Miss Perfect and the Blue-eyed Dirty Dancing Devil by SarahandJamesFanatic
Summary: Buffy Summers is a small town girl with a big heart who is wanting to be anything but perfect like everybody thinks she is. Her life is about to change when her mom meets Rupert Giles, the new librarian at her college and falls in love with him and decides to get married. Being thrilled with somebody who in time one day she can call ‘dad’, she decides to take dance instructions from Spike Williams for the wedding. When they meet it’s a thin line between love and hate and after awhile they get to know each other and in the end fall in love. But what happens when tragedy strikes? Will they be there for each other or will they push one another away? What happens when her timing runs out with Spike? Will it be the end of a great relationship or just the beginning? Can they stay together or will people get in their way? Can Buffy once and for all decide to grow and stand up for what she believes in or will she just remain the perfect girl who everyone wants to be?
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations, Rape
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 6570 Read: 6066 Published: 01/11/2006 Updated: 01/28/2006

1. Chapter 1 by SarahandJamesFanatic

2. Chapter 2 by SarahandJamesFanatic

3. Chapter 3 by SarahandJamesFanatic

4. Chapter 4 by SarahandJamesFanatic

5. Chapter 5 by SarahandJamesFanatic

Chapter 1 by SarahandJamesFanatic
Author's Notes:
HI EVERYBODY THIS IS MY FIRST FIC EVER AND I BASED IT ON THE MOVIE DIRTY DANCING SO IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR THIS STORY OR COMMENTS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME
Prologue

It was another perfect day in Sunnydale , California. The sky was blue, birds were singing, and the smell of jasmine filled the air. It was the last day of school and tomorrow would start the beginning of summer. Sunnydale wasn’t a big town, but it had its perks, like restaurants, malls, and anything else you could imagine. The town was full of nice people, where everybody knew everybody else. The town had a lot of rebellious teenagers who loved to get into trouble, and it had other teenagers who were just perfect. The most perfect person in Sunnydale was Buffy Summers. She was the kind of girl any parent would be proud to have as a daughter. She was a straight-A college student majoring in medicine, hoping to one day become a pediatrician. She had never been in trouble before, always a community volunteer leader for the town. She was the type of girl you could bring home to meet your parents, who would then in turn fall in love with her instantly. But she didn’t want to be known as ‘Miss Perfect’ anymore. She wanted to make a new name for herself. Little did she know that her whole life was about to change and that she’d no longer be considered ‘Miss Perfect’. It would be a summer to remember, which all started with the blue-eyed dirty dancing devil known as Spike Williams.



Chapter 1

When Buffy returned home from her last class of the day, she was surprised to see her younger sister Dawn in the kitchen, flipping through the lasted edition of Cosmopolitan. Buffy quickly grabbed the magazine and took it away from her sister, frowning at it.

“What’re you doing?” Dawn asked quickly, standing up and trying to retrieve it. “I was reading that! “
“This is vulgar reading material for a 16 year old girl, “Buffy said, throwing it in the garbage. “ And such a distasteful cover on it, too. I can’t believe they can get away with illustrating women as sex objects, all the while selling millions of copies. “

“Sex is a pretty common thing in life, Buffy- you’d know that if you ever had it,” Dawn said, turning on her heel and heading for the stairs. Buffy’s eyes widened as she followed after Dawn and grabbed her arm, stopping her.
“Let me go!”

“Are you having sex? “ Buffy practically hissed, shocked at the thought of it.

“No, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t know about it,” Dawn replied, pulling away from her sister’s grasp and crossing her arms. “I’m 16, Buffy- not 6. I know everything that Cosmopolitan has in its magazine- it’s not new info for me.” Buffy shook her head and began to walk away, not wanting to deal with the conversation much longer. “By the way, Mom and Rupert want to go to the country club for dinner. Are you going to come with us?”

“Yeah,” Buffy answered, sighing. “I think I’m going to take dance lessons there. That way I won’t make a fool of myself at the wedding.”

“Really?” Dawn asked, and Buffy nodded. “Do you mind if I take them with you?” Buffy shook her head. “Cool!” Now we can both learn how to dance and prove that we’re not the most uncoordinated girls in town.” Buffy managed a small smile and went to grab her backpack. “Do you think we’ll have a sexy instructor? A foreign one, maybe?” Buffy tilted her head, looking at her sister. “Maybe one from Spain…or how about from Italy? Oh, I’d die if that happened!” Buffy giggled slightly and looked at a clock. “I’m so excited to take the class now!”

“What happens if it turns out to be a 60 year old woman with a funny wig and polyester clothes?” Buffy joked, and Dawn made a face.

“You don’t think that will happen, do you?” Dawn asked. “We’ll have a guy won’t we? Can we please sign up for a guy?”

“Settle down,” Buffy said, laughing. “We’ll find you a nice foreign guy to teach you some moves.”

“I like the sound of that,” Dawn said, grinning as she walked upstairs to her bedroom.

Buffy, Dawn, their mother Joyce, and her fiancé Rupert Giles walked into the Sunnydale Country Club around six for dinner. After being seated at a table, Joyce turned to her eldest daughter.

“So, Dawn tells me that you two want to take dance lessons?” she asked, and Buffy nodded. “I hear that they have a great ballroom-dancing class.”
“Does it have a male instructor?” Dawn asked excitedly, and Joyce looked at her daughter.

“I don’t know,” she answered, surprised. “I’d hope not. I don’t want you fawning over some dance teacher.” Buffy giggled quietly and looked outside as dawn shot her a look. “Anyways, I think it’ll be nice for both of you to do. Maybe you’ll make a new friend or two.”

“Like a sexy young dance instructor,” Dawn said quietly, looking away. Joyce sighed and looked at Buffy.

“And you can watch your sister and make sure she stays in line,” Joyce said. Dawn frowned and crossed her arms.

“So, how did your exams go today?” Rupert asked, looking at Buffy, who was grateful for the subject change.

“They went well,” Buffy answered. “I think I did pretty well.”

“You mean you probably got all A’s right?” Dawn asked. “Miss I-Studied-Ten-Hours-For-Each-Exam?”

“Dawn, be nice,” Joyce said, frowning. “Besides, you’d do just as well as Buffy if you actually tried.” Dawn scowled and looked away, her eyes settling on a platinum blonde teen that walked into the restaurant.

“Hello, salty goodness,” Dawn said, her eyes following his every move. Buffy followed her sister’s gaze and raised an eyebrow. “Wow.”

“He looks familiar,” Buffy said, studying him. “I think I go to school with him.”

“Lucky,” Dawn muttered, and Buffy smiled softly.

“Maybe you’ll see him again,” she replied, and Dawn sighed.

“God, I hope so, “she said, watching as the guy walked out.
Chapter 2 by SarahandJamesFanatic
Author's Notes:
please be sure to leave any reviews for my first fic!!!

song belongs to Whitney Houston
Chapter 2

The ride home was made in comfortable silence. Dawn was asleep, Joyce and Giles were talking about plans for the wedding, and Buffy kept thinking about the mysterious platinum blonde-haired guy she had seen earlier.

As soon as they made it home, Giles asked Buffy if he could have a word with her while the others went into the house.

“Buffy.” Giles said. “I was wondering if you would like to invite your friends to stay with us for the rest of the summer and for the wedding, as well.”

“Are you serious?” Buffy asked eagerly. “Oh, thank you, Giles! Thank you so much! I will go call them right now”. She gave him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek and went into the house to call her friends and tell them the good news.

Giles moved from England to America about 10 years ago to try and start a new life. While in England, he met and fell in love with Jenny Calendar, who was a science teacher. They fell head-over-heels in love and got married after dating for a year. Then, one day, Giles came home and Jenny told him that she was pregnant and they were expecting their first child- a girl. But when it came time to deliver, there were some complications, and Jenny and their baby died in childbirth. Finally, Giles decided to pick up and move on with his life and moved to Sunnydale, California.

While looking for paintings to put into his new house that he had bought, he ran into and met Joyce Summers, who owned the art gallery. He fell in love with her instantly, as well as her two daughters Buffy and Dawn. They dated for about a year and a half before he asked her to marry him. He was glad when she accepted and knew right then and there that he would be a great father to Buffy and Dawn since their real father Hank didn’t care about them. Giles didn’t think he would find happiness twice, but he was glad that he did and hoped maybe one day that Buffy and Dawn would call him dad.

The next day was the first day of summer. Buffy was so excited and couldn’t wait to pick up her friends so that they could start their summer vacation together. After everyone got their luggage packed into the cars, they headed to Willow’s house.

Willow and Buffy had been best friends ever since they were little kids. She had bright red hair and green eyes, and she was a straight-A college student who was majoring in education, hoping to either be a kindergarten teacher or a biology teacher. She was a very accepting person and loved welcoming new people to the town.

“Hey, Buffy,” Willow said when she got into the car.

“Hey, Willow. Aren’t you so excited to start summer vacation?” Buffy asked.

“I am so thrilled! I mean no more tests, no teachers, and hey-maybe we can find you a summer boyfriend,” Willow answered.

“I don’t know- maybe I will. I saw this cute platinum blonde-haired guy last night at the country club, and I swear he looked familiar, like from school or something. Oh, by the way, Dawn and I are taking some dance lessons for the wedding. Want to join us?” Buffy asked.

“Sounds like fun.” Willow replied.

Next, they picked up Anya Jenkins. Anya was totally the opposite of Buffy and Willow. She loved to gossip about anything and everything, along with having a knack for shopping and drooling over boys.

“Hey, Anya! How’s it going?” Buffy and Willow asked.

“Not bad. Really excited, though, and can’t wait to find me a summer romance.”

“Would you like to take some dance lessons with Willow and I for the wedding?” Buffy asked.

“Count me in,” Anya said.

“Great! Now all we need to do is see if Cordelia wants to join us.” Buffy said.

Cordelia Chase was another close personal friend to Buffy. She was the richest girl in town. Most people thought she was snobby, stuck-up, mean, but she was the complete opposite. She actually loved helping people, whether they were total strangers or people she knew, and she also hoped to one day become an actress.

“Hey, Buffy, Willow, and Anya,” Cordelia said as she got into the car. “I can’t believe its summer vacation. It seems like it took forever to get her.”

“Cordelia, how would you like to take dance lessons with the rest of us for the wedding?” Buffy asked.

“I would love to- it sounds like fun.”

The rest of the trip, everyone kept talking about what they were hoping would happen and what they would and wouldn’t expect to happen.

As soon as everyone got settled into their rooms, they made it down to the dancing rooms and signed up for lessons. Then, a few minutes later, they got assigned to their partners.

Willow got assigned to Daniel Osborne, AKA Oz, who played bass in a band called Dingoes Ate My Baby and had red hair and brown eyes.
Next, Cordelia got assigned to Angel Williams. Angel had brown hair, brown eyes, was about an inch taller than Cordelia, and hoped to one day become a professional athlete.

Anya was assigned to Xander Harris who had brown eyes, shaggy brown hair, and had a great sense of humor and one of the best teachers in the class.

Dawn got assigned to Andrew. He had brown eyes, sandy blonde hair, and was a total sci-fi fanatic. He was about the same age as her.

Giles and Joyce were assigned to each other, which left Buffy by herself. She was about to go back upstairs until someone called out her name in a sexy British accent.

She felt someone tap her shoulder, so she turned around and looked up to see the same guy she had seen the night before. He had blue eyes, platinum blonde hair, a scar above his left eyebrow, sculpted cheekbones, and full lips, begging to be kissed.

“Are you Buffy Summers?” he asked.

“Yes, that’s me, and you are…?” she asked.

“Oh, Spike Williams. Just call me Spike.”

“Nice to meet you, Spike.” She stretched out her hand to shake it with his and was surprised when he took her hand and placed a soft kiss on top of it.

“Nice to meet you, too luv.”

After all the introductions were made around the room, Spike took the CD that had the song that Giles and Joyce would dance to at their wedding reception.

Once everybody picked a spot on the dance floor, Spike went to put the CD in and pressed play.

If I should stay, I would only be in your way
So I’ll go, but I know, I’ll think of you every step of the way

Spike grabbed Buffy’s hand and placed her left one on his right shoulder and held her other hand in his left one and smiled at her.

And I will always love you. I will always love
You, my darling, you.

Bittersweet memories, that is all I’m taking with me
So goodbye, please don’t cry
We both know I’m not what you need

And I will always love you
And I will always love you

As the soft sound of the saxophone played, Spike leaned down and whispered in Buffy’s ear, “I don’t think this song will only be for Joyce and Giles, but maybe one day for us, too”.

Buffy blushed and said, “I hope so, too.” Then she laid her head on his chest and continued to dance with Spike.

I hope life treats you kind
And I hope you have all you dreamed of
And I wish you joy and happiness
But above all of this I wish you love

And I will always love you
I will always love you
I will always love you
I will always love you

I will always love you
I, I will always love you
Darling I love you, ooo I love you, I will always, I will always love you

As the song ended, Buffy and Spike looked into each other’s eyes and smiled, knowing instantly that this was a song to remember.
Chapter 3 by SarahandJamesFanatic
Author's Notes:
please remember that this is my first fic and so please leave me good reviews or if you have a have a problem with the story or a chapter about how it is written please try not to hurt my feelings like a couple of people did when they left reviews for chapter 2
Chapter 3



After their dance class ended, all of the girls walked out together and instantly began talking in hushed voices.



“It’s not fair that you’ve got Mr. Salty Goodness,” Cordelia said in a sharp tone, looking at Buffy. “Don’t get me wrong- Angel’s great- but Spike is just…”



“Gorgeous,” Buffy finished for her, grinning. “Some girls just have all the luck, I guess.”



“You’ve got that right,” Anya replied. “Isn’t Xander hot? I anticipate lots of orgasms from him in the near future.” Buffy’s eyes widened. “What? Everyone knows I’m as blunt as a sailor sometimes.” Willow laughed quietly, shaking her head.



“What about Oz? He seemed nice,” Buffy said.



“Yeah, he’s great,” Willow said. “He was quiet for a while, but I think I might’ve cracked his shell a little.”



“At least you guys didn’t have to dance with a nerd like Andrew,” Dawn said, frowning. “He’s a good dancer, but he kept talking about sci-fi stuff. Who really gets into stuff like that these days?”



“You’d be surprised,” Willow replied before patting Dawn’s shoulder. “Could be worse.”



“And did you see how happy Mom looked with Giles?” Buffy asked Dawn, smiling softly. “I can’t wait until the wedding!”



“I need a date for it,” Dawn said. “Who should I go with?”



“I’m sure you’ll find someone,” Buffy said. “I’m thinking of asking Spike.”



“Think there’s some spark-age between you two?” Willow asked, and Buffy shrugged, smiling.



“I think I could fall hard for him,” she said.



‘Actually, I think I already have,’ she thought, looking down and biting back a giddy giggle.



* * *



“Who else just had a good time?” Xander asked, dropping into a chair and grinning. “That Anya chic was awesome.”



“Cordelia was cool,” Angel replied, shrugging. “Absolutely beautiful, too, which helps.”



“What about you, man?” Spike asked Oz. “How was Red?”



“Sweet,” he said, smiling a little.



“And you, Andrew? How was the young Miss Summers?” Spike asked, sitting beside Xander.



“A peach,” he answered. “I tried to convince her to come to the new Star Wars movie with me when it comes out.”



“So you scared her away, then, did you?” Spike joked, causing everyone else to laugh. Andrew frowned and sat on the floor.



“No,” he said, crossing his arms. “Maybe. I don’t know.”



“What about you?” Xander asked. “You scored yourself a pretty hot blonde.”



“Buffy’s lovely,” he said, and all of the guys raised an eyebrow. “What?”



“Did you just use the word ‘lovely’?” Xander asked before he began to chuckle.



“It’s true!” Spike replied defensively. “She’s beautiful, and yeah, maybe she needs to brush up on some of her dancing skills, but she’s bloody perfect.”



“Think you two might date someday?” Xander asked, and Spike sighed.



“I don’t know,” he replied. “I’m still kind of seeing Faith Lehane.”



“What?” Angel asked loudly. “I thought you dumped her!”



“I tried to, but the bint is pretty damn stubborn and wouldn’t let me,” Spike mumbled. “Besides, I’m afraid she’s going to chop me into pieces.”



“That’s why you shouldn’t date the psychotic ones,” Xander replied.



“I once saw her stab a fly with a pen,” Andrew said, and everyone looked at him. He quickly looked down. “Sorry, carry on.”



“I vote you dump Faith and give Buffy a spin,” Angel said. “She seems like she’d be good for you.” Spike nodded and stood up. “Where are you going?”



“Have to go risk my limbs,” he said, walking out of the room.



* * *



All of the girls were laying poolside about an hour later, tanning and still talking about their dance class. Buffy couldn’t take her mind off of Spike and remembered every second of their first dance.



“Earth to Buffy,” Cordelia said, snapping her fingers in front of Buffy’s face. Buffy quickly snapped out of her thoughts and looked at her friend. “Spike just walked by.” Buffy quickly sat up and looked around, scanning the area. “He walked into the lifeguard station.” She sighed and lay back down. “I’m surprised you like him. He seems like he’d be kind of rebellious.”



“Maybe that’s exactly what she needs,” Anya said, lying beside Buffy. “A roll in the hay with a bad-boy.” Buffy blushed quickly. “They’re really the best at it, after all. They know how to make it hurt in all the right places.”



“Anya!” Willow said in a reprimanding tone. “Do you ever stop talking about sex?”



“Yes,” Anya replied. “Sometimes I talk about how great capitalism is in our country.” Buffy smirked and lie on her stomach, giving her back a chance to tan.



“What are Mom and Giles doing right now?” Dawn asked as she crawled out of the pool to dry off and sit down on a vacant chair.



“They’re taking a Ceramics class,” Buffy answered, sliding on her sunglasses. “They won’t be around until 4ish.”



“Good,” Dawn replied, lying down. “I need a chance to unwind for a while.”



“Right there with you, scooter,” Anya said, smiling.



* * *



“How dare you?” Faith yelled as she followed Spike out of the lifeguard station. Buffy looked over at them and frowned instantly. “I thought you loved me!”



“I thought I did, but I don’t,” Spike said, walking away from her. “I’m sorry, Faith. I’ve apologized at least twenty times already.”



“And you think that makes it all better?” she asked loudly. The other girls watched the scene with interest, along with several other people around the pool area.



“We haven’t been together that long, luv,” he said sharply. “Let it go. I’m sure you’ll be off snogging some guy by nightfall.” Her jaw dropped in indignation as he stormed off, going back inside the main building.



“Men suck,” Faith said, throwing her hands up in frustration before making a growling sound and returning to the lifeguard station.



“Well, I guess now we know he’s single,” Anya said, and Buffy looked at her, frowning. “What? Isn’t that a good thing?”



“He didn’t tell me he was dating someone,” she said quietly, hoping she didn’t sound as sad as she felt.



“Maybe he dumped her for you,” Cordelia replied.



“That doesn’t make me feel better about the situation, Cordy,” Buffy replied, standing up and grabbing her stuff. “If he dumped some girl for me, that’s horrible.”



“For her, not you,” Dawn said, and Buffy sighed, shaking her head.



“It’s not good in general,” she said. “I’ll be inside. I’ll see you guys later.” She walked in the direction Spike had gone in.



“What’s her problem?” Cordelia asked, frowning.



“She’s afraid to love,” Dawn said quietly. “And now that she has a chance to, she’s scared. It’s a classic Buffy move. Sometimes she pushes people away before she can connect with them.”



“It’s only been one day,” Anya replied. “Surely she wouldn’t push him away before they even had a second conversation.”



“I hope not,” Dawn replied. “Because I think Spike would make a devilishly hot brother-in-law.”
Chapter 4 by SarahandJamesFanatic
Chapter 4

As Buffy laid in her bed that night, her thoughts kept coming back to one thing- Spike. She was surprised when she learned about Faith because she thought that he liked her, mainly due to all of the signals he sent her while they danced in class.

‘Could Cordelia be right? Would he dump Faith for me? And more importantly, why?’ she thought to herself. Buffy decided there was only one thing to do- confront Spike and ask him for the truth. Either that or change partners with someone else.

The next day after breakfast, all of the girls made their way down for their dance lessons while Joyce and Giles went looking around the country club at the various activities that were going on. After the girls signed in and put on their nametags, they headed toward the middle of the dance floor.

“Hello, ladies,” Spike said. “Today we are going to try some Latin dancing, so everyone go ahead and pair up with your partners.” After putting the CD into the player, Spike made his way over to Buffy.

“Hello, luv. Ready to start our lesson?” Spike asked.

“Are you sure you want me and not your girlfriend?” Buffy asked, a little annoyed.

“Girlfriend? What girlfriend?” he asked curiously.

“Faith,” she said. “We saw you two yesterday, having a lover's quarrel by the lifeguard station.”

“We're not together anymore- I broke up with her.”

“Why? Because you fell in love with somebody else?” she asked.

“That’s part of the reason. Why? Are you jealous, pet?” he said, smirking.

“No,” she said a little nervously. “But it’s kinda hard to tell with all the signals you’ve sent to me.”

“So you've caught them, huh?” he asked, smiling.

“Yeah, I have,” she said, returning the smile.

“Would you like to have a picnic with me later on?” he asked shyly. “Maybe we can learn more about each other and see if we have anything in common.”

“I'd love to,” she replied.

Then they started dancing away to the rhythm of the Latin beats.

Tonight we dance
I lay my life in your hands
We take the floor
Nothing is forbidden anymore

Don’t let the world in outside
Don’t let a moment go by
Nothing can stop us tonight

Bailamos, let the rhythm take you over
Bailamos, te quiero amor mio
Bailamos, wanna live this night forever
Bailamos, te quiero amor mio te quiero

Tonight I'm yours
We can make it happen
I'm so sure
Now I'm letting go
There is something
I think you should know

I won't be leaving your side
We're gonna dance through the night
I wanna reach for the stars

Bailamos, let the rhythm take you over
Bailamos, te quiero amor mio
Bailamos, wanna live this night forever
Bailamos, te quiero amor mio te quiero

Tonight we dance
Like no tomorrow
If you will stay with me
te quiero mi amor

Bailamos, let the rhythm take you over
Bailamos, te quiero amor mio
Bailamos, wanna live this night forever
Bailamos, te quiero amor mio

Bailamos, let the rhythm take you over
Bailamos, te quiero amor mio
Bailamos, wanna live this night forever
Bailamos, te quiero amor mio

As soon as the song ended, Buffy and Spike looked into each other's eyes, and Spike leaned down and kissed Buffy on the cheek while no one was looking.

“Thanks for the dance, luv” he said before dismissing the class and exiting the room, leaving behind a stunned Buffy.

Later on, she and her friends helped her get ready for her picnic date with Spike.

“So, any idea on how long you will be gone?” Dawn asked.

“I don’t know. He didn’t say,” Buffy said. “So, any ideas on what I should wear?”

“Here- wear this pink sundress with the white flowers on it and be sure to wear your pink sandals,” Dawn replied.

“Ok. What should I do with my hair, Willow?”

“Um, lets curl it,” she answered before starting to work on her friend’s hair. When she was finished, Cordelia helped with her make-up- a little powder, some eye shadow, and lip-gloss.

At noon, the doorbell rang and Buffy went to answer it. On the other side stood Spike, wearing black dress slacks and a dark blue dress shirt with the first two buttons open.

“Hello,” they said in unison.

“You look beautiful, Buffy,” Spike said.

“So do you, but in a manly way,” Buffy said, blushing.

“These are for you,” he said as he handed her a dozen pink roses.

“They're beautiful. Thank you,” she replied, smiling at them. “Just let me put these in some water and I will be ready to go.”

She put the flowers in a vase before they headed out the door.

As soon as they found a place to sit down, they started putting the food on the blanket and began eating.

“So, tell me something about yourself,” she said.

“What do you want to know in general, pet?”

“Anything and everything.”

“Ok. Well, I was born in England and lived there for 5 years with my mom, dad, and little sister Tara. Then we moved after dad got a job offer here in Sunnydale. When I was 10 years old, my parents were killed in a car accident.”

“I'm sorry,” Buffy said sincerely, looking at him sadly.

“It’s ok,” he said before continuing. “Anyways, my uncle Richard took Tara and I in and raised us with our cousin Angel, as well. I work at the country club every summer, teaching dance classes and saving up money for college classes, and then I send some for Tara to have and keep.”

“What are you majoring in?” she asked.

“Medicine, hoping to be a pediatrician one day because I love kids so much and I want to help them any way I can when they’re sick.”

“Have you had a lot of girlfriends?”

“Nope, just Faith. I met her about a month ago, but we were just friends and that’s it. When we met, she was shy and quiet, and then it was like overnight she changed into a completely different person. We didn’t start dating until a couple of weeks ago, and I thought that she was the one, but I was wrong. She's not the same person I knew when we first met. So that’s about all I know to tell you about me. But if you want to know anything else, don’t be afraid to ask. I wont bite much,” he said, smirking.

“Well, I guess I was wrong about you.”

“How's that?”

“I thought you were the type of guy who probably didn’t care about himself or anyone else, a rebellious teenager who just wanted to make sure that he got anything and everything he wanted. Also, someone who loved getting into trouble,” she explained, shrugging.

“I can be bad when I want to. I'm not charming all the time, and I do act like a jerk sometimes, even possessive, but it’s just who I am. I don’t want everybody to think of me as a bad guy who has a big reputation for getting into trouble. I just want to be normal and treated with respect. That’s all I ask.”

“I guarantee if people knew what you just told me they would definitely treat you differently with the respect you deserve,” she said, looking at him.

“I believe it’s your turn now, pet,” he said.

“What do you want to know about me? she said.

“Anything and everything,” he replied, smirking.

“Well, I'm 18 years old and attend Sunnydale University, majoring in medicine, hoping to one day become a pediatrician, as well. You know Dawn, who is my younger sister, but basically I am known to everyone as ‘Miss Perfect'. The perfect daughter, sibling, student, friend, etc… and it’s getting old. I mean, I hate everybody thinking I am perfect. I want a normal life where I can make my own decisions without worrying about what everybody will think of them. I wanna fall in love with the perfect guy and receive my first kiss so I can remember it in the future. I wanna do great things by myself and not worry about pleasing others so they can accept me. I wouldn't even mind getting into trouble once in a while. The bottom line is I want to be different, but I don’t know how.” She sighed quietly. “I'm sorry. I didn’t mean to dump all of this on you. They're my problems, not yours. But it just felt good to talk to someone about it.”

“Buffy, I'm not your boyfriend, and I know that I haven’t known you very long, but I would love to be your friend, and as your friend, I just want you to know that if you ever need to talk about anything, feel free to come to me if you don’t feel like talking to anyone else. I will always be here for you. Always,” he said, putting his hand on hers.

“Thank you, Spike,” she said, looking at him.

“Anytime, Buffy.”

She's like the wind, through my tree
She rides the night next to me
She leads me through moonlight
Only to burn me with the sun
She's taken my heart, but she doesn’t know what she's done

Feel her breath in my face, her body close to me
Can’t look in her eyes, she's out of my league
Just a fool to believe I have everything she needs
She's like the wind

I look in the mirror, and all I see
Is a young old man, with only a dream
Am I just fooling myself that she'll stop the pain
Living without her, I go insane

Feel her breath in my face, her body close to me
Can't look in her eyes, she's out of my league
Just a fool to believe I have everything she needs
She's like the wind

Feel your breath in my face, your body close to me
Can't look in your eyes, your out of my league

Just a fool to believe, just a fool to believe
She's like the wind

Just a fool to believe, just a fool to believe
She's like the wind

Just a fool to believe, just a fool to believe
She's like the wind

Just a fool to believe, just a fool to believe
She's like the wind

Just a fool to believe, just a fool to believe
She's like the wind

Just a fool

She's like the wind
Chapter 5 by SarahandJamesFanatic
Author's Notes:
please everybody give this story a chance and let me know what you think
Chapter 5



The next morning, Buffy and her friends walked to the restaurant in the country club for breakfast and were surprised when Faith approached them.



“This can’t be good,” Anya said quietly as Faith stopped to stand in front of them.



“Good morning, girls,” she said. “I was wondering if I could snag a moment of your time, blondie?” Buffy raised an eyebrow as the brunette’s eyes focused on hers.



“Um, sure,” she said, somewhat nervous. “What’s on your mind?”



“I was hoping maybe we could talk privately,” Faith said, a slight edge to her tone.



“Anything you say will be repeated to us later on, so why don’t you save Buffy her voice a bit?” Cordelia suggested sternly, crossing her arms. Faith shot her a look.



“If this is because Spike wants Buffy more than he wanted you, we already know,” Dawn said, taking a small step forward. “So you can go away… now.”



“I just wanted to say that I’m fine with you and Spike being together,” Faith said, looking at Buffy. “Obviously he sees something in you that I don’t…” All of the girls took a step forward, but Faith raised her hands in surrender. “But if he wants to be with you, that’s fine. I’m better off without him, and I bet you will be, too.”



“I think I’d like to find that out for myself,” Buffy replied, shrugging. “Good girls always want the bad boys- I’m no different.”



“Oh, you will be,” Faith replied. “He’ll change you.” With that, she turned on her heel and stormed off. All of the girls watched her and were silent for a moment.



“So, breakfast?” Willow suggested, looking at the others. Buffy nodded quickly and followed them into the restaurant.



* * *



“What the hell is that girl’s problem?” Cordelia asked after they ordered. “Where does she get off coming up to you to talk?”



“She’s evil- anyone can see that,” Anya said, looking at Buffy. “You should be sure to stay away from her.”



“Yeah, she’s bad news,” Willow said, frowning. “I’m getting very bad vibes from her, stress on the ‘very’.”



“Me, too,” Dawn agreed. “Maybe you can talk to Spike and get him to talk to her.”



“I don’t think Spike being in the vicinity of a nut-job like Faith is a good idea,” Cordelia said. “She could do something shady, which I wouldn’t put past her.”



“Like what? Jumping him?” Anya asked. “I don’t think Spike would want to have sex with her again when he’s obviously digging Buffy.”



“Can we not talk about this?” Buffy asked quietly, looking down. “Let’s just try to have a nice breakfast.”



“But aren’t you worried, Buffy?” Willow asked, looking at her friend. “Faith could somehow try to wreck your impending relationship with Spike.”



“I’m not worried,” Buffy lied, looking away. “I’ll talk to Spike during class, okay? It’ll all be fine.”



But all of her friends knew better.



* * *



When it was time for class, the girls proceeded to the room and met up with their dance partners. Spike could tell that something was off with Buffy and led her out to the hallway to talk to her.



“What’s wrong, luv?” he asked, concerned. She sighed and looked at him.



“Your ex came to talk to me before breakfast this morning,” she answered, and Spike raised an eyebrow. “Nothing happened- she just spoke and I listened.”



“I’m sorry,” he said sincerely. “I don’t want to put you in a weird position or anything, and I’m sure Faith didn’t exactly help you start your day off right.”



“I’m not too worried, but the girls seem to be, so I thought I’d just tell you about the situation,” she said. “You know, in case anything else happens.”



“It won’t,” he said, putting his hand on her shoulder. “I’ll talk to her.”



“But I don’t want there to be a confrontation or anything,” she replied. “Faith didn’t threaten me or something else like that- she just said that she’s fine with… you choosing me over her.” He smiled softly. “Not that we’re dating or anything, right? We’re just friends?”



‘For now,’ he thought.



“Right,” he agreed quickly. “But honestly, pet, I’ll talk to her. Tell her to stay away and mind her own business. I don’t want you to feel awkward or uncomfortable with anything.”



“Thank you,” Buffy said, and he nodded. “So, shall we proceed to class?”



“Actually, I want to ask you something first,” he said, and she raised an eyebrow. “Would you maybe like to go out tonight? Just as friends?”



“Sure,” she answered, and he smiled. “What did you have in mind?”



“Dinner outside of the club,” he said, shrugging. “And maybe somewhere else afterwards. Sound okay?”



“Yeah, that sounds great,” she replied. “So, more Latin dancing today?”



“Want to?” he asked as they began to walk back into the room.



“Yeah, it was a lot of fun yesterday,” she answered, and he smirked.



“Yeah, it was,” he agreed as he walked to the CD player.



‘But it’s always fun with her,’ he thought, biting his lip to withhold the grin that was threatening to form.



* * *



After class, the girls exited the room and headed outside, towards the pool area.



“So, what are we doing tonight?” Cordelia asked, looking at her friends.



“I was thinking of tracking down Xander,” Anya replied. “I’d love to have him as my boyfriend and orgasm buddy.” Buffy scrunched up her nose in disgust and shook her head. “Don’t you want that with Spike?”



“I don’t want to talk about something so crass,” Buffy said. “Anyways, I’m going on a date with Spike tonight.” Dawn and Willow smiled and clapped excitedly.



“Which will hopefully be followed by an orgasm or two?” Anya asked, and Cordelia smacked her arm. “What?”



“Want us to help you get ready?” Willow asked, and Buffy nodded vigorously.



“We’ll make you look even more beautiful than normal,” Cordy replied. “He’s going to lose it.”



“Lose what?” Buffy asked, raising an eyebrow, and Dawn smirked.



“You’re so naïve, sister of mine,” Dawn said, and Buffy frowned.



“What’s he going to lose?” she asked again, and everyone giggled.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=16600