There's Something About Spike by fallen_angel
Summary: lsa
Six years post NFA Buffy finds herself in a position Spike once used to be in. *She's* in *his* town, trying to fit into *his* world while an appocalypse is looming over their heads. Does he still love her? What's he been doing all this time and why have the powers stripped him of his status of champion?
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action, Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 5770 Read: 9603 Published: 12/29/2006 Updated: 01/30/2007

1. School's Hard! by fallen_angel

2. Money! Money! Money! by fallen_angel

3. Books, Movies and Friends... by fallen_angel

4. Mrs. Cadaver by fallen_angel

School's Hard! by fallen_angel
Author's Notes:
If this fic seems similar, it's because I've posted it on BSV as Buffy Diaries but that title doesn't suit because this fic is more about Spike than Buffy.
Disclaimer: Buffy and all BtVS and AtS characters are property of Joss and ME. I do not own them so will not kill them either, except maybe Riley.

Thanks to SciFi_GK and Morrigan., for the fab beta job! Go read their fics too.



THERE'S AN EXPLANATION ABOUT BUFFY'S PROFFESSION IN CHAPTER 4 AND CHAPTER 5 DEALS WITH IT TOO SO DON'T FREAK. CHECK OUT THE REVIEWS FOR SOME CLARIFICATION
lsa





"I'm a secret you can never keep, an experience you can never forget. Surprised to hear my echoes in your heart? Don't be. I'm the voice of your soul"







“Buffy, you are…”

*MARY HAD A LITTLE LAMB, LITTLE LAMB, LITTLE LAMB...*

What? Oh, cell phone! Huh? When did my ring tone become 'Mary had a little lamb?' Must have been Xander. Geez! He comes for a visit and messes with all my stuff. It’s like having an annoying little brother!

I grope in the dark for my phone and successfully knock everything on my bedside table to the floor. Ok no problemo, I'll just have to open my eyes. Ahah! There's the little devil. It's Willow calling. Why does she need to call me? She lives next-door!

"Hello." Boy, I sound groggy. -

"Hey, Buffy!"

- And she sounds all cheery. Maybe she's been baking?

"Sorry, what did you say? I wasn't listening."

"I said, wish me luck."

I can almost see her rolling her eyes.

"Good luck."

*YAWN* I really want to go back to sleep and to my dream. Ummm... Nice dream... *Drool* WHAT? NO! NOT NICE DREAM! Actually, I'm not gonna go back to sleep. Nope, I'm gonna go for a walk and take the dog, too. Only thing is, I don't have a dog. But, I like dogs, so, maybe I should get one.

"Pardon?"

Okay, so, I wasn't listening again. I'm not stupid enough to admit it, though.

"Good luck to you too."

"What? Did I miss something? Why do I need luck? Wait, there's an exam today and I've forgotten! I'm gonna fail!"

No, I'm NOT over reacting! One time, in Sunnydale High, I forgot about some major history test and flunked. Mom grounded me for a month.

"Umm... No, no test. You seriously don't remember? I mean, two months ago I couldn't get you to shut up about it."

I wrack my brains and come up with a pair of blue eyes. Nope, bad. Bad Buffy. I shake my head and draw a blank.

"Look Will, it's the middle of the night. I'm sleepy, and sleepy Buffy? No big thinker. See, even my grammar is shoddy. Don't ask where I learned that word."

Dammmn, those blue eyes have teamed up with a killer British accent, and they are creeping into my head again!

"Buffy it's 7:30 am. We've got a class in twenty minutes."

***

I brush, shower and dress in a record time of 10 minutes. I grab an apple from the fridge and pour cold milk down my throat while wondering what Mom would have said if she could see me drinking directly from the milk carton.

I don't have a car, since neither Dawn, nor I have managed to pass our driving tests, yet, so I force - Yup, I threatened her with scary eyes and a promise to make her life hell. So, sue me. - my neighbor to give me a lift and manage to reach my med school, just in time.

I rush inside and crash into a teacher.

Somehow, I manage to get off the floor and try to take off towards my class, but I can't move. I look up to see Dr. Candish's stern, brown eyes. He looks a little ruffled. His tie is in my hand, and he is holding, steadfast, onto the pillar behind him.

Huh? Oops! I guess I knocked him down.

I grabbled his tie to hoist myself off the floor and when I took off, - or attempted to - he had to grab the pillar to keep himself from flying off, after me.

"Good morning, Dr. Candish. Sorry for nearly trampling you," he speaks, slowly, as if he is talking to someone who is really dim.

"Good morning, Dr. Candish. Sorry for nearly trampling you," I repeat.

"Good morning, Miss Summers. Do watch where you are going. You are here to learn how to treat injuries, not to create them."

I just nod and run off towards Dr. Ku's class. I can hear Candish clicking his tongue. He, obviously, considers me a lost cause.

Despite all my running, I'm late for Ku's lecture and he makes me stand outside like some high schooler. Every teacher that passes by lectures me on the importance of punctuality for a doctor, and how a second can cost a life.

Geez! I must have been late at UC Sunnydale a million times, but never once was I scolded! And, I know the value of a second, for a dying person! I mean, *Slayer, here.*

I listen, attentively, in Dr. Tomita's class because, she actually makes sense... And Willow had a crush on her. Too bad she doesn't date students.

I Can’t say that I did the same, for Winfrey and Salim, I just let the blue eyes win and daydreamed through their entire lectures.

***

We have no more classes today, so Will and I head to a nearby coffee shop where a black duster clad teen sends me into a frenzy of blue eyed thoughts again. I'm rescued by my cell phone... But, everyone stares at me, once the sound of my nursery rhyme ring tone reaches their ears and I decide I have to change the offending ringer, ASAP. I mean, what was Xander thinking?! Ok, so this is Xander, and his ring tone is the theme of Barney, thus 'Mary had a little lamb' would be considered mature by him.

It's Cordy calling. I wonder what she needs now. Last time she called, it was to get Andrew out of her home before she lost it and fed him to Illyria.

"Hello."

"Buffy! How're you, sweetie? Listen, there's a new slayer in L.A. and she's trying to kill Harmony.

Personally, I don't care, but she's been off of human blood for seven years now, and she does all the secretary work for Angel Investigations. If she were dusted, we'd never find any of the files. So, just have Giles call off the slayer, 'kay?

Of course, I'd ask him personally, but he doesn’t consider Angel important enough to give him a personal number. And if I call at the council, I’ll be on hold forever!

Now, with that out of the way, let’s talk about something worthwhile. You know, pink is definitely the new black.”

tbc
***


A/N: That is the first chapter. Hope you liked. There will be some action soon enough. Be patient. Oh, and if you are wondering, this is not an AU fic. It’s cannon up until NFA.

The words at the beginning are a rough translation of the Hindi song Jaanam from Veer Zaara

REVIEW, PLEASE
Money! Money! Money! by fallen_angel
Author's Notes:
THIS CHAPTER JUST SETS THE SCENE. FEEL FREE TO TO JUST SKIM THROUGH. REAL ACTION STARTS CHAPTER 5.
lsa
Disclaimer: Buffy and all BtVS and AtS characters are property of Joss and ME. He gives them doomed love lives and I give them fairy tales.


A/N: My beta, Morrigan, she just rocks!





Every joy and comfort in life is bound to a rupee, a dollar or a pound!






Giles called off the L.A. slayer without protest. For years, his strategy for repairing our damaged relationship seemed to be to give me whatever I wanted. I was glad for it, this time, because I did not have the heart to argue. It had been a long day. First I slept in. Next, Willow called and told me that the scholarship results were going to be out, and then... I was late for class.

Willow got the scholarship and is now out celebrating with Xander. I got it too, but I’m stuck in the library, catching up on the classes I missed, and daydreamed through. Med school’s damn tough, and I’m just surprised that I made it into one.

It’s been a rocky path to here, wherever here is.

When Sunnydale collapsed, we moved to Rome and I went back to college. After all, studying seemed like a good way to get my mind off all the friends I lost in the apocalypse. My new friend Ti -The Immortal sounds so poncy…. er, need to watch the British slang - had great contacts, and he helped me get admission into a good college. Two years of college and private tuitions later… Ta-da! I made it into St. Govain Medical School, London.

Ti was okay, for a rebound, but we didn’t last. Just before I moved to London, I caught him in bed with a skanky vamp. So, I dusted the bitch, and earned Ti a new name, 'The Invalid.' I never did check to see if he got his head out of the toilet.

These seven years have been fruitful in ways too. In a month's time, I'll be earning my first salary as a medical intern! Plus, as a bonus to the scholarship I was granted, fifty percent of my med school expenses, as well as ten percent of my post grad costs will be refunded. I have repaired my relationship with Will and Xander and, although I am still working on things with Giles, my bond with Dawn has never been stronger.

Dawn has become the best little sister. No more whining, complaining or getting into trouble. She lets me borrow all her clothes, is totally supportive, and a fabulous cook!

She's also quite a globetrotter. She spends all her holidays traveling. She visits Xander in Sydney, Cordy in LA... I don't know what memories of Queen C the monks stuffed into my sister’s head, but, they are the best of friends. She also visits Andrew in Shoryaveersthan, and her slayer friends, who live all over this blue-green orb.

The only place she never goes is Faith and Wood’s house, in New York. Dawn hasn’t forgiven Wood for attempting to kill Spike. Neither have I, for that matter. But, I guess no matter how mad she was at him in Sunnydale, he’s still her best friend.


Dawn makes it up to Faith by tagging along with her, on her tours. Faith’s become a pop star and has won a dozen awards. Her songs are chart-toppers, and everyone is crazy about her band. It's called, The Beauty and the Beast. Faith’s the beauty and Lorne’s the beast. Fans think the green getup is part of Lorne’s beast look; no one knows he is a demon. It’s kinda funny. A slayer and a demon ruling teen hearts!


This time, Dawn’s going to Toronto, with Becky, the *love of her life.* While she’s there, she’s going to recruit a new slayer. The procedure is simple. You tell them that they’re a slayer, recount slayer history, give a job description, and finalize the salary - Yes, Giles pays the slayers. I, myself, got seven years worth in one go and spent it on the great Summers’ re-education movement. - Then, they undergo a six-month training, get a watcher, are assigned a location and sent off to save the world. What a way to tell someone they’re ruined for eternity!








When I tell Dawn about the scholarship, she gets totally excited, and we do a happy jig around the living room.

"So they give us back money?"


"Yes, but it’s about more than that. I get to work in one of the most prestigious hospitals in the world!"

"Yeah, yeah... But they give us money right?"

"Yup."

"Yay! We get mo-ney! We get mo-ney! We get mo-ney!"

"Yeah, and the privilege of living in the same city as Andrew again," I mutter sarcastically. "I forbid you invite him over. He comes for a week and stays for a month!"

"We get mo-ney! We get mo-ney! We get mo-ney!"

"Did you hear a word I just said?"

"We get mo-ney! We get mo-ney! We get mo-ney!"







Shoryaveersthan. It’s a small Asian country. Basically, it is a group of three hundred interconnected islands on the Indian Ocean . It has a variety of intermingled cultures: British, French, Persian, Indian and Spanish. The locals speak both fluent English and Hindi/Urdu. Each Island has a slightly different climate and terrain. This is, of course, all according to Willow. I can’t even pronounce the name of the place!

Our Island , which is also the capital, is called Martandbhav, or, The Land of the Sun. The unique thing about the island is that it has sunny beaches in the summer, and snow in the winter. It would make for a fascinating wardrobe! Oh, and it’s famous for its dance and music - once again, according to Willow.








We arrive at the island via the sea, which was Dawn’s idea, and take a cab to the city, which is just a kilometer from the harbor. The sky’s a clear blue and the air’s fresh and cool. Lush, green hills flank either side of the road and, written artistically on the slopes with wild flowerbeds is: 'Agar firdaus bar rooe zaminst haminasto haminasto haminast'

"It means, If there is paradise on earth, it is here, it is here, it is here." Dawn supplied, smartly.

I have to agree. If there is paradise on earth, it’s on this island, and nowhere else.
tbc


***

A/N: Have faith in me and please stick around.


Shoryaveersthan is a figment of my imagination, and so is St. Govain. A fictional place gives me free reign to do whatever I want with location, history etc.

Lines at the begining are a rough translation of the Hindi song, Meter Down, from Taxi No 9 2 11.


Review Please!
Books, Movies and Friends... by fallen_angel
Author's Notes:
I'm sorry, I accidently unchecked the allow anonymous reviews box (I didn't even know what it did) I appreciate and value all your reviews and didn't mean to block you. Sorry if I hurt you. Thanks cordykitten for pointing it out. You are definitely my favorite and most dedicated and caring reviewer.
Disclaimer: I don’t own BtVS or AtS. Trusting You, Belonging and The Right Thing are all owned by DreamsofSpike.



A/N: This chapter is for DreamsofSpike. Every time I lose faith in spuffy thanks to by bangel shipping roomie, DoS helps me fall in love with Buffy/Spike again. Love you DoS. You’re my favorite author. *Hugs*



I have exams now, so next update would be after 23/1/07



Thanks also to Morrigan (yup, that great fic writer) for the superb beta work. Yay Morrigan! *Does the money- jig only with the word Morrigan*




lsa



*Note: This chapter is from Spike’s POV.



***

Life is nothing without friendship, because it’s only in this relationship that one has the freedom to be oneself.



***



I look down at my purchases, three novels by Jess. That chit sure knows how to make a vamp’s heart wrench. Bloody fantastic with a pen, she is, and I should know. I’ve been reading for over a hundred years, now.



“What would the world say if it knew that, Spike, the Big Bad was reading sob-stories?”



I turn around and come face-to-face with a blue eyed teen. No, that’s not right. She’s twenty-two. A woman, not a whiney kid.



“They are classics in the makin’, not sob-stories. Sob-stories are what the poofter reads,” I manage to answer, before I’m knocked to the floor and can’t see any thing past my attacker’s cloud of dark hair. “Easy there, ‘Bit. Not that ‘m not happy to see ya, but we’re gettin’ funny looks from everyone.”



Dawn picks up the books her hug had knocked out of my hand, moments earlier, and turns them over. Suddenly, she squeals and all eyes in the shop focus on us, once more.



Trusting You! Oh my god that’s a great movie. It stars my favorites, James Marsters and Sarah Michelle Gellar. It like, won almost all the Oscars last year! What’re you doing reading a book about it? You should be watching the movie, Spike!”



I laugh. That’s my Nibblet, still clueless about great literature. “The movie’s based on the book, ‘Bit.”



“Oh!”



“So, how’s your Becky?”

“Peachy. We’re having great sex. Well, sort of. It’s kinda hard to have sex when you live in two separate continents.”



Okay… So she’s all grown up now, but sex and Dawn together is a concept I’ve yet to get used to. She must have noticed the look on my face because she gives me *the great Summers’ eye roll routine*.



“Seriously, Spike, I’m not a kid anymore. Bet, you’ve been having sex since you were fourteen!”



“Sixteen, actually.” Alright, so only once at sixteen and then when I was turned. Anyways, I probably shouldn’t be discussing matters of the bedroom with the ‘Bit. The answer was sort of automatic.



“Oooo… Who was it with?” she asks, full of excitement.



“Er... a bird,” I reply nonchalantly.



“A bird? Oh, you mean a girl! Well, that’s obvious. I was looking for a name.”



“Does it matter?”



“Sure it does. You lost your virginity to this girl. I’ve every right to know her name.”



“Mahe,” I answer and hope she’ll drop the topic. She doesn’t. We reach my car and I hold the door open for her. Ever the Victorian gentleman. Of course, there were no blasted cars then. ‘Bit spends the entire ride asking questions about my first kiss, first crush and so on.



***

We enter the club and I scan the crowd for my friends, finally spotting them at the bar. ‘Bit, apparently, saw them before me and was already making her way towards them. Some scrawny wanker had the misfortune of being in the way and was knocked aside, promptly. Dawn threw a ‘sorry’ over her shoulders and continued on her way. I shook my head and followed.



“Dawnie!”



“Charlotte!”



Great, more squealing! What’s with the fairer sex and squealing?



Charlotte and Dawn do the whole hugs and air-kisses thing and then launch into a conversation about shoes. Forget smokes, they should be making patches for footwear-craze. I swear, the entire time I’d stayed in the Summers’ basement, I’d dreamt of drowning in footwear! Who wouldn’t, living in a house full of bints?



“Hey-he… D.A., looking good girl! If you get any hotter, we’ll have to rope in the military to keep the guys off you,” Oszzie exclaimed in a voice loud enough to be heard by half the club, despite the bleedin’ music. Dawn just ruffled his chestnut colored hair in response, like she always does.



“Where did you come from?” Adi always does ask the stupid questions.



“Oh, I got kidnapped by a snorlax demon, who traded me for a Siamese, so he could play kitten poker. And, I’m here with my new owner, a Karlfig demon,” Nibblet quipped.



The bint can be as amusing as her sister at times. Wait, not going into that territory.



“Karlfig’s not a demon and snorlax's a pokemon,” Charlotte observed mildly. “Let’s get our derrières on the dance floor, people!”



“Derrière? You wanna dance or do yoga?” I ask. For a properly educated British girl, she sure can do wonders with the King’s bleedin’ language.



“I amend, feet,” she scowled and marched off, her husband trailing behind like a soddin’pup.



“Adi, man, you bring new meaning to the phrase, joru ka gulam,” Ozzie called after them, as he too made his way towards the mass of dancing bodies.





“What does that mean? In fact, what language was that? Can’t you just stick to English?” Dawn scrunched up her nose in a way highly reminiscence of Big Sis.



“Urdu. Means, wife’s slave.”



***

“So, you are now a permanent inhabitant of Shoryaveersthan ?”



“Maybe not permanent, Charlotte . I mean Becky’s life’s in L.A…”



“…and yours is with Becky,” Charlotte finished for her.



I watch my friends interact with my almost-little-sister. Friends. If someone had told me seven years back that I’d be having four humans as best friends, I’d have bloody laughed. But, they are my friends. Real friends, not like my demon *buddies*. People who care about me, around whom I don’t need to be the Big Bad, who won’t judge me on my vamp status or shady past. We’re not like the Scoobies. Sure, we do the whole world-saving thing together but not because we live on the Hellmouth. We’re not innocent kids. We’ve got our demons, but we fight them. We don’t judge one another.



Apocalypses don’t come to this island, so I go looking for them. These people come with me. The fight’s not their scene but they still play along and risk all because *I* choose to do this and they choose to stand by *me*



Family. We’re a family. Trust is our strongest point. No, love is. I love these wankers and they love me. What’s more, they say it. It’s bleedin’ amazing!



“Earth to Spike.”



“Huh?”



“I said, I want to go to the White Voices Academy ,” Dawn repeats.



“Um… sure. I’ll get you enrolled tomorrow. We can celebrate by watchin’ Enslaved Love. That Marsters bloke’s in it and the blond chit, too.”



‘Bit’s eyes are as big as saucers now. “Hey, I’ve been waiting for that movie to come out! And The Right Thing, too. That’s releasing next month! I’m so curious about the story.”



“You’ve fretted o'er nothin’. They’re both based on Jess’ novels. Belonging’s been adapted into Enslaved love ,” I tell her. “You could’ve read the books.” She doesn’t take in a soddin’ word and continues to babble about James Marsters’ abs.



***

“Are you going to see Buffy?” Muara asks timidly, twirling a brown lock around her finger.



I’ve known Maura for eight years. After getting my soul, I was in no condition to go anywhere. She found me in those caves and took care of me. It didn’t matter what I was. She’s the person I trust beyond everyone because I know, if there’s one person who won’t even hurt me by accident, it’s Maura. The girl sees good in everyone no matter who or what they are. Oh, she’s not naïve. Nor, does she lack self-confidence. If she’s shy about saying what’s on her mind, it’s because she’s afraid she’ll hurt someone. The bird’s never even off’d a demon. Sometimes, I look at her and think, 'is this amazing person really my friend?' She can see past my Big Bad persona into the heart of the poet within. Puts me in mind of Joyce, she does.



“I’m scared,” I wouldn’t have admitted this to anyone else.



“She may not want a relationship with you, but she cares about you. I don’t know how much, but she does. You want to meet her, so maybe, you should.”



“Of course you shouldn’t!” Charlotte slams her car door and makes her way towards us, her eyes blazing.



My friends know all about my whirlwind relationship with Buffy. The bathroom incident, our last conversation in L.A. They accept my love for Buffy. Lottie doesn’t.



“Stop it Spike! Why are you so hell bent on hurting yourself over that bitch?”



“So Dawn got home safely?” sensing the tension, Maura tries to change the topic.



“Yah, she did,” Lottie answers, before turning on me again. “Why can’t you just accept the facts and move on! There’re plenty of girls. Would it kill you to fall in love with someone who’s not insane, or a total bitch?”



“You don’t know her! Don’t say anything ‘bout her! It’s none of your soddin’ business!”



Even my temper’s flaring now. Maura excuses herself, saying she needs to call her girlfriend.



“Hell, it’s my business! You’re my brother, Goddamnit!”



tbc



***



A/N: I couldn’t find who wrote the friendship line in the beginning of the fic, but it wasn’t me.

Next chapter we find out why the hell Buffy became a doctor.

A lot of you are confused. Just trust me. I know where I'm going. When this fic is over you'll have all the answers.

You’re wondering about the last line? I explain in chapter 7 or 8 or I’m evil…



REVIEW PLEASE
Mrs. Cadaver by fallen_angel
Author's Notes:
All readers are welcome to make suggestions and ask questions if something confuses them. Also, I'm an interactive sort of author, so, if you feel the characters aren't behaving like themsevles, or the story's not living up to your expectations, just let me know and I'll try and take it into consideration. One point I must make is that 7 years have gone since *Chosen,* so characters and their lives WILL be affected. Remember, in just 4 years, Spike went from wanting to kill Buffy, to getting a soul for her.
Thanks to everyone one who had read and reviewed so far: ella, cordykitten, guest, PhotographyNut, MonsieurRipper. Love you guys. Thanks to my beta Morrigan.

Recap: #1. Last chapter, Dawn met Spike at a book store.
#2. Dawn partied with Spike's friends who seem to already know her well.
#3. Dawn and Spike make arrangements to get her enrolled in a college and catch a movie the next day. Charlotte drops her home.
#4. Spike recalls how Maura took care of him in Africa, after he got his soul.
#5. Maura advices Spike to go see Buffy.
#6. Charlotte says that Spike is her brother and she can't watch him all hung up on Buffy, when she apparently doesn't care about his feelings.
lsa





It is evidently consoling to reflect that the people next door are headed for hell. --Allister Crowley




This is the life… Youth, a tropical island and -

“More cake, Buffy dear?” Mrs. Cadaver asks in her sugary sweet voice.

- and an old, widowed neighbor, who is one hell of a cook!

“Yes please!” I answer, around all the food in my mouth – Xander’s influence, I’m certain- while mentally saying, 'diet be damned.'



“So, you are a doctor? Delightful! All the teasing and *geek* labels of high school becomes worth it, when one finally lands in the career they’ve always dreamed about. Much better than being on the cheerleading squad.”

If I was having this conversation with one of my Aunts, I’d be sporting an ‘I’m bored as hell and seriously contemplating letting Spike loose on you just for the fun of it,’ expression. But, here I am, smiling politely and answering sweetly. I can see why the Mayans used chocolate for currency. It’s much more effective bribery-wise.

“Actually, I was on the cheerleading squad. I became a doctor by accident.”

“Oh, do tell,” Mrs. Cadaver asks, bringing her fingertips together in a manner that immediately put me in mind of Ursula, the sea witch.

“Um… I dropped out of college when my Mom died,” - the trademark sympathetic look; I’m rather sick of it actually - “When I joined, again, I just signed up for everything Willow took.”

“Willow…?” Mrs. Cadaver interrupted.

“My best friend, and current housemate,” I clarify, before continuing my story. “Anyways… Giles just had to blow his top, over that! He said that I needed to become my own person, and make my own decisions – ironic, since he’s the one who insists on making my decisions for me - and that I couldn’t spend my entire life studying whatever Willow was, just because it would mean not having to take notes in class.

Giles had, not too long ago, tried to murder my boyfriend. The fact that said boyfriend – due to no fault of Giles’ - was already dead when we had the conversation made things worse. Needless to say, Giles wasn’t in my good books, just then, and I considered, for a fleeting second, really, studying the same things as Will, for the rest of my life, just to peeve him.

Wood had to go and add his two pence worth too. As he had been Giles’ co-conspirator in Mission , *Lets make Buffy’s guy, dead,* he was also featured on my, *rip your head off and have some vampire drink from your brain stem,* list. Okay, so, Spike killed Woods’ mother. But, that was in the past, and planning retribution when an apocalypse hanging over your head?

So, when he said that I didn’t have it in me to become a doctor – Will was going to study medicine - I decided I’d show him!”

Sure, it killed my social life, was real frustrating and meant studying stuff other than Willow ’s notes – though, I had to go through them too - I did it."

This morning, I sent Wood a wooden crucifix and a note saying, ‘You are a poor judge of a person’s capabilities. I can become a doctor, and vampires can be redeemed.’ It made me feel so good.

By the time I finished my rambling - most of which was stuff I said without thinking, Mrs. Cadaver’s face was clearing saying that she had registered just three things. One… Willow was the smart one. Two… My boyfriend had killed somebody, and three… I had a list of people, whom I intended to feed to vampires.

I’m sure she’s over her, *I really like Buffy,* phase, and had moved onto the, *ditch Buffy and befriend Willow ,* phase. I could just see myself as Sylvester, banging on the door as a Tweety-Willow was fed, black forest chocolate cake, by a Granny-Mrs. Cadaver.

“Well... Where is Willow ?” she asks, after a lifelong – okay, not exactly lifelong - silence.

See, my assumption was right on. I’m getting good at reading old people’s minds. One of the better skills I’ve learned at Med school.

“Having phone sex,” I answer matter-of-factly. Well she was . Lucky girl!

That did it. Mrs. Cadaver practically dragged me to the door and shoved me out. I crashed headlong into Dawn, who had been waving her friend off.

“Hiya, Mrs. Old, neighbor lady!” Dawnie chirped, and I thought, sourly, that she had no right to be so cheerful while I had a lump the size of Riley’s ego on my head.

Mrs. Cadaver - who had no doubt been hoping to make a hasty retreat into her diabolic- American-girls free house, looked like she had just been sentenced to hell. Taking into account that her first meeting with my sister had been with the latter dressed in a, *could have fit a Barbie doll,* bikini, her reluctance for Dawn’s company was quite understandable.

“I thought you were out with Charlie. Who was that?” I asked, referring to the girl who had disappeared into the waiting elevator, in sync with my expulsion from my neighbors home.

“That was Charlie. Duh!”

I couldn’t help it. “Dawnie! I think you missed a few lessons on gender discrimination… Wait, that didn’t come out right. I mean, Charlie is a girl and Becky is a boy!”

And we finally managed it. We, officially, gave Mrs. Cadaver a heart attack.

“You are dating a boy whose parents sought fit to name him Becky!”

Weird lady. She had no qualms with Dawn dating a girl named Becky, - not that there’s anything wrong with lesbians, - but, was having a kitten because she was dating a *boy* named Becky. I was liking her less and less with each passing moment.

“Of course they didn’t!” Gotta admire my sister. She didn’t even bother keeping the exasperation out of her voice. “Becky’s short for Beckham, his college nickname.”

I need to hand it to Dawn she managed to say the last part in a tone suggesting that, even Posh, went around referring to her husband as Becky, and that it was the only normal course to take. Mrs. Cadaver apparently didn’t think so, because she slammed her door on our faces, a feat that took three tries. First, she smashed it on my fingers, and next, on my toes. Even all the chocolate in the world couldn’t redeem the woman, in my eyes, now.

“Charming neighbor we’ve got!” Dawn quipped, with all the sarcasm learned from Spike, over the years.

“Yup! I can just imagine her having a, perfectly, good conversation with Cruella De Vil.”

Entering my own home, I came to two conclusions. I should be worried if Dawn says she’s spending the night at Jane’s, and the Disney movies must go. To think I gave Spike a hard time for being addicted to Passions!

tbc



Thanka to those who reviewed the last chapter. Seems I lost some readers too. Please review it makes writing more enjoyable and may persuade me to send chapter 5 (yes it's almost done) to beta.


Next Chapter: Buffy sees Spike's on the island, meets Maura and has a girl-to-girl talk with Willow about Spike. You find out what happened between Buffy and Spike at the end of NFA.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=23686