Second Chances by SlayersGift
Summary: Buffy works in a diner and has been serving Spike for the last six months. He doesn't say much, and finally she talks to him. They form a friendship. Tragedy comes and they have to deal.
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 26572 Read: 15487 Published: 03/29/2004 Updated: 06/04/2004

1. Take a Chance by SlayersGift

2. The Question Game by SlayersGift

3. Getting to Know You by SlayersGift

4. First Time by SlayersGift

5. Drama by SlayersGift

6. Need You by SlayersGift

7. Let Go by SlayersGift

8. Chapter Eight by SlayersGift

9. Chapter Nine by SlayersGift

10. Chapter Ten by SlayersGift

11. Chapter 11 by SlayersGift

Take a Chance by SlayersGift

 

Chapter One Taking a Chance

“Coffee decaf.” He didn’t even look up to acknowledge the waitress who was taking care of him. He didn’t care. He didn’t care about a lot of things these days. Not since his wife had left him and taken their son with her. He didn’t care since he had lost his job. He didn’t care when they threatened to take the house from him. He did not care.

He had been sober for over a year and a half now. The struggle to not pick up a drink was only made more difficult by his struggle to start living again. He thought back to the days when having a beer here and there really didn’t mean anything. Then he thought to the days when a bottle of vodka was gone within an hour.

“There you go sir.” The waitress placed his coffee in front of him and asked him if he would like anything else.

He didn’t answer her.

She began to walk away as he looked up to start drinking his coffee, he watched her retreating form. He tilted his head and took her in, studied her, and wondered what was going on in that head of hers. He shook his head to clear the thought.

He didn’t care.

He sat there for the next hour reading the want ads. Something he hadn’t done in years. He’d always been secure, in his marriage, his job and in himself. Then everything got taken from him and now he had nothing.

“Bloody pathetic.”

He took a last sip of his coffee and pulled out his wallet to pay the check. The waitress returned as he laid the money on the table to pay his bill. As he stood, she came and sat down across from him.

“Sit.” She ordered.

Spike looked down at her wondering what she was up to.

“Sit. I’m on my break.”

Spike sat cursing himself for it. Why would he just listen to her? He kept reminding himself that he didn’t care. He didn’t say anything.

“You come in here day after day, well…”

Spike noticed she looked like she was thinking.

“Ok, morning after morning and three days out of the week I’m your waitress and you don’t say anything to me besides what you want. I find it kind of rude.”

“And…” He tilted his head to the side, and got a look at her name tag. “Buffy?”

“And nothing. Talk to me, tell me what’s going on.” Buffy insisted.

Spike let out an uncomfortable laugh. “None of your bleeding business, that’s what.” He stood to leave again and was stopped by her hand on top of his.

“I’ve worked here for almost five years. I know all of my customers, I even know some drifters that come through here every once in awhile. I’m friendly, I’m fast and efficient. I’m good with the talking, and I’m a great listener. I know there’s something going on with you, and I bet you’re thinking ‘Wow, there’s this girl- A pretty girl in fact and she’s interested in me. She want’s to know what’s going on in my head, in my life. Maybe I should open up to her. I mean after all, she is the one that serves me coffee every morning.’”

She finished it off with, “Yea, your life is in my hands. I’ve poisoned people before.” With that she smiled at him.

He tongued the inside of his cheek and grinned at her. “I’ll just go somewhere else.”

“Hey! We serve the best damn coffee in town, now you know there’s no denying that!”

Spike sighed. He couldn’t help it. He was drawn to this little blonde girl playing at being a woman. It was intriguing to say the least.

“How old are you?”

“Twenty and I thought you were supposed to be the one answering questions?” She smirked with the raise of her eyebrow.

“You’ve been working here since you were fifteen?”

She sighed. “Yes.”

He stared at her for a moment. He knew it was rude, but he didn’t care. She looked away and started to finger a napkin, ripping it apart and finally looked up at him.

“My parents got divorced when I was fourteen. My dad decided one day, he didn’t want to be a parent and my mother was too proud to take any child support for me or Dawn. He just left. I haven’t seen him since. Then my mother got sick and wasn’t able to work. She got checks from the government, but they only paid the bills and rarely put food on the table.” Buffy squirmed in her seat, wondering if she was saying too much to a stranger. Was it any of his business? No, but she just needed to talk. Let things out. She continued. “We have been coming here every since I was a little girl and the manager knows us. My mother calls him a life saver. He gave me a job around my school hours and that’s what kept us fed. Except for the first two weeks when he would send me home with food to feed them. And… I think I’ve said a lot. I babble. Sorry…” She looked away shyly, not sure of what he was going to say.

“Wow.” Spike leaned back in the booth, taking in her story. “Did you graduate?”

“What kind of question is that?”

“A question, now answer it.” He was curious.

“I finished high school. Barely, but I did do the whole walk across the stage thing. It was pretty cool.”

“It’s an accomplishment.”

She glanced out the side window she was sitting near. She wanted to know what it was like to be out there. She knew what it was like to be ‘out’ there, but really out there. To be able to go somewhere, see something. She’d been stuck in Sunnydale for twenty years. Twenty years too long.

“If you say so.”

“Oh, I do.”

“Okay, now your turn. What’s your story?”

Spike pulled out his wallet again and fished a twenty out, putting it on the table for her. She looked at the bill, then at him.

“I don’t want that. The $1.50 tip was fine by me. That’s my reward for serving you every morning.”

Spike shook his head. “Well, that’s about to change, just take it.”

Buffy started to get angry. “I don’t want your pity, nor do I need it. I just wanted to talk to … Oh excuse me, you talk to me, but I see that’s not going to happen … I have to get back, my break is up.” She stood, grabbed his coffee cup and started back to the kitchen. Spike quickly followed her and grabbed her arm before she had a chance to pass the double doors.

“What time do you get off?”

“Five.”

“I’ll be here.”

Buffy nodded and quickly went thru the double doors to the kitchen. She deposited the coffee cup on the pile of dishes, grabbed her apron and started to head back out. She stopped suddenly when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

“What the hell is your problem?! I saw the whole thing!” The brunette exclaimed.

Buffy rolled her eyes and lamely replied, “It’s really none of your business, but since you must know … I find him interesting. I just wanted to get to know him, that’s all.”

Faith smirked and shook her head, “B, you could have at least chosen someone a little more…” She paused. “What’s the word? Oh how about more younger to be interested in. He’s like ancient!”

Buffy walked past her. “And like I said, it’s none of your business.”

“What’s his name?” Faith asked suspecting that Buffy had no clue whatsoever.

Buffy stopped walking, shook her head to think up some lame comeback and continued through the double doors.

Spike spent the rest of the day at home, mainly at his computer looking again at the want ads. Something. Anything. Anything that would take him away from this house. Just for eight hours a day. Although, pretty soon it wouldn’t matter. The house would be taken from him. It was just a matter of time. He spun his chair, looking around his study out of boredom and rests his eyes on a picture of his son. Mathew. Or Mattie as he would call him. He hadn’t seen him in two years, has no idea where he is.

That was one thing he did care about.

Looking at his son brought tears to his eyes and as he sat there, his thoughts drifting back to a time when he could have made a change. If he had, his son would be home with him instead of out there. Where? Only God knows.

Buffy waited outside for the mystery man to return. She figured he wouldn’t show, that she would see him in the morning from eight until ten. Buffy heard an engine coming up into the parking lot and smiled a little. He showed up.

Spike pulled up beside her, his intention to turn the car off and go to her, but she had other plans. She was already in the car before he had a chance to take his keys out of the ignition.

“Someone’s eager.”

“Someone wants to get out of here while the offer still stands and not have to wait for the bus.” She countered.

Spike grinned as he pulled out of the parking spot, “Oh, I see. You’re using me for my transportation.”

“Damn right. Wait!” Buffy held up her arm and Spike stopped the car in the middle of the parking lot.

“What’s your name?”

“You can call me Spike.”

“Spike?”

“Yea?”

“Let’s get out of here.”

“Okay.”

Spike drove out onto the street and asked her where she wanted to go.

“How about your place, I can call my mom and tell her ‘I found the man of my dreams, he has money and fame and he’s going to take me away and show me the world, so that means I won’t be home …’” Buffy sighed. “Means I won’t be home until ten.”

Spike contemplated that for a second and found he was thinking that if he could he would show her the world. That is, if he wasn’t an out of work pathetic ponce. What was he thinking? He couldn’t offer her anything, and since when did that matter?

Ever since she showed interest.

“Would … would you like to come to my place? It’s not far …”

“Yes. I mean … sure.”

“Okay then. Do you need to call your mum?” Spike asked.

Buffy looked out the window. “I guess I should, just to make sure she knows I’m okay.”

Spike handed her his cell phone and paid attention to the road as she talked to her mother.

The two women talked briefly and Buffy ended the conversation with “Yes, Mom. I know Mom, I’ll be home later. Yes, I know the guy, I’ve been serving him coffee for the past six months!” Buffy sighed and leaned her head back against the chair rest. “Mom, I’m twenty years old, I do what I want.” And with that Buffy hung up.

“Take it she’s not to happy that you’re going to a strange man’s house?”

Buffy shook her head and crossed her arms. “She’ll get over it.”

“So now I’m strange?”

“You know what I mean.”

Five minutes later they arrived at his house. He lived in one of those cookie cutter subdivisions where the houses were too close together and about every other car you saw was a Lincoln Navigator or a little red Porsche.

“Oh, so part of my little made up world was right. You have money.”

“Not that it’s any of your business …”

“I know it’s not. I’m sorry.”

“No, it’s … well, I’m running out.”

“Oh, somebody’s opening up.” She smiled knowingly at him.

“Yea, well it’s the least I can do for bringing you here. You know I’m expecting a good shag, right. I just don’t bring ‘any’ girl here just for tea and conversation.”

Buffy grinned. “Ooh, I get tea?”

Spike pulled into the driveway and hit a button on his cars visor making the garage door go up.

“Do I get a shag?”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “You know, you are kind of out of place here. I see all these nice cars, yet you’re riding, or rather driving this hunk of junk?”

“Don’t fuck with the Desoto. She’s my baby.”

“Men and their cars,” Buffy muttered.

“Damn straight.”

She glanced at him and smiled.

To make Buffy more comfortable about being here in his home, Spike showed her around the house. He was mentally hoping that he would get that shag; she was kind of growing on him. Granted it was a short time, but there was something about her. That’s how it always worked right?

Buffy looked around the house and gave it her stamp of approval. Didn’t even look like a typical ‘man’ house. Things were in order and by the looks of things, he did like nice things. She thought at first that maybe he was gay, but that thought got pushed out of her mind quick when she caught him looking at her ass.

“Take a picture it will last longer.”

Spike just smirked. “I don’t make you feel uncomfortable in anyway?”

“Not really. You’re a man. They’re all the same. Hasn’t even been four hours and you’re wanting to get …” She grinned. “Shagged? Geez, what kind of word is that for the act itself.”

“Oh, and what do you call it? Making love?”

“How about just fuck?”

Spike smiled at her. “You know? I really do like you.”

“Well, duh. I’m blonde, petite and I have tits. Of course you would.”

Spike’s face fell. “I didn’t mean it like that. I meant … friends or whatever. Never mind.”

“No, its ok.” She smiled. “Where’s the tea?”

“You really want some? I have soda also, and water. Some chocolate milk.”

Buffy gave him a look then picked up a picture that was on his mantle and examined it closely. Spike, a brunette woman and a little boy. She turned and looked at him.

“Who’s this?”

“Oh …that’s uh … My wife and kid.”

Buffy put the picture down and continued to look at the other ones. Some more pictures of the little boy and some of she was guessing friends and family.

“How old is he?”

“He’ll be eight next month.”

“That’s nice.”

Spike leaned on the back of the couch watching her, awaiting more questions. Only one came out.

“Tea?”

Spike led her in the kitchen.

“I got tea.”

Tbc…

The Question Game by SlayersGift
Chapter Two The Question Game

Buffy drank her tea while watching Spike through her lowered eyelashes. She realized everything changed just five minutes ago. He was no longer just a customer, but something else. She wasn’t sure what, but that was something she wanted to figure out. She was only twenty years old. What was she doing here anyway? She was looking for friendship, someone new to talk to and he seemed interesting enough to take on. She joked around with him to let him know that she was comfortable and that made her more at ease. For a girl whose life had pretty much been non-existent since she was fifteen, she was flattered that this man desired her. What an adjustment.

“How old are you?” Buffy asked. She sat up straight on the bar stool and watched his every move, as if she was memorizing it.

“I just turned thirty four.”

Buffy nodded and looked down at her tea. What the hell am I doing here? She asked herself. There must be something wrong with me.

Spike poured himself another glass, “Is that a problem?” He watched her eyes. “And if it is, you just remember this was your idea. Not mine.”

“Are you done?”

“Excuse me?”

Buffy hopped off the stool and walked towards him. “I said are you done? I didn’t say anything that would make you think that I was freaking out, did I?”

“Well … no.”

Buffy smiled a little, “Okay then.”

Spike’s breath caught. She was so close. All he had to do was dip his head and he would claim her lips as his own.

She was the first to walk away, sauntering back to her chosen stool.

“Ok, what’s your story? I told you mine, it’s only fair.”

This was something that he was hoping to avoid. Maybe, somehow it could have been. Not likely.

Spike nodded at her and started his way to the back porch, where a pool and jacuzzi could be found. Buffy refilled her glass and followed him out there. She quickly claimed a seat while pulling up another chair to prop her feet on.

“Make yourself at home why don’t you?” Spike said as he sat across from her.

“Already done.” She smiled sweetly at him.

Spike cut to the chase. “What do you want to know?”

“Are we playing the question game?”

“I’m sorry?”

Buffy played with the hem of her shirt. “You know the question game. Where someone asks a question and you have to answer. And it has to be the truth.”

“Sure, go ahead.”

Buffy looked as if she were thinking again. She put down her feet and placed her elbows on the table, laying her arms in front of her.

“Are you married?”

“No.”

“Why did you call her your wife and not your ex-wife?”

“Habit.”

“How long have you been divorced?”

“Two years.”

“What happened?”

Spike sighed and leaned back in his chairs. He looked to the sky as if it was going to answer it for him. He finally looked back at her.

“I was …am an alcoholic.”

“I see. Do you see your son often?”

“Haven’t seen him since the day before she left.”

“Day before?”

“She left in the middle of the night. Woke up and they were gone.”

“What are their names?”

“Winifred and my son’s name is Matthew.”

“Pretty.”

“Yea …”

Silence broke through on the so called question game. Buffy looked at her nails and Spike had pulled out a cigarette but instead of lighting it, he played with it. Buffy looked up from her inspection and watched him. He looked deep in thought.

“You don’t have a job, do you?” Buffy asked.

“No …” he answered and lit the cigarette. Spike took a long drag and looked at her.

Buffy took his cigarette from him and took a drag from it, “Care to elaborate?”

“You smoke?”

“Sometimes.” And with that, she handed him back the cigarette.

They talked for a little while longer, though the topic of conversation wasn’t his job, nor lack thereof. They talked mostly of things that weren’t important. Spike asked if she was hungry and she jumped on that. She was starved.

Spike had finished his dinner already and was watching her finish her meal. He went to light another cigarette and she stopped him.

“You know that’s rude, I’m still eating.”

“My house …”

“I don’t care, that’s rude. I don’t want to be smelling smoke while I eat.”

“You were just smoking.”

“So? I wasn’t eating then.”

“Fine …”

Buffy smiled and watched as he put the cigarette away then went back to her food.

“What would you say if I asked you to stay the night?” Spike asked.

Buffy looked up at him but didn’t say anything.

“I mean I was just …”

“I can’t.”

“Oh …Oh, okay. That’s fine.” He got up and put his dish in the sink, rinsed it off and stuck it in the dishwasher.

Buffy sat there looking at the rest of her plate, got up and followed him. She washed her dish off and got herself a refill on her drink.

“My mom would so flip. She already flipped because I’m here.”

“Oh, so you would if …”

“Yes.”

Spike smiled at that.

Buffy finished clearing of the rest of the table for him while he went to go check his email on the computer. It was weird. Here she was in this guy’s house, clearing off his table. Shouldn’t he be doing this? Was this a date now? Before she had just thought that it was getting to know one another for the prospect of friendship. She knew that was all shot to hell when he asked her to stay the night. She doubted he wanted her to sleep in the guest room while he slept in the bedroom.

Buffy made herself at home and plopped on the couch. She turned on the television and channel surfed until she found MTV. She was surprised that they were actually playing videos instead of their shows. Buffy leaned back, propped her feet up and found herself singing along to some pop song. Spike came back out then.

“Oh, I see you’ve made yourself comfortable.”

Buffy smiled at him still singing. Spike laughed and sat next to her. Reaching for the remote, Buffy put it out of his reach.

“At least wait until the video is over.”

Spike sighed and sat back looking at what was on the screen. Hell, he couldn’t complain, the bint in the video was barely dressed. She looked nude at some parts with little sparkles on her. Yea, he’d watch this with her.

When the video was over, she handed him the remote.

“There you go.”

“Yea, thanks.”

Spike took his turn looking through the channels. Nothing really interested him these days. He barely watched TV so he was just taking a chance to find something that he actually liked.

“Hey! Friends! Put it back.”

Spike grinned. “Nope …”

“Oh, come on please …”

Spike sighed and turned it on letting her catch a glimpse.

Buffy laughed. “Smelly cat … smelly cat …”

Spike turned the channel again and surfed the stations.

“Why did you do that? That’s like a tease.”

“Give me a kiss and I’ll turn it back,” Spike said as he looked at her.

“What …huh? A kiss?”

“That’s what I said …”

“I never thought I would whore my lips out just to watch a TV show, but I’m sure you have no taste in shows, so I guess I’ve got to …”

Spike waited. “Well?”

“Well what?”

“You gonna kiss me already?”

Buffy raised an eyebrow and gave him a look, “I’m not coming to you, and besides, you’re supposed to come to me.”

“Fine with me …” And with that he turned his body and reached and pulled her on his lap.

“Now, now …someone’s having dirty thoughts …”

“Not dirty, just wanna …” he sighed, “Fuck it.”

He placed his hands on her waist and pulled her on his lap. Brushing a stray strand of hair behind her ear, he kissed her cheek, then her forehead. Buffy’s head was spinning already and he has barely done anything. Finally he did. Spike dipped his head and kissed her. Slow and barely a peck, then pulled away. Buffy opened her eyes.

“That’s it?”

“You wanted more?”

“Yes … I mean, no, I mean …”

Spike kissed her again, nibbling on her lower lip. She parted her lips and his tongue darted inside and found hers. Buffy wrapped her arms around him and he took full advantage, laying her down on the couch. He leaned over her and placed another kiss on her lips and she moaned. He sat up a little and got situated beside her. His hand was rubbing over her stomach, eventually going under her shirt, and working its way up her silky smooth skin. He watched her face then leaned down and kissed her neck, swirling his tongue there.

Once his hand had reached the underlining of her bra, she stilled her movements and gently pushed him away. He sat up leaning against the sofa, and she sat as well, breathless.

Spike reached for his pack of cigarettes on the coffee table, “Did I do something wrong?”

“No.”

“Oh.”

Buffy sighed. “I just met you. You think I’m going to let you feel my goodies?”

“Your goodies?”

“Uh, yeah …my goodies. My good goodies. Filled with …goodness.”

Spike challenged her, “But one day I will, right?”

“Maybe.”

That’s all he needed. He put back on her desired TV show, but it had already ended. Then he heard a whine. Looking at her he saw a pout.

Buffy crossed her arms, “You did that on purpose, meanie.”

Spike laughed and handed her the remote, “You watch whatever you want, as long as you come over here and let me hold you.”

“No hanky panky?”

Spike tried to hide a grin, “No hanky panky.”

“Okay,” she scooted over to him and as he opened his arms for her, she slid right in, placing her head against his chest. Spike wrapped his arm around her and moving his fingertips over her arm. Buffy smiled and they watched TV together.

Getting to Know You by SlayersGift
Second Chances Chapter Three ::Getting To Know You::

Chapter 3 Getting to Know Each Other. Beta: Sunlit5 Thank you for your comments. :) Really.

Spike had dropped Buffy off at her house and ended the evening with a goodnight kiss. Buffy watched as he drove away and lazily made her way inside. She wasn’t expecting two pairs of eyes staring at her, including her little sister Dawn. 'Wasn’t she supposed to be in bed?' Buffy thought.

“Faith called.” Joyce, Buffy’s mother, informed her.

“That’s nice. Did she say anything interesting?” Buffy said as she hung her jacket and apron up before turning to face her mother.

“Oh, I believe she did.”

In an instant Joyce was in Buffy’s face and yelling.

“What the hell is wrong with you? Did I raise you to get into older men’s cars?!” Joyce screamed.

Buffy looked past her mother and her eyes fell on Dawn, her eight year old sister.

“Dawn, go upstairs, ok sweetie?”

Dawn began walking when her mother stopped her.

“No. Stay. You can learn a lesson for the future if you ever decide to make stupid decisions that could get you killed!”

“Mom? I’m ok. I know him, he … he comes in every morning and stays for like two hours. He’s been doing that for like ever.” Buffy tried to reason.

“Faith doesn’t trust him, Buffy.”

“So?”

“You know she always looks out for you.” Joyce said as she sat on the couch, pulling Dawn onto her lap and patting the seat next to her, indicating for Buffy to sit.

Buffy sat, “I don’t need her to look out for me, and hello! I am so totally calling her when I get upstairs. She’s supposed to be my friend, not my mother.”

“She worries and that makes me worry.”

“I’m twenty years old. I can make my own decisions, and I trust him. I do. And hey,” Buffy smiled at her mother, “Maybe you can meet him, I mean, we’re just friends or whatever but if that would make you feel better, then you can.” ‘Even though now, that’s going to scare him away,’ Buffy thought.

“Well,” Joyce sighed. “Okay. I just don’t want anything to happen to you. I’m sorry for yelling … ”

“Mom, don’t. It’s okay, okay?” Buffy hugged her mother, stood and kissed Dawn on the head before going upstairs to her room.

Buffy was late. She was rarely late. It seems that whenever you are late, you suddenly can’t find your keys. You forget something. Traffic gets … well more trafficy. She walked in exactly 17 minutes later than she was supposed to, but lucky for her the manager wasn’t even in yet, but Faith was.

“Someone’s late. Have fun last night? Oh, and by the way, I’m glad you’re not dead.” Faith said as she picked up an order for a customer.

“Yes, I am late. Yes I did have fun and thank you.” Buffy smiled, hiding the fact that she was rather not happy with her dear friend. “Oh, and thank you for calling my mother. She totally bitched me out, but it was a quieter bitch than usual.”

Faith sighed, “Yea, sorry about that.”

Buffy turned around giving Faith an impossible look, “That’s it. You’re sorry? Faith, you’re not my mom. You’re my best friend for goodness sake! You’re supposed to look out for me, not …” Buffy stopped.

“Yea, I was looking out for you, you don’t even know him. Yet you leave with him? That’s so not like you B. Shit, I have to get to work, and I’m guessing this customer actually wants his food … like this century. We’ll talk about this later.” Faith rolled her eyes, grabbed her tray full of food and went to help the customer.

Buffy put her apron on, checked her hair in the mirror by the door and went out into the dining area, welcoming new customers. She took in the fact that Spike always sat in the same booth. Nobody was in the booth now. Did they know that he sat there every morning and were saving him the seat? Buffy looked at her watch, and noted that there were still thirty-five minutes left to find out.

Forty minutes later and still no one had sat in that booth.

Five minutes after that, Spike did.

After bringing a table of customers their order, she sauntered over to him, pad in hand, “Hey you,” Buffy said as she smiled at him.

Spike looked up at her and grinned.

“Coffee decaf.”

“Coming right up, sir.”

Buffy headed to the waitress station, got out a mug and did as he requested.

“You so slept with him, didn’t you?” Faith spoke up while watching Spike from behind the station. “He looks … not like he usually does. He must have gotten some booty from you.”

Buffy avoided her friend’s question and instead asked a question. “Where were you last night? I called.”

Faith smirked, “I was getting some booty last night.”

“Now, see? You’re a total hypocrite … Was it good?”

“No, I’m that kind of girl, you’re not, and yes it was good. I may even call him,” Faith informed Buffy with a smile.

“Uh-huh. Good for you.” Buffy headed back to Spike’s table and placed the mug in front of him. “There you go.”

“Thanks.”

Buffy nodded and began to walk away.

“Hey …”

Buffy stopped and turned to face him, “Yea?”

“What are you doing tonight?”

“Nothing that I can think of.” Buffy walked back over to him. “You have any ideas of what I could be doing?”

Spike grinned and took a sip of his coffee, then looked at her. “I could think of a few things …”

“Spike … would those be naughty things?”

“If you want, I’m open to anything.”

“She’s going out with me.” Faith butted in. “Dancing.”

Buffy turned around and saw Faith standing there. “I am?”

“Yep.”

Spike pulled out his newspaper and spread it out on the table, “Oh, well,” looking a bit disappointed.

Buffy leaned in close to him, too close and whispered, “I’ll take care of that real quick. Give me a minute.” Buffy stood back up, “Faith, let’s go and work out those plans.” She grabbed Faith’s hand and led her back to the station, leaving a grinning Spike behind.

“What the hell is your problem and since when am I going dancing with you?!”

Faith shrugged, “Since now? Come on, I really want you to go. Maybe you’ll find someone your own age to be doing naughty things with.” Faith was mocking her. Oh yes, that was definite Buffy mockage.

“Um, no. That’s okay, but have fun with that. And besides … I thought I wasn’t that kind of girl?” Buffy sweetly reminded her.

With the roll of her eyes, Faith replied, “Please? Just come out with me tonight and you can meet the guy that may steal my heart.”

Buffy sighed, “Fine. I’ll go and watch you be happy.”

“Thank you. That’s all I want anyway.” Faith went to go help her customers while Buffy walked back over to Spike’s table and informed him of what was going on.

“Thought you were going to take care of it? Seems like she took care of you instead,” Spike told her as he looked over the paper.

Buffy sat in the booth with a dramatic sigh, “She wants me to meet the man of her dreams, if that’s even possible. That girl is incapable of loving.”

Spike glanced at her, “Well, it is Friday; you could come by after …”

“That would be after two … Faith likes to stay until they turn the damn lights on and kick everyone out.”

“That’s okay, I’ll wait up …”

“I’ll also have to tell my mother also, she worries.”

“What about saying the weekend?” he asked.

“That would be going too fast, now Spikey.”

“Fast? And don’t call me Spikey.” He told her.

“Well, we are only friends.”

“Friends getting to know each other.”

Buffy leaned in close and whispered, “Oh, I see, you wanna feel my goodies!”

Spike grinned, “Maybe.”

“Uh-huh, I have to get back. You know I have other tables to take care of,” She said as she stood up.

Spike took her hand, “So you’ll come?”

“Yea, I’ll be there,” Buffy said then walked away to take care of her other tables.

Buffy had talked to her mother about her plans, and surprisingly she had been cool with it. Oh, maybe that was because Buffy told her that she was staying over at Faith’s tonight. Yea, that was it.

Faiths new ‘crush’ didn’t show up, so Faith had fun ‘crushing’ on other guys. Faith had introduced the current guy she was dancing with to Buffy, but she wasn’t really paying attention. Her thoughts drifted to the sexy blonde that was waiting for her.

“Hey, turn here,” Buffy said and sat up in her seat in Faiths car.

“And why am I doing this, this isn’t the way to your house.”

“I know,” Buffy yawned.

“Where am I taking you?”

Buffy just looked at her.

“Oh, no. I’m not taking you there.”

“Girl, you’d better turn down that street.”

Faith turned down the street and saw that she entered a subdivision, a nice one at that.

“The guys loaded.”

“Is it your business?”

“Just wanted to know …”

“Fine. He has some money,” Buffy sighed and grabbed her purse from the backseat.

“Did you even bring a bag, cause I assume you’re staying the night.” Faith asked.

“Fuck.”

Faith just grinned.

Buffy looked at her, “You got any extra clothes in here?”

“Nope, I don’t. Sorry.”

“Shit, shit, shit.” Buffy cursed herself. “I’ll just sleep in my clothes, turn here.”

“Here?”

“Yes, in the driveway,” Buffy said and looked to see if there was a light on. There definitely was.

“Nice place.”

“Yea, it is nice. Thank you for the ride and sorry that your ‘Romeo’ wasn’t there tonight.” Buffy unbuckled her seat belt and turned to go.

“If you need anything, or … like if you want me to come and get you, I will, Ok? Just call.” Faith told her.

Buffy smiled, thanked her and walked to the door.

Faith waited until Buffy was let inside, then pulled out and drove home.

Spike smirked as Buffy walked past him to the living room, watching as she plopped on the couch.

“Have a good time tonight?” Spike asked and sat down next to her.

“It was okay, I’m so tired though. I haven’t been out that late in awhile,” Buffy said as she leaned back on the couch.

Spike leaned her forward and sat behind her, rubbing her shoulders, “Should I put you to bed now?”

“Oh, I think by you rubbing me like that, I’m going to fall asleep now …”

Spike grinned and kissed her neck, “Don’t really want that, but if you have to …”

“I’m sorry.” Buffy yawned and leaned her head back, closing her eyes.

Spike’s hand that was on her shoulder made its way down to her stomach. The other on her thigh. He continued to kiss her neck, while his hand made its way under her baby T. Buffy took in a sharp breath, but let him continue. It was feeling too good. Her body subconsciously started moving against him, and she knew how much it was affecting him when she heard him groan.

“Can I?”

Buffy knew what he was asking and she nodded her head. Spike grabbed her shirt by the hem and pulled it over her head, placing the shirt next to them. He ran his fingertips up her sides, which made her giggle, then moan when they found their destination. Spike cupped her breasts, his thumbs running circles over her nipples. Very hard nipples he noted.

“Buffy, let’s go to bed …”

“Mmm …” Was all he got as a response.

Spike moved her hair out of the way, and began to kiss her shoulder, while he brought his hands to the clasp of her bra.

‘Snap’

Buffy moaned as he pulled her bra down and off.

He palmed her breasts and moved his hands in circles, breathing hard on her neck. She arched back into him, pressing herself more into him. She could feel for herself how much this was getting to him. She took advantage of that.

“Buffy …”

“Mmm …”

He pinched and pulled at her nipples making Buffy gasp.

“Turn around … want to see you.”

Buffy sat up and turned herself around straddling his lap.

“Beautiful,” he commented then put his mouth on her, circling her nipple with his tongue. Buffy ground herself on him.

“Ooh … Spike …”

“I know, baby, let’s go to bed.”

“I … yea, let’s do that.” She made up her mind. She wanted him, and she was going to have him.

Tonight.

 

TBC

First Time by SlayersGift
Chapter Four, Second Chances :: First Time :: Spike carried her into the room, kissing her along the way. He laid her on the bed and just stood there, gazing at her. Buffy sat up as she shyly covered her naked breasts and jumped when he kicked the bed.

“None of that,” he said, licking his lips. “You’re beautiful, you have nothing to hide.”

Buffy blushed and unwrapped her arms from around herself.

Spike lit a few candles that were on his dresser and nightstand and before coming back to the foot of the bed. He pulled his shirt from over his head and kicked off his shoes.

Buffy watched, her eyes slowly moving down his form, until they rested on his belt buckle. Then she gulped, and looked at his face.

Spike grinned as he began to unbuckle his belt and slowly unzipped his pants, letting them drop to the floor, and somehow Buffy wasn’t surprised that he went commando.

“See anything you like?”

“Uh …”

“What?”

“Nothing …”

Spike tilted his head and looked at her, “Are you okay? Did you change your mind?”

Buffy shook her head slowly, “Oh, no … it’s just …”

“Just what?”

A beat.

“You’re fucking beautiful,” Buffy breathed.

“Now love,” Spike said grinning, “I think I’m the one that’s supposed to be telling you that, now come on …” He kneeled in front of the bed, “Off with these.” He unbuttoned her jeans and when he said lift, she did. He pulled them down and off, then went for her panties.

“Wait.”

Spike knew it. He knew she was going to stop, and he cursed himself for going too fast with her. He’d been alone so long, and she had come along, wanting to know everything about him. She was actually interested in him. First day, she opened up to him more than Winifred did the first two weeks that he’d known her. “Bloody hell,” he thought. He looked at her, and waited for the rejection.

“It’s just …what does this mean?” Buffy looked at him with sad eyes, thinking this was only a one-time thing. Like a Faith thing. One time and they’re history. Hello sex, goodbye Buffy. She pouted.

“What do you want it to mean?” Spike answered her.

“Oh, well, I guess that just explained it.” Buffy looked anywhere but at him and grabbed the pillow covering herself.

“If I …” Spike stopped, trying to choose his words carefully. “If I have sex with you, that means I like you, Buffy. Granted, I have had one nights stands, but this isn’t one of them. I don’t know what you’re looking for, but …”

Buffy held her hand up, “No, that … it’s fine, I was just worried that it was a one-night stand, you don’t have to say anything more.” Buffy put her hand to her side and looked at him, then his hand on her inner thigh.

Spike leaned down and kissed where his hand was, then moved his mouth up her leg, raining kisses along the way. Buffy moaned and placed the pillow at her side. He curled his fingers into her panties and slowly started to bring them down.

Buffy was nervous, but in a good way. Was there such a way? She didn’t know, but if there was, this would be one of those times. She could feel her skin getting hotter and more flushed, and she knew she looked it.

“Spike …”

He heard her, but didn’t acknowledge her, instead he pulled her panties down and off. Before throwing them behind his shoulder, he brought them to his nose, closing his eyes and taking in her essence.

“Perv much?”

“Bloody intoxicating.”

Buffy blushed even more and before she had a chance to even think about closing her legs, he had pried her them apart and looked at her pussy. He couldn’t help it, he had to … had to smell, taste …worship. He leaned in close, taking his fingers to separate her folds, placing his tongue on her and licking bottom to top. Buffy shivered.

“Oh God …”

“Name’s Spike, love.” And with that, he sucked her clit into his mouth, gently sucking on it and rolling his tongue over her.

“Yes, yes … Spike, Oh Spike.” Buffy breathed.

Spike looked up and watched her. Head thrown back, panting … He sucked harder and she bucked beneath him. Yea, that’s his girl.

“Spike, oh fuck, baby …”

Spike continued his ministrations and slipped a finger between her folds. He’d never seen anything as beautiful as this woman. Lying on his bed, open for him. Only him. He realized that he wanted to keep it that way. Only for him … He liked the sound of that. He added a second finger and turned his hand palm up and searched for that sweet spot.

“Holy shit!”

Yea, he found it. He rolled her clit lightly between his teeth and kept rubbing her g-spot.

“Baby, Spike! Oh God, I’m going to come, it’s … it’s … oh Spike!!!” She panted as she came, her essence flowing into his mouth. He gave her clit one last suck and sat up looking at her.

Buffy grinned and fell back on the bed.

“Not going to bed so soon, love are you?”

“No, no … that … wow.”

“Wow?”

“Hell yes, wow. Now come up here, I want to take care of you.”

“You don’t have to …”

“I know I don’t have to, but I want to. So come on, I want to taste you.”

What was he going to say? No? Yea, bloody unlikely. Hot girl in his bed saying that she wanted to taste him, yea, he’s up there.

Spike lay down beside her and kissed her, letting her taste herself on his tongue.

“Mmm …”

Spike grinned and moved up to the headboard, sitting up against it. Buffy moved between his legs and kissed him again, then got situated in front of him. Spike watched as she grabbed his cock, touched the tip with her finger taking the little bit of pre-come that was there and pulling said finger into her mouth, sucking on it.

“Mmm, now that’s tasty.”

“Fuck Buffy …”

Buffy smiled at him, “Not yet, but soon.” She leaned and took him into her mouth. Her small hand wrapped around the base, pumping slowly. Up and down. Down and up. Her other hand gripped his hip. He swore it was going to leave a mark. The idea of that got him hotter.

“So hot …”

“Mmm …”

The sensations of her reply sent vibrations through him. Buffy sucked on the head then licked down a vein and back up again, sucking him into her mouth once more. The hand that was on his hip crept its way between his legs, and cupped his balls.

“Baby … baby, fuck.”

Buffy squeezed gently, and then rolled them around, while pumping his cock faster. She picked her head up, taking her mouth off of him, watching him as she pumped and rolled him.

“Mmm, I can feel your balls tightening … you’re gonna come, would you like to come in my mouth … Hmm? Would you like that … Spike?”

Spike opened his eyes, watching her in disbelief. Slowly he nodded his head yes, added a weak ‘please’ then bucked. He was close.

“Tell me you want me to. Tell me you want to come in my mouth.” She pumped faster, squeezed harder, and then brought her mouth down to his balls, sucking one into her mouth.

“God yes, Buffy!”

Buffy placed her mouth on his cock again, feeling his balls tighten to the extreme. With a roar, he came. And man, did she love the power she had over him.

Buffy took all he had to offer, and with a final swipe of her tongue licking him clean, she sat up and looked at him.

“Damn woman, give a bloke a bleeding heart attack, why don’t you?” He chuckled and reached for his pack of cigarettes. Buffy smiled and crawled to his side, throwing a leg over him and laying her head on his chest. Spike lit his cigarette and put an arm around her.

“What’s your real name?”

“Hmm?”

“Your real name, I’m sure your mother didn’t name you Spike.”

“Oh, well, uh … it’s William.”

“I like that, why don’t you go by it?”

“It kind of stuck; it’s a nickname my son gave me.”

“Oh? Tell me.”

Spike took a drag of his cigarette then put it out, turning his head to blow the smoke out of her direction.

“Mattie and I used to go bowling. We were on this little league. Winifred thought it would be a good idea that we bond, you know? A father son type of thing. I didn’t mind of course, when I asked him what he would like to do, he said ‘I want to throw the ball at those tall things.’ I assumed he meant bowling so we started that up.”

“That’s sweet,” Buffy said.

“Right, mmm, yea and well, we would play and what not and while we were playing I had gotten a strike. Well instead of calling it a strike he called it a ‘spike’ and I didn’t have the heart to tell him that it was actually called the other. He was so happy, and laughing, and…” He trailed off.

“I’m sorry.”

“No, it’s okay. That’s the most I’ve actually talked about him in a long, long time. Anyway, when we got home, he called me ‘Spike man’ and Winifred called me Spike, then well, you know how it is. They call you a name once and you can never get rid of it.”

“Yea …”

“Is your name really Buffy?”

“Why would you think it’s not?”

“I don’t know, it sounds kind of porny, like Bunny or something.”

“Hey!”

Spike chuckled, “I guess it really is your name.”

“Yes, it is. My mother gave me that name … I don’t know what kind of drugs she was on when she named me, but yes, that is my name … Strike.”

“Hey!,” Spike said as he played with her hair, “Well, I like it …” He leaned in close and whispered, making the hairs on the back of her neck stand up, “Buffy …”

“Ooh …”

Spike smiled into her hair, “Is that a good ooh?” He asked as he shifted a bit and put out his cigarette.

“Yes, a very good ooh”, Buffy said and pulled herself on top of him, settling herself on his thighs and grasping his cock in her small hand.

“Got plans for me, love?”

“Good plans … great in fact,” she took his hands and placed them on her breasts, then brought her hand back down and stroked him slowly.

Spike fondled her, molding her breasts and rolling her nipples with his fingers. Buffy raised herself then sank on him, taking him fully.

They both moaned at the contact.

“Fuck …”

“Mmm, I know, baby, you’re so big. Feel so good.” Buffy began to rock on him.

“No, no Buffy …”

Buffy suddenly grew self-conscious and looked at him. “Did I do something wrong?”

“No, no, nothing wrong, it’s just … protection.”

“Oh God, I’m such an idiot.” She got off of him and moved to the other side of the bed.

“No, no you’re not, and hey, get back here!” he said as opened up his nightstand and pulled out a condom. Thank you God! They weren’t expired. He rolled and faced her.

“Buffy?”

“Present …”

“Not really, get your skinny, beautiful ass over here, and put this on me.”

Buffy sat up, taking the condom and ripping it open. She resumed her spot on his thighs and rolled the condom over him.

“Now that’s more like it … Get back on, give me a ride.”

Buffy moaned, “Oh God …”

“What did I say about that?”

Buffy sank on him, “Spike … that’s your name …” Buffy moaned.

“Yea, baby, say my name. Tell me who you’re fucking,” Spike said with a thrust of his hips.

“You, you Oh Spike, fuck you’re so fucking big …” She rolled her hips and Spike bucked up into her, “Oh!”

“Mmm, baby, you’re so tight, and wet …” He placed a finger on her clit and rubbed circles over it. “Yes, you’re fucking wet, so wet … all for me.”

“Yes, yes, all for you,” Buffy rode him faster, threw her head back and brought her hands up to play with her breasts.

“Fucking hot, you’re fucking hot … my goddess … worship you …”

Buffy moaned and reached her hand behind her, rolling his balls in her palm.

“Buffy, fuck …”

“Mmm, Spike, Spike … I’m … Oh Spike, feels so good …”

“Squeeze me … use your muscles … show me what that pussy can do … break me …”

“Ugh …” She clenched herself around him and when he placed his hands on her hips, she bounced.

“Hear that Buffy? That slapping … my flesh and your flesh … together … sweetest sound …”

“Oh, oh, oh …”

Spike put his fingers back on her clit and pinched.

“Come for me love; come so hard … scream … I’m so close …”

“I … I …”

“That’s it, fuck yourself on me … all yours … feel that?” He thrust up in her. “Buffy, do you? That’s me …I’m so hard, and oh baby, I’m gonna come …all yours …”

Buffy spoke incoherent words and continued, “It’s … I … Spike ... Spike …SPIKE!!!!”

Buffy came and Spike flipped her, laying her on her back, fucking her hard.

“Spike, Spike I’m gonna come again, Spike …oh, oh …”

“Do it now, do it.”

She did.

Spike came with her,her name spilling from his lips. He lay down atop her and kissed her neck, then her mouth. He then rolled off her, disposed the condom and came to rest behind her back after she had turned on her side.

Buffy closed her eyes briefly, and then opened them to look at his clock.

“Oh God, Spike, it’s almost six … I’m going to be a zombie tomorrow.” Buffy yawned.

Spike wrapped his arm around her, “That’s okay, I won’t wake you till noon. How does that sound?”

“Perfect.”

 

TBC

Drama by SlayersGift
Second Chances Chapter Five ::Drama:: Buffy awoke and took in her surroundings. She was in a bed, a big bed in fact, and she was naked. She rolled over finding out that she was alone. She sat up bringing the sheet up to cover her chest while looking around the room for her clothes.

“Damn it,” She muttered and yawned.

She found a blue button down shirt thrown over a chair, grabbed it and put it on. Oh, there’s my undies, she thought as she picked them up off the floor and pulled them on. She made her way to the bathroom, looking for some mouth wash. She found it under the sink, along with those small Dixie cups on top of the counter.

After she made sure she had decent breath, she went looking around the house for him. Kitchen? No. Living room? Nope, not there either. She made her way across the house to where his study was. She heard his voice. Ahh, jackpot. Buffy smiled and pushed open the door more, making her way inside.

“So, how does that sound with you? I think I have a shot, but I’m … I’m going to need your help with it. I think if I have it up and running, sooner rather than later it would …” Spike paused as he spun around in his chair after hearing the door creak. He stood and made his way toward her, giving her a kiss on the cheek, then went back to his conversation.

“What was I saying? Oh, yes …what? No! Liam, I’ve told you, it’s been two years, I’m clean.” Spike told Liam. “I’m sober and I’m not going to fuck up again.”

Spike covered his face with his hand, then pinched the bridge of his nose with his index finger and thumb, sighing. “Don’t do this to me Liam, we have history. I introduced you to Cordelia for Christ’s sake!”

Buffy decided she didn’t want to be around to hear this, and suspected that he didn’t want her there to hear him sounding so … needy. She turned to leave, but he caught her arm and brought her down on his lap, where he placed kisses on her shoulder. He moved his hand up her stomach to her breast and gave it a light squeeze then took it away.

“Thank you. Thank you Liam. Yes, I’ll come by on Monday. Thank you.” He hung up the phone and pulled her close to him.

“What was all that about?”

“That? Oh, just work. Or rather, hoping that it will be work. I think he’s interested in me working for him.”

“That’s great …Umm, doing what?” Buffy asked.

“Oh, web design,” Spike said as he brought both of his hands up to cover her shirt-clad breasts.

“Mmm, wearing my shirt love, seems you made yourself at home …” He kissed her neck and began to unbutton the shirt.

“Hey, hey … I’m hungry.” Buffy told him. “We can hanky panky later.”

Spike pouted against her neck, “Want you now …”

Buffy ground onto him whispering, “Down boy,” Then got up and faced him.

“You little tease. Down boy? You just woke him up more.” Spike grinned and stood as well, “Now he’s just going to follow you wherever you go …Hey, get back here!”

Buffy had taken off running, but didn’t get very far seeing as Spike caught up with her and pinned her against the wall in the hallway.

“Mmm, got you now, love,” Spike purred and captured her lips with his.

Buffy kissed him back while wrapping her arms around him. Spike pried her legs apart with one leg then stepped between them. He ran his hand up her leg, encountering her panties.

“Now, that just won’t do,” He informed her as he slowly pulled them down. Buffy tilted her head back and reached for his jeans. She undid the button, unzipped them, and then shoved them down. Spike placed his hands under her thighs and lifted her up, slipping inside of her.

“Fuck Buffy,” Spike moaned as he moved in and out of her slowly, enjoying the feel of her around him.

Buffy gasped as he brought his hand to the top of the shirt and ripped it down the middle, making buttons go everywhere. He began raining kisses on her neck and breasts.

Buffy wrapped her legs around him tighter and moved herself on him more, “Suck on them, please Spike, Oh mmm …please …” She pleaded. He didn’t hesitate. He placed his mouth on a nipple and suckled it.

She squeezed his cock and he moaned against her skin.

He separated himself from her breast, “Do it again,” and then brought the nipple back into his mouth, rolling his tongue around it, teasing it.

“Ahhh, I’m …” Buffy moaned.

“Mmm …”

Spike let go of her breast and placed his arms under hers, resting his hands on her shoulders, thrusting into her harder.

“Oh, that’s it! That! Oh!!!” Buffy screamed.

“Like …that …kitten?” Spike panted, moving his head back to watch her. Fucking gorgeous.

“Fucking gorgeous, Buffy. That’s what you are. So hot and tight, I swear you’re going to swallow me whole. I want you to, take me in…Take it all,” Spike groaned then drove into her faster.

“Ah, ah …Spike, I …Oh Spike I …Oh Fuck!!!!” Buffy screamed as she came. Spike shut his eyes tight as he started to come, then realized that they didn’t use a condom and pulled out of her, his come shooting onto her thigh, the rest of it anyway.

“Fuck!”

“Wha …Oh …Oh no.” Buffy breathed as she put her legs down. “Damnit!”

“Buffy …”

“No, I …what …how could I be so fucking stupid?”

“Not you love, me …I should have …”

Buffy stared at him.

“Don’t worry about it, I mean…Well, you know,” Buffy said then brought her finger in her mouth, licking what was there.

“What do you mean don’t worry about it? Are you on birth control?” Spike asked.

“Well …no, but …”

“No buts Buffy, I’m fucking thirty-four years old. I’m not having another kid.”

“Oh …well, what are the odds anyway? Don’t stand there and give yourself a heart attack.” Buffy bent over to pull her panties up as Spike buckled up his pants.

Buffy pulled the shirt over her, holding it together by her arms that were crossed in front of her.

“Are you saying that if I am … I have to … you know …?”

“Buffy …”

“No, I want to know.”

“We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it. Let’s just pray that it doesn’t.” Spike said then made his way to the kitchen. “You said you were hungry right? What would you like?”

Buffy followed him, deciding to let it go. She wouldn’t be pregnant anyway.

She hoped.

Later that night, they were sitting on the couch, watching some sketch show. Buffy laughed and leaned in closer to him. Spike held her closer and tried to concentrate on the TV, her ... anything except the fact that she could be pregnant. He didn’t want to be a father again. He swore to himself after Winifred took Matthew away from him, that that was it. He was done. No more kids to bring into the world, just so they could be taken away from him. He couldn’t bring himself to go through that again. She’s only twenty; she’s going to want kids … Spike thought to himself. He closed his eyes already knowing that this new relationship was doomed. Might as well go ahead and talk about it. It was going to come up anyway. She must have been thinking the same thing when she tilted her head up and looked at him.

“Spike?”

“Buffy …”

“If I am pregnant, am I going to have to get an abortion?”

Oh God, no! His mind screamed out, though the words didn’t leave his lips.

Spike sat up, bringing her up with him, “We have to talk …”

Buffy sat up and moved to the other side of the couch, sitting Indian style facing him.

“Okay.”

“You’re young …I’m, well …not. You want different things and …”

“What?”

“Buffy let me finish.”

“Uh, how do you know what I want? You’ve never asked!”

This already wasn’t going well, and he’d only said that one part.

“Buffy, do you want kids?”

“Well, yea.”

“Buffy, I don’t. I don’t want kids, I’ve had my one and that’s it.”

“I see.”

“No, let me …”

“Explain? I think you did enough of that.”

“No, I bloody well have not!” he snapped making Buffy jump.

Buffy just looked at him, tears forming in her eyes at being yelled at as if she was a …child.

“Look,” he said turning to face her, “I’m not having anymore kids just so they can be taken away from me. Plus, I need to focus on working. I’m running out of money and time for that, and I can’t also worry about having a job and a kid.”

“Oh, please that is so … not the first part, but that second excuse you gave me is a load of bull. People have jobs and kids all the time, you sound like a fucking woman.” Buffy glared at him and wiped her eyes, so they wouldn’t spill over her cheeks.

“Gee, thanks.” Spike said as he looked away from her.

“Yea, well …” She shrugged then looked up at him. “Are you saying that… this, between me and you … its not going anywhere, is it?”

“I’m sorry …”

“No, I am.” She said as she got up. “Sorry to think that I could … I’m so fucking stupid, why would I want to involve myself with you anyway, just like you said, I’m twenty years old. I … this is …” She sighed. “Just fuck it. A lesson is learned, no one is hurt, just … fuck it.”

Buffy left him sitting there and went to his room, throwing on her clothes. She grabbed the phone and called Faith. She was putting on her shoes when Spike walked in and leaned against the doorframe.

“You’re leaving?”

“Well, I’m not needed anymore; I think we did what I came here for. Oh hey Faith …” Buffy talked into the phone turning her back on him, “Yea, do you remember the house you dropped me off at? Yea? …Well, could you come and get me; I need to get out of here … Okay, thank you, I’ll be waiting outside.” She hung up and stood, going for her purse.

She grabbed it and stood thinking if she was forgetting anything else. She decided she wasn’t and headed for the door, but Spike blocked her path.

“Move.”

“No.”

“Spike, please …”

Spike sighed and twirled his finger around a strand of hair, pursed his lips together and looked at her.

“I’m sorry.”

“I think you already said that.” She felt like she was going to cry and decided instead to get angry. “It was all fun and all, but you’re right. I’m not good for you, and you’re not good for me. Maybe you should find someone more your age instead of running around with me. You know, someone more your …pace. Pretty soon, you won’t even be able to catch up with me, seeing as you’re old …er.”

Spike laughed.

Buffy frowned, “Whatever, Spike just fucking get out of my way.” She shoved him and walked past him, heading to the living room.

“Oh, now not only are you being a brat, you’re shoving me?”

“A brat?!”

“Yes, a fucking brat! You know what? Fuck it, not only do I not want to have a child, I don’t want to be with a child either, just go back home to your mother.”

Buffy slapped him. “Fuck you.”

“I think we already did that right, love? Made you scream my name …” He reminded her.

Buffy opened the door and turned to face him. “Don’t …don’t talk to me, don’t come near me … Just forget about this …” She laughed to ease the tears away, “Forget about last night and this morning. It meant nothing.” She coldly told him, “You mean nothing.”

Then she was gone.

Faith didn’t say anything when Buffy got in the car, but she saw Spike in the window, watching Buffy. Then he turned away as Faith pulled out of the driveway.

“What happened?”

“Bullshit, he’s a fucking jerk and I swear if I ever see him again …” Buffy trailed off as she looked out the window. “And don’t even say, I told you so, because I’m liable to beat your fucking ass.”

“Damn, well, I wasn’t going to say that … even though …” Buffy gave her a warning look, so Faith just shrugged.

“Its gonna be kind of hard never seeing him again. He comes into the diner every morning, B. You’re going to see him.”

Buffy closed her eyes and leaned back in the seat.

“Great.”

Tbc…

Need You by SlayersGift
Chapter Six of Second Chances

 

Chapter Six

Need You

 

Buffy called in sick on Monday, hoping to avoid Spike. She knew it was crazy, but she did not want to see him, and she would go to great lengths to make that happen. Or so she thought. If she could put it off any longer, she would, but she couldn’t. Eventually she had to go back. Maybe she’ll tell him to find another diner. His business was no longer wanted or needed. Who was she kidding? She missed him like crazy. In the few days that they had been together, she’d been the most happy. Free to do whatever she wanted. Free to feel whatever she wanted. She liked that. She liked him too. A lot.

She was brought out of her thoughts by the phone ringing. She hated the fact that she didn’t have caller ID and noted to herself to beg her mother for that. Doesn’t everybody have that? She thought so. So why couldn’t they? She rolled over on her bed and picked up the phone, but didn’t say anything.

“Yo B? You there? Dawn, if this is you …” Faith started.

“It’s me.” Buffy sighed.

“Hey. Why aren’t you at work? You need to get your ass down here, and help me with these fucking tables. I swear the next time some guy tries to grab my ass, I’m gonna fuck him up.”

“I can’t … I’m sick.” Buffy coughed. “See?”

“Yea right, you faker. I know why you’re not coming in and let me tell you, he’s not here.”

“He’s not?”

“Nope, hasn’t been in.” Faith informed her.

Buffy sat up. “I guess he listened to me.” He’s not coming around anymore. Well, I did tell him to stay away. She pushed him away, and out of her life. Maybe it was better that way.

“So? Are you coming, because I have to go. Please, come in and if you don’t, I’m coming over after work and kicking your ass! Oh, shit, got to go. The man just walked in.” Faith hung up.

Buffy felt like she was going to cry, but willed the tears away. She got up and took a shower, came back out and put on her uniform.

Today is just another day. I can get through this. I don’t need him. He means nothing to me, she thought as she made her way to the bus stop.

“Oh, well thank you kind sir,” Buffy smiled as she placed the tip in her apron, and then grabbed the rest of the plates away from a table of three older men. She headed back to the kitchen to deposit the dishes in the sink when platinum blonde hair caught her eye. No, please no, damnit! She turned and looked at ‘his’ table, and there he was. Smirking at her. Fucking bastard, Buffy thought and made her way to the kitchen, not looking back.

Faith saw him and headed to his table, “What’ll it be?”

Spike looked up at her, “Coffee decaf.”

“Coming right up.” She turned to walk away.

“Oh, no take your time. I plan on being here awhile.”

Faith turned around, “Don’t you have a life?”

“Is it your business?”

“Well, yea, Buffy’s my friend, and I’d rather have it if creepy men didn’t come by to apparently stalk her.”

“Is that what you think I’m doing?”

Faith just looked at him.

“Well, then how would you explain the last few months of my coming in here?”

“Whatever. It’s coming up.” Faith went to go get his coffee, and Spike opened up the newspaper, like he did every morning. Only it was three in the afternoon.

Buffy came back out from the kitchen and went to the waitress’ station.

“I can’t believe he showed up, I thought I was going to be able to get through this day without a cameo of the fucking prick.” Buffy said as she leaned against the counter.

“Yea, well, I’m just going to serve him this coffee and get him the fuck out of here.”

“You’re serving him?”

“Yea, figured you weren’t going to.”

Buffy sighed, “Give me that.”

“What?”

“The mug.”

“You sure? You’re not gonna get all weepy on us, are you?”

“Fuck that. He can go to hell.”

Faith smiled and handed her the mug, “That’s my girl.”

Buffy headed towards the table, “Yea, yea …”

Spike wasn’t expecting to see Buffy heading towards him. He sat up straight and moved the paper out of the way.

Buffy placed the mug in front of him. She leaned in close to his ear, making Spike close his eyes for a second. “One cup, then get the fuck out of here and find a different diner.”

Spike reached his hand up and brushed his fingertips across her arm, “Is that what you really want?”

Buffy snatched her arm away and stood, “Didn’t I just say that, or are you hard of hearing. You know, maybe you should get a hearing aid.” Buffy smirked.

Spike glared at her, “You can joke all you want, but this old guy made you fucking scream, beg … come. I wouldn’t crack jokes.”

Buffy sighed and held her tray close to her, “What are you doing here anyway? You’re late.”

“Were you waiting for me?”

“Actually not, I just came in about an hour ago.”

Spike grinned. He knew why she just now came in. Or at least he assumed.

“Yea, well, I had a meeting with Liam, we talked about a project he wants to hire me for.”

“Well, good for you.” She began to walk away.

“Buffy …”

Buffy didn’t stop, “Just go.”

Spike watched her until she went through the double doors. He did however see Faith give him a thumbs up, smiling, then turn her arm up to flick him off before going back in the kitchen with Buffy.

Spike folded up his paper and stood, taking out his wallet. He left a twenty for her, and then left the diner. He planned to never go back there again.

The next week went by smoothly; she only cried twice and cursed herself for even doing that. Maybe she was just a child. Crying over some guy that she didn’t even love. Well, maybe she did, she wasn’t sure. She knew she had feelings for him; big, huge feelings. Buffy wondered if he was thinking of her. Probably not. Fucker probably has some little bitch in his bed … making her scream and beg. And man, could he do that. Buffy sighed and grabbed the remote before falling back on the bed. She turned on the TV and found a channel that she liked. Her thoughts still drifted back to him. Damn him. Damn him good! She thought.

Spike was on his fifth beer after getting a call from his mother in law. It couldn’t be true. It couldn’t. He laughed through his tears, and then sobbed like a baby. He needed someone right now. He needed Buffy. He had found out where his son was, but under the worst of circumstances. His ex wife, Winifred, had died in a car accident that morning. His first thought was getting on the first plane out to Seattle, where his son was, instead he went out to the local liquor store and got himself a twelve pack. He knew he shouldn’t, but he told himself just this once. One time. Make the pain go away. He wanted to call his former Sponsor, Clem but he couldn’t find the number. Maybe it was because he had thrown it away when he figured he would never touch the stuff again. He really wished he had that number. He picked up the phone and called the only person other than Clem that he wanted to talk to. Buffy.

Buffy dried herself off after getting out of the bathtub. She gave herself a ‘Buffy’ day, complete with a facial mask, bubbles, and candles. She told herself she’d be turning into a new person. Yea, right she thought, like a bath is going to do that for you. She heard the phone ringing but figured Dawn or her mom would get it. Faith was out today with her new boy toy, so she knew the phone wouldn’t be for her. Boy was she wrong.

There was a knock on the door, “Buffy, there’s a guy on the phone for you,” Dawn said as she came into the room. She covered the phone and whispered, “He sounds sad.”

Buffy sat on the bed and took the phone, “Hello?” Dawn walked back out of the room and shut the door.

“Buffy?”

“What do you want?”

“I … I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have called.” His voice was shaky.

“Spike? Are you okay?” Buffy asked. Something wasn’t right. Was he crying?

“No, I’m really not. I … I got a call from my Gladys, my mother in law, or ex… or whatever. There …”

“Spike?”

Spike took a swig of his beer and kind of laughed, “My ex wife died this morning, she died, she’s gone. She had an accident.” Spike sniffed, and wiped at his tears.

“Oh my God, Spike, I’m so sorry.”

“Well, you don’t have to be, don’t know why I called you anyway.” He spat.

Whoa, what the fuck?

“Spike?”

“What?”

“Do you want me to come over?” Before he had a chance to answer, she continued. “No, I’m coming. I’ll be right there, okay?”

“Okay.”

Buffy took a cab over to his house; she paid the driver and didn’t bother to knock; she walked right in. Placing her purse on the table near the door, she took in what was going on. She saw empty beer bottles all over his coffee table and his magazines thrown on the floor. She looked down the hallway, and then turned her attention to the sliding glass door, leading to the back porch where she heard him.

She opened up the door a bit more, and stepped outside. He didn’t acknowledge her, just continued to look ahead of him. She saw the beer bottle in front of him, and the cigarette in his trembling hand.

“Spike?”

He didn’t answer, just sighed and took a swig of the green bottle. She fought the urge to say something about that, but decided against that. She could do that later.

Buffy moved and sat in the chair next to him, and placed a hand on his thigh.

“Spike, I’m here. You don’t have to say anything.” Buffy said softly.

Spike nodded and put out his cigarette in the ashtray.

“Matthew is coming to live with me.”

Buffy smiled a little knowing how much he missed his son, but it must be so hard that this was the cause of it.

“Gladys thinks that would be the best. That’s just her way of saying that she doesn’t want him. She was never really the kind of grandmother that most kids have. She had her own life …rot like that. Fuck.” He took another sip of his beer then lit another cigarette.

Buffy just sat there listening to him. She wanted to hug him, hold him, make him feel better. She knew there was nothing she could but listen. That’s what he seemed to want right now. And she would give it to him.

“I’ve always wanted my son with me, but what if he doesn’t know who I am? What … what if he’s forgotten me?” Spike turned and looked at her, tears in his eyes, “What if he doesn’t love me anymore, Buffy? What am I going to do?”

“You’re going to love him, and be the best father you can be to him.” She moved her chair closer to him and cupped his face. “You know you can be, everything will work out, Spike. It will.”

Spike covered her hand with his, and then wiped his eyes. He placed his cigarette in the ashtray and pulled her out of her seat and onto his lap.

“Buffy, baby, I’m so sorry.” He buried his face in her hair and held her close. “So, so sorry.”

Buffy started crying herself and held onto him. She never wanted to let him go again.

Spike moved and looked at her. He gently brought his lips to hers and kissed her softly.

“Stay with me?”

“I will.”

Spike picked her up and carried her to his room, and gently laid her on the bed. She undressed herself while Spike chucked his pants off, then he came and lay next to her. He pulled her close and just held her for a while. Buffy let him hold her, and she ran her fingertips up and down his back. Spike settled himself between her legs and slipped inside her. He didn’t move, just stayed like that. Buffy cupped his face and kissed him, realizing then that she did love him. That she wanted to be his and his only. He put his arm under her thigh, bringing it up and he started to move within her. Keeping his face buried in her neck, he whispered words of adoration to her and told her how much he needed her.

That night they made love again. They shared tears. They shared each other. The next morning Buffy awoke to Spike’s voice. He was still in the bed, still holding onto her. She smiled and rolled over and saw that he was on the phone.

“Of course I’ll be there. I’ll get the plane ticket as soon as possible.” Spike smiled weakly at Buffy and kissed her forehead. “I’m looking forward to seeing him.” He continued on, “All right, I’ll call you when I land, ok? Bye.” He hung up the phone and pulled Buffy on top of him.

“Who was that?”

“Winifred’s brother, Alexander. He called to tell me what was going on. Haven’t talked to him in … I can’t even remember when.” He reached for a cigarette and lit it. “Thank you for coming yesterday. I, I just wanted to tell you that.”

Buffy leaned down and kissed his chest, careful of the cigarette that was being held.

“I want to be here.”

Spike put one hand in her hair, playing with it, as he took a drag of his cigarette.

“Good to know.”

Buffy sat up, raising herself on him, then sinking onto him, “No, I mean … I want to be with you.”

“Buffy …”

“I …” love you. Buffy thought. She wouldn’t dare say that to him though.

“You … you what Buffy,” Spike said as he thrust his hips making her moan.

“I … Oh Spike, I love … I love how you feel, you make me feel so good …” She moaned.

Spike ground out his cigarette in the tray next to the bed and turned his attention back to the blonde beauty making love to him.

“I love how you make me feel too.”

“When are you going to be back?” Buffy asked as he drove her back to his place.

“I’ll probably be gone for a few days, a week the latest.” Spike said as he turned onto her street.

“Oh, I … I don’t know how you’ll feel about me saying this but, I think you should go to AA again. I know …”

Spike cut her off, “It was just that one time Buffy. I’m fine.”

“I’m only saying this because you are getting your son back, and I don’t want you to fall back into it. I care, that’s all.” Buffy said softly.

“I know you do, I’ll … we’ll talk about it when I get back, okay? I promise.”

Spike pulled into her driveway and put the car in park.

“Come here and give me a kiss.”

Buffy obliged him, and bit his lower lip gently in the process.

“Mmm, feisty.” He kissed her again.

Buffy pulled away and patted his leg, “Now, you go … and you can call me anytime while you’re gone. Here or at the diner, okay?”

Spike smiled, “Oh, I will.”

Buffy kissed him again and got out of the Desoto, waving to him one last time before going inside.

“Damn, I love that girl …” Spike smiled and shook his head, then made his way to the airport.

Let Go by SlayersGift
Chapter Seven of Second Chances. Spike had been gone for three days and she hadn’t heard a word from him. She was worried about him, and she’d been lonely. Faith had said she was coming by for a girly movie night. She hadn’t had a night like that in a long time. For the past three days, all she had done was work and hang out with Dawn. Oh, and miss Spike. She called his cell phone but he didn’t pick up, and she didn’t leave a message. She figured he was with his family and didn’t want to disturb him.

Her mother kept on asking when Spike would be coming by. Buffy still hadn’t told him about that. When Buffy had told Joyce that he was out of town, she had asked why, but Buffy had told her that it was business. She didn’t want to let her mom know that he had a son.

Yet.

“Hey B,” Faith said as she walked in Buffy’s room.

Buffy lifted her head off her pillow, “How did you get in here?”

“Dawn.”

“Ahh, what movies did you bring?” Buffy asked as she sat up.

“Oh, I got some kick ass ones tonight,” She said as she plopped on Buffy’s bed.

“Which are?”

With a smirk, Faith took the movies out of her bag.

An hour and a half later, Buffy couldn’t get the ‘Oh Micky you’re so fine’ song out of her head, thanks to Faith bringing over ‘Bring it On.’

“Thanks Faith, that’s just what I needed,” Buffy said as she reached for her drink.

“When’s your boytoy coming back?”

“He’s not my boytoy.” Buffy grinned. “He’s my man toy. There’s a difference.”

“That’s my girl,” Faith gave her a wink then frowned when Buffy looked at her.

“I miss him. He hasn’t called. I have no idea what’s going on.”

“What is going on?” Faith lay back on the bed and fluffed a pillow. “Are you two getting serious?”

“I think we are, I’m not sure.”

Faith raised an eyebrow.

“Okay, I’m pretty sure we are. Very sure,” She paused, we’re serious.” Buffy threw herself back on her bed, “I don’t know.”

“Where did he go again?”

“Seattle.”

“He went there for business right?”

Buffy covered her face with her hand. She had told Faith the same lie that she had told her mother. “Well … not really.”

“What do you mean not really? Why did he go there?” Faith rolled onto her side and propped her head up with her hand.

Buffy sat up, “If I tell you will you just like … not say anything stupid?”

“Me say something stupid? Yea right!”

“Faith …”

“Fine, I promise. What’s going on?”

“His wife died …”

“He has a wife?”

“Ex-wife.”

“I see …”

“No, you don’t see. He has a son also and he’s moving back here with Spike. He hasn’t seen his son in like two years and I’m so worried about him.”

Faith rolled her eyes, “So, what are you going to do? Move in with him? Take care of his kid? Buffy, you are so wasting your time. That’s what you’ll be doing. You’re gonna get tied down and the damn kid isn’t even yours. I think you should let him go.”

“I’m not going to be the kid’s mother, I …” Buffy thought about it.

“Wanna back that up and try again, B? He’s going to keep you around so you can play the cute little housewife, and I can tell you right now, he’s not going to marry you.”

“Who said anything about marriage?”

“Please, I know you B. I bet you’re already picking out colors.”

“No, I’m not.” Buffy denied. Well, not really. As much as Buffy thought ahead into the future, she really had no idea if they even had a future.

“Whatever. You’re only twenty. Drop him, come out with me and live a little.”

“Really not in the mood to sleep with random guys, Faith. That’s your thing.”

“Oh, you hurt me B!” Faith laughed and sat up then turned serious. “Look, one of two things is going to happen. One, he’s going to keep you around because you’re young and cute, you’ll take care of his kid while he’s doing whatever. Either that or he’ll get rid of you to actually find a woman his own age to be a mother to his kid. You don’t want to get mixed up with that. You have your whole life B; you’re going to get out of here like you’ve always wanted.”

Buffy took in what she was saying.

“It’s too complicated now, I couldn’t just leave.”

“What the hell are you talking about? You don’t owe him anything. Wow you fucked! Pick up and move on.”

“It’s not that simple.”

“It is that simple. I would know.”

Buffy smiled a little and shook her head, “Yea, you would.”

“See?”

Buffy lie there on her bed staring at the ceiling and put her hand on her stomach.

No, it wasn’t that simple.

Buffy was scared, terrified even. She rubbed her tummy and couldn’t help but think that there was a baby growing inside of her; a baby that she wasn’t really ready for. She hadn’t taken a test yet because she didn’t want to stare at the positive color that would show up. What would Spike do if she was pregnant? She didn’t know. By the way he was acting; she knew he didn’t want another child. Then he called her a child and told her to go back home to her mother. Mother. If she stayed with Spike, she would already be a mother, or acting as if she was one to his son. A son that wouldn’t accept her because she wasn’t his mom. Would Spike leave her if that were the case?

Probably.

Buffy had helped out her mother and sister since she was fifteen, but that nowhere compared to what she was going to be faced with when Spike came back from Seattle. If she and Spike were even a couple, she’d have to fully accept him and his son. Cooking, cleaning … Buffy didn’t even have a car, let alone a driver’s license. She had never needed one. How could she step in and be a mother, when she was still a child?

Spike had spent the last three days in hell. He had been told if he hadn’t fucked up this wouldn’t have happened. If he would have been a better husband and father than Fred wouldn’t have left him and she wouldn’t have died. Now, all that Spike was waiting for was the funeral to attend then he was out of there and on his way back home.

His son was staying with Gladys as he had been for the past three days that Spike had been in Seattle. Xander had brought Matthew to his hotel and Spike had never been so happy in his life than when his son wrapped his arms around him. Spike had cried holding onto his Mattie promising him that he’d never leave him, that he was going to be a better father to him and that he loved him.

Spike stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around his hips. He knew that he hadn’t called Buffy at all, but things had been crazy. He sat down on the bed and fished a cigarette out of the red box.

He needed her right now. He needed her to tell him that everything was going to be okay, he needed her be there for him. Now that he had his son back, he was happy. Then he would think of Buffy and wonder if she’d stay with him. He had yelled at her and told her that he didn’t want any more children and now he feared that she would say that she didn’t want to be a mother to someone else’s child. He cursed Fred, asking why she’d had to leave. Why she had to take his son away from him and why she got killed. Had she had never left, this wouldn’t have happened. If she had never left, he never would have met Buffy. Or would he have? He didn’t know.

He’d once had a woman. They had met during high school when she had tutored him. He liked her right away. He remembered when she smiled at him awkwardly, held up her hand and told him her name in a southern accent that made him grin. After that they were together and things had been good. He followed her to college and soon after that, they were married. Then Matthew came and he thought things couldn’t get any better.

He was wrong.

“William?”

“What?”

“I am so sick and tired of you! All you do is sit in front of that Godforsaken television with your stupid beer! Maybe if you weren’t in front of it, you could find a job.”

“I’ve been looking, Fred …” Spike slurred and got up from the couch stalking towards her.

“William, no. You haven’t. This has been going on too long and …”

She was cut off when she was pushed against the wall, Spike’s mouth on hers.

She pushed him away and Spike looked at her stunned.

“What? You can’t even kiss me anymore? What is it?” Spike asked.

“You disgust me. If I’d known this was how it was going to be …” Fred started.

“You’d what? Go run off with Charles? You think I don’t know about that?! Well, luv, I do. You think people don’t tell me things you do?”

Fred looked away guilty. “You don’t understand …”

“You’re right about that, sweetheart. I don’t understand. You’re my wife, not some lawyers afternoon delight, now come here …” He reached for her, pulling her against him. She went willingly, hoping to make it up to him.

“It only happened once, I’m so sorry.” She began to cry.

“Why’d you do it? Why?” Spike started unbuttoning her shirt roughly. He finally gave up and ripped it down the middle, buttons flying everywhere.

“William?”

“Why?! You … this is mine,” He pinched her nipple through her bra and looked at her. “Mine.”

“Of course William, it is yours.”

He slapped her across the face then cupped her crotch, “Mine”

Fred looked at him shocked, “You hit me.”

“Mine.”

If looks could kill, Fred would definitely be dead right now. She tried pushing him away, but he held onto her tightly. He put his hands on her shoulders and pushed her against the wall, his erection grinding into her stomach.

“I’m sorry baby, I’m so sorry,” Spike breathed into her ear. “Let me make it up to you, let me … just stay with me.” Spike dropped to his knees in front of her and began unbuttoning her slacks.

Fred stood there silently against the wall, looking ahead. Her hands balled into fists at her sides, willing herself not to cry anymore than she had been. Spike pulled down her pants and began pulling her panties down when he stopped.

He turned his head up to look at her, “Fred?”

She continued to stare ahead, “William?”

“Go take a shower, you’re tainted.” Spike stood up and walked away.

He went into their bedroom and passed out.

That was the last time he’d ever seen her.

Spike crushed out his cigarette and got out another. He hadn’t thought about that night until now. He remembered waking up the next morning alone. He didn’t think anything of it and went to take a shower. When he got out and dressed, he went out to the kitchen expecting to see them at the table eating breakfast, all he saw was a note on the fridge.

He wiped his eyes and put out his cigarette in the ashtray.

After dressing, he sat on the bed and picked up the phone calling Buffy.

“Hello?”

“Hey, it’s me.”

“Hmm …Me who? I don’t know a ‘me.’” Buffy couldn’t hide the giggle that passed her lips.

“How are you doing?” Spike asked.

“I should be asking you that.”

“Oh, well he remembered me. God, Buffy, it’s been so long. I’m about to leave to go over to Gladys’ house to see him.”

“That’s great. I’m glad.”

“Yea, so what have you been up to? Miss me?”

“Eh, Faith just left. We had a girly movie night thing going on, and I’ve been working. Not too much going on this way.”

“Sounds interesting. The uh … the funeral is today.”

“Oh …How are you holding up?”

“Well, so far I’ve been blamed for it.” Spike sighed. “If I wouldn’t have been a fuck up, Fred wouldn’t have left me and she’d still be here.”

“Spike, you know that’s not true,” Buffy told him.

“I know, but it hurts, you know? Then I start thinking of things that I could have done, like … everything.” Spike said softly.

Buffy wanted to say things would get better for him, but she couldn’t. The words wouldn’t pass her lips. She felt bad for him in the sense that he had lost the mother of his child and was getting partially blamed for it. Then again, she was happy that she met him and that they were together. She knew that wouldn’t have happened if Winifred stayed. Then she felt bad for thinking that. They talked a little while longer, and then Spike had to go. Buffy never brought up what Faith had said. It wasn’t the time for it. She’d talk to him when he got back from Seattle. Spike told her that he missed her and he couldn’t wait for her to meet Matthew. That’s when Buffy finally realized what was happening. And she thought more into what Faith was talking to her about. She was going to meet Matthew.

His son.

Not only did she fear that she was pregnant, she was going to ‘play’ mom to his kid. Reality finally hit her.

And she was scared out of her mind.

Buffy guessed they were together, in the together sense. They never talked about living arrangements or anything like that. Their relationship was still new and they still haven’t gotten to know each other fully.

Would he ask her to move in?

She didn’t know if she even wanted to do that, or if Spike even thought about asking her. He hasn’t yet and never brought it up, so she pushed that thought out of her mind.

Buffy sighed and lay back on her bed. She started thinking of scenarios of how things would be when Spike got back from Seattle.

She still hadn’t asked Spike over to meet her mother, and now when he comes over he’ll be bringing a kid with him.

Oh, yea. That’s gonna go well.

Buffy sat up when she heard her mother coming up the stairs and went out to meet her in the hallway.

“Mom? Can we talk?” Buffy asked.

“Oh, sure Buffy,” Joyce replied as she followed her into Buffy’s room.

Buffy sat on her bed and patted the space next to her, asking her mother to sit.

“Now, what I’m about to tell you,” Buffy sighed then prayed silently. “Just don’t be mad at me, okay?”

“Buffy, I hate it when you start out conversations like this.” The older woman said.

“Mom, I know, but this is really important and I just …” Buffy looked to the ceiling hoping that her mom would understand, “You need to know.”

“Need to know what, Buffy?”

“Spike and I …we’re together.”

“I figured that, Buffy. I still don’t agree with it, but you are twenty. I really can’t say anything.” Joyce sighed.

“No, there’s more.”

“Oh God, Buffy, please don’t tell me you’re pregnant!”

Uh … Well, maybe. Buffy thought.

“No, no … Spike, he … well his … Ok, I’m just going to say it.”

Joyce just stared at her.

“Spike’s ex-wife just died and he went to Seattle for the funeral and he’s bringing back his seven year old son with him.”

A beat.

“Mom?”

“Yes, I’m … still here, I … what?” Joyce looked confused.

Buffy repeated again.

“No, no I got that. Buffy you are too young to be involved in a relationship like this.”

Buffy sighed, knowing this was going to happen.

“Mom, I told you because you needed to know. Actually, you really didn’t but I thought I’d be nice and tell you anyway. Now you know what’s going on and you’re not being kept in the dark.”

“Buffy, I still haven’t met him.” Joyce reminded her.

“You will. Spike and Matthew. Well, I still have to meet Matthew, but we will.”

“What are you going to be, his mother? Buffy you can’t even take care of yourself.”

“I’ve been helping you out since I was fifteen; I think I know a bit about responsibility.”

“Yes, but that was you helping out with bills and food. Buffy this is a child. A child that doesn’t know you, and he just lost his mother. I think you need to call this whole thing off before you get in too deep.”

“I already am in deep. Mom, I love him.”

“Oh God, Buffy please. You barely know him.” Joyce told her.

“I know enough.”

That was the only time that Spike called her while he was away. Buffy understood and she didn’t try to call him. He was going through a tough time. What with the passing of Winifred and seeing his son for the first time in two years, she figured she could wait until he called or came by when he arrived back in Sunnydale. Her mother still didn’t seem to welcome to the fact that she was with Spike. Joyce kept trying to talk to her about it, but Buffy would always change the subject or excuse herself from the room.

“Buffy! Clear that table will ya?” Willy hollered at her from the grill.

Buffy smiled and rolled her eyes as she walked back toward the kitchen to get a bus pan. She came back out and went to clear off the table, getting it ready for a new customer. Two waitresses and a busser had called in, and they were still awaiting Faith who had promised to come in early. Buffy glanced at the clock as she walked into the back of the restaurant. Faith was scheduled to be at work in five minutes.

“I am so going to beat her ass,” Buffy muttered under her breath. She strolled back out and stopped in her tracks when she saw him. Buffy smiled and started walking towards Spike when the most adorable kid in all history of children caught her attention.

“Buffy, this is my son Matthew, Mattie this is Buffy.”

Tbc…

Chapter Eight by SlayersGift
Second Chances Chapter Eight A/N: Thank you for your comments, they mean a lot. Things are just now starting to really get rolling. I hope you like.

Spike watched as Buffy held out her hand for Matthew to shake, but Mattie wouldn’t budge. He was clinging to Spike’s side attempting to hide his face in his father’s thigh. Spike winked at Buffy and picked up the young boy.

“Aren’t you going to say hi?” Spike asked his son.

Mattie shook his head no.

Buffy took in a deep breath, “It’s okay. You don’t have to say hi. I’ll just say hi to you, and pretend you said hi to me.”

Mattie looked at her and smiled a little then turned his head toward his father, “I’m thirsty.”

Buffy held her tray to her chest and tilted her head, “Well, I know what your father wants to drink. What would you like?”

“Juice.”

Buffy smiled, “Juice it is.” She turned and went to her station to get their beverages.

Once Buffy got there she closed her eyes realizing this was a lot harder than she was letting on. Before, it was just she and Spike, but now there was a kid involved. He would always be there, no matter what else happened in their relationship. And he may never like her, or accept her. Then it’s bye-bye Buffy. She started thinking that maybe everyone else, well her mother and Faith – maybe they were right. She had no business getting involved in something like this. Buffy was shaken out of her thoughts when her brunette friend walked through the door. Buffy lifted a brow and looked at her watch.

“Yeah, I know I’m late. Big whoop. It’s my day off.” Faith told her as she passed Buffy going through the double doors.

“Hi to you too,” Buffy said to no one in particular. She let out a breath and began making her way to the table.

Spike nodded to her when he saw Buffy approaching. She placed Matthews’s juice in front of him, and gave Spike his coffee.

“Anything else?” Buffy asked.

“Can I have chicken fingers and french fries?” Matthew continued staring at the menu.

“Sure. Of course,” Buffy said and glanced at Spike. “What about you?”

“Turkey club is fine with me. What time do you get off?” Spike asked.

“Oh, well I’m not sure seeing as people called in today. I’m scheduled to leave at five, so that means I’ll be out of here if I’m lucky at five-twenty.” Buffy shrugged. “Why?”

“I was going to ask …” Spike started.

“Hey, who’s the cutie?” Faith came up behind Buffy, looking over at Matthew.

“My son. His name is Matthew.” Spike told her.

Buffy introduced Faith to Matthew, but he was too shy to say anything. Faith called him a cutie again before she returned to work. Buffy walked away also, going to put their order in.

Spike and Buffy hadn’t had a chance to talk, so he never got the time to ask her to come over for dinner that night. He had taken Mattie home after they had lunch at the diner, spending the rest of the afternoon playing board games. Spike thought it couldn’t get any better than this. They were watching TV when the phone rang. Spike got up and went into the kitchen to answer it.

“Hello?”

“Hey, it’s me.” Buffy said, “I just got home.”

“Oh, that’s great. I was going to ask you to come over for dinner. You know, so you and Mattie could get used to each other.” Spike said while looking through the fridge.

“Don’t you think it’s too early? I mean, he’s been through a lot. I … don’t you think he’ll be pressured?” Buffy asked. She did think it was too early, but she was also scared. She was trying anything to put this off.

“I think right now is as good as time as any Buffy. If you’re going to be in my life, he has to get to know you, like you have to get to know him. So what will it be?” Spike didn’t think anything of it. He was sure that Matthew knew that he and Winifred were divorced. Spike had yet to tell him though that Buffy was his girlfriend, or that she would be staying at the house.

Buffy quietly spoke, “Spike, I’m scared. What if he doesn’t like me? What if he hates me? I mean, this is big. Huge. Big, huge and gigantic. What if … what if I’m not ready for this?”

“What are you saying?”

“Nothing, I … I’ll call a cab. I’ll be there soon, okay?” Buffy decided she was going to go through with this. She loved him and she would do anything to keep him in her life. Well, almost anything.

“Buffy, don’t come here unless you want to. I mean it. I’m asking you to do this because I do want you in my life. I wouldn’t just invite you over here to meet my son if I didn’t want you in my life.” He whispered into the phone.

“Are you done?” Buffy was already getting dressed. She sat on her bed, putting her shoes on.

“Yes.”

“Good, I’ll be over there soon …” Buffy started to say.

“We’ll come get you.” Spike finished.

“Oh, okay then. I’ll wait outside. I’d rather get to know Matthew first before my mother has a chance to. If you come up and knock then she’ll tell me to invite you for dinner. So not ready for that yet.” Buffy went into the bathroom and started putting on her makeup.

“Uh … Right then, I’ll be there in a bit.” Spike told her then hung up.

Buffy put the phone down and stared at herself in the mirror.

“What am I doing?” She asked herself. Buffy shrugged, applied her lipgloss then grabbed her purse going downstairs.

Spike had told Matthew that they were going to get his friend from the diner, and that she would be coming over to eat dinner with them. Mattie told him ‘okay’ not really showing any interest. Aside from playing board and video games, Matthew really didn’t talk much. Spike guessed he was still getting used to what was going on. Maybe Spike was rushing this meeting with Buffy. Maybe he should have waited a little longer. Too late for that, seeing as he pulled up in her driveway and she was walking towards his car.

Spike put the car in park, got out and went to the other side opening the door. Matthew got out and climbed in the backseat putting his safety belt on. Spike gave a shy smile and Buffy got in the car. Spike closed the door, took a deep breath and got back in the driver’s seat. On the way back to Spike’s house Matthew noticed them stealing glances at each other. Matthew just turned his head and looked out the window.

Once they got back to the house, Matthew sat on the couch and turned on the TV. Buffy followed Spike into the kitchen, hopping on the counter to watch him get dinner started.

Spike got out potatoes and started washing them. Buffy opened up the drawer getting out his potato peeler and handing it to him. Spike said a mere ‘thanks’ and got on the task. Buffy just sat there watching him, scared to death to go out into the living room. She decided to wait until dinner, when she knew that Spike would be there for her. Her insides were all mushy and she shook her head at the thought of being intimidated by a seven year old.

Buffy set the table while Spike put the food onto it. He went into the living room and told Mattie that dinner was ready. Man and child returned to the dining room and took their seats. Buffy was already sitting and waiting.

Spike had no idea what to say. He came to the realization that he really didn’t know his son at all. Made it kind of hard for conversation, so he just opted with the first thing that came into his head.

“So, Matthew, Do you like Sunnydale?” Spike asked with a bite of his chicken.

Matthew looked up from his plate at his father and shrugged. “I guess.”

Buffy continued to eat quietly.

Spike continued, “Tomorrow, I’m going to get you enrolled in school. First thing. You could probably even start in the morning.”

“Fine.” Was all he got as a response.

Spike glanced at Buffy, lifted his brow and went back to his food. This was a lot harder than he thought.

Later that night after Matthew was asleep, Buffy and Spike sat on the back porch, talking. After dinner, Matthew had watched a bit of TV then took a bath. Spike had talked to him a bit more then Mattie went to bed.

“So, I guess you have to stay the night, love. He’s in bed so I can’t leave.” Spike grinned at her. He had wanted her to stay anyway. He missed her terribly.

“I’ll call a cab. It’s no biggie.” Buffy said flatly.

“Okay, how about, I want you to stay and I’ll take you to work in the morning.” Spike tried.

“I don’t have my uniform.”

“I’ll take you by your house.”

Buffy sighed, “Do you think that’s a good idea? I mean really?”

“Buffy, I think he knows you’re my girlfriend. It’s okay.”

She didn’t say anything.

“I could just take you home before I take him to school, and then drop you off at work.” Spike said then lit up a cigarette. “It’ll work, just stay with me tonight?”

“I told my mom everything, she knows about us, Winifred, and your son.” Buffy kicked off her shoes and put her feet in Spike’s lap.

“What’d she say?”

“That I should get out of this relationship.”

“And, what did you tell her?”

“Well, obviously no,” she pauses,“Spike, what do you want me to be? Just your girlfriend? A mother? What?”

Spike started playing with her toes and took a drag of his cigarette, “Let’s just work on the girlfriend bit, that’ll work.”

“Spike, stop … that tickles and what do you mean by that’ll work?”

Spike continued despite her telling him to stop, “I mean you’re my girlfriend and right now I’m not asking you to be a mother or a babysitter or whatever else besides my girlfriend, okay?”

“Fine.”

“Now are you staying here or what?” Spike crushed out his cigarette in the ashtray, pushed her feet off of him and stood up.

“I guess.”

“You guess? Well sound enthusiastic why don’t you? Come on …” He picked her up and carried her inside making sure to lock up.

“Spike, you could put me down you know,” She laughed. As the last light went out he made his way to the bedroom. He dropped her on the bed, “There, now you’re down.” He winked and pulled off his shirt. She got up and took off her pants then got back on the bed. Buffy rolled on her stomach away from him and lay her head on the pillow. Spike shut his door and came back taking a seat beside her on the bed. He gently rubbed her back making her moan.

“Rub my shoulders for me.”

“Well, sit up then and I will.” Spike said and moved to sit against the headboard. Buffy sat up and crawled to him. He spread his legs apart and she sat between them, leaning back against him. Spike leaned forward and kissed her neck, then placed his hands on her shoulders and began kneading them.

“Crap now I’m falling asleep …” Buffy leaned her head back against his chest and he stopped his movements. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her in place.

“If I asked you to move in what would you say?” Spike whispered against her hair.

“I’d say give it time, it’s still too early.” She sighed and closed her eyes.

“Okay, are you really going to sleep?”

“Hmm?”

“Guess that would be a yes.” Spike nudged her.

She whined then moved to the other side of the bed. Spike lay down beside her after turning off the light, wrapping an arm around her. He placed his hand on her tummy, his fingers dipping below the waistband of her panties as if keeping her in place.

“Good night Buffy.”

“Mmm hmm,” Then all he heard was soft snoring.

Spike smiled and then also fell asleep.

 

TBC

Chapter Nine by SlayersGift
Chapter Nine

Buffy awoke to Spike kissing her neck and working his hand down her body. She let out a happy sigh and leaned back against him.

“Ah, kittens up isn’t she?” Spike whispered against her hair. She wiggled against him and felt that he was naked. He was currently sliding her panties down her legs. She kicked them off and moved to roll on her back.

“Morning.”

Spike rolled atop her and glanced at the clock, “Well yes, but we’re not supposed to get up for another two hours.”

“Oh, so you’re looking for some nookie?” She asked as she wrapped her legs around him.

He kissed her while placing his cock at her entrance and gently pushed in, “Something like that …” He kissed her again and she wrapped her arms around him.

She broke apart from him and moaned, “That’s okay … nookie me up.”

~~~~~~~~~

“What do you want for breakfast? We have eggs, bacon and your classic cereal.”

“I guess cereal,” Matthew muttered then yawned.

Spike fixed him a bowl of cereal and placed it in front of his son. “I’m going to go finish getting ready then we’ll go, okay?”

“Okay.”

Spike walked back into his room and saw Buffy still in bed.

“Hey I thought I told you to get up, and yet here you are still in bed.” Spike said as he went to his closet.

Buffy whined then rolled over, “Just a little bit longer.” She put the pillow over her head.

“Get your ass up, we have to go soon. Don’t make me come over there …” He warned.

“And what are you going to do?” She challenged.

Spike pulled his shirt on and reached for his tie. “You’ll just have to find out.”

Buffy didn’t say anything. She continued to lie there. She jumped though went she felt the slap on her ass.

“What the hell?!” Buffy sat up and rested her eyes on a grinning Spike.

“I told you to get up, next time it will be water.” He pulled her to her feet, kissed her, then gave her a shove to the bathroom.

“I’m so going to get you back,” Buffy said then shut the bathroom door to do her morning routine.

Spike shook his head and sighed. He looked in the mirror and knotted his tie, “Taking care of two bloody kids, I swear.”

~~~~~

Spike drove Buffy to her house, and he and Matthew waited in the car while Buffy put on her uniform. She finally came out and Spike drove her to work. Before Buffy got out of the car at the diner, Spike pulled her close and gave her a peck on the lips.

“Call me when you get off, okay?”

“Yeah, I will.” Buffy turned in her seat and smiled at Matthew, “See you later; I hope you have fun at school.”

Matthew smiled and said thank you.

After Matthew got in the front seat and put on his seat belt, Spike pulled out and headed toward the school.

“Is she going to live with us?” Matthew asked out of the blue.

Spike didn’t say anything for a few beats, “Why do you ask that?”

“I was just wondering if she was going to be my mother, that’s all.”

Spike took a deep breath and tried to explain. “Buffy is my friend. A very good friend and she will be staying with us on occasion. I’m not sure about the moving in bit, but … How do you feel about her?”

“She seems nice … I guess.”

Spike smiled, “You guess?”

“I miss my mom.” Matthew looked at Spike, “Do you miss mommy?”

“Oh, well, of course I do.” Spike kept his eyes on the road.

“Then why did you let us leave? Why did mommy take me away?”

Oh, because I was a drunk and an asshole to Fred …

“Well, because I was sick and your mother wanted me to get better.” Spike said.

The boy frowned, “Well you’re not sick now. Why didn’t you come back?”

Spike wasn’t sure how to answer that question. He didn’t want to badmouth Fred, but he didn’t know how to answer him without badmouthing her.

“Your mother wanted to …,” Spike sighed. “She thought it was best if it was just you and her because I was sick, but yes I’m better now and I’m going to take care of you.”

“Do you still love me?”

“I never stopped.” Spike told him.

~~~~~

Spike took Matthew to school and got him signed up for classes. He let his son know that he would be there to pick him up when school was over because Matthew didn’t know what schoolbus to take home. Buffy had said that she would call when her shift ended at the diner, but he decided to go visit her anyway.

He walked into the diner and sat down in his regular booth. He looked around hoping to see Buffy but he didn’t. He figured she was in the back of the restaurant. Spike saw Faith though when she grabbed her tray and started walking toward the table.

“Hey.” Faith greeted him, “You want the usual?”

“Sure, where’s Buffy?” Spike asked as he gave the menu back to Faith.

“On break, she should be coming back soon.” Faith took the menu and headed back to put his order in.

Spike sat there wondering where she was. He just figured she finally got tired of the food at the restaurant and decided to go somewhere else. Then he looked at his watch. It was too early for her to go on break.

Faith came back and placed his coffee on the table and began to walk away.

“Faith, can I ask you something?” Spike asked.

“Shoot.”

“Where is she?”

“On break like I just told you. Getting hard of hearing?” Faith smirked, “Nah, I’m just playing with you. She had some sort of doctor’s appointment.”

He didn’t say anything.

Faith continued, “I would think you would know considering how snug you two have become.”

“No, I didn’t know.”

The bell on the counter rang indicating that his food was ready; Faith went and got it for him.

“Anything else?” Faith asked.

“No, I’m fine.”

Faith nodded and left the table.

Spike didn’t think anything else of the doctor’s appointment and began eating his breakfast.

TBC

Chapter Ten by SlayersGift
Chapter 10.

Again, Thank you for all of your comments. Thank you Sun for the beta’ing and suggestion. Love you hon.

*****

Buffy headed home around five. She didn’t want to be pregnant, yet she still was upset that she wasn’t. She went to the doctor to be put on birth control, but knew that they would give her a pregnancy test. When the doctor came into the room and told her that she wasn’t pregnant, she got upset. She thought she would be fine with it but when she heard the news she got bummed out.

Buffy walked through the front door and hung up her jacket. She just wanted to go upstairs and sleep.

“Buffy?” Joyce asked from the other room, “Is that you?”

“Who else would it be Mom?” Buffy sighed and walked into the family room. “What’s up?”

“Oh, nothing. I was just wondering if you were staying home tonight. Maybe we could have a nice family dinner.” Joyce suggested. “Maybe you could invite William and his son over as well. I would like to meet them.”

“I don’t know, maybe another time.” Buffy began to walk away.

“Are you alright?” Joyce was concerned. Buffy didn’t look happy.

“I’m fine.”

Joyce nodded then stood up and walked to Buffy. “Good.” Joyce hugged her, “Call William and invite him over. I’m cooking lasagna. Kids love that stuff.” Joyce smiled.

“Mom, not tonight.”

“Why not? I’m sorry, but you’re spending a lot of time over there and I would like to meet the person that is stealing my daughter away.” Joyce said with a hint of a smile.

“Fine, I’ll call.” Buffy pulled away, “Happy?”

“Very. I’ll get right on that lasagna dinner.” Joyce gave her a kiss on the cheek and went to the kitchen to get dinner ready.

“Your boyfriend’s coming over?” Buffy heard from behind her.

“Shut up.” Buffy walked past Dawn and headed upstairs.

Dawn followed her, “Is he cute?”

“Shut up!” Buffy slammed the door in Dawn’s face and grabbed the phone to call Spike.

He picked up the phone on the first ring, “Hello cutie.”

“How did you know it was me?” Buffy asked.

“Oh. Who is this?”

“Spike!”

“Just kidding; have caller id. Want me to come and get you?”

“Well my mom came up with the bright idea of you and Matthew coming over for dinner. Just say no, I’ll tell her and …”

“Ok. We’ll be over there soon.” Spike interrupted her rambling.

“What?” Buffy said surprised, “You really want to?”

“Sure, why not? I was just about to order take out dinner anyway. Good thing you called.”

“Are you sure?” Buffy asked again. “You don’t have to.”

“If you don’t want us coming over there Buffy, just tell me.”

“No, it’s not like that. Of course I want you to come over.”

“Fine, we’ll be over soon.”

“Fine.”

They hung up.

“Great.” Buffy muttered and instead of her night of sleep, she grabbed her robe and went to the bathroom to take a shower.

*****

“Change of plans; we’re going to Buffy’s.” Spike said as he grabbed Matthew’s shoes and dropped them in front of him.

“Do we have to?” Matthew asked.

“Well,” Spike sat next to his son, “It would be a bit rude if we didn’t go over there. Buffy’s mum asked us over for dinner and Buffy has told me she has a younger sister around your age. You’ll get along fine.”

Matthew pouted and put on his shoes.

“It’ll be okay, I’ll be right there with you.” Spike told him.

“Okay.”

*****

Spike knew something was up. He had finally put two and two together on why she was going to the doctor and then her attitude on the phone. She was pregnant. He was upset at first with her and then himself. How could he be so dense? He knew he should have used a condom with her, with anyone if that were the case. Spike had told her that he didn’t want anymore children but yet he was careless. Now he was going to meet her mother.

He loved Buffy, even though he hadn’t said anything to her. He didn’t want to scare her, but now with her being pregnant she needed to hear it. She needed to hear that he would be there for her through anything. Even this.

*****

There was a knock at the door.

“I’ll get it!” Dawn yelled and ran for the door. Buffy was still upstairs and Joyce was in the kitchen. Dawn opened the door.

“Hi.” Dawn smiled.

“Hey …” Spike said looking at the younger girl. The hand he had rested on Matthew’s shoulder squeezed and Matthew looked at the girl.

“Hi.”

“Come in!” Dawn said enthusiastically.

They walked inside and Matthew stayed at Spike’s side. Spike looked around the house, getting a feel for it.

“Would you like something to drink? We have water, soda, kool-aid, juice …” Dawn trailed off with a list of beverages.

“Uh, well,” Spike looked down at Matthew, “What would you like?”

“Kool-aid.” Matthew looked at Dawn, “Please.”

“Okay, he’ll have kool-aid and I’ll have soda. Thanks.”

“No problemo.” Dawn smiled and made her way back to the kitchen.

“Hey you.” Buffy greeted him as she walked downstairs. She smiled down at Matthew and squatted down to be at eye level, “Hi Matthew.”

“Hi.” He said.

Buffy straightened up, “You guys wanna sit?” She nodded to the couch.

“Sure.”

The three of them sat down.

Joyce then came out of the kitchen with Dawn holding a glass for Matthew. She smiled, “Okay who had kool-aid?”

“That would be him,” Spike said and patted Matthew’s leg. Spike took his glass from Dawn and said thank you. Matthew reached for his glass from Joyce, “Thank you.”

“Oh, you’re so very welcome,” Joyce replied then sat in the recliner next to them and pulled Dawn in her lap. “I’m Joyce and this is Dawn, it’s nice to finally meet you.”

“You too, I’m Will, but you can call me Spike and this is my son- Matthew.” Spike smiled.

Buffy just sat there watching them.

“So? How did you two meet?” Joyce asked.

Spike looked at Buffy wondering if she wanted to explain this or if she already had. Buffy just shrugged so Spike went ahead and told her. “I come into the diner most mornings and one day Buffy sat down and we started talking. That’s how we met.” Spike smiled. “Pretty simple, eh?”

“I’d say so.” The ‘ding’ of the timer sounded and Joyce gently stood Dawn up. “Sounds like dinners ready.” She went back to the kitchen, “Dawn, set the table!” Joyce said over her shoulder. Dawn rolled her eyes but did it anyway.

*****

Dinner had gone by well or as well as it was to be expected. Joyce and Spike had conversed about topics such as art all the way to the Wheel of Fortune. Dawn kept on making comments to Matthew, trying to talk to him. He opened up towards the end of dinner and was now upstairs in Dawn’s room. Joyce and Buffy finished cleaning the kitchen and now Buffy was on the backporch with Spike while he smoked his cigarette.

“Things went smoothly tonight.” Buffy said.

“Yeah, they did. Are you okay?” Spike had hoped that she would at least say something about the doctor’s appointment.

“Fine.” She shrugged and starting playing with a loose string on her shirt.

“Buffy, are you sure? You can tell me.”

“Tell you what? I’m fine, just a little tired.”

Spike sat down with her on the steps and put an arm around her, “What I said before, about me not wanting children …”

Buffy leaned back and looked at him, “What are you talking about?”

“I’m just telling you, whatever is on your mind … you can tell me.” Spike pulled her close and kissed the top of her head, “I do love you.”

Buffy stiffened in his arms, and then slowly looked up at him, “You do?”

“Yes, I do … You don’t have to say …”

“Good, cause I love you too.” Buffy rested her head on his shoulder.

“Will you tell me what’s going on? I know about the appointment.” Spike said as played with her hair.

“My … what? How’d you know?”

“Faith.”

“Oh.”

“We’ll deal with it. I mean, no matter what, we’ll get through it. I’ll be there for you.”

“Um … okay. Thank you.” Buffy said.

“Thank you?” Spike lifted her chin so he could look at her face and kissed her, “I know maybe it’s not the right time, but I am looking forward to you,” he grinned, “having my baby.”

“What?” Buffy sat up and looked at him, “I’m what?”

“Well, you’re pregnant. I’m just telling you …”

“Spike, I’m not pregnant.” Buffy continued, “Is that what you thought?”

“Well … yeah. You’re not pregnant?” Spike tilted his head and looked at her.

“No, I’m not. I went to the doctor to get birth control and they gave me a test.”

Spike took out another cigarette and lit it. Obviously he had made a mistake.

“Don’t tell me you’re disappointed.” Buffy sighed and looked at him, “Are you?”

“No, I mean, I don’t know. I thought you were. I’m sorry.” He said then took a drag of his cigarette.

“You do want kids?” Buffy asked.

“I don’t know.”

“Well, you seemed okay with it about five seconds ago.” Buffy told him as she looked at him.

“Well, that’s when I thought you were.”

“What about what you also said?”

“Said what?”

“Nothing.” Buffy sighed. She then got up and turned to go inside.

“Buffy, wait.” Spike crushed out his cigarette and grabbed her arm, “What are you talking about?”

“When you just … Spike you just told me you loved me. Was that just because you thought I was pregnant?” Buffy took her arm away from him and crossed it with her other arm.

“No … I said it because I meant it.” He tried to hold her hand but she pulled it away again.

“Right then and there of all times?”

“Well … yeah.”

“Whatever.”

“Whatever?” Spike tilted his head and looked at her.

“Yeah, whatever.” She exhaled and turned her head back to the house then back at him, “It’s getting late. You should go ahead and go, Matthew has school tomorrow.”

“You coming with?” He took her hand again and she let him, “I’ll take you to work tomorrow.”

“I don’t know.” Buffy pouted. She was still upset at the fact that Spike only said he loved her because he thought she was pregnant.

“I’ll rub your feet and try not to tickle you.” Spike bent his knees to be at her level and kissed her. “Please?”

“You’ll be rubbing more than that.” Buffy grinned and headed back inside.

“I like that plan much better.” Spike said following her.

TBC

Chapter 11 by SlayersGift
Buffy went upstairs, leaving Spike downstairs while she went to pack a bag. She heard laughing coming from her sister’s room and decided to go check it out. Buffy leaned against the doorframe of Dawn’s room and watched what was going on in front of her. Dawn had apparently gotten out every single board game she owned, and from the look of the room they had played every single game. Dawn spun the arrow on the wheel and glanced up at Buffy.

“I like playing with him; he doesn’t cheat like you do.” Dawn pouted then smiled when she got the number she wanted and moved her car that amount of paces.

“I don’t cheat; I can’t help if I’m just better than you.” Buffy gave her sister a teasing look then turned to Matthew before going back to her room, “We’re about to leave, I’m just packing up a bag and we’re going.”

“I don’t want to go,” Matthew began to say but Buffy had already left the room. He looked at Dawn, “I like it here.”

“Eh, you say that now. If you lived here, you’d be trying to leave out the window. Go on, it’s your turn.”

*****

The ride home was silent but comfortable. Spike looked through the rearview mirror and saw that Matthew had already fallen asleep. He smiled then grasped Buffy’s hand in his. He saw from the corner of his eye her looking at him then smiling. She rested her head back on the headrest and watched as the world went by out the window of the Desoto.

Spike woke Matthew up by telling him that they were home. The young boy yawned and followed Buffy and his father inside. He said a muffled goodnight then went to his room. Spike followed him and made sure that he was tucked in properly.

Buffy made her way to the kitchen and fixed herself a glass of iced tea. She glanced out on the back porch, looking at the pool. She heard Spike coming from the hallway and already knew that he would be going out there to have his cigarette. She followed him out, keeping the door open a crack just in case Matthew woke up. Spike dragged the small table that was pushed up against the wall with him to the lounger that was next to the pool. Spike then lay on it, lighting his cigarette, crooking a finger for Buffy to join him. Buffy began pulling up a chair, but Spike stopped her by shaking his head.

“Here.” He patted his lap and rested the cigarette in the ashtray. Buffy moved towards him kicking off her sandals in the process.

“You should take off your boots, at least get more comfortable.” Buffy went ahead and took them off for him before straddling his body with hers.

“Tonight was a good night,” Buffy started, “I mean Dawn and Mattie got along well.” Buffy rested her hands on his chest then began to run her fingertips downwards. Spike picked up his cigarette again, taking a drag.

“Yeah, they did.” Spike responded. He didn’t take his eyes off of her. The look on her face told him that she felt him responding to her fingers. It didn’t take much for him to get aroused. Especially around her. Sometimes a look alone would do it.

Buffy began to move down his body. Lifting his shirt up, she began softly kissing his stomach, moving her way up his body now. He groaned, flexing his abs under her touch and she glanced up at him. He put out his cigarette in the ashtray, lifting his hips a little. Buffy smiled then kissed him, snaking her hand between them to unbuckle his pants. Spike pulled away from her, pushed on her shoulders to tell her to move down. Once she did, he unbuckled them himself and Buffy pulled her shirt off.

Buffy blushed as she realized they were in the backyard, “Good thing there’s a brick wall.” She helped him pull his jeans off, and then unbuttoned her pants, taking them off. Spike reached over, swinging his legs to the side of the lounge chair and kissed her stomach. She smiled down at him and he met her gaze. He started pulling her panties down and Buffy’s breath caught; his eyes were still on her. She stepped out of them and he ran his hands up her legs to the center of her, rubbing her.

“So wet already.” He stated.

Buffy moaned and said something unintelligible.

“What was that kitten?” Spike began giving her kisses from her belly button to the crevice of her thighs. “Lift your leg up,” he told her, then he flicked his tongue over her erect clit and she almost stumbled. He pulled away just enough to place her leg beside him, and then he grabbed onto her hips and feasted on her womanhood. Buffy held onto his hair, gripping it for fear that she would fall. He nipped at her sensitive skin lightly then dove his tongue into her slick channel.

“Oh … oh, Spike.” She bucked against him and he wrapped one arm around her thigh as he gripped her ass with the other. She threw her head back and opened her eyes. Looking at the sky, her mouth opened to its own accord and she stared, looking dazed. Finally she was brought back to reality by the feeling of a long finger being pushed inside her.

“Spike, please, baby … I … I need you now!” She couldn’t take it anymore. Looking down at him, his eyes meeting hers as he laved at her, she almost came right then and there. Then he shook his head no and she screamed. He gripped her ass tighter as if telling her to keep it down. “No, Spike, please.” Finally with one last suck on her clit and stroke of his finger, he pulled away from her. She stumbled and he held onto her. He lay back on the chair, pulling her down with him. She immediately attacked his lips with her own. Spike rubbed her back, lazily sliding his fingertips against her.

Buffy pushed herself up with her hands on his chest. Spike’s hands moving to the curve of her ass and lifted herself up, only to sink down on him. They both moaned at the contact, looking into each other’s eyes. She didn’t waste any time and began moving on him. His eyes that were looking into her own moved down her body. He brought one hand that was on her ass to her breast and squeezed the mound softly. Continuing, he ran his hand down her body to rest, his eyes following his fingers. Her feet resting on the ground beneath her gave her more leverage to do her bidding as she pleased. She began riding him hard and fast, wanting desperately to find her peak. He watched as his cock would appear then disappear within her and he knew he was close. He moaned then sat up, hooking his arms under hers and gripping her shoulders.

“God, I love you so much, Buffy … gonna come.” Spike said between breaths. He bit down gently on a nipple, and then sucked hard. She gasped and held onto the back of his head that was moving with her movements.

“Love you, love you. Oh my fucking God … Spike, I’m … Oh God.” She came hard, fluttering around his cock.

“Buffy, get off.” Spike groaned. “Now, now baby, now.” Spike let go of her shoulders.

“What … what? Spike, Oh God.” Buffy moaned, moving slower.

“Buffy, now … no … condom, now!”

“Oh, Oh fuck …” Buffy pulled herself off of him, sitting herself on his thighs. Her tiny hands gripped his dick, pumping him at a rapid pace. She looked in his eyes, seeing he was straining and mouthed ‘I love you,’ then wrapped her lips around his cock. He came then, him spending himself into her mouth. She greedily lapped up his seed, giving his cock a kiss she moved up his body and rested her head on his chest. He was breathing hard and she could feel them both covered in sweat, but she didn’t mind. His arms wrapped around her, both of their bodies coming down from their high.

Half an hour later, they found themselves heading towards the bedroom. Buffy went into the bathroom to brush her teeth and to clean off a bit. Spike opened the door to Mattie’s room and smiled. He was peaceful and fast asleep. He closed the door and went to their room, lying down. If she thought she was going to bed, she had another thing coming. He lit another cigarette and lay on his back looking at the ceiling, watching the fan blades circling above. Ten minutes went by and he was still wondering what she was doing. He ground out his cigarette in the ashtray and started to get up when she walked in.

“I thought you got lost.” Spike grinned then lay back on the bed.

“I’d always find my way to you,” she said and put two glasses of iced tea on the nightstand. “Thought you’d want something to drink.”

“Thanks.” He took a sip, “God woman, how much sugar did you put in this?”

Buffy just giggled, “I like it that way, all nice and … sugary.” She crawled on the bed towards him and rested her head on his chest.

“Yeah, well, make sure Mattie doesn’t drink this, he’s sure to get a cavity.” Spike kissed the top of her head.

“Will do, daddy.”

Spike played with the hem of her shirt, “Come on now, off with this.” Then he smacked her ass, “Off with these jammie bottoms too.”

Buffy snickered, sat up facing him and she pulled off her top. She saw the look in his eye and two seconds later she was held down while he made love to her breasts with his mouth. Buffy held onto the back of his head, playing with his hair. She could feel his cock rubbing into her jammie clad thigh. He ran his hand down her body, fidgeting with the waistband of the pants, he began pulling them down.

“Mommy!” Matthew screamed.

Spike lifted his head and turned towards the door, waiting.

Sobs.

“Shit, something happened.” Spike jumped off of Buffy and grabbed his pants pulling them on. Buffy sat up and pulled her shirt on following him.

TBC

This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=1950