Unlikely Roommates by beasleysmom
Summary: Buffy Summers is finally going to get the opportunity to have the ultimate college experience when her parents agree to let her live on campus. But what will happen when she has an unexpected change of roommates?
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 54 Completed: Yes Word count: 117595 Read: 71621 Published: 07/12/2005 Updated: 09/18/2005

1. CH 1 by beasleysmom

2. CH. 2 by beasleysmom

3. Ch.3 by beasleysmom

4. CH.4 by beasleysmom

5. CH. 5 by beasleysmom

6. CH. 6 by beasleysmom

7. CH. 7 by beasleysmom

8. CH. 8 by beasleysmom

9. CH. 9 by beasleysmom

10. CH. 10 by beasleysmom

11. CH 11 by beasleysmom

12. CH. 12 by beasleysmom

13. CH. 13 by beasleysmom

14. CH 14 Part 1 by beasleysmom

15. CH 14 Part 2 by beasleysmom

16. CH 15 by beasleysmom

17. CH 16 by beasleysmom

18. CH 17 by beasleysmom

19. CH 18 by beasleysmom

20. CH 19 by beasleysmom

21. CH 20 by beasleysmom

22. CH 21 by beasleysmom

23. CH 22 by beasleysmom

24. CH 23 by beasleysmom

25. CH 24 by beasleysmom

26. CH 25 by beasleysmom

27. Ch 26 by beasleysmom

28. CH 27 by beasleysmom

29. CH 28 by beasleysmom

30. CH 29 by beasleysmom

31. CH 30 by beasleysmom

32. CH 31 by beasleysmom

33. CH 32 by beasleysmom

34. CH 33 by beasleysmom

35. CH 34 by beasleysmom

36. CH 35 by beasleysmom

37. CH 36 by beasleysmom

38. CH 37 by beasleysmom

39. CH 38 by beasleysmom

40. CH 39 by beasleysmom

41. CH 40 by beasleysmom

42. CH 41 by beasleysmom

43. CH 42 by beasleysmom

44. CH 43 by beasleysmom

45. CH 44 by beasleysmom

46. CH 45 by beasleysmom

47. CH 46 by beasleysmom

48. CH 47 by beasleysmom

49. CH 48 by beasleysmom

50. CH 49 by beasleysmom

51. CH 50 by beasleysmom

52. CH 51 by beasleysmom

53. CH 52 by beasleysmom

54. Epilogue by beasleysmom

CH 1 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Hey there kiddies, I'm back! Well this is the latest fic I've benn working on. I have a new beta (Mac) for this while Vicki is on vacation so I can start posting now. Hope you guys enjoy!





Buffy Summers stepped into her new dorm room with a smile on her face. She was finally going to have the ultimate college experience. Setting down the last of the boxes she had brought form her parent’s house, she looked at her new surroundings. The setup was one of the nicer dorms at UCLA. It had two single bedrooms, a private bathroom, and a living area. Most of the other dorms just had two twin beds, a sink, and the students had to use a community bathroom. Buffy’s father had insisted that if his baby was going to live on campus she deserved nothing but the best accommodations. Her dad wasn’t exactly thrilled with the idea of her living in a coed building, but it was the only one that had private rooms so he had reluctantly agreed.

Buffy was starting to put her things away, when she heard a knock on the door.

Willow stood in the open doorway of her best friend’s dorm room. Looking around, she didn’t see her anywhere. She knocked on the door to let Buffy know she was there.
Buffy heard Willows voice and poked her head out of her bedroom.

Buffy had befriended Willow in their freshman year of college. The two had had a few classes together and hit it off instantly. Since then they had been inseparable. Willow was what you would call a natural beauty. She had shoulder length fire red hair that framed her thin face and deep green eyes that no one could look into while telling a lie. Her skin was flawless with a smooth porcelain color. But it was her personality that topped it all off. Willow was the sweetest person you could have ever met, but you sure didn’t want to get on her bad side or mess with her friends. If anyone dared to make Willow mad she became what Buffy liked to call ‘evil veiny Willow’. Buffy called her this because a vein in Willow’s forehead would pop out and pulse rapidly when she was mad.

Buffy smiled brightly at her friend and invited her in. “Hey Wills, come on in. I was just trying to put some things away before my new roomie gets here.”

Willow walked in the spacious room and jutted her lip out in a pout. “ This is so not fair! I could totally fit my whole room in your living area alone, and hello, your own bathroom.”

Buffy couldn’t help but laugh at her best friend’s blatant jealousy of her room. “Well I tried to convince you to room with me.”

“I know, but there is no way I could afford to live here. My scholarship only covers the basic room and board.” She whined to her blonde friend. Not wanting to put a damper on Buffy’s day, she changed the subject. “Any who, so when does your roomie get here?”

Buffy furrowed her brow. “I don’t know. The housing office called the other day and said my original roommate was going to live off campus, so the computer was going to spit me out another. She is supposed to be here some time today.”

Willow picked up a box from the floor and made her way to Buffy’s room. “I’ll help you unpack and wait with you until your roommate arrives.”

Buffy smiled at the red head appreciatively. “Thanks Wills, you’re the best.”

Willow returned her smile. “Yeah well you know me, I’m all ‘helper girl’.”

When Buffy and Willow had finished unpacking all of Buffy’s bedroom things they were both in need of a break.

“Hey, how ‘bout I run down the hall and grab some cokes from the drink machine at the common area while you sit and relax. Sound good?”

“Alright, I’ll stay here in case your mystery roomy shows up” Willow said as she plopped on Buffy’s bed. Buffy grabbed her wallet from off the desk and headed out the door. Willow was just getting comfortable when she heard someone walk in the door. Thinking it might be Buffy’s room mate, she hopped of the bed and rushed into the living area.

Spike looked at the piece of paper in his hand and then back to the door in front of him. Room 206, this was the place. Sauntering in, he looked around the room. Clearly his flat mate had already arrived because there were boxes scattered about in the living area. Wait a minute. Did that box have flowers and hearts on it? Great, he was going to be living with a poofter. This was just one more thing to add to the shit list now wasn’t it? First the housing office called to say they had changed his room, which needless to say, was going to cost him more money, and now he was going to have to live with a guy who played for the other team. It wasn’t like he was a homophobe, he just didn’t know how he felt about his house mate bringin’ ‘dates’ back into their room. Dropping his duffle on the ground he let out a sigh.

When Willow walked into the living area her eyes lit up. She squealed and rushed to the person standing in the living room with open arms.

Spike nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard a squeal that he was sure to have had every dog within a 50 mile radius going absolutely mad. Snapping his eyes in the direction of the offending noise he furrowed his brow. “Red is that you?” What the bloody hell is she doing here?

Willow wrapped her arms around Spike and squeezed. She hadn’t seen him in almost five years, but she would recognize that platinum blond hair anywhere. When he stood there not moving she pulled back and gave him a bright smile.

“Oh my gosh!” Willow exclaimed. “What are you doing here at UCLA? Last I heard you were going to some stuffy university back in England. I can’t believe you’re here, it’s been forever!”

Spike smiled after he got over the initial shock of seeing his childhood friend. “Damn Red, you look good.” He chuckled as her face began to match her hair, “I decided to try out the whole American college experience. My Mum agreed to let me come as long as I went somewhere close to ol’ Rupes. You know, so he could keep tabs on me and all.” He was wondering what Willow was doing in his room, but assumed she was friends of the supposed poof that was going to be living with him. ‘I guess at least this is one good thing that came off all this bullocks’ he thought.

Willow knew Spike from back in her hometown of Sunnydale. He had been traveling from England to visit his Uncle Giles every summer since he was ten years old. Since Giles worked at Sunnydale’s public library which was practically Willow’s second home, the redhead had gotten to know Spike, who she knew as William back then. Spike had turned out to be a bookworm just like her, so they had gotten along immediately. They would hang out in the dank old library talking about all the different books they had read and go to the park close to Willow’s house. What started out as a summer crush, for Willow, had turned out to become a lifetime friendship.

When Spike came back every summer and he always made sure to go and see his American friend.. It wasn’t until the last summer, but it was the last summer he came to Sunnydale that he came back as Spike. Apparently the previous year his heart had been broken by some girl back in England. It was then that Spike had decided that he was going to change his image from shy conservative William to bad boy Spike who wore all black and leather.

Willow was so excited to see Spike she had forgotten that she was standing in the middle of Buffy’s dorm room. Furrowing her brow, she looked at him questioningly.
Spike looked at her and frowned. “What?”

“What are you doing here?” She asked thoroughly confused.
Spike gave her an unsure look. “I thought we already covered that one luv.” Something about her line of questioning was making him uneasy.

Willow waved her hand dismissively. “No not that, I mean in Buffy’s room.”

Spike looked toward the ceiling and shook his head. “Great! Not only do I live with a poof, but he goes by Buffy.” When he looked back at Willow she looked even more confused.

“Spike what are you talking about? Buffy’s a girl.” Willow said still not quite understanding, feeling the need to clarify Buffy’s gender.

Spike jaw snapped open. There was no way this could be happening. Making sure he heard her right, he clarified. “Buffy’s a girl.” It was a statement, not a question.
“Yes, as in doesn’t have a…” she said gesturing to nether region of his anatomy.

“Dick” Spike finished for her.
Willow went beet red. “Yes, that.” Changing the subject she continued. “So if Buffy lives here and you supposedly live here…..” she trailed off as she came to the startling conclusion.

Spike must have stumbled on the same thing as Willow because he looked at her wide-eyed and yelled “Bloody hell! My fucking roommate is a girl?”

Willow went into complete panic mode. “No this can’t be happening Buffy lives here so you can’t, because you’re a boy and she’s a girl. Boy’s and girls can’t live together, because, well, this is college and all boys think about is doing you know and this is Buffy’s room so you….” Spike grabbed the red heads shoulders to stop her rambling.

“Red you need to breathe. Your face is turning a very scary color of blue.”

Willow took a deep needed breath. ‘Buffy is so gonna flip out when she gets back and finds she’s living with a guy’ she thought.. Then, as if by power of suggestion, said blonde came bouncing in the door way with drinks in hand.

“Hey Wills sorry it took me so long, but I saw Riley from my psych class last year in the common area, and who is your friend with his hands on your shoulders?” Buffy trailed off, looking puzzled.

Upon hearing a very girly voice in the door way Spike turned to see who it belonged to. In the entrance to the room stood the cutest thing he had ever seen, well cute wasn’t exactly accurate. She was bloody gorgeous. She was a petite little thing with long golden hair that fell down past her shoulders and the most piercing green eyes he had ever seen. They way she had her head cocked to the side while biting her bottom lip made her look like the picture of innocence. Looking at the angel before him, Spike noticed she was checking him out and a smirk curled at his lips.

Buffy’s first thoughts of the platinum blond standing in her dorm room were ‘yummy’. He was wearing tight black jeans that showed off what must be the tightest butt she had ever seen and a black leather duster. It wasn’y until he turned around that she felt that she was about wet her pants. He had the face of a God, from his smooth chiseled cheekbones to his penetrating blue eyes. After letting her eyes roam over the rest of his well toned body she looked back up to his face and saw a smirk play at his full bee stung lips. Knowing she had been totally caught checking him out, she blushed profusely and questioned Willow. “So….. Who’s your friend?”

Willow let out a small whimper and squeaked out “Your new roommate.”



Okay guys, tell me what you think. Kuddos!
CH. 2 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
I totally forgot to add the disclaimer in the first chapter, so here it is in big bold letters: I OWN NOTHING!!!!!!!! I just play with the characters a bit. Well enjoy! Kuddos!



**Image by Spikeshunny**







Buffy’s jaw nearly hit the floor. This was so not happening. Snapping her jaw shut, she put her hands on her hips and shook her head defiantly. “Uh uh, I so don’t think so.”

Spike chose this time to speak up. “Well then, it looks like you better start packing your things up then.” He walked over to her and stuck out his hand with a look of mock sincerity. “It was really nice to meet you, but I guess you should be going now.”

Buffy looked at his hand as if it were covered in radioactive goo. Looking back up at him, he held a smirk that made her want to slap the piss out of him. ‘Every lusty thought I had a minute ago is so gone out the window’ she thought to herself as she crossed her arms over her chest and glared at him.

Spike could see he was beginning to get under her skin, and he was loving every minute of it. This girl had fire. Seeing as she wasn’t going anywhere he curled his tongue behind his front teeth and leered at her to see how much he could make her squirm.

Willow watched the confrontation between her old friend and her new best friend. Things were starting to get tense so she decided to intervene. “Hey guys listen,” when they both brought their attention to her, she gulped and continued. “There is a very simple solution to this very simple problem. All you have to do is go to the housing office and explain to them that some how you two got placed in the same room and that you need to be reassigned,” she finished with a chirp.

Buffy looked at the platinum blonde in front of her. “She’s right. All you have to do is go to the housing office and tell them to move you. No harm no foul.” She told him matter of factly.

Spike looked at her as if she had grown two heads. “What? I’m not moving. You can move.”

Buffy clinched her fits and retorted back sounding like an obnoxious three year old. “I was here first so you move.”
Spike rolled his eyes and snorted. “Oh yeah that’s really mature. Next thing you know you’ll be tellin’ me not to touch your dollies or your gonna snitch on me.”

Buffy rolled her eyes at him for what must have been the hundredth time in the last five minutes , and then she realized she didn’t even know his name. “What’s your name anyway?” She said nastily.

“What’s it to you?” Spike asked snidely

“So I know who to tell the witch doctor to curse with a voodoo doll.” She said sarcastically.

Willow rolled her eyes. This was beyond ridiculous. If she didn’t know any better she would think the bickering blonde duo had a thing for each other. Deciding she better step in before there was blood she piped in. “Okay break it up. Buffy this is William,” but she was interrupted by a very irritated Spike.

“The names Spike” he said as he puffed up his chest.

Buffy let out a full belly laugh. ‘Who was this freak?’ she thought to herself.

Spike gave her a menacing look. “What the fuck are you laughin’ at?” he bit out.

Buffy sobered instantly at his harsh tone. No one had ever spoken to her like that before, and it hurt. Quickly she covered her hurt with anger. “Don’t you EVER talk that way to me again or I’ll have your ass out of this room so fast your head will spin.” She bit back at him through clinched teeth.

Spike let out a throaty chuckle. “Ohhh, I see kitten has claws. Care to show me what you can really do with those claws?” He asked huskily, while leering at her provocatively.

Buffy scoffed. “Please, like I would EVER give you the time of day.” She crossed her arms across her chest so he wouldn’t notice how much his words had affected her through the thin material of her t-shirt.

Spike shrugged his shoulders and winked at her. “We’ll see about that luv.”

Now it was Willow’s turn to get mad. “Okay I’m done listening to this crap! When you two get things figured out let me know.” She turned to Spike. “Spike behave yourself, and don’t go making her cry or I’ll kick your ass. Got it.” She had on her resolve face.

Spike saw the resolve face and knew she meant business. He was also wondering when Willow had become unbelievably scary.

Willow turned to Buffy. “Buffy I know you’re mad right now, but you need to take care of this before you kill one another, when you figure it out, call me later.” She knew she was being harsh, but that was the only way to get through to these two.

Buffy nodded her head like a sullen child and watched Willow walk out the door. She and Willow had never had a disagreement before, and now ‘bleached wonder’, who hadn’t even been here ten minutes, was starting shit between them. Buffy turned from the doorway and back to Spike. Leveling him with a lethal glare, she barked “Look what you did! Now Willow’s all mad with me and she left!”

Spike studied the petite blond before him. She was mightily pissed, and for some reason he didn’t enjoy it as much as he thought he would. Feeling the sudden urge to apologize, he softened his features. “Look, I didn’t mean to cause a tiff between you and Red. Don’t worry, by tomorrow she’ll be right as rain.” He tried to reason with her, but what she bit back at him threw him completely.

“You know what Spike, FUCK OFF!” Buffy felt her eyes begin to tear and she stormed to her room and slammed the door.

Spike stood there . How could something so nasty come out of someone as cute as her? He mentally kicked himself for being such a prick to her.

‘Way to go mate, you’ve buggered things up good and proper this time’ he chastised himself as he went to her door. Standing there for a moment he thought about what he was going to say. Taking a deep breath, he knocked on her door. “Buffy? Luv? Can you open the door?” All he heard was dead silence. He let out an exasperated groan and continued. “Listen I’m…..sorry.” The last part came out whiney and somewhat sincere. ‘Bloody hell, I just met this chit and I’m already grovelin’ at her damn feet.’ He thought to himself with a frown as he waited for her to reply.

Buffy sat on her bed with Mr. Gordo wrapped in her arms. This wasn’t how it was supposed to be. She was supposed to have the perfect roommate. One who she actually got along with, but all she got stuck with was HIM. Hearing a knock at her door she sat completely still. When she heard what was supposed to be an apology, she let out a sigh and walked to the door. When she opened the door Spike was standing there with his hands shoved in his pockets and a frown on his face. Crossing her hands over her chest she looked at him snidely. “Was that supposed to be an apology? ‘Cause if so, you really need to work on that.” She said dryly.

Spike took her coming to the door as at least a step in the right direction, so he’d let her get away with her shitty comment. “Listen pet. You don’t want me here anymore than I want to be here with you, so how ‘bout we just go to housing and take care of this and be on our way, yeah?”

Buffy didn’t even have to think twice. “Fine with me. The sooner I can get you out of here the better.” She said tersely as she pushed past him and out the door.

Spike watched as she stomped out the door. Her hips swayed as she stomped and he couldn’t help but think her absolutely adorable, but that thought soon faded when he heard a snappy “Are you coming or what?” come from the doorway and knew ‘bitchy Buffy’ was back in town to stay. Muttering out “Bloody hell woman, don’t get your knickers in a twist!” as he walked out of ‘their’ dorm room and followed her to the housing office.



Thanks to Brat, buffster1985, txjmfan, K, Livia, MarstersGirl13, MidnightGirl, spikes_niblet, and BuffyandSpikeForever for the reviews. I am so excited to be posting again. What can I say, I'm a review junkie LOL! Help me get my fix by letting me know what y'all think. Kuddos!
Ch.3 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer in full effect! Hope you guys are enjoying. Kuddos!
Buffy and Spike sat in the housing office for what felt like forever. Every once and awhile Buffy would send him a dirty look and let out an audible huff. Looking at the clock she wondered what was taking so long. No one else was there, but the office door was closed and had a sign that said ‘in meeting’, so Buffy continued to sit there while Spike drummed his fingers on the chair next to him and sang under his breath some awful song.

Spike was bored out of his mind. He wasn’t what you would call a ‘patient’ person, he was more of the hyper active variety, so to have to sit in one spot for long periods of time with nothing to do usually didn’t go over well with him. Drumming his fingers to the last thing he heard on the radio he began to sing under his breath. “I want to be sedated.”

Buffy had had enough. If he didn’t stop right that second she was going to snap his fingers and rip his tongue right out of his mouth. Just as he started to really get going she wiped around and snapped “Do you mind?”

Spike looked at her and smirked. “Not at all luv,” and continued his little beat.

Buffy saw red. He was really beginning to piss her off.

“If you don’t’ stop right now I’m gonna…” but she was cut off by the opening of the door. Thanking who ever would listen she got up from her chair and walked to the door. Spike followed in suit and they waited to be called on.


”Miss Summers, Mr. Livingston, what can I do for you today?” Mrs. Archer, the short round woman who was head of the housing office asked them politely.

Buffy smiled at the plump woman. “Mrs., Archer we seem to have a little bit of a problem and we we’re wondering if you might be able to solve it,” Buffy said in her sweetest voice. She had learned over the years that kindness gets you everywhere.

“Of course, won’t you both come in my office and we’ll see if we can sort things out.”

Buffy nodded politely and followed the director into her office. Spike made a gagging noise at Buffy’s icky sweet tone, and walked in behind her.

Buffy wiped her head around to Spike when she heard the gross noise he was making and glared at him. He was so going to be the one to leave the room. Taking her seat she plastered a bright smile on her face.

Spike walked in and plopped on the chair next to Buffy, slouched, and spread his legs in a vulgar manner, making himself comfortable.

Mrs. Archer sat at her desk and began to type a few things in her computer as she addressed the couple before her. “So, what brings you two by here today?”

Buffy glanced over at Spike and let a look of disgust cross her face before turning and looking at Mr. Archer sweetly. “Well it seems that there has been a terrible mistake with our living arrangements.”

Mrs. Archer smiled at her. “Well let’s start at the beginning. What room are you in Miss. Summers?”

“Room 206”

Mrs. Archer began to type on her computer, when her brow began to furrow. “Mr. Livingston what room have you been assigned to?”

Spike looked at the woman knowingly and arched his brow as he replied, “Room 206” the tone of his voice let her know that he knew they had screwed up.

Mrs. Archer looked back and forth between both blondes and let out a small sigh. Folding her hands on her desk, she addressed them both. “Well it seems that the system has managed to assign you both to the same room,” she began when she was suddenly interrupted.

Spike rolled his eyes. “Well yeah, we figured that on our own,” he said sarcastically.

Mrs. Archer gave him a pointed look before continuing. “As I was TRYING to say,” she looked back at Spike to get her point across. “This comes as a problem. While you do live in a coed building, the rooms are strictly same sex. What we would normally do, is try and reassign one of you to a different room,” she waited a beat before she continued “but there is a housing shortage right now, so I’m afraid there isn’t another dorm to give one of you.” She sat back in her chair and tried to gauge their reaction.

Buffy let out a soft groan. Great what was she gonna do now? There was no way she was moving back in with her parents and she couldn’t afford to live off campus. She looked at Mrs. Archer with hopeful eyes and waited for her to give them their options.

Spike let out a snort and voiced his opinion. “Just fucking great, I guess you’ll be expectin’ me to bow down to Miss Teen Queen here and give her the room, yeah,” he said dryly as he crossed his arms across his chest.

Mrs. Archer removed her glasses and rubbed the bridge of her nose. She really didn’t want to have to deal with this right now. She stared at the two people sitting before her, one praying she would get to stay and the other ready to start tearing the place apart. Letting out a heavy sigh she leveled with them. “Listen, I normally would never suggest this, but this is one of those cases that falls under the exception.” She hesitated before she continued “Since the room has private bedrooms you can either both live there until another room becomes available or one of you can move off campus,” she said matter of factly.

Both Buffy and Spike stared at the woman with their mouths hanging open. There was no way in hell they could actually live together. They would kill each other before something else opened up. Simultaneously, they turned to stare at one another.

Spike knew there was no way he could handle being under the same roof as her. She made him have too many thoughts of the not so pure kind. Tearing his gaze from Buffy, he looked back to Mrs. Archer.

Buffy felt panicked at the thought of living with Spike. She would never admit it, but she felt sparks fly every time he looked into her eyes, like he was trying to see her soul. When he looked away from her, she turned to face the plump woman before her. “Mrs. Archer I don’t think this is gonna work.” She stated desperately.

Spike chimed in. “Yeah, there’s no bloody way we can share a dorm, we’d kill each other before you’d have the chance to reassign us.” He stated plainly.

Mrs. Archer took what they had to say into consideration as she responded. “I understand this comes as an inconvenience to you both, but I’m sorry; this is the only other option I can think of, unless you both want to forfeit the room and give it to the next two people on the list.” She said rationally.

Buffy looked back over to spike and sighed. Turning her attention back to Mrs. Archer she asked meekly, “How long before another dorm becomes available?”

Spike snapped his eyes to Buffy. “What? Are you actually thinking of livin’ together?” he asked completely astonished.

Buffy gave him a defeated look. “We don’t really have much choice now do we?” Not waiting for his reply, she turned back to Mrs. Archer and asked again, “How long?”

Mrs. Archer looked at them sympathetically. “Well it would be until summer semester, so about eight months.”

Buffy let out a groan as she put her face in her hands. Spike on the other hand voiced his dislike for the situation. “This is bloody ridiculous. We have to suffer because you gits screwed things up and managed to over extend your housing?”

Mrs. Archer was done dealing with this for today. It was Friday and she was above and beyond ready for the weekend. Looking at them both she stated with finality in her tone, “Listen you have the weekend to decide what you want to do. You can either both stay in the dorm this weekend or one of you can leave, that’s up to you. Get back to me first thing Monday morning with your final decision.” Resolve was written clearly on her face.

Buffy stood from her chair with a crest fallen face. “Thank you Mrs. Archer for all your help. We’ll let you know our final answer on Monday morning,” and with that she walked out the door.

Spike watched as Buffy shuffled out the door looking absolutely defeated. For some reason seeing her so broken caused a pain in his chest. Getting up from his own seat, he was out the door without so much as one word to the woman who had put them in this whole mess.

Spike tried to catch up with Buffy, but she was already gone. Letting out an irritated sigh he booked it back to what was probably going to turn out to be her dorm.

Buffy ran all the way back to the dorm in hopes that she wouldn’t have to talk to Spike. The look on his face when she had asked how long they would have to share a room cut right through her. He looked absolutely horrified at the idea. Once she reached the room, she bent over and placed her hands on her knees gasping for air. She ran so hard she could taste blood in her lungs. Coughing a few times she righted her position and fished her keys out. Just as she was fixing to put her key in he lock she heard her name being called down the hall.

Spike ran through the common area and headed straight for the stairs taking two at a time. Once he reached the second floor he turned the corner and saw Buffy trying to unlock the door. Slowing down he called out to her. “Buffy wait!”

Buffy turned around and saw Spike stop in front of her gasping for much needed air. Letting go of the doorknob she crossed her arms over her chest. “What?” she bit out.

Once he felt like he could talk without choking he looked at her and gasped out between breaths “Why… did… you… run... away…?”

Buffy let her anger override her hurt and barked at him “Why do you care?”

Spike finally caught his breath and gave her a menacing look. “Do you have to be a bleeding bitch all the time? God, I just thought that maybe we could talk about this like adults, but apparently I over estimated you.”

Buffy felt flat out enraged. How dare he talk to her look that? Glaring at him she spat out threw clinched teeth “Go to hell Spike” and with that she opened the door and blew in slamming it behind her.

Spike stuck the toe of his boot in the door to catch it before it closed. Yanking it open he stormed in slamming it be hind him. Seeing she was fixing to flee to her room he reached out and grabbed her by the shoulders spinning her around to face him.

Buffy wanted nothing more than to shut herself in her room for the rest of the weekend. Spike Livingston could fall off the face of the earth for all she cared. Darting for her room she felt hot tears begin to burn her eyes. Just as she was about to reach her door, she felt strong arms grab her and spin her around.

Spike spun her around, nostrils flared and chest heaving with anger. He took one look at the teary eyed girl in his hands and instantly softened his demeanor. His eyes softened as he asked “Pet, please don’t cry, I can’t take it when girls cry.”

Buffy saw his face soften as he spoke his simple request, but those simple words caused her tears to fall from her eyes and a small sob to escape her throat.

Spike heard her soft cry and felt his heart break. How could he have made her cry? He really has a right bastard. Letting instinct take over, he pulled her in his arms and hugged her softly.

Buffy was shocked to feel two strong arms wrapped loosely around her frame. She stood stiffly at first, but slowly let herself relax into his warm embrace.

When he felt her relax he stroked her hair softly and whispered in her ear. “Shhhh, don’t cry. “

Buffy felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end at the feel of his warm breath on her neck. She jerked away as if she had been burned staring at him with wide eyes.

Spike was startled to feel her practically jump out of his arms. Giving her a confused look, he questioned her, “What’s wrong Pet?”

Buffy looked away nervously, “Nothing.” She tried to sound normal, but her voice came out a little more strained than she had hoped.

Spike could tell she was uneasy from them being so close, so he decided to change the subject. “Right, well I think we should talk about our new living arrangements.”

Buffy looked at him completely baffled. “What? You said you didn’t want to share the room.”

Spike looked at her with determination in his eyes. “Well pet like you said before, we don’t have much of a choice. I can’t afford to live off campus since I’m paying out of country tuition and you won’t move, so the only other thing to do is share the room until they can move one of us.”

Buffy looked at him skeptically. “And you decided this just on your way back from the housing office? Just a minute ago you acted as if someone had told you you’d be living with a serial killer,” she remarked snidely.

Spike took a deep breath and fought the urge to let his temper get the better of him from her snide remark. Looking at her he replied, “Yes pet I did decide on my way back that us rooming together wouldn’t be the end of the world.” He said with false kindness.

Buffy placed her hands on her hips. “Well, what if I decided I don’t want to live with you?” She said indignantly.

Spike threw his hands in the air in aggravation. “Bloody hell girl! What’s it gonna take?” He growled out.

Buffy looked him straight in the eyes and stated “An apology.”

Spike looked her like she was crazy. “A what?”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “You know, as in you say ‘I’m Sorry Buffy for calling you a bitch and treating you like shit since the moment I walked in the door’ or something along those lines,” she stated simply.

Spike growled in frustration. “Fine alright, alright. Bloody hell, I’m sorry Buffy,” He said in a huff.

“For?” Buffy said expectantly

“For calling you a bitch and treating you like shit since the moment I walked in the door,” He grumbled out.

Buffy had a satisfied look on her face. “See, now was that so bad?”

Spike looked at her defiantly. “Bloody yes it was,” he muttered like a sullen child.

Buffy couldn’t hide the smile on her face from his behavior. Men could be such babies when they had to admit they were wrong. Buffy stuck her hand out in offering. “Truce?”

Spike grumbled something about bloody women being the end of him as he took her hand in his and mumbled “Truce.”

Buffy shook Spike’s hand and then pulled her hand away with a smirk on her face. She had won.

Spike saw the knowing smirk on her face and mentally kicked himself. By apologizing to her, he had pretty much admitted he was wrong even though he knew he wasn’t the only one at fault. Glaring at Buffy he said, “You think you’re so smart don’t you Summers.”

Buffy gave him her best doe eyed innocent look and replied, “What ever are you talking about?”

Spike growled at her as he turned and stalked off to his room mumbling British words Buffy didn’t even begin to understand, slamming the door.

Buffy chuckled to herself watching the defeated man stomp off to his room like an immature brat. Feeling a sense of pride, she went to her own room to finish organizing her things.




Thanks to MidnightGirl, Maddie Mae, lacey, MarstersGirl13, Mariana,adn BuffyandSpikeForever for the lovely reviews. You guys are a bundle of peaches! Kuddos!
CH.4 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
DIsclaimer in full affect. Enjoy!
Buffy had finished putting her things away hours ago, but didn’t feel like she could face Spike yet. She had won the battle in their argument, but she knew damn well it was going to be a long road before they actually got along. Suddenly she smelled pizza coming from the next room. Her stomach let out an audible growl at the enticing aroma; she hadn’t eaten in hours. Letting her curiosity get the better of her, Buffy rolled off of her bed, intent on following her nose to the pizza. .

Spike had known that it wouldn’t be long before Buffy came out of her room with the smell of hot pizza permeating the air. She had to be hungry, because she hadn’t left her room since they had returned from the housing office hours ago. Making sure to leave the pizza box open, Spike waited to see if her stomach would get the best of her.

Buffy slowly opened her bedroom door. The smell of pepperoni pizza hit her senses and her mouth began to water. Casually walking into the living room she plopped on the couch and turned on the TV.

Spike had watched Buffy as she cautiously left her room. He could see the hunger in her eyes, yet she made no mention of the pizza. She wanted to play stubborn did she? Let’s see how long it would be before she gave into temptation.

Grabbing a slice of pizza, Spike walked over to the couch and sat next to his roommate. “Hope you don’t mind, I felt a bit peckish so I ordered a pizza.”

Buffy kept her eyes glued to the TV. “It’s your place too, so do what you want,” She replied absently.

Spike couldn’t help but smirk. Sure she might be able to ignore him, but if her stomach growling was any indication, she wouldn’t be able to ignore the food. With a shrug of his shoulders, he said nonchalantly, “Well there’s plenty there if you want some.” Taking a big bite he let out a satisfied groan.

Buffy felt her stomach begin to protest with hunger pains. Unwilling to give in she turned giving him a forced smile. “Thanks but I’m not hungry.”

As soon as the words left her mouth her stomach decided to betray her and let out a loud growl. Buffy slapped her hand over her stomach as if that would silence it. She looked over at Spike to see if he’d noticed. He had.

Spike let out a chuckle. “Well I think your tummy begs to differ pet.”

Buffy felt her cheeks blush deep red. She was so busted. Letting out an exasperated sigh, she asked “What kind is it?” Even though she already knew the answer.

His game had worked. Spike let a satisfied smile play over his lips. “Pepperoni with extra cheese.”

Buffy felt her mouth begin to water again, pepperoni with extra cheese was her favorite. Giving him a small grin she said, “Well since you already ordered it and all, I guess I could have one piece. I am pretty hungry.”

Spike knew her admission wasn’t much, but it was a start. “Go help yourself.”

Buffy got off the couch and almost ran to the pizza box. Picking up a slice, she brought it to her mouth and took a bite. She rolled her eyes and let out a moan. “Oh my God this is good.”

Spike watched as she brought the pizza to her bubble gum pink lips. Watching someone eat pizza had never been so erotic. When she let out a moan of satisfaction he almost came completely undone. Adjusting himself in his now extremely tight jeans he asked, “Taste good to you pet?” he tried to sound sarcastic, but instead it came out sounding strangled.

“God yes! You have no idea,” She replied as she returned to the couch.

Spike knew he was in way over his head. She was causing all kinds of reactions in him and all she was doing was eating bloody pizza. Quickly he made himself think of something, anything that would make the almost embarrassing bulge in his pants go away. Spike was trying to recite the alphabet in his head when Buffy interrupted his thoughts.

“Spike are you okay? You look like you have something on your mind,” Buffy noted. She wondered why he was acting spacey all of a sudden.

Spike jumped slightly startled and then turned to look at her. “Sorry, must have zoned out for a minute.” Could he be anymore of a wanker? One minute he can’t stand the girl and the next he was imagining if she moaned like that in the sack. Pushing his naughty thoughts away, he opted for light conversation. “So what do you normally do on Friday nights? I’m sure you have a boyfriend who usually takes you out.” There was a slight hint of disdain in his voice.

Buffy looked at him skeptically. Was he trying to ask if she had a boyfriend? Why would he care? Not wanting to read too much into it she simply replied, “Not much of anything really, we go to this club downtown called Indigo sometimes.”

Spike shrugged his shoulders. “Yeah I’ve heard of it. Never gone though; too retro for my taste,” He replied absently.

His answer sparked her attention. Her curiosity getting the better of her again, Buffy asked “So what exactly is your taste?”

Spike gave her a smirk. “You know, strip clubs, biker bars, the normal.” From the shocked look on his roommate’s face he knew she had bought it.

Buffy’s jaw fell open. He couldn’t be serious, could he? Yeah he may look like the bad ass, but did he actually hang out in those kinds of places?

He let out a laugh. “Buffy I was only kidding. You didn’t actually think I was serious did you?”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Well you never can tell these days, and you are a guy,” Buffy said indignantly.

Spike gave her a look of mock hurt as he clutched his chest. “Ouch Summers, I’m crushed. Are you insinuating that I’m some pig that hangs out in titty bars all day?”

“Are you trying to tell me you’ve never been to one before?” she asked raising a brow at him skeptically.

He curled his tongue behind his front teeth and leered at her. “Now I never said that, luv,” his voice was a low rumble.

Buffy felt her cheeks blush rapidly. Not just because he admitted to going to strip clubs, but more because of the look he was giving her and the low timbre of his voice. It was all too smooth and sent chills down her spine. Quickly recovering, she spat out “You really are a pig.”

He let out a chuckle. “Hey, don’t knock it till you try it.”

Buffy looked at him completely horrified. “I so don’t think so.”

“What, women go to strip clubs all the time, get lap dances even.” He told her matter a factly.

“Sorry, but I don’t play for that team,” she said indignantly

“It doesn’t make you gay pet. You can’t tell me that you’re not curious.” There was a hint of suggestion in his tone, and he knew he was starting to get to her.

Buffy crossed her arms over her chest. “I don’t think we should be talking about this.” She said resolutely, praying he would let the subject drop. She wasn’t a prude by any means; it was just that talking to ‘him’ about this kind of thing was making her very uncomfortable.

He gave her an off handed look and shrugged his shoulders. “Sure thing pet, but you’re the one who brought it up.”

Buffy looked at him aghast. “Me? I’m the one who brought it up?”

“Yep, you asked if I had ever been to a titty bar, so you brought it up” he told her matter a factly.

Buffy opened and closed her mouth as if to say something, but no words came out. Spike smirked at her and asked “What’s the matter luv, cat got your tongue?”

Buffy let out a growl of frustration. “GRAWWW, we haven’t been living together a whole day and you’re already starting to be a pain in my ass.”

Spike raised his eyebrows suggestively. “Is that an invitation luv?”

Buffy stared at him for a minute and then got the meaning behind his innuendo. “Oh gross!”
Spike let out a full laugh. “Again pet I say, don’t knock it till you try it.” She was just too easy. He could breathe the wrong way and get under her skin.

She sat there in complete shock. Did he really do stuff like that? She had never even had sex before let alone done something like that. She suddenly felt like the prude she just told herself that she wasn’t. Not wanting to let him know he had got the best of her, she replied suggestively “Maybe you’re right. Maybe I WILL give it a go sometime.” She tried for her best sex kitten look. If his reaction said anything, it had worked.

Spike was completely floored to hear her say she wanted to give it a go. Even though she hadn’t indicated him, the thought of her doing something like that brought all kinds of little nasties to his mind. Now it was his turn to sit there with his mouth hung open.

To say she was amused by his reaction would be an understatement. Leaning in until she was almost touching noses with him, she purred out “What’s the matter Spikey, cat got your tongue?”

He was so fucked. She was so close he could feel her breath on his skin. It took every once of control he had not to just lunge in and devour her soft pouty lips. His resolve was slipping, and fast.

Buffy suddenly became very aware of how close she really was to him. Slowly, so he wouldn’t know how much he was affecting her, she backed away with a look of self-satisfaction spread across her face and left for her room without saying a word.

She had left just in time; Spike had been losing his resolve. When he heard her door shut, he let out the breath he had been holding. That girl was going to kill him. Looking down at his lap, he let out a groan. No amount of cold showers was going to save him now. Getting off the couch, he went to his room to see if he could try and solve this problem on his own.

Buffy shut the door and flung herself on her bed. What the hell had she been thinking getting that close to him? This was so not good. He was a disgusting pig who was mean, and self centered, and arrogant, and had a sexy smirk that made her toes curl, and oh my God I so did not just think that. Letting out a groan, she covered her face with her hands. Yep, she was totally screwed.



Thanks to Brat, MarstersGirl13, MidnightGirl, lacey, Maddie Mae, txjmfan, BuffyandSpikeForever, and $#^^%&#%& (you know who you are!) for the reviews. You guys are too sweet! Also a big thanks to my current beta, Mac. You rock! Kuddos!
CH. 5 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the crappy summary, but i reallly suck at them, well enjoy! Disclaimer in full effect.
Buffy woke up and groggily looked over at the clock on her nightstand. It was already 9:30. Knowing she needed to get her day started, she crawled out of bed and stretched. It was Saturday, so she could go and do some shopping. Picking up her cell phone, she called Willow to see if she wanted to join her.

“Hello?”

“Hey Wills, what are your plans for the day?”

Willow noticed Buffy sounded like she was in a much better mood than she had been in the day before. Figuring Buffy and Spike must have solved their little living situation she replied happily, “No plans so far, you have something in mind?”

Buffy walked out of her room and nearly dropped the phone. Spike was standing in the kitchenette wearing nothing but a pair of plaid boxer shorts. If she had made any assumptions that he had a nice body, they were most definitely confirmed. His back was to her, but if his abs resembled anything to his back muscles, then he was definitely sculpted like a God.

Willow wondered if Buffy was still on the phone since she hadn’t said anything in quite some time. “Buffy are you still there?”

Willow’s voice snapped Buffy out of her gawking. “Yeah Will I’m still here.” She said almost breathlessly.

Spike heard Buffy’s voice and turned around. Giving her a lopsided grin, he greeted her. “Morning pet, I made tea if you’d like some.”

Buffy merely nodded her head and muttered out, “Uh huh.” Spike grabbed a mug from the cabinet and began to pour her tea as he called over his shoulder “There isn’t any sugar, but I think there might be milk in the fridge.” Buffy merely shook her head ‘no’ and took the offered cup.

Willow thought she heard a man’s voice in the back ground and questioned her friend. “Buffy, do you have a guy in your room?” To say Willow was shocked would be saying the very least.

Buffy suddenly remembered that she hadn’t told Willow about the little meeting at the housing office. “Yeah it’s Spike,” She said off handedly, but then realized how bad that must sound. When Willow didn’t say anything Buffy quickly began to back track. “Oh God NO, not like that. He lives here. I mean, we couldn’t get new rooms because there’s a housing shortage,” She rambled senselessly.

Spike couldn’t help the smirk that crossed his face, she was clearly trying, and very unsuccessful I might add, to explain why there was guy in her room. She was so damn cute when she was nervous.

Willow let out a sigh of relief. “Oh thank God, for a minute there I thought maybe you, well, you know.” Willow knew her friend wasn’t the type to sleep around, but she had joked from time to time about having ‘real’ college fun.

Buffy frowned. “Jeez Will, do you really think that I’m some kind of slut or something.”

Now it was Willow’s turn to back peddle. “Oh God, Buffy no, I didn’t mean it like that, it’s just I heard some guy talking in the background and you know me, imagination girl,” She explained to her best friend apologetically.

Buffy let out a chuckle. “Don’t worry about it Wills, all is forgiven, and hell, I would probably be saying the same thing.” Both girls started to laugh. Once they both sobered, Buffy got back to the reason for her call. “Anyway, the reason I called was I wanted to know if maybe you wanted to go shopping and grab some lunch this afternoon.”

Willow smiled. “Sure I’d love too, I can be at your place in like ten minutes.”

Buffy looked down at her monkey pajama pants and tank top. “Well I haven’t exactly had a shower yet, so how about we meet at the coffee shop on the corner in an hour?”

Willow looked at the clock and noticed it was almost ten. She could do run some errands and still have time to meet her friend. Cheerfully she replied. “Sure that’ll work, I can go by the book store before I meet you. So let’s say 11 o’clock then.”

Buffy smiled brightly. “Sounds good, see you then, Bye.” She ended the call and turned to a smirking Spike. Giving him a wary look she asked “What?”

Spike shrugged his shoulders. “Oh nothing, just noticed you about had a fit trying to explain why you had some hot stud in your room,” He said cockily.

Buffy let out a very unladylike snort. “Well maybe if I HAD a hot stud in my room I would have, but seeing as I don’t, there was no fit having” she retorted, totally lying through her teeth. He really needed to go put some clothes on.

Spike gave her a look that clearly said he thought she was full of shit. He had noticed the way she looked at him with nothing but his boxers on. She was lucky he even had on those, but he didn’t want to scare the poor girl.

Buffy felt a tingling between her thighs from him just standing there partially naked. Pretending to be turned off, she bit out “Do you mind putting on some clothes; some of us want to keep our eye sight.”

Spike curled his tongue and leered at her as he closed the distance between them. “What’s the matter luv, getting all hot and bothered?” He asked suggestively.

He was so close she could feel the heat radiating off of his body. Her heart began to beat violently in her chest. Avoiding his gaze, she pushed him away from her. “As if. God, ego much?”


Spike let out a full laugh. “Sorry pet, but you make it way too easy for me to get to you.”

Buffy let out an exasperated huff. “I’m going to take a shower, so stay away from the bathroom,” she warned.

Spike looked at her with false hurt. “You implying I’m gonna come in and peek on you?”

“Well I don’t really know you. For all I know you could be some pervert who gets off on looking in on people while they are showering,” She said indignantly.

Spike nodded his head and smirked. “Your right luv, you don’t know me very well. But no worries, besides, you don’t have anything I haven’t seen before.” With the last part he let his eyes wander over her suggestively. If he didn’t know any better, he would have said she was turned on by the way he was looking at her. With a satisfied smirk, he simply watched her.

Buffy felt shivers run down her spine at his visual pursuit of her body. It felt like he was undressing her with his eyes and she was now naked before him. She realized she was just standing there, breathing some what erratically. She looked up to see Spike wearing a smirk on his face and broke out of her stupor. With a huff she turned and stomped to the bathroom, slamming the door behind her.

For some reason, he thought the more pissed off Buffy got the more irresistible she became. Taking a ragged breath, Spike hopped onto the couch and began to flick through the channels. He was having a very hard time concentrating knowing that she was only feet away in the hot shower, completely naked. Feeling that all too familiar stirring in his boxer shorts he let out a growl. He was really gonna have to do something about this ‘big’ problem. It seemed like every damn time he turned around he was being plagued with thoughts of ‘her’.

Not wanting to embarrass himself, Spike went to his room and threw on a pair of faded blue jeans, but as soon as she was gone, he was going to have to take his own long hot shower.

Buffy finished getting ready and walked out of the bathroom. Noticing Spike had at least put on some pants she walked over to him. “Well, I’m out.”


Spike looked up from the TV at her. She was wearing a pink halter top and a tight pair if white hip hugger capri’s. He could see the out line of her thong through the thin material. With a mental groan he focused his eyes on her face and replied. “Sure thing, tell Willow hey for me.” He tried to keep his voice impassive, but it sounded slightly strained.

Buffy could hear the forced tone of his voice and frowned slightly. What was his deal? Not wanting to get into it with him, she shrugged it off and headed out the door.

As soon as the door was closed Spike snapped his eyes shut. He had to do something to get his mind off this girl. Getting off the couch, he grabbed his cell phone. Dialing the familiar number he waited impatiently. As soon as they answered he ground out “Angel, why don’t you and the guys and meet me at the rugby field? I REALLY need to get my mind off of something”



Thanks to BuffyandSpikeForever, Crystal Pegasus, txjmfan, Maddie Mae, lacey, MarstersGirl13, blondiebear, spufette, and MidnightGirl for the reviews, you're all way too sweet to me. Kuddos!
CH. 6 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer in full effect!
Buffy and Willow had been shopping for hours and were now sitting at the coffee shop next to the campus. They had talked about almost everything under the sun, but the one subject they both had avoided was Spike. Unable to resist any longer Willow broached the subject.

“So you and Spike are going to share the dorm huh?” She aimed for a casual voice, but cam across slightly eager.

Buffy knew she wasn’t going to make it through the day without her red headed friend asking about her British roomate. “Yes Wills. But like I told you earlier, it’s only because there were no other rooms available.”

“Well, why didn’t one of you move off campus?”

Buffy looked at her like she was crazy. “No way! I am so not moving back home just because the housing office screwed up. And I can’t exactly afford to live on my own……so we just have to put up with one another until they can move one of us,” She said slightly annoyed.

Willow studied hr friend for a bit. Everything she had said was true, but Willow noticed something about her body language that said this situation didn’t bother her as much as she let on. Shrugging her shoulders she replied, “Well at least you live with a decent guy.”

Buffy almost spit the mouth full of coffee she was about to swallow. “Uh Willow, we are talking about the same Spike aren’t we?”

Willow creased her brow in a frown. “Well yeah,” She said confused.

Buffy let out a full laugh. “Well then, you know someone I have yet to meet, because Spike Livingston is anything but a decent guy. Every other thing that comes out of his mouth is dripping with sexual innuendos for God sake.” Buffy said disdainfully.

Willow gave her a surprised look. “Really? He was always such a sweet guy growing up, as a matter of fact, he was my first crush.” She told her friend as a slight blush came to her cheeks.

Buffy stared at her with wide eyes. Holy crap! Willow had had a crush on Spike? Buffy suddenly felt like she was in an alternate reality. Sure he was hot, but to say he was nice was kind of pushing it. Wait a minute, did I just say he was hot? Getting her thoughts straight, she asked “You had a crush on him?” Her voice was full of disbelief.

Willow smiled at her dumb struck friend. “Sure, but I have to admit that at the time, he wasn’t exactly the same person he is today. But even after he changed, to me he was still the sweet William I first had met.”

Buffy thought about what her friend had just said. He was different then. What had made him change so much? Letting an evil smile play at her lips, she asked, “So tell me, what was William like?”

Spike and the guys had been playing rugby all afternoon and decided to take a short break. Getting to beat the shit out of his teammates had helped Spike relax a little, but he still couldn’t get Buffy off his mind. Laying out on the ground, he closed his eyes and tried to relax, but the sound of two familiar voices got his attention. Sitting up he looked in the direction that the voices were coming from. It was Willow and Buffy walking past the practice field. Quickly he jumped up and began to jog in their direction without a word to his friends.


Buffy and Willow were on there way back from the coffee shop as Willow continued to reminisce about what Spike used to be like before the ‘change’ as Willow had put it. This explained quite a bit as to why he acted the way he did toward her. Her original plan was to use the info as a means to get back at him, but after Willow had told her about how badly he had been hurt in the past, her plan just didn’t seem right.

Just as Willow was about to start a new story, she noticed a blond figure running towards them. Squinting slightly, he came into focus and she smiled. “Well speak of the devil.”

Buffy looked in her friend’s direction and caught sight of Spike running towards them. Even though he was all sweaty and dirty, he still looked good, if not better than he had this morning. Biting her bottom lip she muttered “And he shall appear.”

Spike came to a stop in front of the two women. Catching his breathe, he greeted them. “Hey Red, Buffy. How was shopping?”

Buffy tried to concentrate on not staring at his exposed arms. The shirt he was wearing had the sleeves torn off and left an excellent view of well toned biceps. Looking at his face she replied. “Good, we were just on our way back to the room.”

Willow smiled and asked “So, out here playing a little rugby?” Willow had her eyes on one of his fellow team mates, Oz. He looked like your typical boy next door, but there was just something about him that made Willow’s stomach do flip flops.

Spike gave her a lopsided grin. “Yep, got a match coming up. I figured it wouldn’t hurt to practice a bit.”

Buffy looked at him surprised. “I didn’t know you played rugby.” She would have never guessed him to be the athletic type.

He gave her a smirk. “I’m full of all kinds of surprises luv.” Winking at her, he turned to Willow. “Well I guess I’ll talk to you later, yeah?”

Willow smiled at him. “Sure we can catch up later.”

Spike turned to Buffy and gave her a wolfish grin. “And I’ll see you when I get home.” He winked at her again and chuckled at the blush that rose to her cheeks. With a nod he turned and ran back over to his teammates.

Buffy felt her cheeks begin to burn. How was it that something as simple as saying ‘I’ll see you at home’ could send shivers down her spine? She turned to Willow “See, that’s what I’m talking about.” She complained.

Willow shook her head and laughed. This was sure to be interesting. At first she was afraid they’d kill each other, but now, she was more afraid of what the might do to each other. Linking her arm with Buffy’s, she grinned at her. “Buffy’s got a crush on Spike,” she said in a sing song voice.

Buffy let out a huff. “I do not.”

Willow shook her head. “What ever you say Buffy.” She reassured her friend teasingly. She had planted the seed, now all she had to do was sit back and watch it grow.

Spike jogged back over to his friends. He stopped when he saw the questioning smirks on their faces. Scowling, he asked “What the fuck are you looking at?”

Angel, the team captain grinned at him. “Who’s the girl?”

Spike snapped his eyes to Angel. “No one so drop it,” He answered sternly. There was no way in hell he would tell the biggest man whore on earth about his Buffy. Oh shit. I just called her mine. Damn it!

Lindsay gave him a look that said he was full of shit. “Sorry boss, but that little blond was anything but a nobody,” He drawled out in his smooth Midwestern accent.

Gunn chimed in, “Yeah dawg, she was some kind of fine.”

Spike really didn’t like were this conversation was going, so he decide to change the subject. “Do you think we could get back to the game instead of listening to you lust puppies go on about a girl?” He asked completely aggravated.

The guys all laughed and headed back to the field to finish up their game. As the walked to the field, Oz came up next to him. Spike turned to the shorter guy and groaned out “Damn Oz, not you too.”

Oz gave him his regular impassive look. “No, it’s just who was the red head with her?”

Spike noticed a slight smile when he mentioned Willow. Grinning he questioned “Who Red?”

Oz frowned. “Her names Red?” Not that he cared; she could be called the bogey man for all it mattered.

Spike chuckled. “No, her name is Willow. We go way back me and her. Could say somethin’ if you like?” Spike figured he must really like her if he gave up an uncharacteristic smile for her.

Oz shook his head. “Nah, I don’t do the whole set up thing, but if she was to hang out with us some time, that be cool,” He said casually.

Spike took that as a hint to make sure they were both at the same place at the same time. With a grin he replied. “Right, who knows, she might be at our next match or something,” Spike said noncommittally

Oz nodded his head and replied, “Cool”, as they joined the others on the field.

Buffy and Willow made it back to Buffy’s dorm in silence. Buffy was still pouting and Willow was still grinning. Walking in the door, Buffy broke the silence. “Why would you say I have a crush on Spike? For one he is so not my type, and two what is this like 2nd grade? You don’t have crushes in college.” Buffy said in a huff.

Willow laughed at Buffy’s flimsy denial; boy did she have it bad. Buffy glared at her, she really didn’t like being laughed at. Willow sobered slightly and stated matter of factly “Buffy every time I talk about him you go all goofy eyed.”

Buffy gave her friend a shocked look. “I so do not, you must be mistaking goofy eyes for nausea.”

Willow stuck her hand out and said “Hi denial, I’m Willow, nice to meet you.”

Buffy stared at the amused look on Willow’s face. Unable to resist she started laughing. Soon the laughter became contagious and Willow joined in. Buffy wiped a tear from her eye as she gasped out “Willow you’re such an idiot, only you could come up with some stupid crap like that and keep a straight face.”

Willow grabbed at her side and took a deep breath. “Well it’s your fault. If you weren’t all denial girl then I wouldn’t have t take such desperate measures, now would I?”

Buffy took a cleansing breath. Looking to Willow she said “Wills seriously, I don’t have a thing for Spike, and even if I did, which I don’t, he doesn’t think of me that way really, he just enjoys getting a rise out of me. Which just for the record, he is damn good at.”

Willow looked at her skeptically. “Alright, alright I’ll drop it, but when it turns out that I’m right don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

Buffy shook her head. “There will be no me and Spike. That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it,” She said resolutely.

The two friends sat on the couch and talked about their upcoming classes and about how much fun it was going to be this year now that they were both in the dorms. Willow was getting up to leave when Spike walked in the door, stripping as he entered. He was down to his boxers when he looked up at the wide eyed girls standing in front of him. “Sorry ladies, still not used to livin’ with birds yet.” Without even a shred of embarrassment, he headed for the shower.

Buffy and Willow turned to each other with the same look on their faces. Willow put her hand on Buffy shoulder and said “Good luck with that whole ‘I don’t have a thing for Spike’ thing.” With a grin, she turned and walked out the room.

Buff stared at the door that Willow had just walked out of. Hearing something that sounded like singing coming from the bathroom, she turned to the closed door. Screwing her eyes shut, she let out a groan. Yep, she was gonna need all the help she could get.




Thanks to lacey, Brat, MidnightGirl, Mariana, Opal, MarstersGirl13, Sevvy_O, BuffyandSpikeForever, and Stine for the lovley reviews. Also a big thanks to Mac again for the awsome turn around of my chapters, if not for her I wouldn't be able to post as often as I do. Thanks girlie! Kuddos everyone!
CH. 7 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I had the worst day ever and I did'nt get the chance. I will post again this evening to make up for it! Hope y'all enjoy, Kuddos! Disclaimer in full effect.
Buffy had gotten up early the next morning to take a quick run before she showered. It was worth getting up early because when Buffy got back from her run she felt energized and ready for the day. Grabbing a water from the mini fridge, she leaned against the counter and chugged it down in one long gulp. Throwing the bottle in the garbage, she looked up to see Spike walking out of his room still half asleep.

Spike thought he heard someone in the kitchenette, and figured he might as well get up. Throwing on some boxers, he went to make some coffee. While scratching his stomach lazily he looked up and saw Buffy standing in the kitchen wearing a sports bra and a tiny pair of running shorts. Her hair was pulled up in a messy knot on her head and her cheeks were still flush from running. Somehow she still managed to look good.

Buffy rolled her eyes. When was he gonna learn to put some damn clothes on? “Spike I thought we had the conversation already, we don’t walk around in our underwear.”

Spike raised an eyebrow at her as he scratched his head. “You’re one to talk pet, have you taken a look in the mirror lately?” She was wearing a bra for fucks sake. And for that matter, her shorts didn’t leave much to the imagination either.

Buffy looked down at what she had on. She always wore a sports bra and shorts when she ran. Looking back up at him with a frown, she asked. “What’s wrong with what I have on?”

Spike rolled his eyes. Bloody hell, was he really gonna have to spell it out for her? “Well nothing if you’re trying to give every guy on campus a bloody hard on,” He said sarcastically.

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Whatever Spike. I’m going to get in the shower and when I come out I expect you to have some ‘real’ clothes on. You never know who could show up and get the wrong idea,” She said matter a factly.

Spike went about making coffee and called over his shoulder, “Don’t worry luv, your virtue will be safe, besides its bloody nine o’clock in the morning. Who in the hell would pop in at this hour?” As if on cue, there was a knock at there door.

Buffy looked at him with a questioning look and he simply shrugged his shoulders. When Buffy made no attempt to answer the door, Spike let out a huff and said dryly, “I guess I’ll get it.”

Before Buffy could protest that he wasn’t dressed he opened the door to see two very shocked people on the other side. Buffy felt her breath catch. “Mom, Dad, what a surprise,” She greeted with a strained voice.

Spike turned to Buffy with wide eyes. Well this just couldn’t get any better now could it? Turning to Buffy’s parents he greeted them with a nod “Mr. and Mrs. Summers.” With that being said he turned and went to his room to get dressed.

Joyce and Hank stood in the doorway speechless. They had wanted to take their daughter out for a surprise breakfast and instead they had come to find her with a half naked young man in her room. Joyce turned to her daughter with a ‘mom’ look in her eyes, “Elizabeth Anne Summers, you have some explaining to do.”

Buffy smiled weakly at her parents and led them to them living area. Once seated, Buffy explained to them the whole story about how her and Spike’s living situation had come to be. When she finished, Buffy sat back and waited for her parents’ reaction.

Joyce and Hank sat silent until their daughter had finished her explanation. Hank was the first to say something. “Well Buffy, there’s only one thing for me to say,” Hank paused for a moment and then continued. “You will be moving back home as of this afternoon,” He told her resolutely.

Buffy looked at her dad with shocked eyes. “Daddy no! I can’t move back home.” She turned to her mother with pleading eyes for support. “Mom, please tell him not to make me move back home,” Buffy begged.

Joyce looked at her daughter with sympathetic eyes. “Sweetie I know you don’t want to move home, but it isn’t appropriate for a 19 year old girl to live with a young man unsupervised.”

Hank voiced his opinion. “Your mother’s right. No decent girl would allow herself to remain in this kind of living situation. Now, why don’t you go get cleaned up and we can go get some breakfast,” Hank said calmly. In his mind this was no longer up for discussion.

Buffy felt like she was being dismissed as her father always did. Feeling anger take over she said “No. I won’t move. I am an adult now and I can make my own decisions. Daddy, I’m sorry if that makes you mad, but you have to stop treating me like a child.” She stated stubbornly.

Hank stood up from the couch. “Elizabeth this is neither the time nor the place to be having this discussion. Now get dressed so we can go to the house and talk.” Hank told her angrily.

Spike walked out of his room to hear the beginnings of a heated discussion. He had to say something to help Buffy out. Walking over he cleared his throat. “Excuse me, Mr. and Mrs. Summers. I know this may be none of my business, but there is no need for Buffy to leave. I’ll be moving so she can stay here.”

Buffy stared at Spike with wide eyes. What the hell? When did this happen? She couldn’t let him move, he couldn’t afford it. Unwilling to let him do this, she protested. “Spike, you don’t have to do this. Neither one of us is leaving.”

Hank glared at the young man standing before him. “Yes, this is none of your business.”

Joyce placed a hand on her husband’s leg. “Hank sweetie calm down.” Looking over to Spike she said, “I’m sorry I don’t think I heard my daughter correctly, did she say your name was Spike?”

Spike gave her his best charming smile as he offered his hand. “You heard her correctly, but my given name is William. Spike is a nick name I picked up from my rugby mates.” He replied, even though he would never dream of telling her how he had really picked up the name.

Joyce shook the offered hand and smiled at him. “Well it’s nice to meet you William, and please call me Joyce. You’ll have to excuse my husband here. He can be a bit over protective of his baby,” she said as she gestured over to Hank.

Spike turned to Hank. “Mr. Summers, I apologize if I offended you, but I just wanted to clear things up about the current living situation.” Spike new a thing or two about winning over the parents. He had attended one of the most prestigious private schools in England and the girls there came from upper crust families that didn’t think to highly of their daughters going out with supposed hoodlums.

Hank studied the boy for a second before he offered his hand. “Hank Summers,” Spike shook his hand “William Livingston, nice to meet you Sir.”

Hank released his hand and turned to Buffy. “Elizabeth, why don’t you come to dinner this evening so we can talk about what the plans for your living situation.” Hank said I his calm even tone.

Buffy knew her father was still upset with her because he was still using her full name, but the fact that he was willing to talk things out was a good sign. She nodded her head. “Okay Daddy, I’ll be at the house around 6:30, is that okay?”

Joyce smiled at her daughter. “That will be fine dear. Oh and William, you should join us. I know first hand what it’s like to have to live off of college food.”

Buffy turned to Spike with pleading eyes, but he either was ignoring her or just didn’t see because he accepted gratefully. “That would be wonderful Mrs. Summers.”

Joyce nodded her head. “Good, and please call me Joyce.” Spike nodded in agreement. Joyce and Hank rose from their seats and headed to the door. Saying their good byes they left. Buffy closed the door and banged her head against the door.

Spike chuckled at her. “Pet you’re gonna leave a dent in the door if you don’t quit the slamming.”

Buffy turned to him and glared. “This is all your fault you know,” she said accusingly.

Spike looked at her baffled. “How is this my fault? I’m not the one who never told her parents she had a male roommate,” he countered heatedly.

Buffy put her hands on her hips. “Well if you didn’t walk around half naked all the damn time, it might have gone over a bit smoother,” she snapped at him.

Spike let out a groan. “Would you please let the clothing thing die already? My god you act like you’ve never seen a bloke in his underwear before,” he said exasperatedly.


Buffy felt her cheeks blush. It wasn’t her fault she wasn’t some kind of slut bag who went around sleeping with tons of guys. Crossing her arms across her chest she replied, “That’s none of your business.”

Spike let a grin cross his face. “You really haven’t seen a guy in his drawers before have you?” She really was as innocent as she looked.

Buffy simply looked at him and stated, “No I haven’t, sorry to disappoint but I’m not some slut who looks at guys in their underwear all the time.” She sounded like a child, but she really didn’t care.

Spike let out a soft chuckle. “No Summers, I would never dream of it. Listen, if it really does make you as uncomfortable as you say it does, I won’t walk around the room in m’boxers.”

Buffy gave him a smile. “Thank you, I appreciate it.” Spike grinned at her and asked, “So, your car or mine?”

Buffy looked at him confused. “What are you talking about?”

“To go to dinner tonight, are we taking your car or mine?” He asked matter of factly.

Buffy groaned. She had completely forgotten that he had agreed to come to dinner tonight. With a huff she replied, “Mine I guess. It will be easier to get in the gates that way.”

Spike raised a brow at her. “The gates? What do you live in some ritzy neighborhood in Beverly Hills?” he asked jokingly. But his smile faltered when she gave him a look that said he was right on the money.

Buffy felt her stomach knot when he made the joke about her living in Beverly Hills. He was really going to think she was a stuck up bitch now. Glaring at him slightly, she retorted, “So, you must come from big money too if you can afford to go to college half way across the world.”

Spike glared at her. “You’ll be wise to shut your gob. You don’t know anything about me,” he snapped.

Buffy was taken aback by his anger. What had she said to piss him off this time? Crossing her hands over her chest she bit back at him. “Like I care, just make sure you’re ready to leave here at five, alright?”

Spike continued to glare at her. “Fine,” he said between clenched teeth as he turned and stomped off to his room.

Buffy watched as he stormed into his room and slammed the door. Somehow their conversation had turned nasty and she had totally missed the reason why. She would have to just call Willow and find out later. Going to her room, Buffy grabbed her things and took her shower.

Spike paced his room. Reaching in his duster pocket, he pulled out his smokes. He knew there was no smoking allowed in the building, but he really didn’t give a rat’s ass right then. Buffy’s little comment about him coming from money had got him good. He had grown up with the best in life and his parents made sure he never went without, but when his folks split; his dad had completely disowned them. Hell, the only reason he could afford to go to university in the states was because his mum was smart enough to start a college fund for him. He knew it was wrong to blow up at Buffy the way he did, but it was just a touchy subject. With heavy sigh, he walked over to his closet to find something to wear to dinner.



Thanks to Kimber, txjmfan, Brat, Cordykitten, MidnightGirl, lacey, Maddie Mae, anna, Mariana, BuffyandSpikeForever, jennybean, and Stine for the reviews, you guys rock! Kuddos!
CH. 8 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer in full effect.

Sorry for posting so late at night, but I had to deal with a cranky three year old who so didn't want to go to bed. Better late than never right? Enjoy!
Buffy and Spike had avoided each other for the rest of the day . Buffy had called Willow and told her about her and Spike’s little fall out. Willow had explained to her about Spike’s dad and how he had disowned Spike and his mom and had left them with nothing. Buffy felt a pang of guilt for being so nasty to him. She honestly had no clue about his dad. Looking at the clock, she noted it was 4:30. Swallowing her pride, she walked over and knocked on his door.

Spike heard a soft knock at his door. Clearly confused he walked over and answered it. When he opened it he saw Buffy, standing there, looking somewhat nervous. Feeling bad still for snapping at her, he offered her a smile and invited her in. “Come on in luv, I’m just about ready, just give us a sec.”

Buffy looked up when the door opened. Clearly by the smile he gave her he wasn’t mad at her anymore. She was a little surprised though that he invited her into his room. Walking in, she took in the new decor. It was exactly like her room, but with a masculine touch. He had dark curtains on the windows and a navy comforter on the bed. In the corner was an old green comfy chair that looked older than she was. Thinking that the safest place to sit, she walked over and sat down.

Spike smirked as she chose the chair over the bed to sit down on. Taking one last look in the mirror, he turned to Buffy and asked, “So, what do you think?”

Buffy took in his appearance. Gone were the black jeans and t-shirt to be replaced with a royal blue polo that brought out his eyes and a pair of light khaki chinos. He looked hot. Looking back up at his face she gave a look of approval. “You clean up nice.”

Spike smirked at her. “Is that so luv?” He had watched the way she had checked him out and could tell she thought more than just he cleaned up well. With a chuckle he grabbed his cologne off the dresser and put on a few sprits.

Buffy involuntarily sniffed the air after he sprayed his cologne. It was one of her favorites, Cool Water. Swallowing hard she got up from her seat and asked, “Ready to go?”

Spike looked over at her and nodded. Was there a slight strain to her voice? Shaking his thoughts away he held his had out in a gentlemanly gesture. “After you pet.”

Buffy walked out of his room and grabbed her purse of the table. Turning around she stopped him with her hand. “Spike listen, I just wanted to apologize if I said something to make you mad earlier, I shouldn’t have been so nasty about you paying for college, It’s none of my business.”

Spike was shocked. Where the hell did that come from? He’s the one that had yelled at her, and she was apologizing to him? Smiling softly he replied, “No worries luv, s’not your fault. No need to apologize.”

Buffy was hopping he would explain himself to her, but since he didn’t, she wasn’t going to bring it up. With a smile, she walked out the door with Spike behind her.

They pulled up to the gated community and stopped at the gate. Since it was the weekend, there was no guard was on duty. After Buffy punched in the code, the gates opened and she and Spike made their way to Buffy’s childhood home.

Spike took in the nice neighborhood. Not so long ago he too had lived in a place like this. Shaking away his thoughts he turned to Buffy. “So how long have your folks lived here?”

Buffy glanced over at him. “I grew up in this house,” she said as she pulled into the circular drive.

They both got out of the car and made their way up the steps to the front door. Spike was surprised when Buffy rang the doorbell. He was going to say something about it when the door opened to reveal a brightly smiling Joyce.

“Oh good you both made it. Come in, come in.” Spike handed Joyce the flowers he had brought and walked in. Joyce smiled and brought the flowers to her nose. “William these are gorgeous, you shouldn’t have.”

Spike gave her a lopsided grin. “Nonsense, gorgeous flowers for a gorgeous lady,” he said charmingly.

Buffy rolled her eyes. He had insisted she stop on the way to the house to pick up said flowers for her mother. He was such a brown noser, but it most definitely did the trick because her mom was acting like a schoolgirl.

Joyce led them to the formal living room where Hank was sitting, having a drink. Hank stood when they entered the room and studied the young man standing next to his daughter. Joyce excused herself to put the flowers in water. Hank held out his hand to Spike. “William nice to see you again, have a seat. Can I get you something to drink?” He had opted to be polite this time since his wife had promised that if he wasn’t, he would be sleeping in the guest room.

Spike knew Hank was testing to see if he would accept alcohol. “Soda water would be fine.” Hank nodded his head approvingly as he fixed Spike’s drink. Well, he had at least passed that part of his testing.

Buffy felt like her dad was giving him the ‘date’ test. She wanted nothing more than for the floor to open up and swallow her. Looking over at spike she mouthed ‘sorry’ and turned to her dad. “So Daddy how’s work?” she asked trying to distract him.

Hank stared at his daughter. She never asked about his company. Giving her a skeptical look he replied, “Good sweetie.” Hank was about to question her sudden interest when his wife walked in the room.

Buffy let out a silent sigh of relief when her mom came in the room. “Dinner is ready. William I hope roast chicken is okay with you, I wasn’t to sure what you liked so Maggie went with something simple.”

Spike nodded politely. “Chicken is fine. I’m not a picky eater. My Mum always made sure to make me try different foods when I was growing up,” Spike reassured her.

They all sat down at the table as Maggie, their housekeeper, brought out their plates. Spike politely accepted his plate and thanked the kind women. Once everyone had their dinner, they began to eat in silence. Joyce was the first to break the mood. “So tell me William, where did you grow up?”

Spike swallowed the bite in his mouth and took a sip of his water. “I grew up in England in a small village not far from the coast.”

Hank looked over to him and added, “We do a lot of business with London, so I’ve been a few times on business.”

Buffy had no appetite at all. Her parents were treating this occasion as if it were a date. This was so not a date. Buffy dropped her fork on her plate and suddenly all eyes were on her. Giving everyone an apologetic look, she picked her fork up and managed to take a bite of her food.

Spike noticed Buffy was acting strange. She had barely touched her food and she looked as if she might be sick. Getting her attention by tapping her foot under the table, he gave her a questioning look

Buffy felt something brush her foot under the table and she sat ramrod straight in her chair. Eyes going wide, she noticed Spike looking at her. Apparently he had noticed her distressed look and was calling her on it. Shaking her head, she prayed he would drop it for now.

Spike saw her shake her head and took that as a sign to leave it alone. They finished dinner with light conversation about Spike, his childhood and what his intentions were as far as his education. When the table was cleared, they all retreated back to the formal living room.

Buffy relaxed slightly as dinner went on, but she was more than ready to call it a night. She went to sit down in one of the chairs, but her mother and father beat her to it, so she had no choice but to sit next to Spike.

Spike saw her apprehension to sit next to him and frowned. What was with her tonight? She had been acting strangely since the moment they walked in the door. Deciding he was definitely going to ask her as soon as they got in the car, he turned to Joyce. “Dinner was amazing, my compliments to the chef.”

Joyce smiled. “I’ll be sure to tell Maggie. She’s probably in the kitchen right now packing up food for you and Buffy to take with you.”

Buffy looked over at her mom. “Really she doesn’t have to do that Mom.”

Joyce waved her off. “You know Maggie wouldn’t have it any other way. She’s worried that you’re going to wither away now that you aren’t living at home.”

Spike couldn’t help but chuckle. He saw the way she woofed down the pizza the other night. She wasn’t gonna let herself starve.

Buffy threw a look over at Spike. Spike cleared his throat and tried to cover the smirk on his face.

Hank looked at his daughter as he addressed her. “Buffy I’ve done some thinking this afternoon about the whole dorm situation, well, I don’t see why you can’t continue to stay there. William has proved to be a nice young man and since there are no romantic intentions on either of your behalves, I will agree to let you live on campus,” he said, as if he was directing a board meeting rather that talking to his daughter.

Buffy smiled her first genuine smile since they had gotten to the house. Looking at her mother she mouthed ‘thank you’ and then went over to her daddy and gave him a big hug. “Thank you daddy, I promise I won’t disappoint you.” Hank pulled her back and placed a kiss to her forehead. “I know sweetie, I just worry about you is all. You’re still so young and guys can tend to take advantage of that,” he said as he looked at Spike.

Spike knew he was saying this on his behalf. “Don’t worry Mr. Summers, I’ll make sure she stays out of trouble,” he told him reassuringly.

Hank gave him a look and replied, “Yes William I’m sure you will.”

Buffy felt the tension in her fathers voice and decided it was time to go before things could start to go downhill. “Well we better head back to campus. I know I have classes in the morning,” she said as he gave Spike a look that said ‘let’s get out while the getting’s good’.

Reading her loud and clear he got up from his seat and walked over to Buffy. “Right, got an early day tomorrow. Thank you again for the lovely dinner,” he said as Buffy practically dragged him to the door.

Maggie stood at the door with a bag of food in her hand and a smile on her face. “Here you two go. All you have to do is heat it up and it will be good as new.” Buffy hugged Maggie and thanked her for the food.

Joyce and Hank walked Buffy and Spike out and said their goodbyes. Just before Spike got down the steps Hank stopped him. “William, if anything happens to my little girl. I will hunt you down.” he said in a low menacing tone.

Spike swallowed hard and nodded his head. He knew that Hank had every intention of following through with his threat. Hank gave him a satisfied grin and patted his shoulder before he walked back inside the house.

Buffy saw her dad stop Spike and let out a groan. God could this be anymore embarrassing? Plopping down in the driver’s seat she started her car.

Spike slid in the passenger’s side and shut the door. Turning to her he asked, “What the hell was wrong with you tonight? You looked like you couldn’t get out of the house fast enough.”

Buffy pulled out of the neighborhood and glanced over at him. “Not me, you. I couldn’t get you out of there fast enough.”

Her words had stung. Giving her a menacing look he bit out, “If you didn’t want me to go to fucking dinner, then you should have just said so.” He turned and stared out the front window.

Buffy realized what she said had come out all wrong. “No Spike I didn’t mean it like that. What I meant is that you had to sit and go through the whole third degree with my parents asking everything but what size underwear you wear.”

Spike looked over at her and could see she really didn’t mean it how he had taken it. Letting out a chuckle he said, “Well she would have been hard pressed luv, seeing on how I’m not wearing any.”

Buffy cheeks turned scarlet. With a groan she muttered “God Spike, you really are a pig.”

Spike let out a full laugh. “Oink, oink baby!”

Buffy couldn’t help but laugh. Reaching over, she smacked him playfully on the chest and smiled.

He was glad to see that for once she was willing to let loose and just enjoy herself. If it was up to him, from here on out, he was going to make sure she smiled a whole lot more. Getting a serious look on his face he commented “You know you really are beautiful when you smile, you should do it more often,” he said casually.

Buffy stopped at the red light and looked over at him. That was totally not what she had expected to hear from him. Giving him a shy smile, she replied, “Thanks, yours isn’t half bad either.”

Spike actually blushed and nodded his head. They made the rest of the trip in comfortable silence. One thing they both realized on the way home that night was that things were going to be different now and hopefully in a good way.



Thanks to MarstersGirl13, MidnightGirl, Brat, BuffyandSpikeForever, Cordykitten, Mariana, and txjmfan for the reviews, you guys are great! Thanks also to Mac again fotr the lovely beta job, smooches! Kuddos!
CH. 9 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Discalimer in full effect!
Spike and Buffy had been living together for a little over a month and things had indeed gotten better between them. They had fallen into somewhat of a routine. Spike made sure she had the bathroom by 7 am so she could get ready for class and Buffy made a point of not making a big deal out of him walking around in his boxers. Sure there were still little things that grated on his nerves like when she left all her damn body washes and shampoo’s lined in the shower or when she would leave her bra’s hanging to dry out in the open. He felt his masculinity slipping every time he opened the cabinet and saw her feminine hygiene products and Victoria Secret lotions, but he just had to keep reminding himself that she was a woman and these things were a necessity in her eyes.

Buffy found that living with Spike wasn’t so bad. Sure he was a slob sometimes, but he did try to not let their dorm turn into a bachelor pad. She was in the bathroom getting ready for class when she opened the medicine cabinet to get out a Q-tip and saw a box of condoms. She stared at them wide eyed. They hadn’t been there the day before. Grabbing the box, she closed the cabinet, and went to spike’s room. With out knocking, she walked in and threw them at him. “What the hell is this?” she asked angrily with her hands on her hips.

Spike was sitting on the edge of his bed tying his shoes when Buffy stormed in and threw something at him. Picking up the offensive item, he looked at it and looked up at her. “Condoms,” he stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Well yeah, but the question is, what are they doing in my bathroom?”

Spike set the box down on the night stand and turned to her. “No luv, OUR bathroom, and they are in there in case I need one,” he said matter of factly.

Okay not the answer she wanted to hear. Spike had never brought girls back to the room, and for some reason the thought of him doing that made her mad. Crossing her arms over her chest she snapped out “Well don’t think your gonna bring your whores here. If you want to do that sort of thing then I suggest you do it somewhere else.”

Spike at first was shocked and then it turned to anger. “Listen Buffy, I don’t need your permission to have sex in MY own room. Just cause your not gettin’ any doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t.” He regretted saying it the second he saw the hurt flash in her eyes.

Buffy couldn’t hide the hurt in her eyes. He made it very clear that he thought she was incapable of having a guy want her like that. Feeling tears begin to burn her eyes, she turned and walked out of his room without saying a word.

Spike mentally kicked himself. “Bloody hell….Buffy wait.” Following her he grabbed her arm to stop her. “Look at me?” he requested softly. Buffy turned to look at him with glassy eyes. Spike groaned and pulled her to him. “Don’t cry luv, you know I can’t stand it. I’m sorry for yelling at you,” he said as he stroked her hair.

Buffy pulled away from him. “I’m not crying because you yelled at me, hell you do that all the time,” she said dryly. Then she looked at him with insecure eyes. “You made it sound like I couldn’t get a guy. Am I that repulsive?”

Spike wanted to show her how not repulsive she was. The way she was looking up at him with almost child like eyes was killing him. Cupping her cheeks he assured her, “Buffy are you daft? Do you have any idea how bloody gorgeous you are? A guy would have to be deaf, dumb, and blind not to want you.”

Buffy looked into his eyes and saw the sincerity that shown in them. For some reason his eyes seemed bluer than normal. Finding her self getting lost in them she pulled away. “I know you’re just saying that to make me feel better, but thanks,” she said quietly looking any where but at him.

Spike was being pulled in by her huge hazel eyes. It took every once of self control he had not to snatch her up and show her just how beautiful she was. How could she ever doubt how beautiful she was?

Buffy finally looked at him and apologized. “I’m sorry; it’s really none of my business what you do behind closed doors, but do you mind if maybe you didn’t keep them in the medicine cabinet?” she asked meekly.

Spike nodded his head. “Sure, I’ll keep them in my room.” Buffy started to walk away, but he stopped her. “Listen I really am sorry if I hurt you by what I said. You just caught me off guard is all.”

Buffy gave him a weak smile and went back to the bathroom to finish getting ready. Once the door was closed she let out a groan. God what was she thinking? What had possessed her to blow up him like that? She wasn’t his girlfriend so what right did she have to dictate who he brought back to the dorm, plain and simple none. She was thoroughly confused about why she had gotten so upset. Reminding herself that they were roommates and nothing more, she walked out the bathroom and headed to class.

Spike sat in his room replaying what had just happened. Okay yeah, not such a good idea to leave condoms in the bathroom, but it wasn’t like they were used or something. Hell, the box wasn’t even opened yet. For some reason Buffy didn’t like the idea of him bringing other women back to their place. Was she jealous? No, she probably just didn’t want women in and out at all hours of the night, which made sense. She had classes and didn’t want a bunch of racket going on. He tried to think of how he would feel if it were Buffy bringing other blokes back to the room. That thought just seemed to piss him off. Not because he was jealous, but because he didn’t want some prat takin’ advantage of her, right? Not wanting to look to deep into that one, he grabbed his things and went to class.

Buffy got home before Spike and was glad that she didn’t have to face him just yet. She had been thinking about the fight they had had earlier all day and she found herself a little unnerved by the whole situation. In the end she had chalked it up to them spending too much time together, so picking up her cell phone she called Willow.

“Hello?”

“Hey Wills, want to go do something tonight?”

“Hey Buffy, sure. How ‘bout we go to Indigo’s?”

“Great, come on over around 8:30 then?”

“Sounds good, I’ll see you then.”

“Alright, bye,” and she hug up the phone. Just as she set it down Spike walked in the door. Not wanting things to be any weirder, she chirped, “Hey how’s your day?”

Spike was surprised by her cheerfulness, but replied carefully, “Good, you?”

Buffy let out a huff. “Some old same old, oh I’m going out tonight, so don’t wait up.”

Spike shrugged his shoulders as he grabbed an apple from the fridge. “No worries, I’m going out with my mates anyways, so m’not sure when I’ll be in.” Buffy smiled and headed to her room to find something to wear.

Spike realized she didn’t mention who she was going out with tonight and followed her to her room. Lying across her bed he asked nonchalantly “So who’s the hot date tonight?”

Buffy turned from her closet and stared at him. “What are you doing on my bed?”

Spike propped himself on his elbows. “Well you didn’t say who you were going out with tonight, so I figured I’d come ask.”

Buffy grinned at him. “What’s the matter? Going all big brother on me now?” she said playfully.

Spike frowned. “No, just curious,” he said defensively.

Buffy let out a laugh. “Well if you consider Willow a hot date…. Wait a minute, you do,” She realized as she threw a shirt at him.

Spike raised his eyebrows suggestively. “Well then I’ll be sure to be home before you so I can see the kiss good night.”

Buffy gave him a mischievous look. “You wish.” Spike let out a soft moan at the mental picture. Sure Willow was one of his oldest friends, but the thought of two girls kissing would make a good man do wrong.

Buffy heard his soft moan and gave him a look of disgust. “Are you actually thinking about it? Oh Spike gross! Get out of here before I have to wash my comforter,” she demanded completely grossed out.

Spike gave her a look of mock innocence. “What?” When she put her hands on her hips, he relented. “Fine, fine, I’ll go. Take away a blokes fun why don’t you,” he grumbled as he shuffled out of her room.

Buffy shook her head and shut the door behind him. As Spike went to his room he called to her, “You may have been able to kick me out, but you can’t take away my fantasy.”

Buffy shook her head and laughed as she yelled back, “Yeah well that’s as close as your ever gonna get, so enjoy it.” Spike smiled and thought to himself ‘don’t worry I will.’




Thanks to blondiebear, MidnightGirl, anna, MarstersGirl13, lindsay, Flibble, Smitten, BuffyandSpikeForever, Brat, and Brunettepet for the awsome reviews. I am so glad you guys are enjoying it. Kuddos!
CH. 10 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Sorry for not updating sooner, but i was fighting with my latest chapter, hope you guys enjoy! Kuddos! Disclaimer in full effect
Buffy finished doing her hair and was currently looking around the room for her makeup bag. Remembering she had left it in the bathroom, she went and knocked on the door.

“Spike, when you get a second do you think you can set my make up bag out side the door so I can finish getting ready?” she called through the door.

Spike could barely hear her over the running water and told her to just come on in. Buffy hesitantly walked in with the intention of just grabbing her bag and leaving. When she walked in her eyes defied her and looked to the shower curtain on their own accord. The clear shower curtain did little to hide her roommate’s naked body. Feeling a blush rise to her cheeks she quickly grabbed for her bag. Just as she was about to leave, Spike casually popped his head out of the shower.

“Find what you were looking for?”

Averting her eyes from his body she replied, “Yeah, I’ll just let you finish showering.”

Spike shut off the water. “All done, you can have the bathroom. Think you can hand me that towel over there?”

Buffy absently handed him the towel and didn’t dare look in his direction. Spike dried off and wrapped the towel around his waist. Stepping out of the shower he grabbed another to dry his hair. Slinging it over his shoulders, he grabbed a Q-tip from the medicine cabinet. “So where are you girls heading to this evening?”

Buffy looked over at him and her mouth went dry. He stood there with a towel wrapped low on his slender hips and there were still water droplets clinging to his muscle defined chest. Blinking a few times she looked up at him. “Oh uh, Indigo,” she managed to choke out.

Spike tossed the used Q-tip in the garbage. “Sounds like fun. You should probably leave the door open, your face is all flushed from the steam, don’t want to get too hot,” he said completely oblivious as to why she looked flustered.

Buffy felt her cheeks start to burn even more. Had he realized she had been looking at him in the shower? Since he didn’t have on his trademark smirk, she figured not. Smiling at him she replied, “Yeah you’re probably right.” She quickly distracted herself by applying her makeup as he walked out and went to dress in his room.

Spike was sitting on the couch flipping through the channels when he heard someone beating on the door. Spike got up from the couch and answered it. Behind the door stood Angel, Lindsay, and Gunn, ready to go. Spike grabbed his duster and was almost out the door when he heard Buffy call from her room.

“Spike have you seen my tampons?”

Spike let out a groan. Great this was just what he needed, his horn ball friends drooling over Buffy. With and exasperated sigh he bellowed out, “I think there under the cabinet. I’m leaving, bye.” He tried to hurry out the door, but was stopped by three very intrigued men.

“You sly dog, who’s the girl?” Lindsey asked with a wolfish grin as he pushed past the blond man hoping to get a look at the female occupying Spike’s dorm. The other guys followed Lindsey’s lead and walked into the living area looking for the owner of the voice. Angel caught sight of Buffy coming out of her room. Looking over at Spike, Angel smirked. “Well now I see why you spend all your free time at home. Hell if I had a girl like that, I’d never leave the bed.”

Spike turned to look at Angel with cold eyes. “Mind your tongue mate. It’s not like that,” He warned.

Buffy found her tampons and stuck a couple in her purse as she walked in the living room. There stood three good looking guys grinning at her. Oh my god! Please tell me they didn’t just hear that.
Buffy felt her cheeks burn bright red. “Uh, thanks, I found them.” she managed to say despite her embarrassment.

Spike turned to her and flashed her a quick smile. “Right then, we’ll be off then,” he said while trying to push his friends out the door. Gunn put a hand to Spike chest to stop him. “Aren’t you gonna introduce us to your friend?” he asked never taking his eyes off Buffy.

Spike let out an exasperated sigh; he might as well get this over with now. Turning to Buffy he pointed to each one as he said, “These are my mates Angel, Gunn, and Lindsey.” Turning back to his friends, he gave them a pointed look as he introduced Buffy. “And this is my ROOMMATE Buffy.”

Gunn pushed his way forward to stand in front of Buffy. Giving his sexiest smile he said, “Damn Girl, you sure do beat the hell out of my goofy lookin’ roommate.”

Buffy blushed. “Hi, Gunn is it?” Gunn nodded his head. “Yeah that’s what my friends call me. Nice to meet you Buffy.”

Lindsey stepped forward. “So are you gonna join us this evening?” he asked in a smooth drawl.

Oh yeah, she could get used to this. She had never been the center of a man’s attention before, let alone three, and she had to admit, it felt good.

Turning to Lindsey she gave him an apologetic look. “’Fraid not boys, I have other plans this evening.” She noticed the tall dark haired guy hadn’t said anything. He just stood there and leered at her with a grin on his face. Sure he was good looking, hot in fact, but he was making her slightly uneasy under his intense gaze.

Angel stayed next to Spike just watching the girl. She was gorgeous. He knew for a fact that’s why Spike had never mentioned her before. Never taking his eyes off her he said, “Alright guys, we better get going, Oz is meeting us at Baller’s with some other guys from the team.”

Spike let out a sigh of relief and muttered under his breath, “Thank God,” as his friends began to shuffle towards the door. Spike walked over to Buffy and leaned in close so only she could hear. “Next time my mates come by, do you think you could wear let’s say… oh, I don’t know, maybe some clothes?” His voice had a slight edge to it.

Buffy looked down at her clothes. She was wearing a pair of black leather pants and a red halter that tied at the neck and back. Sure the top did little to cover her midriff, but it wasn’t indecent by any means. Buffy looked up at him with a raised brow. “Well at least I have clothes on ‘Mr. I like to walk around in my underwear’,” she countered.

Spike gave her an exasperated look. “Listen I got to go, we can talk about this later,” he said leaning in and kissing her quickly on the cheek.

Buffy looked at him like a deer caught in headlights as she brought her hand to the spot where he had kissed her cheek. Where the hell had that come from? He had NEVER kissed her before. Granted it was barely a peck to the cheek, but it was still a kiss nonetheless.

Spike shocked himself as well when he placed a chaste kiss to her cheek, and apparently by her reaction he had surprised her too. Thankful that his friends couldn’t see her startled, he smiled at her and said, “I’ll see you when you get home. Be good.”

Buffy covered her shock quickly and tried to smile back. “Sure, see you when I get home. Have fun,” she said in a wavering tone.

The guys left as Willow arrived at the dorm. After they all said quick hellos and good byes, Willow walked over to Buffy with a bright smile. “So you ready to go shake your groove thang?”

Buffy turned to Willow with an absent look and stated, “Spike kissed me.”
Willow’s eyes nearly fell out of her head “What? Oh my god, are you serious? When?”

Buffy touched her cheek as if to make sure it was still there. “Just now, before he left.”

Willow looked at her surprised. “Wow, in front of all his friends? So was it a good kiss?” The last part she asked as she raised her eyebrows suggestively.

Buffy looked at her shocked. “WILLOW! It was a peck on the cheek for god sake not tonsil hockey,” she said defensively.

Willow’s excitement instantly deflated. “Oh. Well then I wouldn’t read too much into it, it was probably just a friendly kiss goodbye,” she said disappointedly.

Buffy, in turn, raised a brow at her friend. “Try not to sound too disappointed,” she replied sarcastically.

Willow gave her a knowing look. “Buffy, I told you before that I thought you were crushin’ on him. It’s only a matter of time before things get a little more ‘friendly’ between you two.”

Buffy looked at her like she was crazy. “Please, nothing and I repeat NOTHING is ever going to happen between me and Spike. We are just roommates and that is all and that’s all it will ever be. End of story,” she said resolutely.

Willow shrugged her shoulders. “Yeah it’s probably for the best anyways, you know so there’s no weird awkwardness between you.”

Buffy nodded in agreement. “Right, because we have enough problems as it is,” she replied as she grabbed her coat and purse so they could leave. Willow walked out the door with a smile on her face. The seed was definitely growing at a fast pace.

Spike and his friends sat around the Sports bar playing pool. They had ragged on him the whole way there about Buffy, but he did his best not to bite each and every one of their heads off. It was really getting under his skin the way they talked about her. She wasn’t just some random girl, she was his Buffy. Noticing he was low on beer, he set his pool stick down and looked over to Angel. “Hey mate, I’m goin’ to the bar, need a refill?”

Angel shook his head no. “Nah, I’m good. Hurry up, I got next game.” Spike left and headed to the bar.

He was standing there waiting for the bartender to take his order, when he noticed a blonde chick ogling him from the end of the bar. He merely nodded in greeting and smiled. She apparently took it as an invitation because she walked over and leaned next to him on the bar.

“Well hey there gorgeous, what your name?” The blond purred

Spike looked over at the busty blond and grinned. “Well hey yourself. The names Spike.”
The blond raised a brow. “Mmm Spike huh, well I’m Harmony and I would love to find out just how you got that name Spike,” she said seductively as she ran her finger down his chest.

Spike curled his tongue behind his teeth and leaned in close. “Oh would you now? ” his voice came out as a deep rumble in his chest.

Harmony looked up at him with hooded eyes. “Mhmm, how bout we go back to your place and we can do just that?” she let her finger trail to the waist of his jeans.

Spike thought about her offer for a moment and then Buffy’s face popped into his head. All thoughts of shagging the blond before him went straight out the window. Backing up slightly, he removed her hand from his waistline. “Sorry pet, I’m gonna have to take a rain check on that one, maybe some other time.”

Harmony looked at him with shocked eyes. “Are you serious? I just asked you to leave with me, and you’re saying no?” she asked disbelievingly.

Spike gave her an apologetic smile. “Not that it’s not a right temptin’ offer, but I have a roommate who wouldn’t think to highly of bringin’ some strange chit back to our room,” he explained.

He ordered his beer and was about to walk away when Harmony stopped him. “Spike if you’re ever interested, here’s my number. Give me a call sometime, it could be interesting,” she said as she placed a small piece of paper in his hand, and placed a kiss to his lips.

Spike watched the blond saunter off and shook his head. Some girls had no shame in telling a guy just what they wanted. Walking back over to his friends he took a long sip of his beer and picked back up his pool stick.

Angel had watched while Spike was at the bar talking to the blond everyone knew as Harmony. He himself had taken her home a few times, but both times he had hastily pushed her out the door the next morning. Angel noticed Spike gave her the brush off and wondered if it had anything to do with the cute little blonde that would be waiting for him when he got home. Determined to find out, Angel tested the waters.

“So Spike, who was the girl at the bar?” He asked nonchalantly.
Spike looked over at Angel and shrugged his shoulders. “Just some chit who wanted to get to know me better s’all.”

Angel nodded his head. “Man if I were you, I would take her up on her offer, she was hot,” Angel said in a sly tone.

Lindsey and Gunn were standing back at the table. Lindsey leaned over and whispered, “But not as hot as the little thing he’s livin’ with.”

Gunn nodded his head. “I heard that.”

Spike took his shot and the looked back to Angel. “Well then help yourself cause I’m not interested, got her number if you want it,” he said off handedly.

Angel waited a bit before he drew Spike in. With a wolfish grin he said, “Nah, that’s okay. But speaking of blonds, your roommate sure is cute. Maybe I should take her out sometime, you know, show her a good time,” he said suggestively. Angel waited for Spike’s reaction. Bingo, there it was. Flat out rage.

Spike stopped mid shot and looked up at Angel with cold eyes. “You’ll stay the fuck away from her. She’s not one of your little whores you can toss aside in the morning. Buffy’s not like that,” he said through clinched teeth.

Lindsey and Gunn sat back and waited to see what would happen between their two friends. Angel looked smug while Spike just looked pissed. Gunn and Lindsey both sat ready to jump between the two if they decided to start throwing punches.

Angel put up his hands in surrender. “Easy now, I was just merely mentioning taking her out, that’s all. No need to get testy,” he said calmly. Oh yeah, Angel knew that his friend had it bad, but he just had to make him realize it.

Spike continued to glare at Angel. He would cut off his own prick before letting Angel lay a hand on Buffy. He knew his friend all to well. He was the king of pump and dump. There was probably a bloody club of girls that had been the tragic victims of Angel O’Shea. Letting go of some of his anger he said ,“Well just leave her alone alright, remember I have to live with her and I don’t want to have to hear her snivelin’ about how you did her wrong.”

Gunn and Lindsey both relaxed when some of the tension lifted between the two. Angel looked over at his friend and nodded. “Fine I won’t ask her out, but just out of curiosity, are you interested in her?” Angel asked innocently.

Suddenly all eyes were on him. And the million-dollar question had been asked, was he interested in Buffy? Boy, now if that wasn’t a loaded question, Spike didn’t know what was. Looking back at his friends he was about to answer when hew noticed them staring over his shoulder. Turning to see what the fuss was, he saw Buffy and Willow walk in the door. With wide eyes he said out loud, “Oh fuck!”



Thanks to lindsay, Brat, MarstersGirl13, PK, MidnightGirl, txjmfan, Brittney, BuffyandSpikeForever, Mariana, Cordykitten, nmb, Brunettepet, and Sevvy_O for the sweet reviews, love y'all bunches! Kuddos!
CH 11 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
You don't know how stoked I am to see how much you guys are enjoying this *insert snoppy dance here*. You can thank Mac, my beta, for the tampon bit in the last chapter, it was just too damn funny to pass up! Hope you guys enjoy! Kuddos! Disclaimer in full effect!
Buffy and Willow had been at Indigo for a little over an hour and they were starting to get bored. Buffy was tired of random guys coming up and just grabbing at her like a piece of meat. Pulling Willow off the dance floor she shouted over the music, “Hey you want to get out of here, this scene is staring to get played out.”

Willow let out a sigh of relief. “I thought you’d never ask,” she shouted back. Buffy grabbed her friend’s hand and led then to the entrance where they could get there coats. Once out side away from all the loud music, Buffy turned to Willow and asked, “So now what? I don’t really want to go home yet, but I can’t think of anything else to do.”


Willow smiled mischievously, grabbed her friend’s hand and started dragging her in the direction of a certain sports bar. “I know just the place.”

Buffy stood out side of ‘Ballers’, the small college sports bar that everyone from campus hung out at. With a hesitant look she started to walk in. The bar wasn’t too crowded and it was much quieter than the club. Buffy scanned the crowd and caught sight of a certain bleached blond. Turning to Willow she said in a panicked voice, “Crap Willow, Spike’s here.”

Willow pretended to be shocked. “Oh my gosh, are you serious?” She would have been able to play it off if she hadn’t been grinning.

Buffy scowled at her friend. “You knew he would be here didn’t you?” she said accusingly.

Willow gave her best innocent look. “Of course not, but since he’s here let’s go say hi,” she said cheerfully as she dragged Buffy in the direction of Spike and his friends.


Spike stared as Buffy Willow came toward them. Spike quickly turned back to his friends and warned “I swear if any one of you says a thing about her, I’ll rip your head off and piss down your throat. Got it.” They all just laughed at him, which only fueled his fire. Meeting the girls half way he inquired, “What brings you two here? I thought you were goin’ clubbin.’”

Buffy glared over at Willow before turning to Spike. “Well the club scene got old so we decide to leave. WILLOW here,” she said pointedly as she gestured to the red head next to her, “thought it would be a good idea to come and see what was happening here.”

Willow waved a hand at Spike. “Oh Buffy’s just mad because… Ow, that hurt,” Willow said grabbing her arm where Buffy had pinched her.

Buffy smiled sweetly at her. She turned back to Spike and said, “Don’t worry, we’re not staying, so I guess I’ll see you when you get home.”

Spike was somewhat relieved she decided not to stay, but didn’t have long to enjoy it because Angel walked up and placed an arm around both their shoulders. “Don’t be silly, you guys can hang out with us tonight, isn’t that right Spike?” He said smoothly as he grinned at Spike.

Spike glared at Angel and managed to say, “Sure, we’d love for you to hang out with us.”

Willow smiled brightly and Buffy looked over to Spike with apologetic eyes. Spike gave Buffy a reassuring look that said it was fine, and they all walked over to the table.

Angel grinned foolishly as he approached the table with Buffy and Willow in his arms. “Hey guys look who I brought back with me.”

Buffy waved and removed herself from Angels arm. “Hey Guys. This is my friend Willow.” She then gestured to the guys sitting down. “And this is Gunn and Lindsey.” Then pointing to the tall brunette who still had his arm draped over Willow’s shoulder, she added, “And the guys whose arm you’re under is Angel.” Willow looked up at Angel and blushed. Angel winked at her and gave her a shoulder a squeeze before he removed his arm.

Spike was on edge as he watched Angel escort Buffy and Willow to the table. He physically relaxed when he saw Buffy pull out of Angel’s grasp. Keeping an eye on them, he continued playing pool.

They all sat around joking comfortably and talking about school. Spike never let his eyes leave Buffy. He was going to make sure none of his friends tried to get fresh with her. He wasn’t exactly jealous, but his friends could be sleazy with girls sometimes.

Buffy noticed Spike was always looking at her. He was starting to make her a little self-conscious. Walking over to him she pulled him aside. “Is something wrong? You’ve been looking at me as if I had something awful growing out of my face.”

Spike tried to look indifferent. “Please, I wasn’t staring at you.”

Buffy raised a brow at him. “Oh really, could have fooled me,” she said skeptically.

Spike smirked at her. “Well I might have looked once or twice, but only because your tits looked like they were about to come out your top,” he said slyly.

Buffy grabbed at her chest and blushed furiously. Spike let out a full laugh. “Don’t worry luv, couldn’t see…..much.”

Buffy punched him in the arm and tried to glare at him but couldn’t hide her grin. Spike threw an arm over her shoulder and led her back to the table with everyone else.

Buffy sat on one of the stools and watched as Spike played pool. He looked really good when he leaned over the table and curled his tongue just before he took his shot. Buffy was finally admitting to herself that Spike wasn’t too bad looking . But that’s as far as it went. She was startled when Angel pulled up a chair next to her. Looking over at him she smiled politely.

Angel pulled up a seat and smiled. “So is this your first year in the dorms?” he asked conversationally.

“Yep. It figures that I would get stuck with a guy room mate, that’s just my luck,” she replied.

Angel frowned. “What you don’t like living with Spike? I thought you guys looked like you got along okay.”

Buffy shook her head. “No nothing like that, well at first it was bad, but I guess we get along well now. The Truth is we hardly ever really see each other, so maybe that’s why,” she said jokingly as she looked up to see Spike frowning at her. Her first reaction was to look down at her top, but when she found it in place, she looked at him questioningly.

Angel noticed the scowl on Spike’s face. Looking over to Buffy he saw her trying to figure Spike out. Angel leaned over and commented, “Don’t worry about Spike. He’s just got his panties in a twist cause he thinks I’m trying to hit on you.”

Buffy turned back to Angel surprised. “Really? Well are you?” she asked at first shocked and then turned playful.

Angel grinned. “Well if I said no, I’d be lying, but I know you’re not interested in me,” he said knowingly.

Buffy raised a brow at him. “Is that so? And you know this how?”

Angel gave her a look. “Buffy, I know I’ve only known you for a couple hours, but I’ve known Will a bit longer. The way you two look at each other screams unresolved sexual tension.”

Buffy crossed her arms over her chest defensively. “Well you’re wrong. Spike and I are just roommates, so don’t’ go reading too much into it, alright,” She said in a warning tone. She didn’t know why, but what Angel had said made her mad. Maybe it was because what he said carried a flicker of truth. Not wanting to get into it she got off her stool and excused herself.

Spike watched as Buffy and Angel talked. At first their conversation had started out pleasant, but then all of a sudden Buffy had gotten a defensive look to her and then she walked a way to the bathrooms looking upset. Spike was on Angel in two strides. “What did you say to her?” He bit out through clinched teeth.

Angel held his hands up. “Calm down, I didn’t say anything. Damn Will, you act like I tried to pounce the poor girl.”

Spike knew Angel was starting to get pissed because he had called him Will. Backing up, he looked at his friend. “Well one second you’re talking, the next she leaves upset. What do you expect me to think?”

Angel shrugged his shoulders. “Well all I said was that I thought you two might have something between you. Hell a blind man could see it,” Angel said matter of factly.

Spike let out a huff. Great all he needed was someone else noticing sparks between him and Buffy. He looked in the direction of the bathroom and then back at Angel. “Well listen mate, just leave it alone alright,” he asked softly.

Angel was taken aback by the way his friend had responded, he figured he would bite his head off or something. Studying him for a moment he asked again, “Do you like her?”

Spike looked at Angel with confused eyes. “Couldn’t say mate,” Spike replied and then turned to go to the bar for another beer.

Buffy stood in front of the broken mirror in the restroom. Why was everyone trying to say she had a thing for Spike? She was sure she knew she didn’t want to be with him like that, but with everyone dropping little bugs in her ear, she was beginning to doubt herself. She could really use a drink right now. Leaving the bathroom, she walked over to the bar. Spike was waiting for his drink, so she decided to go talk to him.

Spike saw Buffy walk out of the bathroom and walk towards him. Leaning against the bar, he took a long sip of his beer.

Buffy walked up to him and smiled. Turning to the bartender she placed her order. “Bud Light.” The bartender looked at her skeptically, but handed her the long neck. Buffy flashed him a dazzling smile and went to pay him. Spike placed his hand over hers. “Hey Mike, just put it on my tab,” he said to the bartender. Mike just nodded and went to help another customer.

Buffy raised her bottle in salute. “Thanks,” she said before she took a long swig of her beer.

Spike looked at her with a raised brow. “Never would have thought of you as a beer drinker luv,” he said slightly surprised.

Buffy gave him a wicked grin. “Well there’s a lot you don’t know about me Spike.”

Spike chuckled. “Is that so pet?”

“Yeah,” she said as she smiled at him.

Spike looked at her with deep eyes. “Well I’d say we need to fix that then,” he said suggestively

Buffy looked at him in his eyes. There was something about his voice that was making her skin feel all hot and tingly. Fortunately, Willow chose that moment to walk up.

Willow saw Buffy at the bar and decided she could use a drink as well. Completely oblivious to the heated stare down between the two blonds she chirped, “Hey guys, what you doin’?”

Buffy snapped out of her trance and turned to her friend. A little unsure of her voice, she waited a minute before she spoke. “Hey Wills, Spike was just buying me a beer, wasn’t that nice?” she said nervously.

Willow could now tell that she had apparently walked in on something, but decided not to make mention of it. “Yeah, that was sweet. So after I get my drink you wanna play some pool?” She asked Buffy.

Buffy gave her a smile. “Sure, but I have to warn you, I’ve never played before.” Willow waved her off. “Don’t worry; we have the world’s best teacher here tonight.”

Buffy looked at her confused. Willow gave her a sneaky grin. “Spike’s the one who taught me to play, and we all know I’m the best billiard ever.”

Buffy looked over at Spike. “Well since you’re the best, teach away,” Spike smiled at her and bought Willow a drink before heading back to the group.

Once Buffy finished most of her beer, she, Spike, and Willow went to one of the back tables so Spike could teach Buffy to play. Buffy found a stick she could use and stood awaiting instructions.

Spike had a bad feeling about this, but she just looked too excited to tell her no. Standing next to her he started to tell her what to do. “Alright now pet, lean over and rest the pool stick on your hand like this,” he said as he showed her with his own pool stick.

Buffy tried to copy his moves, but couldn’t seem to get it right. Looking over at him with a pout she asked with a whine, “Help?”

Spike could feel his jeans begin to tighten as she jutted out her lip. Mentally kicking himself for getting himself into this in the first place, he stood behind her and bent them over the table. Taking her hands in his he placed her fingers on the stick and showed her how to hold it properly. He unconsciously inhaled deeply. Her hair smelled like jasmine and vanilla. Buffy wiggled slightly and he felt himself grow harder. He put a little bit of distance between them so she wouldn’t notice how much this was really affecting him as he helped her take her shot.

Buffy felt her breath catch when his strong body leaned her over the pool table. As his fingers intertwined with hers she closed her eyes for a second and enjoyed the feel of them. Who would have thought a simple game of pool could be so erotic. Getting control of herself, she concentrated on what he was showing her, no sense in putting herself through this kind of torture again. She wiggled slightly and felt something hard press against her bottom. Her eyes went wide and she almost let out a gasp. If that was what she thought it was, then OH MY GOD! She was about to call it quits when Spike put some distance between their bodies and helped her take the shot. Buffy watched as the two balls dropped in the hole. Turning around she shrieked and wrapped her arms around him as she jumped up and down excitedly. “Oh Spike did you see that, I made the balls go in the hole!”

Spike mentally groaned as she jumped up and down in his arms. Her body was pressing in all the right places and he was finding it very hard to breath.

Buffy thought about what she just said and mentally kicked herself. Pulling away she blushed. “What I meant to say was I made the shot.”

Spike was grateful she had stopped bouncing on him like that and forced a smile. “You sure did pet, but I think that’s enough lessons for this evening. How bout you and Red finish your game and I head back over to the guys. When you’re done I’ll walk you two back to the dorms.”

Buffy frowned but agreed. Looking over at a very amused Willow, she shrugged and took another shot. Apparently she was a fast learner because she cleared the table, well almost.

Willow had watched Buffy and Spike the whole time he was showing her how to play. You could almost hear the sparks crackling between them. She noticed Spike trying to discreetly shift himself and the shocked look on Buffy’s face when she felt the evidence of his arousal. Willow had to bite back the urge several times not to laugh out loud. At the rate they were going the seed Willow had planted was soon going to be a full garden.

Buffy and Willow played pool till around 12:30 and decided to call it a night. Walking over to Spike, Buffy tapped him on the shoulder. Spike turned to her and grinned. “So how’d you do pet?”

Buffy smiled proudly. “I beat her twice thanks to my good teacher.”

Spike got a sudden picture of Buffy in a schoolgirl outfit and pigtails telling him what a good teacher he was. Shaking away his naughty thoughts, he nodded his head. “Great, ready to go?”

Buffy shook her head and grabbed her coat. The friends all said their goodnights and promised to get together again sometime. Spike and the girls took their time walking back to the dorms just talking. Spike and Willow took the time to catch up with what the other had been up to. When they reached Willow’s building, she hugged them both goodnight and said she would call later this weekend.

Spike watched as Willow safely made it to her room. She blinked the light twice as her signal and Buffy and Spike turned to walk to their room.

Buffy felt slightly chilled so she linked arms with Spike and shoved her hands in her pockets. They walked the rest of the way in comfortable silence. When they reached their door, Spike turned the lock and opened the door for her.

Buffy pulled off her shoes and tossed them to the floor. With a moan of pleasure she said, “Oh god, my feet are killing me.”

Spike laid his duster over the back of the couch and turned to her. “If you like I can rub your feet for you?” he asked.

Buffy considered it for a moment, and then shrugged. “Sure, just let me get out of these clothes then you can rub away.” Buffy cringed at her words. God she really needed to stop doing that.

Spike let out a laugh. “Well pet, if you insist.” Buffy rolled her eyes. “Ha, ha, you know what I meant,” she said dryly as she went to her room to change.

Spike took the opportunity to change his own clothes. Throwing on a pair of basketball shorts he had found in the corner of his room he walked back into the living room. Buffy was already sitting on the couch in a pair of boxer shorts and tank top. She smiled up at him wiggling her toes at him.

When Buffy had come out of her room Spike was gone. Figuring he went to get changed, she waited for him on the couch. When he came out in nothing but a pair of shorts she had to keep herself from staring at his tight abs

Spike plopped on the couch and put her feet in his lap. Taking one small foot in his hands he began to rub, applying pressure in all the right places.

Buffy let out a soft moan at his ministrations. God did this feel good. Looking at him with half closed eyes she commented on his work. “God Spike, you have no idea how nice that feels,” she said breathily.

Spike grinned. So his kitten liked to be rubbed did she? “Glad you like. You should see what I do for backs. I can make all those little knots disappear.”

Buffy closed her eyes and just enjoyed her foot massage. “I’m sure you can,” she murmured.

Spike finished one foot and started on the other. He noticed she had been quiet for a while and wondered if she had fallen asleep. Quietly he called to her, “Buffy? Are you asleep?”

When she didn’t answer, he removed her feet from his lap and stood up. Carefully he scooped her up in his arms. When she instinctively wrapped her arms around his neck, he closed his eyes. God she felt good in his arms. Slowly he carried her to her room and placed her in her bed. Pulling the covers over her, he placed a kiss to her forehead and whispered, “Sweet dreams princess.”

Taking one last look at her, he noticed a soft smile play at her lips. Fighting the urge to kiss said lips he quietly slipped out her room and went to his own bed.



Thanks to Brat, spuffette, MidnightGirl, anna, Cordykitten, Stine, MarstersGirl13, Brunettepet, flibble, BuffyandSpikeForever, lindsay, nmb, Sevvy_O, jennybean, txjmfan, and Smitten for the reviews, you guys kick ass!
CH. 12 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Hope you guys are still enjoying! Disclaimer in full effect!
Buffy woke up the next morning, surprised to find herself in her bed. She remembered being on the couch and Spike rubbing her feet. Apparently she must have dozed off at some point and he had brought her to bed. Smiling at the thought, she got out of bed and went to the bathroom.

Walking into the living room, she noticed his door was open and he was still asleep. Not wanting to disturb him, she walked over to shut his door, but was stopped by a sleep filled voice.

“Mornin’ luv, sleep good?” Spike asked as he propped himself up in the bed. He heard her when she went to the bathroom, but just hadn’t managed to get himself out of the bed yet.

Buffy looked up at him. He looked adorable with his sleep tousled hair and sleepy eyes. Smiling shyly she replied, “Like a rock. Sorry if I woke you, but I was just gonna shut your door before I turned on the TV.”

“No worries luv was already awake. Just bein’ lazy is all,” He assured her as he crossed his arms behind his head and leaned against the head board.

Buffy noticed when he raised his arms that the sheet covering his waist had ridden down low on his slender hips. Unable to avert her eyes, she simply stared at him.

Spike noticed Buffy staring at him, well better yet at his lap. Glancing down, he saw that the sheet was barely covering his bits and pieces. With a smirk he asked, “See somethin’ you like pet?”

Buffy looked up at him with wide eyes. She was so busted. Felling her cheeks burn bright red she opened and closed her mouth as if to say something but no words came out.

Spike let out a laugh. “Only natural that one of these days you’d get curious and sneak a peak.”

Buffy didn’t know what to say. She was blatantly staring at him and had been caught. With a huff she said, “Whatever, I wasn’t looking at you. I was just zoned out is all,” desperately trying to cover up.

Spike raised a brow at her disbelievingly. “Right, you keep telling yourself that luv.” Slinging his legs over the side of the bed, he grabbed the boxers that were sitting on the floor and pulled them on and up in one swift move.

Buffy saw him sit on the edge of his bed and turned her eyes. She knew for a fact that he had nothing on under the sheets. Why did he insist on being so open with his nudity?

Spike saw her turn her head and shook his head. “Don’t worry, m’all covered up.”

Buffy turned to him and rolled her eyes. “Please. What makes you think I want to look at you?” She asked indignantly.

Spike walked over to her and stopped right in front of her. “Never said you did luv,” he said as he brushed past her to go to the kitchen.

Buffy could feel the heat coming off his chest as he brushed against her. She crossed her arms over her chest and begged her body to not react to his touch, but apparently her body wasn’t listening because there were two very evident knots under her thin tank top. Walking back to her room, she grabbed a sweatshirt and threw it on.

Spike looked at her quizzically when she walked out of her room with a sweatshirt on. “Cold luv?”

Buffy instinctively looked down at her chest and then back to him. Spike let out a full belly laugh. Buffy glared at him and snapped out “What the hell are you laughing at?”

Spike wiped the tears from his eyes and looked up at her. “You luv. I ask if your cold and you automatically look to see if your high beams are on,” he said playfully.

Buffy continued to glare at him. “God you are such a pig. Any descent guy would just have said nothing and kept his rude comments to himself,” she said angrily.

Spike grabbed the tea he had made for himself and went to the couch. “Well aren’t you the one who always says I’m a pig? Don’t want to disappoint,” he called over the couch.

Buffy plopped next to him on the couch and crossed her arms in a pout. Spike looked at her out of the corner of his eyes and figured he better quit picking on her. Changing the subject he asked “So what are your plans today?”

Buffy let out a sigh. “Don’t know. Hadn’t really thought about it, why?”

Spike turned to her. “Well maybe we could hang out today, get to know each another a little more.”

Buffy wrinkled her brow. “But you do know me; you live with me for god sakes. How much better can you know me?”

Spike grinned, that question could be taken so many different ways. Not wanting to piss her off, he opted for the cleaner version. “Sure I know you, but I want to know about you. You know like if you have any talents or what your major is for that matter.”

Buffy realized they really didn’t know each other. Thinking it couldn’t hurt, she agreed. “Sure why not. How about we go to the promenade and have some lunch and we can play a little game of twenty questions.”

Spike took a sip of his tea and nodded his head. “Sounds like a plan. We can get ready and then head out, yeah?” Buffy agreed and went to go get ready. Spike finished his tea while waiting for Buffy to finish with the bathroom. Once they were both ready, they headed out the door to get to know one another a bit more.


“Okay your turn,” Buffy said as she took a bite of her salad. They had grabbed some lunch from the deli and were sitting in common area of the promenade. They had just got into the questions and Buffy found that Spike was really quite interesting. He was going to school to become a lawyer. He was an only child and he liked sports. He secretly loved to write and was once in a band back in England.

“Right then, what is you major?” he asked.

Buffy didn’t even have to think twice. “Pre-med. I would love to be a pediatrician some day, or even work on a maternity ward, get the chance to be around all those babies,” she said wistfully.

Spike had to smile at the way her eyes lit up when she talked about what she wanted to do with her life. She would make a great doctor one day. She just had a way of making people feel at ease.

Buffy smiled and said, “Okay it’s my turn.” Spike took a bite of his sandwich and mumbled around his food “Shoot.” Buffy thought for a minute. She knew all about the normal stuff from Willow, but she wanted to know something a bit more personal. With a serious face she asked, “Have you ever been in love?”

Spike nearly choked on his food. Coughing a few times, he looked up at her. “Where the bloody hell did that come from? I thought we were sticking to the basics here.” Buffy shrugged her shoulders. “We never said anything about what questions we had to ask, now spill.”

Spike studied her for a minute. Why did she want to know if he’d ever been in love before? It wasn’t something he really liked to talk about. Truth of the matter it still hurt. Hesitantly he answered, “Yes, I’ve been in love before.” He wasn’t able to hide the hurt in his voice.

Buffy instantly felt bad for asking when she heard the hurt in his voice. Shamefully she hung her head. “Sorry, that was none of my business. I shouldn’t have asked.”

Spike placed a hand over hers. “S’alright pet,” he told her reassuringly. With a wicked grin he added, “But now it’s my turn.”

Buffy braced herself for the worst. Spike put his finger to his chin thoughtfully. After making her wait, he asked, “What do you expect to get out of our living situation?”

Buffy wasn’t expecting that at all, she figured he would ask her something embarrassing. Thinking for a minute, she looked at him with sincere eyes. “Well at first I thought it would be a fate worse than death to have to share a room with you,” she paused thoughtfully and then continued. “But now, I guess I expect to get a new friend out of the deal.”

Spike knew she was waiting for some piggish question to come out of his mouth, but he wanted to show her that he could be a decent guy too. Her answer had truly surprised him. He thought maybe she would make fun of him and treat his question like a joke, but she actually took the time to think it over and give what he hoped was a sincere answer.

When she said she wanted to be friends, it was a little bitter sweet. Yes it was great that she wanted to be his friend, but he was slowly beginning to see her in a new light. Telling himself nothing could ever happen between them, he looked at her and smiled. “Well then pet, that’s exactly what you’ll get,” he told her, trying to make himself believe it as well.

They finished their lunch and started back to their room to watch a movie and just enjoy the rest of the day together. Buffy was really glad she had decided to spend the day with Spike. He was turning out to be a really great guy. But getting to know this side of him made it even harder to ignore the little voice in the back of her head that was telling her she was falling for him. Pushing those thoughts away, she reminded herself that they were just friends and nothing more. Right?





Thanks to Lindsay, spuffette, :):) (whomever you may be *wink*), Brat, MidnightGirl, Brunettepet, Whitelighter354, Cordykitten, caatje, Sevvy_O, Opal, Crystal Pegasus, BuffyandSpikeForever, Brittney, MarstersGirl13, Flibble, and txjmfan for the kick ass reviews. So doing the snoopy dance over here =). Love y'all to peices! Kuddos!
CH. 13 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Sorry I didn't post yesterday but I had to go visit my husband's grandparents ALL DAY. If you guys leave lots of yummy reviews I might post again this evening *hint hint*! Well Enjoy! Disclaimer in full effect.
Buffy and Willow were sitting on the couch having movie night when Spike walked in the door from his Rugby practice. He walked over and sat down on the couch between them. “So ladies, what are we watching?”

Buffy wrinkled her nose. “Spike you’re all sweaty and gross. Go take a shower,” she demanded. Spike sniffed at his under arm. “Wha’, I don’t stink,” he told her defensively. Buffy pinched her nose. “Well my nose begs to differ, now go!” she insisted as she pushed him off the couch. Spike turned to her with a sullen look. “Fine I’m goin’. No need to be pushy,” he grumbled as he went to the bathroom to take his shower.

Buffy shook her head and laughed as she watched him retreat to the bathroom. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Willow grinning like a mad person. She turned to her friend with a bemused look on her face. “What?”

Willow continued to grin. “Just you and Spike all domestic like. It’s kinda cute,” she said giddily.

“What? No. All I did was tell him to get a shower because he smelled bad.” Buffy defended. Willow gave her friend a look. “Buffy I’ve seen you two together, you’re like an old married couple,” she pointed out and then clarified, “well an old married couple who doesn’t have sex that is.”

Buffy laughed. “More like the odd couple. Willow we argue constantly, he leaves his crap everywhere, and I make him absolutely insane with the bathroom,” Buffy stated matter of factly.

“I don’t know Buffy, sounds like ever married couple I know,” she said as she popped some popcorn in her mouth. Buffy raised a brow at her. “And you just know so many married couples.”

“Well no, but I know what I see, and you two are, well, on the road towards domestic bliss,” she declared giving Buffy her resolve face.

Buffy scowled. “Hey no fair, you can’t use resolve face. You know I can’t argue with resolve face.”

Willow grinned with satisfaction. “Cause you know I’m right.”

Buffy crossed her arms over her chest and pouted. “Can we please just watch the movie?” She asked sulking. Willow didn’t say a word but kept the grin on her face as she settled back in her seat.

Spike walked out of the bathroom in his towel and looked at the two girls sitting there, one with a grin on her face and the other one sulking. He stopped next to the couch and nudged Willow. “What’s wrong with her?” He asked grinning.

Willow looked up at him and stated smugly, “Oh I proved her wrong that’s all.”

Spike raised a brow and looked over at Buffy. “I see. Oh how the mighty have fallen,” He said dramatically. Buffy turned and glared at him. “Oh just shut up and go put some clothes on,” she snapped.

Spike chuckled and said sweetly, “Yes dear,” and went to his room to get dressed. Willow looked over at her friend but before she could even get a word out Buffy pointed a finger at her and narrowed her eyes.

“Not one word,” Buffy warned the red head. Willow bit her lip trying to stifle her amusement, but failed and let out a full belly laugh. Buffy looked over at her friend. “Just you wait, you might be laughing now but vengeance will be mine,” she warned.

Willow wiped at her tears and took a deep breath. “Okay, okay, I’ll leave you alone,” she said giving up.

Buffy smirked satisfactorily. “I knew you’d see things my way,” she said sinisterly.

Willow just shook her head and smiled at her friend. When her stomach started to growl she asked Buffy, “Hey I’m kinda hungry. You want to order pizza?”

Buffy was beginning to fell kinda hungry herself. “Sure, let me get the phone and we can order.” She got off the couch and looked for the cordless phone. With a frown she looked back over to Willow. “Hey have you seen the phone?”

Willow lifted up the pillows and searched under them. When she came up empty handed she shook her head. “Not over here, did you check your room?”

Buffy shook her head. “No, but I can just page it and then we can hear were it is.” Buffy pressed the page button and they quietly waited to hear the beep.

Spike walked out of his room with annoyed look on his face and the phone in his hand. “What the hell are you doing to the phone? One minute I’m talking and the next it starts beeping in my bloody ear,” He asked angrily.

Buffy bit back a laugh. “Sorry, we were looking for the phone,” she said not sounding sorry at all.

Spike gestured to the phone in his hand. “Well I’m on the phone, why don’t you use your cell phone?”

Buffy frowned at him. “For one my phone’s dead, and two, the number is saved on that phone,” she pouted.

Spike studied her for a minute and then let out a sigh of exasperation. “Bloody hell hold on,” he put the phone to his ear and told the person he was talking to he would call back in a minute. After handing it to Buffy, he asked, “Now tell me what’s so bleeding important that I had to get off the phone.”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “I’m just ordering pizza. You can have it right back, don’t get your panties all in a twist,” She said dryly.

Spike threw himself on the couch next to Willow. “Red I don’t know how you willingly put up with her. See, now I don’t have a choice, but you on the other hand do.”

Willow grinned at him. “What can I say? She just sorta grows on you after a while.”

Buffy looked over and stuck her tongue at both of them as she placed her order on the phone. Once she got off, she hung up the phone and handed it back to Spike. “The pizza should be here in thirty minutes. I’ll come get you when it gets here.”

Spike put the phone back on the cradle. “No need, I’ll call them back later. Hey, there’s some cash on my dresser. It should be enough to cover dinner.”

Willow shook her head. “Nope, my treat. It was my idea to order out in the first place.”

“Are you sure Willow, ‘cause I have more than enough cash to cover it.” Buffy asked to make sure.

Willow waved her off. “Don’t worry about it, besides you bought lunch the other day, so I owe you,” then turning to Spike she added playfully, “But you on the other hand might have to work for your dinner.”

Spike raised a brow at her suggestively. “Well I’ll see what I can do to make sure you get your moneys worth.”

Willow played along. “Okay, I’m gonna hold you to it,” she said as she winked at him.

Spike grabbed at his chest. “Oh Willow, how you tease me so,” he said dramatically.

Willow gave him a smirk. “What can I say; the men just can’t resist me.”

Buffy nodded her head and added, “Yep and some of the woman too.”

Spike gave Willow a wicked grin. “Now that’s something I would die to see.”

Buffy and Willow both pulled a face. Buffy turned to Spike. “What is with guys and the whole girl on girl thing?” She asked exasperatedly.

Spike chuckled. “It’s a guy thing pet, you wouldn’t understand.”

“Well I can sort of see why guys would get off on it, but I don’t think it’s that big a deal,” Willow said flatly.


Spike and Buffy both stared at Willow with wide eyes. Willow gave them a look and said indignantly, “Hey I’m not a prude you know. I’ll have you know I’ve played some very daring games of truth or dare.”

“WILLOW!” Buffy gasped.

Willow gave her an innocent look. “What?”

Buffy grinned and shook her head. “Well I guess now the truth finally comes out.” Willow didn’t say anything but simply grinned mischievously.

When the pizza was delivered the three friends grabbed some plates and brought it to the coffee table. They were sitting on the floor eating when Spike let a wicked grin cross his lips and he asked, “So any one up for a game of truth or dare?”




Thanks to Stine, MidnightGirl, txjmfan, Cordykitten, MarstersGirl13, Lindsay, Whitelighter354, spufette, Mariana, BuffyandSpikeForever, Sevvy_O, Flibble, Brat, Melissa, and anna for the great reviews, I can't thank y'all enough. Kuddos!
CH 14 Part 1 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Okay here's the deal. I had originally meant for Spike to be playfully suggesting the whole truth or dare thing, but since so many of you asked for it I decided to whip up a quick chapter for you guys. Fair warning, this is unbetaed, so read at your own risk, cause quite frankly my grammer and all sucks ass! I broke Ch 14 into two parts so I could give you guys the truth or dare chapter. I don't think it's one of my best, but I tried. I hope you all enjoy! Kuddos! Disclaimer in full effect!
Buffy looked at Spike wide eyed. “Spike there is no way I’m gonna play truth or dare with you.”

Willow grinned at Buffy. “What’s the matter Buffy chicken?” Willow teased. Buffy turned to her red headed friend. “Willow are you insane? Spike is the only guy here so it doesn’t leave us with many options,” Buffy asked incredulously.

Spike smirked at Buffy. “Well I guess that just makes me the lucky one now doesn’t it pet.”

Buffy shot him a glare. “Spike you can’t be serious.”

“Why not? We’re all friends here and you know what they say, what’s a snog between friends right?” Spike mentioned suggestively.

“Come on Buffy,” Willow persuaded. She had a few tricks up her sleeve that she could pull off if she could convince Buffy to play.

Buffy looked at Spike and Willow and relented. “Fine I’ll play, but,” Buffy turned to Spike and gave him a pointed look. “only if Spike promises to behave himself.”

Spike gave Buffy his best innocent look. “Scout’s honor,” and then as soon as Buffy looked away grinned mischievously.


Spike went and got everyone a beer and then settled back on the floor with Willow and Buffy. “Well me being the gentlemanly bloke that I am, ladies first.” Buffy let out an unladylike snort at spike’s comment. Spike merely rolled his eyes and shook his head.


“I’ll go first,” Willow chirped excitedly. Turing to Buffy she asked, “Truth or dare?”

Buffy didn’t even have to think twice. “Truth.”

Willow knew Buffy would play it safe to start out and decided to ease her into the game. “How far have you been with a boy?”

Buffy felt her cheeks burn. “Willow!” Buffy gasped. Spike tsked at Buffy. “Uh uh princess you have to answer or other wise you automatically have to take whatever dare Willow gives you,” Spike reminded her

Buffy let out a huff. She was so gonna get Willow. “Fine. Making out with touching above the waist only with clothes on.”

Spike let out a chuckle. Buffy glared at him. “Sorry Spike, not all of us are man whores,” Buffy hissed.

“Hey!” Spike replied indignantly. Willow saw the beginning of their usual tit for tat and decided to cut in. “Okay Buffy your turn,” Willow said diplomatically.

Buffy turned to Willow with a sinister look on her face. Willow swallowed hared and braced herself for the worst. “Willow, truth or dare?” Buffy asked as she crossed her arms over her chest. Yep, payback was a bitch.

Willow knew she was going to regret it, but replied, “Dare.”

Buffy grinned. “I dare you to call Oz and tell him that you have been crushing on him for the last month.”

Willow turned as red as her hair. Thinking fast she said triumphantly, “I don’t have his number.”

Buffy’s grin widened. “No, but Spike does.” Ha, take that!

Willow let out a whimper and turned to Spike who was grinning like a mad man. “Spike can I see your phone?” Willow asked forlornly.

Spike chuckled and grabbed his cell phone off the table and tossed it to Willow. Willow scrolled through the address book and found Oz’s number. Screwing her eyes shut, she hit send and put it to her ear.

“Hey Spike,” Oz greeted seeing his friends number on the caller ID.

Willow took a deep breath. “Uh no, it’s not Spike. See I uh, well,” Willow rambled. “My names Willow Rosenberg and I just wanted to call and tell you that, I uh, have kinda had a crush on you for the past month,” Willow admitted completely embarrassed. Oh Buffy was so dead.

“Your Spike’s friend, right?” Oz asked somewhat amused.

“Yeah,” Willow replied surprised that Oz knew who she was. Oz could here the surprise in her voice and let out an uncharacteristic chuckle. “I actually asked Spike about you not too long ago, but just haven’t got the opportunity to meet you yet,” Oz admitted.

Willow couldn’t help the grin that crossed her face. “Really?” Willow asked excitedly.

“Yeah, I saw you when you walked by the practice fields and thought you were cute in that little fuzzy pink number.” Willow blushed at Oz’s admission. They sat in silence for a moment before Oz asked, “Listen would you like to go out sometime?”

“Sure! How about after the holiday break?” Willow suggested as she waved her hands excitedly. “Sounds great, just let me get your number and I’ll give you a call,” Oz asked.

Willow gave Oz her number and quickly got off the phone. Clapping her hands Willow gushed, “OZ asked me out and we’re gonna go out when I get back from vacation.”

Buffy grinned at a very excited Willow. “You can thank me later.” Willow let a sneaky grin cross her face. “Oh don’t worry I plan to.”

Buffy got a panicked look on her face. “Willow?”

Turning to Spike Willow asked, “So Spike, truth or dare?”

Spike could tell by the look in Willow’s eyes that she was up to something. Yeah, this game was about to get interesting. “Dare.”

Willow tapped her chi thoughtfully as she watched Buffy squirm. Turning to Spike she said,” Spike I dare you to kiss Buffy.”

And there it was. Spike had thought about kissing Buffy for a long time and now here was his chance. Looking over at Buffy he saw the petrified look in her eyes. He wanted to kiss her, but not like this. “Buffy you don’t have to do this if you don’t wan to,” Spike assure her praying that she would play along.

Buffy swallowed the knot that had formed in her throat. Okay Buffy calm down. It’s just a little innocent kiss, no big deal right? Oh God she was in so much trouble. “No it’s fine, no big deal,” Buffy replied trying to sound casual.

Spike walked over to Buffy and helped her off the floor. Buffy looked Spike in the eyes. He had the most amazing blue eyes she had ever seen in her life. Buffy unconsciously licked her lips and waited for Spike to make his move.

When Spike saw Buffy wet her luscious lips he took that as the go ahead. Spike dipped his head down and placed a tender kiss to her lips. Spike pulled away and gazed at the surprised look on Buffy’s face.

Buffy had to fight the urge to bring her hand to her lips. That was one of the sweetest kisses she had ever had in her life. It lasted only seconds but she knew she would never forget it. Neither of them said a word, just stood there looking at each other.

Willow watched her two friends and could almost feel the sparks coming off of them. Yeah she did the right thing. After moment of silence Willow got their attention. “Uh Spike, your turn.”

Buffy quickly snapped back to reality and took her seat back on the floor with out saying a word. Spike was at a loss. He and Buffy had just shared their first kiss. Granted it was barely more than a peck, but it was still a kiss none the less. He was going to have to thank Red later for that one. Spike let out a puff of air and clapped his hands together. “Right then, who’s up next for the next round?”

Willow, Spike and Buffy continued to play for the next couple of hours. By the end of the evening they had all divulged their darkest secrets. Spike had even attempted to get Buffy and Willow to kiss, but they had thrown pillows at him and declared he was the king of all pigs.

Willow looked at the clock and decided it was time for her to go. “I hate to have to run guys, but its way past my bed time.”

Buffy got up and walked Willow to the door. “Alright Will, I’ll talk to you tomorrow,” Buffy said as she stifled a yawn.

“Call me,” looking over Buffy’s shoulder she grinned knowingly at Spike. “Goodnight Spike.”

“Night Red.” Willow hugged Buffy and headed for her dorm. Buffy shut the door and locked it. There was an uncomfortable silence lurking in the room. Spike turned to Buffy and let out a sigh. “Buffy listen about the kiss…” Buffy cut him off. “It was just a game Spike, It’s not a big deal,” Buffy stated more trying to convince herself than him.

Spike couldn’t help but feel slightly disappointed at the fact Buffy was so willing to dismiss their kiss. Reminding himself that he had agreed to be just her friend he smiled at her and replied, “Yeah just a friendly kiss, no harm done.” He asrrued her.

“Alright, well I guess I’m gonna head to bed,” Buffy said as she walked to her door. Glancing over her shoulder she smiled. “Goodnight Spike.”

Spike gave her a lopsided grin and replied. “Goodnight pet.” They both went in their rooms feeling a little crest fallen that the other was willing to put off the kiss as just a friendly gesture, but that’s what it was, just a friendly gesture, right?



Thanks to MidnightGirl, NEO, Nina, shocked reader, Mariana, blondiebear, lindsay, Whitelighter354, MarstersGirl13, carri, Sevvy_O, Flibble, anna, Opal, Crystal Pegasus, jennybean, and BuffyandSpikeForever for the reviews. Kuddos!
CH 14 Part 2 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Here is the original Ch 14 I wrote. Hope you guys aren't too confused with the chapter numbering. Well enjoy! Disclaimer in full effect!
Buffy and Spike were sitting lazily on the couch watching TV. Thanksgiving was next week and Buffy was curious as to what Spike’s plans were. Looking over at him she asked, “So what are your plans for Thanksgiving?”

Spike looked over at her. “Well I’m supposed to go to my Uncle’s in Sunnydale. Why do you ask?”

Buffy shrugged. “I was just gonna see if you wanted to go with me to my parents for dinner,” she said casually. Spike grinned. “Well thanks pet, but I already told Willow we could ride together,” he said apologetically, and then got an idea. “Why don’t you come with us, my uncle has more than enough room for you to stay with us,” He asked hopefully.

Buffy thought about it for a minute. Her parents really wouldn’t like the idea of her staying off with Spike even though they would be at his uncle’s house. With a wary look she said, “I don’t know. I don’t think my parents are gonna let me stay with you at your uncle’s.”

“Just tell’em you’re staying with Red. Come on Buffy it’ll be fun. We can all go out and spend time at some of mine and Red’s old hang outs,” he persuaded.

Buffy thought about it and eventually caved. “Alright I’ll go,” then giving him a look she added, “but I still have to talk to my parents,” she mentioned to let him know it wasn’t a done deal.

Spike nodded his head. “Not a problem. Just let me know so I can tell my uncle we’ll be having another guest.”

“I‘ll call my mom tomorrow and then I’ll let you know,” She said reassuringly.

“Just make sure you tell her we’ll be gone till Sunday,” he reminded her. Buffy nodded her head and couldn’t help but feel excited.

Buffy convinced her mom into letting her go by agreeing to come and have dinner with them the night after she got back. Trying to finish packing for the trip, Buffy stood in front of her closet with a frown on her face. She couldn’t decide on what to bring. Spike told her that they would be going out Friday and Saturday night, but other than that they would just be bumming around the house. Getting frustrated, she called Spike to her room.

“Spike come here,” she whined. Spike walked into her room “What can I do you for luv?” he asked intriguingly.

Buffy jutted out her lip. “I can’t decide on what to bring, help,” she said in a childish voice.

Spike chuckled. “Alright pet lets see what you have so far,” he said soothingly.


Buffy smiled gratefully. “Well I have PJ’s, under wear, a couple pairs of jeans, a few sweaters, and some socks,” she listed off the items for him.

Spike took charge. “Alright, now if you set your things out by days it will be easier, so if you take this pair of jeans,” he grabbed the pair she had laid out on the bed, “and you put it with this sweater, you have one days worth of clothes,” he pointed out. “Now on the days when we want to go out you just set the extra outfit with that day, got it.”

Buffy was surprised. She would have pictured him the type to just throw a bunch of clothes in a bag and go. Placing her hands on her hip she looked at him with determination. “Okay, I can do this.”

Spike gave a nod of his head. “Good. Now if you’ll excuse me I need to go do something manly after standing here and picking out clothes with you,” he told her as he left her room. Buffy let out a laugh and finished packing her things.

Buffy did a mental checklist to make sure she had everything. Putting the last few things in her toiletry bag, she went to the kitchen and made sure the coffee pot was turned off and that there wasn’t any garbage in the can. She looked at Spike’s closed door and shook her head. It was already after ten and he still wasn’t up yet. She went to his door and knocked.

“Spike its after ten, you need to get up. Willow will be here in less than an hour.” When all she got was stone silence, she turned the knob to check if it was locked. When it opened she stuck her head in. He was a tangled mass in his sheets and his hair was a mess of curls tussled from rolling around. . She bit her bottom lip to keep from laughing. Tip toeing across the room she leaned over and whispered in his ear, “Spike time to get up sleepy head.”

Still half asleep Spike reached out and pulled Buffy in the bed with him. He snaked an arm around her waist and snuggled up against her mumbling unintelligibly.
Buffy let out an “eep!” when she found herself being pulled in the bed. She was so caught off guard that she laid motionless for a moment. When her mind finally processed that she was in bed with Spike she shook him. “Spike wake up,” she demanded as she tried to wiggle out of his grasp.

Spike opened his eyes groggily and tried to focus on the person in his bed. When he saw Buffy staring at him with panicked eyes, he wrinkled his brow in confusion. “Buffy what are you doin’ in my bed?” he asked, his voice still thick with sleep.

Buffy began to blush profusely looking away from him. “Oh, well see I came in here to wake you up, but you kinda pulled me into the bed with you,” she explained nervously.

Spike looked at her slightly embarrassed, and moved his arm. “Sorry pet, forgot to tell you I can be an active sleeper,” he confessed as he scratched the back of his head nervously.

Buffy got out of the bed and smoothed out her clothes. Not wanting to make a big deal out of it she reassured him. “Don’t worry about it, I’ll know next time to stay on the other side of the room,” she said playfully trying to ease some of the tension.

Spike grinned at her. “Yeah that might be your best bet.” He looked next to the bed for his boxers. Remembering he hadn’t wore any the day before, he looked up at Buffy. “Would you mind handing me a pair of boxers from the drawer over there,” he asked as he gestured to the dresser she was standing next to.

Buffy turned away blushing as if he was standing before her naked. “Oh well I’ll just go so you can get on some clothes. Willow will be her soon, so you better hurry,” She chattered nervously.

Spike chuckled. She looked absolutely adorable when she was nervous. Her cheeks turned a gorgeous shade of pink that made her look almost child like. Nodding his head he said, “Sure thing pet, I’ll be out in a minute to take my shower.”

Buffy walked out of his room and shut the door behind her. She looked up to see Willow standing in the door way. She looked at Willow as if she had been caught with her hand in the cookie jar. “Willow it’s not what it looks like,” she tried to explain.

Willow looked at her friend with an amused look. “Well it looked like you leaving Spike’s room all rumpled, but hey, if you say it not what it looks like then I guess I’ll just have to believe you.”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Well it’s true so you can quit looking at me like that,” she said indignantly.

Willow gave her a look that said ‘what ever you say’, and went and sat on the couch. Buffy sat down next to her. “So, what are we going to do after we get to Sunnydale?” Buffy asked conversationally.

“Well I have to go to my parent’s house first, but if you want I can show you around town after you get settled in,” Willow suggested excitedly.

“Sounds good, but we may not get there anytime soon if lazy ass in there doesn’t hurry up,” she muttered sarcastically.

Spike walked out his of his room and yawned. “I heard that,” he warned.

Buffy turned around and scowled at him. “Do you think you can hurry up? Some of us would like to leave already.”

Spike walked to the bathroom mumbling under his breath about impatient women, and shut the door.

When Spike was finally ready to go, they got their things together and loaded up Spike’s Desoto. Once everyone was in, Spike started the engine and pulled out of the campus to start the journey to Sunnydale.
They passed the ‘Welcome to Sunnydale’ sign at a little after noon. The three friends had spent most of the trip with Willow and Spike telling Buffy stories about Spike’s summer visits to Sunnydale. Buffy hadn’t realized how well her two friends actually knew one another. When they pulled into Willow’s parent’s driveway, Willow climbed out and got her bags from the trunk.

“Buffy I’ll call you later this afternoon and we can go site seeing,” Willow said as she walked to her parent’s door. Buffy smiled brightly and called to her friend, “Sounds good, I’ll talk to you later Will.”

Spike and Buffy pulled up to Spike’s uncle’s house. Spike got their bags and they headed to the front door. Buffy couldn’t help be feel slightly nervous. Spike turned to her and smiled. “Come on pet, let’s get inside and get settled, yeah?” Buffy nodded her head and followed Spike in.

Giles heard someone come in the front door and poked his head around the corner where he saw his nephew and a very attractive blond standing in the entry way. He smiled and went over to greet them. “William you made it,” he said as he hugged his nephew. Turning to the young blond girl he offered his hand. “You must be Buffy, so glad you were able to join us.”

Buffy smiled shyly and shook his hand. “It’s nice to meet you too Mr. Giles. You have a lovely home,” she said politely

“Why thank you, but please just call me Giles. So how was the drive over?” He asked

Spike stretched his arms. “Not bad since we left fairly early.”

“Well that’s good. William won’t you show Buffy to her room, I’m sure she would like to get settled”

Spike picked up their bags and nodded in the direction of the stairs. “Follow me pet,” he requested as he made his way up the stairs.

Spike placed her bags on the bed and turned to her. “There we are luv. You can put your things in the dresser over there,” he gestured to the far wall. “I’ll be sleeping in the room next door if you need anything and the bathroom is straight across the hall. When you’re finished putting your things away just come downstairs, I’ll be down there waiting for you.”

“Alright, I should be down in just a minute,” she told him. Just as he was about to leave, Buffy stopped him. “Hey Spike?”

He turned back to look at her. “Yeah luv?”

Buffy offered him a shy smile. “Thanks for letting me come,” she said gratefully

Spike gave her a lopsided grim as he replied, “No problem. I’ll see you down stairs in a bit,” and then he left shutting the door behind him. Buffy blew out a puff of air and went to her task of putting her things away.



Thanks to blondiebear, Crystal Pegasus, Brittney, B, spikes_niblet, MidnightGirl, spufette, Heaven, Brunettepet, and Lindsay for the reviews on the last chap, it was all for you guys! Love y'all to peices! Kuddos!
CH 15 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
The summary kinda sucks, but you guys get the idea. Enjoy! Disclaimer in full effect.
Spike tossed his bag in his room and headed down the stairs. He could hear his uncle in the kitchen making tea. Spike sauntered in and sat down on one of the stools. “So have you talked to my mum lately?”

Giles turned to his nephew and placed a cup of tea in front of him. “As a matter of fact I have William, she was rather disappointed that you haven’t called her lately,” he replied giving him a pointed look.

“Well it’s not like I can exactly afford to call out of country all the time,” he said defensively.

“Well, maybe we can find you some of those prepaid calling cards so you don’t have to worry about a phone bill, and you can be sure to call your mother while you’re here,” Giles suggested. His sister, Anne, could be a bit over protective of her son from time to time, but since her ex-husband left her all she had was William.

Spike rolled his eyes and took a sip of tea. “Fine I’ll call my mum later. I swear you two act like I’m a bloody five year old,” he said tersely as he crossed his arms over his chest

Giles chuckled and looked at Spike over the edge of his glasses. “I can’t imagine why,” he replied sarcastically. Spike shot him a dirty look. Giles shook his head at his errant nephew and changed the subject. “So the young woman you brought with you, you say she’s your roommate?” he asked speculation evident on his voice.

Spike gave his uncle a knowing look. “Yes, but we’re just flat mates, so don’t go getting any ideas.”

“Just asking that’s all,” he said holding his hands up in surrender. “So what are your plans while in Sunnydale?”

“Don’t know. I think Red is taking Buffy to have a look around Sunnydale this afternoon and then I figured we would just play it by ear for the next few days,” he said noncommittally.

“Will Willow be joining us for dinner tomorrow evening?”

“I think she has to eat with her parents but you can ask her when she comes by for Buffy.” Spike heard footsteps coming down the stairs. “Buffy Luv we’re in the kitchen,” he called out to her.

Buffy breezed into the kitchen and sat on the stool next to Spike. “Sorry it took me so long, I guess I packed more than I thought,” she admitted sheepishly.

Spike raised a brow at her. “You think? I damn near broke my back trying to get it up the stairs,” he teased her.

Buffy smacked his arm playfully. “Hey I didn’t pack that much, and who’s the one that showed me how to do that whole plan-for-the-day thing, huh?” she asked indignantly.

“Well I never said plan three bleeding outfits for each day now did I,” he retorted defensively.

Giles watched as the two blondes in his kitchen bantered back and forth. There was no denying the chemistry between these two. With a knowing grin he sipped at his tea. It was only a matter of time before they realized that they were more than just roommates. Hearing a knock at the door, he excused himself. “Let me just go see who that is.” He answered the door brightly and smiled. “Willow please come in,” he greeted cheerfully as he stepped aside to let her in.

Willow walked in the house and felt as if she was home. This house held so many memories. Breathing in the familiar smell of Earl grey tea and something that was distinctly Giles, she beamed at the British man she considered family. “Giles it seems like forever,” she gushed as she gave him a big hug.

Giles pulled away. “Come now, let us have a look at you,” he said as he studied her. “”My Lord you’re all grown up, I must say you become quite a beautiful young woman,” he commented.

Willow blushed. “Well the last time you saw me I was still that goofy girl wearing fuzzy sweaters.”

“Quite right you are. It’s been far too long,” he confessed. Giles smiled at the young red head before him as he asked, “So will you be joining us for dinner tomorrow?”

“What time are you guys planning to have dinner?” Willow asked curiously

“I was thinking around three o’clock.”

“Sounds great! My parents always eat late so it shouldn’t be a problem.”

“Splendid. Buffy and Spike are in the kitchen so lets go have a see what those two are up to,” he said as he ushered Willow to the kitchen.

Willow and Giles walked in the kitchen to find the two blondes still bickering back and forth. Giles leaned in close to Willow and asked, “Do they ever quit?” Willow shook her head and grinned. “Nope. Not as long as their awake and in the same room.”

Buffy and Spike turned to look at Willow and Giles. They had been so caught up in their ‘discussion’ that they never heard them come in the kitchen. Buffy turned to Willow. “Hey Wills,” she chirped. “I thought you were gonna call?”

“Well, I decided to take a walk and figured I would just go ahead and come on over,” Willow explained.

“Well let me grab my coat and we can head out.” Turning to Spike Buffy asked, “Are you coming with us?”

“Nah, you birds head out. I’m gonna give me mum a ring and take a nap, but if you guys want we can do something tonight.”

Willow looked to Buffy. “Sounds good to me, maybe we can go Bronzing tonight, I notice it was still in business on my way here,” she suggested.

Buffy wrinkled her brow. “What is that like some sort of tanning?”
Spike and Willow both started laughing. “No the ‘Bronze’ is a little night club Red and I used to go to all the time. It’s not much compared to some of the clubs in LA, but they have pool and live bands,” Spike explained

Buffy scowled at both of them. “Ha, ha, that’s right, laugh at poor Buffy,” she said sarcastically.

Willow put her arm around her friends shoulder and led her out the kitchen. “Come on, I’ll fill you in on all the local trivia.”

Spike and Giles followed the two girls to the door. Buffy and Willow turned to the men and said their goodbyes.

“We’ll be back in a couple of hours. Then we can all go grab something to eat,” Willow told Spike as she and Buffy walked out the door.

“You two stay out of trouble. I don’t want Sunnydale’s finest knocking on my door, you here?” Spike teased.

Buffy and Willow just shook their heads and waved goodbye as they headed towards Main Street.



Thanks to Opal, MidnightGirl, Cordykitten, BuffyandSpikeForever, flibble, Melissa, Lindsay, MarstersGirl13, Brittney, txjmfan, Brat, Whitelighter354, anna, Mariana for teh sweet reviews! Y'all sre the absolute best! Kuddos!
CH 16 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
I broke the 200 mark in reviews for this fic! I want to thank you guys for all the kick ass reviews you have been leaving, there great! I want to also thank Mac again for the awsome beta job, she has beeen an absolute God send! Well enjoy! Kuddos! Disclaimer in full effect.
Willow pointed out all the major sights of Sunnydale to Buffy on their way to Main Street. They stopped by Willow’s old high school, which Willow referred to as the ‘Hell mouth’, and the local library where she had met Spike. Sunnydale was a small town, but it had a homey feeling to it. Buffy could see why Willow had a look of complete peace on her face as she talked about her hometown.

Willow and Buffy had been shopping around for a few hours when they heard a very masculine voice call to Willow from behind them. They both turned around to see whom the voice belonged to. Willow’s eyes went wide with surprise and she let out a squeal.

“EEEEEEH XANDER!!!!!!”

Xander approached his old friend and the petite blond that was with her. “Willow Rosenberg, as I live and breath,” he said excitedly as he grabbed his childhood friend in a big bear hug.

Xander Harris had been Willow’s best friend since kindergarten. Xander had been Willow’s first everything. First crush, first kiss, first love, and the first guy she had ever had sex with. Willow had been in love with Xander all throughout high school and never said a word about her true feelings until the night before Xander was to leave for basic training. That was the night they both decided to take each other’s virginity. That night had meant so much to both of them, but while he was away they decided it was better for them to just be best friends.

Willow pulled out of his hug and beamed at him. “I can’t believe you’re here! It’s been what, almost two years since I last talked to you,” Willow blushed at the memory of the last time she saw him.

Xander smiled at her shyly. “Has it been that long? It seems like just yesterday that I left for basic.” He hadn’t forgotten about the last night they had spent together. It was one of the most special nights of his life.

Buffy grinned knowingly. Willow had told her about the night before Xander had left and how her best friend had taken her virginity.

“Let me get a look at you,” she exclaimed as she stepped back to take in his appearance. He looked exactly the same, just more mature. His eyes were a deep chocolate brown and he still had the goofy grin that he had always worn since he was a boy. His shaggy brown hair was now in a clean cut military style and he had filled out considerably. He was no longer the scrawny boy that got picked on in high school. He was a well defined man. Willow shook her head in disbelief. “Look at you, you’re all grown up,” she gushed.

Xander gave her a sheepish grin. “Well, I guess Uncle Sam did what he was supposed to do then,” he joked.

“Willow you look great, but then, you always did,” he commented sincerely.

Willow blushed at his admission. She suddenly remembered that Buffy was standing there. “Oh God Buffy I’m sorry, you remember me telling you about my best friend Xander,” she said apologetically.

“Sure. Hi Xander! It’s nice to meet you. Wills here has told me so much about you,” Buffy greeted politely.

“Well I hope it was all good,” he teased, looking at Willow.

Willow nudged him in his side with her elbow. “Of course. Oh! Guess who else is in town?” she asked him giddily.

“Who?” Xander asked curiously.

“Spike! He’s at his uncle’s right now. We’re supposed to go out tonight to dinner and the Bronze, you should come.”

“Holy Shit, William Livingston. What’s that bastard been up to?” Xander asked grinning at the thought of his old friend.

“Well believe it or not, he’s going to school at UCLA and he’s Buffy’s roommate.”

Xander turned to Buffy with wide eyes. “Are you serious? Well good luck with that,” Xander said grinning. “Once when we were, like, sixteen I stayed with William, he got me drunk for the first time and convinced me to go to this really nasty strip club. Will got us these fake ID’s and we drove to this rat hole town I can’t even remember the name of. So, we get to the club and give the bouncer our ID’s right? Well the bouncer takes one look at them and is like, ‘Did you punks really think I’d let you in, go on, get the hell out of here,” Xander told Buffy as he motioned, impersonating the big burly bouncer. Continuing his story, he went on. “Well Will gets right in this guy’s face and is all ‘Listen here mate, we’re paying customers so be a good watch dog and let us by,’ he imitated in his best British accent. “Well then the guy stands up from his stool and he’s like almost a foot taller than Will, but Will never backed down. The bouncer then looks down at Will and tells him that he has real balls for standing up to him and lets us in. We got so trashed that night we ended up going home with one of the strippers and sleeping on her couch. I think her name was like Bambi or something. Yeah, good times.” Xander reminisced wistfully, but instantly sobered when he saw the disapproving look on Willow’s face.

“Xander Harris, when did this happen?” Willow asked sternly as she put her hands on her hips.

Xander looked down at his feet. “Oh, well, um, you know that summer when, uh, Giles went to that library thing? Well I stayed with Will and we got bored and decide to do the whole guy’s night out,” he admitted sheepishly.

Buffy laughed. “That sounds like something Spike would do, I can’t believe you guys actually got in,” Buffy said disbelievingly.

“And I can’t believe you slept on some strippers couch, “Willow added furiously.

“Come on now Willow, it was forever ago. It’s not like anything happened, well with me anyways. Now Will on the other hand….” Xander tried to finish but Willow cut him off.

“Okay Xander I think that’s enough story time,” Willow cut him off with a slight raise of her voice. She really didn’t want to hear about Spike going at it with some stripper and if the look on Buffy’s face said any thing, she didn’t either.

Buffy let a look of disgust cross her face as Xander started to explain about Spike and some skanky hoe bag stripper. For some reason the thought of him with someone like that made her mad. In all honesty it didn’t surprise her, but it still got under her skin. Looking at Xander she added, “Yes, please, you can stop now,” her voice sounded slightly irritated.

Xander heard the irritation in Buffy’s voice and wondered if there was more than just the roommate relationship going on. Well if there was he sure couldn’t blame Will, she was cute as hell. Holding his hands up in surrender, he relented. “Alright, I guess you girls didn’t find my little story as amusing as I did.” Smiling he said his goodbyes. “Well I better get going, but I am most definitely on for tonight, just tell me when and where.”

“I’ll call you at your mom’s house and give you all the details if you swear not to tell anymore ‘stories’ like the one you just shared,” Willow said half kidding half serious. She really didn’t think she could handle anymore Xander/Spike escapades of any kind.

“I promise to be on my best behavior,” Xander said in his best innocent voice.

“Willow rolled her eyes. “Yeah, yeah, I’ve heard that before.” Willow and Buffy said goodbye and started back to the Giles’ residents.

Buffy and Willow returned to the house to hear Spike yelling at the TV. They walked in the living room with grins on their faces. Spike was watching his favorite football team, Manchester United and apparently they were losing. Buffy cleared her throat to get his attention. “Spike you do realize they can’t hear you right?” she taunted..

Spike turned to the two amused girls standing in the living room and flipped the TV off. “Yes pet,” he replied dryly. “So, you birds have fun on your little outing?”

“Guess who we ran into?” Willow asked excitedly

Spike stood and stretched. “Who did you run into Red?”

“Xander!” she exclaimed. “He wants us to call and let him know what we’re doing tonight so he can meet up with us.”

“Xander Harris? Now that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time,” Spike said surprised.

“Yeah, I know, so we need to decide what we’re doing so I can call him when I get home.”

“Well how about we hit the pizza place and then head to the Bronze.” Spike suggested.
Willow looked over to Buffy. “Sounds good to me, what do you think Buffy?”

Buffy shrugged her shoulders. “I’m game,” she agreed.

“Good! Well, I better get going. I need to take a shower and call Xander. Let’s say we meet at my house around seven, sound good?”

Spike and Buffy both nodded in agreement. They all said their goodbyes and Willow was out the door. Buffy sat on the couch and Spike took the seat next to her. “So what did you think of the great Xander?” he inquired.

“He was sweet. I can see what Willow saw in him, he’s cute, has this whole boy next door thing going for him,” she commented.

Spike raised a brow at her. “Sweet, huh?” he said dryly. He couldn’t help but feel a twinge of jealousy at her comment.

Buffy heard the sarcasm in his voice. Giving him a look she turned to face Spike. “He had some pretty interesting things to say about you.” she said suggesting she knew dirt on him.

Buffy had peaked his interest. In a hesitant tone he asked, “And what might that have been?”

Buffy turned to him, arms crossed over her chest with a raised eyebrow. “So tell me, who’s Bambi?”

Spike closed his eyes and groaned out, “Oh bloody hell!”




Thanks to spuffette, Lindsay, MidnightGirl, Whitelighter354, MarstersGirl13, anna, phantomwriter, Cordykitten, Opal, BuffyandSpikeForever, Mariana, Brunettepet, and Heaven for reviewing, it means soooooo much to me ;) ! Kuddos!
CH 17 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Well here's the next chap. Hope you guys are still enjoying. I promise not to drag this out too much, i just want to build things up to the GOOD stuff (wink wink)! Kuddos! Disclaimer in full effect.
Buffy was putting the finishing touches on her makeup when Spike began to beat on the bathroom door furiously.

“Bloody hell Buffy, you’ve been in there for a whole soddin’ hour. What the hell is taking so long?” Spike grumbled in an irritated voice. It was already a quarter to seven and if she didn’t hurry up they were going to be late.

Buffy opened the door and placed her hands on her hips. “Not all of us can just step out of the shower and be ready in five minutes,” she said indignantly. She had to admit that for the five minutes he took to get ready, he looked damn good. He was wearing a pair of black jeans, a tight black t-shirt that showed off his well sculpted chest, his red long sleeved bottom up shirt left open, and his trademark black Doc Martens.

Spike stood there and stared at her. She looked bloody amazing. She was wearing a short black leather mini skirt, a silver colored open back halter, and a pair of knee high leather boots. Her long blonde hair was pulled in a twist with ringlets left to frame her thin face. Spike had to bite his tongue to keep from letting out an audible moan.

Buffy looked at him and frowned. “Spike is something wrong?” she asked as she looked down to make sure there was nothing wrong with her clothes.

Spike jumped slightly at the sound of her voice. “What? Uh, no, I’m fine. We better get going if we don’t want to be late,” he stumbled on his words..

“Are you sure you’re alright? You have that whole lost in space look going on,” Buffy asked slightly concerned.

Spike gave her a smile. “Right as rain pet, now let’s get a move on, yeah?”

Buffy nodded and walked out of the bathroom. Just before she reached the stairs she stopped and turned to Spike. “I just need to grab my jacket. I’ll meet you downstairs in just a sec.”

With a heavy sigh, Spike agreed, “Fine, but bloody hurry up.” Spike started down the stairs as he muttered, “I swear you should have started getting ready yesterday so you would have been ready to leave on time.”

Buffy just chuckled and grabbed her coat from her room. She double-checked to make sure she had her cell phone, money, and her ID before she went down stairs to meet Spike who was being more than impatient.
Spike stood at the bottom of the stairs pacing slightly. Giles came from the kitchen to stand with his nephew. “William, might I ask why you’re pacing?”

Spike pointed up the stairs with an irritated look on his face. “Bloody girl up there is taking forever. We were supposed to be at Red’s already.”

Giles let out a laugh. “William my boy, this is just the beginning. From here on out you will be waiting on a woman to get ready. Sadly enough it is a fact of life,” Giles informed Spike as he patted his shoulder.

“Yeah well I ……,” Spike stopped mid sentence when Buffy came sauntering down the stairs. She had a grace about her that was absolutely breath taking. He had noticed before how pretty she was, but for some reason at that moment she looked absolutely gorgeous.

Giles watched his nephew as he gazed at the young blond girl descending the stairs. There was no denying the attraction William felt towards Buffy, it was written clearly on his face. Giles grinned knowingly as he nudged him with his elbow and leaned in to whisper, “William you might want to wipe the slight drool collecting at the corner of your mouth,” he chided playfully.

Spike turned to his uncle and glared at him. He wasn’t drooling, but he still wiped at his mouth just to make sure. Giles watched and let out a chuckle as Spike tried to discretely wipe at the corner of his mouth.

Buffy stood in front of the two British men with a confused look on her face. Apparently there was some inside joke she wasn’t in on. Giles noted the slight frown on Buffy’s face and smiled brightly at her. “Sorry, I was just teasing William here,” he told her reassuringly.

Buffy smiled at the older British man. “I figured as much,” she said knowingly.

“So Spike you ready to go?” she asked turning to Spike.

“Yep, Willow’s probably wondering where we’re at right about now so don’t be surprised if she doesn’t start ringing your phone off the hook.”

Buffy shook her head. “Nah, she’s got Xander to keep her company so we should be good.”

Spike led Buffy out the door with his hand resting on the small of her back and they started for the car. Giles stood in the door way and called out to the blond couple, “You two have a good time. William make sure you have your key that way I can lock up before I go to bed.”

Spike jingled his keys in the air and opened the car door for Buffy before he got in the driver’s side.. Starting the engine they made their way to the Rosenberg residents to pick up Willow and Xander.

Buffy sat quietly in the car on the way to Willow’s. She couldn’t help but notice the way Spike stared at her coming down the stairs and then led her out the door by the small of her back, he had even opened her door for her at the car. It was almost as if they were on a date. That thought caused little butterflies in her stomach. She had never had the desire to go on a date with him before, but since things had changed between them the idea didn’t seem so far fetched.

Spike noticed Buffy wasn’t saying anything and glanced over to her. “Something wrong luv? You haven’t said a word since we left the house,” he asked softly.

Buffy turned in her seat so she was facing him. The thought to ask him if he thought this was a date was heavy on her mind. But what if he didn’t? If she said something she would be making a total fool of herself. She didn’t want to make things weird between them tonight so she decided against it. “Nothing’s wrong,” she reassured him with a smile.

God, he loved to see her smile. It was the kind of smile that could light up a room. If he had it his way he would be the one to make her smile like that from here on out. As they pulled up to Willow’s house, Spike turned to her. “I didn’t get the chance to say this earlier, but you look amazing tonight,’ he admitted in a deep tone.

Buffy felt goose bumps form all over her body and had to keep herself from physically shivering from his deep tone. God he had a sexy voice, had his voice always been that sexy? Swallowing hard she boldly looked him in the eyes. “Thanks,” she replied shyly as her cheeks began to blush.

Spike couldn’t help but think she was abso-fuckin-lutely adorable. Giving her a wink, he said, “Come on pet let’s get Xander and Willow, I’m starting to get hungry.” Buffy nodded in agreement and they got out the car to get their two friends.

The four friends ate dinner and headed to the Bronze. It was a little after 9:30 so things were still a little slow. They walked in and went straight to the bar to get drinks. The guys ordered beers for themselves while Buffy and Willow decided to walk on the wild side and get something a bit stronger. Buffy ordered a ‘sex on the beach’ and Willow got a margarita. Neither girl was a big drinker, so it wasn’t going to take much for them to catch a good buzz.

Spike looked at Buffy with a raised brow. “Buffy luv, are you sure it’s a good idea for you to be drinking something that strong?”

Buffy frowned at him. “Since when did you become the alcohol Nazi? I’m a big girl, I can handle my liquor,” she said indignantly.

Spike held his hands in surrender. “Just never seen you drink anything but beer before is all, you know your limits far better than I do,” he replied calmly

Willow saw the beginnings of a classic Buffy/Spike bickering battle and cut in. “Hey guys, let’s go find a table before it starts getting crowded,” Willow suggested diplomatically.

“Sure, but after that I want to dance,” Buffy chirped, all thoughts of bickering with Spike forgotten.

Willow and Buffy led the way with Xander and Spike in tow. They found a table close to the dance floor and the two girls quickly set their drinks down to join the few people already dancing. Xander and Spike watched as the two girls bounced around to the beat of the music. Xander took a seat and turned to Spike. “So man, what’s the deal with you and Buffy? Willow says you both swear you’re just roommates,” Xander interrogated.

Spike pulled his cigarettes from his pocket and sat on the stool across from Xander. Taking a long drag, he looked over to Xander. “Well it’s true, we’re just flat mates,” he replied flatly.

Xander gave him a knowing look. “You’re trying to tell me that the thought of hooking up with this girl has never crossed your mind?” he asked disbelievingly.

Well of course it had bloody crossed his mind, he wasn’t blind for fuck sakes. “I never said that, but it can never happen,” Spike stated resolutely. He wasn’t quite sure if he was trying to convince Xander or himself.

“Why the hell not? Man, it’s the perfect situation,” Xander pointed out.

“Yeah perfect till it blows up in my face, then what? I still have to live with the girl. I can’t take that chance with her,” Spike pointed out.

Xander thought about what his friend had said. Wanting to make things clear he asked, “You don’t want to take a chance because you don’t want to not have a place to live or because you care about her?”

Spike thought about that question. Sure he didn’t want out be out on the streets, but was that the only reason behind not wanting to start something with Buffy? If he was honest with himself he would admit he cared about her in a more than friendly way, but that would just open up a whole new set of doors that were better left alone for now. Spike looked at Xander. “Sure I care about her, but just as a friend,” he said unconvincingly

Xander shook his head. “Okay man, you just keep telling yourself that till maybe one day you actually believe it,” Xander said knowing better.

Spike took a long swallow of his beer and turned to watch as Buffy swayed her hips seductively to the music. Who was he kidding? He had fallen for her, and hard. Turning back to Xander he said defeated, “Well mate, you and I both know I was always a shitty liar.”





Thanks to Pam, spuffette, Whitelighter354, Opal, olivia-luv, MidnightGirl, TammyAsh666, Lindsay, phantomwriter, Cordykitten, Sevvy_O, Crystal Pegasus, MarstersGirl13, txjmfan, Flibble, BuffyandSpikeForever, Mariana, Smitten, and Brunettepet for the reviews. I am in total shock that so many people left reviews, for this I might have to update again tonight! Kuddos!
CH 18 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Well since so many of you asked nicely, here is the next chap. I hope you all enjoy! The song is Mazzy Star 'Fade into You'. It is a really good song so you sould go and listen to it and if you want I can e-mail it to you, just let me know. *All lyrics and rights belong to the owner*. Disalaimer in full effect.
Buffy and Willow came bouncing back to the table slightly out of breath from all their dancing. Buffy took the stool next to Spike. “So are you two gonna sit here like wall flowers all night or are you gonna dance?” Buffy asked giddily slightly buzzed from her drink.

“Yeah guys, have a little fun. You’re just sitting here all broody like,” Willow chimed in.

“Sorry luv, but this isn’t exactly what I call music, and that definitely isn’t dancing,” he told Buffy gesturing to the dance floor.

Buffy jutted her lip out in a pout. “Fine be a party pooper,” then turning to Xander she gave him a mischievous look. “What about you Xander? You wanna dance?”

Spike looked over at Xander and gave him a warning look, which Xander completely ignored. “Sure Buffster,” Xander accepted and grabbed both Willow and Buffy’s hands, leaving an agitated Spike behind.

Spike glared at his male friend as he watched Buffy grind herself against him. Sure it was just Xander and he wasn’t exactly competition, but the idea of any guy with their hands on his Buffy sent all out rage through him.

Buffy and Willow had Xander sandwiched between them as they danced to the beat of the music. As they danced Buffy glanced over to see Spike glaring in their direction. Buffy leaned in close so Xander could hear her. “Xander why is Spike shooting daggers at us?”

Xander glanced over at his friend and Spike gave him the British finger. Xander chuckled and then leaned into Buffy. “Aw, he’s just mad cause I get to have two hot chicks all over me and he’s stuck all alone with nothing but his beer to keep him company,” Xander explained teasingly .

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Well it’s his own fault, he’s the one that said he didn’t want to dance,” Buffy said with a shrug of her shoulders.

“Maybe he can’t dance,” Xander suggested.

“Oh no, he can dance,” Willow reassured them. “I’ve seen it, and uh, well let’s just say he’s good,” she added suggestively.

Buffy would love to see that. Maybe it was the alcohol, but she was gonna find out for herself. Giving Willow and Xander a mischievous look she sauntered over to Spike.

Spike saw Buffy coming in his direction. When she was standing right in front of him he got off his stool and stood dangerously close to her. “That was a nice little show there pet,” he remarked snidely.

Buffy was feeling a bit brazen and closed what little bit of distance there was between them. “Well if you didn’t like it you should have come and danced with me yourself,” she replied as she gazed at him.

Spike felt his body physically react to her closeness. Did she have any idea what she was doing? The girl was playing with fire and if she wasn’t careful she was gonna get burned. “Is that so luv,” he whispered in her ear.

Buffy felt like liquid fire was coursing through her veins. The way his body was pressed to hers she could feel the tell tale signs of his arousal. Knowing that she had caused that reaction caused a pool of moisture between her thighs nodding her head she replied on a breath, “Uh huh.”

Spike knew he was getting to her already. Taking her hand in his he led her to the dance floor and pulled her body to his and began to grind against her seductively. Buffy retuned it with equal fervor. Buffy turned so her back was pressed against him and ground her ass against his crouch to the beat of the music. Spike grabbed her hips and followed her lead.

Willow and Xander watched as Buffy and Spike danced together. They were oozing sex from every pore as they wreathed against one another. Xander looked at Willow and asked, “Is it just me or do you smell sex in here.”

Willow had to admit Xander was right. Spike and Buffy were way beyond the point of just dancing. Willow looked at Xander with an amused look. “Well all I have to say is it’s about time those two realized that there is some kind of chemistry between them,” with a knowing smirk she added, “It looks like tonight is going to be more interesting than we thought.”

Spike was in heaven. This was a side of Buffy he had never seen before. She was no longer the up tight girl he lived with, she was an all out sex kitten using her body to torment him in all the right ways. She had her back to him and she was slowly sliding her hands up and down his thighs as she wiggled to the music. Spike leaned in and whispered in her ear, “You’d do best to stop that now luv,” he demanded huskily

Buffy shivered as his warm breath breezed against her neck. Turning to face him she looked him in the eyes. “Yeah, because we don’t want to get too carried away now do we,” she purred.

They both stood there staring at each other, both wondering how things had taken this sudden turn. The music faded and the slow beat Mazzy Star’s ‘Fade Into You’ began to fill the room. Spike pulled Buffy in his arms and began to sway them to the music.


“I wanna hold the hand inside you
I wanna take the breath that's true

I look to you and I see nothing

I look to you to see the truth



You live your life, you go in shadow

You'll come upon and you'll go black

Some kind of night into your darkness

Close your eyes with what's not there,”

Buffy felt as if she was being swept away as Spike brought her into his arms. At that very moment nothing else mattered. Being in his arms just felt right. She laid her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes just enjoying the feel of his arms securely around her waist.

“Fade into you

Strange you never knew

Fade into you

I think it's strange you never knew,”

Spike inhaled deeply. She smelled of vanilla and gardenias, it was absolutely intoxicating. Their bodies almost seemed like they were made for one another’s. She fit so perfectly in his arms. This was a feeling he never wanted to forget, Buffy securely in his arms, her body pressed so intimately against his. He stroked her hair as they continued to sway to the soft music.

“The strange light comes on slowly

A stranger's heart is out of home

You put your hands into your head

And your smiles cover your heart,”

Buffy listened to the words of the song. She felt like she was fading into him. She was slowly being consumed and one thing was for sure, things were going to change between them after tonight, she just wasn’t sure how.

“Fade into you

Strange you never knew

Fade into you

I think it's strange you never knew
Fade into you

Strange you never knew

Fade into you

I think it's strange you never knew.”

Buffy lifted her head from his shoulder and looked him in the eyes. They were so blue they almost seemed purple. In a soft voice she whispered his name, “Spike.” Spike reached up and cupped her cheek. “Yes luv?” his voice was deep and caramel smooth.

There was so much Buffy wanted to say to him, but she just couldn’t do it. Realizing the song had stopped, she backed out of his embrace. “The song’s over, we should probably go back to the table,” her voice was whisper soft and she couldn’t meet his gaze.

Spike let out a heavy sigh. “Alright kitten, I see Willow and Xander at the table,” he said mournfully as he turned and left to the table. Well, it was nice while it lasted.

Buffy watched as he walked off the dance floor. She was so confused. She couldn’t deny it any longer, she was falling for Spike, but the question was, what was she going to do about it? With a crest fallen face she walked over to her friends.

Willow noticed the down look on Buffy’s face and frowned. What had happened in the small amount of time that the song ended and now? When Buffy sat down next to her, Willow suggested, “Hey Buffy why don’t you come to the bathroom with me so I don’t have to stand in line by myself.”

Buffy smiled as best she could and agreed. “Sure thing Wills, I could stand to freshen up anyways after all that dancing.” Buffy looked up to meet Spikes gaze. The look he was giving her was telling her that they needed to talk about what just happened. She nodded in agreement and left with Willow to the bathroom.

When Buffy was out of sight, Spike dropped his forehead to the table. “Bloody hell, what in the fuck was I thinking,” he asked half rhetorical half hoping Xander might have the answer he was looking for.

Xander shook his head. “Man I don’t even know where to begin on that one. All I know is, from where I was standing, you two have some major chemistry going on,” Xander replied honestly.

Spike lifted his head and shot his friend a dirty look. “Well no shit, it doesn’t take a bloody rocket scientist to figure that one out,” he bit out sarcastically.

“Listen man, as your friend, I think you need to tell the girl how you feel,” Xander said gently.

“But what if she doesn’t feel the same way and I make a complete ponce out of myself?”

“If I had to guess, I would say her feelings aren’t too different from yours, but I’ve only known the girl for a few hours, so I may not be the best judge on that particular situation,” Xander assured him.

Spike let out a heavy sigh. “Well I can’t do anything right now. I’ll wait till we get back to campus to spring it on her, that way if things do go badly she’s not stuck away from home,” Spike reasoned.

Xander patted Spike on the shoulder. “Sounds like a good plan to me. Come on, let me buy you a beer.” Spike nodded in agreement and followed Xander to the bar.


Once Buffy and Willow were in the bathroom, Willow turned to her best friend. “Okay spill, what the hell happened on the dance floor,” Willow demanded excitedly.

Buffy let out a groan as she put her face in her hands. “Oh Wills, I don’t know. Somehow I pulled the brave card and, well, you saw it, we just got carried away. And then the slow song came on and he pulled me in his arms, god it just felt so good,” she explained. Lifting her face she looked at Willow with confused eyes. “What the hell am I supposed to do now, we totally crossed the line,” her voice was pleading for her friend to have all the answers.

Willow looked Buffy in the eyes and asked point blank, “Do you love him?”

Buffy stared at her friend with wide eyes. “What! Willow love is a strong word don’t you think,” Buffy asked astonished.

“Well, okay maybe not love, but do you like him as more than just a friend?”

Buffy didn’t even have to think about that one, she knew she did, but admitting it out loud was a whole other story. “Willow it’s complicated,” Buffy tried to explain. “If we didn’t live together then maybe I would be willing to see what could happen, but we do so I can’t,” she said resolutely.

Willow crossed her arms over her chest and gave her a disbelieving look. “So you’re telling me that the only thing stopping you is the whole living together thing.” Willow knew it was more than that. Buffy was scared.

Buffy chewed her bottom lip nervously. How did Willow always manage to see threw her? With a heavy sigh she told Willow the truth. “Well that’s part of it,” she admitted hesitantly.

“So what’s the other part Buffy?” Willow asked putting on her resolve face.

Oh shit, she was in trouble now. Willow and resolve face equaled no good. Knowing she was defeated she admitted to her friend quietly, “I’m afraid of getting hurt.”

Willow put her hands on both of Buffy’s shoulders. “Buffy you’re gonna have to let someone in eventually. You can’t put off relationships just because you’re scared, cause guess what? You’ll never find anyone if you’re hiding,” Willow told her gently.

Buffy smiled at her friend. She had to admit the girl was good. Giving Willow a hug she said, “Thanks Will, I don’t know what I would do without you.”

Willow returned Buffy’s hug. Pulling away she smiled brightly at the blond before her. “Well that’s what I’m here for. Now we better get back out there before they send out a search party.”

Buffy nodded and followed Willow back to the table. Spike and Xander were talking as the nursed their beers. Buffy walked over to Spike and gave him a soft smile. “Hey, do you think maybe we can talk?” she asked nervously.

Spike looked over to Xander. “Hey mate, do you think you could drive my car home? Buffy and I are gonna foot it back to Rupes,” Spike asked Xander.

Xander nodded. “No problem man. You guys go on and get out of here, Willow and I are gonna catch up on old times,” Xander assured him giving him a knowing grin.

Spike smiled back appreciatively. Turning back to Buffy he asked, “You want to get out of here? I don’t think we can have much of a conversation in here with all this music,” he asked her hopefully.

Buffy nodded in agreement. “Sounds good, just let me tell Willow we’re leaving.” Buffy walked over to Willow and leaned in close. “Spike and I are gonna walk home, I’ll give you a call tomorrow.”

Willow gave her a supportive smile. “Alright, just remember what I said, you have to let someone in some time,” she reminded her. “And I think Spike would be a good place to start.”

Buffy gave her a weak smile. “I’m still not sure if I’m ready for that, but I think you might be right.” There was still a lot she needed to work out in her head before she started thinking about a relationship with Spike.

Spike and Buffy said goodbye to Willow and Xander and walked out in to the cool night air. As they started home they both spared a glance at one another. They both knew there was a lot of things that needed to be said but neither one knew exactly where to even begin.




Thanks to daisy, Seraiza, MidnightGirl, spufette, Brittney, tina, Cordykitten, Smitten, anna, NEO, Lindsay, and flibble for the great reviews, you guys rock!
CH 19 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
What can I say, I'm a postin' machine. Enjoy! Oh, FYI, I won't be posting again till monday cause I have a thing I have to go to so this will have to hold you over til then, Kuddos! Disclaimer in full effect!
Buffy and Spike were half way home before Buffy decided something needed to break the silence. Glancing over at him she asked hesitantly. “Spike what’s going on between us?”

Spike stopped and grabbed her arm. Buffy stopped and looked up at him. There were so many emotions playing behind his eyes that it was hard to judge what he was about to say.

Spike let go of her arm and shoved his hands in his pockets nervously. “Not really too sure luv,” he told her honestly.

“Well honestly that makes two of us,” she said trying to lighten the mood. Turning serious she apologized, “Spike I’m sorry. I never meant things to go as far as they did tonight.”

“Don’t apologize Buffy,” Spike told her gently. “Besides, I wasn’t exactly complaining,” he admitted with a lopsided grin.

Buffy began to blush. Hesitantly she asked, “So, what do we do now?”

Spike sighed and started walking again. Buffy fell in step with him as he replied, “Well we can’t ignore what happened tonight, but we don’t have to over analyze it just yet either.” He hoped she would understand what he was trying to say and not take it the wrong way.

Buffy got a thoughtful look on her face and asked, making sure she understood him right, “So you want to wait and talk about this later?”

Spike let out a sigh of relief. “Just till we get back to LA and we can sit down and talk this out properly.”

Buffy was glad he didn’t want to get into things while still having three days left in Sunnydale. With a grateful smile she agreed. “Okay, when we get back to LA.” They walked lazily the rest of the way back to Giles’ house in comfortable silence. Walking up the steps Spike went to unlock the door, but Buffy placed a hand over his to stop him. “Spike, I just wanted to tell you I had a really good time tonight,” Buffy admitted in almost a whisper.

Spike looked at her with deep eyes. “Me too luv.” Without thinking he leaned over and placed a feather light kiss to her lips. Before she had time to react, he opened the door and walked in. Glancing behind him he saw a bewildered Buffy standing in the doorway.

Buffy didn’t even have time to blink before Spike left the sweetest kiss to her lips that she had ever had in her life. She was so surprised she didn’t even notice he had walked in the door. She looked to him with wide eyes. “Spike?” she asked meekly

Spike walked over to Buffy and brushed her cheek with the back of his hand. “Good night Buffy,” was all he said and went up stairs to his room.

Buffy stood there and watched him go up the stairs. Her head was spinning from all the emotions running through her mind. Spike Livingston had kissed her, and this time not on a dare. It may have only been a brush of his lips against hers, but it was enough to make her weak in the knees. Placing a hand to her lips she muttered, “Good night.”

When she heard the door to his room shut she made her way to her own room to try and get the sleep she knew would never come.

Spike leaned against his door with his eyes fused shut. He hadn’t intended on kissing her, but god help him if he couldn’t help himself. She looked so sweet and innocent standing on the porch with the light from the full moon casting an angelic glow down on her. Stripping of his clothes, Spike climbed in bed and lay awake replaying the tender kiss he had just shared with the girl he felt he was slowly falling in love with.
**************************************************************************************

Buffy didn’t get much sleep that night, she laid in her bed tossing and turning as thoughts of the bleached blond that was in the room next ran through her mind. She knew that today was going to be a little awkward for them because they would be stuck in the house together all day for the Thanksgiving holiday. Pulling her self out of bed she gathered her things and headed to the bathroom.

Spike didn’t sleep a wink. After giving up on sleep, he got up and decided to get a shower before everyone got up. Wrapping a towel around his waist he opened the door to find Buffy standing there wide eyed. “Uh, morning pet,” he greeted nervously. God he sounded like such a ponce.

Buffy was about to reach for the handle of the bathroom door when it opened to Spike standing there in nothing but a towel slung low on his hips. Her mouth went dry. Looking at him with wide eyes she managed to get out, “Uh, morning, I was just coming to get in the shower,” she explained averting her eyes from his body.

Spike stepped out of her way to let her in the bathroom. “S’all yours,” he said smiling beside the fact that he felt awkward as hell.

Buffy smiled shyly and thanked him. “Thanks, well I guess I’ll see you down stairs then,” she said timidly as she closed the door.

Spike stood outside the closed door. He had seriously fucked things up between them. Buffy was acting like a skittish kitten around him. He just hoped that things wouldn’t be so tense once they were around Willow and his uncle, because they really didn’t need fifty million questions to add to the stress they were already under. Spike was lost in thought when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He nearly jumped out of his skin. Whipping around, he faced Giles with an amused look on his face. Spike glared at his uncle and yelled, “Bloody hell, you scared the shit out of me!”

Giles walked out of his room to see his nephew standing in his towel staring at the closed bathroom door. Giles heard the shower running so he knew Buffy must be in there, but wondered why William was just standing there staring at the door. Walking over to spike, Giles placed hand on his shoulder. When Spike jumped startled, Giles couldn’t help the amused look that crossed his face Giles chuckled softly. “William might I ask what your doing standing in the hallway half naked?”

“You shouldn’t sneak up on folks you know,” Spike grumbled angrily.

“Well that very well may be, but that still doesn’t explain why your standing here staring at a closed door,” Giles replied as he studied his nephew with a knowing look. William wasn’t fooling anybody; he was standing there thinking about Buffy.

Spike saw the knowing look in his uncle’s face. Spike glared at his uncle. “Oh just go and sod off,” he snapped at him as he stomped off to his room, slamming the door behind him.

Buffy heard the two British men in the hall and opened the door. Just as she stepped out she heard a door slam. Looking at Giles confused she asked, “What’s going on?”

Giles was grinning like a mad man. Looking at his nephews shut door he shook his head and chuckled. “Oh the usual, William acting like a spoiled brat,” he said teasingly. Turning to Buffy he sighed. “I was going to go to the grocery store for a few last minute things for dinner; would you care to join me?”

“Sure, just give me a minute to finish getting ready and we can leave,” she accepted appreciatively. This would give her a chance to be away from Spike for awhile.

“Very well. I’ll meet you in the kitchen”

Buffy finished with her hair and applied her makeup. Spike was still in his room. She debated on whether or not to let Spike know she was leaving with Giles. Knowing Spike would be upset if she didn’t; she went and softly knocked on his door.

Spike was pacing his room with a lit cigarette hanging from his lips. His uncle would have his ass if he knew he was smoking in the house, but to be honest he really didn’t care. When Spike heard someone knocking at his door he automatically assumed it was his uncle. He walked to the door and yanked it open barking out, “I thought I told you to sod….” Spike saw Buffy standing there and lowered his voice as he finished. “off.”

Buffy crossed her arms across her chest and raised an eyebrow at him. “I take it you were expecting someone else,” she teased.

Spike gave her a sheepish look. “Sorry pet thought you were Rupes.”

“Apparently,” she commented dryly. They stood there for a moment before Buffy let him know the real reason she had came to his room. “I just wanted to tell you I was going to go with Giles to the store.”

Spike leaned against the door frame. “Alright,” he replied. Remembering he was low on smokes he asked, “Do you think you could pick me up a pack of smokes while you’re out, I have some cash here,” he said as he pulled some money from his wallet.

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Fine, but don’t think this will become an everyday thing. I don’t want to be a contributor to you dying of emphysema,” she commented exasperatedly.

Spike smirked at her. “I didn’t know you cared luv,” he teased.

Buffy noticed that the uncomfortable vibe between them had lifted somewhat. For that, she was more than grateful. Snatching the money out of his hands she quipped, “Yeah, well you’re like a stray puppy, you just can’t help but fall in love with it.” It didn’t take two seconds for her to realize what she said. Looking at Spike with wide eyes she quickly tried to recover. “Oh! I didn’t mean that I was in love with you, I just meant that, uh…..” she fumbled senselessly as she looked any where but at him.

Spike lifted her chin with his finger so he could look her deep in the eyes. “Buffy I know what you meant,” he reassured her with a warm smile.

Buffy felt a chill run through her from his deep gaze. How was it he could make her weak in the knees from a simple smile? When his eyes became too much for her to handle she turned and looked away. Shyly she said, “I better get down stairs, Giles is waiting for me.”

Spike let out a sigh. This was going to kill him to have to pretend that there was nothing between them. Giving her a weak smile he agreed, “Yeah, you should go. I’ll see you when you get back,” he said mournfully. Why did it always have to come down to this?

Buffy gave him a soft smile and went to meet Giles in the kitchen. Spike watched as Buffy walked away. Shaking his head, he closed his door to think about what Buffy really meant to him.

Buffy walked in the kitchen and gave Giles a forced smile. “All ready.”

“Right then, we just need to let William know we’re leaving and we can be on our way,” Giles informed her.

“I already did,” Buffy said a little too quickly.

Giles noticed how quick Buffy said she had talked to William. Not wanting to make a fuss over it he smiled brightly at the young girl. “Right then, let’s get going shall we. I still have lots to do as far as dinner preparations,” he said as he opened the back door for Buffy.

Buffy nodded her head and walked out the back door. Giles could see now that the next few days the blond couple stayed with him were bound to be quite interesting to say the least.





Thanks to daisy, BuffyandSpikeForever, Lindsay, MarstersGirl13, spikes_niblet, MidnightGirl, Whitelighter354, txjmfan, blondiebear, Brat, Smitten, Brittney, Cordykitten, Heaven, and spufette for the reviews, y'all know how to make a girl feel good! Thanks so much to Mac for the beta job, beleive when I say she has her work cut out for her, LOL!
CH 20 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Well I'm back! Here is the latest update. I'm so glad you guys have stuck with me. There will be some spuffy goodness in a few chaps I promise! Well enjoy! Disclaimer in full effect.
Buffy and Giles pushed their cart through the overly crowded grocery store. They were currently in the spice aisle looking for pumpkin spice for the pumpkin pies. Giles let out an aggravated sigh. “Well it looks like they are completely out of pumpkin pie spice,” he pointed out to Buffy.

Buffy scanned over the aisle and then thought of something. “Giles do you remember what most of the ingredients are?”

Giles frowned for a moment and the caught on to what she was saying. “Yes, we could just by the individual spices and then mix them ourselves,” he said enthusiastically.

Buffy gave him a proud smile. “Yep, think smarter not harder I always say,” she chirped.

Giles gave her a grateful smile. “Buffy my dear you are an absolute angel.”

Buffy gave Giles playful look. “Yeah well what can I say, when you’re good, you’re good,” she said with mock indignity.

Giles let out a full belly laugh. “I do say, you have been hanging around William far too long,” he teased.

At the mention of Spike, Buffy felt butterflies in her stomach. This was getting to be ridiculous. She couldn’t even hear his name without reacting like a young school girl with her first crush. Careful not to show her true feelings, Buffy let out a forced laugh. “I guess you’re right.”

Giles sensed by Buffy’s hesitation that she was trying to hide how she really felt about his nephew. Giles grinned at Buffy knowingly. He was about to make a comment when he saw one of the elderly women from the book club that was sponsored by his library. As the little woman approached him he smiled at her. “Mrs. Witherspoon, how nice to see you,” he greeted politely.

Mrs. Witherspoon returned his smile. Noticing the young blond girl in Giles’ company she commented, “I didn’t realize you had a daughter Rupert.”

Giles looked to Buffy and than back to Mrs. Witherspoon. “No, unfortunately I’m afraid you’re mistaken, Buffy is not my daughter-” before he could finish his sentence the elderly woman was looking at him accusingly. Dear Lord, did she really think that he was romantically involved with Buffy? Making it very clear as to his and Buffy’s relationship he continued, “Buffy is here with my nephew, William, for the holidays.”

Buffy noticed the slight look of disdain on the older woman’s face and immediately knew what she was thinking. It wasn’t that Giles was a bad looking man, but gross. He was like her father’s age. Shifting somewhat uncomfortably, Buffy kept a sweet smile on her face and waited for the two adults to finish their conversation.

Mrs. Witherspoon smiled disbelievingly. “Well I must be off, you two have a nice dinner tonight,” she said with slight suggestion in her voice as she walked off.

Giles simply gave her a nod of his head and watched, still somewhat shocked, as the little old woman walked away. Giles turned to Buffy with apologetic eyes. “Buffy I’m truly sorry if Mrs. Witherspoon offended you.” Then with a shake of his head he added, “Apparently the old bat has finally lost it.”

Buffy looked at Giles and then let out a giggle. At first Giles just stared at Buffy, but then was able to see the humor in the situation and became infected with laughter as well. Giles and Buffy finished their shopping all the while laughing over what Mrs. Witherspoon was suggesting.

Spike was making a cup of tea when Buffy and Giles walked in the door laden with grocery bags. Spike stopped what he was doing and grabbed the bags from Buffy. Setting the bags on the counter he asked Buffy, “So, how was your outing pet?”

Buffy and Giles exchanged a look and burst out laughing once again. Spike looked at them as if they had lost their minds. “What’s so bleeding funny?” he asked curiously.

Buffy wiped a tear from her eye and managed to compose her voice. “Well, while Giles and I were shopping we ran into some lady that Giles knew from the library and she-,” Buffy couldn’t finish what she was saying because she started another bout of uncontrollable laughter.

Giles cleared his throat and finished the explanation for Buffy. “Mrs. Witherspoon thought that Buffy and I were a couple,” Giles said fending off his own laughter.

Spike got a look of disgust on his face. “That’s not funny, that fucking gross,” Spike yelped horrified. The thought of his uncle and Buffy together was enough to make him want to throw up.

Giles gave his nephew a look. “Hey!” Giles said indignantly.

“Well, the thought of you and Buffy? No, I don’t even want to go there,” Spike went on, still grossed out.

Buffy laughed at Spike. “Spike you act like that kind of thing never happens. I can’t tell you how many men Giles’ age I’ve seen with women who look barely old enough to drink.”

Giles gave Buffy an appreciative look. “Thank you Buffy. But I must say the idea of me with someone your age is rather disturbing,” Giles pointed out.

Spike raised a brow at his uncle. “You think? It’s not disturbing, it’s flat out perverse.”

Buffy walked over to Spike and handed him his cigarettes and change. “Oh lighten up Spike, it was funny and you know it,” she patronized.

Spike looked at Buffy. “Yeah well funny or not, I’ll probably be scared for life,” he retorted dryly.

Giles shook his head and chuckled. “Buffy, I think we’ve had enough fun mocking William for one day.”

Buffy patted Spike’s hand playfully. “Alright Spike, we’ll leave you alone,” she said in a tone you would use with a small child. Spike gave her a menacing look and then turned to his uncle. “Don’t you have food to be cooking?”

“Yes I do, so you can both get out of my kitchen,” he replied playfully.

Buffy and Spike left Giles to his cooking and went to the living room. Spike sat on the couch with his arms crossed in a pout. Buffy grinned and sat next to him. “Oh come on, you’re not really mad are you?”

Spike turned to Buffy and replied flatly, “No.”

Buffy gave him her cutest smile. “Then let me see that smile of yours,” she teased in a singsong voice.

Spike couldn’t help but chuckle. Buffy was being to damn cute for words. Buffy let a satisfied grin cross her face. “See I knew I could get you to smile,” she said proudly as she elbowed him playfully in his side.

This was the Buffy he loved to be with, playful and joking. Grinning at her he said, “What can I say pet, you bring out the best in me.” Buffy just simply smiled, satisfied.

Buffy and Spike sat and watched the football game that was on when Spike remembered something. “Oh, I forgot to tell you, while you were off being my uncle’s girlfriend, Red called,” he told her casually seeing if she would catch his joke.

Buffy had totally forgotten she was supposed to call Willow this morning. “Oh, I was supposed to call… wait, what did you just say?” So now he wanted to makes jokes.

Spike laughed. “Caught that did you?”

Buffy punched him in the arm. “Ha, ha, very funny Spike,” she said dryly. “I’m gonna go call Willow and tell her about my new boyfriend,” she said as casually as she could.

“Oh that’s it Summers, your mine,” he growled as he lunged for her, but Buffy was too fast. She was off the couch and out of the room before he could reach her.

Buffy darted out the room giggling before he could catch her.

Spike settled back on the couch and called over his shoulder, “You just wait Buffy, you’re gonna get it.” And in more ways than one, he thought to himself.

Buffy grabbed her cell phone and headed up to her room. When Willow answered the phone Buffy greeted her brightly. “Hey Wills, what’s up?”

“Buffy hey! I was wondering what happened to you, I thought that you were going to call me this morning?”

“Well, when I got out of the shower this morning I ran into Giles and he asked me to go to the store with him, so I kinda forgot to call,” Buffy explained.

“That’s okay,” Willow assured her before asking, “So how did things go with Spike last night?”

How was she going to explain to Willow that Spike had kissed her? Knowing she couldn’t lie to her best friend she just blurted it out.

“Spike kissed me.”

Willow remained silent from shock. Buffy was beginning to wonder if she had hung up. “Willow, are you still there?”

“Huh? Oh yeah, I’m still here,” Willow answered her. “Did you just say that Spike kissed you?” she was still a bit shocked by her friend’s admission.

“Well yeah, it was just a light peck on the lips, but it was still a kiss nonetheless,” Buffy explained.

Willow couldn’t help but grin. “So I guess things went pretty well then, huh?” Willow said amused.

Buffy could practically feel her friend grinning on the other end of the phone. “Okay Willow you can stop grinning now,” she huffed. “This isn’t good; things have been weird off and on all day between me and Spike and I hate the fact that every time we’re alone together there’s all this unresolved tension between us.”

Willow let out a sigh. “Buffy you two just need to let nature take its course and stop fighting the inevitable,” she suggested gently.

If Buffy let nature take over she was going to be in big trouble. There was way too much chemistry going on to let it get out of control. “Willow its not that simple,” Buffy tried to explain.

“But see that’s were your wrong. You and Spike are so hell bent on making yourselves to believe that you can’t be together, you can’t see past it. You two are meant for each other Buffy, you just have to take off the blinders and see it,” Willow pointed out.

Buffy thought about what Willow was trying to say. There was no doubt that Buffy was fighting herself about her feelings for Spike. If she let down all her defenses then Spike would have her heart in his hands. She didn’t know if she was willing to give him that much control just yet. Letting out a heavy sigh she asked Willow, “So how do I do this without getting my heart broken?”

“You can’t, but that’s just a fact of life. You just have to hope that Spike is one of the good ones,” Willow told her friend honestly.

“How are you so sure this will work out Willow?” Buffy asked her friend.
“Because I know you and I know Spike. You forget that I’m on the outside looking in. I see things you don’t, and from what I’ve seen so far, you two just fit, plain and simple.” She told her matter of factly.

Buffy let out a heavy sigh. “Well, I’m glad one of us is so sure because I have to tell you, not so confident here.”

“Buffy it will all work out, you’ll see,” Willow reassured her.

Buffy really did want to believe her friend, but the little voice in the back of her head was still exercising its rights and telling her to keep up her guard. Not wanting to talk about it anymore, Buffy decided it was time to let Willow go. “Wills I better get back down stairs, I should see if Giles needs any help with dinner.”

Willow knew Buffy was being ‘avoidy girl’, but let it go. “Alright Buffy, I’ll see you in a little while. Bye.”
Buffy tossed her phone aside and took a deep breath. She wasn’t going to let her feelings ruin the weekend. With fresh determination Buffy went down stairs to help with Thanksgiving dinner.



Thanks to Heaven, Cordykitten, Opal, MidnightGirl, txjmfan, MarstersGirl13, Whitelighter354, BuffyandSpikeForever, Sevvy_O, Brat, anna, Crystal Pegasus, Mariana, Seraiza, and Flibble for the amazing reviews. You guys are my motivators to post as often as I do. Love y'all to peices! Kuddos!
CH 21 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
I hope you guys are still enjoying this as much as I'm enjoying writing it. Disclaimer in full effect! Kuddos!
Buffy walked right past Spike in the living room and went straight to the kitchen. “Is there anything I can help with?” Buffy asked as Giles stood in front of the sink.

Giles turned to face Buffy and smiled appreciatively. “Well if you’d like you can finish chopping the vegetables that are sitting on the cutting board.” Buffy nodded and went to the task she had been dealt.

Spike had heard Buffy come down stairs. He furrowed his brow when she walked right past him and went straight to the kitchen. What the hell was that all about? Curious to see what was wrong, Spike went into the kitchen. Spike walked up to counter and asked, “So what did Red have to say?”

Buffy looked up slightly startled when she heard Spike’s voice. “Oh, uh you know the usual,” Buffy replied somewhat nervously.

Spike sensed Buffy was somewhat off and called her on it. “Buffy are you sure you’re all right?” he asked with concern laced in his voice.

Buffy reminded herself that she wasn’t going to let her feelings get the better of her. With an encouraging smile she assured Spike, “Yes, I’m peachy with a side of keen.”

Spike laughed. “Where did you learn talk like that?” he teased.

“Hey,” she retorted indignantly. “You know you’re pretty brave to be teasing me like that while I have a sharp object in my hand,” she warned him playfully as she held up the knife that she had been cutting veggies with.

Giles was pretending not to listen to the blond couple, but when Buffy threatened Spike with the knife he couldn’t hold back his laughter.

Spike glared at his uncle’s backside and then turned to Buffy with a smirk. “You better play nice kitten. Wouldn’t want someone to get hurt now would we?” he said.

Buffy batted at Spike’s hand but he was too fast, he grabbed a piece of the carrot she had just chopped and popped it in his mouth. Giving him a reprimanding look she pointed out, “If you keep eating all the carrots then there won’t be any left for dinner, now go,” she scolded as she leaned over and pushed him away.

Spike crossed his arms over his chest in a pout. “Fine. I swear you’re worse than my mum,” he whined. Just as he was about to leave he quickly grabbed a few more pieces of carrot and darted out of the kitchen.

Buffy tried to protect her carrots, but Spike had grabbed them with lighting speed. Buffy shook her head and chuckled as she finished helping with dinner.

Buffy and Giles finally finished cooking dinner. Everything smelled absolutely wonderful. The house was filled with the aroma of roast turkey, homemade stuffing, and the pumpkin pie Buffy had made. Buffy set the table and went to get cleaned up for dinner. After putting on a nice skirt and blouse she came down stairs to wait for Willow to arrive. She was surprised to see that Spike wasn’t in his usual spot in front of the TV. Figuring he must be upstairs somewhere, she took advantage of having the TV to herself and started flipping through the channels.

Spike took one last look at his appearance in the mirror, satisfied with what he saw; he went down stairs to wait for dinner to be served.

Buffy heard heavy footsteps coming down the stairs. Knowing it was Spike, she turned in his direction and let out a small gasp. He looked absolutely gorgeous. Spike was wearing a deep burgundy colored long sleeved shirt, black dress slacks, and a black silk tie. His hair now had gel in it to make his soft curls spike up in a sexy tousled look. Buffy swallowed hard and tried to control her rapidly beating heart as Spike sauntered into the room.

Spike walked into the living room with the grace of a predatory panther. Spike gave Buffy a devilishly charming smile. “You look gorgeous,” he complimented her. Buffy was wearing a knee length grey straight skirt, a tailored white quarter length button up blouse, and his favorite knee high black leather boots. Her hair was pulled back in a sophisticated knot on the back of her head and she had touched up her makeup to bring out her stunning emerald eyes.

Buffy blushed at his admission and stood from the couch. She noticed his tie was slightly crooked. “Your tie isn’t straight, let me fix it,” she said as she fixed the soft silk material. When it was centered she looked up into his cerulean blue eyes.

Spike never took his eyes off of Buffy as she adjusted his tie. When she looked up at him with her big green eyes Spike felt himself being drawn to her like a moth to a flame. When he saw her bubble gum tongue dart out across her full lips he let all conscious thought fly out the window and leaned in to brush his lips against hers. When Buffy made no protest, he put more pressure into the kiss. Just when he was about to beg entrance with his tongue the doorbell rang and broke the spell they had been under.

Buffy and Spike pulled away slowly and simply stared at one another. They had both heard the doorbell but made no effort to answer it.

Giles was walking out of the kitchen to get cleaned up when he heard the door bell ring. He glanced over to the living room as he passed by and saw Buffy and Spike pulling away from their kiss. He hastily averted his eyes and answered the door. He greeted Willow loud enough to let the blond couple know they were not alone. “Ah, Willow, you’re here. Please do come in.”

Willow gave Giles a confused look. “Giles are your ears okay? You’re talking awful loud.” Giles assured her he was fine and led her hesitantly to the living room. Giles cleared his throat to get the attention of the staring blond couple.

Buffy and Spike both broke their gaze and turned to see Giles and Willow looking at them with questioning looks on their faces.

Buffy looked at Willow and Giles with wide eyes as her cheeks begin to blush profusely. How were they going to explain this one? Buffy and Spike both had that look like they had been caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

Spike looked from his uncle and Willow back to Buffy. Buffy had a panicked look on her face that screamed she wanted to bolt right out the door. In an attempt to ease the tension, Spike walked over to Willow and hugged her. “Hey Red, Happy Thanksgiving.” It must have worked because Willow retuned the hug.

“Happy Thanksgiving Spike,” Willow said as she returned his hug. She knew Spike was trying to cover for the awkwardness that was coming off in waves. She would have to ask Buffy what was going on later.

Giles kept his eyes on Buffy. She looked absolutely panicked. She hadn’t said a word since Willow had arrived and he was becoming slightly concerned. When the room became deafeningly quite Giles spoke up. “Dinner is ready so let’s say we go and eat,” he suggested. Everyone agreed and made their way into the dining room.

Buffy attempted a smile and followed Willow, Giles, and Spike. Spike hung back a little and stopped Buffy before she could walk in the dining room. “Buffy can I talk to you for a minute outside?” Buffy reluctantly agreed and walked out the kitchen door with Spike behind her.

Willow noticed Buffy and Spike walk out the back door and turned to Giles. “Giles what’s going on? I get here and Buffy and Spike are all weird acting and now they’re going outside together. Did something happen?” She had her own assumptions as to what could be wrong, but she wanted to see if Giles knew anything she didn’t.

Giles looked to the kitchen door and then back at Willow. Removing his glasses he began to polish them aimlessly. “Well right as you arrived I believe Buffy and Spike well um, how do I put this… uh shared a kiss,” he informed Willow in a hushed conspirators tone.

Willow let the surprise show on her face. Well, that wasn’t what she was thinking at all. That explained the whole deer caught in headlights look. “Are you sure?”

“Well, um, I only glanced into the living room, but that’s what it looked like to me,” Giles told her slightly embarrassed.

“I think we should just let them work things out unless they come to either of us,” Willow said diplomatically. Giles agreed and stared bringing food to the table.

Buffy and Spike stood on the back porch as Spike tried to explain himself. “Buffy about the kiss, I…”

Buffy placed a hand on his arm to stop him. “Spike can we not do this right now?” she asked meekly.

“Buffy we have to talk about this, we kissed and I know you felt something,” Spike pushed.

“You’re right I did, but I’m just not sure what I felt,” she tried to explain. Letting out a sigh she asked pleadingly, “Can we just put things on hold till we get back to LA? We have a few days left here and I don’t want to make things anymore awkward than they already are.” Her voice was soft yet full of resolve.

“Fine Buffy, we’ll let it go for now, but as soon as we get home we’re gonna have a talk. I’m not gonna let you run away from this,” he stated with every intention of keeping his word.

“Thank you,” Buffy replied, glad that he was willing to give her the time she needed to sort things out in her head.

“Come on luv, let’s go inside before dinner gets cold,” he said trying to smile even though his heart was aching just a bit. He didn’t want to wait. He wanted to take Buffy in his arms and tell her he was starting to fall in love with her, but he knew she needed time, so he would wait.

Buffy and Spike walked into the dining room both looking a little crest fallen. Spike and Giles pulled out the girls chairs for them to sit in and took their respective places at the table. Giles said a short blessing over the food and then they all dug in to the lavish feast before them.

There was quite conversation over dinner and desert, but an underlying tension was evident to everyone at the table. Willow wanted to ask Buffy what was going on with her and Spike but opted not to. Buffy would come to her when she was ready. Giles began to clear dishes from the table and Buffy got up to help. Grabbing the extra plates from the table she followed Giles in the kitchen.

Giles began to load the dishwasher as he asked hesitantly, “Is everything all right with you and William?”

Buffy was caught off guard by Giles’ question. “Oh, uh yeah sure, everything’s fine.”

Giles stopped what he was doing and stood in front of Buffy. “Buffy I’ve watched the way you and William are together and I have to say, I don’t think I’ve ever seen him as fond of someone as he is of you,” Giles told her honestly. Giles had the misfortune of meeting Spikes ex-girlfriend Cecily, she was a snooty bitch that one. Spike had come to love her very much, yet he never looked at her the way he did Buffy.

Buffy looked to Giles with sad eyes. “I know, but things are just really complicated right now.”

Giles placed a gentle hand on Buffy’s shoulder. “Love always is my dear,” he admitted to her knowingly and then went back to his task of doing the dishes. Buffy didn’t say a word.

Willow walked in the kitchen and walked over to her friend. “Hey Buffy, I have to get going, my folks are going to be eating soon.”

Buffy smiled at her friend trying to hide her sadness. “Okay Wills, give me a call tomorrow?”

Willow could see that Buffy needed a little girl time. “How bout we hit the after Thanksgiving sales tomorrow? We could even grab some lunch while we’re out,” Willow suggested brightly.

Buffy could use sometime alone with her friend to talk about everything that was going on. Giving her a genuine smile she agreed. “Sounds like fun. We can leave first thing in the morning.”

“I’ll borrow my mom’s car and be here around six, sound good?”

Buffy nodded. “Sounds like a plan.” Buffy and Giles walked Willow to the door. Willow gave Giles a quick hug. “Thanks for dinner Giles, I hope my mom doesn’t notice me not eating,” Willow said playfully.

Giles gave her a stern look. “I told you to save room for your mother’s dinner.”

Willow patted her tummy. “Don’t worry, I think I still have a little room left,” chuckling to herself she added, “They just might have to roll me away from the table that’s all.”

Buffy and Giles both laughed. Spike came tromping down the stairs with his cigarettes in hand just as Willow was about to leave. “Hey Red, you leavin’?” Spike grabbed his duster from the coat rack. “I’ll go out with you so I can have a smoke.”

Willow gave one last hug to Buffy and Giles and followed Spike out the door. Spike lit his cigarette and took a long drag before questioning Willow. “Hey Red?”

Willow looked to Spike. “Yeah Spike?”

Spike hesitated for a moment and then continued. “Has Buffy said anything about me to you?” He knew he sounded like a boy with his first crush, but he had to know.

Willow secretly grinned on the inside. Pretending like she didn’t know what he was talking about; Willow gave him a confused look. “What do you mean?”

Spike took another drag of is cigarette before flicking it in the road. “You know, does she ever talk about me,” he asked as he scratched the back of his head nervously. Was she really going to make him spell it out?

Willow wanted to burst. He was doing the whole nervous scratching his head thing and she couldn’t resist the urge to keep up her little game. “Well, yeah, Spike she talks about you all the time,” she said playing dumb.

Spike let out a growl of frustration. “No, not like that. Has she ever said she likes me?” he asked bluntly, irritation clear in his voice.

Willow couldn’t hold back any longer. She let a grin curl at her lips and let out a chuckle. Spike heard Willow giggle and narrowed his eyes at her. “You bint, you knew exactly what I meant, you just wanted to hear me say it,” he accused.

Willow gave him a sinister grin. “Well, yeah.”

Spike scowled at the red head in front of him. “You think you’re funny huh?”

Willow let out a full laugh. “Spike I’m sorry, but you made it just too easy.”

Spike crossed his arms over his chest in a pout. “That’s right, make fun of Spike’s feelings, but just remember Red, pay backs a bitch.”

Willow shook her head. “Promises, promises,” she said as she started to walk towards her house. Spike frowned as Willow walked away. He realized that Willow never answered his question. Shouting down the street he asked, “So does she?”

Willow grinned as she yelled over her shoulder, “What do you think?”

Spike felt a small spark of hope flicker as he walked back up the steps and into the house.




Thanks to Seraiza, MidnightGirl, Whitelighter354, Brunettepet, Brat, Kristin, Heaven, Stine, lacey, Lindsay, anna, Cordykitten, Brittney, MarstersGirl13, Crystal Pegasus, txjmfan, and flibble for the encouraging reviews. I send tons of nekkid yummy Spike's to everyone of y'all, LOL! Kuddos!
CH 22 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
I wasn't sure if I was gonna be able to post today cause I got a major case of the yuckies (can anyone say BLAH!), but I've managed to pull it together just for you guys, so you better enjoy it, J/K, well sorta. Let me know what you guys think, Kuddos! Disclaimer in full effect.
Spike sat on the couch flicking through the channels aimlessly waiting for Buffy to come home from shopping. She had been gone almost all day and he was starting to miss her. Spike had talked to Xander earlier and the two men decided to take the girls to do something a bit different that evening. Spike wasn’t sure if Buffy and Willow would agree to it, but if they did, it would definitely be an interesting night.

Willow and Buffy sat in the small restaurant at the mall eating lunch. Buffy had somehow avoided the whole Spike conversation all day and was somewhat relieved. She wasn’t quite sure how to explain to her red headed friend that she was falling for Spike.


Willow had let Buffy get away with not telling her about what happened the day before while they had been shopping, but now it was time for her to spill. Willow wiped her mouth and looked Buffy straight in the eyes. “Okay Buffy, I’ve kept my mouth shut all day about Spike and let you off the hook, but enough is enough, spill,” Willow demanded with her patented resolve face.

Buffy let out a sigh. Well, it was nice while it lasted. Buffy took a sip of her water and began to explain to Willow about the previous afternoon. “Okay. Right before you got to Giles’ yesterday……..” Buffy hesitated for a moment before she blurted out, “Spike kissed me. Again.” Buffy watched Willow intently waiting for her inevitable outburst. Buffy was a little surprised by Willow’s reaction.

Willow looked at her friend with a calm look on her face. “I figured as much.”

Buffy stared at her friend with wide eyes and her mouth hung open. Realizing how ridiculous she must look, Buffy snapped her mouth shut before asking in complete shock, “You knew? Why didn’t you say something?”

Willow grinned and shrugged her shoulders. “I just figured you’d tell me when you were ready,” then giving the blond sitting across from her a pointed look she added, “I just didn’t think it would take you so long.”

“Sorry, I just didn’t know WHAT to say,” Buffy explained apologetically.

“So you still haven’t told him how you feel about him?” she asked knowingly.

“I’m not really sure if I know exactly how feel about him.” Willow raised a brow at her. “Okay so I know I like him as more than a friend, but how much more?” Buffy pointed out.

Willow thought about what Buffy had said. In all honesty, Buffy was probably telling the truth. Willow knew from experience how it felt to like someone, but still be unsure of exactly how you really felt. Giving Buffy a sympathetic look, Willow tried to reassure her friend. “Buffy I totally understand how you feel, just don’t wait to long to figure out how you really feel. Spike’s a good guy, and any girl would be lucky to have him.”

Buffy felt a surge of jealousy course threw her at the thought of Spike with another woman. She tried to mask her feelings, but Willow saw right threw them.

Willow chuckled at her friend. “Buffy you should see the look on your face. You look like you want to rip the arm off of someone and beat them with it and all I did was mention the possibility of Spike with someone else,” Willow pointed out. “That alone should tell you that you feel pretty strongly about Spike.”

Buffy played her usual denial card. “Willow I’m not jealous,” she denied indignantly.

Willow arched a brow at her. “So let’s just say if maybe, I don’t know, Harmony Kendall was to proposition him, you wouldn’t care,” Willow taunted.

Buffy felt her cheeks burn with anger. “Spike would never go for that slut bag,” Buffy snapped defensively. Willow laughed. “See I just proved my point. You are jealous,” Willow said proudly.

Buffy scowled at her friend. “Shut up.”

Willow grinned like a mad person. Just as she was about to retort, her cell phone rang. Digging it out of her bag, she looked at the caller ID and smiled.

“Hey you, what’s going on?” Willow greeted cheerfully. Willow listened as the person on the other end talked and began to blush furiously. Buffy gave her a quizzical look and Willow gestured to her that she would explain in a minute. “Well I can ask her, but I can tell you right now the answer will be no. Okay, hold on,” Willow put her hand over the mouth piece and looked at Buffy hesitantly.

Buffy looked at her friend expectantly. “Well who is it?”

Willow took a deep breath. “It’s Xander,” she paused for a minute and then continued. “He talked to Spike and they thought maybe tonight, since its are last night in town we could go to... a strip club,” Willow winced waiting for Buffy’s reaction.

Buffy stared at her friend completely dumbfounded. There was no way she could go to a place like that, or could she? Spike had told her once ‘don’t knock it till you try it’, so what the hell, you only live once. Letting a mischievous grin cross her face she answered Willow. “What the hell, why not.”


Now it was Willow’s turn to be dumbfounded. She gave her friend a wary look and asked, “Are you sure?” Buffy nodded her head. “Sure, it could be fun.” Willow shrugged her shoulders and placed the phone back to her ear. “Hey Xander, Buffy said she’s game,” Willow sat for a moment not saying anything then finally rolled her eyes. “Xander would you grow up, Buffy and I are not going to get on stage and strip,” she said exasperatedly. Giving a few “yeahs” and “okays” Willow said goodbye and hung up the phone.

Buffy suddenly realized what she had just agreed to and felt her stomach twist in knots. She was going to go to a strip club and with Spike no less. Hadn’t she told him what a pig he was for going to places like that? Giving Willow a weary look, she said, “Oh god Willow what have I done?”

Buffy and Willow pulled up to Giles’ house and Buffy got out of the car. Leaning in the passenger side window, Buffy nervously asked, “So what time did you say we were leaving again?” It was the fifth time in the last ten minutes or so that she had asked.

Willow laughed. “Buffy if you don’t want to go, all you have to do is say the word.”

“No really, I’m fine, I uh, just want to make sure what time so I can be ready to go, that’s all,” Buffy rambled unconvincingly.

“I promise Buffy it’ll be fun,” Willow reassured Buffy.

Buffy gave Willow a shocked look. “Willow Rosenberg, have you been to a strip club before?” Buffy asked completely shocked.

Willow gave her friend a sinister smile and simply said, “I’ll see you tonight,” and drove off.

Buffy watched as Willow drove away. She really shouldn’t have been too surprise after Willow’s little confession about having kissed a girl before. That girl was full of all sorts of surprises.

Spike had talked to Xander a little over an hour ago and was still shocked that Buffy had agreed to go out to a strip club tonight. He knew for a fact that Buffy thought those kinds of places were dirty, but yet she had agreed to go anyway. He had to admit the idea of Buffy willingly going tonight was a major turn on. He would have to make sure that she had the proper first time experience. Grinning at the mental image like a mad man, Buffy walked in the front door arms laden with bags.

After struggling with the front door, Buffy walked in to see Spike with a Cheshire cat grin on his face. He must have talked to Xander. Feeling the knots return to her stomach, she relieved her arms of their burden and hesitantly walked into the living room to sit next to Spike on the couch.

Spike never took his eyes off the TV and continued to grin as Buffy came to sit next to him. Buffy turned so she was facing him and arched a brow at him questioningly. “What are you grinning at?”

Never taking his eyes off the TV he asked, “So you’re finally gonna see what all the fuss is about huh?” There was a certain amount of amusement in his voice.

Buffy crossed her arms across her chest. “Aren’t you the one who said ‘don’t knock it till you try it?’” she asked indignantly.

Spike finally looked over at her with a suggestive look in his eyes. “That’s right kitten, I did, and believe me, I’m gonna make sure you try it all.”

Buffy’s eyes went wide. She wasn’t quite sure what he was suggesting, but she had a pretty good idea. “Hey, I agreed to go, that’s all,” she stated determinedly.


Spike chuckled. “We’ll see.”

Buffy shook her head adamantly. “Uh, uh Spike, don’t even think about it,” Buffy protested. Spike gave her an innocent look. “You didn’t even give me a chance to explain.”

Buffy arched a brow and replied dryly, “You don’t even have to say anything, I know exactly what your thinking and the answer is not no, but hell no.”

Spike grinned. “Well if you knew what I was thinking, then you were thinking it too.”

Buffy opened and closed her mouth trying to form a come back but came up with nothing. In a huff Buffy got up from the couch, stomped out of the room, grabbed her things and headed to her room.

Spike let out a chuckle as he called out to her, “Come now pet, you know you’re curious.”

Buffy continued up the stairs as she grumbled, “Shut the hell up Spike.”




Thanks to MidnightGirl, MarstersGirl13, Opal, Brat, spuffette, Cordykitten, anna, BuffyandSpikeForever, Lindsay, flibble, Brunettepet, txjmfan, and Whitelighter354 for the sweet reviews, you guys kick ass! Kuddos! And I can't forget Mac my lovely beta for helping me out on my chaps when I get into a pinch, your the bestest!
CH 23 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Sorry it took me so ling to post this morning, but my internet has been all kinds of wonky. Thanks to all you readers out there from the bottom of my Spike/James obsessed heart! Disclaimer in full affect
*WARNING* There is attemped rape in this chapter, and that's all I can say without giving the chap away. Nothing too graphic, but just so you know if you have issuse with this kinda situation, please be advised!





Buffy stood nervously outside the seedy strip club. On the way to the club she had mentally kicked herself repeatedly for ever agreeing to go in the first place. Glancing over at Spike, she noticed he was wearing his trademark smirk. Buffy really wanted to reach over and smack that infuriating look right off his face. He was getting way to much enjoyment out of her discomfort. Glaring at him she snapped, “Do you think you could at least try and act like you’re not enjoying this so much.”

Spike chuckled and grabbed her hand. “Come on pet, let’s get you inside to the real fun.” Buffy reluctantly let Spike drag her inside to what was probably going to be the most embarrassing night of her life.

As the foursome entered Buffy’s senses were hit with the smell of alcohol, cigarette smoke, and something she guessed was the musk of sex. Buffy pulled a face and turned to Willow. “You’ve actually hung out in a place like this before?”

Willow surveyed the room and scrunched her nose. “Well not exactly, the one I went to was much more tasteful.”

Buffy cocked a brow at her. “Is there such a thing?”

Willow chuckled and shook her head. “Come on let’s go sit down.”

Buffy, Willow, Xander, and Spike found a table that was somewhat close to the center stage. Spike glanced over at Buffy and noticed she looked slightly uncomfortable at the proximity to the stage. Leaning in he whispered in her ear. “Don’t worry luv, they won’t bite. Well not unless you ask them to,” he teased as he pulled back and waggled his eyebrows suggestively.

Buffy blushed and smacked him on the arm. “God Spike! Gross much?” He could really be a pig sometimes.

Spike chuckled. “Lighten up kitten, only teasin’, but bitin’ can be….”

Buffy cut him off. “Don’t even finfish that sentence,” Buffy warned.

Spike just leered at her and turned to Xander. “Hey mate, you bring your ID with you?” Xander was the only one there tonight with a fake ID.

Xander pulled out his wallet and held up the ID of a twenty-six year old male that was from Michigan. “Yep, sure thing don’t ya know,” Xander replied in his best accent.

Buffy looked at Xander quite impressed. “Very convincing if I do say so myself,” She complimented.

Xander shot her a goofy grin. “Well I may have practiced in front of the mirror once or twice,” Xander teased. This earned a giggle from Willow.

Xander looked at the red head with a frown. “What’s so funny?”

Willow wiped a tear from her eye as she recalled her memory. “Oh, it just reminded me of the time I walked in on you talking to the mirror, practicing asking out Cordelia Chase to junior prom,” Willow reminded Xander as she broke out into another fit of laughter.

Xander turned a shade of red that was brighter than Willow’s hair. He scowled at his supposed best friend. “Willow that was supposed to stay between me and you,” he scolded.

Buffy held back the urge to laugh and patted Xander’s hand. “Don’t worry Xander, I think it’s kinda cute,” she said trying to not sound patronizing.

Spike, on the other hand, made his amusement well known. “Well I think it’s bloody hilarious,” He admitted through his laughter.

Xander crossed his arms in a pout. “That’s right, laugh it up,” Xander replied sullenly.

Spike got the attention of a passing waitress so they could place their drink orders. A scantly clad girl who looked barely old enough to drive sidled up next to Spike and leered suggestively at him. Smacking at her gum obnoxiously she purred, “Well hey there gorgeous, what can I get for you?”

Buffy unknowingly scoffed at the girl’s blatant attempt to hit on Spike. Spike turned to Buffy and gave her an amused look. Was his kitten jealous? Turning back to the waitress he smiled. “I’ll have a shot of tequila and a Corona with a lime” Turning and looking directly in Buffy’s eyes he finished his order. “And my lady here will have a Screaming Orgasm.” Buffy felt her entire body flush. The way Spike was looking at her caused a delicious ache between her thighs. The waitress looked between the two blondes and rolled her eyes before turning to Willow and Xander. “And what can I get for you two?”

Willow was surprised at the bluntness of Spike’s innuendo. Sure she had heard him tease Buffy before, but there was raw lust in his voice this time that was undeniable. Realizing the waitress was waiting for her order she looked up and smiled. “Sorry, uh, I guess I’ll have a Madori sour and a water.” The waitress looked back to Spike and gave him a saucy grin before heading to the bar.

Buffy didn’t miss the look the waitress gave Spike and sighed disgustedly. Spike noticed Buffy’s obvious dislike of the waitress and smirked at Buffy. “What’s the matter pet, got a case of the green eyed monster,” Spike teased.

“What?” Buffy asked indignantly. Spike let out a chuckle. “I saw the look you gave ol’ girl as she walked away,” He informed her.

“Please, like I have a reason to be jealous of that hoe bag,” Buffy scoffed. Yeah she was jealous, but she wasn’t about to admit it to him.

Willow had to laugh. Buffy couldn’t be more obvious. “No you’re not jealous one bit,” Willow teased sarcastically. Buffy was about to retort with a snappy come back when the waitress returned with their drinks. Buffy unconsciously scooted closer to Spike and gave the young girl a warning look.

Willow noticed Buffy sudden possessiveness and grinned madly. Her friend had it bad. Willow nudged Xander to get his attention. Xander turned to his friend and then looked in her line of sight to see a very jealous Buffy. Shaking his head he just smiled knowingly and picked up his beer from the table.

Buffy’s gesture didn’t go unnoticed by Spike. Placing an arm around her waist he gave the money to the waitress and thanked her. When Buffy tried to pull away from him Spike tightened his grip on her hip. Buffy looked at Spike with surprised eyes. Spike merely winked at her and turned to Xander and Willow. “So kiddies let’s say we have some real fun.”


Buffy wasn’t sure how, but she found herself sitting at the edge of the stage with Willow, Xander and Spike. Glancing over at Spike she questioned, “You don’t actually expect me to put money in there underwear do you?”

Spike grinned mischievously. “Well, you could put it somewhere else if you’d like,” Spike suggested. Buffy gave him a petrified look and blushed profusely.

Willow placed a hand on Buffy’s shoulder. “Come on Buffy, it’s time for you to throw all those moral inhibitions aside and have fun, you only live once right?” Willow goaded her excitedly.

Buffy chugged her drink in one swallow and shrugged her shoulders. “What the hell,” she agreed. Then seeing a scantly clad woman come on stage she swallowed hard and suggested, “but I think I’m gonna need another drink.”

Three drinks later Buffy was stuffing dollar bills in with the best of them. She had to admit it was kind of exciting to let loose and throw caution to the wind.

Spike was fascinated with this new side of Buffy, she had been hooting and hollering with as much enthusiasm as most of the men in the establishment. Turning to Buffy he raised a brow at her. “Looks like someone’s come out of their preverbal shell.”

Buffy grinned at Spike. “Looks like huh?” Spike chuckled and asked teasingly, “Do I have to worry about you bringin’chits back to our place now?”

Buffy gave him a saucy grin. “Wouldn’t you like to know?” Buffy figured it must be the alcohol because never in her life would she have ever dreamed of saying anything that bold.

Spike felt his jeans tighten at the thought of Buffy bringing another girl home to play with. Leaning in dangerously close he purred out, “Now don’t go teasing us Summers.”

Buffy felt his warm breath on her face and felt electricity shoot straight through her. Grinning seductively she purred out, “And that would just be wrong, huh?”

Spike let out a soft groan. This girl was killing him. Spike barely brushed his lips over hers as he went to whisper in her ear. “Careful luv, you play with fire you might just get burned,” he warned.

Buffy closed her eyes as her heart beat violently in her chest. This game was slowly spiraling out of control. Putting some space between them Buffy looked down at her lap shyly. “I’m gonna go to the restroom real quick, I’ll be back in a minute,” Buffy squeaked meekly.

Spike took a steadying breath and nodded his head. “Alright luv.” Buffy smiled timidly at him and left for the bathroom. When Spike saw that Buffy had made it safely to the bathroom, he pulled his cigarettes out of his pocket. Lighting one up he took a long soothing drag.

Willow looked over to where Buffy had been and frowned when her friend wasn’t there. With a questioning look she asked Spike, “Where’s Buffy?”

Spike took another much needed drag of his smoke and answered, “Bathroom.”

Willow pulled a face. “I just hope she doesn’t sit down on the seat.”

Xander overheard Willow and gloated, “Yet another one of the may perks of being a man.”

Spike thought of some of the nasties he knew for a fact happened in strip club bathrooms and cringed. “To right mate, I don’t fancy sitting on one of those toilets is very appealing.” Looking back in the direction of the bathroom he watched and waited for Buffy to come out.

Buffy took one look at a stall and decided that holding it was a better option than peeing. Going to the sink she wet some paper towels and wiped at her sticky brow. After washing her hands, she took one last look in the mirror and exited the restroom. Just as she was about to round the corner she ran smack into a very strong chest. Stumbling, she backed up and gave the large man an apologetic look. “Sorry I wasn’t watching where I was going.”

The man leered down at the small blond before him. “That’s okay doll face, no harm done right?”

Buffy smiled politely. “Right,” and went to leave but the man stepped in her way. “Where are you off to in such a hurry, I don’t see a fire,” the man’s voice was low and had a dangerous under tone to it that made the hairs on the back of Buffy’s neck stand on end.

Buffy felt a surge of panic claim her body as she tried again to get past the burly man in front of her. The guy closed the distance between them and now had Buffy pinned up against the wall. “No need to run off princess, I just want to have a little fun.”

Spike was starting to get worried when Buffy still hadn’t come back after a few minutes. Spike got Willow and Xander’s attention. “Oi, I’m gonna go check and make sure Buffy’s alright.” They both nodded in agreement and turned their attention back to the stage.

Buffy struggled to free herself but found the more she resisted the stronger the man pinned her to the wall. “Come on sweetie, you know you want it,” the guy purred in her ear as he began to kiss on her neck.

Buffy felt hot tears begin to sting her eyes as she cried out, “NO! STOP IT, GET OFF OF ME!!!!!”

Spike was casually walking in the direction of the bathrooms when he heard a woman crying out for help. Making it there in less than a few strides Spike caught sight of some bastard with his Buffy pinned against the wall as he carelessly groped at her. Spike saw red as rage coursed threw him. With lighting speed he was on the guy and despite the size difference, Spike flung him off Buffy, tossing him aside.

Buffy felt relief wash over her at the loss of contact with her attacker. Opening her eyes to see who her savior was she saw Spike come to her with concerned eyes. Just as he was about to take Buffy in his arms, he was bulldozed from the side by a very pissed off man.

Spike was so concerned for Buffy he never saw the bastard come at him. Spike hit the floor and was instantly pinned and the man was wailing on his face. Spike instinctively blocked his face, managing to throw his attacker off balance. Spike got up from the floor and took advantage of the other man’s inability to get up quickly by sending him a swift kick to his gut.

Buffy watched in horror as the scene played out. This was all her fault. Buffy was frozen in her spot for fear of distracting Spike again and getting him hurt.

Sending a few more kicks to the wanker’s gut and manhood, Spike rolled him over and lifted him by his shirt. “When a lady say’s no, she means no. You’re lucky I don’t fucking kill you for putting your hands on my girl,” Spike growled at the almost unconscious man. Punching him for good measure, Spike dropped him to the floor and was at Buffy’s side in a blink.

Buffy stared at the man lying on the ground. Blood was pouring out of his nose and his eyes were rolled back in his head. Buffy flinched when she felt someone touch her arm, turning wide eyes in the direction of the touch she saw Spike standing there with concerned filled eyes. Buffy placed a hand over her mouth and gasped. Spike had blood coming from his nose and bottom lip. His right eye was beginning to bruise and his cheek was swollen and red. With a tentative hand Buffy reached out and touched his face. “Oh god, you’re hurt,” Buffy gasped.

Spike hissed in pain at her soft touch. “Just a little tender luv,” he admitted unconvincingly. Buffy felt fresh tears course down her cheeks. Spike was hurt because of her, because he had rescued her from a man who had attempted to rape her. Buffy let out a choked sob.

Spike wiped her tears away with the pad of his thumb. “Shhh pet, don’t cry, m’right here, won’t let anyone hurt you,” Spike comforted her. Taking her in his arms he kissed the top of her head and stroked her honey blond hair.

Xander and Willow had gotten worried about where their friends had gone and went to find them. Willow let out gasp when she saw a huge man lying on the floor. She looked up to see Spike holding Buffy as she cried. Looking at the blond couple she asked, “What the hell happened here?”

Spike didn’t have time to answer because three bouncers walked over to see what the commotion was. Taking one look at the man on the floor they leveled Spike with their eyes. “Alright I think it’s time for you to leave.”

Spike glared at the three burly men. “That fucking wanker tried to rape my girl,” Spike growled.

The bouncers turned their attention to the apparently frightened girl and softened their demeanor. “You should get her home and we’ll take care of this guy,” one of the bouncers suggested to Spike.

With a curt nod, Spike led Buffy away from the bathrooms. Never letting her go, he turned to Willow. “Go grab our things so we can go, we’ll meet you at the car,” Spike demanded. Not waiting for an answer Spike led Buffy out of the club and to the car.

Spike opened the car door and slid Buffy into the back seat. After handing Xander the keys he slid in next to her cuddling her close as he whispered comforting words in her ear. Willow entered the car with coats and purses in hand and shut the door. Spike grabbed his duster and wrapped it around Buffy’s shivering form. “S’all right now luv, Spike’s got you. Gonna take you home and tuck you in right and proper.” Buffy just nodded mutely against his cheat and took a ragged breath.

Willow glanced to the back seat and with concerned eyes and asked, “She’s not hurt is she?” Spike shook his head. “No, just scared is all,” he said softly as he held Buffy tighter to him.

Buffy felt a calm wash over her as Spike’s arms wrapped protectively around her small frame. With a sigh of contentment she closed her eyes and let sleep take her over.

Willow, Xander, Spike, and Buffy made their way back Sunnydale in silence. Spike listened as the girl in his arms breathed evenly in her sleep. He didn’t know what he would have done if anything had happened to his girl. But now he was sure that he would be there from here on out to make sure nothing ever did.




Thanks to Whitelighter354, Stine, Opal, MidnightGirl, Seraiza, Brunettepet, carri, anna, Cordykitten, Kristin, lindsay, Girl Next Door, txjmfan, MarstersGirl13, Flibble, BuffyandSpikeForever, and Heaven for the great reviews! Let me know what y'all think of this chap cause I had a really hard time with it. Kuddos!
CH 24 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Thanks y'all for all your support on the last chap. I really struggled with it, and for those of you who didn't care for it, I apologize. I promise there is spuffy in this chapter, so please stick with me. Disclaimer in full effect.
Buffy felt the car pull to a stop and groggily fluttered her eyes open. With a yawn, she questioned her surroundings. “Where are we?”

Spike kissed the top of Buffy’s head and replied, “We just pulled up at Red’s. You can lie down in the back seat here while I drive home if you like.”

Buffy sat up and stretched lazily. “No, I’m good. I’ll come sit up front with you if you don’t mind?” Spike gave her a nod of approval as he slipped out of the back seat and offered her a hand.

Willow and Xander stood on the curb unsure of what to say. Things at the club had taken a drastic turn for the worse in a matter of minutes and everyone was still a bit shocked about what could have really happened if Spike hadn’t gone to look for Buffy.

Buffy slipped from the back seat and saw the uncomfortable looks on Willow and Xander’s faces. Buffy gave them a weak smile and tried to reassure them she was okay. “Nothing happened that I won’t get over guys. Spike stopped him before he could do any real damage.”

Xander gave Buffy a solemn look. “Buffy I’m so sorry, this is all my fault. If I…” Buffy placed a hand on Xander’s arm to stop him. “Xander don’t, you had no idea that something like this would happen. This is just one of those fluke things that no one expects to ever happen to them.” Buffy tried to sound calm but on the inside she was still terrified.

Spike felt rage course threw him again at the mere mention of that night’s happenings. Placing a possessive arm at Buffy’s waist he held her with an almost painful grip. Buffy winced at Spike’s hold and he loosened his grip slightly but never let his hand fall from her side.

Willow looked at Buffy with teary eyes. “Buffy I... what if… I shoul-…” Willow tried but couldn’t get the words out. Buffy wrapped her friend in a reassuring hug. “Willow I’m fine. Nothing major happened; he just scared me is all.”

Willow pulled away and wiped her eyes. “Look at you, you’re comforting me when you’re the one who….” Willow’s voice trailed off. Buffy felt fresh tears begin to prick her eyes. She didn’t want to even imagine what would have happened if Spike hadn’t come to her rescue. With a determined face Buffy stated matter of factly, “It’s over now.”

Spike could tell Buffy was still shook up, grabbing her hand he pulled her to his side. “If you guys don’t mind, I think Buffy and I should get home.”

Xander nodded in agreement. “No problem man. You should probably get those cuts on your face cleaned up anyway, you look like hell,” Xander commented trying to lighten the mood.

Buffy had forgotten about Spike being hurt and turned to look up at him with concerned eyes. “Do you think we should have those looked at by a doctor, you could need stitches?”

Spike felt his heart swell at Buffy’s concern for him. God help him if he wasn’t completely lost to her. Brushing Buffy’s cheek with the back of his hand, he reassured her. “Kitten I’ll be fine. Had worse than this and managed without.”

Buffy went to protest but Spike placed a finger to her lips. “I’m fine; I just want to get you home so we can get you safely tucked away for the night.” Buffy relented and nodded her head. The thought of sleep did sound awfully appealing.

The four friends bid their goodnights and Buffy and Spike got into Spike’s Desoto. Before pulling off Spike called to Willow. “Hey Red how bout we take off a bit later tomorrow morning, I think we could all use a bit of a rest,” Spike suggested.

“Alright, give me a call when you guys are ready to go,” Willow agreed. Spike gave her a wave and drove towards his uncle’s.

Buffy sat quietly just staring out the window. There were so many things running through her mind that it almost made her dizzy. But the one thing that stuck out the most was that Spike had come for her, had risked getting the shit beat out of him, to defend her from an asshole who didn’t know the meaning of no. Glancing over at Spike Buffy saw that he had an expressionless look on his face, his knuckles white from gripping the steering wheel so tight.

Placing a gentle hand on Spike’s arm, Buffy spoke to him in a soft voice. “Spike I’m sorry about tonight, I never meant for this to happen,” Buffy admitted.

Spike snapped his eyes to Buffy. “What? This is not your fault Buffy,” he said in a harsh tone. When he saw Buffy flinch, he instantly softened his demeanor. “Buffy, you have to know you did nothing wrong tonight,” Spike assured her gently.

Buffy felt hot tears run down her cheeks. “I know, it’s just I can’t help but think if I had just been more persistent he would have left me alone,” she whispered meekly.


Spike pulled in his uncle’s driveway and turned off the engine. Turning so he was facing her, he cupped Buffy’s cheeks. “No luv. I hate to say it, but I don’t think it would have made a difference,” taking a cleansing breath he continued. “Fuck sticks like that just don’t know when to quit, he thought he could just take what ever he wanted and no one would do anything about it.”

Buffy gazed deep into Spike’s now stormy blue eyes. How could she ever thank him enough for what he had done for her tonight? Not giving a second thought, Buffy placed a soft kiss to Spike’s lips.

Spike closed his eyes and returned Buffy’s kiss with equal tenderness. This was heaven for him. Buffy had kissed him, not like the few stolen kisses they had shared previously. Lacing his fingers through her hair he deepened the kiss, begging her mouth for entrance.

Buffy felt Spike’s tongue brush her bottom lip and opened her mouth invitingly. They kissed languidly, neither one in a hurry, just enjoying the feel of their tongues caressing each other’s mouths. Spike was the first to pull away. Buffy let out a small whimper of protest and Spike couldn’t help but chuckle. Buffy opened her eyes and frowned.

Spike thought her absolutely adorable as she frowned up at him. Placing a chaste kiss to her bee stung lips he explained. “Don’t think you want to give the neighbors a show luv, figured we could take this inside.”

Buffy blushed crimson red and let out a silent “oh”. They made their way to the house hand in hand.

Spike gave her a wicked grin and unlocked the door. Buffy followed Spike into the house and suddenly found herself pinned against the door with his lips crushed against hers in a demanding kiss.

Spike picked Buffy up and wrapped her slender legs around his waist. When she tightened her hold Spike hissed in pain. Buffy immediately released her legs and broke the kiss. With concern etched on her face she asked, “Oh god, Spike did I hurt you?”

Spike placed Buffy on her feet and lifted his shirt to inspect his tender flesh. Apparently when the asshole had bulldozed him from the side he had clipped him better than Spike had thought.

Buffy ran her hand over the bruise that was now forming at Spike’s side. When Spike winced she looked up at him. “Does it hurt much?” Spike lowered his shirt and shook his head. “Nah, just a wee bit tender s’all.”

Buffy let her eyes rove over Spike’s battered face. A pang of guilt washed over her as she traced over his cuts and bruises. Tears began to sting her eyes. Swallowing the knot that was forming in her throat, she whispered, “I’m so sorry, you’re hurt and it’s all my fault.”

Spike brushed a rogue tear that had escaped Buffy’s eye with the pad of his thumb. “Shh kitten, don’t want to hear you talk like that. I gave as good as I got, if not better, so don’t you go feelin’ sorry for me, the wanker got what was coming to him.”

Buffy had to chuckle at the memory of the guy from the club passed out cold on the floor. Despite the size difference, Spike had kicked the guy’s ass thoroughly. Buffy gave Spike a grin. “You definitely taught him a lesson that’s for sure.”

“Well I’m usually a lover…” Spike trailed off smiling at Buffy suggestively. Buffy felt a jolt of electricity shoot straight to her womb. The way Spike was looking at her right now was causing Buffy to say the hell with it all and give into the desire that was coursing through her every cell. Looking at Spike with lust filled eyes she closed the distance between them and whispered huskily, “You’ll just have to show me how much of a lover you really are.”

Spike felt his cock spring to life at Buffy’s suggestion. Capturing her lips in a fiery kiss, Spike scooped Buffy in his arms and made his way upstairs to do just that.




Thanks to Magz, Opal, spuffette, MidnightGirl, lacey, Brat, Cordykitten, carri, anna, lindsay, BuffyandSpikeForever, Flibble, and jennybean for your reviews. they mean evr so much to me. Y'all are absolutely amazing! Much love!
CH 25 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Okay I guess i will break down and start reposting. I hope you guys will all re-review these chaps cause i love to know what you think. Well enjoy! Discalimer in full effect.
Buffy found her self being swept away by the man she was slowly falling in love with. Time seemed to stop as they made their way up the stairs and into Spike’s room, never breaking the kiss that was slowly consuming them. Spike opened his door and quietly shut it behind him, blocking out the rest of the world.

Reluctantly he pulled his lips from her beautiful mouth and panted for much needed air. “God Buffy, I want you so bleedin’ bad,” he murmured before sucking deliciously on her neck.

Buffy felt a pool of moisture flood between her thighs at Spike’s lust filled admission. The way he was suckling at her neck was driving her to the brink of insanity. Mind made up, she had to have this gorgeous man that was holding her in his strong arms. With a gasp, Buffy moaned. “Ah, Spike want you, need you to touch me,” she pleaded.

Spike left Buffy’s neck and couldn’t help but grin at her mewl of protest from the loss of his ministrations. Placing her in his bed he removed her shoes and slid his hand up her slender calf.

Buffy shivered with want and let out a gasp. Spike curled his tongue behind his teeth and began to leave wet kisses as he trailed up her leg to her thigh.

Buffy screwed her eyes shut. It felt as if a thousand ladybugs were crawling up her leg as Spike kissed and adored her calf and thigh. Just when he was at the hem of her skirt he stopped and Buffy snapped her eyes open to see Spike staring at her with lust filled eyes. “Buffy I want to make you feel good, may I do that?” Spike rasped out.

Buffy nodded her head feeling slightly nervous. She had never been touched like this before. The farthest she had ever been with a boy was making out and only touching above the waist with clothes on.

Spike abandoned Buffy’s thigh and unzipped her mini skirt, pulling the garment slowly down her body. He let his fingers graze her smooth skin, goose bumps forming in his wake.

Buffy was on fire, yet every touch sent chills all over her body. Spike tossed her skirt to the side and took in the beauty that was lying before him.

Buffy instinctively tried to cover her exposed flesh but Spike halted her hands with his. “Uh uh, luv, don’t hide from me. You’re bloody gorgeous, want to see you,” Spike gushed as he skimmed his hands up Buffy’s slender hips and sides dragging her sad excuse for a top, with them.

Buffy blushed at his honest confession and lifted off the bed to help him remove her shirt. She lay before him in nothing but her lacey lavender bra and matching thong. She mentally patted herself on the back for wearing matching underwear that night.

Spike was in awe of the sight before him. Buffy looked even more incredible than any fantasy he could have ever come up with. Leaning in he took one of her lace covered nipples in his mouth and brought it to a stiff peak.

Buffy let out a soft moan as Spike brought his hot wet mouth to her breast. Needing to feel his skin on hers, Buffy tugged his shirt free from his jeans and pulled it over his head to expose his smooth creamy skin.
Spike released her pert nipple before reaching behind her and unclasping her bra and tossing it to the floor. Spike licked and nipped playfully at Buffy taught flesh as he slowly descended her body.

Buffy tensed when she realized what Spike’s intentions were. Spike stopped instantly when he felt her stiffen and looked up at her with concerned eyes. “Do you want me to stop? ‘Cause we don’t have to do this if you’re not comfortable,” Spike reassured her, silently praying she wouldn’t turn him away.

“No it’s not that, it’s just, well I’ve never…” Buffy trailed off feeling a blush course through her whole body.
Spike smiled knowingly. “S’alright kitten, I promise to make it good for you.” He purred, and then turned serious. “Do you trust me?” Spike asked, praying the answer would be yes.

Buffy didn’t even have to think twice. After what Spike had done for her tonight there was no doubt he would do anything to protect her. Conveying all the honesty she felt, she replied, “I trust you.”

Spike felt a wave of relief flood over him. Buffy trusted him. Smiling at her adoringly, he lowered his head and placed feather kisses across her stomach as he murmured, “Just lay back, gonna make you feel good, gonna show you how bloody amazin’ you are.”

Buffy relaxed on the bed as Spike slowly descended down her body.

Spike pulled the small scrap of material that separated him from her untouched treasure and tossed it to the floor. He could smell her arousal and it made his mouth water in anticipation. Spreading her legs, he nestled himself between her thighs and darted his tongue out for his first taste of Buffy’s sweet nectar. “God Buffy, you taste so good,” he gushed before he delved in and lavished her moist center with his tongue.

Buffy bit her lip to quite her moans of pleasure. She had never felt anything so exquisite in her entire life. There was a delicious ache building inside of her that was begging to be released. Buffy bucked her hips and arched her back as she began to pant heavily.

Spike could feel her release coming soon as she clamped her muscles down on his tongue as he pumped it into her at a rapid pace, massaging her feminine walls thoroughly. Using his hand he rubbed at her clit to help bring her over the edge.

Buffy felt a flood of pleasure wash over her and stars burst behind her shut eyes. Buffy tangled her fingers through Spike’s hair and let out her cry of release. “AH! SPIKE YES!!! GOD YES!”

Spike was sure he was going to blow his load in his pants as Buffy moaned out his name. It was the most erotic thing he had ever heard. Spike lapped up every last drop of her essence. Lifting his head from between Buffy’s thighs he gazed at the sated look on her face. Crawling up her limp body he nuzzled her neck affectionately.

Buffy ran her fingers through Spike’s hair and let out a content sigh. Never had she felt more relaxed, but her relaxation turned into want in a matter of seconds. Spike had stirred something in her that she never knew existed. Pulling his mouth to hers, she crushed his lips with a fiery kiss, tasting herself on his lips.

Spike pulled away to see Buffy’s eyes filled with desire. Running his hand down her body he let a slender finger delve deep into her hot wet core. Buffy bucked her hips and mewled in his ear. “Spike I want you,” Buffy pleaded breathlessly.

Spike slowly pumped his finger in and out and then added a second. God she was so bleeding tight. Well of course she was, she was still a virgin. That thought made him stop right then and there. Was Buffy really ready for this? Would she regret this in the morning? He would never be able to live with himself if she rejected him after they shared something so special and intimate as them making love, because that’s exactly what it would be, making love.

Buffy felt Spike still his oh so talented fingers and searched his eyes for what was going on in his head. What she saw was insecurity and a tint of fear. Why was he scared? It wasn’t like it was his first time; giving him a confused look she whispered his name, “Spike?”

Buffy uttering his name brought him back to the moment. “Buffy are you sure about this?”

Buffy felt her own insecurities begin to surface. What if he doesn’t want me? What if I’m no good? What if this is just a one night stand and he wants nothing to do with me after this? Buffy felt tears begin to sting her eyes.

Spike saw her eyes gloss over and mentally kicked himself. God, he was such a git. Removing his fingers from her scorching heat he rolled off of her and lay next to her. “God Buffy, I’m so sorry. You’re not ready and I made you feel like you had to do something you’re not ready for,” Spike apologized.

Buffy looked at him with wide eyes. “No! You didn’t force me to do anything,” she defended. Then looking down insecurely she admitted her fears. “I just thought you didn’t want me and…” But Buffy was unable to finish because Spike was silencing her with a demanding kiss.

Spike pulled away and grinned placing her hand on his rock hard cock. “Does that feel like I don’t want you?” he asked huskily. Buffy blushed and gave him a shy smile. Spike cupped her cheek. “I just don’t want there to be any regrets in the morning s’all,” Spike reassured her.

Buffy reached for the buttons of his jeans and slowly undid them as she looked him in the eyes. “No regrets,” she stated.
Spike gently rolled on top of her and began to kiss her languidly as Buffy slowly removed his pants. His hard cock sprang from their tight confines and landed on Buffy’s stomach with a ‘thwack’. Spike kicked the rest of the way out of his jeans and kicked them to the floor with the rest of their abandoned clothes.

Buffy broke their kiss and glanced down at the huge prick that was resting on her stomach. Buffy’s eyes went wide with astonishment. She had gotten a glance of him in the shower that one time, but it wasn’t near as big as it was right now. Looking up at Spike she swallowed hard.

Spike saw the surprised look on Buffy’s face. He couldn’t help but feel a sense of manly pride. Slipping a hand between them, he plunged two fingers inside her moist center to try and stretch her a bit.

Buffy arched into his hand as he stroked her feminine walls. Digging her fingers in his shoulders she moaned softly. “Gah, Spike I need….mmmm, feels like I’m gonna, ah,” Buffy rambled senselessly as pleasure coursed through her.

“God Buffy you’re so tight, want to be inside you but have to,” Spike groaned as he nipped at the tender flesh of her neck. “Gotta make sure you’re nice a ready for me first.”

Buffy met each thrust of his hand and could feel her release approaching. With a few more strokes of his talented fingers Buffy was being swept away by another orgasm.

Spike felt the tell tale fluttering of her muscles and devoured her mouth, muffling her soft cries. When he felt her come down from her orgasmic high he tore his mouth from hers. Spreading her thighs he nestled between them and positioned himself at her entrance.

“This is gonna hurt a bit, but I promise to be gentle,” Spike said in a comforting tone.

Buffy nodded and prepared herself for the intrusion on her body.

Spike took her lips in a passionate kiss as he slowly slipped the head of his cock in her tight passage. When Buffy tensed he stopped his movements. “Do you want me to stop?” he asked his voice full of concern.

Buffy shook her head. “No, I’m okay, just surprised me is all,” she assured him. Spike captured her lips again and continued to ease in her at a slow pace. When he felt her barrier he broke their kiss and looked deep in her eyes. “Alright kitten, this’ll only hurt for a sec, but if it’s too much you tell me and we can stop,” he explained.

Buffy nodded her head and took a deep breath. In one swift move, Spike pushed past her virginal wall, immediately stilling his movements to let her adjust to him.

Buffy gasped as white hot pain shot through her. She dug her fingers in Spikes back and silent tears ran down her cheeks.

Spike felt his heart break at the pain that was evident all over her beautiful face. Wiping away her tears with the pad of his thumb he murmured affectionately, “So sorry pet. I didn’t hurt you too bad did I? ‘d never hurt you on purpose.”

Buffy felt the pain subside and arousal take over. Looking up at him with lust filled eyes she assured him she was fine. “It doesn’t hurt anymore,” she whispered. Spike smiled at the angel beneath him and started to slowly pump in and out of her tight passage.

Buffy felt pleasure envelope her with each thrust. She had heard tons of girls talk about their first time, but they all paled in comparison to what she was experiencing right now. Feeling more brazen Buffy began to lift her hips experimentally to meet Spikes thrusts.

Spike had to make sure to control himself. This was her first time, it was supposed to be slow and gentle, and he was going to make sure it was a night she would never forget.

Buffy let out a soft moan as her impending orgasm began to build in the pit of her stomach. Spike caressed her cheek and stared deep in Buffy’s eyes. “God you feel so good, never felt anythin’ like it before,” Spike moaned.

Buffy clenched her muscles and screwed her eyes shut. “Oh Spike, I think I’m gonna, uh yes, right now, right now, YES, YES, YES!” Buffy cried as her orgasm washed over her.

Spike felt her flutter around him and he instantly knew he was right behind her. Picking up his pace he shifted slightly and began to pump faster within her. Buffy felt Spike shift and her eyes snapped open wide, every move he made rubbed deliciously against her already sensitive clit. Clamping down hard on his massive cock, Buffy began to shake uncontrollably as pleasure rolled over her once again.

Spike felt the tightening of his sac and buried himself to the hilt. As he shot his seed deep with in her womb, he cried out his release. “AH FUCK! GOD BUFFY, GRAH……”

Spike rolled to his side, bringing Buffy with him as to not loose contact with her body. Breathing raggedly, Spike stroked her hair.

Buffy panted for much needed air and let her cheek rest against Spike’s damp chest. “God that was…”

“Amazin’” Spike finished for her. Spike placed a hand behind Buffy’s head and pulled her to him for a kiss. They kissed languidly until Buffy felt Spike begin to harden within her. She pulled back and gasped in surprise.

Spike grinned at her seductively. “What can I say luv, you bring out the best in me,” his voice was raspy with lust.

Buffy blushed and buried her face in his neck. “God Spike, you’re insatiable,” she mumbled against his skin. Spike rolled them so she was on top. Buffy let out a small shriek and straddled his hips. Spike slowly began to move her hips and Buffy let out a moan.

Buffy picked up his beat and began to slowly rock her hips until they both found release. Buffy collapsed on Spike’s chest panting heavily. Spike brushed her damp hair from her face and wrapped his arms around his girl. He would never stop wanting this. Buffy on top of him, being connected so intimately that it was hard to determine where one began and the other ended.

Buffy felt exhaustion begin to consume her and she let out a yawn. Spike stroked her back and pulled the covers up over her. “Get some sleep luv; we can talk in the morning.”

Buffy leaned up and placed a kiss to Spike’s lips. Nestling in comfortably on top of Spike’s chest Buffy closed her eyes and let sleep carry her away.

When Spike felt Buffy’s breathing even out he kissed the top of her head and whispered, “Night Buffy, I love you,” and followed her into peaceful sleep.
Ch 26 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Thanks to all of you who have re-reviewed, I love you guys!
Buffy groggily opened her eyes and glanced over at the clock on the nightstand. Her eyes widened as the clock flashed ten-thirty. Buffy started to get up but realized she was still lying on top of Spike. More over, he remained still nestled within her. Looking at the sleeping man beneath her, she let out a gasp. His face was now bruised in black and blue and his cheek was still slightly swollen. A pang of guilt washed over her at the realization that his wounds were all her fault.

Buffy slowly rolled off Spike, taking the sheet with her. She climbed out of bed and winced as an ache coursed through her lower body. Hurriedly she began to search for her clothes, but instantly stopped at the sound of Spike’s voice.

“Buffy, what are you doing?” Spike asked sleepily.

Buffy turned to face Spike. She felt a new blush tint her cheeks at the sight of Spike lying on his bed, barely covered.

“I uh, was just gonna go take a shower. You were still asleep, so I didn’t want to wake you,” Buffy explained sheepishly.

Spike got out of bed and wrapped his arms around Buffy’s waist. Nuzzling her neck he murmured, “What’s the hurry luv?” Tugging at her sheet he suggested seductively, “Why don’t you just come back to bed and we can do the whole morning after thing right and proper,”

Buffy felt chills run down her spine as Spike’s warm breath tickled the sensitive flesh on her neck. Buffy instinctively arched her neck to give him better access. Spike took the action as the go ahead and began to suck at the flesh where Buffy’s ear met her neck.

Buffy let out a soft moan in protest. “Mmmmm… Spike we can’t do this, it’s after… ahhhh… ten and we have to… oh god that feels good… get Willow so we can… uhhhh,” but was unable to finish her reasons because Spike was doing all kinds of delicious things to her neck.

Spike chuckled against her neck. “Sorry pet, I didn’t get all that with all your little mmm’s and ah’s.”

Buffy reluctantly freed herself of Spike’s arms and put some distance between them. “Spike I’m serious, we have to…” Buffy stopped mid sentence when she noticed Spike was standing casually before her in all his naked glory. Buffy looked up at Spike with wide eyes.

Spike smirked. “What’s the matter luv? You act like you’ve never seen me naked before,” Buffy went to say something but was interrupted by a knock at the door. Buffy snapped her head around to look at the shut door. Turning back to Spike she whispered, “Oh shit, it’s Giles!”

Spike let out an irritated sigh. “Yeah?” he called out to his uncle.

“William, Willow is on the phone,” Giles called through the shut door.

Spike rolled his eyes, grabbing his jeans from the floor. Slipping them on he went to open the door, but Buffy was on him in a flash.

“Spike, are you insane?” Buffy asked incredulously.

“What?” Spike asked completely clueless.

Buffy looked at him as if he had truly lost his mind. “Uh, hello, standing here in a sheet,” Buffy pointed out.

Spike let out a chuckle. “Buffy I wasn’t gonna invite him in, I was just gonna grab the phone,” Spike explained.

“What if he sees me? How are you gonna explain that one, huh?” Buffy asked dryly. God, Spike could be such a moron sometimes.

Spike shrugged his shoulders. “Don’t have to explain anythin’,” Spike stated matter of factly.

“Last time I checked, we were both consenting adults and didn’t have to ask for permission to have sex,” he said as he placed a chaste kiss to her lips. Before Buffy could argue with him, he opened the door enough to grab the phone in his uncle’s hand.

Giles took one look at Spike and gasped. “Dear Lord William, what happened to you?” His nephew’s face was marred with bruises and what he could see of William’s side looked just as bad.

Spike had forgotten that his face must look like quite a sight this morning. “Oh uh, got in a little tousle last night, no worries,” Spike explained hastily as he went to shut his door.

“William did you get in trouble with the police?” Giles asked becoming slightly irritated.

Spike let out an exasperated sigh. “No. Listen can we talk about this later, Red’s on the phone?” Spike pointed out holding the phone up in his hand.

“I want you to come downstairs when your finished on the phone, understand?” Giles ordered.

“Fine, whatever you want,” Spike replied irritably as he shut the door, but not before Giles caught a glimpse of Buffy standing in nothing but a bed sheet.

Giles stood outside Spike’s door for a moment trying to decipher what he had just seen. What in the bloody hell was Buffy doing in his nephew’s room wearing nothing but a – oh! Giles removed his glasses and began to wipe at them furiously. He was most definitely going to have to have a talk with his nephew.

Spike turned to see Buffy scowling at him. Frowning, Spike put the phone to his ear. “Hey Red.”

“Spike, where the hell have you been? I tried to reach both you and Buffy on your cell phones and all I got was the voicemail,” Willow vented.

“Calm down Red, we must have left our phones in the car last night,” Spike explained.

Willow let out a sigh of relief. “How’s Buffy doing?” Willow asked, concerned for her friend.

“She must still be asleep,” Spike lied.

“What? It’s after ten?” Willow pointed out.

“Yeah, well Buffy had a rough night,” Spike told Willow as he gave Buffy a smirk. Buffy felt her cheeks begin to burn for what must have been the millionth time that morning.

Spike let out a chuckle and tried to get Willow off the line. “Listen Red, as soon as we get ready we’ll give you a call, alright?”

Willow heard Spike chuckle and knew there was something he wasn’t telling her. “Spike what’s going on?”

“What are you talking about?” Spike replied playing dumb.

“William Livingston, I know there’s something you’re not telling me, I can hear it in your voice, so you better fess up,” Willow demanded.

Spike knew that Willow was getting pissed because she had used his full name. If he didn’t get off the phone with her soon he was going to be in big trouble. “Everything’s fine Red. I gotta go get showered so I’ll talk to you later,” he assured the red head hurriedly and hung up the phone without waiting for a response.

Willow sat there staring at the phone. She was so gonna kick Spike’s ass.

Spike set the phone on the nightstand and then turned to Buffy. “Want to explain to me the reason for the petulant scowl that’s marring your gorgeous face?” Spike asked jokingly.


“Like you should have to even ask,” Buffy stated dryly.

“Come on luv,” Spike whined. “Don’t be mad with me.” Spike pouted as he gave Buffy his best puppy eyes and brought her in his arms.

Buffy tried to resist him but took one look at his adorable face and melted. God she was such a sucker. All Spike had to do was look at her and she was putty. Did sex cause you to go all mushy brained? Buffy tried to scowl at Spike but it came across more as a grin. “I’m still mad at you, you know.”

Spike nuzzled her neck. “Then I guess you better punish me then, huh?” Spike replied suggestively.

Buffy let out a groan. “God Spike! Could you be anymore of a horn dog?”

Spike looked Buffy in the eyes and raised his brow suggestively. “Well I could show you if you like,” he purred.

Buffy found herself wanting to give in and pushed Spike away. “No.”

“No? What do you mean no?” Spike pouted jutting out his bottom lip.

God, how she wanted to take that bottom lip and, AH! No! No lusty thoughts of Spike. Putting more distance between them, Buffy shook her head. “No Spike. We have to get ready to leave and you still have to go and talk to Giles,” Buffy explained resolutely.

Spike crossed his arms and continued to pout. “Fine, you go get in the shower and I’ll hurry up and talk to ol’ Rupes so I can come and join you,” Spike replied slyly.

“Alright… hey!” Buffy agreed and then caught onto what Spike had said. “I so don’t think so mister,” Buffy said as she adamantly shook her head.


“Too late princess you already said okay,” Spike replied cheekily as he stole a quick kiss and headed out the door before Buffy could argue with him.

Buffy stared at the shut door. He wouldn’t really try and get in the shower with her would he? Buffy gathered her clothes off of the floor and went to get her things from her room. Once in the bathroom, Buffy double-checked the lock on the door just to be on the safe side.
CH 27 by beasleysmom
Spike tromped down the stairs and headed to the kitchen for the inevitable chat with his uncle. Spike took a seat across the breakfast table from Giles and let out a heavy sigh. “Alright Rupes, let’s have it.”

Giles removed his glasses and pinched the bridge of his nose. “Right then, Now explain to me why your face looks like you ran into a brick wall William because right now I really am imagining the worst,” he asked exasperatedly.

There was no use candy coating the situation so Spike looked his uncle in the eyes and explained. “Last night Xander and I took Willow and Buffy to this strip club just out side of town and… What?” Spike asked as Giles stared at him as if he had grown a second head.

“You took Buffy and Willow to a strip club?” Giles asked incredulously.

“Well yeah,” Spike replied as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

“Dear lord William! Those girls had no business in an establishment like that, what if something would have happened to them,” Giles stated angrily.

Spike had the decency to look ashamed. His uncle was right. If they hadn’t gone to that seedy club last night then Buffy wouldn’t have been put in the compromising situation that she had had the misfortune of being in.

Spike looked up at his uncle with remorseful eyes. “We just wanted to have a good time and things kinda got out of hand s’all,” he admitted quietly.

Giles shook his head and asked, “What exactly happened last night William?”

“Well everything was fine until Buffy left for the loo and some asshole tried to manhandle her,” Spike confessed feeling rage course through him at the mere thought of the prick that had dared to touch his girl.

Giles was absolutely stunned. “Dear Lord, is Buffy alright?” he asked full of concern for the young blond he had become quite found of.

“Buffy’s fine, just a bit shook up is all. I took care of the git before he could do any real damage, hence the busted up face,” Spike gestured to his bruised eye.

Giles let out a sigh of relief. “Good.” Then giving his nephew a pointed look he asked, “Then maybe you could explain to me why Buffy was standing in your room this morning in nothing but a bed sheet.”

Spike stared at his uncle wide eyed and slack jawed. Holy shit! He must have seen Buffy when the door was ajar. Unable to come up with an intelligent response Spike muttered, “Huh?”

“No use in playing dumb with me William, I saw Buffy in your room, now I want an explanation,” Giles stated firmly.

Spike let his anger rise to the surface. “I don’t think that any of your bloody business,” Spike snapped.

Giles crossed his arms over his chest and glared at Spike. “It very well is. This is my house and as long as you’re under my roof you are my responsibility William,” he pointed out heatedly.

“I’m not a bleeding child Rupert so you don’t have to go treatin’ me like one. What I do is my business. You’re not my sodding father!” Spike yelled.

Giles was taken aback by his nephew’s harsh words. Unable to hide his hurt he quietly remarked, “William I know I’m not your father, but I still worry about you as if you were my own.”

Spike instantly regretted his hurtful words. Giles was the closest thing he had to a father now and he had taken that relationship for granted.

Giving his uncle a remorseful look he apologized. “Listen I’m sorry, I didn’t mean what I said.” Letting out a heavy sigh he continued, “You’ve been there for me ever since my Da’ left and helped me mum when she needed getting back on her feet, so honest, I didn’t mean it. You’re the closest thing I have to a father and I hope you know how much it means to me,” Spike confessed.

Giles smiled at his nephew. “I know William, I just don’t want to see anything happen to you. You have turned into a fine young man. I know you would never do anything intentionally to hurt Buffy, but I have to admit it’s rather disconcerting that just yesterday you two claimed to be just friends and now this morning you two were, well uh, you know,” Giles replied as he nervously cleaned at his glasses. He had never been too comfortable with the whole talk of sex with his nephew.

“You’re right, I would never hurt Buffy,” Spike stated matter of factly. “As far as the sudden change, well I think I’ve always felt this way about her just couldn’t admit it to m’self,” Spike admitted as he blushed slightly and scratched at his head nervously. This wasn’t something he really wanted to talk to his uncle about.

Giles could see William was just as uncomfortable talking about such matters as he was. Wanting to know Spike’s full intentions, he asked, “William have you told Buffy how you feel?”

Buffy heard yelling downstairs and slowly came down and stood outside the kitchen, wondering if she could hear what was going on. She knew what ever it was it had to do with her, so she stood quietly as she could and listened.

“No I haven’t,” Spike admitted. “We decided that we would talk when we got back to LA.”

Giles sat for a moment before asking, “So how exactly do you feel about Buffy?”

Buffy clasped a hand over her mouth to keep from letting out a gasp. Her heart began to hammer in her chest and her knees felt like they would give any second. Buffy closed her eyes and waited for Spike to admit his true feelings.

Spike took a deep breath and looked his uncle in the eyes and confessed. “I think I love her.”

Buffy felt her stomach drop to her knees. Spike had just admitted that he loved her! Well, he had said he thought he did, but that was more than enough to send her mind spiraling out of control. What was she going to do? She knew she felt strongly for Spike, but was it love? Slowly Buffy backed up to go back up stairs but some how managed to bump into the sofa table in the hall making a loud thump. Buffy cursed under her breath and stopped in her tracks.

Giles was about to open his mouth to say something when he heard something in the hallway. Spike spun around and called out, “Buffy is that you?”

Buffy took a deep breath. “Uh, yeah, sorry I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going and bumped into the table in the hall,” Buffy, covered trying to act casual as she walked into the kitchen.

Giles smiled at the young blond. “Morning Buffy,” then looking at his watch he amended, “Well I guess more like afternoon.”

Buffy giggled nervously. “Yeah, I guess I slept in this morning.” Buffy took a seat at the bar and began to fidget with her hands nervously.

Spike frowned at Buffy’s obvious uneasiness. Did she overhear his conversation with Giles? Spike looked at Buffy but she wouldn’t meet his gaze. Something was wrong and he was damn well going to find out what it was. Looking over at his uncle he gave him a look and asked, “Didn’t you say that you would get me one of those calling card things so I could call my mum from school?”

Giles gave Spike a confused look and then took the hint. “Right! Yes, I should go do that now so I can be back before you two leave. Is there anything else you need me to pick up?” Spike shook his head and Giles turned to Buffy. “Buffy what about you?”

“Uh no, I’m good, thanks,” Buffy answered giving him a small smile.

“Alright then. I should be back soon,” Giles said and then was out the door to leave the two blonds to talk.

Buffy watched as Giles walked out the door. She was all alone with Spike. A sudden wave of panic washed over her. Should she let on that she had heard Spike admit to Giles that he loved her? Why had he told Giles in the first place? Oh god Giles knows! Looking up at Spike with wide eyes she gasped, “He knows.”

Spike didn’t know what to say. If he told her the truth she would be mortified. Spike looked Buffy in the eyes and lied to her face. “No pet, he doesn’t know.”

Buffy gave him a confused look. “Than why did you…” Buffy trailed off realizing she was about to ask about his confession.

Spike frowned. “Why did I what?” What the hell was she going on about?

Buffy shifted nervously in her seat. Shit! How was she going to cover for this? Quickly she said the first thing that came to mind. “Well I heard you yelling and I just thought maybe it was because Giles saw me this morning.” Buffy prayed that Spike would believe her.

Oh Fuck! Buffy had heard them arguing. Spike scratched at his head. “Well, Rupert wasn’t too happy about my little scuffle last night and we might have shared a few choice words.” Spike explained. It wasn’t exactly a lie.

Buffy knew Spike wasn’t being completely honest with her, he was doing the nervous scratching his head thing that he only did when he was lying. The question was, what was he lying about? Buffy crossed her arms over her chest. “You’re lying.” She stated matter of factly.

Spike looked at Buffy aghast. “What?”

Buffy raised a brow at him. “Spike you’re so obvious. You do the whole,” Buffy mimicked his nervous head scratching habit, “when you’re trying to hide something,” she pointed out.

Damn she was good. They hadn’t been living together for more than three months and she already knew his nervous habits. Spike gave her a sheepish look. “I’m not exactly lyin’, just maybe not the whole truth,” Spike admitted.

“And the difference would be?”

“Well, if I was lyin’ to you I would have said that we weren’t fightin’ at all,” Spike explained.

Buffy cocked a brow at him. “So you merely lied about what you were fighting about then?” Buffy asked getting irritated with him.

Spike could tell Buffy was starting to get pissed at him. He needed to start digging and digging fast. “No not exactly. We did argue about me gettin’ into a fight last night, we just might have also had a heated discussion about you and me,” Spike replied timidly, waiting for Buffy to blow up at him.

Buffy went wide eyed. “Giles does know doesn’t he?” Buffy shook her head knowingly. “I knew it! How could you lie to me and tell me he didn’t? God Spike!” Buffy yelled.

Spike got up from his chair and went to stand in front of Buffy. “I only did it so you wouldn’t feel all awkward in front of him Buffy,” Spike defended.

“Well you know what Spike, I don’t need you to protect me okay,” Buffy snapped.

“Well excuse me for trying to make this a little less awkward for you. I was only trying to help,” Spike snapped back.

They stood there for a moment in silence before Spike gave in. “Buffy lets not fight, we should be talking about how were gonna try and give us a go, not arguing about some stupid fight I had with Giles that’s not even important,” Spike said softly as he looked into her big green eyes.

Buffy took one look at Spike’s eyes and melted. God she had to stop doing that. Letting out a sigh, Buffy agreed. “Fine we won’t fight.”

Spike kissed the tip of her nose. “That’s my girl.” Pulling her off the stool, he wrapped his arms around her waist. “So, does this mean that we’re together now?” Spike asked hopefully.

Buffy pulled herself from Spikes arms. “Spike, things are moving way too fast. Maybe we should take a few steps back and go from there, “Buffy admitted softly.

Spike couldn’t hide the hurt in his eyes. “Buffy how many steps back do you want to take exactly?”

“How about we try dating?” Buffy suggested hopefully.

Spike placed a soft kiss to her forehead. “Alright pet, if that’s what you want.” Spike wanted so much more, but this was a start.

Buffy let out a sigh of relief. “Yeah, it is.” Buffy looked up into Spikes deep blue eyes.

“I just want to make sure that this will work Spike.” Buffy explained.

Spike brushed her hair behind her ear. “You want to take things slow, I get that.” Giving her a determined look he stated, “I don’t care what I have to do Buffy, I’m gonna show you this can work.”

Buffy laid her head on Spike’s chest. “I know you will Spike, it’s just gonna take me some time. Can you give me that?” Buffy asked softly.

Spike stroked her hair and kissed the top of her head. “Sure luv, you can have all the time in the world.” He wanted to tell Buffy that he loved her and that he wasn’t going anywhere, but now wasn’t the time. Just knowing that she was willing to try was enough for now.

Buffy gave a content sigh. She still wasn’t sure if this was going to work but Spike had said he would give her time and that was a start, and right then that’s all that mattered.
CH 28 by beasleysmom
Buffy stayed in Spike’s arms for quite some time just enjoying the feel of his warmth. She had to admit it felt nice, but the moment didn’t last long because Giles came home. As soon as Giles stepped through the door Buffy jumped out of Spike’s arms as if she had been burned.

Spike looked at Buffy with hurt eyes and then turned to his uncle. “So, did you find one of those calling cards?” he asked in a somewhat mournful tone.


Giles noted the morose tone in his nephew’s voice and looked between Spike and Buffy. He wondered how things had gone between the blond couple while he was gone. If the tone of Spikes voice was any indication then it hadn’t gone well. Settling his eyes on Spike he replied, “Uh yes, as a matter of fact I did.”

Giles pulled the calling card out of his pocket and handed it to Spike. “Just call and let me know when it gets low on minutes and I’ll send you money to get it topped up.”

Spike smiled gratefully. “Thanks Rupes. Mum will be more than happy.”

Spike turned to look at Buffy and saw her fidgeting with the hem of her sweater nervously. Why was she being so distant? He had to admit it stung a bit when Buffy had jumped away from him the second they weren’t alone. He wanted to ask what was bothering her but it wouldn’t do any good with his uncle there. Spike decided he would ask later when they had some time alone.

The three of them stood in the kitchen silently. When the silence became too much Buffy spoke up. “I should go and pack my things so we can get headed back to LA,” and than headed upstairs without giving either British man a second glance.

Giles watched as Buffy retreated from the kitchen up the stairs. Turning to his nephew he asked, full of concern, “Is everything all right between you and Buffy?”

Spike turned and looked in the direction Buffy had just left and muttered softly, “I thought they were.”

Buffy pulled her things from the dresser and began to pack them in her suitcase. She couldn’t get the hurt look on Spike’s face out of her mind. She hadn’t meant to jump away from him like that, it was just a reflex. Reflex? Why did she feel the need to hide the fact that she and Spike now had a relationship that was more than friendly? Buffy snapped out of her thoughts when a soft knock sounded at the door. She let out a sigh as the door opened and Spike came to sit on the bed. Well, it had taken longer than she had thought.

Spike looked up at Buffy and cut right to the chase. “Why did you pull away from me like that when Rupert came home?” he asked softly, voice full of hurt.

Buffy let out a sigh, setting down the shirt she had in her hands. “Spike I didn’t mean to hurt you by jumping away, it’s just,” Buffy stopped to think of how to say this with out upsetting him. “It’s just gonna take some getting used to is all,” she explained softly.

Spike knew he shouldn’t be angry by what Buffy had said, but he was. Looking at her with cold eyes he snapped, “So what, every time I go to touch you when someone is around you’re gonna treat me like a damn leper!” He hadn’t meant to sound so formidable, but he was hurt by her actions.

Buffy scowled and put her hands on her hips. “You know I didn’t mean it like that. I’m sorry if it takes me more than five seconds to adjust to,” gesturing between the two of them, “us.” Buffy snapped back.

Spike let out a groan and flopped back on the bed. “God Buffy, why does it always have to be a fight with you?”

“What? I’m not the one who started this!” she pointed out incredulously.

Spike sat up and chuckled at the irony of the situation “Look at us, it hasn’t even been twenty-four hours and we’re already working on our second argument.” Spike pointed out wearily.

“Well, then maybe this isn’t such a good idea then,” Buffy suggested quietly. She could feel the tears that were stinging the backs of her eyes threatening to surface.

Spike got up from the bed and lifted her chin in his hand as he looked deep in her big green eyes. “Is that really what you want Buffy?” he asked, his voice was full of desperation.

Buffy felt a rouge tear fall from her eye. “I don’t know?” she admitted softly.

Spike felt his heart break in two. He was loosing her. He hadn’t had her for more than twelve hours and she was already slipping through his fingers. Swallowing down the lump in his throat, he cupped her cheeks and placed a soft kiss to her lips. “Well when you figure it out let me know.” Spike whispered and then turned and walked away shutting the door behind him.

Buffy waited for the door to close before falling face first on the bed and letting out a strangled sob. How had things gone so wrong between them? Rolling on her back Buffy wiped away her tears and took a cleansing breath. Did she really want to end things with Spike? The simple answer was no. Buffy got off the bed and new determination went to tell Spike how she felt.

Spike slammed the door of his room and let the tears that he had been holding in fall. He wiped at them furiously as he paced his room. Spike found his cigarettes on the dresser and lit one up, letting the nicotine wash over him. Why wasn’t this making him feel better? With a frustrated growl, Spike snuffed out the lit cigarette under his boot and tossed it in the trashcan. Spike frowned noticing the only thing in the trashcan was his cigarette. Had Giles emptied the trash this morning? No, he couldn’t have because Spike went down and talked to him in the kitchen and then his uncle had left for the store. So if Giles hadn’t emptied the trash can, then where were the used condoms that should have been in the trash?

Spike felt his stomach drop to his knees. Oh buggering fucking hell! There were no used condoms because they hadn’t used any. Spike felt as if the air was being sucked out of the room. How could he have been so stupid? Did Buffy realize that they had had unprotected sex? Obviously not because she would have said something to him by now. Spike sat on the edge of his bed and buried his face in his hands. As if things weren’t bad enough already, now they would have to worry about Buffy potentially being pregnant. Spike was brought from his thoughts by a knock at the door. Wiping away all traces of tears, he opened the door and was surprised to see Buffy standing there.

Buffy looked up at Spike and asked quietly, “Can I come in?”

Spike stepped aside to let her in. Shutting the door he turned and started, “Buffy I think…” But was cut off by Buffy’s lips pressed firmly against his. Once the shock subsided he returned her kiss with equal fervor.

Buffy pulled away and murmured softly, “I’m sorry.”

“Buffy I…” Buffy placed a finger to Spikes lips to quiet him. Buffy looked Spike deep in the eyes. “No Spike, lets just start over, can we do that?”


Spike stared back at Buffy. He really should say something about the protection thing, but she looked so happy that he couldn’t bring himself to ruin the moment. Pushing all thoughts away he smiled and agreed. “I would like that.” He could wait to talk to her about their lack of birth control, right now it was about them starting over.

Buffy smiled and hugged Spike. “I’m so sorry Spike; I really do want to try to make this work.”

Spike nuzzled Buffy’s neck and inhaled deeply. God she felt good in his arms. How had he ever lived without this? Pulling back so he could see her face he said, “I’m sorry too pet, I shouldn’t have snapped at you like I did, we’ll take things as slow as you need. I promise from here on out things will only get better for us Buffy, you’ll see.” Spike placed a chaste kiss to her lips and laid her cheek against his chest. Kissing the top of her head Spike closed his eyes and prayed that he could keep that promise.
CH 29 by beasleysmom
Buffy and Spike came down stairs hand in hand, smiling foolishly. Giles stood by the door next to their bags and couldn’t hide his excitement that the two blonds had finally admitted they felt more for one another than just friends. With a huge smile Giles pointed out, “Well it looks like you two finally got everything sorted out.”

Buffy blushed and stood next to Spike at the bottom of the stairs. Spike placed a kiss to the top of Buffy’s head and grinned at his uncle. “Yeah we have, we decided to take things slow and see where it takes us.” Spike replied giddily.

Giles couldn’t remember the last time he had seen his nephew so enamored with a girl. Giles gave Spike a knowing look and replied. “Slow is good.”

Spike knew what his uncle was insinuating and felt his cheeks flush. Buffy looked between the two Brits and knew exactly what they were thinking. Buffy fought the urge to drop Spike’s hand and run. God could this be anymore embarrassing.

Buffy’s cheeks soon matched Spike’s and Giles couldn’t help but laugh. Spike glared at his uncle and grumbled, “Oh shut up and help me with our bags.”

Giles stifled his laughter grabbing a bag in each of his hands and headed out to the car. Glancing back over his shoulders he started another round of laughter and nearly tripped over the bags in his hands.

“See that’s what you get old man,” Spike called to his fumbling uncle and then turned to Buffy with apologetic eyes. “Sorry ‘bout that kitten.”

“I am so never coming back,” Buffy stated resolutely as she buried her face in her hands.

Spike removed her hands from her face and grinned at her. “Oh come on luv, it’s not that bad.” Spike brought Buffy in his arms and placed a soft kiss to her lips. “Besides, you’ll have to come back when my mum comes to visit this spring,” Spike pointed out.

He wants me to meet his mother? Buffy felt slightly panicked. You only met family when you were serious about someone. Buffy smiled and replied nervously, “Sure.”

Spike could see panic flash behind Buffy’s eyes at the mention of meeting his mother. Not wanting to overwhelm her he said, “But we’ll deal with that when the time comes, no pressure.”

Buffy let out a sigh of relief and smiled brightly at him. She gave Spike a quick kiss then pushed at him playfully. “Alright go help Giles before he tries to lift my bag and pulls something.”

Spike chuckled. “Yeah ‘cause you packed as if you were going on a bloody month long trip,” he teased.

Buffy gave him a cheeky grin. “Yeah well I didn’t see you complaining when we would go out at night.”

Spike grinned at her suggestively, “I damn sure didn’t.”

Spike went to lunge in for a mind blowing kiss but Buffy put up her hands up in defense. “Uh, uh, go.” Buffy demanded.

Spike jutted out his lip and relented. “Fine I’m goin’,” he pouted and tromped to the car like a sullen child. Buffy let out a giggle and watched as Spike loaded the car. Buffy couldn’t hide the smile on her face. Things were no doubt going to be interesting when they got back to LA.


Spike stood next to the car with Buffy at his side as they said goodbye to Giles. Spike smiled at his uncle appreciatively. “Thanks for having us this weekend.”

Giles smiled at his nephew. “Quite all right.” Giles turned to Buffy and opened his arms to invite her in for a hug. Buffy graciously accepted. “Thank you for the lovely weekend Giles; I can’t thank you enough.”

Giles pulled away and smiled affectionately at the small blond. “It was a pleasure having you Buffy. Do promise you’ll come back and visit soon.”

Buffy smiled brightly and looked over at Spike as she responded. “I think I can do that.” Spike smiled at Buffy and placed a kiss to her temple.

Giles removed his glasses and began to polish them. Spike chuckled at his uncle’s nervous habit and leaned in so only he could hear him. “I’d hate to see what would happen to those glasses of yours if you actually saw us snoggin’.” Spike teased. Giles gave him a dry look and replaced his glasses.

They all said their final goodbyes and Giles watched as Spike and the young girl, that Giles was sure was the one, drive off to their life back in LA.


Spike cut off the engine when they pulled up in front of Willow’s house. Buffy turned to Spike and stopped him before he could get out of the car. Buffy worried her bottom lip as she asked softly, “Spike do you think we could wait to tell Wills about us?” Spike gave Buffy a wounded look.

Buffy saw the look on Spike face and quickly explained. “I just want us to have one day without all the pressure and questions.”

Spike studied Buffy for a moment. Letting out a sigh he agreed. “Fine. We’ll wait and tell Red,” his voice was full of disappointment.

Buffy cupped Spikes cheeks and placed a kiss to his full lips. “Thank you and I promise just as soon as we get home and figure everything out we’ll let everyone know,” she assured him.

Spike gave her a hopeful look. “Tell everyone that you’re my girl?”

Spike’s words touched something in her heart she had never felt before. His girl. It caused her to feel all warm and tingly inside. Giving him a shy smile she replied, “Yeah, we’ll tell them I’m your girl.”

Spike captured Buffy’s mouth in a fiery kiss. Buffy felt herself being swept away and pulled away panting for air. Opening her eyes she saw the want burning in Spike’s. Swallowing hard Buffy suggested, “We should probably go get Willow before things,”

“Go too far.” Spike finished for her. Buffy nodded her head. Spike took a deep breath and shifted himself in his jeans. God, what she did to him with just a kiss. Buffy blushed and looked away shyly. Spike got out of the car and opened Buffy’s door for her. Offering her a hand he helped Buffy out of the car. Looking at Willow’s front door he let out a sigh and put some distance between them. “Come on luv, let’s go get Red and get this show on the road.” Buffy nodded in agreement and followed Spike to get Willow.
CH 30 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Thanks again to everyone who is re-reviewing for me, I so appreciate it! Discalaimer in full effect.
Willow heard the doorbell ring and came bouncing down the stairs. She threw open the door and smiled brightly at Buffy, then she turned to Spike and scowled. She was still miffed at him for hanging up on her this morning.

Spike grinned and shook his head. “Pissed with me are you Red?”

Willow crossed her arms and jutted out her chin. “Yes,” she replied tersely.

Spike pouted and gave her his best puppy eyes. “Come on now Red, do you think you can find it in that big heart of yours to forgive me?”

Willow rolled her eyes and caved. “Fine, I forgive you, but next time I won’t be as lenient,” she stated, giving him her resolve face.

Spike grinned at his red headed friend. “At a girl.”

Willow shook her head, letting a small grin cross her face. She had always been a sucker when it came to Spike.

Willow turned to Buffy with concerned eyes. “How are you doing this morning?”

Buffy looked at Willow with wide eyes. “What?” Oh God was Willow asking about her and Spike?

Willow gave her a confused look. “You know, after last night at the club.” What did Buffy think she was talking about?

“Oh right, the club, no I’m fine,” Buffy replied a little too hastily.

Willow frowned but let it go. Stepping aside, she invited the two blondes in. “Come on in while I go grab my things and then we can head out.” Willow headed up the stairs to her room.

As soon as Willow was out of sight Spike turned to Buffy and let out the chuckle he had been holding in. “You ‘bout told on yourself there Summers,” Spike teased.

Buffy didn’t find Spike at all funny. Shooting a dirty look at him she grumbled, “Oh shut up Spike.”

Spike grinned at her suggestively. “Why don’t you make me?” The innuendo clear in his tone.

Buffy felt her heart begin to race and a tingling sensation between her thighs. Buffy unconsciously licked her lips and let her eyes rest on Spike’s oh so kissable mouth. God she wanted those lips on hers.

Spike saw the wanton look in Buffy’s eyes and wasted no time presenting her mouth with a heated kiss. Buffy fell limp in his arms and gave into his magic lips. They both pulled back panting for air, looking dazed with lust. Just as Spike was about to ravage Buffy’s mouth again, he heard Willow coming down the stairs.

Buffy found an interesting spot on the floor and avoided eye contact with the red head who had a questioning look on her face.

Willow handed her things to Spike and asked, “Spike could you put my things in the car for me?” Spike nodded and headed out the door.

When Spike was out the door Willow placed her hands on her hips and gave Buffy the ever faithful resolve face. “Alright Buffy I know something’s up.”

Buffy looked at Willow and replied meekly, “Listen Wills, I promise to tell you everything when we get back to LA, but right now can we just not get into it.”

“Can you just tell me if it has something to do with last night?”

Oh, if Willow only knew. “Well sort of,” Buffy confessed.

Willow got an excited look on her face and asked giddily, “Oh! Are you and Spike together?”

Buffy couldn’t help but grin. “Well maybe,” Buffy replied, slightly giddy. Willow began to squeal, jumping up and down.

Buffy grabbed a hold of her spastic friend. “Willow calm down, Spike will be back any second,” Buffy demanded unable to hold back a chuckle.

“So?” Willow stated matter of factly.

“Well, we decided to wait until we could figure everything out before we went telling everyone.” Buffy explained.

Willow raised a brow at Buffy knowingly. “So when you say ‘we’ what you really mean is ‘you’.”

Buffy looked at Willow surprised. “What’s that supposed to mean?”
“Come on Buffy, we both know that Spike is head over heels for you and wouldn’t want to keep it a secret if you two were together, so it would have to be your idea to wait.”

“I just want to give it some time to sink in before there’s all that pressure is all,” Buffy admitted meekly.

Willow gave her friend a sympathetic look. “I get that, but Buffy you’ve got to stop fighting this. This could be your chance to find the real thing, and believe me that is definitely of the good,” Willow pointed out gently.

Buffy smiled at Willow. “Thanks Wills.”

“Your welcome,” Willow grinned playfully. “I should start charging for all the advice I’ve been giving you lately,” she teased.

“If you did that you would be able to put yourself through college,” Buffy replied dryly.

Both girls found themselves in a round of giggles as Spike walked in the door giving them a suspicious look. Buffy and Willow sobered as Willow quickly assured Spike, “It’s a girl thing, you really don’t want to know.”

Spike wrinkled his nose as thoughts of womanly issues popped to mind. “Yeah, probably not,” Spike agreed.

Willow laughed and shook her head. “Come on guys, let’s get going.”

Buffy realized that Willow’s parents hadn’t come to see their daughter off and commented on it. “Hey Wills, where are your parents?”

“Oh they left this morning to head up to my aunt’s for the day. They thought I was leaving early, so after breakfast they left,” Willow explained.

The three friends jumped into the faithful old Desoto for the journey back to LA. Willow was talking animatedly in the back seat about Xander and his plans to come to UCLA for a visit. Half listening, Buffy reached over and grabbed Spike’s hand in hers, letting a smile cross her face.

Spike looked down at their clasped hands and then turned to see Buffy with a bright smile on her face. Unable to hide the grin on his own face he stroked the back of her hand with his thumb and let out a content sigh.

Willow could see the happy looks on both her friends’ faces and realized no one was listening to her. Willow caught Spike’s eye in the review mirror and winked knowingly.

Spike raised a brow at her questioningly. Willow grinned mischievously and said, “I guess I’m gonna take a little nap, wake me up when we stop to get a bite to eat,” and then settled into the large back seat.

Buffy glanced over her shoulder to see Willow curled up with her eyes closed. Buffy scooted over to Spike and placed her head on his shoulder. “A nap sounds kinda good,” Buffy said as she snuggled into Spike’s side.

Spike put his arm around her shoulder, pulling her snug against him. Placing a kiss to the top of Buffy’s head, he suggested, “You take a nap and I’ll stop in an hour or so to get my girl a bite to eat, yeah?”

Buffy kissed Spike’s cheek. “Mmmm, sounds good.”

“Hey, what about me back here, huh?” Willow asked with a huge grin on her face, though, never opening her eyes.

Spike looked at Willow in the rearview. “Should’ve known you weren’t asleep back there, you weren’t snoring up a storm,” Spike teased.

Willow cracked an eye at him. “I do not snore, “Willow retorted indignantly as she closed her eyes.

Buffy glanced over her shoulder at Willow. “You think you’re sneaky don’t you?” Buffy asked slightly amused. Willow’s only response was to grin. Buffy looked up and Spike. “Well, I think Willow knows,” she pointed out.

Spike leaned down and placed a quick kiss to Buffy’s lips. “Yep, I think the cat is most definitely out of the bag.”

Buffy let out a soft chuckle settling into Spike’s embrace. They rode in silence for only a matter of seconds before a quite grumble of, “It’s about damn time,” came from the back seat.
CH 31 by beasleysmom
Spike pulled into the gas station/McDonalds and shut off the engine. Placing a sweet kiss to Buffy’s temple, he murmured, “Wake up kitten.”

Buffy rubbed at her eyes and questioned her surroundings. “Where are we?”

“’Bout an hour outside of LA. Figured we might as well get gas now while I get you girls a bite to eat,” Spike explained grinning at Buffy madly. She looked absolutely adorable when she first woke up.

Buffy glanced over her shoulder to see Willow fast asleep, snoring softly. Buffy let out a small giggle. “And she said she doesn’t snore.” Turning to back to Spike she stifled a yawn. “I guess I was more tired than I thought” she admitted sheepishly.

Spike gave her a suggestive grin. “Well it could be from staying up so late last night luv,” he said as he waggled his brow at her.

Buffy stared at Spike wide eyed and smacked him across the chest. Spike just simply laughed and got out to start pumping gas. Buffy shook her head and settled back in her seat. It felt so strange to be able to be so openly affectionate toward Spike, and yet it just felt right. Letting a grin cross her face, Buffy let out a content sigh. She could get used to this.

Spike got back in the car and pulled into a vacant space in the parking lot. Spike glanced in the back seat to make sure Willow was still asleep and then caught Buffy off guard with a passionate kiss.

Buffy’s first instinct was to protest but when she felt Spike’s tongue softly caress hers she instantly melted into his fiery kiss and returned it with equal fervor. When air became an issue they both reluctantly pulled away panting. Buffy felt as if her whole body was on fire. In a breathy voice Buffy asked, “What was that for?”

Spike grinned at Buffy and softly stroked her jean covered knee. “Couldn’t help myself. Been too long since I kissed you right an’ proper,” Spike purred as he inched his hand slowly up Buffy’s thigh.

Buffy felt her breath hitch in her throat. Even though Spike wasn’t even touching her skin she could feel the heat radiating off his hand and it sent a rush of goose bumps all over her body. Buffy rolled her eyes shut and began to breathe rapidly from Spike’s soft touch.

Spike watched Buffy began to react to his touch and felt himself becoming hard. She had managed to turn him on just by fucking breathing. Spike was just about to the spot where her thigh met that sweet spot between her legs when Willow began to stir in the back seat. Spike slowly brought his hand away from Buffy’s leg and let a slew of curse words fall silently from his lips. Red couldn’t have had worse timing.

Buffy snapped her eyes open when Spike pulled his hand away and turned to him with questioning eyes. Spike nodded his head in the direction of the back seat, gesturing towards Willow. Buffy took a steadying breath and then turned around to look at her red headed friend.

Willow let out a yawn and stretched in the back seat. “Are we there yet?” she asked in a sleep filled voice.

“No. Just stopped for food and gas,” Spike replied in a tight voice. Buffy simply grinned at Spike, knowing why he was so ‘flustered’.

Willow frowned. Why did Spike sound so tense? Did he and Buffy have an argument? Willow looked over at Buffy and noticed she was grinning, so it couldn’t be that they were fighting. As if a light bulb had gone off in Willow’s head she took in Buffy’s flushed state and put two and two together. Ah! That’s why Spike sounded that way. Letting out a soft chuckle Willow patted Spike’s shoulder. “Oh good, I’m starved.”

Buffy and Willow got out of the car and stretched lazily, but Spike stayed firmly in his seat. Willow leaned over and grinned knowingly at Spike. “Hey aren’t you gonna get out of the car?” she asked teasingly.

Spike shot Willow a dirty look. “Yeah, give us a minute. My legs asleep,” Spike lied. He knew for a fact by the look on Willow’s face that she was well aware of his predicament.

“Well I always find that if you rub at it that it seems to go way.” Then with a smirk Willow added, “Maybe Buffy could help you out.”

Buffy was completely unaware of what Willow was talking about and leaned over next to her friend. “Which leg is it Spike?” Willow almost fell over from laughing so hard. Buffy frowned wondering what the hell was so funny.

Spike glared at the red head and then looked at Buffy. “It’s nothing pet, I should be fine, just need to walk it off is all.”

Spike got out of the car and discretely adjusted himself, ending up next to Buffy and a hysterical Willow. Spike took Buffy’s hand in his and shoved Willow in the direction of the door. “Oh just shut your gob Red and come on,” he snapped as he opened the door to McDonalds.

Willow wiped at her eyes and grabbed her sides. “Oh, I don’t think I’ve laughed that hard in a long time,” Willow gasped following Spike and Buffy to the registers.

Spike pulled Buffy to his side and asked, “What’ll it be luv?” Buffy reached in her pocket for her money and handed it to Spike.

“I hope you don’t actually think I’m gonna take that?” Spike asked incredulously. Buffy wrinkled her brow in confusion. Spike looked at her like she was crazy. “Buffy, no girl of mine is gonna spend her own money as long as I’m still living and breathing,” he explained.

Buffy gave Spike a soft smile. “Well in that case, I’ll have a cheeseburger, fries, and a coke, oh and one of those apple pies,” Buffy replied giddily.

Spike placed a chaste kiss to her lips. “At a girl. I like a girl with a healthy appetite.” Spike turned to Willow and asked, “What about you Red? What’ll it be?”

“Sorry Spike, not your girl, not your bill,” Willow chirped as she studied the menu.

Spike shrugged his shoulders. “Fine suit yourself.”

Spike placed his and Buffy’s order and stepped aside so Willow could place hers. Spike wrapped his arms around Buffy’s waist and gave her an Eskimo kiss. “Do you know how good it feels to not have to pretend I’m not bug shaggin’ crazy about you?” Spike asked with a grin.

Buffy felt her cheeks flush at Spike’s admission. Why had she fought this for so long? Spike made her feel like she was the only one that existed. Giving him a shy smile she replied, “Yeah, I kinda do.”

Spike captured Buffy’s lips in a soft kiss and held her tighter to him. Buffy felt Spike begin to harden against her and pulled away wide eyed. Spike felt a blush tint his cheeks as he leaned in and whispered in her ear, “See what you do to me kitten with just a simple snog.”

Buffy pulled back and blushed a deep scarlet. Buffy furrowed her brow and asked, “Snog?”

“Yeah, you know, kissing,” Spike replied with a chuckle.

Buffy wrinkled her nose. “It sounds like something you would blow in a tissue,” she admitted and pulled a face.

Spike let out a full laugh. “Pet, I think that’s the most adorable thing I have ever heard you say.”

Buffy tried to scowl at Spike but came across as just looking amused. Spike placed another kiss to Buffy’s sweet lips before grabbing their tray that had just been placed on the counter.

Buffy and Spike found a table for the three of them. Buffy helped unload the tray of its food and then turned to Spike. “I’m gonna go wash up real quick, be back in a jiffy,” Buffy informed him, but she didn’t get far before she was being hoisted into Spikes lap and attacked by his soft lips. Buffy pulled her self out of Spike’s lap and gave him a warning look.

Spike gave Buffy his best innocent look. “What?”

Buffy shook her head and went to the restrooms. Spike watched as Buffy left and grinned like a loon. He would never get tired of kissing that girl. Digging into his food, Willow came and sat across from him. Spike swallowed the bite in his mouth and asked, “So, you think your funny do you?”

Willow popped a fry in her mouth and grinned. “I just couldn’t help myself,” then giggling she added, “you have to admit it was pretty damn hilarious when Buffy asked which leg.”

Spike shook his head and chuckled. “If she only knew,” Spike retorted taking a drink of his coke.

“If she only knew what?” Buffy asked arching her brow.

Spike choked on his drink and managed to spew some across the table at Willow. Willow let out a shriek and everyone in the restaurant turned to stare at them. Buffy let out a laugh and grabbed the napkins from the table to help Willow clean the coke off her face.

Spike managed to get control of his coughing. “Nice to see where your loyalty lies pet,” he remarked dryly. Then turning to some of the other patrons he snapped, “What are you lookin’ at?” The other guests quickly looked away and went back to their meals.

Buffy continued to laugh and took her seat next to Spike. Placing a kiss to Spike’s cheek she replied, “You weren’t changing colors so I figured you’d be okay,” she teased.

“Yeah and you weren’t drenched in coke either,” Willow added dryly. Willow looked down at her soggy food and pulled a face.

Spike noticed Willow’s food was other than edible and offered her some of his. “Here Red, I got an extra burger if you want it.”

Willow shuffled her food around and then looked up at Spike accepting the burger. “I guess seeing how I wasn’t exactly in the mood for Spike cooties today,” she pouted.

Spike chuckled and put some fries on her tray as well. Willow clapped her hands giddily and popped some fries in her mouth. They sat quietly eating their food for some time before Buffy spoke up and asked, “So if I only knew what?” hands crossed over her chest and an expectant look on her face.

Spike and Willow stared at Buffy for a moment before Willow supplied, “Uh, that Spike has really bad circulation.” It was the only thing she could think of. Spike gave Willow a look and Willow shrugged her shoulders.

Buffy gave Willow a disbelieving look. “Bad circulation?”

“Yep, bloody awful. Legs constantly acting up,” Spike added, trying to sound convincing. Willow snickered and Spike kicked her under the table. Willow bit back a yelp and rubbed her leg shooting a dirty look at Spike, which gained her a smirk.

Buffy shook her head not believing a word either of them said. “If you say so,” Buffy commented casually.

Spike let out a sigh of relief. He would have a hell of a time trying to explain to Buffy that the only circulation problem he had was that all the blood in his brain tended to drift to his nether regions.

They finished lunch and piled into the Desoto for the final leg of their journey back to LA. Willow sat in the back seat with a grin on her face while Spike would send her the occasional dirty look.

Willow grinned evilly at Spike and asked, “So, how’s that leg of yours Spike?”

Spike looked at Willow in the rearview mirror and replied, “Fine, but the other two are gonna kick your ass.”

Buffy turned to Spike with a confused look and muttered, “Huh?”

Willow couldn’t hold back her laughter as Spike turned to Buffy and groaned, “Oh bloody hell.”
CH 32 by beasleysmom
Spike pulled into the campus parking lot and shut off the engine. Buffy and Willow piled out of the car and stretched lazily. It was a little after three in the afternoon but for some reason they all felt exhausted. Spike came around and wrapped his arms around Buffy’s waist nuzzling her neck affectionately. Willow rolled her eyes and asked playfully, “So, are you two gonna act like animals in heat every time you’re around each other now?”

Buffy felt a blush tint her cheeks and tried to wiggle out of Spike’s arms. Spike simply tightened his grip and began to nip at the sensitive flesh where her ear met her neck. Buffy let out a yelp and turned in his arms. “Spike stop,” Buffy demanded giddily.

Spike grinned at Buffy. “Make me,” he all but purred.

Willow made a gagging noise and wrinkled her nose. “Okay I’m all for the Spike/Buffy thing, but seriously, nausea is becoming a factor here,” Willow pointed out dryly.

Buffy managed to pull herself out of Spike’s embrace and gave Willow a sheepish look. “Sorry Wills.”

Willow rolled her eyes playfully. “Yeah, yeah.”

Spike went to the trunk and began to pull their bags out. Turning to Willow Spike asked, “Need any help with your things Red?”

Willow gave Spike an appreciative smile. “Nah, I think I can handle it,” grinning at the two blonds she added, “ Besides you two should probably hurry up and get upstairs before you jump each other here in the parking lot.”

Buffy gawked at Willow with wide eyes. “Willow!” Buffy gasped incredulously.

Willow gave Buffy a look. “Please, you two haven’t kept your hands to yourself since the moment we got in the car back in Sunnydale,” Willow pointed out matter a factly.

Buffy opened and closed her mouth as if to retort, but nothing came out. Damn Willow and her know- it- all- self.

Willow gave Buffy a smug look and picked up her bags. Waving at the two blondes Willow called over her shoulder, “You two have fun now, and play safe!”

Buffy stared at Willow as she walked away. The realization hit her that she was going to be alone with Spike. A slow panic began to rise within her. How were they going to take things slow if they already lived together? Did Spike expect them to go at it like bunnies since they were together now? All these questions and so many more were floating through her head all at once making her feel slightly off kilter. Turning to Spike she smiled nervously.

Spike could practically feel the nervousness radiating off of Buffy. Taking her hands in his, he set her mind at ease. “Buffy don’t worry. I promise to go as slow as you see fit. I told you before, I wanna do this right,” his voice was soothing and full of sincerity.

Buffy felt the tension drain from her body at Spike’s soft admission. How was it that Spike could already read her so well? Buffy wrapped her arms around his slender waist and looked up at him adoringly. “Spike you have no idea how much it means to me to hear you say that.”
Spike placed a kiss to the tip of her nose. “Well it’s the truth.” Placing a quick kiss to her lips he suggested, “How ‘bout we get our things and head upstairs for a nap?”

Buffy gave Spike a skeptical look.

“Are you suggesting that I have ill intentions once I get you in my bed?” Spike asked with false indignity.

Buffy let her arms fall from Spike’s waist gave him a look as she grabbed her toiletry bag. “That’s exactly what I’m suggesting,” Buffy replied matter a factly.

Spike grabbed the rest of the bags and slammed the trunk shut. Shooting Buffy a suggestive grin he retorted, “Kitten, you know me all to well.”

Buffy let out a chuckle and started towards their building. Letting a grin curl at her lips she thought to herself, ‘Boy, do I ever.’


Buffy fished her keys out of her purse and opened the door. A sudden sense of sadness washed over her as she walked in the door. Their weekend was over and now they had to return to real life. Buffy dropped her bag to the floor and slumped her shoulders. Honey we’re home.

Spike noticed the sudden change in Buffy’s demeanor and frowned. Setting their bags down Spike walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around Buffy’s waist asking, “What’s wrong luv?”

Buffy rested her head back on his chest and let out a huff. “Nothing, it’s just that we’re home now and-,”

“You’re afraid that things will be different now that we’re not in Sunnydale,” Spike finished knowingly. Buffy turned in his arms and gave him a sheepish look. Spike removed his arms from her waist and cupped both of her cheeks. “Buffy nothin’ has changed. I still want you now as much, if not more, than when we were in Sunnydale,” Spike assured her.

Buffy looked up at Spike with insecure eyes. “Really?”

Spike let out a soft chuckle. “Of course you silly bint.” Placing a tender kiss to her lips he asked, “Why would you think differently?”

Buffy shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know? I just thought that maybe you might change your mind after we, you know?” Buffy replied meekly, letting all her insecurities surface.

Spike stared at her in disbelief. “Buffy, how could you think that?” he asked incredulously

“I’ve never dealt with this kind of thing before, so I don’t exactly know how things are supposed to go,” Buffy admitted softly.

Spike pulled Buffy to him. “Buffy I’m not goin’ anywhere anytime soon,” he assured her. Pulling back so he could look her in the eyes added, “And I mean not for a very, very long time.”

Buffy gave him a shy smile. “Well, I guess that works out nicely for both of us now doesn’t it?”

Spike leaned in and placed a tender kiss to Buffy’s soft lips. It still amazed him how it still felt like the first time every time his lips touched hers.

Buffy brushed her tongue across Spike’s bottom lip requesting entry to the warm cavern of his mouth. When he willingly complied Buffy let her tongue lazily battle with his. Buffy felt the evidence of Spike arousal and it caused a delicious ache between her thighs that was begging to be released.

Spike felt himself slipping fast and reluctantly pulled away. No use getting all worked up and having to find an excuse to go toss off in the bathroom. When Buffy let out a whimper of protest Spike about said to hell with it all, I’ll just shag her senseless here and now.

Buffy opened her eyes and pouted, “You stopped with the smooches.”

Spike let out an audible groan. “Buffy, do you have any idea what you do to me?” Spike asked in a husky voice. Buffy blushed at Spike forthrightness. Spike leaned his forehead against hers. “Buffy luv, when you say things like that you make it very hard to take things slow,” Spike admitted.

“So smooches are out of the question?” Buffy asked innocently as she peppered kisses on Spike’s face. Spike let out a low growl as he picked Buffy up and brought them to the couch.

Buffy let out a squeal in surprise. She didn’t even have time to protest before Spike was ravishing her mouth with his. Buffy instinctively wrapped her legs around Spike slender waist bringing him closer.

Spike slipped a hand up Buffy’s sweater and cupped her lace covered breast, kneading it softly. Buffy moaned into Spike’s mouth. Things were escalating fast and neither one was willing to stop.

Before either one knew it, they had managed to take of their shirts and Spike was furiously working at the clasp of Buffy’s bra. Spike tore his mouth from Buffy’s. “I want you Buffy,” Spike gasped.

Buffy panted heavily and replied, “Ah, want you too.” But the moment was broken by three very loud people.

“Yo Spike, why haven’t….. OH SHIT!” Gunn exclaimed as he saw the couple on the couch.

Lindsey and Angel ran over to see what the commotion was and responded just as Gunn had. Buffy let out a shriek and quickly tried to cover herself from three sets of wide eyes.

Spike shielded Buffy the best he could and barked, “Get the fuck out!”

Gunn, Lindsey and Angel just stood still in shock. Spike grabbed his shirt from the floor and covered Buffy before getting up and yelling, “What the fuck are you wankers doing? Get the fuck out before I kick your asses out!”

This seemed to snap them out of it because they quickly walked out the room and into the hallway.

Buffy quickly got up from the couch, threw on Spike’s t-shirt, and ran into her room. Spike looked at Buffy’s shut door and rage began to course threw him. He made it to the front door in two strides and thrashed it open. “What the fuck were you thinking just barging in like that?” Spike demanded.

“Yo man, we had no idea you two were about to get your grove on,” Gunn admitted

“Sorry man, we had no clue,” Lindsey added apologetically.

Angel just stood there with a grin on his face. Spike turned to Angel and glared. “What the fuck are you grinnin’ at?” Spike growled in a menacing tone.

“I was wondering how long it would take you two to get a clue,” Angel replied smugly.

Spike was about to pounce on Angel, but he was held back by Gunn and Lindsey. Angel jumped away and glared at Spike. “Listen William,” Angel spat his name, “you need to calm the fuck down, we didn’t mean to barge in on you and Buffy. We saw your car and thought maybe you might want to play a little rugby,” Angel snapped.

Spike shrugged out of Lindsey and Gunn’s hold. “Well you bloody well thought wrong,” Spike snapped back.

Gunn grabbed Angel’s arm. “Come on man, let’s just go.” Turning to Spike Gunn apologized. “Yo man, we feel bad for bustin’ into your place like that.”

“Yeah Spike, we’ll call you later alright?” Lindsey added.

Spike let go of some of his anger and replied tersely. “Sure, talk to you later,” and then went back inside slamming the door without another word.

Spike went straight to Buffy’s door and knocked softly. “Buffy, luv, can I come in?”

Buffy sat on her bed hugging Mr. Gordo to her chest. “Come in,” she mumbled into the stuffed pig.

Spike walked in and sat down on the edge of the bed. Taking a deep breath Spike began to apologize. “Buffy I am so sorry, I had no idea that they would just walk in like that,” he admitted sincerely.

Buffy looked up at Spike still red with embarrassment. “Spike, I have never been so humiliated in my whole life,” she replied softly.

Spike scooted closer and took Buffy in his arms. “Kitten, I can’t say enough how sorry I am. Those guys can be such wankers sometimes,” Spike said soothingly as he stroked her hair.

Buffy cuddled into Spike arms and asked, “Are they still here?”

Spike got more comfortable on the bed. “No, and I don’t imagine that they’ll be back anytime soon, but from here on out I guess we’re gonna have to make sure we lock the door.” Spike said attempting to lighten the mood.

Buffy let out a groan. “God, I can’t believe they walked in on us like that.”

“Well, it could have been worse,” Spike pointed out. Buffy looked up at him with wide eyes. Spike let out a soft chuckle. “Don’t worry kitten, I assure you it will NEVER happen again.

“Damn skippy,” Buffy agreed resolutely

Spike nuzzled Buffy’s hair. “How ‘bout that nap?’ he asked with a yawn.

Buffy snuggled deeper into Spike. “A nap sounds like heaven,” Buffy replied letting out a yawn of her own.

Spike laid out on the bed and wrapped Buffy securely in his arms. Placing a soft kiss to her lips he murmured, “Sweet dreams luv.”

Buffy let out a content sigh. Closing her eyes she replied, “With you, I know I will.”
CH 33 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
This is the newest chap so I will cut back the posts after this one. I hope you guys are still enjoying. Kuddos! Discalimer in full effect.
Spike lay there gazing adoringly at Buffy while she slept peacefully. He couldn’t remember a time when he had been happier. While he was placing a sweet kiss to her oh so delectable lips, Buffy began to slowly stir.

Buffy opened her eyes and smiled softly up at Spike. “How long have you been watching me?” she asked in a sleep filled voice.

Spike nuzzled her neck affectionately and murmured, “Not long enough.” Buffy buried her face in his chest shyly at his admission. God, could he be any sweeter?

Spike lifted Buffy’s chin and placed a soft kiss to her lips, which turned heated in the blink of an eye. Just as they were beginning to get into it, Buffy’s stomach let out an audible growl.

Spike pulled back and let out a chuckle. “Looks like someone’s tummy’s got a case of the gurglies.”

Buffy blushed. “You heard that huh?” she asked completely embarrassed. What a way to set the mood Buffy.

Spike couldn’t help but find her absolutely adorable. Caressing her cheek he suggested, “How ‘bout we order out some food and get a movie tonight, just the two of us?”

Buffy smiled brightly. “Sounds good.” Buffy snuggled deeper into Spike’s chest and asked, “So what are you in the mood for?”

“Well, when you put it like that,” Spike replied suggestively.

Buffy pulled back and batted Spike playfully on the chest. “I meant what you want to eat,” Buffy retorted dryly.

“Now, that’s a loaded question,” Spike remarked as he grinned at her mischievously.

Buffy let out a groan. “God Spike, mind in the gutter much?”

Spike gave a shrug of his shoulders, “’Fraid so pet,” he replied offhandedly. Buffy rolled her eyes and shoved him away playfully as she got out of bed, stretching leisurely.

Spike rolled on his side and propped his head on his elbow. He watched as Buffy stretched her muscles and had to stifle a groan. God did she have any idea how bloody gorgeous she was? She was still wearing his t-shirt and the idea of Buffy in his clothes caused him to become painfully hard. Unable to resist he jumped off the bed and pounced on her in one swift move.

Buffy let out a shriek as Spike attacked her mouth with his. Buffy moaned softly into his mouth as his hands danced under the hem of her shirt to caress the soft skin of her stomach. As he slowly inched his way higher Buffy’s stomach let out another protest in hunger.

Spike chuckled and pulled away. “I think your tummy is trying to tell us something luv,” he teased.

Buffy felt another blush tint her cheeks and replied, “I think your right. Food first then make out.”

Spike nodded in agreement and took her hand in his leading her into the living area. Buffy released Spike’s hand and went to rummage through the drawer where they kept the food menus. Laying them out on the counter she asked, “What’ll it be? We have pizza, Mexican, Chinese, or, the deli.”

Spike thought it over for a minute. “Bloody tired of pizza,” he pointed out and Buffy pulled a face agreeing with him. “How ‘bout Chinese, sound good to you pet?”

Buffy nodded her head. “Sounds good!”

They scanned over the menu deciding on what to get. Spike gave Buffy his order and went to the couch to find something on the TV. After Buffy ordered their food, she came and plopped onto the couch next to Spike. “They said it would be ready in about thirty minutes,” she informed him.

Spike turned to Buffy and asked, “So what movie will it be tonight?”

Buffy sat in deep thought. She had been dying to see ‘The Notebook’ but she had a feeling that that movie night really wouldn’t be spent actually watching the movie, so instead she went with a movie she really didn’t mind not watching. “How about ‘Sweet Home Alabama’?” She had seen it a million times, but he didn’t have to know that.

Spike made a face at her suggestion. Buffy frowned at him. “What’s that look for?”

“No offence luv, but isn’t that a chic flick?” Spike asked

“Well, duh,” Buffy stated obviously.

Spike let out a groan. “Oh, bloody hell. Fine we can watch your movie,” he relented. God, it hadn’t even been a full day and he was already whipped. Buffy smiled satisfactorily and pecked Spike on the cheek.

Spike got up from the couch and pulled Buffy with him. “Want to ride with me pet?” he asked.

Buffy noticed her bags still sitting on the floor and shook her head. “No, I better stay here and start unpacking.”

“Alright. You do that and I’ll be back in a jiff,” he agreed before kissing her breathless.

Buffy pulled away panting for air. If Spike didn’t leave soon their food would be cold by the time he actually got there to pick it up. Buffy pushed him away and demanded, “Go before I change my mind.”

Spike grinned at her, stealing one last searing kiss before he left when Willow came storming in the door excitedly. Spike pulled away and let out a groan of frustration. “Bloody hell, doesn’t anyone soddding knock anymore?” Was there a fucking sign on the door that said ‘Spike and Buffy making out, please barge in’?

Willow turned to Spike with a confused look. “Huh?”

Spike let out a frustrated sigh. “Oh never mind,” he huffed placing another kiss to Buffy’s lips before walking out the door.

Buffy couldn’t help but giggle. Turning to Willow she asked, “So what’s all the excitement about?”

Willow jumped up and down and squealed, “HE CALLED HE CALLED HE CALLED!!!!”

Buffy chuckled and questioned her friend. “Who Willow?”

“OZ!” Willow exclaimed excitedly and began to squeal again.

Buffy let out a squeal of her own and pulled Willow to the couch. Clapping her hands excitedly she asked, “So what did he say?”

Willow caught her breath and began to explain every detail to Buffy. “Well as soon as I walked in the door my phone started to ring, so I thought it was you telling me I left something in the car, but then I looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Oz,” Willow let out another squeal of excitement before continuing. “So anyway, he said that he had really been looking forward to calling me and wanted to know if I wanted to get coffee tonight.”

Buffy gave Willow an expectant look, “And?”

Willow grinned madly. “And of course I said yes!”

Buffy pulled Willow in her arms and hugged her tightly. “Oh Wills, I’m so excited for you,” Buffy gushed. She knew how much Willow and been crushing on Oz and now she was finally going to get her chance to get to know him better.

Willow pulled back with a huge grin on her face. “Thanks! Wow, I can’t believe it, Oz asked me out for coffee,” Willow gushed wistfully as she flopped back on the couch.

Buffy patted her red headed friend’s leg. “Well no one deserves it more than you Wills,” Buffy replied, smiling.

Willow let out a sigh and turned to Buffy. “Sorry about just barging in like that, I was just so excited I had to run over and tell you. You don’t think Spike’s too mad with me do you?” Willow asked wincing slightly.

Buffy waved Willow off with her hand. “Don’t worry about it,” Buffy assured her. “He’s still just moody from his friends barging in on us this afternoon,” she admitted timidly, blushing at the memory.


Willow looked at Buffy with wide eyes. “What?! Oh my God, you guys weren’t like, you know?” Willow asked incredulously.

“What? No!” Buffy exclaimed. Then ducking her head she admitted quietly, “We were just kinda making out on the couch and we might have had no shirts on, but that’s all.”

“Buffy Summers!” Willow gasped with a huge grin on her face. Buffy looked up at Willow with a blush that put her friends hair to shame.

Willow let out a full laugh. “So, who exactly walked in on you?” Willow asked thoroughly amused.

Buffy buried her face in her hands and replied, “Gunn, Lindsey,” with a groan she added, “and Angel.” For some reason Gunn and Lindsey didn’t bother her as much as Angel. Something about him just made her feel uncomfortable.

Willow bit back her laughter and patted Buffy’s shoulder sympathetically. “You poor thing, but I guess it could have been worse, right?”

Buffy gave Willow a dry look. “Thanks Will, that makes me feel so much better,” she replied sarcastically.

Willow let out a giggle and shook her head. “I can only imagine the look on their faces when they saw you and Spike half naked making out on the couch,” Willow commented.

Buffy let out another groan. “Oh God! I am so never gonna be able to look at Spike’s friends without turning beet red,” Buffy complained.

“Well look on the bright side, that’s three less people you have to tell about you and Spike,” Willow supplied optimistically. Buffy just shot Willow a dirty look in response.


The two girls sat on the couch talking about Willow’s date with Oz when Spike walked in the door with food and movies in hand. Buffy got up from the couch and walked over to the kitchenette. Spike set the bags down and Buffy began to plunder through them anxiously.

“Oh, you even got ice cream,” Buffy exclaimed giddily as she hoped up on one of the stools.

“Nothing but the best for my girl,” Spike replied placing a kiss to her temple.

Willow watched as Buffy and Spike fell naturally into domestic bliss. She was glad to see that her two friends had finally wised up and given into the inevitable. Looking down at her watch she noticed the time. “Well I better get going, I only have an hour until my date and I still have to get dressed.

Buffy turned to Willow and gave her a bright smile. “Alright Wills, call me with all the goodnight smoochie details later.”

Willow blushed the color of her bright red hair and smiled nervously. “Will do! You two have fun!”

“Night Red,” Spike called over his shoulder as he pulled food containers from the bags.

Willow gave a wave and replied,” Night Buffy, night Spike,” and then headed out the door.

Spike grabbed some plates from the cabinet and set them on the bar. “So what was that all about?” Spike asked curiously.

“Oh. Will has a date with Oz tonight. Well sorta, they’re going out for coffee,” Buffy explained.

Spike let out a chuckle. “Knew ol’ boy wouldn’t wait long to give Red a ring,” He replied knowingly.

Buffy let out a sigh. “What can you say, love is in the air.”

Oh God, did she just say that out loud! Buffy felt her eyes go wide. There was that damn love word again. She sat there just staring, waiting for Spike to say something.

Spike looked up at Buffy and smiled brightly. “That it is luv, that it is.”
CH 34 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Thanks to Cordykitten, carri, MidnightGirl, Natalie, Kristin, Brunettepet, and seraiza for reviewing the last chaps, y'all are great! Well I hope this one is to your liking! Enjoy, Kuddos!
Buffy lay on the couch, her head pillowed against Spike’s chest, rubbing her full gut completely miserable. She had eaten enough food to feed a small third world country.

“Oh, I think I ate too much,” she moaned.

Spike chuckled and rubbed her tummy. “What gave it away, the fact that you finished your dinner plus some of mine or that you polished off every last bit of ice cream after doing so,” Spike teased playfully.

Buffy looked up at Spike with a pout. “I thought you said you liked a girl with an appetite?”

Spike chuckled and leaned over to kiss the tip of her nose.

“I do pet,” he admitted and then smirking he teased, “But you’ll bloody well eat me out of house and home if I’m not careful.”

Buffy wanted nothing more than to get up and smack him, but she was just to full to move, so she settled for just scowling at him.

Spike let out a full laugh and carefully wrapped his arms around Buffy’s waist. Nuzzling her neck he asked, “So do you want to make out before, during, or after the movie luv?’”

Buffy let out a giggle and then let out a groan. “Oh Spike don’t make me laugh.”

Spike rolled them carefully so that he was on top. Bracing his weight on his arms as not to crush her, Spike grinned down at Buffy suggestively. “So would it be better if I made you moan then?” he asked in a low rumble as he licked and nipped at her neck.

Buffy rolled her eyes shut and arched her neck to give him better access. “Mmmmm Spike…. Uh, feels good!” Buffy moaned softly.

Spike slowly trailed down her cloth covered body. Buffy ran her fingers in his gelled hair causing his curls to spring to life, making a tousled mess. When he reached the waist of her pants Spike leisurely ran his tongue around her belly button. He grinned as tiny goose bumps erupted all over her taunt belly. Looking up at Buffy with hooded eyes he gasped, “God Buffy I want you so bad,” as he continued to nip and suck at her tender flesh.

Buffy felt as if she might combust at any second. Everywhere Spike’s mouth touched was set ablaze. Buffy pulled Spike up to her and crushed her mouth against his in a demanding kiss. As their tongues dueled for dominance Spike ground his painfully hard erection into Buffy’s sensitive mound.

Buffy tore her mouth away panting for air. “Uh Spike, want you,” she gasped breathlessly. Her body ached for that desperate release.

Spike snaked a hand between them and undid the buttons of Buffy’s jeans. He pushed them down to her knees along with her tiny scrap of underwear and plunged one slender finger into her dripping core. Buffy gasped in pleasure as Spike began to make a ‘come hither’ motion deep inside her and cried out as waves of pleasure began to wash over her.

Spike captured Buffy’s lips in a searing kiss swallowing her cries. When he felt her muscles begin to tighten he inserted another digit and began to pump in and out of her at a steady pace. When he felt her muscles begin to flutter around his fingers he plunged deeper and faster until she fell all the way over the brink.

Buffy tore her mouth from Spike’s and cried out, “Oh God, I’m gonna…..AH SPIKE YES, NOW, NOW, NOW, YESSSS!”

She screwed her eyes shut and arched off the couch, her body shaking from the overwhelming rush of her orgasm.

Spike watched as Buffy squirmed beneath him. He was ready to shoot his load right then and there. The way she had cried out his name and wreathed in pleasure was going to be his undoing. God help him if he didn’t love this girl. Spike peppered kisses on Buffy’s neck and jaw line as she came down from her orgasmic high. Looking Buffy deep in the eyes he asked, “Enjoy that kitten?” His voice was deep and husky.

Buffy opened her eyes lazily and nodded her head. “Uh huh,” she gasped breathlessly before pulling Spike down on top of her for a mind blowing kiss.

Spike pulled away and looked down at Buffy with lust filled eyes. “Let’s say we take this somewhere other than the couch,” he asked hopefully.

Buffy worried her bottom lip thoughtfully. They were supposed to be taking things slow and now here they were on the couch talking about going to one of their rooms to have sex. Not that she didn’t want to, not by any means, it was just that they were skipping all the steps that came before the sex stuff. But then they had already done that last night. Her body was screaming to jump off the couch and drag Spike to the bedroom and do all kinds of naughty things to him, but her heart was telling her to take it slow.


Spike noticed the inner debate she was having with herself and spoke up. “Buffy if you’re not ready for all this, we don’t have to do this,” he assured her.

Buffy looked up at Spike and replied softly, “It’s not that I don’t want to, it’s just that…” Buffy thought for a minute of what she was trying to say. “I just want to do this right. I don’t want to just skip all the little steps and go right to the big ones, you know?” she asked hoping he would understand what she was saying.

As much as Spike wanted to grab Buffy up, take her in his room and shag her senseless he knew that she needed time to get used to the physical part of their relationship. With a reassuring smile he replied. “I understand.” Boy it was gonna be one hell of a night trying to fight off his raging hard on.

“So you’re not mad?” Buffy asked hesitantly.

Spike placed a tender kiss to her lips. “I’m not mad,” he replied in a gentle voice.

Buffy smiled up at him and Spike thought his heart might melt. In any other circumstance he would be right brassed off to be left hangin’ like that, but with Buffy it didn’t matter. Getting up of the couch he said, “Let’s pop in that movie of yours, yeah?”

Buffy pulled up her pants and sat up on the couch. She couldn’t help but feel guilty for letting things get so heated between them and leaving Spike noticeably uncomfortable. Not really sure what had come over her she got up off the couch and wrapped her arms around Spike’s slender waist, “Why don’t we forget about the movie and do something else?”

Spike gave her a confused look. “But you said…” He was cut off by Buffy’s lips.

Buffy pulled back and looked Spike deep in the eyes. “I know what I said, and I meant it.” Spike looked thoroughly confused so Buffy clarified a bit. “Well just because we can’t have sex doesn’t mean we can’t do other things,” she admitted with a slight blush of her cheeks.

Spike looked at Buffy with wide eyes. “Buffy if you’re sayin’ what I think you’re sayin then you REALLY don’t have to do that luv.” He might be being presumptuous, but bloody hell, if she really wanted to do that, he sure as hell wasn’t gonna say no.

Buffy gave Spike a wicked grin and led Spike to her room. “Let’s just say that I want to return the favor.”

Spike let out a moan. “Bloody hell Buffy.”

Buffy brought Spike to her bed and laid him down. She had never actually done this before, but she had read enough smut novels to get the general idea. Buffy climbed on the bed and straddled Spike’s waist and began to undo his belt.

Spike placed a hand over Buffy’s. “Buffy are you sure about this?’ he choked out.

Buffy smiled shyly and continued to undue his pants, scooting further down his legs so she could pull down his pants. Spike lifted his hips off the bed to help her out. Buffy looked down at Spikes large prick and then looked up at him as she leaned down and darted her tongue out for her first taste of him.

Spike hissed in pleasure as Buffy’s tongue brushed against his hard member. Buffy smiled in satisfaction and took his cock in her hand and experimentally began to stroke him up and down slowly.
Spike grabbed the comforter in his hands and let out a moan. It wouldn’t take much for him to lose it completely.

Buffy lowered her head and brought his beautiful cock to her mouth and took him in as deep as she could. She was surprised at how much she enjoyed doing this.

Spike bucked his hips when he felt Buffy’s hot mouth surround him . “Fuck!” he cried out as Buffy slowly began to bob up and down.

Buffy pulled her mouth away. “Is this okay?’ she asked somewhat unsure of herself.

“God yes! Don’t stop, please don’t stop,” Spike begged. If she kept it up he was gonna cum, and fast.

Buffy grinned and went back to her ministrations. Spike bunched his fingers in her hair and massaged her scalp lightly. Her mouth felt so hot and so good that he didn’t think he could hold off much longer.

Buffy pulled up almost letting Spike’s cock slip from her mouth before plunging back down all the way to the hilt.

“Fuck Buffy, gonna cum soon, do you want me to pull out?” Spike grunted, feeling his sac begin to tighten.

“Mmm, mmm” Buffy replied around his huge cock as she continued to deep throat him.

That was all it took to send him over the edge. “ARGHHHHH, FUCK!” Spike roared as he shot load after load of hot spunk down Buffy’s throat.

Buffy willingly swallowed down every drop and was surprised that it wasn’t as bad as she had expected. After licking him clean she crawled up to lay next to him.

Spike felt his whole body humming. That was the best blowjob he had ever had in his life. Coming down from his high he quickly pulled up his pants and snuggled Buffy next to him placing a kiss to her temple.

Buffy looked over at Spike and asked shyly, “So that was okay?”

Spike grinned like a mad man. “That was more than okay, that was bloody fantastic, Do you really need to ask?” he replied lazily.

Buffy blushed at his admission. She had never done that sort of thing before so she was a tad bit self-conscious. “Well I’ve just never done that before,” she admitted sheepishly.

Spike gave her a smirk. “Well then you’re a bloody natural luv,” he complimented. He would hate to see what she was capable of with a little more practice.

Buffy blushed even more and buried her head in his chest. Spike let a chuckle rumble from his chest and pulled Buffy closer to him. Buffy looked up at him with big eyes and asked softly, “Spike, do you think you could sleep in here with me tonight? You know, just hold me?”

Spike felt his heart begin to swell at her soft request. Placing a gentle kiss to her swollen lips he replied, “I’d like that.” He loved the idea of having Buffy snug in his arms and if he had it his way it would be like that always.

Buffy gave him a soft smile. “Thank you,” she replied shyly.

They lay there exchanging gentle touches and kissing languidly until Buffy got up to put on her PJ’s and brush her teeth. Spike laid on Buffy’s bed staring at the ceiling feeling the most content he had ever felt in his life. It was amazing how she had become so important to him in such a short time. He was head over heels in love with this girl, now he just had to find the right time to tell her.

Buffy walked back in her room dressed for bed in a pair of boxers and Spike’s t-shirt. Spike got up from the bed and helped Buffy turn down the covers. Buffy jumped into bed and set the alarm clock for class but before Spike got in, he scratched the back of his head nervously and pointed out, “I don’t exactly have anythin’ on under m’clothes so if you want, I can go grab a pair of boxers from m’room,”

Buffy felt her cheeks tint at the thought of a naked Spike in her bed. Looking away shyly she replied, “You don’t have to if you don’t want to, I mean if you’re more comfortable, uh, without them I mean, “She rambled nervously.

Spike thought about it for a minute. He really did hate wearin’ the damn things and she was going to be fully clothed so they should be okay, right? Hesitantly, he began to take off his clothes and slipped in next to Buffy.

Buffy felt Spike’s warm body against hers and had to fight back the wave of excitement that coursed through her. He felt so good spooned up against her, like their bodies where made for one another’s. Buffy snuggled deep into Spike and let out a content sigh.

Spike brushed the hair from Buffy’s neck, placing a soft kiss on her skin. Settling back on his pillow he murmured, “Night luv.”

“Night Spike,” Buffy replied before a yawn took over. They laid together content just to be in one another’s arms. Today was the first day of a whole new world for them.
CH 35 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
This extr post is just a little thank you for all the sweeties out ther who have stuck with me on this fic! Enjoy!
Buffy heard the ever annoying sound of the alarm clock and let out a groan. God was it already six o’clock? Reaching over she turned it off and went to get up but was pinned by a very strong arm. Buffy let a soft smile play at her lips. It was Spike’s very strong arm. Buffy turned in Spike’s arms and placed a sweet kiss to the tip of his nose. Spike groaned something unintelligible in his sleep and rolled over on his side. Buffy had to stifle a giggle at how absolutely adorable he was when he was asleep. Buffy reluctantly got out of bed and started her morning ritual.

Spike rolled over to feel the space next to him empty and cold. Buffy had already left for classes. Spike felt the sudden loss of not having her there in the dorm. Somehow it felt empty and too quiet. He glanced over at the clock and noted that it was already after eight. Lazily he climbed out of bed and headed for the shower.

Spike felt the warm water wash over his skin and instantly thought of Buffy. It made him think of her hot little mouth trailing wet open mouth kisses all over him and the way his cock felt in her scorching mouth.

Spike became rock hard at the mental images that had suddenly popped in his head. Reaching down he took his hard prick in his hand and began to stroke it softly as images of Buffy beneath him fluttered through his mind.

He picked up the pace as he envisioned Buffy bouncing up and down on his cock, tits waving freely as she rode him to a hard gallop. Spike braced himself on the wall of the shower when he felt his sac begin to clench in anticipated release. With a few quick jerks and a twist of his wrist on the up stroke, he let out a roar as he shot his load in spurts on the back of the shower wall.

Spike dropped his head and panted heavily. Wasn’t near as good as the real thing, but it had gotten the job done. Spike finished with the rest of his shower grinning at the fact that he now had the real thing.

Spike got dressed and headed to the kitchen to make himself a cup of tea. There on the fridge was a note from Buffy. Spike plucked it from under the magnet and read,

‘Spike,
Hey sleepy head! Sorry I didn’t wake you before I left, but you just looked way to cozy to disturb. I have a break in classes at 12:30 if you want to meet up and get some lunch or whatever. Call me on my cell phone to let me know. I had a REALLY great time last night in case you didn’t notice *insert blush here*. Well I hope to hear from you this afternoon.
XOXO,
Buffy'

Spike gave a soft chuckle and tucked the note in his pocket. Well it looked like he had himself a lunch date.

Buffy walked out of her English lit. class and started walking towards the campus common area to wait for Spike to call. Finding an empty bench she set down her bag and pulled out the book she had to read for class. Buffy didn’t get far before her phone started to ring. Looking at the caller ID, she let a huge smile play at her mouth.

“Hey you,” Buffy sighed into the phone.

Spike walked leisurely through the halls, carefully avoiding the masses. “Hey yourself.”

“Did you sleep okay last night?”

Spike chuckled. “Like a baby. You?”

Buffy smiled into the phone. “Like a rock. I so didn’t want to get up this morning,” she confessed.

“Well you could have stayed in bed with me,” Spike pointed out.

“I wish, and believe me it was very tempting,” Buffy confessed. “It’s a good thing I didn’t though, because I had a pop quiz in English Lit. this morning. Who gives a pop quiz on the first day back from a holiday break anyways?” Buffy complained.

“Cruel and unusual punishment it is,” Spike teased.

“Are you making fun of me?” Buffy asked in a huff. This was so much different than their normal banter.


“Wouldn’t dream of it kitten,” Spike replied playfully.

“Yeah I bet,” Buffy remarked dryly. “So where exactly are you?”

Spike walked up behind Buffy and wrapped his arms around her waist. “Right here.”

Buffy let out a shriek and turned around to scowl at Spike. “Spike! You scared the crap out of me!”

Spike let out a laugh and sat down next to Buffy. “I’m sorry,” he replied with not an ounce of sincerity in his voice.

Buffy punched at Spikes arm playfully. “Yeah right, you sound real sorry.”

Spike just gave Buffy a cheeky grin in response. Buffy rolled her eyes playfully and got up from the bench.

Spike handed Buffy her bag and questioned, “So where to for lunch today?” as he hoisted himself off the bench.

Buffy looked down at her watch and noticed she only had not even thirty minutes until her next class. “Well it’ll have to be something here on campus seeing how I only have like twenty minutes ‘till my next class,” she pointed out giving Spike an apologetic look.

“Well looks like the dining hall then, yeah?”

“Sorry,” Buffy apologized.

“Don’t worry about it pet, we can grab something quick,” Spike replied.

Buffy grabbed Spike’s hand and started for the dining hall. Making causal conversation Buffy asked, “So how was class this morning?”

Spike let out a huff, “Same ol’ shit, different day,” he replied off handedly.

Buffy let out a chuckle. “That’s a nice way of putting it,” Buffy remarked sarcastically.

They walked through the campus hand in hand and Buffy couldn’t help but notice the envious stares directed towards her. She couldn’t help but smile at the fact that Spike was hers.

Spike glanced over and noticed Buffy was grinning from ear to ear. With a questioning look he asked, “What’s the grin for luv?”

Buffy shrugged her shoulders. “Just the fact that almost every girl on campus is pea green with envy,” she admitted.

“About?”

“The fact that I have the hottest boyfriend on campus,” Buffy stated matter of factly.

Spike gave Buffy a hopeful look and asked timidly, “Is that what I am Buffy, your boyfriend?”

Buffy hadn’t realized how casually that slipped from her mouth. Giving Spike a shy smile she replied, “Yeah, that’s exactly what you are.”

Spike scooped Buffy in his arms and spun her around. Buffy let out a shriek and began to giggle. Spike placed Buffy back on her feet and crushed her mouth in a searing kiss. Buffy pulled away breathlessly and noticed everyone around them staring. Blushing at Spike’s blatant display of affection, she asked, “What was that all about?”

Spike grinned like a mad man. “For making me the happiest bloke ever,” he admitted happily.

“Is that all it takes?” Buffy teased.

Spike leaned his forehead against hers and looked deep in her eyes. “Buffy anything and everything you do makes me happy,” he confessed.

Buffy felt her heart melt. No one had ever said anything so sweet to her in her entire life.

“Oh Spike,” Buffy gushed as she captured his lips in a tender kiss. Spike returned her kiss in equal tenderness.

Buffy broke their kiss and smiled softly. “I could so get used to this,” she admitted dreamily.

“Well good ‘cause I plan on showing you how much you mean to me from this day forward.” The urge to tell Buffy he loved her was right on the tip of his tongue, but he knew if he admitted it now, he would just scare her away, so he pushed it away for the time being.

Buffy let out a content sigh and took Spike’s warm hand in hers. “Come on, I only have about ten more minutes till class, so we better grab something quick to eat.”

Spike nodded in agreement and they walked in the dinning hall to grab something from the vending machine. They grabbed some sandwiches and ate them on the way to Buffy’s next class. Stopping out side the door Spike leaned against the wall. “I have rugby this afternoon at four, so I won’t be home until sometime after six, but if you want we can do something after that.”

Buffy jutted her lip in a pout. “I have to work on a paper for history tonight and get my laundry taken care of,” she explained disappointedly.

“No worries luv, we can just stay in tonight and I could even help you with your paper if you like,” Spike suggested.

Buffy smiled giddily. “You are the best boyfriend,” she commented as she gave Spike a quick peck on the lips.

Spike gave Buffy a lopsided grin. “And don’t you forget it.”

When there became a steady flow of people heading into the class room, Buffy let out a sigh. “I should probably get inside to get a decent seat.”

Spike stole one last kiss before he left. “Alright kitten, I’ll see you when I get home this evening,” he replied and then headed to the library before his final class of the day.

Buffy watched as Spike walked away and let a grin cross her face. She was in a state of euphoric bliss. Nothing could bring her down from this high.

Taking a seat in the middle of the classroom, Buffy pulled out her things as the professor announced a quiz that Buffy had forgotten to study for. With a groan Buffy laid her head on the desk. So much for her good mood.
CH 36 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Thanks to Cordykitten, TammyAsh666, Brat, Lindsay, spuffette, Lisa, lacey, cee, Brunettepet, carri, MidnightGirl, and Smitten fro reviewing the last chaps. Y'all are the bestest! Kuddos! Disclaimer in full effect.
Buffy walked in the door, dropping her bag in a huff. She had totally bombed her quiz and to top it all off, she had ran into some jerk in the halls who had spilt a hot cup of coffee down the front of her favorite peasant top. Her good mood from earlier was now non existent.

Buffy went to her room to rummage through her bureau for an old t-shirt and a pair of shorts to throw on. Tonight she was just going to bum it around in the dorm and get her paper done. Buffy picked up a shirt and held it out for inspection. It was an old cheerleading shirt from high school that had in big bold letters reading “It’s a cheer thing” across the chest.

With a giggle Buffy slipped on the clean shirt and found a pair of shorts. Pulling her hair in a messy knot atop her head Buffy stood in front of her floor length mirror, starring at herself. Buffy placed her hands on her hips striking a classic cheer pose. Buffy let out a laugh and shook her head as she headed into the living room.

Buffy went to the kitchenette and pulled a bottle of water from the fridge and brought her bag to the coffee table. She wrinkled her nose when she noticed the amount of dust that had collected on the table. With a huff, Buffy got up and grabbed the cleaning stuff from under the sink. She brought the cleaning supplies to the living room and stood thoughtfully for a moment. ‘You can’t clean without a little music to motivate you right?’ Buffy scurried off to her room to grab her favorite mixed CD. She popped the CD into the stereo and pressed play. Swinging her hips to the beat, Buffy grabbed her supplies and went to work.


Spike grabbed his keys from his bag, intent on unlocking the door to the dorm when he heard loud music coming from the apartment. With a wrinkled brow in confusion, Spike opened the door and had to bite his cheek to keep from laughing hysterically at the site before him.

Buffy bounced up and down to the beat and sang along to the music.

“We got more bounce in California
Than all of y'all combined
We got more bounce in California
We like to party all the time

We got more bounce in California
Where the hustlers all reside
We got more bounce in California
Rollin' easy when we ride”


Well excuse me for a while
But it's time to propagate
I'm comin' from the land
Where the seasons never change
Where all around the world
They're all lookin' to L.A.
Always the first in new directions
Cause Cali leads the way"

Apparently the music was so loud that Buffy hadn’t heard her roommate come in. Spike stood there grinning madly as he watched Buffy shimmy and shake to the God awful pop song. Spike couldn’t hold back any loner and burst out laughing.

Buffy was about to start an old cheer routine when she heard someone behind her and whipped around. Buffy saw Spike and shrieked as she went beet red with embarrassment. Buffy quickly shut of the music scowling at Spike.

“Spike didn’t your mother ever tell you it’s rude to sneak up on people like that,” she snapped.

Spike wiped his eyes trying to compose himself, but he took one look at her t-shirt and broke out into another fit of laughter. Badass Spike Livingston was dating a fucking cheerleader. Could life get anymore ironic than this?

Buffy walked over and swatted Spike hard on the arm while glaring daggers at him.

Spike continued to laugh while rubbing at his sore arm. Buffy wanted so badly to just lay Spike out on his cute little ass and then see who would be laughing then.

Spike could see the Buffy wasn’t finding him at all amusing and decided he better get a grip on himself soon. Coughing from laughing so hard Spike wheezed out, “Sorry luv, it’s just that,” Spike coughed again and this time it sounded like an old man who had smoked all his life. “It’s just that you were bouncing around to what I assume is supposed to be music, and then when I saw that bloody cheerleading shirt, well, I just lost it,” he confessed, not sounding sincere in the least as he coughed a few more times attempting to clear his lungs.

Buffy pulled a face as Spike coughed up phlegm he must have been trying to pull from his toes.

Buffy crossed her arms across her chest. “For starters I was cleaning, and secondly, there’s nothing wrong with my t-shirt,” she replied indignantly.

“Well, if that’s the way you clean I’ll be sure to be home every time you do cause that was just bloody hilarious,” Spike commented with a chuckle. Buffy glared at him and stomped off to her room. Spike was on her in a flash turning Buffy in his arms so she was facing him. “Okay I’ll stop teasing,” he apologized.

Buffy wrinkled her nose and tried to pull out of Spike’s arms. “Gross Spike, you’re all sweaty and nasty,” Buffy complained.

Spike held Buffy tight and waggled his brow suggestively. “Well since you’re cleaning and all, you could come and give me a proper washing.”

Buffy felt a flush rise to her cheeks at the mental image of getting to wash all of Spike’s naughty places. Shaking her head, Buffy gave Spike a warning look. “Spike.”

Spike grinned and leaned into nuzzle her neck. Buffy let out a small whimper which only egged Spike on further. He latched onto Buffy’s neck and began to suck greedily as she mewled in pleasure.

“Spike… Ahhh… you need to… oh God… stop …. Mmmm… before you …..Oh…leave a mark,” Buffy protested half heartedly.

Spike licked and nipped at the spot he had been lavishing. “Just letting everyone know you belong to me,” Spike growled in Buffy’s ear.

Buffy felt a shiver run down her spine at Spike’s possessiveness. She had always hated guys who tried to go all caveman, but with Spike it was just down right hot. Spike took one last nibble of Buffy’s neck before she extracted herself from his arms.

“Go,” Buffy demanded breathlessly, pointing in the direction of the bathroom.

Spike jutted his lip in a pout. “Fine, I’m goin.’” He trudged to the bathroom with his head hung and just before he walked in he turned to Buffy with a hopeful look. “Sure you won’t join me?”

Buffy let out a giggle and scolded playfully, “No!”

Spike scowled and grumbled, “Guess it’s a cold shower for me then,” and shut the door.

Buffy looked at the shut bathroom door and had to fight the urge not to just barge in and take Spike right then and there. Shaking away her naughty thoughts, Buffy grabbed the dust rag in a huff and began to furiously wipe down every surface of their dorm. Glancing in the reflection of the TV, Buffy inspected her neck. She grimaced at the sight of the angry purple mark that adorned her once flawless skin. It looked like it would be turtle necks for the next few days.

Spike came out of the bathroom, towel slung low on his slender hips to find Buffy cleaning manically. He had to let out a soft chuckle. It seemed Buffy was just as frustrated as he was.

“Pet if you don’t quit, you’re gonna rub the finish right off that shelf,” Spike teased.

Buffy turned around and let out a small whimper. ‘Why couldn’t he have gotten dressed in the bathroom?’ Buffy tried averting her eyes from his well toned body, that was still glistening with little water droplets from his shower, but her eyes had a mind of their own.

Spike let a smirk curl at his lips as he asked, “See something you like pet?”

Buffy hadn’t heard a word Spike had said, she just knew that he was talking to her. Buffy snapped her eyes to meet his and muttered, “Huh?”

Spike sauntered over to where Buffy was standing. Leaning in, he whispered huskily in her ear, “I said, see something you like pet?”

Buffy felt her whole body go ablaze when Spike’s warm breath tickled her tender flesh. Nodding mutely, Buffy stood there, eyes closed, heart beating violently in her chest, breathing heavily.

“Can’t hear your head rattle luv,” Spike purred as he darted his tongue out to lick at the deep crimson mark he had left on her neck.

Buffy snapped her eyes open and pushed Spike away with a groan. “Spike you have GOT to stop.”

“Stop what?” he asked with mock innocence.

Buffy gave Spike a disbelieving look. “You know exactly what mister,” she replied dryly.

Spike held up in hands in surrender. “Fine, fine, I’ll just go to my room and get dressed all by my lonesome.” Then with a suggestive grin he added, “Unless….?”


Buffy pointed in the direction of his room. “Go Spike,” she ordered.

With a shrug of his shoulders, Spike went to his room calling over his shoulder, “Can’t blame a bloke for tryin’.”

Buffy shook her head and let out a huff. ‘Take thing’s slow Buffy,’ she reminded herself then looked up to see Spike’s door wide open and Spike in his room naked as the day he was born. Buffy closed her eyes and let out a groan. This was gonna be so much harder than she thought.
CH 37 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Thanks to Brat, MidnightGirl, smg_fan, ForeversEnough, Cordykitten, Lindsay, flibble, and carri for the lovely reviews! I really appreciate them. Enjoy ! Disclaimer in full effect.
Buffy sat at the breakfast bar working on her paper while Spike sat lazily on the couch watching TV. It was a little after eight and Buffy could tell Spike was getting antsy while he was waiting for her to finish her paper. Buffy shook her head and smiled. Spike was just too damn cute for words sitting there trying his damnedest to be patient. Just then Spike’s cell phone rang disturbing Buffy from her musings.

Spike looked on the table next to him and didn’t see his phone. Looking over the back of the couch he saw it sitting on the bar next to Buffy. “Pet do you think you can get that for me?”

Buffy put down her pen and glanced at the caller ID. Oh god, it was Angel. Buffy answered the phone in a timid voice. “Hello?”

“Uh, is Spike there?” Angel asked, slightly surprised to hear a female voice.

“Yeah, hold on,” Buffy replied quickly taking the phone to Spike. Spike gave Buffy a questioning look. Buffy simply mouthed “Angel” As she handed him the phone.

Spike let out a heavy sigh and brought the phone to his ear. “’Ello,” Spike greeted uninterestedly.

“Hey man, we’re all down at ‘Baller’s’ tonight. You know, kinda a guys night out. Wanna join us?” Angel asked.

Spike thought about it for a moment. He had told Buffy that he would stay home with her while she wrote her paper tonight. With a sigh he replied, “I told Buffy I would help her with a paper tonight, so maybe some other time, yeah?”

Buffy hopped off the stool and took the phone out of Spike’s hand. “Angel hold on just a minute,” she asked and then covered the mouth piece.

“Spike you should go out and have a good time with your friends tonight,” Buffy suggested.

“But I already made plans with you,” Spike pointed out.

“Spike, I’m nowhere close to being done with my paper and you and I both know you weren’t planning on helping me write it,” Buffy stated knowingly.

“Well I was gonna watch you write it,” Spike defended playfully.

“Just go Spike.”

Spike took the phone from Buffy and brought it to his ear. “I’ll see you in ten mate,” Spike stated flatly and got off the phone.

Buffy smiled satisfactorily and hopped back on her stool. Spike glanced at Buffy out of the corner of his eye. “Don’t think you’re gonna always get your way just because I agreed to go out tonight luv,” Spike stated resolutely.

“Sure, what ever you say,” Buffy replied flippantly as she worked on her paper.

Spike looked up at the ceiling and rolled his eyes. “Bloody hell, not even a week and I’m already whipped,” Spike stated exasperatedly.

“Hell, not even three days,” Buffy commented cockily never looking up from her books.

Spike grabbed Buffy around the waist, pulling her off her stool and hoisting her over his shoulder.

Buffy squealed and beat on Spike’s back. “Put me down!” she demanded through her giggles.

“Or what, you’ll pat my back to death?” Spike taunted.

Buffy reached down and smacked Spike’s butt. Spike let out a fake moan. “Oh luv, you’re turnin’ me on,” Spike joked.

“Pervert!”

Spike put Buffy on her feet and waggled his brow at her suggestively. “You have no idea.” Buffy just shook her head in response.

Spike gave Buffy a wink and placed a wet kiss to her lips. Buffy took back her place on her stool and asked, “So what time do you think you might be home?”

“Not too late, got class in the morning.” Then with a cheeky grin he added, “If you get tired just go climb in m’bed, and I’ll come snuggle with you when I get home.”

“I just might do that,” Buffy replied suggestively.

“I’ll be sure to come home early then,” Spike purred as he closed the distance between them and placed a mind blowing kiss to Buffy’s full glossy lips.

Buffy felt herself being swept away and pushed Spike away. “Go before I change my mind,” she demanded breathlessly.

Spike reluctantly turned and walked to the door. “See you when I get home pet,” he called to her before walking out the door.

“Have fun!” Buffy answered back just before the door shut.

Buffy looked around the empty dorm room. She missed Spike already and he hadn’t even been gone two minutes. With a huff Buffy returned her focus on her paper. If she hurried, she might finish before Spike got home and that would mean plenty of fun snuggle time with the man she was most definitely falling head over heels in love with.

Spike walked into the smoky sports bar and saw his friends at their usual table. Walking over he greeted them. “Hey mates.”

Angel walked over and slapped Spike on the shoulder. “I see your girl convinced you to have a night out with the guys.”

“Watch it mate,” Spike warned.

Lindsey walked over, beer in hand. “Easy now Spike, we just want to have some fun tonight.”

Spike took the beer from Lindsey’s hand and chugged it down in one swallow. “Well then that’s exactly what we’ll do then,” Spike replied as he grabbed a pool stick.

“Come on man, I got first game,” Gunn stated as he grabbed a pool stick and began to rack up the balls.

“I’ll grab us some more beers,” Angel suggested.

“Oi, grab me a shot of tequila while your at it?” Spike asked before Angel left.

“Sure, I guess I owe you after the other day, huh?” Angel commented.

Spike looked up and replied dryly, “Mate there aren’t enough shots in this bar.”

Angel just laughed as he headed to the bar. Spike took his shot and then looked over to Gunn. “So you have anything you want to say about the other day?”

Gunn took his shot and then looked over at Spike. “Nah man, I told you before, I’m for real sorry about bustin’ up in your place like that. Believe me I had no idea you and Buffy would be tryin’ to get your groove on,” he admitted.

Spike knew Gunn was being honest and decided to let his grudge lie. “No worries mate, just don’t let it happen again,” Spike warned.

Angel brought over their drinks and handed them out. Angel held up his beer in salute. “To good friends, good beer, and even better women,” Angel toasted taking a long swig of his beer. There was a round of ‘Here, here’s” heard around the table as each man saluted his beer. Spike putt down his beer and resumed his game with Gunn. “Alright Charlie boy, let a real man show you how it’s done.”

Buffy looked at the clock and noticed it was a little after 9:30. She had just put the finishing touches on her paper and desperately needed to at least get one load of laundry done. Gathering her clothes together, Buffy put them in her basket and grabbed her detergent and dryer sheets out of the closet. She noticed one of Spike’s shirts on the bathroom floor and wondered if he had anything he needed washed while she was doing her laundry. Picking up the phone she called Spike to ask him about it.

Spike felt his phone vibrating in his pocket and pulled it out looking at the caller ID. When he saw Buffy’s number, he grinned like a loon as he answered the call.

“Well ‘ello there gorgeous,” Spike slurred into the phone.

Buffy frowned. “Spike are you drunk?” she asked aggravated. So much for snuggle time.

“Lil bit,” Spike admitted.

“Spike you have class tomorrow,” Buffy pointed out exasperatedly

“No worries luv, got plenty of time to sleep it off,” Spike replied nonchalantly.

“Spike, do you have any laundry that needs to be done?” Buffy asked irritably.

“Sure, just what ever you can find in m’room, luv,” Spike replied still slurring his words.

“Fine,” Buffy sated tersely.

“Are you mad with me luv?” Spike asked

“Why would I be mad Spike?” Buffy replied sarcastically.

“Well you sound mad,” Spike pointed out.

“I’ll see you when you get home,” Buffy replied and then hung up. Grabbing Spike’s clothes from his room, she piled them in the basket and headed out the door in a huff. She was so going to kick his ass when he got home.

Spike took the phone from his ear and stared at it. Buffy had just hung up on him. Looking up at Lindsey he muttered, “She fuckin’ hung up on me.”

Lindsey handed Spike another beer and patted his shoulder. “Welcome to domestic bliss my man,” and then he walked back over to Gunn, who was attempting to hit on some girl.

Spike shook his head and tossed back his beer in one swallow. Pulling his cigarettes from his pocket, he lit one up and took a long drag. It seemed like forever since he had last had a cigarette. Buffy had complained about him smoking so he had made a point of refraining when she was around. Taking another soothing hit, he blew out the smoke slowly, letting the nicotine course trough him.

Angel walked over sitting on the stool across from Spike. “You seem to be really enjoying that cigarette,” Angel pointed out.

Spike studied the half burned cigarette that lay between his fingers and smirked. “Been a few days now, gotta make m’girl happy,” he explained.

“So Buffy doesn’t want you smoking?” Angel asked curiously.

“Never came out and said it,” Spike defended his girlfriend.

“She really has changed you hasn’t she?” Angel commented knowingly.

“You act like that’s a bad thing,” Spike snapped.

“Hey, calm down,” Angel replied with his hands up in surrender. “All I’m sayin’ is that ever since you moved in with Buffy, you aren’t the same badass Spike, that’s all.”

“M’still as badass as ever,” Spike replied indignantly.

“Sure you are Spike.”

“Hey, I’ll have you know I kicked the shit out of some asshole at this strip club while in Sunny-D over holiday, thank you very much,” Spike defended his title of ‘badass’.

“Really, and what was that fight over again?” Angel asked knowingly.

“S’not the point, the point is, I can still kick your ass three weeks from next Sunday,” Spike slurred cockily.

“I’m gonna let that one slide seeing how you’re drunk, William,” Angel warned jokingly.

“Is that so, Liam,” Spike taunted using Angel’s given name.

“Alright Spike, don’t think I won’t use your drunk ass to mop the floor with,” Angel replied half joking half serious.

Spike finished his beer and snorted. “That’s about the only way you’d ever manage,” Spike informed him.

Angel looked down at his watch. “Hey Spike it’s getting kinda late, you need a ride back to the dorms?”

“Nah, I’m good,” Spike replied standing up from his stool. Spike felt the room start to spin and grabbed the table to balance himself. He was a bit more drunk than he had thought. Looking up at Angel he added, “On second thought, I think I will take that ride.”

Angel let Gunn and Lindsey know he was taking Spike home and helped Spike to the car.

Putting Spike in the passenger seat he warned, “Spike if you throw up in my car, I will kick your ass.”

Spike muttered something unintelligible under his breath and settled back his seat. Angel got into the car and drove them the short distance back to the dorms.

Angel managed to get Spike up the stairs to his and Buffy’s door without Spike falling or throwing up on him. Leaning Spike against the wall, Angel turned the knob but found it locked. Turning to Spike he asked, “Is Buffy home?”

“Must still be down the hall doin’ our laundry,” Spike slurred.

“She does your laundry?” Angel asked in disbelief. Shaking his head he asked, “Well do you have your keys?”

Spike fished around in his pocket and pulled out a set of keys and jingled them in Angel’s face. Angel took the keys and opened the door. He helped Spike to stand up straight, guided him in the door taking him to the couch.

Spike flopped on the couch and looked up at Angel with lazy eyes. “Thanks mate.”

“Well it was either me bring you home or let you walk and possibly get hit by a car,” Angel pointed out.

“Yeah, don’t think Buffy would fancy a broken boyfriend,” Spike commented.

“Yeah well she just might break you herself when she comes back and finds you drunk as a skunk,” Angel pointed out slightly amused.

Spike closed his eyes and let out a groan. Buffy might be a little thing, but she could be damn scary when she was brassed off.

Angel let out a laugh and patted Spike’s shoulder. “Yeah buddy, I’m damn sure I don’t want to be you right now.”

Just then Buffy walked in the door with a basket of laundry on her hip. Angel turned to look at Buffy and then looked back down at a very drunk Spike. Oh yeah, Spike’s ass was in trouble good.

Buffy set down her basket and walked over to the couch. “Angel what’s going…?” Buffy trailed off as she looked down at Spike drunk and sprawled on the couch. Buffy put her hands on her hips and looked at Angel expectantly. “Angel?”

Angel rubbed at his neck nervously as he explained. “It seems Spike here has had a bit too much to drink tonight.”

“How much is too much?” Buffy asked angrily.

“I don’t know exactly,” Angel answered timidly.

Buffy glared down at Spike and then turned to Angel. “Thanks for getting him home.” Buffy replied gratefully.

“Hey no problem,” Angel replied heading towards the door. Buffy followed to lock up behind him. Just before Buffy shut the door Angel stopped her. “Try not to be too hard on him; he’s gonna have the world’s worst hangover, so that should be punishment enough,” Angel informed her, completely amused.

“The hangover he has in the morning will be the least of his worries,” Buffy stated sadistically and then gave Angel a sweet smile. “Night Angel.” And shut the door.

Angel stood there for a moment staring at the shut door. Boy was he glad he wasn’t the one that was going to have to wake up with Buffy in the morning.

Buffy walked over to the couch to find Spike passed out asleep. With an exasperated sigh, Buffy shook Spike’s shoulder. “Spike wake up, we need to get you to bed.”

Spike mumble incoherently and opened his eyes to mere slits. “I’ll jus’ shlep ‘er,” Spike mumbled.

Buffy let out an aggravated groan and pulled Spike off the couch, supporting his weight in her shoulder. When Spike breathed in her face Buffy had to fight the urge to gag. He reeked of cigarette smoke and booze.

Careful not to fall, Buffy all but dragged Spike to his room and laid him on his bed. She was tempted to leave him fully clothed and shoes on, but decided that if he woke up in the middle of the night he might attempt to undress himself and fall and hurt himself.

Buffy reached down and grabbed one of Spike’s booted feet and began to untie the laces, once she got one off she moved to the next. When she had off both of his socks and shoes she worked on getting off his shirt and pants. She prayed to who ever was listening that Spike had decided to wear underwear today, but when she undid his pants she found she would have no such luck.

Buffy walked over to Spike’s dresser and grabbed a pair of boxers from his drawer and went back to the bed. Quickly Buffy stripped Spike of his pants and attempted to put boxers on him, which was a much more difficult task than she had expected. When she had finally gotten Spike situated, she got him under the covers and put a trash can by the bed just in case. She was almost out the door when she heard Spike call out to her. Buffy walked back over to the bed and asked,” What is it Spike?” aggravation evident in her voice.

Spike looked up at Buffy with hooded eyes and murmured in a drunken slur, “I love you Buffy,” before letting his head hit the pillow, passed out asleep.

Buffy stood there in shock. Spike had just told her he loved her. She stared at Spike as he began to snore loudly into his pillow. Buffy rolled her eyes. Great. He finally decides to tell me this and he’s three sheets to the wind and won’t remember a damn thing in the morning. With a huff Buffy turned off the lights and left Spike’s room. ‘Oh yeah, he’s gonna wish all he had to deal with was a hang over when I’m through with him.’
CH 38 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Thanks to Karyn, Brunettepet, Melody, Kristin, MidnightGirl, Cordykitten, Brat, Lisa, lindsay, Flibble, anna, Smitten, and seraiza for reviewing, y'all are such sweetie poohs! Well enjoy! Disclaimer in full effect.
Spike let out a groan as he moved to roll over. He felt like utter shit. His head was pounding and his mouth felt like it was stuffed with dry cotton balls. Cracking an eye open, he glanced over at the alarm clock on the nightstand and noted it was well after noon. He had missed his morning classes and he really didn’t see himself making his afternoon ones either. Rolling on his back, Spike clamped his eyes shut and prayed that the hammering in his head would go away. Just when the pain was beginning to subside, the front door shut with a slam.

“Bloody fucking hell,” Spike groaned as his head began to throb again.

Buffy walked in Spike’s room and greeted loudly. “Wakie, wakie Spike!” She had had the day to stew over Spike’s latest antic and by this time she was majorly pissed.

Spike squinted up at Buffy. “Bugger, do you have to be so loud?” he grumbled miserably.

“What’s the matter Spike, not feeling so good?” Buffy cooed in a sickeningly sweet voice as she tore open the curtains that had previously been shading his bedroom.

Spike shielded his eyes from the offensive light yelling, “Fuck, close the bloody curtains you crazy bint!”

“Now Spike, that’s no way to talk to the woman you love,” Buffy remarked sardonically.

Spike cracked an eye at Buffy and frowned. “Huh?”

“Oh, don’t you remember Spike? Last night right before you passed out you told me you loved me,” Buffy informed him, hands firmly planted on her hips as she glared down at him.

Spike thought for a minute. He vaguely remembered Buffy putting him to bed and then he had called out to her ….Oh shit! Headache forgotten, Spike sat up straight in the bed.

“Buffy, let me explain,” Spike pleaded.

“Explain what Spike?” Buffy snapped. “That the first time you tell me you love me your shit faced and I had to actually remind you.”

“Buffy I didn’t mean to tell you like that,” Spike admitted remorsefully. He had buggered things up right and proper this time.
“Yeah, well you did Spike,” Buffy pointed out heatedly and then stormed out of Spike’s room slamming the door behind her.

Spike winced as the door slammed. He flung his legs over the side of the bed and hung his head. How was he going to fix this mess he had gotten himself into? There was no doubt Buffy was going to make him pay royally. Falling back onto the bed Spike pinched the bridge of his nose and tried to think of a way to make things right with Buffy.

Buffy felt tears sting her eyes. God, she was so damn mad at Spike. How could he have done this? First he admits it to Giles, and then he waits until he’s drunk to tell the one person that it would mean the most to. Could he be any more of a moron? She needed to go and cool off somewhere before she confronted Spike again. Grabbing her purse, she went to see the one person who might be able to help her calm down. Willow.

Spike heard the front door shut and quickly went to the living room. Buffy was gone. Spike made it to the front door in two strides and tore it open. Stepping out, he looked down hall, but Buffy was nowhere in sight.

“Fuck!” Spike roared as people in the hallway turned to stare at him. Spike looked down to see he was standing there wearing nothing but a pair of boxers that just happened to be riding very low on his slender hips leaving very little to the imagination. With a frustrated growl Spike stormed back in his room slamming the door behind him.

“Bloody hell!” could be heard all the way down the hall as Spike stood on the other side if the shut door holding his head in his hands. Bloody hangover was going to be the death of him.

Buffy knocked on Willow’s door, praying that her best friend was home. When Willow opened the door Buffy let her tears fall and flung herself in Willow’s arms letting out a choked sob.

“Buffy what happened?” Willow asked full of concern as she led the weeping blond in her room, shutting the door behind them.

Buffy let go of Willow and hiccupped, “Oh Wills.” But that was as far as she got before another bought of tears took over.

Willow sat Buffy down on the bed and took a seat next to her. “Buffy you have to calm down,” Willow suggested softly. Once Buffy seemed to calm, Willow tried again. “Now tell me what has you so upset.”

Buffy wiped at her nose and explained. “Well last night I told Spike to go out with his friends to Baller’s right? Well he decided to come home drunk, and managed to declare his love for me right before passing out,” Buffy explained before letting out another sob.

Willow wrapped Buffy in her arms. “Oh Buffy,” Willow replied sympathetically as she rubbed her friends back comfortingly.

“Oh Willow how could he have told me like that?” Buffy whimpered as she cried into the red head’s shoulder.

“Well, not that it’s an excuse by any means, but he is a man,” Willow tried, hoping to lighten the mood.

Buffy pulled out of Willow’s hug and wiped at her tear swollen eyes. “Not helping Wills,” Buffy informed her.

Willow let out a heavy sigh. “Buffy I know you’re mad at Spike right now, but you should really talk to him about this,” Willow suggested gently.

“If I talk to him now I’ll end up saying something I may or may not regret,” Buffy replied resolutely.

“I get that,” Willow said understandingly. “But Buffy, I bet Spike really didn’t mean to tell you like that. If I know Spike, he’s probably been feeling this way for awhile and just let it slip from all the alcohol,” she suggested diplomatically.

“Well, he did tell Giles in a round about way that he loved me,” Buffy confessed sheepishly.

“Seriously! When?”

“The morning after we slept together,” Buffy informed her best friend, blushing deep red.

“The morning after you what?!” Willow exclaimed shocked.

Buffy had forgotten she hadn’t told Willow about her and Spike sleeping together yet. With wide eyes Buffy looked up at Willow. “I swear Willow I was gonna tell you, I just didn’t know how.”


Willow sat there completely perplexed. “When did this happen?”

“The night of the strip club,” Buffy admitted sheepishly.

“I knew something was up with you two when you came to pick me up,” Willow commented knowingly. “I can’t believe you didn’t tell me.”

“Well I wanted to, I just…I don’t know,” Buffy rambled. She had never been big on the whole kiss and tell concept. She felt something’s were just supposed to be private.

“So?” Willow asked expectantly.

“So what?” Buffy asked slightly confused as to what Willow was asking.

“So, how was it?” Willow asked with a mischievous grin.

“Willow!” Buffy gasped. Willow didn’t actually expect her to answer that did she?

“What?” Willow asked incredulously.

“You’re totally getting off the subject here,” Buffy replied trying to divert Willow’s attention.

“Fine,” Willow relented. She would just have to pump Buffy for details later.

Buffy was thankful that Willow was going to drop the subject. With a heavy sigh Buffy asked, “So what do I do Wills? Should I just pretend he ever said anything at all, or do I forgive him and tell him I think I feel the same way?” The uncertainty was evident in her voice.

Willow sat thoughtful for a minute and then asked, “Do you think he meant it?”

“I don’t know. When he talked to Giles he said he thought he was in love with me, not that he actually was.”

“Well for Spike that’s a big deal,” Willow informed Buffy. “But I guess the real question would be, do you want him to mean it?”

Of course she wanted him to mean it, because if he didn’t then she really would be hurt, even more so than the fact that he had to be drunk to confess his true feelings. Buffy felt fresh tears begin to sting her eyes. What if Spike hadn’t really meant to say it at all? It wasn’t like he was quick to reassure her this afternoon. Buffy let a rouge tear fall from her eye as she looked at Willow and said, “Yeah Wills, I do, I love him.”

Willow felt her own tears surface at Buffy’s soft confession. She had to find someway to make it right between her two blond friends. Willow was about to suggest that Buffy go and tell Spike how she really felt when Buffy’s cell phone started to ring.

Buffy pulled her phone out of her purse and looked at the caller ID. She felt a knot form in her throat when Spike’s name flashed across the screen. Taking a deep breath, she pressed send and brought the phone to her ear.

“Hey,” She greeted softly into the phone.

“Buffy please come home so we can talk,” Spike pleaded desperately.

At Willow’s questioning look Buffy mouthed Spike’s name. Willow gave her a supportive smile and stepped outside to give her some privacy. Once Willow had shut the door behind her, Buffy let out a sigh.

“I’ll come home, but first I just want you to know that I’m still really mad at you,” Buffy informed Spike. “But you’re right, we do need to talk.”

“Thank you Buffy,” Spike replied quietly.

“I’ll be home in a minute; I just need to finish talking to Willow.”

“Take all the time you need, I’ll be here waiting for you,” Spike assured her.

“Alright Spike.”

“Oh and Buffy,” Spike said quickly before she hung up.

“Yeah?”

“I meant what I said Buffy. I do love you.” Spike confessed whole-heartedly and then hung up the phone before Buffy could respond.

Buffy felt hot tears course down her cheeks from Spike’s confession. How could she stay mad with him after that? Hanging up the phone, she walked over to the door and opened it to find Willow standing there expectantly.

“So how’d it go?”

“Well, let’s just say that I’m going home to the man I love,” Buffy admitted with a soft smile.

Willow bounced up and down giddily as she clapped her hands. “Oh Buffy, I’m so glad you two worked things out.”

“We still have a lot to talk about, but I think we can get past this,” Buffy said hopefully

Willow gave Buffy a playful shove. “Well, what are you waiting for? Go already.”

Buffy shook her head and started down the hallway.

Buffy stopped and turned back to Willow and grinned as she joked, “Hey Wills, just put our little session on my tab.”

“Yeah, like I’ll ever see a penny,” Willow teased before waving and going back into her room.


Spike paced nervously back and forth across the room. It hadn’t been more than five minutes since he had talked to her and he was already growing impatient. He hoped his confession had assured Buffy that he really did mean what he had said in his drunken state.

Spike stopped in his tracks when he heard the front door open. He turned and saw Buffy standing in the doorway with swollen eyes and tear stained cheeks. He thought his heart might break in two knowing that he was the one who had caused those tears.

Buffy slowly walked in the room and shut the door behind her. She crossed the room and stopped in front of Spike and looked up at him with big green eyes.

“Hey,” she greeted softly.

Spike had to resist the urge to snatch Buffy up in his arms and smother her with kisses. With a mournful look he greeted back, “Hey yourself.”

Buffy took a deep breath and suggested, “I guess we should talk, huh?”

“Yeah we probably should,” Spike agreed and held out a hand gesturing to the couch. Buffy nodded her head and went to sit down. Spike followed suit and took the seat next to her.

Scratching his head nervously he began.

“Buffy, I can’t tell you how sorry I am about my behavior last night. I was a complete wanker. I can only imagine how much I hurt you, but you have to believe me, I meant every word I said. I love you,” he stated softly reaching out a tentative hand to brush her arm.

Buffy closed her eyes and just let herself enjoy Spike’s tender touch. With a raged breath, Buffy opened her eyes and stared into Spike’s ocean deep ones.

“I know,” Buffy all but whispered as a tear fell from her eye.

Spike instinctively brushed the stray tear away with the pad of his thumb. Buffy leaned into Spike’s touch and let out a breathy sigh.

“Oh Spike,” was all she murmured. She just couldn’t bring herself to say more.

Spike scooted closer to Buffy and softly cupped her cheek. Slowly he brought his mouth to hers in the tenderest of kisses, praying she wouldn’t reject him.

Buffy felt warmth spread all over her the instant Spike’s lips met hers. Her mind went blank and she forgot all reasons as to why she was mad with him. Buffy snaked a small arm around Spike’s neck and pulled him closer to deepen the kiss. Spike willingly obliged and closed the distance between them, slowly laying Buffy down on the couch.

They kissed languidly. Neither felt the need to rush or be forceful. It was about taking things slow, almost as if learning one another for the first time. Spike took his lips from Buffy’s and began to trail kisses across her cheek and down her swan like neck, ending on her frail collarbone.

Buffy fluttered her eyes shut and craned her neck to give Spike better access. “Ah Spike,” Buffy gasped in a breathy moan.

“Buffy, please forgive me,” Spike pleaded huskily as he licked and nipped at her shoulder.

Buffy pulled Spike back up to eye level, looking deep into his lust filled eyes. “On one condition.”

“Anythin’ luv, anythin’ you want,” Spike agreed whole-heartedly.

“That from now on, you promise to be completely honest with me, no matter what,” Buffy requested.

Spike smiled down at Buffy adoringly. “I promise,” he stated sincerely. And he meant it. From here on out he was going to tell Buffy everything he felt, when he felt it. With that in mind he knew he had to tell Buffy about their lack of protection.

Buffy smiled warmly at Spike. “Then you’re forgiven,” she replied softly.

Spike sat up and pulled Buffy with him, looking at her with nervous eyes.

“Buffy we need to talk about something,” Spike stated matter of factly.

“Okay,” Buffy drawled confused.

“If I’m gonna be honest with you,” Spike started as he collected his thoughts. “Then we should talk about that night in Sunnydale.”

“Oh,” Buffy whispered.

“It was the most amazing night of my life. I’ve never felt anything remotely close to what I feel for you Buffy. I thought I was in love once before, but I know now, I was sorely mistaken. You’re the only one for me,” Spike confessed.

Buffy didn’t know what to say. No one had ever told her that they loved her before and now here Spike was telling her that she was the only one for him. The thought scared her and excited her all at the same time. Buffy looked deep in to Spike’s eyes. “Spike, no one besides my parent’s has ever told me they loved me,” Buffy confessed. “So when you told me last night all drunk it really hurt,” she admitted softly.

Spike felt like an unadulterated asshole. Not only had he fucked up her first time with sex by being an irresponsible git, now he had ruined her first time of someone telling her that they loved her.

“Could I be any more of a wanker,” Spike belittled himself.

Buffy placed a comforting hand on his arm. “Spike don’t, you had no idea,” Buffy tried to reassure him.

“No. You can’t make excuses for me Buffy. I fucked up big time.”

Spike got up and started to pace back and forth. “This is what I get for not just telling you how I felt to begin with,” Spike ranted. “’Cause if I had, this would be one less thing that I fucked up for you.”

Buffy stood and stopped Spike’s pacing. “Spike what are you talking about?”

Well mate, it’s now or never. With a deep breath, Spike admitted to Buffy about what had been on his mind since the morning they had left Sunnydale. “Buffy, the night we made love, we didn’t use a condom,” he stated regretfully.

Buffy got a surprised look on her face. She hadn’t given it much thought at the time, but this had the potential to be a world of bad. Buffy wasn’t on any kind of birth control herself and they had had sex twice that night.

Buffy looked up at Spike with wide eyes letting out a stunned “Oh!”

“I know it’s a little late to be asking now, but you wouldn’t by any chance be on the pill would you?” Spike asked hopefully, even thought he knew the answer was more than likely no. She was a virgin after all.

Buffy looked down and shook her head no. Spike lifted Buffy’s chin to look in her eyes. “Hey, we’ll figure this out. No matter what, I’m not goin’ anywhere Buffy,” he assured her

Buffy gave Spike a weak smile. “Well I guess all we can do now is wait.”

Spike pulled Buffy into his arms and kissed the top of her head. “I guess so.”

They stood in the middle of the living room silently in each other’s arms. This was going to be the longest four weeks of their lives.
CH 39 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Thanks to slayerette, lacey, Cordykitten, BuffyandSpikeFOrever, lindsay, Brat, Kristin, Lisa, Brunettepet, flibble, spikesbabi, carri, and MidnightGirl for the reviews. Y'all are such doll babies! Let me know what you think. Kuddos! Discalimer in full effect.
It had been two weeks since Spike had confessed to Buffy that he loved her and she still had yet to say it back. Spike knew that it would take some time after everything that had come into light, but he still couldn’t help but feel hurt because every time he confessed his love Buffy would just smile softly and change the subject.

The Christmas holidays were soon approaching and Spike wanted to find the perfect present for Buffy. It had to be something heart felt that would take her breath away. He had been doing little things trying to redeem himself after the whole drunken mess he had caused, but this would hopefully show Buffy how much he really loved her.

Buffy was out with Willow shopping and wasn’t going to be back for awhile, so Spike decided he had time to go out and do a bit of shopping himself. He was almost out the door when the phone rang.

“’Ello.”

“William, my sweet boy,” A sweet voice replied over the phone.

Spike smiled into the phone. “Mum, how are you?”

“As best can be expected when my darling boy is half way across the world from me,” Anne Livingston replied softly.

Spike let out a sigh. It never failed; every time his mother called she tried to make him feel guilty for being so far away from home. “Mum, you know I had to leave the nest some time,” Spike informed his mother gently.

“Yes William I know, I just wish you might have chosen a closer tree,” Anne replied playing on Spike’s analogy.

Spike had to laugh. “Mum that was absolutely awful,” Spike teased.

“I thought it was quite clever myself,” Anne quipped.

Spike let out another soft chuckle before asking, “So what do I owe the pleasure of this phone call?”

“Well to give you your Christmas present,” Anne informed giddily.

“But Christmas isn’t for another two weeks,” Spike pointed out.

“I know, but your flight leaves the week before the holidays, so I can’t exactly wait until then now can I?” Anne replied.

“What?” Spike asked surprised. He couldn’t fly home for the holidays. This was his and Buffy’s first Christmas together, and he didn’t think her folks would let her fly off for the holidays. Hell Buffy hadn’t even told them they were dating out of fear that her dad would make her move.

“I bought you a ticket to come home for two weeks, and Rupert will be coming with you as well,” Anne exclaimed excitedly. “Oh William, won’t it be wonderful, the whole family together for the holidays!”

Spike felt like a rock was sitting in his stomach. He was just starting to get back into Buffy’s good graces and now he was going to have to tell her he would be gone for two whole weeks. In an absent voice, Spike replied, “Yeah Mum, great.”

Anne was so excited she didn’t catch her son’s disinterested tone. Anne continued to talk animatedly about Spike’s upcoming arrival while Spike added the appropriate ‘yeah’s’ and ‘okay’s’.

When Spike couldn’t take anymore he explained to his mother that he had some errands to take care of and he would call her later to get all the details of his upcoming trip. Anne agreed and bid her goodbyes before disconnecting.

Spike hung up the phone and let out an audible groan. How in the bleeding hell was he going to tell Buffy he had to go to sodding England for Christmas? Cursing his own fate, Spike got up and headed out the door to find the perfect gift for Buffy.

Buffy and Willow had been shopping for what felt like hours and Buffy was still empty handed. She had gone into every store the mall had to offer and she still couldn’t decide what to get Spike for Christmas. She had thought of clothes, but that was beyond lame. Buffy had seen a few nice watches that had grabbed her attention, but they just didn’t seem like Spike. That’s when the idea hit her. Pulling Willow along, Buffy headed in the direction of the store she knew would have what she was looking for.

Spike stood in front of the glass counter, looking at the assortment of merchandise. There were so many to choose from that he was beginning to wonder if he should have brought Red with him to help him decide. The look on his face must have given away his dilemma because a petite saleswoman walked over to assist him.

“Is there anything I can help you with sir?” the young woman asked in a sickeningly sweet voice.

“Yeah, m’lookin’ for something special for m’girlfrien’,” Spike informed the salesgirl.

“I see,” the young woman replied knowingly. “Well you’re in luck, because that just so happens to be our specialty.”

“Right then, lead the way,” Spike suggested.

The saleswoman led Spike to a counter and pulled out a few items for his inspection. Spike looked them over and shook his head disapprovingly. The young woman pulled out a few more items and Spike pointed. “That’s it, that’s the one I want,” Spike demanded.

The sales woman smiled approvingly. “That’s an excellent choice if I do say so myself.”

“So, if you were to get something like this for your first Christmas together with your boyfriend you’d like it?” Spike asked insecurely.

“Oh most definitely,” the sales woman assured him with a bright smile. Feeling confident with his decision, Spike went to the register and finished his purchase.

Willow and Buffy stopped out side the store and Willow looked inside with a wide grin on her face. Turning to Buffy she commented, “It’s absolutely perfect.”

Buffy gave Willow a hopeful look and they headed inside to see if Buffy could find what she was looking for.

Buffy browsed around the store on a mission. She hadn’t come across what she was looking for yet, but she just knew she would know it when she saw it. Willow held up several items, but Buffy just dismissed them and continued her hunt. She had all but given up when she came across what she was looking for. She held it up excitedly to Willow.

“This is it; this is what I was looking for!” Buffy chirped giddily.

“Wow Buffy, it’s amazing,” Willow gushed and then looked at the price tag. “Whoa, are you sure?” she asked with shocked surprise.

“Absolutely,” Buffy stated resolutely.

Willow shook her head disbelievingly and followed Buffy to the register. The item Buffy had picked out was very expensive, but Willow knew Buffy had made up her mind and there was nothing anyone could do to change it.

Buffy put her item on the counter and rummaged through her purse for her wallet. The guy behind the counter rung up the merchandise and commented, “Who ever this is for is a very lucky guy.”

Buffy smiled satisfactorily and handed the guy her credit card. He was about to swipe it when Buffy stopped him.

“Wait, can I see that one right there,” Buffy asked pointing in the glass container. The guy pulled out the item Buffy had pointed to and handed it to her for her inspection. Buffy took it out of its box and studied it for a minute. It was perfect. Buffy handed it back to the gentleman behind the counter and stated, “I’ll take it.”

The guy simply shook his head and let out a soft chuckle as he rung up the second item Buffy had picked out. Buffy gave the guy a big smile and grabbed her purchases. She met Willow out side the store and asked, “So do you think Spike will like his gift?”

“Are you kidding me?” Willow asked incredulously. “Buffy he is going to flip when you give it to him,” Willow informed her friend.

Buffy let out a giddy laugh and clutched her bag in her hand. She so couldn’t wait for Christmas.


Buffy walked in the door and set down her purse on the counter. Spike peered over the edge of the couch and frowned, “Didn’t find anything while you were out?”

Buffy tried her best to look indifferent. “Nope,” she lied. She ditched her bag at Willow’s so Spike wouldn’t find his gift if he tried snooping around when she wasn’t home.

“Well did you have a good time anyway?” Spike asked casually as he turned his attention back to the TV.

Buffy came to sit next to Spike on the couch. “Yeah, we did,” Buffy replied in an exhausted tone.

Spike turned to Buffy and asked, “Tired pet?”

“Kinda,” she replied and then asked, “So what’d you do all afternoon?”

“Nothin’ really, just picked up a bit and then watched some telly,” he replied. It wasn’t exactly a lie, just a partial truth.

“Be glad, the mall was a mad house,” Buffy informed him and grimaced remembering all the engrossed shoppers.

‘Don’t I know it,’ Spike thought to himself remembering his own horrific experience at the shops.

Spike patted Buffy’s thigh and suggested, “How ‘bout you go take a nice hot bath and I’ll order us some dinner, how’s that sound?”

“Mmm, like heaven,” Buffy replied wistfully.

Spike got up and pulled Buffy to her feet. Placing his hands on Buffy’s shoulders he massaged them gently as he led her to the bathroom. With a quick nuzzle to her neck, Spike left Buffy to her bath and went to order food.

Buffy closed the door to the bathroom and sat on the edge of the tub to run her water. Grabbing her favorite bubble bath, she poured a generous amount in the water and watched as the frothy foam began to fill the tub. She quickly removed her clothes and slipped in the vanilla/gardenia scented water.

Buffy leaned her head back and let the warm water relax her tired muscles. In her relaxed state she let her mind wander.

It had been two weeks since Spike’s botched attempt at telling her he loved her. He had gone above and beyond trying to make things up to her. He would leave little love notes scattered throughout the dorm for her to find randomly and left fresh flowers in her room with notes that said, “Just because I love you.”

There was no doubt that Spike was in love with her. Everything was great except for the fact that he wouldn’t touch her. Sure he would give her little sweet kisses when she got home or hold her hand when they watched TV, but that was as far as it went. Spike had changed. He was almost timid around her and this made Buffy’s heart ache a bit. She wanted the old amorous Spike back. She was bound and determined to get things back to normal between them; she just had to figure out how.

Buffy laid in the tub lost in her thoughts so long that the water turned cold. Shivering, Buffy climbed out of the tub and wrapped herself in her thick terrycloth robe and rubbed her arms fighting away the chill. Buffy pulled a comb through her honey blond tresses and opened the bathroom door.

Spike looked up at the sound of the bathroom door opening and his mouth went dry. Buffy was standing there in her bathrobe and her face was clean of all traces of makeup. Spike decided that he had never seen Buffy look more beautiful than she did right then. Swallowing hard, Spike asked, “Have a nice bath?” his voice tight with desire.

“Mm hmm,” Buffy replied with a nod. “Dinner smells wonderful.”

“I got you the fettuccine alfredo you like so much from ‘Alonzo’s’. I hope that’s alright.”

Buffy smiled brightly. “It’s more than alright,” she assured him. “Give me a minute to get dressed and we can eat.” Spike nodded in agreement and took their plates into the living room.

Buffy found a pair of silk pajama pants and a white camisole to put on. She dried her hair with her towel as best she could and left it loose to dry naturally. Glancing in the mirror she nodded approvingly and went to eat dinner with Spike.

Spike was already seated on the floor waiting for Buffy. Buffy sat across from him and sniffed at her plate. “God this smells wonderful,” She gushed as she picked up her fork and twirled a fork full of pasta.

“It does,” Spike agreed as he took a bite of his spaghetti.

They sat in comfortable silence as they ate their food. Spike knew he needed to tell Buffy about his phone call with his mother, so he decided now was as good a time as ever.

“I talked to my mum today,” Spike started.

“Really? What did she have to say?” Buffy asked curiously.

“The usual stuff. You know, she wishes I was closer to home, that sort of thing.”

“I bet she really misses you, huh?” Buffy asked sympathetically

“Yeah, since my Da’s not around, it’s just her,” Spike replied sadly.

“So, what does she plan to do for the holidays?” Buffy asked as she took a bite of her pasta.

There it was. His opportunity to tell Buffy that he wasn’t going to be here in LA for Christmas was staring him in the face. Spike put down his fork and wiped his mouth. Taking a deep breath, he looked up at Buffy with sad eyes.

“Buffy my mum asked me to come home for Christmas,” He stated quietly.

“Oh,” Buffy replied letting her disappointment show. Their first Christmas together as a couple and Spike was gonna be half way across the world. “So I guess you told her yes.”

“I didn’t really have a choice, she already bought my ticket,” Spike explained mournfully. He wanted nothing more than to stay in LA with Buffy, but it would absolutely crush his mother if he turned down her gift.

“So when do you leave?” Buffy asked as she fought the tears stinging the backs of her eyes.

“Next week, after finals.”

“How long will you be gone?” Buffy asked in a tight voice as a tear fell from her eye.

Spike went to Buffy and wrapped her in his arms. “Buffy don’t cry, it’ll only be for a couple of weeks,” he assured her in a comforting voice as he stroked her hair.

Buffy reveled at the feel of Spike’s arms around her. It had been so long since he had held her like this. If all it would take to get Spike to hold her again were a few tears then she would have cried more often.

Spike pulled back to look in Buffy’s eyes as he cupped her cheeks. “You know I would much rather be here with you right?”

Buffy nodded sadly. “I know.”

Spike kissed Buffy’s forehead and sat back on his haunches. “How ‘bout we finish up dinner and watch a movie,” Spike suggested trying to lighten the mood.

Buffy looked at her plate of half eaten food. “I’m not that hungry anymore,” she replied softly.

“How ‘bout that movie then?” Spike asked hopefully.

Buffy just wanted to crawl in her bed and cry herself to sleep. She was so disappointed that Spike wasn’t going to be with her for Christmas. She had made so many plans for them. First she was going to tell her parents about her relationship with Spike, and then on Christmas morning she had planned to tell Spike that she loved him, but now it was all ruined.

“I think I’m just gonna head to bed, I have class in the morning and I’m kinda tired from all the shopping today,” Buffy lied. There was no way she would be able to sit with Spike watching a movie and not burst into tears.

“I understand, you head to bed and I’ll clean up dinner,” Spike agreed disappointed that Buffy didn’t want to spend time with him.

“Okay. I guess I’ll just see you tomorrow then,” Buffy replied softly.

She stood there expectantly waiting for a goodnight kiss, but Spike just simply turned and started cleaning up their dinner dishes. Buffy felt hot tears fall down her cheeks. She quickly turned so Spike wouldn’t see her cry and went to her room without another word, shutting the door behind her.

Spike set the dishes in the small sink and dropped his head. The distance that had grown between him and Buffy was killing him. He felt like he was walking on eggshells constantly. He made a point not to be overly affectionate with her out of fear of rejection. She never returned his sentiment whenever he told her he loved her and she never made any advances toward him affectionately. It was like they weren’t even a couple at all.

After cleaning up, Spike stood staring at Buffy’s door. Slowly, he walked over and was about to knock when he heard soft sobs coming from the other side. He let his forehead rest on the door and screwed his eyes shut. Buffy was crying. He wanted to thrash open the door and take her in his arms and tell her he would stay, but he couldn’t do that. Swallowing the knot in his throat, Spike let his own tears fall before he turned away from Buffy’s door and went to his room to fight the sleep he knew would never come.




A/N Okay I know this chap is a bit angsty, but I promise it won't last long, just stick with me here because I promise it will all be worth it! Kuddos!
CH 40 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Thanks to MidnightGirl, spuffette, Cordykitten, seraiza, Brat, lacey, spikesbabi, BuffyandSpikeForever, lindsay, kassie, LittleTigerBaby, Lisa, Kristin, carri, and bluebird for the amazing reviews! You guts kick serious ass! Also thanks to Mac for the amamzing beta job, girl you never cease to amaze me! Smooches! Well enjoy everyone! Disclaimer in full effect!
Buffy rolled over, smacking at the alarm clock on the nightstand. She hadn’t slept a wink, and now she was supposed to go to class all day and do what? Learn? Letting her foul mood get the better of her, Buffy decided she was going to give herself a day off from classes to sit and wallow in her misery. Pulling the covers over her head, she closed her tired eyes and willed herself to sleep.

Spike gave up on sleep and got out of bed. Throwing on a pair of shorts he walked into the living room and frowned when he didn’t hear the shower running. Had Buffy left early today in hopes of avoiding him? Letting out a mournful sigh, Spike went in the bathroom and started his morning routine.

Spike got his books together and was almost out the door before the phone rang. Looking at his watch, he noticed he was running late. Deciding to let the machine get it, Spike walked out the door shutting it behind him.

Buffy began to stir at the sound of the phone. Letting out a groan; she pulled herself out of bed. Who ever was on the phone better have a damn good reason for calling and waking her up. Buffy picked up the phone and grumpily mumbled into the phone, “Hello?”

“Buffy where are you?” Willow asked concerned for her friend.

“Willow I didn’t get any sleep last night so I decided to take the day off,” Buffy explained sounding completely exhausted.

“Well, not exactly the best day to take a mental health day Buffy, did you forget about your final in English?” Willow asked frantically.

“Oh shit!” Buffy yelled as she jumped out of bed shuffling around her room for something to put on.

“Listen, I told professor Greenburg you had a doctors appointment this morning and that you would be a little late so I suggest you get your ass down here fast before he changes his mind about letting you take your test,” Willow informed Buffy.

“Willow, I don’t know how to thank you enough,” Buffy gushed gratefully.

“Yeah, well thank me after you get here and take your test,” Willow replied teasingly.

“I’ll be there in a flash,” Buffy replied hastily. “Oh and thanks again Wills, you’re a God send.”

“Yeah, yeah, just hurry up and get here.”

“Okay bye!” Buffy said quickly before hanging up. Frantically Buffy rushed around her room in an attempt to make herself presentable. Thankfully she had taken a bath the night before so she wasn’t feeling too grungy. Pulling a brush through her hair, Buffy grabbed her tooth brush and brushed her teeth before running out the door.

Buffy ran across campus to her English class barely avoiding passing students. She was just about to her class when she ran smack into what felt like a brick wall. Buffy tumbled backwards and looked up to see Spike staring down at her, confusion clearly written across his face.

“Buffy what are you doing?”

“As much as I would love to stay and chat, I’m late for my final,” Buffy explained dryly as she grabbed her books off the floor.

“Here, let me help you up,” Spike offered, extending his hand out to Buffy.

Buffy hesitantly took Spike’s hand. Once on her feet she offered him a smile. “Well I better get going,” Buffy muttered awkwardly.

“Yeah,” Spike replied solemnly.

“I guess I’ll see you at home then?” he asked hopefully.

“Sure, I’ll see you at home,” Buffy agreed and then hurried off to her class.

Spike stood and watched as Buffy ran down the hall. He needed to do something special for Buffy to make up for the fact he wouldn’t be home with her for the holidays. Spike let a small grin curl at his lips as an idea came to mind. Pulling his cell phone from his pocket he dialed the familiar number. Once the line was answered, he grinned into the phone and asked, “Hey Red, think you can do a huge favor for me?”

Buffy walked out of class and rubbed at her tired eyes. She had managed to get there in just enough time to take her final and turn it in before class was over. She had agreed to meet Willow for coffee to tell her all about what had happened the night before. Buffy really wasn’t in the mood, but she at least owed Willow an explanation as to why she really had been late. Buffy wrapped her arms tightly around her slender frame fighting off the chill and headed to the small coffee shop just off campus.

Willow sat waiting expectantly for Buffy with a huge grin on her face. She had spoken to Spike, and together they had come up with a plan to get things back on track with the two blondes. Willow’s job was to make sure Buffy was home by four o’clock to give her plenty of time to get ready for the romantic night Spike had planned for them.

Spike had made reservations at the Hyatt hotel restaurant for a romantic candle lit dinner for two and then he was going to take Buffy for a walk on the beach. He had wanted to get them a room for the evening, but he didn’t want to be too presumptuous and make Buffy think he was just trying to seduce her into sleeping with him. Willow had squealed giddily at Spike’s plan and assured him that Buffy would be putty in his hands.

Buffy walked into the cozy little coffee shop and went to sit next to Willow on one of the couches. Buffy placed her order with one of the waitresses and then turned to Willow.

“Well I managed to take my exam,” Buffy replied, letting out a sigh of relief.

Willow gave Buffy a self-satisfied smile. “You’re welcome.” Letting her look turn more serious, she asked, “So what happened?”

Buffy gave Willow a crestfallen look as she explained everything. “Well when I got home from shopping everything was great. I took a hot bath, Spike ordered dinner, and everything was perfect until he told me he was going to England for Christmas.” Buffy swallowed the knot that was forming in her throat and continued. “I was so upset that I just told him I was tired and went to bed.” Buffy finished letting her tears fall.

Willow had gotten pretty much the same story from Spike. Not wanting to give away the fact that she had already talked to Spike, Willow gave Buffy’s hand a comforting squeeze.

“Buffy I’m so sorry, I’m sure you guys can work this out,” Willow replied supportively.

Buffy wiped at he eyes. “Thing’s are just so stressed between us Wills. Ever since the night Spike told me he loved me there has been this wedge between us and neither of us knows what to do about it,” Buffy explained mournfully.

“You guys really need to talk things out,” Willow suggested.

“What am I supposed to say, ‘Spike why don’t you ever want to touch me anymore?’ I mean really,” Buffy retorted dryly.

Willow knew now what the real problem was. Buffy felt like Spike didn’t want her like that anymore. Trying to hide her amusement Willow gave Buffy a knowing look.

“Buffy, I think maybe the reason Spike hasn’t been as affectionate with you is because he’s scared you’re gonna turn him away,” Willow suggested.

“Why would he think that?’ Buffy asked incredulously.

“Buffy think about it, Spike majorly screwed up by telling you the one thing that a girl dreams about hearing from the guy she loves when he was drunk. He knows it was wrong, but he’s been trying to make it up to you ever since, and from what you’ve told me, you haven’t exactly reassured him that you feel the same way,” Willow pointed out gently.

Willow was right. Every time Spike told her he loved her she would either change the subject or smile up at him shyly. No damn wonder he’d been so standoffish with her. Buffy put her face in her hands and let out an aggravated groan.

“Oh god, this is all my fault,” Buffy chastised herself.

“Buffy no,” Willow quickly reassured her friend. “This isn’t anyone’s fault in particular. I think you guys have just misunderstood one another, that’s all,” she supplied soothingly.

“Willow why can’t I just tell him I love him?” Buffy asked in almost a whisper.

Willow felt her heart go out to the small blond sitting next to her. “Buffy love’s a funny thing. Sometimes we know in our hearts that we love someone, but our head always seems to get in the way,” she replied knowingly.

Buffy looked up at Willow and offered her a small smile.

“Wills, how did you get to be so damn smart?” Buffy asked teasingly.

“I don’t know, maybe when you decided to be all denial girl about Spike,” Willow joked.

Both girls took one look at the other and burst out laughing. Buffy composed herself and took a cleansing breath. “Wills what am I gonna do?” she asked in a serious tone.

“The only advice I can give would to be completely honest with Spike. If you love him, tell him. Spike already made the first step so now all you have to do is follow,” Willow replied diplomatically.

“Why does that sound so much easier said than done,” Buffy complained.

“Buffy if you want to be with Spike then you need to be honest with him. Stop using lame ass excuses to hide behind how you really feel,” Willow stated matter a factly, giving her friend the resolve face.

Buffy looked at Willow aghast. Her friend had only been this forward with her a few times, and funny enough, it always had to do with Spike. Buffy let a hurt look cross her face.

“Harsh much?” Buffy asked in a sullen voice.

“Sorry, but that seems to be the only way I can get your attention,” Willow replied gently. “Buffy I just don’t want you to miss out on what could be ‘The One’, you know? Spike loves you and I know you love him, so you just need to let it happen and stop hiding behind what ever excuses you can possibly think of to not let Spike in completely.”

Buffy thought about what Willow had said. It was true; she was using excuses to keep her heart protected. Spike loved her and it was about time she let him know in return how much she loved him too. Just because he was going to be gone for the holidays was no excuse to punish him, after all, it was just a day. They could have their own Christmas before he left. Feeling a jolt of excitement run through her, she looked up at Willow with a huge smile on her face.

“Willow, you’re right. I’m gonna tell Spike exactly how I feel,” Buffy boasted proudly.

Willow let a smile grace her pretty face. “Good!” Willow chirped. Looking down at her watch she noticed it was a quarter to four. With covert sneakiness, Willow suggested, “Buffy, I bet Spike’s probably home by now, you should go and talk to him.”

“Yeah, I’ll talk to you later then?” Buffy agreed eager to get home to Spike.

“Sure! Call me with all the juicy details,” Willow replied with a knowing smirk. She had to hold back a giggle at knowing Buffy was going to have more details to dish than she expected.

Buffy grabbed her things and gave Willow a giddy grin. “See ya,” she chirped before bouncing out the door and back to her dorm room.

“See ya,” Willow called back as Buffy walked out the door. With a mischievous grin she said to herself, “Have fun!”
CH 41 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Thanks to Brunettepet, MidnightGirl, LittleTigerBaby, BuffyandSpikeForever, Kristin, spikesbabi, Cordykitten, LiLi, Chelsea, and everyone who has reviewed this fic, y'all are absolutely amazing! As alaways, disclaimer in full effect.
Spike looked at the clock in the library and noted it was after four. Grabbing his cell phone, he called Willow to make sure his plan was in motion.

Willow looked at the caller ID and rolled her eyes exasperatedly. “Hello Spike.”

“Well?” He asked impatiently.

“Well what?” Willow replied as if she had no clue what Spike was talking about.

“Don’t play dumb Red, it doesn’t suite you,” Spike retorted dryly.

“Oh, you mean did Buffy go home?” Willow drawled casually.

“Red, I’m about two seconds from coming over there and snapping your cute little head off your shoulders if you don’t tell me about Buffy,” Spike hissed.

“Alright, alright, keep your panties on,” Willow grumbled. “She left about….oh I don’t know, maybe five, ten minutes ago,” she informed the very impatient bleached blond.

“Do you think she found the note yet?” Spike asked becoming very nervous.

“Well my guess would be-,” Willow was interrupted by a call on the other line. “Spike hold on, I have a beep.” Willow didn’t wait for a response and clicked over to the other call.

“Hello?”

“Alright Wills, what are you and Spike up to?” Buffy asked knowingly.

“Buffy what ever are you talking about,” Willow replied in mock innocence.

“Oh, I don’t know, the fact that I get home to find a note saying to be ready at seven for a romantic evening for two,” Buffy asked accusingly.


“Don’t know what you’re talking about,” Willow replied dumbly. “But if you don’t want to be late you better quit wasting your time on the phone and go get ready,” Willow informed her friend, amusement evident in her voice.

“I’ll deal with you later,” Buffy replied as she hung up the phone to go and get ready for her mystery date.

Willow let out a giggle and clicked back over to Spike.

Spike let out an aggravated sigh and grumbled, “Think you took bloody long enough?”

“Listen Mr. Cranky pants, you better be nice to me or I’m not gonna tell you who I just talked to,” Willow replied indignantly.

Spike quickly back pedaled. “Sorry Red, it’s just I’m so bloody anxious about tonight,” Spike apologized.

Willow took pity on the poor guy and let out a sigh. “Well since you said sorry and all,” Willow relented. “Buffy found your note and your plan should be in full swing.”

“Ah Red, I could kiss you right now,” Spike replied giddily.

“Save the smooches for someone that actually wants them Spike,” Willow teased.

“Well you didn’t complain that one summer,” Spike pointed out jokingly.

Willow thought about the few times she had actually kissed Spike and pulled a face. “Spike that was forever ago and, well, not that mind altering,” Willow confessed.

“Hey!” Spike replied indignantly. “You said I was a good kisser,” he defended.

“Well I didn’t have too much to compare it to at the time,” Willow commented casually.

“I’ll have you know, I’m a damn good kisser, even better than your precious Xander,” Spike retorted huffily.

Willow had to laugh. “Oh poor Spike, can’t take a little constructive criticism,” Willow taunted.

“’M hangin’ up now,” Spike informed her dryly.

“Have fun,” Willow chirped.

“Yeah, thanks Red,” Spike said sarcastically before he hung up. Spike put his phone away and headed over to Angel’s frat house to get ready.

With a frown marring his face, he grumbled under his breath, “Stupid Red, what does she know, I’m a bloody amazing kisser.”

Buffy looked up at the clock and noticed she had only about ten minutes left till Spike would be there. Putting the back on her diamond stud earring, she looked herself over in the mirror.

She had settled on the dress her mother had gotten for her for her father’s Christmas party last year. It was a simple back spaghetti strapped dress that had a swag neck line and plunged low in the back. It hugged her slender curves all the way down to just below her knees. She accessorized her outfit with a pair of strappy black heels that made her legs look like they ran on for miles.

Her hair was done up in an elegant twist with a few wispy hairs left loose to frame her thin face. She had gone heavier with her makeup this evening to bring out her emerald eyes and full plump lips. With a nod of approval, Buffy grabbed her wrap and headed into the living room to nervously wait for Spike.

At exactly seven o’clock there was a soft knock at the door. Buffy got up from the couch and smoothed out her dress before answering the door. When she pulled it open she nearly fell over in shock. Spike was wearing a black tailored suit that hugged every curve and muscle of his exquisite body with a rich burgundy bottom down shirt and a black silk tie. Buffy had never seen a man look as gorgeous as Spike did at that very moment. Buffy let out a breathy sigh. “Spike,” she gushed unable to form a coherent thought.

Spike didn’t hear a word Buffy had said. He was still in a state of awe over how bloody gorgeous Buffy looked. Her hair was pulled up to expose her slender neck and her elegant black dress hugged her body to show off her feminine curves. Spike let his eyes run up and down Buffy’s body hungrily before settling on her eyes.

“Buffy luv, you look amazing,” he gushed huskily. Remembering he had flowers in his hand he held them out to Buffy and smiled shyly. “Here, these are for you.”

Buffy took the offered flowers and brought them to her nose. Inhaling deeply, she closed her eyes and let the fragrance fill her senses.

“Spike these smell absolutely wonderful, what are they?” Buffy asked as she found a vase to put her flowers in.

“'Madame Alfred Carriere'. They’re one of the most fragrant roses,” Spike replied as he walked in the door.

“So tell me, what do I owe the pleasure of a romantic night for two,” Buffy asked as she placed a sweet kiss to Spike’s lips.

“Just something to show you how much I love you,” Spike purred into Buffy’s ear.

Buffy felt a chill of excitement course through her as Spike’s warm cinnamon tinted breath breezed across her neck. Her body physically reacted to the closeness of Spike. It had been just way too long.

Spike felt himself harden as the smell of Buffy’s shampoo and perfume filled his senses. Knowing if they didn’t leave now, he would just ravage her right then and there, he pulled back and looked into Buffy eyes.
“We better get going, we don’t want to miss are reservations,” Spike suggested in a tight voice as he offered Buffy his arm.

Buffy nodded mutely and let Spike lead her out of the apartment. Everyone in the halls stopped to stare at the blond couple as they made their way out of the building and to the parking lot. Buffy couldn’t help but grin at the envious stares the girls from their building shot her direction. Gripping Spike’s arm, Buffy smiled keeping her eyes trained forward.

Spike shot warning glances at any guy who dare to look at Buffy with lustful eyes. Buffy was his and his only. Sure it was a caveman theory, but he wasn’t going to share his girl with anyone.

When they reached the parking lot Buffy frowned and asked, “Spike where’s your car?”

Spike grinned and looked down at Buffy. “Well since I wanted tonight to be extra special I decided it might be better to ride around in this,” He replied gesturing to the midnight blue BMW Z3.

“You rented a car?” Buffy gasped disbelievingly.

“Well not exactly. Talked Angel into letting me barrow his car since he still owed me from his little intrusion,” Spike replied with a grin. Angel had been pretty adamant on telling him ‘no’ about using his car until Spike had threatened to lie and tell Harmony Kendall that Angel was secretly in love with her. For some reason, Angel was quick to hand over the keys after that.

Buffy turned to Spike with a twinkle in her eyes. “This is absolutely amazing Spike, I can’t believe you went to all this trouble.”

Spike kissed the tip of Buffy’s nose. “Nothin’s too good for my girl,” Spike replied with a lopsided grin as he helped Buffy into the fancy sports car.

Spike got in on the driver’s side and started the ignition. With a rev of the engine Spike pulled out of the parking lot and headed for downtown LA.

They rode in comfortable silence for a few minutes before Buffy asked, “So, where are you taking me exactly?”

“It’s a surprise,” Spike replied with a wink.

“You do know I don’t do well with surprises right?”

“Well I promise this one will be one you will thank me for later,” Spike purred as he brought her hand to his lips for a kiss.

Buffy gave Spike a shy smile and settled back in her seat. So far this was turning out to be the night that they had both been hoping for.

Spike pulled into the valet area of the Hyatt Hotel and turned to look at Buffy. Buffy stared at Spike with wide eyes. Spike let out a chuckle.

“I swear, it’s not what you think pet,” He assured her in an amused tone.

Buffy cocked a perfectly sculpted brow at him. “Oh really? You mean this isn’t a hotel,” Buffy asked suspiciously.

“Well, yes, it is a hotel, but that’s not why we’re here, unless…” Spike replied suggestively.

Buffy gave Spike a warning look. Spike let out a laugh and shook his head.

“They have a restaurant here Buffy,” Spike informed her.

Buffy felt a blush tint her cheeks. “Oh! Sorry,” she apologized.

“No worries pet, I can see how you would get that impression,” Spike assured her.

The valet walked up to their car and opened their doors. Buffy was helped out of the car by a nice looking guy who didn’t look much older then her. He smiled brightly at her and winked as he ushered her to the curb. Buffy smiled appreciatively at the nice young man and stood to wait for Spike.

Spike gave the keys to the gentleman who was to park the car and tipped him appropriately. Spike had noticed out of the corner of his eye that the guy who had helped Buffy from the car was blatantly flirting with his girl. Spike walked over to Buffy and slipped a possessive arm around her tiny waist while leveling the valet with a dominant glare.

Buffy looked up at Spike and saw the look in his eyes and just shook her head. Was he actually jealous of the valet guy? For reassurance, Buffy reached up and brushed Spike’s cheek before placing a sweet kiss to his full lips.

Spike looked down at Buffy with loving eyes as he led her into the hotel lobby. Spike took one last glance over his shoulder at the valet and flashed him a victorious grin before walking in the doors with his girl at his side.

Buffy took in the fancy hotel lobby and let out a gasp. She had stayed in nice hotels before, but none as lavish as this one. There where high back leather chairs scattered around the room along with Laura Ashley couches in different patterns and colors to accent the hard wood floors and cream colored walls.

Spike looked over at Buffy and placed a kiss to her temple. “Come on, our reservation is ready,” Spike informed the awe stricken Buffy as he led her to the hotel restaurant.

Spike walked up to the podium and held his head high. “Reservations for Livingston, party of two,” Spike informed the host in an upper class English accent. Buffy just watched in awe as Spike carried himself with such sophistication.

The host looked over his book and then looked up at Spike with a smile. “Of course Mr. Livingston, right this way,” The host replied as he led Buffy and Spike to a secluded table with two candles burning softly in the middle of the table.

Spike pulled out Buffy’s chair and helped her to sit down. Spike took his seat across from Buffy and glanced over the wine list. Spike placed their order with the host and looked up at Buffy with loving eyes. As soon as they were alone Spike asked, “So, still against surprises?”

“Not if they all end up like this,” Buffy replied smiling brightly.

Their waiter for the evening brought the wine and offered them menus. Spike ordered for the both of them and handed the menus back to the waiter.

Buffy looked over at Spike surprised.

“Okay, who are you and what have you done with my boyfriend?” she teased playfully.

“What?” Spike asked grinning.

“Well first you walk in all swagger and confidence, and then you give this upper class accent that has everyone around you feeling inferior, and now with the male dominance,” Buffy pointed out.

“You forget luv, I went to one of London’s finest prep schools, so I have the act down to a ‘T’,” he informed Buffy with a sly grin.

Buffy shook her head disbelievingly. “Well you definitely had me fooled,” Buffy commented.

“You’re not upset are you?” Spike asked insecurely. He wasn’t sure if ordering for Buffy was a bit over the top.

“No, not at all,” Buffy assured him. Then with a cheeky grin, she added, “Actually it was kinda hot,” she admitted.

“Hot huh?” He replied with a sexy smirk.

Buffy looked over at Spike with hooded eyes. “Uh huh,” She replied in a sultry tone.

Spike felt his pants tighten at Buffy’s tone. God she looked sexy sitting there looking at him as if she wanted to just eat him up. Loosening his tie a bit, he warned huskily, “Careful luv, you keep that up and I’m libel to snatch you up from that chair, find the closest dark corner, and shag you right then and there.”

Buffy felt her whole body flush at Spike’s suggestion. She mentally pictured Spike taking her up against the wall and doing all kinds of delicious things to her body. Mouth suddenly gone dry, Buffy picked up her glass of wine and took a greedy sip.

“Easy luv, don’t want you getting’ tipsy,” Spike warned playfully.

Buffy finished half her glass before she put it back down. Looking back up at Spike she saw a mix of emotions swirl in his cerulean eyes. Want, need, desire, but most of all love. Buffy felt her heart swell at the sight of the man before her. She knew what she had to do.

“Spike I want to say I’m sorry for the way I reacted the other night about you going to England. I understand you have to be with your mom,” Buffy apologized.

Spike reached across the table and took Buffy’s small hand in his. “Buffy you have nothing to be sorry about. You were upset and you don’t have to apologize for the way you feel,” Spike assured her.

“But I could have handled it differently. I shouldn’t have just run off to my room without us talking things out. We should never go to bed upset.”

“The important thing is that we’re talking now,” Spike replied softly.

“So we’re okay?” Buffy asked timidly.

“I’d like to think so,” Spike replied hopefully.

Buffy smiled lovingly at Spike. “We’re better than okay, we’re perfect,” She replied with all the emotion she felt.

Spike leaned across the table, pulled Buffy to him and placed a sweet kiss to her lips. Letting his lips linger against hers for a moment, Spike sat back in his chair and looked at Buffy with lust filled eyes.

Buffy let out a shaky breath and met Spike’s gaze. They sat there just staring at one another letting their eyes do all the talking. The waiter brought them their entries and left the couple to enjoy their meal.

Buffy and Spike sat in comfortable silence as they ate dinner. They would occasionally steal a glance of the other and convey what they felt through their eyes. Once dinner was done Spike took care of the bill and helped Buffy from her chair. Buffy stopped Spike before they got to the door and turned him to look in his eyes.

“Spike?” Buffy asked timidly

“Yeah pet?” Spike asked curiously.

“What else did you have planed for tonight?”

“Thought maybe we could drive down to the beach and take a stroll, why do you ask?”

“Then what?” Buffy asked, trying to hint that she didn’t want their romantic night to end.

“Well I figured we would just go home after that,” Spike replied not understanding what Buffy was getting at.

“Oh,” Buffy replied disappointedly.

“Buffy what is it?” Spike asked becoming nervous.

Buffy worried her bottom lip as she replied,” I just thought maybe we could stay out tonight,” there was a hint of insecurity to her voice.

Spike finally got what Buffy was trying to say. “Did you want to get a room tonight?” Spike asked hopefully.

Buffy blushed as she looked away slightly embarrassed. “Well this night has been so great and I just don’t want it to end,” she admitted shyly.

“To be honest I had wanted to rent a room here tonight, but I wasn’t sure you would want that,” Spike admitted sheepishly.

Buffy brushed a hand against Spike’s chiseled cheekbone as she asked, “So is that room still available?”

Spike looked at Buffy with wide eyes, “Buffy are you sure?”

Buffy smiled shyly up at Spike. “I’ve never been more sure of anything in my life.”
CH 42 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Funny how many reviews you get when there's some good old fashioned spuffy lovin' on the brink, LOL! Thanks to LittleTigerBaby, olivia-luv, MidnightGirl, Kristin, spikesbabi, LiLi, Cordykitten, carri, BuffyandSpikeForever, ... (?), Lisa, flibble, Chelsea, Brat, txjmfan, B, jess, and everyone who has taken the time to read/review this fic! Well I think this is what you've all been waiting for, so I won't delay you any further! Kuddos and enjoy! Disclaimer in full effect.
Spike captured Buffy’s full glossy lips in a searing kiss. Everything around them faded away and all that existed was them. Spike broke their kiss looking down at Buffy with lust filled eyes, panting heavily.

“Buffy, you know we don’t have to do this tonight, right?” Spike assured her making sure this was what she really wanted.

“Spike, I’m one-hundred percent sure. This night has made me realize something.”

Spike swallowed hard and looked at Buffy expectantly. “And what might that be luv?” his voice wavered slightly with nerves.

“That I don’t want to waste anymore time with the little steps. I want us to be together completely,” Buffy confessed hoping that Spike would understand what she was trying to say.

Spike grinned like a mad man down at Buffy. “You have no idea how good it feels to hear you say that.”

“Well now that it’s been said, let’s say we go get that room so we can make up for lost time,” Buffy purred seductively.

Spike was surprised to say the least by Buffy’s eagerness. He wasn’t sure if it was the wine talking, but he damn sure wasn’t about to question it. Leading Buffy to a couch in the lobby, he sat her down and flashed her a dead sexy smirk.

“I’ll just be two ticks luv,” Spike said before heading over to the front desk.

Buffy sat anxiously in her seat. Nervousness and excitement were coursing through her every cell. She had only had one night with Spike, and it was under very different circumstances. She watched as Spike talked to the gentleman behind the desk and felt a blush tint her cheeks when said gentleman looked over at her with a knowing look. Looking down and finding her hands suddenly very interesting, Buffy waited anxiously for Spike to come back.

Spike accepted his room key from the desk clerk and gave him an appreciative nod.

The clerk gave Spike a knowing smile and asked, “Would you like us to arrange to have breakfast delivered to your room tomorrow Sir?”

Spike thought about it for a minute before asking, “What time is check out again?”

“Check out is at two.”

“How ‘bout a late brunch, lets say around 11:30,” Spike suggested.

“Very well Sir. On behalf of the Hyatt hotel staff, we hope you have an enjoyable stay,” The clerk commented with a grin.

Spike grinned and walked back over to Buffy. Halfway there he realized something very important. He was ‘unprepared’ for a romantic night with Buffy. Thinking quickly, Spike remembered he was driving Angel’s car. Angel always kept condoms in his glove box. Spike prayed to whom ever was listening that he would have such luck.

Spike stopped in front of Buffy and looked down at her. “Buffy I have to run out to the car real quick and then we can head to our room,” Spike informed her.

Buffy stood up and gave Spike a confused look. “What do you need to go to the car for?”

Spike scratched his head nervously. “Well I didn’t exactly come prepared for tonight, so I’m gonna see if Angel has anything in his car,” Spike admitted sheepishly.

Buffy blushed profusely and nodded her head as she sat back down. Spike leaned over and placed a sweet kiss to her cheek before whispering huskily in her ear. “When I get back, I’m gonna give you a night to remember.”

Buffy closed her eyes and let out a breathy sigh. Her body reacted to Spike’s suggestion and she was more than ready to find out. Composing herself, she breathily demanded, “Hurry.”

Spike didn’t have to be told twice. He was out the door and at the valet station in a flash. Buffy watched and had to giggle at Spike’s eagerness to get her alone. Letting out a shaky breath, Buffy sat and waited for the man she loved to return.

Spike stood and waited impatiently for the valet attendant to return. When the guy finally walked over to him, Spike all but knocked him over.

“Listen mate, I need to get in my car,” Spike explained hastily.

“I’ll need your ticket Sir,” The attendant informed Spike.

Spike dug in his pockets. After what felt like forever, he pulled out his ticket stub and handed it to the attendant. Spike pulled a twenty dollar bill out of his pocket and held it up for the attendant to see.

“If you hurry up, there will be a nice tip involved,” Spike said with a raise of his brow.

The attendant hurried off in the direction of Spike’s car without another word. Once the attendant was out of sight Spike turned and looked in the double doors to see his gorgeous girl sitting waiting for him. His stomach turned on itself in anticipation. If there wasn’t anything in Angel’s glove box then he would bloody well go to the ends of the earth to find some sort of protection.

Spike turned around just in time to see the flashy sports car pull up. Quickly he opened the car door and tore open the glove box. Plundering for a minute, he found what he was looking for. Sending out a silent thanks to the heavens and Angel himself, Spike pocketed the box of condoms in his coat pocket and turned to the attendant in the driver’s seat.

“Thanks mate,” Spike commented gratefully and then tossed him the twenty.

The attendant gave Spike a knowing smirk and nodded gratefully for the tip.

Spike shut the passenger door and watched as the car drove away. Patting his pocket Spike took a deep breath. With a manly swagger, Spike crossed the room and took Buffy’s small hand in his and led her to the elevators for the night both soon would never forget.


When the elevator doors closed Spike was on Buffy in a flash. Skimming his hands up her body he cupped her cheek and plundered her mouth in a ravenous kiss. Buffy instantly melted into Spike’s touch and returned the kiss with equal fervor. Hands roamed wildly over clothed bodies in an attempt to find bare flesh. When the elevator chimed signaling their floor, they pulled away panting heavily.

Spike took Buffy’s hand in his and led her in the direction of their room. Spike attempted working the key card in the door as Buffy nibbled at his neck and ears. Spike closed his eyes and let out a moan.

“Pet if you want me to get this bloody door open you’re gonna have to stop that,” He pleaded half-heartedly.

“Am I distracting you,” Buffy purred in his ear before sucking his sensitive lobe into her mouth.

“Ah fuck,” Spike groaned as Buffy began worrying his earlobe between her teeth. With new determination, Spike made a final attempt on the door and managed to get it open. With a low growl, Spike caught Buffy in his arms and pulled her inside shutting the door behind them.

Buffy let out a small shriek before finding herself pinned against the wall and her mouth captured in a searing kiss. She lifted her arms to wrap around Spike’s neck to play with the curls at the nape off his neck.

Spike abandoned Buffy’s lips and kissed his way down to her neck. He licked and nipped at her tender flesh eliciting soft hisses of pleasure.

“Buffy tell me you want me,” Spike demanded against her throat.

“Ah god Spike, I want you,” Buffy moaned breathily.

Spike kissed his way back to Buffy’s lips and led them to the bed in the center of the room. Once Buffy’s knee’s hit the edge of the bed, Spike broke the kiss and looked deep onto Buffy lust hooded eyes.

“Buffy I love you,” Spike confessed huskily before cupping her cheeks and placing the sweetest of kisses to her kiss swollen lips.

“Make love to me Spike,” Buffy asked in almost a whisper.

Spike felt a knot rise in his throat at Buffy soft request. With a shy grin and a nod, Spike stepped back and took off his coat and tie, laying them in a chair next to the bed. Turning back to Buffy he skimmed his hands up her lean arms leaving goose bumps in his wake. Once he reached her shoulders he took the straps of her dress under his fingers and slid them off her shoulders to let her dress pool on the floor at her feet, never once taking his eyes off hers.


Buffy panted slightly as Spike’s skillful fingers delicately roamed over her body. There was a raging inferno inside her that only Spike could put out. Letting her eyes flutter shut, Buffy let herself simply enjoy Spike’s tender touch.

“Open your eyes,” Spike demanded huskily. He wanted to see the look of desire playing in her emerald orbs.

Buffy forced her eyes open and looked deep into Spike’s. His eyes were almost black with lust.

Spike took a step back so he could take in the gorgeous expanse of Buffy’s body. She was wearing a black strapless bra and matching black thong panties. Spike felt his mouth go dry at the sight before him.

“Buffy you look fucking amazing,” Spike gushed once he found his voice.

Buffy felt the need to cover her scantly clad body, but fought the urge. Tonight wasn’t about being shy and awkward. She wanted to show Spike that she was ready to give herself fully to him and that meant being open with her body.

Buffy reached out her delicate hands and began to work the buttons on Spike’s shirt. Once she had the last button free, she ran her hands up his well toned stomach and chest, basking in the feel as each muscle twitched and rippled under her soft touch.

Spike let out a soft moan as Buffy’s hot little hands skimmed up his chest.

Buffy pushed Spike’s shirt off his broad shoulders to hang at his wrists. Closing the distance between them, she darted her tongue out and flicked his small pebbled nipple.

Spike hissed in pleasure as he cupped Buffy’s tight ass cheek in his hand and kneaded it softly.

Buffy kissed and licked her way up Spike’s chest to his collar bone. Sucking gently she trailed further till she met the tender flesh where his ear and neck met. Tracing lazy circles with her tongue, Buffy began to greedily suck on his neck.
Spike let his head lull to the side to give Buffy more access.

“God Buffy, I want you so fucking bad. The way you’re suckin’ at my neck, make me want to cum right now,” Spike hissed.

Buffy lapped at the now crimson mark on Spike’s neck and purred seductively. “I’m yours for the taking.” She wasn’t sure what had come over her, but she decided by the way Spike’s cock was firmly pressed against her abdomen, it was definitely of the good.

In one swift movement, Spike picked Buffy up, laid her on the bed and was on top of her.

Buffy wiggled beneath Spike, rubbing her sensitive clit against the raging hard on confined in his pants. She let out a hiss of pleasure from the friction of her now wet panties against her hard nubbin.

Spike took the hint and ground his pelvis into Buffy’s as he suckled at her bra covered breast. Needing more, Spike expertly unclasped the clip on the front of Buffy’s bra, freeing her small supple breasts. Spike suckled greedily on one of Buffy golden globes as he kneaded the other with his hand.

Buffy arched up off the bed and held Spike’s head firmly to her chest as she mewled in pleasure. Buffy was sure that she could cum from just this alone.

Spike turned his attention to her other aching breast showing it the same attention as he had the first. As Buffy gasped and moaned his cock got even harder, almost to the point of painful, but he wasn’t even close to being done with his worship of Buffy’s body.


As Spike abandoned her breasts, Buffy let out a moan in protest. Spike smiled against her skin as he slowly descended her body, leaving a trail of wet kisses. Once he reached the edge of her panties, he hooked his fingers under the silk material and brought them achingly slow down her slender legs. Tossing them to the side, he turned his attention to Buffy’s neatly shaven mound.

Buffy felt her whole body go ablaze at Spike’s intense gaze. Spike was the only man that knew her so intimately. Letting her desire take over she gasped, “Spike, please, I need you.”


Spike knew exactly what Buffy needed. Spreading her thighs, Spike leaned in and flicked his tongue over her sensitive bundle of nerves.

Buffy clamped her eyes shut and arched her hips off the bed as she let out a breathy gasp.

Spike settled himself between Buffy thighs, placed her legs over his shoulders, and held her by her hips as he delved into her hot core, lapping at her like a starved man.

Buffy cried out as Spike used his expert tongue to devour her. She had never had anything this exquisite done to her before. Spike had ruined her for any other man.

“You taste so good, like milk and honey,” Spike gushed before slipping his tongue in her slit and lapping at her feminine walls.

Buffy bucked her hips as stars exploded behind her eyes. Wave upon wave of pure ecstasy coursed through her body as a mind blowing orgasm claimed her.

“Ahhhhhh, Spike yes, oh God yes!!!!” Buffy screamed as she thrashed her head about wildly.

Spike continued to tongue fuck her until her body shook uncontrollably.

When the sensations became just too much, Buffy pulled on Spike’s hair gesturing she couldn’t take it anymore.

Spike lapped up the last of Buffy’s sweet juices and crawled up Buffy’s limp body. He looked down into Buffy’s hooded eyes and asked, “So kitten, did you enjoy that?”

Buffy pulled Spike down for a passionate kiss in response, tasting herself on his tongue. When air became an issue, Buffy broke the kiss panting heavily.

“Spike, that was …. Well that was just wow,” Buffy confessed dazedly.

“Well if you thought that was good…” he trailed off with a smirk.

Buffy let out a soft giggle. Spike let out a low growl as he nuzzled the side of Buffy’s neck.

“Not nice to laugh at a bloke when he’s tryin’ to be all seductive luv.”

Buffy jutted out her lip in a pout. “I’m sorry,” she cooed.

That was it, Spike couldn’t take it any more, he had to have the beauty that was sharing a bed with him. Careful not to fall, Spike removed his pants and reached over to his coat pulling out a condom from his pocket. Quickly he tore open the package and placed the wrapper on the night stand. Sitting back on his haunches, he rolled the latex over his hard prick and then settled himself between Buffy’s open thighs.

“Sorry if this is a mood killer, but better safe than sorry,” Spike said softly.

Buffy cupped Spike’s cheeks and replied. “Nothing could ruin this moment.”

Spike looked deep in Buffy’s eyes and teased her slick entrance with the head of his hard cock.

Buffy felt a flood of moisture run down her thigh. She wanted Spike and she wanted him now. Closing her eyes she begged,” Please Spike, I need you inside me.”

Spike could feel that Buffy was slick and ready for him. Unable to resist anymore, he slowly slid into her dripping core inch by agonizing inch. Buffy hissed in pleasure as Spike slowly stretched her tight passage.

Once fully sheathed in Buffy tight channel, Spike stilled his movements to let her adjust to his size. She had only had sex that one time so he knew he still needed to be gentle as not to hurt her. When Buffy started lifting her hips, Spike took that as the signal that she was ready for him.

When Spike starting to move with in her, Buffy felt a delicious ache begin to build slowly in her womb. Wrapping her legs around Spike’s slender hips, she met his thrusts and clinched her inner muscles with each plunge, gripping his cock deliciously.

Spike captured Buffy’s lips and let his tongue dance lazily with hers as he continued to pump inside of her in a steady rhythm.


Buffy tore her mouth from Spike’s and mewled in pleasure. The ache that was building in her womb was on the brink of exploding.

“Ahhhhh Spike,” Buffy cried out.

“Tell me how good it feels,” Spike purred in Buffy’s ear.

“God so good, oh so good,” Buffy moaned in response.

“God luv, your so tight, feels like my cock is on fire,” Spike grunted as he thrust deeper and harder into her.

When Spike picked up the pace, it sent Buffy over the edge. Digging her nails in Spike’s back she clamped her inner muscles down on his cock and cried out in pleasure.

“OHHHHH YES!! AHHHH SPIKE, YESSSS…..I LOVE YOU, OH GOD I LOVE YOU,” she confessed as her orgasm shook her to the core.

Buffy’s passion filled confession sent Spike over the edge. Plunging deep into her depths, Spike roared out his release.

“GRAHHHHH! FUCK BUFFY, LOVE YOU SO MUCH!”

As soon as he spilled every last drop of his seed, he rolled to the side to lay flat on his back. Removing the used condom, Spike set it on the floor next to the bed and rolled over to face Buffy.

Buffy panted heavily as she came down from her orgasmic high. When her mind cleared, Buffy came to the shocking realization that she had just told Spike she loved him. Buffy just laid there with her eyes closed, wondering what to say next.

“Buffy look at me,” Spike asked gently.

Buffy rolled over on her side to look into the bluest eyes she had ever seen in her life. Spike was about to say something but Buffy placed a finger to his lips to silence him.

“Spike before you say anything, I have something I need to say first.” When he nodded in agreement, Buffy took a deep breath and looked right in Spike’s eyes.

“Even though that wasn’t how I imagined saying it, I meant every word.” She smiled as she repeated Spike’s same words from when he had apologized for his sudden confession. “I love you William,” she confessed all playfulness gone from her tone.

Spike felt his own tears sting his eyes. The woman he loved had finally told him she loved him. Pulling Buffy to him he cupped her cheek and looked lovingly into her glassy green eyes.

“Say it again Buffy,” Spike requested with a huge smile on his face.

Buffy let her forehead rest against Spike’s. “I love you.”

“Again.”

“I love you.”

“Again.”

“I love you,” Buffy giggled

“Again,” Spike purred as he nuzzled Buffy’s neck.

“Spike you’re gonna get sick of hearing me say it if you’re not careful,” Buffy warned playfully.

Spike rolled them so Buffy was beneath him. “I’ll never tire of hearing you tell me that you love me, not ever,” he confessed lovingly.

Buffy smiled up at Spike. “So was this a night you’ll never forget?” she asked softly.

Spike stroked her cheek softly. “Not as long as I live,” He confessed.

Buffy pulled Spike down in a passionate kiss. Spike rolled them to their sides and let his tongue battle lazily with Buffy’s. They lay there exchanging soft touches and confessions of love till sleep threatened to consume them both.

Laying flat on his back, Spike pulled Buffy to him and urged Buffy to rest her cheek against his chest. Stroking her hair softly Spike let out a content sigh.

“Do you have any idea how much I love you?” Spike asked huskily

“About as half as much as I love you,” Buffy replied lazily.

“Not even possible luv,” Spike purred as he kissed the top of her head.

Buffy smiled against Spike’s strong chest just listening to his heart beat, letting the steady sound lull her to sleep.

Spike continued to stroke Buffy’s pinned up hair as he closed his eyes and murmured, “I love you Buffy.”

In a sleep filled voice, Buffy replied softly, “I love you too.”
CH 43 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Thanks to spufette, spikesbabi, Debbie, jennybean, Kalypteina, Chelsea, MidnightGirl, LiLi, Cordykitten, txjmfan, Lisa, mer, lindsay, Jess, LittleTigerbaby, and BuffyandSpikeFprever for the lovely reviews, y'all are amazing. I hope you guys enjoy! Disclaimer in full effect. Kuddos!
Buffy stretched her body out leisurely, feeling the delicious ache that could only have resulted from spending the night making love. Rolling over she watched as Spike lay on his stomach fast asleep, sunlight filtering through the curtains reflecting on his well toned back. Propping her head on her elbow, she reached out a hand to let her fingers trace over his firm muscles causing them to twitch under her gentle touch.

Spike cracked an eye and looked up at Buffy with a sleepy grin on his face.

“Morning luv,” he greeted sleepily.

“Morning,” Buffy greeted in return as she continued to draw lazy patterns on his back.

In one swift move, Spike rolled over and pulled Buffy on top of him. Running his fingers through her golden hair, he gazed up at her adoringly.

How was it that he was so lucky to have a golden Goddess like Buffy in his arms?

Buffy lowered her head and placed a sweet kiss to Spike’s full lips. “Did I mention how amazing last night was,” she asked in a dazed voice.

Spike rolled them so he was on top of Buffy. “Maybe once or twice, but by all means, do tell again,” he purred as he nipped playfully at the spot behind her ear.

Buffy mewled delightfully at Spike’s ministrations. “Mmmm, feels good,” she moaned and craned her neck further to the side, egging him on.

Spike slowly descended Buffy’s naked body, lavishing every inch of her firm skin. Once Spike got to her flat stomach he let his tongue dip in the hollow of her belly button.

Buffy arched off the bed and let out a soft moan. Tangling her fingers through Spike’s soft curls, she began to pant heavily.

“Ah Spike, please,” she begged.

“Please what?” her purred nipping at the tender flesh of her stomach.

“Ah, please don’t stop there,” she moaned her request.


Spike wanted to hear her say it; he wanted to hear Buffy say that she wanted him to eat her until she begged him to stop. Spreading her thighs, Spike teased her nether lips, avoiding her now engorged clit. In a low rumble he demanded, “Tell me what you want.”

Buffy couldn’t take it anymore. Throwing all her inhibitions to the wind, she gasped out, “God Spike, I want you to eat my pussy.”

Spike felt his already hard cock twitch at Buffy’s erotic request. Spike had had a lot of experience in the bedroom department, but never had a woman asking him to give her oral pleasure turn him on the way it did just now. Letting a low growl reverberate from his chest, he delved into Buffy’s already wet core.

Buffy bucked her hips and grabbed the back of Spike’s head, kneading at his scalp. She lashed her head back and forth as wave after wave of pure ecstasy flowed through her every cell.

“Spike…..ah God yes….please don’t stop, ah, please don’t stop,” Buffy gasped as Spike ate at her hungrily.
Spike slipped two fingers inside Buffy’s wet channel and pumped them at a steady pace as he latched onto her clit, flicking it with his tongue at a rapid pace. He could feel Buffy’s inner muscles begin to flutter around his slender digits and picked up the pace of his thrusts, pushing her over the edge.

Buffy saw stars crash behind her shut eyes as an earth shattering orgasm consumed her body. With a strangled cry she screamed out her release as her body shook violently.

“AHHHH, SPIKE, YES, YES, OH DEAR GOD YESSSSSSS!!!!!!”

Spike removed his fingers and used his tongue to lap up the last of Buffy’s sweet nectar. Once her body stopped convulsing, Spike crawled up her limp body to rest next to her at the head of the bed.

Buffy let out a satisfied sigh and turned to look at Spike with hooded eyes. “Mmmm, that was nice,” she purred snuggling against Spike’s chest.

“Glad you liked it,” Spike replied with manly pride. He liked the fact that his woman was well satisfied.

Buffy looked up at Spike with a mischievous smile. “Now what about you?” she asked as she slowly began to kiss down Spike’s rock hard abs.

Spike let his eyes flutter shut and let out an audible moan.

Buffy stopped at the tip of Spike’s raging erection and looked up at him through hooded lashes. When Spike looked down at her, she flicked the tip of his head with her tongue and purred, “Tell me what you want.”

Spike panted heavily as he stared down at the goddess between his legs. In a raspy voice he begged,” Ah Buffy, put my cock in your hot little mouth.”

Buffy felt a sense of feminine pride wash over her knowing that she had Spike so wanton. At an achingly slow pace, she engulfed Spike’s hard prick into the inferno of her mouth.

Spike hissed in pleasure as Buffy took him in and began to expertly bob up and down. God help him if he wasn’t ready to shoot off in her mouth right then and there as he watched the whole erotic show.
Buffy pulled up almost allowing Spike to slip from her mouth before plunging back down, deep throating him to the hilt.

Spike entangled his fingers through Buffy hair pulling slightly at her blond tresses.

“Ah Buffy luv….so hot…..bloody hell…. gonna cum…..ah, soon,” Spike rasped out as he fused his eyes shut.

Buffy took one hand around Spike’s shaft and pumped as she sucked greedily and used the other to fondle his sac gently to push him over the edge.

With a roar, Spike shot spurt after spurt of hot spunk into Buffy’s willing mouth.

“ARGHHHH…….LUV, SO GOOD….AHHHH!!!!”

Buffy licked Spike’s cock clean and swallowed down ever drop of his seed. With a kiss to his prick head, Buffy came to lie next to him.

Spike rolled on his side and pulled Buffy to him, crushing her mouth in a fiery kiss. Buffy threw her leg over Spike’s hip and pulled him to her so his body was flush against hers. When she felt his cock begin to harden against her stomach, she pulled back and looked at Spike with surprised eyes.

“Already!” she asked disbelievingly.

Spike gave her a sexy grin. “What can I say luv, you always have me ready to go,” he purred as he leaned in and suckled at her neck greedily.

“Ah Spike….I don’t….oh god that feels good…..think, Mmmm…we have anything,” she rambled senselessly.

Spike reached over to the night stand and grabbed the last condom they had and held it up with a wicked grin on his face. Buffy let out a giggle and rolled them so she was on top. Grabbing the condom from Spike’s hand, she tore open the package and tossed the empty wrapper on the floor with the rest of the abandoned wrappers.

Spike let out a soft groan as Buffy’s small hands rolled the latex over his fully hard cock.

Buffy gave Spike a sexy grin before she impaled herself onto his huge member and began to slowly rock them both into pure ecstasy.


Falling onto Spike’s sweat drenched chest, Buffy let out a post orgasmic sigh.

Spike ran his fingers through Buffy hair and drawled lazily, “I have to say luv, you takin’ control, very sexy.”

Buffy rested her chin on Spike’s chest and smiled lazily. “Well I guess I’ll have to take charge more often,” she replied suggestively.

Spike felt his cock begin to spring to life at Buffy’s suggestion. It amazed him that all Buffy had to do was talk about sex and he was hard instantly.

When Buffy felt Spike’s cock stir within her, she stared at him wide eyed. “Spike that can’t be normal,” she teased.

Spike lifted Buffy so that his semi hard member slid from her wet core. Removing the used condom, he got up from the bed and leisurely walked into the bathroom.

Buffy watched as Spike walked across the room in all his naked glory. She had to admit, his body was a work of art. There wasn’t one thing about it that wasn’t beautiful.

Once Spike was out of sight, Buffy sat up and smoothed out her bed tousled hair. Glancing at the clock, she noticed it was after ten. Using the sheet to wrap around her body, she grabbed her purse from the dresser and pulled out her cell phone. Opening it, she saw there were four missed calls and three messages. She quickly tucked her phone back in her purse when she felt two strong arms wrap around her waist.

“No cell phones just yet,” Spike murmured in her ear as he nuzzled her neck.

Buffy turned in Spike’s arms and placed a sweet kiss to his lips. “I was just checking, but I’ll wait until later to return the calls,” she replied as she reached down and gave Spike’s butt an affectionate squeeze.

Spike let a low growl rumble from his chest as he greedily began to suck at Buffy’s neck.

Buffy quickly pulled away and pointed an accusatory finger at him. “Oh no you don’t mister. Last time you did that, I had to wear turtle necks for a week,” Buffy pointed out in a warning tone.

Spike looked at her with a raised brow. “Well I thought it would only be fittin’ seein’ how I’m sportin’ a big ol’ nasty one m’self,” Spike replied.

Buffy turned Spike’s head to get a good look at his neck. When she saw a huge dark purple hickey on his neck, she winced. “Sorry, I guess I don’t know my own strength,” she apologized.

Spike shrugged his shoulders. “No worries, just have to wear collared shirts till it fades a bit,” he replied casually.

Buffy placed a quick kiss to Spike’s lips before heading in the direction of the bathroom. Spike was hot on her trail, but was stopped by a small hand on his chest.

“Spike you know that if you get in this shower with me that there will be no bathing going on,” Buffy pointed out.

Spike jutted out his lip in a pout. “Please,” he all but begged.

“Sorry Spike, besides we don’t have any you-know-what’s left,” Buffy pointed out as she placed a quick kiss to his lips and shut the bathroom door.

Spike stared at the shut door and let out an aggravated huff. “Fine, but as soon as we get home, I’m gonna make sure we christen our shower right and proper,” he yelled through the door resolutely.

Buffy let out a laugh and started her shower. “Sure thing Spike,” she called back in an amused tone.

Spike stomped back to the bed like a sullen child and flopped down. Yeah he was gonna thank Angel for having condoms in the glove box, but he was definitely gonna have words with him about how many there were.

Closing his eyes he let his mind go over the night before. He couldn’t have asked for more. Buffy had told him that she loved him and he had had the greatest sex of his life. Yeah, life was good. Letting a smile cross his face, he let out a content sigh. Spike was about to doze off when his cell phone rang.

Grabbing his pants from the floor he pulled out his phone and glanced at the caller ID. Seeing Angel’s name pop across the screen, he realized he never called Angel to tell him he was keeping the car for the night. Hesitantly, Spike pushed send and prepared himself for the inevitable tongue lashing.

“’Ello?” he greeted timidly.

“Spike where the fuck is my car?!” Angel barked into the phone in response.

“Right, about that, well you see Buffy and I decided to stay out last night,” Spike explained calmly.

“What do you mean stay out? Spike did you leave my car on the street somewhere all night?” Angel hissed through clenched teeth.

Spike rolled his eyes. “Don’t go getting’ your knickers in a twist, your bloody car is fine. We stayed here at the Hyatt last night,” Spike explained exasperatedly.

Letting some of his anger go, Angel asked,” Well why the hell didn’t you call and tell me?”

“Well hate to tell ya mate, but I had other things on m’mind last night,” Spike explained dryly.

“Well just get me the keys as soon as you get back,” Angel grumbled.

“Thanks mate, I owe you one. Oh, and I owe you a box, or should I say a half box of condoms too,” Spike replied.

“What? You used all my condoms in the glove box?” Angel asked indignantly.

“What? Not like there were that many to begin with,” Spike defended.

“Just get me the damn keys when you get home alright,” Angel retorted exasperatedly.

“Will do mate, and thanks again for lendin’ us your car,” Spike replied gratefully.

“Yeah, yeah, but this means we’re even now.” Angel pointed out resolutely.

“Yeah, we’re even,” Spike agreed. “Listen Buffy’s getting’ out the shower, so I got to go.”

“Alright, later man.” Angel replied before hanging up.

Spike flipped his phone shut and sat on the edge of the bed waiting for Buffy to come out of the bathroom.

Buffy walked out of the bathroom wearing a hotel robe and her hair twisted up in a towel on top of her head. Feeling completely relaxed, she walked over and sat next to Spike on the bed.

“You can get a shower now if you want,” Buffy commented as she pulled her hair free and rubbed at her wet hair.

“Yeah I think I will,” Spike agreed. “They should be bringing up brunch in a minute, so by the time I get out, food should be here,” he informed Buffy as he got up from the bed and walked over to the bathroom.

Buffy watched Spike as he walked over to the bathroom and couldn’t help but let her eyes wander over his naked form. When she settled on his eyes she knew she had been caught by the smirk that adorned Spike’s gorgeous face.

“See something you like pet?” he asked in a husky voice.

Buffy blushed and gave him a sheepish smile. “Caught me did you?”

Spike couldn’t help but find her adorable. After all the things they had done, she still blushed like the Virgin Mary herself. With a soft chuckle, he replied. “No need to be modest luv, you have actually seen me naked before,” he pointed out.

“You know you’re the only person I know who is so open about his nudity, it’s almost kinda scary,” Buffy commented playfully.

“Well when you look this good, there’s no need in hidin’ it,” Spike retorted cockily

Buffy rolled her eyes and pointed in the direction of the bathroom. “Just go and get in the damn shower already.”

“As you wish,” Spike relented and closed the door behind him.

Buffy stood up and started picking up their clothes off the floor. When she turned back and looked at the disheveled bed, she couldn’t help but smile. Last night had been the most amazing night of her life. Spike had made her feel things no man had ever made her feel before.

Throwing the used condoms wrappers in the garbage, Buffy stared at them for a moment thinking to herself that hopefully they weren’t a complete waste.
CH 44 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Thanks to MidnightGirl, spuffette, spikesbabi, Brat, Cordykitten, lindsay, Lisa, LiLi, txjmfan, flibble, carri, BuffyandSpikeForever, and Kristin for the lovely reviews! Sorry it took me so long to post today, but my internet was down, AGAIN! But better late than never, right? Enjoy! Disclaimer in full efect. Kuddos!
Buffy and Spike had shared a wonderful brunch on the balcony of their hotel room and were now on their way home. They rode in comfortable silence until Spike asked, “So kitten, when would you like to have our Christmas?”


Buffy turned to Spike with a sad look in her eyes as she asked, “When do you leave again?”

“In three days,” he replied quietly. He felt horrible for bringing up the fact that he was leaving after their amazing night together, but it was something that had to be brought up some time.

Buffy thought for a minute before suggesting, “Well I guess we could do it the night before you leave if you don’t have any other plans.” Her voice was tight with unshed tears.

Spike reached over and took Buffy’s hand in his, bringing it to his lips for a kiss. “Luv, please don’t be upset with me. You have to know how hard this is for me.”

Buffy let out a ragged breath and gave Spike a forced smile. “I know, it’s just that we’ve just gotten to this really great place in our relationship and now you have to up and leave for two whole weeks,” Buffy explained mournfully.

Spike looked over at Buffy and flashed her a warm smile. “I promise nothing will change while I’m gone,” he assured her. “As soon as I get back we’ll pick up exactly where we left off.”

“Promise?” she asked with big doe eyes.

Spike let out a soft groan. Bloody hell. The way she was looking at him made him want to pull the car over and just shag her senseless. With a soft groan, he choked out, “Do you have any idea what you do to me pet?”


Buffy batted her big eyes at him and asked in an innocent voice, “Whatever do you mean Spike?”

“Bloody that right there,” he accused. “Lookin’ at me with those big eyes and using that tone, I swear it’s gonna be the bloody death of me.”

Buffy had to laugh. Using her finger, she trailed up and down his thigh lazily. “What’s the matter Spikey, does little ol’ me have you all flustered,” she teased playfully.


Spike clinched his jaw and inhaled deeply. Buffy was driving him absolutely insane. He was sporting a hard on that could drive a nail through a brick wall. Letting a warning growl reverberate from his chest he looked over at Buffy with lust filled eyes.

“Buffy if you don’t stop, I’m gonna pull this car over and show you just how ‘flustered’ I am,” he warned huskily.

Buffy felt her body flush at Spike’s suggestion. God what was wrong with her? Since she had slept with Spike, she had turned into a little lust puppy. Taking a ragged breath, she looked deep in Spike’s eyes with unadulterated desire.

Spike took one look at Buffy and about came unglued. Throwing the flashy sports car into sixth gear, Spike hit the gas and speed the rest of the way home.


When Spike and Buffy pulled into the campus parking lot they both jumped out of the car and practically ran into their building. Spike knew he was supposed to go straight to Angel’s and return his car, but fuck that, Angel could wait.

Buffy had her keys out of her purse before Spike could even reach for his coat pocket. Quickly opening the door, Buffy grabbed Spike by his loose knot tie and yanked him in the door and shutting it behind them.

Spike crushed Buffy’s lips in a demanding kiss as he worked on getting her dress off. Spike slowly led them in the direction of his room almost tripping over the discarded material, never once breaking their kiss.

Buffy pulled Spike’s tie loose from his neck and began to work the buttons of his dress shirt. Just before they were in Spike’s doorway Buffy pulled away panting heavily.

“Spike wait,” she gasped between breaths.

“What’s wrong?” he asked thoroughly confused.

“The door, it’s not locked,” Buffy pointed out.

Spike remembered the last fiasco and quickly went and locked the door. Turing back to Buffy, he gave her a lust filled look and was on her in a flash, lifting her to wrap her legs around his waist.

Buffy ran her fingers through Spike’s soft curls as she plundered his mouth with dominance.

Spike felt the edge of the bed with his knees and gently laid Buffy on the bed. Breaking the kiss, Spike de-vested himself of the rest of his clothes. Turning his attention to Buffy, he lifted her further up on the bed and let his skilled hands skim down her body.

Buffy felt like her skin was on fire. Everywhere Spike’s fingers touched was set ablaze. She felt like she might explode if he didn’t do something soon.

Spike could see that Buffy wanted him, and now. Unclasping her bra, he tossed it to the floor and leaned over to flick her hardened nipple with the tip of his tongue.

Buffy arched off the bed and hissed in pleasure. Grabbing the back of Spike’s head, she pulled him down to her aching breast.

Spike felt his already hard cock twitch at Buffy’s eagerness. Taking her supple breast in his mouth, he began to suckle greedily as he used his free hand to remove her panties.

Buffy lifted her bottom off the bed to help Spike. Due to his ministrations, he could only get them to her knees, so Buffy wiggled the rest of the way out of them and kicked them aimlessly to the floor.

When Spike was sure Buffy was free of her skimpy panties, he parted her thighs sliding two fingers into her hot core and began to pump them at a slow pace.

Buffy tore Spike’s mouth from her breast and pulled him up so she could capture his mouth in a kiss.

The more Spike plunged his fingers into her dripping core, the deeper the kiss became. Turning his fingers in a come hither motion, he found her g-spot and began to stroke it in a rapid rhythm, pushing Buffy over the edge.

Spike swallowed Buffy’s cries of ecstasy and removed his soaked digits from her slit. Tearing his lips from Buffy’s he panted heavily as he gazed down at the sated woman beneath him.

“Spike I want you,” Buffy pleaded in a breathy voice.

Not wanting to deny his girl anything, he reached over in his night stand and pulled out the box of condoms and quickly tore open the box. Freeing a single packet, he opened it and removed the latex, throwing the wrapper to the floor.

Once his rock hard member was completely sheathed he nestled between Buffy’s thighs and positioned himself at her entrance. With just the head of his cock inside her, he stopped and looked lovingly in her eyes.

“I love you,” he rasped out as he tucked a stray hair behind her ear.

Buffy reached up to cup Spike’s cheek. “I love you too,” she replied in a tight voice. She could see the love swimming in Spike’s eyes and it was enough to bring her to tears.

Capturing Buffy’s lips in a tender kiss, Spike plunged into her depths, filling her completely.

They both broke away and let out a gasp at the sensation of how wonderful the other felt. Without another word, they began to rock their hips in a slow rhythm, taking their time and doing everything they could to draw out the moment that was slowly consuming them.

Time stood still as Buffy felt herself being swept away. When the slow ache that was stirring in her womb began to threaten to consume her, she buried her head in the crock of Spike’s neck and dug her fingers into his shoulder.

“Ah Spike….so close, ah…..right there,” she panted heavily.

“Just let it go,” Spike coaxed as he began to thrust faster, feeling his own release approaching quickly.

Buffy clenched her inner muscles and arched off the bed letting out a soft cry as her orgasm shook her to her very core.

As soon as Spike was sure Buffy was fully satisfied, he tucked his head down and let his seed spill.

“Ah pet, so good, so….bloody…good!” he all but whimpered as he collapsed lifelessly on top of Buffy.

Buffy wrapped her arms around Spike and stroked his damp hair. “Mmmm, love you,” she murmured lazily.

Spike rolled over and let out a content sigh. “Love you too,” he drawled out in post orgasmic bliss.

Buffy rested a cheek on Spike’s chest and began drawing lazy patterns with her finger tip. “So this is what it feels like to be in love.”

Spike wrapped an arm around her and gave her an affectionate squeeze. “I think so,” he agreed, placing a kiss to the top of her head.

Buffy let out a yawn and looked up at Spike. “Nap time,” she demanded sleepily.

“Well as enticing as that sounds right now, I have to get Angel his keys or else you’ll be shy a boyfriend,” Spike pointed out.

“Do you have to go now?” Buffy pouted.

“’Fraid so kitten,” Spike replied placing a quick kiss to her lips before rolling out of bed.

Buffy watched Spike as he sauntered across the room over to his dresser, pulling out a clean t-shirt and a pair of beat up blue jeans. Sitting up in bed, she pulled the sheet up to cover her naked body.

“How long do you think you’ll be?” she asked curiously.

“Shouldn’t take too long, just gonna drop off his keys, why?”

“Well maybe we could go and get something to eat when you get back,” Buffy suggested.

Spike let a smirk curl at his lips. “Work up an appetite did ya?”

“Spike!” Buffy exclaimed indignantly.

“Well we just ate a little bit ago and now you’re talkin’ about goin’ and getting’ somthin’ else to eat,” Spike defended.

Buffy raised a brow at Spike. “You do realize it’s almost two o’clock right.”

Spike looked over at the clock. “Shit! Angel’s gonna kick my ass!” he yelped.

Giving Buffy a quick kiss he hurried out the door yelling behind him, “If you get dressed while I’m gone, I’ll take you to get a bite to eat when I get back.”

Buffy shook her head and let out a giggle. Grabbing one of Spike’s shirts she slipped it on and brought the collar to her nose, inhaling deeply. It smelled like Spike’s cologne and a hint of cigarette smoke. With a giddy grin, she went to her room to get ready.

Spike walked in the frat house and went straight to Angel’s room. Hesitantly knocking on the door, he waited for Angel to answer.

Angel got up from his chair and opened the door. Letting a menacing look cross his features, he glared at Spike. “Where the fuck have you been?!” he hissed through clinched teeth.

“Listen, I was gonna bring you the keys as soon as we got home, but I got a little distracted,” Spike explained holding the keys out to Angel.

Angel snatched the keys from Spike’s hand. He knew exactly why Spike was late bringing back his keys. With an exasperated sigh, Angel motioned for Spike to come in and took his seat back in front of the TV.

Spike walked in and shut the door behind him. “Listen, I really do appreciate you lettin’ me barrow your car last night.”

“Yeah, well don’t think it’s gonna happen again,” Angel replied huffily.

“You act like I didn’t leave you a car.”

Angel shot Spike a look and let out a snort. “Like I’d ever drive your piece of shit.”

“Hey now,” Spike warned.

Angel got up from his chair and walked over to the mini fridge and pulled out a beer. Turning to Spike, he asked, “Want one?”

“Nah, I gotta get back. Buffy’s waitin’ for me back at the room to take her to get somethin’ to eat,” Spike explained.

Taking a long sip of his beer, Angel gave Spike a knowing look as he shook his head. “Look at you Will, already pussy whipped.”

Spike shook his head and turned to leave. Just as he was at the door he turned back at Angel and gave him a shit eating grin. “Well at least I’m getting’ some.”

Angel grabbed Spike’s keys off the dresser and chunked them at Spike’s head. “Get the fuck out of here,” he warned playfully.

Spike let out a laugh as he dodged the keys flying at his head. Picking up his keys, he threw Angel a quick nod and shut the door behind him.


Buffy rummaged through her closet for something to wear. After pulling almost everything she owned out, she settled on her favorite pair of black yoga pants and a plain white tank top.

Running a brush through her hair, she walked in the bathroom to put on some light make up. Hearing the front door, Buffy poked her head out and smiled.

“That was fast,” Buffy commented before ducking her head back in the bathroom.

Spike walked in the bathroom and sat on the closed toilet seat and watched as Buffy applied her make up.

“What are you doing?” he asked pulling a face.

“Curling my eyelashes,” she explained turning to look at Spike.

Spike winced and let a shiver run through him. “God, how can you do that? Makes m’eyes hurt just watchin’ you,” he commented as he plundered curiously through her makeup bag.

Buffy couldn’t help but laugh. God men could be such babies. Babies. That thought caused Buffy to sober instantly. I guess that was a milestone they still had to face.

Spike noticed Buffy’s sudden mood change and wrinkled his brow. “Buffy what’s wrong,” he asked somewhat confused.

Buffy quickly plastered a smile on her face and turned to Spike. “Nothing,” she covered quickly.

Spike could tell something was bothering her, but wasn’t exactly sure what. Making sure everything was really alright, he asked, “Are you sure?”

“I’m fine,” she assured him.

Spike didn’t believe her for a second, but he didn’t want to start an argument with her. Letting the subject drop, he asked, “What is all this crap?” holding up Buffy’s makeup bag.

Buffy noticed the makeup bag in Spike’s hand and gave him a grin.

“Stuff to make me pretty.”

Spike set the bag on the counter and stood up from his seat. Wrapping his arms around Buffy from behind, he rested his chin on her shoulder.

“You don’t need any of that, you’re bloody gorgeous just the way you are.”

Buffy looked at Spike in the mirror and raised a brow at him. “You have seen me without makeup right?” she asked dryly.

“Yes and I don’t think you need it, and my opinion is the only one that counts,” Spike stated matter of factly.

Buffy rolled her eyes at him playfully. “Well that’s all fine and good, but I really don’t want to scare anyone, so the makeup stays,” She replied putting the finishing touches on her makeup.

Spike just stared at Buffy as she expertly applied her eye shadow and mascara. Did girls have a special school where they learned all this crap? If you asked him, it all just seemed like a big waste of time, but because it was Buffy, it was the most bloody interesting thing he had ever seen.

Buffy put all her things away and looked up to find Spike staring at her. “What?” she asked with a grin.

“Nothin’,” he replied with a smile on his face.

“Then why are you staring at me like that?”

“Just this. Us standing in the bathroom while you put on your makeup, it’s just kinda….” Spike trailed off trying to think of a way to put their situation.

“Weird,” Buffy finished for him teasingly.

“No, domestic,” Spike corrected her in a serious tone.

Buffy was a bit surprised at how Spike thought of them. Sure it had always been a joke that they were like an old married couple, but now it didn’t seem so far fetched. Giving him a bright smile in the mirror, she replied, “Yeah I guess it kinda is.”

Spike removed his arms from Buffy’s waist and turned her to face him. “And this doesn’t scare you?” he asked seriously.

Buffy didn’t even have to think twice. “Not one bit,” She replied honestly.

Spike felt his heart swell. Never in a million years would he have thought that one day he and Buffy would be where they were right now. Letting a lopsided grin curl at his lips he suggested, “How bout that food, yeah?”

Buffy nodded her head vigorously. “Definitely of the good, I’m starved.”

Spike took Buffy’s hand in his and led them out of the apartment. With a grin firmly on his face he thought to himself, “Yep, this is it, she’s the one.’
CH 45 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Thanks to Cordykitten, mer, spikesbabi, Lisa, txjmfan, flibble, TammyAsh666, Kristin, lindsay, Lisa, Chelsea, BuffyandSpikeForever, spufette, MidnightGirl, and illyria101 for posting sunch lovely reviews! You guys always manage to blow me away! Kuddos! Disclaimer in full effect.
Buffy and Spike walked in the door after their late lunch and went straight for the couch. Neither had slept much the night before so they both were absolutely worn out.

Snuggling on the couch they were just about asleep when Buffy’s cell phone started ringing. Pulling the phone out of her sweat jacket pocket, she looked down at the caller ID and shook her head.

“Hey Wills,” she greeted lazily. She really was surprised that Willow hadn’t called sooner.

“So, how’d it go?” Willow drawled out giddily.

Buffy looked over at Spike and noticed he was fast asleep. Not wanting to wake him up, Buffy went in her room to talk to her friend.

“It was absolutely amazing,” Buffy gushed as soon as she was in the privacy of her room.

“I want in depth details,” Willow demanded.

“How about the PG-13 version,” Buffy suggested blushing slightly.

“Oh come on Buffy, you know that’s no fun,” Willow taunted

“No way!” Buffy replied adamantly.

“Fine, fine, just tell me what happened already.”

Buffy got comfortable on her bed and gave Willow the details of the most wonderful night of her life.

“And then he had brunch delivered to our room where we ate out on the balcony and just talked,” Buffy finished wistfully.

“Oh I am so jealous,” Willow whined.

“Wills, I am so happy,” Buffy gushed giddily.

“See I told you everything would work out,” Willow replied knowingly.

“Well I guess I just had to see it to believe it.”

“So now that you guys are all official, what are you gonna do when the housing office has to move one of you?” Willow asked curiously.

Buffy had completely forgotten about the housing situation. It wasn’t that big a deal, right? One of them would move out and then the other would get a new roommate. But what if they got the roommates from hell? With that in mind, Buffy let out a groan.

“I hadn’t thought about it. I mean as far as me and Spike are concerned it’s not that big a deal, because we’ll just work around the whole not living together thing, but what if we get awful roommates ?” Buffy asked nervously.

“Oh you mean if you get one of the ones that is always around and says something every time you bring someone in your room. Or one that marks her food in the fridge and barrows your things without asking,” Willow ranted.

“I take it you speak from experience,” Buffy commented knowingly.

“Yes and her name is Cathy,” Willow spit out the name as if it were poison in her mouth.

“I didn’t realize it was that bad,” Buffy replied stifling a giggle.


”Well at first it wasn’t, but here lately I just want to knock-,” Willow stopped mid sentence.

“Oh Cathy, you’re back,” Willow greeted her roommate from hell in a forced tone.

Buffy couldn’t help but laugh. “Well I guess that’s the end of that conversation,” she teased.

“Yep,” Willow replied aggravated.

“Do you want to come over here and hangout? Spike is sleeping so we’d have all kinds of girlie time,” Buffy suggested.

“That’s okay, I have to meet Oz in a little bit, so maybe some other time,” Willow replied gratefully.

“So I guess you and Oz are getting pretty serious?” Buffy asked. Willow hadn’t really said much, but it was a little hard seeing how Buffy seemed to be always talking about her and Spike.

Willow smiled into the phone. “Things are most definitely moving in the right direction. We have moved from the light smoochies to the ‘make your toes curl’ variety,” Willow gushed giddily.

“Go Wills,” Buffy congratulated.

“Yeah, but I’m takin’ things slow, you know, don’t want him thinkin’ I just want to jump his bones,” Willow confessed.

“A week tops and I bet there will be lots of bone jumpin’” Buffy teased.

“Maybe if I play my cards right,” Willow suggested.

“And on that note, I say goodbye,” Buffy replied slightly embarrassed.

“Hey you’re not the only one who’s aloud to be getting some,” Willow defended.

“Bye Wills,” Buffy replied quickly hanging up before Willow could find something else to embarrass her with.

Putting her phone on the nightstand, Buffy glanced at the clock. It was a little after five and she really needed to get some laundry done. Heaving herself off the bed, she grabbed her dirty clothes basket and walked into the living room. Setting down her basket, she walked over to the couch where Spike was sleeping.

“Spike, wake up,” Buffy whispered in his ear sweetly.

“Uh, m’sleepin’,” Spike grumbled.

“Well you need to wake up, it’s after five and you won’t want to sleep tonight,” Buffy pointed out as she shook his shoulder gently.

Spike rubbed at his eyes and yawned. “I’m up, I’m up,” he assured her as he stretched lazily. Noticing the laundry basket on the floor he asked, “Goin’ to do laundry?”

“Yep, you need anything washed?” She asked as she got up to grab the detergent from the closet.

“If you give me a sec I’ll grab my stuff and go with you,” Spike suggested getting up from the couch.

“Alright, hurry up and go get your stuff,” Buffy agreed.

Spike ran to his room and grabbed the half full basket from the corner. Scanning over the room, he grabbed some of the loose clothes that laid scattered on the floor and tossed them in the basket with the rest of his dirty clothes.

Meeting Buffy in the living room, he asked, “Got everything we’ll need?”

Buffy held up the jug of detergent and a roll of quarters. “I think were set.”

Arms laden with laundry, Spike and Buffy walked out the door and down to the laundry room at the end of the hall.

Buffy walked in the small laundry room and frowned. “Lindsey?”

Spike walked in behind her and asked curiously, “Lindsey what the hell are you doing here?”

Lindsey looked up from his magazine and smiled. “Hey, just doing some laundry,” he explained casually.

“But you don’t live in this building,” Buffy pointed out somewhat confused.

Lindsey let a grin cross his face. “I know, but all the hot chicks live in this building, so I come here to do my laundry. It’s a great way to pick up chicks.” he explained slyly.

Buffy let a disgusted look cross her face. Would this guy do absolutely anything to get a girl?

“Lindsey that is awful,” Buffy stated as she walked over to the folding table to sort her clothes.

Spike walked over to Lindsey and gave him a knowing look. “It’s bloody brilliant is what it is,” he commented in a hushed tone.

“I heard that William,” Buffy scolded without turning her attention from her clothes.

“I mean, you should be ashamed of yourself,” Spike back peddled in a stern voice as he gave Lindsey a look that said ‘you’re a fucking genius’.

Buffy snatched the basket from Spike’s arms and rolled her eyes. Who did he think he was kidding? Sorting his clothes into the piles she had made with hers, she filled up a basket and stared loading up a machine. Turning to Spike, she asked, “I’m gonna go grab something to drink, do you want something?”

“”I’m good luv, do you need the keys?”

“Yeah I left mine in the room,” Buffy replied.

Spike pulled his keys from his pocket and handed them to Buffy. Placing a wet kiss to her lips, he winked and murmured, “Love you.”

Buffy smiled shyly and in a whisper soft vice replied, “Love you too,” And then walked back to their room.

Lindsey sat with a knowing grin on his face and pretended to read his magazine. When Buffy was out of earshot, he looked up at Spike and asked, “How the fuck did you get so lucky?”

Spike took a seat next to Lindsey and shrugged. “Don’t know, but I’m not about to question it that’s for damn sure.”

“Yeah well I tell you what, you are one lucky bastard, cause Buffy is hot as hell,” Lindsey pointed out with a shake of his head.

“Easy mate,” Spike warned.

“I’m just sayin’,” Lindsey replied holding his hands up in surrender.

Spike got up and put the rest of their clothes in another machine and started it up. Looking up at Lindsey he asked with a smirk, “So does it really work?”

Lindsey knew exactly what Spike was talking about. “Like a charm,” he replied cockily.

“So tell me, how exactly does this work,” Spike asked sitting back down next to Lindsey.

“I got this system,” Lindsey explained. “When a girl comes in that I think is hot, I go over to her and start a conversation, you know, the whole ‘I’m really interested in you’ bullshit. Then when she starts sorting her clothes I check out what kind of panties she wears,” Lindsey said with a sly grin on his face.

“You what?” Spike asked incredulously.

“Yeah, like for instance, say she has a bunch of thongs in her basket, to me that says ‘How bout we go back to my place’, but if she has some tired looking old granny panties then I know to steer clear,” He explained his twisted logic.

“You do realize you’re fucking sick right,” Spike pointed out with a chuckle.

“What?” Lindsey asked incredulously.

“Now I know why you don’t have a girl,” Spike commented knowingly.

“Man I’m still in my prime; I’m not ready to settle down with just one girl,” Lindsey stated resolutely.

“Yeah and when your dick falls off in your hand don’t come cryin’ to me,” Spike replied casually flipping through Lindsey’s magazine.

“When his what does what?” Buffy asked incredulously.

Spike looked up to See Buffy standing there with a grossed out look on her face.

“Sorry ‘bout that luv, didn’t realize you were back,” he apologized and pulled Buffy to sit in his lap.

“I don’t even want to know,” Buffy stated resolutely and got comfortable in Spike’s lap.

Buffy looked over and noticed Spike had put in the other load of laundry. “Oh you put in the rest of the clothes, how sweet,” Buffy cooed placing a kiss on his cheek.

“Yep, figure the faster we can get this done, the faster we can get back to our room,” Spike purred in Buffy’s ear suggestively.

Buffy quickly hopped of Spike’s lap and shot him a warning look. Shaking her head, she walked over and checked one of the machines to see if it was finished.

Spike watched Buffy as she switched over their laundry and let a smile cross his face. Their laundry. Not his, not hers, but theirs. He was brought out of his musings by Lindsey nudging him in his side.

Spike turned to Lindsey with an irritated look. “What?”

Lindsey nodded in the direction of the door and let a sly grin cross his face.

Spike looked in direction of the door and saw two young girls walk in with baskets in hand. Turing back to Lindsey, he said, “Lindsey those girls barely look eighteen years old, don’t you think they’re a bit young?”
“Nope, that just means they’re still impressionable,” Lindsey replied cockily as he got up and walked over to where the girls were sorting their clothes.

Spike just shook his head and watched as his friend perved on the young girls.

Buffy came to sit next to Spike and looked in his line of vision. Lindsey was blatantly flirting with two younger classman occasionally peering into their baskets. Turning back to Spike she asked, “What is he doing?”

Spike turned to Buffy and stated matter of factly, “You don’t want to know.”
CH 46 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Thanks to Lisa, MidnightGirl, Karyn, seraiza, lindsay, LittleTigerBaby, Cordykitten, BuffyandSpikeForever, Kristin, flibble, Opal, Carri, Brat, Whitelighter354, txjmfan, illyria101, and all of you who have taken the time to review for me, I so appreciate, I really can't tank y'all enough! Well enjoy! Discalimer in full effect.
Buffy hurried to get the room ready before Spike got home. There was soft Christmas music playing in the background and decorations all over the room. Spike was leaving for England early the next morning so this was going to be their night to exchange gifts. Making sure everything was perfect, Buffy sat on the couch and waited impatiently for Spike to arrive.

Spike opened the door and let out a chuckle as he shut the door behind him. “I see someone got the Christmas bug while I was gone,” he commented as he set dinner on the bar.

Buffy sprung off the couch. “Do you like it?” she asked with a twinkle in her eyes. Christmas was her favorite time of year and she wanted this one to be extra special.

Spike crossed the room and wrapped Buffy in a warm hug. “I love it,” He assured her, nuzzling her neck.

“Your nose is cold,” she squealed trying to get out of his arms.

Spike wrapped his arms tighter around Buffy’s waist and buried his nose deeper into her neck as she giggled. Letting her go, Spike walked into the kitchenette and started pulling out plates for their dinner.

Buffy sat on one of the bar stools and rummaged through the bags. “Mmmm, Italian.”

“Hope that’s alright. I tried to call your cell phone to see what you wanted, but all I got was your voice mail,” Spike explained.

“Sorry, I must have left it here when I ran to Willow’s,” Buffy apologized.

“What’d you got to Reds for?”

“I had to get your Christmas present,” Buffy explained while she pulled out cartons of food from the bag.

“What was it doing at Red’s place?” Spike asked curiously.

“Had to hide it there so you wouldn’t find it,” Buffy replied.

“Hey!” Spike replied indignantly. “Do you really think I’d go snoopin’ around lookin’ for my present?”

Buffy gave him a disbelieving look. “Spike do you really want to ask me that?”

“I’m crushed pet,” he stated in mock hurt.

“Don’t even try it buddy, I know you went through my closet the other day because all my shoes were out of order,” Buffy informed him with a knowing look on her face.

Spike gave Buffy a sheepish look and brought the plates to the bar. “Okay, you caught me.”

They piled their plates with food and brought them to their usual spot in the living room.

Mid way through there meal Buffy asked, “So do you need a ride to the airport?”

“No, I have to be there at like five in the morning so I figure I’ll just take a cab.”

“I thought your flight didn’t leave till almost eight,” Buffy pouted.

“Yeah but I have to be there at least two hours prior for international flights,” Spike explained.

“I don’t mind getting up,” Buffy tried.

“It’s gonna be hard enough leaving you, I don’t think I could handle saying goodbye to you in the airport like that,” Spike pointed out gloomily.

Buffy understood what Spike meant. Not wanting to put a damper on there evening, Buffy pushed her plate away and got an excited look on her face.

“Okay, can we do presents now?” she asked giddily.

Spike couldn’t help but fall in love with her all over again. She was sitting there looking at him with this giddy grin on her face and practically bouncing in her seat. With a face like that how could he say no.

“Alright, we can open gifts now,” He caved.

Buffy clapped her hands excitedly and hurried off to her room to grab Spike’s gift.

Spike got up and got Buffy’s present from his drawer and came back to sit on the floor to wait for Buffy.

Buffy pulled the large box from her closet and quickly brought it back to the living room. Taking a seat on the floor next to Spike, she placed the box in his lap. “You first, she demanded excitedly.

Spike set down the present he had for Buffy and started unwrapping his gift. Lifting the lid to the box, he stared at Buffy in awe. Pulling the coat from the box, he held it up for inspection.

It was a black Italian short leather jacket that he knew for a fact cost well over three-hundred dollars. “Buffy this is too much,” he insisted.

Buffy shook her head. “No, try it on.”

Spike stood up and pulled the soft leather over his arms. It fit him as if it was made just for him. Still not believing Buffy had gotten him such an extravagant gift, he muttered, “I don’t know what to say.”

“So you like it?” she asked hopefully.

“Are you kidding me, I love it,” he gushed pulling Buffy from the floor and kissing her firmly on the lips.

Buffy rubbed at the soft leather on his chest. “I saw this and I had to get it. I know you have your duster, but I thought maybe you could use a short jacket as well.”

“Thank you so much, I love it,” Spike replied softly before placing a tender kiss to her lips.

“Good, now my turn,” she replied giddily.

Spike let out a chuckle and picked up her present from the floor. Handing it to her he commented,” I wasn’t sure what to get, so I let the lady at the store help me out.”

Buffy frantically ripped the paper away and held a black velvet box in her hands. Glancing up at Spike, she opened the box and let out a small gasp. Inside was a gold charm bracelet with a gold heart charm that had ‘B&S’ engraved on it.

“Spike it’s gorgeous,” Buffy gushed as she pulled the bracelet out of the box.

“Turn it over,” Spike instructed.

Buffy turned the charm over and read the inscription. ‘Always and Forever My Love’. Buffy felt hot tears run down her cheeks. This was the sweetest most perfect gift Spike could have ever gotten her.

Looking up at Spike, she smiled through her tears. “Spike it’s perfect.”

Spike wrapped Buffy in his arms and looked deep into her emerald orbs. “I love you Buffy, Merry Christmas.”

“I love you too Spike, this is the best Christmas ever,” she replied softly before bringing her lips to his in a passionate kiss.

When they both pulled away panting, Buffy suddenly remembered the other part of Spike’s present. “Oh look in your pocket,” she demanded giddily.

Spike let Buffy go and patted both his front pockets. Feeling a lump in one, he reached in and pulled out a chrome Zippo with ‘Spike’ engraved on the front. With a grin on his face, he asked, “I thought you didn’t like me smoking?”

“Well I figure since you’re not gonna quit anytime soon, you might as well have a decent lighter. Besides you can use lighters for things other than just smoking,” Buffy pointed out with a grin.

“And what might that be pet,” Spike purred suggestively.

“Maybe lighting the candles that are set up in my room perhaps,” Buffy suggested coyly.

Spike scooped Buffy in his arms in a damsel in distress fashion and carried her to her room. Placing her on her bed, he took off his new jacket and set it on the chair in the corner of her room and went to the task of lighting candles.

Buffy got off the bed and looked over at Spike. “I’ll be right back,” she informed him and hurried off to the bathroom.

Spike took advantage of Buffy’s time in the bathroom and ran to his room quickly and grabbed the condoms from the nightstand. Running back to Buffy’s room, he took off his shirt and sat expectantly on the edge of her bed.

Buffy looked at herself one last time in the mirror and took a ragged breath. Using every once of courage she had, she opened the bathroom door and walked in her room.

Spike took one look at Buffy and his mouth went dry. She was wearing a see-through lavender colored mesh camisole that was embroidered with lace along the straps and neckline and a pair of matching string thong panties that tied at the hips just covering her neatly shaven mound.

Buffy was beginning to feel slightly self-conscious as Spike just sat there and stared at her.

Spike got up off the bed and closed the distance between them. Looking deep in her eyes, he gushed, “Buffy you are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.”

Buffy felt her cheeks tint at Spike’s confession. Looking into his eyes, she asked timidly, “I don’t look ridiculous then?”

“Believe me, you look anything but ridiculous,” Spike assured her in a husky tone before capturing her lips in a tender kiss.

Buffy took Spike’s hand and led him over to her bed. Before sitting him down, she reached down and pulled the button fly of his jeans open and pushed them down his slender hips to fall at his feet, never taking her eyes off of his.

Spike pulled his feet out of his jeans and kicked them to the side, standing completely naked before her.

Buffy pushed gently on Spike’s chest, urging him to sit down. Once he was sitting down, Buffy got down on her knees and spread Spike’s legs so she fit between them. Without saying a word, Buffy took Spike’s already hard member in her hot little hand and lowered her mouth to his massive cock, taking him in almost to the hilt.

Spike let out a hiss of pleasure and let his head fall back. “God Buffy feels so good,” he moaned as Buffy began to bob up and down on his shaft.

Buffy used her hand to fondle his balls, rolling the heavy sac in her hand gently. Spike bucked his hips in response and began to pant heavily. Buffy took this as a good sign and increased the pressure on his sac and bobbed faster on his cock.

Spike knew if Buffy kept going he was going to cum. Wanting to be inside her when he found his release, he lifted her head and grabbed the hand that was on his sac.

Buffy looked at Spike confused. “Did I do something wrong?” she asked insecurely.

“Oh no, not at all,” Spike reassured her still panting. “Just want to be inside you when I do it,” He explained in a husky voice.

Buffy gave him a shy smile and was about to say something, when she found herself off her knees and on her back in one swift move.

Spike hovered over Buffy and let a sexy smirk play at his lips. “Now it’s my turn to get a taste,” he purred as he slowly descended down her body. Using his teeth to untie the small bows at her hips, he pulled the small scrap of material away and tossed it to the floor.

Spreading her thighs wide, Spike stared down at the prize before him; it was enough to make his mouth water. With lighting speed, he delved into Buffy’s already wet slit and began to devour her.

Buffy tangled her fingers in Spike’s hair and massaged his scalp lightly with her nails as he ate at her ravenously.

“Mmmm Spike, feels so good,” she encouraged him.

Spike brought his hand to rub at her sensitive bundle of nerves and used his tongue to lap greedily at her inner walls.

Buffy felt her climax soon approaching and bucked her hips of the bed. “Ah Spike, gonna cum soon,” Buffy whimpered as she wreathed at his ministrations.

With a few more strokes of his tongue Buffy’s’ inner muscles started to flutter wildly and her sweet nectar flooded his mouth. Lapping up every last drop, Spike lifted his head from between Buffy’s limp thighs and licked his lips clean of her essence.

Buffy pulled Spike down to her and crushed his lips to hers in a searing kiss. Spike tore his lips from Buffy’s and slowly trailed kisses down her neck to her collarbone.

Buffy scratched her nails lightly down Spike’s back as she mewled in pleasure. Spike skimmed his hands down Buffy’s side and lifted the thin material of her camisole up and over her head so she lay before him in all her naked splendor.

Buffy stared up at Spike with lust filled eyes. “Make love to me,” was her simple request.

Unable to deny his girl of anything, Spike grabbed a condom from the nightstand and slid the latex on over his ragging hard on. Settling between Buffy’s thighs, he slowly slid home until he was sheathed to the hilt.

Buffy arched into Spike as he filled her exquisitely. Needing to feel some sort of friction, Buffy raised her hips in a slow rocking motion.

Spike took the lead and began to pump inside Buffy at an achingly slow pace. Enjoying the feel of her warmth wrapped deliciously tight around him.

Buffy pulled Spike down in a fiery kiss, conveying what she was feeling without words as the slowly rocked together, meeting thrust for thrust.

Spike could feel his release approaching and needed to make sure his girl was satisfied first. Shifting the angle of his thrusts slightly so they rubbed her erect clit, he picked up the pace and thrust a little deeper each time.

The way Spike was pumping inside her was rubbing deliciously against her G-spot and her clit, sending her over the edge. Digging into his shoulders with her nails, she buried her head in the crook of his neck.

“Ah Spike, right there….don’t stop….dont’stop!” She moaned into his neck, stifling her cries.

“Ah Buffy, so tight, gonna cum soon,” Spike grunted as he pistoned faster into her hot channel.

Buffy latched onto Spike’s neck and began to suckle greedily knowing it would send him over the edge.

When Spike felt Buffy begin to suck at his neck that was all it took. His climax hit him fast and hard as he shot his load in long thick spurts.

“Fuck…..oh yeah, Buffy!” he grunted as the last of his release racked through him.

Buffy abandoned her spot on Spike’s neck and captured his lips in a tender kiss.

Spike rolled to the side and removed the used condom, tossing it in the trashcan. Pulling Buffy to him, he cuddled her close murmuring soft words of love and affection.

Buffy let out a content sigh and asked lazily, “What time is it?”

Spike lifted his head so he could see the clock on the night stand. “10:30.”

Buffy felt a pang of sadness run through her. In six hours, Spike would be gone. Holding him tighter to her as if it might change things, Buffy let silent tears fall from her eyes.

Spike could feel Buffy’s tears against his chest and had to swallow down the knot that was rising in his throat. It was killing him on the inside to have to leave her, but he just had to keep reminding himself, that it was only for two weeks, two very long weeks. Stroking her hair softly her comforted her with his words.

“Don’t cry luv, I’ll be back before you know it.”

Buffy looked up at Spike with big eyes. “I know, it’s just I’m gonna miss you so much,” she replied in a teary voice.

“And I’ll miss you too,” he reassured her. “I’ll call you everyday.”

“Promise to call everyday?” she asked in a small voice.

“I swear.”

Buffy snuggled into Spike’s chest and tried not to let her emotions get the best of her. Letting out a shaky breath, she murmured against his chest, “I love you.”

Spike wrapped Buffy securely in his arms and kissed the top of her head. “I love you too kitten.”

Letting a yawn take over, he suggested, “How ‘bout we get some shut eye yeah?”

Buffy nodded against Spike’s chest before turning over and setting the alarm for Spike. Snuggling back in his arms, Buffy closed her eyes and willed herself not to cry anymore.

When Spike felt Buffy’s breathing finally even out, he closed his eyes and let sleep take him over with his last thoughts being ‘it’s just two weeks.’



A/N I know some of you will be disappointed that her prezzie wasn't a ring, but remember they have only been together for about a month so I didn't want to rush things with our favorite couple! Kuddos!
CH 47 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the no-post yesterday, But I am working on a new fic! Thanks to TammyAsh666, Whitelighter354, spuffette, MidnightGirl, Cordykitten, Tuesday, LittleTigerBaby, BuffyandSpikeForever, lindsay, Lisa, Carri, spikesbabi, B_Mac, txjmfan, Chelsea, Furvus, and everyone who has taken the time to review, big hugs and kisses! Enjoy! Disclaimer in full effect.
Spike heard the sound of the alarm and quickly reached over to turn it off so it wouldn’t wake the sleeping beauty in his arms. Carefully, Spike pulled his arm from under Buffy’s head and slipped out of bed.

Spike had all his things ready to go at the door. Writing a quick note, he grabbed Buffy’s bracelet off the coffee table and took them to Buffy’s room.

Spike stood at in the doorway just staring at Buffy’s sleeping form. She was now lying on her stomach and her hair was splayed out behind her like spun gold in the early morning’s light. Spike felt a knot rise in his throat. He hated this. He didn’t want to be away from Buffy for one second let alone two weeks.

Knowing what he had to do, Spike set the note and velvet box on the pillow next to Buffy and walked over to her side of the bed. Brushing away a stray hair that crossed her face, he placed a tender kiss to her cheek and pulled the covers over her bare back.

“I love you kitten and I’ll see you soon,” he whispered, inhaling her sent while committing it to memory for his long trip.

Grabbing his new coat off the chair Spike took one last look at Buffy before walking out of her room and shutting the door behind him.

***************************************************************************************************************


Buffy rolled over in her sleep and felt the spot next to her was cold and empty. She looked over with sad eyes to see that Spike was gone. In his place was a note and the velvet box that he had given her for Christmas.

Sitting up in bed, Buffy slipped the note from under the box and read it.

Buffy,
I’m sorry I didn’t wake you, but you just looked so peaceful I couldn’t bring myself to actually have to say goodbye to you face to face.
Even as I’m writing this, I’m missing you already. I will call you as soon as I get to my mum’s and let you know I got in all right.
Whenever you feel lonely just look down at your wrist and know you still have my heart. I love you Buffy, always and forever, just as the inscription says.
I’ll be counting the seconds till you’re in my arms again. I love you so much and I’ll talk to you this evening.
With all my love,
William


Buffy let her tears fall like rain. What was she going to do without Spike for two whole weeks? Taking the bracelet from the box, she slipped it over her slender wrist and watched it glitter in the light that filtered in from her window.

Buffy lay back down and rolled on her side. Seeing Spike’s t-shirt, Buffy got up and grabbed it off the floor and brought it to her nose, inhaling every last ounce of smell she could get from the soft cotton material.

Pulling it over her head, Buffy got out of bed and pulled out her suitcase to pack the things she would need for her stay at her parents’ house for the holiday break.

**************************************************************************************

Spike sat next to his uncle in the airport terminal looking like he had just seen his new puppy get hit by a car right before him. He missed Buffy already and it had only been a few hours since he had left her in her bed fast asleep. How was he going to be able to survive two whole weeks across the bloody world from his girl?

Giles looked over at his nephew and took in his glum state. William hadn’t said one word since they had meet up in the airport back in LA, and it was beginning to concern him gravely.


“William is everything alright?” Giles asked concerned.

Spike turned to his uncle and let out a heavy sigh. “No,” he stated flatly.

“William, I know you’re upset about having to leave Buffy, but she’ll be there when you get back,” Giles pointed out optimistically.

Spike just simply stared down at his lap and stayed uncharacteristically quiet.


Giles felt his heart go out to his nephew. He looked so broken. Needing to lighten the mood, he tried for light conversation.

“That’s a lovely jacket William, where did you get it?”

Spike rubbed absently at the soft leather and replied in a sad voice, “Buffy got it for me for Christmas.”

So much for lightening the mood.

With a heavy sigh Giles asked, “William do you plan on keeping this foul mood the entire trip, because if so, you might as well just call your mother now and tell her you’re not going.”

“What the bloody hell are you talking about?” Spike asked irritably.

“William your mother has done nothing but talk about you coming home for the holiday’s since she bought your ticket well over a month ago,” Giles informed his nephew. When he saw Spike look down slightly ashamed of himself, he continued. “I understand that this was supposed to be yours and Buffy’s first Christmas together, but you’ll have plenty of time for all that. Your mother needs you home more than I think you realize. You’re all she has left,” he pointed out gently.

Spike knew his uncle was right. He remembered how excited his mum had been when she had told him about his trip and all the plans she had made for the three of them. Looking up at Giles, he offered him a quick nod.

Giles smiled warmly at his nephew. “Good, now tell me, how exactly are you and Buffy doing?”


This brought a smile to Spike’s face. Him and Buffy. How he loved to hear that, them as a couple. Turning to his uncle, Spike replied, “We’re perfect. I’ve never felt anything like it in my whole life, she’s the one.”

Giles was not surprised by his nephew’s response. He had seen the way William had looked at Buffy, like she was the only woman that existed, and knew then that his nephew was lost to her forever. With a knowing look he asked, “And have you told Buffy this?”

“Told her what?” Spike asked as he removed his jacket.

“Told her- Oh dear Lord William,” Giles groaned as caught a glance at the side of his nephew’s neck. “Your mother is going to have a fit.”

“What the bloody hell are you talking about?” Spike asked thoroughly confused.

Giles removed his glasses and began to clean them absently. “That disgusting thing on your neck,” Giles retorted disdainfully.

Spike got up and headed in the direction of the men’s room. Looking in the mirror, he saw a small crimson mark marring his pale white skin. It was hardly noticeable, but if Giles had noticed it then his mother most definitely would. Making a mental note to keep on his jacket until he could get a collard shirt from his suitcase, Spike went back to sit with his uncle.

“William, do you have any idea how trashy that looks?” Giles asked once Spike was seated next to him.

“You can hardly see it and besides, it’s not like she did it on purpose,” Spike retorted dryly with a roll of his eyes.

“Well I suggest you keep that thing covered up. If your mother sees that not only will she have your hide, but mine as well,” Giles scolded.

Spike put back on his jacket and turned to his uncle. “Don’t get your knickers in a twist, I’ll change shirts when we get to m’mum’s house,” he informed his uncle dryly.

Giles looked at his nephew and shook his head. Mumbling something unintelligible under his breath he got up from his seat.

“I’m going to get a cup of coffee, do you want anything?” Giles asked

“No, I’m good. I think I’m gonna head over to the smokers lounge and give Buffy a ring.” Spike informed his uncle getting up from his chair.

Giles gave a quick nod and headed in the direction of the coffee shop.

Spike grabbed his carryon bag and headed off to the smokers lounge.

***************************************************************************************************************


“Are you sure you won’t come and stay with me at my parent’s?” Buffy pleaded with Willow.

“That’s okay, I’ll be fine here on campus, besides Oz is going to be here,” Willow pointed out.

“So not fair. You get to have snuggle time with your boyfriend and I get stuck hanging out with my parents for the next week,” Buffy pouted

Willow couldn’t help but feel sorry for her blond headed friend.

“Tell you what, how about I come over one day and we can hang out, just the two of us?” Willow suggested.

“No don’t worry about it. I know you want to spend time with Oz.” Buffy sulked.

“No, I can take out one day for my best friend,” Willow insisted.

“Well if you really want to,” Buffy replied trying not to let Willow know how excited she really was.

“Of course I want to,” Willow assured her.

“Oh thank God,” Buffy gushed with relief.

Willow let out a laugh. “You act like it’s the end of the world to have to go to your folks for a few days”

“Willow do you have any idea how hard it’s gonna be to not talk about Spike?”

“You could at least tell your mom the truth about you and Spike,” Willow suggested.

“A world of no!” Buffy stated resolutely. Then hearing her cell phone she asked, “Hey Wills hold on a sec, my other phone is ringing.”

“Okay.”

Buffy picked up her cell phone and looked at the caller ID. Letting out a loud shriek, she quickly answered the call.

“Spike!”

“’Ello gorgeous,” Spike purred into the phone.

“Hold on just a second, let me get Willow off the other phone,” she said giddily.

“Alright kitten, and tell Red I said hey.”

Buffy didn’t even respond to Spike’s request and hurriedly grabbed the other phone.

“Wills it’s Spike, gotta go,” She rushed out in a giddy voice.

“Call me later.”

“Will do, oh and Spike says hi, bye,” and then Buffy quickly hung up. Letting out another giddy squeal, Buffy picked up her cell phone.

“Spike?”

“I’m still here luv, but slightly hard of hearing,” Spike teased.

“Sorry, I’m just so excited to hear from you,” Buffy apologized.

“S’alright, good to know you haven’t replaced me yet.” Spike commented playfully.

“I could never replace you Spike,” Buffy replied in a soft voice.

Spike took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

“Good cause I don’t plan on going anywhere any time soon,” Spike replied in an equally soft voice. God how he missed his girl already.

Buffy closed her eyes and let a silent tear roll down her cheek. “Are you on the plane calling?” she asked remembering that Spike wasn’t supposed to land for at least another ten hours.

“No, lay over in New York,” Spike explained.

“Spike I’m so glad you called. I miss you,” Buffy confessed letting her tears fall.

“Miss you too kitten,” Spike replied in a tear tight voice.

Spike could hear the call for his flight and let out a heavy sigh. Cigarette forgotten, Spike swallowed the knot in his throat.

“They just called for my flight,” Spike said mournfully.

“Call me as soon as you get in, no matter what time it is?” Buffy asked with a sniffle.

“Promise.”

“Alright, well have a safe trip. I love you,” Buffy replied.

“Love you too Buffy. I’ll talk to you soon,” Spike replied not wanting to hang up.

“Okay, bye.” Buffy whispered and hung up the phone.

When Spike was sure Buffy was off the phone he flipped his phone shut and got up from his chair. He could really use that cigarette about now. Picking up his bag, he left the small lounge to meet up with his uncle.

“Do you have everything?” Giles asked his nephew as he handed the attendant his boarding pass and passport.

Spike pulled out his own boarding pass and passport from his coat pocket. “Yep, ready to go,” he replied in a mournful tone.

Giles placed a hand on Spike’s shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze. “Remember William, it’s only two weeks and Buffy will be waiting for you in LA with open arms.”

“Yeah well it’s gonna be the bloody longest two weeks of my life,” Spike grumbled as he followed his uncle onto the plane.

Giles let out a chuckle as he commented with a sigh, “Ah, young love.”
CH 48 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Okay I felt really bad for not posting yesterday, so here is my penance! Thanks to Cordykitten, MidnightGirl, mer, Opal, spikesbabi, Whitelighter354, LittleTigerBaby, Lisa, Jess, txjmfan, and all of you who review! Y'all are a bunch of peaches!!!!! Kuddos! Discalaimer in full effect!
Buffy sat on her bed at her parent’s house with Mr. Gordo, her stuffed pig, clutched to her chest. She had just gotten off the phone with Spike almost an hour ago and hadn’t been able to stop crying. This was the way it always went. She would talk to Spike and keep up the cheery front but after she hung up she would cry for hours. She missed him so much that it hurt. It was two days till Christmas and Spike wasn’t going to be home until after New Years. Yep, this totally sucked.

Buffy felt a new wave of tears wash over her when there was a soft knock at her door. Wiping away any traces of tears, she called out softly, “Come in.”

Joyce walked into her daughter’s old room and saw her daughter sitting on the bed clutching her child hood toy to her chest, red eyed from crying. Motherly instincts taking over, she rushed over to the bedside and sat down.

“Buffy what’s wrong?” Joyce asked full of concern. She had noticed her daughter had mopping ever since she had come home, and wanted to say something and now seeing her daughter physically upset, was enough for her to voice her concerns.

Buffy wiped at her nose and fought back tears. “Nothing, I’m fine,” she tried to cover with falsely chipper voice.

“You sitting here balling your eyes out is anything but fine Buffy,” Joyce informed her daughter resolutely.

“Mom it’s nothing really.”

“Buffy for the last four days you have done nothing but mope around the house. The only time you seem happy is…” Joyce trailed off seeming to realize why her daughter was upset. Letting a knowing look cross her face, she stated matter a factly, “It’s William.”

How had she not figured this out sooner?

Buffy felt raw panic course through her. “Mom please don’t tell Dad,” she pleaded.

“How long has this been going on?” Joyce asked calmly.

“About a month,” she answered softly.

“Well I have to say that I figured something like this would happen, so honestly I’m not that surprised, but I am a little disappointed you didn’t say something sooner,” Joyce replied giving her daughter a pointed look.

Buffy let her shoulders sag. “Mom if I hade told you and Dad, then you would have made me move back home,” Buffy explained.

“Well as far as your father goes, you’re probably right,” Joyce commented knowingly.

“But you could have come to me Buffy,” she said, feeling a bit hurt.

“I’m sorry, I was just scared you would have told Dad,” Buffy apologized.

Joyce took her daughter in her arms. “I know, and I understand.” Then pulling Buffy at arms length, she gave her a resolute look. “But from now on, no more secrets, understand?”

“Understood,” Buffy agreed.

Joyce nodded her head and then looked her daughter in the eyes. “So tell me, how serious are you and William?” she asked, her underlying tone indicating what she really meant.

Buffy felt her eyes go wide. Oh God, was her mother actually asking is they were having sex!? Buffy felt like she might be sick. Sure she was close with her mother, but not that close.

“Mom if you’re asking what I think you’re asking, don’t go there,” Buffy stated resolutely.

“Buffy as your mother, I need to know so we can take certain precautions,” Joyce informed her daughter determinedly.

“Mom I am so not talking about this with you,” Buffy groaned flopping back and using a pillow to cover her face. Could this be any more embarrassing?

Joyce removed the pillow from her daughter’s face. “Buffy if you want to continue to live on your own then I suggest you indulge me on this one, because honestly, this is not up for discussion,” Joyce stated giving her daughter the patented mother look.

Buffy sat up and let out a groan of frustration. “Fine,” Buffy relented unwillingly.

Joyce took a deep breath and prepared herself for the one thing no mother ever wants to her come from her unwed child’s mouth.

“Are you and William having sex?”

Buffy closed her eyes and forced her mouth to form the words. “Yes,” she all but whispered.

Joyce felt like her heart might break. She knew this day would come, but she had honestly hoped that either Buffy would be married as she was or at least fifty.

Letting out a heavy sigh, she asked, “Have you two been careful?”

Buffy was torn. She could tell the partial truth and say yes, because they had in fact been careful after the first time, or she could go with the all out truth and tell her mother that she had had unprotected sex once and had been more careful from then on out. Knowing that if she were indeed pregnant, a lie would turn around and bite her in the ass, so she went with the only explanation that seemed to cover it.

“Sort of.”

“What do you mean ‘sort of’?” Joyce asked with slight hysteria in her voice.

“Well we uh….we didn’t use anything the first time,” Buffy explained meekly.

“Oh Buffy,” Joyce groaned and put her hand over her face.

“But we’ve been careful every time since then,” Buffy quickly added.

Joyce looked up at her daughter with a look. “Well it really doesn’t matter if you’re pregnant already.”

“I know,” Buffy stated beginning to feel the fear build up in her stomach.

“Buffy I thought you were smarter than this,” Joyce replied, disappointment evident in her voice.

“I’m sorry Mom, I just wasn’t thinking,” Buffy sobbed.

As disappointed as she was with her daughter, she was still her mother and felt the need to comfort her. Taking her weeping child in her arms, she stroked her hair in a soothing manner. “Buffy, I’m sure everything will be fine, we just need to find out for sure whether or not you are in fact pregnant.”

Buffy nodded against her mother’s shoulder. She had been putting this off and she now knew she needed to know the truth once and for all.

Joyce pulled her daughter from her arms and asked softly, “Does William know about this?”

“He knows that there’s a possibility,” Buffy replied quietly.

Joyce let out a heavy sigh. “Your father is out for the afternoon, so why don’t we run to the drugstore and get a home test to find out for sure,” Joyce suggested.

Buffy nodded in agreement and slid off the bed. Turning to her mother, she gave her a warm smile.

“Mom, thanks for not freaking out on me.”

Joyce gave her a weary look. “Don’t thank me just yet, because if you are pregnant young lady…well just don’t thank me yet,” She replied flatly as she walked out of the room.

Buffy followed her mother out of her room. Well here it is, the moment of truth. The next time she talked to Spike she was going to have some really good news, or news that would change both of their lives forever.


*******************************************************************************


Spike sat on his mother’s couch flipping through the channels unable to find anything decent to watch. “Bloody TV, never a damn thing on when you actually sit down to watch,” He grumbled.

“Such language William,” Anne scolded.

Spike looked over to see his mother giving him a stern look. “Sorry Mum,” he apologized.

Anne sat down next to her son. “Tell me, what has my sweet boy in such an ill mood?” she asked as she reached out and ran her fingers through Spike’s errant curls.

“Nothin’ in particular,” he replied glumly.

“Now William it isn’t polite you lie to your mother,” Anne replied knowingly.

Spike looked up at his mother with a sheepish look. “I miss Buffy,” he admitted.

“I thought so,” Anne replied with a soft smile. Her son had done nothing but talk about the young blond that held his heart back in LA.

“And do you love this Buffy?” Anne asked, knowing full well the answer.

“More than the air I breathe,” Spike admitted whole-heartedly.

“Then tell me why you’re here sitting here on my couch grumbling about bad TV instead of with her?”

Spike gave his mother a disbelieving look. “Mum how could I tell you no after you bought me a ticket to come home?”

“Simple, you say, ‘Mum I love you to bits, but I have to stay with the woman I love’,” Anne informed her son with a smile on her face.

“But you sounded so excited over the phone about me coming home I couldn’t bring m’self to disappoint you,” Spike admitted softly.

“I was beyond excited William, but your happiness means more to me. If you would have told me that you weren’t coming, yes I would have been disappointed, but you had good reason. This is your first holiday with Buffy and you should be there celebrating it with her,” Anne stated matter of factly.

“Well it doesn’t matter now, there’s no way for me to be with Buffy for Christmas,” Spike pointed out glumly.

“Nonsense,” Anne waved him off. “You just take your ticket to the airport and exchange it for another flight.”

“But what about you? I can’t just up and leave you Mum, it’s just not right.” Spike replied resolutely.

“I have Rupert to keep me company, and besides, if you’re going to be like this on Christmas, it won’t make a bit of difference. I want you happy William, and if that means you going back to Los Angeles then so be it,” Anne replied lovingly.

Spike couldn’t believe what his mother was saying. With a hopeful look in his eyes, he asked, “Are you sure about this Mum, ‘cause you know I’d stay if you asked me to.”

“I wouldn’t have suggested it if I didn’t truly mean it William, but I have one condition.”

“Anything Mum,” Spike agreed.

“We have our Christmas tonight, just the three of us,” Anne requested.

Spike wrapped his arms around his mother in a warm hug. “I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

“Go on and pack your things while I give Rupert a ring and tell him to be home early for supper.”

Spike placed a kiss to his mother’s cheek and hurried off to his room. Peeking his head around the corner he smiled brightly. “Mum, I don’t know how to thank you.”

“You can thank me by naming your first born after me,” Anne teased.

Spike smirked. “And if it’s a boy?”

“Well I guess you better start praying now for a girl,” Anne quipped and let out a chuckle.

Spike let out a laugh and headed to his room to pack his bags. Boy was Buffy in for a surprise.


*****************************************************************************

Buffy and her mother sat in silence the entire way home from the drug store. Buffy just sat there twisting the plastic bag in her hand that held the answer to her future. She had never been so nervous in her entire life. God how she wished Spike were here with her.

Joyce pulled in the driveway and turned off the car. Before getting out she turned to her daughter, “Buffy I just want you to know, that no matter what the outcome, I love you and support you in any decision you make.”

Buffy looked up at her mother and murmured, “Thanks Mom.”

They got out of the car and headed in the house. Buffy was about to go up the stairs when she turned to look at her mother.

“Can I have a minute?” she asked her mother with pleading eyes.

“Alright honey, I’ll be down here if you need me,” Joyce agreed giving her daughter the privacy she needed.

Buffy gave her mother a grateful smile and headed up to her room. Once she closed the door to her room, Buffy stared at the plastic bag in her hand. With a heavy sigh, she crossed the room and walked into her bathroom to take the test that would determine the outcome of the rest of her life.



A/N: Kinda angsty huh! Well you'll just have to tune in tomorrow to find out what happens next! * evil grin and laugh*
CH 49 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Thanks to spikesbabi, flibble, BuffyandSpikeForever, MidnightGirl, Opal, spufette, mer, ..., Vanessow, Whitelighter354, Tuesday, carri, meli1_77, kristin, Karyn, Cordykitten, Kez, Chelsea, and Brat for the reviews! Love y'all to bits! Kuddos! Disclaimer in full effect.
Buffy stood in her bathroom staring down at the unopened pregnancy test. Knowing that her mother was waiting just down the stairs for her, she let out a heavy sigh and opened the box. Reading the directions carefully, Buffy removed the test from the box and set it on the counter while she sat down on the toilet.

Careful not to pee on her hands, Buffy put the test between her legs and peed on it enough to get an accurate result. Replacing the cover, she put the test on the sink and finished going to the bathroom.

She sat on the edge of the tub waiting out the longest three minutes of her life. Her stomach was in knots and her palms were sweaty from nerves. Wiping her hands on her jeans, she looked at the gold bracelet that adorned her wrist. Always and forever Spike had promised. Would he still feel the same way if she was pregnant? They still had at least four more years of school left let alone the careers they wanted, she could hardly do it now let alone with a baby.

It had only been one minute. Buffy had two more to go and she was starting to get antsy. Maybe asking her mother to be alone wasn’t such a good idea. Needing someone there for when she got the results, Buffy left the bathroom to get her mom. She didn’t even make it out of her room before she ran into her mother.

“Mom, can you come and wait with me?” Buffy asked in a small voice.

“Of course honey,” Joyce agreed and wrapped her arm around her daughter’s shoulder leading her back into the bathroom.

Buffy stopped right outside the bathroom door and looked at her mother.

“Mom can you look?”

Joyce nodded her head and walked into the bathroom. Picking up the test from the counter she took one look at it and then turned to her daughter.

Buffy stood there holding her breath. This was it. Her entire future rested on what her mother was about to say. Closing her eyes, she braced herself for the worst, but hoped for the best. She really hoped that Spike had meant what he said, that no mater what, he wasn’t going to leave her.


*******************************************************************************


Spike was in his room packing all of his presents when he heard a soft knock at the door.

“Come in.”

Giles opened his nephew’s door and sat on the edge of his bed. “So, you all packed?”

“Just about. Mum has some last minute things in the wash, but other than that I’m good,” Spike replied as he zipped his suitcase up and put it on the floor.

“What time is your flight tomorrow?” Giles asked curiously.

“Leave at eleven in the evening, but I have to be there at nine,” Spike replied sitting on the bed next to his uncle.

“Have you told Buffy that you’re coming home?”

Spike let a smile cross his lips. “Nope. ‘M gonna surprise her at her mum and da’s house Christmas mornin’.” He couldn’t wait to see the look on his girl’s face when she would see him standing at her parent’s door.

Giles let out a soft chuckle and shook his head. Buffy was sure to have a bloody heart attack seeing William back so soon.

Spike got up from the bed and grabbed his jacket from the chair. “I’m gonna head to the pub for one last real beer before I have to go back and drink that crap they try to pass off as beer, want to join me?” Spike asked his uncle.

Giles got up and nodded in agreement. “Make sure your mother knows we’re leaving,” he reminded as he walked out of Spike’s room to grab his jacket and scarf.

“Mum, Rupert and I are headin’ to the pub,” Spike bellowed down the hall to his mother who was in the kitchen.

Giles rolled his eyes. “Dear Lord William, I could have bloody done that,” he grumbled exasperatedly.

“What?” Spike asked with a perplexed look on his face.

“Oh never mind,” Giles sighed.

Spike walked into the living room to see his mother standing there with a firm look on her face.

“William, I didn’t raise you to shout through the house like some heathen child,” Anne scolded.

“Sorry Mum,” Spike apologized.

“Now come here and let me put this scarf on you so you don’t catch your death of cold,” Anne fussed pulling her son to her to wrap a scarf firmly around his neck.

“Mum you’re gonna choke me,” Spike whined as his mother tied his scarf tightly.

“Nonsense,” Anne replied as she shook her head. Once she was satisfied that her son was warm enough to venture outside, she smiled and gave his cheek an affectionate pat.

Spike waited for his mother to turn her back and then tugged at his scarf to loosen it enough to breath. Checking his pockets to make sure he had his smokes and wallet, he sat on the couch to wait for his uncle.

Giles walked in the living room and turned to Spike. “Ready?”

Anne walked over to her brother and gave him a pointed look.

“Rupert what’s the point of wearing a scarf if you don’t tie it properly?” Anne scolded her younger brother as she turned her attention to tying his scarf in the same fashion she had her sons.

“Dear Lord Anne, what are you doing?” Giles complained as he tried to fend his sister off.

Anne yanked at the material around Giles’ neck and rolled her eyes. “Hold still Rupert,” she demanded.

“I swear you’re worse than William,” she pointed out with a shake of her head.

Spike sat on the couch snickering as he watched his mother treat his grown uncle in the way you would a wayward child.

Giles peered over his sister’s shoulder and shot his nephew a dirty look. “William you best keep your gob shut or you’ll be walking to the airport tomorrow,” he warned.

“Now, now, you know Mum would never have that,” Spike taunted his uncle.

Anne shook her head and let out an exasperated sigh. “I swear you two act like a couple of five year old boys instead of grown men.”

Spike got up from the couch and placed a kiss to his mother’s cheek. “Yeah, but you still love us,” he replied cheekily before heading out the door.

“Only god knows why,” Anne replied teasingly.

Giles pecked his sister’s cheek and headed towards the door. “We won’t be out too late,” he promised.

“Right,” Anne replied knowing better.

Then, giving her brother a warning look, she added, “And Rupert if you get my William drunk, you best find a place for the two of you to stay the night because I will have both your hides.”

Giles knew all to well of his sister’s wrath and had no intentions of seeing it anytime soon. “I would do no such thing,” he replied with an innocent look on his face.

“I mean it Rupert. William may be leaving tomorrow, but you’re stuck with me for another week,” she pointed out.

“Yes Anne,” he agreed and then turned to catch up with his nephew.
**************************************************************************************



Joyce let out a sigh of relief. “It’s negative,” she informed her daughter, who was beginning to turn a slight shade of blue from holding her breath.

Buffy snapped her eyes open and released the breath she had been holding. Negative. The word was music to her ears. Letting the relief wash over her, she walked in the bathroom and took the test from her mother’s hand. Sure enough, there was only one blue line.

Joyce had never been more relieved in her entire life. But now that she knew her daughter wasn’t pregnant, she was most definitely going to have a talk with her about responsibility.

“Buffy I’m glad things turned out good for you, but now we’re going to sit down and have a little talk,” Joyce informed her daughter with a look on her face that said ‘this is not up for discussion’.

Buffy knew there was no getting around talking to her mom, so she relented and agreed. “Alright, but if you start in on the birds and the bees, I am so out of here,” Buffy replied.

“No sweetie, I think you have that covered,” Joyce replied with a pointed look.

Buffy let out a groan. God this was going to be beyond embarrassing.


**************************************************************************************




Spike and his uncle were walking home from the pub in comfortable silence. They had had quite a few beers , but they weren’t exactly drunk, just more…. relaxed.

The urge to call Buffy was heavy on Spike’s mind, but he knew if Buffy thought for even a second that he had been drinking, she would be brassed off right n’ proper. Besides he knew if he talked to her he would end up spilling the surprise about him coming home. After all he did have a tendency to get loose lipped when he drank.

Giles looked over to his nephew. “William?”

“Yeah?” Spike answered glancing over at his uncle.

“Things must be pretty serious between you and Buffy for you to return home early,” Giles commented.

“I suppose,” Spike answered cautiously. What was his uncle trying to ask?

Giles had heard William on the phone the other day and over heard him talking to Buffy about a possible pregnancy. To say he was concerned was the very least. Knowing that beating around the bush wasn’t going to get him anywhere, he decided to take the blunt approach.

“William, is Buffy pregnant?”

Spike was completely taken aback by his uncle’s line of questioning. Where in the bloody hell had that come from? With a questioning look he asked, “Why do ask?”

“Well, I may have overheard you on the phone the other day,” Giles admitted sheepishly.

“You were ease dropping on my conversation?” Spike asked incredulously, anger evident in his voice.

“Not on purpose,” Giles defended. “I was passing by your room and I heard the word pregnant. So yes, it peaked my attention.”

“Regardless, you shouldn’t have been listenin’ to m’conversations,” Spike pointed out heatedly.

“Yes, I know it was wrong, but it still leaves the question, is Buffy pregnant?” Giles asked again, concern etched in his voice.

It was a question Spike didn’t have an answer to. Buffy still hadn’t taken a test the last time he had talked to her in the hopes that she would just start her period, but the question of whether or not they were going to be parents or not weighed heavily on both their minds.

“It’s possible,” Spike replied quietly.

“Bloody hell,” Giles groaned. How could his nephew be so stupid?

With a disappointed look he asked, “Have you spoken to your mother about this?”

“No, and you won’t say a bloody word to her,” Spike stated adamantly.

“She won’t hear anything from me, it’s not my place to tell her William,” Giles assured his nephew.

They had reached his mother’s house and Spike was glad for it. He really didn’t want to have to talk to his uncle about this now. All he wanted to think about was going home to Buffy. As far as the possibility of Buffy being pregnant, well they would have deal with that when he got home.

With a quick nod, Spike said a quick good night and walked in the house.

Giles watched his nephew walk in the door and let out a sigh. He would most definitely say an extra prayer tonight for William and Buffy, because if she was pregnant, all hell was going to break loose.
CH 50 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the no post yesterday, but I have a baby shower I had to get ready for today (NO not for me, one is more than enough, LOL!) Thanks to Brat, Karyn, Whitelighter354, MidnightGirl, beanmommy, Cordykitten, spikesbabi, Tuesday, Kristin, lindsay, LittleTigerBaby, Lisa, BuffyandSpikeForever, flibble, Carri, B, and Chelsea for the reviews! WEll only one more chap adn an epi' so enjoy! Discalimer in full effect.
A/N The song is Elvis Presley's 'Blue Christmas'. All rights and lyrics go to the credited people!





Buffy had listened to her mother talk for over two hours on the responsibilities of having a sexual relationship and she was sure that if she ever heard her mother say the words sex and her name in the same sentence again, it wouldn’t be too soon.

Buffy was sitting on her bed debating on whether to call Spike and tell him the good news. It was well after two in the morning in England so she figured Spike was already in bed by now. Buffy decided to call the only other person she could think of. Willow.

Pulling out her cell phone, she scanned through the phone book and dialed her red headed friend’s number. After several rings Willow’s voice mail picked up. Letting a frown cross her face, Buffy hung up with out leaving a message. Willow was probably having smoochie time with Oz and didn’t feel like answering her phone. Why couldn’t Spike be there so she could have smoochie time?

Letting a foul mood take over, Buffy flopped back on her bed and decided that if she had to be miserable, she might as well not be awake for it.


*************************************************************************************


Spike woke up late the next morning to the smell of eggs and bacon permeating the air. Never one to pass up a home cooked meal, he pulled on his jeans and sauntered into the kitchen.

Anne knew it wouldn’t be long before her son’s tummy would wake him up from his deep sleep. Ever since William was a young boy, he couldn’t resist the smell of breakfast being cooked in the morning, no matter what time he had gotten to sleep.

Anne turned around to see her son standing in the kitchen entranceway scratching his stomach and letting out a big yawn.

“William, I do hope you don’t walk around your dorm room like that,” Anne scolded. Her son had always been quite the exhibitionist.

Spike looked down and then looked back up at his mother.

“What? I have pants on,” he defended.

Anne set her son’s plate at the table and then gave him a pointed look. “Yes, but walking around half naked is far from appropriate when living with a young woman,” she pointed out giving her son the patented mother look.

Spike chuckled to himself. Huh. If his mother only knew. Buffy was lucky if he wore anything at all, but in his mother’s eyes he would always and forever be her innocent boy.

Shoveling a fork full of eggs in his mouth, he mumbled, “Thanks for the breakfast Mum, it seems like forever since I’ve had a home cooked meal.”

Anne sat down across from her son and sipped her cup of tea. “They don’t have a dining hall?” she asked.

“Yeah, but it’s bloody awful stuff. Mostly Buffy and I get take out,” Spike informed his mother.

Anne looked over at her son’s thin appearance. “No wonder you look so scrawny,” she observed.

Spike scrunched his brow. “M’not scrawny,” Spike defended.

Then flexing his muscles, he added, “See I still got m’guns.”

Anne let out a giggle. “William you vain thing you.”

Spike wolfed down the rest of his breakfast and sat back in his chair patting his stomach. “I’m gonna have to go on a diet when I get home. Probably gained at least ten pounds since I’ve been home,” he teased.


Anne took Spike’s plate and brought it to the sink to wash. “If I had you a bit longer I could easily get another ten to fifteen on you,” she replied trying to sound playful, but she couldn’t keep the sadness from her voice.

Spike couldn’t see his mother’s face, but he knew there was a sad look in her eyes. He really did feel bad for leaving early, but he missed Buffy so much.

Getting up from his chair, he walked over and leaned on the counter next to the sink. “Mum are you sure you’re okay with me leaving tonight?”

Anne dried her hands and turned to look into her son’s big blue eyes. He looked so much like his father it was almost scary. Cupping his chiseled cheeks in her frail hands, she smiled warmly.

“I’m sure. You should be with Buffy. But promise me that next year you’ll stay longer and bring this young girl with you,” Anne requested.

Spike took his mothers hands from his face and gave them an affectionate squeeze. “I promise,” he replied with a warm smile.

Anne felt her emotions getting the better of her. “Go on William and get cleaned up, it’s already after noon and I want to have all the time I can with you before you have to leave.”

“You’ll come to the airport, yeah?” Spike asked hopefully.

“I think it might be better for Rupert to take you,” Anne replied in a teary voice.

“I understand Mum,” Spike assured her. He knew his mother would be a blubbering mess if she actually went to see him off and that would just make him feel more awful than he already did.

Anne gave her son a grateful smile. “Good, now hurry up and we can go to the shops so I can find a little something for my future daughter-n-law,” she replied slyly.

Spike stared at his mother wide eyed and slacked jawed. She had just referred to Buffy as her future daughter-n-law. At a loss for words, he fumbled, “Wha’…but…uh, uh…Mum?”

Anne merely smiled and pushed her son out the kitchen towards the bathroom. She knew her son well enough to know that she wouldn’t be disappointed.
*************************************************************************************


Buffy woke up early that morning so she could call Spike and tell him the good news, but was only disappointed when she found that he was out with his mother. She wanted to call his cell phone, but she knew the bill would be outrageous, and it wasn’t exactly an emergency, so she would just wait and call him later.

Bouncing down the stairs, she went and sat down in the dining room with her parents, still in her pajamas.

Hanks Summers looked over the edge of his paper and smiled.

“Morning sweetie,” he greeted.

“Morning Daddy,” Buffy chirped in response.

“Well you’re in a good mood this morning,” Hank observed.

Joyce looked up from her bowl of fruit and gave her daughter a knowing look. If her husband only knew.

“Just excited about Christmas I guess,” Buffy covered.

“Well it’s good to see you happy sweetie,” Joyce commented with a soft smile.

Buffy looked over at her mom and mouthed a silent “thank you”. Joyce nodded her head and turned her attention back to her breakfast.

Buffy felt her belly begin to grumble and headed to the kitchen to get something to eat. Sitting at the bar she greeted the house keeper brightly. “Morning Maggie.”

Maggie turned to look over at Buffy with a big smile on her thin face. “Well good morning sunshine, what can I get you to eat?”

“The fruit salad mom was eating looked good, how about just some of that?”

“How about some of my famous pancakes to go along with it,” Maggie taunted.

“Oh, a woman after my own heart,” Buffy gushed wistfully.

Maggie let out a chuckle and went to work on Buffy’s breakfast. Glancing over her shoulder, she commented, “You can go and sit with your folks and I’ll bring out your food as soon as it’s done if you like.”

“Nah, I think I’ll just sit in here with you if you don’t mind.”

“Not at all, you know I always love your company,” Maggie replied fondly.

Once Maggie had the batter for the pancakes ready she looked over at Buffy with a twinkle in her eye. “Now tell me about this young man that has you so over the moon.”

Buffy got a dreamy look on her face as she told Maggie about Spike.

“Well, he is the sweetest guy I’ve ever meet. He does little things like leave love notes around our dorm or when we get take out he always gets what I want even if he has to go to a totally different place to get it,” Buffy explained.


Maggie smiled knowingly. “Sounds like he’s quite the catch,” she commented as she piled some pancakes on Buffy’s plate.

Most definitely. You should see it Maggie, all the girls on campus shoot daggers at me when we walk down the halls together, it’s great,” Buffy replied giddily.

Maggie had to laugh. Only young love would appreciate jealous stares. She had watched Buffy grow up and now she was a woman in love. Pulling out the fruit salad, Maggie filled Buffy’s plate with a generous amount and put the plate in front of her.

“Here you go. Maggie’s famous pancakes and fruit salad.”

Buffy felt her mouth begin to water. “This looks so good,” she gushed. Giving Maggie her best smile she asked, “Do you think I could get some whipped cream?”

Maggie pulled out the whipped cream and put on the counter next to Buffy. “Here you go, but make sure you save some for the next time you want pancakes,” she teased.

Buffy picked up the full can and sprayed a generous amount on her food. “What are you talking about? This is a full can.”

“Don’t think that I don’t see you when you tip that can up and squirt it in your mouth,” Maggie replied knowingly.

Buffy blushed. “Caught me did you?”

Maggie gave her a knowing look and went to her task of cleaning the kitchen while Buffy continued to eat her breakfast, hearing the occasional sound of a whipped cream can being sprayed into her mouth.
**************************************************************************************


Spike had all his bags ready to go and was sitting on the couch. He only had ten minutes left before Giles took him to the airport. His mother was in the kitchen making him a bag of goodies to take on the trip.

He had spent all day out shopping with his mother for a gift for Buffy. They had gone in every store and after what felt like an eternity, his mother had settled on a nice baby blue angora sweater and matching cream and blue stripped scarf. He was positive that Buffy would absolutely love it.

Looking at the clock, he noticed that he only had a few more minutes until he had to leave. Walking in the kitchen he saw his mother leaning against the counter making small choked sobs.

“Mum don’t cry,” he asked softly, wrapping his strong arms around his small mother.

Anne rested her cheek against her son’s chest, wiping away her tears. “Sorry, I’m just going to miss you so much,” she whispered.

“I’ll miss you too, but you’ll be in Sunnydale in the spring, so it won’t be too bad,” Spike soothed his weeping mother.

Anne pulled from her son’s embrace and smiled warmly, despite her tears. “You’re right, only four months and then we’ll be together again,” she replied optimistically.

Spike crouched down and looked his mother in the eyes as he wiped away her tears with the pad of his thumb. “So no more tears?”

Anne took her son’s hand and gave it an affectionate squeeze. “No more tears,” she promised.

Giles stood in the kitchen entrance. “William it’s time to leave,” he informed his nephew softly.

Spike looked to his uncle and gave him a quick nod.

Giles let his sister and nephew have their privacy and left to put Spike’s things in the car.

Spike turned back to his mother and wrapped her in a warm embrace. Placing a kiss to the top of her head, he murmured into her hair, “I love you Mum. Happy Christmas.”

Anne buried her face into her son’s chest and inhaled deeply. He smelled just like his father; smoke, soap, and something that was uniquely Livingston men. With a heavy sigh she pulled from her son’s embrace and looked deep in his blue eyes.

“I love you too William and Happy Christmas. Do take care of yourself and Buffy. I know I’ve never actually met the young girl, but if she’s half as wonderful as you say she is, then I love her already,” Anne admitted.

Spike felt a knot rise in his throat. Saying goodbye to his mother was harder than he had imagined. Fighting back tears, he placed one last kiss to his mother’s cheek and quickly walked out of the kitchen before his emotions got the better of him.

Anne watched her only son walk out of her kitchen and heard the door shut softly behind him. Letting a tear fall from her eye, she took a seat at the breakfast table and let out a ragged breath. She knew in her heart that she had made the right decision to let William go. Sure it was hard for a mother to watch her only child leave, but in the end it was for the best.

Anne was lost in her thoughts when the telephone rang. With a heavy sigh, she got up and answered the phone.

“Hello?”

“Hello, this is Buffy Summers, is Spi- William there?” Buffy asked remembering to use his given name.

Anne smiled into the phone. “Ah Buffy dear, how are you?” she asked in a sweet voice.

“Fine thank you, are you enjoying your time with William?” Buffy asked politely.

Anne tried her best to cover her glum mood. “Very much, but I’m afraid William isn’t here right now.”

“Oh, well do you know when he might be back?” Buffy asked curiously. She hadn’t talked to Spike all day and she was beginning to worry.

“Sorry dear, he didn’t say when he would be back,” Anne covered. In all honesty, she really didn’t know when William would come back to England.

“I see, well can you just let him know I called,” Buffy asked, disappointment evident in her voice.

Anne hated to hear the young girl on the other end of the phone so disappointed, but knew she had to keep her son’s trip a secret. With amusement in her voice, she replied. “I’m sure he’ll call first thing when he gets in dear, that I’m sure of.”

“I appreciate it Ms. Livingston,” Buffy replied gratefully.

“Please call me Anne, we’re practically family,” Anne insisted.

Buffy felt her mouth go dry. Had Spike’s mother said ‘practically family’? With a hint of nervousness, she replied, “Okay, Anne.” Somehow calling Spike’s mother by her first name felt odd.

“Well I know you don’t want to waste your long distance hearing an old woman go on about nothing, so I’ll let you go dear, but I will tell William you called as soon as I hear from him,” Anne assured her.

“Thank you again, and Merry Christmas.”

“Happy Christmas to you too Buffy and I hope you get everything you want,” Anne commented knowingly.

“Thank you, goodbye.”

“Goodbye dear,” Anne said before getting off the phone.


Buffy hung up and let a frown cross her face. Where in the hell was Spike? She hadn’t heard from him all day and it would be way too late to call back later. It was official. This was the worst Christmas ever. Clutching Mr. Gordo to her chest, Buffy turned on the radio and let her tears fall as Elvis Presley’s ‘Blue Christmas’ played on the radio.


“I'll have a Blue Christmas without you

I'll be so blue just thinking about you

Decorations of red on a green Christmas tree

Won't be the same dear, if you're not here with me



And when those blue snowflakes start fallin'

That's when those blue memories start callin'

You'll be doin' all right in your Christmas of white,

But I'll have a blue, blue Christmas



I'll have a Blue Christmas that's certain

And when that blue heartache starts hurtin'

You'll be doin' all right, with your Christmas of white,

But I'll have a blue, blue, blue, blue Christmas”
CH 51 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Thanks to MidnightGirl, Whitelighter354, spuffette, Cordykitten, spikesbabi, Lisa, flibble, lindsay, Carri, B, BuffyandSpikeForever, Chelsea, Kristin, LittleTigerBaby, and TXJMFAN for the reviews, y'all are freakin' awsome! I found out my fic 'Someday' got nominated at the Spuffy awards for best fantasy saga!! I would totally appreciate it if you droped in and cast a vote! Enjoy! Disclaimer in full effect
Spike arrived in Los Angeles a little after six in the morning. He was surprised by how many people were actually traveling on Christmas morning. His flight had been uneventful, but he was jet lagged beyond belief.

After going through customs, Spike looked at his cell phone and noticed it was a quarter to seven. He hoped that Buffy would still be asleep when he got to her parents house. He planned on surprising her first thing when she came down the stairs.

Making his way out the sliding doors, Spike saw a flower stand off to the corner. His mother had always taught him to never go to a lady’s house empty handed, so he grabbed a bundle of red and white roses for Buffy and a beautiful poinsettia for Joyce. He paid for his flowers and then hurried off to get a cab back to campus so he could grab his car and go and surprise the woman of his dreams.

His cab pulled into the campus parking lot and he practically jumped out before the car had pulled to a complete stop. He knocked on the trunk a few times signaling the cabby to pop the trunk. Once he had grabbed his bags, he walked over to the driver’s window and asked, “How much do I owe you mate?”

“That’ll be $21.50,” the cab driver grumbled.

Spike passed the driver thirty bucks and gave him a quick nod. “Merry Christmas,” he called over his shoulder as he ran to his car and tossed his bags in the back seat.

“You too,” The cabby replied and then drove off.

Spike jumped in the driver’s seat and put the keys in the ignition. He turned the key and thanked the heavens above when it started on the first try. With a smile firmly in place, Spike pulled out of the campus parking lot and headed toward Buffy’s parents’ house.


***********************************************************************************


Buffy cracked her eye open and looked at the clock on the nightstand. It was almost 7:30. Normally she would have already been down the stairs and half way through unwrapping gifts by now, but she just didn’t have it in her this morning. Rolling over, she buried her face in the pillow and willed herself to try and go back to sleep.


Joyce stood at the bottom of the stairs and looked up with a concerned look on her face. Buffy was normally up by now and she hadn’t heard so much as a footstep from her daughters room. She was just about to go up and check on her daughter when she heard the doorbell ring. With a furrowed brow, she walked over to answer the door wondering who in the world would be stopping by at this time of morning.

Spike stood outside the Summers’ residence, flowers in hand and his carryon over his shoulder with his gifts safely tucked away. He rang the doorbell and waited impatiently for someone to answer the door.

Joyce opened the door and let a shocked look cross her face. “William, what in the world are you doing here?” she gasped as she stepped aside to let him in.

Spike walked in and smiled as he handed Joyce her poinsettia. “This is for you Mrs. Summers, Merry Christmas.”

Joyce took the small plant from Spike and set it on the sofa table next to the door. “They’re gorgeous William, thank you,” she replied politely.

Spike remembered that he had something else for Joyce and lifted the flap on his carryon. “Here, I almost forgot,” he said as he pulled out a large box of English chocolates. “These are m’mum’s favorites, so I thought you might like them,” he commented with a shy smile.

“I tell you what, if you weren’t already taken,” Joyce teased.

Spike felt his eyes grow wide. “Huh?” he replied dumbly.

Joyce gave him a knowing look. “Let’s just say that some things came to light over the last two days.” Then letting her look turn more serious, she added, “And I think the three of us should all sit down and have a little talk.”

Spike wasn’t exactly sure what Joyce was getting at, but he knew better than to ask questions. He nodded his head mutely and swallowed hard. He could see who Buffy got her pointed looks from.

Joyce quickly let a smile take over her features and asked brightly, “So when did you get back?”

Spike was still slightly nervous about Joyce’s sudden change of attitude. His voice wavering slightly, he answered, “About two hours ago.”

Joyce could tell the boy was uneasy and let out a chuckle. “William, why don’t you go in the family room and I’ll go run and get Buffy,” she suggested.

“Don’t tell her I’m here, it’s a surprise,” Spike told her quickly with a grin on his face.

Joyce smiled and shook her head. “You do know my daughter hates surprises, right?”

“Yeah, but I don’t think she’ll mind this one,” Spike replied with a smirk firmly in place.

“Oh I know she won’t,” Joyce replied, chuckling softly as she went to get her daughter. No she won’t mind at all.

Buffy heard the doorbell ring and let out a groan. Her great aunt Maurine must be here already. It’s not that she didn’t love her aunt; it was just that every time she came over she would go on and on about how thin Buffy had gotten and tell her how if she didn’t put on some weight, she’d never get herself a man.

Joyce knocked on her daughter’s door and called out softly, “Buffy sweetie, why don’t you come on down stairs and come see what you have under the tree.” It took everything Joyce had not to burst into her daughter’s room and tell her that William was down stairs waiting for her.

Buffy rolled out of bed and opened her door. “Fine let’s go downstairs,” she relented grumpily as she walked past her mother.

Joyce winced at her daughter’s appearance and grabbed her arm. Her hair was a disheveled mess from sleep and she was sure she probably needed to brush her teeth. “Don’t you want to freshen up a bit?” she suggested. If she let her daughter walk down stairs looking like that, Buffy was sure to kill her.

Buffy let out an aggravated sigh. “Fine, tell Aunt Maurine I’ll be down in a minute.”

Joyce fought back the urge to laugh as she smoothed down her daughter’s hair and kissed the top of her head. “Sure thing sweetie,” she replied slightly amused.

Buffy frowned and then turned to go in her bathroom. Her mother was acting weird and she couldn’t quite figure out why. With a shrug of her shoulders, she pulled out her hairbrush and ran it through her hair before she quickly brushed her teeth.

With a heavy sigh, she looked in the mirror and scrunched up her nose. She looked like she hadn’t slept in a week. Well she hadn’t slept well that was for sure. Looking down at her wrist, she rubbed her charm bracelet and fought back tears. She might as well go on downstairs and get this day over with.

“She’ll be down in a minute,’ Joyce informed Spike giddily. “I’ll just be in the study with Hank so you to can have a minute to yourselves.”

Spike smiled appreciatively and let out a breath. The anticipation was killing him. He swore if Buffy was up there taking a shower he would take her over his knee right and proper.

Spike suddenly got the image of Buffy laid over his knee bare bottomed and felt a stirring in his tight faded blue jeans. Bloody hell, it wouldn’t do any good to get himself all worked up and then have to sit with a damn stiffy while having to play nice with the parents.

Spike quickly conjured up unpleasant thoughts to will away the hard on that was becoming more than noticeable in his jeans. Once he was satisfied it was less noticeable, he stood up and waited for Buffy to come down the stairs.

Buffy trudged downstairs and looked in the formal living room. “Mom, Dad?” she called out curiously. With a shrug, she headed to the family room to see if they were in there.

When Spike heard the voice of his angel he felt his heart begin to slam in his chest. Quickly, he pulled out a bow from his jacket pocket that he had swiped from his mother’s house and placed it on top of his head. As he heard her footsteps approaching, he let out a quiet breath and waited for her to enter the room.

Buffy walked into the family room and nearly passed out at the sight before her. She blinked her eyes several times thinking that she must be dreaming because, there he was. The one and only thing she wanted for Christmas was standing in her parents’ family room.

In a disbelieving voice, she whispered, “Spike?”

Spike stood there with a dazzling smile on his beautiful face. “Merry Christmas Buffy,” he drawled in a low husky tone.

Hearing his voice shocked Buffy into the realization that he was really there. With a loud squeal, Buffy ran across the room and jumped in Spike’s arms.

“SPIKE!!!!!!!!”

Spike had to steady himself as Buffy wrapped her arms and legs around him. He hugged her close to him, reveling in the feel of her warm body pressed to his. He knew now that he could never be away from his girl again.

“God Buffy I missed you so much,” Spike gushed as he began to pepper Buffy’s face with kisses.

Buffy let her tears fall. “Spike, I missed you too. I can’t believe you’re here,” Buffy whimpered.

Spike found Buffy’s lips and ran his tongue across her bottom lip, begging for entrance. When she parted her lips willingly, Spike let his tongue slip into the moist cavern of her mouth to dance lazily with hers, making up for all the time they had been apart.

Joyce and Hank left the study and walked into the family room. When Joyce saw her daughter caught up in a passionate kiss, she blushed and turned to her husband who looked like he was about to blow his top. She quickly pulled him from the room and into the hallway before he could interrupt their daughter and William.

“Hank before you go in there and try to rip the boy’s head off, hear me out,” Joyce tried to calm her husband.

“Are you kidding me?! Did you not see him mauling our daughter in there?” Hank asked incredulously as he pointed in the direction of the family room.

Joyce gave him an amused look. “Hank, I believe it was the other way around,” she pointed out.

“I’m not finding you very amusing Joyce,” Hank commented dryly.

“Buffy isn’t t a little girl anymore Hank, she’s a young woman who just happens to be in love with the boy that you’re about to go and dismember. Now you have two options. Well really only one, but I have to make it seem like your making a choice,” she teased. “Now you can go in there and threaten William with every inch of his life and have your daughter hate you forever, or you can accept the fact that Buffy is in love and let her live her own life.”

Hank looked down at his wife. “Since I really only get one choice I choose the threatening of his life,” he grumbled.

Joyce gave her husband a warning look. “Hank.”

“Fine, I won’t kill the boy,” Hank relented, than with a menacing look he added, “But if he hurts my baby…”

“I know, you’ll make him wish he was never born,” Joyce drawled as she rolled her eyes.

Hank let an evil smile cross his face. “No, but I’ll find someone who will.”

Joyce smacked her husband in the arm and glared at him. “I swear you can such a boob sometimes.”

Hank took his wife in his arms and placed a heated kiss to her lips. “But you still love me,” he replied huskily.

Joyce shook her head and smiled. “God help me I do.”


Buffy pulled away from Spike panting heavily.

“I love you,” she whispered, still trying to catch her breath.

Spike leaned his forehead against Buffy’s. “I love you too kitten, missed you so much,” he gushed panting just as heavily as she was.

Buffy unwrapped her legs from Spike’s waist so she could stand on her own two feet.

Spike jutted his lip out in a pout. “What’d you do that for?”

“Figured I should get down before my dad catches me all over you like some rabid dog,” Buffy pointed out.

“Too late,” Hank spoke up as he and Joyce walked into the room.

Buffy turned to look at her father with wide eyes. “Daddy,” she squeaked out.

“Is there something you’d like to tell me sweetie?” Hank asked in a calm tone.

Buffy looked up at Spike and then turned back to her father. “Daddy, I think you better sit down.”




A/N Oh! There is another chap THEN the epi, sorry! Kuddos!
CH 52 by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Thanks to spuffette, spikesbabi, Cordykitten, MidnightGirl, sirc, lindsay, Furvus, brat, jennybean, BuffyandSpikeForever, txjmfan, and txjmfan for the reviews! Well just the epi left! Enjoy! Disclaimer in full effect.
Buffy and Spike sat hand in hand on the couch across from Buffy’s parents. Buffy looked over at her mother for support and Joyce gave her a warm smile and nodded for her to tell her father the news.

Buffy took a deep breath and looked into her father’s eyes.

“Daddy, Sp- William and I are in a relationship. We have been together for about a month and…” she trailed off and looked over at Spike who was smiling lovingly at her. Looking back at her father she let a determined look cross her face. “I love him,” she stated matter a factly.

Hank looked at his daughter with an unreadable look on his face. “I see, and does William here return your affections,” he asked in a calm voice.

Joyce elbowed her husband in the side and gave him a pointed look. She knew her husband wasn’t going to be able to help himself in torturing the kids.

Hank turned to his wife and winked before turning back to the couple sitting on the couch across from him with an expressionless look again.

Spike sat forward and chose that time to say something.

“Sir, I love your daughter more than anything in this world,” Spike confessed proudly.

“I want you to know that I have only the best of intentions when it comes to Buffy. I would never do anything to hurt her, on this you have my word,” Spike assured Hank.

Buffy felt tears swim in her eyes at Spike’s heart warming promise. She could feel deep down in her soul that Spike meant every single word. She squeezed his hand to get his attention. When she met his cobalt eyes, she gave him a watery smile and mouthed, “I love you.”

Spike leaned his forehead against hers and whispered, “Love you too, always and forever,” and placed a chaste kiss to her lips.

Hank watched his daughter and the man that had just confessed his undying love for his daughter. It reminded him of how he felt for his wife still after all of these years. Looking over at his wife, he saw the unshed tears in her eyes as she gazed adoringly at the love struck couple in front of them.

Hank turned back to Buffy and Spike and cleared his throat to get their attention.

“Well William, I believe you’ve more than proven to me that you love my daughter,” Hank stated with a smile.

Buffy turned to her father with hopeful eyes. “Does this mean you won’t make me move back home?”

“You can stay in the dorms,” he agreed.

“But as soon as the housing office susses out your living situation, then one of you will move out and in to a new dorm,” Hank demanded determinedly.

Buffy got up from the couch and rushed to her father, wrapping her arms around his neck. “Thank you Daddy,” Buffy gushed gratefully.

Spike got up and walked over to Hank and Joyce. Hank let go of his daughter and stood up. Spike stuck out his hand to Hank. Hank took the offered hand and gave it a firm shake.

“Thank you Mr. Summers, your approval means the world to me,” Spike confessed.

“As long as you keep my daughter happy, then you’ll always have my blessing,” Hank replied.

Joyce couldn’t stand it any longer. She took Spike in her arms and wrapped him in a warm hug.

“William, I can’t tell you how happy I am to see you and Buffy finally together.”

Spike pulled back and gave Joyce a lopsided grin. “Thanks Joyce,” he replied gratefully.

Hank put his arm around his daughter’s shoulder and spoke up so everyone could hear him. “How about we get started on all of this stuff under the tree before Christmas rolls back around,” he joked

They sat around the tree together, opening gifts and laughing over light conversation. Spike was surprised when Joyce handed him a present. It was a nice black button down shirt that could either be dressed up or worn casually.

Spike looked up at Joyce and smiled shyly. “Thank you so much.”

“You’re welcome. I wasn’t to sure what to get, but Buffy had said you wore a lot of black, so I figured I was safe going with that shirt,” She confessed.

Buffy leaned in and whispered in Spike’s ear. “And I helped pick it out, you should have seen some of the shirts she picked up,” she told him and then pulled a face.

Spike let out a chuckle and then smiled at his girlfriend as he mouthed “Thank you.”

After her parents got up and left the two love birds alone, Buffy took Spike’s hand in hers and sat them down on the couch.

“Spike I’m so glad you’re home. This has to be the best Christmas present ever,” she gushed as she placed a kiss firmly on his lips.

“Well I just couldn’t be away from my girl on her favorite holiday now could I?” Spike asked tweaking the end of her nose.

Spike placed a quick kiss to Buffy’s lips before he garbed his carryon and pulled out Buffy’s present from his mother.

Spike handed her the package with an excited smile on his face. “Here, this is from m’ mum.”

Buffy took the package from Spike and started tearing into the paper.

“Sorry it’s not in a box, but Mum wanted to make sure it would fit in m’carryon.” Spike explained.

Buffy let out a gasp. Folded up neatly was the most gorgeous sweater and matching scarf she had ever seen. When she picked it up to have a better look, a small note fell out. Picking it up, she unfolded the paper and read the neat penmanship.

Buffy,
This is just a small token of my gratitude for making my son deliriously happy.
My real gift to you is William. Do take care of him. He has such a big heart
that he wears on his sleeve, so please guard it well. I know we’ve never met
but I feel as if I know you already. I hope you and yours have a wonderful
holiday and a very merry New Year. I count the days until we will finally meet.
Love Always,
Anne
P.S. By the way, as part of the agreement of William coming home to you, he
has promised me that your first born will be named after me, so I suggest you start
hoping for a girl now!

Buffy folded the note and looked at Spike with a raised brow. “So our first born huh?”

Spike looked at Buffy with a confused look. “Huh?”

Buffy just simply handed Spike the note and watched his cheeks turn an adorable shade of pink as he read his mother’s final words.

“But we won’t have to start hopin’ for a girl anytime soon will we?” Spike asked nervously.

Buffy had forgotten that she still hadn’t told Spike their good news. Letting a huge grin cross her face, she replied. “No, not in the near future anyway.”

“So you mean?” Spike asked hopefully.

“No baby,” she answered as she shook her head and smiled.

For some reason this news didn’t make him as happy as he thought it would. The idea of Buffy carrying his child caused a feeling to stir within him that he couldn’t quite explain. Spike smiled brightly at Buffy and wrapped her in his arms.

“That’s wonderful kitten.”

Buffy pulled back and looked at Spike somewhat confused. “Spike you don’t sound as excited as I thought you would.”

“No, it’s nothing like that,” Spike assured her.

“Are you disappointed that I’m not pregnant?” Buffy asked disbelievingly.

“No, not disappointed. It’s just that the idea of you havin’ m’baby sounds nice is all,” he admitted looking in her eyes, trying to gage what she was thinking.

Buffy was surprised to say the least. Spike had thought about them having babies together. With a watery smile, she asked, “Spike you’ve actually thought about us that far in the future?” Her voice was filled with awe.

“Buffy I can’t think of anyone I’d rather spend the rest of my life with,” Spike confessed whole-heartedly.

Buffy captured Spike’s lips in a loving kiss as hot tears rolled down her cheeks.

Spike pulled away and cupped Buffy’s cheeks in his hands. “I love you Buffy, you’re my always and forever.”

“I love you too Spike, always and forever.”

They sat there; Buffy nestled comfortably in Spike’s arms, exchanging words of love and devotion. This was indeed one Christmas that they truly had gotten the only thing they wanted most. Each other.

**************************************************************************************


Buffy laid on her side with Spike spooned snug behind her. Since they had gotten home from her parents house they had made love all night long and now the sun was slowly rising on the horizon.

Buffy intertwined her fingers with Spike’s and asked quietly, “Spike are you awake?”

“Mmm hmm,” he murmured against her shoulder.

“Did you mean what you said about spending the rest of your life with me?” she asked softly.

Spike rolled them so he was on top of her and he could let her see in his eyes how much he truly meant it.

“Buffy I have never felt this way about anyone before in my whole life. Just the thought of being apart from you makes my heart hurt. When I said I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you I meant it. Don’t ever doubt how much I love you. You’re the one, my soul mate,” Spike confessed with unshed tears in his eyes.

Buffy felt like she couldn’t breath. Spike’s words stirred emotions within her that she never knew existed. Feeling her own tears begin to surface, she pulled Spike down to her and devoured his lips in a fiery kiss, conveying all the love she felt for him.

Spike moaned softly into Buffy’s mouth as his cock began to sir between them.

When Buffy felt Spike’s now hard member against her stomach, she reached over and grabbed a condom off the nightstand, never breaking the kiss. With expertise she never knew she had, she tore open the wrapper and slipped the latex on Spike until he was fully sheathed, throwing the wrapper to the floor.

Buffy spread her legs so Spike was nestled between them and took his cock in her hand, guiding it home.

When Spike felt his prick head enter Buffy, he tore his mouth from hers and let out a groan from deep within his chest.

Buffy let out a gasp as Spike entered her to the hilt. It amazed her how he filled her so completely. Buffy could already feel the ache building within her womb and Spike hadn’t even made a single move.

Spike slowly began to thrust his hips needing to draw out this moment as long as possible. If he was to die at that very moment, he would go out a happy man, deep inside the woman that he loved.

Buffy wrapped her legs around Spike’s slender waist pulling him as close to her as possible as she dug her fingers into his shoulder blades.

“Uh Spike, can’t get you close enough,” Buffy moaned.

Spike tucked his arms under Buffy’s and held her by her shoulders, thrusting deep within her.

“Uhhh… Buffy, love you ….so much,” Spike grunted as he picked up the pace of his thrusts.

With this new position Spike was hitting her sweet spot with every thrust. And without warning her orgasm washed over her like a tidal wave.

“Oh God Spike, Ahhh yes!!!!!” she whimpered as tears rolled down her cheeks. She had read in a magazine once about an orgasm being so intense that it could bring you to tears but up until now, she never thought it was possible.

Spike felt Buffy’s tight channel convulse around him and felt his own release fast approaching. With a few final thrusts Spike buried his face in the crock of Buffy’s neck.

“Oh fuck! Buffy…ah feel so…bloody good, UNGHHH,” he whimpered as her pussy milked him dry.

Spike felt Buffy’s tears on his cheek and lifted his head to look down at her with concerned eyes. “Oh god Buffy, I didn’t hurt you did I?”

Buffy shook her head. “No, it was just so intense that I just couldn’t keep it all in,” she assured him.

Spike kissed away her tears and rolled to the side, taking the used condom and putting it in a tissue before throwing it in the trash.

Buffy rolled over and saw the sun shining brightly in the window. They had literally made love till the sun came up.

Spike scooted behind Buffy till has body was flush against her back once again. Wrapping his arms around Buffy he pulled her as close to him as possible with out being under her skin.

Buffy let a smile cross her face. “Spike did you ever think we would end up like this? She asked lazily.

“Of course kitten, you didn’t?” Spike asked as he nuzzled her neck.

“I don’t know, maybe,” Buffy confessed. Then rolling over to face Spike she grinned. “And to think this all stared as us being the most unlikely of roommates.”

Spike let a sexy grin curl at his lips as he replied, “That we were luv, that we most definitely were.”
Epilogue by beasleysmom
Author's Notes:
Well kiddies this is it! I want to thank each and everyone of you who has stuck with me on this. A special thanks to Mac, my beautiful beta, you are one in a million girl! I hope to see all of you on the next project, wich will be up and going soon! Kuddos and much luv to you all! Angela aka beasleysmom
Six years later

Buffy stood at the edge of the stage with her fellow graduates waiting patently for them to call her name. It almost seemed surreal. All her hard work had finally paid off and she was finally going to get her doctorates in medicine.

As the students in front of her crossed the stage, she looked out over the crowd. When she spotted the person that had been there through it all she smiled brightly and made a small wave.

“Elizabeth Anne Livingston,” The honored alumnus called out into the large coliseum.

Spike watched as his wife crossed the stage with a proud smile on his face. She had followed her dream and now she was going to be a doctor, just as she had always hoped. He had never been so proud of her as he was right now.

As the ceremony continued Spike thought back over the last six years. They had been the best and worst six years of his entire life.

Shortly after their first Christmas they had gotten engaged and then married the following year. They some how managed to always find time for one another despite their heavy school schedules. But when Spike had finished his law degree and Buffy was starting her residency was when things got tough.

Spike would be stuck at the firm for fourteen to fifteen hours a day and Buffy would be on twelve hour over night rotations at the hospital. They would sometimes go weeks without seeing each other and after awhile it stared to take its toll. Spike wasn’t sure that they were strong enough to withstand so much stress, but Buffy had assured him that they would get through this and that it wouldn’t last forever.

Spike was amazed that they had survived those times, but here they were, stronger and more in love than ever because of it.

The commencement ceremony ended and Spike surveyed the crowded building for his wife.

Anne put a hand on her son’s shoulder. “William. Buffy will find you, don’t worry,” she tried.

“You know that boy can go barely ten minutes with Buffy out of his sight,” Joyce commented knowingly.

Anne turned to Joyce. “It would seem so; he hasn’t stopped fidgeting since the ceremony ended.”

“Leave the boy alone,” Hank scolded the two women. “We should be so lucky that Buffy found someone as protective of her as I am.”

Anne and Joyce both shared a look that clearly stated ‘Men, what do they know?’.

Giles saw Buffy out of the corner of his eye and tapped Spike on the shoulder. “I do believe there is someone looking for you.”

Spike whipped his head around and smiled brightly.

“Oi! Buffy, over here,” Spike yelled across the crowd.

Buffy turned in the direction of her husband’s voice and let out a squeal as she ran and jumped in his arms.

Spike planted a kiss soundly on her lips as he spun her around.

Buffy let out a giggle. “Spike put me down,” she protested half-heartedly.

Spike put Buffy on her feet and handed her a huge bouquet of roses. “So tell me how does it feel to be a graduate Dr. Livingston?” Spike asked.

Buffy brought the flowers to her nose and smiled. They were the same kind of roses Spike had bought her on their date all those years ago. “You remembered,” she gushed as tears began to pool in her eyes.

“Of course I remembered. That was the most amazing night of my life, well besides our honeymoon,” Spike replied with a dead sexy smirk.

Hank walked up behind them. “Okay dad present so enough of all that,” Hank teased.

Buffy felt her cheeks burn with embarrassment. “Daddy!”

Hank handed his daughter another bouquet of flowers before he wrapped his arms around his daughter in a warm hug.

“I’m so proud of you sweetie.” Hank confessed emotionally.

“I couldn’t have done it with out you,” Buffy gushed feeling fresh tears fill her eyes.

Joyce, Anne, and Giles all walked over to congratulate the new doctor of the family.

“Buffy congratulations, I always knew you would succeed,” Giles said as he handed her more flowers and gave Buffy a warm hug.

“Thanks Giles, I’m so glad you could make it.”

“I wouldn’t have missed it for the world, and besides, William practically threatened me with my life if I didn’t show,” Giles teased.

“Bloody right, this is one of the most important days of my girl’s life, and be hell or high water, ‘er family was gonna be ‘ere,” Spike commented as he wrapped his arm around Buffy’s shoulder and kissed her temple.

Buffy rolled her eyes playfully as she patted her husband’s stomach. “Whatever would I do without you?”

“Be graduatin’ by your lonesome,” Spike teased.

Anne came over and held her arms out to Buffy. “Let me get a hug from my favorite daughter-n-law,” she demanded.

Buffy wrapped her arms around Anne and pointed out, “I’m your only daughter-n-law.”

Anne pulled back and grinned. “Well I guess it’s a good thing you’re my favorite,” She quipped.

Buffy let out a full laugh. “Yeah I guess so.”

“Buffy I’m so proud of you,” Joyce gushed, teary eyed and held out her arms to her daughter.

Buffy fell into her mothers arms. “Thanks Mom,” she sniffled as her emotions finally got the better of her.

Spike watched as Buffy hugged her mother and all of his family stood around wiping away their own tears. This was indeed a good day.

Spike was about to start collecting all of Buffy’s flowers when he felt a small hand grab his arm.

“Hey you,” Buffy said wrapping Spike’s arms around her waist.

“Hey yourself,” Spike replied ad he leaned in and nuzzled the tender flesh on Buffy’s neck.

Buffy bit back a moan. “Spike you better quit that,” she warned.

“What’s the matter luv?” Spike asked in a husky voice.

Buffy captured Spike’s lips in a searing kiss to let him know exactly what was the matter.

Everything faded away as Spike let his tongue dance with Buffy’s in the age old dance that they had been practicing for so many years now. He was sure that he would never get tired of kissing this girl.

Joyce and Anne watched as their children stood oblivious of those around them, letting all their love and passion sweep them away.

“So do you think now that Buffy’s gonna be around all those babies we might finally find ourselves grandmums?” Anne asked with a smile.

Joyce crossed hr fingers. “Here’s to hoping.”

Buffy and Spike both turned to look at their mothers when they heard talk about babies. Buffy looked at Spike and whispered. “They’re doing it again.”

“Does the day end in ‘y’ luv,” Spike teased.

“Well who knows, maybe one of these days we’ll get around to having one,” Buffy hinted to her husband.

“Yeah maybe, but for now, we can enjoy practicing,” Spike purred.

Buffy rolled her eyes and grabbed her husband’s hand. “Come on; let’s get everyone out of here.”

Spike agreed and asked, “Sure thing, but what do you have in mind?”

Buffy looked over her shoulder and gave Spike a coy look. “I don’t know, maybe we could go home and practice,” she teased.

Spike let out a growl as he followed Buffy over to where their family was waiting.

No one would have predicted that he and Buffy would be where they were today, but that’s the thing with fate. It can take two people, even the most unlikely of roommates and go and turn them into the only thing everyone dreams of, soul mates.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=12977