Car Trouble 8 - Aloha Oahu by Kings of Mercia
Summary: Spike and Buffy got married instead of Anya and Xander, winning a fantastic honeymoon of a lifetime....now Anya wants revenge!!!
Categories: General NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 12154 Read: 9293 Published: 05/26/2005 Updated: 06/08/2005

1. Chapter 1 by Kings of Mercia

2. Chapter 2 by Kings of Mercia

3. chapter 3 by Kings of Mercia

4. Chapter 4 by Kings of Mercia

5. Chapter 5 by Kings of Mercia

6. Chapter 6 by Kings of Mercia

7. Chapter 7 by Kings of Mercia

Chapter 1 by Kings of Mercia
Author's Notes:
You'll need to have read Car Trouble 7 at least to understand this!
Car Trouble 8 - Aloha Oahu!

By the Kings of Mercia NC17
Pairing –B/S


Chapter 1



“Well I’m not driving it back – if anything happened to his precious heap of – I mean the Desoto, he’d, well – you know” Xander said

Willow nodded and said she understood

“Oh, that’s me…” Xander took his cell-phone out of his pocket and read the text message he’d been sent. He looked neither happy nor sad; he just flipped the phone shut after he’d finished reading.

“Um, Anya?” Willow asked biting her bottom lip, and Xander just nodded, and then he said

“She said she’s gone cruising with some friends for a week or so, and when she gets back we must talk”

“Is that everything, you haven’t forgotten anything?” Willow took one last look around the motel room and shut the door.

They drove back to Sunnydale in Buffy’s convertible, in relative quiet. They’d been friends forever, and they were comfortable with silences, no need for chat or music.

He pulled into Buffy’s garage, and posted the car keys through the door.

“Right then, will you be okay to walk home with that case, I never thought, I should have dropped you off first”

“I’ll be fine. Xander – will you be okay?”

“Course I will!”

“I could come and stay – I could sleep on the sofa and-“ Xander reached for her and put his hand on her shoulder.

“I’m fine, honestly – the most overriding emotion I feel at the moment, is relief, I swear”

Willow moved in and hugged him

“Anything you need, ANYTHING, or you just want to talk – or, or not, if you just want to sit…you know where I am”

Xander returned the hug, smoothed her hair and kissed her forehead.

“I know – I was thinking, I know I’ve got a week booked off but, well, I might just head on down to the construction site in the morning, see how Chuck and Larry and the rest of the boys are doing”

Willow felt her stomach knot and a lump in her throat and she nodded.

“Come on, I’ll walk you half way home, okay?” Xander picked up their cases
and began to walk towards home.

*************

“No, okay, yes, I understand, but YOU’VE got to understand, my hus-husband, god that sounds strange me saying that…where was I – oh yes, my husband suffers from um, helio…erm, helio-discombobulating…itis – look, he’s ‘lergic to the sun, and can’t go out in daylight, so it’ll have to be a night flight!”

“I see madam, if you’d just like to wait there”

Buffy leant first on one hip, then the other, drumming her fingers while the check-in clerks did their stuff.

“That will be perfectly fine, Mrs…?”

Buffy suddenly had the strangest thing occur to her - she didn’t know her new married surname!

“Just call me Buffy!”

“Well, okay then…Buffy, the evening flight is confirmed for you, it departs for Oahu at 19.45hrs”

The check-in clerk saw Buffy begin to count on her fingers the only way she could do the 24-hour clock.

“That’s a quarter to eight, Mrs – erm, Buffy”

“Yes, right, thankyou!” Buffy got back to the stretch limo, with the blacked out windows.

“Quarter to eight tonight!”

“Great! I was just talking to Sid here (the chauffeur) he reckons this here hotel where we are going to is a bit special! – Isn’t that right mate?” Spike said, grinning

“Sir!” the driver smiled and nodded. Buffy grinned and said,

“I really can’t wait!”

***************

Willow couldn’t sleep. She tossed and turned, and knew she needed to do something…………………

At 8.30am the following morning, Xander woke up to the smell of baking.

Frowning at first, he followed his nose sniffing the aroma all the way to the kitchen.

Willow was just standing up, taking yet another batch of cookies out of the oven.

It seemed that every available surface in the kitchen was covered in plates and trays full of various cookies.

“Morning – I let myself in with the spare key, hope you don’t mind!” She pulled the oven gloves off, and folded the tea towel neatly.

“I felt the need to bake!” She laughed a little too brightly for such early an hour, and Xander frowned.

“Great, merciful Zeus Will………is there something you want to tell me?” Xander yawned, scratched his head and counted at least 10 lots of cookies.

With a frightened look, she vigorously shook her head.

“O…kay” Xander wouldn’t push her, he guessed she’d tell him in her own time …

“Um, there’s erm, there’s choc-chip, pecan, cherry-choc-chip…um cinnamon and apple…um those ones are plain…these are raisin and honey and those by the fruit bowl are double choc-chip, and cherry double choc-chip. There’s cherry cinnamon choc-chip and raisin in the oven – just to use the dough up, um, try one?”

She held out a plateful to him and smiled sunnily at him.

“Thanks………”


***********


As soon as Buffy and Spike got out of the limo at Club Tropicana, A dozen native Hawaiians smiled and greeted them, putting lei around their necks.

“Oh god, MORE champagne – I’ll be cleaning my teeth with it at this rate!” Buffy took a flute from the proffered tray, as did Spike, they ‘chinked’ the glasses together and smiled for the cameras as they arrived at their destination.

Once the photo-call was over, they were shown to their honeymoon suite.

Seemed EVERYBODY wanted to get in on the act, and on the huge four-poster bed were some ‘goodie bags’ for each of them.

Sexy lingerie from Victoria’s Secret, designer swimwear, sunglasses by Dolce and Gabbana, tee shirts, shorts, sandals…

On a side table was a huge bouquet of fresh orchids, their rich heady fragrance competing for dominance with the lei garlands around their necks.
There was a fruit basket with every conceivable fruit in it, a huge box of the finest Belgian chocolates and of course, the obligatory bottle of champagne, cooling in a bucket of crushed ice.

Buffy ran to the balcony doors and threw them open – the night was balmy and she looked at the palm fringed beach to the sea, the sound of the waves as they crashed on the beach sounded so inviting, to the left she could see a huge bonfire, she could smell barbecue and hear the sounds of a rich Latino beat throbbing, she could just about make out some silhouettes of couples dancing.

Spike came up behind her, slipped his arms around her waist and kissed her neck

She turned in his arms and began to kiss him.

“Happy, kitten? – Hmm - God I love you!”

“Hmm, blissfully…I love you too…come on, let’s get changed go out and enjoy the night, we can have all day in bed!”

“Sounds like a plan!”
Chapter 2 by Kings of Mercia
Chapter 2


Gunn and Wes were standing in the corridor talking, both mentally rubbing their hands with delight over the Hawaiian venue, when the main office door opened and Cordelia came flying out, crying.

“Cordy – CORDY – Come back!” Angel stood at the doorway, holding a newspaper, he dropped his shoulders and sighed, then all everybody heard was a string of very un-ladylike swear words from Cordy as she banged open the fire doors and disappeared through them.

“What’s-“ Was all Wes had the chance to say, before Angel thrust the newspaper into his hands without a word, and went back into the office.

Gunn and Wes frowned after Angel, then Wes straightened out the paper. Automatically going for the back-page, thinking it was something to do with company share prices…when they could see nothing of any description to warrant either Cordy’s or Angel’s behaviour, Wes turned the newspaper round, and they both saw the blazing headline, and the picture, and after looking at each other, they began to read the few lines underneath.

“Hey, that’s that guy, I mean vampire that was here and sorted out that gambling demon’s mess a month or two back…oh look, he and Buffy got…”

“Oh dear!” Wes dropped his arm holding the paper and looked at his colleague.

“Oh dear indeed!” Gunn concurred.

***************


Anya smiled and poured herself more champagne. Well, sparkling wine at least.
She tried not to think about the five star luxury she’d been denied, how it could have been REAL champagne instead of Spanish Cava, and eating REAL caviar instead of the lumpfish roe being served…


Sharkman was giving a drinks party on board his boat, and he was talking to a demon with a weird shaped head. Anya smiled and came and stood by them, linking her arm around Sharkman’s fin.

“Are you talking business – or can I stay?”

“No baby, you’re fine…isn’t she gorgeous?” Sharkman boasted to the Hammerhead shark demon he was talking to.

“She sure is…so Sharky my main man…what are you doing back around LA – thought you said it was too small for your big fancy ideas, two months ago you couldn’t leave quick enough, in fact, you left so quickly, nobody knew where you were for a fortnight!”

Sharkman suddenly felt embarrassed and glanced at Anya, but she wasn’t going to give the game away.

“Oh…you know how it is…(He shrugged) got the boat moored here…I just didn’t like the set-up, you can’t get the staff these days, I’ll be here for a week or so, and then I’m moving back up to Vegas!”

This got Anya thinking…suddenly an idea came to her – it was Spike that found her in the LA hotel room with Sharkman a few months back…and he’d been there as an indirect link of his old enemy, and Buffy’s old boyfriend, Angel. And Angel was head of a Wolfram and Hart…renown for the toughest lawyers in the business……………

“I’ve got it – I’ll sue!” Anya suddenly said out loud

“I’m sorry my dear – sue? – Sue – what, I mean who are-“

“Oh, sorry, take no notice of me…Sharky, baby, can I use your phone?”

“Sure baby, in our cabin, go right ahead!” she left the two shark demons lighting up cigars and went to the cabin.

She got the number of Wolfram and Hart………

***************

Buffy shrieked as Spike had scooped her up at the waters edge and threatened to drop her into the surf.

Buffy tightly wound her arms around his neck and kissed him

“You wouldn’t…not after all that I’ve done for you tonight!”

Spike smiled and asked,

“What’s that then Kitten?”

“Well, I’ve got the hotel to get some black screens to put up at the windows on account of your sun allergy…and I told them that housekeeping must be done in the evenings while we are out, we don’t want to be disturbed through the day WHATSOEVER!”

“Oh baby, you did that, for me? – Is it any wonder I love you?”

He set her down carefully and they began to kiss, both getting a little over-heated.

“Hmm, can’t we just go back to our room and-“

“Wait baby, we can only be out here during the night, let’s have a cocktail, and some barbecue…little dancing…and then…”

“Then?”

“Then I’m going to make love to you ALL day, promise you, it’ll be all the more special for waiting!” Buffy rubbed noses with him as she said it and they were both grinning

“Sounds like heaven!”

“It will be baby…come on, I fancy one of those cocktails that everybody’s drinking out of coconuts…”
chapter 3 by Kings of Mercia
Chapter 3


“For gods sake, doesn’t ANYBODY answer the bloody phone around here…where the hell is Harmony” Angel groused and snatched up the receiver.

“Yes, hello, what is it?”

“Is that Wolfram and Hart, lawyers?”

“Yes”

“I want to sue somebody – they stole my wedding!”

“What – look, lady, we’re not that kind of lawyers, you need to find-“

Ignoring what Angel was saying, Anya continued,

“I know who you are, I used to be a vengeance demon, but that aside, we have mutual friends, well acquaintances…”

“………I’m sorry, I’ll pass you over to one of the secretaries when I can find one that is, they might be able to give you the names of some lawyers that can-“

“Buffy Summers”

“…………Help you – what – what about Buffy?”

“She’s the bitch that’s stolen my wedding, that’s what - her and that bloody bleached vampire!”

“I’m sorry, who did you say you are again?” Angel’s demeanour changing in an instant

“I told you, my name is Anya, I was going to marry Xander Harris yesterday at the House of Aphrodite”

“Go on”

“And it didn’t happen – somehow, they managed to hijack everything, they got married instead, with my wedding ring, and my bouquet, and then they won MY honeymoon!”

“I see. So what would you be suing for, exactly?”

“The cost of my wedding…AND the honeymoon they had, it should have been mine – well mine and Xander’s, but we can forget about him for the moment!”

“I tell you what, Anya…where are you now?”

“On a boat, just off Long Beach”

“Right, can you be at the Starbucks on the beach front at 10.30 tomorrow morning?”

“Yes”

“Good, I’ll send a car for you”

“Thanks… um, how much will all this cost?”

“Well let me see…as you know Buffy – how about if we do this on a no-win, no-fee basis – this is just a one off mind” Angel said, smiling to himself

“Excellent, 10.30am Starbucks beach front, got that, bye!” Anya put the phone down and smiled as she lay down on the bed.


****************


“Xander!” Willow opened her front door and smiled brightly, then she remembered the circumstances and frowned

“Um are you okay, come in – want some tea?”

“Great, thanks”

Willow went and put the kettle on and came back into the lounge with a plate of cookies.

“Oh, hey, not for me…I had them for breakfast…and lunch…dinner I had the plain ones…Oh, but Larry said he liked the cherry ones…”

Willow was nervously stepping form foot to foot, wringing her hands, waiting for the kettle to boil.

She made tea and took it in.

“So…how was your day – did the guys at the site say anything, what did you tell them?”

“Oh…I just said there’d been a change of plan” Xander sipped his too hot tea.

He put it down on a coaster and sat forward

“Willow…” Willow felt her stomach muscles tighten, she felt slightly sick and wondered just how long she could last without blurting out the secret of the spell…

“Hmm?”

“I’ve heard from Anya again”

“Oh?”

“Yeah…she um, she text me another message” Willow sat there expectantly

“She’s going to sue Buffy and Spike – she said they deliberately stole our wedding, and she wants compensation”

“Compensation?”

“She wants the cost of the honeymoon”

Willow relaxed a little, thankful that Xander hadn’t asked her any awkward questions.

“I – I see, and um, h-how do you f-feel about that?”

“Quite frankly, I really don’t know at the moment…see on one hand, I’m wondering if it’s true, they HAVE kept the rings and did seem to get married and that, but I just don’t understand………”

“What?”

“How it happened – something happened why did they suddenly do it?”

THAT was a question Willow had been dreading………

Xander didn’t notice Willow’s discomfort and carried on.

“I’ve been over it – I was there, feeling really yucky you know, that bowtie thing was making me feel sick and faint, Spike opens this door and sits me down in this room…oh god, the hipflask!”

“Hipflask?”

“Do you think there was something other than vodka in the hipflask?”

Willow was completely confused

“Xander, start again, what hipflask, what vodka?”

“When I felt bad, Spike offers me a mouthful from his hipflask…I was reluctant at first, thinking if it was Scotch or something, Anya would smell it and go ballistic, but he told me it was vodka.

I thought for a minute he might have spiked it with something…but I went with you to the ceremony room, didn’t I, it’s not like it knocked me out or anything, and they would have done the same thing to Anya wouldn’t they – no…that can’t be it. Oh gods it just doesn’t make sense! None of it makes sense”

Willow kept glancing at Xander, but she still said nothing about the spell, she couldn’t risk falling out with him, he’d have nobody………she was aware that Xander was talking again.

“It was Anya that walked away saying she didn’t want to get married – or her exact words were oh bollocks, this wedding’s off – who was with Anya when Spike was with me?”

“Me”

“You and not Buffy?”

Willow nodded

“But at no time did you see Buffy give Anya anything, a, a drink or candy – anything that could have been spiked to make her walk off like she did”

“No, she couldn’t have, she didn’t!” Willow said, knowing this was the truth, Xander nodded

“I just don’t get it…oh well, I suppose we’ll find out when Spike and Buffy get home – oh sorry…(Xander answered his ringing cell-phone) Hello – Cordelia?………Yes…………really………um, actually no, no I didn’t, all I knew was that Anya said she was… sorry, what? – When………um yes I suppose so, what for………huh, I’m just trying to do that now…okay then, bye”

Willow was intrigued that Xander had just had a call from Cordelia.

He slipped the phone back into his pocket

“That was Cordelia – apparently, Anya’s using Wolfram and Hart to sue Buffy – she seemed surprised I didn’t know it was them she was using…figures I suppose. Anyway, she wants me at the main LA office next Friday, they need my side of the story, what I can tell them. They’ve sent a writ to the hotel where Buffy and Spike are; they’ve been subpoenaed to attend too. Willow, come with me”

“WHAT?”

“Please?”

“Oh, um yeah, c-course!”

**************

Spike and Buffy left it to the last possible second before sunrise to go indoors from their fantastic night on the beach.

Inside the room, they pulled out the black screens and covered the windows.

Slowly they undressed each other, it didn’t take long as they were both only in shorts and a tee shirt. It thrilled Buffy as her husband’s eyes appraised every inch of her warm skin, and she eagerly went to him as he tugged her into a tight embrace kissing her like there was no tomorrow. They tumbled to the bed still kissing and Buffy was trying to hold as much of him as she could, his head, his back, they rolled and kissed, each time their kisses getting more urgent and needy.

His cool lips brushed her throat, he trailed lower, softly massaging her soft skinned firm breasts, sucking her hard nipples in turn making her writhe and beg. Her hands weren’t idle and she fluttered her nails down his back.

Spike continued to leave a trail of cool kisses down her body and he settled between her silken thighs he raised her bottom and ‘scented’ his cheeks over the soft scrub of her dark curls, drinking in the scent of her arousal.

Buffy was mewling, making soft little gasps at the back of her throat. Spike loved this; he felt her fingers in his hair and her softly undulating hips begging him to taste her………

Swirling his tongue round and round her clit, she let out a wail of pure pleasure, that turned to breathy little gasps as he alternated between swirling and swiping back and forth over the hard little bundle of nerves.

Every so often he’d slip his tongue lower to mop up her flowing essence, growling against her clit, the vibrations sending thrills right through her.

He was getting unbearably hard and kissing quickly up her body he took his weight on one forearm, positioned himself at her hot wet sex and thrust forward, nuzzling her neck at the same time.

All Buffy’s senses seemed hypersensitive and she arched her back and raised her legs, locking her ankles high up around his back. This sent him so deep inside her that she felt the first orgasm on her before she could properly draw breath. He felt her muscles squeeze him, but he kept the pace quite slow and deliberate, pushing all the way in, the sweet sticky friction felt unbelievably good.

Kissing her hard, their tongues fort a duel for supremacy, and he kept up the steady pace of thrusting up until he was completely hilted, then pulling almost all the way out. Buffy let her legs drop and putting her feet flat on the mattress she began to thrust her hips up in time with him, she begged him to go faster, and she raked her nails down his back, leaving slightly raised red welts, she bit his neck, sucking hard hickeys, making Spike really pound into her, his toes digging into the mattress to get some really deep thrusts into her cervix. Buffy keened as she felt her second orgasm building, she knew it was going to be so good.

“Oh god…so big………so, so good, don’t stop babe, love you oh god Spike – I – I love- love you – ooooohhhhh –babe, claim...claim me “ she gasped and pressed his head to her neck, lifting her chin to give herself to him completely.

Spike eyes rolled as her slick tight walls clenched at his huge hardness, and she felt him swell, when his fangs slid into the silky soft flesh of her neck she could feel the pull of her womb match the pull of her blood, giving her the longest, strongest, deepest orgasm she’d ever had.

Spike removed his fangs and roared out his climax, emptying himself inside her, before totally collapsing on top of her – he’d never come so hard in his total existence before!

Buffy was panting, she felt like she’d run a marathon or three! Spike had his head in her neck, and she kissed his cheek and whispered

“Wow…told you it’d would be worth waiting for!”

Spike grinned and raised his head

“You did pet, you did!” Buffy grinned, felt he was still hard, and still inside her. Before he knew what was happening, she’d rolled them and was on top. Spike’s hands immediately went to her hips and she began a slow roll and figure of eight motion………seven more times they did it, each taking it in turns to dominate the proceedings, changing positions frequently.

One thing Spike knew, even if he existed to be a thousand years old, he’d never forget this night, ever.

They made love all day – until sheer exhaustion took over at around 3pm
Chapter 4 by Kings of Mercia
Chapter 4


“So we’re not going to Hawaii after all then?” Gunn said, not even bothering to try and keep the disappointment out of his voice.

“Seems not, this woman, this Anya is coming here”

“When?”

“Today, then the big meeting will be a week on Friday, when the honeymoon ends and they’ll all be here, that Xander bloke, and Buffy and Spike”

Cordelia was at the photocopier and when she came over to put something on
Angel’s desk Gunn said,

“Cordy, as we’re not going to Hawaii now, any ideas as to where we are going?”

She shrugged and said,

“The boss said he hasn’t the time or the inclination to think of, how did he put it…oh yes, ‘the time or the inclination to deal with such trivialities as this, when we have REAL cases to deal with’”

“Real cases – real cases, what does he think we deal in – bloody made up ones any other time?” Gunn was annoyed.

He wasn’t the only one. Trying her best to keep it well hidden, Cordelia was FURIOUS. She was angry with Angel, his head seemingly still full of Buffy.

Well she’d bide her time, hopefully she’d have her moment soon enough!

*****************

Buffy turned to lie on her stomach, her eyes fluttering open briefly, she saw the flash of gold on her left hand and smiled.

Raising her head she looked at her ‘husband’, and her smile got wider – she couldn’t believe it – she, Buffy Anne Summers, the Slayer, the Chosen One, was MARRIED! - And to a vampire and all, no less…gods, did she live a weird life…She reached out and stroked down his cool as marble sculptured back, and Spike turned over

“Hey”

“Hey yourself!”

“Spike”

“Hmm?”

“We’re married!”

“I know…wonderful, isn’t it – although I don’t like these wedding rings…they’re cheap and nasty. When we get home”

“When we get home, what?”

“When we get home, I’ve got a very, VERY special one for you”

“Really?”

“Really!”

“I love you” Buffy grinned and snuggled up

“I love you too!”

“Babe………look what I’ve got, just for you now!”

“OOOOOHHHHHHHHHH – is that all for me?”

“Every last inch is all yours babe!”

“OOHHHHHHHH Ggoooooooodddddddddddddddddd, yyyeesssssssssssssss!”

*****************


“Sit down, Miss…”

“It SHOULD by right be Mrs Harris now, but you can call me Anya”

“Anya, right, oh um, can I get you a coffee – soft drink?”

“Coffee would be great, thanks”

Angel fussed around getting the coffee for her and then placing it on the desk. He sat down opposite her and opened a leather bound notebook.

“Now, Anya, can you tell me exactly what happened on the day in question”

Anya began to talk, and Angel took notes………

“………Gone out for a breath of fresh air, you know, butterflies and all that, when who should be coming outside to meet me, was Spike”

“Spike?”

“Yes, he said he was just going to find me, everyone was getting restless”
she conveniently glossed over the fact that she’d been talking to an old boyfriend outside, or the fact that she asked Spike out-right if he thought she was doing the right thing………

“I see, and this was immediately prior to the ceremony was it – I mean the ceremony that SHOULD have taken place?” Angel asked

“Well, yes”

“Why do you think………hmm, it doesn’t add up – what did he do then?”

“He told me to go to the ceremony room, and he’d go fetch the others”

“He told you, not took you?” Angel asked frowning

Anya nodded, then Angel continued,

“Go on, so what happened next, where were the others?”

Anya shrugged and said,

“I don’t know, Spike walked in the opposite direction to me, I went to the ceremony room and the registrar was waiting to do his stuff”

“Then what?”

“Then Willow comes in with Xander, he’s looking slightly green around the gills, and the registrar said ‘Good, can we start now please, you’re already over ten minutes late!’ So Willow said, hold on, were waiting for the best man and the bridesmaid, you can’t start yet, as they have the rings and the bride’s bouquet”

“Okay, and?”

“And nothing, that’s it. The registrar gets right cross with us, telling us we better hurry up coz he’s wanted for a photo-call – as the, well MY prize has been won”

“So what did you do then?”

“Well, naturally I was SO upset…I um, I said to my Xander I said something like um, ‘Oh, I’m um, too er, too disappointed to erm, well even THINK about getting married at this moment my love – can we please postpone it while I get over the er…the vast disgruntled-ness and frustration at having such a wonderful honeymoon snatched from our grasp…or something like that” Anya had looked everywhere other than Angel while she said her piece………

Frowning, Angel doodled on his pad and said,

“At anytime were you told the prize was yours?”

“Um…no” Anya picked at invisible threads on her skirt.

“So at what stage did you learn that Buffy and Spike had got married then?”

“Well, I stormed, um, I –I m-mean I left the ceremony room, and went outside, and I could see a whole bunch of people on the grass outside by the terrace, and two people having their photographs taken – there was champagne and-“

“Yes, yes – I take it this was Buffy and Spike, so then what did you do?”

“Well, I went over to them and um, I said, what’s happening and that, and they both have stupid grins on their faces and said they’d just got married”

“Anything else?”

“Well, I tried to help Buffy get MY wedding ring off her finger…” Anya stared at her shoes when she said this and Angel said,

“Did she give it to you?”

“Did she hell! Security came and, said, well, insisted I go with them and leave the couple alone – that’s the last I saw of them – of anybody in fact”

“How does Xander feel about this, is happy that you are suing?”

“I’ve let him know by phonecall, and text…I haven’t seen him”

“You haven’t seen your fiancé since you left the Aphrodite Wedding Chapel on the evening of the fourth…I see.”

“So, what are my chances?” Anya asked hopefully

Angel knew her chances were zero, but he wanted to get to the bottom of why Buffy suddenly married Spike, so he thought he’d be cagey…

“Well, as things stand – I’d have to get my legal team on it you understand, and I’ll need to speak to Xander and Willow too”

“Must you?”

“Well, as they were there, yes – they might hold vital information, and I also must talk to Buffy and Spike…I really, REALLY MUST”

“Very well…um when will this happen?”

“When their honeymoon’s over, I’ll subpoena them to appear here”

“Good…so, next Friday then. Well, thankyou Mr…?”

“Just call me Angel”

“Thankyou, Angel – Bye”

Outside the office door, Cordelia, Wes and Gunn quickly straightened up from ‘keyholing’ and went off in different directions to look innocent.

They all met by the water cooler

“Well, from what I’ve just heard, she’s got no chance” Wes said, and Gunn nodded in agreement and said,

“Not a snowball in hell’s chance – so why didn’t he just tell her then, instead of wasting everybody’s time?”

“The cost?” Wes asked, raising one brow

“Nope – this is a freebie – as it involves Buffy. Saw it in the diary, it’s marked as NWNF”

“NWNF?” Gunn looked puzzled

“Well, I took it to mean, no win, no fee – all he wants to know is why his precious Buffy has married Spike, that’s all”

“Oh, schtum, here he comes”

“There you are…I was wondering where everybody had got to…is Harmony about?” Angel asked walking towards the trio.

Without looking at him, Cordelia disengaged herself from the group and said,

“Day off, I’ll see you two guys later”

“Yeah, see you Cordy”

“Later ‘Delia”

Angel watched her walk down the corridor, and said,

“She won’t speak, she’s still sore with me”

Both Gunn and Wes gave Angel an incredulous look

“Well, what do you expect, man – jeez! There’s you two supposed to be an item, but your heads too full of Buffy, no wonder she’s sore at you!”

Angel frowned and said,

“It’s not!”

“Oh come on! – You roared like a bear when you saw the front of that Las Vegas newspaper!” Wesley reminded him

Angel looked pained and said,

“It’s Spike! I want to know what he’s done to Buffy – she’d NEVER marry him without some shenanigans going on!”

“You don’t know that!”

“I do! I KNOW Spike!”
Chapter 5 by Kings of Mercia
Chapter 5


“Suns coming up babe – we must…I’m sorry” Spike felt awful, they’d just had a walk along the beach, paddling in the clear water…

“Shh babe, it’s okay, don’t be sorry – we’ve had another wonderful night”

Spike drew her towards him, cuddled her up and buried his head in the crook of her neck and nuzzled.

“Just once, I’d love to be able to watch the sunrise with you” Spike whispered

Buffy held the back of his head to her and closed her eyes for a few moments, and then she said,

“Oh well, no biggie – seen one, you seen them all…come on – lets go to bed – hope you’ve saved some energy for me and aren’t all limbo’ed out – you got down very low with that bar!”

“Getting out of tricky situations, love!”

Buffy rolled her eyes and smiled as they pulled the black screens across the windows in their room.

“Right, shall we – oh!” Buffy turned to see Spike already naked, heading for the bathroom

“Last one in sits the plughole end! It’s where the spiders watch from the over-flow!”

Buffy suppressed a grin and was soon naked herself

“Oh Spikey…if YOU sit the plughole end, I’ll…………………………

(Well, they have to be allowed SOME secrets, they are on honeymoon! – Needless to say, Spike volunteered to sit the plug end EVERTIME if that was his reward!)

The rest of the honeymoon passed far too quickly – sometimes while Spike slept, Buffy would go out to the beach to sunbathe, but most of the time they spent making love, and talking. All too soon the last day, Wednesday came.

“What time’s the flight again, love?”

“Nine…but the limo will be here just gone four to pick us up, and he knows to drive the underground parking lot”

“Right…it’s a pity we can’t take these, they’d be useful!”

Spike indicated the black pullout screens

“No room, I can only just about fit the bathrobes into this designer carrier sack!”

“Buffy Sum- I mean – wow, I just thought, you’re not a Summers anymore, are you?!”

“Oh – THAT’S what I wanted to ask you! Remember at the airport check in, when I went to change the flight time – the woman behind the desk was all nice and polite, and she said, ‘I’ll just go and change this for you, Mrs – and I realised; I didn’t know my own married surname!”

“Sorry, it’s – “ a voice from outside interrupted him

(KNOCK, KNOCK - House-keeping!)

Buffy went over to the door and opened it two inches and said,

“I told you, not during the day, my husband has-“

“Sorry ma’am, last day, you go by 12.30 lunch, is rules”

“What – but Spike can’t he’ll-“

“I will do other rooms next, but you must go by lunchtime” The Filipino chambermaid said. Buffy closed the door and said,

“Oh hell – did you get that babe?”

“Uh huh, no matter, we’ll just have to wrap these screens around me until the limo arrives”

***************

Thursday lunchtime, Buffy’s house.


It looked ridiculous. Buffy the one end of the sofa, Spike the other, both wearing sunglasses and under strict instructions from Willow NOT to look each other in the eyes. Spike had opened the subpoena form Wolfram and Hart, and it lay on the sofa between them. To say he wasn’t happy would be an understatement………

Willow paced and wrung her hands.

Spike had had enough, and tore off his glasses.

“This is – is SO fucking stupid!”

“I know, I’m sorry, I’m, SO SORRY!” Willow whined

“Well it’s a bit bloody late for sorry – “

“Spike, calm yourself, sit down, you’re not helping!” Buffy said quietly. Spike glared at her and snapped,

“I’M not helping? Me? – And I suppose walking around, wearing a hole in the carpet wringing her hands like she’s doing is helping a whole bloody load is it? Look, babe, look at me – Buffy, please baby” Spike knelt down in front of his wife, and Buffy made a token gesture at resisting looking at him by turning her head to the left.

Spike was having none of it and he gently turned her face to him, plucked the dark glasses off her face, and any doubts Buffy had been having about her marriage melted away as soon as she looked into Spike’s eyes.

“No – NO! What did I tell you – you mustn’t look into oh…goddess…” Willow sighed as Buffy and Spike were petting and cooing at each other again.

“At least it wasn’t a love spell! She said the love had to be already there for it to work…please baby…don’t end what we’ve got, I love you, so much, I really do – this means everything to me, what we have” Spike was earnestly stroking her hair or her arm, looking deeply into her eyes.

Buffy gave him a watery smile and nodded

“I know, it does to me too, I love you too” Spike relaxed his tense shoulders and gently pulled her towards him

“Well then, this isn’t so bad, is it – we’ll get through this!”

The front door opened and Xander breezed in.

“Oh, so you’re back!” he said, seeing Spike on his knees and the back of Buffy sitting on the sofa.

“They got back at six o’clock this morning” Willow said. Xander frowned as neither Buffy nor Spike so much as acknowledged his presence, they were too busy kissing and rubbing noses and whispering to each other.

“Would you tell them the honeymoon’s over now, they can go back to fighting!”

“Um…Xander…I have something to tell you.” Xander dragged his eyes off Buffy and Spike, and looked at Willow and his frown lines deepened as Willow was almost hopping from foot to foot, she was wringing her hands and biting her bottom lip.

“Hmm? – What’s that then Will? – You look kinda angsty”

“Um, come – come in here, and sit down………now promise me you won’t shout”

Xander plonked himself down on one of the dining room chairs. He hadn’t a clue what she was going to say, but he’d got a feeling he wasn’t going to like it………


“…………I can’t believe……… a SPELL! You used a magic spell! ………All this time, you knew! I’ve been wracking my brains, trying to figure things out, and you knew all the time it was you and a spell? Oh Willow, how could you?”

Willow was near to tears, and she squeaked,

“I know! And I’m really sorry, but I did it for you and Anya! I wanted you to be happy – you were having doubts, and, and well I thought-!”

“You thought? – That’s just it Will, you DIDN’T think! Oh god – you’ve screwed up big this time round…the cookies - THAT’S what all the baking was about! So…what do they say about it?” Xander jerked his thumb over his shoulder.

“Well, erm-“ Xander turned to look where he’d just indicated, but the couple weren’t there…

“Oh, where did, what’s oh, OH GOD!” he listened for a few seconds, and from upstairs could be heard the sound of the bed creaking rhythmically, and erotic groaning, cries of ecstasy and pleasured gasps from upstairs.

“I’m SO sorry Xander” Willow said, finding her voice at last

Xander glanced at Willow, then at the tablecloth on the dining room table.

“So, go on, what do those two think…or are they just involved in one long uber-bonk-fest and you haven’t had time to tell them yet?” Xander asked, without looking at Willow

“They know, I told them first thing…Buffy seemed sad at first, and Spike, he was angry, he doesn’t like magic – and they’ve had a subpoena to be at Wolfram and Hart tomorrow too.

“Buffy was sad – I don’t follow?”

“She thought that the whole feelings thing was manufactured at first, and it isn’t, wasn’t that sort of spell, all I did was a sort of enhancing spell…to help you live in peace and harmony, it wasn’t a love spell, the love had to be there already…I-I was scared for you Xander”

“Scared, why?”

“Something Spike said”

“Oh HIM – he’s an idiot, you don’t want to listen to anything Captain peroxide-

“Hear me out, please?” Willow interrupted Xander sighed and nodded, began to trace the pattern on the tablecloth with his finger………

“Go on”

“He just said, that one day, she’d revert to type, and might want to get vengeance on you – that’s why I did a peace and harmony spell…Xander please forgive me, I couldn’t bear it if Anya hurt you and if we fell out, well, I couldn’t bear that either!” Willow crouched by Xander’s knee, looking into his face, she had the ‘deer-caught-in-the-headlights’ look and he knew he couldn’t
be angry with her.

He put his hand on her shoulder and drew her in for a hug.

Willow let the tears fall.

“Shush, don’t cry Will, I can’t bear it when you cry”

“Do you forgive me?” Xander held her out at arms length and smiled, he brushed away a few of her tears and said,

“How can I not forgive my best friend who was only looking after my best interests at heart, hmm? Come on, silly…although you must promise me-“

“I know…(she sniffed loudly) not to do it again!”

“Yeah”

“I promise”

“Good…so what happens now with…oh god, can’t they keep it down up there!”

Xander looked up to the ceiling and frowned as another climactic roar rent the air!
Chapter 6 by Kings of Mercia
Chapter 6



“Can we travel down tonight in your car babe, there’s no way I’m going in the boot of the whelp’s car”

“Course………Spike”

“Hmm?”

“This thing tomorrow…what are we going to say?”

“How do you mean, Kitten?”

“Well…why DID we get married – I mean don’t get me wrong – I like being married to you, it’s just one second we were heading towards the ceremony room for Anya and Xander wedding, next thing I know, we’re standing in front of a guy saying stuff and bang - we’re married!”

“Well, that’s how it happened, that’s how we’ll tell it! I was – how can I describe it…when he asked us our names, and for the rings, I kept expecting to see Anya and the whelp standing there, I thought it was something to do with our best man/bridesmaid duties at first”

“Me too! _ And when it DID kick in that it was us he thought that was getting married – I just thought, oh well, why not!”

“And me! That registrar said, ‘you’ve written your own vows,’ and I said no, but I knew what I wanted to say…” Spike smiled at his wife and noticed the gold ring on her finger.

“Oh, before they ask, lets take these off – cheap things!” Spike took his wedding ring off, and examined his finger.

“What’s up, what are you looking for?” Buffy asked frowning

“Just checking my finger hasn’t gone green – could be just brass for all I know!” Buffy still frowning quickly slipped hers off too and said, (while she too had a quick look at her finger),

“I don’t feel married now! You said you’d got a special – what are you doing?”

Spike had bought in a small book from the glove compartment of his car, and studied the pages along the edge, then parted the book dead centre. Buffy was surprised to see a small square cut deep into the pages. Spike tipped the book and a gold ring fell into his palm.

“Here baby, would you wear this? – It was my mother’s”

Buffy took the ring and looked at it.

“Oh Spike, it’s BEAUTIFUL!”

“Like you then!”

She smiled and looked at him, then at the book where he’d kept it hidden for what must have been well over a century.

“And you’ve kept it all this time – how come you never gave it to- “ Buffy stopped short

“To Dru? I never felt she was…worthy of it. I knew she wouldn’t have looked after it, she never looked after anything given to her – except that wretched doll…anyway, enough about her – would you? – Wear it I mean?”

“Oh yes! Would you put it on for me?” Spike took the slim gold band from her and slipped it onto her third finger, then he kissed her like there was no tomorrow, they were just about to sink to the bed when they were interrupted by a knock on the door. Breaking the kiss and frowning, Spike cussed as he opened the door.

“Bleedin’ ‘ell, WHAT?”

“S-sorry!”

“What is it Red?”

“Um, what are the arrangements for tomorrow?”

“Spike and I are going tonight, okay?”

Willow smiled and said,

“Oh that’s good, coz Xander said – “

“Not interested – oh, if you see him, give him these, will you, pet - thanks?”

“Oh - oh s-sure, um yes” Spike deposited the two wedding rings that they had been wearing into Willow’s hand.

“Spike’s given me a better one, look!” Buffy held out her hand, and Willow went big-eyed

“S-so you’re um, you’re still keeping with the marriage thing then?”

“What do you mean – of course we are! We got married, that’s how it’s going to stay, isn’t it, Spike?”

“Sure is, now if you don’t mind Red, Buffy and I were busy”

“Oh, r-right, um, yeah. Oh, just one more thing”

Spike had a hard time keeping the testiness out of his tone of voice as he gripped the door

“What now?”

“The um, the s-spell I did”

“What about it?”

“It’s…well, it’s permanent – I can’t-“

“That’s fine Red, now anything else, coz-“

“No, um, no – I’ll leave you to it”

“Good, bye” Spike closed the door before Willow had time to answer.

“Spike! That was a little…rude!”

“Well…never mind that, where were we?”

“Oh, um…I think you were just about to ravish me!”

“So I was, c’mere you sex-bomb!”

Buffy giggled and succumbed!



****************


Willow went downstairs, just as Xander came into the house.

“Hi…so have you told them I don’t want them in the car with us tomorrow?”

“Xander!”

“What – it’s true, I don’t”

“Well it doesn’t make any difference, they’re going tonight – oh and here, Spike told me to give you these” She gave him the wedding rings.

“So, they’ve come to their senses and are giving up the charade of-“ Willow shook her head

“Oh no – they’re still very much married – Spike’s given her the most beautiful ring!”

“He has – wow…I wonder where he got it from?”

“Don’t know, it looked antique, it was really beautiful”

From upstairs, erotic groans and gasps could be heard…



Frowning Xander moved out of the hall and into the lounge.

“Do they EVER give it a rest?”

“Xander, they’re newly-weds!”

Xander flung himself onto one of the armchairs moodily.

“Have you heard anything more from Anya?”

“No – it’s over Will. And I’m glad, I’ve decided if she wants us to get back together, well, tough” Willow bit her bottom lip and perched on the arm of the chair.

“Really?”

“Really – you know, when she said what she said, that the wedding was off – I felt relief…it was like a ton weight had been lifted off my shoulders and I was free at last”

Willow reached for Xander’s hand and said,

“So why did you let things go that far then?”

“I was scared I guess”

“Of what she might do?”

“Suppose”

“And what if I’d have told you about the spell?”

“Well, we’ll never know now, will we?”


************



9.30am, Friday morning, Wolfram and Hart, Gunn was on the telephone to the Aphrodite Wedding Chapel…

“I understand, and at no time was the Harris’ wedding ever promised that the honeymoon prize was theirs…………………………I see, yes………………late? – The bride was late for the ceremony……………Hmm, and how long was she absent exactly………well approximately then……………a good fifteen minutes, uh huh, and that would have made them couple number what, as regards the prize if the ceremony had gone off on time?………Yes, I’ll hold while you check…………”

Angel came into the office, and mouthed,

“Everything okay?”

Gunn just nodded, then said into the telephone,

“Hello, yes, I’m here………uh huh, so let me get that straight, for the millionth couple, you were looking for the 28th couple to be married that day, and the Harris’ wedding would have been the 23rd – on time or not, okay, thankyou, I’ve got that, well, thankyou for your help Mr Robinson, goodbye”

Gunn put the phone down and said to Angel

“Well, did you get that? I’ve just spoken to the chief registrar”

“Yeah, I gathered – so there’s absolutely zero chance of her suing for the cost then?”

“Nope…she could probably get the wedding ring back, but that’s about it. What time’s everybody coming?”

“The meeting is set for 11 o’clock. Look, do me a favour, I want to find out why and how Buffy got married before we say anything to this Anya woman, so don’t say anything before I’ve found out, okay?”

“Oh, hey – not me boss, you’re on your own, I’m outta here, me and Wes have a conference to sort”

“What – but I’ll need some back up…oh well, I’ll ask Cordy to-“

“Um, no, not Cordy Angel – that’s asking too much, besides she’s busy too”

*************
Chapter 7 by Kings of Mercia
Chapter 7




“We’re still too early…lets just sit here a while, the last thing I’m in the mood for is Angel and his idiot questions” Buffy said. They were sitting in the car in the underground parking lot of Wolfram and Hart.
Spike had to smile; he was thinking exactly the same.

“What’s the betting he’ll say to me…’Have you taken leave of your senses’? Buffy said with a grin.

Spike smiled and nodded in agreement, adding

“Don’t forget the – ‘Are you totally insane – what were you thinking?’

“Uh huh…then he’ll probably add something like, ‘I don’t know what’s got into you lately Buffy, you’ve changed – you probably think this is one big joke’”

“More than likely! What’s the betting he’ll bring Joyce into it too – ‘If your poor mother could see you now’ – then he’ll probably twist things to make it about him, the ‘you’re only doing this to get back at me!’ – bloody egotistical wanker he is!”

“Don’t let him wind you up baby, the calmer we can be, the more he’ll flip!” Buffy said with a grin


“Well, I’ve decided – it’s none of his goddamn business, and if he asks about the wedding, I’m gonna tell him that!” Spike folded his arms and looked determined. It was Buffy’s turn to smile, and then it faded as to the reason they were there…

“Could she win – I mean, what if she does - where are we going to get how much was it worth again - $10,000 was it?”

Spike let his arms fall loose

“Something like that, but don’t worry pet, she won’t win – she hasn’t got a leg to stand on, anyway, if anyone’s to blame, it was her, going walkabout, talking to Sharkman outside – AND you know when Willow persuaded me to go get her, she sauntered in slowly, asking ME if I thought she was doing the right thing by marrying the boy - I wonder if the whelp knows that?”

“What did you say?”

“I told her it was a matter for her – I wasn’t going to get dragged into any marital strife and having her blame me coz I said something like ‘well it’s too late to back out now’ – besides which, she spied that poster advertising the prize honeymoon, and she suddenly decided she WAS doing the right thing”

“Well, from what Willow tells me, Xander’s happy that it didn’t happen after all”

“Why am I not surprised by that? Speak of the devil”

Xander smoothly pulled up next to Buffy’s car in the carpark.

“Come on then Kitten, let’s get this fiasco over with” and they both opened their doors simultaneously……………


******************

The tranquil ambience that Angel had taken time out to prepare in the office didn’t last long as soon as Anya, and a decidedly ‘fishy’ smell joined the proceedings with the rest of the gang, and suddenly it had been reduced to a free-for-all, shouting and pointing, accusations flying and threats made………

“………And by what the chief registrar said to my colleague on the phone this – hello – excuse me, is anybody listening to me?” Angel looked from an angry shouting Anya to an equally angry Willow

“………Well maybe if you hadn’t been out talking to Sharkman, you would have been on time!” Willow countermanded Anya’s accusation of delays in bringing Xander to the ceremony room.

“Hold on” Xander said, but nobody heard him at first…

“Did you say Sharkman? I said, just- just a min – BE QUIET!” Everybody shut up and looked at Xander, who was frowning at everybody.

“Sharkman – YOU were outside, talking to SHARKMAN?” Xander turned his accusary glare from a rapidly blushing Anya to Willow.

“Why didn’t you tell me this before?”

“I um, well it…erm…” Willow stuttered and bit her bottom lip.

“Yeah, AND when I went to find you, you asked me if I thought you were doin’ the right thing marrying the whelp!” Spike said.

“She WHAT? Oh this just keeps on getting better!” Xander slumped in his chair.

“It was last minute nerves!” Anya said meekly

“Yeah, ‘til you saw the bloody honeymoon poster!” Spike sneered

“YES! A honeymoon that YOU stole from me!” Anya retorted hotly as the argument came full circle

“WE DIDN’T!” Buffy sighed

“ACTUALLY PEOPLE…Angel began, much to my annoyance, and as I WAS trying to tell you Anya, they didn’t steal anything from you, it was never yours to start with, you weren’t promised anything so I’m sorry, but there it is. I had Charles Gunn, my top lawyer here speaking to the chief registrar at the Aphrodite wedding chapel this morning, and late or not, you were down to be the 23rd couple that day to be married”

“AND?” Anya asked glaring

“And, you needed to be couple number 28 – the 28th couple that day made them the millionth couple since Aphrodite opened”

“I see, well there’s nothing more to be said then, is there – and there’s no fee – so we’ll be going, come on Xander” Anya snatched up her purse off the desk.

“Come on where?”

“We need to talk, about if there’s still an us?”

“An US – as in you ’n’ me? – Pfft, f’get it, An – when you said to me in that ceremony room and I quote, ‘ Bollocks, this wedding’s off’ – that’s when I felt relief – like I’d had a ton weight lifted off my – what is it Willow?”

“Let’s just leave it and go” Willow thought it was no good giving Anya any ammunition against her friend..

“You said what- she said what? Angel asked frowning, picking up Anya’s statement

“According to your statement Anya, you said you were and I quote ‘too disappointed, and could you postpone the wedding as you were disgruntled and
frustrated at having the honeymoon stolen!” Angel said, and Anya at least had the decency to look embarrassed

“No, the word ‘Bollocks’ was definitely used, trust me!” Willow said grinning

“Well, I want my wedding ring back!” Anya narrowed her eyes at Buffy

“We’ve already given them back! Could have been a brass curtain-ring for all I knew!” Spike said, and Xander flashed him a ‘oh thanks’ sarcastic look.

“Um, no! – It wasn’t yours – you can have the one you bought for me” Xander fished about in his pocket and held it out to her.

“But Pookie…” Anya wheedled

“No, Anya, you’re not getting around me – and what is that awful goddamn smell – I thought you’d been cruising – what on a whaler? You stink of fish!”

“That would be Sharkie” Anya could have bitten her own tongue…

“Oh well, that’s just great isn’t it…well there, hope you two will be very happy, coz I know I am – ready Will – I think we can go now!”

Willow quickly followed Xander out of the door.

“Us too I think babe, come on, let’s go so I can go get my car back”

“Just a minute, I haven’t finished with you two yet!” Angel said, blocking Spike and Buffy’s exit from the office.

The couple looked at one another then at Angel’s arm, then at his face.

“Tell me, why and how did you two get married?”

Both Buffy and Spike grinned and folded their arms, Buffy said,

“Listen Angel, it’s none of your business, we just did alright – we’re married now, and-“

“You could get an annulment easy!”

“But I don’t WANT to get an annulment!! Spike and I are married, AND WE ARE STAYING MARRIED, GET USED TO IT!”

“What’s happened to you Buffy – you’re not the girl I used to know – I don’t know this Buffy you’ve become!” Angel said trying to look earnest and hitting ‘constipated’ at best………

“One” Spike mouthed, and Buffy giggled

Ignoring Spike, Angel continued,

“You know what I think? – I think you’re treating this as a big joke – in one moment of madness, you totally took leave of your senses and flipped – I mean, come ON! Buffy, you’re married – MARRIED! Wed to a, to a – “

Buffy narrowed her eyes at Angel, and warned him,

“Be very careful what you say, Angel!”

“Two, three, four!” Spike gleefully counted off all the things they said Angel would say…

“Buffy – this is SPIKE we’re talking about here! What would your dear mother think, hmm?”

“That’s four, and DO put a sock in it Peaches, Joyce couldn’t stand you – in anyway shape or form, so don’t talk about her like you cared what she thought!” Spike then giggled at his wife, and Buffy couldn’t keep the smile off her face

Angel turned angrily to Spike

“Oh shut up – I don’t expect anything better from YOU, but Buffy It’s serious…tell me love, why did you do it…was it to get back at me for some reason, hmm?”

Spike flung his arms wide and shouted,

“Ta-da! And there we have it, ladies and gentlemen, BINGO! Reckon he got the full house there, pet!” Buffy clapped her hand over her mouth and started giggling.

The smile left Spike’s face and he said,

“You’re just so fucking predictable mate…we said you’d say all that, about Buffy taking leave of her senses, bringing her mother into it and finally, your piece-de-la-resistance, trying to make it all about YOU! Well just for the record Peaches, YOU didn’t come into the equation AT ALL – NOT ONCE, OKAY – now if you don’t mind, my WIFE and I have some things to which we wish to see to, come on babe, lets get out of here!!!”



*************

The elevator door opened and Willow and Xander came out into the underground parking lot.

“You never mentioned the spell” Willow said

“What?”

“The spell I did, the peace and harmony thing, you didn’t mention it” Xander held his arm out to the car, and pressed his keyring, and there was a loud ‘beep-beep’ sound, and then the quiet whirring and a clunk as the central locking system disengaged

“No, well…I didn’t see the point. Besides which, it would have only complicated matters, and god alone knows what Anya would have made of it”

They both got in the car.

“Do you reckon Angel’s giving them the third degree now about their wedding?”

“Nope, I don’t, look!” Willow looked up from clipping in her seatbelt. She looked at Xander first, then to where he was looking, and saw a blissfully happy Buffy and Spike strolling along to their car, hand in hand.

“Well, they look like they don’t have a care in the world…come on, lets go home” Xander pulled out, giving the couple a bib and a wave as he drove off.

“Come on then Mrs (Spike leaned in and whispered his surname into Buffy’s ear) – lets go back to Vegas to pick up my car”

“Hmm…Buffy *&%$+£”!+*~#, huh – sounds classy!” Her saying the name was drowned out by the lock opening…

The End
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=11806