It Never Really Ended by BuffyThatVampireSlayer
Summary: Angel Liams and Buffy Summers were the most popular couple at Sunnydale High School. Then one day Angel developed a crush on Cordelia Chase. He broke up with Buffy, devestated she decided to get him back. The comes William. Buffy's once best friend fromt he fourth grade turned bad boy. They hate each other now, But Spike hates Angel more. So when Buffy tells him her plan to make Angel jealous, he's all for it. But while feigning love, will they find real love in each other?
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 5293 Read: 3950 Published: 07/28/2005 Updated: 06/15/2006

1. It's A Something by BuffyThatVampireSlayer

2. Him!? by BuffyThatVampireSlayer

3. Twisted Games by BuffyThatVampireSlayer

4. Almost okay by BuffyThatVampireSlayer

It's A Something by BuffyThatVampireSlayer
Author's Notes:
***THE PROLOGUE ISN'T ACTUALLY PART OF THE STORY, JUST EXPLAINS THINGS. SOME CHARACTERS ARE FROM OTHER MOVIES! ***
Prologue!
________

So, there she was: perfection. The envy of every girl. Object of lust to every man.

Her hair was gold, framed her face in blond curls. Her big eyes were emerald green and lined with dark liner, mascara and a hint of golden eye shadow. A cute button nose which gave just the slightest curve upward. Her lips were full and kissable, painted with cotton candy lip gloss. Feet covered only by strappy sandals. The sandals were 'pure white' and matched a white skirt and pink lace halter top. Her legs were long and tan. Her hips, curvy, ass perfect, stomach was taut and breasts were full and perky.

...Perfection.


With her usual group of friends: Kendra - A Beautiful Jamaican exchange student.


Anya - A loud out going strawberry blond.

Willow - A quiet redhead .

And Faith - The 'bad girl' with a hidden sweet side.

All popular - All cheerleaders.

...Not like Buffy.

Then there was Angel:

Riley
Graham
Oz
Xander

All dating one of them

Xander with Anya

Riley with Faith

Kendra with Graham

Willow with Oz

and of course: Angel and Buffy.

Buffy was the daughter of the wealthy Hank Summers. A 'car' business man with millions. Married to the beautiful Joyce. Angel was the son of Rupert Giles- Liams. A ex-professor and wealthy author. Married to Jenny. They met during freshmen yea and now, as juniors, seemed so much in love.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Buffy's group of friends had their own stories too:

- Kendra's parents died, so she moved in with a rich family.

- Willow's mother is a counselor and world famous author of numerous Psychology books while her father died.

- Anya lived here all her life. Her stepfather, Richard Wilkins, is the mayor.

- Faith, once Boston trash, moved to Sunnydale. Her adopted parents were rich as well and is 'sisters' with Senior snob: Cordelia Chase.

Just like a high school drama all the pretty popular girls are rich.

But also like the typical drama, there's always a group of bad boys.

Spike.

Buffy's ex- best friend, since he began dating her younger sister, Dawn, in freshmen year.

He was, of course, chiseled and gorgeous from...well...all over. From the sexiest British accent ever. Peroxide blond hair, icy blue eyes, pale skin, a chest which was often shown off by a tight black t-shirt. Perfect ass which was shown off by tight black jeans.

His crew was equally sexy:

John Bender: A tall, tough guy with witty comebacks and a sexy presence. His hair was long, perfect. Eyes big and dark.

Angelus: Angel's twin brother with the biggest criminal record of any 17 year old.

Sebastian Valmont - A once rich playboy who's dad lost all his money while gambling.

"Spike", who was the still William, was Buffy's best friend from fourth grade until freshman year. Buffy had come back developed and so had her sister. Then 13, Dawn and Spike who was then 15 hit it off. Unfortunately big sister Buffy didn't like the idea . After good girl Buffy ended their friendship he became rebellious. And that was that...


*** Now Onto The Actual Story!!***


Chapter 1 ---


"You see that touchdown Angel scored yesterday, man?" Riley said. One arm slung around his girlfriend; Faith. The other arm knocked gently into Angel's arm.

"Pretty wicked, Angel." Faith agreed. Her long, dark hair was free around her face. Eyes covered with black make up. Her lips a shade of crimson. Since she'd become friends with Buffy's 'gang', she'd begun to dress a bit more tasteful. However; they still called her the rogue cheerleader. Today was leather pants and a red tank top.

Angel didn't even look up as Faith spoke to him, which made Buffy nudge him slightly. He jumped, looking startled.

" What's wrong?" Buffy asked softly.

"Nothing, babe.." Truth was..it was Cordelia. Why? He'd known her forever! But yesterday, when he looked at her and she looked back, it all seemed to mean more.

"Really?"

"Buffy, have I ever lied to you?" Angel asked.

She just smiled and forgot about it.

"Yeah. Great game that was," he added half heartedly and pulled Buffy closer to him. Why did he want Cordelia? The girl he was holding was prettier, richer, more popular, and a lot nicer to him. So why?

Again, Angel was spacing out. Buffy growled and grabbed his arm. Yanking him from his seat. He followed her out side where she leaned against the wall of ' Wesley's Diner'. Folding her arms under her chest.

"What's wrong with you tonight, Angel? I mean, you say you're fine, then you space out. You're not even interested in talking about football."

"Nothing," he said blankly.

"It's a something."

" Just..." he sighed heavily, " I've been noticing other people, I guess, maybe.. I don't love you anymore. Maybe...we should break up.."

"What?" she said, obviously hurt. Tears stung her eyes and she sniffled, "who?"

"Cordelia..."

"Oh, my God..No!" she quickly shook her head toward him in disbelief. Angel went to wrap his arms around her and she roughly pushed him away.

"Buffy..."

"Angel I still love you..."

"I--"

"Shut the fuck up!" Angel's eyes widened when he heard this. Normally Buffy wouldn't use such language. "You don't 'know' anything!" wiping the back of her hand across both eyes to dry her tears she opened her mouth to speak, but then shook her head and walked away.

Angel walked back into the diner. Facing the table his eight friends sat at.

"Guys," he began, "Me and Buffy broke up.." everyone's mouth dropped, but no one said a word.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Her eyes were red and puffy...she needed a way to get him back.

...Make him jealous!

Who does Angel hate most?

...Spike.

Bad thing was: Buffy hated him almost equally as much.

Well, a girl's gotta do whatever she can!

And right that moment she found herself infront of "Desecrated". A club Spike and his crew often crowded. She walked in and immediately felt out of place.

|| I want you||
|| I need you ||
|| I want you to be mine tonight ||

The music pounded and Buffy recognized it. A favorite of Spike's he used to play continuously.

Motley Crue - Piece of your action

|| You need me ||
|| You tease me||
|| Use you up, throw you away||

Then she saw him...Wow. She'd forgotten how hot he was.

|| Your fire||
|| Taking me higher||
|| Don't burn me, don't let me down.||

Slowly, she sauntered over to him. All three of his friends scoffed.

"I need your help," she said.

"What makes you think I like you enough to help you?"

"Please?" She practically begged.

" Do somethin' for me then, luv."

||You need me now||
||I'll teach you how||
||C'mon let's go all the way||

Suddenly Buffy leaned down closer to his ear. The hot breath and pumping of the music had to make it one of the hottest things ever.

"You get to spite Angel..."

"Just tell me what to do," he said, smirking.

"He...broke up with me. I need to make him jealous. Since he hates you so much, perfect."

" Sex? Kissing? Hugging, cuddles? What?"

" Your standard lovey-dovey relationship. Kissing, yes. Hugging, cuddling.."

"Sex?" he said hopeful.

"Ugh, pig." she scoffed.

"Sex, Buffy. If I don't get at least a semi-guarantee, well. No. Deal."

God this was hard! Was saying she might have sex with him too much?

"Maybe." Guess not...

"Deal then babe? We gotta hang with your crew tomorrow then?"

"Yes, and if you do a good enough job some cash maybe in it for you." she added, eyebrows raised.

"How much?"

"$1500"

"Just cling to my arm and call me honey then, sweets."

"Pleasure doing business with you." she lightly smacked her hand flatly against his chest before turning around and walking out.

Bender looked over at him, tossing his hair back.

"What the fuck was that about?"

"$1500 to date the girl, plus possible sexual benefits. Until she makes her boyfriend jealous." Spike said with a shrug. Bender let out and almost animalistic growl, Spike only grinned.


* * * * * * * * * *

(Bufy's house -- 11:00 PM.)

She gripped the phone tighter in her hand as she poured her heart out about the breakup to her friend.

"God, Buffy that must have been horrible." Willow said sympathetically.

"But..."

"There's a but?"

"I found a way to get him back...."

"Tell!" she squealed, excited.

"He hates Spike, Spike is going to pose as my boyfriend to make Angel jealous. Brilliant, huh?"

"Wow, yeah. Good luck!"

"Well, I better go. Don't tell anyone about this!" she warned.

"I won't, promise."

"Love ya, Wills."

"Love ya, Buffy."

"Nighty!"

"Night, night."

And they both set the phone down at the same time. Buffy wearing pink pajama shorts and a pajama tank top. She crawled into bed and tugged the covers up over her body. Nuzzling sleepily into the pillow.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(7:00 AM)

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

She groaned groggily.

And opened her eyes up from the buzz of the alarm. Slapping it to silence. She slowly pushed the covers down and ran to the bathroom. Taking a quick shower. She dried the long blonde curls and walked back to her bedroom.

7:35 AM

She quickly dressed...

... she needed sexy today.

Pulling out a black lace thong and matching bra she quickly dressed into a short black skirt, see thru black long sleeve shirt which easily became more sexy then slutty with the matching bra. Slipping on strappy black sandals she ran downstairs out to her red corvette. Once fired up she looked at the clock.

7:51 AM

She wouldn't be late to school until 8:30, but she hung with her crew 'till then. She quickly pulled out and drove as quickly as possible to school. Slamming into a spot.

7:59

And there was Spike, waiting, "'Ey Pet."

She got out of the car and walked over to him, lacing her fingers with his. She started over to her group and spotted Cordelia nuzzled to Angel. His eyes widened when he saw his once girl with Spike. Spike sat down before her and Buffy sat down on him. They looked almost obscene.

Then Angel opened his mouth and said...
Him!? by BuffyThatVampireSlayer
"Him!?" He practically shouted , everyone's mouth dropped. Both Buffy and Spike acted as if it were completely normal.

"I mean I heard you had a new boyfriend, but him?" Angel finished, Buffy placed a single kiss on Spike's lips and when he bit back playfully she giggled.

"What's wrong with it Angel? " she spat out his name as if it were the most disgusting thing she'd ever said.

"It's completely unconventional!"

"Chill out ponce, you got your bird. Let it go!"

Spike was right wasn't he? So why did jealousy spark inside him every time they kissed? Or she wiggled on his lap and gave Spike's growing erection a tiny grind. Buffy flipped open her cell phone as Spike nibbled along her neck. 8:10 AM. She closed it and shoved it back into her purse. Slinging it back over her shoulder, she wrapped her arms around Spike's neck. Willow only grinned at Angel's reaction and nuzzled into Oz.

"Mmm, Spike moaned as Buffy bit his neck, "I love you baby."


"I love you more!" she replied and Spike playfully pinched at her sides. Making Buffy squeal and giggle in reply.

"OK!" Angel spoke up, "does anyone find this a bit disturbing?"

"Actually it's pretty cute," Willow nodded.

"Yeah, " Faith agreed.

Angel scoffed and watched as they both nipped and kissed at each others' mouthes. Angel breathed a sigh of relief as the 5-minute bell rang. Every one quickly scrambled to the front of the school and pushed their way inside. Spike stopped at Buffy's locker and kissed her hand before heading away to his own locker. Buffy looked over at Willow who was grinning. The blond grinned back as she yanked her locker open and pulled her chemistry book and notebook out. Willow chuckled and leaned over,

"You're one smart-cookie."

"I have another idea. Bronze tonight?"

"Yes! I'll tell everyone. You bringin' Spike?"

"Of course! Angel's gonna get a taste of real sexuality."

"muah muah, bye Buffy!"

"See ya Will!" they both hurried to class.
Twisted Games by BuffyThatVampireSlayer
Author's Notes:
** Reviews keep me goin! Keep em comin' =) **
A large mirror about 5'8" in height stood in front of Buffy Summers. she was looking over every little detail of what she and Willow named the 'perfect outfit to make Angel drool.' The spaghetti strap tank-top was coated with sparkles and colored a cotton candy pink. A short, white silk skirt. A pair of strappy white sandals, three- inch heels. Her hair was tightly curled and hung around her shoulders. Buffy Anne Summers looked better then any supermodel. Then the phone rang, and Buffy picked it up,

"Hello?"

"Hey Buffy!" Willow peeped.

"Hey!"

"You ready?"

"And lookin' hotter then ever!"

"I'm leavin now, see ya there?"

"Bye! And yes!"

They both hung up at the same time. One last turn in the mirror and she was ready. Grinning to herself she then walked from her house. Ready to make Angel more jealous then he'd ever been.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The Bronze
______________________________________


"Buffy! You're here!"

"Duh, Will!"

And there was Spike. When did he get so hot? And when did she began to get jealous when other girls noticed it too? Buffy just shook it off. She'd definitely show them that he was here with her. Coming up behind him she firmly grasped his arm.

"Hey Baby," she seductively whispered into his ear. He turned around and to Buffy's surprise , looked happy to see her.

"Ready?"

"Always," she replied with a grin. He took Buffy's hand as they walked into the Bronze and seated themselves with everyone. Looking over everyone except for Angel, Buffy cheerily said, "Hi!"

"Buffy..we need to talk..." Angel told her in all seriousness.

"Oh! After this song Angel! I love it... Spike come dance with me.." without even giving him a chance to respond Buffy pulled him from his seat and pulled him toward the dance floor as the words for the song "heartbreaker" began to pound throughout the club.


|| Your love is like a tidal wave||
|| Spinnin' over my head||
|| Drownin' me in your promises||
|| Better left unsaid||

Her hips began to gyrate and sway to the beat of the song against Spike's pelvis. He slowly ground himself back into her and Buffy bent over and let her perfect, taut ass rub against him while he bumped hard against it. Looking almost as if they were having sex. She then swung her head up letting all that perfect golden hair swing sensually as she wrapped both arms around Spike's neck. Still grinding her ass into him. The blonde male's hands began to travel down her neck and breasts and over her stomach before firmly grasping both her thighs and pulling HIS girl against him. Angel watched this display, and felt like dying as he watched his once innocent Buffy throw such obscene movements around on the dance floor. And what hurt most was she would NEVER do that with him unless it was in the bedroom.

|| You're the right kind of sinner||
||To release my inner fantasy||
|| The invincible winner||
|| That you know that you were born to be.||

Buffy's hands slowly began to travel down Spike's sides and thighs as she danced with him to the music. Her hips swaying right on with the beat, and the only words that could be used to describe it were 'pure sex'.

||You're a heartbreaker.||
||Dream maker||
|| Love taker||
|| Don't you mess around with me||

Spike the roughly grabbed Buffy's hips and spun her to face him. Her crotch was pressed to his and he threw her leg over his hip, grinding into her. Buffy threw her head back, blonde curls dancing everywhere. All their friends were awed by this public display of intimacy.

||Your love has set my soul on fire||
||burnin out of control||
|| you taught me the ways of desire||
|| now it's takin it's toll.||

And just then Angel pushed out of his seat and roughly pulled Buffy away from Spike and out of the club. The door was slammed shut, right when Spike was about to go after them Willow grabbed his arm and shook her head. Spike scowled and walked back to the table.

"What the HELL are you doing!? He's SPIKE! Are you really that dumb that you're...actually...WITH him? Do you have any idea how much of a slut you looked like?" and the insults continued pouring from his mouth when Buffy slapped him hard.

"What about you, you hypocrite? Cordelia? We've hated her since we were kids, and now you're dating her? You dumped me for a slut who used to make fun of you! How could you do that to me? How!?! And then you fucking try and impose on my new relationship?"

"Buffy!--" he began and then was interrupted.

"No! If you don't like Spike, fine. But when you...say things like that after ending up with her...I don't care anymore. You're lucky they even hang out with you anymore. The only reason you're upset is because I'm fine. And not upset. I'm sorry if I was supposed to spend the rest of the year mooning over your Angel, but I've moved on. To someone a lot better. So unless you're apologizing, or you want me back, Fuck. You." Then she turned and walked back into the Bronze. The only thing running through Angel's mind was...Bitch. And he completely lost his temper. Swinging the bronze door open and roughly pushing through people he grabbed Buffy's arm and slammed her against a near by wall. And before he...or anyone knew it...his hand had connected with her face and he punched her.

"Don't you ever talk to me like that again!" He yelled to her. Spike watched this, he got up seconds after she was hit and grabbed the back of Angel's silk, button up black shirt almost tearing it from his body in the process and he pulled him away from Buffy and slammed his fist across Angel's face. Blood began to leak from his nose as both Riley and Xander pulled him off their...once best friend. And there was Buffy, against the wall crying. In shock. Willow went to comfort her but Spike pulled away from the two football players and grabbed the red head's shoulder. She understood as Spike walked over to her. Opening his arms, the girl willingly fell into them and she nuzzled into his shoulder. Crying her eyes out as Spike softly stroked her hair. And then...he felt something. Did he have feelings for her?
Almost okay by BuffyThatVampireSlayer
Author's Notes:
Sorry it took so damn long to write this :)
Buffy lay in her bed, contemplating what Angel had done to her yesterday. Why would he have done that to her? All those things she'd said were true. Angel had left her for some wannabe girl. A girl who went around lied just to be like Buffy. She wasn't even as pretty as Buffy! Sure, her boobs were bigger. But her face was so much harder. Nothing compared to Buffy's bright green eyes and full pink lips. She felt another tear fall down her cheek, dripping from her chin and onto the plain, cotton tank top. Making another small dot of water on the shirt. Just then a small knock came from the other side of the door. She quickly grabbed a tissue and wiped away her tears. Taking some of her eye make up with it, and wiping her nose with the back of her hand.

" Come in!" she yelled and in Spike came. Her face automatically lit up and she smiled, "Hey."

"Hey" he mimicked, " How are you?"

" I'm okay.." She replied.

"Don't lie...I can see it..." Spike said.

" I don't know...I'm just surprised and hurt, I guess. Angel has never hit me before."

"He might do it again."

"I know. But maybe I was wrong. I mean I can be a bitch.."

"No. You never deserve that."

She just drew her knees into her chest and laid her head down onto her knees. Closing her eyes tightly as if she did it tight enough the world would just fall away.

Spike came up and slid onto the bed next to her.

"Everything used to be so easy. And now I don't understand anything."

Spike ran a hand gently up her back.

"Ultimately Buffy, I guess it's up to you."

"Yeah..."

"Well get up. Let's get you to school."

"Do I gotta?"

"It's a lot bloody better then sitting around here thinking about it all day."

"Okay. Let me get dressed and I'll be down there in a second."

"Awww, our deal doesn't include letting me watch you change?" he joked and stood up after she did.

"Spike!" she squealed, but then those icy blue eyes and looking at those lips made her want to strip for him, "Yeah."

"What?"

"Yeah. Sit down." she said with a grin. '

Spike obeyed and took a seat down on the bed. She slowly peeled her tank top off and stretched her hands over her head. Letting him get a nice, long look at her full perky breasts with their hard, pink nipples. Nipples her would do anything to touch. God he just wanted to do the dirtiest things to her body right now. She ran her hands over her boobs and taut stomach. She slowly pulled the string on her short and let them pool around her feet. He moaned in appreciation when he saw her tight body in nothing but a small, red g-string. She rolled her hips like a stripper before walking over to her dresser and grabbing a pair of Daisy Dukes, a matching bra, and a tank top. She pulled them all on slowly. Giving Spike one last, long glimpse. Then - she pulled her 4-inch heel white sandals on and slung her bag over her shoulder.

"K. Let's get going." he stood up, inhaled sharply, and watched Buffy's adorable little ass prance right out of the room. Her looked down and saw his dick straining against his jeans.

God was she ever gorgeous.

He waited a minute to follow her, and then did. She was waiting for him in the car. Looking innocent as ever. He climbed into the car and started it up. Finding it almost impossible to look her in the eye.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunnydale High School 8:06 a.m.
_ _ _ _ _ _

Buffy Summers stepped from the car along with Spike. She began confidently walking toward the school but Spike grabbed her arm.

" Are you sure you're ready?" he asked.

" I'm always ready." she answered.

" That's my girl, " he said only loud enough for her to hear as they walked toward her friends sitting in their usual circle. She had to smile at his comment.

They slowly approached the group and she desperately tried to keep her eyes off Angel.

"Hey B." Faith said, and she could hear a spark of sympathy in her voice.

"Hey Faith."

Spike took a seat on the bench next to Riley and Buffy sat on his knee. He wrapped his arms around her and nuzzled into her hair. Inhaling the sweet scent of her Strawberry Shampoo - mixing with some of the sexiest perfume he'd ever smelled.


Everyone around them was watching them. Like they were the most interesting, loving couple in the world.

"So! Buffy, got any plans tonight? I mean this great band is playing at the Bronze - did you guys wanna go?" Willow said, finally breaking the silence.

"Um, sure. Spike, wanna go?" Buffy said with a completely fake, plastered on smile.

" Sure, baby, if you want to I will."

"We're gonna go, too. " Angel said of him and Cordelia.

"Yeah us, too." Faith said - visibly glaring at Angel.

Kendra and Graham and Anya and Xander just nodded.

"Great, get there at about 8:00..." Willow said.

"Great. We're gonna get goin' now. But I'll see you guys tonight. Ciao." She grabbed Spike's hand and tugged him off.

"Are you gonna be okay tonight?"

"Having you there will help. But yeah."

"Do you still want Angel back?"

"Yeah," her response came out a lot less sure then she'd wanted it to.

"Right. Well um, I'll see you after class."

"Definitely."

"Bye, Babe." he said and leaned down to kiss her. Almost as if this whole dating thing they're doing is actually real.

He smiled at her and walked off.

Being with Spike made her feel surprisingly whole inside. She sighed and walked off to her first hour.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

2:57 P.M. -- Last Hour

_ _ _ _ _

Today school seemed like it took days.

She just sat there with her chin leaning against her palm. Thinking, her eyes were glossed over and she looked almost dead to the world.


The bell rang and she jumped. Slowly getting out of her seat and walking out. Not even bothering to stop and put her books in her locker. She just wanted to be home. She rushed to the car and there was Spike waiting. Sitting there in the car as if he'd wait there forever for her. She slipped into the car and was silent as Spike drove her home. Continuously thinking about what she should do.

"Want me to come back at 8:00 to pick you up, luv?" he asked when they'd arrived at her house.

" You can come in and stay until 8:00...if you want.." She offered.

" Course I will if you want me to , luv."

"Thanks." she said and smiled. Getting out and walking right into her house. She glanced at the clock and then tossed her house keys on the counter.

"My mom isn't home so we can pretty much do anything that we want."

A million dirty things ran through Spike's mind at that offer and she got it.

" Oh um, that sounded really slutty..."

"No, pet, it didn't. Don't worry."

" Are we friends again?"

"Why?"

"Cause...I mean...we used to be friends. Then we weren't. And now you're being nicer then I ever remember you being - even before. So...I was just...wondering."

"Yeah. We're friends." he ran his fingers through her honey blonde hair and she smiled. She felt more at home with Spike then she could ever remember feeling with Angel. But Angel was...well supposed to be the love of her lifetime. And she had to try everything to get him back...

______________________________________________________________________________

7:56 P.M.
- - - - - - -



"Buffy! Come on we're gonna be late." Spike called at her.

"I'm comin!" she called back to him and he just shook his head as if to say 'women'.

Buffy emerged from the upstairs, sauntering down every last step. Looking completely perfect in a white silk dress that had a plunging neck line and was littered with tiny rhinestones. It cut up to about two inches or so above her knees. Showing off long, sun kissed legs. Her hair was straighted and her make up looked so perfect...but also so perfectly natural. She looked like an angel.

His angel.

"I'm ready."

Spike couldn't say anything for about a minute. His breath just caught in his throat and he had to sharply inhale.

"Spike?"

"Yeah Kitten, Let's go." he said and got up finally. They both went out and got in the car, heading off to the Bronze.

When they arrived everyone else around them seemed to think Buffy was an Angel too. The males didn't hoot, they stared with an almost cartoonish wide-eyed stare. She walked in and immediately saw her friends. Walking over to them she smiled and said a small, quiet 'hey' before scooting into one of the tall chairs.

To say the least, the night started out awkward. Barley anyone talked. And Buffy refrained from making eye contact with Angel at all. In fear that he may ask her to talk, and hit her again.

No more blame
I'm destined to keep you sane
Gotta rescue the flame
Gotta rescue the flame in your heart

Spike lovingly wrapped his arms around a heartbroken Buffy who looked as though she was about to cry. He couldn't let her cry here, not in front of that ponce.

"Baby, dance with me." he said simply, brushing her hair away from her face. She nodded and followed him out the the dance floor. Clinging to him and resting her head on his shoulder.

No more blood
I'll be there for you, my love
I will stand by your side
The world has forsaken my girl

"Don't let him get to you, Kitten..." he said softly, stroking her hair. She felt like she was about to cry.

Should've seen it would be this way
Should've known from the start what she's up to
When you've loved and you lost someone
You know what it feels like to lose

He could feel her nails digging into his shoulders. He could hear her saying 'don't, don't, don't.' As if she didn't want to show her pain. Her confusion and frustration. Confusion and frustration he was feeling too.

She's fading away
Away from this world
Drifting like a feather
She's not like the other girls

"Just cry, luv. I'm here." he told her, holding her tightly against him like everything would be alright no matter what. Because he was here for her.

She lives in the clouds
And talks to the birds
Hopeless little one
She's not like the other girls, I know

"I can't..." she mumbled softly into his shoulder.

"Baby..you need to. Let it go. No one will see you, or hear you.." He kissed the top of her head and that was it. She let it out. Softly sniffling and whimpering into his shirt while he felt the shoulder getting soaked with the salty evidence of pain. It hurt him almost more then he could stand to hear her make those sounds.

No more shame
She has felt too much pain in her life
In her mind she's repeating the words
All the love you put out will return to you

They just stood there swaying gently in the middle of the Bronze while her friends sat there, onlooking like it was just a simple display of affection when in all reality Buffy was pouring her pain out onto Spike.

She's fading away
Away from this world
Drifting like a feather
She's not like the other girls
She lives in the clouds
And talks to the birds
Hopeless little one
She's not like the other girls, I know.

And in those moments Spike knew...that he wanted to do this forever.

To be this angel's rock whenever she needed one.

And to do whatever he could to make her happy.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=13348