The Demon Within by Pegasus
Summary: (AU- Buffy's human, no slayer, no vampires) Buffy and friends take a trip to England, and end up having to stay the night in an old inn. When William realizes that she may be the key to breaking a 100-year-old spell that has left him trapped between heaven and hell, he makes it impossible for her to leave. What happens when both of them end up fighting for their lives though? Warning-. Not a fluffy fic. Fantasy, please keep that in mind.
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Horror
Warnings: Violence, Sexual Situations, Rape
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 16 Completed: Yes Word count: 22197 Read: 20506 Published: 04/05/2006 Updated: 11/29/2006

1. Crossing the Atlantic by Pegasus

2. Contact by Pegasus

3. Soon by Pegasus

4. Encounters in the Dark by Pegasus

5. Frustration by Pegasus

6. Bring on the Rain by Pegasus

7. Solitary reflections by Pegasus

8. Cold Comfort by Pegasus

9. When Morning Comes by Pegasus

10. Seeing Things by Pegasus

11. Let the Healing Begin: part 1 by Pegasus

12. Let the Healing Begin: Part 2 by Pegasus

13. Free at Last by Pegasus

14. Making Plans by Pegasus

15. The Winds of Change by Pegasus

16. Fire and Ash by Pegasus

Crossing the Atlantic by Pegasus
Author's Notes:
Only the storyline is mine, I don't own any of the characters. Enjoy!
Despite the dull roar around her, Buffy found herself sliding into unconsciousness. The sounds and voices around her began to blur together, and despite her best efforts, she just could not remain awake any longer. Suddenly, a large hand clamped down onto her shoulder, and she felt hot breath next to her ear.

"Look's like I caught you off guard" came a low raspy voice. The fog in her head quickly cleared as she spun to face the much larger man.

"Angel, are you trying to give me a heart attack?!" Buffy shrieked, hitting her boyfriend playfully on the arm.

"Nope. Not at all." He grinned. "But we are about to get onto a plane for the next 7 hours, and, seeing as its a redeye, most of the other passengers will be asleep within an hour or two." Buffy just looked at the handsome football player, confusion marring her face. "Oh come on Buff, ever heard of the mile-high club?"

"Pervert! Do you have any idea how gross that those bathrooms are? Thats a big hell-no" Buffy wrinkled her nose distastefully at the suggestion, causing her boyfriend to burst out laughing once again.

"Where's your sense of adventure, Summers?" He teased, pulling her onto his lap.

"I am all about the adventure thing, just not so much the dirty, nasty thing." She began to squirm as he tickled her, trying to pull away.

"I'm just playin baby, I wouldnt make you do that. Once we get to the hotel though..." he trailed off suggestively, cocking an eyebrow in a semi-leer.

"Then I'll show you adventure" She completed his sentence, smiling right back at him. "Now let me go, you big dumb jock." She placed her hand on his broad chest and tried to push off of him, but only half-heartedly.

"Hey, you happen to be dating this big dumb jock!" Angel retorted, trying to fake a pout.

"Yea, I dont remember why..." Buffy trailed off, then slid her hand from his chest up to the back of his head. "Perhaps you should remind me?" She whispered, pulling his face down to hers. She kissed him softly, and Angel was only too willing to comply. Their kiss deepened, and Buffy wrapped her slender arms tighter around his neck, while Angel cradled her in his lap.

"Attention all passengers: British Airways flight 1379 to London-Heathrow will begin pre-boarding in just a few minutes. Please have both your tickets and identification ready in order to expedite the process. Thank you"

"Whoa, this is, like, totally wierd, we are actually going to England!" Willow flounced back into her seat, sending magazines flying. "God, you two! Makeout-fest much?!" Still lying across Angel's lap, Buffy merely tilted her head backwards, and looked at her friend up-side down.

"Jealous Wills?" Buffy grinned as the pert little redhead glared at her.

"Nope. Oz is plenty enough boyfriend for me" She said, a smile lighting up her face briefly, before she frowned slightly. "Speaking of which, they should be here by now." Oz, along with Faith, Cordelia, Mike, and and Dave, was on the other van driven by Ms. Calendar. Thanks to a last minute make-up check by Cordelia, the second group had started for the airport a few minutes behind the first.

"I would worry there Willow, this airport is huge. They probably just stopped to get some food or something." Angel offered his input, as Buffy moved back into her own seat, straightening her blonde ponytail.

"Yeah, I think Giles just went to find them" Buffy pointed in the direction the older man in the tweed jacket approaching the check-in counter. Willow leaned over and shook Xander awake, and the four friends began rifling through their carry-ons to find their boarding passes. Once Buffy had her passport and ticket in hand, she glanced back over at the check-in counter and frowned when she saw Giles frantically cleaning his glasses. "Hey guys," she turned to her friends. "Something's up." Sure enough, Rupert Giles hurried back to their little group.

"I'm afraid there's been an problem. Ms. Calendar called the airport to say that they had a flat tire, and wouldn't arrive for another hour."

"So what do we do?" Willow looked extremely concerned with this new information.

"Well, the airline can fit them on the next flight, but there isnt enough room for us all to stay behind. We will be taking this flight, and they will be along in the morning. We will simply catch the bus from Heathrow and settle into the a hotel somewhere outside of Oxford, along the M40. When the other group arrives, we can meet up in Oxford, and from there make our way to Buckingham. Or perhaps we can visit Stratford-Upon-Avon tomorrow, and then have a day in Oxford at the end of the trip. Then again, I do have friends in Banbury whom I haven't spoken with in ages..."

"Giles?" Buffy piped up, catching the librarian's attention.

"Yes Buffy?" He said, distractedly.

"I think your glasses are clean." She pointed out, causing him to look down at his hands for the first time in their conversation. He coughed, and replaced his now very shiny glasses back on his face.

"Erm, yes, now--"

"We are now boarding British Airways flight 1379, sevice to Heathrow International Airport." The loudspeaker crackled to life, startling the students. "Rows 35 and higher may begin boarding at this time."

"Oh, thats me!" Willow chirped, holding out her tickets.

"Actually, I think that's all of us" Angel explained, helping Buffy pick up her bag.

"And they will be on the next flight?" Willow looked at Giles for confirmation, excitement at their upcoming departure winning over her concern for her boyfriend.
Giles nodded in reply, and picked up his briefcase and novels.

The group made their way to the boarding attendants, and started down the long ramp leading to the plane that would soon be carrying them over the Atlantic Ocean, thousands of miles from home.
As Buffy was stepping onto the plane, she shivered when a chill ran up her spine. She paused, and looked down at her feet, down the inch-wide separation between the ramp and the plane. She bent down, and placed her hand just above the opening, but could only feel the heat rising from the tarmac.

"You ok there Buff?" Angel asked, trying to figure out why Buffy had halted just before getting on the plane.

"Yeah, it just got really cold for a second." She replied, still a little unnerved by the strange sensation. Angel only looked confused though, only feeling the warmth from the LA weather, and the warm air blowing out of the plane door.

"Probably just the nerves" he suggested, as she stepped onto the plane.

"Probably" She answered absentmindedly, shrugged off the unsettled feeling, and made her way to the back of the plane.

"Hey there, you sure you're ok? You still look a little pale." Angel said, as he sat down beside her.

"Thanks, I'm ok. I guess I am just a nervous flyer." She smiled weakly as Angel buckled her seatbelt for her.

"Don't worry about it. Here," he reached down into his bag, and pulled out a small packet.

"Dramamine?" Buffy said, reading the front of the packet. "But this stuff totally knocks me out. I'll sleep the whole trip." Buffy said, looking up at Angel's concerned face.

"Thats fine. I don't mind, we both need the sleep." He said, handing her a bottle of water. Buffy smiled gratefully, and quickly swallowed the pills. When she sat back, Angel had already placed her pillow on his shoulder, and pulled her up against him.

"You are too good to me," Buffy whispered, tilting her head up for a kiss, with which he happily complied. "Wake me up when we get there?" She smiled up at him one last time before settling down against him and closing her eyes.

"Of course. See you in England, Buffy" He whispered back, placing one more gentle kiss on her forehead before closing his own eyes in preparation for the long flight.
Contact by Pegasus
Author's Notes:
Just laying the groundwork before things can get interesting...
"This is where we are staying?" Buffy stood in shock at the large stone building in front of them. "But it's a church!" Giles stood before the group, re-checking his map in the afternoon light.

"Not according to this, or not anymore at least. Everyone gather your bags, we are going inside now."

While Xander and Angel helped unload the bags, Willow and Buffy couldnt help but stand in awe of the building in front of them. Surrounded by a high, intricate iron gate, the entrance to the building was obscured from their view. Vines grew all over the iron posts, given the front courtyard a prison-like feeling. Willow shrugged her shoulders, picked up the handle to her suitcase, and began dragging it towards the entrance.

"Come on Buffy" Angel said, helping her pick up her duffel bag and leading her towards the gate.

"I dont like the looks of this. This place gives me the creeps" She said, holding back a wave of revusion.

"Well, it's certainly no Hilton, but how was Giles to know that the town had a festival this week? We got lucky we found this place, otherwise we would have been sleeping at the bus station until the other group gets here."

"Well thanks for making me sound like a snob" Buffy stated rather indignantly. Realizing that he had somehow offended her, Angel quickly backtracked.

"I didn't mean it that way. I am just saying, maybe the inside is different." She shook her head, and then took his hand, mentally deciding to apologize to him when her jetlag-crankiness wore off.

"Oh my God, you guys have to see the inside!" Xander yelped from the doorway.

"Well, lets see if this is shocking in a good way, or in a bad way." Angel said blandly, pulling Buffy forward. The pair walked in the front entrance, and simultaneously sucked in their breath when their eyes adjusted to the darkness. The foyer was entirely made of stone. Wooden benches and a simply carved desk were the only furnishings, and a worn red rug covered a small area of the cold stone floor. The windows were narrow and high, darkened with dirt and half covered by vines creeping up the outer walls. Buffy scanned the entire front room, trying to dispel the creepy feeling washing over her.

"Look" Willow's voice sounded small and unnatural in the acoustics of the foyer, but Buffy spotted her friend standing alongside one of the two huge pillars that marked the doorway into the main hall of the building. While Angel helped Xander pile all the bags onto a worn looking wooden cart, Buffy walked up to see what her friend was gazing at.

"What?" She asked, causing Willow to jump.

"Geez Will, startled much?" Buffy began to tease, but stopped when she realized her friend was still staring intently at the carvings on the pillar. Buffy looked at the carvings, and the meaning of the picture hit her like a ton of bricks.

At the top of the pillar were angels, their wings spread over their beautiful bodies as they gazed down from the heavens. While some were gazing downward, others were standing on clouds with their backs half-turned from the scene below. Beneath these heavens was a heartbreaking scene. Men, women, and many children lay on the ground, bloody, their hands stretched towards the angels in the heavens, begging for mercy, the same angels who were turning away. From beneath them, creatures with claws of beasts and faces of monsters reached upward, clutching the feet and legs of the mortals, and dragging them downward into flames. Buffy felt bile rise into her throat, which she quickly swallowed back down.

"Guess these people were just religios zealots." she stammered, turning away. She was stopped though when Willow gripped her arm hard, forcing her to turn back towards the carvings.

"No." Was all she said, no expression on her face.

"No?" Buffy gazed at her friend, fearful at what she saw. A single tear rolled down Willow's cheek.

"Religious portrayals depict a struggle between good and evil. There is no struggle here, the heavens relinquished their hold on these people; the demons have control." Her voice sounded strange, like she was in a trance.

"Will, these things were just made to scare people into coming to church--"

"No! Can't you feel it? There is something here, something evil. This is too real, something happened here!" She stumbled backwards, and Buffy quickly grabbed her friend around the waist to keep her from falling. Willow whipped around to face Buffy, seemingly returning to her senses, a look of bewilderment on her face. "I, I don't know..." She stuttered.

"Its ok Will, I think we are all tired." Buffy soothed, but could not shake off the feeling of despair that had settled. When Giles entered the room followed by and old man, Buffy took the interruption as a chance to disregard the events of the past few minutes.

"Buffy, Willow, here are your keys. Xander and Angel, yours. I have to go to the bus station and wait for Ms. Calendar, since we have no way of contacting eachother prior to her arrival. I suggest you all settle in for the night; the other group may not be arriving until late this evening, and no doubt you will want to visit once they arrive. Erm, please try to refrain from causing any trouble. There is a tavern a half mile down the road, should you all become hungry. I have left 50 Euros with the innkeeper, in case you all decide you want to use it. Please stay together and do not wander. Everyone clear?" Because Willow was still acting strangely, Buffy nodded and grabbed the keys from Giles.
"Yup, shower time now. Whaddya say Wills?" Willow nodded mutely, and Buffy dragged her friend in the direction of the main hall. Xander and Angel followed after getting their keys, bringing the luggage with them.

Room 16, the girls room, was located towards the end of the main hall. Surprisingly, the room was cozily furnished with a Queen sized bed in the center of the room, two lantern-style lamps providing warm light, and even an old television set upon a large dresser. The windows were opened slightly, allowing fresh air to circulate in the room. The bathroom had a claw-foot tub with a shower attachment built onto the wall, and a small porcelain sink nearby. A small vanity with a carved mirror was in the corner, opposite a toilet. Despite the cold stone floors of the rest of the building, their room had a cozy yellow carpet that helped lend it warmth and brightness.

After feeling relief settle over her, Buffy quickly shooed Angel and Xander out.

"I dont know about you, but I am in desperate need of a shower." She sighed, turning to her friend. Willow was already sitting on the bed, her toiletries laid out in front of her.

"Ditto" She said, looking much more relaxed. Both young women lapsed into silence, reluctant to discuss the oddness of what had just taken place.

"I am going to finish this book actually, so how about you take the first shower?" Buffy suggested, already digging through her backpack to pull out the trashy novel that had piqued her interest back at LAX.

"Sure!" Willow lept up from the bed, grabbing the towel, and raced into the bathroom. Seeing how her friend was behaving now, BUffy figured whatever had happened was simply hormones or something, and assumed things were back to normal. She sat back, took a deep breath, and opened the book up to a steamy scene. "Nothing like a little romance to put things in perspective" she thought sarcastically.

After a lengthy shower, Willow finally came out.

"Sorry Buff, that felt so good I couldnt make myself get out." The redhead grinned happily, toweling herself dry.

"No prob. I am gonna jump in now. If you want to go down to the guys room at some point, I can just meet you there."

"Sounds good." Willow smiled, and tossed Buffy the facewash. Picking up her own towel, Buffy entered the steamy bathroom.

Damn Willow, you weren't kidding, Buffy thought while she stood under the steady stream of hot water. Reminding herself that the guys were probably waiting on her to get some food, the slender blonde reluctantly turned off the water. As she stepped out of the tub, she couldnt help but get the feeling that someone, or something, was watching her. Wrapping the towel around her lithe form, Buffy glanced around the bathroom. Satisfied that there was no one there, Buffy approached the vanity to comb out her hair. She removed her towel and used it to wipe off the mirror. Since she was already pretty dry, she leaned over and hung the towel from a hook next to the mirror. She admired the intricate brass hook for a moment, and then turned her attention back to the mirror. When she gazed into it though, her eyes locked on a set of red eyes. Terror gripped her so fiercely that she could not move, could not speak, could not even tear her eyes away. They stared back, locking into her gaze. As she watched, the color of the eyes changed from red to a frosty blue, piercing her to the core. Buffy suddenly experienced the same sensation as before, the coldness swept through her, chilling her through and through. Just as quickly as they appeared, the eyes were gone. Buffy came out of her trance, and, recognizing what she had just seen, panicked. She grabbed the towel from the hook and bolted back into the bedroom, desperate to get away from the vision, from the eyes that had seared her soul. As she ran through the doorway though, she collided with a large solid form. She screeched, pulling back, only to be stopped by two strong hands gripping her arms.

"Whoa there Buffy, are you ok?" The voice registered in Buffy's mind as Angels, and she slumped into his embrace.

"Angel, I-" She almost rushed into telling him what had happened, but as the reality of what she was saying hit her, she realized that she would sound completely crazy. "I didn't think anyone was in here. You scared me" She said, smiling.

"Sorry, unwelcome surpise I suppose." He smiled, but then his smile trailed off as his hand slid down her arm. "Although I have to admit, there is nothing unwelcome about seeing you in a towel." He smiled, and kissed her cheek. Buffy giggled nervously, but when his lips moved to her mouth, her fear subsided. Leaning into Angel's welcoming embrace, Buffy kissed him back. Although nothing about his kisses particularly excited her, Buffy was comfortable, safe, with Angel.

"Mmm Buffy, you taste so good." Angel whispered, sitting down on the bed and pulling Buffy to him. She smiled, and reached up to grab onto her towel, securing it around her chest so that it didnt fall. "Buffy..." Angel reached up, and pulled her into a sitting position next to him, before maneuvering his body so that she was reclining backwards with him over top of her.

"Hmmm Angel, this feels good," She said, turning away, "but do you think I could maybe get dressed?" But Angel hand pushed her shoulder back down. Buffy kissed him a moment more, and then attempted to sit up again. This time though, Angel only kissed her more passionately. Deciding that perhaps there was no huge hurry for dinner, Buffy wound her hand around her boyfriend, and ran her hand through his hair...only she grasped onto curls. Startled, Buffy tried to pull away, but found herself trapped underneath the man above her. Her eyes flew open, but rather than Angel's familiar ones, she saw stormy blue ones. Taking advantage of her shock, the man leaned down and kissed her once more, searing her lips with a kiss that stole her breath. Terrified, Buffy kicked out, and attempted to roll from the bed. The hands that had been holding her released her, and Buffy fell to the ground. Immediately though she was on her feet, and lunging for the door. She yanked it open to come face to face with Angel. She screamed, and Angel jumped back, startled. Bewildered, Buffy turned back inside the room, only to find it empty. When she glanced back at Angel, standing in the doorway looking utterly confused, she became completely overhelmed. Her body wracked with sobs, she fell to her knees, burying her head in her hands.

"Buffy?" He asked, hesitantly.

"Don't touch me!"
Soon by Pegasus
Author's Notes:
same as before. I dont own these characters
"Buffy, are you alright?" Angel's bulky form lingered hesitatantly in the doorway, shocked at Buffy's crazed appearance."Willow sent me, you were taking a while..." he trailed off when he saw that her face was completely white, and she was trembling all over.

"That wasn't you, was it?" She asked, hesitantly.

"I don' know what you are referring to, but no sweetheart, it wasnt me. What happened?" He asked, still keeping a safe distance, not wishing to frighten her further.

"It was you, but then it wasn't..." she said, her voice trailing off into a whisper. "You were kissing me, and then it wasn't you, it was someone else...it wasn't you..."

"Buffy, I wasn't in your room at all, I've been with Xander the entire time, I swear. Maybe you fell asleep and had a nightmare." Angel shook his head, trying to rationalize his girlfriend's claims. "No one was in here with you." He stated quitely, and then waited for a reaction. "You were alone in here." Buffy stood, and faced him, pulling her towel tighter around her chest.

"It wasn't you. He looked like you, but only for a moment, and then the eyes changed..." Buffy's voice faltered, as she doubted her own memory. "I swear I saw it, I am not making this up!" Her pitch rose, and Angel could tell she was borderline hysterical, so he attempted to soothe her.

"It ok sweetheart, just tell me what you saw." He said, and then waited while she stood fidgeting. After a few moments of silence, Buffy looked back up and met his eyes with hers.

"YOu were kissing me, and then it wasn't you. He had blue eyes, but they weren't human." Buffy's eyes sank to the floor, as she could no longer bear the expression of disbelief coming from her boyfriend.

"I think we should head back to my room Buff, the other two are there waiting." He said slowly, recognizing the hurt in Buffy's eyes, but at the same time realizing that he simply could not buy into her far fetched story. Sure, he cared about her, but perhaps this was taking it a bit too far. Realizing that there was no way he would believe her, Buffy gave in.

"I guess I am just tired" she said flatly, still recognizing the feeling of unease that had not left her. "Lets go grab some dinner, so that I can get some sleep tonight. Satisfied with her response, Angel held the door open for her, and the two made the short trip back to the boys' room.

"OK, we can leave as soon as Willow gets back." Xander said, standing from his place on the edge of the bed, and turning off the television.

"Where did she go?" Angel asked flippantly, picking up his wallet from the dresser, and grabbing his coat.

"You mean you didn't see her?" Xander turned, facing the young couple. "She left a few minutes ago, she said she had to grab something from the room. You had to have passed her on the way here." Buffy's blood ran cold, as a feeling of dread settled over her.

"We didn't see her, are you sure she went back to the room?" Angel asked, still seemingly unconcerned.

"Oh my God..." Buffy interrupted. She gripped Angel's hand tightly in hers. "We have to find her...now!" Buffy said, attempting to keep her voice from sounding hysterical. Xander, still somewhat oblivious to the situation, grabbed his things and followed them out the door.

"Willow?!" Buffy yelled, her voice echoing down the hallway. Xander and Angel both called her name as well, although with significantly less worry present in their tones. "Willow, please answer us!" Buffy continued to yell, her voice sounding frantic now, running down the long hall. She skidded to a stop though, as a strange sound came from further down the long passage. Xander and Angel caught up to her, and began to talk, but silenced themselves as they too recognized an eerie sound coming from the depths of the building. From all around them, cries of pain, suffering, and desperation echoed. Chains rattled, and fire crackled as the voices grew louder. The three companions all covered their ears as the screams grew more intense, and the rattling seemed to shake the very floor they stood on. Amidst the sounds of purgatory, Buffy was able to discern a moan of pain that sounded vaguely familiar. Grabbing Angel by the arm, she raced off in the direction of the voice she recognized.
Angel and Xander, realizing that Buffy was heading down the long hallway, dropped their hands from their ears and took off at a sprint after her.

"Willow?" Buffy screamed,"Willow, we are coming!" Behind her, Xander stumbled and fell to his knees. Angel stopped, and grabbed onto his friend's arm, pulling him to his feet. Without even so much as a glance behind her, Buffy raced up some stairs, and into a large room. A cold blast of air pummeled her as she stood in the doorway, which brought her to a skidding halt. Silence fell upon the building almost simultaneously, the strange noises suddenly stopped. She took a deep breath as she glanced around the room. Clearly a chapel at one time, the the pews were scattered throughout the room, their broken edges charred. The stained glass windows were half-covered in soot, and the rich tapestries that adorned the walls were ragged and half-burned. All around the room, tables and candlesticks lay in disarray. Whatever wasn't completely destroyed was greatly damaged. As Buffy looked around in horror, something shiny caught her eye. A small cross lay at her feet, the ribbon that had once held it around the wearer's neck was merely ash, but the cross itself appeared unharmed. As she picked it up to study it closer, Buffy heard a moan from the darkened pulpit. Shoving the cross into her jeans, she raced towards her friend, who sat in front of the stone altar with her back to the room.

"Willow, are you all right?" Buffy said softly, as she approached her friend.

"Willow!" Xander yelled, as he and Angel entered the chapel and saw the two girls. The guys aproached quickly at first, but then slowed up when they saw that Willow wasn't moving. She was sitting perfectly straight, her back rigid. She did not move when Buffy laid a hand on her shoulder. Buffy, still deeply concerned, knelt down next to the redhead.

"Willow, sweetie, what happened?" Buffy whispered, rubbing her friend's back. Willow, finally noticing her, turned slowly to face the petite blonde.

"They killed him. He tried to fight back, but they killed him." She said, her voice eerily calm.

"You're scaring me, Wills." Buffy said, stealing a glance back at the boys, who stood with puzzled looks on their faces. "They killed who?"

"He didn't do anything, but they killed him." A lone tear dripped down Willow's pale face, and Buffy reached out to brush it away when Willow's hand came up and grasped Buffy's arm.

"They damned him!" She yelled, her voice breaking. Buffy was no longer paying attention to Willow's words though; she saw blood on her hands. Buffy grabbed Willow's arms, and turned them so that the undersides were exposed. Blood trickled onto Buffy's jeans, from the numerous cuts that marred Willow's skin. Her wrists had been slashed, and her hands were rubbed raw to the point where they too bled.

"Oh my God" was all Buffy could manage to say. Xander and Angel, snapping out of their shock with the sight of Willow's blood, immediately scooped up the bleeding girl.

"We have to get her to a doctor" Angel said, his brow furrowed with worry.

"We dont even know where a doctor is!" Xander pointed out, deeply disturbed. He wrung his shaking hands, and then reached out to brush a strand of hair out of Willow's face. Willow's eyes opened wide, and a look of complete and total surpise came over her face.

"Where am I?" She asked, before looking down at her arms. "I...what happened?" She asked, starting to panic.

"Willow, you are gonna be just fine. We need to get you back to the room and then we will take care of this. Everything is going to be ok" Buffy said, attempting to keep the hysteria out of her voice. She needed to remain calm for Willow's sake, so she nodded at her boyfriend, who began carrying Willow back to the bedroom.

"Our room is closer, I will take her there" He readjusted the girl in his arms, and then began striding purposefully out of the chapel. "Xander, why don't you go see if you can track down the innkeeper. There must be somebody here that can help." He called over his shoulder. Xander nodded mutely, and took off at a run towards the front entrance. Buffy stood in silence for a moment, completely overwhelmed by the current circumstances. As she gathered her emotions in check, and began to exit the chapel, she remembered the small silver cross in her pocket. She pulled it out to examine it once more, when the all too familiar chill crept over her again.

"Soon..." came a low male voice from behind her. When she spun around in the direction of the sound, her eyes locked upon the altar, but there was no one there. Shaking off the fear and telling herself she imagined it, Buffy ran out of the room and towards her friends.
Encounters in the Dark by Pegasus
Author's Notes:
I dont own any of these characters...blah blah blah
"We need to go get Giles!" Xander practically yelled, staring Buffy and Angel down. The worried threesome was standing outside of the boy's hotel room, in which Willow was finally sleeping.

"He is at the train station waiting for the other group. We don't have any way to get a hold of him. I say we notify the innkeeper that we are taking Willow to the hospital, and go." Buffy said, her hands on her hips.

"You heard her Buffy, she doesn't want to go to the hospital." Angel's voice was strained, his patience clearly wearing thin.

"This coming from the girl who cut her own wrists!" Xander huffed, wringing his hands.

"I believe her Xan, I don't think she did it." Buffy reacted immediately in defense of her friend.

"Buffy, who else would have done it? You saw her, she was alone in there" came Angel's logical response.

"You know her as well as I do, do you honestly think that she would do that? She is not depressed, not suicidal, and certainly isnt the type to crave attention! Besides, she didnt have anything sharp with her that she could have used to do that. She wasnt even gone longer than a few minutes" Xander shook his head at Buffy's heated remarks.

"No other explanation works Buff. I dont want to think she did it either, but there is no one here who could have done it." Xander replied tiredly, beginning to pace the floor in front of them. A moment of silence passed, with no sound but Xander's footsteps. Buffy took a deep breath, and Buffy began.

"I don't think that's true." Xander's pacing stopped as he spun to face her. Angel's head snapped up, and both men waited for her to continue. "I had just gotten out of the shower, and walked over to the mirror. When I looked into it, there were two eyes staring back at me. They were a bright red, with no face. As I watched, they turned to blue. I thought I was seeing things, so I ran back into the bedroom, where I bumped into Angel. Only, it wasn't Angel. He kissed me, but within a few minutes, I knew it wasn't Angel. He had the same blue eyes, and curly hair."
"Buffy, I think you fell asleep-" Angel began, reaching out to take her arm. She pulled away though, and pulled her sleeve up.
"If I was alone, then how did I get this?" On Buffy's upper arm was a red mark, in the shape of a hand. Angel stepped back, total shock settling over his features.
"How did you...?" Xander was simply staring at the mark. "Is it a bruise?" He asked, his gaze settling wearily on Angel.
"He held me down when I first tried to get away. That is besides the point though. I think Willow was right, there is something evil here." Buffy was now shaking, the enormity of the situation finally sinking in. Seeing that the boys still had disbelief written all over there faces, she tried again. "When we realized Willow was gone, the sound. I know you heard it."

"We are tired though, and jetlagged. Your mind plays tricks on you." Angel tried to rationalize, while the truth was finally dawning for Xander.

"Our minds wouldn't play the same tricks though."

"Now do you see?" Buffy said, "we need to get out of here." Xander and Buffy both looked to Angel, who finally nodded.

"Let's get our stuff together then. We can just have the innkeeper call a cab for us. It's already too late for the bus to still be running. Xander, why don't you stay with Willow, and pack your bags. I will go down with Buffy, and get Willow's things for her." Xander nodded, and slipped back into the hotel room. Angel followed Buffy down the hall.

Within a few minutes, Buffy had packed Willow's bag and handed it off to Angel, who was waiting to take it down the hall to the front gate. "Are you all right?" He asked Buffy, taking her hand before he walked out.

"I will be once we leave" She said, smiling weakly.

"Well, I am going to leave the door open, call if you need anything." Buffy nodded as her boyfriend left. She then turned her energy back to packing up her toiletries, when she remembered about the cross in her pocket. She pulled it out, making a mental note to hand it back to the innkeeper when she heard the door click shut behind her. "That was quick" She commented, turning around. "I thought--" her voice trailed off when she realized no one was there. Setting the cross down on the dresser, Buffy walked towards the door. When she gripped the doorknob to open it though, the doorknob wouldn't turn. Buffy swore under her breath, and pulled again, but to no avail. "Angel!" She called out, hoping that he would hear her, but the lights in the room went out. Stepping back from the door, Buffy groped along the wall until she found the switch, but it didn't seem to be working. She felt a chill work its way up her spine, and she stumbled backwards, half-falling into a sitting position on the bed.
"Is someone there?" She asked, her voice trembling. Chill out Buffy, she thought, you are just scaring yourself.
"I don't see why you are leaving so soon" Buffy jumped as a velvety male voice came from just behind her.
"You aren't real. Ghosts can't touch people!" She said, her voice cracking in fear.
"Sorry love, didn't get that message." came the voice again. The man spoke with such unnerving smoothness, that Buffy notice anyone there until she was pulled to her feet.
"What do you want?!" She gasped, feeling a warm body step up behind her. She stood perfectly straight in the darkness, as the strange figure grasped her gently. One arm snaked around her waist from behind, while another circled across her shoulders. Buffy found herself completely paralyzed from fear, or was it something else?
"Tsk Tsk, you oughtn't fight it kitten." Came the voice again, right before she felt a pair of warm lips descend upon her neck. Buffy stiffened, but still found herself unable to pull away. The stranger behind her continued to kiss her neck gently, while the hand around her waist tightened. After a moment, she was being turned around to face her assailant. The lips left her neck, which caused Buffy to feel a momentary loss. Shocked and angered at her reaction, she fisted her hands at her sides. "Don't fight me, Buffy" the man whispered, before kissing her softly on the mouth. Despite the fact that every nerve in her body screamed for her to give in, to respond, Buffy remained rigid. A hand came up, and brushed a lock of hair off of her face. Buffy nearly sighed with relief when the stranger stepped back. A few seconds later, a match was struck and a candle lit. Outlined in the firelight, Buffy could see the profile of her abductor. The man was of average height, shorter than Angel, but built for stealth. His broad, muscular shoulders tapered to a narrow waist. He had slender, graceful arms that belied a hidden strength, and a lean lower body. He's built like a predator, was all that Buffy could think. She gasped when he spun around though. High cheekbones graced a strong jaw, and wide soft lips. His face was chisled sharply, just like the rest of him. Even from the short distance in the dark though, Buffy knew his eyes were an icy blue. Beautiful, she thought. Unable to speak or move, she remained where she was standing as he walked back towards her. Placing one hand up on her cheek, the man troked the side of her face, and kissed her softly. Buffy could feel her traitorious body practically melting at the touch. Very quickly though, the softness disappeared, and her captor drew her close. Buffy's eyes widened as his arms wrapped around her, and she felt him hard and urgent against her stomach. Before she even knew what was happening, the stranger had unbuttoned her shirt and was sliding it off. Powerless against him, Buffy continued kissing him while her removed the rest of her clothing. Fear, or was it something else, raced through her system. She found it hard to breath, as her heart began to pound. The man quickly slid his hands down to her thighs, and lifted her so that her legs were nearly wrapped around him. He then moved forward so that she was braced between him and the wall.
"Oh god" Buffy breathed, half in fear, half in anticipation. She felt his hands, cool to the touch, slide down to touch her between her legs. Heat pooled there, as he stroked her gently. Furious with her reaction, Buffy tried to struggle free, but was unable. Her captor made a sound that resembled a growl though, and entered her swiftly, breaking through her maidenhead. Buffy gasped, a tear sliding down her cheek, and the two remained perfectly still. Aware only of the pain between her legs and the pounding of her heart, Buffy sucked in another breath as the man drew out, and then thrust back in. As he continued the motion, Buffy realized the searing pain was disappating, and being replaced by a feeling far more embarassing.
"You know this was meant to be" the voice breathed into her ear, but Buffy turned away. She could feel herself filled by him, stretched to her fullest, and yet she somehow wanted more. Why wasn't she fighting him harder? she thought. All rational thoughts quickly fled though, as the pace quickened. Unable to control the movement of her hips, Buffy began meeting him thrust for thrust. The two continued that way, fucking up against the wall. Buffy couldn't help but moan as a desperate wanting filled her. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and tilted her head back, willing him deeper, faster, harder. Reading her mind, the man complied and drove himself further into her. Almost immediately, her inner walls began spasming around him, and he found the sensation overwhelming. He cried out against her neck as he spilled himself into her. Completely boneless, Buffy sank to her knees on the floor in front of her captor. Unable to look at him, she buried her face in her hands as the shame finally hit. "What have you done?" She whispered, still too afraid to look. When she finally did though, she was alone in the room with only the candle for company.
Frustration by Pegasus
Author's Notes:
I dont own the characters, only the storyline.
Buffy began to methodically gather up her torn clothes, and quickly found something else to put on. As she began to button up the collared shirt she had just pulled on, her hands began shaking so badly that she could not manage to secure the buttons. As her tears began to flow down her cheeks, Buffy wrapped the shirt as tightly around her as she could manage, and curled up into a ball on the bed.

Down the hall, William entered his own darkened chamber and sat down on the edge of the bed, trying to will his heart to slow down. "What have you done?" Her words haunted him. What had he done? He was sure that she responded though, how could she perhaps it was merely hope that created an illusion, an illusion that would destroy him all over again. She had to have felt it.

In an attempt to soothe his restless mind, he closed his eyes and concentrated on her. While his inner vision had always been limited to brief glimpses, something about her made it possible for him to view her as if he were in the room with her. In his mind, he saw the pretty young blonde sobbing on the bed. As he watched her, he reminded himself that she was merely a tool to gaining the very thing that had alluded him his entire life, and unlife: his freedom. When he opened his eyes to block out the image, the guilt eased. He hadn't meant to do what he did, but her body, her spirit, had called to him, and the urge was stronger than anything he had ever known. The power that he felt while he was inside of her was unlike anything he had ever experienced; for the first time in a hundred years, he had been alive. The feeling still excited him, and he couldn't help but close his eyes to view her again. When he did though, the sight of her caused something inside of him to break. You've destroyed her, he thought. That idea brought him to his knees, and he did something else he hadn't done in a century: he cried.

When she awoke the next morning, Buffy sat up in bed quickly, anxious to get Willow's opinion on the hideous nightmare she had had. When she realized that she was alone, and that it had all been real though, she felt as if she had been struck. Even though she knew she would find it locked, she still attempted to open the door. She banged several times, even called out for help, but somehow knew that no one would hear her. She was alone, she could feel it. It was like someone had placed her inside of a bubble: the real world didn't exist for her anymore, just as she didn't exist to the outside world. She felt like crying, but she had no more tears left. As she turned back to the room that had overnight become her prison, she suddenly felt unclean. She could feel the caked blood on the inside of her thighs, and immediately blocked the images of the night before from rushing back into her head. She strode into the bathroom, and began running the shower. She needed to wash away the pain, the lonliness, the confusion. She reentered the bedroom, and, looking around her, grabbed a towel and quickly stripped the clothes from her body. Just as she secured the towel around her front, she felt him. She spun to face him, challenge flashing in her green eyes.

"What the hell do you want?" She spat. "Back for round two?" He merely gazed at her though, his cool blue eyes raking over her barely clothed body. "Fuck you" she whispered heatedly, and walked into the bathroom, slamming and locking the door behind her. Once on the safety of the other side, she leaned her back against the wall. She was trembling with fear, realizing that her feigned bravery might only serve to anger her captor, which could mean serious problems for her. Shaking her head, she dropped the towel and stepped into the welcoming heat of the shower. As the rivulets ran down her legs, her back, her chest, Buffy closed her eyes and leaned under the spray, so that the stream pelted her face. As she stepped back from under the water, she bumped up against him.

Spinning around so quickly that she almost fell, Buffy struck out at the man. He grabbed her arms to steady her, but then made no effort to release her.

"I dont know who the hell you are, but--" her voice broke, all out of fake bravado. She swallowed the scream that was rising in her throat, and settled for a heated glare at the man in front of her.

"William. I am William" he whispered, kissing her shoulder gently. "A locked door can't keep me out, I am surprised you didnt figure that out yet. "

"Clearly you cant be stopped. So why dont you just fuck me and get it over with? If you are gonna do it anyway, its better you just get through it quickly so you can leave" she said, her voice dripping with venom. She nearly took a step back though when William's eyes flashed red. He pulled her closer, and ground his hips up against her.

"I could, but that's not what we both want" He said, his voice velvety and smooth.

"I dont want this" she said, shoving him back with her hand. He didnt even so much as waver though, and instead kissed her hard, searing her lips and sending a lightening bolt through her system.

"Thats not what your body says" He whispered into her ear, kissing her neck once more. His hands slid up her waist to cup her breasts, as he teased his thumbs over her nipples. "Here" he said, when the little peaks had formed. "Or here" he said, as his right hand slid down to cup her between her legs. Buffy couldn't fight the shudder that rippled through her at his touch, she felt the heat pool there and knew he could feel the dampness there. He kissed her lips again, hard, recognizing the point when she began to yield, when she leaned into the kiss, tilting her hips further towards his touch. He nearly came right there when she returned his kiss, the shock nearly electrifying him. He shocked himself though by beginning to tremble. "No" he whispered, and stepped back from her. Buffy looked at him in horror, realizing that she had just given in to him. What startled her more was that he turned and strode out of the bathroom, the muscles in his magnificent body rippling with tension and anger.
Bring on the Rain by Pegasus
Author's Notes:
same deal- dont own 'em, dont sue me :)
Frustrated, Buffy slammed her stuff into her suitcase. The man, or whatever he was, was a monster. She had to get away. As she threw everything in the bag, the claustrophibic panic rose in her chest, so she felt like she could barely breathe. Rather than gathering her things, she bolted for the door, determined to break it down. When she found it unlocked, she didn't think twice about taking off down the hallway. She raced to the front doors instinctively, but skidded to a stop when she saw the boards nailed over them. "What the...?" She trailed off, realizing that her desperate bid for freedom had been useless.

"Structurally unsound." Came William's voice from behind her. Buffy didnt turn around, but instead slammed her hand up against the door. "Someone got the idea that this place could come tumblin down at any time, so they nailed 'er up tight." He said calmly, keeping his distance. When Buffy spun around, William saw the anger in her eyes, he could practically see it coming off of her in waves. When her eyes locked on his though, the anger turned to fear. Before he could say anything, she had taken off running.

Buffy stumbled and nearly fell twice, but her panic was pushing her to keep going. With no knowledge of where she was going, Buffy took a quick turn and ended up in a courtyard. When she heard the footsteps pacing up behind her, she made a quick decision to hide. Glancing around, her gaze fell on a large pillar that was off to the side of a great fountain. Buffy hid behind the wide column, waiting to hear him enter the room. When he did, Buffy held her breath, willing her body completely still. She heard him take a few steps forward, and then she nearly sighed with relief when the footsteps retreated once more. Not wanting to push her luck, Buffy stayed plastered against the stone pillar, and began formulating an escape plan in her mind. At the far side of the courtyard was a high wall, that appeared to lead to the side of the building. Buffy was studying it from her hiding place, looking for anything that could serve as a hand or foothold. Realizing that her flip-flops would be of no help, she silently glanced down at her feet, to wiggle her toes free from the shoes. Her plan was shattered though when she heard his voice, from practically next to her.

"A long way down from that wall there love, the fall could kill you." He practically purred. Before she could bolt again though, he latched onto her arm and half dragged her behind him. Utterly confused now, Buffy bit back her stinging comments, and went along reluctantly, not wishing to incur his wrath. He led her down the hall to the chapel again. Buffy didn't other to hide her shudder when they entered, and William surprised her by releasing her arm and pacing up to the stone altar. "Come here, there is something I want to show you." Buffy remained stationary.

"M'not gonna bite kitten, please." He said, and Buffy heard something in his voice, something she hadn't thought possible from the ruthless being. She silently stepped towards him, but kept a safe distance. "Your friend was right, you know." He said softly.

"Willow?" Buffy said, hesitantly. The man nodded sadly.
"They damned me." Despite her hatred for him, Buffy recognized a pain in his eyes, and something inside of her reacted to him.

"What happened?" She asked, after a long pause.
"Years before I was even born, the priest in this church did some bad things. He tortured and killed people, in this very place."

"But this is a church!" Buffy interrupted, in total disbelief.

"Children who came to study the gospel under him, women who came to him as nuns, he killed them. Many believed that he sacrificed them, after handing their souls off to Satan himself." Buffy nodded mutely, looking around the room. "The townspeople found out, and dragged him from the altar of his own chapel one sunday, hanging him in the center of the town for all to see. When he had died, they burned his body. Some say they scattered the ashes over this estate, while some claim that Satan had taken everythign left of him, that there were no ashes to find."

"I don't get how any of this relates to you though" Buffy said, pulling herself out of the trance that his voice had created.

"My mother" he said, his voice dropping to a whisper. "I didn't have a father. She was an odd bint, out of her mind. Her name was Drusilla. We lived along, reclusive-like for most of our lives. Instead of bed-time stories, she taught me magic, spells, and curses. To be honest, I always thought her a bit daft. Well, one day, someone came across her witchcraft, and she was dragged out before the entire town. She publicly denied the allegations, and then pointed at me. Fed 'em some story 'bout having been raped by the Devil himself, and that I was his son. She claimed I had forced her to do it. Fired up by her words, the crowd then fell upon me, and dragged me, bound, to this very place. 'Return him to Hell where he belongs!' they cried. That was when I felt the first knife bite into my flesh. My mother ignored my screams, and turned away. Within a few minutes, it was all over. I lay on the altar, my body broken and torn, knowing I was about to die. They all left me there, and I died alone...or would have." He trailed off.

Buffy remained motionless, horrified by the story. As she looked at the altar closely, she thought she saw something. Without even so much as a glance at William, she approached it slowly. As she got closer, her hand flew up to her mouth and she gasped in revulsion. Blood was trickling down the sides of the altar. "Oh my god..."

"Mine. Something about this place, some black magic or deeper evil took me then. I've been trapped in this limbo within the confines of this place. I dont age, I dont feel, I dont exist. At least not until you got here." Buffy spun around to face him.

"What do I have to do with this?" She said, temper igniting in her words. Somehow though, William knew that her anger was directed more at the people that had done this, rather than him.

"I don't know what it is, but I know you felt it too." He said almost desperately, taking a step towards her. She quickly stepped backwards, keeping a safe distance.

"Are you a ghost?" She asked quickly, her face somewhat pale.

"I never died." He said, the sadness creeping back into his voice.

"The eyes watching me, the getting through locked doors?" She said accusingly.

"Parlor tricks, stuff my mother taught me when I was young. S'all black magic. I don't like using it, but for the past hundred years, s'been all I had."

"And making yourself look like my boyfriend?" She spat, hands on her hips.

"Didn't do that one love." He said, shrugging his shoulders. "I have never been able to change my appearance. You wanted to see what you saw."

"I dont believe you!" She cried, lunging at him. He didnt step away, or even so much as raise a hand in self defense. She struck him square in the chest.

"Its true pet. There is something much deeper here. That first time we kissed, that we really kissed, right after you saw, actually saw me for the first time, it was like I was alive again." He said, grabbing her by the shoulders, urgency in his voice.

"So you are keeping me here because of that?! You raped me, and kidnapped me so that you could feel good?" Tears began to flow from her eyes as she struggled.

"Buffy, love, believe me, I didn't want to hurt you."

"You are really sick, you know that?" Her eyes were like daggers, she was furious now. "You mother wasn't raped by the devil, she was a whore! And a coward! You are the one who is truly evil--you forced me, you took my body! You deserved what you got, now you need to leave me the hell out of it!" She raged, striking him across the face with her hand. Caught off-guard, William was momentarily stunned. He took a staggering step backwards, and Buffy raced off again. Rather than chasing her, William let her go, and walked slowly up to the altar. Like every time before, when he reached the altar, the searing pain returned. The coldness of near-death came over him. Rather than stepping back to escape the torture, he fell onto his knees, and let the hurt wash over him. He knew death would never come for him, but he welcomed the pain.
Solitary reflections by Pegasus
Author's Notes:
Please keep in mind that this is an alternate universe/fantasy fic, so anything can happen. :)

thanks so much to all the reviewers, you guys have been awesome in inspiring me. I really hope I havent frustrated you too badly...
William walked into his room, and slammed the door behind him. He began pacing, fisting his hands and shaking his head. When he heard a noise in the room beside him, he spun around.
"It isn't working, damn it. She will never fall for it" He said, continuing his nervous motion of stalking back and forth.

The small old man sitting in the corner stood, walking from the shadows into the light. He placed a reassuring hand on William's shoulder, and then spoke.

"I told you that in order for her to ever make a sacrifice for you, she had to love you. Seduction, though superficial, is one route to gaining her affection. Forcing her will not get you anywhere, my son." His voice was weak, but reassuring. William continued pacing for a moment and then stopped short, hanging his head in defeat.

"What else am I supposed to do? Invite her to tea? Ask permission to court her? What the bloody hell can I say? She hates me, she hated me the moment we met." He said, frustration and sadness lacing his voice. "She can't be the one, there is no way she could ever care for me in that way. Face it, I buggered things up for the both of us with this one. Her friends will be back any day now for her."

"Her friend's arent coming back" the older man stated flatly. William looked up at him, confusion marring his chisled face. "Yours aren't the only one whose powers have increased since she has been here. Her friends have forgotten she existed, I have made sure of that. Before you completely relax though, let me warn you that if she contacts them, speaks to them in any way, they could remember everything. In three weeks, when they return home, someone is bound to come looking for her. You don't have much time."

"You didnt make things easy for me- why did you have to hurt the redhead?" William said accusingly. The old man didnt flinch though.

"I had to give them a reason to leave here." He said simply.

"And you couldn't have come up with a way that didnt involve someone getting hurt?" Despite the 22 years he had spent alive, and the hundred stuck in this place, he sounded young. The old man knew that William did not share his bloodlust, didn't crave to see the suffering of another the way that he did. Frankly, he couldn't help but do what he did to her. If the younger man knew of his real purpose, he would not go along with it. Despite the century that the man had spent trying to train William, trying to cultivate him as a protege, he had not been able to destroy the boy's compassion for others, a grave weakness.

"What if I told her that it wasnt me? You were the one who did that after all, then at least I wouldnt appear so bad in her eyes..." William trailed off as the older man grabbed his arm.

"No! You cannot tell her I am here. Let her think it is only you, that you two are alone here. I would only complicate things." He released William, and took a step back. "My child, I am only trying to help you. Buffy is young, and naive, surely you can seduce her."

"It didnt work last time, she hates me for it!" The curls on his dark blond head shook as he tossed his hands up in frustration.

"That is because she sees it as you forcing her. Let her come to you." William cocked an eyebrow, so the old man continued. "You have given her a taste of something she has never felt before. You said yourself, she gave into her response, embraced it even. Now you must let her make the next step. Go see her, but remain distanced, cool, haughty almost. Make her desire you."

"It almost sounds so easy." He sighed, his shoulders drooping.

"It is and it isnt. Now, you must go to her, we havent much time. She cannot leave this place. She is the one, have faith my boy." With that, the elderly man dissapated into the darkening shadows. William thought for a moment, lifted his head, squared his shoulders and strode towards Buffy's room.

The old man entered his private conservatory, determined to sit down and plan this out. With a wave of his hand, candles throughout the room lit, casting an eerie glow in the dark room.

He almost laughed at how well things were working out. William stupidly believed that he was merely a fellow spirit, trapped by uncertain circumstances. How angry he would be if he knew my true identity, the man thought. His years in the priesthood had given him the ability to adopt the warm, caring facade to which the fatherless boy had been drawn. Energy practically crackled around him as he remembered what had happened when they had found him out.

He was dragged from the very altar of his own chapel, the angry mob tearing off his robes and the cross he wore around his neck. They hung him that night, just after he had discovered the true source of an incomparable power. His dark magic had been strong enough to keep him alive within the confines of this building, as a sort of ghost-like being. He could take physical form, heartbeat and all, but only for brief spurts of time. That was why he needed William.

He had been there the night they dragged the young man to that same altar. His own mother had stood to the side, condemning him along with the others. The pain he saw in William's blue eyes at the betrayal was almost bewitching, and he realized that the boy could serve a very useful purpose. A simple incantation, and William shared the priest's fate.

Black magic had served him well, but the old priest had to access a source much more ancient, more primitive, in order to completely resurrect himself as a powerful warlock. That power could only be tapped in to through sacrifice. A life had to be willingly forfeited, given as a gift so pure, so true that it harkened back to the source of all power. At that moment, the prist believed that he could harness even a small amount of that energy, and he would become a true immortal. From the moment he saw Buffy, he knew that she could be that martyr. She radiated both strength and compassion, her spirit shone with an inner beauty that was nearly intoxicating. If she could only see what he had seen on the night of William's murder, the look in his eyes, he knew she would do anything. William, due to the fact that he blindly believed that a pledge of love was all that was required to set him free, would play the perfect pawn. Buffy was the moth, William a willing flame, and both completely in the dark as to what they were walking into, the priest almost had to laugh at the tragic beauty of it.

Where the hell is the innkeeper, where the hell are my friends?! Buffy fumed, as she stormed back into her room and threw herself on her bed. She needed to get out of here, now. She simply couldn't believe the outlandish story William had told her, it would mean that there existed this whole other realm that she had never known about. This place was getting to her head. If William was lying, then she was trapped at the mercy of a delusional sexual predator. If he was telling the truth though, then she was caught in the middle of a war between good and evil. Either way, she didnt like her options. She couldn't live like this, like a prisoner caught in some sort of wierd alternate dimension. She felt the walls practically closing in on her, so she bolted back out of the room. The need for space overwhelmed her, so she raced back to the courtyard she had found earlier that morning. As she stepped out into the chilly air, she barely felt the rain. She approached the fountain, and sat down on its edge. Pausing for a moment, she reached into her back pocket and pulled out a single penny. If this wish thing is ever gonna work, she thought, let it work now. She dropped the penny into the water of the decrepit fountain, and slid down to the ground, leaning her back against the fountain's rim.

"I just want to go home, please let me go home" she wished out loud, hoping against hope that someone somewhere would hear her. She tilted her head up to the sky, and closed her eyes, realizing that she had never in her life felt so alone.
Cold Comfort by Pegasus
Author's Notes:
see previous
A few hours later, Buffy woke up when the rain worsened, shivering from head to toe. She had fallen asleep next to the fountain, and was soaking wet. Cold and still miserable, she went back to her room, stripped off her drenched clothing and put on a pair of ratty sweats before climbing into bed. Even with the comforter and two wool blankets draped over her, she still couldn't keep her teeth from chattering.

Later that afternoon, William finally ran out of excuses not to go see the petite blonde. He collected a tray of food to bring to her from the kitchen, his mind settling on the daunting task he had before him. Over the course of three weeks, he somehow had to get her to fall in love with him. If she pledged her eternal love to him, the dark magic encasing this building would be destroyed and he would be free to walk out the front door, as if nothing had happened.

"Like a bleedin' fairytale" he muttered. Everything for the past hundred years had been a nightmare for him though, like something out of a horror story that he himself would never have believed before...well, before this. When he arrived at her room, he squared his shoulders and collected himself. Cool and aloof, he could do this, he thought. It would have been easier to do if she hadnt made him feel so alive. No matter how hard his heart was pounding though, he would stick to his guns. If distanced was what he had to be, he would do it. Or at least try. He raised his hand and knocked on the door, waiting for a moment. Deciding that an unemotional man would stand and wait, he entered.

"Well now, already waiting for me in bed? As much as you may need a good shaggin', I got better things to do, so you should just get up already." he sneered, setting the tray down on the bedside table. Stealing a glance at her prone form, his heart lurched in his chest. he forced all feeling out of his voice again. "M'not just standin here talkin to myself. Get outta bed, you bloody bint." He said, wincing when he realized he might have overdone it. He spun on his heel to march out, but stopped short when he heard her moan softly.

"Buffy?" he asked softly, walking towards the bed. Her flushed face was half hidden by the covers, but he could see the unnatural sheen of sweat on her forehead. "Buffy?" he asked again, leaning down and placing a hand on the girl's rosy cheek. "Cor, love, you are burning up!" he swore under his breath.

When he was young, his frail mother would take sick regularly, leaving only him to care for her. She would slip into a delirious fever for about a day, and then the fever would break by nightfall. This was different though. His mother's body would be hot to the touch, but Buffy's was even hotter. Knowing that he had to get her temperature down or risk losing her, he scooped up the young woman into his arms. Racing to the bathroom, he began running a lukewarm bath.

In her weakened state, she was completely oblivious to anything that was happening, so she gave no fight as he gently stripped off her clothing. He laid her down gently into the bath, leaning far into the tub so that her head rested upon his arm. With that one arm he supported her above the water, and with the other, gently stroked her face with a wet cloth. She muttered incoherencies, every so often thrashing about in a fevered delerium. William remained by her side though, washing her head, neck and shoulders in a desperate hope to drive the sickness from her body. Not long after, her body still, her lips moved.

"What is it kitten?" William asked, leaning in.

"Am I dying?" she whispered, her voice weak. "I feel so cold"

"No, little one. That just means your fever is breaking." He soothed, extracting his arm from underneath her and standing up. After fetching a towel, he lifted her from the tub and wrapped her in it. He carried her straight to the bed, and tucked her back under the sheets. When he noticed she was shivering though, something jolted him from within. Without a second thought, he removed his shoes and climbed into bed next to her, spooning up against her. Pulling the towel tighter around her, he slipped his arm under her head, and wrapped his other arm snugly around her.

As he relaxed next to her, he came to a startling revelation. He was supposed to get her to fall in love with him, yet somehow during that time, he had fallen for her. The young woman in his arms felt so frail, and every instinct of his yearned to protect her in every way. God, even in sleep she was mesmerizingly beautiful. He hated to see her so miserable, yet, even as unhappy as she was, she still shone a light in his life that cut through a hundred years of darkness. He knew then that, to have the love of this woman in his arms, he would suffer a hundred more deaths. At this moment, he felt more alive than he had before his death upon the altar.

"Buffy, you dont even know what you do to me" he whispered, planting a gentle kiss on her head before allowing himself to drift off to sleep beside her.



Warmth. That was what Buffy felt. Not like the fire that had been consuming her before, that had been searing her flesh and driving her nearly mad with the pain, but a gentle heat warming her aching limbs. Her lungs still burned, her head throbbed, and every breath was a struggle, but all that faded away when she tucked herself even closer to the warm body behind her. In her feverish state, she was unable to identify the person, but she didn't quite care. The protective arm that wrapped around her waist gave her a sense of safety that she had never before known. I must be dead, her muddled mind determined. The only thing that mattered was the angel behind her, giving her peace and keeping her safe. She drifted off once more into blessed sleep, a tiny smile gracing her pale lips.
When Morning Comes by Pegasus
Author's Notes:
thanks so much for sticking with me throught all this guys, your reviews have been my inspiration!

this is the first BTVS fic I have ever written (only the third fic ever), so I really appreciate your feedback. Hope you all enjoy the story!
When Buffy awoke the next morning, the first thing that she realized was that she felt good. It wasn't until she opened her eyes to the hotel room that had become her prison that the sadness returned. Resolving herself that today she would find some way out of this stone prison, she sat up in bed. She nearly fell out of bed when she heard the soft groan from behind her.

Gingerly she extracted herself from the blankets and stood up, leaving the sleeping man where he lay. Although her first reaction was to scream, brief images flitted through her now fully awakened mind that kept her silent. Him carrying her into the bathroom, a gentle hand stroking her face, warm arms surrounding her as she slept.

"No, that couldn't be the same man", she thought. "I must have dreamt it." She forced her eyes shut and tried to recall her other memories of him. Red eyes flashing in the mirror, strong hands holding her down, his body forcing her up against a wall as he took her. Deep sadness when he spoke of his mother, trapped here for a hundred years.

"Damn it!" Buffy thought again. Where had her hatred for this monster gone? She shot a glare at his sleeping form, but even that softened when she saw his almost angelic looking face. Even with his stunningly beautiful eyes hidden behind closed lids, his features could take her breath away. His high-set cheekbones, strong chin, soft, wide lips, and a nose that was ever so slightly crooked. As Buffy watched him, he rolled over, snoring slightly.

Fearful that he might wake up, she studied him carefully for any sign of waking. His deep breaths soon assured her that he was still out cold. "Wait, he is breathing" she thought. "He is human, or at least for now." She equated humanity with fallibility; he could be hurt.

Quickly, she glanced around the room for something, anything that could be used as a weapon. Her eyes came to rest on the brass lamp on the dresser. "Perfect" she thought. Stealthily, she stood and approached the heavy metal object, stooping to unplug it and deftly wrapping the cord around its base.

Satisfied that she could now move it, Buffy lifted the heavy lamp, suppressing the grunt of exertion that almost slipped out. Within a few halting steps, Buffy had reached the side of the bed. Taking a deep breath, she lifted the heavy lamp above her head. Pausing there, she took a moment to think about what she was about to do.

She was fully intent on slamming the heavy object down onto William's head. If he was immortal, then this would serve no purpose but to anger him. This wasn't the thought that stopped her though, she sadly realized. If he was mortal, the blow to his face would no doubt shatter his skull, effectively maiming him if not killing him.

While her common sense told her to do it already, her conscience wouldn't let her. She took another deep breath, and looked at him, still holding the lamp poised to deliver the deadly blow. As she watched though, those stormy blue eyes opened, and the two locked gazes in total silence. They remained like that for a moment, neither moving.

Finally, the aching in Buffy's arms increased to a painful level, and with a frustrated sob she dropped the lamp onto the ground, where it crashed, breaking the lightbulb. Shards of glass struck Buffy's legs, leaving a few scratches and one bloody cut. She didnt seem to care though; she collapsed onto the ground, leaning up against the wall and tucking her legs to her chest, burying her head in her knees.

"Buffy" William whispered, a tone of sadness in his voice.

"Don't" she answered back. "Just leave." As much as she wanted to sound commanding and authoritative though, her voice sounded weak and young.

"Please, we need to talk, you and I." William pleaded from his position on the bed. When he was only answered with muffled sobs, he crawled out down and knelt down next to her. As he placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder though, Buffy struck out.

"Leave me alone you monster!" she screeched, as her hand connected with his jaw. Stunned, William fell backwards, as Buffy released all of her pent up fury. Straddling him, she pummeled his face and chest, with no resistance from him whatsover. Still weak from the fever though, her strength quickly failed, and with a shuddering breath she nearly fell over. As William lifted a hand to steady her though, she scrambled backwards into the corner, looking at him in horror. She had bloodied his lip and his nose, and the skin around his eye was an angry shade of red.

"Oh my god, what have I done?" She breathed, shock written all over her face. She stared down at her hands, seeing that she had split some of her knuckles open. Only worsening her guilt, the tears now flowed freely.

"Its all right" he whispered, slowly moving closer to her. Buffy shook her head violently.

"No its not ok" she wrenched out. "Get out" she said again, her voice weakening with defeat. Getting to his feet rather unsteadily, William walked out as Buffy collapsed into heartwrenching sobs.

Once she was alone, Buffy's guilt overwhelmed her. All along, she knew she couldn't make herself believe that he had violated her, for no rape could be pleasurable like that was. Her body had responded to him willingly, but she had convinced herself that he was a monster, and therefore the bad guy. She had become the real monster though; she had hurt him, had even seriously considered killing him!

She had demonstrated the sort of behavior that even he had never shown her, the morning after he had saved her life. She hadn't let herself believe it, but she knew that it was true. The images she had tried to block from her mind, images of his compassion, his devotion. She had done so because to believe that would mean that this creature, no, this man, felt something for her. She had no idea how it was possible, but he did, and she had hurt him while he was defenseless. She had to find him.

William entered his bedchamber, his head hung once again in defeat. He walked up to the mirror, and gingerly wiped the blood away from his face with a cloth, and then sat down heavily on the bed. He could hardly fault her for what had happened. Over the past two days he had robbed her of her virginity, separated her from the people who cared for her, locked her in a room, eventually causing a sickness that almost took her life, and all because he selfishly wanted his freedom, at the expense of hers. He really was the monster that she had believed him to be. A sense of defeat and bitter sadness washed over him as he realized what had to be done.

Just as he stood though, his door opened, revealing a tearstained young woman.
Seeing Things by Pegasus
Author's Notes:
same as all the others, I dont own these characters, dont sue.

sorry its been a while, will update more soon!
"I only came to apologize," she began, taking a deep breath and looking directly at him. When she saw the bruises and the cuts on his face though, her voice nearly broke. When he began to move towards her though, she held up her hand, effectively stopping him in his tracks. "I should have thanked you for taking care of me last night. I know that I was sick, and despite the fact that you cared for me, I...I still hurt you."

"T'wasn't anything I didn't deserve, love" he said softly, his blue eyes lowering to the ground in shame. "I hurt you, in a way far worse."

"You didn't hurt me" Buffy whispered softly, and his eyes lifted to meet hers. "True, you forced me, but the pain was so fleeting...you are right, I did feel something." She said slowly, only realizing the possible implications as she spoke the words. She realized that what she was saying was true, and she was both ashamed and relieved in a way.

"Buffy, I..." William trailed off, taking a hesitant step closer to her. When she took a step back away from him instead, he turned and leaned on a dresser to the side of the bed. His blonde head bowed in defeat, and his muscular arms taught with frustration, and, was it fear? "I wish you had known me, before. Before all of this, before this place, before they dragged me here. I was a very reserved person, a bookworm really. I probably would have bored you to death, I wasn't exactly the type of bloke that a girl like you would fall for, but I was, well, I was a, a good person. I was sort of an optimist, believing in true love, and happy endings, and all that rot. I was a ponce" He stole a glance at her, but she stood perfectly straight in the doorway, emotionless. He continued again, deciding to go with the straight route.

"When they stabbed me that night, I didn't die. But I wasn't living either. It was like I drifted away, like what happens when you are asleep. Occasionally, you dream, you are aware of things going on around you, but for the most part, time passes without your knowledge. I would exist sometimes, but only for fleeting periods of time, and very rarely in true physical form. Around you though, well, that was the first time I had been *actually* alive in decades. With you here, I am real." He turned back to face her, and took another step closer to her. This time, she didnt back up though, and remained watching him with something echoing pity written in her eyes.

"This must hurt" she said softly, lifting a hand to trace his bruised face gently. William closed his eyes at her touch, and lifted his pwn hand so that it gently covered hers.

"But even pain is better then feeling nothing at all" He said, opening his eyes once again to meet hers. They remained there for a moment,in silence, before Buffy spoke again.

"Please, can I have some time alone? I need to process this." She said, no hint of fear in her voice. Recognizing that to deny her request would drive her even further away, he nodded his ascent.

"Take as long as you need," he said, before turning back into the bedroom. Buffy backed up slowly, and then turned away from the room. With her mind racing, she paid no attention to where she was going, just wandering through the cathedral halls. She knew she should hate him, he was keeping her captive here, a prisoner to his whim. Yet, if what he said was true, he had been a captive much longer, and her presence was the only real reprieve he had experienced in over a hundred years. Either his freedom, or hers. Who could make that choice? Buffy clenched her fists, and was about to scream her frustration, when she realized where her absent wanderings had taken her. Once again, she was back in the chapel.

Unlike the other times she had visited it though, this time it was back in decent condition. True, it looked like it had been neglected for some time, but the pews were still in place, the tapestries, although dirty, were still hanging from the walls. As she stood staring in bewilderment, she heard angry voices approaching her from behind. Stepping to the side, suddenly a large group of people made their way into the church. Some in the front carried torches, others crosses, and even some knives. A frail looking woman was ushered in the center of the group, a black shawl covering her head, and her pale arms crossed over her thin body. As she processed past, a dark madonna, her grey eyes meeting Buffy's for a heartbeat. She continued her walk though, a morbid waltz forward to the altar amidst the frantic activitiy of the mob.

Buffy cringed when she recognized William in the back of the group, held by two large men. His clothing torn, his face and hands bloody, and his eyes displaying a heart that was breaking, he was yanked forward to the altar. He struggled weakly, but was soon grabbed and thrown onto his back on the stone platform. Ripping off his shirt and using it to tie him down, the people screamed at him, spit on him, and struck him repeatedly. His eyes swept the area where Buffy stood, but he was unseeing. In fact, it appeared that no one could see her. They proceeded with their beatings, calling the young man a heretic, devil's spawn, and a demon. With what little strength he had, William lifted his hand, and stretched out his hand to his mother. Frightened of what he might do, the crowd stepped back and away from the altar.

"Mother, please, help me" he called out softly, his voice laced with pain. Buffy's breath caught in her throat as she saw the woman take a step towards him. The woman reached up and lowered the shawl from her head.

"He is evil" she said, her voice rising to a screech. "Kill him!" She called out, and just before the crowd descended upon him, Buffy caught a glimpse of William's stormy blue eyes wide with misery from his own mother's betrayal. When the first person plunged the knife into the broken man, his expression never changed, and remained blank with shock and confusion. Buffy watched as another person hacked into him with a knife, and another, and finally could not take it anymore. With a sob, she ran from the room. Unknowingly, she ran right past the place where the old man sat, a smile playing across his face.

Apparently, his little show and tell had worked.
Let the Healing Begin: part 1 by Pegasus
Author's Notes:
same as before
Buffy sprinted down the hallway until she reached the closed door. Without a moment's hesitation, she threw open the door. William spun around, startled at the intrusion.

"Buffy, love, what is it?" He asked, taking a step towards her. Buffy remained silent though, and simply studied the young man in front of her. His soulful blue eyes looked at her in concern, when only moments before they had blindly searched the room for some form of salvation.

Buffy could not brush the images out of her mind: those beautifully angled cheekbones damp with tears, his hands, now gentle, had been mangled with defensive wounds. Without realizing her actions, she approached him. Slowly, she placed her hands on his stomach, slowly gathering the shirt from his waistband.

As he stood in disbelief, she lifted his shirt up, exposing his smooth chest, and then up further to remove it completely. Her fingers deftly probed the areas where she had seen the knife plunge in, now smooth. She searched for any sign of the wounds that she had seen inflicted, but found none. Not until she lifted her eyes to his face. When her eyes met his, she realized that the physical damage may have disappeared, but the emotional pain was still right there, under the surface.

"Oh William" she whispered, lifting a hand to cup his face. Unused to such treatment, William leaned into her touch, his eyes sliding shut. "What have they done to you?" With that, her hand slid gently to the back of his head, and she tilted his face down towards hers. He opened his eyes, startled, and met her green ones.

Her gaze remained fixed on his as she stood up on her tiptoes, and touched his lips softly with hers. Feeling the warmth from just that slight touch overwhelmed her, and her eyes closed on their own accord. They remained like that, fused through the chaste kiss, until William lifted his hands to her face. He was startled to find her cheeks wet with tears, and quickly shied away from her.

"I- I'm sorry," he stammered awkwardly. Her body crying out at the loss of contact, Buffy nearly fell forward. Instead she caught herself, and once again reached out to him.

"No, dont be" She said, quietly. "I saw, I saw everything, what they did to you, I...words can't describe." William closed his eyes in shame. "Please, just look at me." She said, the questioning and longing in her voice causing him to lift his head. "I'm sorry."

With that, she walked towards him again, wrapping her arms around his neck. When he dropped his head closer to hers, she kissed him softly on his forehead, on one cheek, on the other, and then finally his lips. This time, the warmth quickly overcame them both, and the two embraced eachother fully.

Buffy withdrew from the kiss, and placed a warm palm on his chest, pushing him gently towards the bed. When the back of his legs came into contact with the large bed, William sat down, sliding his hands down to her hips and simply watching her with almost childish awe. Stepping back but maintaining eye contact, Buffy slid her hands down to her own waist, and gracefully slid her shirt off over her head. Though her heart was pounding, she calmly undid the buttons on the front of her jeans, and slowly slid them down her hips, stepping out of them, revealing long tanned legs. Next, she reached around her back, and unclasped the hook at the back of her bra, and then allowed that too to slide off of her. Her eyes leveled on his, with no sign of fear, she hooked her fingers into the waistband of her panties, and pulled them off of her narrow hips, revealing herself to him completely.

William found it hard to breathe, so perfect was the young woman standing in front of him. He dared himself not to blink, desperately afraid that if he did, she would disappear.

Buffy took a deep breath, realizing with a surprise that she did not feel any of the nerves that she normally did, even with Angel. Never had she revealed herself to him in this way at any time in their months together,and yet, she was not scared. The intensity of William's gaze sent a shock through her, but her body thrilled with the anticipation. Slowly, she approached him until they were only inches apart. Reaching down and taking his hand, she lifted it and placed his slightly roughened hand on her warm skin, partially over her left breast. Next she lifted his other hand, and placed it over his own heart, covering both of his hands with hers. She closed her eyes for a moment, feeling both of their heartbeats even through his hand. When she opened her eyes, she saw William's blue ones were wide with want, with need, and with, fear? Slowly, she leaned her head down and kissed him once again. Unlike the other kisses though, which had been close-lipped, this time she parted hers slightly, inviting him to do the same. After a brief hesitation, he did just that.

Buffys breath was nearly sucked out of her body as her own desire infused her from head to toe. Feeling her knees weaken and their mouths opened further to allow their tongues to explose the other one, Buffy gently knelt down on the bed, her knees on either side of his. Buffy tilted her head to one side to allow him better access to her mouth, and was pleased to feel one of his hands snake back up to caress her breast. His soft touch ran chills up and down her spine, and her head lolled to one side and William moved to caress her neck with his lips. Slowly, his mouth traveled further down to taste her, his lips clasping gently around one nipple, and then the other. With a gasp, Buffy leaned her head back in what could only be described as total pleasure. After exploring her breasts fully, his mouth traveled back up to hers, and the two were locked once again in a searing kiss.
Let the Healing Begin: Part 2 by Pegasus
Author's Notes:
same as before
Revelling in the taste of him, Buffy did not even feel his hand upon her back until William had pulled her tightly up against him, so that she straddled him fully. As their most intimate parts came into contact, his still clothed, Buffy could feel the heat that radiated from them both.
Her body sought out that warmth on its own accord, and she pushed herself further down on him, the pressure of his hardening member coming into contact in a way that drove all sane thoughts from her head. At that same moment, William gasped in surprise, and thrust his hips up, seeking the contact just as she did.

Desire racing through her, Buffy was unable to speak. When William's hands grasped her hips, pulling her closer, she attacked his lips, stealing his breath away. His strong arm wrapped around her back, holding her up as he suddenly stood. While the two remained locked in passionate embrace, William slid his pants down off of his hips so that the two of them were now completely and blissfully naked. William spun, and slid Buffy back down to the bed, following her immediately as she leaned back, covering her with his lean, hard body.

Buffy nearly cried out with loss when he leaned back up, and away from her. While she remained reclined on the bed, he was kneeling between her knees, his chest heaving.

"Buffy, please love, I need to know..." he breathlessly ground out. "Do you want me?" he asked, his voice husky with desire. Although walking away right now would be the hardest thing he had done in the hundred years since his birth, he was fully prepared to stop if it meant saving her some pain. His breath caught in his throat as she reached up and took his hand.

"William, I want you like I have never wanted anyone before" she said, her kiss-swollen lips forming a smile. "I need you" she whispered, as he bent down over her once more. She watched him as she slid her hands downward to encircle his swollen cock. William groaned, and thrust gently into her hand, his own desire driving him on. Kissing his neck elicited another moan from the young man, and Buffy lifted her hips to meet him.

The moment that they touched, Buffy wrapped her legs around his hips and pulled on his lower back with her hands, nearly clawing him in the process. At that moment though, William's need overwhelmed his senses, and he drove himself into her, crying out with the ecstasy that their joining elicited. With every thrust, William plunged deeper into Buffy, and she urged him on with lips, with hands, and with voice.

He was like a man posessed, a more powerful force taking over his body, driving him to join with the young woman in his arms. Unable to get enough, Buffy pulled him tighter, until she felt the heat coiling in her belly, blinding her to everything but the man before her. As the pressure increased, so too did her moans and her gasps of pleasure.

Sweat beaded on William's forehead as he neared his own completion. Their frenzied pace continued on, faster and faster, until finally William momentarily reared back, pulling Buffy up with him, on top of him, driving himself deeper within her. Her fingers locked into her shoulders as her body tightened, and she flung her head back.

"No, love, look at me" he said forcefully. As she once again met his intense gaze, her eyes glazing over with the intensity of the oncoming orgasm, William drove once more into her, sending them both over the edge. Both blondes cried out at the intensity, at the overwhelming power of their passion, their climaxes sapping all of the strength from their sweaty bodies.

Buffy fell backwards onto the bed, and William slipped out of her. Gently he lowered himself down next to her, his trembling arms threatening to give out. Buffy immediately moved closer, wrapping her arms around his shoulders and allowing his head to come to rest on her chest. Both stunned speechless, they remained in that position, in silence, for a good while.

As Buffy's senses returned to her, a weak smile played across her lips. "That was, in a word, amazing" she said breathlessly. When he didnt respond, she lifted her head to look at his face. She was startled to see a tear work its way down his cheek though. "William?" She asked, pulling away from him so to better see his face. When he opened his blue eyes though, Buffy saw the sadness in them.

"Buffy, you don't belong here" he said softly.

"But I-" she cut herself off, not knowing what to say.

"You don't belong here!" He yelled, the forcefulness in his voice scaring her, and causing her to scramble to the other side of the bed. "You can't stay here, you need to leave!" His heart broke as he say her looking at him in complete confusion. She tried to stammer out a response, but her disbelief got the better of her. William could see the battle going on inside of her, and could tell that she was beginning to doubt the sincerity of his words.

"You don't mean that" she said, her voice raspy. Realizing that he would soon lose his nerve, he decided to change tactics and end this conversation quickly. So he laughed. The low rumbling chuckle sent shivers down Buffy's spine.

"I don't? I finally succeeded in getting you into my bed, and might I remind you that you came of your own accord. I won the battle; face it Buff, the chase was the best part." Inwardly, William grimaced at the pain he saw written on her face, but he saw no better way to handle the situation. "I suggest you gather your clothes and get out, you will find the front door open." But still she stayed, her back rigid in anger.

"Oh come now, do you really think I would want to keep you here forever? You were a good fuck there kitten, but not *that* good." Buffy watched him carefully for any sign of relenting, but all that she saw was the bitter coldness in his eyes. Blinking away the hot tears that were beginning to fell, she reached down and grabbed her clothing, covering herself before bolting from the room.

As the door slammed closed behind her, William collapsed down onto his knees, allowing the tears to flow freely from his broken heart.
Free at Last by Pegasus
Author's Notes:
thanks again for all your reviews, you guys rock! Since this is only my second foray into the realm of fiction, and my first spuffy fic, your feedback is really a great help. keep up the good work!
Buffy threw her things into her suitcase, anger helping her to bury the pain. "Who the hell does he think he is?!" She spat, throwing the last items in before zipping up the bag. Quickly, she dragged the luggage out into the hallway, and raced towards the doors, towards her freedom.

'Why am I that upset?' she thought. 'This is what I wanted anyway.' But she couldn't shake off the feeling that she had been betrayed, that she had been used and rejected. She had seen such pain in his eyes, then such passion, such kindness, but the coldness was something new, and it hurt her. 'He kidnapped you, raped you, and then made a whore out of you after you stupidly fell for his pity-play. Get a grip Buff!'

Bitterly, she channeled her fury into getting herself out of there. When she finally burst out into the sunlight, being free for the first time in over a week held no joy. Buffy was angry that she didn't feel more elation at leaving this place, after all, she had purchased her freedom with her body, 'and my heart' she silently and sadly added. Instead of turning around though, she yanked out her purse, grabbed out some money, and began walking straight towards the street, without even so much as a backwards glance. "Damn him" she said, before squaring her shoulders, lifting her head, and putting him out of her mind.

Within a few hours she was nearing Oxford, thanking god that Giles had had the sense to give them all their individual tickets along with their itinerary. She prayed a silent prayer that the group hadn't changed plans as they pulled into the tube station. As she was disembarking, she heard another couple discussing tourist attractions with the driver.
Luckily she tuned in, for the driver gave them directions towards a St. John's college, which happened to be only two blocks away. Hoping against hope that Gile's intense love of all things academia might draw her friends near, she began dragging her suitcase in the direction in which the couple had set off. After walking down some quiet side-street, Buffy finally approached the main street. To her right spanned a long road with numerous shopping possibilities, in front of her a large statue and a small cemetery that looked ancient, to her left a row of more serious-looking buildings, and slightly off center, was the main entrance to St John's.

She sought out a porter at the front desk, and inquired about a group of Americans that most likely came through on a tour. Unfortunately, the older man explained that they had a number of tour groups come through, and many of them match the general description that she gave. Disheartened, Buffy pulled her bag over to the bench out front, and sat down tiredly, leaning her head in her hands, tried to come up with a way to contact her group without knowing their location.

"Now that girl was hot!"

"Oy, I saw her first!"

"You can have the redhead."

"'M More partial to brunettes. The redhead had a boyfriend anyway." The two guys chattering away animatedly in front of her quickly grabbed her attention. A hot brunette? A redhead with a boyfriend?

"Um, excuse me, were these people Americans by any chance?" Buffy stammered. The two young men glanced at her appraisingly, and nodded.

"At the Bird and the Baby." One of the piped up. Looking around though, Buffy saw no such place.

"Excuse me?" She asked, confused.

"Sorry, this bleedin ponce meant to say the Eagle and Child, its the local pub. Right across the street there, there were a bunch of 'em. We were just headin to the Lamb and Flag though, the pub right here. Why don't you join us?" The shorter one offered, winking.

"Um, no thanks. I have to go find my friends. Thank you though!" Buffy lept up, dragging her bag as if it weighed nothing. In her excitement, she almost managed to get herself hit several times, but finally burst into the pub. Immediately spotting Willow's hair, Buffy hurried up to her friends, recognizing Xander, Cordelia, Willow, Oz and Riley. As she approached, a hand grasped her arm. She spun to face Angel, who was just returning from the restroom.

"Hey Buff, glad you could join us!" He said happily, giving her a peck on the cheek. At her name, Willow turned around in her chair, grinning somewhat drunkenly.

"Buffy, you should try this Stringbow, its great! And it's not at all strong" she slurred out. Oz placed a steadying hand on his girlfriend's shoulder. Buffy merely stood in disbelief.

"That's Strongbow, Will. Plannin on going somewhere Buff?" Oz asked, a tiny smile playing across his face.

"I..." Buffy began, not sure what to say.

"We arent leavin for London for another two days there Buffy, why didn't you leave your bags at the hotel?" Angel asked, rubbing her shoulder affectionately. Buffy remained rigid though, unsure of what was going on.

"Hotel?" She asked, confusion written across her tired face.

"Yea, you know, the place where we have been stayin all week" Angel offered.

"Here Buffy, have one of these!" Willow handed over a mug with something amber liquid inside. "Its cider, and beer, a ciderbeer! Get it?" Willow giggled, clearly approaching intoxication.

"What hotel? I think she has already been drinking!" Angel slapped her lightly on the back, laughing as he took the mug from Buffy's trembling hand. Buffy, beginning to realize that her friends had never known she left, had no apparent knowledge of what had happened, felt a sinking feeling in her gut. They would never believe her, not if they thought she had been there with them all along. Even here among them, she was alone.

"On second thought, hand me that beer." She stated flatly, grabbing the mug out of Angel's hand and draining the entire glass quickly.
Making Plans by Pegasus
Author's Notes:
same as before...
The old man finally finished his studies, now completely convinced that he had perfected the spell that would grant him his freedom, and the power that he had sought all of his life. The blood of an innocent, a willing sacrifice, would unlock a power over the grave of biblical proportions. Her blood would open a portal, and her death would open the gates to both heaven and hell, allowing him to sap energy from both. When the blood ran out, the portal would close, keeping it trapped with him, in the world of the living. He thought back to the night of his death, and how he had despaired at the thought that this would never come to be. It wasnt until the evening that the young woman entered the gates of the cathedral that he dared to hope.


* * *

The dark haired woman had hurried into the building, not stopping until she threw herself at the feet of the altar. She had remained prostrate there for some time while the old priest watched from his invisible shadows. As if in a trance, the woman murmured incoherent phrases until all at once her head shot up. Her grey eyes scanned the darkness, but seeking what he did not know.

"The pixies told me you would be here" she said. Still, the older man remained hidden from sight though, waiting for the strange woman to continue. "They wrote signs in the stars, they told me darkness would swallow the light." Recognizing that she was merely crazy, the priest began to recede back into nothingness, but was stopped when her voice dropped.

"A willing sacrifice of innocent blood will open the gates to the power of everything" she said lucidly, staring directly where he was. Finally realizing that this woman had some sort of a gift of second sight, he allowed himself to take corporeal form.

"That is right, where did you hear that?" He asked, stepping out of the shadows. The tall, dark woman showed no sign of shock at his sudden appearance and merely looked at him, with something resembling boredom in her eyes. "The pixies told me" she said simply.

"So why are you here?" He asked, his voice dropping.

"In order for the darkness to swallow the light, the day must be lured here, into the light" she said, her voice oddly enticing him.

"You mean the innocent, I need a way to get the innocent to make the sacrifice?" he asked impatiently, aware that, despite her riddles, this woman had some strange knowledge.

"I can give you the key" she whispired seductively. The older priest moved closer to her, drawn in by her dark aura.

"How?" he whispered back, his lips now next to her ear. The woman took a step back.

"The question is why." She informed him, her madness now gone, revealing a perfectly sane woman. "I give you what you need, and you bring me back, once you have achieved it." Recognizing the same darkness in her that he harbored within, the priest nodded his head. "Now wont you ask how?" She sing-songed, stepping around him in a small circle, tracing a hand around his chest, his upper arms, across his back, and around again. The priest, conceding to her game, nodded.

"How?" he dared to ask. The long-limbed woman stepped back in front of him, placing her hand flat over his heart, and then sliding it down until it rested over his cock, which immediately hardened in response. The woman ran her tongue over her lips, grasped him fully with her hand, and leaned up to him, purring in his ear. "My name is Drusilla. I'll show you how."


* * *

He hadn't seen her, until the day when she re-entered the building with the group of people, dragging her son before the altar. She had smiled at him then, and nodded, and he understood. William was his son, the product of their joining that night, and he was to be the lure. Gifted with angelic looks, and a passionate personality, he was exactly the sort of person to illicit an undying loyalty, and would be the method of gaining his immortality. William was merely a pawn, and held no meaning to either the priest or his dark lady. It wasn't much longer that he would have to put up with the annoyingly sensitive youth. Once he had achieved his greatness, William's blood would also be spent, to call the dark princess back from her grave.




Buffy had drunkenly stumbled home with her friends, suitcase in tow, and had made the decision, in her inebraited state, that she had been the one dreaming. 'It was all a bad dream. No ghosts, no cathedral, no ghosts...' she thought, her confused thoughts colliding. 'Beer good, Buffy bad' she thought. When Angel had taken her into his arms and begun kissing her back at the hotel though, her thoughts, and her body, quickly faded into unconsciousness. She had woken out of her stupor, realizing that she was in Angel's bed, and she was kissing him back. 'Oh god' she realized, 'he is in me!' Sure enough, as Angel caressed her breasts and her arms, he had just entered her, and was now pumping himself frantically in and out of her.


"Oh Buffy you feel so good. Mmmm, thats my girl. Oh Buffy, Buffy..." He grunted as he thrust, but Buffy's mind was far away, attempting to catch up.

'I was drunk, we came home, I obviously climbed into bed with him, how did this happen?' she thought, dazed.

"Buffy, God Buff...I'm gonna...I'm gonna...ugh, ugh, ugh" Angel continued his thrusts, not even aware that she was only going through the motions.

'When is he gonna finish already?' Buffy thought bitterly to herself. As if on cue, Angel stiffened and emptied into her. He remained motionless on top of her a moment, before rolling off and pulling her closer. He kissed her forehead.

"Buffy, you're beautiful. I love you." he whispered, genuine in his words. It saddened Buffy to realize that Angel, despite his kindness and affection towards her, simply did not make her feel like HE had. "Buffy?" He asked, drowsily, as she untangled herself from the sheets.

"Bathroom!" She chirped, realizing that if Angel had really known her, he would have heard the false optimism in her voice. Too content in his own bliss though, Angel drifted off to sleep.

Buffy closed the door behind her, and quickly approached the shower. Once it was hot, she stepped under the spray. With a bar of soap, she quickly cleaned off her shoulders and neck, where he had kissed her, and then slid her hands down to where he had...entered. Slowly, she realized the meaning of what had just happened. She had had sex with her boyfriend, and it meant nothing to her. The tears that she had never spilled now began to flow freely under the fine spray of the hot shower.

'Angel has always been the man in my life' she thought miserably, 'and now I could care less if he touches me. What has happened to me? What did HE do?' She cried, but now her thoughts turned in a different direction. "He did something to me. William made me different! He told me to leave, but he cursed me, or cast a spell, or something. He ruined me!' She wailed internally. Squaring her shoulders and wiping her eyes, she made a decision. She was going to go back. She was going to force him to undo what ever he did, somehow she would make him. Then she would meet up with everyone in time to go home, and she and Angel could go back to normal. She stepped out of the shower, yanked a towel down, and quickly left Angel's room to get her stuff. 'I swear on my life William, you are going to pay!' she thought bitterly.
The Winds of Change by Pegasus
Author's Notes:
sorry for the cliffhanger guys, more to come soon. please review!
The priest materialized in William's room, and looked around for the young man. Frowning when he looked around and didnt see him, the old man closed his eyes and tried to sense him. Oddly, all senses pointed to him being there. When the old man opened his eyes, he still saw an empty room.

"William?" He called out. "My child, where are you?"

"Here sir" came a response from the corner. When the priest looked closely, he saw William standing in the corner, transparent.

"How long have you been like this?" He asked, his voice not concealing his shock. William paused for a moment.

"I dont really know, to be honest. She left, and it was like I was asleep again." The blonde man shook his head, his body beginning to fade. The old man's eyes grew wide.

"She what?" He practically spat, lifting his hand and infusing the power into William that allowed for him to become corporeal again. Unlike Buffy's effect though, the old man's magic hurt, and William grimaced in pain. The priest quickly approached him and grabbed his arm. "You let her leave?" He asked, completely dumbfounded.

"I made her leave, she couldn't stay here. I couldn't ask her to do anything that might cause her even the slightest pain, I can't ask her to save me, it's not her job." He said sadly. The priest took a deep breath and raised his hand, ready to rip William apart, when he sensed her.

'She came back after all' he thought. 'Perhaps young William did exactly what was necessary to gain her full cooperation. And now it begins' he thought to himself. "My son, what you did was wise and kind, you have grown so much. I will leave you alone to think for a while. If you need me, please remember I am always here for you." He said, adopting the persona of the gentle old man. Silently, he left the room as the young man sat down, tears appearing in his eyes. Right on cue, just before he slipped away, he heard the doorknob turn. "Thats a good girl" he whispered, before disappearing.

Buffy flung open the door, and placed her hands angrily on her hips.

"What the hell did you do to me?" She yelled. William looked at her, stricken.

"Buffy, love, is it really you?" he asked, hesitant to believe that she might have returned, lest she leave and break his heart all over again. She stormed up to him, and pointed a finger into his chest.

"You cursed me! Undo it." She demanded angrily. William only looked bewildered. "I know you did something, you sick bastard. Undo it, fix me!" she yelled, now trembling in anger.

"I don't know what you are talking about. I didnt do anything to you. What happened?" He asked gently, and Buffy hesitated in her ranting when she saw the genuine confusion in his eyes.

'He pretended like he cared for you before, and that was bullshit, dont fall for it' Buffy repeated to herself. She couldn't help the afterthought, 'or was the hurtful part the act?'
"You changed me." she said simply, but her voice lost its conviction as it began to dawn on her that he really didn't have anything to do with it.

"I went home, to my friends, to my boyfriend that loves me. When we were together before, Angel and I, it was something good, really good. I was happy." She trailed off.

"Were you?" William asked, genuine question in her voice.

"I was" Buffy said decidedly, but then retreated. "or I thought I was." She sat down heavily on the side of the bed.

"He, he made love to me, and I felt nothing. No thrill, no pleasure, quite the opposite." Despite the gut-wrenching pain that he felt when Buffy admitted that she had slept with another man, William couldn't help but feeling a bit hopeful.

"What did you feel kitten?" he said softly. Buffy spun to look at him, her eyes accusing at first, but softening after seeing the expression on his face. "Please tell me."

"I felt like I had betrayed you." she said softly. Not daring to look up, she realized that William was completely motionless. They sat like that for a moment, until she took a deep breath and timidly looked up at him. When she saw tears shining in his eyes, and a smile gracing his beautiful lips, she couldn't help but reach out to touch his face.

Just as quickly as she did that though, she pulled away. She hadnt really realized how she felt until she verbalized it, and it scared her. "William, I cannot stay" she said softly. He shut his eyes tightly, but nodded sadly.

"I know, love. But please, stay with me tonight, just like this, here, even if only for a little while. Please." He begged, all pretention, all pride completely absent from his voice. Buffy nodded, and scooted herself closer to him. He wrapped and arm around her, and they both lay back on the bed. This time she could not mistake it. The moment he was in her arms, it was like she was complete, she was safe. She needed him. 'NO!' he mind railed against those sort of emotions. Just for tonight though, she wouldnt listen to common sense, she went with her heart, and tucked her head onto his shoulder, as he relaxed against her.

"I know you dont want to hear it, but I love you." he whispered against her ear, planting a gentle kiss on her cheek. Buffy closed her eyes tightly to keep the tears in. William heard her silence, and took a deep breath, resigning himself to the fact that she didn't love him in return. For now though, that was perfectly acceptable to him. After all, she was here wasn't she? That had to count for something.

The two young people were still locked in eachother's embrace when the doors slammed open, and a cold wind rushed into the room. Buffy and William both sat up quickly, and Buffy screamed out loud. William tightened his arms around her protectively on instinct, but relaxed when he recognized the figure in the doorway.
Fire and Ash by Pegasus
"Buffy, its alright luv, he's like me." Buffy still stared at the elderly intruder, but William's words meant nothing. As the old man took a step closer, Buffy felt a chill run through her, and she somehow knew.

"Buffy, he's-" Buffy silenced him when she placed her hand on his chest though. His blue eyes locked on hers questioningly, and he saw the fear there.

"Hello my dear" the old man spoke, and Buffy went rigid. William, sensing her terror, tried again to reassure her.

"Buffy, this man is trapped here like me, he's my friend." Buffy shook her head though, taking William's hand in hers.

"Something isn't right William, he isnt like you, there is something about him...its evil, I can feel it." William stood to greet the man, and pulled Buffy to her feet. Rather than standing with him to meet the visitor, she yanked her hand free and backed into the corner.

"Someone isn't feeling too friendly today" the older man smiled. William turned towards her in confusion. "William, my boy, let me handle this."

Still smiling, the priest approached Buffy, who had her back up against the wall. Despite her efforts to keep a distance from the older man, she was cornered. When he reached out and placed a weathered hand on her shoulder, she was powerless to pull away. The moment that his hand came into contact with her shoulder, the chill that she had felt became a searing burn, and images flooded into her mind.

Although her eyes were open, she did not see anything that was before her. Instead, she saw the altar, with the broken body of a young man draped over it. The angry crowd, its bloodthrist quenched, had receeded, leaving him there to die. From the shadows though, she saw the older man step forward, and reach a hand out over William, whose eyes had already glazed over with death. While the old man whispered incantations, and red light appeared around the young man's body. As Buffy watched in horror, the old man made eye contact with her, and she saw him as he was, in his dark priestly robes, with death, greed, and hatred eminating from his hunched form.

When the vision receeded, Buffy's eyes, seeing once again, were still locked on the old man's. As she realized the trap that had been set, she tried to bolt past the old man to get to William, who still stood near the bed, unaware of what was happening. With a flick of his wrist though, Buffy was flung back against the wall, and William was brought to his knees.

When William lifted his head, Buffy felt a wrenching pain at the look on his face. His blue eyes, normally bright, were dull with the realization that he was, once again, betrayed by someone close to him. The old man was unaffected.

"I'm so sorry my boy, I would have told you sooner, but I couldn't have you acting all heroic on me. It was bad enough you sent her away, but now that she's here I suppose I can forgive all that. So believe me when I tell you, this is nothing personal" He trailed off, waving his fingers in William's direction. At once, bright red spots appeared on his shirt, and the young man gasped out a ragged breath.

"I dont see any reason to hold you any more, I think you'll stay on your own" The priest told Buffy, realeasing her from the invisible forces that had held her pinned to the wall. Before she could reach William though, he collapsed sideways, his breath coming in short bursts, and his eyes wide with fear and pain.

"Mother!" He called out, sightlessly "Mother, please help me!" Buffy held his face in her hands, horrified that he had no knowledge that she was there with him. From all appearances, William was back in the past, on that fateful night when all he had known came crashing down around him.

"Hold on baby, please hold on!" Buffy yelled, but William could not hear her, couldnt see her.

"Mother!" He reached out a trembling hand into the air, grasping for something that wasnt there. Buffy kissed his tearstained cheeks, hoping to provide some comfort, but with no success. Furious, she turned on the old man.

"Stop this!" She cried, "you're killing him!"

The old man laughed, a harsh sound. "Nothing that hasn't happened before. This time though, he's going to die, like he would have in the first place. For all he knows and sees right now, he is on the altar, comepletely alone, feeling the chill beginning to seep into his body as the blood pours out. Look at that face!" Reaching out a hand, he grabbed Buffy's chin and forced her to look at William. "Amazing isn't it? Thats the face that someone makes when they have just realized that they are going to die. Throughtout time, bards and poets have spoken of that face as a calmness, as an acceptance of fate. Tell me though, do you see any calm there?"

Buffy's heart broke at the fear she saw in William's eyes. The innocence that had once been there, that she had seen and loved, was disappearing, replaced with the knowledge that he would die a damned man, condemned by the very one that had given him life. Balling her hands into fists, Buffy stood and faced the preist.

"Stop. Don't put him through that, not again. He doesn't deserve that. He hasnt done anything to deserve that. Take me instead! Just spare him, please." She cried out, holding his head to her chest as the life ran out of him.

"Deal" the old man said. With a flick of his wrist, Buffy felt a cold prick in her stomach, and then the cold began to spread. When she looked down, a stain bloomed on her shirt, growing larger as the bloodstains on William's clothes began to fade. Slowly, color came back to the young man's face, and he became conscious of his surroundings.

Feeling weak and dizzy, Buffy stumbled back towards the bed, reaching out blindly for something to help keep her upright at the pain worsened. Lying backwards on the bed, her deep breaths became more shallow, in her desperate effort to slow the process. William, still on the floor, lifted a hand to his stomach. Confused, he stumbled to his feet.


"What...?" he started to ask a question, but stopped midsentence when he saw the young woman now lying sprawled on the bed. He ran to her side, and took her hand. "Buffy? What happened?" He eyes drifted to the old priest, standing off to the side. As Buffy watched, his blue eyes burned red, and his entire body went rigid. Buffy grabbed his arm though, keeping him at her side.

"Please, it's no use. Dont leave, stay here with me." She said, the last word a whisper. "Its ok William, I love.." but her words trailed off, and she went limp.

"Buffy? Love?" William asked, caressing her cheek, then frantically searching for a heartbeat. There was none to be found. A tear slid down his cheek, but his grief turned quickly to cold fury. The priest stood off to the side, whispering frantically, reciting the spells that could bind the power of the sacrifice, that could grant him the power of restoration, or immortality. As he spoke, his feet left the ground and power crackled through the air around him. A strange light lifted from the young woman's prone body, and sizzled through the air, sparking and snapping as if it were alive. The old priest waited with open arms, bracing himself for the violent shock as the strange force entered his body. He waited, but felt nothing.

When he opened his eyes to see what had happened to the strange light, he was facing William, whose outstretched arms and red eyes radiated that power.

"No!" The priest screamed, "its mine!" But William had already absorbed the energy, it was too late. The young man tilted his head back, and light seemed to explode from him, from his hands, his fingers, his eyes. The priest, blinded by bright light, tried to shield his face with his arms, which immediately burst into flame. As he screamed, William turned away.

The young man, grief lacing his voice, spoke at a whisper, but his voice was heard amplified in the priest's ears.

"Now, old man, now you will know what it feels like to die alone" But by the time he finished his bitter statement, his attention had already left the priest behind him, and focused instead on the body that lie on the bed.

With a bowed head and tears in his eyes, William began to pray to whoever would listen.

"This power, take it, I have no use for it. Restore this woman to me, and you can have it all back. Bring her back to me, that's all I ask." With those words spoken, he took the young woman into his arms, and began to cry.

As he lay there, with Buffy's lifeless body in his arms, he slowly became aware of what was happening around him. The power seeped from him like tears, and flowed in rivers across the floor, and out the doorway. Down the hall, the altar that had once been his deathbed cracked in two. The glass of the intricate stained windows shattered, and all around stone and rock came crashing to the ground as the church was destroyed along with its priest. The wooden columns burst into flame, and the pews became dust. With the church falling down around him, he lifted Buffy and walked down the hall, out the front gate, and into the rain. While the building crumbled, something inside of him broke.

"I beg you! " He yelled out, as the very foundations of the church were rocked. "Give her back to me, please! Take me!"

Lightening sizzled through the air above him, and thunder crackled around him. Unafraid, William stood and looked to the sky, raising a fist into the air. "Take all that I have, but bring her back!" He cried, as the very heavens above him exploded with light. The defeaning sound brough him to his knees, and he threw himself over Buffy to shield her from the ash and stone that rained down as the church was destroyed in one violent implosion.

Then, just as suddenly as it began, all was silent. William, weak, bruised, and bloody, lifted his head and sat up, surrounded by the debris and the destruction that had once been a church. As he lifted a hand to wipe the rain from his eyes, he felt fingers tentatively grasp his wrist. Looking down, his blue eyes met green ones. With shaking arms, William lifted Buffy into his arms and embraced her.

"Its over" he soothed, as he kissed away the tears that had trickled onto her cheeks. She smiled into his cheek, and whispered "no its not."

He leaned back, and rested his forehead against hers. "No kitten, you're right, it isnt. "A smile graced his features, as Buffy traced a finger along his sharp cheekbone, down his jawline, and over his lips. He kissed her finger softly.

"William, I didn't get to say it before, but I love you too." She said softly. He smiled in response, and kissed her deeply.

"I know you do, luv, you showed me." When she looked up at him questioningly, he brushed a strand of hair from her face. "When I was back there, when i knew I was dying in that other time, even though I had never met you in that reality, I knew somehow that I loved you, and I felt you with me. Even then you saved me. "

The two lovers embraced again, as the sun began to break through the clouds above, and the darkness that had plagued them was finally gone.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=18589