Love Island by Kirst
Summary: AU a group of fifteen strangers crash onto an island and sparks fly when Loner Buffy Summers meets mysterious Spike Reynolds im not very good with summarys :(
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 25 Completed: No Word count: 50745 Read: 21488 Published: 12/22/2006 Updated: 02/12/2007

1. Chapter 1 by Kirst

2. Chapter 2 by Kirst

3. Chapter 3 by Kirst

4. Chapter 4 by Kirst

5. Chapter 5 by Kirst

6. Chapter 6 by Kirst

7. Chapter 7 by Kirst

8. Chapter 8 by Kirst

9. Chapter 9 by Kirst

10. Chapter 10 by Kirst

11. Chapter 11 by Kirst

12. Chapter 12: by Kirst

13. CHapter 13 by Kirst

14. Chapter 14 by Kirst

15. Chapter 15: by Kirst

16. Chapter 16 by Kirst

17. Chapter 18 by Kirst

18. Chapter 18: by Kirst

19. Chapter 19 by Kirst

20. Chapter 20 by Kirst

21. Chapter 21 by Kirst

22. Chapter 22 by Kirst

23. Chapter 23 by Kirst

24. Chapter 24 by Kirst

25. Chapter 25 by Kirst

Chapter 1 by Kirst
Author's Notes:
I doubt im really gunna get another chapter of this out before christmas but i just ahd to post this it was callign to me lol
Chaos.
At one time I thought I knew what chaos was. A shopping mall the day before Christmas. A morning school run with five kids in the car. A 50% sale at Barneys.
No turns out that wasn’t chaos. Now I really understand chaos…

The salty tang of water burns my throat as I splutter and gasp my way to the surface of the water. My lungs burn from the lack of oxygen they had had while I was under and the burning sun stung my eyes as I finally broke the surface. Most people see beauty in the ocean and the sky.

I saw horror.

Screams and frightened cries filled my ears and the wild flailing of arms caused the water around me to slosh and panic me further.

I kicked the water and turned in search of land. I turned away from a woman who was screaming shrilly with her eyes screwed shut and just caught the tail end of the plane disappearing into the depths of the ocean no less that 20 feet from where I stood.

A hand suddenly landed on my head and I felt myself being pushed under the water. I gasped in surprised, which was a bad move when I think about it. The water immediately filled my mouth and I started to choke. I raised my hand to grab onto the hand that was clasped onto my head and I dug my fingernails in. The hand immediately let go and I took in deep ragged breaths as I broke the surface again. I turned and saw a huge man treading water next to me with a panicked look on his face and a hand cradled against his chest.

Fucking bastard.

If I wasn’t so desperate of getting out of this situation I would have smacked him in the damn mouth instead though I was distracted by a little girl nearby who was clinging to a young woman desperately.

I felt someone bump into my back but I was to preoccupied screwing my eyes shut against the glare of the sun trying to focus on a green blur I saw in the distance.

Land!

My survival instinct kicked in and I kicked my legs, completely focused on the land I could see in the distance. I paid little attention to the screams around me and swam as hard as I could in the direction of the land.

Before too long I felt the water get shallower and the screams were almost nonexistent. I was soon in shallow enough water to stand up and I did. My eyes swept over the beach I was now on. The stretch of land only seemed to be about 3 miles long and there was a jungle straight ahead.

Where am I?

I felt something bang against my leg and glanced down seeing a suitcase bump against my leg as the swells of the water washed it ashore. I turned back to the ocean and was surprised so see the stillness. The absolute calm. The sea sparkled gently as the sun slowly began its decent towards the horizon lighting the sea into a swirl of blue, green and silvers.

I glanced to my left as I heard someone coughing and saw a dark haired man standing there holding up a coughing red head. He glanced at me briefly before casting worried eyes back to the slowly calming girl. I turned right too and saw a few others all spread out laying, sitting or standing on the shore line also staring out in disbelief at the now peaceful looking ocean.

A flash of white caught my eye and I saw it belonged to tough looking guy slowly making his way up the beach. He was batting at a leather coat as if trying to drain it of water. He looked up and met my eye and I lost my breath at the shining blue eyes met mine. They held no emotion, just a peaceful acceptance. He smiled at me softly and I returned it with a nod before turning back to the ocean.

The chaos was over.

For now at least.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“Hi.”
Buffy looked up and saw the red head she had seen choking when she had first got onto the beach.

“Hey.”
“Im Willow.” The red head greeted kindly plopping down on the sand next to her.
“Buffy.” Buffy responded going back to staring out into the ocean

The sun had set almost two hours ago and Buffy had retreated further up the beach and she now sat close to the edges of the jungle. Despite the darkness the air hadn’t cooled that much and it was still warm enough to wear nothing but a tank top which is what Buffy had stripped off to. Her jumper was now laying out next to her drying while she sat in damp jeans and a tank top. The noise of the waves softly hitting the beach soothed Buffy.

“So how you doing?”
“I'm okay. I just survived a plane crash so im just peachy.” Buffy sighed playing with the sand beneath her.
“We’re all sort of having a little meeting. We want to sort a few things out you know…I was hoping you’d come.” Willow said with an inviting smile on her face.

Buffy nodded to her. Not as if she had any other plans. She looked past Willow to see the dozen or so people gathered around a burning fire a few yards down the beach.

It’s like lord of the damn flies.

Buffy stood and followed Willow over to the group most of whom all studied Buffy, the only member of the group who had gone and sat by herself not speaking to anyone. She sat down cross-legged next to a glaring brunette and a funny haired little guy ignoring all the interested looks she was getting.

“Right well now that we’re all here…”

Everyone turned his or her heads to look up at an oldish looking man who was standing close to the fire. He was wearing a pair of tweed trousers and a crisp looking white shirt. Everything about him screamed repressed.
“I thought this might be a good idea. We don’t really know how long we’re going to be here so I thought we should all at least know each other.” He spoke with a refined English accent.

The shaggy haired brunette guy who she had seen help Willow out of the water raised his hand as if he was in kindergarten and Buffy rolled her eyes.

“How do we know how long we’re gunna be here? I mean we might not even be on an island or anything.” He shrugged.
“It is an island Mr…” Giles trailed of expectantly.
“Harris but call me Xander.”
“Well Xander this is most definitely an island. I have walked the entire length of it actually. It is barely 4 miles long and about 3-4 miles wide. Surrounded by water on every side with no other land in sight.” Giles informed him with a saddened look on his face.

“Well someone will come. They have too.” The brunette next to Buffy spoke and Buffy could practically feel the attitude dripping from her.
“We’ll we did crash almost three hours ago and we haven’t heard or seen anything so we will be here for at least tonight I believe.”

The group all descend into silence. Everyone looking sadly into the fire or into the sand beneath them. Buffy however spent the time studying everyone around her. Safe to say they were defiantly a random bunch of people but Buffy stopped her perusal of the survivors when they came to rest on the bleached blonde she had seen walking up the beach just after the crash.

She was startled a bit when she realised his eyes had been trained on her and she met his steady gaze unblinkingly. His hair now glowed almost silver in the flickering light of the fire and she fully took in his face. His cheekbones were high and unbelievably defined, his lips were unlike any mans she had ever seen; they were full and soft looking. His face alone could easily make him a model but his eyes set off the rest of his features perfectly. They were the most startling colour blue she had ever seen and the emotions shown in them were amazing.


He raised an eyebrow when he noticed her gaze flickering over all his features and he smiled when he saw the blush creep up her neck.

She was absolutely gorgeous. He had first seen her getting on the plane. Man she was a sight. She looked irate and had a scowl on her face at the time but her eyes were full of a certain spark and Spike had had to adjust himself when he saw the fire burning in her eyes as a man jostled her on his way to the toilet. Her hair fascinated him and even when she had just swum from the wreckage and her hair had been plastered to her head he hadn’t really noticed. Instead he had noticed her soaking wet clothing that had revealed every curve of her body.

He had shivers just thinking about it.

“Well im Xander Harris. I’m from San Diego and I was flying to Sydney to visit my brother. I’m 24 and im a construction worker. I was alone on the plane.”

Buffy broke out of her staring competition with the blonde when she heard the brunette guy talking. Great group bonding. How fun.

“I’m Willow Rosenberg and I was going to Sydney with my friends Oz, and Tara.” Willow started indicating the funky haired guy next to Buffy and a shy looking blonde next to Xander.
“I’m 21 and it was kind of a backpacking thing.”

“I’m Cordelia Chase as in Chase Corporations! I was going to Sydney for this like huge fashion shoot and im 26 and engaged to this really amazing and really rich guy.” the girl next to Buffy jumped in next saying the story as if she was giving them an amazing tale and she beamed at them with her perfectly pearly whites.
“I’m Rupert Giles. I’m from Britain originally. I’m an author and so I often travel for my work. Im 46 and I have a wife named Joyce.” The old librarian looking guy said softly.

It went on like that for over a half hour and Buffy actually found herself interested in this. It was good to know something about people who you were gunna be staying with for the night and it was unbelievable the different people were. There was Xander, Willow, Cordelia and Rupert or Giles as he said he preferred to be called but there was also Tara and Oz who were both originally from Boston and had met Willow in college.

A tall black man named Gunn and his girlfriend Fred also introduced themselves. Gunn was a high school gym teacher while Fred was a second year intern at a hospital in San Diego training to be a surgeon. Following those two, a hulking and brooding brunette who said his name was Angel. Buffy paid closer attention to him he was exactly her type and if she had been off the island she would definitely of liked to get to know him better but it turned out he had a girlfriend back home and she quickly focused on the next person which was a girl named Anya who to put it honestly was the bluntest person Buffy had ever met.

Everyone else had said maybe 2 minutes about themselves whereas she had rambled on about her past sexual life and her thriving business. Two brothers name Wesley and Riley told the group they were both from Iowa and that they had been flying to Sydney on holiday as they had both inherited a small fortune and before Buffy realised it they were all looking at her expectantly.

“I’m Buffy Summers. I’m from L.A originally. I don’t have a job really. Just go where the wind blows me really. I’m 22 and that’s it really.” Buffy shrugged now turning to look at the only person of the group who hadn’t spoken. The man gave a little smile to her before puffing out his chest ready to talk.

“My names Spike. I don’t answer to anything else. I’m 28 and I don’t have a job either a drifter like yourself luv.” Spike winked at the blonde opposite him.
“I don’t have kids don’t have a wife or girlfriend and I am officially freezing my balls off.” He finished while the rest of the group laughed. The chill had indeed picked up and most of them had moved closer and closer to the fire without realising it trying to keep warm.

“Do I know you from somewhere?” Cordelia asked with a thoughtful look on her face. Spike gulped audibly but shook his head.
“Nope don’t think so.”

Oh god don’t let her recognise me.

“Yes you look familiar to me too…” Willow studied him thoughtfully.
“Just one of those faces I guess…hey how bout that chill right?” Spike spoke loudly trying to change the topic.

“Yes I believe we should settle in for the night. I have a few blankets that I managed to salvage from the things that got washed up but I think everyone should build their own fire too.” Giles encouraged them all handing a blanket to Gunn and Fred.

“So pet…cold?” Spike asked staring down at her nipples, which were pressing against the thin material of her tank top. Buffy looked down at herself and back up at Spike, surprising him when instead of the indignant cry and insult he would have got from a woman at saying something like that he instead got a half-hearted shrug.

Well kitten has got balls aint she.

“Im very sorry I only have one more left.” Giles said apologetically holding out a blanket and glancing in between the blonde pair. Spike smiled while Buffy frowned a little.
“Looks like we’re bunking together Summers.” Spike leered pressing his tongue against his front teeth enticingly.
Buffy felt a shiver go through her at the downright sinful image he made before gulping slightly.

“Im gunna go search for more warm clothes, will you build the fire?” She asked not waiting for an answer as she jogged off to where everyone had piled the washed up suitcases, leaving a stunned Spike gawping after her.
He never expected her to let him share a blanket with her and had expected to be fought with over it instead she had just gone with it and was going to sleep very close to a complete stranger.

Damn who is this girl?
Chapter 2 by Kirst
CHAPTER 2

“You’re a lucky son of a bitch!” Xander laughed whistling softly as Buffy bent over another suitcase searching for appropriate clothing.
“What you mean?” Spike smirked pretending to be oblivious.
“Oh come on man! Stranded on a desert island and our first night you get to share your blanket with a woman as hot as that.” Xander laughed pointing to Buffy.
“You should count your lucky stars.” Xander shook his head before heading off to his designated spot around a fire with Willow, Oz and Tara.

“So pet…I get the distinct impression that you keep yourself to yourself.” Spike teased as they both huddled close to their fire. Neither was very tired yet so the blanket lay between them.
“Why would you think that?” Buffy asked.

“Well…you survive a plane crash and instead of sharing your experience like the rest of us you wandered off by yourself. At the little camp meeting we just had, you sat there quiet, mostly just studying people and you haven’t said one word since we sat here.” Spike finished taking a swig out of a Pepsi bottle. They had rationed the food and drink they had saved from the plane but Spike had sneaked this earlier.

“Guess some would say I keep myself to myself…most others just call me a bitch.” Buffy chuckled to herself staring up at the inky black sky dotted with little shining beads of light.
“So you said you go wherever the wind takes you huh? Where ya been?” Spike asked interested in finding out anything about this girl.
“Everywhere. England, Ireland, America obviously, France, Italy, Japan, Belgium, Germany, countless others…and I stopped in Portugal for awhile…only about three weeks though.” Buffy listed.

“Why?” Spike asked curiously.
“Because I didn’t like Portugal. Didn’t feel right.” Buffy shrugged.
“No I meant why do you travel? Usually only two reasons people go wandering the world. Their trying to run from something or their trying to get to something.” Spike said casually.
“Nope not for me it isn’t. I just feel better not staying in one place. I don’t like getting attached to things. What about you? You said your a drifter…what type are you?” Buffy asked turned to study his face intently.
“Im a bit of both.” Spike smiled secretly taking another swig.

“Deep.” Buffy laughed rolling her eyes.
“You know what Cordelia and Willow were right. Ive seen you someplace before.” Buffy informed him curiously.
“Right well im shattered you ready to go to sleep?” Spike asked yawning.

Buffy nodded and pulled a bit of foam she had found earlier under her head to use as a pillow. Spike took a second to study her. The flames give her a soft glow and when she closed her eyes he realised just how innocent she looked. When awake he could see the look in her eyes. The one people got when they went through something that most don’t. Something that aged them beyond their years. When she closed her eyes however she looked almost angelic. Spike smiled to himself and settled himself next to her. He threw the blanket over them but it wasn’t very big and it only half cover him.

Bloody brilliant.
He grumbled quietly to himself preparing to be freezing all night.

Buffy opened her eyes to see Spike lying on his back next to her. He was so close to her that their arms and legs where pressed together at the sides but still she could see that the blanket didn’t fully cover him.
“We should lay on our sides. It will cover you more.” Buffy’s soft voice shocked Spike and he jumped slightly.
Spike nodded and rolled onto his right side expecting her to roll to face him instead she rolled so her back was too him, he grinned to himself before pressing his chest firmly against her back. With a smile on his face he drifted off to sleep with the warm body of the woman who had captured his attention so abruptly pressed firmly against his chest.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

When Spike woke up he was very aware of two things.

One was the fact that he had a very big hard on straining against the zipper of his jeans.

The second was that that same hard on was pressed hard against the ass of the woman lying next to him.

Oh bugger.

Buffy woke up slowly, the sound of the waves soothing her making her want to do anything but awaken. She could here a bird fly over head letting out as very strange noise as it did so. It took her a full five minutes to realise someone was sleeping next to her and another five to realise that she had something very hard pressing against her ass.

Fucking great.

She rolled her eyes and almost let out a laugh when she heard him make a pained little whimper.

God men are pathetic.

Without any warning she rolled away and sat up, stretching her arms out to get rid of the dull ache that had settled in them.

“Morning.”

Without waiting for his reply she stood up and walked away heading for the large group of awake people nearby.
“Hey Buffy right?” Xander give her a charming smile holding out his hand as she neared.
“hey.” Buffy smiled back.
“So what’s the what G-man…its morning and I don’t see no rescue boat.” Xander stated the obvious looking to the older man as if for guidance.

“Well...Urm…I uh...” Giles stammered trying to come up with something to tell the gathered group.
“How much supplies to we have?” Buffy asked surprising everyone. She had hardly spoken the night before so they were surprised by her question.
“We have 29 bottles of water. Umm a dozen or so bags of chips and a few other bits and pieces….nuts, chocolate bars …most of what was on the plane went under with it.” Xander shrugged.

“Well im gunna go check out the island…see if there’s any fresh water nearby.” Buffy said turning to walk off into the jungle.
“Hey! Im coming with you!” Xander yelled after her jogging to catch up.
“Yeah me too.” Angel shrugged following the lumbering idiot.
“I don’t need any help.” Buffy said gently wanting some time to her self.
“Yeah well im feeling antsy I want to do something.” Xander shrugged.
Buffy shook her head but led the way anyway pushing her way past trees, bushes and logs with the two guys following behind.
“So how long do you think we’re gunna be here?” Xander asked.

“How are we supposed to know?” Angel panted out already feeling the strain of wandering through the jungle in this heat.
“Well I hope someone will come soon. Otherwise….” Xander trailed off looking down at his feet while Buffy and Angel shared a gloomy look.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“Did you find anything?” Giles asked when the tired looking group found their way back to the beach.
“There’s a waterfall with fresh water like a mile into the jungle. I figure we should have two people gathering water in those coolers everyday so we don’t run out.” Buffy suggested pointing too three empty coolers nearby.

“Yes that’s a good plan. Anything else?” Giles asked. Buffy looked up too see the entire group with the exception of Spike standing there looking at her expectantly.

“Urm…we should set up something here on the beach too…In case it rains. We could use the bits of wreckage we have to build a sort of trough to collect rainwater. We need shelter too…” Buffy finished a little awkwardly not feeling comfortable with all these strangers looking to her too tell them what to do.

“Okay that’s good. Xander! You, Willow, Tara and Angel you start work on the trough. Oz, Anya, Gunn and Fred I will join you in building us some shelters okay.” Giles finished rubbing his hands together as if eager for work.
“Hey what about me!” Cordelia exclaimed indignantly at being left out of anything.
“You can…urm…help us.” Giles finished lamely casting a worried look at Buffy who had to turn away to hide her laughter.

As the two groups set off down the beach to start their tasks Buffy walked over to the many suitcases and pulled out a bottle of shampoo and conditioner, a sponge and a brush. She carried on rummaging until she also found a pair of shorts and a t-shirt that looked like they’d fit her and then made her way back into the jungle. It took her less than ten minutes to find the waterfall that it had taken her Angel and Xander over two hours to find and quickly shed her t-shirt and jeans eager to get under the cold water that lowed over the waterfall.

The cold water of the small lake caused goosebumps to rise on her arms and she swam close to where the water overflowed into the lake and ran her fingers through her hair untangling it. She swam back over to the rocks at the edge of the water and jumped onto them ringing her hair out. She didn’t use the shampoo and conditioner realising that she didn’t want to ruin this source of water. She was halfway through running the brush through her hair when she heard a wolf whistle sound behind her.

She let out a huff of hair and turned to see Spike standing there with that infuriating raised eyebrow look on his face. She almost blushed when his eyes raked over her barely clothed body but instead she turned back to look at the waterfall.

Ignore him ignore him.

“Hey pet. Looking good.” Spike smiled watching the water droplets run down her smooth golden back.
He grinned to himself before pulling his top over his head and pulling off his boots. He saw her back tense when she heard his clothing hit the floor but she didn’t turn around to him so he carried on, unzipping his jeans un tugging them off. Without another throat he ran and jumped into the water, taking long strokes into the middle of the water before turning to look back at Buffy.

She stared after him her mouth feeling very dry. The only thoughts that were making sense in her head was. Spike. Naked. Wet.

“What’s the matter pet? Not gunna join me?” Spike smiled enticingly making his intentions very clear.

No don’t do it Buffy. Walk away. If you have sex with him you won’t be able to escape him. You’re stuck on the same island for Christ sake!

Buffy stared at him a moment longer before gathering her clothes and sprinting off into the jungle.

“What the hell!” Spike growled making his way back out of the water and shoving his jeans back on.
What the hell is wrong with that girl!? One minute she seems like she wouldn’t mind a good old tumble and the next she’s a frigid bitch.
Chapter 3 by Kirst
Chapter 3

Spike grumbled his entire way back to the beach and his mood darkened further when he couldn’t find Buffy.
Instead Spike walked over to the others who were all gathered around three shelters made of wood, metal and sheets of plastic.

“What’s going on?” Spike asked studying the rather impressive shelters that the group had built.
“These are our temporary homes. The first over there is for Me, Anya, Wesley and Riley. The second here, the biggest one is for you, Buffy, Xander Cordelia and Willow and the third is for Gunn, Fred, Tara and Oz.” Giles said proudly wiping the sweat from his eyes with his hand.

“Where is Buffy?” Willow asked curiously.
“How am I supposed to know?” Spike asked defensively when everyone turned to look at him.
“Well you seemed…close…well closer than any of us are too her anyway.” Willow shrugged holding up her hands in defence.
“Yeah well…don’t know where the bloody bint is.” Spike grumbled kicking the sand at his feet like a child.

Almost four hours after sunset Buffy still hadn’t showed up and the group were getting rather worried. They all sat around a huge fire eating the melons and other fruit that Willow had gathered from the jungle.
“Do you think she’s all right?”
“Maybe she got eaten by a tiger.” Cordelia added causing everyone to groan at how shallow she was that she could say something like that without even a tinge of sadness in her voice.

“Well we didn’t see anything that could really harm you when we went to look for water.” Angel said worriedly. He had taken quite a liking to the little blonde; she kept herself to herself and only spoke when something needed to be said. A trait he found very endearing.
“I'm gunna go look for her.” Riley stood up followed by Wesley and Spike.
“Yeah okay lets-”

“What’s going on?”
Everyone turned to stare at the tiny blonde standing right next to the group.
“Buffy!” Willow gasped happily throwing her arms around the girl in front of her despite only knowing her a day Willow easily formed attachments and had been really worried about her.

Buffy froze not returning the hug at all and staring worriedly at the red head that seemed unconcerned by the blonde’s utter lack of response to the hug.
“We were worried. We thought you’d gotten lost or something.” Giles smiled kindly at the girl handing her a half of melon.

Buffy took it and nodded in thanks.
“You shouldn’t have worried. I just went for a walk. I like being alone sometimes.” Buffy shrugged sitting down to eat her melon not noticing the looks everyone else was giving her especially a certain bleached blonde

When Buffy was told of the sleeping arrangements Spike paid extra attention and smiled when he saw her cast a worried glance at him when she found out he would yet again be sleeping close to her.

Pretty soon everyone retreated into their little huts to sleep. He went in before Buffy and smirked when he realised the lay out of the small space. Cordelia was next to the left wall and had her own blanket and pillow. Even in sleep Spike could see the arrogance in her stature. Next to her was Willow who was sleeping rather close to the Xander bloke.

Hmmm interesting.

Then next to Xander there was a gap where he and Buffy were obviously expected to sleep. He quickly settled in next to Xander not wanting Buffy to sleep near the other guy. Buffy didn’t appear in the entrance of the little makeshift shelter till almost an hour later and by that time Xander, Willow and Cordelia were all fast asleep.
He studied her as she knelt at the entrance biting her lip with a troubled look on her face.

“You gunna come in or not luv.” Spike spoke startling her.
“Don’t call me luv.” Was her immediate response and a cold look entered her face.
“Okay fine, what should I call you? Sweetheart? Goldilocks?” Spike teased.

He saw her shoulders shake a little and even in the pitch darkness he could tell she was fighting not to laugh.
Without another protest she moved into the shelter and lay on her side facing him. Spike sucked in a surprised breathe and grinned in the dark that she had agreed to sleep next to him again. He drifted off with a huge grin on his face.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
“Sleep well last night kitten?” Spike asked casually over breakfast. Buffy looked up and give him an exasperated look.
“Well I didn’t sleep well at all! I got sand in my hair and it was all hard and lumpy….” Cordelia rambled on with her complaints not noticing that absolutely no one was paying any attention to her.

“Hey Buffy…you doing anything today?” Angel asked the blonde with a smile earning a sharp glare form Spike which he didn’t notice.
“Well im on an island…I basically plan to…sit.” Buffy shrugged earning a snort of laughter from the rest of the group.

“Well wanna come with me? Scout out the island a bit more?” Angel smiled.
“Sure.” Buffy nodded getting up to go grab a backpack and a bottle of water giving Spike a look when he jumped up too.
“What? I can come right peaches? Don’t mind me tagging along.” Spike smiled innocently grabbing his pack too and smiling at Buffy who just sighed.

“So what’s it like being a lawyer?” Buffy panted pulling herself up the side of a small cliff.
“Stuffy and boring.” Angel grunted reaching down and pulling her up by her arm.
“Just like you then.” Spike said sullenly.
Ever since they had taken off on their little trek Angel had been all over Buffy. Acting like a bleeding puppy dog the sodding wanker. And there was Buffy acting all fucking mushy.

What’s he got that I aint got!

Buffy had to turn away to hide her smile.

He is soo jealous.

Buffy rolled her eyes and walked a bit ahead. She couldn’t deal with being around the whole macho man fest that was going on at the moment. God Spike was acting like he owned her or something.

“Listen what’s your problem?” Angel asked losing his temper at the blonde now. Ever since they had left camp he had been nothing but sarcastic and aiming barbs at him and he was getting sick of it.
“Nothings my problem just you being a pansy.” Spike grumbled.
“Why are you acting like such an ass then? You’ve been nothing but hostile since we left camp!” Angel snapped.
Spike just shook his head ignoring what Angel had just said instead turning to watch Buffy as she walked off behind some bushes.

“So im guessing you wanna get in her pants?” Spike said quietly trying to control his temper. Why the hell does that stupid bint want him? Angel looked at him for a second and then to the bush where Buffy had disappeared and laughed when he finally realised what was going on.
“Oh my god that’s what this is about!? You think I want Buffy?!” Angel laughed loudly staring at Spike like he was an idiot.

“You’re telling me you don’t want her?” Spike gave him a disbelieving look.
“Hey im not saying I wouldn’t want her I mean she is hot but…I’ve got a girlfriend who I love…I would never do something behind her back! I just like Buffy as a friend she seems like a nice person and she isn’t exactly expressing herself so I was hoping to get to know her better on this little trip….Jesus don’t worry im not after your girl.” Angel chuckled and sauntered off leaving Spike behind him.

Almost an hour later the three of them were sat on logs munching on some very juicy hopefully not poisonous fruit they had found.
“Don’t you think the guys will be wondering where we are?” Spike asked.
“Nah they know we’re together.” Angel shrugged.
“Still let’s head back its getting dark.” Buffy sighed lifting her pack and trudging off back in the direction they had come from with Angel and Spike trailing behind.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“So find anything interesting?” Willow asked popping a nut into her mouth.
“Nope nothing…looks like we’re in for a fun stay.” Angel laughed.
“Where’s Buffy?” Cordelia asked glancing around.
Angel frowned and glanced around searching for the little blonde.

“I don’t know…Spikes gone too…” Angel realised and just smiled going back to his food.
“Should we go see if we can find them?” Willow asked nervously.
“No I think they should be just fine on their own.”
Chapter 4 by Kirst
Chapter 4

Buffy groaned and leant on a nearby tree. She bent backwards hearing her bones pop she sighed in relief but still winced at the little aches she could feel running along her spine. She closed her eyes still leaning on the tree thankful that she could rest for a bit. She tensed when she felt a hand on her shoulder and she spun around and let out a little
squeak at seeing Spike standing there with a grin on his face.

“Turn back around pet…I’ll help get rid of all your aches pet. Spike leered turning her around to face the tree and running his hands up and down her back kneading it softly. Buffy moaned and her eyes fluttered closed at the wonderful feelings running through her.

Hmmm god his hands are amazing.

His hands travelled higher and she gasped when his fingers played over the very sensitive part of her neck.

“Found a soft spot huh luv?” Spike whispered in her ear and she groaned again not realising just how close he had moved to her. He was practically flat against her back now and her eyes shot open when she felt his mouth close down on her neck.

He sucked and nibbled on her neck and instead of turning around and pushing him away like she knew she should she turned around and pressed her lips against his effectively shutting down her brain completely.

She whimpered into his mouth and sunk into the kiss letting his tongue inside of her mouth and gasping yet again as his tongue tangled with hers. It took her a full minute before she came to her senses and pushed him away. He was so lost in the kiss that he was unprepared for her gentle push and he stumbled backwards staring at her with glazed eyes watching as she licked her lips subconsciously.
“Buffy…” Before he could get anything else out she had run away leaving him staring into thin air.

No way is she getting away that easy.

When he got back to camp it was empty and the fire was extinguished. He ducked into his hut and grinned when he saw Buffy laying there flat against the wall staring at him with a mixture of fear and anticipation.

“Hey luv…” Spike whispered moving in closer to her.
“Please Spike just go to sleep…not tonight I can’t…I…can we talk in the morning?” Buffy pleaded.
Spike didn’t want her to get away with it but he sighed and nodded his head instead of kissing her like he had hoped he fell onto his back next to her. He couldn’t get to sleep however and he could tell she hadn’t either. Her breathing was uneven and he could feel how tense she was.
He turned onto his side to try to get comfy and was surprised to see her facing him with her eyes open.

She was so close that Spike could feel her warm breath on his face and he screwed his eyes shut trying to dispel the images in his head sadly his body didn’t work with him and he could feel himself harden which wasn’t helpful since his crotch was pressed tightly against Buffy’s belly. He felt her tense but instead of moving she continued to just lay there.

What’s wrong with this girl? She seems like she wants me one minute and then acts like a bleeding ice queen right after and then she’s all over me again.

Instead of letting this moment pass, he was eager to get as close to the blonde as possible and soon he was pressed so close that he knew she could feel every line of his hard body and he could feel her breath on his throat.
“What are you doing?” Her quiet question surprised Spike but not enough to make him move back.
“What’s it feel like? I'm keeping us as warm as possible.” He lied knowing full well that she knew what he was doing. He backed his face away to where he guessed her face was and leant in a few inches so he could feel her lips just barely grazing his.

Oh god.

Buffy’s entire body tensed as she felt his lips brush against hers and then instantly melted again when his lips pressed firmly against hers. He wasted no time and kissed her like he was a starved man eating his favourite dish.

His lips were so soft but his kisses were hard, not that Buffy minded. She preferred rough, hard kisses to gentle loving ones. If he had given her a soft kiss she just might have pushed him away but instead his kisses were harsh and demanding.

Something she could definitely work with. She felt his tongue trying to worm its way into her mouth and she parted her lips willingly letting him slide his tongue in to duel with hers.
It was without a doubt the hottest kiss she had ever had and she could feel herself ache for him already. His hand worked its way under her top and up to grope her breast and she gasped into his mouth when his fingers stroked and twisted her nipple till it hardened.

She suddenly realised where she was and pulled away a little bit staring fearfully at the sleeping figures of the three other occupants of their little shack. Her eyes had adjusted to the dark and that’s all she could see was Xander’s broad back as he was turned away from her. The two other girls were hidden from sight behind his bulky frame. She looked back at Spike and he gave her sly little smile.

“Gunna have too keep quite then aren’t we?” Spike smirked.
Buffy was about to protest but somehow he managed to pull her t-shirt up till it was around her neck before she even got a syllable out and his talented mouth was working away at her breasts, licking and suckling lightly on her nipples. She felt the flood between her legs and knew she was too far gone now to stop anyway.

She reached down and ran her hands over his unbelievably god-like body mapping out each sensitive spot he had and smiling to herself when he felt him shudder when she touched his nipples.

Somehow her hands managed to unbuckle his belt pull his zip down and pull his dick out without her even knowing. Her eyes widened at the sheer size of the hardness in her hands and she sighed at the fact she wouldn’t be able to have him inside her. Desert island meant no condoms and no way was she getting pregnant on a damn island. Ahh well there was always other things.

She gripped the base of his cock firmly and began to stroke him at the same time running her fingertips over the head of him to spread the liquid that appeared there over the rest of his member. She hardly even noticed that he had stopped touching her.

She was so focused on him in her hand and she grinned at the little noises he was making. She soon realised she was being seriously left out on the touching department but she didn’t have time to complain. Pretty soon he had his hand down the front of her jeans and was rubbing her dripping centre in time with her strokes.

She squeezed his dick a little harder when his fingers pinched her clit and he let out an unmanly squeak. She could tell he wasn’t far off and she used her other hand to dip inside his jeans to fondle his balls.

As soon as her finger touched the sensitive part between his balls and ass he exploded in her hand spraying his load all over the sand beneath them. She smiled proudly to herself as he collapsed onto her and she licked her hand clean.

Hmm he tastes good.

After a few minutes she began to wriggle trying to get his attention. When he finally came out of his daze he realised she hadn’t yet cum and a determined look settled in his eyes. He plunged two fingers into her core and he put a hand over her mouth to stop the loud cry that almost tumbled from her lips.

She lifted her hands in instinct to pull his hand off but they just rested limply atop his hand and she gazed at him behind glassy eyes. Something about the submissive position she was in struck something in her and her eyes rolled again as his fingers continued to thrust into her. He knew she was close and could see the pleading look in her eyes.

Giving in and letting her have her pleasure he tapped her clit and felt her muscles clench and spasm around his fingers as she flew over the edge. When she came too properly she was nestled in his tight embrace and her clothes were all on tidy again. She wanted to get away from his protective arms. Wanted to leave and never see him again. It’s what she did. She didn’t have relationships.
Didn’t have connections. She kept her distance. She ran. But on an island…where was there to run?

“Yo! Billy!”
Spike’s eyes fluttered open and he let out a tired groan. A gap in-between two planks of wood in the wall allowed a stray beam of light to burn into his eyes and he ducked his head sharply to get away from the pain. He turned around to see Willow, Cordelia and Xander all staring at him.

“What?” Spike asked a little grumpily.

“Did Buffy sleep here last night?” Xander questioned.
It wasn’t until then that Spikes brain fully connected and he glanced around the tiny hut as if there was space for her too hide. The last thing he remembered was her warm body wrapped tightly around his and now there was no sign of her.

“uhh yeah she slept here….she must have gotten up early.” Spike sighed a little dejectedly.

You’re crazy Summers. Completely and utterly out of my fucking tree. Buffy growled to herself kicking a tree viciously. The pain shot up her leg and she groaned in pain leaning against the poor innocent tree and clutching her foot tightly in her hands.

She had woken up before the sun had even risen and had freaked out as soon as she realised where she was. She had never ever stayed the night with a guy. She had made the vow to not let anyone in at fifteen and she wasn’t gunna just give up on it now that a particularly hot guy walked into her life.

Even if he does make me feel.

She closed her eyes and remembered how he had felt sleeping next to her last night. She hadn’t had that kind of intimacy for years. Sure she had screwed around but she had never felt that…connected before.

Fucking hell get over it. Just ignore it.

“Just pretend it never happened. Ignore it completely.” Buffy muttered to herself making her way back to where she knew the others had camped.
Chapter 5 by Kirst
Chapter 5

Spike spotted Buffy emerge from the trees and shielded his eye from the sun grinning as he took in just how beautiful she was. She was only wearing a tiny pair of baby blue hot pants that showed off her entire leg and a teeny white tank top that clung to her tits perfectly.

He groaned as he felt a stirring down below and chuckled at how teenagerish he was acting.
“Down boy.” He laughed at himself looking down at the front of his jeans.

“What?” Riley asked confused staring at the blonde guy as they lifted the metal roof they had built for yet another shelter.
“Nothing mate.” Spike smirked lowering his piece in place and jogging up too meet Buffy.

Buffy’s mouth went dry as she saw Spike standing on the beach. He was holding a sheet of metal above his head and she almost choked on her tongue at the sight of his well muscled stomach and chest that was on display. His hair was all curly and in disarray due to the fact no one had found any hair gel and she decided she liked it better that way. She didn’t even notice he was coming closer to her till it was too late to run.

“Hey cutie.” Spike greeted beaming his pearly whites at her and sticking his tongue out between his teeth as he dragged his eyes over her body making it very clear what he was thinking.
“Hi.” Buffy greeted looking anywhere but at him.
Spike frowned when he noticed she wasn’t even looking at him and he coughed to break the silence that had descended on them.
“You weren’t there this morning.” Spike stated looking up at her.
“I went for a walk.” Buffy shrugged.

Fine if that’s how she bloody wants to play it.

“Aw okay. That’s cool. Just to let you know that you didn’t need to feel awkward or nothing it’s not as if It meant anything.” Spike said acting disinterested scratching his back slightly. He saw Buffy tense a little but it went so fast he wasn’t even sure he saw it.
“That’s good. Cause I didn’t know how to tell you. I don’t want anything from you. It was just fun but that’s all okay.” Buffy said feeling a tad relieved but also a little disappointed by what he had said.

What’s the matter with you! You don’t want him interested in you! This will make it all the more easier to just ignore it!

She knew she was lying to herself however and she gulped back a lump in her throat before walking off in the direction of a waving Angel.


2 Weeks and four days:

“Oh fucking hell….Jesus….ugh.” Spike grunted and groaned his way to orgasms pulling on his dick quickly desperate for release. It didn’t take long and he pulled up the brown shorts and ran a hand through his hair in frustration.

Damn that bitch to hell.

Two weeks since what he was now calling “the incident” and she had barely said a word to him. She had even moved huts so she know slept in one with Captain forehead and that old perv Giles. They were both after her he just knew it the slimy bastards.

He made his way back to the camp even more frustrated than he had been when he had left and he sat down on a log next to Xander and Wesley with a huff. They both looked at him curiously but didn’t say anything.

Buffy and Willow lay nearby both on beach towels soaking up the rays. Spike stared at Buffy’s practically naked body in longing running his eyes from her cute little toes to her wavy blonde hair. Everything about her just screamed goddess and he was seriously getting desperate. Since getting on the island she had only grown hotter and Spike wasn’t sure whether it was because of the golden tan she once had that had now turned into an even darker gold or the fact that her hair seemed more wild and had streaks of almost pure white in it after being bleached by the sun but she looked hotter than anyone he had ever seen and he had seen every playboy cover in existence.

“She’s something aint she.” Riley grinned roguishly nudging Spike.
“Hmm yeah I guess she’s all right.” Spike mumbled trying to tear his gaze from her smooth looking stomach.

“All right? you kidding right?! She’s fucking hot as hell! And you can just tell she’d be good in the sack.” Riley smirked in what he obviously thought was a seductive manner.
Before Spike could reply however Riley turned to Xander.
“I'm right aren’t I she’s hot.” Riley asked Xander as if reassuring himself.
Xander got a panicked look in his eye and glanced at the two sunbathers in worry.

“Come on man…you know she is…not that im saying I want her or anything…” Xander stammered.
“Don’t worry Whelp we aint gunna tell Red you find Buffy attractive. I don’t think she’d mind anyway as long as you don’t try something.” Spike grinned teasingly causing Xander to blush.

Ever since the first day Spike had suspected something between those two but it wasn’t until 3 days ago that Spike and the others had stumbled back to camp carrying water and had caught the whelp and red with their tongues almost buried own each others throats. Oz and Tara had promptly warned Xander if he hurt their friend they would both rip his arms off and use them as bait for fishing. He had of course gotten scared, been calmed down by Willow and things had seemed to be hotting up since.

If things are getting so hot with them why can’t Buffy fucking want me then!
“So you have sex with her yet?” Riley asked Xander earning a glare from Spike.

Stupid prat.

“No. We’ve only known each other just over two weeks. And we are stuck on an island for Christ sake.” Xander chuckled nervously.
“Yeah well who knows how long we’re gunna be here.” Riley sighed looking down at the floor. The three guys gave each other unbelievably depressed looks each one knowing the longer they stayed there the less chance they had of someone finding them.

“So you think Buffy would be up for some jungle fun?” Riley smirked lewdly effectively breaking the despair filled mood.
“Nah I don’t think so….she seems like such a nice girl…when she opens up. But other times she just seems…away. Like she’s not really here. She doesn’t want to really make friends with anyone. Willow seems to be the closest but she hasn’t exactly joined in with the group has she.” Xander said turning his eyes to study the mysterious blonde.

“Deep thoughts I was just looking for a yes or no answer.” Riley sighed as if Xander was an idiot for thinking otherwise before trotting over to sit with Gunn and Fred both of whom gave him an exasperated look before he even sat down.
“I was just saying what I thought.” Xander justified himself feeling like a fool.

“Hey don’t worry about it that guys a tosser. Your right she doesn’t seem to want to mesh well with us does she?” Spike sighed thoughtfully.
“I wonder what happened to her to make her like that.” Xander pondered but his thoughts were stolen away when his red head “friend” stood up and started to walk over to him with a beautiful smile lighting up her face.

Spike saw the sparks flying between the two and sat up replacing Willow by Buffy’s side.
“What are you doing?” Buffy asked a little exasperated sigh tearing from her lips.
“I'm topping up my tan what does it look like.” Spike said sarcastically laying down on his side so he effectively shielded Buffy’s tiny frame with his back much like he had on the night of the “incident.”

She chose to ignore him in an attempt to get rid of him but quickly gave up on that when she felt his surprisingly cool fingers glide up and down her belly. She gasped quietly as his fingers lightly traced the underside of her breast.
“Stop it.” Buffy moaned as she felt his hand actually slip under her bikini top a little.

“You really want to? I’ve thought of nothing but you sweetheart. You’re in my head, my blood. I'm drowning in you Buffy. I want you so much. You’re telling me that since that night you haven’t thought about this?” Spike smirked fully self assured although inside he was nervous as hell. She moaned again however when he pressed on her nipple slightly and he knew he had her.
“Come on pet come into the jungle for a few minutes.” Spike whispered in her ear before standing up and practically bolting into the jungle.

Buffy lay there completely immobile her brain had been turned to mush by his gentle caresses and she knew her face must have been bright red. She bit her lip thinking deeply.
If I get up and go with him I know what’s gunna happen…It’s afterwards that im worried about.

Her treacherous body however already seemed to have made the decision for her because without even realising it she was already a few yards into the jungle. She couldn’t see Spike anywhere and she was about to give up when she felt a hand close over her mouth and a body push her up against a tree. She groaned as her nipple rubbed against the rough bark and a shot of pleasure shot through her.

Oh Jesus.

Spike ground his dick into her ass moaning as he did so. He had basically been hard for the last 14 days with no way to relieve himself but with his hand and with his lifestyle he was used to having someone to help him out and he was out of his mind with need. He reached up and pulled her biking string so it undone and he ripped it off; her bikini bottoms went next as he untied the little bows on her hips that kept them together. Completely nude to his gaze he spun her around so he could see her and he growled at how amazingly stunning her body was.

Without another thought he spun her back around so she was facing the tree and lifted her by her hips. He didn’t think of checking if she was ready but he needn’t have worried she was absolutely dripping and Spike grunted out his pleasure as his dick finally pushed its way inside her tiny body. Buffy screamed silently as he buried himself inside her. He was so big and the angle he had her in caused him to go so deep he was bumping her cervix. She closed her eyes in pleasure as she felt his body pull out of her and thrust back in quickly.

She adjusted to his rhythm quickly, pushing herself up and down on him as he roughly pushed into her. She cried loudly when she felt him rub against her g-spot and he immediately slapped a hand over her mouth again to shut off the cries.
He grinned to himself as he felt her muscles clench around him.

He continued to push into her relishing the feel over her body as he slid in and out and he ran his hand up and down her silky back watching the muscles quaver under his touch. She was bent at the waist now clinging to the tree as he kept up the fast pace. And she could feel her self getting dizzy.
“Oh god….baby im gunna cum.” Spike grunted from behind her.

Her eyes widened and she gasped and clawed at his hand. He released her mouth and frowned down at her back. What was the matter? was he hurting her?

He stopped thrusting immediately though it felt like torture doing so. He was so close and he so needed it.
“Don’t cum in me. I haven’t got the pill.” Buffy whimpered.
Spike nodded dumbly and pushed back in desperate to finish. He felt his balls clench and he pulled out rubbing her clit roughly. He heard her moan his name before collapsing to her knees in front of him and before he could control it he came all over her back.

Minutes passed in silence except for the heavy breathing of them both as they both came back down from the climaxes. Spike knelt down behind her panting heavily.
“Im sorry Buffy. I didn’t mean too…” Spike trailed off not knowing what to say.

He looked down at the ground sheepishly and when he looked back she had turned around and was watching him with an unreadable expression on her face.
“It’s okay. Doesn’t matter. I just need a towel and some clothes.” She asked him.

“Of course luv. I’ll go get some.” Spike smiled eager to go do something for her. As he walked away he heard her whisper after him.

“And don’t call me luv.”
Chapter 6 by Kirst
Author's Notes:
*warning* some angst
Chapter 6

When he returned she was still kneeling there staring blankly at the tree they had just fucked against and he suddenly felt really ashamed of himself. He should never have acted that wildly, but at the same time he felt like throttling the stupid bint. Why did she keep pushing him away?

“Here.” He said handing her the towel which she patted her back down with. She soon pulled the jeans he had brought on and before she had even pulled the top fully over her head she had began to walk away.

“What is wrong with you?” Spike yelled angrily.
“What are you talking about?” Buffy asked sadly knowing full well what he was angry at.

“One minute your hot the next your cold that’s what im talking about Buffy. I catch you sometimes you know….looking at me, then other times you just frown and look the other way. Same goes for everyone else who survived that damn plane Buffy. You may as well ignore everyone! Your not gunna make friends like that Buffy!” he growled angrily.
“Well maybe I don’t want friends.” Buffy snapped back finally letting her anger seep through.

“Why the hell not!? You can’t go on living like this Buffy! Especially here! You can’t get away from these people. Chances are your going to be living with these people for a very long time so you’d better open up a bit more.” Spike growled.

“Open up a bit more? I just let you fuck me against a fucking tree! I don’t think it gets much more open than that!” Buffy spat angrily. She was hurting and when she hurt her natural response was to lash out but it was the only way she had learned to look after herself.
“That’s not openness Buffy. Sure we had a good ole shag but you don’t let me near you! What if I said I wanted to get to know you? Instead of me wanting you to want me what if I said I wanted you to like me?” Spike sighed his anger finally running out.

“I don’t like people Spike, and I sure as hell couldn’t like you.” Buffy spat instantly regretting her words when she saw the wounded look flash across his face.
“You don’t mean that.” Spike said sadly a touch of desperation tainting his voice.

“Yes I do. You think me spreading my legs for you is me welcoming you into my life. I don’t want you. I don’t like you and I definitely don’t need you. You’re beneath me” Buffy snapped at him. How she managed to keep the hateful tone in her voice and the look of disgust on her face she didn’t know. That’s all she wanted to do was hug him close and wipe away the tears she saw rolling down his face.

“You’re a bitch.” Spike said shaking his head in disbelief.
“Yeah and you’re a stupid idiot who thinks he has a chance with me.” She snapped back coldly.
“Well obviously I have a chance! I just had sex with you didn’t I?” Spike said angrily but his voice betrayed his humiliation and sadness at her cruel rejection.

“Oh please Spike you fucking idiot! A fucking dildo would have been better than you the only reason I let you near me was because you just scream pathetic.” Buffy replied cruelly. She had heard the sadness in his voice and she felt so guilty for saying these things but she just couldn’t stop. If This was her only way of keeping him at a distance then she’d do it.

Spike clenched his jaw and looked away not able to even stand the sight of her. Oh how badly he had read her. He would never have suspected she’d be this much of a monster not even Drusilla had made him feel this low. Spike stormed off in the other direction without another word. Buffy waited until she knew he had left her alone before she completely broke down.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
When Buffy finally made it back to camp it was dark out. She had been wandering the jungle for ages and she would have carried on if it hadn’t of gotten so cold. She stared at the group of people huddled around the raging fire all laughing and talking amongst themselves. Three weeks ago they were complete strangers. They wouldn’t even have looked at each other on the street and yet here they were. Friends.

Buffy sighed sadly to herself. She couldn’t even make out who was who from where she was standing and yet she still felt a sadness fill her. She was getting jealous of people sitting and talking. How pathetic was she.

She held her head up high and strode over to the group hiding her true feelings behind a mask. When she neared she could finally make out who was who and a vice like grip clenched on her heart when she saw Spike sitting next to that Cordelia girl chuckling like he didn’t have a care in the world and a spark lit in his eye.
He glanced at her for a brief moment before looking back at the striking brunette who was practically drooling on him.
I really screwed all this up.

Buffy sat down heavily on the ground next to Oz and stared mournfully into the fire. No one even bothered to ask where she had been. That’s how much of a cold bitch she was they had got so used to her one syllable answers and her secrecy that they didn’t even bat an eyelid when she disappeared into the jungle for about 6 hours. Buffy was about to give up on trying the whole bonding thing and going to bed when Oz, the guy next to her give her a little smile.

“hey.” He nodded at her.
“Hi.” She replied simply looking down at her shoe nervously.
“Nice to see you’re back.” He smiled at her handing her one of the planes plastic little food trays with a bit of fish and a slice of melon on it.
“Thanks.” She smiled back at him feeling a little bit better now.

“So…how do you like the island?” Tara asked jokingly.
Buffy looked up at the dirty blonde and grinned. She liked this girl. She seemed to know exactly what was going on at all times and Buffy liked people like that. Who were aware of the world.
“I love it. Very spacious.” Buffy laughed. She stopped suddenly however when she noticed everyone was staring at her except Spike.

“What?” She asked nervously rubbing at her face thinking that she had something on it.
“You laughed.” Willow gasped as if it was a miracle.
“Yeah so.” Buffy replied a little self consciously.
“Sorry just haven’t heard you talk much since you got here and your usually really serious. Surprised me is all you see and im babbling right now so im gunna shut up right now and am I the single most idiotic person alive.” Willow gasped for air by the end of it and everyone erupted in laughter including a grinning Buffy.

Hmm this aint so bad.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Four weeks:

A month. One whole month. Buffy stared out into the ocean in wonder. They hadn’t seen one plane. One boat. Nothing. How can there possibly be no one looking for them.
“Doesn’t seem promising does it?” Giles sighed from behind her.

“Nah doesn’t look like.” Buffy replied shaking her head sadly and heading up the beach to where Willow, Oz and Spike sat. She gulped when she saw Cordelia begin to walk over to them too but she couldn’t just walk the other way so she sat down anyway.
“Hey guys.” Buffy smiled at everyone getting one back from all except Spike.

Her smile dimmed a little and faded completely when Cordelia came and sat next to him.
“Hey!” She greeted him brightly throwing her arms around him tightly.
Buffy was so upset watching Cordelia throw herself all over Spike she didn’t even notice Oz and Willow study her before giving each other looks.

“Hey Cordy.” Spike replied a little strained.
“You wanna go for a swim?” Cordelia asked flashing her pearly whites at him.
“Maybe later.” Spike suggested.

“No no none of that come on now.” Cordelia laughed pulling him to his feet and pulling him into the ocean with her.
Spike and Cordelia seemed to have gotten a little too close for Buffy’s tastes and she kept getting a lump in her throat every time she thought about them which unsettled her a lot.
“So Cordelia and Spike seem close.” Willow stated the obvious searching Buffy’s face for a reaction.

“Yeah…I guess.” Buffy gulped blinking away the burning in her eyes. Something that was not missed by Willow.
“What’s the matter? You don’t sound happy by that?” Willow prodded.

“What? No im fine. Just you know. She’s engaged. Bit skanky if you ask me.” Buffy bitched turning to watch as Cordelia and Spike swam in circles around each other.
“Okay enough lying what happened?!” Willow gave up trying to be subtle which earned her a little reprimanding look form Oz.

“what? Oh come on she would have never told us otherwise!” Willow justified herself giving Oz her resolved face to which he immediately surrendered.
“What are you talking about?” Buffy asked a little nervously.
“Oh come on Buffy we aren’t blind! You slept right next to him your first night then again on the second and I know something’s happened because you guys have been avoiding each other for ages!” Willow said crossing her arms stubbornly obviously set on not letting Buffy get out on this one.

“Nothing happened.” Buffy replied.
Willow and Oz both give her dubious looks however and she knew she had to come up with something.
“Okay fine we had an argument but we haven’t done anything together!” Buffy scoffed acting as if that was the least likely thing to ever happen.
“Really?” Willow asked a little sceptic still.

“Yes I swear. He told me I was a bitch and I needed to start getting with the whole group bonding thing…and…well I said a few things I shouldn’t have. Really terrible things.” Buffy sighed playing with her nails.
“Talk to him, apologise.” Oz suggested.

“Yeah I know…just got to get him alone.” Buffy sighed once again her eyes drawn to the sea where Spike and Cordelia were messing around. They truly did make a striking couple.

Damn it.

*****************************************************

2 Days later Spike was walking through the jungle after going for a swim in the little lake and waterfall and was dragging his feet wanting to do anything but go back to the beach and back to a clingy Cordelia. He had told the woman time and time again he wasn’t interested but she never seemed to listen.

“Spike.” He tensed when he heard her deceptively sweet voice call his name timidly.
He turned around to see her standing there shifting her feet and fiddling with fingers.
She looked downright terrified.
“I'm sorry Spike. I wanted to say im sorry for the way I acted and I am trying to...be better.” Buffy managed to speak with very little stuttering which was a plus.

“Is that all?” Spike drawled slowly acting completely indifferent. Buffy furrowed her brow and looked down at her feet in disappointment.
“Well yeah…are you still angry with me?” Buffy asked quietly.
“No.” Spike shrugged.
“Yes you are! Spike tell me what I can do. Im sorry I shouldn’t have said those things they were terrible I know that! Please don’t ignore me” She said sadly her eyes filling with tears
“Well now you know how it feels. At least I haven’t fucked you and then ignored you.” He sniped angrily earning a flinch from Buffy.

“Yeah okay I deserved that but I swear Spike im changing. You’ve seen me! I talk to the group all the time now!” Buffy tried, moving closer to him.

“Oh good for you! You spoke to them! How kind!” Spike snapped. His frustration at being stuck on the island, his confused emotions for Buffy, and his anger for what she had said to him and his annoyance at Cordelia all suddenly become too much and he knew he was going to take it all out on the tiny slip of a woman in front of him.

“You know I don’t think of them, like that! Im learning I really am I spend a lot of time with them now.” Buffy attempted.

“So what Buffy! You still don’t let them in! That’s all you do is joke around be sarcastic. You don’t open your damn self up and you won’t admit what was wrong in the fucking first place. You’re a cold fucking bitch. I don’t know how you got to be this way but you always will be. Good luck living on your own for the rest of your sad life.” He snarled moving out of her way. She scooted left however and blocked him in.

“No we have to talk about this! I swear I didn’t mean what is said! Your not beneath me Spike im beneath you….I swear I-”
The roar that tore from Spike made her jump and she flinched as he suddenly grabbed her by her shoulders pulling her face into his smashing his lips forcibly to his.

He kissed her harshly sucking and biting at her lips until he could even taste her blood in his mouth. She whimpered against him and wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him closer. He pushed her away suddenly and she lost her balance falling onto her ass with a loud thud. She looked up at him pleadingly, begging him to understand how sorry she was. He didn’t notice however and he launched himself on top of her.

Kissing along her neck and sucking on her pulse point. Buffy bucked beneath him grinding her core into his knee and gasping at the bolt of electric that struck her. It felt like she was on fire. A loud ripping accompanied the tearing of her shirt as he ripped it from her. She gasped into his mouth as his fingers played over her nipples, rolling them between his fingers and finally taking one into his mouth.

He bit on it rather savagely and Buffy bit back the cry of pain she felt from it. She felt him pull away and looked up to see him unbuckling his belt and pulling his dick out. She stared up into his eyes to see if she could see any forgiveness in them at all but that’s all she could see was a dark lust filled look that actually frightened her.

He moved up her body until he was straddling her chest and she looked at his member knowing what he wanted before he even opened her mouth. She opened it wide and held back her gag reflex as he pushed half of himself into her mouth.

She sucked and licked eagerly on him, wanting to please him so much. She just wanted him to say he forgive her. She had never asked for anyone’s forgiveness before and it made her wonder just how much Spike meant to her. She couldn’t think too long however as Spike picked up his pace and was soon burying his entire length down her throat. The entire nine inches disappeared down her throat and she swallowed around him taken by surprise as he came in her mouth a loud groan leaving him.

He pulled out of her mouth and she was surprised to see he was still hard. He looked down at her with an almost animalistic look in his eyes and he ripped open the button of her jeans and pushing her legs apart so her knees were parallel with the floor. She gasped as he slid smoothly into her. His body kept connecting with her clit and she was soon on the edge of release.

“Spike…oh god Spike...please!” She cried desperately into his neck leaving soft kisses up and down his neck.
She felt him moan into her ear and was relieved when he finally let go of her thighs letting her wrap them around his back tightly. They continued on for what felt like hours moving together perfectly. She suddenly felt his hand travel down and he pinched her clit obviously intending to send her into orgasm and just as the first wave of pleasure crested over her he shot his seed over her stomach.

Buffy however was lost completely. She didn’t notice his spunk dripping down her stomach or the waves of pleasure that was slowly rolling through her. That’s all she could think about was the one word she had heard Spike grunt in her ear just before he came.

Cordelia.
Chapter 7 by Kirst
Chapter 7:

They lay there for a moment. Spike lay draped over her while she laid beneath him her legs still not unlocked from around his waist. Both tense for two different reasons. Spike for wanting to know how she would react for him calling out Cordy’s name and her trying to come to terms with him calling out the other woman’s name.

He didn’t look at her as he untangled himself from her body and began to do up his jeans and she turned away as she pulled her jeans back up and attempted to hold the torn shreds of her shirt together. She had yet to even look at him. She knew if she did she might cry and that was the last thing she wanted to happen.

She had let it happen again. She had let people in again and what did she get. Pain. Like she always did. She had learnt at the tender age of 15 that she shouldn’t trust people and she meets Spike and all that gets blown to hell. He actually made her believe she could trust people again and now she felt like her insides had been torn apart.

“You still want my forgiveness?” Spike spoke quietly his voice devoid of emotion. He still felt angry and hurt by what she had said to him before and her treatment of him but he couldn’t help feel the guilt that overwhelmed him. He could tell he had hurt her badly but he was determined not to care.
She finally looked up at him with those beautiful hazel eyes and he almost cried himself at the tears that were brimming there.

“Im sorry. I really am. I didn’t mean to say those things but…I guess you really won’t forgive me. I… I wish…Cordelia huh?.” She choked out through the tears that were clogging her throat.
“Yes Cordelia.” He said twisting the knife in that little bit further.

He saw her nod her head in acceptance before she turned stumbling back into the trees to the right. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath fighting off the need to go find her and apologise. He couldn’t bring himself to leave for over ten minutes and when he finally got to the beach and saw Buffy’s shelter with her t-shirt hanging on a line outside he almost broke down completely.


Buffy in the meanwhile stumbled through the jungle blindly. Her eyes were filled with tears and were too blurry to see anything so she just hoped for the best and kept on stumbling through just needing to get away…anywhere. She just needed to be away from the pain. Again she felt like she had no escape and she gasped for breath.

How had this happened!
She loved Spike! Spike! She had only know him a month!
7 years of not letting anyone close to me. Not letting my walls down and then Spike manages to bulldoze them all in a matter of weeks.

He’s with Cordelia.

The thought of him and her together. Kissing, moaning, the look of wonder in his eye when he slowly…

No no no! She held her hands to her head trying to get rid of the images tormenting her brain. She had never felt more devastated in her life and she fully realised what she had done to him. Sure she had only thought of him when he had sex with her but she used him as an escape to get away and so did he. He used her to get away to pretend he was with Cordelia.

She let out a pain filled sob and didn’t even notice the log blocking the way in front of her. She stumbled forward and spotted it too late. Her ankle twisted as she stumbled over it and she fell sideward’s. Instead of landing painfully on the ground however she felt her stomach roll as she fell sideways onto a steep embankment.

She tried to grab onto a branch sticking out of the side but she was so disoriented from the tears she missed and fell, landing at least 10 feet below into a gully. Her head hit a stone with a sickening thud and the world went blissfully black.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Spike awoke to the sound of panicked voices outside. He had gone to bed early complaining of a headache and he had just laid there as the full force of what he had done came to him. He had acted like a bloody bastard. There was no need for him to be so rough with her and there was no need to bloody bring Cordelia into it! As if he could have ever thought of her when he was with Buffy.

They were incomparable and he could only image how she must be feeling right now, cause if she had moaned Angels name while he had been with her he would have probably tried to drown himself. The voices outside got louder and he frowned to himself.

“What’s going on?” Spike asked as he stepped out of his shelter too see everyone standing around looking slightly panicked.
“Oh Spike!” Cordelia cried throwing herself into his arms. He rolled his eyes and pushed her away.
“Enough! God I’ve told you stay away from me!” he grumbled. Pulling a clean t-shirt on and moving away from the infuriating brunette.

“Spike have you seen Buffy?” Tara asked worriedly.
Spike gulped and his eyes went wide at the question.
Why are they asking me that? What’s happened?
“No not since yesterday why?” Spike asked cautiously.
“She didn’t come back to camp last night.” Wesley informed him watching as the colour drained completely from Spike’s face.

“What the hell do you mean she didn’t come back!? Why didn’t anyone go look for her!?” Spike bellowed his panic was making him angry and he pulled his boots on quickly.
“Well she used to stay out in the jungle till late before and we just assumed she had decided to stay up for a bit…we fell asleep and when we woke up…” Wesley trailed off.


Spike didn’t wait for anything else and took off running into the jungle, with everyone except Cordelia trailing behind.
“Wait we need to organise this.” Giles gasped out.
“There’s not enough time! What if she’s hurt?” Spike cried out. A soft hand rested on his shoulder and he turned to see Tara looking at him calmly. He could see the worry in her eyes too but she was reassuring all the same.

“Okay groups! Spike Xander, Tara and Willow. you go that way! Fred Gunn, Anya and Riley go that way. Wesley Angel, Oz and I will go this way. Go!” Giles ordered and everyone scattered out in their groups.

Almost two hours later Willow and Tara sat on top of a log gasping for breath while Xander stood next to them nursing a stitch. Spike was not to far away shouting.
“Buffy! Buffy! Are you there!?” Spike shouted hoarsely. Two hour of shouting had strained his voice and he swigged from his bottle of water. It was so damn hot.

“Guys what are we gunna do?” Xander asked worriedly watching as a frantic Spike run too and fro.
“I don’t know. If we don’t find her tonight…” Willow trailed off not wanting to think about it.
“There’s no way Spike’s gunna stop till we find her.” Tara sighed standing up once again and on sore feet she began walking again.

6 hours later:

“Spike you need to stop.” Tara tried to reason with him pushing him down onto a rock and pushing a bottle into his mouth. He took it gratefully as he tried to keep his eyes open.
“Spike we have to go back to camp…everyone’s waiting for us.” Tara tried to convince him. Xander and Willow had gone back ages ago for rest and Tara was desperately trying to convince Spike.

“No…not leaving…her.” Spike croaked out.
“Spike we have walked around this island over a dozen times. The other groups have also searched over a dozen times. If we haven’t found her yet we aren’t going to find her today.” Tara reasoned.
“And if…we don’t find…her today…she’ll…” Spike trailed off as tears poured down his face and he cried into Tara’s shoulder.

“Shhh come on Spike. We can try tomorrow. Maybe she just wants to hide away for a bit. You know how she likes her alone time. Maybe she doesn’t want to be found.” Tara smiled reassuringly.
“Or maybe she’s dead.” Spike finished blankly draining his water bottle and trudging back to the beach his shoulders slumped. And a defeated air about him.

“Do you think she’s still alive?” Xander asked nervously as they all sat around the camp fire. They were all too edgy to sleep except for Spike who had fallen into an exhausted sleep almost an hour ago.
“She has to be.” Willow cried.

“Fred what are the chances of her surviving?” Angel asked.
“Depends on what’s happened to her. I mean…if some sort of animal…got her…I mean…I’d doubt she’ll be…alive and even if she was…with the supplies we have…I wouldn’t be able to do much. If she’s hurt herself then…well she’s been missing since around 5’oclock yesterday. That’s 26 hours ago. The nights are freezing without any blankets and the days are boiling and with no water….” Fred trailed off stating just how grim the outlook was.

“Not the bad side. On the good side. What are the chances?” Tara asked.
Fred shrugged and looked at her boyfriend for comfort. Gunn immediately locked his arms around her in a show of support and kissed her head softly.
“We have to find her before tomorrow night. I…I thinks that’s the limit…” Fred sighed. A morbid silence filled everyone as they all got lost in their own thoughts.
Chapter 8 by Kirst
Chapter 8:

Next morning.

“Spike what are you doing?” Tara yawned.
“Going to look for Buffy.” Spike answered.
“Its still dark Spike.” Tara sighed.
“Yeah and im not wasting anymore time sleeping when she could be out there dead. 33 hours Tara she’s been gone bloody 33 hours.” Spike ground his teeth together and made his way to the jungle not having to turn around to know that Tara, Oz and Xander were following him.


“She’s gone isn’t she?” Spike said quietly.
Oz, Xander and Tara all turned to look at the slumped and defeated figure of their friend sitting on a log just behind them. They all looked at each other and didn’t say anything. They all knew what the chances were.
“I…I did a terrible thing. Just before she went missing…oh god what if she died thinking I hated her!” Spike sobbed, all his emotions finally breaking and he broke down completely, bone shaking sobs tearing from his throat as Oz and Xander looked on in pity and Tara tried to stop him crying.

It took almost half hour for him to stop and when he did they could all see the change in him. He was broken. The fire that had been present in his eyes even when searching for Buffy was gone and Tara looked to the boys for help but neither knew what to do. They all fell into silence not knowing what to say.

This was when Spike heard it. A tiny little noise. No louder than a leaf cracking but he heard it. A soft whimpering sound. He stood up suddenly, staring around wildly. The guys all looked at him as if he’d gone mad. He had been slumped and almost dead looking one minute to up and alert the next.

“Spike are you-”

“Shhh!” Spike admonished. Moving slightly forward and to the left. He saw the embankment end suddenly and knew it must have been a gully or possibly a river. He didn’t hear running water however and he moved ever closer down the embankment.
“Spike be careful you might fall. What are you doing?” Xander asked honestly believing Spike had gone out of his mind. Spike laid down on the embankment and looked over the edge of where the earth ended and his breath caught in his throat.

Buffy!

“Guys! I found her she’s here!!” Spike cried in happiness. The other three quickly scrambled over and stared down at the broken body of the girl lying on the stone bottom. They shared a look and looked up at Spike whose eyes were lit up like Christmas day.
“Okay let’s go find a way around into it.” Tara said pushing up and beginning to move around the edges of the gully. Oz and Xander followed not paying attention to Spike who was preparing to jump down into it.

“Spike no!” Tara gasped when she saw him about to jump.
“Tara please it’s only about 10 feet! I’ll be fine.” He said before jumping down the side. He landed on his feet but lost his footing landing on his ass painfully. He ignored the pain however and scrambled over to where Buffy lay. Her left leg seemed to be twisted the wrong way and she was deathly pale, but Spike ignored that thankful that he had finally found her. She had cuts and bruises all over her and the puddle of blood that surrounded her head made Spike turn away and retch up the contents of his empty stomach.

He turned back quickly however and felt for a pulse.
Its there she’s alive!

He laughed with happiness and carefully lifted her head to lay it in his lap. He stroked her knotted and blood soaked hair gently waiting for the others to turn up to help him carry her.

“Buffy luv im so sorry so, so sorry….oh god everything’s gunna be okay now. God Buffy I love you… I really do I love…im so sorry for what I did so so sorry.” Spike cried softly not noticing Buffy’s eyes flutter open. When he did his widened in response and he smiled at her.
“Hey there cutie.” He grinned.
Her eyes were glazed and unfocused and he realised she probably couldn’t tell who he was.

“d…da…dad” She rasped out quietly. Spike barley heard her and he was right next to her mouth.
“No pet. Im not your dad. Spike. Remember Spike?” Spike tried holding up his water and pouring a few drops into her mouth which she gulped down eagerly. He knew enough not to give someone too much water at one time he just didn’t know what else to do. She stared up at him with those pain filled and dazed eyes as if trying to figure out the bloody meaning of the universe and he felt a wave of guilt flood him.

“Im so sorry sweetheart. I shouldn’t have done what I did im so sorry baby so sorry.” He sobbed placing butterfly light kisses all over he cheeks and forehead. When he pulled back he saw an understanding in her eyes as she looked into his shiny blue ones.
“Spi…Spike?” Buffy asked awe tingeing her voice making Spike cry harder.
Before Spike could even reply the others were all crowding around her.

“Spike quick we need to get her to Fred she’ll know what to do.” Tara gasped hurriedly her hands fluttering carefully all over Buffy’s body as if to check she was really there.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Fred and Giles were the only two on the beach when Spike, Tara and Oz returned with Buffy and they both ran forward in shock at seeing the tiny bundle in Spike’s arms.
“She’s hurt.” Spike said dumbly carrying her to a bed that Tara had made out of the foam from the insides of a chair from the plane.

“Okay stand back guys I need to see her properly without everyone crowding.” Fred said seriously bending over Buffy not paying any attention to the group standing behind her. Spike watched in worried frustration as Fred checked Buffy’s neck for her pulse and seemed to check over every inch of her body. She seemed to pay extra attention to Buffy’s head and she shone one of the torches Giles had found into Buffy’s eyes.

“Okay Giles I need you here for a second. Oz find me two lengths of wood about the same size and get me some rope or vines or something.” Fred spoke quickly and Oz immediately took off into the jungle returning quickly with the two sticks he had found.
“Okay Giles I need you to hold Buffy down by the shoulders okay?” Fred requested taking hold of Buffy’s foot and raising it slightly.

“What are you doing?!” Spike asked frantically.
“This leg is broken pretty bad I need to put it back into shape. Don’t worry Spike im not gunna let anything happen to her.” Fred smiled at him encouragingly turning back and seeing Giles already positioned.

“Okay…one two three.” She yanked Buffy’s leg up and out slightly, the loud crunch of the bone shifting and the scream that tore from Buffy’s mouth had everyone wincing and Spike almost fainted.
“You’re hurting her!” Spike bellowed at her but was stopped from moving forward by Tara and Oz.

“Spike im trying the best I can okay! Im not a fully trained doctor you know.” Fred said sternly while placing the two make shift splints onto Buffy’s leg and tying them to her. She rolled up the jeans on her leg and winced sympathetically at the gaping wound in her calf where the bone had broken through the skin. She dabbed some antiseptic on it and wrapped it in a white scrap of t-shirt she had ripped up as bandages.

“Spike do you know how much blood she’s lost?” Fred asked.
“No. I mean urm…there was a little pool of it…from her head.” Spike informed her trying desperately to be helpful. Fred moved to the back of Buffy’s head again and studied the cut intently. She didn’t think she had lost that much blood really, there was a small gash but nothing major. What did bother her however was what damage may have been done to her brain.

“Has she spoken at all?” Fred asked.
“Yeah she called me dad at first but then she called me my name.” Spike spoke with a touch of desperation in his voice. He was pacing now his mind going insane with worry.
“Come on Spike lets go over here.” Tara eased him over to sit around the dormant for the moment camp fire. Spike sat down numbly and buried his face in his hands.
“Don’t worry Spike. Fred will tell us when she’s finished okay. She just needs space.” Tara sighed rubbing her hand on his shoulder.

“Hey guys what’s up?” Cordelia beamed as her Wesley, Riley, Angel and Gunn came out of the jungle followed by a very bored looking Anya.
Tara sighed before launching into the whole story while Spike sat still as a statue lost completely in his thoughts
Chapter 9 by Kirst
Fred emerged from inside the hut looking strained and Spike focused on a small patch of blood she had on her hand, watching in horrified fascination as she swept a stray piece of hair behind her ear causing a red streak to smudge across her face.

“How is she Fred?” Anya asked surprising everyone with the worry in her voice. She usually was just blunt and indifferent but she actually looked as if she cared for once.
“She’s okay for now I think. I set her leg and cleaned the wound I just have to keep it clean but it should be fine. I cleaned the cut on the back of her head too…I don’t know how bad that actually is though until she wakes up. She’ll probably have a minor concussion we’ll have to wait and see.” Fred sighed.

“She’s really dehydrated too. She’s lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time and we’re gunna have to keep giving her water regularly but slowly. She might have a few cuts and bruises but they’re all minor.” Fred informed them all looking from one sombre face to another.
“Is she awake?” Spike asked.

“No…I think she’s going to be out for awhile I gave her a pretty strong sedative and some antibiotics for the pain she probably wont wake up till tomorrow and even then she’ll be so muddled from the heat, the head, the drugs and the dehydration she probably wont even remember her name properly.”
“Where’d you get a sedative from?” Anya asked in confusion.
“Someone had them in their suitcase.” Fred shrugged sitting down next to Gunn and closing her eyes enjoying the comfort he gave her in a simple hug.

“I’ll watch over her tonight.” Angel offered.
“No I’ll do it.” Spike answered instantly almost out of his seat to go to Buffy.
“No Spike you won’t help. You’re exhausted you need your rest almost as much as she does.” Willow encouraged him to sit back down gently nodding to Angel and he stood up walking into the hut where Buffy lay asleep.
“I want to be with her.” Spike whined.

“And you can in the morning now come on.” Willow eased him up and led him into another shelter watching over him until he fell into a much needed sleep. Which didn’t take long.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Spike lay perfectly still staring into the wood grain to his side. Everything was dead silent outside and the sun was no where near rising yet but still Spike was wide awake. When he had woken up he had immediately run outside to see Buffy but was surprised to see that it was still pitch black. He had stared at the hut which he knew Buffy was in for a long minute before trudging back into his shelter and rolling his eyes at Xander and Willow who were wrapped tightly around each other.

Its official im fucking nuts.

Spike had prided himself on always being rather strong but now…
Buffy had some how wormed her way in and it truly scared him. Spike was an all or nothing guy, he had only ever cared for two women in his life but when he fell he fell hard. The last few years Spike had hardened. Ever since Drusilla the meaning of his entire existence had decided to fuck around with every guy she laid eyes on he had hardened. He’d become some sort of man slut which he had always sworn to never be but Drusilla had crushed all respect he had for women…or so he thought.

And in comes Buffy. She captivated him. She made him want to go back to being the devoted wimp he had been before. Made him feel things he had never even thought he would feel again and he had only known her a month! She was the most secretive, untrusting, messed up and confused woman he had ever met…but when he looked at her he saw perfection.

She made him want to know everything about her. He wanted to know Why she didn’t trust people, why she liked to be alone all the damn time, why she pushes everyone away and the thought that he may never know the answers terrified him.

He groaned loudly and buried his face into his hands.

Bloody hell.


“Hey.”
Angel jumped up startled by the softly spoken word. He stared at Spike in surprise and confusion for a second before realising he had fallen asleep.
“Hey, she hasn’t woken up yet.” Angel yawned rubbing his bloodshot eyes.

“Okay you can go now mate. Get some sleep.” Spike nodded moving closer to Buffy not looking at Angel as he left the tent. He knelt down next to Buffy brushing a stray strand of hair out of her face. Even with black bags under her eyes and a deathly pale face Spike had never seen a more beautiful woman.

“Buffy…sweetie I’m so sorry.” Spike whimpered in her ear already feeling the tears well in his eyes.
“I should never have treated you like that no matter how much of a bitch you treated me.” Spike let out a strained laugh. He continued to stroke her hair softly and gave in to the fight of trying to keep his tired eyes open; he rested his head onto Buffy’s stomach and drifted off with his hand still tangled in her hair.

“rghs” Spike mumbled unintelligibly as a hand pushed at his shoulder. Not until he heard the voice whisper Spike did he realise where he was and his eyes shot open meeting the luminous hazel eyes staring back at him.
“Buffy!?” he smiled in relief grabbing a hold of a trembling hand and pressing a kiss to the back of it causing Buffy to smile weakly.

“What happened?” She whimpered out raising a hand to her painful throat. Spike immediately held a bottle of water to her lips and tipped a little into her mouth.
“You must have fallen down the embankment fell into a gully and knocked your head.” Spike informed her.
“How long was I…”

“37 hours around about.” Spike interrupted straight away staring down at her with sad eyes.
“I thought I’d lost you.” Spike choked out running a hand down her cheek and smiling softly when she closed her eyes and turned into the contact.
“No…im still here.” Buffy joked lamely staring at anything but Spike.

He doesn’t like you Buffy he hates you remember that.

Spike frowned when she looked away form him and he sat back on his haunches removing all contact from her.
“I'm sorry you know.” Spike said almost a minute later.
Buffy turned her head back to look at him with a confused look on her face.
“Sorry for what?”
“About what I said before you ran off…for what I did…Buffy I-”

“Spike please. I know okay. I get it its okay you’re sorry.” Buffy gulped determined not to let her emotions show too much.
“No Buffy seriously I don’t think you unders-”

“Spike please I don’t want to know about it okay…can you go get Fred please?” She asked pleadingly. Spike nodded and exited the tent. The next person to walk through the entrance was a smiling Fred. Buffy was both relieved and disappointed that Spike didn’t follow behind.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Almost a week later and Buffy was back to nearly full health. Apart from her leg she felt brilliant and she was very happy to be out with the group again. A niggling part of her brain however wouldn’t let her forget the part where whenever she saw Spike he either paid no attention to her or very little. Although she did understand. He was with Cordelia. So there was no need for him to talk to her really.

Which was why she was surprised to see Spike trudging up the beach towards her. The group had all gone out on an expedition, they all wanted to go swimming by the waterfall she and Spike had found and with reassurances that she would be fine they had left no more than ten minutes ago.

“Hey.” Spike greeted awkwardly.
“Hey too you to.” Buffy smiled at him.
“Where is everyone?” Spike asked looking around as if hoping they would all appear.
“They went swimming almost ten minutes ago.”

Spike stood there indecisively. On one hand he didn’t want to spend alone time with Buffy. She had the ability to crush his heart and that’s all he needed. On the other hand however he couldn’t just leave her here alone.
“You wanna sit?” Buffy asked patting the place next to her which Spike immediately sat in.
“Does it hurt? Your leg?” Spike asked nervously trying anything to start the conversation up.
“No not anymore really. Aches sometimes or when I bang it.” Buffy responded.

They lapsed into silence for a bit that wasn’t exactly the most comfortable of situations and they both desperately tried to avoid eye contact with one another.
“I woke up didn’t I? When you found me? I remember your face hovering over me.” Buffy gave him a thankful look and smiled when she saw the embarrassed flush appear on his checks. Boy does he not like being thanked for things.

“Yer you did pet. Called me dad too.” Spike chuckled but abruptly stopped when he saw Buffy’s face drain of colour and a look of dread settle on her face.
“What is it?” Spike asked worriedly.
“Nothing…nothing just…did I say anything else?” She asked nervously chewing on her bottom lip delicately.
“No…” Spike trailed off waiting for her to explain but she didn’t she just sat there looking a tad relieved but he could still see the almost terror on her face.
“Buffy what’s the matter?” Spike questioned.

“Nothing. It doesn’t matter.” She shrugged.
“You’re always fucking doing that! You ignore things! It’s not wrong to show your emotions Buff! If you go through your life hiding away you’ll never fucking live!” Spike snarled his sudden anger shocking Buffy.
“Maybe I don’t like showing my emotions and at least I won’t get hurt this way.” She responded giving him an offended look.

“You won’t listen to me when I apologise for what I did the day you went missing. You wouldn’t talk to me after we had sex the first time and now I mention the fact you called me dad when you woke up and you look as if I bloody mentioned the damn devil and then you won’t explain why!” Spike growled giving up completely. He stood up and strode away angrily.

“Spike! Please! Wait!” Buffy shouted after him, he stopped and turned to look back at her. Buffy could see the anger in his eyes but she could also see the hurt and the confusion.

It’s about time I owe him an explanation.
Chapter 10 by Kirst
Author's Notes:
sorry if this chapter totaly sucks cause i really didnt have a clue where to go with this chapter :/
Chapter 10:

“Please Spike…just sit back down…I’ll…I’ll explain.” Buffy sighed. Watching wearily as Spike walked back over and sat back down this time opposite her.
She took a deep breath and stared into Spike’s eyes smiling at the interest that was clear for her to see.
She couldn’t believe she was preparing to tell him this.
“Spike…have you ever heard of Munchausen syndrome?” Buffy asked in a shaky voice.

“Urhh…yer it’s that thing when a parent lies about their kid being sick isn’t it?” Spike asked in confusion his brow furrowed as he saw the apprehension wash over her face.
Why the hell is she bringing this up?
Buffy saw the moment he started to fit things together and she would have laughed at the widening of his eyes if she hadn’t been talking about something that had haunted her for the last 6 years.
“My mom wasn’t a very nice person Spike…but my dad was worse. When I was 8 my mom decided she was sick of being a mom. She didn’t even say goodbye just…packed and left.” Buffy sighed fiddling with a stray piece of string next to her. She couldn’t bear to look up at Spike. She knew the look she would be receiving.

“My dad took the typical route and found his way straight to the bar. I can’t even remember him truly sober.He used to beat the hell out of me for stupid things...like if i left a sock on the floor or sometimes just for the sake of it...i was never aloowed friends either, he used to lock me in my room and not let me speak to other kids...guess that may be why im not good with the whole social thing…then one day my dad just changed. I remember waking up and he was smiling down at me. He carried me downstairs like a princess and made me this huge breakfast…he was my dad again you know…then he told me…he said it so calmly, that’s what I always remember…leukaemia.” Buffy whimpered out the last word and she heard Spike gasp slightly.

She looked up at him with blurry eyes and saw him about to move forward as if to hug her. She put her hands up to stop him and tried to give him a smile to reassure him she was okay.

“I didn’t know what it was…I was only about 12 but he told me it was very bad and that I would get sick…I had always hated getting sick and I got so frightened…I don’t remember how fast I got sick but it happened quickly…I was so tired I could barely get up in the mornings and was sick all the time, I stopped going to school and….one day my dad came in and…he shaved my hair off.” Buffy choked out the last part.

“I loved my hair so much he used to call me his golden angel and he shaved it off like it was nothing. I was terrified….being told I was going to die…I was only a kid…I didn’t want to die. From the ages of twelve too 15 I lived with only one thought Spike. Am I going to wake up in the morning? My mom had come back as soon as she had gotten the call from my dad. Not that she really cared about me it was more out of obligation. The local newspapers found out and the entire community rallied around holding fundraisers. If she hadn’t of come back she would have had to leave town completely.”

“People called me a survivor said I was so strong for lasting so long…a week before my fifteenth birthday I was woken up. My mom and dad were screaming at each other down stairs. That’s when I found out….” Buffy began to openly cry now. She had never told this to anyone. Not one person and now she was telling it all her still raw emotions just burst forth.

“Doctor Burke…the nice man who came to visit me every two weeks and who checked me over and helped give me my medicines…he was a guy my dad had met at a bar. The sickness I felt constantly was some sort of chemical my dad had been putting in my food…”

“God Buffy im so sorry” Spike said his voice full of emotion and his eyes were filled with unshed tears from listening to this obviously broken girl talk about such a terrible life.

“He did it to get my mom back…at least that was his original reason. He had just carried on when he realised all the money he was getting from it. My mom went nuts…not cause of what he did to me…because he had tricked her into coming back…I was a pawn. A stupid freaking pawn that they toyed with. I left that night. Put a baseball cap on packed a bag and left. Within three days of leaving home all my “symptoms” were gone. I felt…alive for the first time in as long as I could remember but I didn’t realise how bad the damage was…im not really alive Spike. How can I be living when I have no family…no friends…I don’t trust people Spike…your right. I keep them at a distance and im so sorry for doing it to you…you’re the first…you’re the first person I’ve ever…” Buffy couldn’t say any more and just sobbed uncontrollably.

Spike pulled her into his lap straightaway careful to not jostle her leg. She buried her face in his chest and let out 6 years worth of tears. It took almost ten minutes before she stopped and she pulled back embarrassed by her stupid display.
Jesus way to make yourself look pathetic.

“Buffy pet. There’s nothing to be ashamed of im so glad you told me…im so sorry luv…I’ve been an ass.” Spike apologised wiping the tears away from her face and feeling warmth spread through him when he felt her suck in a breath when his fingertips ran up and down her cheeks.

“I can’t believe a parent could have done something like that luv. Im so sorry and I wish I knew how I could take your pain away. No wonder you didn’t bloody trust anyone with parents like that!” Spike shook his head in disbelief.

“Thank you Spike…it felt good to finally talk about it with someone. Im glad it was you.” She smiled sweetly ducking her head trying to avoid his hypnotising stare. Sadly her eyes were drawn to his and she found herself unable to stop herself from leaning in. Their lips met in a soft sweet kiss and Buffy’s body sung from the feel of it.

The only types of kisses Buffy had shared were desperate, selfish kisses with the many men that had come and gone from her life and the needy, rough ones she had had with Spike but this topped them all.
She felt Spike hum in pleasure and she broke away leaning her forehead against his before pulling away completely and dragging herself out of his lap. Panic finally set in and she hastily tried to stand up to move away from him. He gave her a wounded look and reached out a hand but she moved back again.

“I'm sorry Spike. I shouldn’t have kissed you. I know you’re with Cordelia and im sorry. I…oh god.” She whimpered before hopping off into her shelter. Spike was up and about to follow her but the group picked that exact time to come bursting out of the jungle grinning and chattering away loudly.

Bollocks to this!

He stomped into Buffy’s make shift home and stared at her in disbelief.
“You seriously need to stop running away from me before I can explain myself!” Spike shouted not caring that the guys outside could easily hear every word he said Buffy on the other hand looked as if she was on the edge of hysteria.
“Okay we’ll talk tomorrow just please keep it down Spike not here.” She told.

“Fine we’ll go somewhere else.” Spike shrugged and swooped down. Buffy let out a girly yelp as he picked her up and carried her outside. He strode along the beach with her in his arms not even glancing at the eyes following them.

Buffy’s face was bright red and she was so relieved when he finally put her down a fair distance away from the camp. She was about to shout at him for doing what he did but Spike put a hand on her mouth, silencing her.

“Now you listen okay. Don’t ever say sorry for kissing me. Ever. I'm not with Cordelia. I swear I was making it all up to hurt you. Yeah that was an assholish thing to do but im sorry luv and you have to believe me nothing is going on between me and Cordelia…we’re friends at best.” Spike said pleadingly removing his hand from her mouth and instead holding her hand waiting for her to say something.
“You’re not with Cordelia?” Buffy asked a little dumbfounded.

“No.”

“Have you…” Buffy trailed off gulping back a lump in her throat unable to even finish the sentence.
“No Buffy. I swear there never has been and there never will be anything between Cordelia and me.” He smiled at her leaving a kiss on her hand as she burst out into the most brilliant smile he had ever seen.


“Ten Bucks says their having wild hot monkey sex right now.” Xander grinned earning a slap on the chest from Willow.
“Xander…she’s got a broken leg I seriously doubt it.” Willow scoffed.
“Yeah but have you seen those together. The way they look at each other screams sex I bet they’ll find a way.” Cordelia laughed.

“Looks like we’re gunna nave a third couple on this island. We should name it love island” Gunn laughed smiling at his girlfriend.
“I still think I’ve seen him someplace before.” Cordelia said adamantly. She still hadn’t let it go. She was certain she recognised him from somewhere…

“Look here they come.” Anya squealed excitedly while Giles just shook his head at the young people’s antics and went to go sit inside his shelter.
When Buffy and Spike neared the group they looked at each one of the expectant faces with suspicion.
“What?” Buffy asked.
“We were all betting on whether you too just had sex.” Wesley shrugged causing both Spike and Buffy to blush.
“You better not have…I went through hell looking after you that’s all I need is to have to deliver a baby.” Fred said sternly while the rest of the group including Buffy and Spike burst out laughing.


Later that night Spike sat staring into the fire with a goofy grin on his face. Buffy had gone to bed less than ten minutes ago with a whispered goodnight and a kiss on the cheek and he had been lost in dream world since. He had fallen hard. He already knew that and instead of the fear he thought he’d feel he was just unbelievably happy.

“Wow what did Buffy do to put that grin on your face?” Riley teased.
“Shut up Finn.” Spike sighed determined to not let the ape bother him.

“Seriously though are you and Buffy together now? Cause I would like to dish out some of the same teasing I got for being with Willow.” Xander laughed.
“Yeah…I think we are mate.” Spike grinned in response staring at Buffy’s little hut.

“Then why aren’t you in there with her.” Riley said sullenly annoyed at the Brit for his put down.
“Slowly.” Spike said simply before getting up dusting the sand off his jeans and strolling away ready to settle down for the night.
Chapter 11 by Kirst
Author's Notes:
I Know I dont answer reviews but i would like to say im very thankful for them all and wish i had time to respond but with work i can just about post the chapter so just to let all the reviewers thanks and everyone is appreciated
Chapter 11

The next week flew by and Buffy felt like she had a permanent smile on her face. She hadn’t been so happy in her entire life and every time she looked at Spike she felt herself melt. They had spent everyday together just sitting talking or messing around throwing sand at each other. Life seemed so simple. So calm.

She watched in amusement as Spike splashed about in the sea getting bowled over by a wave. When he resurfaced spluttering madly she couldn’t help but let out a bellowing laugh that Spike heard. He looked at her with a mock offended look but it soon changed to a devilish look and Buffy almost fainted as he walked slowly towards her out of the ocean.

His hair was longer than when they had crashed and fell in wavy curls. It was no longer platinum blonde either it was more of a sandy colour with platinum tips. The water dripping off his body made her ache and she couldn’t help but lick her dry lips at the sight of his well tanned and unbelievably perfect body walking towards her with his eyes lit up with mischief.

He reached her and she stopped breathing not sure what he was going to do and she was shocked when he shook his body spraying her with the cold water. She squealed and shielded her face but she squealed even louder when his cold hands began tickling her bare belly. Her girly giggling had Spike groaning and he stared down at her with hunger in his eyes. When she noticed, her laughing stopped at she looked up at him too, unable to tear her eyes way.

He leant in and captured her lips. They were so soft and warm and he groaned when she poked at his lips with her tongue seeking entrance. After losing themselves in the kiss they both broke apart panting. He stared into her dazed eyes and smiled before capturing her lips once again.

This was as far as their physical relationship had gone and Spike intended to make the most of it. He lowered his body even closer to hers until he was blanketing her and her body was pressed into the sand.
She trailed kisses down his jaw and nibbled on a spot just below his Adams apple that she knew was a weak spot of his.
“Oh god Buffy, Stop.” he groaned his eyes tightly shut. Buffy pulled away and looked at him confused by why he wanted her to stop.

“You feel too good pet.” Spike whispered kissing her forehead and rolling to the side.
“Oh.”
“I mean…we aint ready for anything more and…well lets just say you affect me.” Spike grinned earning a shy smile from Buffy.
“Spike…?”

“Yeah luv?” Spike sighed blissfully. He was laying on a tropical beach, the sun was shinning down on him and he had the woman of his dreams laying next to him.
Could life honestly get any better?
“Will you stay with me tonight?”

I guess it could!

His eyes snapped open and he turned to stare at her.
“What?” Spike asked in wonder.
“Well I mean…Angel, Cordelia and Wesley share one…Fred, Gunn and Riley are in one Anya Giles Tara and O manage to fit into one and your with Xander and Willow…but I got the biggest one and no one shares it…I thought Willow and Xander might like the privacy and well we…” She stammered out looking at Spike expectantly.
“Hell yes pet.” Spike grinned swooping down for another kiss.


“And then she shut the door not realising I was still out there! I spent the entire night running around the campus butt naked with reindeer antlers on my head.” Xander retold his story with a mortified look on his face while the group all rolled on the floor crying laughing imaging a naked Xander running about.

“Fuck mate you’re a brave man!” Spike chuckled into Buffy’s hair.
They had all sat around to have dinner which tonight was wild boar and Buffy had quickly found her way to Spike’s lap with his arms wrapped around her. She had never felt this…comforted ever and she closed her eyes, savouring the moment. Spike’s warm body cradled hers comfortably and the heat from the fire bathed her skin keeping her warm. She felt herself begin to drift off listening to the happy voices drifting around her.

“Pet you wanna go to sleep?” Spike whispered in her ear noticing her eyes dropping almost shut. She nodded still not opening her eyes. Spike smiled and stood up cradling her practically sleeping body carefully in his arms.
“We’re gunna bed see you in the morning.” Spike announced before walking off, disappearing into Buffy’s hut.

The group all shared knowing looks but didn’t say anything all just continuing to eat their food.

Spike stared down at the sleeping Buffy with a soft smile on his lips. In sleep she looked even more innocent and beautiful. His stomach rolled at the thought of what she had been put through and he knew if he had gone through the crap she had he would probably be even more of a wreck than she was. Not only would he not trust people he probably would have locked himself away where no one could find him.

He stroked a fingertip gently up and down her cheek caressing the softness of her skin. She moaned in her sleep and Spike’s smile turned into a full out beaming grin. He placed a gentle kiss to her lips before pulling her so she lay partially on top of him, cradled against his chest and promptly fell asleep dreaming of the beauty in his arms.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Buffy woke up snug and warm. She so didn’t want to open her eyes right now so instead she burrowed her face even deeper into Spikes chest earning a chuckle form him. It was then that Buffy remembered last night and pulled her face back to look into Spikes. Spike could see the surprise there but wasn’t afraid. She wasn’t gunna run away this time and if she did he’d bloody well chase her down.

“Morning luv.” Spike smiled at her.
“Morning.” Buffy smiled back but Spike could tell she was a little nervous.
“What’s the matter luv?” Spike asked in concern.

“Nothing…just…I like this.” She smiled gesturing between them and Spike laughed at how sweet she was when she blushed. He kissed her and pulled back again.
“Yer I like this too.”

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“What?” Buffy asked self consciously when she finally emerged from her hut and joined the five other girls who were sitting close to the waters edge. They all looked at her with smug looking grins on their faces and she rolled her eyes as Willow started whistling the wedding march.

“So…sleep well?” Fred smirked.
“I hope not! You should have had many orgasms.” Anya chimed in.
“Oooo we can have our own island wedding party!” Cordelia teased.

Buffy just shook her head and accepted all the teasing.
“Funny are we all finished now?” Buffy laughed as Anya faked a thoughtful look.

“Yeah we’re finished…how are things though? Are you two together now? Tara asked eagerly. Instead of getting her answer however the whole group shut up as they spotted Spike trotting over.
“Hey luv. Im gunna go get some fruit you want anything?” Spike asked Buffy.

“Nope im good thanks.” She smiled at him and blushing bright red when he kissed her on the lips before strolling off.
She looked back at the still silent group and sighed waiting for the next round of teasing to begin.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“Spike seriously! Where are you taking me?” Buffy whined trying desperately to see through the blind fold he had put over he eyes before leading her off.
“It’s a surprise.” Spike whispered in her ear causing a shiver to run down her spine.

Oh boy.

“Okay take it off.” Spike grinned.
Buffy ripped the blindfold off and stared at the sight before her. They were in a sort of clearing in the jungle. In front of her a blanket was laid out with plates piled high with fruit, fish and boar meat. A bottle of wine was sticking out of a bucket which Buffy assumed was filled with water and a crème candle burned in the middle of the blanket while around 10 other little red ones were littered through out the clearing.

“Oh my god Spike where the hell did you get that wine and the candles!” Buffy asked in wonder turning awe filed eyes to Spike.
“I’ll let you in on a secret I kind of kept a few things I found from the plane stored away. Nothing important just a few odds and ends I wanted. You like?” Spike asked hopefully.

“I love.” Buffy replied leaning up and kissing Spike happily. She melted into the kiss completely forgetting about the little picnic that was set out before her.
“I'm starved.” Buffy grinned plopping herself down and munching on a pineapple Spike had cut up. Spike just shook his head and joined her pouring the wine into a little plastic cup.

“Here you go luv. Cheers.” Spike smiled banging his cup with hers and quickly draining the cup grinning when he noticed she had done the same and was holding it out for a refill.
An hour passed before Spike remembered his little gift. He was so engrossed just sitting there talking to her it was unbelievable.

He had never been so interested in anyone in his life and her stories were amazing. Right from when she left her house to how she managed to travel the world.

“I got a present for you.” Spike smiled getting up and bending down behind a big boulder to Buffy’s right. She frowned at him questioningly and her face lit up when he revealed what was behind there.
A makeshift crutch.

“When the hell did you get that?” Buffy asked laughing as she stood to try out the handy gift.
“Well the whelps a carpenter aint he so I asked him to help me make it.” Spike shrugged. Her face was hidden from view by her hair and he frowned when he heard what sounded suspiciously like a sob. He brushed her hair behind her ear so he could get a better look at her face and frowned at the tears running down her face.

“Pet what’s the matter?” he asked worriedly.
“Nothing...its stupid…I just…I’ve never had a present before.” Buffy laughed at just how stupid she was being. It was a stick for Christ sake but it was so much more than that to her.
“Well everyone in your life was idiots because you deserve to be showered in gifts.” Spike smiled warmly looking into her wonder filled orbs.

“Spike…lets go back to the hut.” She whispered before using her crutch to hobble out of the clearing Spike following behind happily.
Chapter 12: by Kirst
8 Weeks:

Spike watched Giles standing in the surf staring out at the ocean with a strange look on his face. He walked over to him and stood a few meters away. Giles didn’t even notice he was there until he cleared his throat.
“Are you okay?” Spike asked a concern clear in his voice. The man had seemed to grow more and more distant as time went on.

“Yes im fine.” He replied simply but Spike could hear the sadness in his voice.
“No there’s something wrong,” Spike prodded moving closer to the man but stepping back again when Giles turned angry eyes to him.
“Of course there’s something bloody wrong you twit! We’re on a desert island! Or have you all forgotten! You all act as if you’re on holiday!” Giles growled.
“We’re making the most of what’s happened Rupert.” Spike said in defence.

“No your not. We are making no effort to get off this island. That’s all you people think about is your damn love life.” Giles snapped.
“Well…do you really think things are that bad?” Spike shrugged not really understanding where the man was coming from. There was nothing particularly special about the rest of the world. He had a free place to live, good weather, food water and he had Buffy…life wasn’t much better.

“You have no idea do you!” Giles yelled at him. Spike stood there to shocked to say anything, he never expected the timid Rupert Giles to be someone with a temper.
“My wife…” Giles shook his head letting out a laugh.
“You love Buffy don’t you?” Giles turned to stare at Spike, it wasn’t really a question he already knew the answer.
“Yes.” Spike gulped wondering where this was going.

“What would it feel like to you if Buffy was not on the island? Better yet imagine having to think that you would have to spend the rest of your life on this island while Buffy and your children where thousands of miles away.” Giles said quietly he saw the understanding and sympathy in the eyes of the young man and walked away slowly. Spike just stared after him worried about the old guy. He was right if he didn’t have Buffy he wouldn’t want to be on this island either but he couldn’t think of anything to do really.

“Hey look at me.”
Spike turned around and grinned at Buffy who was standing a few yards away holding up her arms as if presenting herself.

“Look...no stick.” Buffy beamed happy that she could walk on her leg again. Fred told her she had recovered at an amazing rate and she was proud of herself.
“Yep standing looks good on you Buff.” Spike teased walking over to her and wrapping her up in his arms and kissing her. He felt her moan against his lips and he felt all the blood in his body rush south.

“God Buffy.” He gasped when she nibbled on his earlobe. He pushed her away gently panting. She looked at him with confusion in her eyes and he smiled at her.
“Got a bit of a problem.” Spike grinned cheekily indicating his pants. Buffy’s eyes widened and her mouth formed a perfect o.

“Yeah…come on pet. Let’s go swimming…cool me down a bit.” He sighed walking into the sea and watching Buffy limp towards him smiling gently.

Later that night Buffy lay curled up on Spikes chest her finger tracing idle patterns on his chest which his did the same on her lower back. They laid there in complete silence totally comfortable with each other. It had been 3 weeks since Buffy had told him about her past and they spent every night like this. Sleeping with each other not going further just basking in each others presence.

Spike sighed happily closing his eyes when Buffy shifted on top of him, rubbing against his crotch getting an instant response. Buffy looked up at him and Spike was about to apologise when he saw the smouldering look in her eyes. He forgot how to breathe when her tongue swept out to wet her lips and his mind shut down completely when her sweet lips pressed firmly against his. He sighed into the kiss and rolled them over so he rested above her.

He continued to kiss her while undoing the buttons on the shirt she was wearing. Within minutes they were both naked and Spike smiled at the little gasps and pants Buffy was letting out. His hand trailed down her body and he stroked her gently before pushing two fingers inside her earning a loud gasp. He pumped his fingers in and out of her slowly closing his eyes at the feel of her velvety soft walls contracting around him.

“Spike…oh...god.” She panted breathlessly and she reached up grabbing onto his arms as if to anchor herself.
He tapped her clit and groaned at the look of pure ecstasy that washed over Buffy’s face.

That’s it!

He removed his hand which earned a desperate whimper from Buffy. She opened her eyes and looked up at him pleadingly.

“Don’t worry luv. I'm no where near finished.” He smiled positioning his aching erection at her entrance. He looked eyes with hers and he ran his fingertip down Buffy’s face in wonder.

“I'm the luckiest bloke alive.” Spike whispered to her as he slowly lowered himself into her. She whimpered and groaned as he pushed inside her so slowly Buffy was sure she’d spontaneously combust any second.
“Spike please?” She moaned.
“Shhh pet I don’t want to rush this baby…its too special.” He kissed her fingertips still staring deep into her eyes. Buffy felt herself well up with happiness and nodded to him to continue. Soon he was buried to the hilt and they moved together slowly completely in tune with the other. He rested on his elbow making sure not to put his full weight on her while his other hand held Buffy’s loosely. The small hut was filled with quiet whimpers and soft gasps as Spikes thrust began to speed up.

Oh god.

It almost felt too good. Tears were still in Buffy’s eyes and she knew it was sonly a matter of time before she cried. He was being so…gentle…so loving…she had never had sex like this before, she had never known of gentle or caring. His eyes clearly displayed everything he was feeling and Buffy smiled at the wonder and adoration she could see shinning form his eyes.

“God Buffy. So… good,” Spike grunted pushing back into her harder.

“Spike…I…Oh god.” Buffy cried out as a sudden orgasm ripped through her. She went wild beneath him her hips bucking up against his and a silent cry tearing form her throat. She clung to him as she flew over wave after wave her mind flooded with nothing but the pleasure.
“Pet Jesus…so close.” Spike cried thrusting wildly.
Buffy came down from her high in time to hear his desperate cries and knew he was second’s away from coming.

She don’t know how she did it but she managed to roll them until he was on his back he moved off his cock much to Spikes dismay he let out a pained cry but it was soon replaced by a hoarse shout of pleasure as she scooted down his body and took him into her mouth. She had barely enclosed her mouth on the tip when he was spilling his load inside her. His hand wrapped itself in her hair and she swallowed as much of him as she could.
When he finally stopped cumming Buffy moved back up his body collapsing on his chest tiredly.
“Buffy…that was…wow.” Spike smiled kissing the top of her head and following her into a deep sleep.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

By the time they woke up the next day everyone had disappeared. Either going for a walk or going to collect food but Buffy barely noticed. Her brain seemed to be switched off to anything but Spike. Neither could keep the sappy grin off their face and they hadn’t lost contact with each other since waking up even if they were only holding hands. Buffy wasted no time stripping off to her bikini and walking off into the sea dragging Spike behind her.

“Be careful pet you might not be able to swim that well. Your leg still isn’t fully healed.” Spike cautioned as she swam further and further out.
“Don’t be silly Spike. I have you here to rescue me anyway.” Buffy smiled pressing herself tight against his body and leaning in for a kiss. Before their mouths could meet however

Buffy jumped back and splashed Spike in the face before swimming off laughing at a spluttering Spike.
“ooo that’s its.” Spike growled playfully and quickly went after her dunking her under when he finally got a hold of her.

“What the hell are they doing?” Cordelia squinted from the sun watching in amusement as the coupled swam around splashing each other like four year olds.
“They had sex last night so this is their sappy phase.” Xander shrugged.

“How’d you know they had sex?” Willow gasped wide eyed.
“I heard them.” Xander blushed sheepishly.
“But….protection?” Willow gasped in shock. The only reason her and Xander had refrained themselves was because of that and if Spike had a secret stash somewhere she was gunna beat him to death.
“Well I don’t know do I!?” Xander chuckled walking off and throwing down the wood he had collected.
“Yow! Love birds!” Xander bellowed loudly.

Buffy and Spike broke out of the heated kiss they were sharing and stared at the beach focusing in on the three people standing there watching them.
“Funs over I guess.” Buffy pouted.
“Nah…its just beginning luv.” Spike grinned and pulled her out of the water and towards the smug looking trio on the beach.
CHapter 13 by Kirst
Author's Notes:
Hope u all enjoy thanks for the reviews:D
Week 12:

“Ugh!” Buffy grunted as Spike drove into her deeply from behind. Her arms wobbled from the strain of trying to keep herself up right and she gasped as she felt Spike’s fingers twist her clit sending her into an immediate orgasm she collapsed forward in a complete daze only barely aware of Spikes continued thrusts into. He grunted and pulled out of her warmth with some reluctance and began to stroke himself. He closed his eyes imaging reaching completion inside Buffy a second later he came spurts of his cum landing all over his hand. He flopped back onto his back gasping fro much needed air.

“Oh fuck Buff.” He cried when he felt Buffy lean over and begin to clean him up licking his spending from his shaft and his hands.
“What? You taste yummy.” She grinned snuggling into his side.
They stayed like that for awhile neither really needing to say anything.

“Do you think we’re gunna get off this island?” Spike asked casually running a hand soothingly up and down her back.
“I don’t know…eventually I think we will…but for know im happy where I am. You?” She asked a little nervously.
“Luv there’s nowhere id rather be.” He kissed her reassuringly.
“If we did get off here though…you’d still wanna be with me right?” Spike asked voicing a fear he had had for awhile now.
“You’re kidding right? Of course!” Buffy laughed.
Spike smiled at her but as soon as her face turned it was replaced by a worried frown.

“How you doing Rupes?” Spike asked sitting down next to his fellow Brit.
“Nothing much.” Giles sighed putting down the book he had been reading.
“So you feel better at all?” Spike asked.
“Yeah…I think I’ve come to terms with it now…we’re never getting off this island.” Giles sighed sadly.
“I'm sorry Giles.” Spike sympathised.
“No your not.” Giles laughed.

“Well technically not. I don’t ever want to leave this island.” Spike smiled.
“Why ever not?” Giles laughed.
Spike didn’t answer right away instead turning to watch Buffy run up the beach away from Willow who was kicking sand at her. Her eye flashed with happiness and her beaming smile could be seen clearly from where he sat.
“I’ve got her.” Spike smiled.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“Do you have any idea how beautiful you are?” Spike grinned pressing himself flat against her back as she hung up a pair of jeans on a makeshift washing line.
“Mr Reynolds are you trying to seduce me?” Buffy laughed teasingly.
“Always.” Spike replied honestly pulling her back into their new home.
The gang had all gotten sick of the noises they heard coming from their hut and after Xander had barged in and told them to please shut the hell up they had up and moved building a bigger hut a few yards from the main camp. It even had a little window now.
“Hmph.” Buffy moaned as Spike’s mouth attacked hers.

Damn he was good at this.

“Wait…Spike mmm stop.” She groaned pushing him away from her with some reluctance.
“What is it luv?” Spike grinned lewdly at her leaning in again to lick and nip at her neck.
“Nothing it’s just…can we not for once. Why don’t we just talk?” Buffy suggested pulling Spike to sit on the floor next to her.

“Why talk when there are better pursuits to have.” Spike licked his lips and reached a hand up to caress her breast through her shirt. Buffy groaned and once again got lost in Spike’s magical hands. It wasn’t until her shirt was partially off that she came to her senses.
“Hey!” Buffy yelled pushing Spike away and glaring at him.
“You distracted me!” She exclaimed.
“Well what can I say it’s easy.” Spike teased earning a slap on his chest.
“Spike im serious…I don’t know where your from! What’s your real name? Where were you born? What are your parents called?” Buffy reeled off question after question.

“My names William Reynolds I was born in London my dads name is Ethan my mums names Anne.” Spike answered leaning in once again trying to tempt her into other activities.
Buffy frowned and scooted away from him standing up and dusting the sand off her clothes.

“Now what?” Spike asked incredously.
“Now what? You! You’re infuriating! Jesus that’s all we do is have damn sex! Why don’t you want to talk about yourself? You had a go at me for being secretive and shut off well here I am! I’ve changed! I've accomplished more in the 3 months we’ve been here than I would have in a lifetime of therapy sessions. I opened up too you why can’t you do the same?” Buffy shouted at him.

“Because there’s nothing to tell! Anything off this island doesn’t matter anymore Buffy. This is our life now.” Spike reasoned lamely.
“Well im not having sex with you until I find out more about you.” Buffy said stubbornly crossing her arms over her chest and lifting her chin determinedly.
“You’re kidding right!? What’s the matter with you? Is it the time of the month or something!?”
Buffy’s mouth dropped open and she shook her head too angry to even form words and she stomped off out of the hut and into the jungle muttering something that sounded suspiciously like smarmy bastard under her breathe.
Spike sighed and ran his hands through his hair.

“Well done mate well fucking done.” He mumbled before deciding to take a stroll down the beach to clear his head.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *



“I mean seriously is it to much to ask!?” Buffy growled slamming her knife through the melon in front of her viciously tearing it in half. Willow winced and put a calming hand over her friends.

“Okay Buff…maybe you should calm down…the melon didn’t hurt you…its innocent.” Willow said seriously earning a little laugh from Buffy.
“Sorry.” Buffy sighed handing the knife over to Anya who neatly started to rectify the damage Buffy had done to the hacked piece of fruit.
“Well why don’t you ask him too tell you about himself?” Willow shrugged simply.

“I have and you think I got an answer. The only thing he was interested in was his dick. He even had the audacity to ask me if I was son my period.” Buffy grumbled.
The three girls around her gasped and shook their heads.
“When are guys gunna learn you never. Never say that to a girl.” Willow tutted.

“Maybe he’s a killer.”
Buffy looked up at Cordelia with a raised eyebrow.
“Are you being serious?” Buffy laughed.
“Well why not? I mean I told you me and Willow know him from somewhere maybe it’s from the news cause he killed someone and now he’s trying to hide his past.” Cordelia explained simply.
Buffy laughed and turned to look at Willow and Anya who she expected to be laughing also only they weren’t. They actually had a thoughtful look on their face.

“Oh come on guys! No way would Spike be a killer and why would he be on a plane if he was?!”
“Well maybe he’s not a murder but Cordelia is right. it isn’t just Willow and Cordelia who recognised him he seems familiar too me too so maybe he has done something not as bad as murder of course but maybe he’s trying t hide something.” Anya said seriously.
“You think?” Buffy worried biting her lip.

“I definitely know him from somewhere.” Willow nodded.
“Yeah but it doesn’t mean its bad right? Maybe there’s another explanation.” Buffy convinced herself looking from one girl to the other.
“Don’t worry Buffy even if he is a mass murderer at least you get wild orgasms.” Anya smiled brightly.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Buffy lay on her side facing the wall of her hut nibbling away at her lip and glancing to the entryway every now and again. It must have been close to midnight by now and he still hadn’t come back. She was really starting to get worried and was about to get up and go look for him when she heard someone walking outside. She shut her eyes tightly pretending to sleep as who ever it was entered.
She couldn’t hear anything except the sound of the ocean for such a long time she was sure that whoever it was had disappeared back outside. Before she could open her eyes to peek however she felt him move to lay down next to her. She knew straightaway it was Spike. She could just sense him.

She felt a soft kiss on her bare shoulder and sighed before rolling over to face him. He looked down at her and she could see the apology in his eyes. His eyes were so expressive it was unbelievable and she completely got lost in them for a minute.
“Im sorry luv.” Spike whispered leaving a light but tingling kiss on her lips.
Buffy nodded mutely not sure what else to say.

“My names William Reynolds I'm 28 and was born in London to Ethan and Anne Reynolds Who both died when I was 4 I have one brother an absolute ponce named Parker who I haven’t spoken too in ten years. I was brought up by my bitch of an aunt and at 15 ran away from home, lived on the streets for awhile then I moved to America about 6 years ago following this girl who I thought I was in love with. About 5 months before we crashed we broke up and that’s it…my life.” Spike finished quietly.

“But you said you were a drifter?” Buffy asked confused.
“I am…well was…when I left the woman I was with I started to move around. Guess you could say I was lost before we even landed on this stupid island.” Spike revealed.
Buffy smiled at him and stroked his face gently.
“See that wasn’t so hard was it.” Buffy teased.
“No guess it wasn’t.” Spike smiled back faintly.

“And now you get your treat.” Buffy smiled leaning in to kiss him quickly before reaching for his shorts and pulling them down. Spike gasped when her hand closed around him and began to pump him slowly.

“Oh god Buffy.” Spike pleaded. For what he didn’t know himself. Buffy smiled to herself again and her other hand reached down to her own needy sex. When Spike opened his eyes again he was surprised to see the pleasure filled look in her own eyes. He looked down and saw her playing with herself. Something snapped at the image and he growled flipping them over and impaling her quickly on his dick.

“Mine.” He growled as he pushed in and out of her tight channel over and over again.
“Yes…god Spike…yours.” Buffy panted and groaned beneath him.

After only a handful more thrusts Spike felt Buffy’s internal muscles flutter around him in orgasm and he couldn’t help himself. Before he had the chance to think he flew right over the edge with her. After a few minutes of heavy breathing as they both tried desperately to drag oxygen into their lungs Spike pulled out and rolled to his side clutching her too him in a desperate hug. He ran his hands through her sweaty hair and smiled at the goofy look on her face.
“I'm sorry pet.” Spike sighed.
“Sorry for what?” Buffy asked worriedly.
“I forgot to pull out.” Spike said sheepishly looking away form her.

“Spike don’t worry…I mean…it was only once…maybe we’ll be okay right? And if not…well…we’ll deal.” Buffy bit her lips looking into his eyes for reassurance.
“Of course luv…god you’re amazing.” Spike smiled kissing her cheek.
“I know I’ve been telling people that for years.” Buffy smiled.
Chapter 14 by Kirst
20 weeks

“Can you believe we’ve been her for 5 months?” Xander shook his head in disbelief.
“I know…its weird thinking the world is carrying on while we’re here aint it. It seems like we’ve been here longer though.” Spike closed his eyes enjoying the heat of the sun washing over him.

“So things with you and the Buff are going well I see.” Xander grinned at him.
“Yep…seriously good…better than any other relationship I’ve had.” Spike smiled happily.
“Yeah same with me and Willow…”Xander smiled but Spike could see a it was a little strained.
“What’s the matter mate?” Spike asked puzzled` by the frustrated look on Xander’s face. He had thought him and Red had been going good. They seemed to be anyway.
“You and Buffy…you have sex right?” Xander asked with a desperate glint in his eye.

“Okay that’s a little out of the blue…why?” Spike laughed baffled by his friends question.
“Willow won’t…im seriously getting desperate now.” Xander whined giving Spike an utterly pathetic look.
“You haven’t had sex? In the 5 months we’ve been here?” Spike asked with pity in his voice.
Xander nodded glumly and Spike winced patting his back comfortingly.

“Harsh.” Spike said with a touch of amusement in his voice.
“You’re a lucky bastard.” Xander sighed.
“Yeah I know.” Spike grinned his eyes immediately landing on Buffy who was lying close to the shore with Fred.


“Are you sure?” Fred asked concern for her friend evident in her voice.
“I…I think so…I mean…I keep getting sick and…well I skipped my period.” Buffy sighed glancing around to check no one was nearby. She spotted Spike sitting with Xander and he beamed at her waving happily. She forced a smile and waved back before turning back to Fred.
“…well…are you happy…or sad?” Fred asked timidly.

“I…would I be a terrible person if I said a mixture of both?” Buffy sighed sadly staring down at her stomach.

“No of course not Buffy…I mean if I’ve been with Gunn for 5 years and if I found out I was pregnant now even I would have doubts.” Fred assured her reaching out and holding her hand loosely trying to give her comfort without making it obvious that something was wrong. That’s all they needed was Spike wandering over getting suspicious.

“Its not that I really don’t want it its just…I can barely look after myself never mind a baby…and well…I’ve only known pike 5 months…we’re on an island.” Buffy said just blurting out the things that were worrying her.
Fred nodded in understanding.

“Okay…and what about the good points?” Fred asked encouragingly.
“The good side…its mine…and its Spike’s…I…I want the baby…its just…how’s Spike gunna react?” Buffy sighed sadly.

“You won’t know until you tell him…I just hope I can deliver a baby on this island.” Fred said nervously chewing on her lip.
“Delivering? Think about giving birth to it. No drugs…” Buffy’s eyes widened at the thought while Fred just laughed.
“When are you gunna tell Spike?” Fred asked.
“Well…I don’t know…its still early right? I mean cant be more than two months.” Buffy bit her lip thinking.
“If im honest I think the sooner the better it’s not nice when people you love keep a secret as big as this.” Fred advised her.

“He doesn’t love me.” Buffy replied automatically cupping a handful of sand and staring at it so she didn’t have to look at Fred.
“What are you talking about!? Buffy come on he worships the ground you walk on…anyone can see that!” Fred laughed at how ridiculous Buffy sounded.

“He’s never said it.” Buffy sighed.
“Well have you told him?” Fred asked. When that’s all she got was silence for an answer she gave her a knowing smile before wandering off to go find something to eat leaving Buffy alone with her thoughts.


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


“Happy Anniversary!” Spike beamed at her holding out a mango with a pink little bow on it. Buffy stared at the mango for a few seconds in amusement before bursting out laughing.

“Where the hell do you find these things!?” Buffy laughed fiddling with the pink bow.
“I have my ways.” Spike grinned.
“Okay and anniversary?” Buffy asked a little puzzled.
“You mean you don’t remember I am deeply offended luv. And here I was thinking we had something special and you don’t even remember this!” Spike mocked getting an elbow in the ribs from Buffy.
“It’s been exactly 5 months to the day that we met luv.” Spike smiled.

“Oh yeah…wow we’ve been here five months!” Buffy exclaimed shocked at how little time had gone by. It seemed like they had been there for years.
“Yeah I know luv…seems like nothing don’t it.” Spike sighed thoughtfully.

“I know seems like a lifetime ago…seeing you strolling up the beach dripping wet patting your precious duster.” Buffy grinned at him.
“I saw you before that. On the plane.” Spike informed her.
“You did?”
“Yep…being almost knocked over by a fat bloke trying to go to the bathroom. Had this fiery look in your eye like you was gunna knock him out…right turn on you were.” Spike leered licking his lips enticingly.

Buffy gulped and her gaze flickered from his eyes which were almost black with need to his soft looking lips.
“Ahh what the hell.” She growled smashing her lips to his in a passionate kiss. She whimpered as she felt his tongue sweep over hers and when she felt his hand slowly caressing her little weak spot between her ear and neck she almost collapsed into a puddle of goo.

She was so caught up in the heated kiss she didn’t even notice him pick her up and carry her into the shelter laying her down on the bed they had made.

“God pet you look beautiful like that…all mussed and panting.” He grinned raking his eyes from glazed look in her eyes to her “Fuck me now” hair. He growled before pouncing on her pressing her into the floor as he slowly stripped her of her clothes.

He kissed along her jaw line before moving further down sucking a nipple in his mouth hearing a sharp gasp from above as he gently bit down. He felt her squirm under him and grinned deciding to take pity on her and moved even further down her body till both legs were flung over his shoulders. His mouth watered at the sweet smell of her before lurching in and eagerly beginning to lap at her. Buffy’s eyes rolled and her mouth opened in a silent scream as soon as she felt his tongue on her.

Oh god he’s amazing!

Buffy whimpered and twisted under him and threaded her fingers through his hair to keep him too her.
“Spike…Spike…I’m…” Buffy panted.

Spike grinned sensing the desperation in her voice and added two fingers to the mix pumping them in and out gently searching fro the soft bundle of nerves he knew would drive her crazy. As soon as his fingertip came in contact with it Buffy went perfectly still beneath him before slumping back down.

Spike pulled away lapping up the juices off his fingers before moving up her body again unable to deny himself for any longer. She still looked as if she was floating off somewhere and he grinned at the fact he could bring her that amount of pleasure. He sunk into her groaning as her wet heat gloved his dick perfectly.
She whimpered beneath him and wrapped her arms and legs around him, holding on as he began to thrust slowly. Spike closed his eyes in pleasure. When he opened them again he met Buffy’s beautiful hazel ones. She was looking at him like he was the only person in the world and he smiled softly down at her.
“I love you.”

Spike felt Buffy’s breath catch in her throat and she stared up at him with wide eyes. Everything seemed to stop even their breathing the only thing that told Spike that anytime had even passed was the constant crashing of the waves outside. He started to get nervous thinking he had scared her away and when he saw the tears begin to run down her face he felt like curling up and dying. He went to roll off her but was stopped by her hands gripping his shoulders.

“No…Oh god Spike….I…” She sobbed out only this time she had a happy grin on her face. Spike felt relief flood him realising they were happy tears and he smiled down at her.
“I thought I shouldn’t have said it.” Spike sighed stroking her face.

“No! It’s just…I can’t remember anyone ever telling me they love me.” Buffy half laughed half sobbed. Spike frowned and kissed her trying to comfort her.
“Well I do…everyone else are idiots Buffy….who couldn’t love you?” Spike smiled at her.

“I love you too.” Buffy grinned back lifting her head to kiss him again. Without even realising it they had both begun to move again and Buffy was amazed by how close she was.

“Spike please!?” She groaned as he reached a hand down to rub her clit. Her eyes bugged out and she flew over the edge with a loud moan, Spike following soon after.
“I love you Buffy.”

“Love you too” Buffy smiled kissing his hair softly.
“I'm sorry again…I didn’t pull out.” Spike sighed frustrated with himself for doing it again.
“Don’t worry…no harm done.” Buffy sighed not really lying. How could any harm be done when she was already pregnant?

“We were lucky last time so hopefully we aint pushing our luck…goodnight luv.” He sighed drifting off into a peaceful sleep while Buffy just laid there with a worried frown on her face.
Chapter 15: by Kirst
23 weeks:

Buffy strolled through the jungle kicking the little fruit at her feet along with her.

A baby.

She honestly couldn’t believe she was pregnant. Every time she really thought about it she got so freaked out she ended up walking around the jungle worrying. She hadn’t told Spike yet but she was terrified about how he would react and the same sentence kept running through her head “We were lucky last time so hopefully we aint pushing our luck”

Great confidence booster.

She had even been avoiding Fred because she knew the girl would try to convince her to tell Spike.
She had been walking around for at least an hour now and she knew she would have to go back to camp soon otherwise they’d start worrying again. She was pretty close to the beach when she heard a loud groan. She immediately dropped the bag she was wearing and jumped through the bushes and trees running in the direction she had heard the scream come from. She burst through a particularly leafy bush and stopped dead.

Oh god!!! Naked Willow and Naked Xander!!!

She slapped a hand over her eyes and stumbled backwards glad that they didn’t notice her.

That is a sight I never want to see again.
Buffy shuddered before laughing.

"About time." Buffy laughed to herself carrying on towards the beach happy that Willow and Xander were finally “making it official” as Willow had nervously described sex a few day before.

“Hey luv! You all right? You look like your somewhere else.” Spike grinned walking towards her and wrapping her up in his arms. Buffy smiled and closed her eyes resting her head on his chest.

Hmm he’s so comfy.

“Buffy.” Buffy opened her eyes and turned to see Fred standing there patiently. She gave her a guilty look knowing that she had avoided the brunette for too long.
“Hey Fred.” Buffy said sheepishly.
“Can I speak to you in private?” Fred asked pointedly making it very obvious what she wanted to talk about.

“Yeah go on luv you go have your girly chat me, Angel, Riley, Gunn, Oz and Wesley are gunna go play with this.” Spike grinned holding up a football.
“Okay where the hell did you get that and is that Giles?” Buffy gawped looking at the older man stretching his legs not to far away obviously preparing to play.
“Yep it is…you’re never too old to play football luv. And this little thing I found washed up on the beach a few weeks ago.” Spike pecked her on the lips before running off like a kid about to go out and play with his friends. Buffy sighed and turned slowly not meeting Fred’s eyes.
“Your gunna have to look at me eventually you know.” Fred laughed easing Buffy’s fear a little.
“Yeah well I really don’t deal well with being judged.” Buffy sighed.

“I'm not gunna judge you its just you really should tell him Buffy…its been three weeks since you told me why don’t you tell him!?! Fred asked dumbfounded.
“He told me he loved me…its so perfect Fred…I’ve never felt like this…I never felt anywhere near to this.” Buffy sighed.
“Yes I know what being in love is like Buffy…its gre-”
“No you don’t get it!” Buffy raised her voice a little cutting Fred off.

“I’ve never been cared for Fred…my mom my dad…safe to say I never had the best child hood…no ones ever even said they loved me until Spike did…its just…things are going so good…if I lose this…I think I’ll brake. I don’t want to mess things up.” Buffy was crying by the end a steady stream of tears making their way down her face.

Fred looked on in shock before coming to her sense and moving closer to the blonde hugging her comfortingly.
“I'm sorry Buffy…obviously you haven’t had a very good life if Spikes the only one to say that to you Buffy…but still…you have to tell him you’re pregnant.” Fred urged.

“What!”

The two women’s heads snapped to the left so quickly their heads nearly feel off and Buffy had never felt so relieved that instead of seeing Spike it was Willow and Xander. They both stood there Xander with a shocked face while Willow looked positively horrified. Her jaw was practically dragging the floor and Buffy could practically feel the terror radiating off her.

Willow turned to Xander with anger.
“That’s it! That’s the first and last time im having sex with you on this island! I told you this would happen!!” Willow hyper ventilated.
“Willow please don’t make a scene.” Buffy pleaded desperately glancing to the boys who were still emerged in their game.

Willow turned back to her friend and her eyes softened.
“Oh Buffy im so sorry. I'm so busy thinking about myself are you okay?” Willow asked her concern evident in her voice.
“Yeah im good…I just haven’t told Spike yet.” Buffy sighed biting her lip and turning to stare as the man she had waited all her life to meet ran into the sea to celebrate a goal he had scored with a beaming smile on his face.

When did life get so damn complicated!?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Almost half an hour later both Willow and Xander were fully clued in on the news and they both sat cross legged across from Buffy and Fred with a concerned look on their faces.
“I agree with Fred you really need to tell him Buffy.” Willow said softly.
“Yeah if it was me and Willow was pregnant I’d really want to know.” Xander agreed giving her a soothing smile.
“Which I never will be cause no way am I having sex again!” Willow panicked.

“Yeah I know.” Buffy huffed ignoring Willows little outburst and instead focusing on what Xander had said.
“So when and how are you gunna tell him?” Xander asked eagerly.

“I really don’t know.” Buffy sighed dejectedly.
"Well why not now...not as if you have any appointments to get to.” Fred shrugged.
Buffy laughed and nodded in agreement.
"Okay, here goes." Buffy huffed getting to her feet and making her way over to Spike, praying she wasn’t gunna barf all over him.

"How'd you think he'll take it?" Xander asked Fred quietly.
"I really don’t know....he seems serious about her but telling a guy you've been with for 6 months your pregnant is risky at the best of times...while on an island...who knows.” Fred laughed staring intently at Buffy and Spike who were standing there talking.

“I hope he doesn’t’t freak out I mean finding out your girlfriends nearly three months pregnant and you’ve only known her for like six is bound to be scary but I realy hope he doesn’t make this harder on her.” Willow said genuinely worried for Buffy.
“Me too.”


“Hey Spike,” Buffy smiled in false cheeriness.
“Hey luv alright? Not sick again are you?” Spike asked worriedly. The last few days Buffy had been running off and spewing her guts up and he was starting to get worried she was catching some sort of virus.
“No…im good…urm…can we talk…alone?” Buffy asked timidly, all her false bravado and cheeriness stripped away now.

Spike frowned in worry and nodded his head wondering what was scaring her so much that she was talking so timidly when normally she was quite a hellcat.
“What’s the matter luv?” Spike smiled encouragingly taking her hand and rubbing it gently.
“Well you see…we’ve been on this island for almost 6 months now…and we’ve been a like…a proper couple for like 4 of those months…” Buffy started awkwardly not sure how she was going to do this.

And if my stomach rolls once more im just gunna scream and run.

“Where you going with this pet?” Spike asked frowning at the weird stuff that Buffy was rambling on about.
“Look…I love you…and there’s something that I need to tell you…you see im-”

“BOAT!”

Buffy was cut off by the yell from Giles who was standing waving frantically out to sea.
Both her and Spikes heads snapped right to stare in shock at the boat that was a few miles out. They both watched as a smaller boat descended from the deck of the big boat and make its way to the island. Buffy couldn’t see who was in the boat but it didn’t matter, she still dreaded it.
One of Buffy’s fears was getting rescued…how sick was that?

She shook her head in disgust at just how pathetic she was. Everyone else was all excited and happy at being saved and being taken home to their families like normal people would and here she was dreading it because she was afraid of losing all the confidence she had gained since crashing and reverting to her former closed off self.
Im such a messed up freak!

Buffy laughed softly to herself.

“What’s so funny pet?” Spike asked her.
Buffy looked up into his face and smiled.
As long as she had him it didn’t matter. He wouldn’t let her revert back. He’d keep her strong.
But why did he look so freaked out?
“Nothing…are you okay? You look pale.” Buffy stated concern filling her.

Spike didn’t answer and instead grabbed her hand and pulled her to the edge of the water where the whole group was whooping and jumping joyfully, hugging each other and waving at the little boat speeding towards them.
“Man that boat is huge!” Xander exclaimed eyeing the huge boat that floated about 4 miles out to sea.
“Oh my god I can’t believe we’re getting home!” Anya shouted and clapped happily.

Spike remained silent and simply reached for a pair of binoculars that were dangling around a happily dancing Giles neck and focused on the big boat with a sense of dread.
“What are you looking at Spike? Can you see the name of the boat?” Fred asked.
Spike gulped and nodded.
“The Dark Princess.” Spike said quietly the fear so evident in his face even the others who were so busy celebrating noticed.

“What’s the matter Spike?” Riley asked giving Spike a weird look
“Wait did you just say The Dark Princess!? Oh My God guys!! It’s Drusilla Rayne!! The actress! Oh my I have seen all her movies! She’s like totally my idol! I can’t believe it! I remembered the name of her boat because I read an article about her in Forbes magazine on the flight here! What shoes do you think she’s gunna be wearing!?” Cordelia squealed excitedly practically running out to meet the boat.

Everyone else however was focused on the couple in front of them. Spike looked downright horrified while Buffy was starting to look really panicked by Spike.
“Spike, sweetie what’s wro-” Buffy started to say but was cut off when Spike’s lips ravaged hers. Buffy moaned at the feel of the desperate kiss wondering what the hell had brought it on.

Spike poured everything he had into the kiss all his love, adoration and happiness hoping desperately that he hadn’t bollixed things up.
This may be the last time I get to kiss her.
That thought just made him want to weep and he pressed his lips down even harder savouring the last moments of their kiss before pulling back and gently pushing Buffy away. He almost cried at the wounded and confused look in her eyes but didn’t have a chance to say anything as Drusilla stepped from the little boat and treaded through the water in her long dress with a huge smile on her face obviously not noticing the tension filling every one.

“William! Oh How I missed you!”
Everyone looked at the striking woman wondering who the hell she was talking to when their question was answered by her throwing her arms around Spike in a loving hug and pressing her lips against his.
Each and every member of the group turned to look at Buffy the look of utter devastation on her face making them wince.

Oh shit
Chapter 16 by Kirst
Author's Notes:
Wow thanks everyone for all the reviews makes writing the story sooo much easier:D

Luve u all!
Broken.

That was the only word that Buffy could think of to explain her feelings. She felt empty. Like someone had punched through her chest and ripped her insides out. She felt too numb for tears so instead she jus stared blankly at the couple in front of her not fully believing it.

After Drusilla had finished running her hands all over Spike she turned to face the still silent group smiling,

“Hi…is everyone all right?” Drusilla asked stupidly.
“That’s where I knew you from!” Cordelia exclaimed in sudden understanding.
“You’re her husband! I’ve seen you in magazines your names William Reynolds.” Cordelia spoke in shock wondering how
she had not remembered sooner.

Poor Buffy.

Cordelia turned sympathetic eyes to Buffy and seeing the hurt clearly displayed on her face she shot an angry glare at Spike who ducked his head in shame not able to meet the eye of anyone.

“You’re married?” Buffy asked dumbly looking at Drusilla and feeling the bile rise in her throat.

Oh god im pregnant with another woman’s husband!

Spike opened his mouth to say something and was cut of by Drusilla.
“Why yes! Four years can you believe it!? I was so worried I thought I would never find you!” Drusilla cried dramatically burying her face in Spike’s shoulder. Spike had no choice but to pat the brunettes back in comfort giving Buffy a pleading look.

“Right then well let’s get off this island. I want to know what happened!” Drusilla gave them all a watery smile and led the way to the small boat.
They all trudged after her slowly all still shocked by the revelation that Spike and Drusilla were married.

Why did she come rescue us? Where are the real rescue workers? How’d she find us? Why is Spike such a prick?

The same questions were going around each and every one of their heads except for Buffy who was still too numb to put two thoughts together.
“Buffy im so sorry.” Fred whispered in her ear just before she pulled herself onto the boat and Buffy simply nodded in acknowledgement.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

As soon as everyone got onto the main deck of The Dark Princess which was so huge it may as well have been a cruise ship Drusilla took off to show the survivors where a phone was to call home which left Spike and Buffy alone standing there awkwardly.
Buffy gulped fighting back tears and kept her face turned away from him.

“Buffy I-”
“Don’t.” Buffy interrupted turning to face Spike with both tears and a spark of strength in her eyes.
“I’ve had too many people in my life lie to me Spike. I don’t want to add more to your fucking list…what was it? Was it a game? Get the freak to open up before tearing her apart cause congratulations it worked.” Buffy finished in a steely voice which was contradicted by the tears pouring down her face.

“Buffy no! I….what me and Dru…It’s complicated…we-” Spike tried desperately to explain but his tongue was just not working.
“Okay Buffy. Lawrence here will show you to your room.” Drusilla had appeared again smiling encouragingly at Buffy which in turn made Buffy want to be sick.

“How do you know my name?” Buffy asked suspiciously.
“When I came searching for Spike I looked over all the reports and your name and picture was on the list of missing…for some reason out of all the passengers on that plane you and that Angel O’Connor are the only two who really stuck with me.” Dru sighed.

Buffy didn’t say another word, not even a goodbye to Spike she just followed after the young man leading her too her room just wanting to get away from everything and lock herself up in her room for the rest of her natural life.

After Buffy had disappeared Dru turned back to Spike grinning and fisting her hands in his shirt smashing his lips down to hers. Spike was taken by surprise and didn’t react for almost a full minute before finally switching his brain on again and pushing Drusilla away.

“Well I’ve got to say Drusilla that was an Oscar worthy performance.” Spike sneered rubbing at his lips as if trying to rid them of her taste.
She stuck out her bottom lip into a pout he used to find irresistible but now that’s all it brought was a bark of laughter at how her pout wasn’t even in the same league as Buffy’s.
“But Spikey my boy…I’ve missed you.” Drusilla whined childishly leaning in again and frowning when he stepped backwards away from her.

“Bull Dru! What is it? They offer you a reward or something? No way would you go out of your damn way to help others unless there was something in it for you.” Spike said sceptically.
“Now now William. Is that anyway to speak to your wife?” Drusilla tusked.
“What part of separated don’t you get Dru!?” Spike yelled at her.

Drusilla reeled back and her face formed into an ugly sneer as she stared at him as if he was a piece of shit beneath her shoe.

“We are not separated Spike. You can’t just up and leave me. I am Drusilla Rayne! We had one little argument that’s all.” Drusilla snapped finally letting her true colours show a bit.
“Dru! I left! I packed all my stuff! I put all my things in storage and disappeared! You didn’t come looking for me for the five months before the plane crashed!” Spike growled.

“Spike come on! This is no time to argue! You love me you know you do…” Drusilla whispered in his ear before running her tongue around the shell of his ear. Spikes eyes fluttered closed and he sighed in pleasure. His eyes snapped open suddenly and he pushed her away.

“No Dru! Im not staying with you.” Spike said adamantly.
“Spike please. We both know you haven’t got the balls to leave. Where are you going to go? I will rip you to shreds if you try to get a divorce from me…the public loves me remember Spike. I can make every fucking person in America hate your guts for breaking the heart of their favourite innocent little starlet. And I know for a fact you weren’t coping well on your own. Living on the streets? You really wanna live like that?” Dru laughed.

Spike just sighed and stared into the sparkling water thinking just how fucked up his life was. Less than an hour ago he was completely at peace, happier than he’d ever been with Buffy’s love surrounding him and nothing but what fruit to eat for supper to worry about.

“You were coming back to me anyway. Why else would you be flying to Australia? Because I was there silly. Because I was filming there…aren’t I right?” Dru smiled smugly.
“Only because I had no where else to go.” Spike sighed sadly. She was right of course. He had nothing without Dru. He had no home, no real family unless you counted his bastard of a brother. He had met Dru when he was 22.He had been working in a bar, the first job he had had in over a year and she had walked in and completely captivated him. He had flown over to America with her for her to follow her dream and it was when she really hit the big time that he had started to glimpse her true self.

Spiteful, selfish, cold, bitchy, manipulative, crazy and unfaithful…

And he had still followed her around like a little lap dog. He carried on worshiping her even though she treated him so badly. That was until he walked in on her having sex with one of his close friends in HIS bed. She had had the audacity to ask him to join them too!

Spike had left in tears grabbing what he needed and leaving quickly on a flight to England desperate to get away from the nightmare that was his life. He travelled for five months doing nothing but getting sozzled and sleeping with random women in the hope he could forget about Dru but it hadn’t worked. She was all he thought about…until of course he had seen Buffy on the flight.
She was the complete opposite of Drusilla and yet the second his eyes landed on her he felt something click and the last 6 moths on the island had been the best of his pathetic life. His thoughts hadn’t strayed to Drusilla once and yet now here she was…like a bloody infection you couldn’t get away from.

He looked up at her his light blue eyes instantly locking with her hypnotizing brown and he felt that almost forgotten pull again urging him to forgive her and run back into her arms.
Drusilla moved ever closer and kissed him softly on the lips pulling back with a smile when she saw the confused look on his face.

Slowly you will be mine again my love.

Drusilla smirked to herself pulling Spike along behind her wanting to be as nice as possible to him to make him fall into place as her favourite little toy again by making him believe she really loved him.
“Come my prince im sure you are starved.”
“NO!” Spike growled snapping out of his daze and yanking his hand away shaking his head in disgust of himself for letting himself slip.

“Spike what is wrong with you? You love me. You always will now come.” She said as if she was commanding a dog.
“Spike laughed and shook his head no.
“No Drusilla im not coming I don’t want to be with you a second longer.” He said disgustedly turning to walk away he made it less than a yard when Drusilla spoke four words that chilled him to the bone.

“I have a baby.”

Spike froze and closed his eyes in dread.

Oh god please don’t do this to me.

He turned around and stared at her.
“So? No way is it mine Dru you cant pin it on bloody me! I have been stranded on an island for six months!” Spike said in disbelief hoping to god he was right.
“He’s three months old.” Drusilla said simply loving the panicked look in his eyes as he did the math.

“God Spike didn’t you even pick up a paper when you were on your travels! Sure I tried to hide as much as possible but the press still knew I was pregnant. I was six months when your plane crashed.” Drusilla informed him coldly as if this wasn’t world shattering news.
“That would mean you got pregnant a month before I left…” Spike trailed off quietly.

“Yes…I think it was that night in Paris…your remember my prince?” Drusilla cooed moving closer to him and laying a hand on his chest mistaking the thoughtful look as him thinking about Paris while really he was thinking off how his life had gone downhill so fast.
“Come now my Spike I shall take you for food with your new friends and then I shall take you to meet your son.” Drusilla smiled evilly before retaking his hand and pulling a dazed Spike behind her.

Buffy stepped out from her hiding place between two big crates and stared after the retreating couple with a dead look in her eyes. She hadn’t been able to hear what was being said but the closeness of Drusilla’s body to Spike’s and the hand holding she had most definitely seen. A single tear ran down her face and a hand reached down to press against her belly before she turned slowly and walked back to her cabin a defeated slump in her shoulders.
Chapter 18 by Kirst
Author's Notes:
wow im getting these chapters out fast...must be all ur luvely reviews lol i better start speed typing to get the next chapter up:D
“Where’s Buffy?” Spike asked the table quietly.
Everyone from the plane plus Drusilla all sat in a grand dining room with an absolute feast in front of them but there was a sombre atmosphere surrounding them. All of them anticipating getting back to the real world but dreading it at the same time.
“She’s in her room didn’t really feel up to eating.” Willow snapped giving Spike a pointed look which made him feel like an inch tall.

“Ah well she will soon come…I am sure you are all starved.” Drusilla smiled at them all and gesturing to the food.
“So what’s been happening since we’ve been gone?” Wesley asked.
“Oooo lots! You were all splashed all over the news. It’s so rare for a plane to crash and for no one to be able to find it! You’ve been on every front page and every TV channel for the last 6 months! Personally I’ve done loads of interviews and press conferences to talk about my heart ache and worry over Spike here.” Dru smiled placing a hand on Spikes arm.

Ahh so that’s why she came to save us…publicity.

“What happened anyway? Why couldn’t they find us im sure my daddy spent a lot of money trying to search for me so how come they couldn’t find us?” Cordelia asked curiously.
“Apparently your radio went down half way through the flight. The equipment all cut out and no one knew where you were. Your plane must have tried to turn around and so we were all looking in the wrong direction…me on the other hand didn’t give up and searched the entire ocean.” Dru laughed heartily as if it was a very funny joke.

“Well thanks I guess.” Xander shrugged already taking an intense dislike to this woman that he was sure everyone else felt too.
“You must have been so worried about your prince of a husband.” Fred said sarcastically joining Willow in handing out the death glare.
“oh most certainly...i had so much press coverage and letters of support from people hoping me and the baby would be well.” Drusilla smiled not noticing everyone go deathly silent.

“Oh my god….I forgot reading about that….you were pregnant weren’t you?” Cordelia gasped her respect for Spike non existent now. Not only had he not told Buffy he was married he hadn’t even told her his wife was pregnant.
“Yes all’s well he’s three months old now and very healthy, I named him William after you.” Drusilla gave Spike a sickly sweet smile which he ignored still staring in silence at his empty plate.

“I don’t feel up to eating anymore.” Willow said standing up and storming out of the room too angry at Spike to even deal with being in the same room as him at the moment. Xander quickly went after her followed by everyone else eventually leaving only Spike and Drusilla at the table.
“What was that about?” Drusilla’s asked puzzled at their odd behaviour.

“Can I see him now?” Spike asked quietly. He felt numb not truly believing he had a child. He felt terrible for the fact that he wished Drusilla was lying and he hoped it wasn’t his. He knew that if it was his, it would be over between him and Buffy, if it wasn’t already and he really didn’t want to lose her but he doubted he could abandon his son which meant he’d have to stick with Dru.

Fuck.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“Buffy! Come on Buff please let us in?” Willow pleaded through the door. Xander, Fred, Cordelia, Tara and Oz all stood behind her identical looks of worry on all their faces, even Oz’s.
“I cant believe she’s pregnant! When did she tell you guys?” Cordelia asked in shock.

“She told me about three weeks ago and she told Willow and Xander today.” Fred sighed sadly.
“Wow bad timing or what.” Cordelia snorted.
“I cant believe what an asshole Spike is.” Xander fumed feeling an intense need to pound the blondes face in for hurting Buffy like this.

“He’s a fucking prick.” Tara said darkly surprising everyone with not only her language but her tone of voice.
“He’s not gunna stay with Dru though right? I mean he loves Buffy and when she tells him she’s pregnant he isn’t gunna stay with Drusilla…right?” Willow asked desperately not getting any reply from anyone. Her eyes filled with tears at the thought that Spike would leave Buffy alone when she was carrying his child.

She shook her head sadly and walked away from Buffy’s door knowing that if she did manage to convince Buffy to open the door there was nothing she could do to make her feel better.



“Here he is.” Drusilla smiled a way too fake smile.
Spike gulped and moved forward looking down into the cradle and staring down at the tiny little baby wrapped in a blue blanket. Spike stared at the baby for a long time not knowing what to say. It was definitely Dru’s that was for certain the baby looked just like her and even had her dark, almost black eyes. He tilted his head to the side trying to see if he could recognise any of himself in the tiny bundle but realised how stupid that was. Not all children looked like their parents.

“Isn’t he beautiful?” Dru said from behind him.
He couldn’t see the smirk on her face as she surveyed him looking at the baby. She could tell she was so close to having him in her claws again and she grinned at the thought.
She moved forwards and wrapped her arms around his waist and running her long nails up and down his hard abdomen causing him to tense up. He moved away from her and she frowned when she saw the panicked look in his eyes.

“I need some time Dru…I mean…I don’t even know if he’s mine! You cheated on me remember?” He scoffed trying for any excuse to be able to get away from this witch and hoping to god it wasn’t his.

“I know I did Spike but that was just the once and I was already pregnant. Surely you don’t want your son to grow up without a father do you? I love you Spike.” She lied reaching a hand out for him which he moved away from.
“No.”

“No?” Drusilla repeated stupidly.
“No…you don’t love me and you know it. Look…I moved on Dru I don-”

“Moved on? What do you mean moved on? moved on where? You were on a fucking island!” Drusilla snapped losing her temper and giving up on tricking him into being with her. She looked at him in frustration before it dawned on her. Her mouth opened in a perfect o in shock before grinning a calculating smile.
“Its that Buffy isn’t it? I saw the way she looked at you.” Drusilla laughed.

“Im sorry Dru…I want a paternity test. If the baby is mine then…I’ll support him but not you Dru…I don’t love you any more, I love Buffy.” Spike revealed giving his ex a pleading look.

“And what do I tell him! His daddy isn’t around because he decided to follow his dick to the nearest young blonde cheerleader!” Drusilla cried out pointing to the cradle.
Spike didn’t have a reply and stared at the cot with a guilty look on his face. Drusilla moved closer to him and took his hand pulling him closer to the baby. She reached in and picked the sleeping baby up and turned to place him in Spike’s arms. Spike looked down at the sleeping bundle not sure what to do his feelings were so muddled he didn’t know what to think.

“Spike you know what its like to grow up without parents. Don’t you think you owe it to him not to let him grow up without a father.” She said playing on Spikes past knowing that if anything was going to make him stay it would be this.
Spike’s throat tightened and he looked up at Drusilla with tears in his eyes. He gulped and nodded slowly.

“How long till we get to land?” Spike asked desperately trying to find a safe topic to discuss. With Buffy conversation just flowed naturally they had so much in common there wasn’t a moment of uncomfortable silence with them but with Dru it was another story. He didn’t know how he had managed to be in love with her for six years when it was clear he had nothing to talk with her about.
“We’ll arrive at Sydney’s harbour in about a day and a half.” Dru smiled.

“Oh.”

They lapsed into silence once more and Spike turned to the television trying anything to keep his mind occupied instead of having to watch Drusilla lay on the bed obviously trying to be seductive. He didn’t really watch the television however his thoughts kept straying to Buffy.

It had been less than three hours but he already missed her. The longest he had spent apart from her in the last four months was about an hour and he ached to see her again already. He couldn’t believe how trapped he was. His eyes landed on the cot next to the bed he was sitting on and he felt guilty at the sadness that filled him. He was such an asshole. What kind of person feels depressed when they look at their child!

“Im gunna go for a walk.” Spike said standing up suddenly and walking to the door.
“Wait! I’ll come with you!” Drusilla smiled.
“No…I need some time to myself, time to think.” Spike sighed giving her a half hearted smile to reassure her.

“Okay…but stay away from that Buffy.” She said calmly but Spike could hear the menace behind it.
He nodded and walked out the door not glancing back to see the angry look on Dru’s face.
Chapter 18: by Kirst
Author's Notes:
thank u for all the comments:D very helpfull and glad your all enjoying the story so much.
Buffy stared at the ceiling forlornly her eyes not taking in anything really. Her life seemed pretty much over and she didn’t really care if she stayed exactly where she was doing nothing for the rest of her life as long as she didn’t have to focus on the searing pain that was tearing through her.
She heard a knock at the door and rolled over to face the opposite wall ignoring Willow’s insistent knocking. When it didn’t let up after 10 minutes she snapped and stormed across the room. She threw the door open her rage rolling off her in waves.

“Willow would you just leave me alone!”
“Sorry to disappoint luv…Im guessing Willow was here.” Spike mumbled.

They both just stood there looking at each other neither finding any words that wouldn’t be completely idiotic. Spike looked away for a second not able to look at her without feeling sick. Just looking at her face and imaging never seeing it again made his heart clench and he felt his throat burn as he fought to keep his tears at bay he gave up any hope of stopping them however when he heard a sob.

He looked back at her and he welled up when he saw the tears running down her face. He stepped into the room and wrapped his arms around her burying his face into her shoulder. He felt her body shaking and it made him cry harder it wasn’t long however before he felt her small hands beating at his chest as she tried to push him away. He stepped back and stared into her stony face.
“get out.” She said quietly.

Spike didn’t move an inch just stared at her. Her voice seemed so dead and it was then that he noticed the dull look in her eyes.
“Im not leaving you alone.” He said pathetically not sure what else to say.
“You already left me alone.” She said venom dripping from her voice.
“Look Buffy…im sorry…I-”

“You what? Forgot to tell me you were married? Forgot to tell me you were married to a huge actress even though you were reminded daily that we all recognised you!?” She started to laugh hysterically.

“I didn’t forget Buffy I was….can we sit please? Just give me five minutes and after that if you want me to leave I will.” Spike pleaded holding onto her hand like it was a life line. Buffy stared down at their joint hands and closed her eyes as a fresh wave of hurt washed through her. She pulled her hand away and went to sit on her bed watching as he pulled up a chair and sat opposite her.
“Me and Dru were getting divorced…well sort of..” Spike sighed staring down at his own hands not wanting to look into Buffy’s face.

“I left her five months before the crash but we were long over before that I could barely stand her to be honest and when I found her in bed with one of my best mates I just snapped and left. Five months…I did my best moving from place to place but eventually I realised I had no where to go. She had been my entire life for six years Buffy…that’s hard to give up on no matter what…I was flying to Australia on that flight cause she was meant to be doing a film over there…I didn’t really want to be with her but I felt stuck….then I met you.” Spike smiled softly finally looking up and seeing the confused emotions that were shining out of Buffy’s eyes.

“I love you Buffy. I don’t think I’ve loved anything more.” Spike sighed lifting a hand and running his fingertips down the side of her cheek. She closed her eyes at the touch and turned her face into it before opening her eyes again and nodding her understanding to Spike.
“you still should of told me Spike…I…I told you everything…After all the lies…all i’ve been put through and you hurt me more than anyone else.” Buffy sobbed.

“I know and im so sorry luv…so sorry im an ass.” Spike half sighed half cried as he moved forward wrapping his arms around her trying his best to comfort her.
“I saw you on the deck though. You both seemed…close.” Buffy sighed pulling back and searching Spike’s eyes for the truth. When he turned his head away her heart sunk even further into despair knowing he wasn’t telling her everything.
“we aren’t close Buffy…I have nothing in common with her anymore.”
Buffy felt her heart lift slightly and she almost let a smile slip out but all that was shattered with his next sentence.

“but I cant leave her.”

“What do you mean you can't leave her? You just said you loved me!” Buffy said confusion and hurt lighting up her face.
“I do Buffy and im a prick for putting you through this but…Dru got pregnant.” Spike sighed.
“Pregnant?” Buffy said quietly. Her breath had caught in her throat and she stared at Spike in disbelief.

“I didn’t know, but she says its mine…I don’t know if it is yet. Im gunna have a paternity test but…he‘s three months old…”He trailed off sadly seeing the hurt in Buffy’s eyes almost broke him and he went to move forward to hold her but she held her hand up and her face turned to stone as she stared at him.
“Leave.”
“What?” Spike gulped.

“I said leave…go back to your wife and child Spike.” She gulped using every ounce of strength in her to not be needy and desperately plead for him to stay with her. She wanted to scream that she was pregnant she was the one having his baby! He should be with her but the pain was too raw and at the moment she couldn’t bare to be near him. He had a son for Christ sake.

Spike nodded his head sadly and stood walking to the door and pushing it open ready to leave. He froze in the doorway but didn’t turn around.

“Im sorry Buffy. I want nothing more than to be with you but I know what its like growing up without a father…I wish there was another way.” He finished in a sob before shutting the door behind him. As he rested his head back against the door his heart ripped apart listening to Buffy cry her heart out alone in her room.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“I am sure your all exhausted so on behalf of the Radissons Hotel we wish you a peaceful stay and your all of course welcome to stay as long as it takes you to settle in to normal life again.” The beaming man dressed in the fancy tux bowed deeply before moving off leaving the exhausted group standing there.

They had arrived at Sydney Harbour almost 8 hours ago to a crowd of screaming people and god knows how many camera crews and reporters. It seemed in their time away they had become famous and they had all stood stunned by the flashing lights while Drusilla worked the crowd perfectly hanging onto Spike as if he was a lifeline while clutching William their son, every inch the perfect reunited couple. Buffy stood behind them staring at the baby and felt awful for the jealousy that over took her. She couldn’t help wondering if her baby would look like the one Drusilla was currently showing off

“Are you okay sweetie?” Fred asked over the loud cheering and clapping of the crowds. She was desperately worried for her friend and winced as she took in the puffy red eyes with black bags under them as she gave the girl a pitiful look.
Buffy just nodded not trusting herself to speak.

“Im so sorry Buffy.” Fred sighed already knowing how pathetic it sounded but what else can you say to a woman who had just found out the man she had fallen in love with and had gotten pregnant by currently had his wife draped all over him and his baby son was attached to said wife.
After what felt like hours of interviews and a rather tearful reunion between Giles and his wife they had all been ushered into a large coach and had been informed that they would be staying in a top hotel for free for as long as they needed all arranged of course by Drusilla.

The whole group moved straight to the elevator all realy eager to find a real bed. Drusilla looked around wanting to keep an eye on that Buffy girl. When she saw she wasn’t in the lobby she looked out of the glass front and saw the blonde still standing outside staring off somewhere.
Drusilla grinned maliciously and turned to give Spike a sweet simpering smile.

“I’ll be right up sweetie take William up and get settled in okay.” Drusilla smiled choosing to ignore the exasperated and obviously pissed off look on Spike’s face.
She turned and headed outside stopping just behind Buffy.
“He’s mine you know.”

Buffy jumped at the interruption and turned around, away from the sunset which she had made a habit of watching and stared stony faced at the woman in front of her.
“What are you talking about?” Buffy asked playing dumb.
“Don’t act innocent with me Blondie! Spike told me all about your little relationship” Dru sneered putting extra emphasis on the last word.
“Thanks by the way for keeping him entertained while he was away.” Dru smiled at the look of confusion and hurt on the blondes face.

“What? You think he cares about you? Honestly!” Drusilla cackled making Buffy feel utterly pathetic.
“He does. He loves me.” Buffy said quietly flinching as that earned another laugh out of the raven haired woman.
“Please! You were just a distraction dearie. What do you think kept him occupied on the boat? Me. He loves me not you and your a fool to think otherwise…all that pent up sexual tension he had from being stuck on an island with a pathetic excuse for a shag like you and he couldn’t get enough of me!” Drusilla absolutely delighted in the look on Buffy’s face as the girl visibly paled and tears welled in her eyes.

“Your lying.” Buffy said lamely.
“Im not and deep down you know it. You could never get his love…so im warning you, stay away from my husband. Im his family.” Drusilla warned coldly lifting her nose up and walking away.

Later that night Buffy sat on the end of her bed flicking through the channels but not really watching anything. It was scary how much had changed since the crash and Buffy still hadn’t yet taken it in fully. she was startled by the knock on the door and she sighed waking tiredly to the door not up for a confrontation right now so she hoped it wasn’t Drusilla the mad bitch coming to attack her or something.

She opened the door and raised an eyebrow at Willow, Tara, Fred, Anya and Cordelia all stood there with bags upon bags of sweets, armfuls of pizza and a bag full of videos.
“We thought you could do with a girly night.” Willow smiled at her obviously wondering what her reaction would be.
Buffy just smiled nodding her head and gesturing for them all too come in.

“Don’t you guys have better things to do than get stuck with me?” Buffy questioned.
“Nope. We all just wanna get settled slowly…im not exactly comfortable around crowds right now after so long with just us. I don’t think I could deal with going out.” Tara shook her head.
“yep and all our families are waiting at home for us. We sent all the boys away too…Xander was not pleased.” Willow smiled

Buffy just gave a little smile and didn’t say anything as everyone settled on her bed not one of them even attempting to go put a movie in the video player all just sat there awkwardly waiting for someone to talk. Buffy sighed knowing exactly what they all wanted too talk about and she started to fiddle with stray strands that were dangling off her sweatshirt.

“So your up the duff huh?…OW!” Anya yelped when she received a painful elbow from a frowning Cordelia.
Buffy rolled her eyes at Anya’s usual bluntness and just shrugged nodding her head.
“So have you told Spike?” Fred asked eagerly happy that they had actually been able to get to talk to Buffy about this.
“No and im not going to,” Buffy shrugged once more trying to act indifferent.
“What!? But Buffy you have too. He deserves to know.” Willow said without thinking.

“Yeah well I thought I deserved to know he had a wife, a pregnant wife.” Buffy snapped angrily earning a sheepish look from Willow.
“Yeah of course im sorry, I didn’t think.” Willow said apologetically.

“Yeah but Willow is right you should tell him. He loves you I know he does, and your so miserable without him.” Tara said rubbing a soothing hand up and down Buffy’s back.
“No im not miserable. Im tired. Tired of everything. Im sick of this world and all the people in it. That’s all anyone does is lie and im tired of it.” Buffy sighed and everyone went quiet at the utter lack of feeling behind her words. She really seemed completely burnt out.

“He told me on the boat coming here that he loved me not her but he couldn’t leave her cause she has his child. Then she tells me that he’s loved her all along and he just played me. I don’t know what to believe to be honest and either way I end up alone so to sum it up…im just tired.” Buffy finished looking sadly at all her new and only friends who all stared back with compassion.

“Tell him Buffy. He loves you. Its so obvious its scary. He worships the ground at your feet and the only reason he’s with that crazy witch is because of the kid and he doesn’t even know if he’s the father!” Willow urged her.
“He might not be the father?” Tara asked her hopefully, smiling when Willow nodded.
“See you still cou-”
“no. It doesn’t change anything Tara. He picked her.” Buffy sighed.

“look im pretty beat guys do you mind if I take a rain check on the whole girly fun thing.” Buffy said silently thanking them for their understanding as one by one the got up to leave all giving her hugs or kisses till only Willow remained. She hugged Buffy tightly and turned to leave but just before she left the room she turned back to Buffy.

“And just to let you know. He didn’t pick her, he’s just doing what he thinks is right...he'd pick you over her any day.” And with that Willow left the room deeply worried for her friend.
Chapter 19 by Kirst
The next morning Spike woke up with the sound of the baby crying and he got up off the chair he had insisted on sleeping on last night and walked around the bed with a sleeping Dru on it to pick up the little crying bundle.

“hey now shh…calm down…its…daddy.” Spike mumbled a little awkwardly trying to soothe the little infant.
Drusilla lifted her head off the pillow groggily and stared at Spike distastefully.

“Cant you get that thing to shut up.” She growled.
“Thing? Dru this is your son.” Spike said a little impatiently.
“Yeah okay whatever.” Dru muttered rolling her eyes.
Spike just shook his head and rocked the baby until he felt asleep his dark eyes closing slowly.
“Im going to take him out today okay?” Spike said after getting changed. Getting no response from Dru he decided it would be better to take him without her knowing so he strapped the baby into his pram and made his way silently to the door.


Spike sat in the doctors office staring at a poster on the wall while gently pushing the pram backwards and forwards. The doctor came in and smiled at him before taking a seat behind his computer and typing something into his computer before turning back to Spike.
“Okay the results should be back in about 8 weeks.” the doctor smiled.

“EIGHT WEEKS!” Spike squeaked his eyes widening. He had always assumed they’d be able to tell right away not in eight bloody weeks!

No way will I be able to cope with Drusilla for that long.

“Yes im sorry Mr Reynolds but that’s the way it is we can call you when the results come back.”
Spike sighed and nodded leaving the building a definite slump in his shoulders.

When Spike made it back to the hotel he bumped into Buffy in the lobby and they stared at each other for what felt like hours before Buffy ducked her head and all but fled to the elevator. Spike ran after her pushing the pram along with him. Somehow he managed to make it into the lift before the doors closed and he stared at Buffy who happened to be the only other occupant of the tiny lift.

“We need to talk luv.”
“Don’t call me luv.”
“Oh back to that are we?” Spike smirked raising an eyebrow.
“Spike enough okay.” Buffy sighed trying her hardest to ignore the baby in the pram.

She stared at Spike wide eyed when he reached and hit the emergency stop button and the compartment came to a grinding halt. Before Buffy could argue however She was pressed against the wall with Spike closing her in kissing her like it was the first and last time all at once. She moaned and sunk into the kiss for a second before realising what was happening she pushed him away and rubbed at her lips as if trying to erase him.
“You cant do that! You cant just kiss me after all that’s happened.” Buffy shouted at him.

“I love you. I told you that.” Spike sighed.
“You lied to me! You were married! You could have told me! And you said you could never leave her!” Buffy said sadly.
“Buffy please, I don’t love her I swear I love you if you could just wait 8 weeks…”
“Why 8 weeks?” Buffy asked frowning at the rather random request.
“That’s how long it takes for a paternity test.”
Buffy looked at him for a second before looking down at the floor deep in thought.

“So let me get this straight. You love me and not Drusilla and you want me to wait around for eight weeks while you pretend to play happy families and then when the results come back and its not yours you come running back to me?” Buffy said betraying no emotion in her voice or her face and Spike gulped not liking that he couldn’t read her.
“Well its not like that luv. Im not playing happy families im not exactly sleeping with Dru or anything and im not making you wait around I don’t want you too its just the baby I cant ditch an innocent baby not after I grew up with no parents.” Spike sighed.

“And what if it is yours? Where does that leave me?” Buffy asked quietly.
“Right now?…I don’t know Buffy. If it is mine…it will be really hard for Dru to allow me to see him without being with her.” Spike said biting his lip.
“So you’d stay with her?”

“I’d have to.” Spike sighed lifting a hand to stroke the side of Buffy’s face giving her a sympathetic look. Buffy just backed away form him and hit the button on the side panel bringing the elevator to life again. The doors opened onto Buffy’s floor and she stepped out turning around and studying Spike.
“Stay with your family Spike. Its what you want.” Buffy said sadly the doors shutting effectively stopping Spike from replying.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“Had a fun day out my prince?” Drusilla crooned as soon as Spike walked through the room door.
“What? Oh…yeah course.” Spike mumbled lifting William and placing him in his crib.
“Want to have some more fun?” Dru giggled wrapping her arms around his neck and moving her lips close to his brushing against them lightly. Spike was too troubled thinking about the complete acceptance that had practically rolled off of Buffy in their earlier encounter to even notice Dru so when her lips firmly pressed into his he jumped in surprise.

“What’s the matter?” Drusilla asked in a hurt voice doing her best little lost girl look.
“Nothing, its just…”

“That Buffy girl right? You know what if you want her so bloody much just leave and don’t come back!” Drusilla snarled.
Spike felt torn, on one hand he would love to have just stood and left the room running straight into Buffy’s arms but one look at the crib and he knew he was trapped. His morals were so damn strong he knew that even if there was the tiniest chance he was the dad he couldn’t leave the little tyke.
“Im not leaving Dru if he’s mine..”

“HE IS YOURS DAMMIT!” Drusilla howled.
Spike backed away a bit staring into Drusilla wild eyes and for the first time felt utterly terrified of the woman before him. She looked downright manic and he wondered if the woman he fell in love with was there at all.


“Okay, okay Dru I believe you but…” Spike tried to think up some idea to get her too keep her distance and he opted for acting a bit on her needy side.
“I want to start over you know? Start as friends again and see if something more comes out of it. You hurt me so much Dru…I just need time.”
Spike felt like clapping himself on the back for that performance.
Maybe I missed my calling as an actor!

Pretending to care even an ounce for the crazy, spiteful loony tune in front of him took every bit of skill he had and he waited with baited breath too see if she would fall for it.
Her eyes clouded over and a dreamy look appeared in her eyes as she moved forward and wrapped him in a hug.
“Oh Spike! Of course im so sorry my sweet little boy.” She cooed stroking his chest gently.
Spike smiled awkwardly and gently moved her away.

“So you wont mind if I sort of get my own room do you?” Spike asked hoping he wasn’t pushing his luck.
A flash of something appeared on Drusilla’s face but it was so quick he didn’t catch what it was.
“There’s no need for that. Surely we can still share a bed, we don’t have to go no further.” Drusilla smiled while inside she was figuring out a way to seduce him already.
“I think it would be for the best.” Spike said strongly picking up his bag and standing as if waiting to be dismissed.
Drusilla sighed and gave up.

Gunna take more time than I thought.

“Okay fine. Go to the front desk and they will sort it all out.” She nodded watching him leave. Once the door was closed William immediately started crying and Dru groaned glowering at the crib angrily.

“Oh shut up you stupid brat!” Drusilla snapped.
When the baby continued to yell Drusilla quickly dialled her PA, Harmony.
“Harmony find a babysitter and find one quick im going out and wont be back till tomorrow.”
“Sure Mrs Rayne, where are you going so I can get in touch with you if needed?”
“Im going to the Radnor House Hotel. My naughty boy will be waiting for me there.” Drusilla giggled already imaging Lindsay walking around his room waiting for her.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Spike moved into his new room no problem and was thankful it was on another floor to Drusilla’s. He was too anxious to just sit there however so he went straight to Buffy’s door hoping to salvage some of their relationship and hope she’d give him a second chance. She didn’t answer her door however and he sighed knowing there was no chance of seeing her today.
Not if she set her mind to it.
He stood in the hall for a bit not sure what to do. He didn’t want to be alone and he was thankful too get away from Dru so he wasn’t going up to her room.

He just wandered aimlessly for a bit until he went past a door with loud laughter coming from within. He stared at the door for a bit in surprise. It sounded as if a party was going on in there and he smiled when he heard Xander’s loud laugh sound from within. He knocked on the door and when it opened to reveal Willow he grinned.

“hey Red. Nice to see you again.” Spike smiled faltered when he saw her smile slip away into an impassive face.
“You’re a jerk.” Willow stated.
Spikes smile completely disappeared and he sighed in defeat before turning to leave he was stopped by a hand on his arm and turned back to Willow.

“You’re a jerk but your still kind of my friend.” Willow sighed opening the door for Spike smiled at her in thanks and walked in shocked to see everyone form the island sitting on either the bed or chairs surrounding the bed. Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at Spike and he shifted uncomfortably.

“What’s he doing here?” Angel asked anger colouring his voice. Buffy had become a good friend and this asshole had hurt her. That made him a definite bad guy in his eyes.
“Look sorry…I’ll leave.” Spike sighed.
“No. Look guys he’s an ass he knows it but he’s still more or less the guy we knew.” Willow reprimanded them all.
They all looked at each other and all shrugged avoiding eye contact with the blonde.
“Where is Buffy?” Spike asked quietly just noticing that she was the only one absent. Everyone looked around nervously none even looking in his direction.

“What?” Spike asked worriedly.
“Spike…she left.” Willow sighed giving him an almost sympathetic look.
“What do you mean she left? When?” Spike asked jumping up in surprise.
“What do you care your the reason she fucking left.” Angel glared at him.

“What do I care?!! You got some fucking nerve! I love her! I love her so much it fucking hurts and I know I made a huge fucking mistake! I bollixed things up good and proper and im sorry but don’t you ever question how much I care for her okay!” Spike thundered angrily. The silence that filled the room was deafening and everyone stared at a tearful Spike in shock none of them had expected the outburst.

Willow stepped forward and held Spikes hand encouragingly. Spike looked down at her an nodded his appreciation to her.
“She left about an hour ago.” Angel said quietly. He felt like an ass and he looked at Spike with a respect he had never had before.

“Did she say where she was going?” Spike asked.
“No. She said she’d call me when she settled somewhere.” Willow informed him.
Spike just gulped and stared down at the floor in despair. She was really gone.
Without another word Spike left the room heading to his own where he just sat for hours staring at the wall lost in his memories of the last 6 months.
Chapter 20 by Kirst
Author's Notes:
hey sorry this has taken so long to get out...i am having some major idea issues lol everything im writing seems to be utter crap so review and boost me up :D
Spike flicked through the channels aimlessly not paying any attention to anything in particular and not looking up when Drusilla walked into the room. She stared at him in disgust before storming off again sick of him ignoring her she stood at the counter in the kitchen staring out the window. She was sick of the lousy bastard.

She had worked tooth and nail getting all the right publicity so that when she rescued him they had been shot even higher into fame not only was she a mega star but even he was
sought after by the press. He had thwarted every attempt she had made to push their relationship and she could still see the distance in his eyes when he looked at William and she was quickly running out of ideas.

She heard the phone ring but ignored it fazing out the annoying ringing, lost in thought. The only people she ever wanted to talk to would phone her cell not the house phone so she knew it wouldn’t be important. She was so lost in thought she didn’t even notice Spike was behind her until she felt his breathe on her neck.
She spun around smacked into his solid chest. She looked up at him smiling thinking that maybe he had finally given in to his frustrations. She stared at him and give him her best lust filled look but she quickly noticed the look in his eye and frowned.


“What’s the matter my prince?” Drusilla cooed, she could see the anger in his eyes and despite the irritation she felt she knew she had to stay on his good side so she went for the sympathetic voice. She shifted slightly when he continued to just stare at her not even blinking and she felt a flicker of fear when she saw him raise clenched fist up in the air as if to punch her. She backed as far away as possible which wasn’t far as she was cornered into the kitchen sink and stared at him in confusion when he just stood there with a raised fist.

“Spike…”

“Your lucky im not a bastard because that’s the only thing that’s keeping this fist from flying so far up your ass it comes out of your fucking mouth.”
The quietly spoken threat made Dru wince and she wondered what had happened to provoke such a strong reaction from him. Lately even when he was pissed off that’s all he did was sit there moping but now she could see the boiling rage flickering in his eyes and she knew she was in trouble.

“The doctor just called.” Spike said as if that explained everything.
Drusilla frowned and looked up at him strangely.
“First of all threaten me like that again and I swear every newspaper in the world will have a story of how you’re a wife beater plastered all over their front page and second what doctor?” Drusilla asked coldly.

“Do you think im stupid? You thought I was just staying with you solely because you said that kid was mine?” Spike scoffed.

Drusilla’s eyes widened and she suddenly felt very nervous.
“As soon as I got off that damn boat I took the kid to the doctors and I had to wait eight fucking weeks just to find out he’s not even fucking mine!” He screamed all his rage, hurt and complete helplessness that he had felt over being kept away from Buffy for so long finally boiling over as he picked up a stupid glass vase off the counter and threw it into the wall behind Drusilla’s head. She ducked down as the glass completely exploded spraying glass everywhere. She stared at him in utter surprise.

The Spike she knew was completely devoted to her. He would never even dream of talking in a disrespectful tone to her never mind scream at her, threaten her and throw things in a rage. And since this was no longer her Spike she had no idea what to do to keep him.
“of course he’s yours.” Drusilla tried hopelessly not knowing what else to say.

“He’s fucking not! The tests just confirmed it!” Spike laughed hysterically.
Drusilla finally felt something snap and she give up.
“Fine it’s not yours…what can I say you just weren’t doing it for me.” She snapped nastily hoping that by insulting him she’d break him back down to the wimp he used to have been. Sadly she was wrong.

“Oh how you wound me!” Spike said sarcastically.
“You think I give a damn! The only thing that kept me here was him not you. I couldn’t give a shit what the fuck you think and if you thought you’d hurt me by insulting my bedroom skill believe me that wont work!” Spike laughed and didn’t even bother giving Dru another minute of his time, he practically ran upstairs shoving a suitcase onto his bed and throwing every piece of clothing he could find not caring about folding them at all he needed to get out of this house.

“Spike wait! You cant just leave!” Drusilla cried.
“Watch me.” Spike laughed hunting for his shoes.
“You leave this house and I swear every newspaper in the world will have your face on it with dead beat dad stamped across it!” Drusilla threatened

Before she really knew what had happened Spike rushed her shoving her against the wall and holding his arm to her throat. Her eyes widened and she stared at him in shock.
“Why the fuck do you even want me to stay!? You don’t love me! So what the fuck are you playing at.” Spike growled.

“because I need you!” Dru said desperately.
Spike stepped back and stared down at her in confusion.
“Without you my image is ruined. My entire image is built on the fact that I am a family woman Spike…you cant just leave me.” She sighed giving him her pity eyes.

Spike just gaped at her and shook his head in disbelief at just how messed up this woman he had used to adore was. She didn’t even know that something was wrong with her.
“You need help Dru.” He said sadly before grabbing his suitcase and leaving the room. As he closed the door behind him he heard the thud as she fell to the floor and her sobs echoed through the door.

He shook his head sadly and sighed before making his way outside but before he made it down the stairs he turned to look at the blue door near him. He dropped his bags and headed into the nursery staring down at baby William as he slept peacefully in his crib. Even if he wasn’t his, the kid was still the innocent one in this and he ran a finger softly down the side of his face.
“See ya later kiddo…i wish you didnt have to stay with that psycho. Maybe I’ll see you again.” He smiled before placing a soft kiss on his head.

He walked down the huge driveway and grinned when he saw all the paparazzi standing there snapping photos and yelling to him.

Here we go…guess I aint gunna be keeping the fact im leaving her secret.

“Mr Reynolds!! What are you doing!?”
“Where’s Drusilla?”
“How’s the baby!?”
“What’s it like being back?”
“Where are you going?”
Spike turned and grinned to the man who had asked the final question.

“im going home.”

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“Xander can you get the door!”
Willow continued to rub her hair with the towel and sighed when the doorbell went once again. She cursed Xander under her breath and made her way down stairs in her pyjamas trying to comb the knots out of her wet hair. Her and Xander had bought a house as soon as they had arrived back in America and with all the interviews, advertisement deals and the many other offers that were thrown at them left right and centre they had bought a dream house and the best thing about it was Gunn and Fred had bought a house just two doors down.

Somehow all of the people from the plane had seemed to feel weird about not seeing each other again and every one except Spike, who had moved back in with Drusilla on the other side of the country had bought houses within an hour driving distance of each other, none of them really willing to give up their new found friendships. Willow opened the door and her jaw hit the floor when she saw Spike standing there awkwardly.

“Spike?!”
“The one and only.” He grinned shyly.
Willow smiled back and stepped forward wrapping him up in a tight hug.
“It feels like I haven’t seen you for ages.” Willow smiled gesturing for him to enter.

“Yeah two months…almost three.” Spike nodded taking a seat on the couch and smiling when he spotted a photograph of Xander and Willow grinning at each other with an Elvis impersonator standing next them.
Spike’s eyes immediately snapped to Willow's hand and his eyes widened when he saw the ring shining from her finger. He looked up at her in surprise and she smiled at him.
“We were in Vegas and thought what the hell.” She explained grinning happily.

“Congratulations luv.” He said into her ear as he hugged her.
“thanks….so how’s it going with you?” Willow asked curiously.
“urm…actually that’s why im here. Do you know where Buffy is?” he asked not meeting her eyes. When she didn’t respond he looked up and saw the look of pity on her face.
“Im sorry Spike I promised her I wouldn’t tell.” Willow sighed.
“But…she loves me…I know she does.” Spike said desperately.

“Yeah maybe…but you hurt her Spike. Beyond what you even think you did.” Willow sighed patting him on the arm.
“Look I know I was an ass and I lied to her but…I love her Willow…I need to make it right. I need her.” He spoke with such a broken voice that it made Willow ache a little.
“I thought you were living with Dru? I assumed you and her were making a go of it?" Willow sighed allready knowing that the blonde in front of her only had eyes for a Buffy.

“We weren’t together…I mean we are still technically married but since Buffy…I only stayed cause of the little nipper.” he sighed running a hand through his hair.
“Well why aren’t you there now?”
“He isn’t mine.” He replied simply.
“oh.”

Willow didn’t know how else to respond and she sat there nervously biting her lip.
“Look Willow, you’ve got to tell me where she is. Please? I am begging you.” He implored staring into her eyes with his tear filled blue ones and Willow had to look away not being able to deal with the intensity of the emotions in them.
The silence was broken when loud voices sounded from the hallway and Willows eyes widened comically when she heard Buffy’s distinctive laughter drawing nearer. Spike was out of his chair in an instant and practically bolted towards the living room door only to be blocked by Willow.

He looked down and saw the pleading look she had in her eyes as she held up a finger to keep him from protesting. Spike was about to call to Buffy but knew he couldn’t refuse Willow and he sighed in defeat sitting back down in defeat gesturing for Willow to do as she wanted. Willow smiled her thanks and ran out into the hallway coming face to face with a smiling Buffy and Xander.
“Hey Will we got the movies and the candy and the other yummy treats” Buffy grinned gesturing to the many bags Xander was laden with. Her grin slipped slightly when she saw the panicked look in Willows eyes and she frowned when she saw her friend casting nervous glances to the door behind her.

“Will what’s the matter?” Buffy asked suspiciously.
“Nothing, nothings the matter look why don’t you guys go take the stuff into the kitchen huh that’s a good idea yes?” Willow chuckled nervously nodding her head frantically. Buffy was amused by her friends antics and looked at the door curiously.
“Nahh I wanna see what your hiding.” Buffy laughed moving to push past Willow who looked to Xander for help. Xander unfortunately missed his wife’s look and grinned, wondering what was behind the door.
Buffy pushed the door open and stepped into the room her huge beaming smile fell from her face however when she saw who was sitting there.

“Hello luv.”
Chapter 21 by Kirst
“oh shit!” Xander gasped from behind Buffy and turned shocked eyes to Willow.
“Why didn’t you say he was here!?” Xander said incredously.
“Well I tried to stop you!” Willow defended herself crossing her arms and giving Xander her resolve face which he immediately surrendered too. The couple were so busy talking to each other that they hadn’t realised that the other two people in the room was still standing there in silence. Willow give Buffy an apologetic look before ducking out of the room, Xander right behind her.

Buffy and Spike stood there in silence neither able to find their voices and Buffy shifted uncomfortably as Spike continued to stare at her very swollen stomach with a blank look on his face. Buffy shifted even more as he continued to stare and she placed a hand on her belly in a defensive move. Spike snapped out of his stupor and looked up into

Buffy’s face, seeing the fear and uncertainty in her eyes made him want to smack himself and he opened his mouth to try to stay something but nothing came out.

“hello Spike.” Buffy greeted quietly. When that’s all Spike did was nod at her she sighed and moved to sit on a chair opposite the couch which Spike fell back onto.
“Spike what are you doing here?” She asked, which finally snapped Spike into the now.
“What am I doing here? I came looking for you obviously!” He said with a furrowed brow.
“Oh.”

“Your pregnant.” Spike said quietly again, his eyes going back to her stomach.
“good observation skills.” Buffy said sarcastically
“Is it-”
“Where’s Drusilla?” Buffy interrupted.
“I don’t know, we’re getting divorced.” Spike told her seeing the smile form on her face which she quickly hid.
Buffy did a little dance in her head and hid her smirk before looking back up at him.
“Im sorry.”

“Im not. She’s a crazy bitch.” Spike shrugged.
“Then why did you marry her?”
“She was a different person back then…look Buffy lets not avoid the important things here…Your pregnant.” He repeated still trying to get the information to sink in.
“You don’t class your marriage and your son as important?” Buffy asked with a raised eyebrow ignoring his reference to her pregnancy.

“He’s not mine Buffy. I told you I was waiting for the results of the paternity test and they finally came back. As soon as I got them I left. I love you Buffy not her.” He said sincerely moving forward so he was now sitting on the coffee table in front of her.

Buffy turned her head away and closed her eyes trying to gather her thoughts but she had so many she could barely make sense of herself and she turned back to look at him with a lost expression on her face.
“What do you expect me to say?” She sighed sadly.

“To say you forgive me,” Spike suggested hopefully.
She laughed softly as he gave her his best charming smile and he grinned in response happy that he had made her laugh. He looked down at her stomach and without thinking about it he placed his hand on her belly tilting his head as he seemed to study the rounded bump under his hand. Buffy stared at his face seeing the awe, desperation and fear in his eyes she sighed. How can one set of eyes display so much emotion.

“So how far along are you?” he gulped. It still didn’t seem real and he was waiting for the shock to fade to know whether he’d freak out or not.
“25 weeks.” Buffy answered placing her own hand on her belly next to Spike’s.
“Why didn’t you tell me?” He asked a little bit of anger seeping into his voice.

“Because you were busy with your other baby.” She snapped back giving him a look that clearly said I dare you to judge me. Spike held up his hand in surrender and nodded.
“touché.”
“it is mine right?” Spike asked stupidly.
“No its Giles’s.” Buffy rolled her eyes mockingly.
“Just checking…had a lot of lies thrown at me lately.” Spike sighed referring to Drusilla.

“Join the club.” Buffy said dryly giving him her raised eyebrow look and he nodded his head in acknowledgement and gave her his guilty eyes.
“Im sorry Buffy. I swear I never thought we’d get off that island and even if we did I always planned to stay with you its just…when Dru said the baby was mine I was blown out of the water you know? I never had a dad and I didn’t want that for the kid so I had to know whether he was mine or not, you understand right?” Spike asked hopefully.

“I understand…it took me awhile and a hell of a lot of thinking but yeah…I understand” Buffy sighed giving him a tight smile. Spike felt his stomach flutter happily that she accepted his apology and without thinking he leant in to kiss her. She moved her head out of the way however leaning back into the couch and looking at him with a frown.
“just cause I understand doesn’t mean everything’s perfect again.” Buffy mumbled.

“Yeah…of course im sorry…again.” Spike laughed nervously.
“Look maybe you should go, give us both time to think.” Buffy said wisely standing up and nodding to the door.
“When did you get so wise?” Spike smiled at her warmly.
“The wonders of therapy.” Buffy joked.
“You go to a therapist?” Spike asked in surprise.
“Yep…helps me out a lot turns out I had a lot of anger…mostly at you but im doing really good now.” Buffy said as she walked him to the door.
“So….” Spike trailed off looking out into the street and then back at Buffy.

“Here’s my number Spike. We have a lot of talking to do.” She said with a hint of sadness in her voice.
“cant we just jump straight to the kissing.” Spike joked.
“Nope.” Buffy grinned shaking her head and watching as he made his way back down Willow’s garden path. He stopped suddenly and turned around to face her.
“Im not going anywhere you know. Im staying at a hotel nearby Paradise Springs…if you need me just call…I’ll be there.” He smiled shyly.
Buffy nodded silently willing herself not to cry.

Damn the hormones.

“I love you…and im planning on reminding you of that.” Spike finished before heading off down the street. Buffy didn’t look away not even after he had disappeared from sight

* ** * * * ** ** * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * *

“oh my god oh my god oh my god.”

Spike paced back and forth his hotel room nervously staring at the floor as his mind worked a mile a minute.
Buffy is pregnant…with my baby!
Its funny how less than three months ago when his wife had told him he was a father he was filled with dread but now that Buffy his…well he didn’t know what she was to him anymore…had announced she was pregnant he was filled with nothing but shock and excitement. She had never looked more beautiful and it was impossible to get rid of the image of Buffy standing there her belly swollen with the life of his kid. A sappy grin stretched his face and he flopped backwards onto his bed laughing out loud to himself.
“Things are looking up buddy.” Spike grinned to himself.

The ringing of his phone pulled him out of his thoughts of Buffy cradling a cute little bundle and he leapt at the phone excitedly.
“hello?”
“hey,” Buffy’s voice sounded down the line.
“Its good to hear your voice luv.” Spike smiled happily.
“We only talked like four hours ago.” Buffy laughed.
“Yep but every second im away from you seems ages.” Spike sighed.

Buffy smiled faintly and traced the pattern of Willows wallpaper nervously.
“Buffy? You there?”
“Spike…”
“Buffy what is it?”
“Okay urm….look I kind of missed my last scan and so I have a doctors appointment and well….I thought maybe…you’d want to come? We can go have lunch or something after…talk maybe?” Buffy managed to stammer out banging her head against the wall ignoring Willow and Fred who was standing next to her making hand movements and mouthing things to guide her through the conversation.

“really!? I’d love to! When is it?” Spike asked excitedly.
Buffy couldn’t help but smile when she heard the excitement in Spikes voice and Willow and Fred’s antics ceased when they both saw the smile on Buffy’s face.

Their friend had improved greatly in the last two months but they both had missed this happy look on Buffy’s face and if Spike was the one who put it there then who were they to complain and they both grinned at each other wrapping each other in a hug, happy that Buffy’s life was finally coming together.

“Its tomorrow my appointment is at 10” Buffy replied.
“Okay I’ll come pick you up. Why didn’t you tell me this today?” Spike asked curiously.
“Well you kind of threw me for a loop Spike. I didn’t expect to see you again and I was in shock I guess.”
“Yeah…I understand that.” Spike laughed.

“kay urm this is my adress okay 110 Craford Street,” She told him her adress hearing him shuffling about on the end of the line to get a pen to write it down.
“Yep okay I got it.that’s near Willows right?” Spike asked frowning down at the paper.

“Yeah just down the road.” Buffy informed him ducking her head even though she knew he could see her.
“Well im gunna go.” Buffy said awkwardly.
“Okay goodnight sweetheart.” Spike smiled.
“night.” Buffy squeaked nervously before putting the phone down. She stared at the phone for a few seconds before turning to face a grinning Fred and Willow.

* * * * * * * * * ** ** * * ** *** ** *

Buffy sat on her couch staring at the clock on the wall nervously almost jumping out of her seat every time a second flicked by. She fiddled with the hem sleeve of the top she was wearing and bit her lip nervously and when Willow came in from the kitchen she couldn’t help but laugh.
“Jesus Buffy you look as if your waiting for the end of the world.” Willow chuckled plopping down besides her and taking a long sip of her coffee.

“Well who knows aint it…last time I saw him and not counting yesterday it did feel like the end of the world.” Buffy sighed.
“Aw come on Buff your stronger than that now remember? You got a baby on the way that is gunna be so adorable and spoiled its scary, you got a lovely apartment and Spike, the guy of your dreams has just come whizzing back into your life freshly divorced! What more can a girl ask for.” Willow grinned.

“He’s not divorced yet Will….jeesh it does take some time you know.” Buffy laughed.
“That’s not the point. The point is he left her and now he’s come looking for what he really wants…you.” Willow said seriously and smiled when she saw the shy smile appear on Buffy’s face.

“You think so?” Buffy said nervously.
“Buffy…guaranteed you two will be back top form by the time that baby is born.” Willow smiled patting her stomach.
“I don’t know….we got a lot of issues to deal with….seriously large-Ohmygod he’s here.” Buffy squeaked jumping up from her seat and whizzing to the door.
Willow just grinned after.

Spike gulped noisily as he stepped up to the front door of the beautiful house in front of him.
“Come on you ponce…just bloody knock.” He mumbled to himself wrapping his knuckles on the door and waiting nervously with his eyes cast at the floor. For some reason all his bravado had fled and he was suddenly very nervous of the fact he was going to be spending the day alone with Buffy.

He was so busy, lost in his thoughts of Buffy he didn’t even notice that she had opened the door until a wave of vanilla teased his nostrils and he looked up his breath catching in his throat at the sight before him.
She was just breathtaking. She wore a simple white dress that came up to her knees and wore faded blue jeans beneath it. It was so casual yet at the same time he couldn’t imagine her looking better she simply looked stunning.

“You look beautiful luv, effulgent.” Spike blurted out and turned bright red when he realised what he had said.
Buffy grinned and seeing the redness creep up his neck and along his cheeks she realised she had really missed this cute adorable side of Spike that he rarely le show.
“Thanks…im going to pretend that I know what effulgent means by the way.”” She joked gesturing for him to come in. He walked in and smiled at how easy things felt unaware that Buffy was thinking the same thing.

Its like we never broke up…damn it why cant I be angry at him.

Buffy fumed at herself internally before letting her happiness come flooding back and gesturing Spike to enter the living room. When he noticed Willow sitting there he flashed them both a cheeky smile and raised an eyebrow.

“There’s something your not telling me? You two are together aint you?…not that I’d complain about that.” Spike smiled his face taking on a dreamy look as his mind wandered to images of the blonde and the red head. Buffy whacked him in the chest and gave him her best indignant look while Willow give him her shocked face.
“Eww! Mind in the gutter much? I am a married woman and ewww she’s all…pregnant.” Willow laughed gesturing to her friends stomach.

“Gee thanks for the vote of confidence Will” Buffy snorted.
“I think you look better than ever pet.” Spike smiled.
“yeah right enough smooth talk outta you. Im gunna go get my bag then we can go.” Buffy said as she scurried from the room. As soon as she left Willow sat up ram rod straight and turned to Spike with her threatening face on.

“Buffy’s my friend. Buffy’s my best friend. Its pretty clear that she loves you and I know you can be a great guy but I swear to all that is good and holy….if you ever pull any crap…if you so much as lie to her about anything again I want you to know I have a beautiful shovel out my back yard that’s just the right size to smash in your skull.” She said in a quiet voice.
Spikes eyes widened in fear and he nodded vigorously not losing eye contact with the scary red head the next second however her easy going smile came back and her eyes sparkled with merriment again.

“Okay go have fun.” She smiled happily watching as Buffy led the way out to Spikes car with Spike in tow stumbling on his way out due to the fact he kept his eyes trained on Willow, his mouth still in a perfect o of shock.
Chapter 22 by Kirst
“Good morning my names Doctor Getlman…So how are we doing today?” The doctor smiled warmly at Buffy as he took a seat next to her.

“Im good, im about to pee all over your lovely paper sheet though.” Buffy joked earning a deep chuckle from the doctor. She noticed that Spike was being really quiet and she turned to the side to look at him. Seeing the nervousness on his face she smiled reassuringly at him and gave his hand a squeeze. Spike looked down at where her hand rested on his and immediately relaxed, he smiled back at her in thanks for putting him at ease before turning his attention back to the doctor.

“And urm…you are…” The doctor trailed off looking at Spike.
He didn’t want to make assumptions the last time he had done that he had promptly got a lecture from the woman on his table about assumptions.
“This is William. He’s the father.” Buffy informed him.
“Very nice to meet you William.” The doctor smiled at Spike who nodded in response to nervous to talk.

Jesus what’s wrong with me!?

Spike felt his stomach do its thirtieth flip and he rubbed the sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand. He had never been more nervous in his life and he was pretty sure that it would be him peeing not Buffy.

“Okay well lets get started then is it?” Doctor Getlman said rubbing the cold liquid onto Buffy’s belly which she promptly gasped at. The scanner was placed over her stomach and Spike watched in fascination as the doctor swiped the scanner over her stomach searching for the baby. Spike’s eyes were glued to the tiny monitor that was near the doctors side and when a fuzzy black and white image came up on the screen.

Spike sucked in a breath and stared in awe at the image on the screen. He looked down as he felt a tugging on his arm and he stared at his and Buffy’s joined hands before travelling up to Buffy smiling face.
“Are you okay sweetie?” Buffy asked a little nervously.
“Never felt better in my entire life.” Spike replied honestly.
The doctor smiled at the couple, it was rare to see a couple so…lost…in each other. He coughed to get their attention and almost felt guilty for interrupting the obviously deep connection they had.

“Well the babies are-”
“Woah stop….babies? As in more than one?” Buffy asked in shock.
“Well yes…didn’t you find out at the last appointment?” The doctor asked frowning.
“NO! I am sure i'd remember them telling me about two babies!” Buffy said shrilly still in panic mode.

“Well, this does happen I suppose but it’s rare…surely the doctor would have heard the two heart beats? Who scanned you?” The doctor questioned.
“urm Doctor Richards.” Buffy replied.
“Well I shall talk to him but there are definitely two…look here’s one and here’s the other.” The doctor said pointing to the shapes of the two babies. Buffy was too shocked to say anything and just stared at the screen in panic. Two! That’s two!

“Do you want to know the sex?” The doctor asked quietly hoping to keep the young woman calm.
“uhh Spike?” Buffy asked looking to Spike for his opinion.
“Its up to you luv. I wouldn’t mind a surprise to be honest.” Spike answered.
The doctor nodded in understanding and left the room giving the couple some privacy for a bit.

Buffy just lay there still staring at the now black screen. She was pulled out of her worrying when Spike came into her line of vision, sitting on the end of her bed.
“Buffy luv? Are you okay?” Spike asked worriedly.
“Well…im shocked…no not shocked…freaked!” Buffy stated calmly but Spike could see the honest panic in her eyes.
“Buffy its gunna be okay sweetheart.” Spike reassured her holding her hand as it rested over her stomach.

“How’s it gunna be okay…i’ve only just started to look after myself properly and now I got to try to bring up two babies by myself.” Buffy squeaked not registering what she was saying before it was out. Spike flinched slightly at the words but didn’t move away instead he moved even closer forcing her head up to look at him.
“Your not gunna be alone in this…im here Buffy…every step of the way. I'd move in with you tomorrow if I could!” Spike joked lamely getting a smile for his efforts.
“Of course Spike…im sorry I didn’t mean…”

“Its okay luv. Now are we gonna go get some lunch or not?” Spike grinned helping her down off the table.
“oh yeah lunch is a certain but I need to go to the toilet first otherwise im gunna have to go home and change these pants.” Buffy said seriously walking out of the door quickly, Spike following behind laughing.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“And then Xander started crying and it was just….well it was the most beautiful wedding ever…even if it was performed by Elvis.” Buffy laughed through her mouthful of steak.
“Well I guess i’ve missed a lot huh.” Spike laughed shaking his head in disbelief that Xander and Willow were married.
“Yep everyone’s still really close and we all get together once every week which just so happens to be tomorrow.” Buffy smiled.
“Room for one more?”
“Yep you can squeeze in.” Buffy nodded.

They lapsed into silence for a bit while they both continued eating. Spike was looking down at his fries so he didn’t notice when Buffy suddenly stopped eating. She studied him as he eat with a frown on her face.

“Don’t you think its weird that im not across the table throttling you?” She blurted out surprising both Spike and herself.
He looked up at her with a thoughtful look and slowly nodded.
“Truth was I expected a mouth full off Red a slap off you and see ya later as the door closed. I never expected this at all.” Spike gestured to her protruding stomach.
“And I certainly didn’t expect you to allow me to be involved.” Spike smiled gratefully at her.

“Of course….couldn’t exactly leave you out of your babies lives could I.” Buffy sighed.
“So is that why your being nice to me? Because you think you have to?” Spike asked a the worry in his voice was obvious and Buffy put her hand on top of his on the table and smiled at him.

“No. Of course not Spike, if I still hated you I wouldn’t let you anywhere near me.” Buffy chuckled easing the tension a little bit.
“You hated me?”
Buffy sighed and moved her hand back into her lap again and slumped back against the chair.
“So im guessing this is the talk right? Getting everything out talk?” Buffy asked.
“Looks like.”

“Okay….yes I hated you but can you blame me! How would you have felt if you found out that I was married and had a baby.” Buffy asked pointedly.
“Yeah I understand I’d be devastated but pet….me and Dru was broken up way before we crashed.” Spike sighed.
“But you was going back to her…and then when we got off the island you told me that you might have stayed with her….I wasn’t gunna just hang around and see whether you wanted me or not Spike…that’s not how loves supposed to work.” Buffy said evenly proud that she didn’t feel the hate and resentment that she had felt when she spoke of him and Dru before.

“Im sorry.” Spike said quietly.
“I know…im kinda sorry too for not telling you about the whole pregnant thing before I left.” Buffy said laying a hand on her belly.
“So we’re good now yeah?” Spike asked a sudden smile appearing on his face.

“Yeah we are of the good.” Buffy smiled back.
“Good now….will you go out with me?”
Buffy stared at Spike in surprise and she was sure her eyes would pop out any minute while he just sat there grinning ear from ear.
“Boy…you move fast.”

“Yeah well when I know what I want I tend to go after it and I don’t want anyone to come between me and you and the babies.” Spike smiled.
“I…well…what do you mean go out?” Buffy asked unsurely.
“Dating pet. We can start from scratch if you want. Get you to trust me again.” Spike smiled sincerely.
Buffy thought about it for a minute and was surprised at herself by how quickly she settled on her answer.
“Id love to start dating you.” She smiled.
“Wow that sounds so weird…you just agreed to our first date while your six months pregnant.” Spike chuckled.

“I know…might not be a very fun person to date just to let you know….im hormonal, tired and getting some action in the next three months is out.” Buffy joked.
“We’ll see.” Spike smirked ducking as she threw her napkin at him.

“so where we going for our first date?” Buffy asked feeling excited.
“Well we're going to that thing tomorrow right? Where is it by the way?” Spike asked.
“Oh of course almost forgot! Its at Willow’s everyone usually shows up at around six there’s movies, food it’s a fun thing.” Buffy said as she started to eat once again.
“Okay so how about we go out on Saturday?” Spike asked feeling a bit nervous which was ridiculous since they had shagged like bunnies for about four months and she had already agreed to go out with him.

“Sure. Where are you taking me?” Buffy asked leaning in excitedly.
“Not telling be a surprise wont it.” Spike smiled as Buffy sat back with a huff. When she actually crossed her arms and pouted he almost chocked on his food.

God she was adorable.
Chapter 23 by Kirst
Author's Notes:
Thanks for all the great reviews guys:D
Buffy sat at her kitchen table going through her mail and drinking her morning cup of tea when the phone started to ring, without looking she leant across and answered.

“Hello.”
“Buffy?”
“Hey Wills!” Buffy grinned cradling the phone between her ear and shoulder as she drank.
“You didn’t call me about the doctors!” Willow admonished tutting down the phone.

“Im sorry I kinda got caught up and I didn’t think.” Buffy apologised feeling guilty for first taking Spike to the appointment instead of Willow who had come to all of her others but for forgetting to call her.
“So everything okay? The baby is doing okay?” Willow asked her excitement bubbling over so her voice came out squeaky.
“Yeah everything’s fine although there is something…”
“What what is it?!” Willow asked worriedly.
“Im nit having one baby…im having two.”

“Willow?”
“Willow!!”

Buffy stared at the phone and then pressed it back to her ear again but there was still dead silence on the other end. She rolled her eyes and laughed into the phone.
“Jesus Will its not that serious.”
“Not that serious! Your having two babies!! TWO!” Willow yelped.

“Kay Will if any of us should be freaking out its me and im not…im happy…now I got two little cuties to spoil.” Buffy said sappily.
“No I mean yeah that’s good it means I get to be an auntie twice! Im all on board here its just…its twice the amount of work.” Willow said as if warning her friend of something she didn’t know.

“Yeah I know but I’ll be fine people do it all the time and I have Spike now.” Buffy shrugged a smile forming on her lips as thoughts of Spike drifted back into her mind.
“Wow…he must be good. You’ve already got your dreamy voice back.” Willow teased.
“Oh haha. Ooo I almost forgot! Its okay for Spike to come to our get together today right?” Buffy asked casually.
“Of course.” Willow laughed.
“Okay well I guess I’ll see you later bye!” Buffy hung up the phone and went back to her thoughts of a certain bleached wonder.


Spike stood nervously outside Willows front door, shifting his feet uncomfortably as time seemed to drag by as he waited for someone to open the door. He was downright terrified and the butterflies in his stomach wasn’t making things any easer.

Willow, Xander and Buffy were the only ones who he had seen and yeah they’d welcome him but the others? Well safe to say he was nervous and he sucked in a deep breath as the door was opened revealing a grinning Xander.

“Sorry I took so long to answer the door. We all had a bet on to see if you’d run away before I answered.” Xander laughed and a smile burst on to Spikes face. The ice was well and truly broken and he walked into the living room smiling at everyone who had been in the crash. Fred was the first to approach him and she immediately opened her arms welcoming into a hug.

“nice to see you again Spike.” Fred whispered in his ear before being moved on as everyone else stood to greet the friend they hadn’t seen in months.
Buffy stood off to the side, near the door to the kitchen smiling softly at the look of contentment on Spike's face as he was accepted without a seconds hesitation by the group. While he was being hugged by Anya he looked up over her shoulder and his eyes stared right into hers pining her to the spot.
She stared back before smiling at him which he returned, turning to say something to Anya before making his way across the room to Buffy. His smile grew the closer he got and she raised an eyebrow as he opened his arms wide.
“Don’t I get a hug?” He asked adorably.
“Welcome back Spike.” She smiled moving into his arms and resting her head against his chest sweetly. The rest of the group all stared at the couple before them before casting looks at each other all of them conveying their thoughts on the reunion of the couple.

About damn time.

“Wait so your having twins!” Fred gasped in shock only just hearing the news.
Buffy nodded taking a sip of her cherry cola and looking up at Spike who was standing next to her smiling and nodding his head vigorously.

“yep two which means we can both name one each.” Spike smiled placing a soft kiss on Buffy’s forehead that caused her entire body to tinge pink. Fred chuckled at the sight of her beetroot friend before replying.
“Well im definitely glad we’re off the island now. Two babies!” Fred laughed.
“What are they?” Angel asked from his place on the couch.
“Humans honey.” Anya sighed rolling her eyes and placing a hand on Angel's thigh.

“I think he meant boy or girl Anya.” Buffy laughed.
“Oh…of course sorry for mistaking you for being stupid sweetie.” Anya apologised kissing Angel on the cheek.
“Wow! You two are together?” Spike asked in utter shock staring between the two on the couch.
“Yeah ever since we got home.” Anya smiled widely.
“What about your fiancé?” Spike asked with a raised brow.
“Well…I kinda broke it off…I love Anya.” Angel replied sheepishly which Anya beamed at.
“Wow…and there I was thinking you were after my girl.” Spike chuckled.
“What?” Buffy asked turning incredulous eyes to Spike.
“What! Only to begin with I don’t anymore obviously.” Spike replied.

“Yep only at the beginning Her gave me the whole stay away talk when we went on that hike.” Angel laughed.
“Learn something new everyday I guess.” Buffy laughed giving Spike her smug face before ducking away from him as he went to tickle her.

“Well tonight was fun.” Spike said softly as he walked Buffy to her door.
“yeah it always is. Im glad you could come Spike, And thanks for driving me home.” She smiled at him stopping at her door and turning to face him.
“My pleasure luv.” Spike replied honestly.

The both stood there in silence and Spike couldn’t really stand it much longer so he leant in quickly pressing his lips against hers for a second before pulling back again.
“Oh balls to that.” He muttered before moving forward again and kissing her like he really wanted to. Buffy melted into him closing her eyes in absolute bliss.

She had missed his kisses so much and she wrapped her arms around his neck as if anchoring him to her. Spike was in heaven and smoothed hands down her back reassuring himself that she was there and in his arms. The kiss seemed to go on forever until Spike jumped back staring down at Buffy’s stomach. She giggled at the shocked look on his face and placed her hand onto her bump.

“Spike don’t worry. It was just the baby kicking…well one of them” She smiled at the look of awe that washed over his face and he looked back at her face with a goofy grin.
“He’s gunna play for Manchester.” Spike grinned moving forward once more.
“Goodnight luv. good night babies.” He kissed Buffy on the lips and left two fleeting kisses to her belly before turning and striding back to his car.
“See you Saturday luv.” he grinned before pulling off.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * *

When Spike got back to his motel he flopped down onto his bed way to excited to sleep. Tonight had been amazing and he couldn’t for the life of him stop grinning so when his cell rang he couldn’t help but lunge for it happily thinking it was Buffy.
“Hey sweetie.”

“Okay when did you start answering your phone like that.”
Spike frowned when he heard the voice that was definitely not Buffy and blushed in embarrassment.
“uh..sorry I thought you were someone else.” Spike mumbled.
“Yeah okay whatever its harmony. You know remember me right blondie bear?”
Spike rolled his eyes and flopped onto his back.
“How could I forget you.” Spike sighed thinking of the Barbie doll clone who had chased after him for months when Drusilla had first hired her.

“Awww that’s so sweetie.” She cooed mistaking his words for a compliment.
“So what are you calling me for Harmony? Is it about the divorce papers? I sent them a week ago.”
“Yes we got them well done on effectively pissing Dru off by the way. She’s made my life nothing but hell since you left. I’ve barely had time for a manicure because i’ve been forced to keep you guys splitting a secret.” Harmony groaned.

“Yeah well announce it to the world for all I care.”
“Actually that’s why im calling. It turns out that someone found out your getting divorced and Drusilla’s doing an interview with a paper as we speak so it will be ready for tomorrow’s issue and she’s going to tell everyone you left her and the baby for that Buffy girl.”
Spike sat up at that and stared at the wall with his mouth open in shock.

“No way she can’t fucking do that!”
“She can and she’s going to.”
“Im not letting those vultures bad mouth Buffy…what can I do?” Spike asked worriedly.
“Look you should really do your own interview. Everyone’s gunna want the full story on this so I suggest you go on TV or maybe a magazine interview and set the record straight.” Harmony advised.

“And what if no one believes me?” Spike asked worriedly biting his lip.
“Oh I wouldn’t worry about that…after you do your interview someone... I cant name names but someone is going to leak a few videos and pictures of the looney tune doing some very questionable acts to the papers and I have a feeling people will be turning to your side.” Harmony smiled evilly.
“Why are you helping me anyway?” Spike asked suspiciously.
“Look Drusilla is a grade A bitch I hate working for her and well I always thought we had a connection.” Harmony giggled as she played with her hair.

“Uh…yeah course…thanks for the advice Harm…listen…how is the tyke anyway?” Spike asked.
“William! Oh he’s doing great Dru never sees him though. He’s mostly with his nanny or me .” Harmony huffed the last part obviously she didn’t enjoy the babysitting part of her job..
“Wait. What will happen to William then?” Spike asked worriedly.

“Dru’s parents. They’ve been trying to take him away from her since you left but she wont let them and they're planning to go to court to get custody over him.”
“Wow…you really planned this through haven’t you?” Spike chuckled.
“Oh yeah I may not be able to understand science or english and stuff but I can sure as hell plan a persons downfall.”
Chapter 24 by Kirst
The next morning Buffy woke up to a loud knock at the door. She yawned loudly and looked at the alarm clock on her bedside table groaning when she saw it was eight o’clock. She threw on a robe and stormed to the door ready to give whoever it was a piece of her mind which is why she was so shocked when she opened the door to see Spike grinning at her.

Spike's eyes drifted over her baby blue hot pants tight white tank which was stretched over her stomach and the pale silk robe she was wearing with a raised eyebrow.
“Do you usually open the door dressed like that?” Spike asked.

“What’s wrong with it?” She snapped.
“Nothing just don’t want the postman to be able to see my girl like this.” He smiled watching as her anger evaporated and her glare was replaced by a gentle smile.
“Wow…well done usually it takes Willow all day to get me out of that kind of mood.” Buffy smiled opening the door wider for him to step inside. He walked straight into the kitchen, threw a bunch of newspapers onto the kitchen table and began to dig around in the fridge.

“Huh? Excuse me? What are you doing?” Buffy asked in confusion.
“I am making you breakfast why don’t you go relax have a shower or something?” Spike smiled at her kissing the tip of her nose before going in search of a frying pan effectively stopping the conversation and leaving no room for argument not that Buffy would have. She was getting more tired by the day and practically ran to the bathroom.
She was in there for over twenty minutes letting the hot water soothe out all her little aches and pains and when she stepped out, wrapping herself in a big fluffy towel she could feel all the tension slip away. She was halfway through brushing her hair when the smell hit her. She almost drooled at the smell of frying bacon and eggs and found herself padding into the kitchen her eyes landing on Spike’s back as he cooked at the stove.

“That smells so good you wouldn’t believe it.” Buffy practically moaned earning a raised eyebrow from Spike. She sat down at the table and reached for a newspaper when Spike’s hand came out of nowhere.
“don’t read those yet okay? There’s something we need to talk about before you read those okay pet?” He smiled tightly and Buffy could see the worry in his eyes.
“What?”
“nothing pet now come on and dig in.” He smiled placing the plate that was piled with Bacon and eggs with an extra plate for the toast. Buffy eagerly dug in munching her way through the food in record time while Spike sat and stared at her in astonishment.

“What? Oh wow Buffy can eat whoo hoo.” Buffy rolled her eyes pushing the now empty plate away from her.
“okay so what’s wrong?” Buffy asked looking at him with a serious look.
“Well…Drusilla’s gone to the papers luv and she…well lets just say she’s put a certain spin to her story.” Spike sighed.
“What do you mean a spin?” Buffy asked her anger already beginning to build.
“Well…lets put it this way…me and you?…we don’t come off too good.” Spike winced when he saw all the colour drain from Buffy’s face as she looked at him with barely contained rage burning in her eyes.
“pass me one of those.” She said in a quiet but deadly voice and Spike handed her one of the many trashy tabloids he had picked up and handed it to her quickly watching as she flicked through the magazine for the article which was on a two page spread.

Wonder couple split!

It emerged last night that Drusilla Rayne and her husband Spike Reynolds have separated and are now in the middle of a very messy divorce. The 27 year old actress and the 28 year old director have been married for four years and have a 7 month baby boy together. Spike Reynolds was only recently rescued from an island that the survivors of the 287 Flight from San Diego to Sydney were stranded on over a year ago, and this news has come as a shock to everyone. The couple have seemed happily content every time they have been spotted in public although Spike Reynolds has not been seen since his high profile rescue from the island. Rumours behind the split are rife but we have the true story right from the source. Mrs Drusilla Rayne released a statement last night saying this;
“I have been deeply hurt by a man I was deeply in love with and am of course devastated by the arrival of divorce papers although I should of guessed. Spike wasn’t the most caring husband and hasn’t even hugged his son since he arrived back home. I am saddened to inform the world that my marriage is over and all because of a woman I helped save.”
When we asked what Mrs Rayne meant by the end of her marriage was caused by someone se helped save we were once again shocked and can reveal that Spike Giles not only seems to be heartless, cruel man who has ran out on his family but he is also a cheat. It seems he has been involved with fellow survivor Buffy Summers. It seems they have been an item since meeting on the island and we here at Stars! Would like to say we are disgusted by how heartless Buffy Summers is to lure a once loving man away from hi-


Buffy threw the magazine onto the table and stared at it in disgust when it opened onto a huge picture of an emotional Drusilla.
“What the hell are we going to do?” Buffy asked too stunned to properly think right now. Sure she had dealt with a lot of media coverage since being rescued but it had all died down over three months ago and now there was no way she was staying out of it.
“I’ve already made some phone calls and im going to release a statement too.” Spike answered taking a hold of her hand in an effort to comfort her.
“But that doesn’t mean anyone’s going to believe you!
Everyone loves her Spike…why would they believe us?” Buffy asked her eyes begging to tear slightly. Things had been going so well and she actually felt as if her life was on track and now she had to deal with this crap.

“Because I have some help…Drusilla P.A Harmony. She’s got some serious shit on Drusilla luv. She’s gunna give me the photos and video clips later today and I can give it to whoever’s gunna interview me.” Spike explained.
Buffy just looked back down at the table with a depressed look and sighed sadly.
“Hey none of that luv okay? Things are going to be okay.” Spike smiled kissing her softly on the lips.
Buffy smiled and looked back at him some of her fear slowly melting away.

“Okay…I trust you…im guessing I shouldn’t be going out today though right?” Buffy said knowing that there were probably paparazzi every where looking for her.
“yeah I think staying in is for the best. If you don’t mine can I call Harmony and the newspaper from here? You can always be here to back me up then…to be honest I think I’ll need the help.” Spike admitted quietly.
Buffy just smiled and nodded moving forward so she was wrapped up in his warm embrace.
“I Love you pet.”
“Love you too.” She sighed smiling when she heard his gasp.


“Wait a minute so let me get this straight. She cheated on you like a dozen times and you put up with it. Then you left and the plane you were on crashed Drusilla pretended that you were still together and that the baby is yours but now you’ve found out the baby isn’t yours?” The man sat there staring at Spike in disbelief.
“Yeah pretty much.” Spike nodded.
“And you two are now expecting a baby?” The man asked with a raised brow.

“Yes.” Spike nodded again.
“And what exactly are on these tapes?” The man asked directing his question to the blonde haired woman who was standing in front of the mirror preening herself.
“Huh? What?” She asked stupidly turning away from the mirror and focusing on the reporter.
“What’s on these?” He asked holding up the various tapes and rolls of film.
“Oh! Well a few of them are Dru’s urm…personal videos if you know what I mean and then the rest are her indulging in her favourite habit.” Harmony shrugged.
“Your telling me these are videos and pictures of Drusilla Reynolds screwing around and doing drugs?” The man asked in an awe filled voice.
“Oh believe me screwing is making it sound romantic she may as well have been torturing them in those videos.” Harmony shuddered.

“So is that all?” Buffy asked from her place by the doorway of the room.
“Yes,….believe me we have enough here to fill a months worth of paper.” the man smiled following Spike as he led him to the door.
Before he walked out however he turned to look at Buffy and give her a warm smile.
“just to let you know I hope everything goes well.” He smiled nodding at Spike and walking off down the path smirking at all the reporters and paparazzi that stood on the street staring at him with envy as he walked out of the house.

Oh boy tomorrows issue is gunna be a sell out!

He grinned to himself jumping into his car and tearing off back to the office.

“Are you all right luv?” Spike asked walking up to her and taking her hand.
“Yeah im good. You think they’ll believe you?” She asked glumly.
“Buffy if there’s one thing I know about people. They love to love celebrities but the love to hate them more. As soon as this gets released im pretty sure that Drusilla will be despised…anyway she’s gunna have to answer to the police no matter what with those picture and videos.” Spike grinned at the thought of Dru being locked up.

“Ahem!” They both turned to face Harmony who was standing there giving them a pointed look.
“don’t I get a thank you?” She whined.
“Thank you harmony.” Spike said gratefully.
“Your welcome now if you excuse me I need to go find myself a new client…I saw don’t want to be tied to that psycho when all this gets uncovered. Good luck with the like…nappies and stuff.” She said brightly before also flouncing out the door.

Buffy just shook her head chuckling at the bordering on insane woman.
“So pet…guess I’d better be going.” Spike said softly wrapping her up in a tight hug. He kissed her lightly on the lips not wanting to ruin how well they were doing and he was halfway to the door when Buffy stopped him.
“Why don’t you stay for a bit? I could make dinner and we could watch some movies or something and im thinking you don’t want to go out there and get bombarded by insults.” Buffy smiled wryly referring to the many paparazzi that had managed to find her address.

“Sure i'd love to stay awhile but…”
“But what? Buffy asked a little put out by his rejection.
“Well do you have to cook dinner cant we order in?” He said in a dead serious voice.
Buffy glared at him and smacked him over the head giggling as he grinned roguishly at her.
Chapter 25 by Kirst
“Why the bloody hell did I let you pick the film?” Spike asked himself in mock disgust, munching on his pizza slice while staring in utter horror as Jennifer Anniston pranced about onscreen with a stupid ferret. Buffy just rolled her eyes and fixed her eyes back onto the movie. Laughing and awwing her way through the entire film.
They were on their third film which was by far the best in Spik'es opinion when his cell started to vibrate in his pocket. He grabbed it and flipped it open glancing down at the back of Buffy’s head which was rested against his chest but she didn’t look back at him.

“hello?”
“Hello? Spike?”
“Who is this?” Spike asked with a frown recognising the voice but not really able to place it.
“Its me…Mr Reynolds.”
Spikes eye widened when it finally clicked and his mouth formed a perfect o. He stood up not noticing Buffy flop down onto her back deep in sleep.
“Urm...hi…what can I do for you?” Spike asked nervously wondering why Dru’s dad was getting in touch with him.
“I phoned to thank you…A miss Harmony Kendal called me earlier and told me that you’ve released a statement to show our daughters more…unsavoury side.” He said darkly swirling his brandy and staring sadly at a picture of Dru as a little girl.
“Your glad i’ve told the world your daughters evil?” Spike asked in surprised.

“Look…im very sad things didn’t work out with you and Dru. Truth is I thought you’d be the one to tame her but it seems my daughters gone too far this time…and im sure that all this proof about how my daughter really is will help me gain custody of my grandson.” At that Spike could feel the happiness seep into the voice making it seem much happier.
“So your going to try for custody huh?” Spike smiled.
“Yep and with this new information my lawyers said its almost a dead certain we’ll win…Dru’s proven that she’s neglectful, a drug addict and clearly unsuitable to look after a child. I just hope William wont be hurt by all this.”
“Course not im sure little Will wont find a better home than with you two.” Spike assured.
“Thank you William…I hope so…well then I wish you happiness my boy…and congratulations on the baby.” The man chuckled when he heard the shocked gasp on the end of the line before putting the phone down.
Spike shook his head and grinned before heading back into the living room.

“Hey listen Buffy-”
Spike stopped dead and stared at the couch with the sappiest grin ever on his face. Buffy was laying there with the most angelic expression on her face and Spike's eyes welled up when his eyes landed on her rounded belly. He smiled as he approached her lifting her up and carrying her to the stairs. He found her bedroom no problem and laid her out on it before hesitating. He really didn’t want to wake her up but he didn’t want to leave her laying there in her jeans and shirt either. He sighed and kneeled next to her gently shaking her shoulder wanting to rouse her as gently as possible.
“Luv…come on pet wake up.” He said gently. He smiled when he saw her eyes drift open as she yawned, scrunching her nose up sweetly. Spike chuckled at how cute she looked and smoothed her hair softly.

“Pet you need to change into your pyjamas.”
She got to her feet slowly and stumbled to her dresser still obviously half asleep. She disappeared into the bathroom and Spike stood there awkwardly. He wasn’t sure whether he should wait for her to come back and make sure she got into bed or too just give her privacy. The decision was made for him however because by the time he made his decision to leave Buffy appeared in the doorway. his mouth went dry when he saw the tiny hot pants she was wearing and the even smaller tank top.

How can a woman with a stomach the size of a watermelon look so stunning!?

“Urm…I was just leaving.” He mumbled backing away to the door placing his hands in front of the bulge he currently had in his jeans hoping Buffy wouldn’t notice. She was way to drowsy however and just flopped down onto her bed.
He was halfway out of the door when her sleepy voice reached him.
“Spike…”
“What is it luv?”
“You can stay in the spare room if you want. There’s a bunch of reporters outside and its kinda late…plus I like seeing you in the mornings.” She smiled at him.
He grinned brightly and nodded happily.
“Of course I will…goodnight luv.” He smiled going forward and kissing her gently on the forehead before walking back out into the hallway and into the bedroom next door hoping to get some privacy to get rid of his little problem.

* * * ** * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * ** * *

Buffy woke up slowly stretching and smiling at the bright sunshine that shone against her eyelids warmly. She opened her eyes and smiled when she saw Spike sitting at the end of her bed with his usual boyish grin on his face and a tray in his hands. She sat up and smiled when she saw what was on the tray. A stack of waffles, toast, a plate of scrambled eggs and a big glass of orange juice all laid out nicely with a red rose laying at the top.
“Wow.”

“There ya go luv.” Spike smiled settling the tray in her lap.
“Spike you didn’t have to do this.” She said gratefully.
“I know but I want to. My girl gets the best.” Spike placed an innocent kiss on her lips and pulled back to stare into her sparkling green eyes. He had never seen them look so full of life before and he was captivated. He leant in again and kissed her but not the same kind as before, now he let all his need into the kiss and he did a happy dance in his head when she opened her mouth to let him in. He felt her moan into his mouth and her hand came up to tangle in his hair. The loud clunk as the orange glass banged against a plate snapped them out of their kiss and they both pulled back staring at each other as they both fought for breath.
“Well then…eat up luv.” Spike joked breathlessly.
“Thanks this looks amazing.”
“Hey can I go in the shower…Im not gunna be changing my clothes but id like to have a shower before putting these things back on.” Spike grimaced not looking forward to wearing the same crinkled shirt two days in a row.
“of course you can the towels are already in there.”
“Okay leave the dishes in the sink okay pet I’ll wash them when I get out.”

Buffy watched him walk out and waited till she heard the shower turn on before she squealed happily and began to eat. She was halfway through her food when she realised she had turned her mobile phone off early yesterday morning and she knew she’d be in trouble with Willow and Fred. They talked at least once a day and they were probably wondering what was happening especially if they had read the papers and magazines. She grabbed for her cell and turned it on seeing the 16 missed calls she knew she was in trouble. Deciding to get the worst out of the way she called Willow and closed her eyes waiting for the onslaught.

“WHAT THE HELL HAS BEEN HAPPENING!”
She held the phone away form her ear wincing at the loud yell from the other side of the phone.
“Hey Will…im sorry I haven’t called.”
“Buffy! What’s been going on!? First of all I read absolute bullshit from Drusilla in the paper I try to call you and there’s no answer, your house is on the news…THE NEWS! I try to come round and there’s a bunch of reporters outside who bombarded me when they realised who I was and now today they’ve changed their tune completely.”
“Im sorry Will I should of called you…What do you mean changed their tune completely?” Buffy asked curiously.
“Have you seen the papers?” Willow asked her voice suddenly quiet.

“No why? Has Spike‘s story come out yet?” Buffy asked.
“Yeah his interview has been written everywhere its in all the magazines and Buff…safe to say you don’t have to worry about Drusilla Reynolds anymore.” Willow laughed.
“really? I need to buy a paper. Do people believe Spike?” Buffy asked.
“Hell yes. Turn on the TV and put the news on….”
Buffy scrambled for her remote and turned the TV on that was sat on the dresser at the end of the bed and her mouth dropped when she saw the clip currently being shown.
“I’ll talk to you later.”
Buffy watched with her mouth open as Drusilla was dragged kicking and screaming from some sort of building by police, her hands were cuffed behind her back and she hurled herself away from the cop that was holding her trying to hide herself from the camera. The clip disappeared and a man stood there smirking at the camera.

“Looks like you really don’t know what goes on behind closed doors eh? After yesterdays interview with Drusilla we were all ready to scratch Spike Rayne’s eyes out for her but oh what a difference a day makes! With the release of Spike’s response to her statement and the mounds of evidence that’s found its way into the press we cant help but think…what did we all see in her? Mrs Reynolds has been released on bail but sources tell us that it will be very hard for her lawyer to get her out of this one…”

“Buffy luv what’s wrong?”
Buffy’s eyes snapped from the TV and too a very wet and half naked Spike. Buffy’s eyes widened even more and she momentarily forgot about the Drusilla debacle as her eyes raked over Spike’s very hot body which was barely covered by a tiny towel.
“Buffy?! I heard you squeal luv what’s wrong?” Spike asked worriedly.
Buffy was still to shocked to say anything and simply pointed at the screen. Spike turned to it and watched with rapt attention at the man on screen who was discussing his soon to be ex wife.

“William Reynolds…Drusilla’s son is currently being looked after by his grandparents who are planning on taking over custody of the boy…Spike Rayne has denied being the father and said in his statement that the father could be one of many men as Drusilla was unfaithful throughout their marriage. We’ll keep you posted on the Drusilla story however and even hotter story now Drusilla’s ex is dating non other than Buffy Summers! His fellow flight 287 survivor. Miss Summers is reportedly 6 months pregnant which means that she got pregnant on the island! The producers have been bombarded with phone calls from fans wishing the couple happiness and may we also hope everything works out for the couple…”

Spike switched the TV off and turned to look at Buffy.
“Guess it worked.” Spike said with a grin.

“Wow they really are pilling up out there.” Buffy said in a impressed voice watching as all the camera men outside seemed to scramble over each other.
“Yeah scavengers is what they are.” Spike grumbled in her ear causing her to shiver. She closed her eyes taking in the feel of him standing so close behind her and when she turned around to face him she was just inches away from his face.

Oh god im in trouble.

“urm…I was…huh…”
“Anytime today luv.” Spike smirked curling his tongue against his teeth. He knew she was getting a little flustered being close to him and he was gunna love every minute of it.
“I forgot what I was going to say.” She mumbled staring transfixed at his lips.
“Is that so.” he grinned before leaning down and capturing her lips in a needy kiss. His tongue immediately sought entrance and they were soon so lost in each other that it took her feeling his erection pressed into her belly to startle her out of the embrace. She blushed and looked down at her feet embarrass at herself for being all over him so soon. He just smiled and walked over to the kitchen table to grab his jacket.
“Well I best be off.”

“Your leaving?” Buffy asked hoping that she didn’t sound as desperate as she thought she did.
“Well I got to get ready for our date aint it?” Spike smiled when he saw her head snap up quickly.
“date?”
“You forgot?” Spike teased.
“What no! I just thought with everything…we’re still going out tonight?” She smiled happily.
“of course luv I promised you a good time and your getting one…the only problem is the press…we may end up with our date plastered over every magazine in the world and we probably be tortured by the buggers all night.” He sighed apologetically.
“Spike I don’t care as long as im with you.” She said sweetly giving him a sweet kiss on the lips as she followed him to the door.

As soon as it was opened and Spike stepped outside the flashes started and Spike rolled his eyes at the waiting paparazzi in the street. He turned to Buffy and gave her an exasperated look before kissing her goodbye chuckling when there were wild flashing and shouts.
“See you at 7.” He grinned kissing the back of her hand and walking backwards away only turning in time to give a thumbs up to the paparazzi before getting in his car. Buffy just laughed and shut the door immediately running up the stairs to prepare for her date which she only had 5 hours to prepare for.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=23550