Mockingbird by punk_vampire
Summary: William ‘Spike’ Bradford had a perfect life. He is married to his first and only love, Buffy, and is a father to his twins. One night his life was turned upside down. Now, he had to raise his children alone only hoping that one day his wife will come back.
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 6270 Read: 7833 Published: 04/12/2005 Updated: 04/14/2005

1. Chapter 1 by punk_vampire

2. Chapter 2 by punk_vampire

3. Chapter 3 by punk_vampire

4. Chapter 4 by punk_vampire

5. Chapter 5 by punk_vampire

Chapter 1 by punk_vampire
SUMMARY- William ‘Spike’ Bradford had a perfect life. He is married to his first and only love, Buffy, and is a father to his twins. One night his life was turned upside down. Now, he has to raise his children alone only hoping that one day his wife will come back.

DISCLAIMER- Joss owns all the BtVS characters. The twins, James and Emma, are mine.

***

William ‘Spike’ Bradford pulled into the driveway of his house. He stepped out of the car and immediately ripped off his tie. He was happy to be home because he knew what was waiting behind the door.

“Daddy! Daddy’s home!” he heard from inside.

He walked up to his front door and opened it. Two little children ran up to him and attacked his legs; they held on to him for dear life. A smile appeared on his face.

“Hey, how were my princess and little soldier today.” He bent down and picked up his children in his arms. He gave each one a kiss on the cheek.

“It was the best. Auntie Faith did my nails.” The girl brought her hands to his face.

“And Uncle Angel showed me how to wrestle!” The boy climbed up to Spike’s neck and put him in a weak chokehold.

“Is that so.” Spike chuckle and carried the twins in the kitchen. “Hey, sis!” he walked up to his sister.

“How’s it going big bro?” Faith said.

“Now that I’m home, I’m fine.” He sat down and the twin ran off to play. “Did you have a good time with James and Emma?”

“Of course! I think you need to watch out for James though. Wrestling with Angel? Whew, that kid is like the energizer bunny.” Faith leaned back on the counter.

“Where is Angel?”

“He went to get pizza and rent some movies. It’s Friday, remember?”

“Oh, yeah. I’ve been out of the loop for a bit.”

“How so?”

“I’ve got a lot on my mind, Faith. It’s that time of the year. You know.”

“Spike if you need to talk I’m here. I know this is really hard for you.” She sat down next to her brother.

“It’ll be our fifth anniversary next week.” Spike looked down at the wedding ring on his finger.

Faith stayed silent. She knew how hard it was for her brother ever since that night. That horrible night.

“I keep thinking if I gotten there sooner, I could have saved her. I could have stopped this whole thing from happening.”

“There was nothing you could do Spike.”

“She’s been gone for three years next week. Some bastard out there probably has her locked up. What if she’s – she might be-”

Faith didn’t let him finish the sentence. “Spike, you know for the past three years the police have been doing everything they can. You have to be strong for your kids.”

“I know.”

“You’ve gotta have some faith.”
He chuckled. “Believe me I have a lot of faith. You don’t know how grateful I am. Thank you for being here. Without you or Angel or the rest of the gang, I don’t think I could have gotten this far.”

“That’s what I’m here for.” She smiled and punched him lightly in the arm. They both stood up and gave each other a hug.

He walked into the living room. His four-year-old twins were watching Spongebob. They smiled when they saw their dad sit next to them.

Doing a complete emotion flip for his kids, Spike said, “So, what’s our favorite spongy friend up to?”

***

A couple of minutes later Angel, Faith’s husband, walked in with pizza and a bunch of movies. Spike laughed when he saw Angel limping. “What happened to you?” Spike asked as he served Emma her pizza.

“I kicked his butt!” James said proudly.

Everyone laughed except for Angel. “What do you feed this kid? Half the time I couldn’t even catch up to him!”

“That’s my soldier!” Spike smiled at his son when he gave him a salute. “See, now that made my day!”

“Shut up Spike,” Angel snarled.

“I’m just saying, you got beat up by a four year old.” Spike and the twins laughed.

“It was funny, Daddy!” Emma said.

“I bet it was. Hey mate, cheer up.” Spike patted Angel on his back. “Okay, to make things fair I’ll wrestle James.”

“You serious?”

“Yeah.”

“I’m telling you, don’t do it!”

“Come on, son!” Spike went in the living room and moved the coffee table to the side.

“Spike, I’m warning you!” Angel tried to get up but fell back. “You are gonna be a dead man!” He called out.

***

Five minutes later Faith handed Spike an ice bag. James destroyed him.

“I’m sorry daddy.” He said.

“No worries. I’m fine.” He lied. ‘At least I don’t have to worry about him getting beat up in school.’ He thought.

***

A couple of hours later, Faith and Angel were ready to leave.

“Thanks for looking after them.” Spike said.

“Only for you, bro! You need any help tomorrow?”

“Nah, weekends are the only time I get with my kids. I’ll be fine, really.”

“Okay! See yah.”

Spike looked at his two kids sleeping on the couch. He took both in her arms and carried them upstairs. He put each one in their beds and tucked them in. He was about to leave when he hard a small voice call him.

“Daddy?” Emma called.

“Yes, sweetheart?”

“I love you.”

“I love you, too.” He places kiss on her forehead.

He walked into his room and got ready for bed. When he laid down he stared at the picture on his bedside table. It was his wife, Buffy. He took the picture and ran his thumb over her face. “I love you, Buffy. I promise I’ll find you. I promise.” With that he placed the picture back on the table so it was facing him directly. He stared at her beautiful face until he fell asleep.

***

I hope everyone likes it so far. I got the idea from Eminem’s song Mockingbird. The chapters coming up are going to have a lot of flashbacks. You are going to learn what happened that horrible night. Hopefully I can post it today or tomorrow. Please review. They make me happy and write faster! =)

punk_vampire

Chapter 2 by punk_vampire
I’m so glad everyone likes the story so far. Here’s chapter 2!

A/N Thoughts are in ‘single quotations’ Just to let you know.

***

The rain was pouring outside and the storm was getting worse. Spike tossed and turned in his bed. He was having a nightmare, the nightmare. Every year around the time of his anniversary, he would have the same nightmare of that night. Luckily, he was woken up by the sound of his bedroom door flying.

“DADDY!” Emma and James ran into the room and jumped into Spike’s bed.

“What’s wrong, bits?”

“That loud booming sound!” Emma said.

“The thunder?”

The twins nodded. “Can we stay here tonight?” James asked.

“Sure. Come here.” The twins moved to their father, but James noticed something on the floor. HE picked it up. It was the picture of Buffy. The boy’s faces sadden; so did his sister’s. James placed the picture carefully on the table.

“I miss Mommy.” Emma crawled to her father for comfort. James followed her.

Those words broke his heart. His two children had to live three year without their mother. “I do too.”

“Is she ever going to come back?” James looked into his dad’s eyes. Spike saw his son’s green eyes and saw Buffy.

“James, Emma you know that any chance I get, I’m looking for her.” They nodded “Mommy, loves you two so much. Remember that.”

“Daddy, why would that man want to take her away?”

Spike didn’t want to answer. He relived that day in his head.

2002

Spike held his daughter in his arms and looked at his wife. She was looking at their son making faces at him. He laughed. Today was their second anniversary. Nothing could go wrong.

Spike stood up. “Okay, bits. Time to go to grandma’s!”

“Spike, you sure you want to leave them there! What if-”

She was cut of by Spike’s lips. “No, tonight we are going to have a romantic dinner. Your mother agreed to watch the twins. It’s just me and you tonight.”

“Fine. Goodbye my little babies, I love you.” Buffy placed a kiss on Emma and James’ forehead.

“I’ll be home in 30 minutes. I love you.” Spike said.

“I love you too.”

***

Spike arrived at his mother-in-law’s house and dropped of his children. “Okay, you two be good and mommy and daddy will pick you up tomorrow! Thanks again Joyce!”

“No problem. I would never say no to watching them. Tell Buffy Happy Anniversary!”

Spike ran to his car. Before he went home, he decided to go the gift shop. After picking out a stuffed bear and roses he ran to the liquor store and bought a bottle of champagne.

He whistled when he walked up the driveway. He saw that the front door was open. Carefully walking in the house, Spike looked around. The champagne bottle smashed when it hit the floor. Spike saw blood on the living room floor. He ran all over the house calling Buffy’s name. The living room was destroyed, everything was broken and there was blood on the floor. Spike, stopped when he saw a note on the floor.

BUFFY IS MINE! YOU WILL NEVER SEE HER AGAIN! I DON’T WANT RANSOM! YOU ARE PAYING FOR TAKING HER AWAY FROM ME! BUFFY IS MINE!

At the bottom of the note were Buffy’s bloody handprint and a P.S.

P.S LOOK IN THE DESK DRAW

Spike opened the draw. He cried when he saw what was inside. Polaroid pictures of Buffy tied up and blindfolded. She was cut on her arm and cheek. He could tell she was crying because her mascara was running down her cheek. Spike couldn’t take it anymore. He dropped the picture. In the draw was something else. It was a card. It was his anniversary card from Buffy.

Dear William,

First let me start by saying I love you with all my heart and soul. I thank God everyday because I have you. We have reached your fourth year of being together and second year of being married. You have given me everything. You are loving, caring, a hopeless romantic and devoted father. Because of you I have a family. Because of you, I live. William, you are the best thing that has happened to be. I can’t wait to wake up everyday because the first person I see is you. You are my first and only true love. You are my soul mate. I love you so much, baby. Here’s to our life together.

Love forever,
Buffy

Spike broke down in tears. He fell to his knees. He used his cell phone and called the police. He also called Joyce. When she arrived, he sobbed at the sight of his children. 'How am I going to get through this!' He took Emma and James in his arms. ‘No,’ he thought ‘this is not happening!’ The police questioned him and collected evidence. Joyce let Spike and the twins stay with her that night. Joyce called family and friends so Spike could get some sleep.

That night Spike, cried himself to sleep with his children by his side. All he could think about was Buffy.


***

“Daddy, you didn’t answer my question!”

Spike was brought back to earth.

“I’m sorry, sweetheart.”

“Why did that man take mommy?”

“He is a bad man.” Spike said.

‘And he’s gonna pay!’


***

This chapter is for everyone who reviewed! Thanks you guys. Please review!
Chapter 3 by punk_vampire
Okay, I know you guys want to see Buffy, but we are gonna have some flashbacks first.

***

Saturday morning, Spike woke up and went down to the kitchen. He made breakfast for his family. While he was cooking, he heard the pitter-patter of feet. Emma and James appeared.

“Good morning.” They said in unison.

“Good morning to you too.” Spike picked up this kids and sat them on the stools. “I made your favorite breakfast!” He handed them a plate of chocolate-chip pancakes and a glass of milk.

“Thank you, Daddy.” Emma said. James just dug into his food.

“Your welcome. Hey! Slow down there, Speedy Gonzales!” He ruffled James hair and Emma giggled at her brother.

***

When the three of them finished eating James and Emma went up to their rooms while Spike cleaned up.

“I don’t want to go anywhere today.” Emma said.

“Why? Daddy takes us anywhere we want on Saturday!”

“I want to stay home. Daddy can tell stories about Mommy.” Emma picked up Mr. Gordo. The pig belonged to her mother but Spike gave it to her as a birthday gift.

“You sure?” James questioned. Emma nodded.

“Then lets go tell him.”

***

Spike saw his kids run down the stair still in their pajamas. “Why aren’t you dressed? It Saturday, we go anywhere you want.”

“We don’t want to go anywhere.” James told his father.

“We want to stay home and listen to stories about mommy.” Emma went over to the couch and sat down.

“You really want to do that?” Spike was worried.

“Yeah!” they all sat down on the couch.

“Okay then. Um, how about the time, mommy and daddy first got together.

1998, Sunnydale University

Spike was fidgeting in his seat. He took the drama course for one reason. Her. Buffy Summers walked into the class. Her honey gold hair was in a bun but tendrils framed her face. Dressed in tight blue jeans and a small novelty t-shirt that read ‘Blonde Bombshell’. She took a seat in the front. Spike sighed at the sight of her. He had a crush on Buffy since he moved to Sunnydale last year. During his senior year he was her friend but never had the courage to confront her about his feelings. Now that they were in college, things would be different.

“Attention class! I want to start off with attendance.” The teacher went down the roll call.

“William Bradford!” Buffy’s head shot up when she heard that name.

“Here!” Buffy followed the British voice and saw him, William a.k.a Spike. His bleach-blonde was ruffled and going in every direction. He wore his usual black jeans, t-shirt, and duster. Buffy bit her lip as she looked at him. Spike was a total hottie in high school and still was. She had a crush on him since senior year of high school but she had a boyfriend. Maybe now that she broke up with her boyfriend during the summer, she would have a chance.

When attendance was done, the teacher addressed the class on the play they were doing this year. “Romeo and Juliet. The epic romance of two lovers. Only problem is, is that their families hate each other. This is one of the best plays ever written and this year, you will perform it. We will start with additions. Anybody willing to play Romeo?”

Of the boys raising their hand, Spike was one of them. Buffy saw him raising his hand. ‘Maybe I could get Juliet.’

“Good, any Juliet’s?” Buffy raised her hand and Spike smiled.

“I am handing out the scripts. Additions are at 4 o’clock in the auditorium.”

***

“And our last additions for Romeo and Juliet, William Bradford and Buffy Summers.” The director called out.

“Hey Buffy.” Spike said.

“Hi, uh we are doing the balcony scene right?” Buffy asked.

“Yeah, you ready?”

She nodded and they started the scene.

“But, soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun. Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon, It is my lady, oh, it is my love! O, that she knew she were!” Spike got down on his knees.

“Ay me!” Buffy said from the lifted section of stage.

“She speaks, Oh speak again, bright angel!” Spike stood up.

“Romeo, Oh Romeo where for art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse they name; or if thou wilt not be sworn my love, and I’ll no longer be a Capulet.”

“Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?

“Art thou not Romeo and a Montague?” Buffy turned her back from Spike.

“Neither, fair maid, if either thee dislike.”

“How came thou hither, tell me and where for? The garden walls are high and hard to climb, and the place death, considering who thou art, if any of my kinsmen find thee here.”

“With love’s light wings did I perch these walls; for stony limits cannot hold out and what love can do that dare love attempt. Therefore thy kinsmen are no let to me.” Spike jumped up to Buffy’s raised stage so they were face to face.

“If they do see thee, they will murder thee.”

“I have the night’s cloak to hide me from their eyes, and but thou love me, let them find me here. My life were better ended by their hate, than death prorogued wanting of thy love.” Spike inched closer to Buffy’s face. He was about to kiss her but an uproar of applause made him jump.

They stopped the scene and saw a standing ovation from the audience. “LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE FOUND OUR ROMEO AND JULIET!” the director screamed. Buffy and Spike smiled at each other.

***

Spike volunteered to walk Buffy to her dorm. While walking, Spike decided to make his move. “Buffy, can I tell you something.”

“Sure Spike.”

“Well, ever since the first time I saw you, I’ve had a crush on you.” Spike blushed.

“Really?” Buffy was jumping up and down inside.

“Yeah. I never had the courage to tell you. I felt like a real poofster.”

“I had a boyfriend, you know.”

“Oh, yeah. What’s his name?”

“Riley, but don’t worry. I broke up with him.”

“Really?”

“Yup, he was a real jerk. You should have seen him; he was on his knees begging for me not to leave.”

Spike laughed. “What a git! What did he do?”

“He cheated on me. Luckily I didn’t love him. But I’m glad I dumped him because during senior year, I had a crush on you too.”

“Wow. You did?” Spike was filled with joy.

“Yeah, I still do.” Buffy took Spike’s hand. “I really like you, Spike.”

“I like you too.” Spike smiled.

When they reached Buffy’s dorm Spike laced their hands together. “Buffy, would it be okay if I kissed you?”

She nodded. When their lips met, they both felt a jolt. The kiss was gentle. Spike put his arms around her waist and she put her arms around his neck. They had to break the kiss because they needed air.

“Can I take you on a date tomorrow?” Spike asked suddenly.

“I would love that.”

“I’ll pick you up at 8 sharp.” Spike bent down for one last kiss.

“Good night William.”

“Good night Buffy.”

***

Buffy walked into her dorm and jumped on her bed.

“Why are you so giddy, Buffy?” Her roommate Willow asked.

“I’m in love!”

***

Spike ran into his dorm and started jumping up and down. He turned on his CD player to max volume and started dancing and singing. His roommate, Xander, screamed over the music, “SPIKE, WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH YOU?”

“I’M IN LOVE!”

***


“Daddy?”

“Yes.”

“You were crazy.” Emma laughed.

“He probably looked like a monkey jumping up and down!” James teased.

“Well that’s your mother’s fault. She drove me crazy and I still love her.”

***

I hoped everyone liked this chapter. The next two chapters have flashbacks and then we learn who took Buffy. Suspense I know. Hehehe…
Chapter 4 by punk_vampire
The suspense last chapter was killing you people! HAHA! Calm down. Two chapters will be posted today…hopefully.

***

“So what happened next?”

“Well, I took her on a date.”

***

She looked at herself in the mirror for the umpteenth time. Her hair was straightened. She had on a red spaghetti strap tank top and her faded blue jeans. For some reason Spike had told her to wear jeans and not a dress. She was wondering what they were going to do. Buffy opened her door at exactly 8 o’clock. On the other side was Spike. He looked handsome. He was wearing blue jeans and a white wife beater under a black button up. He handed her a single red rose.

“Aww, thank you.” She said.

“Anything thing for you. Come on.”

“Where are we going?”

“You’ll see.”

***

They pulled up to the beach. Spike ran around the car and opened Buffy’s door. He took her hand and they walked down to the shore.

“Buffy, do you trust me?” Spike asked suddenly.

She took a moment to think “Yes.”

“Alright then. Follow me.” Spike led her to a cliff. When he began to climb it, she got worried.

“No way!”

“You said you trust me.” Spike held out his hand. She sighed and took it.

“Now I know why you made me wear jeans.” She said and he chuckled.

Together, they climbed until they reached the top. Buffy heard music and smelled something delicious. When she saw what was at the top she gasped.

At the top was a picnic set up for two. Soft music was playing. “Oh my gosh. Spike this is so sweet.”

“I’m glad you like it.” He poured her a glass of champagne.

After eating their meal, Spike held Buffy in his arms. Her back was to his chest. He whispered in her ear. “Did I tell you that you looked beautiful tonight?”

She giggled “Five times, but who’s counting.”

“I have a surprise for you.”

“What is it?”

Spike reached into his pocket for his cell phone. He dialed a number and said, “Do it.” He put the phone back in his pocket. “Buffy, this is for you.” He pointed into the sky. A few seconds later, fireworks appeared. Buffy put her hand over her mouth in total shock.

“Oh my god! How did you do this?”

“I have my ways. The best part is coming up.”

She watched the fireworks unravel. Then she saw the message. The fireworks said ‘ I LOVE YOU’ with hearts around it. She gasped at the beautiful sight and turned around to Spike. He smiled at her and said, “I love you, Buffy Summers.”

She gave him a kiss and said, “I love you too.”

***


“And that was our first date!” Spike said.

“Wow.” Emma said.

“Who was that person you called.” James asked.

“I called Uncle Xander. Him and Uncle Angel shot the fireworks.”

“Tell us about the time you asked Mommy to marry you!”

*** Christmas 1999

Buffy walked into Spike’s apartment. As soon as she walked in she noticed all the candles glowing. On the couch was Spike. He stood up and called her to sit down.

“Spike, what is all of this?” she said as she sat down.

“You’ll see.” When Spike got down on his knee, Buffy knew what was going on.

He took out the small box from his pocket. “Buffy Anne Summers, you are my everything. I love you more than anything else on this world. I would do anything for you. You are so beautiful, funny, intelligent, caring and kind. You are perfect. I am so grateful hat I found you. Without you I would be a bloody wreck. Of all my years there’s only one thing I’ve ever been sure of, you. When I say ‘I love you’, it’s not because I want you or because I have you. It has nothing to do with me. I love who you are, what you do, how you try. I’ve seen you kindness and your strength. I’ve seen the best and the worst of you and I understand with perfect clarity exactly what you are. You are a hell of a woman. You’re the one Buffy. Will you marry me?”

He opened the box and inside was a platinum band ring with a 2.00 carats center diamond and two 0.50 carats diamonds on the sides.

Buffy had tears running down her eyes. She smiled at the man in front of her and said, “Yes, I’ll marry you.” Spike slipped the ring on her finger and they shared a passionate kiss.

***


“So we got married and had you two!” Spike said.

Emma smiled at her father. He started to tickle her and she laughed out loud. Spike then noticed that his son fell asleep during the story. He signaled Emma to tickle him “On the count of three.” he whispered “One, two, three!” The pounced on the little boy and he immediately woke up! They laughed so hard that they started to tear.

Spike enjoyed every moment he had with his kids. During the week he worked his ass of to support his family. He knew what his kids were going through, growing up without a mom. Spike’s mother died when he was only ten. Life in England was hard. Murders everyday, violence, gangs. Spike wanted the best for his kids. Buffy’s case would always show up on the news and Spike would immediately turn the T.V off. He didn’t want to fell the pain.

When the phone rang, they all groaned. Spike went to pick I up.

“Hello?”

“Mr. Bradford?”

“Yes?”

“This is Detective McDonald. Sir, we found your wife.”
***

Yeah
I know sometimes things may not always make sense to you right now
But hey, what daddy always tell you?
Straighten up little soldier
Stiffen up that upper lip
What you crying about?
You got me

Kids, I know you miss your mom and I know you miss your dad
When I'm gone but I'm trying to give you the life that I never had
I can see you're sad, even when you smile, even when you laugh
I can see it in your eyes; deep inside you want to cry
Cuz you're scared, I ain't there?
Daddy's with you in your prayers
No more crying, wipe them tears
Daddy's here, no more nightmares
We gon' pull together through it, we gon' do it
Emma daddy's crazy, aint he?
Yeah but he loves you girl and you better know it
We're all we got in this world
When it spins, when it swirls
When it whirls, when it twirls
A little beautiful girl
Lookin' puzzled, in a daze
I know it's confusing you
Daddy's always on the move, mamma's always on the news
I try to keep you sheltered from it but somehow it seems
The harder that I try to do that, the more it backfires on me
All the things growing up his daddy that he had to see
Daddy don't want you to see but you see just as much as he did
We did not plan it to be this way, your mother and me
But things have gotten so bad between us
I don't know if we'll ever being together ever again
Like we used to be when we was teenagers
But then of course everything always happens for a reason
I guess it was never meant to be
But it's just something we have no control over and that's what destiny is
But no more worries, rest your head and go to sleep
Maybe one day we'll wake up and this will all just be a dream

Now hush little babies, don't you cry
Everything's gonna be alright
Stiffen that upperlip up little lady, I told ya
Daddy's here to hold ya through the night
I know mommy's not here right now and we don't know why
We fear how we feel inside
It may seem a little crazy, pretty babies
But I promise momma's gon' be alright

Listen kids,
All I ever wanted to do was just make you proud
Now I'm sittin in this empty house, just reminiscing
Lookin' at your baby pictures, it just trips me out
To see how much you both have grown, it's almost like we're closer now
Wow, guess we pretty much are and daddy's still here
James I'm talkin' to you too, daddy's still here
I like the sound of that, yeah
It's got a ring to it don't it?
Shh, momma's only gone for the moment

Now hush little baby, don't you cry
Everything's gonna be alright
Stiffen that upperlip up little lady, I told ya
Daddy's here to hold ya through the night
I know mommy's not here right now and we don't know why
We fear how we feel inside
It may seem a little crazy, pretty baby
But I promise momma's gon' be alright

And if you ask me too
Daddy's gonna buy you a mockingbird
I'mma give you the world
I'mma buy a diamond ring for you
I'mma sing for you
I'll do anything for you to see you smile
And if that mockingbird don't sing and that ring don't shine
I'mma break that birdies neck
I'd go back to the jeweler who sold it to ya
And make him eat every carat don't fuck with dad (haha)

***

I changed the song to relate to the story. It’s kinda of what’s Spike thinking when starts to play with the kids to when he gets the phone call. And I also decide to get to Buffy. Maybe if I get reviews, I could post another chapter today. I dunno, what to you think?
Chapter 5 by punk_vampire
“Hello?”

“Mr. Bradford?”

“Yes?”

“This is Detective McDonald. Sir, we found your wife.”

***

“Buffy! You found Buffy! Is she alright?”

“She’s great. She’s here and she wants to talk to you.”

“Spike.” He heard her voice and he broke down.

“Buffy, oh my God. I missed you so much baby!”

“Me too! Spike I want to see you so bad.”

“Don’t worry baby, I’m coming!”

***

“SIR!”

Spike broke out of his daydream. “I’m here! You found Buffy? Is she alright?”

“Mr. Bradford, your wife was brought to the hospital. I hate to tell you this but, she in a coma.”

“A-a coma?”

“Yes, but I do have some good news for you. We caught a suspect and we are sure he is the one who did this.”

Hate coursed through Spike’s body. “How sure?”

“100 percent.”

“Where is he?”

“At the police station but we-”

Spike hung the phone up violently. He turned to see Emma and James looking at him. “Listen bits, I’m going to drop you off at Auntie Faith’s. I need to go out for a bit.”

“What happened, daddy?”

“I’ll tell you later.”

***

“Faith, can you watch them?” Spike asked.

“Sure, come in.”

“No time! I’ll see you two in a couple of hours!” Spike was going to leave but Faith pulled his arm.

“Spike, what is up?”

He pulled her into the kitchen away from the kids. “They found Buffy. She’s in a coma. They have the suspect down at the police station.”

“Oh my God!”

“Yeah, I gotta go!”

“Spike, wait!” Faith called out but her ran to his car.

Angel walked in the kitchen “Was that Spike?”

“Angel, follow him!”

“Why?

“They found Buffy. She’s in a coma and they have a suspect at the police station. Knowing my brother, he is gonna kill that guy.”

***

Spike walked into the station with his fists and jaw clenched.

“Mr. Bradford.” The detective called him.

“Where is he?”

“The suspect was just escorted to a jail cell.”

“Where?”

“Around the back. They took him through the parking lot.”

Spike ran out the doors and saw a line of prisoners heading toward the back of the station. He ran towards them. Then, Spike saw him. He knew it was him. It all clicked; Riley Finn.

Spike pounced on the man and started to beat him “YOU SON OF A BITCH! YOU TOOK HER AWAY! FOR THREE YEARS YOU TOOK HER AWAY! I’LL KILL YOU. YOU ARE A DEAD MAN, YOU HEAR ME YOU BASTARD. YOU ARE A DEAD MAN, FINN! I’LL KILL YOU!”

“SPIKE STOP!” Spike heard Angel and Xander calling him. Officers pulled Spike off Riley and handed him to Angel and Xander. Spike fell to his knees and cried.

“Spike, get up.” Angel pulled Spike to his feet.

“Come on, buddy. We need to go to the hospital.” Xander said as they walked to the car.

***

Spike ran to the desk “Buffy Bradford!”

“Bradford.” A female doctor said. “I’m treating her.”

“I’m her husband. Where is she?”

“Follow me. My name is Winifred Burkle. Your wife was brought in with a broken arm and some internal bleeding. By her stats, it seem as if she was in a coma for about a year now.”

“Oh my God.”

“We immediately went into surgery to stop the bleeding. Here. You can go in.”

Spike slowly walked into the room. On the bed he saw his fallen angel. Her face had bruises and her hair was a mess. She was very skinny and dark. He almost didn’t recognize her. “B-Buffy?”

She didn’t respond. “Baby, please. I missed you so much. Wake up! Wake up! Buffy!” Spike cried next to his love. “Buffy, it’s me William. Please I beg you, wake up. Let me see those green eyes.”

“Mr. Bradford, if you know anything that could wake her, please try it.” Doctor Burkle said.

A light bulb lit in Spike’s head.

***

“How did you know they were crying?” Spike asked as he and Buffy changed the babies diapers.

“It’s a mom thing. I felt them."

“Really?”

“I had them growing in me for nine months, Spike. We have a special connection.” Buffy picked up Emma “Right Emma? Mommy will always know when you are around!”

***


He reached for his cell phone. “Faith, bring the kids to the hospital.”

***

“Listen,” Spike crouched down to his kids “Mommy’s not well and she needs your help. When you two were babies, she felt whenever you were hurt or sad. She would immediately pick you up and comfort you. So, I need you to talk to her. See is going to look different form the pictures but she is your mommy. If you talk to her, she might wake up.”

“Okay, daddy.”

“Come on.” Spike guided him into the dark room. He placed them on the chairs next to Buffy.

“Mommy?” Emma was starting to cry. “Mommy wake up!” Emma took her Buffy’s hand.

“We miss you!” James joined his sister.

The twins’ tears fell on Buffy’s lap. Together they said, “Mommy, we love you!”

All of a sudden, Buffy’s finger moved and her eyes fluttered. “Emma? James?” Her raspy voice said.

The twins gasped. “Mommy!” They hugged their mother.

“BUFFY!” Spike ran to the bed.

“Spike, oh my god. I’ve missed you.”

“Oh baby. God I love you.” Spike kissed her forehead.

Buffy cried out loud when she saw the two kids on her bed “Emma! James!” she gave each one a kiss on their forehead. “Mommy missed you two so much.”

“We missed you too.”

“I can’t believe it!” The doctor walked in the room. “You are awake.”

“You can thank these two.” Spike gave his kids a bear hug. “We are a family again!”

Buffy couldn’t believe how big her kids grew. She remembered the first time she saw them. Spike grew into a wonderful father. When he put the kids down, Buffy pulled him down and kissed him.

“I love you.”

“I love you too,”

***

WE HAVE FOUND BUFFY! And as usual, Riley is a bastard. Hope you all like! There are only a few chapter left.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=10409