Sere Nere by Bloody_Hell
Summary: What if Spike was the vampire cursed with the soul? How will Buffy deal with her attraction to Spike...and what's to be done when two vampires visit the hellmouth...and try to recruit an old friend?
Sere Nere: Italian for 'Dark Nights'
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action, Angst
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 18 Completed: Yes Word count: 29799 Read: 25164 Published: 04/14/2007 Updated: 10/29/2008

1. First Impressions by Bloody_Hell

2. Is This Real? by Bloody_Hell

3. Surprise! by Bloody_Hell

4. I Trust You by Bloody_Hell

5. Telling It Like It Was by Bloody_Hell

6. Couldn't/Wouldn't by Bloody_Hell

7. Wearing Me Down by Bloody_Hell

8. Mistaking Identities by Bloody_Hell

9. Realizations by Bloody_Hell

10. Good vs. Evil by Bloody_Hell

11. Make It Yours by Bloody_Hell

12. Just When We Thought... by Bloody_Hell

13. My Sweet Prince by Bloody_Hell

14. Worth Three by Bloody_Hell

15. Always Tomorrow by Bloody_Hell

16. Cruelty by Bloody_Hell

17. Making Sense Of It by Bloody_Hell

18. Leave Us The Bloody Hell Alone!!! by Bloody_Hell

First Impressions by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
It’s not starting the way the show did. It’s set farther in where Xander, Cordelia and Willow are all part on the gang minus Oz. (Nothing against him, just didn’t fit in with the story.)

I pushed the second slayer on Spike’s hot list back a decade (1970) by the way…it makes my story work better. Also just to get things straight: Angelus sired Drusilla a few months after Darla made him, and Drusilla sired Spike shortly after that. So Angelus, Drusilla and Spike were all sired in the same year.
Chapter 1: First Impressions

Spike watched the small blonde fight on the grounds below him. He stood confidently on the roof of a building, his black duster blowing as he dropped to a roof 10 feet lower. The girl took on two vamps at a time, in the small back alley. And she seemed to be winning…until, while she was fending off one, the other bigger one, wrapped an arm around her neck, putting her in a chokehold from behind.

Spike eyed the situation and made a quick decision. I’m not letting this one die. Not this one. He jumped down one more rooftop and prepared to jump down to the entrance of the alley.

The girl used the vampire’s arm to pull on as she lifted her feet up and kicked the other vampire sending him flying into the wall. She flipped the vamp holding her over her shoulder, and rammed a stake through his undead heart. Recovering, she noticed the other vampire lunge at her, and she extended her arm with the stake out, and dusted him before he had a chance to prevent it.

“Still as stupid as ever. You’re supposed to run away from the pointy wooden thing.” She joked to the big pile of dust.

Spike stopped in his tracks, shocked. She was losing not two seconds ago. Damn, this one was good. “Nevermind, then.” Spike said impressed.

The petite blonde felt a familiar tingle on the back of her neck that made the hairs there, rise. Another vampire? Jeez, they can never get enough can they? She thought to herself. She cautiously looked around her, and listened for any noise. Nothing. This was a stealthier one than the two she just fought.

“Okay.” She called out. “You don’t have to hide I know you’re there.” The girl sighed loudly when the vampire she knew was there didn’t reveal its self. “Look, I don’t really have a lot of time…so if we could just get you all staked and out of the way, that would be great.” She said with a confident tone.

She whipped around to look at the entrance of the alley when she heard a whoosh in that direction. To her disappointment, it was empty. Lowering her stake, and turned to go back down the exit of the alley to take the shortcut home. The blonde let out a loud gasp when the vampire she felt was standing right behind her, small smirk in place on his face at her reaction.

“I could have killed you in a second, Goldilocks. You outta keep you’re guard up at all times…even when you can’t see them.” Spike’s smirk faded as he spoke, showing her that he was serious, and not trying to piss her off. Apparently that didn’t work.

“And who-exactly-are you to give me tips on how to fight?” She placed her hands on her hips, and gave him a look that just oozed ‘attitude’.

“Someone you’re gunna wanna know.” Spike replied, wanting to get right to business.

The girl chuckled to herself, before cocking back her hand to punch him square in the nose. But Spike was too quick. He caught her fist in his large hand, and twisted slightly, not to hurt her, but just enough to put her in an uncomfortable position.

“I’m not like the poor blokes that winded up a pile of dust over there.” Spike stated jerking his head to where he noticed the ashes. “Sometimes I wish I was.” Spike said in a hushed tone more to himself than the girl in front of him.

“Well, you’re in luck, cause I know I can grant that wish.” She spoke with a sweet smile that contradicted the intentions behind her words. She raised the hand with the stake, ready to strike him in the chest, but again, he was too quick. He caught her by the wrist, and held both her wrists in a deadly grip.

She had to admit, the position she was in was very uncomfortable, and brought her very close to the bleach blonde vampire. His right hand held her left wrist, and his left hand held her right wrist, locking her arms crossed. For a second she had a moment of fear. He’s gonna kill me…I’m gunna die in an alley, and no one will ever know. Oh God.

Spike leaned forward, his mouth right by her ear. The girl closed her eyes, waiting for the bite she knew would come…but it didn’t. Instead were words. “Listen, I’m here to help. I’m not going to hurt you.” His voice was calm and soft, telling her that it was okay. Spike shot back from her, letting go of her wrists as if she burnt him. He could hear her heart pumping away, enticing his demon to suck her dry. You ‘member what Slayer blood tastes like, Spikey? No…you don’t cause it’s been too damn long! Drink the bloody bint and be done with it! His demon shouted out to him. He shook it off, and looked at the blonde who now had wide eyes, and breathing like she hadn’t done so for hours.

“H-how do I know I can trust you?” She stuttered nervously. The girl, for the first time since he saw her, looked scared. Weak…vulnerable even. He stepped forward and she stepped back. All of a sudden her demeanor changed. She crossed her arms over her chest. “You’re a vampire…I’ve learned: you can’t really trust undead killers.” She spoke coldly.

“I’m not like other vampires.” Spike said flatly.

“Huh! If I had a dollar for every time I heard that one I’d have…a dollar.” She took a moment to think that one over and realized, not one vampire has ever told her that before.

Spike ignored her comment and continued on. “You don’t have to trust me, Buffy…I just want you to know that-”

“Whoa! How do you know my name? I didn’t tell you my name.” Buffy gave him a skeptical look, not really knowing what to think.

“It’s part of why I’m here. I know who you are, and I wanna help.”

This guy actually seems sincere. Buffy thought. Maybe he is…my god this guy is hot. Hot vampire…who knew? Buffy pulled herself out of her own thoughts. “Okay-vampire-who-wants-to-help-fight-evil…” she said, trying to show him just how ridiculous it sounded out loud. “You gotta name?”

“Spike.”

“That’s a name?” She asked incredulously, her face full of disbelief.

“Is Buffy?” Spike retorted quickly. He reached into the pocket of his duster, and pulled out a pack of smokes and a lighter.

Buffy sighed loudly, choosing not to respond to the dis of her name. “So what, you’re a ‘good vampire’?” She asked on a laugh.

Spike closed his Zippo, after he lit his smoke. Taking a long puff of the cigarette, he looked at her with a raised brow, and tensed jaw.

“Oh, you are.” Buffy stopped laughing. “Okay, my bad. So…how’s that workin out for ya?” She asked, in a nervously cheerful voice.

Spike gave her a look that clearly said ‘What the hell kinda crack are you on?’ Buffy dropped the acted. “Sorry, I’m really bad at small talk. You wanna tell me how that happened? I mean the last time I checked, vampires are all ‘grr’.” She said in a cheerful tone, accompanied with her hands to make ‘claws’. When Spike looked down and flicked the ash on the smoke, she squeezed her eyes closed and smacked her palm to her forehead twice, preparing to do it for a third time, when he looked back up. She not so discretely slipped her hand behind her head, scratched the nape of her neck, and smile sweetly.

“Long story, really. Short of it is: I have a soul…and I’ve been fighting vamps, and anything else of the big, slimy and ugly variety ever since I got it.” He put out his smoke and leaned up against the wall on the alley. Buffy followed and leaned on her side up against the brick wall facing him.

“Have you done this with the other Slayers?” Buffy didn’t know why, but she felt safe around Spike. And she trusted him, no matter how much she told herself she shouldn’t.

“Yeah, a few.” Spike glanced over at her, and then bowed his head. Buffy noticed the sadness that came over his face. “But none made it very far. But you…you got some talent, girl.” The surprised tone of his voice made her smile like the schoolgirl she was. “I was about to jump in when I saw Sir. Sucks-a-lot grab you from behind.” Buffy had to giggle at the name Spike gave the vampire. She’s only known him five minutes and she was starting to rub off on him. “But nope. You had it all under control. You know for a tiny little thing you really know how to haul ass.” Spike complimented with a smile.

“Yeah, well…it all comes with the Slayer package. Along with speed, determination, and snappy yet witty comebacks.” She counted on her fingers. The two shared a laugh. “Wait-you were watching the fight? I’d say that was really stalker-ish, but for a vamp that’s pretty normal.” Buffy pulled her hair all to one side of her shoulder, and absent-mindedly started playing with the ends on the golden strands. It was a habit she had when she noticed a hot guy. She knew that Spike wasn’t just ‘a hot guy’. He was a hot vampire guy. Hot and sexy. Her mind corrected.

Spike noticed when she bared her neck. Her neck that was just pulsating and waiting to be bitten. So soft...so sweet. So wrong! Is she tryin to kill me?! Again, Spike shook himself out of his stupor, and turned his gaze away from the supple neck.

“Well…don’t get too freaked out if you feel that little tingle. It’s just me.” He said in a sultry voice, and a smirk. Spike stood up and Buffy stood up with him sensing that he was about to leave. “Well…you have places to be so, I’ll let you get to that.” He smiled at her as he started walking backwards slowly to one of the exits of the back alley.

“What-oh that! I was just going to go to the Bronze with some friends…you can come if you want, I don’t mind.” Buffy really didn’t want Spike to leave. He was nice, and she could talk to him about vampires and the whole demon world without worrying he would tell her whole school she was a freak.

“Naw…another time. Promise.” He winked and gave her a half smile that made her knees weak. “See you around, Summers.” Buffy watched as his figure melted into the darkness, and she sighed dreamily. And I can’t wait to see you.

A/N: Sooo what do you think??? please review and let me know...i'll give you cookies...they're chocolate chip!
Is This Real? by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
i thought i'd give you guys two chapters to start off with...all my other updates will be one chapter at a time though...please read and review!!
Chapter 2: Is This Real?

Buffy walked into the Bronze, and looked for Willow and Xander. She looked around and spotted the two friends chatting away. Willow had a huge smile on her face, as Xander was obviously telling her jokes.

Buffy felt bad because Willow obviously liked Xander. A lot. Really a lot. But he seemed to be hung up on someone else. Namely her. But she was leaning more towards the sexy platinum blonde vampire with a soul she had just met.

He was hot and all but, Spike probably didn’t have time to deal with a seventeen year old outside of business related stuff. Which reminded her…Giles was gunna want to know about her little encounter with Spike.

He should be here any moment. Her, Willow, Xander and Giles had a meeting dealing with ‘what’s to come’ as Giles always put it.

“Hey guys…what’s the what?” Buffy’s giddy smile shone through her words, and didn’t go unnoticed by the redhead.

“Nothin really…Xander was telling me some ‘Yo mamma’ jokes. The slang was horrible but the punch lines definitely made the cut. So what’s with super shiny Buffy?” Willow asked with a smile of her own.

“Yeah, Buff…you look like a 6 year old at Christmas.” Xander commented taking a large bite of his burger.

“I’m just happy!” she stated slipping into the empty chair. “And I have some good news…I’ll dish when Giles shows up. Where is he anyway?” Buffy asked looking around.

“Right here. Sorry I’m late…I had to take care of a few things.” Giles said sitting down.

“Watcher stuff?” Xander asked popping a fry in his mouth.

“Yes…conference call.” He replied glumly.

“Well…good news or bad? Please say good cause I’m not really in the ‘getting killed’ mood.” Willow said with a hopeful look, as she fidgeted with her hands.

“I’m sorry to say, it’s not good. Something’s coming…I don’t know what but we have to be prepared.” The watcher declared.

“And prepared we shall be. And on a much more positive note: We have a new team player. Good guy. He wants to help. His name is Spike and he’s…” Buffy stopped when she felt the tingle on the back of her neck. She felt him before she saw him walk through the door. “…here.” She finished softly. “I’ll be right back, kay?” She didn’t take her eyes off him while she spoke. Without waiting for an answer, she got up and walked over to him.

“Spike? What the hell kinda name is Spike? And did you see the way she got all day dreamy when she saw him, too?” Xander asked rhetorically. “Spike…stupid name.” He mumbled to himself playing with his cold fries.

Buffy merrily walked up to him and smiled brightly at him. “Hey, Spike! Decide to show up after all?”

“Yeah…had nowhere else to go and, thought I’d check out the hot spot you kids hang at nowadays.” Spike looked around and raised a brow at the way a couple was pretty much sucking each others mouths off in the most unattractive way.

“Well, this would be it. The only hot spot in Sunnydale. So, ‘us kids’? How old are you?” Buffy asked curiously with a mischievous look.

“Let’s just say I laps you and your mother more that once.” Spike replied cryptically.

“Well, you age very well. You don’t look a day over 20.” Buffy joked whole-heartedly. “So you down to meet the Scoobies?”

“The who?” Spike asked confused.

“Our little anti-evil gang. Containing, Giles the watcher, Willow the soon to be witch and Xander…well we haven’t found anything for him yet. And then there’s Cordelia. She’s just there to cheer us on, but she doesn’t even do that good. She’s more negative then anything, actually.” Buffy explained walking Spike to the table.

“You’re friends know you’re the Slayer?” Spike asked surprised.

“Yeah, but not because I wanted them to. Willow and Xander eavesdropped on Giles and me havin a ‘talk’. They wanted to help, and wouldn’t take ‘no’ for an answer. They can be very persuasive.” Buffy commented.

“And this Cordelia?” Spike asked with a raised brow.

“Oh, she got herself caught up in a vampy situation, and I got her out of it. Since they all knew what I was, they all decided to stick around, and help out as much as they could.” She finished as they reached the table.

“Guys, this is Spike…Spike this is the gang…minus Cordelia.” She added as an after thought.

“Spike.” Xander grumbled, with his head down, as much venom and hatred that he could muster put into the word.

“Xander…” Buffy said warningly. “Giles, Spike is a vampire, but a good one. He’s got a soul.” Buffy said reassuringly.

“And we should trust him why?” Xander asked looking at Buffy with disbelieve.

“Because I do. Look he knows stuff…and he can help, so he’s part of the team, got it?” Buffy looked at the group and all agreed except for Xander. She figured that he wouldn’t go along with it as well as the others. After he reluctantly nodded, Buffy turned to Spike. “So, apparently something bad’s coming. Got any idea?”

“Something big and bad. Maybe the kiddies should sit out on this one.” Spike responded, glancing over at Xander and Willow, and giving Xander an exceptionally dirty look. He didn’t like him and he got the vibe that he was into the Slayer, and that didn’t sit to well with him.

He wasn’t gunna deny it…she was damn cute. And his demon was begging him to take her. But he had to control himself. This was business and he didn’t want to screw things up. Their relationship had to be strictly professional.

“We’ve been patrolling with Buffy before, we know what we’re doing.” Xander retorted.

“You may have done so…staked a vamp or two before. But what’s coming…fledglings don’t even compare to.” Spike returned calmly. He didn’t want to get too angry with the boy; he might have ended up killing him. He may have a soul, but this poofter was grinding on his last nerve, and he only just met him! The only reason he refrained from doing so, was because he knew that Buffy would stake him right and proper. He would crumble to the ground, and so would his chances of ever saving her.

“Well what is it?” Buffy asked a little nervous.

“Angelus and his sire Darla. Both very dangerous vampires. Them and two other vampires were known as the ‘Scourge of Europe’. Darla was sired by the Master: the oldest vampire known to the underworld.” Spike explained. He decided to keep the other vampires names quiet for now. Too much info too soon, would just scare them.

“So, how old are they, exactly?” Willow asked hesitantly.

“Darla’s 4. Angelus is 2 and a half.” Spike looked around for the bar. He really needed a drink right about now. Just thinking about they’re massacres and slaughters made his skin crawl.

“Years? Aw well that’s nothing! We can take ‘em down no problem.” Xander exclaimed proudly.

“Centuries. 4 and 2 and a half centuries old.” Spike corrected. “They like to play mind games…especially Angelus. There was a girl in the 1700’s that Angelus sired. She had visions, and she knew he was coming for her. He kidnapped her, tortured her, murdered her family in front of her…then turned her. He made her insane. He called her his ‘masterpiece’.” Spike finished, happy that a waitress with a tray of beers was walking by. He snatched one up, without her noticing. Whoever this beer was suppose to go to: Sorry, but I need it more than you do.

“Well a nut-job vampire isn’t what I need right now. Do you know where she is?” Buffy asked running her hand through her hair.

“Uhh…last I heard somewhere in Brazil. She’s not with them, so we don’t have to worry about her.” Spike gulped down half of his beer.

“What about the other one?” Giles asked curiously.

“What?” The look on Spike’s face was blank.

“You said ‘Them and two other vampires’. You already told us about one…but what about the other one?” Giles clarified for the vampire. He knew he read something about the Scourge of Europe back when he was studying to become a Watcher.

“Oh…yeah, you don’t have to worry about him…he left the group long time ago. No one’s seen him since.” He supplied shortly.

“Scourge of Europe…yes! I remember now! I was taught about them while studying with the Council. The group consisted of Darla, Angelus, Drusilla and William the Bloody. But after the late 1970’s, no one has heard a thing about William.” Giles told the group.

“William the Bloody? That name kind of scares me. Obviously he has that name for a reason…and it’s seems…dare I say: bloody.” Buffy said almost uneasily. Not much scared her, but she was getting a bad feeling about this.

“Well, he did kill two slayers in his time.” Giles threw in.

Buffy was getting more freaked by the moment. Both Spike and Giles claimed that he was nowhere to be found, but she had this weird feeling that he’d show his face sometime soon.

Spike was trying his hardest to act normal. He hoped that the watcher didn’t know anymore than that. He didn’t want Buffy to find out like this.

“Spike…is there anything else about Darla and Angelus that we should know about? Do you have any idea when they’re coming?” Buffy asked, trying to sound as business-like as possible.

“Soon. Very soon…be on guard at all times. You’re not going on you’re patrols alone anymore, I’ll be coming with you. No one goes out at night by themselves.” Spike demanded, with pointed looks to everyone at the table. He may not like the boy, but even he didn’t want him to incur the wrath of Darla and Angelus. Darla would eat him alive.

“Um, last time I checked…I was aloud to do what I want. Who’s Mr. I-got-stuck-somewhere-in-the-80’s?” Cordelia walked up and raised her eyebrow at the back of Spike’s head.

Spike turned around and Cordelia’s face quickly went to one of complete awe. “You must be Cordelia.” He asked indifferently.

Cordelia threw on a charming smile. “So, you’ve heard of me? Good things I hope.” She said with a laugh. Blondie is oh-so-hot, soon oh-so-mine.

“Not in the least.” Buffy replied with a sweet tone, and an innocent smile.

Cordy turned to Buffy. “Well coming from you that would be expected. Trust me there plenty of not so good things I could say about you too. Like that time in Mr. Leeman’s class, that I know I will remember for the rest of my life.” Cordy said with an amused laugh. “Shall I continue? ” She retorted nastily.

“Um, let’s not get into that!” Willow jumped in. “I-it doesn’t really need to be said…we all get you’re point Cordy.” Willow defended her friend. Buffy looked over at Willow and mouthed ‘thank you’.

Cordy turned back to Spike, smile back on her face. “So, what’s you’re name, and why are you hanging out with Buffy Summers?” she asked distastefully.

“Spike…and business.” He didn’t like this girl already. She had major attitude problem. Someone needs to pull the bitch stick out of her ass, and snap back to reality.

“Oh! So you know all about demons and stuff?” Cordy asked dumbly. The rest of the group tried extremely hard to hide their giggles and snickers, at how incredibly ‘valley girl’ she sounded at that exact moment.

“Yeah…I know about ‘demons and stuff’. I am one.” Spike said coolly.

“Buffy!” Cordelia shrieked with wide eyes. As the slayer looked over at her blankly, the brunette continued. “Vampire, hello! Stake him.” She finished as if it was the most obvious thing for her to do, gesturing with her hands to stake him.

“For once, I’m gunna side with Cordy on this.” Xander mumbled to himself.

“I’m not going to stake him.” Buffy stated firmly, her hands on her hips.

“Why not? It’s your job! What are we protecting them now?” Cordy asked rhetorically.

“Oh-well…it’s just that, Spike is good. There’s no need to stake him if he isn’t gunna hurt us, or anyone else. Spike’s got a soul.” Willow chimed in, quickly rambling out their explanation.

“What a bunch of crap! He probably just pulled that out of some Anne Rice novel.” Cordelia flipped her hair off her shoulder. “Anyways, I have better things to do like not ruining my reputation by hanging out with freaks.” She flashed a sarcastically sweet smile, before turning away and walking to the dance floor.

“Well…she’s a breath of fresh air. Thank God I don’t breathe.” Spike remarked with a look of relief.

“Yeah she really knows how to make her first impressions really stab.” Willow chimed in with a slightly mocking tone.

“Yeah…she’s so hot when she’s angry.” Xander concluded with a dreamy smile. Off the unbelievable looks his friends were giving him, he snapped back to reality. “I said that out loud, didn’t I?”

Buffy shook her head with a frown and turned to look at Giles. “So that’s it pretty much? There’s nothing else demon related we should know about?” Buffy asked eagerly.

Spike noted that she seemed pretty enthused with her calling, which surprised him.

“No, Buffy. There is nothing else…I will depart, and leave you to ‘party and chill’, as you kids seem to put it nowadays.” Giles said in a disinterested and defeated tone.

“Yay! Thank Giles…you’re the best watcher a slayer could ask for!” She gave him a hug, as Willow and Xander happily made there way to the dance floor.

So much for being enthused about her calling. Spike inwardly chuckled.

“I will see you tomorrow, Buffy…Spike.” He acknowledged with a nod, which in turn, nodded back.

Once Giles was gone, Buffy turned to Spike and smiled. “Well…what are you waiting for?”

“What?” he asked nervously.

“Well…this is a club…and there is music. I say there is some dancing that’s in order.”

Spike smiled nervously, and shifted his weight. “I-um-I don’t dance, pet.”

“Don’t or won’t?” Buffy pressed with mischief in her eyes.

“Don’t-as-as in I can’t.” Spike sounded like a teenager again. Although this time it was much scarier. Buffy had a way of making him nervous beyond belief.

“Oh, sure you can…you probably just forgot in your old age.” She quipped with a bright smile.

“Hey, you were the one that said I looked young.” He retorted, in an almost hurt voice.

Buffy just giggled, grabbed his hand, and pulled him towards the dance floor.

The beat of a new song started up as they reached the middle of the floor. The slower more sensual pulsing of the music was more appealing to both of them: Buffy because she got to be closer to him, and Spike because he was sure he wasn’t going to look like a complete git.

Twisted this feeling walked out of shape
So tired of revealing the moves that I make

And I know, yes I know, but is this real?
And I know, yes I know, but is this real?


Buffy turned her back to his front, and silently thanked the Gods that she was a girl that knew how to move her hips. She took his hands in hers and lightly placed them on her hips, as she started to sexily move her hips to the slow, pulsing beat.

Feeling inconstant could drive me insane
Flesh to blood to bone to love
Twisted...

And I know, yes I know, but is this real?
And I know, yes I know, but is this real?

Is this real?


Spike was moving along with her, mimicking her slow swaying pattern. Buffy kept her hands on his, holding him to her. The two soon got lost in the ecstasy of the moment, closing their eyes, and letting the waves of the song pour over them.

Spike could hear her heart against his chest and could tell that she was just as effected by this dance as he was. He thought he was going to go crazy. Her hair smelt of lavender, and some beautiful smell that was uniquely her. The way her small body pressed against his was driving him mad with want.

Twisted this feeling
Flesh, blood, bone, love
Twisted
Twisted this feeling

And I know, yes I know, but is this real?
And I know, yes I know, but is this real?


The two moved as if they were making love on the dance floor. Completely consumed with each other, and completely lost to the world around them.

Willow was trying her hardest to keep Xander from ripping the two blondes apart. She thought they looked like a sexy couple, as Xander thought they would look a lot sexier without Spike in the picture.

Flesh to blood to bone my love
Twisted
Twisted

Is this real?


“Xander…relax. See the song’s already over.” Willow struggled not to sound hurt by the fact Xander was upset about Buffy dancing with another guy. It wasn’t like he knew she had been crushing on him for like, ever.

“Yeah but it doesn’t change the fact that she just met this guy-vampire-and she’s already dancing sexy with him and giving him moon eyes. I don’t trust this guy Wils. He’s bad news.” Xander frowned as he watched the two blondes stop dancing, and Buffy turn towards him with a coy smile.

He linked both his hands with hers and pulled her gently towards him. She looked up at him with wide green eyes. He placed a soft, and sweet kiss on her lips, and savoured the way her lips tasted of strawberries.

“I best be going, luv.” Spike whispered softly against her lips.

“So that’s it…you’re just gunna leave?” She whispered back, trying to keep the disappointment out of her voice and failing horribly.

“You’ll see me around.” Placing on last soft kiss on her lips, Spike backed away with a wink and walked confidently out of the club.

Buffy let out the dreamy sigh that was just dying to be released, and walked back towards their table.

Her life just got really interesting.

A/N: please review!!!
Surprise! by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
Wow! thanks for all the reviews!! cookies all around!
Chapter 3: Surprise!

It was a week later and a threat was yet to show it’s ugly face. This whole Darla/Angelus thing was really throwing Buffy off. According to Spike they were pretty dangerous, and that totally wasn’t what she needed right now. Although, there was something that had her even more frightened than the gruesome twosome. William the Bloody. The slayer of slayers, as it was written in the books.

Buffy skimmed through Giles’ books some more, looking for anything she could find on the subject. She was never research gal, that was Willow, but Buffy wanted to do this on her own, and relieve the gang of the extra worry. Reading a page of one of the watcher diaries, Buffy found information on the slayers this destructive vampire had killed.

They were so strong…so skilled. Candice was older than me and had way more experience. If I were to meet him I’d be dead in a second. The young slayer thought to herself.

Reading farther into it, she read how this William the Bloody cracked her neck on a subway, and stripped her of her leather duster, leaving her child an orphan.

She had a kid!? She thought incredulously. “Wait…” her thoughts halted. “Leather duster?”

“What you got there, pet?” Spike asked knowing full well what she was reading, and practically saw the wheels turning in her head.

Buffy gasped loudly, with a hand over her heart, trying to stop the racing organ. “God, Spike you scared me.” Does he always just pop up out of nowhere? Buffy looked at the vampire and noticed what he was wearing. God he’s hot! With his tight black jeans, old Doc Martins, tight black shirt and… “Leather duster.” Buffy said quietly in a breathless whisper. It was like a moment of clarity washed over her body. The heart that had slowed started to race again as it all pieced together.

Buffy stood up from the chair and stepped away from him, her eyes never leaving his. “William the Bloody.” She stated in a cold, detached tone.

Spike sighed dejectedly and hung his head ashamed. “I was. Look, Buffy, I didn’t lie to you. I do have a soul.”

“But you did lie to me!” She shouted angrily. “You told me your name was ‘Spike’!”

“It is…I changed it to ‘Spike’ about a century after I got turned.” Spike’s voice was full of sadness, as he spoke of his past. Buffy noticed this and relaxed a little. A little.

“You killed so many people…those slayers.” She spoke softly, almost sorry for him.

“I know…and I’m still paying for that. But that’s not me anymore. I’m here to stop the monsters. The kind that I used to be.” Spike stepped closer to her and was glad that she didn’t move away.

“You were ruthless. Your signature kill was driving railroad spikes through people’s heads. That’s how you got the nickname isn’t it?” Buffy’s voice grew cold and hard again, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Yes…” he admitted sitting down in the chair the slayer occupied only minutes before. “Why do you think I was cursed? Witches cursed me with a soul, saying that if I ever experienced true happiness, I’ll lose it. It happened right after I killed the second slayer…they wanted me to suffer; to deprive myself of all happiness if I wanted others to experience it.” Buffy walked over towards the table and pulled up a chair beside him. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you, pet. To be honest, I was scared you wouldn’t believe it, and stake me right and proper.” The bleach blonde scratched the back of his neck shyly.

“Darla and Angelus are you family, right? How do we know you’re not gunna turn on us?” Buffy asked lightly. She didn’t sound worrisome about that at all. She knew he wouldn’t, but she had to hear him say it.

“I won’t. Buggering hell…I’ve wanted that bloody bint and that sodding prick dead even before I got my soul. Angelus is a raving sadistic bastard that loves mind games, and Darla is a teasing bitch that likes to play all kinds of dirty. Believe me when I say: I don’t mind takin’ ‘em down.” Spike finished, trying to rein his anger. He felt pang slice through him as the physical and mental scars came back with vigor.

Wait a bloody second… The pain grew and he felt it on his neck…through the scar that forever marked him as part of the Aurelius clan. Spike put a hand to the right side of his neck, hoping to stop the psychological pain. Gramps is back. He thought to himself.

“What is it?” Buffy asked concerned. She didn’t know what it was, but to her it looked like he was in pain. What’s wrong with him?

Spike shot out of his seat and grabbed Buffy’s hand, pulling her towards the door. “Let’s go!”

“Spike stop…what the hell?!” Buffy tugged her arm back. “What is going on?” she asked with furrowed brows.

Spike turned around to look at her. He held her face in both his hands gently.

Buffy nearly exploded when his cold but soft hands touched her cheeks.

“Do you trust me?” he asked, bending his knees slightly to be at eye-level with her. He looked intensely into her radiantly bright green eyes with his piercing blue ones.

“Yeah…” she stated softly, and with a slight smile she continued, “I totally just felt like Jasmine in ‘Aladdin’.” Spike gave her a weird look, with a raised brow. “Nevermind.” Spike smiled at her, grabbed her petite hand in his larger one, running out the library doors.

Spike thanked his lucky stars that it was just after sunset. Running through the sewers was not that appealing to him. Especially since he knew Darla and Angelus would have minions down there waiting for him.

The two blondes booked it down the empty hallways, to one of the back doors of the school, only to be stopped when a tall, dark and handsome man standing in front of them, with his hand tightly gripping Spike’s throat.

The malicious smile that was forming on his lips, told the slayer exactly who this was. Angelus.

“You must be Buffy…the slayer. Hmm…” he said looking her up and down, observing her looks. “Cuter than I thought.” Angelus lifted another hand and was letting it ghost over her cheek.

“Don’t. Touch. Her.” Spike ground out in a low and dangerous voice.

Buffy was completely still the whole time, too shocked that the danger that was suppose to be coming…was here.

Angelus let his hand drop, and turned to stare at Spike. “You’re not really in the position to be talking back, are you, Spikey?” Angelus punctuated his sentence by squeezing tighter. “Is this how you welcome me home, boy? After centuries of destruction together, all the mayhem, and pain…I thought you’d know better than to treat me like some old foe.” The older vampire relived with a mock hurt expression.

Spike tried to keep his cool, and not show the slayer how much pain he was in. The pain from the mark on his neck, and the pain from the force of Angelus’ grip were excruciating. Angelus was hitting a pressure point that made the younger vampire want to buckle to the floor. But he knew that his grandsire was just doing this to scare Buffy.

“Let him go.” The slayer’s voice was strong, but wavered slightly with fear.

And Angelus could smell it. “Aww…is the Slayer getting a soft spot for little Willy?” he mocked. “How would Drusilla feel about this, Spike? Knowing that you and the slayer are teaming up against your family? That her little William has been exchanging kisses with an enemy you would have killed without a second thought had you been relieved of that pesky soul of yours. I think she’d be pretty pissed off, don’t you?” Angelus continued in a dark and menacing tone, as he looked at Buffy. “Everywhere you go…everything you do…I’ll be watching. I’m here, and I’m gunna make this town mine.” The older vampire pushed Spike away, forcing him to stumble back in surprise. Angelus started backing away from the two blondes with an ominous smile. He turned around and slipped into the darkened hall. “Oh and Buff…cute skirt.” He called out.

Buffy started after him, only to be held back when Spike grabbed her arm. “No…not yet. He’s too strong right now. He just fed. Give it time.” Spike’s voice was hoarse, and the finger-shaped bruises on his neck were prominent.

“How much time, Spike, until he kills more innocent people? I can’t let that happen you know that!” Buffy told him angrily.

“Yes, Buffy…I get that! But if you go now, he’ll kill you. Then who is gunna save those ‘innocent people’? You have to think about this…I know him better than you do. I know his M.O. We’ll get him…we just need to be prepared when we do.” Spike finished running his hand through he’s platinum blonde curls.

Sighing, Buffy let Spike walk her back to her house.


a/n: please review!!! i love them!
I Trust You by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
thanks again for your great reviews! i'm soo glad that you like this story!

the plot thickens a bit and Darla makes an appearance...oooooh *shifty eyes*
Chapter 4: I Trust You

Buffy swung one leg through her open window, then her upper body, and finally her other leg, without so much as a noise.

Spike crouched by the window on his position on the roof. “You been practicing that little stunt? Your mom will never know you left with that stealth.” Spike commented with a smirk that mad the Slayer melt.

“Yeah, well…years of practice. I was sneaking out even before I was called.” Buffy said with a small laugh. “Thanks…for making sure I got home. This town just got a whole lot more terrifying since he showed up.” Buffy thanked sincerely.

“You got that right. Angelus wouldn’t come to the Hellmouth unless he was planning something big. And knowing that bloody bastard he’s got some evil plan formulating about ‘world domination’ or something tremendously dim-witted like that. Stupid git.” Spike ranted, murmuring the last thing under his breath, but Buffy heard him and let out a little giggle.

Spike relished in the sound and smile back at her.

“Spike, do you want-” Buffy pointed into her room, but her question was cut off by the vampire.

“Don’t.” He silenced her with a raised hand. He gazed down willing himself to avoid the rejected look on Buffy’s face he knew was there.

“Why?” she asked wounded.

“Because…I’m still a vampire. You shouldn’t be giving me an all access pass.” Spike declared, glancing at the threshold and putting a hand up to it.

“I trust you.” Buffy claimed after a beat. She knew that he wouldn’t do anything to hurt her, and she thought maybe he needed to know that she knew that.

“But what if-”

“I trust you.” She replied more firmly, but still gently, cutting him off, showing that there was no hesitation in her voice.

She flashed him a 100-watt smile that he couldn’t resist but to smile back at. Spike realized that he only started to smile; genuinely smile, around this spitfire of a slayer.

Said Slayer jarred him out of his reverie by formally clearing her throat, as if to get someone’s attention. “Spike…please come in. And don’t make a huff about it either.” She mock-scowled at him, then quickly dropped it and smiled.

Spike nodded, then stepped over the threshold, and into the room that was solely Buffy. The beautifully unique smell of her invaded his nostrils, and brought him to a euphoric high.

Buffy sat on her bed cross-legged, with her hands resting in her lap, and beckoned Spike over by patting the spot in front of her.

Spike shed his duster, much to Buffy’s pleasure, and sat down in the spot she had indicated, half cross-legged with the other leg hanging over the edge of the bed.

Over the week that Spike had made his presence known to Buffy, the two had become good friends. But the blonde slayer found her self deeply attracted to the vampire in front of her. The way he spoke, the cocky smirk, and the animalist gleam that he’d get in his amazingly blue eyes. It was also the vulnerability that shone in them as well. The sadness in his voice as he spoke of the past, the almost shy/nervous smile he gave her when she asked him to dance. He was a mixture of a bunch contradictory traits that made her stare at him in awe; amazed at how perfect he could be at times, and glare at him in frustration; confused at how he could change his persona so quickly.


The next night Buffy and Spike patrolled through Restfield Cemetery. They weaved their way through the tombstones, waiting for this night’s fledglings to rise from their graves.

“So…how’s school?” Spike asked her in a casual tone.

Turning to him with a frown, she answered hesitantly. “It’s okay, I guess.” Buffy continued to spin her stake in her hand, surveying the open ground for anything demonic.

“That’s good…we don’t want you burning down anymore school gyms now do we?” Spike joked, looking over at her with a glint in his eye.

A horrified look came over her face, as she looked over at him again. “You knew about that? Damn…I guess news travels fast around here.”

“Noo…I didn’t hear about it from anyone. I saw it.” Spike replied nonchalantly.

“You were there? It happened during the day.” Buffy countered, hopping up onto a gravestone. She let her heels tap the flat surface of the stone as she swung her legs.

Spike came to stand in front of her, and pulled out a smoke from his pack, along with his Zippo. “There are ways for vampires to get around during the day you know. I had to watch over you throughout the day. Make sure you weren’t getting yourself hurt by the nasties that can come out when it’s not nighttime.” Spike chuckled lightly. “You know I was gunna help you with those vamps, by uh…you had it under control.”

“Almost didn’t. Got in so much trouble for that. No one even believed me when I told them what happened.” Buffy pouted.

“And what was that, because I know you wouldn’t be daft enough to tell the truth.” Spike smirked, taking a drag of his smoke.

Buffy smiled shyly. “Well I may have mentioned mice…smoking mice.” Off Spike’s look she continued. “Okay that was probably the lamest excuse even I ever heard of.” The two blondes chuckled.

“So about this whole Scourge of Europe thing. You guys were that bad?” Buffy looked over to him, but was surprised to her someone else’s voice.

“Oh yeah…we were that bad. But your Spikey here was worse. Killed two slayers in his time, he did. Made Angelus and me so proud. Didn’t you, Willy?” Darla stepped out from the shadows, clad in black leather pants, and a blood red corset that pushed her breast up high on her chest. Her blonde hair fell just past her shoulders in crimps. Despite her choice of clothing her face still held a sweet appearance. It was easily deceiving to any person that had a pulse and wasn’t her.

Buffy jumped down from the stone and immediately got into fighting stance. Spike stood alongside her, keeping his eyes on his great-grandsire.

“Aww…would you look at that! Vampire and Slayer teaming up to fight the forces of evil…how sweet.” The blonde vampire mocked, as she circled around them both, but not making a single threatening advance towards them. She continued seriously, with a dark glare in her hazel eyes, and a menacing tone shadowing her words. “You’re a disgrace to us, Spike…to our family. We could have helped you.” Darla started to step towards him, the slayer forgotten to her as she scolded her childer like he was a young boy. Buffy started to step forward as well, holding her stake firmly in her hand. After a glare from the old vampire and an arm holding her back from the younger one, she backed off, watching the scene in front of her unfold. Turning her eyes back on Spike, she continued. “We could have gotten rid of that pesky soul of yours, turned you back into the evil bloodsucker that you were…but nooo. You ran off, like the little bitch that you are, and tortured yourself all these years feeling guilty over deaths you didn’t give two shits about when you sucked their blood dry! And now you’re helping the Slayer!?” she demanded, rhetorically in disbelief. “It’s sickening! You’re lucky Drusilla isn’t here to see this…we all know how much you hate to shame her.”

Spike continued to hold her strong gaze, trying not to think of his beloved sire. His jaw tightened and he trying his hardest not to throw a punch at her. It was time yet…both her and Angelus were at their strongest points right now, and jumping into a fight with either one of them when he wasn’t ready wouldn’t do anyone any good. “You leave Dru out this.” His voice was deep and barely heard by Buffy, but carried an air of warning. “Get out of here Darla. Go back to Angelus…we’re done.” Spike’s voice stayed low, as he bore holes into the blonde vampire.

A slow dangerous smile broke out on her face. “For now…” With that, she turned on her heel, and walked back into the shadows.

When Spike felt that her presence had left the cemetery, he visibly relaxed, and let out an unnecessary sigh. The two blondes stood in silence for a long period of time, lost in their own thoughts before one of them spoke up. It was Buffy. She had so many questions and demands, and thoughts about the things Darla had brought up…and the most irrelevant one was the first to pop out of her mouth. “Who’s Drusilla?”

Spike looked down at her in surprise, also being broken out of his own thoughts. He thought about her words. He knew he would have to tell her sooner than later…I guess sooner will have to do then, won’t it? He took a deep breath, and started explaining.



A/N: next chapter you read more about Spike’s life, and how he came to be a vampire, and then all of his experiences from then on…told in flashbacks.
Telling It Like It Was by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
here's a little bit of spikes past...there's also more in the next chapter as well hope you like it...things start to heat up a bit between them as well ...ooooh!
Chapter 5: Telling It Like It Was

1774-London, England

William walked down the street, ripping up the poems that were just recently ridiculed by a room full of people. The sound of their laughing and taunting still rang in his ears as the angry tears streamed down his cheeks.

William found himself bumping into a hard body that was walking in the opposite direction. “Watch where you’re going!” he shouted angrily. He continued to walk in that direction without looking back…and without knowing his whole life was about to change.

* * * * *

The pack of three strolled down the cobblestone streets as if it was their own. Darla clung to Angelus’ arm, as Drusilla stood lonely beside them. Dru had just finished feeding on a young man in an ally, and the blood was still running hot through her veins.

“I’m full and warm-yet all alone.” She stated wiping what blood was spilt on her chin.

“That's not true, precious. You've got us.” Angelus claimed, with a big smile, trying to cheer up his childer.

“Not in the least. You won’t even hurt me just a little bit.” Drusilla whispered out, the look on her face showing she wasn’t pleased.

“All you had to do was ask.” Darla commented with a sly smile linking her arm with Angelus’ and placing one pale, delicate hand over his big chest. She looked over at Dru.

“No. His head’s too full of you, grandmother.” Drusilla replied with a stone look on her face, and walked ahead of the other vampires.

“Stop calling me that.” Darla scolded, slapping Angelus’ chest half-heartedly when he let out a chuckle.

Angelus swung his other arm around Drusilla’s shoulders. “Well, if you’re lonely, Dru, why don’t you make yourself a playmate?”

Drusilla’s eyes lit up, and a smile grew on her face. She stopped walking as Darla and Angelus continued. “I could. I could pick the wisest and bravest knight in all the land - and make him mine forever with a kiss.” Drusilla mocked said kiss in the air.

A young man with tears in his eyes, bumped into Angelus. “Watch where you’re going!” He practically growled. Angelus paid no mind, but Drusilla looked back at him as he walked past her, smiling and walking slowly after him.

“Or you could just take the first drooling idiot that comes along.” Darla laughed out snidely.


* * * * *

“So she sired you then.” Buffy concluded with a nod.

“Yes.” Spike affirmed. “She was my savior…the love of my unlife.” He added with a bitter snort. “I would have done anything for that bint, and what’d I get for it? Nothing that’s what. Just the sheer pain of having to watch her go to Angelus’ bed at night once she was through with me.” Spike told her, through a clenched jaw.

“Well then why did you stay with her for as long as you did, if all she ever did was hurt you?” The two of them were now sitting in Buffy’s basement, cross-legged: her on the washer and him on the dryer, facing one another. Spike took the sewers while Buffy took the streets, not wanting her mom to ask too many questions about why she was bringing a guy home and taking him down to the basement.

“Because she was my sire.” Spike responded matter-of-factly, as if it was the easiest explanation. At Buffy’s confused look he continued. “Being my sire, she has this connection to me. If she needs me I have to go to her. I feel her pain, and her tears as if they were my own.” All this talking about Dru was making him want to go to her right now…but she wasn’t a part of him anymore. He made a promise to himself after he got his soul that he wouldn’t go back to that. No matter how badly he wanted to.

Buffy nearly shivered. To have that kind of a connection with someone and have no love for them… especially a Spike-someone? That chick’s gotta be crazy. Buffy thought to herself. “So you stayed with her, and loved her, even though she didn’t love you back?” Buffy was confused again.

“Well I felt like I had an obligation to her, yeah. She may not have loved me but she definitely cared for me. And I had to take care of her.” Spike whispered, looking down at his hands. For that moment in time he looked like a vulnerable little boy.

“Because of the connection?”

“Yeah, and-well Dru has always had a few screws loose. Well actually, missing is more like it.” Spike looked back up at Buffy. “It was Angelus’ fault. When he turned her he made her crazy. She already had the gift of sight, and then he went and made it worse by killin’ her family right in front of her. She knew what he was going to do to her before he did. When he was finished he turned her. Called her his bloody masterpiece.” Spike ran his fingers through his hair, and sighed. “The four of us, created a lot of trouble together. In all of Europe, China…then we went to New York in the 50’s. Dru was really into that whole Jazz scene. Everything was as it usually was; you know, maiming, violence, torture. Then in `73, horrible decade by the way, I got cursed with my soul. It was after I killed my second slayer. This witch wanted me to feel the pain that I’ve been causing to others.”

* * * * *

Spike staggered through the doors of the warehouse the four vampires were staying at. The look on his face could only be described as disoriented. He was looking at the world through new eyes now. Eyes of one with a soul. All of the things he had done…all the people and children he’d killed were coming back to haunt him. They all flashed before his eyes. He never knew there was so many of them.

“Hello my pet. I was wondering when you’d come back to me. Mummy was worried.” Drusilla greeted her childe, ghosting her fingertips over his pale cheek. He looked like hell. His eyes were bloodshot, and his skin was ashen. His whole body practically shook, and his breathing, although unnecessary, came in short rapid pants. “My dear boy. What happened to my Spike?” Dru whimpered out, looking at Spike with lost eyes as she backed away from him.

“It’s still me, luv. I’m still Spike.” Spike stepped towards her, desperate for her not to leave him.

“No. The pixies told me the truth. The said my Spike would leave, and that you’d come back broken. They gave you a soul.” The raven-haired vampire pouted and spoke softly as if speaking to herself.

“Yes…but I haven’t changed, luv. Please, don’t walk away, just give me a chance to prove myself to you.” Spike took two long strides towards Dru and wrapped his arms around her, effectively keeping her from leaving him.

“Alright my little Spike…mummy and grand mummy will take good care of you. We’ll turn you into the soulless killer you were.”

Spike smiled down at Dru, and she smiled back. He smashed his lips to hers in a passion-filled kiss.


* * * * *

“You went back to her. You got a soul, you realized all the bad you did when you were with her…but you still went back.” Buffy was starting to understand the whole sire thing now. No matter how horrible things got when he was with Dru, he’d always go back to her because of his connection, his need to be with her.

Spike nodded solemnly. “Yeah. Anyway, I continued on with them for a while…but I only killed those who deserved it; rapists, murderers…muggers. But that was it. One night Dru brought me a little girl. Said she’d taste sweet because she was so innocent. But I couldn’t do it. I took the little girl and I brought her home. I knew I couldn’t go back after that. So from there I took the car, and drove to wherever the new slayer was. I started helping out them out, fighting the things I used to be. I was on a search for redemption. The last slayer died about a month before I found you…I couldn’t save any of them, they all died on my watch and I promised myself that I wasn’t going to let that happen to you.”

Buffy smiled at him, and felt touched by his declaration. But she had to remind herself that he was like this with all the slayers. It didn’t mean that he liked her more, just that he didn’t want her to die. “You’re a great girl, Buffy. A lot of slayers don’t get a chance to grow, and really experience life outside of the vampires and demons and battles. But I want you to, you deserve it.” Spike tucked her hair behind her ear, and smiled.

Buffy blushed and smiled back. “Thanks.”

Spike’s hand lingered by her face, the back of his hand, caressing her cheek. His eyes traveled to her lips, as he slowly started to lean forward. Buffy’s tongue came out to wet her lips, and leaned forward as well.

“Buffy…can you please come up here for a second?” Joyce yelled down effectively breaking the mood.

Spike pulled away quickly, and scolded himself for letting him self get too close. Don’t let yourself fall for her, mate. You know that you wouldn’t be able to handle it if you did and she became too distracted with you that it effected her slaying. That’s your reason to keep a distance…to save her.Spike argued to himself. Spike jumped off the dryer, and shoved his hands into his pockets. “Well I should be going anyway. I need to go stop by the butcher’s before they close. I’ll see you later, Summers.” Spike walked to the back of the basement, and opened the little hatch that led to the sewers and jumped down.

“Buffy-!”

“I’m coming mom!” Buffy yelled back. She took a deep breath to collect herself, and then walked up the steps.

* * * * *

Please review!!!
Couldn't/Wouldn't by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
wow thank you to everyone that reviewed.
Chapter 6: Couldn’t/Wouldn’t

“I dunno Willow…it just kinda happened. Well almost happened. Mom called me upstairs before any real kissage took place.” Buffy was relaying the almost kiss between her and Spike, to Willow over the phone, twisting the cord around her finger with a giddy smile on her face.

“So, are you guys going out now?” her friend asked excitedly.

Buffy laughed self-depreciatively at that. “No! I mean I don’t even think he likes me all that much. It’s nothing I’m sure of it. Plus relationships at work are a no-no. It would make things complicated and…weird. Especially if it didn’t work out.” Buffy admitted sadly. Although that’s what she said, she really hoped it was something. He seemed to be a great guy-vampire guy-but still. That was also the big problem: she was the slayer and he was a vampire. There were complete opposites. Opposites attract. A little voice in her head whispered.

“I’m sorry Buffy. But who knows, maybe everything will turn out okay in the end.” Willow tried to cheer her friend up by putting hope within her.

“Thanks, Wills. Anyways I should get going…I’m supposed to be meeting up with him for a patrol in a bit. I hope it won’t be weird. Wish me luck?” Buffy asked on a sigh. She was nervous, but she was excited at the same time.

“Luck! Have fun…oh and tell me everything!” The two said their goodbyes and hung up the phone.

Buffy changed into some comfortable slaying clothes but also something that would catch Spike’s attention. She tugged on her tight black leather pants, and slipped on a red tank top. She pulled her golden blonde hair into a high ponytail with an elastic band, and grabbed her jacket, and a stake slipping it into the inner pocket. Buffy hopped down the stairs, and into the kitchen to say bye to her mother.

“Mom, I’m going to the Bronze with Willow and Xander. I’ll be home around 12.”

“Okay…just make sure you get home alright. There’s been a lot of attacks on teens lately.” Joyce mentioned, concern written all over her face.

“Yeah…I know.” Buffy smiled and walked away. “It’s something I’m trying to fix.” She muttered under her breath walking out the door, into the night.

She started walking down the driveway when something caught her senses. Vampire. Backing up slowly, she whipped out her stake, and walked towards the big tree in her front yard. She kept her steps quite and slow. Hearing a clicking sound she jumped in front of the demon, and raised her stake.

“Easy slayer. Dust isn’t a good look for me.” Spike commented calmly, shoving his Zippo back into his pocket. He took a long drag from his cigarette, and blew it out, letting the smoke raise up through the dark sky.

“Jesus, Spike. Do you always stand outside people’s houses creeping behind a tree?” Buffy asked rhetorically.

“Nope. Just you.” Spike said with a smirk, sending her a wink. At her smiled, he could do nothing but smile back. The two started walking down the road towards the nearest cemetery. Spike’s mind was boggled about the almost kiss the other day. He wanted her so badly that he would be itching to touch her, but he knew he couldn’t let that happen. Relationships in the workplace never worked out. He knew from experience. Candice was the slayer in ’81, and literally took his breath away. He was just starting to help the slayers and Candice changed all the rules for him. He was off his game, and he let himself get distracted by her. She would look at him and he would forget he was fighting, and let his opponent get the upper hand. She had dark chestnut brown hair with dark soulful eyes. She fought dirty, and he liked it.

He was in Brooklyn when he found her; she was practically living on the streets. Her mother was sick of her coming home late and thought she was getting herself caught up in a bad crowd after she came home late one night with blood on her shirt and a bruised face.

She was kicked out, forced to live in a shelter until she was seventeen. She was a waitress at the diner downtown during the day, giving her enough money to rent a small apartment in the not-so-good part of town. He ran into her one night while she was fighting a fledgling on her school field. She had just turned eighteen. He helped her by staking the vamp from behind. He expected a ‘thank you’, but all he got was a punch in the face, and a lot of attitude. After he broke down her walls, and let him in, the two became close. Too close. They started dating, and things couldn’t get any better. Until that one night when he let him self get distracted by her. She screamed and he ran towards her tackling the vampire that was a hair away from biting her, and pummeling him into the ground not even noticing the second vampire tearing into her neck from behind, drinking down her life.

When Spike heard a thud, he turned around to see her lying on the ground, pale and gasping for her last breaths. He ran to her, and held her in his arms, trying to keep her warm. Spike glanced up at the vampire that bit Candice, and growled, his eyes flashing a feral gold. Taking that as his cue, he ran away into the night.

Spike? I’m scared…” she whispered out, as her body trembled. “I don’t want to die.”

Making a split second decision, Spike’s face changed, and he gently bit into her neck taking a small pull on her blood. Slitting his wrist with his fang, he let her blood drip onto her lips. She started licking the blood cautiously at first, and then sucking on the gash eagerly as her breathing escalating.

He turned her. He had to. He couldn’t let her die, and leave him alone. She would have wanted him to. He brought her back to her apartment and waited. When she awoke, the most disturbing sight stood in front of him. She was dark. There was an evil smile upon her face, and her once soulful eyes, cold and unfeeling. She strode towards him slowly, and seductively. She seemed empty and it turned him off.

Let’s get someone to eat, baby…I’m starving.” She said running her hands down his chest.

What’s wrong with you?”

Nothing…I haven’t felt this good in a long time. I feel like I could do anything.” She smiled up at him, and he almost gave into her.

I can’t let you kill anyone, Candice…it’s not right.”

Aw…sweetie.” She said in a soft voice. She raised her cold hand and stroked his cheek lovingly. She leaned up to whisper in his ear. “What makes you think you can stop me?” she asked condescendingly, letting out a low and wicked chuckle. Spinning on her heel she started to walk towards the door.

Candice.” He called out, stopping her in her tracks. She didn’t turn around, just stayed still as she felt him near her. He pressed his body against hers, making her gasp. “I won’t let you kill anyone.” He repeated again, his voice firmer, and with more conviction.

What are you going to do…stake me? You couldn’t.”

I could.” At that, she whipped around to stare at him with disbelieving eyes.

But you wouldn’t.” he voice faltered a little, almost worried that he would. Spike hung his head and let out an unnecessary breath. “Of course you wouldn’t. My sweet, sweet boy.” She smiled again running her hand down his cheek again.

Goodbye.” Spike whispered so softly it was barely heard. But she heard him. Her eyes widened in shock, her delicate brows frowning in confusion. Spike reached into his back pocket and withdrew a stake, and plunged it into her chest, his head still hung, not wanting to she the broken look on her face.

He made a promise to himself after that night to never get too close to a slayer again. It always ended up with someone getting hurt; usually him. And he didn’t think he could take that much pain again.
Wearing Me Down by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
hey thanks for the reviews!!! i just had to update for you guys...your spurring me on!!! woot woot...chapter 7 with some dialogue from Angel season 4
Chapter 7: Wearing Me Down

Angelus stood outside Buffy’s bedroom window an evil smile gracing his lips. He watched her patrol all night at a distance, and then followed her home. Now he was watching her shadow move about her room, hiding her stake in her drawer and changing out of her ‘work’ clothes. From what he saw while she was on patrol, Angelus could anticipate her moves. She had certain routines; combos if you will. And if he noticed one, he could counter the others easily. And everyone thought fighting slayers was hard. Angelus walked away from the tree he was hiding behind, and continued along to feed.

Buffy threw herself on her bed after getting changed. She had just gotten back from patrolling, and she was completely exhausted. Buffy had gone by herself, not wanting to bother Spike. Their patrol last night was a little uncomfortable since the almost kiss. It was like they both wanted to say something about it, but were too afraid to.

All night she had this weird feeling like somebody was watching her, but she shook it off and continued patrolling. Now she snuggled up into her bed, happy to be home, and where she could pretend to be the normal girl she dreamed she could be.

* * * * *

Spike sat in his basement suit, on his couch while he drank his blood. He was upset. Buffy didn’t call him to go for patrol, and for some reason it disappointed him. He liked talking to her and the way she fought was always something he liked to watch. Something in his gut told him that something was off. Acting on his instincts, Spike jumped up, grabbed his duster and ran out the door.

He didn’t get halfway there when he felt himself get slammed up against the wall, and a hard body pushing against his back. “There was a time, Spikey, when you wouldn’t have let yourself get caught off guard so easily.” A deep voice taunted right by his ear.

“Angelus.” Spike mumbled out pushing back at him, and breaking the hold his grandsire had him in. “What do you want?” he asked the rage and hate in his voice clear.

“Well I want that cute little slayer of yours…dead of course. Alive she’s just annoying.” Angelus joked with a sick smile on his face.

“Sorry, but I’m never gonna let that happen.” Spike said with determination, keeping his stance strong.

“Look at you! The Slayer of Slayers being all noble! It’s touching really.” Angelus mocked, placing his hand over his dead, un-beating heart.

“Hate to leave so soon and break up this pleasant confrontation, but I have places to be.” Spike tried to walk around him, but Angelus stopped him with his voice.

“Like Buffy’s? Going to give her a pep talk on me, and what’s coming? Oh no…don’t tell me. The rousing stiff upper lip speech. ‘Rah rah. Good over evil. Do what must be done. Hang in there, kitten, it's almost Friday!’” Angelus mocked some more, letting out a chuckle.

Spike ran at him then, pinning him to the wall, causing Angelus to smack his head on the brick wall. Spike’s face was dangerously close to his grandsire’s, showing him he wasn’t faltering. “I’m giving you one last chance Angelus, for you and Darla to get the bloody hell out of Sunnydale.”

The brunette vampire smiled evilly. “Sorry Willy-boy…you’re not getting rid of me that quickly.” He pushed Spike away and side-kicked him in the gut. “You could have been better than this Spike. I actually thought you had a chance after the second slayer. Then you went all…good.” He commented with a disgusted look on his face.

Spike punched him back in the face, quickly following it up with a spin kick to his jaw. Angelus stumbled back a little, caught off guard. “There was a time, when you wouldn’t have let yourself get caught off guard so easily.” Spike taunted, throwing Angelus’ words back at him, as he watched the evil vampire wipe blood from his lip.

It got really silent for a minute. Spike had never fought back against Angelus during an actual serious fight. The two would spar with both holding back, or Angelus would beat Spike into submission. Angelus was shocked to say the least. But proud at the same time…because the monster he created once upon a time, still craved the fight.

The dark-haired vampire chuckled lightly again. “He’s still in there, Spike.” He said softly. “The demon, the monster I made…he’s still there. And he wants to come out. The thirst for the blood, the crave of the hunt…feeling the existence of a sweet young girl die as you suck the life out of her.” At this point, Spike’s grandsire was stepping closer to him slowly, watching his expression change.

At Angelus’ words, Spike began to practically taste the rich blood in his mouth. He closed his eyes and remembered back to that time when he saw Buffy fighting in the alley. He’d wanted to drink from her so bad, it scared him. He hadn’t craved for blood like that since the first few months he had his soul.

“You still want it.” Spike’s eyes snapped open. “So, take it. We’ll go look for some beautiful girl, for you to play with. It can be like the old days.” Angelus smirked at him as he put an arm around Spike’s shoulder. “Huh?”

At that, Spike came back to his senses and shook his grandsire’s arm off of him. “Sod off, wanker!” spike threw a punch at him, and then another and another, until both of them were in a full out brawl. Spin kicks, roundhouses, side-kicks, uppercuts, right hooks and more. Angelus pulled away from Spike’s grip, and punched him hard in the face one last time.

“It’s wearing you down, Spike. It’s just a matter of time.” Angelus walked back into the darkness, blending in with the shadows.

Spike let out a sigh, and coughed up blood. He could feel the bruises and cuts on his face, and he was sure Angelus broke a few of his ribs.

* * * * *

Buffy heard a tapping at her window, and immediately jumped out of bed to open it. When she did, she gasped at the sight in front of her. “Oh my God, Spike…what the hell happened to you?” Buffy pulled him into her room and sat him on her bed.

“Nothing I’m fine…I just came to fill you in on some things.” Spike said wincing at the pain in his ribs when he sat.

“Nothing? It doesn’t look like nothing. Who did this to you?” Buffy touched his cheek softly, where she saw the gash on his cheekbone. “Sorry.” She whispered when he flinched.

“It was Angelus…I felt like something was off in my gut, and I went to see if you were okay, and he pulled me into an alley…we just had a few words.” Spike stated in a closed off tone.

“Hmm…his words can really pack a punch.” Buffy said teasingly, and Spike gave her a hard look. “Well have you looked in a mirror?” Buffy cringed at her own words. “Sorry, sorry…we really oughta get you cleaned up. I’ll be right back.” Buffy walked out of her bedroom and crept slowly into the bathroom, getting a washcloth and running it under the tap before ringing it out a little. She walked back into her bedroom and knelt in front of Spike. Buffy gently began cleaning the wounds on his face, and on his hands.

The moment seemed intimate to both of them. Buffy looked up at him and smiled that 100-watt smile that made Spike’s un-beating heart clench. He smiled back at her, as she continued to tend to his wounds.

When she was done she stood up, and threw the cloth in her dirty laundry hamper, and sat down next to him. “You’re lucky I was here, otherwise you would have had some pretty nasty scars.”

“I heal quickly.” Spike shifted, his ribs become uncomfortable. Buffy noticed, and tried to lift his shirt to take a look at them, but Spike’s hand stopped her. “It’s okay…I’ll be okay.” He slowly began lowering her hand, bringing his shirt down with it. “They already started mending.”

Buffy sighed, and he felt bad. She was just trying to help him…because she cared, and he just pushed her away. But he had to, because if he let her lift his shirt he would have pounced on her, broken bones or not. “Hey…I know you’re just trying to help. But really I’m fine…You don’t have to worry about me. Vampire, remember?” he said pointing to himself with a smile.

Buffy smiled back, and held his hand in hers. “I know…it just scares me to think of anything bad happening to you.” She replied gently. She looked into his blue eyes and couldn’t hold back anymore. She leaned forward and closed her eyes softly pressing her lips against his full pouty ones.

Spike was shocked at first, not reacting to her lips on his, but when he felt her start to pull away he weaved his hand through her golden locks and held her to him. The two fell into a slow and tender kiss; with her tongue massaging Spike’s. Buffy was the first to pull away gradually, her face inches away from his. “I’ve wanted to do that for a long time now.” She whispered. Spike could feel her words on his lips she was so close. Buffy opened her eyes to see Spike staring at her intently. “I wasn’t disappointed.” She finished, blushing. She leaned forward again to capture his lips again when he held her back.

“Buffy we can’t do this. I’m sorry but we can’t.” Spike said quietly, and regrettably.

Buffy reeled back, and looked at him confused…then hurt. Tears started building up in her eyes, and she quickly turned away from his gaze. Taking a deep breath to calm herself, she spoke. “I though that-” her voice got caught in her throat, but she cleared it to continue. “I just thought that…you felt the same.”

The words from her mouth broke his heart and he tried to tell her he did. “Buffy I-”

“No…no it’s okay Spike, I understand.” Buffy turned to look at him with a big fake smile…he could still see the tears in her eyes. “Didn’t hurt a bit.”

Spike looked down at his lap, feeling horrible that he had hurt her.

Buffy spoke again without looking at, but at a spot on the carpet in front of her. “I’m getting pretty tired…I think it’d be best if you left?” She questioned, as if he had a choice. She sounded nice about it, like she really was tired and she just wanted sleep, but he knew different.

Sighing, Spike got up, and stood in front of her. He kissed her lightly on the forehead. “I’m sorry.” He whispered, before leaving her room, out the window.

When Buffy felt he was gone, she broke down and cried into her pillow, muffling her sobs. Why was she in tears? It’s not like she loved him…so why was she crying so much?


A/N: so we got a little bit of kissage, but this is where we start to see a real relationship start to grow...please keep reading and reviewing!! love ya!
Mistaking Identities by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
thank you again for reviewing. i just wanted to say that i really liked writing out this up-coming scene between Spike and Buffy...i don't know why but i did. I hope you like reading it...so please review!
Chapter 8: Mistaking Identities

Buffy had forgone slaying with Spike for about 2 weeks. She tried her hardest to avoid him, and the pain of the rejection he sent her way. Giles and the rest of the gang were wondering what was going on between them since Buffy had never brought him up, and chose to go on her patrols without him. She made sure that she had the rest of the gang with her, not wanting Angelus to either get to them while she was out patrolling or to attack her when she was alone.

Giles was starting to get worried. It had been 2 weeks since Buffy said she last saw Spike, and no one from the gang had heard anything about him. The watcher was starting to wonder if maybe something happened to him. There were a lot of dead bodies turning up in Sunnydale, and Angelus was starting to leave messages.

He kept leaving notes taped to Buffy’s window saying that the time for her death was near. He drew pictures of her sleeping in her bed, and brought it to her school on a dark day, asking the secretary to please get this to her.

The fact that he could watch her in such a vulnerable state unnerved her. He was starting to get to her, and she hated to admit it, but she needed Spike. He knew Angelus’ games, and could help anticipate his next move.

Buffy, Willow, Xander, Cordelia, and Giles sat in his apartment, researching Angelus as much as possible. He wasn’t like Spike: he hadn’t killed any slayers, but he was known for torturing his victims, and ‘breaking them in’. There was more about nailing puppies to walls, and massacres and such and it shook her to the core. Angelus was very dangerous, and she knew she couldn’t fight him alone.

She was broken out of her thoughts when there was a knock on the door. They all looked at each other, and frowned. Everyone that they had been expecting was already here. So who was at the door?

Opening it, Buffy automatically wish she hadn’t. Spike stood on the other side of the door, looking disheveled. “Hello, Buffy. We need to talk.” Spike walked in without waiting for her to reply.

“How did you do that? You have to be invited first.” Buffy claimed angrily, placing her hands on her hips.

Giles stepped up to greet Spike. “He has…he’s come over once before to discuss his past with the Scourge.” Giles lead Spike in to sit down on the couch, and the rest of the gang gathered around to hear what Spike had to say.

Buffy opted for leaning in the doorframe in the kitchen with her arms crossed over her chest, trying to stay away from Spike without making it look obvious to her friends.

“Word on the street is: Darla and Angelus are in cahoots with a small gang of vampires from the outskirts of town. They’ve made them their minions, and plans to take down the slayer are already in motion.” Spike said his voice firm and serious.

“Yeah we know…Angelus’ has been sending messages to Buffy for the past week. He’s been drawing pictures of her while she’s sleeping. Let me tell ya…really creepy.” Cordelia said shuddering.

“And he killed my goldfish.” Willow added with a pout. “I just glad I don’t have a puppy, cause from the stories we read about Angelus…puppy is really hard to clean off walls.”

Spike frowned and turned around to Buffy. “He’s been sending you drawings?” he asked softly.

Buffy straightened up, and dropped her arms to her sides. She nervously looked about the room. “Yeah…and a couple of notes too.”

“Can I talk to you alone for a second Buffy?” asked while standing up and walking towards her.

Looking over at her friends, she nervously shifted her weight to the other foot. “Uh…yeah sure, I guess.” She followed Spike as he walked up the stairs to Giles’ bedroom. The vampire let her walk in before him, and then closed it behind them. “So what is it that you wanted to talk to me about?” she asked pretending she had no idea.

“Don’t play dumb with me slayer, you know what I want to talk to you about.” At that Buffy lowered her head a little and took in a deep breath. “I’m sorry that I hurt you. But that…between us; it can’t happen again.” Spike claimed, looking at Buffy with apologetic eyes.

“That’s it? That’s all you wanted to say? Look you said it already okay…I get it.” Buffy crossed her arms over her chest; trying to block the pain that was working it’s way to her heart. “Are we done here?”

“No.” Spike stepped closer to Buffy, standing a foot or two away from her. “I don’t think you understand, pet I-”

Buffy abruptly cut him off. “I’m not your pet.” She spat out the word like it was a disease, and spoke with a strong tone. “I do understand, Spike. You don’t want me and I was naïve to think that you did.” Buffy looked down at the floor, and continued softly. “I don’t know, for some reason I thought that something was there, that maybe-” she stopped to take a breath and let it out. “Maybe you liked me, but I was very, very wrong.”

Spike stepped closer to her, and tilted her head up to lock eyes with her. Placing one hand on her cheek, and the other around the side of her neck stroking her jaw line with the pad of his thumb. “You weren’t wrong, luv. I like you, and I care about you…” He sighed, and went on in a whisper. “But I can’t be with you.”

Tears collected in Buffy’s eyes at the vampire’s words, and she tried hard to keep them from falling. The feel of his hands on her face and the way he was looking at her was too much, and a tear escaped, but was brushed away by Spike. “Why not?” she whispered back.

Spike closed his eyes for a second, pained by the weakness in her voice, and the tremble of her lip while she spoke. Opening them again, he looked down at her. “Because I’ll get distracted by you, and that may cost you your life. If something happened to you…” his voice choked at the thought. “I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself. You’re too important to me.”

Buffy broke down into tears at his declaration, and let him pull her into a tight hug. He stroked her hairs softly, and planted soft kisses to her head. When her tears started to die down into soft sniffles, Spike whispered gently in her ear. “We’re stronger apart.”

Buffy sighed in defeat, but knowing that he felt the same way as her made her feel a little better. She slowly pulled away from him, and Spike ran his fingers through her hair. “Come on, I’ll take you back home okay?” she nodded, and walked towards the door, making herself presentable. She quickly checked in front of the mirror to make sure she didn’t look like she was just balling her eyes out, and then made her way downstairs, with Spike following behind her.

“Is everything alright?” Giles asked, looking Buffy over.

“Yup! I’m fine, I’m just really tired.” She feigned a yawn. “It’s been a long day. Spike’s just gonna walk me home.”

“Okay…call me tomorrow?” Willow asked standing up to give her friend a hug.

“Of course. Bye guys…” Buffy grabbed her coat, and crossbow, and walked out the door with Spike.

When the two of them got to Buffy’s house, she invited Spike in so they could talk some more. Buffy had told her mom about a new friend that she made named Spike, and at the time she had told her that he was one of Xander’s friends from a long time ago. During the two weeks that she hadn’t seen Spike, she had told her mom about how she was a slayer, and Spike was a vampire that was helping her. She retold the whole story and with Giles by her side to support her. Joyce had taken it well considering the situation, and tried her hardest to come to terms with what this meant for her daughter.

Now, Buffy wanted to introduce Spike to her mom for the first time, and let her into her other life. Buffy and Spike walked through the door, and into the kitchen. What they saw made both of them stop in their tracks. Angelus sat at the island with her mother, having a conversation about Buffy.

“She’s a very unique girl. There was this one time-” Buffy cut off her mother’s story.

“What the hell is going on here?” she asked angrily.

“Oh Buffy...Spike just dropped by to see if you were here. I told him he could wait until you got back.” Joyce said with a smile.

“That’s not Spike! What the hell are you doing in my house?” Buffy questioned with rage.

“Oh I just popped by for a visit Buff. Your mom was a great host…she told me a lot about you.” He said with a smile. He stood up and walked towards her. “How you use to be a cheerleader, and uh…you’d dance around your room singing ‘I Touch Myself’.” Angelus taunted with a chuckle, as he got closer to her. He twirled a piece of her hair around his finger. “How you’re not a natural blonde. That I don’t believe, but there’s only one way to find out.” he stated raising his eyebrows.

Spike pushed him back hard, making him stumble into the corner of the island. “Stay the bloody hell away from her you sod!” Spike warned with a growl.

“Okay, what is going on, Buffy?” Joyce asked with confusion written all over her face.

Once Buffy found her voice, she answered. “That isn’t Spike, mom. This is Spike.” She corrected nodded to the blonde man standing beside her.

“Well then who’s this?” Joyce pointed to Angelus. When she looked back at her daughter, Angelus ran to her by the neck and pulled her back towards his chest, holding her in a tight grip.

“I’m Angelus.” He whispered in her ear, once his fangs grew out and the ridges formed on his forehead. Buffy and Spike both moved to attack him, until he squeezed Joyce’s neck tighter, making her whimper in pain. “Ah-ah-ah. Don’t wanna do that…the game’s just beginning. Why end it so soon?” Angelus smirked, at the look of fear on her face.

“It’s me you’re after Angelus. Let my mom go, and you can have me.” Buffy vowed unwaveringly. She stared the dark-haired vampire in the eyes, and didn’t notice the look of fear that crossed Spike’s face, as he turned to look at her. But Angelus did…and that caused a little smirk to grow on his face.

“Really? Do you think I’m stupid, Buff? If I let your mom go, you and Captain Peroxide here, are gonna be running at me with stakes drawn.”

“If you don’t let go, we’ll kill you anyways.” Spike said with venom as he glared at his grandsire.

“Hm…is that right? Do you think you can kill me before I kill her? Come on give it a try it’ll be fun!” he stated with enthusiasm.

Without thought Buffy lifted the crossbow that she had in her hand, and aimed it at him. Angelus looked shocked to see it, obviously not noticing it before. Buffy aimed it quickly at his leg, and shot it, causing his to break his hold from Joyce’s neck for a quick second. But in that time, Spike and reached for her arm, and pulled her behind him.

Spike noticed her slowly fading in and out of consciousness, and let her use him to hold herself up. Buffy watched at Angelus growled loudly, yanking out the arrow from his leg, and snapping it in half with one hand. Buffy aimed the crossbow at him again, but just as she pulled it, Angelus ran away, breaking down the back door faster than lightning.

With a sigh of relief, Buffy turned to her mother, and her and Spike helped her up to her room. Buffy called over the gang and told them what had happened as well as getting Willow to do a de-invite spell on the house. After that was finished with, Spike offered to stay at the house with her and her mother, knowing Buffy was still a little shaken up.

Angelus knew her now. He knew her vulnerable points, and Spike knew that Angelus would use those against her in a fight. He’d use them to break her down, and make her weak. Angelus had the advantage.
Realizations by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
thanks for waiting...i know there's been a long delay. I hope this makes up for it though. i hope i still have my readers...and if i do you can prove it by leaving a review!!! lol
Chapter 9: Realizations

Angelus stormed into the warehouse, nearly kicking the door off its hinges. He picked up the heavy wood table that was by the entrance of the dank building, and threw it at the wall sending shards of wood flying and one even pierced a vampire minion that was walking by; sending dust and debris falling to the concrete.

“I was so fucking close!” Angelus roared out. Darla walked out into the middle of the room from a hallway on the right. She walked closer to him.

“Careful when you throw wood around. We could have used him.” Darla said calmly, not really caring.

“I was there…at her house. I had her mother’s throat in my grip, and-ARRGHH!” the brunette vampire punched a hole in the pillar beside him.

“It’s fine Angelus.” Darla said softly, stroking the side of his cheek and effectively calming him down. “We have plenty of time, my boy. Let the slayer stew a little bit longer. Meanwhile we can just piss her off. How does a massacre sound?” she asked with a giddy smile spreading over her red lips, and a glint in her hazel eyes.

Angelus smirked, and pulled his sire tight to him, kissing her hard. When he pulled away, he leaned his forehead against hers. “You always know how to get me worked up.”

“It’s what I’m best at.” She flashed a sly smile, before grabbing his big hand in hers and leading him out of the warehouse.

* * * * *

Buffy sat in the middle of her bed, with her legs crossed, with Spike sitting on the edge of the mattress facing away from her. Joyce was sleeping in her room now, after being assured by everyone that Angelus couldn’t get back inside.

After the spell and everyone went home, Buffy had walked her mom up to her room, and then went to hers and sat down on the bed. Spike followed her up and stood in the doorway for a minute before walking over and sitting on the other side. Now the two sat in complete silence; Spike awkwardly looking around the room, and Buffy blankly staring at her blanket.

“She could have died.” Buffy blurted out, her voice a raspy whisper. Spike turned around to look at her intently. Buffy glanced up at him and continued with tears in her eyes. “Angelus could have killed her tonight if we didn’t show up when we did.”

“But she’s fine now…that’s all that matters.” Spike sighed. “Look it’s getting pretty late, you should get some sleep.” He stood up and went to leave the room, when Buffy’s voice stopped him.

“Spike? Can you just stay here with me? I don’t think I can sleep in here alone.” Buffy’s voice was soft, and innocent. She sounded as if she was a normal girl that couldn’t fall asleep after a horrible nightmare. But it wasn’t a nightmare…it happened. It was real…and in no way was she a normal girl.

With a comforting smile, Spike walked back towards the bed, and lay down, pulling her into his arms. Buffy snuggled herself into him, nuzzling his chest. “Thank you.” And with that she fell asleep cuddled in the vampire’s embrace. Spike sat and watched as she slept, the slight rise and fall of her chest…the small pout formed on her lips…the way her hair flowed around her head on the pillow like a golden halo. That’s when he realized it: He was wrong. They weren’t stronger apart. If anything they would be stronger together. He’d fight for her…be strong for her, emotionally and physically. Having her near him would fuel his fire to defeat Angelus and Darla.

With that realization, he placed a soft kiss on her forehead and closed his eyes, purring quietly as he fell into a sweet slumber.

* * * * *

The shrill sound of the phone ringing startled Buffy out of her sleep. She rolled over onto her side and reached for the phone blindly. “Hello?”

“Buffy…it’s Giles. I need you and Spike to head over to my flat. It’s urgent.”

“Yeah...okay. We’ll be there in a bit. What is it?” she mumbled sitting up and rubbing her eyes.

“I’d rather tell you when you get here. And please be quick.”

“Alright…bye.” Buffy hung up the phone and glanced over to the other side of the bed. It was empty. She looked around the room and didn’t see any trace of Spike anywhere. Getting out of bed she checked on her mother, who was still sound asleep. She then headed down the stairs and into the kitchen and had to smile at what she saw.

Spike was in the middle of making breakfast, eggs frying in one pan and bacon frying in the other. Bread was in the toaster and orange juice was sitting on the counter beside a glass. “Good morning.” Spike greeted with a smile. “I was wondering when you’d wake up. Sleep like the dead, you do.”

“That’s funny coming from the dead himself.” Buffy joked sitting herself on the stool. Spike chuckled and scraped the eggs and bacon into a plate, and placed it in front of Buffy. “Mmm…that smells amazing. Thank you.” She said before putting a spoonful of egg in her mouth. “Mmm…so good.” She mumbled out.

“Thanks…so who was that on the phone?” Spike asked, starting to clean up the dishes.

“That was Giles. He needs us to go to his place. Says it’s urgent. We should probably go soon.” Buffy paused and looked down at the plate of food. “But I want to finish this first.” Picking up a piece of bacon she started munching on it. “Who knew that someone that doesn’t even eat food could cook such an awesome breakfast.”

“Thank you, pet.” Spike chuckled out. When Buffy finished eating, she got ready, told her mom they were on their way to see Giles, and to call there if she needed them.

With his leather jacket over his head, Spike ran to his Desoto from the house, and jumped in quickly closing the door behind him. Laughing, Buffy followed him and the two started towards Giles’ house.

* * * * *

“What the bloody hell took you two so long? I said urgent, didn’t I? Not ‘come an hour from when I call you’.” Giles cursed in annoyance while letting them into the house. Willow was sitting on the couch and quickly came over to greet her friend.

“We’re sorry…I was just making sure my mom was okay before we left.” Buffy lied quickly. “I didn’t want her to feel scared in her own home…you know with Angelus still loose in Sunnydale.” Buffy stood by the bar on the other side of the kitchen with Spike standing slightly behind her. He discreetly grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze when she mentioned Angelus. Buffy was still having a hard time dealing with the fact that he almost killed her mother and Spike knew that she needed all the support she could get.

Willow watched as Spike reached forward to hold Buffy’s hand. It wasn’t something that she or anybody would usually catch, but her eyes just happened to scan by at that time. What was that all about?

Buffy squeezed back, and the two of them hoped that no one saw the intimate connection between them, not wanting to have to explain their newfound relationship. They didn’t even know what it was yet; let alone how to explain it.

Giles torn his glasses off his face, and pulled out a handkerchief from his jacket pocket. “Speaking of Angelus…this was the reason I called you over.” He proceeded to clean his glasses profusely.

“What is it?” Buffy squeezed Spike’s hand a little tighter.

Willow shifted her feet and cleared her throat. “Angelus and Darla had themselves a massacre last night. Walked into a college party, locked the doors and killed everybody inside.”

Buffy’s eyes widened. “Sunnydale University?” she asked quickly.

Giles placed his glasses back on his face. “Yes. Stevenson Hall. The police said that it was between 12:30 and 1:30am. It was known that approximately 70 people were there before the massacre…and only 49 bodies were found.” Giles finished bowing his head.

“They’re recruiting.” Spike concluded. “They’re building an army.” His eyes were cold, and his stance was tense.

Willow’s eyes widened, and a look of worry came over her face. “That’s a lot of vampires. Not to mention all of them being trained by Angelus and Darla. What are we gonna do?”

“We’re gonna fight.” Buffy said with determination. “We’ll train, and we’re gonna fight back. I’m not going to wait until they come after us. I’m going to go after them…when they least expect it. I’m sick and tired of waiting to be killed. If they came all the way to Sunnydale to fight me, fine. But they’re fighting me on my turf…my territory. That means my rules.” Buffy declared with her hands on her hips.

Willow piped up when an idea struck her. “Oh! Can we dabble a little bit with magic? I mean there is so much we can do…I’ve been looking through the magic books and I’ve noticed some spells that might work or help a bit with fighting the gruesome twosome.” The redhead immediately sobered up, and started fidgeting with her hands. “That is if that’s okay with you…you know, your rules and everything.” She added as an afterthought.

Buffy dropped her hands to her sides and smiled at her friend. “That’s fine, Wills. I think that’s a great idea. We need all the help we can get. Giles, you can help with the historical stuff: Darla and Angelus’ past, their weaknesses-if they have any, Spike and I will be the fists and fangs, and Xander and Cordelia can…I don’t know, watch.” Buffy said with a shrug.

“I’m sure there’s something important that the two of them can do.” Giles offered.

“Well Cordelia will always have an insult ready, or maybe some complete disinterest to throw our way!” Willow chirped out with a big sarcastic smile. Giles choked back a laugh, Buffy cracked a smile, and Spike snickered in response.

“I’m sure something will come up. Maybe they could whittle some stakes. I mean we are fighting vampires those will really come in handy.” Spike chuckled out joining in on the bashing of Cordelia.

The group quickly got to work, researching and planning out their invasion on the vampires and their army of minions. There was a lot to be done in such little time. Tomorrow they attack.


a/n: yes the big fight we've all been waiting for. I'm pretty excited about writing it! i hope you like it...
Good vs. Evil by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE
Chapter 10: Good vs. Evil

Willow sat in the center of Giles’ dining room with her legs crossed, organizing the ingredients and materials she would need for her spells. Buffy and spike had moved the couches and coffee table out of the way and warmed up their muscles by sparring. Xander and Cordelia sat at the dinner table whittling stakes with bored expressions on their faces.

“This is so boring? Isn’t there something else that we can do that doesn’t involve getting splinters?” Cordy asked, tossing the third stake she’d whittled that day on the table and sat back with her arms crossed.

Giles, who was also at the table, was looking through an ancient book with a worn spine and soft leather cover, didn’t look up as he responded. “Well if you really want you can play bait. We can hang you up, smear blood on your clothes and wait for Darla and Angelus to get hungry and come after you.” Giles didn’t even crack a smile but the tone of his voice implied the joke he was making.

Cordy sat up quickly and went back to whittling stakes again. “So! Stake whittling it is!”

Buffy was throwing a series of punches at Spike and he deflected a few, also catching a couple with his face. Her punch was hard, full of anger towards Angelus. This was what he was trying to get out of her when they fought. This was the reason he loved sparring with her. She had so much passion and rage when she fought that it could blind her opponent. He was currently taking a beating, and for once he didn’t mind. If she fought like this with him, when she came up against Angelus in a couple hours, there would be no stopping her.

While he was thinking this, Buffy had the opportunity to grab him around the waist and flip him over her should to land hard, flat on his back. “What was that?” Buffy said with a big grin on her face and she wiped her brow. “I thought you were the ‘Big Bad’…now you’re losing the fight to little old me.” She held out her hand for him to grab, and helped him get back up.

“I was distracted.” Spike justified, with a groan. He cracked his neck and shook out his hands ready to continue.

“Oh really? By what?” The slayer asked in disbelief. Spike stepped closer to her, leaving only a few inches between them.

When he spoke, his voice was low so that no one else heard. “You’re gonna beat him, love. I know it. The way you were fighting with me: the anger and the passion you put into your punches…it’s almost blinding. Angelus won’t stand a chance.” Spike smiled. Not smirked or a sneer…he actually smiled. A beautiful smile Buffy thought. “I’m so proud of you.”

Buffy blushed prettily, and smiled back. She wanted to cry. Spike was proud of her. “Thanks Spike. I really appreciate that.” Taking a chance, Buffy took a step closer to him, wrapped her arms around his waist, and pressed her cheek against his chest.

Spike was in shock for a second and it took him a moment to react. He cautiously put his arms around her and then tightened his embrace, keeping her as close to him as possible. “You’re welcome, Buffy.” He rested his chin on her head, discreetly smelling the fruity aroma of her shampoo.

Willow noticed this, but everyone else was too caught up in his or her own conversations to see it. She always had a feeling about those two, and part of her was happy that they were seeing it themselves now. She smiled and went back to organizing her spells.

* * * * *

A couple hours later, the whole gang quietly walked down the alley by the warehouse that Darla and Angelus were nesting in. Spike sniffed the air a frowned for a second. “This way.” He led them through the end on the alley to the back door of the building. He took the lock that was on the handle and ripped it off without a problem, and dropped in on the ground carelessly.

“Wow…that was kinda hot.” Cordelia commented, drawing everyone’s attention to her. Buffy gave her a glare, and she almost thought that she heard her snarl. “Sorry.”

“Now when go in…we’ll have to take out their minions first. Once that’s finished with, then Buffy and I can fight Angelus and Darla.” Spike stated, turning back to the group of people behind him.

“What if they’re in there with the other vampires?” Xander asked with an almost annoyed tone.

“Are you kidding? They would never stay in the same room with their minions…they’re too high on themselves to do that, especially Angelus. No, they’ll have their own area where they have their guilty pleasures.” Spike said with what sounded like disgust.

“Thanks for the imagery, Spike.” Buffy said dryly. Walking past him, she put her hand on the doorknob. “Okay, on the count of three we charge in: one…two…three!” All of them ran in and Buffy attacked the first vampire she saw that was standing by the door.

That got everyone’s attention. All the vampires looked up from what they were doing: playing cards, sparring, or rummaging through stolen belongings. “Hey boys…well this looks like a party. Mine if we join you?” Buffy announced, her wit coming naturally.

“Slayer.” One of them growled, slowly walking towards her.

“Damn…you’re good. But,” she said, reaching behind her to the waistband on her pants. “Just not good enough.” She whipped it out and threw it right at his heart and watched as the vampire turned to dust and collapsed to the ground right in front of her. “So…” Buffy turned around to face the other vampires that were now surrounding the gang. “Who’s next?” she held up her stake ready for action.

Buffy and Spike charged the vampires, throwing punches and kicks. Xander, Giles and Cordelia were holding their own, using crosses and holy water to ward the minions off and towards the fighting duo, while Willow ran off to a secluded area to do the spells she prepared.

Buffy and Spike had dusted all 21 vampires that the master vampires had turned with barely a scratch on them. Newly risen vamps had no experience so fighting them was way too easy. Taking a bit of a breather, both blondes turned to each other and joined Xander, Giles and Cordelia in the middle of the room.

“Okay…we need about ten minutes for Willow to finish. Then we can seek out Angelus and Darla. You guys don’t need to be here okay…go wait outside I don’t want you guys getting hurt.” Buffy said.

“No…let them stay.” Angelus stated from his spot in the doorway about 5 yards away from them. Darla walked up beside him, placed one arm around his waist and her other hand lovingly on his stomach. “I feel like a big dinner.”



A/N: hey…soo sorry for the late update I mentioned before for another story that I was very busy lately and didn’t have much time. Okay so I know I told you before that this was going to be the chapter with the big Darla/Angelus/Spike/Buffy fight…but I lied. I wasn’t really planning on doing all of the beginning part but then I got it started and then felt that it gave me a chance to develop the relationship between Buffy and Spike a bit more. Anyways the next chapter will DEFINITELY be the big fight scene. I think I’ll probably update within the next couple of days…I’ll try and get it done by the end of next week because I have exams coming up and I really need to spend that time studying. Thanks for reading the story, and please review to tell me what you think! LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Make It Yours by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
hey thanks for the reviews i really appreaciate it!! i hope you like what i wrote up for you guys...it's kinda my way of celebrating the fact that i'm finally out of school now....-for this year :(..- anyways please leave a review and tell me what you think!!

WARNING: i know it says character death....but not a main character. so dont worry.
Chapter 11: Make It Yours

Buffy turned to the rest of the group and yelled for them to run then turned to look at the demon couple in the doorway to another section of the warehouse where they were most likely staying. The slayer kept her face neutral while on the inside her heart started beating faster. She took a few calming breaths knowing that Angelus could probably hear her heat pounding. Spike stepped forward in a way of protecting Buffy.

“Hello Angelus.” Spike greeted with a cold calmness. She didn’t understand how he could sound so calm. He sounded fearless.

Angelus gently removed Darla’s hand from his stomach and stepped forward to meet Spike. “So this is what it’s come down to, hey boy? You fighting with the Slayer against your family…I thought you were more loyal than that.” The dark-haired vampire stated disappointedly. “I wonder what Drusilla would think about you straying, and going against our Clan.”

Spike nearly growled at the sound of his Sire’s name. “Keep Dru out of this.”

“Poor Spike…so lost you are now.” Spike’s eyes widened in disbelieve, and cast a glance at the entrance where both Darla and Angelus had entered through. The figure of none other than his Sire stood in the doorway holding a raven-haired doll with a red silk handkerchief covering her eyes. Drusilla wore a long white dress that touched the floor and stood on the floor with bare feet. She looked so much like a child like that, that he almost wanted to take her back in his arms and coddle her like he used to. “Mummy’s very cross with you.” A small pout formed on her lips as she ran her long pale fingers through the dolls hair.

“Dru…” Spike whispered out in awe. He hadn’t seen her in decades…since that night when he left to bring the girl home and he never came back. She looked ill…and it saddened him. No matter how much damage she could do he still cared deeply for her. She saved him…took him from a life he couldn’t stand and showed him things he thought he’d never see. She was his salvation.

“My Spike…” her pout turned into a devilish grin and she floated past Darla and Angelus to stand right next to the souled vampire to rest her cold hand over his dead heart.

Buffy watched this and had to contain her anger. Why isn’t he stopping this?! she thought to herself. She felt hurt and naïve for not thinking that if he ever had a chance to go back to her he would. And here Spike was, closing his eyes to the familiar touch of Drusilla’s hand, succumbing himself to her.

Spike basked for a second in the feel of his Sire, the connection between them still strong and sending feelings through his body. Then an image of Buffy flashed into his mind: Her big, beautiful, jade eyes filling with tears and her plump bottom lip jutting out. His eyes popped open and he roughly pushed Drusilla away from him sending her flying to the ground.

Darla was shocked to say the least. She had thought for sure that the raven-haired vampire would break down Spike’s walls and get him to join their side again…then all four of them would take down the slayer.

“That won’t work on me anymore Dru. I don’t belong to you anymore.” Spike declared glaring at his Sire that was slowly coming to her feet again. Spike reached back and grabbed Buffy’s hand in reassurance, and sighed in relief when she tightened her hold on him.

Darla walked up slowly now standing beside Angelus who was watching all of this with a sick smile on his face. “And what? You belong to the slayer?” she asked mockingly. “Wow Spike that’s just pathetic. And here I thought you’d learn you’re lesson when Candice died.” Darla smiled at the shocked look on both Spike and Buffy’s face.

“How did you know about that?” he growled.

Angelus chuckled deeply. “Come on, Willy! We’re family…it’s our job to know these things. How painful was it watching her die, Spike? What did it feel like hearing her beg for-” Angelus was cut off when Spike lunged at him, throwing rage-filled punches at his face. All his grandsire did was laugh. “You ready to go though it again?” he whispered in Spike’s ear.

Spike turned around to see Darla holding Buffy from behind: one hand tightly gripping her throat, and her other arm squeezing her around the waist, causing her ribs to crack under the pressure. Her face was starting to go blue, and she was struggling as hard as she could to get away.

“What are you gonna do Spike?” Darla asked changing into her demon visage. “Are you gonna let me turn her…or are you gonna try and save her and watch as I snap her neck?”

Spike was in a big dilemma. He couldn’t watch her die, and he couldn’t let Darla turn her. She wouldn’t be the same, and she’d end up becoming the opposite of who she really was. He knew that she would never want that for herself.

“Spike…” Buffy gasped out. “Don’t…worry about me. Please.” Her eyes were starting to close and she felt herself begin to pass out. Darla lowered her mouth slowly watching Spike the whole time waiting to see what move he would make.

Spike growled and started to run at her to pull Buffy away from the blonde vampire/

“Separate!” Willow yelled, causing Darla and Spike to fly in different directions. Darla’s body slammed hard up against a wall, and knocked her out. Spike slid back, and Buffy dropped to the floor in a heap. Willow ran over and helped Buffy’s head rest in Spike’s lap. “Sorry I took so long…I-”

“It’s okay…” spike rushed out. “She still has a pulse. She’ll be okay.” He ran his hand lovingly over her face, and then looked up to find Drusilla standing a few yards away with a scowl on her face. He lifted her head and gently placed her in Willow’s lap, before he stood up and walked over to Drusilla. “Leave. Leave town…leave the country. I don’t want to see you; I don’t want to feel you. I’m not yours.” Spike said harshly. Dru reached forward to touch his chest again, but Spike quickly grabbed it and twisted it around, putting her fragile body in a painful position. “I’m letting you off the hook this time. But the next time I see you…I’ll stake you.” He roughly let go off her, and pushed her away. With tears in her eyes, she ran out the door.

Spike turned around to see how Buffy was doing, and she was starting to come to. Looking past her, he saw Angelus helping Darla to her feet, putting an arm around her, and heading for the door. Angelus glared at Spike as he went by, but silently begging him to let them be. Spike waited until they were almost to the door before calling his name.

“Angelus.” He called, waiting until said vampire turned around turning Darla around with him. Spike let two stakes fall from the inside of his leather duster, and threw both of them at the vampires, hitting them precisely in their dead hearts. Spike, Buffy and Willow watched as the two disintegrated into ashes, their arms still around each other, before falling to the ground in a pile of dust.

A collective sigh fell from everyone’s lips relieved that this battle was finally over. Without a second thought, Spike rushed over to Buffy helping her to her feet, and pulling her into a tight hug. She hugged him back just as tight ignoring the pain in her ribs. “Oh God…I was so worried. I thought I lost you.” Spike murmured into her soft golden hair.

Buffy could not do anything but sob into his chest as she thought of how close she was to losing him herself. How close Spike looked to giving into his sire. But she was gone now. She didn’t know where she went, but she didn’t care as long as she wasn’t coming back.

“Let’s get you home okay…you need some rest.” Spike said pulling away briefly to kiss her on the forehead.

“Giles…and the others?” Buffy rasped out looking at Willow.

“They probably went back to Giles’ apartment…I can stop by there and tell them everything went okay…somewhat.” She added as an afterthought taking in Buffy’s condition.

“We’ll walk with you…I don’t want you walking there by yourself, plus I need to walk it off.” Buffy said as they walked towards the door, past the ashes of their enemies. Spike held his hand tightly in hers, as if he was reassuring himself that she was still there beside him.

* * * * *

After walking Willow to Giles’ apartment and making a brief appearance to say she was okay, Spike walked Buffy home…both of them sneaking through her bedroom window, Buffy not wanting her mom seeing her with red marks and bruises all along her neck, and the cracks in her ribs.

Buffy, who was completely exhausted had let Spike change her out of her clothes and into her pajamas. The act was innocent and although intimate, not sexual or with intent for anything but comfort and care.

He helped her slip into bed, and climbed in with her at her request (fully clothed by the way), and carefully pulled her into his arms. The two fell into a dreamless slumber, feeling more relaxed then they had since the vampire duo showed up.

Something else would come up…they always did. But until then, they would enjoy the time they had together, and if they learned anything from tonight it would be: if you want something, don’t wait so long to make it yours…because you never know when it might be taken away from you.
Just When We Thought... by Bloody_Hell
Author's Note: sorry for the late update, but lately i've been trying to update all my fics cause i've put them off for too long. i hope i still have you guys. Just to refresh you guys a little bit, Buffy and Spike are kinda together, and just starting things up, Darla and angelus are dust and Spike let Drusilla go and banned her from coming back. ...please review!!








Chapter 12: Just When We Thought

Buffy and Spike woke up the same way they fell asleep: wrapped in each other’s arms. When Buffy woke, she realized her ribs had mostly healed. The second thing that came to her mind was that Angelus and Darla were finally defeated. And lastly, that Spike was still holding her. She stared at his sleeping form with a smile on his face. He looked so peaceful and innocent. Nothing like the ruthless killer he once was. That Drusilla made him. She was relieved that the raven vampire was gone, and spike and her could finally move on…hopefully together.

So lost in thought, she didn’t noticed that Spike was now awake and gazing at her with a smile on his gorgeous face. “Morning, kitten. Sleep well?” he asked, gently pulling her closer to his chest.

“Better than ever.” She replied returning his smile. After laying that way for about another half an hour, Spike and Buffy made their way downstairs to make breakfast. The two walked into the kitchen all smiles and holding hands.

“Good morning, Buffy…Spike.” Joyce said with a smile after she finished her piece of toast. “You guys got in late last night…nothing bad happened I hope.” She questioned, with a concerned look in her eyes.

“Angelus and Darla are gone. You don’t have to worry about them anymore, Joyce.” Spike explained.

“They left town?”

“You could say they’re dust in the wind.” Buffy joked. “We’re fine…Spike walked me home and stayed here last night. It was already light out, he wouldn’t have made it home.” She lied.

“That’s quite okay.” Joyce stood up and gave her daughter a kiss on the cheek and Spike a smile. “I have to get to work. I might be home a little late so you can order a pizza or Chinese…I left some money on my dresser for you.” The older woman placed her dish in the sink, and grabbed her purse and coat. “Take care you two…and Spike, keep her out of trouble.” she gave him a wink and with that left the house.

* * * * *

For the next couple of weeks, things had been pretty calm. Regular demon fighting on patrols, Buffy and the gang went to school without having to worry about some big bad stirring up trouble and Spike kept an ear out in the demon world of who wanted to try and kill the slayer next.

Word had been around that the Slayer had defeated Angelus and Darla. And he was glad that nobody knew it was him that did so. If word had gotten out that he had killed two of the most dangerous vampires; not to mention his own family, he would be hunted down and would never be able to get all the inside scoop about every demon’s plans to kill the Slayer.

Now Spike sat at the demon bar at the edge of town, amplifying his hearing for any news. There we’re two female vampires sitting in the back of the bar and at the sound of one name from their lips; Spike perked up. “I heard she’s back in town.”

“Who?” the other vampire asked intrigued.

“Drusilla.” She stated through her fangs with a smile. “She felt her claim with Angelus sever when the Slayer killed him…and now she’s coming to kill the bitch.”

The two females laughed. “Well, I think it’s safe to say goodbye to blondie. She’s been a threat to us for too long.” The two continued to laugh.

Spike’s anger got the best of him, and he stood up abruptly, knocking over his stool in the process and drawing the attention of everyone in the bar. He casually walked over to the pool table, grabbed the pool cue and broke it on the edge of the table. He strode over to the female vampires and staked both of them within seconds.

Tossing the stick on the ground he walked out of the bar and headed towards the cemetery to meet Buffy at the same spot as usual.

He saw Buffy sitting on a tombstone swinging her legs looking around for him. She felt him before she saw him, and glanced his way. A big smile lit up her face. She hopped of the tombstone and walked towards him.

“Hey!” she greeted, planting a kiss on his lips. She noticed he seemed a little out of it, and pulled away. “What’s wrong?” she asked with a frown.

“Nothing.” He dismissed, plastering a fake smile on his face.

“Liar.” She stated. She studied him for a minute before she continued. “Something’s coming isn’t it?”

“Yeah…Drusilla’s back. And she wants to kill you.” Spike replied with a look of anger and gloom marring his beautiful features.

This was his worst nightmare. He knew that if the rumours were true, then his ex had something big in store for the person who was quick becoming the only important thing to him. He remembered the promise that he made to Drusilla if she ever came back. Now the problem was...could he acually go through with it?

He turned his gaze to the blonde in front of him, and his heart almost broke at the look on her face. he could tell her mood had dropped, and he could see the fear that crossed her face.

Buffy's heart was racing a mile a minute. She wasn't afraid of dying. She was afraid of losing Spike. She knew of Drusilla's power over him, and no matter how much he denied it, he still had those feelings for her. She was his weakness...and maybe this time he'd give in.










A/N: please review!!!
My Sweet Prince by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
sorry for the late update...been really busy, and i know i've said that before but i really was. i got too caught up in real life to be creating fiction. sorry again. hope you like this though...a little angsty.
Chapter 13: My Sweet Prince

“What’s wrong?” she asked with a frown.

“Nothing.” He dismissed, plastering a fake smile on his face.

“Liar.” She stated. She studied him for a minute before she continued. “Something’s coming isn’t it?”

“Yeah…Drusilla’s back. And she wants to kill you.” Spike replied with a look of anger and gloom marring his beautiful features.

This was his worst nightmare. He knew that if the rumours were true, then his ex had something big in store for the person who was quick becoming the only important thing to him. He remembered the promise that he made to Drusilla if she ever came back. Now the problem was...could he actually go through with it?

He turned his gaze to the blonde in front of him, and his heart almost broke at the look on her face. He could tell her mood had dropped, and he could see the fear that crossed her face.

Buffy's heart was racing a mile a minute. She wasn't afraid of dying. She was afraid of losing Spike. She knew of Drusilla's power over him, and no matter how much he denied it; he still had those feelings for her. She was his weakness...and maybe this time he'd give in.


* * * * *

Ever since Spike gave her the news that Drusilla was coming back, and wanting to kill her, Buffy was having trouble concentrating on anything else. Things we’re starting to get good between her and Spike since they defeated Angelus and Darla…but now that Drusilla was coming, Spike was becoming distant.

During the Scooby meetings he would seat himself away from her. He still patrolled with her, but he barely spoke, and instead of coming back to her house afterwards to spend some couply time together, he would decline an say he had stuff to do.

She was tired of it. He had something on his mind and she wanted to know what it was. So here she was standing outside his crypt preparing herself to ask him why he was acting this way.

She raised her fist hesitantly to knock, then rapped quietly on the door. He opened it wearing just his black jeans, and a bottle of beer in his hand. Without a word he opened the door for her and went back to sitting on the couch.

Buffy jumped up onto the sarcophagus, and stared at him patiently.

“Is there something you came here for?” Spike asked nonchalantly, his eyes never leaving the TV screen. The blonde slayer gave him a look of disbelief, then jumped off the surface with determination. Buffy shut the TV off, and stood in front of him. “I was watching that.”

“Well, this is the only way I can get your attention. What’s wrong with you lately?” she demanded angrily.

“What are you talking about, Summers?” the vampire asked on an irritated sigh.

“I’m talking about how you treat me as if I’m not even there. You completely ignore me when we’re around everyone, you’ve stop coming by the house…and when we do talk, it’s strictly business!” Buffy shouted. She took a moment to calm down, and with that her demeanor changed. “Did I do something wrong?” her voice was soft and wounded.

Spike stood up, and pulled her into his arms. “No, love. You did nothing wrong. I’m just having a hard time dealing with this right now.” He said resting his head on hers.

She pulled away from his embrace, and looked into his eyes. “Hard time dealing with what?” she asked curiously.

Spike took an unnecessary breath, and then let it out. He stepped away from Buffy and started pacing around the crypt. “This whole thing with Drusilla! She’s coming here-” the vampire was cut short by Buffy.

“And when she gets here we’ll deal with it. Spike…if we took on the gruesome twosome and won, then we can definitely beat Drusilla.” Buffy explained.

“It’s not beating her I’m worried about, Buffy! She has this control over me that I can’t explain, and I know she’s going to try and use it against me, and you.” Buffy gave him a confused look. “In her eyes…I belong to her. She made me, and in a way I owe her for that.” He stepped towards her, and put his hands on either side of her face. “You mean a lot to me, pet…you need to know that.”

Buffy had tears in her eyes at his words and dreaded what his next words would be. “But…” she started for him, her voice weak and full of ache.

Spike had a pained look on his face, seeing the hurt on Buffy’s. He brushed a strand of hair out of her face. “She was my world once. I spent over a century with her. She rescued me, Buffy.” Spike placed a soft kiss on her forehead and held her close to his chest.

“D-does t-that mean we’re over?” he heard her mumbled voice meekly ask.

Spike looked down at the top of her head, glad that he didn’t have to see the look on her face when he said this. “I think that we should take a break until Dru leaves.” In a second Buffy was out of his arms, and five feet away from him.

Tears filled her eyes again, and we’re streaming down her cheeks. “What?” her voice was rough with hurt and anger. “So Drusilla comes storming into town, and all of a sudden we can’t be together!?” she cried out.

“Pet, you have to understand-” the vampire started desperately.

“Don’t!” Buffy stopped raising her hand. “I think I do. I mean a lot to you…” Buffy started and Spike started to agree, but the slayer continued. “I mean a lot to you…but she means more.” She finished quietly.

“Buffy…” Spike headed towards her but she stepped back.

“Don’t. I have to go.” With that, the blonde turned around and walked out of the crypt without looking back. Spike watched her go, and sighed deeply. He headed towards his fridge and pulled out a jar of blood.

Right as he raised it to his lips, he felt a tingle on the side of his neck. He felt her before he saw her. “Looks to me like Sunshine’s upset.” Drusilla came out from behind Spike, and wrapped her pale arms around his waist.

“I thought I told you not to come back.” Spike claimed, his voice wavering a bit.

Drusilla turned him around to look at her. “But you missed me, my sweet prince. I felt it…you called me and I came to you.” She rested her cold palm on his cheek, and made along scratch along his skin causing blood to surface. Tilting his head slightly, she leaned up and licked it off. “Time to get rid of Sunshine…and that soul.” She whispered into his ear.




A/N: sooo....what do you think? please review!
Worth Three by Bloody_Hell
A/N: so i know it's taking me FOREVER and a day to finish these chapters and it's bugging the crap out of me that i'm not finishing them sooner, but school is my first priority right now. anyways i've been really sick with this flu that's been going around and i've been in the hospital for the last two days. so when i'm feeling better i'll try and get my other stories updated. sorry for the long wait i hope i'm not disappointing you. please don't hate...lol and don't forget to review! love y'all





Chapter 14: Worthy Of Three


Beautiful dawn - lights up the shore for me
There is nothing else in the world,
I'd rather wake up and see with you
Beautiful dawn - I'm just chasing time again
Thought I would die a lonely man, in endless night
But now I'm high; running wild among all the stars above
Sometimes it's hard to believe you remember me



Spike sat alone in his crypt, thinking about Buffy. He had kicked Drusilla out, not falling for the charm she was trying to lay on him. He had been sitting there thinking for a couple hours and he still hadn’t heard for the blonde slayer.

Getting out of his chair, he grabbed his coat and headed to Buffy’s house. Along his walk, Spike thought in his head what he would say to her. Here he was now standing on her front lawn and he still didn’t know what to say. Spike stood behind the tree looking up at her bedroom window and noticing the light was off. She’s probably not home. the vampire thought.

Just as he was about to turn away, he heard a door open and close. Looking over to the front porch, Spike saw Buffy sitting there with her arms wrapped around her knees and her head down.

He walked over slowly, and the slayer’s head shot up. “What do you want?” her voice was distant and weak.

“To talk.” Spike said, standing in front of Buffy.

“I don’t want to talk.” She claimed turning her head away.

Despite her answer, Spike sat down beside her anyway. “Then just listen.” Without a word Buffy turned her head back towards him and raised her eyebrows waiting for him to continue. “I’m sorry about earlier…I didn’t want this to happen.” He started.

Buffy by now was confused.

“Spike, what are you talking about, what’s happening?”

Spike sighed briefly, and then continued. “I didn’t mean what I said earlier about taking a break. I don’t want that.” the vampire turned more towards her. “Drusilla’s back, and she’s pissed. If she knows me and you are together, she’ll go after you to get to me. The farther you are stay away from me the better…just until she’s out of the way.” Spike explained.

Buffy sighed, “And I’m supposed to what…sit around and wait while she steals you from me right under my nose? Now that Darla and Angelus are gone all she has is you. Why else do you think she came back?” the slayer paused. “I’m surprised she hasn’t stopped by to visit you yet.” She finished, looking back to the front yard.

Spike stayed silent, not really wanting to mention that Drusilla had indeed stopped by and made her presence known only second after Buffy had left.


Beautiful dawn - melt with the stars again
Do you remember the day when my journey began?
Will you remember the end of time?
Beautiful dawn - You're just blowing my mind again
Thought I was born to endless night, until you shine
High; running wild among all the stars above
Sometimes it's hard to believe you remember me



“Pet…” Spike waited until Buffy faced him again before continuing. “You have me…okay? No one, especially Drusilla will take me from you. You have to believe that.” By this time two great tears fell from the blonde’s eyes, and Spike instantly wiped them from her cheeks. “It’s only for a little while, luv. I just don’t know what I would do if she hurt you.”

“I’m not a little girl, Spike. I can take care of myself.” Buffy chimed in, her demeanor changing from sadness to annoyance. “Remember I not just this weak princess…I can hold my own, and I’ve been doing it since before you came here, so I don’t need you protecting me all the time.” She countered, standing up and walking towards her front door.

“Luv, wait!” Buffy spun around, and watched as Spike stood up as well and walked closer to her. “I’ll try to stop by tomorrow morning okay? Drusilla won’t risk wandering about during the day.” Relief shone in the eyes of the woman who was rapidly becoming his everything. He pulled her into his arms and kissed the top of her head. “I’m yours…I’m always yours.”

Buffy pulled away slowly, and looked up at him with hope in her eyes. “Do…do you want to maybe spend the night? Mom’s not home again and I really don’t want to be here alone.” She saw the slight hesitation in his face. “And that also means you don’t have to run over here sizzling under a blanket.” She finished with a triumphant smile when he let a beautiful smile grow on his face.

“Hmm…no sizzling, okay…what else?” Spike lifted one finger on his hand as if to keep a tally.

Buffy pretended to think about it for a second. “Uh…what about breakfast in bed? I can run to the butcher’s in the morning and pick you up some O-Neg. I know it’s your favorite.” She perked with a bright smile.

Another finger went up on Spike’s hand, and an idea hit the blonde. She leaned up and whispered in his ear. When she pulled back the last three fingers shot up one right after the other. At her questioning look he explained.

“That one was definitely worthy of three.” They both smiled at each other like teenagers in love, and Buffy jumped into his arms wrapping her arms and legs around his waist, and kissing him with so much passion it stunned him.

Without further notice Spike blindly reached for the doorknob and stumbled through the threshold.

Will you be my shoulder when I'm grey and older?
Promise me tomorrow starts with you,
Getting high; running wild among all the stars above
Sometimes it's hard to believe you remember me





A/N: thanks for reading...
Always Tomorrow by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
sorry for the long wait....writer's block BIIIIG TIME anyways trying to get back on track hope you are all still with me...a little smut for you guys too
Chapter 15: Always Tomorrow

Spike dropped her gently onto the bed in her room, and continued to kiss her all over her face and chest. He slowly lifted the hem of her shirt up and placed butterfly kisses along her stomach. Buffy helped him by pulling her shirt over her head and threw it across the room.

With the same slow pace, Spike continued to remove her clothes, unbuttoning and unzipping her jeans before pulling them down her smooth tanned legs. Buffy was left before him in nothing but her bra and underwear. This was a big step for them…she knew that their first time together would change everything. It would make things more serious, and part of her was freaking out.

Her feelings for Spike were so intense that it almost made her crazy. He could hurt her, and if he did that would ruin her for anyone else. But she was willing to take a chance with him and forget about whatever bad would come with the good. She came back to reality when Spike slowly started to slip her panties down her legs, running his hands over the expansion of skin there.

Buffy’s eyes closed in ecstasy as he caressed her. Spike kissed his way back up her legs and stomach. Deftly, he undid her bra and slipped it from her arms, and began to softly fondle her breasts in his palms, and sweetly kissing the supple flesh there. With a catlike crawl Spike moved over her, positioning himself between her legs. Buffy reached between them and undid his belt with urgency.

Spike placed his hand of hers, stopping her. “No need to rush, luv. We have all night.” He let her hand go, and she continued to undo his pants with an unhurried pace. She pushed them down his thighs, and Spike stood up missing the feel of her body against his. He pushed his jeans the rest of the way down his legs and stepped out of them, toeing his boots off at the same time.

Buffy took that moment to appreciate his body. It was chiseled and looked as if Michael Angelo himself sculpted it. She reached out a hand to him, and he took it, falling back into her arms. He repositioned himself between her legs, and looked down at her lovingly.

With one smooth thrust, Spike was embedded in her heat. They stopped, sharing a moment of amazement. Never did either of them think that they could feel this good. Spike pushed a little further and broke through her hymen, and Buffy clutched at his back as the pain set in. As it slowly started to fade away, Buffy lifted her hips experimentally, and smiled at the man above her when he moaned.

The room began to fill with a symphony of moans and sighs of pleasure. The two continued this dance well into the early morning never wanting the intense encounter to end. And when it did…well, there was always tomorrow.

* * * * *

Waking up went down as one of the most amazing feelings in the world. Spike had his arm wrapped around her waist, spooning her from behind. She remembered falling asleep like this. With the vampire placing sweet kisses all along her shoulders, and running his fingers gently through her golden locks. She closed her eyes and just enjoyed the feeling for the time being.

Her clock radio turned on at 8:30am. Forgot to turn it off. Buffy was about to reach and turn it off when she heard the song.

…It starts in my toes
makes me crinkle my nose
where ever it goes
I always know
that you make me smile
please stay for a while now
just take your time
where ever you go


She felt Spike start to stir behind her, and she turned around in his arms. When she looked up at Spike, he was gazing at her with a soft smile. Tucking her hair behind her ear, the blonde vampire leaned in a placed a series of kisses all over her face; one on her temple, her forehead, cheeks, her jaw line and lips. The last kiss to her nose caused a bright smile to light up her face.

I've been asleep for a while now
You tucked me in just like a child now
Cause every time you hold me in your arms
I'm comfortable enough to feel your warmth

It starts in my soul
And I lose all control
When you kiss my nose
The feelin’ shows
Cause you make me smile
Baby just take your time now
Holdin’ me tight


After ten minutes of just holding each other, Buffy got up out of the bed taking the sheet with her leaving Spike completely naked which he had no problem with. She walked over to the window and took a peek outside. A ray of light shone through the room and by natural reaction the vampire jumped out of bed and moved to a darkened corner.

Buffy turned around with wince. “Sorry.” She looked so God damn cute that he could be mad at her. She scurried over to him and wrapped the both of them in the big sheet. “So what do you say to breakfast? I’m gonna have to run out to get it, but I plan on spending the rest of the day in bed. What do you say?” she asked looking up at him with a smile that he would do anything to see again.

“I say you better get a move on then, luv. The longer you wait the less time we have together. Now go.” He gently pushed her towards the bathroom in the bedroom and smacked her bum lightly. With a giggle she jumped into the shower and got herself ready.

* * * * *

About half an hour later, Buffy walked through the front door with a big brown paper bag. “Spike! I’ve got some blood for you…and wheat-a-bits. Just like you asked.” She yelled up the stairs. When she got no reply, the blonde frowned and started up the stairs. “Spike?” The blonde entered her bedroom and found the drapes open just like she left them. Light flooded the entire room, and a gasp of horror escaped her mouth. “No.” she whimpered tears starting to collect in her eyes.

“What’s wrong, pet?” Spike asked from outside her room, hiding from the light in the bedroom.

“Oh!” Buffy rushed to him and hugged him tightly, tossing the bag on the bed. “I thought-”

“Thought I met a dusty ending?” he finished for her. “No, I managed to get out of the room before the light hit me, decided I needed a shower.”

Buffy frowned and looked at him. She hadn’t even noticed that he was wearing a towel, and that said towel was hung low on his slim hips. “Oh…I should have closed them before I left, I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, luv. Still alive and breathing…” he frowned and backtracked. “Well, actually I’m neither but I’m still here, no need to worry.” He stroked her cheek lovingly. “Do you mind closing them now…I’m pretty sure you said something about breakfast and bed.” He smiled at her, and she smiled shyly back at him.

The slayer sashayed to the window and pulled the drapes closed, and hopped onto the bed, and crossing her legs. “So…I got you some O-Neg; cause I know it’s your fav.” Spike stood there with his arms crossed smiling at this amazing girl in front of him. “And…wheat-a-bits!” she slowly nodded her head with a smile and bright eyes.

Spike strode towards the bed and crawled on top of her, gently pushing her back to the blanket. He kissed Buffy softly on the forehead, cheek and lips. “You’re amazing.” He murmured into her ear. All she could do was blush and smile. He eased off her and grabbed the bag. The vampire pulled out his breakfast and opened the lid before taking a sniff. “Mmm…you warmed it up too.” He pulled out the box of wheat-a-bits, reached in and crumbled up a handful in his palm before mixing it into his blood. He looked at Buffy as she looked at him. She seemed intrigued, interested in watching him drink. Something he thought would disgust her, yet here she was with a smile on her face, picking him up blood, heating it up and getting the wheat-a-bits he loved so.

Yeah, this slip of a girl was fast becoming the most important person in his unlife. Thinking of one day without her put a hole in his un-beating heart and an ache in his stomach. Drusilla would never put her hands on Buffy…he’d see to that even if that was the last thing he ever did.
End Notes:
please review
Cruelty by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
there is are a few little snippets of diologue from one of my fav movies...see if you can point them out!

not mine by the way so dont sue
Chapter 16: Cruelty

It had been three days and Drusilla had yet to show her face in town again. Spike was starting to wonder if those vamps were just talking shit. Buffy and Spike continued to let their relationship grow stronger every day and refused to let anything get in the way.

Buffy’s friends weren’t as happy about it as she was but that didn’t bother her. Xander had the biggest problem of them all. He had been keeping quiet all this time but now that Buffy was actually seeing Spike, He started to voice his opinions.

“I just think that Spike might be playing you Buffy. He’s a vampire, and we know full well that vampires aren’t good people…hell they’re not people at all!” Xander exclaimed while sitting in the kitchen with Buffy.

The brunette had called earlier claiming that he had something to talk to her about. She innocently invited him over for lunch, as she would be alone in the house anyway. “Are you kidding me? He has done nothing but prove himself to me and everyone else since we met him, Xander. He killed his family for us and for this town!” Buffy defended strongly.

“What if it’s all part of some devious plan that he has…earn our trust, your love so that he can turn his back on us and kill us all?” Xander rambled on.

Buffy rolled her eyes at him, and walked around the island she was standing behind. “That’s bullshit Xan, and you know it. If Spike was going to kill us all he would have done it by now. Why if this all coming up now? If you were feeling this way why didn’t you mention it sooner?” Buffy questioned grabbing a drink from the fridge.

Xander ignored her question and continued. “Look Buff, all I’m saying if for you to be careful…to watch your back because he might stab you in it.”

Both people didn’t even hear the man walking up the basement steps. “Who might stab you in the back?” Spike asked Buffy in a matter of fact way. He glanced at the boy still seated on the stool. “Hello whelp.”

“Oh…that damn principal Snyder. He always had it out for Buffy. Listen Buff, I’m going to head out I got a few things to do. Thanks for lunch. Spike.” He gave a nod in Spike’s direction and left the house.

Spike stepped out from the doorway and walked towards Buffy. After placing a soft kiss on her lips, he spoke. “The whelp wasn’t really talking about Snyder, was he? He was talkin’ ‘bout me.” he stated tilting his head slightly. Buffy gave him a deer in headlights look, and he continued. “I heard you guys as I was coming through the sewer in the basement. Vampire hearing remember?”

Buffy sighed, and looked down at her hands that were playing with the hem of her shirt. “I’m sorry Spike. Nobody else feels that way, especially not me. And that’s what matters, right? Who cares what anyone else says.” The slayer smiled and wrapped her arms around his waist.

Spike smiled back and hugged her to his chest placing a kiss to her forehead. “Your right…you are all I care about. Nobody else matters.” Spike pulled away to catch her eyes. “You know that right? You’re the only thing to me right now that makes sense.” He took a deep breath. “I’m falling for you; hard and fast and that scares me a little.” He gazed intensely at her, his eyes showing nothing but truth.

Buffy couldn’t stop the tears that welled up in her bright green eyes. “Don’t be scared.” She caressed his cool face with the back of her warm hand. “Because I’ll be there to catch you…all I ask is that you don’t hurt me.”

Spike shook his head fervently, and gently placed both of his hands on her neck, his thumbs softly rubbing the skin in front of her ears. “I’ll never hurt you, luv. That’s the last thing I’d ever want to do.” His eyes locked in on hers and he leaned in for a kiss. It quickly heated up, and they both pulled away after a few minutes, resting their foreheads on the other. Spike continued to hold Buffy’s gaze mesmerized by her eyes. The thoughts running through his head were intense, and he didn’t know how to express them.

The golden goddess smiled so brightly at him he thought he might be blind from it. “What?” Spike whispered.

She leaned into kiss him once again, short but sweet. And she whispered back against his lips. “I love you too.”

He closed his eyes and let the tear fall.

* * * * *

Drusilla watched the scene play out from the back porch. This was it the moment she was waiting for. A smirk crossed her face. Spike would be hers again, finally.

Spike kissed her passionately, feeling his heart swell at her admission. She knew him so well…knew that he loved her without even having to voice his feelings. This woman was exactly what he needed to keep him grounded to keep him strong in fighting Drusilla. Spike could almost swear that his heart was beating…he frowned and pulled away from Buffy’s lips. The clenching in his chest started to burn, and started to spread throughout his body.

He screamed in agony, and threw himself away from her arms and collapsed to the ground clutching his stomach and chest, curling into the fetal position trying to alleviate the pain.

“Spike!” the slayer’s eyes widened in horror. Buffy fell to the ground and attempted to pull him into her arms. “Oh my God…what’s happening?” she whispered to herself in shock.

“ARRGGHH!” Spike rolled around. “It hurts…Buffy.” He said her name with so much pain in his voice that she sobbed for him. He shakily reached for her hand and squeezed it in his. She welcomed the pain, if it made what he was going through any better.

“Just-just hold on okay? You’re gonna be okay…I’m gonna get you some help.” Buffy tried to release herself from him, but the vampire held on strong.

“No…just stay here…don’t leave, please.” He begged. He sounded so vulnerable right now and that scared her. His eyes slowly started the flutter shut, and Spike’s body seemed to relax.

Buffy sighed in relief. She noticed his chest was still moving up and down as he let air into his lungs by force of habit. “Spike? Look at me baby…” when he did, his once expressive blue eyes seemed cold, and empty. “Spike?” He glanced around the room and got to his feet quickly. “You okay…you scared me.” Buffy’s voice quaked with worry.

All he did was stare at her with hard eyes for a few moments. “You have to stay away from me.” he claimed with a waver in his tone.

“What…why? Spike what is going on?” She took a step towards him, and he stepped back.

Spike’s eyes zeroed in on her neck, and he forced himself to control his bloodlust. She needed to stay away from him before he would do something he would regret. “I wanted this to work out, but unfortunately I feel nothing.” He continued.

Tears freely fell down her cheeks. “You’re lying. You just said you would never hurt me…what changed?” Buffy questioned.

“I just wanted a piece of you and now that I have, I’m moving on. You were just a toy, I wanted to play with.” Tears were rimming his eyes as well, and his body quivered as he spoke.

“Look at you you’re such coward. You’re shaking.” Buffy pointed out. She shook her head at him. She took a deep breath. “Fine! If that’s how you want to end things then fine! Leave!” She screamed. “Get out!” she shrieked again when he made no movement.

Spike walked towards her and grabbed her arm gently. “Don’t touch me.” she pulled her arm free, and he reached for her again. “Don’t touch me! Don’t fucking touch me Spike!” she ripped her arm free again and smacked him hard across the face. Spike’s head whipped back and he turned slowly back to her. “Get the fuck out!” she pushed him out the back door, and slammed it closed behind him.

Buffy collapsed to the floor in a heap clutching her broken heart.
Making Sense Of It by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
hey guys and gals! got another chapter....hope this clears things up for ya!
Chapter 17: Making Sense Of It


Buffy sat on her couch, tears streaking her cheeks, Willow sat quietly beside her. Buffy had called her over after she had kicked Spike out, needing someone to talk to.

“I don’t even know what happened, Will’s. I thought everything was good; that we were happy. We were kissing, and then he just collapsed.” Fresh tears welled in Buffy’s eyes as she thought back. “He was in so much pain. I thought he was dying Willow, that’s what it looked like. And then…” she paused. “He stopped. And he was cold and empty, I felt like I didn’t even know him. Then he started saying all that stuff about how he feels nothing for me, and that I was just a toy.” Buffy stood up and paced the floor in front of her friend. “Argh! I don’t get it!” she cried in frustration. “Something’s not right, I don’t know what but for some reason this whole thing isn’t making sense.”

The wheels in Willow’s head were turning. “Well what happened before the kissing? Anything big or important at all happen? Something special maybe?” Willow asked hesitantly.

Buffy stopped pacing and looked at Willow with a shocked face. “Yeah…I told him that I loved him. Where are you going with this Wills?”

“The curse!” she exclaimed happily. “That curse that the witches cast on him. I did a little research, and if Spike achieves one moment of perfect happiness, he’ll lose his soul. Chances are, you telling him you loved him hit the nail on the head.”

Buffy sat back down. “Oh my God. That’s why he told me to stay away from him. Cause he knew.” The slayer frowned. “Wait…if he really lost his soul I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t waste any time in putting another slayer under his belt. He would have killed me…not break up with me!” she concluded. “And even when he was breaking up with me he looked like he was forcing it, like he didn’t want to but-”

“Had to.” Willow finished. “Maybe he was just protecting you from himself. You have to find him, Buffy. Figure out what’s going on…because something isn’t adding up right here.”

Buffy stood up again and grabbed her coat off the hanger. “You’re right. I’m going to go look for him. Do you mind?”

“No not at all.” Willow stood up and walked towards the door. “Just call me afterwards, let me know what happened.” The two friends hugged and parted ways at the bottom of the driveway.

* * * * *

Spike stumbled out of Buffy’s back door, quickly throwing his leather duster over his head and quickly ran for shade, which he found under a large tree. He enjoyed for the briefest moment the fact that he was surrounded by daylight…only to feel a dark shadow near. Was it the clouds that blocked the sun, or something else? Something else. he concluded.

“Poor Spikey. All lost and all alone. But I know what will make it better.” The soft eerily voice purred out stepping out from behind him. “Come back to me Spike. You don’t have that soul to hold you back anymore. Let me show you all the fun we could have.” Dru whispered in his ear.

Spike turned around and glared at her. “How many times do I have to tell you Dru? I. Don’t. Want. You.” He grumbled out with conviction. “My soul may be gone…but that doesn’t change the fact that I hate what you made me become. Now get out of my sight before I stake the hell out of you.” Spike growled less than an inch away from her face.

The female vampire pouted. “Naughty boy. Turning down mummy like that. I’ll make you see.” Those were her last words as she quickly disappeared into the shadowed day.

Spike took one last long look at the house, and noticed Willow walking up the front lawn. He shook his head sadly. “It’s for the best.” He whispered to himself before making his way back to his crypt.

* * * * *

Buffy approached Spike’s crypt slowly, worried that maybe he would attack her. To be honest, Buffy really didn’t know what to expect. So she knocked on the door three times before she could change her mind.

Spike opened the door, with a half empty bottle of Jack Daniels and just a pair of black jeans hanging low on his hips. Shock is the only expression that could be deciphered from the look on his face. “What are you doing here?” he asked in awe, then quickly changed his tone. “I thought I told you to stay away from me?!” he growled.

The Slayer took a deep breath. “Yeah, for some reason everything you said to me earlier didn’t add up.” Buffy walked past him into the room and hopped up onto the sarcophagus.

“Please, make yourself at home.” He grumbled under his breath. “What are you doing here, Buffy?”

Buffy could see a bit of the old Spike in there, but could tell he was keeping him at bay. “I wanted to talk to you. I want you to tell me the truth…was I really just your toy, or are you trying to protect me from something…or someone.” The blonde slayer pushed.

The vampire closed his eyes and turned away, choosing to ignore her question. He took a big slug of his Jack, and slumped into the chair in front of the TV.

Buffy hopped off the sarcophagus, and crouched in front of him. “I know you lost your soul Spike. I know you’re confused and so am I…because for some reason you’re not trying to kill me.” her voice wavered, and Spike tensed his jaw, and looked away from her. “Part of you still has feelings for me, and you don’t know why.” Buffy turned his face towards her, and noticed the pained look on his face along with unshed tears. “Talk to me, Spike. Please…I need to know if you still want me.” Buffy cried quietly.

Spike grabbed her face in both his hands. “I will always want you, luv. No matter what happens.” Spike pulled her up to rest on his lap, and rested his forehead against hers. “It’s just when I came to, I looked at you and all I wanted was to taste your blood, and that scared me…so I pushed you away, hoping that you would just accept it so I wouldn’t be tempted…and I love you so much, I’d rather you not be with me than not be in this world. I’m so sorry, pet. I’m so so sorry.” He sobbed into her chest, and all Buffy could do was cry herself and comfortingly run her fingers through his blonde locks.

“It’s okay, Spike…It’s gonna be okay.” She whispered.
End Notes:
please read and review!
it helps me write more
Leave Us The Bloody Hell Alone!!! by Bloody_Hell
Author's Notes:
Last Chapter! i'm so glad i'm finally getting these finished. I ended it just the way i wanted to, and it work with no flaws. i hope you enjoyed reading this as much as i enjoyed writing it.
"I’m so so sorry.” He sobbed into her chest, and all Buffy could do was cry herself and comfortingly run her fingers through his blonde locks.

“It’s okay, Spike…It’s gonna be okay.” She whispered.



Chapter 18: Leave Us The Bloody Hell Alone!!!


Buffy woke up hours later, curled up next to Spike downstairs on the bed. His arm was slung protectively around her, as if keeping her from leaving him. Yeah like that would ever happen. she commented to herself.

Buffy smiled, and started peppering kisses all over Spike’s face. She watched, as he would flinch every once in a while, till he finally woke up. “Do you plan on waking me up everyday like that?” he asked sleepily.

Buffy nodded against his chest. “Well then I can’t wait for the rest of my life.” He pulled her closer to him and kissed her passionately. “I’m sorry about everything, pet.”

“Don’t worry about it. I’m just glad you can’t resist me.” she joked with a giddy smile.

“Damn right!” he was just about to kiss her again when he heard a slam from upstairs. “What was that? Stay here, I’ll be right back.” Spike got out of bed and pulled on a pair of jeans and a black shirt.

“Do you really have to put clothes on? You look so good without.” She claimed with a pout as she sat up in bed with the sheet wrapped around her.

Spike smirked at her. “So do you, pet. But do you want whatever baddies up there to see my naughty bits? Possible female baddies?” he rephrased.

“On second thought.” Buffy perked up. She threw him his leather duster as well. “Stay as covered up as possible.” She pointed and mocked scolded him. She didn’t actually expect him to wear it…for it would look weird if he was wearing everything but his shoes.

He chuckled at her and laid his duster out on a chair. He headed up the ladder and into the main room to find a female figure standing by the door, blanket in hand. “What are you doing here Drusilla? I don’t think you’re understand my half of every conversation we have!” Spike raised him voice.

Dru pouted. It wasn’t anything like the pout Buffy had just given him…this pout had no effect on him at all. “She’s here isn’t she? The slayer…I smell her. Why haven’t you killed her yet, my Spike?” the vampire asked forcefully as she stepped closer to him. “This wasn’t the way I saw it!”

Spike frowned. “Are you talking about your bloody visions again, you silly bint?! I don’t care what you saw…or what you expected me to do!” he knew Buffy was crawling up the stairs and was hearing everything that was going on. “I’m not yours to play with anymore, Drusilla! I’m with Buffy now whether you like it or not…” Buffy came up behind him, and he reached out to her and intertwined his fingers with hers. “Now leave us the BLOODY HELL alone!!!!” Spike raged, yelling at his sire like he never had in his life.

She seemed to be shocked by this as well as Buffy who had never heard him this anger before either. Drusilla nodded slowly. “If that’s how you want it.” She glanced at Buffy and held her gaze for a while before speaking. “You’re very lucky…He’ll take good care of you.” The loneliness in her voice almost made Buffy’s heart break, but then she remembered everything that she ever did. But she noticed that all Drusilla really wanted, was Spike’s love…his care; maybe she wasn’t so inhuman after all.

Drusilla placed her blanket on the floor carefully, and then threw Spike one last sad smile before walking out into the brightly lit day. It was a quiet end for her. She didn’t scream, she didn’t struggle…and there was no injustice of someone taking her life for her.

Spike felt an emptiness in his body…a feeling every vampire feels when they lose their sire. But he felt the void being filled as Buffy wrapped her arms around his waist and kissed his chest, whispering. “It’s over…it’s finally over now. It’s gonna be okay, I promise.”

And she kept that promise.

* * * * *

Drusilla wasn’t lying that day when she said that Spike would take good care of her. He did…he was very good to her, maybe too good. Nah. she smiled to herself. She knew that it would be a little difficult with a vampire as your boyfriend, but she loved him too much to care.

He brought her to her Senior Prom, and made every single girl in that school jealous of her. He watched as a little man on stage announced a new award to the student body. ‘The Class Protector’ which much to Buffy’s surprise, went to her. Her urged her to go up and accept her award with a kiss on the forehead. She accepted, humbly of course, and thanked her graduating class. Spike as well as the rest of her friends cheered her on as she returned to their table.

“I can’t believe I got an award.” She said with a gaze of awe at the golden umbrella that was giving to her.

“It was well deserved.” Willow stated with a firm nod. “I guess people noticed you more than you thought, huh?”

Yeah I guess.” She cuddled into Spike’s embrace, as they continued to chat amongst themselves.

Giles appeared at the table. “It seems Spike got something well deserved also.” Everyone at the table frowned in confusion including Spike.

“What are you talking about mate?” Spike questioned.

Giles pulled his hand out of his pocket and held a little box in his hand. “I went through a lot of trouble to get this for you boy, so you better appreciate it.” He said firmly. Giles had recently been quite kind to Spike, treating him as if he was his son even though Spike was much older. The vampire didn’t mind though…he welcomed it for it had been a long time since he had that kind of a figure in his life. “This is for you too Buffy, but mostly for him.” Giles handed Spike the box and waited for him to open it.

Spike opened the box slowly, knowing the anticipation was killing everyone. The look on his face was indescribable. “The Gem Of Amara.” She stated in a breathless voice. “You got this for me?” At Giles’ nod, Spike slipped the ring on his middle finger of his right hand, and stood up. He pulled Giles into a tight hug that surprised everyone including Giles himself. “Thank you…you have no idea-” Spike paused as his emotions got the better of him. “No idea what this means to me.” he choked out.

“You’re quite welcome William.” The two men pulled away and both sat down.

Everyone seemed to warm up to the fact that Spike hadn’t changed at all since losing his soul. Xander took a little long than most, but eventually he accepted it, and both men seemed to be on okay terms.

“So what does the ring mean? How does the ring affect me?” Buffy asked Giles, but he decided to let Spike take this one.

“The ring makes me untouchable. To everything; staking, sunlight, decapitation…”

“Eww.” Everyone at the table let one out.

“I know that one would be kinda messy.” Spike claimed. “And it affects you, because that means I can live life as you do…live during the day, and sleep at night. We can go to the beach, and the park. Anything you want to do during the day…we can do now. No more just seeing me on those dark nights.” Spike finished with a grin.

Buffy threw herself in his arms and silently cried. Finally…she had a normal life. Well, sorta.



THE END!
End Notes:
Thank you to all my reviewer and readers that gave me the time of day for my work...i love feedback please let me know what you think
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=25796