Little Sister by GoldenBuffy
Summary: Set: AU Buffy is Angel’s little sister, and Spike is his best friend. After asking Buffy to be the lead singer in their band Spike relies that there is more to his feelings towards Buffy than his view of her as his “little” sister, but will Buffy return his feelings or smash him back to reality?
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 15 Completed: No Word count: 50864 Read: 14771 Published: 07/31/2005 Updated: 04/19/2006

1. Chapter 1: Just Another Day by GoldenBuffy

2. Chapter 2: New Beginnings by GoldenBuffy

3. Chapter 3: Weekend Upon Us by GoldenBuffy

4. Chapter 4: Say What? by GoldenBuffy

5. Chapter 5: Ooops My Bad! by GoldenBuffy

6. Chapter 6: Realities by GoldenBuffy

7. Chapter 7: So…Now What? by GoldenBuffy

8. Chapter 8: Hears Your Answer… by GoldenBuffy

9. Chapter 9: Friends by GoldenBuffy

10. Chapter 10: Subtle Sighs by GoldenBuffy

11. Chapter 11: Friends Redo by GoldenBuffy

12. Chapter 12: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by GoldenBuffy

13. Chapter 13: Ain't No Sunshine by GoldenBuffy

14. Chapter 14:Feelings by GoldenBuffy

15. Chapter 15: Pretty in Pink (Sortta) by GoldenBuffy

Chapter 1: Just Another Day by GoldenBuffy
Author's Notes:
This story goes between PG to NC-17
Disclaimer: I own none of these characters only borrowed them, Buffy and co. belong to Joss, Mutant Enemy, and all that good stuff. Thanks for creating them for us, please don’t sue. ^-^

**********************
Chapter 1: Just Another Day






The music boomed and shook throughout the house as Joyce readjusted her earplugs for the umpteenth time that evening. This was one of those days she wished they had a garage attached to their home. Glancing at the clock on the VCR she realized that soon their practice would be over.

********************
“Ahhhh, it still doesn’t sound right. I can’t hit that one note.” Buffy exclaimed folding her arms over her chest, leering at her brother Angel.


“Buff, don’t worry about it. You sound fine,” Parker tried to reassure her.



“Yeah Buffy, don’t over stress yourself. It isn’t like your singing some love ballad, its rock, its edgy, its hard. You have the perfect voice for it. Am I right?” Angel finished up, glancing over at his best friend.


Spike stood there removing his guitar and placing it into its carrying case, which showed its age. It was held together with duct tape and had old ratty stickers of punk bands of old pealing off of it.


“You sound fine Buffy.” He said in his most reassuring tone.


Buffy looked at the three boys, rolled her eyes and moved her way to the steps to head into the kitchen.
“Fine, I just…not in the mood sounding for like a toad in front of an audience,” she muttered to herself. Without a glance back, she ascended the steps and opened the door, entering the kitchen. Buffy walked over to the fridge and pulled out a diet coke. Turning to the dishwasher she removed a glass and poured her drink into it. Sighing, she sat at the island and took a drink. After placing her glass in the sink she went up to her room. ‘A night of Bronzing is in order,’ she thought reaching inside her closet to remove some clothing.

********************

With a quick knock Angel opened her door “Hey squirt phone for you,” he said with a chuckle. Oh, Buffy hated when he called her that, just because he loomed over her like some Neanderthal didn’t mean he had to rub it in. And damn it… she was a girl she was allowed to be short and frilly.



Throwing a pair of sweaty socks at him she dove on her bed reaching over the nightstand to grab the phone.


“Speak to me…hey Wills…yeah I did we’re done…ok I was going to be there anyways…see ya.”



Jumping up, Buffy headed to the bathroom for a quick shower. She emerged 15 minutes later and returned to her room. She removed her towel and grabbed her black lace bra and panty set pulled them on, then reached for her hip- hugger camouflage pants. She then grabbed her white thermal like undershirt and slipped them on. Looking in the mirror, she decided she needed another shirt, She pulled out her favorite black one with the words “Plunder Bunny” written in pink.


She quickly sat at her vanity, pulled her hair dryer out, plugged it in and dried her hair. Tussling it twice for good measure, she sprayed some fair spray and applied a dab of lip gloss. Rummaging around in her sock drawer, she pulled out a pair of hunter green army socks, pulled them on then grabbed her combat boots and laced them up. She grabbed her mini black back pack to place her basics inside; money, house keys and pepper spray for jerks who couldn’t take ”NO” for an answer, when her hand knocked some papers down from the top shelf of her closet.


Buffy bent over to retrieve them, flipping through them quickly to see what they were when she came across a picture. It was her ex-best friends Cordilia, Anya and Harmony. She balled the picture up in her fists and throws it into the corner of the closet then stormed out.


Buffy walked down the street on the way to the Bronze deep in thought. It had only been a year and this was her senior year in high school, but so many things had changed that quickly. The brief run in with that picture flooded Buffy’s brain with memories. She wasn’t upset with the changes in her life. She was happy, she was no longer conceited and stuck up, and a heartless bitch, and she had a best friend to prove it. She just wished it hadn’t taken her so long to realize how self-absorbed she had become and how many people she had managed to hurt.


She kicked at a rock that was in her way and sighed again as she thought how fast Willow had forgiven her of her past and accepted her as a friend. She knew for a fact that if she ever treated someone like that, she wouldn’t even want to be in the same room with them, let alone friends. Willow was the complete opposite of her. Where Buffy was wild, Willow was calm, where Buffy was loud Willow was quiet. But she guessed that’s what she always admired about Willow, and even though Willow was quiet, she was never afraid to stand up to Cordelia and the rest.


Buffy approached the Bronze to find Willow and Tara waiting for her. Willow was wearing a fuzzy green sweater and a pair of pink jeans. She had her hair pulled back into a ponytail with a funky looking hair clip. Tara was wearing a cute soft pink peasant blouse with bell sleeves and an ankle length loose fitting black skirt with a floral design.


The three greeted each other, paid the cover charge and went inside. They found Oz sitting at their usual table. The trio greeted Oz, and he replied with a nod of the head. Tara said down next to him and he placed his arm over the back of her set, which caused Tara to blush.


“So you ready for Saturday?” Oz asked leaning in to the table a bit to be heard over the music.



“Ready as I’ll ever be,” Buffy replied with a half smile.


“What you have stage fright…that’s hard to believe with you being like Ms. Spring two years in a row…and being whole ‘Ms. Popular’ for like ever…and…Buffy?”



Buffy looked at her friends and shrugged her shoulders. “I just can’t seem to nail this one chord, and its bothering me.” She looked down at the table and began to play with the napkin that was there. “I just want to blow everyone socks off in the good way.”


Oz thought about what she said for a moment “It’s cool. We all feel like that at times, but don’t worry you’ll do fine.”


Buffy agreed and tried to enjoy her time hanging out, but she couldn’t get that nagging feeling out of her head. She knew she sounded good but when Buffy put her mind to something she had to ‘perfect’ it. And she needed to do it with the song she was going to open with Saturday night. After an hour, She decided to head home. She need some sleep and time to rest her voice.
**********************
Chapter 2: New Beginnings by GoldenBuffy
*****************************
Chapter 2: New Beginnings

Friday was looking to be a good day so far, the sun was shinning and it was pleasantly warm for a spring day in California. Buffy had just walked up to Sunnydale High and spotted Willow standing under a tree digging through her book bag. Buffy pulled at her hot pink mini skit, she tugged to fix it straight. She walked over to her friend with a smile.

“Hey Wills.”

“Hey Buffy.” Willow replied without looking up, still looking for what ever it was in book bag. She glanced up at her friend “Nice outfit… very retro.”

Buffy had put a lot of thought into her outfit, like she always did, but this time she was quite sure she’d outdone herself. She was sporting a mini hot pink skirt with matching ¾ sleeved shirt, black leggings, one gold and one black belt that hung on her hips, with huge shinny buckles on them. Her ears sported two large circular earrings, and Buffy’s hair was left down to trail her face, with shabby bangs. Completing the look her feet were encased in some black sling back shoes.

“Oooooo look, it’s a Madonna reject.” Cordelia spat out between a tight-lipped fake smile and a perfectly arched eyebrow.

Buffy rolled her eyes but didn’t bother to turn around to face her ex-friend. Willow glared at the trio and continued to dig around in her book bag.

“Really Cordy,” Buffy spat out “I don’t have time for this. So unless you have something to say to me, GET. OUT. OF. MY. FACE.”

“Rude much! Not like I wanted to waste time with your reject ass anyway.”

“Yeah!” Anya and Harmony added.

With a flick of her manicured nails Cordelia, Anya and Harmony strolled off.

The bell rang to start the new school day. Buffy was sitting in 2ed period Math. She looked out the window watching the cars drive down the street, Willow was telling her something but her mind was to occupied, about her performance the following night.

Her brain still hadn’t rested but she figured her voice couldn’t get any better, plus she couldn’t ignore the fact that Angel and Spike in their twisted way, assured her everything was fine.

Times like this she wished they didn’t graduate last year, and then she’d have them to cheer her up when she started to mope like this. In between her thoughts the classroom door opened and in walked a very good-looking young man.

All eyes shot to him, stalking his pace. He was dressed in overly baggy denim jeans that hung bellow his hips with the label “phat farm” on them, with a red and white plaid short-sleeved shirt, a white undershirt peeking through its top. And the young teen had a smooth dark complexion, and a completely baldhead.

“Hello, who is the hottie?” Cordelia whispered to her friends who started to giggle a bit still ogling the newbie.

After taking the class schedule from the boy, Mr. Stolch looked at the name then placed it under his attendance folder. He cleared his throat to get the classes attention.

“Class it seems we have a new student in our mist” He gestured to Gunn. His name is Charles Gunn, and I would like you to do your best to make him feel welcomed.”

Gunn looked at his fellow students, his eyes landing on Cordelia and her crew, he flashed this a cocky grin, which she returned.

***************************************

Willow was taking a bite of her tuna sandwich when Buffy forcefully placed her lunch tray down, followed by Buffy tossing herself down in her chair.

“What’s up? Your not all here today.” Willow questioned taking another bite out of her lunch.

Buffy stabbed at her chef salad, throwing the strips of meat onto the lunch try and placing a shred of cheese in her mouth.

“Nothing…it’s just…nothing. I’m sorry Willow I’m not “all there Buffy” today.” She said slumping back into her set.

“I’m your best friend right?” Buffy gave Willow a “duh look. “Well all I’m saying is you can tell me anything. I’m here to help.”

Buffy sighed “It’s nothing just nerves over tomorrow night that’s all.”

Willow was about to respond but she was interrupted.

“Oh look it’s Miss. Piggy!” Cordelia shouted at Tara walking past their table to sit with Buffy and Willow. “What the lunch lady run out of your slop? Had to go with human food instead?”

Xander let out a snort with a eye roll, which caused everyone at the table to burst into even more laughter.

“Why don’t you shove it Queen C, or maybe it’s more like Queen B!” Buffy yelled back.

Cordelia shot Buffy an evil glare then turned her head back to Gunn. But wasn’t really focusing on what he was, saying she was more lost in her own thoughts: ‘Why is she being such a bitch? What did I ever do to her? We were friends for like ever then she turns all gothic, punk, psycho bitch on me.’

Cordelia hated beginning confused, and her ex-best friend’s attitude towards her now was very confusing and she crossed her arms over her chest and began to pout.

“So Xander when are you planning on asking me to the Spring Formal, the day before or what?” Anya questioned her boyfriend. “Maybe I should find another date if you keep dragging your heels.”

“No Ahn…I was planning on it…actually the Xan-man was going to ask you today.” Xander said with a slight smile. ‘Don’t tell her you forgot about the who stupid dance.’ He thought.

“You know that’s a excellent idea Xander.” Cordelia chimed “I think you should find another date Anya.”

Anya was about to protest so Cordelia decided to finish. “I have an idea that will put little Ms. Buffy and her cohorts in their place one and for all.”

She said popping a carrot stick in her mouth. Anya and Harmony’s eyes lit with humor waiting for her to finish.

“Xander you are such an important part of this, since you will be playing the date part…” Cocking her finger she drew the group in around the table to weave her little web.
*********************
A/N This one's a tab shorter than the first
Chapter 3: Weekend Upon Us by GoldenBuffy
****************
Chapter 3: Weekend Upon Us



Buffy, Spike, Angel, and Parker had just finished up practice and were gathering in the kitchen for refreshments. Buffy was off in her own little world deciding on what out fit would look best for tonight, and if Spike would like her hair. ‘Hold it, when did you start to worry about Spike liking your hair?’

She shook her head and chuckled a bit to herself then glanced around the room. Angel was busy running his mouth about some ho bag he met the other night, and Parker was glued to the story. Spike was adding his own to cents to the anecdote, then laughing when Angel would leer at him.

Buffy’s breath clutched in her throat, as she’d never noticed before just how beautiful his blue eyes were, how they danced and came alive when he was happy, or how full of sorrow they’d become when he was upset. Then she moved down to his lips, those lush slightly pink folds of flesh, and she found herself wondering what it would be like to be kissed by them. She licked her bottom lip unconsciously while dwelling on that one thought.

She came out of her stupor hoping that nobody caught her in la la land, darting a quick look around, her brother was still rambling on and on.

“You ok there pet?” Spike questioned her leaning into her ear. She stiffened feeling his warm breath on her bear neck, sending goose bumps along her body.

“NO!” it came out harsher than she expected “No…I’m fine, going to take a nap.” Buffy said pushing her way past Spike, and headed for the stairs to take her to her room.

She reached her door and fled inside slamming it behind her. She raced over to her bed to sit down, suddenly feeling a tad light headed.

“What the hell was that about?” she said to the empty room. “I so don’t LIKE Spike like that. I so need a boyfriend.” Buffy said falling back onto her bed.

Reaching over to her nightstand she grabbed the phone and dialed a familiar number, letting it ring ‘Hurry up!’ Buffy repeated over and over in her head, as the phone continued to ring for what seemed an eternity.

“Rosenberg residence how may I help you?” Willow chirped in her all to practiced happy voice.

“Wills get over here in like 5 minutes ago.” Buffy said slamming the phone down.

*****************************

Angel watched his sister’s retreating form from the kitchen.

“What’s with her?”

“Must be some PMS thing, you should know you are her brother.” Parker exclaimed taking a gulp of his Coke.

“She said she was taking a nap.” Spike answered, he was perplexed at her reaction to him. Normally she always could tell when he was a round. She called it her bleached idiot-dar. But he couldn’t help but note the reaction he caused in her, the slight trimmer in reaction to his voice, and the goose bumps that sprouted over her. It brought a slight smile to his lips, but he quickly pushed it away.

*****************************

The doorbell rang and Buffy raced down the steps jumping the last two at the bottom.

“I got it.” She yelled down the hallway towards the kitchen were the boys still were.

Swinging the door open she reached out and grabbed Willow by the collar of her shirt dragged her inside. She was about to close the door when she spotted Giles on the porch as well. She gestured for him to come in as well.

“Good afternoon Buffy.” Giles greeted her with a warm smile.

“Hi Giles. You here for Mom or the pain?” Buffy asked with a smile.

“Oh that’s quite right William is here. I had forgotten about practice today, so everything is ready for tonight then?”

“Yup, ready as we’ll ever be.” Buffy said turning to take Willow upstairs. “I’ll just tell mom your hear.”

“It’s SPIKE! How many times do I have to remind you?” Spike shouted from the kitchen doorway to his uncle.

*****************************

“I think it’s so cute that Giles and your mom hit it off.” Willow gushed.

“Yeah it’s nice to see her happy after all these years of hoping dad would come back.” Buffy said rolling her eyes.

“But I soooo have a problem Wills…” Buffy fidgeted with her fingers in her lap. “That’s why I called you.”

“Oh and here I thought you wanted to bake chocolate chip cookies. I guessed something was up since you called in a hurry and all. So spill.”

“Ok, we were in the kitchen after practice and stuff, and Angel was droning on about some other notch in his belt…,” Buffy didn’t notice the sad look that graced her friends face with that comment, but Willow quickly wiped it away.

‘Like he’d ever be interested in you Willow.’ She scolded herself.

“And I was looking at Spike, and I noticed his eyes and then…and then I found myself wondering what it would be like having those lips on me.”

“And your distort over this why?”

“Wills” Buffy whined “He’s SPIKE! He’s so like my brother, I can’t be fantasizing about kissing my brother.”

“Buffy he’s not your brother, and there’s nothing wrong about fantasizing about Spike and all of his Spikey-goodness.” She finished with a devilish smile.

“Oh your such a help Willow.” Buffy tried to sound pissed but it came out in a joking manner. “So help me get ready or what?”

********************************

“So do you really think this will work?” Harmony questioned sitting on the overly plush pink carpet.

“Duh! Yes.” Cordelia spat out over her shoulder, buried deep with in her walk in closet that was the size of a living room. “When hasn’t something I ever cooked up not worked?” She came back into view eyeing her friends.

“Well I have total faith in you, and if this goes well Xander shall be rewarded with many orgasms.” Anya chimed in.

“Yeah…well whatever,” Cordelia exclaimed looking back into her mirror. “What do you think of this outfit?”

She held the ensemble over top of her turning around to get approval from her friends. The both nodded in agreement.

*******************************

The Bronze was packed and everyone enjoyed the performance. Willow, Tara, and Oz were in the front row for support of their friends. Cordelia stayed off to the side acting like she could care less but she wanted Buffy to see her there.

After their set was over they packed up their instruments and headed to have some fun. Buffy sat at their usual table waiting for her friends. She spotted Willow talking to that new guy Gunn, and Tara was on the dance floor with Oz. Sighing she sipped at her diet coke.

Spike walked over to her to sit down, swooping his arm over the back of her chair. Buffy tried to look as uninterested as she used to be, but her heart rate started to get faster and she could feel her palms sweating.

‘Gee, Buffy, it’s just Spike get a grip.’ She thought. ‘Yeah I know and that’s the problem,’ her inner Buffy shot back.

“You were perfect tonight pet.” Spike said while scratching the back on his neck, as he scanned the crowed of teens.

“Yeah I know we totally rocked. Wasn’t nervous one bit after taking the stage.”

“And to think you were all “wiggy” as you’re so fond of saying, of nothing.”

Buffy rolled her eyes and leaned back into her chair, unconsciously leaning towards Spike, and he was doing the same to her. Buffy realized what she was doing and shot up. Send Spike an evil dagger filled glare his way.

“What the bloody hell was that look for?” He asked with his brows creasing in confusion.

“Nothing…not anything you’d be worried about.” Buffy said trying to sound upset.

‘Now what’s gone and upset her this time?’ Spike thought flashing back to their conversation a few moments ago. He leaned close into her ear.

“Did I upset you? Sorry about that luv.”

Buffy had to swallow hard and repress a shiver that started down her spine. She turned to face him; their eyes locked onto each other, blue meeting hazel, reading each other.

“No…nothing you did.” It came out like a whimper as Buffy repressed another shiver. Spike watched her lips as she spoke to him drawn in my their smoothness, it took every once of will power he had to stop himself from crushing her lips in a brutal kiss.

“Has my Spike been a bad boy?” The voice broke them out of their trance.

Buffy sighed and folded her arms over her chest; she inwardly cringed at Dru’s voice. ‘Why’d psycho ho have to show up?’ She rolled her eyes to her question.

“Ello luv.” Spike replied to his girlfriend getting up to help her to her set.

Drusilla eagerly accepted his vacated set looking over at Buffy with a coy smile across her lips. Her dark eyes held a twinkle, and one couldn’t help but to be mesmerized by the overly dark lip sick she wore.

“I see my fairy has played very well with the daisies this evening.” Dru took a piece of Buffy’s hair and twirled it around her finger.

“Yup, played nice and right I did.” Buffy said with a fake smile. God she hated being around Drusilla when she didn’t take her meds on time. She was a cool enough person to be around sometimes, well that was all the time until Buffy figured out she was the biggest ho bag on the face of the earth, and she had no idea why Spike stayed with her.

Spike had to repress his snort that was on the verge of erupting. Instead he reached into his jean pocket and pulled out his pack of fags, and light one up. Taking a nice long drag he turned to the two girls.

“Either on of you bints wants somethin’ to drink?” He said standing up.

“No I’m good.” Buffy replied looking out onto the dance floor.

“The same as I always have.” Drusilla replied with a smile.

They watched Spike walk away and disappeared into the crowd. Drusilla turned her head back to Buffy while a devilish smile played upon her lips.

“Little fairies should stay with rainbows,” She said in a singsong voice “They shouldn’t wander into the forest because they could get caught on thorns.” Drusilla used her long nails to mimic thorns stabbing at the air.

Buffy swallowed and looked at her unwelcome table buddy narrowing her eyes. “What are you telling me Dru?” Buffy said spitting out the end of her question.

“You know I may be a tad off Buffy, but there are many things I see. And there is one thing that I don’t particularly like seeing.” She glanced over to Spike who was approaching with her drink in hand. “Small eyes should stay on their small prizes, they shouldn’t try to chase pots of gold.”

“What ever you ‘think’ you see,” Buffy said making quotations with her fingers on think, “your seeing wrong. Don’t worry… your precious Spike in safe with you.”

Just then Spike placed the drink down on the table over hearing the last of the conversation, he had a perplexed look on his face. Buffy glanced at him then shot up and stormed away.

“What’s her problem?”

“Not to worry my dark Prince.” Drusilla hummed with a seductive smile tugging at her lips. “Not a problem at all.”
************************************
A/N Well let me know what you think.
Chapter 4: Say What? by GoldenBuffy
Lyrics by Nine inch Nails.

*************************************

Chapter 4: Say What?


The phone seemed to scream Buffy out of her deep sleep, but she laid still waiting for her mom to answer it. Three more rings and still nobody answered, grumbling Buffy pulled the pillow from over her head and tossed it to the other side of her bed. Stretching she answered on the sixth ring. “What?” her voice came out gravely and scratchy, and she coughed to clear her throat.

“Did I wake you up Buff?”

Buffy moved her discarded bra that hung over her alarm clock and looked at the time.

“Gee Wills it’s only 9 am, no I wasn’t sleep.” Buffy said rolling her eyes.

“Moody much. Anyway, I had some news that I couldn’t wait until later to share.”

“This so better be important waking me up this early on a Sunday.”

“It is…this is to great. I know you’ll never believe it and you’ll think something’s wrong but I don’t care I’m just,” Willow released an un-lady like snort “Well after I was talking with Gunn last night Xander comes over and we started talking… and then he asked me to dance… and then before I went home he asked me to the Spring Formal.”

“What!?” Buffy sat up in bed tossing her comforter off, swinging her legs to the floor.

“Please tell me you said no.”

“Well…I…I kinda agreed to go with him.”

“You did what?” Buffy’s hands flung over her head is a swirl of excitement and furry. “I can’t believe you did that…Willow, its Xander. You know biggest jerk ever. Not to mention I’ve hung around him from years, this is not cool.”

Willow’s face turned as red as her hair as she begin to boil with anger, “People change Buffy. What you’re the only one who’s allowed to do that?”

“Wills I didn’t mean it like that…”

“No Buffy I think you did, and I don’t have time for this. Good Bye.”

The dial tone blared in Buffy’s ear as she hurried to place the receiver back into its cradle. Sighing she fell back onto her bed staring up at her ceiling.

***********************************


Buffy was exiting Angel’s Black Chevy convertible, she turned to shut the door.

“You’re picking me up later right?” She asked walking towards the house.

“Yup, I guess so, be ready no later than 7 I got a date to get to.” He shouted driving away beeping his horn.

Buffy walked up to the large oak doors and pushed the doorbell. After a few moments and some footsteps later the door swung open.

“Hey Wills.” Buffy said in a small voice accompanied by a smile and a flutter of her fingers.

“Hey Buffy…come in.” Willow motioned stepping aside so her friend could enter.

“What brings you by? Not that I don’t mind you visiting…I just thought you were mad at me and not wanting to speak to me much.”

“Nope, not mad at all.” Buffy said pushing up onto her tip toes then tilting back down to the ground. “Just wanted to apologize to you in person, for the way I acted towards you this morning.”

Willow produced a thousand watt smile as an answer to Buffy’s apology. “Come on we’re up stairs.” She said heading to go up the steps.

**********************************

Hi…Bu…Buffy.” Tara said placing her history book down on the floor.

“Hey Tara, what no Oz today.”

“Nope he’s in LA with his band.”

Willow pulled up her desk chair to sit closer to her friends lounging on the carpet. The trio talked some more about the dresses they were going to get for the dance, how they would get there, and the hairstyles they planned on getting. Soon the conversation turned again.

“W...would you mind if I asked a question?” Buffy and Willow looked directly at Tara who started to blush under their watchful gaze.

“I just wanted to know why Cordelia and her friends are s…s…so mean.”

“Well for Cordelia I think it’s natural in her since she was born to an overly snobby family, and they have the golden spoon shoved up their asses. As long as I’ve known her she’s always been a stuck up brat who thinks the world revolves around her.”

Tara wore a confused expression.

“Buffy used to be best friends with Cordelia until last year.”

“Oh, I had no idea…you so n-n-n-nice.”

Buffy burst into laughter and Willow followed. They laughed for several minutes clutching their stomachs. Buffy wiped a few tears from her eyes and sat back up turning to her perplexed friend.

“Oh I was a bitch right along with little old Cordy, I tell ya. But times change and so do people. And I started to long for a change, something different. So I changed my clothes, I changed my hair, and Cordelia was cool with it until I started singing in Angel and Spike’s band. But the final straw that destroyed our friendship was last summer, when we all went to Florida to my cousin’s going away to college weekend funfest. Cordelia walked in on Xander kissing me…”

*****Flashback*****

Buffy walked into the dimly light bedroom closing the door behind her, and laid down on the over sized bed. The alcohol was starting to make her head spin and she was seeing stars behind her eyelids. There was a quick tap at the door, and before she could ask who it was or what they wanted the door opened. Buffy focused her eyes and saw Xander walk across the guest bedroom, taking a set next to her laying form on the bed.

“What is it Xander?” Buffy asked trying to make the room stop spinning.

“Nothing just checking on the Buffster to see if she was ok.” He said looking straight ahead to the wall.

Buffy sat up a bit leaning on her bent elbows “I’m all peachy. You know all things alcohol-y and Buffy, not to mix-y.” She said with a slight smile.

“So I noticed, to much party-goodness not all a bad thing.” Xander said clapping his hands together.

Before Buffy registered what was happening Xander lend over and captured her lips in his and at that same moment Cordelia walked into the gust bedroom.

“OMG! I so knew it, you bitch!” Cordelia shouted running out of the room.

*****End Flashback*****



Willow shot up, “OMG! You kissed XANDER?!?”

Buffy wrinkled her nose in an attempted to block the horrid memory. “No, he KISSED me, I was trying to fight him off. I told you Xander is evil. And Cordelia got pissed cause she thought I was trying to take her “flavor” of the month from her. So she told everyone that she walked in on me “servicing” Xander.”

“Ewww, gross, she really does make the wicked witch of the west look good.” Willow said nodding at Buffy.

“Yeah she does. She’s psycho I tell you.”

“Servicing?” Tara questioned.

Buffy gave Willow a snicker with a half smirk then answered Tara. “You know ‘servicing’, oral sex…”

Tara started blushing again “I…I get the picture.”

“Well after that did Cordelia ever get with Xander?”

“Yeah, for the remanded of our time in Florida, turned out the flavor of the month was only a flavor of two days.”

The girls burst into another fit of giggles.

***************************************

There was a horn honking outside Willow’s house around seven pm.

“That’s me.” Buffy announced placing her boots back on. “I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” She give them a wave heading out the bedroom door. The remaining girls uttered their good byes as well.

Buffy saw two heads up front before she reached the car, Spike hoped out and opened the door and pulled the set forward so Buffy could get in the back.

“Oh look its Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dumb.” She said crossing her arms over her chest smiling.

“Ha! Bloody! Ha!” Spike said over his left shoulder.

“So I guess that makes you Alice on a acid trip then.” Angel said laughing.

Buffy glared at him then leaned forward, and thumped him in the head with her index finder and thumb.

Buffy looked at the houses blur past from the convertible thinking to herself.

“Angel can you drop me off at the mall tomorrow?”

“What for?” He said glancing at her in the rearview mirror.

“I need to get something for that Spring Formal. Willow and Tara are going to met me there.”

Spike turned around to face Buffy. “Who asked you to go?” He questioned raising his scarred brow.

“Me, I’m going stag.” Buffy announced nodding her head in agreement with her answer.

Spike mentally released the breath he hadn’t realized he was holding waiting for her answer. He didn’t know why but the thought of someone else even touching Buffy made him cringe inside. ‘It’s because she’s like a little sister to you.’ Spike said to convince himself.

“Sorry that nobody asked you luv.”

“Excuse me, but I never said no one asked me, I only stated I chose to go stag. Oh I was asked if you must know.” Buffy said folding her arms over her chest.

‘Who does he think he is assuming nobody asked me out…grrr,’ Buffy thought rolling her eyes and leaning back into the set.

*********************************

Monday was off to a great start, Buffy had a hot new student teacher in French class, she got an A+ on her history exam, she avoided playing volleyball, hence getting all sweaty and having to use those poor excuses of showers in the locker room. Yeah she should have known it would soon turn bad.

Headed for their normal table Buffy, Willow, and Tara walked past Cordelia and her group. Just as Tara came past Cordelia she stuck her foot out causing Tara to trip. Buffy’s quick reflex prevented her from falling but the lunch try was lost to the floor. The group burst into laughter not noticing Buffy’s reaction.

Buffy stormed over to Cordelia and snatched her head up to look at her; if looks could kill she would have been dead what the glare Buffy was sending her.

“I am so sick of you and you stupid childish games.” Buffy huffed.

“Seriously Buffy” Cordelia said swatting away Buffy’s hand “No need to get all bent. It was a joke, nobody got hurt. And we actually did her a favor, no food helps on lose weight.”

“I’m so sick of your ‘I’m way better than you’ attitude Cordy!” Buffy spat out. “Your just a self coincided little snot faced bitch, who doesn’t give a carp to anyone but herself. And I’m sick of it and you. You know you really need to peal off those rose colored glasses and wake up before you find yourself alone, because no one wants to be around you.”

And before Cordelia could even reply Buffy picked up the serving a mashed potatoes off of Cordelia’s lunch tray, and smashed it over her head and face. With a satisfied smirk she turned to walk away, Willow and Tara trying hard to suppress their giggles.

Xander, Gunn, and Riley broke into laughter with the rest of the cafeteria, as Cordelia jumped up and fled to the bathroom down the hall. Harmony and Anya dashed from their sets as well to help their fallen friend, shooting evil looks towards Buffy.

“Not so fast Mss. Summers.” The weasel voice said behind her. Buffy sighed and rolled her eyes to face Principle Snyder.

“Office now!” He demanded pointed at her, “The rest of you continue to your meal.”

*******************************

Buffy sat in the hard office chair in front of Snyder’s desk as he droned on in his lecture, holding her file in his hand.

“Mss. Summers I’ve never had a problem with you before and I don’t understand why now. Well, no, let me rephrase that, I know why. I mean with the new clothes and the influence your brother and his hooligan friend has over you I can see why. Not to mention the music the young listen to nowadays.”

He paused and turned his over sized leather chair to look out the window, then turned back to face Buffy.

“ I hate to do this, but Buffy you will be suspended for the next five school days. You will report back here next Tuesday with your mother to re-sign you back in. Am I understood?”

“Yes Mr. Snyder, I hear you loud and clear.” Buffy mock saluted.

*******************************

Joyce took the news quite well even though Buffy got a long lecture about getting suspended and picking fights with other people. Willow on the other hand took it way worse, since now Buffy couldn’t attend the dance that Friday. And Angel, well he was just being his same annoying self as always…and didn’t he have college to attend, so why was he always hanging around the house?

So here it was Friday morning and Buffy was starting her morning mope session because she was really looking forward to the dance and hanging with her friends, but she would see them at the Bronze later that night anyways.

******************************

Drusilla had called Spike early in the morning telling him she needed him right away. He sighed hanging up the phone getting out of bed. ‘I’m not her friggin puppy.’ He though while slipping on a pair of jeans from the floor.

“Can you drop me off at school?”

“Why, you miss the bus?” Spike asked looking for his keys to the Desoto.


“Yeah, I over slept and if I’m late on more time, my teacher promised to dock my grade.” Dawn pleaded, throwing in her puppy dog eyes to her brother for good measure.

“Fine come on bits.” Spike said walking towards the door.

************************

After dropping his sister off he arrived at Drusilla’s house. He knocked then let himself inside.

“Dru I’m here.” Spike said looking around the living room for Dru.

“I’m up here my Spike.” She called from the second floor.

Spike headed up the stairs and came to her bedroom, pushing the door all the way open from the crack that was left in it.

“What’s this all about?” He asked coming the rest of the way into the room.

Drusilla stood from her bed and walked over to him, cupping his cheek in her right hand she looked into his eyes. A small smile played on her lips, as she leaned up on her topes to place a chaste kiss on his mouth.

“I have a secret to share with you William.” She said walking away from him to sit again on her bed. Spike followed Drusilla and was standing in front of her. Drusilla slid down, erecting the perfect pose of a proper lady sitting. Her back was straight and her hands rested in her lap, her long flowing skirt fanned around her on the bed, and her dark hair framed her face.

Looking up at Spike, Drusilla hesitated for a moment then began to speak.

“My Spike something wonderful has happened. The stars have given me a gift.”

“What kind of gift Dru?”

“Oh it’s a very special one, so small and precious it could crumble so easily.” She said patting her stomach.

Spike watched her movements, then things began to click: her acting even more loony than normal, the whole not take her psycho medications.

“Bloody hell.” Spike began to pace the floor. “You’re not trying to dump this on me Dru. I put up with your shit for far to long. I was fine with turning a bind eye to your “wonderings” but not this time. I refuse to do it.”

He stopped and turned to look at her. “How long?” Spike said cocking his head to the side.

“The moon has said two phases.” Drusilla replied.

“Just unbelievable, I can’t do this anymore Dru.”

Drusilla got up off the bed and walked over to Spike. She took his face in her hands, his eyes rimming with tears.

“My Spike, my poor sweet Spike.” Drusilla whispered softly. “You haven’t been mines for far to long. You smell of honeysuckle and sunshine. My dark prince has been broken.”

“Dru please, not know I can’t handle your loony rant.” Spike said walking out the door.

Drusilla followed him with her eyes. “But the sun will go down on you, you’ll see. And your dark princess will be waiting.”

******************************

Buffy has finished up the last of her chores and watched her mom and Giles leave for their date. Locking the door she dashed up to her room. She quickly throw on the clothes she had laid out, touched up her hair and grabbed her purse. Pushing the window open she made sure none of her nosy neighbors were peeping out their windows, and she climbed onto the roof then jumped into the tree, climbing down to the ground.

Buffy decided to cut through the cemetery to get to the Bronze quicker. Half way through she heard some rally bad singing so she decided to follow it.

“This is the first day of my last days, I built it up now I take it apart ,climbed up real high now fall down real far…”

Buffy knew she was close cause the singing lot louder.

“No need for me to stay the last thing left I just threw it away I put my faith in god and my trust in you now there's nothing more fucked up I could do…”

Buffy was almost on top of the singing mystery, the voice was just beyond the last tombstone.

“Wish there was something real wish there was something true wish there was something real in this world full of you I'm the one without a soul I'm the one with this big fucking hole…”

“Spike?” Buffy questioned walking to stand in front of him, he was leaning back on the tombstone with his arms resting on he’s bent knees, and a bottle of Jake Daniels dangling from his left hand in between his legs.

Spike looked up at Buffy and gave her a halfhearted smile then took another swig of his drink.

“Your drunk.” Buffy said placing her hands on her hips.

“No shit Sherlock.” Spike retorted.

Buffy pulled on her low rise jeans then sat down next to him. “What’s wrong?” Buffy said turning to look at her friend.

“It’s nothing.” Spike said taking another swig from the bottle.

“Well I think it’s something. I mean my friend is sitting in a graveyard, getting plastered, for reasons he won’t tell me.”

“You wouldn’t understand Buffy so drop it.”

The two sat in silence looking up at the stars, and Buffy reached over taking the bottle from Spike. She looked at it then took a gulp “Ewww, how can you drink this crap?”

“Just do.” Spike shrugged looking back up at the sky.

“Nice moon huh, it’s full.” Buffy said off handedly.

“She’s pregnant.”

Buffy’s head shot over to look at Spike “Who…oh…OH…no…she is…oh.” Buffy shut her mouth since she sounded more like an owl than anything else. ‘Shit…shit…shit…shit ho bag get’s knocked by Spike just my luck.’ Buffy thought frowning.

“It’s not mines. It’s that wanker Parker’s.” Spike grounded out through clinched teeth.

The two sat in a comfortable silence again.

“So I guess that answered my question to Dru’s missing meds.” Buffy said trying to sound cheery. Spike chuckled turning to look at her in the moonlight.

Spike had never noticed just how beautiful Buffy was, because she was always cute but in an “I’m your best friend’s little sister-so you better keep your hands off me-or my brother will pound your face in” kind of way. But now she had that “I’m your best friend’s little sister-but I want you hands all over me” kind of way.

Buffy turned to him as if waiting for something and she gave him the tenderest smile he’s ever seen. Spike wasn’t sure if it was the liquor or what but before he could react, he reached over and claimed Buffy’s lips with his own.

********************************
Let me know if you like. ^_^
Chapter 5: Ooops My Bad! by GoldenBuffy
Thanks for the reviews guys!!! ^_^
*******************************


Chapter 5: Ooops My Bad!


Buffy turned to him as if waiting for something and she gave him the tenderest smile he’s ever seen. Spike wasn’t sure if it was the liquor or what but before he could react, he reached over and claimed Buffy’s lips with his own.

Buffy was momentary paralyzed as the realization dawned on her that Spike’s lips were attached to hers…and she liked it… a lot. She returned his chaste kiss with vigor. The tip of Spike’s tongue jetted out, tracing Buffy’s bottom lip asking for entrance; with a sigh Buffy opened her mouth granting him entry.

They finally broke apart after needing to breathe and reality set in, Buffy’s not so tipsy part of her brain kicked in ‘Your kissing Spike you idiot!’ it shouted at her. Hazel eyes flew open as she pushed away from Spike. They stood there looking at each other for a few moments in silence.

Spike went to apologize but Buffy bet him to it.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to.” And with that she ran from the cemetery leaving a very confused Spike it is wake.

******************************

Buffy walked into the Bronze and over to her usual table, were Tara, Oz, Willow, and Gunn greeted her with laughter. Buffy sat down next to Willow arching her eyebrow at the group not only from the laughter, but from the new visitor, just when did Gunn start sitting with them?

“Hey guys.”

“Hey Buffy, we didn’t see you come in.” Willow replied.

“Yeah, I would guess not with all the laughing. What’s up?”

The group started laughing again and Tara let out a small snort that even made Buffy laugh. After regaining their composure Willow started to fill her friend in on the funny.


*****Flashback*****
~*~Earlier that afternoon~*~
The doorbell rang at the Rosenberg residence, and Willow’s mother answered the door greeting the visitor. Walking back towards the study/office to continue her “very” important work she called to Willow.

“Willow you have a visitor at the door.”

“Ok mom.” Willow said walking out of the kitchen heading towards the foyer.

She was pleasantly surprised to find Gunn standing in her foyer; the redhead greeted him with a warm smile.

“Not to sound all rude and all, but what are you doing here…more over how do you know were I live…and why are you standing in my foyer?” Willow questioned her guest.

Gunn scratched the back of his head. “Well technically I’m “not” here.” He said making exclamation marks with his hands saying “not”.

He pushed his hands in his pockets and kicked at an imaginary dust bunny on the hard wood floor.

“I just wanted to give you the heads up that Cordelia has something big planned for you tonight, and that Xander is part of the plan.”

Willow’s smile had turned into a scowl as Buffy’s words replayed in her mind “You know biggest jerk ever.” “I told you Xander is evil.” It was as if Buffy’s voice was now mocking her, and she sighed. But the plus side was Gunn was standing in her house warning her about their little plot, and he had no reason to even warn her, for that she was grateful.

“Thanks Gunn for the warning.” Willow said placing her hand on his forearm.

“No problem, I just would hate to see someone as nice and cool as you get humiliated by that bunch.”

~*~Spring Formal~*~
The dance was in full swing the teens were packed into the auditorium, grinding and gyrating to the pulsating beats of the music. Cordelia checked one last time with Xander, Harmony, Anya, and Gunn to make sure everything was in place.

Soon Principle Snyder stepped to the microphone and announced that all attention be focused on him, as he introduced the short film of the efforts of the senior students academic high lights of the school year.

The slideshow started with showing the outside of Sunnydale High, then the entrance hall with the group of senior students all crowed together. Half way through the show Cordelia and her conspirators started to snicker since they knew what was coming next, but Gunn snickered for a whole different reason.

Cordelia’s eyes widen in horror as she looked upon the over side picture of her self, this wasn’t right ‘Where’s the picture of Willow naked in the school showers?’ Cordelia’s brain shouted. Instead of embarrassing Willow, Cordelia was the one humiliated, there for every one to see, she was standing in her bedroom in a pair of low rider jeans and her black bra, adding jelly filled balloons to give her that “enhanced” look. She ran out of the auditorium hiding her face behind her purse.

*****End Flashback*****


Buffy couldn’t stop laughing, oh what she would have paid to see Cordelia’s face, she had totally forgotten she’d taken that picture, let alone giving it to Willow for “safe” keeping.

After a few drinks of the non-alcoholic kind and a spin on the danced floor, Buffy decided she’d better head home before her mom stumbled upon a Buffyless bed.

Everyone headed out of the club together, Oz and Tara got in his van, and Gunn offered Willow and Buffy a ride home, Willow accepted but Buffy refused. She could see where Gunn and Willow’s blossoming relationship was headed, and opted instead to give them some alone time together.

*************************************

Buffy yet again found herself traipsing through the cemetery, but this time only an unnatural silence accompanied her.

“Giving up a ride…so not of the good.” Buffy scolded herself then wrapping her arms around her abdomen, trying to ward off the chill she seemed to catch with every step deeper into the cemetery. The trees seemed to hide some mystery waiting to lung out at her, not wanting to give up their secretes of the night. What creatures of the dark lurched in the gloom just waiting for a poor unsuspected soul like her’s, Buffy thought.

Buffy was about to pick up her pace when a large hand came down on her shoulder. Opening her mouth she tried in earnest to scream, but nothing came out. Buffy started to panic, to scared and paralyzed with fear.

“What the bloody hell are you doin out here…woman?”

With a sigh Buffy placed her hand over her heart “Oh God Spike, you scared the shit out of me.” She turned around and slapped his arm.

And since their last encounter Spike had consumed yet another bottle of liquor, starting to topple over from Buffy’s slap. Buffy caught Spike by the left arm and started to lead him out of the cemetery with her.

“Oi, where you taking me?” He leered wiggling a finger in her face.

“Home Spike. I’m brining you home with me. You’re to drunk to get home yourself, and I don’t think you’d like it to much sleeping in a cemetery tonight. Plus, I don’t have the time to drag your drunk ass back to Giles’.”

**************************************

Buffy rounded the corner with a slightly less drunken Spike in tow. “Stay here.” Buffy commanded leaving Spike standing behind the neighbor’s bushes, as she peeped over them to see if her mother was back yet. If the porch light was out she knew she’d be sneaking in tonight.

Spike started to giggle and Buffy arched an eyebrow turning back to look at him.

“What are you laughing at?” She said crossing her arms over her chest.

“Nothin’, you just look like one of them whack-O-moles at the carnival.” Spike started laughing again as Buffy grabbed him by the arm dragging him to the front porch. There was no way she could climb to her room with dead weight on her back.

“Listen to me Spike, you have to be quite. My mom is home and I don’t need to be caught sneaking in the house, and you being drunk is so not helping…got it?”

“Scout’s honor.” Spike said with a small smirk. Buffy rolled her eyes and started to unlock the front door.

She opened the door and stepped into the foyer with Spike on her heels almost bumping into her.

“All clear, upstairs, now.” She whispered moving Spike in front of her, so she could oh so slowly, and hopefully quietly close the door. Spike wasn’t to big on the hearing at that point after almost tripping over Buffy coming in the door, so he stood at the bottom of the steps looking up, not to mention his legs momentarily forgot how to move.

Buffy turned to look at Spike and had to repress a giggle that threatened to surface, he look so cute and lost she thought.

“Once we get upstairs I’m dragging you to Angel’s room,” she said walking in front of Spike heading up the stairs.

Spike climbed the stairs as quietly as he could trying to concentrate at the task at hand, but all he was truly focused on was the round bum smack dead in his face.

Buffy’s eyes went wide in huge saucer sized circles when she felt Spike’s hand squeeze her butt. ‘He’s drunk, don’t kill him.’ She chanted over and over, ‘He won’t remember a thing in the morning.’ She assured herself. Her comment to herself was followed by another fit of giggles from Spike.

*******************************************

After dropping Spike off in Angel’s room, smacking her brother in the head to let him known he had a sleep over guest, she tip toed her way to her room.

Safely shutting the door behind her, Buffy exhaled in relief she was home free “YES!” she quietly exclaimed to her empty bedroom. Tossing her clothes on the floor she grabbed her silk blue pj’s and slipped into bed.

*******************************************

It was a lovely day at the beach, the sun was sitting brightly in the sky, the surf was good, the sand wasn’t to hot to the touch, and Buffy sat on her beach towel watching some children frolic in the ocean. Yup, it was a good day for hanging at the beach.

Buffy brushed some sand off her towel and turned to lay down on her stomach letting the sun kiss her back. She folded her arms under her chin and rested on them. Buffy heard the sand shift under the feet of the approaching body towards her, and she smiled.

“Mined rubbing some sun block on me?” she asked not opening her eyes.

Hearing the “click” of the lid to the sun block bottle, then two strong hands descended upon her making her shiver in delight. They rubbed the small of her back, then slowly moved up wards stopping to untie her bikini top. Massaging their way to her shoulders, then back down her back.

The mystery man leaned over to her ear and whispered “Do you like that?”

Buffy answered with an “Ummm hmmm” and smiled.

He applied some more lotion to his hands and worked his way towards her legs, massaging her feet, which caused a small giggle to escape from Buffy’s lips. He then moved to her calves and up her thighs, soon his hands were replaced by his lips, leaving tiny butterfly kissing down then back up her legs.


Buffy licked her lips in anticipation for what was next, slow tender feather like kisses rested upon her bear back, and the base of her neck. With his had slowly dipping between her thighs and slipping under her bikini bottoms, resting at the opening of her sex. Buffy gasped with need parting her legs a little.

He moved to her ear running his tongue along the outer rim then nipped at it, then returned to licking it. He slowly pushed on finger inside of her waiting passage and started to thrust at a long drawn out rate. “More” Buffy gasped tightening her hands around the beach towel totally forgetting about the children in the water.

A second finger, then a third, Buffy felt as if she was going to burst at the seems, then she was rippled into ecstasy with an orgasm like none she’d had before. “Damn he’s good.” She thought pushing herself up to face her mystery lover. She let her eyes focus on him since the sun was directly overhead and she gasped…


Buffy sat up in bed looking around the room in a cold sweat. She thrust her head in her hands and mumbled “I so cannot believe I’m having wet dreams about Spike.”

*************************************
Chapter 6: Realities by GoldenBuffy
**************************************

Chapter 6: Realities



Buffy woke up the following morning, Saturday the middle day of the weekend, and one of the slowest days she hated. There was nothing good on TV until evening, unless you were into the whole cartoon seen like Angel, and grandma always came over for Saturday family dinner hour. ‘Oh the joy of Saturday’, Buffy thought tossing her comforter over her legs and heading to her closet to get some clothes for the day.

Turning to leave her room the phone stopped her in mid-stride. Sighing she walked back over to her nightstand to answer the phone.

“Hello?”

“Hey Buffy, it’s Dawn.” Dawn chirped into the receiver.

‘As if I didn’t know that.’ Buffy thought rolling her eyes, she liked Dawn, but at 10 am she was to chipper and bubbly to deal with.

“What can I do for you this very mind-numbing Saturday morning?”

“Oh nothing…just trying to track down my brother that’s all.”

Buffy had almost forgotten about her previous night’s escapades, well not all of the more important parts but she tried to push them to the far recourses of her mind.

“Yup he’s all here. Passed out with Angel.” Buffy said with a laugh, the two talked for a few more moments then hung up. After hanging up Buffy finally got to take her shower.

******************************************

Buffy finally wandered downstairs some time after 12 pm, she headed for the kitchen only to be greeted by a very amused Joyce, and a semi hung over Angel, with a very hung over Spike at the table.

“Good afternoon sweetie.” Joyce greeted her daughter with a hug.

“Morning mom, I see the wonder twins are alive and kicking…sorta.”

Both boys glared as mother and daughter laughed at their expense.

“Hey you’re my mom…a little sympathy here.” Angel said gesturing between him and Spike. Spike closed his eyes and rested his head in his hands.

Mumbling between them “Remind me never to drink again. If I do shoot me.”

“Can I get that in writing?” Buffy questioned placing her hands on her hips.

“Well I have a few things to get done today before your grandmother arrives. So you two can help out and clean up a bit.” Joyce turned and walked out of the kitchen.

Angel got up from the table and placed his mug into the dishwasher, then turned on the faucet to wash his hands.

“I’m gonna head up to shower.” Turning to look at Spike “Then your going to tell me why you got drunk and my little sister had to drag you here.” Angel finished with a smirk.

Spike rolled his eyes as his answer “What ever peaches.”

“Yeah well one day your going to tell me how my brother got the name peaches.”

Angel replied with an eye roll of his own walking past Buffy pulling on her hair in a playful manner.

“Not gonna happen…EVER.” Then he was gone.

The kitchen was quite for a moment, Buffy was still standing in the door way and Spike was setting at the table. Buffy walked over to the refrigerator and removed the gallon of 2% milk and placed it on the counter. She opened an overhead cabinet and removed a box of frosted flaks.

Spike took a sip of his now lukewarm hot chocolate while watching Buffy. He figured with as much alcohol he consumed the night before everything would be a blur, but it wasn’t. The final deception of Drusilla still burned hard in his chest and he had to swallow hard with the bitter bile that was threatening to spill out. He closed his eyes and inhaled a deep mouthful of air trying to will away the pain.

Yes it hurt, but it wasn’t as bad as he thought it would be. Drusilla had been Spike’s whole existence since middle school. They quickly became friends since both moved to the states from England, Spike with his sister, their parents sent them to live with his uncle Giles while they worked out “personal” problems, seven years later and they are “still” dealing with their problem. And Drusilla moved with her parents after her father was promoted to over see his company’s interests in America.

As Spike thought about it, he should have seen the signs long ago, from Dru’s flirting with Angel, to her basically sleeping with anything that glanced her way. But no, Spike had to be head over feet for her. ‘I was such a wanker.’ He thought placing his head in his hands.

Buffy poured some cereal into her bowl then followed by some milk. ‘You can do this, he probably forgotten about everything, doesn’t even remember kissing me or anything.’

Buffy walked over to the table and sat down taking a spoonful of cereal and placing it in her mouth. Spike watched her for a moment contemplating if he should still act as if he remembered nothing. He was still confused at the whole kiss thing, but it didn’t feel like a rebound thing after getting walked over by your ex, but he didn’t know if it meant anything really to him.

Well he knew what it meant; he just wasn’t ready to face the answer just yet. “Sorry”

Buffy looked at Spike over her spoon. “Sorry…sorry about what?”

Spike tapped the side of his mug with his fingernail. “Didn’ mean to go off and kiss you like that. Should have kept myself in check. It wasn’t right.”

Buffy started to pout and her shoulders slumped forward “Oh, well that’s cool. Wasn’t like you forced me or anything.”

There was silence again but not the normal silence they shared together.

“Hey look” Buffy said extending her hands towards Spike, “We kiss, so what, not like it meant anything…right?”

“Right…nothin”

Buffy and Spike both put on their “conviction” voices, to not only convince each other but their selves as well.

There was another bought of silence as Spike took his mug to the kitchen sink, then turned around to lean against the counter. Buffy walked over and placed her bowl in the sink as well, snatching a sideways glance at Spike.

“Right…so about the whole ass squeezing too.”

“Squeezing, that was no squeeze, it was more like a shark taking a bit out of a surfer.” Buffy retorted trying to hold back a laugh, which didn’t help from the look Spike, sent her. They both broke into a fit of laughter as Angel came back into the kitchen.

“What’s so funny?” Angel asked looking to Spike first then over to Buffy, the two looked at each other and burst into laughter once more.

“It’s nothing, Spike needed to understand what bootylicious meant.” Buffy said trying to keep a straight face.

************************************

Monday arrived and it was time for rehearsal, Buffy didn’t want to see what could or would happen in the basement. Spike and Angel talked, and he told him all the events leaving out the kissing and feeling up his sister. Needless to say Angel was pissed but decided to play it cool and lend support to his befriend only when needed.

The trio headed down to the basement where Parker had finished setting up. Spike headed down first followed by Buffy then Angel. Spike had walked over to were Parker was waiting but keeping his distance.

“Hurry up.” Angel commanded nudging his sister to descend faster down the stairs.

“Pushy much! I’m going as fast as I can.” Buffy retorted, since she sported some calf high stiletto red leather boots, they made her flirty black leather skirt look good.

“No one told you to wear those…those weapons on your feet.” He said giving her one more ‘good’ nudge, well it was more of a push, but he had a mini apocalypse to prevent if he didn’t get to his friends.

Angel’s push came as Buffy’s left foot descended to the next step catching her off guard, her ankle twisted causing her to fall the rest of the way down the stairs. Landing with a thud she sat there dazed for a moment trying to get her bearings, her skirt had risen up giving her band mates an eye full.

Shaking her head, Buffy jumped up and fixed her clothes as Angel quickly dodged past her. She looked up at him shooting daggers his way. Angel shrugged his shoulders with an “I told you to hurry up look”; she then glanced at Spike and Parker. Parker was to busy trying to avoid contact with Spike, and Spike gave her a “I just saw your barely there knickers but acted like I saw nothing” look, followed by a wink and smirk combination.

*****************************************

Joyce had to fly to Chicago to pick up some pieces for the gallery and would be gone the whole weekend. With that decided Angel, along with Spike thought it was an excellent time to through a house party. So they quickly let word spread around campus, and Buffy asked if she could invite her friends.

Angel carried Joyce’s luggage out to the waiting taxi while Buffy said her good byes. Mother and daughter parted ways with hugs and kisses, and she placed a kiss on her son’s cheek. She turned pointing at Angel with her stern resolve face firmly fixed.

“And I mean it Angel No. Party. Do I make myself clear?”

“Perfectly mom.” Angel said smiling at her, trying to give her his most reassuring face.

She sighed and got into the taxi, Angel closed the door behind her then tapped the hood of the vehicle and watched it drive down the street and out of sight.

Angel turned to Buffy with a mischievous gleam in his eye he, slapped his hands together and rubbed them back and forth; he headed back to the house. “We have a party to prepare for.”

****************************************
A/N ok promise some more spuffyness in the next chap. As always feedback helps me, lol, so review review review!
Chapter 7: So…Now What? by GoldenBuffy
Thanks everyone with the reviews, they make me do the happy, Ok on to spuffy goodness!

Lyrics by Chumbawamba

*************************************

Chapter 7: So…Now What?



Angel turned to Buffy with a mischievous gleam in his eye, he slapped his hands together and rubbed them back and forth; he headed back to the house. “We have a party to prepare for.”

Buffy loved it when Angel got that far off look in his eye, it meant that what ever he had planned was of the very very bad kind, which would lead to very very fun things. Oh yeah this party was going to be the mother of them all, and Buffy couldn’t wait till tomorrow night.

*************************************

The party was in full swing and Spike had just returned from another beer run, thank god one of the fraternity boys brought a kegger, the music was loud, their next-door neighbor was threatening to call the police. Yes it was an excellent party; Buffy should have known it would take a turn for the worst.

Buffy, Willow, and Tara were in the living room dancing together when something caught Buffy’s eye. She turned to look into the foyer and low and behold the first entity walked in that made her night hell-worthy; rolling her eyes she slapped her forehead.

“Who invited psycho ho and her merry band of slutfits?” Buffy questioned placing her hands on her hips.

As if on que Darla turned to her with a twisted little peppy smile. “It’s good to see you too…Buffy.” She snarled out at the end flicking Buffy the middle finger salute.

Buffy stomped over to the trio and got right into Darla’s face.

“Who the hell invited you? I thought soulless bitches needed invites into people’s homes, and last time I checked your skanky ass was uninvited.”

Drusilla turned her attention to Buffy; she tilted her head a bit to study the girl in front of her.

“My fairy isn’t playing very nice now is she?”

“Yeah B, what gives?” Faith asked nodding her head at Buffy.

“Nothing “gives” Faith, just last time I checked slutty ho bags weren’t invited to this party.”

Drusilla laughed, Darla pushed pasted Buffy heading farther into the house, and Faith haled her hands up in mock surrender.

“Woo their blondie, no need to go all hostile, everything’s five by five with me.”

Buffy waved her hand in the air, “Fine whatever, just don’t start anything. Soon as you do your out on your ass.”

Buffy watched as Faith disappeared into the mass of bodies and sighed.

*********************************

Just when Buffy thought her night couldn’t get any worse she walks into the kitchen, were Dru was hanging all over a very annoyed looking Spike. But if one knew Spike, then one knew that he always wore for the most part, a very annoyed looking expression.

“I’ve missed you so much my prince.” Drusilla cooed into his ear, “it could be like old times if you like. Just you and I, my dark prince.”

Spike glared at his ex-girlfriend and took another swig of his beer, he leaned over to whisper in her ear.

“Sod off Dru!”

Buffy couldn’t hear what they were saying and stormed out of the kitchen and up to her room. “Stupid bleached wonder with his stupid sexy body.” Buffy pouted plopping down onto her bed.

‘Just who the hell does he think he is making out with…with…stupid pregnant super ho…and of all places in MY kitchen!’ she exclaimed to the empty room. A scowl formed on her face as she crossed her arms over her chest and tapped her foot on the floor.

There was a tap on her bedroom door.

*********************************

Spike had seen the whoosh of golden locks sweep out of the kitchen in a blonde tornado. He pushed past Drusilla and ran up the stairs after Buffy. He walked down the hall to her bedroom and stopped at the door. Uncertain he knocked lightly on it.

“What?”

“Can I come in?”

“No!” Buffy said giving the door a “duh” look. But like Spike ever listened to anyone, and he was sure he wasn’t about to start now so…he opened the door…and walked into the room.

Buffy sighed and rolled her eyes “What?”

“What? I was up here to ask you the same thing. Why’d you run off like that?”

“Oh I don’t know. Hmmm…could it be the fact that you were about to suck face in my kitchen.”

‘With super skank of the year.’ Buffy added in her head.

And why did the idea of Spike sucking face with Drusilla bother Buffy, why did Spike sucking face with anyone other than her bother Buffy? That was the million-dollar question; just like how many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop. Buffy decided that she wanted to find out, but right now she was going to focus on the very sexy bleached idiot standing in her bedroom.

Spike walked over and sat down next to Buffy on the bed but he didn’t look at her, just stared at a spot on the wall in front of him.

“We weren’t making out Buffy. I was telling her to get lost.”

Buffy crossed her arms over her chest and arched her eyebrow “Looking kinda chummy with your lips all up on her neck huh.”

Spike snorted and added an eye roll for added effect; he was spending way too much time with Dawn, he leaned over into Buffy’s ear.

“I told her to sod off.” He couldn’t help the smirk that formed on his lips.

Buffy couldn’t help the shiver than ran down her back and ended in her stomach, or prevent the goose bumps that rose from his warm breath on her skin, nor could she ignore the effects his voice was having on her.

“Get up…NOW!” Buffy’s voice of reason commanded her, prompting her to jump up.

She let out a small laugh “So not happening remember…whole “kiss meant nothing” remember?”

**********************************

Buffy bolted out of her bedroom and down the hall she needed some air. All of a sudden it was to hot in her house, and quite small to, not to mention that half of Sunnydale’s teen and young adult population was through out her dwelling at this very moment. Plus she needed somewhere that was a Spike “free” zone; she rushed towards Angel’s room.


Why Angel’s room, well for one Buffy knew that she wouldn’t get all “I want to jump your bones” on Spike with her brother present, and two, well she couldn’t come up with a number two so she left that open. She shoved the door open and was greeted to a very naked Angel, and a very naked Darla, in what looked to be some very naked hot monkey sex.

“Holy hell, what the hell is going on? And why the hell is that skank sitting on your dick?” Buffy gesturing her hands towards them at a frenzied pace.

“So not the time, get out.” Angel shouted throwing a shirt at his sister.

Buffy let out an “eep” and shut the door behind her. She needed to purge her eyes; she’d be having night terrors for weeks thanks to that scene. That was now number one on her list of “What could ruin my perfect party” list. She decided to return to the party.

*********************************

Buffy came back into the living room spotting Willow and Gunn making out, Oz and Tara where dancing, and feeling suddenly left out of the couple loop she headed into the dinning room.

“Hey B come on and play.” Faith called out to her holding a shot glass in hand.

Buffy wandered over to the table viewing the cards and the bottle of alcohol. Buffy wiped her hands down the sides of her jeans and sat next to Faith.

“What are we playing?”

Riley dealt Buffy her hand “Poker. If you win, everyone at the table takes a shot. If you lose then you still have to take a shot…along with everyone else.”

“I don’t know, you know the whole Buffy and alcohol not so mix-y.”

**********************************

An hour later a very plastered Buffy wandered into the backyard to get some fresh air. “Who said funny little drinks where bad?” She questioned the air leaning against the wooden post; she pushed off the post starting to sing.

“We'll be singing, When we're winning, We'll be singing…”

Buffy stumbled forward tripping over her feet, she turned trying to stop her fall, but it took her more off balance and down she tumbled. Buffy started to giggle picking herself back up.

“I get knocked down, But I get up again, You're never going to Keep me down… You hear that stupid feet? All four of you.”

Buffy walked towards the back door to enter her house once more.


“He drinks a whisky drink, He drinks a vodka drink, He drinks a lager drink, He drinks a cider drink, He sings the songs that Remind him Of the good times, He sings the songs that Remind him Of the better times…”

Getting drunk wasn’t in her plans, but it was fun, and now it top number one on her list of “All things that make this the best party ever”. Just as she was going to grab a diet coke she head the tell tale shouts and jeers of encouragement, to a rabid crowed being treated to a display of manly proportions.

And now…back to her “What could ruin my perfect party” list.

********************************

The jeers got louder as she entered the living room, and there it was Spike and Parker going at it. “Stupid men and their stupid male posturing.” Buffy said in her head but her mouth and the rest of her body protested against her, egging the fight on. Of course she was rooting for Spike, she wanted him to wipe the floor with Parker.

Spike had tackled Parker to the ground connecting his fist to the boy’s nose. Parker jerked back from the force and clutched his injured part. Parker sent a kick to Spike’s abdomen causing him to arch back from the blow. Angel stepped in and grabbed Spike by the waist lifting him in the air then turning him away from Parker.

Parker wiped at the blood oozing down his face. He stumbled towards the front door turning around to look Spike square in the eyes.

“It’s not my fault she wanted a man to satisfy her needs.” He said with a smirk.

Spike lunged at Parker landing another right hook to his nose and was gifted with a satisfying “crunch” sound of his nose breaking.

Spike was left with a very happy smirk.

**********************************

The party broke up after the fight and Angel informed Buffy he was taking Darla home. Buffy replied with an “ewww much?” and an eye roll.

After locking the door behind her she trotted upstairs, she liked the buzz she was still having and humming her song from earlier. She entered the bathroom to retrieve the first aide kit then headed for her bedroom.

Spike was spread across her bed width wise with his arms out stretched to each side, and head hanging over the bed. Buffy smirked then walked towards the bed.

“Sit up.” She commanded placing the kit on her lap.

“A right mess I made, didn’t I?”

“Nah, he so asked for it. And now I can blame the broken vase on him.” Buffy chirped.

She dabbed at the cut over his eye with the alcohol cotton ball, still humming her little tune.

“Are you drunk?”

Buffy giggled, “Oh just a wee bit.” She said holding her hand making some kind of gesture showing how much she drank.

“Not that ‘m complainin’ and like you in your drunk little way, but what caused this?”

Buffy wrinkled her nose in disgust trying to re-block the mental image of Angel being screwed by Darla. “Eww…mental image not of the good. Don’t worry you’ll hear about it tomorrow.”

They sat in silence as Buffy finished working on Spike. She stopped and starred at him for a moment, he was all rugged looking, with his tussled bleached locks that no longer sported their restringing hair gel, his lips were slightly pouty from the hit they took, and his eyes dance with merriment from the fight. He looked like a giddy little boy who had just received his favorite toy.

Thanks to a sloshed mind and a very responsive body Buffy leaned forward pulling Spike towards her, impelling him onto her lips. Spike started to pull away but Buffy tightened her hold on him, teasing him with her tongue. Oh this was sweet bliss at its best, yes Spike wanted Buffy, yes he enjoyed her all over him, but…there always had to be a but didn’t it. But she was drunk.

‘Your not taking advantage of her you git.’ Spike was about to entertain his brain in an argument when he was suddenly distracted. He arched his scared brow breaking off the kiss with Buffy looking her in the eyes. She gave him a deceptively innocent smile while she continued with her task at hand…get Spike free of his oh so sex black jeans.

Taking a deep breath Spike grabbed Buffy’s hands before things went to far, he closed his eyes and counted to ten, then opened them, and then he closed them again counted to ten once more. Yes he was sure he could face Buffy now.


“Buffy we can’t do this.”

“Why not?” Buffy said pouting “You got that “I’m all sexy” husky voice going and you know you want me, and I want you, so I don’t see a problem.”

“Well there’s the “I’m drunk” problem.” He said pointing to her.

“Nah ugh, not a problem. Inhibition is gone, out the window, bye bye modesty.”

“Well…well…your drunk…and you’ll be all pissy Buffy in the mornin.” Spike stated putting on his resolve face.

“Not pissy now. Need. What. Have.”

Buffy leaned forward to resume where she was so rudely interrupted, attack those pouty, luscious lips. But before she could get started Spike jumped up off the bed. He started pacing the room.

“Hey in the middle of something bub. Get back here.” Buffy protested.

“Can’t luv, not gonna happen, not like this.”

How dare Spike not want Buffy, she looked at herself in the mirror, she thought she looked pretty damn sexy too, so what the hell was his problem.

“Fine, you don’t want to do this, see if I care.”

“Glade you under…”

Spike turned to face Buffy but was cut off mid sentence; she was sitting on the bed with her legs crossed sans cute little slinky tank top and bra.

“Bloody hell.”

****************************

A/N Ok, hate to leave it like this, but what can I say, lol. Use your imagination! You know the drill, if you like flood me with praise, I thrive off it. ^_~
Chapter 8: Hears Your Answer… by GoldenBuffy
A/N Thanks for the great reviews and the support, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

*******************************

Chapter 8: Hears Your Answer…



Spike turned to face Buffy but was cut off mid sentence; she was sitting on the bed with her legs crossed sans cute little slinky tank top and bra.

“Bloody hell.”

Spike closed his eyes and found himself counting to ten…again. Buffy started to giggle, oh she knew the effect she was having on him and it was about damn time too! The tightly closed eyes, the clinching of the jaw, Buffy knew it was just a matter of time before Spike cracked.

“Put your shirt back on pet.” Spike refused to look Buffy’s way running his hand over his face.

Buffy pouted “Fine. You win, no more drunk Buffy trying to seduce semi-drunk Spike.”

Pulling back on her slinky tank top Buffy made a mental note to move onto plan B.

“I’m all decent Buffy again, you can peek now.”

Spike turned his head and glanced towards the drunken girl sitting on the bed. Buffy smiled and waved overly excited at him. She jumped up and walked towards the door.

“Well since you’re not going to shag me into the carpet, might as well keep me company until Angel returns.”

“What then?” Spike said watching her retreating backside.

“Poker.”

*****************************

While Spike got everything ready, finding a new deck of cards since the others were messed up, and laying out the chips and other stuff, Buffy headed to the kitchen to get refreshments.

She dumped the bag of popcorn in a large blue bowl, ripped some paper towels down for greasy buttery hands, even thought the popcorn was lightly buttered. She then went to the refrigerator removing two cans of coke, and frowned cause all the diet was gone. “Stupid people drinking their stupid diet cokes.” She thought shutting the door.

She plopped some ice cubes in the glasses, and popped the top of the cans pouring them into their respective glasses. Glancing at the door making sure Spike wasn’t coming back; she snickered and bent down to open the cabinet under the sink.

Plan B; get Spike totally plastered so Buffy could have her wicked way with him. Yup, she nodded her head in agreement, she liked this plan, it was the best one she’d ever cooked up. She looked at the bottle of vodka, gotta love it, odorless and tasteless… she did a quick happy dance then added it to the glasses. Of course more to Spike’s than her glass.

*****************************

An hour and an half later and some where between the sixth or seventh refill Buffy had totally forgotten her plan, but that didn’t matter since they were both drunk.

Spike looked down at his empty glass and spit the ice cube back inside. “What the hell you do to me pepsi?”

Buffy slapped her hand over her mouth and started giggling. “Nothing, besides it’s not pepsi it’s coke.”

“Fine…coke…what you do?”

“I had a plan.” Buffy nodded her head and a conspiratorial smile played across her lips. “I’ll never tell.” She said in a singsong voice, and then burst into laughter agreeing with herself.

Spike blinked at Buffy then he blinked again cause she had turned into five Buffy’s, which really wasn’t a good thing. One Buffy he could handle but five, not such a good idea. The odds were against him and he swallowed hard.

“Hit me. Card. Now.” Buffy said leaning forward trying to reach the deck of cards, she slipped off her chair and landed head first into Spike lap.

“Oomph”

“How’d you get down there?” Spike questioned trying to get those five fuzzy Buffy’s to turn into one fuzzy Buffy so he could pick her up.

“I got you drunk.” She sang in the same voice.

“Kinda figured that…hey you tricked me…your evil. What the hell you do that for?”

Buffy started giggling again then flashed Spike a smile “So I can do this.”

“Yooo…ohhhhh…”

******************************

* under the table *

Buffy surprised herself, even in her drunken state she was able to get little Spike…which wasn’t quite so little…out of his jean encased prison. She slowly ran her tongue around the tip of Spike’s cock in a circle rotation, then trailing downward to the underside of the shaft, licking her way to the base.

Spike rewarded her efforts with a ‘hiss’ tumbling from his lips with a hip thrust simultaneously.

Trailing her tongue back up his member Buffy slowly took the head is her mouth, swirling her tongue around in the process then pressing her lips together and started to hum. “Fuck…Buff…yeah like that.” With fluid motion Buffy swallowed Spike’s engorged cock like a ravenous beast after its prey, as her other hand went to work stroking the base of Spike’s shaft.

Gaining a rhythm with her hand following her mouth she alternated going fast then slow, her head bobbing to beat only she could hear. Spike was spitting swear words out like a sailor which aided Buffy along.

Deciding to try something else that popped into her head, Buffy removed the grip she had on Spike with her hand and cupped his balls, caressing them while her mouth still sucked him. Spike’s hand came up and rested in Buffy’s hair as his hips started to arch with each suck of her mouth.

“Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck” was the only word Spike could form.

Soon Buffy was rewarded for her endeavors with Spike’s release, which she fervently gobbled up.

****************************

* top of the table *


Buffy had reappeared from her trip to “under the table” land, smiling and giggling merrily resting in between Spike’s legs. He was still slumped back against the dinning room chair with a look of awe written all over his face.

“Where’d you learn to do that?”

Buffy stopped giggling and got a serious look in her eyes “I found all of Angel’s girly magazines…and read them.” She finished with a wink, then stood up to sit on the dining room table but missed, Spike jumped up and grabbed her by her right arm.

“Why are my eyes spinning in circles?”

“Their not the room’s whirlin.”

“Oh shit we got to get out of here then.”

*******************************

They stumbled across the way to the living room, bouncing off each other, Spike tripped over his boot. Buffy tried to catch him as they tumbled onto the carpeted floor. They started laughing as Buffy raked her hand through her golden locks.

Blue eyes locked on hazel as the two seemed to swim in each other’s eyes. They where laying on their sides facing each other, as Spike reached over and pushed a strand of hair out of Buffy’s face, he then slipped his hand behind her head pulling her towards him for a searing kiss.

Buffy didn’t resist his advances and happily complied to his request granted him entrance to her mouth, their tongues dueling for dominance and their arms locked around each other. They rolled across the living room floor only stopping after bumping into the coffee table.

Hands frantically caressing and searching for flesh to hold onto, Spike’s hand found it’s way under Buffy’s tank top massaging her breast. She moaned into his mouth as her back arched into his touch. Three words kept playing over and over in both their heads “Need. Want. Have.”

Spike tore away from their kiss only stopping to roughly slide Buffy’s jeans off, then ripping her panties off tossing them over his shoulder.

Buffy whimpered at the loss of contact but recovered after feeling the cool air hit her now bear lower half, she reached up tugging and pulling down Spike’s jeans. He helped her but was stopped by his boots, but there was no time to remove them. Buffy wrapped her legs around his waist arching her hips to meet him.

Spike positioned himself at her opening then slammed into her. Buffy let out a cross between a moan and a scream; the pain subsided and quickly replaced with mind numbing pleasure. Buffy’s hips rocked meeting every thrust Spike issued upon her lithe form, it was fast and frenzied, as the two toppled towards their release.

The pace quickened, toes curled, nailed racked across skin, Buffy’s eye’s squinted shut as she climaxed shouting Spike’s name. Spike soon followed her with his own climax releasing his seed deep with her womb, as he buried his face in her neck mumbling her name.

They both laid there for several moments, letting their breathing return to normal, both hearing the sound of keys entering the locked front door.

*******************************

Angel entered the house removing his keys from the door shoving them back into his jean pocket, as he walked towards the stairs.

“What are you two doing? And what’s that smell?” Angel said arching his brow.

“Just what it looks like, watching TV,” Buffy answered pointing the remote control towards the TV.

The two where on the couch, Buffy laid back with an afghan covering her legs, since she didn’t have time to turn her pants right side out and slip back into them. Spike was sitting across her with he’s feet propped up on the coffee table.

“Ooooo look at the time, shouldn’t like you two leave?” Buffy glanced at Spike then to her brother waiting for their reply.

*******************************

The sun filtered into the room beaming down upon the lifeless form in the bed buried under the comforter. Buffy slowly came back to consciousness squinting her eyes at the overly bright light raining down upon her and her unequipped eyes.

Moaning she flung her legs over the side of her bed, she pushed off to stand but Buffy’s knees where having none of that. They quickly gave way under her as she found herself face up on the floor gazing upon at her ceiling. The room began to swim and Buffy found herself swallowing hard to keep from tossing the emptiness of her stomach all over her floor, she was so not in the mood to scrub up vomit this….what time was it? Buffy glanced at the alarm clock two thirty in the afternoon, so not in the mood to scrub up vomit this semi late afternoon.

She stilled her movements draping her arm over her eyes trying her best to block out the sun, her head felt like a napalm bomb went off in it, not to mention the aluminum taste that seemed to coat her mouth.

And why was drinking such a good idea again Buffy thought to herself, then visions of naked Angel and naked Darla danced in her head. “Ewww!” escaped her mouth, followed with more images…images of her and Spike, and her mouth doing naughty things. A whimper escaped her lips that time.

“Shit, shit, shit…….SHIT! What the hell did I do?”

‘You know exactly well what you did, you got Spike totally wasted and you had your wicked way with him.’ Her inner Buffy professed with a self-satisfied smirk.

“Well when you put it that way.” Buffy said rolling her eyes, then regretted it as the room started to spin. In the span of five minutes she went from a very happy Buffy to a pissed Buffy, to a very very confused Buffy.

The phone rang startling her out of her thoughts; she pulled herself up off the floor and reached for the phone.

“Hey Wills…”

**************************

After a long hot shower and some nice comfy sweat pants later Buffy slowly slinked downstairs, peering around the corner making sure the coast was clear as voice came from behind her.

“What are you doing?”

Buffy jumped what seemed like ten feet into the air, clutching her chest she took a few deep steadying breaths.

“Nothing…nothing at all. Why would you think I was doing something, huh?”

Angel starred at his sister like she’d grown a second head. “Your acting all “007” on me, that’s all. Sometimes I worry about you.” He said walking the rest of the way down the steps heading for the kitchen.

Buffy followed him setting down on a stool at the counter.

“Ummm…where’s Spike?” Buffy asked trying not to look obvious peeking over her shoulder to the entrance to the kitchen.

“Left this morning, Dawn called. Something about Giles, plumbing, and mini flood.”

Buffy got up and poured herself some orange juice, she picked up the grapefruit carton, shaking it then turning to glare at Angel, who was sipping on his tall glass of the bitter drink.

“Thump”

“Ow, what you do that for?” Angel stood there rubbing his head with a grin on his lips.

“You know why.” Buffy turned to sit back down mumbling something about stupid brothers and drinking the last of the grapefruit juice.

“So what did you do after I left?”

Buffy’s headshot up, her eyes widen and she started to open and close her mouth with nothing coming out.

“Nothing…why what did Spike say?”

“Nothing Buff, claim down. Just making small talk.”

“Yeah, well small talk is over rated…way over rated. Yup small talk bad.” She said with a head nod.

***************************

Two days later Buffy was being “avoid-y Buffy” staying far far away from the likes of Spike. She couldn’t face him, how could she, maybe cause she wanted to do those things again, but it was bad bad, and wrong, wrong in so many ways she couldn’t begin to count.

And with the whole “I can’t believe you went against your mother and had a PARTY” guilt trip from her mom, Buffy’s brain was kinda occupied at the moment. Oh she knew she’d have to talk to Spike eventually, but not yet cause she need time and space to sort her mind out, and to come up with a good reason why she did what she did.

Deep in thought she didn’t see either one of them enter the living room, Angel was saying something to her but she hadn’t a clue since she was to busy eyeing Spike up and down. She really wished she owned a pair of x-ray glasses at that moment.

“Did you hear a word I said?” Angel questioned his sister placing his hands on his hips; Spike leaned in the doorway with his legs crossed and arms folded over his chest.

Buffy blinked chewing on her bottom lip “Yeah…no…kinda…maybe. Do you mind repeating that again?”

“What is with you? You know you haven’t been all there Buffy recently what that all about?”

“What, no what makes you think I haven’t been all there. I’ve been all there and here, see talking to you right now. Not a single care in the world. I’m so totally all here Buffy.”

Angel and Spike both snorted.

“Ok, well what ever. As I was saying Parker’s out and we need a new drummer. So we got someone coming over.”

******************************

Angel was down stairs in the basement talking things over with Conner, who was now their new drummer. Buffy slowly shut the door to the basement eyeing Spike from the side. She leaned against the now closed door folding her arms over her chest.

“So you gonna keep play the avoid game or are we going to talk?”

“I was so not playing any avoid-y game. I had…things…things and stuff to do.”

“Things like?”

“Like cleaning my room, and planning my graduation party. So see busy doing stuff, and plus you were doing the mister “fix-it” with the plumbing. ”

“Finished that on Sunday.”

“Oh”

The two stood in silence as Spike dug in his coat pocket pulling out his pack of fags, removing one then placed it in his mouth. He reached into his other pocket to retrieve his lighter. He lit the end and watched the red glow for a moment before taking a long drag. Blowing the smoke out he turned towards Buffy.

“You know I should be right pissed with you.”

Buffy’s face turned red as she pushed off the door placing her hands on her hips.

“Mad at me for what?”

“Get off it Buffy you bloody well know what for. Getting me drunk, taking advantage of me and all that rot.”

“I… no… see… cause… No.”

“Yes. You did.” Spike took another hit off his cigarette flicking the ashes into the sink.

“Ok what ever, I have no excuse for my actions. But I so totally remember you not stopping me.” ‘Take that, huh!’ Buffy added to herself mentally sticking her tongue out at him.

“Yeah well that’s after you get the whole thing started. I told you no in the beginning.”

“Ok fine, I’m sorry. I sorry for taking advantage of you Spike, it was wrong, wrong and more wrong. Never going to happen again.” Buffy put on her apologetic face batting her eyes for added effect.

“Never said I didn’t want it to happen again. Just said I didn’t want it happening like that, but not that it ever would again...right?”

“Right, cause… it’s so like “justify my love” just without the whole justify part.”

“I’ll agree to that.”

“So we’re friends again?” Buffy question suddenly finding great intrest in the hem of her shirt.

“Yeah, right as rain.”

Buffy walked over to Spike then threw her arms around him in a friendly hug, Spike wrapped his arms around her to hug her back. Buffy took a deep breath inhaling that all too familiar sent that was uniquely Spike, leather, cigarettes, and a hit of whiskey. ‘Ummm Spike sent.’ Buffy thought nestling her face into his chest.

Spike rested his chin on top of Buffy’s head as her vanilla scented skin assaulted his senses; he closed his eyes taking her in, casting ever curve of her to his memory.

Angel entered the kitchen with Conner in tow. “Hate to break up the lovefest but we got things to discuss.” Angel said as a smile played across his lips.

The couple jumped apart as if they were on fire.

“So not a lovefest. Whatever, I got to met Willow so I’ll see you all later.” Buffy waved then exited the kitchen.

“Yeah I promised Dawn I’d help her with her history.” Spike said walking out the back kitchen door.

Angel stood there looking in the directions both of them went, he thought for a moment then shook his head. ‘Impossible.’ But he couldn’t help that nagging feeling in the back of his head.

**************************
Chapter 9: Friends by GoldenBuffy
Author's Notes:
A/N Thanks for all the reviews you guys rock!
*******************************

Chapter 9: Friends



Buffy sat on Willow’s bed chewing on the tip of her pen deep in thought.

“…and Tara thought it was the most romantic thing Oz had ever done.” Willow stared at her best friend she was quite sure Buffy hadn’t heard a word she said, with a mischievous gleam in her eye Willow continued.

“And after we left your house I invited Gunn over, you know since my parents are away. I striped him naked covered him in whip cream liking him from head to toe.”

Buffy nodded her head with an “Uh-huh”

“After I had my wicked way with him I decided to join a convent for my evil ways.”

“What…you did what?” Buffy had a puzzled look on her face as she stared at her best friend.

“You haven’t heard a word I said Missy.” Willow got up off the floor to join Buffy on her bed. “So what gives?”

Buffy glanced down at her finger nails noticing she needed to make an appointment at the salon cause her manicure was starting to chip, sighing she worried her bottom lip looking back at Willow.

“You promise not to get mad?”

“Promise.” Willow said sitting up as straight as possible, holding up two fingers as if they would seal the eternal bond of promises.

“No I mean truly and fully swear that no matter what passes my lips you wont go all wiggy.”

********************************
* 15 minutes later *

Willow brought her hands to her eyes trying to block out the mental image, and then shook her head since that didn’t work.

“Ewww, I don’t blame you for getting drunk. I think if I walked in on Darla and Angel I’d gouge my eyes out.” She shuddered from the after thought. Turning back to Buffy Willow put on her patented “resolve” face and her “stern” voice.

“Buffy Ann Summers what in the world possessed you to do that?” Willow said frantically waving her hands in the air “and with Spike. And-and what about protection…and Angel?”

Buffy’s face visibly paled as she crossed her arms over her chest and whining slightly. “You see one of the advantages of being drunk is you kinda forget about that kinda thing. And the whole sex thing, it seemed like a good idea at the time.”

“Do you NOT attend health class Buffy?” It was more of an accusation than question.

Willow did a quick calculation in her head.

“Ok well we all left from your house around twelve thirty-ish, then you did the whole ‘le femme fatal’ thing, so I’d say it happened around two thirty-ish give or take a few. So we have time.” Willow finished with a smile quite pleased with herself.

“Time for what Wills, not that I’m in the mood for twenty questions but what gives?”

Willow patted Buffy’s head as if a mother was consoling her child, and giving her a ‘duh’ look in the process.

“It’s safe to say that the ‘I’m stupid and horny’ drunken sex took place early Saturday morning, which still leaves the seventy two hour time window for you to get to your doctor and get those morning after pills.”

“Willow I knew there was a reason why I have you as a friend.” Buffy jumped up hugging her best friend.

*******************************


After getting the whole ‘birth control is important’ speech my her OB, Buffy was given her pill, her brain did a mental flip as images of her and her new best friend Dru crumbled to dust. Placing the pill in her mouth she downed it with the offered paper cup of water.


After another heart to heart with her doctor and reassurance that everything was confidential, meaning no mom finding out Buffy ushered herself out into the waiting room.

Buffy walked back out into the waiting room to a very eager looking Willow staring at her, placing the book back onto the chair next to her Willow jumped up and walked towards her friend.

“So everything’s ok?”

Buffy turned to face Willow, “Just peachy, just have to down pill number two twelve hours after this one.”

******************************

Buffy was sitting on the couch polishing her nails and humming to herself; now that disaster was adverted she was able to relax. Angel was cleaning because their mother so kindly stated that he would earn his keep, and not keep mooching off the Summers women or any woman for that matter.

The phone rang and Buffy leaned over to answer it.

“Hello? Oh hey Wills what’s up…ok…yeah that’s cool. Nah I don’t mind…what? no I said it was cool. I’ll just see you on Saturday kay…”

Angel’s brow scrunched together as he shot up from behind the TV with something clutched in his hand.

“What’s this?” He practically shouted holding the material up in the air flashing her his best irritated glance.

“Oooo…Wills gotta go.” Buffy slammed the phone down a bit harder than she intended. Searching for the rights words Buffy wrung her hands together biting her bottom lip.

“They seem to be my underwear.”

“I know that! I’m asking what the hell are they doing behind the TV?”

“Would you believe they fall back there while I did laundry?” Buffy asked arching her brow.

“Yeah they fell back there along with being…” he glancing at them again “ripped off.”

The siblings stared at each other, Angel getting redder and redder with each passing moment, why did he make her feel like she was three years old with that look? And why did his head look as if it was going to explode like that dude in “Big Trouble in Little China”?

“What happen….?”

“Riley, yeah that’s, it they happened with Riley.” Buffy was quite pleased with herself.

Angel sputtered with the revelation “I’m gonna kill him. I can’t believe he touched you.”

************************

“Evil I know but disaster adverted.” Buffy placed her iced java mocha down on the restaurant table.

The coffee shop was almost deserted but a few patrons turned to look at the teens.

Willow and Tara couldn’t stop laughing along with the metal image of Angel tuning red hold his sister’s unmentionables.

“Are we still on for the Bronze?”

“Oh I’m sorry Buffy but Oz wanted me to come with him this weekend. We’re leaving after school tomorrow.”

Tara explained covering Buffy’s hand with hers.

Buffy shrugged “That’s cool, spending time with your man.”

Willow was still laughing wiping at the tears that formed in the corner of her eyes.

“Well it could happen. I mean the last time Angel cleaned behind the TV was a year and a half ago, and Riley and I was still an item. So Wills what’s up with you, Bronzing or what?”

Willow sobered at the question and her smile turned into a frown.

“I’m sorry Buffy but Gunn kinda made plans and I’m kinda going along with.”

Buffy smiled but her shoulders slumped “That’s cool I forgot you told me already.”

*****************************


Buffy laid across her bed flipping through her Wednesday night home work of History and Geometry II, her feet were swinging in the air behind her, and she chewed on her eraser at the end of her pencil with the radio blasting in the back ground. She wasn’t really concentrating on the task at hand but was doodling as she thought.

Closing her eyes she sucked in a deep breath imagining that Spike was with her, and that all to distinguishable smell that he possessed. ‘Stop it.’ Her brain called to her, with a sigh Buffy hopped off the bed heading out of her room.

****************************

Entering the kitchen she had pulled her blonde locks into a haphazard twist, held together with some plastic chopsticks she picked up off her dresser on the way out of her bedroom door. Stopping dead in her tracks Buffy was met with Angel at the receiving end of a very sloppy and loud kiss from Darla.

Buffy scrunched her nose placing her hands over her eyes.

“Ewww much. Get a room, wait better yet don’t get a room and just get fixed. The world would thank you for not reproducing your spawn.” Smirking Buffy walked across the floor to the refrigerator.

Darla rolled her eyes as Angel flashed her a look.

“You are planning to show up for practice tomorrow night aren’t you.”

Buffy shut the door a bit harder than she realized then turned around to face her brother and a smirking Darla, like that bitch had some idea about what went on with her and Spike. Buffy’s rational brain went out the window ‘OMG she knows, I’m like a walking banner that screams, “I fuck Spike!” And now she told Angel and now he knows.’ She glanced at Angel who was sitting there with a smirk of his own. ‘Oh God he knows! Oh God, Oh God!’

“Buffy did you hear me?” Angel started to get up to see to his sister.

Buffy’s rational brain came back from its small trip and she blinked to focus her eyes and thoughts.

“Yup, fine and dandy. Why are you looking at me like that?” She raised her hand to her face swatting at what offending material that could be there.

“Stop that, there’s nothing on your face. I was asking if you were coming to practice then you go all zone-y on me.” Angel arched his brow at Buffy; he was starting to sound like his sister, which was scary with in its own right.

“You’re starting to worry me, I think all that alcohol went to your head.” He said stifling a laugh.

Buffy rolled her eyes and grabbed a glass from the dish rack then walked out onto the back porch.

************************

Sitting down on the back steps looking over the back yard Buffy popped the top to her can of coke, still didn’t’ replace the diet yet, she rolled her eyes and poured it into the glass.

“Mind if I get one of those?”

Buffy opened her eyes and a small smile graced her lips.

“Hey.”

Spike walked over to her motioning to sit on the step, Buffy answered with her scooting over a bit to give him more room. Not that Spike needed the extra room, not with his smooth slender hips that were just oh so sexy in those tight black jeans, and how did he manage to keep said jeans up all the time, when he only wore a belt once in a while.

Buffy mentally slapped herself ‘Clean happy thoughts not dirty naked Spike thoughts.’ she said.

“So I take it your not playing avoid-y Buffy you just been busy and couldn’t show for practice today?” he said never looking at her.

“Am I that see through?” Buffy questioned raising her hand in front of her as if she could see through it.

Spike smirked and looked her directly in the eyes. “Nah, only to me you are.”

“Oh.” The words came out more breathy than Buffy had intended them to as she unconsciously edged closer to him.

“Yeah.”

Buffy found her lips only inches from Spike’s and her eyes darted to them, those lush intoxicating lips. She found herself wondering if they were as soft as she remembered and she licked her bottom lip, which didn’t go unnoticed to Spike.

“Buffy… I’m gonna kiss you know.”

“Ah huh.” Buffy replied lazily nodding her head never taking her eyes off of his lips.

Spike slid his one arm around her waist bring her flush against his body as he wrapped his other hand into her hair after removing it from its restraints, crushing his mouth against hers. Buffy released a moan as their lips connected as she felt Spike’s tongue enter her mouth. The kiss was soft and sweet but yet hungry as they explored each other’s mouths learning each other, feeling each other.

The back door swung open break the two out of their endeavors, trying not to pant for the needed air Buffy turned her face towards the backyard, trying to hide her flustered look.

“Peaches.” Spike greeted Angel

Angel looked at the pair with a raised eyebrow and crossed his arms over his chest.

“Mom told me to tell you dinners ready.” Angel pointed inside towards the dinning room. “You stayin for dinner?”

Spike shook his head then stood up brushing off the back of his duster.

“Going to get my car. It’s in the shop.”

A nod to his friend then a glace at Buffy Spike headed out of the back yard towards the auto shop.

“What was that all about?”

“What? What was what all about?” Buffy played dumb.

“The whole quite routine when I came out here?” Angel raised both is brows in a questioning manner.

Buffy stood and shrugged brushing the dirt off her bum, she bent down to pick up the half empty glass of coke then walked past her brother.

“We were talking that’s all. Geez Angel the way you’re acting one would think we were plotting an evil plot against you and your hair behind your back.”

***************************

Friday night the Bronze was packed and the cover for entrance was free, not to mention drinks were half priced as well. Angel and Spike sat at a table in the back but were you could see all the action on the dance floor, and the comings and goings of the people in the club.

Darla had returned with their drinks, placing them on the table then straddled Angel’s knee for a chair.

“Is Buffy coming?” Conner asked walking over to the trio then sitting down across from Spike.

“Yeah she is.”

“What’s it to ya?”

Angel answered and Spike questioned at the same time.

Conner was about to reply when Spike’s eye fixed on someone or something and he followed his gaze. Faith had just walked in spying them at the table with a Buffy in tow.

Spike reached over and nudged Angel in his ribs “You let you little sister out like that?” He stressed the little part for effect.


Angel turned his gaze towards Spike’s out stretched finger and he’s mouth dropped open, his eyes bugged out of his head.

Faith was dressed in a very tight and very short black leather skirt, with a red lacy bra and see through black belly shirt over it. Accompanied with 6’ inch stiletto heels that laced at the ankle, dark smoky black eye shadow graced her eyes with black eye liner and blood red lipstick kissed her lips. And Faith’s hair was fanned out around her head with a sight tease.

But that wasn’t what shocked Angel he was used to Faith looking like that, but what got his attention and every red-blooded male in the club’s attention was his…HIS…LITTLE sister.

Buffy stepped out to stand next to Faith as they walked towards the table. She was wearing a pair of red leather pants that looked as if they were painted onto her, as they hung low on her hips, just showing a peek of her pelvis bone. A thin gold chain rest upon her waist and her half corset top spouted forth much cleavage. The dark red eye shadow was smoky like Faith’s, and they seemed to enhance her hazel eyes, her lips were encased in a glittery ruby red lipstick and lined with black lip liner. Red sandaled styled 4’ inch stilettos graced her feet and her hair was pulled into another haphazard ponytail with fringed bangs hanging over her eyes.

Spike’s reaction was pure surprise just like Angel’s but for totally different reasons, and he couldn’t help the way his body was reacting to her either. He was very glad he wore his leather duster that night, as he slowly pulled it over his lap.

The two stopped at the table and Buffy waved a girly wave with an innocent smile.

“Hey.”

Angel jumped up out of his sit almost knocking Darla over in the process.

“What are you wearing!?” He gestured pointing to her outfit.

Buffy looked down at herself and frowned “What you don’t like?”

She looked back up at Angel who had turned another shade of red, who’d have though that a human could turn such color.

“Buffy you look….you look…like a slut.”

“Thanks.” Faith said with a smile from ear to ear.

“I tried my best.”

“Come off it Angel she looks good.” Darla said lending her end of support, not for Buffy but she liked the reaction Buffy was getting from Angel, and she wanted to fan the fire.

“He’s right, you shouldn’t be here dressed like that.” Spike said narrowing his gaze at Buffy who only smirked back at him.

“Look, I’m here to have fun and that is what I plan to do. Faith put a lot of effort into helping me look nice and I’m here to stay.” Buffy said nodding her head and crossing her arms over her chest, which made them heave a bit more out in the open.

Spike had to suppress a groan, Angel a growl, Darla a laugh, and Conner just stared.

“Come on B lets dance.” Faith said taking Buffy by the hand leading her to the dance floor.

**************************

The two danced with each other on the floor swaying to the beat hips moving sultry as they circled each other, the brunette moved her hands to the blonde’s hips as the blonde back up towards her. The two laughed as the circle of guys crowed around them, getting thicker and thicker with each song.

Buffy had to laugh to herself internally, yes she would never do this in a million years, nor would she leave the house looking the ways he did, but for once she wanted to have some fun out of the mold everyone made for her. So if dancing with another girl was wrong then she liked it, at lest she could admit one “wrong” thing to herself, but Spike was one hundred percent wrong, so why even now she couldn’t get him out of her mind?

“Where the hell she learn to do that?” Angel bellowed out pointing towards his sister.

Spike had to smirk at that comment then laughed.

“And why is she practically screwing Faith on the dance floor!!! Huh will someone please enlighten me.”

“Oh please Angel quite with the over protective brother shit. You could be having so much more fun.” Darla cooed leaning up to bite on his earlobe. Angel forgot about his sister doing her hoochie dancing for the moment.

***************************

Buffy had finally come to claim a set, plopping down next to Conner who gave her a small smile eyeing up her outfit. How she let Faith talk her into wearing the outfit she’s never know, she was tired of feeling like eye candy. Suddenly a glass of diet coke was thrust into her face connected to a leather-clad arm.

“Figured you’d be thirsty.” Spike said sitting down next to her.

“Umm cold.” Buffy mumbled after taking a mouthful from the straw.

Spike eyed Buffy for a moment before speaking.

“What with this?”

“Oh this…nothing just wanted a change that’s all. Wanted to see the guys all hot and bothered.” She dead panned with a straight face.

“Well I think you got them all flustered. But I mean hanging with Faith.”

Buffy shrugged “No biggie. Everyone else where doing couple-y things and I was board so Faith tagged along. Flustered huh?”

Buffy smiled and did a little victory dance in her set, she really wanted to ask him if he was all flustered but decided not to. Leaning over she took another pull on her drink, Spike couldn’t help but to be mesmerized by her ruby red lips, he watched as her mouth wrapped around the straw as she took slow deep sucks off of it.

He had to close he’s eyes and swallow hard, he wanted nothing more than to grab her throw her across the table and have his wicked way with her. Sod all the people here or the way Angle would react. All Spike knew was he wanted Buffy again, he want to hold her to taste ever inch of her… he needed her to quick sucking on that damn straw.

He was intrepid in his deep thought by some pimply-faced teen rudely staring down Buffy’s top.

“Want to dance?” He asked her wearily.

“Sod off you git, can’t you see she’s busy.” Spike snapped rolling his eyes.

Conner couldn’t help but laugh and Buffy flashed them both an annoyed look.

Angel, Darla, and Faith came back to the table. Angel grabbed Buffy’s diet coke and drained the glass.

“Hey! Was drinking that.”

“Yeah, well your not anymore. Spike’s going to take you home. I’m driving Darla and Faith…Conner…”

Buffy and Spike cut in at the same time.

“Spike’ll ride Conner.”

I”ll take ‘im.”

“Ok good. Tell mom I’ll be in shortly.” Angel finished with a nod of his head; Darla did a small finger wave.

“Later B, see ya cutie.” Faith finished winking at Spike then turned back to Buffy, making a phone sign with her right hand mouthing the words ‘call me’ to her.

****************************

After a brief squabble over who should be dropped off first Conner won, saying he needed to get back to help his grandfather with his medications for the night. So after dropping him off Buffy and Spike sat in front of her house still in the Desoto.

“So I came to a conclusion.” Buffy spoke looking at her house then down at her fingers.

“About?”

“Stuff, things, that kiss the other night. We so shouldn’t have done that. And with us being friends, and how we are so not good together if we’re alone…in a room…or back porch…”

“Buffy we’re grown ‘m pretty sure we can control our hormones.”

“Yeah I so believe that.” She said rolling her eyes.

“Fine then. Let’s just get it out of the way, it’s clearly an attraction thing, yeah?”

“Yup, so if we kiss again that should just get it all out of our systems and back to old Spike and Buffy.”

“Right.”

Before Spike could finish Buffy launched herself onto his lap and started to attack his mouth, automatically wrapping his arms around her waist pulling her closer to him if that was even possible. The kiss started to deepen more fevered as hands roamed over skin, fingers pulling at clothes. Then Buffy’s rational brain kicked in and she pulled back leaning against the steering wheel.

“See?” She said slipping back over to the passenger set.

“Yeah, so tell why that’s a bad idea again?”

“Well for one there’s the whole “I’ll kill you for touching me sister” Angel.”

Spike thought about that for a second then agreed with Buffy, a pissed off Angel is one no one enjoyed dealing with. Especially when the vein in the middle of his forehead started to throb like it was coming to life, and he got this evil glint in his eye, oh yeah Angel was down right piss worthy scary.

“And then…I’m just not ready for another “Riley” incident.” Buffy’s hands were locked into battle with each other as the words spilled from her lips.

“Yeah, and it’s not like I’m ready to relive another Dru. Not saying your anything thing like her or nothin…”

“I know.” Buffy smiled over at Spike, the two sat in comfortable silence with Spike tapping his fingers along the steering wheel to a tone only he could here. Buffy wondered what it was then figured it had to be the Sex Pistols or something.

“That’s a right fine out get you go there, all those edible bits out for the taken.”

Buffy started laughing and playfully slapped Spike on the arm.

“Yeah well that was the plan, look as trashy as Faith.”

“Well you didn’t pull it off, you look…nice.”

“Just nice.” Buffy said crossing her arms over under her chest and arching a brow.

“Well no…sexy. Walking sex was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw you.”

Buffy ducked her head and started to blush.

“Really?” Damn there went that breathy voice again Buffy thought as she leaned closer into Spike, reaching a had out she traced his scarred eye brow then down to one of his sculpted cheek bones, ending at his lips. She hesitantly pulled her hand back then brought her face to his and placed a sound full kissed him on the lips.

Spike scooped Buffy up and placed her back on his lap as she straddling his hips, she could feel her voice of reason trying to call to her but she decide to force it into the recess of her mind, and lock it away with a do not disturb sign. Feeing the evidence of Spike’s desire for her Buffy pushed down with her hips getting a moan in response. Smiling she started to unbutton his shirt so she could run her hands along his chiseled abdomen, the same time Spike was slowly undoing the tiny hook-n-eyes on her top, breaking the kiss he trailed butterfly kisses along her jawbone then onto her neck.

“Buffy?”

The two stopped and looked towards Buffy’s front porch, focusing her eyes Buffy sighed.

“Here I come mom.” She said after slipping back off of Spike’s lap and rolling down the window. For once she was grateful for the heavily tinted windows and that Spike got his ac fixed.

****************************

A/N You know the deal, flood me praise! LOL ^_~
Chapter 10: Subtle Sighs by GoldenBuffy
Author's Notes:
Thanks for the reviews everyone!!!
*****************************

Chapter 10: Subtle Sighs


It had been a week since the night at the Bronze, and Buffy almost letting Spike jump her bones. With that thought she sighed, tossing her t-shirt across her room aiming for her laundry hamper but missed. Instead the offending material flopped onto the floor next to the bin.

Buffy should have been happy, prom was coming soon, and graduation rehearsal was already in swing but, she wasn’t happy. She knew why deep down inside, but she wouldn’t admit it, not to herself, and not to anyone else. Buffy wasn’t even ready to truly believe her feelings for Spike, so she acted her best to be normal Buffy. She hated life.

Angel popped his head in her room after a quick knock to let her know practice would began soon, rolling her eyes Buffy pushed off her bed and headed downstairs to the basement. Buffy was descending the stairs, and about to turn the corner to heading to the kitchen, when Joyce called to Buffy before she could.

“Can you come in here for a second sweetie?”

Buffy could tell it was more of a demand than question. She quickly turned her body in the correct direction, trotting into the living room to see what her mother wanted.

Joyce smiled at Buffy as she entered the room and Buffy gave her a warm smile back. Patting the cushion next to her Joyce motioned for her daughter to join her.

“What’s up mom?” Buffy asked, flopping down next to her mother, and turning to look at her.

“Nothing honey,” she said, staring at her daughter, rubbing her hand over Buffy’s cheek.

Sighing Joyce placed her paper work on the coffee table then turned so her knee was facing Buffy’s, which was currently positioned under her thigh.

“Rupert and I have decided that since we all seem so much like family we’re going to start having ‘family’ dinners once a week. And to mark the occasion we all are going out this Thursday for dinner.”

Buffy had opened her mouth to protest, but her mother raised a hand to silence her.

“I’ve already heard enough from Angel, and I’m not in the mood to here any lip from you. This is final, we have decided on this, and you will join us, and you will have fun and be happy.”

Buffy only nodded her head as her shoulders sunk. What did this mean? “We’re like family” 'what the hell?' Buffy thought, what did that mean for her and Spike…wait why was she thinking there was anything between her and Spike? Before Buffy realized it her feet had pushed her body off of the couch and she was standing in the kitchen with her hand on the doorknob leading to the basement.

‘This is so not of the good.’ Buffy was entertaining that idea when Angel’s voice penetrated her mind.

“Get you ass down here NOW BUFFY!”

Rolling her eyes she could picture that all to present blue vein throbbing in the middle of his forehead and she burst into laughter descending down the steps closing the door behind her.

***************************

Thursday night arrived and Buffy sat at her vanity putting the finishing touches on herself before she got dressed. She had slipped her blow dryer back in its place, and then turned to look at her reflection in the vanity mirror. She had her hair pulled back into a bun and a butterfly diamond hair clip to accent it with a slight bang hugging her forehead, placing some light blush to her cheeks after sucking them in, she added “virgin” pink lip stick to her lips, and followed that up with matching eye shadow.

Reaching into her jewelry box she extracted her matching butterfly necklace and slipped it on clasping it at the nape of her neck. She then reached to her right to pick up her bottle of vanilla perfume adding it to her pulse points then spraying a dab in her high heels for the evening. After Buffy replaced the bottle she stood and walked over to her closet and retrieved her dress, it was a simple evening dress, off white with a pink belt that went around her waist accompanied with a small pink bow just above her navel, the spaghetti straps slid over her frame with ease.

After slipping into her dress and zipping up her back, which was a feat within itself, she sat on the edge of her bed and placed her pink heels on her feet. A knock at the door startled her, looking up she greeted her guest with the utterance of ‘come in’.

Angel entered the bedroom as a smirk greeted his lips looking at his sister.

“My don’t we look enchanting this evening?”

“You don’t look to bad yourself there Mister ‘GQ’,” she said, looking up at her brother after adjusting her heels to fit just right.

Angel was dressed in a casual yet classy two piece suite; dark beige egyptian cotton chinos with matching jacket and charcoal black silk shirt underneath, with some elegant shoes rounding off the ensemble.

“Mom’s ready to go, we got reservations at eight.”

“I’m ready.”

Buffy stood up and glanced at herself one last time in her floor mirror then picked up her purse sliding the thin spaghetti like strap onto her right shoulder.

“Oooo and is that cologne I smell?” She teased her brother as she walked past him.

******************************

Everyone met outside the restaurant. Dawn was talking animatedly to Spike about some new boy she met in school, and he was sending her disapproving looks with a few idle threats thrown in. Giles was looking more nervous than he normally did wiping his hands on the leg of his gray trousers, casually running his hands down his matching blazer to smooth out any wrinkles, the gray of his outfit was set off by his crisp white shirt underneath and a plaid tie.

Joyce embraced Giles in a friendly and calming hug and they shared a quick kiss. Buffy and Dawn complemented each other on their dresses. Dawn was dressed in a turquoise knee length dress with a chunky tank top styled straps on her shoulders that cress-crossed on her back, her hair was pulled back into a tight French braid with wisps of hair curled and framing her face, making her appear the image of innocence. Her legs were encased in sheer black stockings, and her feet sported black pumps, and only a hit of red lip gloss graced her lips finishing off the outfit.

Angel and Spike stood smirking at each other and Dawn started to giggle, Buffy turned around and her breath nearly caught in her throat. He looked good, no, he looked better than good, Buffy could eat him alive. How was she going to make it through dinner tonight, and why did they have to do this at all? Spike’s reaction to Buffy was quite the same, and he cursed his fate and the fact that he’s have to sit all night staring at this vision of an angel.

Quickly recovering Buffy said with a smirk “You clean up well William,” stressing his birth name

Spike replied with a snort like laugh “Not to bad yourself Goldilocks.”

It was too funny as if it was planned but the smirk the two shared upon greeting told the truth. Angel and Spike were dressed in the same outfit, except Spike’s suite was a dark blue, and he had a deep yellow silk shirt on underneath the jacket. On anyone else the outfit would have looked ridiculous but on Spike it fit him to a T, like the suite was made just for him, vibrant and full of life just like him.

Stepping back Giles gave Joyce a quick one over then complemented her on her simple black dress of chiffon that landed at her ankles and quarter length sleeves that were sheer, a gold necklace accented the dress, and Joyce’s hair was curled and fell to her earlobes. A matching gold bangle sat on her left wrist and on her right was her gold small faced watched enhanced with faux diamonds.

After the greetings everyone entered to dine.

**************************
The dinner was going well they had made it through the appetizers and were started on the main course, Buffy and Spike kept steeling glances at each other. When Buffy intercepted a few that Spike sent her way shed met his eyes for a moment then glance back down at her food with a slight blush to her cheeks. Angel caught the last exchange and raised an eyebrow, then glanced at his sister, then to his best friend. He laughed to himself that it was ridiculous to think anything was behind the stolen looks.

Buffy sat in her chair suddenly feeling like a small child lost in the woods picking at her cheesecake. It looked delicious and now she wished she wasn’t told the news until after she’d eaten it, the chocolate called to her as its liquidness oozed down the side of the solid off white color of the sweet treat.

Dawn happily munched at her ice cream sundae bopping her head to a tune only she could hear. Spike had in not so many words excused himself from the table to head outside for a smoke, and Angel decided to join him for the air. Buffy was still replaying the words in slow motion in her head. Giles and her mother where getting married how wiggy was that? So Buffy did the best thing she could do she started to pout.

***************************

Angel was the last one in the jeep to head home, Joyce pulled out of the parking lot glancing back at her son in the review mirror for a second before returning her eyes back on the road. Buffy sat next to her in the passenger set wringing her hands together and worrying her bottom lip.

“I am happy for you see.” Buffy said sitting up straight in her set pasting on a fake smile. “Happy Buffy!”

Joyce sighed shaking her head. Angel glared at the back of his sister’s head raising his hand to thump her with it, but quickly changed his mind slumping down farther into his set. The remainder of the drive was in silence until they pulled up to house on 1630 Revello Drive. Joyce quickly turned the vehicle off and opened the driver’s side door to exit, Buffy and Angel followed suite dreading what might come once inside.

To their surprise Joyce was deceptively calm, they watched as she started to ascend the stairs to the second floor, stopping she turned to face them.

“I’m not going to lecture you two I feel you’re far to old for that. But I will voice to you how disappointed I am with both of you, and reaction to the news Giles and I shared. We have come a long way in this relationship and he makes me happy, and I thought you would be as happy or at lest pleased as I am.”

Angel hung his head in defeat as the memories of his reactions earlier that night weighed upon him. Shoving his hands into the pockets of his chinos as he kicked at an imaginary dust bunny on the floor.

Buffy just crossed her arms over her chest shifting her weight from one foot to the other adverting her gaze to the ground.

“Sorry.” The siblings uttered out in low mumbles in unison.

Joyce narrowed her eyes into small slits placing her hands on her hips. “Is that all you have to say for yourselves?” She looked at her son then over to her daughter then back to her son. Neither on of them made a sound and Angel only answered her question with a slight shrugging of his left shoulder. Sighing Joyce turned to head to her bedroom “Maybe after a good nights sleep you’ll come to your scenes.”

******************************

Buffy scrubbed her face clean of the remaining make-up then rinse with warm water, grabbing a towel she blotted at her face until it was dry. Turning to head out the bathroom she flipped off the light and walked to her bedroom. Grabbing a pair of pink pajamas with fluffy clouds on them, she slipped the tank top on first then the bottoms. Wandering over to bed Buffy whipped back the comforters and sheet then lowered herself down covering her legs, sighing she turned out the lights.

Buffy laid like that for an hour tossing and turning she couldn’t sleep, turning to look at the time it read twelve thirty. She threw off the coverings with frustration and headed to her closet to grab some clothes, a pair of jeans and a white T-shirt. Whipping her hair up into a quick ponytail she slipped on some sneakers then walked over to her window, taking a quick scan making sure nosy neighbors were in their homes sleep she inched out onto the roof then hoped into the tree.

******************************

Feet walking Buffy had no idea where she was headed to; she just knew she needed to talk. Frowning Buffy looked up when she realized we her traitorous feet brought her…Spike’s house. The one place avoid-y Buffy was trying well to avoid, and quickly turned to walk away.

“Well look what the cat dragged in.”

‘Damn!’ she thought balling her fist and stomping her foot on the ground.

“Spike.”

“Goldilocks.” Spike greeted folding his arms are his chest leaning on the open door frame. “What can I do you for?”

Turning around to finally face him and that always present smirk she knew he wore Buffy opened her mouth. “Confused so I kinda ran.”

Spike pushed off the doorframe and stepped back into the house Buffy knew that was his way of saying ‘get your bloody arse in here’ and so she went.
Once inside Spike shut the door behind his guest and locked the door. Buffy took a quick swallow ‘I can do this.’ She boasted to herself while eyeing Spike from her peripheral vision. Spike turned and headed up the steps with Buffy close on his heels, walking down the hall they passed Dawn’s room, then stopped at the middle door on the left it was Spike’s. Warning bells went off in her head Spike + room = BAD it shouted at her, turning around Spike could see the internal battle going on inside of Buffy. Sighing he rolled his eyes and grabbed her by the hand pulling her inside.

“Eww barbaric much.” Buffy exclaimed plopping down on the worn couch that sat in front of Spike’s TV which was accompanied by the X-box and Playstation, the jewel cases to each video game was line in a pile against the wall, the controllers were neatly put away and surprisingly Spike’s room wasn’t as much of a disaster area like Angel’s. Her brother’s room was like the Bermuda Triangle, things went in but many never made it back out, then Buffy thought so why couldn’t Darla get sucked in there and never come out.

Spike sat down next to Buffy in his normal sprawled out demeanor, resting his left ankle on his right knee.

“So…”

“So…so what?” Buffy was puzzled and it was clearly written across her face.

“What’s with the wondering around in the middle of the night?’

Buffy pulled her ponytail until it sat upon her right shoulder; she grabbed a lock of hair starting to twist it. Pondering her next words how would she say them or what would she say at all? Arching her eyebrow at her own question Buffy started chewing on her bottom lip.

Spike sat there watching the emotions play across Buffy’s face, the way she was idly playing with her hair, the biting of her lip, the heave of her chest with every breath she took she was killing him and didn’t even know it.

“Well? And don’t make me play that soddin ‘well what’ game” he said wiggling his finger in her face.

Buffy sighed and turned her body to face Spike; tucking her legs under her body she rested her left side on the back of the couch.

“This whole thing has gotten me wiggy you know…not my mom and Giles I mean…I don’t know.” She sighed glancing down at her fingernails. “The first thing I thought when my mom told me that we were like “family” was you…what that meant for us, not that I’m saying there is an us, but God…Spike why’d you let me get you drunk?” Buffy’s shoulders slumped in defeat.

“Bollocks, you had a evil plot that I should hav’ seen comin’. You didn’t get your way so you resort to get me plastered.”

“OMG I so did not…ok so maybe I did. But still it’s the principle that counts, and why didn’t you know your were getting drunk you drink all the time like you don’t know.” Buffy finished in a huff.

“Are you daft? How they hell should I…oh bugger it bugger it all.”

Spike jumped up off the couch and started pacing the room, stopping over at his dresser to remove a cigarette from his pack, lighting it up he took a deep drag feeling the burn in his lungs before blowing it out. Feeling a bit calmer from the nicotine he turned to face the girl on his couch.

“You know you only had to ask.” Spike said in almost a whispered tone adverting his eyes to the ground as the words spilled from his lips.

Buffy replied with a whisper as well. “I did, but you refused.” She couldn’t help but notice the small blush that he tried to hid from her grace his cheeks, it made her feel all fuzzy inside.

Spike walked back over to join her, setting down he turned to face her again.

“You were drunk I didn’t want to take advantage of you Buffy. I didn’t want to get you off then you regretted it in the morning.”

“I didn’t and I wouldn’t have. Granted I played avoid-y Buffy after and kinda been playing it now after car lap dance.” A tiny chuckle escaped her throat. “But it wasn’t because of you it was me, I needed to think…about stuff…and stuff.” They both laughed and Spike took another hit off his fag, blowing the smoke away from the blonde perched on his couch.

“Right, glade to here that, cause you kinda know how to make a bloke not feel welcomed.” Spike finished with a smirk.

Buffy played with a stray strand of thread from the couch cushion snickering at the smirk she knew Spike was wearing at the moment, casting her gaze upward she found herself met with shimmering cerulean orbs, and she was lost in them drowning in the emotions they played out for her. Spike found himself lost in a sea of hazel and green fields; he reached out her cupped her right cheek circling his thumb in a soothing manner. Buffy found herself leaning into his caress still locked on those very expressive eyes.

Their heads slowly inched closer together until Buffy could feel Spike’s warm breath on her lips, she could almost taste the cigarette he had just smoked, she was transfixed on those luscious lips. Foreheads now touching Spike reached out and slightly brushed his lips over Buffy’s in a loving manner.

“What are we doing?” he asked in a heavy lusted filled tone.

“I don’t know.” Buffy replied then cupping her hands to Spike’s face as she devoured his mouth in a greedily fashion. Moving her hands from his face to tangle them through his gelled hair, Spike slowly inched his way under Buffy’s T-shirt and cupped her right silk covered breast in his hand, kneading it, and then squeezed the nipple lightly to a peak. Buffy arched into his hand as a moan escaped from her swallowed by his mouth still attached to hers.

Breaking off the kiss Spike peppered kisses along Buffy’s jaw then to her right ear nipping then sucking on it, making a trail down her neck, again alternating between nipping and sucking. Buffy dropped her hands and snaked then under Spike’s black T-shirt running them over his taught abdomen then raising them giving his left nipple a slight tug with her left hand, Spike let a small hiss tumble from his lips as he attached her left earlobe.

Buffy’s hand found its way down to the denim clad erection aching for release, brushing across it lightly made Spike’s hips thrust forward involuntary. Buffy’s other hand decided to join the party as she started to work on the button to Spike’s jeans. Spike ravaged Buffy’s mouth once more seeking her tongue enticing her to play with him, twirling and coxing each other as he removed the T-shirt from her only breaking contact to pull it over her head. Buffy’s hands fumbled a bit but they finally achieved their goal, slowly she pulled the zipper down freeing Spike’s erection, she slid the jeans down half way then Spike took over removing them tossing them to the ground.

“Need you.” Spike uttered in a raspy desired filled voice staring into Buffy’s eyes.

“I need you too.” She replied leading him back down to capture his lips in a searing kiss.

Spike undid the button on Buffy’s jeans and tore down the zipper, with fluid motion he pulled her jeans off to join the pile on the floor, doing the same to her white lacy thong. Reaching up he unclasped the white lacy bra that covered the supple mounds that he so desperately wanted to fest on, running his fingers under the straps Spike pushed the material down Buffy’s arms. Sitting up slightly Buffy aided in the removal of the offending item then laid back down. Spike dipped his head taking one breast into his mouth, swirling his tongue of the shaded peak then adding a slight nip with his blunt teeth, the sensation shot right to Buffy’s heat making her wetter than she already was, aching to be filled she thrust her hips up causing Spike’s penis to brush upon her clitoris, the air was filled with two desire filled moans from the sensation the touch caused.

Spike continued with his worship of Buffy’s breast as she mewed her approval lazily playing with the curls at the nape of his neck. Spike released the breast he was lavishing with a pop then trailed kissed downward onto her soft taught stomach, dipping his tongue into her navel then planting a feather like kiss on top of it, Buffy’s eyes were glassed over with lust as she watch through hooded eyes his descending head. Spike settled between Buffy’s legs trailing kisses along her inner thighs working his way to his intended goal. Buffy gasped as she felt his warm slick tongue approached her opening, her mind started to race a bit. ‘What is he doing? I have to stooooo…’ “Oooo.”

Spike couldn’t help the smile that crossed his face as he listened to the pleasure filled moans that escaped Buffy’s throat as he worked her clit in his mouth sucking, then flicking his tongue over it. Slipping one finger inside her center he worked a rhythm, moving his thrust with each suck he made on her sex. Buffy’s hips started rocking in tune with him as she could feel herself getting closer to the edge. Spike inserted a second finger then a third as he alternated between hard then slow sucks. Buffy’s eyes fluttered closed as she felt her stomach tighten with warmth that spread to her whole body, her legs moved on their own accorded to rest on Spike’s shoulders and her hips moved at a frantic rate. “Oh my god…Spike…SPIKE!”, Spike didn’t stop his ministrations and continued with is set pace until Buffy rode out her climax.

Falling back on the couch her legs relaxed and a clouding lust filled look took over her eyes as a small smile danced upon her lips. Spike removed his finger from Buffy’s hot core and she whimpered at the loss, she wanted him back in her. Spike got up off the couch and walked over to his dresser opening a drawer removing a condom. Buffy watching him walked back towards her, ‘Ummm naked Spike, YUMMY!’ and she couldn’t help the giggling that came from her lips.

“See anything you like luv?” Spike asked with a smirk.

“Yeah, I was thinking how yummy you look.”

Buffy raised up off of the couch and met Spike half way kissing him passionately running her hand down his chest then along his arm stopping at his hand. “Allow me.” She said looking up into his eyes.

Taking the offered condom she removed it from its foil wrapping and placed it in her mouth, lowering her head she slowly took Spike into her mouth while also sliding the condom in place using her hand to roll the prophylactic to the base of the shaft. She took a long deep suck hollowing her cheeks before let him go with a pop, gazing up at Spike with faux innocence.

“Minx.” This time it was Buffy’s turn to smirk.

Spike scooped Buffy up in his arms and carried her over to his bed gently setting her down, then slowly stalked up her body eyes locked on hers. A new chill ran down her spin for what she knew was to come. Spike attacked her lips with ferocity, sucking her bottom lip then plunged inside sweeping the cavern learning every inch, Buffy chased his tongue back into his mouth where she did the same. Lowering his hand Spike positioned himself at the tip of Buffy’s opening, deepening the kiss once more he thrust inside of her heat. Buffy gasped in pleasure as Spike moaned stilling for a moment to control himself, touching his forehead to hers he slowly started to thrust his hips. Instinctively Buffy wrapped her legs around Spike’s hips allowing him deeper penetration. Buffy met hit every thrust, faster and faster they both climbed to their release, skin smacked off of skin as their bodies were covered in a fine film of perspiration.

Spike weaved his hand between them to stimulate Buffy’s clit, the sensitive bundle of nerves was her undoing as her eyes squeezed shut as colors burst behind them, her vaginal muscles tightened as she arched back off the bed shouting Spike’s name from her lips. Spike soon followed her eye tightly closed he drove into her three more times, grunting Buffy’s name spilled from his lips as he toppled onto her spent.

“Bloody hell I can’t move.” The words where muffled from the crock of Buffy’s neck as she lazily ran her fingers through his hair. After a few minutes Spike rolled off of Buffy onto his back, he removed the condom and tossed it into the trash can next to the bed then rolled onto his side, pulling Buffy to him spooning her from the back. Buffy snuggled into his embrace as he placed a tender kiss a top her head, as they both feel asleep.

*********************************

Buffy woke up blinking her eyes as she started to full awake, a puzzled look crossed her face as memories of a few hours ago came back to her. ‘OMG stupid horny Buffy.’ She glanced back over her shoulder to see a handsome sleeping Spike, but it was Spike the soon to be stepbrother or what ever. ‘Oh my god. Oh my god. Breath Buffy you can do this, your friends you can do this.’ She convinced herself sortta.

Slipping out of bed she headed over to the couch to retrieve her clothing, slipping her sneakers on she was done, leaving her hair out deciding not to put it back in a ponytail. Glancing over at Spike Buffy couldn’t help the smile that formed but she also couldn’t help the nagging fear that it brought, what her feelings for him no matter how small they might be brought to her. The last time she felt any were close to this “feeling” it was thrown back in her face. She sigh feeling the tears trying to well up in her eyes but she forced them down, looking at the clock on the night stand it read five thirty, she had just enough time to get home to sneak in before her mom came to check on her.

Walking towards the door she stopped in mid stride.

“Want me to drop you off?”

Buffy turned around with a small smile. “No I’m good. If mom saw me getting out of your car at this hour she’d only thing of two things and I’m aiming for what we just did.”

Spike chuckled still locking eyes with her, “You’re sure, wouldn’t want some big bad to get you and all that rot.”

“Nah really I’m good, but I really gotta go I’ll see you later, k.”

“Ok goldilocks later.”

********************************

Buffy dashed home crawling through her window, she tossed off her sneakers and slid out of her jeans then her eyes adjusted to the early morning pre dawn darkness.

“Where have you been?” Buffy’s eyes widen until she figured whom the voice belonged to.

“Out, but I’m back. What’s your problem?”

Angel rose from the chair he was sitting in walking over to his sister, taking in her appearance.

“I came in here around one to talk but you weren’t in your bed.” He arched an eyebrow at her “And why do you smell like you’ve been smoking?”

Buffy paled as her eyes darted around the room looking every place but her brother’s. God she hated how he made her feel like a child all the time.

“No reason I was out…walking around…went to seven eleven you know how they let people smoke in there. But I’m sleepy and I would like to shower before bed so out.”

***********************************

Angel sat behind the wheel of his car trying to remember how he ended up here. ‘Because your pussy whipped you idiot.’ He shouted at himself. Darla had just finished putting bags in the trunk and slipped next to him in her set, while Dru got in the back.

“My Angel have you seen William?” She question buckling her set belt.

“Yes Dru I see him practically everyday why?” he announced with a sigh, he hated going through this every time he saw her. Why couldn’t see get it through her head that it was over between them.

“Mummy misses her dark prince. He has strayed and he hasn’t come to Mss Edith to have tea.” She pouted.

“It’s ok sweetie it’s his lost.” Darla cooed.

Angel started up the car putting then put the top down as the exited the parking lot.

“William has been a naughty boy.” Drusilla announced, “He is covered, covered in sunshine, why is he covered in sunshine? My little pixie has been doing bad things to him; she is a bad, bad girl. Mss Edith is angry with her, says she shall not get tea and cake. And my dark prince will not bring me presents because they are all for her. I told her not to go into the forest it has thorns.”

Drusilla whimpered into her set as she rubbing her belly, Darla’s smile turned into a frown as she tapped her hand on the window’s rim.

“What’s your problem?” Angel questioned her.

“Nothing, nothing at all. No better yet why don’t you talk to you sister and find out.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Angel was starting to get upset gripping his steering wheel tighter flashing back to early this morning as Buffy snuck into the house. ‘Seven eleven my ass.’ He thought.

********************************
A/N Ok, I'm thinking.... reviews!!! ^_^
Chapter 11: Friends Redo by GoldenBuffy
Author's Notes:
Thanks for the reviews guys!!!
***********************
Chapter 11: Friends Redo

Buffy pulled herself out of the bed, glaring at her alarm clock; she had over slept and really didn’t care. Stretching she debated on going to school, she had only fifteen minutes to get dressed, eat, and be inside the doors of Sunnydale High for homeroom.

Remembering she’d already showered, as visions of the previous night crept into her head, a blush slowly spread through out her cheeks. Quickly batting the images out of her minds eye Buffy quickly dressed heading to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

Entering the kitchen she found her brother, maybe she was going to have a good day after all.

“Angel can you drop me off at school, I’m running late.”

Angel glanced at his sister then frowned, turning back around he placed his bowl in the sink.

“Yeah I’ll drive you… squirt,” he started out of the kitchen following his sister’s retreating form.

***********************

Buffy found herself nodding off in all her classes, rubbing her eyes she looked over at Willow and gave her a small smile. Willow sent one in reply with the look of concern written over her face. Buffy inwardly cringed, ‘Midnight sex with Spike on a school night… so not of the good.’

The bell rang ending the last class of the day, and all Buffy could think about was the nice softness of her bed calling to her. But Willow had other plans.

“What’s up with sleepy Buffy?”

Buffy tried to stifle a yawn, but failed bring her hand up to cover her mouth.

“Nothing Wills, just lost out on some quality sleep time with my pillow last night that’s all.”

“Ok, well call me later tonight… ok,” the redhead, commented giving her best friend a hug.

“Will do.” Buffy hugged her back. She stood there watching Willow walk off, turning she headed off in the other direction towards her house.

***********************

Angel and Spike sat in the blonde’s living room, eyes glued to the television set. Figuring something was up with his best friend by the tightness of his body, Spike waited to see if the brunette would voice what was on his mind.

Angel sat back on the pillows of the couch, legs sprawled out as only men could do, and get away with. Sighing loudly, pondering to utter what was on his mind. He ran his hand over his face, and then dropped it back into his lap.

“Drove Darla and Dru to the mall today.” Angel said nonchalantly.

“Yeah, I take it you survived, you here aren’t you.”

“Yup, strange thing thought.” Angel waited till Spike looked over at him. Raising his eyebrow, he silently asked him to continue. “Dru was muttering something.”

“What was she going on about then?”

“Oh you know, her usual. How much she misses you, and how you haven’t come to visit her. Seems she can’t get around the fact that it’s over between you two.” Angel scratched at his chin, then began rubbing it absently, “It was the other thing she said that I need some clarification with.”

“And that would be what?” Spike asked rising up onto his elbows, which were resting his spread knees.

“She was going on about you being covered in sunshine.” Angel stopped, looking over at the bleached blonde. “She mentioned Buffy too, you know she calls her, her pixie.”

“Yeah. We hang out, so what.” Spike kept his voice even, though on the inside he was sweating. ‘Shit, damn Dru and her ramblings.’

“You know Dru, thinks everyone is up to no good like herself.”

Angel leaned back onto the couch once again, taking in his friend, running Drusilla’s mutterings over in his head once more. He knew Spike since middle school, and never once had he ever lied to him, sighing he nodded his head.

“Yeah, I guess your right. Not like anything would be going on between you and Buffy. I was silly to even entertain the idea. I guess the whole Riley thing just tossed me for a loop.”

“Suppose so.” Internally breathing a sigh of relief, Spike had to get to Buffy, let her know what Angel was suspecting.

*****************************
“I’m home!” Announced Buffy as she strolled through the front door, dropping her book bag beside her. Closing the door she wander farther into the house, stopping at the bottom of the stairs.

“Guess nobody’s here.”

She headed for the kitchen grabbing an apple before going to her room. Leaving the door open to her bedroom, Buffy made quick work of her shoes as she dove onto her still unmade bed. Reaching for the remote on her nightstand she turned on her stereo, as the sounds of Nine Inch Nails filled the room.

Slowly swimming awake, Buffy could here someone banging on her front door. Glancing over to her clock she saw that it was a little after four. “Must have dosed off,” she muttered swatting at the drool on her face.

Descending the stairs she called out, “I’m coming, keep your pants on. Geez.”

Whipping the door open she was greeted to a not so amused looking Spike. ‘Shit… utilize the pee hole, that’s what it’s there for. So not ready for this.’ Pasting on her “friendly” smile Buffy stepped aside from the door, allowing Spike to enter.

“What’s up with the face? Is everything ok?” Buffy asked wiping her hands on the leg of her jeans.
“No, we have to talk,” he replied looking her in the eyes. “Peaches’ been sniffing around, got it in his head that something’s going on between us.”

“WHAT!?” She tossed her hands up into the air, “How, when…. What?”

Spike couldn’t help but chuckle at her flustered look, she looked so cute. ‘Ok, focus, not here for the view.’

“Yeah, seems that Dru’s been sputtein’ off her ramblings. Kinda told him that we where getting on with the hot n’ heavy.”

“Oh” Escaped her lips as she buried her face in her hands. ‘Shit, I am so dead.’

“Wait. You’re alive, so that means one of two things,” she commented holding up her hand counting off two fingers as she spoke. “One, he knows, and is cool and totally accepting of us. Or two, he has so believed your cover story, and is content with that. I’m aiming for number two.”

“Hit the nail on the head ducks. Completely believed what I told him. All that hair gel prevents all plausible matter to penetrate his skull.”

Buffy giggled folding her arms over her chest. “You know one day Giles is going to teach me British speech, and I’ll finally know what you’re calling me. Like what is a ‘ducks’? Do I waddle or something?”

The two stood in silence for a few moments, the comfortable kind they come accustom too.

“So” Buffy said thrusting her hands in her jeans back pockets.

“Yeah, so.” Spike repeating the words, rising up on the balls of his feet. Deciding to bit the bullet knowing that the petite blonde in front of him wouldn’t.

“So here’s what I’m thinking. Since Peaches is sniffing at our heels we have no choice but to go back to the way thing where.”

There, he said it, but he wished he could take it instantly back. He didn’t want to go back to the way things where before. He wanted to pick up where they left off, and go from there, many more times.

‘He went there. OMG, he so totally went there. Wait! You wanted him to go there, you where going to go there.’ Buffy rolled the words over in her head, frowning a bit.

“Yeah, you’re right. Me sister. You best friend,” Buffy finished resting her weight on her hip folding her arms over her chest. ‘Darn, no more smooching with the bleached blonde.’

“Well I better get going, while the getting’s good. Don’t want Angel going on the war path, finding me here and all… with out him.”


Spike turned and headed for the door with Buffy close on his heels. Pausing he opened the object blocking his path.

“See you at practice then.”

“Yup, with bells on.” Buffy said looking at the back of his head. Spike refused to turn around, because if he did the whole “friends” thing would be out the window. With his mind maid up he walked out the door and down the steps.

Buffy watched as he got in his car and pulled off. Eyes glued to the black Desoto until Spike drove out of sight. Sighing she rested her head on the now closed front door. Why did it hurt so badly if he meant nothing.

*********************

It had been a week later and things pretty much went back to normal. Buffy still couldn’t help the flutters her stomach did when she was in close proximity with Spike. Or prevent her breath from hitching in her throat, but that was fine, she was fine, everything was… fine.

So if everything was fine, why was she so pissed that he treated her like…well… a friend. ‘Stupid friends and stupid psychopathic brothers’ Buffy echoed in her mind glaring at Angel.

“What? What did I do?”

“Nothing… your hair’s big… and you suck. And ewww why Darla?” She said folding her arms over her chest taking on a defensive stance.

Angel just looked at her as if she grown three extra heads as Spike snorted at her comment. Conner only flashed a shy smile ducking his head he turned back to his drums. Leaning back on the washer she stuck her tongue out at her brother.

***********************

“Its sooooooooo not fair Wills. Why does he get to loom over everything that is my life?” Buffy protested flopping back onto her bed.

“Well, I don’t know. Well he is Angel.” Willow offered up, like him being Angel answered her friend’s question.

“Well you’re no help. What ever, I’m sleepy. Buffy need sleep. I’ll talk to you later.”

The two said their good byes and hung up. Buffy quickly stripped of her clothes and slipped into her pajamas. Laying her head on her overly fluffed pillow she soon dozed off into a fitful sleep.

************************

After waking, showering, and dressing Buffy headed downstairs. It was not close to 3 pm, but not like she cared. Most likely Willow was sucking face with Gunn someplace, preferably dark like a movie theater. Tara was probably at some jam session with Oz and his band, and Faith. Well she was most likely doing something with the combined places mentioned.

Sighing she descended the last step, being drawn to the living room by laughter. She wished Angel told her he was having company, because then she would have made herself look presentable. Because company = Spike, which = spiffy Buffy.

Looking down at her cut off shorts and pink tank top, Buffy figured it was the best she could do on such short notice. Stepping into the den she was greeted by three male forms on the couch, watching female wrestling. How sexist was that, not to mention demeaning to women everywhere.

Plopping down in the chair next to the bay window Buffy scrunched her nose.

“Look who decided to join the land of the living,” Angel replied snarkily.

Choosing to ignore Neanderthal brain, she turned her attention to the bleach menace filling her house with toxins.

“Hello! Second hand smoke, so not of the good.” Getting up Buffy calmly walked over to the trio, Spike eyeing her wearily.

“Don’t even bloody think about it blonde!”

“Give it to me, or you’re going down bleach boy!”

“Children, please. There shall be non of that.” Angel said trying to sound authoritative, causing Buffy, Spike, and Gunn to burst into laughing.

“Hey. That’s not funny I was beginning serious here.”

“Right, like you do serious all the time Peaches.”

“Any who,” Buffy said her gaze falling on Gunn. “Whatcha doin here? And why isn’t Willow attached to your hip?”

Gunn chuckled looking up at the blonde. “Actually she sent me over here to get you. Not sure why she didn’t call herself. But when I got here, Angel told me you where sleep.”

“So you mean Willow is free today?”

Gunn nodded in agreement, “Something about you needing a best friend moment.”

“Cough, whipped, cough.” Angel not so suddenly commented.

“Like you got room to talk. Darla got you wrapped tighter than a python on a kill.”

Buffy snorted, while Gunn laughed, Angel sending them an evil glower.

“Yeah, and wait. How come you get to tromp all over the place with Amazon ho, but I can’t even look at a guy?”

“Well…. Because,” her brother said crossing his arms over his chest. “Don’t look at me like that. I’m older, and a guy. And… and… I know what guys want. So that’s why your not allowed 100 feet in front of them.”

“Oh please. Like you so know every guy. And well… so.” Pouting Buffy quickly thought to rephrasing her reply.

“Let’s just say someone happen to catch my eye, and I just happened to catch their eye as well. And we wanted the whole get together thing going on, but NO, Mr. ‘I am super security man’ for my sister won’t have it. Do you call that fair… huh?”

Very please with herself Buffy released a small sigh. Not only was she able to get through her small speech, she did once break down and look at Spike. No dropping hints on her part.

Angel leaned forward on his knees locking eyes with his younger sibling, even though the one he suspected was seated right next to him. Never mind what Angel though earlier, he just had a sneaking suspicion. That something was going on with Spike and Buffy, behind his back.

“Why? You got someone in mind?” ‘Or someone I suspect.’ He mentally added not removing his eyes from her.

Swallowing hard, Buffy fidgeted with her hands, “No! Kinda, maybe, sorta. That so didn’t come out right, did it?” Waving her hand in the air she started to turn towards Gunn.

“Don’t even worry about, ha, forget I said anything. No need to get that big, blue, throbbing vein a reason to burst loose.”

Facing Gunn, Buffy did the “snoopy dance” with a smile stretching from ear to ear. “This is to good, we can go shopping for prom dresses, and pick out our hairstyles. And we can sing New Kids On The Block eating egg foo young. What? Don’t look at me like that, people so still sing NKOTB.I gotta page Faith too. She’ll want to come with.”

Grabbing the cordless Buffy marched out of the room yapping into the receiver to her friend.

“New Kids On The Block huh? What happened to those poofters? All Dawn plays is Back Street Boys, and that Timberwanker.”

“Don’t ask. Don’t know and don’t care. And what was up with that whole speech? You don’t think she has a thing for… Faith?”

Now it was Angel’s turn to receive the “blank” look from his companions.

“What? I have valid reasons, hear me out. Buffy and Faith never could stand each other. Now all of a sudden their,” he said gesturing with his hands. “… friends. And paging Faith. And the whole acting weird thing. I rather she be sneaking around with you!”

“Is your skull that thick? Why would you even think that?” Spike blurted out giving Angel a look of disgust.

“Well, she hasn’t seen anyone since the breakup with Riley. The only men she hangs out with are us, I mean come on, the clues fit.”

Angel released a breath as he fell back into the couch. Spike reached for his can of coke, and Gunn tired to hide the smirk that was forming on his face.

“You’re worried about this, yeah? Well then we do this…” Spike motioned for them to come closer as he relayed his plan to them. “Now all you have to do is get your “blessings” from Darla and we’re set.”

***********************

It was half past 5 when the doorbell rang; Buffy strolled from the kitchen to answer it. Opening the door she was greeted by Willow.

“Hey Willow, long time no see.”

“Yeah, sorry about that Buffy. I was sorely lacking in the best buds department. Can you ever forgive me?”

Buffy replied with a cheesy grin opening her arms to take her best friend into a hug. Willow shook her head from side to side. “Wait, I brought you something.”

Pulling her left arm from behind her back she presented the plate of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Buffy chuckled; leave it to Willow to say I’m sorry with gooey chocolaty goodness.

Relieving the red head of her burden, Buffy turned back towards the kitchen. Walking into the living room Willow was greeted by her boy friend, “Hey you. You were supposed to drop off a message not stay the whole day.” She teased sitting down on the couch. Turning she eyed Angel and Spike.

“Angel,” she chirped giving him a small nudge on the arm. Willow then turned her gaze upon Spike. “Spike, done anything interesting lately?” She finished with a smirk, a smirk that looked quite evil on the saintly redhead.

“Yeah, but it’s not what you think.” Gunn said districting her questioning glare. “Angel here has gotten it in his head that Buffy has a thing for Faith.”

Willow couldn’t help the un-lady like snort that escaped from her throat, or the eye roll that followed.

“Seriously Angel. Do you really think that Buffy and Faith have or will have something going on? I mean granted its guys twisted fantasy come true, but ewww, and no. So much world of no. She is so not into Faith like that, Faith is cool, when I’m not around. That sounded so shallow didn’t it? Like Faith is the replacement best friend, I’m babbling… shutting up now.”

“Well I’m going to make sure of that. We came up with this plan. Since Buffy’s going to the prom alone and with Faith.” Angel stressed the last part, then leaned closer into the petite girl sitting next to him.

“I’m going to ask Faith to the prom and Spike is going to take Buffy.”

Willow arched and eyebrow as she tried to repress a tight lipped grin that was threatening to burst from her lips. This was cool, go Spike for the whole sneaky ‘I’m taking your sister to the prom cause she hot’ planning.

Just then Buffy sauntered into the room.

“Ready Willow?” Accepting the nod from her friend she turned for her purse. Whipping around, Buffy balled her fist pointing her index finger between Spike and Angel.

“And when I get back EVERY, and I mean EVERY cookie better be on that plate. Not even a chip should be missing.”

With that she turned nodding her head and strolled out the door.

*********************
The mall seemed to be overly crowded for a Saturday evening, as the three fought their way through the crowed. Stopping at Windsor Fashions they promptly headed for the formal wear section.

“Hey, B!” Faith called pulling a dress from the rack. “I think you’d look hot in this.”
Buffy arched a brow and scrunched her nose, “Ummm, no. Next please.”

“Suit yourself, I’m trying it on.” Faith took the dress and slipped into the dressing room, as Buffy and Willow followed behind with their own picks.

“Ok, now about this mystery hottie you’ve been telling me about. What up with him?”

“Nothing.” Buffy deadpanned.

“Yeah, Angel put a stop to it. You know he’s kinda all controlling like that.” Willow supplied, watching her tongue knowing the brunette didn’t know whom Buffy’s hottie was or how far things went.

“It’s really not his fault. He thinks he’s protecting me from all the scum in the world. You know, boys, men, anything like our dad. And with me being all secretive Buffy on why I broke up with Riley, just adds more to Angel’s wig factor.”

All three girls stepped out of their changing stalls, twirling and posing for each other in their dresses.

“Oh, that’s really nice on you, Will. Goes good with your eyes, and hair I might add.”

Willow smiled as Faith nodded in agreement. “Yeah, you look rockin.”

“So, what happened between you and Riley?”

Buffy contemplated the question Faith posed. She never told anyone what happened, not even Willow. She didn’t even write it in her diary; she wanted to mark that phase of her life out forever, with a black permanent marker.

“It’s nothing really. What? Fine, ok, it was something. But I’m over it now… see.”

“Well if you’re over it you can tell us.” Willow offered.

Buffy sat down on the small ottoman in the changing area; leaning forward she placed her chin in her hands, resting her elbows on her knees.

“Well you know how serious we were, all with the hot and heavy. So before the trip to Florida to my cousin’s house, we consummated the relationship. I did it cause I thought it was right. You know with the whole ‘I love you’, I though he was the one. Well needless to say he went all Jekyll/Hyde on me.”

“Well that’s just fucked up ain’t it?”

“Awww, Buffy, I’m sorry.”

“Yeah so am I, so stupid on the love front. Not going there again…. Ever. Cause if I ever admit it to anyone, not that I’m saying I would… be in love… with anyone. Cause I’m not. I’m just saying I would never admit it, because it would go all wrong from there.”

“Well love’s a Bitch. And sooner or later we’re all going to fall victim to its evil ways.” Faith tossed over her shoulder going back to change into her clothing.

The three finished dressing then paid for their dresses, then it was off to get Chinese and hours of New Kids On The Block.

*********************
A/N Ok that’s if for this chapter. Hoped you liked it, and as always leave a review it really helps!!!
Chapter 12: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by GoldenBuffy
Author's Notes:
Thanks for the reviews guys!!! They make me feel all bubbly inside.
lyrics by The Ramon’s and New Kids On The Block

***********************

Chapter 12: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun


Buffy arrived home later that evening to the smell of something yummy cooking. Joyce heard the door and called for her daughter.

“Sweetie, could you come in here for a sec.”

Buffy flung her garment bag over her shoulder and walked down the hallway. Stepping through the doorway she paused upon the island countertop, watching her mother breeze around the kitchen. Joyce was making her famous chicken enchiladas with zesty green chili sauce. Raising her head she smiled at her daughter wiping her hands on a dishrag, then walking over towards Buffy.

“Well, how was the mall?”

“It was the mall, mom. But I had fun, hung with Willow and Faith.” She said placing her covered dress on top of the counter.

“Faith, who is she? I don’t think I know her, do I?”

Buffy shook her head answering in the negative. She watched her mother finished lining the pan with tortillas, scooping the meat from the frying pan then placed it inside the flour casing. Joyce then added some shredded cheddar cheese, rolling the concoction closed placing more cheese on top with some sauce, and then set it in the oven.

“Mind showing me your dress. Or do I have to wait till prom night,” she asked with a small smirk.

Buffy smiled then leaned over the garment bag unzipping it. She reached inside to retrieve the garment. Holding it up by its hanger she smoothed the fabric down. Joyce gasped, it was beautiful and so Buffy.

“Its lovely honey. Can’t wait to see you in it.”

Just then Angel burst through the kitchen door.

“Where have you been?” Buffy questioned him lowering her dress.

“Around, then went over Spike’s… played some games. Why? Let me see.” The brunette commented gesturing to the dress.

“Just asking, figured you all would have spent the day here, what ever. Yeah, it’s the dress see, all pretty like me.”

Angel nodded his head. He liked the dress, but didn’t expect his sister to find one so soon, but all the better. Now he knew the color, which played perfectly with his plan. Smiling Buffy placed the outfit back into its shroud zipping it closed.

“I’m gonna hang this up be back down for dinner.”

Joyce noticed the smirk that graced her son’s lips; resting her weight upon her hip she turned to face him.

“What’s churning in that head of yours?” Angel chuckled at the question.

“Oh nothing. Just have something special planned to make her prom unforgettable.”

Raising an eyebrow their mother turned her attention back to the dinner being prepared, she wouldn’t push the issue, she knew Angel would talk to her soon enough. Buffy came back into the kitchen and quickly set to work tossing a salad together. She chopped some carrots as Angel reached around her, snatching one popping it into his mouth.

“Stop! You’ll rune your dinner mister.” Buffy chide with a smile.

“I’m a big boy, there’ll be room.” He retorted placing a loving kiss atop her head.

Removing the tray from the oven Joyce placed it on the counter, as Angel sat her lavender-serving platter next to the finished main course. Walking over to the fridge he removed two cans of pop, one coke, the other diet coke, and one pitcher of Crystal Light. They converged into the dinning room each bring their burden to the table, setting it down.

Dinner moved along uninterrupted, as Buffy talked about the overly populated mall, and Angel went on about getting his car detailed. Joyce informed them about a new shipment that had just arrived at the gallery, and she couldn’t wait to open it on Monday.

“That reminds me,” Joyce said wiping the sides of her mouth with her napkin. “Rupert and I are going out of town for the weekend. He found this lovely Bed and Breakfast in the mountains. So we decided to spend some quality time there.”

“Ewww TMI mom, tmi. But that’s cool. I’m all for the quality time spend-age.”

“Yeah, that’s fine. When do you leave?” Angel asked taking a mouthful of his coke.

“This Friday,” Joyce pained them with a glare. “And I mean it this time NO. PARTIES. Am I understood?”

Buffy’s eyes grow wide, “Yup, totally. One hundred percent, so not trying to repeat what happened last time.”

Attention peaked Angel directed his gaze towards Buffy.

“And what exactly happened last time oh sister of mine?”

“Oh you know the whole fighting and the breaking of mom’s valuables.”

Angel snickered as Buffy shot him the middle finger when their mother wasn’t looking.

“Yes, this is exactly why I don’t want a party this time.”

“We promise.” The siblings announced in unison.

“And that reminds me. Buffy, Dawn will be staying here for the weekend. And before you protest you can have company as well, the both of you. Unless you have some other place to be Angel.”

“Nah, I’ll be here watching over the flock. See if Spike’ll join me.”

Buffy snorted around a mouth full of enchilada.

“Like we’re gonna be so safe with you two watching our backs.”

*************************

Monday afternoon seemed to drag on forever, if Buffy didn’t get out of the sun she was sure she’d melt into a sticky puddle of Buffy goo. The sun was beating down on her from over head along with her fellow upper classmen, they where arranged out on the football field sitting in metal folding chairs. Snyder was droning on about the importance of graduation, how it marked their passing into the “real” world, leaving behind their childhood dreams.

Willow leaned over into Buffy’s ear; “I’d wish he’d wrap it up already. My butt is starting to melt through my jeans. Evil troll!”

The girls quickly stifled their giggles from the stern look Ms. Calendar was shooting them. Finally rehearsal was over and they were free to their own devices. The best friends hooked arms, heading off from the field to deposit their books in their respective lockers then head home.

“Hey Tara!” Buffy shouted over the mass of teens waving her hand at the blonde, Willow added a wave as well with a bright chipper smile. Tara wasn’t at rehearsal due to taking a make up quiz.

“Oww, I think I have sun burn on my lips.”

“Awww, Wills it’s not that bad. Here.” Buffy handed her some tinted Chap Stick from her black mini backpack.

The redhead accepted the offered stick applying it to her injured lips, “Snyder truly is evil.”

“Who’s e-e-evil?” Tara asked finally making her way over to the duo.

“Just Snyder. He made Willow sunburn her lips. Told you he was a little troll.”

Closing her locker door Buffy turned to walk with her friends. Willow handed her back the Chap Stick as she smacked her lips together. “Much better,” she announced with a small smile.

“That’s good, wouldn’t want anything interrupting the smooch session with Gunn.” Both blonde and red locks whipped around to the shy girl sandwiched between them.

“W-W-What? I can dish.” Tara said with a straight face then burst into giggles followed by both Buffy and Willow. Exiting the school the girls started walking down the street.

“Oh, before I forget. My mom is going out of town for the weekend with Giles, and she said I could have company. So do you guys wanna hang, munch on some junk food, and rent some movies. You know girly stuff.”

“Oooo, sounds fun, I’m in!” Willow replied practically bouncing on the balls of her feet. Best friend time with Buffy was definitely of the good; especially since they hadn’t spent much time together other than buying their prom dresses.

“What about you Tara?”

Frowning at the question Tara worried her bottom lip for a moment. “I’m sorry Buffy, but my dad is taking us out of town for the weekend. Grandpa finished renovating his cabin by the lake, and he wants us to come for a visit.”

“That’s cool. We’ll just do the whole slumber party thing during the summer.”

That seemed to cheer the shy blonde up as they continued their walk home.

***************************

“No. No. NO! I’m not going.”

“Come on, you have to go.” Dawn whined following her brother around the living room couch.

“There is no way in bloody hell I’m spending a weekend locked in some bleedin’ house with girls, just so you can feel safe knowing where I am.” Spike huffed stomping up the steps.

Dawn wasn’t going to take no for an answer. “Well, what kind of friend are you being then…. Huh? Just leaving Angel all alone to fend against his sister, me, and I’m guessing, Willow.”

Spike really didn’t want to spend a whole weekend in the Summers’ residence with Buffy, which was pure torture, it took all his wheel power just to get through practice without touching her, and two nights in a house with her and Angel it wasn’t happening. Entering his room Spike turned to face the annoying person that was his sister.

“Bugger off,” followed by his bedroom door being slammed in her face. “How rude!” Dawn spat marching down the hall to her room, effectively slamming her door in reply.

Spike had just lit a cigarette when the phone rang; walking over he snatched it up. “Lo? Peaches… what? …. No, just got done with Dawn.” His shoulders slumped, there was just no way getting around it was there? “Fine, yeah I heard ya… no… no…. yeah, whatever… I’ll be there.” Spike finished slamming the phone down, he was friends with Angel again why? He would sit down later to reevaluate that concept.

**************************

Friday came quickly which was a relief to Buffy, things at school were winding down, and prom was almost here, then graduation. Yup, Buffy was ecstatic, soon she would be a free woman, well at lest until fall when college started. Her mother had left an hour ago with a very giddy? Yeah, giddy Giles in hand, Buffy though it was cute in a freakish ‘old people loven’ sortta way.

The doorbell rang saving her from some very disturbing mental imagery. Shaking her head she was greeted to a Dawn struggling with her sleeping bag, an over night bag and what appeared to be a small suitcase. Reaching out the blonde took the sleeping bag then backed away from the door.

“Why didn’t Spike help you with all this stuff?”

“Cause Angel came swooping down saying they needed to head someplace. So I get tossed to the side with bags in tow. Seriously, how rude is that!” Buffy arched her brow as a scowl stole over her features.

“Yes Dawnie that is way rude, and wrong. Sometimes I don’t know about the male race, how’d they ever survived during prehistoric times is beyond me.”

The two walked farther into the house as Dawn closed the door behind her. “You can stow your stuff in my room.” Buffy tossed over her shoulder, placing the sleeping bag at the bottom of the stairs since the doorbell rang once more.

Turning in direction once again Buffy opened the door as the redhead burst through.

“Hey Buffy, I brought sugary goodness.” Willow giggled holding up a bag of cookies, gummy bears, and other fattening goodies.

“Ooo, yummy!” Taking the bag Buffy headed to the kitchen as Willow brought the rest of her things inside. Turning around she waved at her dad who beeped his car horn then pulled off, driving away.

“Hey Dawnie!”

“Hey Willow. I just got here, kicked to the curb.” The computer geek arched her brow at the younger girl.

“Loooong story.” She supplied rolling her eyes releasing an exasperated sigh.

Willow understood laughing, “Men!”

Buffy’s voice called out from the kitchen, “S’mores, awww we’re partying to night.”

Exiting the kitchen Buffy joined her guests as they headed for the living room.

*********************

“You know Buffy’s goin’ to have a fit for you kicking Nibblet out like that.”

“Yeah, well I needed to talk, ALONE. And her being anywhere near us equals to everything being blown. And it had to wait till now, cause you know, Buffy was always around.”

Spike waited a few moments for Angel to continue, keeping his eyes on the road still driving.

“Well.” Narrowing his eyes the dark haired boy eyed up his companion.

“Oh yeah. I was thinking about something, anyway, I got a peek at Buffy’s dress, the color and everything. So it should be no problem getting what you need.”

Smirking Spike nodded his head; he was set on making this a night Buffy would always remember.

*********************

The sun was setting as the night started to slowly creep in, Buffy walked over to the table lamps and turned them on. Turning around she faced her guests. Willow and Dawn were bubbling with excitement. Willow was thrilled to be having time with Buffy again, like they used to way before the men in their lives started messing with their time, and Dawn was to happy to be spending the weekend with almost legally adult girls. Just how cool was that.

The front door unlocked and in stepped Angel with Spike close behind.

“Look what we found coming up the steps.” Angel said gesturing over his shoulder.

He locked eyes on Buffy with his “annoyed” look as Willow burst into laughter. Puzzled Buffy rolled her eyes at her brother, flashed a quick smile at Spike, and then turned to questionably stare at her best friend.

Willow wiped at her eye removing the small tear that escaped from it. “I’m sorry… it’s just… it’s…. oh goodness.” She finished burying her head in one of the pillows from the couch.

“Oook, Wills we need to talk later. Faith you can stow your stuff in my room.”

Nodding her head the raven headed beauty marched up the steps two by to deposit her over night back.

“Ahhh look, the dynamic duo has graced us with their presents. Oh joy!” Buffy mocked swooned, laughing as she walked towards the couch to sit down.

Faith came bounding down the steps with a plastic bag in tow. Holding it up with a big cheesy grin on her face, at that moment Buffy decided she like seeing Faith with a grin like that. She looked less troubled, and happier, like a teen should be.

“Look what I got,” she said holding the bag in the air.

“What’d you get?”

“Oh surprises!”

“Gimme, gimme!”

The three girls shouted all at once, stopping they began to laugh.

“All I’m hintin at is there movies.” Faith supplied, letting a smirk curve her lips.

“Party pooper.” Buffy teased taking the bag from her friend. “No peeking B.”

The blonde held up her hand as taking an oath as she strolled over to the television set, placing the VSH tapes next to it on the floor.

“Well, we’ll be in my room if you need us.” Angel announced as he and Spike headed up the stairs.

************************

Dawn came back into the living room with their second large bowl of popcorn, at the same time Buffy came back down from her room, with some photo albums in hand. All four girls sat along the couch grabbing handfuls of popcorn then shoving it into their waiting mouths. Pushing her salty treat to one side of her mouth Buffy spoke around it.

“Who wants to look at middle school pics?”

“Oh I gotta see this,” Faith said while moving closer to Buffy to get a better view. Since she didn’t move to Sunnydale until high school, she didn’t know what any of her new friends looked like.

Flipping the cover to the first page they gazed at some of the old faculty members, shifting through some more Buffy landed on her homeroom pictures. Faith snorted pointing at one kid.

“Who’s that?”

Looking closer Buffy and Willow started laughing, “That’s Xander.”

Dawn grabbed the book blinking her eyes, “No way. He was such a dork, hello who wears Hawaiian shirts?”

Next they stopped on Cordelia who was sporting mile high bangs that looking like a wave of hair, hot pink Polo shirt with a white collar. “Man I wish I could see the rest of that outfit.” Faith commented snickering.

“Hey, that hair was so in then.” Soon as Buffy said that they gazed upon her pic.

“Now I know what you look like as a brunette, not to shabby.”

“Piffft, that’s why I’m blonde now see.”

Flipping through more pages they stopped again, “Ewww! Darla. So that answers my question, she’s always looked slutty.” Willow said as everyone started to laugh.

“Seriously, who wears a see through top for picture day,” Buffy squinted at the color photograph, “Without a bra?”

Laughing some more they shifted their sights yet to another more humorous picture. It was Angel with a tight black hoodie on and a high low fade like Vanilla Ice, he even had the small lines cut into his eyebrow. The living room filled with howls of laughter, as the girls wiped at tears, dubbing over on to each other clutching their stomachs.

“OMG, I remember him walking around with that gold foil wrapped around his tooth, like he had gold teeth.” Willow wheezed out.

The eruption caught the attention of the occupants upstairs, and being men, they were just curious enough to venture down to see what was going on. Stepping into the living room they took in the scene of the foursome in a fit of giggles falling over each other, with what looked like a school year book open and perched in Buffy’s lap.

“What’s so fun?” Angel asked placing his hands on his hips.

Looking up the girls broke out laughing again, but quickly composed themselves fighting to keep the small laughter from bursting through.

“Nothing… nothing at all…” Buffy said slapping her hand over her mouth.

“Nope everything five by five Mr. Ice!”

Everyone broke into laughter once again; a few snorts were tossed in as well. Fed up, Angel stormed over snatching the book up glancing down at the pictures.

“Ha, ha, ha… very funny ladies. It happened to be “in” back then.”

Spike walked over peering over his best friend’s shoulder, taking the picture in.

“You look like one of those nancy band boys,” snickered Spike slapping Angel on the back.

Buffy reclaimed her book, flipping to the next page, stifling another outburst. “Like you need to be talking.”

She turned the book to her friends and his sister, they all took the sight in then started to holler again.

“And you do tweed so well!”

Spike glared at the petite blonde who was currently laughing at him, as he snatched the book much like Angel did. Looking at the picture he visibly paled, he forgotten he even took it. There, in techno color, he sat sporting his naturally, curly ash blonde locks, that were sort of disheveled, wire rimmed glasses, and tweed sweater to top it off.

“Ha, bloody ha! Get your jollies while you can.”

“Awww, cheer up Spike. Don’t be mad cause I looked good all the time, and you looked like… what do you always say?”

Dawn turned to Buffy opening her mouth, “A nancy boy, poofter, and Nellie.” She finished with a nod of her head.

“Thanks Dawnie, couldn’t have said it better myself, since I don’t speak British and all.”

“I didn’t see any of Dru.” Willow commented.

“Oh, that’s cause the loon thought pictures stole your soul. So she refused to take them.” Spike supplied.

*****************************

Buffy walked into the kitchen to get the guacamole from the fridge, it was time for facials. Pausing in mid stride she couldn’t help but take in the view that greeted her. Bent over rummaging through her fridge was Spike, and she got to ogle his oh so lovely ass. Straitening up Spike stretched revealing what he found from the fridge.

“What are you doing with that?”

Smirking, “What does it look like? I’m gonna eat it.”

“No, that is so not of the consumption type.” She announced placing her hands on her hips.

“Oh really? Watch me.” Spike took the foil off the guacamole.

Narrowing her eyes Buffy pegged him with her “don’t you dare cross me” look. Which he only smirked to sticking his finger in the green concoction.

Eyes wide and mouth dropping open Buffy stammered to form words. So when she was finally able to why did it come out as a whine.

“Spiiiiike!”

With an exasperated sigh and an eye roll for added measure, which Spike chalked it up to still spending way too much time around Dawn; he placed the mixer on the counter.

“Happy?”

“Yes, very. And since you’re so keen to having your body covered in it. No, stop with the dirty… you can join our make over party.”

“No!”

“Pleeeeeease.” Buffy begged batting her eyes and pouting her bottom lip.

“I said no. You do bloody well know the meaning, right pet?”

*************************

Twenty minutes later Spike found his face covered in goopy green dip that really were intended for chips, and his nails being filed down by his sister. How big of a poofter could he get, at least Angel was being tortured as well. Buffy was popping gummy bears in her mouth letting her facial mask dry as Willow painted her toe nails. Looking up from the bag of gummy goodness she noticed Spike was… he was glaring at her.

“What?” She asked clearly confused.

“Don’t what me. You know what you did.”

“Pifft.”

“Hey, take that back, don’t use my words.”

“Oh, yeah, like you invented ‘piffft’, like its some Spike-ism. Please.” Buffy retorted with an eye roll.

Feeling something cold on his fingers Spike glanced down at his sister, quickly he snatched his hand away.

“What?”

“You can’t paint my nails. I agreed to this soddin’ shit being place on my face, but sack it, I’m drawing the frigging line now.”

“Spiiiiike,” ‘why did she have to whine, it must be a bloody woman thing?’ Spike thought rolling his eyes yet again. He agreed to stay with Angel why?

“Oh come on, don’t be such a wanker, it’s only orange. What’s the bloody difference between this one and black?”

“Hey, you shut your gob, don’t be saying bloody around me. And there is a difference, its orange.”

“Oh, wow. Like you telling me its color solves everything. Please!”

******************************

Fifteen minutes later Spike finally had a green appetizer free face and bright orange nails. But Angel didn’t fair to better, Buffy talked him into hot fuchsia nail varnish, it wasn’t to bad having orange now was it. “Who’s the poofter now, Peaches.” Spike commented to himself as a smirk graced his lips, as Angel flicked him the bird knowing what he was thinking.

“Ok, movie time!” Faith announced cracking her chewing gum loudly, but apparently only Spike and Angel noticed and found it utterly annoying.

“But first.” Buffy said sitting up off the floor, “We need to change for bed. And since you two are with us you have to participate.”

“Fine” The outnumbered men, grumbled getting up to leave.

“We’ll all converge back here in 10.” Buffy shouted at the retreating forms.

****************************

Dawn was the first one down dressed in a sports jersey with the Dallas Cowboys logo on it, carrying their team colors of sliver and blue. Along with her hair pulled back into a French braid Willow quickly did for her. The redhead followed suit, dressed in some lose fitting light blue Capri pj’s with a pink tank top, which had a care bear logo on it. Willow left her hair out, but as she sat down on the floor next to Dawn the younger girl began to make small braids in it.

Faith fallowed next dressed in some off white hip hugging sweat pants and a tight t-shirt, which was white with multi-striped sleeves, sitting 2 inches above her belly button. She had pulled her hair back into a haphazard twist held in place with a hair clip.

“I didn’t know you had a navel ring! How cute.” Willow supplied watching as the brunette sauntered into the room joining them.

“Yeah, got it on a whim right before I moved here. It is kinda cool, isn’t it.” She flashed a smirk looking down at her body piercing.

Buffy was last to join the group, dressed in some pink shorts that rode low on her hips, with the waist band rolled down. They were made from the same sweat material like Faith’s, but it had the words “Bootylicious” embroidered upon the butt, with a matching pink t-shirt. Her hair was parted down the middle in two pigtails with pink bows at the end, to keep them together.

“Ahhh, comfort.” The blonde said laying out her make shift bed upon the carpeted floor, the others followed suit. Finally the males joined the gathering.

“Oh my god, don’t you have any other color in your wardrobe other than black?” Buffy snickered trying not to ogle Spike, but she had to admit black or not he looked pretty damn sexy in her opinion. Even though it was just a black tank top and lose fitting cotton pants, but the top displayed his well defined arms that Buffy could get lost in. And his bottoms hung just enough to accentuate the slight curve of his ass; did he even know what he did to her?

“What’s wrong with my stuff?” He frowned looking down at himself. Buffy gave him a reassuring smile tossing over her shoulder.

“Nothing, just would like to see you in some other color… just not tweed.”

Angel threw himself down onto the couch causing a few of the pillows to topple onto the floor. He was dressed in some brown sweat pants and a black t-shirt. After the girls got themselves settled on their comfy piles of blankets they remember snacks. Can’t have good movie watch-age without the yummy goodness in tow. Willow and Angel jumped up to fix it as Buffy pulled a tape cassette from her bag o tricks.

“Ok Dawnie. Tonight you are going to be introduced to the greatest band of all time.” She displayed the tape, Faith started to laugh showing off her dimples. Getting up the blonde headed over to the stereo placing the tape inside. The opening cord played.

-+-
Yeah
I'm not that kind of guy who can take a broken heart
So don't ever leave
I don't want to see us part
The very thought of losing you means
That everything
Would go down under
-+-

“This is my favorite from this tape,” Faith said starting to sing along, Buffy quickly agreed joining her friend in the singing.

-+-
I'll be loving you forever
Just as long as you want me to be
I'll be loving you forever
All this love's for you and me, yeah
(I'll be loving you)
I'll be
(I'll be loving you)
Loving you
(The things you do)
Yeah, it's forever
(I'll be loving you)
I'll be
(I'll be loving you)
Loving you, yeah
-+-

“Oh bloody hell! Don’t try to corrupt my sister Summers. It’s bad enough she listens to that nancy boy rot in the first place.”

Jumping up Spike walked over to his ever-present leather duster that was draped across one of the chairs in the living room, reaching into a pocket he pulled out a cd. Turning he headed back over to the stereo. The three girls watched him from the floor where they were sitting.

“Now this, this is real music. Something you obviously know nothing about.”

“Oh like Sex Pistols are soooo listen worthy.”

“See, that’s your problem. You have no ear for real music you daft bint.”

“See, just wait, I so have a English dictionary being delivered from e-bay. I’ll know soon enough.” Buffy chirped wiggling her finger at the blonde.

-+-
Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go, I wanna be sedated
Nothing to do nowhere to go I wanna be sedated
-+-

Buffy went to make a snarky comment when her breath hitched in her throat. There was Spike standing there with his “devil may care” attitude and a face reminiscent of a Billy Idol video, a total badass hottie, that’s what he was. God, she could feel her cheeks starting to flush a light pink, and that all to familiar tingling in her abdomen.

-+-
Just get me to the airport and put me in a plane
Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane, I can't control my fingers
I can't control my brain oh no oh ho
-+-

Buffy pushed up on her hands and knees slowly stalking towards the bleached rocker in her living room.

“Uh, Buffy, what are you doing?” Dawn asked in an awed whisper, glancing at her friend’s behind.

Spike watched Buffy’s approach, licking his lips in anticipation, god the things she did to him.

Coming to a stop at his feet Buffy slowly rose to hers, rubbing her hands up his t-shirt covered chest, whishing it was bare. She grabbed his right hand placing a small kiss on the palm then sucking the middle finger slowly into her mouth, drawing it out at a leisurely pace. Spike couldn’t help the shiver that ran through him as he ran his fingers through her golden curls.

Sliding his finger out of her mouth Buffy slid her hand behind his neck lowering his mouth, capturing it in a searing kiss.

“Hot damn. Go B!” Faith cheered from her spot on the floor.

Angel walked into the living room perched in the doorway, folding his arms over his chest.

“Did you hear me?”

Buffy ’s fingers danced in the lose curls at the nape of Spike’s neck as he ghost his hand over her hips, snaking his arm around her waist. Pulling her flush against him, his desire for her evident, nudging her in the thigh.

“Buffy, I said did you hear me.” Angel exclaimed with more fever to his tone.

Snapping her head to the right she blinked at her brother trying to shake the lustful cloud that infected her brain.

“Wha?”

“Do you want butter or cheese on your popcorn? Gee Buffy, where is your head?”

Blinking again she turned her attention to Spike who was fixing her with a tilted head, eyes questioning her behavior, still standing across the room from her.

“Yeah… ummm… butter. Spike turn that off! It’s soooo not music.”

“See told ya, you have no taste.” He supplied as he pushed the “stop” button to the stereo.

Taking a deep breath Buffy whimpered ‘Its going to be a long weekend’

**************************

After everyone was settled Faith inserted the first flick, Titanic.

“Should have guessed…” Angel said turning to face Spike.

“Chick flick!” They said simultaneity.

“Please its so not a chick flick. Look, it has nudity, sex, some violence, boys can dig it.”

“Yeah, whatever. Just because there’s like one naked seen of the red headed chick doesn’t make it a flick for men.”

“So says the idiot whose boinking super slut from plant sluttopolios.” His sister retaliated.

“Shhhh, it’s starting.” Faith announced turning back over to rest her hands on her chin, along with the rest of the girls. They were spread out on their piles; Buffy and Willow had pillows from the couch, as they laid on their bellies watching the movie.

Buffy had her legs lifted in the air behind her, kicking her feet to a tune she only heard. Spike couldn’t help but to notice how her shorts, the little that was covering her clung shapely to her bum. He had to bite back the groan he felt coming on, why did he agree to staying the weekend again?

*some time later *

“See that’s so sweet.”

“I know Willow, it’s… oh… I love him so much.” Dawn said through sobs as she blotted at her tears.

“Man, Jack so rocks. It’d be nice if all men were like him.” Faith added

“Yeah. I mean sitting in freezing water, he gives up the float-y wood for Rose. That’s so (sigh) yeah.”

“It’s just a movie. I’m sure if it were real he’d give two shits about the bird and let her drowned.”

Angel burst into laughter followed by Spike as his cocky grin sat upon his face.

All four heads shot up turning to give the forms with the manly parts the evil eyes.

“That’s just wrong, and proves my point that men today… well they just suck. They suck and suck some more, they get what they want then turn all evil and toss you to the curb.”

‘Did I just self confess something?’ Buffy started to frown at the slip of her treacherous lips. Willow and Faith wanted to comfort her but they knew she wouldn’t give, as Angel and Spike just blinked at her like she’d turned into a state puff marshmallow person.

“Pissh-aw, I was only paraphrasing here. Duh, so stop with the funny looks, kay.”

************************

“I love S’mores, they are my best friend.”

Buffy sang to herself in the kitchen while she made the gooey choco/marshmallow treat. Spike entered the kitchen eyeing the tiny girl, walking over he swiped a gram cracker, popping it into his mouth.

“Hey, was using that ya know.”

“Well you’re not now,” he replied through a mouth full of cracker.

Buffy placed the snack into the microwave for 30 seconds as she started on the next batch.

“What was up with that whole little speech in there?”

The bell “dinged” and she quickly turned around to remove them from the microwave, placing the S’mores down on the counter.

“Nothing, I told you. I was only making a point.” Buffy uttered, gazing down at the tile floor suddenly finding great intrest in how her mother made it sparkle after waxing it.

Spike never being the one to back down surged forward.

“That’s what happened, didn’ it? You and Riley.”

‘Stupid idiot, so convincing of the blonde thing.’ Raising her gaze resting it on the man standing before her, Buffy forced a small smile on her face.

“Yeah. It’s stupid, something… well… yeah, stupid.”

“’S not stupid Buffy. Hey, talking to someone who let the love of their life walk all over them.”

She gave him a small smile, “Yeah, I know. Thanks. It’s just so not fair; one person you think you love throws it right back in your face. And totally mess it up for anyone else who comes alone, just peachy.” She finished rolling her eyes.

“Well anyone who’s stupid enough to do wrong by you Buffy doesn’t deserve you.”

Buffy would be damned if her heart didn’t just stop beating then speed to a thousand beats per second, and that look Spike was sending her right then made her whole body shiver in blazing desire. Spike tentatively lifted his hand brushing his fingers across her flushed cheek. Buffy turned towards his touch closing her eyes, taking the feather light gesture committing it to memory. Lowering his hand he twined a lock of her hair that was no long in pigtails, around his finger as a coy smile danced upon her pink lips.

‘Get a grip, you can’t be doin’ this.’ Spike’s better half protested, choosing to ignore it he shoved it to the recesses of his mind. Licking her lips Buffy raised up on her toes meeting Spike’s lips in a kiss, so tender and sweet, but filled with passion and desire. Her knees bucked from the blissful pleasure his magic tongue was eliciting upon her.

‘Friends Buffy, friends… and crazy over bearing brother is in the next room.’ Buffy reminder herself before she got lost in the intimacy of the moment, a whimper escaped her lips, as they pulled apart. Sighed heavily she turned around to pick up the plate of snacks.

“We a… better get back before Angel sends out the hounds. And on to the chocolaty goodness.”

*************************


“About time, we though you were hogging all the sweet stuff for your selves.” Dawn said glancing at her brother walking back into the room.

This time Willow got up popping in the tape, since Faith let her snag a peep at them. She quickly pulled out her favorite movie thrilled that she had something else in common with the brunette.

“Ok, I love this movie. I’m quite sure every girl growing up loved this movie.”

Angel had turned off all the lamps except for one bathing the living room in a soft glow, as the girls got comfy on the floor. The movie started and Buffy, Faith, and Willow started to swoon.

“I love Dirty Dancing.” Buffy gushed sighing, “Patrick Swayze was so hot in this movie. Yummy salty goodness.”

“So agree with you there B.”

“Ok, who is Patrick Swayze??? And Dirty Dancing.”

“Oh you’ll see exactly who we mean.” Willow Supplied to Dawn’s question.

“Ok, so we have it established, the sexist men alive on the plant are, Patrick Swayze, Ty Diggs, and Orlando Bloom.” Faith counted them off on three fingers.

Spike and Angel moaned, if they had to sit through one more ogle fest with these women their heads were going to explode.

“Yup. And is not Orlando to die for, with the blonde hair and blue eyes… yummy.” Buffy got that far off dreamy look in her eye, “I mean so Lord of The Ring sexy.”

Willow shot her that “right” look with a laugh.

“Please, he’s not even a real blonde Buff. And what’s up with his squeaky clean image. ”

“Duh, hence the hotness.” She flashed a quick glimpse to the blonde next to her brother, who was sporting his trademark smirk. ”And one can over look him being good, it’s cute.”

* some more time later *

“This is my all time favorite part of the movie.”

“Yeah, isn’t it cool how he comes back after being fired, gives his speech then takes Baby by the hand to start dancing. Her dad’s face, classic.” Faith and Buffy agreed with Willow.

“And this is one of my all time songs, Time of My Life, I love it. If I ever get married it will be my wedding song.” Buffy chirped.

“This movie was nice.” Dawn finished last with a wistful look to her eye.

“Ok, we sat here long enough, now its our turn for movies. Close your mouth; you have all weekend to watch theses. Now it is time for Apocalypse Now.”

“Fine!” Buffy said rolling her eyes, “You should be happy that I like that movie.”

*************************

“Almost one, anyone up for another movie.” Dawn really didn’t want to go to sleep yet; she was having too much fun hanging with the older teens. Plus Giles would never let her watch any of these movies; something about not being mature enough… please.

“Ok, to my credit I didn’t get all sweet sappy movies, I got some scary ones too.”

Faith reached into the bag pulling out “The Village”, Ooo’s and Ahhh’s around.

“Good bloody flick.”

“Good, cause I haven’t seen this one. It’s not to scary is it, because me and scary equals super freaked out?” Willow exclaimed pushing some of her hair behind her ear.

“Nah, not to scary.” Buffy said while grabbing her blanket diving on the couch to sit between her brother and Spike.

“Not scary huh.” Dawn smirked watching her make a hasty retreat. “Then what’s with the whole hugging the couch?”

“Duh, I always cower at scary stuff, and I use the bubbling idiots as my shield. See all with the shield-age.”

Getting with the comfy Buffy tossed her blanket over her legs which she had on her brother’s lap, and rested her head on Spike’s shoulder.

“Ok, bring it on!”

Half way through the movie Spike slipped his hand over Buffy’s covering it with his own. She went the next step by interlocking the hands, rubbing her thumb over the back of his.

Ok, this was nice, very nice. This was the reason why Spike decided to spend the weekend with his best mate, to be near his girl. Just when Spike started to think of Buffy as his girl he couldn’t say, but she had wiggled her way into his heart, and he decided he wanted to keep her there. Giving their hands a tight squeeze Buffy looked up at him, smiling squeezing back.

God, she could feel herself falling, falling into those endless pools of emotion. Buffy wasn’t out looking for anyone, wasn’t looking for any kind of relationship, but she had stumbled upon Spike. A smile tugged at her lips as she mused. Of all the people, who’d ever thought she’d fall for her brother’s best friend, and who would have guessed he’d fall right back. Spike reached up pushing a strand of hair behind her ear as she still held his gaze. Lost in their own world oblivious to the others around them.

Slowly Buffy leaned forward and Spike did the same, only inches apart from each other. Buffy could feel his breath upon her lips. Eyes fluttering shut, and that small ball of anticipation burned in her stomach.

“I love this part.”

Drew them out of their embrace and back to the reality at hand… Angel. With a sigh the two blondes sat back on the couch still holding hands.

**********************
A/N Sorry to end it like this, but if I didn’t then this chappie would be quite long lol. Let me know what you think, wasn’t to sure on this one. So review!!!
Chapter 13: Ain't No Sunshine by GoldenBuffy
Author's Notes:
Sorry that I haven't updated in a really long time, but my pc blew up and it took me longer than I expected to get a working one lined up to use. I didn't get a chance to post chappie 13 so here it goes, I hope you like. If you do you know what to do *wink* I'm also starting work on chappie 14, and to keep up to date with me visit my LJ.
A/N Warning contains some issues with attempted rape.

A/N 2) Sorry about the lack of updating got busy with RL. Working on chapter 14 now.

*************

Chapter 13: Ain't No Sunshine


The weekend seemed to fly bye to quickly for Buffy’s taste. And being in a house full of Angel left no room for smoochies with Spike. Grant it they weren’t at “official” couple-age, but hey it was a start, besides all the pre couple sex of course. But there were a few things Buffy needed to trifle through before she finally, truly, admitted to herself that she desired something more with Spike.

At lest someone in the family got some quality time in with their significant other. Joyce had come home late Sunday night, all chipper and relaxed, which normally wasn’t their mom. Both siblings made “ick” faces as they greeted their parental unit.

“So I take it everything went fine here?” Joyce asked looking around the living room for any trace of a wild party, like the last time she left then alone.

“Yup, just peachy. Ate lots of junk, which I might add I’ll be working off for the next week. Watched many sappy movies, it was fun. Even got Angel and Spike to agree to make over time.”

Buffy replied thrusting her brother’s fuchsia covered nails into their mother’s face. The elder Summers woman couldn’t help but laugh, taking on the highly annoyed face of her son.

Snatching his hand away Angel glared at his sister, “That’s why it’s coming off tonight. Glad you’re home mom.”

Planting a small kiss on Joyce’s cheek Angel turned headed towards his room, intent on removing that girly color from his fingers.

“Well I better head off to bed as well. Wouldn’t want to mess up my last days of academic attendance now do I.”

Buffy said while hugging her mother good night.

“No we wouldn’t.” Joyce replied with a small smile tugging at her lips. It was real, her baby was going to be graduating high school, and attending college next fall. Joyce knew this day would come, and she figured she’d be ready for it. But now that the time was at hand, she found herself wishing Buffy was still in diapers.

“Oh, that reminds me. I forgot to tell you before I left for the weekend. You have a doctors appointment tomorrow after school.”

Stopping her ascent up the stairs Buffy turned back around to face her mother.

“What for, and with who?” She questioned raising a brow.

“Your OB, Dr. Deluca.”

‘Don’t panic Buffy play it cool.’ “What for?” She cursed herself, why did her voice do that squeaky mouse thingy, and what was up with her face starting to turn a deep crimson. There was no way her doctor told her mom, right.

“Call me over protective…,” Joyce sighed placing her hand on her hip. “but with you starting college, and the temptations that it presents. I just rather you play it safe than sorry. So you’re going to be placed on a birth control pill, that’s all.”

Buffy stood there mouth gaping open, hands folded over her chest, and eyes blinking at an astonishing rate. Did her mother just go there, did she just tell her she was placing her on the pill? Wait back up; “temptations” was Joyce Summers labeling her sweet virtuous. Ok, well not one hundred percent virtuous but still, “virtuous” daughter of being a boy crazy horn ball?

Finally finding her voice, “Mom, I am so not going to be boinking every boy on campus! I haven’t had sex with anyone since Riley. And are you implying that I would be even entertaining the though!”

‘Ops’ Buffy mentally slapped herself in the head. “So wasn’t a complete lie, but still.’

“Buffy please such language, “boinking” how vulgar is that, really. A woman should never speak like that. And Riley! Elizabeth Ann Summers, just when did you plan on sharing this information with me? Do you see why I’ve arranged this appointment? Heaven forbid if anything would have come of your tryst with him. You couldn’t even tell me you two were intimate.”

Ok this was going no where fast, and why was Buffy’s mom starting to sound like Giles with the whole “how vulgar is that, really”, hello over bearing British speech.

Sighing the young blonde slumped her shoulders forward in defeat. “I’m sorry, and it was stupid of me not to come to you mom. I should have told you at the time. But it’s a chapter of my life that I would like to close and not re-hatch, so trying to repress, kay? I’ll go after school, no worries.”

Watching her daughter’s expression, Joyce decided not to push the issue. Smiling she walked over to the stairs rising until she was standing on the lower step just below Buffy.

“Don’t worry sweetie, we’ll talk when you’re ready. You better head off to bed, I’ll see you in the morning.”

The two hugged and mother placed a small kiss atop of her daughter’s soft golden locks.

****************************


That was the last of it, as Buffy tossed the pile of garbage from her locker into the large trash bin, in the middle of the hallway. The seniors spent the day cleaning out their lockers, returning books, find out if they owed money for ruined school property, etc. Turning to head back to her locker to retrieve her things Buffy suddenly found her view filled with Cordelia Chase.

With an irritated sigh the blonde crossed her arms over her chest glaring at her nemesis.

“I’m not here to start anything with you Buffy,” the brunette waited to see if she could finish.

“I’m having a pre-graduation party this weekend and I wanted to invite you… personally. “ She finished laying Buffy a thousand watt smile.

“What’s your angle Cordy?” She asked skeptically, and she had all right to be, it wasn’t as if she and Cordelia were the best of friends any more.

“Nothing, no angle at all. Gee, Summers, you’d think you’d know if someone was trying to be civil with you. And I really would like you to attend.”

They had been friends for far to long, and Buffy knew when Cordelia was lying, but she wasn’t this time. She was truly swallowing her pride asking her ex-best friend to attend a party she was hosting.

Relaxing her stance Buffy placed her hands on her hips, “Ok, I’ll come… but I’m brining Willow and Tara.”

Now it was time for Crody to sigh.

“Fine, if it will get you to come… please bring your grubby little friends. But don’t expect me to speak to them.”

“I wouldn’t except anything less from you Cordelia.”

With that Buffy gave a small smile, returned to her locker to gather her mini black backpack and her gym shorts, which she though were forever lost and headed home… or a doctor’s office.

************************

Walking down the street in deep thought Buffy was still running over her conversation with her mother. She still couldn’t believe that her mom would even entertain the thought that she’d go boy crazy in college, please, has she seen any of the boys who attended UC Sunnydale… ewww!

So caught up in her musing, Buffy didn’t notice the car the pulled up beside her.

“Hey squirt, why are you not home yet?”

“Huh, oh, had stuff to do.” Buffy said walking over to the Chevy, swinging open the door she plopped down into the passenger set.

Angel glanced over his shoulder looking for on coming traffic then pulled back onto the street. The two sat in a comfortable silence listening to the radio as “Candy Shop” by 50 cents played. Buffy buckled herself in.

“You know for someone who’s in a rock band your taste in music varies.”

“Yeah, one mustn’t limit himself, he must reach to other pleasures,” he finished with a smirk.

“Please spare me.” Buffy rolled her eyes looking out the passenger side window.

“So you never did tell me what you were doing walking from down town.”

“Had to go to the doctors. Mom got it in her head that I’d become ‘unleashed’ once I transition into college life.”

He crinkled his brow at her reply, not sure what to make of it.

Buffy sighed pushing her hair behind an ear, “She made me get on the pill.”

The air filled with the bellow of Angel’s laugh, Buffy sat there glaring at him.

“And what’s so funny, huh?”

“Oh, that’s just… hooo…” After a few more moments of laughter the brunette was able to contain himself.

“That’s typical mom, you know that. But I can’t believe she would think little Buffy would go all super slut come college.”

“Please, that job is already filled by Darla.” Buffy snapped crossing her arms over her chest.

“Hey, you take that back.”

“Why, cause Darla’s virtue is so needed defending. She and Drusilla have been neck to neck since middle school.”

“She’s changed, and if you’d give her a chance you’d see that Buffy.”

“Don’t Buffy me, Angel! I can’t give her a chance, I just don’t like her, and she rubs me the wrong way. And you so better not be getting serious with her.”

Sighing Angel gripped the steering wheel, “We have something… it’s comfortable.”

“Ok, stop right there. So not wanting to have this conversation with you about Darla. Someone else, like sweet, wholesome and demure yes, but Darla, no. A whole world of no. But let’s face it, you and wholesome so not happening.”

“Gee, thanks Buffy in your vote of confidence, it make’s a world of difference.”

*************************

Tuesday was a slow day at school, but the seniors had a half-day so that was defiantly of the good. So Buffy was seriously looking forward to the alone time once she got home. Her mom was all with the weepy, whipping gout old photo albums of Buffy as a baby. Joyce had been crying all Monday evening saying how fast children grew, gee wasn’t she the one pushing for the pill.

Deep in thought Buffy opened the kitchen door, ‘What’s that smell?’

The kitchen was filling with a thick dark smoke, which was pouring from the oven.

“What the hell? And what’s with the smoke alarm not going off?”

Buffy yelled as Angel and Spike dashed into the room. Angel ripped the oven door open grabbing a dishtowel to remove the cookie sheet from the oven, then tossing it onto the counter.

“Open up the bloody door Buffy!”

“Huh? Ok, yeah, right.” Buffy pulled open the door fanning the smoke out, which really didn’t help much.

“What are you two doing? And you do know mom’s going to be pissed about a smoke filled, stinky kitchen.”

“Yeah, well, we’ll get it cleaned up.”

She walked over to the counter looking at the black, smoldering chunks on the try.

“And her backing sheet. Hello, majorly piss worthy.” Scrunching up her nose she sniffed the black stuff.

“Cookies. Peaches wanted cookies.”

“Oh, and you guys thought you could channel Kebbler Elf why?”

“Ha, ha, very funny Buffy. No, we forgot, got busy on the computer.” Angel retorted folding his arms over his chest. He took great offence to his sister’s statement, did she not know he passed home economics with flying colors in middle school. He was after all the bake off king, hello!

“Anyway, why are you here? Do you guys ever go to school majoring in anything, or is that a metaphor to you? And eww, like I want to know what got you all engrossed on the internet!”

“One,” the brunette held one finger in the air, “I live here, my house, I can come and go as I please. Two, yes we do, summer break started yesterday. And I’m thinking of becoming a private investigator. And three, you’re right you wouldn’t want to know… or would you.”

Spike couldn’t help the snort that followed the suspicious look Angel cast towards Buffy, or the “eww” look she was sporting in return.

“Oh yeah, right. Like I can so see you doing investigative work, and what Spike would be your partner.”

“Hey it could happen, and what’s wrong with him being my partner.”

“Pifftt, okay. Yeah, you could open an office in LA, name it Angels Investigations, and to top it all off Cordelia could be your secretary. That’s as believable as if I was some super hero chosen to save mankind, and slay creatures that go bump in the night. And eww, NO! I don’t want to see your smutty smut porn site. Gross much!”

************************


Wednesday was an extremely slow day at school, and Thursday wasn’t much the same, each teacher gave the seniors a small party with cake and snack foods. Pictures were snapped, tears shed, classmates signing each other’s yearbooks. It was ok; Buffy was stuffed, too much junk food, so not of the good.

Friday was the last day for the upper classmen, the last time Buffy would grace these hall ways, well not exactly since she still had to graduate but still. For scholastic education, she was no longer required to attend Sunnydale High. Taking one last look around she found herself swatting at a single tear that spilled from the corner of her eye. Four years of fun, heart ach, turmoil, cram sessions, four years of teenaged high jinks.

“I wonder if Angel felt this way? Nah, he was probably happy he could move on to college co-eds.” Buffy said as Willow, Tara, Faith, Gunn, and Oz came to her side.

“Don’t I know it! Have you been crying?”

Willow asked, her eyes giving away the signs that she had been crying too. Her red-rimmed eyes almost matched her hair. Tara placed a comforting hand on the redhead’s shoulder, rubbing it lightly to easy her mind.

“Yup, this is it. Say good-bye to this institution. What? Well it is, come on B, you agree?”

Buffy laughed linking her arm in Faith’s, and wrapping her other arm around Willow’s waist. Giving them both a wink they all started walking for the school’s front doors. Tara was holding Willow’s free hand as Gunn and Oz followed the girls from behind.

Stepping outside onto the steps all four girls turned smiling at each other.

“You can lock us in a building. You can make us eat funky meals. But you can’t take our freedom!”

They shouted in unison with horrible Scottish accents, then burst into a fit of giggles.

“Now it’s time to get ready to party!”

*********************

And Cordelia Chase knew how to throw a party indeed. Anyone and everyone was there, minus the geeks and the nerds, since clearly they were two different factions within the school hierarchy, and just because one was graduating so didn’t mean they could come to party. Graduating seniors as well as college kids were present and having a good time.

So since it was inevitable that both Spike and Angel would be there, Buffy road with them to Cordy’s house. After parking Buffy jumped out of the car calling over her shoulder, “See you guys in side.”

Pushing past the door she weaved through the throng of bodies only to come face to face with her ex-best friend. The brunette’s face light with excitement and she encased the petite blonde in a smothering hug.

“You came. Really Buffy I didn’t think you’d show, because, hello, so like you.”

“Yeah well what can I say? Free food, free drinks… of the non alcohol-y type, and dancing, wouldn’t miss this for the world.”

And like that they had formed a small truce, maybe just maybe Cordelia finally took her advice and removed those ‘rose’ colored glasses, and decided to grow up just a bit. Scanning the crowd Buffy spotted Willow and Gunn her feet taking her to join them.

“Hey Buffy. Oh don’t you look nice, I love the skirt, it’s so leathery and it sparkles.”

“Thanks Wills, not to shabby yourself! Hey Gunn!”

“Sup? Buffy.”

“I’m just peachy. Oh Angel and Spike are here so if you get bored hanging out with us you can always bail.”

Willow rested her arm on Buffy’s shoulder whispering in her ear, so she could hear over the music.

“I still can’t believe Cordelia let you invite me and Tara. Because her being charitable is way wiggy.”

“Tell me about, and we came to this whole truce thing too. Wonder what brought on the change of heart?”

Buffy mentally made a note to keep her eye on the cheerleader; maybe she went off the deep end, not removing the glasses after all.

The party was in full swing an hour later, more teens and young adults showed up and the mansion was packed. Tara and Oz showed up, and Faith, Drusilla, and Darla made an appearance as well. And way was Buffy not surprised that loony bird made a B line for one bleached sexy idiot. But she did, and she was seething with jealousy, “Stupid pregnant psycho ho hanging all over Spike!”

She watched as Drusilla practically molded herself to Spike’s side, and she could just imagine her cooing babblings into his ear. Spike would inch away and she would follow.

“Spike, my sweet Spike, why haven’t you come to bring me presents?” Drusilla pouted looking up at him with her “wounded” puppy look.

Sighing Spike looked down at her, he remembered a time when that look would have had him on his knees to make everything better in her world again. But now it did nothing but piss him off, and how easily he let her manipulate him.

“Cause Dru we’re not together any more. So no I don’t bring you presents.”

“But mummy misses her dark prince.”

“Well maybe it’s time for Dru to find a new dark prince,” he said taking a pull on his cup of “punch”.


‘Hello, so not a couple so stop making with the green eyed monster,’ inner Buffy spat. Buffy scrunched her nose rolling her eyes trying to pry her them off of the former couple.

“Hey B. How’s it hang in?”

“Just fine, and now that Dru and Darla showed up, my fun can really began.” Faith smirked grabbing Buffy by the hand.

“Come on let’s dance.”

The two moved to the dance “floor” just as “Hot in Herre” by Nelly began to play.

The two started dancing, resembling their forms from the night at the Bronze, and once again Angel started to freak.

“See! Do you not see! What is wrong with this picture? Hum, can someone tell me please?”

“Seriously Peaches, leave Buffy alone. She’s havin’ fun.”

“So says you, so that makes it ok. Your country allows nude commercials.”

Angel watched and Willow approached Buffy whispering something in her ear.

“And I’m taking it you suspect them too, yeah?” Spike questioned with a smirk, “Guess she’s shovin’ her tongue in Buffy’s ear.”

Glaring at his soon to be ex-friend if he kept that up and folded his arms over his chest,“ Very funny Spike. You’re just chalked full of merriment aren’t you.”

Buffy and Faith burst into laughter, “Oh, god! Angel thinks THAT!”

If she didn’t stop laughing Buffy was sure of two things; one, her knees would give out under her and she’d collapse onto the floor, and two, if she didn’t stop with the laughing she was going to pee. But it was just way to funny that her brother could even fathom that she and Faith had a “thing” for each other.

The DJ played the next song, “Wicked Game” by Chris Isaak.

Darla’s eyes lit up, “Oh I love this song. Come my angel let’s dance.” She said grabbing him by the hand leading him off to the dance floor. They walked past Buffy, Faith, and Willow, who were huddled together doing the group dancing. Angel couldn’t resist and playfully slapped his sister up side her head, turning she stuck her tongue out at him then continued to dance.

Drusilla was getting more irritated by the moment, with her not taking her meds coupled with pregnancy hormones she was a mess. All she wanted was things to be normal again, to go back to the way things were. Ms. Edith had mocked her, laughing, and taunting her. She whispered with Ms. Doris and Ms. Pennyworth about Dru’s Spike. How he had strayed far away from her path, and now bathed in sunshine.

Drusilla has decided that Ms. Edith had crossed her once and for all, and she locked her in the trunk at that foot of her bed, where all naughty dolls went until they learned their lesson. But the stars and pixies agreed with Ms. Edith, that her William was truly lost to her. So granted she picked a few daisies here and there, it wasn’t as if it was such a big deal, really, she still loved him.

But she missed Spike desperately, he helped keep her grounded, well not really but he was stable, and comforting, and she wanted that back, and she was starting to entertain the though that maybe she would do anything to get him fawning over her once more.

“You haven’t taken your eyes off of my little pixie all night. You know you reek of her.”

Spike really wanted to get all snarky with Dru, but he didn’t have it in him. It wasn’t like she chose to be crazy, maybe the whole screwing everyone yeah, but crazy no.

“I’m watching anyone pet.” He focused on the words of the song drowning her rant out.


“The world was on fire and no one could save me but you, It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
I never dreamed that I'd meet somebody like you. I never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you…”

Buffy swayed to the beat, she really liked the song, despite the naked ho bag running around virtually topless in the video. And naked thoughts conjured up Spike, whom she wished, was with her now, sawing to the rhythm. Lost in his warm embrace, flush against his chest, sighing she flashed a small smile at her dance partners. Looking over her shoulder Buffy glared at Angel, it was so not fair.

It was wrong, why did he get to be happy with supper skank, and not only flaunt it in her face but rival in it. So was the suckage that was her life.


“No, I don't want to fall in love, [This world is only gonna break your heart] No, I don't want to fall in love,
[This world is only gonna break your heart] With you With you….”

Spike was praying for an escape from Dru when his salvation just happened to walk past him. Snatching at the denim-covered form Spike took Drusilla’s hand in his.

“Here, have some fun with you and yours.”

Parker was taken back at first he though the bleached blonde was going to attack him again, and he so didn’t want another broken nose. But when he felt the soft tiny hand placed in his, a whole new panic took over. Drusilla looked just as stunned glancing between the man she loved and well the idiot who impregnated her. Before anyone could protest Spike darted off releasing a breath he hadn’t realized he’d been holding.

Buffy felt a tap on her shoulder and turned to see who it was, a bright smile strolled over he features as she accepted the extended hand offered to her. Spike had to swallow the lump that formed in his throat or the little dip his heart took upon seeing her face. She was waiting for him, wanting to dance with him.

“Not to close pet. Wouldn’t want Angel reacting the same way he did when he saw you and Faith dancing.”

Buffy blushed burying her face into his shoulder; they swayed as the song continued, Spike’s hand resting at the small of her back, as she splayed her hands across his chest.

“What a wicked game to play, To make me feel this way. What a wicked thing to do, To let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, You never felt this way. What a wicked thing to do, To make me dream of you ! And I don't want to fall in love, [This world is only gonna break your heart] No I don't want to fall in love, [This world is only gonna break your heart] With you…”

So caught up in feeling that was Spike, Buffy failed to notice the figure in the shadows of the room watching her sway to the music, their hand fisting at their side.

Faith was now dancing with some random hunk who crossed her path after Gunn came and laid claim to his girl. Dancing over to the couple she whispered in Willow’s ear.

“I’m either reading into something that ain’t existing, or does Buffy and Spike got something going on?”

Willow’s eyes widen is surprise, she looked over her shoulder at them, ‘Where they that obvious? Nah, so how did Faith guess it out?’

“Truthfully I have no clue, they are just a jumble of contradictions, and for an answer you’ll have to ask her.”

Faith smirked; how anyone missed it was beyond her, it was clearly written all over them. She figured she needed to have a nice long talk with Buffy one night soon.

“The world was on fire and no one could save me but you, It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
I never dreamed that I'd love somebody like you I never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you No I don't want to fall in love, [This world is only gonna break your heart] No I don't want to fall in love, [This world is only gonna break your heart] With you With you Nobody loves no one”

The song ended replaced by “Candy Shop” by 50 cents, and the blonde duo hesitantly separated.

“Thanks for the dance Spike.”

“Any time Goldilocks.” He reached a hand up to caress her cheek. Buffy leaned into Spike’s touch, relishing the feel of him on her skin, as her eyes flutter shut for a moment. But soon it was interrupted; Drusilla swooped in like a bird of prey latching onto its meal. Gripping her hand around Spike’s arm she pulled him towards the back of the room near a hallway, she was right pissed about Parker and she was going to share some choice words with him.

“One day I’m going to kill her,” Buffy voiced to no one in particular.

“Buffy.”

Whipping around she faced the voice that was calling her, and rolled her eyes.

“What?”

“We need to talk. Just for a second, can we do that, please?” Riley said trying to emulate a wounded puppy, but he looked more constipated instead.

“We have nothing to talk about Riley, I thought I made that clear back in oh I don’t know… September.”

He closed his eyes for a moment to compose himself, why she acted like such an ice queen was beyond him. Didn’t she know they were perfect for each other even now, and the whole “incident” as she put it, was behind them just a simple misunderstanding?

“We. Need. To. Talk.”

Imitating Drusilla, Riley clamped on meaty hand around Buffy’s upper arm dragging her out of the main room into the same hallway Spike and Dru where now in.

“Let go of me Riley!” Buffy protested trying to break from his grip, but he wasn’t budging, he wanted to get his point across to her, he loved her, and he needed to tell her that. She would understand that now, she just had too.

Spike’s view of Buffy was skewered by the mixed teens here and there, but he saw she was going some where with Captain Cardboard. He had to bite back his anger; he really wanted to do serious damage to that git. And why was Buffy leaving with him? That fact seemed to make Spike even more upset.

*************************

Riley entered the private office near the back of the house on the first floor. He shut the door behind him.

“I just want to talk that’s all Buffy. Please just hear me out ok?”

Sighing Buffy rested her weight on her right hip crossing her arms over her chest.

“Fine Riley, you got five minutes so make this quick.”

“I love you Buffy.”

She stood there blinking at him, “Oookay, yeah. No. You don’t. I’m so not the same girl I was two years ago, and you uttering false sentiments of “I love you” aren’t going to get me all with the swooning.”

“Buffy you read all wrong into that night. I didn’t mean a thing I said I was scared and confused.”

“Yeah, ok. So saying I was sorriest lay you ever had was misunderstood? Riley you’re drunk and I’m going back to the party.”

He reached out to prevent her from bolting from the door; spinning Buffy around quickly he captured her lips in a frustrated kiss, Buffy frantically beat at his chest desperately trying to push him away. Breaking the kiss he locked eyes with her, as she spat the taste of him from her lips, whipping vigorously at her mouth with the back of her hand.

Riley’s eyes clouded over with rage and he gritting his teeth, “Its him isn’t it?”

“Who? What are you babbling about Riley?” Geez, she could really see why Angel and Spike disliked Riley, he really was a jerk, man Buffy wished she listened to them. Instead she gave up her virginity to the doofus. ‘Way to go genius’, she rolled her eyes replying to herself.

“Oh don’t play blonde with me Summers. You know very well who I’m talking about. You think your little dance back there didn’t go unnoticed, hum? It’s Spike!”

“That’s so none of your business Riley.”

“It is my business Buffy. You’re mine, you belong to me, you’ve just lost your path that’s all. But soon you’ll realize that you still love me.”

“Ok, I take it back, you’re not drunk you’re just crazy like Dru.” She spat starting to walk past him once again.

“I didn’t say you could leave yet Buffy.”

The quarterback roughly seized her the shoulders pulling her form back towards him. Ducking his head, Riley went to kiss Buffy again, this time she pulled back slapping him.

“Get off me Riley!”

He replied by tightening his grip around her waist, his eyes making a chill run down her spine. Buffy never feared anyone before, but the iced looked he was sending her at that moment stopped her in her tracks.

‘He wouldn’t really hurt me, would he?’

Riley never acted like this before, but most of the time they were in public. Now they were out of prying eyes and behind closed doors.

As if reading her mind Riley’s lips curled back into a sardonic smile as he drew her flush across his body.

“Oh I think you truly forgotten who you belong to Buffy and I guess I’ll just have to show you.”

Buffy had a good idea just what he meant as the evidence of it made itself painfully clear.

‘Oh shit! Oh shit! Oh shit! I gotta get out of here.’

She tried to pull away once more, struggling in their embrace, Riley pulled his arm back bring the back of his hand across her face. The sound of the slap resonated through the quite office as it connected with Buffy’s soft flesh, leaving a huge red imprint on her cheek, as blood began to run from the slip on the side of her mouth.

****************************

Spike finally was able to ditch Dru and headed back into the main room, spotting Angel he walked over to lean against the wall with him.

“Buffy come back yet?”

Angel arched his brow scanning the perimeter, “No, not yet. Why were did she go?”

“When Dru had me manhandled in the hallway I saw her heading off with Captain America.”

Frowning his brow Angel thought for a moment.

“How long ago was that?”

Sighing Spike calculated, “I’d say about 10-15 minutes.”

They both looked at each other.

“Something’s not right. She just wouldn’t go off with him for this long.”

“Yeah, I’m thinkin’ the same thing mate. Come on.”

The two headed back into the hallway checking every room they pasted with no sigh of Buffy or Riley.

*******************

“Riley you don’t want to do this please let me go. I won’t tell anyone you even hit me, see no hit.”

“Shut up you little slut. You’re going to pay for crossing me.”

‘Ok, now way is this happening, and did he just call me a slut?’

Summoning some unknown strength Buffy lifted her knee connected it with Riley’s groin. He released her to cup his injured manhood, which gave Buffy the opportunity to run. Turning she headed for the door, her hand rested on the handle and she started to turn it.

The crack she made was slammed shut as a bulky hand rested upon it; Riley fisted her hair in his hand flinging her farther back into the room. He locked the door quickly then turned to face her laying on the floor. Quickly jumping to her feet Buffy backed away from his menacing form until she felt the hard wooden desk at the back of her feet.

Pulling back Riley let his fist fly through the air connecting with the side of her head, stunning Buffy as she slumped forward. Riley caught her lowering her back onto the desktop. Oh she was a fighter, he hadn’t expected that, other girls just went with the flow, but not Buffy Summers. Well that was ok, because soon she would be his again and all would be fixed. Hw just needed to show her how much he loved her.

Buffy’s mind was surrounded by fog, she could feel his hands pawing her, and his breath on her neck as he licked ad sucked her skin. But her arms felt like lead and she really wanted to drift into the dark abyss that was calling her. Hearing his zipper sliding open snapped her out of the haze as she started to fight once again.

Riley had her pinned, he chest was flush against hers, and he rested between her spread thighs. He had her arms draped over her head and she was at his mercy, or lack of being a better word. With the ripping of her panties, Buffy closed herself off; she refused to give him the satisfaction of seeing her shed tears. That would be the last violation from him and she wasn’t going to give.

Feeling his cock pressing at her opening Buffy closed her eyes shutting down, steeling herself for the invasion that was about to happen. She waited, and waited but nothing, opening an eye Buffy saw Riley was gone.

*******************

So lost in her own world Buffy never head the door being kicked open, or felt when Riley was ripped away from her.

“What the fuck do you think you’re doing?” Spike said throwing the boy into the waiting arms of Angel.

Buffy slowly sat up blinking to adjust her eyes to the light that was filtering into the dimly lit office.

“Oh I’m sorry. Did we ruin your little party, to bad we weren’t invited.” Angel growled out through clenched teeth.

“If I would have known you had such intentions for my sister I would have done this earlier.”

Angel spun Riley around to face Spike once more as the blonde sent a shot to his gut; doubling over in pain he started coughing.

“Or this,” the brunette said kicking the boy in the back.

Spike turned his attention back to the frightened girl on the desk.

“You ok baby?”

Buffy looked up flinging herself into his waiting arms, as they both tumbled to the ground. She was shaking and had a fierce grip around Spike’s neck. Buffy didn’t speak as she buried her face into the crook of his neck.

“Get up you piece of shit.”

Angel pulled Riley up by his arm dragging him out of the room, not bothering to let him put his manly bits back into his pants. After pulling Oz and Gunn to the side, Angel informed them on what almost happened and called the police. The two kept watched over the jock as Angel went back to tend to his sister. Entering the room he noticed they were now sitting on the leather sofa in the office. Spike was rocking Buffy back and forth, smoothing her hair down with his hand, as he whispered words of comfort in her ear.

“You ok Buffy?”

Turning so looked up to face her brother giving him a wary smile, “Thanks to you two.”

Cordelia burst through the open door stopping next to Angel.

“Oh god Buffy. Oh god, you’re ok. Oh my god its all my fault. I should have told you before, years ago, but I was scared, to scared and… oh god…”

Quickly Buffy straightened up putting on her resolve face, she faced Cordy who was now hiding her face in her hands.

“It wasn’t your fault Cordelia, he’s just an ass.”

She looked back up at the blonde momentarily forgetting the others in the room.

“He did it to me too Buffy. Riley raped me three years ago. I was so ashamed and… and he convinced me it was my fault, I didn’t know what else to do.” She finished as fresh tears tracked down her cheeks.

Buffy extracted herself from Spike’s lap and took her maybe soon to be friend again in her arms, she had no idea, but now she knew what caused the character switch in her oldest friend.

The police came and arrested Riley Finn, later charging him with assault and attempted rape. They also took pictures of Buffy’s wounds, along with her statement, and Cordelia’s as well. Surprisingly Harmony and a few other girls came forward as well, to share their tales at the hands of Riley too.

********************

Angel tapped on Buffy’s door waiting for her to answer, upon hearing her he walked inside. Buffy was sitting on her bed cleaning out old papers she no longer needed listening to the radio.

“You ok?” Her brother asked sitting down on the edge of the bed.

“Yup, fine and dandy. Being attacked and almost raped a week before graduation always puts a smile on my face.”

“You wanna talk about it?”

“No, there’s nothing to talk about. What’s done is done. Now I can fully close that chapter of my life and move on. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. Who ever said that was really smart, guess they were attacked by shark or something.”

Buffy finished giving him a slight smirk, which Angel returned. Leaning over the bed he engulfed his little sister in a bear hug. Buffy held onto him, it was nice, like old times. Angel, her valiant protector, always there to protect her, to save her from the nastys that wanted to harm her when she was little.

And like most of the time, Angel was there to save her once again, snatching her from the arms of evil, with Spike in tow. So it was kinda cool to have two protectors, but they wouldn’t always be there for her. Especially Spike, if she ever told him even a sliver of what she felt for him, he’d be gone. First do the whole Jekyll/Hyde thing then split.

The siblings pulled apart just enjoying the quietness of the night. There were very few times in their young adult lives, which they shared like this, it was nice. To bad it took something vile to happen to give them the moment.

“Well get some sleep, its late, talk to you in the morning.”

“Kay!” Buffy said laying down on top of her comforter, Angel bent over placing a small kiss on her forehead.

“Good night wiggle worm,” He whispered turning off the light. Buffy smiled rolling her eyes playfully.

“Yeah, good night to you too, chicken butt.” Angel snorted closing the door behind him.

Sighing Buffy closed her eyes letting the darkness over come her, she needed her rest because tomorrow she would have to tell her mother what happened. God, sometimes she hated life.

Tittering on the verge of nothingness Buffy’s mind was assaulted by the menacing face of Riley Finn looming over her prone form, atop the wooden desk in Cordelia’s home.

“Nobody’s here to save you now Buffy. You really are a stupid bitch to think you could get away.”

She couldn’t move, she was paralyzed with fear as tears seeped down her cheeks.

‘Oh God. Oh God. Oh God,’ she continued to chant over and over in her head, how was this happening again?

But just like in reality a hand came down pulling Riley from her, sitting up she watched the fight ensue. Spike was kicking Riley’s ass much like he’d done with Parker. Something shiny caught her eye as the larger boy pulled a gun out of thin air.

Buffy opened her mouth to yell trying to warn Spike, but nothing would come out.

Buffy rose from her bed with a start, sweat dripping off of her, and her mouth contorted in a silent scream. The sound of pebbles hitting her window drew Buffy’s attention to it. Untangling her legs from the twisted sheets she headed over towards it.

Eyes adjusting to the night’s darkness she was able to make out the form, a small smile tugged at Buffy’s lips. Spike gazed up at her with a smirk; happy to see his goldilocks was all right.

“I’ll be right down,” Buffy whispered as best she could before turning to tip toe out of her bedroom.

Opening the kitchen door she was greeted to her platinum savior.

“What are you doing here this late?”

“Couldn’t sleep, wanted to make sure you were ok.”

“Yeah, until I had a nightmare. Kinda jolted me from some quality time with my pillow.”

“You feel like telling me about it?” Buffy pondered his question, oh sure, like she was going to tell him psycho football player shot him for saving her. Instead Buffy opted to stick to nasty dream.

The two walked over to the deck chairs that adorned that back porch, they both sat down on one.

“Do you… would… could you stay for a while?” She hesitantly asked not looking Spike in the eyes.

“Yeah, I can do that Buffy.”

The two got comfy laying back on the reclining chair with Buffy resting her head on Spike’s chest. They talked about nothing really, just lost in the thought of them being together. Soon they both fell asleep, and Buffy’s nightmare stayed away.

*********************

A/N Ok, that one drained me, sheesh. Did I lose anyone? Let me know what you thought, seriously very wishy about this chapter. But I felt it shed light on a few things * I hope *
Chapter 14:Feelings by GoldenBuffy
Chapter 14: Feelings


Off in the distance the early birds sang their greeting to the coming morning. The lingering night fought vigorously to keep it position with its bluish/ purple hue blanketing the sky. Baby blue and hushed yellows crept their way stealing the night making way for the coming day.

Buffy woke still snuggling with Spike, whose left hand was resting on her hip, and she was currently using his right arm as a pillow. Sighing, a small smile played upon her lips, a girl could get used to this. And had to admit Spike made a pretty comfortable pillow.

Spike cracked one eye open glancing down at his goldilocks, admiring the slight smirk she was wearing. A bloke could get used to this, waking up with his girl in his arms.

Buffy watched as the first rays of sun light started to appear on the horizon, her mind free of all thought except the warm muscular body behind her,when a deep rumbled, sleep filled voice drew her from her musing.

“What’s got you in such a good mood this morning?”

Buffy slowly rolled over on the lawn chair careful not to fall off so that she was facing Spike. Laying her head on his chest she pulled his duster snug around them both.

“I was just thinking how nice it was waking up with you here.”

Stroking her golden mane Spike smiled into her hair, “Yeah, I was just thing the same thing kitten.”

*************************

The alarm clock sounded waking Joyce from her sleep. Rolling over she quickly turned off the alarm and glanced at the clock, it announced in its dim neon green glow that it was now seven am. With a small sigh she eased out of bed wrapping her-self in her lush house robe.

Heading down stairs Joyce remembered that she wanted to have a talk with her daughter later today once she returned from the gallery.

Arriving home later than expected last night she walked past Buffy’s room intending on a quick chat before bed, but stopped when she encountered the intimate moment between her two children.

Feeling like an intruder she hurriedly retreated to her bedroom, but she desperately wanted to know what was bothering her only daughter. Grant it she was the mother, and Buffy the daughter, but Joyce missed the old days, when Buffy confided all her problems to her. And now that she was almost an adult it was as if there was a gulf between them.

Entering the kitchen the aroma of fresh brewing Columbia blend greeted her bring a small smile to her features. Walking over towards the cabinets Joyce retrieved her favorite mug. Walking over to the kitchen sink she turned the knob on intending to rinse out her cup.

Movement caught her eye from the kitchen window and Joyce stared out onto the patio to see who or what was out there. Stilling her movements she could make out two figures, Buffy and was that Spike? Just when did they start becoming so close?

A even bigger smile danced across her face as she watched the two snuggle even closer under the leather duster after Buffy rolled over to face the blond next to her.

The elders Summers woman couldn’t help but warm to the idea that her daughter had feelings for her fiancés’ nephew. She always liked William, seeing straight through his tough guy façade. But she did have to admit she would have to get used to the idea of Spike and Buffy as an item. And how would her son react. She chuckled at the notion.

Joyce also knew that William was a way better match for her daughter than that Riley Finn. That over baring marine wannabe was to obsessive towards Buffy. Always noting her every move, he even went so far to coordinate their outfits for school when they were together. Breaking up with him was one of the best things Buffy had ever done.

Feeling like a voyeur Joyce quickly retreated away from the window to enjoy her morning cup of coffee.

**********************

Spike slipped his finger under Buffy’s chin lifting her face until her vision rested on him. The two stared at each other for some long moments. Spike ghosted his thumb over Buffy's slightly swollen cheek, where that wanker Riley assaulted her. His jaw clinched as he swallowed the rage that threaten to surface one again.

Lowering his head Spike placed a gentle kiss on Buffy’s wound as her breath caught in her throat. She slowly closed her eyes letting the feelings he invoked wash over her.

Spike wanted to tell Buffy exactly how he felt about her right then and there, how much she meant to him. She made him feel alive, when Buffy was around it was like nothing else mattered, nothing else existed. He felt she was truly his soul mate, no he knew she was his soul mate. He never wanted to let her go, but he also didn’t want to push her away.

‘ God, could this get any better?’ Buffy thought as she leaned into Spike’s gentle lips. She really wanted to tell him how she felt, how he made her feel. She couldn’t imagine feeling like this towards anyone other than Spike. How he made her tummy go all flip floppy with just his smile. How she craved his touch ever since they shared their first kiss in the cemetery that night. But did he really feel the same way about her as she felt for him?

Buffy desperately wanted to know, but she didn’t hold any false pretense either. Oh she knew Spike had feelings for her, but Buffy questioned just how deep those feelings ran. And the last time she opened herself up to someone she got burned, got burned bad.

“I think I should head in before my mom comes looking for me.”

“Yeah, wouldn’t want Joyce worryin’ about you now would we,” Spike replied in a low voice that rumbled from his chest.

“No, we wouldn’t want Mom all with the worries.”

Buffy replied brushing her lips lightly across his. With a sigh she slipped from his comforting embrace and from the safety of the duster.
Buffy slowly walked towards the kitchen door, stopping she glanced over her shoulder.

“I'll see you later tonight?”

The smile that stole over Spike nearly took Buffy's breath away.

“Yeah Buffy, not even wild horses could keep me away.”

Spike watched as Buffy disappeared into the dark kitchen. Standing he slipped his duster on, adjusted his collar and headed back to his house.

**********************

Closing the door behind her Buffy slumped against it releasing a small sigh. She really didn't want to say goodbye to Spike, but how would Angel react if he happened to find them like that. 'Stupid Angel!'

Releasing a frustrated growl she punched the door, “Ow, stupid ...”

“Good morning Buffy.”

Wide eyed with surprise the blond quickly whipped her head around to face her mother, sitting at the island sipping at her coffee.

“Morning, didn't think you'd be up this early,” Buffy announced walking farther into the kitchen.

Joyce smirked watching her daughter fumbled for a cover story as to why she was coming in at 7 in the morning.

“You and Spike looked pretty cozy out there.”

Quickly taking on the “deer caught in the headlights” look Buffy froze in mid stride.

“You saw that?”

Joyce set her mug down on the island top and walked over to her daughter. “Yes, I did Buffy,” she placed her hand in the air to silence any protest that might come her way.

“I trust that when you're ready you'll give me all the specifics surrounding the two of you. I for one ...”

Joyce was caught in mid-sentence when her eyes traveled over the bruising on her daughter's cheek.

“What in the world happened to your face sweetie?”

Self-consciously Buffy brushed her fingers over the offending mark casting her eyes down to the ground. Tears threatened to spill from her eyes as images of the previous evening came rushing back like a flood. Her bottom lip began to quiver as the first tear ran down her face. Joyce's heart broke as she gazed upon her daughter, a million possible scenarios played out in her head.

Quickly closing the distance between them Joyce engulfed her daughter in the biggest bear hug she could muster. The tears that Buffy was fighting to hold back burst through as she buried her face in her mother's chest. After some long moments Buffy's sobs turned into hiccups as she wiped her eyes on the back of her hand.

Joyce walked Buffy over to the kitchen table helping her down into the closest chair. Buffy's legs felt like jell-o and she quickly collapsed into the chair. Joyce placed another chair opposite to her daughter and sat down, quietly waiting for her to speak.

Buffy rested her hands upon the table playing with a grain of sugar trying to figure out where to begin. Joyce reached over placing her hand atop Buffy's hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

“I really really don't want to get into the whole thing mom so please don't make me, kay? It was Riley, he tried to do something really bad,” she swallowed hard pushing down the lump that wanted to break through.

“He ... oh god ... and Angel ... and Spike ... yeah. So then the cops came and Cordelia ... and then home.”

Joyce sat back processing and filtering through what Buffy had just told her. Being her mother she was used to Buffy's babbling when nervous or upset. She was pissed, she was infuriated, that that jerk would dare lay a finger on her daughter let alone try and rape her.

The two sat in silence for some time, Buffy composed herself once again stealing a glance at her mother. Joyce simply smiled at her daughter cupping her still damp cheek in her hand, rubbing soothing circles over it with her thumb.

“It will be alright sweetie. You'll see, he'll get whats coming to him.”

******************
A/N Sorry it took so long but I had pc troubles. But everything is fixed now and I will be working on chapter 15 soon. So leave me some feedback let me know what you think!
Chapter 15: Pretty in Pink (Sortta) by GoldenBuffy
Author's Notes:
I'm kinda speeding through a few days in this chapter, I mean nothing really happens, and I'm guessing you want to get to the prom sooner or later. And I think I'll go with sooner,lol. So I hope you can follow along, and enjoy the chappie! Also, sorry it took so long, my muse, well he ran out on me, decided to frolic with the daisies. If you want to know what's kept me away from updating this fic, then please check out my new one “It Happened One Night”. And last but not lest, I'm trying to get this whole fic beta-ed since I started this way back last year. This is my first fic every written, and I would like it to be as good as it can be.
Summary: Buffy filled Joyce in about the party. And the relationship between Buffy and Spike seems to be advancing to a new level.

Disclaimer: If I owned Buffy she would still be on the air now, with much spuffy goodness going on. But sadly Joss owns them all and can do with them as he pleases. *sniff *

Rating: PG

Author's Notes: I'm kinda speeding through a few days in this chapter, I mean nothing really happens, and I'm guessing you want to get to the prom sooner or later. And I think I'll go with sooner,lol. So I hope you can follow along, and enjoy the chappie! Also, sorry it took so long, my muse, well he ran out on me, decided to frolic with the daisies. If you want to know what's kept me away from updating this fic, then please check out my new one “It Happened One Night”. And last but not lest, I'm trying to get this whole fic beta-ed since I started this way back last year. This is my first fic every written, and I would like it to be as good as it can be.



***************************



Chapter 15: Pretty in Pink (Sortta)



Buffy was exhausted after her cry-fest with her mother. She slowly climbed the stairs to her room, stifling a yawn she entered her room; quietly closing the door behind her. The bed seemed to far away with its rumpled bedsheets and discarded comforter, but before she knew it Buffy was faced down on her pillow. Quickly she drifted off to sleep.


**************************

Showered and all with the freshness, Buffy plopped herself down in front of her vanity, hair still wrapped in its over sized towel, Buffy grabbed her bottle of jasmine scented lotion and applied it over her damp skin; locking in its moisture.

Buffy placed the lotion bottle back in its rightful place, before slipping on a matching lace undergarments, then tossing on a black tank top and denim skirt.

Returning to her vanity Buffy removed the towel, and combed her fingers through her damp hair, allowing it to air dry. Opening the drawer to her right Buffy quickly removed her diary, pen in hand.

' Dear Diary ... really , who starts off their journal writing with “Dear Diary”. I saw it on a movie once and always wanted to use it. But really - I'm so confused. So much has happened in the past few months it could make one's head spin, and spin mine has . And the strangest of them all are the feelings that I've developed for a certain someone. Well , no, if I'm truthful to myself , which I really. Truthful, my name is Buffy. I love Spike, ooo, look I said it. I love him... a lot. Million dollar question though, should I tell him? He makes my stomach go all flip floppy, making with the butterflies. I'm afraid, deathly afraid that he doesn't feel the same way about me. And I really want to find out, but I'm all scared-y Buffy when it comes to that. If he doesn't feel the same way about me, I will most likely die. So what should I do?

xox Buffy xox'


Buffy closed the book setting it on top of her vanity. With a sigh she rested her face in the palms of her hands, staring at her reflection.

“Well ... just what do I do?”

*****************************

Sunday had come to an end, Monday rushed by, and then it was Tuesday, one day before the prom. Buffy was happy ... okay, ecstatic was more like it. Finally one of the biggest nights of her young life was about to happen.

Willow had been a non stop chatter box all day, hands and head moving animatedly back and forth as she talked. Tara was surprisingly talkative as well. The three had been busy getting final touches for their outfits.

Faith had recently departed from their company after their appointments at a local salon. Nails, hair, and waxing all done. All Buffy had left to do was wait, and walk home since she couldn't get Angel to pick her up. He and Spike had been acting all super sneaky lately, and Buffy was getting restless not knowing what was going on.

With a sigh she stuffed her neatly manicured fingers into her jean pockets and continued her trek home. Tara and Willow were commenting on each other's hair, but Buffy really wasn't paying them much attention, she was focused on her conversation with Faith earlier in the day.



Buffy and Faith sat side by side while the two cosmetologies set to work on their nails. Faith wore a smirk as she kept looking at the blonde next to her.

“What's with the smirk?”

“Aww, come off it B. Quite with all the coyness.”

Buffy laughed a bit, but still quite perplexed.

“I honestly have no clue to what you're talking about. So enough with the double O, and spill.”

Faith licked her candy apple red lips, damping them a bit before continuing.

“So, you and Spike are playing 'hide the sausage', huh?”

Buffy's eyes widened to huge saucers as she quickly whipped her head around to see where Willow and Tara sat, before turning back to the brunette.

“Umm, okay, where did you here that?”

“Seriously Buff, the two of you, the other night, party at Cordelia's.”

Stifling a nervous giggle, Buffy started to flush a pale pink.

“We were that obvious?”

“Damn B, obvious, shit you had me sweating. So how long.”

“Not long, Faith,” she replied still trying to hide the tint to her skin.

“And you have to be quite, cause nobody knows.”

Faith mocked buttoned her lips still wearing that devilish smile.



“Buffy... earth to Buffy. Are you ok.”

“Yup, just peachy Wills, just peachy!”


***************************

Spike paced back and forth on the front porch, mumbling to himself as he took another drag from his cigarette. He whipped around his duster twirling out behind him. Buffy watched with amusement as she mounted the stairs trying to stifle her mirth.

Looking up, Spike's eyes rested upon Buffy's face, he couldn't help the smile that spread from her presence. He quickly swallowed the distance between them, coming to rest only an arms span from her.

They stood there for some long moments, not put off by the silence, he was so close, Buffy could smell the warn leather of his duster, and the still clinging smoke from his cigarette. God, she loved his smell, could never see herself growing tired of it.

“Like the hair, Goldilocks,” he whispered, wrapping a finger in one of her curls.

A slight blush crept upon her checks as she mumbled a “thank you”. Quickly composing herself Buffy looked up into those ever expresses blue eyes.

“So what's the what? Gonna tell me why your here, not that I mind,” she blushed once again.

Spike opened his mouth ready to reply, but found he couldn't speak. He knew why he was there, and running it over in his head everything sounded fine, but now, face to face with his sunshine, he found he couldn't form the words. 'Bloody hell!'

Spike started to pace once again, getting his mouth to form the words. Buffy watched his retreating form. He quickly turned again and walked back towards her. Stopping he locked eyes with her again.

“Buffy, I know its late and all, and you... sod it. Will you let me take you to the prom?”

Stunned with utter surprise Buff blinked and ran the question through her head once more. She did not have to think twice, she knew what she wanted, secretly dreamed. Will a smile firmly in place she replied with a simple “Yes!”

*********************

Buffy rushed into her room, tossing herself on her bed. She was ecstatic, she going to the prom, with a date, who was Spike. She couldn't help the sappy smile that was plastered all over her face, or the corny song playing over in her head.

'I'm going to the prom with Spike.'

She needed to call someone, to tell them the good news. Buffy picked up the phone and dialed the number.

“Faith!”

***********************

Dara sat across from Angel on her couch, arms folded defensively over her chest, and her face taking on the appearance of one who just recently sucked on a lemon.

“I thought I made myself perfectly clear, there would be no Faith taking to the prom.”

“It's not a big deal Darla. I'm just taking a friend to the prom.”

Dara uncrossed her arms and scooted over to the brunette sitting on her couch. She slipped her hand between his, and batted her eyes lovingly, turning on the charm.

“Angel, sweetie. I'm asking you nicely not to take Faith to the prom.”

“Well I'm sorry Dara, but I can't just up and tell her that I'm not going as her date now can I? She has been expecting to go with me for the past two weeks. So, no, I'm going with her.”

Ripping her hand away from his, Darla jumped up off the couch.

“FINE! But I'm warning you, if you walk out that door without complying with me, then, then don't bother coming here ever again.”

'Well won't Buffy be pleased. Where did that come from?' Angel thought before turning his attention back towards the irate woman before him.

“Come on Darla, I don't see what the big deal is, and why are you acting like this? It's not like I have a thing for Faith. There's nothing for you to be worried about.”

“This is not up for discussion, you either do as I say or its over,” Darla hissed crossing her arms over her chest.

*****************

Buffy had planned on putting some quality time into her appearance for her big night, but after being invited by one very sex bleached blonde, she took even more time.

Buffy had been primping almost the whole day, and Joyce couldn't help the smile that wouldn't leave her face. She was finally let in on the little plan Monday evening by Angel and Spike. She had thought it was a very lovely thing the boys had planned, for both Buffy and Faith.

The day was coming to a close and Angel had just headed out the door to pick up Faith, then return to the house for pictures, because he promised his mom he would. Buffy had heard him leave, and that so didn't help the butterflies in her stomach. She was totally nervous, because this was like a real date, with Spike, and she wanted everything to go off without a hitch.

Touching up her final curl to her head, Buffy turned off her curling iron.

Joyce knocked quickly on the door, cracking it a bit, “Can I come in?”

“Sure, I need help getting into my dress,” Buffy replied getting up from her vanity.

Joyce entered her daughter's room and closed the door behind her.

“So how do you feel?” She questioned walking into the middle of the room, her eyes following Buffy as she retrieved her dress.

“If I said good, would you believe me?” Buffy smiled, removing her dress from its hanger.

“My stomach's all with the flurries, but it's all good,” she continued walking back towards her mother.

Buffy stood in front of her mirror, and slipped into her dress. Joyce walked up behind her daughter and zipped the back of the dress closed. Smoothing down the front Buffy looked herself over. The dress looked better than she remembered, and it played will with her make up.

“You look beautiful sweetie,” Joyce commented, giving Buffy's a quick squeeze.

“Thanks mom,” the younger Summers responded with a grin.

Buffy watched as her mother exited the room, then returned her gaze to her reflection in the mirror. As hard as she tried, she couldn't wipe that stupid, cheesy grin off her face.

Joyce knocked once more before re-entering the room.

“Buffy I want to speak with you quickly before your date arrives.”

Buffy watched as Joyce finished and walked over to her bed with a smile. Sitting down she patted the plush comforter. Wondering what could be on her mom's mind Buffy quickly headed towards her bed, to join her mother.

**********************

Spike was nervous, no more than nervous, he was a giant ball of raw nerves. He was pacing his room, mumbling to himself. He needed for everything to go smoothly for tonight, this was a real date, with Buffy.

Grabbing the pack of cigarettes off the top of his dresser, he lit one with his zippo lighter. Spike took a long, deep drag off the stick, relishing the nicotine. Calming him as it entered into his blood. Spike knew he was acting like a poncy git, but he couldn't help it.

Giles knocked on the door before entering. Taking in his nephew's appearance brought a slight smile to his lips. Spike had so many of his mother's subtle mannerisms, and not to mention those over expressive eyes. If it weren't for the fact that Spike favored his father in looks, Giles would swear that Connie was still with them.

“Are you gonna to stand there all day, or are you gonna help me with this bloody thing?” Spike practically ground out, trying to tie his bow.

Giles walked towards his nephew, smile still firmly in place, as he swatted at the younger man's hands. The two stood in silence as Giles worked the material into its desired shape, giving it a slight tug; making sure it would stay.

“You know it doesn't help to be nervous. You tend to get a bit testy.”

Spike regarded his uncle with a look of false shock before turning away to inspect his work in the mirror. He looked good, not that he was vain or anything, he just could admit it to himself that he was a right fine catch, even if Dru never noticed. Or maybe she had, but always knew he never truly belonged to her. Spike wondered for a moment if Miss Edith relayed to Drusilla what the fairies shared with her from the stars; about him and Buffy?

The tuxedo he wore was all black, except for the deep hot pink vest he wore underneath, accompanied with black dress shoes. Yeah, he looked good.

“'M not nervous, and I don't get testy,” Spike mumbled, turning back around to glare at his uncle, but a smile formed on his face instead.

The sounds of rushing feet could be heard on the stairs, then heavy panting as a long, skinny shadow danced at the frame of Spike's bedroom door. Dawn came hopping into view a few seconds later, digital camera in one hand and a cheesy grin plastered over her face.

“Say cheese, Spike!” She practically shouted raising the camera to her face.

“Hey, you put that down. No pictures!” Spike pointed his finger at Dawn with a glower.

“Awww, come on Spike. Uncle Giles make him take a picture,” Dawn whined, turning pleading eyes to the older man.

“Surly Spike, one photo wouldn't hurt.”

Spike wasn't in the mood for pictures, it was bad enough he promised Joyce she could snap away to her hearts content, but Dawn, a bloke had limits. And there was no way he was going to idly sit by while Dawn's friends went all ga-ga over his image. But one look at his little sister's face, and Spike knew he wasn't getting out of the house without a fight.

Turning, he snatched up his tuxedo jacket and placed it one, buttoning the top button only.

“How do you want this?” Spike questioned waiting for his sister's reply.

“Next to Uncle Giles,” Dawn gestured making a sweeping motion with her hand. “It's not every day a girl gets two handsome men together for pics,” she smirked.

Finished with the pictures and well wishes from Giles, and Dawn, Spike was out the door.

He hopped in the rented limousine and was off to pick up the object of his affection.

***********************

The two limousines arrived at 1630 Revello drive at the same time. Angel was the first to emerge extending his hand to escort Faith out of the open door. Spike exited his own ride clutching a small white box in his arms, walking towards the duo. He ran his eyes over the dress the raven haired beauty picked for the evening, no warm blooded man could dismiss how it clung to every curve the girl had.

Faith had picked out a black halter top styled dress, two thick, sheer straps connected in the back to hold the outfit in place. A black satin belt with bow rested under the curve of her breast, and the dress stopped at her knees, with a 4 inch slit on the left. And to top it off, Faith wore some killer 4 inch silver stiletto heels.

Faith smirked, catching the look the Spike gave her, “Yeah, I know. You don't look to bad there yourself cutie.”

“Hey, and what do I look like chopped liver?” Angel asked with a false pout. He looked down at his tux, black with a white dress shirt, and red vest underneath.

“Nah, you look fine Peaches. All dreamy like for the ladies. Hair has just enough bounce too!” Spike joked.

That seemed to cheer up Angel up as he headed up the steps to his house.

Joyce was standing at the door, ready for when the trio entered, camera in hand. She didn't know Faith that well, but if she was friends with Buffy she was alright in Joyce's book. Plus it gave her a good excuse to snap more pictures.

The small group entered the foyer and were greeted to the flash of the camera.

“You could have given us fair warning mom,” Angel blinked at the tiny white spots that danced before his eyes.

“Oh, where's the fun in that honey?” Joyce turned away from the three to call up the steps.

“Buffy, Spike's here.”

Buffy exited from her room and walked down the hall, stopping just before she came into view. Those butterflies were on the move again, making her feel all fluttery with a bad case of nerves. She took a deep breath, smoothed at some imaged wrinkle on her dress and walked down the stairs.

Joyce smiled as she watched her daughter descend the steps, one by one. She was quite sure Buffy didn't want to fall. Joyce raised her camera and quickly snapped a picture, before turning her gaze towards the gentleman standing next to her. She had to chuckle a bit at the look on his face, and not being able to help herself; Joyce took another picture.

Spike was mesmerized the moment he saw the bottom of Buffy's dress appear on the stairs. As she came into view his face took on a raptured look, as he sucked in a much needed breath.

Buffy stepped down off the last step to stand in front of Spike. God, he looked hot, to coin Cordelia, he was much of the salty goodness.

“Hi,” Buffy's greeting came out in a breathy whisper, not missed by her mom, who couldn't smile harder.

“Hello, cutie,” Spike greeted looking her up and down once more. “Like the dress.”

Just for Spike's reaction alone Buffy was glad she chose the dress she had. It was the same deep pink color as Spike's vest, halter top style like Faith's with a small V neck exposing minimal cleavage instead of a bunch like Faith. Around the V neck was decorated with black embellishment. The dress was floor length, mimicking a mermaid's tail and a black satin accent belt just above her knees.

Buffy ducked her head in a bashful blush before turning to Faith and Angel. “Hey guys!”

“Hey, B, lookin good!” Faith gushed, she really loved that dress. Faith and gushing wasn't something that happened everyday.

“Okay, guys, one more picture and you can be off.”

“Just a minute Joyce,” Spike interrupted her before turning to his date for the evening. Opening the box he removed a small corsage. It was beautiful, with pink roses, and baby's breathe tossed about. Buffy swallowed hard and extended her hand. Riley never did anything remotely as sweet as this, and she found herself fighting back the tears that threatened to spill. Cause, hello, so not wanting to mess up the make-up.

Spike slipped the flower arrangement onto her delicate wrist and smiled.

With out further ado Joyce ushered everyone into a group, and snapping six more photos.

****************************

Okay, that's the end of this chapter. Again I am sorry that I took forever to update, but what can you do when the muse runs out. But please if you liked shower me with your praise,lol. If you didn't like, remember be nice, I'm human too. But you can let me know. Now off to review with you. :::grin:::
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=13412