You Never Can Tell by spufette
Summary: A/N: Please remember, I am just terrible at summaries so just give it a read and see if you get where I'm going? Buffy Summers is the ultimate goody girl of Sunnydale California, circa 1963. She's the daughter of Hank Summers and her stepmother, Joyce. Buffy's boyfriend, Angel Crawford, is the High School football captain. However...Buffy harbors a secret crush for Angel's bad boy cousin, Spike Giles. Spike Giles harbors a 'love' for Buffy Summers, but there is the matter of his cousin? Also, Spike doesn't feel worthy of Buffy. There's lots of angst ahead for our Spuffy couple, but true love will prevail, right? Starts mild, with Buffy/other pairing, but not graphic. Will be NC-17 in places (it's Spuffy sillies!)
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 24 Completed: Yes Word count: 70898 Read: 30852 Published: 04/16/2005 Updated: 05/28/2005

1. Summary & Prologue by spufette

2. Chapter 1: 'Girls Talk' by spufette

3. Chapter 2: 'I Only Have Eyes For You by spufette

4. Chapter 3: 'When I Fall In Love' by spufette

5. Chapter 4: 'He's A Rebel' by spufette

6. Chapter 5: 'Love Me Tender' by spufette

7. Chapter 6: 'Then He Kissed Me' by spufette

8. Chapter 7: 'Stand By Me' by spufette

9. Chapter 8: 'Teen Angel' by spufette

10. This Magic Moment by spufette

11. Chapter 10: 'One Hand, One Heart' by spufette

12. Chapter 11: 'Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree' by spufette

13. Chapter 12: (Untitled) by spufette

14. Chapter 13: 'Too Young' by spufette

15. Chapter 14: 'You Never Can Tell' by spufette

16. Chapter 15: 'Chapel of Love' by spufette

17. Chapter 16: 'Earth Angel' by spufette

18. Chapter 17: 'Lonely Teardrops' by spufette

19. Chapter 18: 'Night Time (Is the Right Time)' by spufette

20. Chapter 19: 'What A Wonderful World' by spufette

21. Chapter 20: 'Da Do Ron Ron' by spufette

22. Chapter 21: 'Be My Baby' by spufette

23. Chapter 22: 'You Send Me' by spufette

24. Epilogue: 'You Never Can Tell' (Reprise) by spufette

Summary & Prologue by spufette

YOU NEVER CAN TELL




A/N: Joss Whedon and ME own and operate all of the lovely characters in the Buffyworld. I don’t, never will (even though I wish I did) own them.

Oh, and the title? It’s a hint about the future plotline! Tee hee…


Summary: All of the characters are human in this fic. It’s late summer of 1963 in Sunnydale, California. Seventeen-year old Buffy Summers is the ultimate ‘good’ girl of Sunnydale. The totally golden haired princess of the town, cheerleader and girl girlfriend to the Sunnydale High School football captain. Loved by her father and stepmother, all of her relatives, especially her bad boy cousin, Xander Harris. (Yes, Xander Harris in a leather jacket!) She is adored by the throngs of Sunnydale citizens, mostly by Angel Crawford, her boyfriend, another fair haired hero of High School.

The problem is, Buffy is haunted by the death of her mother, four years before and it drives her to be the good girl for her Daddy, Hank Summers. Add a secret ‘crush’ on Xander’s best friend, fellow bad boy William ‘Spike’ Giles into the mix? There’s trouble a brewin’ in Sunnydale, CA.

Eighteen-year-old Spike Giles, British ex-patriate, resident bad boy, (yes, Spike in a leather jacket!) along with his friend, Xander, has had a major ‘crush’ on Buffy Summers since he arrived in the States. (Okay, Spike is already in love with Buffy Summers!) That was three years ago and even though Buffy has been with Angel Crawford (Spike’s All-American cousin), Spike can’t help the ‘love’ he’s always felt for her. Add to the problem that Spike has always felt a little beneath Buffy, and that his cousin, Angel, supposedly loves her? There’s trouble a brewin’ in Sunnydale.

I’m going to get this show on the road, immediately, and get our Spuffy loving into gear early on in this fiction. It’s going to appear to be a High School fluffy kind of tale, however, I warn you, it will get angstsy. Don’t worry, not the Spuffy break-up kind of a angstsy, but true love, like life, is never easy so…

I hope you read this, enjoy it and review it. Thank you, luv Spuf

(A little warning: There are references to non-Spuffy pairings in the very beginning, but not graphic, promise.)


Prologue:


Spike watched as his cousin, Angel Crawford, ran the length of the Sunnydale High football field. Oh, he was all show and shit, Angel was as he barked orders to his football squad and made a big deal of himself. It disgusted Spike, to no end, that Angel was the center of attention, especially the center of a certain blond cheerleader’s attention.

Buffy Summers, the object of Spike Giles’ obsession, was on the sidelines of the football field, practicing her moves with the coed cheerleading squad. Spike was momentarily gratified to see that Buffy gave Angel no notice as she concentrated on her cheerleading moves.

Next to Spike, sat Buffy’s cousin and Spike’s best friend, Xander Harris. The two young men sat on the bleachers on this fine early August afternoon and watched the antics of the cheerleading squad and football team.

Even though the temperature must have been close to 90 degrees, both Spike and Xander wore their black leather jackets with pride. Spike lit another cigarette and scowled at the little scene now unfolding on the field. Angel, his cousin, was hovering about the cheerleading squad, no, make that hovering around Buffy as the poor deluded girl handed him water in a cup.

“Christ,” Spike grumbled as he watched his poncey cousin grin and just plain act bloody stupid around Buffy. “Angel gets worse every day,” he ‘thought’ out loud.

Xander began to chuckle, softly and lit his own cigarette. Taking a deep drag, Xander Harris blew out a ring of smoke and turned his attention to his best friend, Spike and his obvious jealousy.

“Why the hell don’t you just ask my cousin out, Spike?” The dark haired Xander asked his blond friend, seriously. “You know you’d just love to get your hands on Buffy, why not ask her out? What the heck could it hurt, man?”

“It could hurt a lot,” Spike sighed heavily. ‘A hell of a lot, in fact,’ he repeated to himself. ‘Especially if she rejects me,’ he reasoned silently.

“See that big caveman out there,” Spike grumbled at Xander as he pointed to Angel. “That’s the main reason I don’t ask out Buffy, friend,” he hissed as he kicked the bleacher seat in front of him, angrily. “Buffy is my cousin’s girlfriend, Harris,” he reminded the dark haired young man. “She ‘loves’ him and therefore,” he shook his blond head sadly, “I don’t stand a chance. Besides,” he added wistfully, “Buffy is way out of my league. Too damn good for the likes of me,” he finished with a sigh.

“You’re such a fucking ass, Giles,” Xander laughed outloud as he finished his cigarette. “You know damn well that my girlfriend, Anya, is one of Buffy’s best friends. They talk all the time and Anya says that there is absolutely no fucking sparkage, on Buff’s part anyway, with Angel. Anyway,” Xander went on with a scowl, “my girl is a ‘rah rah’ just like Buffy. She’s not out of my league, right?”

“I guess,” Spike mumbled with another frown. “No sparkage, huh? On Buffy’s part?” Spike asked his buddy with a raised dark brow.

Of course, Angel was just fucking delireous over Buffy, who wouldn’t be? But Spike had never even considered the notion that Buffy might not return that feeling for his big, lumbering jackass of a cousin, Angel.

‘Not even real football,’ Spike thought with contempt as he watched Angel practically posing with the stupid ball. ‘Angel probably couldn’t play ‘real’ football if his life depended on it,’ the blond smirked widely.

“None, zip, zero,” Xander answered evenly, “the Buffy sparkage for Angel, I mean,” the dark headed teen added. “According to my Anya,” Xander chuckled, “she’s not even sure if Buffy ‘likes’ Angel all that much. Forget the lovey dovey part. Besides, sometimes I think that little Buffy just dates Angel because his dad’s is her dad’s business partner. Buffy just loves to please her daddy, my Uncle Hank.”

“Buffy might come across as a all innocent, naïve and goody-goody, Spike old pal,” Xander continued, “even virginal? But deep inside? I bet my little cousin is just a burning volocano of lust, waiting for the right guy to come along and…”

“Quit talking about Buffy that way,” Spike hissed, glaring at Xander. “She deserves better then that Harris, you know it.”

“I know,” Xander became suddenly serious, “and ‘you’ know how much I love Buffy. But the facts are this, Spike,” the dark haired teen scowled again, his brows scrunched together. “Buffy’s got some things she needs to work out, in her head. You know what happened, with Aunt Elizabeth, her mom, and all. It was Buffy that found her mom, after she’d downed the whole bottle of ‘mother’s little helpers’ and stopped breathing.”

Spike flinched, feeling Buffy Summers’ pain of that awful day. He hadn’t moved to Sunnydale, from England, with his own family yet. However, as soon as he’d laid eyes on Buffy, made friends with her cousin Xander and settled in? Spike made everything about Buffy Summers his business, even though his own cousin had already laid claim to her.

“Is she always going to blame herself?” Spike asked softly, watching Buffy to some ‘rah rah’ routine. “Even is she shouldn’t? For her Mum’s death? Just why did Elizabeth Summers kill herself, Xander?”

“I’ve told you enough,” Xander shrugged nervously. “Listen,” the teen added, “ask Buffy out. Grow some balls and ask her out. If you two get together? Well, then Buffy’ll tell you everything you need to know about her past. But for now, just know that Buffy’s mother killed herself, it’s no secret and that Uncle Hank remarried pretty quickly after that.”

“Yeah,” Spike mumbled under his breath, “Hank Summers. Mr. Wonderful, eh? Reminds me of my own Uncle Liam, Angel’s dad. A real dickhead, that’s for sure. Why my Mum has to be related to the ponce…”

“Damn,” Xander hissed suddenly, “I’m due at the Double Meat Palace, for work, in an hour. I’m gone,” he finished with a flick of his cigarette butt to the ground. “Going?” he asked Spike, “or are you going to just sit here and moon over Buffy?”

“I’m going,” Spike replied. But he looked longingly at Buffy Summers, still on the field, practicing for the new school year, just three weeks away.

“I hate this fucking cheerleading shit,” Xander sighed deeply. “It takes up serious make-out time for me and Anya. Can’t wait until after Christmas break. Then things slow down for ‘rah rahs’ and I get my girl back.” Xander smirked at Spike and motioned for him to follow him out of the football stadium.

Before they slipped through the gate, Spike turned and looked longingly at Buffy Summers.

‘I’ll always be beneath her,’ he thought sadly, with a shake of his blond head. “I’ll never be good enough for the likes of Buffy Summers.’

Xander and Spike left the stadium to go to their respective summer jobs. If Spike had of looked back, at Buffy, just one more time? He would have seen the blond haired cheerleader watching him and her cousin as they left. A sad, longing expression on her own pretty face.


A/N: Well, that’s the start, just a Summary and Proglogue. I’m finishing up with A Murder in Sunnydale and Na Grach Croi before I get too involved in this fiction.

A little heads up: This story will not be as long as most of my fics. However, I will try and go into detail and capture the ‘atmosphere and environment’ of this time in history. Remember that a lot of things were quite different then (for those of us old enough to remember any of it!) and I’m going to try and write with that in mind.

I hope you all will read this and get caught up in it. Everyone is human, some more then others (!) and again, there will be angst. Please stick with me on this. I will reference certain sources as the plotlines dictate. Don’t be afraid, this is Spuffy, for sure as it’s all I ever really write.

Thank you for reading this fic. Please review. Luv Spuf






Chapter 1: 'Girls Talk' by spufette
YOU NEVER CAN TELL


Chapter 1: ‘Girls Talk’


A/N: Sigh, I was going to hold off on this chapter, until I got a couple of reviews for my last chapter of Na Grach Croi? However, I am really stoked (okay, again I date myself here!) about this fiction. I’m really, really writing a bunch of future chapters (in my head on this one). Please, please read this and review, tell me what you think? Thanks, Luv, Spuf

Also, someone E-d me and asked me about the title of this fiction. Where I got it, and all? Well, actually, it’s the title of an old Chuck Berry song and I felt it was apprapoe to the story and the time frame of it. If you’re familiar with song, then you’ve already gotten the hint of some future plotlines. Thanks, luv Spuf


Buffy Summers slowly walked through the front door of her Dad and Stepmother’s house. It was once Buffy’s house, really, when her own Mom, Elizabeth, was still alive. However, since that awful day, when Buffy found her Mom, dead on the master bathroom floor? This house ceased to be a real home, to Buffy anyway, and became an empty ‘shell’ of a place. Merely a ‘house’ and nothing more.

“I’m home,” Buffy called out, to no one in particular. She was well aware that her dad, Hank, was still at work. His precious factory, his real ‘baby’ was the focus of her dad’s life. Not even Joyce, Buffy’s stepmom, or her stepsister, little Dawnie, would ever rank up there with the ‘factory’ that Hank held dearest.

“Hello, Buffy,” came Joyce Summers’ light, cheerful voice. “I’m glad you’re home, now, that is,” the older woman added, shyly.

Since day one, after Hank had married Joyce Corrigan? Buffy had made things a bit difficult for the older woman. She had made it clear, from that day on, that Joyce would never replace her own Mom, Elizabeth, in Buffy’s life. Even if Joyce brought a built-in little sister, for Buffy that is, with her.

“How was cheerleading practice,” Joyce asked, a little bashfully. The new Mrs. Summers was well aware of the fact that her stepdaughter, Buffy, was more then leary of her.

“Okay,” Buffy shrugged, a little too indifferently. She walked past Joyce, as she’d done for the last three years, and headed up to her room.

“Buffy,” Joyce called out to Buffy, halting the teen in her tracks. “I’d like to talk to you, privately, that is,” Joyce finished with authority.

Buffy sighed, heavily and turned to face her stepmother. She tried not to notice the interested, eager look in Joyce’s blue eyes.

‘I can’t let her in,’ Buffy told herself, firmly. ‘She’s not my mother,’ she reminded herself, reluctantly.

“Please, Buffy?” Joyce asked quietly, her expression was almost desperate now.

“Okay,” Buffy sighed again and slowly headed down the stairs to the front room.

“Please sit down, Buffy,” Joyce motioned to the avacado green plush couch. Buffy flinched as she realized that her poor stepmother was treating her, Buffy, like a guest in her own home. Of course, when did Buffy ever ‘let’ the older woman treat her as anything else?

“Buffy,” Joyce began, carefully, “I want to talk to you, about Angel, about a lot of things.”

Buffy leaned back onto the couch and nodded, silently, “yeah,” she replied, in more of a question then an answer.

“Buffy,” Joyce began again, “do you really ‘like’ Angel Crawford?”

Buffy flinched and set up on the couch, a little shocked at her stepmother’s question.

“Well, yeah,” Buffy stammered quickly. “Why would I date him, if I didn’t at least like him?” She was beginning to feel a little cornered now and began to feel her hackles going up.

“I don’t know,” Joyce stuttered, averting her eyes from Buffy’s. “Just a feeling, as a woman. Sometimes,” Joyce continued, “I think you date Angel, just to please your father?”

“You don’t know that,” Buffy mumbled under her breath. “How do you ‘know’ why I do the things I do. You…”

“I want to be your friend,” Joyce blurted out, suddenly, causing them both to blush profusely. “I want to help you, Buffy,” the woman whispered softly. “I know I’ll never replace your mother, Buffy,” Joyce continued in a soft, almost soothing voice. “But I’d like to try and be your friend, please.”

Buffy felt an old familiar tug at her heart. The one she used to feel, all the time, when Mama was alive. Even if her real mother, Elizabeth, had turned from Buffy in the last few months of her life. The blond haired teen knew, deep down, exactly what her own mother thought about her, back then. Elizabeth blamed Buffy, in her own mind, for all of her own sorrows. For all of the losses that Elizabeth Summers had dealt with, well after Buffy was born.

Shaking off the bad memories of that time, Buffy looked into Joyce’s light blue eyes. She’d never noticed, not really, before this, that Joyce had the kindest blue eyes she’d ever seen. Except for one other person’s, but Buffy couldn’t think about ‘him’ right now.

“We can try,” Buffy replied in a little girl voice that she just hated. She couldn’t help herself, she needed this woman’s friendship, her affection and more then that? Buffy needed Joyce’s listening ear, her advice and opinions. Simply put, Buffy needed a mother figure, someone to talk to, confide in. Someone older, wiser and definitely, Buffy needed an ally like Joyce in her life.

“Okay,” Joyce smiled warmly as she took Buffy’s little hand in her own larger, but comforting one. “We’ll try,” the older woman patted Buffy’s warm hand.

“About Angel,” Buffy stammered, shyly, “I do like him, really, Joyce. But…”

“You don’t love him, do you?” Joyce finished Buffy’s sentence for her.

“No,” Buffy shook her head and answered firmly. “I don’t, and I never will. Angel is a ‘nice’ guy, safe and of course, acceptable to Daddy.” Buffy scowled, her brows scrunched together in anxious thoughts.

“You’re awfully young still, Buffy. There’s so much life ahead of you and if Angel isn’t going to be a part of it? Then so be it,” Joyce said softly, already starting with the motherly advice.

“I know, but Daddy likes Angel enough for all of us,” Buffy actually giggled a little at this vocal thought. “Maybe Daddy should marry Angel,” she began to laugh loudly.

Joyce joined in her stepdaughter’s infectuous laughter and without thinking, hugged the teen to her. She was rewarded for her affection when Buffy did not pull away from her.

‘It’ll be better,’ thought Joyce Summers with relief. ‘We’ll be friends.’


Spike lay on the hood of his De Soto, his beloved car and stared up at the stars in the black night’s sky. His thoughts, as usual, were on a certain little blond pixie of a girl.

“Buffy,” he sighed loudly as he pulled a cigarette from his jacket pocket. He lit the smoke and took a deep, satisfying drag, chuckling a little at the thought of his Father, Rupert Giles.

Rupert Giles hated the fact that Spike smoked, hated the fact, really that his only child, William, even went by the nickname Spike. But, that’s the way it was, after all, and Spike had no intention of giving either his smoking habit or his moniker up.

Spike’s thoughts returned to Buffy, his obsession. The blond teen sighed again, deeply, and remembered back to this afternoon, watching Buffy doing her rah rah thing.

Buffy was an angel to Spike, the perfect girl, for him anyway. Problem was? She was dating his idiot cousin, Angel, and probably would end up marrying the ponce someday.

The thought of Buffy being married to that dickhead, Angel, upset Spike so much, that he tossed his half smoked cigarette out with a curse.

“She belongs with me,” Spike growled at the stars, angrily. “Even if I’m so far beneath her, Buffy should be mine,” he growled loudly to the empty night air.

“So go get her,” came Xander’s deep voice, from behind the De Soto. Xander must have crept up the Giles’ front lawn to find Spike moping about on the hood of his car.

“When the hell are you going to go sweep my little cousin off of her feet, man?” Xander chuckled as he hopped on the hood of the car, next to Spike. The dark haired teen lit his own cigarette and grinned down at his blond counterpart.

“Harris,” Spike growled a warning at his best friend, “let’s not go there, okay?”

“Why not?” Xander countered, “I’ve already told you that Buffy is not in love with Angel. So, what’s the problem? You move in on your cousin’s girl and save her from the dickhead, right? You’d be doing Buffy a favor, believe me,” Xander added with a frown.

“What’s that?” Spike asked, a little puzzled by Xander’s change in mood. “Why would me taking Buffy from Angel be doing ‘her’ a favor?”

Xander frowned again and took another, calming drag on his cigarette. He pondered something for a minute, then shrugged.

“If I tell you something, friend,” Xander began, hesitantly, “will you swear to God you won’t go ape and break something? Especially my neck?”

Spike sat up on the hood and reached in his pocket for a smoke, nodding at Xander as he did. “Won’t go nuts, won’t break anything, especially your neck, Harris,” Spike chuckled and smirked at Xander.

“Well,” Xander sighed, “I found out something, from my Anya, just tonight. That’s why I headed over here, to tell you. I don’t always come around for your great company, you know?” Xander grinned again, then shook his dark head slowly.

“It’s about your wonderful cousin, Angel,” Xander mumbled, “he’s been ‘unfaithful’ to Buffy. In fact, word is, that he’s always cheating on my cousin.” Xander frowned deeply and took another drag on his cigarette, allowing Spike to digest this bit of news.

“What!” Spike growled, somewhat like a lion, and leapt from the hood of the car. “Are you sure?” he asked Xander angrily.

“Yup,” Xander nodded, “my girl told me, tonight at work. She dropped by and it was the first thing out of her mouth. I told you, man,” Xander continued, “Buffy tells Anya everything. But, then again, so do some of the other rah rah chics. Seems that Angel’s been doing the horizontal bop with Cordelia Chase, when he’s not with Buffy, that is.”

“That fucking bastard!” Spike hissed, clenching and uncleanching his fists together. “How could he cheat on Buffy? With that Chase bitch!”

“What I don’t understand,” Xander scratched his dark head, “is why Cordelia would even tell Anya this? She knows how close my girl and Buffy are? Why?”

“To break Angel and Buffy up,” Spike whispered sadly in realization. “The bitch is going to try and break them up, as a couple that is. Jesus,” Spike spat, “to think that Angel would fuck up his relationship with Buffy, just for a piece of ass.”

“I know,” Xander nodded, his tone was not so cocky as before. “It’ll hurt Buffy, at least I think it might, maybe not though.”

“How’s that?” Spike asked, again confused.

“I told you, I’m not sure Buffy even likes your cousin, I know she doesn’t love him. If Angel and her were to break up? Might be the best thing for Buff, save her from the bastard.”

“Yeah,” Spike murmered, staring off at his front door. “It might be, huh?”

“And,” Xander continued, knowingly, “if there was a big bad young stud like you around? You know, to pick up the pieces of our Buffy’s broken heart? If her heart is even broken? Wouldn’t that just be fucking great?” Xander chuckled, heartily and jumped up from the hood of the car.

“Think about it,” Xander said, firmly. “I’m going home, why? I don’t know, but I am. Give some thought to going to that stupid ‘end of the summer party’ your Uncle Liam always throws. I know you hate your dick of an uncle, but it might be the way to get close to Buffy. She’ll be there, so will Anya and me. So, think about actually showing up this year, huh?”

“Yeah,” Spike whispered, now staring at the ground, “I’ll think about it, a lot.”

Spike shot his best friend, Xander, a sympathetic look. The blond teen knew what Xander’s home life was like and how much his friend hated going home, for any reason. It was probably just one of the reasons that Xander had become friends with Spike and that the two teen males spent so much time together. Xander’s father was a known drunk, his mother was well…gossiped about, a lot in Sunnydale.

All in all, Xander’s miserable home life helped Spike realize how truly lucky he was to have a dad like Rupert Giles, and a wonderful mum, like Jennifer. Poor bloke, Xander, probably said two words to his folks, or his younger brother, in a week. At least Spike’s parents talked to him, and each other, warmly.

“Take care, man,” Spike called to Xander’s retreating leather clad back. “And thanks, mate,” he said even louder.

“No problem, buddy,” Xander called back, without turning around.
Spike watched his friend leave, until the dark haired teen’s figure disappeared around the corner and out of his sight.



‘A week later’


“What are you going to wear to the party?” asked ten-year-old Dawn Corrigan-Summers as she watched her older stepsister prepare for the gala. The younger, dark haired girl was stretched out on Buffy’s pink covered bed, swinging her legs back and forth as she ‘helped’ her stepsister decide on her outfit.

“I don’t know,” Buffy sighed indifferently, staring into her huge closet, totally lost in thought. “I was thinking about the pink, sundress thingy, but…”

“Wear it! Wear it!” Dawn cried, gleefully. “You looked so pretty in it, Buff,” Dawn squealed in delight. “In the dressing room, the other day. Please wear that one, Buffy, please!”

Buffy grinned at her young step-sister, warmly. No matter how things had started, with her new family, Buffy had always harbored a soft spot for this little dark-haired, blue-eyed dynamo. The girl had been the only real bright spot in Buffy’s cloudy life since her own mother had died. What difference had it made if the girl was a step-sister, she was a sister, at least?

“Okay, Dawnie,” Buffy smiled affectionately at the antsy girl. “I’ll wear the pink party dress.”

“Yeah!” Dawn cried out again and leapt from the bed. “Wear your hair down, Buffy,” she ordered brightly, “down and around your shoulders. Angel will just go crazy over you!”

“Yeah,” Buffy whispered, “crazy over me. That’s what I want,” she sighed, sarcastically.

Dawn didn’t seem to notice Buffy’s sacrastic remark as the younger girl started pawing through Buffy’s shoes. “These,” Dawn thrust a pair of pink strappy sandals at Buffy. “These are the perfect match, Buff,” Dawn grinned, her face lit up like a Christmas tree.

“These,” Buffy chuckled, taking the shoes from Dawnie and sitting down on her bed. “For you, Dawn, I’ll wear these, okay?”

“Okay, Buff,” Dawnie clapped her hands together and plopped down, next to Buffy on the bed. “Can I ask you something, Buffy,” Dawn questioned, almost shyly.

“Sure,” Buffy answered, breathlessly as she bent to slip on the pink shoes.

“About Angel,” Dawn began, her little voice was almost bashful now, Buffy noticed. “Don’t you love him?”

Buffy stopped putting on shoes and glanced at Dawn. She was surprised to realize that the young girl had ‘noticed’ her own coolness towards Angel, after all.

“No, Dawnie,” Buffy sighed sadly, “I don’t.”

“Then why do you date him?” Dawn asked with all of her ten-year-old innocence.

“I don’t know sometimes, honey,” Buffy slumped her shoulders and stared at her feet. She saw that her pink toe nail polish matched her shoes, perfectly as well.

“I guess because Daddy likes him so much. Angel’s dad is our Dad’s business partner and…”

“That’s no reason to date some guy, Buff,” Dawnie shook her dark head, wisely. “If you don’t really like him, and don’t love him? Why bother?”

“You’re pretty smart for a ten-year-old goof ball, aren’t you Dawnie?” Buffy touseled the brunette’s hair, gently and rewarded the girl with an affectionate smile.

“Yeah, I am,” Dawn grinned back up at her idol. “So are you Buffy. I think you just need to cut Angel lose and find somebody you like better? Don’t you?”

Buffy gazed at her little ‘sister’ lovingly, “yeah, maybe you’re right, honey,” she sighed softly. “Who do you think I should ‘like’ better?” she asked the girl warmly.

“Xander’s friend,” Dawn responded, immediately, “the one he calls Spike. I think he’s dreamy, Buffy and I bet he really likes ‘you’ you know?”

“Dawn,” Buffy sighed again and took the girl’s hand in hers. “Dad would bust a gut if I started dating Spike Giles. You know that, right? Dad would have a heart attack if I broke up with Angel, but to date Spike? Oh, brother!”

“Who carers,” Dawnie giggled wickedly, “you should date who ‘you’ want Buffy Summers. And I bet, even if I’m only ten, that Spike is the one you should be with. I’ll even tell you this,” Dawn lowered her voice, conspiratorially, “I know a secret.”

“Secret?” Buffy asked with a raised brow.

“Uh, huh,” Dawnie giggled, wildly. “Spike Giles really likes you, honest.”

“Dawnie,” Buffy drawled, searching the young girl’s blue eyes for the truth. “You don’t know that and you shouldn’t be…”

“He does,” Dawnie nodded, vigorously. “Xander told me, honest. At the beginning of summer, Xander told me about how Spike’s all moony over you. Spike is just too noble to make a move on his cousin’s girl, and besides, I guess Mr. Spike Giles is a little afraid of you.”

“Afraid,” Buffy gasped in disbelief, “of me?” she asked, still a little stunned at Dawn’s words.

“Yeah,” Dawnie sighed. “Xander says that Spike thinks he’s not good enough for you, Buff.” The young girl sighed sadly, “I think he’s good enough for you, right Buffy?”

“Yes, Dawnie,” Buffy murmered, hugging her sister to her. “Spike Giles is certainly good enough for me.” The blond teen said nothing more, just sat and held her little sister to her, tightly.

‘He does like me,’ Buffy thought to herself, still a little stunned. ‘Spike Giles really does ‘like’ me after all,’ she mused, suddenly quite happy by this revelation.

“Dawnie,” Buffy suddenly piped up with a large grin. “I will wear my hair, down around my shoulders, that is. Mr. Spike Giles is going to be at the party, tonight. Xander told me, so…”


A/N: Well, what will happen at that party tonight? Will Buffy find out about Angel’s cheating and break up with him? Will Spike get up the nerve to make a move on Buffy? Who will go home with whom??? We, shall see, but here’s a hint. I said right off that Spuffy would happen quickly in this story!!!

Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 2: 'I Only Have Eyes For You by spufette
YOU NEVER CAN TELL



Chapter 2: ‘I Only Have Eyes For You’


A/N: Things are starting to ‘heat’ up with Spuffy, slowly, yes, but it’s happening! For those of you reading this fiction…have you noticed that I’m using a lot of song based titles for the fic and chapters?





Buffy was ready and waiting, in the front living room, for her ride. Xander, her cousin, and his girl, Anya, one of Buffy’s best friends were going to drive her to the ‘end of summer party’ at Angel’s.

Angel was tied up, at his house, with the last preparations for the party, and Xander had insisted that he and Anya escort Buffy to the gala. Buffy was just as happy to have her safe cousin pick her up and bring her home. It beat the heck out of having to ‘deter’ Angel from making the moves on her, after the party that is.

“In my day,” came Hank Summers’ deep voice, “a young man came to the door and escorted his date to the event.”

“Daddy,” Buffy sighed in exasperation as she walked over to where her father stood in the hallway. “Angel’s not picking me up. He’s too busy at his house. Xander and Anya will be driving me there, and home tonight.”

“Hmmm,” Hank Summers murmred with a scowl. He disapproved of Xander Harris, his late wife’s nephew. More then that? Hank Summers disapproved of Xander’s parents, especially the boy’s father, Lavelle Harris. Amy Harris, Elizabeth’s younger sister, was bad enough, but her husband? The man was little more then the town drunk, a loser and reprobate.

“I don’t like you cozying up to Xander, Buffy,” Hank frowned at his daughter. “He’s bad news. The leather clad group he hangs with? Nothing more then hoodlums and…”

“Xander is a good guy, Daddy,” Buffy sighed again. “Besides, my bestest friend, Anya, dates him. You know that ‘she’ comes from money and status. Anyway,” Buffy added with a little pout, “I think we could make an effort for poor Xander, can’t we Dad? He’s got it so bad at home and mom would have wanted us to kind of look out for him, right?”

“Maybe,” Hank grumbled lowly. “But I don’t like the fact that Xander Harris is sniffing around here, after you, honey,” he grimmaced. “I know he’s trying to be a good cousin, but he isn’t first class, after all. Not like Angel, anyway,” Hank finished with a snort.

“No,” Buffy murmered softly, “not like Angel, that’s for sure.”

A honk, from out in the street, heralded the coming of Buffy’s ride, in the form of Xander’s prized 1961 Bel Aire convertible. Buffy grinned at her cousin's timing and grabbed her sweater from the coat rack by the door.

“I’ll be home, just after midnight, Dad,” Buffy squealed in excitement as she glanced at the awaiting front door and outside. Just before she left, Buffy stopped and placed a sweet kiss on her father’s right cheek.

“I’ll be careful,” Buffy assured Hank Summers. “Promise,” she finished with a dazzling smile.

Hank Summers never could resist his daughter’s ‘sweet’ side and he accepted her kiss, happily. He loved his only ‘real’ child, desperately, even though he knew she doubted his love.

Buffy hurried out of the front door and headed straight for the powder blue and white, two-toned Bel Aire beauty that belonged to Xander. It wasn’t that Buffy really cared about the stupid party she was headed to, no. She just wanted to spend some time with her cousin, Xander, and his beloved girlfriend, Anya.

When Buffy spied the blond, leather clad Spike in the back seat of Xander’s car, she stopped, dead in her tracks. Her heart began to beat rapidly and she felt like she might pass out from the shock.

“Hope it’s okay that Spike goes with us, Buff,” Xander called out to his cousin. “Thought you wouldn’t mind, huh?”

“No, no, I don’t mind,” Buffy stammered nervously. And she didn’t really mind that is. But the sight of this Adonis of a male, Spike Giles, so close to her, so near? It kind of gave Buffy the heebie geebies.

“Hi Spike,” Buffy nodded, nervously, at the teen in Xander’s back seat.

Spike smiled up at Buffy, then suddenly bolted out of the car, over the side that is, and quickly opened the door for her. He, Spike, Buffy noticed, blushed profusely, as he held the door for her.

“You look gorgeous Buffy,” Anya giggled as she glared at Spike. Apparently, Buffy’s friend was trying to goad the blond into saying something about Buffy’s outfit.

“Yeah,” Spike whispered, a little awe struck, “you do look gorgeous.”

“Thanks,” Buffy whispered in response and settled into the back seat of Xander’s car. Spike climbed in, next to Buffy, kind of. Actually, he sat as close to the right side door as he could, looking straight ahead as Xander drove them to the party.

‘He never goes to this thing,’ Buffy assured herself. ‘He’s always saying how bloody stupid these things are and all. Why tonight?’ she asked herself.

‘She’s a bloody Goddess,’ Spike told himself. ‘Venus herself pales in comparison to Buffy Summers,’ he continued, all poetic like.

‘Slow up there, now mate,’ Spike ordered himself, ‘let’s not get all poncey and such. ‘Buffy doesn’t even know you exist. Never has and…’

“Spike,” Buffy murmered to her back seat companion, “I didn’t know you liked these kinds of parties. What changed your mind?”

‘She noticed,’ Spike realized, a little stunned. ‘Buffy noticed I haven’t gone to Angel’s stupid ‘tea parties’ before.’ The blond teen felt a renewed sense of hope by Buffy’s question.

“I, I don’t, normally,” Spike mumbled as he tried not to stare at Buffy’s legs. “I just wanted to go to one, see what I ‘wasn’t’ missing,” he finished on a sarcastic note.

“You haven’t missed much,” Buffy responded with a girlish giggle. “Just your Uncle Liam, making a fool of himself. Angel’s not much better, he…”

Buffy stopped, abruptly, and blushed bright red. “I’m sorry,” she whispered softly, “I shouldn’t have said that. About your Uncle and Angel I mean.”

Buffy felt like a real witch. She had just insulted Spike’s family, two of them at least, in one sentence. Yup, Buffy felt like a real bitch, to put it mildly.

“No worries,” Spike chuckled out of the corner of his mouth as he lit a smoke. “My Uncle Liam and my Cousin Angel are a couple of ponces.”

With a wicked grin, Buffy glanced outside of the open air car and took in the sights of Sunnydale. She never said another word, even as the group pulled up in front of Liam Crawford’s fine house.

The party was in full swing by the time the four young people arrived at Angel’s house. Decorations and people, young and older filled the front room and spilled out into the backyard, by the pool.

Angel’s backyard was nearly an acre in size and this always just floored Buffy. Even though her Dad, Hank, was Liam Crawfords business partner, an equal in every way, the Summers’ patriach refused to live in some mansion or estate. Therefore, the Summers’ home was much smaller and less grand then the Crawford Estate. It was merely a very nice, well kept two-story house, with a normal back yard, however, it did boast a large pool.

The Casa de Summers was upper crust, yes, but not so overwhelming as the Crawford home. Buffy did envy the lovely gazebo that the Crawfords and erected in the far end of their back property. It was a hidden, haven, quiet and tranquil. Even if Angel had succeeded in dragging Buffy out there, to be alone and hidden from the adults, on more then one occasion.

“Damn, Spike,” Angel called from the side of the living room, “I’m shocked you’re here! And in pants other then blue jeans for once!” Angel laughed loudly as he approached Buffy’s group and immediately took her in his arms.

“You look gorgeous, baby,” Angel purred into Buffy’s ear, loud enough for half of the room to hear. “Doesn’t she look good enough to eat, Spike?” Angel grinned at his cousin and winked.

“She looks amazing,” Spike mumbled, trying not to look his cousin in his stupid brown eyes. “Buffy always looks amazing,” he added with a sincere smile, albeit a little shy one, at her.

“Thank you Spike,” Buffy whispered and smiled back at the blond teen. “You look nice too, Spike,” she murmered, softly.

“What about me, babe,” Angel asked, frustrated that ‘his’ girl was complimenting ‘his’ cousin and not himself. In fact, come to think of it, Angel was a little confused by Spike’s appearance at this particular party in general. He’d never come before, something Angel really didn’t mind, but here he was, tonight, with no date of his own.

“No date, cousin,” Angel eyed the blond, suspiciously, then looked at his girl, Buffy. An ugly scowl graced the dark teen’s usually angelic face. Something like jealousy fired up in Angel’s dark eyes as he nodded at Xander and Anya, briefly.

“Let’s go get you something to eat, baby,” Angel grumbled, half-heartedly, “you’re too skinny anyway. Let’s get some food into you.”

With that half hinted insult to ‘his girl’ Angel steered Buffy away from her three companions and into the dining area. “Cordelia and Scott are already here, sweetheart,” Angel was heard to say, loudly as he swept Buffy to the other big room.

“Asshole,” Spike hissed as he watched Angel take off with Buffy.

“Dickhead,” Xander grumbled in response to Spike’s description of his cousin.

“Let’s eat,” Anya broke in quickly. “Come on,” she whined at Xander, and Spike. “Buffy’s in the dining room, with the food and probably that bitch Cordelia. If we go eat, we can watch that fool Angel and Cordelia try not to drool over each other in front of their dates. It’ll be a blast!”

“Anya,” Xander rasped as he gave his girl a frown. “Buffy being embarrassed or hurt by Angel is not fun!” The dark haired boy shook his head, but shrugged at Spike. “You know Anya,” Xander explained, “she’s a little ‘out’ there sometimes. Her sense of humor is how would you Brits say it? Oh yeah, bent.”

“It’s not like Buffy is going to fall apart if Angel and her break up, believe me,” Anya sighed. “I told you baby,” she glared at Xander, somewhat lovingly of course, “Buffy doesn’t even like Angel, at least I don’t think she does. I should know, she’s my best friend.” The brown-eyed blond shook her curly head and grimmaced, briefly.

“Besides, if Buffy found out about Angel and Cordy? Then it would give the poor girl and out with her Dad, Hank. That way,” Anya continued, matter-of-factly, “Buffy could break up with Angel and still not tick off Daddy. Hank Summers might be a real idiot when it comes to his daughter, but he does love her. If old man Summers found out that his sweet daughter’s so called boyfriend was cheating on her? Oh, man,” Anya chuckled loudly. “I’d love to see just how fast Mr. Summers would ‘make’ his Buffy break up with the moron. Hank Summers, old geezer that he is, could probably kick Angel’s a…”

“We get it, Anya,” Xander mumbled, a little embarrassed that someone might have overheard.

“She’s right, Spike,” Xander said as he motioned to his best friend, “let’s go get some food. The Crawford’s always lay out the best table and I’m starved. Besides, Buffy will be there, in the dinining room, probably being force fed by Caveman Crawford. Let’s go rescue the poor girl, huh?”

“Okay,” Spike replied with a frown.

‘I swear to God,’ Spike thought to himself, ‘I’ll get a dance with Buffy. A slow dance, first, before that ponce of a cousin of mine gets his hands on her.’ This made Spike feel a lot better, as he followed his friends into the dining area.

Buffy sat on the fancy dining room chair, placed there, no doubt just for her. She watched as Angel filled up her plate for her from the massive feast that was laid out on the dining table. Everyone in line just hung on every word Angel said, even if Buffy didn’t and it was kind of stomach turning. Especially the ease that Angel had in sucking up all the overbearing hero worship he was getting.

‘Oh Brother!’ Buffy thought to herself with exasperation. ‘Angel really buys into this hero worship stuff. I hate it!’

She tried to look away, concentrate on something else, that’s when she noticed that Spike, Xander and Anya had entered the dining area. The trio was staring at her, almost sympathetically. Buffy shrugged and rolled her eyes at the gang, delighted when Xander laughed loudly and Anya giggled. She noticed that Spike just gazed at her, almost longingly.

‘Golly,’ Buffy sighed silently, ‘Spike Giles has the bluest eyes. I can see the color of them, from here even and…’

“Where’s your mind, baby,” Angel’s deep voice broke into Buffy’s inner conversation. She snapped to attention and took the full plate her boyfriend offered her.

“Thanks,” she murmered, softly. Angel flopped down beside her and Buffy got the feeling that he was not going to stop staring at her, until she finished at least half of her plate.

“Mmmm, good,” Buffy mumbled as she ate the fancy salad that the Crawford cook had prepared. Even if her heart wasn’t in it, however, the truth was, Angel was right about this. Buffy did not eat enough, ever.

‘Why the heck can’t we just have hot dogs and cole slaw for Heaven’s sake,’ Buffy thought, a little put off by the fancy feast before her. ‘We’re mostly all teenagers for goodness sake! Why all the hoopla and show?’

“There’s our girl,” Liam Crawford gushed as he joined the couple and stood in front of them. Buffy glanced up, reluctantly and saw that Angel’s mother, Caroline was with him.

‘Oh dear God,’ Buffy groaned inwardly. ‘Now my evening is complete. Let me think,’ she thought, nervously, ‘oh Buffy…you look like a movie star. Like that Sandra Dee girl. Oh Buffy, I just can’t wait to help you pick out your wedding dress for marriage to my boy! Oh Buffy, we just looovvveee you…’

“Hello Mrs. Crawford, Mr. Crawford,” Buffy greeted the couple, warily. She had made sure to plaster a polite, respectful smile on her face as she tried to make conversation with the Angel’s folks.

“Buffy!” Caroline Crawford gushed, “you look just like a movie star tonight! Doesn’t she Liam?” The older woman hugged Buffy, tightly.

“Just like that little pixie of a girl, Sandy Dee,” Liam gushed, patting Buffy’s slim shoulder with his big meaty hand. “Can’t wait until the children marry up and start giving us grandchildren, eh, Carol? They’ll be gorgeous, our little grandpups!”

Angel smiled, benevolently, at Buffy, not noticing, apparently, that his girl friend looked as if she was going to be sick. Of course, Buffy noted, quietly, Angel never noticed things like that, did he? Especially Buffy’s reactions, or her feelings in general.

“Can we steal our handsome son from you, Buffy,” Liam winked at her with a secret smile. “Some business people I’d like the boy to meet, outside.”

Buffy nodded, eagerly and motioned for Angel to go with his parents to meet the so-called business people. Frankly, Buffy was just relieved that Liam and Caroline had not asked her to join them outside. She was sure she’d be bored to tears, listening to these ‘people’ gushing and falling all over themselves for the Crawford clan.

Spike watched as Angel left with his Aunt and Uncle. Xander punched him on his arm, non-too-gently, and pointed, openly at Buffy.

“Go get her, buddy,” Xander chuckled. “Oh, listen,” the dark haired teen stopped laughing and glanced towards the living room. “Is that a slow tune I hear? Did I notice some kids dancing, actually together, when we got here? Spike,” Xander hissed, “go dance with her.”

Spike nearly stumbled over to Buffy, relieved, estatic really, when she seemed ‘happy’ to see him.

“Hi Spike, having a good time?” She asked shyly, her pretty face pink with shyness.

“Not really, you?” he responded with a sly smirk.

“No,” Buffy shook her head sadly when she answered him.

“Wanna’ dance?” Spike blurted out, rather too loudly he realized.

‘Bloody idiot!’ Spike hissed to himself. ‘Real smooth, Spike, make a complete arse out of yourself before…’

“I’d love to,” Buffy whispered, sitting her half eaten plate of food down, on a nearby end table. “Thank you,” she murmered as Spike took her hand and led her into the living room.

“I love this song,” Buffy said in a breathy tone. “It’s dreamy!”

“It’s good,” Spike agreed, somewhat, quietly. He shyly took Buffy in his arms and respectfully placed his left hand on her tiny waist. His right hand rested on her slim, bare, silky shoulder.

‘It’s perfect, actually,’ Spike thought to himself with a secret smile. ‘Says exactly how I feel about my Buffy.’





‘I Only Have Eyes For You’

‘Are the stars out tonight?
I don’t know if it’s cloudy or bright
Cause I only have eyes
For you, dear’
“You do looking smashing, luv,” Spike whispered into Buffy’s warm little ear. The one nearest to his lips. He was nicely surprised when the little blond laid her head on his shoulder and purred a thank you to him.

“So do you, really, Spike,” Buffy whispered a muffled reply, into his shoulder.


‘The moon may be high
but I can’t see a thing in the sky
Cause I only have eyes,
For you, dear’


“Buffy,” Spike murmered, pulling her little body closer to him. “I want to, I mean,” he stammered, embarrassed by his lack of a real smooth line to say to his dream girl. Now, especially, since he had her in his arms.

Buffy pulled her head back and looked, deeply, into Spike’s indigo blue eyes. She saw the real emotion in them, truly saw it, for the first time in a long time. Spike’s eyes were open, honest and his feelings were as real as the sound of laughter from the other guests about them.

“Spike?” Buffy tilted her head to one side and just continued to gaze into his eyes.

“What is it?” she asked, a little breathless, for some reason. Almost as if she anticipated some sort of life altering event to take place at any moment.

“This song,” Spike finally mumbled, “it’s true. I mean, it’s how I feel about you, Buffy,” he blushed, embarrassed, but held her green-eyed gaze with his.

“Really?” Buffy asked, a little stunned, but smiling softly.

“Really,” Spike swallowed hard and returned her sweet smile. He had to fight the urge to just lean in and kiss this girl on her pink, lush lips.

Buffy’s smile turned into a huge grin and returned her head to Spike’s strong shoulder. “Thank you, Spike,” she murmered, her cheek resting on the leather of his jacket.


‘I don’t know if we’re in a garden
Or on a crowded avenue…

You are here, so am I
Maybe millions of people go by
But they all disappear from view
And I only have eyes,
For you’



A/N: I was going to continue this ‘party chapter’ but decided to splice it in half and go into the next chapter with it. A lot is going to happen in the next chapter, promise. I’ll give you a heads up. Buffy is going to learn of Angel’s deceit, in a real eye-opening way. Spike is going to ‘come’ to the rescue and it will definitely be the beginning of Spuffy. I promise.

Thank you so much for reading this fiction. Please review…luv, Spuf







Chapter 3: 'When I Fall In Love' by spufette
YOU NEVER CAN TELL


Chapter 3: ‘When I Fall In Love’


A/N: Because I simply cannot take any angst for a while, in fiction or in real life, I’m going to write and submit this chapter. It is the end of B/A and the start of Spuffy. Believe me, I need this as much as anyone!


They were slow dancing, Spike and Buffy were, to one of the greatest love songs in the world, to date that is. It was nearly over, the song, and Spike was fighting the temptation to just say ‘fuck it all’ and kiss Buffy. Some kind of kiss, anyway, even a chaste one?

Buffy was in a dream world where everything was okay, safe and warm. She was loved in this dream world, truly loved, by Spike Giles, at least. Too bad it was just kind of a ‘dream’ when ‘I Only Have Eyes For You’ ended and another slow song began to play.

“I believe this is ‘our’ song, and ‘our’ dance, Buff,” Angel broke into the magic moment between Spike and Buffy.

“Trying to move in on my girl, Spike?” Angel chuckled, tensely.

Both Spike and Buffy heard the barely disguised jealousy and anger in Angel’s tone. Buffy pulled away from Spike, abruptly and allowed Angel to take her by the hand. As Angel led her over to the corner of the makeshift dance floor, Buffy glanced, longingly, at Spike.

The blond teen stood where Buffy had left him, in the middle of a throng of dancing couples. Spike gazed at Buffy with sad, eyes, his stance was one of defeat.

“This is our song, right babe?” Angel whispered in Buffy’s ear as he pulled her into his strong embrace.

The dark, tall teen male held onto Buffy, possessively and began to sway to the strains of ‘Angel Baby’ that echoed through the living room.


(Words to Angel Baby will be in apostrophes)


‘Angel Baby’


‘It’s just like Heaven,
Being with you,
You’re like an Angel
Too good to be true…’


“You know, Buff,” Angel grumbled roughly, “you’ve spent more time with my loser cousin tonight then with me. It kind of looks bad, honey. Spike’s a lost cause and…”

“Why do you treat your cousin, Spike, like a dog, Angel?” Buffy hissed lowly, making sure other people couldn’t hear them.

“I don’t,” Angel glared at Buffy defensively, then changed his expression to a pout. “It’s just that you don’t really know my cousin, Spike. For instance,” Angel continued with a smug smile, “do you even know the real reason his family, Uncle Rupert and Aunt Jenny had to move here, from England?”


‘But after all,
I love you,
I do
Angel Baby,
My Angel Baby.’



Buffy shook her head, a little worried at what Angel might tell her. Frankly, she was already getting a little sick of this particular song.

“Old Spike got himself into some real trouble, at home, in London. Dad says that Spike almost ruined the family name, started running with a bad crowd. Even though he was only fifteen at the time? I guess he got into trouble with the law over there. Uncle Rupert dragged my Dad’s sister, Aunt Jenny over here to straighten Spike out. Get him away from ‘that’ bad element over in London.”

Angel snorted in disgust at the thought of Spike. Her ‘Angel’s’ snobby tone and ugly expression made Buffy ill to her tummy. Gave her an instant headache.

“He was only what? Fifteen at the time,” Buffy asked with wide-eyed innocence. “How much trouble could it have been?” She knew, deep down, that she was naïve, but the smug tone of Angel? His sense of disgust when talking about Spike? It was beginning to tick Buffy off, a lot.

“Oh get off it, Buffy,” Angel growled in frustration, ignoring the odd looks of the couples nearest them. “Spike’s the ‘black sheep’ of our whole family and why Aunt Jenny puts up with the lot of them? I’ve no idea. My Aunt certainly wasn’t raised to cow tow to a simple librarian, like Rupert, or their no good son.”

“Maybe because your Aunt Jenny loves her son and husband, unconditionally, Angel? Kind of a novel idea, huh?” Buffy quipped, sarcastically at her so called boyfriend. “Besides,” Buffy frowned at her guy, “Rupert and Jennifer Giles are one of the most respected couples in Sunnydale. They’re good people, you out of anyone should realize that.”


‘When you are near me,
My heart skips a beat,
I can hardly stand on,
My own two feet,
Because I love you,
I love you,
I doooo…
Angel Baby.’


“Buffy I’m beginning to get a real weird feeling here, and I don’t like it, one bit,” Angel scowled down at the little blond in his arms. “You’re defending people that really are not worthy of you, or your time.” Buffy noticed that Angel had that superior expression on his somewhat handsome face.

“You show up, here at ‘my’ party, with Xander Harris and…” Buffy cut Angel off at the pass…

“Xander ‘is’ my cousin, you remember that, right Angel?” Buffy hissed a little too loudly. “I suppose ‘he’s’not good enough for me to hang out with either?”

“Well,” Angel stammered, “now that you mention it? No. He’s not good enough to be seen with you, family or not. I know for a fact your own father disrespects Harris’s family and makes no secret of it. Just because a once classy girl like Anya Jenkins was taken in by Xander and his stupid sense of humor, that’s no reason why you should lower yourself to their level.”


Buffy stopped swaying to the music, stopped giving any pretense at all that she was content with this dance, this song or this ‘man’ that held her.

“You really ‘are’ an incredible snob Angel Crawford,” Buffy spat as she pulled away from her boyfriend. “I shouldn’t be surprised,” she continued, her green eyes filled with indignation, “you always have been a pompous ass, haven’t you?”

With a flip of her long, golden hair, Buffy turned and stormed off the dance floor and as far away from her ‘Angel’ as possible.

“Buffy,” Angel called out to Buffy over the last strains of ‘their’ song:


‘Because I love you,
I love you,
I dooo…
Angel Baby,
My Angel Baby,
A……ngel Baby’


Buffy Summers made it to the second floor bathroom of the Crawford house in record time. She had to get away from Angel, everyone, at the moment and calm down.

Unfortunately, when she got to the ladies room, Buffy found a line of three females in front of her,waiting at the closed door.

“Hey, Buffy,” Cordelia Chase purred from the front of the little line. “What’s going on?”

Buffy gave Cordelia a ‘safe’ smile and just shrugged at the taller, dark haired girl and fellow cheerleader. For some reason, Buffy had never felt particularly close to Cordelia Chase, even though the the rich, sophisticated brunette teenager had tried to be a friend to her. Or so it would seem.

“Nothing,” Buffy smiled, weakly and focused on her pink toe nails as she nervously waited to get into the rather lush bathroom. If nothing else, Buffy could rinse her face and ‘think’ for a bit.

Cordelia left the front of the line and joined Buffy at the end of it. “I don’t know who’s in there,” Cordy chuckled, “but I’ll bet it’s a girl and guy,” the dark haired girl winked at Buffy, wickedly.

“Maybe,” Buffy mumbled softly, hoping against hope that the ‘couple’ would come out soon and allow the others to use the facilities.

“Why so nervous?” Cordelia asked, a secret smile on her pretty mouth.

“Not nervous,” Buffy countered, “okay,” she relented, “not nervous, just a little upset, that’s all.”

“You and Angel have a spat?” Cordy asked with a ‘concerned’ look in her dark eyes.

“Yes,” Buffy blurted out, why she didn’t know. If Buffy confided in anyone, it was Anya or her other best friend, Willow Rosenberg.

“Guys are such idiots,” Cordelia sighed in mock frustration. “All’s they want is ‘one’ thing and if you don’t give it? They move on to the next girl that will…”

“Cordy,” Buffy gasped with a blush. “We shouldn’t be talking like this. It doesn’t sound right and someone might hear.” She glanced, anxiously, at the two, unfamiliar females in front of them.

“It’s true,” Cordy shrugged, indifferently, “of course,” she whispered, “I let Scott go to third base so…”

“Cordy!” Buffy gasped again, “Please!”

Suddenly, the bathroom door opened and Sandy Wilkens, along with Riley Finn scurried out of the room. Riley looked like the cat that ate the canary, while Sandy was bright red and the top of her dress looked a bit mussed and out of place.

‘Oh, good grief,’ Buffy groaned silently. ‘The least they could have done is be more private. Less obvious.’

“Go on ahead of me,” Cordy motioned to her place in line. “I’m just here to fix my lipstick. You gals need more time in the ladies room then me,” she continued, smugly as she glanced at the two girls in front of them.

“You need to set some ground rules with your guy,” Cordelia returned her attention to Buffy and scrunched her perfectly plucked dark brows together. “Make him tow the line, Buff,” she added quickly.

“What I need,” Buffy interjected, “is to go out to the gazebo and have some alone time, to think.”

“Do it,” Cordelia encouraged Buffy, with a sly smile. “If it’s what works for you, go ahead. I’m sure you won’t be missed,” she added with another smug grin.

“I’m sure,” Buffy sighed sadly. “I have to use the ladies room first, but then? I’m going to the gazebo, to be alone and sort things out.”

“Good girl,” Cordy patted Buffy’s arm. “I’ll see you later,” the brunette called back, over her shoulder as she headed back downstairs.


Buffy finally got into the bathroom and rinsed her face, quickly. She then reapplied her spartan make-up and spread the pink lip gloss on her lips.

‘Better,’ Buffy thought with a big smile as she surveyed herself in the huge, gold gilded mirror. ‘Now,’ she continued her inner thoughts, ‘out to the Gazebo and some alone time. To think.’

When Buffy exited the bathroom, she hurried down the long staircase and headed, immediately, out of the back door of the Crawford house. Destination: Private, hidden, safe, Gazebo.

In her hurry to escape the crowd of the party, Buffy didn’t notice that she was being watched by a certain blond, leather clad teen. Nor did she see him when Spike followed, from a conservative distance, behind her.

Once Buffy got away from the party’s noise, she scurried to the far end of the Crawford back yard, eager to relax in the Gazebo, by herself. However, the closer she got to her destination, the louder the voices were, signalling that the Gazebo was already taken.

“Darn it,” Buffy sighed as she stopped in her tracks and listened, making sure she was right. “Yup,” she groaned in disappointment, “somebody’s already there. Wait a minute,” Buffy stopped and listened, carefully, “that’s Angel’s voice.”

Unable to resist her curiosity, Buffy snuck up to the high hedges that surrounded the hidden Gazebo. She pushed aside some roses and leaves to peak inside of the conclave that held the Gazebo. She was rewarded with seeing her so called boyfriend, Angel and Cordy Chase snuggling together in the Gazebo and doing much, much more then that!

Angel had his arms around Cordelia’s back, his chest pushed up against her semi-bare breasts. When he wasn’t kissing Cordelia’s mouth, he sounded like he was begging the girl to let him touch her bra covered chest.

Buffy stilled her breathing, and her rapidly beating heart and listened in, carefully to the conversation.

“It’s not like I haven’t ‘touched’ those babies before, Cordy,” Angel chuckled, as he brought his big hands around her chest and tried to pull at the white lace bra.

“No,” Cordy, laughed, smugly, “but I’m not sure we should be doing ‘this’ out here. Someone could come along…”

“Nah,” Angel mumbled as he succeeded in unclasping Cordy’s bra and pulling the straps off of her shoulders. “No one comes out here, baby, just the gardener sometimes. He’s not here so…”

“But I am,” Buffy called out, loudly, and hurried around the hedges to step into the Gazebo clearing.

“Buffy!” Angel gasped as he leapt up from the bench and nearly fell forward, over his own feet.

Buffy fought the urge to laugh, for some reason, especially since Angel was not only pale faced, but holding Cordelia’s white lace bra in his big, stupid right hand.

“That would be me,” Buffy said evenly as she crossed her arms over her chest. “You know,” the blond girl actually chuckled slightly, “I think maybe this is one of those times that no one should say too much.”

“Buffy,” Angel whined, a lot less loudly this time, “I didn’t know…”

“Didn’t know what Angel?” Buffy asked, evenly, “that I’d actually come out here and catch you two together? I won’t even ask how long this has been going on, but…” She took a deep, deep breath and continued, “I will say this. I’m going home now, well, as soon as I can call my Dad and have him come get me. In the mean time? Tomorrow, I’ll have Xander, my less then worthy cousin as you called him, bring your football jacket back to you. Along with your class ring and all the rest of the worthless junk you’ve given me for the last two years.”

Cordelia sat, wide-eyed, but with a victorious grin on her pretty mouth and smirked at Buffy from behind Angel’s back. Apparently, the Chase girl thought ‘she’ had somehow won something.

“Don’t look so smug, Cordy,” Buffy chuckled as she shot her own smug glares at the dark haired girl. “I’m sure this break up would have happened sooner or later, with or without you. So don’t get all ‘uppity’ and all with me. Contrary to popular belief? A snobby bitch isn’t attractive what-so-ever, so don’t get too pompous. Then again, maybe that’s ‘your’ best look after all. The two of you can be pompous asses together, it fits you both.”

Buffy turned to walk away, but couldn’t help shouting back one last retort. “Oh, and by-the-way, good luck to the both of you, you certainly deserve each other.”

By the time Buffy had gone twenty feet, away from the disgusting scene at the Gazebo, she ran right into a strong, male body. She had been so pre-occupied, she never saw the body in her pathway.

“Watch where you’re going, you…” Buffy hissed, then looked up to see Spike staring down at her, a concerned look on is face.

“You okay, luv?” Spike asked, tenderly as he brushed a lock of hair behind Buffy’s right ear. Spike looked a bit embarrassed at being caught following Buffy. Which was obvious by this time.

“I’m okay, Spike,” Buffy murmered softly, trying to step past the blond teen male. “I need to go into the house, call my Dad to come get me. The party’s over for me tonight, Spike,” she whispered. “Angel,” Buffy hesitated at her ex’s name, “he hurt me. Not physically,” she added, quickly, when she saw the anger in Spike’s blue eyes.

“Wait,” Spike called to her, “I’ll go get Xander and Anya. It was the three of us, brought you here, we’ll take you home, pet. Okay?”

Buffy stopped in her tracks and waited until Spike caught up with her. She nodded, silently, and did not flinch when Spike took her arm to steer her back inside the Crawford house.

Spike and Buffy found Xander and Anya, with about 30 or so girls and boys, in a ‘Stroll’ line in the living room. The two-sided line of dancers, seperated by gender, were slide dancing to that new song, by the Ronettes.

“Oh, Spike,” Buffy hissed, “don’t bother them,” she motioned to Xander and his girlfriend, Anya. “They’re about to ‘couple’ up and dance down the middle of the lines, body to body. They’re having so much fun,” Buffy whimpered, holding fast to Spike’s strong left arm. “Don’t ruin it for them, please.”

“Let’s wait then,” Spike nodded, wisely, “the song’s almost done. When it’s over? I’ll tell Xander that we need to go. No back talk on this, Buffy,” Spike scowled down at his little companion. “We brought you, we’ll take you home.”

When the song ended, Xander hurried up to Spike and Buffy, a concerned look in his dark eyes. Anya was chatting with Willow and her date, Daniel Osbourne.

“What’s up?” Xander asked, a little anxious when he looked at his cousin’s pensive expression.

“Angel’s been an arse and Buffy wants to go home,” Spike responded simply. “Let’s go,” the blond teen ordered.

“Right,” Xander nodded with understanding. “I’ll go get Anya, be right back.”

“I hate to make you guys leave,” Buffy whined softly, “you’re having such a good time and…”

Xander halted in his steps and turned to look at Buffy, an odd, half-smile on his handsome mouth.

“You know what, Buff?” Xander began with a slight chuckle, “you’re right. Me and Anya? We’re having a great time. So,” the dark haired teen continued with a wink at Spike, “that’s why I’m going to have old Spike here borrow my car, drive you home. What do you say?”

“Oh, Xander,” Buffy stammered, “that’s not necessary. I’ll call Dad and have him come get me. I don’t want any of you to miss out on the fun and…”

“I’m not having fun, luv,” Spike interjected quickly. He tried not to grin too widely at his best friend, over his offer to get Buffy all alone to himself.

“I’ll drop Buffy off, at her Dad’s,” Spike talked to Xander, solely. “Take your car home, to your place and walk home to mine.”

Spike and Xander lived pretty close together so Spike dropping off the car would be no problem.

“No,” Buffy blurted out, quickly, “that wouldn’t be right. I don’t want you to be put out, Spike. Xander?” Buffy pleaded with her cousin.

“It’s fine, Buff,” Xander smiled widely at his little blond cousin. “Anya wants to stay, I’m sure. We’ll get a ride home with Willow and Daniel. No problem, honest.” Xander gave Buffy, his cousin, the look of a Saint and then winked again at Spike.

“Take good care of my cousin and my car,” Xander ordered his best friend, Spike, as he tossed him the keys to his Bel Aire. Spike caught the keys, in his left hand, with ease and grinned at Xander. “No problem,” the blond male teen responded, gleefully.

“We’ll see you guys later,” Xander chuckled again and turned to join his lovely girlfriend in another dance.


“Ready?” Spike asked Buffy with a charming smile.

“I guess,” Buffy whispered as she allowed Spike to take her arm and escort her out of the Crawford house.

It didn’t take long to find Xander’s car and for Spike to escort Buffy into it. After making sure Buffy was safely enscounced in the front seat, Spike got into the driver’s seat and started up the Bel Aire.

The couple drove, for a few miles in silence, then Spike finally broke the quiet.

“What did ‘he’ do?” Spike quietly, his blue eyes on the road ahead of him.

“Nothing that I wouldn’t expect, eventually,” Buffy sighed in response.

Spike stopped at the next red light, looked over at his passenger, then took off, quickly, when the light turned green. Instead of heading right to Buffy’s house, Spike turned off on Main Street and headed towards Willie’s Famous Burgers.

“You didn’t eat enough to keep a bird alive, sweet,” Spike stated, rather then asked. “We’re going to stop, have a bite and then I’ll take you home, okay?”

“Okay,” Buffy whispered in reply. She closed her mouth so tightly, that Spike wandered if she’d open it, ever again.

“Come on,” Spike ordered gently as he grasped Buffy by her slim arm and led her into the soda shop.

“Two burgers, fries and two chocolate malts,” Spike ordered with authority. When the food was ready, the blond male led Buffy out and back to the car.

“We’re going to Sunnydale Public Park to eat this,” Spike stated, again with his take charge tone. “No arguments, Buffy,” he added firmly.

“No arguments,” Buffy repeated softly. She couldn’t have argued, at this point, if she wanted to.

Spike pulled the Bel Aire up to the most secluded section of the park and turned off the ignition key. He took the food out of the bags and handed Buffy her portion of the meal.

“I didn’t eat a thing,” Spike explained to Buffy, “at the party I mean. Too much fancy food for me.”

“Me too,” Buffy giggled softly as she tore into her burger with gusto. “Too fancy, that pretty much describes your cousin and ‘his’ family, huh Spike?” She blushed and took a sip of her malted.

“Fraid so, pet,” Spike chuckled as he mimiced his ‘date’ and sipped his malt with glee. “I love chocolate,” Spike mumbled.

“Me too,” Buffy replied softly.

They ate, and drank in comfortable silence for a few moments, then Spike asked again.

“What did Peaches do?” Spike asked, with a blush. Of course, he had a real good idea of what his stupid oaf of a cousin had done to Buffy, but he needed to hear all of it. Record it, mentally, so that things could be put right between Buffy and himself.

“Peaches?” Buffy gasped, wide-eyed. “You call Angel, Peaches?” she began to laugh, almost hysterically at the thought of this particular nickname.

“Yeah,” Spike mumbled, a little embarrassed again. “For some reason, I’ve called Angel that for years. Can’t say why, just always sounded good for him.”


The couple laughed together, happily, then Buffy grew somber and serious. She sat her malt down, on Xander’s dashboard and nearly shivered in the cool night air. This was a Bel Aire convertible, and even if this was California? Sunnydale was near the ocean, especially Sunnydale Public Park. Even for August? It was a bit damp and cool in the night air.

“Angel and Cordelia,” Buffy sighed, a little sadly, “I caught them together in the Gazebo. They were past smooching, heck, they were past second base and rounding third.”

Spike actually felt himself blush, but more for Buffy having to tell him this, then the embarrassment of the situation.

“Buffy…” Spike began, carefully, “if Angel is such a bloody fool, then it’s not your fault. Cordelia Chase has a reputation, in Sunnydale, I mean. She’s not exactly chaste, you know what I mean?”

“I know,” Buffy nodded, her voice was low and soft. “You guys, you think you’re the only ones that talk or gossip about girls that ‘put out’? Girls are pretty up on that sort of thing, Spike We talk all the time, about who ‘does’ and who ‘doesn’t, you know?” Buffy finished with a bright red blush on her face and neck.

“I guess,” Spike wriggled around in the front seat, most uncomfortable with this path of conversation. Somewhat shocked that Buffy was talking in such a bold manner.

“Come on, Spike,” Buffy giggled, a delightful sound to Spike’s ears. “I’ve seen you with some real pretty girls, ones that do and don’t. If you know what I mean that is,” she added with a kind of sad sigh.

“They’re nothing to me, Buffy,” Spike responded quickly, “just pretty girls. To show off and brag about. Girls that would go out with any bloke, sleep with any bloke, no one special, just girls, okay? Not that it’s a good thing, or even right, but just show pieces. Until the right girl comes along and…”

“The right girl?” Buffy asked, her right brow raised in question. “What’s that supposed to mean?” she asked quietly, averting her emerald green eyes from his indigo blue ones.

“It means,” Spike sighed slowly, staring out at the empty park in front of them, “that I promised myself, a long time ago, something important. I’m not going to deter from that, ever,” he added with conviction.

“What would that something be?” Buffy asked with a soft smile as she scooted closer to Spike and motioned for him to really look at her.

“I promised myself, years ago,” Spike continued shyly, “that ‘when I fall in love,” he began to mumble a bit here.

“Can’t hear you,” Buffy said softly, leaning into the blond male teen, so close to her. Buffy could hear Spike’s soft, breathy pants as he tried to remain calm and collected.

“It means,” Spike said a little louder, “that I promised myself years ago that when I find my special girl, ‘when I fall in love’ in real love, that it ‘would’ be forever. That when I gave my heart, that the girl I fall in love with would be a girl that would only love and want me. Forever,” Spike finished in a whisper. He gazed into Buffy’s green eyes, tenderly, and did not look away.

“And,” Buffy whispered, her voice was breathy and soft, nearly a whisper, “do you think you’ll ever find this special girl?” She tried not to lean in, any further. ‘Too forward, Buffy,’ she admonished herself.

“I,” Spike murmered, then stopped. “I think,” he began again, then halted, again. “Buffy,” Spike moaned as he leaned into her, took her in his arms, not too gently. “I think, no,” he shook his head quickly, “I know that I ‘have’ found my special girl.”

Buffy gazed into Spike’s honest blue eyes and knew that it was her, Buffy Anne Summers, that Spike had found.


When Spike leaned in, even further, to kiss Buffy, he was pleasantly surprised to find that his blond angel did not pull away.

Instead, she kissed him back with all of the new found passion and joy that a young woman could feel for this new feeling within her. Because deep within Buffy Summers, a memory of a promise she had made herself, long ago, emerged.

Long ago, Buffy Summers had promised herself that when she fell in love, when she gave her heart? It would be forever, and only then? Only then would Buffy Summers give her heart, her body and her soul to that man that she truly loved.


(Song ‘When I Fall In Love’ is in apostrophes/by Nat King Cole)


‘When I give my heart,
it will be completely,
Or I’ll never give my heart.
And the moment I can feel that
You feel that way too…
Is when I fall in love
With you.’








A/N: We’re going to bring the curtain down, gently, on this Spuffy moment. Much like the end of ‘Once More With Feeling’ except better. At least in this fiction, be assured that this is only the beginning for our Spuffy couple!

Oh, I hope you like these musical titles…I thought about naming this chapter ‘Angel Baby’ but then went, yuuuuckkkk!

Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 4: 'He's A Rebel' by spufette
YOU NEVER CAN TELL


Chapter 4: ‘He’s A Rebel’


A/N: Thank you to all readers and reviewers for this fiction. I cannot respond personally, as my computer won’t let me.

This fiction probably seems a bit fluffy at this point, but I assure you, it will get angstsy, soon. Just not in the way you might think. Anyway, thank you for reading this…Luv Spuf


After kissing, passionately, for who knew how long? Buffy pulled away from Spike, rather reluctantly.

“What?” he mumbled with a stunned, disappointed look on his face.

“I,” Buffy began with a bright red blush. “I shouldn’t be doing this,” she finished, averting her eyes from his. “It’s too soon,” she mumbled, under her breath.

“Too soon?” Spike asked, his voice a whimper of lost contact, “why?”

“Oh, Spike,” Buffy sighed deeply as she finally met his gaze again, “if we ‘go too far’ tonight? Then don’t you think that you might kind of wonder why? I mean,” she stammered, nervously, “if we let this get out of hand, you’ll wonder if I just did all this to get back at Angel. And I would hate that, Spike, really,” Buffy finished in a raspy whisper.

“Because?” Spike asked with a raised brow and a soft smile, “why would you ‘hate’ it if I thought you were just using me, Buffy?” He finished by tucking a stray strand of blond hair behind her ear.

“Because I really like you, Spike,” Buffy murmered, all flushed and embarrassed again. “I do, always have. Just like you like me, right?"” She glanced into his blue eyes, a little timidly, afraid she had misread his signals?

“Right,” Spike chuckled, clasping her petite body closer to his own. “I like you a lot, Buffy,” he responded by kissing her forehead, tenderly. “More then that, really, but for now, I’ll leave it at ‘like’ and all.” He had no intention of running his Buffy off by proclaiming the depths of his feelings to her. They’d take it slow, he’d let her feelings for him build, naturally.

“Okay,” Buffy smiled and nuzzled Spike’s neck with her lips. She was rewarded by another kiss to her forehead from Spike and the feel of both his warm hands, making soft, whispery circles on the back of her party dress.

After a few moments of comfortable silence, in which Spike and Buffy just held each other, tightly, he broached the inevitable subject.

“Would you go out with me Buffy, sometime, I mean?” Spike hated the way his voice sounded, all whimpy and sappy.

‘God,’ he groaned, inwardly, ‘I’m such a poncey, stupid bloody…’

“Well, of course, silly,” Buffy giggled in reply, her face a lovely shade of pink blush. “When?” she asked with another giggle.

“Now!” Spike blurted out, too quickly. “I, mean,” he took a deep breath and slowed down his words, “I mean, how about tomorrow? If you’re not busy and…”

“Well,” Buffy frowned, briefly, “I suppose I’m not busy, now, that is. Since I broke up with my so called boyfriend just a couple of hours ago?” She broke into a huge grin and poked at Spike’s ribs with her right index finger. “Remember?” she giggled again.

“Yeah,” Spike replied, sheepishly, “I’m sorry Buffy. Sorry my idiot of a cousin is such a bloody fool. Sorry he hurt you so much. The arse,” he finished with an exasperated sigh.

“Don’t be,” Buffy shook her head and sighed herself, “it’s my ego that’s a little dented, nothing else. I have a really bad confession to make, Spike,” Buffy admitted, hesitantly, “I never really truly loved Angel, but I never told him I did, either,” she added quickly.

“In fact,” Buffy scowled, thoughtfully, “I don’t think I even like Angel very much.”

Spike broke out into loud, raucous laughter, which caused Buffy to join him and giggle nearly as loud.

“I’m awful, huh?” Buffy finally calmed down and asked her ‘date’ honestly.

“Not ever, luv,” Spike replied, still chuckling a bit, “Angel’s a ponce and way too big on himself. Not anything real likeable there, so why would that make ‘you’ awful?”

He pulled Buffy back into his embrace and nuzzled her warm, golden head with his mouth. ‘She smells like lavendar, and vanilla,’ he sighed silently, in pleasure.

“So,” he spoke in a muffled voice, “how about it? You and me, a real date, tomorrow night?”

“I’d like that,” Buffy whispered, “I’d love to,” she finished, firmly.

“I’ll have to ask my folks,” she frowned, thinking of her Dad’s reaction to Spike Giles showing up at his door. To take out his daughter that is.

‘I can handle Daddy,’ Buffy assured herself, with confidence. ‘I want to go out with Spike, so I will,’ she thought stubbornly.

“I’ll call, you, in the morning and settle it, then,” Spike grinned down at this little gem in his arms.


When Buffy and Spike got to the Summers’ house, he insisted on walking her to the front door. She gleefully accepted and they walked, hand in hand up the long walkway to the white oak entryway of her home.

They talked, quietly, for a moment, then he leaned in and kissed her luscious, pink lips, chastely.

“I’ll talk to you, in the morning, pet,” he murmered softly as she let herself into her house. “Sweet dreams, sweet,” he added.

“Sweet dreams, Spike,” Buffy replied, just as softly. “And thank you, for tonight,” she winked at him, then blew him a kiss with her tiny right hand.

Buffy ran right into her father, Hank Summers and his wife, Joyce, sitting in the darkened living room, on the couch. Their presence startled her, completely, and she almost dropped her open pink purse on the floor.

“Dad, Joyce,” Buffy mumbled, embarrassed, momentarily, “why the cover of darkness?” She glanced about the room, unsure if even Dawnie might not be present.

“Why did you leave Angel’s party so soon, young lady? And with that Spike Giles, of all people?” Hank Summers growled in his lecturing voice.

“What? Did Angel call you and whine, Daddy?” Buffy hissed, suddenly quite defensive.

Joyce shot Buffy a sympathetic look, and the young blond teen realized she just might have a real ally in her stepmother. This gave Buffy a real novel idea…tell her Dad the complete, absolute truth. Don’t hedge on anything that had happened at the party and enlighten the man on just what kind of a boyfriend Angel really was.

“Before we go into 20 questions, Dad,” Buffy said, evenly, “I think you better hear my side of the story. I’m pretty sure if it was Angel that called you, then he certainly didn’t give you all the gory details.”

“Go ahead, honey,” Joyce interjected before her husband could say another word. “Your Dad and I, we want to hear you first, okay?” The older woman turned and looked at Hank, who was sitting with his mouth open in awe. “Okay, Hank?” Joyce asked firmly, giving Hank a ‘you better say yes’ look.

“Go ahead, Buffy,” Hank sighed, frustrated at being usurped by the two formidable females.

“Daddy,” Buffy began softly, still standing in front of the older couple. “I’ve never loved Angel Crawford, I want you to know that. So before I tell you what ‘he’ did to bring all this about tonight? Just know that Angel Crawford is a pompous, arrogant idiot that probably just dated me to ‘look’ good to his Dad. Much like I did him, for your sake.”

“Now Buffy,” Hank began quietly, “I do think Angel is the right material for you, as a boyfriend and husband, but if you…”

“No, Daddy,” Buffy shook her head, “I want you to understand, finally. Simply put? I’m pretty sure that both Angel and I dated each other to please you and his dad. Anyway, Angel is ‘not’ good boyfriend and husband material, not for me, that is. I’m not sure he’ll be a good enough for any nice girl, really. He’s a cheater, a liar and pretty cruel at times, so who knows what kind of man he’ll become when he finally grows up?”

“Buffy,” Joyce interrupted, briefly, her voice gentle, , “what did Angel do?”

“I caught him, with Cordelia Chase, in the gazebo. They were passing second and rounding third, Daddy,” Buffy stated, firmly, noting her Father’s shocked expression.

“What’s second and third, Buffy,” Hank nearly hissed the question, apparently understanding some aspect of the terms. The bright red of his face proved that.

Buffy had to stifle a chuckle, “well ‘the bases’ Dad. Second is groping certain female parts and third is…”

“It’s pretty big, dear,” Joyce broke in, halting Buffy’s explainations. “Third’s quite major, really and…”

“Never mind,” Hank groaned, “but that still doesn’t explain why Spike brought you home, Buffy,” he glared at his daughter, kind of. Hank seemed sympathetic to Buffy’s plight and horrible evening, but would not approve of that Giles’ boy. Ever.

“Spike felt that since he and Xander escorted me, then they should bring me home. I didn’t want anyone to miss out on the fun of the party, because of Angel and me, so I said no. Spike admitted he was not having a good time and insisted on bringing me home in Xander’s car. You see, Daddy,” Buffy said smugly, “Spike dislikes his cousin, Angel, as much as I do. Maybe even more and since Spike is a ‘true’ gentleman, he felt it his duty to escort me home, safely.”

‘There,’ Buffy snorted to herself, ‘put that in your pipe and smoke it Mister.’ She watched her father’s reaction, warily.

“Well, that was very nice of Spike,” Joyce gushed warmly, “I think he sounds like a nice, decent boy. Don’t you think, dear?” She smiled at her husband evenly.

“Maybe,” Hank grumbled, lighting his pipe. The older man sat for a moment, in the silent room and seemed to ponder this new set of events.

“Rurpet and Jennifer Giles are good people,” Hank mumbled between smokes of his pipe. “Very well thought of. Even if their son shamed them, back in England. I suppose their move out here did the boy some good. Yes,” Hank smiled, benevolently, “it was good of Spike to bring you home, dear.” He gave both of the women a smug, self-satisfied smile.

“Thanks Daddy,” Buffy leaned in and kissed her father, tenderly, on his cheek. This caused the old boy to grin and blush himself.

“Oh, Daddy, Joyce,” Buffy turned to head upstairs to her bedroom, “Spike has asked me out, for tomorrow night. I’ll be going with him, so I hope that’s okay.” Buffy stifled another chuckle and hurried to the stairs and to her room.

“Buffy!” Hank called desperately, “just because the boy brings you home, like a real man would? That doesn’t mean you have to date him, to thank him. Send him a damn card or something! He…”

“Hank,” Joyce hissed loudly, “you better rethink your attitude here, Mister,” the woman continued, a little less harsh now. “You said it yourself, the Giles are wonderful people. Don’t you think that your daughter is mature enough to ‘see’ something in their son that reflects their good upbringing?”

“Joyce,” Buffy could hear her Dad reply harshly and she felt a sinking feeling in her tummy.

‘He’s going to keep me from seeing Spike,’ Buffy realized with horrid disappointment. ‘I can’t date a great guy like Spike,’ she thought sadly, feeling tiny, hot tears begin to spill from her eyes. She didn’t turn around and face the couple, just remained with her back to them, by the bottom of the stairwell.

“Spike, he can be trouble, dear,” Hank said, his voice much less harsh then before. “He’s a leather clad hooligan. He’s a rebel. I want something more for my daughter, not a…”

“It’s a date, Daddy,” Buffy cried, finally turning to face her Dad, “not a marriage proposal. I like Spike, Dad,” she coninued, softly. “He’s kind, nice and sweet too. Spike’s more interested in ‘me’ then my father’s status or if I’ll put out or not and…”

“Buffy!” Hank leapt up from the sofa, “see,” he turned to Joyce, his tone harsh again. “Because of one hour with that Spike fellow, my daughter is using terms like…”

“Oh, Daddy,” Buffy shook her head sadly, “everybody says things like that. Mostly guys do, especially, guys like your precious Angel. Daddy,” Buffy walked slowly up to Hank and hugged him, gently, shocking the older man, yet again.

“One of the reasons that Angel cheated on me is because I ‘won’t’ do those things with him. Can’t you be happy about that? Can’t you appreciate the fact that I am a good girl and I don’t do the things with boys that Cordelia and some other girls do?”

“Buffy,” Hank sighed, holding his daughter in his arms, tenderly. “I am very proud of you. Very proud. I guess I’m just afraid for your future, honey. Your mother, she hurt you, I know that, when she, well, did what she did. I don’t want you hurt again, dear, not like that kind of hurt. You’re sure, about this boy, Spike? He won’t hurt you, will he?” The older man’s voice was almost desperate as he searched his daughter’s lovely green eyes for the truth.

Buffy looked up at her father, lovingly, and patted his shoulder with her hand. “Well, Daddy,” she murmered softly, “no one can promise that they’ll never be hurt again, you know that. But I know this,” she took a deep breath and continued, “Spike is the kind of guy that would never intentionally hurt me. That I can promise and I think that should be enough. Don’t you?”

Hank brushed his daughter’s golden locks from her face and smiled at her, affectionately. “Yes, Buffy, that should be enough, I think. So, go out with this Spike, if you think you should. You’re a lot smarter and more mature then I’ve given you credit for, before this.”

“Thanks Daddy!” Buffy squealed loudly and hugged him, again. “You’re both the best!” she called back to Hank and Joyce as she ran up the stairs to her bedroom.


Buffy prepared for bed, humming softly as she did. A soft, timid, knock at her bedroom door broke her train of thought.

“Buffy,” came Dawn’s ten-year-old whisper from behind the door. “Can I come in?” the girl asked softly.

“Sure, squirt,” Buffy giggled as she opened the door for her little stepsister. Dawnie was all wide-eyed and flushed, dressed in her flannel jammies, still half asleep.

“I overheard when Angel called Daddy,” Dawnie yawned widely while she spoke. Buffy motioned for the younger girl to sit on her bed, then flopped down beside her.

“Are you okay, Buff?” Dawn asked, truly concerned.

Buffy wrapped her arm about her sister and pulled the girl into her, in a warm hug.

“I’m more then okay, Dawnie,” she assured the girl, softly. “I’m going out with Spike, tomorrow night. How about that?” Buffy grinned at Dawnie, happy to see the excitement in the younger girl’s pretty face.

“Oh, that’s terrific, Buff!” Dawnie squealed loudly, then lowered her voice. “I think it’s great,” she whispered, her blue eyes filled with glee for Buffy.

“Dad actually agreed to it,” Buffy explained quickly, “maybe he’s not so uppity, or stodgey after all, huh?”

“Maybe not,” Dawnie scowled briefly. “You know,” the excitable girl continued, happily, “this just might lead the way. For me, I mean, when it’s time for me to date? Daddy’ll be less strict with me, right? If you forge the path for us???”

“Could be,” Buffy smiled at her little bright spot, Dawn. “After all, even though Daddy thinks that Spike is such a ‘rebel’ he’s still allowing me to go out with him. That’s something right?”

The two girls giggled together and hugged each other tightly. Buffy got up and turned on her little record player, making sure the volume was way, way low.

When the song began to play, Buffy sat back down next to Dawnie and began to hum the tune. Dawn joined her ‘idol’ and started to hum along.

By the time the singers began their first lyrics, the two girls were already giggling and singing along:


‘He’s A Rebel’ (The Crystals)


‘See the way he walks down the street
Watch the way he shuffles his feet
My, he holds his head up high
When he goes walking by
He’s my guy’

‘When he holds my hand I’m so proud
Cause he’s not just one of the crowd
My baby, oh he’s the one
To try the things they’ve never done
Just because of that, they say….

Chorus:

‘He’s a rebel and he’ll never ever be any good
He’s a rebel and he’ll never ever be understood
And just because he desn’t do what everybody else does
That’s no reason why I can’t give him all of my love
He is always good to me, always treats me tenderly
Cause he’s not a rebel, no no no
He’s not a rebel, no no no, to me

‘If they don’t like him, that way,
They won’t like me after today
I’ll be standing right by his side,
When they all say…

Chorus:

‘He’s a rebel and he’ll never ever be any good
And just because he doesn’t do what everybody
Else does,
That’s no reason why we can’t share our love
He is always good to me, good to him?
I’ll try to be….
Cause he’s not a rebel, no no no,
To me.


A/N: Corny? Hope so….hehehe. Actually, my fourteen-year-old daughter and I were singing this as a duet, together last night. So, it could happen. (My husband, her Dad has always been a rebel).

Next chapter; Spike and Buffy have their date and the Spuffy relationship truly begins. How will ‘everyone’ around them take this surprising turn of events?

Please read and review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 5: 'Love Me Tender' by spufette
YOU NEVER CAN TELL


Chapter 5: ‘Love Me Tender’


Spike and Buffy sat, together, in the booth at the French restaurant that he had chosen for their date. He hoped it would impress Buffy, enough, that is, but more then that? The blond teen male had wanted to impress Buffy’s father and stepmother.

He was not a fool, Spike wasn’t, and he knew that he was not the boyfriend material that Hank Summers would pick for his darling daughter. So, when he had arrived at the Summers home, to pick Buffy up and meet her parents, officially, Spike made sure he had everything just right.

In his right hand, there was a bouquette of spring flowers for Mrs. Summers, in his left, a dozen pink roses for Buffy. Spike had even forgone his beloved leather jacket, left it at home and wore a nice, blue button down shirt with decent pants for once. No blue jeans, no leather jacket, no boots, not tonight. This night was about pleasing Buffy, and her folks, if need be.

Spike felt like a complete idiot, decked out like a Crawford instead of like himself, but he did it anyway. At this point, Spike Giles would do anything for Buffy Summers, even dress like a normal guy, or jock for that matter.

Buffy had answered the door, dressed in a simple, but kind of elegant little dress. It had thin straps and was a dark shade of pink, Buffy’s color, Spike realized with a smile.

“You look gorgeous, luv,” Spike had whispered in awe of his little Princess. “Like a movie star, in fact and…”

“Oh, please,” Buffy groaned softly, but smiled anyway, “no movie star compliments. Not from you Spike, but thanks anyway,” she giggled and motioned him into her nice, but not overwhelming home.

“Dad, Joyce,” Buffy had shown him into the living room where Hank and Joyce Summers were waiting to speak with him. “You remember Spike Giles, from the company bar-b-que last summer?”

“Mr. Summers,” Spike made sure to shake the older man’s hand with a firm, manly like grip. He was pleased when Buffy’s father gripped his hand back, firmly, and smiled at him.

“Hello, uhm, Spike?” Hank stammered, sizing up the young man, carefully.

“It’s William, actually, Mr. Summers,” Spike blushed briefly and glanced at Buffy, embarrassed about his given name.

“Good solid name, son,” Hank replied, amicably enough, putting both Spike and Buffy at ease immediately. “This is my wife, Joyce and here’s Dawnie.” Hank smiled at his ten-year-old stepdaughter as she scurried down the stairs and bounded into the living room.

“Hey Spike,” Dawn grinned at him, then giggled at Buffy. “My sister really likes you, did you know that? In fact, you’re the reason that she wore her hair down last night to that stupid party. I told her that…”

“Dawn, that’s enough,” Joyce hissed, lovingly at her daughter the dynamo.

“Thank’s Dawnie,” Buffy groaned softly with a grimmace and a roll of her eyes.

“Any time,” Dawn giggled and waved at Spike. “Have fun kids,” the girl called as she turned and rushed into the kitchen.

“Nice to meet you Dawn,” Spike called out to the young girl, but smirked at Buffy.

“Well,” Buffy sighed, still red with embarrassment, “that was just dandy.”

After Spike had given Buffy her roses and Joyce her bouquette, Buffy suggested that they head out, but Hank had had other ideas.

For at least thirty minutes, Hank slyly grilled poor Spike about everything. From his academic records to his goals for the future.
Buffy was inwardly seething about this, but she held her tongue and just kept shooting reassuring smiles at Spike.

Spike, to his credit, took everything in stride and answered all of Hank’s probing inquiries. Buffy was so proud of Spike, so very proud of the way the cutie kept his cool, behaved like a real gentleman.

“The kids probably have to be going, Hank,” Joyce finally broke into her husband’s endless stream of questions and conversation.

“We do have a reservation,” Buffy answered eagerly, relieved to have an excuse to leave her house and truly start the date.

“I’ll be home, by 11:00 PM, on the dot,” Buffy stated and hugged her Dad, and Joyce, warmly.


Now, Spike and Buffy were nearly finished with their wonderful dinner and were debating about what to do next. Spike wanted to take Buffy to the movies, but Sunnydale only had one picture show and it was playing the new war movie ‘The Great Escape’ and he figured…

“I’d love to see that movie!” Buffy squealed, genuinely excited by the idea. “I’ve got a little secret,” she whispered shyly, “I have a crush on James Garner and Steve McQueen.” She blushed brightly and looked at her empty dinner plate, quickly to avoid Spike’s merry blue eyes.

“Should I be jealous?” he asked, in a half joking tone.

“Yeah, right,” Buffy giggled merrily, “like I’m ever going to Hollywood and actually meeting Steve and James, huh?”

Spike chuckled and hugged her tightly. “You sure you wanna’ see a guy movie?” he asked, a little worried that he might mess this up, completely.

“Yup,” Buffy nodded, “and by the time it’s over? It’ll be almost my curfew so it will be perfect. Is that okay? Or would you rather, well, you know…”

Spike knew exactly what Buffy was thinking. She was wondering if he really just wanted to head out to the ocean and Lover’s Lane that overlooked it. Well, of course, he did, he was a bloke after all and Buffy was his dream girl, but he didn’t want her to think that’s all he wanted from her.

“Let’s see the movie, sweetheart,” he offered gently, “that way I can hold your hand, in the dark. And, Buffy,” he added, “I’m happy to just be with you, together and spend time together. In all ways, you understand?”

Buffy felt her heart skip a beat as he gazed into her green eyes with those honest blue ones of his. She appreciated Spike’s sincerity and loved the idea that he wasn’t ‘with’ her for just one thing.

‘So unlike Angel, and so many boys,’ she thought warmly.

“Okay,” she whispered, softly, “lets go watch Steve, James and the Allies take on the Nazis.”

The couple left the restaurant, laughing together and hand in hand. They drove the few miles to the Sunnydale Cinema and after buying popcorn and sodas, found their seats in the back of the theater.

All through the movie, Buffy alternated between burying her head on Spike’s shoulder and watching, wide-eyed as the heros of the movie tried to escape from their captors.

Spike held Buffy tightly, with his left arm, and tried not to put too much pressure on Buffy’s left boob with his hand. Although, he noticed, his ‘girl’ didn’t seem to reluctant to have his hand there.

About half way through the movie, Spike took the chance and pulled Buffy’s chin up and over so that her mouth met his. He kissed her, gently, tenderly and then whimpered, softly, when she broke their contact.

“Let’s watch the movie,” Buffy whispered softly, laying her head on Spike’s strong shoulder. “Please?” she pleaded in a soft, quiet voice.

“Okay, luv,” Spike murmered in reply, trying not to show his disappointment. They watched the rest of the movie, in silence, with just an occasional chaste kiss, or hug between them.

When the movie was over, Buffy cried like a baby and allowed Spike to lead her out of the theater. He hurried to the DeSoto, quickly, trying to comfort his date, his Buffy, as he went.

“It was so sad,” Buffy sobbed, not even trying to hide her sorrow at the end of the movie. “Only a few of them got away from the bad guys….it was so sad,” she repeated, miserably.

“It’s a movie, sweet,” Spike reminded Buffy, “don’t let it upset you, please.”

“But it really happened, Spike,” Buffy whined, stubbornly. “Those guys, in that prison camp? They tried to escape and only a few of them made it. It’s so sad,” she repeated, sadly.

“Come on, then,” Spike cooed into Buffy’s warm ear, “let’s get you home.”

“It’s only 9:45, Spike,” Buffy glanced at the Sunnydale Town Center Clock and frowned. “Do we have to go home now?”

“Nope,” Spike grinned, happily, “not for a while, anyway. Want to go to the park? Talk a bit?”

“Uh huh,” Buffy replied, a little too quickly.

Spike drove the DeSoto to the park, which was empty, for some weird reason and parked it at the end, on the corner. Just like the night before.

He turned on his radio, tuning into ‘KEWB’ from San Francisco. The voice of Robert W. Morgan blaired out into the car and the empty night air. Spike hit the volume and turned the sound down, to very, very low.

Buffy sat, quietly, listening to the music and snuggling into Spike. She still sniffed, from time to time, from the sad end of the movie they’d just seen.

“So sad,” Buffy whimpered softly, burying her head into Spike’s shoulder. “Makes you think about how easy your own life is, huh?”

“True,” Spike responded evenly. “I guess things are pretty relevant, sweetheart,” he sighed.

Suddenly, Elvis Presley’s ‘Jailhouse Rock’ began to play on the radio and Buffy gasped softly.

“My Mom, she loved Elvis,” Buffy whispered softly with a deep, sad sigh.

Spike reached over to turn off the radio, not wanting to remind Buffy of the sad times in her life.

“It’s okay,” Buffy murmered quickly, “I like Elvis too. It just reminds me sometimes, of my Mom, of everything.”

“Buffy,” Spike began carefully, “if you don’t want to…”

“Spike,” Buffy suddenly blurted, “what happened? In England, with you and your family? Why did you come here? To Sunnydale? Not that I’m unhappy about ‘that’ but I just need to know?” She looked at her date with wide green eyes.

“If you tell me your dark secrets? I’ll tell you mine,” she whispered, her eyes gazing into his.

“I can’t think you’d have too many deep dark secrets, sweetheart,” Spike said quietly as he nuzzled her forehead with his lips. “You’re such a perfect little thing. So sweet, so dear and…”

“I’m a human being Spike,” Buffy sighed, “with faults and everything. Just like everyone else. Would you tell me? Please?”

Spike hesitated for a moment, then nodded his blond head and flipped off the radio. He lit a cigarette and took a deep drag, then gazed back into Buffy’s beautiful green eyes.

“My Mum and Dad, they had a nice little house, outside of London,” Spike began, quietly. “Dad was a librarian, at a history archive in the city. Mum, she didn’t work outside of the house, but she did do some home office typing. Helped out with the household expenses and all. Dad would drop me off, at school, every morning.”

Spike ran his hands down Buffy’s warm arms, tenderly, and nuzzled her face with his lips.

“I had friends, lots of them. But there was a kid, a younger bloke who hung out with us. His name was Andrew. He was a sickly, kind of whimpy kid, with a shaky family. Kind of took him in, we did. My gang and me.”

Buffy pulled away from Spike and gazed into his eyes, again, trying to read the emotion there. She tried to imagine Spike, in England, with a gang?

“Andrew,” Spike continued, “he was, like I said, he was a weak little bloke. Not much to him and pretty mellow. Some blokes, in the West End? They caught ahold of Andrew, without us others about and beat him within an inch of his life. Broke his nose, blacked his eyes and busted up his ribs, just because they could. You know? Bullies, I guess you’d Yanks would call them.”

“Yeah, bullies,” Buffy repeated, softly, thinking of Angel and his friends.

“Anyway,” Spike sighed heavily, “I sought out the leader of the gang, an ugly brute by the name of Tommy Haggerty. Kicked his arse from here to Sunday and back. Put ‘him’ in the hospital and was arrested for it.”

“That’s not fair,” Buffy cried out in indignation, “you were only defending your friend, Andrew. Why would the law put you away for that?”

Spike chuckled, ruefully, “I wasn’t quite fifteen, luv,” he sighed. “Tommy was the oldest son of a local cop and I was the son of a scholar in London. Who was going to the hospital, and who was going to jail?”

“Oh,” Buffy murmered as she held Spike close to her. “So your Dad and Mom, they ‘had’ to move?”

“No,” Spike shook his head and tossed his smoke out of the car window, “but they thought it would be best for me. I’m not sorry, Buffy,” he admitted, honestly, “to be here. In Sunnydale, with you.”

Buffy smiled and then buried her head into Spike’s chest, again, taking in the sweet scent of cologne, cigarette smoke and something else. A special scent that was totally Spike.

“My Mom,” Buffy spoke up, suddenly in the mood to confess herself. “She…”

“Buffy, if you don’t want to talk about your Mum, then don’t,” Spike said, his voice low and deep. “You don’t have to tell me anything.”

“I want to,” Buffy whispered, her voice muffled against his warm, strong chest.

“My Mom,” Buffy stammered, a little unsure just how to begin. “She was real pretty and real nice. For years, that is, until…”

Spike felt Buffy flinch and he began to stroke her long, golden hair with his hands. She nestled into his arms and sighed in contentment, or so he thought, anyway.

“Until?” he asked quietly.

“Mom wanted lots of kids, I mean lots of them,” Buffy whispered. “She and Dad, they tried, endlessly, to add to the family. I only found this out, about four years ago or so. I was about thirteen, I think, when I overheard Mama and Daddy arguing. Mama was saying that if it hadn’t been for me, she would have had three or four more babies by now. That’s when it all clicked, in my head, that is.”

“What, luv?” Spike asked, warily, not sure where this was going.

“Mama blamed me, for her miscarriages. While I was growing up, Mom had a lot of problems, physically. I never understood, until I was older, that they had to do with babies. Mom got pregnant, all right, but couldn’t seem to carry the babies to full term.”

“How’s that ‘your’ fault, sweet,” Spike whispered, kissing Buffy’s warm head, tenderly. He felt her slump against him in defeat and it tugged at his heart.

“Apparently Mom thought that my birth had something to do with her problems. When I heard Mom and Dad arguing? It was about how ‘I’ had caused her problems. How by her having me, she couldn’t have more children, properly. Dad was trying to defend me, explain how it didn’t matter that there was only one child. I was enough and Mom should be grateful for it.”

“It was soon after that night, when I overheard Mom and Dad? Mama took too many pills and died. It was me that found her, Spike,” she admitted, sadly, her little voice was raspy and filled with sorrow.

Buffy began to cry, quietly, slowly drenching the Spike’s shirt, her shoulders shaking against him.

“Oh my little Buffy,” Spike whispered, pulling his girl tightly to him, “it isn’t your fault. If your Mum wasn’t meant to have more babies, then that’s the way it was. Not your fault, luv, and she should not have blamed you for it. Please don’t cry.”

Spike pulled away from Buffy, slightly, and used his left hand to pull her chin up so he could gaze into her gorgeous green eyes. He leaned into her with his mouth and kissed her, tenderly, on her lips.

“You’re awfully sweet, Spike,” Buffy whispered with a sniff or two, after they broke their kiss.

“Not really,” he chuckled, derisively, “but you are sweet, Buffy,” he murmered, his eyes boring into hers.

“Buffy,” Spike began, a little nervously, “would you be my girl, please?” He felt his throat tighten and his stomach do flip flops as he gazed into her eyes, again, looking for his answer.

“Yes, Spike,” Buffy murmered softly, “I’ll be your girl,” she raised her head up and kissed his lips again, with hers.

Spike beamed, happily and pulled Buffy flush to his body, turning on the radio once again. The disc jocky from KEWB came on and announced his show for the evening.

“This is the Reel Don Steele,” the jocky blurted, gleefully from the dashboard of the DeSoto.

“We’re going to start our show tonight with a bit of an oldie for all of you lovers, young and old. Elvis Presley’s ‘Love Me Tender’.


While Buffy and Spike kissed each other, tenderly, the first strains of ‘Love Me Tender’ played from the radio.


‘Love Me Tender’ (by Elvis Presley and Vera Matson)


‘Love me tender,
Love me sweet,
Never let me go,
You have made my life complete,
And I love you so.

Love me tender,
Love me true,
All my dreams fulfilled,
For my darlin’ I love you,
And I always will.

Love me tender,
Love me long,
Take me to your heart.
For it’s there that I belong,
And we’ll never part.


Buffy pulled away from Spike, in need of a breath of air and then smiled, radiantly at him.

“I can’t believe that I’m going to be Spike Giles’ girlfriend,” she whispered in awe. Her green eyes were as round as saucers as she perused her new boyfriend, proudly.

“I can’t believe that my girlfriend is Buffy Summers,” Spike replied, equally in awe as he perused his girlfriend, lovingly.

“Buffy,” Spike finally spoke, his voice was proud, happy and arrogant, a smirk on his handsome face. “When school starts next week? Baby,” he chortled, pulling his girl to him, “we are so going to kick some snob ass!”

Buffy giggled and blushed, “aren’t we though,” she sighed happily as she snuggled her blond head into Spike’s shoulder. Her guy checked his watch, noted the time and turned on the ignition key to his beloved DeSoto.

Spike pulled away from the park and headed to Buffy’s home, whistling, contently, to some random rock song now playing on the radio. His girl, Buffy, drummed her fingers, on his thigh, to the music as they cruised down the main street of Sunnydale.


A/N: Sigh, if only things could be this simple, huh? Okay, so things are going to get a little tougher for our couple, but then, it wouldn’t be Spuffy if there wasn’t some angst involved, right?

I threw ‘The Great Escape’ and James Garner in there because ‘I’ have always had a big crush on the actor! A little personal history here: When I was 17 and a senior in HS, my buddies and me ditched classes and drove to Hollywood in my friend’s vintage Barracuda. On Mullholland Drive, we stumbled across a great looking guy picking up a hitch hiker in his Mach 1 Mustang. Who do you think that was? Yup, James Garner!!! God, he was beautiful!

Anyway, please read, review and give me some input on the story. If you like…let me know. If you have suggestions? Let me know! Thanks, luv, Spuf





























Chapter 6: 'Then He Kissed Me' by spufette
YOU NEVER CAN TELL


Chapter 6: ‘Then He Kissed Me’


The last week of freedom, before school began, went quickly for Buffy and Spike. When Spike was not at work, his part time job at Cole’s market of Sunnydale, where he was a box boy? He spent with Buffy, or Buffy and their friends. But always, with Buffy, in some way.

Buffy whiled away her hours away from Spike by running around with her closest friends, Willow, Anya and Cassie. Otherwise, she spent time with her little sister, Dawn. Dawn had always been there for Buffy, from day one, since her dad had married Joyce. The older girl would never turn her back on Dawn, or overlook the younger girl.

Buffy even insisted that Dawnie accompany her and her friends to the shopping center in town to purchase their new school wardrobes. For the most part, the older girls accepted Dawn as one of the gang and did their best to make her feel welcome.

However, at night? After Spike got off work and ate a quick supper with his parents, he hightailed it to Buffy’s house. If he hadn’t eaten, he would pick up Buffy and take her out for dinner. But no matter what else they did, the couple would always end up at a secluded, private spot, later at night and make with the smoochies until Buffy’s curfew of 11:00 PM.

This, actually, was the highlight of the young people’s evening, however, it was also the hell of it. The truth was, Spike and Buffy wanted each other so badly that their necking sessions were becoming nearly unbearable. If they did not make love together, soon, then both Buffy and Spike felt like they might explode.

This went on, for a good month or more, well into the new school year. Spike did not want to pressure his beautiful Buffy too much, and Buffy was more then shy about broaching the subject with her yummy boyfriend. So, in the interim, the couple became more and more frustrated, physically, even if they had taken their passion to second base. Until they made love together, completely, Spike and Buffy would always feel like something was missing between them.

Of course, once school started, Buffy was tied up with cheerleading, practice and games she had to attend. Spike always followed along after, to the games anyway, waiting patiently until the end of them. Then he and Buffy would go out together, or, just be alone together.

Buffy had caught more then a little flack from some of her friends, mostly other cheerleaders, about the dating of Spike. Not that there was anything wrong with Spike, no, but to give up a real catch like Angel for him?

Apparently, Cordelia and Angel hadn’t lasted more then a week and since the dark haired cheerleader was very proud? No one was told, or knew what exactly had happened that night at Angel’s party. Buffy never breathed a word of Angel’s betrayal to anyone but Spike,of course, and Xander and Anya. All were sworn to secrecy and Buffy never held the entire affair against Cordy. So, it was never spoken of again. Therefore, all the kids and the school had no idea what had happened to break up Angel and Buffy. They just assumed that Spike had come between them and taken Buffy from his cousin. End of discussion.

However, a few of Buffy’s cheerleader friends had decided to make it their personal quest to find out why? Why would Buffy Summers, Princess of Sunnydale, leave dreamy, wonderful, perfect Angel Crawford for Spike Giles, teen hood.

Of all the troublesome teens that persecuted Buffy with questions, it was Sandy Wilkens, Riley Finn’s girlfriend that was the worst.

“Why the heck would you dump a dream like Angel for that leather clad, slicked back haired, low rent loser like Spike Giles?” Sandy kept asking Buffy, constantly. Sandy had even recruited two other cheerleaders into her camp, Marcie and Amanda, to pester Buffy with questions about her choices.

Finally, Buffy could take no more. No more questions about Buffy’s dumping Angel, while Cordelia looked on, terrified…No more jibes at Buffy and her poor choices, no more questions, period.

“Sandy, I want to talk to you,” Buffy had finally spat out, at a cheerleading practice. The rest of the cheerleading squad, male and female looked on as Buffy cornered Sandy, Marcie and Amanda.

“Let’s get something straight,” Buffy began with a low, but purely feminine growl. “Spike is anything but low rent and a loser. Besides at Angel’s ‘end of Summer’ party, you know, when you were playing round the bases with Riley? Something happened, something pretty awful to me. Angel was at fault, of course, but that’s not important anymore. What is important is that Spike Giles came in, rescued me and took me home that night.”

Buffy glared ‘up’ at the slightly taller girl. Anya, Buffy’s best friend, stepped over to join her and glared, too, at Sandy.

“My boyfriend, Spike,” Buffy continued, proudly, “he took me home. Talked to me and really treated me like a real, bonafide human being. He held me, comforted me and then?” Buffy purred like a kitten, her eyes half closed in memory… “then, my wonderful, gorgeous, terrific boyfriend, Spike? Then, he kissed me.” She finished with a smug, happy grin and flipped her long blond hair over her shoulder.

Buffy sauntered off and picked up her pom poms from the football field. A very stunned, shocked actually, Sandy watched her cheerleader cohort scoop up her pom poms and nearly skip off, Anya in tow.

“Wow,” Sandy mumbled, still in surprise from tiny, little reserved Buffy’s overwhelming reaction. “She really likes the guy, huh?”

“Yeah,” Cordelia Chase sidled up to Sandy and placed her hand on the other girl’s shoulder. “Buffy does really like Spike and you know what?” Sandy looked down at Cordy, being a couple of inches taller. “Spike worships the ground Buffy walks on,” Cordelia continued evenly. “They’re lucky, Sandy,” Cordy went on, wistfully, “I hope they make it. They deserve it. Both of them.”





Spike waited by his car, after school, to take Buffy home. He was off today, as the new school year had started and Rupert Giles made his son cut his hours at work.

“School is the most important thing, William,” Rupert would tell Spike, constantly. Which was just fine with Spike, since now he could spend more time with Buffy.

As Spike waited, leaning against the hood of his DeSoto, Oz and Willow joined him. Oz was talking about his band, as usual, while Willow just stood and smiled, quietly.

The friends were so busy, emmersed in Oz’s unusual quick banter, that they neglected to see Angel or his two friends, Riley and Doyle swagger up to them. It wasn’t until the three other teens reached Spike’s car that the waiting group even noticed them.

“Hello, cousin,” Angel greeted Spike, a note of sarcasm in his deep voice. “How’s Buffy?” the dark haired, large teen asked amicably enough, but his mouth was twisted in a scowl.

“She’s fine, Angel,” Spike answered quickly, then went back to talking music with Oz. Totally blowing off Angel and ignoring his companions.

“Oh, she is, fine that is, all right, cousin,” Angel mumbled, interrupting the conversation, yet again. “What me and my guys here don’t understand? Is what she’s doing with the likes of you. Do you have any idea, just how fine, our Buffy is. Such a prim, proper lady, is Buffy Summers.”

“Oh, you may have gotten past second with Buffy the Ice Queen, but don’t get too excited, Spikey. Buffy’s stuck together at her knees and…”

Angel was never able to finish the awful words. Spike leapt at him and grabbed his cousin by his jacket. He slammed Angel against his car, holding him there, roughly.

“No one, especially you, talks about Buffy that way,” Spike hissed as he slammed his fist into Angel’s jaw. “Don’t ever even say Buffy’s name again, Peaches,” Spike added harshly, still holding his cousin down, against the DeSoto.

Angel’s cheek was already red, black and blue. Riley and Doyle immediately grabbed ahold of Spike and pulled him back from their friend, Angel. Oz clasped both Riley and Doyle with his hands, respectively, then cried out, “back off boys. This is between them, not us. Angel outweighs Spike, by at least thirty pounds, and five or six inches in height. Let the cousins work this out.”

“Work what out?” Buffy walked up and sized up the scene, quickly. “Why is Angel smashed against ‘your’ car, Spike?” She asked her boyfriend, innocently.

“He,” Spike stammered as he glanced at his wonderful girl, Buffy, then looked away in shame. “He said something stupid, Princess,” he admitted, simply to Buffy.

“Angel said some nasty things about you,” Willow piped in, suddenly. “Spike stood up for you.”

“What did he say?” Buffy asked quietly as she hurried over to Spike and sidled in between him and the two bullies that held him.
“What did Angel say, Willow?” she asked again, in a hushed voice.

“Buffy,” Spike murmered, “it’s not important and…”

“Angel said that you’re stuck together at the knees,” Willow responded in a strong voice. The red haired girl glared at Angel, Riley and Doyle, but grinned, benevolently at her boyfriend, Oz.

“I see,” Buffy sighed sadly. “All right then,” she continued softly, “let’s go, huh Spike?” Buffy gave her guy a sad look that tore into him, deeply.

“Okay, Princess,” Spike whispered and pulled away from Riley and Doyle. “Let’s get out of here. We’ve got things to do, eh, luv?”

“We do,” Buffy smiled, half-heartedly, “lots of things. Oh, Angel,” Buffy added with a manevolent look at her ex, “about my being stuck together? At the knees? Maybe it takes a great kisser, like Spike to loosen my knees up? You think?”

Willow began to giggle, loudly, while Oz laughed outright. Even Riley and Doyle garuffed, openly. “That was a real burn,” Riley chuckled as he let loose of Spike. “Buffy’s got quite a mouth on her huh Angel?”

“Yeah,” Angel grumbled, harshly, standing up from the car after Spike let him go.

Spike opened the passenger door for Buffy and grinned at her, lovingly as she sat in the front seat of ‘his’ car. His Buffy looked so happy and proud as Spike hopped into the driver’s seat and started the engine.

However, the couple rode in silence, until they got to the Giles’ house and Spike turned off the car. They sat in the DeSoto, for a few minutes in complete silence, staring out at the opposite sides of the car.

“Mum and Dad,” Spike began carefully, “they’re gone out until late tonight.” He didn’t look at Buffy, just stared at the dashboard of his car.

“Okay,” Buffy whispered, a little nervously. “We can still go in, study for Math, huh?” She glanced anxiously at her boyfriend, then down at the dashboard, too.

When they entered the Giles’ house, Spike motioned for Buffy to sit at the dining room table. He hurried into the kitchen and made some drinks and food for their study session. Spike brought the food and drinks out to the table and flopped down in the chair next to Buffy.

He began to flip through his Math book, but watched his girl from the corner of his eye. Buffy drummed her pencil on her book and notebook, carefully not looking over at Spike, he was sure.

“Buffy,” Spike clasped his girl’s tiny hand in his, “can I ask you something? Why ‘do’ you date me?”

Buffy reared back, shocked at the bluntness of Spike’s question. She set her pencil down on her notebook and took his other hand with hers.

“I date you,” she began in a hushed, almost reverent tone, “because I like you. A lot. I date you, William,” she continued, cupping her hands on his facial cheeks, gazing into his blue eyes, “because you’re a great guy. Because you treat me like a lady, like a human being. Why wouldn’t I date a great guy like you?”

Spike grinned, happily and kissed first her right, then left hand. He pulled her close to him and kissed her sweet mouth, affectionately.

“Can I ask you why you date me?” Buffy asked, softly, almost afraid of his answer. She continued to gaze into Spike’s indigo blue eyes, searching for his honesty there.

He pulled Buffy’s chin up and gazed into her lovely green eyes, lovingly. “I date you,” he whispered honestly as he kissed her forehead, then her right cheek, tenderly. “I date you,” he continued softly, “because I love you Buffy. I’ve loved you for a long, long time. So very, very much.” Spike stared, deeply into Buffy’s eyes and held his breath, a little embarrassed by his admission. Of all the things he was afraid of? Spike dreaded rejection most of all, especially from this tiny, green-eyed girl that he loved so much. He had never been in love before, nor would he ever be again, not after this. This much Spike knew. If Buffy didn’t love him back? Spike would just die from…

“I love you too,” Buffy whispered, shyly.

“Oh, Princess,” Spike murmered, huskily. He pulled Buffy from her chair and onto his lap. Spike began to pepper Buffy’s face and mouth with soft, whispy kisses, delighted when she kissed him back in the same way. At least as much as she could, considering their positions.

Sweeping Buffy up in his strong arms, Spike carried her to the living room couch. He sat down, careful not to let go of his precious cargo, careful not to be too anxious in his ministrations.

Buffy was afire with need and she could ‘feel’ Spike’s need against her. Down below.

“I,” she began, nervously, “I don’t think I’m…”

“Ready,” Spike finished for her with a slight smile. “I know that, baby,” he cooed as he ran his fingers down her cheek. “I can wait, forever, if need be. Until you are ready that is.”

“Thank you,” Buffy whispered, shyly, again. “I don’t know what I’d do, honey,” she went on, softly, “if you were pushy or mean, Will.”

Spike flinched at Buffy’s use of his given nickname, although, it was rather nice to hear it from her lush lips.

“Do you mind me calling you Will? Sometimes anyway?” Buffy asked, her eyes wide with confusion.

“Call me Will anytime you want, baby,” Spike purred into Buffy’s warm little ear. “It sounds like heaven, coming from you. You alone, Buffy,” he assured her. They began to kiss passionately.

“Mmmm,” Buffy cooed when she felt Spike run his long fingers down her neck, to her right breast. “That feels so good, Will,” she panted.

‘Imagine how good it’s going to feel with me inside of you,’ Spike thought to himself. ‘When it’s right that is,’ he added in his mind.

“Can I touch you, under your blouse, luv?” Spike asked, respectfully, even though they had done this, a few times before. He was rewarded by Buffy’s tiny right hand, taking his left one and slipping it up under her blouse. When Spike’s hand reached his destination, he began to place, light, whispery touches around Buffy’s lacey bra covered nipple.

“Oh, Will,” Buffy hissed, softly, as he continued to rub her nipple, still over her silky lace bra. “That’s…”

“What?” Spike moaned, huskily, maybe more turned on then even Buffy was. “What is it, baby?” he asked, his voice gravelly from lust.

“That’s wonderful. But don’t you want to feel ‘under’ my bra?” Buffy asked shyly, her face bright red with a blush.

“Course I do,” Spike chuckled softly, slipping his hand, gently under Buffy’s bra. When he touched her warm, fleshy nipple, Spike jumped, just a little. She felt so good, his Buffy did. Immediately, Spike began to repeat the whispery, soft circular motions on Buffy’s bare, sweet nipple.

“Oh, God,” Buffy hissed, wriggling beneath Spike’s hand, her legs rubbing together at the thighs. “More,” she whispered huskily, “please, baby, I need more.”

“Buffy,” Spike gapsed as he ripped her blouse open and pulled her bra off. He tossed the innocent, pretty lacy material onto the floor and attacked both of Buffy’s beautiful breasts with his hands.

“So good,” Buffy sighed, deeply, pulling Spike’s body over hers and running her hands down his back. “You’re hands, they feel like heaven, honey,” she groaned.

“My lips,” Spike whispered softly, “they’ll feel even better, sweetheart. You know that, though, don’t you?”

“Yes,” Buffy hissed, now pulling Spike’s fair head to her breasts. “Kiss them, suck them, please, baby,” she pleaded. Spike wasted no time in pleasing her. He buried his mouth onto her right breast and began to lick and suck her puckered nipple.

Spike licked and sucked Buffy’s nipples and breasts, for what seemed like hours. He took her whole right breast into his mouth, then eased it out again, watching Buffy’s green half-closed eyes as he did.

“Feel good?” he finally asked, his voice nearly a rasp.

“Feels wonderful,” Buffy sighed in contented pleasure. “I want to make you feel good, Will,” she admitted, timidly.

“You do,” Spike whispered as he began to run his fingers down Buffy’s bare tummy, to the top of her skirt.

Buffy grabbed Spike’s wandering hand and held it, to her stomach. She looked into his eyes, soulfully. “What do you want to do to me, baby?” she asked, softly, the picture of innocence.

This innocent Buffy stance proved to be Spike’s total undoing. He wrapped his arms about Buffy and pulled her, flush, to him.

“What do you want me to do, sweet?” he asked, his voice heavy with lust. “I would like to touch you, here,” he finished by placing his hand over Buffy’s skirt covered cunny. He noticed that she pressed her mound into his hand and purred seductively.

“Touch me, there,” she ordered, gently, “please, Will,” she pleaded softly. “I need you to.”

Spike wasted no time in pulling Buffy’s skirt up and running his hand up her thigh, to her panty covered cunny. He watched his girl, intently, while he pulled the cotton panty out of the way and began to slowly run his left index finger along her cunny lips.

Buffy sighed, continuously, while Spike ‘touched’ her tenderly on her vagina lips. She began to thrust forward, to meet his gentle touching, encouraging him to continue and expand his exploration.

“So soft,” Spike said in awe as he ran his fingers around her wet, warm core. “So soft and pretty,” he continued, watching his own fingers pleasure his girl. Finally, when neither of them could wait any longer, Spike thrust a finger into Buffy’s welcoming cunny and ran his thumb over her sensitive clit.

“Ohhhh,” Buffy moaned in pleasure as she bucked against her darling Spike’s fingers and hand. “That’s so good,” she whimpered. In a bold, aggressive move, Buffy placed her hand over Spike’s and encouraged his arrousing movements.

“That’s it, baby,” Spike whispered, mesmerized by Buffy’s responsiveness, “help me make you feel good.”

“I think about this, all the time,” Spike murmered, huskily. “All day, all night,” he hissed, his own eyes half closed in arrousal. “I think about touching you, feeling you this way. Wonder what it’s going to be like when we go all the way, really make love together. Don’t you, baby?” He asked, his eyes now wide with insecurity.

“All the time,” Buffy sighed in pleasure. “I think about this all the time, too, Will,” she purred. Her tiny hand took charge, squeezing her Spike’s hand, spurring him on to rub harder, faster, less gentle. Buffy didn’t want gentle, not tonight. She wanted hard, fast and continuous.

“I’m…” Buffy hissed and bucked even harder against Spike’s wonderful hand. “I’m going to…” she groaned in pleasure, again and again.

“Come on,” Spike growled, leaning over Buffy’s bare tummy and kissing her on it, tenderly. “Cum for me, my sweet, girl, please,” he begged eagerly. He watched as Buffy’s eyes closed, all the way and she moaned, loudly.

“Oh, Spike!” Buffy cried out her release, pulling his hand against her, even harder. She then reached out, cupped his head with her hands and pulled his mouth up to hers. They kissed, tenderly.

“Thank you,” Buffy gasped, still not completely calmed down from her orgasm. “It was wonderful, Will,” she murmered as she slumped back onto the couch.

“I’ll do anything to make you happy, make you feel good, baby,” Spike murmered, burying his head into her neck. “You’re my girl, I love you.”

“Love you,” Buffy echoed softly. “Will?” she whispered, her tone was breathy and soft. “I want to make you feel good too,” she added, shyly.

“I’m happy, I feel good, too,” Spike sighed, nuzzling into her, even more. “It’s enough, sweetheart, just for you to feel good. Don’t worry, it’s fine and…”

“No,” Buffy huffed, stubbornly, “I want to touch you. Make you feel good.”

“Buffy,” Spike began, in a low warning voice, “if you touch me, make me feel good? Well,” he stammered, “what you might start? I might not be able to stop myself and…”

“I want to make you feel good too,” Buffy repeated, aggressively. “I want to touch your, you know, thingy? Make it feel good. Can’t I, baby? Please?” Buffy begged her lover, with her big, beautiful green eyes.

“Yes,” Spike answered quickly, a little ashamed of himself, momentarily, for his abrupt answer. But damn, Buffy, his beloved girl was offering to ‘get him off’ with her touch. Why not? They’d be careful, no slip ups, she could just give him a…”

“Buffy,” Spike shook his head, trying to clear the pleasureable thoughts from it. “I’m not sure we can stop if…”

“We can stop, when it’s time,” Buffy purred, coyly. “I’ll just touch you,” she cooed as she reached down and ran her hand over her William’s jean covered bulge. “I’ll just touch you, rub you, inside your jeans, if that’s what you want?” Buffy looked at Will from the corner of her, saucily. “Don’t you want me to touch you?” she asked, coyly.

“Oh, hell yes,” Spike gasped as he clasped his hand over her tiny, fragile one, encouraging her, now, to rub his cock with it. “I want you to touch me, all the time, sweet,” he assured her with a harsh, gutteral groan.

“Can I take it out?” Buffy asked, timidly, afraid that she wasn’t doing something right. Spike certainly looked as if she was doing it right but, how could she be sure? She’d never done this before and…”

“Please take it out,” Spike moaned, completely at Buffy’s mercy by this time. “Please take it out, baby, touch it, more, please.”

Buffy unzipped Spike’s jeans and reached into them, pulling his bare, hard member from his pants.

‘Gosh!’ Buffy exclaimed in silent surprise. ‘He’s huge!’ She wondered, briefly, if all guys were this big, or if it was just her William that was built so very well?

“That’s it,” Spike moaned in encouragement, helping Buffy along with his hand over hers again. “Just run your hand over it. It’ll be fine, sweet. When it’s time, for me to cum? I’ll put my shirt over it, cover it for you. Don’t you worry, baby,” he grinned at her, lustily, “you just keep doing that. What you’re doing and we’ll be fine, okay?”

“Okay,” Buffy nodded and began to rub Spike’s lovely, long penis lovingly. “Is this too hard?” she asked, worried that she might hurt him.

“Oh, hell no,” Spike stuttered in pleasure, “just right,” he moaned contentedly. “Just keep it up, just like that, my precious. You’re doing so good, my sweet girl. So perfect you are.”

Buffy smiled, happily and began to pull and rub Spike’s gorgeous member, eagerly. She made sure to keep a firm, hard grasp, but not to hurt him. Soon, her Spike began to groan and moan, non stop and suddenly, he grabbed off his shirt, pulling it over his head. Before Buffy could blink and eye, Spike placed the shirt between Buffy’s hand and the end of his hard, strong, thingy.

“Was that?” Buffy gasped in awe as she watched Spike’s penis convulse then relax underneath his shirt.

“Oh, yeah,” Spike groaned in relief and pleasure as he slumped back onto the couch. When he’d finished trembling from his own orgasm, he disposed of his shirt and pulled Buffy to him.

“Mine,” he whispered as he peppered his love with kisses. “Always mine,” he assured her, clasping Buffy as tightly as possible, so she could still breathe. “I love you, always, Buffy,” Spike sighed, his lips against her soft, warm neck.

“I am yours,” Buffy whispered with the self satisfaction of a girl who’s in love. In love with a guy who loved her back, totally.


Spike placed his hand under Buffy’s tiny chin and raised it up to meet his gaze.

“I’ll always love you,” he murmered. Then he leaned into her mouth, with his. And then…he kissed her.


‘Then He Kissed Me’ (The Crystals)


‘Well, he walked up to me and he asked me if I wanted to dance.
He looked kinda nice and so I said I might take a chance.
When he danced, he held me tight,
And when he walked me home that night,
All the stars were shining bright…
And then he kissed me.

He kissed me in a way that I’ve never been kissed before,
He kissed me in a way that wanna’ be kissed forever more.

Each time I saw him I couldn’t wait to see him again.
I wanted to let him know that he was more then a friend.
So I whispered, I love you,
And he said that he loved me too,
And then he kissed me.

I knew that he was mine so I gve him all the love that I had
And one day he took me home to meet his mom and his dad.
Then he asked me to be his bride,
And always be right by his side,
I felt so happy I almost cried
And then he kissed me.

Then he asked me to be his bride,
And always be right by his side,
I felt so happy I almost cried
And then he kissed me
And then he kissed me
And then he kissed me’.


A/N: This is just the first ‘love-making’ scenes between Buffy and Spike. It will get more intense, promise. Thank you for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 7: 'Stand By Me' by spufette
YOU NEVER CAN TELL


Chapter 7: ‘Stand By Me’


A/N: Lots of anvils and hints in this chapter, for the future plot line, that is. Thanks, Luv, Spuf



Sunday supper at the Summers’ home, like so many other Sunnydale homes, held a special tradition. Dinner was eaten at precisely 3:00 PM, every Sunday, and usually consisted of beef pot roast and potatoes, salad and biscuits. The Summers’ supper was no exception, except that now, Spike was invited, every Sunday to have dinner with them.

He would show up at Buffy’s house, sans the leather jacket and boots, his hair not slicked back, like usual. Instead, he would dress like a regular guy, pants, button down shirt, regular shoes and his hair was allowed to fall in it’s natural, semi-curly state.

Dinner was a lively affair at the Summers’ home. Hank would talk sports with Spike, Joyce would talk fashion with Buffy and Dawn would interrupt every conversation, as much as she could, chiming in at the most inopportune times.

However, this Sunday afternoon, October 20th, 1963, the topic of conversation was Homecoming. The big Homecoming game was next Friday night. Win or loss by the varsity football team, Sunnydale High’s Homecoming dance was on Saturday, the 26th of October, in the gymnasium.

“I bet Buffy wins Homecoming Queen,” Dawn spouted off between bites of her pot roast. “She’s a shoe in, right Buff?” The ten-year-old’s excitement was infectuous and Joyce couldn’t help but agree with her daughter’s prediction.

“Of course Buffy’s going to win,” Joyce chimed in, happily. “And I suspect that William is going to be her King.”

Buffy gasped and looked horrified with embarrassment at this conversation. “Joyce, Dawnie!” she cried in horror, “please, don’t go on about the silly Homecoming junk. Spike and I couldn’t care less about it, right Spike?”

“Yeah,” Spike blushed as he mumbled his reply. The truth was, Spike really couldn’t care less about any of it. He was only going to the bloody game and dance for Buffy’s sake. Of course he realized that his girl might win the coveted prize of Homecoming Queen, but him? King? Oh, shit, hopefully not. Then again, if his Buffy was the Queen, why would he want some other bloke to win King? Especially Angel, who had the best chance of anyone to win?

Hank Summers gave his ‘girls’ a sobering look and chewed his own pot roast portion, thoughtfully. Buffy’s father watched William Giles, intently, and finally, after he’d finished his last bite, spoke up.

“William,” Hank always called his daughter’s boyfriend, William, not Spike, naturally. “I was wondering, is there something bothering your Uncle Liam?” Mr. Summers stared at the teenager, trying to fathom the young man’s reactions.

Spike blushed, cleared his throat and set his fork down, next to his plate. “Uhm, well, Mr. Summers,” Spike began quietly, “I can’t say for sure. I’m not really close to my Uncle, as you know. But,” he hesitated, briefly, unsure how much he should reveal to his girlfriend’s father.

“If Uncle Liam seems preoccupied lately,” Spike continued slowly, “I’m thinking it’s because my Aunt Faith is back in town. She’s living with Uncle Liam and Aunt Caroline, in their big house. Uncle Liam has never been too keen on my Aunt Faith, but then that isn’t a secret, right?”

Buffy glanced at her Dad and sighed in frustration, fully aware that no one in Sunnydale, including Hank Summers, was too keen on Faith Crawford, or Faith Crawford-Rayne. Whatever it was Spike and Angel’s crazy aunt was going by these days.

“I see,” Hank mumbled as he lit his pipe and grew silent once again. “I didn’t know your Aunt Faith was back in town, William,” he finished with a slight scowl.

“Your aunt?” Joyce chimed in, amicably, “that’s nice William. I’m sure your mother must be pleased to have her baby sister back and near by?”

“Joyce,” Buffy choked out, “uhm, Spike’s mom, Jennifer? She’s not all that close to her little sister, Faith. Neither is Angel’s dad. It’s a family thing, Joyce,” Buffy alerted the older woman to the taboo subject of Spike and Angel’s aunt. “No one talks about this, not much anyway,” Buffy added quickly and stood to help clear the table.

“Why not?” Dawn asked non-chalantly. “Is this Faith lady a kook or something?”

“Dawn,” Hank hissed at his adopted daughter, “that’s enough. This is Spike’s family business, and not to be discussed between us, ever.” He gave Dawnie a stern eye and motioned the girl to help her mother and sister.

When the females had left the dining room, Spike sat, nervously looking at the candles in the middle of the table. He finally sighed and glanced at the closed door that seperated him and Hank, from the ladies.

“About my Aunt Faith,” Spike began quietly, “I don’t mind if we discuss her, Mr. Summers. I’m sure everyone in town pretty much has discussed my mother’s little sis from time to time. In fact, I think we should talk about it. If Uncle Liam is upset at work or something, then Aunt Faith is probably behind it. She showed up, out of the blue, a week ago. Moved herself, her chiuaua and her wardrobe back into Uncle Liam’s house.”

Spike frowned again, but met Mr. Summers’ brown eyes with his own blue ones. “She’s a piece of work, Aunt Faith is,” Spike acknowledged with a nod, “but, she is my Mum’s little sister and my aunt. I suppose the old girl had no where else to go, again, and ended up at Uncle Liam’s.”

“I see,” Hank repeated, yet again and smoked his pipe for a while, in silence.

“I have to tell you, William,” Hank began seriously, “I never agreed with Liam’s decision to run his baby sister out of town. And that’s what your Uncle did, son,” he continued soberly, “ran her out of town. Of course, you and your folks hadn’t moved here yet, not for a while, and while your aunt was a bit of a bohemian,” Hank scowled at the word, then added, “I thought the whole situation was mishandled. If the young woman wanted to leave, fine, but to be sent away, like an errant servant? Totally unacceptable.”

Spike was stunned by Mr. Summers’ words. If anyone, or so Spike thought, would have been on the ‘get rid of Faith band wagon,’ it should have been Mr. Summers. The teen was well aware of the scandulous way his now thirty-two-year-old aunt had conducted herself in Sunnydale. Heck, Spike remembered when she’d landed on the Giles’ doorstep, in England, seven years before. His mother, Jennifer Giles, had been mortified to find her little sister on her doorstep. Dad had been more compassionate, encouraging his wife to give the poor young woman a roof over her head, for a while anyway.

Within two weeks, Spike remembered, his aunt had done something so horrible, that both his father and mother had ordered her out of their house. Spike never did find out what it was that his wild aunt had done, nor did he ever ask. His aunt, as the topic of conversation, was just too taboo for anyone to talk about.

“William,” Hank changed the subject, abruptly, “I want to talk to you, about something else.” The older man scrunched his brows together, in thought. He tapped his pipe out, in an ashtray and set it down on the table to cool off.

“Buffy brought something to my attention, just a week or so ago and I wanted to discuss it with you.” Hank averted his eyes from Spikes, alerting the teen to the possibility that his girl’s dad was going to ask some pretty heady questions.

“Yes,” Spike mumbled in response, swallowing hard to calm himself down. He suddenly felt his palms begin to sweat and he wondered if he could excuse himself to go wash his hands. Anything to get away from this table, this man, this whole area right now…

“I understand that your cousin Angel said some rather ungentlemanly things regarding my daughter?” Hank frowned, a flash of anger crossed his face and Spike, for some reason, immediately relaxed at this.

“Yes,” Spike replied honestly, not real sure where this conversation was going.

“Buffy tells me that you defended her honor, so to speak. Knocked Angel on his butt and ordered him to stay away from her?” Hank stared at Spike, evenly, seemingly sizing him up somehow.

“Yes, sir,” Spike replied, just as evenly. ‘Tell him the truth,’ Spike told himself. ‘He deserves the truth.’

“Thank you,” Hank said simply, reaching over the table to offer his hand. “That was quite manly of you, son,” the older man smiled warmly. “I’m not too fond of Angel, sorry to say. He’s made a fool out of himself for too long now. Way too big for his boots and I’m glad that Buffy has such a champion as yourself on her side.”

“Oh,” Spike whispered, a little stunned by Buffy’s Dad. “I mean, oh,” he continued with a grin, “thank you, sir.”

Spike felt himself blushing bright red and was thankful when Mr. Summers changed the subject, yet again. Unfortunately, the older man changed the subject, right to Spike’s history back home in England.

“Buffy’s also told me of the unfortunate circumstances that forced your family to leave their beloved home,” Mr. Summers went on casually. “Said that you were defending your weak friend, against some bullies?”

“Well, not plural, Mr. Summers,” Spike replied, feeling pretty ill by now. “Just one kid, by the name of Tommy Haggerty. He beat a friend of mine up, nearly killed the little guy. Andrew was his name. A good kid, just a little sickly and weak. It was wrong of Tommy, but not right of me either. I get that now.” Spike hung his head in shame, until Mr. Summers chimed in.

“Never be ashamed to defend the weak, William,” Hank said in his best lecture voice. “It’s a good young man, and older one that protects those that can’t protect themselves. It is a shame that your family felt need to leave your homeland because of some hooligan and his family, but then again…” Hank’s face brightened, visibly, “it’s a plus for us then, isn’t it? That your fine family moved to Sunnydale.”

Later, Spike drove Buffy ‘out’ on an early date. Actually, they drove to the park, to ‘their’ spot and immediately began to make out, desperately.

“Let’s take a walk,” Buffy suddenly blurted out. Spike pulled back from her, briefly, in surprise and just nodded.

“Sure,” he murmered, opening his side of the car and pulling Buffy out, gently. They walked, hand in hand down the long, garden path that led to the center of the huge park. It was now dark, and Spike knew the rose garden, in the middle of Sunnydale Park would be deserted.

He was right and the couple sat on a white wooden bench, right in the center of the gardens. They sat, in comfortable silence, Spike’s left arm wrapped tightly around Buffy’s sweater clad shoulders.

Spike had brought his jacket, which he’d donned when they drove to the park. He asked Buffy if she’d like to wear it, if she was too cold for just the sweater.

“Please,” Buffy whispered, softly. Spike noticed that Buffy seemed nervous, or preoccupied about something. She was unusually quiet tonight.

“Everything all right, Princess?” Spike murmered into Buffy’s ear as he placed the jacket around her slim shoulders.

“Yes,” Buffy replied, quickly. “No, I mean,” she stuttered, “everything is fine, between us, that is. I just wondered something.” She looked away from Spike’s blue eyes and focused on an empty, bare rose bush, just across the path from them.

“What’s that,” Spike asked, lighting a cigarette as he waited for her response.

“I don’t want you to be angry with me,” Buffy began carefully, “but I wondered about your Aunt Faith. Oh,” she sputtered right away, “just forget it, nevermind.” Buffy began to swing her legs under the bench and bite her lower lip, anxiously.

“It’s all right, baby,” Spike chuckled softly and hugged her to him, tightly. “I already talked about Aunt Faith, with your dad. I guess my Uncle Liam explained some things to your pops, about why my aunt left town seven years ago. Is that what you wanted to know?”

Buffy nodded her head, then shook it, slowly. “I want to know ‘why’ she left town, Spike,” Buffy whispered shyly, a guilty look on her face. “I guess I’m just nosy or something, but Angel told me some things about it. Just never enough for any of it to make sense.”

She looked up at Spike, hopefully, and was rewarded with a slight grin. He thought for a moment then shrugged and nodded his head. “I’ll tell you what I know, sweetheart,” he said evenly.

“Peaches told you some things, huh?” Spike sighed and tossed out his cigarette. “What did ‘he’ tell you,” he asked quietly, placing his other hand on Buffy’s skirt covered thigh.

“Just that your aunt got mixed up with the wrong people, or person actually. Angel said that your Aunt Faith was pretty wild, fell in with the wrong crowd?”

“Yeah,” Spike replied, nervously running his hand through his somewhat curly hair. “Truth is,” he looked down at his shoes, thoughtfully, “is that my Dad finally told me most of the story. Seems Aunt Faith got involved with a married man, here in Sunnydale. I guess, from what Dad said,” Spike continued with a scowl, “the bloke wouldn’t leave his family, to be with my aunt that is. Uncle Liam went nuts and told my aunt to get out of town before she made a bigger fool of herself and everyone else.”

“So, she did,” Spike shrugged and lit another cigarette. “It was right after that, that Aunt Faith showed up at our house in England. I was only about eleven or so then. No idea what the bloody hell was going on. Dad never told me much, either, not until I was fifteen or so and we’d moved here.”

“How long did she live with your folks?” Buffy asked quietly, aware that it had probably not been too long. From what she’d been told, Spike and Angel’s aunt never stayed put, by choice or not. Something about the sad past of the poor woman just broke Buffy’s tender heart. Surely the woman hadn’t done anything so horrendous that she should be run out of towns like a common criminal?

“Geez, not long, Buffy,” Spike replied, trying to remember exactly how long his aunt had stayed with the family. “Maybe two weeks or so? No longer then that.” He looked at Buffy, thoughtfully, “why the interest Princess?” he asked softly.

“I don’t know, Spike,” Buffy sighed deeply, “but something about your aunt’s past makes me feel sad. It’s like, oh, I don’t know,” she ended with a frustrated sigh.

“It’s okay, luv,” Spike whispered and kissed Buffy’s lips, tenderly. “But my aunt made her life what it is, Buffy,” he continued. “She chose her way, no one chose it for her. But…”

He averted his eyes from Buffy, briefly, then met her gaze again, noting the sympathetic look in her lovely green eyes.

“But?” Buffy began, trying to get Spike to tell her more. Her boyfriend hesitated for a moment then finally continued the story.

“When my aunt got to England, back then,” Spike began again, “I think she may have been pregnant. With this married bloke’s baby.” He blushed bright red and looked away from Buffy again, even though he still held on to her tightly. “I overheard my mum arguing with her baby sister, about responsibility and that. Dad was at work that day, I remember, mum thought I was out with the guys, playing soccer. I’d come home early, felt sick or something. Heard the arguing.” He scowled at the memory and took a drag off of his smoke.

“Your aunt has a child?” Buffy asked, stunned. “No one ever told me that you had another cousin somewhere.” She looked at her boyfriend, totally confused by now.

“No, Buffy,” Spike mumbled, “my aunt doesn’t have a child.” He gazed at his girl, hoping she realized what he was trying to say.

“What happened? Did she lose the baby? Adopt it out? I don’t understand…” Buffy stopped short, a sudden gasp escaped her lips.

“Buffy,” Spike mumbled again, tightening his hold on her, “I don’t know what happened to the baby. I only know my aunt has no children. It was years before any of the family even heard from her again. By that time, she’d married this Rayne bloke, settled somewhere in New York City.”

“I see,” Buffy whispered, her voice strained. “Do you know why she came back here?” Buffy asked quickly, trying to change the baby subject.

“Hell who knows,” Spike hissed, exasperated by now, with his aunt, his family, these questions. “From what Uncle Liam told my mum, Aunt Faith is kind of hiding from her ex-husband. If he is even her ex, that is. Knowing Aunt Faith, she’s probably just bored with the poor guy and left him high and dry, back in NYC.”

Spike grimmaced and shook his fair head. “She’s a piece of work, Aunt Faith is,” Spike snorted in disgust.

“I feel sorry for her,” Buffy murmered sadly. “She’s always been alone. Never had anyone to stand by her, poor thing.” Buffy began to cry, softly and buried her head into Spike’s shoulder.

“Don’t cry, baby,” Spike tried to comfort his love, “I didn’t mean to sound so cruel. It’s just that my family is complicated sometimes, almost crazy if you ask me. Now this? I don’t think old Aunt Faith will stick around SunnyD too long, though. Uncle Liam will find a way to chase her off, I’m sure.”

“Don’t care,” Buffy sniffed and looked at Spike with a pout that just did him in every time. “I still feel sorry for you aunt. How sad that your own family won’t accept you. It breaks my heart,” and the little blond began to sob into her guy’s shirt.

“Baby, please,” Spike cooed, cradling Buffy in his arms. “I’m sorry, we won’t talk about the other family members again, okay? Please?” He felt like he was pleading by now, but he really hated to see his Buffy cry like this. It nearly killed him.

“Spike,” Buffy pulled her head up and looked at him, her huge, green eyes shimmered with her tears. “You’ll always stand by me, won’t you?”

Spike smiled down at his sweet girl and kissed her forehead. “Always, baby. I love you,” he murmered, before he kissed her lips, gently. “And you’ll always stand by me, won’t you?” He asked, a little insecure, for a moment.

“Always,” Buffy sniffed, then smiled sweetly at her wonderful boyfriend. “And Spike,” she added softly, “I love you too.”


‘Stand By Me’ (by Ben E. King)


‘When the night has come
And the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we’ll see
No I won’t be afraid, no I won’t be afraid
Just as long as you stand, stand by me

And darlin’, darlin’, stand by me, oh now stand by me
Stand by me, stand by me

If the sky that we look upon
Should tumble and fall
And the mountains should crumble to the sea
I won’t cry, I won’t cry, no I won’t shed a tear
Just as long as you stand, stand by me

And darlin’, darlin’, stand by me, oh stand by
Stand by me, stand by me


A/N: I wanted to write a bigger part for Hank in this chapter. To show that he does have a compassionate, understanding side to his nature. It will serve him later on.

I thought that song was appropriate as a title for this chapter. Okay, I wanted to explain the appearance of Aunt Faith to the story. In a future chapter (not too future) Buffy is going to need some advice from Spike and Angel’s aunt. Thank you, for reading and please review. Luv, Spuf

















Chapter 8: 'Teen Angel' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you to everyone reading this fiction. I really enjoy the feedback and it spurs me to write more.
Thanks, Pari, for adding this column and the response ability onto the story updates.
YOU NEVER CAN TELL


Chapter 8: ‘Teen Angel’

It was Saturday, October 26th, the day of the big Homecoming Dance. Buffy’s pale pink silk party dress was hanging in the closet, cleaned, pressed and ready for her to put on.

Buffy sat at her vanity table, in her bedroom and looked at her relfection in the mirror. She thought about the night before, after the big game, that Sunnydale had won, fortunately.

‘Quick Flashback/Buffy’s POV’

Spike had waited for her, of course, along with Xander who waited for Anya. The couples had headed out after the game to ‘Lover’s Lane’, Spike and Buffy in his car, Xander and Anya in the Bel Aire.

After about an hour of heavy necking, Spike and Buffy broke apart, each completely frustrated. It was then that Buffy began to cry, softly and buried her head into Spike’s chest.

“What’s wrong, Princess,” Spike asked in a gentle voice, although Buffy was sure her guy knew exactly what was wrong.

“I’m,” Buffy stammered through little kitten sobs, “I’m not good enough for you,” she whispered sadly.

“What!” Spike gasped and pulled her back from him, to gaze into her eyes. “What the bloody hell is that about? Of course you’re good enough for me,” he whispered, harshly, peppering her face with his soft, tiny kisses. “I love you, baby,” he purred between kisses.

“I love you too, but,” Buffy whimpered, stubbornly, “if I was good enough for you, I’d let you…”

Spike sighed deeply and pulled her, flush up against his body, tightly. “I told you, baby,” he murmered, stroking her long blond hair tenderly, “when it’s time. When you’re ready,” he finished with a quick kiss on her forehead.

“I know,” Buffy sniffed delicately and smiled up into her Will’s beautiful blue eyes. “I know you say that, but…”

“Buffy,” Spike sighed, his frustration at their having to stop, yet again, was apparent to her. “I can wait, I promise. Please believe me. When it’s time, when you’re ready? It’ll be wonderful between us. I know that, please, you know it too, okay?”

“Okay,” Buffy nodded and pulled Spike’s head down so their lips could meet in a sweet kiss.


‘End of Flashback’


Buffy stared at the reflection of herself in the mirror and whispered “I ‘am’ ready,” with a soft, feminine smile.

Spike waited, nervously, for his girl, Buffy Summers to come down the staircase of her parents’ home. He felt totally out of place, dressed up, in a suit, for God’s sake, but he had to do it. Buffy wanted to go the Homecoming dance and there was a good chance she’d be crowned queen, so…

‘I supposed that bloody pillock cousin of mine will be King,’ Spike thought, resentfully, as he sat, trying to ignore Dawn Summers’ stares and giggles. ‘Especially after ‘he’ personally won the game last night. Asshole,’ Spike snorted to himself.

“Dawn, that’s enough,” Hank warned his precocious adopted daughter. “This is a big night for William and your sister, behave yourself or go to your room,” the older man ended with a stern scowl at the ten-year-old girl.

“Yes, Dad,” Dawn pretended to yawn, but hid a quick grin behind her hand. “It’s just that Spike looks so different, all dressed up and everyting. You look nice, Spike, honest,” the young girl nodded, seriously, “just different, for you I mean,” she ended with another quick giggle.

“Oh! Here’s Buffy!” Dawn leapt up from her chair and hurried to the bottom of the staircase to watch her idol sweep down the steps.

Spike stood up, in complete awe, as he watched his beautiful lady walk down the stairs of her house. Buffy looked like a queen to Spike, in her long, pink silk dress and her gorgeous hair piled high on top of her head. Long silky, loose tendrils of her locks were curled and allowed to flow down her cheeks and neck.

“You look amazing, Princess,” Spike gasped as he met Buffy at the bottom of the stairs. “Like and Angel,” he added, breathily.

“You look good too,” Buffy giggled as she looked her guy over, with admiration.

After the traditional, obligatory pictures were taken, which embarrassed the hell out of Spike, the couple left quickly. They were to meet Xander and Anya at the school parking lot.

Buffy hoped that she had some private time, to talk with Anya about her decision. Only Anya would understand and help Buffy with some good advice about what was going to happen after the dance. At least, Buffy hoped it was going to happen, tonight, that is.

The gym was decorated like Heaven and the theme was ‘Teen Angel’ again.

“Jesus,” Xander hissed, “wasn’t this the theme for Homecoming, two years ago?”

“No, that was Prom,” Anya snipped, a bit put out because she had been on this year’s Homecoming committee and helped decorate.

“It’s beautiful, Anya,” Buffy whispered and patted her best friend’s arm. “You look beautiful too,” Buffy added with a warm smile.

“All of us do,” Xander chuckled loudly, “we’re so damned pretty that we should be on the cover of Look Magazine. I could…”

“Put a lid on it Harris,” Anya growled lowly at her boyfriend.

“Yes, sweetheart,” Xander mumbled contritely.

“Look, there’s Willow and Oz!” Buffy gushed as she hurried over to the couple. “You guys look great,” Buffy giggled when she glanced a very uncomfortable looking Oz.

“He hates the suit,” Willow sighed, “even though I had to choose it for him. Oz thinks that suits and ties are for the ‘establishment’ and we should buck the system.”

Before Willow could go into a full on discourse of the fledgling social revolution, Buffy waved for her group to join them.

“You still look great, both of you,” Buffy repeated with conviction.

The dance was in full swing by the time Spike and Buffy had arrived. Spike led Buffy out on the dance floor and began to sway, slowly, to the music that played. He was nervous, because the thought that Angel might be King, with Buffy as Queen was really eating at him. It had been most of the last week, since Sunday dinner at the Summers’ house.


Strains of ‘Teen Angel’ began to play, softly through the gym and various couples joined Spike and Buffy on the dance floor. There were stars on the ceiling, faux clouds everywhere and silver and gold glitter strewn about the building.

Buffy rested her head on Spike’s strong shoulder, savoring the feel of his arms wrapped tightly about her waist. She held onto to him tightly, too, thinking about what she was going to ‘give him’ after this whole Homecoming dance thing was over.


‘Teen Angel’ (By Mark Dinning/1960)


‘Teen Angel, teen angel, teen angel, ooh, ooh,’

‘That fateful night the car was stalled upon the railroad track,
I pulled you out and we were safe, but you went running back.

Chorus:

Teen angel, can you hear me?
Teen angel, can you see me?
Are you somewhere up above?
And I am still your own true love?

What was it youwere looking for that took your life that
Night?
They said they found my high school ring clutched in your
Fingers tight…

Chorus:


Just sweet sixteen, and now you’re gone
They’ve taken you away,
I’ll never kiss your lips again,
They buried you today…’

Chorus”

When the song finished, Johnathan Levy, Sunnydale’s head cheerleader appeared on the podium.

“Everybody,” he announced, over the speaker, “quiet down now,” he ordered with a huge grin. “It’s time to announce our King and Queen of the dance.”

“He looks great,” Anya giggled, as she pointed at Johnathan, her and Buffy’s friend. “The suit fits him fine and he’s here with Amy Stevenson.”

Buffy nodded and then shushed her best friend, “let’s hear this,” the blond girl smiled. A part of Buffy didn’t want to win the Queen’s spot, even though a small part of her did. She knew Spike would never win King, Angel was a shoe in, especially after last night’s winning pass at the game.

“The King, this year at the Teen Angel Homecoming is…” Johnathan began mysteriously. “Oh,” the teen shook his head, ruefully, “this is such a surprise…Angel Crawford.”


Everyone broke out into clapping and Angel tried to look ‘surprised’ as he headed towards the podium to join Johnathan and wait for his Queen to be announced.

‘Christ,’ Spike hissed to himself, ‘if he thinks he’s going to kiss Buffy in congratulations or even dance with her? He’s got another thing comin’. I’ll rip his bloody stupid head off and…’

Johnathan cleared his throat and stared out at the audience as he slowly opened the white envelope in his small hands. “Our Queen, this year, for Teen Angel Homecoming is….

Cordelia Chase!”


The gym broke into wild applause with Buffy clapping the loudest of anyone.

‘Thank God!’ Buffy sighed in relief.

“Sorry, baby,” Spike whispered in his girl’s ear, “I know you wanted to win.”

“Nah, not really,” Buffy murmered, honestly. “I’m glad Cordelia won, and Angel. Just think,” Buffy smirked, “how uncomfortable old Angel’s going to be now? I mean, he used Cordy, dumped her and then showed up at this dance with Harmony Kendall? This is just too rich and ironic, don’t you think?” She giggled uncontrollably and buried her head into Spike’s chest.

“Yeah,” Spike chuckled, “I can’t wait to see Angel’s face when he ‘has’ to dance with Cordelia Chase. It’ll be worth coming here for, just to see the ponce in a spot like this one.”

Anya walked up to the couple and took Buffy by the arm. “You should have won,” the brunette girl huffed at her friend. “It was a fix, I know it and…”

“It’s okay, Anya, honest,” Buffy laughed, “I’m glad for Cordelia. But,” she continued with a serious look, “I do have to go to the powder room. Will you go with?” she asked her friend, motioning with her chin to door of the gym.

“You betcha’ I will,” Anya grinned and took Buffy by the arm again. “Let’s go to the one just outside of the gym, in the next building. I can’t stand these phonies that’ll probably be hogging the gym’s bathroom. They’re so…”

Spike and Xander watched their dates walk, arm-in-arm outside of the gym.

“You know,” Xander began, puzzled, “I wonder what in the hell those girls talk about together. In the head, out of our earshot?”

“Who knows,” Spike shrugged and laughed, “but I do know that I need a cigarette and we’ll have to hide out in the Quad to smoke. As for our girls and their gossip? It’s about us, you know that, hopefully something really wicked, huh?” (*Note: wicked at this time was slang for something really good)

Buffy and Anya hurried into the dark drama building, just next to the gym and sought out the unlocked girls bathroom. With a quick check around the small area, the girls were satisfied that they were complete alone in there.

“What’s up?” Anya asked with a grin, “something’s going on in that pretty head of yours, Summers,” she added.

“Yeah,” Buffy stammered with a blush, “something is and I need to ask you some things, okay?” She began to play with the strap of her tiny evening hand bag as she focused on the mirror in front of them.

“I,” Buffy began quietly, “I wanted to ask you about well, you know…” Buffy felt her face turn bright red and she sighed deeply.

“You wanted to ask me about what? Sex?” Anya grinned mischieviously.

“Anya,” Buffy gasped, “you’re so, well, you’re so very…”

“Honest?” Anya giggled, causing Buffy to join in.

“Yeah, you’re that,” Buffy chuckled warmly. “It’s why I like you so much.”

“You’re going to go all the way, with Spike, tonight, right?” Anya asked, knowingly. “You want to know what to expect, your first time? Is that it, sweetie?”

“Uh huh,” Buffy stuttered, embarrassed, suddenly to be discussing something so private, even with Anya.

“It’s going to hurt like heck, the first time, honey. I won’t lie to you.” Anya scowled briefly, then smiled softly. “Then it’s going to feel like heaven.”

“Oh,” Buffy sighed fearfully. “I guess I knew it would hurt, but…”

“Do you have protection?” Anya asked bluntly.

“Protection?” Buffy asked, confused.

“Rubbers, honey,” Anya shook her head and reached for her own evening bag.

“What’s…”

“Look,” Anya reached into her purse and pulled out a couple of flat, silver foil covered tiny packages and handed them to Buffy.

“The guy puts these on over his dick, before he’s inside you. Remember that, this has always got to be on, from start to finish, for it to work,” Anya said matter-of-factly.

“Oh, Anya,” Buffy gasped, “I couldn’t just hand these to Spike and say ‘put these on’ or no dice!” Buffy felt sick for a minute.

“Well,” Anya sighed, “I don’t think Spike will have any, Buffy. He respects and loves you too much to just carry a bunch around with him, in case you cave in? This way,” she continued, “then ‘you’ll’ be prepared and you two can go at it like bunnies. If he wonders why you have them, just tell him you got them from me. That they’re Xanders. Heck, the first time Xand and I did it? I had to go and buy the damn things myself. That’s why I keep Xander’s rubbers with me. He’d forget his head if it wasn’t attached and…”

“Okay, I get it,” Buffy mumbled, embarrassed again at her friend’s bluntness.

“Look sweetie,” Anya began again, “you love Spike and he loves you, right?”

Buffy nodded quickly.

“Then it’s going to be okay, I promise. When Xander and I did it the first time, my guy was really gentle with me. I was a virgin, it hurt, for a little while, but Xander was so good about it. He was so tender and gentle, because he loves me, Buffy. Just like Spike loves you and he’ll be good to you too. I know it.”

“I know that Xander talks about our sex life, to his best friend,” Anya nodded. “And, that’s okay, because sometimes guys need to talk about things too, with each other. Xander loves me and I love him, so I know that he’s taking care of me right. There’s no reason that you can’t tell Spike that you got those from Xander and me. He’ll be glad, I know he will, okay?”

“Okay,” Buffy whispered softly, slipping the ‘rubber’ thingys into her purse.

“Anya,” Buffy whispered, “you’re the bestest friend a girl ever had.” She leaned in and hugged the taller brunette to her, tightly.

“No, you are the bestest friend a girl could ever have,” Anya chuckled warmly and again took her friend by the arm. “Let’s go find our guys,” she ordered evenly, “I suppose they’re out hiding in the Quad and smoking their guts out. I hate those damn cigarettes, but, if you love the guy? You love his faults, huh?”

Buffy ran smack into Spike, waiting out in the Quad for her. She motioned for Anya to go into the gym and find Xander.

“Just as well,” Anya huffed with indignation, “that little slut, Nancy Snyder has been sniffing around my Xander for weeks. She thinks she’s going to take him away from me, you know? Heck, I’ll rip her bottled blond hair out of her stupid head if she even gets within ten feet of my guy. I…”

Buffy watched her friend walk off, quickly, and head into the big gym. “I love that girl,” she giggled warmly and cuddled into Spike.

“Xander worships her,” Spike chuckled, “she’s got no worries about some other chit taken’ him away from her.”

“I know that. She knows it too,” Buffy grinned up at her boyfriend. “She just likes the drama.”

“So,” Spike sighed and sat on a bench, pulling Buffy onto his lap. “You’re staying the night with Anya, tonight, after the dance?” He gazed into Buffy’s wide green eyes.

Buffy had told her dad and Joyce that she was to spend the night with Anya, a kind of after dance slumber party. The truth was, Anya’s folks were out for the night and wouldn’t be home until early tomorrow morning. They had no idea that Buffy ‘intended’ on staying with their daughter at their house.

“No,” Buffy whispered, guiltily, snuggling down into Spike’s warm lap. “The truth is, baby,” she stammered nervously, “is that I ‘may’ end up at the Jenkins house, way later tonight, but first,” she paused and blushed bright red. “I thought maybe, you and me could, you know?”

“You know?” Spike asked, puzzled, briefly. “Oh,” he whispered in delighted shock, “that you know?” His blue eyes lit up like a Christmas Tree and he pulled Buffy’s chin up so their eyes could meet. He saw the fear, the insecurity in them, but he saw something else. Passion.

“Buffy,” he murmered as he glanced about, making sure there weren’t any chaperones about, to bust them for kissing and snuggling. “Are you saying what I think your saying, baby?” He nuzzled his warm lips into her soft neck and breathed in her special scent of lavendar and vanilla.

“I thought, maybe,” Buffy began, shyly, “that we could maybe go somewhere, be alone together? For a long time?” She looked away from him, suddenly bashful.

“I’d like that,” Spike murmered, his voice husky with desire. “But, I don’t, I mean. I don’t have any protection, Princess,” he admitted, finally, his voice tinged with disappointment. Spike hung his head and felt misery overwhelm ‘him’ now, even if his dick was as hard as a rock. With Buffy snuggled in his lap, her sexy little bum rubbing against his cock? He was a lost cause and to not have the means they needed to be careful?

“I have some rubber ‘thingys’ that someone gave me,” Buffy blurted out suddenly.

Spike reared back and looked at his girl, shocked, but frankly, quite pleased. “Rubber thingys?” asked trying not to chuckle at the adorbly embarrassed look on his love’s face.

“Uh huh,” Buffy sighed shyly, “they’re Xander’s. Anya gave me a couple and told me to keep them. She says that you know about her and Xander, you know, going all the way with each other. I wanted to please you,” Buffy suddenly became very defensive, her insecurity reared up and she buried her head into Spike’s chest.

“You do please me, baby,” Spike murmered, running his long fingers down Buffy’s bare arms. “And I want to ‘do’ that with you, tonight. If you’re sure that you are really ready for this?”

Spike raised her chin, gently, once again and met her loving gaze with his own. He saw, immediately, in the depths of her emerald eyes, that his Buffy was indeed very ready to be with him, totally.

“I love you,” Spike whispered, desperately kissing Buffy’s lush lips with his hungry ones.

“Love you,” Buffy repeated back to him.

“Your folks, they’re still up at their cabin, right?” Buffy blushed again, but this time she did not look away from Spike.

“Yes,” Spike whispered, kissing her cheek, then her jaw, then her lips again.

“Can we go to your house, please?” Buffy asked shyly. “I want our first time together to so special and…”

“Yes,” Spike blurted out, excitedly, “we’ll go to my house. Have it all to ourselves. I want to make love to you, Buffy,” he whimpered softly. “All night.”


A/N: Well, I dropped the ball on this one. I really intended on writing the whole Spuffy sex scene and everything in this chapter. However, I felt the chapter had gotten too long, so…

I just had to use ‘Teen Angel’ for a title and theme in this chapter. When I was at Church Camp (at 16) the guys did this song for the last night, our talent show. They wore leather jackets and the whole bit, sang it and acted it out kind of tongue-in-cheek. When they finished, we were rolling in the aisles. (Hard to do, really, my Church camp was on Catalina Island and the aisles were sand!) Anyway, I always remember that song, from camp, and just had to use it in this story!

The ‘first time’ for our Spike and Buffy will be in the next chapter ‘This Magic Moment’ and will be, hopefully, quite tender and lovely. Thank you for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf
This Magic Moment by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you to everyone reading this. The reviews are lovely and I am thrilled with them.
After this chapter, things will get a smidge angstsy, but Spuffy will prevail.
YOU NEVER CAN TELL



Chapter 9: ‘This Magic Moment’


A/N: Thank you to everyone reading this. The reviews are just lovely and I’m so thrilled that people are enjoying this story.


Spike drove along the highway, his Buffy snuggled next to him. Her head was resting on his shoulder and it made Spike feel like he was all powerful.

They were going to make love, finally, tonight. His girl, his Princess Buffy and him. Everything was going to come together, tonight. Spike felt like he was in Heaven, already, even though they hadn’t even gotten to their ultimate destination. His house.

After Buffy had told him that she wanted to go all the way tonight, Spike and her had returned to the gym. Making their way up to Xander and Anya, Buffy had excused herself and Spike.

Before they could leave, however, Xander had motioned for Spike to join him in the Quad ‘for a smoke’ and a little conversation.


‘Flashback to earlier in the evening/Spike’s POV’


“Listen, man,” Xander began, nervously, smoking his cigarette and avoiding his best friend’s gaze. “I know what’s going on tonight, and don’t even fucking get pissed about my girl telling me. She’s only trying to protect Buffy, okay?”

Spike noticed that Xander had the most serious expression he’d ever seen on his dark haired friend’s big face. “I mean this, Spike,” Xander continued, sternly.

“I know you,” Xander went on, his deep voice sounded almost ‘manly’ to Spike. “I know you’re no novice to sex and I know the kinds of girls you’ve been with. They weren’t virgins, any of them, right?”

Spike nodded, sheepishly. For some reason, he the blond teen was suddenly ashamed of his wild oats he’d sown. Before he had began seeing Buffy that is. Since then he hadn’t even looked at another girl in ‘that’ way.

“Okay,” Xander nodded, knowingly. “Like I told you before, when Anya and I did it, the first time? She was a virgin, too, so I’m going to give you a little advice here. Be gentle, huh?”

All of a sudden, Spike saw his best friend in a new light. Xander seemed almost ‘mature’ for once and he certainly seemed compassionate and caring. Something one never equated with Xander Harris.

With a slight smile, Spike nodded, silently. He took a deep drag of his smoke and tossed the butt out onto the Quad ground.

“I love Buffy,” Spike declared, softly. “I’d never hurt her, not intentionally.”

“I know,” Xander replied, “but it still doesn’t change the fact that physically? You’re going to hurt her, a lot, Spike. Just don’t hurt her emotionally. Okay?”

Spike shook his blond head and sighed deeply, “I’d rather die myself then hurt Buffy. You know that Xander.”

“Again, friend,” Xander answered quickly, “I know that. Besides,” the dark haired teen grinned widely, “I’ll rip your balls off if you hurt my cousin. Right?”

“Right,” Spike chuckled. “I’ll let you, if I hurt Buffy, I mean,” he added quickly.


‘End of flashback’


Spike pulled his car into his driveway and turned off the engine. He realized that Buffy had been totally silent the whole way to his house.

“Buffy,” he whispered, pulling her little body to his, tightly. “If you don’t want to do this, please tell me now. We can just…”

“I want to,” Buffy murmered. She shocked him by placing her petite hand on his trouser covered cock. “Please,” she whispered, huskily. “Don’t you want to?” she asked in a breathy voice.

“God, yes,” Spike whimpered, pulling her head closer to his and crashing his lips to hers.

“Let’s go inside,” Buffy panted.

They hurried into the Giles’ house and Spike quickly led Buffy up to his bedroom. Just as they entered the room itself, he stopped and asked, suddenly, “are you hungry or something?”

Buffy burst out into gleeful laughter and shook her head. “Not even,” she giggled. “I ate at the dance, you know that, silly.”

“Right,” Spike mumbled and looked around his room, embarrassed that it wasn’t grander then it was. Buffy deserved the best, especially tonight, and this bedroom just was not posh enough for her.

“Sorry for the mess and all,” Spike stated, his nervousness apparent to his girl.

“It’s fine,” Buffy assured him as she placed her little hands on his stomach and pulled his shirt out of his trousers. “This is definitely in the way,” she said, coyly, glancing up at him under her dark lashes.

“Buffy,” Spike gasped as he pulled her flush to his body and kissed her, passionately.

“Spike,” Buffy murmered her response while her guy backed her to his double bed and lay her down on it. He stretched out next to her and began to stroke her tiny, warm frame with his long fingers.

All the while Spike kissed Buffy, touched her through pink silk and whispered sweet words into her ear.

When they had finally undressed each other and lay naked together, Spike began to stroke Buffy’s bare skin with his hands. He tried to be as gentle, yet passionate as he could.

‘Don’t scare her,’ he ordered himself sternly. ‘Control yourself, ponce. Make sure she’s totally ready for this and for God’s sake, try not to hurt her, too much anyway.’ Spike realized, sadly, that no matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t keep from hurting his baby, physically, at first anyway.

He gazed at her in awe and ran his lips down her neck to her breasts. Taking in her half-closed green eyes, her lush mouth, and the way her nipples puckered and just begged to be kissed? Spike knew he’d have to have her, soon, or he’d explode into a thousand pieces.

“You’re beautiful, my love,” he murmered, huskily, as he ran his lips over her right breast. His hands skimmed along her tummy and made their way to her light brown curls that covered her sweet cunny.

“Mmmm,” she panted softly, “so are you.” Buffy stroked Spike’s neck and back with her perfectly manicured, pink nails. She placed whispy, kitten kisses on his lips, jaw and neck. When he least expected it, she began to lick his nipples with her warm, wet tongue.

“Jesus, Buffy!” Spike whimpered in pleasure at her ministrations to his chest. “That’s…”

He didn’t finish, because while he stroked and petted her cunny, tenderly? His Buffy was running her tiny hand over his cock, carefully carressing every inch of it, gently.

“Does that feel good?” Buffy asked, innocently. Her eyes were wide and just the slightest bit insecure, Spike thought. But the love that shone in them made his heart skip three beats.

“It’s perfect,” he gasped again when she tugged, tenderly on his shaft. His own eyes radiated the love and feelings that he had for his Buffy.

“Mine,” he murmered, lovingly, continuing the gently sweep of his hand over her wet center.

“Yours,” Buffy replied softly, stroking his cock, lovingly.

“You are mine, too, huh?” Buffy asked in a barely audible voice.

“Always,” Spike answered with another gasp. He was so close to cumming and God help him, he wanted to cum inside of his precious love.

“Buffy,” Spike halted her little hand from her mission and cupped her cheek with his left hand. “I want you,” he said, trying to put all of his love and devotion into those three simple words.

“I want you,” Buffy repeated, hazily. And she did, but she was scared, even still. It was going to hurt, she knew it and it terrified her for some reason.

Buffy reached for the little evening purse she’d brought with her and pulled out the neatly wrapped rubber thingys from inside. With a shy blush, she handed one to Spike and he quickly opened the packaged. For some reason, Buffy just had to watch her soon to be lover put the odd looking thing over his huge, but very lovely penis.

‘Penis,’ Buffy thought to herself, ‘What an odd thing to call it. Why the heck would someone name it a penis?’

“Lay back, baby,” Spike murmered softly to Buffy as he pushed her, genltly back onto the bed. He positioned himself between her long lovely legs. While he kissed her mouth, hungrily, Spike pushed, gently inside of her.

‘Oh fuck!’ he moaned silently, afraid he’d frighten her with a vocal outburst. ‘She feels like Heaven!’

Almost as soon as he had entered Buffy’s sweet wet center, Spike hit the barrier that he knew he’d have to break.

‘Oh, God,’ he nearly whimpered outloud, ‘I’m going to hurt her. She’s gonna’ cry and it’s gonna’ break my heart and…’

Spike felt Buffy trembling beneath him, and he stopped short of pushing through her virginity. He couldn’t tell if she was shaking in passion or fear.

“Baby?” he whispered, looking deeply into her green eyes. “What is it?” Although he knew exactly what ‘it’ was.

“I’m scared,” Buffy stammered, tiny traitorous tears began to fall from her eyes. “You’re going to hurt me, aren’t you?” She stared at him, accusingly, with a pout on her sweet lips.

“Yes,” he answered honestly, collapsing on top of her, but careful not to squash her tiny frame. “It’s going to hurt, baby. We don’t have to…”

“No!” Buffy yelped, “I want to. Please, Will, please make love to me. Just…”

“I love you,” Spike murmered for about the hundredth time that night. “I don’t want to hurt you, ever. I want you, want to make love to you and…”

Before he could say another word, Buffy clasped his butt with her tiny, powerful hands and thrust his whole lower body into her.

Spike felt the barrier that had kept them apart tear completely away, as the love of his life buried her scream of pain into his shoulder.

“I love you,” Buffy gasped with a teary, strained voice.

“Oh, God, Buffy,” Spike choked out, weakly as he lay perfectly still, inside of her tiny body. He felt his own tears begin to trickle from his eyes, but let them fall down his cheeks anyway.

“I’m okay,” Buffy whispered hoarsely, “just wait a bit, please, all right?”

Spike nodded and began to place more tender kisses on her face with his damp lips. He stayed still, waiting for Buffy’s okay to begin the age old dance that bonds two people together, spiritually. At least, it would his Buffy and him. Forever, that was for sure.

“Now,” Buffy finally whispered in quiet awe as she began to thrust her own lower body against his. “Oh, now, Will, please,” she finished with a sexy little sigh.

Spike stopped kissing her, briefly, and looked deep into her gorgeous emerald green eyes. He could feel his love and want for her shine from his own blue ones.

Buffy smiled at him, lovingly, through her drying tears of pain. “Now,” she whispered again, “please, Will.”

He began to thrust into her, gently, not wanting to be too aggressive with her, for the first time, anyway. Buffy met every one of his tender thrusts with her own and soon they began to move together like a sweet ballet. All the while, Spike kissed his lover, alternating between passion and tenderness.

The whole time, he worshipped Buffy. Worshipped her sweet, warm body, her mouth with his. Even kissed that funny little nose of hers, affectionately. But he worshipped her, the whole time. Like he always would forever more.

“I’m close,” Spike moaned into Buffy’s warm ear, “so close, baby. Want you to cum. Please cum for me, sweetheart. I love you so much and…”

“Now,” Buffy gasped, and Spike could feel the tightening of her hidden muscles as he began to thrust just a little harder inside of her, hot wetness.

“I love you,” Spike roared as he came, violently.

“I love you,” Buffy whimpered her release at the same time.

When they were finished, this time, Spike collapsed on top of his precious love and just held her tightly. Their hearts beat like drums, together, their bodies slicked by their love making.

Finally, Buffy murmered, dreamily, “that was…”

“Amazing,” Spike finished for her. He rolled onto his back and positioned her on top of him, holding her tightly to his sweat soaked body.

“That,” Buffy sighed deeply, with half closed eyes, “was…”

“Magic,” Spike finished her thought again. His own eyes were wide open and he was gazing, lovingly, at the precious treasure he held in his arms.

“I need to go get rid of this…” Spike began, reluctant to get up out of bed.

“I know,” Buffy giggled softly, “you need to get rid of the thingy, right?”

“Right,” Spike chuckled as he gently slid Buffy onto her side and hopped up from the bed. He returned from the bathroom quickly with a damp cloth for her.

After she cleaned up, best as she could, Spike and Buffy lay together, their arms and bodies entwined.

“Thank you,” Spike whispered, nuzzling her sweet neck with his mouth, licking and sucking anywhere and everywhere he could on her sweet skin.

“Thank you,” she mumbled, a warm blush on her pretty face. He kissed her, passionately.

“Will,” Buffy murmered again, softly, “will you say something really pretty for me? A poem, maybe?”

He groaned, briefly, then propped himself up on his left arm and gazed into her beautiful green eyes. Spike saw his love and adoration for Buffy, reflected back at him in those emerald orbs.

“I’ll try,” he replied with a blush. “I’m not too good at this so, please don’t hold it against me later, huh?”

Buffy shook her head, a serious look on her face, “never,” she answered, honestly. She snuggled into him and waited, patiently, for his words of poetry.

‘For her gait if she be walking,
Be she sitting, I desire her
For her state’s sake and admire her
For her wit, if she be talking.
Gait and state and wit, approve her,
For, which all and each…
I love her’

“Oh, God,” Spike groaned and began to laugh at himself. “I’m such a nancy boy, and…”

“No,” Buffy giggled with a cute pout, “it was beautiful Will. Who wrote it?”

“It’s called Song, by William Browne,” he admitted, finally. “It reminds me of you for some reason. You’re such a little stately thing and…”

Buffy clasped his face in her two hands and pulled it down to meet her lips. She kissed him as passionately as she could, overjoyed that he kissed her back the same way.

Finally, when ‘that’ magic kissing moment had passed, she pulled back and gazed at his loving blue eyes, coyly.

“Will?” Buffy murmered, so low that he had to strain to hear her. “Do you think we can do ‘it’ again?” She began to giggle.


‘This Magic Moment’ (By The Drifters)


‘This magic moment, so different and so new
Was like any other until I kissed you
And then it happened, it took me by surprise
I knew that you felt it too, by the look in your eyes

Sweeter then wine
Softer than the summer night
Everything I want, I have
Whenever I hold you tight

This magic moment, while your lips are close to mine
Will last forever, forever till the end of time




A/N: Uhhhggg! That was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to write! Ohhhh, I’m so embarrassed! Like I’ve said before, I’m either crude or corny with the sex scenes.

Okay, next chapter…it’s tentively entitled ‘One Hand, One Heart’ from ‘West Side Story’ and ‘that’ may make more sense in upcoming chapters.

Thanks for reading and please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 10: 'One Hand, One Heart' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you to everyone reading this.
Thanks for reviews.
This is the 'twist' in the plot line.
YOU NEVER CAN TELL



Chapter 10: ‘One Hand, One Heart’


A/N: A little note here; I know that on BTVS, Buffy’s birthday was around January 18th. In this fiction, for plot’s sake, her birthday will be April 14th (SMG’s actual Birthday). It’s no big deal, at least not for a chapter or two from now, but it’s important to note that Buffy, in this fic? She will not be 18 until April 14th.


Buffy sat in her English class, trying very hard to concentrate on Mrs. Walsh’s lecture on ‘conjugated’ verbs. The problem was, every time the teacher said ‘conjugated’ Buffy thought about ‘conjugal’ and it ‘conjured’ up visions of her and Spike making love.

Spike wasn’t haven’t any easier time of it. Every time the Physics teacher blathered on about some stupid equasion, etc., Spike thought about Spike plus Buffy equals shagging and…

The simple fact was, that the two lovers cherished their alone time together and could not bear to be apart. Whenever they could sneak off and be alone, Spike and Buffy would immediately fall into a pattern of heavy necking. This would lead to extreme petting, which inevitably led to love making. Not such a bad thing, for either of them, right?

History class, for Spike and Buffy, was the most painful one for either of them. They had the same class, except that Spike was banished to the back of the classroom, while Buffy set up front. This way, they were together, yet painfully apart, physically and it proved to be difficult for them both to pay attention in class.

This lovely Friday afternoon, November 22, 1963, Buffy was finding it hard to concentrate on the Battle New Orleans. She could feel her lover’s gaze, concentrated on the back of her long, sleek neck. Every minute or so, Buffy would turn her head, slightly, to sneak a peek at her Spike. Buffy was always rewarded to find her love’s searing blue eyes, trained on her, a naughty smirk on his handsome mouth.

‘Can’t wait to get you alone, Princess,’ Spike thought, wishing Buffy could truly read his mind. ‘Tonight, after the stupid game? I’m gonna take you someplace secluded, make love to you until…’

Buffy blushed and turned to ‘try’ and concentrate on what the History teacher, Mr. Merrick, was blabbering on about. This was difficult because Buffy was sure she could read Spike’s very thoughts and they just made her all wiggly inside.

“The British miscalculated when they attacked the center of New Orleans,” Mr. Merrick was droning on and on. “They never understood that the Americans had prepared for their attack and, William Giles? Would you mind taking your eyes off of your lady love, Miss Summers and paying attention to me?” The teacher frowned at the fair haired teen male and shook his head in disgust.

The entire class broke out into riotous laughter and Buffy blushed bright red. She forced herself not to turn and look at her boyfriend, who no doubt, was as red as she was.

“Mr. Merrick,” Rupert Giles, the librarian, interrupted the teacher’s classroom, from the doorway. The students immediately quieted, no doubt they could see the seriousness in Mr. Giles’ expression.

“Mr. Giles,” Merrick smiled, although he was clearly disturbed at being interrupted.

“I need to make an announcement, Merrick,” Giles mumbled, his voice sounded strained and Spike’s father was clearly upset.

Buffy turned to look at Spike, who returned her gaze, his blue eyes confused and worried.

“Children,” Giles stood straight up in front of the classroom, clearing his throat quickly.

“I have some terrible, disturbing news and I want you all to listen carefully.” Giles glanced at his son. It was then that Spike realized that his father had been crying at some time in the day.

“Dad?” Spike murmered, suddenly beginning to feel terribly frightened. A feeling he was not used to.

“It was announced, just a few minutes ago,” Giles began, choking up a little. “That our President, John F. Kennedy was declared dead from a gunshot wound to his head. He…”

The classroom broke out in pandamonium, while Spike stood up and hurried over to Buffy’s seat. Without a thought, Spike swept Buffy up into his arms and cuddled her closely to his body.

“Children, please,” Giles began to plead with the classroom, “quiet, please now.”

“Mr. Merrick,” Giles addressed the teacher, who stood, stunned next to the librarian. “The class needs to be dismissed, immediately.”

Giles addressed the classroom, that had suddenly become silent as a tomb.

“Go home,” the librarian stated simply, “go home, immediately. All school activities have been postponed until further notice.”

“William, Buffy,” Giles gazed at his son and his slip of a girlfriend, “come with me, please.”

Later, at Buffy’s house, Rupert, Jennifer, Spike, Buffy, Joyce and Dawn waited for Hank to get home from work. When Mr. Summers arrived at the house, Buffy noted that it was only the second time she had ever seen her father crying in any way. The first time had been when they buried her mother, Elizabeth.

“Daddy?” Buffy whispered when Hank walked into the house and immediately headed to the bar to make himself a drink. He glanced at his eldest daughter, sympathetically, and turned to the ice and liquer on the bar.

“Scotch, isn’t Rupert?” Hank nodded at Giles, sullenly.

“Yes,” Rupert muttered, taking his wife’s hands in his. “Make it a double, will you Hank?”

Hank nodded again and fixed himself a scotch also. He then poured wine for Joyce and Jennifer and motioned for Buffy to get sodas for the kids.

“I suppose they’re dancing in the streets of Havana, eh, Giles,” Hank mumbled in a resentful tone.

“Oh, I don’t know about that, Hank,” Rupert sighed sadly. “I wonder sometimes just how much we really know about world events. Seem to only consider them when they affect us, personally.”

“Jackie,” Buffy began, quietly, “her pretty pink dress. It was covered with her husband’s brains and…” Buffy began to cry, softly and buried her head into Spike’s shoulder.

“Mr. Summers, Dad?” Spike murmered as he tried to comfort his girl, “I’d like to take Buffy for a drive out. Get her into the fresh air and…”

“Son, I don’t think that’s a good idea,” Rupert frowned slightly. “Buffy’s parents might want her home, with them tonight.”

“I don’t think so, William,” Hank agreed with Rupert. “Buffy should be home with us. We’ll…”

Joyce broke into the male conversation, “I think Buffy and William should go out and get some fresh air. It’s too depressing in here, and everywhere I suspect. Don’t you think that they should go out, take a drive. Up the coast maybe?” Joyce smiled softly at Buffy and Spike.

“It’ll do them some good to get out, get away from all of this bad news on the television and radio. I’ll make us some supper, something simple and then they can go for a drive. What do you think Hank?”

Hank Summers could never resist his second wife’s requests so he nodded, slowly and shrugged. “Probably would do them some good, dear,” he finally agreed. “What do you say, Rupert? Don’t you think the kids should get out and about for a few hours?”

“I think they should,” Jennifer Giles piped in. “Let them enjoy the evening and escape this darkness.”

“Yes,” Rupert agreed with his wife, “it’ll do them some good.”

Dawn, who had been sitting watching the events unfolding on the television, glanced up at her mother, Joyce. “Who’s the President now, mom?” she asked quietly.


Spike drove his DeSoto up the 101 Highway, his Buffy snuggled next to him. He stared straight ahead as they drove into the darkness of the coast highway. The entire road looked deserted, as did Sunnydale, when they drove out of the city limits.

Buffy hadn’t said much, on the way up the coast, and Spike let her sit in her solitude. He watched her from the corner of his eye, from time to time, and felt saddened by the look of loss on her pretty face.

‘She’s thinkin’ of her mother,’ he realized sympathetically. ‘This horror’s brought all the bad memories back for her. If they were ever gone that is,’ he noted sadly.

“Spike,” Buffy finally whispered softly, “can we pull over soon? There’s a little cove there,” she pointed to the cliffs, by the ocean’s shore, up ahead. “Can we go and walk on the sand. I’m sure no one else will be around and we could sit and talk, maybe?”

He pulled over, quickly and parked the car on the shoulder of the highway, next to the beach area. “Let’s go,” he murmered gently, taking her hand and leading her to the cliffs she’d pointed out.

They sat on some comfortable looking rocks, in silence, for a quite a while before Buffy finally spoke.

“It’s a nightmare,” she whispered in a harsh voice. “It reminds me of Mom, for some reason. She was alive one minute and just gone…the next. God,” Buffy began to cry and Spike pulled her tighter to him. “This world, it’s such a big mess and it’s not getting any better, is it, baby?” She gazed up at Spike, her green eyes filled with unshed tears.

“Yeah,” Spike muttered, “the world’s pretty jacked up baby,” he nodded and nuzzled her right cheek with his lips. “But know what?” he added, with a half smile. “We’ve got each other, you and me,” he lifted her chin with his finger and gazed into ther eyes.

“You and me, we’ve got each other Buffy. When this world gets so crazy that you think you can’t take no more? Remember, you’ve got me, always.” Spike gazed into Buffy’s green eyes, lovingly, and kissed her mouth tenderly. “We’re one hand, one heart, Buffy,” he added, seriously. “Always.”

Buffy looked into Spike’s blue eyes, adoringly, “we’ve got each other,” she repeated softly.


Spike wrapped his arms about Buffy, tightly, and took her right hand in his. He held her so close to him that she could hardly breathe properly.

“I need to breathe, honey,” Buffy giggled lightly.

“Sorry,” he mumbled, sheepishly, but held her tight still. Just allowing her enough space to get in some much needed breaths.

He was feeling pretty guilty because even though he knew just how upset and sad Buffy was? Spike had brought some rubbers with him, just in case she might feel like making love tonight, anyway.

Spike began to kiss Buffy, tenderly, then more passionately. He ran his hands down her trembling arms and waist, to her slim hips.

“I need you,” he whispered in a husky voice.

“I need you,” Buffy replied in a soft voice.

“Take the pain away,” Buffy added in a barely audible voice. “I need you to take the pain and fear away, please Will,” she mewled softly.

“Oh, God, Buffy,” Spike groaned as he pulled off his jacket tossed it on the sand. He laid Buffy down on the jacket, gently, and began to take off her shoes and jeans. “I love you so much,” he whispered.

Once he had her bottom half naked and ready, Spike stripped off his own jeans and underwear. He placed his pants next to them, so he could reach the rubbers in his pocket.

“Everything will be all right, huh, Will?” Buffy asked in a breathy voice as her lover began to kiss her mouth again. When he ran his tongue down her neck, Buffy moaned in desire and repeated her question. “Everything will be all right, won’t it, Will?”

“Yes,” Spike hissed as he ran his tongue down her neck to her breasts. He licked her right breast and nipple, then her left one.

“Buffy,” he rasped, “I want to make love to you, in a lot of ways. Can I?” he whimpered, looking up into her green eyes.

“I think that’s the general idea, Will,” she replied with a purely feminine giggle. She smiled down at her lover, admiring the way his blue eyes lit up when he looked at her.

“I mean,” Spike felt himself actually blush, “I want to make love to you, here,” he stammered as he touched her cunny with his fingers. “With my mouth,” he mumbled the words quickly to her, terribly embarrassed.

“Oh,” Buffy gasped, wide-eyed and shocked by Spike’s declaration.

‘Like the French?’ she thought, almost scandalized.

‘I’m an arse,’ Spike hissed, angry at himself for even suggesting such a thing. He’d never done this before, even. Never was with a girl who made him want to do it. Not until Buffy that is.

“Okay,” Buffy murmered softly, “I mean, I want you to. If you want to, that is.”

Spike grinned up at his girl and nodded, eagerly. “I do,” he said evenly. “I hope I do it right,” he added with a scowl.

“You will,” Buffy began to giggle, not being able to control herself. “You do everything right, William,” she smiled, lovingly, down at his handsome face.

“Okay then,” Spike muttered with determination, “I…”

Buffy wrapped her hands about Spike’s fair head and pulled it to her already wet core. “Just do already, kay?” she begged in a high squeaky voice.

Spike began to run his lips on Buffy’s cunny lips, savoring the warmth and softness of them. He’d felt her, plenty of times by now, with his hands and of course his cock. But his mouth? This was the first time he’d had the pleasure of tasting his Golden Goddess and he was going to make damn sure he did it right.


“Oh…” Buffy moaned as Spike licked and sucked her most private place. “That’s…” she panted, but was unable to finish her sentence. He had began to lick and suck her nubbin, the bud that Buffy had no idea what to call.

“OH, Will!” she gasped as he, encouraged by her pleasure, eagerly licked and sucked as much of her sweetness as he could. He could tell she was close and he had no intention of letting loose of her, this way, until his Buffy had cum, properly.

When she did, Spike lapped up her nectar, greedily and finally pulled himself up to lay on her precious body. He was greeted with a very satisfied, happy girlfriend, whose gorgeous green eyes were half closed in pleasure.

“That was wonderful,” she sighed and accepted his kiss, tasting herself on his lips.

“Yeah,” Spike chuckled, “you are amazing sweetheart.”

Buffy felt, rather then watched her guy reach into his pants pocket and pull out a foil wrapped package. She heard him tear the wrapper off of it and roll it over his long, hard male member.

Spike positioned himself in between Buffy’s thighs and thrust into her, gently. All the while he kissed her mouth and neck, lovingly.

After a few moments of mutual thrusts and moaning, Buffy cooed into his ear, “harder, baby.” Spike reared back and looked at his girl, in awe.

“I want it harder, please, baby,” she repeated, “In fact,” she panted, “I want you to lay on your back. I want to be on top this time. I’m going to ride you, baby. Hard and fast and…”

Buffy didn’t get a chance to finish her sentence as Spike rolled them over until he was on his back and she was on top of him. She began to ride his cock like a jockey on a horse.

‘I must be doing something right,’ she thought proudly as she watched the lust radiate from Will’s eyes. ‘He’s groaning and moaning more then usual.’

“Like that?” she asked coyly as she rocked on top of her lover and ran her hands down his shirt covered chest.

“Fuck yes!” Spike crowed wildly, bucking up into her. “Like it,” he chanted, “love you,” he added with a growl and pulled her body down to meet his.

They kissed passionately and Buffy began to feel her inner muscles twinge and quake about her man’s cock. She knew Will was close and she used it to her full advantage as she began to ride him even harder. Buffy was learning, quickly, about what pleased her guy and she had every intention of practicing on him, every chance she got.

“I’m gonna’ cum, sweet,” Spike cried out in ecstacy. “I’m gonna’ cum so hard and I want you to…”

“Me too,” Buffy hissed in reply, her head thrown back in pleasure. Especially when Will clasped her hips even tighter and began to ‘help’ her thrust up and down on his cock.

“Mine!” Spike roared as he came, pulling Buffy down to his body, yet again.

“Mine!” Buffy echoed with a scream, collapsing on top of her love, her William.

“Yours,” they whispered, together, as they came down from their sexual high.

They lay, Buffy on top of Spike, for what seemed like hours as they kissed and nuzzled each other, lovingly. Buffy finally lifted herself up and off of Spike and fell onto her back, moaning in a good way as she did.

Spike felt the loss of contact of his baby’s warm body, immediately, and he groaned for it. He forced himself to roll over on his side and discard the offending rubber, somewhere away from them.

It was when he reached down to pull the used condom from his dick, that Spike noticed something very important.

The rubber was still intact, true, over his cock, as it should be. Problem was? Sometime during their heated love making, the flawed condom had torn, right in the middle and Spike’s liquid spilled out from it.


November 22, 1963 proved to be a history altering moment in time, for the world, especially the United States. For Buffy and Spike, it would prove to be likewise, life-altering.



‘One Hand, One Heart’ (From West Side Story)


‘Make of our hands one hand
Make of our hearts one heart
Make of our vows one last vow
Only death will part us now

Make of our lives one life
Day after day one life


Now it begins, now we start
One hand, one heart
(Even) death won’t part us now.


A/N: Weird, huh? Kind of a personal bit of plot in there, so, bear with me.

Oh, ‘jacked’ for those of you that are not used to that slang word means: screwed up, a mess, etc.

Thank you for reading this and please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 11: 'Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you to everyone reading this and reviewing.
I 'm helping to chaperone a bus load of 12,13 and 14 year olds tomorrow to Magic Mountain...oh Help!
Anyway, I wanted to get this submitted tonight.
Thanks
YOU NEVER CAN TELL



Chapter 11: ‘Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree’


A/N: Please don’t let the ‘frivolous’ title of this chapter fool you. This is not a fun type chapter, nor is it a Holiday plotline, not really. Thanks, luv Spuf


‘Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree’ (by Brenda Lee)


‘Rockin’ around the Christmas Tree
At the Christmas Party Hop
Mistletoe hung where you can see
Every couple tries to stop

Rockin’ around the Christmas Tree
Let the Christmas spirit ring
Later we’ll have some pumpkin pie
And we’ll do some caroling

You will get a sentimental feeling
When you hear
Voices singing: Let’s be jolly,
Deck the halls with boughs of holly

Rockin’ around the Christmas Tree
Have a happy Holiday
Everyone dancin’ merrily
In the new old fashioned way.


Buffy sighed in frustration as she tossed the green bean casserole into the oven. She grit her teeth and tried to control the volume of her voice as she screamed rather loudly, “Dawn! Will you please quit playing that darn song!”

Immediately, Buffy felt guilty for screaming at her beloved little sister. It was Christmas day, for Heaven’s sake and Dawn had every right to play the stupid song. Even if it was the hundredth time that day, that the singer sang ‘rockin’ around the Christmas Tree’.

The younger girl must have heard Buffy’s tirade, because the volume of the record player went way down after that. Buffy immediately felt like crud for ruining Dawn’s Christmas cheer and she wanted to just crawl under the table and disappear, forever.

“Sorry Dawnie,” Buffy mumbled as she checked the table settings. Spike and his parents were coming for Christmas dinner and Buffy wanted everything to be just right.

‘How the heck can everything be just right,’ Buffy thought sadly as she stared out the kitchen window. ‘I could be pregnant! Now, wouldn’t that be just a great Christmas present for Spike?’ Much less appealing then the ‘Complete Works of Shakespeare’ set of books she’d bought him over a month ago, she was sure.

When she had realized, around Thanksgiving, that she was a few days late on her period? Buffy really didn’t think that much of it. A seventeen-year-old girl? Stress from school, the holidays and other things in life? Being even a week late on a period was no big deal, that was for sure. Yup, denial girl, Buffy Summers had come up with every excuse in the book, for her missed period, that is. All but one excuse, the most obvious one.

Now? It was December 25th and Buffy had missed her monthly by almost a month. Buffy was past concerned about this, she was frantically worried and the effects of that worry were beginning to show.

Buffy snapped at everyone these days, especially Spike, even though he deserved it the least. She had not told her lover about her concerns, going so far as to ‘fake’ a period, a couple of weeks before Christmas. The ruse had not only served to ‘fool’ everyone, with Buffy wrapping clean pads and discarding them, meticulously. It had also eased, at least in Buffy’s head, Spike’s mind that all was well with her. And them. But it wasn’t well. Buffy wasn’t well at all, especially since she was beginning to show signs of morning sickness.

Again, this very morning, while Joyce was stuffing the turkey for dinner? Buffy felt the dizzy feeling of nausea overcome her and she had to excuse herself from the kitchen. She had barely made it to the first floor bathroom before she threw up, as unobvious as she could, of course.

“Uck!” she hissed as she emptied her tummy into the toilet. “Raw turkey! Yuck!” Buffy washed her face and brushed her teeth, twice, to cover the signs of her ‘illness’.

The front doorbell rang and Dawn ran to answer it, her youthful enthusiasm lost on Buffy, for once. Spike must have entered the house and immediately headed towards the kitchen and her, because he was staring at Buffy, even now.

“You’re pale, Princess,” Spike murmered, brushing a long golden lock from her face. His brows were scrunched together in concern and this proved to be Buffy’s undoing.

“Well,” Buffy snipped, sarcastically, “that’s a fine how do you do about my looks! And on Christmas? Thanks boyfriend,” she quipped, defensively. “I mean, I get all dressed up in my best cashmere sweater, red even and you…” she grabbed a plate of rolls and headed towards the dining room, ending the conversation abruptly.



“Buffy,” Spike called softly behind her. He finally joined the Summers and Giles family at the dining room table, quietly sitting next to his beloved girlfriend.

After the grace, the adults toasted everyone and everything for Christmas and the feast began. Spike watched his beloved girl as she merely ‘moved’ her food about her plate and never really ate much of it.

‘What the bloody hell?’ he asked himself. ‘Buffy ususally eats like a truck driver. She’s sick,’ he reasoned with a silent nod. ‘I’ll make sure she gets some rest, after today. She’s just tired, worn out from the Holidays and maybe has a bit of flu?’ He reassured himself, firmly, ‘that’s it. My baby’s got the flu and needs to rest more.’

“So Faith took off for New York, last week,” Rupert Giles announced with a relieved sigh. “Of course,” he added, regretfully, “she’ll be back at our house, before the New Year. She’s staying with us until after the New Year,” Giles frowned in disappointment.

“Liam convinced her to join her husband, Ethan Rayne, in NYC. Try to make amends I suppose. It’s sad really, don’t you think dear?” He glanced at Jennifer, his wife and Faith’s older sister.

“Yes,” Jenny sighed sadly, “but I suppose you are right, dear,” she smiled gently at her husband. “When my little sister makes up her mind? It’s made up. Her marriage is probably over and she’ll be back in Sunnydale before December 31st. Liam’s big New Year’s Eve Party will be too much of a temptation for her. She’ll have to attend and since my big brother’s made it clear that Faith is to stay with us until then?”

“I think it’s very nice of you to offer a haven for your sister,” Joyce interjected, kindly. “Poor thing,” she whispered, ignoring Hank’s scowl.

Buffy listened, intently, to the grown ups talk, even though she pretended to ignore it. Everything that Spike and she had discussed, over a month before, about his Aunt Faith? It all came back to Buffy now.

‘Faith,’ Buffy said to herself, the name itself beginning to sound like a solution to her ‘problem’ of the moment. ‘Maybe Faith can help me? She knows a lot, right? I’ll talk to her, ask her to help and maybe, just maybe, she will.’ Buffy put the whole thing out of her mind, at least for the moment.

After dinner, Spike asked Buffy to go for a walk with him. He noticed that she almost had to convince herself to go, or at least he thought so. Spike had been so proud of the gift he’d bought Buffy, for Christmas. It was a beautiful necklace of pure 14 karat gold. The pendant he’d attached to the chain was a drop emerald and Spike had saved up all of his earnings just to buy it for her.

Of course, Spike loved the books Buffy had bought him for his present from her. He loved reading Shakespeare, although only Buffy really knew about that.

As they walked down the block of her street, Spike noticed that Buffy rubbed the emerald, nervously. She’d been so quiet and distant lately, he thought. Then, it hit him, like a brick, right in his face.

‘She’s scared,’ he realized, somewhat scared himself. ‘Oh fuck!’ he screamed in his own head. ‘What if she wants to break up with me?’

This thought made him physically ill and he clasped her tiny hand, even tighter in his. She didn’t pull away, he noticed as they strode, slowly to a nearby small park.

Once they got to the park, Spike and Buffy sat on a bench, her head resting on his shoulder. Spike began to stroke Buffy’s shoulder, gently with his hand, trying to soothe the tenseness he felt there.

“I’m not going to sleep with you tonight,” Buffy suddenly blurted out.

“I,” Spike stammered, stunned, “I didn’t expect you to, tonight,” he offered defensively. “It’s…”

“I’m about to start my period,” Buffy blurted out, again, lying through her teeth. And she just knew it.

Spike looked confused, momentarily, “Buffy?” he pulled her chin up so that he could look into her beautiful green eyes.

“You just had your period, didn’t you, luv?” He was so confused by now that he wondered if he’d heard wrong, just a couple of weeks before. Buffy certainly kept him at arm’s length at ‘that time of the month’ so he didn’t understand what the hell was going on.

“Right,” Buffy muttered under her breath. “It’s just that, I think I’ve got the flu, or something,” she stuttered, her face bright red with embarrassment.

“Thought so,” Spike nodded and held her tightly to him. “You’ve not got a fever, I don’t think. But you seem a bit off lately. You need to rest, baby,” he gazed at her with a serious expression.

“Yeah,” Buffy whispered, “rest,” she finished simply. Before either of them knew it, Buffy buried her head into Spike’s shoulder and burst into tears.

“I love you, Will,” she sobbed, clutching him closer to her body.

“I love you, baby,” he echoed as he tried to comfort her, best he could. He stroked her long blond hair and nuzzled his mouth into her forehead.

“You’re my sweet Buffy,” he purred, running his hand up under her little jacket. Even though this was California, it was still damp and cool at this time of year.

As quickly as Buffy broke into tears? She calmed down and dried them on her jacket sleeve. “Are you going to work, at the store during the rest of winter break?” Buffy asked carefully of her boyfriend.

“Yeah, fraid so,” Spike sighed, now completely puzzled by his girl’s odd behavior. “But at least I’ll only work days, mostly that is, so we can be together at night.” He smiled at her, tenderly, hoping this news would please her. It seemed to.

“Oh,” she smiled softly, “that’s good,” she finished, thoughtfully. “I mean you can make some money and save, right?” She added abruptly, trying to save the day.

“Right,” Spike drawled, still unsure as to what the hell was going on here.

“Spike,” Buffy murmered softly, as she ran her warm little hands down her boyfriend’s leather clad arms. “Is there somewhere we can go, privately? Tonight? You and me? I want…”

Buffy didn’t finish, because Spike had pulled her head, forcefully, to his and was kissing her mouth, hungrily.


Three days after Christmas, while Spike was at work, Buffy trudged up the long walkway of the Giles’ home. It was about 10:00 AM when Buffy knocked on the Giles’ door and she knew, without a doubt, that Spike’s Aunt Faith would be here, alone, in the house.

Sure enough, the brunette, wild child, answered the door of the house and eyed Buffy up and down, carefully.

“Well, well, well,” Faith chuckled warmly, “little Buffy Summers is all grown up now, eh? Come in, sweetie,” the older woman motioned Buffy into the house.

“Your boy’s at work,” Faith grinned as she lit up a cigarette and again eyed Buffy up and down. “But you knew that, didn’t you?” the dark haired woman smiled again, knowingly.

‘The Giles’ hate smoking in their house,’ Buffy mused as she watched this once beautiful woman taking long drags on her cigarette. Buffy was well aware that even Spike was not allowed to smoke in the house, ever. The Aunt was asking for upheaval, that was for sure, but then again, maybe that was what the jaded woman lived for?

Buffy remembered seeing pictures of Faith Crawford-Rayne, well at least a few of her. At Angel’s house, on the fireplace mantel that is. Of course, the pictures were from earlier, happier days, when Faith had been a younger, a more care free woman and a bit more respectable, Buffy suspected.

Now? Buffy saw a woman who was hardened past her thirty-two years. A bitter woman who was still pretty, yes, but who had lost some of that exotic beauty that had been so attractive once. Now, Buffy thought sadly, Aunt Faith’s eyes held the look of a lonely, haunted woman.

“You’re quite the little catch now, aren’t you Buffy Summers?” Faith asked with a smirk. “You dumped my one nephew, for my other one, right? That’s how I heard it. Of course,” Faith grinned at Buffy, “I do think that William’s more your type. All British genteel, huh? Angel’s a cocky little shit, isn’t he?”

Buffy was stunned, briefly, at Faith’s obscene words. The blond teen shook off her shock and just nodded, silently. She looked about the large living room, at anything but Faith. Odd, really. Faith was the real reason Buffy was here.

“I need your help,” Buffy blurted out, then blushed brightly at her forwardness.

“My help?” Faith frowned in puzzlement. “Why would ‘you’ need my help?” she asked, almost genuinely concerned.

“First,” Buffy stammered, stumbling over her own words, “I need you to promise me something, please Faith?”

“Buffy,” Faith began carefully, her voice had suddenly lost all of it’s bravado. “What’s wrong?” the dark haired older woman asked, gently.

“Please promise me,” Buffy began to plead, tiny tears spilled from her green eyes. “Promise me you won’t tell anyone I was here, today. To see you? Especially Will?”

“Promise,” Faith said automatically as she stubbed out the cigarette and walked over to where Buffy was standing. The older woman held out her hand and took Buffy’s tinier one in it.

“What is it, Buffy?” Faith asked, genuinely concerned now. Buffy could tell sincerity and Faith had it by this time.

“I think I might be pregnant,” Buffy whispered in a barely audible voice. “With Will’s baby, of course,” she assured the woman. “I need help Faith,” she murmered, ashamed to be spilling this news out to a virtual stranger.

“Can you, will you help me?” Buffy asked Faith, her head hung down in shame.

“Yes,” Faith answered immediatley. “I’ll help you.”

Faith led Buffy to the couch and sat down next to her. The brunette took Buffy’s clammy hand in her own and held it tight.

“How far?” Faith asked simply, all business like.

“Not far, if at all,” Buffy replied, sullenly. “Maybe six weeks? I’m not sure, we used things, but…”

“Sometimes ‘things’ don’t work,” Faith mumbled, a bitter tone in her voice.

“Have you told my nephew?” Faith asked, even though Buffy could tell the knowledgeable woman realized that she had not told Spike.

“No,” Buffy shook her head as she answered with a whimper.

“He’d marry you, in a heartbeat,” Faith assured Buffy.

“We’re too young,” Buffy sighed, the sorrow in her voice cut through the air like a knife. She began to cry, softly and buried her face in her hands.

“I see,” Faith nodded. “I know someone, up north,” she added in a mechanical voice. “He works at a clinic, a private one. His name’s Lorne and we go way back. I’ll take you up there, tomorrow,” Faith continued, almost talking to herself. “He’s not a Doctor, yet. Lorne that is. But he’s a tech and he can give you a test, figure out if you’re pregnant or not. It’ll all be hush hush, I promise.”

Buffy sat, wide-eyed, in shock, as this woman planned her entire next day out for her. Almost like she was planning an inpromtu dinner party.

“Can you make up an excuse to be away, from home, for most of the day tomorrow?” Faith gazed into Buffy’s eyes, compassionately.

“Yes,” Buffy whispered in reply. Her lower lip began to temble, even as Buffy tried to halt it.

“Good, then I’ll drive you there,” Faith finished with a nod. “I’ll have you home by early afternoon. Don’t worry,” she patted Buffy’s hand with hers.

“What if…” Buffy left the question unfinished.

“What if you’re pregnant?” Faith asked quietly, her brown eyes, dark and bitter.

“Yes,” Buffy replied, biting her lower lip, gently.

“Then maybe I can help you with ‘that’ too,” Faith mumbled, her eyes avoiding Buffy’s.

“Thank you,” Buffy whispered, sadly, as she lay back into the couch.


A/N: I can see that this fiction is going to get out of hand (like the rest of my stories!) It’s already going on too long, at this point, but I feel like I have to add all the details I can.

In the next chapter, tentively titled ‘Too Young’ Buffy will find out the answers she’s looking for.

Thanks for reading, please review, luv Spuf
Chapter 12: (Untitled) by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you to everyone reading this. I am submitting this short chapter this morning and maybe the next 'catalyst' of a chapter tonight or tomorrow morning.
YOU NEVER CAN TELL



Chapter 12:


A/N: If you’re reading this fiction, then you may notice I have no title on this chapter. I couldn’t bring myself to entitle it because of the plot line in this one. Too ‘difficult’ for me to write, but not like the next one will be. Anyway, Happy Mother’s day and please read.’


Buffy sat it the ‘doctor’s office of the clinic, waiting to talk with this Lorne guy Faith had taken her to see. The blond teen fidgeted, nervously with her blouse buttons as she bit her lower lip and played with her hair. Faith was out in the clinic’s lobby, since Buffy wanted to do this part alone.

Lorne was kind, funny and very gentle with Buffy as he took her tests. He even tried to joke with her, kind of. After the torturous drive up here to the clinic, Buffy would laugh at anything.

The drive to the private clinic had been torture for Buffy. Almost all the way, neither Buffy or Faith said much of anything. After the women had driven through Santa Barabara, then turned on a country road off the beaten track? Buffy realized just how ‘private’ this clinic/hospital must truly be.

After lying to her parents, and Spike about where and what she would be doing that day, Buffy waited at a bus stop for Faith to pick her up. The two women barely greeted each other when Buffy got into the car, and fortunately, said little on the ninety minute drive north.

Buffy had made up some story about going shopping with Anya, all day. Some special date thing or something they needed new things for. When Buffy came home without the purchases? She had no idea what she’d make up then.

However, once Faith pulled into the secluded clinic’s parking lot, she turned off the ignition and turned to Buffy. The older woman had a very serious expression on her face and Buffy flinched when she spoke.

“I want to give you a little advice, Buffy,” Faith began, her tone was much gentler then ever before. “Whatever you find out today, in that place,” she motioned to the huge clinic with her chin, “think very carefully about what you’re going to do afterwards. Either way,” Faith continued with a scowl, alerting Buffy to the fact that the woman knew, already, that she was pregnant. Just as Buffy knew.

‘Either way?’ Buffy thought with a shudder, ‘oh God,’ she wanted to cry, again.

“If you are,” Faith said slowly, “then I think you should tell William. No matter what you decide to do. I know my nephew, believe it or not, and I know he’ll step up to the plate and pay his dues.”

‘Pay his dues,’ Buffy thought sadly, ‘yeah, like I want to force my Spike to pay his dues.’ Buffy was completely miserable, but she shook her head, stubbornly at her companion.

“No,” Buffy sighed heavily, “I never want Spike to know anything about this. Either way,” she finished with a frown. Her bottom lip trembling as she tried not to cry, again.

“I see,” Faith frowned again and stared out the front window of her car. “So you’re going to what? Go to some distant town, for a visit to a non-existent Aunt?” Faith asked bitterly with a shake of her dark head. “Did that, B,” she continued in a somewhat sarcastic voice, “didn’t work out.”

“What did you do with your baby?” Buffy asked, suddenly, unashamed for her prying, for some reason.

“He wouldn’t marry me,” Faith spat, angrily, “the bastard I was seeing was married. Couldn’t give up his position in the community. Wouldn’t leave his wife and five kids to be with me,” she went on in a a little softer tone now. “Not like my nephew, William. He’d marry you in a heartbeat, you’re his Princess, Buffy. He loves you, I can tell just by the way he talks about you.”

“Though I know why you’re worried about ‘that’ kind of marriage. I can read you like a book and you think you’ll be forcing him, don’t you?”

“Wouldn’t I?” Buffy asked sadly, feeling one tiny tear drop slide down her cheek.

“It’s a matter of how you look at it,” Faith stared at the young girl she was trying to ‘help’ out. “You’d only be forcing my nephew into a marriage if ‘he’ didn’t want it. I have a feeling he would want it, but, that’s between the two of you.” She finished with a derisive laugh and opened her car door.

“Faith,” Buffy whispered softly, “what happened to your baby?” She had clasped the older woman by her arm and forced her to look again into Buffy’s green eyes.

“I got rid of it,” Faith replied in the most bitter tone that Buffy had ever heard from anyone.

“Rid of it?” Buffy murmered, confused, momentarily, then… “oh, my God,” the blond teen finally realized exactly what Aunt Faith meant.

‘She had an operation,’ Buffy thought, shocked, to herself. ‘My God, they’re illegal, dangerous and…’

“Let’s go, Buffy,” Faith ordered sternly, “you’ll be late for the appointment I made you and while Lorne’s a doll? He can be a prick, too, about time and money that is. He’s doing you a favor, because of me, so…”

As they had walked up to the clinic front door, Faith had clasped Buffy’s arm, firmly and spun the girl to look at her.

“Whatever happens, whatever ‘you’ decide, Buffy,” Faith sighed deeply and looked into Buffy’s eyes. “Don’t become ‘me’ under any circumstances, some wayward, wandering soul. Don’t waste your life and feelings running from everyone and everything you love, and that love you.”

Buffy nodded, silently.

Buffy sat in the office, waiting for Lorne to come back with her pregnancy results. Actually, Buffy had been shocked to ‘learn’ that anyone could have these kinds of test results back so quickly. She always thought they took days and days and…

“Miss Summers?” Lorne opened the door of the little room and stepped inside, holding that big new file all about her.

By the neutral look on Lorne’s face, Buffy couldn’t read too much as to the results. Whatever Faith had told this man, Buffy was sure she had explained that Buffy was single, very young and unready for children.

‘That’s why the neutral expression,’ Buffy reasoned with a sinking feeling in the pit of her tummy. ‘I’m pregnant and Lorne’s not sure how to break it to me. It’s supposed to be happy news, right? Not…’

“Miss Summers, Buffy,” Lorne began quietly as he sat down in front of her, taking her hand in his large but tender one. “You are pregnant, honey,” he added gently, probably to lessen the shock.

“I know,” Buffy stunned him by responding, simply, in a little girl’s voice. “I…” then she burst out into tears.


A/N: Okay, a little, short chapter to lead into a very long one, next time. I’m trying very hard to finish the next chapter and submit it tonight, or tomorrow morning. (On my way to Mother’s Day brunch…weird huh? A chapter like this on Mother’s Day?)Anyway, the next chapter is going to be angstsy, but please read it and remember ‘I am Spuffy all the way’ so things may get somewhat better? Maybe? Okay…thanks for reading and please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 13: 'Too Young' by spufette
Author's Notes:
A/N: Thank you to everyone reading this. Please keep with the story, there are some surprising twists coming up in this chapter and the next couple of chapters.
I'm putting a sexual situation warning on this, however, it's more for the things discussed in this chapter.
YOU NEVER CAN TELL



Chapter 13: ‘Too Young’

A/N: Thank you for reading this fiction. This is the part of the story that is going to get pretty rough for me to write. I’m trying to make it as realistic as possible, but write it with as much compassion as I can display on paper. Thanks.


“How?” Buffy asked Faith as they drove back to Sunnydale, after the ‘bad news’ that is.

“Well,” Faith began quippily, “apparently you two kids have been bangin’ the gong and not using protection?”

“No, I meant, no…that’s not what I meant,” Buffy felt the tears threaten again. Even though she was sure she had cried herself out, hours before.

Taking a deep breath, Buffy whispered softly, “I mean ‘how’ did you take care of your problem, from before?”

Without missing a beat, Faith swerved the car over to the side of the road and flipped off the ignition, yet again. She turned to Buffy with angry, dark eyes and responded with a growl.

“I told you,” the dark woman hissed, harshly. “I got rid of it. In a lovely little white house, right outside of Sunnydale on a rainy night. Just after my sister threw me out of her house in England and I snuck back into town, unobserved by my loving family. I have always had some ‘friends’ here,” Faith stated in her harsh, bitter tone. Is that enough of an answer for you, cheerleader?”

Buffy began to cry again, quietly and shook her head, “I’m sorry,” she sobbed, “so sorry, Faith, please forgive me for asking. I wanted to know so I could, maybe talk to ‘them’ about it and…”

“You can’t be serious?” Faith gasped in shock at her blond companion. “Are you aware that ‘that’ is illegal and ‘they’ are dangerous?” Faith’s chocolate brown eyes were full of anger and fear as she stared Buffy down.

‘Aunt Faith has Angel’s eyes,’ Buffy thought, a little surprised at this realization. ‘Or, I guess it’s Angel has his Aunt’s eyes?’

“Please,” Buffy whispered in her strained, desperate voice. “I need to at least have the option…I’ll think about it. I promise and and I won’t just jump to a decision. I promise, Faith, please tell me what to do. Who to go to. I need your help and I can’t tell Will, I can’t. He’ll marry me, out of pity. I’ll ruin his life and ultimately, mine. So please, tell me who to talk to.”

Buffy continued to plead with the older woman, for her silence and her help. Finally, the blond teen had broken the woman down enough so that brunette nodded her head, albeit reluctantly.

“I’ll give you the name and number you need,” Faith sighed deeply, “and,” she added, “I won’t tell my nephew, or anyone else about this. But I’m warning you, Buffy,” she continued, “this ‘operation’ is no picnic. It’s not a walk in the park and certainly not like having your tonisils out. Eating lots of ice cream, afterwards. If you go through with this? You’ll not only be putting yourself in danger physically, but legally, and,” the woman frowned “emotionally,” she finished on another bitter note.

“I know,” Buffy said softly, with a sniff. “But what choice do I have, Faith? I’m too young to have a child, but more importantly, it would ruin Will’s chances of ever making anything of himself. Rupert and Jenny want him to go to college and get a degree. He can do it, too. He’s brilliant, you know that?” She murmered, lovingly.

Buffy smiled, softly, despite her present inner turmoil and watched as Faith’s expression lightened. “He loves you, very much,” the Aunt smiled and patted Buffy’s little hand.

“I love him,” Buffy nodded, wiping her tears from her face, “too much to tie him down. At least while he’s so young, has his whole life ahead of him.”

“So do you, Buffy,” Faith reminded her. “You’ve got your whole life ahead of you and you really, really need to think about this.”

“I know about those ‘old’ ways that girls got rid of their babies,” Buffy mumbled with a hot blush. “We, me and Anya? We’ve talked about them. Anya’s Granny worked for an old Doctor when she was younger. The doctor confided in her about, things, the old ways that girls used. She told Anya about the things girls had to do, and still do, to fix their problem. It’s awful, Faith, you know that. Things seem to always go wrong with them and…” Buffy trailed off, without finishing the sentence.

With a nod, Faith turned back to the steering wheel and then turned on the ignition. She sighed again, heavily, and muttered, “don’t ever try any of ‘those’ ways, Buffy. You’ll end up dead, for sure.”

Buffy lay in her bed, night after night, after the encounter with Faith and Lorne. It had been over a week since she found out that she was indeed pregnant with her darling William’s child. She never let on. Never told anyone, except Faith, of course, and the cover up was killing Buffy by inches.

To everyone around her, Buffy presented herself as the model girlfriend, daughter, sister and friend. Since it was winter break, Buffy didn’t have to hide her emotions from her school chums, or teachers. Only from the people she loved the most, her family and of course, Spike/William.

Finally, after a week of torture, Buffy decided to call the number that Faith had given her. Recluctantly, Buffy made her decision, alone, and discussed the needed plans to fix her present situaiton.

Everything was in place for Buffy, except for the ultimate charade that she needed to pull off. This last part of her plan included her best friend, Anya Jenkins, which would be the the trickiest part of all. Buffy had to bring Anya into her confidence, completely, now and it was going to be difficult, to say the least.

“I can’t see you tonight,” Buffy whispered to Spike, over the phone in her bedroom. “I promised Anya, I mean, I said I’d spend the night with her. Friday, I know, but I promised Will. Saturday too, and then maybe I can see you, on Sunday?”

Spike felt that Buffy’s tone rang false, for some reason. His own insecurities flared up, but he tried to put on a false bravado.

“Sure,” he mumbled with a pout that his love did not see. “I’ll hang out with Xander, I ‘spose,” he grumbled. “Rather be with you, but if you promised…”

He’d noticed that his girl, Buffy, had been acting strangely for weeks now. Ever since before Christmas, but he decided to write it off as the flu, or Holiday stress, or all of it.

“I guess I’ll just hang out with Xander, play pool and talk about our absent girlfriends,” Spike sighed in frustration. He pouted, again, for good measure, into the phone, even if his girl couldn’t actually ‘see’ it.

“I love you,” Buffy suddenly blurted out in answer. “I’ll always love you, Will,” she murmered, trying to cover the tearful voice.

“Buffy? What’s wrong, sweetheart,” Spike was beginning to get very nervous. Something was definitely wrong and he couldn’t get anything out of Buffy. Hadn’t been able to, for weeks.

“Say it back,” Buffy hissed, desperately, into the phone, “tell me you’ll always love me, Will, please!”

“Of course, baby, always,” Spike responded firmly, “I will always, always love you. Forever.”

Buffy sat, on the Jenkins front room couch, her head hung low. She’d been crying, for an hour as she ‘tried’ to explain things to Anya, everything to her.

“You can’t do this,” Anya wailed, holding her best friend as much as she could. “It’s too dangerous, Buffy, please don’t. Tell Spike, he’ll marry you. He’ll…”

“That’s the problem, Anya,” Buffy sobbed uncontrollably, grateful that Anya’s folks were gone for the night.

“Spike ‘will’ feel like he has to marry me and I can’t do that to him. I can’t,” Buffy wiped her face, then Anya’s. The blond girl was beginning to wonder just who was comforting whom here. “Daddy’ll just murder Spike for this and then send me away to have the baby. I’ll have to give it up, for sure and Anya, I don’t think I can. I mean, if I go through with it, have it and hold it? How could I just give it away like that?”

“But Buffy,” Anya cried, her voice was cracked with fear and pain for her friend. “If you have that horrible operation? You’re losing the baby anyway and what if something terrible happens to you? They’re not safe, honey, they’re not even real doctors that do those things. I’ve told you that.” Anya was going from scared, hurt and crying to angry, frustrated and more angry, quite quickly, Buffy noted.

“I’m going to take a bus to the corner of the block the house is on,” Buffy shook her head stubbornly. “I’m going alone, to the place, so if anything ‘does’ go wrong, it can be said that no one knew about this, but me. Faith is going to drive over in her car, afterwards, after I call her, and drive me to a friend’s house, up north. We’ll stay there, until Sunday night and I’ll call you, my folks, everything to keep the coverup going. I can’t tell you, Anya,” Buffy held her shaking friend close too her, her own body trembling in fear.

“I can’t tell you how much this means to me, your helping me out, here. Thank you, thank you so much for covering for me. With my folks, with Spike and everything. I know you hate this, so do I, but I have to do this, Anya.” Buffy began to cry again, softly and Anya hugged her tightly to her.

“I hate lying,” Buffy continued, her voice and body shaking, “but I have to do this. I know you hate lying too, that you’re only doing it to help me. Promise me, Anya,” Buffy cried desperately, “promise me that you’ll never, ever tell Spike or Xander about this. It’ll kill Spike, and Xander? He’ll go crazy and do something really stupid. You know that, right?”

Anya just nodded her head, silently as she wiped at her own tears, again. “I promise,” the brunette girl sniffed, “I’ll never tell anyone, not even my guy, Xander.”

“Thank you,” Buffy pulled Anya tightly to her, in relief. “I have to go now,” she mumbled in a teary voice. “By the time the bus gets to the place, I’ll nearly be late for my…” Buffy’s voice trailed off, weakly and she left the sentence unfinished.

“Oh, God,” Anya cried, clasping Buffy to her as she tried to leave the Jenkins’ home. “Please don’t, Buffy, I’m begging you, please don’t do this.” The young woman broke down crying, harder, and tried to hold Buffy back inside.

“I have to,” Buffy murmered, almost in a daze, “no choice. We’re too young, Spike and me. It’s for the best, sweetie, I believe that. Please believe it too.”

Buffy pulled away from her bestest friend in the whole world, except for Spike, of course. She smiled, sadly, at Anya and slipped out of the front door of the Jenkins’ house.

Anya Jenkins watched her best friend in the whole world, except for Xander, of course, shuffle down the street of her block. When Buffy’s blond head disappeared from her view, Anya glanced at the big Grandfather clock in her folk’s living room.

“It’s nearly 7:00 PM,” Anya noted quickly. “Xander and Spike should be at the Bronze, shooting pool by now. I can get there in five minutes,” she continued her conversation with the empty room.

She grabbed the car keys to her folks’ station wagon and then hurried out the front door of her house. Anya locked the front door and nearly ran down the front steps, and walkway to the car.
Gazing down the street, in the direction that Buffy had headed, she opened the car door and hurriedly started the engine.

“I’m sorry, Buffy,” Anya whispered, “or maybe, I’m not,” she added. “I do hate to lie and I love you too much to let you put yourself in this danger.”

As she drove the car in the opposite direction of the way Buffy walked, Anya began to cry again. When Anya had made that promise to Buffy, she knew, inside, that she was going to break it, immediately.

“I’ve got to break my promise, honey,” she sniffed, speaking to a friend that wasn’t even with her. “I have to tell both Xander and Spike what’s going on. They can save you, Buffy. They can find you and stop you. Please, Buffy, please forgive me for lying to you.”


‘Too Young’ (by Nat King Cole)


‘They try to tell us we’re too young
Too young to really be in love
They say that love’s a word
A word we’ve only heard
But can’t begin to know the meaning of

And yet we’re not too young to know
This love will last though years may go
And then some day they may recall
We were not too young at all’


A/N: I split this chapter in half from my original plan. The next chapter is going to be the really rough one for me to write and I felt
It needed to stand on it’s own.

Will Spike, Xander and Anya confront Faith and find out where Buffy has gone? If so, will the trio find our Buffy in time to stop this? I would like to note here (for the younger readers) that since this is 1963 in the United States, abortion was illegal then. The operation itself was rudimentary and often times a disaster for the mother. Many young girls died during or after the surgery, or were permenantly damaged female wise.

I will put a A/N at the beginning of the next chapter warning readers about the possible scenes. Please understand, I am not making any political statements here, one way or the other.
I’m only trying to write a story about a desperate girl who is making a desperate choice.

I will drop a hint here, now, however as to the next chapter’s title:
It’s going to be entitled: ‘You Never Can Tell’ (like this fiction!) and that should give you a heads up on how the plot line just might go. Thanks for reading and please review, Luv, Spuf
Chapter 14: 'You Never Can Tell' by spufette
Author's Notes:
A/N: Thank you for all of the reviews and to everyone reading this.
Shippy, if you read this, I can't tell you how much your words mean to me!
I'm placing a 'hard 18' rating on this because of the subject matter.
Please read it and see what you think?
Thanks, Luv, Spuf
YOU NEVER CAN TELL



Chapter 14: ‘You Never Can Tell’


A/N: A little warning here: While this is not going to be too graphic, it may be disturbing to some readers. This is why I’m giving it a hard ‘18’ rating.

This chapter, in no way, is trying to make a political statement, etc. I am just trying to write it as realistic as possible, while trying to keep on canon of the characters’ personalities from the show.

Thanks, Luv, Spuf


Spike took a drag from his freshly lit cigarette and watched as Xander knocked another of his pool balls into the right pocket. His best friend had won the last two sets of pool, even more proof that Spike’s mind was way, way far away from the game.

“I’m going to kick your ass, friend,” Xander promised good naturedly as he sized up his next shot. “You’re thinking too much about Buffy, Spike,” he added with a smirk. “She’s with Anya for Christ’s sake, what could be wrong?”

Taking another thoughtful drag of his smoke, Spike shook his head and sighed, “I can’t figure it out. Somethin’s off with my Buffy,” he stated for the twentieth time in an hour. “She’s been actin’ strange since before Christmas and…”

The worried teen’s conversation was interrupted by the sudden appearance of an out of breath Anya who had just thrown herself into Xander’s arms. The girl was sobbing loudly and Spike felt his stomach drop as fear spread up to his throat, choking him.

“Buffy!” Spike roared as he realized that something was truly, terribly wrong here. He dropped his smoke and glared at Xander and Anya, fearfully.

“It ‘is’ Buffy,” Anya choked out. “Oh, God, Xander, Spike, she’s in danger!”

Outside of the bar, the two teen males and one female were arguing, frantically. Anya had filled both of the young men in on everything that was going on.

“Take your folk’s car home, Anya,” Xander ordered his girlfriend. “Me and Spike’ll find Buffy, through Faith. You go on home, we’ll handle this from here. Wait at home, I’ll call and…”

“No way Harris!” Anya cried in frustration. “I love Buffy too and I’m going with. Besides,” the girl nearly smiled, wickedly, “Faith may neat an ass kicking to get the information out of her. Knowing you two,” she motioned at her boyfriend and Spike, “you’d never hit a woman, neither of you.”

“I might make an exception in this case,” Spike hissed through gritted teeth. His blue eyes were on fire with hatred for his traitorous Aunt.

“No matter,” Anya countered, with a mulish expression on her mouth, “I’m going. ‘I’ have no problem with beating the hell out of the bitch to get the address to this little shop of horrors she’s sent our Buffy to.”

Xander gave his best friend, Spike, an ‘it’s no use, she’s going’ look and the blond teen relented.

“Let’s move,” Spike ordered evenly, although he felt like his heart was going to burst forth from his chest. Spike wanted nothing more then to just magically find out the address of these so called ‘doctors’ that Anya had told them about.

‘I’ve got to find her,’ Spike thought desperately, ‘find my Buffy, now. Oh, God,’ he groaned, feeling the fear overcome him once again. ‘She’s to tiny, and dear and I love her, so much. Why? Why would she do this? Put herself into this kind of danger. I’d marry her, in a heartbeat, why…’

“I’m marrying her,” Spike blurted out suddenly to Xander, who drove his car, following Anya to her house. “I love Buffy, forever and you’re getting’ a new cousin, mate, one by marriage,” Spike stated, firmly.

“That’s cool,” Xander grinned at his best friend. “But let’s just get to Faith, find out where my little cousin’s gone, huh? After that? You and Buff can plan your white wedding to your heart’s content.”

Spike’s parents were gone to their cabin in the mountains, once again, to take advantage of the winter break. Aunt Faith was still staying, miraculously, at the Giles’ home so the three friends headed straight there. After Anya had dropped off the station wagon and leapt into the front seat of Xander’s Bel Aire.

Once the trio had arrived at the Giles’ home, Spike led the way inside. They found Aunt Faith, sitting in front of the fire place, a shot glass in hand and cigarette hanging from her mouth.

“Oh look, it’s the Dead End Kids!” Faith quipped sarcastically as she sipped her drink and took a drag from her cigarette. “I never knew a chic was allowed in the mix, with the Bowry Boys that is,” the older woman chuckled, sarcastically.

Spike grabbed the cigarette from his aunt’s hand and tossed it into the fireplace. He pulled the shot glass from her hand and threw it onto the mantel, where it shattered into pieces.

“Where is Buffy?” Spike growled, his voice deadly.

“She’s off, doing you a favor, nephew,” Faith glared at Spike with what looked like contempt.

“Tell me, Aunt Faith,” Spike hissed, leaning in closer to her and giving her a menacing glare.

“Why?” Faith spat, “you going to to go and ‘save’ the day, Spike? Make everything all right for you and your lady love?”

“Somethin’ like that,” Spike mumbled in a low gutteral tone. “I swear to God, Aunt Faith,” Spike began, enraged.

“I’ll beat the hell out of you if you don’t tell me where my friend’s gone,” Anya blurt out, shoving Spike away from his aunt. “Don’t think I give a crud about you or your still barely pretty face, bitch!” Anya continued, “I’ll take you apart if you don’t give us the name, number and address Buffy’s gone to. Now!”

Faith glared at Anya, then Xander, and finally Spike. She shrugged and sighed, “okay. I’ll give you the info, but tell me something nephew?” She steadied her serious stare at her nephew’s wide blue eyes.

“Are you going to marry her?” Faith asked simply. “If I give you this information? Are you going to marry your girl?”

“Yes,” Spike responded in a harsh voice, “I was going to marry her, eventually, anyway. This just moved things up a bit.”

“Okay,” Faith nodded as she grabbed a pen and paper and wrote down the address of the ‘place’ she’d sent Buffy. “ Just for the record, Spike,” she continued, defensively, “I tried to tell her that you’d do the right thing. Marry her. Tried to talk her out of it and…” With another shrug, Faith offered some hope, “There may still be time,” she began…

“Can it,” Spike hissed at his aunt with venom. “When we get back here, later?” He glared at the defensive woman in front of him, “be gone, bitch. You hear me?”

“Loud and clear,” Faith responded in an even voice.

Xander drove like a madman to the address, written on the tiny slip of paper that Faith had given them. He kept his eyes open for a cop car as he sped to the outskirts of Sunnydale.

“Jesus, why did Buffy do this?” Spike muttered in disbelief, from the back seat of Xander’s car.

“She didn’t want to tie you down, force you into a marriage,” Anya responded from the front seat of Xander’s car. “Buffy just wanted you to have a future, she said that she’d ruin your chances for college and…”

“Who gives a rat’s arse about college?” Spike hissed angrily. “All’s I care about is Buffy and ‘our’ baby.”

“Here’s the street,” Xander broke in as he slowed down his car and inched his way down the block. The three teens searched, desperately, for the address of where they could find Buffy. It was difficult, in the pitch black darkness that enveloped them, but they finally found the right address.

Spike bolted from the back seat of Xander’s car, even before the dark haired teen had stopped and turned off the ignition. The frantic blond started to run up the walkway of the tiny white house in front of them.

“Wait!” Xander cried out, causing Spike to stop in his tracks. Xander turned back to Anya, motioning her to stay in the car.

“If we’re not back out here, with Buffy, in fifteen, no, make that ten minutes?” Xander stated with authority to his girlfriend, “go down to the end of the block. I saw a gas station there, with a phone booth. I want you to call the cops, baby,” he continued evenly. “If we’re not back, in ten minutes, and I mean to the second. Got it?”

“I got it,” Anya nodded vigorously. “Be careful, please Xand,” she whimpered as her guy leaned in and kissed her forehead, tenderly.

“You’re one in a million, you know that?” Xander whispered to Anya as he pulled away from her.

The two male teens hurried up the walkway and Spike pounded on the door with his fist.

“What if this is the wrong place?” Xander asked suddenly.

“It’s not,” Spike responded, his jaw clenched. “I’ve got a gut feeling about this and…”

The front door flew open and Spike and Xander came face to face with a real tall, rather large built hulking male.

“What do you want?” the gargantuan spat at the two boys.

Xander looked at Spike, who looked back at him. “I can’t take this guy, by myself that is,” Xander whispered, nervously to Spike.

“So we’ll take him on, together?” Spike responded, matter-of-factly.

Without missing a beat, Spike doubled up his left fist and Xander doubled up his right. They hit Goliath with their fists, at the same time, knocking him backwards into the front living room.

Pushing past the man’s now knocked out body, on the floor, Spike heard some woman scream loudly.

“What the hell are you doing here. Stay out of there!” the voice screeched.

Instead, Spike rushed to a closed door at the back of the house and without thinking, kicked it in.

“Buffy!” he roared as he stumbled into the room, taking just seconds for his eyes to adjust to the darkness.

What met Spike’s eyes horrified him and the awful memory would stay with him for the rest of his life.

This ‘operating room’ was little more then a house bedroom, with a wooden floor and a filthy looking mattress that lay on it. There was some hardened looking older biddy that was staring at him, in shock, holding some disgusting looking medical (?) instrument in her huge hands.

“Buffy!” Spike cried desperately. Then, he saw his Princess, huddled in a corner of the fetid room, her arms wrapped about her body, defensively.

Buffy wore only her little, lovely white slip on her body. Spike loved that little lacy slip, loved how it fit his Buffy and showed every one of her beautiful curves.

“Buffy,” Spike whimpered as he slowly closed the gap between his girl and him. “Baby?” he leaned down and lifted her trembling chin up to meet his gaze.

“Will?” Buffy whispered, somewhat dazed. “Oh, oh, Will,” Buffy began to cry softly.

Spike wrapped his arms about his girl and lifted her up into his arms, cradling Buffy to him. She buried her head into his chest and groaned.

“I’m sorry,” Buffy began to chant between sobs, “I’m so sorry. Couldn’t go through with it. Ruined everything,” she choked out, burying her face, deeper, into her Spike’s strong chest.

“I’m glad you couldn’t go through with it,” Spike murmered to Buffy, kissing her mouth tenderly. “I love you, baby. Treasure you and our little one, in here,” he touched Buffy’s tummy, gently.


“It’s so ugly. This place I mean,” Buffy wailed as she clasped him to her and dug her fingernails into his back. She glanced about the dark, dank room, wild eyed and frantic. “Filthy and disgusting. I couldn’t go through with it,” Buffy repeated. “Too weak, too much of a coward and…”

“You’re the strongest, bravest person I know, sweetheart,” Spike cooed tenderly, rocking her little body with his arms.

“Don’t let them touch me!” Buffy screamed in terror. “Please don’t let ‘her’ put that thing in me and…”

“I’ll kill them all first,” Spike replied harshly, hugging Buffy to him. “With my bare hands, I’ll rip them all apart before I let them near you.”

“This is really touching,” the old bitch hissed in a scathing tone, “but just because Cinderella here changed her mind? Don’t think I’m going to give the money back!”

“Keep the fucking money, you blood sucker,” Spike roared like a lion at the ugly older woman. “You’ll need it to leave town!”

Xander took that moment to burst into the room and push the woman out of the way, roughly.

“Is it too late?” the dark haired teen asked frantically. “Did we get here in time?” Xander stopped and looked around the room and shuddered. “Good God! This place reeks!” the teen gasped in disgust.

Spike nodded at Xander, in relief, then murmered to Buffy “your clothes?” Spike whispered tenderly to Buffy cuddling her closely to him and gently kissing her forehead. “Where are they?”

Buffy shook her head, letting Spike know she had no idea what had happened to her dress and shoes. Spike took off his jacket and wrapped it around his girl and picked her up in his arms.

After Spike carried Buffy out of the filthy room, Xander turned to glare at the nervous female in front of him. He strode over to the anxious woman and leaned in, very close to her. His chocolate brown eyes burned with anger and disgust.

“This is how it’s going to be,” Xander began, fairly calmly, even though he wanted to murder this bitch and her cohorts.

“You’ve got thirty, no, make that twenty minutes,” the large teen growled at the woman. “You’ve got twenty minutes to pack up your little hospital of horrors here and vacate Sunnydale, permenantly. Understand?”

The woman smirked at this upstart teen and hissed, “who says? You?”

“Yeah,” Xander hissed back with an even more wicked smirk. “Cos here’s what’s gonna’ happen, you worthless bitch. Me and my friends are going to drive back into Sunnydale’s city limits. That should take us, oh, about ten minutes or so. Then,” he continued maliciously, “we’re going to find a phone booth, one with a phone that actually works? And one of us is going to drop a dime on you, your neanderthal friends out front and this whole fucking shit hole of an operation of yours. To the cops, that is,” Xander added smugly.

The brunette teen glanced at the watch on his wrist and then back up at Ms. Ugly USA. “Time’s starting, now,” Xander spat at the woman, viciously. He turned and nearly ran out of the back room, into the front yard and to his car.

As Xander drove his car, back into Sunnydale, at the speed limit this time? He watched his best friend and his cousin, in the back seat. A small smiled formed on the brunette teen’s handsome mouth.

“I’m sorry,” Buffy whispered against Spike’s chest, where her face had been buried since he broke into that horrible house and saved her.

“I…” she trailed off, weakly, her little body shaking like a leaf.

“It’s okay,” Spike murmered, comfortingly to her. “We’re okay, sweetheart,” he cooed tenderly.

“I’m never going to leave you, Buffy,” Spike promised in a manly, firm voice. “I’m always going to be with you, baby,” he continued as he peppered her damp face with kisses.

“We’re gonna’ get married, as soon as possible, baby,” Spike assured her. “I love you, Buffy. I treasure you, and our child. Whatever it takes? We’ll do it and make it work, understand?”

Buffy nodded, slowly. “Daddy,” she mumbled, in an exhausted voice, “he’ll never sign the papers, Will.” She began to cry again, softly. “I’m too young to get married, without parental consent and…”

“Then we’ll find a place to go, some state that ‘will’ let us get married, without our parents’ consent. I’m taking over now, Buffy. Making things right,” Spike stated.

“I didn’t want to force you into marrying me,” Buffy whimpered in a little girl voice. “Didn’t want to tie you down and force you to.”

“I’ll let you in on a little secret,” Spike raised Buffy’s chin up so he could look directly into her beautiful emerald green eyes. He smiled, lovingly, down at her.

“I was going to ‘ask’ you to marry me, anyway, eventually. This just moved things up a bit. Okay?” Spike placed a kiss on her lush little mouth and snuggled her closer to him.

“Okay,” Buffy smiled, weakly and rested her weary head on her ‘man’s’ chest, once again.

“I love you too,” Buffy murmered into Spike’s warm, comforting chest.

“You’re coming to my house tonight, Buffy,” Anya turned around to face the couple in the back seat. “Mom and Dad are out of town for the weekend, so we’ll do the sleepover, like we planned in the first place. You can get some rest there. Make some plans?” Anya turned back around in the front seat and cuddled up to her Xander.

Spike snuggled Buffy up to him, even closer and nuzzled her warm, golden head with his lips.

“We can make our plans, tonight,” Spike nodded as he snuggled his ‘treasures’ to him, lovingly. “By Sunday? Everything will be settled. I promise,” Spike whispered into Buffy’s warm ear.

Xander Harris drove his Bel Aire through the night time, pretty content, for once. For once, the dark haired teen felt pretty damn good about himself. Who gave a rat’s ass if his own parents were the dregs of society? He, Xander Lavelle Harris had helped his beloved cousin and best friend out, like a real man would.

As Xander wrapped his right arm about his precious girlfriend, Anya, he began to whistle a little tune, softly. A jumpy little tune by Chuck Berry himself. A warm smile formed on Xander’s lips as he watched the loving couple in his back seat, in his rear view mirror that is.


‘You Never Can Tell’


‘It was a teenage wedding, and the old folks wished them well.
You could see that Pierre did truly love the madamoiselle
And now the young monsieur and madame have rung the
Chapel bell.
“C’est la vie”, say the old folks, it goes to show you never can
tell.

They furnished off the apartment with a two room Roebuck
Sale.
The coolerator was crammed with TV dinners and ginger ale,
But when Pierre found work, the little money comin’ worked
Out well…
“C’est la vie”, say the old folks, it goes to show you never can
tell.

They had a hi-fi phono, boy, did they let it blast
Seven hundred little records, all rock, rhythm and jazz…
But when the sun went down, the rapid tempo of the music
Fell.

“Cest la vie”, say the old folks, it goes to show you never can
tell.

They bought a souped-up jitney, ‘twas a cherry red ’53,
They drove it down to Orleans to celebrate their anniversary
It was there that Pierre was married to the lovely
Madamoiselle
“C’est la vie”, say the old folks, it goes to show you never can
tell.’


A/N: Now, did you think that I would ever, ever let Buffy go through with giving up Spike’s baby? Nahhhhhh!!!

Please read and review, Luv, Spuf
Chapter 15: 'Chapel of Love' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you for this site and you readers. Thank you for reviewing!
YOU NEVER CAN TELL



YOU NEVER CAN TELL


Chapter 15: ‘Chapel of Love’


A/N: Please bear with me, my computer is going wonky! Anyway, this next chapter might be a bit off, sorry. I may not have my historical facts too straight, but hey, it’s Spuffy, right?!?
The title says it all…


“How?” Buffy was asking her ‘fiance’ Spike Giles, for the umpteenth time that night.

“How are we going to get married? Without our parents’ consent?” Buffy was more then perplexed, she was completely lost on this one.

“Texas,” Xander blurted out, suddenly. He’d been so quiet, since the ‘rescue’ situation, Xander had, that his sudden imput shocked everyone in the room.

Spike, Buffy, Anya and the Jenkins’ dog, Elvis, all stared at the dark haired Harris boy, in wonder.

“Texas?” Anya muttered. “What’s in Texas?” Xander’s beloved asked bluntly.

“The Alamo!” Xander replied, indignantly, “and Well, my friend, Jesse Green, for one,” Xander shrugged. “You remember me talkin’ about Jesse, right Spike?”

Spike nodded his head, a little confused as to why Xander would bring this up at this time.

“Jesse’s dad, he owns a construction company. In Houston,” Xander rambled on, matter-of-factly, “there’s lots of work in Houston, Texas,” Xander offered. “And not just in the oil fields.”

“Besides,” the brunette teen mumbled with a blush, “the ‘age of consent’ laws in Texas are more lax then up here, in California. I think the girl has to be only 16? The guy has to be 18, I think. No,” Xander scrunched up his dark brows and sighed, “I know it. Jesse got married last year, to a 17 year old girl, Winnefred. He wrote me and told me so. Jesse’s 19 now, but he was only 18 last year and I know his dad and mom didn’t sign papers. They were against the marriage but Fred was pregnant,” Xander blushed again and averted his eyes from his cousin.

Spike’s ears perked up at this and he squeezed Buffy’s tiny, warm hand, tightly. “So Buffy and me,” the blond teen began, hopefully, “we could go to Texas and get married? Without consent? Just our birth records and…”

“Right,” Xander nodded in self-satisfaction. “And I’m sure I could put in a good word, with Jesse’s dad and all. Get you on at his construction company?”

“Texas,” Buffy murmered, a little unsure of this whole thing. “I don’t know much about Texas, but I guess I could learn?” She squeezed her Spike’s hand back, tenderly.

“I’ve got a lot of cash stashed away, in my savings,” Spike added, brightly. “It’ll tide us over, for a while. We’ll have to scrimp, for the most part, Princess,” he gazed at his future wife and ran his left hand down her cheek, tenderly. “Until I can get a regular job and save. But we could do it, right?” He pulled Buffy to him, snuggling her so tightly that she could hardly breathe.

“It’ll be okay, Will,” Buffy murmered in near relief. She had not felt so safe, comfortable or secure in weeks and right now Buffy chose to relish this wonderful feeling.

“I can’t believe I won’t be your maid of honor,” Anya sniffed, apparently feeling totally left out by all this plotting. “Thought we’d be each other’s maids of honor,” the girl continued, wistfully. “I guess I thought we’d be pregnant together, raise our brats up together and everything.” Anya began to cry, softly, and Buffy pulled away from Spike to cuddle her best female friend to her.

“You know, if I could,” Buffy grasped Anya’s face in her hands, gently, “that I would definitely have you for my maid of honor, Anya Jenkins. But…”

Buffy joined in with Anya’s soft sobbing and began to cry also. The two girls held each other, tightly, and sobbed in each other’s arms.

“Thank you,” Buffy whispered into Anya’s ear. “Thank you for breaking your promise,” she finished by placing a tender kiss on Anya’s cheek.

Xander and Spike watched their significant others cry their guts out. The two males looked at each other, seemingly mystified at the nature of females, in general.

“So,” Spike finally spoke up, “you think you can get me work in Texas? In construction?”

By 3:00 AM, the next morning, Spike and Buffy had finalized their plans, basically. At 3:30 AM, Spike and Xander were shooed out of the Jenkins’ home by the two girls. Anya’s parents would, no doubt, have a complete report of the activities that had occurred at their home, by the nosy neighbor, Mrs. Walsh. So, Buffy reluctantly, sent Spike with Xander, to his house for the next two days.

It was all planned out, to a tee. Buffy would spend the weekend with Anya, therefore, not having to act normal around her family, especially her dad. On Sunday, Buffy would go home, carrying on the charade that everything was status quo and prepare to return to school on Monday.

In the meantime, Spike would go about his usual routine, no questions asked by his loving family.

On Monday, however, when Spike came, as usual to pick up Buffy for school? The couple would drive right past Sunnydale High and to the city limits. After that? They would take Highway 101 down to Interstate 5 and then down out the Interstate to catch Route 66. By the time school let out, after 3:00 PM? Buffy and Spike would be in Arizona and headed to Houston, Texas and their new life together.

On Sunday, Xander had called Jesse Green and filled him in on the plans of his cousin and friend. Jesse had agreed to help the couple, for Xander’s sake, and assured them all that his dad could always use a good, strong back in the construction business.

Sunday night, Spike, Buffy, Xander and Anya had met at Willie’s Burgers to say goodbye, for now.

“We had our first unofficial date here,” Buffy whispered, tearfully as she snuggled into Spike’s warm arms.

“It’ll be okay, baby, promise,” Spike assured Buffy as he placed soft kisses on her head and forehead.

“I love you guys,” Buffy murmered, sincerely, smiling softly at her cousin, Xander and his girl, Anya. “Thank you, so much,” she continued in a shaky voice.

“I love you, Buff,” Xander nodded, kissing Buffy’s hand tenderly. “Me too,” Anya squeaked, tearing up herself.

“You’re the best,” Spike nodded at his best friend, Xander and his girl. “Cept for my girl, here,” the blond smiled as he cuddled Buffy even closer to him.

Monday morning, Spike told his parents goodbye, as if he was just stepping out for a pack of cigarettes and coming right back. He never looked back at his house, never even gave it a second thought. Buffy and their child were was his ‘life’ now and it would do not good to dwell on the homefires, so to speak.

Buffy kissed her father goodbye, just before he headed to his factory.

“I love you Daddy,” she whispered at his disappearing form as She watched him saunter off, to the garage and drive off in his El Dorado. Joyce had driven Dawn to school, earlier and would not be back before Buffy left. Therefore, no one had noticed the rather large suitcase that the blond teen girl had packed, carefully for her trip to Texas.

When Joyce and Dawn had headed out, to leave, Buffy kissed them both goodbye, for once, and she was sure they noticed something amiss. If they had? Neither one of the them showed it, only Joyce acted a little surprised at Buffy’s display of affection.

“I’m going to study, with Anya, after school,” Buffy had lied and convinced her dad and stepmother. “I’m having dinner with the Jenkins,” she continued, carefully. “Staying the night,” she added, carefully. “We have this cheerleading thing that’s going to take forever,” Buffy explained, lying through her perfect white teeth. This gave Spike and her an extra few hours to put space between them and Sunnydale.

When Spike got to Buffy’s house, he hurried to the front door and found his girl waiting, patiently, for him. Without a word, Spike took the suitcase from Buffy and then her hand as he walked her down to his car, parked in front of the Summers’ house.

The couple drove out of Sunnydale’s city limits, past the ‘Welcome to Sunnydale’ sign and onto Highway 101.

“I love you,” Spike murmered to Buffy, as he pulled her little body closer to his.

“I love you,” Buffy sighed softly, resting her blond head on her guy’s strong shoulder.

Neither Spike, nor Buffy even glanced back at Sunnydale, as they drove farther and farther away from their home.


Eastern California, the desert and all, had been a blur to Buffy and Spike. He’d driven, all the way, especially since driving and Buffy were unmixy things anyway.

Spike scanned the stations, on his DeSoto’s radio, trying to find some decent music to play for them. Every so often, the couple stopped to eat, and do other necessary things, but mainly, they drove, on into the eastern horizon.

By the time the couple had reached the borders of Arizona, about 7:00 PM that night, they were both exhausted from the drive, their emotions and the situation in general.

“We’ll get a place, in Kingman, Arizona,” Spike whispered softly, pulling his Buffy from her half sleep and cuddling her, once again.

“Uh huh,” Buffy murmered, hazily. “No!” she cried, suddenly, making Spike jump up in his seat.

“I mean,” Buffy gasped, desperately. “I want to be married, Will,” she blushed, “before we, you know, again?”

“Yeah,” Spike nodded, sleepily. “It’s okay, Princess, we’ll be married before we make love again. Promise. Just as soon as we get to Texas. Which should be by tomorrow night.”

The hotel lobby man gave the couple the ‘evil eye’ and a smirk, then a room key. Buffy shuddered at the disgusting look in the old man’s eyes as he handed Spike the key to the room of the Best Western.

“Asshole,” Spike muttered, clutching Buffy to him as he led her upstairs to their room. Before either of them could say a decent goodnight to each other, they had fallen asleep on the comfy bed.

The next morning, Spike and Buffy got an early start and headed towards New Mexico, and ultimately, Texas. They had a quick breakfast and drove, steadily through the New Mexico desert.

“It’s pretty,” Buffy sighed softly, staring out at the vast, desolate span in front of them.

“That it is, baby,” Spike cooed, nodding and smiling down gently at his little treasures.

By late evening, the couple had made it to Amarillo, Texas and pulled into a gas station to refill.

“Got a question, mate,” Spike greeted the station attendant, a young guy, about his age.

“Where can a bloke and girl get married? Quick like?”

The young man scratched his head and stared at Buffy, who was half asleep in the DeSoto’s front seat.

“How old?” the kid asked, bluntly.

“My girl’s seventeen and I’m eighteen,” Spike replied, a little defensively.

“There’s a chapel, about ten miles from here,” the teen motioned down the road with his chin. “Me and my wife got married there, by Reverend Caleb Montgomery. I was seventeen, Trish was sixteen. All’s you need is your birth records, nothin’ more.”

“Tell Caleb that Tito sent you, friend,” the young man grinned at Spike kindly. “He’ll ask no questions if you do.”

Spike paid the bill and hopped into the car, turned on the ignition and drove off down the road to this ‘chapel of love’ that the attendant had recommended.

Buffy woke up, kind of, when Spike pulled into a church parking lot and tousled her, gently.

“Wake up, sweetheart,” he whispered tenderly, “it’s your wedding night.”

“I don’t have a proper dress,” Buffy sighed, wistfully.

“You’re wearing a beautiful dress, luv,” Spike assured her as he took her little hand and kissed it softly.

“Okay,” Buffy nodded in her little girl voice.

Spike got out of the car and held his hand out for his Buffy to take. He escorted her to the chapel, his arm wrapped, protectively, around her still tiny waist.

“Can I help you,” the brunette, somewhat good looking male of about thirty asked Spike as he led Buffy into the chapel.

“I need to see Reverend Caleb,” Spike said, nervously, “Tito sent me and…”

“I’m the Reverend,” the brown-eyed man replied, eyeing Buffy and Spike, appraisingly.

“Birth records?” the preacher asked, mechanically.

“Yup,” Spike replied, just as mechanically.

Caleb Montgomery motioned for Spike to follow him, indicating that Buffy should stay behind, momentarily.

“Your girl,” the preacher began, carefully, “is she?”

“Yes,” Spike replied simply. “She is.”

“Do you love her?” the preacher inquired, gazing into Spike’s blue eyes.

“More then anything in the world,” Spike replied firmly.

“Okay then,” Caleb nodded with understanding, “let’s get this show on the road.”

“Mom,” the preacher yelled down a dark hallway, “we’ve got a wedding to do.”


“I’ll get some flowers,” an obviously old woman’s voice replied in response from the end of the hall.

“Thanks mate,” Spike muttered to the preacher.

“No problem,” Caleb Montgomery replied with a smile. “This is the Chapel of Love, after all.”


‘Chapel of Love’ (Original by The Crystals)


‘Goin’ to the chapel
And we’re gonna get ma-a-arried
Goin’ to the chapel
And we’re gonna get ma-a-arried
Gee, I really love you
And we’re gonna get ma-a-arried
Goin’ to the chapl of love

Spring is here, the sky is blue, whoa-oh-oh
Birds all sing as if they knew
Today’s the day, we’ll say ‘I do’
And we’ll never be lonely anymore, because we’re


Goin’ to the chapel
And we’re gonna get ma-a-arried
Goin’ to the chapel
And we’re gonna get ma-a-arried
Gee, I really love you
And we’re gonna get ma-a-arried
Goin’ to the chapel of love

Bells will ring, the sun will shine, whoa-oh-oh
I’ll be his and he’ll be mine
We’ll love until the end of time
And we’ll never be lonely anymore, because we’re

Goin’ to the chapel
And we’re gonna get ma-a-aaired’



A/N: Amen to that brothers and sisters! Spike and Buffy are married, good and proper now…Thanks for reading and please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 16: 'Earth Angel' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you to all of you readers and reviewers.
This chapter is 'nice' kind of. The next one will be angstsy...
YOU NEVER CAN TELL


Chapter 16: ‘Earth Angel’


“My angel,” Spike moaned as he thrust into his ‘bride’ for what seemed like the thousandth time that night.

Spike and Buffy had rented a fairly decent motel room, right after they married, in Amarillo, Texas. Just the fact that they ‘found’ a fairly decent room in Amarillo, Texas, was an account that things were going to be okay. Hopefully.

The minute they had entered the nice room, Spike pulled Buffy to him and began to undress her, quickly. Buffy didn’t resist, having been proclaimed by a Preacher, and the state of Texas, a legally married woman.

It wasn’t an hour before Spike and Buffy had christened their honeymoon, and gone on to celebrate it, fully. Right now, Spike was making good on his promise to to the ‘wedding night’ right and thrusting into Buffy, from behind.

“Feels so much better without those nasty rubber thingys,” Buffy purred as her husband pummeled her from behind.

“Right,” Spike hissed in pleasure as he thrust into his little angel and clasped her slim hips with his hands. “Just one of the benefits of you being pregs, baby,” he added with a husky moan.

After they had made love and lost count doing so, Spike and Buffy snuggled into the motel room bed and just ‘talked’ for a while. Before the fell off to sleep, they went over their plans,vocally.

Meanwhile, back in Sunnydale, the Summers and Giles clan had finally come to the startling realization that Spike and Buffy had run off together!

“What the hell do you know, boy!” Hank Summers roared as he clenched his big hands together, by his side. The object of his venom was one Xander Lavelle Harris.

“Nothin’ Uncle Hank,” Xander lied, smoothly, keeping his calm and trying to keep a smug smirk from showing on his mouth. Anya, who was there too, held onto her Xander’s hand, occasionally squeezing it, tightly, in support of him.

“Liar!” Hank roared again, which was when Joyce Summers, his wife, clasped him by the arm and shushed him.

“Xander says he knows nothing, Hank,” Joyce mumbled, “give him some slack,” she advised with a warning look. Xander noticed that his Uncle’s second wife gave him a look of her own disbelief in his innocence, behind her husband’s back.

“What’s this about then, Hank,” Lavelle Harris, Xander’s father grumbled as he stood behind his oldest son. “If Xander here says he don’t know nothin’ then he don’t.”

“He knows plenty, Harris,” Hank growled at his late wife’s brother-in-law. “He’s thick as thieves with William and my Buffy. So, he’s girl there, Anya Jenkins and they both know plenty, I’ll wager!” Hank added, with a growl, almost as an afterthought.

Lavelle had brought Xander over to Hank and Joyce’s house, reluctantly. The man had not cared for Hank’s ‘summons’ of his son, Xander and Anya, however, he felt he owed his wife’s, sister’s widower ‘something’ at least.

“I’d say you’re best through with the both of them,” Lavelle Harris muttered, nastily. “Spike Giles is trash and if your precious daughter got caught up with him? Who cares. Good riddance, I say,” the older man snorted.

Hank made a rush for Lavelle, murder in his deep brown eyes. Fortunately, Xander, Rupert Giles and Joyce stopped him from putting his hands on the man.

After securing his Uncle Hank into his big, comfy chair, Xander stood in front of the Summers’ patriach, to block his way.

“Uncle Hank,” Xander sighed, heavily, “I can’t tell you ‘where’ Buffy and Spike went,” he lied easily. “But,” he continued, somewhat stammering his next sentence, “I can tell you this.”

Xander Harris paused, cleared his throat then looked deeply into his Uncle Hank’s dark brown eyes. He wanted to make this as ‘easy’ on Buffy’s dad as possible.

“Buffy is pregnant Uncle Hank,” Xander finally blurted out. “She and Spike took off to get married, knowing you’d never allow it.”

The dark haired teen stepped back from his Uncle by marriage and waited for the inevitable smack across the face routine. Xander Harris was used to that, from his own folks that is.

“Pregnant,” Hank Summers whimpered, his blue eyes wide with shock. “My baby? Having a baby?”

Rupert Giles, who had been witnessing this whole charade groaned loudly. “That boy,” he moaned in frustration, “what am I going to do with that…”

“I’ll tell you what,” Hank hissed, suddenly quite the papa lion again, “I’m going to have his ass thrown in jail. When we find him, that is,” he added with venom.

“Uncle Hank,” Xander interjected, quietly, “both Spike and Buffy are under age, sir,” the teen reminded everyone present. “How can you arrest Spike? He’s underage, just like Buffy. Oh, Uncle Hank, for God’s sake,” Xander shook his dark head and sat down on the Summers’ sofa. “Can’t you just let them be happy, Buffy and Spike I mean? They love each other, just let them go. In peace, please.”

“My God,” Hank groaned, miserably, “they’re barely able to feed and clothe themselves! How can they be married, raise a child? They’re under age, you’re right,” Hank’s countenounce brightened, briefly, “they can’t marry. They’ll be back and…” This seemed to lighten the Summers’ patriach’s mood, slightly that it.

“Uncle Hank,” Xander interjected, his voice low and very subdued.
“I don’t ‘know’ where Spike and Buffy went to get married, sir,” the dark haired teened lied again, but in a respectful tone. “Possibly in a northern state? Mid west. I did hear Spike mention Indiana, or was it Kentucky? Xander offered weakly.

“I can assure you, Uncle Hank,” Xander tried not to sound to smug, “Spike and your daughter are married by now. Legally, somewhere far away from this place and frankly, no disrespect,” the teen continued. “Spike and Buffy love each other, they wouldn’t have married if they didn’t. They had to go away, somewhere they’d be accepted as man and wife. I don’t need to remind you, Uncle, that California may demand parental consent for seventeen and eighteen-year-olds? But there’s a lot of states, and a country up north, that doesn’t ask questions after sixteen. Okay?”

Xander looked his Uncle square in the face and sighed, heavily. Shaking his dark head, he reached out and took Anya’s hand again.

“Let’s get you home,” Xander murmered to Anya. “Nothing more ‘we’ can do here, baby. I don’t think ‘they’re’ going to listen.”

Xander led Anya to the Summers’ front door and glanced back, briefly, at the somber adults that just sat, stood and watched the young couple leave.

“Uncle Hank,” Xander began, quietly, “I think you better come to grips that Buffy is married, going to be a mother and just let it be as such. Please?”

Xander opened the front door and led Anya, who had been unusually silent, out of it. The door slammed shut and that’s when all hell really broke loose inside the Summers’ house.

“Let it be?” Hank hissed, leaping up from the chair and glowering at Rupert Giles. “Let’s just see if I let this be. I’ll find those two brats if I die trying and when I do? I’m dragging Buffy back here, forcing her to give up this mistake of hers and sending her to a private boarding school. To save what’s left of her education and her once promising future!”

Rupert didn’t respond, just hung his head, sadly. Joyce watched as Hank stormed out of the living room, into dining room, bar area.

“How ‘will’ they live, Rupert?” Joyce asked, emotionally exausted from all the unheaval. Her nerves were completely shot and she prayed that Dawn, upstairs in her room, had not heard any of this mess downstairs.

“I don’t know, Joyce,” Rupert sighed in a shaky voice. “My son is resourceful, I know that and Buffy and he ‘will’ make it. Somehow,” Giles whispered, hopefully.

Spike and Buffy rented a one bedroom, four room tiny house in Houston. Xander’s friend Jesse and his wife, Fred had arranged the whole thing, in just two days. The house belonged to a school teacher and his wife, that once taught the children of oil field and construction workers. The couple had moved back East and kept the house to rent to needy couples. For Spike and Buffy? It had been a windfall.

Jesse set up a job for Spike, at the construction company that his dad owned. Apparently, even though Jesse’s parents had not approved of his young marriage, they had fallen in love with their only grandson, Jake. Nothing was too much to ask for by Jess and Fred now, from his folks, so Mr. Green gladly took Spike on as an employee. The older Mr. Green never asked questions about Spike or Buffy.

After Spike and Buffy bought a few used items for furniture, they set up housekeeping in their new home. It would be tough, of course, but they already had some built in friends, via Xander Harris. Jesse and Fred Green had been a Godsend to Buffy and Spike, everything they had done to help the couple had turned out, so far.

Of course Buffy and Spike kept in touch with Xander and Anya, by pay phones. Xander and Anya never, ever, let on as to where their best friends had run off to. Lavelle Harris and his wife, had never really been aware of Jesse Green, Xander’s friend. Much like most of poor Xander’s miserable childhood, his folks just didn’t pay that much attention to him. Therefore, they had no idea that Jesse now lived in Texas and that Xander would have called on him for a personal favor.

At night, after Spike’s long day at work, Buffy would have his supper ready and waiting. Such as it was, that is. Buffy wasn’t known for her domestic skills, but she muddled through somehow and she was improving, daily.

Spike would come home, bathe and then settle down in front of their little black and white TV with Buffy. Dinner was ‘their’ time together, without the worries of every day survival.

Buffy had wanted to get a job, doing something, but Spike nixed the idea, immediately. Some gut instinct, deep inside Spike, warned him that his wife’s pregnancy was not going to be easy for her, or him. She was such a little thing, Buffy was and so young. It scared Spike to think that things might not go well with the delivery and he felt Buffy should take it easy during the whole pregnancy.

Sometimes, at night, after dinner, when it was real quiet and peaceful outside of the little white house? Spike and Buffy would crank up their little Hi-Fi record player and slow dance to some love song.

These times would always stick out in Spike’s memories, as the best times. When he was with his Buffy, his angel on Earth, alone. Dancing slow together.


‘Earth Angel’ (by The Crew Cuts)


‘Earth angel, earth angel,
Will you be mine?
My darling dear,
Love you all the time.
I’m just a fool,
A fool in love with you.

Earth angel, earth angel
The one I adore
Love you forever and ever more
I’m just a fool
A fool in love with you.

I fell for you and I knew
The vision of your love-lovliness
I hoped and I pray that someday
I’ll be the vision of your happiness…


Earth angel, earth angel
Please be mine
My darling dear
Love you all the time
I’m just a fool
A fool in love with you-ou-ou’


A/N: Somebody fire up the grill and throw the corn on!!!

This fiction is close to the end, finally. Maybe three more chapters?
I hope this chapter kind of updated readers on what was going on in Texas and California?

Anyway, things aren’t going to be all rosy in Houston, promise. In the next chapter (Lonely Teardrops) Spike and Buffy have a bad argument and of course, Buffy will run off from him…cry, cry. (Don’t worry, she won’t run too far, but Spike doesn’t know that…)

Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 17: 'Lonely Teardrops' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you to everyone for reading this story. It means so much to me.
YOU NEVER CAN TELL


Chapter 17: ‘Lonely Teardrops’


‘Nearly four months later, after the last chapter’


William ‘Spike’ Giles groaned, wearily, when the alarm next to the bed that he and his wife, Buffy shared, went off.

‘Fucking bloody hell, of course,’ Spike hissed, a little resentful, to himself, ‘it’s already 5:00 AM and I need to pull out of here and head off to work.’

Spike’s gaze fell upon his wife, Buffy, who still slept soundly next to him. His countenance softened, a little, as he took in the beauty that was his young wife, and the mother of his child.

‘Pull it together,’ Spike ordered himself, sternly, ‘she needs you,’ he reminded himself. ‘Your baby needs you,’ he added with a sigh.

Buffy was getting pretty big, baby wise, and daily, it reminded Spike that he was the sole provider for her and their child. It was a daunting task, really, to be the only one really supporting this fledgling little family.

After firing up the stove, to make some coffee in the pot, Spike stepped out onto the back porch to have a smoke. He’d cut down, on the cigarettes that is, greatly. Still needed to quit, he realized, with all this bad press and such, lately. Supposedly, although no big surprise, cigarettes were ‘bad’ for your health.

“What do you want for breakfast?” Buffy asked with a yawn, from behind him. She stood, blurry eyed, in their kitchen and stared out at the back porch, questioningly.

“Anything,” Spike croaked in response. A little more abrupt then he actually meant to be. True, Buffy had become a better cook and housekeeper, but sometimes, some of the poor girl’s culinary creations were questionable, to say the least.

Buffy waddled over to the stove and turned off the burner, underneath the coffee pot. She poured Spike his cup of coffee, then one for herself and headed to the Amana fridgerator.

“Eggs?” Buffy grunted.

“Fine,” Spike responded as he ground out the cigarette butt with his booted foot.

They ate together, but in silence. Buffy had noticed a slight change in her William’s demeanor, for the last few weeks or so. Of course, she wrote it off as ‘worry’ as to the upcoming birth of their child. But, the insecure, hormonal part of Buffy’s brain and body just ‘had’ to think it was something else. Something ‘she’ was doing wrong, in the long run.

“What’s bothering you, baby?” Buffy asked, warily. “You’ve been ‘funny’ for a few weeks? What’s up?”

Spike sighed in frustration and tossed his uneaten piece of toast onto his plate. He gave Buffy a roll of his blue eyes and responded with a grumble, “what isn’t wrong?”

Buffy flinched, nervously, and bolted out of her chair. She picked up her finished plate and William’s unfinished one, dramatically.

As she placed the used dinner ware into the little sink, Buffy mumbled, under her breath, “me? Is that what’s wrong?”

Spike’s acute hearing picked up Buffy’s words and he slammed his fist down on the table in front of him. “Grow up, Buffy,” he hissed, angrily.

“Let’s get real here,” he continued, almost coldly, as Buffy turned to face him. She tried not to let the self-pitying tears she felt, slip down her cheeks. Not in front of ‘him’ that is. This, this man that had knocked her up and…

“I can barely keep food on the table, pay the rent and keep us clothed and we’ve got less then two months until William Jr. arrives there,” Spike pointed at Buffy’s protruding tummy, resentfully. (Or so Buffy thought).

“Frankly,” Spike continued, roughly, “I have no idea how I’m going to pay for the hospital bill. And that’s even if everything goes smoothly. What about if there’s a problem, eh?”

Spike couldn’t help himself, he glared at his Princess, not even trying to cover his momentary resentment at her. For ‘getting’ them into this mess in the first place.

“The eggs,” Buffy mumbled, almost in a daze. “I paid for them, with the pennies we’ve saved up from since we got here. It was so humiliating, Will,” she began to cry, softly, “to have to use a roll of pennies to buy food.”

‘God help me,’ Spike groaned silently, ‘I’m so fucking tired and I still don’t have enough money saved. For Buffy, for the baby or me.’

“I offered, to get a job,” Buffy murmered in a defensive tone. “Tried to help out, financially,” she added with a pout, barely concealing the now falling tears.

“And just what is it that you can do, as a real job, Princess?” Spike hissed, snarkily. His weariness unconcealed as he glared, yet again, at his beautiful wife.

“Will…” Buffy stammered, somewhat shocked at this ugly side of her wonderful, albeit young husband.

“Last time I checked?” Spike spat, sarcastically, “they don’t pay wages for cheerleaders. Especially fat ones,” he added with an uncontrolled sneer.

“Oh God,” Buffy gasped, her hand placed over her mouth, as if to stave off any more harsh responses, from her anyway.



Finally, Buffy removed her tiny hand from her mouth and sighed, sadly, “I guess I should have gone through with it, huh, Will?” She sounded so lost and sad, to Spike, probably to herself.

“Just should have let that so called doctor stick that thing up me and got rid of this…” Buffy couldn’t finish, she broke down, sobbing uncontrollably.

“Maybe you should have,” Spike mumbled, sounding not truly convinced at his own words.

“It’s another girl, isn’t it!” Buffy hissed, going completely cave woman on her man. “You’ve found some thin, pretty little piece of ass that’ll satisfy you, since I can’t anymore. Not really anyway, and…”

“No!” Spike roared in disbelief that his Buffy would ever think ‘that’ of him. Or that his Earth angel could ever use such language as that. “I’d never even look at another bird. It’s just you, baby, always,” he whimpered, still shocked that his Princess could even consider such a thing of him.

“Oh, Jesus, Buffy,” Spike choked out, immediately, realizing what he’d actually said, earlier, and that he didn’t really mean it.

‘What the fuck was I thinking?’ Spike asked himself in disgust. ‘To ever throw that night, back in Sunnydale at her?’

“I’m sorry, please forgive me,” he begged as he stood from his chair and headed to his wife. To comfort her, that is.

“Go to work,” Buffy spat, her usually soft voice was harsh and bitter. Buffy’s face was scrunched up and Spike could swear he saw true hate for him, in her gorgeous green eyes.

“Just go to work, that’s something you’re good at, at least,” she snapped at him.

“Buffy…” Spike reached out his arms to hold his wife to him, but she turned away, quickly.

“Get away from me,” Buffy hissed, her back turned to him. “Get the hell away from me and stay away. When you get home tonight?” she mumbled, “don’t even talk to me. You’re a real asshole, you know that Giles?” she choked on the name she called him, but kept her back turned to him. Shutting him out and shunning him away from her.

Later, at the construction site, Spike held the house frame up, securely, as Jesse hammered some nails into the structure. The blond teen’s mind was anywhere but here, on this particular job. He thought about his beautiful Buffy, his angel, at home, alone. Probably crying her eyes out at the horrible things they’d said to each other, this morning.

At first break, Spike had tried to call Buffy on their phone. Fred and Jesse had encouraged the couple to spend some money on a phone, especially as Buffy’s delivery date grew closer. When Buffy didn’t answer, again Spike just figured that she was playing hard to get, kind of shunning him.

‘I’ll make it up to her,’ Spike assured himself, as he hung up the pay phone and made his way back to the job site. ‘I’ll stop and buy her some roses, somewhere, and for a low price,’ he mumbled. He was disgusted at himself for not being able to afford better things for his Buffy.

Lunchtime, came and went, and Spike tried again, to call Buffy at home. Still, no answer. He began to get a horrible, sinking feeling deep inside him and when second break came? Spike hurried to the pay phone and called his ‘girl’ once again.

“Answer, baby,” he pleaded over the phone receiver, desperately, “please, please answer, Princess,” he begged and begged. Again, there was no answer at ‘their’ home.

The minute Spike got home from work, a discount bunch of roses in his left hand, he realized the truth. Buffy, his Buffy, was gone. Her little suitcase, the one that she’d packed, so carefully, months before, was missing. So was at least half of her wardrobe.

“Oh God,” Spike groaned, miserably, “my ‘baby’, my ‘babies’ are gone,” he whimpered. After he had checked out the bedroom, all of the closets and dresser drawers, Spike had to accept the truth. Buffy had left him, totally, and probably gone home, to Sunnydale, California, and her secure, safe life there.

“She’s run back to Daddy,” Spike grumbled, resentfully, opening another beer and drinking it down in one gulp.

Without really thinking, Spike headed to the Hi-Fi phonograph and selected a particularly appropriate song to play. He slipped the record onto the phonograph and opened yet another bottle of beer,with his teeth of all things.

Sitting down on the otherwise empty sofa, totally miserable by now and close to tears. Spike watched the bloody stupid record play and spin out the sorrowful song.


‘Lonely Teardrops’ (by Jackie Wilson)


‘My heart is crying, crying lonely teardrops
My pillow’s never dry of lonely teardrops
Come home, come ho-o-o-o-o-o-ome
Sa-ay you will (say you will)
Hey-ah-hey (say you will)

My heart is crying, crying lonely teardrops
My pillow’s never dry of lonely teardrops
Come home, come ho-o-o-o-ome,
Just say you will, say you will (say you will)
Hey say you will

Just give me another chance, for our romance
Come on and tell me that one day you’ll return,
‘Cause every day that you’ve been gone away
You’ll know that my heart does nothing but burn…

Crying lonely teardrops
My pillow’s never dry of lonely teardrops
Come home, come ho-o-o-o-ome,
Just say you will (say you will)
Hey, say you will

Say it right now, baby (say you will)
Come on, come on
Say you will, baby…’


Spike picked up the phone receiver and dialed Jesse Green’s home phone number. Not surprised when Jesse answered, Spike pleaded with the older teen to come over and ‘talk’ to him.

“I’ll be there, in 10 minutes,” Jesse promised his friend. “Stay put,” the older ‘man’ ordered, judging that Spike had been drinking, heavily by now.

“She’s left me,” Spike mumbled, guiltily, as he handed his friend, Jesse a beer bottle for himself. “Buffy’s gone and I just know she’s found a way to head home, to Sunnydale,” he choked out, his voice full of pain and misery.

“I see,” Jesse mumbled, watching his friend, warily. The dark haired man took a swig of beer and eyed Spike, thoughtfully.

“Can I ask you something?” Jesse inquired with a raised brow, “about ‘before’ you came to Houston?”

Spike took another swig of his beer and nodded, silently.

“Did Buffy try and have an operation? In California?” Jesse asked, bluntly.

Spike spit his mouthful of beer out and gasped loudly. He glared at Jesse Green, suddenly sorry that he asked his so called friend to join him in his misery.

“Don’t get all full of piss and vinegar, Spike,” Jesse shook his dark head at the blond teen. “Buffy talks to Fred, a lot,” he nodded, sipping his own beer.

“Buffy confided in Fred, who told me, sorry, but that’s the way it is,” Jesse sighed. “Girls need a girlfriend to confide in, Spike,” he added, knowingly.

“What? You think that the minute that Fred told me she was pregnant with Jake,” Jesse stared at his new friend in disbelief, “that ‘we’ didn’t think about ‘that’ operation? This is Houston, Texas, Spike,” Jesse snorted, “Mexico is less then three hundred miles south of here. It’s legal, in Mexico, did you know that?”

“No,” Spike mumbled gruffly. “I don’t give a rat’s arse where it’s legal or not. I want Buffy, and our baby,” he finished with a grunt of his own and took another swig of his drink.

“I wanted the baby, and Fred, too,” Jesse nodded firmly, “and I thank God, every day, that we didn’t make that trip across the border. It’s just that it’s hard on us, all of us, Spike,” Jesse sighed heavily. “It’s hard enough, to survive, day by day,” the wise nineteen-year-old sighed, “but for us, the really young ones? It’s near impossible.”

“Me and Fred? We got lucky. My folks came around, they love little Jake, desperately, like we do. Fred’s folks, they died, years ago and left her to an old maiden aunt to raise her. The old biddy could have cared less what happened to my Winnefred,” Jesse continued, bitterly.

“When she got pregnant with Jake, the old bitch said ‘good riddance’ to her neice and encouraged us to get married. Happily, it turned out,” Jesse finished with a warm smile.

“I want Buffy, and our baby,” Spike repeated, his words slightly slurred form the alcohol he’d imbibed. “Don’t want her to leave me,” Spike whimpered, in a self-pitying tone. “I love Buffy and she’s gone,” the blond teen began to cry, all unmanly like. He tried to stop the flow of tears, but he couldn’t and finally, he just broke down and let them slip down his cheeks.

“She’s run back home to Daddy Hank. He’ll make it all better for her, make things right. The fuck’ll make my Buffy give our baby away and he’ll…” Spike couldn’t finish, he broke down and began to sob, in earnest.

“Don’t be an ass,” Jesse chuckled, ignoring his friend’s pain, or so it would seem. “Buffy’s at my house, with Fred, has been all day,” the dark haired man grinned at the sobbing blond teen.

“Maybe next time,” Jesse chuckled, evilly, “you’ll be more careful with what you say to your pregnant wife, eh?”

Spike leapt up from the sofa and headed for the front door. “I’ll go to your place, drag my Buffy home,” he threatened with a really ‘manly’ sniff or two.

“No,” Jesse ordered, motioning Spike to sit back down on the sofa in front of him. “You’ll do no such thing. You’ll let Buffy and ‘you’ settle down and cool off,” he continued with authority.

“Tomorrow, I’ll have Fred go to my Mom’s, for breakfast, with little Jake and leave Buffy at our house, alone. I’ll tell Dad that you’ll be missing work tomorrow. You can go over to our place and ‘fix’ this mess with Buffy. Guarantee it, Buffy’ll be home, with you, by tomorrow afternoon. You just stay here, drink yourself into oblivion and get cleaned up in the morning. Then, you go to our place, confront Buffy, on your knees, that is,” Jesse gave Spike a stern look. “And make sure you kiss your girl’s ass, a hundred times, if need be. Beg her forgiveness.”

Spike wiped the tears from his flushed cheeks and smiled, slightly at his friend. “Thanks, mate,” he whispered softly.

“It’s okay, man,” Jesse grinned at the blond teen, “we guys? We gotta’ stick together at times like this. Make each other understand what real assholes we can be at times, huh?” Jesse chuckled again and saluted his friend, Spike, with his beer bottle.


A/N: Short chapter…and so soon! Thanks for reading, please review and again, thanks. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 18: 'Night Time (Is the Right Time)' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you for your lovely reviews and to everyone reading this story. I thought maybe a couple more chapters, but maybe more? I'm not sure. I have to follow my muse!
Thanks,
Luv, Spuf
YOU NEVER CAN TELL


Chapter 18: ‘Night Time (Is the Right Time)’



Spike woke up, the next morning with a slight hangover. Make that a terrible, harsh hangover, but he carried on and stumbled into the bath, to ‘wake’ up properly. If he ever, ever, did anything right in his entire life? It would have to be done this morning.

For Buffy. To give his Buffy what she deserved.

He choked down a dry piece of toast and three cups of coffee before he got up his nerve to confront. No, make that ‘face’ his wife and apologize for his God awful behavior of the day before.

After bathing, smoking at least five cigarettes and practicing his ‘ass’ kissing routine, Spike headed over to Jesse and Fred’s house. Jesse had called, around 8:00 AM to confirm that Buffy would be alone in the house and that she and Spike could ‘talk’ privately.

The roses, from the day before, were a little worse for wear, but Spike freshened them up and placed them, reverently, on the front seat of the DeSoto. He drove, quickly, if wisely, to his destination and arrived at around 9:00 AM.

Taking a deep, calming breath, Spike knocked on the Green’s front door, praying that Buffy would open it to him. She did, slightly.

“What?” Buffy hissed, her mouth was twisted in a sullen little pout. Spike love that pout, normally, just not this sullen version of it.

“I’m sorry,” he blurted out, before either one of them could say anything else. He held the roses out to his Buffy, in front of him, hoping she’d open the screen door and invite him inside.

“I love you,” Spike added, sincerely. Then he hung his head in shame. Horrified by his ugly, harsh words and behavior from yesterday.

Buffy stood there, at the screen door of their friends’ home and shuffled her little feet, nervously. She swallowed hard, trying not to cry again, something she’d done, on and off, for the last 24 hours.

“You hurt me,” Buffy whispered in a strained, desperate voice, “badly, Will,” she finished with a sniffle.

“I know,” Spike replied, his voice just as desperate and strained, “and I ‘am’ sorry, baby,” he finally looked her straight in the eye.

“Come in,” Buffy whispered, suddenly, opening the screen door and motioning her husband inside.

Spike stumbled into the Green’s house, flopping onto their practical, but rather posh couch. The Green house was pretty well furnished and Spike was reminded of how ‘poor’ money wise Buffy and him really were.

‘I can’t give my Buffy this,’ Spike thought sadly as he looked around at the living room furnishings. ‘I can’t do anything right,’ shook his head with self pity.

Buffy took the flowers from Spike’s trembling hands and just held onto them, tightly. She was a little surprised at the gesture, and wondered, briefly, where Will had gotten the roses and how he paid for them?

‘Now,’ she thought, momentarily angry at herself, ‘that’s just great. He brings you flowers and you’re wondering how he bought them? You are a piece of work, Buffy Summers Giles,’ she chided herself, yet again.

“They’re pretty,” Buffy murmered, sniffing the fragrance of the roses, gently.

“You’re beautiful,” Spike whispered, trying to catch Buffy’s emerald eyed gaze with his.

She looked up and smiled, softly, at her young husband, trying not to break out in tears, again. Tears would do no good, not now. They needed to talk things out, definitely, and both of them needed their wits about them to do so.

“Buffy,” Spike sighed deeply as he leaned forward and kept his eyes plastered to hers. “I’m so bloody scared,” he whispered, ashamed at his weakness. “I’m fucking terrified, sweetheart,” Spike reached out and took one of Buffy’s tiny hands in his.

“I’ve let you down. No,” Spike frowned and shook his head, “don’t deny it. I’ve let you and our baby down. I didn’t want to,” he continued in a shaky voice, “never intended to be such a fuck up and…”

“You are not a fuck up!” Buffy blurted out, then desperately threw herself into Spike’s arms. She was careful not to crush or drop the pretty roses he’d bought her.

“You’re anything but that,” she cried, literally, burying her face into his shoulder and hugging him tightly to her.

Spike held his Buffy close to him, squeezing her so tightly, that she had to squeak in protest.

“I need to breathe, Will,” she chuckled softly.

“I’m sorry,” Spike mumbled, letting loose of her, just a little, as not to let her wriggle out of his grasp.

“So am I,” Buffy murmered into his ear, her warm little breath caused it’s usual tingle, like she always did, to run down his spine.

“I mean it, baby,” Spike groaned, pulling her back to him, tigher then ever, “I am so sorry for everything. I love you, our baby, so much. Will you come home? Now? We can talk more, there.” He reared back and lifted her chin up with his finger to gaze into her beautiful eyes.

“Yes,” she replied, simply. “I will come home, now, Will.” As if she’d decided to do just that, the minute she had left him.

“I didn’t mean it, about you being unable to have a job, or being…”

“I know,” Buffy smiled, a hint of residue pain flitted across her face. “You were angry, tired and afraid, Will, I get that. I am too, sometimes.”

“But I ‘do’ love you too, and I think we’ve just weathered our first, major storm, William Giles,” she smiled, proudly. “After this? Nothing’s going to take us down,” she nodded, assuring them both at the same time.

“I agree,” Spike whispered, trying not to let the traitorous tears of relief fall from his eyes. “We’re stronger then anything the world can throw at us, Buffy, sweet,” he said, pressing his forehead to hers.

Spike kissed his Buffy, tenderly, on her sweet lips and hugged her tightly to him.

“Now,” he began, quietly, “please go and pack your little suitcase. I have the day off and I want to take you to a decent breakfast, or lunch. Whatever you like,” he grinned at her, delighted when his love smiled back, affectionately.

“Never unpacked it,” Buffy giggled, a tiny teardrop slid down her warm little cheek.

“Never?” Spike asked, a little stunned.

“Never,” Buffy replied with a another giggle. “I figured you’d come and fetch me before I would have to unpack anything, really.”


Spike and Buffy ate at the finest ‘café’ in Houston. At least the finest café that was nearest their house, in Houston that is.

“I swear,” Buffy mumbled, slightly irritated, “if I get any bigger,” she spat. She was totally fed up with looking like the Goodyear Blimp, from LA, that is. That or an Orca whale!

They had just gotten home, after breakfast, and Spike had carried his wife over the threshhold, again, for good measure. After he’d deposited his very pregnant, but very beautiful wife on the couch? He went and got her suitcase to bring back into their house.

Once the suitcase had been set in the bedroom, quickly, Spike joined Buffy on the couch. He lay against the back of the couch, bringing Buffy with him, gently, and wrapping his arms about her body.

Neither of them spoke, for a moment or two, when Buffy finally broke the silence.

“Will?” she began, carefully, “about what you said, earlier? About being scared. I know you are, I am too, sometimes. This is all so grown up, and scary, for both of us. It’s pretty frightening, huh? But we love each other, right?”

“Absolutely,” Spike chuckled and kissed Buffy’s head, lovingly.

“Then we’ll be okay,” Buffy sighed, contently. “Don’t you think so?”

“I know so,” Spike replied, nuzzling his lips into Buffy soft hair, while he ran his hands up and down her arms. And, he meant every word of what he said.

“Tomorrow,” Spike began, his voice deep with determination, “I’m going to old man Green and telling him I’ll need more money, or more overtime. One or the other. We’ve got to get serious, baby,” he added, sternly, “and get the money we need. For the baby’s coming and the things she’ll need and…”

Buffy began to giggle, her body shaking against Spike’s in glee.

“And what’s so funny?” Spike asked, trying to sound stern, but failing, miserably.

“You said ‘she’ when you talked about the baby, Will,” Buffy continued giggling. “You’ve always referred to it as a ‘boy’ before. Now?”

“I want a girl,” Spike stated, a mulish look on his handsome face. “I want a little girl that looks just like you, Princess Buffy. With green eyes and a funny but cute little nose and…”

“I do not have a funny nose, William Giles,” Buffy pouted with a defensive tone.

“You do,” Spike nodded, trying not to chuckle at Buffy’s expression. “But note, I said ‘cute’ nose, too. And it is. It’s perfect, sweet,” he added tenderly, kissing the said nose on the tip.

“Okay,” Buffy sighed, contented again, “it is perfect,” she snuggled back into her guy.

“We need to go, this weekend,” Spike continued, “to pick out baby things. For our little girl,” he held his wife, tightly, afraid to let her go.

“A crib, a stroller, baby clothes,” Spike began to tick off the items they would soon need for their little addition to the family.

Buffy felt her eyes grow heavy, from lack of sleep, she supposed. Soon, as her William droned on, about after the baby was born? She found herself sound asleep, dreaming of the golden haired little girl that would be with them, soon.


Spike woke up first, finding himself stretched out, on the couch, with his Buffy laying on top of him. Buffy was still sleeping, soundly.

‘Must have fallen asleep, earlier,’ Spike reasoned. He had not slept, or at least he had barely slept the night before.

“Baby,” Spike murmered into Buffy’s warm little ear, rousing her, quickly.

“Huh?” she mumbled, a little irritated at being woken. “Where…”

“We fell asleep,” Spike smiled at his girl, lovingly. “And now,” he continued, all manly like, “you need some food, sweet.”

Lifting himself up, and Buffy in the process, Spike sat up and stretched his arms. He smiled to see his precious wife do the same.

“I’ll fix us some supper,” Buffy yawned, starting to get up from the couch.

“No,” Spike shook his head, stubbornly, “I’ll fix us some sandwhiches,” he offered. “You stay put, Princess,” he ordered with a firm tone. “My turn to take care of you,” he called back as he entered their tiny kitchen.

Later, after they had eaten their beggar’s feast, Spike and Buffy reclined on the couch, once more. Spike stroked Buffy’s long blond hair, as he held her, her back against his body.

“Mmmm,” Buffy cooed, while her William ran his hands all over her shoulders, chest and tummy.

“Wanna’ dance?” Spike whispered into Buffy’s ear, noticing she shivered in delight when he did that.

“Uh huh,” Buffy replied softly.

Spike got up and shuffled through their large record collection until he found the song he wanted.

“May I?” Spike asked, all courtly like as he held his hand out to his beloved wife.

“I’d love to,” Buffy replied with a blush.

And, oh, how they danced…


‘Night Time (Is The Right Time)’ by Ray Charles


‘Because the night time
(night and day)
Oh, is the right time
(night and day)

To be with the one you love
(night and day)
Oh…yeah…
(night and day)

I said, baby,
Oh, come on, my baby
(night and day)
You know that I want you, by my side
(night and day)
I want you to keep
(and me you!)
satisfied!
(night and day)

Cos’ I know the night time
(night and day)
Everyday is the right time
(night and day)
Yeah to be with the one
That you….oh I said that you…
Truly…love

Do I love you?
(night and day)
Oh yeah, no one above you!
(night and day)
Hold me tight
(day and night
night and day)
And make everything all right!
(night and day)

Because the night time
It’s the right time…
To be with the one you…
Love, LOVE!
(night and day)!’


A/N: I took some liberties with the wording of Ray Charles song…hope that’s okay!

Next chapter (I’m thinking at this time) Spike’s instincts will prove right and Buffy will start to have problems with her pregnancy. Someone will come forward, to help the young couple in their hour of need.

Thanks for reading and please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 19: 'What A Wonderful World' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you to everyone reading this and reviewing.

Luv, Spuf
YOU NEVER CAN TELL


Chapter 19: ‘What A Wonderful World’



Summary: Spike gets up his nerve to ask for a raise, but his boss just may beat him to the punch. This chapter is a study in how there ‘are’ wonderful, campassionate people in the world.


Spike Giles sat on a rock, smoking a cigarette and thinking about the night before. It was first break and Spike was getting ready to ‘talk’ to Mr. Green, about a raise or overtime pay. Buffy and the baby needed so many things and Spike had to be able to pay for them. His wife and child needed him to step up to the plate, completely, and take care of them, right that is.

He’d almost lost his Buffy, almost and that could never, ever, happen again. Spike realized, just last night, that he’d have to swallow his pride, buck up his nerve and ‘talk’ to Mr. Green, Jesse’s dad.

After they had danced last night, Buffy and him, they made love. Not the passionate, heated love-making that they had experienced for some time now, together. This love making was like their first time together, sweet, slow and gentle. Spike realized, even more, how much he loved and needed his wife and child. They were everything to him.

“Dad wants to see you, Spike,” Jesse’s deep voice broke into the teen’s thoughts.

Spike leapt up from the rock, grinding his cigarette butt out under his work boot. He was just about to go ask to see Mr. Green, now the old man wanted to see him?

‘This can’t be good,’ Spike grimmaced, ‘probably about my not comin’ to work yesterday. Bloody hell!’ he hissed to himself. ‘What now? Am I gonna’ get fired?’

After knocking at Mr. Green’s trailer office door, Spike was told to come in by his employer. Spike didn’t know Mr. Green, too well, that is. The man’s son had arranged for this job for Spike, as a favor to their friend, Xander Harris. Mr. Green had never really paid a lot of attention to Spike, or asked a lot of questions of him. That had suited Spike just fine, thank you.

“Sit down, Spike,” Mr. Green motioned to the chair in front of his desk. Spike noticed the rolls and rolls of apparent blue prints that decorated Mr. Green’s desk top.

After doing as he was told, Spike waited, nervously, for Mr. Green to continue.

“I don’t know much about you Spike,” Mr. Green began, almost friendly like. “Know even less about your lovely wife, Buffy is it?”

“Yes sir,” Spike nodded, still uncomfortable at this conversation, no matter how amicable Mr. Green was being.

“Hmmm,” Mr. Green leaned back in his chair and eyed the obviously anxious young man in front of him.

“Mr.Green ,” Spike began, carefully, “if this is about yesterday? I’m sorry I didn’t show, but I…”

“No, it’s not about yesterday, Spike,” Mr. Green chuckled. “Forgive my son, Jesse, but he did explain everything to me, just to cover for you. And that’s fine, really. I’m proud of my son, Jesse, that is,” the older man grinned. “He’s becoming quite a mature, good young man. As for his wife and child? I adore them.”

Spike shifted in his chair, more nervous then ever. What the hell did Mr. Green want from him?

“Jesse tells me that Buffy is due to have your baby, soon now? May I ask you, how old are you, really Spike? And how old is your Buffy?” Green asked, with a raised brow.

“I’ll be nineteen, sir, in August, the 20th that is. My Buffy is just eighteen, last April 14th.”

‘Why the bloody hell does he want to know this?’ Spike wondered, anxiously. ‘Oh shit! He’s trying to find out about Sunnydale? What happened and…’

“Don’t be nervous son,” Mr. Green smiled warmly, “I’m just interested, in my employees. Their families. Especially in you and your wife, Spike. I’ve gotten some great input from my foremen, about your work. They all think you’re the greatest employee I have, including my son, Jesse. I thought it was time to move you up, on the pay scale that is.”

Spike began to feel light-headed, bloody fucking dizzy with excitement. The old man was going to give him a raise! And he didn’t even have to ask, demand or beg on bended knee for it!

“I don’t know what to say, Mr. Green,” Spike stammered, almost shyly. “I mean, thank you, but please, I don’t want to ask for charity and…”

“Nonsense, Spike,” his employer spat, “you give me a good, hard day’s work? I pay you a well earned wage. How would that be charity, son?”

“It wouldn’t be, sir,” Spike whispered, trying not to let the threatening tears of joy and relief spill down his cheeks.

“Also,” Mr. Green, continued, “Jesse tells me that you’re a bright guy, probably can read these damn blue prints of mine. Better’n me, I’m sure. I thought maybe you could help me out with them, help me figure them out? Would you do that?”

“Of course,” Spike blurted in a heartbeat. “I’d love to…” his excited voice trailed off, in sudden embarrassment.

“Good then,” Mr. Green grinned, happily and reached out to shake Spike’s hand. “I’ve also been looking into some kind of medical benefits, to offer my employees. It’d be part of their wage and compensation packages. What do you think, Spike? Do you think you and boys out there might like medical and maybe even dental insurance coverage? For you all and your families?”

“Thank you, Mr. Green,” Spike whispered, unable to speak louder, for fear of bursting into tears of relief.

“Don’t mention it, Spike,” the older Green shook his dark head. “I like you. Don’t know you well, really, but I like the cut of you. Jesse and Winnefred can’t say enough nice things about you and your wife, Buffy. Winnefred just goes on and on about what an asset your little woman is to you. You do think your wife is an asset, don’t you Spike?”

“Oh, yeah, my Buffy’s that, Mr. Green,” Spike just finally let a lone tear slip down his cheek. My Buffy? She’s my bloody salvation, Mr. Green,” he added, sincerely.

“Okay, then,” Mr. Green chuckled proudly, happy to be of such apparent help to another young couple. “I want you to take the rest of the day off, Spike. Go home and take your wife out for a nice lunch or supper. Celebrate your pay raise, eh?”

“Thanks, Mr. Green,” Spike stood up, shakily, holding out his hand, yet again to shake this good man’s larger one.

“Don’t mention it, Spike, or is that William?” The older man grinned, mischeiviously at his employee.

“Either, sir,” Spike grinned back at him. “And sir,” Spike mumbled shyly, “thank you again. You’re a pretty nice bloke, sir. A wonderful boss,” he finished with a shy smile.

“It’s a pretty wonderful world, Spike,” Mr. Green called as the teen turned to leave. “You take good care of your ‘asset’ your ‘salvation’ son. Jesse’s mother and I? She was sixteen and I was seventeen, when we got married. I never finished High School, neither did she. But, twenty-three years and three children later? We’ve done well for ourselves, son. You and your asset will too, I’m sure.”


Buffy was washing her underthings, by hand, in the kitchen sink, humming softly. It was only 10:00 AM and she still had plenty of time to throw together the homemade spaghetti dinner she was planning for supper that night.

Her spaghetti wasn’t the best in the world, even in Texas, Buffy didn’t delude herself. However, it was passable, taste wise, and fairly inexpensive to fix. With a salad and rolls, it made a good meal. Besides, it could be stretched into two meals and that was really important right now.

She wondered how Will was making out at work, with his quest to ask for better pay, that is. It was important for William to make more money, for many reasons. One of which? Buffy realized that her husband needed to feel like he was ‘taking care’ of his family. Her young husband’s pride was at stake here, and Buffy prayed that he could convince Mr. Green to give him more pay.

‘God, Will,’ Buffy sighed as she squeezed out the soapy water from her much larger bra. ‘I hope Mr. Green comes through. I know how hard it is, for you to swallow your manly pride and…’

Her thoughts were interrupted by the slamming of the front door of their rented house.

“Buffy!” Will cried from the front door, “where are you, luv?” he asked. Buffy could ‘feel’ her husband’s excitement from the kitchen.

“Will?” Buffy dropped the wet bra back into the soapy water and hurried to the living room. She stood shocked, in the kitchen doorway, when she saw her handsome, wonderful husband standing in the vestibule, a huge bouqette of red roses in his hands. There was a huge, excited grin on his handsome mouth and Buffy realized that her brilliant hubby must have ‘gotten’ that raise he’d asked for.

“What are you doing home? Now?” Buffy asked anxiously.

“Can’t a bloke come home and see his beautiful, very sexy wife?” Spike countered with a chuckle. He closed the gap between them and threw his arms about Buffy, careful not to crush the flowers or squeeze her too tightly.

“A beautiful, sexy wife who’s husband loves her, so very much. I might add,” he added, with a quick kiss on Buffy’s sweet mouth.

“You got it, didn’t you?” Buffy whimpered, softly. “You got the raise you asked for, huh?”

“Got it, but didn’t even have to ask,” Spike whispered, proudly into his lovely wife’s little warm ear.

“I don’t understand,” Buffy pulled back and gazed into her William’s lovely blue eyes.

“Sit down, Princess,” Spike pulled Buffy to the couch. “I’ll tell you everything, all of it.”


‘What A Wonderful World’ (by Louis Armstrong)


‘I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom, for me and you
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.

The colors of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of the people going by
I see friends shaking hands, saying how do you do
They’re really saying, I love you.

I hear babies crying, I watch them grow
They’ll learn much more, then I’ll ever know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world
Yes, I think to myself…what a wonderful world.’





A/N: A quick chapter, to set things up for the next few chapters. Next time? Although Spike and Buffy are doing a little better, financially wise, their past (or should I say their families) are going to catch up with them. What will happen? And, Buffy’s delivery ‘will not’ be easy (who’s is?!?). Everyone, say a prayer and/or keep your fingers crossed for our young couple…they’ll need it when the ‘hounds of Sunnydale’ come a knockin’ at their Houston door.

Thanks for reading and please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 20: 'Da Do Ron Ron' by spufette
Author's Notes:
I'm hoping to finish this story in another chapter or tw.
Thanks.
Luv, Spuf
YOU NEVER CAN TELL



Chapter 20: ‘Da Doo Ron Ron’

Summary: Kind of a little chapter, before the sh** really, really hits the fan!



August, in Texas? It can be cruel to sinner or Saint. To Buffy and Spike? It was hell on earth, physically anyway. Especially since Buffy was in her last month of pregnancy and the humidity alone was causing the poor girl to be miserable.


Little Baby Giles, be it boy or girl, was giving the young couple the fits. For one thing, the baby wasn’t due for another three to four weeks and Buffy was puffed up like the Goodyear Blimp, even more then before. The combination of heat, humidity and last minute frustration on both Buffy and Spike’s part made things very, very uncomfortable.

The new medical coverage that Mr. Green had sprung for was a God send to the Giles’ couple. It meant good pre-baby medical exams and care for Buffy, and a relief, somewhat, financially wise for Spike.

“What do you think of Jennifer? For a girl baby,” Buffy mumbled, scrunching up her brows as she wrote ‘Jennifer’ down on their ‘baby name’ paper.

“It’s okay,” Spike shrugged, sipping his beer, deep in thought. “Just as long as you don’t name the poor brat William, if it’s a boy that is,” he chuckled.

“I like William as a name,” Buffy whined, with a pretty little pout. The one that drove Spike crazy for her.

‘Not that I can do anything about that,’ he thought, almost resentfully. ‘Only if I ‘do’ take care of it, all by myself,’ he continued in his head. ‘Getting’ a bit tired of wankin’ myself off while I remember what it’s like fucking my Buffy. Can’t wait until the little bugger is here and asleep in ‘it’s’ crib so I can make love to my wife like…’

“I said,” Buffy hissed, “I like the name William. What’s wrong with it? We can call our son ‘Billy’ short for Bill, short for William. And, I’m going to,” she pursed her lips and then smirked as good as Spike could.

“It’s a ponce’s name,” Spike spat, defensively.

“Is not,” Buffy countered, her eyes wide in anger.

“Is too,” Spike hissed, baring his white teeth.

“It’s not…oh for Pete’s sake, this is ridiculous!” Buffy groaned as she rolled over on her back, in their bed. Which they lay in, together, right at that early Saturday afternoon moment.

“That it is, baby,” Spike chuckled, pulling his wife closer to him. “The arguing over William and all,” he added with a grin. “We’re worse then a couple of spoiled brats on the playground. It’ll be better, after baby is born, though,” he nodded, reassuring Buffy.

“Let’s eat our lunch,” Buffy cooed as she handed her husband the dinner platter, with the fruit, cold cuts and crackers on it. It’s all Buffy could manage, at least lately. She was just so darned weary, all of the time now.

“I love how you’ve painted the nursery,” Buffy murmered, stroking her husband’s arm, lovingly as he munched down a cracker.

“Did it for you,” Spike grunted, self-satisfied at his hard work. “Thought the mint green would please you,” he added with a smug, proud grin.

“It does,” Buffy scrunched her brows again, “but, if it’s a girl and…”

“Mint green is fine,” Spike grumbled, “for either a girl or boy and holy damn it to hell, baby, you know that!”

“I know,” Buffy giggled wickedly, “just wanted to ‘know’ if you’re still paying attention and all. Ooooohhhhh, let’s mark off today, on the calendar!” The young mother to be squealed in delight. I know it’s still daytime, but we could ‘X’ out today and count down again to ‘D-Day’ for the baby!”

Spike chuckled happily, sipping his beer and snuggling his wife closer to him, “okay,” he nodded. “I’ll get the calendar and we can mark off the day, like usual.”

They had fallen into a pretty normal routine, Buffy and Spike had. Get up in the AM, eat their breakfast, send Spike off to work, while Buffy does the little things about their rented house. In June, Spike had surprised Buffy with a puppy. A little mutt that he’d found at a nearby animal shelter.

Buffy had fallen in love with the heinze 57 immediately and had dubbed him ‘Mr.Gordo’ for the stuffed, toy pig she’d accidently left at home. In Sunnydale.

At precisely 3:00 PM, daily, Buffy Summers Giles walked her little pup, proudly, about the neighborhood. Yes, Buffy loved that little pup, so much.

Spike love his little wife, his soon to be arriving child and his life, finally. Now, if everything just went right? The delivery, the baby’s health, everything that a man could want and hope for.

Tuesday evening arrived, and Spike sighed, heavily, as he entered his home on Joshua Street. He’d had a hard day, that was a fact. The boss had been a little rough on everyone that day and…”

“Will,” Buffy called from the bedroom, the minute Spike had entered their house. “I need you,” she rasped in a strained, pained voice.

Spike dropped his lunch box and without even bothering to take off his work boots, he hurried into the bedroom. There he found his wife, his precious, young, tiny wife, lying on their bed.

Buffy had placed a thick towel between her legs, and that alone alerted Spike to the fact that something was not quite right here.

“What is it, baby?” he asked anxiously holding his wife to his body.


“Water,” Buffy replied, a little dazed, “a river of water, from in there,” she blushed, nodding down at the lower part of her body. “It got everywhere, Will,” she moaned, “I’m sorry. It’s like I wet the bed or something. I don’t understand. This isn’t supposed to happen, at least not until it’s time and…”

“Let’s get you to Houston Memorial,” Spike ordered, taking charge. He leapt from the bed and glanced around the bedroom for a suitcase. Once he found a bag that would suit, Spike threw some clothes and night things in it.

“Don’t get up,” Spike ordered his wife, all manly like. “I’ll carry you to the car. Just let me make a phone call, to Jesse and explain. Then we’ll go to the hospital.”

Although he tried to behave like he was cool as a cucumber? Spike was a wreck inside. He knew, instinctively, that something wasn’t right about this. Buffy should have been going through labor pains before her water broke. Yes, there was something definitely off about all of this.

“Mr. Giles?” the doctor on call greeted the young, anxious husband, somewhat calmly.

“Tell me,” is all Spike could say, his gut aching in fear at what this ‘boy doctor’ might tell him.

“There ‘is’ complications, Mr. Giles,” the young medico sighed, trying not to look Spike in the eye. At least so Spike thought anyway.

“Tell me,” Spike repeated harshly, his stomach and heart doing a full on mile race now.

“The baby?” the doctor mumbled softly, “it’s heart rate isn’t what we’d like it to be. And…”

“And?” Spike asked, his left, scarred brow raised in question.

“The little thing is positioned wrong, Mr. Giles. It’s what ‘we’ call breach. The baby’s bottom is pointing down, at the birth canal. Should be the head, after all and…”

Spike felt like he was going to be sick, but he held back his illness and his tears. Nodding, the blond teen swallowed, hard, and asked, “what can we do? To help them?” The young husband glanced at the hospital room, where his pregnant wife lay.

“There’s some things we can do,” Dr. Doyle mumbled, his dark brows knitted together in thought. “Some surgeries and such. Or, we can halt the delivery, medicine wise and hope the baby adjusts itself. Or, we can even try and ‘turn’ the little thing, to the right position. Any of these ways might work Mr. Giles. It’s just a matter of hoping, praying and…”

“Thank you,” Spike rasped abruptly. “I need to see my girl now, please,” he pleaded quietly.

“Of course,” the young doctor nodded and motioned for his patient’s husband to go to her.

Buffy was sleeping, somewhat soundly, and Spike did not want to wake her. The fucking medical experts must have given her some big bad meds to keep her calm or something.

Spike watched his wife, his beautiful, beloved wife sleep. Her not so little chest and tummy rose up and then deflated, gently, as she breathed in and out in her slumber.

Tears slipped down Spike’s chiseled cheeks as he watched his ‘salvation’ sleeping, restfully. He stifled the groan of fear that rose up from his chest and convulsed in this throat. His Buffy was so damn tiny, so small and…

‘Can’t let her see or hear you like this, mate,’ he told himself. ‘She needs you, strong.’

Spike stood up and slipped out of the hospital room, past the rookie doctor. The poor guy, Dr. Doyle that is, probably tried his best, but a rookie was all he was and Spike knew it.

Searching out the hospital’s little chapel, Spike entered the empty holy place and actually ‘lit’ a candle at the altar.

Sitting down, in the first pew, the blond man stared at the flickering candle, lost in thought.

“God,” Spike whispered to the empty air. “I know I’m not the best bloke in the world to be comin’ to ‘you’ now. Am I?”

There was no forthcoming verbal answer for Spike.

“Okay, I deserve that,” he sighed deeply. “But the question here is this. Does my Buffy deserve it? Does she God? All this crap she’s been through. Everything. She tried to give the baby ‘up’ back in Sunnydale and for some reason? She changed her mind. Thank God, uhm, I mean ‘thank you’ Lord that she did change her mind.”

Spike blushed, realizing how silly this might look to anyone passing by, or who entered the little chapel.

“Okay,” Spike sighed again, “let me ask you this, God. In the grand scheme of things? Does my Buffy and me, or our little baby mean anything? Do we fit anywhere or somewhere? If we do? Then please, please help us. We need your help, Man, all the way. I’m begging you to help my Buffy, God. Please help Buffy and our baby. And me. Bloody hell, I’ll even let my Buffy name the poor kid William. If it’s a bloke that is,” Spike added for good measure.

After Spike left the little chapel, he headed towards his Buffy’s room. When he stepped inside, he found his wife awake, at last.

“Hey,” Buffy murmered, lovingly, at Spike.

“Hey,” Spike whispered, lovingly at Buffy.

“Come here,” Buffy, waved her husband over to her bed. She patted the mattress with her tiny hand and motioned for his to sit down next to her.

Spike lay down, carefully, next to his beautiful wife and held her close to him.

“It’s bad, huh?” Buffy whispered into her husband’s ear.

He couldn’t answer, just kind of nodded, weakly.

“I’ve been a bad girl, haven’t I, baby?” Buffy mumbled, tiny hot tears seeping from her green eyes.

“Hell no!” Spike hissed, trying to keep his harsh tone down to a minimal. “You’ve been a Saint, Princess,” he whispered, shakily. “You’re my good girl, my good Princess,” Spike murmered, trying to keep his own tears at bay. He snuggled his Buffy up to his body, holding her tightly.

“Okay,” Buffy sighed. “Then this is how it’s going to be,”she continued, all mama lion strong and such.

“If it comes down to me, or the baby?” Buffy mumbled, “then it’s the baby’s life, first,” she finished with a mulish look.

“Buffy…” Spike began, trying not to choke up on his own tears of fear and sorrow.

“I mean it, honey ,” Buffy whispered, but firmly, “the baby comes first, do you hear me?”

“I hear you,” Spike muttered under his breath. He lay there, with his Buffy until Spike heard her even breaths alert him that she was indeed sound asleep, again.

When Spike could be sure that Buffy was out like a light? He got out of the bed and slipped out into the hospital hallway.

Spike found a pay phone and dropped the appropriate amount of change into the slots. He dialed a number that he swore, just months earlier, he’d never call again.

When the deep, British male voice answered the other line, Spike swallowed hard and took a deep calming breath.

“Dad?” Spike greeted Rupert Giles, trying to be ‘casual’ but failing, terribly. “It’s William,” the young man tried not to burst into tears at this moment.

“It’s Buffy, Da,” Spike continued, carefully, “she’s, she’s not doing well, Da,” he gasped, feeling like he was having a heart attack, or something.

“The baby, it’s not…” Spike paused, letting his Dad interject, quickly.

“We’re in Houston, Texas, Da,” Spike replied, haltingly. “Buffy’s in the hospital, having my child, your grandchild. Yours and Mum’s grandbaby,” he added, his emotions seeping through.

“Buffy, Dad, she’s not doing well. It’s not looking good and…” Spike finally broke down and began to cry, uncontrollably.

“Please Dad,” Spike sobbed, past caring how weak he sounded, “I need you and Mum. Buffy needs you, all of you. Mr. Summers, Joyce and even Dawn. It’s bad, Dad. Please get here, all of you. As fast as you can.”


‘Da Doo Ron Ron’ (by The Crystals)


‘I met him on a Monday and my heart stood still!
Da do ron ron ron, da do ron ron
Somebody told me that his name was Bill!
Da do ron ron ron, da do ron ron…

Yeah, my heart stood still!
Yes, his name was Bill!
And when he walked me home…
Da do ron ron ron, da do ron ron’



A/N: Sigh…what the heck is going to happen?!? And, please, don’t berate me for the ‘religious’ moments in the chapter. We all need a little ‘good Karma’ right?

Thanks for reading and please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 21: 'Be My Baby' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you for the support for this fiction. I've loved writing it, literally!
YOU NEVER CAN TELL


Chapter 21: ‘Be My Baby’


Summary: The title pretty much sums it up!


Spike alternated between sitting in the hospital room, with his Buffy and stepping outside, on the hospital patio. Whenever his need for a smoke overwhelmed him, he took a hurried break outside and then rushed back into the little two-bed room of Buffy’s. By some miracle, Buffy was the only occupant, present, at this point, in the room.

‘Thank God,’ Spike kept telling himself about ‘that’ situation. ‘I can’t let everybody in God’s green creation see me fall apart, emotionally.’

“Mr. Giles?” came Dr. Doyle’s soft voice from the room’s doorway. “Can we speak, outside of here, now?”

Buffy was sleeping, soundly, in her little bed, though God only knew how she could be. So Spike decided to follow Dr. Doyle outside, into the hallway.

It was now Thursday morning, Spike having been doing ‘watch’ over his wife and unborn child all night long. He was thoroughly exhausted himself, just from the emotional stress and physical lack of sleep. How his Princess Buffy was managing all this was beyond him as she had to be in horrible pain.

“Mr. Giles, I’ve called in an old acquaintance of mine, a Dr. Ethan Rayne. He’s a Brit, like yourself, and very experienced in these kind’s of deliveries, such as your wife’s case.”

Spike glanced at an older, wiser looking doctor, who stood close by the two men. He noticed that the older doctor was watching him, carefully.

“Dr. Rayne, this is the young man I was telling you about. His wife is the patient I need you to take over for me on. This is William Giles. Mr. Giles, Dr. Rayne.”

Rayne reached and clasped Spike’s left hand in his own left hand, shaking it, firmly.

“Dr. Doyle tells me that your baby is being a little stubborn, trying to give Mum and Dad a bit of a shake up. Even before he or she gets out here, eh?” Dr. Rayne murmered matter of factly, but with a warm, almost comforting smile on his mouth.

Spike flinched, a bit, a little taken aback by this old geezer’s cavalier attitude about his Buffy and their child.

“I just…” Spike began, tersely, biting his tongue to keep from smart assing back at this pompous arse and…

“Now don’t be all up in it, there, son,” Rayne chuckled softly, “I know this situation is frightening for you and your Buffy. However,” he continued gently, “I promise you that I’m going to do everything possible to bring your child into this world. The right way and safely. Do you trust me?”

“I…” Spike stammered again, his voice cracked from strain, fear and fatigue. Something in the older doctor brought out a sudden sense of relief in Spike. Dr. Rayne reminded him of his own Dad, Rupert Giles, and a strong sense of longing overwhelmed Spike.

“I trust you,” the nervous young father to be replied, almost in a mumble. Spike couldn’t help himself, even though he felt like dying of shame. He finally broke down and began to cry, again, in front of both of the doctors.

“There, there, son,” Dr. Rayne patted Spike’s arm, comfortingly. “It’s okay to cry, really. You’re exhausted, upset and at your wits’ end, we old doctors know that. I promise you I’m going to help your Buffy deliver her baby, safely and soundly. Then when you hold the little rascal for the first time? Those tears you cry will be because of joy, not fear and sorrow.”

“I’ve delivered babies for over twenty some years, now William,” Rayne continued in his soothing voice. “Let’s step outside here, onto the patio, son. I’m afraid I haven’t quit smoking yet and I would like a break before we go take a look see at your Buffy and that little rascal that’s playing hide and seek. Shall we?”

Spike followed the two doctors out onto the patio, pulling out another cigarette for himself and one for Dr. Rayne.

“Nasty habit,” the older doctor sighed, “but my one and only true vice. Except for the drink now and then,” he chuckled lowly.

“It’s a funny thing about human babies, William. I hope it’s all right, if I call you William?” Dr. Rayne asked with a raised brow.

Nodding quickly, Spike just took another drag off of his cigarette and continued to listen to Rayne’s soothing voice.

“Good. As I was saying,” the older man nodded, taking a drag from his own smoke. “Human babies are incredibly tenacious. I spose they have to be, eh? When I was a lot younger then now, I was a doctor in the British Army. During the War,” Rayne scrunched up his brows, deep in memory of that awful time.

“I delivered a lot of babies during that time, William,” the man smiled warmly. “Some of them, I delivered while bombs dropped on the streets and houses about me, during death and destruction all around. And you know what?”

Spike shook his head, nervously, silently.

“I brought every one of those little miracles, into this world, safely. Believe it or not, William. No matter how much upheaval, or pain and destruction was going on about us. The mother, the child,or in a few cases, the children, and me? Everyone of those blessed new lives entered this world and felt my hand pat their little bums and initiate their first breaths of life.”

“Thank you,” Spike whispered in a shaky voice to match his shaking body. “For coming here, to help my Buffy and our child.”

“I want you to stay out here, William,” Rayne nodded at Spike and pointed at the other present doctor. “Dr. Doyle and I will go check on your wife and you stay here and have another cigarette. Although you should really think about giving the bloody things up. They’re unhealthy, you know.”

Spike waited, impatiently, but waited as he was instructed to do by Doctor Rayne. He must have smoked five cigarettes, continuously, as he paced back and forth on the open aired patio.

Finally, Dr. Rayne and Dr. Doyle returned to find the young man, sitting on the flowerbed wall, his head in his hands.

“William,” Dr. Rayne began, in a gentle voice, “I’m going to move things along now. With your wife and baby that is.”

“How? What about…” Spike stammered as he leapt up from the little brick wall. “What about the baby, being the wrong way and all…”

“I am going to have your wife, lovely girl by the way, moved into the delivery room. Dr. Doyle and I are going to encourage nature to take it’s course, but before the baby enters the actual birth canal? I’m going to try and turn the baby to face the proper way and be born, naturally,” Rayne finished the sentence with a hopeful, reassuring tone.

“I see,” Spike murmered softly, his stomach was now up in his throat and his heart had began racing like a car. He felt like he was going to pass out, scream or throw up. Or all three, not necessarily in that order.

“Will, will my Buffy be okay?” Spike whispered in a raspy voice. “I love her, so bloody much and…” he began to sob, quietly.

“She will,” Dr. Rayne replied softly. “I promised you, William and I always keep my promises,” he added gently.

Spike sat in the little waiting room, nervously shaking his left leg that was crossed over his right one. He had stopped by the chapel, once again, to get in even better with the old man upstairs. Now he could only wait, a long, horrible, tormenting wait that was wearing on his frayed nerves even more then before.

‘Oh God,’ Spike sighed deeply, silently, ‘please, please let the Doc be right. Help him to help my Buffy, our baby. And on that note, God?’ The young man grimmaced briefly, ‘help me to be able to handle Hurracaines Summers and Giles when they blow into Houston.’

Spike couldn’t delude himself. No matter how things turned out, with Buffy, their child? Hank Summers would blow into this Hospital and make his presence known, that was for bloody sure. Mr. Summers would do everything in his power, financially and fatherly, to persuade Buffy to give up this baby, leave himself, Spike, and run back to Sunnydale. That was a given, Spike had no doubts.

‘I had to call them,’ Spike kept assuring himself. ‘Had to let them know that my Buffy is in danger. Terrible, awful danger. If Hank Summers even tries to talk to my Buffy alone, or convince her to ditch me and give up our baby? I’ll fucking snap the bastard’s neck in two and…’ he began to cry, softly again.

‘Jesus, pull yourself together you ponce,’ Spike ordered himself, angrily. ‘You’re the bloody man here. Deal with this and be there for Buffy and the baby. No matter what,’ he added, fearfully.

Dr. Doyle took that moment to rush into the waiting room and up to Spike.

“Dr. how’s the baby? Buffy?” Spike bolted from the chair and asked the young doctor, anxiously.

“He did it!” Dr. Doyle crowed, gleefully. “Dr. Rayne coaxed your baby to flip itself over and get in the right position! Everything’s going to be fine now William!” Doyle shouted, excitedly, ignoring the odd stares from the rest of the hospital staff, and visitors.

“Oh bloody fucking thank Jesus, Mary and God!” Spike nearly screamed in triumph. The blond teen threw his arms around Dr. Doyle and hugged the young medical man, tightly.

“Thank you,” Spike murmered in a shaky, voice, “God, thank you and Dr. Rayne, so much, man. I…” he couldn’t continue, just broke down and let the pent up tears run freely down his cheeks.

“I”ve got to get back,” Doyle grinned, “everything should be fine now, William.” The young doctor sighed in relief. “Buffy’s doing fine and the baby is better then ever. Heart rate’s normal, now, both of theirs’ and it should be any time. For the baby to make it’s appearance, that is. I’m going back, to assist Dr. Rayne now.”

Spike watched his new best friend saunter back into the delivery room. He was impatient, more then before, for the baby to come and for Buffy and him to hold the new life they had created.

“It’s gonna’ be fine,” Spike whispered into the empty waiting room. “We’re gonna’ be fine,” he added with his own sigh of relief.


“Thanks, man.” Spike looked up at the ceiling of the waiting room and nodded at that unseen, omnipresent ‘Power That Be’ that he’d come to re-familiarize himself with. Just recently, that is.

It seemed like hours, but perhaps, it was only minutes before Dr. Doyle returned to the little waiting room and one William Giles.

“William,” Dr. Doyle called, softly, to the deep in thought teenager.

Spike stood up, took a deep breath and began to ask the good doctor what the status on his wife and child was.

“There’s two very beautiful girls, in that room right there, William,” Dr. Doyle cut off his paitent’s young husband, abruptly.

“Two very lovely girls, wanting to see you,” the young doctor repeated, grinning from ear to ear.

“Oh, God!” Spike cried, joyfully as he swept past Dr. Doyle and sprinted into the delivery room.

There, he found his wife, his beautiful, beloved Buffy, lying in a damp, sterile white-sheeted bed. Buffy held a little, squirming bundle in her dear, long slim arms.

Spike suddenly felt very weak, very tired and very unimportant, in the grand scheme of things, that is. He mustered up enough strength and courage to ask a simple question, though.

“Is that?” Spike whispered, all wide-eyed and in awe of his wife and new born child.

“It is,” Buffy giggled, wearily. “This is our little girl, William Giles,” she sighed, gazing down at the pink swaddled bundle in her arms, lovingly.

“Ours. Little girl,” Spike whispered, still in stunned awe at the picture before him.


Buffy looked like the Madonna herself, all serene and motherly, snuggling their daughter up to her flushed body. Except, this was a girl child and everybody was human and…

‘Oh for God’s sake, idiot!’ Spike derided himself. ‘Go over and climb into bed with your wife and introduce yourself to your daughter!’

He did just that, Spike did. Hurried over to the tiny bed and clamored up onto it. Careful not to squish mother or daughter in the meantime.

Buffy snuggled close to her William, careful not to squish the tiny, wonderful little miracle between them. The baby began to squirm and grumble, loudly, in protest of her newborn hunger.

“Time to feed little Miss here,” Buffy giggled, pulling her hospital gown aside and offering her daughter a good ‘first’ meal.

“Hungry little chit, huh?” Spike chuckled as he watched the miracle of his wife feeding their daughter with her own life’s milk.

“She’s been through a lot, Will,” Buffy sighed, laying her head back onto he pillow.

“I love you,” Spike blurted out, suddenly, trying not to let his young wife see the mixed tears of joy and relief fall from his eyes.”

“Well, I kind of like you too,” Buffy giggled, still a bit dazed by all this delivery stuff. She felt almost ‘tipsy’ from alcohol, she was so tired and…

“You’ve been through so bloody much, baby,” Spike whispered, nuzzling Buffy’s neck with his warm mouth. “Too much. This is it for us, baby,” he added, firmly. “No more babies and such. I’m going to…”

“You’ll do no such thing, William Giles!” Buffy gasped, all indignant and all. “I want another two or three of these little darlings, at least!” she stated, just as firmly.

“But it was so hard on you and…” he began, all practical like and still shaking from the ‘scare’ that they’d gotten over the delivery.

“It’ll be easier, next time,” Buffy nodded, serenly. “Next time, we’ll be more ready. Promise,” she finished with a self-satisfied sigh.

“Well, okay,” Spike grumbled, but smiled as he did. “Next time we’ll be more then ready. Agreed.” He nodded, very self-satisfied by this time, also. Especially seeing how wonderfully beautiful and sedate his wife and daughter were, at this moment.

“I’d like to name her Jennifer Joyce Giles, Will,” Buffy murmered with a tired yawn. “For your mother and my stepmom. Is that okay?”

“More then okay, Princess,” Spike whispered warmly, giving his wife’s sweet mouth a little ‘goodnight’ kiss. “It’s perfect,” he added, with a yawn of his own. “You get some sleep now, baby,” he ordered, tenderly. “You deserve it, God knows,” he finished by pulling both Buffy and their daughter closer to his body.

“Okay,Will,” Buffy mumbled, sleepily, snuggling her daughter closer to her breast. “See,” the young mother smiled, softly, “see how she’s looking at us? Like we’re the oddest things she’s ever seen?”

Spike eyed his newborn daughter’s blue eyes and yes, she was looking at both of them as if they were aliens from Mars or something. Little Jennifer had the most inquisitive expression in her cobalt blue eyes. Her little fair eyebrows shot up, as if to ask ‘who the bloody heck are you two?’

“Oh, Will,” Buffy murmered, just before she slipped off to sleep. She was content in knowing that her husband would watch over both their daughter and her.

“Yes, my love,” Spike murmered, still nuzzling Buffy’s neck, while he patted his daughters little back, gently.

“Happy Birthday, baby,” Buffy whispered, affectionately, as she drifted off into a much deserved rest.

‘Be My Baby’ (by the Ronettes)


‘The night we met I new I needed you so
and if I had the chance I’d never let you go.
So won’t you say you love me,
I’ll make you so proud of me,
We’ll make them turn their heads, every place we go.

So, won’t you please, Be My Be My Baby
Be my little baby, My One and Only Baby
Say you’ll be my darlin’, Be My Baby, baby…

I’ll make you happy, baby, just wait and see.
For every kiss you give me, I’ll give you three.
Oh, since the day I saw you,
I have been waiting for you.
You know I will adore you ‘til eternity.

So, won’t you please, Be My Be My Baby…
Be my little baby, My One and Only Baby
Say you’ll be my darlin’, Be My Be My Baby
Be my baby now…..My One and Only Baby



A/N: I just had to write and submit this chapter before the families got there, to cause some more upheaval in our Spuffy universe.

If this was corny? Well, isn’t a lot of life, really? Especially the happy, good times we remember. Yeah! Anyway, what Dr. Rayne told Spike, about the babies and how tenacious they are? My OB/GYN told me that, years ago, when I was pregs with my first daughter, Tara. Pretty much what he said and all.

Thank you, to everyone reading this and please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 22: 'You Send Me' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you, thank you!
YOU NEVER CAN TELL


Chapter 22: ‘You Send Me’


Spike watched his wife, Buffy, as she slept quite soundly in her little hospital bed. Their daughter, little Jennifer Joyce, was safe and sound, in the new baby nursery right down the hallway. When he wasn’t watching over his wife, or making calls to Jesse and Winnefred, or even to Mr. Green, Jesse’s dad, Spike snuck away to see his beautiful daughter. Buffy and his own little miracle, sleeping contently in the baby bassinette that the hospital provided.

‘Thank you, again,’ Spike raised his eyes up to look at the ceiling above him. ‘If it hadn’t been for you? I might have lost her,’ he glanced over at his sleeping wife, lovingly. ‘Or our little lady,’ Spike sighed, thinking of the baby, safely slumbering in the nursery. ‘Or, God forbid, both of them,’ he shuddered violently, the old fear rising inside of him.

“Mr. Giles,” the day evening shift nurse stepped into the doorway of the room and gave Spike a ‘what the heck’ look.

“There are several people here, out in the floor waiting room,” Nurse Nancy mumbled, a little overwhelmed, no doubt. “They claim to be your family, from California?”

‘Oh bloody fuck it all to hell!’ Spike gasped, silently, for the most part. ‘The shit is going to hit the fan now!’

Checking on Buffy, one more time, Spike walked out of the little room, slowly, and went to face the wrath of Sunnydale.

“Son!” Rupert Giles and his wife, Jennifer, exclaimed, excitedly, when Spike came into their view. “Dear God, boy,” Rupert continued, solo, “we’ve been worried sick about you and Buffy!”

Spike looked about, in the the little waiting room, to find his Dad, Mum, Hank and Joyce Summers and Dawn, of course, staring at him. As if he’d grown two heads, overnight.

“I’m a Dad,” Spike managed to mumble, weakly, unable to say much else. At the moment, anyway. “Buffy and me, we’ve got a little girl. She’s beautiful Dad, Mum, Mr. and Mrs. Summers. We named her…”

“Where’s my baby?” Hank cried, pushing past Spike and storming towards Buffy’s room.

“Hank for God’s sake!” Joyce hissed, grabbing her husband’s arm. “Has it occurred to you that you daughter is worn out. From all of this?”

“Buffy’s sleeping,” Spike offered, already going into defense mode over Hank’s reaction to his good news.

“She better be all right,” Hank hissed at Spike, his eyes full of menance and accusations.

“She is,” Spike sighed, his relief still new and very apparent to everyone in the room.

“It’s so cool!” Dawn interjected, eyeing her stepfather, warily. “You and Buff, parents!”

Hank shot poor Dawnie a murderous look, but Joyce stepped in between him and Spike.

“Why don’t we go see the baby?” Jennifer chimed in, after hugging her son, tightly.

“Yes,” Giles piped up, “let’s go see our Granddaughter, shall we Hank?” Rupert patted Spike’s shoulder, all manly like and winked, kind of at his son. Or so Spike thought anyway.

Hank gave everyone a kind of ‘mopey’ look, but when Joyce nodded at her husband, he shrugged and followed them to the nursery.

“There she is!” Spike gushed, proudly, pointing at the fair headed, rosy cheeked newborn girl, lying in her little bassinette. “Isn’t she something though?”

Jennifer clapped her hands together and began to weep, softly, “oh, honey,” she clasped onto Spike’s arm. “She’s the most beautiful little thing I’ve ever seen!”

“We named her Jennifer Joyce Giles,” Spike intoned, his voice almost reverent as he joined the others in watching his beautiful daughter sleeping, peacefully.

“She is!” Joyce agreed quickly, taking Jennifer’s arm in her own. “Little Jennifer is just gorgeous!”

“Quite lovely,” Rupert Giles nodded in agreement with the two ladies. “A real little lady if I ever saw one,” he added, proudly.

“She looks like Winston Churchhill,” Dawn muttered with a scowl. “Except little Jennifer has more hair then him and…”

“Buffy,” Hank whispered as he maneuvered himself even closer to the window of the nursery. “Little Jenny looks like my baby girl, when she was born,” the older man mumbled, in near awe, his head tilted to one side, slightly.

Little Jennifer Joyce Giles was sound asleep, apparently unaware, at least at present, of the awe inspiring comments she was causing from the family.

“Her eyes,” Spike whispered again, barely able to form words at this point. He watched the rise and fall of his daughter’s chest from her gentle breathing, still in awe at this mircacle of new life.

“My daughter’s eyes are indigo blue,” Spike added, with a smile, placing his left hand on the nursery window and leaning his head into it at the same time. “She’s got my eyes,” he grinned with proud sigh. “But she’s her Mum, through and through, otherwise,” he finished, even more proudly.

“Mr. Giles, family?” the nurse from before broke into the bragging fest, quietly. “Buffy’s awake, now and asking to see you all. Eventually. First she’d like to talk to her husband and father, privately?”

Spike felt a sudden sense of doom rush over him, but he followed the fast walking Hank Summers into his wife’s room. When the two men got into the room, Spike gazed at his Buffy, fearfully.

‘What if she let’s Hank talk her into leaving me and the baby?’ he asked himself, his insecurity overwhelming him. ‘What if…’

“Hey, Daddy,” Buffy held out her arms to her father, who fell into them and hugged his daughter tightly to him.

“Hey, Baby Girl,” Hank whispered, hoarsely, as he clutched his Buffy to him, desperately.

Spike shuffled about, feeling quite inadequate, at the moment, and quite sorry for himself and very afraid that his beloved wife just might run off and follow Daddy home and...

“Hey you,” Buffy motioned to Spike, making it clear that she wanted her husband to come sit beside her, on the tiny bed.

After he sat down next to Buffy, Spike took her tiny hand in his and kissed it, possessively. He only hoped that old Hank noticed that move and understood what he meant by it. Under ‘no’ circumstances, ‘none’ that is, would Daddy Hank be allowed to spirit his darling Buffy off. Or convince her to give up the precious baby in the nursery, or him, Spike, or…

“Daddy,” Buffy began, carefully, holding her father at somewhat of an arm’s length and staring into his eyes. “I love you, you know that, right?”

Hank nodded, but said nothing in reply.

“William, I love you,” Buffy continued, putting her husband’s hand to her lips and kissing it, tenderly. “You know that, right? I mean, you send me, you know that? Right?” She giggled, delighting Spike to no end.

All of a sudden, Spike felt almost euphoric, for the tenth time that day, that is. He realized, in that one, brief moment, that his wife, his beloved Buffy, had made her choice. Pure, clear and simple. Buffy had chosen him, Spike Giles and their daughter, and their life together.

“This is how it’s gonna’ be, Daddy,” Buffy whispered, stroking Hank’s hand with her free one, lovingly. “I’m in this, with Will and little Jenny, for the long haul. Just like he’s in it, with us, right Will?” She smiled when Spike nodded, enthusiastically back at her.

“And as much as I love you, respect you and really to want you in our lives?” she smiled up at her young husband, lovingly, but spoke to her father.

“It’s going to be Will, little Jenny and whatever little future rugrats that we have together. First, foremost and always. Do you understand that, Daddy?” Buffy whispered at the end, perhaps a bit overwhelmed, herself, by all this drama going on about her.

“Yes,” Hank replied simply, nearly in a whipser, shocking the hell out of Spike, briefly. “When did you grow up so much?” Hank asked his daughter, his voice was full of wonder.

“A while back,” Buffy giggled, but finished off with a very ‘mature’ motherly grin.

“I understand, little Mama,” the Summers’ patriach leaned in and kissed his daughter, tenderly, on her cheek.

With that ‘understood’ Hank stood up and surprisingly slapped Spike on the back, all manly like. “You did good, William,” Hank mumbled in a strained, tearful voice. “You did too, Pumpkin,” Hank added with at wink at Buffy. “Little Jennifer is the most beautiful baby I’ve ever seen, except for you,” the father added with a chuckle.

“I’m going to bring Joyce, Jennifer, Rupert and even Dawn in,” Hank stated, immediately in an aurthoritive tone, again. “I don’t give a rat’s ass what the rules are in this hospitals. They all want to see you, Pumpkin,” he grinned at his daughter, who now had a daughter of her own.

After Hank went to retrieve the rest of the ‘clans’ Spike snuggled into his wife’s side. He began to chuckle, softly, illiciting an odd look from his beautiful Buffy.

“What’s so funny?” Buffy asked, with a raised brow.

“Your Dad,” Spike replied with a snort, “he’s pretty cool. Your Dad I mean,” he added with a smirk.

“Dad?” Buffy gasped. “Cool!” she gasped again, fairly confused by now. “My Dad is the most uncool guy in the world,” Buffy snorted, snuggly into her William’s strong arms.

“Oh, I don’t know,” Spike laughed, good-naturedly. “I think he’s pretty all right,” he finished by placing a much deserved kiss on his Buffy’s funny little nose.

Joyce and Jennifer rushed into the little room, followed by Hank, Dawn and Rupert Giles. The two women flung themselves onto Buffy’s bed.

Spike was pushed aside, almost off of the bed, in the excitement for the two woment to hover over the new Mama.

“It’s like this,” Rupert chuckled, patting his son on his back, “the women will come in, take over and…”

“Did you tell them?” Joyce blurted out, excitedly. “About the ‘plan’ that is?” She grinned up at Hank and Rupert, then back at Buffy and Spike.

“Plan?” Buffy asked, warily, “what plan?”

“Dad has this wonderful idea,” Joyce gushed, getting caught up in the moment. “How you and William can return, to Sunnydale with us. Get your GED’s and finish High School. A job, a future with…”

“Joyce, please,” Hank muttered, blushing bright red from just everything.

“What’s this about, Hank,” Spike asked, in his best deep, fatherly voice. The blond teen hoped that ‘Mr. Summers’ noticed how he had used his familiar first name this time.

“Well, William,” Hank stammered, “I discussed some options, for you and Buffy and of course little Jennifer, now,” the older man just beamed with pride over his Grandbaby. “Thought maybe you and Buffy would like to go home, to Sunnydale and set up house there. There’s a perfect job for you, son,” Hank continued, “at the factory. A bright young man, such as yourself. Sky’s the limit, if you’d like that is,” Summers dropped his eyes away from his son-in-law, almost shyly.

“Buffy, baby?” Spike gazed at his wife, who was just beaming herself, with love and happiness and inner peace.

‘Like a bloody torch of contentment,’ Spike thought to himself, happily. ‘My Buffy is happy and settled,’ he realized in relief. ‘It’s going to be okay, really, okay,’ he sighed, pretty darned contented and happy himself.

“The ball’s in your court, baby,” Buffy murmered, a soft, very feminine, knowing smile on her lips.

“Okay,” Spike responded, simply, “but only if I give you a fair day’s work, for a fair day’s wage,” he stated, firmly, to his father-in-law.

“Agreed,” Hank blurted, taking his son-in-law’s strong left hand in his own. He shook it, firmly, and held it for just a moment.

“Oh goody!” Joyce Summers and Jennifer Giles squealed in delight! “We’re Grandmothers!” Jennifer almost jumped up and down in her glee.

“Grannies!” Joyce cried in delight, throwing her arms around Jennifer first, then Dawn, then Hank then Rupert.

Spike hugged Buffy, Buffy hugged Spike. Everyone else hugged each other, except Dawn. She was too busy standing in the doorway, glancing down the hallway, a confused expression on her cute little ten-year-old face.

“Mr. Giles?” Dawn whispered at the proud Grandpa. “Really,” she continued, eyeing the affectionate display in front of her, suspiciously. “Don’t you really, really think that little Jennifer looks just like Winston Churchhill?”


‘You Send Me’ (by Sam Cooke)


‘Darlin’ you, you, send me
I know that you, you send me
Ohhh, you, you send me…
Honest you do, honest you, honest you do.

“Ohhh, you, you, thrill me,
I know that you, you, thrill me,
Yes, you, you, thrill me…
Honest you do, honest you do, honest you do.







A/N: Another chapter, maybe, after this one, but definitely, an epilogue. Thanks for reading and please review, luv Spuf
Epilogue: 'You Never Can Tell' (Reprise) by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you to everyone. All the readers here and everyone who reviewed this fiction. It was very special to me and I hope it was special to all of you.
Luv, Spuf
YOU NEVER CAN TELL


Epilogue: ‘You Never Can Tell’ (Reprise)


‘Sunnydale, California 1989’

“Everybody,” the groom, dressed in a rather unique, all black tux, shirt, tie, etc., tapped on his champagne glass, gently with a sterling silver spoon.

The two-hundred and fifty guests at the Petroleum Club of Sunnydale halted in their partying and turned their attention to the newly married young man.

“My ‘wife’ and I,” the groom began, a little nervous all of a sudden. Especially when he realized that he was indeed a now married man, with a ‘a wife’ that was sitting next to him at the head table.

“My wonderful, beautiful, exquisite bride,” the groom continued, visibly calming himself, “of just a little more then three hours now,” he added with a slight chuckle. This caused most of the two-hundred and fifty guests to laugh or titter, at least, in warm comraderie with the nervous young man.

“Well,” he stammered, then suddenly took heart and continued, strongly, “Jennifer and I would like to thank all of you, especially Jen’s parents, William and Buffy Giles for everything today. For the wedding, the love they’ve always given Jennifer and her brothers. For accepting ‘me’ into their family, so graciously and…” the groom, Jake Jesse Green, choked up a little, as he tried to fight his happy tears.

“My own Dad, Jesse, who passed away last year,” the groom continued carefully, “and William Giles were good friends. Just as Jen’s mother, Buffy and my own mom, Winnefred are to this day.”

Jake smiled, warmly at his mother, who sat next to Buffy Giles and her sister, Dawn Crawford. Buffy patted Fred’s arm, affectionately and beamed up at her new son-in-law, then over at her daughter, Jennifer Joyce Giles-Green.

“Dad would be so damned pleased about all this,” Jake continued, his voice shaky with emotion. Buffy was pleased to see her Jennifer place her own tiny hand on her new husband’s to comfort him.

“We’re all pleased, son,” Spike Giles piped up from next to his wife of twenty-five years, Buffy Summers Giles.

“Thanks Dad,” Jake grinned at his new father-in-law, happily.

Jennifer Joyce Giles-Green stood up and wrapped her left arm about her new husband. “What my tongue tied groom is trying to say, Dad, Mum, Winnefred,” she gazed at her still beautiful parents and Jake’s mom, lovingly. “He’s trying to say that ‘we love you’ and that we are truly blessed to have you in our lives.” The bride finished by standing on her tip toes and kissing her rather tall groom full on the lips.

“Here here!” cried a near balding Hank Summers, who sat next to Dawn’s husband, Connor.

“Quite!” a silver haired Rupert Giles toasted the couple with his glass of bubbly and winked at his wife, Jennifer.

“They’re just perfect together,” Joyce Summers sighed in contentment. She too was silver haired by now and the grandmother of the four offspring of William and Buffy’s, and Connor and Dawn’s brood of three children.

“They better play some decent music at this shindig,” Spike muttered to his wife, discreetly. “If I hear any crap from one of those lousy grunge bands? I’m going home and…”

“For God’s sake, Will,” Buffy hissed, but smiled in spite of it, “I suppose our folks thought ‘our’ music was horrid.”

“Your mum loved Elvis, you told me that, Princess. Remember?” Spike whispered as he took his wife’s tiny hand in his and brought it to his lips. For a tender kiss.

“Yes,” Buffy murmered, “I forgot about that,” she sighed with a warm, soft smile.

“It’s just that this crap that passes for music today? Christ, it sounds like a bunch of wailing mourners and…” Spike was shushed by Buffy, who was not grinning, affectionately at her last born child.

Sean William Giles, seventeen years of age, flopped down next to his mum and dad’s chairs. He wore the look of a young man in deep inner turmoil.

“What’s wrong dear,” Buffy asked, concerned by the sad look on her son’s face. And on such a happy occasion, too.

“Yeah, what’s the problem, son,” Spike chuckled, “lose your ear stud? Nope,” he continued, eyeing Sean’s left earlobe, “it’s still there.” Spike realized he sounded almost disappointed at this.

“Ha, bloody ha, Dad,” Sean mumbled, his blue eyes downcast and dark. “It’s Candy,” the teen sighed and kicked the table leg nearest him. “She’s flirtin’ around that loser, Liam Crawford. Just tryin’ to make me jealous and shit. I’m sick of this shit,” the young man hissed, dejectedly.

“That’s enough of that talk, young man,” Buffy growled at her youngest child. “Who cares if the little brat flirts with your cousin, just go flirt with some other girl. There’s plenty of pretty girls around here for you to dance with and spend time with. Right baby?” She turned to Spike, who for some reason, found this all rather funny.

“I spose,” Spike muttered, his brows scrunched together in thought. “But…”

“But what?” Sean asked, his indigo blue eyes were wide and glassy from unshed tears.

“I don’t know,” Spike stammered, “but if it were me? I’d go tell your own girl to straighten up. Then, I’d go kick your cousin’s arse for even encouraging your woman to flirt with him. Of course,” Spike smirked, “with a dad like my cousin Angel? Poor Liam is probably doomed to be a bloody ponce for life, eh, Sean?”

Sean thought about ‘that’ for a moment, then broke out in the most dazzling smile. “Right Dad,” he nodded, his expression suddenly brightening.

“Maybe if you lost the earring, the leather duster and the ‘big bad’ look,” Spike needled his boy, “Candy would consider sticking with you. What do you think, baby?” He grinned at Buffy, a wicked gleam in his own blue eyes.

“I seem to remember a certain teen that owned a leather jacket and had a particular ‘big bad’ rebellious personna, once,” Buffy giggled, allowing her William to plant a kiss on her lips.

“Yeah, Dad,” Sean nodded, gleefully, “me and my friends? We’re not traditional, we’re rebels.”

“No, you all look like bleedin’ idiots,” Spike retorted, good-naturedly. “Now me and your Uncle Xander? We were rebels.”

“Yeah, that’s right, Dad,” Sean laughed, “you and Uncle Xander. The big rebels that married their high school sweeties, settled down and knocked out a bunch of rugrats over the years. You,” Sean continued merrily, “help run a big corporation, Dad. There’s rebeling, there’s stickin’ it to the Establishment all right!”

“I grew up?” Spike stammered defensively. “I mean, I had to provide, for your mum, you brats. What was I supposed to do?”

“Dad,” Sean chuckled, “you did good, okay?” The teen reached over and patted his dad’s shoulder, gently. “No complaints Dad, or for you, Mum, either,” he added.

“Now, Uncle Xander, on the other hand,” Sean began with an evil smirk, “he’s the epitome of middle class, that’s for sure. He runs a construction company, kisses Aunt Anya’s ass and still probably even votes straight Republican on every ticket.”

“And what’s wrong with that?” Xander asked defensively as he joined the little group at the head table.

“Nothing, Xander,” Spike offered sympathetically. “My wild child is just talkin’ out his arse, as usual. And it all started because I stated the fact that today’s music is shit,” the older Giles mumbled.

“True, it is shit,” Xander agreed with his old friend. “Oh, hey, Buff,” the graying Harris added, “the eats are great!” he exclaimed, happily.

“Thank you Xander,” Buffy smiled at her beloved cousin. “Is Anya going to stay for the cake cutting?”

“She’s hell bent on getting over to our construction site and going over those accounts by tonight, Buff,” Xander shrugged in defeat. “You know my wife? Can’t keep her away from figuring out the money status on our construction business.”

“By the way,” Spike leaned over to ‘whisper’ to his son, Sean. “For the record? I kiss your Mum’s arse too, constantly, but don’t go on about it, understood?”

“Yes, Dad,” Sean sighed, “too bad your cousin, Angel can’t learn from you and Uncle Xander,” he shook his blond head sadly. “Maybe he wouldn’t be on his fourth marriage, huh?”

“Who knows?” Spike chuckled, wickedly. “As long as I’ve got your Mum by my side? I could give a rat’s arse what my cousin does.”

“You know, Will,” Buffy sighed in frustration, “I wish you would just forget about what Angel did to me and all,” she scowled slightly at her husband.

“Oh, I have, Princess,” Spike chuckled softly. “This is just left over contempt, for old Angel that is,” he continued with a smug grin. “The bloody fool lost you and he hasn’t been ‘right’ since. That’s okay though. I won you.”

“Yes, you did,” Buffy giggled, like a girl again and snuggled into her husband’s arms.



“Yes, Dad,” Sean chuckled in reply, “you did win Mum, didn’t you? Thank God.”

“Your father might be right, Sean,” Buffy suddenly blurted out, her brows scrunched up in thought. “Maybe you should march yourself right over there and take Candy Finn into line. After all, your Dad had to do that with me, more then once. Isn’t that right, baby?” Buffy smiled, coyly at her husband of twenty-five years.

“True,” Spike nodded and sighed heavily, “but it was worth it,” he added with a mischieveous wink at his beautiful wife.

“I think Mum had to kick some of your British ass, once or twice, Dad,” William Henry Giles joined his parents and little brother. At twenty-one, William was the taller of the three Giles’ boys, and the one that most resembled his father. Jennifer, the oldest was a clone of their mother, Buffy. Houston James, who was nearly twenty, was a mix between Spike and Buffy, as he had his mother’s green eyes. Sean was the shortest boy, but had his father’s moxie, his blue eyes and his fair hair.

“I remember one time, Sean,” William (the son) continued, a wicked grin on his handsome mouth. “Mum found out that Dad had invested some of their savings, in some stupid business venture that Uncle Xander and Riley Finn had put him up to. She literally…”

“That’s enough, William,” Buffy hissed, clasping her eldest son’s arm, in a vice like grip. “We don’t talk about ‘that’ fiasco, remember?” She shot a look of warning at William, alerting him to the fact that his mother was about on her last nerve, today, anyway.

“Yes mother,” William Henry replied with a brief chuckle and a smirk that matched his father’s. “We don’t talk about ‘that’ at all,” he finished.

“I’ll tell you later,” William mouthed to his younger brother, behind his mother’s back.

Spike signalled his eldest son, warily, trying to give the boy some warning to the consequences if he was caught out by his Mum.

Jennifer and her new husband, Jake Green, took that opportune time to intercede, dragging Houston and their Aunt Dawn with them.

“Uncle Connor’s going to make the first dance announcement, Mum!” Jennifer exclaimed, excitedly. “We, Jake and me, want you and Daddy to have the first dance, together!” She explained giddily.

“Aren’t you and Jake supposed to have a go first on the dance floor?” Spike asked, puzzled by this break in tradition.

“Yes,” Jennifer nodded quickly, “but we want you and Mum to go first, together. It’s real important, Daddy, honest.”

Spike, who could never, ever turn down his first child and only daughter’s wishes, sighed deeply and nodded. “Okay then little one,” he mumbled, a blush appearing on his face. “It’s just that your old Dad isn’t much of a dancer, not to the crap they play now anyway.”

“You’re a very good dancer,” Buffy interjected with a scowl at her handsome husband. “You’ve always danced well, for me anyway,” she giggled merrily. “We’ve never had a problem, following the steps together,” she finished with a suggestive little smirk of her own.

“Yeah but that was a different kind of dancing, sweetheart and…” Spike tweaked Buffy’s pretty cheek and waggled his dark brows.

“Too much info here, parents,” Sean groaned out loud. “We don’t need to visualize Mum and you getting’ horizontal you know!”

“Ewww,” Jennifer suddenly groaned, “do you have to be such a total geek, Sean? Besides,” the now married sister murmered with a sophisticated tone, “it’s called making love, not getting horizontal. Just because your girlfriend, Riley and Cordy Finn’s youngest child, Candy, is a loose, free wheeling little…”

“That is enough!” Buffy cried, standing up and grabbing her Spike’s hand at the same time. “Let’s get this dance around the floor started,” she ordered, firmly. “Your Dad and I have a date, later,” she finished with determination. “And we are not going to miss it!”

“That we do,” Spike chuckled loudly as he allowed his wife to pull him onto the dance floor.

“Uhm, I’d like to make an announcement,” Connor, Dawn’s husband began, carefully. “In a break with tradition, tonight,” he continued, bashfully, “the bride and groom have asked that their parents, Buffy and William Giles have the first dance together.”

Connor continued, “after the first two verses, Jennifer and Jake request that Mrs. Jesse Green, the groom’s mother, escorted by Houston Giles, join the couple on the dance floor. Next to be followed by Xander and Anya Harris, Grandpa and Grandma Summers and Giles and then, everyone who wishes to join in the dancing.”

“Jennifer, my lovely neice by marriage, has requested a very special song. One that she feels best describes her feelings for her parents, Buffy and William Giles.”


Strains of ‘Wind Beneath My Wings’ began to play through the large ballroom of the Petroleum Club.

“Oh, bloody hell,” Spike groaned, low enough for just Buffy to hear, “this is the sappiest song that…”

“It’s a lovely song!” Buffy countered, letting her husband snuggle her closer to him as they slow danced together. “I just wish I could have had a song like this, at our wedding and…”

“You regret it, don’t you Princess?” Spike murmered, sadly, “I mean that we had a runaway marriage? In a podunk town in Texas when we could have had the wedding of your dreams? If we’d just waited longer and not…”

“I don’t regret a damn thing, William Giles!” Buffy hissed, softly, so just her husband could hear her. “Not a damn thing!”

“Me either,” Spike chuckled, happily as he snuggled his little wife closer to him. “I’m bloody proud of this family,” he chortled, smugly. “We’ve got the best marriage, best kids, best life that anyone could have. Don’t we Princess? And, I love you, so very much.”

“We do,” Buffy giggled, sounding forever like the young girl that had mesmerized Spike over twenty-five years before this. “And I love you, so very much, too.”


After the first two verses and the chorus of Wind Beneath My Wings played out:

‘Did you ever know you were my hero
And everything I would like to be…
I can fly higher, then any eagle,
For you are the Wind Beneath My Wings…’


“Jen means it, Will,” Buffy whispered, lovingly, into her husband’s still yummy ear. “You are our daughter’s hero,” she whimpered, her emotions bubbling to the surface. “And mine,” she added, almost shyly.

“So are you,” Spike murmered in reply, kissing his wife’s still luscious, pouty lips with his. “You’re the hero here, Princess,” Spike whispered, silkily into his Buffy’s left ear. “I know you’re my hero(ine) anyway.”

Once the chorus had played out, other older couples joined the bride’s parents on the dance floor.

Hank and Joyce Summers, Connor and Dawn, Rupert and Jennifer all began to twirl around the dance floor. Soon, Riley Finn and his wife, Cordelia joined the others, along with Faith and her companion of twenty years, Wesley Pryce. Xander had coaxed Anya into sticking around, at least for a quick dance together and after Houston Giles escorted Jake’s mother, Winnefred to the dance floor, a lot of couples joined them.


Later, after everyone had departed from the wedding celebration and the bride and groom had left for Hawaii? The Giles, Buffy and Spike that is, headed for their own little get away. Their special date that they had planned for some time now.

Spike had parked the old DeSoto by the ocean’s shore, in the exact spot that he’d taken Buffy, years before. The place where they had gone to console each other, so many years ago. The place where their first child, Jennifer, had been conceived.

This time, however, there would be no pleasant little surprises from their tryst, as things were quite different now. There would be no more babies for Spike and Buffy, unless they were grandbabies of course. Which Buffy couldn’t wait for, and truth be told? Neither could Spike.

Buffy sipped the champagne that her husband had so generously poured for her, into the little plastic glasses from the reception of earlier. They toasted each other, their family and their friends warmly.

“Well, let’s see,” Buffy sighed in contentment. “Jen and Jake should be near Lanai by now, right?”

“Right, as always, Princess,” Spike chuckled in contentment, snuggling up to his lovely wife. He sipped more of his champagne and nuzzled his Buffy’s funny little nose with his.

“W.H. (their nickname for their son, William Henry) is probably somewhere close to LA, headed back to school,” Buffy sighed, wistfully. Their oldest son was studying at USC, but since this was a Saturday night? Spike and Buffy concluded there must be a special girl there, distracting him, somehow.

“Hmmm,” Spike scowled slightly. “As long as he’s doing okay with his grades and all? I guess we can’t fault him, huh?”

“No,” Buffy sighed again, “we can’t and we won’t,” she pouted, prettily.

“Houston had that gig, at the Bronze with Danny Osbourne Jr.’s band,” Spike chuckled. “Hope they play decent music, at least,” the father snorted.

“Last time I saw Sean,” Spike began, cautiously, watching his wife’s reaction. “He was snoggin’ Candy Finn and coaxin’ her to let him take her home.”

“Hmph!” Buffy grunted, snootily, “that girl isn’t good enough to kiss our son’s…”

“Buffy,” Spike warned, lovingly. “Remember ‘who’ else everyone thought wasn’t good enough? For you, I mean? It goes to show you, baby,” he chuckled as he snuggled her closer to him. “It goes to show, you never can tell.”

“Well,” Buffy giggled, “everyone was wrong, Will. At least about you that is. You’ve always been good enough for me Will. In fact, I came to a pretty bizarre conclusion, just yesterday. Want to hear it?”

Spike grinned at his beautiful wife, took in her wide, animated green eyes and nodded, eagerly. “Shoot,” he replied evenly.

“I realized, not for the first time,” Buffy assured her wonderful husband, “but actually put it into words. In my head,” she added in explaination. “I figured it out! We, William Giles, you and me? Our family? Our life together? We are one, great big, huge success!”

Buffy finished her statement by saluting her husband with her champagne glass and then draining the glass dry of the bubbly.

“That, my lovely wife,” Spike whispered as he leaned in to kiss his Buffy’s sweet lips, yet again. “That is the truest, most sensible thing you have ever said.”

Once he’d finished kissing his wife’s delectable lips, for that moment, anyway, Spike set his glass down, on the floor. Then he took Buffy’s glass and set it next to his.

“What do you say,” Spike purred to Buffy as he opened the car door. “Care to find ‘our’ spot, on the beach and recreate that magical night, from twenty-five years ago?” He winked at her, suggestively and tugged on her hand with his.

“You better believe it Mister!” Buffy replied, eagerly following her mate out onto the sand.


‘You Never Can Tell’ (by Chuck Berry)


‘It was a teenage wedding and the old folks wished them well,
You could tell that Pierre did truly love the madamoiselle
And now the young monsieur and madame have rung the
Chapel Bell…

“C’est la vie”, say the old folks,
It goes to show you never can tell…
Oh, “C’est la vie”, say the old folks,
It goes to show you never can tell’


FINIS


A/N: Thank you, to everyone who read this. Thanks to all of you who reviewed (they inspired me). I hope you don’t fault me for throwing in ‘Wind Beneath My Wings’ in this. It just wouldn’t be a Spuffy fic without that in there, right?

Now, with this finished, I feel I can start my new WIP.

Thanks again, and please review. Luv, Spuf







This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=10488