Sunnydale Forever by Karbear57
Summary: Second in series (Hawaii Forever 1st). 6 years after S6, Spike and Buffy are headed back to Sunnydale to protect the Hellmouth. Will the Scooby gang accept the new Buffy and Spike together?
Categories: General NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 25 Completed: Yes Word count: 52002 Read: 31390 Published: 01/28/2004 Updated: 02/20/2004

1. Airport by Karbear57

2. Touchdown by Karbear57

3. Old Friends, New Enemies by Karbear57

4. Training by Karbear57

5. Uninvited Guests by Karbear57

6. Confrontations by Karbear57

7. Consequences by Karbear57

8. The Plane by Karbear57

9. To be conscious by Karbear57

10. Rejection by Karbear57

11. Breaking point by Karbear57

12. Visitor by Karbear57

13. Mob by Karbear57

14. Sweet Beginnings, Harsh endings by Karbear57

15. Revelations by Karbear57

16. There's something ab out Spike by Karbear57

17. Broken Parts by Karbear57

18. Moving Forward by Karbear57

19. The Scoobies by Karbear57

20. Convinced by Karbear57

21. Love and Tears by Karbear57

22. Underground Palace by Karbear57

23. Moving Forward by Karbear57

24. Communication by Karbear57

25. Quentin and conundrums by Karbear57

Airport by Karbear57
Chapter 1: Airport

Spike and Buffy were sitting in the airport, waiting for their plane to be called. Giles called last week and informed them the latest slayer, Traci, died. Buffy inevitably felt she had to return to Sunnydale to help out during the transition to a new slayer. She had loose ends to tie up, including her club, the Rainforest, so they couldn’t leave right away. She put her friend and co-manager, Sam, in charge of the club. He planned to hire a temporary manager from the same firm that handled her hotel to help him with paperwork and financial areas. She closed up her house, making sure Sam would come by once a week to make sure everything is secure.

So there they were, sitting in the airport terminal lost in thought.

Spike couldn’t believe the last two weeks. First he heard Buffy was dead – his grief over whelming him. Then Bam! He found out she was alive and living the “normal life” she had craved. Dawn convinced him to head to Hawaii to visit Buffy. Unbeknownst to him, Buffy actually came to grips with her feelings about the blond vampire a long time ago and truly loved him. They spent the past week talking their issues out. At first, they talked about what happened in the past, but now they were talking about their present and future. Spike agreed that it made sense to live in Hawaii because of the club and hotel. She would be able to keep an eye on her holdings, plus she owned the beach house. The nights (the time between dusk and dawn) were long enough for Spike, plus he had Buffy to keep his time occupied. They went to the ‘Forest most nights so she could finish some outstanding paperwork. He quickly became addicted to their Spicy Buffalo Wings and Nachos. Buffy always had a hard time pulling him away from his tasty appetizers when she was done with her work. They made love every chance they got. Spike would often wake her up with a slow seduction: nibbling on her toes, nuzzling her breasts, massaging the tired muscles in her back. He always knew how to touch her just right to make her feel that special feeling only he can create… LOVE. She actually told him, many times and in many ways, that she loved him. She was falling in love with him. Spike was grinning from ear to ear with the thought that she loved him.

“What are you smiling at, my Big Bad?” She emphasized her term of endearment for him.

“Say it again?” He questioned rather than demanded.

“You are going to get sick of hearing it, baby.” She put her head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around hers.

“Say it again. Never be sick of hearing it.” She nuzzled closer.

“I love you….” She sat up and kissed his nose. “I love you.” She moved to kiss his right eye. “I love you.” Kissing his left eye and whispered, “I’m in love with you.” She finally locked her lips to his. He moved to deepen the kiss, exploring her mouth with his tongue. There was an announcement over the PA, but they didn’t pay attention. This was what it is all about. Loving someone and them loving you back.

“Um, miss?” There was someone standing in front of them. “Sir? Are you two on the flight to Los Angeles?” The nod slowly, desire clouding their minds. “They just started to board; you might want to go, too.”

Buffy moved away from Spike, smiled, and mumbled a ‘Thank you.’ They got up and carried their carry on luggage to the gate. Buffy handed the tickets that Spike arranged for over to the flight attendant. They walked hand in hand down the tunnel to the plane, each contemplating their return to Sunnydale. In her mind she chanted: “No matter what anyone thinks, we are together.” In his mind he chanted: “She loves me and the rest can bugger off.” The flight attendant on the plane directed the two towards the front. Spike bought first class tickets. The cabin seemed roomy. Only two very large seats per row and none of them were filled. They took their seats in the middle and arranged their bodies comfortably next to each other. He wound his arm around her shoulders, bringing her closer as the flight crews prepared for take off. It seemed no one else had first class tickets they were all alone. “Hmm, seems we have this big cabin all to ourselves.”

“That’s right, kitten. All to ourselves. Wonder what we can do to pass the time?” He raised his eyebrow and twisted his tongue over his front teeth.

“Spike, what did you do?” Buffy caught on to the guilty pleasures look in his eye as the plane started to taxi down the runway.

“Nothing, pet, just bought all the seats, is all.” He shrugged trying to cuddle deeper.

“Spike! You can’t afford that! And you better not have stuck it on my back account!” She scooted away and swatted at his shoulder.

“Relax, kitten. I CAN afford it, by the way. Thanks for the vote of confidence.” He grumbled.

“What? You mean you are… wait… how about all those times you made us pay you to help?” She shrunk back from his embrace.

“Hello, evil here and plus don’t get rich by spending your own money? Anyway how could I explain helping the slayer if she wasn’t paying me?” Spike tried to bring her back into his embrace. He loved fighting with Buffy, they had so much passion, but he even loved it more when she was snuggled up beside him while arguing.

“Oh, pish posh, you are not evil!” She slapped his chest, trying to act angry. The plane started its lift off.

“That’s not what you said last night.” He raised his eyebrow and ran his tongue across his teeth. “Or don’t you remember calling me evil when …”

“Don’t finish that sentence, Spike, or you wont ever get to do it again.” In truth, Buffy did love what he did last night.

“Oh come on now, luv. You loved it. Admit it and don’t threaten to take it away unless you really mean it.” She settled back in his arms. They sat together in this loving embrace for a couple minutes until the plane stopped climbing.

“Yeah, I do.” She whispered. If it wasn’t for Spike’s enhanced hearing he might not have heard her.

“You do what, kitten?” He wanted here to say it.

“Oh God, Spike. I like what you do to me, OK? Are you happy?” Spike raised his eyebrow again. “Oh you are going to make me say it?” He nodded. “Talk dirty to you?” He grinned like a Cheshire cat. “Fine, have it your way. I love it when you stick your big hunken’ man meat in my quivering quim. I like that you give me many orgasms. Happy? Ugg, God, I sound like Ayna.”

“You make it sound so crass, slayer.” He really was proud of her public indecent words. It may have sounded like Anya’s orgasm talk, but it was a turn on.

“Geeze, Spike you said worse last night about my ass.”

“Nah, pet, I didn’t, I don’t remember.”

“Nut uh, you said you loved my ass and its orifice. I remember.”

“Yeah, OK, I might have, but you like when I talk dirty, don’t ya?” The flight attendant came in to check on them. Spike ordered his preferred drink of straight Jack Daniels and Buffy just asked for water. After the attendant brought their drinks and left, Buffy turned towards Spike.

“Yeah, I do. You say the most awesome things. Like when you suggested I bend backwards when riding you that was amazing. And you said you could see my breasts bounce and my muscles in my torso clench right before I came.”

“Oh, yeah, baby. Give me more.” Spike rubbed his member through his jeans.

“Ohh, and then in the shower, pressed up against the tile with the soap. That was fun.” Buffy loved teasing him. They were in a public place; he couldn’t do anything to her.

“Pet, how about you and me join the mile high club?” Spike had an idea.

“Ewwe, no Spike!” She slapped his shoulder.

“Awe, it would be a shame to waste all these seats and I did specify that if we wanted to be alone, the crew would abide by it.”

“Spike, you planned this? Ohh, buddy… you are going to get it... wait… no, you aren’t going to get it. Nope, never gonna to get it, never get it,” she sang the last part.

“Oi, pet. Where is my little adventurous sex kitten that jumps my bones any time she can get?” He unbuttoned his jeans, giving his hard shaft so room.

“Spike, put it away, someone might see.” She whispered.

“Aw, come on, baby, Mr. Big Bad down here needs some good around it or he will turn very baaaad.” He coaxed. This was a game they invented in Hawaii. One night after Dawn left to go back to California, Buffy was sitting in her home office when Spike walked in naked from waist up. His black jeans hung low on his hips as he stalked his prey. She looked up as he entered and realized that he was on the prowl. She waited until he made his way to the side of her desk, slowly making his way to her. She jumped up and ran the other way, around her desk and out into the great room. Spike was not far behind her as she darted into the dining room. He lunged towards her svelte body, “Come on, kitten. Be a good girl and come back here.” She squealed and ran towards the kitchen. Spike tripped over a chair that was not pushed all the way in and fell to the ground. Buffy took the time he was down, to take off her shirt and throw it his way. He grabbed the offending garment and got up. The chase was back on. He chased her out onto the deck and back inside as he tried to catch his prey. She rounded the couch as he jumped over it, blocking her way. He flashed a toothy grin at her, “Come on baby, just want some good wrapped around me.”

She flashed an equal grin towards him and took off in the opposite direction. “You are evil!” He took off after her as she ran back into the kitchen. She ran back into the dining room, headed for the great room when a big mass of muscles blocked her way. He decided to go straight into the great room instead of her path through the kitchen and dining room. He held his arms out, ready to catch her. Buffy twisted, ducked, and rolled on the floor as Spike tried to grab her lithe body. Getting past him, she ran back into the living room. It took a moment for Spike to realize she evaded his grasp again. Spike shook his head clear and headed into the living room after her. Suddenly he tripped. Glancing while he started to fall, he saw a very deliciously unclothed Buffy standing behind the couch. She must have divested herself of her pants while he was confused earlier. Spike fell hard on the floor and he heard and felt one of his ribs crack. He struggled to sit up with his injured rib that was already mending. Suddenly Buffy was sitting in front of his prone body. “Oh, baby, I’m sorry. I didn’t think…” The rest of her sentence was cut off as he grabbed her and hauled her to his body. His mouth swooped down to capture her lips. He ground his erection into her bottom and he nibbled at her chin. Her hands made their way around his neck, playing with the short hair there.

Breaking free of their passionate kissing, Spike whispered in her ear, “Now… I need some good wrapped around me, now!” His demand was met with much fervor as Buffy turned her body so it straddled his hips. He plunged his tongue back into her mouth as he unbuttoned his jeans, freeing his erection. “I’m bad, baby… so bad. Wrap some good around me…. Make me good, baby.” He gasped between kisses and nips along her jaw. Suddenly she was on him, pushing her thong aside and guiding him into her warm, good, depths. He thrust up as she thrust down, engaging in a timeless rhythm.

“Spike, I said NO. If you are good little vamp, I’ll play that with you when we get to the hotel.” Buffy pleaded. She could just imagine the friendly flight attendant catching her licking Spike’s cock like he was a lollypop. She started to blush.

“I do believe my baby is blushing. What ever could she be thinking? Maybe my kitten is thinking up a new game?” She blushed some more. “How about the naughty pilot and friendly flight attendant? Sounds like a good old time to me.”

“Spike, please, she can be back any moment.” Again with the logic ruining his fun. She peered over the seats, making sure no one was approaching.

“Only if you promise me that once we get into the hotel you will have fun with Mr. Big Bad.”

“How did you ever come up with that name?” He started to put his pants back on right.

“Aw, pet, I told you, I’ve always been the Big Bad. What did you think I meant?” He wrapped his arm around her once more and she snuggled deeper into his embrace.

“That you were very full of yourself… but I guess that’s me… huh?” She was back to flirting.

“Uh uh, kitten… you can’t tease me that way if you don’t want me to act on it.” He scolded.

“Fine, , I’m tired. Wake me when we are close?” He nodded and she snuggled closer. This past week flew by her. Between the plans to get a manager to help Sam out, fix the house so no nasty storms try to tear it down, and spending countless but enjoyable hours with Spike she barely had time to think.

He truly was amazing. He offered to move permanently down to Hawaii, even offering to get a legitimate place of his own. Buffy didn’t like that idea. They had spent the last 6 years away from each other. She didn’t want another minute to go by. They spent many hours walking on the beach, lounging on her deck, and cuddling in bed while they talk about whatever silly thing they had in their mind. He told her about the different cities and towns he stumbled into while he was away. They started a very comfortable, yet exciting relationship.
Touchdown by Karbear57
Chapter 2: Touchdown

Dawn was waiting for the two lovers to get off the plane. She had to drive all the way up to LA to get them. A demon gang attacked the Sunnydale Airport during the week, tearing up the tarmac, and no planes could land or take off. Of course the official story was a bunch of teenagers on crack. Dawn was happy for Spike and Buffy. After all they have been through the happiness they give each other seemed very appropriate. She watched as the duo exited the plane. Spike had his arm flung around her neck and whispering something in her ear. She burst out laughing and shook her head. They looked happy indeed.

Dawn waved them over. Spike let go of Buffy and hugged the young lady. “Thank you, Bit. Never thought I would feel this way, but… it’s all because of you,” Spike whispered as he held her close. He let go and blinked the tears in his eyes away. “Shall we ladies? I believe we have a long drive in front of us.” The girls took his offered arms and the strolled to the baggage claim like they had no cares in the world.

~*~*~*~

Dawn dropped Buffy and Spike off at the closest hotel, the Radisson, to the house on Revello. Both of the travelers were quite tired and anxious to rest during the day. Actually, one of the travelers was anxious to get the other traveler alone. Buffy walked into the room and blindly headed for the bed. She stumbled over and collapsed. “God, I’m so tired, Spike. Want to sleep all day.”

Spike loomed above her, grinning at the prone body of his beloved. She in fact looked exhausted. The past week had finally caught up to her. He put their bags down and started to unpack while she took a quick nap. Spike thought: let her rest a bit and then have his wicked way with her.

“Baby, time to wake up and play.” He tickled her arms, trying to wake her up. She didn’t budge. He took her shoes and socks. He moved slowly, as not to wake her, to unbutton her jeans and strip them off her. “Wakey, wakey, luv. There’s a Big Bad out here that needs your attention.” Spike cooed in her ear. He knew she was awake, but pretending to sleep. Her heartbeat sped up and her breathing became ragged. “Come on, kitten, I know you are awake. Baby, please, you promised. I was a good boy on the plane.” Spike started to run his fingers across her thigh in a tantalizing maze. “Come on baby, don’t make me spank you. Of course, I wouldn’t mind that. OK, you talked me into it, or not talked me into it.” He shifted to move her body so he could spank her, but she opened her eyes at the last moment.

“Spike, come here, baby.” She wrapped her arms around his neck and nuzzled his ear, trying to get him to disregard his threat.

“Nut uh, kitten… you were naughty and now it’s time to be punished.” He had a wicked gleam to his eye.

“Ok, baby, if you insist. But just be warned, if you decide to punish me that way, the shirt stays on.” He frowned at that statement. “I much rather be punished a different way.” She fluttered her eyelashes at him.

“And how is that, honey?” He finally turned her over on top of him. His hands were inches away from her ass, just begging for a little slap. He caressed her bare skin like it was the most precious thing in the world.

“Hmmm, since I did promise you a very special treat as soon as we were in the room, if you were good, I guess my punishment is to give you two special treats. That sounds fair?”

Spike grinned, “And what special treat were you thinking of, my dear?”

“You sound like the big bad wolf when you said that.” She slapped his shoulder playfully. He vamped letting his demon face come forth. “Ohhh, baby.” She ground down on his erection. “What yellow eyes you have.”

“All the better to see you with, my dear.” He raised his eyebrow and groaned to imitate her earlier movement.

“Oh, what big ears you have!” She brought her finger to play with his right ear lobe.

“All the better to hear you with, my dear.” He flashed her his fangy smile. Time for the piece de resistance!

“Ohh, what big teeth you have!”

“Better to EAT with you, my dear.” He dove down to her neck and started to nuzzle it. He moved his hands to grab the wisp of fabric she called underwear and yanked it, ripping the sides.

“Spike! That’s the fourth pair you’ve ruined!” She sat up, straddling his chest.

“Then stop wearing them, luv. It would be easier for both of us if you would just let me have access to it at all times. Now where were we, Oh yeah,” he bucked up and switched positions with her. “I was about to eat you.” His face changed back to human form. His hands held her waist still as he made his way down to the juncture of her thighs. “My dear, let me in so I can eat you all up. Don’t make me huff and puff.”

“Nut uh. Wrong fairy tale, anyways Mr. Big Bad Wolf isn’t going to gobble me all up. He has a special treat coming to him.” She clamped her legs shut.

“Oh baby, trust me, he wants this treat. Let him in so he can collect his treasure.” She relaxed her leg muscles so he could spread her legs around his head. He nuzzled the sweet soft skin surrounding his treasure. He breathed in, reveling in her sweet, intoxicating arousal. He took another deep unnecessary breath and lightly flicked her lips apart. Her body instinctively opened up for him as he plunged his face down. He took care of the outer skin as much as he took notice of the inner, more sensitive skin. He moved his nose up to bump her aching clit as he plundered her inner beauty. This was the time that Spike knew he had Buffy’s full surrender.

Several hours later, Spike laid back on the bed resting his head against the headboard, finally sated. Buffy was still lying face down crossways on the bed. She didn’t have any energy to right herself after Spike took his two special treats and then five more. Spike claimed that because he didn’t ‘release his sexy seed’ all those times for her, didn’t count as his treat. He really was a greedy guy when it came to it. Next time she will have to be more specific when promising him bedroom games. “Uh, Spike?” She whined from the foot of the bed, still unable to get her limbs to cooperate with her brain.

“Rest, pet. We gotta go visit the watcher tonight.” He reached for his fags and lit one.

“Spike…” She whined again, raising her arm two inches from the bed and flopping it down.

“Yeah, kitten?” He dangled the lit cigarette from his mouth and walked over to where she was laying.

“Can’t move… please?” She moved her head to face his as he stooped down in front of her. Spike smiled and nodded. He pushed her body over onto her back and picked her up. He arranged her under the covers and walked back to his side of the bed to sit down. She instinctively scooted her body closer to cuddle.

“Thought you couldn’t move, pet?” He raised his eyebrow.

“Can’t,” She raised her arm again and it promptly fell to the bed. “See? But technically that wasn’t moving it was scooting.” She giggled as he growled at her.

“Sleep, pet. I’m not finished with you.”

He let her rest most of the day, snuggled up close to him. He spent his time reading, watching TV, and watching her as she slept. She made the cutest little noises as she dreamt. Finally as the sun started to set, he woke her up to get cleaned up.
Old Friends, New Enemies by Karbear57
Chapter 3: Old Friends, New Enemies

Spike and Buffy finally made it over to Giles’ apartment, an hour later than they planned. Buffy tentatively knocked on Giles’ front door. It opened to reveal an unexpected older and ugly man. “Quentin.”

“Miss Summers,” the older man stepped aside to let her into the apartment.

“Where is Giles?” She turned around to face the man still standing at the door, blocking Spike’s entrance. He was not very tall and very pudgy. The years have not been kind to this man.

“Went on an errand. Please sit.” He gestured to the couch in the living room.

“Uh, pet?” Spike spoke up. He wasn’t sure if Giles revoked his invitation to his place, but he didn’t want to try. Spike always had a fear of rejection.

“Yeah, honey? Oh, yeah. You can come in.”

“Miss Summers, I am afraid, it doesn’t work that way.” Quentin Travers sneered. The creepy man smiled at the slayer as he stood in the doorway.

“Whatever,” she waved off the man as if he was nothing but a fly on the wall. “Giles told me he could come in, no new invitation needed.” Spike stepped in slowly, realizing Buffy was right. He stepped around the man Buffy obviously hated and curled his tongue around his front teeth and snickered.

“So, when did you say Giles would be back?” Buffy sat down on the couch. Spike came to stand between Quentin and her. He didn’t like the condescending tone he used towards Buffy.

“Momentarily, I was hoping we would have a little chat before he came back.” The man came around the couch and sat in a chair next to Buffy. Spike stood behind her, watching the man, like he was guarding a princess, his princess.

“About what, Quentin? Got another ubervamp to attack me while I am defenseless? Or another inquisition about my abilities?”

“Tsk, Tsk. Miss Summers, it still is Miss Summers?” He looked up at the vampire guarding the slayer. “You still have the attitude. Time hasn’t changed you all that much, has it? Now, I have been hearing rumors.”

“Really?” She looked at her nails, bored out of her mind. Quentin always droned on about protocol and such, she knew what he was getting at. The Council always put their noses in where they didn’t belong.

“Certainly, my dear.” Spike wanted to growl at the repulsive man and snap his neck. His blood wasn’t good enough to drink. “I’ve heard many interesting things about you. Care to guess what those may be?”

“Quentin, seriously… you have got to stop. Whatever I choose to do is none of your business.” Buffy wasn’t going to take the strong-arm tactics Quentin always used.

“See, I see things differently. You are the slayer. I am the head of the Council. Therefore you are my business.” His lips were turned up in a sadistic smile.

Buffy had the perfect speech for him; she practiced it almost everyday after she left Sunnydale. “No, when I died that first time, our business was over.” She pointed at the man in the chair. “Then Kendra was called. She was your business. I just stayed on because I thought it was what I was supposed to do.” She moved her arms around her body, motioning to the town of Sunnydale. “Then good ole Faith came. Still I stayed on and we slew together. A perfect team. Then oops!” She moved her hand over her mouth. “Your new slayer decided she liked being bad and I ended up being the Slayer again.” She looked up towards Spike, making sure he was behaving himself and not ready to attack Quentin. “For years after that, I stayed to slay. You fired Giles because he acted more like a father than a watcher. Well news to you, he is my dad. The only one I ever had. My biological father never would have stuck around like he did. In fact he didn’t. I needed Giles and you just kicked him out.” She shook her head as her volume grew. “You gave me a clueless watcher that had no field experience. Then you had the nerve not to help me save Angel, the one person that made it all worthwhile. And on top of that I quit your Council. But did I shirk my duties? No, I stayed put and slew the demons, the vampires, the ghosts. Every night. Every vacation I didn’t take. Every minute I lost sleep. Every wound I had. Even when Glory came to be and you wouldn’t tell me the information you knew about her. I stayed put to do what I thought was my duty. But you know what?” He shook his head. Buffy definitely hadn’t changed; she was a stubborn as ever. “My duty was over the minute I stopped breathing. The minute my heart stopped beating. The minute the next slayer was called. All those years I wasted. For you. For your Council. Not anymore. What I do, who I am, what I am interested in is not your business.” She dropped her voice dangerously low as the front door opened revealing Giles. “Do we have an understanding?”

Giles looked into his apartment to see Quentin’s pale white face. He overheard Buffy’s speech and was very proud. She never did like Quentin or the Council, but this took the cake. She was kicking them out of her life, once and for all.

“No, we do not, Madam. Just because you think sleeping with a vampire is all right, doesn’t mean it is.” Spike snarled at the man as he started to berate his love. Quentin looked up, but ignored the dangerous vampire. “It is my business that you left here to follow whatever dream you were. The powers we gave you were not a gift; they are a responsibility that you have over looked way to long.” Giles and Spike simultaneously moved towards Quentin but Buffy held her hand up for them to stop.

“Look, Quentin, I am not playing your little game. You may think you know what is going on, but you have no idea. Yes, the powers I have also give me a responsibility, but you did not give them to me. You have no control over who is called, so get off your high horse.” She got up to great Giles. She knew he was listening at the door and when he came in, but she didn’t want to move her attention away from the repulsive man sitting in the chair. They hugged and she let go looking in his eyes conveying a silent message. She turned back around to face Quentin. “Like I said, my obligation to you was over the minute I drowned at the master’s hands. You have had your slayers over the years to replace me. I am here only to protect the hellmouth until we can train the next slayer. I am not here to work for the council, I am not here as the slayer, and I am not here on your behalf. The sooner you understand that, the better. I will not put up with your bullshit. I will not abide your mocking my relationship with anyone. Man, woman, child, or demon. My personal life is none of your concern and if I find out you are trying to make it your concern, I will not be happy.” She turned away again to sit on the couch, this time motioning for Spike to sit next to her. “So, Quentin what brings a yellowbellied chickenshit (the word combination has become a noun.) like you to the big bad woods of Sunnydale?”

“Excuse me, Miss Summer, I can be any where, any time I want.”

“Yes, but you don’t usually put yourself in danger. Always throw your weight around and then leave before the consequences can be felt.”

“It doesn’t matter why I am here, girl. You are going to work under me and that is it.”

“Is that so?” Buffy got up from the couch and walked over to Giles. “Sorry, Giles. You know where to find me.” Spike got up and walked to the door and held it open for her. The nerve of the man to suggest he was going to tell her what to do. “What a fucking prick!” He walked beside her in silence. He kept himself in control long enough to see that Buffy could stand her ground. She didn’t even flinch. If it was possible, he loved her more than ever. Her inner strength now equals her outer strength.

“Hungry, pet?” He wrapped his arm around her shoulders when she nodded. “Not many choices here, but what about the Bronze? Got those spicy Buffalo wings... not as good as yours, but they could do.”

“Nay, I want to go some place quiet. I kinda don’t want to run into anyone I know, baby.” She shivered despite the warm weather. “I can’t believe Giles didn’t tell me Quentin would be slithering around. He makes me so mad.” Spike wrapped his arm around her tighter and she snuggled deep into his embrace. “I never thought I would hate someone as much as I hate him. I don’t even think my hate for Glory comes even close to that man. What nerve!” She was practically screaming with emotion as they walked down the road. “Him to think he can tell me what to do and not do. Grrr, he makes me so angry.”

“Do we need to go find something to kill?” Spike remembered when she got frustrated a good hunt and kill made her feel better.

“Oh, Spike, I’m sorry. He just makes me mad! I can deal with constructive criticism, but he doesn’t even know the definition.”

“Pet, maybe you should go visit the Scoobies. I’ll wait for you back at the room.” He shrugged. Maybe it wasn’t a good idea to show up together, in the together sense.

“What? No. Scratch that. Hell no! We are together. No meeting in secret, OK?” She stopped walking and grabbed his arm. “I really can’t care less what they think of us together. I’ve spent too much time worrying about others not to live my life in happiness. I am not slaying either. This is the Council’s problem and until they, including that prick Quentin, respect me as a woman and slayer, they can forget it. I’ll make sure the world isn’t going to end, but that’s it.”

“Gonna make them beg, baby?” He wound his hands around her waist and brought his hips towards her so she could feel his erection. “Gonna make me beg?” He licked his lips at her nod.

“Hmmm, make you beg? Sounds good. Let’s eat first?” He nodded and stepped away. She wasn’t going to patrol to kill something, but she was going to work her energy out back at the hotel. Spike was flying high.

a/n: Feedback is appreciated
Training by Karbear57
Chapter 4: Training

Buffy and Spike were resting in their hotel room when the call came in. It’s been three days since they arrived in Sunnydale. It’s been two days since they walked out of Giles’ apartment, away from Quentin Travers. It’s been one day since they told the Giles and the Scoobies that they were here to prevent apocalypses and nothing more until the Council can respect Buffy and any of the slayers. It’s been less than two hours since they passed out exhausted from their last round of lovemaking.

They spent the days making love in their rented room and nights hanging out with Dawn and her friends. The Scoobies hadn’t tried to make a connection since the first night with Quentin. Buffy was disappointed, but Giles knew that she would not be doing anything while Quentin was in the picture.

The call came from straight from Giles. The new slayer arrived and was ready for training. Giles asked for them to come to the Magic Box’s training room after the sun set. Quentin has left town for parts unknown. Spike was content to stay in the room and let the Watcher earn his living, but Buffy insisted that they go meet the new slayer. If the new slayer was going to survive, she must know that there is another one beating the odds and enjoying life.

They walked into the dark, deserted shop together just like old times, except this time, they were holding hands. Spike led the way to the back training room because he could see better in the dark. He held the door open for his slayer as she stepped through. Standing in the room in various poses were Giles, Willow, Xander, and a very scared little girl. Willow was the first to notice the in coming guests. She put down a book she was reading and headed over to the new couple.

“Hey, you two. How are you doing?” She said nervously as she hugged Buffy.

“Great, Wills. Hey everyone?” She addressed the rest of the group. Xander eyed Spike warily, not sure how to act around the dangerous vampire. Xander never truly forgave the liaison between his wife and Spike all those years ago. Giles turned around from trying to train the new slayer. The new slayer shrunk her body as much as she could, not knowing what was going on.

Giles was the next to walk over to the couple and hugged his surrogate daughter and shook Spike’s hand vigorously. “Glad you could make it. Buffy, there is someone I want you to meet. Buffy this is Katerina, the new slayer. Katerina this is Buffy.” Buffy stepped towards the young girl, extending her hand.

“Hi, Katerina. Guess this is all new to you?” The young girl nodded. “Yeah, it was a little overwhelming at first to me too.” The little girl gasped at the realization that this was a sister in arms. “How old are you?”

“Sixteen, ma’am.” She mumbled looking at the group of people staring at her. Ever since she arrived in this town, they were staring at her or telling her to do this or that. Frankly, the old man scared her. He kept taking off his glasses and wiping them whenever he got upset.

“Hmmm, I was fifteen when I was called. I think I understand how you are feeling and please call me Buffy, I am not a ma’am, yet.” Spike snorted at that and Buffy glared at him. “When did you find out?” Buffy sat down on an old couch, patting the seat next to her for the new girl. Katerina slowly stepped forward to sit down. She liked Buffy. She wasn’t demanding that Katerina try to punch, kick, or break anything.

“Three days ago, a man came to my home and told me that I was… was… a Vampire Slayer.” She started to sob. Buffy gently wrapped her arm around the young girl, trying to give her some solace.

Buffy looked up at the group in the room. “Guys, could you please give us a couple minutes. I need to talk to Katerina.” Everyone started to leave the room, heading back into the dark shop. “Spike, could you stay, please?” She whispered loud enough for everyone to hear, but not quite in a normal tone. He stayed back in the shadows, watching the two slayers. His slayer was comforting the younger one. “Do you know what that means?” Buffy asked Katerina when she finally relaxed a little. Katerna finally sat upright and shook her head. “Well, you have been given a gift of super power and with that power a great responsibility to protect the world and the humans on it. Before I was called, I didn’t believe in demons and vampires, but I found out quickly there are lots of evil things that lurk in the night. And some that lurk in the day.” Buffy looked towards Spike and winked at him. “Have you ever seen a vampire, Katerina?” Again, Katerina shook her head. Spike came out of the shadows and headed over to the couch. He kept his eyes on Katerina and Buffy as he neared. “Katerina, do you feel anything?” A slight nod. “That is what I call my spidey sense. It alerts you when there is a vampire near. As you get older and learn your powers, you will get used to it.” Katerina realized that the figure coming closer was in fact a vampire and she shrunk back. “Don’t worry, Katerina. This is Spike, he won’t bite you.” Spike sat on the other side of Buffy on the floor and vamped out. He kept his eyes on the new slayer, excited at the prospect of teaching her the lay of the land, more excited than even when he got to teach new vampires. “Spike is my… um… what are you Spike? More than a boyfriend?” Buffy suddenly got confused. The past weeks, Buffy didn’t think much about putting a name to what they had, but when introducing him to Katerina, she was grasping at a word.

“Mate, luv. You are my mate. I guess you would call me your significant other, whatever.” Spike spoke softly, prying his eyes from Katerina to Buffy. She smiled lovingly down at him and stroked his head.

“OK, he is my significant other.” She winked at him again. “He is a very dangerous vampire named Spike or William the Bloody. He has killed two slayers in his time.” She turned her attention back to Katerina.

“And loves one very much.” Spike interjected.

“Yes, well. Loves one very much. Anyways. The story of Spike and Buffy in Sunnydale because I want you to understand things aren’t always black and white, like the Watcher’s Council wants you to think. When we met, we were definitely mortal enemies. He was a vampire and I was the slayer. Understand? Following some circumstance that I really don’t want to go into, we struck a tentative truce. He left, came back, threatened me and my friends, left, came back, and threatened some more. You know the basics. I can see you want to ask why I never killed him and visa versa. I ask myself that same question.” She glanced over at Spike again; he was in normal human face. “I do know that I tried, many times and so did he, but it never was done. Anyways, on to the good part. There was a secret military group here that was studying the psychology of demonology. Basically they were doing experiments like what Pavlov did with his dogs. Spike came back to hurt me and got captured. Blah, blah, blah. Experiment here, surgery there, and they put an experimental microchip into his brain that stopped him from harming living things. In theory, every time the part of his brain that thought of violence to a living thing, the chip would pick it up and give him a headache. That about covers that, baby?” He nodded in consent, wincing at the memories. “So anyways, for all intents and purposes Spike could not bite or feed. The vampire community all but shunned him so he came to me and my friends for help. Knowing that we were do-gooders and would try to help him once we believed him. After a while, he figured out he could harm non-living things, like demons and vampires… he just couldn’t harm humans. So he began to work for us, we paid him, and he got his violence fix. Eventually, that relationship morphed and we stopped paying him. We became reluctant allies and friends. Now, a bunch of other things happened that I don’t want to go into right now, but we ended up having a really unhealthy and bad intimate relationship, if you get what I mean. So anyways, it ended badly. Both of us were so messed up in the head about the other. It ended. He left. A couple years later, I left. We worked through our issues. A couple weeks ago, Spike found me. We worked on it some more, and viola!! We are together.” She took Spike’s hand in her own. “Now, I know my friends in the other room do not agree with our relationship. In fact, I am sure you already have heard quite enough, but what I want you to know is that what happens between me and Spike is none of their business. Our relationship feels right to us and makes us both happy now. It doesn’t matter what outside forces try to make us bend towards, we are who we are. The same is true with you. What ever you find in this life that makes you happy, go for it. Others do not understand the duty you are faced with and what little joy you can hold onto is good.” Katerina smiled. This woman sitting next to her bypassed all the odds and now is in a relationship with her enemy.

“So, so you st-still have a microchip?” The girl whispered, still not sure how she should act.

“Nah, little slayer. That was one of my issues that I had to work on.” He smirked at the delicate wording Buffy chose. “Oh, and little one, don’t be afraid to ask me anything, the more you find out about your enemy the better,” he winked at her as she blushed.

“I don’t understand my enemy?”

Buffy took the reigns of the conversation again. “See, even though Spike won’t hurt you, there are other vampires out there that will, without a second thought. Actually, I can only think of two vampires that would not purposefully hurt you. Spike is one, the other one is Angel, but both are still dangerous. Their nature is just like ours: kill or be killed. I don’t recommend following in my footsteps, but I want you to know that options are out there. No one has the right to try to dictate your life. I let the Watcher’s Council and friends do that way to long, and it destroyed me. I had nothing left. I don’t want to see that happen to you. OK?” Katerina nodded. “Good, now… let’s get you ready for your duty.” The rest of the night was spent in the training room, teaching Katerina some basic fighting moves. Giles stuck around to help, but the rest of the Scoobies left to go home. Katerina picked the moves up easily enough, and was very glad someone else understood the pressure suddenly thrust upon her. She watched the two lovers interact with each other. At the moment, they were demonstrating a strangle hold for her. Spike was holding Buffy’s neck, careful not to put too much pressure on it. She was trying to get away from it. Giles was sitting on the couch, reading some demon book. Katerina watched the two in their mock battle, for her benefit. Buffy threw her leg back and connected with Spike’s leg. He howled in pain as his grip loosened. She flipped him back and easily extricated herself from his neck grip. Katerina stopped watching them and was studying a silver sword on the wall near her position. Her leg flew up towards his chest and connected. His body flew back to collide with the wall. Buffy advanced, like a tiger hunting, and grabbed his shirt to throw him down so she could finish the fight. Spike shook his head clear from the impact and watched as his love came towards him. He feigned confusion as she neared. Buffy was within striking distance and she pounced on her prey. Her arms were outstretched, trying to get purchase. She kicked her legs forward to collide with his. Spike grabbed her waist easily and spun so Buffy was trapped between him and the wall. Before she knew what was happening, Spike’s face changed and swept down to her throat. He arms and legs still flailing, Spike nuzzled the soft skin between her neck and shoulder and whispered, “I won, what is my prize?” Buffy pushed her arms and legs against his hard body to no avail. He pushed her flatter against the wall and nuzzled her neck again, purring. Spike ground his hips into hers as his cock grew with anticipation. She smiled coyly and bucked her hips closer to his, causing him to hiss. “What’s my prize, pet?” He slowly massaged the flesh on her hips as they undulate with desire.

“What do you want?” Her eyes glazed over in desire. This was a new version of an old game. His game face slipped away as he continued to nuzzle her face. His grip tightened a bit and then relaxed. He looked around at the watcher and new slayer, both not paying a bit of attention to the two warriors. Buffy used the distraction to propel him away from her. Spike stumbled back and fell on the floor. Buffy leaped up and landed and his upper stomach, straddling his body. She securely pinned down his arms and loomed over his head. He looked up at the tiny, yet strong; nymph perched right in front of him. He glared at her as he took an unnecessary breath. The smell of her arousal, so near yet so far away, assaulted his senses, his cock and teeth elongating as he stared into her lust filled eyes. “Looks like you spoke too soon, sweetheart. I win.” She punctuated her statement with a twist of her hips, grinding her sex into his chest. Giles looked up at the pair and immediately looked away. Katerina got up and headed over to the pair on the floor.

“Ok, you beat him, can I go now?” She was tired and crabby. It was fun to learn the self-defense moves at first, but now she was just sitting on the sidelines. She had watched the two spar for over an hour and was bored.

“Yeah, sure. I think that would be of the good. Rest, yeah, definitely of the good.” Buffy got up from Spike, noticing his pout from the loss of warm body on top of his. Buffy helped Spike up and he turned away from her. He adjusted his package in his pants carefully so he could walk with out too much pain. He turned around to the two slayers with his rakish grin on his face and winked at Buffy. Buffy realized his problem and didn’t want to corrupt the younger slayer. She directed Katerina’s attention away from Spike as he got his state under control. “Where are you staying? We can drop you off.” Spike and Buffy rented a car the previous day so they wouldn’t have to rely on Dawn or the others to get around.
Uninvited Guests by Karbear57
Chapter 5: Uninvited Visitors

Spike and Buffy made it back to the hotel room right before the sun rose. After they dropped off Katerina and Giles off at their respective places of residence, they drove past the house on Revello in hopes that Dawn was still awake. Dawn’s window was illuminated, indicating she was up late. Spike and Buffy crept along the edge of the property, trying to make as little noise as possible. Spike helped Buffy climb the trellis outside of Dawn’s window and he carefully followed. They carefully peeked in, spying on the studious woman. She was lying crossways on her bed, facing away from the open window. Buffy put her hand over her mouth, stifling a giggle as Spike eyed her warily. Dawn was listening to something on a portable CD player with headphones. Her legs were kicking up and down with the beat of the music. Spike silently climbed through the window. He reached back out to help Buffy climb through. Her eyes were full of glee as her sister’s head bounced to and fro. Spike got behind Dawn on one side and Buffy on the other. Silently he counted to three and they pounced on her bed, reaching out to tickle. “Iiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!” Dawn jumped up in the air as the two started to giggle with mirth, collapsing on her bed. She scrambled away from their hands. She reached under the bed bringing up a long dagger, pointing it at the two assailants. She ran to the other side of the room before turning around to confront her attackers. Dawn whipped around to stare back at the collapsed couple. Realizing that they had just pranked her, she threw the dagger at them and put her hands on her hips. Spike nimbly plucked the dagger out of the air before it could hit either one. “That was not funny!”

“Oi, come on Little Bit.” Spike chuckled. She looked so cute and young when she stood there with her hands on her hips. “We were just playing.” He got himself under control, but Buffy was still laughing uncontrollably on the bed, writhing around. She had tears escaping her closed eyes as she tried to wipe them away. Spike got up and dragged Buffy’s prone body closer to him. Dawn walked over to the bed and sat down next to the couple, one still giggling.

There was a knock on the bedroom door. “Dawn you alright?”

“Yeah, Denise, I’m ok, thanks.” Dawn shouted back, glaring at Spike and the giggling, squirming body in his arms.

“I heard you scream, are you sure?” Her friend asked back.

“Yeah, just got a little scare, I am OK.” Denise headed back into her room.

“You guys! How could you?” Dawn scolded and waved a finger at them. Buffy started to calm down and was breathing a little more normally. Spike grabbed her closer to his body, knowing Dawn was about to attack with her fingers, immobilizing Buffy as she tickled her.

“Now, now, Bit. None of that, or I wont get Buffy out of here.” Dawn backed off and Buffy got a new set of giggles. Spike pulled her fully into his lap, trying to protect her from her pissed off sister. “Come on, Bit. We saw your light on and your window open. Maybe when you listen to your headphones you should face the window.” He smirked and winked.

“Spike, how could you?” She still was upset at the intrusion.

“Sorry, Bit. Didn’t think you would get upset.” He felt sorry, he really did. Dawn was upset at them. “I’ll just take Buf, and we will talk to you later, OK?” He moved and picked up the giggling slayer in his arms and headed over to the window. Spike had no idea how he was going to mange getting Buffy down while she was giggling, but he didn’t want to upset Dawn any further.

Dawn watched as he headed over to the window and felt instantly bad about scolding him. In truth, she was amazed he hadn’t tried to scare her since he came back. After a night of patrolling with Buffy, he would sneak up to her room and tickle her feet while she slept. Dawn missed the little things they used to do together. “Wait!” Spike turned around, Buffy was beginning to get control again of her giggles. “There is a door, you know?” Spike started to smile, but it quickly disappeared. He thought she was going to forgive them. He turned around and headed to the door.

“Sorry, Bit. Thought you would get a kick out of it.” He opened the door and started to walk down the stairs to the front door.

“I did,” she followed him down. He turned around with a huge boyish grin on his face. Dawn chuckled and shook her head. Buffy finally stopped giggling and started to squirm in Spike’s arms. She had no idea what was going on, but she wanted down. How did she get in Spike’s arms like this? “Aw, come on, I’ll make you some cocoa.” She passed Spike and the bundle he held and headed to the kitchen.

“Got any of those little marshmallows? God, kitten, will you stop squirming?” He looked down at his love in his arms as she smiled up at him. Her eyes reflected ten fold the love and tenderness that he regarded her with. She stopped squirming realizing he wasn’t letting go anytime soon.
~*~*~*~
Buffy was sitting on the rumpled bed naked, except for her bathrobe, flipping through the channels on the TV. Spike was taking a shower, singing some awful punk song at the top of his lungs. Dusk was quickly approaching and they were going to take Katerina patrolling for her first time. The phone rang and Buffy got up to get it. “Hey Giles... What’s up? … Oh really? … What do you want me to do about it? … Oh, I see… Well I don’t think that’s for the best… Because… It’s complicated… I know… This isn’t why we came back… Excuse me? …. I do not work for the council, I quit after Glory… That included Quentin…. If you don’t want our help… I am not threatening… No, I will not... Giles I do not think that I am being unreasonable.” Spike sat down beside Buffy, listening in on the conversation. “So, you don’t want us to go patrol?”

“What was that about, pet?” Spike ran his hand on her back as she hung up.

“Beats me, but something is definitely wrong. Giles… I don’t know but he practically begged that we stay in tonight. Weird.” Buffy shrugged her shoulders as Spike started to deeply massage her muscles. “Almost like he didn’t want us to run into something… or someone.” Spike quirked his eyebrow as she tensed up. “Oh, Spike, you don’t think?” She turned around to look at him.

“What’s that, luv?” Spike stopped his massage, but did not remove his hands from her back.

“Angel,” she whispered. Spike’s eyes flashed golden as his emotions and realization flooded over him.

“And if the poof is here?” Spike removed his hands and shifted away, afraid of her reaction to her first love.

“I don’t know, Spike. I mean… I don’t know… I haven’t seen him in years… how do you think he is going to react?”

“To what, pet?” He got up quickly and started to pace in front of her. “Of you back here? Oi, I am sure he’ll just be so happy, probably whisk you away for a good snog or two.” He spat his accusations out. “Probably try to convince you to go with him up to LA. Probably buy you the bloody mall to get you to go with him.” He waved his arms around his body as to accentuate the point. “Buy you a nice big mansion and get rid of the dingy hotel. You two moving in together playing house and all that rot.” Spike sneered. “The Great Poofter probably is sniffing his way around Sunnydale, trying to find you by now. Why don’t you just go outside and make it easier for him.”

SLAP

“Stop it, Spike.” Buffy slapped Spike across the face after he finished his tirade. “Why would you think that?” She was standing right in front of Spike and he grabbed her arm in a punishing grip.

“Why not, he is your true love, isn’t he? Go on, get.” He opened the front door and shoved her outside. “He’s waiting for you.”

“Spike, please don’t do this.” Buffy’s tears were running down her face quickly as she watched the man she loved have a virtual breakdown.

“Go on, you bint. Go to your true love.” He turned around slammed the door.

“But you are my true love,” she whispered as she stood there looking at the closed door.

Buffy stood in front of the hotel room for over a half hour, waiting for Spike to realize he just kicked her out for no good reason. A couple times she pleased through the door for Spike to open the door, but he just ignored her. Finally realizing that it was stupid to just sit and wait for him to come to his senses, she headed out to Revello Drive.

Buffy made her way slowly to the old house. There were two cars in the driveway. She looked in, but all the lights seemed to be turned off. She thought well, it doesn’t hurt to try; maybe they are watching a movie. KNOCK. KNOCK. Buffy heard some rattling and footsteps from the living room. The door opened to reveal a very disheveled Dawn.

“Um, Buffy, whatcha doing?” Dawn stammered. Buffy’s eyes were red and her cheeks were puffy. It was obvious she had been crying.

“Can I come in?” Buffy looked carefully at Dawn. Obviously, Dawn had a boy in the living room and they were hot and heavy.

“Um, sure.” Dawn stepped aside and slipped the light switch to the living room and hallway. The girls headed into the living room. “Umm, Buffy, this is my friend Tom. Tom this is my sister, Buffy.” Tom got up to shake Buffy’s hand.

“Uh, Dawn, I better get going. Let you two have a talk.”

“OK, call me later?”

“Wait, don’t go. I’ll come back later.”

Tom shook his head and grabbed his coat. “Nah, its OK. You two need to talk.” Tom swooped down to kiss Dawn’s cheek as he headed to the door. Dawn watched him get in his car and drive off.

Dawn came back, “OK, Sister o’ mine. What’s going on?”

“Um, nothing? Just wanted to spend some quality time with my favorite sister.” Buffy tried to smile.

“Buzz, try again. What’s wrong?”

“What makes you think anything is wrong?” Buffy started to fiddle with the hem of her shirt.

“Let’s see, tear tracks down your face, red eyes, the lack of a certain vampire at your side. Feel free to stop me when I am wrong.” Dawn folded her arms in front of her chest, waiting for an answer.

“We got into a fight… I think.”

“What do you mean, you don’t know if you got in a fight or not?”

“Yeah, I don’t know what happened. First, Giles called and was acting real weird about us not going out tonight to patrol. He was mean, Dawn. Real mean. And then we were talking about Giles and I said that I thought it was because of Angel…”

Dawn interrupted her. “Angel? You mentioned Angel? Knowing how Spike feels about him?”

“That shouldn’t matter. I love Spike, I told him, and he knows that I love him and that I want to be with him.”

“Yeah, Drusilla also said the same thing and look where that got him. God, Buffy how could you?”

“Well, it’s not like I was running out to find him, I just said his name and something. Then he got all crazy and pushed me out of the room and closed it. I don’t even remembered what he said except that I should go to him and have a happy life or something. Aw, Dawnie, I don’t even know why he’s upset. I stood outside the room for a long time, trying to get him to talk to me, but he never opened the door. What am I going to do?”

“I think you need to talk.”

“Yeah, well… tried that, he shut me out. Won’t listen to me.” Buffy’s tears were running down her face again. Dawn came up to sit beside her sister and wrapped a comforting arm around Buffy’s shoulders.

“It’s OK, Buf. We will figure out something. I mean he loves you and all. We will let him cool down a bit and then you two can talk.”

“What about Angel? If he really is in town… what if they meet up first? Angel doesn’t know about Spike and me… and I am not entirely sure he knows I am here… what if they get in a fight? What if…” Buffy trailed her sentence off. She didn’t want to think about the possible outcomes of when Angel found out about Spike and her. What if Angelus comes out, it’s almost happened before, Drusilla and Darla tried and almost succeeded. Lost in thought, Buffy didn’t know her sister went to get the door and she definitely didn’t hear or feel the new visitor to the house. “That’s it, I am done crying over him.” Buffy stated while wiping away her tears.

“Over who, Buff?” A masculine voice resonated through the living room. Looking up, Buffy recognized the tall figure in the room.

“Angel.” She promptly flew off the couch into his strong embrace.
~*~*~*~

“Bugger!” Spike swore as he watched her fly into his arms so quickly. Slowly, he turned away from the house and headed to the closest bar.
Confrontations by Karbear57
Chapter 6: The confrontations

“Hey Buff, what’s going on?” Angel held on to Buffy with all his might. She’s a beautiful creature. Her hair was slightly darker and much shorter compared to the last time he saw her all those years ago when she came to L.A. to tell him she was leaving California. Her body matured, no longer were there only hard lines and muscles, but now also a softness to her strength. Her eyes still held love and life and sparkled with mischief. Angel breathed in her familiar scent, but it was different. Long ago, she abandoned the cheap sickly sweet lotions, and in turn replaced them with high-end natural oils and perfumes to adorn her body. But behind the new scents, she still had the essence of Buffy.

Dawn left the living room to give the former lovers and friends alone for a while. Buffy finally came back to her senses and regained control over her raging emotions. “Sorry, I’m usually not so emotional. Haven’t cried this much since I was 15.” She commented as she left his strong embrace. Angel shrugged at the loss of warmth and came to sit down on the leather couch.

“I didn’t know you were in town. I was just walking by…” he trailed off, embarrassed that he just stopped by in hopes of new news about Buffy.

“Me neither… I mean I didn’t know you were here… Giles said something cryptic, but didn’t say… umm… well… so how have you been?” Buffy rambled as she sat in a chair next to the couch.

“Good.” Angel never was much for talking.

“That’s good.” Buffy looked down at her hands fidgeting with the hem of her shirt.

“How’s Hawaii?”

“Good.” Why was everything so uncomfortable? Just tell him.

“That’s good.” Something is up. “How’s that bar you work at?”

“Oh, yeah, I… um… own it now… it’s good.”

“Huh? Own it?”

“Yeah, inherited it when the owner passed away, long story. It’s doing good.”

“Good”

“So…”

“So…” Both spoke at the same time.

“I bet you are wondering why I am here?” Buffy spoke first.

“Yeah…”

“Did you hear about Traci?” At his nod, she went on. “I’m here to train the next.”

“I see. Yeah, sorry to hear about that kid.” Angel looked strangely at Buffy. Something else was up, but Angel wasn’t sure what. He stole a glance at her hand to make sure she wasn’t hiding an engagement or marriage, but he did smell another scent on her. It just wasn’t different types of fragrances that she was using; she had a male scent added to her. It really shouldn’t make him jealous. He left her when she was 18, encouraging her to go find a normal life, a normal relationship. When she went to L.A. to let him know she was moving to New York, she asked him if he ever thought it would ever work between them. Angel shook his head sadly. He loved her more than himself and could not ask her to wait for him. She deserved happiness that he could not give her. Suddenly a thought occurred to him, her scent was different, but yet so familiar. Not understanding the mix of smells, Angel just stared at the petite girl sitting in the chair. “Actually, that’s why I am here. Heard the demons were getting a little anxious without a slayer. Came down to help put the law down.” He puffed out his chest.

“Thanks, we’ve been here a couple days, trying to patrol but not much seems to be happening. Dawn told me before we came the demons were getting gutsy. I guess they heard we were back in town.” She chuckled.

“We?”

“Umm, I mean me.”

“Who’s we?” Angel moved forward and rested his arms on his knees, looking at Buffy.

“Just me! Ohh and the new slayer Katerina!” Bad Buffy, Angel can read through that!

“Buff, I know you are seeing someone. You don’t have to hide that.”

Buffy broke eye contact, back to looking at her hands. “Yeah, umm, OK. Yeah, I am seeing someone.”

“Anyone I know?” Angel’s brain started to fog over as he watched Buffy fidget. This was not of the good.

“Spike,” she whispered, barely audible even to the vampire. She looked up into a shocked face. “I’m sorry.”

“How long?” Spike. Spike! SPIKE!

“A few weeks. He came back into town and Dawn dragged him down to Hawaii.” Buffy couldn’t believe that Angel was taking the news so calmly.

“I see.” Angel’s anger grew. “What brought this on?”

“Actually, umm, before. I mean after I came back from the… dead. We were involved. Not of the good, either. He left and… well I hadn’t seen him until they showed up down there.”

“I see, so where is he now?”

“I don’t know. We kinda had a fight and I came here.”

“He was who you were crying about?” Angel made a move to grab Buffy’s hands, but she stood up first and started to pace.

“Yeah, I don’t know what happened, we were talking about Giles and… and you and then boom he went off the deep end. I don’t understand.” Buffy’s tears reappeared.

“I see do you love him?”

“Yeah,” she whispered. Before he had a chance to react she continued. “Before you tell me about him being an evil, soulless demon and not to trust him. I get it. OK? After… after I came back, I felt at peace when I was with him. Alive and loved. When he wasn’t around, it was horrible, I was horrible. And then we… we were in a bad relationship… real bad, Angel. I never knew I could sink so low, but he took it and didn’t throw it back in my face… ever! He just came back again and again. And then he left. No forwarding address, no time limit. Just left. I had to face up to my own demons. Had to learn to live again, not just survive. That’s why I left in the beginning. Learning to live on my own. Be OK with who I am. I am OK with who I am, now. But then? I was a mess, no one saw, but I was ugly inside.” Angel started to interrupt her speech, but she waved him off. “And then Dawn brought him down to Hawaii and it hit me. Everything I was working through, working for. It all clicked into place. One look from him, and everything was all right again. It made sense.”

“But Buffy that doesn’t change what he is or what he had done.”

“Yeah, and it doesn’t change who I am or what I have done. I treated him worse than he ever has treated me. Yet, he still stayed in there.”

“You just said he left!”

“Yeah, but because I drove him away. And I mean I did. He really had no choice but to put distance between us.”

“He’s evil!”

“Yeah and so are you when you lose your soul. Soulless Spike doesn’t even compare to Evil Angelus. Does he?”

“I guess not.”

“Yet, you ask for forgiveness.”

“I have a soul.”

“And? That makes you what? Better?” Buffy left off one important detail Spike has a soul now, too.

“Better than no soul!”

“And how many times have you lost it? How many ways?” Buffy screamed at him.

“Never mind, Buffy. Just watch your back.” Angel got up and stormed out of the house.
~*~*~*~
Buffy left the house shortly after Angel stomped out. She headed to the Magic Box training room. Tonight was not supposed to go this way. First Giles and his cryptic and their disturbing conversation. Then Spike and his jump to the deep end. And now Angel. Walking into the back room, Buffy stopped. Giles, Xander, Willow, and Anya were in there training Katerina. With out her. She stopped and watched as her inept friends were trying to show Katerina fighting positions and not succeeding very well. Giles was watching, giving pointers with his back turned to Buffy, so he did not notice her walk in. She watched as Xander and Anya demonstrate a poor fighting position and Katerina following it. Giles just stood back as the well-meaning friends tried to help. Buffy sat down in the shadows so no one was alerted to her presence. This hurt. More than anything else. They were training Katerina, poorly training, with out her. After Xander and Anya were done demonstrating, Willow started to show Katerina how to use some incantations.

“So where is Buffy tonight?” Katerina asked.

“She had some place else to be.” Willow calmly lied.

“Oh, she said she was going to go over some kicks tonight.”

“She’s too busy with her pet vampire.” Xander this time.

“I bet his gives her lots of orgasms. You know super vampire endurance.” Anya piped in with a dreamy expression on her face. Buffy bet she was dreaming of Spike. Their one nightstand destroyed many years of possible happiness.

“An! Please no talk about those two… ewwwe.” Xander’s ever so eloquent opinion. “I mean how could she again with the Evil Soulless Beast. Or as I like to refer to him as the ESB! I thought she learned enough from the first time.”

“Xander,” Willow used a warning voice. “What Buffy does is none of our business.”

“Yes it is! She brought ESB here and tainted Katerina’s view on vampires!”

“She did not!” Katerina voice carried. “She warned me about your views, but nothing could of made me ready to hear this. I thought you were all friends.”

“We are, precisely why we need to get her away from him.” Xander again.

“If she is your friend, how can you talk about someone she obviously cares about deeply?” Buffy was impressed with Katerina speaking up. “And he cares for her, you should see them together for any length of time.”

“Katerina, that’s enough.” Giles rubbed the bridge of his nose. “There is a history that you don’t know about. Spike is very dangerous…”

“They told me! Buffy was very adamant about telling me how evil most vampires and demons are, but there are exceptions.”

“Spike is not an exception.” Xander.

“I know you don’t see him as one, but that doesn’t mean that he isn’t. He cares for Buffy, I saw it!”

“He cares for one thing and one thing only!” Katerina walked up to face off with Xander.

“I know you don’t think I see him as a vampire, but I do. I also see him as someone that cares so much about someone; he turned his back on his nature. His society.”

“Yeah, that is what he wants us to think. Where has he been all these years? The only reason he came back is because he heard there was a new slayer.”

“He came back to mourn her.” Giles spoke up quietly.

“What?” Xander, Willow, and Anya all spoke.

“He came to mourn her. The night he came to see me… he was… well… for a lack of better term broken. More broken than he was when Buffy… died… he was distraught over leaving her in the first place… I almost told him that she was alive, just so he would be fixed.” Buffy’s heart went out to Giles. He told Spike that she died, instead of Faith. “His chip is out, yet somehow Buffy is still alive. We are still alive.” Silence for a couple of minutes as the Scoobies and new slayer digested this piece of information. “I think we should try to be supportive of her life and decisions. We lost her once.”

“I will not be supportive of that thing!” Xander.

“I suggest you don’t tell her that.” Giles spoke again. “This is the reason why she didn’t tell you lot about it in the first place. At her emotional condition then wasn’t too stable and she probably couldn’t have taken this reaction. Even now, I wouldn’t try to engage her in any duel of words… she may be stronger emotionally than she was, but she may still be unstable.”

Buffy sat back listening to her friends berate her choices and emotional state. They have no idea who she is anymore, yet they think they know what is best for her. Buffy was furious in her hiding place. She expected some static from Xander, but the rest was a mystery. Xander married an ex-vengeance demon. How can he speak of her poor choices? He left Anya at the alter when he got cold feet, causing her to revert back to her vengeance days. Now, they are happy, but it was a real rocky road they had to traverse. She eventually gave up her vengeance demon powers so they could get married; yet it was difficult for her to do so. Spike gave up his evil ways without Buffy even asking. He did it on his own to earn the right to even try to be with her. Willow, poor little Wicca, how can she question Buffy’s choices. Between her secret gay life and her dark magic tendencies, Willow should understand some things you can’t fight, some things you don’t fight. Anya of all people should be able to forgive the past. She never showed remorse about her past deeds. Giles was the one that asked her to come back; he asked her knowing that she would bring Spike. The only person that was stead fast in defending their relationship was Katerina, a virtual stranger. Buffy digested this turn of events as the Scooby gang and new slayer walked into the Magic Box store. The betrayal of her friends fresh in her mind plagued Buffy as she crept out of the training room into the alley way. It was time to get some things straight.
Consequences by Karbear57
Chapter 7: Consequences
It was stupid. Really, really stupid. She should go back, find him, and make him understand, but she didn’t. Instead, Buffy headed back to the house on Revello Drive. Too much to think about. Too many things around her were spinning out of control. Her friends were all but abandoning her. Too much. Too little. Too much. Buffy’s brain started to overload.

Meanwhile in another part of town…

Angel walked into the fifth bar that night. He was a man… a vampire… on a mission. Find his childe and knock some sense into him. Angel strolled up to the bartender and slipped him a ten-dollar bill, never let it be said Angel was cheap. Right. He asked the bartender about Spike and ordered a drink when the bartender motioned over to a dark corner and a man slumped over the table, apparently in a drunken stupor. Grabbing the glass of cool liquid that would warm his undead body. Angel strolled over to the table.

Spike felt a familiar presence looming over his prone body. Try as he may, Spike couldn’t bring himself the energy or the coordination to raise his head and face his sire. At this point Spike really didn’t care. It was obvious to Spike that Angel was here to gloat about taking Buffy. Just like he did with Drusilla. Ahhh, his dark princess. His dark princess that was unfaithful just like his sun. Unfaithful. Cunt. Unfaithful. Bitch. Unfaithful. Bitch. Unfaithful. Whore. Unfaithful. Bitch. The all wanted him. Angel. The bloody poof standing in front of Spike right now. It would be so worth the consequences to dust him once and for all. No more of his women pining over the broody wonder. Yeah, that sounds pretty good. If Angel is gone, they wont leave him for Angel. Sounds like a plan. Kill the wanker and take back what is his. The Sun.

Flashes of Buffy’s prone body writhing below Spike filled his head. Her golden skin, slick with sweet sweat as he brought her body to heaven moving sensually underneath his. Her arms outstretched, fingers clutching the silk sheets, in need of release. Her muscular legs wrapped around Spikes torso, urging him to continue faster. Her face, devoid of makeup, yet the most beautiful face he ever has seen twisting with ecstasy as he pulled out of her tight, hot passage and plunging back in. Eyes closed. Nose wrinkled in concentration. Her mouth forming a perfect ‘O’ as her orgasm hit. Words of love… devotion… eternal bliss falling from her mouth as he felt his orgasm hit. Another scene hit. They were in her office at the ‘Forest. Buffy’s golden body was draped in a red and black silk and lace crotchless teddy. Her legs were incased in jet-black stockings and garters. Her hands were caressing her silk encased flesh, touching and smoothing. She was sitting on her paper filled desk beckoning him to join her. Spike sat in her office chair, watching her touch herself. Suddenly the office door opened and Angel walks in. Before Spike had time to react, Angel grabbed Buffy’s prone body and started to kiss her ardently. Buffy returned his kisses passionately. She reached down to unzip Angel’s pants. As soon as his cock was free of his bindings, he loomed over her and buried himself into her pussy. He pumped away fast as she writhed beneath him. Moaning. Grunting. She looked up from her position to look at Spike. Her eyes lit up with mischief as she licked her lips and moaned Angel’s name. Angel looked at Spike as he harshly pounded into the Slayer’s body, grunting and growling the whole time. One message: she’s mine. Possession. Buffy was and is Angel’s. He took her virginity. He took her love first. He broke her first. His imaginary roar broke Spike’s thoughts as he returned to the dirty table in the dirty bar. Looking up at Angel, Spike sneers, “Bugger off, you poof.”

CRACK

Spikes drunken uncoordinated body flew across the room and landed on a table. He struggled to turn his body around to face his sire. Angel was right there. He brought his hand back and Spike flew to the other side of the bar. Spike struggled to sit up, but Angel had another idea. Jumping freakishly fast, Angel pinned Spike down and started to pound Spike with his fists. Spike endured the torture, biding his time for an opening. Angel’s fists pelted in quick succession, virtually immobilizing the younger and drunk vampire. His energy peaked and started to decline, with it, so was the speed of his punches. Spike saw his opening as Angel slowed and he bucked up, throwing Angel into the air and down five feet away. Spike jumped up and headed towards Angel. There was no way Angel was going to just do this. Buffy was his. Spike got closer to Angel and lifted his boot-clad foot back and brought it up forward. Angel anticipated this move and rolled over as Spike’s leg came towards his midsection. Angel went with the momentum and righted himself. “Come on, you bloody poof, come and get me.”

Angel stalked over and let his fist fly. Spike ducked down to evade and kicked with all his might. Angel let out an enormous yell as his hands came up to protect his groin from further attack. “My boy, you really should learn when to run.” Angel looked up at his childe. Spike stood there waiting for Angel to attack again, he didn’t have to wait long. Angel stood back up and backhanded Spike’s jaw, hearing it crack. Spike flew back a couple steps, but came back forward.

“Leave her alone, she’s mine!” Spike vamped out and started a series of punched aimed at Angel. The effects of the alcohol were wearing off and Spike started to get more coordinated and stronger. He brought up his knee, intending to hit the groin again. Angel brought his hands up to hold off Spike’s knee.

Angel grabbed Spike’s shirt and threw him against the brick wall of the bar. “Really?” Angel strode over to Spike. His body collapsed, starting to protest the physical abuse. “Because I haven’t seen any of your bite marks on her.” Angel grabbed Spike again by the shirt and threw him towards another wall, cracking his head against the brick. “And if memory serves me correct… she has mine!” Angel strode over to the prone body grabbing a fist full of hair and staring intently into Spike’s eyes. “Which means she isn’t yours!” Angel cocked his fist and let it fly. Slowly, Angel got up and walked away from the unconscious vampire. He went over the bar and grabbed a bourbon bottle, guzzling half of its contents. He went back to the body and sat down next to it. “What am I ever going to do with you, William?” Angel continued to drink directly from the bottle while watching Spike’s body heal.
~*~*~
“Dawn?” Buffy walked into the house that was technically still hers. “Dawn? Are you here?” She breezed through the living room into the kitchen.

Dawn looked up from her food preparations at her sister. “Rude much? Just walk in like you own the place,” Dawn smirked letting her sister know she was just kidding.

“Yeah, well… what was I thinking with those mortgage payments I make every month,” Buffy taunted back. “Seriously, I need to talk to you.” Dawn put the chefs knife down on the counter and motioned for Buffy to sit at the table.

“Is it Spike again?”

“No... well,… in a sense, yes. I just was at the Magic Box watching Giles and the Scoobs train Katerina.”

“Wait? Isn’t that you were doing?”

“Yeah, well anyways… so I was standing the shadows just observing, right?” Dawn nodded. “And then suddenly they were slamming Spike and me. Giles said I was unstable and suggested Xander not tell me what he really thought. Willow was agreeing with Xander… well, not really agreeing, but she did nod her head a lot at what he was saying. And, and Anya was fantasizing about Spike and her many orgasms.”

“They didn’t know you were there?” Buffy shook her head. “So it’s not like they were attacking you, just a private conversation.” Dawn tried to be level headed, but the Giles, Xander, and Willow had no right to talk about Spike.

“But they were poorly training Katerina and they said all this stuff in front of her!” Buffy was grasping at straws, trying to figure out what was going on. “I mean the way they were training Katerina wouldn’t last a week. Poor stance. Poor posture. And they said all these things in front of her!”

“I understand, Buff. But they have a right to their opinion. Just like you and I do.”

“Nu uh, not if it interferes with my ability to train Katerina and trust me they were interfering.”

“So what do you want to do? I mean about them? Get mad? Get even?”

“I don’t know Dawnie, I hurt, you know?” Dawn giggled at the indignant Buffy. “What are you laughing about?”

“You,” giggle, “you!” She waved her hand around. “You are totally different than the Buffy that left here. I mean, that Buffy wouldn’t even dream about admitting something hurt.”

“I did, too!” Buffy spoke up and crossed her arms.

“Really? When, because I remember a certain blonde female not telling us she was in heaven and was hurting.”

“I told Spike it hurt when he brought his date to the wedding from hell.”

“You did? You never told me that. Ohh, is that why he left?” Buffy nodded. “I see. But see, even then no one around you knew your pain, except Spike… but that was because… why was it?”

“I don’t know, Dawnie. It felt like he understood. I mean… he never expected me to be happy or grateful or anything. He just let me be.”

“And we pushed you when you came back. Get into the routine and all.” Buffy nodded. “Didn’t help that I was klepto girl or anything.”

Buffy smiled, “Naw, that didn’t help. But when I was with Spike, it was just that. I was with him. I wasn’t pretending to be happy or doing what you all expected me to do. He never expected me to be or do anything. I guess he was just happy I was there.”

Dawn nodded. “He was so broken up when you fell. The sun was starting to rise and he just laid next to your body on the rubble, crying. His wails could be heard for miles.”

Buffy looked down at the hands. “Yeah, I know. I mean… I wasn’t there but I was aware. I don’t know it is too complicated to explain.”

“See that’s another thing. The Buffy of long ago wouldn’t admit she didn’t know or couldn’t so anything. You’ve changed so much.”

“So have you, Dawn. So have you.” There was a knock on the back door. Dawn got up to get it. Two big bodies walked in. Angel was carrying Spike’s still unconscious body.

“Where can I put him?” Angel struggled walking and holding Spike’s form. Dawn indicated the couch in the front room.

“You two look like hell. What the fuck happened, Angel?” Buffy asked.

“Bar fight.”

“Yeah, and what do the other guys look like?” Buffy grabbed a wet washcloth and started to wipe dried blood from Spike’s head. Angel mumbled something that she couldn’t understand. “What?”

“I said there were no other guys.” Angel had the decency to look ashamed.

“So what? You two decided to beat the shit out of each other? Only Spike probably was drunk off his ass? Am I right? Close?”

“Yeah, something like that. Look, I didn’t mean for it to happen. It just did.”

“Yeah, something like this just happens.” Buffy went back to cleaning Spike’s wounds, noticing his head was still bleeding. “God, Angel, what did you do to him?” Before she could finish the sentence, Angel was out the front door.

A/N: I never have done a true fight scene, so please forgive. The real story has finally started. Wohoo!
The Plane by Karbear57
Chapter 8: The plan

“I can’t believe she’s sleeping with that soulless thing again!”

“Xander, calm down.” Willow tried to put her hand on his arm, but he jerked back.

“I will not! Come on An, we gotta get home.”

“It’s not like we can do anything, now is there?” Willow tried to reason with Xander.

“Yeah, nothing we can do.” Xander grabbed An as he started to walk away.

“I am sure she is happy with all her orgasms, I know I would be.” Anya’s contribution.

“Shut up!”

“Xander, they obviously care for each other.”

“He can’t care! He is soulless!”

“And? Xander, he obviously cares!”

“Obsession. Mark my words. We just have to get Buffy before he decides his obsession is over.”

“Xander, we can’t do anything!”

“Yes we can!”

“Like what?”

“Make her see him for what he is: a worthless soulless demon.”
~*~*~
Buffy was sitting in the hotel room. Their hotel room. No, the hotel room. It was obvious that something changed. While Buffy washed Spike’s cuts and wrapped up his injuries, she found the hotel key. This was as good a time as any to move her stuff. Spike kicked her out of the room. He obviously didn’t want to be near her. Buffy decided to move into a separate hotel room. Nix that, a new hotel. If Spike didn’t want her here, she wouldn’t be. She quickly grabbed her belongings and stuffed them into her suitcase and bags. Carefully Buffy went over the room, picking up discarded items from her and Spike’s stay. She traveled around picking up dirty laundry and piling them up in a corner. She threw away empty blood bags and fast food wrappers. Slowly she made her away around the bed and noticed a shiny object on the floor. She picked up a silver ring, the ring her gave her during Willow’s “Will be done” spell that paired the two to get married. She studied the ring carefully, noting that it was shiny, unlike his other jewelry. The blood red stone in the center was clean and almost see through. Spike must have take care of the ring through the years, cherishing it, just like how he promised to cherish her. Shaking out of her thoughts, Buffy put the ring on the night stand and continued straightening the room.

One last look, Buffy closed the door.

~*~*~
Dead, cold eyes followed her movements from the shadows. She roamed around the empty room picking up objects and setting them down. She bent over near the bed, picking up something small. She looked at the object intently. Her face filled with awe and pleasure. Suddenly, she shook her head and put the object down on the small table. She picked up her bags and headed out the door, looking back one last time, and then shuts it tight.

She walked to the rented car and stuffed her suitcase and bags in the trunk. Her small body walked around to the driver’s side and got in. Following closely behind, still on foot, the eyes followed her. She parked beside another hotel. She walked in with her head held high, up to the concierge. After a couple minutes she was back at the car, retrieving her bags. She gave them to the bellboy and handed him some money. She headed back to the car and got in.

Following easily, he found her car outside the house on Revello. Her sister was at the door. She handed her sister something, a key, and walked away.

~*~*~
“And how would you do that? Huh, Xander?”

“She knew it before, we just have to remind her. Help her remember those vampires are bad. She spent 6 years living a normal life. She will do it again.”

“Xander, she doesn’t want to lead a normal life. She was happy with Spike!”

“And? Look, Willow. Vampires and demons gave her nothing but grief. She has a life now that doesn’t include them and…”

“She also has a life that doesn’t include us.”

“What?”

“I think you heard me. Not only did she turn her back on demons and monsters, but us also. Are you willing to drive her further away?”

“I’ll take me chances. She has to remember what he has done. My god, Willow. He tried to rape her.”

“Get off it, Xander. She forgave him and herself.”

“No, he doesn’t deserve forgiveness.”

“Xander, don’t do anything stupid.”

“Nothing stupid. Just something that I should have done a long time ago.”

“If you try to hurt him, dust him, whatever… you will be pushing Buffy away. And this time it might be all the way.”

“Yeah, right. Okay, I won’t dust Spike.” Xander thought: but that doesn’t mean I can’t enlist someone that will.

~*~*~
She came back to the hotel. She parked her car in the small parking garage and headed inside. Her room is on the third floor; he could feel her moving up the elevator and out into the hallway. She became still, maybe sitting on the couch watching TV or lying down in the bed sleeping. He imagines sitting next to her on the couch, sharing an ordinary activity with her. Her short hair wound around his deft fingers. To hold her, to have her, the heavenly feeling of being with her. He shrank back into the shadows knowing she is safe for the moment.
To be conscious by Karbear57
Chapter 9: To be conscious

The black murkiness of his head was drowning him. Flashes of red and purple flew threw when he tried to move. He stayed still… nothingness. That’s what it is. Deep, dark, dank blackness enveloped his mind once again.

Dawn walked into the living room carrying a mug of warm blood and replacement bandages. The gash on Spike’s head has since stopped bleeding, but it still looked wicked. Dawn stat down next to the couch and set the new bandages down. Carefully she shook his body, trying to wake him. He stirred a couple minutes ago, moaning in pain, but he quickly stopped moving and making noise. She brought the mug of warm liquid up to his nose so he could smell the nourishment. She pried apart his chapped lips, trying to get the straw in, but he wouldn’t suck. Frustrated, she put the mug down and worked on replacing his bloody bandages. She replaced most of the bandages when Spike’s face changed. His canines extended and his forehead wrinkled. Taking the chance, Dawn brought the mug back to Spike’s mouth and inserted the straw. Still he did not suck up the liquid. Carefully she grabbed the tip of the straw and capped the top off with her finger. She brought the straw over his partially open mouth and released the top of it, allowing the liquid to escape down to his mouth. A low growl emanated from his chest as Dawn repeated the procedure. After the third try, Dawn brought the straw in the mug up to his lips, this time him sucking down the liquid. After the liquid in the mug was gone, Dawn went back to replacing the rest of his bandages. She prepared another mug and offered the straw to his lips, he again denied sucking. She then repeated her earlier procedure in tempting him with dropping small drops in his mouth. He eventually sucked the liquid down.

Dawn stood watch over the beaten body: watching, hoping that he would wake up soon. Ever since she fed him the first time a deep, sad sound emanated from his chest. It was not quite a whimper, yet not a growl. His chest vibrated with the sound and Dawn could not help but feel sadden with knowledge that Buffy had moved out of the hotel room, in all intents and purposes, leaving Spike.

About 4:00 in the afternoon, Spike started to stir again. The black haze that encased his brain was now greyer and he could see patches of white. Carefully and slowly he opened his eyes to see a vision of an angel in front of him. Dawn’s sleeping form was curled up in a chair next to the couch. Her hair tumbled over her head and shoulders, almost as if shielding her from harm. Her hand was propped up holding her head as if to watch him. Spike lifted his hand to touch his pounding head. Most of his injuries had healed, but he still felt the after- effects. The gash on his head had closed, but the skin had not grown over it, so it was still tender. A loud groan woke dawn up from her catnap. She looked over at the couch. Spike’s face was contorted in pain and his hands shielded his eyes from the world.

“Spike?”

“Yeah, nibblet?”

“Are you OK? I mean… that gash on your head still hasn’t healed.”

“Yeah, be alright. How’d I get here?” Spike sat up.

“Um, he brought you. Need some blood?”

“Yeah, pet. That would be bloody wonderful.” Dawn giggled at his pun.

“Be back.”

“Bit?”

“Yeah?”

“Why aren’t I more hungry?” Spike followed her into the kitchen.

“I fed you while you were unconscious. You know… that was kinda difficult.” She put a mug of blood in the microwave and hit the appropriate buttons.

“Where’s your sis, with the big poof?” He growled.

“No, she went back to her hotel… Spike?”

“Yeah, pet?”

“What happened?” The microwave beeped and she grabbed the mug out and handed it to him. “Because Buffy really doesn’t know.”

“Me neither, bit… me neither.” Spike downed the mug in two gulps.

“What happened with… umm… you know… him? He disappeared before Buffy could stop yelling at him and explain.”

“Buffy was here?”

“Yeah, she cleaned and bandaged you up and all…”

“But she left?”

“Yeah, well… she found the room key.”

“So she went back to the hotel… great how am I going to get back in.”

“Here.” She gave him the key and at his questioning look she continued, “She moved to a new room. Moved her stuff, that is.”

“I see.”

“So… with him… what happened? Neither of you looked too good.”

“Fight, that’s all, pet.”

“Yeah, so how are you going to get Buffy back?”

“What’s the point, bit? She will always run back to him.”

“That’s not true and you know it!” Spike looked up at Dawn. “She doesn’t want him, she wants you. She came here crying over you, and I mean she was CRYING. She doesn’t know what made you so angry, doesn’t understand why you kicked her out like that. Then when she was telling Angel you two were together and he lost it… well… I am glad I wasn’t Angel. She really let him have it… about the soul thing.” Spike sat up quickly. “No, she didn’t tell him that you have a soul. Just about his and his flaws and stuff. You know? She doesn’t want him… she wants you soul or not.”

“She doesn’t act like it.”

“What did she do? Really Spike, because I don’t see what she did.”

“She said his name and got all dreamy eyed.”

“Dreamy eyed? Are you sure? Because sometimes her thinking face looks like a dreamy face, but it isn’t. Did you ask her or just jump to conclusions?”

“Dawn! Look, bit… I jumped and I keep jumping. Jumped through her bloody hoops and all and still wasn’t good enough for her.”

“I think she doesn’t think that way anymore.”

“And then the soul…”

“She admitted what she was feeling before the soul, Spike. So don’t use that excuse.” Spike sat there for a couple minutes quiet, thinking through the situation.

“What room is she in?”

~*~*~
Spike ran. His legs traveled impossibly fast through the streets and cemeteries of the town making his way towards their hotel and room. Maybe she would still be there. Maybe she just got a duplicate key. Maybe he wasn’t too late. Maybe. But maybes were not in the cards, not now. He arrived at the room barely short of breath since he didn’t need it, yet he still did it. He walked in looking around. All his clothes were in a corner, pilled neatly. The bed was made. The trash that was previously spread throughout the room was in the trashcan. Nothing was out of place. Nothing, because her stuff was not there. Nothing was out of place because nothing was here. Nothing.

~*~*~
A knock on the door woke Buffy up. She was sitting on the suites couch, not wanting to sleep alone in the bed. It was really funny to Buffy that she spent the last six years of her life sleeping alone in bed and after only 2 short weeks of sharing her bed, Buffy couldn’t seem to drag her body into an empty bed. Another knock sounded on the door. Knowing who was on the other side, Buffy decided not to answer it. They could wait. Instead she dragged her tired body into the lush bathroom.

~*~*~
Spike sat on the bed with his elbows on his knees and his hands cradling his head. Slow tears traveled down his face as he fought for control. He could smell her scent all over the room. All over his things. She spent a long time straightening the room up before she finally left. He called down to the front desk, begging for the new room number, but they told him what he already knew. Not only did she change room, she changed hotels.

Looking around for some signal to Buffy’s where about, Spike spotted the ring on the nightstand. He gingerly picked it up remembering the engagement clearly. The feel of her body fitting so snuggly next to his at the watcher’s home. They discussed the future as she fed him pigs’ blood from that damn novelty mug. She whispered lovingly thoughts in his ears when Giles left the room. He spoke poetic words of cherishing her as she caressed his chest. They wanted to make love that night. They planned on going back to the empty house on Revello to consummate the relationship. That was before the spell was reversed and they instantly became hateful to each other again. Buffy gave the ring back a couple days after the spell was broken. She dropped by the watcher’s one sunny day and slipped it to Giles through a crack in the door. The whole situation was ridiculous in his mind. Spike kept the ring, keeping it safe and polished all those years just waiting to return to her finger.

Spike shook his head in despair. It wasn’t likely that the ring would find its way back onto Buffy’s hand any time soon. She left him cold and afraid. Sure she cared enough to clean and bandage his beaten body, but not enough to stick around for him. She probably only did that because she felt guilty that her boyfriend did it to him. She’s probably with him right now, laughing about what a pathetic ponce he had become. Loving the Slayer, humph. What a crock of SHIT. Thinking he would set up house with the woman, sharing her bed and life. Yeah, sure… laugh it up at ole Spike. Soon, he would show her how pathetic he really was. Nothing was stopping him from hurting her or her friends. Nothing. Nothing except the love he still had for her. Sod it to fucking hell!

Spike ran out of the room, anxious to get away from his memories. He walked outside sniffing the air. He picked up trace amounts of her scent, but also picked up another scent, a scent of evil. Spike calmly walked down the road in search of her. He had to make her understand. Make her love him.
~*~*~
The knocking never stopped. Buffy was tempted to call down to the front desk to have her unwanted visitor removed, but she knew it would not help. He would only be back, more determined. She wrapped her hair up in a towel and put on a pair of running pants and short tank top before she opened the door.

“Will you STOP?” She cursed the intruder.

“Finally, I’ve been out here for over and hour. Invite me in.”

“No, go away!”

“Buffy, please, listen…”

“I said go away, Angel.”

“We need to talk.” He fidgeted with the door jam.

“How did you find me?” She asked, blocking his entry.

“You know.” He motioned to his nose. “Buff, I’m sorry I went over the deep end, but…”

“There are no buts.” A couple of her neighbors peaked out of their doors at the loud voices and the ceased knocking.

“Please, Buff, let me in.”

“Fine, come in.” She moved out of his way. Angel sulked in and brushed past Buffy, slightly brushing her arm with his. He stood next to the couch, waiting for her to close the door. She slowly closed the door, leaving it unlocked and walked a wide berth around Angel. She sat in a chair on the other side of the couch.

“Fine, speak.”

“Buff…”

“I don’t want to hear any lame excuses.”

“I’m sorry. I just…” He sat down on the couch, close to her. “Its just that…” Words were failing him. “See, the thing is…”

“Spit it out, Angel.”

He growled. “You’re mine!”

“What?” Buffy’s body shot up. “I am not property!”

“I’m his sire and you are mine. I just had to remind William of that.” His body followed hers, both unaware of the eyes looking up into the window from the street. The curtains were drawn back open. The big window allowed passer bys to view the entire room.

“I am so not hearing this.” Angel grabbed Buffy and smashed his lips to hers. She struggled to be released, but his grip was too tight. His tongue probed her lips, asking for entry that she declined. She finally wound her hands around his neck and grabbed a fist full of hair. The sudden jerk movement surprised Angel enough to let go of her.

“You are mine. I was here first! You bear my mark.” She brought his hand up to her neck to caress the long healed marks. He jerked her closer so she couldn’t move once again.

“I also bear the mark of the master are you saying I was his too?” Buffy knew she was taunting Angel, but he was crazy.

“Master is dead. I was next. You are mine and he is to stay away.” He smashed their lips together again, her arms trapped between their bodies. On the street, eyes turning yellow watching their movements. A low growl erupted from its owner.

a/n I'll add a couple chapters in a couple days. If you can't wait, go to my site www.geocities.com/karbear57:
Rejection by Karbear57
Chapter 10: Rejection

Buffy found an opening and pushed Angel away. He was holding her so tightly, she couldn’t move, but he let down his defenses and she took it. “And what about me? Huh? Think I am going to give him up?”

“If you love him, you will.” He stalked over closer to her, but she moved away. The eyes on the sidewalk were still gazing up at the room. She pushed the Neanderthal being away and started to yell at him. He came close to her again and she moved away. The scene in front of him was not what he once thought it was. She was declining his advances, not accepting them.

“Is that a threat, Angel? Going to kill him?” She wagged her head in a taunting manner.

“Nah, there are other ways. I will make it so you won’t want to be around him or visa versa.” Angel stood up and puffed his chest out, in a manner not unlike scared animals.

“Angelus?”

“No, it’s me, babe. This has nothing to do with him. You are mine and don’t forget it.” He strode back over to her. Buffy whipped out a stake she hidden behind her.

“Stay away, Angel. Don’t do anything to Spike or me. Your claim or whatever you think you have over me is gone. It’s been gone for a long time. You forfeited any right you had when you walked away from me after graduation.”

“I don’t think so, child. I am your master!”

“First, I am not your childe or a child. It’s been over 10 years, Angel. Let us go!”

“No!” At that, angel stormed out of the room. It was true that it has been ten years, but he still had her first and he will not let go of her. Not that easily. Hopefully Spike had taken his warning to heart and will stay away from Buffy. The inherent disobedience from both made him very angry.

Cold eyes followed the hulking man out of the hotel. He jumped in his car and sped away. The figure slowly inched his way away, knowing she was safe for the moment.

~*~*~
“Dawn, what hotel are Buffy and Spike at?” Xander asked through the phone. It was time for a confrontation.

“They were staying at The Radisson. Why?”

“I want to go over and talk to Buffy. What do you mean they were there? Did they leave town?”

“No, not that I know of. I just know Buffy changed hotels. I don’t know the new one.”

“Why’d they switch?” Dawn thought: Damn, I wish that I didn’t have to lie.

“I don’t know, but Spike just left here two hours ago. He might still be at the Radisson.”

“Wait, what? Dawnie what are you saying?” Xander’s voice held an optimistic hope. Spike and Buffy weren’t at the same hotel.

“Xander, look, this isn’t my place… all I know is that Buffy moved out. I am sure Spike is looking for her as we speak.”

“Did they get in a fight?” Xander was doing the snoopy dance in his head and almost out in public.

“Xander, that isn’t something I can tell you. I would call the hotel and find out which room Spike is in. They are registered under Summers.” Dawn hung up the phone hoping that she had done the right thing. Giving Xander Spike’s whereabouts was risky, but she hoped he grew up through the years. Hopefully Spike was looking for Buffy anyways. When she came to drop the key off, Dawn asked Buffy where she was staying. Buffy, in turn, told her she didn’t want to put Dawn in the middle and didn’t want to force her to lie about where she was so she wasn’t going to tell Dawn.

“What luck!” Xander screamed as he hung up the phone. The trio of friends went back to Anya’s and Xander’s home. Both Anya’s and Willow’s heads jerked up and swiveled towards him. He was doing a very dorky version of the Snoopy Dance, prancing around his living room.

“What’s going on, Honey?” Anya asked, a little perplexed at the change of attitude her husband had, but happy that it looked like she was going to get orgasms that night.

“Something is going on with Buffy and him. She moved out of their hotel room for parts unknown.” Anya smiled at her husband indulgently as Willow looked concerned. “If we are going to succeed in making Buffy see what a disaster it would be to be with him, it’s now.”

“Xander, exactly what are you going to do?”

“See, Wills, it’s like this…” With that the form the plan was laid out. The three friends stayed up all night talking about the pros and cons of their plan. Xander sat in the living room laying grand plans out with hope to help Buffy eradicate Spike from her life and hopefully the world. Anya sat listening to Xander drone on about how to make Buffy run scared from Spike and how to drive him over the edge. Willow sat on the couch listening to Xander obsessed with breaking the two up.

A/N: The Plan you ask? Like I would tell you their plans. Ok, a hint: it involves past friends and enemies coming into town and causing chaos. Now, I wonder who can come back to town?
Breaking point by Karbear57
Chapter 11: Breaking Point

At precisely nine o’clock the next morning, Buffy walked into the Magic Box’s front door with her head held high. No customers or workers were milling about since the shop just opened. Giles was up in the loft area probably cataloging the ancient texts housed up there. He looked down at the sound of the door ring at her entry. A wide smile erupted from his face when he noticed his surrogate daughter there, alone, that is no other people or beings around. This was his chance to catch up with her. He quickly shut the book and headed down to the main floor of the shop to greet his visitor. She smiled up at him when he made his presence known by walking down the ladder.

“Buffy, it’s good to see you.” He came over to hug the young woman standing in front of him.

“Yeah. Nice that is.” She returned his hug halfway, not sure how she should try to confront Giles.

“So, dear, it’s been a while since we’ve gotten to be able to talk with that Traver’s business and all.” She nodded her head in agreement. “Please sit, would you like a cup of tea?”

“No thanks, Giles. I’m a coffee girl.” She sat down at the research table with Giles. “So where’s Anya?”

“She doesn’t come in until afternoon since the babies.” The awkwardness was starting to thicken.

“Yeah.” This was even harder than she originally thought.

After a minute of silence, Giles began again, “So how are you, dear girl?”

“Peachy,” she spit sarcastically. He looked alarmed at her sudden outburst. “Sorry, Giles, just under some stress.” She tried to explain it away.

“Do you need to talk about it?” Buffy cast her eyes downward, trying to get enough courage to confront her mentor. Over hearing his misgivings and thoughts on her chosen path in life was one thing, but to hear it directly from his mouth was another.

“Yeah, I guess.” Buffy squared her shoulders as she gave herself a pep talk. First, it’s your life. Second, you are happy, well, not so happy with the Spike situation, but that is so not in this conversation. Third, you came back to train the new slayer. Giles asked you to come back. Ready to confront him, Buffy looked up into his eyes.

Giles knew why Buffy was here. He suspected she was in the training room last night, but had no tangible proof. She was quiet when she entered and exited the back room and left no evidence of her position. He barely noticed her presence except a slight grinding noise during one of Xander’s more interesting rants about Spike. She definitely had reconnaissance down pat. “Dear girl, whatever put that frown on your face?”

“Giles?” She used her little girl voice, the one that melted his heart every time. It was absurd to watch a 27, almost 28-year-old woman, stick out her bottom lip in a perfect pout. Her arms were hugging her torso in an attempt to comfort herself. Oh, she was good. Playing on his fatherly emotions. She knew which buttons to push, always did. “We are close right?” Giles nodded. “Even when I left here, we still communicated. Maybe even better than when I was here.” He nodded again. Her journalistic instincts kicked in, he saw it coming. She was going to get him to dangle himself over the proverbial barrel before she attack. The girl was good. She knew how to get what she wanted. “You knew before anyone about the bar and hotel. And you helped me with the legal stuff. I really appreciated that. I don’t know if I ever told you, but thank you.”

“Pish, Buffy. You needed my help, I would do anything for you.” He knew he was stepping into her trap. He knew it, but couldn’t stop it. His little slayer grew up to be a magnificent woman. A woman that could handle herself.

He saw the trap, yet he had to step into it.

“Me too, Giles. You know that right? I love you.” She stood up and walked over to hug him. Giles relaxed, hoping Buffy wasn’t trying to trap him, yet now she was going in for the kill. “Remember when I thought I was losing my humanity my ability of showing emotion? We went on the Slayer Quest thingy.” He nodded as she sat down next to him. Giles took off his glasses as she rambled on, setting the trap, and started to clean them with his hankie. “Yeah. Long way from there now, aren’t we?” She fidgeted with an imaginary piece of dust on the table. “So anyways, just wanted to let you know. I love you and would do anything for you.” Here it comes. “Like for instance. Drop everything in my life and fly back here, on my dime I might add that the council never paid me, to help you train the slayer.” She always hated that she never got paid or reimbursed for clothing being ruined. No wonder why the First Slayer walked around in rags.

“Yes, you did. I appreciate that.”

“So, here I am wondering.” She looked directly into his eyes. “Why haven’t you used me to my full potential?”

“S-see, I didn’t want to scare the girl off. You know how it is when you first start. Everything is overwhelming.” Her eyes glint. Danger. Danger, Mr. Giles. Back peddle FAST! Buffy was docile as a dove on the phone but face-to-face, she’s a hound dog. Smells fear.

“Really?”

“Rightly so.”

“She seemed perfectly fine after I talked to her that first night and she has been progressing along and all. Seemed she wasn’t scared off or anything. What do you say?”

“Buffy, I cannot lie to you…” Snap. The trap was triggered and Giles was stuck. A figure slowly made it’s way through the back doorway to the Magic Box. It crept towards the door leading to the main store and stopped to listen.

Buffy waved off his next comment. “So then… I ask myself precisely why you insisted that I did not patrol or come here last night. Surely you aren’t trying to turn Katerina against me?”

“It wasn’t like that…”

“Or having ill-equipped people train her with bad positioning and posture.” Giles knew it was coming. There was no explanation he could give her.

“Really? Because I saw the one man I trust with everything… and I mean EVERYTHING… betray me. I would have rather you not even include me in the new slayer stuff if you were going to act this way.”

“I understand that. And I felt horribly about it, especially when I saw that Xander and Willow really didn’t have the fighting stances down anymore, but their heart was in the right place.”

“Right place? Was that before or after to poison Katerina with their prejudices of the past?” Giles looked like a fish out of water as his mouth opened and closed repeatedly. She was definitely a spitfire.

“I tried to stop it…” The figure in the back room didn’t allow Giles to continue. The body moved forward through the open door to reveal her, yet the two were engrossed with their conversation to notice right away.

“You know, since I see you are inept to train her personally and allowed the ill-equipped gang to train her, maybe I should just take over the training. At least she will have a chance to live longer than a week.”

Meanwhile in another part of town…

There was a knock on the door. The prone figure on the bed lifted its head up trying to comprehend the knocking. The semi-alert vampire trudged over to the door fiddling with the different locks and mechanisms on it. Slowly, coming to his senses he finished the task of unlocking the door.

Angel opened the door slowly, not allowing light to hit him. There was a flash of gray as Angel shook his head free of cobwebs. Seeing no one was outside, Angel closed the door and turned back towards the bed. “Peaches, ain’t going to give me a proper greeting?”

“Huh? Spike how’d you get in here?”

“Opened the door, didn’t you?”

Awareness struck Angel over the head like the proverbial anvil. “You’ve gotten faster in your old age, boy. Must be all that slayer blood… Oh, sorry. I forgot… you haven’t bitten her.” Angel’s evil smirk arose. His plan was clicking into place better than what he thought possible. Spike snarled at the comment, but Angel continued. “She’s sweet you know. The best I’ve ever had. Mmmm,” he licked his lips, “Sweet.”

“Shut up, wanker.”

“Or what? Poor wittle Spikey is going to hit me? Go ahead, boy, I think we both know who is going to win. Especially after my little visit with her last night.”

Spike snarled, “The only reason you got me last time was because I was drunk, and you know it!”

“And why were you drunk? Oh yeah, because you had a fight about me. You were jealous about me, and you should be.”

“Shut up!” Spike wanted to hit Angel so bad, but he knew he wasn’t entirely healed from last time. Instead he decided on another tactic. Scaring off Angel wasn’t going to work, but maybe another would. “Tell you what, Peaches, I know nothing happened between you two last night. Point in fact, I know that she rejected your sorry ass.”

“How the hell do you know that?”

“I was there, you ponce. I saw her whip out the stake and threaten you.” The two vampires stood there staring at each other.

Back at the Magic Box…

Willow stood with her chin held high as two pairs of eyes turned to look at her. She heard the fight outside and decided to go through the back. “Buffy it wasn’t like that.”

“Really? Because from my vantage point it was exactly like that.” Buffy stalked over to her friend.

“I know what it sounded like, but you know Xander, he doesn’t give up on an idea until it’s been beaten into the ground.”

“I think Spike has been beaten into the ground… I mean the subject of Spike.” Buffy was pacing, rubbing her forehead with her hand. This separation from Spike was driving her crazy. She understood that he was jealous and he let it get the better of him, but he still locked her out of the room, refusing to let her back in.

“Buffy, we are just worried about you.” Giles interrupted her train of thought.

“Why? If Spike wanted to harm me I would already be dead. He has had plenty of chances.” Buffy was trying to make sense of their objections, but was coming up with nothing. “You two… he came to see you and he didn’t try to hurt you.”

“He wanted information.”

“True, but when he found out you lied to him he didn’t go all ‘grrr’,” she scrunched her face up and made a claw with her fingers in demonstration. “Did he?” Giles nodded. “So I don’t see why you think he is a danger?”

“What if he wants you to fall for him and then BAM!” Trying to stay on task, Willow was grasping at straws. She was starting to have trouble following the reason why the gang thought it would be better for Buffy to be away from Spike. It was true, Spike could have attacked them anything he wanted to, but he didn’t. Willow was having doubts about the plan, plain and simple.

“I already have,” Buffy stated simply. “I love him. More than I ever thought possible.”

“So why aren’t you two staying in the same hotel room?”

Where did she get that piece of information? Her moving out only happened yesterday, there is a mole and her name is Dawn! “We are having a misunderstanding right now. We will resolve it by ourselves.” Buffy headed towards the door. No matter what she said, they weren’t going to listen. They had already convicted Spike of his past crimes.

“But Buffy…” Willow’s whining voice rose, trying desperately to get Buffy to stop and it worked. Buffy stopped midway out of the door and turned around.

“Tell Xander to keep his nose out of my business. If I see him try to hurt Spike or break us up permanently he will see what ‘powers’ a 27 year old slayer has collected through out the past eleven years.” With that Buffy walked out of the Magic Box and headed to her new charge.

Back at Angel’s hotel room… the argument heats up.

“Yeah, but I still got a kiss from her sweet mouth.” Angel knew she struggled the whole time, but he also knew which buttons to push with Spike.

“Only because you caught her off guard.” She pushed him away; really, Spike saw it with his own eyes. Suddenly all his insecurities smashed down on top of him.

“She didn’t seem to mind.” Angel stepped towards Spike, in attempts to intimidate him.

“Oh, I think she did.” The two men glowered at each other just a few inches apart.

“Why did you come here, Spike?” Angel hissed through clenched teeth.

“Warn you, mate… but I don’t want to anymore. I think it will be fun to watch Buffy reject your sorry ass.” Spike stepped around Angel and headed to the door.

Angel had one last parting shot, “Yeah, just like how she will reject you, too!”
~*~*~
Simultaneously…

Spike was in the sewers traveling back to his hotel when inspiration hit him. He turned around and headed in another direction, anxious to win back the heart of the woman he loves.

Buffy was above ground, driving back to her hotel. Katerina was too tired and sore from last night to train. She considered dropping by Revello or Spike’s hotel room but decided that maybe the old saying ‘absence makes the heart grow fonder’ may be right in this instance. Spike knew how she felt, if he wanted to change their situation then he would have to make the first step.

She parked the car outside and headed towards her room, but the concierge stopped her mid way through the lobby. He ran up to Buffy smiling from ear to ear handing over a very elegant envelope. On the front if was addressed in a writing not unlike calligraphy to Miss Elizabeth Summers. She walked over to row of elevators and hit the up button while studying the envelope. In the privacy of the elevator compartment she carefully opened the envelope. She removed the expensive looking paper and opened up the letter inside.

Beauty and love are all my dream;
They change not with the changing day;
Love stays forever like a stream
That flows but never flows away;

And beauty is the bright sun-bow
That blossoms on the spray that showers
Where the loud water falls below,
Making a wind among the flowers.

Elizabeth, I know I am a bad poet, so I will not try to woo you with my words, but the
Sentiments of the author, Andrew Young, seem to fit. I know I over reacted the other night
and am terribly sorry. I hope that my formality of apology does not shock you.
For I look forward to earning your love once again, my precious sun. ~William


Buffy’s eyes started to water when she read the name he refused to use in Hawaii, Elizabeth. She read and reread the letter as the elevator made its slow way to her floor and as she stepped out. Buffy fumbled with the key while trying to stave off her tears. Finally opening the door, Buffy stepped in and looked around. All over the tables were wild exotic flowers that reminded her of home, Hawaii. The aroma drifted around her and filled her senses. On the pillow was an identical envelope; she slowly made her way to the bed to pick the envelope up. She sank her body down on the soft mattress and bedding and opened the second letter up.

Buffy, no matter what I do will not make up for what I have done or the way I have acted recently.
I love you with all that I am and want to see you happy.
You know where you can find me. I love you.
~Spike

Well, he made the first move. Buffy sat on the bed holding her two letters from her love contemplating her next move. They need to work on the issues, but they could prevail if they stayed together and worked on it. On a whim, Buffy picked up the phone and dialed the number of the Radisson. She was connected to the room Spike was staying in, but there was no answer. Instead a voice mail messaging system clicked in. “Spike, I love you. Since you must know where I am at, please call me. I miss you, baby.” She hoped he would get the hidden message that she wasn’t ready to move back, but she wanted to. A smile erupted on Buffy’s face as she looked around at the pink Anthuriums, Orchids of all colors, red Kauai Sunset, purple Birds of Paradise, and a bunch she didn’t know the name of. Spike must have spent a fortune on them. Thinking back Buffy realized that he always made grand gestures. Something to work on. With a wide smile on her face, Buffy headed into the bathroom; ready to relax in the tub.

A/N: The poem Beauty and Love by Andrew Young were found at lovepoetry.com
Visitor by Karbear57
Chapter 12: Visitor

The tall brunette man stepped out from the airplane onto the tarmac of LAX. He blinked at the change of light levels as he made his way to the luggage carrier. He traveled overnight on a red eye to get to his destination. People around him watched as the strange man picked up his luggage and headed towards the car rentals. It was time to head towards the little town called Sunnydale and find out what was going on. Buffy cut off all communication a couple days ago and he KNEW something was wrong. She called at least four times a week, twice that on the weekend, to see how the club was doing. The lack of calls made his senses go wild. Something was wrong and he was going to get down to it.
~*~*~
In the middle of the afternoon, after Buffy’s bath, Katerina called. They set up a meeting time to start weight training away from Giles and the Scoobies. The hotel that Buffy moved to had a full weight room, including aerobic equipment, and stamina equipment. It also boasted of a therapeutic hot tub specifically for the weight room. Buffy couldn’t wait until Katerina came by to start training so she left a message at the front desk with for Katerina that Buffy was in the training room already. She walked into the room that smelled of sweat in a pink and gray spandex workout shorts and matching sports bra. First up was stretching then a little aerobic work. Buffy was in the middle of jumping rope when Katerina walked in the training room. Buffy smiled and finished up her set before setting the rope down.

“Wow, how do you do that?” Katerina asked as Buffy finished.

“Do what? Jump rope?” Buffy shrugged.

“No, I mean yes, but all the fast and fancy twirling like boxers do.”

“It’s an agility thing. You will be able to do it, too.”

“I don’t know about that. I can barely run a mile without getting winded.” Buffy walked over to the wall and did her stretching routine again.

“Sure you will you are a slayer. You just have to tap into the slayer abilities. Once you learn to tap into yourself than jumping rope like that or running 10 miles will be no biggie. Trust me.” Buffy motioned for Katerina to mimic Buffy’s stretches.

“How do I tap into myself?” Katerina walked over beside Buffy and started to repeat her earlier moves.

“It will come in time. Just like the slayer sense A.K.A. spidey sense. It will come, you just have to learn to listen.” Buffy continued to stretch, teaching Katerina some deep stretches. After five minutes Buffy moved over to a set of stationary bikes and motioned for Katerina to take one. “First, we need to build your stamina. I think a solid thirty-minute ride will do. See this gauge? I want you to try to keep it in this area,” Buffy motioned to the gauge that measured MPH. “I know it will be hard, but your body should be able to do it.”

The two slayers spent the day in the training room working on Katerina’s stamina. She was able to peddle for 45 minutes and run on a running machine for 30 more. She also was able to work with more than 100 pounds on the weight training machines. Buffy was pleased at the results, anxious to work more. Katerina was thrilled to find out that not only did she have amazing stamina, but also muscles.
~*~*~*~
The tall lanky man rented a standard size car and made his journey to the only known address he had: 1630 Revello Drive. Hopefully Dawn was home to help him in the search of his best friend, Lizzy. Sam drove through the streets of the deceptively quiet town in search of Revello Drive.

After three trips around the town, he finally found the small street of Revello and went about his task of finding Lizzy’s teenage home. He parked the car on the street outside the house and made his way up the walk to knock on the door.

A bubbly red head answered the door. Sam took a step back, not expecting another to answer the door. “Yes?” She asked irritatedly.

“Is Dawn home?” Her irritate expression fell into a scowl. All the cute guys came for Dawn.

Denise stomped to the steps and screamed, “Dawn, there is someone here to see you.” She left the befuddled man standing on the porch as she stomped her way to the kitchen. Dawn came bounding down the stairs two at a time to see her visitor. She was studying, but was anxious for a break.

“Sam!” She flew into his arms for a hug. “Buffy didn’t tell me you were coming.”

“She didn’t know. I haven’t heard from her in a while so I thought I should make sure she was OK.” Dawn grasped his hand and dragged him inside into the living room.

“Yeah, she is. Fine. The baddies seem to have dispersed for a while. But you know how that goes.” They both sat down. Dawn was sitting in a chair and Sam was sitting on the leather sofa.

“Um, not really. There weren’t many baddies, as in the non-human kind on the island. Just the run of the mill human baddies.” Sam shrugged. He saw Lizzy take care of patrons that were too drunk, but she never totally beat up someone.

“Oh, yeah. Buffy said she didn’t run into many vamps down there. So I am guessing you want to know where Buffy is?” Dawn wasn’t sure how she was going to tell Sam she had no idea where Buffy was staying. She could give Spike’s room, but after the way he left the house to look for her yesterday, it might not be a good idea.

“That would be nice, but we didn’t get a chance to sit and talk last time you were on the island. I miss you, buttons.”

“Awe, stop it, Sam.”

“Can’t help it, you have a cute button nose.” He looked at her adoringly.

The phone rang in the kitchen and Denise yelled, “Dawn, it’s for you.” Dawn excused herself from Sam and walked into the kitchen. Dawn walked back in with a cordless phone and handed it to Sam mouthing ‘It’s Buf.’

“Hello there, Lizardbreath.” She hated that name. Sam is an avid Sunday Morning Comic reader and picked the name up from ‘For Better of Worse.’

“Sam? Oh my god! Why are you at my sisters?”

“Came to check up on you, Lizzy. Can’t a guy check up his best friend when she hasn’t called in weeks?”

“It hasn’t been that long, Sammy.” He gritted his teeth, but didn’t try to strike back. He deserved his hated pet name when he used hers. “So dish, why you here? Going to hook up with my sister finally?” Sam blushed and dusked his head away from Dawn. If she only knew that he had a crush on her.

“Where you at?”

“A hotel in the downtown area called the Sunsetter. It’s nice; do you want me to see if they have any vacancies? I am sure they do.”

“Nah, I already got me a room at the Day’s Inn at the edge of town. What’s the number there? We can get together tomorrow?” The two friends hung up and Dawn got a new piece of information, the hotel Buffy was staying in. The pair sat in the living room, hanging out. Studying was forgotten by one and the possible fate of a friend forgotten by the other.
~*~*~
“I can’t believe she was defending that blood sucker after he left her!” Xander paced around the room in front of Willow. She was sitting in a chair on the far end of the living room. Anya was putting their child to bed in another room.

“He didn’t leave her. They just are having a misunderstanding.” A nagging feeling in the pit of Willow’s stomach was making her try to talk Xander out of his heinous plan.

“How can you say that, he kicked her out!”

“He was jealous! Xander, he has spent the last 6 years wondering the what ifs of their relationship.”

“Like what if he actually raped her?” He threw his arms up in defeat. Willow was trying to talk him out of his brilliant plan.

“Xander, that is in the past. Buffy has moved past that, why can’t you?”

“Look, Willow, are you in or out? That’s what I need to know.” Xander stopped pacing and stopped right in front of Willow. “Are you going to help us save Buffy or not?”

At that moment Anya came back into the room and sat down on the couch. “Save her from what?”

“Ahhhhhhhh!” Xander glared at his wife. “From the bleached undead! I am working with monkeys here!” He yelled at the ceiling.

“Well you don’t have to be nasty about it.” Anya crossed her arms on her chest. “I was asking a simple question and you have to go all name call-y. Well, hear me mister… no orgasms for you tonight!” Anya sat back and smiled to herself. No orgasms for him tonight would teach him well.

“God, Anya. Stay on task! Remember? Saving Buffy from Spike?”

“I don’t see what the big deal is, honey. She seems to be enjoying all her orgasms he gives her and believe me, he is good at that!”

“Oh my God… you did not just say what you just said!” Anya looked at him curiously. What did she just say? “I thought we agreed never to bring that up ever again!”

“Xander, I can’t help that he is good at that! And the fact is that yes, Spike and I had mutually enjoyable sex together. But we moved past that. I don’t see much of a difference.”

“He tried to RAPE her and not to mention all those times he tried to kill us.” Xander couldn’t believe he was surrounded by traitors.

“Since he fell in love with her, when was the last time he tried to kill us?” Willow waited a beat for a non-existent answer. “And Buffy got over the whole bathroom thing, why can’t you?”

“Look, I am not discussing this anymore! Are you two in or not?” Xander stood there waiting for an answer.

“Honey, you know whatever you do, I will support you.” Anya uncrossed her arms and hugged her husband. Xander looked towards Willow and noticed a slight nod of her head.”

“Great! Now, on to the plan and remember… code names only. I called the Mob and they said that the mobsters will be in town to capture ESB. Also, we will need to incapacitate the champion: physically or by distraction.”

“Why can’t you speak in normal terms, you sound like a prophecy?”

“What if someone was listening? They might not know what we were talking about.”

“Xander, you are paranoid.”

“Yeah, but I’m going to save Buffy.” Both Anya’s and Willow’s eyes rolled as Xander continued his conspiracy.
Mob by Karbear57
Chapter 13: The Mob

A black sedan pulled past the ‘Welcome to Sunnydale’ sign. The four occupants nervously went over plans to capture the dangerous vampire. Each man had his own specialty. The driver was the enforcer and planner, able to do much damage to a body in little time. He also was the head honcho for the operation, planning out the best strategies to capture their intended victim. The man next to him was a watcher, one who could stay up for long periods of time to watch a prisoner and make sure they do not escape. The man sitting behind the driver was the torturer; his specialty was to get prisoners to talk. The last man was the trapper, able to capture and secure any prisoner.

The driver drove through the town trying to find a suitable spot to set up camp. Finding a run of the mill hotel, the driver pulled in and went to check in and get the necessary rooms. Coming back with three keys, the man motioned for the rest to get out of the car. Three sets of polished shoes stepped out of the car and started to unload the car. Each carried a black briefcase holding magically enhanced stakes, a bottle of Vatican holy water, and myriad crosses. They made many trips back and forth from the car brining in different weapons and torture devices.
~*~*~
Sam woke up to find a crick in his back. Stretching and yawning, Sam wondered how his back got into that condition. Then he remembered. Dan and him spent all night talking and watching movies. He must have fallen asleep on the couch. He moaned again and moved his body, trying to get more comfortable, but he felt a heavy presence on him. Opening his eyes, he saw Dawn had fallen asleep on top of him, using his chest as a pillow. Sam smiled at the sleeping woman and kissed the top of her head. She was really beautiful. Her mouth was slightly open. Her full bottom lip jutted out just a little, begging for a little nip. Sam felt his jeans get tighter as he became aroused with the vision of the sleeping girl. She stirred a little and snuggled even closer to him. “Hey.” Her eyes popped open when she realized he was awake also.

“Hey yourself,” Sam tried to play it cool, but he never felt like this before, not even with the mother of his child.

“Please tell me I didn’t drool all over you.” She sat up blushing and checked out his shirt for tell tale signs of drool.

“Don’t think so, buttons. But that’s OK.” He said in a sexy voice. He looked down at the young woman still laying partially on him.

“Huh?” She looked dumb founded. Was Sam coming on to her? He had the same look Spike has when he looks at Buffy. Dawn started to do Xander’s Snoopy Dance in her head. “Sam?”

“Huh?”

“When are you going to kiss me?”

Five minutes later the pair on the couch were still kissing.
Sweet Beginnings, Harsh endings by Karbear57
Chapter 14: Sweet Beginnings, Harsh endings

Buffy spent the morning checking her email through her laptop and high-speed connection through the hotel. Most of her messages were SPAM messages promoting ways to increase her penis size. Buffy chuckled and threw those away. She didn’t need them and Spike definitely didn’t need them. Spike. The bleached blonde kept running through her mind. She spent all last night stuck in her room, waiting for him to call, but he hadn’t. She was beginning to worry so she tried calling the Radisson again. He still didn’t answer. Damn Vampire! The sun was out without a cloud in the sky. She wondered where he had gotten to. Dawn hadn’t heard from him, either. At times she thought she felt him in the distance, but when ever she went to look out her window all she saw was the night. Sighing, Buffy went down to the workout room to expend some of her pent up energy. She bandaged up her hand and went to work on the punching bag. She could go over to the Radisson and try to reason with him, but the ball was in his court. Suddenly a thought entered her mind. Damn the court and whose side the ball was in! She quickly disposed of the tape around her knuckles and ran up to her room.

Clean, refreshed, and on a mission, Buffy ran down the steps, refusing to wait for the slow elevator. She ran to her car and jumped in. “I’m coming, baby,” she repeated her mantra all the way to the Radisson. She stopped at the front desk to get a spare key, luckily the attendant remembered her from when they first checked in. She wound her way to the room and knocked three times on the door, listening for movement. No movement. She unlocked the door and stepped inside. Spike was sprawled half naked on the floor near the bed with at least five empty Jack Daniels bottles around him. Her face turned downwards as she watched him in his alcohol-induced coma. Stepping over him, she picked up the bottles and trash. She knelt down beside him and pushed at his shoulder. “Spike, baby, wake up.” No movement except his nostrils flaring. “Come on, sweetie, time to get up.” She really didn’t want to pick him up, but he was giving her no other choice. Reaching down, she managed to get her arm under his thighs and the other under his neck. This wasn’t the best hold to pick him up, but she really didn’t have a choice. Luckily the bed was only a couple feet away. Laying him down, she noticed his skin felt warmer than usual. Going into the bathroom to get a wet washcloth, she noticed the mirror had been shattered with two fist-sized holes starting the many fissures. Shaking her head, Buffy continued to get the damp washcloth and returned to the main room. Spike was still sprawled on the bed where she left him. Buffy sat down next to him and bathed his face with the cool washcloth. His nose twitched as she ran over it. His legs twitched as she ran the cloth over his abdomen. She got up to rewet the cloth and ring it out. Spike opened his eyes as she moved away from the bed. The pain searing through his head and the belief he was dreaming of his girl made him close his eyes once more. She sat back down and began to wash his arms and hands. His body moved to its side and jean-clad legs moved to cradle her form. He was almost balled up in a fetal position around her as she bathed the tender cuts from the mirror on his knuckles.

After she finished her task, she patted his head and moved a stray curl from his forehead. He moaned and snuggled closer to her body. She threw the washcloth on the nightstand and pushed Spike away. He growled as she tried to pry his body from her, but she continued to try to push him so she could lie down next to him. His hand came out and clamped down on her wrist and yanked on it. She tumbled over his body and he moved so he was lying on top of her. His nose nuzzled her throat as he began to purr like he does after sex. She ran her hands down his back in a soothing manner. His tongue snaked out and licked her tender neck flesh and his hold tightened. She wiggled, trying to get comfortable and his purring turned into a loud growl. His forehead turned bumpy and she felt his teeth elongate. Her muscles went stiff, waiting for him to make his move. Buffy lay there wondering if he had any control over the demon and if he was going to bite her.

Instead of piercing her skin, his mouth grazed her jugular and his teeth rested on her neck. He moved his head a little and the sharp teeth lightly cut her skin. At the smell of her blood he began to lap the red liquid up, but not making a move to bite her. Contented that her cuts were clean and healing, his face reverted back to human and began to purr again. “Spike?” She nudged his shoulder. She had slayer strength and all, but the way his body was position, she was getting uncomfortable. “Baby?” He nuzzled her neck deeper. “Honey, why did you get drunk?” She patted his head, playing with the curls at the top.

“Left me,” he mumbled. His body shifted a little, relieving some pressure on Buffy. She sighed and nuzzled his cheek. She looked over at the phone and noticed the light indicating a voice mail message was lit up.

“Why didn’t you check the phone messages?”

“No one loves Spike. No one calls.” He drowsily answered.

“I did, too. I love you Spike.”

“No one loves Spike. He’s evil.” The messages from his brain were starting to get through the alcohol-induced haze.

“I do, too. Spike, wake up!”

“No, Buffy leave Spike if he wakes up.” He shifted again and she finally noticed his erection.

“Stop talking about yourself in third person and wake the fuck up.” She shoved at his shoulder but he held on to her.

“No one loves Spike. They all leave. My Buffy left.”

“Spike, baby, wake up! I can’t talk to you like this,” Buffy pleaded, hoping he would wake up.

“Spike wake up and Buffy go bye bye. No wanna wake up. Spike love Buffy. My Buffy.” He curled his body around her again.

Giving up, Buffy decides to talk to him in the same language that he is talking in. “Buffy needs to talk to Spike or Buffy leaves your dream.”

“No, leave. Buffy no love Spike anymore.” Frustrated and angry at the drunken vampire that kept babbling about no love, she tickled his side, making him giggle like a little child. He rolled over trying to protect his side. Taking the opportunity she rolled the other way, getting away from him.

“Spike, please wake up. Buffy promises not to leave if Spike wakes up.” Spike’s face distorted into a confused way, wondering why her voice moved positions and there was no warm body near him anymore. His arm reached for her, but she evaded it. “Spike, wake up you stupid vampire.”

“Buffy leave, no love Spike.”

“Yes, I do! I need to speak with Spike, baby wake up!” Her answer was nothing. His body relaxed back into a deep sleep. She shook her head and went over to the desk. She wrote a small note: Check the Voice Mail! And set it by the phone. She went back over to the bed and tucked Spike’s body under the covers. Buffy picked up his dirty clothes and went down to the laundry room to wash them. Having put them in the washer, she went back to the room to straighten up a little more. She went into the bathroom and picked up the glass that happened to come down when he punched the mirror. She went back to the laundry room to switch his clothes from washer to the dryer. Satisfied, Buffy got into her rental car and headed to the butchers for some blood.

Coming back, she checked on his clothes and brought the dry ones back. Setting the blood and clothes down, she filled the ice bucket with ice to keep the blood fresh. She folded his jeans and shirts and stacked them on the dresser. Hopefully he would remember his ‘dream’ and know she was the one that helped him out. Shaking her head once more, she left the room
~*~*~
Across the street and under the protection of the ally, a dark figure watched as she ran around the hotel. He followed her from her hotel. He watched her from the lobby of the hotel as she pounded on the bag exerting her excess energy when she stopped and got a funny look on her face. She raced up the stairs near the workout room and raced down them a couple minutes later. He knew where she was going, whom she was going to, but he was powerless to stop her without revealing his position. He could only watch as she entered his room. Now, she was leaving, he knew it.
~*~*~
That night, still no word from Spike. Buffy wondered if all those bottles were from the night before. Sitting on the open windowsill with the phone next to her and chatting with some journalist friends online, Buffy heard a knock at the door. She checked her inner voice and knew it wasn’t a vampire, more specifically: not her vampire. Dragging her tired body to the door she peaked out. Sam was beaming in front of her. “What’s up, Buttercup?” She opened the door and let him in. He looked around at all the flowers and made a low wolf whistle. “Looks like home, what’s the deal?”

“Spike, he sent them.” Buffy shrugged, not wanting to go into it. Sam was like an older brother and very protective of Buffy. She knew if he got wind that Spike and her had a falling out, she was sure he would try to take matters in his own hands.

“Ah, yes. The jealous mea aloha (beloved).” He shook his head and sat down on the couch.

“How… how did you know?” She sat next to him, comfortable with his presence.

“Psychic, you know… Comes with being a big kahuna on the island.” He tapped his forehead and smiled.

“Sha, big kahuna, my ass. More like big pain in the ass.” He scowled at her tormenting. “So why the happy face?”

“Can’t a guy be happy to see his girl?”

“Um, yeah… except I don’t see Jenna here. Seriously, SPILL.” Angry, jealous eyes peered up into her room seeing Buffy and Sam together. A low growl was heard by anyone that might happen to pass. She swatted his shoulder and he dove to tickle her. She squirmed and yelped until she got the upper hand and held him at bay. “For being a big kahuna you don’t seem to have much control. Spill.” He shrugged. “Oh my god…. You have the kissy face. Who have you been kissing?”

“Umbubua,” Sam mumbled. Buffy strained her ear to hear his

“Dawn? Oh you Casanova!” She giggled and bounced on his lap. “I can’t believe you two finally got together!”

“It was nice, you know?” She got off his lap and let go of his wrists to sit back down.

“No, I don’t want to know if it was nice kissing my sister.” She pouted. Down on the street another figure joined the first. The two growled at each other and morphed into their true nature. Fangs are bared fists start flying.

“Seems like she likes to keep one on the side, huh, Spikey?”

“Shut up, Angelus!”

Angel sniffs the air, “And human, too.” Spike growled and launched himself at his sire. Angel stepped aside and Spike flew past.

“Not drunk, tonight, bloody poof. Come and get me.” Spike was dancing on the tips of his toes, waiting for Angel to strike.

“You know.” Angel launched himself at Spike. “She should be with a human.” Punch to Spike’s gut. “Walk in the sunlight.” Kick to the legs. “Eat together.” Spike went into a barrel roll. “Get married.” Punch to Spike’s head. “Have babies.” A quick succession of punches to Spike’s stomach. “You know, everything you can’t do. Everything normal.” Angel backed off a little, getting ready for another barrage of hurtful words and fists when Spike launched his own body toward his Sire.

Spike kicked Angel’s feet out from underneath him. He straddled the large body and started to punch Angel’s face. “She isn’t normal you twit.” He pounded down on Angel’s chest. “She doesn’t want to be normal.” Angel struggled under the intensity of Spike’s attack. “She just wants to be happy.” Angel bucked his hips, throwing Spike off balance and ending his tirade of punches. “Why can’t you blokes see that?”

“Happy with you, my boy?” Angel moved over to Spike to continue his attack. “Who would be happy with you? A pathetic excuse for a vampire, I’d say. I should have left you to die when Drusilla couldn’t finish your turning. Neutered by a chip, forced to be the Slayer’s toy.” Angel laughed before he continued his punches. “Falls in love with the Slayer and follows her around like a lost puppy dog. But didn’t you do that before? Yeah, you followed Dru around, too. Lost little lamb, she used to call you, wasn’t it?” Spike threw Angel off for just a second so he could attack back. Spike rammed his whole body into Angel’s gut, propelling both about five feet away. “She’ll never be happy with you, Spike.” Angel punched Spike’s jaw hard, throwing him off. “They never are happy with you.” Angel hopped up and went over to Spike and kicked his prone body on the ground. “You aren’t good enough.” Another hard kick to Spike’s abdomen. “They always come back to me.” Angel grabbed a fist full of Spike’s hair and punched, knocking Spike out. The last thought Spike had before blackness took him was of Buffy in the sand.
Revelations by Karbear57
Chapter 15: Revelations
Dawn knew something was going on. Willow hasn’t called or stopped by in days. Anya hasn’t called for a quick baby sitter lately. Dawn knew something was going on, she smelled a rat and thy name is Xander. Dawn was sitting in class trying to pay attention to the lecture, but she found her thoughts were turning more and more towards Xander and his unhealthy obsession with Spike hating. The professor wrapped up the class and dismissed everyone thirty minutes early. Most of the class went to work on their senior projects, but Dawn decided to do some reconnaissance. She flung her backpack into her car and sped away towards the Magic Box. If anyone was going to crack it would be Anya, and Anya wouldn’t even know she was talking before she spilled the beans. Dawn smiled slyly as she parked the car outside and headed towards the shop. The bell rang indicating a new customer and Anya looked up from her current customer. Anya smiled and waved and went back to collecting her precious money. After the customer left Dawn spoke up, “Hey ya, Anya!”

“Good afternoon, Dawn. Can I interest you in a monkey’s paw?” Anya seemed jumpy, not quite comfortable.

Dawn shook her head and sat down at the table near the back. No other customers were in the shop, so Anya came over. “How’s the kid?”

“Doing great, but is a drain on finances. Are you sure you don’t want a monkey’s paw? Some believe they grant wishes. Only thirty dollars, a real bargain for wishes.”

Dawn snorted, “Yeah, wishes like vengeance demons. I read the book, the wishes never come out like the wisher wants.”

“Oh, too bad.” Anya shrugged and started to straighten some of the shelves.

“Where’s Giles?” Dawn wanted to make Anya comfortable.

“Spending the day researching. He’s worried it’s been too quiet. First there was that influx and then nothing. He was researching here until I told him I wasn’t paying him to do research.”

“You don’t pay him.”

“He said that, too. But it’s my store. He signed papers.” Dawn shrugged. It was an old argument. The shop was Anya’s but Giles still had privileges. Whenever Anya got a little defensive, she would send him away. “Why are you here, don’t you have class?”

“My 2:00 o’clock was canceled and I was let out early for my morning class. I was just wondering if I did something wrong, you haven’t had me watch the squirt lately.”

“Oh, that. No, you didn’t do anything wrong. We’ve just been… busy. You know how that goes.”

“Yeah, with all the money making and all the shaking.”

“No shaking. No orgasms. Am I ugly?” Dawn thought: Woe, change of subject and mood awfully quick.

“What?”

“Xander, he hasn’t touched me since she came back to town. I haven’t had any Xander induced orgasms. What is it with him and Buffy?” Dawn shrugged. “She hasn’t given him a hint she ever wanted more than friendship. Why is he obsessed with her?” Dawn got up and patted Anya’s shoulder. “Yeah, she’s hot. Really hot. Have you noticed she doesn’t look as old as us? I bet she still gets carded. I mean, Xander has gray hair. I bet Willow would too, if she didn’t do Miss Clairol every other month.” Dawn shook her head at the ex-vengeance demon ranting. “You are even beginning to look older than her. Face it Dawn, we are getting old.”

“Speak for yourself, my breasts are still perky!” Dawn gasped and put her hand over her mouth, not believing what just flew out of it.

Anya looked irritated for a second and then her face changed back to discontentment. “Yeah, I also am a mother that breast fed. After you pop out one or two we will see your perky breasts.”

Dawn snickered, thinking of ways to get her back on Xander’s obsession with Buffy. That topic seemed more interesting than perky breasts. “So, been a while? What does Xander have to say about this?”

“Nothing, he’s too busy with his stupid plan.” Anya’s eyes got really big when she realized what she just said.

“Anya, what is Xander planning?”

“For work, you know.”

“Uh huh, sure. He gave up sex with you for plans at work? I don’t think so. Spill.”

“It’s stupid, really.” She thought about telling Dawn about the plan to get Spike away from Buffy for a minute or so. “Actually, it probably would be good for you to know so you can stop him and I can have my orgasms again. Promise not to tell him I told you?” Dawn nodded her head. Now, she was getting somewhere. “He called Quentin Travers.” Dawn gasped. “A sweeper team was sent here.”

“Like the one they sent after Faith/Buffy? Are they going to kill him?”

“I think so, but… they are going to bring him to England.”

“What?”

“From what Xander said, the council has taken some pointers from the Initiative.”

“You got to be kidding me!” Dawn was dumb founded. In all her ‘few’ years on this plane of existence she never heard of something so wrong. “So Xander set it up so they take Spike and experiment on him?”

“Yeah. Actually there is more.” Anya looked sheepish. “He is going to make it look like Buffy set it up.”

“What?” Anya went on about the details of Xander’s plan. “And you and Willow are helping him?”

“At first, when it was just to protect Buffy, but now… it’s different. I think he’s gone off the deep end. That’s why I am telling you,” Anya confessed. “you’ve got to tell Buffy.”
~*~*~
Spike was coming into consciousness. His head hurt. The first thing he knew was that he was on something soft. Spike tried to think of the previous night. He was with his friend, Jack Daniels There were many Jacks around the previous night. Spike groaned and flipped over onto his back. He could have sworn that he passed out on the floor, but then he had the dream about her. Since Buffy left, Spike has taken to sleeping anywhere BUT the big bed in the middle of the room. Breathing in sharply out of habit, Spike smelled her. She was close. As fast as his partially inebriated body would allow, Spike stood -up and looked around. The place was clean once again. All the bottles that he consumed were in the trash. On the dresser, his clothes were clean and folded. Spike went into the bathroom and looked around. The mirror was still broken from where he punched it last night in a fit of rage. His attempt at romancing Buffy didn’t work. In fact, she ignored his efforts. The glass on the floor and counter were cleaned up, she must have been here a long time and taken great care to straighten up.

Spike walked back into the main room and noticed an ice bucket with packets of blood. Going over, he noticed the ice barely melted. She was just here and he missed it and it wasn’t a dream. Sighing, Spike sat on the bed in resignation until something caught his vision. The phone had a red light and a piece of paper in front of it. He read the note and smiled. Spike picked up the phone to access the messages. “Spike,” he could hear the smile in her voice, “I love you.” Ah, such a sweet sound. “ Since you must know where I am at, please call me.” After a pause, “ I miss you, baby.” She did call. The voice mail person said she called right after the flowers and letter were supposed to be delivered. He made himself out to be a sodding wanker last night for nothing and she came here in hopes of reconciliation. Boy, did he blow it. Spike groaned in loathing for himself, he flopped down in bed, staring at the ceiling. “You are such a sodding wanker! She was here, you git!” Spike hopped up with a plan forming in his head. He couldn’t wait until sunset.

Spike groaned again, not in hatred but in pain. The first thing he noticed was that he couldn’t move his arms or legs. Second thing he discovered was that he was vertical and leaning against a hard surface. Third thing was the reason he couldn’t move his arms and legs was because he was chained to a wall. Spike was afraid to open his eyes in fear of what he would see. Who he would see. But, being difficult like he was, Spike did open his eyes and immediately closed them.

Angel was standing in front of him with a wicked grin on his face. “Let’s get this started, boy.”
~*~*~
“He is what?” Buffy was outraged. Dawn took the phone away from her ear when Buffy screamed.

“Anya said that there is a sweeper team in Sunnydale looking for Spike to take him back to England for experiments.”

“And why would Anya supply this information?”

“She’s mad at him. He hasn’t performed… his… husbandly duties since this all came up… you know how Anya thinks.”

“Uh, yeah. And he wanted to set me up so it looks like I set him up?”

“That is the gist.”

“So if he ever escaped he would go after me?” Buffy rubbed her forehead in an attempt to stave off a headache that was forming.

“And then you would dust him. Leave it to Xander.” Dawn shrugged. Xander definitely went too far this time.

“Oh, I am going to kill him!”
There's something ab out Spike by Karbear57
Chapter 16: There’s something about Spike
A/N: Character death

Buffy pounded on the door. It shook and shook like it was going to break. “Come out you piece of worm shit!” In the back of her mind, Buffy knew he probably wasn’t home, but she was mad. Spike was missing. She stopped by the hotel and he was nowhere to be seen. The voice mail was picked up since the red light was now not lit and the blood was consumed. Buffy resigned herself and left the hotel in search of the bleached vampire.

Next stop: Xander’s work. She stepped on the work site with the obligatory hard hat in search of the worm shit. She recognized some of the workers from her half-day stint as construction queen. They ignored her as she continued her search. After two trips around the work site, Buffy’s anger increased. Xander was not there. Huffing, she headed to the Magic Box.

Kicking the door open, Buffy entered with her usual grace. Anya jumped and searched for a place to hide. “Where is that piece of worm shit that you call your husband?” Anya looked at the customers running to the door, eager to leave.

She sighed, “I haven’t seen him since last night.”

“I think you have. Why are protecting that fucking asshole?” Anya raised her eyebrows. Buffy never used to talk this way.

“I’m not, that’s why I told Dawn. I wish I wasn’t involved.”

Buffy gasped, “You wish huh? That’s interesting. Where is he?” Buffy stalked over to the counter Anya was behind.

“I don’t know. Really, I don’t.” Buffy turned around and left the Magic Box through the front door. Just then, Xander was entering the Magic Box through the back.
~*~*~
“Sweeper team? Are you sure?” Giles rubbed his glasses with his handkerchief.

“That’s the story I got. You haven’t heard this yet?”

“No… Xander… did not inform me… I sincerely did not know.”

“Relax, Giles. I believe you. Anya said it was Willow, her, and Xander planning. Xander mostly. Do you know where a sweeper team might hold up?”

“An unassuming hotel maybe. Abandoned building? If they have Spike, they probably drugged him.”

“Giles, what am I going to do?” Buffy slumped on the couch with her head in her hands.

“Can you feel him?”

“Huh?”

“Can you feel him? He mentioned something about you being a mate?” Giles sat down next to Buffy.

“Um, well. We discussed it. We decided we weren’t ready, yet.”

Giles pushed out the breath he was holding. “Good, good.”

“Why is it good?”

“The situation gets, uh… sticky.”

“What do you mean?”

“Let’s not discuss… this… now. When we find Spike we can discuss it.”

“OK, why did you ask if I could feel him?”

“Part of the mating, feeling each others emotions and thoughts.”

“Huh, really?” Buffy feigned ignorance, but she actually read about vampire mating recently on the Internet. She deduced a lot of it was speculation and exaggeration. “Back on topic. Where would a sweeper team keep Spike?”

“I don’t know. Are you sure they have him?”

“All I know is that they rolled into town yesterday and now he is missing.”
~*~*~
He slowly came into consciousness again. The burns on his chest were healing into a reddish pink scar. His ribs ached, all but a few broken with mistreatment. There were three holes in his gut where Angel bored metal rods into his body. Spike’s legs no longer had the strength to carry his weight. His arms were stretched taunt from the manacles attached to the wall. His shoulders ached. Barely able to open his eyes, Spike saw his sire whittling a piece of wood into a stake. “Who are you, boy?”

Spike opened his mouth, but no sound came out. Angel crushed his Spike’s windpipe a couple hours ago when Spike didn’t answer the way Angel wanted him to. Instead of sound, Spike breathed, “No one.”

“Do you deserve her?” Angel got up from the chair and stalked over to bloodied and beaten body of Spike. The prisoner shook his head negatively. “Do you want her?” The head nodded and Angel growled. Throwing a punch at Spike’s head, Angel also kneed Spike between the legs. “She doesn’t want you. Doesn’t need you. She hates you. You are a monster. Beneath her.” The words were falling on deaf ears, Spike had lost consciousness once more.
~*~*~
Buffy crept along the deserted building. The night sky held no stars or moon. It was devoid of any light or miracle. The night air felt heavy and made it hard for Buffy to breathe. She went through the cemeteries, beating and killing any unfortunate demon that crossed her path and didn’t know anything about the whereabouts of Spike. She was surprised that Angel didn’t follow her. She knew he had been hanging around lately.

Buffy smiled at the irony that Angel tried to stay far enough away from her so she wouldn’t feel his presence, but knowing that as she got older she also got stronger. Her first discovery of the fact was when she lived in New York. She could run faster and jump twice as high as she used it. Buffy called Giles immediately to tell him of her discovery. Giles made a trip to New York on the premise to visit but it really was to test her new powers. It turned out every anniversary of her being chosen she gained stronger powers. At the present time, she was doubly as strong as she was when she was 15. Her slayer/spidey sense now included other varieties of harmful demons and had increased its range threefold. She never shared this information with anyone but Giles. Even the council had no idea of her increased abilities.

She received a tip that someone or something was being tortured in an abandoned building down by the docks. And the tip came from the ultimate snitch… Willy. He even provided the information without payment: monetary or fist wise. She continued to lurk around the building trying to hear noises. Coming to the front entrance she felt it. Felt HIM. Strongly. Suddenly afraid for him, she burst through the door. She ran to where she knew he was. Weaving around crates of old cargo, Buffy made her way to the back.

Nothing could have prepared her for the image she ran into. At least ten times worse than what Glory left him. His face was barely recognizable as a face. His hair was matted with blood and a dark substance like grease or oil. His eyes were swollen shut. His nose was at least twice as large with a big bump on his bridge. His lips were cut and bloodied. He vamped out as soon as she neared him. The formation of ridges on his swollen head made him groan, but the elongation of his teeth made him howl in pain.

He was straining from the wall, trying to break the bonds that held him semi-upright. He growled a deep warning as she neared. His arms were red with blood leaking from where the manacle held him. His chest didn’t move like he usually made it move. His legs tried to make him stand, but they failed.

Buffy moved closer and his growl intensified. “Shhh, baby. I’m here.” His growl continued. “Buffy’s here, Spike. I’m going to take care of you.” His growl deepened, yet was not as loud as it was. “Shh, I’m here. I’ll take care of you.” She stepped forward and his growl decreased in volume. “God, what did they do to you?” His growl intensified. She was so busy trying to figure out how to help him, she didn’t hear the front door opening or feel the demon that entered. “Ok, baby. I’m here. They wont hurt you anymore.” She dug out her cell phone. “Yeah, it’s me. I found him. Not of the good. We need blood, lots of it. Human preferably… the hospital… I don’t care, steal it… O Neg is his favorite, but any will do… You don’t want to know… trust me, it isn’t pretty… Thanks, Dawn.” Buffy hung up the phone. Spike’s growls became louder the longer she was on the phone. “Shh, baby. Let’s get you out of this.” She moved closer to inspect the chairs that held him. Spike moved his head towards her and tried to reach out his head, snapping his teeth at her arm. “Spike, stop it. I’m trying to get you free.” She reached up, careful of his teeth still trying to nip at her. She tugged the chain and it let go of his right hand. She silently thanked the powers for her increased power. She moved over to the other one and Spike roared. Buffy stepped back, but his noises were still becoming louder and fiercer.

“I think he wants you to go away.” A dark voice from the shadows announced.

Buffy turned around at the sound of the voice and strained her eyes to see. “Who are you, what have you done to him?”

“Nothing he didn’t deserve, isn’t that right, boy?” Spike’s growl increased again. His free arm tugging on the chains that held his other.

“Angel?” Buffy remembered that voice. It sounded more like Angelus. He used the same voice when he visited her at her hotel. “How could you?” Spike gave up trying to free his arm when he heard her voice again, instead, he blindly reached for her. Coming up empty he growled and continued his search for her being.

“He took what was mine.” Angel stepped out of the shadows into the light. He was covered in blood and Buffy suspected it was Spike’s blood.

“Yours?” She sidestepped Spike’s latest attempt to grab her. “What the hell did he take? Your tinker toy?”

Angel roared with laughter. “You, my precious girl, are the most naive one I have ever met. You are mine, always and forever. He chose to disregard my claim and therefore he is paying for that insolence.”

“Oh my god, do you listen to yourself or do you let the shit just fly out of your mouth. I told you I am not property and if I was I am not your property.” Spike growled as Angel moved closer.

“Oh yes, you are, my dear. And I will show you that fact, just like I showed Spikey.” Angel moved closer.

“Stay away, Angel. I am going to take Spike and we are leaving.” She looked up into Angel’s cold eyes. The life that used to flicker underneath his lashes was gone. She only saw darkness and evil.

“I love you, Buffy.” He moved closer and Spike roared.

“I loved you, but I am not in love with you. Please just walk away.” Angel was now only a few feet from her.

“Tsk, tsk, my dear girl. You will see.” She stared into his eyes, knowing what he was about to do but unable to move. “Now, be a good girl and come here.” She was helpless to not do what he said. She slowly moved closer to him. “See, you are my girl.” He smiled and changed into his demon form. “Now move your hair off your neck and tilt.” Spike roared angrily as Buffy did as Angel commanded. With renewed strength, Spike desperately fought against the last chain holding him in place. Angel moved in and kissed her neck tenderly. Tears escaped Buffy’s eyes. Ever since she was chosen, her greatest fear was turning into a vampire and now Angel meant to make her one. Angel took one last look at Spike and his actions of trying to escape and sneered. “See, she wants me boy, not you. You are nothing. Nobody. Beneath us.” Angel went back to Buffy’s neck and kissed her again. Her body was racked with sobs. “Shhh, Buff, I’ll take care of you. Give you all that you deserve.” Her skin began to give way to his sharp teeth.

Spike managed to grab the back of Buffy and pull her away just as Angel started to bite. He growled and brought Buffy closer to his body. He was wearing the demon visage as he encircled her waist and hugged her. He ripped his bound arm down, breaking the links of the chain. His head went down to the marks Angel barely made. His tongue snaked out and licked her wound. He growled and pushed Buffy away. She flew through the air and landed soundless about thirty feet away in dark shadows of the cargo. She looked back and saw Spike had Angel by the neck. The next thing she knew was dust floating around Spike and Angel was gone. He grunted and looked around for her. She stood up and faced him as he crept towards her position.

Spike fell to his knees in front of her. His arms encircled her waist. She stood there with the brutally beaten vampire holding on to her like a lifeline. She petted the top of his head, careful to miss the bruises. The wounds on his torso were still bleeding quite heavily and her pants were getting bloody because of it. She looked down and tried to comfort him. Spike looked up at his saving angel and sunk his teeth into her belly, drinking her comfort.
Broken Parts by Karbear57
Chapter 17: Broken Parts
A/N: FYI: A violent scene is coming up

Somehow Buffy got Spike out of the warehouse. Every time she tried to extricate herself from his tight grasp he would howl, growl, or whimper. He had long since stopped drinking her blood, and just content to lick and nuzzle his bite marks. Spike still hadn’t said a word and was still in his demon face. She resigned herself to carrying his body to safety as dawn was approaching in the next hour. She made her way to his hotel room, thinking less people would see and care that she was carrying a growling vampire into a room. She set Spike down so she could unlock the door, but he growled like an animal at her. He slid down to the floor and grabbed her legs, toppling her over. Passer bys got a memorable image with Buffy sprawled face first with ass sticking straight up over Spike’s bloody clothes and body. Spike in turn had stopped growling as he held Buffy down.

Pushing on her arms, Buffy straightened herself up, but still was captured by Spike’s strong arms. “Alright, you vamp. Had your fun, now let me up.” He released her and started his low growl again. She scooted away on her knees and unlocked the door. Once again, Spike grabbed Buffy around the waist and brought her down on his lap. He hissed as she rubbed against his injuries that now were healing a little bit. “Alright, Spike. Let me up again.” He didn’t release her. “Baby, please. We need to get you inside.” He looked at her questioning and his growl increased. “Please?” She puffed out her lips in a pout. His growling decreased and let go of her waist. She grabbed his hand and dragged him inside of the room and closed the door.

Immediately Spike began to increase his growling. She looked around and then at him, not understanding. “What is it, baby?” His growls began to turn into howls and he walked over to the nightstand. He picked up the phone and threw it against the wall. Buffy stood there, unbelieving of the pissed off vampires actions. Liking the destruction, Spike continued to destroy any object he could get his hands on. “Come on, Spike, stop it.” She tugged at his arm as he reached for the table lamp, trying to get him to stop. “Baby, put the lamp down.” He shrugged her off and continued the carnage. He upturned the table and chairs as Buffy approached again. “OK, this is getting old.” She grabbed his arms in a bear hug, trying to restrain him. His wounds on his torso opened up again. Walking up, Dawn heard the noises coming from the room and wondered what was happening, she knocked when it got quieter. “Dawn?” Buffy struggled with the pissed off vampire in her arms.
“Yeah, it’s me and I got the stuff.” Dawn stood outside the hotel room moving her weight from foot to foot in anticipation. Buffy told her Spike needed lots of blood, which meant that he was seriously injured.

“Um, I can’t come to the door right now. Just open it and come in. Oh and be careful… there’s a mess.”

Dawn opened the door and saw a messed up Buffy holding an equally messed up Spike. He started to growl loudly at Dawn as she opened the door and came in. She had a tight grip around Spike as he struggled to get free. He teeth were bared with his eyes cold and calculating, yet he was reaching for Dawn. “What… what is going on?”

“I don’t know. All I know is Spike here is all growl-y and once we got in here he started to throw any object he got his hands on.”

“Why is he hissing like that?”

“I don’t know, maybe the blood?” She indicated with a nod of her head at the microwave. “Please… he’s lost a lot of blood, I don’t know how much more he can lose.”

Dawn nodded and went over to the microwave to heat some bags she stole from the blood bank in the hospital. Spike growled fiercely as Dawn moved around the room, preparing his meal. Once heated, she opened the bag and dumped it in a mug next to the little kitchenette. Buffy dragged Spike back and got a more secure hold. “Grab a straw, Dawn, I don’t want your hands near his fangs. I don’t know what is going on in Spike’s head. But I don’t think it is of the good.” Dawn nodded and grabbed a straw. She walked over to the couple and Spike’s growls became louder. He raised his upper lip in a sneer as Dawn neared. When she was within three feet, Spike began to buck and twist trying to get free. “Shhh, Baby. Shhh. It’s all right. Dawn won’t hurt you.” Buffy tried to soothe Spike and it seemed to work. His struggling and growling decreased at her voice. Dawn came forward and offered the straw to Spike.

~*~*~
Dawn left shortly after his first feeding because Spike started to get agitated when she would step any closer to him than five feet. Buffy spent the day trying to get Spike to not tear the hotel room apart. She held him in a bear hug a lot. At times she had to straddle him on the floor until his fit of anger finished. Buffy realized that Spike was acting similarly to the way Angel acted when he came back from the hell dimension. His noises were more gutteral and animalistic than Angel’s, but he still was incoherent and territorial. She also realized he was not growling at her but the situation, or trying to hurt her. Except for when he bit her stomach and barely drank from her, he had not attempted to bite her again. She was surprised at that revelation because if anything would make him heal, it would be her enhanced blood, yet after a tiny taste he had not attempted to drink her blood.

Ten empty blood bags later and a very messy bath, Spike fell into a fitful sleep. Buffy sat on the bed with Spike’s head pillowed on her stomach. She was running her hands through his now soft and clean hair that seemed to soothe him during his worst tantrums. She looked down at his beaten face. His body started to heal after the third blood bag, and, although the bruises were evident, the wounds on his torso had closed up and were no longer bleeding.

Buffy looked around at the mess and decided that this was not the place to keep Spike. She had no idea what Angel did to him, but she intended to fix him. Buffy reached over to the phone and called Dawn. “Yeah, it’s me… I don’t know… he isn’t growling anymore… since about noon… I don’t think this is a good place for him… too many things he can throw… yes, he is still throwing objects… sleeping right now… can you clean out the basement? I will pay for all your roommates to get rooms at the Sunsetter if you want… Please?… I am not going to play the ‘I pay for the mortgage’ card, but I do, you know… Thanks, Dawnie… Oh, can you pick up more blood from the bank? I know we can’t take too much, but he still needs it to heal. I don’t know what Angel did… I guess I will become the bank then… I am not asking you to do it… I am sure he will appreciate it when he comes to… he will come to… thanks, I will be over there shortly after sunset.” Buffy hung up and called a different number. “It’s me… I found him this morning… Sorry to worry you, but this is the first time I have gotten the opportunity to call… Angel… I know… I couldn’t believe it either… Giles? He’s bad off… like Angel from Hell only worse… No, he isn’t trying to hurt me… he seems to be comforted when I touch him when he gets agitated… I am going to move him to the house… he’s destroyed almost the whole place. He even kicked the TV, luckily that didn’t break… Could you get some blood? I think he needs human and Dawn already got a bunch from the blood bank. She pretty much wiped them out… Yeah, I am going to get him over there and settled then come over here and settle up the bill… I guess over two thou of damage… Don’t worry, he can afford it…Yes, it turns out he has some money, that pig... Thanks… Bye.” Buffy hung up the phone for the second time and looked down at the quiet vampire. Instead of seeing his peaceful, yet bruised face, she saw two very confused, very intelligent, and very vibrant blue eyes. She blinked and sighed, “Spike, I know you are in there. Please, baby come back to me. I need you.” She smiled slightly, trying to make him more at ease. The vampire blinked at her words, trying to decipher what she said. He gave his trademark grin like he understood and cooed. Buffy was shocked, never, not even when they were having their illicit love affair did he ever make a sound that even resembled a coo. It was nothing like his purr, but she figured it symbolized something similar.

Spike brought his hand up to her face, brushing his fingers against her cheek in a soothing manner. She smiled into his palm and he cooed some more, happy that he was giving his saving angel some comfort. She smiled down and brushed her fingers across the planes of his face. He breathed in, taking in her familiar scent. Something about her scent made his mind feel less muddled and at peace, and sometimes it stopped the voices in his head. At first in the warehouse, the voices were quite quiet. He was strung up by his arms and badly beaten by the devil, they just whispered in the back of his head. Every once in a while they would scream, “Nothing, no one, beneath her.” Then his saving angel swooped down and freed his arm from its confines. The devil came and grabbed his saving angel, meaning to do her harm. He knew that he had to save the angel or he would never be saved. The voices got louder after he was freed an in the safe arms of his saving angel and as day break approached. “You don’t deserve love.” When they got into the room the voices got overwhelming, causing great pain in his head. He tried everything to make them stop. “You are nothing, boy. Do you really think she loves you? You don’t deserve her love, monster.” His angel tried to hold him down. Get him to stop throwing things, but he needed to throw things. It made the voices quieter. She was saying something. Her mouth was moving, yet he only heard incoherent noise. She smiled sweetly and he felt his chest constrict with need. He needed her to smile, to be happy. Now she was moving. The voices in his head started up again. “Monster!” He whimpered and she stopped moving and look down at him. He turned towards her and hugged her waist. The voices quieted down again as he settled his head against her soft stomach.

Buffy stopped moving off the bed when she heard his strangled whimper. He immediately wrapped his arms around her torso and buried his head in her stomach. She drew her fingers threw his hair. He settled down and she sat back. “Spike, we have to get up and go to the house. This isn’t a good place for us right now.” He nuzzled her belly button, just like he used to while making love. Buffy felt the familiar stirrings in her lower regions, but tried to squash the desire. Spike sniffed and a low purr started. He moved his head closer to the source of the intoxicating smell. Buffy clamped her thighs together willing the intense feelings away, but Spike had other ideas. She felt his growing erection against her leg and she said, “Even like this, its all he thinks about.” Buffy chuckled and his head popped up from breathing in her aroused scent. She looked down into those questioning eyes and shook her head. He growled deep and she shook her head again. This wasn’t the time to be intimate. She moved away, holding Spike in his place on the bed. “No, Spike, we can’t. We have to get to the house. Come on, let’s go.” He growled again. “No, Spike. Come on, behave.” He shook his head and reached for her. He grabbed her waist and brought her back to the bed.

She let him pull her back just because she didn’t want to make him upset. With his wounds healing, he was also becoming stronger. She didn’t want to have to fight him to get him to the house. Hopefully she could persuade him. He was nuzzling her stomach and crotch, bringing her desire forward. She gasped as she felt his cold tongue running around and inside her belly button. Buffy squirmed, trying to extricate herself from the bed, but Spike’s arms were encircling her. She reached down and cupped his chin, bringing his head towards hers. She brought his mouth down to hers. Fireworks exploded behind her eyes as their lips touched. His lips crashed down after the initial contact. His cock strained against the fabric of his jeans, begging for release. Blindly, he moved his kisses to cover her face, trying to consume her beauty.

He ground his pelvis against hers, driving both bodies insane. “Spike, we shouldn’t,” she was speaking again and he had no idea or any want to understand her communication at the moment. His hands moved up and down her body with want. “We should wait until you are better.” He stopped his sloppy kisses to peer down at his saving angel. Even though he didn’t understand her words, he saw it in her eyes: worry, want, wanton desire, all rolled up into one. He nodded his head and went back to her mouth. His tongue violently plunged down into hers making her cry out. His hands found her breasts and he squeezed the sensitive globes fiercely. His cock grew longer as pre-cum oozed out of his slit, coating his dickhead and jeans. Trying to find the friction he knew would bring him release he started to dry hump Buffy’s leg. “Ahhh, stop!” Spike raised his face again to look at her. He saw in her eyes fear and confusion. Spike nuzzled Buffy’s face trying to figure out why the change of moods. His pelvis was moving on its own volition, up and down, grinding hard and harder.

Buffy grabbed the back of Spike’s head trying to get his attention. He looked up again and his humping slowed down. “Spike, please, baby.” He titled his head to the side and looked questioningly. His lower region told him to continue with his task to make him feel better, yet something in his head told him to stop. His body responded to the mixed signals and slowed down. Buffy took his hand off her breast and kissed his palm. “Sweetie, I get that you want me. Mr. Big Bad,” she raised her hips to come in contact with what she was talking about, “is making that loud and clear, but sweetie slow down.” It occurred to Buffy that at this point, Spike wasn’t going anywhere until he finished with his mission and gave totally in. She moved his hand back to her breast and moved his hand in a gentle circular way. “See, no need to grab.” Her nipple started to bud, pressing itself into his hand. Spike felt the difference and looked down at the breast. He took his hand away and looked at the hardened pebble on top of her breast. He moved to the other and duplicated the movement she showed him. To his pleasure, he got the same response.

Spike brought his mouth down to the unoccupied, yet clothed, breast and began to lick and suck at the peak. A deep moan came from Buffy as Spike’s tongue encircled her sensitive peak, his hand massaged her other breast and his lower region was dry humping hers. She flipped them over and towered above him. Spike whimpered at the loss of his new suck toy, but stared up as she took her shirt totally off. His hands flew to her bra-covered breasts and began to knead them again. Her hips started to undulate on their own accord, grinding down on his desire. She mewed as his hands squeezed her breasts and his pelvis thrust up. She looked down at his almost perfect face, barely any evidence of the previous night’s torture. His wide blue eyes looked up at her with such love and devotion, she almost forgot that he was broken. Buffy lean down to capture his mouth. He let go of her breast and brought his hand to the back of her head, holding it to his. Their tongues parried with each other as his need grew. She pulled away slightly to give the indication of taking off the rest of their clothing, but Spike misinterpreted her action and growled. “Shh, baby. Gotta take off the rest.” His tongue snaked out and licked her cheek from chin to eyebrow. “Oh my god, baby, I want you so much… never be without you again.” She knew she was babbling, but the things he was doing with his mouth and tongue was driving her over the edge.

Buffy managed to unbutton and unzip both their pants before she tried to wiggle out of hers. He watched as she took both the pants and underwear off in one action. He breathed in her intoxicating scent and his body took over again. He grabbed her as she was finishing taking off her bra, throwing her to the bed, but he missed. She fell on the dirty floor, littered with the product of his angry tantrums. He quickly shimmied out of his own pants and mounted her on the floor. She opened her legs as he approached and arched her back as he entered. His long length slid in and her muscles welcomed his cock. Spike pulled back and thrust hard again. His hard rhythm continued, driving Buffy hard into the floor next to the bed. She arched up, changing the penetration angle. Spike looked down with his stormy blue eyes and watched as her body responded to his. Her eyes closed with sweat beading on her forehead. Her mouth was forming a perfect O and her breathe coming out ragged and fast. Her neck arched up with perspiration pooling in the little indentation near her collarbone. Her breasts bounced up and down every time he slide in and out of her wet, hot passage. Spike grinned, knowing her was making her body respond. His head dipped down, licking up the sweat on her neck. Buffy’s body tightened up as she felt him move towards her neck. She remembered the discussion near the pool about sex and biting. She thought to herself: is this it? Is the demon in charge? Will it hurt? Will she be able to move him to the house? What if a maid came in tomorrow and she was incapacitated? Would Spike attack, trying to protect himself and me? All the thoughts entered her brain at the same time, making her stiffen. Spike felt the change of her body and stopped lapping up the sweet sweat. He looked up into her eyes and saw the confusion and fear. Drawing up, he stopped thrusting, confused at her expression and fear.

Spike cocked his head to the side as he looked down. Buffy opened her eyes, looking up at her lover’s face. She reached up and caressed his face. Spike nuzzled her hand as she moved it down to his cheek. Both reassured, Spike brought up his pelvis and Buffy wrapped her legs around his. Her feet rested on his butt as he went back down slowly. Spike dipped his face back down and peppered her face with light kisses. Buffy, in turn, nuzzled his neck, breathing in his unique scent. “God, baby, the things you do to me. You make me burn for you.” Spike stopped his worship of her face to look down at her. She arched up when he found her special spot and smiled as her orgasm neared. “So near, baby. Give me more. Make me come.” Spike smirked and increased his pace, hitting her g-spot, sending her over the edge. With her muscles spasming, Spike quickly thrust himself over his edge, sending his cool semen into her womb. Coming down from her euphoric daze, Buffy felt Spike go into his, triggering another one for her.

They lay on the floor for minutes, each coming down from their daze. Spike moved first by nuzzling Buffy’s ear. She stroked his back and he began to purr in contentment. Right when Buffy was ready to try to move out from under Spike, she felt him tense. He thrusted up further inside her and filled her again with his seed. She looked at him, questioning. He never had just come like that. He looked down and whispered something she couldn’t quite get. “Honey, what was that?” He growled as she moved. His hands held her down on the floor as she tried to get up. His growl turned constant as she struggled to free herself. “Spike, let go! I mean it.” His growling stopped, but his hands held her underneath him. Buffy pushed up with all her might and disengaged him, penis and all, from her body.

She rose and reached for her clothes. Spike stood up and stalked over to the busy woman. She whipped around at the last minute and held up her hand. “Hold it, Mr., you are going to get dressed and we are going to pack the car and then we are going to go over to the house.” He continued to stalk close to her, ready to capture his woman and deposit his scent on her again. “Get dressed, bleach blond.” If Spike was in there, somewhere in this demon, she knew that the nickname would draw him out. His eyes cleared, almost as they were in a haze, and he backed off for a moment. “Now, Spike, listen. I know you are in there and I am going to get you out, baby. Just stick with me. I’ll take care of you.” She grabbed his shoulders and kissed him hard on his mouth. “We have to get to the house. Okay? This place… not safe, the maid… can walk in any moment. We are going to get dressed and head over there. Are you with me?” He nodded his head numbly. “Good, get dressed.” He did as she commanded; almost like he was a marionette she was pulling his strings.

Spike followed Buffy’s directions perfectly. He helped her pack the bags with his stuff. She got him into the car through the driver’s side because he refused to get in another door and be away from her. She drove them to the house on Revello and got him into the house. Dawn was in the kitchen, cooking some dinner when they arrived.

“What took you so long?” Dawn came out of the kitchen. Spike growled as she neared. Dawn put her arms up, “Hey, remember me, Spike. I’m your nibblet. I fed you today.” Dawn stopped where she was standing when Spike growled fiercely.

He lunged towards her, but Buffy was quicker. She ran in between the two to stop Spike from getting to Dawn. He cried out as he collided with her body and they fell to the ground. “Spike, it’s Dawn. She is your friend. We do not hurt out friends, remember?” Spike looked at Buffy’s face, looking for signs of hurting her. Whimpering, Spike buried his head into Buffy’s lap. “Shh, it’s OK, baby. Everything will be fine.” She patted his head and looked at Dawn. “Sorry, he’s sorta acting like, kinda in between, Tara when Glory brain sucked her and me when I came back, ya know? Kinda not sure who everyone is and not able to talk.” Dawn nodded watching Spike. “Let’s get him to the basement… I think he needs to lie down.” Buffy indicated to Spike to get up and follow her.

Spike struggled against the bonds that his lover was putting on him. She patted his head lovingly and shook hers as she continued to bind him to the basement wall. “I’m sorry, Spike. I hate doing this. I love you. You didn’t give us any other choice.” The first straw was when she took him down to the basement; he just followed her back up to the kitchen. The second straw was when she locked the basement door and he howled through the wood; he pounded and kicked against it. The third was his yanking Buffy through the door and causing her to fall down the steps to the floor with him following on top of her. The last straw was when he growled and snapped his jaws at Dawn when they were trying to get him back into the basement. He whimpered as Buffy headed up the steps and she walked back to his body. “Baby, please understand. I have to go back to the hotel and settle the bill before they see the room. I’ll be back as soon as I can.” The chains and manacles hindered his movement, but he still managed to grab Buffy and pull her into his lap. His face came down and nuzzled her cheek while cooing again. She took this as a sign he understood and would behave.

“You know having a non-communicative overly protective vampire boyfriend can be very dangerous and very tiring.” Buffy announced as she came into the living room.

“I bet. So is he going to be OK?” Dawn knew if push came to shove Spike wouldn’t harm her, but she didn’t want to be pushed or shoved anytime soon.

“Yeah, he seemed to understand that I had to go but I would be back. You know it’s strange… one minute he is docile like a kitten and the next he is roaring like a lion.” Buffy looked out the bay window.

“I wonder what is going on in his head?”

“I have no clue, Dawnie, but I think we should be careful with who sees Spike and who he sees.” Buffy shivered.

“Yeah, what did Angel do to him anyways?” Dawn looked through the window, trying to see what Buffy was staring at.

“Broke him or something. He said something about him not being worthy or some sort of shit… Look Dawn, I need to go to the hotel and settle the bill before he gets too anxious down there. You think you will be alright?” Dawn nodded. Buffy went over to her sister and hugged her, “I’ll be back as soon as I can. In the mean time try not to move much, I think he can hear the creaks and squeaks downstairs and he may become more restless.” With that request Buffy was out the door.
~*~*~
And hour and a half later Buffy was walking down the steps into the basement. Spike woke up with her scent drifting towards him. He let out a small growl as she reached him and undid his bonds. “Sorry, baby, but I had to go back to the hotel. Do you know how much you destroyed?” She tried to laugh as she freed his second arm. His arms reached around her to bring her closer so he could re-acquaint himself with her neck and smells. A small purr rumbled from his chest yet again. “OK, baby. I heard you were a good boy and deserve a treat.” His eyes lit up, almost in recognition of past events, and nodded his head. “Come on, it’s food time.” She preceded him up the stairs and into the empty kitchen. She went about heating up his dinner as he stood near the kitchen island. She finished heating up the last of the blood bags that Dawn ‘borrowed’ from the blood bank and gave him the mug. Spiked looked down at the warm liquid then up to Buffy and then down again. He gave a shrug and downed the mug in a couple gulps.

KNOCK

Buffy left the kitchen to get the front door. Sam stepped through just as Spike followed his missing love. A loud piercing shrieking growl was heard for a mile as Spike lunged towards the embracing friends. Sam found himself thrown down the front steps and landing hard on the concrete. Spike followed in a flying leap, landing on his feet in front of Sam. Buffy ran out still dazed from the blow Spike delivered between her and Sam.

Spike was kicking Sam’s prone body, growling and sneering. His face was vamped and his claws digged into Sam’s arms. Buffy grabbed Spike’s shoulder, trying to get his attention, but he shrugged her off. She fell backwards watching her lover beat up her best friend. “Spike stop it!” He looked back, but continued his assault. She jumped up and jumped onto Spike’s back. He stumbled back with the weight on his back. They rammed in, back first, into one of the pillars on the front porch. “Ahhhhhhhh!” The shock jolted Buffy and she let go. Spike turned around, ready to attack his own attacker. His face softened and changed back into his human guise. She looked up from where she was lying, hurt and unable to move for the time being. “Spike, please,” she whispered. He dropped down to his knees between her and Sam’s unconscious body. “Please Spike.” Tears ran down his face staring at his love hurt on the ground. Snapping out of his stupor he picked he slid his hand under her knees and her back to pick her up. He carried her into the house and down to the basement, the only place he knew. He gently laid her down on the worn out old mattress near where she initially bound him to the wall. He went about cooing and smoothing her hair, trying to figure out how to help. “Spike, get Dawn.” He didn’t move. “Please, Spike… Go get Dawn.”

Racing up the stairs, Spike found Dawn asleep on her bed. Stalking over, he grabbed the sleeping woman and carried her down to Buffy. She woke up almost immediately and screamed. Spike just walked faster down stairs. “Buffy?” Dawn said as Spike put her down next to his love. He motioned for Dawn to help. “What happened?”

“I’ll be fine… just going to help Sam.” Spike growled and his face changed. “No, Spike… come here.” She opened her arms for him to crawl into. “Go, Dawn while I am holding him. Get Sam to the hospital.” With that, Dawn ran up the stairs like Satan himself was on her heels.

They arrived at the hospital ten minutes later. Sam woke up in the car but was still badly injured. The doctors patched up his scratch marks from both claws and teeth. They couldn’t give him a transfusion because mysteriously the blood bank was having a shortage. He refused to stay the night for observation and they let him go.

Meanwhile down in the basement, Buffy held onto Spike. “I will find a way to make you better, Spike… I will.”
Moving Forward by Karbear57
Chapter 18: Moving Forward


Dawn came home mid morning. She spent most of the night talking to Sam about Spike and what happened. Sam listened to her thoughts and held her close, minding his injuries. Creeping into the house like a teenager late for curfew, Dawn glided up the steps. There was no noise coming from the basement and Dawn only hoped that Buffy was all right. In truth, Dawn was slightly afraid to go and check. Every time she approached them, Spike got defensive until Buffy assured him that it was all right. When she looked at him, his eyes were so cold and mistrustful, nothing like the Spike she knew. The Spike she knew had dancing eyes with his baby blues twinkling with life. This Spike’s eyes did not twinkle, at least not when she was around. When Buffy originally brought Spike into the house, she could tell he didn’t remember her. Not even remembering her from the morning. Whatever Angel had done to Spike worked… this Spike was just a shell of the man she knew.



Downstairs…



Buffy heard Dawn come in and walk upstairs quietly. Spike was still lying in her arms that she offered last night. She sat up straight against the wall to help her back to heal with his head pillowed on her lap. Her muscles were stiff from sitting up almost all night, holding the broken beast she knew was still Spike. She casually almost thoughtlessly ran her fingers through his soft bleached hair. Once Dawn left with Sam, Spike settled down and fell asleep. Buffy wondered how Sam really was. She was sure Dawn would have come down to let her know how her best friend was, but she didn’t. Slowly, Buffy placed a pillow on her lap, under Spike’s head. She held the pillow and Spike for a few minutes, waiting for him to wake up, but he didn’t. Taking it was a clue that he still was sound asleep, Buffy carefully moved out from underneath him. She put the pillow down on the pallet slowly. She waited a couple more minutes, waiting for Spike to wake up confused, but he stayed asleep. Buffy crept up the stairs, mindful of the unconscious body below. Rounding the corner from the hallway and the stairs she stopped and stood there. The past few days crashed into her like a ton of bricks. Losing her balance, she leaned on the banister replaying all the events. The trip here, the confrontations, Spike missing, her so-called friends’ plan, Spike in the warehouse, Angel’s death, the tantrums, Sam, and Dawn. Quickly recovering, Buffy straighten her shoulders and continued to her destination. This was not a time to breakdown. Taking a deep breath, Buffy knocked on Dawn’s door. In a short moment, Dawn stood in the open door. “Hey.”



“Hey yourself… so… how is Sam?”



“Alive.” Dawn’s eyes danced in merriment with the thought of being difficult.



“I kind of figured that, thank goodness. But how is he?”



“Hanging in there. Wouldn’t let the docs keep him overnight. I took him back to the hotel and we talked.”



“Sounds like Sam. He hates hospitals almost as much as I do. Did you tell him about Spike?” The two sisters found their way to Dawn’s bed and sat down.



“Yeah, I tried to explain. He is trying to understand for you, but it’s hard for him.”



“Yeah, Sam is a good friend like that. Is he healing OK?”



“Sort of. Spike got a few good licks in. His arms and chest are torn up but healing.”



“I tried to get Spike off ASAP, but he was not listening or anything. The only way I got his attention was to jump on his back.” Buffy rubbed the lower portion of hers. “And then he backed us into the column on the porch.”



“Ouch. So that’s when you had Spike go get me?”



“Yeah. Once he saw it was me, he carried me to the basement. I told him to get you. At first he wasn’t going to leave, but then I told him again and he went and got you.”



“We should teach him to knock and stuff because I was asleep and he grabbed me. I woke up with him in game face carrying me. I had no idea what was going on.”



“Uh, sorry about that. He knew I was hurt and that I was asking for you. He just gets… a little... OK, a lot over zealous.”



“Yeah, true. I just can’t believe that less than a week ago he was sitting here in this room, tickling me.” The two sisters stayed quiet for a long time.



“We need to figure out a way to get him back.” Buffy broke the silence. “I kinda wish we could ask Willow since she helped me when Glory took you, but…”



“Yeah…” Dawn broke the sentence off also. “Hey, how about we talk about old times? He remembers you I know he does. The way he looks at you and stuff. He looks at you like Spike does when he thinks no one is looking.”



“He remembers you, too. When I said your name he KNEW where you were and who you are.”



“Yeah, but he keeps growling at me when I enter the room.”



“I… I think that is his demon protecting itself.” Buffy shivered. “In Hawaii, h-…he told me that his demon loved me too… I think he is trying to protect me.”



“From me?”



“Well, he… he gets confused… like he isn’t aware of what is out there… just that it is out there and he reacts naturally with his teeth and grring, you know?”



“Yeah, well, it’s scary.”



“Yeah. Scary… oh, how about pictures?”



“You mean of us?” Dawn questioned.



“Yeah, like of mom, you, me. I think we have a couple with him in it, too.”



“Stay away from the pictures of Angel.”



“Yeah, I don’t think he would like that.” The two started to plan and look through photo albums.



Downstairs the sleeping figure woke up. His arms reached for the warm body, but only encountered a cold pillow. Blinking awake the vampire sniffed the air, gauging when his love left the room. Satisfied she hadn’t been gone too long, he went up the steps in search of her. He felt her before he could hear her. She was talking to the other woman that looked and smelled like his ladylove. Spike didn’t know what to make of the other woman in the house. She has kind eyes but he could tell she was scared of him. He followed her scent and their voices up the stairs. As he got closer their scents mingled together forming a new, yet familiar scent. It smelled like comfort and home.



He found the two sitting on a bed looking down at some sort of a book. His love had her arm around the younger woman as they talked quietly. “I wish I could talk to her one more time… just once more.”



“I know Dawnie. We didn’t even get an opportunity to say goodbye.” The two women on the bed had tears running down their faces as they stared down. Spike came into the room and walked around to kneel in front of Buffy. He patted her leg and cocked his head. “Hey, Spike.”



Spike rested his head on his loves knee and stroked her other thigh while making soft noises. Dawn noticed the strange behavior and had to ask, “What is he doing?” Spike’s hands continued to partly pat and partly caress Buffy’s leg.



“I don’t know, but it feels good.” Buffy gazed down at her lover and smiled. Even in his condition he was trying to take care of her. “I think he is trying to comfort me.” Spike looked up into her eyes and winked with acknowledgement. “Come here, Spike.” Buffy patted the bed next to her. He dutifully scrambled up onto the bed, sitting impossibly close to her with his arm behind her back. She took the book from Dawn’s lap and placed it in her own. “Spike, this is my mom, do you remember her?” Spike looked down to where she was pointing. A middle-aged, smiling woman stared back at him. Her curly dishwater blonde hair was cut shoulder length and her eyes crinkled up, showing the start of her crow’s feet. Spike brought his hand up to the picture and moved his fingers lightly over the face in the book. “Her name is Joyce. I think she let you call her mum when I wasn’t around.” Spike looked up at the mention of ‘mum’ and he mouthed the word. “She died a long time ago… well… not so long for us. She had a brain tumor...” Buffy couldn’t continue, the emotions were still as fresh as they were when her mom first died.



“They did a surgery and got it out, do you remember?” Dawn was now talking. “They got it out and everything. We took her home and she was good. Then… then… one day… an aneurysm.” This time Dawn’s tears ran freely as she got caught up in the emotion. Spike looked over at the younger version of his love breaking down and moved to sit between the two. He hugged them both to his sides, letting the two women deplete their emotional state. Dawn was the first to be able to restrain her sorrow and regain her composure. Buffy leaned up against Spike, her body wracked with tremors as she repressed her tears. “She was a special lady.” Dawn finally put an end to their tormented memories and sat up.



“That she was, Dawn. That she was.” Buffy agreed, still in the arms of her lover.



Dawn turned the page of the album and pointed to another picture: a picture of the young Scoobies sans Angel in the old library. “Hey remember this? It was your senior year or something.”



Buffy looked over and smiled at the memory of that day. Everything seemed so simple back then. School, slay, home, and repeat. “Oh, yeah. I remember that day. It was when Spike came back to do that spell on Dru…” she trailed off. Buffy wasn’t sure if Spike would recognize the name, but she didn’t want to chance it. Spike narrowed his eyes towards Buffy, trying to distinguish what she was trying to say. She mentioned his name, but the sentence was never finished.



“Ohh, look at this one.” Dawn turned the page again. “I can’t believe you dressed up like Little Red Riding Hood for Halloween!” Spike looked down at the candid shot. His fingers itched to trace the outline of her face, but he was content to keep his arm around the real thing. The three sat on the bed for hours, looking at pictures and retelling old stories.

~*~*~

He has gone MAD! This time he went to far, she was sure of it. She quickly looked around, trying to fathom the madness that she now called Xander. Get away. That is what she has to do. She started to stuff clothes into a duffle bag. Run. Tell Buffy. Tell them that they are coming. They are here. Tell her to run. Take Spike and go. From what Giles has said Buffy and Spike have more than enough money to hide themselves for a long time.



“What are you doing, Willow?” Anya walked into the room. Willow looked up from her packing.



“I… uh… taking a trip?” Willow tried to cover, but not very good. Anya looked out into the hallway and closed the door.



“You’re leaving, right?” Willow nodded and watched as Anya walked over and helped her pack. “Go warn Buffy.” The two worked silently understanding what was going on.



Not thirty minutes earlier the three Scoobies met with the Watcher team. Anya and Willow weren’t sure what was going on until Xander made the introductions. Soon the two girls realized what the team was there to do and how. Willow balked in the back of the room, digesting the discussion the five men were having. Anya sat next to Xander, but did not say anything. If Xander paid any notice he would have seen a sicken face on his wife and friend, but he did not pay any attention to the two girls he dragged to the meeting. It was determined that Angel had indeed kidnapped Spike, but now Spike was free and Angel was dust. The team of cutthroat men eagerly strategized the best way to lure Spike into a trap and take him back to the headquarters to torture and eventually kill. Willow’s heart was breaking for her friend. Anya’s heart broke for her husband and the petty, little man he had evolved into.



Willow was now on the doorstep of the house on Revello trying to get enough courage to knock.



Inside the house a 30 minutes earlier….

Dawn was at class. Buffy and Spike were now in the basement. He was sitting on the pallet next to her watching her sleep. The voices have quieted down again. He stared at her peaceful form, wishing she always looked this peaceful. He traced the contours of her face with the lightest touch of his fingers. She stirred under his ministrations. A smirk began to form on Spike’s lips as he traced the muscles on her face moving in a circular pattern he continued to tease her skin. His hands traveled down her throat and played along her collarbone, dipping into the indentations. Buffy kept her eyes closed during his exploration. He really was an enigma. At times he was gentle as a baby’s breath and at other times he was like a vicious animal, ready to rip out anyone throat. She struggled to keep her giggles down and her eyes closed, but Spike was getting more and more gregarious in his exploration causing shivers to enter her body. His fingers now ran down her chest, playing with her pert, hard nipples. She could feel his aroused, hard cock against her thigh as he continued to play. Knowing she was awake, he ducked his head down to met her lips with his. She moaned as his tongue ran along her lower lip, coaxing for permission that she was more than ready to give.



His hands moved around her body, playing her like a finely tune guitar. Her hands moved to encircle his shoulders. Spike nuzzled the side of her neck, licking her jugular as she spread her legs for him to settle down. She felt his cock probe her folds but not completely enter her as his body moved over hers. Her body shuddered whenever he felt his velvet tip brush against her moist, sensitive center. Again, Spike’s lips found her own: nipping, sucking, and just resting on hers as his hands moved across her body, down her belly and stopping to play with the belly ring she still had there. Buffy moaned as he gently flicked and twisted the ring and his cock finally glided into her warmth. They lay there minutes sighing in contentment, before he began to move above her. His thrusts were long and deep, bringing every nerve of her body to life. Spike brought his head down to nuzzle her soft breasts. Beads of sweat formed on her naked skin as he increased his pace and strength of penetration. Buffy wound her legs around Spike, resting her calves above his butt. The new angle and sensations prompted Spike to increase his pace yet again. Sucking on her neck and her on his shoulder, they felt the stars approach. Screaming his name, Buffy came, squeezing his hard, pounding cock completely. With an ethereal howl Spike shot his seed into her. Looking down at her writhing under him, Spike went back to kiss her neck. Moving her head to the side, Buffy allowed Spike access to the place he just recently abandoned. Still locked in her own pleasurable world and the feel of his cock still hard inside her, Buffy didn’t notice the first pinch of discomfort as Spike’s canines delved into her skin. Not until his bottom teeth clamped down, bruising and tearing her skin Buffy had no idea that Spike was in his vampire visage. Not understanding what was happening and the slayer inside her screaming, Buffy started to struggle. The sensation of his teeth in her neck was painful yet erotic as she felt an orgasm build. She bucked with energy that hadn’t left her with the blood that he was drinking. She wasn’t sure if this was the slayer trying to get free or her body moving itself towards completion. Spike clamped his arms and body down practically crushing her body as he marked her, claimed her. He softly growled, almost like purring, through the blood in his mouth and throat, quieting her struggles as the slayer became pliant under the soothing, familiar sound. His teeth ground into her one last time, disfiguring more of her skin. She passed out during her orgasm. Spike stopped drinking her blood and now concentrated on lapping up the blood that still pooled near the surface of his mark. His arms still held her body down. Spike moved his pelvis up and back down with a bruising force, spilling his seed again into her channel.



Letting go of her arms and body, Spike moved off of her shocked body. He licked her neck every couple minutes, helping her healing process. She brought one hand up to her wound testing it. She winced as her fingers brushed the sensitive skin. The slayer awoke inside her as she jumped up and ran upstairs. Spike, startled at the quick departure of his mate, followed closely behind. They ran up to the second floor and into the bathroom. Buffy stood in front of the large mirror looking at her reflection. On the side of her neck a large very noticeable bite mark stood out from her near perfect skin. Spike had managed to cover all previous bites with his mark. She could see two distinct holes where his upper canines sunk in and numerous deep indentations that were starting to discolor. Spike watched her reach for a washcloth and dab at his mark. She winced as the rough material came in contact with her neck. He practically covered the whole side of it with his mark. Buffy thought to herself that Spike wasn’t kidding when he said it was quite violent. She wished that it was her Spike that marked her, instead of this broken one. She wanted to share the experience with him, give herself completely to him. She continued to wash the wound and realized that his teeth were not even in her jugular, but his teeth missed it. She took out the antiseptic, dabbing a few cotton balls on the bottle, ready to dab her neck when Spike came up behind her. He grabbed her wrist, wrenching it in a weird position making her drop the wet cotton balls. He sniffed her neck and then nuzzled the bruise lightly. His tongue came out and licked her open wounds. “Spike, please… I have to used antiseptic.” Spike twirled her body around so it faced him. His head bobbed up and licked her cheek before repositioning onto her neck. His mouth reattached as he sucked, causing her body to jerk with pain. Again he went back to licking the two puncture bites. He lifted his head and grabbed the bottle of antiseptic and shook his head. “Why can’t I use antiseptic?” Spike’s head tilted and a smirk appeared on his lips. His tongue darted out and licked her bottom lip. It continued back down to his mark and he nuzzled her neck again. Understanding dawned and she nodded her head. “OK, I won’t use it, but we should keep it clean. Again Spike shook his head and licked it again. Buffy turned around to face the mirror and watched as the two puncture closed and the bruising got darker. Putting away the medical kit, Buffy heard the doorbell ring.
The Scoobies by Karbear57
Chapter 19: The Scoobies

A dressed Buffy looked out the peephole and saw Willow. Her red hair swayed in the wind as she waited. A half naked Spike was behind Buffy, trying to peer out the peephole also. “Stop, Spike. Go downstairs and wait for me.” Spike groaned and pinned Buffy up against the front door. “Spike!” His head swooped down and began to nuzzle the side of her neck. His hands slide down her arms to cup her ass and rub his cock into her groin. “Stop Spike,” she whined and he complied by stepping back a little. His hands rested on her waist, ready to listen to her. “It’s Willow.” Spike growled at the mention of her name. “Please, Spike, go downstairs.” He reluctantly stepped away and headed to the kitchen and down the stairs. Sighing dramatically, Buffy turned back to the door and the annoying doorbell ringing again. She fixed the loose fitting turtleneck around her neck. At times like these, Buffy almost wished she had long hair again. It was hot outside and she was stuck with itching fabric on her neck. “Willow,” Buffy greeted her old friend icily.



“Um, Buffy, um, hi! Can I come in?” Willow stepped forward. Buffy glared at the Wicca like she had just asked the impossible.



“I don’t know… can you?” Seeing Willow again brought up very unpleasant memories.



“Buffy I need to tell you something.” Willow rung her fingers together.



“So tell… I am not stopping you.” Buffy arms crossed in front of her. Her legs were shoulder width apart and blocking the entrance to the home.



Willow looked around and whispered, “Inside… I think someone is watching me.”



Buffy watched as the girl’s eyes darted around again. With great reluctance Buffy stepped aside. “Fine, come in, but be warned you aren’t welcome and not staying long.” Willow nodded and headed inside. Before closing the door Buffy looked out and noticed a black sedan sitting a couple houses down. Pursing her lips, Buffy followed Willow into the living room.



“Look, I know I am one of the last people on earth you want to see let alone talk to, but you have to listen to me.”



Buffy held up her hand. “No, I don’t have to listen to you. You have no idea how much I don’t have to talk to you.” A large growl filled the room. Looking around, the girls noticed Spike in the archway in game face staring at Willow. Moving as quickly as she could, Buffy ran between Willow and Spike, blocking Spike’s attack.



“What… what’s wrong with him?” Willow looked scared. Her hands were shaking as Buffy moved closer to Spike. His face dipped down and moved the fabric away from Buffy’s neck, nuzzling and licking his mark. Feeling like an intruder during this intimate moment, Willow looked away and out the window. Spike growled in Willows direction, but kept his head down in Buffy’s neck. “Stop it, Spike,” Buffy admonished lightly and stepped away from her lover, her mate. She turned towards Willow and leveled her gaze onto the woman. Willow faced them and gasped. “Buffy, what happened to your neck.” She stepped forward but stopped when Spike grunted at her and grabbed Buffy’s waist.



Buffy’s hand went up to her bruised neck and winced. “Oh, yeah. Spike… it’s not what you think. Actually why do I care what you think?”



“Buffy, what’s going on?” Willow understood Buffy’s reaction, but she just wasn’t giving an inch.



“Like you care,” she spat out.



“Buffy, its not…” Willow tried desperately to grasp at words, but none would come to her.



“Yes it is. Do you have any idea what is going on?” Buffy stood in front of Spike, just incase he decided to attack Willow.



“OK, I don’t know what’s going on with Spike and all the grr face and I don’t know what is with your neck. It looks pretty bad, you should put something on it.” Spike growled and tried to lunge past Buffy, but she reached out and dragged Spike behind her again. “But I do know that sweeper team is here and they know about Angel and they aren’t leaving without Spike.” Willow glanced outside the window again and her fear rose as she watched Xander get out of the black car parked a couple houses away.



“What do they know about Angel?” Buffy struggled to keep her emotions in check.



“That he was with Spike when you were looking for him and that Spike murdered him.” Spike sniffed the air and grunted.



“Well, they are missing some details, but technically correct.” Buffy grabbed Spike and moved him to the chair and sat on his lap. Hopefully this would keep the vampire from making any sudden moves. She noticed that Willow was becoming increasingly jittery.



“Look, Buffy. I… I’m sorry for following Xander. I wasn’t thinking clearly. He just… I don’t know… but he’s not right.” Buffy nodded. “He’s… he’s coming up the sidewalk right now and I think that he brought the sweeper team. You have to get Spike out of here, they are going to torture him!” Willow pleaded her case with much emotion.



“They are too late. Angel beat them to it.” Willow looked shocked. “That’s what is going on. Angel tortured him and did some brain washing… Spike… Well his demon self is in control.” Willow looked back out the window not really comprehending what Buffy was saying. Spike let out a loud growl as Xander neared the house.



“Please, Buffy. Let me do a spell and slow down Xander. You two get out of here.”



“How? In case you haven’t noticed it’s day light out there.” Buffy felt exhausted.



“Buffy, they are coming!”



“Yeah, and whose fault is it?”



“I didn’t mean for it to go this far! Please!” Willow had tears pouring down her face as she begged her friend. “Please let me help!” Xander knocked on the door.



Buffy’s head whipped around as Spike lunged from underneath her. Managing to grab a hold of Spike’s arm, Buffy halted his movements. “No, Spike. Go downstairs and wait for me this time!” Spike growled and refused to leave his mate’s side. His eyes narrowed and his hands jutted out on his hips. “Now!” Another knock on the door, “Spike, go. Down. Stairs. Now.” Buffy struggled to contain the fear in her eyes as she watched Spike defiantly stand next to the door. “Willow, this would be a good time to help.”



Willow, one step ahead of Buffy chanted quietly in the corner. Her eyes turned from black as she finished the chant. Looking expectantly up at them, she noticed her spell did not work. “It didn’t work, I’m sorry. It was supposed to make Spike do as you say.”



“Another will be done spell?” The two girls all but forgot about the man on the other side of the door until he knocked again.



“No, nothing like that… just a temporary spell…kind of makes him into your willing slave.”



“Oh, that makes it so much better. Spike go downstairs and wait for me.” Buffy pleaded, but Spike ignored. The knocking became insistent. Glancing out the door, Buffy saw Xander and visa versa.



“Buffy, let me in we need to talk.”



“Xander, go away. This isn’t the time.”



“God damn it, Buffy. Spike is dangerous!”



Without thinking, Buffy opened the door and looked at Xander. “Spike, dangerous? I think you need to look into a mirror.”



Xander stepped in and grabbed Buffy’s arm. “I need to look in a mirror? How about you, or haven’t you noticed your neck?” His fingers roughly brushed up against the mark, making her wince in pain. Spike launched himself at Xander in full demon mode. Xander flew across the room and landed in the corner. Stalking over, Spike growled and grabbed the prone body. He shook Xander like a rag doll and threw him into the kitchen. Buffy grabbed Spike as he continued to beat Xander. She watched kicks to Xander’s stomach and punches to his head. She pleaded with Spike to stop, but he just growled and continued. Satisfied that his prey, the man touching his mark on his mate, was unconscious, Spike bent down, ready for a meal and punishment.



Willow came in and chanted and yelled, “Separate!”



Spike’s body flew through the kitchen, hitting the basement door with a bang. The wood complained and threatened to break from the impact. His unconscious body slumped down as Buffy ran towards him. Gathering his body up in her arms she rocked him, hoping that he would wake up soon. Xander’s bloody body skidded across the kitchen to the opposite side during Willow’s incantation. Willow calmly walked over and stooped down, feeling for his pulse. Finding a faint one, she hurried over to the phone and called 911.



Buffy had Spike’s head in her lap as she cried for the man and demon she loved. Looking up, Spike saw the total grief on her face. He opened his mouth, but no sound came out. He tried again and rasped, “Slayer?”
Convinced by Karbear57
Chapter 20: Convinced
A/N: I have chosen to omit some “scenes” i.e. Spike and Buffy’s first conversation about her neck

With her eyes wide open, Buffy looked down. Willow was yelling something, but white noise surrounded Buffy. All she could see was the face of Spike staring up with his startlingly clear blue eyes. She saw his mouth move and some where in the back of her head she heard him speak his first words since she found him in the warehouse but her brain couldn’t process those syllables. She felt her spirit detach from her body, rising up, and looking down at the scene.

Xander, poor misguided Xander, was on the kitchen floor partially under the kitchen table. She saw his torn shirt soaked with his blood, it crawling through the fibers, spreading its red color everywhere. She saw that his arms were outstretched and not moving. Buffy watched Willow frantically try to stop his face from bleeding from the claw marks marring his skin. Willow pushed down on his wounds with any cloth she could get a hold of …bloodied dishcloths, napkins, and paper towels littered the floor. She looked over at Spike and her body. She watched as he looked up at her blank face. His fingers ran across her neck, surveying the damage he had done. Spike’s eyes teared up as he pressed his fingers against the puncture marks. The bruising now turned almost black with the force of his mating bite. She felt, rather than heard, him whimper in distress with his knowledge it was his bite. Spirit Buffy wanted to scream. She tried to order herself to go back into her body, but nothing seemed to work. Willow was at the front door, letting the EMS workers in to work on Xander. She saw the man and woman EMTs enter and look around. They noted Spike in a catatonic Buffy’s arms and then Xander. Immediately they started work on Xander. Willow walked over to Spike and said something; he shook his head. Quietly, Willow raised Buffy up with magic and helped Spike open the basement door and helped him take Buffy down the steps. It was weird to see herself float down the steps. She watched the EMTs work on closing Xander’s wounds. He looked so peaceful, so young. He resembled the Xander that he was in high school doing the Snoopy dance and eating hot dogs off a stick. She knew he had seen so many horrible things, experienced so many horrible things that he was never meant to see or do. She saw the boy from an abusive home that led such a normal life, the young man dating Cordelia, and the man marrying Anya. She saw the friend that would drop everything and come running when she needed him. She saw the protector looking out for Dawn. She saw the Xander that would come over just to talk, the man that ate all her sandwiches, the man that rented the whole Freddy Kruger series and insisted on a marathon in the living room when she was distraught over Riley. She saw the man that had a child. She saw him hold and coddle his little girl all the while telling his wife that she was beautiful. The EMTs were loading his body onto the stretcher, the straps and buckles being put in place. She saw the man that planned against her, the man who called the Watcher’s Council, the man that stepped out of the black sedan and walked calmly up to her house. Tears of friendship and understanding fled her eyes and ran down her non-existent face.

She felt it, felt her body calling her spirit back. She felt Spike’s arms hold her and Willow stand in the kitchen doorway, watching the EMTs and the basement. She felt the dark and damp air surround her as she struggled to consciousness. She felt the love and fear flow from Spike into herself. Opening her eyes, Buffy saw Spike and he saw her. Words didn’t have to pass, actions didn’t have to take place. They both knew that they had made it out of the nightmare.

~*~*~
Willow knocked on the backdoor the next day. Dawn opened the door and let Willow enter. Willow came in and looked around. Any evidence of the previous day had been erased. Buffy and Spike closely sat at the kitchen table, reading a newspaper together. Spike looked up as Willow sat on the opposite side. He wasn’t happy with Willow, but he had to give her a break because she did come through at the end. Not only did she warn Buffy about Xander and his grand plan, but she also saved him from killing Xander. Spike wasn’t sure if that was a good thing or a bad, but he was grateful that he didn’t have to regret it. He gave her a nod and went back to reading with Buffy. Willow took the opportunity to study the two. She noticed Buffy’s neck was not as bruised as it had been yesterday, but the two puncture holes were still red and not healed. It almost looked like they had been opened again. Spike definitely looked better. His eyes didn’t look cloudy and confused. She noticed they sat very close to each other. Buffy finally looked up from the newspaper and noticed her. Willow suspected that Buffy ignored her on purpose, but decided to ignore that. Buffy had every right to ignore her presence. She put the paper down, and rested her hand on top of Spike’s on the table. “How’s…” her voice faltered, “how’s Xander?”

“Alive. He woke up this morning in a daze. He thinks he’s still in high school. He doesn’t remember the past few years.”

“Huh,” Buffy shrugged her shoulders and squeezed Spike’s hand.

“What about the wanker…watcher team? Are they still around?” Spike asked quietly. He looked over at Buffy and smiled a little.

“I don’t think so, Spike.” The three sat in the kitchen in silence. Willow could see that Spike and Buffy were even closer than ever. Their bodies seemed to move as one. She saw pure adoration shining through Buffy’s eyes towards Spike and amazement through Spike’s. Willow wondered about the first conversation they had regarding the bite marks, but it obviously went all right by the way they were sitting together.

~*~*~
Spike looked down at the beauty he called love. Buffy was cuddled up next to him in the basement. Dawn and her housemates came home earlier in the day, forcing the two to go down in the basement. Buffy didn’t want to explain the bite marks and bruising on the side of her neck and Spike just wanted to be around Buffy. Dawn collected spare blankets and pillows to make them more comfortable during the daylight hours. Spike sat down on the softened pallet and Buffy curled up in his lap. He held her close as she started to fall asleep. Her eyelashes fluttered as she dreamed. Spike took this time to study the wounds on her neck. Feeling guilty that it was him that hurt her Spike cried silently as he held her. He didn’t cry for the bite itself, but for the way it happened. He didn’t even remember it. Buffy woke up to a strange feeling, a feeling she hasn’t felt for a long time, guilt. With her eyes closed, she mentally thought over the past couple days looking for anything that would make her feel guilty. Xander’s situation? No, she definitely wasn’t feeling guilty over that. Xander was still alive, even though he didn’t remember the past 8 or so years. Willow? No guilt found there. Looking up, she saw Spike’s tear stained face and knew that it wasn’t her guilt she felt, but his. His tears told the story of love and loss. She reached up and ran her hand against his cheek. He opened his eyes and saw her watching him. Slowly, the tears stopped, not from relief of guilt, but the love and adoration that Buffy sent his way. He watched her carefully as she sat up and turned to face him. Sitting on her knees, Buffy gazed into Spike’s eyes intently.

“Baby, I just have one this to say: you have nothing to feel guilty about. I could have stopped it if I wanted to.” She ran her hand up and down his face, trying to comfort him.

After a couple of minutes, Spike replied, “How? How can you say that? Have you looked at your neck?”

Buffy shook her head, “This has nothing to do with my neck. We were intimate and the emotions we both were feeling led up to the claim.”

“But I wasn’t even there.”

“Yes, you were.”

“It was him, my sodding demon.”

“He’s part of you, I love you, all of you. When your human side was… well, your demon isn’t very different than your human side except he did a lot of grunting and growling. He understood me, loved me, and protected me. He did everything you would have done. Now, I admit he wasn’t as gentle as you are, but he still made sure I was alright.”

“But the bruises…” He brought his hand up to her neck and rubbed them.

“Will heal. Spike, I can’t change the past and neither can you. I know it wasn’t perfect, but it happened.”

“Buffy, I just… I wish I…”

“Spike, I wish you had too, but that’s not how it happened. Maybe the fates were saying to us that we were dragging our feet about it.”

“Maybe.”

“Any ways, it’s not like you didn’t reclaim me last night before Dawn got back.”

“Buffy…”

“No, you have claimed me you can’t take it back. I don’t want to hear you even think it, OK?”

“Can you hear me think?” He chuckled.

“I’m starting to. I got pretty good reading your demon self and predicting what he wanted. With the claim and being able to sense your emotions, I bet I can hear you think.”

“What am I thinking now?” Spike moved his hands to rest of her waist.

“That you want to shag me into oblivion.” She wound her hands around his neck.

“Oh, you CAN read my thoughts.” His tongue curled under his front teeth.

“Oh, not now, Spike. We need to go to the hotel for that!” She swatted his shoulder and sat back down into his embrace.

“Aw, pet.” Spike pouted. “Ok, how about that talk we keep dodging?”

She sat up, “Spike, I love you, you know that right?”

“Yeah,” he looked at her warily.

“Then that’s all we need to talk about.”

“Not true. Buffy, before… before Angelus got me, we weren’t doing too good.”

“True, but this isn’t the time or place to work on that.”

“OK, pet. Another thing that will wait.” Spike said. Thinking to himself, Spike was worried that this avoidance would be their downfall.

~*~*~
They arrived at Buffy’s hotel room shortly after sunset. Buffy went into the bathroom to freshen up since she spent the day in a cold damp basement. Spike took the opportunity to look around. He was impressed with the furnishings the hotel had to offer. It was quite upscale. Shaking his head, Spike thought this was the kind of place Buffy should have been in from the start.

Buffy came out of the bathroom in her workout clothes. No words passed between the two, but the intent was clear. Buffy needed to work out some frustrations before they talked.
Love and Tears by Karbear57
Chapter 21: Love and Tears

The room was filled with flickering lights. On every surface there were candles of all different shapes and sizes. Her mouth formed a perfectly formed ‘O’ as she stepped through the threshold. Spike was standing in back of the bed holding two champagne glasses. He was dressed in a dark blue suit with a white shirt and blue tie. He stepped towards her and extended his hand. She took the offered drink and looked around the room. “You didn’t have to do this.” She whispered.

“For my lady, I’d do anything.” He mumbled as she avoided his eyes.

“I don’t deserve this.” She finally settled her eyes on his, tears in her eyes.

Spike nodded, “Yes, you do, my love, and I want to give it to you.”

“Oh, Spike, I’m so sorry. I was so terri… ” He cut off her apology with a swoop of his mouth. His tongue took advantage of her slightly parted lips and delved deep into her mouth. He took the glass from her hands and managed to set it down on the closest surface, the dresser. She brought her arms up to his shoulders and wound them around his neck, deepening the kiss. She put her emotions and apology into the kiss. Spike took her emotions and gave her his as his tongue and lips caressed hers. His hands came down to rest on her hips as they stood there pouring their hearts out to each other with just a kiss.

Air became necessary for Buffy and she pulled her mouth away from his. She peppered little light kisses along his jaw and to his ear. Spike licked his way towards her neck and nuzzled the sensitive skin around her ear. He moved his hands to pull her tighter against his erection and closer to him. Suddenly Buffy pulled away, embarrassed that she was still sweaty and clad in her workout outfit. “Baby, what’s wrong?”

Her eyes were cast down and she fidgeted with imaginary lint on her shorts. She avoided his eyes again and stepped back. He brought his hand to her chin and gently tugged on it to bring her face up to his. “What’s wrong, kitten?” She diverted her eyes once more and tried to take a step back. “Baby, don’t do this. Talk to me.” Her body started to shake with embarrassment as she closed her eyes. “Buffy, what’s going on?” Tears started to leak from her eyes. He brought himself up next to her as he tried to sooth her. “Please, baby, you are scaring me. What’s wrong?” He was frantic with worry as her body convulsed with tremors. At least she didn’t step back again and let him hold her. Her body tremors were so strong; they started to rip through his body, too. They were in danger of falling to the floor. “Baby?”

He bent down and swooped up her legs as he held her shoulders. He carried her small body towards the bed, so they would be more comfortable. He sat down in the middle of the bed and settled her in his lap. The tears were streaming down her face, like a waterfall. He reached for one of the pillows and put it behind his back as he started to rock her convulsing body. He held on to her, whispering soothing, loving words into her hair as her emotions racked her body. Her eyes were still closed, but she held on to the front of his shirt like it was a lifeline. He caressed her back and shoulders, rocking them gently. It was obvious that she needed to cry, let the pent up emotions out. When she came back from heaven all those years ago, she refused to let him do this for her. She had kept all her emotions bottled up so no one could hurt her. Spike thanked whatever higher being that allowed her to heal from that traumatic experience and allowed her to freely live with her emotions like she was doing. The tears slowed and the tremors reduced their intensity. Her arms crept up around his neck again as she buried her face in his shoulder. She turned her body towards his, as she got more comfortable in his embrace. He kept rocking their entwined bodies and whispered soothing words as she came back into reality. She sniffed as he reached around to the nightstand to grab the tissue box. He took one out and started to blot her face dry. She took it and carefully wiped her nose. Her red, puffy eyes looked up into his kind, loving eyes as the last tremor ripped through her body. She took a deep breath and relaxed into his embrace. He continued to hold her as her body finally regained its composure.

“Th-thank you, Spike. I don’t deserve it, but thank you.” She moved to get up from his lap. All too aware that he was waiting for an explanation.

“Luv, yes you do. You deserve the sun, the moon and stars, diamonds and emeralds. You deserve everything and more some. Baby, please tell me, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing.” She diverted her eyes once more. “Everything.” He nodded, finally understanding her frustration. He brought his hand back under her shin and made her eyes look at him again.

“Baby, I understand. A little overwhelmed, huh?” She nodded. “Friends not as friendly anymore?” Another short nod. “Afraid I am going to leave you?” He put the last one in to see how she would react. She shook her head ‘no’ vehemently and squeezed her arms tighter around his neck.

“Oh dear, look what I did. Cried all over your nice suit. I’m sorry, honey.” She tried to change the subject.

“No big deal, baby. Want to talk about it?” He wasn’t letting her off the subject so easily. They needed to talk it out so it didn’t happen again.

“Let me go, please?” She wiggled around trying to pry herself out of his embrace.

“I’d rather not, kitten. I need to feel you right now.” She stopped struggling. “So what brought this on?”

“It. it’s silly.” She ducked her head down, staring at her lap. He followed her gaze and held tighter, waiting for her to continue. “I-I… um… should go take a shower.” He continued his hold, not willing to let go of the beautiful creature in his arms. “Spike, please… it’s stupid.” He shook his head, demanding the truth from her. “I ruined your suit, ok?” He shook his head again. “Please, Spike, let me go take a shower.” He shook it again as her mouth started its pout. “Fine. I came in here all sweaty and icky and here you stand all clean and polished. I got you all yucky.” He recognized her voice as the truth voice.

“Kitten, you did no such thing. Point in fact, you came in all glowy and sexy and I am not worthy to be sitting here with you.” He petted her back as she started to open up. She lifted her head and looked at him.

“It’s not just that. I don’t know. Everyone seems to hate me. My decisions. Everything. Spike, I want you to know, no matter what, I love you.” He nodded in understanding. “Never let me go?” He nodded again in agreement and moved his head to capture her lips. She shifted out of his lap, onto the bed. He followed her lips, not breaking contact. She lay down and he followed. His hands moved to her breasts as he started to massage them. She moaned deep in her throat as his hand slipped up her top to find her bare breasts. She moved to remove his tie, but he stilled her hands.

She looked up questioning. “I’ve got plans for you that don’t include the tie, baby. Well, actually later… that involves the tie.” She blushed. “But right now? Need you to go and get ready. You’ve got a date.” She smiled at him as he let her go. Buffy made her way into the bathroom.
Underground Palace by Karbear57
Chapter 22: Underground Palace

Spike pulled up to a dark, abandoned looking warehouse. If it hadn’t been for the other cars surrounding the building Buffy would have thought Spike had lost his mind. He helped Buffy get out of the car and escorted her to the side of the building and then opened the unmarked, heavy iron door and led her inside. The room was darkly decorated with lavish and plush fabrics covering the walls and floor. He walked over to the mirrored elevator and punched the down arrow. Buffy came up next to him and smiled at the picture in front of her. Spike did not reflect, but he took out his handkerchief and waved it behind her, making her chuckle. “Did I mention you look ravishing tonight, sweetheart?” He whispered as the door silently opened and they walked inside. Buffy wore a very dark blue halter styled dress. The hem was cut on a bias starting above her knee and ending half way down her calf. Small, delicate high-heeled stiletto shoes adorned her feet. She chose to put her hair up in a loose French twist with tendrils falling down her face, her makeup was almost non existent and her deep Hawaiian tan that had yet to disappear.

“Yes, but it doesn’t hurt to say it again.” He had in fact told her when she walked out of the bathroom, again in the hotel elevator and once more outside as he helped her into the car. He even mentioned it a couple times on the way out of town and into the next one. Spike curled his tongue under his front teeth and moved in to kiss her. Buffy moved slightly away to ask another question, “So where are we going?” It was one question he had refused to answer throughout the whole drive.

Spike shrugged, “Down,” and added a gesture with his word. He frowned when she moved away again. “If you don’t come here and kiss me, I’m going to burn up.”

Buffy chuckled and moved closer to him, wrapping her arms around his neck and nuzzling her nose into it, “If I kiss you will you tell me where we are going?” Spike nodded dumbly as her careful assault drove him mad.

“Underground Palace,” he breathed as she nibbled on his lower lip. Much to Spike’s dismay the elevator stopped its downward travel and the doors opened up into a lobby with a hostess at the other side. Leading Buffy out of the elevator, Spike spoke few words with the hostess and they were off. The couple followed the hostess through the hot nightspot. Spike caressed Buffy’s back as they walked past jovial, slightly inebriated guests to their private table in the back corner of the room. The various low tables were scattered around the room with party dwellers dancing around them. Customers sat low on little soft pallets next to some of the tables that were filled with exotic food and alcohol. Buffy swore she saw something that looked like a big urn with tubes coming out of it near the bar. Her eyes widened as she thought about how she heard some people would inhale drugs like that. Hired dancers gyrated around the room, bringing a very Middle Eastern feel to the current party going on. The hostess pulled back a heavy dark blue curtain revealing a plush booth and large table to their eyes. Buffy’s eyes widened as she took in the table setting. Pillows of every color, size, and shape filled the booth. Two very tall, elegant and colorful bottles sat on the large table, surrounded by many other little colorful bottles and dishes. Votive candles were spread throughout the little niche. The walls stood out with plush, thick fabric. While she was enchanted, Spike stooped down and unbuckled her high heels. Finding the way out of the haze, Buffy looked down to see Spike taking off her shoes and caressing her toes. He helped her climb up onto the raised bench and pillows, guiding her down to a sitting position with out giving the whole room an eyeful of his candy. Happy that she was tucked away in the corner, Spike bent down and removed his own dress shoes.

The hostess pulled the heavy drape back around the table as Spike situated himself next to Buffy. Sitting back, Buffy looked around. The interior of the curtain was made out of a midnight blue velvet with gold flecks weaved into it. The fabric made a sort of a tent in the corner. Spike’s arm was wrapped around her shoulders as he laid back into the cushions and pillows. Buffy settled back into his embrace and looked around. Covered and opened dishes covered the large table. Buffy looked over at Spike questionably as he shrugged. “Just sit back, sweetheart, and enjoy. This place is supposed to be the best.” As of on cue, a scantily clad woman peered into the tent like structure.

Her outfit covered all vital parts, but even so, the light green, flimsy, ‘I dream of Jeanie’ garb made Buffy jealous as Spike spoke with the woman. The waitress, Buffy snorted at the idea, explained about the two bottles of special wine and the different exotic foods on the table. She also pointed out a dark blue cord set in the back of the corner to summon her if they needed anything. Thankful that they were alone again, Spike grabbed the closest bottle and sniffed the opening. Deciding to try the other, Spike got on his knees and reached over effectively loosing contact with Buffy. She sat back and watching him sniff the other bottle and begin to pour the wine it held.

~*~*~
A few hours later…
The couple in the make shift tent were currently lying down on the palette, sated for now. The waitress, at least who Buffy thought was a waitress, had yet to come back as she had promised. They found ways of entertaining themselves without someone peaking in on them. Loud sounds of music and merriment filtered through the curtains, but neither occupant was curious about the wild party on the other side. Sometime during the third and fourth glass of wine, Buffy decided to make use of the large space and become horizontal. A couple minutes later, Spike pounced onto her, creating a very sensual display for no one outside of the tent to see. The food was delicious, if not just a little erotic with the hand feeding and aphrodisiac ingredients.

They lay on the wide cushions, end to end, just resting from previous lust filled minutes. Spike found her leg and brought up her feet up to his mouth. Buffy squirmed as he took possession of each tiny appendage. Each lick and suck made its way straight to her core, setting her on fire. Buffy squirmed under his ministrations as his fingers lightly danced up her calf and thigh. She knew that the whole night was a plan for seduction, but she didn’t care. Buffy stopped squirming as much as Spike’s tongue found her soft instep and began to nibble on the tender flesh. Focusing on breathing, Buffy felt his fingers draw intricate designs along her leg and knee. Her head began to feel heavy as Spike’s hand found the soft skin of her inner thigh. Watching her eyelashes flutter closed, Spike continued his gentle journey on her skin. He wasn’t particularly aiming for her wet core, but he definitely wasn’t ignoring it. Carefully, he swirled his fingers around her damp panties and continued to explore her soft skin. Spike moved his body up and around, so he was in the same direction as Buffy, partially lying on her legs while he continued to play. His fingers slowly dragged themselves up and survey the soft skin where her front thighs and pelvis met. Smiling, he continued up to her soft belly. His fingers continued their exploration around and around her belly button and finally flicking her belly ring.

Gasping for air, Buffy felt her legs tremble with want and need as Spike continued to sensually play with her. She felt like screaming when his fingers lightly bypassed her wet juncture and continued their slow journey up her body. Groaning, she felt him move his body to mimic her prone position, but he still continued teasing her with his fingers, instead of giving her what she wanted, what she needed. She felt the tiny circles his deft fingers created around her stomach. Her breath hitched as she felt the first flick. She knew that he knew what that did to her and yet he continued the journey up her torso, abandoning the swirling and twirling around her belly. This was Spike’s own form of torture, and she knew it well.

Actually, she realized as she thought about it, she didn’t know it very well as it had been barely weeks since they gotten back together. And it felt like most of that time had been spent apart. Between the getting to know him again, fighting about Angel and the way she said his name, and Spike’s fragmented self, they actually hadn’t spend a lot of time exploring like this. She thought back on their time in Hawaii and how perfect it seemed to be. Back then they were together with no one to judge them, their relationship, or their past. Traveling to Sunnydale together seemed like a good idea and the natural progression of their lives, but Buffy wished in the deep dark recesses of her mind that they stayed on their island where real life and real situations didn’t interfere with them. Xander and his mess weighed heavily in her head as she prayed for him. The situation with the Council of Watchers was still prevalent as was the new slayer. How could she help this one if she no longer believed the mission and the players were right anymore? Lost in thought, Buffy didn’t notice Spike’s fingers ceasing as he realized she was no longer caught up in the seduction.

Coming out of her reverie, she realized Spike was now propped up on his elbow, watching her. A half smile touched her lips as she ran her hand down his face, caressing his cheek. Spike turned his head to nuzzle his nose into her warm palm as they lay there watching the other. An unspoken message drifted between the two as the air turned from sensual to contemplative. Bringing her hand down to his shoulder, Buffy sighed. Spike watched the low light of the candles dance around her body, barely touching her golden skin. The sexual thoughts that danced around them came back with full force as he settled back down, this time with his head pillowed on her breast. Her fingers itched to play with the soft hairs on his head as he settled down.

Neither one moved for a long time. From the sound of it, the party outside the curtain was still going strong. The faux privacy created by the walls, curtain, and staff made it feel like they were back on the island; alone, in their own little world. Grateful for distraction, the two stayed put until the sounds from outside had long since quieted to a dull whisper and the moon crested and began falling in the sky.
Moving Forward by Karbear57
Chapter 23: Moving Forward
Buffy stretched her arms out underneath the cover and sighed as she rolled closer to Spike’s unconscious form. His face was slack in relaxation, tracing his features with her eyes, she memorized his face and sexy bed-head. Smiling to herself, she rubbed her leg against Spike’s and heard his sharp intake of air signaling he was awake. Scooting closer and spooning her body around his, she kissed his chest and nuzzled it with her nose. “Morning, luv.”

“Good morning, that is,” she smiled up into his sleepy eyes. Spike’s arm snaked under her and levered her up on top of his chest. Grinning, she nuzzled the middle of his chest as she felt his arousal stabbing the inside of her thigh. She brought her legs up to straddle his waist and sat up a little. Soon, she found his hard, long appendage and she scooted down forcing him inside of her.

“Good morning it is,” Spike agreed as Buffy started moving up and down on top of him. The sleepy, erotic rhythm continued drawing Buffy to a deep, slow orgasm. Once Spike felt the strong flutter around his cock he flipped them and got on top to thrust down, letting his pleasure come. Spike buried his face in Buffy’s neck, licking his mark.

Coming down from the high, Buffy held Spike close letting him nuzzle and lick his mark. She idly wondered why he didn’t bite her this morning. After the initial shock and guilt that he felt, he was overcome with a need to reaffirm the claim. She was very happy to comply and let him claim her again until Dawn came home during the process. In the middle of the kitchen and the middle of her orgasm and Spike’s bite, Buffy heard the front door slam. Hearing the commotion in the kitchen, Dawn walked in and found Spike pounding Buffy against the kitchen island with his teeth embedded into her neck, not drinking her blood, but just embedded. Spike didn’t seem to realize Dawn’s presence until the loud screech, Buffy saying, ‘No,’ and a blunt hit on his skull with a frying pan. Bringing him out of the stupor, Spike pulled out of Buffy and turned around to face the confused young woman with his demon in full control. Buffy quickly covered herself and stepped in between the two new adversaries, afraid that Spike wouldn’t come to his senses before he blindly attacked. Dawn set the pan down slightly as Buffy desperately tried to explain what was happening. By the time Dawn comprehended what had happened and what she walked in on; Spike came back to his senses and covered up with his jeans. He listened to Buffy’s perspective of that night and felt overwhelming love for the creature standing in front of him.

Lying on the bed now made Buffy wonder why Spike didn’t vamp out and bite her. Trying to push her insecure thoughts out of her head, Spike nuzzled her neck knowing what she was thinking. “Kitten, I love you.”

Buffy stretched and ran her hands down Spike’s back. “Love you, too.”

“Wish I could bite you every time.”

“What?” She thought she misheard what he said.

“Wish I could bite you every time, every minute or every day. It feels so good to be buried in you, feels like we are one when we are like that.” Spike shifted and laid Buffy on top of his chest. His fingers gently stroked down her spine, tickling her skin.

He watched her bottom lip pout out just for him, “Why?”

“Why what, kitten?” His eyes were lost in the luscious bottom lip as his fingers traced the crevice between her buttocks and thigh, making her squirm on top of him.

“Why can’t we… you know… the claim every time?”

A loud breath came out of Spike’s lungs as he got ready to explain. Buffy stayed in place, waiting for Spike to form the words, “One: even if I don’t drink and it is just a bite, it takes some blood. If every time we did that you would loose gallons with in a week.” Without looking, Buffy knew he was smirking. “Two: it takes a lot out of your body to keep repairing itself. If I opened them every time they closed, your body would get worn out. Not good for anyone, especially a slayer, don’t you think?” At her slight nod, Spike dipped his head down to her neck, nuzzling his mark. “God, do you know what you do to me?” To illustrate his words, he rubbed his erection against her thigh eliciting a loud moan from her lips. “To know you are mine? That you accept that?”

“Hey, mister,” she slapped Spike half heartedly on the shoulder. “You make it sound like I’m property.”

Spike’s eyes dipped down to her neck and then resurfaced at her face, “No, not property… just that… oh bloody hell!”

He felt her body shake and looked up to find her hazel eyes dancing. “Only kidding,” she offered a bright smile as he moved his body over hers once again.
~*~*~
Finishing her lunch, Buffy wiped her mouth and looked around. Spike certainly gets a little “energetic” when it comes to sex. Getting up, she straightened the upturned table and replaced the couch cushions that couldn’t take the intense drive Spike put into their love last night. The room was finally presentable to anyone that might enter, Buffy knocked on the bathroom door and opened it. The vision that welcomes her made her stop in her tracks. Standing in the steamy shower with the shower curtain open and facing the bathroom door, Spike stood under the hot water stroking himself. Knowing she was watching he tugged extra hard on his member groaning at the pressure building in his balls. Looking directly at her startled and aroused face he held out his other hand and said, “Come here, luv. I’ve got something to show you.”

Shaking herself out of her haze, she smiled coyly and stayed out of arms reach. “I see what you have to show me and if I didn’t just escape the shower an hour ago and dry my hair I would join you, but I did.” Spike growled and leaped out of the tub before she got out of the room. Holding onto her elbow his eyebrow rose as if saying, ‘going to take those clothes off or shall I?’

Jumping out of his grasp when she heard the knock at the front door, Buffy sent Spike an apologetic smile and backed out of the room, closing the door. Straightening her clothes, she opened the door expecting to see room service ready to take her dishes away. Instead of a bellhop, she opened the door to her Hawaiian friend, Sam. “SAM! Come in.”

Sitting on the couch she just put back together the two friends sat and talked about the past couple days events. “Dawn told me about what happened with Xander. I wish I was there.”

“Oh, Sam. I’m glad you weren’t. It was pretty awful.”

“Still he was attacking you.” Sam was so angry that he was shaking when Dawn told him just a couple hours ago. Sam wanted to accept all the people in Buffy’s life, but he wasn’t sure if he could accept Xander.

“Verbally. He didn’t lay a hand on me.”

The bathroom door opened and a shirtless Spike stepped out, “No, but he could have.” Spike sauntered over to a chair next to the couch and sat down.

“Good to see you back to normal,” Sam nodded at Spike.

“Thanks, mate.”

“But, he didn’t.”

“Not the point, Slayer,” he heard her growl at the name he used, “he could have. If I wasn’t there…” he let the sentence trail off.

Buffy stood up and walked up to Spike. Kneeling to his side, she took his hands in hers, “You were there and so was Willow. We don’t have to worry about him anymore.”

Sam spoke up, “How is he doing?”

Sighing Buffy answered, “He’s in the hospital right now, in the psychiatric ward. Anya is the only person that has seen him. She isn’t going to file for divorce right away. She’s going to try to help him through this, but the doctors aren’t very optimistic that he will ever recover his memories. The doctors don’t think it’s a good idea that Willow or me go visit him.”

“So his memory is wiped out?” Sam leaned forward on his knees.

“Apparently. He doesn’t remember Anya all that much. They weren’t together until the end of our senior year, and that was a reluctant pairing. The doctors think that seeing Willow and me older might push him further into his psychosis.” Buffy started to move back to the couch, but Spike’s hand on her arm stopped her. Instead, she climbed into his lap and let him take comfort in her being close to him. “So what brings you up into this neck of the woods, Sam. I thought you and Dawn were spending the day together?”

“We were supposed to, but I got a call this morning from the wicked bitch, Jenna’s sick. I need to go back.”

“Aw, what’s wrong?”

“They don’t know, she took Jenna to the emergency room and they admitted her. She can’t keep anything down.” Sam looked down with a grimace on his face.

“Awe, poor kid. When is your plane?” Buffy suppressed a shiver and Spike’s fingers traced her spine.

“In six hours.” Sam stood up and started to pace and Buffy tensed. She knew Jenna was his world and if anything happened to her it would destroy him.

“Do you need a ride to the airport?” Spike stopped his exploration of her back when he Sam got up.

“Nah, have to return the car I rented anyways.”

“Oh, so did you and Dawn already say goodbye?”

“Yeah.”

“So?” Buffy questioned. It felt like pulling teeth.

“So what?” Sam knew she was fishing and decided to have some fun.

“You know, you freak. Spill!”

Laughing, “We decided to be long distance friends for now.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me?”

“Come on, Lizzy, I’m and island boy, you know it, I know it, and she knows it. She needs to keep her eye on her ball and I need to keep my eye on my ball.”

“After all the kisses you shared?” She felt Spike’s arm tighten around her.

“Friends doesn’t mean there can’t be more. It’s just we need to live our lives out right now. Plus, she’s quite younger than I am.”

Buffy pouted, she liked the idea of her friend and sister having a relationship. “So, I’m like a 115 years younger than Spike.” She felt a rumble against her back and looked at him. “Well, I am!”

“That you are, pet. That you are.”
Communication by Karbear57
Chapter 24: Communication
A lone figure sat still in wait. The thought of what she was about to do weighed heavily on her mind. In her hand rested a very heavy dart gun. Blowing her hair out of her eyes, Katerina waited for her target to approach. Crouching low, she watched the two figures leave the hotel. Buffy tilted her head towards Spike, revealing her bruised neck for all the world to see. Katerina watched Spike wrap his arm around Buffy’s shoulders. Unchecked tears ran down her face, this wasn’t right. They were the ones that had helped her when she first arrived, that had made her feel welcome. Spike’s black duster moved in the wind and whipped around Buffy’s body as they walked close together. Katerina watched as Buffy raised her face towards Spike and saw pure and unquestionable trust and devotion. Pushing her mixed emotions downto the pit of her stomach, Katerina waited until the couple passed. Spike pulled Buffy closer as they passed and she thought she saw Spike sniff the air, but they kept walking. Relaxing and letting a sigh of relief escape her, she crept out of her hiding place and followed the couple down the road. The trio headed towards the nearest cemetery. Spike and Buffy’s bodies separated a little, but they kept in contact, holding hands the whole time. Katerina paid special attention to lurking far enough behind them so they wouldn’t pick up her presence. Unbeknownst to their pursuer, the couple was having an inner conversation.

Earlier that morning, Buffy had been thinking about strawberries while she was in the shower. As she had stepped out of the shower, she had heard Spike greet the room service attendant. Donning her robe, Buffy had stepped out to the main room and spied what Spike ordered for breakfast: Belgium waffles topped with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. “How did you know I wanted strawberries?”

“Didn’t know, about fifteen minutes ago I had this craving for them.” She reached for a plate and Spike slapped her fingers away. “Back off. Mine!”

Buffy puffed her lips out in a pout she knew he couldn’t resist and fluttered her eyelashes at him, “I thought I was yours?” Spike had fallen in line with her plan, he pulled her on top of his lap and then fed her the sugary confection.

Since this morning, each was able to not only feel vague feelings from each other, but they also could “hear” each other’s voices rambling. Buffy started to laugh in the middle of a Noxzema commercial they were watching because Spike started to fantasize about Buffy giving him a bath. Giving her a look, Spike realized she KNEW what he was thinking. Not embarrassed in the least, Spike started to send very erotic pictures her way, watching her cheeks turn red and her breathing quicken.

“Is that Katerina in the bushes?” A little voice in Spike’s head whispered.

“Why are you whispering?” he countered.

“Shut up, bleach head. Is it?”

“Yeah, looks like she had some sort of gun with her.” Spike drew Buffy in closer, covering her body with his duster. Whatever Katerina was going to do, he wanted to protect Buffy.

“Why is she hiding?” Buffy tilted her head towards Spike and looked at the hard set of his jaw. She felt him take a deep breath in through his nose.

“Don’t know, but she obviously is waiting for us to pass.” Buffy moved closer to Spike as they passed the bushes. “Don’t know what she has in the gun, but it isn’t gun powder.”

“What? How can you tell that?”

“Kitten,” she felt his exasperation, “Vampire here.”

“What is in it then?” The couple headed towards the closest cemetery.

“I think,” Spike let go of Buffy’s figure and held her hand, “that we should separate. I think it’s powered by compressed air. Something foul behind it.”

“Poison?” Spike felt and heard Buffy’s pulse speed up. A cold sweat broke out on her skin, making her feel clammy.

“Could be, don’t know.” Spike squeezed her hand gently. “She’s following us not so quietly. Wonder what she’s up to.”

“Oh, God, SPIKE!” He felt the tears threatening to run down her cheek.

“Don’t worry kitten. We’ll be all right. Look, you go towards the Simman Crypt and I’ll go towards Clark. Who ever she doesn’t follow, get behind her, OK? Figure out what she’s doing.” Spike felt a mental nod and a small, yet strong, squeeze on his hand before they let go totally.
~*~*~
Katerina followed Spike’s path and Buffy crept up behind the girl, careful to not make a sound. She watched Katerina hide behind a tree as Spike walk around a crypt. Buffy felt Spike growl in frustration as he went behind the crypt. Katerina raised the gun and aimed it towards the side of the crypt she assumed Spike would be coming out by. In a silent plan, Buffy came up behind Katerina, “What do you think you are going to do with that, little girl?”

Katerina whirled around and the gun dropped out of her hand. Red-rimmed eyes and tear-streaked cheeks greeted Buffy. Spike flew from his hiding place and caught the gun before it hit the ground, afraid it would misfire and hit Buffy. If the gun did contain poison, he wasn’t going to take any chances. “Buffy?” Katerina’s legs gave out from underneath her. Catching the girl’s elbow, Buffy held on to her before she could totally crumble to the ground. “I’m so sorry,” she chanted over and over. “He said…”

“Who said?” Buffy rested on knee down beside Katerina, hoping that she would open up to her. In her head she heard Spike, “Definitely poison. Never smelled anything so foul, pet.” Katerina seemed oblivious to Spike’s presence as she kept talking to Buffy,

“That man, from the council. I met him at Mr. Giles place.” Katerina’s tears flowed once again. “Said he deserved it. I’m so sorry, I can’t do it.” Katerina’s body shook with tremors as she told the story. “He said that Spike was killing. Killed some good guy and that you were next.” Buffy patted the young girl’s back. She KNEW the ‘he’ Katerina was talking about: Travers. “He said that Spike bit you and was going to turn you.” Buffy felt pure anger, hatred, and bloodlust assault her body as Spike’s whole being tensed up. “But, he wouldn’t do that! I know it. But he SAID!” Katerina’s voice volume rose as she spoke. “I just can’t. It’s not right!” Buffy comforted the confused girl as best as she could, extricating the little pieces of information.

The dialog between Spike and Buffy moved to a jumbled mass of feelings towards each other and the head of the Council of Watchers. Spike wanted to track him down right away and torture him. The bloodlust that Buffy picked up on got stronger each second they sat and listened to Katerina’s story. Buffy pushed calming thoughts his way, trying to push down the anger that flowed through her own veins. It turned out that the darts contained the same poison that Faith had used on Angel all those years ago. Spike wasn’t too happy about the revelation Buffy accidentally sent his way. Any hatred towards his grand sire escalated a hundred fold over the past couple weeks. Compromising on going to Giles to find the snake, Spike backed off his anger. Waves of hostility flowed from him, but he tried to keep it in check.

They escorted Katerina back to Giles’ apartment, making sure the young slayer would be OK. Buffy walked between Spike and Katerina to make sure that there would be no violence on the way. Buffy was getting very good and tuning into the constant storm of emotions surging inside of Spike and therefore surging through her. His thoughts and feelings, though often disjointed, were valid and all encompassing.

Giles opened the door quickly after Buffy knocked. Shocked at an angry Buffy, a sobbing Katerina, and a silent Spike, Giles let them into the apartment. “What’s going on?” Buffy started to explain what happened with Katerina. Giles took a few moments to clean his glasses thoughtfully. His jaw set, much like Spike’s as he listened to the sordid details that Travers poisoned young Katerina’s head with. “And your neck?”

“Didn’t Willow or Dawn tell you?” Buffy unconsciously moved her hand up to her mark, proud of it. Spike felt a surge of pride in his system, abating the hatred he was still feeling. Katerina moved to sit in a chair. She drew her knees up and wrapped her arms around them, burying her head, obviously still confused on what she was supposed to do.

“They said you two mated, is that correct?” Giles moved his gaze from Spike to Buffy. Buffy could tell the Ripper was very close to the surface. Evidently he didn’t find as much joy as Buffy and Spike felt with the mating.

Buffy had had it; she was too frustrated and too tired to deal with the bullshit of a vampire versus slayer discussion. “You tell me, Giles. Look, it doesn’t matter.” Buffy started to pace around the tiny room, “What we need to do is take care of Travers and the council, he evidently isn’t going to give this thing up.”

“Very well, what do you want to do about them? Kill them all?”

Buffy heard a chuckle in her head, “He’s got my vote.”

Spike spoke up while Buffy tried to hold herself in, “I say, hunt him down and kill him like the dog he his.”

Giles nodded, ready to accept it, but Buffy intervened. “No, all we need to do is oust him from the Watcher’s Council. This is going to keep happening until there’s a new council, Giles. Come on, they use us like tools and then just disregard us when they are done.”

“Buffy, the Watcher’s Council tries to do what is best…”

Buffy cut him off, “No, the minute I told Travers I was through with him, he went off and decided the man I decided to be with must die. I’ve had it with them! Was it my best interest on my eighteenth birthday? How about refusing to tell me about Glory when they KNEW what she was and what she was looking for. How about when my mom died and I almost lost the house? Did they offer to help me?” Buffy’s body shook with anger this time and it was Spike who sent calming thoughts her way. “If they didn’t have the girls, then there wouldn’t be a council. I say it’s time for the girls to take over.”

“And how do you propose that?” Giles moved behind the coffee table.

“See, it’s like this…”
Quentin and conundrums by Karbear57
Chapter 25: Quentin and conundrums

Quentin Travers sat in his hotel room, alone. The sweeper team had been dismantled for now. The slayer and her lover had survived and seemed to have become stronger. It was apparent by the surveillance tape that not only had the vampire attacked the slayer and bitten her, but she has lived to tell about it. At the end of his tether, Quentin ran his hands over his face. This slayer should never have been called in the first place. Her insolence and insubordination littered her career as a slayer. She took not one but TWO demon lovers and felt no remorse for that fact. Her Watcher wasn’t much better. He entertained her wishes and desires like she was his own child.

The only silver lining was that Buffy Summers was not the ONLY slayer. It was pure luck that the new slayer came to check in with Mr. Giles the night he was pretending to leave town. She seemed skittish, like all new slayers. It was so easy to convince her to kill the vampire lover. A little fork lore, a little truth and she bended to do his bidding. That’s how good little slayers should behave, following orders without question. It was almost too easy. Sure, she was confused and insisted that Spike wouldn’t hurt anyone that wasn’t threatening Buffy, but in the end she took the dart gun filled with poison.

Quentin got up from his position on the bed and went over to the window. Sunnydale seemed quiet tonight; the town always seemed quiet compared to towns without an active hellmouth. He felt it deep in his bones that something was about to happen, something not good. Sighing, Quentin turned his back to the window and looked around the cheap motel room. The threadbare cover on the bed looked like it was created by baby puke. He really should head out of town, but he had to wait, wait for Katerina to finish the job. It would be so easy for her to get close enough to be able to fire and not miss. Buffy and Spike trusted her, thought she was on their side instead of the right side. Stupid Buffy, time had not made her smart, if she was she would know he hadn’t left and the threat wasn’t over.

A small knock on his door broke Quentin out of his reverie. Glancing at the clock and noting the late hour, Quentin opened the door. Before he had the lock clicked open, the door flew open and he had a mass of snarling muscles on top of him. Landing on the sharp edge of a dresser, Quentin shouted out in pain and fell to the ground. The mass that toppled on top of the stout man, pulled back to reveal himself: a vamped out Spike. Walking into the room calmly, Buffy and Giles closed the door and sat down on the edge of the bed, facing Quentin’s prone body. “And here I thought you left town without saying goodbye, tsk, tsk.”

“Miss Summers, I should have guessed you would let this happen.” Spike snarled and bared his pearly fangs at the offending man.

“Pu-lease, Spike has better taste that that. I don’t think he would sully his taste buds with the likes of you.” She bared her neck, showing off Spike’s claim, and moved her fingertips over the puncture marks. “I am sure he would rather have much more pleasant things in his mouth.” The double meaning was not lost on Spike who almost ruined the whole intimidation bit by laughing. “Anyways, it would be awful for Spike to ingest something so poisonous.” Giles took out the dart gun that Katerina was supposed to have used and handed it over to Buffy. She gave him a grateful glance and then aimed the gun at Quentin .

“You don’t want to do that, Miss Summers.” Quentin stuttered out. Spike looked down at his prey and smiled. The scent of fear was heavy in the air.

“I’m not so sure. You see, Quentin,” she stood up and paced in front of Quentin and Spike, “I don’t like people that try to hurt my family and friends, and you,” Buffy stopped pacing and aimed the gun at Quentin, “SIR, have done both.”

“If I promise to not try to harm you or your family and friends again, will you let me go?”

“An interesting proposition, don’t you think boys?” Spike grunted and dug his claws into Quentin’s shoulders for emphasize.

Giles took off his glasses and started to rub them with his special cloth. “I’m not so sure, Buffy, he’s agreed before to things of that nature, but he never quite keeps the bargain, does he?” Buffy stopped and pretended to ponder the situation. To the outside observer, it seemed like a very serious situation, but inside Spike and Buffy’s mind they were laughing their heads off. Spike kept suggesting ways in how to remove the stick up Quentin’s ass. Vivid pictures entered Buffy’s mind and almost couldn’t hold her gaiety in.

“That’s right, Giles. Quentin doesn’t respect me and any agreement he would make, he probably wouldn’t hold up to.” Buffy aimed the gun back at Quentin. “So that leaves me with one choice.” She made sure the air chamber was filled, it would be such a nuisance that it wouldn’t fire and she would have to charge the contraption.

“WAIT!” Quentin bucked up, freeing himself from Spike’s grasp. Spike stood up in front of the door, the only escape route and waited calmly.

“What is it Quentin?” Buffy sounded irritated.

“I’ll do anything you want me to do. ANYTHING, please! I’ll sign whatever document, you can have your friend perform a spell to make sure I can’t threaten you again. Whatever, I will do it.”

“Anything?” Spike spoke up. His smirk lay perfectly in place between his ridges and fangs, making him seem so much more dangerous.

“Yes, please. Miss Summers.” Quentin almost got on his hands and knees in front of Buffy.

“Giles, the phone.” Giles handed over the cell phone Buffy had. She, in turn, handed the phone over to Quentin. “Call the council and resign.” Quentin looked up dumbfounded. “Furthermore, everyone in charge of the council that is not a slayer or slayer approved will resign.”

“You can’t do that!” Quentin lunged forward, but Spike saw it coming and was already holding the man’s fat body back.

“You said anything, Quentin. These are not recommendations or up for negotiation. You and the rest of the council will step down. In turn, the current slayer and her watcher will preside over the council. You may remain on the council’s payroll to insure a smooth transition, but you will not be in power.”

“Miss Summers!”

“Those are what gets you out of town alive. Anything less is unacceptable. Call them and let them know they will resign from the main council. Giles and I will take charge. After a full review of the council we will either reinstate those that stepped down or fire them completely.”

“You can’t play with people’s lives like this! That is our livelihood!”

“How about MY livelihood? You never cared if I was homeless or not!” Looking over at Giles, she continued, “How about Giles, you fired him on a whim! That was his livelihood, too and YOU didn’t care.” She leveled her gaze onto Quentin, “It’s not like I am throwing you out without a penny. We will evaluate the council and see what we can do.” Quentin sputtered, he knew he would have to do this, but it was just so wrong. “Look, Quentin. I’m tired and cranky. I don’t want to punish you; I just want the slayers to be in charge of their lives. They need support that the current council is not giving.” Buffy ran her hand down her face in frustration. “Are you going to call or do we have to dig a while before daylight?”

“Give me the bloody phone, Miss Summers.”

The END

Next in series: London Forever. Also tehre is a short PWP Interlude called Over the Atlantic
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=1538