My Hero? by PsychoPromQueen7
Summary: Spike is the male slayer. Buffy is one of the queen bitches at Sunnydale High. Their social groups just didn’t seem to mix until the night they met up in a cemetery. You could call it hate at first sight until feelings start to change. Of course that’s when Angel, the other slayer, has to come in and ruin things for poor Spike.
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 7637 Read: 9192 Published: 05/04/2005 Updated: 07/11/2005

1. Moonlit Conversation by PsychoPromQueen7

2. The Party by PsychoPromQueen7

3. School Days by PsychoPromQueen7

4. The Abercrombie Generation by PsychoPromQueen7

5. It's Called Denial by PsychoPromQueen7

6. Hero by PsychoPromQueen7

7. AN by PsychoPromQueen7

Moonlit Conversation by PsychoPromQueen7
Author's Notes:
Hi everyone, yeah, yeah, I know, new story. I plan to put my full attention of this fic now that A Self Portrait is done because well, I actually have ideas for more than one chapter for this one. I took major inspiration for the first part of this fic with Buffy/Cordy from part of one of my favorite books ‘I Was a Teenage Fairy’ by Francesca Lia Block but none of it’s actually word for word. All I know is that I can not take full credit and that she is a writing goddess. Oh yeah and Beth, this fic wouldn’t have been posted anytime soon with out you! Hope you enjoy!
This was the life, Buffy Summers thought happily as she leaned back against the seat on Cordy’s wicked awesome 16 birthday present with the wind in her hair.

She stretched out her toned, tan legs in front of her, resting them on the dashboard and opened up her compact mirror, slicking on her candy ice pink lip gloss. She watched her mouth move along with the words to Katy Roses ‘Overdrive’. The song made her want to scream the lyrics at the top of her lungs.

I’m independence.

I’m borderline.

I’m California.

Her eyes wandered to the number scrawled out her hand. Riley Finn’s number. Part of her wanted to spit on it and wipe it off, pretend like it was never there where the other part wanted it tattooed across her stomach in big letters to let the world know that Sunnydale’s most popular boy wanted to date her.

“Girl!” Cordy gushed, “I can not believe you! Riley Finn wants to go out with you! I don’t usually go for high school boys but…”

Buffy laughed and shook her head, “It’s no biggie Cordy…”

She didn’t know why really. She hadn't dressed up or done her makeup in any special way. Hell, she was in boys boxers rolled up to rest on her hips and a Volcom shirt. In other words, she looked like shit.

“Oh hell yeah it is!” there was a moment of silence before Cordy turned to look at her and burst out laughing, “Ohmygod, that was so funny with those skanky bitches and them trying to act as though we were the second class citizens.”

They’d been hanging on the beach, soaking up all of the summer that was left and two little whores had started to shoot off their mouths.

Out of now Buffy had burst out with, “Remember, if worst comes to worse, we reserve the right to fuck you up.”

Cordy had never laughed so hard.

“Gah,” Cordy whined, “I don’t wanna go back to school on Monday. I mean sure, we are the queen bitches but come on.”

Buffy moaned in agreement, “My god, I know. Like I need another year of learning things I’ll never use in life and teachers calling me a ‘bad seed’.”

“Darling,” Cordy turned to look at her, “They’re just jealous of our beauty and charm.”

Buffy laughed and nodded, “Hell yeah they are.”

Yup, life was damn good at times like these.

******

“Speak to me bitches,” Buffy answered her phone.

She was hanging of the end of her bed, painting her toenails, curlers in her hair.

She was getting ready for Harmony Kendal’s end of the year party.

“Hey Buffy,” Riley said on the other side of the line, making her blush slightly at the way she’d answered her cell.

“Oh, hey Riley,” she said coolly, “What’s up?”

“Well, I know that I just got your number today but I was wondering if…” he paused for a second, almost nervously, making Buffy smile, “I was wondering if you wanted to go to Harmony’s party with me.”

Buffy bit her lip. The urge to say no rose in her throat but she quickly swallowed it, “Okay, that’d be totally awesome.”

She could practically hear him smile, “Great! Pick you up at 9.”

“Kay,” she nodded, before hanging up.

Okay, honestly she didn’t want to go out with Riley but if she’d turned him down Cordy would have thrown a fucking fit.

Rolling off of her bed, she yanked on a pair of jeans over her boxers and headed down the stairs, pulling out the curlers on her way.

It was time to consult mom.

******

“Hey mommy,” Buffy said quietly as she approached her mother’s grave.

She folded her arms across her chest and smiled sadly before sitting down next to the tombstone and resting her head against with a sigh.

“I have everything mom,” she began, “I fucking have everything and when it comes down to it, I don’t want any of it.” She took a deep breath, “I mean most girls would kill to be in my designer shoes and here I am, sitting her bitching about it. What the hell is wrong with me?”

She lay down on her back to look at the night sky, “I wish you were here mommy. You’d know. You always knew…”

******

Spike walked through the Restfield Cemetery, twirling his stake between his fingers and whistling, ready to patrol.

He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Buffy Summers, queen of Sunnydale High lying on her back talking to the sky. Daft little thing.

“Like tonight,” he heard her say, “Tonight I’m going to go to a party like I always do with Riley Finn, who according to the world around me, is the perfect guy for me and you know what? I don’t want to. There’s a part of me that wanted nothing more than to laugh in his face when he asked me for my number but the socially conscious side won out yet again. Goddamnit, why does that side always have to win out?”

Now really, he’d never thought of Buffy Summers as the type to sit and brood about her popularity. She was always smiling and giggling and flipping her bloody shampoo commercial hair.

Spike tilted his head to the side to study the petite blonde.

She really was a cute little chit with her short little skirts, always glossy lips and shiny blonde hair. Not that he’d ever be interested in one of Cordelia Chase’s minions, always with their noses stuck in the air like they were gods’ gift to mankind.

He briefly wondered if he should say something to her. One of Sunnydale’s many fine cemeteries was not the safest place for little girls to hang around after dark.

He then shrugged before he started to walk away. He got about a meter before he heard, “Ohmygod, were you like just watching me?!”

With a sigh, he turned around to face her.

“Well?!” she demanded as she scrambled to her feet and planted her hands firmly on her lips.

“Listen Betty,” he started but she cut him off quickly.

“It’s Buffy you asshole and you know it,” she snapped at him, “I’m the girl that all the guys want remember? Don’t think that you're any exception.”

Spike snorted, “Oh don’t flatter yourself you stupid bint.”

“Ooh touchy,” Buffy laughed at him nastily, “What? You afraid that tomorrow I’ll go back to school and tell everyone that the bleached freak was stalking me?” She stopped as though to ponder it for a moment before saying, “Oh yeah, I probably will but it’s not like it’ll hurt your rep or anything. You're already classified as psycho-loser for the rest of your high school years.”

She didn’t know why she was being so nasty to him. Yes, it was creepy that he’d just been there in the graveyard but he could have been just passing through. Were both of his parents alive?

It didn’t matter. She had to lash out to protect herself. It was him that caught her talking to herself or her dead mother really.

She stopped to size him up. Spike Rayne, Sunnydale High’s very own bleached, leather wearing, scar having bad boy. She’d heard things about him. Scary things such as that he burned down the gym during a dance at his last school because this girl that was a hundred times to good for him rejected him and he totally wigged and that he has an obsession with sharp, pointy things. Not only that but he hung out with two members of the Social Scum Club as Cordy and she had named it.

The Social Scum Club consisted of only Sunnydale’s lowest creatures such as Willow Rosenberg and Xander Harris.

And there she went again thinking she was better than everybody! Her mother must have been so fucking proud.

During her little mental rant, she had only been vaguely aware of the fact that he was speaking.

All she caught was a ‘whatever Summers’ and something that resembled ‘bloody bitch’ before he was gone.

“Buffy Summers, you are a real bitch,” she said aloud to herself before starting out of the cemetery, giving her mother a short goodbye.
The Party by PsychoPromQueen7
Author's Notes:
hope u all enjoy!
‘Wow,’ Buffy thought sarcastically, ‘this is like the best date ever!’

Riley and she had been at the party all of twenty minutes and it had taken her the first two to discover his favorite topic of discussion. What you may ask? Himself.

“And that,” Riley boasted proudly, taking a sip of his beer, “Is how I helped up win the champion chip came between…”

“Riley,” Buffy asked him sweetly, cutting him off. He shot her annoyed look but quickly covered it, “Yes?”

“Could you please get me another drink?” she requested, looking down at her empty cup and back up at him.

“Sure thing Buff,” he took her glass and flashed a smile before going to get her a refill.

Okay so yeah, having guys wrapped around your little finger was good. And to think, this was just the beginning of the first date. What could she have him do after a month of dating?

Not that she was sure she wanted to go on another date. Sure he was cute and had that boyish little smile but she had a feeling that that was going to get old and fast. He was just bland when it came down to it. He seemed like the type that would want her to go have Christmas with his grandma in Iowa and that was just down right creepy. She didn’t do serious relationships. They always burned her in the end. Plus, she didn’t do farms or any of the mid-west states either. Well other than Chicago. They had nice shoes in Chicago.

A few minutes later Riley came back with some pinkish orange fruity drink. Cordy must have been getting creative with the liquor again.

She took a sip and sat back as Riley started on about himself again.

******

“Someone looks a little grumpy tonight,” Willow smiled at Spike.

He was sitting in his seat with a scowl on his face. It really was rather cute.

“Yeah,” Xander said, “Did you get your ass kicked on patrol tonight or did Angel just beat you to the evil ass kicking again?”

Spike glared at him, “No. I had a run in with Sunnydale’s Princess Bitch Buffy.”

Willow raised an eyebrow, “In the cemetery?”

He nodded in confirmation before grumbling, “She was supposedly visiting her mother’s gave.”

“Oh,” Willow paused, “Well then I can see why she would get a little defensive. I mean her mother is dead and she was just trying to have a conversation with her. It must still be painful and all.”

“You're defending her?” Xander and Spike asked in unison, shocked.

“Well….” Willow looked up at both of them, “No. I’m sure she said some really nasty things but you have to look at it from her perspective.”

At this Spike went back to scowling which made Willow roll her eyes, “Fine, be a big baby about it. I can't stop you.” She looked at Xander before grabbing his arm, “Come on. Let’s dance and let Spikey here pout in peace.”

Xander snickered before nodding and following Willow out of the dance floor of the Bronze.

Fine, Spike mentally grumbled, just leave me then.

The stupid bitch ruined his entire night she did.

After their little confrontation, he’d almost let some incompetent fledgling get the best of him. It could have been the end for him and it would have been her bloody fault!

She was nothing special. She was as manufactured as they came! There were a million of Buffy Summers in California alone.

Dealing with bitchy little blondes wasn’t in his job description as the slayer either. Of course now he wasn’t ‘the’ slayer but just ‘a’ slayer with the poofer Angel around now.

Oh he needed to get out of here,

******

Her thoughts somehow wandered to the topic that was Spike. Before tonight, he wasn’t even a topic. He was just there, just like anyone outside of her social circle. The people who were just there did not get their own topic yet here she was on the Spike.

Ooh, that sounds kinky...

Bad Buffy! No thinking about being on Spike!

He had that stupid smirk and did he not get the memo that the eighties were long gone? Just because you were born it that decade, doesn’t mean you have to look like you're from that generation.

Hmm, wonder how much he’d like it if she started to call him Billy. He had called her Betty and if he wanted to play name games, she could play. Like he hadn't known her name! Everyone knew of her!

Why was she getting so riled up over this anyways? He was a nothing and she was an everything! The everythings didn’t take time to think about the nothings!

“Riley darling,” she heard and her head snapped up.

Cordy to the rescue!

“I need to borrow Buffy here for just a moment,” Cordy said sweetly, taking Buffy’s hand, “I promise to return her soon.”

Riley smiled goofily, “Okay, just return her in one piece.”

Both girls shot him a sugar induced smile and started off.

“Oh thank you so much Cordy, I was ready to kill myself back there!” Buffy sighed, rolling her eyes.

Cordy laughed, “I could tell. So is he really as plain as white bread?”

“Do you even need to ask?” Buffy gave her a look.

“And to think, you have to actually go back out there…”

“Shut up you bitch,” Buffy muttered with a loving smile.

Cordy returned the smile and patted her on the shoulder, “I know you love me Buffy. Here, how’s this. Go tell Riley that you aren't feeling the greatest and I’m going to give you a ride home and that you’ll call him okay?”

“Cordelia Chase, you are the best,” Buffy planted a big kiss on her cheek before going back into the living room area were Riley was.

When she found him he was having himself a good old time chatting it up with Harmony Kendal and leering at her chest.

She suppressed the urge to roll her eyes. People were just so obvious.

“Riley,” Buffy said, putting on her very best sick little girl voice, “I’m not feeling the best. Cordy is going to give me a ride home.”

Harmony shot her a nasty smile, “I hope you feel better soon then Buffy.”

Bitch.

“No, tell Cordy she doesn’t have to. I brought you. I’ll give you a ride home,” Riley smiled at her.

Oh great.

“Really Riley, that’s okay. You don’t have to leave,” Buffy started to turn to go back into the kitchen to find Cordy but he stopped her.

“I want to. It’s the least I can do,” he insisted.

With a sigh, Buffy nodded, “Okay. Let me just go tell Cordy.”

The boy really didn’t know when to take a hint did he? Jeez, she didn’t think that if she’d flat out told him that she didn’t want him to take her home and she didn’t intend to see him again, he would have gotten it.

Oh well, at least the date was almost over…
School Days by PsychoPromQueen7
Author's Notes:
*takes deep breath* I'm back again because I need some kind of outlet for everything going on. Me and by wonderful beta Beth who has helped me through all of this and has been my voice of reason were talking and I had just a gush of emotion that was followed by inspiration. And you know what else? Fuck Tyler and fuck Kim. Can't break someone who was already broken right? Sorry, being a sympathy whore again...
the conversation that Buffy and Gunn have in this chapter is based off of a real convo I had with my friend Tony a while back : D. Tony is a total pimp. Well not really but you get what I mean...
******

Ah, the first day of school. What a glorious time.

Sure, Buffy hated school but only the academic part. If she could just go to school for the social and not have to sit through the inconveniences that were her classes, it’d be all good.

Besides, this year was her senior year so she had to live it up. Not that her life ended after high school like for so many such as for the jocks that are only passing because they’re having some little nerd do their homework.

Please, she was the fucking Paris Hilton of this school. She was smart and she knew what she was doing, she just didn’t let it show. If she wanted to get straight A’s, she so could. She could do anything if she wanted to, that was a proven fact.

With a sigh, she turned her attention back to her ‘friends’.

“So then,” Harmony rambled on, “I was like ‘and you're dissing my outfit when you're wearing that? I don’t think so bitch’ and then she turned all red and…”

“Harmony!” Cordy exclaimed shaking her head, “Please. We don’t care. How do you not comprehend that?”

“Because she’s Harmony,” Buffy explained as she walked up to the group of girls by Cordy’s locker, “Need I say more?”

A brief flash of hurt crossed her face before she flipped her hair and said coldly, “Whatever.”

Cordy smiled and laughed, “No, I do think that covers it. It’s the first day back in this hell hole and it isn't about you Harmony. It’s about me and my Buffy.”

Harmony just glared in response.

After a while of standing and talking, well more like bad mouthing people really, Buffy spotted Spike and his friends coming down the hall.

Now she had two options here. She could just let it go and be nice or she could make a big deal of it and claim that he’s stalking her.

Of course, Cordy beat her to the punch by commenting on Willow’s outfit, “Oh do tell us Willow. Where does your mother buy your clothes? That is way chic.”

Buffy forced a giggle and started in, “Cordy, do be nicer. I mean she isn't the freak that stalks me now is she Spike?”

Cordy stood back and raised an eyebrow, “Oh really now?”

“Yup,” Buffy smirked, her inner bitch coming out full force, “It’s fucking creepy really. I just hope you don’t burn down my house like you did that gym…”

Spike clenched his jaw, his hands balling into fist. Would it be that bad if he hit her? Really would it? The bitch deserved it.

“It’s just so sad,” Cordy laughed and turned to Buffy as though Spike wasn’t standing right there, “I mean that he felt the need to stalk you to be with you. He could have just…Oh wait, that’s right. He’s trash and you're class. My bad.”

Buffy gave Spike a nasty smile, “That’s right. You're beneath me.”

Okay yes, that was a little harsh there but when had she ever let that stopped her. Being a bitch was in her job description. She came to school daily to squash other people’s feelings. Why the hell did she feel bad about it this time?!

The warning bell rang and Cordy grabbed her arm, still smirking, “Come on Buffy darling. It’s time we get to class and leave the losers to feel sorry for themselves.”

Buffy forced another laugh and nodded, walking away with Cordy and gang.

She felt horrible about what she’s said and she had no idea why.

Once they were out of sight, Spike let out a roar of frustration and punched the locker, making Xander and Willow take a step back. Everyone left in the hall turned and stared.

Willow touched his shoulder gently, “They’re not nice Spike. Don’t listen to Cordelia or Buffy. What do they know?”

“Yeah,” Xander smiled, trying to lighten the mood, “And instead of setting Buffy’s house on fire, she could set her on fire. Now that would be funny.”

Willow gave him a scolding look and Spike smiled just a little.

It would be rather funny to watch all of that golden hair burn, Spike thought with a little smirk.

Yes, he hated the stupid bitch that much.

“Come on,” Willow said, “Let’s go to class. Can't be late on the first day!”

******

“Hey Gunn,” Buffy smiled at him as she caught up with him in the hall, “I have a request because you are the closest thing to a thug I’ll get around here.”

He stopped to look at her with a raised eyebrow causing her to roll her eyes and explain, “I want to be ghetto fabulous you see.”

Gunn burst out laughing, “Buffy Summers, cheerleader, wants to be ghetto fabulous?”

Buffy pouted, “Yes! Now make me ghetto fabulous!”

“I can't make you ghetto fabulous,” he shook his head, “It would take a miracle.”

She glared at him, “Do it now.”

“Well I’m sure I got some friends who wouldn’t mind tappin’ that ass of yours…” he told her with a smirk, “But be careful Buffy, you know what the say. Once you go black…”

“Don’t even finish that sentence,” she told him, still glaring, “Don’t think I didn’t hear that one dude calling me a cracker ho.”

Gunn laughed, “Okay, give me your best ghetto fabulous impression.”

Buffy bit her lip for a moment before nodding and sticking her hand in her crotch and saying, “Yo, yo, yo, hommie, lemme imitate Nelly.”

He started for a moment before he started to walk away, shaking his head.

“Wait!” Buffy called after him, “How about 50 Cent then!”

He just kept walking.

Buffy laughed and turned back around not watching where she was going only to run into someone.

Willow, Spike’s little freak friend.

“Watch where you're going,” Buffy snapped at her, totally ignoring the fact that she ran into her.

Willow nodded urgently, mumbling her apology as she bent down to pick up her split books.

Buffy sighed and rolled her eyes, taking pity on the redhead. She leaned down and helped her pick up the books, “Just watch where you're going. Next time I won't be so nice.”

She was about to turn around and walk away when she heard, “Why did you say those things to Spike?”

Buffy looked up heavenwards, “Because it’s in my nature. I know he’s not stalking me okay? But really, it was too good to pass up.”

“Yes, but why do you have to be like that?”

Buffy groaned and turned around, “Who are you to be asking me these questions anyways? You're not even a blip on my social radar most of the time!”

Willow couldn’t help but mentally smile. She was avoiding the question.

“Whatever,” Buffy snapped at her, “Like I told you, next time I won't be so nice.”

Buffy watched Willow disappear down the hall. When she was out of sight, she let out the breath she’d been holding. The little geek had gotten way to close.
The Abercrombie Generation by PsychoPromQueen7
“People are getting to close mom,” Buffy whispered, resting her chin on her knee. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, “Way to close. Like today this chick Willow Rosenberg who is a girl that I would normally not acknowledge unless I was picking on her, had the nerve to ask me why I’m like this. Where does she get off?!”

As usual, she got no answer but she could tell her mother was there. She could feel it in her bones.

Buffy really didn’t know why she came here almost every night. Her mother was gone. There was no gentle way to put it. Joyce Summers was dead and she’d been that way for almost two years now. She was never coming back and Buffy knew it but, every time she came, she prayed that she could be alive again. All the wishing and praying in the world wouldn’t help. She was never coming back .

The day that her mother had died, Buffy had given up on god and this so called faith. Her father was never around so her mother had all she’d had. Now that she was gone and her father was still devoted to work she had no one. She couldn’t really whine about daddy being Mr. Big Business Man. It kept her living in a big house and in designer clothing.

Sure there were her friends but come on, they weren’t really her friends. She didn’t have any real friends that she could trust and confide in.

People had always told her that god was watching over her. Well bull shit. If she had someone watching over her, they would have never let her mom die. They would have known that she was all she had.

Right now she didn’t know what she believed in.

Maybe she needed this to be her last visit. Maybe she could get over it if she just stopped. Maybe it was the first step of letting go which something she’d yet to do.

Wiping away the few stray tears that had escaped her eyes, she stood up and what did she find?

Spike.

Watching her.

Creepy.

Spike had been on patrol and again there she was, sitting there and talking to her sky. He was still fuming from this after noon. Where did the bloody bitch get off? He hoped that some nasty came along and ate her. She deserved it!

“You really are stalking me,” she said to him, finding it rather funny when his eyes widened, caught.

“I told you already, don’t flatter yourself luv.”

Buffy scowled at him, “Don’t even pull a pet name on me.”

“Well then pet,” he drawled, “What are you doing out in the graveyard at this time of night?”

Spike saw a flash of sadness in her eye, “My mom. We were talking.”

He glanced at the grave and back to her. She just shrugged, “Whatever. It’s no biggie.” She paused for a second before whispering, “I’m sorry.”

“For what?” Spike asked tightly.

“For bringing it up and saying you were beneath me. I’m a bitch. I know it. People just need to get over it.”

When she’d said he was beneath her, it had hit a little to close to home. He didn’t give a flying fuck about what Queen Buffy Summers thought of him but it was those words…

“No need to apologize luv,” he sighed and was about to turn around to leave when she asked, “Hey, what are you doing here at this time of night? I have a good explanation.”

‘Just here to stake a few vamps, maybe slay some demons.’ The words were on the tip of his tongue, “Just out of a walk.”

Buffy raised an eyebrow, “Like a few nights ago?”

He raked his hand through his hair, “Well…yeah.”

Buffy bit her lip, a small smile forming, “It is peaceful. I guess I get why.”

“Yeah, I’ll just be on my way now, you should get going yourself…”

He really wanted to get her out of here before some vamp came along and he’d have to stake the thing and then it’d be a whole big bloody mess.

Buffy stared at him for a moment. For some reason he just looked so at home here, just like she did. It was weird but there was just something….

She nodded, “I should.” She was about to walk away from him when she turned back around with out thing and asked, “Do you want to go grab some coffee somewhere?”

She was going crazy, really she was.

He was shocked to say the least. This was the same chit that had told him he was beneath her earlier and now she was asking him to go grab coffee with her.

“Well?” she asked, taping her food impatiently.

He took a deep breath and nodded, “Okay. What the hell right?”

******

Buffy and Spike sat in an awkward silence, across from each other.

“How can you drink it black like that?” Buffy asked while making a face, breaking the silence.

He looked up at her and asked, “How can you drink all of that bloody…”

“Stop right there mister,” Buffy pointed a stern finger at him, “I could not get on with life with out my latté in the morning. Don’t you dis my choice in coffee or I’ll have to kick your sorry ass.”

Spike smirked at her, “I’d like to see you try.”

“You wanna settle this outside?” she asked with a totally straight face. There was a pause before they both burst out laughing.

Buffy titled her head and looked at him. He really wasn’t a freak. He was nice from the little time she’d spent with him with Sunnydale High not in her mind. And yes, he was sexy as hell. There. She’d admitted it.

“I am really sorry you know,” she finally said, “For what I said. When I’m around them it’s automatic. It’s all a front. I’m not really like that.”

“Then why?” he raised an eyebrow.

“Because,” she looked down at her hands, “You know what? I don’t know why I do it. As cliché as this sounds, popularity is lonely.”

Spike laughed a little, “I really never saw you as the type to bitch about it.”

“I don’t usually,” she smiled a little, “Just to my mom.” Buffy paused before telling him firmly, “I refuse to fall victim to the Abercrombie Generation.”

Spike raised a scarred eyebrow, “The Abercrombie Generation?”

She nodded, “Yeah. You know what I’m talking about.”

At his blank look she elaborated, “Okay, here, how’s this. Totally self-centered blonde girl turns to her equally vain friend and says ‘like ohmigod! I just got my cherry red convertible back from the garage. I’m liked so glad that daddy didn’t take it away from me after I accidentally rear-ended that guy! Now we can go shopping at Abercrombie and Fitch! I have 200 dollars so I can buy a whole pair of jeans and top!’ and then the equally vain friend squeals and says ‘like ohmigod! That’s so awesome! I want to totally get that shirt Lindsey Lohan was wearing! Let’s go!’ Or in simpler terms every jock from 1998 to 2005.”

Spike shook his head and laughed, “You are something Summers.”

“I know,” she smiled at him, “I try. So anyways, what’s you're deal? I mean I now know that you aren't really that big of a freak but…”

She couldn’t help but notice how uncomfortable her question made him look so she sighed, “Hey, you don’t have to tell me anything, just asking.”

They sat in silence for another minute or two before Buffy stood up, “I really should be getting home. I had a nice time talking to you Spike but I hope you realize that on Monday, nothing’s going to be different. I’ll still treat you like shit.”

He shrugged, “Yeah, figured that much. And you’ll still be that bitch I hate.”

Buffy smiled and laughed lightly, “Glad we have an understanding then.”
It's Called Denial by PsychoPromQueen7
Author's Notes:
I have the next chapter already written. Show me how much you want it and review!
For the next two months Buffy and Spike had fallen into a nice routine.

Buffy treated him like shit in school, making nasty comments whenever she got the chance while he glared and sneered and called her names in return. Then at night they would meet up in the cemetery and just talk for hours about everything and anything.

Everything worked out perfectly.

Buffy hated to admit it but the school’s social outcast had become one of her two only true friends.

It was just talking to him was so easy. He never judged her though he had a tendency to snort of scoff and mutter something along the lines of ‘stupid wanker’ when Riley was brought up.

He was holding back though. She could tell he was trying his hardest to keep something a secret. She got a cold feeling that it dealt with all of the rumors about him that were so commonly heard. But then again, so was she. A person could only open up so much so fast. She had no intention of telling him all of her deep dark secrets. Yet.

“Ewww,” Cordy said in disgust as she ran her fingers over a long puke orange and green dress that Harmony was wear, “You can't even pass this off as couture. There is just no excuse.”

“Shut the fuck up Cordy!” Harmony whined at her, “I think it’s pretty.”

Buffy laughed and rolled her eyes, “Yeah, pretty nasty.”

Cordy just happened to me the other of the two real friends.

Harmony of course wasn’t.

“Face it Harm, this dress is horrendously bad. Did daddy dearest like secretly lose his job and you had to go bargain shopping?” asked Cordy as she started to take out one of her curlers.

“You are so vain Cordy,” Buffy laughed.

Cordy turned and gave her a look, “And you aren't. Sometimes I think you're a bigger self-centered bitch than I am.”

Buffy stopped and smiled at Cordy, putting her hand to her heart in a sarcastic gesture, “Oh thank you Cordelia. You don’t know how much that means to me.”

They were both in Buffy’s room getting ready for the homecoming dance. This year’s theme just happened to be Midnight Masquerade.

And to think a week ago they’d been out for each other’s blood during their cut throat homecoming queen campaigns,

Cordy smirked at her, “I do love you bitch.”

“And I love you too whore,” Buffy replied lovingly.

Buffy turned and admired herself and her dress in her vanity mirror.

Her dress was a long flowing iridescent purple silk strapless gown with a gathered back held together by an amethyst butterfly that clung to her body. Her hair was gently curled and resting on her shoulders looking extremely soft. Subtle makeup of mascara, her glitter bronzer that made her skin glow and light, almost clear pink lip-gloss made up her face.

Tonight she was going to take Riley Finn’s breath away.

Over the last two months the balking football player had grown on her just a little. Sure, he wasn’t Mr. Perfect Lets Spend The Rest Of Our Life Together And Have The Perfect 2.5 Kids And Country Club Membership. She seriously doubted she’d even find that Mr. Perfect. Life didn’t work like that. Besides she so wasn’t into the suburban scene. She wanted a little excitement in life. Who wanted to be stuck in the boring forever?

She opened up her jewelry box and went right past all of the expensive jewelry her father brought home to her to pick up a silver fairy charm on a chain.

Her mother had always told her to believe in fairytales. She’d given her this necklace on her 15th birthday. The last birthday she’d ever had with her mother.

Buffy hadn't believed in fairytales since that.

Why should she? Life was one big disappointment. There would never be a Prince charming on his noble fucking steed coming to save her. Like she needed saving. She’d kick the bad guys ass herself.

Cordy pulled out her last curler and grabbed her black and jade green feathered mask to match her dark green silk halter wrap dress that was slit up both sides to mid-thigh and put it on her face, giving Buffy and Harmony a wicked smile, “Ready?”

Harmony ruffled her hair and grabbed her purse going to Cordy’s side.

Buffy stared at herself in the mirror for another second before sliding her mask with multiple colors of purple on and smirked, “Let’s hit it.”

Fuck happy endings. There was no such thing.

******

Willow turned to look at Spike and smiled at him before stating, “You wanted to go tonight.”

Spike’s head snapped around to look at her. He then grumbled, “Did not.”

“Yes you did. You could have gotten Angel to patrol tonight and gone,” she continued, “And I know who you wanted to go with.”

“I do not want to go anywhere with bloody Summers!” he snapped at her.

Willow smirked, “I never said anything about Buffy. Face it Spike. You wanted to go to homecoming with Buffy Summers.”

He glared at her for a second before turning away with out replying.

They walked in silence for a minute before Spike sigh, “I’ve stopped hating the bint for two fucking months and she’s making me want to go to a bloody dance with her!”

“Ooh poor Spikey is having warm fuzzy feelings,” Willow laughed lightly at him.

Of course he ranted on, “I should still hate her you know! She’s an irritating bitch half the time. Ashamed to be seen at school with me she is. Well I don’t want anyone to see me with her either! It would kill my rep. And I hate the way she looks at me with those big green eyes of her and pouts when she can't get her way or the way that she giggles. Bleedin’ annoying!”

“Spike,” Willow said slowly, “You don realize that you like her right?”

“Of course I know I do!” he finished with exaggeration. He went dead silence, his body stiff for a moment before uttering, “Bloody hell.”
Hero by PsychoPromQueen7
Author's Notes:
cliffhanger ending!
Buffy had dropped it like it’s hot, shaken it like a salt shaker, and even done the hustle like there was no tomorrow. Riley had stepped on her toes repeatedly during all of this. Yes, like her shoes didn’t put her feet through enough torture.

What a fun night this was.

She collapsed down onto a chair at their table and sighed.

How many times tonight had she had to listen to people gush and fawn over her? Over her dress, over her and Riley, over everything. Like she was something special. Honestly, it was nice at times. Kept the morale high but really, the whole thing was just getting old.

Maybe she needed some change in her life. Maybe she could cut and dye her hair, get a whole new wardrobe and move to LA where no one knew her. In LA she would just be another pretty face in the crowd. No one would give a shit about her there. Maybe that’s what she needed.

She wouldn’t survive that though. It had become an addiction to be the center of attention. The harsh truth was that no one outside of Sunnydale would care if she fell over and died and that hurt.

She wanted to change the world. She wanted to be somebody that they would all remember for something over than having the nicest clothes. High school was just the starter for her. She didn’t give a shit about high school. It could kiss her perfectly shaped ass. When she got to college, then she’d show everyone. The world wouldn’t know what hit them.

Talk is cheap though. She could sit here and tell herself that she would change the world all she wanted. She had to get out there and just fucking do. Then it would mean something.

Of course if she were to tell her friends any of this, they would laugh. They all already knew their future. Go off to college, party their way through it, meet their rich husband and live not so happily after with their 2.5 messed up children and their country club membership. She’d rather slit her fucking wrists then have that life.

She paused before realizing, Spike wouldn’t laugh. She’d told him a lot of things that showed her human side that she hid so well from the rest of the world and he had never laughed. Okay so yeah, he had laughed when she’d told him about her secret ABBA obsession but that was it.

Buffy looked out at the dance floor and watched her friends and their dates act like they owned it. She watched as Cordy snapped at some girl that she’d bumped into like it had been the girl’s fault. She watched as Harmony and Riley got awful close. Well, at least she wouldn’t have to deal with that anymore. They deserved each other.

It still hurt though. Her boyfriend, though she didn’t really even like him, was still choosing the school’s resident whore over her.

Whatever. Life would go on. It always did. She’d have to walk around for at least a week and act heart broken for the affect but she was glad to be rid of him. Besides, it was funny to let Harmony go around smirking thinking that she’d gotten something over her. Please, the stupid bitch was delusional.

She stood up and grabbed her handbag before she started out of the dance. This scene was just old. Once she got outside she hiked up her dress to make it easier to walk and started to the one place she knew she’d be able to find Spike, the cemetery. At first it had been creepy but now she was used to it. She couldn’t help but wonder why he was always there though. She hadn't bought his ‘out for a walk’ thing since day one.

She walked alone, just enjoying the peacefulness of the night for a few blocks, stopping once to remove her shoes, before she reached Restfield. She’d just pop in to say hi to her mother and find Spike to spill her guts. She just hoped he was there. She didn’t know why she always expected him to be there when she needed him to talk. It was completely unfair of her.

Sure enough, as she entered the gates, there was Spike. Only this time he was with his little red headed friend Willow. They were laughing about something and Willow leaned over and given him a playful push before sticking her tongue out at him. She giggled, he laughed, she giggled, he laughed. Really it was disgusting.

She tilted her head to the side and watched them some more. It’s not like they would make a cute couple or anything. They looked weird together. Usually she thought it was cute when the socially awkward found love among each other but..

Oh. My. God.

She was jealous of them.

The world as she knew it was ending.

“Well, well, well,” a male voice with a slight lisp drawled from behind her, making a chill go up her spine, “Look at the tasty little morsel I’ve found myself tonight.”

She spun around, putting on her bravado and was about to tell him that if he didn’t back away now she’d knee him so hard in the balls that they would come out of his mouth all while trying to get out the pepper spray in her purse when she saw his face.

It was....

He gave her a fangy smirk and licked his lips, “Oh little girl, I’m going to have fun with you tonight.”

In a state of horror and shock she did the only thing she could.

She screamed.

******

A loud female scream tore through the night air.

Spike stopped, instantly snapping into slayer mode.

“Over there!” Willow pointed urgently in the direction the scream had come from.

Spike turned and froze.

Buffy.

This was his chance. He’d save her and he’d get the girl and for once everything would…

His thought was cut off when the bloody poof entered the picture.

******

Buffy really didn’t know what was going on. One minute she was frozen in shock as some disgusting thing came at her. Now there was some dark figure dressed in all black kicking the shit out for the disgusting thing. Now it wasn’t that she was unthankful for the dark figure but what the fuck was going on?!

She watched, transfixed, as the dark figure thrust something into the chest of the disgusting thing and it turned to dust right before her eyes.

“Are you okay Miss?”

Buffy was to busy melting over the dark figure to answer.

Their eyes locked for a moment, her mouth gaping, choking on her words.

Those eyes…

Swoon
AN by PsychoPromQueen7
Author's Notes:
i'm so sorry!
I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while and for those of you looking for one, this holds no good news. My life is so drama filled right now. I mean, if you thought my stories were filled with drama and twistiness (that's not even a word....) my love life tops them all right now. I need to get my shit all sorted out first before I can even try to think about getting back to writing. I'm sorry you all! (this is the second 'my life is shit so I can't write right now' notes and I feel so bad about it.)
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=11027