Long Time Coming by Sabrina
Summary: Spike must help his best friend, Buffy, escape her wedding with Riley when she has second thoughts. Will they be able to salvage their friendship when Buffy comes to depend on Spike's help, and Spike begins depending on her company?
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 23 Completed: Yes Word count: 30828 Read: 32295 Published: 04/02/2004 Updated: 04/16/2004

1. No Wedding in Sunnydale by Sabrina

2. Runaway by Sabrina

3. The Longest Day by Sabrina

4. I Think I Will by Sabrina

5. Nobody by Sabrina

6. Habit by Sabrina

7. Sooner Or Later by Sabrina

8. Close by Sabrina

9. Toxic by Sabrina

10. Secrets by Sabrina

11. The Truth Hurts by Sabrina

12. All Falls Down by Sabrina

13. Wrong Number by Sabrina

14. Moving On? by Sabrina

15. Missing Him by Sabrina

16. Without Me by Sabrina

17. Grief by Sabrina

18. Stay by Sabrina

19. I Promise by Sabrina

20. Let Go by Sabrina

21. Goodnight Sweet Girl by Sabrina

22. A Long Time Coming by Sabrina

23. Not Much After by Sabrina

No Wedding in Sunnydale by Sabrina
Prologue: No Wedding In Sunnydale

Buffy Summers looked upon her reflection in the full-length mirror, fighting back tears. She was enveloped in the need to escape, and confusion coursed through her. She looked around the tiny room at the cedar door, and then the stain-glass window.

She was trapped. There were people waiting for her on the other side of the door, and she would never be able to reach the window without something to climb on. There was a sudden knock, and she panicked, grabbing the unstable stool that she sat on just an hour before, while her mother applied her makeup.

When William Locke, better known as Spike, got no response from the other side of the door, he pushed it without hesitation. “Summers, everyone is waiting for you…” He trailed off when he saw the petite girl, his best friend, standing on a stool wearing her strapless white gown, and struggling with the window. “Trying to escape, now, are we?” His British accent was thick, and he drawled on the question with a lopsided grin.

Startled, Buffy, lost her footing on the stool, and would have fallen, but Spike reached her before she could hit the floor. “Oh good, you’re here. I can’t marry him, I left the stove on at the house.” Her hazel eyes were wide with panic, and he took her arm before she could attempt climbing on the stool again.

“Calm down, Buffy.” He soothed her, running his warm hands down her bare shoulder.

Her arm tingled. ‘This is all his fault, if he hadn’t come back from England, looking so sexy, and saying all that stuff about love, I would be getting married today. He’s my best friend; he’s not supposed to be sexy.’

“Are you going to get me out of here or am I going to have to knock you out, and do it myself?” She was angry with him, but more with herself. If only he knew the affect he had on her.

After receiving her invitation to the wedding, he caught a fit, and broke it off with the girl he’d been seeing for the last six months. It freaked him out, because he was actually jealous. He sighed, knowing all too well she’d lay him out if she had to, and instructed her carefully. “I’ve helped many escape certain situations, but a wedding is not one of them. Here’s what we’re going to do. You’re going to take off those pretty little shoes, and I’m going to give you a boost. Try not to ruin that dress or veil, you may want it for the next wedding.”

She swatted his arm softly, and did as he commanded, taking off her shoes, and veil. Her golden hair tumbled out of its neat bun and hung in a long ponytail. After opening the small window, Spike proceeded to give her a boost, clasping his hands together, and letting her climb upon them.

She gripped his muscular shoulder tightly, as he lifted her, and then grabbed onto the windowsill, pulling herself up. Once she landed, safely and unharmed, but for a few scratches and a torn dress, she looked up at. He stuck his head out the window, a crooked smile on his face.

He threw down her shoes. “Okay, now, Pet. You made it past phase one, now, I’ll inform Red to pick you up at that 7-11 in my car.” He nodded at her, his smile never faltering. His reassurance was strengthening.

“Thanks, Spike. I owe you big time.” She smiled, grateful for his help. She knew she could depend on him. He’d been her best friend for the last four years, and had helped her through plenty.

“I’ll hold you to it. Now run along, before-“ A loud knock at the door, had him jumping down from the stool, and putting it back in its place. He picked up Buffy’s discarded veil, and yelled for the person to come in.

“Spike, where is Buffy?” A worried Joyce Summers looked around the room, a frown plastered to her face.

“I’m not sure, I came in here, and she was gone.” Joyce looked at him, as though she could read him, but just nodded.

“I had a feeling this would happen.” She turned to inform the guests of the runaway bride, as Spike rushed toward Willow Rosenberg.

The small redhead began looking frantic. ‘No Buffy means, no wedding.’ She looked at the groom, his faced sullen and his nostrils flaring. “I’m sure she’ll come back, she just has cold feet.” Her reassurance was unheard. A hand suddenly grabbed her, and pulled her away from the frenzy.

Riley Finn watched from his place at the altar, as Spike whispered something in Willow’s ear, a shocked expression taking over her features. She took the keys he offered from Spike’s hands, and rushed out of the church.

“YOU!” Riley shouted, pointing at Spike, angrily. “WHAT DID YOU SAY TO HER?” He rushed toward the bleach blonde, grabbing the collar of the tie-less black button down, and lifting Spike inches off the ground.

“Don’t know what you’re talking about, mate.” Spike spoke calmly, giving the guests surrounding them a small smile. Riley was bigger, but Spike had the fury behind the fire to win if it came down to it.

“Now, Riley, don’t do anything you’re going to regret later.” Xander Harris spoke up from the crowd.

“I want to see Spike get pummeled. It will make this whole thing worth all the time we spent preparing.” Xander’s girlfriend, Anya, spoke from his side, excitement in her voice.

“You’re not helping, Sweetie.” Xander stated.

“Don’t get all mad at me, cause your sodding girlfriend isn’t interested, Captain Cardboard. Now, if you don’t mind, I’m going back to my hotel room, so I can go back to New York where I belong.” He turned away from Riley, giving Xander and Anya a quick wink, a hint that they should join him later.

“We’ll see you before you leave, Spike. We’re just going to attempt to find the runaway bride.” Xander earned a dirty look from Riley, and shrugged his shoulders. He began crawling on his knees, looking under the chapel’s benches and yelling Buffy’s name. He knew, as well as the other guests that Buffy was gone.

There would be no wedding in Sunnydale, at least not that day.

*A/N: Thanx to my Beta Ash M. You're a great help. Also, I know this is supposed to be NC-17, but that's in a few chapters.
Runaway by Sabrina
Chapter One: Runaway

*A/N: A little boring this chapter is. I'm trying to drag out the story, so it's not too short. Enjoy, and send feedback. Again, Thanx Ash. (she can be ur beta if you email her at belleailles@yahoo.com, trust me, she's good.)*

As Spike stepped out of the chapel, it was as though the sky opened up, an attempt to blame him for what had just happened. He was soaked as he made he way back to the hotel, on foot. All he had said to her the night before, every word, stuck out in his mind. They echoed through him with misery.

‘How can you marry that pillock? He’s so boring. If you’re going to go through with it, Pet, I suggest you make sure it’s him you want, because you only get one special wedding.’ He emphasized on the word special, and left her alone at her mother’s house as he went back to his hotel room to drink his sorrow.

Losing her to Riley had become a reality, and he was quick to knock her down when she was up, in order to make her feel as he did. For four years they had been best friends, meeting in their sophomore year of high school after Spike defended her from a bully. It wasn’t long before he knew she could fend for herself. They were a group, the including Willow, Danny Osborne, Cordelia Chase, and Xander.

After graduation, Danny, better known as Oz, followed his band to LA, and Cordelia attempted an unsuccessful acting career, also in LA. Spike though he had met the love of his life, a Goth named Drusilla Ward. He devoted his life to her for a whole year, only to have his heart broken. Soon he was on a plane to New York, and leaving Buffy, Sunnydale, and what was left of the Scoobies behind.

Each letter Buffy wrote him detailed her blooming relationship with Riley, and each time Spike came by on holidays and encountered the soldier, he loathed him so much more.

Climbing up the stairs toward his room, he put a hand through his soaked bleach blonde hair, before he pushed open the door of the hotel room.

Buffy was sitting on the edge of the bed, deep in thought. Her attention snapped to him when he spoke.

“Where’d Red go off to?” His question of Willow’s whereabouts caught her off guard for a second.

“Oh…um…she decided to get changed, and stop by my house to talk to my mother for me, get me a few things to wear.” Buffy explained, clasping her hands together and looking up at him with wide hazel eyes. Her mascara was smeared, her glossy lips dry, and her stunning wedding gown was tattered and a little dirty from her climb through the window.

“Planning on avoiding home for a while, Pet?” He sat beside her, disregarding his wet clothes, and putting a hand on her back. He rubbed small circles to warm her skin and goose bumps formed on her smooth tan skin.

“I was kinda hoping you’d take me in?” She shrugged off his hand and stood beside the nightstand. The room was littered with clothes, and empty liquor bottles.

“I’d love to, Buffy, but I don’t live in good ol’ Sunnydale anymore. I grew out of this town last year.” He considered New York home.

She bit her bottom lip gently, and hoped he’d guess what she was suggesting. When he didn’t say anything, she began while picking up the clothes and folding them. “Since the school is off for the summer, and I’m just a counselor, I get off too. So, I can do anything I want. Even…go to New York and stay with you for the vacation.” She said the words and his brow raised, smile lifting his lips. “Is that a yes, Spikey?”

“Of course, Luv!” Excitement raced through him, as he stood and hugged her tightly. Realization hit him, and he stopped. “You're running away from your problems.” He sat back down on the bed, as Buffy ignored his comment.

“That’s such a harsh way to put. Think about it like this, you’ll have a warm meal when you get in, and a clean apartment.” She raised her brow and smiled sweetly.

“Not until you talk to Riley and your mother.”

Her bottom lip jutted out, a signature move he found irresistible. “Can’t I just pretend I already did it?”

He stood, touching her lip with the tip of his finger, “As much as I love that little look of yours, I insist. Get it over with now, and it’ll be a distant memory.”

Her personal space was becoming an issue, so she took a step back, and put her hand on the ancient beige phone. “Give me a few.” She said, and he took a towel from the floor and headed to the bathroom.

Before the first ring finished, her mother picked up. “Buffy?”

“Mom, it’s me.”

“Where have you been? You could have at least called me, or spoken to Riley before leaving him at the-“

“Mom, trust me, it wasn’t exactly planned. It’s not like I decided, ‘Hey it would be so funny if I left Riley at the alter tomorrow.’ If that’s what you think I did, I can assure you that I’m not that much of a terrible person.”

“Buffy, I never said you were terrible, and I’m happy you know what’s good for you, but you left that poor boy broken.”

“I love him, Mom, but I don’t think I’m in love with him. I didn’t want to hurt him.” Her mother was silent. “Listen, Willow’s going over to pick up some clothes for me, a lot of clothes for me. I’m going to stay with Spike for the summer. I need to clear my head.”

“If you’re smart, Buffy, you’ll talk to him before you leave, not on the phone, but in person.”

“You’re right.” Buffy agreed without hesitating, but inside she was torn apart. She wanted to apologize to Riley in person, but didn’t want to feel bad, and get sucked in to the relationship again. “I’ll come see you tomorrow morning before I leave. I need to be with my friends tonight.”

“I understand, honey, but please just talk to him…Riley is understanding and he loves you. Even if you don’t want to be with him, don’t just runaway. You at least owe him that.”

Buffy was blessed to have a mother, so caring for those who were not so close, but Joyce had become close with Riley. He was like the son she never had.

Buffy hung up the receiver and picked it up, again, dialing Riley’s cell phone number. “Yeah, Riley, it’s me. We need to talk…in person. I’ll meet you at the Espresso Pump in two hours.”
The Longest Day by Sabrina
Chapter Two: The Longest Day

It wasn’t long before Spike was out of the shower, and Buffy stepped in to ready herself for her meeting with Riley.

“The phone was fine, Pet, you don’t have to go see the bloody pillock.” He was nervous, not wanting Buffy to change her mind about her summer with him.

“You don’t understand,” She called from within the bathroom. “This isn’t a phone conversation, this is a ‘I ran out on our wedding’ conversation, which involves me talking about it in person.”

Before he could reason, there was a knock on the door. Spike opened it without hesitation, to see Willow, Anya, and Xander standing before him, smiles on their faces. “She’s in the bathroom, waiting for her clothes.”

Willow made her way past him with a duffel bag slung over her shoulder, and went to talk to Buffy. Xander and Anya just stood in the doorway, waiting to be invited in.

“Come on, Whelp, Anya, get comfortable.”

They walked past him, and Anya examined the room. “This place is rather unpleasant.” She was never one to hold back her honest opinion.

“Thanks, I didn’t really decorate it myself, but I attributed to the mess.” Sarcasm was thick in his voice, and Xander withheld a laugh.

“So, everyone seems to be thinking that Buffy’s little escape, was your fault.” Xander informed him.

“Figured so, seeing how I did help her get through the window. The lady needed a bit of rescuing, and I was there to do.” Spike beamed proudly.

“Yes, but I still wish Riley would have pummeled you. He has very big muscles.” Anya stated.

“You look at his muscles?” Shock entered Xander’s features, and he stared at his girlfriend in disbelief.

“Of course I do. As much as I enjoy the orgasms, you’re a bit scrawny. Although you arms are nice, just not as nice.” Her explanation was a lost cause, and the two began arguing in hushed voices as Buffy exited the bathroom with Willow.

“A-are you sure you wanna go see him, I mean, he wasn’t very happy looking when you left.” Willow’s attempt to reason was unheard, as Buffy reached into Spike’s bag, and took out a gray hoody.

“Don’t mind, do you?” She looked at Spike with a small smile, a smile that told him he was hurting more than she let on. The clothes Willow didn’t bring her much to work with.

“Of course not, Pet.” He looked her over carefully, but not critically. She wore jean overall cutoffs, a navy blue tee, and Adidas sneakers on her feet. Her long hair was pulled back in a tight braid.

She could feel his eyes on her, and hesitated as she slipped his sweater on. It was a bit baggy on her, but she enjoyed the warmth of his scent. It smelled of cigarettes and musky cologne. ‘Mm…Spike smell.’

“So Buff,” Xander’s attention came off Anya to look at the petite blonde, “what was the jog for?”

“It was a bit rude, leaving Riley there all alone.” Anya pitched in.

Buffy’s mouth opened and closed, as though she was a fish in troubled water. Willow saw her squirm. “Now, let’s not play pick on Buffy. She’s been through something very traumatic today, and it’s hard to be able to do what she did. So what, she couldn’t marry Riley, but at least she escaped with her pride.”

“Oh yes, lots of pride, running and hiding. When I have my wedding the will be none of that.” Anya stated, clasping her hands together with a dreamy look on her face.

“Wedding?” Xander gulped.

“Enough, people, Buffy has somewhere to be.” Spike took Buffy’s shoulders from behind, and guided her to the door. “Ready to knock him dead, Pet?” He questioned, opening the door.

“As ready as I’ll ever be.”

“Bronze when you get back?” Xander asked, but Buffy walked out courageously before she was able to respond.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Buffy was hesitant to enter the small café, when she saw Riley sitting at a small table in the corner, his hand in his light brown hair, a frown saddening his features. He was no longer in his tux, and adorned a pair of sweatpants, and a t-shirt.

She mustered up what little courage she had, and entered. Everyone’s eyes fell on her. Small town meant that they all knew. Riley’s gaze snapped out of his dream world, and focused on her when she sat across from him.

She gave him a weak smile, and his pain was apparent. She knew that those around her were watching, waiting, and decided it was not the best place to lay herself out. “Want to go walk?”

He nodded and followed her out the door, into the moonlit streets. He had kept calm in the shop, but he let loose when they were out in the open, and no one was in distance to hear. “How can you do this to me Buffy? I was prepared to give you the world. It was the least I could do, after Angel left you after you opened up to him.”

What happened with Angel was private, and Buffy had only shared it with Riley. Spike didn’t even know, and he was his brother. “I told you that in confidence, not so you can throw it in my face.” She stopped abruptly, facing him. Her hazel eyes were filled with rage. “What do you want me to tell you? That I messed up? That I want to be able to give myself to you, but it just didn’t feel bad?”

“You abandoned me at the alter, Buffy. Do you think that I can just say ‘Oh yeah, Buffy, I understand, I love you, I’ll wait.’ Well, it doesn’t work that way.” His tone was harsh, and sent a shiver down her spine.

Tears began to enter her eyes, as she attempted to defend her impulsive decision. “Well, I’m sorry Riley. Would you have rather had me marry you, only to request a divorce? God, would have rather ended up with a broken home?”

“That wouldn’t have happened. I love you.”

“I love you, too, I’m just not in love with you.”

He could have pulled out his hair, shouted at her, but he was heartbroken. Everything he built since leaving Iowa for Sunnydale was crumbling, all because he made Buffy the foundation. He leaned in toward her and inhaled her scent.

“You smell like him.” He stated.

“Like who?” She was caught off guard by his comment, knowing what he smelled.

“Spike.” He spit the word as though it was a curse.

“I borrowed his sweater, so what?” She was becoming defensive. Riley had taken over her life in the last year, but he was never able to sever the friendship she shared with Spike.

“Is that why you did it? Is that who you want?” He asked, his tone menacing.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She tried to sound nonchalant, but it wasn’t working.

“Since we started, it was always Spike, Spike, Spike, Spike, Spike. I knew I couldn’t compare, but I knew I was willing to give you something he won’t.” He was harsh.

“What are you trying to say?” Silently, tears were escaping down her cheeks.

“If Spike really wanted you, Buffy, he would have gone for it a long time ago. To me, you’re wasting your time, but then again, that’s my opinion. Have a nice life.” Riley turned on his heel, leaving her wounded with those words.

She was lost, and his words had pierced her. He was right. If Spike was truly interested he could have had her a long time ago, but he never looked at her with nothing more than brotherly love. She began wandering toward Sunnydale Cemetery, in a world of her own.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Spike sat on a burgundy couch in the corner of the Bronze, worrying as he looked at his watch again. It was nearly midnight, and Willow, Anya, and Xander had bailed on him during the wait for Buffy. Anya and Xander were making bunny love, and Willow’s new friend, Tara McClay, had pulled her to go back to her dorm at UCSD to “watch a movie.”

He always had a feeling that Willow was into that sort of thing. After her relationship ended with Oz, she sought comfort in Tara, and they’d grown questionably close, but it wasn’t his concern.

Buffy was, and she was MIA. He began asking himself a million questions. ‘What if they’re back together? What if they’re having sex? What if he killed her? What if he beat her?’

“Bloody hell!” Spike nearly yelled, startling a few people surrounding him.

“Everything okay Spike?” The owner of the club was making rounds, checking on the customers, when he heard the young man’s sudden outburst.

“Sorry, bout that, Mate. I was thinking about Buffy.” He apologized.

Lorne looked around; to be sure no one was listening. “The apple of you eye.” He winked, and the blonde smiled. “One of my waitress said she spotted the, now off couple arguing, and then Buffy made her way toward the cemeteries.”

Spike tossed a thankful smile his way, and headed for the exit, in time to bump into the girl. She seemed a bit off. Her eyes were distant and red, and she seemed broken.

“There you are, Pet. I was just about to go look for you. Everything alright?” He asked, and she just shook her head in response. Tears spilled from her eyes, again, and he pulled her toward the exit. “Let’s get you back to the hotel.”

She was silent on the ride back, except for her sniffles. Spike knew when not to pry. They entered the room, and she immediately kicked off her sneakers, and threw the hoody on the floor. Then she climbed into the bed, and curled up in fetal position.

“Looks like it’s a night on America’s greatest invention.” He made his way to the recliner, pulling off his black leather duster, and t-shirt. He kicked off his combat boots, and went to sit, when she spoke.

“Just hold me.” Her words were soft, and gentle, laced with pain. She felt him get in the bed beside her, and her breath caught when he snuggled up behind her.

She sighed contently, pushing Riley’s words away, and thanking the heavens that the longest day was over. She slowly drifted off to sleep.

Spike had never felt anything so perfect, the way her tiny form fit perfectly against his lean muscular body. Little did he know, this summer was going to be a memorable one.

*A/N: We're getting there people. Give me three more chapters and ther will be Spuffy action...I hope ur enjoying and please review. Another thanks to Ash for the support.*
I Think I Will by Sabrina
Chapter Three: I Think I Will

Spike sat in the living room of the Summers’ home, waiting for Buffy as she packed, and said goodbye to her mother. He fiddled with a cigarette in his pocket, and was startled when Buffy’s little sister burst through the door with her stepfather Rupert Giles. Spike stood politely to shake the older man’s hand.

“How are you doing Spike?” Giles asked, shaking the young man’s hand.

“Hello Giles. I’m good and yourself?” Spike questioned.

“Very well, I suppose.” Out of habit, Giles removed his glasses and began cleaning them with a handkerchief he had in the pocket of his jeans.

“SPIKE!” Dawn ran to him, throwing her arms around his waist. She pulled away and looked up at him with wide blue eyes. “Can you believe what Buffy did, after everything that we went through setting up this wedding and she just skips out on it?”

“Your sister has her reasons, Nibblet.” He always defended Buffy to the end.

“It was extremely…interesting. We can’t help but wonder how she got through that window.” Giles watched Spike’s reaction with a smirk. The blonde simply put his hands in the pocket of his duster and looked up the ceiling.

“Bloody women! They take forever to pack a bag. I have it in my mind to leave her here.” Spike changed the subject, knowing that Giles had an idea that he helped Buffy.

“Oh no you’re not!” Buffy yelled from the top of the staircase. “I need your muscles, or at least whatever strength you have.” She joked, and Spike was up the stairs, at her aid.

“I have plenty of muscles. I know you want to get your hands on my tight little body, Summers, but the only married woman I’m into is your mum.” Spike joked, earning a swat in the back of his head. He lifted all three of the suitcases, as Buffy wore a backpack on her back.

“Oh, Spike, it’s nice to know you think so highly of me.” Joyce rejoiced, following the duo down the stairs.

“Giles understands. Us English men find you quite irresistible. Isn’t that right, Giles?” Spike questioned, and Giles nodded in agreement.

“Though I’d appreciate it if you noted that Joyce is mine.” Giles stated.

“Oh Rupert, always a fighter for what’s rightfully yours.” Joyce laughed.
Dawn and Buffy shared a look of disgust as the older couple exchange a kiss at the foot of the stairs. Spike ignored it, and opened the door to find Xander and Willow.

“Hey there Bleach Boy, Dawnie, Buffster, G Man, Mrs. Summers…what’s the occasion?” Xander smiled, as he looked around at the happy family.

“Hello Xander, um…please refrain from calling me that.” Giles said.

“I don’t know, I think it gives you flair.” Buffy said happily, and smiled widely at her other best friends.

Spike watched her, and saw that she was doing much better after talking to her mother. “Buffy is coming to New York with me.”

“Oh, goody! Xander, Anya, Tara, and I are going too, but at the end of July. We’ll have so much fun.” Willow put her hands together happily, and everyone began drifting outside to Spike’s rental. “When did you decide this?”

“Yesterday. I was gonna tell you, but everything was so…hectic.” Buffy ensured her.

“Totally understandable.” Xander chirped, refraining from any post-non-wedding jokes.

“Buffy gets to go everywhere.” Dawn whined.

“Don’t worry, little bit. When you graduate from good old Sunnydale High, I’ll bring you to New York with me for a while, if you’d like.” Spike offered, as he stuffed Buffy’s bags into the car.

“Dawn was about to express joy, when Joyce shook her head. “You can have one, but the other will remain uncorrupted.” The older woman joked. “I don’t want you to give Dawn a boost on her wedding day.”

Buffy looked down at her feet, hiding her smirk, as Spike’s jaw dropped. “How-who-how…” He couldn’t find the words.

“A mother knows everything. You looked guilty when I entered that room.” Joyce informed.

He cast his gaze to his boots, and looked at Buffy. She smiled, brightening his world. She looked breathtaking, adorning a white sundress with a cherry pattern. White sneakers topped off the look, giving her a sweet aura. Her hair hung down in two pigtails, and he saw her innocence.

“What time is your flight?” Xander snapped Spike out of his trance, and glanced at his watch. “It’s already two.”

“We have an hour. Come now Buffy, Luv. We’re going to miss it.” They said their goodbyes, and traveled off.

*

The plane ride was long, but Buffy was able to sleep for most, as Spike watched. He’d casually twirl a strand of her hair around his finger, and wish it could be his. Then, reality set, and their friendship seemed more important.

When they arrived at JFK Airport, Spikes old black Desoto was waiting for them in the parking lot.

“I can’t believe you still have this piece of junk.” Buffy stated, as she sat in the passenger’s side.

“Careful, pet, or you’ll hurt her feelings.” After jamming the luggage into the car, Spike headed to the Van Wick Expressway. He allowed Buffy to play the Top 40, as traffic flowed gently until they reached the Grand Central Parkway. There was a jam, and rain began falling.

“Bloody hell!” His annoyance was obvious.

“Wow, traffic isn’t even this bad in LA!” Buffy recalled. Blink 182’s “All the Small Things” began playing, and she bobbed her head to the song. “Your type of song, ain’t it, Spike?”

“Nothing small in my knickers. Want to see for yourself?” He reached for his zipper.

“No, no…it’s okay. I trust you.” She her skin flushed, as she let out a giggle. “That reminds me, think we can go see the Full Monty on Broadway?” She questioned.

“Sorry, Luv, you’re going to have to wait for Anya to see that one. I have myself a very fine penis, no need to see anyone else’s.” His joked cause her skin to flush a brighter shade of red, and he reached over to raise the volume on the radio.

Sitting so close, she could feel the heat of his body radiating toward her. On impulse, she reached over the seat to hold his hand, sending tingles up her spine.

Spike looked down at her hand on his, surprised at first, then he allowed himself to loosen up a bit, and take it in. He wouldn’t allow it to happen too often. After taking the 59th street Bridge into Manhattan, they arrived at his apartment at ten.

His apartment was on Mulberry Street in SoHo, and although SoHo was bigger than Sunnydale, the shops were just as small. With two bedrooms, the spare was plain, while the rest of the place was cluttered.

Spike had a wide collection of books and CDs, scattered around on shelves. His guitar was set in a corner, and all around the living room was sheet music and books of lyrics. After several trips from the car, they were able to settle.

“It’s cozy.” Buffy stated, looking around.

He led her to her bedroom, dropping her bags inside, and then he went into his bedroom to put in his small duffel bag.

Buffy examined her room, its white walls, and four post bed. There was a wooden nightstand that matched the bed, and dresser. It needed life, especially if she was going to occupy it for the entire summer.

She went into his bedroom, where he was sitting on his bed listening to the messages on his answering machine. She looked around at the scattered bottles surrounding the Mahogany sleigh bed, and the matching nightstand and dresser. Clothes were also all over, with more papers. On his dresser, she was surprised to see an old picture. It was Senior prom, and Xander, Willow, Oz, Cordelia, Angel, and they, all stood together, dressed their best. She wore a long black gown, and although Angel was looking at her, she was lost with Spike’s arms around her waist. After Buffy’s night with Angel, he was quick to go to prom with Cordelia.

“Those were the days, huh, pet?” He stood beside her, looking at the picture.

“Yeah…” She whispered the word.

“Angel lives on Park Avenue. I haven’t told him that you’re here, but he stops by every so often. “ He remembered the days when Buffy so clearly had had crush on his older brother, and how hard he tried to keep them away from each other.

If Spike were to learn the truth about what happened between her and Angel, he'd be completely broken. Not wanting to do such a thing, Buffy only nodded.

“Well, tomorrow is your day to explore. I’m working at the club at night, but we have all afternoon to do whatever you want. You should also take advantage of my job and have a little fun.” He informed her.

“I think I will.” Buffy placed the phone on the dresser, and stretched. “First thing tomorrow, this place gets cleaned.”

Spike groaned loudly, and accepted a goodnight hug before closing the door to his bedroom. The heat from her body stayed on him and he was quick to get out the lotion. I was going to be a long, hard summer.

*A/N: Next chapter will be the beginning of the beginning...Enjoy. THANX ASH!!!*
Nobody by Sabrina
Chapter Four: Nobody

Spike awoke to the sound of a vacuum, and old No Doubt on the stereo. He groaned loudly and stood, searching for a pair of pants. Freedom was being able to sleep in the buff. He pulled on a pair of sweatpants, and walked out of his bedroom to see Buffy, bouncing around to “Spider Webs,” and vacuuming the living room carpet, oblivious to him.

She wore a pair of short blue shorts, and a white spaghetti strap tank top, which was a bit see-through. Spike took in the circles of her nipples appreciatively. ‘The things I would do to you.’ He felt himself twitch, and noted that he was wearing sweatpants.

He allowed his attention to turn to the apartment, which was amazingly clean. He should have invited Buffy over sooner.

The sudden ring of the phone snapped Buffy out of her trance. She jumped, when she saw a shirtless Spike standing there. She turned off the vacuum and music, as Spike made his way toward the phone in the kitchen. She salivated slightly, and tried to avert her eyes, but it was damn near impossible. She listened to his words.

“’Ello. Hi, there Harm. I thought we decided to leave it alone. I know. Yeah. Blondie Bear missed you too.”

‘Blondie Bear?’ She sat on the couch, and his voice echoed through the apartment. She suddenly regretted cleaning the clutter, seeing how it filled up the empty space.

“No, I have someone staying here for a little while. Just the summer. Yeah, I’m sure I can come by after work. We’ll have a little shag, then? Okay, pet. See you then.” He hung up, happy that he wouldn’t have to listen to Harmony Kendall’s voice until later that night, but she wouldn’t be talking, only moaning. With Buffy around, his libido was at an all time high, and he needed a release.

He made his way into the living room, to see Buffy sitting with her eyes on the blank TV. “It helps if you turn it on, Luv.” He put a hand through his tousled hair, and sat beside her.

“Sorry, Blondie Bear.” Buffy mocked with a sly smile.

“Oh bullocks. That was my ex. Broke up when I got the invitation to the wedding.” He explained.

“Oh, did she get Anya-syndrome?” Spike looked at her questionably. “When Xander got my invitation, Anya got a little obsessive, and they’re on the verge of engagement. Xander blames me, lots.”

“Not really, pet. It wasn’t Harmony, really, although I prefer syphilis to the bint. It was you getting married; I was the only man in your life besides Xander and Giles. You depended on me for everything, and then you were going to have a husband for that, and a whole lot more.” He explained, looking into her hazel eyes.

“If it helps, Riley and I didn’t have a very active sex life.” She diverted from his gaze, and looked toward the window.

“It really doesn’t.” Knowing that she had sex with him killed him.

“Sorry, but look at you. You obviously don’t like the girl, and you’re going to her for a piece of ass. Please tell me she’s not another Drusilla.” Buffy was slightly aggravated.

“Nothing like Dru, more of the cheerleader on Prozac type.” He winced at his own explanation.

Buffy only laughed. “I’ll pray for you.” She stood, and began putting away the vacuum cleaner.

He sighed. “Thanks, pet.” When she said nothing, he spoke again. “I have needs.”

“Well, I hope your penis enjoys the annoying little ‘bint’ that you obviously hate, you…a big stupid guy.” She went to her room, without another word.

A smirk crossed his lips, and a feeling of pride came over him. She was jealous.

*

Spike and Buffy spent the day at Central Park, and then after a quick stop at the house to eat dinner and change, they headed to Spike’s job. Spike wore a casual black t-shirt, the club’s logo across the chest in white, and black jeans as usual, but when Buffy exited her room, his dick twitched so hard, he thought he’d cum right there.

She were a black mini-skirt, a foot above her knee, a black backless top, that covered her breast, showing a large amount of the slight cleavage she had and see-through material covering part of her toned stomach, and black knee high boots. Her long golden hair tumbled loosely down her back, and her makeup was smoky and dark.

“Bloody hell, Summers, you’re not leaving like that!” Spike growled angrily.

She walked toward him, leaning against his body. “Last time I checked you weren’t my daddy. Besides, I’m a free woman. If you’re going to be having sex tonight, I might as well get a little action myself.”

His jeans tightened. “You better not.”

“I have as much of a right as you. When I came to stay with you, it was to have fun, and that’s exactly what I’m going to do.” With that, she walked toward the door, and Spike could only follow.

*

He watched her from behind the bar, the way she moved her body to the rhythm, and grinded against her willing dance partner. He was amazed at the change she made. “So little brother, what got into her?”

“Peaches, I’m surprised to see you here.” Spike looked at his older brother, as her poured him a drink. “Ran from the alter, and decided to go a little wild. You should go and say hi.”

“I plan on it.” Angel downed his drink and slowly moved onto the dance floor. He gently pushed the man that was dancing with Buffy aside, and leaned himself against her bottom. “You’re still beautiful.” He whispered in her ear.

She was oblivious that her partner had been pushed out of the way, and that her old flame was grinding against her, until she heard his voice. Her fluttered at first, but she snapped back to reality, as she turned to face him. “Where’d my partner go?” She asked in a low voice, her eyes flaming as she continued dancing.

“Who cares, you’re with me now.” He placed his hands on her hips, and their lips were an inch apart.

Spike watched from the shadows behind the bar, his fists clenched, and his heart raced. That was his brother; he wasn’t supposed to be jealous.

She ran a hand down his chest. “Is this what you want?” She asked, a sly smile on her face.

“Once wasn’t enough…you’re a big girl now Buffy. Have you learned how to act like one?” He was so sure that she’d give in to him again.

“Enough to tell you to bite me, and fuck off.” She said it in a low voice, the smile still on her face, as she spun around to look for Gunn, the tall dark man she’d been dancing with.

Angel grabbed her arm pulling her back to him. “Been there, done that. I’m sure Spike would love to here about what a bunny you are in bed.”

Her eyes darted to the blonde behind the bar, and he looked at though he was about to run over and hurt his brother…for her. She sighed deeply, and without looking at him, she said, “Fuck you.”
“Wouldn’t you just love-“ Angel was cut off when Gunn appeared.

“Buffy, is this guy bothering you?” He asked, looking at Angel.

“No, but I’m glad you’re here. He’s just an old friend.” She snatched her arm from his grip and took Gunn’s arm.

“Let’s get out of here.” Gunn said.

“Sure thing.” She turned back to Angel. “Do me a favor, and let Spike know I went back to his apartment with Gunn. See you around.” She walked away linked to Gunn, and Angel stormed over to the bar.

“What the bloody hell was that about, you ponce?” Spike asked.

“Buffy went to the apartment to play with her new friend.” Angel said. He was pissed off at how Buffy just cast him aside like he was nobody. He was her world in high school. He was her first. “I’m going to head home. Darla’s waiting for me.” He took the beer Spike offered and left.

Rage filled Spike, at the thought of Buffy leaving with a stranger. He was quick to call Harmony, and cancel. She made him promise he’d stop by the next day. Then, he asked his boss if he could leave early, but had to wait an hour to stop Buffy from making a mistake.

*A/N: Please send feedback. This is leading up to some good stuff, so stay tuned. Thanx to Ash always.*
Habit by Sabrina
Chapter Five: Habit

Buffy and Gunn sat beside each other on the couch, eating popcorn and watching, “Pirates of The Caribbean,” on DVD. Buffy had changed into her usual white tank top, and a pair of Spike’s sweatpants, due to the drop in the summer night’s temperature. Her hair was in a ponytail, and she washed all her makeup off.

“Gwen sounds like an interesting chick. I’m going to be here till the end of August, so you have to introduce me.” Buffy took a handful of popcorn and put it in her mouth.

“As soon as she gets back from her mother’s in Massachusetts, I’ll make sure I do. That’s my girl, looking good in red leather.” Gunn allowed a mental picture to enter his mind. He may have been missing her for the last two weeks, but he wasn’t about to cheat. He was just interested in becoming Buffy’s friend, and that was all she was interested in as well. “So, you really like the guy you’re staying with, huh?”

“Yeah, sadly. I can’t believe I left Riley because of him. I mean, I wasn’t in love with Riley, but for a second I thought Spike would see me as more than just a friend. I’m an idiot. Soon he’ll be on his way to that cheerleader, and I’ll be here hoping he thinks I’m having sex with you. Angel too.” She wanted vengeance.

“That Angel dude was harsh, pushing me out of the way like that. What’s up with him?” Gunn asked.

“A mistake, a one time mistake and Spike’s older brother. If Spike ever found out that I was with him like that, he’d freak.” Angel’s threat still lingered on her mind.

“Spike seems to go through a lot for you. Helping you escape your wedding, giving you a place to stay for the summer, and beating up any man that you’re with. I think there’s more there than you see.” Gunn figured.

“I wish. If he liked me, he wouldn’t be going to Harmony’s and he’d be here to-“ She was caught off by the front door slamming.

“BUFFY! YOU BETTER NOT BE IN THE BEDROOM WITH THAT…guy.” Spike rushed into the apartment, and came to a slow halt at the sight in the living room. They weren’t humping like monkeys, they were chatting like old chums. “What’s going on here?”

“Spike, this is Gunn. We were just watching a movie, and he was telling me about himself.” She explained, standing fro her seat.

“Nice to meet you.” Gunn stood, placing the bowl of popcorn on the coffee table and sticking out his hand for Spike to shake. Spike only glared at him. “I think this is my cue to leave. I’ll talk to you soon, Buffy. Call me and maybe we can get together with Gwen. I’ll let myself out.” He made his way around Spike and out the door, after Buffy gave him a small hug.

“What the fuck was that about, Summers? What the bloody hell is wrong with you bringing strangers to my apartment? And who the bloody hell is Gwen? You’re not planning a threesome, are you?” Spike’s blue eyes were filled with rage.

“Who the hell are you, and where the fuck is Spike?” Buffy asked crossing her arms over her chest.

“Me. You have a man in this apartment, and are planning to meet up with another girl, and something’s wrong with me?” Spike was inches from her face, and they were staring each other down.

“First of all, Gunn has a girlfriend, and that’s who Gwen is. Second, Buffy doesn’t do threesomes or have sex with strangers. Third, this was a friend thing, not a fuck me because I’m all hot and bothered thing. And last, you were the one about to go get booty from a bitch you don’t even like.” She was shouting, her chest heaving, and her temper flaring.

“I’m not there now, am I? No, I would rather come here and stop you from making a mistake. I could careless about Harmony; you’re all I’ve been worrying about for the last three days. Before that if you include when I got that bloody invitation.” He began yelling as well, and suddenly she never looked so sexy. His dick twitched, a habit that was becoming all too common while being around her.

“Why?” The question was simple.

He was at a loss for words, but he didn’t waver his stare from hers. Suddenly, he was taken over by an urge and he had to indulge. He reached out and pulled her by the waist, closing the gap, and letting his lips find hers.

Her eyes went wide, her body stiffened, but it registered and she relaxed. He was kissing her. His lips were soft, and he gently pushed apart her lips with his tongue to enjoy hers. She sucked delicately on his tongue, nipping at his bottom lip. She was melting there in front of him, forgetting what they were arguing about.

Then, he abruptly pulled away, earning a small whimper from her. His mind was lost, and his dick was aching. He wanted nothing more than to lay her down, but he turned away.

She couldn’t speak, could barely breathe. She just watched his back, struggled to understand why he had just kissed her.

“Because you were making a mistake.” He slipped out of the living room, and headed straight for his bedroom. He left her alone, and confused.

She waited until she heard his bedroom door close, lifting her hand to her lips, as tears filled her eyes. She rushed into her bedroom, just across the hall from his, and cried herself to sleep.

*

Sunlight filled the room, bouncing off the plain white walls and rousing her from a dreamless sleep. The smell of bacon filled the air, and she reluctantly got out of bed when her stomach growled. She stopped at the bathroom, which was diagonally across from her bedroom. She brushed her teeth, and exited, walking slowly toward the kitchen.

There he was, shirtless and adorning sweatpants, setting up two plates of scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast. He felt her eyes on him, and looked up at her. “I-I thought I owed you an apology…for my behavior.”

A smile made its way across her lips, and although she was still hurt from his reaction to the kiss, she couldn’t help but forgive. “And you do it with bacon? Where the hell is the sausage?” She joked, earning a small smile from him. She sat at the wooden kitchen table, and he sat across from her.

“I’m not saying that it was right. You’re my best friend, my only real friend, and I don’t want to jeopardize that, pet. Yesterday, you were reborn when you stepped out of that room wearing that skimpy little thing, and you weren’t you for a second. But no need to worry, it won’t happen again. I just needed to get it out of my system.” He had spent the entire night in attempt to come up with an excuse. Although he craved for it to happen again, he blamed himself, thinking she didn’t want it.

Pain spread through her, but she ignored it and nodded. She began eating and there was an awkward silence.

“Would you like to do anything in particular today, Luv?” He questioned biting his tongue when she flinched at the word love. The kiss had a worse affect on her than he thought.

“I kinda thought I’d call Gunn. He lives in Brooklyn and was going to show me around, take me to some places I can buy good clothes, cheap. He’s also gonna introduce me to some of his friends.” She said, without looking up at him.

He watched her, not taking a bite of his food. “You sure, pet? I have off today.”

“Positive. I’m not here to take up all of your time. I can venture off and find things to do, without you.”

It hurt, but he said nothing. He began eating, just as she finished, silently.

“I’m going to shower. I want to get an early start.” She stopped in the entrance of the kitchen, and looked back at him. “Have a nice day.”

*

“I was harsh, Gunn. I’m not usually harsh to Spike. I treat him like my hero.” They walked slowly down Graham Avenue in Brooklyn. Buffy carried tons of bags, and Gunn as well.

“Maybe the dude needs it. You gotta be cold in order to get heat.” He said, smiling.

“So, what’s the plan for today?” She asked.

“We’ll shop, take in a movie, and you’ll meet Fred and Wesley.” He replied.

“Are they hot?” She questioned, smiling evilly.

“They’re a couple.”

“Oh, I have gay friends too, but they’re girls.”

“Fred’s a girl, Wes is a guy.” Gunn laughed. “Don’t worry, you’re gonna have fun. Don’t think about Spike so much. I’m beginning to think that you’d be perfect for a friend of mine. His name’s Lindsey.”

*

Spike sat in Harmony’s bedroom, on the bed, all clothes discarded. She kneeled before him in a pink teddy, pumping his long think cock for all it was worth, but still it remained soft.

“I think it’s broken. Maybe you should just go down town and I’ll get back to you. I’ve been so lonely without you.” She said, removing her hand from his dick, and looking up at him with wide eyes.

He face was buried in his hand, his elbows resting on his knees, and Buffy on his brain. He stood up suddenly, causing Harmony to fall backwards.

“Hey!” She yelled, her voice high pitch and whiney.

“I can’t do this. I’m sorry Harmony. You were good for a shag, but I can’t do it now.” He gathered his clothes, and began dressing.

“If you leave me here unsatisfied, Spike, don’t bother coming back.” She knew as well as he did, that if he came back the next day, she’s happily spread her legs.

“I’m sorry, pet.” He walked away, ignoring her yelling.

*

He entered the apartment to see Buffy sleeping soundly on the couch. It was nearly midnight, and he suspected that she was waiting up for him. He lifted her into his arms, and carried her into the bedroom.

Her body was sweaty, so he turned on the air condition throughout the house, and covered her with a thin blanket. She shifted slightly, her eyes fluttering open.

“Spike.” She smiled. “I had the worst blind date. Fred and Wes were nice, but that Lindsey was so conceited.” Her voice was filled with sleep.

“Shhh…pet. Go to sleep, and give me details tomorrow.” He kissed her forehead, and watched her fall back to sleep. It was long before he was back in his room, his only companion, a bottle of lotion, once again. That was already three nights in a row, another habit that was becoming a pain.

*A/N: Sorry for the tease...I had to do it. Trust me, stay tuned...cause it's going to happen in 3 chapters and other stuff in the next couple leading up to it. My praises to Ash.*
Sooner Or Later by Sabrina
Chapter Six: Sooner Or Later

It had been a week since the kiss, and they sat quietly in a small pizzeria. Spike looked across the table at his best friend and sighed.

“What’s your problem?” She asked, a comforting smile on her face.

“Your slice has more pepperoni on it than mine.” He replied, his lower lip jutting out in a pout.

Buffy laughed out loud. “You can’t be serious. Baby much?” She had the urge to suck on his lower lip, but ignored it.

The kiss was not forgotten, but they each pushed it to the back of their minds, and everything seemed to get back to normal. Buffy spent most of her time with him, and when she wasn’t with him, she was with Gunn or Fred.

“Just give me two, and we’ll be even.” Spike suggested.

“Psh…no way. Get yourself another slice, because these are my pepperoni.” She raised the slice above her head as Spike tried to swipe it.

“Oh, come on, Summers. That’s no competition, I’m a lot taller than you.” He stood up, and took the slice from her hand. Buffy stood to get it back as he sat down in his seat, but a ear piercing voice, sent he sitting back down.

“BLONDIE BEAR, IS THAT WHY YOU RUSHED OFF SO FAST LAST WEEK? ANOTHER GIRL?” Everyone’s attention turned to the blonde trio, as Harmony ran toward Spike, shouting.

“Harm, she’s my friend, pet. Calm down.” Spike said, handing Buffy her pizza back, a smile on his face.

Buffy giggled, and Harmony gave her a venomous look. “Yeah, we just friends.” Buffy repeated the words with agony.

“Yeah, whatever, I know when I’m getting two-timed.” She said, in a calm, yet loud voice. “And she’s not even prettier than me, he shoes are so last year, and that sweater is a knock off.”

“Harm, we’re not even together, so it shouldn’t matter, pet.” Spike stated. “And just to set the record straight, Buffy is incredibly gorgeous.

“Oh yeah, you big…jerk,” Harmony turned her attention to Buffy and shout, “HE COULDN’T EVEN GET IT UP.” Buffy’s jaw dropped, as Spike’s face reddened, and Harmony walked out of the pizzeria triumphantly.

The customers surrounding them were laughing, and a smile appeared on Buffy’s lips. Spike looked at his lap, and up again at her.

“At least I know what to get you for Christmas. A few prescriptions of Viagra.” She laughed at her own joke, and Spike opened his mouth to speak, but closed it again when nothing came out.

*

Another week passed, and all seemed to be well. Buffy often brought up the Viagra situation, and Spike defended himself by saying that Harmony’s voice scared his Willie into hiding.

It was Friday night, and although the heat was blazing outside, the apartment was cool. The blonde pair sat on the couch, watching Half Baked.

“I still can’t believe you dated her. You had to have lost a bet.” A knock on door sent Spike to the front door.

“I was lonely, and she was willing to put up with my shit, pet.” He explained, opening the door to see his brooding older brother standing there.

“Peaches, what a surprise.” Spike opened the door wide, so Angel could step through, and he did, coming to a halt when he saw Buffy.

Their eyes connected, and Buffy quickly averted them back to the movie with a small, “Hey.”

“I need to speak to you.” Angel said to Spike, as he studied Buffy. Her hair was in a tight bun, and she wore a pair of short jean shorts, and a plain blue t-shirt. He felt his desire consume him. “In private.” He added, his eyes still on her.

“Well, come into my room.” They walked into Spike’s newly clean bedroom, and Spike sat on the bed.

Angel began pacing nervously. “Buffy cleaned up in here, huh?” He asked.

“If you’ve come all the here from Queens to talk about Buffy’s cleaning job, you’re talking to the wrong person.”

“Sorry.” Angel stopped pacing and sat beside his brother. “I need a place to stay. Darla threw me out.”

“Why’s that?” Spike question, his surprise obvious.

Angel sighed. “That night at the club, when I danced with Buffy…everything changed. Its like Darla couldn’t please me, and she noticed, especially after I said Buffy’s name in bed.”

“Buffy tends to do that to people.” Spike muttered. “You can stay here, but stay out of her way. She’s not entirely comfortable around you, especially since you gave her hell in high school.”

“I understand.” Angel wanted a chance to get close to her, but he had to find a way around Spike.

They went back into the living where Buffy was laughing at the movie by herself. “Buffy,” Spike spoke, and her head snapped in his direction, “Angel’s having some problems at home with his girlfriend, so he needs to stay here for a little while.”

Buffy glanced at Angel and gave Spike a wary smile. “Okay.”

Spike understood why she was uncomfortable around him, but figured there was so much more to the story. He had spent two years of high school, when he first entered Sunnydale High his sophomore year, till Angel graduated trying to keep Buffy away from Angel. He figured it had worked for a while, but suddenly felt he was missing something. He’d find out sooner or later. He’d know the truth.

*

Buffy awoke in the middle of the night, to the sound of her door opening. She sat up quickly, when she felt a body get into the bed beside her. She reached for the lamp on the nightstand, but a big hand stopped her. She was going to scream, but a forceful kiss stopped her.

She swung her fist quickly and jumped out of the bed, to turn the light on.

“Fuck, Buffy. You hit like a freaking man.” Angel whined, holding the left side of his face.

“What the hell are you doing in my bed?” She questioned angrily.

“The couch was uncomfortable, and I thought you could use a little company.” A wicked smile appeared on his lips, and he raised his eyebrows.

She wrapped her arms around herself, feeling violated. She only wore a tight wife beater, and boy-shorts. “This isn’t high school, Angel. I’m not the same, and I don’t want you.”

“You can try to stay away Buffy, but sooner or later, you’re going to be with me. Try and deny the electricity between us while you can.” He didn’t move from the bed.

“Seeing how the couch is so uncomfortable, take my bed. I’ll go to Spike’s room.” She walked out, slamming the door behind her. She crept into Spike’s room, and heard his labored breathing pattern. “Spike.” She called in the dark. She sat slowly on the bed, and he didn’t stir. She lifted the blanket, and sank into bed beside him.

It wasn’t until he turned over and wrapped his arms around her; she felt that he was naked. He then whispered her name softly.

She reveled in the beauty of his hard member, snug against her ass, her name fresh on his lips. She didn’t want to have him like that, unless he was awake for it. “Spike.” She moved from his hold, and turned on the light.

He shot up in bed, grabbing the blanket, holding it against his erection. “Buffy, what are you doing in here.” He looked at her attire, and felt a jolt of pain in lower region.

“Angel was uncomfortable on the couch, so I figured it would be okay for me to come in here, and let him have my bed.” The last thing she wanted was Spike killing Angel for trying something, so she left it out.

“No problem, pet. Can you go into my top drawer and hand me a pair of boxers first?” He asked.

“You own boxers!” She was amazed as she rummaged through the drawer, to find one pair underneath a lot of socks. They were black with skulls on them. “Figures.”

She threw them at him and he slipped them on beneath the covers. “Come on, pet. Let’s go to bed.” He said, and she climbed back in with him, getting into fetal position beside him. He draped an arm around her waist, and pulled her close against his body. “Night, Luv.”

*A/N: Thanx to Ash. Spuffy lovin is so close...*
Close by Sabrina
Chapter Seven: Close

Spike had been in the shower for an hour, when he released his seed for the fifth time. Sleeping against Buffy all night, thin layers of clothes separating them was hard on him. Literally.

“Spike, you’ve been in there for too long. Stop playing with yourself, and let me take a whiz.” Angel said through the door.

Spike rinsed off what was left of the soap, and wrapped a towel around his waist. He opened the door to see Angel waiting. “Can’t a man diddle his Willie in peace?” He questioned, making his way into his room.

Buffy was still asleep, snoring softly. He smiled, and began dressing. He put on the usual, a pair of black jeans and a black t-shirt. “Bloody hell!” He yelled, as he tripped over his combat boots.

Buffy to bolted up in bed, and rubbed sleep out of her eyes, yawning. She looked at the black digital clock on the nightstand and groaned. Her attention turned to Spike and she groaned again.

“Morning, pet.” He said happily.

“Ew…you’re way to happy in the morning. It’s giving me the wiggins.” She said groggily. She put a hand through her tangled hair, and whimpered.

“Bed head, it looks go on ya.” Spike smiled softly, tilting his head as he looked at her.

“Thanks. Is Angel still here?” She asked, her eyes wide.

Spike was a bit surprised. “Yeah, until Darla will take him back. The chit isn’t very happy with him.”

“What did he do?” She questioned, hoping there was a way that she could fix it herself.

“Said your name while they were in the moment.”

Buffy’s eyes widened with surprise, knowing this was something she would only make worse.

“I know, shocking. First, he treats you like garbage in high school and tries to use you, and then he feels up on you at the club. That ponce has issues. Thank god you never sailed that ship, pet.” Spike said, as he gelled back his hair.

She stood from the bed. “Right, cause I’m not such a great sailor.” She became somewhat nervous, and left his room. She entered her own, and there was Angel in the buff. “Sorry.” She said, turning to leave, her face heating up.

“Why don’t you-“ She slammed the door behind her as she rushed out, before he could ask her to stay.

*

“I’m telling you, Fred. It’s impossible to live in that place with him here. Bad enough I have to deal with Spike, which I don’t really mind, but I gave myself to Angel, and all he did was toss me aside.” The two women sat in the Starbucks in Times Square, drinking Iced Mochachinos.

“Well, he sounds pretty hunky from what you say.” Fred spoke with a slight Texan accent.

“Hunky, amen to that, but manipulative and conceited too. I gave him my heart, lost my virginity to him, and he just changed. It’s like he had some demonic side to him that I didn’t know about.” She sipped her drink, and smiled at Fred brightly. “But, although Angel made a move on me two nights ago, getting a chance to sleep in Spike’s arms…it’s the only time I sleep comfortably. Now, I get to do it until Angel leaves.”

“It’s understandable. I feel that same way with Wesley. When a man just completes you, he becomes your world.” Fred was sweet and good company. Buffy had been spending as much time with her as possible, mostly to stay away from Angel.

“Thanks again for joining me. I really don’t want to be alone in the house with Angel, and Spike’s been sleeping a lot. He’s been working every night this week, getting home at four, sometimes five in the morning.” Buffy stood to throw her empty cup in the garbage.

“It was really no problem, it’s nice to spend time with someone so sweet.” Fred said.

“Gwen not sweet enough?” Buffy asked.

“She’s okay, but I dated Gunn and she sees me as some kinda threat, which is ridiculous. I mean, I study at Columbia University; Gunn works at an auto shop…not to say that he’s not good enough for me, but in our relationship we realized that although we’ll always love each other in a certain way, we’re two different people. I would never try to take him away from her.” She explained.

Buffy couldn’t help but sigh. “With all of this crap going on, I kinda wish I was reliving my wedding day instead.” Fred laughed, and Buffy joined in.

Part of her still wondered what Riley was doing, but she knew she made the right decision.
*

Buffy walked slowly toward the apartment building, alone. She wore a long blue jean skirt, a pale yellow spaghetti strap tank top, and matching flip-flops. Her hair was tied in a half bun, some blonde loose blonde locks curled.

“Buffy!” An unfamiliar female voice yelled her name.

Buffy spun around to see the woman, who had blonde hair to her shoulder and blue eyes. She was pretty, but unfamiliar. “Do I know you?” Buffy asked.

The woman caught up to her, and faced her. She had a serious expression on her face, one that seemed untrusting. “No, but I’m sure you’ve heard of me. I’m Darla.” She replied.

“Angel’s Darla?” She questioned.

“That would be me.” She answered.

“Want to come up, the apartment is right around the corner.” Buffy offered, uncomfortably.

“No, I know he’s there. I just came from seeing him. Had to drop of clothes. You’re just as cute in person.” Buffy gave her a quizzical look. “I recognized you from some pictures he has at the apartment. Our apartment.” She stated it with pride.

“Which you’ve clearly kicked him out of, and now he’s in Spike’s apartment in my bed…oh…not with me, I sleep with Spike…oh…not like that…oh God, I’ll shut up now.” Buffy babbled.

Darla just smiled tightly. “I understand, I just thought that I should meet you, seeing how you’re the one who ruined my sex life.” She turned around quickly, and began walking away.

“Sorry about that!” Buffy yelled to Darla’s retreating form.

*

“Just like that, pet?” Spike questioned as they sat at the kitchen table.

“Just like that. I never even met the woman, and I’m like, the destruction of her love life.” Buffy leaned on her arm, and watched Spike as he drank a beer. She was happy to be in an Angel-free zone, seeing how Angel had work.

“It’s not your fault, Luv. That ponce is seeing what a beautiful woman you’ve become, and he regrets passing you up for Cordelia.” Spike said.

The phone rang, and Buffy quickly answered. “Hello?”

“Buffy, it’s Willow.”

“Will! I miss you so much!”

“Thought you would have called while you were gone.” Willow said, worriedly.

“Sorry about that. I’ve been busy.” Buffy apologized. “But I have been counting down. One more week, and I get to have Xander and Willow time in New York.” She said happily. “I have so much to tell you.”

“Yay! I love juicy gossip. Everything’s been kinda dead since you skipped out on Riley. I just wanted to check in and let you know that we miss you and can’t wait to see you.” Willow said, excitedly.

“Same here. How’s my mother?” Buffy asked. Every time she called no one picked up.

Willow hesitated for a minute, not wanting to give away Joyce’s secret. “She’ fine…Dawn misses you. I have to go Buffy, but we’ll see each other soon.” The phone went dead before Buffy could respond.

Buffy hung up the receiver and smiled at Spike. “Willow and Xander are coming soon!” She began jumping up and down, as she made her way into the living room.

Spike watched the light in her eyes, the excitement that entered her features, and felt joy. She was finally happy, finally getting a chance to breathe.

*

Another uneventful week, and Buffy successfully avoided Angel, mostly due to the fact that he was in and out. Darla had agreed to work things out, but she didn’t want him moving back in. That left him an opening in Spike’s apartment, and his sexual innuendos were still heading Buffy’s way.

It was Sunday night, and Spike and Buffy sat in front of the television, watching the episodes of Passions that Spike had recorded on TiVo.

“You’re like, the biggest sissy of all sissies. This show is terrible.” Buffy commented.

“It was a lot better with Timmy, but I just hope that Sheridan and Miguel realize that their baby is still alive and get back together. It takes bloody forever for them to get to the good stuff.” Spike was engrossed in the show, and Buffy yawned loudly. “Piss off if you’re not interested.”

“It’s almost one in the morning. Think since Angel isn’t here, I could sleep in my own bed?” She asked, as she stood and stretched. Her wife beater rose, showing off the taut flesh of her stomach.

Spike turned off the TV and stood with her. “You sure you want to? It’s okay if you need to sleep with me again, pet.”

“I love sleeping with you…I can’t believe I just said that. I just thought maybe I was taking up a lot of your sleep time.” She said.

He stepped close to her, taking her chin in his hand. “I like having you close to me, Buffy.”

“But you always get up in the middle of the night.” She reminded him.

“That’s only because I have a hard time controlling myself, when you’re so close and I can’t be inside of you.” Goosebumps formed all over her body, and he whispered the word, an inch from her lips.

“I like being close, but I think we could be closer.” She proposed.

Their lips touched, sending shivers through the,. He knew it was bold, yet he couldn’t help but ask, “Bedroom?”

She nodded, allowing every desire take her over, as she took his hand and dragging him to his room.

*A/N: Spuffiness is so close...can you feel it....LOL....Well review and tonight, Spuffy will be here...Thanx Ash.*
Toxic by Sabrina
Chapter Eight: Toxic

He lifted her by the waist, laying her on the bed. He slid his body over hers, and gently kissed her lips. “I’ve wanted this…for so…long.” He said between kisses.

She only moaned, as he kissed her once more, his tongue making its way into her mouth, massaging hers. His hand made its way up her shirt, as he massaged her braless breast. She rolled him onto his back, lifting the hem of her shirt, and pulling it off.

“God, so bloody beautiful.” He stated, at the sight of her tanned torso.

She leaned down, catching his lips once more, as he took her breasts in his hands, and began kneading them. She grounded her damp crotch onto his jean-covered erection, her cotton shorts only separating them. He flipped her back, tugging his t-shirt off, revealing his chiseled chest. It seemed to be chiseled by Michael Angelo.

He bent back down to her mouth, their skin making contact. He traveled slowly down her jaw, stopping at her neck. He sucked and bit down hard enough to leave a mark, causing her to gasp. He continued his journey, stopping at her breasts.

He licked each nipple, sucking softly, earning a groan from her. Each whimper made his dick twitch, and he wanted nothing more than to stick in to her, but he wanted to pleased her first. He praised each hard bud, and then traveled down her tight stomach, dipping his tongue into her navel. He stopped at her shorts. She lifted her head from the pillow, her eyes dazed, as she looked into his. He was asking for permission to continue, and she smiled invitingly.

Spike slid her short down her tender legs, tossing them aside, and studied the white lace g-string. He licked her through the material, sucking the juices from the thin wet undergarment.

“Spike…please.” Buffy moaned his name, wanting so much more. It all happened so fast, but now that she was there, she didn’t want to look back.

In one swift motion, he ripped the underwear from her body, and studied her clean-shaven pussy in fascination. She was beautiful. He started with his finger, slipping one in, then two, pumping her, leisurely. She bucked against him, moaning out his name. He leaned down to her awaiting clit, and flicked his tongue over it, sending a jolt through her, as she arched her body. Her body moved against the skill of his tongue, his fingers still working it, his other hand holding her stomach down so she wouldn’t wriggle too much. He continued his actions, until he felt her explode.

“Oh…fucking, God…”

He licked up all her juice, until she was clean. “I don’t think he’d like this very much, Luv.” He slid back up her bare body, and held her close until she came back down from heaven. She was panting softly, a hand on his chest.

When she suddenly moved away from him, Spike thought for a second that she was going to leave, until her hand reached for the button on his jeans. She quickly unfastened it, and he stood to shimmy out of them. Then, he laid down and allowed her to crawl between his legs.

She considered his cock with great intent, the pink flesh pumping, waiting to be released, and looked up into his blue orbs.

“You don’t have to, Buffy.” He said softly.

“It’s not that…it’s just you’re so much more than I expected, a lot more.” She said.

Pride washed over him, and pleasure took over when her small hand circled him, too small to hold him fully. She pumped him slowly, at first, watched his reaction. He body vaulted, and he head fell back against the pillows. She licked the tip of his dick, tasting the salty pre-cum, and he moaned. It was a sound she often heard in the bathroom, in the morning after he awoke from beside her.

His eyes shut tightly, as she sucked the tip first, while pumping. She took her mouth away to rub it with her thumb in small circular motions. She drove harder, taking him deep into her mouth. She sucked fiercely until her cheeks hurt, then continued thrashing her tongue on each sensitive spot of his swollen member.

She occupied her hand with his sac, and fiddled them. He grunted when he felt himself begin to twitch, and she felt it too. Buffy wasn’t one to swallow, but she loved him enough. Love…she loved Spike, and wanted his nectar down her throat. So she sucked again, her tongue wiggling against him, and finally he erupted with a cry.

“Buffy…”

She swallowed every drop, turning over on her back, beside him. He pulled her close as he waited for his breath to labor. He inhaled the sweet smell of vanilla and sweat off of her skin, and realized that it had been toxic all along.

He mentally scolded himself for not taking her sooner. “Luv, you want to go the rest of the way…or are there regrets?” He asked, and her eyes came to his.

“No regrets.” She replied, and once his dick was hard she was ready.

He hovered over her, his dick before her entrance. He moved slowly, penetrating within. She gasped at the size, and he at the tightness. “God…Buffy…so tight…” He thrust slowly within her, so she could accommodate his size.

The truth was, she and Riley had never really gotten there before. There was oral sex every so often, but they were waiting until after the wedding to become one, especially after Angel’s antics.

But now, she was joined with Spike, making love. She understood what Fred was saying, about being complete. Angel had fucked her, and Spike was being tender.

He quickened his pace, holding her close. She shut her eyes, as her arms encircled him. “Look at my Buffy…I want you to watch me, how you make me feel.”

She opened her eyes, filled with passion and desire. He was fulfilling both. His eye met hers, as he worked it, moving his hips in circular motions, and she responded by returning each movement, rolling with him. Her legs wrapped around his waist, as he accelerated the rhythm.

“Spike…you don’t…need, Viagra.” She stated between each movement with a small smile. “So…perfect…”

He leaned down to take her mouth again. They moaned together, grinded against each other, until finally, Spike felt Buffy give way. Her inner muscles tightened and she convulsed gently, and he trembled with her, releasing. He dropped to her body, his face buried in the crook of her neck. Her hands made its way into his hair, and she ran her fingers through.

“Buffy…” He raised his head, looking into her eyes. “Everything’s going to be different.” His words were whispered.

“The only difference I see is that we’ll be less cranky and much closer.” She responded, and he smiled. He rested against her, silently, and soon they drifted into the best sleep ever.

*A/N: Please review, and thanx to Ash and the readers for their support.*
Secrets by Sabrina
Chapter Nine: Secrets

The sound of the shower roused Buffy from a peaceful slumber. She stood, wrapping the white sheet around her naked body, and tiptoed to the bathroom. She slowly opened the door, and salivated at the sight of his silhouette through the white shower curtain.

Spike softly hummed a tune to himself, oblivious to Buffy’s presence. His mind was repeating the previous in his head. His dick twitched as he stood beneath the hot stream of water.

She noticed it, dropping the sheet to the tile floor and slid the curtain open enough to step in. Spike jumped at first in surprise, then the wicked smile entered his features. He turned to face her, lifting her up, and entering her as she came back down.

She moaned aloud, as he pushed her back against the wall, pumping into her. He gasped when he felt her feet on his ass, pulling him deeper. Steam and water surrounded them, as they became lost in each other.

*

The afternoon approached, and Buffy found herself in Spike’s lap as he watched Passions. Every commercial, his attention would turn to her, and a major make out session would ensue. It started during Day’s Of Our Lives, which caused Spike to miss the program. When it came to Passions, his attention turned back.

Suddenly, the jingle of a key entering the lock of the front door sent Buffy to the other side of the couch. Spike gave her a questioning look, as Angel entered the living room.

“Hey, guys.” Angel said, his face dark and brooding as he sat between the blonde pair.

“What’s got your panties is a knot, Peaches?” Spike asked, his mind still swirling on Buffy’s reaction to his brother’s entrance.

“I just spent all of last night at my apartment getting clothes, and begging her to let me stay. She let me stay, all right…on the damn couch. What’s a man got to do to get some pussy around here?” Angel questioned, his eyes falling upon Buffy.

She averted her eyes to look at Spike, who was about to comment, when she shook her head.

Spike only sighed, and looked at his watch. “Buffy, I need to speak to you about…something…um…the thing.” His attempt at being discreet was sad.

Angel looked at him; eyebrows raised, and patted him on the back. “Remember first, talk later.”

Angel’s arm slid around Buffy’s shoulders, and Spike saw her stiffen. He never wanted to hurt his brother so bad, except when Angel ditched Buffy at prom. Now he had his paws on her, and it sickened Spike

She jolted from her seat. “Oh…that thing…I remember. We’ll be back.” She said to Angel, as she walked to Spike’s bedroom. Spike stood, and followed.

He slammed the door behind him, startling Buffy. “What the bloody hell is your problem?”

“What are you talking about?” She asked, sitting on the bed.

“That poofter comes into the place, and you jump ten feet away from me.” His eyes blazed with rage.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She stated, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Did Angel do, or say anything to you?” He asked, sitting beside her. He put a hand on the small of her back, rubbing circles over it.

“No…” She shuddered slightly. “I just, don’t want him to know yet…it’s just weird.”

“Why, pet? Why are you so awkward around him?” His eyes grew soft, and comforting.

“High school…it‘s just what happened.” She lied. “He offered to take me to prom, and then when I got into that limo, Cordelia was all over him. It still hurts a small part of me.” She explained.

“But you had the best date there.” He reached over to the dresser, grabbing the picture she had looked at when she first arrived in his apartment. He handed it to her, and she looked down at it with a smile.

She didn’t see it then, but it became quite obvious as they sat there, studying the past with smiles. “Perfect…” She whispered.

“Bloody right.” He sad, kissing her temple.

She looked at him, tears filling her eyes. “Please don’t let him know, until I’m ready.”

“It’s none of his business, anyway.” Spike said.

*

Two days later, Spike reluctantly left Buffy alone at home with Angel.

She spent the night in Spike’s bed, reading Glamour. There was a gentle knock on the door. “Come in.” She called with a sigh. She lay on her stomach, her legs swinging in the air.

Angel walked over to the bed, and knelt over her, reading the title of the article aloud. “How to Keep Him Cumming: A Guide to Giving Him Multiple Orgasms. That’s what you refused to watch a movie with me for?” He asked.

“I find it interesting.” She replied.

“Seems like an article Anya would read.” He stated.

“She lent me the magazine for my honeymoon.” She bit her tongue at the memory.

“And look at you now.” He said.

She rolled over to her back, propping herself on her elbows so she could look at him. “What’s that supposed to mean?” She asked with anger.

“You didn’t marry Riley, because you still want me.”

“Shows how much you know.” She laughed, going back on her stomach, and returning her attention to the page.

“So, why’d you do it? He wasn’t good in bed?” He asked.

“I wouldn’t know, but he was mediocre at eating pussy.” She let the words slip, and shut her eyes tightly to regain control.

“So you didn’t even give him any tail, meaning that I’m the only man you’ve ever been with. No wonder he opted for marriage.” He ran his hand up her slender calf, and let it linger on her thigh.

“You’re the reason I waited. Didn’t want him to cut out on me, like you.” She said. She shifted her leg, so he could move his hand.

“Looks like you did it to him.” He rubbed her thigh, heading north. “So who was it for? Who made you want to leave?”

She stood on the opposite side of the bed, using it for a blockade. “What makes you think it was a person?” She asked. She watched his eyes, as they traveled over her body, and dropped to the nightstand.

There, was a newly framed picture. Buffy was sitting on Spike’s lap in Central park, and they were smiling at each other.

“It’s Spike, isn’t it?” Angel’s voice was hoarse, picking the picture up and studying it.

“It’s none of your business.” She rushed to his side, snatching the picture from his hands.

“I know that Spike wouldn’t go for you Buffy. He sleeps beside you every night, and spends every morning jerking off. But if he ever decides to, don’t do it.” His eyes watched her carefully, as he threatened her.

“What are you saying?” She asked softly, dropping to the bed.

“I’m saying if you go after my brother, I’ll let him know that I got there first.” He turned abruptly, and walked out, slamming the door behind him.

Buffy lay back on the bed, and sobbed until she fell asleep.


*A/N: I was gonna update last night, but I went clubbing...this week I'm gonna try to get a chapter up everyday, but since there's no school, i'll be partying a lot. Not to worry, I'm still devoted.:-D Thanx to Ash and my reviewers...keep reviewing, I like knowing that writing this isn't a waste. Thanx Ash!!!*
The Truth Hurts by Sabrina
Chapter Ten: The Truth Hurts

That night, Spike came home to see Buffy asleep on the couch. He went to move her, but she awoke and stopped him. “Buffy, Luv, don’t you want to be with me?” He was hurt, and it was obvious.

“We can’t. This has to stop. We have to go back to normal.” She replied. She was willing to give up his loving to keep her dignity, and not disappoint him.

“Why?” He asked.

“Go to sleep Spike.” And when she was sure his bedroom door was closed, she began sobbing, but he knew.

*

The next week flew by, and despite Spike’s inquiries; Buffy had spent it on the couch. They didn’t share a kiss or touch the entire time, and it was slowly consuming him. It hurt…she’d given herself to him, and she was suddenly pushing him away. He didn’t understand what he did wrong.

Finally, Xander, Anya, Willow, and Tara came rapping at Spike’s door, just on time. It gave Buffy a chance to avoid him with good reason.

“You made it!” Buffy squealed, throwing her arms around both Willow and Xander.

“Oxygen is becoming a bit of an issue here, Buffy.” Willow said in a tight voice.

Buffy let go, and gave hugs to Tara and Anya. “How was the flight?”

“Interesting. Tiring.” Xander relied, looking around the living room at Spike’s DVD and CD collection. “You have some grade a stuff here, Bleach boy.” He said.

“Thanks whelp. You’re welcome to borrow anything, so long as I get it back.” Spike replied.

“So, Buffy, have you been able to get lots of orgasms from men in New York?” Anya questioned brightly.

Buffy glanced at Spike, her cheeks tinting pink when he lifted his brows at her with a cocky smile. “Nope…I give up on me.” She heard Spike growl, in a low tone.

“Are you becoming a lesbian then, like Willow and Tara?” Anya asked, looking at the two girls as they held hands and smiled at each other.

“Nope…just thinking about becoming a nun.” Buffy thought she was in a safety zone.

“I think you’re supposed to be a virgin. Since you haven’t had sex with Riley, I assume they’ll take you.” Spike coughed on the dirty blondes response, as well as Xander. Willow looked appalled, and Tara giggled, hiding her smile.

“Okay, then. Who wants to see my room?” Buffy asked, ignoring Anya’s openness. They gang followed her down the hall. She pushed open the door, and everyone gaped at a sleeping Angel, and his clothes and liquor bottles strewn around the room.

Spike was astounded at the new information he’d just received, as he sat on the couch. She didn’t give it to Riley, but someone had to have been there before…a long time ago.

“Buffy,” Willow whispered, wide eyes, “you’re not sleeping with Angel, or drinking…are you?”

“Nope. Just wanted to show you how he took over.” Buffy closed the door, and opened Spike’s. “I sleep here sometimes, or the couch.” She closed the door, again, and made her way in to the living room, plopping on the couch beside Spike.

“You kinda…scared me for a minute there.” Xander said.

“Y-you know, Buffy, we’re s-staying at my aunts house, a-and she has a spare bedroom if you want to spend some t-time here with us before you g-go.” Tara offered.

Spike’s face fell, as Buffy looked at him. Their eyes connected and she replied, “That sounds good.” A tightlipped smile crossed her face, and Spike felt his heart break.

*

She’d been in and out of Spike’s apartment for three days, taking her stuff back and forth to Tara’s aunt’s house. It was Saturday morning, and using her own key, she entered. She could hear the kitchen radio blasting, as a punk rock song played. She smiled to herself, and went in to see a shirtless Spike bobbing his head, and washing dishes.
Buffy reached the kitchen table, and shut off the music. Spike turned abruptly to see her standing there in all her glory. She wore a short jean halter dress, and sneakers. Her hair was up in a high ponytail, and he wanted to touch her.

“Morning.” Her voice was sad, although she wore a smile. Her eyes focused on his, and she felt the waterfall.

He was done questioning her, if she was going to be stubborn; he wasn’t going to deal with it. He knew she wanted him, he could tell she was wet over him at that moment. “Morning, pet. There’s some mail on the table for you.”

She turned her back to him, and saw the envelope from her mother. She was about to pick it up, and head to the room to pack her stuff, when she felt Spike’s erection push up against her ass. She hissed lowly, and whimpered. She couldn’t deny that she missed him.

“You want this, pet?” Spike questioned, reaching up to the strings in the back of her neck, and pulling them loose. The top of her dress immediately undid, and revealed her breasts.

“Yes…”She moaned, when he began kissing her neck, one hand hitching up the hem of her dress, the other fondling her small globe.

He ripped the thong from her body, and slid his sweatpants down. It wasn’t long before he was thrusting into her, fondling her goodies, and enjoying every second. She moaned and cried out.

“Spike…harder.” It was like music to her ears.

“It’s okay baby…the big bad…is…gonna give it to you…good.” He said between each pump. He squeezing and pinched her nipples, and a growl escaped her. She met each and every thrust, allowing him to fill her to the hilt. She felt him in her stomach, but only moaned louder.

Angel awoke from her sleep in time to watch them cum together, over the kitchen table. When Buffy and Spike noticed him, they quickly dressed, and Buffy hid behind Spike.

“I guess you know, mate.” Spike panted, attempting to catch his breath.

“Too bad I got there first.” Angel said, looking at Buffy’s wide, scared eyes.

Spike didn’t think. Before Angel could move out of the way, Spike’s fist connected with his nose causing the broad shouldered man to stumble backwards into the living room.

“What the fuck?” Angel yelled, landing on his ass.

Buffy stood in the doorway that connected the living room and kitchen. Spike was going to hit Angel again, but she couldn’t let him. “STOP!” She shouted.

Spike turned to her, his face softening, his hurt becoming evident. “Is it true?” He asked.

“Spike, it was a long-“ She began.

“IS IT BLOODY TRUE? DID YOU FUCK MY BROTHER?” Spike was filled with fury, once more, as he got in her face. Buffy opened her mouth to speak, and closed it again, like a fish in troubled water.

“It is.” Angel said, causing Spike to turn. Angel’s nose was bleeding, and he grabbed a few Kleenex’s from the coffee table, holding the painful break. “The night of your eighteenth birthday, three weeks before prom. I was supposed to bring Buffy to help with the decorations, but we got sidetracked. I think our excuse was a flat tire. I made the first move, but this little one was quick to let me. It only happened once, but the word is stamina. She likes it rough.”

His words sent Spike forward again, and he earned a quick jab in the eye. Angel hit him back, squarely in the jaw, and Spike stumbled, nearly knocking Buffy over. She shrieked, and tears began falling.

Spike got on his feet once more, facing Buffy. “I want you to tell me…is it true?” He was angry, just in pain, both emotionally and physically.

She choked out a sob. “Yes.”

That was all it took to send Spike into his room.

“What are you doing?” Buffy asked following him.

He didn’t reply, he only searched his drawer for a t-shirt, and put on an old pair of Adidas. Then he went straight for the exit.

“Spike…please…”

He spun around, with her close on his heals. “It’s not even the fact that he’s my brother, it’s the fact that you kept it a secret. I was your best friend, and we were lovers. Now, I can barely look at you.” He opened the front door, and left her standing there, and she collapsed the floor in tears.

*A/N: Don't be mad...don't be mad...love will prevail...Thanx, Ash...*
All Falls Down by Sabrina
Chapter Eleven: All Falls Down

One call to Willow, and Buffy was still in Spike’s apartment, awaiting his return in tears. Angel left back to Darla’s and in his state, she was sure to take him back. Before he left he had a few choice words with Buffy.

“You thought I didn’t know?” Our bedrooms are across the hall from one another, with paper-thin wall. I masturbated every time I heard you moan. I was just waiting to catch you two.” His tone was harsh, and he looked over her body with satisfaction. “I could use a little loving before I leave. After all, I doubt Spike will want to touch you again.” With those words, Buffy’s anger was fueled, and one swift kick to the groin was presented.

“Get out.” She ordered, rushing into Spike’s room, and throwing herself on the bed.

At four in the morning, Buffy found herself being awoken, by the sound of the front door unlocking. She rushed into the living room, as Spike entered, and found herself in the hallway, facing bloodshot eyes, and liquored breath.

“Spike?” She questioned worriedly.

Without responding, he slammed her against the wall hard, knocking her breath our. He roughly began fondling her, and barring down bruising kisses on her mouth, and neck.

Buffy whimpered in pain, and attempted pushing him away from her. He pinned her arms above her head one hand, and continued his assault. “Is this how you like it, Luv?”

“Please, don’t do this.” She cried, tears fresh on her cheeks. He slammed her against the wall again, wanting her to shut up.

He violently pulled at her dress, tugging it down her legs. Then, he took off his own pants. “Is this how he gave it to you?” He questioned, lifting her with one hand, and placing her hot entrance over his throbbing cock.

She cried again, this time in pleasure, and he began pounding into her. It was sweet misery; it hurt so bad that it was good, and Buffy found herself moaning with pleasure. He let go of her arms, and allowed her to hold his neck. She kissed him hard, and pulled back to look in her eyes. He quickened his pace, looking away. He was having his way, hammering her tight lips until the burned. She felt the fire, and began cumming with a scream.

“SPIKE!”

He released as well, a sigh of pleasure on his lips. He panted, catching his breath, and dropped her to the floor.

Startled, Buffy stood quickly. “Spike,” she called his name in a whisper.

He turned his face to the side, his back to her. “Sorry, pet, but I don’t want to go to prom with you either.”

“Spike…” Her voice filled with pain and tears spilled.

“Get your shit, and get out.” His tone was harsh and he went into the bathroom to shower.

She did as he ordered, sobbing loudly. She didn’t know that he was crying with her.

*

“The nerve. I have it in my mind to go over there, and beat up that dumb blonde…guy.” Willow was infuriated after awaking Buffy at five that evening, and hearing about the drama.

“H-he had a right. I was stupid. I should have told him.” Buffy said, as she lay on her side, unable to sleep on her bruised back. Her neck was covered with hickies and bite marks.

“I’m so sorry B-Buffy.” Tara stammered.

“I deserve every minute.” Buffy replied.

“No one deserve to be practically raped-“

“It wasn’t rape…I was okay with it after a little while.” She sighed.

“Planning on staying in here for the rest of the day?” Willow questioned worriedly.

“I just need a little time.” Buffy said, and Willow nodded in understanding.

Willow reached into her pocket, and handed Buffy the letter that she’d gotten from her mother. “I think you should read this.”

“Maybe it will cheer me up.” Buffy said, happily as Willow left the room with Tara.

*

The tears were hard to let go, and he was so ashamed of himself. He raped he. He took advantage, degraded her, and she took it. She even wanted it after some time. But it wasn’t acceptable.

He spent the day in bed, called in sick to work. He didn’t want anything, or anyone, but her. She haunted him, the curves of her body, the fullness of her lips…the way she moaned his name. Too guilty to face her, he was now in BA, Buffy Anonymous. He had to give her up in order to get over her.

*

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Buffy cried into the phone.

“I thought it was best sweetie. You’re going through a lot right now, and I was perfectly fine.” Joyce said through the receiver.

“You have cancer…” Buffy whispered. “And I wasn’t there.”

“Buffy, honey, I’m fine. I had the surgery right after you left and the cancer is in remission now.” Joyce said.

“I’m coming home.” Buffy said.

“No Buffy, at least wait until the guys leave. They only have four more days.” Joyce said.

“Okay, but is there anything I can do for you?” Buffy questioned, her heart pounding.

“Have fun.”

*A/N: Well...here it is...I will have up more soon...reveiw please, and thanx to my Beta and the readers!*
Wrong Number by Sabrina
Chapter Twelve: Wrong Number

It was hard after hearing the news and dealing with her emotions with Spike to have fun. So after two days with the Scoobies, Buffy went on home.

Spike spent those two days wallowing in self-pity. He hated himself for not having the courage to go to her and apologize. Finally, a day after Buffy left, the gang came by to spend the day with him.

“Where’s Buffy?” Was the first question out of his mouth, when he saw Anya, Xander, Willow, and Tara standing before the door.

“She went home, you big…stupid guy.” Willow said, venom dripping from her sweet tongue.

“What do you mean she went home?” He asked.

“It was odd really. She spent three days in bed, crying without an explanation to me or Xander, looking like she fell down a flight of stairs, and found out about her mother being sick.” Anya said, walking to the living room with her arms across her chest. The group followed. “You look like you got hit with a big fist on your jaw. It wasn’t Riley, was it?”

“No, it was my brother.” Spike replied.

“Why would Angel-“ Xander began.

“It’s a B-Buffy thing.” Tara interrupted.

“I’m sorry.” Spike replied, looking in Willow’s direction. The redhead just nodded.

“What for?” Xander was oblivious to the situation.

“L-let’s not worry about that n-now.” Tara said, nodding at Spike.

“Joyce is sick? Since when? How?” Spike was astounded once it registered.

Willow put on a frown. “Yeah, a while now. She found out she had a brain tumor when Buffy started planning the wedding. She didn’t want to get in the way of the happy day, and decided to wait until Buffy was on her honeymoon to go through with surgery. She’s fine now.” Willow assured him, warily.

“You should go back to Sunnydale, and comfort her.” Anya made a circle with her fingers, and put her finger on the other hand through it fast. “I could feel the sexual tension the other day.” She replied when Spike gave her a shocked expression.

“Bloody hell!”

*

Buffy stood in the basement separating her laundry, when she came across one of Spike’s black t-shirts. She put it up to her nose, and inhaled his scent, tears streaming down her cheek. She could hear foot steps down the creaking stairs and tossed the shirt in with the colors. She turned, expecting to see Dawn, or Giles, since her mother was in bed resting, but it was Riley.

“Riley…” She whispered his name, and soon she was rushing in his arms, and he was holding her as she sobbed uncontrollably.

“Shhh…Buffy, it’s okay. You’re here now, with me where you belong.” The words came out, but Buffy didn’t accept them.

“No Riley, this isn’t where I belong, that’s why I’m like this. I have to tell you everything.” She had to get it off her chest. Through sobs and her story, she could see Riley’s anger, but he understood.

That’s what made Riley so perfect, he understood. He was quick to comfort. “I always saw the chemistry between you two. That’s why I didn’t like him.” He informed her of his feelings for Spike.

“I don’t know what to do…I love him.” She said.

But then the clouds grew dark, and he wanted her for himself. “If he wasn’t quick to forgive, Buffy, you just have to stay away from him for a little while. You have to figure yourself out.”

He was clear in his opinion, and Buffy allowed him to hold her in the middle of the basement.

*

The phone rang four times, before it was finally picked up. “Buffy?” Spike questioned.

“She doesn’t want to talk to you, bleach boy.” Riley said, in a harsh tone. The truth was, Buffy was asleep and Riley kept her company. He tried to get closer, he could deny his love for her, but she only pushed him away.

“What are you doing there, White bread?” Spike felt his anger rise.

”I know what you did to her, how you treated her, and I’ll do everything in my power to make sure she’s safe from you.” Riley was seething with hatred. He knew if Spike stood away, Buffy would come back to him, marry him like she was supposed to in the first place. “I was the only person she trusted enough to tell about Angel, and you got the other end of the bargain, so I think it’s best that you leave her alone. Forget her, because she won’t be thinking about you.”

Spike slammed down the receiver, rage consuming him. He made his way into his room, taking the framed picture of him and Buffy and throwing it across the room. It hit the wall, and shattered. He went back into the kitchen, and searched until he found what he wanted. He spent the rest of the night, drowning his sorrows in liquor.

*

“Who was it, Riley?” Buffy asked, coming down the stairs.

“No one, wrong number. You should go back upstairs and rest.” Riley said.

“Can you come? I know it’s stupid, but without Spike…I have a hard time. Maybe you could just lay here until I fall back to sleep.”

“Of course I can.” He put his hand on the small of her back and led her upstairs.

*A/N: Sorry guys, but in order for this story to develope, I need to show you their attempt to move on. You guys aren't going to like the next two chapters but hang in there. Another thanx to Ash...and more feedback from the readers, please!!!*
Moving On? by Sabrina
Chapter Thirteen: Moving On?

“He asked about me?” Buffy questioned curiously, when Willow returned to Sunnydale. They were in Buffy’s room, sitting on the bed, while talking over the situation.

“He didn’t look good at all. Besides for the whole bruise from Angel, he looked like he’s been drinking and crying since that night.” Willow replied.

“While I was there, he drank beers a little, but he didn’t once pick up a cigarette. Not even after sex.” Buffy recalled.

“He practically raped you. I think his wallowing should continue.” Willow let out a sigh.

“Buffy,” Dawn interrupted the two, “mom wants to know if Willow is staying for dinner?”

Buffy looked over at her friend. “We could use a girl’s night.”

“Yeah, I’ll stay.” Willow said.

Once the pizza was gone, Buffy and Willow headed up to the room again, to drown themselves in sad romance movies. Buffy’s first pick was A Walk To Remember.

“You know, Spike was all nerves during the wedding. When you were getting ready, he was freaking out. Babbling about how he’ll never get a chance to give you more than his friendship.” Willow suddenly said.

Buffy looked over at her in surprise. Are you saying he liked me before I went to New York?”

“Way before…high school before. Drusilla left him because he wouldn’t let the friendship go, and she was so jealous of you.” Willow replied, taking a sip of her soda.

“You’re kidding.” Buffy said, amazed.

“Nope. Remember that day in English, twelfth grade…”

*Flashback*

He watched her, as she stood in front of the class, reciting a poem ironically titled, “Angel.”

“I can’t believe she’s wasting poetry on the ponce.” Spike muttered from the back of the room.

“That ponce, or whatever you call it, is your brother. Have some respect for that big muscular…” Cordelia trailed off, losing herself in daydreams of Angel.

“She’s really got it bad for him.” Oz stated from Spike’s side, gesturing to Buffy.

“Not as bad was Spike’s got it for her.” Xander said, as he sat in front of the two beside Willow.

“You weren’t supposed to say it in front of everyone, Whelp.” Spike said, a little too loud, earning a look from the teacher.

*

Spike sat in the bar, and downed his fifteenth beer in one gulp. “Another, Willie.” He called to the bartender.

“I think you’ve had enough, buddy. What ever happened to your job?” Willie questioned.

“Got fired. I have money, though. I have enough money to hold me over for about a year. My parents live in England, and they send me some to keep me from going home. I’m a little much for their people.” His words were slurred.

“What happened to ya?” Willie asked.

“I fucked up,” was Spike’s reply. He looked to his right, to see a tall model-like brunette. She smiled at him coyly, as she put the beer bottle to her lips and licked the tip. “Hi, there, pet.” He said, looking over her body.

“The name’s Lilah. I came in for a little after work drink, but I have a feeling I’m going to get a little more.” She wore a pinstripe pants suit, stood from her seat. It wasn’t long before she had him in her car, and he allowed her to ride him. The Mercedes bounced to their rhythm, and as soon as they came; they headed back to her place to continue.

He wasn’t thinking, or he was. Buffy clouded his mind, and he imagined the woman before him, that was sucking his dick, was Buffy. He moaned and groaned, fucking her mouth, and whispering Buffy’s name.

Lilah didn’t care; she only wanted to get hers.

All Spike wanted was a temporary replacement, until he had enough nerve to get Buffy back, or forget her forever.

*A/N: I know, I'm evil, but it's the process of trying to get over someone. It will get better after all the bad stuff....I love u readers, now, review:)....Thanx to my beta, Ash...*
Missing Him by Sabrina
Chapter Fourteen: Missing Him

She pulled on her shortest black mini, and highest knee high black boots. Her black top was tight and sheer, a white tank top underneath. She was going to the Bronze, and she was going to force herself to enjoy it.

It had been two months since that night, since Spike used her and threw her to the side after finding out the truth. She needed to get out there. The only man that wanted her at that moment was Riley, and she couldn’t go through that again.

“Buffy, are you going somewhere?” Giles asked from his place on the recliner, when Buffy passed the living room.

“Just Bronzing.” She replied. She slowed at Giles’ worried expression. “Is that okay? Is mom okay? Where’s Dawn?” She had been out of tune with her family since she came back from New York.

“You’re mother’s sleeping, and Dawn’s at Janice’s. Everything is fine…I’m actually quite worried about you.” He took off his glasses and cleaned the lenses with his handkerchief. He usually did so when he was nervous.

“Me? Giles, I’ll be fine.” She replied. “I just have a lot on my mind since I left Spike…I mean New York.”

“It has come to my attention that something happened between you and Spike.” He said.

“What makes you think that?” She asked.

“The phone bill wasn’t as high as it was when you and Spike were considered ‘Spuffy.’” He replied.

“Don’t worry about me, Giles. I’ll get over it.” She took her leather jacket from the coat rack beside the front door. “Don’t wait up.” She warned, making her way out the door.

*

“Buffy…” Again, he moaned her name, and with a whisper in his ear from the girl beneath him, he corrected himself. “Cecily…”

“That’s better, Baby.” She said, with a gasp of ecstasy. “I can’t help…but wonder who…that Buffy…is…you scream…her name almost…every time you’re…cumming for me…” She said between each thrust.

“None of your bloody business.” He said, as he released his seed with the latex glove. He rolled over to Cecily’s side, and discarded the condom. Within minutes, he was dressing quickly, and out the door without a goodbye.

*

“Buffy, I’m glad to see you leave the confines of your room, other than for going to work.” Xander said, when she entered the Bronze.

“Came in search for a little help obtaining some orgasms?” Anya questioned, sipping her drink.

“No, just came to start the process of moving on.” Buffy sat across from the couple, and looked around the small club.

“Are you looking for a willing partner to shake your groove thing with?” Anya asked.

Buffy spotted a bleached head of spiky hair across the room, and for a second her heart jumped out of her throat. But then she saw it wasn’t Spike, and she let out a sigh. A tap on her shoulder, and smiling blue eyes on a brunette, lead her to the dance floor.

“I’m Parker Abram.” He said into her ear, putting his hands around her waist.

“Buffy Summers.” She said, her arms encircling his neck. She let herself get lost in the feel of his hold, a stranger’s hold. That’s what made it better. It was new and exciting.

*

It was all he could do from going crazy, sex with a different girl each night. It was mostly because he barely slept without her beside him. When he went home to his own bed, he snuggled up beside a t-shirt that and belonged to Buffy, inhaling the smell of vanilla and jasmine.

But that night was different, he felt a song within his heart, and began doing something he hadn’t been able to in a while. He sat on the couch, his guitar in his arms, and a pen in the other, as he wrote down lyrics to a song.

*

When he offered to walk her home, she accepted, taking his hand happily. The night was chilly, and autumn was present in the wind.

“I’ve never really looked into a girls eyes, and felt so utterly perfect. Well, until now.” He spoke, sweetly. His charm was irresistible.

“I’m flattered.” She spoke softly.

“You seem like you’ve gone through a lot, Buffy.” Parker could see the pain in her eyes, pain that people of thirty have experienced.

“More than enough.” She was brief but gave his hand a gentle squeeze.

“I can take it all away.” They came before her house, and turned to face each other once they reached the stairs.

“Please do.” She begged, and he leaned in to kiss her. Their lips fused together, and in an instant Buffy was stumbling backwards. The heat of his lips was a reminder of Spike; all they had together, every touch. She let out a sob, and went for the door. “I’m sorry…I can’t.” She fumbled with the keys, but got the door open.

She slammed it shut, and leaned her back against the mahogany, sliding to the floor in tears.

“Buffy?” Dawn’s voice came from the top of the stairs, and the sight down below, sent her rushing. “Buffy, what happened?”

Buffy looked at her little sister kneeling before her worriedly, tears streaming down her face. “I-I can’ do it. I can’t forget about him. I just miss Spike.” As the words fumbled from her lips, she let out a cry, and sobbed in Dawn’s thin arms.


*A/N: Aw...*DRY TEAR*...well it's progressing here and there, but i have many surprises ahead, so brace yourself.*
Without Me by Sabrina
Chapter Fifteen: Without Me

“Mom, I love you. Thanks so much for understanding.” Buffy said hugging her mother.

Joyce gave her oldest daughter a gentle smile, a weak smile. Inside, although she hid it, she wasn’t doing well, and Joyce figured it was best if Buffy made an attempt to get back the one person who brought the light in her eyes.

“Just be careful, honey.”

The break down helped ease her pain, after she admitted her true feelings. It didn’t take Buffy long to take a flight back to New York, an attempt to rekindle what they’d lost with her mistake. She hoped that he was there, waiting for her.

*

She used the key she’d forgotten to give back to make her way into the apartment, and it was back to the disheveled appearance it was in when she first visited. It was somewhat worse.

She made her way to his room with caution, hoping to find him there. She entered, and saw the shattered picture on the floor. She picked up the pieces, throwing out the glass, and placing the photo on the nightstand. She sat on the rumpled bed, and saw the pink t-shirt she thought she lost.

A smile found it’s way to her lips, as she folded it, and placed it on his pillow. She thought it was a good idea if she waited. The ringing of the phone had her up, and in the kitchen. She didn’t make in time, but the answering machine picked up.

“Spike, it’s Candy. Last night was wonderful, and I was wondering if you’d like to come by tomorrow. Call me.” A Chipper voice said, and Buffy’s smile faded.

She hesitated at first, but the blinking 7 on the answering machine was calling her. She pressed play, and heard a streak of different female voices.

“It’s Lilah. I’m up for desk sex, my office, around 5.”

“Blondie bear, I missed you last night. Come by tonight, please.”

“Hey Spike, Faith. I was hoping you were up for a little one on one if you know what I mean. You know where to find me.”

“Veruca here. We’re playing at the club tonight, thought you’d be interested I coming by after the show, have a little fun.”

“Hey Spike, it’s Fred. I’ve been looking for Buffy. She didn’t even say goodbye, and Gunn and I were worried. It’s been a while. Pass this message to her when you can.”

Tears flooded her eyes, and she rushed for the exit, and down the stairs. On the way she bumped into him.

“Buffy!” He was shocked, and concerned. “What’s going on, what are you doing?” He went to grab her arm, but she flinched backwards. “Buffy, Luv, don’t do that. I won’t hurt you.”

“I was stupid to think you’d be waiting for me.” Her voice shook as her tears overcame, and she was running away.

He chased her out of the building. “Please, don’t leave me.”

She spun around to face him. “Looks like you have more than enough to keep you occupied. Your answering machine speaks volumes.” She was off, heading for the train station.

Fury took him, and he let it out on the cement structure he called home. A crack rang out as his knuckles connected with the building, but he was numb to the pain.

*

“I can’t believe it. Six girls on the machine?” Fred asked a tearful Buffy.

“Seven if I include you.” Buffy sniffled. She was so grateful for the skinny brunette before her, who didn’t hesitate to allow Buffy to stay. “I can’t believe I thought I’d just walk in there and claim him again. I’m such an idiot.”

“You’re in love.” Fred comforted.

“And he’s not. He’s been sleeping with half of New York.” She rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand, and let out a sigh.

“I don’t know, Buffy. Maybe he was trying to forget you. He hurt you, something bad, and instead of going after you he decided to take it out by sleeping with an array of different girls.” Fred explained, sitting beside Buffy on her floral print couch.

“That doesn’t help much…” Buffy was drowsy from all the crying. She had arrived in New York that afternoon and she was planning on leaving the next morning. “I mean, I kissed Parker, and all I could think about was how I felt when Spike kissed me. Riley has been trying so hard to fix things between us, but I make it clear tat I’m not interested. Now, seeing how Spike was so quick to get comfort in other places, I wish I would have done the same.”

*

Spike spent the night in the emergency room, getting his fractured knuckles in a cast. He fucked up, once again. When he saw her, all of the emotions he’d been failing to ignore, came rushing back.

As the nurse fitted him with the cast, he couldn’t help but wish he had gone after her. He was sure he was the last person she anted at that point.

“How’s this happen?” She strawberry blonde nurse asked innocently, a flirtatious smile on her face.

“I punched a wall after a little argument with my girlfriend.” He couldn’t believe he referred to Buffy as his girlfriend. It had been a while since he had her in his arms.

“Either she really pissed you off, or you fucked up.” She said.

“I fucked up, but she’s going to forgive me. She can’t bloody live without me.” It all became clear, what he’d have to do, and it started with disconnecting his phone.

*A/N: I'm such a tease....anyway...I know I'm dragging this out really far, but it'll be worth it....Spike will be back after the next chapter....:-P...I just like to make u guys suffer a bit...j/k....Well, reveiw!! Thanx to Ash.*
Grief by Sabrina
Chapter Sixteen: Grief

*A/N: You may not like this, but it goes with the story...thanx to my beta for understanding!!!*

Buffy entered the house with caution. It had been eerily quite, and the car was gone. She searched everywhere for a sign of life, and opted for calling Giles’ cell phone, but decided to check and see if her mother was asleep.

She slowly made her way upstairs, and pushed open her mother’s bedroom door. Her mother lay on her side, her back to Buffy. Buffy approached the empty bedside, and shook her mother’s bare shoulder. It was cold.

“Mom?” She questioned. When she received no response, she pulled her mother toward her.

Joyce’s body limply went to her back, her lifeless eyes staring at nothing.

“Mom?” Buffy cried out, putting her hand to her mouth as tears began streaming down her face.

“Don’t touch her.” Dawn’s shaky voice came from behind Buffy. “Why’d you touch her, she was sleeping.” The girl sobbed.

“Dawn, come on, we have to call Giles.” Buffy said, turning to her little sister before she could run to her dead mother.

“What for? Mom’s fine she sleeping. I came upstairs to tell her about my day at school, and she was sleeping.” Dawn was becoming hysterical, as Buffy calmly dragged her down the stairs to the living room.

“Please, stay here.” Buffy begged slightly.

Dawn sat on the couch reluctantly, balling her eyes out, as Buffy went back up the stairs the cordless phone in hand. She dialed 911 first.

“Nine-one-one, what’s your emergency?” A lady asked.

“M-my mother, she’s dead.” Buffy spoke, fresh tears making a trail down her cheeks.

*

Giles entered in time to see the paramedics load Joyce’s body into the van in a black bag. He saw Dawn sitting on the steps in front of the house, crying.

“Where’s Buffy?” He asked, holding back his tears.

“Upstairs.” Dawn replied, sobbing.

“Come inside, Dawn. We’re going to have to go to the hospital for the coroner’s report.” As he spoke, his own tears escaped. Although Joyce hadn’t been looking well since the operation, the doctors were sure that she was going to be fine. It shocked him to hear that his wife was gone.

He found Buffy, sitting on her mother’s bed, the bed he shared with Joyce, her face inexpressive. “Buffy,” Giles spoke softly, “we have to go to the hospital.”

She was unresponsive.

“Is she okay?” Dawn asked from behind her stepfather. She wiped her tears on the back of her hand, her arms across her chest.

“I don’t know. Buffy.” He shook her shoulder gently, and Buffy looked up at him with teary eyes.

“They tried to bring her back.” Buffy said. “It didn’t work.”

Giles offered her his hand, and she took it. Dawn took the other, and they made their way to the car.

*

“I don’t understand how this happens…she was here and I knew her, and now she’s gone.” Anya cried in the middle of Willow and Tara’s dorm room, and when Xander attempted to put his arms around her shaking shoulders, she pushed him away.

Willow cried on Tara’s shoulder, and Xander allowed his anger to get the best of him, and punched the wall. “Ouch.”

Anya looked up at him. “What did you do that for?” She asked, standing up to observe his bloody knuckles.

“Just felt right at the time, maybe help me with my emotions.” He replied.

“Did it work?” Tara asked.

“For a second, but now it’s just ouch.” He stated.

The phone of Willow’s nightstand began ringing, and she picked it up. “Spike! No Buffy isn’t here, she’s at the hospital.” She was oblivious to what happened the day before in New York.

“Is she alright?” Spike asked nervously, through the receiver.

“She’s fine…but you should catch the quickest flight out here. Joyce passed away.” Fresh tears formed in her eyes, and came down her cheeks.

“No,” was the only word that Spike could form.

“Yeah, the doctors said it was an aneurysm. Giles called us from the hospital. Buffy’s in a state of shock, she’s not talking much. Dawn is just crying.” Willow explained.

“I’ll be there before tomorrow.” He hung up the phone.

“Spike’s coming.” Willow said. “Buffy will be better when he comes back.”

*

Riley was sitting with Buffy at the hospital when the Scoobies arrived. She wasn’t speaking to him, only looking forward at nothing.

“Still no response?” Xander asked worriedly.

“Not really. She’ll say something here or there, about Joyce sleeping, or the medics trying to wake her up, or she should have been there, but she saw Spike first.” Riley replied, spitting out the blonde’s name.

“She saw Spike?” Willow looked at Giles for an answer.

“She caught a plane yesterday morning, came back this afternoon a little after Dawn found Joyce.” Giles explained.

“I-I’m guessing it didn’t g-go so well since Spike I-isn’t here.” Tara said.

“I’m not sure.” Giles said.

Xander and Anya were at Dawn’s side, attempting to cheer her up.

A doctor came over and shined a light in Buffy’s eyes. “She’s in a state of shock, you should take her home, and put her in bed. She should be fine after the funeral, and I’ll give you some medication that may help.”

Giles spoke to the doctor on the side, as Willow took Riley’s place beside Buffy.

“I better go. It’s pretty clear that she doesn’t need me anymore.” Riley put a hand through his light brown hair with a sigh. “Call me, and I’ll be at the service.” He said to Willow and left.

“I thought the doctors said Mom was gonna be okay.” Dawn sniffled.

“It was unexpected.” Giles said, sitting beside Dawn. “You’re mother was feeling a bit of pain, but she chose to ignore it.”

“Don’t worry, Dawn. At least she’s not suffering anymore.” Xander flinched at his own words as he knelt before Dawn.

“What about Buffy?” Dawn looked over at her older sister.

Tara stood beside Xander. “She’ll g-get through it, B-Buffy’s strong.”
Stay by Sabrina
Chapter Seventeen: Stay

Spike waited patiently at JFK airport. He couldn’t get a plane until the next morning. He was desperate to reach Buffy. The next available flight was the next afternoon. At the rate he was going, he wouldn’t reach Sunnydale until the next night.

He spent the night in there, wandering around with his duffel bag on his shoulder. He wasn’t sure what he could say to Buffy in order to have her forgiveness.

*

Buffy lay in her bed, staring at the window. Everything was happening so fast. Joyce was gone, her mother…Dawn was a mess, Giles was hiding his pain, and she felt alone. Add in Spike, and she was mere seconds from cracking, but she couldn’t allow herself a chance to cry.

She’s spent the day in her room, lying there. Dawn made an attempt to speak to her.

“Buffy, are you okay?” No answer came. It hurt too much to speak.

Soon, day turned to night and the next day would be the funeral. Buffy couldn’t go, she wanted so badly to ignore it, pretend her mother was in her room at the moment sleeping, or downstairs watching TV with Dawn. Maybe she just stayed at the gallery late, and was due home any second.

With that thought the doorbell rang, and slowly, Buffy got out of bed. She wanted to think that her mother forgot the keys, and as she descended the stairs, she could here Dawn’s hushed whispers.

“She hasn’t left her room since we got home from the hospital yesterday, just to use the bathroom. She hasn’t even showered.” The young girl’s eyes turned to her older sibling coming down the steps, one by one. She stepped aside, opening the door wider, allowing the bleach blonde, leather clad man to come in.

Buffy stopped at the foot of the stairs, hugging herself tightly.

Spike looked into her eyes, and saw the pain hidden within. “Buffy…” He said her name so softly. He reached for her, but she didn’t come to him.

She stood frozen in place. There was a bitter taste in her mouth, from not speaking, or eating for the entire day. She just watched him, thinking he was a figment of her imagination.

Spike stepped forward, putting his hands on her shoulders, guiding her to him. The moment her head made contact with his muscular chest, she broke down.

He was real, and she was sobbing like a child in his arms.

“Let it out, pet. It’s going to be okay.” He soothed her, running his hands over her hair. “When is Giles coming home?”

“Late,” Dawn sniffled. “You can stay, I’m sure he won’t mind. She needs you. I’m going to bed.” She made her way past the couple, but not before kissing her sister’s shoulder. “Take care of her.”

Spike only nodded. He took off his duster, and hung it of the coat rack, before leading Buffy upstairs into the bathroom. “You need a bath, pet. Let me take care of you.” He pleaded with her as she stood there, distancing herself from him.

“What about them?” She sniffled.

“Those girls were poor replacements for you. I’m a bad man, Buffy, but I only did it because I couldn’t be without you.” It was a bad excuse, but it was the truth.

“They’re dirty, what if you got something?” She questioned.

“Used protection, Luv. You’re the only woman I’ve been with since Dru that I didn’t.” His words were earnest. He went over to the tub, and set the water to the perfect temperature, allowing it to fill up.

She fell to the tile floor in a crumpled mess of sobs. “She’s gone, Spike. She’s gone and there’s nothing I can do about it. I didn’t even get to say goodbye.” Their problems were forgotten, and Spike sat with her, his arms around her, allowing his tears to fall.

“Buffy, when my parents sent me here to stay with my aunt, I never thought I’d know the love of a family, until I came here, and met your mum, and Giles. I’ll miss her just as much, because when you weren’t there and I came rushing to this house with a broken heart, Joyce was so quick to set out the hot chocolate and chat with me. And she never forgot those little marshmallows I love, so much. I was lost without you, Buffy, after you left. I couldn’t turn to your mother, because I was ashamed, and I avoided calling, except once when the poof answered, but the point is that I missed everything. I didn’t get to say goodbye either.” Spike babbled.

“But, she was my mother.”

“I know, pet, but she’s at peace.”

Buffy looked up, into the vast oceans of his eyes. She leaned forward, and kissed him. He was caught off guard, but his lips were moist and soft.

She wanted to escape in him, and he knew it, but he couldn’t let it happen. There were still issues they had t work on. “As much as I want you, Buffy, we can’t. Not until everything is right.”

She nodded, understanding his reasoning.

He stood, and helped her up. “Do you want me to undress you?” He didn’t mean to sound sexual, but couldn’t help it.

He stepped close to her, slowly unbuttoning the flannel top she wore. He pushed it off her tanned shoulders, allowing it to fall to the floor. He was mesmerized, at first, but then went back to the task at hand, untying the bottoms. The crumpled to the floor, and she stepped out of them, her body bare.

It had been so long since he’d had her, but he had to be platonic with her for the time being.

“Wash me.” She said, and she sunk into the full tub, and turned off the water. She went under, wetting her hair and came back up.

He shampooed her hair first; massage her head so she could relax, as he shared memories of Joyce with her. When she finished rinsing off her hair, he hesitated to start on her body.

He took the washcloth she handed him, and poured the vanilla body wash on it. He caressed her body gently, from her torso to her ass, to her toes. He skipped her pussy, then went back up, and decided to give her a release.

He ran the washcloth over her swollen lips, massaging gently, and earning a moan. He lost the cloth, and slowly pushed his fingers within.

“Spike…” She whispered with a gasp.

He worked her, pumping in and out of her tight center. “Let me take care of your needs.” He whispered

She groaned, and whimpered before he felt her clench and release. He took the cloth in his hand once more, and washed off her juices.

She stood on wobbly leg, reaching out to hold his shoulder. He looked her up and down, but quickly looked away. His erection was becoming painful. He reached the rack for her towel, and wrapped in around her body tightly.

With his arm around her shoulder, he led her to her bedroom.

“Maybe I should go to the hotel, get a room.” He said, turning to the door as she dressed in a short white cotton nightgown.

She put a hand on his shoulder. “Just hold me.” She whispered.

He turned to face her, planting a chaste kiss on her lips. “Are you sure?”

“Please…stay.” She threw back the comforter, as Spike removed his combat boots and shirt. She went over to her drawer and pulled out a pair of sweatpants that belonged to him. She turned as he pulled off his pants, and slipped them on, afraid that she wouldn’t be able to control herself. She was a little disappointed that she allowed him to please her, when he didn’t deserve the satisfaction, but she felt so complete to have him touch her, and speak to her.

She slipped into bed when he finished, and he followed. His hand made it’s way around her waist, and they faced each other, her legs tangled between his. Her hand reached his hair, and she leaned over for a kiss.

“Goodnight.” She whispered on his lips.

“Night, Luv.”

*A/N: Just to let you guys know, I'm not going to make it this easy...Reveiw please and there's more to come...Thanx to Ash, and you lovely readers.*
I Promise by Sabrina
Chapter Eighteen: I Promise

In the middle of the night, Buffy awoke from the best slumber she had in weeks, to see Spike’s face, so innocent as he slept. She felt a million times better after yesterday’s episode, but she wasn’t ready to forgive him for the other day. She removed his arm from her waist, slowly, and stood.

He stirred and whimpered at the loss of touch, but remained asleep. She leaned over and kissed his forehead, before making her way out of the room. She crept into Dawn’s room, and heard sniffling.

“Dawn?” She questioned into the darkness.

“Yeah?” Dawn was still awake, unable to sleep due to the stress that had sent her into a downward spiral. She lay with her back to Buffy, her shoulders shuddering.

Buffy moved to the side of the bed. “I came to stay with you for a little…talk a bit.”

“Let me guess, Spike healed you and now you’re going to try with me. Well, save it. Mom’s gone, and no boy or even you can change the way I feel.” Dawn was cold.

Buffy lay in the bed beside her, taking some of the covers and snuggling in. She wrapped her arms around her sister’s waist and pulled her close. “I’m not trying to, and I don’t feel great about what’s happening. I just want to be there for you. I haven’t exactly been the strong one the last couple of days.”

“Days? How about, since you got back from New York the first time.” Dawn said. “Is everything better with you and Spike?”

“He comforted me, but there’s still a lot to talk about. I wish I could just forgive him, but I can’t right now.” Buffy sighed, and tightened her hold on her sister. “Now, what’s on your mind?”

“Who’s going to take care of me?” Dawn sounded scared, almost terrified.

“Giles and me. Giles sent a letter to Dad in Europe, asking for full custody of you. We’re waiting for a reply.” Buffy explained.

“What about you?” Dawn yawned a bit.

“I’m twenty years old, I don’t exactly need a parent, but I’ll be living here until I want to leave. Giles said he’s willing to take good care of us as long as we need him.” Buffy was so grateful for the pep talk Giles had with her at the hospital, although all she could do was nod. He was a godsend.

“We’re lucky Buffy.” Dawn whispered. “But I’m still going to miss her.”

“I know Dawn. We just have to take it one day at a time.” With soothing words of love and peace, Dawn fell asleep, and Buffy drifted along with her.

*

Spike awoke in an empty bed, alone and somewhat cold. He figured Buffy must have waked up earlier. He looked over at the digital clock on the nightstand, and it read 9AM. He yawned, and made his way out of the room after brushing his teeth.

Giles was in the hallway, on his way downstairs. “Sleep well?”

“Yeah,” Spike replied with a small smile. “Where’s Buffy?”

“Asleep in Dawn’s room.” A perplexed smile crossed Spike’s feature at the older man’s reply.

“I’m sorry…about Joyce. We all loved her.”

Giles nodded at Spike’s words, and made his way downstairs. “Wake the girls.” He called up. “We have to be at the church in an hour.”

Spike tiptoed into Dawn’s room; a smile crossing his face at the sight of the siblings snuggled up together. He laid a gentle kiss in Buffy’s hair, and she stirred.

Her eyes fluttered open, and she smiled when she saw him standing above her. “Spike…” She said groggily. Then she scowled, and jumped from the bed. “I’m still mad…I may have let you take advantage of my vulnerability with your…magic fingers, but not today.” She said, pointing a finger at him.

Magic, huh?” A cocky smile slid to his face, and he looked over at Dawn, who was sitting up and rubbing sleep from her eyes.

“Shut up.” Buffy said, rage filling her eyes. He was enjoying it; he loved it when she squirmed.

“Guys, why are you in here?” Dawn asked, standing. She wore Buffy’s yummy Sushi pajamas, her long hair in disarray.

“Sorry, nibblet. Just came to tell you and big sis here, that you have an hour to get ready for the church services.”

A silence ran through the room, and tears filled Dawn’s eyes. Buffy, reached out to comfort her little sister, and they embraced each other as their tears fell. Collapsing to the floor in a heap, they held each other for dear life, as though they were all they had left.

Spike quietly stepped out of the room, closing the door behind him. They needed each other more than anything.

*

Buffy stood before the grave as the preacher said his sermon, Dawn’s head on her shoulder, and Spike holding her hand tightly. A tear ran down her cheek and he squeezed her hand gently. She squeezed back in reply. She needed him more than anything.

After the sun went down and everyone went home for a small gathering in remembrance of her mother, Buffy stayed in the cemetery. Spike hovered in the background, giving her time. He glanced at his watch one last time, and it was already eight.

“Buffy, Luv…Giles and Dawn are gonna be worried. We should get going.” He came up behind her, whispered in her ear.

A chill went through her body. “I don’t what I’m thinking of more…the fact that she’s dead, or that I’m in love with you.”

Spike’s breath caught in his throat and when he opened his mouth to reply, nothing came out.

She turned to him, close to him, her body touching his, clothes keeping them from feeling. She looked up into his eyes, love apparent. “But we’re not made for each other. We weren’t meant to be.”

“Buffy…we are…I messed up and I’m sorry. Yesterday...” His words were sincere, and tears began flooding through both. He leaned in kissing her cheek, tasting her water.

“I was weak yesterday, I needed you more than anything. Now, I think I just need time…you hurt me. Not with those girls or how you treated me that night, but you didn’t come after me or call. You left me on the floor in that hallway, and you basically spat on me.”

“I was drunk and I did call, Buffy, but captain cardboard told me you didn’t want to speak to me.”

“What do expect, Spike? That he was going to just hand me the phone. In his eyes you took me away from him. You didn’t try again.” There was so much pain in her voice.

It was killing him. “I’m so sorry.”

“If you really mean that, you’ll give me a chance to think.” Her words were soft, as she leaned up, and captured his lips. One last kiss before they parted ways.

“Please…just come back to me.” His voice was hoarse, and he sounded like he was taken by agony.

“I will…I promise.”

*A/N: The end is near...but will Buffy and Spike choose each other??? Reveiw...
Let Go by Sabrina
Chapter Nineteen: Let Go

She sat in her room, Willow on the bed beside her.

“Just like that, you told him to give you time?” Willow questioned, looking at Buffy with wide eyes.

“I’m not ready to jump into something that will just end up out of control.” Her voice was hoarse and pained.

“He’s not leaving Buffy.” Willow said in a hushed voice.

“What do you mean?” Buffy questioned.

“He’s moving back to Sunnydale. He’s not going to risk losing you, again.”

*

The apartment complex was small, but the apartment was spacious. It had only one bedroom, and thanks to Buffy’s friends Gunn and Wesley, Spike’s things were arriving in one piece. The town that he vowed to remain distant from was becoming home again.

“Wow, Spike. This place is not bad.” Xander said, looking around the pale yellow wall, and inhaling the smell of fresh paint.

“I’m beginning to think so, myself.” Spike said, grabbing two beers from the fridge and tossing one to his friend. They both plopped down on the navy blue couch with a sigh.

“Did you tell her?” Xander asked curiously.

“No…haven’t had the guts.” Spike said, taking a sip of his beer.

Xander sighed. “She’s miserable without you, and she’ll be at the Bronze soon enough. She’ll probably end up ordering a drink from you sooner or later.”

“I am one lucky man. Lorne is great for giving me the job.” Spike took another sip.

“I’m talking about Buffy, the girl you’re in love with, not your new job, man.” Xander waved his unopened beer around.

Spike grabbed it from his hand once he finished his own. “A very lucky man.” He repeated.

*

Buffy sat in the living room, her feet under her bottom, as she flipped through the channels on the television. It had been two weeks since the funeral, and Dawn was at a friend's, while Giles spent most of his time at the gallery, in an attempt to keep his mind off of Joyce’s death. Buffy had been going to work as much as possible, allowing the children’s problems to take her mind off her own.

There was a gentle knock on the door, and thinking it was Willow or Xander, she yelled for their entrance. She bolted upright from her seat at the sight of the bleach blonde. “Spike…what are you doing here?” She asked.

Like a hunter, seeking his prey, he made his way toward her. He was slow, and yet he came so fast, stopping before her, his lips an inch away. He didn’t speak; he only stared into her eyes.

“We spoke about this, you’re supposed to give me time and-“ He put a finger on her lip, silencing her. She didn’t want to, she didn’t mean to, but she took his finger into her mouth, and sucked on it gently.

His erection that had arrived the moment he laid eyes on her, as now becoming painful, as he pulled his hand away, and descended on her lips. Soon she was parting for him, allowing his tongue to play its wicked game. Sooner she was on the couch, pushing off his duster, as he fought with the buttons on her shirt.

She reached his hands, and pushed them aside, ripping it open herself. His dick twitched, and he heard her voice, thick with desire.

“Upstairs.”

He took her in his arms, and took each step two at a time. They reached her bedroom, and his laid her gently on the bed, hovering over her at first, he surveyed her bare breasts.

“Please, let me have you, if only for tonight.” He requested, and she gave him a gentle nod.

He didn’t know why he had chosen to go there. He had been walking, and his feet just led him to the Summers’ residence. It was dark, and he could see her sitting on the couch alone through the window, and he had to touch her, be near her.

He bent down, kissing her breasts, giving them the attention they deserved. Not a day went by that he didn’t think of licking the perfect rose buds, and he was amazed that she was allowing him.

She moaned, and thrashed, as he slowly made his way down her belly, dipping his tongue into her navel, and continuing until her reached her jeans. He quickly unhooked the button, and slid them down her legs. He came back up to the cotton panties that hugged his cavern. They weren't a barrier for long, as he swiftly brought them down as well, and tossed them to the side with her jeans.

He licked her swollen lips first, before entering his home with his tongue. His thumb found her clit, and his other hand held down her belly. She bucked against his tongue and lips, and he savored her intoxicating juices, becoming drunk on her. Soon, she shuddered, and he came up slowly, pressing his jean-clad erection to her.

He rubbed slowly at first as she came down from euphoria. She was heated quickly after her recovery, and after she shoved down his pants, she was rolling him to his back. He let out a low sigh, as she took his hard member into her slowly. She started at a slow pace, building a rhythm.

He wanted to allow her to milk him, as he lye in ecstasy, but he began responding to her movements. “Buffy, I want you.” He whispered.

“You have me.” She responded.

He reached up, his fingers taking her hair, pulling her down to him for a kiss. It was heaven.

Once they achieved bliss, Buffy lay with her head on his chest, as he played with her blonde strands.

“Buffy…” He spoke her name so soft, and she looked into his eyes. “I know I should have told you, the moment I received that invitation, but…I love you.”

She almost choked on his words. “I love you, too, but I don’t know if I can give you what you’ve wanted. I’m not where I want to be right now, mentally.”

“I won’t let you go.” He replied.

*A/N: This is almost the end...two more chapters and the epilogue. It's been fun...please review and thanx for reading, and thanx to Ash.*
Goodnight Sweet Girl by Sabrina
Chapter Twenty: Goodnight Sweet Girl

She stood before the full-length mirror, a smile plastered on her face, as she twirled. The long white gown swished at her feet, and the veil whipped behind her. “This is the most happiest day of my life.” She gushed.

“Even better than that night you found fifty bucks in the street?” Buffy asked with a smile.

“As much as I love money, my love for Xander is far more important.” Anya said. They were finally getting married. “And to think, you were in this same room five months ago, and you fit through that window.”

“If it wasn’t for Spike, I would have reached that window.” Buffy stood beside Anya, wearing the lavender strapless bridesmaid dress she had picked. Anya wanted green, but Buffy was able to talk her out of it.

There was a gentle knock on the door, and then it was pushed open by Willow. “Are you almost ready? The Harris and Jenkins family are gonna go at it any minute if you don’t get your hide down that isle.”

“Go take your place.” Anya ordered Buffy.

Buffy made her way out of the small room and to the doors that lead to the aisle. Spike stood there, waiting for her in a black tux. She whistled low, and smiled at him appreciably.

As maid of honor and best man, Buffy linked her arm with Spike, holding a small bouquet of paisleys in her other hand.


“And just think, you would have been walking down this isle with Captain Cardboard if it wasn’t for me.” He whispered in her ear.

“I think I like it better this way.” She whispered back.

“Why, Ms. Summers, is that a proposal?” He asked, cocking an eyebrow.

“Do you want it to be?” She was being bold.

He smirked at her, the sexy way he usually did, but he didn’t answer her. Who would have thought, they had come to terms with their true feelings only a month ago? It seemed as though they belonged together.

The music started, and they began making their way down the isle, Willow following on Tara’s arm, Dawn on Anya’s Little brother Andrew’s, and a surprise, Cordelia on Oz’s. They got in line at the alter, the men beside Xander, and the women waiting for Anya. The flower girl walked at a quick pace, rushed by Anya, along with the ring barer.

Buffy only stared at Spike as he stood across from her, and The Wedding March began playing. A first, when Xander saw Anya, tears flooded his eyes.

The guests watched, in aw of the happy couple. Even Giles, who was Anya’s employer, looked as though he was going to cry. Riley sat in the audience, as well, eyeing Buffy. His date, Sam, gently elbowed his ribs, and he mouthed a “sorry” her way.

As Anya and Xander said their vows, Spike watched Buffy’s teary eyes. He realized that was what he wanted. He wanted her to belong to him for eternity.

*

“I was once a wreck…I know it’s not hard to believe, but a very special girl became my friend, and lover…not without a fight of course. So, with the bride and groom’s permission, I’m going to sing a little song that I wrote when I lost her.” Spike stood on the stage, a microphone in hand.

Oz was backing him on the bass, and Larry on the drums. The old band from Sunnydale High was back, for the day, at least. The reception had been bumpy, with the two families in the Bronze, and Xander recommended that Spike and the Dingoes get together for old time’s sake.

Buffy stood before the stage, looking up at him with a wide smile, and he began serenading her.

Are we done for now
Or is this for good
Will there be something in time?
With us there should

Only girl for me is you
There can be no other one
If I didn’t have faith
I would come undone

She swooned at his words, and she thought back to earlier that day, before they walked down that isle together. It had felt perfect.

So much promise in your eyes
Seems that I can only see
It always makes me wonder
If you save it all for me

Maybe you do
Maybe you don’t
Maybe you should
Probably won’t

He reached the edge of the stage, and reached for her hand. She took it, and he pulled her onto the stage.

Because there will be…
There will be other guys
Who will whisper in your ear
Say they’ll take away your sadness
And you fears

They may be kind and true
They may be good for you
But they’ll never care for you
More than I do

‘I won’t give any other man a chance to love you.’ He thought as he stared into her hazel eyes. He was drowning in her, his love radiating from his skin, his eyes, and combining with hers.

I’ll always be there
There to the end
I can’t do much
But be your one true friend

To the end
Through the end
Our lives to spend
With each other till the end
Of time…

He really ripped it without struggling, and Buffy felt her waterfall. His brow was sweating as he sung, and he put a hand on her waist, facing her.

Still see promise in your eyes
And still wonder id it’s for me
But I know it’s still there
Even when you sleep

So, I say, good night sweet girl

“I love you, Buffy.” He said through the applause.

*A/N: Okay, so we have two more chapters...::TEAR:: Don't worry, I'll be writing again. Enjoy raders and please review...thanx for Ash!!!*
A Long Time Coming by Sabrina
Chapter Twenty-One: Long Time Coming

“How come you’ve never written me a song?” Anya asked, as they sat at the big table with Willow, Tara, Cordelia, Oz, and Spike surrounding them. Buffy had excused herself to stop the make out session that had been going on between Dawn and her new boyfriend, Conner.

“Ahn, I can’t carry a note if my life depended on it.” Xander replied.

“So when did you become Buffy-whipped?” Cordelia asked curiously, her brows up.

“Bullocks. I am no such thing.” Spike defended, as he played with the small velvet box in his pocket.

“Sound the whips people.” Oz said, nonchalantly.

“That song was really great.” Willow said, excitedly.

“A-agree.” Tara stuttered.

“It’s nice to see that old crushes come up and bite you in the ass. I mean, you hated seeing her fawn over your brother, and now, you two fawn over each other.” Oz stated.

“But it has been one hell of a journey to get them here.” Xander said.

“But many good orgasms. Buffy’s been smiling a lot over the last month.” Anya said happily.

“Spike,” Buffy called from across the hall, as she stood by the bathroom door. Spike was up in a flash, excusing himself to make his way over to her.

“No such thing, my ass.” Cordelia said happy, as Anya’s cousin Groo tapped her on the shoulder and asked for a dance. She smiled widely and took his hand.

Spike kissed Buffy chastely on the lips, and looked into her eyes. “You wanted me, Luv?”

“I’m feeling a little, frisky. Especially after your performance.” She said. “Do you think we could-“

“How fast can you get out of that dress?” He asked, pushing her into the bathroom and locking the door behind them.

She spun around to give him access to the zipper. It slid down to pool at her feet. She spun back, her thong covering very little. He pushed her against the wall of the bathroom, and removed said thong. He then unbuttoned his slacks and let them fall to the floor. He took her ass in his hands and lifted her on to his shaft. She moaned as she slid down, and allowed him to thrust within her.

Outside of the bathroom door, a crowd headed by Lorne, the Bronze’s owner, was listening intently.

There were moans and the sound of slapping skin, along with a bit of whispering.

“Marry me…Buffy…” Spike said through thrusts.

Her breath caught, and she thought she would die, but an orgasm overcame her, literally. “Yes…Yes…”

He wasn’t sure if the answer was pleasure inflicted or earnest, so after his released, as he helped her with her dress, he asked again. He turned her after zipping up her dress, and looked into her eyes. “Marry me, please…I can’t imagine my life without you.”

“Spike…I will.” She accepted, and when they came out of the restroom, the crowd dissipated. They looked around at the smirking guests, and joined hands as blush crept up to their cheeks.

“I can’t make out with my boyfriend, but you can boink yours in the bathroom at a party!” Dawn said loudly.

“Dawn!” Buffy shouted. “I’m older, and Spike isn’t just my boyfriend, he’s my fiancĂ©.”

The music stopped, and everyone’s attention turned to Buffy and Spike, who stood with their hands together before the bathroom door. Buffy bit her tongue, wishing that she hadn’t let it out without thinking. Jaws dropped, and whispers were scattered.

“Another wedding! Oh boy!” Anya clapped her hands together enthusiastically, and many joined in.

Spike took the box from his pocket, and let go of Buffy’s hand. He got on his knees before her, and she watched in shock. “What are you doing?” She asked.

“Buffy,” His voice was a small whisper as he opened the box before her, “marry me? Let them see that you’re going to give me all of you.”

She looked at the golden band and diamond, and gasped. It was a fairytale. Riley had given her the same thing, but coming from Spike it meant much more.

“Okay…again.” She said, and Spike stood to put the ring on her small left ring finger.

The room erupted in cheers, and Riley walked out, but no one noticed. Spike leaned down and planted a gentle kiss on a smiling Buffy.

“Now that was a long time coming.” Dawn said to Conner, taking his hand and walking to their table. “They like, liked each other since they were little. Buffy is just stubborn.”

*A/N: There's still the epilogue but I just want to thank the readers for their support and my beta Ash. I'll have a new story up tonight, and the epilogue to this one tomorrow...enjoy.*
Not Much After by Sabrina
Epilogue: Not Much After

Two years later…

“How’s my Blondie bear doing?” She teased sticking her tongue out at him.

“I can’t believe your bloody sister told you that story.” Spike looked at the younger Summers girl, his eyes in slits.

“She had to, especially after you told me all of her high school secrets. Her poems about Angel, the time she fell in the cafeteria and everyone saw her Hello Kitty underwear, and when people would say hi to her in the hall, they’d say ‘Hello Kitty,’ and it lasted for three months. I love that one.” Dawn laughed. “It’s not a surprise that you’d be attractive to the cheerleader type.” She said. “Buffy was a cheerleader.”

“For, like two days, and then I quit.” Buffy came into the living room with a bowl of popcorn in her hand. She plopped down between her loving man, and sister.

“Still have your uniform?” Spike asked with a sly smile on his face, as the DVD played.

Buffy elbowed him gently in the ribs, and leaned against his shoulder. “Were you born this big a pain in my ass?”

“What can I say, Baby, I’ve always been bad.” He took her chin in his hand, and brought his lips down to her.

“Gross much?” Dawn asked, taking the bowl from Buffy.

“You’re just mad, cause I promised Giles I wouldn’t let Conner over until he got back from that convention.” Buffy said, rolling her eyes.

“When are you two getting married, anyway? You’re betrothed and all, but what about the wedding? You live together.” Dawn’s eyes never left the screen, as Johnny Depp appeared in pirate apparel.

Buffy grinned up at her loving spouse, and brought her hand to the chain on her neck, which held her wedding band. “Only time will tell.”

Her other hand went to Spike’s neck, his wedding band on his chain. They decided there would be no pressure and much easier circumstances if they just eloped. So three months after Xander and Anya’s wedding and one morning after a night of mind-blowing sex, Spike recommended they drive up to Vegas, and get married.

It was the best recommendation he’d made, beside for the proposal. It wasn’t much, but it was the simplest part of their relationship. They’d been approaching their two-year anniversary, and decided that would be the day that they would announce it to their people.

“You’re practically married already…soon there will be dresses and babies, and stuff. It took you forever to get together, then to get engaged, and now the wedding will be like, never…” Dawn babbled on, and the couple beside her kissed again.

*A/N: I'm sorry if anyone feels as though I rushed this. it's just been a little hard to come up with more things to keep this story going, but I may be writing a sequel...depending on how my mond starts working...Reveiw please and thanx for reading...*
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=1996