Where Do I Stand? by Thianna
Summary: AU - William is a fledgling vampire trying to find his place within his new vampire family when he finds himself drawn to a young woman by the name of Elizabeth. The family takes pity on dear William and brings Elizabeth into the fold. But the PTB have other plans. Spike and Elizabeth find themselves somehow involved in a prophecy they know nothing about. Should they follow their destiny or make their own?
Categories: General NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action, Angst
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations, Spike/Other
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 27 Completed: No Word count: 62515 Read: 25177 Published: 12/23/2005 Updated: 07/07/2006

1. 1 - My Hope by Thianna

2. 2 - Comfort by Thianna

3. 3 - Gentleman by Thianna

4. 4 - Presents by Thianna

5. 5 - Always by Thianna

6. 6 - Winged Angel by Thianna

7. 7 - The Party by Thianna

8. 8 - The Party Goes On by Thianna

9. 9 - Dance by Thianna

10. 10 - End to a Perfect Hunt by Thianna

11. 11 - Beyond the Family by Thianna

12. 12 - Meeting by Thianna

13. 13 - Why Haven't You? by Thianna

14. 14 - We Belong by Thianna

15. 15 - My Angel Mine by Thianna

16. 16 - Painting by Thianna

17. 17 - Open Up by Thianna

18. 18 - A Secret by Thianna

19. 19 - A First by Thianna

20. 20 - A Good Night, But For How Long by Thianna

21. 21 - Had to Do by Thianna

22. 22 - Sunnydale by Thianna

23. 23 - On the Move by Thianna

24. 24 – Cloudy Future by Thianna

25. 25 - A Night of Ironies by Thianna

26. 26 - But He Was Older by Thianna

27. 27 - Carnival in Town by Thianna

1 - My Hope by Thianna
Author's Notes:
This fic is in Spike first POV. Hope that doesn't turn people away from enjoying the fic.
CHAPTER 1 - My Hope

... sometime around 1881 ...

I could feel her soft body pressed against mine as I pinned her ever so slightly against the cold alley wall. Her soft lips parted slightly wanting more of my affection as my strong arms wrapped around her small frame and added urgency and need into the kiss. She was lost in the moment, slowly succumbing to the need her trembling body was aching for. The young gentleman façade that had lured her into the shadows with me was gone as I peppered kisses down her neck. Her heart beat faster with anticipation as my lips sought for the tender flesh that was to be my prize. Soft lips and blunt teeth teased her neck until I heard the moan that my ears were searching for. She would never realize it until it was too late that this fantasy of hers was to be her death. I waited patiently making sure she was lost in her fantasy before revealing my actual intent. Blue eyes were traded for amber as my true nature came forth and I drowned myself with her blood. The foolish girl tried to struggle which made me all the more jubilant. Holding her tightly and savoring her fading warmth, sweet blood coated my tongue and filled my throat. Then it was over. Her life spent and nothing else was left but an empty shell of flesh.

“That is my good little William. My precious Spike.” Drusilla said in dulcet tones from behind me.

I felt her cold arms wrap around me as her tongue darted out to lick the blood from my lips. My Dark Princess had come to join me and a feeling of comfort washed over me.

“Mmmm…” she said rubbing her belly. “I want to play. Does my Spike want to play with me tonight?”

I leaned my head against her and sighed in contentment. My arms found their way around her waist and I pulled her roughly to me which made her giggle enthusiastically. With a devilish grin, my lips attacked hers passionately enjoying the little mews that were rumbling from her throat. I pulled away from her after a while and saw the passion and lust that I was sure was mirrored in mine. My mouth found its way towards her neck, teasing and licking her smooth skin with lips and tongue and that was when a sense of disgust started growing inside me again. I could smell him. I could smell that damn poofter all over my sweet Dark Princess. The grin that was on my face was quickly replaced with a scowl. “But you smell like him Dru. How could you? How long must I share you? I thought you loved me.”

“I do my sweet,” she said caressing my hair. “I do love you.”

“I want you to be mine,” I said trying not to sound like a child.

“But we both belong to them.”

“Bloody hell! I don’t bloody belong to them. I don’t want to be anyone's but yours.”

Drusilla planted kisses on my face and held me close to comfort me. “My dear William. You will be lost to me before long. The pixies tell me this. They tell me of another. Soon there will be another. But we will dance and we will play. I must teach you. It would be a shame if Mummy doesn’t teach you.”

I shook my head and sighed. Dru was talking in riddles again and when she started nothing ever made sense.

“Come and play?” she cooed into my ear and I knew even though Angelus's scent was all over her, I could never resist her kisses. I love her that much. So we sank further into the shadows and my body surrendered itself to her touch. I could pretend for a little while when she moaned my name and wriggled beneath me that she was mine and mine alone. Though I knew deep down that there would be this ache inside later when she would turn from me to be in Angelus' arms. I was immortal. I was undead. But even in this existence love, true love, eluded me.

My thoughts drifted to Cecily – the woman who belittled me in my mortal life. Even now, years after her rejection, her words sear like a hot poker being rammed into my heart. I wanted to forget the pain, but it would somehow surface in the most inopportune moments like now.

I closed my eyes and thought of Dru. I tried to shut everything else out except for her, my wicked plum. My senses focused on giving her what she wanted till I myself was lost in the rhythm of our movements. Her moans grew louder as I thrust deeper into her. I was hoping against hope that maybe that would be enough to burn my grandsire from her thoughts. Someday. ... Someday there would be a woman with me that would truly be mine. She would want no other but me. Perhaps it is a foolish notion for a vampire to hope for. But it was hope. My hope.

**
… a few nights later …

Another night of unrest. At least my Dark Princess was by my side. She moved ever so slightly as her sleeping frame found a more comfortable position. I let my hand rest gently against the small of her back as my fingers absentmindedly drew patterns onto her skin. She stayed with me tonight and I felt a small ounce of joy that she had found some comfort in my embrace. But who knows how long this was going to last? I knew that the only reason my wicked plum was with me now was because Darla had returned from her visit with the Master. Angelus had missed her and there was no room in their play for Dru. A week? ... Maybe two? … That would most probably be all I would have until Angelus starts asking for his beloved daughter once more. And when that time comes, no amount of violence, gifts or bloody trinkets would be enough to keep my beloved princess from her sire’s cold embrace.

If I wanted it, I could warm my bed with Darla. I could bury myself and my sorrow into her open arms and I knew she would do her best to kiss me and make me forget for a little while. Angelus would be furious if that happened though and that notion alone made the idea worth trying. But there were no feelings there -- not for her. She was my grandsire and nothing more. She would let me sit beside her and if she was in a mood, allow me to rest my head on her lap. She would run her fingers through my hair comforting me like a small boy but the time we would spend together seemed nothing more than a formality. We were family after all. One at least had to be civil on occasion.

I hated this. Couldn’t Dru see how much this was agonizing me? I would have glimpses of her while Angelus had her at his whim. This wouldn’t do. I couldn’t allow this anymore. She would see. She had to see that I am just as good if not better than him. Just watch Dru. I’ll make you proud of me. I’ll make you crave me and only me.

**
... a number of months later ...

But nothing worked. Dru was only mine for what always seemed like the briefest of moments. The nights were strewn in killing and bloodshed since that was what she wanted ... that was what they taught me. I listened to Angelus’ sadistic methods and not once complained at Darla’s tactics. This was my nature. This was my calling and they were my family. Killing was more than the need to survive now. It became art. It became poetry. The streets became my canvas, blood became paint and with fists and fangs I created masterpieces. But no matter how much I emulated Angelus and no matter how much I tried to appease all of my Dark Princess’ wants and needs it never seemed enough for her. The restlessness was growing inside me until I finally deciding that I was never going to be like Angelus. Nor did any part of me want to. I would cut my own sodding path and burn my own bloody stamp into history. And just when I was starting to learn who I was and what I wanted in this unlife, she entered it.

She was nothing more than a farmer’s daughter but she walked with the air of a princess. It wasn’t one of pompousness but one of true majesty and grace. I saw her when I was out hunting near the alleyways one evening. She made me forget about the hunt as my senses wanted to be filled with her. I followed her then, walking in the shadows until she got home. Then every night after that sought her out. I wanted to spend each night just watching her through the dirty window of her modest dwelling … hoping that maybe I would catch a glimpse of her beauty from afar. My fingers ached to run through her long blond hair and I wondered if her hands would be soft or rough from manual labor. Her modest clothing hid a body whose curves would entice any man. Would she moan in delight if I played with her? Or would she scream in passion when ecstasy took over. How would she taste? Sweet? Rich?

Night after night I followed and watched fascinated with her beauty and captivated by her smile.

“Elizabeth …” I would murmur into the night sky and watch her smile and laugh and imagine they were for me.

**

A/N: Again, please review and let me know what you think. Should I continue this as Spike first person point of view or switch this to third person? Let me know and thanks for reading.
2 - Comfort by Thianna
CHAPTER 2 - Comfort

Sunlight was still peaking though the dark curtains of the room when sleep left me. The room felt cold and empty… void of any life. Grudgingly I forced my body out of bed as it protested with lack of sleep. What day was it today? For the past year or so, mundane human things such as days or months had no meaning. A day was just another day – the briefest of blinks in the scheme of a vampire’s immortality. A previous night’s kill usually didn’t warrant a memory unless there was something truly significant in it. A certain look of anguish, a certain cry of desperation, or maybe the taste of their blood. Beyond that all that was burned into memory was the feeling of utter ecstasy. But now I wanted to know about long forgotten mundane things. I wanted to know because of her.

It was Sunday and that knowledge brought about disappointment. The marketplace was closed on Sundays which meant she wouldn’t be there tonight. Oh well, there was always the pub and maybe a little gambling. That should be enough of a distraction till the morrow came.

I cast one more look upon my unmade bed and wondered if maybe a few more hours of sleep would do any good. But the sheets smelled of Drusilla and somehow the notion of having her scent around me with only my hand as a companion left a sour taste in my mouth. ‘Sides, did that at least twice before my head hit the pillows last night.


**


Darla was in the study, dressed and ready for the hunt that was still hours away.

“You’re awake early again today, Spike.”

“Couldn’t go back to sleep. It’s a bi' cold if you know what I mean.”

“I know you miss her,” she said standing up and opening her arms in invitation.

With a nod, I closed the distance between us and buried my face in the crook of her neck while her fingers played with my hair. “Will you come with us tonight?” I murmured into her skin. The question was a selfish one for obvious reasons. If Darla joined in the hunt, then my Dark Princess would be by my side.

“I will. You needn’t worry about that. We will hunt like a family tonight.” She moved back to her seat and motioned that I sit beside her. She slowly undid the button on her left wrist and carefully moved the fabric out of the way exposing the pale skin of her forearm. With a gentle smile, she offered her flesh.

“No.”

“No?” she asked in disbelief.

“I shouldn’t.”

“You don’t want it?”

Her response was so candid that it took me aback. The promise of sire blood, even though it wasn’t Dru’s, was a temptation. In fact, the demon within was curious as to how it would taste. “Why?”

“I don’t need to explain myself to you!”

“I bloody well know that! Just askin' why.”

“I can see it in your eyes. I know you want to take it. But if …”

I held her arm firm before she decided to withdraw it. Blue eyes turned to yellow as her blood spilled forth onto my tongue. It was different to say the least but the feeling of familial blood was there. I pulled from her slowly, savoring the attention and the bond she was forming with me.

A low moan escaped her lips, almost inaudible if it were not for vampiric senses. And as another sigh passed her lips, her reasoning was laid bare. Women play such games and I was the bloke that seemed to fall right into them. But one could always changes the rules just a tiny bit. Holding her arm firmly, I alternated between lazily letting my tongue draw circles on her soft skin and pulling her flesh into my mouth sucking gently.

Her right hand curled into a fist as she filled her lungs with unnecessary air. "Spike ... " she said between gasps. Her chest was moving of their own free will now. She placed a hand on the nape of my neck urging me to stop but I held on tightly. She started this game and I just wanted to show her I wasn't going to be her pawn. "Spike ... " she said again almost breathlessly before she found her composure and pushed me away from her.

With a devilish grin, I licked the blood from my teeth and lips and raised an eyebrow suggestively. "Seems like I found m'self a little treat."

"You dare!"

"You bloody offered!"

"You forget your place."

"No I 'aven't. I'm not as stupid as you might think. I know what you were planning. You bints are all alike. Get the blokes to turn on one another ..." But before I could say more her hand connected with my cheek. I replied with a smirk as I turned to face her. "I know why you did it. I know why you wanted my bite on you. Can't really blame you though, pet. But at least he cares. I may hate the bloody ponce but I know he cares about you."

"She loves you."

"I know but not as much as she loves him. I just ... It’s just … Bollocks! ... Tonight. ... I'm hungry. Aren't they up yet?!"

"Knowing them?"

My hands curled into fists in frustration. If maybe I could just see Elizabeth today then maybe the night wouldn't be so bad. She always had a way of calming me down. Funny how a woman I haven't even talked to could have such an affect.

"Be patient for a while longer. And if they're not ready in an hour or two we'll go without them."


**
... the next night ...

"And so this is where dear William seeks refuge ... watching the window of a farmer’s daughter. " Angelus spoke from behind me.

I hated that he was here to interrupt my moment of serenity. Why was he here? Shouldn’t he be with my beloved Drusilla, taking her farther and farther away from me? He shall not take this one. She was mine. I found her first.

"Name's Spike and what the hell are you doing here?! What the lasses finally got some sense and noticed your big forehead, mate?"

"Watch your tongue, boy. I'm still your sire."

"And?" I said with a shrug.

"I should whip you right now for what you did last night."

I couldn't help but flash him a mischievous grin. "Saw that huh? Just taking care of what you couldn't."

He placed his hands on the lapels of my coat and slammed me against a tree. It was too bloody funny seeing him so worked up over a measly bite mark.

"You better wipe that smile off your face."

"Why don't you do it for me?"

He slammed me against the tree one more time before letting me go.

"I didn't come here to fight."

"So why are you bothering me? Just bugger off!"

"But it's more fun to figure out where it is you disappear to night after night."

"So now you know. Mind leaving now, mate?"

“So a farmer’s daughter. There's easier prey in the streets and alleyways ... nameless victims, orphaned riffraff.”

“They are all nameless Angelus. You taught me that. But no… not this one. Not to feed. Well not yet anyway.”

“I see my dear child is fascinated. I guess I can see some merit in it. Or perhaps you’re just curious to know if she would open up to you. As I’ve said before, the game can be as satisfying as the kill.”

“I would never… not to Dru.”

“Come now William. Stop lying to yourself. Are you not the least bit curious to know what she would feel like?”

I couldn’t deny it. Just at sunset I had thought of her. My bed was empty and I needed some release. I had imagined her with me. No, she was beneath me. Her blond hair was fanned out on the soft pillow and her body moved with me as I rocked us back and forth. Her eyes were closed in pleasure as I could imagine her gasping with every thrust as I buried myself deeper and deeper into her warmth. Just thinking of it now made me feel quite uncomfortable.

“There is nothing stopping you child so why do you hesitate? We are free to do as we please… free to take what we want. It is our nature.” he said with a smirk.


**
A/N: Keep on reviewing. It's the only way I know if I should continue with this fic. Thanks guys!
3 - Gentleman by Thianna

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


CHAPTER 3 - Gentleman

Angelus words rang in my head for the rest of the night and all till the next day. He was right. My damn sodding grandsire was right. There was nothing stopping me. I could take from this girl that had invaded my thoughts of late and then it would be done. I would taste her and feel her and my curiosity would be put to rest. So I waited for her by the marketplace as she packed up her stall and readied herself for the walk home. She was a glorious sight. Her clothing, though plain, hugged ever sensuous curve and each time she bent down it felt more and more uncomfortable down below my waist.

Images of my fantasy of her just an hour ago ran through my mind and I wondered if imagination would pale in comparison or if it would be better than the reality I was about to create. If it was any other woman, I would have just whisked her away into a dark alley. Her body would be imprisoned between cold stone and cold flesh. In minutes, her warmth would be flowing from beneath her and engulfing my need. But she wasn't any other woman. I decided that she didn't deserve selfishness. I surmised that perhaps once in her life she earned a taste of heaven. Surely, someone might think that thought was a bit boastful, but I knew what I could do. I knew what women wanted.

With a smile on my lips, I straightened my clothing to hide what I was carrying below my waist for her and walked on cobblestone streets towards her stall.

“I beg your pardon, miss but I was wondering if perhaps you needed any help."

She looked at me for a second assessing with her eyes whether I was friend or foe. If I had not been watching her for so long I would have been surprised by her candid behavior as she shrugged her shoulders. “Don’t really need any help, sir. But if you’re offering, you might as well help with the wheelbarrow there.”

I positioned myself in front of the contraption and lifted it with ease though fiend a small amount of difficulty for show. She grabbed a basket and started walking down the street without so much as looking back. It took some time to weave through the busy marketplace but once past the city limits, the roads were more manageable. The dirt road was easier to handle since the cobblestones jarred the wheelbarrow constantly. We eventually fell into a comfortable pace as she walked beside me.

“Thank you.” She said eventually breaking the silence.

“My pleasure. I was passing by and though you needed 'elp. It’s not really wise of you to be alone at such a late ‘our.”

“Late? It isn’t that late. The sun just set less than an hour ago.”

“Still. Though I think it odd that you do not at least ‘ave your ‘usband with you.”

“Husband?!” she said laughing. “I do not have one sir.”

“Brothers then?”

“No. I have no other kin except my cousins.”

“I’m sorry.”

“No need to apologize. Such is life. My name is Elizabeth by the way.”

“William.” I said with a smile.

“You know, William. Uhm ... Since you helped me tonight I have to repay your kindness. You will stay and at least have dinner.” She said with pleading green eyes.

“I don’t want to impose on you and your family.”

She shook her head vigorously. “No. I’m all alone tonight and wouldn’t mind the company.”

I was a little taken aback that she showed no fear or hesitation in just inviting a complete stranger into her home and to feed him. This led me to either one of two conclusions. Either she was quite naïve which made the idea of conquering her quite desirable. Or she must have some skill in defending herself and felt confident enough to protect her person. Of course I doubted she’s ever faced a demon before.

We reached the farm soon enough and I kept up the act of being the concerned gentleman. It just didn’t feel like the right time to act yet.

Dinner was simple with stew and some bread but it didn’t really matter since sitting beside her now was better than the nights I spent outside in the cold. Her laugh was infectious and she glowed with a sort of light. Each minute that passed I knew I had to take her but things had to be handled with a sense of delicacy. I didn’t want to take from her unwillingly. I wanted to truly feel her against me. I wanted her to move with me and not against me.

"Well let me clear up the table then make us some tea." She said with a small smile.

She was busy cleaning the dishes she carried into the kitchen that she didn't hear me follow her with the last two plates. I purposely waited in silence behind her for a few seconds before leaning in, arms outstretched on either side of her as I unloaded my burden in the sink in front of her. She gasped in surprise and quickly turned around only to find herself inches from piercing blue eyes.

Blood colored her cheeks briefly and I closed my eyes to imprint her sweet scent to memory. Taking a chance, my hands moved towards her arms.

“William … “ she said so inaudibly that it was only with my vampiric hearing that I caught it.

“Yes?” I said letting my hands travel up and down her arms slowly.

“What are you doing?” she asked softly.

“Admiring you, pet.”

“Why?”

“Why not? You’re beautiful.”

She shook her head. “You must be mistaken. Surely the city women have more charm and class and…”

"Shhhh..." I said silencing her with one finger. “They have nothing compared to you, Elizabeth.” I leaned in towards her ear, my lips but a hairs breathe away from her skin. "You are beautiful.”

“I am not.” She said coyly.

“Will you let me be the judge of that?”

"But ..."

Her words were lost to her when my lips attacked the soft skin just below her ear with a soft kiss. Her heart started beating faster and the blood beneath her neck pumped strongly to life.

A gentle sigh escaped her lips as I pursed my own on her skin once more. Her body trembled ever so slightly as she felt kisses along the line of her jaw, inching towards the plump pink flesh of her lips. It was the lightest of touches but she didn't resist and her subtle sighs and moans seemed to signal that she wanted more. Not wanting to disappoint her, I leaned in and pressed down for a fuller kiss. She moved against me, her lips moving of their own accord now and I could feel the need and passion just below the surface. That was what I was looking for. So with lips and tongue I coaxed it. I wanted to be engulfed by the fire that I felt was burning brightly within her.

My hands went from sink to waist as I pulled her closer to me. Her body seemed to fit perfectly in my arms. Breaking the kiss to let her breath, I looked into her eyes as she stared at mine. “Believe me now when I say you’re beautiful?”

She bit her lower lip nervously which looked so adorable as she thought about the question. “Do you want me to show you just how beautiful I think you are?”

She hesitated for a moment so I released one arm from her waist and took her hand to kiss it in reverence. “Let me worship you, Elizabeth. Let me show you just how I see you.”

Rationality and need battled it out in her eyes as her lower lip suffered from slight worry. But the verdict ended up in my favor as she wrapped her arms around my neck and pressed her lips against mine. “Show me?” she said almost breathless.

I lifted her in my arms and let her lead me to her room. Once there I gently let her down on her feet. I kissed her forehead gently before standing up to my full height once again. I just stood there for a moment, admiring her beauty and a little surprised that she actually had agreed. I wasn't about to question why she agreed to be here with me. Honestly, I could really care less. With a tender look, my fingers pulled at the laces of her top, pushing the fabric down along with her shift to expose her soft breasts. She looked away from me and pulled at the fabric to cover her bosom once more. "None of that. There's nothing for you to be ashamed of, luv. Come now. Let me see you're true beauty."

"I'm sorry." She shook her head. She was confused ... unsure ... perhaps slightly ashamed that she agreed to this so quickly.

"Look at me, Elizabeth. ... Please?"

It took some time but she eventually turned her head to face me, her eyes locking on to mine. "Beautiful ..." I said before leaning down to capture her lips in a gentle kiss.

Tentatively she moved her arms ever so slightly keeping her top up but placing her hands against my chest. I thought for sure that she was going to push me away but the pressure she was applying soon disappeared as my tongue teased her lower lip wanting at least to taste more of her if this was all I was going to get tonight. The demon inside me was screaming that she was still clothed; that she wasn’t trying to catch her breath or that she wasn't wriggling beneath me. I scoffed him away knowing that from her it had to be freely given. Reluctantly I pulled away from her, brushing a lock of hair from her cheek.

"I should go. I've overstayed my ...”

Her hand suddenly grabbed my arm. "No! I mean ... uhm ... you don't have to ... leave."

"Ain't proper for me to stay now is it pet?"

"You didn't come here to be proper anyway."

She never ceased to amaze me. " ‘ow did you come to that conclusion, luv?"

She bit her lower lip nervously then turned her head to one side. "I've watched you," she said as her cheeks warmed in embarrassment. "I've seen you in the city passing by the marketplace. I know you watch me. Everyday near sunset, you come by and watch me. I know how men look at women. I've seen you give me that look enough times. I maybe poor, William, but not blind."

"So why ‘esitate?"

"I've never ... Someone as handsome as you I'm sure you've had lovers before. I'm ... I don't know what to do."

"It's not 'ard, luv. Just let yourself go. But are you sure Elizabeth? I wouldn't want to take something you don't want to give."

She slowly leaned in for another kiss wanting to lose herself, hoping to find that alluring lack of inhibition she found but moments ago. She moved her arms away from her chest, the soft fabric of her top caressing her bosom as it slid down to her waist. She gasped in surprise as my left hand cupped her breast, kneading it gently. I could feel the slight uncertainty building inside her again. "Shhh, Eliza ...” She crushed her lips against mine and leaned her body closer.

My hand explored the smooth skin of her body, marveling at the softness of her breasts and thighs as well as the tautness of her flat stomach. I slid my fingers lower, finding her warmth and need. Fingers rubbed against the soft fabric of her undergarment, applying pressure until I felt dampness. I wanted more and cursed at the amount of fabric women fancied wearing. She pulled away from me and took a few steps back.

I couldn't hide the disappointment I was feeling from the lack of contact and the idea that maybe she was feeling modest again. But to my surprise she began undoing her clothes. One by one they fell to the floor until all that was left was her body bathed in the gentle moonlight that fought to illuminate her room. Not wanting her to be alone in her nakedness, I undid my own clothing, discarding them with abandon somewhere in her small room. I quickly closed the distance between us, already aching to have her against me and around me but I needed to be gentle.

I lifted her into my arms and then gently laid her down on her bed. Once there, my fingers found their way to the warmth they discovered before, happy now that that there was no obstruction preventing me from truly feeling her. They slowly traced the length of her slit before slipping gently in. My body felt anxious as I heard the half gasp, half moan that her body sang. My lips littered soft kisses on the tender flesh of her breast and with a devilish smirk, I moved my mouth over a nipple and teased it slightly with my tongue. She shuddered at the continued assault on her breasts and her quim as my demon relishing in her moans. Her breathing turned erratic as I dared slip another finger into her and increased the speed of my thrusts. Her hands gripped the bed sheets as my thumb rubbed against the small ball of nerves near her quim and soon she found herself lost in euphoria.

"William ..."

"Yes, luv?"

"Please?"

"What is it you want, pet?"

"Please? ... "

"Tell me luv. Do not be afraid to tell me."

"Make me yours William. Let me know what a woman feels like."

In one swift move, I positioned myself above her and with a kiss I slid inside her. I could feel the barrier that announced her innocence and with one powerful thrust I buried myself deeper. Her slight whimper caused a tiny ache in my chest which I ignored focusing on the feel of her around me. My brave little Elizabeth held on, not once complaining about the pain I could read on her face. It would fade in time, but I wanted to ease it so I littered kiss on her bosom, wanting to distract her from the pain with a more pleasurable sensation.

Soon, her hips moved slightly against mine and the moans I had missed came back. Hips rocked against each other as we found a rhythm that seemed to increase her cries of pleasure.

"Will ... uhhh ... uhhh ... please ... Will... more ... " Her arms wrapped themselves around me pulling me closer and deeper into her as she drowned once more into the sea of ecstasy. Her muscles wrapped around my shaft tightly and soon I myself was lost inside her.

A languid smile was painted on her face as her fingers played with the soft curly locks of my hair. "Does ... does it always feel like that?" she said trying to catch her breath

"Yes and better if you'd let me, luv."

"Promise?" she said with a slight childlike innocence that was so endearing.

"On my honor as a gentleman."

"Don't lie. We both know that's not what you are and that's not what I want."
4 - Presents by Thianna
**

Image hosted by Photobucket.com






CHAPTER 4 – Presents

I paid heed. I actually paid heed to my poofter of a grandsire's advice. I had taken my sweet angelic Elizabeth. I had felt her and tasted her but in turn she had weaved her spell and captured me. The one night of pleasure that I yearned for was not enough and a part of me doubted that my hunger for my sweet angel could ever be satisfied. She was supposed to be dead in the morning. It was to be one night of passion where her body would warm my own and flesh would remember something other than bloodlust. She was suppose to be mine and mine alone – forever a part of my being as her life would become fuel for my existence. Her moans and sighs were no longer to be heard and the memory of them was solely my property. That was how it was suppose to be. However, life can be quite humorous.

She had enraptured me and I found myself night after night yearning for her embrace. Each night she waited and like a proper gentleman I walked her home. Then I would leave her in the company of her family only to return hours later after taking a body or two into me. She then waited till the house turned to silence before slipping out of her room and into the barn where I whisked her away to heaven with muffled moans and passionate sighs.

In public, we were perhaps an odd pair -- a gentleman courting a farmer's daughter. However in the dark, behind closed doors we danced the oldest of dances in nothing more than what we were born with. She had drawn me into her and I found myself not wanting to leave. In her arms I felt eerily safe like it was something familiar that I had merely forgotten.

My darling Dark Princess had protested but once that I smelled of another. She seemed hurt and surprisingly it felt like sweet vengeance. How many nights had she spurned me for Angelus' touch? How many times did I plead like a stupid lad at the fact that she wouldn't walk beside me when we hunted?

" ‘ave you turned away from me my Dark Knight?"

"Was I even truly yours? And so what if I ‘ave found someone else to play with?" I spat back.

"She is imperfect. She is unworthy." she said calmly, leaning her forehead against mine. "Dear Spike ... will you not kiss me? Will you not kiss Mummy?"

"Why?"

"No pouting from my darling Spike." She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me into a kiss. "Mummy wants to play tonight. I want to ‘unt. I want to feed. I want to ‘ear the delicious cries that women make when they're against you. … When they’re between us. Mmmm ..." she said rubbing her belly. "Can we play?"

How could I resist when she asked so nicely? The anger was gone. My Dark Princess wanted me and one night away from Elizabeth was a small price to pay.

My wicked plum held onto my arm and the hunt was like it had been in the past. But I soon found out between feedings that thoughts of my angel burned brightly in my mind. I felt guilt of having abandoned her for one night. Perhaps she would be furious. Perhaps she would scream or maybe even cry. But with a small pout and a passionate kiss she should find it in her heart to forgive me. That should be enough. If it wasn’t, then I'm sure we would both enjoy all the different ways I would grovel to get back into her good graces.


**
a week later ...


"Wot? You cannot be serious!"

"Please! Will you not do it for me my Spike?"

"But in Paris? The bloody doll makers are just as good here in London."

"But I want something different and Mummy is making Daddy go there anyway."

"Bollocks! You think it's a good idea that I accompany the Poofter?"

"You will be a good boy. You will be a good boy for Daddy."

"Bugger that!"

She drew me into her arms and kissed me gently on the cheek. "Please? We'll have a party when you return."

With a sigh, I hung my head. My sire had asked me to search for something and though I wanted to protest some more, I knew I had no choice. When Darla and Dru put their minds into something there really was no arguing. So Angelus took me with him as we left the comfort of England and headed to Paris.

The bints wanted dresses and trinkets and bobbles and it seemed strange that they wanted us to get it for them. None of it made sense. Why send a couple of blokes to do their shopping? Dru wanted a new doll and a new dress and sad to say, I actually had an inkling of what to get her.

Angelus was fairly amused about the prospect of the trip. “Come now William. Don’t look so downcast. A different city to sink our teeth into. I’m sure the pretties here would prove quite alluring.”

“But why send us ‘ere? You’d think they’d want to do this themselves.”

“Perhaps they’re testing our devotion.” Angelus laughed out loud. “Aaah, who can understand a woman anyway? I need a change of pace and definitely a new set of clothes.”

“I could use a good ol’ fashion brawl.”

“So brash William.” Angelus said wrinkling his nose.

“I would ‘ave thought you’d understand the allure of it Liam. Nothing like a good fight and a large pint of ale.”

Angelus shook his head and his eyes flashed yellow in warning. “You best get it out of your system here. I do not want you to put the family in danger like before. Do that again and I’ll find a Slayer myself and feed you to her.”

“Mmmm … reckon I might do it just to meet one.”

Angelus gave me another icy glare but it soon faded when a pretty lass caught his eye. “Time for lessons William. You think you can fetch me that one?”

“Do I get to taste this time or just leave ‘er begging for more?”

“Start slow. The nights still young.”

I nodded curtly and set out after the lass. The game was seduction and despair. Taking her wouldn’t be as blunt as cornering her in an alley and draining her dry. No. Angelus craved the fear he could give them just as much as the blood he could take from them. So I let the act begin by befriending the young lass then leading her to a quiet spot. From there the play progressed according to the victim’s whims. But in the end, the act ended in the same way. … Blood. … Moans. … Screams. … Death.



**
… around a week later …. Back in England

I was surprised but thankful that Angelus was in a good mood as we stepped off the train. The week or so trip away from England did plenty to lighten his mood. He even hired a coach to take us back to the house that we have made our home for the past couple of months. Perhaps I’m reading too much into it. We had mountains of packages and there was no bloody way we would have been able to bring all of that back from the train station. No. He seemed happy for some reason. I guess I shouldn’t argue. He did get me a new pair of boots and two new suits.

Drusilla greeted us at the door. It was obvious that she was excited about something since she danced and giggled in the front parlor.

“ ‘appy to see me my wicked ripe plum?” I said finally catching her in my arms.

“Oooooh … Yes! Yes!” she said with a playful growl. “I missed my Spike. ‘e was gone for so very long.” I felt her lips capture mine as she wrapped her arms around my neck possessively. It felt good that for once Dru placed her affections on me before Angelus but still it seemed strange that she was overly excited.

“We brought you presents.” I said between kisses.

Dru gave me the sweetest smile. “Presents. You and Daddy brought presents. Does Ms. Edith ‘ave a new friend to play with?”

“Yes. Ms. Edith ‘as a new playmate. I think you’ll like ‘er. I picked ‘er out myself.”

Drusilla squealed in delight as she released me then made her way to Angelus. “What did Daddy get me?”

“Everything you asked for.” He said with a devious grin.

“I’ve been good. … I’ve been very good. Mommy says so. Can I show ‘im now? Is it time for our party?”

I gave Angelus a puzzled look. “Party? What are you talking about pet?”

“You’ll see. You’ll see. I’ll go get Mommy and then we can start the party. I’ve been good. … I ‘aven’t touched the present. Didn’t want to give the surprise away.” Drusilla said playfully making her way up the stairs and disappearing into a bedroom.

“Oi, do you know what she’s talking about mate?”

“Patience William.”

It seemed like I wasn’t going to get a straight answer from anyone. I just shook my head and let my coat slide from my frame. Then it hit. A scent. A scent I had not experienced in over a week. The trip to Paris was filled with pleasure and pain for though I indulged myself in blood and drink, my thoughts often fluttered to Elizabeth. I found myself staring at fading stars as the sun rose. I often wondered what she was doing at that moment as I hid into the confines of my room to sleep the day away. That scent. Her scent. But here? How? Only Angelus knew I craved the farm girl. Did Angelus tell the others my secret?

With a quick turn of my head I saw her. She was angelic still though flanked on either side by my sire and Darla. What was she doing here? What had they done to her? As I gazed upon her beauty, I knew the one thing that my senses were missing -- the one thing that made this entire scene seem surreal. She had no heart beat.

Dru rushed on ahead of Elizabeth and Darla and planted herself in my arms. “You like Spike? Do you like ‘er?”

I tried to look into Elizabeth’s eyes but she would not look at me. Why wouldn’t she look at me? Why does she seem guilty? Why does she seem so ashamed? I let my eyes wander over to Darla and gave her a questioning look.

“Do you not like her William? She is a gift for our precious boy. She is still very young but I can tell she is strong. “

“But ‘ow? When?”

“Wanted to surprise you. Wanted to make you ‘appy. Saw ‘er I did swimming in your ‘ead. So I made ‘er for you.” Dru said smiling and twirling about.
5 - Always by Thianna

Image hosted by Photobucket.com




CHAPTER 5 – Always


Dru was dancing all around us, smiling and happy. She eventually stopped beside me and placed her right hand behind my back. “Do you not want talk to my new baby? My Dark Knight should meet the new Princess,” she cooed in my ear before she urged me forward with a gentle push.

I took a tentative step forward wondering what was on Elizabeth’s mind. She wouldn’t look at me and I was afraid that she abhorred me now. But this wasn’t my fault. This was beyond my control. I didn’t wish this on her. Wouldn’t have done this to her unless she asked for it. I should have known something was up when they sent me and Angelus away. Bloody fucking bints.

I saw Darla give Elizabeth a little nudge in my direction and she made her way towards me, but still didn’t lift her eyes.

“Pet?” She still said nothing. She was silent and cold. Where has my warmth gone?

“Perhaps she just needs to feed, William. The night is young. Go take her. I’m sure we’ll find something to amuse ourselves here.” Angelus said as he eyed both his child and sire.

I couldn’t help but roll my eyes in disgust at him. Unfortunately, he was right. There were other things to worry about now. There were a lot of things Elizabeth and I had to talk about and I hoped that maybe being alone with me would help her relax. She seemed nervous and the fact that she still wouldn’t look at me was unnerving.

Darla fastened a hooded cloak around Elizabeth’s neck as I grabbed my coat from where I left it. I firmly took her hand in mine and led her out into the cold London night.

She walked with me in eerie silence and I couldn’t help but steal glances at the woman by my side. She was beautiful with her hair intricately brushed up and pinned exposing her delicate neck. The dress she wore I could only imagine was Darla’s since I doubted Elizabeth had the means to buy anything so fancy with what she earned in selling vegetables. I wanted to talk to her, to figure out what was on her mind but I couldn’t seem to form the right words to say. And so we walked side by side in silence, her eyes still downcast. My only comfort was that she kept her hand in mine.

Then she stopped in mid-step. She gave my hand a gentle squeeze and I caught the subtle trembling of her lower lip.

“Elizabeth?” I asked with concern.

“Blood.” She said. That was the first word she uttered tonight as she lifted her eyes. Her gaze was not directed on me though. Her eyes rested on a lad of around fourteen or fifteen who was trying to keep himself warm.

With a comforting smile I bade her to slink back into the shadows. I made my way to the youth, thinking up of a way to lure him to come with me.

“Boy, feel like earning a pound or two?”

He looked at me warily. “And what would I ‘ave to do to earn it, sir?”

“My wife and I just arrived from Paris and we were headed towards the hotel over there when she clumsily twisted her ankle. I have to carry her and need an extra pair of hands to carry our luggage. Could you do that me, boy?”

I saw him think about it but for a moment before he nodded and followed me back to Elizabeth. The promise of money and a few minutes of warmth inside the hotel was enough incentive for him.

Elizabeth’s eyes danced with delight as she saw the lad walking towards her. When he was close enough for her reach, she moved quickly, flinging him against the darkened alley knocking the poor boy unconscious. She was on his neck in a blink of an eye. I watched in fascination at how easily she had taken to feeding. Darla and Drusilla must have taught her about her nature. The boy’s limp body fell to the ground as she turned to face me. Her tongue slowly licked the blood of her lips as her demon faded to reveal her angelic face once more. I moved closer to her, my hand reaching out to wipe away a smidgen of blood that had marred her cheek. Still she wouldn’t look at me.

“Luv?”

“I’m not your angel anymore.” She said sadly.

“Wot? Why do you say that, luv?”

“I just killed that boy. I’ve killed others too. My Sire showed me that it was the way.”

I wondered for a moment why she felt guilty over the kill. She seemed to relish in it since I heard her moaning when she drank just minutes ago.

“You said I was your angel. You told me that I was your sweet and caring angel I was your sunshine. I can’t be your angel anymore. I can't be that angel anymore.” She said with sadness in her eyes.

And then I realized that it was not guilt over the kill that made her look away from me, but guilt that she was no longer the woman I placed in such high regard. I placed two fingers on her chin and lifted her head to make her look at me. I looked upon her with tenderness and then bent down and pressed my lips against hers. "Never say that, luv. Never ever say that about yourself. You are my angel. Always ..."

She searched my eyes to see if I spoke the truth. Her eyes lit up. Then she leaned into me and we kissed with the same fervor that we had shown each other each and every night that we were together the past month. She pressed herself against me, wanting to melt into our mutual embrace.

"I missed you." She said huskily between kisses.

"Will you forgive me for leaving so suddenly, luv?"

"You don’t need to apologize. It doesn't matter now. You're here. You’re with me." She pulled me down to her lips once more.


**

We finally made our way back to the house about an hour or so before sunrise. Between kisses and feedings she told me how she was turned and what had happened to her the week while I was away.

Darla and Dru had approached her as she was packing up her stall and told her that they were my sisters. They said that I was truly sorry that I couldn’t meet up with her since I had business to attend to out of town. They said that they knew that their brother was in love with a farm girl and they told her that I was actually considering making her my bride. With sweet words and gentle hugs, they assured her that they were not opposed to such a union despite the difference in our stature because they had never seen me so happy before.

Elizabeth admitted that she felt flattered that I had professed such love for her. But then Darla weaved the tale that our “Mother” might not approve of the union despite the feelings we had for each other. They wanted to help her become a proper lady. They wanted to teach change her and make her more presentable to society. Elizabeth had agreed and said she would do whatever was needed to be closer to me. They had lured her into a fantasy before draining her dry and then Drusilla turned her.

It was all a lie and I was angered that they took her and made her without her full knowledge of what her life was to be now. But it was done and I couldn’t deny that part of me was also overjoyed that now she could be with me for all eternity. At least they were kind enough not to have buried her. That was an experience I wouldn’t have wanted her to feel.

We made our way up the stairs and I escorted her to her room. She kissed me once more and with her wonderful smile bid me good night.

So much has happened in the span of day and my mind was exhausted trying to absorb everything that had transpired. Elizabeth was in my life now. She was truly in my life. No more hiding. No more secrets. But it seemed like my day was hardly over when I found Dru in my room and sitting on my bed.

“You’re back. My Spike is back.” She said running towards me and flinging her arms around my neck.

“Yes luv I am.”

“Mummy is so proud of ‘er babies. Do you like ‘er Spike? Do you like my present?”

I gave her a warm smile. “Yes Dru, I love my present. … But why?”

“Spike shouldn’t question why. I made ‘er … made ‘er perfect for you.”

“It wasn’t right Dru. None of that was right!”

“But you were sad and I could see her swimming about.”

“Did she even want this? She was perfect the way she was!”

Dru just shook her head. “No she was not. Now she is. I didn’t want to see you sad. I know all about feeling sad … all about being alone. I want all of us to be ‘appy.” She said brushing her lips against mine. “But I know you’re ‘appy now. She’s yours now and yours alone. Show me your ‘appy Spike. Show me ‘ow much you love me.”

I lowered my head to nuzzle her neck and went about through the motions that I knew she wanted from me. Though her touch made my body move of its own accord, my thoughts seemed to be somewhere else. It wasn’t here. It wasn’t with Dru as I knew she thought of someone else as well. In my mind it was Elizabeth who was wriggling beneath me and squealing in delight. I was with my angel -- the woman I had yearned for when I was away … the woman that fate had so graciously given to me.
6 - Winged Angel by Thianna
Image hosting by Photobucket



CHAPTER 6 – Winged Angel


Drusilla always got what she wanted. She wanted a happy family and with her gracious gift we became one.

The nights were filled with blood and lust. Elizabeth learned quickly. Darla knew what she was talking about when she mentioned that my dear angel was strong. She took to feeding and killing as if it was second nature, though I could still sense some distaste in her when Angelus would teach her the best way to make a man scream in pain. She relished in the kill but she wanted to claim her prize quick. She didn’t want to wait for the taste of her victim’s blood.

It would take her some time to learn how to enjoy being the harbinger of death and pain. If memories of her human life were important to her, then it would really take some time. She was a farmer's daughter. Her life was devoted to seeing things grow, to watching the seasons change and to understanding that the world revolved around mother nature's cycles. She no longer lived in that world. Human mortality could no longer touch her. She would never age and she would never change. And now, instead of nurturing life, she was its destroyer.

I could feel the slight unrest inside her, despite what everyone else in the family thought. No one knew of the nights she would sob softly in her sleep and I didn't have the heart to tell her about them either. It would just be harder for her to accept her nature that way. Or maybe it was me that was clinging to that old ideal. Perhaps dear Elizabeth was right that she was no longer my sweet angel. The demon inside me scoffed at the idea. Elizabeth was no longer William's sweet angel. She was Spike’s. Now she was my Sera and my darling Dark Princess was right when she said she made her perfect just for me.


**

… sometime in 1882 …


The scene in the darkened alley looked quite inappropriate to any who passed by though to a vampire, it was all perfectly natural. A tall rather built man was on his back while a young woman, who looked like she was barely out of her teenage years, was sitting on top of him. Her head was bent down by the man's neck. Her skirts were hiked up exposing her tone legs and thighs. She needed the fabric out of the way to comfortably straddle the man by his hips. Her body was moving to some music only she could hear as she mewed and purred in delight. The scene itself was quite arousing especially since she took her time, enjoying the feel of blood and life as it flowed from her victim into her body.

"Enjoying yourself, luv?"

She stopped a few seconds later, standing up and away from the now dead flesh. She smoothed down her skirts and pushed her hair behind her shoulders. She licked her lips and moaned in slight contentment. "It would have been better if he was easier on the eyes."

"Why did you pick that bloke anyway? You wouldn't 'ave needed my 'elp to bring ‘im down if you got someone a little smaller."

"But you looked so handsome being my knight in shining armor." she said batting her eyelashes in a mocking tribute to the conservative ladies of the time.

"Bah! You still could have gotten ‘urt, Sera."

"He's dead now. All is well. And you know I can handle myself."

"Sure you can. You ‘andled yourself real well that you needed my ‘elp just minutes ago, pet.”

“He was giving me a strange look.”

“And that was a good enough reason to take him on?”

“You’re giving me advice?!”

“But you’re still young, Sera. I ‘ave more experience than you, luv.”

"You've got what? One year ahead of me? Now, if you were as old and as strong as Angelus. … "

Without even thinking, my hand clamped around her throat and I slammed her against the side of the building. "Don't you dare compare me to ‘im. Just because the poofter has a century over me doesn’t mean he’s better."

But the effect I wanted was wasted on her. She knew for a fact that I would do nothing to really harm her. So she just smiled and licked her lips. "I wasn't comparing really. Just stating a fact dear Spike." She reached out her hand to caress my cheek. "I want you." She said huskily.

My hand moved from the front of her neck to her nape as I pulled her roughly to crush my lips against hers in a passionate kiss. She pursed her lips and sucked on my lower lip before sliding her tongue into my mouth. She moved her hands to peruse my body. She then let them travel from my chest down to my crouch before breaking the kiss.

"I like it. My new name that is. Tell me again what it means." She asked with a devilish grin as she continued to tease me.

“It means fiery angel.”

“I remember that. But the poem. … I want to hear the poem you wrote about me.”

“My poems are ‘ardly any good, luv.”

“I love that poem. Tell it to me.” She said half-pleading.

I took a deep breath and moved closer to whisper the poem into her ear.

”Sunlight in the dark
Fire through the cold
My angel calls to me
And I answer lost in her honeyed tones”


I nibbled her ear gently before continuing.

“Her voice is sweet desire
Her body soft and willing
But there is passion beneath this woman
This servant once consecrated to god”


My left hand moved from her neck as I traced her shoulder and then moved down her arm.

“Now she is a warrior
A Winged princess of the night
Yet she is still sunlight
Bright, piercing, shimmering, aglow
Sera, winged angel
I placate myself before you
Engulf me
Take me
Make me”



She giggled at the faint breath and soft kisses that tickled her ear. "That's not how I remember that poem ending."

I pulled my head back and gave her a questioning look. "And 'ow do you know that, luv?"

She stuck out her tongue like a little child. "I couldn't resist looking one day. I wonder though how you were able to have sketches of me in there from before I was reborn."

"Now you're mocking me, Sera."

"I think it's sweet."

"Take that back!"

"Awww..." she brushed her lips against mine, her tongue begging entrance. I lost myself in her touch once more. I wanted nothing more than to take her right then and there. But the night was young. The hunt had just started and I still didn’t have my fill.

The scent of strong perfume found its way towards our little shadowed retreat. It seemed like she caught it too as she pulled away and gave me a wry smile. "Intrigued?"

"’ungry."

"That much perfume, I would say, in her thirties. Has some money though, she smells like she had a bath."

"'Cor, I could care less as long as her blood is rich."

"Going to play with her? Can I watch?"

"Shall we make ‘er scream, pet? ‘aven't ‘eard terror in a while."

She clapped her hands in delight as her eyes flashed from green to amber then back to green again.

"I'll be back, my dear Sera." I said taking her hand and kissing it gently before walking towards the street to meet the woman that had called to my senses. I wondered briefly what fantasy I would have to fulfill for this woman. What type of man would she need to let herself go? What sliver of heaven would be my gift before death claimed her in its eternal embrace? I stole a quick glance at my Sera and thought that I was the luckiest bloke in the world.



**
A/N: I decided to rename Elizabeth(which means consecrated to God) as Sera which is related to two names >> 1) Sarah meaning "lady" or "princess" in Hebrew or 2)Seraphim which is from the Latin name Seraphinus, which meant "fiery ones" and can also be derived to mean heavenly or winged angel.
7 - The Party by Thianna

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


CHAPTER 7 – The Party

A/N: Graphic violence please be warned…



… a year or so later … circa 1883 …

No matter where we went or where Angelus felt like taking the family to feed, Sera was always there. We always hunted side by side and I knew my wicked plum was utterly delighted when we would dance with each other. She said we looked like a fairy tale -- a prince and princess waltzing over their kingdom. Maybe that was what inspired me to do it that one night.

Angelus had decided he felt like feeding on something more aristocratic. He somehow managed to get us into a fairly modest ball. It was modest only because the host had decided to invite a chosen few. The party was quite extravagant -- ornate gowns, exquisite food and servants all ready to do as their master wished. As usual, Angelus had Darla and Dru on either arm as he made the necessary formalities with the host of the ball. Sera and I decided to lose ourselves in the crowd, each scanning for potential victims that would satisfy our thirst for the night.

"Problems, my sweet Sera?" I said when she sighed and leaned her head against my arm.

"No ... not really." she said with a slight pout.

"Then why are you pouting, luv? Or is that for me?" I said leaning down to erase the pout from her lips with a kiss.

"I thought we would have fun tonight, but ... "

"But?” I casually perused the room and realized why she was somewhat disappointed. “I see. No young lads in ‘ere that suit your fancy, pet?"

"No. But I see a number of women that I know you can't wait to sink your teeth into."

"My darling knows me well."

"I think it's unfair that you’re going to get what you want tonight."

The string quartet the host had hired for the evening had started playing another song and I grabbed Sera's hand pulling her to the dance floor. "In the end it will all be the same, luv. But will you let me try and make it enjoyable for you? I'm sure between the two of us we can make things quite interesting." I said giving her a quick wink as we fell into place. Her skirt swirled around as her hips moved from side to side.

"You spoil me too much, Spike."

"Mum will torture me if I do not treat ‘er baby right."

"Is that all?" she said leaning closer, her lips barely touching my own.

"Well I ‘ave my reasons, pet."

"Care to share them with me?"

"Maybe. ... But right now let me be the perfect gentleman and make you the envy of every woman in the room."

If Sera could blush, her cheeks would be red by now. I held her close to me maybe a little too possessively as we danced to the music and my attentions were focused on her. I was lost in her. Nothing else seemed to matter except for the feel of her against me. Her eyes looked upon me with such kindness though her body spoke of other emotions within her. My Sera was divine. She giggled as we danced around the dance floor, and being a man of my word I made her the envy of every female in the room.

She squeezed my hand gently and motioned with her eyes in the direction where Drusilla sat. My Dark Princess was playing her part. She was batting her eyelashes coyly at the small group of gentlemen that had gathered around her. Darla was on the other side of the room, doing pretty much the same thing. Angelus was … Angelus was headed our way. The damn ponce was always around when I was enjoying myself. He placed a firm hand on my shoulder.

“May I cut in, cousin?”

So we were to be cousins today. Guess that was a better explanation than nephew or brother. “No you may blo … No you may not, cousin.” I said catching myself in time before the curse word came out.

“It’s time William. I’ll keep Sera company for you.” He said calmly though I can see the annoyance in his eyes caused by my obvious defiance. With a sigh, I relinquished my hold on Sera, giving a slight bow.

The sound of her skirt gently brushing the dance floor was the last my vampire ears heard as I exited the room and headed towards the servants quarters. Yes, tonight the bloody ponce didn’t want to be bothered with peasant blood. He was wearing his finest clothes for the evening and god forbid that it be stained with commoner flesh. I, on the other hand, could care less but doing this meant being away from Sera.

Would she fall into the bloody ponce's hands like Dru? She was young and impressionable. The fact that Angelus was our grandsire did not make me feel comfortable about the situation. The obvious attraction between sire and child would always be there and though Angelus did not sire us directly, he still held some power over us. There was nothing I could do about that. The damn poofter didn't really seem that interested in her since he had his little daughter and Darla to occupy his days and nights. But the damn wanker saw himself as the head of the family, even though Darla was rightfully our progenitor. He would claim everything as his, and perhaps it was only a matter of time before he would try to take Sera for himself. There was no way in bloody hell that I was going to allow that to happen. He took Dru away from me. He wasn’t going to take Sera as well. ... Unless Sera herself wanted to be with him.

I shook my head trying to erase the doubt that was trying to take root inside me. Now was not the time for uncertainty. I had a job to do. I had a hunger to feed. At least the stable boys would put up a decent fight and the maids would provide some form of amusement.

**

A small group of males were busy gambling in one part of the stable as the smell of humans, alcohol, horses and feces filled the air. There were fifteen of them in total. There were ten coach drivers and five stable boys. The stable was far enough from the main house that any commotion would go unnoticed.

I carefully removed my coat and folded it neatly along with other articles of clothing that were too precious to be in a fight. Muscles ached for the violence and the demon inside was anxious for the taste of blood. There was no need for subtlety. The objective was to kill all of them so why waste the energy in talking when fists were more than enough.

Thankfully, they only had one entrance opened at the time, the entryway for the horses was shut due to the colder weather. Quietly, I locked those doors from the outside then made my way around to enter the stables. I moved with stealth and climbed up the carefully arranged tower of hay. Bracing myself between the stable wall and the precarious tower I just climbed, I pushed with my legs to topple it over. A loud crash rang through out the stable as hay now blocked the only exit.

The crash caused the stable boys to come rushing towards the entrance. Each one sighed as their heavy footsteps told of their obvious frustration at having to clear up the mess at such a late hour. Their complaints were a muffled mess to my ears as I made my way towards bigger game.

The first one hardly had time to gasp as his neck was broken. I moved quickly to the next two, knocking one hard into the ground unconscious while the other was drained of blood. With fangs and blood, I turned to the other seven. Two screamed in terror at the sight of the demon before them and ran towards one of the exits. The other five had enough alcohol in them to be courageous enough to face the unknown and attacked much to my delight.

It was an exhilarating enough exercise I suppose. Punches and kicks were exchanged though I pulled a few of my blows just to prolong the violence. One was even brave enough to find a pitchfork which made things quite interesting. He lunged at me with its pointed edge and I gave him some glimmer of hope by jumping back a few times. Then, seeing the budding confidence within him, I caught the base of the handle with my left hand as he swung his weapon in from his right. I felt the slight sting as one of the prongs hit flesh but it was nothing. With a firm grip on the wooden handle, I used his weight against him, throwing him back a few feet. I felt someone coming after me from behind and I twisted the pitchfork and had him impaled. A shocked gasped escaped what was left of his lungs as his blood spilled forth onto dirty metal. The smell of blood urged me forward until there was none left except for the two cowards that ran and the stable boys.

I found the two cowards, cowering in a corner, praying to a god that would be silent tonight. They did nothing except shove a small cross in front of themselves, hoping against hope that that would drive me away. I knocked their precious trinket from their hands, ignoring the slight burn when metal touched skin. They watched with frightful eyes as they continued to chant their litany of prayers. Prayers soon turned into screams as their life ebbed into my throat.

I couldn’t help but chuckle at the thought that maybe in some small way I was actually helping them get closer to their god.

**

“Miss, you shouldn’t be here. It’s dangerous. We’ve …”

“Aaaah…. She’s one of them…”

“… RUN!”

“But where… aaah…”

As I made my way towards the strangled screams of children, a flash of honey blond hair and white fabric had engulfed one boy, while an outstretched hand had another lad attached to it. She looked up with golden eyes full of hunger. She released the boy against her, the body falling to the ground with a small thud. No sooner had she done this, that she was on her other victim’s throat, moaning softly as she drank the boy’s life into her. She made quick work of all five stable boys. Their bodies on the ground around her. Their blood staining her lips and neck.

“Wot are you doing ‘ere, pet?”

“ I missed you.” She said taking a step towards me.

“Angelus let you go?”

“I told him it was unfair that you were getting all the fun.”

“You just wanted to sink your teeth into some pretty lads, am I right luv?”

“Maybe. … Or maybe I wanted to sink my teeth into something else.”

She was here. She found her way here to be with me. The thought of it was comforting. Who was I kidding? It made me bloody ecstatic and the vision of her feeding was more than enough to stoke another emotion into life. “You sure like playing with your food.” I commented as I leaned down and licked at the blood that stained her neck. She moved closer to me, the thin fabric of her shift the only barrier between us. Her light blue dress and petticoats where gone. "So was this for my benefit or theirs?" I said, placing a finger between the top hem of her shift and her smooth skin.

She giggled. "Well Grand mum would be cross if I stained my new dress. Why? Are you complaining?" she said, letting her hand brush against her bosom, her nipples pushing through the thin fabric because of the cold night air.

" 'ardly, luv." I spun her around, pinning her against a stable wall. She licked her lips in anticipation before she pulled me in for a kiss. She nibbled my lower lip and caressed it with her tongue. Her body was warmed with blood and lust and I wanted nothing more than to take her over and over again. But now was not the time. Angelus brought us here to feed and until I was done with my task, the real feast for the evening could not begin.

She closed her eyes and ground her hips against mine, expressing the arousal that was growing inside her. " Spike ... "

"We can't, luv. Not now. Blood awaits ... young flesh ... warm blood. I have pretty servant girls that I have to attend to."

Her eyes spoke of disappointment as her lips formed a pout that I always found alluring. She ground her hips against mine once more. "Will you not touch me before they have you?"

"Sera ... " But before I could utter a complaint, she grabbed my hand and placed it on her mound, her arousal evident as it soaked through white fabric. I knew I couldn't resist so why was I even trying.

She pursed her lips on my ear, nibbling it gently. "Touch me, Spike. ... Touch me at least once before we go feed again."

I took a step back and watched her hike her thin slip up to her waist as she pushed her drawers down exposing the soft honey blond curls beneath. My own need responded to her display but if I gave in to that, there would be no way I would get to the servant girls tonight. Her eyes beckoned that her body needed release and who was I to make my Sera suffer so.

She leaned back against the wall and wrapped her left leg around my hip as I teased her curls with my fingers. She moaned softly as a finger traced the length of her nether lips. Her body was begging to be touched, begging to be filled. Her initial gasp soon turned into hitched breaths and parted lips as I moved inside her, pulling my fingers out then twisting them slightly as they pushed back deep into her. Her hips started moving of their own accord, wanting me to go deeper. She whimpered slightly as her thighs started to quiver, signaling her upcoming release. I quickened my movements, letting my thumb play with the small bundle of nerves near the top of her slit. Soon she screamed out my name as her body trembled in ecstasy.

"Feeling better, pet?"

She answered with a passionate kiss, her tongue licking the dried and somewhat crusting blood from my lips. "Always when I'm with you, lover."

She locked her eyes on mine for a moment before she reluctantly pulled away from me. She straightened her shift and drawers then wrapped an arm around mine. We made our way to the exit and headed towards the servant's quarters after grabbing the clothes we had so carefully discarded earlier.
8 - The Party Goes On by Thianna
Author's Notes:
Pretty graphic violence and rape situation is mentioned though not really described.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



CHAPTER 8 – The Party Goes On

We made our way towards the stairwell that led downstairs to the servant’s quarters. Sera still had her dress and petticoats in her arms and she rushed downstairs to find a quiet corner to put her clothes back on. I was lingering by the stairwell landing, straightening my shirt and waiting for Sera when muffled giggling came from down the hallway. I was about to make myself inconspicuous when I felt that it was merely Darla with her victim of the hour.

“Dear cousin,” she called out stretching her hand out to me. “I was wondering where you wandered off to.”

With a smile I bent down to kiss her hand. “Nowhere in particular dear Darla. I was just out in the gardens admiring the moonlight.”

“Well I suggest you see Angelus soon. He is looking for you.” She flashed me an obviously fake smile before she whisked the man away into a dark corner. With a silent sigh, I made my way downstairs. The bloody poofter was most probably getting bored but this was his plan to begin with. For a brief moment, I thought about getting this over with quickly so as not to anger Peaches. But why should I go around pleasing him?

Sera came out of one of the rooms a few seconds later. Her clothes were back in order and her hair was once again pinned up and in place.

“This should be quick. I only heard six heartbeats down here.”

“Good, because I think Grandpa is getting bored upstairs.”

She leaned in to plant a quick kiss on my cheek before she headed down the hall. “Don’t have too much fun Spike. You need all your strength for later.”

I flashed her a knowing smile then headed in the opposite direction. I followed my senses towards the sounds and smells of humans. Surprisingly, it was coming from one room. But instead of the steady hum of nocturnal sleep, there were faint whimpers coming from behind the thick door. I crept in as quietly as possible, hoping not to disturb the room’s occupants though after taking in the scene before me, I doubted they would have noticed anything.

One girl in her early teens lay on the floor unconscious. Her skirt was ripped and there was blood on her thighs. The whimpering came from the woman on the bed who was currently being stripped of her dignity as the man on top of her was lost in his own passion. Tears were streaming down her face and her arms and neck were red and swollen. The man grunted as he moved his hips and sought pleasure from the woman that was powerless beneath him.



Her cries where welcoming though not satisfying to say the least since her pain was derived from someone else. She whimpered in hopeless desperation and it called to me and the demon within. There was a sense of sympathy that stirred inside and wanted to break free. This was no way for this young girl to meet her fate. Not that I wouldn’t, given a chance, perhaps done the same thing. It’s just that the man seemed like a disgusting pig – heavy, sweating and rough. At least, if I were to rob her innocence from her, I would have had the courtesy to at least give her a glimpse of heaven. Perhaps I was being boastful, but I knew the truth.

The idea of perhaps changing places with the pig peeked some lustful interest but I knew it was just leftover from almost coupling with Sera just moments ago.

A grandfather clock from down the hall announced the turning of the hour and called me from my reverie.

The man was jerked back from his victim by my forceful hand on the collar of his shirt. He found himself on the floor. The shock and confusion that was evident on his face was soon replaced by anger at the interruption. “Wot do the ‘ell do you think you’re doing, mate?”

“Ain’t your mate and looks to me you ain’t exactly welcome in ‘ere.”

He stood up indignantly and threw a punch aimed at my face which I caught effortlessly with my right hand. He leaned in, throwing his weighting into his fist. My body accommodated the shift in weight, letting him lean in even further before my right hand pushed him back with such force that he hit the room’s meager dresser table. He picked himself up and his brow furrowed. The devilish grin tugging at the corners of my mouth fueled his anger even further. It was then that he decided to rush me, using his shoulders to knock me down. The floor welcomed my back but instead of causing injury, it awoke the demon inside. Blue eyes turned golden and fangs descended as I stood up to reveal his true opponent. His eyes spoke of surprise mixed with fear. “Wot in bloody hell are you?”

“Someone more powerful that can fight back.” Before he had a chance to react, my body moved and positioned itself behind him. One hand was holding him forcefully on his shoulder while the other covered his mouth and forced his head to tilt a certain way so as to expose the flesh of his neck. Fangs buried themselves deeply into his flesh, but my intention wasn’t really to feed. My intent was to cause pain. I released him for but a second before finding another spot to bite down ferociously. He struggled to no avail and his screams were muffled against my hand. I held on to him, pulling blood into me till I knew he would be too weak to do anything but contemplate what was left of his existence. He slumped onto the floor, blood flowing and painting the room crimson.

With the back of my hand, I wiped my mouth clean and shook the demon visage, hoping the girl on the bed hadn’t seen it. The last thing I needed was her to scream in fright and alert the household.

“Are you alright miss?” I said turning to face her.

She was still in obvious shock, her knees pulled up against her chest, trying to make herself as small as possible.

“Miss, are you alright?”

She moved her head as if in a daze to face her salvation. “You … is he dead?”

“Wasn’t that what you wanted?”

“Yes! … Well… “ she was sobbing again but there were no tears. Her body was too weak from struggling and her previous bout of crying to produce any more.

“It’s over now. ‘e won’t be able to ‘urt you ever again.”

She threw herself at me, trying to find comfort in my arms. Instinctively, I started stroking her hair to comfort her. I wasn’t sure why I did it, but it just felt right at the moment. “Now, like I said it’s over now. No more worrying from you. No more crying, alright?”

Her quivering body started to calm down as she responded to the calming touch and soothing words that her apparent savior was offering.

The sweet perfume of blood permeated through the air but it wasn’t the blood of the dead man on the floor that smelled so enticing. It actually came from the fragile creature that was pressed against my chest. It was young, strong and pure. Yellow eyes burned forth as the demon inside searched for the source of such sweetness. There were no apparent wounds on the girl except for the fresh bruises that were forming on her arms and neck. They would turn a sickly shade of blue tomorrow, but I was pretty certain that there was a way to prevent that from happening.

The sweet smell of her blood was coming from below her waist and it finally dawned on me exactly where it was coming from. Slowly, I let my fingers brush up her right thigh beneath her torn skirts. She was still too shocked with what had just happened to register the fingers that were dancing on her skin. She didn't even notice when her nether lips were stroked gently. She was probably too raw down there or perhaps too numb to care at the moment. It wasn't until I raised two fingers stained with blood and human secretions that fear started to take root inside her. My tongue darted out to lick her sweetness and what I had smelled earlier seemed true. Her virgin blood was sweet and strong.

"What are you?" She said trying to move away from me.

"I'm your salvation, pet. I've come to claim my prize though." With one swift move, my fangs were buried deep into her neck and her blood spilled into my waiting tongue. I drank, enjoying her useless struggles since she was too weak... too tired ... too shocked to really scream. Her energy was already spent fighting off her first attacker. Her heart was beginning to slow as her body surrendered itself to the hopelessness of her current situation.

"But you saved me..." she managed to blurt out. Her spirit still seemed like it wanted to fight but it was useless. She would die of blood loss soon enough.

"Yes I did, didn't I pet? But I didn't say anything about keeping you safe afterwards. Think of this as my good deed for the night. You won't ever 'ave to live in shame because of what that wanker did to you. ... You should be 'appy child. I'm 'elping you meet your maker."

"My sister ... I'm sorry. ... Mother forgive me for not being able to protect 'er."

"Your sister, aye?" She most probably was referring to the unconscious girl on the floor. "Well, since you've been through a lot tonight, I'll do you a favor. I'll kill 'er quick for you. It would be mean of me to break a family apart after all." With that, I released her and grabbed the unconscious girl by one shoulder, sinking deep into her waiting flesh as her sister watched in utter horror at the monster that she thought was her salvation. With the last of her strength, she sobbed tearless cries as her sister's blood coursed down my throat.

"Having too much fun, lover?"

I let the limp dead body of the younger girl fall and crumple by my feet as I turned, yellow eyes glowing at the woman that I knew was by the doorway. Sera seemed to glide into the room, the look of satisfaction on her face a testament that she had fed as well.

She looked around the room, smirking at the dead man on the floor. "Lover?"

I shook my head, licking my teeth and lips clean. "Wanker was taking advantage of the servant girls."

"Oh ... guess that's why you didn't drain him." She shook her head and ran her fingers through a few of my unruly locks that had gotten away. She smiled sweetly and brushed her lips against mine. "We have to hurry Spike, lest Daddy gets all angry. You know how he gets when he doesn't get what he wants."

I couldn't help but roll my eyes in annoyance. "And what about me, luv? Wot would you be willing to do to keep me from getting annoyed?"

"Hmmm ... There are usually only two things on your mind sweet Spike. But like you pointed out said earlier, we really don't have time for either one at the moment."

I pulled her roughly to me, grinding my arousal into her pelvis.

"Now, is that any way for a proper gentleman to act? What would the ladies in the ball think if you come in with that."

"I don't know, perhaps it will just give 'em one more thing to be envious of."

"Or you might just make the lot of them faint."

"Would be easier that way sometimes, pet. I love hearing them scream but some birds can reach notes that are just too bloody shrill for my tastes."

She giggled softly as her hands went to my shirt, straightening the fabric and smoothing out all the wrinkles that formed. "Shall we m'lord William? Cousin Angel is expecting us in the ballroom."

"Will you allow me to 'ave the next dance, m'lady Sera?"

"I plan to dance only with you tonight." she said as she took my arm and we made our way back to the party.
9 - Dance by Thianna

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



CHAPTER 9 – Dance


As we entered the ballroom, Angelus quickly sought to make eye contact. With a curt nod, he excused himself and made his way towards us.

“That took you long enough, cousin.” He said haughtily.

“Forgive me, Lord Angelus!” The corners of my mouth tugged my lips into a smirk. “I must have lost track of time.”

“Seems like you had too much fun.” Angelus said, sensing the various human scents that I was sure gave him an inkling of what happened.

“Anything for you, cousin.” I said in a mocking tone. “Besides I’m sure it gave you enough time to think of all the devilishly wonderful ways to make this bland affair a bit more interesting.

“How true William. Now, did you secure all the exits?”

“Of course. Only one way to get in and out of this room and I believe Darla has found that spot quite comfortable.” I gestured over to where the elder vampiress was partially cloaked in shadows near the humans’ only salvation.

“There might be hope for you yet dear William, though you still lack imagination.” With a rustle of fabric Angelus sought a small group of ladies on one side of the ballroom.

“I believe we haven’t finished our dance.” Sera whispered. She leaned closer to me trying to soothe the anger she must have felt was growing inside. The sodding poofter should be bloody grateful for what I just did.

I felt Sera caress my cheek. Then she pursed her lips to nibble on my ear, letting her tongue dart out and trace its contours. No longer concerned with etiquette, I took her hand and twirled dear Sera once before pulling her flush against me. Our lips met in a searing kiss, one that spoke of passion and desire. It was a kiss that elicited a few gasps from those on the dance floor.

In the distance, a few women started their not so subtle whispers about the actions of two wanton guests whose current behavior was an utter disgrace to Lord Angelus and his household. Sera was giggling, loving the attention and like me, the irony of the situation. Most of the guests were too engrossed in gossiping and being utterly offended by our actions to notice that their incessant babbling would be the last thing they would be doing on this plane of existence. There were demons in their midst -- demons disguised as being part of their elitist class that were going to teach them how truly unsuperior and helpless they were. It was only a matter of time now before the room would be filled with shrill screams and blood.

“It’s funny how they gossip so.” Sera said giggling.

“Perhaps, they just don’t know what it feels like to be swept up by passion.” I said, letting my hand move from the small of her back to the fullness of her bosom.

“Are you intent on showing them?” she said as she pushed her body closer to mine.

“What I intend to do with you would be enough to slay them out of shock without Angelus, Darla or Dru’s help.”

She moved her hips closer to mine, swaying them gently to the soft music. “I would like to test out your theory.”

“Now, now Sera. We are enough of an embarrassment to our cousin Lord Angelus. We have his honor to be concerned with.” I said in a mocking tone.

She laughed heartily at my words. “I believe Lord Angelus is quite capable of defending his own honor, though… I doubt he has any.”

As if on cue, a loud growl erupted from one corner of the ballroom. It was Angelus. He had two girls partially drained and slowly bleeding by his feet while two men perhaps out of chivalry or just sheer adrenaline were showing bravery towards the monstrosity before them. They wouldn't last more than a minute unless of course Angelus felt like prolonging their agony. But there were still around twenty warm bodies to choose from and knowing Angelus, he would most probably dispense the bothersome courageous wankers who had interrupted his feeding. Besides, the poofter liked torturing and basking in the fear that women exuded more than men anyway.

Sera pulled me around, leading our waltz towards Darla where a few of the male guests thought that she most probably was an easier target that Angelus. Sera twirled around gracefully, releasing her hold on me as she clamped her hands on one guest, pulling him flush against her as her fangs descended and quickly buried themselves into human flesh. She didn't even bother to move the man's clothing out of the way as blood soon stained his white shirt. She drank fervently, pulling blood through flesh ... through skin ... and even through fabric.

A woman screamed from the background. "Edward! ... No! ..." she said running towards Sera. As she got closer, I caught her arm and pulled her towards me. "Time for a dance, pet. You mustn’t interfere in things beyond your control."

"But what about Edward? These monsters are ... I need to help him."

"And what are you going to do, luv? I can feel you trembling. There's no way you will be able to save 'im now."

"But Lord William, we have to help somehow. Please ... " her tears were starting to flow.

"None of that, luv. Tears mare your beauty, pet. Let me 'elp you." I said trying to look sincere.

She looked up at me with confusion. Her eyes were curious as to how I would be able to make things better. She buried her face into my chest, wanting to hide away from the chaos and death. My hands moved out of their own accord, running up and down her back in comfort.

"Did you save room for another one, Spike?" Sera said, holding a man firmly by the neck.

Blood stained her soft lips and the demon inside me relished at the thought of what those lips were going to be doing later tonight. "Always have room for another, luv, especially if it's from you. But it seems like my arms are full at the moment."

The woman in my arms looked up, trying to push me away but I held her close as blue eyes started to burn golden and I showed her my true nature.

"You're ... you're one of them." she said in terror.

"Wot? That doesn't mean we can't 'ave a meaningful relationship." I said as my fangs plunged into her neck. I held on to her until she turned limp in my arms.

With a languid smile, Sera pushed her gift into my arms, urging me to drink as she caught another woman trying to escape from all the mayhem. Blood once again coated my tongue and I let the bloodlust heighten my senses. Heartbeats were beating frantically -- beating to a crescendo out of fear and adrenaline before death weaved its icy grip, silencing their hearts as we took their essence into us.

"My children have been good today. Prince and Princess dancing through the night." Dru said approaching us. She was clapping her hands in delight. "I want to dance." she said with a small pout.

"But there's no music, pet. You've seen to that." I said with a small smirk as I kicked a lifeless corpse a few feet away.
Sera stole a glance to where the musicians were playing to find the curtains behind them desecrated with their blood and their dead bodies mutilated beside their instruments.

"I still want to dance." Drusilla said swaying and twirling around in a circle. I offered my hand but strangely enough she ignored it and pulled Sera to her. "My graceful dolly." She smiled, resting her head on the crook of Sera’s neck as she wrapped her arms around her child's waist and led their bodies into a waltz.

I looked at them curiously, watching with strange fascination as they moved. What was on Dru's mind? Why had she refused my hand? Dru twirled them about, dancing in a circular pattern around me. Then she released Sera and moved behind me, pressing her soft body against my back as she pushed me into Sera's waiting arms. She pushed us close together as her hips ground into me. "My dollies like to dance. Just like a fairly tale."

Sera looked up to me with a smile and in a similar move to Dru's, she rested her head near the crook of my neck after wrapping her arms around my neck. I felt a similar pressure to my back as the three of us gently swayed to the music of fear and chaos. I closed my eyes, taking in the feel of Sera before me and Dru behind. Dru had snaked her arms around my waist while I held Sera by hers.

The sound of heartbeats soon disappeared and I felt Angelus and Darla making their way towards us. Darla seemed extremely satiated and the extra attention Angelus was giving her was adding to her good mood. The elder vampire was lavishing his sire's neck with kisses as he looked hungrily at my Dark Princess. But Dru seemed to be lost in her own little world at the moment as she kept close contact to her child.

"Time to go." Angelus said curtly.

"But dancing ..." Dru complained.

"A few more minutes wouldn't hurt dear." Darla said, turning around to survey their handiwork. Bodies were everywhere and blood was splattered across marble floors, pristine curtains, large mirrors and even all the way up to the huge chandelier. One would wonder how blood could have reached such a height, but years of killing made one somewhat of an expert in human anatomy. Vampires knew every single blood vessel and with Angelus' tutelage one learned about muscles and pressure. He taught about stamina and a human's threshold for pain. There was even one technique that he bragged about where an attack to certain nerves could direct pressure to a certain part of the body -- causing extreme pain among other things. Of course that really wasn't my style. But the knowledge of it was something I considered important enough to remember, like times like these. He most probably used some attack similar to that for the blood to splatter to such a height.

My grandsire bent down and pulled a pretty little bobble from a dead girl’s neck, dangling it in front of his child. Dru caught sight of the trinket out of the corner of her eye and quickly moved towards her Daddy, cooing in delight at her new gift. With his child by his side once more, Angelus smiled. "I said time to go. Stop that useless dancing."

Sera's eyes grew stern for a second before slipping her arm around mine and leading me towards the exit. My human face slipped back on and with my free hand I cleaned my lips of any remaining blood. Sera smiled up at me sweetly and I couldn't help myself from bending down to lick her blood smeared cheeks clean.

We walked out into the night sky, our sires following some distance behind us. Half-way down the street, I could hear Drusilla quickening her pace so it was no surprise when she slipped her arm around my free appendage. She smiled gleefully, satiated from feeding and killing. She showed off her new necklace before leaning her head against my arm.

I looked back and caught the angry scowl on my grandsire's face. This was too precious. My Dark Princess was walking by my side even though her Daddy had tried to appease her with a gift. I turned to look at Sera as she snuggled in closer and planted a kiss on my arm. It was a small gesture but it was more than enough for me. I stole another quick glance behind me and chuckled softly at the scowl that seemed like it was going to permanently be etched into my grandsire's face. Tonight was a great night -- the hunt, the violence, the feel of my angel against me earlier in the stables and now by my side, the sweet attention my darling sire was lavishing upon me. To top that off, there was the angry scowl on the poofter’s face. Yes, tonight was a great night, but it wasn't over yet.
10 - End to a Perfect Hunt by Thianna

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



CHAPTER 10 – End to a Perfect Hunt



I was half-expecting Drusilla to quickly turn to her daddy once we entered our house's receiving parlor, but she just continued to play with her new necklace. Not wanting to question her motives I just continued to walk through the house, making my way up the stairs and towards my room. Sera released me to open the door and all three of us made our way inside. Once inside, Dru released me as well and started to twirl around in abundant joy at being full and having a new little bauble.

Sera looked at me cautiously. There was need in her eyes but the presence of our sire was enough to keep her at bay for the moment. If Dru wanted me tonight, then everything I had intended to do to my precious angel would have to wait for another time. Sera knew better than to make her very possessive sire angry. Dru was evil to begin with and her state of insanity did not help matters. If Sera acted in any way that angered my wicked plum, she would be on her own. I would be powerless due to Dru being my sire as well.

"My babies were good today and you looked oh so pretty. Dancing. ... Dancing. ... My prince and princess were dancing," she said as she twirled around in a solitary waltz.

I glanced at Sera with longing, my mind replaying scenes earlier that night when she was in my arms. We stared into each other’s eyes, conveying without words or touch the lust and passion we were feeling for each other.

Drusilla waltzed even closer to me, pressing her soft body against mine. A mischievous smile tugged at her lips as she felt my hardening arousal against her hip. She placed her hands against my chest then teasingly moved them lower as she pressed her lips on her mark. She kissed and licked her bite mark sensuously before she planted her hands on either side of my hip and pulled my lower torso to grind her sex against my need.

I caught the flicker of jealousy that flashed in Sera’s eyes and I wished there was something I could do. I had promised to be with her tonight and now I was a bloody liar. Sera was the one that was supposed to be in my arms. She was the one that should be grinding against me. Dru’s loving touch was comforting in its own right, but it no longer awoke the same yearning nor ardor as it once did.

Sera stood there and watched our sire plant kisses on my skin and lavish affection on my arousal. She started nibbling on her lower lip in nervousness as she watched with flustered fascination at the scene unfolding before her. There was something else in her eyes now aside from jealousy. It was lust. The smell of her desire was faint but I had smelled it enough times to know it was there.

Dru was lost in her own little world as she playfully undid my shirt and ran her cold hands against my chest. She moved lower still then freed my manhood from its confines and grasped it gently in her hand. I felt her shallow breath and cold tongue tease my need and as I saw her open her mouth in delight a loud bang interrupted her actions.

“You better not be in there daughter!” Angelus said furiously through the door.

With a childish pout she released me and stood up in frustration. “But I wanted to play with my babies tonight.”

The door creaked open and Angelus took in the scene before him. Without so much as another word he let out a menacing growl and pulled his darling daughter roughly away from me. “You deserve better than to be playing with them tonight!”

“Oh sod off Poofter! We were doing just fine without you.”

He turned to me as he pushed Drusilla behind him. “Watch your mouth Spike. You did good today and for that I can say that perhaps our little boy has some uses after all. But don’t even think about crossing me.” He said clamping his hand on my throat and squeezing for emphasis.

I clamped a hand on his wrist, trying to match his strength. “Bugger … off … Angelus.”

He threw me against the wall. Sera rushed to my side.

“Satisfy yourself with your whore Spike. That’s why she was made.” He looked on Sera with interest. “Or maybe I should just take her with me. Show her what real pleasure is like.”

Anger welled up inside me and I stood up quickly. I swatted his outstretched hand that was reaching for my angel’s hair. “That’s enough from you. You maybe our sire but that’s no sodding way to talk to ‘er.”

He started laughing. “Like I care what both of you think of me? I can take whatever I wan. Or are you afraid that maybe she’ll prefer me over you?”

My fist connected with his cheek as I lashed out in rage. The punch made him take a few steps back.

“Stop this! I just wanted to play. It’s been so long since I got to play with my babies. But if Daddy needs me I’ll go. No fighting. Now’s not to the time for fighting.” Dru said wrapping her arms around Angelus’ waist and leaning her head against his chest. Her hips ground slightly into him as she pressed and rubbed her bosom up and down his back.

The elder vampire pulled Dru in front of him then bent down to capture his child’s lips as he let his hands slip underneath fabric and lasciviously touch her breasts. I knew what he was doing, but I found that the anger inside me wasn’t mainly fueled by the fact that he was purposely fondling Dru in front of me, but because he had insulted Sera.

Sera moved towards me, placing a gentle hand on my elbow. “It’s alright Spike. Just let them be.”

As much as I hated giving Angelus any form of satisfaction, in this case, it was the best way to get him to leave. I let out a loud sigh of defeat and turned around as if I was hurt and disgusted. “Fucking leave if you’re going to bloody do that. I don’t need to see that disgusting display!”

Angelus broke the kiss from Dru and then laughed maliciously as they exited the room.

“Why did you stop me? I wanted to beat the poofter to a bloody pulp.”

“Because he’s just sore that I wouldn’t dance with him. His words hurt, yes. But it’s from Angelus. Do you really care what he thinks?”

“No, luv. But it’s not right that ‘e was besmirching your ‘onor.”

She giggled. “You are always so adorable when you act that way.”

I tilted my head to one side.

“Spike, my knight in shining armor. How can I, a lowly maiden, reward you for your chivalry and valor.”

“Come ‘ere pet!” I said pulling her roughly to me. “Once I’m through with you I doubt you’d still see me as chivalrous.”

Sera giggled profusely as she wrapped her arms around my neck. “I’d like to see you try.”

I ducked my head to escape her loving hold then turned her around. My fingers worked deftly against her dress. I wanted to rip it apart but I knew better than to ruin another one of her dresses especially since this was one of her favorites, as well as mine.

Soon there was a pool of blue and white fabric pooled around her ankles. I took a step back as she angled her body to free herself from the last of her clothing. She turned around in naked glory and frowned that I still had my shirt and trousers on though both were slightly undone. I raised an eyebrow then smirked as I quickly discarded my shirt. I was about to do the same with my trousers but she shooed my hands away. She then knelt down and pushed the fabric from my hips and legs. The next thing I knew she was lovingly caressing my manhood, stroking it from base to tip with fingers, lips and tongue.

I closed my eyes in pleasure as I felt her lick and kiss the tip before she wrapped one hand around the base and clamp her mouth around it. She was sucking it gently at first, her tongue trapping me against the roof of her mouth. Thankfully there was a table behind me because I knew I couldn’t really stay standing with what she was doing to me. Her assault continued as my body reacted to the sensations it was receiving. When she heard me moan out her name, she released me. Eyes quickly flew open in slight irritation and I looked down to see her smiling evilly up at me.

“Why did you … ?” But the words were lost to me when her demon visage burst forth and in one quick turn of her head she buried her fangs in my inner thigh while her hand grasped the length of my cock and squeezed slightly, moving her hand back and forth. Wave upon wave of pleasure racked my body as she took blood into her. She kept her fangs buried until my body stopped quivering from ecstasy.

She straightened her body and let her bare breast caress my semi-hard manhood. She rocked herself up and down, capturing me between her breasts. The friction she was creating was more than enough to rekindle my lust for her. With a devilish grin, she finally stood up and kissed me fervently. Her tongue sought mine out and I could taste the remnants of my blood as I explored her mouth. “Someone feels like playing a little differently tonight?” I somehow managed to say a minute or so later.

She replied with a giggle. “I think I won that round.”

I placed my hands on either side of her hips then spun us around and lifted her up onto the table. My lips trailed a path from her neck to her bosom while I buried my hand into her lower curls. She was already wet with need and anticipation but I didn’t want to give her the satisfaction of feeling me. Not yet anyway. I traced the slit of her quim with two fingers, applying more pressure when they hit her clit. She squirmed from the sensation as her hips buckled forward in protest that I wasn’t inside her.

“Not yet kitten.”

She gave me her signature pout but I knew the perfect way to erase that from her lips. I pursed my lips and pulled a good amount of nipple and flesh into my mouth. I heard her moan in approval as tongue and lips teased her flesh.

“Spike … please …”

I released my hold on her breast to look her in the eye. “I know what you want Sera.” I pushed two fingers halfway into her slick opening. She bucked her hips forward again, trying to get more of my fingers inside her. With an evil grin, I pulled away from her, licking my fingers clean as I took two steps back. But she leaned forward and grabbed a hold of my hips and pulled me towards her. I raised one eyebrow at her suggestively. “Pet, is this ‘ow a maiden suppose to act?”

She pouted once more. “Not my fault. Someone is taking too long.”

“Too long? I thought you liked it when I took my time. Or is it because you just can’t resist my charms?”

“You’re pretty confident.”

“Don’t need to prove anything to you, luv. I’ve ‘eard you moaning for me before.”

“Then what’s taking you so long?” she said taking matters into her own hands as she wrapped her legs around my waist and pulled me into her. I took a moment to enjoy just the feel of her around me but she was obviously impatient as she started moving her hips. She sought her own pleasure. The hunt earlier tonight obviously affected her more than she would care to really admit. Her thrusts became more insistent and I matched her need by burying myself as deep as possible. Soon she arched her back and her muscles tightened signaling her release. I pulled away slightly then plunged into her deeply as her climax hit. She screamed out my name in pleasure as her body quivered. Her body grew slightly limp as pleasure eventually left her.

“Not done yet, luv. The room’s still in order.” I said with a chuckle.

“Did I say we were done?” she said her face shifting to her demon form.



- tbc
11 - Beyond the Family by Thianna

Image hosted by Photobucket.com





CHAPTER 11 – Beyond the Family


… sometime mid - 1886 …


“So, this is where you are.” Sera said as she tiptoed into the study and made her way towards me. Not even bothering to throw on a robe for modesty, she wore nothing else but her slip. It left nothing to the imagination but was enough to tease the senses. She settled into the seat beside mine and gave me a little pout. “When I woke up you weren’t there.”

I smiled and pulled her onto my lap. “I was ‘aving a ‘ard time staying asleep, luv.”

“You could have woken me up and I’m sure I would have found a way to help you fall back asleep.” She said as she licked her lips and drew lazy circles on my chest.

As always, my sweet angel was adorable and it was amazing how she could always stoke the lust and desire with but a few words and a gentle touch. With a giggle, she took the book I was holding and flipped through the pages.

“’ey, I’m reading that, pet.”

“So that’s what you want to do right now?”

“Well it’s getting to a good part, luv. ‘Cor ‘m not opposed to a good snuggle while I read.”

She scooted away and handed the book back to me. She smiled warmly and laid her head on my lap. I flipped back to the page I was on and continued reading while my free hand found its way to her hair, fingers playing with her silky locks.

She sighed softly as she tried to find a comfortable position.

We stayed like that for a moment, my hand buried in her hair, her head resting gently on my lap. I was so engrossed in the book that I didn’t even notice her changing positions. The next thing I knew, her fingers were unfastening my trousers and she was claiming her prize with gentle hands. She worked quickly, stroking and licking the shaft to life before taking it fully into her mouth. She placed a hand at the base, squeezing it as she sucked her cheeks in and massaged the length of it with her tongue. She knew exactly how to bring me to the heights of ecstasy. My back arched, the book now forgotten and on the floor, as wave upon wave of pleasure racked my body and I came into her mouth. She swallowed greedily, licking her lips as if she had just fed on rich, sweet blood. With a lascivious smile, she pulled me into a passionate kiss as she rubbed her body sensually against mine.

“Take me.” She said huskily.

I didn’t need any further prompting. I pinned her body against the couch and pushed her slip up so as to bury myself inside her slick channel. I needed to be inside her – needed to feel her engulf me. Not wanting to end the act too quickly, I moved slowly, enjoying the feel of her. She moaned her desire, her hips buckling to meet my thrusts, burying me deeper and deeper into her core. It had barely been two hours since we were joined like this but it felt like it had been an eternity. I could never and will never get enough of her.

She rocked her body with mine, finding pleasure and comfort at being together once more. I knew it wouldn’t take that much longer before I would find myself lost in heaven. My fingers found their way to her clit, rubbing the sensitive bundle of nerves. Then her muscles clamp down on me as she screamed my name and I grunted in pleasure.

“I love you.” I whispered into her ear.

She giggled softly, hooking her right leg around my hips. “Show me more, Spike. I want more of you.”


**

It was still hours before sunset but the sound of footsteps against the marble floor resounded loudly in my ears. Then the heavy wooden door that led into the study creaked open and there was the gentle rustling of fabric mixed with a hint of light perfume. It was Darla.

Sleep still beckoned and the thought of leaving Sera’s soft body made the act of actually turning to greet my great grandsire seem arduous.

“People typical use the study as a place to read and reflect, Spike.”

I grudgingly turned my head to the sound of her voice but didn’t give her the benefit of opening either eye. “We read. … We reflected.”

“Naked?”

“Not in the beginning. It’s very liberating, luv. You should try it some time. Now if you don’t mind.” My hand traveled down to my hardening erection as thoughts of last night swam in my head. “… Unless you feel like watching or joining in.”

Nothing shocked her of course. “I have more important things to discuss with you.”

“Can’t it wait, luv? As you pointed out, we’re not exactly proper ‘ere and Sera’s a bit knackered.” I said, unable to hide the cocky smirk which painted my lips.

“I could care less what state you are in at the moment, William. I have something to discuss with you now.”

“Now?!”

She crossed her arms then shook her head before she turned around to make her way towards her favorite chair.

With a sigh, I planted a kiss on Sera’s forehead then parted from her comforting embrace. Fingers ran through tousled hair and discarded trousers found their way back to me in an attempt to mimic some semblance of decency.

Darla had taken a seat like a proper lady and I stood there silently until she motioned for me to sit beside her.

“So wot’s this about, pet?”

“I will be leaving soon.”

“The Master ‘as come a calling again?”

“Yes. One of his minions came last night with a letter.”

“Is that why you left early?”

She nodded solemnly. “I want the family to accompany me.”

“So where will we be going then?”

“Right now he is in Italy, though he wants us to stop by France and Spain first.”

“Guess we will be off for a ‘oliday then. I’m sure Sera would be excited about that. Is that it then Darla? I don’t see why this seemed to upset you.”

“Angelus may prove to be difficult.”

“Wot are you talking about? Sir Fore’ead is always difficult to deal with. But I know ‘ow much ‘e despises the Master.”

“I believe the feeling is mutual, though I do not know how he will react once he finds out the Master asked to specifically meet you and Sera.”

“Wot?! The Master wants to meet with me? Why?”

“He wants to meet the rest of my family. He wants to know about my two youngest children.”

“Guess that means I ‘ave to be on my best behavior then. Don’t worry. I’ll make you proud Mummy.” I said with a slight chuckle.

“It’s not a laughing matter, Spike. If he finds you unworthy, there is nothing I can do to help you.”

“Why would you be concerned? We both know you ‘arbor no compassion for either me or Sera.”

“True, yet you are still my children – my little couriers of death and destruction. Furthermore, I know my little daughter would be quite upset if anything happened to her Dark Knight and her precious dolly.”

“Sure…”

“She is your sire.”

“Guess that should be a good enough answer. … So what are you doing in France and Spain?”

“I have a few things I need to take care of. You’re presence with me is not necessary though.”

“Oh. So when are we leaving, luv?”

“In two days, we will travel via Calais then head on to Paris. Then I have business to attend to in Spain before we head out to Rome.”

“Hmmm… I ‘ave ‘eard rumors that the Slayer might be in Madrid.”

“The Slayer? Why would news of the Slayer perk your interest, Spike?”

“Well since you’ll be busy, I need to ‘ave me a ‘obby to occupy the time.”

“Do not even think of seeking the Slayer out.”

“But why not? I’ve been itching for a good fight.”

“I have enough things to concern myself with and do not need to have to worry about the Slayer coming after us.” She saw the look of protest in my eyes. “No, William! That is an order.”

“But, I’ve never met one before.”

“Spike! Please!”

“Can’t a bloke ‘ave any fun?”

“After the meeting with the Master, then I don’t care what you do.”

**

The trip to France and Spain were pretty much uneventful. Well that was the story I told Darla and Angelus each time they asked what I did for the night. Sera had never been outside England before and she took in the sights with such enthusiasm. We took our time at night. We strolled slowly along avenues and parks, admiring how different things were to that in England. Once in a while Dru would come with us, but she preferred staying with the poofter most of the time.

It was during one of these walks in Spain when I saw her. We were on our way back to our hotel room when I felt something pulling me.

“Vampires … but… but not like us.” Sera said turning to me.

We followed our instincts and made our way through the park. We could hear fighting and what we saw seemed near impossible. A girl who barely seemed like she was past her fifteenth year was fighting three vampires and was winning. There was only one explanation for such a phenomenon. The girl was a Slayer. So the rumors I had heard were true. The Chosen One was living somewhere around these parts. Sera clung to me as we watched the girl do her magic. Her movements were smooth and graceful and I was mesmerized. This was the first time I had seen a Slayer. Angelus had talked about slayers in the past. She was a girl, born into each generation – chosen and thus gifted with strength and power to fight my kind. She was a warrior and the demon inside me wanted to see how good she was.

“I found ‘er. She’s magnificent.”

“Don’t even think about it Spike. You heard what Darla said.”

“Bugger that! She’s ‘ere. I’m ‘ere. I want to see who’s stronger.”

“And if she’s stronger, you’ll be dust.”

“Come now Sera, no one will know. Besides, can’t you feel it? It’s like she’s calling us. We ‘ave to fight ‘er.”

“Yes it feels that way, but we do not have to do anything. Please Spike. Let’s just go back to our room.”

“But it seems like such a waste and I’m bored. I want something to do.”

“I can think of other things to do, hun.” She said planting a gentle kiss on my cheek.

“Don’t know if anything you can do can make up for a good rough and tumble, pet.”

“You should know me by now. I’ll make it worth your while.” She licked her lips then pressed her body against mine. Soft lips attacked my neck and blunt teeth scrapped against cold flesh in a mock gesture of biting.

With a sigh, I took one more look at the Slayer then took Sera’s hand and wondered with anticipation what she had in store once we reached our room.


**
… a few nights later …

Unfortunately, seeing the Slayer fight a few nights ago appealed to my curiosity. The Slayer was a vampire’s anti-thesis. She was a human gifted with abilities that could match our kind’s fighting prowess. She was chosen to be a warrior of good and I wanted to know if I was strong enough to defeat her. Winning against a Slayer had its own appeal. If I could kill her, wouldn’t that prove my strength? … My skill?

“Stop it!” Sera cried out.

“Wot?”

“Stop this, Spike. Do you really think I’m so naïve that I don’t know what you’re doing? I can smell her too you know.”

“Sorry, luv. But aren’t you the least bit curious?”

“Yes I am, but there’s a difference between curiosity and stupidity.”

“That ‘urt luv!”

“It’s the truth, Spike. You’re rushing into this without thinking. We’re here for other reasons. Darla specifically said not to bring any attention to our presence here.”

“But …” I said with a disappointed sigh.

“There will be others, hun.”

“But wouldn’t the Master think ‘ighly of us if we bested this Slayer, pet?”

“Am I not enough for you?” she blurted out.

“Wot?! Where did that sodding come from?”

“It just seems like your thoughts are filled with the Slayer lately. If you’re craving violence, I’m sure we can find a few blokes to play with, or we could always spar you know.”

I pulled her into my arms and looked at her tenderly. “You know I didn’t mean to ignore you, pet. You mean everything to me. But can’t you feel it? She’s calling me.”

Sera let out a small sigh before resting her head against my chest. “I know Spike. Maybe I’m just being overly worried. I don’t want to lose you … ever.”

“You know I can take care of myself.”

“I know, but I can’t help but worry.”

“The bumps on your forehead will become permanent with all the worrying you’re doing.”

She slapped my chest playfully. “That’s not funny!”

“You’re beautiful either way, luv.”
12 - Meeting by Thianna

Image hosted by Photobucket.com




CHAPTER 12 - Meeting


We arrived in Rome about two weeks later and almost instantly, Angelus seemed to have something shoved up his rear. He was beyond irritable and seemed to delight in insulting any and everyone around him. I did my best to ignore the sodding poofter. I had an inkling he was acting this way because of the real reason we were in Italy – the Master. The two never saw each other eye to eye and I was pretty sure there was still some unsettled feud going on between them over Darla. But that wasn’t my concern now was it. Though I must say, anyone that didn’t like Angelus already had something going for him in my book.

Sera and I were to have a meeting with the Master in three days and part of me wished that it was already done and over with. Angelus was getting more and more irritable and harder to deal with as each day passed. If the meeting had been done and over with, Sera and I would already be on our own merry way, leaving mister broody and tantrum to his own devices.

Unfortunately, the meeting was still three days away. To avoid our grandsire, Sera and I opted to hunt and feed by ourselves. Rome had its own charm and despite the grand poofter’s incessant grumbling and temper, I think both Sera and I enjoyed the city. There was just something about seeing Sera so happy that was quite satisfying. I just loved it when she giggled, when she wrapped her arms around me, when she would plant soft kisses on my lips and when she would tease my neck with lips and teeth in mock imitation of biting me. I could never get enough of her and I knew I never would ever tire of my lovely angel.


**

The time had come. It was the day we were to meet with the master of the Aurelian clan.
Darla had been quite specific about our clothes and manners, giving us precious pointers so as not to offend her beloved sire.

She led us down through busy streets and narrow alleys until we reached an abandoned factory. We followed her across the huge empty room then slipped into a hallway and down some stairs. No one would ever suspect that underneath the abandoned factory there existed another world. It had the feel of medieval churches and catacombs and I would not be surprised if they were just that in a previous incarnation. The city was full of secrets and history that its own human inhabitants were unaware of.

Darla took us deeper and the distinct smell of mold and damp rock permeated the air. Torches were lit ever few feet, but the light still was not enough to fully illuminate the path we were taking. Our descent soon ended and we were greeted by two vampires who were guarding a large door.

“Lady Darla, he has been expecting you,” one of the vampires said with a curt nod.

Darla smiled. “I have brought my children with me. The Master is expecting them as well.”

“Ah yes. William the Bloody and Lady Elizabeth. We welcome you to the clan.”

They opened the door for us then ushered us in. The large hall was strewn with hundreds of candles and in the center of the room in a fairly large chair the Master waited. He turned his head towards us as the door was shut once more after we all crossed the threshold. Sera squeezed my hand out of nervousness and I thought that she was brave for not clinging to me, even though I could see in her eyes that she wanted to.

We slowly made our way towards the Master, stopping but a few feet from him. I bowed my head in reverence, letting years of etiquette lessons and breeding show through.

“Darla, my dear sweet Darla.” The Master said with his commanding voice. I could hear him move towards our great grandsire.

“Master.” She said almost breathlessly. “I have come as you requested.”

“Yes my dear daughter. You have always been obedient to me. How have you been my sweet?”

“Well. Angelus has been taking good care of me.”

“That whelp?!”

It was a good thing my head was bent or else they would have seen me smirking at the Master’s comment about the poofter.

“Please. He has been good to me.” Darla said defending her child.

“Is that so? You seem a little thin to me my dear and I can sense some anxiety from you.”

“It is nothing, just the trip.”

“The trip. … I see. … I still believe he does not know what you really need, my dear. But you have made your decision a long time ago. I am glad that at the very least, you come and visit me once in a while. … Well, well. Are these your children then, sweet Darla?”

“Yes, m’lord.”

The Master made his way towards me. Stopping but a foot away from my head which I kept lowered in reverence. He placed a gentle hand on my hair as he spoke. “It is quite refreshing to see that despite this young one’s brash behavior he at least can show some respect.” He placed his fingers on my chin, forcing me to lift my head to face him. I could see that he was perusing me intently as if he was searching for something on my face. “I have heard of you William the Bloody. Your methods and actions have not gone unnoticed.” He then took a step back. “Still young … very young. In time, you will hopefully grow in strength. … Tell me young William, what do you think of the finer things in life?”

The question took me aback for a second and I watched him trying to figure out if I should be reading between the lines. What was he trying to find out? I pushed all my doubt aside and decided it was best to lock my eyes on him. “They are not a necessity for survival. Fist and fangs, m’lord. That is our nature.”

The Master smiled, hopefully in approval, and then moved onto where Sera stood.

“And you my child. I hope my daughter has taught you well.”

“Yes, m’lord. Though she is not my sire she has taken me in as if I was her own.”

He tilted her head to face him like he did with me earlier, again examining her face as if he was looking for something. “This one is pretty and somewhat fiery.” He placed a hand on her neck, caressing it lovingly at first and then in a blink of an eye he clamped down on her throat. I wanted nothing more than to knock the Master out of the way. I could tell he was hurting her despite Sera’s silence. She bravely stood still, trying to show no fear.

My hands curled into fists but I did nothing more than convey my distaste through enraged burning golden eyes. I knew it would have been foolish for me to show any sign of disrespect but it couldn’t be helped. He was hurting her and I couldn’t just stand idly by. The Master caught my glare and started to chuckle as he gradually released his hold on Sera.

“Interesting. Very interesting.” The Master let his gaze peruse my form, his brow raising slightly as he took note of my fists.

The air was thick with tension as I watched him make his way back towards me. He grabbed my right wrist and forcefully brought it up to eye level. Red eyes bore into yellow, goading me on. I matched his glare, jaws tightening to show my seriousness. But I knew better. I uncurled my fist and reduced the tension in my arm.

The Master chuckled once more then released me. He turned away from me and faced his beloved child. “… Well dear daughter, I’m glad to see you have taught these two some form of respect. … You may all stay here if you wish, though I’m sure your precious Angelus has procured more luxurious accommodations,” he said with slight disgust. “At the very least, you must let the others get to know their new kin.”

Darla curtsied and smiled. She made her way towards us and touched my elbow signaling me to follow her.

“Both of you did well.” She said softly

I gave Sera a concerned look. “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine. The bruise shouldn’t last long.” She replied.

“It seems you have pleased him somehow.” Darla commented. “I am quite surprised by your actions William. I was almost positive that you were going to make a fool of yourself somehow.”

“I’m hurt Mummy! I can be a good boy when necessary.” I said with a chuckle trying to make light of the situation.

She was ushering us into another hallway but in the corner of my eye I could see that the Master was still looking at us, studying us with some interest. Why did he send for us? Why would he even want to meet us? True we were his children but Darla knew I had no desire to become part of the Order of Aurelius. To me their cause was nothing more than some religious fanaticism and I have had my fill of religion in my mortal life. What I did tell the Master was true though. I did believe that our existence was based on fist and fangs. I would be lying to myself if I said that the luxuries Angelus wrapped himself in were deplorable. They did have their uses and it was nice to sleep on soft beds and clothe one’s body in smooth fabrics. But in the end, all the demon really needed was blood and chaos.

The question still remained though. Why did he send for us? Was there some plan that the Master was orchestrating that somehow we were going to play a part in? I tried to ask Darla about it after she gave us a tour of the place but she had no answers to give me. Perhaps I was just being paranoid but something just didn’t seem right. Soon, something was going to happen.
13 - Why Haven't You? by Thianna

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



CHAPTER 13 – Why Haven’t You?


I was careful with this one. I had to hold the pretty lass tight enough that she couldn’t escape, but then make sure not to damage the delicate fabric of her dress. Sera had wanted it and so here I was getting it for her. With the poor woman’s clothing and jewelry in my hands, I strode back to where I had left my precious angel, quite proud of myself for obtaining what was her heart’s desire at that moment. I had expected her to be waiting for me, her eyes brightening when I came into view. But she didn’t even notice my approach since she wasn’t alone. There was a man beside her and my senses told me he was not human.

He was an Aurelian that we met just a few nights ago though his name escaped me at the moment. I watched his hand movements and decided right then and there that I didn’t like the git at all. I’m sure he was a good enough bloke. No, scrap that. No one had the right to be so close near my Sera and because he was, he was an outright sodding pillock.

“I’m back, luv. ‘ope you didn’t wait too long.” I said, wrapping my left arm around her waist.

“You got me the dress!” she said excitedly as she kissed my cheek and grabbed the piece of clothing from my right arm.

“That was mighty nice of you to do that for your sister,” the man commented.

“Oi! …. She isn’t my sister,” I said with a slight air of disgust.

“Oh, forgive me then. I must have misread the signs of affection between you two as being nothing more than familial.” He said grinning.

“Bugger off mate! She’s mine.”

“You are not mates though. You are nothing more than family. She bears no claim mark that says she belongs to you.”

“Sod off!”

He just started chuckling. “I didn’t mean any disrespect, Spike. Again forgive me.” He said with a sly smile. “I was merely stating a fact.” Then he took Sera’s hand and kissed it but he was holding on to her for too much longer than what I thought was necessary – given proper etiquette.

My eyes narrowed watching him with an icy glare hoping that the bloke was smart enough to take the hint and just leave already.

“I hope that I will be fortunate enough to be graced with your presence once more, Lady Elizabeth.” He said with a maliciously look as he bade his farewell.

A low growl rumbled in my throat. I knew that look. I had given that look enough times in extreme appreciation of a woman’s body and recently in appreciation of Sera’s luscious form. But she was mine. I didn’t think anyone really had the right to look at her in that way.

“Who the fuck does ‘e think ‘e is?!” I said to no one in particular as I strode down the street in the direction of our hotel.

Sera walked a few steps behind me and now I hated the bloody wanker even more. When I stole a glance a few minutes ago she seemed to be deep in thought. Maybe today was going to be the day I had silently dreaded for a while now. She would realize that there was something else out there for her … that her feelings for me were not real and she needed more. This might be the day when I start losing my angel and being the bloke that was madly in love with her, I wouldn’t stop her. I mean I would try to convince her otherwise, but if she still really wanted to leave me, what was I going to do? Tie her to the bed? Lock her up? Beat and whip her to break her spirit? Hmmm. … None of those sounded like bad ideas. … But seriously, what was I going to do if she decided to leave?

I unlocked the door to our room and held it open for her. She stopped by the threshold then planted a small kiss on my cheek. My bloody cheek and nothing more? There were no caresses or lingering looks. It was just a peck and then she walked inside. Damn, I needed a drink. I grabbed a bottle of whiskey from where I hid it the night before and took a seat in the only chair in the room.

“What are you doing?” Sera said as she started undoing her clothing.

“Drinking.”

She nodded then stepped out of her dress and took her new prize, parading it eerily in front of the mirror. I watched her with hooded eyes as the dress danced in mid-air from the reflection and more alcohol drowned my throat. She seemed happy -- too happy. If I was going to start losing her, might as well be somewhat numb.

As I took another swig, she carefully laid her new dress back down on the bed and then turned to me.

“Well he seemed really nice.” Sera said with a smile.

“ Nice? Who?”

“Joseph.”

“Joseph? You mean the pillock? That’s ‘is name? Oh please! You cannot be serious, pet.”

“Maybe I am.”

“Don’t jest like that Sera”

“He has a point. I bear no claim mark on me.”

“And what do you call that?” I said tilting her head to the side to reveal the bite marks that littered her neck – bite marks I had inflicted on her through the years.

“Well all that really means is that you love to bite me when we’re in bed.”

“Bah! Those show that you’re mine.”

“Does it really Spike? Do I really belong to you? Do I really have you?”

“You very well know the answer to that question, luv.”

“Then why haven’t you claimed me? You declare that you love me everyday but sometimes I don’t know if I truly have all of you. I mean, I know you still feel for Dru and …”

“Now stop right there. I felt for Dru. I don’t love her Sera. She’s my sire. You know ‘ow that feels. But I don’t love ‘er. I love you … only you.”

“Then why haven’t you claimed me?”

“Because … because I wasn’t sure if you wanted me to. I’m not going to assume that just because you want to be with me now that you’d want to be with me forever. I was just trying to give you the time you needed to be sure. It still feels like a dream sometimes. You being ‘ere that is. When Dru turned me, she showed me such love and affection that I thought she was the one. But ‘er affection didn’t mirror what she really felt. I was just something for ‘er to play with while Angelus didn’t desire ‘er.”

“Spike, I’m not like her. When I tell you I want you and love you, it’s the truth.”

“Sera, I …, “ I was going to say that she didn’t have to be nice to me. I was going to say that if she wanted to leave, I would hate it but I would survive. I was going to say something else but her actions made me forget everything I wanted to tell her.

I followed her with my gaze as she moved from the foot of the bed to its side. She leaned against the banister then glided her hands underneath her slip and pushed her undergarments down. She licked her lips slowly and unlaced the top of her slip, letting the fabric sensuously slide down her smooth skin until it was pooled on the floor around her ankles.

The sight of her body always affected me and perhaps she was using that to her advantage right now. She let nimble fingers dance across her bosom and tweak her nipples into hardened peaks. With cat-like grace she walked towards the chair, her eyes dark with lust.

She smiled then licked her lips again before she bent down, purposely pausing for a few seconds to look into my eyes. She leaned forward and her fingers ghosted over my left hand moving slowly from wrist to fingertips as she pried the glass from my grip. She smiled mischievously as she took a few steps back.

“’ey! Wot you doin’? Give that back. ”

She brought the glass to her lips but her nose did a cute little wrinkle at the smell of alcohol. “Almost a decade now and I still can’t quite appreciate this.” She swirled the liquid around as she sauntered back towards the chair. Her eyes never left my face as she placed one knee on either side of my hip and sat down. She wiggled playfully, moving against my crouch and teasing it with her sex. I placed one hand against the small of her back and pulled her close for a passionate kiss. Her tongue begged entrance as she worried my lower lip and I happily complied, slipping my own into her mouth, tasting her and the slight remnants of the victim that had satiated her hunger that night.

She eventually pulled away, the glass of alcohol still in her hand. Then with her eyebrows raised and with that glint in her eye she poured the remaining liquid on the crook of her neck. I watched as the whiskey painted a trail from her neck down to her left breast near her nipple, then further down her taut stomach and disappearing in her lovely curls. She stretched her arm to put the glass down on the table beside us.

I pulled her back to me, my tongue darting out to slowly lick the whiskey trail on her skin. Tongue tasted alcohol, skin, nipple and flesh. I played with her slowly, taking my time as I alternated between licks and kisses on her soft breast. Shifting her weight slightly, my left hand supported her back while my right massaged her right peak, not wanting to ignore it.

Her throat rumbled with pleasured moans while her hands played with the curls in my hair. My arousal was quite prominent now and she purposely moved her hips once more to rub against it.

“Need you. … Want to feel you against me.” She said her voice dripping with desire. She placed her hands on my cheek, urging me to look up at her before she pulled me into a passionate kiss.

I wanted to melt into her, to press our bodies together so closely that it would be hard to distinguish one from the other. But she pulled back, tugging my arms away from her body as she regained her balance and stood up.

She then leaned down to undo my trousers and I raised my hips slightly to help her pull them down and off my person. She seemed pleased with herself as she planted kisses on my erection. But the sensation of her soft lips was gone too quickly and I looked upon her with disappointment.

She seductively found her way back on the chair, straddling my hips on either side. She wrapped a hand around the length of my manhood, squeezing gently before she guided it halfway into her slick channel. She wanted to play, perhaps to punish me for my earlier jealousy but my body wanted none of it so I thrust upward, burying myself deep inside her. We both gasped at the contact.

She locked her eyes on mine as we began to move against each other. We soon found a rhythm that heightened each sensation, pulling away before ramming our bodies against each other, each time driving me deeper and deeper into her. Her moans grew louder and I leaned in to plant kisses on her neck. The feel of her body against and around me was exhilarating and the body wanted more. It wanted to be consumed by her being – to feel her soft skin, smell her sweet scent, hear her ever increasing moans, taste her alluring blood and see her body quiver in heavenly rapture. The demon was already eager and willing at the knowledge of what this union meant tonight. Blue eyes turned golden as I sensed both our impending release. Fangs plunged into soft flesh as I thrust into her deeply, drawing sweet blood from her as she screamed out my name in ecstasy. “Mine.” I growled out.

“Yours!” she said between moans as her muscles continued to squeeze. Her human mask melted away as her fangs descended and she penetrated my flesh, drawing my essence into her just as her muscles brought forth my own release. “Mine!” she cried out as my arms snaked around her back, planting my hands on her shoulders and pulling her down, impaling her, pushing me in as deep as possible. “Yours!” I replied.

The claim bond snapped into place and a certain calmness washed over me as I felt her comforting presence at the back of my mind. “Mate,” my demon said with satisfaction as I pulled her in for a kiss. She mewed with delight then broke the kiss to lick the fresh bite marks on my neck. The feel of her tongue on her marks brought a surprised gasp to my lips and my softening erection was instantly brought back to life.

“That’s what I was hoping for.” She giggled then seductively licked her lips. “Not through with you yet. You have a lot to make up for.”

“Me, pet? You know I never leave you wanting.”

“True, but you owe me for making me wait for so long.” She said pulling away. She made her way to the bed with a sensuous walk, climbing onto sheets and pillows slowly. She turned to face me and her lower lip found its way to her teeth as she concentrated on something. She channeled images thorough the claim, promising various ways we were going to make up for lost time as her hand snaked down to her waiting need.
14 - We Belong by Thianna

Image hosted by Photobucket.com






CHAPTER 14 – We Belong


I quietly crept around the room, gathering discarded clothing and shoes. I dressed in silence hoping to slip out into the night without Sera waking. She slept soundly and though my body wanted nothing more than to be pressed and molded against her, I had something else in mind for my precious mate. Mate. I never thought that that word could mean so much. She was mine now. She was bound to me as I am to her for all eternity.

She was right. I was a stupid git last night for doubting her. Like she said, I should have claimed her years ago. But I didn’t want to hope. The nights we spent together proclaiming love with our bodies and the kills she would affectionately share with me were enough to satisfy my needs. I was fulfilled with her touch and took anything and everything she was willing to offer me. Perhaps, a part of me feared rejection. I feared that my affections would be scoffed at as petty and that my passion was nothing more than misplaced infatuation. Angelus had pointed that out once, describing to me of my misguided feelings for my sire. He poignantly told me that I did not nor will I ever be what my Dark Princess truly desired. But that was my past. Sera was my future, my mate, and nothing else in the world mattered.

She would wake soon and I had to hurry if I planned to accomplish my task before she shed off slumber. I turned and quietly made my way to the door but as soon as my hand touched the knob her sweet voice called to me.

“Was I such a poor companion last night that my mate hastens to leave before the sun has fully set?”

“’ardly, luv. You were such an exquisite lover last night that your mate feels obliged to shower you with gifts.”

“I would rather have you here with me.” She said flicking the covers and exposing her luscious body. She let her hands trace the curve of her bosom, squeezing the flesh of her breasts gently. Her eyes fluttered closed and she let a soft moan escape her lips. “Spike …” She moved her right hand lower and dipped her fingers within the folds of her nether lips. She slowly traced the length of her sex before she rubbed her clit with deft fingers, bringing her closer to the pleasure she was seeking. “Spike …” she moaned once more beckoning me to join her.

That was all the convincing I needed. Her arousal was thick in the air and my own need responded to her. I made my way back towards the bed and licked my lips in anticipation. She angled her body, making sure I had a view of what she was doing. With lust in her eyes, she sat up and pulled me towards her by hooking her fingers on the band of my trousers. It didn’t take long for her to rid me of clothing. She pressed kisses on my neck, purposely petting and licking the claim mark. We melted once more into a familiar and passionate embrace. All thoughts of what I had planned to do for her were gone now as I satisfied a different kind of hunger.


**
Hunger for blood was the only reason we roused from bed. I donned on my clothes for the second time tonight as she readied herself for the hunt.

“Wish we didn’t have to go.” She said with a small pout.

“Well I was plannin’ on gettin’ us something to eat before you woke up. But my little kitten woke up too early and was hungry for something else.”

“You should have had the discipline to resist me.”

“Like I could.” I said pulling her into my arms and soundly kissing her lips till they were slightly swollen. “You’re ‘ard to resist, luv.”

“Then why did it take you so long to claim me? If I hadn’t done anything, we still wouldn’t be mated.”

“Shall we speak of that again? You’re now mated good and proper. Or do I need to teach my mate ‘er place.” I spanked her bottom playfully.

She let out a giggle but pouted as hunger called to her once more. “Not right now. I’m too hungry. Let’s go.”


**

We were about two blocks away from where we were staying when our sires came into view. As usual, Dru walked on ahead to meet us. The smile that was on her face slowly faded as she drew closer. The open arms she initially had were gone now as she narrowed her gaze and studied us.

“You’ve shut me out, you did. … Shut me out and threw away the key. My babies go where I cannot follow. Naughty! Naughty! … The knight and princess run away.”

“So I see the errant boy has actually grown some bollocks to claim our little lady.” Angelus said with some irritation in his voice. He was looking at Sera with disappointment which only served to stoke my ego.

Sera had never shown any interest in Angelus and on more than one occasion had blatantly rebuked his advances. Darla didn’t seem to care one way or another though she smiled at the disappointed look on the poofter’s face. She must have been somewhat grateful that this was one conquest Angelus was not about to partake in. A sense of relief washed over me at her approval. With her agreement to the claim, Angelus would not dare contest it.

Dru extended her hand towards my jaw and tilted my head to expose the fresh bite marks that stood proudly on my neck. She grew furious and her hand flew against Sera’s cheek. Sera took a step back as she nursed her face. Dru took a step forward, her arm poised for another strike but I moved between them.

“My princess dares! You ‘ave ‘im. You ‘ave ‘im more than I really cared for. But you dare erase all that I am.” Dru cried out as she pushed passed me and roughly tilted Sera’s head to expose my bite marks on her. She wailed to the moon before turning around and planting herself in her daddy’s arms.

Angelus ran a hand down Dru’s back. “Fine mess you’ve done now, William. You deserve a lashing for making your Dark Princess cry.” He said with anger in his voice since now he had a daughter to calm down. He ushered his child away from the upsetting scene.

I answered him with a glare of my own before I turned to Sera to see if she was alright.

“I don’t understand why she would be that furious.” Sera mumbled. “It’s not like our relationship with her has changed. She is still our sire. I still recognize her as sire.”

“It is bold for both of you do the claim.” Darla responded. “Why would you tie yourself to one another and lose your freedom?”

I looked at her puzzled. “I don’t see it that way.”

Darla shrugged and gave me a look that said I most probably wouldn’t understand what she was talking about. “Still such a human concept William – to be bonded to only one.”

“Why does it matter? It’s not like we belonged to anyone else, luv.”

Darla came closer to Sera and slowly traced her jaw line with a fingernail. When she reached the chin she tilted my angel’s head to one side, exposing once more the fresh bite marks that showed the world that my Sera belonged to me and me alone. “You, both of you, belonged to my darling daughter. These marks have erased her own mark. It’s perhaps a petty little thing, but my little daughter must feel like you have rejected her.”

My hand flew to my neck to trace exactly where Sera had bitten me. Darla was right. Sera had placed her mark over Dru’s scar and from my wicked plum’s reaction; I must have done the same.

I looked over and watched Drusilla sobbing softly into Angelus’ chest, but though he was acting kindly towards her, I could sense the anger building inside him. His touch was loving for now, but how long was that going to last? He planted a kiss on his daughter’s forehead then shot me a deadly glare. Sera hooked her arm around mine but I didn’t even afford her a glance as I matched my grandsire’s stare.



**

… two weeks later …

I could feel her giggling in delight as she led her victim into a shadowed corner. She moaned and even purred softly as nourishing blood coated her tongue and lips. I could hear and feel her perfectly though she was far from me. We had started hunting on our own, making the evening a game. It was a hunt within the hunt. With mischief in our eyes and a passionate kiss we would bid each other farewell and head off in different directions. Then the hunt would begin. We would satisfy our need for blood while we sent lascivious thoughts and images through the claim, teasing each other until we could no longer resist. The victor was always the one that could resist the longest, though in the end it didn’t matter because the result was always the same – both of us trying to bring the other to ecstasy.

The night was young and the hunt was just beginning. A young maiden walking by her lonesome caught my fancy. There was something about her that called to me. Perhaps it was her walk, the way she carried herself with confidence though she was alone. She seemed to be afraid of no one and the demon inside wondered how confident she would be if she found herself faced against someone that was more than just a man. I followed her for a while, watching and studying her before making my move.

When I eventually approached her, she seemed a little too willing to slip into the shadows with me. I didn’t have to coo in her ear or confess how beautiful she was in my eyes. She invited me into her arms, her body wanting to be touched, her heart pounding with eagerness. Part of me was wary of this prey but her blood sang to me. The call of sweet red ecstasy drowned out the sense of cautiousness. But as her neck became my chalice, I sensed a faint smell of almonds.

I wondered what it could be or perhaps my mind was playing tricks on me and it was just the scent of the girl in my arms. But it was unmistakably there and my nose to her flesh told me it was not from her. I caught her wrist in time, clamping down on her appendage with force to release her grip on whatever it was she was holding. I pulled away, blood spilling from the corners of my mouth as I searched her face for answers. There was anger in her eyes now. It was anger bordering on defiance. The want and need that were there moments ago no longer existed. The demon inside demon grew agitated at the fact that this one had decided to resist my charms. I pulled her in closer and ignored her feeble resistance as fangs sliced into her flesh once more, biting down harder as I drained her to the point that she could no longer lift her arms. She fell limp by my feet, barely alive.

My eyes scanned the scene, looking for what she had hidden securely and was about to use against me. A few feet away from her dying flesh, the smooth shine of a stake proclaimed its presence. With a small smirk on my lips, I picked up the stake. It was made from the wood of an almond tree which now explained the scent I noticed earlier. I wondered why a girl would have such a weapon hidden away. Had she known that this could have resulted in my end or was she merely acting out of instinct to protect herself? What was she? Who was she? I knew for a fact she could not have been the Slayer since there was nothing about her that spoke of the deadly power and strength a Slayer possessed. I was curious and wanted to know more but a dreadful feeling invaded my mind. Panic. Fear. And a name. … Angelus.
15 - My Angel Mine by Thianna
Author's Notes:
Dialogue enclosed in // means dialogue is being heard through the claim.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com




CHAPTER 15 – My Mate Mine

The dreadful feeling would not go away. Panic. Fear. Loathing. Over and over again those feelings washed over me. It was insistent and alarming. One name was chanted like a dreaded mantra -- Angelus. It was a name I had no love for to begin with and that fact just added to my fears.

I ran, letting the claim guide me to my Sera, to my mate. I could feel her fear and distress as well as the sense of urgency she pushed through the claim.

Drusilla had been upset over the claim but had made no attempts to dispute it. For a week or so, our sire opted not speak to us. She acted as if we didn’t exist. She would wave her hand in our direction acting as if there was nothing there but mere wisps of air. It took her another week after that to finally withdraw from her silent anger. Then it was as if nothing had happened.

She berated herself over and over about being a bad mum. Then she opened her arms to her children once more and showered us with kisses each night. I knew she had not completely forgiven us but her affections were enough assurance that she at the very least would not dispute the claim.

Darla just looked upon the situation as if it was somewhat trivial and so I foolishly thought that with Darla’s approval, Angelus would abide by her wishes.

Angelus. The name was burned into my thoughts once more. What was the poofter of a grandsire doing to my mate?

//You know his affections are false. They are nothing more than a mirage to fool his body into ravishing you. You know he thinks of his dark princess still. He pines over her constantly and will never ever let her go. This claim will falter dear lovely Sera.//

//It will not. The claim is strong.//

//Tell me then what it’s like to spread your legs for him. Does he hold on to you possessively while he buries himself deep within your folds? Does he whisper sweet sonnets of affection? He tells you you’re his one and only doesn’t he? But in truth who does he see? //

//He sees me!//

//Sure. Fool yourself into that. He was your first wasn’t he? You know… I can make you feel that way, perhaps even better. I can show a side of yourself that he would never be able to touch.//

//NO! I don’t want you. NO!//

Panic. Pain. Sobs. She was close but it was still not close enough as I growled into the night sky in frustration. I felt my chest tightening as if I was having difficulty breathing.

//NO! I WILL NOT LET YOU!//

//Spread them for me wench. After this he will no longer touch you without knowing that I’ve tasted you myself. I will make his precious little angel fall from heaven.//

//Sod off!//

//Feisty little wench.//


I saw them in an alleyway. My grandsire had pinned Sera with his body against the wall, his fingers buried beneath her skirts. She had her hands pressed against his chest as she struggled to push him away. I saw nothing else but rage as I lunged and tore him away from my mate. Eyes burned golden and fangs brandished in fury at the monster that attempted to take what was rightfully mine and mine alone. “You dare …”

Angelus smiled. “Come now William. It’s not like we haven’t shared anything before.”

I answered him with a menacing growl. “She is mine and I will kill anyone that would dare harm her. I don’t sodding care if you are our grandsire.”

“Bold words for someone as young as you.”

The demon urged me forward to exact vengeance on the one that dared harm my mate. Reasoning left me and was replaced by blinding fury as I lashed out at Angelus – at my grandsire who was the messenger of my constant torment and inefficiency. He wanted to writhe his way into every happiness that I possessed and twist it into his own perversion so that what was left was something I barely recognized. I knew he delighted in the fact that my sire bore more love and affection for him beyond mere sire and childe bond than she ever did with me. I was her child. She chose me out of a multitude but despite everything I had done for her, her eyes and heart would never be fully mine. She loved me. There was and will always be a part of her that will love me. But that love was enough just to fulfill her obligation as my sire.

Angelus relished in the fact that though I was Drusilla’s beloved prince, her dark knight, I would be nothing more than a play toy for her to amuse herself when he wasn’t around. And now, he wanted to twist what I had with my angel. He wanted to taint her and control her so that I would be left with nothing but emptiness and anguish.

My never-ending rage towards him compelled me forward. It drove me to punish him with a barrage of blows and kicks for daring to hurt my mate. We moved with speed and precision, our bodies responding to the different emotions inside us. His was surely the need to possess and torment while mine was of rage. But the rage wasn’t mine alone. Though she seemed frozen where she stood, the anger that burned in Sera’s eyes was evident.

I knew more than felt that my body was not immune to his assaults. I knew that his blows and kicks were connecting but my pain and the blood that oozed out from numerous cuts meant little as I focused on inflicting him with my own personal retribution.

He began to stagger and I paused for a moment, licking the blood from my busted lip.

“Haven’t I taught you anything boy? Why have you tethered yourself to only one? We are meant to be free. We were made that way. Free to kill. Free to take whatever we want. And yet you have lost yourself to her charms. Petty charms at that.”

“Such bitter words Angelus. Is that jealousy I ‘ear in your voice? I know why you ‘ate ‘er so. It’s because she rejected you and she still rejects you. It irks you to think that she could choose me over you.”

He threw a punch aimed at my torso.

“That’s it isn’t it. The poofter can’t stand the fact that something could be mine and mine alone.” I said returning his blow with my own aimed at his jaw.

“You’re delusional William.”

“And your sodding blind. The claim is strong and nothing will break it.” As if on cue, Sera finally moved and made her way towards us. She wrapped her arms around me and shot an icy glare back to our grandsire. Then she moved slightly and planted herself in front of me, pressing her soft body close as she tilted her head and plunged her fangs deep into my neck. She pulled slowly, sending feelings of love and devotion through the claim. I snaked my arms around her waist possessively, then sliced through soft flesh as my fangs buried themselves deep into her neck. I kept my gaze on my grandsire, daring him to challenge us now.

Angelus grunted his disapproval. “Let’s just see how long this will last.” He wiped the blood from a cut from his cheek. He shot us one more look of disdain then disappeared into the night.


We both pulled away from each other only when we sensed that the poofter’s presence was no more. I gave her a concerned look as I pressed my forehead against hers. “You scared me luv. I was afraid I was going to lose you.”

“I’m sorry, Spike. I should have been more careful. I should have sensed his presence earlier.”

“No. It’s not your fault, pet. ‘e’s just a big pain in the arse. You were brave my sweet darling Sera. ”

“I didn’t want him near me. Didn’t want him so close. ”

“I know luv. I know. If it’s anyone’s fault, it’s mine.” I said tucking a lock of hair behind her ear.

She shook her head and sighed into my chest. “I must smell dreadful. He was rubbing himself against me.” She said with a shudder.

“We will take care of that, pet. I’ll ‘elp you forget. I’ll give you something better to remember tonight.” I cupped her cheek and pulled her in to kiss her passionately. “I love you my angel, your mine and mine alone.”

She looked at me tenderly as she pressed and molded her body against mine. “I am yours as you are mine. I love you.”


-tbc
16 - Painting by Thianna
Author's Notes:
Based on a few reviews I thought up of this chapter. Hope you guys like it. Please be warned though that it involves torture. So if you don't like seeing Spike in pain, please just skip to Chapter 17.
**

Image hosted by Photobucket.com




CHAPTER 16 – Painting


I pulled on the chains once more, hoping against hope that maybe this time the weak link would reveal itself. But I was getting weaker by the minute. The cuts on my body though healing had wept enough blood to affect my constitution.

Angelus had done a number on me and he used his dear daughter to help him though I was sure my darling Sire had no inkling what was truly going on. Her affection for my grandsire would be enough to blind her to the truth behind his actions.

After what happened a few weeks ago, we had decided to keep in close contact with each other. I didn’t trust her being alone anywhere which she said was just silly of me. I couldn’t help it if I was being quite protective of my mate. But apparently all my cautiousness was for naught.


**

… just a few hours earlier …


Drusilla had lured us into a room under the premise that there was something she wanted to talk to me about. I didn’t feel like going. It was late. Midnight had come and gone a couple of hours ago. She was insistent and when she had her mind set on something she would never let up. It would be better to see what she wanted and be done with it than to drag it out. I went alone into the room but Sera was but a few paces away from me. She was to wait outside, to give me and Dru some privacy. Once my darling Dark Princess closed the door she threw herself at me, trying to use the lure of being my sire as her means to get to me. Her kisses were urgent and her hands were tugging at clothing. She screamed at me when I tried to push her away.

“Do you not love me anymore Spike?”

“I will always be your precious little boy but I belong to Sera now. She is my half but you will always be my Sire. That will never ever change.”

She shook her head and pouted. “I want you. I miss you.”

I let out a sigh as I gripped her arms and pushed her at arms length once more away from me. “No. I am your child nothing more.”

She wailed in anger, but her screams were in concert with another. Angelus came barging in the room with Sera in a head lock. I let out a growl, making a move forward to help my mate.

“Stay your ground, boy unless you want to see your precious dusted before your eyes.” Angelus warned me.

Sure enough, his hand was clasped around a wooden stake, already placed over Sera’s heart. I let out another incensed growl but I did not take another step forward. A devilish grin tugged at Angelus’ lips and my distaste for him grew to a proportion I didn’t know was possible.

“Now be a good boy and listen to your sire.”

Drusilla smiled happily and pushed me against the wall, planting a loving kiss on my lips as she bound my wrists in chains.

“I wonder how much you truly love each other. How much will you love each other after I’m through with you both?”

My eyes narrowed in anger, going through the various scenarios that I knew from experience Angelus was capable of. But what he actually planned wasn’t even what I was expecting. Drusilla happily settled down on a chair by the door to watch her Daddy go to work. It was obvious why she had taken that position. It was to prevent Sera from escaping.

Angelus released his hold on my mate, throwing the stake on a table. He then pulled a leather whip from a cabinet and handed it unceremoniously to Sera. She looked at it curiously as our grandsire pushed her forward towards me.

“Dear sweet Sera, I want you to be my little artist tonight. I have even given you a fresh canvas.” He said gesturing to my chained form.

“No!”

“Why not? It’s just a little lashing. Your mate has been quite a mischievous boy and it has been a while since he’s been disciplined.”

“I will not hurt him.”

“Now, have you forgotten my lessons? Pain can be pleasure. If you do it correctly you would be fulfilling a desire instead of inflicting pain.”

Sera looked at me intently. //I will not do it. I will not hurt you love. And though he may speak truth, I will not give him the satisfaction that this act is his to control.// She told me this in a defiant tone.

//Knowin’ Angelus you might not ‘ave a choice. It’s okay, luv. I would rather you be the one ‘olding that whip. //

“Why do you hesitate, Sera? Do I need to convince you?” he said making a gesture to reach out for her bosom.

Sera quickly took a step forward, avoiding his touch. I could sense that she was still feeling disgust from earlier when she was trapped in his arms. With sadness in her eyes she let the whip fly and I felt the sting of leather against skin.

//Spike, what if I use this against him? //

//Do not risk it. Not with Drusilla watchin’. She may ‘ave let the claim go but you know she will follow ‘er Daddy to the ends of the earth. //

Another sting, another wallop, the leather cut through skin and forced blood to the surface. //Spike, I can’t just do this. I need to find a way to free you. //

//Don’t worry about me. I’ve endured this before.//

I could feel her wince as the whip hit skin and her thoughts went to that of dread that I had been tortured like this before.

“You’re being too gentle on your lover Sera. Hit him harder or I myself will carve him with this.” Angelus brandished a dagger, making sure that both of us saw the blade reflect some of the candlelight in the room.

I could hear my mate whimper mentally though she would not give Angelus the satisfaction of hearing it from her throat. I felt the leather hit harder, the front of my shirt now nothing more than tattered shreds. The stings were starting to meld together and I was thankful that at least she was trying to avoid my more sensitive areas especially since I was being whipped in the front.

I dared glance up and didn’t like what I saw. Angelus seemed to be getting bored and our grandsire being bored was never a good thing. He started moving towards Sera and I was helpless to stop him. He wrestled the whip from her hand and pushed her hard against the opposite wall.

“Do I have to show you myself how it should be done?”

Sera did not put up a fight and I understood though disagreed with her reasoning. //You’ve suffered enough, Spike. At least you’ll be able to rest. //

//Sod that Sera! Tell ‘im you’ll strike me ‘arder. Tell ‘im you remember your lessons and will make me suffer.//

//No!//

//Tell him!//

Angelus cracked the whip in the air once trying to instill fear. The next one landed on her back, ripping the silk fabric of her dress.

//Stop being stubborn. Tell ‘im you’ll do it! //

//No. Please Spike. You need to rest, even for just a tiny bit. //

The sound of leather hitting fabric and skin sang in the air. Sera clenched her jaw and held her tongue, again not wanting to give Angelus any satisfaction of a cry or a whimper. But after a few more lashes, he stopped and turned his gaze towards me. I could see the anger on his face and it was obvious he was displeased that he couldn’t get any sort of confirmation of pain from either of us. He placed a heavy hand on Sera’s shoulder, jerking her back to face him right before his hand flew and landed squarely on her cheek.

My fangs descended and eyes turned golden in anger, which in hindsight was a mistake. It was a response that he was looking for as he moved towards her once more, this time aiming a blow to her stomach. I pulled against my restrains but the chains held firm. “Dru… Dru…” I tried to call to her but she was in one of her crazy moods, lost to reality for the time being. Her mind was elsewhere perhaps seeing stars and fairies.

I watched helplessly as Angelus laid a heavy hand on my mate. She tried to fight back but was no match for his age and strength. It didn’t take long and a well-placed blow knocked her unconscious. I let out a growl in fear of what he would do.

“Relax William. As alluring and delicious it would be to take your woman before your eyes, it would give no pleasure if she’s oblivious to the act. And even if she was awake, she’d just wail and be venomous. How would that be enjoyable? No. Only if I knew she would be moaning my name in pleasure would that act become appealing. But it has been a while since I’ve tasted your blood.”

Angelus walked towards me, the dagger once again in his hand. He let the tip of the blade touch my shoulder. Then he pushed it in and dragged it up the length of my arm. Blood stained my shirt red and with that glint in his eye, he licked the blood that painted the steel in his hand. He then took a step back and tilted his head as if pondering what to do next. His eyes focused on the cuts on my torso that were starting to heal. He moved quickly, tracing the cuts and opening them once more with the dagger. I closed my eyes and steeled myself for pain as my body relived fresh memories. Over and over again he would trace the cuts with a dagger, not wanting the pain to subside.

I lost concept of time as my body registered the unending pain. My eyes wandered over to where Sera lay still. At least she was safe. I would take this pain if it meant she was safe.

**

Angelus eventually grew tired and opted for another activity to pass the time. I wondered why he stopped. Knowing him he would have just found something else to beat or cut me with. Soon I heard giggles as from the corner of my eye I saw him pulling Dru into his arms. There were kisses and there were moans but I was too tired and too worried about Sera for it to affect me. Moans soon turned into grunts spattered with Dru’s profession of devotion mingled with her need for her sire to complete her. It brought fourth a painful memory of what my life was but a few years ago. Perhaps in that sense, Angelus had succeeded in this form of torture.

He didn’t relent, and soon his child was once more sighing in utter delight. I knew what he was doing, showing me the power he had over me at the moment. I should be worshipping him right now since he had taken Dru and not Sera. She was unable to defend herself and I was chained to the wall. Despite his revelation earlier that taking Sera was not his intent, I knew through experience that proclamations such as those from his lips were not to be trusted.

He eventually pulled away and walked over to stand in front of me. He had not even bothered to put up any semblance of decency obviously wanting my senses to be filled with the idea that he had just taken Dru.

“Are we done with this game yet, mate?”

Angelus laughed. “You really are a waste, Spike. You understand what I teach you and yet with a kiss and a spread of her legs you seem to throw everything away.”

“You know nothin’.”

“But I’m not the one chained to a wall like a helpless animal.”

“Fuck off!”

Angelus just grinned. “Do you know what time it is Spike? How long do you think we’ve been here?” he said moving towards the window.

“No! You said we would play. You said he would learn a lesson he deserved, but Daddy…”

Angelus shot Dru an icy glare. “You're questioning me as well?”

Drusilla gave a concerned look at her children. “But I don’t want him to burn.” She said rushing over to Angelus to try and stop him. But the elder vampire grew angry that she dared go against him. He clamped his hand around her throat, squeezing to prove his point before throwing her a few feet away. She whimpered and wailed and rushed out of the room.

I pulled on the chains once more, hoping against hope that maybe this time the weak link would reveal itself. But I was getting weaker by the minute. The cuts on my body though healing had wept enough blood to affect my constitution. I watched helplessly as Angelus pulled the curtains back a bit, revealing what my senses already knew – that the sun was about to wake and shine.

Then there was that devilish grin on his face once more as he pushed the curtains closed and tilted his head as if calculating something. He then took a dagger and started cutting a few tiny holes into the curtains, meticulously taking his time as if creating a pattern. I noticed that he was cutting out only two of the four curtain layers that would effectively let a bit of sun in without being truly harmful. He took a step away from the window, then bend down towards Sera to rouse her.

“Come now sleeping child. Time for you to see what kind of painting we’ve been creating.”

//Spike!//

//I’m alright luv. For now anyway.//

She tried to focus on me to see what was happening.

“We’ve blessed him with blood and steel. The only thing left is to bless him in sunlight and fire.” Angelus whispered in her ear as he held her firm.

Her eyes grew large at the realization of what our grandsire was intent on doing. Soon the sun came to burn the night away and I waited for the inevitable, constantly trying to shake the chains in the hopes maybe lady luck would favor me somehow. I felt the sun’s rays hit my chest, a tinge of warm comfort that was quickly turned to a burning sensation as I smelled my flesh burning and smoking. The nerve endings on my face were tingling where a small patch of sunlight was aimed at my cheek near my eye.

“No!” Sera said in desperation as Angelus was softly chuckling as he held her back.

A few moments later Drusilla entered the room, all angry and protesting once again. “Daddy is being bad. Daddy is trying to break ancient magic.”

“Angelus! What have you been up to this time?” Darla asked in an irritated voice. She was dressed in her silken nightgown and based on her irritated voice Drusilla had interrupted her precious sleep. She took in the sight before her, my bloodied form and Sera’s bruised face and ripped clothing.

“Are you at it again? You’ve had your fun. Now enough of this!” she said making her way towards me, the keys to my restraints in her hand.

Angelus narrowed his gaze on his sire. “Just a little sunlight. The boy can handle it.”

“And one tiny sway of that curtain and the boy might end up as dust!”

“That’s a bad thing?”

Darla had her hands on her waist in irritation causing Angelus to let Sera go. She quickly rushed over to help me. Drusilla was by my other side as well, running her fingers through my hair and kissing the unburned side of my face.

“I have my reasons.”

“What reasons?”

“My reasons. Now come to bed!”

“It’s that fucking Order again isn’t it. You’re precious Master making you heel like a dog. I told you. You don’t need them. I told you I would take care of you.”

“He is my sire!”

“So?! He believes in a stupid ideal. It’s nothing more than the prophecy of a deranged vampire.”

Darla’s hand connected to her child’s cheek with such force. “I said come to bed Angelus. I’m in no mood to argue about this right now.” She turned to face us. “Drusilla, be a good daughter and tend to your children. Now I’ll have to open the windows later tonight to let that awful smell out. I swear the things I have to do.” She turned to leave but looked over her shoulder to glare at her child. “Enough Angelus! Heed me on this one.”

**
-tbc
17 - Open Up by Thianna

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



CHAPTER 17 – Open Up


… Fall 1898 …

She was in a fit of giggles as I wrestled her to the floor. Not wanting to be outdone, she rocked her body and found a way to exchange our positions. She now sat proudly on top, her hands splayed against my chest in support as she looked down with hungry eyes. I was about to comment on her magnificence … about to tell her how much my body wanted her and needed her. But the words never came. They faded away as she rubbed herself against my crotch, teasing my sex with her own. It didn’t take long for the position to feel quite uncomfortable as my need obviously strained against the fabric of my trousers. The need to be sheathed inside her was slowly becoming unbearable.

“Luv, you’re bein’ evil.”

“I thought that was how you liked me.” She said with a mischievous grin as she lowered her head, letting her hands caress my body before she fumbled with buttons and freed my erection. She grasped it firmly in her hand as she planted a soft kiss on the head before letting her tongue dart out and lavish it with affection. She let tongue and soft caresses tease me, causing unconscious moans and hitched breaths to escape from my throat. I let out a gasp as she took me fully into her mouth, letting her tongue draw lazy patterns on the base of my shaft alternating it with the slight sucking motion of her cheeks.

She knew what to do. She knew exactly how to make my body scream for more. She worked deftly with tongue, lips, fingers and even fangs to bring me to the height of pleasure.

With a smile that bordered on mischief and satisfaction, she hovered over me. Her long hair falling from her shoulders to tickle both my nose and cheeks. Then with a giggle, I felt her moving away. My hand quickly caught her arm and pulled her back. “And where do you think you’re goin’ luv?”

“I’m … Um …. Mmmm …“

I placed my hands on her waist and pushed her down on me as I thrust myself inside her. “Still thinkin’ about leavin’?”

She looked at me with determination as she matched my thrusts with her own. One finger traced down the middle of my chest but I didn’t realize she broke skin until I felt her lapping up at the blood that had gently seeped out. The feel of her tongue on my skin just added to the sensation and I reciprocated by plunging myself deeper into her. Her muscles tensed up and soon her back arched back as her sweet voice screamed out my name.


**

I could hear whimpering coming from somewhere but when I opened my eyes all I could see was black. The darkness was thick, never-ending and seemingly impenetrable. It felt like nothingness. It was like being detached from the world. I tried to make sense of what was happening or at the very least determine where I was. Then something moved against me and it was only then that I realized the body lying in my arms. It was a woman, but her long honeyed locks veiled her features. Was the whimpering coming from her? I knelt down on one knee and carefully balanced her so she wouldn’t fall to the ground as I pushed her hair from her face. Green eyes and soft red lips came into view and I rejoiced at the realization that it was my beloved Sera. But my joy was short-lived as I saw the expression of utter terror etched into her lovely face. What could have frightened her so? My fingers brushed against her cheek, coaxing her to look at me.

“William? Where are we? Where were you?”

“Wot do you mean, pet?”

“I waited patiently for you but you left. Oh William, I have missed you so much.” She said burying her face in my chest.

I looked at her curiously. “I’m here, pet. You know I would never ever leave you.”

She looked up with fearful eyes. “It’s so dark. It’s so dark and lonely. I’m scared…”

I wrapped my arms around her affectionately. “You know I’ll keep you safe, luv.” I moved to tighten my hold on her but then I felt nothing but air. Panic set in at what just happened. I turned and hit something soft, but it wasn’t her. It was a pillow.

Sleep filled eyes tried to focus as my gaze rested on pillows which were devoid of my mate. “Sera?” Silence followed and though sleep beckoned, the need to make sure she was safe was more important. “Sera?”

“Um … yes?”

My eyes darted to the source of the sound and my fears abated upon seeing her. She seemed hunched over something but I couldn’t see what and sleep was pulling me back into the land of dreams. “Come back to bed, kitten. It’s still too early.”

“Bed? Um … I … I will…”



**


I held on to her tightly, hoping that it would be enough to comfort her as tears fell from her eyes. I was at a loss. I had no idea what she was feeling since she had cut me off. For the past two days, I’ve pleaded with her to let me back in. What did I do? Why did she abruptly close off both her feelings and the claim from me? But three days ago everything seemed perfect. The hunt was good and the bed play afterwards was one of the best we’ve had in months. She was aggressive, willing and hungry for contact. I lost count how many times she bit me, at times to draw blood, at times to tease and bring both of us to added sensations and pleasures.

Now, she was aloof and it was a miracle that she was letting me hold her. Yesterday, when I took her hand to kiss it, she hissed then spat my hand away and had such a look of fear on her face.

“Sera? Are you feelin’ any better now pet?”

Her sobs had subsided but that could just be out of fatigue.

“Do you think you can tell me now what’s wrong?”

She said nothing.

“Do you think you’ll feel up to comin’ out and feedin’ tonight, luv?” At the mention of the word feeding, she pushed me far away from her.

“No! No feeding. Feeding is wrong.”

“Sera, what are you talkin’ about? You’re bein’ unreasonable. Please, luv you need to come with us tonight. You’ve been in this room for three days now. I know you must be hungry.”

“ It doesn’t matter now. Nothing matters now. Dirty. … Everything dirty and sad and hurting. Feeding is wrong.” She said wild-eyed. I tried to take a step towards her, but she only increased the distance between us.

“Please luv, you need to eat. Your hunger is makin’ you delirious.”

She shook her head in fear. “Hungry yes, but it doesn’t matter. Mustn’t hurt anymore.”

“Kitten, I don’t understand what you’re talkin’ about, but if you don’t go out and feed tonight, you’ll get weaker. Please, if you’re not goin’ to tell me what’s wrong, please at least come with us to hunt.”

“NO! NO! NO!”

“Fine, just the two of us then. We’ll leave Angelus and the others behind. I still can’t stand the soddin’ git anyway, especially after what he did. Just the two of us luv. We’ll feed and you’ll get better.”

“Nothing will make it better. Have to be quiet now. Have to be still or they’ll find me.”

“Find you, pet? Who will find you?”

“Shhh. … I said quiet. They’ll find me. They’ll hurt me.”

“I’m not goin’ to let anyone hurt you. Please Sera just let me back into the claim. Let me help you.”

She looked at me with pleading eyes and for one second I thought that she would heed my request. But all she did was turn away from me and then she started talking gibberish again.

“Forget. … I forgot something. Mother would be angry if she found me this way. Feel dirty. Feel angry. Need to be clean. Need to be all shiny …. Sunshine…”

I took a chance and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. She shrieked and moved further away from me. I quickly pulled my hand back and took a deep breath to calm myself.

“I’ll be quick tonight, pet. I’ll be back soon.”

I slipped out of the room and stealthfully exited the house, thankful that I didn’t encounter the other members of our family. I was in no mood to explain to them what was going on with Sera for a number of reasons. Her blatant refusal to feed or hunt would be a show of weakness which Darla rarely overlooked. Then, her closing of the claim link from me was something Angelus would surely just love to take advantage of, especially after what he pulled. The poofter would take this as an opportunity to break us apart. Sera’s refusal to open up to me, would be a sign that the claim link had the possibility of being broken and Angelus was just the git that would want to exploit that weakness just to irk me.

I was on alert for the hour that I was out to feed. I didn’t linger more than a block and a half from the house, afraid that Sera might have the mind to run away. What was I going to do? Three days now she hadn’t fed. Three days now she has shut me out making me feel incomplete and partly empty without her. I racked my brain, wondering what it could be that had made her turn from me. My perfect angel was rejecting me and I didn’t understand why.

As my second victim fell to the ground, I knew I couldn’t hold out any longer. I was far from satisfied, but there were more important things than feeding at the moment. I rushed back to the house and stood outside the door to our room, somewhat thankful that at least she didn’t leave. I knocked softly and waited for her to acknowledge my presence.

“Come in…”

The weakness in her voice struck me to my core. I needed to do something before she got any worse.

“Sera?”

“No, please don’t call me that. Never call me that again. I hate it. I hate that name.”

I closed my eyes and steeled myself for the sting that she just threw into my heart. She loved that name. She loved that I gave it to her. “But that is your name. That is what you are called by, my angel.”

Her eyes narrowed. “No. Don’t you dare call me that!”

My jaws clenched and my eyes closed. She was my angel but now even that she rejected. I wanted to hurt her. I wanted to make her feel the ache of what she had just done, but that would lead me nowhere. So I let it slide. “As you wish pet. Elizabeth then … “

“Yes. Elizabeth. That was my name.”

“Can I come closer?” I wanted to just pull her in my arms and take away whatever it was that was ailing her. I touched her shoulder, but the subtle cringe that shook her body caused me to pull my hand away. With a sigh, I took a step back. Why was she rejecting me?

“What am I?” she blurted out.

“What do you mean, pet?”

“What am I? Why am I alive? Why am I here?”

I knew I needed to tread carefully. “What do you think you are, luv?”

“We are dead. But why are we here? Why do we kill?”

“To survive. It is ‘ow we exist.” I said trying to make it sound necessary.

“They’re telling me I’m evil. They’re telling me I should be punished.”

“Who is?”

“Everyone, that is why I have to be quiet.”

“Ser … Elizabeth, please I want to help you. Please luv, let me back in. I need you with me. I can help. Let me in. I feel like I’m dyin’ without you.”

With haunted eyes she bore into me. “It will hurt. Don’t want you to hurt. Why do I love you? You’re evil like me. Evil is bad. You’re bad. Mustn’t stay … mustn’t love evil.”

I pushed down the lump that formed in my throat. Her broken sentences were hardly intelligent but her meaning didn’t bypass me. They stung. They stung much more than her admission earlier that she hated the name I had given her. Somehow I was losing her when I didn’t even know who or what was making her slip away from me. Biting back the tears that wanted to burst forth, I knelt down in desperation in front of my sweet angel and with imploring eyes, begged once more that she return to me. If she was to flee from everything that I had given, I at the very least deserved to know how she really felt. If I was to be replaced by another love, I would rather feel the utter coldness of her unfeeling heart.

She looked down in sorrow. “Are you strong enough William? Can you share what it is I feel?”

“Anythin’ luv. Whatever it is please … I claimed you because I love you. I vowed to share everythin’ with you. Please luv, let me in.”

She closed her eyes then urged me to stand and follow her. She took a seat on the bed that not three days ago we shared in carnal bliss. She took my hand in hers and brought it to her cheek.

Slowly the dark cloud that hindered the claim was being lifted. She was opening herself up to me once more and the fact of having her being fill my mind comforted the demon inside. But it was short-lived. She pushed forth a comforting feeling of love within the claim but I realized it wasn’t for me. It wasn’t for Spike. It was for her image of what William was to her. Then there was the feeling of absolute self-loathing of what she was now. Her utter hatred for being undead compounded by the fact that she still bore some feelings for me, her undead lover. Then there was guilt. There was guilt for having killed and for relishing in it. She felt guilty for killing men, women and children for survival and for pleasure.

“I waited for you. I waited and thought you that you finally grew weary of me. But then they came. They said you loved me. They said I would be your bride. The precious thing was taken from me… but it’s here now. ... my precious. .. my spark… my soul.”

Her words lay thick in the air as her emotions spoke volumes through our link. But not having a soul of my own only made it somewhat harder to truly understand why she felt such hatred. Perhaps I was being selfish because all I could think about was why she was questioning her love for me. Then subtle and almost unnoticeable, there was one doubt that I was starting to pick out. Just as she saw herself as a monster, she was beginning to see me in the same light.

I stood up and made my way towards the other side of the room. I knew that it wasn’t what she needed at the moment. She needed me to be beside her and tell her that everything was going to be alright. But it hurt too much. She was my mate. She was my love and my angel, and now she despised me.

“NO!”

“What do you mean by that, pet?’

“I do not despise you!”

I let out a small chuckle. “Sure could have fooled me pet. I can feel it. I’m evil right. A monster? Guess what pet? I’m not goin’ to pretend to be somethin’ I’m not, but I never thought that there would come a time when you’d think so lowly of me.”

“I’m confused William. I don’t understand anything and these voices ... voices in my head. Can we just end it hun? Can I go home now? They’re waiting for me I’m sure. But I won’t go to heaven. No… been bad…. Killed … “

Her eyes glossed over then she moved to the table where a dagger lay. It was the same dagger I had given to her a few years back when she had this amusing interest for blades. She looked at the dagger with eerie fascination then put it back down. Her fingers flew to her clothing, removing layer upon layer till she was clad in nothing more than her own flesh. “Have to dig it out. Remove it by digging it out.” And before I could even react, she plunged the blade into her breast. Blood dripped from the fresh wound and then gurgled out as she pulled it away. She raised her arm back up and plunged it in deep once more.

“No Elizabeth. Stop. That won’t help.” I rushed towards her, twisting her wrist to let go of the hilt. I pulled the dagger out and threw it on the table. With my tongue, I lapped up at her wound, effectively sealing it.

“Why are you here? Why haven’t you left?”

“Because even though I don’t understand your actions and despite the fact that I’m angry because you despise me, I… I still love you. I’ll always love you. You are my mate. You are mine!”

“So that’s all it is then, obligation through the claim?”

“Bloody ‘ell woman. ‘aven’t you been listenin’ to me? Can’t you feel the truth in my words? In my claim? It won’t falter.”

She looked up at me in wonderment. “How could you?”

“I don’t care what you are or what you’ve become. I love you Elizabeth. And it will take more than a soul to drive a wedge between us. I’ll take care of you luv. Always.” I said pulling her against me. I could feel her cringe ever so slightly as I wrapped my arms around her. “I won’t let go, luv.”

She started to whimper. Her body soon relaxed and she let herself go as her whimpers turned into sobs. From what I could pick out from the claim, this was by no means a solution. She was still hurting, and I doubt that the guilt would ever go away. Her soul. Who could have cursed her so?




***
A/N: Found a typo... should have been Fall 1898
18 - A Secret by Thianna
Author's Notes:
Thanks to McChick for betaing this chapter.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com





CHAPTER 18 - A Secret


I had no answers, not even speculations, as to who would curse my beloved angel with a soul. I spent most of the day running scenarios in my head, trying to recall as far back as a month ago of anything significant during our nightly outings. But there was nothing out of the ordinary. Could we have angered some mystical entity? But the hunt had been fairly uneventful. It was so boring at times that we had to make up games or purposely prolong a poor victim’s suffering just to provide some form of amusement. Maybe it was some sort of vengeance. I shook my head and hoped that was not the case. I had heard about vengeance demons, but the most well renowned demons were typically of women wronged by men. Sera favored male victims.

But then again vengeance was never a clean cut affair. I knew that for a fact remembering the day I sought retribution for the source of my human embarrassment. My fury was meant only to hurt those that had caused me to run away with human tears into the arms of my salvation, but I had gone beyond that and killed. No, killed was such a tame word. No, I slaughtered over thirty people that night. My Dark Princess was proud of such an accomplishment but seeing one or two of my victims left a somewhat bitter taste in my mouth. Not everyone in that gathering deserved such a death. There was no mercy. There were no lovely sighs, kisses, soft caresses or yearning. Unlike most of my victims of late who I typically grant some semblance of satisfaction, usually sexual in nature, those that were unfortunate enough to meet William the Bloody that night were tortured, beaten and clawed. Some were even mauled and mutilated beyond recognition. In some twisted sense of humor I had taken a railroad spike and bludgeoned a number of them to death. There was blood everywhere. On the walls, on the floor, on clothing on flesh, on me. There was not one piece of clothing on my person that was not stained, almost drenched with dark, red, sweet blood.

Elizabeth stirred in the bed beside me. Her brow furrowed and her hands shot up as if trying to push someone or something away. I quickly focused my thoughts on her and pushed memories of my night of vengeance far from my mind. She calmed down once I filled my thoughts of her and I cursed inwardly for being careless enough to let those memories flow to her in her current condition.

I pulled her into my arms, caressing her arms to soothe her as I whispered apologies in her ear. “Forgive me, luv. I should have known better.” I pursed my lips on her ear, nibbling gently as I filled my senses with her scent.

She answered with a small whimper before her eyes fluttered open looking at me with sadness. “None of that now, kitten.”

I could tell from the expression on her face that she wanted to ask about that time… about the memory that inadvertently flowed into her and became her recent nightmare. I shook my head and placed a finger on her lips. “That was a long, long time ago, pet and none of it your fault.”

She answered me with a sigh as she buried her face into my bare chest. I held her there, somewhat thankful that though she seemed upset, none of her tears flowed. Or maybe she was just running out of them.

I let my fingers dance against her back, lifting them to her neck to play with my scars which stood proudly on her pale skin. Her body stiffened slightly as the touch registered, but it was obvious she was fighting the reaction her body had to the magical bond that made us mates. It hurt. I wouldn’t lie to myself and say I was fine with it. Who in the world would be okay with the fact that your mate didn’t want to be intimate with you? But I had to be understanding and because I loved her, I would help her forget, even for just an hour or so about her pain.

I bent down and replaced deft fingers with soft lips, pulling a fair amount of skin and flesh into me. I took my time, letting my tongue dart out to trace lazy circles on the claim mark while the hand that was on her neck just recently slid down below her waist to rest lightly on one luscious butt cheek. The demon inside wanted nothing more than to burst forth and reaffirm the claim. It was slightly confused, bordering on irritated, that it was being held back and replaced by tenderness – a tenderness that it deemed shouldn’t be shown to a woman that was in someway rejecting him at the moment. It took some concentration not to want to shift and sink my fangs into her sweet flesh but she didn’t need any reminder that she was a demon at the moment. She needed a fantasy to hopefully deal with everything that was going on. I needed to show here that she was bound to a man and not just a demon.

I worried the claim mark with lips and tongue not even daring to use my human teeth. She had a hand splayed against my chest as if ready to push me away but the tension in her arms soon disappeared as I let the hand on her bottom caress the soft flesh hiding behind her slip. My hand craved contact and with nimble fingers I grasped the fabric of her slip, lightly pulling the cloth upward to expose her outer thigh. When I heard a soft moan from her lips, my hand dared to move onto something more intimate, part of me waiting for her to bat it away but she had embraced this fantasy easily.

“All for you, Elizabeth. I’ll stop if you wish me to.” I whispered into her ear.

“William, no don’t stop. … Mmmm … “

Her using my human name should have hurt. Who was I kidding? It did, a little bit. But I would let it pass for her. For now.

My hand delved beneath sheets and fabric, searching for the familiar folds of flesh that I was intent on teasing. She moaned when I found my prize and started to rub it lightly. My fingers stroked the little bundle of nerves hidden between the folds of sweet flesh till the scent of her arousal permeated the air and her button peaked out from my ministrations. I moved two fingers near her now weeping slit then started alternating between rubbing her clit and thrusting inside her waiting need. She gasped when I first plunged my digits into her, but the gasps were soon replaced by heated moans as she rocked her hips forward, wanting me to thrust deeper into her. Her bottom lip found its way between her teeth as her head fell back against the pillows and her thighs parted ever so slightly to give me better access.

“That’s it luv. Don’t be afraid to let yourself go.”

I know that sounded a little silly since I had seen her climax numerous times, even before she was turned. But I wanted to reassure her that she was safe here, safe with me. Her eyes fluttered closed as my fingers delved deeper into her. She moved to lay flat on her back, her hips thrusting slightly upward in time with my fingers. I watched her intently and felt like something was missing. I should be there with her – moaning and writhing in pleasure, but this wasn’t about me right now. My hard straining need would have to wait. I would have to forgo my own pleasure for now, but I needed some sort of contact. I felt like I needed to taste her.

I moved down, pulling my fingers away from her need. She whimpered at the momentary loss of contact but gasped soon enough as I kissed her nether lips, showing them the same ardor I normally would when I kiss her mouth. My tongue slid inside her, taking the time to slowly taste both her flesh and arousal. I buried my face between her legs and with long slow strokes, licked the bundle of nerves that just moments ago were at my finger’s mercy. I took my time, letting the feel of her flesh and the taste of her sex register in my brain with each lick. Her fingers soon found their way to my hair, tangling between curls as she kept me in place. Happily I complied, sampling her and wanting more. Her moans grew louder as her body tensed up and soon she found her release, declaring her pleasure and calling out my human name as wave upon wave of sexual bliss coursed through her body.

I waited until the last trembling of her climax subsided before I moved to lie beside her once more. She sighed with content, holding onto my form, as if she was afraid the only lifeline she had at the moment would disappear. I planted a kiss on the top of her head and watched as she drifted once more into sleep. I wanted to take her, to make her mine. I wished she had looked at me when I was teasing her into ecstasy but I was willing to give her what she needed at the moment. There would be enough time later to worry about her situation. I just needed to keep her safe, keep her away from prying eyes and keep this a secret.


**

She was staring off into space again, dressed only in her slip. I had felt her climb out of bed earlier but instead of doing what I wanted which was to pull her against me, I gave her space. She must have felt me move against the sheets since she turned and for a brief moment met my blue eyes. She looked down and started biting her lower lip, a sure sign that she was thinking about something. I raised myself on one elbow then reached out with my free hand, beckoning her to come to me. She looked at it, just staring at the outstretched hand for what seemed like forever before her legs moved and in a whirl of white fabric she made her way back to our bed.

“Luv, the sun’s down. We have to get you dressed for the hunt.”

She shook her head and her eyes registered fear. “No… I won’t go.”

“You have to pet. It has been over a week since you’ve joined us. If you don’t go, Angelus and Darla may suspect something. Please luv. I’ll be there. I’ll take care of you.” I said moving to mold my body against her back but she resisted and stayed somewhat tense.

“I won’t kill. I won’t take another life.”

“I know that. But you need to come with me. Please?!”

She remained firm until I peppered kiss down her neck. She nodded slightly and I breathed a sigh of relief.

I gave her a light kiss on the cheek before I moved from the bed and pulled discarded clothes on. I could feel her eyes on me as I dressed. If she had been feeling fine, I would have made some lascivious remark. But now was not the time for such things. I buttoned my shirt and tucked it quickly in my trousers before moving towards the closet to pick out a dress for her. I chose a simple blue dress and presented it before her. She stood up slowly and allowed me to help her into it, stepping through the skirt and slipping her arms in its sleeves.


“That’s my girl. We’ll get you all prettied up.”

“I want it out of me. I want the voices to stop. Spike, please make them stop.”

With a sigh, I finished buttoning up her dress then pulled her into my arms. “Forgive me pet. I still haven’t found where they are. I still don’t know who was responsible. But I’m close. Soon love. I’ll take care of everythin’. I love you.”

She cringed for a moment and I closed my eyes trying to ignore what she just did. I don’t know what to think anymore. Have I really lost my mate? I know she could feel my affection for her through the claim but it seemed like she wouldn’t believe me. There were times when she seemed to be okay being in my arms and at times she would shudder at my touch.

“I’m sorry Spike. I’m just … I’m just confused is all. I don’t doubt that you care but …”

I swallowed my pride. At least she called me Spike and not William. “Shhh, luv. Don’t apologize. It’s enough that you’re here.” I said taking a brush and running it through her hair. We sat like that in silence for a moment as I worked to smooth her hair till it had a luster of its own. I placed the brush back down on the dresser then I pushed my left sleeve up, and thrust the fleshy part of my forearm near her lips.

She gave me a puzzled look.

“Go ahead luv. You need your strength and it should help with the hunger.”

She looked at it with trepidation but she couldn’t deny the presence of her hunger. She held my arm firmly then sank her teeth in. Her tongue traced lazy circles on my skin as she drank and I was somewhat relieved when I could feel her relax against me.

“That’s it, pet. Don’t worry about a thing. I’ll figure somethin’ out.”

**

Elizabeth held on to my arm tightly as the family went out to hunt. I purposely slowed our pace in the hopes that maybe we could slip away from them. I knew she felt uncomfortable about the whole situation. I could sense the conflict within her as she heard muffled cries from the victims that fell before our sires.

“They’re all innocent.” She said softly.

“Not everyone is innocent, luv.”

But she dared me with her piercing green eyes.

“Well perhaps some are more innocent than others, but most people have their own little skeletons and secrets.”

“Do we have to do this tonight?”

I stopped walking and just stared at my shoes.

“Spike?”

“Elizabeth, it’s who we are. It’s what we do to survive.” I said solemnly.

“No it’s not. That’s Angelus talking. We don’t have to kill. We don’t have to take an innocent human life.”

“Will that help, luv? Will it make you feel better if I feed only on the not so innocent?”

She closed her eyes and rested her head on my chest. It looked like a small gesture but it spoke volumes between us. I knew she was torn. Her new found morality had her hanging precariously over the endless and fathomless pit of insanity. She needed something to hold on to the world and being her mate that job was mine. It was hard enough on her to feel guilt for past sins and it didn’t help that she was strongly connected and had feelings for someone that shared if not exceeded those sins. I thought for sure during the past week that she would leave me. But my angel was strong. She still could not bring the right words lest the right emotions to the surface, but small gestures like this one helped. As long as she wanted to be by my side I would never leave her, I loved her that much. Who was I bloody kidding? Even if she didn’t want me by her side, I would still follow her. She was mine. She was my mate.

**
… a week or so later …

I had a frightened man by the throat, his back flat against the wall. His hands were desperately clawing my left hand, struggling uselessly as I just gripped him tighter.

“Now, you feel like talkin’ yet?” From the corner of my eye I saw Elizabeth turn her back.

“I … I … told you. I don’t know anything.”

“See I really don’t think you’re tellin’ me the truth.” I said pulling him back about a foot away from the wall before slamming him back against it with such force that the room shook. “Now, what was it you were sayin’?”

“I don’t know who it was. I just cast the spell.”

“Then remove it!”

“I can’t …”

“You can’t or you won’t?” I growled.

“I don’t know how.”

“Guess that means you’re useless then.” I said baring my fangs as my free hand ripped his shirt to expose his shoulder.

“But … but I know who might be able to help. There’s … this seer … powerful, can talk to higher powers. He might have an idea how to remove it. But last I heard he left and moved to China.”

Elizabeth made her way towards me and placed a gentle hand on my shoulder. “That’s enough Spike.”

I shook my head. “No, pet. It’s best if we cover our tracks. We wouldn’t want him to tattle tale to anybody.”

“And who is he going to squeal to, Spike?”

“Does it matter? He did the deed luv. For that alone he should pay. If it wasn’t for him you wouldn’t be feelin’ this way.”

“And how do you think killing him would make me feel? Killing him won’t resolve my current situation.”

I let out a sigh knowing she was right. “Be thankful she’s in a forgiving mood today.” I spat out as I released the frightened magic user. I turned back to Elizabeth and wrapped an arm around her waist. Once we were outside, I heard her sigh and lean against me. “I’m sorry pet. It seems like we’re not havin’ any luck. But I’ll find a way to get us to China. We’ll go talk to this seer.”

“That’s so far away.”

“I don’t care, pet. Anythin’ for you.”
19 - A First by Thianna
Disclaimer: The characters from Buffy the Vampire Slayer are owned by Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, and Fox studios. This story is not meant to infringe upon anyone's rights, only to entertain.

**

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



A/N: Thanks to McChick and 2zen2 for betaing this chapter


CHAPTER 19 – A First

1900, China … Boxer Rebellion

It took a few days, but I was finally able to convince Angelus that Europe was getting boring and that we needed to go east for something more interesting. Of course the poofter would never admit that it was my idea to come here in the first place.

Interestingly enough something intriguing was occurring in China. Apparently, a little rebellion was brewing which suited the rest of our little family just fine. There was so much chaos happening that the humans were easy pickings. The fear and destruction around us was quite intoxicating in itself, which pleased our sires to no end. I, on the other hand, was glad for it because it afforded Elizabeth and me some time to seek out this seer we were told about.

We eventually found him. He was a fairly old man, but he was far from what one would call a weakling. I’ve learned long ago that looks could be deceiving, especially when it came to persons wielding some form of magical ability. I could feel the magical power emanating from him like ripples in a pond. He didn’t seem surprised to see us and despite everything going on outside, he seemed calm. He gave us a fair smile and the only time a frown crossed his lips was when he had taken Elizabeth’s hand.

“The path you walk is a strange one and far from easy. What you seek, I cannot give you,” he told Elizabeth.

“It’s a bloody curse and from what I’ve been told you can easily undo it,” I interjected.

“It is not mine to undo. It is anchored into place and warded with strong magic—magic that I cannot undo.”

“What do you mean you cannot undo it? The one that led us to you wasn’t as powerful. I can tell. I can feel the difference in the magic you bear. You’re powerful.”

The old man smiled. “Skill is important in weaving magic but there are always ways around things. With the proper ingredients or perhaps … help from someone, anything is possible. I cannot undo what has been done. And even if I could, it is not my place to do so.”

“Bloody hell! But why not?!” I was pacing now. I was pacing and Elizabeth was calm, just sitting there. Why wasn’t she angry? Why was I the one complaining about this? Shouldn’t she be fuming?

“Things have happened for a reason.”

“A reason? What soddin’ reason is there? She was bloody cursed. Tell me what fucking reason can there be to curse her so. Someone intentionally did this and you’re not willing to help.”

“What has happened here was not my will and it is not my place to interfere.”

“Then whose will is this then old man? Tell me who the bloody hell thought that it was a great cosmic idea to curse her with a soul?”

“It is the will of those beyond you or me. It is the will of those that have existed long before you were a thought. They have watched over this land for eons and they have the power to do whatever it is they wish. This is her fate. This is their desire.” The seer focused his attention on my mate, ignoring me as I sputtered and mumbled under my breath. “Child, things have happened for a reason. But life is not completely devoid of choices.”

“What the hell is that suppose to mean? You’re talkin’ in riddles old man.”

“You will understand in time.”

“No, I want to understand now. We want answers now!” But before I could even think of curling my hands into fists and aim them at the old man I found myself being flung against a wall. My features shifted in anger but I was held firm as if someone’s hand kept me pinned. I looked at the seer and the same calm expression was still on his face. I didn’t even see him move a finger or flick a wrist.

Elizabeth stood up and bowed politely to the seer, and then she made her way towards me. “It’s late Spike. It’s time to go.”

“But …”

She didn’t say another word. She just walked passed me and headed for the door.

I felt the hold on me loosen and I let out a low growl at the old man. It didn’t seem to bother him one bit.

“It’s all about choices. She is strong. How strong are you, demon?”

“I love her.”

“How much?”

How dare he ask me that question? I was here wasn’t I? I had searched high and low for answers, put my neck on the line to get us here, would have been willing to endure a beating for her and have done so in the past. But the truth was, his words made me think. What was pushing me forward to find a way to alleviate her pain? Wasn’t it because helping her would return my angel to me? If she were to lose her soul, I would be with Sera again. And now? Now that a powerful seer and warlock said that her soul was anchored in place, what was I going to do? How do I feel about her now?

I didn’t want to doubt my feelings so I just shook my head in frustration and rushed outside after Elizabeth. But she was long gone. There was no trace of her except for her lingering scent. “Bollocks! Damn it Elizabeth!”

**

I focused all my senses on finding her. She rushed out so quickly that I didn’t have time to figure out how she felt with the knowledge that her soul was going nowhere. Instead, I was busy being selfish about my own feelings on the situation. Streets, buildings and people were all a blur as I rushed down streets and small alleyways to look for her. Fear, anger, death and blood were around me and my demon wanted to partake in it. It should be feasting, but at the moment Elizabeth was my first priority.

As I ran down another crowded street I picked up another scent that seemed to be intertwined with Elizabeth’s. Something didn’t feel right. With all the panic and chaos going on, there was no way a fleeing human could follow a straight path, not for long anyway. The human scent I picked up seemed to walk with purpose and I feared that whatever Elizabeth was following couldn’t be human.

Blue eyes burned golden as the demon inside felt utterly desperate to find her before any of the scenarios that had invaded my thoughts could become reality. The trail continued down a few more streets, turning and twisting till it pulled me into a temple. I paused by the entrance mesmerized by the scene before me. It had been months since Elizabeth had fought anyone or anything. I always thought she was more beautiful when she danced. She had delivered death and destruction with her skill but ever since she was burdened with a soul the fire inside her seemed to have been extinguished as well. But now she was fighting, pouring all her energy into this dance against this one girl—this Slayer. My demon knew and accepted the fact quietly before the full weight of the situation truly sunk in. Elizabeth was fighting a Slayer! Why now? Why had she allowed the Chosen One to follow her? Every single time we had come upon a Slayer, my mate always found a way to turn my attentions elsewhere. She would rather run away then have to face the killer of our kind. I knew she had the skill. She was good at blending in and disappearing into a crowd. But she was fighting the young girl in this abandoned temple which meant that she had let this happen. Why did it seem like she was welcoming this fight with open arms?

I dared not distract her with my thoughts through the claim but I felt around trying to find the reason why she was so willing to challenge this girl. Then I caught a look of desperation. It was the look of defeat and lack of any inkling of hope. It was the same look I had seen on past victims when they knew it was useless to struggle against me—against the demon that was taking their life away. But I never thought that I would see that look on her face. I would never accept that look from her.

The Slayer had her against the wall and I moved quickly, pulling the small girl away from my mate. The Chosen One gave me an annoyed look before moving forward to assault me with punches and kicks. She was strong as I always imagined a slayer to be. And so I took over the dance.

She was quick as well as strong. With a quick flick of her wrist she nicked the top of my eye with her sword. If I had not been quicker, she most probably would have been able to take out my eye. But I hardly felt the sting as blood poured from the wound. The demon inside was rejoicing. Finally I was facing an adversary worth playing with. And so the dance continued. Blow against blow, kick against kick. She knew how to dance too. She used the entire temple as our dance floor, pushing me against fallen columns hoping to trap me unawares. But I fought back with purpose. The chaos outside seemed to melt away till there was just this and every muscle in my body was tingling.

When I had knocked her sword away she quickly reached for her hidden stake. She lunged for my chest but I was able to avoid her attack. I defended myself and was able to knock the stake from her hand. Unarmed, she seemed to double her efforts to try and push me away from her to give her time to reclaim her precious weapon. She was leaning down to grab her stake when I caught hold of her arm and twisted it behind her back then pulled her body roughly against me as I lowered my fangs and embedded them into her flesh.

I wasn’t prepared for the taste of her blood, its richness almost made me moan as it coated my tongue. Her heart beat was still beating strongly but I knew that wasn’t going to last much longer as I drank deeply. When I pulled my fangs free she turned to me and gave me a look. She said something I didn’t understand but her words didn’t matter at the moment. It was that look she gave me … one of slight peace that her life was over but there was slight regret as well that she was defeated. I let her limp body fall to the ground and took a moment to relish in the kill.

I felt my mate move forward but she was furious as her hand flew to my cheek. “She was mine! How could you Spike?” She was now gently pounding her fists on my chest. “I needed her. Needed her to end this all.”

“Why? Have I failed you so miserably that you’d think this was the only way?” I said placing my blood soaked right hand against her cheek.

Her eyes closed at the intoxicating smell of Slayer blood. She made a move to pull away from me but I snaked my left arm around her and held her close.

“Don’t fight it, luv.”

“But ... she …”

“Shhh ... None of that. She was not a helpless human, luv.”

“She was still … “

I silenced her lips with a punishing kiss. Perhaps it was selfish of me but I wanted to feel her around me. Maybe it was the fight, or maybe Slayer blood, or maybe just the need to know that my mate still wanted me, all of me. Whatever it was, I wanted to take her and be one with her right then and there.

I turned us around and pushed her against a wall as I ground my desire into her. “Want you. Always want you.” I said tilting my head to nuzzle the claim mark. Her body was tense against me, her palms pressed against my chest as if trying to tell me she didn’t want me so close. But I persisted, kissing and teasing the claim mark until she moaned and surrendered her body to my touch.

Her hands pushed suspenders and trousers down, freeing my desire in one swift move. I lifted her skirts up and pulled her left leg to wrap around my hip as I slid into her. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me to her lips. Her tongue sought entrance and as she lavished her affections on me I realized that her tongue was seeking something. Slayer blood . The words were sent through the claim. I pulled away from her lips and brought my blood stained hand to her mouth. She lapped at it quickly, mewing in delight at the richness and power that Slayer blood contained. Her eyes burned golden and I could smell that the blood had intensified her need to be with me. She pushed us down, straddling me on either side.

I could feel her desire through the claim and for once was overjoyed that she wanted to be so fully intimate with me. How long had it been? Months? This was the first time she had agreed to join with me. I could feel that she actually wanted me, desired me. I knew that even though my need was great, I would have stopped myself if she didn’t want it. I would not add to her worries and guilt by forcing myself on her. I had done it often enough the past few months, just holding her or bringing her pleasure without partaking in the act myself. But now she was telling me she wanted to feel me and hear me proclaim my love for her with words and actions.

She moved with and against me. Her moans and sighs were music to my ears and the demon inside me rejoiced that it was joined with its mate once again. She rocked her hips slowly, enjoying the feel of my shaft buried deep inside her. She closed her eyes and placed one hand against my chest to steady herself as she moved on top of me, her body knowing exactly what to do to heighten the pleasure that was building inside of us both, till neither of us could stand it anymore and it spilled forth like a huge tidal wave hitting against a cliff. Despite the explosions and cries of terror that I could hear from the outside, the only sound that truly registered in my brain was the sound of her heavenly voice screaming out my name.

I waited for her to recover before I rolled us over and looked down at her with hungry eyes. I needed more and I was planning on taking her as many times as possible.

Fumbling with fastenings, I pulled more clothing away from her body, exposing much desired flesh. I found my way towards the curve of her bosom and planted kisses along the line of her cleavage while I cupped one breast with my hand, letting my thumb tease an already hardened nipple. She whimpered out of need, buckling her hips forward since I hadn’t moved inside her. I flashed her a devilish grin before pulling myself away from her. She gave me a questioning look as her hands gripped my hips urging me to thrust down. I raised an eyebrow and lowered myself, teasing the length of her slit with what she wanted inside her.

“Spike?”

“Yes, kitten?”

“Please … “ She moved her head up and crushed her lips against mine, slipping her tongue inside my mouth obviously wanting me to reciprocate the same action but with her aching need. “Spike? … Stop that. ”

“Stop what, luv?”

She gripped my hips again and urged me down as her hips bucked up against me. But I pulled slightly away from her wanting to see that look of need on her face so different from that look of desperation that painted it earlier tonight. I slowly leaned down to lick her lips then moved to trail kisses along her jaw line before I found my claim mark on her neck, teasing it with blunt teeth, lips and tongue. As she moaned her desire, I buried myself deep into her in one swift move making a surprised gasp escape her lips. It had been so long since I felt her uninhibited around me so I was being selfish. I was taking my time and enjoying every single moment we were joined. It had been too long and I was dead set on hearing her sing my name as many times as possible.
20 - A Good Night, But For How Long by Thianna

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


**

A/N: Thanks to McChick and 2zen2 for betaing this chapter. I really appreciate your opinions and suggestions.

I also made a new banner for this fic. It will be unveiled with the next update.



CHAPTER 20 - A Good Night, But For How Long

… China 1900 during the Boxer Rebellion ...

I couldn’t stop myself from grinning. Tonight was a good night. There was fighting and not just a regular brawl in a bar. It was more than just a good spot of violence because it was with the Slayer no less. My first bout with a Slayer and I won. There was something about that fight that seemed more satisfying than any I had experienced before. Then there was blood and not just ordinary human blood. I took my prize from the young bird and tasted Slayer blood for the first time. It was intoxicating, alluring and powerful. And then, most importantly, there was flesh -- flesh that I had touched but not tasted in months, flesh that had been barred from me because of a curse. She was mine once more. I could truly call her mate once again since she had allowed me to love and worship her body as well as claim that part of her that had initially feared me.

The claim was reaffirmed in this temple and we both wore fresh bite marks to prove it. It had been months since we had been so intimate and part of me was starting to feel a little restless because of the lack of contact. Well lack of contact wasn’t entirely true. She would at least sleep beside me and she did allow me to pleasure her but it was all one sided. It was all meant for her and for many nights during the past couple of months I had to find my release elsewhere … alone.

I would watch her as I imagined that the hand wrapped around my hardened flesh was hers and not my own. Her form would be pressed and molded against me and not lying still on the bed. The subtle moans that escaped her lips as she slept were not because of dreams but because she was lavishing her affections on me, her fingers dancing lightly on my inner thigh as her other hand stroked me faster. Then she’d press kisses on my skin, purposely letting out a faint breath to both tickle me and send shivers down my spine. She’d grasp me tighter, bringing me to completion. Her name would echo in my thoughts as I bit down on my lower lip desperately preventing myself from proclaiming my love for her out loud. But that was in the past. Now I, as her mate, was where I was suppose to be; inside her, buried in her core and basking in her nearness. Can you really blame me for being ecstatic and maybe a little cocky?

She moved in my arms and an exhausted moan escaped her lips as she finally released her hold on me. I wanted to stay in this moment, to soak in the feeling of absolute satisfaction, but it wasn’t meant to be as the sounds of gun fire and screams slowly bled into the temple. She let out a small sigh.

“We have to go,” she said somewhat sadly.

I nodded and slowly released my hold on her. I watched as she put herself back in order, smoothing down skirts and buttoning up her blouse. I stood, gathering my trousers to dress as well. She was silent as she started fixing her hair, putting it up and away from her face with such skill and familiarity. She took my arm when she was ready to leave and we finally stepped out of the temple.

We walked out in the street slowly, arm in arm and for once it seemed like everything was right with the world. But I was foolish to have momentarily forgotten the reason why we came here. I caught the slight guilt that flitted in her eyes and then it all crashed back into reality.

“Don’t think that, luv. She’s a killer in her own right.” I said voicing my opinion before she could verbally berate herself with guilt.

“But if I hadn’t sought her out, she …”

I snaked an arm around her waist and pulled her in. “I love you,” I whispered into her ear as we walked down the street ignoring the chaos around us.

She leaned closer but didn’t reply.

It was enough for now and the fact that she didn’t stop me earlier meant that deep down she still had feelings for me. Somehow, she still felt for me.

Then another pull invaded my mind. Drusilla was calling. Elizabeth immediately stopped walking, pulling away from my arm. I cocked my head to the right and saw her start biting her lower lip nervously. “She’s looking for us.” She said matter-a-factly.

“I know luv. You know we have to go. Dru will only make it worse if we don’t go to her now.”

She lowered her eyes and sighed. “Just a little longer,” she said weakly. “Can’t we take our time? Let me be me for just a little longer.”

Let her be her. I wanted to protest. I wanted to ask her what that meant. I called her Elizabeth but that was her human name and she was no longer human. I had named her Sera but to call her that would bring about too much pain. She was trying to deal with her guilt and there were days she would lose and fall into that precarious pit between insanity and despair. I did my best to comfort and support her.

In the eyes of the family there was nothing different. She was still Sera. But having to pretend she was something that she was having difficulty coming to terms with was not easy. Just like when she was first turned, she would have to find her place in the world again. If she didn’t then I dared not think what she would do. I actually had an inkling of what it would be. She almost did it tonight if I hadn’t stepped in.

She must have sensed my worry because she looked up and brushed her lips gently against mine. “Just for a little bit, Spike.”

I looked at her tenderly and wrapped my arms around her. “Guess it wouldn’t hurt.”

She had to pretend that she was still a killer. She had to pretend that she was still an agent of death. That was what the family expected of her and she hated the charade since it just reminded her of her guilt. I planted a kiss on the top of her head to comfort her and patiently waited for her to be ready. She shifted ever so slightly, burying her face into my chest and I held on to her, hoping that I was enough to soothe the turmoil inside her.

A few minutes later, Drusilla was calling again. It was urgent and quite impatient, typical of my dark princess. I felt Elizabeth burrow closer as Dru’s insistent call invaded our minds. I looked down and planted another kiss on her head. We had to go and seek out our sire but I could tell Elizabeth needed a few more minutes.

**

When we arrived, Dru seemed excited about something but Darla had her arms crossed and a stern look on her face.

“There are my babies. Come here my precious little ones.” She pulled me from Elizabeth and planted a kiss on my cheek. “My Spike had him a Slayer. A little pixie told me so and I can smell her on you my precious knight.” Then she released me and pulled Elizabeth into her arms. “You saw it didn’t you … saw our Dark Knight fight off the little girl. Did she taste sweet on your lips? Did she … My princess is glowing. Glowing… Glowing ... Burning …” Then her eyes narrowed. She placed her hands on Elizabeth’s cheeks and looked into her eyes.

I saw my mate cringe as she tried to put up a brave front, but Dru was holding her tightly and looking as if she was penetrating into her being. I placed a hand on top of my Sire’s and gave her a menacing look for a second. “Luv, can’t you smell it? Sera fought the Slayer as well and you know what seeing her fight does to me.” I said as I pulled my mate into my arms, holding her protectively. I lowered my head and nuzzled the claim mark to reassure her that I would keep her safe.

“NO! … NO! ...” Dru cried out. “She’s glowing ... burning … a spark. She will burn you. She will burn my precious baby. I won’t let her! … “Our Sire’s features changed and she launched herself at us. I quickly released Elizabeth and pushed her roughly behind me as Dru’s claws struck my cheek, my blood and skin now under her fingernails. She took a side step and moved forward trying to get at Elizabeth. I twisted my body and caught her wrists. “Dru, stop this. She’s done nothin’ wrong.”

“Her spark … her spark is blinding.”

Angelus just stood there chuckling to himself at the scene and it didn’t look like he was going to make any attempt to stop his childe.

It was Darla that stepped forward and put a firm hand on Dru’s shoulder. “How long were you planning on keeping this from us Spike?”

“Wot are you soddin’ talkin’ about? I thought you’d be happy that Sera and I took down a Slayer.”

“That is not what I’m alluding to. I’m not blind Spike. The luster in her eyes for the kill has dulled and don’t you think I can tell that your preferred prey has changed? I no longer smell sweet, young flesh on your bodies but drunkards and filth.” Darla said sternly.

“Are you daft? Nothin’s wrong, pet.” I said tracing a finger on the claw marks on my cheek.

“Don’t lie to me Spike.”

I raised an eyebrow and looked her straight in the eye.

“I had thought that perhaps both of you had just grown bored with your usual prey. But this is much worse and it explains things. She has a soul Spike. How can you stand being mated to her?”

I gave her an icy glare. “How can you stand takin’ the poofter to bed?”

“We should just cut the soul out of her.” Angelus suggested coolly. “Perhaps toy with her for a bit while we’re at it.”

Instinctively, my eyes blazed golden and I snarled at Angelus. “NO one will be touchin’ her.”

“You’re going to protect that whore?”

“I warned you once not to call her that.” Roaring with anger, I rushed Angelus and slammed against him, pinning his body to the ground as I pummeled him with my fists. He clamped down on my arms and threw me over him. I picked myself up quickly and aimed a kick at his chest. He staggered back a few steps before launching himself at me. We traded blows and kicks, not caring who or what around us was getting destroyed in the process. I doubt anyone would have cared at the moment anyway. The whole city was flung into chaos and people were running for their lives. They wouldn’t stop to watch, much less complain, about two men fighting and destroying anything and everything in the street.


“STOP IT! Just stop it.” Elizabeth said, the tears streaming down her face.

There was sadness in her eyes as I felt through the claim what she intended to do. Before I could protest, she turned around and ran. I turned my back to Angelus and moved to go after her but Darla caught my arm. “Let her go Spike. She’s not worthy to be with us anymore.”

“She didn’t ask for this. She was cursed with that damn thing.”

“But you weren’t. She isn’t like us anymore. She’s like a wounded animal.”

“We should just stake her. ” Angelus said casually.

I let out a menacing growl at my grandsire’s suggestion. “She’s my mate.”

“Break it Spike. Break the claim before she taints you any further.” Darla commanded.

I shrugged free from her grasp and took a step forward.

Dru approached and wrapped her arms around me, leaning her head against my chest. “My precious Spike, remember who you are. My sweet boy shouldn’t be playing in sunlight. Let her go and come back to me.” She said brushing her lips against mine as her hand caressed my neck lovingly. “Remember when I first held you. Remember when I saw your glory. She holds you back from everything you can become.”

I leaned my head against hers, taking the scent and feel of my sire around me. Though the sire/childe bond with her has grown weaker because I had claimed Elizabeth, it was still there and always gave me a sense of comfort. She cupped my cheek tenderly and cooed me into a loving embrace. Drusilla, my Dark Princess. Would it be different this time around? Would she be mine now? I slowly pulled away and took her hands in mine, bending down to kiss each one softly.

“Break the claim Spike. Break the claim now before it’s too late. Do it for your own sake.” Darla said once more.

I gave her a slight nod then stole into the night after Elizabeth to do what I knew I had to do.
21 - Had to Do by Thianna

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


**

A/N: Thanks to McChick and 2zen2 for betaing this chapter. I really appreciate your opinions and suggestions.


CHAPTER 21 – Had to Do

… China 1900 during the Boxer Rebellion

The city was far behind me and there was nothing ahead but wilderness. It had been three nights now since I left the city in search of my tainted mate. It had been three nights since the family discovered the secret we had been keeping for months. But the secret came to light through no fault of our own. Drusilla’s little pixies and fairies whispered in her ear about my beloved Sera’s glowing soul. In that moment, nearly two decades of loyalty and obedience to the family meant nothing. Sera was tainted and thus cast out. She smelled too human for our Sires and here I was, stuck in the middle of all of this, torn between the love for my mate and devotion to my family.

My back ached from sleeping on cold hard stone for the past three days. Where had she gone? Her scent told me she was close, but still it felt like I was running around in circles in the unfamiliar Chinese countryside. I searched for her each night and only gave up when the sun threatened the world with daylight.

Tired and worried I would find shelter from the light as night turned to day. As I lie there on the floor of my small refuge, I would reach out through the claim, hoping to find her, but I felt nothing. She had shut me out again and I felt cold and alone. It was like I was banging against a thick steel door screaming on the top of my lungs for her to let me in. But there was nothing but silence.

I hated this. I should be celebrating. I had done what most vampires only dreamt of doing. I had fought and killed a Slayer. The Chosen One’s blood was sweet, powerful and intoxicating. It was nothing like I had ever tasted before. But even the memory of it -- the memory of the kill seemed meaningless now. It gave me no joy nor any sense of pride since the one thing in this unlife that held any real significance had pushed me away. I swore that tonight I would find her.

It was still hours before sunset but I couldn’t sleep. As I stared out onto the horizon from the safety of the small cave that had served as my shelter, my thoughts were filled with her and the words that my family had given me today. The family saw her as tainted, unworthy and beneath them. I needed to talk to her. I needed to say the words that would hopefully explain what was going to happen between us. At the very least, I needed to see her one more time.


**

Death felt close as I neared another small cave. I had been wandering around through shrubbery and forests, tracking her. The smell of rotting flesh permeated the air and though it assaulted my senses, I could still sense the faint but lingering perfume of her skin underneath the stench. I took a step inside but wasn’t prepared for the sight before me. Animal carcasses were thrown haphazardly around while a disheveled and panic stricken Elizabeth was rocking herself silently in a corner. Her dress was in ruins. Her hands were smeared with blood and her fingernails were dirty with soil and fur. Her hair had long since broken free from the pins that kept them in place. I slowly moved towards her but she didn’t seem to notice. It was only when I knelt before her and took her hands into mine that she snapped back into my reality.

“Elizabeth?” I asked. She turned her head to look at me but she didn’t utter a single word. Realization soon set in and when she finally recognized who it was that held her hands, she tried to pull away.

“Shouldn’t be here. Mustn’t be here. Different, unworthy… tainted” she said shaking her head. “Tried to be good … Tried to be quiet… Sshhh … have to hide… have to flee.”

I placed a hand to caress her cheek but she still shied away from my touch. With a sigh, I forced her to look at my face and I concentrated on my claim. Asking, begging that she let me in again. “Please luv. Please! Look at me. See me. Let me in!”

She stared back at me with haunted eyes.

“You’re here to say goodbye. … You’re here to say goodbye to me, aren’t you? Made it easier for you. Making it so that goodbye won’t hurt so much. … Don’t come in. Please don’t come in. Don’t make me feel. … Don’t make it alright anymore because it won’t ever be,” she said as her tears started to flow.

…“Break the claim, Spike. Do it before she destroys who you are. Do it before it’s too late. …

Darla said being with her would destroy me. She reasoned that being with her was wrong. If it was wrong, then why was I here? Why did I go after her? Was it to say goodbye? Was it to look at her one last time and wish for some miracle that my Sera would return?

I pressed a desperate kiss on her lips, wanting to feel something that would help me decide. I could taste dried animal blood, fur and soil but I didn’t care. Her lips moved tentatively against mine and a soft whimper escaped her throat. She looked like nothing more than a shell of the glory she once was.

“Tell me, pet. You know what they want me to do. I can feel Dru. I’m sure you can feel her too, luv. She’s there, giving us faint thoughts of anger. Tell me Elizabeth. … Tell me what you want.”

She placed her hands on top of mine which rested on her face. She pulled them away from her cheeks before she held on to my left hand firmly as she leaned over, fumbling for something on the ground. Cold smooth bamboo was dropped onto my waiting hand. It was the Chinese Slayer’s stake. How did she get a hold of this? Had she returned to the temple? That was the only explanation. What would I have done if she had ended it then? I didn’t want to imagine a world where she didn’t exist.

Then she closed my palm around it tightly and made a stabbing gesture towards her chest. I wretched my hand away from her grasp. “NO! I won’t do it.” But yet, I still held onto the stake.

“Aren’t you here to say goodbye? Aren’t you here to make it all quiet again?”

That was what our Sires wanted. That was what they had ordered me to do. But I knew deep down it wasn’t what I wanted. Even the promise of being with Drusilla was not enough of a temptation. Elizabeth was cursed and despite all my best efforts, it seemed like it cannot be undone. Would it be kinder to reject her and stake her like she asked? That notion made me sick to my stomach. The demon inside me still screamed that she was my mate despite her curse.

I placed the stake on the ground then pulled her towards me. My lips sought for my mark on her, trying to show through my actions what she refused to believe through our link. Despite the smell of rotting flesh, I filled my senses of her. My fangs descended and I bit her soft flesh. Her blood spilled into my mouth and I drunk hungrily, wanting to show her that despite everything I wanted her still. “Mine,“ I said it more like stating a fact than a show of possessiveness. Her tears started flowing uncontrollably now as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

“Why Spike? Why would you want to share this curse?”

“Mine,” I said in reply.

“Why bare this with me?”

“Mine,” I said more insistent now.

She hesitated for a moment. “Yours,” she said weakly as her fangs descended and pierced through the scars on my neck. She smiled slightly as the urgency and anger that Drusilla was sending us began to feel more like a muffled noise in the background. “Mine.”

“Yours,” I said as I held her close and felt the claim link open.

She pulled her fangs and licked the wound close. “Why?”

“Because you have my heart and I would sooner dust than part with you.”

“They are angry. Our family is angry. You won’t be able to go back.”

“It doesn’t matter, luv. I have all that I need right here with me.”

She looked down and felt slightly ashamed for some reason. She looked at her fingernails seemingly studying each bloodstained finger. I shook my head and moved to pull her into an embrace. She hesitated.

“No Spike. I’m filthy.”

“So?”

“You’ve done enough, looking for me, accepting me. I wouldn’t subject you to being beside me with how I must look at the moment.”

“Do you really think I care about that?”

“Well… umm…”

“Please Elizabeth. Just let me hold you. I’ve been without you for three days.”

She averted her eyes back down on the ground. I wrapped my arms around her and let her head lean against my chest.


**

… the next night …

I shifted sore muscles hoping Elizabeth wouldn’t wake. The sun was just starting to set and today she promised me, at the very least, we could find somewhere else to stay. She still didn’t want to leave the Chinese countryside but at least I was able to convince her to move locations. The stench of rotting animal flesh was overpowering.

I looked down at her sleeping form and sighed in relief at seeing that there seemed to be some semblance of peace on her face. Life was going to be different now. There was no going back to the family now nor could we go to the clan for any help. The Master abhorred anything human and the mere fact that I chose to stay with Elizabeth and renew the claim was surely grounds to dust me if not torture me on sight. But it didn’t matter. All that mattered was what was in my arms.

I felt her shift slightly and her hand unconsciously moved and rested on my crouch. Either my little minx was awake and was goading me on or she was truly asleep and didn’t know what she was doing. I pressed a kiss on the top of her head. “I love you,” I whispered into her hair as I pulled her hand away knowing that there were more pressing things to worry about at the moment.

**
… a few more nights later …

“Are you sure you want to stay here for a bit longer luv?” I said looking at our new haven. We had been staying in this area for two weeks now. I had to make do with animal blood, sometimes from the forests, sometimes from the small village about an hour away from where we were. I really didn’t want to stay longer than we had to. My body was complaining. It didn’t like being fed animal when human was just as easy to get. But Elizabeth still wasn’t in the best frame of mind and needed time to deal with everything.

I knew I told her not too long ago that I would feed on the not so innocent, but being in the wilderness, it was a rarity to find anyone that would meet the criteria. The humans that lived in the village near us were all farmers and hunters. They worked hard for their existence and respected the land as well as each other.

“Please Spike? Besides wouldn’t it be better if we waited and made sure the others have left?”

“I guess, luv. Like you I wouldn’t want to accidentally meet any of them.”

“Thank you,” she said giving me a small hug.
22 - Sunnydale by Thianna

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


**

A/N: Thanks to my wonderful betas 2zen2 and McChick


CHAPTER 22 - Sunnydale

… Sunnydale, California 1936 …


I don’t know the reason why but both Elizabeth and I were drawn to Sunnydale, California. We had been living in Los Angeles for over five years, quietly hiding in the shadows. Unlife had definitely changed for both of us. The nights of chaos and mayhem were gone and human blood was more like a delicacy, especially to Elizabeth. She refused to kill anyone innocent and it was only the blood of killers and criminals that passed through her lips. The sting of those deaths would still worry her but in the end I knew she consoled herself with the fact that she had done it to help someone else.

I didn’t really feel obligated to follow her feeding habits since I was not burdened with a soul. However, out of concern for her, I opted to change. I had learned to take from humans without killing them. It was not easy at first. Pushing the demon down when it craved human blood took a few years of practice. Of course, due to the lack of any satisfying prey, the demon sought elsewhere to vent. So there were fights, brawls, anything I could get to fill the nights with something other than feeding. Elizabeth disapproved at first but she knew better than to complain. She would push forth a feeling of concern and I could tell she didn’t like seeing me with cuts and bruises. She knew I needed this though. She knew I needed something else to amuse me.

We kept to ourselves, sometimes living in abandoned buildings or empty crypts. Our existence was a far cry from what we knew in our younger years. Angelus surrounded himself with human luxuries and being part of the family we were privy to them as well. I was sure that the Poofter was still living it up wherever he was.

All we had was each other now and we avoided any vampires related to the clan like the plague unless we knew for sure that dusting a minion or fledgling wouldn’t have any dire consequences.


**

“Does she know where you are? Does she know what you do?” I heard from behind me as my victim fell to the ground by my feet.

A dark cloaked figure moved closer and there was something about this that brought my senses on full alert. I backed up cautiously.

“You are incomplete. You’re fate has been changed. This is a mask.”

“Mask? Fate? Look mate, I don’t know what in bloody hell you’re talking about but I think you’ve got the wrong bloke.” I hurriedly made my way out of the alley, but as I neared the street I felt something preventing my legs from moving.

“We have much to talk about, you and I. There is much you need to see and understand.” The cloaked figure materialized before me.

The demon inside raged at the idea that it was being kept imprisoned. I lunged for the figure with fangs bared but he merely stepped back and with a flick of his wrist flung me against the alley wall. I tried to push myself away from the wall once I felt that my legs were mobile again. I took two steps forward and then steel chains seemed to grow out of the wall and wrap themselves around my waist, wrists and ankles. I was thrown back against wall and struggling was useless.

“We have not finished our talk, vampire.”

My eyes continued to burn a fierce yellow. “So start talkin’ so I can fuckin’ leave.”

“You are the key.” The figure spoke.

“The key?” I said with one brow raised in question.

“You are the key to everything … to life … to death … to what the world will be. You are the key that can change the destiny of existence.”

I just gave him a puzzled look. “You obviously are either off your rocker or just want to get your jollies by confusin’ a poor bloke. Now let me out of here.”

“But you’re not ready yet. You have not finished being forged and neither is the lock. Irony of ironies. You will wield great power. You will wield the power to remake … power to change … power to unleash. The world will be spared for now but in the end you are the key and you will have to make your choice.”

What he said obviously disturbed me but as I looked up to try and ask a question I found that I was alone, free and back in the dark alleyway.

“Spike?!” Elizabeth cried out in relief. She rushed over to where I was, burying her face against my chest. “I couldn’t feel you. You disappeared. I thought something bad happened to you. Don’t do that again! Don’t you ever do that again!”

“Do wot kitten? I’ve only been gone for an hour. I’ve barely started my prowl.”

She looked up at me with concern. “Spike, it’s just a couple of hours till dawn. You’ve been gone for over six hours.”

“You have got to be … “ I looked up at the night sky and my senses told me she was telling the truth. What in the world happened? How did I just lose six hours of my existence? What did that stranger want?

“Let’s go home, Spike. There’s something in the air here that I don’t like.”

I didn’t protest and let her lead me home.


**

The crypt we called home was located in the oldest part of the cemetery. Visitors rarely came to this area anymore so we were relatively safe. As we settled into a comforting embrace on top of a marble sarcophagus which served as our bed, I proceeded to tell Elizabeth of my lost time.

She listened intently though she was just as puzzled as I was when I finished. Her lips jutted out into that adorable pout as she pondered on all the facts inside her head. I couldn’t help myself as I leaned over and started nuzzling her neck.

“Spike, this is serious.”

“I know so am I, luv. I just lost six hours. That’s six hours that I could have spent with you.”

“Oh, I’m surprised you still want that constantly. We’ve been mated for over forty years. One would think you’d be bored with me by now.”

“Never, luv. I could never tire of you. I could never have enough.”

“Don’t lie. I know you’re not happy – not truly anyway.”

I pulled away to face her, giving her my disapproving frown. “How can you say that, pet?”

“Because it’s the truth. I’m just a burden on you Spike. You’ve had to give up so much and … and … “

I placed one finger on her lips to stop her from talking. “Stop that. You know how I feel about you. I love you Elizabeth. That will never change.”

“But if you could get Sera back, would you? You’d be happier if I was her again.”

I let out a small sigh. Damn women and their insecurities. But she posed a good question. I had accepted a long time ago that the soul was going nowhere and that I would stand by her side even with it in place. I had turned my back on my family and chose to be mated to what was an abomination in their eyes. I didn’t care. I loved her truly and would follow her to the ends of the earth. However, something about the mysterious events of tonight made me question my staunch devotion.

"Power to remake … power to change … power to unleash..."

The demon inside me clasped onto the idea that perhaps its unbridled mate had the possibility of returning. It loved Elizabeth, was satisfied with her wanton affection that I was grateful she was still showering on me whenever I wanted, but the soul was stifling me. Perhaps my demon felt that her soul was imprisoning it. If there was a chance to remove that soul, would I take it?

“Honestly luv, I don’t know. I know better than to hide between pretty words. You know me so well I wouldn’t have been able to hide it from you anyway. I want you Elizabeth, plain and simple. I crave you. I may have claimed you first but you know the power you have over me, luv. “

“So your answer is you don’t have one?”

“My answer is whatever would make you the happiest.” I said before I went back to nuzzling her neck, hoping that would be enough. She wanted to ask some more so I pushed her against the bed and worked on my claim mark with tongue and lips. I worked the mark with licks and gentle kisses until I could tell that the question that was forming on her lips was overwritten with her mewing.


I let my hand move down, cupping then squeezing her breast softly. My thumb moved in small circles teasing the nipple beneath through the fabric of her dress.

“You know how much I want you.”

“Mmmm … Spike, you’re … just … mmm … trying to … change the topic.”

I pulled away from her enough to see that her eyes were closed and her lips were parted in anticipation. My lips sought the now hardened nipple and I clamped down on her breast not caring if my tongue tasted cotton. I lavished affection on her bosom while I pulled her long skirt up, letting my fingers trace the soft smooth skin of her inner thigh. My hips pushed down on her, letting her feel my need for her.

A moan escape her lips and with a grin I moved down to her nether slit, mimicking the same lip and tongue movement I had just lavished on her breast. I felt her undergarment dampen both from her arousal and my tongue’s ministrations. Fingers tugged the now wet garment down, moving to lay her lower half bare. I hooked both arms around her thighs and let my tongue taste the length of her slit. Licking slowly, I purposely avoided the bundle of nerves that I knew she wanted me to kiss. Instead, my tongue lavished attention on the folds of her sex, licking her in long slow strokes and on occasion, darting my tongue inside her. Her hands moved towards my head and she let her fingers tangle within the curls of my hair as she tried to guide me towards what she wanted me to taste next. But I felt like teasing her for a while longer, as I planted a very quick kiss on her clit but nothing else.

“Spike … “

I pursed my lips against her slit then let out a soft growl as my response. She felt the subtle vibration from the growl course through her and her muscles tensed at the sudden sensation. Another growl rumbled from my throat to my lips and this time her tense muscles were accompanied by an insistent moan. She writhe beneath me and moved her body a bit lower, wanting to move her clit closer to my lips.

I teased her until I heard her whimper her complaint. Then with a devilish grin I opted to give her what she wanted. Imprisoning her clit with my lips, I sucked on the bundle of nerves gently. Her hand tightened its hold on my hair as I interchanged between kissing her passionately and bathing her with my tongue until her thighs quivered uncontrollably and wave upon wave of pleasure rolled through her.

As she lay there taking in deep breaths, I quickly shed off my trousers. I climbed back on the bed and took in the sight of her still heaving breasts. Her eyes were still closed and her lower lip was caught between her teeth. She was a vision. When she eventually opened her eyes to look up at me, I knew I needed to feel more of her. She parted her legs without my prompting and gave me a knowing smile. I lowered my head to nuzzle her neck as I slid inside her. She met my thrusts with her own letting me sink deeper into her core. We found that usual rhythm and I twisted my hips once in a while to hit that special spot that made her moan either an octave higher or a tinge louder. The pressure was building inside me but I was trying to occupy my thoughts with other things to keep this up a bit longer.

She looked up at me with lust in her eyes, sensing both through the claim and knowledge of how my body worked that I was close but resisting it because I wanted her to join me. I caught her flashing me an evil grin as she projected an image of her rubbing against me. Then she did a number on me by bucking her hips upward and burying me deep inside her. She squeezed her muscles around me as she projected an image of her carressing me with her tongue with long languorous strokes. I was undone and screamed out her name. She had a look of triumph which somehow didn’t seem right so I let a hand slide in between us. My fingers found my prize and I teased her precious button with my thumb and forefinger until she lost herself in ecstasy as well.

**
The sun was still a few hours from setting but both Elizabeth and I were fully awake. Something was in the air and though we didn’t have to voice it to each other, we understood it was there. It was something old, familial and pulled to both of us. She shifted in my arms as if trying to hide from something.

“Kitten?”

I felt her sigh against my bare chest. “We have to be careful. I have this dreadful feeling that they will call for you.”

“Nonsense, luv. They don’t know we’re here.”

“But your mystery man found you yesterday. What if he knows of the clan? Or worse, came from the clan.”

“He didn’t smell like an Aurelian. You’re just worrying again, pet. We’ve been able to live far from the clan for over three decades now.”

“But this is the Hellmouth.”

“This is a Hellmouth. There are others around the world. The Aurelians won’t want to come here.”

“But it called us Spike. This place calls to me.”

I let out a small sigh. “We’ll be fine luv. You know that.”

“Perhaps you’re right. I’m just afraid that if they find us, they will torture you on sight for protecting me.”

I planted a kiss on her forehead. “Let’s take a look around tonight and if somethin’ doesn’t feel or smell right we’ll leave. “

She smiled and planted a kiss near her claim mark in appreciation.

**

Elizabeth’s fears and concerns were unfortunately correct and it was actually much worse than what we had thought. The Aurelian clan was in Sunnydale. The smell was unmistakable and it didn’t help that I picked up Darla’s scent muddled together with the others.

“At least Angelus isn’t here.” Elizabeth said with a relieved tone in her voice. Ever since Angelus tried to challenge the claim, Elizabeth was always wary that our grandsire would come after us, especially since I turned my back on family. I have all but renounced the clan by staying bonded to her and therefore could not seek refuge with any Aurelian. So if Angelus saw fit to stake me and have his way with Elizabeth, no one would object.

“Wait. If Angelus isn’t here, then that means ... Bollocks! We better leave right away. Elizabeth, this isn’t just the soddin’ clan, luv. It’s the bloody Order. The Order is in town.”

She bit her lower lip nervously and understood what that meant. We hurried back to the crypt and packed up the few belongings we knew we couldn’t part with. It was a shame really. The crypt was luxurious enough for our needs and the town being the Hellmouth attracted enough shifty humans that could satisfy my hunger.

We made our way to the train station, hoping that there would be a train leaving that very night we could stow away in. It should have been an easy enough escape from this place and the Order, but fate didn’t seem to be on our side that night. As we were checking the train schedules, I felt the familiar tingle of sire prickle the hairs at the back of my neck. Elizabeth noticed it to as she squeezed my hand in concern.

“It has been ages William. I would have thought you would have dusted looking out for your crippled mate.”

I turned around to meet Darla with burning yellow eyes to show my distaste for her words. She was with four other Aurelians, all master vampires in their own right. If I fought her now, I would definitely lose given that they were all older than me by at least thirty years.

“So either Peaches finally got tired of you or you actually traded him for these oafs.”

“Come now William. Is that anyway to treat your sire?”

“This is William the Bloody? This puny creature has bested a Slayer?” one of the master vampires spoke up.

“Yeah, bested a Slayer but is mated to a vampire with a soul. She smells so human it’s disgusting.”

“We don’t need to worry about that much longer. The Master will ascend and rule the Hellmouth and this place will be a haven for our kind just as it was prophesized.” Darla said confidently

“She is a pretty little thing isn’t she?” One of the vampires said, approaching Elizabeth, reaching a hand out to touch her hair. Before I could even growl out my protest, she was already in game face and hissing at him.

We both took a step back, hoping to avoid any sort of confrontation, but it was obvious Darla was not going to let up. The next thing I knew, Elizabeth’s hand was lost to me as she was yanked away by two of the vampires. I answered back with a growl, attempting to make my way to her but Darla and the other two master vampires were blocking me from her.

Elizabeth fought them as best she could. I wanted to help her but I had problems of my own as I felt claws digging into my arm. I tried to shake myself loose but he held on tightly so I decided to push against him and rushed him into a wall. His grip loosened and I grabbed onto his arm and twisted my body throwing him a few feet away into a couple of benches. I soon found myself engaged with the other vampire, exchanging blows, not letting up and proving my worth as a Slayer killer. But then I heard Elizabeth scream and I felt a searing pain in my shoulder. Sure enough, her dress was ripped by her left shoulder and I caught the slight leer her attacker had in his eye at seeing her flesh. The slight curve of her left bosom was peaking through and the demon inside me grew angrier at the sight.

She growled back in rage as the other two stepped towards her. But as one of them tried to reach out and touch her shoulder a bright red light burst forth from her and threw both master vampires a few feet away.

One of them shook his head and picked himself up. “That light… She is marked. She must be the one!”

“That is impossible! She cannot be …” Darla cried out.

“She has to be the vessel. If the vessel has awakened then the other will awakened as well. … The one that has been prophesized shall come to us.”

Darla shook her head. “She cannot be the one. She is tainted, unworthy of our line, unworthy of the blood that flows in her veins.” She then turned on me, clamping her right hand on my right wrist.

I cursed myself for being so reckless as to let her in so close. I showed no fear when she tightened her grip and pulled me closer.

“What have you done, Spike? How can she be a vessel?”

“Now, why would I want to tell you that, my sweet Darla?” I said leaning closer with a smirk on my lips.

“Don’t play games with me?!”

“And why not? I remember you enjoyed it when I played with you, pet.” I said licking my lips and leaning in even closer as if to kiss her. In truth I had no desire to and the mere idea of it was somewhat revolting in itself but it was fun to see her unnerved.

Her hand flew against my cheek but I showed no anger. I looked at her with hooded eyes and a malicious grin. She clamped tighter around my wrist but instead of registering pain, it felt like it was burning bordering on the feeling of pins and needles. The feeling started to spread, moving from my wrist up my arm, through my shoulders and so on. Perhaps it was just adrenaline or anger, but somehow I felt stronger. My left hand gave her a back-handed blow, effectively releasing me, and knocking her to the floor. I launched myself at the master vampire behind me, grabbing him by the throat and throwing him against the one I threw into the benches a while ago. Then I rushed to Elizabeth’s side and traded a few blows with each of the master vampires that were keeping her occupied. Their movements seemed slow to me, but now was not the time to ponder why.

“You alright, luv?”

She nodded as she grabbed the bags we had dropped earlier and we ran towards the trains while we had a chance. Luckily, there was a train that was just leaving and we both slipped into the last car. I quickly shrugged my coat off and offered it to her. She smiled appreciatively as she pulled it around her.

“Elizabeth, wot’s that?” I said looking down near the start of her bosom.

“Huh?”

I traced the symbol with a fingertip. It seemed familiar somehow.

She looked at me with questioning eyes. “What can that be? And what was Darla talking about me being a vessel.”

“I haven’t a clue luv.”

“Spike, you’re arm. … It looks like it’s bleeding.”

“Bleedin’?” I looked down quickly and pushed the sleeve up. Sure enough, a few inches from my wrist my skin was bleeding but it was in the shape that I felt like I had seen before. Where had I seen it before? I turned to look at Elizabeth’s mark. The one I had near my wrist was different from hers which made things all the more confusing.

Elizabeth took my arm, and bent down to lick the wounds closed, an act that sent shivers down my spine. She smiled and gave me a quick kiss before finding a comfortable spot to rest. I followed her soon enough, sitting beside her. Her head rested on my shoulder as my arms wrapped protectively around her. Things were not looking good. I didn’t understand what Darla was alluding to. Now it seemed like the clan would be after us for different reasons. Before it was because of shame that Elizabeth had a soul. I don’t think the Master really cared whether Elizabeth had a soul or not. I’m sure he would have been more than displeased, but in his eyes, we were still fledglings, nothing more than lowly vampires. I surmised that we were probably insignificant in his eyes since after that first meeting with the Master, I had not heard anything else. Then there was Darla’s wounded pride that someone in her family could be tainted. I knew this for a fact having dealt with a few minions that she had sent after us a number of years back. Now though, she seemed to be singing a different tune. Our grandsire mentioned something about my mate being a vessel.

I let out a tired sigh as I leaned my head against Elizabeth’s. Now we would have to live deeper in the shadows. Whatever it was that Darla meant, I didn’t fancy figuring it out by meeting any from the clan, or the Order.
23 - On the Move by Thianna

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


**

A/N: Thanks to my wonderful betas 2zen2 and McChick


CHAPTER 23 – On the Move


… 1937, Somewhere in the United States …

We were constantly on the move, never staying in one place for more than two or three nights. We were careful and covered our tracks as best we could. We even decided to dye Elizabeth’s hair a much darker color.

We moved from place to place, traveling through different cities and states. It was not easy to survive when you were on the run and on more than one occasion, we ended up stowing away in a train car. It was the easiest mode of transportation available and kept us protected from the sun during the day. If we were lucky, there would be livestock on board that we could feast on for a bit, but even then we had to practice restraint so as not to arouse the suspicion of any of the train employees.

We soon found ourselves in Cleveland. We knew of the existence of another Hellmouth in this state and were cautious enough to avoid going anywhere near it. Just because the Hellmouth wasn’t active, didn’t preclude it from attracting us demons. Sleeping or no, its mystical energy called out to all creatures of the night. Things that are asleep do have a tendency of waking up and though we didn’t hear anything about the Order being in the vicinity, we didn’t want to take any unnecessary risks.

We kept to the places we knew housed only a few demons just like before. It was safer that way since there would be a smaller chance of someone spotting us. Demons have various means of extracting information from others, whether it painful or profitable. The clan, and most definitely the bloody Order, was no exception. The Master was powerful and rich – a very deadly combination for the likes of us that wanted to remain hidden.

We were in the rural areas, living off the land and its farmers when we heard the news of the earthquake that beset California. Certain areas of Sunnydale were devastated but it wasn’t until a month or so later when we crossed the state line into Oklahoma that we heard what had happened to the Master. Mother Nature had stepped in and apparently favored her human children since now the Master was trapped and the Harvest halted. The Order would be in shambles now and I dared to feel some semblance of hope that maybe our months of running would finally end. The constant moving from place to place had taken its toll on both of us and it would be nice for once to just sleep without worrying if today would be the day the Order would catch up to us.


**

It had been over a month since we heard of the Master’s fate. We just arrived in Kansas City for a change of scenery and hopefully a place to settle down for a while. It would be nice to stay in one place, even for just a tiny bit.

The train station was fairly busy since it was still late afternoon. That meant we had to wait here until sunset. That idea didn’t set too well with me and I was fidgeting restlessly from one foot to another.

“What’s wrong Spike?” Elizabeth said with some concern.

“I need somethin’ to do.”

She shook her head. “It’s just for a couple of hours. It should be dark soon.”

“Yeah, but … I need somethin’ to do.”

“Oh, go on,” she said with a small sigh. “The only thing that will calm you down is a bite to eat so go before you annoy me.”

Her tone was not harsh and I knew she understood that I needed to feed. I gave her a smile since it was all I could give her at the moment. I wanted to pull her into my arms and kiss her soundly, but that was out of the question at the moment since she was in disguise. She had taken to dressing like a boy lately, saying that it was more comfortable and less constrictive. It was a good enough disguise and every so often provided some form of entertainment. She made a pretty handsome lad, though I still missed her long locks and voiced my displeasure when she decided to cut her hair short. She said that she wasn’t going to waste her time hiding her hair in a cap and that it was much easier to just crop it short like mine. Of course, I was the lucky bloke that had to cut her lovely locks.

**
… flashback …

“You want to wot?!”

“I didn’t stutter. I said I was thinking of cutting my hair.”

“But why? I like your hair long and we already dyed it. No one’s going to recognize you at first glance now.”

“Well unlike before, we now have the Order after us. Cutting my hair short is practical and will be much easier to handle.”

I let out a slight snort. “Next thing you’ll tell me, you’re goin’ to start dressin’ like a man.” I heard an affirmative to my suggestion somewhere in my head. “You can’t be serious?” But the look on her face showed that she was.

I let out a sigh, knowing that there was no way I would be able to convince her otherwise since she looked so determined. Unfortunately, there was some merit to her idea.

She walked towards me with a dagger.

“Elizabeth, you’re makin’ me cut it?”

“Well I can’t exactly do it myself now can I?”

I took the dagger from her hand and let out another sigh before I bade her to sit in front of me. I did my best but when I was done I knew we had to go to a barber just to even her hair out.

She stood and ran her fingers through her shorter hair and smiled. I let out another sigh at seeing her lovely locks on the floor.

“Oh stop that. You’re just whining because you’re afraid William the Bloody’s reputation might get tarnished because he’s traveling with a man.”


**

Since I couldn’t wrap my arms around her, I made do with a grin before I sent her a rather perverse thought through the claim.

She shook her head. “Now go, before you get hungry for something else.”

“Too late!”

“Spike?!”

“I’m goin’. I’m goin’.”

I headed towards the back of the train station where most of the employees and mechanics would be working. This usually led to the alleyways and I was hoping to find some shifty character to sink my teeth in. If I couldn’t find one then I’d have to find around two or three victims – drinking a little from each one so that I didn’t have to take anyone’s life. Unfortunately, since it still wasn’t dark outside the only people hanging out in the alleyways were employees smoking cigarettes or on their breaks. I worked deftly, picking the ones that no one would notice if they went missing. I just sipped enough to cause them to pass out but not enough to fatally damage any of them. It took more work than I wanted but it was better this way than to worry Elizabeth further. Besides, she trusted me to do the right thing.

About an hour later I made my way back into the train station to seek my dear mate out. When I did find her I wasn’t sure if I should be alarmed or find the scene amusing. Elizabeth was trying her best to act like a man, which meant she was trying to act like a subtle version of me. She had two young women, around the same age as her when she was turned, talking to her. Looking at the scene, it was fairly obvious that both of the women were flirting with what they believed was a young man. I stood a number of paces away, watching Elizabeth fidget slightly as one of the women stepped closer. Her eyes were searching for something, probably looking for some reason to excuse herself from the two women. She caught sight of me but I just gave her a smirk.

//Spike, get over here!//

//Why, luv? You should eat this up. Means your disguise is believable. You could pass for a man. You are passing!//

// I already know my disguise is believable. I don’t need this extra affirmation.//

//I don’t know. They look kind of pretty to me. We could share them.//

//You better be joking!//

I sent her a mental chuckle. //What do you think, pet?//

//And how would you like it if I took another man to bed with us? Now get over here and save me!//

I conceded and slowly made my way towards them. “Hey, what do we have here?” I said giving both women an obvious leer. They looked at me and though I could see a touch of annoyance in their eyes, their lips smiled sweetly. Then I moved my gaze towards Elizabeth. “I’ve been lookin’ for you and here you are with two pretty women. Let’s get out of here Prince Charmin’. We’ll be late.”

“Andy, who is he?”

“I’m his older brother, luv. As much as I’d love to stay here and chat with you pretty dolls, we have to go. “ I saw one of the girls pout and give Elizabeth a longing look. She must have caught the same look because she quickly moved to my side.

“Do you really have to go Andy?” the other girl asked sweetly.

“Yeah, we’ve got places to go.” Elizabeth said in a low voice and turned around quickly moving away from them.

I gave the girls a quick wink as I saw them sigh at seeing Elizabeth leave. I shook my head with amusement and followed her.

“Don’t say a word.”

“Why not? They seemed to really like you, pet.”

“Again, not the kind of attention I need,”she said letting out a sigh. “It took almost every inch of self-control on my part. They were too close. I could see the blood pumping through their veins.” She shuddered.

“I’m sorry luv.” I understood her plight. Having a soul meant she agonized about the death she brought, but she still enjoyed the taste of human blood. It had been weeks since her last human meal. Even though I begged her to hunt with me, she always tried to satisfy herself with animal blood. Unfortunately, when the meal itself is dangled in front of your eyes, it’s harder to resist.

“Let’s just find a place to stay Spike. I’m tired.”

**

… the next night …

“Come on you. I think someone needs to get some air.” Elizabeth said as she grabbed my hands and bade me to stand.

“But we just got back, luv.”

“I know. I also know how much you hate pig’s blood and since that’s all we have for dinner, I was thinking we could use some time outside. You haven’t really be able to vent lately.” She straightened her shirt and tucked it back into her pants. “Well, are you taking me up on my offer?”

“And what are we goin’ to do outside, pet?”

“Your muscles are tense and you’ve hardly said a word to me tonight. I think you could use something to help you relax.”

“I guess I could.”

“I know you can. Now get off your lazy ass.”

With a smirk I followed her outside. We ended up in the small park that we had passed earlier this evening. It was completely empty now and there were a few street lights that illuminated the place. She dropped her coat on a bench and rolled up her sleeves ready for a fight.

I followed suit and took my place a few feet away from her. I smiled at seeing the determination in her face. It had been a while since we’ve done this, being too busy with our own survival to enjoy the little things like a friendly sparring match. I had always enjoyed seeing her in action but since the onset of the soul, she would only fight when necessary.

“Stop looking at me like that, Spike.”

“Like wot?”

“Like you’re more likely to devour me than fight me.”

“Well you know I do love to do both pet. Though I do prefer one over the other any day.”

She rolled her eyes at the comment, then taking matters into her own hands she rushed me, aiming a punch to my face. I took a step back to avoid her blow and I countered with my own attack. Our movements were a little awkward at first, trying to become reacquainted with each other’s styles. It didn’t take long though to lose ourselves into the match, dancing with each other in a different way.

She was right as usual. I needed the sparring match. The past few months have loaded me with such worry and I had no outlet for the violence I craved. I needed something to calm myself. I could only hope that the Master would never rise or find a way out of his earthly prison.

While it was never far from our minds, we never did find out what Darla was alluding to when she caught up with us last year in the train station. The symbol that had mysteriously appeared on Elizabeth’s skin was still there as well as the scar on my forearm. For some unknown reason, Darla had referred to Elizabeth as the vessel. We didn’t dare ask around what that meant in fear that our curiosity would lead the Order straight to us. But now that the Order wasn’t as strong maybe we could finally get some information from the demon community and reveal the meaning of my grand-sire’s cryptic comment.
24 – Cloudy Future by Thianna

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


**

A/N: Thanks to my wonderful betas 2zen2 and McChick


CHAPTER 24 – Cloudy Future

… Chicago, Illinois … 1948 …

The years passed and our fear of the Order and the clan going after us was now starting to seem like a distant memory. We were still curious about the symbols we bore so anytime we moved to a larger city we visited libraries. We visited them to look for ancient books in the hopes that they might contain information about the markings. It really wasn’t my ideal night time activity, especially when there were more food choices in the bigger cities, but I wanted to bloody know why I had this damn mark on my arm.

I knew we could have consulted a witches’ coven but I was never a huge fan of magic and there was just something about them that never really sat well with me. So we looked through books whenever we could, but unfortunately, we came up with nothing conclusive. The only thing we were able to figure out was that the symbols we bore were related to the Aurelian clan. We did find one other interesting item. Every time the clan was mentioned, a “codex” was mentioned along with it. Apparently, the codex contained a set of prophecies that the clan supposedly believed in. I knew that wasn’t correct. If memory served me correctly, it was the Order that believed in prophecies. Darla and the other gits with her did mention the awakening of a vessel and they were referring to Elizabeth. But a vessel for what? And how was my marking related to Elizabeth’s? There were too many questions that didn’t have answers and part of me just wished everyone would just leave us be.


**

It was probably on a whim or perhaps more likely boredom, when we decided to have our fortunes told. We didn’t go to some charlatan that charged an arm and a leg to tell you your soul mate will be tall, dark and handsome and you’ll meet them when you least expect it. Despite my slight prejudice against magic, we decided to go to a gifted witch that we had heard was quite a clairvoyant. We had been running for close to half a century and part of me was curious to know what our future held in store for us. We still hadn’t figured out what the symbols etched into our skin meant. I wasn’t that surprised and partly had lost hope of ever finding out what they really meant. The symbols were related to the clan which meant any records of these symbols appearing were most probably kept private and in the hands of a trusted Aurelian.

We sat down next to each other, across from a pretty young lady that held tarot cards in her left hand. She tilted her head looking us over, as if reading something in the way we stood or sat.

“So how can I help you tonight?”

Elizabeth smiled. “Guess just the usual. We’re curious about our future.”

“You do know that whatever it is that I see is merely a possibility.”

We both nodded.

“Very well. Let us begin.” She shuffled the tarot cards then placed it in front of her and offered her hands to us.

“Aren’t you going to use those cards, pet?”

“I had thought about it, but I have a feeling touching both of you would give me a better reading than the cards,” she said with a smile. She kept her hand steady in front of us, patiently waiting for us to place our hands on hers. Part of me was starting to feel apprehensive. I didn’t want her poking around in my head. I looked from her hand to her face then back to her hand.

“I think it will be okay Spike. I feel that we can trust her,” Elizabeth commented.

I nodded slowly then placed a tentative hand on the witch’s after Elizabeth placed hers on the other hand. The witch’s head jerked back as she closed her eyes. Her heart started racing and her breathing started to become erratic. Her lips formed a frown and though her eyes were closed, her brow furrowed deeply with worry. She shook her head a number of times, as if trying to clear it of a horrible image. We both waited patiently until her eyes flew open and she pulled her hand away from me in fear.

“Wot?”

She shook her head. “Power to remake … power to unmake.”

I looked at her with concern, but tried my best not to give any other emotion away. It had been years now but I could have sworn I heard those same words pass the lips of another.

“That doesn’t explain anythin’, pet.”

“If there’s something in particular you want to know about, you must ask the proper question.”

Elizabeth looked at me curiously and I nodded in approval of what I knew she wanted to ask.

“Is there anything in your vision about a symbol?” she asked.

“What kind of symbol?”

“We want to know about this,” Elizabeth interjected as she pulled the fabric of her top aside to reveal the deep red marking on her skin.

The witch tilted her head to examine it. “May I touch it?”

When Elizabeth nodded, the witch stood up and walked towards her. Her fingers reached out to carefully inspect the red mark. I looked on with fascination. These markings were always a mystery. They didn’t hurt at all but they looked like unhealed wounds. The one on my arm, similar to Elizabeth’s, was deep red in color and sat proudly against pale skin.

“Vampire, of what clan do you hail from?”

“We do not belong to any family, though we are children of Aurelius.”

“Aurelius? Hmmm… Mediterranean. That cannot be right,” she said with a frown. “Typically symbols or markings that are mystical in nature follow something that the bearer may understand. In this case, the mere fact that you’re asking me about them means these symbols are unrecognizable to you. That then leads me to think that they should at least be in the tongue of your line. But these are in rune language.”

“Wait. You said rune language? These look like runes to you, pet? As in Norse Mythology? It doesn’t look like that to me, luv.”

“But that is what I see. … The magic behind that symbol is ancient and strong. There is no doubt about that. Hmm… I wouldn’t be surprised if someone else read it, the markings would be in a different glyph. What does it look like to you?”

I couldn’t rightly answer. It was ancient, it was nothing that seemed familiar in terms of any language I knew of, but I knew it was clan related. “I’m not sure how to describe it, pet. It feels like family. … When I look at it, it reminds me of a vampire bond.”

She let out a small pout. “It is many things and one thing.” She turned to look at Elizabeth. “What does it mean to you when you look at it?”

“Servant? … Mother? … Companion?

She looked at the two of us with a frown. “The world is a system of balance. If her marking means any of those, which is also what I see in it, then there is someone out there that has a companion marking.”

Elizabeth gave me a look, urging me to show my own marking to the witch. I pushed my right sleeve up to reveal the red stain that had graced my skin for over a decade. She pulled my arm towards her to get a better look but as soon as candlelight illuminated it she dropped my arm as if it had burned her. I gave her a slight glare.

“Sorry,” she said with a fluster that looked like something had really bothered her.

“What did you see, pet?”

“Blood. I saw so much blood. There was death and screaming … and pain… Power… so much frightening power.”

“That’s nothing new to me, luv.”

She shook her head. “No you do not understand. It was beyond what I know a typical vampire would do.”

“You don’t know what I’ve done in the past, luv. I’ve done my fair share of carnage.”

She shook her head. “No. The power I felt was overwhelming. ” She looked at me with slight fear. She reached out for my arm once more. I saw her bite her lower lip as she gingerly touched the mark again. “This rune… it is a warning.”

“A warning? Warning me about what?” I said raising one eyebrow.

“No, not warning you. It is a warning for other demons. Your fate is intertwined with something bigger, much bigger than I nor you can ever fathom. Your destiny will remake or unmake what we believe is true. “

“And that means wot exactly?”

She let out a sigh. “I’m not sure. Like I said earlier, what I see is just one possibility out of many. I cannot see a distinct outcome but both times I’ve touched you the same thing keeps on screaming over and over in my mind. Death. Blood. Power.”
25 - A Night of Ironies by Thianna

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


**

A/N: Thanks to my wonderful betas 2zen2 and McChick


CHAPTER 25 – A Night of Ironies

… Chicago, Illinois … 1948 …

We were walking away from the fortune teller in silence trying to make some sense of the information that the witch had given us. It was by no means an answer to our ultimate question but at least it was something. It didn’t really tell us why Darla seemed to be so interested in Elizabeth once she saw that mark, but if what the witch was telling us was true then our fates … our destinies were going to take us to places I don’t think we even imagined.

“Do you believe her?” Elizabeth asked.

I let my shoulders shrug. “Not sure. Seems like a fantasy but you know we’ve seen things that when we were human I thought were impossible.”

She nodded, sighing softly. I placed an arm around her shoulder and pulled her close to me.

We walked down the Chicago streets falling into silence once more. We had not fed yet and the hunger was starting to build. I purposely had left my gold watch hanging out of my vest pocket, hoping to attract some foolish thief to the promise of gold. Then depending on how much he struggled and fought for what I was dangling in front of him would determine whether I would just take a sip or drain the poor bloke dry. This arrangement was suitable enough for Elizabeth. At least the victims I took were far from innocent. But no one took the bait. Perhaps we would have to go deeper into the dark to find human monsters similar to ourselves to feed. I knew that Elizabeth would have been happy with the swill that the local demon bar served. It was far from edible in my opinion and I usually had to lace it with a good portion of alcohol to make it palatable. But Elizabeth made do with it when we didn’t have time to get the butcher special. It may be good for her but I needed something fresher and richer.

The cold and dank air from the subway found its way towards us and a grin crossed my lips. Perhaps I would be lucky down there. Perhaps there I would find an unsuspecting human desperate enough to fall for my bait. With a tired sigh Elizabeth followed behind me as I bounded down the stairs toward the subway entrance. I could tell she wanted to complain. She knew better though and held her tongue. She could leave me alone and I would meet up with her later, but her conscience made her feel that it was best to stay with me and make sure I did not go overboard in my feeding.

The wind blew through the dark tunnels and I picked out a few strangling heartbeats hidden in the shadows. Surely one of them or maybe a tiny bit of all of them would prove to be a worthy meal. I started to press myself against the wall, blending into the shadows as Elizabeth walked in silence leaving me to do what I must. I couldn’t believe my luck when I found a man face down in a drunken stupor, the bottle of whiskey still in his hand. I had no intention on draining this one dry but at least I didn’t have to fight for my meal. I cradled the man lovingly in my arms as I sliced through his neck with practiced ease. I kept my ears alert, knowing that I had to stop just when his heart started showing signs of stress. The blood coated my tongue and throat and pushed back the growing hunger to a bearable level. When I was done, I licked the wounds closed and placed the man back on the ground. I stood up and listened for my next donor. Two more bodies like this one and I would be good for the night. As I made my way back to the platform to check up on Elizabeth before finding my next two meals the smell of blood stoked the demon inside but the sense of shock from Elizabeth brought forth a different emotion. I rushed to her side to find her staring at a bloodbath. The subway train had stopped and if whatever it was that found the humans in the car found the driver; this would be this train’s final stop for the night.

Conflicting emotions raced inside me. A part of me was hungry, wanting to move forward and see if there was still some victim inside that could serve as food. Another part of me was reminiscing of a time when I had done such carnage – the feel of warm blood on cold skin, the sounds of terror and fear, the taste of salty tears mixed with bittersweet blood, the power of holding life in your own two hands. My demon knew the carnage well and so did my mate which led me into the feeling of horror. We had hidden ourselves in the shadows and ran away from everything we knew and loved so dearly. Now, with the scene before us it was a reminder of what we were capable of and what we fought to deny every night. I felt Elizabeth grip my hand tightly. She must know … know that seeing this was actually harder for me since I had nothing to truly stop me from letting go and doing this. And a part of me, the part that has been denied for so long, wanted to do this.

I found it strange that it was Elizabeth that took the step forward. I wanted to run. I wanted to flee because seeing this was giving me ideas.

“I can still hear heartbeats,” she proclaimed.

“No, luv. This is their fate. Don’t mingle ours with theirs.”

“But we could still save them.”

“Why should we? Isn’t what we do enough?”

“Please Spike! Perhaps we can save a life.”

“But the one responsible is still here. Would you risk facin’ this one to save a human that you don’t even know will survive?”

“We don’t have time to argue about this,” she said walking with purpose into the carnage. I tried to shut my senses off. I did my best not to breathe lest I succumb to the sweet smell in the air. I wondered how Elizabeth could stand this. There was blood everywhere and if I was her, with the soul in place, I would feed -- feed on the few bodies that were still warm but dying. There would be no guilt since one, the ones that were unconscious and bleeding were beyond saving, while those that still can think wouldn’t last much longer, why not give them the sweet calming embrace of death than the panic of the unknown ‘til their life ebbed away from them.

Elizabeth had found two children, huddled underneath tables, their eyes wild with fear. I was surprised to see that they were pretty much unscathed except for a few scrapes and bruises. She coaxed them and led them outside. I took the girl while she took the younger boy. Both children falling into unconsciousness as if they knew that we would keep them safe. The young girl in my arms had blood on her clothing and it took a huge amount of self control to stop the demon from just taking the little girl’s sweet blood. Her neck was pressed close to my cheek and I can feel the warmth radiating from her. I opened the claim and pleaded with my mate that we do this quick because I was still hungry and wanting.

//I will not take them further than just away from the carnage. Blood everywhere, pet… and I’m hungry. It doesn’t help that this one is so young.//

//But it would be better if we can make sure they are in good hands.//

As if fate was trying to tell me that I was right, as we carried the children towards the subway exit where I hoped some policeman should see them, a wooden arrow came flying pass my head.

“Stop where you are vampire and let those children go.”

We both turned slowly to see a young teenage girl holding a crossbow. Her stance seemed familiar and the vehemence in her voice spoke of her familiarity with perhaps fighting our kind. There was something about her that was calling to me, calling the demon to come forth. She was a Slayer. Slayer blood would be a better prize. It had been decades, almost half a century actually, since I had tasted that sweet blood.

//Spike, no. Please. Let’s just go.//

//You really think this bint is going to let us go. Look into her eyes. There’s anger there.//

She gave me a mental sigh as she carefully lowered the boy to the ground. I did the same with the child in my arms, but I was cautious enough not to take my eyes way from the teenager. There was something about her stance that showed she seemed to have an itchy trigger finger. Sure enough as Elizabeth straightened up she let the arrow fly and my mate quickly got out of the way while I rushed in to protect her.

“I’m not letting you go vampire. The killings will stop now.” The young girl said, her voice echoing eerily in the tunnels.

“We had nothing to do with that.” Elizabeth said but I knew better than an explanation like that would work with this one.

“And why should I trust you demon? Lying is second nature to all of you.”

“Because it’s the truth.” I said.

“You have children in your arms. What, you want me to believe you were helping them? The idea of your kind helping us, any of us, is unheard of.”

“We’re a new breed I guess, so lower your little weapon and we’ll be on our way.”

She took a step forward. “No. All your kind must be destroyed. If you want to help this world, just stand there and let me do my job.”

Her words angered me. Here we were trying to get these children to safety and it didn’t seem like she cared. Alright, I’ll admit that the concept of vampires helping out humans was unheard of, perhaps even preposterous and laughable. It was an act that was even punishable among our kind. The Order was after us because Elizabeth smelled too human. I’m sure if they knew that we were helping humans now that would just increase their efforts in finding and killing us. Thank goodness the order was no more.

“If you had any sense little girl, you’d try to find out who your real culprit is. We weren’t responsible for the blood bath in there and we wouldn’t be stupid enough to carry two children with blood stained clothes out of here. We’d be spotted quickly. If we wanted to feed on them, don’t you think we would have done it by now?”

I saw the uncertainty cross her face and it just angered her further. Her watcher must have taught her well. The world wasn’t made of black and white but I guess for slayers to do their duty it was easier to paint the world that way. “You’re a vampire and you’re evil. “

“Where’s your proof that I’m evil, pet?”

“You’re a vampire, need I say more?”

I was right. She saw everything as right and wrong. It must be nice to live in a world where everything was so clearly defined.

She let another arrow fly, and this time Elizabeth rushed out of instinct and pushed me out of the way. It struck her right shoulder and as her muffled whimper of pain registered in my brain I rushed the Slayer quickly, giving her what she had wanted. She wanted evil so she was going to get it. I knocked the crossbow from her hands and threw a punch aimed at her face. She was a pretty little thing with reddish brown hair and brown eyes with flecks of green. I had wanted to fight her so badly but pushed the desire down for many reasons. The foremost reason being that my mate didn’t want me to. But no amount of reasoning or promises of love or even sexual favors in exchange for a decent fight was going to stop me from killing this one now. I had been nice. I had reasoned with the bloody bint that we weren’t responsible for the mayhem in the subway car and that we would leave the children in her care. I was even willing to just knock the girl out while we escaped. But no, she wanted a fight. She wanted to kill us just because of who we were. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised but it angered me because here we were trying to help and she was ignoring that aid. We were meant to be killed because our hearts didn’t beat. Nearly half a century now I had restrained myself from killing any innocent and this was the reward I get? Faced with a Slayer who had wounded my mate, all bets were off.

I knew I would have to deal with Elizabeth later about this, but the Slayer was going to pay with her blood. I’ll give her the fight she was itching to give me. I’ll give her a glimpse of the evil she assumed we had done.

I let go of all my restraint, fangs descending, eyes turning a fiery amber as I concentrated on nothing else but the fight before me. I saw her glance over to where the crossbow lay. Perhaps luck would be on my side today if fate has delivered me a Slayer that was more comfortable with long range fighting. I liked getting into the thick of things. I like getting my hands dirty or in this case bloody. I saw her move towards her favored weapon and rushed in the same direction intent on getting to the crossbow first. I saw her hand reach out first and knowing that there would be no way I would be able to wretch it out of her grasp I changed tactics and aimed instead at using momentum and muscle to knock her down. I caught her by surprise as I crouched low, protecting my chest as I rammed into her gut. I heard a grunt as she hit the wall behind her. I moved quickly before she could recover. I aimed a kick at her shoulder, pounding on muscle and ligament until I saw her grip on the crossbow wane. The weapon dropped to the ground with a slight clang and I crushed it with my left foot. She looked at me with angry eyes and I just rewarded her with a smirk.

Her hand curled into fists and we exchanged blows. But as we danced I noticed that my earlier assumption was correct. Her skill didn’t lay in hand to hand combat. I wasn’t stupid enough to lower my defenses. Her blows were still pretty powerful, it was just that her movements were not as quick, not as sharp. She was able to push me away from her and I saw the small smile she let cross her lips at having more freedom to move.

She employed kicks along with her punches though I had fortunately damaged her right shoulder enough that blows from her right side didn’t seem to amount to as much as before. She was lucky I didn’t have a knife or dagger on me at the moment because I would have loved to cut her… to slice through her skin and see her sweet blood flow and whet my appetite further. Normally I would think that that would just be wasting food, but she had irritated me that I wanted her to feel some sort of pain.

She eventually pulled out her stake. I was wondering when the signature weapon of Slayers was going to make its appearance.

“Wot do you fight for Slayer?”

“I fight for this world… to protect humans from the likes of you.”

I let out a soft chuckle as I avoided her attack. “Yet you would be willing to let two human children die because you’re so devoted to your cause?”

Her head turned briefly to look at Elizabeth who I could feel was tending to the children despite the wound on her shoulder. My words hit home. It worked and she faltered, unsure for the split second and it was all I needed. I twisted her arm, putting pressure on her muscles that loosened the grip on her stake. I didn’t hesitate, the demon anxious for Slayer blood. Warm blood flooded down my throat and I drank, my arms unknowingly snaking around her frame and holding her possessively. For a brief second I remembered the last time a Slayer’s neck became my chalice. Oh sweet blood flowed into me like a fount and her life was like an elixir that I needed. The demon inside was rejoicing and an involuntary moan vibrated in my throat as I drank. This Slayer’s blood tasted different from the first one I killed but it was life and power nonetheless.

I felt my mate’s firm hand on my shoulder, beckoning me to release the dying Slayer. “Spike…”

She was defeated though still had some strength in her. But I had shattered her perfect world and questioned her cause, her reason for fighting. I had killed her spirit just as surely as I had weakened her body. She looked up at us with disillusioned brown eyes.

“Was I wrong?”

Her eyes flitted between me and my mate before she settled on Elizabeth who was somehow still giving her a kind face despite the fact that this girl had wounded her.

“Save … them. …” Then she was gone. Her heart was silent.

Elizabeth bent down to close the Slayer’s eyes and I couldn’t help but scowl at the seeming tenderness she was giving the now dead teenager.

I could feel disappointment growing inside her. She knew I could have restrained myself. She knew I could have found a way to knock her out instead of killing her. But in my mind I was in the right. My mate has been harmed and my life was in danger as well. I was just protecting what was mine. I was getting ready for the argument but it never came. She just looked up at me and cleaned the blood from my lips.

“We need to get the children to a hospital. Let’s go.” She winced slightly as she turned and accidentally moved her right shoulder too quickly. The arrow was gone but the wound was there. It would take some time to heal since she rarely drank human blood. I reached out to call her back and urge her to drink from me since Slayer blood would still be fresh in my body. But my right arm started to feel like it was on pins and needles and as I moved my gaze towards it, it felt like a hot branding iron was being pressed near my wrist. The red marking on my body was glowing and the nerve endings near the mark were going haywire to the point that I wasn’t sure if I was feeling pleasure or pain.

I looked up to see Elizabeth had stopped walking and was putting pressure on the spot where her red marking would be. I don’t know if I was just being protective or if there was another reason behind it but something inside me was urging me forward towards her. I needed to touch her; somehow my body knew that if I could just touch my mate the tingling would go away. So I told my body to walk. I told my body to ignore my arm and just reach out to my mate. She turned and reached for me as well. As soon as our fingertips touched the prickling sensation started to subside.

I pulled her into my arms, finding comfort in her nearness. She looked up at me as if trying to ask the same question that was on my mind. “What the hell was going on?” I had no answers and part of me wasn’t sure if I would like the answers.

The little girl I was carrying earlier started to stir. “Mommy?” Nothing else followed for a few seconds and then she was screaming. I couldn’t blame the poor girl. There was blood on her hands and on her dress. Elizabeth pulled away from me to calm the girl down and I quietly followed. Tonight was a night of ironies. A massacre occurred but I had no part in it. I was only responsible for one death and strangely enough the children we had saved in some way caused the death of the very Slayer that vowed to protect all humans.
26 - But He Was Older by Thianna
**

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


**

A/N: Thanks to my wonderful betas 2zen2 and McChick


CHAPTER 26 - But He Was Older

… Chicago, Illinois … 1948

Elizabeth was able to calm down the little girl. Her sobs eventually turned to mumbled whimpers. She looked from Elizabeth then back to me as I quietly smoked a cigarette. It was all I could do to distract myself from wanting to do other things.

Slayer blood was pumping inside me and after the initial pain it caused, my body was asking for something else. My mate was just a few paces away and I wanted to take her, to feel her, to be complete with her. Unfortunately, there were other things she wanted us to do. We had to bring the children to a safe place. Part of me just wanted to do away with them, but Elizabeth would never allow me to do that.

I took another long drag from my cigarette, letting the nicotine calm me down. The little girl took a step towards me, looking at me curiously, her initial fear fading as she studied me.

“Wot do you want?!”

She looked down with a frown and I heard Elizabeth hissing at me, affording me an icy glare as she tended to the little boy. I shook my head and let out a sigh. My mate was right. She had just calmed the little girl down and it wouldn’t help us out one bit if I scared her back into crying. I was about to apologize to her when I felt something approaching. A second or two later I could hear heavy footsteps rushing towards us followed by a threatening growl.

The little girl ran behind me, clutching my leg in obvious fear as the creature stepped out of the shadows. It was a vampire, older than most I had encountered and from the looks of things hungry to the point of insanity. He reminded me of a rabid animal, the blood lust taking over his mind. His claws were painted a sickly red and his mouth glistened wet from the blood of his last victim.

The smell of death and blood were calling to me, especially now that I couldn’t quench my other hunger. The demon wanted to take its mate but since that was going to be impossible at the moment, it would be happy with a little more violence.

The rabid vampire growled once more. “You have what’s mine!”

I let out a snort. “Really now? What could we have that belongs to you mate?”

He answered with a growl and moved towards me, reaching for the little girl that was clinging to me tightly. I clamped my hand down on his wrist and pushed him back. I was surprised at the strength that coursed through me. He was older than I was but I flung him back as if he was a mere fledgling. He hit the far wall with a loud crashing sound, taking some of the stone bricks with him. He shook his head, dust clouding around him as he shook pieces of stone from his hair. He let out another menacing growl.

“It’s him… it’s the monster!” the little girls managed to say. “We have to run. We have to hide. Mommy told me to hide.” Strangely enough, now she was tugging at my pant leg, urging me to run with her. I glanced over at the vampire she called monster as he slowly picked himself up. I turned back to look at Elizabeth and let her see the determination in my eyes. She let out a sigh and opened her arms towards the little girl.

“Go girl. Elizabeth will keep you safe.”

“But… you can’t fight that thing. He will … he will… kill you. He is bad. He will … “ she started whimpering again.

“I’m stronger than that. You should go with Elizabeth.”

“No,” she said with another tug at my pant leg.

I let out a low growl. “GO!”

She took my hand then and squeezed it before running towards my mate. She screamed as the vampire lunged at me, but my senses already told me he was coming. I crouched low to avoid him, dropping down to the ground and rolling out of the way. He hit the wall behind me, and growled out his displeasure.

“Come on, mate. Is that all you’ve got. Can have a go against harmless humans but not against me?”

“Give me back what is mine.”

“Yours? She doesn’t belong to you mate.”

“I found her. She is mine to eat.”

“Honestly, I think you’ve had enough, mate. Or are you just stallin’ because you can’t fight worth shit?”

That did it. He lunged at me again and this time I took it, letting him pin me to the ground as I laughed. He pushed his whole weight against me but there was something inside me telling me that it didn’t matter. I knew I could handle it. He roared as he threw a punch aimed at my cheek. Pain was supposed to follow but it felt more like a slap than a punch. I could get used to this. Perhaps this was an added bonus to having Slayer blood coursing inside me.

I grabbed his arms, shifted my weight and then raised my legs up to throw him over my head, trying to slam him as hard as I could on the ground. A smile painted my lips as the subtle sound of bones breaking reached my ears. With an evil grin, I picked myself up and rushed towards him, clenching my right hand into a fist as I jumped up and slammed down, hitting him square in the chest. His chest muscles gave as blood gurgled from his throat.

“Did they taste sweet, mate? How many did you kill tonight? I bet it wasn’t enough. It will never be enough will it. Not for you. The lust has taken over, you pathetic fool.”

“Better… better than any you’ve tasted. You… you smell of drunks… and sewers.”

I clamped my hand on his throat. “And your sense of smell is partly off! You’re lost to the blood lust that you can’t tell subtle differences anymore can you? And you have the nerve to talk to me that way you mindless piece of shit! You have one thought on your mind… to kill by impulse. You have no respect for your victim. That train car was just mayhem. There was no thought in it was there? No art! No elegance! Just the demon going insane. Do you know who I am?”

“You’re … you’re … no one.”

“You’re older than me. So perhaps you’ve killed more than me, but you kill those who have no chance of fightin’ back. I’ve faced Slayers before and taken them as my prize. I may be no one, but who’s layin’ on the ground right now, mate?” I said squeezing my hand around his throat until the muscles on his face started tensing.

He tried to pull my hand away from him, but I held firm. In desperation, his claws reached up to scratch me, any part of me he could. I felt him digging into my right arm, turning my sleeves into shreds and revealing my marking. In anger he used his entire body to buckle and throw me from him. He succeeded and I slid a few feet away. He stood up once more and growled out both his frustration and anger. I picked myself up and goaded him on, letting my eyes turn golden and my fangs descend. He rushed towards me but instead of clenching my hands into fists again, I kept them open, intent on ripping his heart out. He was blinded by anger and didn’t even notice it when he plunged himself into my claw. He looked at my face in disbelief when he realized just what had happened. Then he saw the red marking on my arm.

“You… you have come… to cleanse … to change… How can you be … “

I squeezed my hand, feeling the muscle of his heart turning into ash in my hand. With a smug look, I just turned my back to him, not even waiting for him to crumble into dust.

//Spike? What did you do? How did you do that?//

//I don’t know luv. Felt good though. Real good.//

//But he was older than you.//

//Yeah, so?//

Elizabeth had not taken the children far, so they saw the monster disappear. Suddenly the little girl freed herself from Elizabeth’s embrace and ran to me, wrapping her arms around my leg like earlier. I didn’t understand what she was doing.

“Will he come back?” she asked softly.

“No, little one. He won’t bother you anymore.”

She released my leg but then clung to my hand. Elizabeth picked up the little boy that luckily was still unconscious. She gave me a worried look before turning towards the subway stairs.

**

Elizabeth let out a tired sigh as she plopped down on the bed in the hotel room we had rented for our stay. We had just come back from dropping off the two children we had saved earlier that night. That took longer than I thought and almost got us trapped in the hospital all day. Both children didn’t want to let go of either of us and we had to wait until they both fell asleep before the nurses could pry them away from us.

My mate looked up at me with worry. “Are you okay Spike?”

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?”

“Spike, what you did tonight…”

“Killed another Slayer,” I said with a shrug.

“Well yes, but the other one… that vampire.”

I sat down on the bed beside her. “What of him, luv?”

“How did you do that?”

“I don’t know. Does it matter? Killed him. Got you and the little squirts out of there safely. Don’t tell me you’re goin’ to give me a lecture about the violence are you?”

She breathed out a sigh. “No, but with everything that happened tonight aren’t you the least bit curious?”

“Of course I am. But there’s a simple explanation for it. It was just Slayer blood Elizabeth … Just Slayer blood doing its magic.”

“But that vampire said something to you. What was it? Umm… to cleanse … to change.”

“He was insane, pet. How can you trust what he says?”

“Our Sire is insane and she has insight on things.”

“That’s different, luv.”

She leaned on my shoulder and I kissed the top of her head. She smiled up at me then stood up and took my hand, pulling me towards her. I complied without argument as she led me towards the bathroom. She turned the water on, preparing a warm bath for both of us. As we waited for the tub to fill, she pulled me into a kiss, wrapping her arms around my neck and letting her body relax against me.

She sighed softly and moved to kiss her claim mark on my neck. It sent a shiver down my back and I let my hand slide underneath her top to touch her skin. She pulled away slyly and turned the water off before it spilled over the tub. She slowly shed her clothes, teasing me with her skin. I followed suit, but before I could slip into the tub, she had already settled into it. That wasn’t right. I wanted to be behind her and have her lean against my chest. She shook her head and opened her arms.

I gave her another frown but I knew there would be no convincing her so I complied and settled against her body. She wrapped her arms around my chest while I placed a hand on her knee, caressing it slowly. The water felt good and with a night like tonight, we both needed to relax.

I leaned my head to one side, unknowingly exposing my neck to her. With a small sigh she bent down and kissed my neck again. This time though, she pulled flesh into her mouth, teasing skin and muscle with a playful bite. Her tongue teased and caressed my neck, mimicking motions as if she was drinking from me.

“Go ahead luv. Bite.”

She hesitated, moving away from me as if she was guilty of something.

“No luv, you need it. You know that whatever I have inside me is better than anything you would be willing to drink and it’s too late now for you to go out and get anything else.” I raised my hand and placed it gently behind her neck, pulling her down to my neck.

I felt her purr softly before her fangs buried themselves deep into my flesh. The hunger for her I had earlier had returned as she lapped up at blood and suckled on my neck. I took her hand and placed it on my hardened shaft. She grasped it gently, her thumb stroking the tip in lazy circles. I gasped as she pulled more flesh into her mouth and pressed the soft mounds of her breasts against my back. Her name escaped my lips as she started moving her hand in long, slow strokes. She played with me, her fingers ghosting over me one minute and then the grasping me tightly, squeezing gently the next. I couldn’t help but move my hips in time with her hand. She moved her hand back and forth as she drank happily. She showed me just how much she enjoyed my blood by continuing to please me until I could no longer take the pressure building inside. My body tensed as I fell into ecstasy, screaming her name and professing my love. I collapsed against her, sighing happily as she pulled her fangs and licked the fresh bite marks closed.

“Elizabeth, I … “

“Shhh. … Spike it’s okay. You don’t need to.”

“You know I want to, pet.”

“Later, Spike. We have all day.”

“It might take all day, pet.” I said, leaning my head back to kiss her. I licked her lower lip, teasing her lips to part as I tasted her and my blood in her mouth.

“Mmm… Spike… Don’t boast.”

“It’s not a boast luv. I’ll show you how much I love you.” I kissed her once more and showed her just how serious I was.
27 - Carnival in Town by Thianna

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


**

A/N: Thanks to my wonderful betas 2zen2 and McChick


CHAPTER 27 – Carnival in Town

… London, England 1963 …


It was a pleasant July evening and the carnival was in town. It was something different to do and maybe would even help put a smile on my dear Elizabeth’s face. I remembered how her eyes lit up the first time we went to one of these. She was like a young child, bubbling with excitement as she giggled and twirled about wanting to try and taste everything. Of course back then, when she meant taste she was not just referring to all the sweet morsels that were being sold. She was mainly interested in the young teenagers milling around the place. Or she would delight in toying with some hapless fool that thought he was going to get lucky with some teenage beauty.

Things were different now and I doubted that she saw the carnival as a venue for a smorgasbord of food. I, on the other hand, was hoping to maybe get me a quick bite of some bully, swindler or thief. Humans of that kind always seemed to lurk about in carnivals. I had to admit that I was looking forward to the taste of human since all we’ve had the past week was whatever the butcher had in his shop.

She must have sensed what I was thinking or maybe I involuntarily licked my lips because she turned her head and reached out to caress one cheek. Her hair swayed when she turned her heard and I smiled at seeing how long it was now. Her hair was finally back to a length I loved. She had started growing it out again a few years ago but she still kept it too short for my tastes. Now it spilled past her shoulders and framed her face like a golden halo. She looked like an angel and in many respects she was still my angel but I nowadays I used the nickname sparingly for obvious reasons. At least she no longer looked like a teenage boy and I could once again show my affections for her in public.

She squeezed my hand then kissed my cheek. “Please try not to get into too much trouble, Spike.”

“I can’t guarantee that luv. You know most of the time it’s not my fault.”

“Sure it’s not. You just goad them on.”

“It’s not my fault that they can’t control their temper.”

“This from the man that can control his?”

“Honestly though pet, would you have me any other way?”

She made a show of thinking about that question. “Hmmm….”

“Hey!”

She started giggling then moved closer to brush her lips lightly against mine. “Don’t make me wait too long.”

I smiled and then stole a kiss before disappearing into the crowd to find my meal.


**

I felt a chilling breeze blow near me as I leaned my latest victim against a post. I tried to dismiss it as nothing but there was something oddly familiar about the breeze. As soon as I stood upright and turned around, heavy fog started to surround me and a lone figure cloaked in black emerged from the shadows. I knew I had met this figure before but it was taking me some time to remember when and where. I sifted through memories and years but it was when he stepped closer and my nose was assailed with his scent that I remembered him. I had met him almost three decades ago in Sunnydale.

“I cannot believe that you actually spared that one.”

“Wot the fuck do you want?”

“I came for a little chat. There is no need for you to be hostile.”

“Oh sorry, but I’m not in the habit of being nice to people that like holdin’ me against my will.”

He let out a chuckle. “You’re still bitter about that? I didn’t even touch you.”

I crossed my arms in front of my chest. “You want to talk? Then bloody talk.”

“Blunt.” He paused as if assessing how to phrase his next few words.

“Why did you spare that one?”

I answered with a shrug. “Is that really any of your business?”

“It is when I see someone such as yourself holding back. You are a killer. You must not deny who you are.”

I looked at him uninterested. “Is that all you have to say? I don’t need a soddin’ lecture from you. I do wot I want to do when I bloody feel like it. Now if you’d be nice enough to bugger off, “ I said turning my back to him.

“Will it be enough? Will she love you enough to make whatever it is you’re giving up worth it?”

“Again, it’s none of your bloody business!” I said aggravated by what it seemed like he was implying. I rushed him, grabbing the front of his cloak in one hand.

He let out a sigh. “Perhaps. It still seems like it’s still too early anyway.”

“Too early for wot?” By the time I spoke those words he had vanished and the fog started to clear.

“I can’t tell you because I am bound. To tell you would be to interfere.”

“Then stop fuckin’ talkin’ to me,” I said with a growl.

He replied with an eerie chuckle then stepped back into the shadows and disappeared. My senses no longer registered he was anywhere near.

**

I rushed through the carnival to look for Elizabeth. I could feel her through the claim. She seemed well and whatever it was she was doing she actually seemed like she was laughing. But I needed to see her physically. I needed that touch to tell me that she truly was fine.

I found her sitting on a bench near one of the cotton candy stalls. I could hear her soft laughter and it was followed by that of a young boy’s. I approached trying to hide the worry and tension in my body by acting casual.

The young boy was dressed properly. His hair was cut short and combed nicely but despite his proper clothing there was a twinkle of mischief in his eye. He had a slight air of cockiness that I never had when I was his age and part of me envied him for that. He seemed comfortable with strangers since when he saw me approach he just gave me a big smile before paying attention to the cotton candy he was holding up.

“So wot do we have here, pet?”

Elizabeth looked up at me and smiled. “Oh, well it seems Rupert here became a little adventurous and wandered too far away from his parents.”

“I know how to find my home!” he said with slight defiance.

“I’m sure you can, but a little boy like you can be quite the treat for some baddie out there.” I replied.

“I can take care of myself. “

Elizabeth took my hand and squeezed it gently. “I was thinking that maybe we could keep him company for a little bit.”

I gave her a puzzled look. “But pet, if he says he can take care of himself… why?”

“Call it intuition Spike,” she said shrugging her shoulders.

I looked at the young boy then back at my mate. I saw the determination in her eyes and I knew there was no arguing with her. I simply kissed her hand and took a seat beside her as we watched Rupert happily devour his cotton candy.

**

There was a smile on Elizabeth’s lips as she watched Rupert talk about some family vacation that he had gone to a couple of months back. I was bored for lack of a better term but sat quietly, letting the child excitedly tell each and every mischievous detail of what he and his cousins did. She must have sensed my unrest through the claim because on more than one occasion, she gently placed her hand on mine or leaned her head against my shoulder. Both of those actions were a sure fire way to calm down my anxiety.

“Rupert?” a woman’s voice called from somewhere behind me.

The boy looked up and his face was a mixture of relief and disappointment.

“Where have you been? We have been worried sick about you.”

“Awww, Mum! You know I am old enough to take care of myself.”

“I hardly call nine years old enough young man.”

Rupert pouted and crossed his arms in obvious defiance. But the pout quickly melted when an older man who I can only assume was his Da’ stepped forward.

“Rupert Anthony Giles! That is no way to act to your Mother, much less in public.”

“But I wasn’t doing anything wrong. I was just here talking with Elizabeth and Spike.”

Elizabeth stood and smiled but I didn’t feel like giving them that much. I just raised an eyebrow and gave them a grin but kept my butt glued to the bench.

“Well thank you then for looking after Rupert. I hope he wasn’t that much trouble.” The woman said.

“Oh not at all. It was quiet nice talking to him.”

“Well we best be going. Rupert…”

The boy let out another frown in dismay before standing to take his mother’s hand. “Will I see you again Elizabeth?”

“You’ll never know,” she said with a smile.

We watched them walk away and I breathed out a sigh of relief. Well at least that ordeal was over.

“Now what is your problem Spike? You’ve been anxious ever since you came back from feeding. What happened?”

“I saw him again.”

“Him? Who’s him?”

“Back in Sunnydale… that man. I saw that hooded man again.”

“What did he want?”

“I’m not sure. He seemed to be talking riddles again and you came up. I don’t know what it is, but there’s just somethin’ about him that keeps on makin’ my senses go nuts.”

“Did he say anything else? Did he maybe talk about the markings on our body?”

“No. Like I said more riddles. Why can’t everybody just leave us alone?”

She leaned her head against my shoulder once more and let me wrap my arms around her.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=16245