Catch me when I fall by Kill_Pineapples
Summary: Previously called: Archie M Buffy's a record shop owner, with a a very normal life. When she thinks she found true love and a chance of a family, something's nagging on her, making her going further on her search.
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: No Word count: 12117 Read: 13348 Published: 06/19/2006 Updated: 12/07/2006

1. Prologue/ Chapter 1 by Kill_Pineapples

2. Chapter 2 by Kill_Pineapples

3. Chapter 3 by Kill_Pineapples

4. Chapter 4 by Kill_Pineapples

5. Chapter 5: Today has been okay by Kill_Pineapples

6. Chapter 6 by Kill_Pineapples

7. Chapter 7 by Kill_Pineapples

8. chapter 8 by Kill_Pineapples

Prologue/ Chapter 1 by Kill_Pineapples
Author's Notes:
My second long fic. I decided to put this up. I know I haven't finished Pirates! yet, but that takes up a little more time. I'll try to update that one soon. For now, enjoy.
Prologue

I’m Buffy Summers. Full name: Buffy Anne Summers. I’m 25 and I live in New York. I own a record shop, called Archie M. It’s near Central Park and it’s very small. I sell CDs and records. The CDs are mostly bands who are trying to make it or non-commercial ones. I also sell some popular stuff, but that’s more to attract people and then force them into buying some other CDs as well. This business strategy turned out to be quite good, I might say.

The only people who buy records are the junkies, like me or the collectors. I’ve got some good stuff here: Frank Zappa, James Brown, Sex Pistols and more like that. They usually come by on Saturdays, because then most of them don’t work.

The shop used to be my dads’, that is, until he died 4 years ago. He left it to me, because he knew I would take good care of it. And I did. My mom sometimes asks me if I don’t just do this, because dad wanted to. And the answer is always ‘no’. It’s not what I planned to do, but it’s a good replacement for what I planned to do. I wanted to become a photographer or something. Maybe a music critic. I wanted to help bands to break through. And now I’m helping them as well. I trick people into buying their stuff and really make sure they like it. It works because they always come back or they send people over to buy albums.

My dad used to say, I had feeling for the business. I know how to sell my products. I can make up what people. Sometimes, I’m wrong. But that’s just because of the exceptions in this world. And they usually end up happy as well. And my CDs are very diverse. I sell rock, soul, blues, drum ‘n base, R&B in the new and old way, punk, country, western. You name it and I most probably got it.

I grew up in Sunnydale. It’s a small village near L.A. I lived there until I was 18. When I was 15, my parents divorced. They wanted different things or something. It wasn’t that big of a deal. My parents didn’t hate each other or anything. It just didn’t work out anymore. My dad moved to New York and opened up the shop. I stayed in Sunnydale with my mom to finish school.

When I graduated my mom and I had kind of a falling out. She wanted me to go to college in Sunnydale. And I didn’t. I wanted to go to Harvard or Yale. Maybe not even those colleges, but I didn’t want to stay in Sunnydale. My mom and I got into a fight. It started out as an argument, but I got bigger and bigger. Eventually I went to New York, to live with my dad. My mom was pissed off. But dad calmed her down enough, to let me live in New York. I got accepted at NYU and went to college. Part-time I worked at dads’ shop. Slowly, but steadily my mom and I made up. She stills lives in Sunnydale, but every once in a while we visit each other. And we call almost every week.

So, to sum it up: my live isn’t so bad. It could’ve been better and it could’ve been worse.







Chapter 1

It’s Tuesday today. I get up at 8 and I go through my morning rituals (showering, dressing and eating cereal). At 9, I set off to the shop. It’s a 10 minute walk from my apartment to Archie M. When I get there, Willow is already waiting for me. Willow is one of my best friends. She’s still in college and works part-time for me (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays). She’s a bit naïve and all, but she has a good heart. She’s also the only employee I have.

“Good morning, Wills,” I say happily, “How was you weekend?”
Willow looks up and smiles. “It was okay. I’m sorry I didn’t stop by Sunday. My parents were coming over.”

I shrug as I grab my keys. “It’s alright. I’ve cleaned out my video collection. And then I watched Grease. So I had fun.” I smile and walk inside. When I switch the light on it reveals a small shop. It has racks full of CDs on one side and racks full of records on the other. At the back in this the counter. Willow and I usually sit there in the morning, to drink coffee. I check the mail and such and she puts away all the new stuff. And then at 10.15 we’re done and we drink a lovely cup of coffee while talking or reading the newspaper (it depends on which day. Today we talk)

We do our morning things and when we’re done, we drink coffee.
“So, how were you parents?” I ask before taking a sip.
“Okay…I guess.” Willow mumbles, “I never really seem to have contact with them, you know?”

“Why did you invite them in the first place?”
“Because of Tara. I wanted them to meet the girl I’m seeing, who’s moving in with me next week.” Her face lit up like a Christmas tree. It was sweet.

“They didn’t know you were gay?” That was a weird thought. Everyone knew that Willow was gay. It was so weird that her parents, the people you ought to be close with, didn’t know this piece of information.

“No. But they don’t know A LOT of things. They don’t know what my major is. They don’t know that I work in a record shop. They hardly know my birthday.” Willow muttered. She really doesn’t like it, that her parents are so uninvolved in her life.

“I’m sorry for you. I hate it to see you so sad, little sis.” I say caringly. My mom always treats Willow like a daughter. So yeah, she’s practically my sister.
The red-head smiles softly. “Ah well, you can’t pick your parents, but you can pick your siblings.”

I pat her arm softly and give her a smile. “That’s right. And now I want you to put on a smile. Sad faces scare our costumers away.”
We talk a bit more and around eleven our costumers start to seep in. There aren’t really any interesting people in the shop. Some regulars and some window shoppers.

The day goes by and nothing interesting happens. It’s 5 PM and I’m about to close up. Willow already left. Someone steps in

“How can I help you?” I ask. I’m behind the counter grabbing my bag. When I get up I see something pleasant. It’s a man. He’s tall and well-build. He has brown hair and light eyes.
“I’m searching for something. Uhm...”
I smile at him. He seems a bit uncertain. “It’s a gift?”
The brown-haired nods.


“Alright…” I mumble and then with a louder voice, “Who is this person?”
“My dad.” He squeaks.
“You don’t have to be so nervous. Nothing bad can happen here.” I say. The man relaxes a bit a takes a step closer.
“So…” I continue, “What does you’re old man like?”

“Ray Charles.”
“And?”
“That’s it.”
“Only Ray Charles.”
“Yep.”
“Okay…” I climb over the counter. “Vinyl or CD?”
“Doesn’t matter.”

I walk over to the records and start searching. I find an album called Ray Charles in person. It’s widely liked by the fans. I hand it over to the guy. He studies it and says: “I think this is okay. Can I return it if he doesn't like it?”
I nod. “That’ll be 20 dollars.”

He hands me the money. He doesn’t leave straight away. I decide to take the opportunity. I’ve single for a very long time and I deserve a date. “Want to have dinner with me?”
The man smiles and says: “Sure. When does the shop close?”

“I was about to leave when you came in. So the answer would be now!” I answer with a goofy smile. I grab my bag off the counter and put on my coat. “I’m Buffy Summers by the way.”
“Riley Finn.”


TBC....




A/N Hoped you liked this first part! For those who wonder, the story behind the shop name comes later. Please review!
P.S: The chapters will get longer. These two were just to start up
Chapter 2 by Kill_Pineapples
Author's Notes:
This is the introduction of....Spike! (audience: Hooray!) and also stuff happening. And it still has to start up before exciting stuff happens. But be patient me dearies. I also wanted to thank my beta Fleur. You're a sweetheart ^_^*hugglings*
And ofcourse the people who reviewed my last chapter *more hugglings* Okay, I'm done now.
Chapter 2

Today’s Friday morning and I’m putting new CDs in the racks. From my stereo Deathcab For Cutie is whining. I like their music, but it’s a lot of ‘the-world-sucks’ and a lot of the same.

Anyhow, Friday is always slow. At least Friday morning.
Around eleven a man stumbles in.
“Hey!” He yells.
“Hey!” I reply from the back of the shop. I’m putting away empty boxes, in case you were interested.

The man is William or, as he likes to be called, Spike. He’s 26 and my bestest friend since Junior High. He used to be geek with glasses and mouse brown hair until he started to date this crazy chick, Drusilla. She changed his looks and then dumped him. He never changed back. His hair is now brighter then the sun and he only wears black. He’s not bad looking though. He never was. He has the bluest eyes you can ever imagine, razor sharp cheekbones and a well trained body. He’s a babe. If I didn’t know him since….forever I would date him. He’s into punk-rock. He always liked it, even when he was geeky. I guess his looks suit his musical preference.

Anyways, he owns a pub just around the corner. It’s called the Rusty Fork (seriously, don’t ask). Well actually, he doesn’t own it. His dad does, but he’s never here so…
Will comes by every once in a while to pick up new CDs and ask for new local bands so he can offer them a gig. Every Wednesday and Saturday night bands are performing. It’s a real hit. People love it.

“So? You coming tomorrow?” He asks me when I appear from the back. I climb over the counter (it’s going from wall to wall. No one ever had the bright idea of putting some sort of board in it that you can lift up and go through. Every one just climbs over) and start making coffee. I shrug and ask: “Who’s playing?”

“Some bad called Cherry tomatoes. I haven’t heard them live, but the demo they send me is quite good.” Will mumbles, while he’s flipping through some records. He’s a junkie, just like me. We’re always searching for new stuff to take home with us. “Can I borrow this?”
I look at the record he’s holding up. London Calling by ‘the Clash’.
“Will...” I start.

“What?” He asks me in a defending manner, “I always bring them back without a scratch and you get free drinks at the pub. It’s a nice arrangement, I say.”
I smile widely. “That’s not what I wanted to tell you. What I wanted to say: ‘You’ve borrowed that one like a million times. Why don’t you just buy it?’”
William studies the album in his hands. “I dunno. Never thought about it.”
I grab to cups, stationed under the counter and put them don’t with a small bang. “You can have it.”
“Seriously?”

I nod. “Consider it an early birthday gift or something.”
“Thanks!” He replies with a smile and then climbs over the counter to sit at a stool behind it. Will is the only non-employee who can get away with that.
I grin at him and pour some coffee in the mugs. I hand him one and then sit down as well.
“Is it okay if I bring Riley with?” Riley is now my sort-of boyfriend.
“Sure. Whatever you want. Let’s see if you can loosen Captain Cardboard up a bit.” The bleached blond comments with a smirk.

“Captain Cardboard?”
“He’s, I dunno, boring.”
“ I know Riley is more quiet and normal than my last few boyfriends, but that’s what I like about him.” I say before taking a sip.

“At least he’s more decent then that Parker guy you slept with.” Will huffed.
I just glare at him. He shifts uncomfortable in his seat. “Was I not supposed to know that?”
“I can’t believe Willow told you that!”

“Willow? Who says it was Willow?”
“Willow is the only who knows. The only other way you could’ve known is by following me…You talked to Parker didn’t you?” I stare and point my finger at him accusingly.
He holds up his hands in defends and squeaks: “I’m sorry! He just came up to the bar and started talking about the worst screw he had last night, by some Summers girl.”
My arm drops. This is not good. How could that shitface do that to me? Like he’s so wonderful. “I’m gonna kill the asshole.”

“No, I pounded his face already. He’ll have to recover from that first.” Will replies with a smug smile.
I decide to change the subject. “So, I’ll meet you at the pub tonight?”
Will nods. “It’s gonna be wonderful. Trust me.”

*^*^*^*^*

So, I’m at dinner with Riley. We’re at this little Italian place which has the greatest chicken-pesto. And we have fun. We’re not exactly clones, but that isn’t necessary for a nice evening. It keeps the conversation going. We talk about all kinds of stuff: music (his dad really enjoyed the Ray Charles record), movies, art.

“So, have you seen Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels?” I ask him before taking a bite.
Riley nods. “Yes, but I didn’t really like it. The storyline is hard to follow and it’s not very funny. Or at least not as funny as some people say.”

I nearly drop my fork. “Please tell me you’re kidding. I mean, yeah, the storyline isn’t that easy, but there are funny parts. Like the part where that Rory-guy set some one on fire. Or that last part with the bag. That was funny.”
He just shrugs. “I like Cast Away better.”
“Hmmm…I don’t really like that one. It is okay, I guess, but not something I would watch on a lazy Sunday afternoon.”
Riley just smiles and continues his dinner.

Time passes and when I check my watch and I see it’s 9.45. “Riley, we have to leave soon.”
Riley seems totally unaware of the plans we made for later that evening. “What? Why?”

“We were going to see this band in the pub, remember?”
“Can’t we just go to my place?” He almost pleads.
“I’d like to, but I really have to see this. Will told me that this really great band is performing and need to see if they are as great as they seem and then see if they have a CD or a single or something, that I could sell at the shop.” I explain to him.

“Alright,” he sights, “But if they suck, we’re so gone.”
“Thanks honey.” I smile at him

*^*^*^*

The pub is far more busy then normal. Those Cherry Tomatoes must be something hot. Riley looks very uncomfortable in the crowd, but I just drag him to the bar.
Will is tending tonight and he seems happy to see me.
“Hey Will!” I scream over the noise.

“Hey Buff! It’s crowded, isn’t it?” He asks in a loud voice.
I nod and ask Riley what he wants to drink. He tells me a beer is fine. I gesture to Will ‘two beers’ and wait for the band. In less then 5 minutes I have to beers in my hands. Riley already has his wallet drawn. I shake my head. “No need. It’s free.”

“For everyone?” Riley questions with pulled up eyebrows.
“No! Just for me! I know the owner of this pub. You know him too, William! We kind of have an arrangement.” I tell him.

“What kind of arrangement?” I did not overlook the jealous note in his voice.
“I get free drinks, if he gets free records.”
“Ah. That kind of arrangement.”

Suddenly a group of 2 girls and 3 boys come on stage come on stage. A brown-haired boy picks up the microphone and yells: “Hello New York!”
The crowd cheers and I find I’m cheering with them.


“We’re Cherry Tomatoes and I’ve always wanted to do that.”
Giggles erupt from the audience. The boy gives his band mates a sign and they start playing a energetic and catchy tune.

I realize I’m jumping up and down together with the rest of the people. I turn around and see Riley actually enjoying himself. After four songs, they take a little break and go to the bar and get more drinks.
“This band is awesome!” I tell Will.

“I know! They rock.” He replies handing me two more beers. “Do you think you can do something for them?”
“Sure. Just make sure I have the opportunity to catch them at the end of their set.” I instruct him and then I walk back over to Riley.
“I actually like them.” He says. I nod and take a sip of my beer. “I’m gonna stay a little longer after they finished.”

He pulls up his eyebrows. Not a good sign, coming from him.
“Relax!” I giggle, “I’m just gonna give them an opportunity to sell stuff.”
Riley visibly relaxes. After a few minutes the band comes back up and starts playing again. Just as good as before, but a tad bit slower to let the audience calm down.
Their last song, however, is just as energetic as the first and everyone is hopping up and down like one man. They even have to do an encore!

Around twelve I’m sitting with Riley at the bar and the crowd is mostly gone. Suddenly someone taps me on the shoulder. I look directly into two blue eyes and I smile. Behind Will the boy from the stage is looking uncomfortable.

“Hey,” I greet. Will smiles and walks away.
“Hey,” The boy replies.
“I’m Buffy Summers. I wanted to know if you have an album or single or something.” I cut directly to the chase.
“I’m Xander Harris and no, we don’t. We just have our demo out.” The boy answers nervously.
“I’m willing to help you. You guys are great and you could really make it big.” I say with an encouraging voice.
“Really?”

I nod and then I say: “Look, here’s my card. I own a record shop not far from here. You should stop by sometime.”
Xanders face breaks into one goofy smile. “Thanks! I can’t wait to tell the band!”
I grin and say: “My pleasure.” And then Riley and I leave.

TBC





A/N: Lock, Stock is one of my favorite movies. I recommend it to all of you! And all the people I have offended with stuff about Deathcab For Cutie, I hate to dissapoint you, but I really mean what it says there. I like them though.
*wanders off*
Chapter 3 by Kill_Pineapples
Author's Notes:
It took a long time, I know, I know. But I want you to know, I put a lot of thought into this chapter. Be happy :D
Chapter 3:
The next day I have a major headache. I wasn’t drunk when I came home, I just didn’t sleep a lot. No…no sex. Riley went home and so did I. But I was really excited about this band and I was figuring out how to help them. And after a while I couldn’t sleep anymore so I got up and jotted down the plans and now I have a headache, because I went to bed at 2 and I got up at 5. But lucky for me it’s Sunday. This means hanging on the couch, watching a movie. Either a classic or something really bad. I’m thinking a bout the Omen. The boy who plays Damien is also in the remake coming out this year. Now he plays the fabulous role of Tabloid Reporter #3.


I can imagine it. “So, kid who plays Damian (I think his name is Harvey Stephens), what are your future goals?”
“I don’t know Bob. Maybe I’ll play in a bad TV-series. But the role I really want to play is Tabloid Reporter #3 in the remake of the Omen.”



I, by the way, heard that there are actually 4 babies now who play Damien. That’s funny isn’t it? Your first big role and you have to share it with four others. And they’re not even related!



Anyways, I’m not gonna watch the Omen. I just found my tape of ‘The West Side Story’
Much better on a Sunday. A dribbly, girly music with a bad ending. Kind of like Romeo and Juliet except Juliet doesn’t die, nor does she even act like she’s dead. I think that if they made a sequel out of it, it would be great. Because now it can be continued. No one knows how Maria will cope.



I station my self on my couch with a big bucket of chocolate ice cream. Somewhere around the part where they sing the song ‘Gee, Officer Krupke’, my phone rings.
“Wazzup?” I say.
“Hey Buff.” Sounds on the other side of the line. It’s Will.
“Hey, what’s up?”
“Can you come over today?”
“Yeah, sure. Why?”
“I need to talk to you about something.” He’s sounds kind of off. It’s spooky. He’s always good moody.
“Alrighty. I’ll be over in a sec.”


*^*^*^*


Twenty minutes later I walk into his apartment. Will is in his kitchen baking brownies. The Who is blasting out of his stereo set.
“Hey!” I greet him. “How are you?” I situate myself on his counter, next to him.
“I’m fine…” He sounds to depressive to be fine.
“What’s wrong?”
“Nothing!”
I sight and roll my eyes. “Will. You’re not smiling and you’re baking. Two very big clues. And you listen to the Who by the way. And not even the regular shit. It’s ‘Tommy’. Don’t deny you’re down”



“Since when did I ever bake when I was down?”
“When you were 10 and you broke your Spiderman action figure you made a whole batch of ‘Reese’s grand obsession’. When you were 13 and Slinky McAdams broke your glasses you baked Madeline’s. When you had your first date you actually made Belgium chocolates. When Dru broke up with you, you made volcano cakes. You’re baking something’s wrong.”
He let out a deep sight and turned to me.



“Alright. Something is wrong. Go look in my bedroom. Quietly.”
I jump of the counter and sneak over to one of the doors. It’s dark, but I can see clear enough because of the daylight in the living room. In his bed is a teeny tiny girl.
I’m quite astonished I must say.
“Why is there a miniature version of Drusilla having a nap in your bed.”
Will puts me down on the couch and then says: “She’s my daughter.”
My eyebrow shoot up and I have the urge to scream: “WHAT!” But I can’t do that to the little girl so I just say: “Oh interesting. How come?”



Will starts pulling faces. He does that when he’s uncomfortable with telling me something. “A couple of years ago….” He starts.
I just stare at him.
“Fine! 5 years ago, when I was wandering around, wondering if I should go back to college.”
“You mean your world famous backpacking-trip-through-Europe-but-not-exactly-because-I-couldn’t-pay-the-ticket-so-I-just-hitchhiked-through-America-pretending-to-be-in-Europe?”
He grits his teeth. I love to annoy him in any way possible.



“Yes…I ran into Dru. I was still mad at her for doing what she did to me. I tried to shake her off, but suddenly she apologizes and tells me that she should’ve never hurt me the way she did. We started talking and kind-of decide to have a one night stand.”
“You had sex with the crazy lady?”
“Kind of obvious isn’t it?”
I shrug and let him continue.



“So we had sex and next morning we say our goodbyes and stuff. Because I’m staying here and she was going back to London. Apparently she got pregnant and had a baby girl, who is sleeping in the next room right now.”
“I kind of get that part, Will. But what is the kid doing here?”
He takes a deep breath. Never a good sign.
“Dru died.”
“What? When? How?”



“She died two weeks ago. In a car accident.”
“Oh my. So the kid is now an orphan of some sorts?”
“No, stupid chit. It’s mine! According to the paperwork. Well, according to everything.”



I’m totally out of words for this. Suddenly the door to the bedroom opens and a girl with black curling hair comes out. “Daddy? Who’s the blonde lady?”
Will’s face suddenly melts into a smile and he says: “That’s aunt Buffy.”
The girl slowly walks up to me, with a curious look on her face. She stops a feet away from me and says: “Hey auntie Buffy. I’m Isis.”



I smile and notice the child’s bright blue eyes. There is not even room for discussion.
“Daddy? Are you making something?” Isis asks.
“Yes, niblet. I’m making brownies for you.”
The little girl squeals and runs into the kitchen.
“Her name is Isis?”
“Yes.”
“Isis?”
“Yes!”
“Anything else?”
“Full name is Isis Hayes Norah Reynolds.”
“Poor kid.”
“Tell me about it.”



“So…Is she going to stay here?” I ask him.
“I guess so. I mean she was suddenly there yesterday night, with the message: ‘This is your daughter. Have fun!’ I can’t put my own daughter on the street. Or give her away. Just because her mom was weird and died.” Will says with sad voice.
“You’re right. But you have to move into a bigger apartment. She needs to have her own space and stuff.” I advise him.
“I know. Tomorrow they’re going to bring all of her clothes and toys.”



It is silent for a while. Suddenly Will asks: “Can you please, please help me with this?”
“Sure!” I smile, “That’s what friends are for. And right now I’m helping you to the kitchen, because little kids and brownie dough don’t mix. There’s always one likely to disappear.”


TBC



A/N: That stuff about the first kid from the Omen is completely true. Check it out on IMDb.


Butterfly!
*chases* :P
Chapter 4 by Kill_Pineapples
Author's Notes:
Thanks for the reviews :D So here's a quick update, because I have to much time on my hands.
Chapter 4:




“Auntie Buffy?”
“Yes, Isis?”
“When is my mommy coming back?”
Isis is sitting on the counter in the store, using her new coloring book. For a moment I don’t know what to say. What do you say to a 4 year old?




“What did daddy tell you?” I finally ask.
“That mommy isn’t coming home anymore. That she went to live with Angel.” Isis answers looking up from her work. “Does she still love me?”
I go sit next to her on the counter and pull her on my lap. “Yeah, your mommy still loves you. She didn’t go because she wanted to.”
“When is she coming back?” Sometimes it’s hard to deal with the innocence of a child.



“Isis, what I’m about to tell you can be a bit shocking and you’re aloud to cry, okay?” I tell the little girl on my lap. She nods and then I start: “Your mommy is not coming back.”
I hear her gasp, “Because your mommy died. When people die they go to the place where they were happiest. But you cannot see them anymore.”




“Where do you think my mommy was happiest?”
“I don’t know. Where do you think your mommy was happiest?”
“In our home in London, I think.”
“Then she’s there.” I say to the little girl. Isis looks quite content with that answer.
“Is she still my mommy?”





“Yes, sweetie, always.”
“But she cannot take care of me anymore.”
“No.”
“Can you be my mommy until I see my own mommy again, when I go to the place where I was happiest?”
“Sure, if you want that.”
Isis gives me a tight hug. “Thank you. I think my mommy would’ve liked you.”




Suddenly the door opens and Riley steps in. He gives me a kiss on the cheek and then says ‘hi’ to Isis. She replies his greetings but not with a lot of interest.
“Are you coming over tonight?” Riley asks.
“I can’t. I am having Isis over tonight.” I respond. I feel kind of guilty. Ever since Isis arrived a couple of weeks back Riley and I haven’t seen each other a lot.
“Again?”




“Yes, again. Will has some big meeting with people and it’s really important.”
“Why can’t he get a nanny?”
“We’ve been looking for one, but we haven’t found a good one yet. Plus, she’s going to pre-school next month.”
“He has more friends right?”
“I’m not leaving her with those morons.” I retort.
“What’re morons, mommy?”
“Mommy, she calls you mommy now?”
I shoot Riley an annoyed glance and then say: “Nothing honey, Riley and I are going to be outside for a while okay?”
“Okay.”




“What is the matter with you?” I nearly scream.
“What’s the deal with her calling you mommy?” Riley sneers back.
I sight and then say: “I promised to be her replacement mother, because her own can’t take care of her anymore. Big deal. Get over it.”
“No, I’m not gonna get over it. This is ridiculous. We’ve been dating for 4 months now. I thought it was going well and that maybe after a while we could move in together. But now you’re just paying attention to that kid of Will.”




“You’re jealous.” I hiss
“No, I’m not.”
“Yes, you are. Otherwise you wouldn’t make such a big deal of it.”
“I thought we could serious here, maybe. But there you are playing family with some one you’re not even involved with.”
“Like I planned for this to happen? Listen up Riley. Will and Isis need me right now. Will is my best friend since elementary school and Isis happens to be his kid. This is all new for him and he asked for my help. I promised to lend a hand, especially in the beginning. Either accept that or go.” I’m mad. I’m really mad. Who does that asshole think he is?




“Fine. I’m going.”
Wait. That was not supposed to happen.
“What?!”
“She’s been here for two months. We are way past the beginning. In fact we are so past the beginning that the beginning is a tiny little dot to you!”
“Oh, fuck off!”
I storm back into the shop. Isis is still sitting on the counter, but she’s not coloring anymore.
“Are you sad? Did Riley and you just have a fight?”



I smile weakly and say: “Yeah, we did. I’m very mad at Riley right now.”
“I never liked him.” Isis mumbles matter-of-factly.
I pull up my eyebrows. “You didn’t?”
“No. He looked mean.”
“Ah.” I’m silent for a bit. Then I decide to call someone. “Isis. I’m gonna call someone in the back. Will you be okay for a while?”
“What do I do if someone comes in?” Isis askes.
“Just call for me. Okay, sweetie?” She nods.




Before I can dial the number, the phone rings.
“Archie M. This is Buffy.”
“Hey Buffy, it’s Will.”
“Oh hey, I was about to call you.”
“Why? Is something wrong?”
“No, everything is fine. It’s just…I think Riley and I broke up.” I suddenly start sobbing and I can’t stop myself. Stupid hormones.



“Stay there, I’ll be right over.” Before I can protest Will hangs up. A couple of minutes later Captain Peroxide walks in. The sobbing actually had stopped, but when I see my friend it starts again. He doesn’t say anything, he just pulls me to my feet and wraps his arms around me. I let my head rest against his chest and start crying my heart out.
I mumble something about “living together with him” and “dozens of kids”, “our family”




“It’s all going to be okay, pet.” Will whispers.
I look up to him with tears in my eyes. “You think?”
“I know. Come on. You’re closing the shop and we’ll go to your apartment and make you a nice hot cup of cocoa.” He strokes my hair out of my face. “And then I’ll cook for you and give you a footmassage.”
“I thought you had a meeting.” I sniff.
“No, that’s actually why I called. The bastards cancelled on me.”




“Oh.”
“I’m sorry he broke up with you.”
“Isis didn’t like him. Oh my god Isis! Is she still in there.”
“Yes, pet, everything is fine. No you close the shop and we’ll go.”
“What about the bar.”
“Nothing to worry about. You do as I tell ya.”
“If I really must.”



*^*^*^*^*




A couple of hours later Will and I are sitting on the couch watching some dreary chick flick. Well, sitting is a big word. I am draped over the couch with my feet on his lap and Will is massaging them just like he promised. Isis is a sleep in my guest bedroom.
When the movie is over I ask my friend: “Why do they have a happy ending and I don’t?”
“Maybe, you’re not ready for the ending pet.”
“What do you mean?”
“That your story’s not over yet.”
“Oh…You want some wine?” Will nods. I get up and walk over to the kitchen. I pour two glasses full and then bring the glasses and the bottle back to the living room.





It starts out with nice friendly drinking and talking. A next bottle comes up and gets emptied. And another one. And another one.
Suddenly Will and I are sitting very close together. I can feel him breathing softly. It’s completely silent. I can’t remember when it started or who started it, but in a matter of moments our mouths are clashing together. It starts out softly, but it becomes more passionate. I feel his tongue searching my mouth and I must say it feels good.




“There are no guarantees in life
Not for the present,
Nor for the future.
All I know is
That I'm here;
Don't know for how long.”




I open my eyes, when I hear the words and look on my watch. My alarm, the song, has just gone off. It’s 8.00 u. Time to get up. When I move I notice there’s an arm around my waist. Suddenly the beginning of the night before comes screaming back to me: the wine and kissing. More realization kicks in. I check under the covers. I am naked.
Holy crap.




I turn around and poke Will to wake him up. “Will, Will. Wake up.”
“Go away.” He slurs groggily.
“Will! Wake up!” I’m not in my best of moods this morning.
“Buffy?”
“Yes.”
“What’re you doing in my bed?” He asks surprised.
“This is my bed.” I explain him.
“What am I doing in your….Oh my god.” He dives under the covers. “Did we…?”




“I can’t remember. But there was a lot of kissing and we’re both naked.” I say. I look around my room. It’s a big fat mess, but I’m not sure that happened last night. I check my night stand. There’s an empty wrap of a condom. I hold it up.
“I think we did.”
“That’s horrible!” Will squeaks.
“I know. But I have no time to talk about it now. I have to be at the store in about an hour. I’m gonna go take a shower. And you, please get dressed.”
Will nods and gets up as well.




When I’m standing under the shower, my thoughts start to work. I had sex with my best friend. I’m sure that’s bad for my relationship with him. Stop worrying, my other voice says, you had sex with the guy, but you can not remember it. So tell him to forget the whole stuff. I’m sure he will happily agree with you.
I decide to follow my own advise. And ask Will to forget that this weird morning ever happened.




When I’m fully dressed I find Isis and Will sitting at my kitchen table, eating toast.
“Good morning,” I mumble.
“Good morning,” Will and Isis reply in unison.
“Toast?” Will asks and hands me a piece. I butter it and cover in jelly. The rest of the breakfast goes on in silence, but when Isis leaves the table to pee. Conversation starts.




“Will?”
“Hmmm?”
“Can we forget last night ever happened?”
“I cannot even remember it so that won’t be a problem. But I’d be more than glad if you could the stuff around it as well.” He says.
“Yes, please.” I respond quickly. And with that, our affair had ended.

TBC


A/N: There's a reason I didn't go into details about them having sex. First of all, this is more fun.Second of all, I'm not good at that kind of stuff and it makes me feel a bit uncomfertable. This song is Unlike me by Kate Havnevik.
Chapter 5: Today has been okay by Kill_Pineapples
Author's Notes:
Thanks for all the reviews ^-^
Chapter 5: Today has been okay



Friends tell me it's spring
My window show the same
Without you here the seasons pass me by
I know you were not new
That loved like me and you
All the same I miss you
Today has been ok
Today has been ok

Emiliana Torrini




Somehow I didn’t forget the night with Will. The first 3 days were okay. I was great at pretending everything was fine, but the 4th day I collapsed and since then I’m a wreck. Sort of. I’ve been crying a lot and eating a lot of ice cream and chocolate chip cookies.
Everyone thinks I’m still moping about the break up with Riley and no one seems to notice that Will and I haven’t seen each other in 3 weeks. Except for Willow, but she thinks that has a different reason.




Anyways, being down is not good for me. I gained 6 pounds over the past couple of days, so I’ve decided to give my life a new spin.




“Hook me up.” I say to Wills when I come into the store.
“Hey, Buffy. How are you?” She replies in a cheerful voice.
“Hook me up.” I repeat.
“I’m getting better and I decided to come to work today, so my lovely best friend Willow could go back to working 2 days a week.”




“Ha ha, very funny. Hook me up. You know people, you have this group that you and Tara go to right?” I ask with a hopeful face.
“Yes and we meet a lot of eligible straight men.” Willow said with a sarcastic voice, “Or have you decided you’re done with men?”




“Oh,” is my only reply. I climb over the counter and sit down on one of the stools.
“Although, I think I know someone who you might like. He’s a real cutie.”
I pull up my eyebrows.
“I’m gay, Buff, not blind.” She says dryly.
“Ah right. Tell me something about him.”



“His name is Ben Wilkinson. He’s 27 years old. Tall with light brown hair and brown eyes. He studying to become a surgeon.” Willow sums up.
“Sounds good. Can you arrange something for me?” I pose.



“Buffy, are you sure that-“
“Yes.”
“I have the feeling you’re not-“
“I’m fine.”
“You-“
“Yes”
“Rea-“
“Yes.”
“Alright. I will call him and see if he’s interested.”
“Thank you Wills,” I smile.


*^*^*^*

Willow arranged a date for me with Ben this Saturday. We agreed to meet each other at 7, in front of Archie M. It’s only 3 and already I’m busy making myself look good.
I think it’s for the best since I emptied my closet on my bed and I sooo don’t know what I should wear. It sucks.



In the background Butterfly Boucher’s blaring that life is short. Although it’s a happy song and meant to encouraging, it’s not really helping at this moment. I skip to the next song. Sing for Absolution by Muse. Better. At least you can’t really hear what Matthew is singing.



After 2 hours I decide to go for the casual look and put on jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt. Then I chose to eat a sandwich. Somehow I never eat much on a date. It’s very strange I know. Especially since I’m almost like vacuum cleaner.
I watch some TV until it’s time to leave.



*^*^*^*


Ben is a sweetheart. He’s cute and intelligent. He likes the same things I do and is a total gentleman. He doesn’t want me to pay for anything.
But I feel nothing. Not even a teeny tiny spark. We end up drinking coffee at his place.





“Did you like tonight?” Ben asks me when we’re sitting on his couch.
I nod slowly. It was nice to be out for a change.
Suddenly he moves closer and puts his arm on my shoulder. I see where this is heading and pull back.
“Ben, look. You’re a really nice guy-“
“So you didn’t have it too?” He interrupts me.
“Didn’t have what?” I ask him confused.




“The spark. You’re a perfect woman. You’re beautiful and kind. You like the same stuff. We’re a match made in heaven. Except that there is no chemistry.” Ben explains.
“Right.” I conclude, “I have that too.”
“Right.”
“But if you felt no chemistry why did you try to kiss me?”
“I wanted to see if it made a difference. Sometimes chemistry just needs a push.”



“I don’t think it’ll work, Ben. You’re a really nice guy and I’d like us to be friends. You can come by the store whenever you want, but there’s nothing there.” I tell him.
“I know you’re right. But I thought, it wouldn’t hurt to try.”
I smile at him. He’s adorable. Just not so-adorable-I-want-him-to-screw-my-brains-out. It’s a pity,. I think he could be really good in bed.




“So…you wanna play a game or something?” He asks me casually.
“Like what?”
“I don’t know. Trivial, Twister, Ludo, Game of the Goose, Snakes and Ladders. You pick.”
“How about…we play Crazy Eights.”
“Crazy Eights sucks. I’ll teach you Black Maria.”
“Isn’t that a variation on hearts, played with 3 people?” I ask him.
“That too, but it’s also a Finnish cardgame. It’s actually called Mustamaija. It’s translated as Black Maria and since you don’t speak Finnish you can call it Black Maria.”




“You do speak Finnish?”
Ben simply nods.
“How?”
“I lived there for 3 years.” He explains.
“You never told me that.”
“I’ve only known you for like 6 hours. It’s not that weird that you don’t know.” He smiles.




Ben gets a card deck and starts dealing. Then he explains the rules. It has something to with ending up with a queen of spades in your hands. I can’t remember exactly. We end up having a great time, as friends.




Although was nothing like I expected, I’m glad I went on a date. I gained a new friend. But still I’m sad. I guess I just miss Will a lot



*^*^*^*



It’s a sunny Wednesday afternoon and my mood is…. down. Normally Will and I go to the park and watch little kiddies play there, or since Isis came, we let her play there, but we haven’t talked to each other since the whole thing.
It sucks.



Nevertheless I go to the park. I watch the kids on the swing for a bit, until I see Will and Isis. She’s on one of the swings and he’s pushing her. Despite what my brain is yelling at me, my eyes are fixed on the little scene. They both look so happy.



I get a hollow feeling in my stomach, which I never had before. Suddenly Will looks up and sees me. His smile falters. Tears jump into my eyes and don’t even wait to start streaming down my cheeks.


I turn away and start running, while the tears keep on coming.



*^*^*^*



“Hello?”
“Hey Buffy.”
“Hey Will.”
“I saw you in the park today.”
“I saw you too.”
“So…how was your day?”
“Okay.”



A/N: I thought the song was appropriate for the chapter. Download it. You can find the artist at the top and the title of this chapter is title of this fic. It's a wonderful song.
Thanks for all the reviews.Cookies and hugs for everyone! More please? *gives puppy eyes*
Chapter 6 by Kill_Pineapples
Author's Notes:
I'm sorry I didn't update in such a long time, but school started and my grandma died a week ago, so I didn't really have time and motivation to go on.
I found out I am the favorite author of one person and I really liked that news. Thank you!
And of course, thanks to all the people who reviewed my past chapters :D
Chapter 6

Will came to live next door when I was 10. At that time my best friend was Faith. We used to play together a lot. The new boy next door was very interested in her and they were boyfriend and girl friend until we went to 7th grade.
Then Faith decided she was to ‘cool’ for us. She probably was. She always had wild plans and we just walked along with her. Us, Will the Geeky and Miss Flat-as-a-Board. We weren’t really popular, but weren’t really the losers of the school either. We had friends. Amy used to be my girlfriend all through high school and Will hung out with Oz.

Of course there were dates and boyfriends and girlfriends. One of my worst boyfriends was Angel. We dated for 2 years, but it was a ‘flashing light’ relationship. At first everything was fine, but after a month or two we started to have huge fits every once in while and then we broke up. After a week or 2 we got back together and then everything started all over again and after a month were broken up again. That went on and on forever until graduation. Then we decided it was enough and we became friends.

And then there were Cecily and Drusilla. The two girls that changed Will forever. Cecily was his first real crush. In 8th grade I had chemistry with her and Will shared his English and Biology classes with her. I never liked the girl. He was totally crazy about her. He wrote most of his poems about her and talked non-stop about her. It was driving me to the extreme.
Anyways, I convinced Will to express his ‘love’ for her. She told him he was beneath her. Will was devastated. I was happy. No more Cecily! It took him 5 months to get over her. But I think a part of him is still mourning.

Drusilla came to our school when we were Seniors. She and Will instantly connected, because of their English heritage and their love for certain bands. I never imagined it, but they started dating after a few months. Again Will was head over heals in love with her and I didn’t trust it. Drusilla could be nice, but she was a bit strange. Later on someone told me she was manically depressed, so that may have explained the whole thing. She changed Will into ‘Spike’ and I’m kind of happy she did. It helped him to get over his whole insecurity issue. His heart broke when he found out she cheated on him with a variety of guys. Once again Will was shattered. And this time I wasn’t happy. It took a much longer time to get over her. And once again he never got over her. Especially now it turned out he’s the father of her kid.

Anyways, we both grew up. He got his bar and I got my shop and we were still friends. We are still friends, just not on good terms right now. We talk from time to time and Isis still comes over every Wednesday. But I miss him. I wish something would happen that would bring us back to-


I stop writing to pick up my phone.
“hello?”
“Good day, is there a Miss Buffy Summers present?” A low male voice says on the other side of the line.
“Yes, this is her. Who is this?”
“This is Detective Jones. I have some bad news about your mother.”

This is the point where my world comes crumbling down. Again

“What is it?” I ask with a trembling voice.
“She died in a car accident.”

Told ya

I’m not sure how I did it, or how long it take me to do it, somehow I got Will on the phone.
“Hello?” his low and soothing voice said.
I just squeak and cry.
“Buffy?”
I nod, completely unaware he can’t see me.
“What’s wrong?”
I cry and squeak some more.
“I’ll be right over.”

*****

Maybe an hour maybe just 20 minutes later, Will storms in and sees me sitting on the couch with my phone still in my hand.
“Oh pet.” He just says and takes me in his arms where I start to sob uncontrollably. Suddenly I feel a small hand on my hair. Isis.
After a while I start to calm down a bit and manage to say with a shrill voice: “Mom died.”
“Oh my god. Buffy!” I start to cry again.

*****

I feel numb. I see what is happening around me, but I can’t register what exactly. People go in and out. Isis sits next to me and holds my hand. She’s the only one who is in my world. But I can’t respond to the things she asks.
“Is mommy now an orphan?”
“Does she need I new mommy like me?”
“Can’t you adopt her?”
And I don’t feel the need. Some one I can’t see, feel or hear is answering the questions for me.

*****

The next day is going by in a blur. I seem to sleepwalk through my life right now. I can’t respond to anything, except to Isis. Maybe that’s my maternal instinct. I can see everyone else, but I can’t connect to them.

*****

I get out of my trance when I’m in the airplane. It happens with a shock. Suddenly Will is sitting next to me.
“Hey,” he asks, “Are you back?”
I nod. “Yes.” Then I start crying again.
Will puts his arm around me and I lean against his shoulder.

*****

In the hospital I need to identify if it’s really my mother. Will is standing next to me and I’m holding his hand. When they remove the white sheet I nearly faint. There is my mom. She’s covered in blood. And she’s dead.
One of the people in white asks: “Is this Joyce Summers?”
I simply nod. I keep staring at her, until Will takes me away.

*****

The next time I see mom is the day after. She’s cleaned up and her clothes are washed. She looks like she is sleeping. Will is still with me, with his arm around my shoulder. He’s mourning as well. Mom helped him during difficult times. And Will spent most of his time at our house, so she was like his second mother.
Must be as hard as losing your real one.

******

All the things that need to be arranged, we arrange them together. Most of my family can’t come to funeral, because they live at the other side of the country. But we get a lot of cards. Will and I decided to stay at Mom’s house. It is weird, now she’s not there anymore, but it also feels safe.


******

Angel, Oz and most of the neighbourhood has come to her funeral. I give a little speech and so does Will. Then the vicar gives some speech about God and her chest gets carried away. My last words to her are: “I love you mom. Have fun with your reincarnation.”
I don’t see the chest going all the way into the ground. That is way to creepy. Everyone says their last words to my mother and then they leave.

*****

When I lie in bed that night, staring at my ‘New Kids On The Block’ posters, realisation kicks in. I’m an orphan. Who will take care of me?


TBC


A/N: I want to give special thanks to my mom who gave me inspiration for this chapter. And thank you once again for the reviews. i really apriciate it. Please review!
Chapter 7 by Kill_Pineapples
Author's Notes:
Thanks for all the reviews and the support. It meant a lot me *hugs the reviewers* I'm doing better, I'm totally settled in my new house, including lots and lots of internet :D
Chapter 7

Breathing in, breathing out. Thump-thump, thump-thump. Breathing in, breathing out. Thump-thump, thump-thump.

Silence


I awake with a scream. I feel my breathing going fast and my heart is racing. For a little while I can’t remember where I am. I stop screaming and look around. It takes a while before I recognise the room I’m in. Next to me, mister Gordo is lying safe and sound. It gives me a bit of comfort. The room I’m in is my bedroom in New York.

The last few weeks have been hard on me. I rarely sleep; I have panic attacks and cry a lot. I do go to the store everyday, although Willow does all the work. I just sit behind the counter looking like a zombie.

I walk to the store that afternoon in a slow pace. I open the door softly and I hear Willow and Will talking in the storage room.
“She has to go and see someone.” I hear Willow say.
“But she doesn’t want to. I’ve asked her a thousand times.” My best friend replies.
“Buffy has no say in this. She needs to get better and specialised help is the only way to do that.”

“I’m not going to see some stranger and talk about my problems!” I shout from the store.
“Buffy!” They immediately come out of the storage room.
“I’m not going to see some stranger.” I repeat.
“Sweetie, listen. You’re one of my closest friends and I don’t want to you to do anything you don’t want, but it is vital that you talk to someone about your problems.” Willow explains with honest concern.

“Red’s right, pet. You barely sleep or eat.”
“I’ve got no problems.” I lie before yawning, “And I’ve eaten 2 pop tarts this morning.”
“What have you eaten for lunch?”
“What time is it?”
“Three ‘o clock in the afternoon.”
“Ah…Wait. Really?”
“I take it you haven’t then.”

I sink down on one of the stools and stare into space.
“Buffy, pet, I really think you should talk to someone about this.”
“But I will not go to a stranger! I will not-“ I can’t finish my sentence because I start sobbing very loudly.
I can’t hear anything anymore, but I feel that Will and Willow have their arms wrapped around me.

*^*^*^*^*

Somewhere between the sobbing and this moment, they managed to get me to the psychologist. I’m sitting in a small room, with one wall that was filled with books. There are a couple of chairs and one couch. At the back is a desk with a lot of stuff on it.
I’m not really looking at the details. I’m way to tense about what’s going to happen next.

Suddenly the doors opens and someone comes in. I look up. There’s a middle aged woman coming in. She’s very tall and she has brown hair and grey eyes. She’s wearing a black skirt with a white blouse on top.
“Hello, miss Summers. How are you today?”
“I’m fine, I guess.” I reply
“I’m Dr. Gellar, but you can call me Mira.” The woman sits down in one of the chairs.


“Oh,” is my reply and I relax a little bit. It is quiet for sometime. Mire is writing down some stuff on the papers of her clip-on board.
“Do you want me to go sit on the couch or…?” I ask her slowly.
“No, you can stay in the chair if you wish.”
“Okay.”

After a while she is finished and looks up at me. “Right, let’s get started. Tell me a bit about yourself.”
I sight and start: “My name is Buffy Summers and I’m 25 years old. I liked music and reading. I own a record shop. I’m only child and I’m an orphan.”

“Okay good. You recently lost your mother. How did that make you feel?”
I’m quiet for a bit, trying to recollect my thoughts. “Sad, I guess.”
“Just sad?” the woman asks me. Her grey are staring intently at me. It kind of freaks me out.
“I don’t know.”
“Really?”
“Yes.”

“Where you and your mother close?” the woman continues.
“When I was younger we were some time a part, but we grew closer over the last couple of years.” I tell her.
“Why were you two apart?” The grey eyes look away for a moment, but then they are back piercingly as ever.
“We had an argument, about what I was going to do after school.”
“What was it that you wanted to do?”

“I wanted to go to Yale.” I shift in my seat and stare out of the window.
“And?”
“She wanted me to go to Sunnydale University.”
“Why?” Mira asks this with a very annoying voice. I could kill her.
“Because it was close to home.” I sight
“And you didn’t want to go there because…”
“Other universities had better opportunities for me.”

“So what happened next?” Click-click with the pen. You have to write stuff down, so why close it? I think to myself.
“I went to live with my dad in New York.”
“Your father lived in New York?”
“Yeah, my parents got divorced when I was 15. It was no big deal. There wasn’t a lot of shouting or secret hating involved.” I let my hand run through my hair. I wonder if she notices that I don’t really like her?
“Right, so you went to live with your dad…”
“I got accepted at NYU and went to college there for a couple of years.”
“Did you finish your education?”
“Yup.” With high grades I might add. God, I miss college.


“And then what happened?” Mira shifts in her seat, placing her clip-on board on the other knee.
“My dad died.”
“What did he die off?”
“Lung cancer. A very rare form.” My mouth feels dry. I need water.

“What happened next?”
“I inherited his shop and started working there. I never went back to Sunnydale, to live there.”
I stand up and start to walk around. I have to shake this uneasy felling off of me. Mira says nothing and just goes on questioning me.

“How was your relationship with your mother at that time?”
“It was good. We talked, I came home every once in a while and then we talked.” That’s how simple it was.
“About what?” Private things. Things that don’t concern you.
“About everything. About her, me, the past, dad. That kind of thing.”
“How did that make you feel?” Mad
“Happy.”
“How did it make you feel when your mom died?” Hollow and numb.
“Sad.” Liar.
“Just sad?” I wish. If I was just sad I wouldn't be here would I. If I was just sad I would watch 'The Way We Were' or some other crappy movie with an annoying Barbara Streisand and drown my self in tears and a buckt of New York Super Fudge Chunk. I would be walking around in sweatpants and chocolate all the time. God, I want to cry!

And so I did. I burst into tears. “No! Not just sad! I’m an orphan! Who will take care of me? Who will I go to when I have major issues I can’t discuss with Will?”
“I don’t know,” Mira replies before handing me a box of tissues.
“My mom is dead! Gone forever! My dad isn’t. My dad has his store, which people remember. But my mom, she didn’t have anything. She had a house, I had to sell. She worked in a gallery, but didn’t have a business of her own. I couldn’t keep most of her stuff. She’s gone.”

“Is that how you see it?”
“That’s how it is! If you ask people in a 3 block radius of the store if they knew a Hank Summers, they would most definitely say yes. But soon my mom will not be remembered at all. And I can’t remember her all by my self. I can’t even remember when the last time was we hugged. Or how she smells.”
“Does this sadden you?”

I look up at Mira and ask with a nice batch of sarcasm: “What do you think?”
She either ignores the sarcasm or doesn’t hear it. “I think it does.”
“Brilliant. How much is two and two.”
“You don’t have to attack me.”
“Well, you’re the one asking stupid questions. I’m crying my eyes out and you ask if it saddens me.”
“Well, people cry, but that doesn’t mean they’re always sad.”

“Maybe I’m not sad. At least right now I’m angry.” I’m breathing heavily and my fists are itching to punch her in the face.
“At who?” Stupid question
“You.”
“What for?”
“The annoying questions.” And then I cry some more. Not the silent weeping that I did in the last few days, but the nice blubbering with lots of noise, tears and a runny nose. After a while I calm down. I wipe away the tears and I blow my nose. I notice I feel a lot better.
I look at the woman sitting across the room. I smile and say: “Thanks.”

“You’re welcome.” Then Mira looks at her watch and says: “Time’s up. I think after what happened today, it is wise to make our sessions a bi-weekly one. You go to my assistant and make a new appointment.”
I nod, say goodbye to the psychologist and leave the room.


TBC
chapter 8 by Kill_Pineapples
A/N: Sorry I didn't update in such a long time. I've been crazed, because of school and personal stuff. But soon I'll have free time. I'll post more of this and finish 'How it happened.' I promise! By the way. After this chapter you're all going to hate me :D

Disclaimer:the songs I used in this chapter aren't mine, but I suggest you listen to them.
-Hate to say I told you so by the Hives
-Rocky need a Lover by Bell X1

The band name is made-up by me.

And pretty please review ^-^



Chapter 8

It’s Tuesday afternoon and I’m sitting in Mira’s office. We just had a long conversation about my life. Well, we always have long conversations about my life, but today we discussed my love life. My ‘flashing light’ relationship with Angel, my one night stands and all that stuff. Somehow we land on the subject of William.
“Tell me something about him.” Mira orders me, her grey eyes looking intently at me as I pace around.
“What do you want to hear?” I ask her.
“What he’s like.”




“Okay, well, he’s 26 years old. He has bleached-blonde hair. Looks like a Billy Idol look-alike. He has blue eyes. He likes punk. He owns a bar called the Rusty Fork and he has a daughter called Isis.”
“Is he married?” I shake my head.
“No, Drusilla died in April.”
“So he’s a widower.”
I grin, but still shake my head. “He didn’t know he had a kid until she died and Isis got shipped over from England to New York.”
“She must’ve gone through a horrible time,” Mira mumbles. Her eyes look like they are staring at something in the distance. I wonder if dr. Gellar has a trauma of some sort.
“She handled it okay. She’s 5 years old. They are good at handling that kind of thing.” I say. She looks at me and smiles.




“You know Buffy, you’re doing really well. You’ve made a lot of progress in the past 4 months.”
“Well, I owe it all to you. And my friends of course. Without them I’d still be a wreck.”
Mira just smiles softly and then says: “I think it’s okay if we start to break down our appointments. We’ll have them once a week to see how you’re coping and from then on we’ll see.”
I nod and smile. “Thanks a million Mira. I really like our sessions.”
“Me too, actually.” She replies with a grin.
We say goodbye and I leave the office



*^*^*^*^*^*



It’s Saturday and there’s a band playing in Will’s bar. They’re called ‘I am the Resurrection’, after a song by the Stone Roses.
Their singer has a very nice voice and they play a weird combination of ‘Blink 182’ and Beach Boys, but all together they sound very nice.
I’m standing in the middle of the crowd, cheering and singing a long with some songs they’re playing. They play a lot of their own material, which is pretty good, but they can’t help but to play some songs of other people.



I’m cheering a long with ‘Hate to say I told you so’ by the Hives. Very few people know the lyrics, but everyone lets go when the band breaks loose at the sentence: Hate to say I told you soooo!


I feel happy and cheerful. I feel good. And when the band takes a break and I make my way to the bar I walk into a very nice person: Ben, my cutie no-spark date.
“Hey Buff!” he says to me in a loud voice.
“Hey Ben! How’re you doing?” I reply
“I’m doing okay! You?”
“Me too!”
He grins and shouts: “Good music, don’t you think?”
“Yes! They’re good. They even asked me to sell their CD in my store. I said I’d think about it, but they’re definitely worth it!”
Ben nods and asks if I want a drink. I agree, but only if I can get the drinks, since I can get them for free.



We listen to the band together and then go to his place to play Mustamaija. We have a really good time. Somehow it’s better than the last date we had last time. It’s late when he walks me home. When we’re standing in front of the entrance of my building, I decide to go with my impulses and I kiss him. It’s a nice kiss. Not too sloppy. And I definitely feel something this time, although I don’t know if it’s for real or just the happiness that’s making me drunk.
Ben doesn’t object. He must feel something too.




Somehow we end up at my place, sitting on my couch, still kissing. After a while we let go of each other.
“Buffy?” Ben says.
“Hmmm…”
“What’s this?” he asks me
“What’s what?” I don’t understand
“What’re we doing?”
“Kissing.” I giggle
“Yes. But is that it?” He sights, with a small ‘duh’ at the end.
“I dunno,” I answer, “we could try dating.”
“Sounds nice.” Ben grins.



We stay on the couch for another hour and then Ben decides to go home. We choose to go on a date on Monday and see what comes of it. At that moment I am happy.
I put on a random CD and the first song I hear is ‘Rocky Took a Lover’ by Bell X1. It’s about a homeless person who brings ‘home’ a girl and Paul Noonan wondered how that conversation was going to go. It doesn’t really fit my mood, but I can’t help but singing a long.



He said 'The sun gives life, and it takes it away
But like all the greats, it'll burn out someday'
She said 'I don't mind, I don't want to get bored
I don't want to end up beached on this shore
I want to be that star'





I remember I had a conversation like that with Will once. When he just got dumped by Drusilla, he was all mopy and wondered why he was here. Everything was going great, but suddenly he felt like he was at the bottom of the pit. What was the point of that?
I remember I told him that life wasn’t fun if it didn’t suck at times.
I grin at the memory of that night. Somehow I’m glad my mom died. I needed a downer to appreciate all the good things in life. Of course I’m said that Joyce isn’t here anymore, I loved her. She was my mother. But it feels good that I can think that other stuff too. I feel happy.
I put on my PJs and turn of my stereo set. Still happy.



That night I have a dream. Nightmare is better.
I’m standing at the top of the building. There’s a party, everything’s nice and fun and sparkly. Suddenly everything melts away and I’m alone with my mother and my father. It’s cold. We don’t speak or say anything. Suddenly there’s a shadow and a loud bang. My mother falls down, dead. Suddenly everything repeats its self. Everything is exactly the same. The sparkly-ness, the dead silence afterwards. Then comes the shadow. But instead of shooting my mom, she steps away and my dad is shot. Before he dies he says: “I guess I’m next.”



I wake up sweating and screaming. I calm down and realise it is all just a dream. I see my alarm clock: 5 A.M. I close my eyes to back to sleep, but I can’t anymore. Something’s nagging at me and I can’t figure out what it is.



TBC
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=19979