Moms Have Needs Too by gotkona
Summary: When Buffy's 19 year old daughter, Dawn, brings home her older boyfriend , Professor Will Atherton,sparks fly between Will and Buffy.
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations, Spike/Other
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 23 Completed: Yes Word count: 28716 Read: 35870 Published: 06/09/2006 Updated: 07/10/2006

1. chapter 1 by gotkona

2. Chapter 2 by gotkona

3. chapter 3 by gotkona

4. chapter 4 by gotkona

5. chapter 5 by gotkona

6. chapter 6 by gotkona

7. chapter 7 by gotkona

8. chapter 8 by gotkona

9. chapter 9 by gotkona

10. chapter 10 by gotkona

11. chapter 11 by gotkona

12. chapter 12 by gotkona

13. chapter 13 by gotkona

14. chapter 14 by gotkona

15. chapter 15 by gotkona

16. chapter 16 by gotkona

17. chapter 17 by gotkona

18. chapter 18 by gotkona

19. chapter 19 by gotkona

20. chapter 20 by gotkona

21. chapter 21 by gotkona

22. chapter 22 by gotkona

23. chapter 23 by gotkona

chapter 1 by gotkona
Author's Notes:
There is Spike/other but nothing graphic. I own nothing and Joss is god. This starts out pretty PG but eventually will get to NC17. Have patience.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter One

Buffy Summers-Finn was finishing up the last of her morning coffee and reading the paper when the phone rang. She picked up the receiver and said, “Summers-Finn Residence."

"Hey, Mom, it's Dawn. Whatcha doin'?"

“Having my morning coffee. What's up, sweetie? How’s college life this semester?"

"Well, it's great. I was wondering if I can come by for dinner next week and bring a guest."

"Sure, honey. Is it your new roomie? I can't wait to meet some of the girls that live in your sorority. You know I always wanted to live in a sorority when I started college, but then I met your dad and we had you right away, so I never got to do that. I guess I am living through you vicariously."

"No, Mom, it's my boyfriend. I think it is time I bring him home to meet you. We have been dating for three months now, and I have avoided bringing him home ‘cause I was afraid of what you would say."

"He isn't a mass murderer, is he?” Buffy said with a chuckle. “Dawn, you should never be afraid to tell me anything. You know, I may be your mom, but I am still a pretty with it 39 year old woman. What has you so nervous?"

"Well, he is 21 years older than me and was my English Lit professor at UC-Sunnydale my first semester. That’s why I have been all avoidy with you lately - I was afraid you'd yell at me. You may be a young mom, but you still can scare me with those ‘I’m disappointed in you’ eyes."

"Oh, Dawnie, I wouldn't yell at you. I am not gonna say I am pleased that you are dating someone your father's age, but I am willing to not pass judgment until we meet. I honestly hope this is not someone who you are trying to replace your father with. I know it was hard losing him when you were ten, but I thought I did a good job of having a male father figure around like Uncle Xander. He did all the father-daughter things with you in school, and he is a pretty good guy, though he can be a goof ball at times."

"No, Mom, you did a great job. Xander was… is great and I love him dearly. I started dating William ‘cause he asked me out and we just kind of clicked. He’s so smart and he has done so many interesting things. Plus, he’s from England and has this sexy British accent. He waited until I had finished his class before asking me out so as to not cause any problems, and we have been dating ever since. I think you will like him."

"Okay, Dawn. How is next Wednesday night for dinner? I will even pick up something from Food on the Go so he doesn't have to eat my cooking. Wouldn’t want to scare him away with one of my meals."

"Mom, that will be great. He doesn't teach on Wednesday Nights, so it's perfect. I will come by first so we can have some mother-daughter bonding time, and I can fill you in on my new living accommodations. See you then."

Buffy hung up the phone and rubbed her temples. She was a little concerned over the age difference between Dawn and this William, but she was open-minded enough to wait and see how they acted around each other.

It had been hard the last ten years since Riley had been killed in an undercover assignment for the FBI. At least they had a fund that covered the children of downed agents, and Dawn did not want for anything. It had taken Buffy a few years to get her feet off the ground when she had opened The Gallery, but now it was a thriving business. She had decided to open it when her mom had passed away and left her money. Her mom had always wanted to open an art gallery but was too ill to do it. Buffy opened The Gallery and dedicated it to the memory of her mom.

She was also fortunate to be surrounded by good friends that helped with the raising of Dawn. Xander Harris had been a friend since high school, and even when he and Faith had their own children, he was still attentive to Dawn. Dawn loved the Harris' and even babysat for their kids when she was in high school. They didn’t see much of the Harris family since they moved out of Sunnydale but kept in touch by email or phone. Willow Rosenberg was her best friend since junior high and she and her partner Tara McClay had stuck by Buffy through the opening of her gallery. Tara even worked for Buffy at The Gallery and had an excellent eye for art and new artists. She had met Anya Jenkins during her senior year of high school, and they became life-long friends even though she was quite peculiar. Anya was the owner of a shop called the Sex Box on Main Street. She sold everything from lingerie to how-to books to sex toys, and she loved it. Hers was a successful business, and it was right across from The Gallery, so Buffy saw her daily.

She had dated a few men and had two semi-serious relationships in the last nine years, but she never felt comfortable enough with either man to really open herself up to loving another man again. Dawn had been her first priority, and now that she was off to college, Buffy knew she had to put her own life first. It was time to think of herself for once. This was the year of Buffy Summers-Finn.

Her first thought was to get a haircut and put some highlights in her hair. Maybe she could get an appointment for a massage, facial, manicure, and pedicure, too. She’d call her favorite day spa and see if they could schedule her in the next few days. This was going to be about her for once, and she was looking forward to it. Plus she’d look nice when she met Dawn’s new boyfriend.

A/N: Thanks to my beta, Allison, who came up with the title and has been a huge help. This will start out PG and progress to NC17 eventually. Please review and let me know what you think.
Chapter 2 by gotkona
Author's Notes:
Thank you to all that have reviewed. It means a lot to me. Also big thanks to my beta, Allison.
Chapter 2

Over the next week, Buffy had her spa appointments and got her hair restyled and highlighted. She looked rested and happy as she walked down the street to Food On The Go to order her dinner for Wednesday night with Dawn and her boyfriend. Several men did double takes as she passed them. It wasn’t that she was motherly looking before, but now with the new ‘do and treatments, she didn’t look 39 years old but more like 29. There was a spring in her step that wasn’t there before. This was the new Buffy Summers-Finn walking down the street, and she liked it.

After ordering the meal and agreeing on a delivery time, she decided to pop into The Gallery and see what Tara thought. “Hey, Tara, what do you think? Do I look like a mom of a college student or a swinging single woman in her 30s?”

“Wow, Buffy, you look amazing. The highlights in your hair bring out the color of your eyes. You look so rested, too. I am so glad you are finally taking care of yourself,” Tara said with a big smile.

“Thanks. Did I really look that bad before?”

“No, you looked great, but now you look wonderful. And if I wasn’t in a stable relationship with Willow, I might even have made a pass at you,” Tara said with a glint in her eye.

“Okay, I love you and Willow, but I’m not that adventurous. I think I’m willing to give the male population another try. I feel like I have more confidence now, too. Funny what a new haircut and a massage can do for you. I think I’ll go across the street and see what Anya thinks. Anything I need to know about the shop here today?”

“No, things have been quiet. We need to get some new artists to display their works. I might take a trip to LA with Willow and check out some of the new art venues and see what is out there if that is ok with you.”

“Sure, that would be great. I’m gonna see Anya and then head on home. I want to straighten up the house a bit for Dawn, and since I took today off, I need to work a bit tomorrow here at The Gallery. See you later.”

“Bye, and say hi to Anya for me,” Tara said as she went back to dusting some of the sculptures.

Buffy crossed the street and opened the door to the Sex Box. Anya was busy demonstrating the correct way to wear a strap-on dildo to a very embarrassed couple. Buffy just smiled to herself. That was Anya, not afraid to do or say anything. She really wished she had a bit of that inside of herself.

After all that, Anya got the sale - they probably wanted to get out of there fast, so they just paid for it. She noticed Buffy browsing the how-to books. “Hey, Buffy, you look great. That spa treatment did you good, and I love the hair. I think it will get you more guys wanting to give you orgasms than your other look.”

“Oh, Anya, you crack me up. How about I meet some guys first and get to know them before they give me orgasms? It would sure be nice to meet someone that I could have an intelligent conversation with and who enjoys artwork like I do. I know there is someone out there for me - I just have to find him.”

“But in the meantime, can I interest you in Mr. Big? He will help with the orgasms until you meet a real man. And he comes in several different colors, depending on your mood,” Anya said as she fingered a giant-sized dildo.

“Ah, I think I will pass at this time, Anya, but I will keep that in mind if I don’t meet someone in the near future,” Buffy said with a hint of embarrassment. She was not that desperate that she was going to resort to artificially-made orgasms. “I think I better get going and get with the house cleaning. I just wanted to show you the new me and see what you thought.”

“I love it, and I think we should go out and celebrate soon. Maybe we can go to that new bar/dance place The Bronze. I hear it is quite the pick-up place and where all the best-looking people hang out,” Anya suggested as she put Mr. Big in his proper display.

“Okay, Anya. I will be in touch about that. Talk to you soon,” Buffy replied as she walked out of the Sex Box and to her car.

***********************************************************************
Wednesday arrived, and it was a busy day at The Gallery. They had gotten a new shipment of prints, and Buffy and Tara spent the morning deciding where they should be displayed. At three o’clock, Buffy told Tara she was going to head home since Dawn was coming over early to catch up on things.

Dawn came in the door and exclaimed, “Mom, you look fantastic! Am I going to have to be jealous of you and the looks you are going to get as we walk down the street together? We look like we can be sisters, not mother and daughter.”

“Did I look that bad before? Everyone keeps telling me how great I look now. I must have looked horrible before.”

“No, before you looked like a mom. Now you look like a hot chick who knows what she wants,” Dawn said proudly.

They sat down with two diet Cokes and did some catching up. Dawn told Buffy all about her classes and her professors. History seemed to be her favorite subject now with maybe a minor in anthropology. Dawn talked and talked about all the new things she had learned to the point that Buffy had to stifle a yawn a couple of times. When she started to talk about her sorority house and her housemates, Buffy perked up a bit. Buffy enjoyed hearing about the twenty girls sharing three bathrooms in the old house. She laughed when Dawn told her that there was a huge spider in the house that even the housemother wouldn’t kill. They had to call UC-Sunnydale security to come over and squash it.

Time flew by as mother and daughter caught up on each other’s lives that they were both amazed when the doorbell rang and it was Food on the Go with the dinner ready to be heated up. Buffy put the things in the oven, and Dawn set the dining room table with the dishes and silver.

Just as the clock chimed six o’clock, the doorbell rang.
--
chapter 3 by gotkona
Author's Notes:
Again thanks to all that have reviewed. I promise there will be minimal Dawn after this chapter. Special Thanks to Allison for being a great beta.
Chapter 3

Ding dong.

Dawn ran to the door and yelled, “I’ll get it.”

She pulled open the door to find her boyfriend Professor William Atherton standing there. He was a little less than six feet tall and had a slim but muscular body with a head full of platinum-colored hair. He was wearing black slacks, a royal blue henley shirt, and a long black leather duster and holding a bouquet of flowers and a bottle of white wine. Dawn threw her arms around him in a hug and said, “Wow, you didn’t have to get me flowers, Will.”

“Flowers aren’t for you, luv. They’re for your mum.”

“Trying to make a good impression?”

“Well, yeah. This is the first meeting of your mum and myself, so I wanted to impress her with my good manners,” Will said nervously.

Dawn pulled him into the living room and called out to her mom, “Mom, Will’s here. Come on out and meet him.”

Buffy walked out of the kitchen, carrying a tray of crackers and cheese. She hadn’t wanted to overdress for this meeting, so she was wearing a pair of low rider jeans and a red v-neck tee shirt that showed just a hint of cleavage, and she had her hair loose about her shoulders. “I’m coming, Dawn. You left me to finish the tray and…” Buffy’s words stuck in her throat as she set eyes on Will. She immediately felt some kind of internal connection as she gazed into his eyes but shook it off as nerves.

“Mom, I’d like you to meet my boyfriend, Professor William Atherton. Will, this is my mom, Buffy Summers-Finn.”

Will and Buffy extended their hands to shake and both received a shock. They simultaneously said, “Shock” and nervously laughed.

“These flowers are for you ,and the wine’s for dinner. I didn’t know what you were making, so I just brought some chardonnay,” Will said hesitantly.

“Thank you. I’m just going to put these in a vase and water. Can I open the wine and offer you a glass?”

“Yes, I’d love one,” said Will.

“Me too, Mom,” Dawn chimed in.

“Oh no, young lady. No alcohol until you’re 21. You know how I feel about that,” replied Buffy in a motherly fashion.

“Mom, come on. You know I drink alcohol at college,” whined Dawn.

“Yes, but my house, my rules.”

“I have to agree with your mum on that one, Dawn. You have to respect her rules when you’re at home,” Will commented in a gentle fashion. Why is Dawn all of sudden acting like a child? Must be ‘cause she’s back at home.

“Fine. Can you get me another diet Coke? I’m gonna show Will my old room and my cheerleading trophies real quick. We’ll be downstairs in a minute.” Dawn grabbed Will by the hand and pulled him up the stairs like a child wanting to show off something.

Buffy went into the kitchen and leaned against the island. Oh my. I haven’t felt this flush since I first met Riley in college. It must be nerves that are making my heart beat fast and my palms sweat. Or maybe it’s that hot guy that’s dating my daughter. Bad Buffy. Stop thinking that way. He’s Dawn’s boyfriend. Now be a good mother and get dinner on the table.

Buffy got the salad and lasagna on the table. She had already put the bread and other vegetables there before. She poured herself a glass of wine and one for Will and then got a diet Coke for Dawn. As she was walking back from the kitchen, Will and Dawn appeared.

Buffy handed Will his glass and Dawn her diet Coke. “Dinner’s ready - let’s sit down before it gets cold.”

Everyone sat down around the table, Buffy at the head with Will and Dawn across from each other. They each passed food to each other and were busy filling their dishes so no one was really talking. Buffy thought she should break the silence and decided she’d ask Will some questions about his job.

“So Will, Dawn tells me you are an English Lit professor. How long have you been teaching at UC-Sunnydale?”

“Well, I started at UC-Sunnydale about three years ago after I moved over to the States from England. I wanted a change, so I applied for a worker’s visa and got it. I really love this area. It’s so sunny unlike jolly ol’ England where I’m from. I teach several levels of English literature, and I also teach English 1A/B and a beginnin’ art appreciation class.”

“Art appreciation? Did Dawn tell you I own The Gallery in town? Maybe you can teach her something about art. She doesn’t understand what is so interesting about it,” Buffy said with some optimism.

“Mom, I don’t like art cause it has always been what kept you away from me when Dad was gone. You were always trying to get The Gallery up and running, and I hated that. I know why you did it, but it left a sour taste in my mouth for art,” Dawn whined again.

“Sounds like a tough sell to me,” Will said with skepticism.

Buffy and Will spent the rest of dinner discussing various artists and their likes and dislikes while Dawn sat bored. Time flew by, and it was time for dessert. “Dawnie, can you get the chocolate cake and coffee while I put the food away?’ Buffy asked.

“Here, let me help you with that, Mrs. Finn,” Will said.

“Please, call me Buffy. If it’s ok, can I call you Will?”

“Absolutely. This was a wonderful dinner. You are an excellent cook,” Will said admirably.

“I don’t cook, Will. I ordered it from Food on the Go. We didn’t want to poison you at your first dinner here,” Buffy said with a smile and a giggle. Why am I sounding like a star-struck teenager?

They ate a leisurely dessert while they discussed life at UC-Sunnydale and Dawn’s new sorority, Gamma Phi Beta. She had pledged last year, and that’s why she was allowed to move into the house this semester. Dawn was going to be house social chairperson, and Buffy was worried it was going to deter her from her studies. Dawn reassured her mom that she would keep her grades up and if not, she’d drop the position.

“I’m planning a big dance for the new pledges at Sunnydale Inn and Suites. Very formal, and I want it to be perfect. If I need help do you think you can lend me a hand, Mom?”

“Sure, honey, as long as you keep your grades up, I will offer any assistance you need,” Buffy said with a kind word.

“Dawn, how many units are you taking this semester? I know you have your history and anthropology classes, but are you taking any classes for your requirements? You know you need to have several English classes for graduation. Okay, now I sound like a professor instead of your boyfriend, but I just want to make sure you are staying on track,” Will said with concern.

“Thank you, Will, for looking after my daughter. Sometimes she just thinks of the fun things and forgets that she needs to take required classes even though they may not be that exciting.”

“My pleasure, Buffy. And with that, I need to be leaving to prepare my notes for tomorrow’s classes. I had a wonderful time, and we should all do this again.” Will stood up and put out his hand. “It was a pleasure meeting you.”

Buffy stuck her hand out to grasp his but not before saying, “For me also.”

They both felt that same current going through them as they touched, but Will quickly broke away and walked towards the door. He turned towards Dawn and said, “I’ll call you tomorrow, and maybe we can have dinner on Saturday.”

Dawn leaned in to kiss him on the lips, but Will turned his head so that she got his cheek instead. She gave him a strange look and said, “Sure. Leave me a message on my cell. Good night.”

As she closed the door, Dawn thought to herself that that was the first time Will had not kissed her on the lips. What was that about?
chapter 4 by gotkona
Author's Notes:
Thanks to those that have commented. I was away from a computer yesterday and couldn't update. Sorry.
Chapter 4

The following week, Buffy and Tara were rehanging some of the paintings in The Gallery. Buffy was standing on the top rung of a ladder, trying to readjust a painting, when the door chimed as someone walked into the store. As she turned to see who it was, she lost her balance on the ladder and felt herself fall… right into the arms of Will.

He grasped Buffy by the waist and carefully let her down. “I guess that was good timin’ on my part. You could have broken something if I didn’t catch you, Buffy.”

Tara, seeing Buffy falling, rushed over. “Buffy, are you all right?”

Buffy was a bit flustered with the combination of losing her balance and then sliding down Will’s lean body. “ Ah yeah, I’m fine. Let me introduce you two. Tara MacClay, good friend and loyal employee, meet Professor William Atherton. Will is Dawn’s boyfriend.”

“Booyyfriend? This is Dawn’s boyfriend?” Tara said with skepticism.

“Yes, this is Will, who has impeccable timing, by the way. Thanks so much for catching me. And what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be teaching a class or something?” Buffy rambled, trying to hide her uncomfortableness at liking the feel of being in Will’s arms.

“Well, I wanted to see your shop. I was in town, so I thought I’d wander in and have a look-see. Didn’t plan on catching a fallin’ damsel, though.”

“Oh, well let me show you around,” Buffy said sheepishly.

Tara, sensing she was in the way, said, “I will be in back, filling out that mail order, if you need me.” Tara had always had a kind of sense of how people were feeling. She could sense their emotions from looking at them. Buffy normally emitted a calm pinkish glow about her, but when she was in Will’s arms, the glow around her was all red and firey. This was something she would need to talk to Willow about tonight because if her feelings were right, there was some kind of connection between Will and Buffy, and that might mean trouble for Dawn.

Buffy walked Will around the shop, stopping to talk about particular pieces that she liked or that he had questions on. When they were done with the tour, Will turned to face Buffy with a questioning look.

“Would you be interested in looking at some of my paintings, Buffy? I know you have an eye for art, and I would like to get your unbiased opinion of my work.”

“Will, Dawn never told me you paint. Where do you paint? At school or your home? I’d love to see your work,” Buffy said excitedly.

“Well, Dawn doesn’t know about my paintings. I paint in my garage, and I’ve never let her in there. She thinks it is full of junk from my move. I just felt that she wouldn’t be interested in it, and after you saying she didn’t care about artwork last week, I was glad I never showed her. I don’t want her saying she likes it when she is just doing that to make me happy.”

“Oh. Well, I’d be happy to give you an objective opinion if you want one. You let me know when you want me to look at them and I will be there.”

“I have some free time now and I only live about fifteen minutes away, so if you are free, we can go to my place now, unless you are busy here at The Gallery,” Will said with trepidation.

“No, Tara can handle anything that comes in. Tara, I’m going with Will to see some of his paintings. I should be back soon, and I have my cell if you need to ask me anything.”

Tara yelled from the backroom, “No problem, Buffy. Take your time.”

‘The more time you take the more chance I can get Willow on the phone and tell her about what I sensed.’ She quickly pulled out her cell and dialed Willow’s number.

*********************************************************************

Will drove Buffy to his house on the other side of town. He pulled into the driveway and they both got out of the car. It was a small one-story cottage with a detached garage. Will said, “Follow me to the garage. The door’s at the other end.”

Buffy followed Will to the small door and went inside when he opened it for her. As she stepped in, her eyes were assaulted by the colors in the room. On each wall were several paintings in a theme. One wall was abstract art with bright colors, one wall was filled with scenes of fields and farms, and the last wall was of beaches and sunsets. Buffy could tell right away that the beach wall was all California while the field wall seemed to indicate England. She was totally confused about the abstract wall, though she thought the work was excellent.

“Will, I can’t believe how great these all are. That is my professional opinion. On a personal level, I would have to say the same. The fields remind me of England, though I have never been there, and the beaches suggest California. You have to describe them to me.”

Will proceeded to describe each painting and what he was feeling when he painted it.

Buffy followed him around listening attentively to him. When he was finished, she said, “Have you ever thought of doing a showing? I would love to show them at The Gallery.” Maybe this would be the new artist that The Gallery needed.

“Ah no, I never thought of a showing. I mostly paint for my enjoyment. Do you think anyone would be interested in buying them? It’s been more a hobby than a job,” Will said with a bit of hesitation.

“Oh, I can think of some buyers right off the top of my head.” She moved closer to one of the paintings and squinted at the signature. “What does this say - ‘Spike’?”

“Yes, Spike is my nom de plum. It is an old nickname from my college days. Dawn doesn’t even know about it since I only use it in my paintings.”

“Well, that is perfect. I think ‘Spike’ should have a showing at my gallery. It’s up to you if or when you tell Dawn. If you decide not to, then Spike can remain anonymous. What do you think?”

“I think that’s a plan. What do I need to do?” asked Will excitedly.

“We will need maybe two or three more paintings, and then I think Spike can have a showing.”

“I will work on it and let you know when I am done. Now I’ll drive you back to the gallery, and we can discuss things on the way there.”

“Great. I have some ideas of what I want to do,” Buffy said as she walked towards the car.


A/N: Thanks again to my beta, Allison.
chapter 5 by gotkona
Author's Notes:
Thanks to my beta, Allison, and to all that have commented.
Chapter 5

As soon as Buffy and Will left the shop, Tara called Willow on her cell. Willow was a high school computer science teacher, but it was after school hours now and she hoped she was around.

“Hey, you,” Willow said when she saw Tara’s name on the caller ID. “What’s up?”

“Do you have a minute, hon? Well, maybe more than a minute.” Tara started to recount her meeting with Will and how Buffy’s emotions’ aura changed when he came into The Gallery. She told Willow that she felt there was a special connection between Buffy and Will but didn’t know what to do. Should she tell Buffy? What about Dawn? She and Willow were Dawn’s godmothers, and she felt protective towards her, too. After talking nonstop for over five minutes, she took a breath and said, “Well, what do you think?”

“Okay, first off, calm down. You just gave me a ton of information and I haven’t processed it all yet. So Dawn’s new older boyfriend is causing Buffy to be excited? Is that what the red and fiery meant when you saw it? Oh dear,” Willow whispered. She didn’t want to misinterpret what Tara was saying.

“Yes. But I also saw the red around Will, too. I don’t know what his emotions are like when he is around Dawn since I haven’t seen them together. He just might make all women react that way - he is pretty hot and that sexy British accent kind of gets to you.”

“Hey now,” Willow exclaimed.

“Don’t worry, hon, you are the only one for me. I can definitely see how women would want to take any class he was teaching, though. He is very hypnotic to listen to, and I was only around him for a few minutes. We need to see him together with Dawn so I can get a better reading.”

“Well, we could have them over for dinner, but we never had any of her other boyfriends over before so that would seem weird. Oh, I know. Maybe we can find out where he and Dawn hang out and show up by accident. I’m sure Buffy knows all Dawn’s hang outs.”

“I knew I could count on you to come up with a plan, honey. That’s why I love you,” said Tara adoringly.

“Great. See you at home. Love you,” Willow said as she hung up her cell.

Tara continued working on the mail orders for another hour. Just as she was finishing the last mailing label, she heard Buffy and Will walk in the store. She tried to eavesdrop on their conversation, but Buffy called out to her so she went out front instead.

“Tara, Will is a wonderfully talented artist. We are going to do a showing of Will’s work, but he wants it to remain anonymous. He signs his work with the name ‘Spike’, so we will say that he wants to remain unknown. He has some great abstracts, along with landscapes, that I think will interest some of our older buyers. I am thinking that we should plan this for late November. What do you both think?” asked an excited Buffy.

“Well, I think I can finish those extras paintings you want by then, so it is okay with me,” said Will.

“I think we can get the shop in order and get invitations printed for the opening night by then, too,” Tara said excitedly. She still saw the red firey haze surrounding Buffy and Will, and spending time with them for the next few months would help her analyze if there was a strong connection there.

“Well, I need to be off. Got night classes to teach. Nice meeting you, Tara. Buffy, I will be in contact with you,” Will said as he walked out the door.

“So, how did it got at Will’s place? Is it a swinging bachelor pad?” asked a curious Tara.

“I only saw the garage. That’s where he paints. What’s with all questions, anyway?”

“Just curious. He seems nice. What do you think of him as boyfriend material for Dawn, though?”

“Well, I have my concerns since he is a year older than me, but if he makes her happy, I guess I can’t say anything. He definitely is the smartest boyfriend she has ever brought home,” Buffy commented.

“And the hottest. Oops, did I just say that?”

“Tara MacClay! What would Willow say? Do you think he is hot? I kinda think he is handsome if you are into the 70’s punk look with the bleached hair and the leather. Yeah, I guess he is hot.”

“Leather? What leather? He was wearing slacks and a bomber jacket. When did you see him in leather?” Tara asked in an accusatory tone.

“He wore a leather coat to dinner at the house when I met him. What is up with you, Tara? Did you sense something bad? Please tell me if you think his intentions towards Dawn are not on the up and up.”

“I have no idea about him and Dawn, Buffy. But I will be honest and tell you I did sense something between the two of you.”

“What? You’ve got to be kidding. Me and Will? I can just see the headlines - ‘Mom steals boyfriend from college age daughter’. That’s a riot. You better stop this nonsense before Dawn hears about it and gets hurt. You know my daughter is the most important thing to me,” Buffy said with conviction.

“Oh, I don’t want to do anything to hurt Dawnie. I love her as if she was my own. It’s just there is something between the two of you - I just don’t know what.”

“Well, on that note, I am going home. I want to start planning for Spike’s showing. Please don’t say anything to Dawn since Will will tell her on his own time. You can tell Willow.”

“Okay, Buff. You go on home and I will close up The Gallery tonight. See you tomorrow.”

Buffy walked out to her car and got in to drive home. She kept thinking about what Tara said about a connection between her and Will. She did feel something, but she just put it off as being without the attention of a man for so long. Buffy shook her head to try to get those thoughts out of her brain.

‘He’s Dawn’s boyfriend. He’s Dawn’s boyfriend. Maybe if I can keep repeating it, it will sink into my brain.’
chapter 6 by gotkona
Author's Notes:
Thanks to all that have reviewed and sticking with me on this. A bit of conversation with Dawn and Will in this chapter just to warn you. A huge thank you to Spikeshunny for the wonderful banner. Go read her fic Forbidden, it's great.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 6

At a café in Sunnydale, Dawn and Will sat sipping their coffees after a leisurely dinner.

“But why don’t you want to come to the Delta Chi Fraternity party next week? You never want to come to any of the frat/sorority parties, and you know as social chair I have to make an appearance,” whined Dawn.

“Dawn, I just think it wouldn’t look right for you to show up with one of your ex professors as your date. Plus, I am up for assistant chair to the department of English Literature and I don’t want to do anything to ruin my chances. Why don’t you go without me? I’m sure some of your sorority sisters are going, or maybe you can meet up with the social chair of Delta Chi and he can be your escort,” Will stated calmly.

“Are you saying you want me to go without you? What is up with you lately? Ever since dinner at my mom’s, you haven’t even let me sleep over. Is there someone else? Are you hiding something from me?”

“No, there is no one else, Dawn. I am just really busy with school stuff, and I have been attending some department meetings that I usually don’t go to in order to make my presence more well known. And I am just tired sometimes.”

“Well, how ‘bout tonight? Can I stay over? I packed an overnight bag with your favorite nightie just in case,” pleaded Dawn.

“Ah, not tonight, Dawn. I am so tired - I don’t think I’d be good company, let alone have the energy for what you have in mind.” Will fiddled with his napkin and avoided looking into Dawn’s eyes. His heart just wasn’t into this relationship lately. Maybe it was the promotion or maybe it was trying to finish those three painting for his showing. Or maybe it was a certain blond mother that kept creeping into his mind when he was sitting across from her daughter

“I can’t believe you are giving me the brush off again. What is with you? You used to be fun,” griped Dawn.

Will just shook his head. He used to enjoy her enthusiasm and energy, and now all it seemed that came out of her mouth was whining. “I’m sorry. I guess I am just going through a phase. Please go to the party without me and have a good time.”

“Fine. But after that, we are going to sit down and talk about what is going on with you. You better be ready.”

“I promise we will sit down and talk about us. Now, do you need me to drive you home or did you take your car?” Will asked quickly before Dawn could pursue that subject.

“I drove, but you can walk me to my car.”

“Great.” Will got up, paid their bill, and walked Dawn to her car. He gave her a quick kiss before going to his.

As Will was driving back to his house, thoughts of the evening kept going through his brain. Why did he keep thinking about Buffy when he was with Dawn? Hell, he thought about Buffy when he wasn’t with Dawn, too. She seemed to be on his mind a lot. Of course, it could be because they were constantly talking on the phone or sending emails about his showing. But sometimes he’d pick up the phone when he was painting to get her opinion on a color or he’d drop her an email in the middle of the night when he got an idea about how to arrange his artwork.

He pulled into his driveway and unlocked the front door. He noticed the answering machine light blinking. There were several messages from colleagues and a message from Buffy. She wanted to know if he could stop by The Gallery and proof the invites for the showing before they went to the printer tomorrow. He sat down at his computer and dropped her a quick email saying he’d be by before his evening class if that was okay.

**********************************************************************
When Tara heard Will was coming by in the afternoon, she immediately called Willow to see if she could come by the gallery and check Buffy and Will out. Willow did not have as strong of a sense of other’s emotions as Tara, but she was pretty cognizant with other auras. Willow was free in the afternoon and was going to stop by.

Buffy was working on the computer at her desk when Willow came in. “Willow! I am so glad to see you. I’ve been such a bad friend in not calling to chat. Let’s catch up, or are you here to take my best employee away?”

“Your only employee,” smirked Tara. “No, I asked her to come by and help me with that new order that came in since you are busy with the new showing.”

“I think I can spare a few minutes to catch up with my oldest friend. What’s up with you and Dawnie? Tara doesn’t say much.”

“Well, you heard about the new showing we are doing, right? Dawn is living in her sorority house and is social chairperson. She is thinking of majoring in History with a minor in Anthropology. I am sure Tara told you about Will, her boyfriend. Wait a minute. Is that why you are here? To check out Will?” Buffy asked suspiciously.

“Who, me? No, I am here to help Tara. Helpful girlfriend am I,” a nervous Willow replied.

“Uh huh. Just so happens that Will is coming by this afternoon.”

“Oh really? Well, if I am around, you will have to introduce me. I better go help Tara now,” Willow said quickly as she ran to the back.

Buffy went back to her work on the computer. After fifteen minutes, the door chimed again and in walked Will. A smile lit Buffy’s face as she saw him walk into The Gallery.

“Hey, Will. Glad you got my message to come by. I wanted your opinion on these invites for the showing before I send them off to the printer.” Buffy turned around, got the envelope with the proofs from behind her, and walked over to Will.

“No problem. Any thing I can do to help this along.”

Just as Will started to look at the proofs, Tara and Willow came giggling from the back. “Hey, Will. I want you to meet my girlfriend Willow Rosenberg.”

“Willow, this is Professor Will Atherton. He’s Dawn’s boyfriend and the anonymous painter I told you we were showing.”

“Pleasure to meet you, Red. Tara and Buffy have mentioned you a few times. I hear you teach at the high school,” Will said politely.

“Yes, that’s me, computer girl. I mean computer teacher. Ahh, we better get back to unpacking that order, Tara. Nice meeting you,” Willow stammered as she rushed into the back.

Will gave Buffy a quizzical look.

“Don’t ask,” Buffy said.

As Will and Buffy bent over the proofs, Tara and Willow stared from the back. “Well, honey, what do you think?”

“Oh Tara, I definitely feel something between them. And I totally know what you mean about that hypnotic accent. If I wasn’t gay, I’d be all over him,” Willow said shyly.

“So, what do we do now? I don’t want to hurt Dawn, but don’t Will and Buffy seem perfect for each other? Anyone can see that they are attracted to each other. Look at the way he keeps glancing at her when she doesn’t know it.”

“Or the way she is watching him as he’s showing her his ideas for hanging the artwork. I don’t think she is looking at the walls. I think she is admiring his hot body,” Willow said with a giggle.

“Willow, you are so bad. Well, we will have to put our heads together and see what we can do.’
chapter 7 by gotkona
Author's Notes:
Thanks to all that have reviewed and to Allison, my beta.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 7

Buffy was standing on a ladder in the back of The Gallery, putting away supplies. She had closed the shop so as to be able to do some work in the back. It was an unusually hot day, so she was just in a pair of jean shorts and a loose red halter with her hair up in a high ponytail. The chime on the door rang, and she called out, “Sorry, we’re closed.”

“Hey, Buffy, it’s me,” Will said.

“I’m back here, putting supplies away. I closed the shop so I could get some work done. Come on back,” Buffy said breathlessly.

Will walked in back and noticed Buffy perched up on the ladder. “Careful now, remember what happened last time you were up on a ladder.”

Buffy twisted to look at Will and again lost her footing. Will ran to her side and managed to catch her as she slid down his body. As Buffy’s body brushed down Will’s body, she felt every inch of his muscled torso. Her arms automatically hooked behind his neck, and Will’s arms encircled Buffy’s waist. She gulped when she looked up into Will’s eyes and saw only hunger and desire.

As Will bent down to kiss Buffy, he reached up and pulled the ties of her halter loose. He ran his hands up towards her breasts and skimmed over them while his lips brushed over her lips. His tongue darted out to trace the outline of her lips and begged her silently to let him in and she did.

Buffy pressed closer to Will and felt the evidence of his desire for her. She ground herself into him and heard him groan. She felt her panties flood with moisture from her own desire as she moved against him. Oh, it felt so good.

Will turned them around and pushed Buffy towards the table in the middle of the room. With one arm, he cleared the table of all papers and pushed Buffy back up against it.

Buffy started to unbutton his shirt while their tongues explored each other’s mouths. She pushed his shirt down his arms and onto the floor. She sighed as she ran her hands over his chest and stopped to flick his nipples.

“Oh God, Buffy, don’t stop,” panted Will. He then reached down to unzip her jeans and pushed them off. She was left standing in only her panties and her halter hanging around her waist. Will started to lick down her neck towards her breasts. There was so much lovely Buffy-skin exposed, he didn’t know where to start. First off, though, was to let her beautiful hair down and he did.

Buffy couldn’t wait to feel him, so she began to unbuckle his pants. She was surprised and maybe even a little turned on by the fact that he wore no underwear. She pushed his pants down his legs, and Will stepped out of them and kicked his loafers aside. He ripped off her panties and pulled her halter off completely. They stood completely naked, staring at each other. A golden goddess she was, and he couldn’t take his eyes off of her. Smooth and golden was her body, and he had to have her.

“Will, I want you so much,” Buffy gasped. She ran her hands up and down his sides. He felt so good. It had been a long time since she had been with a man. She looked down and smiled at the size of his member. A very long time cause she couldn’t remember a penis that looked this fine. Anya would be so proud of her and what she was doing. She reached out, encircled him, and pulled him closer.

Will bent his head down to kiss Buffy and pushed her onto the table. “Are you sure?” he asked, poised to enter her.

“Oh yes. Fill me up, Will. It’s been so long.” Buffy spread her legs and encircled Will’s waist as he entered her with one thrust.

Will paused because if he moved, he knew it would be over. She was so tight and wet, and he tried to think of poisonous snakes or some other gross thing so as not to cum. When he felt like he was under control again, he began a slow in and out movement. He took one of his hands and started to flick Buffy’s clit since he knew he wouldn’t last long.

“Will, make me cum. I need to so badly,” Buffy groaned.

Just then the phone started to ring.

“Leave it, they can leave a message,” huffed Buffy.

“No, luv, you better get that.”

Buffy reached over to grab the phone and woke up from her dream.

“Hello,” she said in a confused tone.

“Hey, Buffy, did I wake you?” asked Willow.

“Willow? Ah, no. Well yes, but that’s okay since I needed to get up. What time is it?”

“It’s after ten. I wanted to talk to you about having dinner or something next week, but I can call back later when you are not so disoriented,” Willow offered.

“Yeah, Willow, that would be great. I am kind of out of it now anyway.”

“Great. I will call you later, Buf,” Willow said as she hung up.

Buffy put down the phone and lay back in bed. What had she been dreaming about? And with her daughter’s boyfriend to boot. She was a bad, bad mother. She had dreamt of having sex with Will. And to top it off, it had been fantastic. Darn, why did Willow have to call right then? She had almost had a climax. Now she was feeling very frustrated and very horny. She definitely was going to have to go see Anya at the Sex Box soon. I need a vibrator in a big way, she thought to herself. Then she laughed and thought, Or a big vibrator. I wonder if Will is really that big in real life. Bad Buffy - stop thinking of him that way.

She got out of bed and decided to take a shower. Well, I knew that detachable shower head was going to come in handy sometime, she thought to herself as she walked into her bathroom.
chapter 8 by gotkona
Author's Notes:
Thanks to all that have reviewed and to Allison, my beta, and to Spikeshunny for the wonderful banner.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 8

Several weeks passed, and Buffy tried not to be alone with Will. He seemed to be coming to The Gallery several times a week now to discuss the details about the showing. Thankfully, Tara was always around and Buffy could keep her mind on work. But at home, it was a different story. Her nights were filled of dreams of her and Will and her days were filled of thoughts of how bad a mom she was for lusting after her daughter’s boyfriend. She was definitely going to have to visit Anya soon.

Will had not told Dawn about the showing yet. He didn’t know why. Maybe he wanted to keep that part of his relationship with Buffy special and not bring Dawn into it. Wait, why would he not want to bring Dawn into something that was good? The showing would be a big deal for him, though he was not telling anyone he was the Spike that was having a showing at The Gallery in a few weeks.

Something had gone out of his relationship with Dawn. They barely saw each other once a week, and that was usually for a quick meal. Dawn was very busy with her schoolwork and her duties as social chair of the sorority. She would ask him to attend social functions, but he always found an excuse not to.

Dawn was busy with her studies, but she did notice that Will had been acting differently around her. Were they growing apart, or maybe were they not meant to be? This was too heavy of a topic for a 19 year old to have to deal with. She wanted to have a carefree existence, and her relationship with Will was starting to get her down. He wouldn’t even attend the dance she was throwing for the pledges next week that she was in charge of. As for sex, that was non-existent. She had to do some serious thinking to see if this was something she really wanted or not. Maybe it was time for dinner with Mom. Mom always knows what to do. I think I will call her tomorrow and see if we can meet.

Two days later at the Summers-Finn residence…

“Well, honey, you are half his age,” Buffy commented to Dawn.

“Mom, that has nothing to do with it. It’s like he lost interest I me. I even asked around if he was flirting with any of his current students, and everyone said he’s been the perfect professor.”

“What do you want me to say, Dawn? Do you still want this relationship? Is it worth fighting for it?”

“I’m not sure anymore. Promise this won’t leave the room,” whispered Dawn.

“Honey, you know I always keep your confidences, and you don’t have to whisper since there’s only the two of us,” chuckled Buffy.

“Well, last week I went to the Delta Chi Fraternity party and got a bit drunk.”

“Dawn!”

“Hey, I need a friend now, not a mom.”

“Okay, I will try to be objective.”

“Well, I had a bit too much to drink, and one of the guys, who is their social chair, and I really hit it off. We danced and talked for several hours. You know how shy I can be, but the alcohol loosened me up. Well, the long and short of it is that we kissed. Well, we kissed a lot.”

“Dawn, I can’t believe you cheated on Will!” exclaimed Buffy. But in her head, she was thinking that maybe this was in her favor. Bad mother! Buffy, stop trying to take your daughter’s boyfriend away.

“Well, I guess I was cheating, but in my heart, William and I have not been a couple for a few months. The thing is, I really like this guy and I think we do click. He’s 22, majoring in English/History, and I just like talking to him. Mom, I’m so confused. I don’t want to hurt Will, but I want to try something with Connor.”

“Wow! I don’t know what to say. William seems like such a nice guy, but I did feel uncomfortable with the large age gap. Was he more of a father figure to you?” asked a curious Buffy.

“I don’t know, Mom. I mean, I loved Dad and I miss him, but I always had positive memories of him. I don’t think I needed a replacement.”

“Well, Dawn, I think you know in your heart what you need to do.”

The kitchen timer went off in the background.

“Okay, dinner’s on. Maybe after you get some food in your stomach, it will help you make your decision clearer.”

After Dawn had left to go back to her sorority house, Buffy couldn’t help but think of the things that Dawn had told her. So, they weren’t as close anymore. Maybe that was why Will was hanging at The Gallery more often now. Oh, there you go, Buffy, thinking that maybe Will is interested in you. You really need to go out more often. Maybe this is what you need to push yourself out the door and into some nice man’s arms. This was the incentive she needed to call Anya and see if she wanted to go to that new club in town The Bronze.

Buffy dialed Anya’s home number and waited. Anya picked up on the third ring.

“Hello.”

“Hey, Anya, it’s Buffy. How about we get together and have a girls’ night out at that new club in town? I think I am ready to meet some guys.”

“Oh, Buffy, you will love this club. There are so many potential orgasm buddies there. I go there at least once week. Want to go tomorrow night? You can meet me at the Sex Box and then we can have dinner before we go. Will that give you time to buy something slutty? You know your clothes are just too conservative if you want to pick up an orgasm buddy,” Anya said with all seriousness.

“I am not going to buy something slutty. I am sure I can find something not so conservative in my closet if I dig around. Shall I come by around 6:30 when I close The Gallery?”

“Sure, but I don’t close ‘til seven, so you will have to wait around. Or maybe you can shop. You know I love to see your money.”

“Ahh, I was thinking of doing that. Shopping, that is. I will talk to you about it tomorrow when I am in the shop, okay?” asked Buffy.

“Sure, Buffy. Whatever you say. See you tomorrow.” Anya hung up her phone as Buffy hung up hers.
chapter 9 by gotkona
Author's Notes:
Thanks to those who have reviewed you words make me happy. Thanks to Allison for being my beta.
Chapter 9

The next day…

Buffy had a busy and productive day working at The Gallery. She and Tara had rearranged some of the paintings on the walls and finished addressing the invitations for Spike’s showing.

She got her jacket and purse at 6:30 and yelled to Tara, “I’m leaving for the night. Going out with Anya, so I’ll be at the Sex Box if you need me before you leave.”

“Have a nice night, Buffy,” Tara said while wondering why Buffy was going out with Anya. Anya was a friend, but Buffy didn’t usually go out with her because Anya was forever talking about sex or money and it really embarrassed Buffy.

Buffy walked over to the Sex Box and went inside. Anya was busy with some young women helping them pick out favors for a bachelorette party. She nodded to Anya and walked over to the vibrator section. After having all the vivid dreams, she was left wanting when she woke up and thought she’d pick up a vibrator to help fill that need. She was reading the boxes of several different ones and getting more and more confused when Anya wandered over.

“Buffy, are you finally planning on buying a vibrator? I don’t know how you have managed to go this long without one,” Anya said with a perplexed look. “If I don’t use my vibe daily, I am just a grouchy person. How do you manage to be so perky without one?”

“Ahh, I don’t know,” replied Buffy. “I don’t know much about them, so maybe you can help me pick one out?”

“Of course I will help you. What are you looking for? Something with a clitoral stimulation or something that just makes you feel full? Remember how I told you about ‘Mr. Big’? What do you think?” Anya proceeded to take ‘Mr. Big’ out of the box and held him up for Buffy’s perusal.

“Wow, that is really big. Is it uncomfortable?” Buffy asked embarrassingly.

“Oh no. If you use it with the body heating gel, it makes for a very pleasant sensation. I personally try all my products so that I can give testimony to my customers. This is a good one.”

“Okay, I will take it and the gel that you recommended. But you have to promise me you won’t tell anyone what I bought, promise?”

“Buffy all purchases at the Sex Box are discrete and confidential. My lips are sealed.”

Buffy paid for her purchase and waited as Anya counted out the register for the day. After all the money was put in the safe, they got their coats and headed for the door. Buffy opened the door and ran right into Will.

“Will, what are you doing here? I don’t mean what are you doing here - I mean I am surprised to see you here. No, I don’t know what I mean,” said a flustered Buffy.

“Buffy, who is this fine hunk of a man? Does he give you lots of orgasms and why haven’t you introduced me before?” asked Anya.

“Anya, this Professor Will Atherton, Dawn’s boyfriend. Will, this is Anya, owner of the Sex Box and my very embarrassing friend.”

“Pleasure to meet you,” Will replied.

“Well, we will see if you give me any pleasure,” Anya answered back with a twinkle in her eye.

“Ahh, okay,” Will stammered out. “Tara said you were here, and I had a few more names I wanted to add to the list of names for that ‘thing’. I don’t mean to intrude on your night out.”

“You are not intruding. Buffy and I were planning to check out The Bronze, that new club. We are hoping to find some orgasm buddies,” replied the ever-blunt Anya.

“Anya, that is so not true. I just wanted to check out the new club.”

“Oh Buffy, you so want an orgasm buddy. Why would you come to my shop and make that purchase if you weren’t horny?”

“Anya! You promised,” Buffy said exasperatedly.

“Well, I didn’t tell him what’s in the bag. I promised not to and I didn’t,” Anya said proudly.

“You see why I don’t go out with you more often. Come on, let’s go. Will, you can just email me those names, and I will add them to the list. Have a good night,” Buffy said hurriedly as she pulled Anya to her car.

“Hey, I might want to check out this club, too. Where is it?” asked Will.

“It’s down at the other end of Main Street,” Anya said. “You can attend with us, but you better not hamper our picking up men. We are on a mission.”

“You may be on a mission, Anya, but I am just there to check it out. If you want to meet us there, Will, just look for us. We are going to dinner first.”

“I might at that. Nice to meet you, Anya.”

After a leisurely dinner at Café Sol, Buffy and Anya drove over to The Bronze. The parking lot was already half full, so they were glad that they had gotten there early. Buffy parked the car, and they both got out and proceeded to walk into the club. Tonight was Ladies Night, so there was no cover fee for them.

Anya spotted a table in the middle and sat herself so that she faced the door and could check out the prospects. Buffy sat across from her and studied the drink menu. She felt a bit wild tonight, so maybe a Sex on the Beach or a Fuzzy Navel was what she should get.

“Well, Buffy I see many potential orgasm buddies here. As soon as the band starts, I think I might ask one of them to dance. How about you?”

“I think I need a few drinks for courage before I do that. And remember, Anya, I am here to check out the new club, not to pick up men.”

“Well, that Will was certainly a hunk. Too bad Dawn is dating him because he looked like he could be a ‘Mr. Big’ to me,” Anya said with a knowing look.

“How can you tell that when you just met him? My goodness, Anya, he’s Dawn’s boyfriend - that’s kind of sick, don’t you think?” Buffy said, hoping to validate her own sentiments.

“Buffy, you need to live a little. You have been the perfect little widow for too long now. You need to set yourself free. What happened to the woman that got the makeover and was ready to be a free spirit? I’m gonna order you a Long Island Ice Tea - it’s got a very high percentage of alcohol and will loosen you up right away.” And with that, Anya signaled a waiter to take their order.

After two Long Islands, Buffy was feeling pretty loose. In fact, she was so loose that she and Anya were causing quite a stir on the dance floor, dancing with each other. Anya knew that two hot women dancing with each other would bring out the men and she was right. The two women were surrounded by men trying to get close to them. Anya had set her sights on a tall muscular guy who she predicted would give her many orgasms by the end of the night. When he worked his way to her side, she turned into his arms and moved away from Buffy.

Buffy continued to dance wantonly to the music. A few men tried to put their arms around her, but she brushed them off. She didn’t want to be tied down to anyone right now. She loved the feeling of dancing and letting go. It reminded her of her high school years when the gang used to go dancing at the teen club in town.

Will walked into The Bronze and looked around. He was trying to find Buffy and Anya but it was very crowded. He spotted a blond dancing in a circle of guys and moved on ‘cause that couldn’t be Buffy. But wait, he looked back again and got a bit closer. It was Buffy, and she was dancing in a way that most moms would not. She looked very comfortable with herself and was unaware of the guys ogling her.

Will walked closer to her and stepped into the circle to try to get her attention. He caught Buffy’s surprised look when she saw him.

“Will, dance with me,” Buffy said with shiny eyes.

“Buffy, have you been drinking?”

“Well yeah, hence the dancy Buffy and not the ol’ stuffy Buffy. Do you have a problem with it?”

“I think I better get you home.”
chapter 10 by gotkona
Author's Notes:
Ok remember Buffy has been drinking and she does not hold her liquor well. Thanks to those that have reviewed and to Allison, my beta and to Spikeshunny for the lovely banner.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Chapter 10

“I think I better get you home,” Will said adamantly.

“No, I want to dance,” Buffy said with a pout. “Just one dance, pleeeease?” She stuck out her bottom lip in a look that used to work wonders for her in high school.

Will couldn’t resist that lip and pulled Buffy to the dance floor. He wondered if he would have to hold her up since she seemed a bit stumbly. As they hit the center of the floor, the music changed to a slow ballad, and he put his arms around her waist. At least she won’t fall down and embarrass herself, he thought to himself.

Buffy put her arms around his neck and lay her head on his chest.

He pulled her closer and felt the warmth of her body against his.She smelled so good, so warm and cuddly. He didn’t stop to notice her outfit before since she was wearing a coat, but now he could feel how little she was wearing. She had on a very short black skirt and a tight little black tank top that hugged her chest. On her feet were stiletto boots that came to her knees and left a good portion of her thighs bare. She could give some of the UC-Sunnydale coeds a run for their money dressed like that. She sure didn’t look like anyone’s mom.

Buffy snuggled closer to Will and began to sway her hips a bit more. She liked the way it felt to rub up against him. He was definitely all man. Even in her inebriated state, she wondered what it would be like to have sex with him. Wait, stop! Bad Buffy, he’s Dawn’s boyfriend. But oh his body felt so good and it seemed like he liked it, too, if what she was feeling against her stomach was what she thought it was. Will was a bit excited.

As the music stopped, they continued to sway for a bit more and then pulled apart. Buffy’s eyes were dark with passion as she gazed at Will and then dropped down to look at his crotch.

“Oh Buffy, I’m so sorry that happened. I mean, there you were all soft and warm, rubbing against me. I am a man, after all. Sometimes the body reacts without thinking things through.”

“Will, I think I can help you with that problem you’re having,” Buffy said huskily, and she grabbed his hand and pulled him into the darkened hallway towards a utility closet. She opened the door and pulled him inside.

“Buffy, what are you doin’?” choked out Will.

“I’m gonna take care of your problem for you. Can’t have you walking around like that. It’s got to hurt, and it looks damn embarrassing.” She then got down on her knees and unbuckled his belt.

“Wait, Buffy. We can’t. I’m dating your daughter,” Will coughed out.

“I won’t tell if you won’t,” Buffy said with a wink as she knelt down and used her teeth to pull down his zipper. “I’ve always wanted to do that.” Just then his cock popped out and smacked her on the mouth. “Wow, commando - I must be dreaming again.” She slowly started to lick the bell-shaped head. “Umm, you taste so good,” she said as she looked up at him with passion-filled eyes.

That was all Will needed to hear for him to lose control. He did nothing to stop her from putting as much of his cock into her mouth as she could. The alcohol did more than just lessen her inhibitions - it relaxed her jaw muscles so that she could open her mouth wide and get almost three quarters of him down her throat. He was bigger than her deceased husband and the two other men she had had relationships with, and that really turned her on. She felt a gush of fluid hit her lace panties and drip down her thighs. I bet he would fill me up so good, just like in my dreams. Probably better than ‘Mr. Big’ could, too. She used her hands to cover the rest of him and started to do rhythmic swallowing, which she had read about in the latest issue of Cosmo. She smiled to herself because every time she swallowed, Will would groan out loud. Even though she was slightly drunk, she loved having the power to do that to a man, especially this sexy man.

What was she doing to him? This was turning out to be the best blowjob he had ever received. Was it because it was so wrong or because she was so good? He knew he wasn’t going to last much longer, and with her next swallow, he erupted down her throat.

She continued to swallow all his spendings, then licked him clean before putting him back in his pants and zipping him up.

As Buffy stood up, sobriety and the severity of the situation hit her. What had she done? What kind of a woman was she to seduce the boyfriend of another woman? And to her daughter’s own boyfriend? What kind of mother was she?

Will saw the play of emotions cross her face. The realization of what had happened hit her. He could see she was disgusted with herself.

“Buffy, look at me. It’s okay. We both were a little taken with the situation and got carried away. It was the alcohol, luv.” Though in his mind he knew that he hadn’t had anything to drink and let her continue since it felt so good. Maybe he was just trying to convince himself it was the alcohol. He never cheated on a girlfriend before. What made him want to talk himself out of the guilt he should be feeling? It was that damn connection he felt with Buffy. There was something between them, and he had felt it since that first meeting. He needed to break it off with Dawn and take some time to think this through.

“I don’t think we should be alone around each other anymore. I can’t do this to Dawn.” Then she turned, walked out of the Bronze, and hailed herself a cab to take her home. She did not look back, but if she had, she would have seen the shocked expression on Will’s face as he followed her out of the Bronze.
chapter 11 by gotkona
Author's Notes:
Banner by Spikeshunny and thanks to Allison my beta.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 11

Buffy and William both arrived at their homes to separate messages from Dawn on their answering machines.

Will’s message said that Dawn needed to talk to him but was finding it harder and harder to meet up. She felt their relationship was drifting and didn’t think she could go on this way much longer.

Buffy’s message said that Dawn wanted to come home and have another mother-daughter talk abut her relationship with Will and could she come by tomorrow morning for breakfast. She didn’t have a class until eleven, so she had the time and she’d pick up something for the two of them to eat.

Dawn got to the house around 8:30, and Buffy had just finished her shower. She was not feeling that well - must have been the alcohol from the night before. She grabbed a couple of Tylenol and called down to Dawn that she’d be down in a minute.

“So, what’s up, Dawnie?” Buffy said in quiet voice as to not aggravate her headache.

“Mom, let me get this all out before you make any comments. I feel like my relationship with Will is going nowhere. There is no forward motion. Will and I haven’t been intimate in months, and when we see each other, it is only for dinner or coffee. He always seems to be too tired for me to stay at his place, and he won’t attend any sorority functions with me, either. I have given it a chance, but I really think I need to end this.” Dawn let out a breath with the last word.

Buffy gulped when she heard Dawn say they hadn’t been intimate in a long time. Maybe that was why Will had let her perform oral sex on him - he was sexually frustrated.

“I know I sound like a girlfriend that is not getting any attention, but I really am starting to think we don’t have much in common anymore,” whined Dawn. “And on top of all this, Connor keeps calling me and we keep running into each other around campus. I’d really like to give him a chance and see what develops.”

“Oh dear. Well, Dawnie, I can’t make this decision for you. You are a grown up young woman and this is the adult world. Whatever you decide, I think you need to talk to Will and let him know what you are feeling,” Buffy said in a motherly tone.

“I left a message with him last night for him to call my cell but he hasn’t yet. By the way, where were you last night when I called?”

“Ah, I went to the Bronze with Anya. I think I might have drunk a little too much alcohol - that’s why I am talking in such a quiet tone,” Buffy said, embarrassed.

“Mom! Good for you. You deserve a girls’ night out. Did you meet any handsome men you want to hook up with?”

Buffy blushed a delightful shade of scarlet. “Well... Anya and I just had some drinks. I think Anya went home with someone, but I came home alone.” It wasn’t a lie - she did come home alone. She just neglected to mention that she acted like a tramp around her daughter’s maybe soon-to-be ex-boyfriend.

“Mom, you did meet someone. I can tell by your blushing. Well, are you gonna see each other again? What’s his name?” Dawn asked with much interest.

“I don’t remember. I ended up taking a cab home, Dawnie. Mom isn’t too proud of the way she behaved. Here, I always lecture you about drinking responsibly, and I go out for the first time in years and have too much to drink. At least I had enough common sense to hail a cab.”

Just then, Buffy’s phone rang. “Hello,” she said.

“Buffy. Thank god you got home okay,” Will said with relief.

“Yes, I did. Can I talk to you later? My daughter is visiting here and I don’t get to see her too often.”

“Ah, sure. Dawn left me a message last night. Maybe I will give her a call in a bit. We really should talk. I will talk to you later. Bye,” Will said

“Okay, bye.”

“Who was that?” Dawn asked while polishing off her second bagel.

“Just one of the new artists that we are going to be showing soon. He wanted to talk to me about the showing.” Buffy couldn’t tell Dawn it was Will checking up to see if she got home all right.

Just then Dawn’s cell rang. “Hello, this is Dawn.”

“Dawn, it’s Will. You wanted to talk to me?”

“Yeah. Do you have time in the next hour? I don’t have a class until eleven, so I can swing by your office if that is where you are.”

“Sure. I don’t have class ‘til one, so I will be grading papers. See you in a bit,” Will said with no emotion.

Buffy looked at Dawn with a puzzled look on her face. “Did you make a decision already?”

“Well, I think I did, but I want to wait to see what Will has to say and if he can change my mind.” Dawn started to gather the dishes and put them in the dishwasher. “I better get going. I’m glad we had time to talk.”

Buffy gulped down that nauseous feeling that was creeping up her throat. “Well, Dawn, it is your decision and I just want you to know I will back you in whatever you do.” In her heart, she was wishing Dawn would break if off with Will. She wasn’t being selfish, she told herself. Dawn needed someone her age and this Connor sounded perfect for her.

Dawn hugged her mom goodbye, promised to call her next week, and walked out the door.

Buffy held her head in her hands while she stayed seated at the kitchen table. Oh my god. What have I done? The memories of the night before came flooding back. I behaved like a slut. A drunken slut, at that. She had never done anything like that with a man or even a teenage boy when she was in high school. What got into her? A sexy man that you have been lusting over, said the little devil on her shoulder. I just hope Dawn doesn’t hurt Will if she breaks up with him. She got up from the table, called Tara and told her that she wouldn’t be coming in till later, and went upstairs to take a nap.
chapter 12 by gotkona
Author's Notes:
Banner by Spikeshunny. Thanks to those that are sticking with me, this chapter should make you happy.:) Also a big thanks to Allison, my beta.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chapter 12

I can’t believe Dawn broke up with me. Well, I guess I can. I have been neglecting her these last few weeks, but I thought she’d understand. And for her to say our age difference was why she was breaking up - she was the one that didn’t care about the large age difference. She told me it made me more interesting. Now she tells me I have too many things tying me down and she is too young to be tied down.

Will was slamming things around his office after Dawn had walked out. At first when he had gotten the message last night, he thought she was going to try to convince him to attend the sorority dance. Breaking up was the last thing he thought of. It’s not like he was upset with her breaking up with him. He really hadn’t felt that into the relationship from the start. He liked the idea of having a younger woman interested in him, and she was always so full of energy, but really, did they have that much in common outside of the bedroom?

He needed to calm down because he had a class to teach in fifteen minutes and the students could always tell when he was upset. Deep breath. Okay now I can take a leisurely walk to the classroom, and I should be right as rain when I get there.

As he arrived at his room, an interesting thought popped into his head. I’m free now to pursue Buffy. And with a smile on his face, he opened his textbook and started to lecture on artwork from the Renaissance.

************************************************************************
Buffy finally showed up at The Gallery around two PM. She looked better, but her eyes were still a bit bloodshot.

“Oh Buffy, what happened last night? Anya came by to check on you this morning and was surprised when you weren’t here. She said she had a wonderful time with that guy she brought home. You don’t look so well,” Tara said with a very concerned voice.

“I had a little too much to drink and didn’t get much sleep last night,” Buffy mumbled in an embarrassed voice.

“Were you sick? Oh Buffy, you didn’t drive home, did you? You could have called Willow and I to pick you up,” Tara rambled on.

“No, I hailed a cab and got my car before I came here today. I was sane enough not to try and drive.”

“Thank the goddess for that. So, did you meet anyone?” Tara could sense that there was something Buffy wasn’t telling her but wasn’t sure what it was. She hoped Buffy trusted her enough to tell her.

“Ahh, no, I didn’t meet anyone new,” Buffy said with hesitation. She really didn’t meet anyone new - she knew Will already.

“Oh, well then why did you drink so much? Did Anya keep buying you drinks?” Tara said accusingly.

“No. I bought myself drinks. I guess I felt inhibited being out in that kind of place. The alcohol loosened me up, and I was able to go out on the dance floor and really let loose. Now of course I am paying the price. My head is killing me, and my stomach is all wonky.” Buffy walked to her mini fridge and pulled out a ginger ale to soothe her stomach.

“Are you sure you didn’t meet anyone? I hope you can trust me enough to tell me, even if it is embarrassing,” Tara said with a kind heart.

“Oh Tara, promise me you won’t tell anyone. Not even Willow,” Buffy pleaded.

“Sure Buffy, I promise,” Tara replied with a little hesitation. What could have happened that had Buffy so flustered?

“I was a bad mom last night. I acted like a total drunken skank with Will. He met Anya and I at the Bronze, and I had had already too much to drink. He offered to take me home, but I made him dance with me first. I was grinding all over him - it was disgusting,” Buffy said with revulsion.

“Oh Buf, it couldn’t have been that bad.” Tara always had a positive way of looking at things, and this just didn’t sound that bad.

“Wait, there’s more. He kind of responded to my grinding.”

“What do you mean?” Tara asked with a perplexed look. Had Will taken advantage of Buffy?

“Well, I’m so embarrassed, Tara. I don’t know if I can tell you this. What will you think of me?” a dejected Buffy said.

“Buffy, you know I love you no matter what. You’re a wonderful person. You couldn’t have done anything that bad. You didn’t slay him or anything, did you?”

“It would have almost been better if I did. No, I did worse. I was disloyal to Dawn. I pulled Will into the back utility closet and I… I... I gave him a blow job.” Buffy felt a bit better getting it off her chest, but she was hesitant to look at Tara and see what she thought of her.

“Oh Buffy. Come here and give me a hug.” Tara always knew what to say and was not judgmental in any way.

Buffy went to Tara and was comforted by her friend. She felt better telling Tara, and she knew she could trust her to keep her promise not to tell.

“Buffy, I just have to ask - did Will try to stop you?”

“Well, I think he stopped for a minute and mentioned Dawn, but I told him I wouldn’t tell Dawn. Oh, how bad of a mom is that? Seducing her daughter’s boyfriend. I am the worst of the worst.”

“I have to be honest with you, Buffy. Ever since I have seen you and Will together, I have felt that you two had a special connection, and I don’t mean Dawn. There’s something there and maybe Will feels it, too. What did he say after?”

“Well, I kinda told him we shouldn’t be alone together anymore and walked out. Then this morning Dawn came over and told me she wants to break up with Will ‘cause she felt they were growing apart and that she wanted to date this other boy she met that was closer to her age. I am so confused,” Buffy said while massaging her temples.

“Well, if she truly did break up with Will, will you go out with him if he asks? Do you feel any connection to him?” Tara wanted to prepare Buffy for that scenario since she knew in her heart that Will and Buffy belonged together.

“Yes, I do feel some kind of connection with him, but I don’t know if I’d date him. Not right now, that’s for sure. It’s too soon after the break up. What should I do, Tara? You are always so level headed in your thinking. Help me,” pleaded Buffy.

“You have to follow your heart, Buffy. Do what you feel is best for you. And you have to remember that you may be a mother, but you have needs, too,” Tara said as she gave Buffy a tight hug. “The heart always knows what’s best.”
chapter 13 by gotkona
Author's Notes:
Ok I know I am rushing things but I didn't want this fic to go on forever. Thanks to all those that have reviewed and to Allison my beta.
Chapter 13

Buffy drove home after closing The Gallery, feeling much better than before. It sure helped telling Tara what she had done. Tara always had such a way to make one not feel so guilty with one’s self. She really was a true friend.

Buffy went into the house and opened the fridge. She didn’t feel terribly hungry, but she knew she should put something in her stomach. There was some left over Chinese food from yesterday’s lunch, along with some strawberries she had hoped to dip in chocolate and use as a dessert. Neither of those sounded good to her, so she opted for a bagel and some cream cheese, comfort food to her. After toasting her bagel, she went to sit in front of the TV and see what was on.

After flipping through the channels - was there any thing on besides reality shows? - she decided to go up and take a bath. She had a nice leisurely soak and felt warm and relaxed.

As she was walking around the house, locking up, the doorbell rang. Who could it be at this hour? Well, it was only eight thirty, so it wasn’t all that late. She went to look out the peephole - a woman couldn’t be too safe - and was shocked to see Will standing there. Oh no, what was she going to do?

Ding Dong. Ding Dong.

“I know you’re in there, Buffy - I saw the lights on. Let me in, we need to talk,” Will hollered.

“Will, I’m really tired and I’m not dressed. Can we talk another time?” she called through the door.

“No, we need to talk now. Let me in. I’m not leaving ‘til you do.”

Buffy opened the door to a flustered-looking Will. He came in and closed the door behind him.

“Well, aren’t you going to invite me into the living room?”

“Ah, no. It’s late and I want to go to bed,” Buffy said before she realized what came out of her mouth.

“Well, that’s kinda what I wanted to talk to you about. Dawn broke up with me today. It’s not like I’m surprised. I wasn’t paying much attention to her lately. See, my mind has been kinda occupied with someone else.” Will looked into Buffy’s eyes, hoping to see something reflected in them, but she avoided looking at him.

“Oh, so you are accepting of this breakup ‘cause you have someone else waiting? You were going behind Dawn’s back all this time,” Buffy said protectively.

“No. I never cheated, well unless you call last night cheating. It’s you, Buffy. You’re all I think of. You’re in my heart and in my gut. I’m drowning in you, Buffy, not Dawn or anyone else. I want you.” And with that said, he started to walk towards her.

To say Buffy was shocked would be an understatement. She felt as if she couldn’t breath, and when Will started moving towards her, she felt trapped. She backed away from him, up against the hallway wall.

“Will, I don’t know what to say. First, I should apologize for my behavior last night. I acted inappropriately.” Buffy was now flat against the wall, and Will was in her personal space.

“Don’t really care about last night. Well, I do. That was the best blowjob I’ve ever had in my whole soddin’ life. Kinda like to see a repeat of that and maybe a bit more.” Will insinuated that he was interested in much more by the feeling of the erection that was poking Buffy in the stomach.

“Will, we can’t. You dated my daughter, and you just broke up with her. It’s just not right.” Buffy was throwing out as many arguments that could come into her head, but she wasn’t convincing Will or herself.

Will leaned even closer to Buffy and whispered in her ear, “Just look me in the eye and tell me you don’t feel something and I will leave. I will keep our relationship to business and business only. But I think you feel something. You just have to admit it to yourself.” He felt her shudder as he pulled back to look in her eyes.

Buffy knew she couldn’t look at him and tell him she felt nothing. She knew she had had feelings for Will for quite some time now - she just thought nothing would ever come of them. If she looked at him, he would see that, and then what would happen?

Will saw that Buffy was confused and would not look at him, and that just fueled him on. If she really didn’t have feelings for him, she would have just told him to sod off. He knew he had to be the one to make the move here, so he tilted her chin up so he could look into her lovely hazel eyes. What he saw confirmed what he was thinking. She felt something.

Before Buffy could say anything, Will leaned in and let his lips brush over hers. He felt her relax a bit and got a bit more aggressive. Buffy answered Will’s kiss with equal vigor. Their tongues battled against each other and relayed what they were truly feeling.

When she opened her mouth to Will, she was opening her heart to him as well. Her hands crept up to play with some curls at the nape of his neck while she felt him loosen the tie on her robe. His hands felt cool as they ghosted along her back, but maybe that was because she felt like she was burning up. She was being consumed by something that she had no control over and she liked it.

“Oh Will, don’t stop,” Buffy whispered into his ear. She could barely form a coherent sentence, she was so overcome with what she was feeling. She needed to get nearer to him, so she hooked her leg around his waist and pressed closer to him. He feels so good. It had been too long since she had felt these feelings and been with a man.

“Buffy, as much as I’d like to have you fast right here, can we go upstairs to your room?” Will was hoping upon hope that she would not freak out and continue with this road they were on.

Buffy said nothing but only smiled. Then she shook off her robe, pushed Will aside, and proceeded to walk up the stairs naked. The look on Will’s face as she looked over her shoulder to see if he was following was priceless.

Will hesitated for that minute but was soon following Buffy up the stairs at breakneck pace.
chapter 14 by gotkona
Author's Notes:
Thanks for staying with me through all this and thanks to Allison, my beta.
Chapter 14

With a look of disbelief on his face, Will followed Buffy up the stairs and towards what he assumed was her bedroom. He hadn’t seen this room when Dawn had given him the tour, and he was a bit surprised by its looks.

He always pictured Buffy having a very feminine room, and feminine wasn’t what came to mind when he looked about - sensual was more like it. The centerpiece of the room was an enormously high king-size bed covered in a luxuriously rich emerald green comforter. The bed had actual steps to get up to it. There were tons of pillows in complementary shades of burgundy and beige. There was a double-size chaise by the window, and he bet Buffy spent time there reading. On every flat service, such as her dresser and nightstands, were candles of all types, and Buffy was finishing lighting the rest that weren’t already lit.

As she straightened up, she looked at Will, went over to the bed, and crooked her finger at him to follow. She pulled back the comforter to reveal burgundy silk sheets but left all the pillows. She climbed up, leaned back against the mound of pillows, and waited. “Will, what are you waiting for? I want you. You want me. Let’s go, then.”

Will quickly pulled off his jacket, shirt, and trousers and stood before her in all his naked glory.

Buffy was practically drooling over the sight of him. It was way better than her dreams. He had perfect six-pack abs, and his thighs were all lean and muscular. But the best was his cock, which by the looks of it was quite happy to be there. It was bigger and thicker than her drunken haze allowed her to remember, and she could feel herself getting wetter just looking at it.

“Like what you see you, luv?” Will said in the sexiest voice Buffy had ever heard. He then proceeded to crawl up to her on the bed. When he reached her, he slid his body up hers in a move that had her moaning in ecstasy.

Damn, he feels good, she thought to herself.

As Will reached her lips, he bent down and kissed her, their first real kiss. Their lips softly parted to let the other’s tongue inside.

Buffy put her arms around him and rubbed his back in small circles. Her legs moved apart, and Will settled inside them with his cock touching her shaven mound. This felt so right to her, she just sighed in pleasure.

“Ah, luv, I hate to spoil the mood, but what about birth control?” Will asked quietly as to not break the mood.

“Well, I have been on the Pill for almost twenty years due to my irregular cycles, and I know I haven’t been with anyone for over a year.”

“Do you trust me enough to believe me when I say I’m clean, too? There’s only been one person in the last year.” Will tried to convey his thoughts without mentioning Dawn’s name, which he knew would be a mood killer.

“I trust you, Will. Plus I don’t think I can wait for you to go get condoms. Come inside, Will. Come inside.” And with that said, Buffy hooked her leg around his upper thigh and pulled him towards her.

Will could feel the slick heat from Buffy’s quim. He slowly positioned himself at her entrance and began a gentle in and out motion. He knew it might be a bit uncomfortable for her since she hadn’t been with anyone for so long. Even though it shouldn’t, that thought made him feel glad she hadn’t.

Buffy couldn’t take the gentle teasing much more, so she crossed both her ankles around his ass and pushed him inside. “Oh, Will, you’re better than Mr. Big. Oh no, I didn’t say that out loud, did I?” an embarrassed Buffy asked.

Will just nodded his head and smiled. He began a more vigorous motion and knew Buffy was really getting into it by her moans. He didn’t figure her for the moaning and screaming type, but you never know with the quiet ones.

“Ah, Will, harder. Faster. Yes, you feel so good. Don’t stop.” Buffy just kept chanting that over and over. She was so close to the biggest orgasm she had had in years, and she didn’t want Will to stop. “Oh, yes. Yes yesssssssss…” she screamed loud enough to rattle the windows.

Hearing Buffy scream through her orgasm put Will over the edge. “Ahhh, I’m cumming...” he cried as her internal muscles clamped down on his cock as he hit his peak. He collapsed onto Buffy, exhausted and sated for the moment. He didn’t want to crush her, so he rolled them over and cuddled her close.

“Wow. I guess it’s been a long time for me. That was the biggest orgasm I could ever remember. I don’t think I’ll be able to move for hours.” Buffy had the biggest, sappiest grin on her face as she said that.

“Luv, that was just for starters to take edge off,” Will whispered into Buffy’s ear. He felt her shudder against his body, and it made his cock start to stir already. Just as he was leaning over to start sucking on her ear, his stomach grumbled. This was followed by Buffy’s stomach growling back.

Buffy stifled a giggle and said, “I guess we worked up an appetite. Wanna go downstairs and raid my fridge?”

“I am feeling a bit peckish. No dinner for me tonight, so anything would be great,” Will replied while he continued to nibble on Buffy’s ear.

“Let me get my robe and we can go on down. Now, where did it go?” Buffy sat up in bed and looked around the dimly lit room.

“Ahh luv, you kind of left it downstairs. Remember when you dropped it and gave me that seductive look while you pranced up the stairs?” Will said with a hint of mischief in his voice.

“Oh yeah. Don’t know what got into me,” Buffy said coyly as she walked seductively to her closet to look for something to put on. She reached into the closet and pulled out a short silk robe to wrap herself in. It clung to her curves in all the right places, and she heard Will let out a groan when she turned around.

“Coming?” Buffy said as she looked over her shoulder at Will.

“Not yet but soon if I have anything to say about it,” Will muttered under his breath as he pulled on his pants and followed her downstairs.
chapter 15 by gotkona
Author's Notes:
See Below.
Chapter 15

Buffy and Will walked into the kitchen together, both with grumbly stomachs.

“I guess I was hungrier than I thought,” Buffy said as she opened the fridge and looked inside. “Well, I have some leftover Chinese, eggs, wine, strawberries, and chocolate. I always have chocolate in my fridge.”

“Hmm, the Chinese sounds fine, luv, with some wine. Maybe the strawberries can be for dessert?” Will said with a leer.

Buffy heated up the Chinese and divided it between two plates. They took turns feeding each other while they sat at the kitchen table, whispering to each other. After they finished the Chinese, Buffy got up and warmed the chocolate sauce on the stove. She put some strawberries in a bowl on the counter and was looking for her sticks so that they could dip the berries without getting all messy.

Will had been watching Buffy working at the stove, melting the chocolate, from the table. He could feel his body starting to respond to just watching her move around, so he got up to join her at the counter. “You know, those berries seem very juicy. I bet they’d make a mess when you bite into them.” He then grabbed a nice succulent berry and teased it over Buffy’s lips until she bit down on it. The juice of the berry spilled down her chin, and Will was quick to lick it off. He took the remaining part of the berry and began to trace it down her neck to the V in her robe. “Wouldn’t want to get this dirty, luv,” and he gently pushed the silky material down her arms, exposing her lovely breasts to his eyes.

“Will, what are you doing? We’re in the kitchen.” Buffy sounded as if she had never made love in the kitchen before or used food as an enhancement.

“Food can be an aphrodisiac, and what better place to try it out than the kitchen? Have you ever had chocolate sauce dripped onto your body and then licked off by your lover?” Will asked in a seductive tone.

“No, can’t say that I have.” Buffy was having a hard time concentrating on the conversation because Will was tracing over her nipple with the berry and then licking off the juice. “Maybe we can bring them up to the bedroom?”

“No, I think you need to be a little more adventurous.” With that, Will lifted Buffy onto the counter. “Let me check the temperature of the sauce. Perfect. Not too hot, not too cold. Just right for me to drizzle on you,” and then he dipped his finger in the sauce, and starting at her nipple, dribbled a line down to her bare mound. After he finished, he went back and licked it all off.

Buffy had never had this done to her before. Her past lovers had pretty much been confined to the bedroom, and she and Riley had not been too adventurous with a small child in the house. Now she felt herself getting more turned on by the minute. She didn’t even mind the cold tiles against her bottom because Will was warming her up in other places. After he had dribbled an enormous amount of chocolate on her mound, he pushed her back so she was resting on her elbows. She craned her neck to watch what he was doing and was turned on even more. Will had bent down and was licking up and down her slit, getting all the chocolate off of her. She had never seen anything quite so erotic herself, and when he made a lick upwards and showed her his chocolate-covered tongue, she grabbed him by the shoulders and smashed her lips to his. As their tongues danced, she tasted the chocolate mixed with her essence and it was very erotic.

Will almost lost it when Buffy pulled him up to kiss him. Their tongues battled back and forth, and he tried to think of things that would keep his mind off of cumming but was fighting a losing battle. He finally broke it off and took a deep breath to calm himself. “Geez Buffy, do you have any idea what you’re doin’ to me? I wanna be in you when I cum.”

“So come in,” Buffy said in a lust-filled voice as she hooked her legs around Will’s waist and pulled him closer.

Will made quick work of his zipper and pushed his pants down. Before he could step out of them, Buffy had grabbed a hold of his dick and was sliding him in her warm, chocolaty quim.

She was so wet and hot that Will said, “Ahhh, give us a minute, luv. I don’t want this over before it starts.” Will took a couple of deep breaths and then began a slow, steady rhythm of in and out motions. Buffy was laying in such a way on the counter that with each stroke of his cock, he would brush her clit and she would let out a little mewl sound that he found very arousing.

“Will, harder. I need it harder,” Buffy huffed out, and she pulled him tight against her with her legs.

Will started pounding into her faster and faster and felt himself spiraling towards orgasm. He wanted Buffy to cum with him, so he reached up to her clit and started to flick it with his thumb.

“Yes, like that. Ahhh god, I think I’m gonna explode. Yessssssssssssss! Will, you are a god among men.” Buffy managed to squeak out that last bit just as Will was cumming himself, and it only fired up his own orgasm.

As they both came down from their explosive orgasms, Buffy’s stomach did another growl and they both laughed. “I guess I need another snack,” Buffy giggled. “I worked up an appetite. I think I’m gonna get fat around you.”

“No, luv, you won’t get fat ‘cause I’ll help you burn off those pesky calories any time,” Will said with a wiggle of his brow.

A/N: I want to give a big thanks to Allison, my beta for all her help on this fic. Even with work and school she mangages to get chapters back super quick so you all can get updates. Also, thanks to all of you that have stuck through this fic even though parts may have made you say "yuck"



.
chapter 16 by gotkona
Author's Notes:
Banner by Spikeshunny.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Chapter 16

Will and Buffy spent the night making love and getting to know each other's bodies. Even though Will had had a girlfriend, he hadn't been intimate with her in several months, and there was a lot of pent-up sexual frustration that he needed to get out. Buffy was more than willing to help him with that since she herself had been having erotic dreams, and nothing had helped relived that frustration for her until the night before.

As they woke the next morning spooned against each other, going through both their minds was what would this day bring? Would Buffy freak and tell Will that it couldn't continue? Would Will tell Buffy that he couldn't date her since he just broke up with her daughter?

Buffy stretched out her arms in front of her and tried to guess if Will was awake, too. His breathing was even and he was very still, so it was hard to tell. As thoughts started running through her head, a part of Will's anatomy started to wake up and was pushing against her bottom. I’ve really missed waking up with a man in my bed, she thought to herself as she turned to face him.

"Hey," she said to a sleepy-looking Will. "Good morning."

"Morning, pet. And it's about to get a lot better," Will said passionately as he started to thrust against Buffy's stomach.

"As much as I love to continue with that, don't you think we should talk?" Buffy asked hesitantly. She asked the question they both had been thinking, "What do we have here, and what are we going to do about it?"

"I don't know. I know I felt something when I first met you. There was some kind of connection there, but I couldn't figure out what. The more time I spent with you, the more I thought about you. To be honest, I was avoiding Dawn the last several months. I guess I dated her ‘cause she made me feel young, but now I know I don’t need a young woman for that. You make me feel young, and we’re almost the same age."

"Hey, what do you mean I'm not a young woman? I may be thirty-nine, but I feel like I am twenty-five most of the time," Buffy said indignantly. "So, do we have a thing?'

"Yeah, luv, we have a thing, but what do you want to do about Dawn? She's your daughter, so whatever you decide, I am behind you." Will looked into Buffy's eyes as he said the latter.

"For now, let's not tell her. I don't want to sneak around, but I don't want to hurt her or have her think we did something behind her back." Buffy was thinking that Dawn did kind of cheat on Will with Connor, but she better not tell him that now. "We can tell her at the showing if she comes. What do you think?"

"Well, that would be two shocks in one night for her. Hell, might as well get it all out there," Will said with hesitation. "Do you think she'd even attend?"

"Well, sure if I asked her to. It's a month away - do you think we can keep us private ‘til then?"

"Well," Will said with a leer, "if we never venture from this bed, then no one will know. It's quite a sensual getaway you made for yourself. Bring a lot of gents up here?"

"Will, you are the first ‘gent’ to be in this room since my husband. Does that stroke your male ego enough?" Buffy said with a huff.

"I was just kiddin', luv. Don't get all twisted on me," Will replied apologetically. "There's nothin' I'd rather do than stay in this bed with you all day, but we both have jobs and lives to get back to, and when we leave this room, I want us to both be on the same page."

"I agree - we keep this hush-hush until the showing. Maybe not even make a big deal, then, but if Dawn shows, we have to tell her you are Spike and maybe that we are seeing each other."

Buffy's voice sounded all business-like and Will wanted to get her back in a more relaxed mood, so he started to trace the line of her spine while just staring into her eyes. "How 'bout we take a shower and get us some breakfast, luv?"

"You haven't seen my bathroom yet, have you?" Buffy said with a twinkle in her eye. She wasn't opposed to a little morning sex since she had a lot of time to make up for. She got out of her bed and pulled Will by the hand to follow. She opened her bathroom door and pushed him inside.

"Whoa, luv, you really went for the whole sensual getaway with this bed and bath." As Will looked around, he took in the double-sized Jacuzzi tub and extra large shower. The color complemented the bedroom with emerald green, burgundy, and cream.

"Let's save the bath for another time since we have to get to work, though I can be a little late," Buffy said as she turned on the shower and crooked her finger for Will to join her.

"Mmmm, the water feels so good. Would you wash my back?" she said as she looked over her shoulder.

"My pleasure," Will said. And yours soon enough, he thought to himself. He got some of the shower gel and squeezed it onto the loofah that was hanging there. He worked up a nice lather and then proceeded to rub it all over Buffy's back. He paid careful attention to her bottom and then worked his way down her thighs. "Turn around," he said lustfully. As she turned towards him, her pussy was right at his mouth and Will could not miss that opportunity. While lathering up the front of her thighs, he gave her slit a lick.

"Will, that feels so good." Buffy was lulled into a relaxed state by the warm water and Will working his magic hands and tongue on her. She pulled him up so she could kiss him, and they wrapped their arms around each other. Buffy could feel that he was getting excited, too, and threw her legs around his hips so that she could rub up and down on his erection.

The feel of Buffy’s quim against his dick was almost more than Will could handle. He lifted her up against him and backed up to the wall. "Hold on tight, this might get slippery."

Buffy tightened her legs around Will's waist and reached between them to guide him home. A mutual moan was heard as he thrust all the way in. Buffy wrapped her arms around his neck and started to move up and down.

Will, sensing that Buffy was losing some momentum with the water, grabbed her ass and started to help. He was careful not to bang her against the shower wall, though. He made sure to hit her clit with each inward motion, and in just a few thrusts, he could feel her tightening around him as she spiraled to a climax. He followed with a muffled scream into her shoulder.

The water pouring down them started to cool, so he helped Buffy get down and they did a quick rub down of each other before grabbing the warmed towels from the rack and dressing for work.

A/N: I may not be able to post tomorrow since I will be away from the computer. If I don't get to I will post Saturday.
chapter 17 by gotkona
Chapter 17

After getting dressed and a quick bite to eat, Buffy and Will left for their respective work places.

Buffy walked into The Gallery a bit after ten AM. She wasn’t really late - after all, she was the boss.

“Hey, Tara, I’m here. Had a bit of a busy morning at home. Anything happening?” Buffy just kept talking as if nothing was up.

“No, Buffy, everything is fine,” Tara said as she looked over to Buffy. She noticed that Buffy’s aura was bright and kind of glowing, which was unusual. “Anything happen last night, Buf?” she asked, hoping to find out what brought this change.

“Ah, no. Why do you ask?”

“Well, you seem to be glowing. I mean, you always look nice, but your face and just the air around you is bright and glowing. I thought maybe you had a date or something?’ Tara asked.

“Oh Tara, I have to tell someone before I burst. Promise me you won’t tell a soul, except Willow.”

“I promise, Buffy. What happened?” Tara was definitely curious now.

Buffy walked over to Tara and started to talk in hushed tones, even though there was no one in the store. “Will came over last night. Dawn broke up with him. And we... we... we... kind of slept together.” Buffy’s cheeks were a becoming shade of rose after the last sentence was uttered.

“What?! Did you say you and Will slept together? Oh my god, Buffy,” Tara exclaimed but then calmed down a bit to add, “Well, it doesn’t surprise me. You could cut the sexual tension with a knife when you two were together.”

“Really? I didn’t think we gave off sexual tension. Was it that obvious? Do you think Dawn noticed and that’s why she broke up with him? I am the worst mother in the world,” Buffy said with a dejected sigh.

“No, Buffy. You know I can see auras around people, and you and Will had this special connection when you were standing together. I never saw it with you and anyone else, so I knew something was there. Willow even sensed it, but we didn’t know what to do since we both love Dawn, too.” Tara voiced her concern

“Really? Wow, I knew you were good at sensing things, but I didn’t know you could see auras. Well, I still feel like a rotten mother, but,” her eyes gleamed, “I feel better than I have in the last nine years. Will really knows how to bring out the wild woman in me,” she said with a touch of embarrassment.

“Buffy! You vixen. Good for you. You deserve some happiness for yourself.”

“But Tara, what am I going do about Dawn? Will and I don’t want to hurt her, and we are keeping our relationship a secret for the time being. I just feel so awful,” Buffy said miserably.

“Dawn will understand. Didn’t you say she was interested in someone else already? You need to give her a bit of time, and but don’t keep it a secret from her too long or she will be angry with you. She wants you happy, too. Kids nowadays are not too freaked out by things, and I doubt she will be freaked that you are dating her ex, especially since he is closer to your age anyway,” Tara said with an age-old wisdom.

“You’re right. I think I will just let it be for a while and wait for the right time to tell her,” Buffy said as the door to the Gallery opened and Anya walked in.

“Hey, I lost you the other night at the Bronze and wanted to know if your night was as good as mine. I found a hunky guy to give me plenty of orgasms, and he was so good I may let him see me again,” Anya said with her self-confidence.

“Anya, have I got some things to tell you. Tara, Anya and I will be in the back. Can you watch the front for me?”

“Sure, Buf, take your time and I have everything under control,” Tara said but was thinking, I need to call Willow immediately and tell her what happened.

Anya and Buffy went in the back and sat down at a table.

“Okay, spill. I know you have something to say since you’re glowing.”

“Wow, you’re the second person to say I’m glowing today. Well, let’s just say I won’t be needing Mr. Big anymore ‘cause I got his bigger brother for my own,” Buffy said with a giggle.

“What? You mean you landed a real guy? Was it that hottie I saw you dirty dancing with?” Anya’s voice had gotten a bit higher with each question.

“Yeah, it was him and let me tell you, the real thing is so much better,” Buffy couldn’t stop her laughter. “If I had known how good he was, I would have jumped him sooner.” Realizing what she said, Buffy quickly said, “I am such a bad mom, Anya. Will was Dawn’s boyfriend up until a day ago when she broke up with him.”

“Okay, I’m confused. Will was Dawn’s boyfriend, but she broke up with him and you slept with him?” Anya was never one to beat around the bush.
Meanwhile, in the front of the Gallery, Tara had called Willow on her cell. “Honey, you’ll never guess what Buffy did last night.”

“What?” Willow asked, a bit curious as to why Tara was calling her at work.

“Will. She and Will got together and she’s glowing all over. It’s really amazing. Wait until you see her. And Dawn already has another guy she is dating,” Tara rambled.

“Wow. I’ll try to stop by today and see her if my schedule allows, but I have a classroom full of kids and I need to get back to them,” Willow whispered into the phone.

“Oh, honey, I’m sorry, but I had to tell you. Talk to you later.”

“No problem, but I gotta go. Talk later. Love you,” Willow said in a hushed tone.

In the back room, Buffy had filled Anya in on Dawn, Will, and their relationship. She also mentioned that she felt something for him but didn’t pursue it since he was dating her daughter. When she finished her story, she clasped her hands together and looked up to see what Anya thought of her. All she saw was a compassionate look on her friend’s face.

“Buffy, you’ve put Dawn and The Gallery ahead of your personal life for too long. You need to do something for yourself, and if this Will is what you want, I say go for it. You know I am more open minded than most people, but I don’t see anything wrong with it. He’s free, you’re free - what’s stopping you?” Anya said with the wisdom of a woman older than herself.

“I guess you’re right. I just feel so guilty since he was dating Dawn first. But Dawn is already dating someone else, so I need to just move ahead with this. I hope she will be as understanding as my friends have been about this when we tell her. I’m so glad I have such good friends around,” she said as she got up and hugged Anya.

“Hey what are friends for other than advice and giving you orgasms? But that’s not what I’m here for you for.”


A/N: I will try to post on Monday but if not, Wednesday for sure. Thanks again to all who have reviewed. It means a lot to me.
chapter 18 by gotkona
Author's Notes:
Happy 4th a little early!
Chapter 18

A week later…

Buffy was cleaning up the kitchen after making her lunch before heading back to The Gallery when the back door swung open and in walked Dawn. “Dawn, what a surprise. What are you doing here?”

“Hello to you, too, Mom. I came by to see my dear ol’ mom since you never seem to be around to catch my calls. I wanted to know if I could bring Connor over for dinner some time next week.”

“Ah sure, that would be great. How about Tuesday night?” Buffy asked a bit hesitantly. The last time Dawn brought someone home was Will, so she wasn’t sure if this was serious or not. “Are you two dating now?”

“Well, yeah. I mean, the more I get to know him, the more things we have in common. I thought I was in love with Will, but I think you were right and I was just looking for a father figure. Don’t get me wrong - he was a great guy - but I think Connor is more my style,” Dawn said with a smirk.

Just then, the phone rang, and Buffy ran to pick it up before the machine did. Will had been calling her daily and leaving little messages on the machine, and she didn’t want Dawn to find out that way. “Hello.”

“’Lo, luv. Didn’t think I’d find you home,” Will said in a husky voice.

Just hearing him brought a chill to Buffy’s body. “Yes, I’m home with my daughter Dawn. She’s visiting me now and I can’t really talk. Can I call you another time?” Buffy tried her best to pass it off as a friendly call from a business associate or such.

“Sure, pet, call my cell when you are free. I understand, but I’d really love to see you tonight if your schedule allows, so please call me back.” Will hoped he didn’t sound too desperate with that last line, but he hadn’t seen Buffy in two days and missed her.

“Sure, I will call you later. Thanks for calling.” She hung up the phone and turned to face Dawn.

“Who was that, Mom?” Dawn asked.

“Um…” Thinking fast, Buffy said the first thing that came into her mind. “That was Spike. He’s the new artist we are going to be showing in the next few weeks.” It wasn’t a lie since Spike and Will were one and the same.

“Spike, huh? Sounds kind of mysterious and dangerous. When’s his showing? Maybe I’ll have to come by and take a look at him,” Dawn said with a twinkle.

“Dawn Finn. You just told me you were serious about Connor, and now you want to make a play for my new artist?” Buffy said in a motherly tone.

“Just kidding, Mom. Though, I might take Connor to the showing since he does like art. I don’t remember getting an invitation, though.”

“You didn’t?” Buffy asked curiously. She didn’t get an invite because they hadn’t sent her one since Will was Spike. “I’ll have Tara send you another.”

“Great. I can’t wait to meet this ‘Spike’. Is he possible date material for you? You know, you really need to find someone who likes art as much as you do. Will and you did get along in terms of your interest in art - that’s the kind of person you need,” Dawn said and then added, without even taking a breath, “Can I pick up the dinner from Food on the Go this time?” as she was walking out the door.

“Sure, Dawn. That would be a great help. I can’t wait to meet Connor,” Buffy yelled to Dawn’s retreating back. That girl didn’t stay put for long, but could she have hit the nail on the head any better then suggesting she and Will getting along? Oh, what was she going to do about Dawn?

Buffy went and got the phone to dial Will’s cell. He picked up on the first ring.

“’Lo, luv. That was fast. Couldn’t wait to talk to me?” Will snickered into his cell phone.

“Dawn just left. You know my daughter - not much for staying in one place too long. So, what did you have in mind for tonight?” Buffy said in best seductive voice.

“When you say it like that, I have a lot of things in mind.”

When Will talked to Buffy like that, she turned into putty in his hands. “Okay, none of that now - I have to get to work - and if you keep going in the direction I know you’re going in, then I won’t be able to concentrate on my work.”

“That’s the idea, pet. I like it when you’re all turned on and can’t keep your hands off my hot, tight little body. You know, you’ve become quite the sex queen since we got together.” Will knew he was driving Buffy crazy with all this sexy talk, but he really wanted to see her tonight, and he knew if he got her all worked up she’d let him come over.

“Be here at seven sharp! I’ll get take out. What do you feel like eating tonight?” Buffy asked breathlessly.

“You, baby, I feel like eating you. But if you want to know what I want for dinner, Italian, Mexican, or maybe some of those spicy buffalo wings would be great. Better get something we can eat with our fingers since I don’t expect we’ll be sitting at the table long.”

Buffy could feel Will leering at her over the phone. “Stop that!” She giggled. Will really did make her feel like a teenager again. A teenager with a more extensive sexual repertoire than she ever had in high school, that is. She hadn’t felt this way in so long. It would all be great if she didn’t have to deal with telling her daughter that she was dating her ex.

“Okay, changing the subject here. Dawn wants to come to Spike’s showing. What am I going to do?” Buffy asked anxiously. “If she attends and sees you there with me, she’ll know we’re dating. Have you even decided if you are gonna let me tell people you are Spike or if you want to keep it anonymous?”

“Yeah, I think I’m gonna go with anonymous. Don’t want word to get back to the university - might influence my promotion and raise. They may think if I make money off of my artwork, I don’t need a raise in salary,” Will said quietly since he was talking from his office at UC-Sunnydale.

Buffy bit her lip while she listened to Will’s explanation. She couldn’t fault him with not wanting the university to know, but she still had to deal with the Dawn issue. “Well, let’s talk about it when you are here tonight. I know you can’t talk now since you’re at work.”

“Okay, luv, I’ll see you around seven, and remember, we have two days’ time to make up for,” he said in a seductive whisper as he hung up the phone.
chapter 19 by gotkona
Author's Notes:
Thanks to my beta Allison and for all your kind words.
Chapter 19

Buffy closed up The Gallery a bit early so that she could pick up her take-out order and be home for Will when he arrived at seven. She had a few minutes before he got there, so she ran upstairs to freshen up and change into something comfortable. After putting on a silk lounge pajama set she had picked up at Victoria’s Secret a few weeks ago, she brushed her hair and went back downstairs. She loved the way the silk of the camisole top felt against her naked breasts, and she knew Will would like it, too. Who would have thought she would be dressing to seduce a man two months ago? Just as she reached the bottom step, the doorbell rang.

Buffy opened the door with a breathy, “Hello.”

“Wow, Buffy, you look absolutely gorgeous. Did you wear that for me?” Will asked with a knowing look.

“I dress for myself, mister. I just happen to like silky PJs from Victoria’s Secret,” she said haughtily.

“Well, then you and I have the same tastes, luv. Let me feel you,” Will whispered in her ear as he ran his hands over her body. “Hope nothing is in the oven ’cause I can’t wait to have you.”

“No, I haven’t started to reheat the food yet - I just got home. Will, can’t you wait ’til after dinner? We have all night,” Buffy said, a bit out of breath. He had that effect on her whenever he was near her.

“No, I can’t. I’ve been without you for two days, and I need to touch you and be close,” Will breathed in her ear, and with that, he lifted her into his arms and carried her up to her bedroom. The more time he spent in it, the more he loved it. It was such a sensual place, and to think she was sharing it with him made him all the happier. Buffy had told him that he was the first male to step foot in her sanctuary, and it had warmed his heart to hear it.

While Will was carrying Buffy up the stairs, she had been unbuttoning his shirt and unbuckling his pants. She may have protested, but she had missed him just as much. She couldn’t wait to have him make love to her. When they got to her bedroom, he put her down, and she finished what she had started with undressing him. Before they knew it, all clothing had magically disappeared and they were pressed flesh to flesh on the bed.

“Will, need you inside me now,” Buffy groaned into his ear.

“But I want to play a bit,” Will whined back to her.

“Play later, inside now. We have all night.” Buffy grabbed Will’s cock and positioned him at her opening. She locked her legs around his back and pushed him into her slick, wet passage.

“Oh,” they both said in unison. When they were making love, they always seemed to be in harmony with each other. There were times when Buffy could sense that Will was close, and she’d squeeze her internal muscles just so, causing him to shoot off like a rocket. Other times, Will would know when Buffy needed a little more stimulation on her clit to bring her off. They each had never had a lover quite like the other.

“Not gonna last long,” Will breathed into Buffy’s neck as he reached down to rub her clit the way he knew she liked. That was all she needed, and she came with a shout of his name, which caused Will to find his own release. Will rolled off of Buffy and pulled her into his side.

“Is it possible for this to get any better?” Buffy said while trying to catch her breath. “Every time we make love, I think it can’t get any better and it does.”

“Buffy, I’ve had other relationships before and so have you, but to me, this relationship feels the most right,” Will said heartfeltly. He knew that they had only been together a little over two weeks, but he was head over heels in love with Buffy Summers-Finn. He had never felt this way about anyone before, and it really made him think about where his life was heading, something he didn’t think much about before.

“I hate to spoil the mood, Will, but what are we gonna do about Dawn? I feel like we’re sneaking behind her back and I don’t like it. She wants to come to Spike’s showing, and I know she is gonna freak when she sees us together,” Buffy said as she worried her lower lip. This Dawn thing was the one thing that was putting a downer on their relationship, and she had to do something about it. “I think we should at least tell her you’re Spike but to keep it a secret. Then maybe we can gently tell her we’re seeing one another.”

“I don’t know why you are so worried. She’s got a new boyfriend already, anyways.” Will hoped it didn’t come out as vengeful as it sounded to him, but after all, he had been dumped. It was a dumping he deserved since he wasn’t a very attentive boyfriend, but his ego was feeling a bit bruised

Buffy tried not to think of Will’s former relationship with her daughter too much, but they needed to get past this if there was a future for them. “I just want us out in the open,” she said as she burrowed closer to him. “I want everyone to see how happy you make me and to not have to sneak around.”

“Okay, luv, when you put it that way, I understand. How ‘bout you let me tell her? I don’t want to mess up your relationship with Dawn. Let me be the one to take the brunt of her questions or anger if she has any.” Will moved a strand of hair out of Buffy’s eyes so he could look into them. “I want to be able to take you all over and show everyone what a gorgeous girlfriend I have, and if it means confronting Dawn, then I’ll do it.”

Buffy looked deep into Will’s eyes and saw the seriousness that was showing and felt a weight lift off of her. She just hoped that Dawn would be happy for them since she herself was in a happy relationship. “Do me a favor and don’t call her until after Tuesday and her dinner here with Connor. That’s gonna be stressful enough without the added drama of us.”

“Deal. Now, what did you get us for dinner? I’m feeling a bit peckish after that workout.”

“Here’s the sweats you left last week. Let’s go downstairs and heat up dinner. I want to hear about your week,” Buffy said as she pulled on a robe and went downstairs with
Will.
chapter 20 by gotkona
Author's Notes:
Here it is- the confrontation. Hope it isn't too awful.
Chapter 20

Tuesday’s dinner came and went and Buffy had a wonderful time. Connor seemed perfect for her daughter, and she hadn’t seen her that happy in a long time. He was the right mix of fun-spirited and level-headedness that Dawn needed in order to keep up with her studies. Both Connor and Dawn seemed excited to come to the showing at the Gallery. Buffy surmised it was Connor’s influence that had Dawn so excited about seeing a new artist because this was the first time she had shown any interest in art whatsoever. Buffy promised to have them over again for dinner after the showing when she had more time. She hoped by then that Will could join them because their relationship was out in the open.

******************************************************************

William had called Dawn and asked to see her in his office Wednesday afternoon. He knew her dinner with Buffy went well since Buffy called him right after. He had told her there were some things he wanted to discuss with her, and she had agreed to meet him at three o’clock.

Promptly at three, Dawn knocked on the door and walked in. Professors always had open door policies, and if the door was open, it was polite to knock before entering. Will was working at his desk, correcting papers, and looked up at her knock.

“Hey, Will, what’s up?” asked a curious Dawn. She had no idea why he wanted to see her, and she hoped it was not an attempt to get back together. Their breakup had gone well and they had promised to remain friends. Plus, Will didn’t seem like the kind of guy that would beg, but you never could tell.

“Dawn, come have a seat. There’s something I want to talk to you about,” Will said with a hint of nervousness in his voice. He placed his folded hands on top of the desk and took a deep breath. This was not going to be easy.

Dawn sat down in the chair in front of Will’s desk. She was a bit nervous herself since she hoped that she wasn’t going to have to hurt Will’s feelings and tell him there was no chance of getting back together and that she was dating someone else.

“Dawn, there’s something I wanted to tell you before you found out from someone else. There’s no easy way to say this, so I’m going to do it. I’ve started dating your mom.” Will said this all without taking a breath. He looked up to see if he could gauge Dawn’s reaction and didn’t really expect what came next.

“What?! You’re dating my mom? How could you? It’s my mom! She had you over for dinner as my boyfriend, and now you want to be her boyfriend?” The anger and shock was evident in Dawn’s tone.

Will got up and closed the door to his office. No use in letting the whole university hear their conversation - that wouldn’t help his promotion inquiry. “I don’t see why you’re angry. I heard you’re dating someone else already, too.”

“How did you know that? Of course, my mom told you. I’m sure she told you she had dinner with Connor and myself last night, too. How long has this been going on? Were you cheating on me with her, my own mother?” Dawn’s hurt was obvious in her voice.

“No, we didn’t start dating until you broke up with me. We both felt something that first meeting, but we ignored it until you and I weren’t together anymore. Buffy wanted to tell you with me, but I felt I should be the one to tell you. I didn’t want you mad at your mom or to ruin the relationship the two of you have. Your mom loves you very much, and if it came between you or me, she’d choose you every time.” Will was pouring his heart out to Dawn in hopes that she would understand. He knew that Buffy didn’t want to hurt Dawn and that she was very important to her.

“I don’t know if I should be angry or happy. I mean, I’m glad my mom is dating, but she’s dating my ex. How weird is that? Is there anything else you two are keeping from me?” Dawn asked. She inwardly hoped that he wasn’t going to share some weird thing he did with her mom. Oh my goodness, I wonder if they’re having sex? That is just too creepy to think about.

“Well, there is another thing, but you have to promise not to tell anyone. It is imperative that it remains a secret. The new artist that your mom is showing next week at the Gallery...”

“You mean Spike?” Dawn asked, now very curious and a bit relieved that it didn’t involve sex and her mom. Her mom had sounded kind of excited when she was talking to him on the phone. What did that have to do with Will?

“Yeah, Spike. Well, that’s me,” Will said quietly. “I use Spike as my non de plum. This way the University won’t find out.”

“You paint?! You never told me you painted. Are there any other secrets that you kept from me? I can’t believe you. I thought I knew you.” Dawn was getting angrier and angrier with everything that Will was telling her. She just didn’t know who she was angry with - Will, her mom, or both. “I can’t talk about this now. Please tell my mom not to call me, and I’ll call her when I’m ready to discuss things.” With that said, Dawn got up and left the office, slamming the door on the way out.

Will sat down and rubbed his temples. The meeting hadn’t gone as well as it could have, but at least Dawn knew about them now. I really hope she can work through this ‘cause I know it would kill Buffy if her relationship with her daughter was affected. He felt the beginnings of a huge headache coming on and was glad he was finished with his classes for the day. Maybe he would go home early and take some Tylenol for his headache. He got his briefcase together and locked up his office.

I need to call Buffy when I get home and let her know how it went. Not lookin’ forward to that conversation, he thought to himself as he walked to his car.
chapter 21 by gotkona
Author's Notes:
Thanks again to my beta, Allison.
Chapter 21

Will called Buffy as soon as he got home. She wanted to hear all the details of his meeting with Dawn. She was happy it was all out in the open now but hoped that Dawn would calm down and see that this wasn’t such a bad thing. Will assured Buffy that Dawn was level-headed enough to get over the shock and maybe at least come to accept their relationship if she did not want to give it her blessing.

They made plans to meet the next day to start transporting some of his paintings to The Gallery so that Tara and Buffy could decide how they wanted them displayed. With the showing only two weeks away, they needed the time to find the best way to display Spike’s work.

The next day, Tara and Buffy were going over the RSVPs for the showing and what they wanted the caterers to serve when Willow stopped in at lunchtime.

‘Hey, you two, who wants a deli sandwich? I just picked up three turkey and Swiss sandwiches and they smell sooo good.” Willow walked in carrying a bag loaded with sandwiches, drinks, and chips. She hadn’t seen Buffy since she started dating Will and wanted to see for herself if she was glowing like Tara said.

“Willow, you always know what I want,” Tara said with a giggle. “What’s the occasion? You never come by for lunch.”

“Just wanted to see my honey and my favorite friend. Can’t I do something nice for you two?”

Tara knew that Willow was fibbing - she was a terrible liar – but she wouldn’t embarrass her by calling her on it. She’d play along.

“Well, I for one am starving,” Buffy said as she peeked into Willow’s bag. “I’d love a break, too. Why don’t we pull our chairs around my desk so we can still keep an eye out if anyone comes in?”

They pulled three chairs around Buffy’s desk, and Willow passed out the lunch goodies. They were all so hungry that they didn’t talk for five minutes as they dove into their sandwiches and drinks.

Buffy stopped chewing for a minute to ask, “Willow, did Tara fill you in on our showing? Or anything else, for that matter?” The latter was said with a bit of sarcasm since she knew Tara and Willow didn’t keep anything from each other.

“Ah yes, she did, and yes to the other part if you mean did she fill me in on your new honey. So tell - I miss our heart-to-hearts since we both have gotten so busy.” Willow was hoping to hear the whole story from Buffy even though she had heard it all from Tara already. She wanted to hear how Buffy explained her feelings for Will.

“He’s a talented artist and he makes me very happy, if you know what I mean.” She winked at Willow with this last statement.

“Well, I can see for myself that he makes you happy - you’re glowing. I haven’t seen you this happy in years. I’m really happy for you, Buf.” Willow was being honest when she said she was happy for her. She wanted Buffy to know that she didn’t think there was anything wrong with this relationship.

“Well, I’m glad you and Tara are happy for me. Dawn, on the other hand, is not. Will told her about us yesterday, and she stormed out of his office. I don’t know what I’ll do if she won’t talk to me again.” Buffy hung her head in sadness.

“Oh Buffy, things will work out. I can sense it, you know,” Tara said with all sincerity. She knew Dawn would come around to her mom dating Will - it would just take time.

Just then, the bell on the front door chimed and in walked Will. He had planned on picking Buffy up and having her help him pack up some of the paintings to bring over since she was aware of the correct way to do it. He didn’t want to damage what he had spent so many hours working on.

“’Lo ladies. Hope I’m not interrupting anything.”

“We were just talking about you, Will,” Buffy said with a slight blush to her cheeks.

He’s kind of hot looking, if one was into guys, that is. As for his accent, I can understood what Tara meant when she said it was hypnotic, Willow thought to herself.

“You ladies havin’ a lunch conference?”

“No, Willow just surprised us with lunch. Were we supposed to meet here? I thought I was gonna meet you at your garage,” Buffy said, perplexed.

“I decided I’d pick you up here and ask if we needed any supplies to pack the paintings. I didn’t want to damage them after all the work I put into them. Willow, are you coming to my showing?” Will asked.

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world. Why don’t you two take off, and I’ll help Tara clean up our lunch mess.”

“Great! Thanks, Willow. Tara, if you need me, I have my cell. Let’s grab some packing materials from the back, Will,” Buffy said as she walked to the back.

“You vixen! You just want to talk about them so you said you’d clean up,” Tara said accusingly but with a hint of laughter.

Will and Buffy walked out of the store with their arms laden with packing materials and rope. Will opened the door to his SUV and helped Buffy unload the supplies. “You know they’re gonna talk about us while we’re gone.”

“Let them. And let’s give some thing good to talk about.” Buffy then reached up, pulled Will’s lips onto her own, and gave him a deep, sexy kiss. She got so into it that she didn’t hear the teenage guys across the street making cat calls to them.

Inside The Gallery, Tara and Willow were glued to the window watching Buffy in a lip lock with Will.

“I have a strong feeling that there will be more than artwork packaging going on when they get to Will’s if that kiss is any indication,” Willow said to Tara as they walked back to clean up the lunchtime mess.


A/N:I have two more chapters to go so I will post on Sat and Mon to get them out before I leave for vacation. Thanks again to all that have reviewed.
chapter 22 by gotkona
Author's Notes:
The big event/confrontation will be posted on Monday. Have a good weekend and thanks again for the reviews.
Chapter 22

Will couldn’t keep his concentration on the road during the drive to his house. He wanted to touch Buffy all over. The kiss in the street got him all hot and bothered. She was driving him wild, and he was pushing the speed limit trying to get to his house.

Buffy was not helping Will concentrate, either, because she was stroking him through his pants for most of the short ride to his house. She kept stealing looks at him to see if she was overstepping boundaries with her touching. He looked frustrated, but his eyes were always on the road. She knew she was in for it when they got to his house and was looking forward to whatever punishment he dealt out to her.

“Luv, you know you’re gonna pay for this when you get to the house, don’t ya?” Will asked without ever taking his eyes off the road. He was on his street now, and it would be just minutes until he could have her all to himself.

“What? I’m not doing anything,” Buffy said coyly. Secretly, she couldn’t wait to get to Will’s house. I don’t know what it is about him, but whenever I’m near him, all I want to do is get him naked. Bad, bad Buffy.

Will pulled into his driveway and was out of the car in record time. He pulled open Buffy’s door and scooped her up into his arms. He made a mad dash for his front door and luckily had his keys on his car key ring so he opened it in jiffy. No sooner had he opened the door, he slammed it shut with his foot.

Will lived in a one-story ranch-type house. He hadn’t taken the time to decorate it, and it was pretty Spartan in the furnishing department. He walked briskly down the hall to his bedroom without saying a word to Buffy. He pushed open his bedroom door, thankful he had straightened up the room before he left the house. He dropped her on the four-poster bed and said, “Now you’re gonna pay for all that teasing, pet.”

“Will, I don’t like that look in your eyes. Come on, I was just playing with you. Don’t tell me you didn’t enjoy it?” Buffy was trying to ease the tension in the room by putting it off as a joke.

“You up for something different today, Buf? I promise you’ll like it, and if you don’t, I’ll stop,” Will said as he pulled his necktie off and wrapped it around his hands. “How ‘bout you let me have the control today as your punishment? If you don’t like it, just tell me to stop and I will.”

Buffy bit her lower lip while she thought about what Will said. She always wanted to be tied up but didn’t trust anyone to do it. She did trust Will, though, so nodded and said, “What do you want me to do?”

“Nothing. I’ll take care of everything.” Will looked her over, deciding how he wanted to do this. He figured he’d better take her shirt off if he wanted to tie her arms or he wouldn’t be able to get it over her head. He lifted up the hem and pulled the shirt off and then reached around and unhooked her bra. When he glanced up, he could see her passion-filled eyes eagerly waiting for what would come next.

He then wrapped his tie around her wrists securely and then tied it to the center of the bed frame. It was tight but not tight enough that she couldn’t slip through if she tried. He thought about tying her legs to the footboard but decided this time he’d go easy on her.

Buffy lay there, panting silently as Will paced around the bed. She couldn’t believe how turned on she was with Will having all the control. It wasn’t like she was a control freak. When they were making love, it was more a mutual lovemaking between the both of them. Buffy was getting impatient for his next move but wanted to see how he was going to handle this.

Will unbuttoned his oxford shirt and draped it over a chair. He sat down and removed his shoes and socks very slowly, never taking his eyes off Buffy. He wanted to make her beg for him to make love to her. He stood up and slowly pulled his belt out of his pants. He slapped it on his hands a few times just to see what Buffy would do.

When Will pulled his belt off, Buffy felt a bit of apprehension that he might use it on her. She knew some people were into spanking, but she didn’t think she was one of them and hoped Will wasn’t either. She let out a sigh when he placed the belt on the chair. That sigh was quickly replaced with a groan as she watched him unzip his pants ever so slowly. She knew what was coming and felt her thong being soaked by her excitement.

But Will only teased her by pulling his zipper down - the pants stayed on. He walked over to the bed and looked at the skirt Buffy was wearing. It was one of those new peasant-type ones that had elastic at the waist. He grabbed it at the waistband and tugged it off of her, leaving her only in her thong, which he was surprised to see.

“Been shopping at Victoria’s Secret, Buffy? I’ve never seen you in a thong before. Did you wear that for me?” Will asked huskily.

“Yes,” Buffy whispered. She was so excited that she could barely get the answer out.

“I like it. Thanks ever so. But now I need to remove it.” Will then pulled her thong down over her thighs and off her legs. He stepped back and admired the sight. Buffy was completely naked with her hands tied above her head. Her legs were open wantonly, begging for him to take her, but he wasn’t ready yet. He needed to hear her beg for it.

Will stood at the end of the bed, eyes ablaze with passion. He slowly pushed his pants down over his legs and kicked them away. His cock stuck straight out, pointing to Buffy with its large purple head.
Buffy licked her lips in anticipation. She couldn’t wait for him to enter her and was sure she would cum instantly since she was so turned on. But Will did nothing but stare at her. Well, that was until he started to stroke himself. Here she was, all laid out for him, and he was stroking himself. He could have her any way he wanted, and all he was doing was looking at her.

Will could see that Buffy was ready to break, so he pulled out one more of his tricks. He climbed over the footboard and proceeded to crawl up to Buffy in a move that resembled a panther, a move that apparently was a big turn on to most women. He sat back on his heels between her legs and again began to stroke himself right over Buffy’s quim.

“Please, Will, I need you. I need you to make love to me now. Please, Will, I need to cum so badly,” Buffy said with a passion-filled voice.

Will knew he had hit her breaking point and decided to give in to her. Plus, he was quite turned on seeing her spread on his bed. He grabbed hold of his cock and plunged right into her wet pussy.

Buffy came as soon as he entered her. Will continued to plunge in and out of her at breakneck pace. He was hoping to make Buffy cum again but didn’t know if he could hold out much longer. Just as he felt that he couldn’t hold on anymore, Buffy’s internal muscles clamped down on his dick as she came with a loud scream. That triggered his orgasm and he collapsed on top of her.

“Wow!” Buffy said as she wiped her sweat-soaked hair off her forehead and looked Will in the eye as he rolled to her side.

“Yeah, luv, I’d have to agree with your wow there.” Will had never had such an intense experience before in his life. “How about we take a little rest before we jump in the shower and pack up that artwork?”

“I’m right there with you,” Buffy said as she felt herself falling asleep.
chapter 23 by gotkona
Author's Notes:
Thanks to Allison my beta.
Chapter 23

The day of Spike’s showing came, and Buffy had yet to hear from Dawn. Normally, she would have been sick with worry, but she was so busy getting The Gallery ready for the showing that she didn’t have time to think. Tara and she had been there since seven AM and were closing the Gallery at noon so they could finish up and get some rest before the opening.

“Tara, have you confirmed the caterers and the press for tonight?” Buffy asked as she finished cleaning off her desk.

“Yes, everything is confirmed and I think we are done for now. What time are you and Will arriving?” Tara asked as she also cleaned her desk off.

“Will’s picking me up at six and then we are coming straight here. We were going to have dinner first but figured we’d be too nervous. I was going to fix a small snack for us to have on the way since I know there will be champagne flowing freely. What time were you planning on coming?” Buffy asked as she put on her coat and got her purse to leave.

“Willow and I will be here by six. I will let the caterers in and do a last-minute check.”

“Great. Go get some rest and I’ll see you after six tonight.”

Promptly at six o’clock, Will rang Buffy’s bell. He was so nervous, he didn’t know if he was going to be able to drive them to The Gallery. He had decided to stay in his ‘Spike’ persona and dressed all in black: black leather pants, black button-down silk shirt, black boots, and a long black leather duster. He hoped Buffy approved.

Buffy opened the door and her mouth fell open. “Oh my goodness, Will, you look so hot. Not that you don’t always look hot, but hot in a bad boy kind of way. Totally ‘Spike’.”

“Don’t look so bad yourself, Buffy. Quite sexy, and I am gonna have to make sure none of those artsy blokes start coming on to you,” Will said to Buffy as he looked her over.

Buffy had decided to go for sophisticated elegance and was wearing a knee-length black sleeveless dress with a deep v-neck that showed ample cleavage. She had black stiletto sandals on her feet, and her hair was swept off her neck in a chignon.

“I don’t know if I can drive, luv. I’m so nervous,” Will confessed.

“No problem. I had planned on driving anyways since I had a few more things to bring over. I also packed the car with some finger snacks for us to munch on while we drive over there. Don’t want our new artist getting drunk from an empty stomach at his first showing, do we?” Buffy said professionally.

They both got in her car and drove over to The Gallery and parked in back, next to Tara’s car.

“Are you really nervous, Will?”

“Yes and no. Yes ‘cause I am putting myself out there for everyone to see and talk about, and then no ‘cause this is my work and if no one likes it, well that’s fine, too, since I paint what I like,” Will said that rather quickly, which told Buffy he was more than a bit nervous. “How about you?”

“Well, I’m nervous for different reasons. I want it to run smoothly and your work to be loved like I love it. But also I don’t know if Dawn and Connor are gonna show, and that makes me extremely nervous.”

Will got out of the car and helped Buffy carry some things inside. Everything looked perfect to him, and he now knew that he was ready to face the crowds when they opened the doors.

At seven o’clock, Tara opened the doors and a crowd of guests came inside. There were critics from the two newspapers, prospective art buyers, and guests that Will and Buffy had invited such as Anya and a few of Will’s colleagues. Everyone seemed to love Spike’s work and many praises were heard from the crowd. Anya was a bit upset there were no nudes, but Will told her he’d work on that next time.

Buffy was kept busy by showing people around and made a few sales of Spike’s work. Will was questioned by the newspapers’ art critics, but he never told them his real name. Though busy doing different things, they always seemed to know where the other was and would share smiles and looks. They were both so busy that they didn’t see the young couple enter the store.

Dawn was nervous about showing up without calling and talking to her mom, but she felt this would be easier. With all the people around, there would not be a scene. Dawn had talked to Connor and some of her sorority sisters about the situation and had come to realize that she was okay with Will and her mom dating. And looking at them now, she validated that opinion. She pointed them out to Connor, and even he agreed that they looked perfect together. Why didn’t I think of getting them together before? Maybe because I was infatuated with going out with an older man. They have so much in common, and I have never seen mom look so happy before.

As the evening drew to a close and most of the guests had left, Buffy noticed Dawn and Connor admiring some of Will’s work. She took a deep breath and walked over to them. Might as well see what they thought, and she knew Dawn wouldn’t be there if she was still mad.

“Dawn, Connor, I’m so glad you both could come. What do you think of the showing?” asked a nervous Buffy.
“It’s great, Mrs. Finn. I was just telling Dawn that Spike is very talented. Didn’t know Professor Atherton had it in him,” Connor smirked.

“It’s great, Mom. How are you? You look fantastic, by the way.” Dawn was just as nervous as her mom but wanted to move on to their more normal relationship, so she decided to just blurt out her feelings. “I really am happy for you and Will. You both look very happy.” There, she said it and it wasn’t so bad.

“Oh, Dawn!” Buffy said as she threw her arms around her daughter and hugged her hard. She was so happy that Dawn was okay with this relationship. She really cared a lot about Will, and she even thought she may be in love with him, and she wanted her daughter to be happy for them. “He makes me very happy, but hearing you say that makes me happier.”

Just then, Will wandered over. He had been observing the mother-daughter reunion from across the room. He said, “Hello, Dawn. You must be Connor,” and stuck out his hand for the other man to shake. After formal introductions were made, Will asked what they thought of the showing.

“I loved it,” said Connor. “Your work is wonderful, and if I wasn’t a starving student, I would be tempted to buy one.”

“I agree with Connor. You do good work, Will,” Dawn said quietly.

The two couples stood around for a few minutes, chatting about general safe topics, and then Dawn and Connor bid them goodnight but not before Dawn promised to have lunch with her mom early the following week to catch up.

“Well, I’m glad that is over. I don’t mean the showing ‘cause that was fantastic, but this initial confrontation with Dawn. I gather she is all right with us?” Will asked while rubbing his temples and trying to ease the tiredness around his eyes.

“Yes, she said that she was happy for us and hadn’t seen me this happy in a long time,” Buffy replied while kicking off her shoes and rubbing her insoles. “I think we can call this night a success overall. How ‘bout we leave things for the caterers to clean up and head on to my house? Stay over since you seem too tired to drive.”

“Good idea, luv. I am knackered.”

“Bye, Tara. Bye, Willow,” Buffy and Will said as they walked out the door to the car.

“See, I told you they had some kind of connection. Just took them awhile to find it,” Tara said knowingly to Willow.

“Well, mothers have needs, too, and why shouldn’t Buffy be happy?” Willow asked as she and Tara said good night to the caterers and walked out to their car.

Epilogue

Two and a half years later…

Buffy sat in the UC-Sunnydale auditorium, watching Dawn receive her bachelor’s degree in Anthropology with honors. She was a very proud mother at that moment, but then she was always proud of Dawn.

She looked up at the stage and caught the eye of Professor Atherton, assistant chair to the department of English literature, and he winked back. Will was seated with the faculty on stage. She looked down at the ring on her left hand and then blew him a kiss.

A lot had happened in the last two and a half years. Will had become assistant chair of his department and after six months of dating had asked her to marry him. She had accepted, and they were married in the backyard of her house with Dawn as her maid of honor. It was a small ceremony with only their closest friends, but it was still beautiful.

The Gallery was attracting more new artists, and she and Tara had a new artist showing almost every six months. Will continued to paint under the name of Spike and was selling well in the store. Tara had taken on more responsibilities of running the place, and that let Buffy have more free time to travel when Will was not teaching.

Dawn and Connor were still together and had decided to try living together after Dawn graduated. Connor was in his last year of a master’s program at UCLA, and Dawn had been accepted into the master’s program for anthropology. Connor had hinted to Buffy that he was going to ask Dawn to marry him after graduation, and Buffy had given her approval.

After the ceremony, the two couples met up and Buffy threw her arms around Dawn. “I am so proud of you,” she said.

“Oh, Mom, I wouldn’t be here without your support. I may have been selfish when I first started UC-Sunnydale, but I think I really matured and I had you as a model. You always put your family first before your own needs. I really appreciate it,” Dawn said with sincerity.

“Oh, honey, family always does come first, but you must remember when you have your family that mothers have needs, too.”

A/N: Just a quick thanks to cordykitten, Crystal Pegasus, secretguest, Brat, Delicia, fallen_angel, Isabel, melly, beasleysmom,j, jt, toni, chrissnicole, DaniD, Emma, spacelord, opal, spufette, daffodil, and any others that may have reviewed. Also a big thanks to Spikeshunny for the banner she made me.