Life after the Hellmouth by DragonVamp
Summary: After the hellmouth closed what happened to Buffy, The slayer, the scoobies, and Spike...... Follows cannon with some twist, some Angel crossover
Categories: General NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 12805 Read: 6082 Published: 02/14/2006 Updated: 02/14/2006

1. chapter 1 searching by DragonVamp

2. Chapter 2 Finding by DragonVamp

3. Chapter 3 Family ties- a Sire's bond by DragonVamp

4. Chapter 4 changes by DragonVamp

5. a night out by DragonVamp

chapter 1 searching by DragonVamp
Author's Notes:
Disclaimers: I obviously do not own or claim to own any of the people, places or events written for BTVS or Angel. I do own all original people, places, and events in my stories. If I borrow from another writer I claim no ownership they own what I borrow and will have credit for it. I think that covers it.
Watcher's Journal
R. Giles
Note: The watchers counsel is no more. As I have been writing this journal for a number of years I will continue to do so.
Update:
In the past months after winning the battle with The First a lot has happened. The old watchers counsel building has been turned into the Joyce Summers School for gifted young women. Dorms and classrooms were adding in the reconstruction plans for the building. Many Watchers and all the new Slayers who survived the battle have found positions at the school according to skills and necessity.

Willow was made girls’ dean along with Faith of all people. I was given head master position until a suitable replacement can be found. Willow and the Coven were able to send a message to all the new Slayers so they now flock to the school by the busload to seek answers. They also found a way to track potentials. We found out that not all Slayers were activated by the spell. Some girls were too young but finding them will help before they manifest their powers.

Everything is going much smoother than I had though it would and now my biggest concern is of course Buffy. I have never been able to understand that girl but she has changed the world and saved the world and surpassed expectation, defied orders, exposed her identity, fallen in love with not one but two Vampires, getting them to fight by her side and living to be the oldest Slayer in history. Now that she is not "The Slayer" she has a lot of work to do to find her identity again. She no longer has all her friends, family, and fellow humans counting on her alone. She no longer has an inescapable destiny staring at her.

She is now free to be a normal girl with a normal life, if she wants. I do not know what she is thinking or feeling right now but I am worried, as she still seems obsessed with Spike. She is researching and compiling a file on him and it seems to be more than for a simple thank you to remember him for his help saving the world. I am quite worried but I am also curious to see what she finds since the old council did not know much.


Buffy drifted off to sleep staring at the ceiling thinking about Spike. Not much was known about the man except he was unlike anyone they had ever met. She mentally compared Spike and Angel. Angel would always be her first love, but Spike would be her greatest. Spike loved her without a soul and he had gotten one because of her. She felt guilty for the way she had treated him over the years, but he did not make it easy to love him. She realizes now that she fought her feelings for Spike not just because of Angel and the fact that Spike was a Vampire.

Buffy still hoped to have a "Normal" life one-day with a husband and kids. Vampires are not supposed to be able to have children. To her knowledge Connor is the only one ever born of a Vampire. Knowing that Spike could never be husband and father Buffy pushed him away. None of that mattered to her once he was gone. All she could think of was the time together they had lost. So, Buffy was now determined to find out who William the Bloody was before and after he was turned. Robin had told Giles what Spike had told him when they broke the trigger of The First. Now, Buffy was in London looking for more information.

She knew he was not wealthy and from his words she deduced he was close to his mother and his father was absent. She knew his mother’s name was Anne and that he died around I880. Buffy had looked through the website Willow had helped he find that contained old information on various places in England. Buffy searched through the site for the oldest cemeteries; the lower middle class housing areas in the I880's, with list in hand she searched the gravy yards. In one she finally found a gravestone that simple said William, beloved son. In the side of the crumbled stone was a small broken porcelain doll attached to the stone with a railroad spike. Buffy smiled when she realized this had to be her Spike's work.

Buffy returned to her room and again drifted to sleep thinking of Spike. In her dream she saw twins, a boy and a girl. The girl had blue eyes and slightly curly brown hair. The boy had hazel green eyes and short brown hair that curled softly at the ends reminding her of Spike's hair when it was not slicked back with hair gel. The twins smiled at Buffy and took off running. Buffy ran after them and had to use her Slayer speed to keep up.

They ran across a desert and into a temple much like the one that Buffy had found the guardian in when she was fighting Caleb and The First. Buffy entered and the curtain parted. The first Slayer stood before her and spoke the words "There is hope". Buffy turned to the sound of giggling, she found Spike holding the twins all of them smiling at her. Spike motioned with his head for her to look at the wall. Buffy turned to see writing on the wall that said "Unto each generation " Buffy did not read on, as she knew it all to well. She looked at Spike who motioned again for her to read. This time the words had changed " One line broken and the balance changed. One defied nature must restore it again. From once dead foes life springs forth. Slayer line reborn through unlikely birth." Buffy awoke in a fetal position rocking and crying as she hugged herself.



Back in LA Spike receives a package that some how makes him corporeal again. After helping Angel for a while he still cannot let go of Buffy and leaves to find her. He was set up with the company plane and a good luck from Angel as well as the usual warning about hurting her. While on the plane he drifts off to sleep and dreams. He finds himself sitting in a chair watching his favorite show on the television. He looks up to see the Slayer enter the room. She is VERY much pregnant and more beautiful than he ever thought possible.

He got jealous seeing her that way and wondered where the father was since vampires are not supposed to have real children. Buffy was breathing funny and said," Well Spike, Come on it is time to make you a Daddy." Spike was shocked at what that statement implied and then he saw a ring on her left hand and noticed he had a matching one on his hand. He stood and grabbed the bag she was pointing at. He opened the door and dropped the bag as sunlight poured over him he waited for it to turn him to ash. Buffy stomped her foot and he noticed that he was not on fire or a pile of ash. She simple arched an eyebrow and said, "Old habits die hard?" Then stepped out to get into the SUV in the driveway. Spike stepped out in to the sunlight and then awoke on the plane crying softly whispering "If only". It was night when he landed and he went to find food and a place to stay for the day.

Buffy took out her sketchbook. She was no Angelus but Angel did try teaching her when they were dating. She had drawn pictures of those in her life many are now gone. She had pictures of her Mom, Dawn, Angel, Kendra, Anya, Willow, Xander, Faith, and even one of Spike done in color. She captured the love and mischief that would dance in the depths of those blue orbs. She sketched his hair soft and slightly curled the way he looked with no hair gel and before a hair cut.

Now drew the twins and added color to the eyes. Under the sketch she wrote, "There is hope" She also wrote the dream down in her journal. Buffy layback down on the bed and again went to sleep. This time she dreams herself in the graveyard where William was buried. Drusilla walked up to Buffy singing to herself. She stops and looks at Buffy and in her sing song voice says, "Daddy was mad at me. He was tired of taking care of me. William said I looked like a dark goddess. He read poetry. I liked him but he was a boy then. Daddy said we would come back again. Daddy was more patient than my William was. We came back years later and his eyes were different. He was tired of living and wanted to die, so daddy killed him and gave him my blood to give new life.

William cried as his mother wept over his grave and she coughed a pretty red. William turned her that night. William was still too human even then. The next thing he wanted to do was punish some boys at his school. William crucified them on trees around the school with spikes. He even left a note "Beware of harsh words that breed bad deeds" I did not understand but Daddy thought it was funny and began to teach William every thing he knew. Daddy got mad and left one day. My William took me away and loved me and took care of me. When Daddy found us again William had to be punished. Daddy had his way with William that day and night.

You and William killed Daddy but Daddy came back. Not same Daddy. I told William he tastes like ash. Then was ash. But he came back too. Not same William. If I taste him again I think he will taste like you. You changed the world, world not done with you yet. Powers that be not done with William. William will send me to rest in peace like dust back to the ground. World is done with Drusilla. No Mummy, no Daddy, no William, just Drusilla and sleep." Drusilla then skips away signing again. Buffy woke up and started writing everything she can remember word for word knowing there are always hidden meanings in Drusilla's words. Then for no reason she can think of she draws the Drusilla she saw in her dream.

Buffy asked around until she found a girl who said she might have some information for her. Elizabeth Lunsford had recently inherited a trunk that contained items from the women in her family dating back to the late I800's. Buffy told her she was researching an old family member for a psychology thesis paper at school. Together they opened the chest and sorted the contents. It was full of fascinating things passed down for over 200 years. Buffy Gasp when she came across several drawings. Most were of a young William and must have been done years before he was turned. Elizabeth looked at the drawings with a simple a he’s cute and continued sorting thing. She handed Buffy a book and some letters.

The book was a journal with more poems than entries. Buffy recognized Spikes handwriting. Buffy looked again at the drawing sensing something familiar about them. Then she saw the signature and dropped them like they had burned her. It was Angelus. There was even one of a very young William on Drusilla's lap. The letters were written to a woman named Cecily over many years from William. There were also a few pages from a diary." Today William is dead. We will bury him soon. I feel bad that our last words were harsh. He read his poem to me at school. The other boys made fun of him. I have been telling him there could be nothing between us that we are too different. Yesterday I told him he was beneath me. I hated the look in his eyes but I would be leaving soon and I could not take my sweet William with me. I hoped we could remain friends and I was trying to help him find his Father. I truly did love him and that was why I had hurt him to save him. I was not good enough for him and I knew it even if he did not. Drusilla even said a greater purpose awaits us both. I leave after the funeral for London. A lead on William's father introduced me to a group called the Watchers Council. I will be starting my journey to becoming a Watcher soon. When I mentioned Drusilla and Angelus they asked a lot of cryptic questions. They want me to bring the drawings of William. I have a strange feeling now that I will not like what I find out about the two."

Another page was also in the chest "I am leaving today but I visited William’s grave first. My trip was put off a day due to his death. From what I have learned already it appears my fears were right. My William has risen and I think that Drusilla, Angelus and Darla are the cause. I will try to protect William and keep as much of this from the Council as I can. His mother gave me most of his personal belongings from his life. I hope Anne is going to be all right. She is a sweet woman who was dealt a hard life."

There was also a note to the owner of the chest. "In this chest are memories. The bundle addressed "William" is to remain unopened until someone comes asking for him. Please be true to your family name and pass this as I have requested. All my love to you Cecily." "How odd?" Said Elizabeth after reading the note aloud to Buffy, "It is as if she knew you would be here but how could she that was over 200 years ago." Buffy kind of shrugged, "I knew a few members of that Council thingy from what they say this Drusilla lady could tell the future. Pretty silly right?" Buffy lied. Buffy had told Elizabeth she was researching the, "whole nature verse nurture thing." Buffy was glad when Elizabeth offered her the items without further questions.

Buffy returned to the archives at the school, which held all the salvageable items from the old watchers council. She began looking for information on Spike, Cecily, Spikes mother Anne and the man who may have been his father. Buffy found many references that lead her to various other references. There were old journals and class papers. It seemed that the major part of what survived the explosion at the watchers council had been from centuries earlier because it was stored underground and spelled to keep it safe from decay.

Buffy was down there for several days. She would not let others help and only came out to sleep, eat and go to the bathroom. There were notes everywhere and several open books. It looked like the library at the old Sunnydale High when the whole Scooby gang had an all night research the demon before it destroys the world session.

Buffy finally called Giles and Willow down to show what she had found. “It seems”, Buffy started, “That Cecily was looking for William’s father and was some how introduced to the watchers counsel. Cecily started watcher "school" right after William died and had learned enough from watcher friends that she knew he had risen and the counsel would kill him again if they knew. She kept the information about him to herself.

Williams’s "friend" Drusilla had told Cecily she would have to protect him one day for a greater purpose was their destiny." Giles jumped "DddddDrusilla prophesied about Spike to Cecily?" he stuttered. "Looks like" said Buffy and then continued "Entries in several journals point to an argument Cecily had with a watch named Price. Journals mostly said they had argued about a prophecy and something about Price's son. Most wrote it down because they did not know Price had a child any where and it struck them as odd although no one asked for clarification.

An old council report did show that Price had been reassigned and was not allowed to go out in the field as a watcher to a Slayer. Other references seem to imply he had an inappropriate relationship with a potential Slayer he was assigned to. I also found he was assigned to said girl in England and her name was Anne. My guess is that not only did Cecily find this out but also found prophecies that refer to Spike.

She knew him better than anyone else there and had argued that many of the prophecies that had been put together about one vampire, who we later find out is Angel, actually are more likely about Spike. I have made a list of some for Willow and the girls to get to work on. Anything that is linked to Angel needs to be reread with the knowledge that there were two ensouled vampires. Brief the girls on the two and how they are different as that may be the clue we need. Angel was cursed with his soul, Spike won his." With that Buffy left the room and a very stunned Giles and Willow trying to understand everything they had just heard. Giles called LA and left a message for Wesley to contact him ASAP.

When the Wesley did call back Giles began with questions, "Wesley, do you know anything about a watcher named Price in the 1800's." Wesley thought for a moment, "Yes. One of my great grand Uncles or some such thing. He seemed to be a bit of an embarrassment to the family though, why!" Giles just asked more questions. "Would you happen to have a drawing or portrait of him or any thing that the family may have held on to?" Wesley began to worry, "I do not know I will ask and see what I find out. Is everything okay over there?" "What? Oh no everything is just fine he was…ummm… researching a prophesy and I want to be sure of what it is before I tell the others about it. Nothing to worry about. I promise once I filter through this information I will let you know what it is about." Giles lied but he did not want to say anything until he was sure. Wesley had the little information known about Price sent to Giles and a scan of a picture was also sent. Giles compare the pictures of Price and of William. He saw a striking resemblance in the two drawings. They had the same distinctive jaw line. Giles was sure that they even had the same intense blue eyes. Wesley had also found a love letter to a lady named Anne.

Giles picked up the phone and called Wesley back. "Hello Rupert I guess you received the information you where looking for." Wesley said cheerfully. He had just had a good day with Fred and things might be finally going the way he wanted there. Giles tone was flat as he replied, "Well I found it but I had hoped I was wrong. Wesley are you sitting down?" Giles quickly ran through the information that he had starting with Mr. Price and down to the fact that some of Angel's prophecies were not his at all. Wesley took the news that he had a vampire of a relative much better than Giles thought he would. Wesley promised to only tell Angel what he had to and to do research on the prophecies to help out. With that he headed for Angel's office. An evil grin came across his face as he thought about how best to tell Angel and how much fun he was going to have with the news.
Chapter 2 Finding by DragonVamp
Author's Notes:
Disclaimers:
I obviously do not own or claim to own any of the people, places or events written for BTVS or Angel. I do own all original people, places, and events on this site. If I borrow from another writer I claim no ownership they own what I borrow and will have credit for it. I think that covers it.
Buffy told Willow to also keep in mind that technically Spike killed more than two Slayers if you count the ones who died under his watch. That gave her more criteria to search with. As they searched many prophecies where also being put in data bases on computers to make research faster. There were many prophecies that could have applied to Spike or Angel. Most of them were very cryptic of course.

Willow found one that was written in many languages. She translated it and gasped at the possible meaning. Most knew about the Shanshu prophecy where a vampire turn champion will become human. Angel sort of strives to achieve it. The prophesy Willow uncovered stated: “Balance broken, good may win, what was to be is done again, from two long dead life comes forth, from two enemies does true love curse, unlikely offspring the balance restores, new evils found, new good is born. One line ended and another reborn”. From Ceicly's notes she seemed to believe this and the Shanshu prophecies were about William. Buffy finally confided in Willow about her dreams and showed her the sketches. Willow bit her lip to keep from saying what she wanted to, she did not want to spout prophecy until she had done more research on what it could mean. She did encourage Buffy to keep hope.
Spike found his own grave. It had been cleaned up recently and a new stone was added behind the broken one. William Price was the name written on the stone. Spike was in shock as he read one of his own poems etched in the stone and a drawing of him and a inscription along the bottom said" Saved to save many, missed and loved by more that he could ever know" Under that in bold capital letters read "A TRUE HERO". Spike felt tightness in his throat and could not stop the salty tears that began to pour. Buffy arrived at that moment. She came here often and spoke to his grave. When she saw him there she could not believe it. Some hell beast must be playing a cruel joke on her.

"Are you real?" she asking in barely a whisper.
He turned and looked at her, "Is this heaven?" Spike managed to choke out the words.
Buffy's own tears began to fall and her voice squeaked as she spoke "Not unless your here."

More tears fell from both of them as the came together mouths meeting in a crushing kiss, both seemed to fear if I they parted the other would vanish. Finally Buffy had to break the kiss to breathe. She sucked in big gulps of air and stared in to his blue eyes. They finally sat on the bench by his grave.

Spike was overwhelmed with emotions so he arched an eyebrow and simple asked "You?" Buffy nodded. "Price?" was his next question and again she nodded. "How?" Spike squeaked his voice full of emotion and the unshed tears he was holding back. Buffy's green eyes looked into his blue ones, "How?” she repeated his question as she gestured as if to say “Walking, talking, not dust?.

Spike looked up at the moon as he thought of where to begin. He laughed quietly then he looked around and remembered their bench in the graveyard where he had lived in Sunnydale. Many a night they had talked, fought, and made love on that bench. Buffy seemed lost in a similar memory as she sighed. He pulled he close to him as he began to tell her what he knew about his journey from pile of dust to holding her on a bench in the graveyard. He told her how much he still loved her and she snuggled closer to him. She told him of how lost she had been when she came to London. For the fist time in months she spoke honestly about her feelings. Spike was the only one she had ever been able to open up completely with. He knew when she was lying and would call her on it. He did not judge her only listened when she needed it.

She told him about deciding to find out all she could about him. "No one knew much and that is not right with all you did to help me and every one else." She watched his face as she told him about Elizabeth and finding the bundle in Ceicly’s trunk. Told him of the research finding out about Anne and Price. She did not tell him about the prophecy research or her dreams. She felt those were better left for another time. Spike knew she was holding back information but he had enough to deal with he would not press the issue now.

Buffy had seen every emotion there was run across Spikes face as she spoke. The silence grew thick as Spike tried to digest all that she had told him. When he finally found his voice he shook his head saying, "Cor, Mum a potential Slayer, watcher and all." He paused to think. A look of horror pain and then disgust crossed his face and tears fell again as he whispered, "That is why she did it." Buffy was confused.

Spike began to try and explain, "Mum was sick when I was turned. I loved my Mum and wanted her to live forever with me. I told her all about being a vampire and that I wanted to turn her too. She seemed like she already knew everything I told her and she accepted with out much protest or explanation. I though it was strange as she had always wanted things explained in dept. Pet, Each vampire is different. We each have our strengths and weaknesses. Some of them depend on how we lived in life too. The demon lets our human inhibitions go, we no longer as concerned with social rules of human society. The demon has its own social structure and it is like a natural instinct. In the world Mum grew up in she was out cast due to her pregnancy with me. She was told how I was evil and she was going to hell for her lustful desires and actions. So her sexuality was very suppressed.
I was a scorned romantic. I was made to feel bad about my romantic pursuits and myself. I was call names because I dug poetry. Dru was shy and had vision. She was told her gift was evil and she should not speak of it so she suffered with that knowledge she could not share. Liam was a drunken lout. He was mean and rude but he still had the social yoke on so he did not act on his impulses as much as he wanted to.

Angelus turned into an evil killer who played with his food. Dru was driven further insane before she was turned and got off on causing pain on people like her visions had caused her. I took to the hunt more than the kill. I still had very human emotions that where intensified when I was turned. I took revenge on those that wronged me and I loved and looked after Dru like I had my Mum when she was sick. Mum was free to feel the lust that had been hidden inside her. I was devastated when she made very crude suggestion to me and Dru and when she told me what she wanted to do with Angelus, Darla, and us. I staked her. After that I lashed out at the boys from school who had tormented me in life. Angelus took notice and began to teach me. It took a long time for me to break his hold on me. There are still times when he speaks and I do like a good little childe. I hated him for a long time. Now I see him more as an equal, but still like a father. Oddly enough it helps to know I will always be his favorite Childe."

Buffy just listened as his mind and talk drifted from one thing to another. She loved it although it reminded her of that ADD commercial with the channel flipping. All of a sudden he stopped talking and looked at Buffy with his eyes so wide she thought they would pop out of his head. "Price? As in Windom-Price? Am I related to Wesley?" She did not think it was possible but his eyes seemed to get even bigger. Buffy giggles at his expression. It was the sweetest sound Spike had ever heard. He took her face in his hands and kissed her tenderly.

Spike stood up and took Buffy's hand as he led her to the room where he was staying. Once in the room he just looked at her for a long time. She reached up and brushed her lips over his slowly. Spike responded at once with a small growl rumbling in his chest. He deepened the kiss. Next thing Buffy knew they where lying on the bed. They spent hours exploring each other with tender kisses and caresses. They were relearning each others body and for the first time Spike was able to really make love to he the way he had always wanted. Buffy wanted the world to stop and freeze them in that moment for all the rest of time. They did not wanted to close their eyes or sleep fearing they would wake to this being nothing more than a dream. Enviablely sleep finally over took the pair and they lay securely in each other’s arms.

Willow and Giles poured over books of prophesies. Giles and had his precious The Pergamum Codex. Elizabeth had tried to contact Buffy at the number she had given her. She ended up talking to Willow instead. The two agreed to meet for coffee. Elizabeth, as it turns out was Wicca and in search of a coven, so Willow invited Elizabeth to her coven. While talking Elizabeth let on that she knew about vampires and that she had met a great aunt of hers who was now a Justice demon named Halfrek. Willow almost chocked on her coffee and told Elizabeth that they knew Halfrek a little to well.

Elizabeth had even contacted the council seeking to be a watcher. Then The First had struck and no more council. Willow brought her back to meet Giles. Giles was as intrigued with the young woman as Willow was. He gave Elizabeth a test of sorts to assess her knowledge and skills. Seems she was excellent at cryptology, so he put her to work helping the group research. She was extremely intelligent and learned fast. Willow was glad to have someone other than Giles who she could talk to without having to explain things.

Spike was not ready to face the rest of the group. He explained to Buffy his insecurities about "dieing saving the world" then being in is same undead state again. Buffy giggled, "If I had a dollar for every time I have cheated death. I think Slayers got crossed with a cat at some point 'cause this is like life number four or so." Spike began to laugh as they left the room for a night on the town. He had dreamed of this night but never imagined he would actually be walking around London showing Buffy the sites. The couple had just managed to close the door to the hotel room as the sunlight chased them inside. They fell on the bed laughing and out of breath. They made love and slept the rest of the day away.

Willow stared at the Prophesy in front of her and Elizabeth. "With sires death again draws breath. An act of love draws sires blood. A change will follow soon when blood is on the moon." There is another one on the table that says "twice dead alive once more, from line that was broken come the hope of the world." They had many prophecies that said similar things. Elizabeth was not up on the whole Slayer history and asked about the line broken.

Giles pinched his nose and wiped his glasses, "Buffy broke the Slayer line. She broke it by dieing and then in a spell during the battle with The First when she activated the other Slayers that are now here at the school." "Giles" willow started "Buffy died twice and is alive once more. She had a dream where the first Slayer showed her hope in the form of Spike and two children, their children, twins, boy and girl." Giles stared at Willow for a moment and was about to call LA and ask when Buffy called.

While Giles was talking to Buffy, Willow and Elizabeth discussed the prophecy. "I think it is about the children!" Elizabeth started. "It seem that Buffy breaking the Slayer line also tipped the balance. Now it needs to restore itself. I have a feeling Slayer lines are going to die out and a new breed of demon killer will emerge." Willow agreed with a node.

Giles hung up the phone and told the girls that Buffy was fine and would be home with some thing interesting for us tomorrow night. *I swear that girl keeps vampire hours lately* He thought to himself then rolled his eyes, what better hours for a Slayer to keep Rupert you pillock. Wesley arrived that afternoon with some more information and to touch base with the group in person. Some research cannot be done a continent away.

Several of the new Scooby gang all sat around the table. Xander felt like they were back in the old Sunnydale high library. Buffy came in and said hello to everyone. Giles was happy to see a sparkle back in her eye. Wesley looked at her and ask, "So where is that cousin of mine?" Most of the occupants of the small room all looked at him as if he had grown two heads. Buffy giggled at the expressions on everyone's face as she drug Spike out from behind the door where he was hiding. Giles stared wiping his glasses so hard Buffy feared the glass would dissolve, Xander fainted, Willow and Elizabeth stared in shock and Wesley just said "Welcome home William Price."

Once everyone calmed down from the shock of seeing the walking dead man walking again. He was introduced to Elizabeth while Wesley explained how Spike came back and that he would have said something but assumed they knew about Spikes return. After a little while Wesley got a call from Angel about a problem back in LA. Giles sent several Slayers and Andrew back with Wesley to help. Several of the girls were glad to get the break from research duty.
Chapter 3 Family ties- a Sire's bond by DragonVamp
Author's Notes:
Thanks to everyone who has posted reviews. I am sorry if my gramer and structure is a bit off. Have been trying to get one of my editors to fix it for me. If someone wants to help please let me know. I do my best sice most of my writing is at about 2am after school, work, and my husband are taken care of. Again thanks for the reviews...........................................Trinity

Disclaimers:
I obviously do not own or claim to own any of the people, places or events written for BTVS or Angel. I do own all original people, places, and events on this site. If I borrow from another writer I claim no ownership they own what I borrow and will have credit for it. I think that covers it.
Willow took the opportunity to talk with Spike. After okaying it with Buffy the two when for a coffee. Spike and Willow talked about what had been going on since his "Death" and Spike told her what he remembered and what it was like being a ghost. Willow reminded him of the Halloween that Ethan's spell turned her into a ghost. Then the talk turned to relationships.

Spike talked about Cecily and Dru and a little about Vampiric relations and the feelings he still had for Buffy. They talked about Willow's budding feelings for Elizabeth and how she could see what why he was so taken with Cecily. Spike just laughed and said, "She looks like her but it was beyond looks, pet. I have always had a thing for a girl with spirit. Come to think of it that is why Dru and I never made sense. I love Buffy so much, because she believes in me and needs me and not in a dependant way. For the first time in my life or unlife I found my match. We have a lot in common as far as interest, I don't have to hold back when we spar, and her sense of humor is sharper than any sword. We both feel things intensely and I have work so close with her we move like one being when need be without saying a word." His blue eyes had unfocused and starred off into the distance as memories played before his eyes.

Willow looked at him in awe. She giggled to herself when she thought *this is the longest time I have ever seen him sit still* Spike asked Willow about Kennedy. Willow sighed and simple said, "Too young, stubborn, and strong willed. Too much like Faith." They both started giggling Spike looked at her and said, "I know what you mean Red." They finally returned to the School.

They found out the problem in LA had to due with a Slayer, Dana, that was in an institution when she was called by the spell. She had been tortured as young child and was not mentally sound enough to deal with the dreams that came with being a potential and then the call came and the confused girl suddenly had super strength. Gunn and Wesley where almost too late to save Angel. If he had not been a Vampire he would have been dead. They had captured her, sedated her and where shipping her back to the school where she could get real help.

The next evening Spike and Buffy went for a walk in an old graveyard near by. They sat there talking until the both suddenly stopped. They exchanged looks as they both sensed someone enter the graveyard. Spike smelled her and told Buffy it was Dru and maybe ten minions. Spike said most of them smelled young many new fledglings. Buffy past him a stake as they both stood to face Drusilla. "See back but not my William. Smells like Daddy. Do you taste like Slayer? World is done with Princess. William make me sleep my childe, my love, blood of my blood.", Drusilla said in a sing song voice while emitting a odd purring noise. Buffy stared in shock as the words in her dream came back to her.

Spike looked at the creature in front of him. The woman he had been with for almost two centuries. With an exasperated look Spike said, "Dru if you wish to sleep go out side and watch the sun come up, Attack a Slayer, lay on a cross, bathe in holy water, just do not ask me to do this." Dru keep purring. One of the minions stepped up. He was older and looked to be a well trained lap dog to Dru, "Master" the vampire stated showing reverence to Spike then continued, "Master, Mistress says you must put her to rest. She said it is a last test; she must thank her companion and help him live again. Mistress had a vision said the world was done with her and all is ash. She was warned that if Master fails all is lost and fights like the one with The First will follow all your days." Spike knew what the vampire was saying was true and he must do this.

He looked at Buffy and said, "I have to be a Vampire now. I am bound by blood to do as she asks. Remember I love you more than my unlife." he shook his head and said, "You should not be seeing this. What ever happens do not interfere and do not leave. You are in no danger and I will answer all you questions when I can. I love you" Then he kissed her lips and left her to watch this rarely used ritual. Spike went into his demon face and made a odd noise all the vampire responded with a similar noise but on a different note.

He looked at Drusilla with a tenderness in his eyes and shed a tear, "Is this how it must be Dru?" he questioned. Dru's purr changed slightly as she exposed her neck to Spike in a show of submission. Tears streamed down his face as he sank his fangs into her neck and drank. He heard storied about this but most Vampires with a death wish found a Slayer to due the job. He had been warned by the stories to never take the last drop or you could go through odd changes. Spike dismissed that thought as he drank in the last drop of Drusilla and staked her in the heart.

The minions then surrounded the one they would now call Master. Following Spike's lead they all let out a howl that would wake the dead and it broke Buffy's heart to hear it. She worried a bit after seeing this. Spike had only loved a few women in his life and two in his unlife. His mother had keep secrets from him and made him destroy her when she was turned. Cecily had lied to him and pushed him away for selfish reasons. Drusilla had depended on him but never really loved him the way he had loved her. Even now she asked him to do the hardest thing he could do, kill her. Buffy though of how she would feel if she had to kill Angel again. New tears sprang forth and she prayed that she would never hurt Spike emotional again.

Spikes howl of pain turned to rage. Before anyone could blink he had dusted every other vampire in the graveyard. Buffy was a bit frightened. She had never seen him move so fast before. Still in game face he charged at Buffy. Not sure what to do she dropped into a defensive stance. Spike stopped three feet away and sniffed the air, slowly walking to Buffy. He then dropped to his knees, put his arms around her waist and hugged her to him. Rain fell from the sky like the heavens were crying as Spike began to sob, so great were his emotions that great tremors racked his body as he cry. Buffy slid down to the ground and put his head in her lap as she gentle caressed his cheek. She watched as his human mask slipped on to his face as he calmed.

Soon they stood, Spike's emotions were weighing on him making it hard to move, and Buffy helped him make it back to their room. Almost before the door even closed Spike's mood had changed. He slammed her against the door assaulting her mouth with his own not caring about anything in that moment, but satisfying the need to be deep inside Buffy, feeling her around him holding him. Spike shredded their clothing in his haste to feel skin on skin. His mouth never left her lips as he lifted her against the door and rammed into her body roughly slamming her into the door with each thrust. She knew she would have hand shaped bruises on her hips where he gripped them, his nails dug into her soft flesh cutting deep. With in moments he tore his mouth away and bit into her shoulder as he brought them both to a violent climax that left them shaking. Taking in an unneeded breath Spike picked Buffy up and laid them on the bed. They lay there for hours as Spike cried. Buffy turned things over and over in her mind. She did not quite understand what had happened, but she knew something was about to change.

Willow and Elizabeth sat watching the moonrise. The blood moon would be here soon. Both women were worried. Spike awoke to find himself lying on top of Buffy. He removed his fangs from her neck and found he was still intimately connected to her. He carefully withdrew from her as to not awaken her. After a few seconds his head cleared and panic shot through him. He reached over and put a hand on her pulse point as he listened to the rhythm of her heart and heard the soft sounds of her breathing. He trembled as relief shot through him and shivered at the thought of what he could have done to her.

He pulled a cigarette from his pack on the nightstand, flicked his lighter, took a long drag, and then looked down at Buffy a sleep in the bed. He was not sure what all had happened. Drusilla asked him to kill her; he kissed Buffy and told her he loved her. The rest is a bit of a blur, like watching a movie through a window in the rain. He looked at her again and picked up the phone. He called room service to get Buffy some food and then took and unneeded breath and called the school. "Watcher I need to talk", was all he said when Giles answered the phone. They set up the time and place to meet and Spike hung up the phone.

There was a knock at the door signaling the food wad there so Spike pulled on a pair of sweet pants and opened the door. Instead of food he found Angel at the door looking very tired and worried. Spike threw his arms around the older vampire, who was the only father he had ever known. Angel was stunned but took his Childe in his arms and comforted him. After a moment Angel spoke so only Spike could hear, "Spike, we should go inside people are starting to stare." Angel looked at the boy who had brought the food from room service. He tipped the boy and simply said and simple said they had a death in the family, which was true. Angel brought the service table into the room as he followed Spike.

Once the door was closed the smell of sex and blood hit him. He looked over at Spike and then he saw Buffy on the bed. Spike has covered her with the coverlet on the bed. Angel looked back at Spike with an unspoken question on his lips. Spike ran a hand through his hair and spoke in a manner Angel remembered only hearing once before when Spike had staked his mother. "She's fine, some rest, some food, and some explanations she will be FINE!" he said and under his nonexistent breath the added "I hope". He looked up at Angel as tears started to fall and through them he said, "If she was not a Slayer she would have died! I don't know why she let me " his words were chocked off as fresh tears began to fall. Angel held him in his arms and comforted him and whispered, "Because she loves you". After a while Spike stood pulled himself together and took a shower leaving Angel sitting with his own thoughts.

Once he had showered and dressed he told Angel he had to go talk to the watcher and asked him to answer Buffy's questions. Angel pressed a paper bag into Spike hand and said he would take care of it. Spike closed the door and opened the bag to find a few hospital blood bags inside. He found a dark corner and consumed the contents before disposing of the bags and continuing on his way.

Buffy awoke to find Spike gone and Angel watching her. She pulled the cover tighter around her and looked at Angel. Before she could ask he told her Spike had to go out for a while and would be fine, but they needed to talk. "Let me get dressed first." she waited then added "close your eyes." Angel tensed a little remembering when the last time she asked him to do just that. He finally closed his eyes and listened as she rose from the bed, opened a drawer and the he heard the bathroom door close.

He opened his eyes again and waited. Closing his eyes had not helped because he still smelled her and his mind flashed images of her making love to him at only sixteen. When Buffy came out of the bathroom freshly showered and dressed in a loose tee shirt and jogging pants. Her hair was in a loose ponytail and made her look about fourteen years old instead of the woman who was now over twenty in age and eons beyond that in maturity and wisdom. The slight wrinkling around her eyes and the look in her eye was the only thing that gave her age away. It was a testament to all she had been through, which was more than anyone deserved to be put through in one life time and most of the worst parts were do to him. This only added to his guilt.

As if reading his thoughts she came and sat by him and took his hand. "Angel you forgave me for sending you to hell and I don’t want you to feel guilty over what Angelus did. It was not you and you did not know about the happy clause or you would not have let me be with you and would have left me sooner. It's okay. We both survived. We both moved on." Buffy said as she looked into his dark brown eyes "I need to ask your forgiveness for what happened before the final battle with The First. It was wrong of me to kiss you like that. I was fighting myself at the time and fighting the fact that I was in love with Spike before he had a soul and I was feeling guilty over the way I used and abused him. It is not an excuse for turning to you though. I will always love you and you will be my first, but Spike is my equal and he balances me. We fight because we love each other even though our head tells us it is not right. I am very sorry!".

He knew she was right but it still was not easy to let go of the past. He nodded his head then asked Buffy what happened. She told him what she saw and as much as she could about what had happened when they got back to the room. Angel took an unneeded breath. Buffy had been a Slayer for many years and knew more about Vampires and other creatures than most Watchers. Loving two of them gave her even more knowledge of them. She was the only Slayer in known Watcher history to live to be over twenty, she was the first to work with or fall in love with a vampire, she was the first to have friends and a life around slaying and the fact that she never really hid her slaying from everyone all contributed to who she was and to her success. Angel began to explain to her about Vampire relationships and ended up only filling in the blanks for her. He told her a little about rituals done in the family. He only told her as much as he felt she needed to know and only elaborated when she asked. As far as Angel knew no human had ever see, taken part in or known about many of these rituals unless they were the main focus for sacrifice or feeding.

Buffy took all the information in then turned to Angel and asked a question that left him staring at her in astonishment, fear, jealousy and love. Angel told her most vampires have very active sex lives within and with out the family, but occasionally two would declare one another as a mate and keep only to their mate and their sire. The sires mostly use sex to control their childe and to retain dominance over them. Buffy asked if Spike had ever been claimed and if it would be possible for her to claim him. At first Angel did not know what to do or say but then he reluctantly told her how it could be done.

Spike set down with Giles. He told the former watch what had happened the night before and explained anything he had questions about. Spike did not tell him anything about what he had done to Buffy in his grief: when he was done he asked Giles to do him a favor then turned to leave. Spike then felt a hand on his arm and turned to look at a man who once hated anything not human, a man who Spike had come to highly respect and the one whom he went to when he could not or would not talk to Angel. Giles pulled Spike into him arms unknowingly showing great trust in the vampire by exposing his neck in the embrace. Giles spoke softly to Spike saying, "You will have what you requested soon." then Giles release Spike enough to look into his eyes as he spoke to him again, "Take care of yourself and Buffy. Remember I am here for you both and love each of you like my own." With that Giles left the stunned vampire standing there with his mouth open.

Spike turned to walk back to the hotel. He stopped outside the doorway and looked at the sky. The night was bright and clear despite it being a new moon. The stars were breath taking. *The only thing more beautiful is Buffy* Spike thought as he opened the door. Spike shut the door and turned just as Buffy punched him across the jaw. He was not prepared and did not see the second punch that hit his other cheek just before she kicked him across the room. Spike was not sure what her problem was. He quickly assessed the situation and determined to get back out the door and away from her so someone else could ask her what was wrong.

With that in mind he got in a defensive stance and tried to get past Buffy to the door without hurting either one of them. Every time she would kick him across the room again. She never advanced just keep him from the door. For a moment he wondered if SHE had lost HER soul. He tried once more and she caught him on the back of the head, then his world went dark. When he regained consciousness he found himself chained to the bed face down nude. When he moved he felt a sharp pain as something hit him on his back and across one cheek of his ass. He turned his head to see Buffy holding a whip. She cracked it over him again and again never saying a word. Spike felt his heart breaking and wondered what had happened while he was gone. He finally passed out from the pain and blood lost.

He awoke again feeling very drained and hungry. He thought he was loosing his mind, he knew if he did not feed soon he would loose control over his demon. Spike felt the restraints on his legs being loosened and he was turned to lie on his back. Buffy then retied the leg restraints. Buffy then climbed up his body pausing to bite him here and there drawing blood. When he groaned in pleasure she slapped him hard cutting his lip. His demon surfaced and snarled at her. Spike tried hard to control it, he was afraid he would hurt her maybe kill her if he could not get control. Spike lost the fight when Buffy sunk down impaling herself on him. When he regained some control Buffy was laying on top of him her head on his chest. He found himself still buried deep inside her. Spike blinked as his mind tried to grasp what was happening. Buffy lifted her head as she lifted herself up and slid back down on him. Spike looked up into her eyes trying to find out what was wrong. He was shaken to the core when she said "Mine" as she pushed up and slid back down again. She said it over and over as she rode him until the both flew over the edge into a blinding orgasm.

The door to the bedroom opened and Angel came in. He took off his cloths, untied Spike and climbed into the bed with him and Buffy. Spike was still in shock. He now knew what was going on but he could not believe it was happening. Buffy could not really be claiming him as her mate, could she? Spike, Buffy and Angel continued the ritual. Angel pulled Spike to him on the bed and let out a low growl. Spike submitted to his Grandsire. Angel and Spike renewed their bond as sire and childe. Angel bit into Spike’s neck causing them both to orgasm. Angel growled at Spike and said “MINE” before using a sharp claw like nail to carve a mark over the bite he had given Spike. The mark showed what clan he belonged to and that he was the favored child of the Master of the clan. Then Angel Pointed to Buffy, “What was once mine, I give to my Childe. Claim your mate”. Spike then made love to Buffy and marked her in much the same way using his own claw. All who saw this mark would know she was mate to Spike, favorite childe of Angelus. To vampires this marked Spike as the prince of the clan and Buffy his princess. The three finally fell asleep Spike in between.
Chapter 4 changes by DragonVamp
Author's Notes:
Disclaimers: I obviously do not own or claim to own any of the people, places or events written for BTVS or Angel. I do own all original people, places, and events in my stories. If I borrow from another writer I claim no ownership they own what I borrow and will have credit for it. I think that covers it.
Angel and Buffy awoke and looked at each other over the sleeping blond in between them. Both had a shocked look on their face. Something was not quite right. Angel heard two heartbeats in the room. He used his senses to ascertain where it was coming from. Seconds later they both looked back at the sleeping vampire again. Buffy put her ear to Spikes chest and Angel did the same to his back. Their eyes met again. Spike's heart was beating.

Spike awoke feeling strange. He lay there thinking over all that had happened in the past month. He had been made corporeal again. Flew halfway around the world, found Buffy. Who was in love with him. He still could not believe that she actually loved him. Then Drusilla had called upon the blood bond and asked him to kill her. The blood bond was sacred. It was stronger than anything humanly imaginable. He could not resist the request. Buffy and Angel had comforted him. Buffy had participated in the ritual to claim him as her mate. She had even participated in the ritual with Angel giving him to her. He and Angel had made up after the death of Dru. Spike lay there for another moment then he noticed that he was alone.

Fear shot through him then he saw a note on the night stand. The note said Buffy was called to an emergency meeting and Angel had gone for food for him and Spike. Spike relaxed a little after reading the note and decided to get a shower. He took a nice hot shower even though he could not really feel the temperature he still liked to make the bathroom all steamy. As he was toweling himself off he tensed when he saw someone in the foggy mirror.

He looked around not finding anyone. He wiped off the mirror and stared at a man with intense blue eyes and bleached blonde hair. He turned his head slightly and so did the man in the mirror. Spike splashed water on his face and rubbed his eyes before looking at the mirror again. He realized it was his refection.

Spike shook his head a few times and wondered if he was dreaming, he wondered if he would wake up in his room in LA and find this all a dream and nightmare. Realizing he was not dreaming he began to really look at himself while his brain continued to wonder what spell did this, who cast it, and was this a bad thing?

He noticed he needed to do his roots and that his hair was getting long enough it started to curl at the ends. He saw those cheekbones the girls always fancied. He thought for a moment and then slipped into game face and examined his demon. Then he heard it. A steady heart beat really close. He was not sure where it was coming from. He listened for a moment and exclaimed "Bloody 'ell I got a 'eart beat" his accent very pronounced as he spoke to the demon in the mirror.

He finally dressed, his human mask slid effortlessly into place and walked out of the bathroom as Angel entered the hotel room.

Angel looked at the expression on his childe's face and smiled. The only other times he had saw that look was the first time William had opened his vampiric eyes and took in the world anew and last night when Buffy claimed him as her mate.

Spike looked at Angel with a goofy grin and said "I got a 'eart beat and a reflection." Angel forced himself not to laugh and simple said "Destiny and prophecies."

Spike still did not understand so Angel tried to explain, "You drank the last drop and last night was a blood moon. You are destine to fulfill the prophecy. " Angel laughed as he put his arm around Spike, "The fun is just starting, my boy, and who knows what will happen to ya next. " Angel was still laughing at the stunned vampire when Buffy walked in.

She grabbed Spike away from Angel and placed a bruising kiss on his lips before she let him go. Spike grinned at her and said "I 'ave a reflection." With this Buffy smiled and Angel broke into another fit of laughter.

Giles stared at the papers in front of him and his face showed his tiredness and frustration. The rest of the research group's faces echoed his expression. Spike, Buffy and Angel all showed up at the research room after Giles called. The found out there was both good news and bad news.

The one time Watcher decided there were parts of their research that the three did not need to know and the research group had all sworn to not say a word only to watch. Giles feared that if they knew too much it would change the out come or things would happen out of time.

Buffy had told Giles about Spike's new condition earlier that day. "Watcher, what's happening to me? I am changing but into what mate?" Spike asked as they entered the room. Buffy worried, what if he turned human? Would he loose his strength and everything that made him more her equal? If not what else might change? Would the bond they now shared be all for not? Would he leave her like every other man in her life? Would she hurt him? "Stop worrying luv" Spike whispered so only she could hear.

"From what we found it seems you are becoming the first male Slayer. We will have to keep an eye out for more changes, but that is what we know right now. The prophecy said, "With sires death again draw breath. An act of love draws sires blood. A change will follow soon when blood is on the moon." You told me that it was Drusilla's blood that turned you so I think that is the Sires death and the act of love that drew sires blood. Last night was the blood moon and so it explains a bit about the changes."

Spike was unsure, "Watcher I did not draw Sires blood. I drained Dru dry because she called on the blood bond that bound me to her." Angel then spoke, "Spike, last night you drew my blood as we renewed the blood bond between us. You did that out of love for Buffy."
"No he did that out of love for you, Angel. What we did together was out of love for me,” Buffy added as she blushed and looked down at the floor, She had not talked to Giles about what they had done and he knew she was holding something back.

Giles was confused but knew it was a vampire thing and left it alone, "I want you to move into rooms here at the school for a while. It will make it easier to contact you, cheaper and I will assure you your privacy." Giles insisted. "Angel how long are you staying?" Spike asked. "I have things I must attend to. I will be here a day or two more then I must tend to my life in LA." Angel answered.

"I must have missed something. I know my site is not what it once was to be but dead boy and dead boy junior there just got along? Like friends or something?" Xander said. "Xander" several people in the room said as they rolled their eyes. "They made up" Buffy said as she smiled a secret smile at the to greatest loves in her life.

Angel and Spike laughed as Spike said "Prodigal son returns to dear old Granddad!" "Last descendants of The Order of Aurelius are family once more." Angel laughed. Everyone but Buffy looked a bit puzzled.

A few researchers slipped out unnoticed and began to look up The Order of Aurelius. A new group had been assigned to collect all the information on the bloodline they began immediately.

Spike, Buffy and Angel all moved into the school. They had their own suite complete with a small kitchen and refrigerator that someone had stocked with blood for the two men.
Angel stayed a few days as he said he would then returned to LA to deal with events set into place there. Both Spike and Buffy knew something big was about to happen. A lot of little changes occurred over the next several months.

Buffy felt different. She could not put her finger on what was going on with her. She had been so focused on Spike and helping him adjust to his changes she did not even notice the strangeness going on in herself and was unsure of when it started.

She did not say anything to anyone but just started to note in her journal anything odd about herself. She finally decided it was stress over everything that had been going on. She still jotted down a note if anything unusual happened but said nothing.

“You want me to what?” Spike asked Giles. *Was this git actually suggesting he get a job? * “I would like you to train the new Slayers in fighting techniques and help me translate some old text only you can read. Really Spike I know you are a lot smarter than you let on and that you had an extensive education before you were turned. I mean thirty years old in the 19th century ...You must have been a scholar or had a benefactor or something. You mannerisms do not say street urchin to me no matter how bad you behave. I suppose most of that is due to your mother’s up bringing and the fact that she at least had been born to money before the unfortunate events that happened to her after you conception.” Giles responded. "Careful how you speak of her Rupert" Spike warned.

Willow piped up with how if he was making money he could take care of Buffy and himself legally. That would make Buffy happy, Spike would have his own money to do what he wanted with, and He and Buffy could get their own place. That was the button Giles had forgotten about William would have killed for the opportunity to learn and make lots of money to support and impress his ladylove.

Spike was worried what a job would do to his reputation. In the end 19th century William reminded him of the since of pride in his own hard earned belongings and care of his family. Spike still held the sodden door open for her when he could so yeah, he would work to give her what ever her heart desired.
a night out by DragonVamp
Author's Notes:
Disclaimers: I obviously do not own or claim to own any of the people, places or events written for BTVS or Angel. I do own all original people, places, and events in my stories. If I borrow from another writer I claim no ownership they own what I borrow and will have credit for it. I think that covers it.
It was Friday night and everyone was bored. Andrew suggested shyly that they all go out to a club. He was a bit surprised when several of the group though that was a great idea. The decided to meet back in the common room in a hour. They quickly returned to their private rooms to get ready. Before long they were off to a local nightclub.

Xander escorted Shannon and Kelley while Andrew entered arm and arm with Vi and Lisa. Willow and Elizabeth follow the others in while Spike engaged Buffy in a soft, deep, hungry kiss that made her toes curl. With his Big Bad attitude in place he wrapped and arm around her waist and ushered her through the door to the table the others had found. Buffy had just caught her breath when they arrived. Spike immediately pulled Buffy out on the dance floor.

After a few songs they returned to the table. A waitress came over with a diet coke for Buffy and whispered to her, "The Immortal sends his regards and wishes to see you privately." Spike did not need enhanced hearing to hear what was said and not said. He grabbed hold of Buffy's hand as a small growl arose from his chest. Human now but still had that sexy animal like growl.

The hand he held bore a slim silver band. He had the mate to it on his own hand. He had picked them up not long after she had claimed him. It was a human jester and since he was human again. They had not talked of what the rings meant. They did not need to. It was an outward sign of the inward commitment to one another. Spike looked into Buffy's eyes asking a unspoken question.

Buffy felt on alert at once. She squeezed Spikes hand and never broke eye contact with him as she replied to the waitress, "Tell him thank you for the drink, but my MATE has my undivided attention booked up from now until forever." The waitress looked shocked but nodded her head and left to relay the message. Spike gave her and eyebrow lift and simply said "The immortal" He nearly spit the words so was the disgust in his voice. Buffy blushed, "I...I, when we got to Rome it had been a month since you dusted. The girls made me go out and were giving me drinks. I tried so hard to be okay and have fun, for them. I met a guy at the club and we when out once or twice. I still could not admit that you where the reason I could not move on.” Spike smile grew as he listened to her. “You ruined me for anyone else. I thought losing Angel and killing Angel was bad. I had to be drunk to even pretend I cared about life. He wanted there to be more between us but my heart was full of you. No room. I tried but it did not work.” Spike was so in awe he could not speak. Buffy giggled at herself as she continued, “It was not till later that I found out who he really was. You know me a bar full of normal guys and I go for the one there as far from normal as possible. Nothing happened Spike. We barely held hands and once or twice I let him kiss me on the cheek."

Spikes began to a chuckle. "I wish I could have seen his face when you turned him down. I wish I could see his face when the waitress gives him the message and he sees WHO you are with." Buffy looked puzzled. "You know him?" she asked.

Spike pulled up an old memory; "It was back in 1894 when Angelus and Darla, Dru and Me were running around Italy together. Not one of our best moments, but some of his associates got Angelus and Me to drinking, A LOT. Jumped us, knocked us out and we awoke chained up in a dungeon. He wanted us to leave town and we said no. While he had us disposed of he decided to add insult to injury and took both Dru and Darla under his thrall. We were release and came back to find the girls.. ." He blushed and looked mad, "Very well taken care of. They told us all about it and how he had both at the same time. Darla had never allowed that with any of us.......” Spike paused, “He ask you about the marks?” Spike asked as he touched the old bite scars on her neck. "I told him I was in an accident as a child." Buffy said.

She was starting to smile but she had various emotions running through her. Anger at Spike for his nostalgia, pissed at The Immortal for harming her Vampires, Laughter at the irony of it all. Mad at her naiveté and then her over whelming love for Spike.

Spike smiled one of his smiles only for her that made her melt into a puddle every time, "He knew exactly who you were and what you are. He knew who each of those marks belong to. The one thing he did not know is you. Beautiful, caring, strong, stubborn woman, My Slayer, My Buffy, My mate." With that he kissed her again. The world melted away and nothing existed for them but each other. Their private haze was broken by the need for air and the return of their friends whom had begun clearing their throats and coughing. Buffy and Spike grinned at everyone.

Spike stiffened and tightened his grip on Buffy who had some how ended up straddling his lap. Buffy looked at him is surprise then turned to see what he was staring at. Buffy swore softly. The Immortal was walking straight for them. "Bloody 'ell" Spike said looking at Buffy but not letting go. Buffy turned carefully so that she was sitting in Spikes lap and both of their ringed hands visible. The others at the table took cues from the blond duo and went to similar alert.

The Immortal approached the table and smiled “Buffy my dear. How good to see you again. I have missed you. Why have you not called me? It has been months.” Buffy squeezed Spike's hand as he started to growl again. “I would like you to meet my MATE. Wait you already know each other don't you. If not Spike this is The Immortal, The Immortal This is William the bloody, AKA the Slayer of Slayers, AKA the favored Grandchilde of Angelus Master of the order of Aurelius, oh and The First Male Slayer.” Buffy tossed him a grin and drew attention to the rings on their fingers.

“William” , The Immortal drawled the word out slowly, “Well done. Did not know you had any thrall like abilities. And who did the glamour quite remarkable.” “Thrall, that’s your thing mate, this is pure true love. As for the new look complete with 'eart beat and reflection. I got the Powers to thank for it, destinies and prophesies you know." He grinned at The Immortal and thought to himself, lost a few battles but I won the important one winning the war.

Buffy sent a look at Willow who nodded and waved her hand at The Immortal, the magic he had been trying to cast over the group dissipated. He looked at Willow in intrigued shock. Willow smiled, “I have dealt with much worst that you and FYI I would not try anything on any of the Slayers or their counterparts. Could hurt a lot-a-bit. Elizabeth wana dance?” Willow pulled her out on the dance floor before she broke into a fit of giggles. The rest of the table had to hide their smirks as well. All except Spike who had his old I'm the Big Bad smirk on as he leaned back a bit and cuddled Buffy to his chest and wrapped his arms about her.

The Immortal sputtered a bit then nodded a Good bye to Buffy and left. "Check and mate" Buffy said as she began to giggle. She and Spike where laughing as they again joined the gang on the dance floor. This was a good night.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=17475