Different Turn of Events by Aisling
Summary: When the Anointed One tries to bleed Willow, Jenny, Giles and Cordelia and when Buffy, Angel and Xander don’t make it in time, and the vampires have already started the bleeding. The Master is brought back; but without the ritual completed he is weak. This is an AU of Season 2. Set after ‘When She Was Bad’ most of the season has changed. Only writing the Spike/Buffy centric episodes or just fun ones {so there can be S/B and Angel bashing}.
Categories: General NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 11788 Read: 6176 Published: 06/09/2005 Updated: 06/15/2005

1. When She Was Bad by Aisling

2. School Hard by Aisling

3. Halloween by Aisling

4. Lie To Me by Aisling

When She Was Bad by Aisling
Author's Notes:
Because this is so short, I'll add the second chapter - SPUFFY - at around 11am when i come home from my French exam... Bout 3 hours from now... Promise you'll review.
Thanks to Bree, Jessica, Lindsay and ~*~Tasha~*~ for their interest in seeing this fic posted here... I promise the chapters get much longer LOL

-------

“Different turn of events”

Disclaimer: Dear Joss, I understand that all things Buffy and Angel belong to you, but hopefully you will be willing to GIVE them to me. Until then, no… I don’t own them, or rights to them. Sniff. :’( But considering how nice you are, I was wondering if, you felt like it, I will find spike in my stocking, or under my tree, come Christmas morning, or any random holiday. Thanks ever so. xxx *most is from script. Or what ever originally happened.*
Summery: when the Anointed One tries to bleed Willow, Jenny, Giles and Cordelia and when Buffy, Angel and Xander don’t make it in time, and the vampires have already started the bleeding. The Master is brought back; but without the ritual completed he is weak. This is an AU of Season 2.
Spoilers/Timeframe: set in Season 2. After ‘When she was bad’ most of the season has changed. Only writing the Spike/Buffy centric episodes or just fun ones {so there can be S/B and Angel bashing}.
A/N: It starts off B/A. Spike does show up… eventually. S/B.

XXX

Words: 277
*When She Was Bad*
“Angel, do something.” Buffy whispered distressed.

“Distract them, we’ll get them down.” Angel tried to reassure his girlfriend. This was hard considering her Watcher, his girlfriend, her best friend and Cordelia were hanging upside down with their throats slit.

“I swear if they died I’ll…” Xander threatened before Buffy cut him off.

“Shut up Xander and just get them down. Go with Angel, please?” Both guys climbed up the side ladder to reach their friends. While the slayer did what she does best. She slayed.

XXX

After a long fight, they managed to get everyone down and to the hospital. All of them were going to be fine. They hadn’t lost a lot of blood, just enough to bring the Master back. He wasn’t well but he was still there. The vampires were crowded around him and the anointed one, waiting.

“Teresa, bring me something to eat. I am feeling weak.” The Master snapped his voice shaky from disuse.

“Yes Master.” Once she was gone, the anointed began to fill in everything that had happen while he was gone and by the time Teresa got back with his food, he was too depressed to eat.

“I want her dead, and I want her dead soon. If not now.” He ordered before deciding he was hungry after all.

XXX

“Giles? What are we going to do? I didn’t get there in time. The Master, he’s… he’s back. I don’t want to die. Again. Please?” Her voice trembled in fear.

“Buffy. Please calm down. It will all be alright, everything will be fine.”

“Promise?” She asked meekly.

“I promise.” Giles answered reaching out to draw her into a hug.

*1 END*

----

See Author's Note about elnght details...
School Hard by Aisling
Author's Notes:
Drusilla died in Prauge! This chapter is WAYYYYYY longer!
Please review...

------

Words: 2,959
*School Hard*
“Miss Summers. I expect you and… and… miss… Sheila, to be present at parent teacher night Thursday. You will make the school a welcoming place for parents that feel the need to know the educational progress of their monsters- I mean children. And I mean decorations, refreshments, and as much pleasantries as need be. Do you understand me?” Snyder ranted at the girl, neither of who were particularly interested.

“Yes.” Buffy said trying to act sincere.

“And you?”

“Hmm. Sure.” Sheila muttered sneering at the man before her.

“Leave now.” He ordered, so they gladly did.

XXX

Xander and Willow meet up with Buffy.

“Snyder's got you guys making party favours, huh?”

“His two worst students. That's what mom sees when she looks at me. A Sheila.” She sighed and was quiet for a moment before asking, “Do you think any other Slayers ever had to go to high school?” Xander laughed quietly then tried to reassure her- badly.

“It's no biggie. You'll have a nice soiree. The parents will love it. As long as nothing really bad happens between now and then, you'll be fine.” Both Willow and Buffy looked stricken.

“Are you crazy? What did you say that for? Now something bad is gonna happen!”

Xander looked confused “Whadaya mean? Nothing's gonna happen.”

Willow, disagreeing with him added “Not until some dummy says, 'as long as nothing bad happens.'”

“It's the ultimate jinx!” Buffy cried.

“What were you thinking? Or were you even thinking at all?” Willow accused.

The girls give Xander looks of exasperation and walk off. Leaving Xander slightly hurt.

“Well, you guys don't know. Maybe this time it'll be different.”

XXX

In a park that night. A classic 1958 Dodge Desoto FireFlite crashes through the 'Welcome to Sunnydale' sign and screeches to a halt. Spike got out and strolled over to the curb. He took a deep breath and lights a cigarette.

“Home, sweet home.” He muttered.
XXX

Inside the Master’s warehouse, vampire #1 is talking.

“The Master is weak. Someone has to help him rule.” Vampire #2 answers

“As long as the Slayer's alive, whoever shares his place will be sharing his grave.”

“Then let the soul who kills her wear his mantle.”

Collin or the anointed one asks, “Can you do it?”

“Yes. This weekend, the night of St. Vigeous, our power shall be at its peak. When I kill her, it'll be the greatest event since the crucifixion. And I should know. I was there.”

The vampire from the park strolls in, cutting vampire #1 off.

“You were there?” he chuckled “Oh, please! If every vampire who said he was at the crucifixion was actually there, would have been like Woodstock.”

“I oughta rip your throat out.” Vampire #1 threatened.

Spike turns his back to him and strolls away. “I was actually at Woodstock. That was a weird gig. I fed off a flowerperson, and I spent the next six hours watchin' my hand move.” Vampire #1 rushes him from behind, and Spike swings his fist up without even looking, hitting him in the face and knocking him down and out.

“So. Who do you kill for fun around here?” Collin looks at Spike.

“Who are you?” Colin asked with barely restrained curiosity.

“Spike.” He said simply, as if there was no need for further introductions. “You're that Anointed guy. I read about you.” He growled at vampire #2 “You've got Slayer problems. That's a bad piece of luck. Do you know what I find works real good with Slayers? Killing them.” Collin looks astounded.

“Can you?”

Spike smirks “A lot faster than Nancy-boy there. Yeah, I did a couple Slayers in my time. I don't like to brag.” He can't keep a straight face while talking “Who am I kidding? I love to brag! There was this one Slayer during the Boxer Rebellion, and...”

He senses someone behind him and turns. The Master is behind him, glaring.

“William.” He sneered. “What brings you here? And when will you be leaving?”

Spike smirk widens. “Hush up. Didn’t your mother ever teach you manners? Oh wait, you ate your mother. Oh well, principle applies, especially if this person is willing to risk life and limb- well limb actually- to kill the slayer and save your pathetic excuse for an existence.” Spike let out a snort at the expression on the Masters face.

“You’re what?” The Master asked him, suspicious.

“That’s right, killing the slayer. Don’t look so surprised.” Spike feigns hurt after saying the last comment. Turning to Collin he asks, “So. How 'bout this Slayer? Is she tough?”

XXX

Nickel were in the middle of playing "1000 Nights" as Xander danced lamely by himself while Willow helped Buffy with her French at a table.

A drink you can't resist
And in your head a voice you'll always miss


“La vache... doit me... touche... de la... jeudi.” She looks at Willow “Was it wrong? Should I use the plural?”

“No. But you said, 'The cow should touch me from Thursday.'”

“Maybe that's what I was feeling.”

“And you said it wrong.” Willow replied.

“Oh, je stink.” Pouting Buffy dropped her pen onto the table.

“You're just not focused. It's Angel missage.” Willow said trying to make her friend feel better.

“Well, he didn't say for sure. It was a 'maybe see ya there' kinda deal.” She replied as Xander came back over.

“Guys, I'm all alone out there. Somebody has to dance with me.” Willow looks unsure and answered,

“Well, we are studying.”

“C'mon, one dance. You've been studying nearly twelve minutes.” He nagged. Buffy grinned.

“No wonder my brain's fried.” She got up. Willow protested, but Buffy and Xander grabbed her by the arms and pulled her along with them “Come on.”
XXX

Spike walked up to their table and watched them dance as the band start a new song, "Stupid Thing".

I did a stupid thing last night
I called you
A moment of weakness
No, not a moment
More like three months of weakness


Spike followed the along the edge of the dance floor while studying Buffy intently. Xander and Buffy dance lively. Although Willow doesn't move much, she was smiling widely, clearly enjoying herself.

I'm one step away from crashing to my knees
One step away from spilling my guts to you


Walking towards a vampire at the bar he tells him, “Go get something to eat.”

I'm doing all right
No, don't feel sorry for me
Really I'm all right
I'm one step away from crashing to my knees


He came back to some people near where Buffy, Willow and Xander are still dancing and spoke loudly so that Buffy overhears him.

“Where's the phone? I need to call the police. There's some big guy out there trying to bite somebody.”

As predicted, Buffy ran from the dance floor. Spike watched her go.

XXX

Outside in the alley, once Buffy had staked the vampire who was unfortunate enough to be chomping down at the Bronze on Buffy’s night off, Spike came out of the shadows slowly clapping his hands. Hearing him, Buffy looked at him confused. By now Willow and Xander have seen him too; Spike ignores them though, focusing entirely on Buffy.

“Nice work, love.” He praised, meaning every word.

“Who are you?” Her head titled slightly to one side, her brows creased in confusion.

“You'll find out on Saturday.”

“What happens on Saturday?” She asked, frowning at him.

Stepping towards her, he leaned down until their lips were inches apart. Unconsciously she closed her eyes and puckered her lips, waiting for him to kiss her. When he didn’t she slowly opened her eyes again. Spike didn’t seem to notice though as he continued to watch her intently. With a smirk he backed up one step.

“Now… that would be telling.” He smirked at her and she felt her insides melt.

Surging forward once more he did kiss her, softly, just a slight touch of his lips to hers, before pulling back sharply and taking off, leaving Buffy standing there completely shocked and confused.

‘Wow…’

XXX

Later at the Parent Teacher night, inside the library, Giles and Jenny continued their research while Xander kept whittling. “Oh, there you are.” Giles muttered face in a book as usual.

“There who is?” Jenny asked, although she had a vague idea who, she listened anyway.

“Our new friend Spike. He's known as 'William the Bloody'. Earned his nickname by torturing his victims with railroad spikes. Very pleasant.” He added deadpan. “Well, here's some good news: he's barely two hundred. He's not even as old as Angel is.” He frowned. “Oh.”

“That's a bad look, right?” Xander asked, placing the half whittled stake on the table, flexing his hands slowly.

“I think your suggestion of running away this Saturday might've been a good one. Spike has fought two Slayers in the last century, and... He’s killed them both.”

XXX

Out in the main corridor two vampires suddenly come crashing through the window, Buffy looks back into the room. Several more vampires follow, and storm inside to take their place with the others. The people present begin to panic and run around. By the time Buffy had come back into the room, the vampires have lined themselves up. Spike at the forefront.

“What can I say? I couldn't wait.” Arrogant smirk fixed firmly on his face Spike attacks.

Buffy grabbed a chair nearest her and threw it at him, tripping him up. She runs back out of the room and grabs her mother's hand. She turns down the hall to the right, but more vampires come in that way, doubling back on herself she drags her mother in the opposite way. In the lounge Spike grabs hold of a man.

“Nobody gets out! Especially the girl!”

Out in the hall, another vampire is guarding an exit. Buffy heads in the opposite direction.

“Everybody, this way! C'mon! C'mon!” She cried, frantically waving her arms in the direction they were heading.

Principal Snyder and several others run past her as she shoves a cleaning cart into the two vampires chasing them.

XXX

In the hall outside the library, Giles, Jenny and Xander come running out.

“What the hell...?!” Giles began. They see Buffy's group running toward them.

“Spike and an army! Look out!” She warns them. They look behind them and see a vampire.

Jenny screams, “Back!” Pushing the men back into the library.

Holding the door shut as the vampire slams into it over and over.

Buffy opens the door to the science classroom. “In here! Now!”

The people all run into the room. Buffy follows them in last and closes the door as the two vampires come running into the hall and begin banging on the door. Inside the classroom, Snyder and another man manoeuvre a storage cabinet in front of the door. Buffy runs over to the other door, closes and locks it just as the power goes out.

Inside the library Giles, Jenny and Xander look up from barricading the doors as the lights go off and the emergency lights come on.

‘Can’t be good.’ Giles thought.

XXX

Minutes later, in another hallway Spike is still looking for Buffy. Pacing the length of the corridor he taunts her.

“Slaaayer! Here, kitty, kittyyy. I find one of your friends first, I'm gonna suck 'em dry. And use their bones to bash your head in.” He kicks a door open, still no sign of her. “Are you getting a word picture here?”

Spike was about to kick the closet door open, the very same one hiding Willow and Cordelia, when he's distracted. Minion #2 looks up at the ceiling, “Spike! Listen...” They listen carefully and hear activity in the ceiling.

“Someone's in the ceeeeeiling!” Spike says sing-songing!

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Spike is staring at the ceiling, still listening for any movement. Once he’s figured exactly where the slayer is in the ceiling space, as Buffy is making her way through it, he turns and walks into the lounge grinning, unknown to her as she keeps crawling.

Down in the lounge, Spike finds two metal poles and throws one to the other vampire as he goes back into the hall. He listens for a moment and then shoves the pole up into the ceiling. The other vampire follows suit.

Without warning a pole flies through the floor of the tunnel Buffy was crawling though. Another coming up right in front of her, fearing for her safety she began to back up.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

A while later in the hallway, after the giving up on the ceiling tactic, Spike senses someone behind him and looks up.

“Fe, fi, fo fum. I smell the blood of a nice ripe” he turns to face Buffy, “girl.” He added. Buffy, holding on to the axe smiled at him and asked.

“Do we really need weapons for this?” Her tone bland as she fought not to melt again.

“I just like them. They make me feel all manly.” His hand trailed down his chest and stomach stopping on the waistband of his jeans, finger hooking into a belt loop. He dropped the pole and slowly stepped toward the slayer. She also dropped the axe.

“The last Slayer I killed... she begged for her life.”

Buffy slowly walks to the middle of the hall, watching him intently.

“You don't strike me as the begging kind.”

“You shouldn'ta come here.” She breathed, her voice sounding a lot more flustered than she would have liked.

“No. I've messed up your doilies and stuff. But I just got so bored.” He smirks and Buffy wanted so bad to slap it right off his face. “I'll tell you what. As a personal favour from me to you I'll make it quick. It won't hurt a bit.”

“No, Spike. It's gonna hurt a lot.” She promised him.

They start to fight. Buffy ducks a punch and lands four of her own in a row. Spike grabs her arm and shoves her into the wall. She slides down it quickly, and Spike's next punch goes through the wall. She gets behind him and kicks him high and hard in the neck.

“Now, that hurt!” He growls in outrage, still smirking though.

He pulls his arm out of the wall, ripping a stud out with it, and swings it into Buffy's face. She flies back and lands on the floor, stunned.

“But not as much as this will.”

He stood over her and wielded back the stud to slam it into her. She swung her leg back and kicked his knee. Spike falls, and caught her as he did. Effectively trapping her. She pushed at him trying to get up. Spike looked down at her and smirked; he changed bearing his fangs. Buffy flinched back. Spike leaned closer, aiming for her neck, but Buffy shook her head from side to side trying to get away. He ended up not biting her throat but kissing her on the lips. Buffy gasped and pulled away, knowing it was wrong even if it did feel good.

“Get off me. Get off me now.”

Spike pulled back shocked. Just as he was about to lean in and kiss her again he was hit over the back off the head with Buffy’s axe. Joyce Summers wielding it.

“You get the hell away from my daughter!” She wailed her anger at Buffy’s school failings completely gone now. Spike pulled back and Buffy got to her feet.

“Women!” He muttered getting up and running through the lounge and out the broken window.

XXX

Back inside the factory, Spike stood by a cage. A female vampire walked around the cage to him.

“Spike, did she hurt you?”

“It was close, baby, but...

“Oh,” She stroked his cheek and neck.

“A Slayer with family and friends. That sure as hell wasn't in the brochure.” He whined more to himself than his companion.

“You'll kill her, and then everyone will have a nice celebration.”

“Yeah, a party.” He agreed.

“Yeah. With streamers... and songs.”

Spike lifted his head from her shoulder. “How's the annoying one?”

“He isn’t happy.” Fear shinning in her eyes as they spoke of them. “Nor the Master.”

“Figures. Well, suppose I better go make nice.” Spike walked over to Colin and kneeled before him.

“You failed.” Colin muttered, glaring holes through Spike.

“I, uh... I offer penance.” Spike raised an eyebrow, what more did they want from him?

Penance?!” Vampire#2 shouted. “You should lay down your life! Our numbers are depleted, the feast of St. Vigeous has been ruined by your impatience!”

“I was rash, and if I had to do it all over again...” A sudden burst of laughter sprang forth from Spikes throat “Who am I kidding?” He got off his knees. “I would do it exactly the same, only I'd do this...” Grabbing Colin around the waist he carried him over to a metal cage suspended from the factory ceiling.

“No!” Colin trashed in Spikes arms.

“...First!”

Vampire #2 tried to stop him, but Spike kicked back and knocked him out. Shoving Collin in the cage he closed and locked the door. The Female Vampire watched in awe as Spike started pulling a chain, lifting the cage up from the floor.

“From now on, we're gonna have a little less ritual...” he stopped pulling the chain for a moment “...and a little more fun around here.”

He gave the chain a final strong pull, and the cage is lifted into the sunlight. Collin screamed as he turned to ashes. The Female Vampire frowned. He smiled. He steps away from the cage and out of the room.

“Let's see what's on TV.”

*The End*

------

REVIEW ME!
Halloween by Aisling
Author's Notes:
Minor Bangel fluff... *disgusted face*
Thanks to Jessica & UncagedMuse for the reviews... :D

Words: 3,248
*Halloween*
“I thought we had...” Angel trailed off lamely.

“A date. So did I. But who am I kidding?” Her voice was sad, but not completely surprised. She looked over towards the stage as the band played before focusing on her boyfriend again.

I'm an angel burning out
Oh now


“Dates are things normal girls have. Girls who have time to think about nail polish and facials. You know what I think about? Ambush tactics. Beheading. Not exactly the stuff dreams are made of.” Turning from Angel, Buffy walked out the door, leaving Angel standing there trying to ignore the barbs Cordelia threw at him.

XXX

The three friends walked down the corridor away from principal Snyder, who was still hauling kids over and forcing them to sign forms.

“I can't believe this. We have to get dressed up and the whole deal?” Xander couldn’t believe it.

“Snyder said costumes were mandatory.” Willow sighed.

“Great. I was gonna stay in and veg. The one night a year things are supposed to be quiet for me.” With a long sigh Buffy faced her friends, praying she’d wake up soon and the whole week would be a dream.

“Halloween quiet? Oh, I figured it'd be a big old vamp scare- apalooza.” Xander asked shocked as they walk into the lounge.

“Not according to Giles. He swears that tomorrow night is, like, dead for the undead.” The two girls sat down on the couch. “They stay in.”

Xander says smiling “Those wacky vampires! That's why I love 'em! They just keep you guessing!” And walked over to the vending machine.

XXX

Later that night at Ethane’s Costume Shop. The store is full of mothers with their kids looking for Halloween costumes. Buffy is handling a plastic pumpkin when it suddenly lights up and screams. She quickly puts it back on the counter. Willow comes over to her.

“What'd you get?” Buffy asked, she couldn’t wait to see what her friend got, knowing she’d need all the ideas she could get cause she had no idea.

“A time-honoured classic!” Willow smiled as she held up a ghost costume with ‘boo’ written across it. Nothing more than a white sheet and some words, Buffy couldn’t help but roll her eyes.

“Okay, Will, can I give you a little friendly advice?”

“It's not spooky enough?”

“It's just... you're never gonna get noticed if you keep hiding. You're missing the whole point of Halloween.”

Willow smiles “Free candy?” Light, joking, trying to steer away from Buffy’s point.

“It's come as you aren't night. The perfect chance for a girl to get sexy and wild with no repercussions.” The sentence was accompanied with a little wiggle of Buffy’s hips, as Willow’s eyes widened.

“Oh, I don't get wild. Wild on me equals spaz.” Her voice shook with nerves, no way did she want to get ‘sexy’.

“Don't underestimate yourself. You've got it in you.” Eyes wide still, Willow surveyed the rest of the shop, seeing Xander she called him over. Walking up to them she asked him what he’d purchased. He pulls a toy military rifle out of his bag and holds it up for Willow to see.

“That's not a costume.” Buffy pointed out, her voice trying to be friendly. Still upset with her for saving him earlier Xander gives Buffy a look, then turns to Willow

“I got fatigues from an Army surplus at home. Call me the Two-Dollar Costume King, baby!” He smiled at Willow who smiled back.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Buffy walked over to a frilly, red, billowy 18th-century gown, forgetting about her and Xander touching reunion for a moment.

“It's amazing.”

“Too bulky. I prefer my women in spandex.”

Ethan, the owner of the costume shop, notices her looking at the dress and comes over to them.

“Please, let me.” He carefully takes the dress off of its dressmaker's mannequin.

“Oh, I-it's...”

“Magnificent. Yes, I know. There.” He holds it up to her in a mirror “My. Meet the hidden princess. I think we found a match. Don't you?”

Buffy looks at Ethan embarrassed. “Oh, uh, I-I'm sorry. There's no way I could ever afford this.”

“Oh, nonsense. I feel quite moved to make you a deal you can't refuse.” Smiling at her slyly as she looks back into the mirror, takes the dress from Ethan and smiles dreamily as she holds it up to her chin.

XXX

Later that night in the back room at ‘Ethane’s’. Ethane himself comes through the curtain and kneels before his statue of Janus. He presses his hands together and winces in pain. When he pulls them apart there are wounds in his palms, and blood flows freely from them.

“The world that denies thee, thou inhabit.”

He dabs the blood from his left hand with his right middle finger and smears it over his right eyelid.

“The peace that ignores thee...”

He dabs the blood from his right hand with his left middle finger and smears it over his left eyelid.

“...Thou corrupt.”

He dabs the blood from his left hand with his right middle finger again and smears a cross onto his forehead.

“Chaos. I remain, as ever, thy faithful, degenerate son.”

The statue has a woman's face on one side a man's face on the other.

XXX

Children are arriving at the school in costume to be taken trick-or-treating. Inside the hall by the stairs Buffy is standing there holding a clipboard, waiting for her charges. Snyder brings them to her.

“This is your group, Summers. No need to speak to them. The last thing they need is your influence. Just bring them back in one piece and I won't expel you.” He starts to leave as Buffy bends down to the kids

“Hi.”

“Ah, ah!” Buffy straightens back up and rolls her eyes.

XXX

In the back room at ‘Ethane’s’. He weaves a spell in Latin, while standing over the same statue as before.

“Janus, evoco vestram animam. Exaudi meam causam. Carpe noctem pro consilio vestro. Veni, appare et nobis monstra quod est infinita potestas.”
{Translation: Janus, I invoke your spirit. Hear my plea. Seize the night for your own reason. Come, appear and show to us that which is infinite power.}

He raises his head.

“Showtime!”

XXX

Willow is lying on the porch of the old ladys house, the same old lady the child monsters attacked. She gets up out of her body and looks down at it. She's only wearing her sexy outfit now without the sheet, the sheet is still on the other Willow.

“Ohmigod! I'm a real ghost!” Willow was frantic; she couldn’t understand how this had happened. Hearing automatic rifle fire and turns to look. “Xander?”

She runs out into the street and comes up behind him. “Xander!”

He spins around and points his M-16 at her.

“It's me, Willow!”

“I don't know any Willow.” He tells her suspiciously.

“Xander, quite messing around. This is no time for jokes.”

“What the hell's going on here?”

“You don't know me?” She sounds hurt.

Xander lifts the rifle away from her. “Lady, I suggest you find cover.” He starts walking past her

Willow gets in front of him. “No, wait!”

Xander walks right through her. They're both surprised by the experience.

“Oh!” Willow supplies meekly.

Xander turns around and points his weapon at her again. She turns to face him.

“What are you?” He raises the rifle again, frowning.

“Xander, listen to me. I'm on your side, I swear! Something crazy is happening. I was dressed as a ghost for Halloween, a-and now I am a ghost. And you were supposed to be a soldier, and now I, I-I guess you're a real soldier.”

“You expect me to believe that?”

A monster appears across the street, growling. Xander points his rifle at it an fires, proud when it runs away. Willow jumps in front of him.

“No! No guns! That's still a little kid in there!” She tells him sternly.

Paying her no heed he tells her, “Step out of the way!”

“No guns! That's an order!”

He lowers the rifle.

“We just need to find...” she sees her. “Buffy!”

She runs across the street over to Buffy. Xander follows.

“Buffy! Are you okay?”

The monster is back with a friend and they both roar as they approach. Xander shoulders his M-16 again and takes aim.

“This could be a situation.”

“Buffy, what do we do?” Willow asks as Buffy faints and falls to the ground. Xander fires off a couple dozen rounds at the approaching monsters. Who turn and run, so Xander lowers his rifle. Willow is kneeling beside Buffy, who's lying against a tree.

“Buffy, are you alright?” She asks hesitantly.

“What?” The blonds eyes are wide and dazed.

“Are you hurt?” Xander asks coolly.

“Buffy, are you hurt?” Willow tried again.

Buffy sits up “Buffy?”

Willow turns to Xander as if he should know. “She’s not Buffy.”

“Who's Buffy?”

“Oh, this is fun.” Turning to Buffy. “What year is this?”

Xander takes Buffy's hand and helps her up.

“1775, I believe.” She’s confused and hyperventilating. “I-I don't understand. Who are you?”

“We're friends.”

“F-friends of whom? Y-your dress... Everything is strange! How did I come to be here?”

“Breathe, okay, breathe. You're gonna faint again.” Turning to Xander. “How are we supposed to get through this without the Slayer?”

“What's a Slayer?” He asks just as confused as Buffy.

A monster comes around the tree behind Buffy and roars, saving Willow from having to answer; fangs bared and claws raised to attack. Buffy screams and backs off. Xander jumps in and whacks the monster across the face with the butt of his rifle, knocking it down and out.

“I suggest we get inside before we come across anything...”

Before he could finish, Buffy starts screaming. “A DEMON! A DEMON!” She gets behind Xander. “A DEMON!”
A sport utility vehicle comes driving down the street with its headlights on.

“That's not a demon. It's a car.” He tells her calmly.

“What does it want?”

“Is this woman insane?” He asks the redhead ghost.

“She's never seen a car.”

“She's never seen a car?” He repeated the sentence incredulously.

“She's from the past.”

“And you're a ghost.” He had to fight the urge to laugh, it was so lame.

“Yes! Now let's get inside.”

“I just want you to know that I'm taking a lot on faith here. Where do we go?”

Willow thinks. “Where's the closest... We can go to a friend's.”

In the kitchen of the Summers house, Xander opens the door and scans the room.

“All clear!”

Willow walks in after him. “Hello? Mrs. Summers?” There’s no response. “Good, she's gone.” Xander closes the door.

“Where are we?” Buffy wonders aloud, perplexed.

“Your place. Now we just need to...”

They hear a woman screaming outside. Xander looks out again. “Damn it!” He opens the door and goes out to rescue whomever it is, pulling the door closed behind him. Buffy runs up to Willow.

“Surely he'll not desert us!”

Willow shakes her head. “Whatever.” She rolls her eyes and heads into the living room. Buffy is wide-eyed with fear.

A while later Willow is watching through the window as Xander and Cordelia quickly come in through the door.

“Cordelia!” She exclaims.

“Wait a... What's going on?”

“Okay, your name is Cordelia, you're not a cat, you're in high school, and we're your friends. Well, sort of.” She rambles through the list of important to-knows finding it strange she wasn’t actually a cat.

“That's nice, Willow. And you went mental when?” Snaky as usual, no thanks whatsoever.

“You know us?” Smiling against her better judgement Willow asked to be sure.

“Yeah. Lucky me. What's with the name game?”

“A lot's going on.”

“No kidding.” Xander has taken his shirt off and puts it around her shoulders.

“Here.”

“Thanks.”

“Okay. You guys stay here while I get some help. If something tries to get in, just fight it off.”

“Well, I-it's not our place to fight. Uh, surely some men will protect us.” 18th Century!Buffy stutters.

“What's that riff?” Cordy asks irritated with the slayers irregular whimpyness.

“I-it's like amnesia, okay? They don't know who they are. Just sit tight.” She starts to go as Cordy asks:

“Who died and made her the boss?”

Willow walks through the wall behind Cordelia. Buffy stares in wide-eyed amazement.

’If she only knew.’ Willow thinks to herself as she leaves them inside the house. Feeling safe now as she travelled through Sunnydale alone, nothing could hurt her today.

XXX

Several monsters are chasing people down the street past Spike as he walks alone not far from Buffy’s house.

“Well! This is just... neat!”

XXX

Angel comes in takes Buffy while Xander and Cordy go upstairs. They go into the kitchen. Angel sees that the door is open.

“I didn't leave that open.” He states. Letting go of 18th Century!Buffys arm he quietly moves toward the door as he looks around for an intruder. He closes the door. The basement door behind Buffy opens, and a vampire attacks her. She tries to push the door closed on him. Angel grabs the vampire and wrestles him to the floor. It's the student escort in a vampire costume.

“A stake!” He shouts at her.

“A what?”

“Get me a stake!”

Buffy looks around and grabs a knife she sees on the counter.

“Hurry up!” He growls. Turning to look and see what's keeping her and has his game face on. Buffy screams at the top of her lungs and runs for the door.

“Buffy, no!” He bellows too late. She’s already opened the door and ran out.

XXX

Buffy runs down an alley, between all the trash that's piled up there. As Cordelia, Angel and Xander are looking for her. Xander has his rifle raised and ready as they are walking.

“Are you sure she came this way?” He asks.

“No.” Angel informs him sharply.

“She'll be okay.”

Buffy would be okay. Whoever she is now, she's helpless. C'mon!”

Behind a tree, where Spike is hiding, he overhears their conversation. He turns to the child monsters Willow was chaperoning.

“Do you hear that, my friends?” The monsters nod and growl. “Somewhere out here is the,” flash of Buffy running down the alley, “tenderest meat you've ever tasted, and all we have to do is find her first!”

Buffy has stopped running and leans against a crate. She sniffs and looks around, frightened.

XXX

Giles looks around as he and Willow enter ‘Ethane’s’.

“Hello! Anyone home?” Willow sees the curtain to the back room partially open.

“Giles...” They slowly go in and see the statue of Janus there. Its eyes glow green.

“Janus. Roman mythical god.”

“What does this mean?”

“Primarily the division of self. Male and female, light and dark.”

Ethan appears. “Chunky and creamy. Oh, no, sorry, that's peanut butter.”

Giles stares at Ethan as though he's seen a ghost. “Willow, get out of here, now.”

“But...” She begins to protest.

“Now!” She obeys him and goes, leaving the two men alone.

“Hello, Ethan.”

“Hello, Ripper.”

XXX

Willow comes running down the alley from the other end. “Guys!”

“Willow!”

“Guys, you gotta get inside.” She looks back and they see Spike and his monster gang coming.

“We need a triage!”

Angel points the other way “This way! Find an open warehouse.”

Xander turns and picks up his rifle. “Ladies, we're on the move!”

He quickly heads down the alley. Cordelia and Willow follow him. Angel lifts Buffy and carries her away. Spike and the monsters walk after them at a quick, deliberate pace.

XXX

They all start running again, and Xander follows when he can no longer hold the grating against the monsters. The grates fall to the floor as two monsters come in and push the barrels aside. Spike follows them in and looks around. He leads the monsters off after them.

XXX

Ethan is on the floor, severely beaten up. “And you said the Ripper was long gone.” He laughs, the laugh soon turning into a mild cough of pain as his broken ribs rub together.

“Tell me how to stop the spell.”

“Say 'pretty please'.” He mocks.

Giles kicks him hard in the kidney, and he yells out in pain.

XXX

Spike has caught up with them, and the monsters hold Xander and Angel. He slowly closes in on Buffy as she backs away, trembling.

“Look at you. Shaking. Terrified. Alone. Lost little lamb.”

Buffy has backed up against a crate and can't go any further. Spike slaps her across the face with the back of his hand.
“I love it.”

Angel struggles with the two monsters holding him. “Buffy!”

Spike puts his left hand around her throat and bends her backward onto the crate. He strokes her forehead with his right hand. Xander struggles with his two captors. Spike grabs Buffy's hair and closes in for the bite.

XXX

Giles kicks Ethane again. “Now, tell me how to stop the spell.”

Finally admitting defeat, he sighs heavily. “Janus. Break its statue.”

Giles grabs the statue and lifts it over his head to smash it.

XXX

Xander gets free of the monsters and punches one in the face, the other in the gut, and then shoves the second monster into the first. Spike closes in on Buffy. Xander turns his attention to Spike.

“Now that guy you can shoot.” Xander grabs his M-16 and aims.

Meanwhile Spike leans down, his intent was never to bite her, and instead he presses his cool lips to her hot, trembling ones. Kissing her passionately as he plundered her mouth with his tongue, Buffy lying beneath him lay very still.

‘Anything was better than dying.’

XXX

Giles throws the statue hard to the floor, smashing it into tiny pieces.

XXX

Xander shoulders his toy rifle. “What the...” He mutters in dismay, eyeing the toy.

The monsters have all turned back into children and student escorts. The kids are frightened, and begin to cry and complain.
“I'm scared! I want my mommy!”

Spike looks back at them and straightens up. He pulls on Buffy's hair to pull her up and finds he just has a wig in his hands. He looks at Buffy, eyes wide. She gets up off of the crate and smiles at him, wiping her hand across her mouth. Spiting defiantly, she repressed a frown when she saw hurt flash in his eyes.

“Hi, honey. I'm home.”

XXX

Giles looks behind him and sees that Ethan has gone.

XXX

Angel is lounging on Buffys bed in her room. She opens the door and comes in wearing a tank top and sweatpants.

“Tada. Just little old 20th-century me.” She laughs giving him a small twirl.

“Sure you're okay?”

“I'll live.” She walks over to him, and he sits up on the bed. Angel smiles and draws Buffy nearer. They kiss gently yet passionately as she cradles his face in her hands.

XXX

Outside Spike is standing there, looking up at her bedroom window. He lifted his fingers and touched his lips with them, smiling at the memory of her lips. He smirked.

‘This should be fun.’

He thought he might play with her for awhile before he killed her, maybe even sleep with her first.

‘The slayer? I need to get laid bad enough to consider the slayer. It’s all your fault Dru, baby. All your fault!’

“Soon, slayer. Soon.”

*The End*

-----

PLEASE PLEASE REVIEW MEEEEE....
Lie To Me by Aisling
Author's Notes:
Please remember Dru is dead since Prauge!
Thanks to JuQuinthe, Tasha & Cordykitten for the reviews... more please? Cya xx

-----

Words: 4,439
*Lie To Me*
“Why Angel. How great to see you.” The sarcastic voice drew Angel from his thoughts.

“Spike.” He acknowledged. “Spike, leave here. I'm offering you that chance. The slayer won’t.”

“A-yes, the slayer. We’ve met. On numerous occasions.” He practically gloated.

“Stay away from Buffy!” Angel growled jealously.

“Or you’ll hurt me?” Spike let out a sharp bark of laughter. Angel looks down at the ground. “No. No you cant, not anymore.”

“If you don't leave it'll go badly. For all of us.”

“For you, and your honey you mean. I can take care of my little old self.” He sucked in his cheeks and smirked at the elder vampire.

Angel mumbles under his breath. “Old is right.”

“Look, just stay out of my way.” Irritated now, where did Angel get off? He was older than Spike anyway.

“No can do boy. Can’t just let you go round killing innocents.”

“Go back to your slayer, or I’ll send her to you in pieces.” He threatened, trying his hardest to sound menacing.

Angel frowns, and then smiles. “No you won’t. You’d lose her as well.”

“WHAT?” Spike shouted, the noise echoing off the nearest crypt.

“Demons talk Spike. She’s mine.” Angel replied, cryptic as usual. He then walked off, leaving Spike staring.

Buffy is watching from the roof above them. Not being able to hear anything being said, her brow crinkled as she tried to think of possible reasons for the two to be together.

“Angel? And Spike?”

XXX

Buffy walks over to Giles after class. He immediately dives into conversation on the new ‘big bad’.

“Uh, I've been researching your friend Spike. Uh, the profile is fairly unappetising. But I-I still haven't got a lead on why he's here.”

“You'll figure it out.” He smiles encouragingly.

“You alright? You seem a little glum.”

“I'm fine.” Her tone leaves Giles with little doubt that she’s lying. They stop outside the library.

“Why don't you take the night off?”

“Okay. That'd be nice.” She smiles again, and Giles notices it seemed less forced.

“Yes. You could spend some time with Angel.”

“I don't know.” She sighs, thinking back on last night. Then adding, “He might have other plans.”

She walks off to her next class, leaving Giles to wonder what that was all about.

XXX

The three friends headed into the lounge after class. Talking about the Bronze and Angel, and Buffy’s apparent moping. Xander tries to think of way to cheer her up, only to be interrupted by a stranger. Buffy uncrosses her arms and turns around.

“Ford?” She exclaims, the day suddenly looking better.

“Hey, Summers!” They embrace. “How ya been?”

“Oh, my God! What are you doing here?” They let go and hold both hands.

“I'm finishing out my senior year at Sunnydale High. Dad got transferred.”

“This is great!” She practically bounces on the spot.

“I'm glad you think so.” Xander is not pleased, he didn’t need more competition. What’s worse, the boy was human so Xander had nothing to hate him for. “I didn't think you'd remember me.”

“Remember you? Duh! We only went to school together for seven years. You were my giant fifth grade crush.”

Finally, the novelty of being left out wore off. “So! You two know each other.”

“Oh!” She turns to Xander and Willow. “I'm sorry. Um, this is Ford! Uh, Billy Fordham, this is Xander and Willow!”

Buffy and Ford go to sit on the other couch. “Hi.”

“Hey.” Ford replies, reaching out to shake his hand.

“Nice to meet you!” Willow smiles shyly.

“Uh, Ford and I went to Hemery together in L.A.” She turns to Ford. “And now you're here. For real?” Worry crept into her voice. She didn’t want him to show up and go away again.

“Dad got the transfer, and boom, he just dragged me outta Hemery and put me down here.”

“This is great! Well, I mean, it's hard, sudden move, all your friends, delicate time, very emotional, but let's talk about me!” She puts her hand on his knee “This is great!”

Willow smiles “So, you two were sweeties in fifth grade?”

“Not even. Ford wouldn't give me the time of day.” She joked, trying to hide the very small traces of resentment. She’d totally moved on now- it was no big!

“Well, I was a manly sixth-grader. I couldn't bother with someone that young.” He told them.

“It was terrible. I moped over you for months. Sitting in my room listening to that Divinyls song 'I Touch Myself'.” She realises how what she just said could be taken and casts a nervous look at Xander and Willow. “Of course, I had no idea what it was about.”

Ford nervously scratches his temple with his finger. Xander just smiles and nods.

“Hey, are you busy tonight? We're going to the Bronze, it's the local club, and you have to come.”

“I'd love to! But if you guys already had plans... Would I be imposing?”

“No, only in the literal sense.” Xander replies sarcastically.

“Okay, then! I, I gotta find the admissions office,” He gets up. “Uh, get my papers in order.”

“Well, you know what,” she gets up “I'll take you there, and I'll see you guys in French!” she takes Ford's arm.

“It was good to meet you.” And they go together.

Xander smiles at them until they've gone. Next to him Willow has a thoughtful look on her face. Xander says sarcastically “This is Ford, my bestest friend of all my friends! Jeez, doesn't she know any fat guys?”

Understanding suddenly dawns on Willow. “Oh, that's what that song is about?!”

XXX

Later that night at the Bronze, Xander, Willow and Ford are playing pool. Ford sinks his shot and sets up for another as Buffy arrives at the table. She heads for the bar and finds Angel there.

“So. What'd you do last night?” She asks him, trying to sound nonchalant.

“Nothin'.”

“Nothing at all. You ceased to exist?” She prodded again.

“No, I mean I stayed in, read.”

“Giles has been researching Spike.” She mentioned looking for any kind of reaction. When she saw him start at the name she was more suspicious than ever. “His exact words were something along the lines of profile… unappetising. Didn’t say much else though.”

“Oh, um, ok. Does he know why he’s here?” He fidgets.

“No. You don’t know anything, do you? Heard anything?” she asked, keeping a close eye on his face for another reaction.

“No. Sorry.” His face once again blank.

“Oh.” She muttered disappointed. Then she went back to the pool table without another word. Angel stands there confused for a moment then follows her.

“Y'know, it's getting really crowded in here tonight. Um... I'm a little hot.” She turned to Ford. “You wanna take a walk?”

“Um, sure! That'd be nice.”

“Okay, then, um...” She smiled to the others. “I'll see ya tomorrow.” She leads Ford out past Angel

“Good night.” Angel says.

“Take care.” Ford answers.

“Okay, once more with tension.” Xander jokes.

“He just moved here?” Angel inquired, glaring holes in the retreating form of Buffy’s new friend.

“Yeah. And, boy, does he move fast.” He mutters jealous again.

“Well, Angel, we could still play.” Willow asked trying to be friendly. She moves the rack into position, and when she looks back up Angel is gone. “See, you made him do that thing where he's gone.”

Xander dismisses her comment and gets ready to break.

XXX

Buffy is waving away the dust of a recently deceased vampire, when Ford comes running over without her purse.

“What's goin' on?” He frowns at her. Taking Buffy by surprise causing her to spin around and face him.

“Um... uh, there was a, a cat. A cat here, and, um, then there was a-another cat... and they fought. The cats. And... then they left.” She rambled, not at all sounding convincing. She prayed the boy had gotten stupid or at least picked up on the Sunnydale must-have ‘eau du denial’.

“Oh. I thought you were just slaying a vampire.” He commented casually, as if it was the worlds normalest thing.

“What? Whating a what?” She blinked at him stunned.

“I know, Buffy. You don't have to lie. I-I've been trying to figure out the right time to, to tell you. I know you're the Slayer.” He smiles at her, she is taken aback.

XXX

Later on, once Buffy had gone home to phone Willow, Ford is heading to the ‘Sunset Club’. He knocks on a heavy metal door, and the view port opens. It closes and the door opens to let him in. Inside a welder is cutting the knob off of the inside door. Ford goes down the stairs to the main area. Dark gothic music sets the mood, and everyone is dressed in black and pale makeup. "Never Land", by The Sisters of Mercy, is playing.

I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun.


Diego meets him at the base of the stairs. “Ford? Hi, Ford?”

“Hey!” He greeted, less enthusiastic.

“Well, how'd it go?” The other man was beyond nervous, they needed this to go well.

“It went good.” Ford told him after a pause.

“Good? That's, that's it? That's all we know? Well, when are we...”

Interrupting him, Form muttered; “Soon.”

XXX

After being invited into Willows room, Angel begins to tell her the reason for his visit.

“I want you to track someone down. On the 'Net.” He eyes her laptop. Willow smiles at him.

“Oh! Great! I'm so the 'Net girl.” She sits at her desk and brings up google.

“I just wanna find everything I can. Records, affiliates, I'm not even sure what I'm looking for yet.”

“Good. What's the name?” She asked still typing.

“Billy Fordham.” Angel told her quickly. Begging her not to question him on it.

“Uh, Angel? If I say something you really don't wanna hear,” She swivels in her chair to face him. “Do you promise not to bite me?”

“Are you gonna tell me that I'm jealous?” He asked her already knowing the answer.

“Well, you do sometimes get that way.”

“You know, I never used to.” He cautiously sits on her bed. “Things used to be pretty simple.” He talks while Willow keeps on typing. “A hundred years, just hanging out, feelin' guilty... I really honed my brooding skills. Then she comes along. Yeah, I get jealous. But I know people. And my gut tells me this is a wrong guy.”

Willow nodded at him. “Okay.” Turning back to her laptop, she reaches a compromise. “But if there isn't anything weird... Hey, that's weird.”

“What?” He gets up and moves so he’s standing behind her.

“I just checked the school records, and he's not in them. I mean, usually they transfer your grades and stuff, but he's not even registered.”

“He said he was in school with you guys, right?” He asks as Willow keeps looking. Soon interrupted by her mother, Willow shoos the vampire out of her room, with a promise she won’t tell Buffy and will keep trying.

XXX

Buffy and Ford walk over to Willow, who is on her own by the water fountain. She immediately turned around, hoping to get away. She realizes she'd never be able to get away with it, and so turns to face them. She fidgets nervously with her hands.

“What's up?” Buffy asks in conversation.

“N- Nothing.” Her eyes jump from Buffy o Ford and to the stairs to her right, wanting nothing more than to run up them and away from her friend.

“Do you wanna hang? We're cafeteria-bound.” Buffy smiled at her, as did Ford.

“I-I-I'm gonna do work in the computer lab on school work that I have, so I cannot hang just now.” She muttered, getting jumpier by the second. “Hi, Ford.”

“Morning.” He nodded in greeting.

Not having fooled anybody, Buffy frowns. “Okay, Will, fess up.”

“What?”

“Are you drinking coffee again? 'Cause we've talked about this.”

Willow is surprised and happy that an explanation for her nervousness has presented itself, and laughs out loud.

“It makes me jumpy. I have to go. Away.” She virtually turns and races away. Buffy is taken aback again.

“Nice girl!” Ford comments casually.

XXX

The blonde vampire runs into him as she runs from his office. Jenny draws a startled breath as Buffy comes to Giles' aid, but is knocked to the floor underneath him when the vampire gives him a hard shove. She jumps up onto the table and leaps over the railing, making her escape through the stacks. Jenny helps Giles and Buffy up.

“Are you guys okay?” Jenny asks, shocked.

“A book! It took one of my books!” Giles was flabbergast. He couldn’t believe the nerve of some demons. They should be out slaughtering innocents, not stealing his precious books.

“Well, at least someone in this school is reading.” She tried to lighten the mood.

“He said he killed it. That's the vampire Ford said he killed.”

XXX

Spike walks through the door of the factory, approaching the Master carefully; he coughs to draw his attention from the dead bird in the gold cage perched on the table surrounded by books.

“Lucius tells me that you went out on a hunt the other night.”

“What’s it to you, you wrinkly old bat?” Spike glared at him, he’d only come to see if the newest book had arrived and instead he was getting harassed.

“You meet anyone? Anyone interesting? Like Angelus?” The Master asked curiously, ignoring Spikes previous comment.

“Angel! Git is all soul having now, in’t he?” Suddenly something piked his curiosity. “Why do you have a dead bird?”

“Beats me…” The Master mumbled. “Was hoping it’d sing. It’s so… dull in here.”

“Your equivalent of factory fever?” The Master nodded slightly, he’d always liked Spike a little, mainly because Angelus didn’t.

Before any more could be said, another voice drifted across the factory room.

“This is so cool!” Spike looks up to see Ford standing among some crates. “I would totally live here.”

Spike shouts loudly, trying to get a point across to the minions. “Do I have anyone on watch here? It's called security, people. Are you all asleep?” He walks toward Ford. “Or did we finally find a restaurant that delivers?”

“I know who you are.” Ford tells him, less afraid than he should be.

“Yeah, I know who I am, too. So what?” Spike sneers at him, frowning.

“I came looking for you, Spike. You are Spike, right?” Giving the blond vamp a small smile, he then smiles at the Master, flinching slightly at the sight of him.

“He has that affect on most people. Take no notice of pops.”

“William the Bloody?” Ford finishes.

“You've got a real death wish. It's almost interesting.”

The blonde female vampire comes in, walks up to Spike and hands him the book she stole. Spike begins to leaf through it.

Speaking more to himself than anyone. “Oh, this is great. This'll be very useful.” Then looking at Ford. “So, how did you find me?”

When the boy starts blathering on about tradition Spike grabs him by the ear and lifts him off the floor, his demon reveling in the pain the was displayed across the boys face.

“Wait, William.” The Master commands, being the eldest of their line, Spike obeys and drops Ford. Getting up off the ground he dusts himself off and grins.

“I wanna be like you. A vampire!”

Sighing in irritation Spike looks towards the Master despairingly. “Can I eat him now?”

Realizing he was getting nowhere, Ford decided he’d skip tradition and get to the point. “You make me a vampire, and I’ll give you the slayer.” That grabbed Spikes attention, grinning at the human the blond nodded.

XXX

In casa de Summers Buffy and Angel were in the midst of a heated discussion about Angels past.

“I’m talking about the people I rust. Who’s Spike?”

“Spike? He’s a vampire.”

“Well, duh. I know that part. I meant who is he to you?” At Angels blank look she added; “I saw you two together, in the cemetery.”

“Oh!”

“Yeah, oh. So are you going to tell me? Or should I go ask him?” When Angel didn’t respond Buffy smiled sadly and turned in the direction of the door, she would find out, one way or another.

“Stop! I’ll tell you.” Sighing he motioned for her to sit. “Some lies are necessary, Buffy, live long enough and you’d see that. Sometimes the truth is worse.”

“I can handle the truth.” She told him defiantly.

Nodding, Angel told her thee truth, everything. About Darla, and his turning, about how he sired Dru, who in turn sired Spike. About getting his soul and leaving the last two alone together.

“And Dru? Where is she?”

“She died in Prague. Her and Spike were attacked by a mob, some mad scientist was developing ways to tell vampire to ‘stay out of their town’. He had these torture devices as I hear. She didn’t make it, she was already weak. Spike blames them both. And me.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah, oh.” He repeated. “More truth? Ford's part of some society that reveres vampires. Practically worships them. I don't know what he wants from you, but you can't trust him.”

“Oh!”

XXX

At the Sunset Club, Ford is talking to Diego and another vampire wannabe.

“It’s going to be alright.”

“No.” The three turn to face Buffy, who is frowning at her former friend. “It’s really not.”

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

At the factory Spike comes marching out with his troops.

“When we get there, everybody spread out. Two men on the door, first priority's the Slayer, everything else is fair game, and let's remember to share, people.” He looks at the minion in front of him. “Lucius!” He holds up his keys. “Bring the car around.”

XXX

“I'm in. I will become immortal.” Still chasing him around the upper level of what once was a bomb shelter Buffy shouts to him.

“Well, I've got a news flash for you, braintrust: that's not how it works. You die, and a demon sets up shop in your old house, and it walks, and it talks, and it remembers your life, but it's not you.”

“It's better than nothing.” He sighs, rescind.

“And your life is nothing?” She couldn’t believe how he could talk like this. He used to be so life-loving. Instead of answering he just snickers. “Ford, these people don't deserve to die!”

“Well, neither do I! But apparently no one took that into consideration, 'cause I'm still dying.” Buffy begins to realize what he's up to now. “I look good, don't I? Well, let me tell you something:” He’s angry now, arms waving for emphasis. ”I've got maybe six months left, and by then what they bury won't even look like me. It'll be bald and shriveled and it'll smell bad. No, I'm not going out that way.”

Buffy turns away, tears in her eyes.

“I'm sorry, Summers. Did I screw up your righteous anger riff? Does the nest of tumors liquefying my brain kinda spoil the fun?”

Buffy turned back to face him. “I'm sorry. I had no idea. But what you're doing is still very wrong.”

“These people are sheep. They wanna be vampires 'cause they're lonely, miserable or bored. I don't have a choice.”

“You have a choice. You don't have a good choice, but you have a choice! You're opting for mass murder here, and nothing you say is gonna make that okay!”

“You know what, Summers? I really did miss you.”

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

“Take them all. Save the slayer for me.” Spike ordered. Meanwhile Buffy was slowly coming back for the edge of unconsciousness. She looked up in time to see Ford swing a crowbar at her head. Reaching up to grab it, she kicks out at him. A small satisfied smiles plays at her lips as he falls unconscious to the ground beside her.

Standing up she watched as a lot of vampires made party snacks on all the idiotic people in here. But people none-the-less. She had to save them, how? Spike was here for Buffy so she figured maybe she could trade him… but she had nothing he wanted. A smile blossomed across her face as she noticed the last vampire in had left the door wide open. Running over to the couch she jumped onto the back of it and flipped over the railing. Standing in the doorway, centimeters from escaping Spike, she drew in a deep breath and shouted.

“Spike!”

Spike stops feeding on Chantarelle and looks over at the slayer. His eyes widen as he saw where she was standing.

“Slayer…?”

“Here’s the deal Spike, you let everybody in here go… and I’ll stay.” Spike looked over at her eyebrows raised. Gasps were heard through out the room, many from the humans but some from the vampires too.

“You’re willing to stay here and die, to save some pathetic humans who betrayed you?” He asked sceptically.

“It wasn’t their fault. Ford was right, they’re just sheep. But yeah, humans are humans, what ever way you skewer it.”

Chantarelle couldn’t talk, she was afraid sure, but her loss of speech was due to Buffy’s bravery. Finally finding her voice she looked over and stepped back from Spike.

“Buffy, no, don’t!” Raising his hand to hit her, Spike growled.

“No, Spike.” Growling again he lowered his hand from the flinching girl. “Deal or no deal?”

“Deal.” At his word, every human in the building ran for the exit, except Ford. Diego went to pull the door closed behind him, but Buffy stopped him.

“Leave it.” At Spikes questioning look she grinned. “Oh come on, fight fair. Me against all of you? No way! The minions are leaving in 5.”

“Enough time for the humans to get away?” He couldn’t help but ask with a leer.

“The smart ones, yeah.”

“I’d rather have you to myself anyway.” Nodding at him, Buffy walked down the stairs, her body brushing against his as she passed. Sitting down on the floor next to Ford unconscious body she sighed. Running her hand through his hair she started singing under her breath.

5 minutes passed soon enough, and the minions were ordered to leave, any former club member stupid enough to be hanging around outside was not her problem. She had bigger fish to fry.

“One thing first.” Slapping Ford across the face she was rewarded with a groan. “Wakey, wakey.” Ford sat up and blinked slowly, trying to remember what was happening. Spike moved the rest of the way up the stairs and shut the door, trapping the three of them inside.

“Buffy? What happened?”

“They’re gone Ford.”

“All of them?” He sounded so pathetic, she couldn’t bear to lie.

“Spike’s still here. He was who promised right?” Ford nodded. “Then…” Waving Spike over she stood and walked to the other side of the room. “…turn away.” At Spikes shocked look she couldn’t help but laugh. “You promised, and he delivered. Reward him already.” Nodding Spike bit into Ford neck, flinching slightly at the staleness of it, but kept drinking anyway. “Ford, before you die, if I ever see you in my town, you’re dead.” Looking away from the two men, she let the tears fall.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

“So I guess it’s my turn now right? Only without the waking up dead part.”

“You want it to be?” He asked her as he slowly walked towards her.

“No… but, that’s your choice.” She smiled miserably.

“You wanna know a secret, contrary to popular belief, I don’t want you dead. Unlife wouldn’t be half as fun then.”

“So what now?” She asked him guardedly, not wanting to wind up on the receiving end of a cruel joke.

“This.” He leaned forward and grabbed her around the waist. Drawing her closer to him, he presses his lips against hers. Instinctively she stiffens in his embrace but soon relaxes enough for Spike to bring her closer still, until every part of her body is flush against his. Pressing a leg between hers, he rubs it upwards against her causing a moan to slip past her lips into his mouth. Grinning as he pulled back, while Buffy drew in deep breaths.

“Wow.” She smiles at him dazed. Then gathering her bearings she gasps, her hand flying to her mouth in shock. “Ohmigod! Spike, you.... I’m a… we… Angel!”

“What’s it got to do with the poof?” He growled at her.

“He’s my boyfriend! Sorta, I think… I guess he is… oh, I don’t know!” She threw her hands in the air and with it tossed all sense of loyalty to Angel, her maybe-boyfriend, grabbing Spike around the back of his head he pulled him down to meet her lips again. “Mmm…” She moaned against him as his hands grabbed her hips and pulled her close again.

“You have a name, pet?” He asked when she drew back to breath again.

“Buffy.” She gave him a look when he raised his eyebrow at her again. “Don’t even say a word.” Pretending to zip his lips Spike couldn’t help but laugh softly. Genuinely amused, not snarky or rude, and Buffy decided she liked the sound of it.

“I guess, if I’m not going to kill you, we should leave, eh pet?” Moving to the door and pressing himself up against it. He looks for the way to open it.

“Uh, luv, where's the doorknob?”

“There isn’t one. It was Fords way of making sure I didn’t escape. It can only be opened from the inside.” Spike jaw dropped and he started to bang on the door.

“This is a joke, right? You’re joking!” Shaking her head Buffy sighed.

“Have a seat; we’ll be here for a while.”

“What makes you so sure we’re ever leaving?”

“My friends know I’m here, they’ll be looking for me.” Spike sat down, only to jump in the air nervously at her words. “Don’t worry I’ll protect you from them.”

Nodding he sat back down next to her, and wrapped his arm around her waist. Looking over at Ford he stuck his tongue out childishly.

“What’s that for?”

“He was supposed to be your friend.” Pressing a finger to his lips she silently begged him to drop the conversation. “So, you wanna keep me amused?” He asked playfully as he pulled her to him again for a good and proper snog.

“What’s in it for me?”

“I let you live?” He offered playfully.

“Liar.”

*The End*

------

Please review me....
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=12229