Heavenly Dreams? by spufette
Summary: A Victorian Spuffy fic, fantasy for the most part. William and Elizabeth (Lizzy Summers) are preparing for their wedding ceremony in the late 1800's.
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 16589 Read: 10469 Published: 12/24/2005 Updated: 02/02/2006

1. William and Elizabeth by spufette

2. Chapter 2: 'Will and Lizzy' by spufette

3. Chapter 3: 'Heaven; In So Many Aspects' by spufette

4. Chapter 4: 'Dreams In Paradise; Nightmares In Hell' by spufette

5. Chapter 5: 'Spike And Buffy; Heaven Reconnected' by spufette

William and Elizabeth by spufette
Author's Notes:
This is a short, short story for me, something I've muddled in my mind since season 5 of BTVS.
Please know that there will be a major twist in the next and final chapter.
HEAVENLY DREAMS?




A Question: What is Heaven? Is it our reward for being good on earth; for doing our duty? Is it a haven we go to when our toil here on earth is finally finished? Is it a dream world we retreat to when our life on earth overwhelms us?

This fiction is something I’ve muddled around in my head since season 5 of BTVS. It’s completely AU and fantasy; but then again? Maybe it’s not. Please read it and give it a chance.

Thanks, spufette.


Summary: This is short fiction for me. It is more Wuffy (William/Buffy) then Spuffy in nature.

The timeline is 1880 and Elizabeth Anne Summers (okay, Buffy) is marrying William Randalph Hampton (okay, Spike). William is an Earl and Buffy is a Duchess in Victorian England. Elizabeth is eighteen-years of age and William is twenty-two; the Summers/Hampton families have arranged this match since the couple was mere children together.

Please stick with me on this one; it might turn out to be quite a surprise in the end?


Heavenly Dreams?


Chapter 1: ‘William and Elizabeth’


“You look radiant Miss Elizabeth,” the proud nanny, Margaret Walsh gushed at her charge. “You look just like an angel, Miss,” the older woman gushed, straightening her darling Lizzy’s wedding veil.

“Thank you, Maggie,” Buffy giggled girlishly. “Mama had this made special for me, Paris, as you well know!”

“It is nearly time, girl,” Elizabeth’s mother, Lady Joyce Summers, stated somberly as she joined her daughter and the nanny in the foyer of the grand church. “You have done your father and me proud Elizabeth,” Joyce murmured, brushing a lock of hair from her beautiful daughter’s cheek.

“I have seen William; he’s as nervous as a virgin bride on her wedding night,” Joyce chuckled gleefully. “Oh, sorry darling,” she muttered when Joyce noted Elizabeth and Maggie’s scandalized expressions.

“Oh come now, Lizzy, sweet,” Joyce grumbled busying herself by checking the last minute details of her only child’s wedding. “After tonight you certainly will not be a virgin and I have a feeling that you will take to the marital bed like I did! Enthusiastically!”

The mother grinned at her blushing daughter, wickedly and patted the eighteen pure white rose bouquet. Elizabeth’s bouquet was huge; made of roses, ivy and Queen Anne’s lace woven together to make an arrangement that was as pure as the bride.

“Mama,” Elizabeth whispered to her mother, suddenly a bit unnerved by this whole production. “I am a little frightened,” the bride mumbled in a shaky voice. “What if I am not what William ‘expects’ I mean tonight and…..”

“You will be fine, Lizzy luv,” Joyce interjected quickly. “William Hampton is a nobleman and a gentleman, Lizzy. He will be kind, patient and loving with you. Of that I am sure,” Joyce finished carefully.

“He better be,” Joyce muttered under her breath, “or I’ll have his balls on a silver platter!”

“What did you say, Mama?” Elizabeth asked curiously with wide green eyes. For some reason, her mother’s serious expression made Lizzy even more nervous.

“I said, dear, everything today and tonight will be perfect; right down to your gift from Auntie Jennifer; the silver platter!” Joyce covered herself the fastest way she knew how.

‘If William is too overzealous tonight with my daughter,' I do not know what I shall do,’ Joyce thought to herself with silent concern. ‘I do not think he will hurt my Lizzy, but he is a man and I am sure he is eager to…’

‘Meanwhile, in the groom’s dressing area…..’


“Dalton,” William Hampton snorted at his best friend and best man, “I look like a bloody ponce!” The groom shook his dark blond curly head as he studied himself in the huge mirror before him.

“William,” the serious Dalton began calmly, “you look rather dashing, I think. I know your Lizzy will think you are the most dashing man in the world. She already does, mate and that’s all that matters, really. Is it not?”

William chuckled softly in resignation. “Yeah, you’re right, Dalt. My Lizzy does love me, as I love her and I’m sure she’ll think I look like a Greek God or something in this get up. I just wish I could see without these bloody spectacles, at least during the ceremony. The damn things make me look like a boyish bank teller; not at all like a Baron.”

“You ‘are’ a banker, Will,” Dalton reminded his best friend with an affectionate punch to his arm. “There is certainly no shame in that, man. Especially since your father owns the bloody bank!”

“Right,” William sighed, “still, I’d rather be writing the next great novel. I’m blessed, that Lizzy supports me on all measures,” he added happily. “I am a lucky bloke, Dalt. To have my Elizabeth by my side,” he finished with a wide grin at his own reflection.

“Don’t I know it,” Dalton smiled reassuringly. “As for the novel? You’ll get to it, I know. Especially with lovely Elizabeth backing you on it. Your folks are smart people, Will, and so are the Summers. They saw a great match, years ago, between you and Elizabeth. It was a wise move on their parts to assure a happy match for you both.”

William smiled warmly, spectacles or not, and nodded happily. “I”ve loved Lizzy since I was a mere young git, Dalton,” he admitted freely. “From the first time I saw her at age nine, she was. She was having a snowball war with that bloody nitwit, Parker Abrams. My Lizzy was winning of course and I was just mesmerized, even then by the vision she was.”

He closed his eyes in memory of the first time he’d spied Elizabeth Summers. His golden goddess who was very soon be wife; taunting that idiot Abrams and his unruly friends.


‘Flashback…..’

“You are so very full of yourself Parker Abrams!” Elizabeth squealed in delight as she catapulted another snowball at her nemesis.

“And you are a beautiful, spoiled little brat, Elizabeth Summers!” Parker retorted, tossing a snowball of his own and hitting Lizzy right in her pretty forehead.

“There!” Abrams snorted arrogantly, “let that be a lesson Miss High and Mighty Summers. Someday I’m going to kiss you, Lizzy and make you mine,” Parker chuckled evilly.

“Hell will freeze over on that day, Parker Abrams,” Lizzy hissed as she threw another snowball. Her parting shot hit the snooty Lord Abrams right in the back of his upright back!

‘Not if ‘I’ get to her first, mate. I’ll make High and Mighty Miss Summers my wife before I’ll ever let you touch her Abrams,’ William had promised himself that historical day.


‘Present day…..


He had, of course, William had won out that day, through hard work, devotion and loyalty to Elizabeth Summers. Now, well within the next half hour or so, he would marry the woman of his dreams. It would prove to make him the happiest man on God’s green earth.

The ceremony had gone beautifully; without a hitch, even when William had stuttered ‘I do’ and Elizabeth had giggled in response.
To everyone present; all who witnessed the lovely wedding nuptials? The innocent nervousness of the bride and groom seemed a good omen that the marriage and the couple’s life together would prove to be a happy, joyous one.



A/N: Okay, so I decided to post this first part of my new story tonight, Christmas Eve. I was going to make it a one chapter fiction, but changed my mind to give a Christmas gift to the readers.

The next chapter will be a bit longer and it will definitely be the final chapter. I am going with my family on a much needed Holiday trip up to San Francisco on the 26th, but I hope to write and post the final chapter of this (and the next chapter of TKTHH) on Monday before we leave.

I can tell you this much about the next chapter…..there is a major twist in it!

Happy Holidays to everyone of you. Peace on Earth and to you and to those you love and cherish.

Thank you for reading and please review, spufette.
Chapter 2: 'Will and Lizzy' by spufette
Author's Notes:
I need to ask you readers of this fiction to please be patient with me. I am afraid you will have to suspend your usual sense of reality in the future plot line of this story. I hope you enjoy.
HEAVENLY DREAMS?


Disclaimer: All of the BTVS/ATS characters belong to Joss Whedon and Me, exclusively. I just like to take them out and play with them off and on!


A/N: I should have stated this in the first chapter, but I did not think of it until just now. I need to ask the readers of this fiction ‘Heavenly Dreams’ to please try and suspend their normal concept of reality. By the third chapter (which should be the final one) this story’s plot line will have turned and twisted in a great degree.
Okay, maybe it might four or five chapters or an epilogue? (I just can’t decide!)

Thanks, spufette.


Chapter 2: ‘Will and Lizzy’


Summary: Will and Lizzy are now husband and wife, unfortunately, I now have to face the sad task (for me anyway) of Lizzy/Buffy’s ‘first time’ and all. I am not good at sex scenes, much less the loss of virginity sex scenes (probably because I’m no spring chicken and my memories are a bit hazy?).

Anyway, bear with me, please and we’ll all try to get through this as gracefully as possible. I swear the next Spuffy fiction I begin? I’m going to make Buffy a prostitute in it so I don’t have to go through this writing torture!





Summers’ Manor was brightly lit up with thousands of candles, lights and decorated with even more flowers. Lively music for dancing filled the halls and rooms of the great manor as hundreds of animated guests reveled in the celebration for the happy couple; Lord William Hampton and Lady Elizabeth Summers-Hampton.

The Summers’ servants dashed madly about the huge house, serving the wedding guests and making sure that a good time was had by all. Only the finest champagne was poured for all the guests, even the younger ones and the wedding supper had been stupendous. No expense, financially or energy wise was spared for the union celebration of the Summers/Hampton families.

Lord Randalph Hampton, William’s father, sat next to Lord Hank Summers, watching his handsome son and beautiful daughter-in-law dance for the umpteenth time together. Hampton was a very proud, satisfied man indeed that fine London evening.

“Hank, we did it,” Randalph Hampton chuckled gleefully to his companion. Lord Summers. “We’ve accomplished our great coup and got those two together for life! They’re perfect for each other and can you imagine what our precious grandchildren will be like!”

Hank Summers laughed heartily with his good friend and now family member, Lord Hampton. “I’ve a feeling nature made this coup, Randalph,” Hank added with a loving smile at his beautiful daughter. His smile grew even larger when he saw how Lizzy laughed, coyly at something her groom whispered in her ear.

“Those two were meant for each other Randalph,” Hank finished with a pleased sigh. “I am so glad that our children ‘found’ each other and naturally gravitated towards each other. It seems their union was foretold in the stars!”


“You have been quite good to my son, Hank,” Lord Hampton murmured sincerely as he watched the newlyweds swirl about the great ball room. “I mean it man, truly,” he added with a wide grin. “This wedding and the reception that your lovely wife, Lady Summers and yourself have given our children? It is magnificent. Not to mention your gift of a honeymoon in Paris and Italy.”

“Thank you Randalph,” Lord Summers gushed happily. “Your gift to Elizabeth and William is nothing to sneeze at, surely. An exceptional first home in London? Lizzy cried from joy for two hours after you announced it to William and her.”

“Yes,” Lord Hampton chuckled gleefully. “Young Will hugged me and kissed his mother’s fair cheek when we told them. I am thrilled that the children find the townhouse we acquired for them acceptable.”

“Acceptable!” Hank Summers snorted, “you mean splendid. I mean it Randalph, it was a grand gift to start the youngsters. Convenient too, for William to see to his duties at your bank. Of course Lizzy’s mother and I are doubly pleased that our daughter and new son-in-law will be so close by both their families.”

Hank winked at his best friend, mischievously and slapped the larger man on his generous back. “I myself am praying that our children’s’ wedding night will produce more then just fond memories, eh Hampton!” Lord Summers laughed heartily and gave his friend a wicked grin.

“Too true, Summers,” Randalph guffawed in reply, “I’m praying for a grandchild, immediately. By the way Hank,” Lord Hampton stammered for a moment and lowered his deep voice.

“I hope you don’t think me out of line or any such thing,” Hampton continued in a conspiratorial voice. “I took the liberty of discussing some things with my son, earlier this morning. Had a bit of a chat with William about, you know, the wedding night and being considerate of Elizabeth’s feelings and all.”

“Not at all Randalph,” Hank sighed in relief. “Lady Joyce discussed the same thing with our daughter and I truly appreciate that you spoke with William. William is such a fine young man, best of family of course and I am sure he took your words to heart.”

“Tis time, I believe, to tactfully steer the happy couple to their wedding night?” Lord Hampton whispered lowly to Lord Summers. “I’ve had our driver, the Harris boy, cooling his heels by the front gate for hours. He’ll drive William and Lizzy out to our country place, Hampton Shires for the wedding night. Then he’s to report back to our home, here, immediately after.”

Hank Summers nodded in agreement and coughed politely, “yes, it is probably time for the children to retire to their first night together.” Lord Summers grinned wickedly and winked at his best friend, “the sooner the marriage begins; the sooner a beautiful grandchilde arrives, eh?”

“Yes and wouldn’t it be splendid if the children…..” Hampton chuckled heartily in response but changed the subject quickly.

“My wife, Lady Anabella, has secured her favorite maid, young Willow, and my man, Daniel Osbourne at the Shires. They’ve arranged everything there for William and Elizabeth so that the night will be perfect,” Hampton continued confidently.

“Of course, after Daniel has seen to William’s needs and all? I have given him strict orders to insure that he and Willow make themselves as scarce and unobvious as possible. They will stay in the connecting servants' quarters,” Randalph assured the bride’s father.

“Wonderful,” Lord Summers smiled benevolently. “Can’t thank you and your lovely wife enough for all you have done for my darling Lizzy.”


Elizabeth Summers-Hampton sat in the posh dressing area of her husband’s parents’ country home. It was beautiful in The Shires and Lizzy had loved it immensely, each time she and her own family had visited.

Willow, the red-haired personal maid of Lady Arabella Hampton was arranging Lizzy’s golden hair for her. Lizzy nervously fidgeted with the silver handled brush on the vanity table before her and scanned herself in the mirror with a critical eye.

“Sigh,” Lizzy well, sighed dramatically and quite out loud.

“What bothers you Miss, I mean Maam,” Willow asked quietly as she took up the brush and redid the bride’s lovely locks. “If I may,” the maid continued briskly, “is it because you’re a bit wound up about what tonight holds in store?”

Now, normally, Lizzy would not have indulged in such a personal conversation with someone else’s servant, but for some reason? She trusted the kind looking, sweet-faced maid of her new mother-in-laws.

“May I ask you something Willow,” the new Lady Hampton asked shyly. When the red headed maid nodded, Lizzy looked down at her anxious hands. She could not bring herself to look directly at the kind maid, so she just focused on her own slim hands and busied them with the tie of her gossamer white night dress.

“William has told me things,” Lizzy began carefully as she nervously straightened the transparent, filmy material of her bodice. “He says that you and Daniel Osbourne are paramours?” The blushing bride again could not look Willow in the face, but noted that the servant did not halt her steady brushing of her hair.

“We are,” Willow replied evenly, fluffing her temporary mistresses’ soft tresses. “You want to know, do you not, about the ‘first time’ and such, correct?”

“I do,” Lizzy sighed bashfully, her face was bright red and hot with a flush by now.

“It will hurt, at first, Maam,” Willow whispered with slightly pursed lips. “I won’t lie to you and tell you different, but then? It will be wonderful, I promise. It is different, when a man loves his woman, like Daniel loves me. Mr. William loves you so much Lady Elizabeth; that is apparent to everyone, truly.”

“I know,” Lizzy sighed again, deeply, “and I know it will hurt at first, but it is not that that vexes me so. I am a novice to this side of the physical love and I fear I will not be enough for my Will.”

Willow burst out into laughter, then halted immediately when she spied her charge’s wide green eyes in the mirror. “Oh, Lady Elizabeth,” the red head sighed, “like I said, when a man loves a woman, truly loves her? He will be patient and kind, understanding and careful with her feelings. I know Mr. William worships you and I’ve no doubt he will be a good husband in every way.”

“Thank you Willow,” Lizzy smiled sweetly up at the older girl. “I believe I see why my mother-in-law is so taken with you.”

“Lady Anabella commissioned me, years ago when I was a mere lass,” Willow chucked softly at the memory. “I was lucky to be taken in by such a fine family as the Hamptons. Lord and Lady Hampton have always been good to me and Daniel. For the past year they have turned a blind eye to our liaison, Danny’s and mine that is.”

“You are lucky Willow and so am I. I feel so much better now that we have talked,” Lizzy murmured as she smiled up at the maid. “Thank you for being most candid with me and I know you are right.”

William Hampton nervously paced back and forth in front of the massive bed in his parent’s country home bedroom. He had stripped down to his trousers, only, in consideration of Lizzy’s feelings. The young groom had no doubt that his virginal bride would be quite anxious about her first time, he certainly was. Even if he had been with women before that is.

Like all well-bred men of his time, William had been discreet in his sexual pursuits. He and his best friend, Dalton, had visited only the highest class whores, usually at Miss Cecily’s House, in London. However, the last time William had visited one of Miss Cecily’s girls had been over two years before his wedding day.

William had decided, once he and Lizzy’s engagement had become official, two years before, to abstain from fleshly pleasures with women. In fact, the thought of sexual trysts, even with well-heeled whores made William’s skin crawl. He considered it cheating on Lizzy and that would never do for William Hampton as he loved his fiance so very much.

So, for the past two years, which was saying a lot for a young bloke his age, William had not indulged in fleshly pleasure with women. Oh, he had given himself a good wank now and then in that time; always fantasizing about his beloved Lizzy; that sufficed for two years at least. Now, it was his wedding night and time for his all of his fantasies to be realized.

‘I wonder if Lady Joyce has spoken with her daughter about the first night?’ William thought to himself with a slight scowl. He took another sip of his brandy and hesitated by the foot of the huge, plush bed.

‘Oh surely a mother would speak with her only child, a daughter, about what to expect,’ he assured himself as he took a good long drink of the warm liquor. ‘My own father spoke with me and all; dear Lizzy’s mother must have explained certain aspects of the marriage bed, especially the first night in it and……’

William had always suspected that Elizabeth, his fiancé was quite a sensual being in all aspects. After they had become officially engaged, William had, through gentle yet persistent coaxing, convinced his fiancé to allow him to explore the physical side of their love.

Of course, Lizzy had always been fully clothed when she allowed Will to stroke her breasts, hips and thighs. However, Will had always detected a simmering passion, just beneath the surface in Lizzy. She would gasp and moan as he ‘pet’ her lovingly and would return his deep, passionate kisses at the same time. Her endearments and moans during their limited love-making almost neared his in desire.

Yes, Elizabeth, William had no doubt, would take to the marital bed with enthusiasm. He just needed to be cautious and understanding, at first, and allow her to gradually acclimate to the sensually physical side of their marriage. No, there was no doubt in William’s mind that his darling Lizzy would be a perfect ‘mate’ in every way possible.

His anxious reverie was interrupted by the soft, tentative knocking on the bedroom door. The one that connected to the large dressing area that his bride now occupied.

William did not hesitate; he set his brandy glass on the nearest table and hurried to the door. Once he opened the oaken door, his breath nearly escaped him when he saw the angelic vision before him.

Lizzy stood nervously in the doorway, her golden locks were loose and tumbled about her slim, nearly bare shoulders. The white nightgown his bride wore was a gossamer vision, lacy and nearly transparent.

“Lizzy,” Will gasped in awe, “you are beautiful Princess!”

“Thank you Will,” Lizzy murmured shyly, “you look pretty good yourself!” She gave him her shy, nervous little combination smile and pout before she dropped her eyes to the floor. Apparently, she was trying to focus on her white satin slippers to avoid her husband’s lustful gaze.

“Come Lizzy,” Will held out his strong hand and took her petite one in it. As he led her into the bedroom and the bed, he closed the connecting door, discreetly behind them.

“I love you, so much Lizzy,” Will murmur huskily once they had reached their destination of the grand bed. “You really do look like a beautiful vision, sweetling. I’m such a lucky, blessed man, Lizzy to have you and…..”

“Will, we need to talk,” Lizzy mumbled nervously, interrupting his heartfelt confessions, her voice barely a whisper. “I, well ‘we’ need to discuss some things before…..” She gazed at the silk and satin covered bed and a hot pink blush rose from her neck to her face.

“Oh, okay, of course,” Will stammered in confusion as he tried to mask his impatience and slight disappointment. His gorgeous bride was standing before him; nearly naked in that tantalizing nightie of hers. Lizzy’s ample breasts peeked through the material of her bodice; her visible shell pink nipples made William’s mouth water. All he wanted to do was to tear that lacy delight from Lizzy’s nubile body and make love to her all night long, but…..

“Let’s sit here.” Will suggested as he pointed to the foot of the bed and before Lizzy could say no, he sat quickly then pulled her down onto his lap.

Lizzy melted into her husband’s warm embrace and laid her golden head onto his strong shoulder. For a man who was not tall, even by the standards in those times? Will was built quite well; his chest was well defined, like a lightweight boxer. At least Lizzy thought so when she had seen him half-naked and waiting for her in the honeymoon bedroom. It had taken everything she had not to stare, open-mouthed at the beauty that was her groom’s pale but sturdy physique.

“What is it darling?” William whispered into his wife’s warm little ear. “Are you afraid because it might hurt you, to you know, make love with me?”

“No,” Lizzy snapped abruptly, “well, yes, a little I suppose. Oh, it is more then that dear,” she sighed heavily. She turned up her face so that her emerald green eyes met his ice blue gaze.

“Oh, Will, it is so much more then that. Please stay still and do not speak until I have finished,” she pleaded in her hushed tone.

William could only nod in response, unsure of just where this conversation was going. He hoped it did not continue too much longer or his desire just might wane. Too much talk could do that to a man, or so he supposed.

Will,” Lizzy whispered her eyes focused on her satin slippers once again. “I know you are far more experienced in these matters then I am,” she continued reluctantly. “No, do not deny or admit to it, it is not necessary,” she sighed.

“I only bring this up because I want you to understand how unsure I am of myself,” she stammered nervously, her fingers now fidgeted with her bow just below her breast line.

“I swear to you Lizzy,” Will murmured softly, “I have not sought out sexual pleasure with….”

“Please Will,” Lizzy shook her head soundly and placed her long slim fingers over his lips to quiet him. “I understand that men have needs; my mother explained a lot to me. I even believe that you have been true and faithful since we were officially affianced. I do,” she nodded firmly when he smiled tenderly at her.

“It is just that I am worried that I may not live up to your expectations, Will. What if I……” She could not have been more surprised then when he placed his own long, slim fingers over her pert little mouth.

“Stop right there Lizzy Hampton,” Will murmured huskily. “I know what you want to say and I understand. However, I think that I should tell ‘you’ something.”

“What?” Lizzy pouted slightly from under her husband’s fine fingers.

“I love you and you do know that, right?” He asked her earnestly.

“Yes,” she whispered breathily.

“Then know this too, Elizabeth,” he continued, all serious like. “Loving you the way I do,” he continued while his fingers gently played with the laces on her bodice. “Do you honestly believe that you would not be enough, as you so sweetly put it, for me?”

“Uhm,” Lizzy stuttered her gaze focused on his magnificent fingers and what they now did to her lace covered breasts. “I,” she murmured breathily, when he lowered his mouth to hers and kissed her, ever so lightly on the lips.

“Do you love me, my Lizzy? Do you trust me my immortal beloved?” William gazed soulfully into his wife’s bright green eyes.

“I do,” Lizzy sighed as she placed her hands around his neck and pulled his head forward. Before either of them could blink, their lips were again melded together in a searing kiss.

“Please Will, make love to me,” Lizzy moaned into her husband’s handsome mouth.

“Lay back then sweetheart,” he commanded gently as he laid her back on the bed. “Let me undress you,” he pleaded when she attempted to remove her own nightgown.

Lizzy let her hands and arms fall back on the bed and watched while her husband loosed the ties that held the front of her gown together. She sighed dreamily when Will lifted her little body up and pulled the entire nightgown up over her chest, shoulders and head.

“Oh God my sweet Lizzy,” Will whimpered in a lust filled tone. “You are the most beautiful creation I have ever seen.”

“You are beautiful too, Will,” Lizzy sighed as she boldly reached down between their bodies and undid the latches on his trousers. “You look like a painting, in an art book,” she purred, helping him pull the offending pants down his slim hips.

“My Lizzy, mine,” Will growled softly, tenderly tugging the pantaloons that his bride wore under her gown.

“Always yours,” Lizzy whispered lovingly when Will pulled her into a tight, breath stealing embrace. “And you are mine Will,” she added with a wicked little giggle.

“Always, for eternity,” he replied huskily. “Oh Lizzy,” he whimpered again as he buried his face between her warm, fair breasts. “I have never been so happy in my life my sweet,” he nearly whined between kisses on her milky skin.

“I have never been so happy or felt so alive either Will,” Lizzy countered tenderly. “Do you think that you could maybe kiss me, here,” she asked mischievously.

William nearly passed out from joy when his ‘innocent’ virginal bride pointed at her left breast and nipple. He almost chuckled, smugly, aloud; he always knew his darling Lizzy was a sensuous, sexual creature. Her attempt at breaking down her own inhibitions was more proof that he had been correct all along. It endeared her to him even more.

“I will never deny you anything my precious, precious Lizzy,” he cooed just before he took that pink, pert little bud into his hungry mouth.

“Oh, Will,” Lizzy moaned in pleasure. “If ‘this’ alone feels so wonderful? I am sure it will feel like Heaven when you……”

William halted his pleasant ministrations for a moment and gazed earnestly into his love’s green eyes. “I won’t lie to you Lizzy,” he whispered, almost apologetically. “It will hurt, at first,” he continued reluctantly. “But I swear I will make it better my love. I will make it feel like Heaven for you and myself. Heaven on earth my darling Lizzy. That’s what I want for both of us, together.”

“I know you will,” she purred sweetly, taking his head once again in her hands and guiding him back to her right breast this time. “I will always believe in you, Will. I will always trust and believe in you.”

A/N: I just had to stop here. I couldn’t go on anymore because this is a bit too Victorian for me. Sweet, but a bit sugary too. Okay, there were a couple of hints in this chapter as to what might happen in the plot line. Like I said, the plot will take a big twist and turn soon and I hope you readers will stick with it and understand where I’m going with this.

Oh, there will be more Spuffy loving in the next chapters, I promise. I just had to rid Buffy/Lizzy of that pesky little virginity thingy in a kind of misty, hazy manner.

Thanks for reading and please review, spufette.
Chapter 3: 'Heaven; In So Many Aspects' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you all for reading and for the lovely reviews I have gotten for this story.
A/N: A quick thanks to Cordykitten for directing me to a very helpful site! I really promise that there will just be two more chapters, tops, of this story!


Summary: The wedding night continues! William and Elizabeth go on their honeymoon to Rome and Paris. When they return home, there is a surprise to be found out!



Chapter 3: ‘Heaven; In So Many Aspects’


William Hampton, Lord of all that he surveyed, was in Heaven, literally. He lay next to his now not-so-blushing bride, their naked bodies so entangled together that it was difficult to tell where one began and the other ended.

Lizzy was giggling wickedly as she ran her fine soft hands up and down his sturdy back. She had, as William suspected she would, taken to the marital bed with gusto. The first time they had consummated their union, both of them were surprised to find that their love-making did not hurt Lizzy so much. That was truly a blessing because once his bride realized how much pleasure they could give each other, she insisted that they repeat the ‘act’ again and again through the night.

Frankly, William was completely, however delightedly, knackered out by his sweet Lizzy’s innate sensual nature. He loved her so much and it pleased him to no end to know that their sexual life together would be a happy and complete as their love for each other would be.

William found the strength to tickle his wife, gently of course, on her lush little bum and the back of her neck. Her neck was still pleasantly flushed from his ministrations to it a few moments earlier. While they embarked in their last round of love-making, William had administered at least two love bites on his bride’s lovely neck.

If his bites of possession had displeased or disgusted Lizzy in any way, she certainly had not displayed any such feelings to the matter. In fact, the new Mrs. William Hampton had been more then happy to receive his ‘marks’ on the pulse points of her sweet, fair neck. At least her moans of pleasure and delight seemed to indicate as much.

“You are a wanton little treasure Mrs. Hampton,” William chuckled deeply as he stroked Lizzy’s plump right breast.

“Good!” Lizzy quipped gleefully, sticking her little pink tongue out at him, affectionately. “I am glad I am a wanton, naughty creature Mr. Hampton, and I certainly hope you are not complaining,” she finished with another light-hearted giggle.

“Oh, not complaining at all Princess,” he murmured huskily, kissing her sweet plump lips, passionately. “I always suspected you would be a little firecracker in bed, sweet. Tis in your nature to be so ‘accommodating’ and 'passionate' in our marital bed, darling. Of course, I do bring out the wildness in you, I mean after all, sweetling, you do love me beyond words and…..”

“You are so full of yourself Lord Hampton,” Lizzy snorted ruefully, but then giggled again despite herself. “I like it though,” she added mischievously. “Especially when ‘I’ am so full of you.”

Lizzy began to giggle outrageously and tried to shimmy away from her handsome young husband’s embrace. William held fast though and pulled her back to his body, allowing her to ‘feel’ how her tart little words had hardened his cock yet again.

“I swear my sweet,” William growled lustily, “underneath that virginal, angelic-like exterior of yours? You ‘are’ a sensuous, naughty little demon through and through.”

“Now,” he snapped abruptly, “shall we take advantage of my renewed vigor and explore your wanton nature yet again?”

She rewarded him with a naughty giggle and pulled his strong, naked body even closer to hers. “We shall,” she burst out into a hearty laugh and boldly ran her well manicured finger nails down his taut, beautiful bum at the same time.

“Oh, Will,” Lizzy panted breathily as her husband thrust into her cunny with his renewed vigor. “That feels…..” He cut her confession off with a passionate kiss on her lips.

“Like Heaven on earth,” William finished for her once he broke away from her mouth, temporarily. He moaned and grunted heavily as he thrust into her sweet, wet little cunny with his hard cock.

“I…..” she groaned loud enough to match his own sounds. “I want to be on top,” she gasped hoarsely.

William immediately accommodated ‘her’ by flipping onto his back, successfully keeping their intimate contact together. Lizzy ended up atop her husband’s slick body, his hands tightly clenched about her slim hips and bum.

Lizzy raised her hips and slid her soaked cunny up, nearly off of Will’s long, slick cock. She then slowly slid back down onto it, all the way to the hilt. After doing this particularly pleasant move for a while and by clocking Will’s looks of ecstacy, Lizzy tried something different. Wildly rocking on William’s hips, his cock fully sheathed in her; Lizzy began a rythematic rotation movement, then back and forth and so on.

“Oh, Lizzy,” Will cried huskily, “that’s simply marvelous my sweet. Don’t stop, Lizzy, never stop, please,” he implored before he lifted his upper body up so that his mouth could her right breast in it.

“I will never, ever stop loving you Will,” Lizzy gasped between thrusts. “I will always……”

“Love you,” William again finished her sentence, but truly meant it for himself. “I love you Lizzy. I will always love you; even in my after life,” he cried as they both came together.

Later, after they had come down from their orgasms, Elizabeth lay in William’s strong arms and sighed in total contentment. She had meant what she had said earlier; she had never felt so alive in her entire existence.


‘Rome, Italy, early 1880’s’


“It is magnificent!” Lady Elizabeth Hampton gushed as she looked up at the wonder that was Michelangelo’s masterpiece. The Sistine Chapel, in Vatican City, was truly a marvel. More so, even then her husband had described it to be.

“Look, Lizzy,” William whispered in awe, “that is the 'Creation’, as if I have to tell ‘you’ that, eh?” He held his bride tightly and winked down at her, lovingly.

“Adam is beautiful,” Lizzy murmured reverently. “I cannot imagine how the Master managed to pull this all off,” she finished with a concentrated scowl.

“Well, he painted most of it on his back, on a scaffold, darling,” William informed her knowingly. “I believe he painted the ‘Creation’ panel first and worked out from there.” Then he frowned himself and stared down at Lizzy, a hurt expression in his beautiful blue eyes.

“You think Adam is beautiful, Princess? More beautiful then me?” He mumbled under his breath, trying not to let his insecurity show.

Elizabeth burst out into laughter, eliciting a reproachful look from their tour guide. She quickly got her laughter under control and snuggled deeply into her husband’s long arms.

“Yes, dear,” Lizzy giggled softly up at William. “Adam is beautiful but hardly as beautiful as you my love.”

William seemed appeased for the moment, but Lizzy would not let the matter drop at this. She tenderly pulled her man’s blond head down so that she could whisper in his warm left ear.

“You are truly much more beautiful then any man-made painting, my love,” she purred, grinning mischievously when William broke into a huge smile. “Besides,” she continued in her husky whisper, “you are definitely much more endowed here, then old Adam,” she slipped her hand discreetly atop his trouser clad erection.

“Lizzy,” William gasped, grinning in delight at his bride’s bold actions. “He will see,” he continued with a pout, looking at the tour guide who had seemed to disappear from sight.

“He is gone,” Lizzy giggled slyly, “and after this stop on today’s tour? I would like to be gone, too, to our villa room. I thought perhaps we could have an early, simple supper this evening Will. Then we can go to bed and……” she giggled again and brought William’s blushing face to hers and kissed his lush mouth, quickly.



A few days later, secluded in their honeymoon villa, William and Lizzy lazed about all that day. They had not even bothered to dress properly; deciding instead to wear their bed clothes and knickers.

William had acquired a wonderful easel in Rome; having forgotten to bring his with him. He did, however, remember to bring his drawing pencils and charcoal. This fine afternoon, their last one in Rome; William had coaxed his beautiful bride to ‘pose’ for him.

“I shall miss this magnificent city, Will,” Lizzy pouted momentarily as she tried not to shift from her pose too very much. “I shall love Paris, I am sure but……”

William poked his head out from behind his easel and stared affectionately at his wife. “Sit still, Princess,” he commanded her in his deep, gentle voice. “I want to draw you as Venus, the Goddess of Love,” he murmured, thoughtfully smudging one of his penciled lines.

“I am hardly the Goddess of Love, Will darling,” Lizzy burst out into her girlish giggle. “More the….”

“You are far more beautiful then Venus my sweet,” William mumbled as he gently bit his lower lip, somewhat nervously.

“Hmmmm,” Lizzy purred and tried her very best to sit still for the ‘master’ drawer that was her husband. “That is all very fine and well, Will,” she continued pertly, “but do I ‘have’ to expose my bare breasts for the drawing? I mean, you claim that this drawing is for our eyes only but…..”

“I promise, kitten,” he chuckled in reply, “only you and I will ever see this drawing. Pity though,” he added with another pout, “I believe it will be quite fine. Oh, and yes,” he laughed warmly, setting his charcoal pencil down and wiping his large hands on his art apron.

“You definitely ‘must’ bare your luscious titties, sweet.” William hurried to where his wife sat and took her in his arms. After kissing her passionately on the mouth, he pulled back his fair head and grinned at her. “Besides being more realistic; as far as capturing the essence of the Goddess of Love? I do enjoy seeing your naked, lovely titties exposed as much as possible.”

“Will!” Lizzy squealed, her laughter denied her look of shock. She batted at Will’s apron clad chest, playfully and scrunched up her pink mouth in her patent pretty pout.

“You are scandalous Lord Hampton!” She huffed in mock disdain. “I should not let you into our bed this night, just to punish you and…..”

“Like blood hell we’re not sleeping together tonight!” William roared like a lion, his jaw clenched tightly.

“Will,” she hissed lowly, successfully shushing him, “I was only playing with you, darling. Why would I punish myself by not having you with me in our warm bed?”

William calmed immediately and grinned down at his lovely bride. “You are a minx, Princess,” he sighed happily. “Thank God,” he added before kissing her twice more for good measure.


‘The Lourve, Paris, France, early 1880’s’


“I shall miss Paris, Will,” Lizzy murmured somewhat tearfully while she took comfort from her groom. “I know that we should be home in fair England, day after the next and all. However, I shall miss Paris as much as I have missed Rome,” she sniffed childishly.


“I know my darling,” Will cooed as he stroked his bride’s slim little arm with his left hand. He leaned down and placed a tender kiss on her golden head that lay on his shoulder at the moment.

“I shall miss it also,” he sighed heavily, “but look at it this way. When we return to London, everything will be in place in our new house. Think of all of the pleasure we shall take in beginning our life together; our own family together, in our cozy little home?”

“I know,” Lizzy sighed in reply, but she smiled lovingly at her handsome husband. Green eyes met blue and held each other in their loving gazes.

“Besides, sweetling,” William continued happily, “I believe that you and I shall be on our honeymoon for all eternity, shan’t we?”

“We shall darling,” Lizzy sighed again, but this time in contentment.


‘London, England, early 1880’s’


“I love our home, Will!” Lizzy squealed gleefully for the hundredth time in a week. “How can we ever repay your parents for this wonderful gift?”

“Our union is more then enough payment for my folks,” William hummed in contentment after he took his pipe from his mouth. “We are not the only deliriously happy ones about our marriage, Princess,” he nodded firmly. “Now, the only thing that could be more perfect for you and I, is the birth of our first child and……”

Lizzy halted her animated movements and shyly sidled up to where her husband sat on his favorite chair, his pipe comfortably between his teeth. She gently sat down on his sturdy lap and wrapped her arms about his neck, delighted when he sat his pipe on the table and embraced her, lovingly.

“Will,” Lizzy began in a shy, whispery voice. “I have something to tell you,” she continued breathily.

“What is it, Lizzy dear,” William asked, suddenly anxious when he noted the odd look in his wife’s emerald green eyes.

“I wanted to wait, to tell you, here, in our home when we were truly alone,” she continued, halting between every other word.

She looked deeply into her William’s heavenly blue eyes and smiled, lovingly.

“We are going to have a baby, Will,” she murmured softly. “I am with child, for certain and…..”

William did not let his wife finish her sentence; instead he leapt up, Lizzy still in his arms. He yelped with joy as he whirled them both about the parlour of their cozy little home.

The couple did not halt their joyful weeping; finish their celebration dance; or cease their wild laughter until late in the evening. By that time, they had completely missed their regular supper and instead, headed upstairs, Lizzy still encased in Will’s sturdy arms.

Their marital bed awaited them and along with the promise of an even brighter future together.



A/N: Okay, this thing has taken on a life of its own! I swore to myself I would only keep this at three chapters, max, and here we are, headed into a fourth!

Anyway, I hope this isn’t too sappy, the way I’m writing this plot line. It is Victorian England and all, so the language is a little unfamiliar to me. There was definitely another ‘hint’ in this chapter as to the future plotline. Actually, it was almost an anvil, really.

Thank you for reading and please review, I am a little unsure about this story. Thanks, spufette.
Chapter 4: 'Dreams In Paradise; Nightmares In Hell' by spufette
Author's Notes:
I hope you read and enjoy this chapter, it was very difficult for me to write.
Thanks,
spufette
HEAVENLY DREAMS?


Chapter 4: ‘Dreams In Paradise; Nightmares In Hell’


A/N: This is the chapter where the angst begins and hopefully, readers will begin to understand where this story is going? (I hope, I hope, I hope!)


Summary: William and Elizabeth continue their life of married bliss; with the joy of a child on the way. The chapter will skip through time (days; weeks and months) via little vignettes of the couple’s life together. The angst will come at the end of the chapter and will take the plot into Chapter 5.


Chapter 4:


All through his life of twenty-two years, William Hampton had been seen as a man of a most serious nature. He had never been a young man of much joviality; only on rare occasions would he even laugh out loud. His childhood had been a happy one, of course, since he was the only son of rich and important parents.

However, Lord William was usually most serious in nature and somber of mood. Even as a young boy, with his necessary spectacles and his mass of fair curls. He looked like the typical studious school boy, even when he had grown into a good-looking young man.

Now, however, everything had changed, completely in William’s life. He had his Lizzy, his beautiful, loving wife and the promise of new happy future; a child was on the way. Everything was perfect in William’s life, now, and he laughed, constantly, with a newfound giddiness brought by pure joy.


Right at the moment, as William pondered, again, his new found lease on life? He was laying next to his Lizzy; in their big bed. Both of them were pleasantly naked as new born babes.

“I am already getting fat,” Lizzy sighed, a pretty pout formed on her pert mouth. “Look at this,” she groaned as she pointed a slim finger at her puffy little tummy.

“You are not getting fat, Lizzy darling,” Will chuckled, “you’re just expanding a bit to make room for baby. I think you’re beautiful and even if you get big as an elephant? I shall still love you as much as always have.”

Will finished his heartfelt declaration to his wife by tickling her poofy, but adorable little tummy. All the while, he placed kitten kisses on her sweet face and pouty little mouth.

“You had better mister,” Lizzy giggled in reply, especially when her husband’s tickling became especially aggressive. Albeit quite a nice feeling on the soft flesh of her stomach and hips.

“Will, now stop it,” she cried gleefully. “We need to come to some conclusion about ‘these’ names for the baby!”

“Oh Lizzy,” Will laughed heartily, giving in to her wishes, and taking her in his arms. “We’ve ever so much time to come up with the baby’s name. There are months and months until…..”

“No Will,” Lizzy retorted with her most determined countenance which signaled she meant business. “Before we know it, our child will be here and the poor little thing will not have a perfect Christian name to be called.”

Lizzy pouted once again, causing Will to quit his protests and give in to her. She was probably right, anyway; Lizzy was always right, about everything. It was just one of the traits he adored in his wife.

“Now,” Lizzy snuggled deeper into Will’s embrace, “I demand that we name our first son ‘William’ of course,” she began evenly.

“No!” Will grunted in adamant protest. “No son of mine is going to go through his life with my poncy name!”

“I won’t have it Lizzy. Name him Henry or Hank for your dad; or even Randalph for mine. Bloody hell; name him Dalton for my best mate, but do not try and name my boy…..” William had worked himself up into a fine state by this time; his body was tense as a coil

“Oh calm down you big baby,” Lizzy giggled and slapped at Will’s strong chest playfully. “We will not name our son ‘William’ if that is what you wish!”

Will seemed placated by his wife’s verbal promise so he relaxed his body and grinned warmly at her. “Besides,” he continued mischievously, “I do believe this shall be a girl anyway. I hope so,” he sighed dreamily.

“Perhaps you are right,” Lizzy murmured, just as dreamily, “then her name shall be Aurora Joyce, just as we discussed?” She more asked then stated her choice. “I did kind of re-think the name of Aurora,” Lizzy murmured, her brows furrowed together in thought.

“I was thinking,” she continued sweetly, “of keeping the original concept of Aurora, but perhaps making it simpler. Such as Dawn Joyce? Same idea, just another form of the name?”

Lizzy glanced up at Will, coyly and was rewarded with a big, wide grin from her handsome husband.

“Of course, it’s perfect, sweetheart,” he chuckled, that deep, satisfied sound he made that Lizzy adored so.

‘And if it is a boy?’ Lizzy grinned to herself, ‘I shall see to it that his name ‘is’ William. Just you wait William Hampton. It is a perfectly beautiful name and will fit your son; the way it has always fit you, my love.’

{Some months later…..}


Christmas was in just two more days and Lizzy was beginning to really show her pregnancy. True to his word, Will found her more and more delightful; the bigger she got.

They were going to spend the holidays at Will’s parents’ country home. Hampton Shires had been the site of the couple’s wedding night and Lizzy insisted that they accept Lord and Lady Hampton’s invitation. Of course, Lord and Lady Summers, Lizzy’s folks, were invited also.

One morning, at the Shires, when Will and Lizzy were on their morning constitutional walk; they happened by the open barnyard.
A mama pig and a new baby piglet were lazing in the cold air, searching perhaps for a bit of an unusual sunny spot.

Lizzy stopped, stunned at the site; piglets were usually born in the spring and this little one’s existence was quite a rarity indeed. “Look at him,” she giggled as she pointed at the tubby, pink little pig. He followed his mama about, trying to catch hold of a bright pink teat to suckle.

“He is a rare one,” Will reply with a warm smile. His arm was linked in Lizzy’s, as usual, and he was truly in Heaven. Even here by the Shires barnyard wooden fence.

“Name him sweetheart,” Will ordered her gently. “You are so clever with names and I know me mum and dad haven’t taken the chance to. Please name him.”

“Well,” Lizzy began, giddily, “I think I shall name him Mr. Gordo.”

“Mr. Gordo, luv?” Will gave her a dubious look. “Where did you ever come up with that one?”

“I do not know, Will,” she giggled in reply and snuggled into his warm body. It truly was cold out this morning.

“I know that gordo is Latin for ‘fat’ or ‘large’ and for some reason,” she continued with a slight frown, “it just popped into my mind!”

“Well, Mr. Gordo it is, then,” Will chuckled in response while he placed his left hand on Lizzy’s now obvious tummy.

“And, how is our little Mr. or Miss Gordo this fine morning,” he murmured, affectionately tickling Lizzy’s said tummy through her heavy winter coat.

“I’ll have you know that ‘our’ baby is not going to be fat or large, William Hampton,” Lizzy snorted in mock hurt. “Our little boy or girl will have delicate, fine features; just like ours!” She began to giggle outrageously, causing Will to join in the reverie.

Yes, William Hampton’s life had come full circle, truly. He was a blessed man and naturally assumed he would be a blessed father of many children to come.

Christmas day came and went, like all Christmas days tend to do. Even with all the hoopla and drama that surrounded the holiday, it seemed to come and go too quickly for William and Elizabeth.

Will had given his Lizzy a beautiful gold chain with a magnificent, huge sapphire pendant to wear on it. He had also slipped perfectly matching sapphire earrings into the box as well.

Lizzy cried like a newborn baby herself when she opened that huge box to find the smaller one hidden inside. She had insisted that Will place the earrings and necklace on her himself. Which, he did of course.

For Will, Lizzy had scoured the bookstores of London to find an original, signed book by Charles Dickens. With Lady Anabella’s help, she had discovered a copy of Oliver Twist; a stroke of luck on her part.

There was also a set of blank, leather bound journals and fine quill pens for Will. Lizzy had carefully picked out the finest supplies to better aid her husband in his dream of writing.

William went completely gaga over the gifts and spent the better part of Christmas day pouring over the book and jotting notes down in the journal. He did break for the great feast, of course, and presented Lizzy with one more present: A lovely little Persian kitten, with a pink nose and blue eyes.

Lizzy was so beside herself with joy that she could barely eat a bite of the magnificent supper. All of her family, Will included insisted that she settle down and eat a hearty meal.

“The sprog needs its nourishment, Princess, and so do you,” Will had admonished her lovingly.


{A month or so more has passed…..}


“I so wish I could go ice-skating,” Lizzy Hampton grumbled under her breath as she eyed the inviting icy pond, wistfully.

“Now, darling,” Will began patiently. “You know that you must not do anything physical like that,” he tsked lovingly. “The doctor has been most adamant that you take it easy these last few months before the baby,” he added sternly.

“But, I should be so careful Will and the pond is so inviting! I miss it,” she countered stubbornly. “I know!” Lizzy suddenly brightened at her thought.

“You go ice-skating for me Will, please!” Lizzy clasped her husband’s arms and pleaded with him. “If you go, it will be as if I am out there too,” she finished on a high note.

“Oh, Lizzy,” Will groaned audibly. “I’ll look even more like a ponce then I already to,” he whined like a spoilt child.

“No, you do not look like a ponce, William Hampton,” Lizzy insisted in her most persuasive voice. “You are the most dashing looking man I have ever laid eyes one. I wish you would believe that about yourself, my love and…..”

“You really do think I am dashing, don’t you darling?” He asked hopefully, his tone was now quite light and hopeful.

“Yes, of course I do,” Lizzy mumbled impatiently eyeing the icy pond again.

“You are so bright and beautiful, Princess,” Will chuckled as he pulled her back into his arms. “In fact, you are truly effulgent,” he cried gleefully.

“Effulgent? What word is that, Will?” She asked curiously. “I do not think I have ever heard such a term.”

“That’s because I just thought of it,” Will smiled proudly as he took out his old ice skates from their bag. The ones that Lizzy had apparently snuck in there for just this surprise occasion.

“Yes, I will ice-skate, for you, my sweet,” he sighed in defeat. There was a definite smile of pleasure on his face, however, as he slipped on the skates and slid out onto the ice. Although he tried to concentrate on his ice skating; Will could only think of his lovely wife, just over there by the fence.

How he loved her, his Lizzy and how he always would. Even in his afterlife, William would always love his eternal wife.


{Another month goes by…..}


Dalton watched his best friend, William Hampton, as he doted on his beautiful wife Lizzy. Mrs. William Hampton was in the last, most noticeable time of her pregnancy, but Dalt had to admit it. William had been right; Lizzy Hampton was even more beautiful then before she become with child.

A constant, lovely rosy flush adorned the mother-to-be and even her obvious weight gain just seemed to emphasize Lizzy’s beauty. William had never looked so happy or even carefree in the entire time that Dalton had known his younger friend.

“The novel is coming along then, Will?” Dalton asked coyly as he took a sip of the brandy Lizzy had provided him. He had been invited to supper and afterwards, he and the happily married couple were in the study, having a nip of warming liquor.


“Oh, it’s bloody hopeless, Dalt,” William sighed in frustration. “I am stuck on a chapter; writers’ block they call it. Can’t seem to make the characters work in this one. I’m afraid I am a bloody awful novelist and…..”

“Well, I have read the manuscript, up to this chapter, Dalton and I believe it to be brilliant!” Lizzy offered with all of her sincerity.

“Your opinion is biased sweetling,” Will interject wistfully. “You just adore me so much that…..”

“Yes, tis true,” Lizzy giggled happily, something that caused her pink blush to expand down to her sleek neck. “I do adore you, my love, but I am honest to a fault and you know it. The manuscript is brilliant and I stand by that!”


William sat in his stuffy old private office at the bank, his head in his accounting books. He truly hated this job, but it was his line of work and that of his fathers. If he had to do this, to truly support his Lizzy and their children until perhaps? Until he did succeed in writing the great novel of the 19th Century!

Will’s pleasant thoughts were interrupted by his apprentice accountant, young Andrew Pryce. The usually slightly nervous young eighteen-year-old Andrew burst into William’s inner office; his light eyes wide with anxiousness.

“It’s your mother-in-law, Lord Hampton,” Andrew squealed in his antsy high tone. “She says for you to come to her home, immediately. It’s your lady, sir, she’s……”

Will did not wait for Andrew to finish his stammered sentence. He grabbed his coat and hat from the rack and flew out of the bank. On the street, he hailed the nearest hack and jumped into the passenger seat.

While he rode, anxiously berating the driver to go faster, William envisioned the worse possible scenarios in his mind. He knew, quite rightly, that if the baby was on it’s way? It was still a bit too early. Most first babies, or so he had been told, were a bit stubborn by nature and born later then expected.

As he tried to calm himself; telling his worried mind that he was overreacting? William felt the icy cold fingers of fear surround his rapidly beating heart. In his heart, if not his mind; William Hampton knew that his beloved wife was in trouble and it near killed him.

All the way to the Summers’ mansion, William cursed and swore, silently. In the mean time; he berated the driver, time and again, to speed things up. This was an emergency after all.


William’s worst fears were realized when he was met at his in-laws’ door by Hank Summers, his father-in-law. Hank’s face was the color of white chalk that William had used in child’s school.

“Will,” the man stammered, unsure obviously of how to tell his son-in-law of the complications.

“It’s Lizzy, isn’t it!” William exclaimed as he pushed past Hank and ran up the long staircase, taking two steps at a time.

“William!” Hank called from the bottom of the stairs, but the worried young husband ignored the older man.

When he reached Lizzy’s old childhood bedroom, Will burst into the room and gasped in horror at the sight that met his eyes.

His beautiful Lizzy, the only thing he ever truly wanted or needed in his entire life, lay on the massive bed. Her little body was barely covered, modestly, and William could see from where he stood that she was covered in sweat. That and blood; blood that seeped from her cunny, all over the fine white linen sheets below her.

Lizzy noted the minute her beloved had entered the room because she lifted her weary head. Wide, pained green eyes met fearful blue ones in a heated gaze.

“I am sorry, Will,” Lizzy whispered raspily, the pain and anguish evident in her usually light voice. “Something went wrong and…..”

Lady Joyce hurried to William and took him by the arm. She turned him to face her, away from her daughter’s pain filled stare.

“William,” Joyce began, her voice echoed the pain and ache of her only daughter’s. “I am sorry, Will,” the mother continued, trying to fight back tears. “It was all so sudden,” she sobbed, unable to control her own anguish.

“Lizzy came for tea,” Joyce tried to explain to William, between sobs. “Everything was fine and then suddenly, Lizzy’s expression went blank and she seemed to lose connection to this world. She cried out, briefly and clutched her stomach and…..”

“The baby?” William rasped hoarsely. “Where is the baby?” He asked his mother-in-law, though he somehow already knew the painful, horrific answer.

“She…” Joyce began carefully, then broke down into sobs.

Margaret, who had steadfastly stood by her sweet Lizzy’s side during the whole ordeal, stumbled over to Mr. William and Lady Joyce.

“Twas a girl childe, Lord Hampton,” Maggie whispered in a tear-stained voice. “The poor little lass, her heart stopped beating, I believe while she was still in her mum’s frail little body. We tried, Mr. William, truly. Lord Summers went right away for Doctor Benjamin, he’s downstairs giving orders to his nurses. He says that your wife is in grave danger and…..”

As if on cue, Dr. Benjamin reentered the large bedroom, a look of sadness on his fine chiseled face. The medical man gave William a look of pity and that was when he knew. William knew that not only would he lose his child, but that he was to lose his beloved wife also.

“I think you should join Lord Summers, downstairs, Lord Hampton,” the doctor mumbled in his best bedside manner. “Tis no place for a man at this time and we’ll….”

“Let me go to her, please,” William whimpered, pushing past the doctor and his mother-in-law.

“Lizzy,” he murmured softly, taking his wife’s petite hand in his. “Lizzy, I love you,” he choked on his own words, trying not to cry in front of ‘her’ or the others.

“I know, Will,” she sighed wearily as she tried to squeeze his hand with hers. “I have never doubted, for one moment that you have loved me beyond reason. I have loved you, too, thusly. The only time I have ever truly felt alive, Will, was when I was in your presence.”

“M…me, t...too,” William choked out, finally allowing his own tears to fall down his cheeks and land on hers.

“William,” Joyce murmured softly, tapping his shoulder gently. “We best go now,” she commanded tenderly. “It is in God’s hands and the doctor’s now and we shall only be in the way.”

William nodded, wiped his tears and kissed his wife’s dear mouth. He reluctantly allowed his mother-in-law to lead him from the room, although he left, walking backwards, gazing at his beautiful wife as he did.

“Make sure he has a good slug of whisky,” Dr. Benjamin ordered Lady Joyce in a quiet voice. “I pray he won’t need it, but I fear he will.”


William Hampton sat in the parlour of his in-laws fine home, his head in his large hands. He was not aware of just how long he had sat, here, on their fine divan, whisky glass in one hand, cigarette in the other. It must have been hours, he surmised, as his own parents, Lord and Lady Hampton had arrived and so had Dalton, his best friend.

In the corner of the plush parlour, Dalton stood talking to Lord Randalph Hampton; his boyish voice hushed in whisper. William could hear snippets of the conversation:

‘Thank you, Lord Hampton, for thinking of me,” Dalton mumbled nervously as he watched his grief stricken friend on the divan. “I certainly am aggrieved at the loss of William’s child; only hope that Elizabeth can be spared and…..”

Lord Randalph put a finger to his lips to shush the well-meaning account, Dalton. He shook his tired head and glanced at his emotionally suffering only son who sat on the divan, drinking whisky to hopefully numb his pain.

Dalton followed the Lord’s gaze and sighed heavily, then suddenly changed the painful subject.

“I noticed the most unusual trio of people, just at the alley, nearest Lord Summers neighbor’s far side, me Lord,” Dalton stammered uncomfortably. “Twas an odd sight, truly,” he continued, his dark brows furrowed in concentration.

“There was a large man, rough and dark-haired, very brooding I felt,” he added thoughtfully. “A young woman, small and blond held his arm and another female, quite tall and raven-haired held hers. They watched me come to this house and I guess I assumed that they were servants or something. Do you know? Does Lord and Lady Summers have such a mysterious set of servants here?”

“Not that I know of Dalton,” Lord Hampton sighed sadly. “They are probably common street trash, come to gloat at the unhappiness of those of us who are better off in life. Unhappy news travels so quickly these days,” he sighed again and shook his head.


William did not have to see the doctor’s sorrowful expression; nor hear his words of sincere regret. Lord Hampton could hear the soft sobbing of his mother-in-law and his own mum, coming from the bottom of the grand staircase.

His own anguished wails drowned out the cries of his family and servants in the Summers' home.

“William,” Lord Randalph came to stand by his only child. The older man reached out and placed his large hand on William’s shoulder, in a gesture of futile comfort. “You need to be strong now son,” Randalph choked, his own anguish too great to hide.

William raised his head from his hands and looked at his father through bleary, bloodshot eyes. He pulled his shoulder from his father’s hand and stood up slowly from the divan.

“I need to see her,” he rasped in a foreign, harsh voice that his father had never heard from him before.

“I do not think that is a good idea, Will,” Lady Anabella hurried to her son’s side and tried to take him in her arms. William pushed away from his mother and strode past her, just making it to the staircase when Dr. Benjamin blocked his way.

“No, Lord Hampton,” the good doctor murmured in his most reverent, hushed voice. “Twill do no good and tis best to remember your beautiful lady as she was in life.” Doctor Benjamin clasped Will’s arm and held him fast.

Lord Randalph had shaken off his son’s rejections and rushed to the staircase bottom. His duty now was to his son and to attempt to keep the grief stricken lad from seeing his dead wife’s inert body.

Dalton soon followed, reluctantly, feeling it was his duty, also, to help his friend in the time of his great loss.

“Have some whisky, Will,” Dalton ordered gently. “Twill do you good to drink until you pass out, mate. Make the pain a bit duller and…..”

“Let me go,” William growled hoarsely as he flung both of the strong men’s hands from his body. “Lizzy needs me,” he choked out before trying to push up the stairs.

“Please Will,” Lady Anabella begged her son, through her own pained sobs. “We have sent for Father Montgomery, to give comfort. He should be here, any time now and we feel it is best if…..”



“Fuck Father Caleb Montgomery,” Will hissed through gritted teeth. He glared at his father with something near contempt as he said the obscenity.

“William!” Lord Hampton gasped as he watched his wife turn a deathly pale white. “I know you are beside yourself with grief, son, but you will not speak like that in front of ladies!”


As if on cue, a knock at the door sent a random servant scurrying to answer it. Father Caleb Montgomery, pious, pillar of the local sect of the Church of England entered the Summers’ home. The holy man wore a look of sad resignation, but William did not care. He did not want that pompous, arrogant fool to touch his Lizzy, even in death.

“You go anywhere near my wife, preacher man,” William snarled hatefully, “and I’ll rip your fucking head off!”

“William, old man,” Dalton whimpered as he took hold of his friend’s arm again. “Father Caleb only wants to help you man. Get hold of yourself and allow him to pray over your wonderful Elizabeth. It is in God’s hands now and…..”

William threw Dalton’s small hand from his arm and spun to face the preacher; his mother and the Joyce Summers once again.

“In God’s hands now, is it? Well, mother? Is it in God’s hands now? I ask you; did God give me my Elizabeth; my light and my salvation? Just to give me the wonderful gift of my Lizzy’s love and then cruelly take it away from me?” William’s voice was broken and strained; harsh and hard, something no one could expect from the usually gentle young man.

No one in the room spoke, not even Father Montgomery. Only soft sobs and sighs could be heard in the huge parlour of the Summers’ home.

“Well, I’ll tell you this, preacher man; father and mother; all of you weak, useless excuses for human beings. Take your God and his so called comfort and fucking choke on it. All of you! I defy God and I deny Him; from this day forth!” William roared wildly at the shocked faces that surrounded him.

“He took the only woman I loved, or will ever truly love again!” William wailed, his head thrown back as he roared his defiance to God and man.

Before anyone could react, William rushed to the front door and ran out of it.

“I’ll go after him,” Dalton cried as he hurried after his grief stricken best friend.

Dalton saw William run into the alley where he had spied those odd looking people earlier. Apparently, the man and two mysterious females had taken their leave, thankfully.

Without thought or fear for himself, the small, lithe accountant rushed after his best friend in blind desperation. He would never know, until much later; the fateful path he and William Hampton had taken that horrible night.

William rushed down the long black alley way. He could hear Dalton’s desperate cries to him from not far behind. Never looking back, William stumbled, drunkenly, down the dank alley; leading himself and his best friend into the arms of darkness and death.


A/N: Okay, that was a tough one for me; I am beginning to think I write sex scenes better then angst scenes!

The next chapter is the one where you readers will have to suspend belief in reality (just a bit! LOL) and stick with me, please.

I will give you a bit of a hint of hope here: The next chapter is tentively entitled ‘Spike and Buffy’!

Thank you for reading and please review. All advice, etc. is appreciated, spufette.
Chapter 5: 'Spike And Buffy; Heaven Reconnected' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you for reading this fiction. I loved the reviews and all of you guys!
HEAVENLY DREAMS?


Chapter 5:


A/N: The beginning of this chapter will start somewhat on canon with the first three episodes of BTVS season 6. ‘Bargaining 1 and 2’ will be briefly touched on. The chapter will end during what was entitled ‘After Life’ and go completely off canon from the show.

Oh, Giles is very much still in Sunnydale and will prove to come in handy later in the chapter. Dawn is very important in this story, so she is also in this chapter however, Buffy’s reactions to ‘everyone’ will be very different then in the show.


Summary: Buffy ‘wakes’ up in a most macabre, precarious situation. She will quickly surmise where she is, why and what has happened. I promise that our heroine will immediately set out to rectify the situation and find her loved ones, therefore her heaven, once again.

If you caught a hint I provided in a previous chapter (William said the line) you may already know where this final chapter of the fiction is going.

Oh, and guys…I’m not going to even try and get through memory losses, etc., as part of the plot line. That’s just too difficult for me and I promised to end this fiction with this chapter.

Thanks, spufette.


Chapter 5: ‘Spike And Buffy; Heaven Reconnected’


Buffy ‘woke’ up with a vicious gasp; which proved to be more then a reaction of shock. It was an actual attempt at drawing a much needed breath into her long dormant lungs.

When she took her first breath of ‘life’ she thrust her head up with such force that it struck the hard, apparently solid wooden ceiling above her. Immediately, Buffy Anne Summers knew exactly where she was and the realization horrified her.

“Oh, God,” she groaned in terror, “I’ve been brought back.” The thought that she, the one and only slayer of all that was evil, had been pulled back to real life? That could only mean: Sunnydale, California circa 2001 and the reality of it chilled her now warming blood to the bone.

To top it off, she had awoken in her own coffin; probably covered in the blessed dirt of her own grave.

‘Not Buffy,’ she thought in her fog addled mind. ‘I’m Lizzy now; not Buffy anymore. I belong in London, with my William and our child…’

“Oh God, Willow, Tara, Xander?” Buffy wailed in desperation, “What the bloody hell have you done!”


Without missing a heartbeat, from a heart that had just kicked back in, moments before…..Buffy began to pound at the claustrophobic wooden top of her tomb. Her mission was more then clear; break out of her coffin; claw her way out of her own grave; and most importantly? Seek out her ‘William’ and Dawn.

By some miracle; or perhaps an act of God, Buffy managed to dig upwards. She had clawed her way out of the massive mound of dirt that covered her own grave.

Once she’d reached the outside world, Buffy burst through the last layer of dirt and pulled herself out of the fresh hole. Without benefit of a mirror, Buffy was well aware that she was a filthy mess; covered with dirt and mud.

‘Mud,’ her hazy brain finally registered as she looked up into the dark, black clouded sky above her. A crack of thunder boomed and a bolt of lightening cracked on the horizon. This did not so much frighten Buffy as it reassured her.

“When it rains in California; thank God it pours,” she cried out, defiantly, into the darkness.

As the hard driven rain beat down upon Buffy’s grimy body and matted hair, she threw back her head in welcome of the cleansing water. It took just moments for the icy, harsh rain to wash the filth from Buffy’s hair and body.


A hour or so later; on the other side of Sunnydale, a major turf war was going on. Some random vampire biker gang (probably on PCP) had ridden into town and tried to take out the slayer and her gang.

They had been met by Willow, Spike, Giles, Xander, Tara, Dawn and Anya (God help us all) who had brought along the reprogrammed bot.

Willow had spent weeks, after Buffy’s untimely death, in reconstructing the poor little ‘toaster that could’ or somewhat. This was so the Buffy bot could give the impression that the real slayer was still living.

Although no one had asked, Spike had spent the summer after his one true love’s death, taking care of Dawn and helping the Scoobies. Sadly, only Dawn and Tara had thought to thank the heartbroken vampire.

Sometime, during the battle with the biker vamps, Dawn had suddenly taken off from the others. Spike sent Tara after Buffy’s little sister, so he could stay and help the others run the violent, rowdy group of fanged bikers out of Sunnydale.

Dawn ran, like a woman possessed, back to her own home on Revello Drive. She had seen something; or rather heard something that the doomed little bot had said.

“The ‘other’ Buffy,” the bot had stated evenly, “she’s back. She’s here.” That had been just a split second before some bikers with chains had managed to capture and tie up the poor, brave Buffy bot. They then pulled the chains in four different directions, pulling the mechanical replica into pieces.

Only Dawn had heard what the Buffy bot had said before she was completely destroyed before the gang’s very eyes. That’s when Spike had ordered Tara chase after Dawn, knowing that the other Scoobies would never survive without him.

Dawn raced to the house on Revello, her feet unable to move as fast as she really wanted them to. When she got to the front yard of the Summers’ home, the teen knew right away that it was true. What the bot had said that is.

The front door of her house was completely pulled off the hinges; the oaken door lay, toppled onto the front porch. No one, human or otherwise, could have ripped the door from the wall and entered that blessed domain. No one, but Buffy Summers herself.

Dawn Summers eagerly rushed, unafraid, into the house; secure in the knowledge (at least in her heart) of who exactly awaited her inside.

Once inside the home, Dawn frantically began to check, room by room, for her newly arisen sister. She did not have to look far.

Buffy stood, apparently soaked to the bone from the downpour, her back to Dawn, in the living room. Just in front of the great brick fireplace that their father had built for their dead mother.

“Buffy,” Dawn called to her sister; her voice barely a whisper that anyone could hear. Dawn stood stock still, frozen in tracks and suddenly unsure of this whole surprising turn of events.

Buffy’s soaked body tensed, momentarily, before she turned and faced the dear face she had somehow missed so much.

“Dawnie?” Buffy murmured softly as she took a tentative step towards the frightened girl.

“Don’t you know me, Buffy,” Dawn whimpered sadly, her blue eyed gaze never left her sister’s green one. “I’m Dawn, you sister, remember?”

‘How could I not know you, darling Dawn,’ Buffy wondered inwardly. ‘Your eyes are mirrors of your father’s beautiful blue….


“Sister…” is all Buffy could say as she took another step towards the confused girl. The newly risen blond stopped in her tracks, suddenly and began to shake her head slowly.

“Not my sister,” Buffy stammered, her blond head tilted to one side. “Never my ‘sister’ not really,” she finished evenly.

Dawn looked terrified by her beloved sister’s last statement, and she slowly began to back up to the front door. She ran right into Tara, who had finally caught up with her.

“Oh, Tara,” Dawn whined, tears sliding down her cheek. “Something’s wrong. Buffy, she’s scaring me; as if she doesn’t even know me and…..”

“Dawn, honey, it’s all right,” Tara murmured in her soft, cool voice. “Let me talk to Buffy, okay? I’ll make this right, I promise. Willow probably pulled Buffy out of a hell dimension and she’s just disoriented right.”

“Hell dimension!” Buffy cried in disbelief. “Is that what you think? I was in some fucking hell dimension!” She stormed over to where the two young women stood, stopping just before Dawn. “God, you’re all so full of yourselves. Selfish!” Buffy roared at Tara, who fell back from the enraged woman.

“I was not in a hell dimension, Tara!” Buffy screamed like a banshee. “I was in Heaven, my own private Heaven and your bitch of a girlfriend took it upon herself to pull me out!”

Buffy glared at Tara, who shrunk back in fear, then turned and lovingly gazed into Dawn’s fearful blue eyes. Poor Dawnie trembled like a leaf and Buffy reached out, slowly, to gently cup the girl’s damp right cheek.

“Where is Will…..Spike, Dawnie?” Buffy asked her in a most soothing tone. “Where is he, Dawn?”

At that moment, three very excited people burst into the Summers’ house. Xander led the way, with Willow and Anya right behind them.

Buffy reared back from the approaching trio; then grasped Dawn and pulled her behind her own back, protectively. The slayer clenched her fists and raised her arms in front of her.

“Don’t come near us!” Buffy screamed at the shocked group in front of her. “I’ll kill everyone of you if you touch either Dawnie or me,” she finished with a rough, guttural growl. “I don’t trust any of you and I never will again,” she hissed protectively.

“Buff, please,” Xander stammered in stunned confusion. “It’s us, your friends. We saved you; pulled you back from hell and…..”

“Jesus! Is everybody here on drugs or something!” Buffy screamed maniacally.

“Xander, I wouldn’t go there if I was you,” Tara warned the visibly upset young man. “It seems that when ‘we’ did the bring back spell, it wasn’t hell that Buffy was trapped in.”

“Bingo,” Buffy hissed as she backed up, pushing Dawn, gently, further from her so called friends.

“How dare you,” Buffy continued with menace. “Who the fuck do you all think you are? What right do any of ‘you’ have to play God and bring me back from anywhere?

“We only wanted you back, with us where you belong,” Willow whimpered; her gray eyes were wide with hurt and anger.

“I don’t belong here anymore,” Buffy hissed, relaxing her stance just a little. “I wasn’t in hell guys,” she continued somewhat sadly, “I don’t know. Maybe I was in Heaven or something. I only know that I was somewhere where I was loved; protected and safe. I was at rest and happy, Willow,” she added sorrowfully. “I was done.”

“Oh, Buffy,” Willow cried mournfully before she threw her hands over her face and began to sob. “I tho…thought that…” the red-head stuttered as tears streamed down her pale cheeks.

“You didn’t think at all, Willow!” Buffy roared in reply. “You were too busy playing all powerful goddess, to think. Weren’t you?” She backed Dawn up further when she saw Xander take another step closer to her.

“Dawn was miserable without you, Buffy,” Willow whimpered. “We all were. Even Spike, he…..”

“Where is Spike?” Buffy snapped abruptly, through narrowed eyes. “I want to see Spike!” She snapped at the others.

“He’s with Giles, finishing off some biker vampires,” Anya offered anxiously.

“He’s been moping around all summer, taking care of Dawn and all.” Xander grumbled. “Trying to ingratiate himself with Dawn and us. I guess his obsession followed you even into the grave and…..” Xander was cut off by Buffy’s loud snarl.

“Of course he took care of Dawn,” Buffy replied with a contemptuous snort. “He promised he would take care of her; my daughter!”

“Daughter!” Willow gasped, her gray eyes full of remorse and confusion. “Oh, Tara,” the girl cried in grief, “Buffy came back all wrong. She’s confused and….”

“Not confused,” Buffy growled as she wrapped her strong arms around Dawn’s shaking body. “I’ve never been so non-confused or clear-thinking in my entire miserable existence in ‘this’ world!”


“Buffy, please,” Willow whined meekly; she stepped a tad too close to the slayer and her child. At least for Buffy’s taste.

“Stay back!” Buffy commanded harshly. “I swear to God, Willow, if you come one step closer…”

“Buffy, dear. I…..” Rupert Giles’ low, soothing voice resonated from the front door of the Summers’ home. “Oh, dear Lord, Buffy,” he choked out; as emotionally confused tears fell down his cheeks.

“Giles,” Buffy whispered reverently as she motioned for her watcher to come to her.

Giles hurried to clasp his slayer in his arms; clinging to her tightly, his head buried into her neck. “Oh, my dear, dear girl. I am so sorry,” Rupert chanted like a mantra. “I told them, all of them, not to do this abomination. Said you were at peace, finally, no matter how much we were hurting,” he choked out in a strangled voice.

“I know,” Buffy whispered lovingly; her free hand stroked the older man’s head, lovingly.

“It’s all right, Giles,” Buffy cooed tenderly. “But, where’s Spike,” she asked the trembling man in her arms. “I need to see him,” she explained quietly. “Please, tell me where Spike is.”

“He stayed, at the battle scene,” Giles explained quickly. His blue eyes were wide and child-like, as if the girl in front of him was some kind of a vision or his imagination.

“Spike told me to come back here; he said that I was needed here. Said he’d be along soon, Buffy. He’s all right, you know, really. Shocked me, really; all summer and such. Took care of Dawn and…..” Giles trailed off and began to weep, uncontrollably.

“I know he did,” Buffy murmured in an unusually hushed voice. “But, he would, now wouldn’t he? After all, Dawn belongs to me and Spike; she is our child. You know that, now, don’t you?”

Giles looked completely shocked, for a moment or two, then sighed deeply and shook his head.

‘Is he grayer then he used to be,’ Buffy asked herself for some reason. ‘He’s aged so,’ she realized when she took a really good look at the man who was her surrogate father.

“I’d hoped that perhaps you weren’t really ‘gone’ at all,” Giles mumbled guiltily. “Thought maybe you’d gone to a better place, not Heaven really, but maybe…..”


“What the fuck is going on here!” Xander screeched, unable to hold his tongue any longer. “Dawn is Buffy’s sister, not her kid and Spike? What the fuck does Spike have to do with anything?”

“Everything!” Buffy growled at Xander, who also shrank back from her. “Spike has everything to do with this,” she spat angrily at the group she once thought of as friends of hers.

Spike rushed down Revello Drive, to his slayer’s house. The battle was won, with the biker vampires at least. He had hated sending poor Glinda after Dawn, but God knows, the others never would have made it if he’d abandoned them to the mercy (or lack thereof) of the bikers.

‘Lights are on,’ Spike assured himself in relief when he saw the brightly lit house at 1630 Revello Drive. Spike sauntered up the front pathway to the house he had come to feel was his own. Even if the ‘others’ did not accept him, not really? He felt at home here; the place his Buffy had grown up and….

When he hit the first step of the front porch, Spike knew something was different. At least different then it had been in the last three months or more. There was a scent in the air; one he recognized in his heart, soul and his mind. A scent; ‘her’ scent that had never really dissipated from this hallowed place. Ever since Buffy had died; some months before. ‘She’ was here; his love; his salvation and his light.

“Elizabeth,” Spike murmured reverently as he stumbled up to the front door. “Buffy…..Lizzy,” he cried in joyful disbelief.

Suddenly, all of the last one-hundred and twenty years seemed to fall away like crumbling rock. As if the horrific, evil things Spike had done in those years had completely disappeared and he was absolved from all of them. Everything else in the world was a miniscule nothing compared to this momentous moment in time when he, William Hampton, had found his soul mate again.

‘She’ was here; his light and salvation; his Elizabeth. No matter what name she went by, or what century they found each other in? Spike knew, in his missing soul, that they would be together again. His wife; his soul mate was back and soon Spike would hold her in his arms; as the human he had been and still somewhat was would. William’s joyous voice cried deep inside Spike, even as his demon screamed to claim what was his.

Spike, after all of the years of loneliness and aching misery, had finally found ‘her’ the one person he’d searched for, endlessly. For an eternity he would have searched (it had seemed like an eternity to him) and now he had found her.

With slow, deliberate steps, Spike walked into the open front door of the Summers’ home. His unbeating heart suddenly felt like it was once again beating. He ignored the shocked, hateful glares of the whelp, Xander and his demon bitch. The red-haired witch looked as if she was going to throw up, but her girl, Glinda gave Spike a warm, understanding smile.

Even old Rupert smiled at the vampire, almost fucking affectionately. This confused Spike, momentarily, but he ignored all the others. Everyone except Elizabeth that is. She stood before him in all of her golden glory.

“Elizabeth,” Spike/William murmured as he held out his arms to the woman he’d thought he had lost over a hundred years ago. His own eyes could not believe the angelic sight before him; his Heaven on earth was here, finally, back with him and where she belonged.

“Will,” Buffy/Elizabeth whispered as she held out her own arms to him.

The vampire and newly arisen slayer began to move towards each other, slowly. It was if time had been suspended and nothing had changed in the last one-hundred and twenty years.

Buffy hesitated, for just a fraction of a second before she threw herself into her love’s arms. After all, this act in itself should have been the easiest, most natural act she could perform.

Spike clutched his ‘mate’ in his strong arms; unable to hold back the tears of joy that streamed down his pale cheeks. He had survived, for over a century, just to arrive at this moment in his after life.

“Elizabeth,” Spike murmured hoarsely, the emotion in his voice sent a shiver of familiar pleasure through Buffy’s bone-chilled body. “Sweetling, you’re all wet and cold,” Spike mumbled as he gazed into those beloved green eyes he had missed so.

“Doesn’t matter,” Buffy whispered lovingly in his ear, “you’re here, with me; with our daughter. Nothing could ever…..”

“Oh, Princess,” Spike rasped as he broke down and began to sob in earnest. “I’ve missed you so much; searched for you, for over a century of time. I love you,” he finished in a most reverent tone.

“I love you,” Buffy replied sincerely. Her damp face lit up when William kissed her mouth, somewhat chastely for her taste, but oh well.


“What the fuck is going on here!” Xander bellowed from behind the reunited slayer and her vampire. “Giles, do something about this!” He ordered the watcher, who seemed mesmerized by his slayer and her love’s interactions with each other.

“I think I might be able to explain,” Rupert Giles stammered hesitantly. “I think…..”

“You think!” Xander roared at the poor befuddled older man. “Quit thinking and start staking! This fucking demon has his clammy hands all over ‘our’ Buffy!”

Xander took a step closer to Spike and Buffy, but Tara grabbed his arm and held him fast. The blond witch shook her head and pointed at the happy couple.

“No, Xander,” Tara murmured gently, “look at them. They belong together; to each other,” she admonished the stunned Xander. “No one can come between them; not anymore,” Tara added wisely.

“Mine,” Spike whispered hoarsely as he nuzzled his cool lips into Buffy’s equally cool neck. He licked her sleek neck then nipped at the flesh, possessively.

“Always,” Buffy replied; she buried her mouth into Spike’s pale neck and kissed him lightly.

“Mine,” Buffy murmured in a muffled voice.

“Always,” Spike replied huskily, “even in my after life.”


“I think we should go now,” Giles suggested evenly. “I’ll try to explain what I ‘think’ is going on here,” he added quickly.

“You can’t be serious!” Xander gasped (like a girl!) when Giles stated his intention.

“I assure you, Harris,” Giles began, his blue eyes narrowed into slits. “I am more then serious, young man. Now get your bloody arse out of this house and we’ll all go to my place. God knows, I need a scotch!”

“Oh for God’s sake, Harris,” Anya hissed, “get over this Buffy obsession and get your ass in gear! Look at them,” the ex-vengence demon ordered her boyfriend. “They belong to each other, like Tara said. It’s time for you and Willow over there to ‘but out’ of Buffy’s life.”

Everyone except Spike, Buffy and Dawn left the Summers’ home. Some a little more reluctantly then others, but they left all the same.

“I can’t even begin to explain this,” Buffy whispered to Dawn who looked as if it was Christmas all over again. The teen walked up to Spike and Buffy and wrapped her arms about the both of them.

“You will,” Dawn murmured in reply. “I’m sure you and Dad here will explain everything, just beautifully to me.”

Buffy embraced her daughter and husband to her, all horrid memories of where she had woken up at disappeared. The minute she had her family back in her arms again, Buffy knew she was truly home. Maybe for the first time in her entire existence.

“You’re not my sister, you know that, right?” Buffy finally took a breath and asked Dawn.

“I ‘think’ I know,” Dawn replied with a nod. “I’m your daughter, right? Spike, or William, is my father and you’re my mother?” There was such a bright look of hope in Dawn’s blue eyes and Buffy’s heart just melted.

“Yes,” Buffy murmured softly. “I guess the Powers That Be decided to cut me a break; for once. They brought me back together with the people I truly love; my family.”

“I’ve searched for your mother, and you for over a century,” Spike spoke quietly. “I knew I’d find you again; it just took so damned long and…..”

“It’s all right now,” Buffy shushed him by tenderly placing her finger on his lips.

“We’re together, finally,” she continued tearfully. “Nothing can ever tear us apart again.”

“We’re family,” Dawn added with a sigh of contentment.

“Nothing can ever tear us apart again,” William echoed his wife’s words.

‘Never Tear Us Apart’ (INXS)


“Don’t ask me
What you know is true
Don’t have to tell you
I love your precious heart

I
I was standing
You were there
Two worlds collided
And they could never tear us apart

We could live
For a thousand years
But if I hurt you
I’d make wine from your tears

I told you
That we could fly
‘Cause we all have wings’
But some of us don’t know why

I
I was standing
You were there
Two worlds collided
And they could never ever tear us apart”


{If you love someone strong enough and want something bad enough? Then how could anyone tear you away from them?}




A/N: I hope that the readers here understand where I was going with this. I never felt that anyone could be pulled out of Heaven, therefore, I always thought that Buffy was in an alternate universe
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=16272