Mate's Pain by smlcspike
Summary: Takes place during Willows spell, in Something Blue. Very Au from there. Starts when Willow is baking cookies after she has broke the spell and is feeling guilty. Buffy met Riley instead of Parker, and have been together, but nothing serious. Time lines and locations have been changed to help with the story. Set in season 4, but we have the magic box and the hotel Angel bought in Season 2 of Angel. Warning: This story will talk about Rape, but will not actually be seen, as well as nudity with M/M/F, and Spike/other
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations, Rape, Spike/Other
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 25 Completed: Yes Word count: 43145 Read: 29616 Published: 05/25/2007 Updated: 11/21/2007

1. Chapter 1 by smlcspike

2. Chapter 2 by smlcspike

3. Chapter 3 by smlcspike

4. Chapter 4 by smlcspike

5. Chapter 5 by smlcspike

6. Chapter 6 by smlcspike

7. Chapter 7 by smlcspike

8. Chapter 8 by smlcspike

9. Chapter 9 by smlcspike

10. Chapter 10 by smlcspike

11. Chapter 11 by smlcspike

12. Chapter 12 by smlcspike

13. Chapter 13 by smlcspike

14. Chapter 14 by smlcspike

15. Chapter 15 by smlcspike

16. Chapter 16 by smlcspike

17. Chapter 17 by smlcspike

18. Chapter 18 by smlcspike

19. Chapter 19 by smlcspike

20. Chapter 20 by smlcspike

21. Chapter 21 by smlcspike

22. Chapter 22 by smlcspike

23. Chapter 23 by smlcspike

24. Chapter 24 by smlcspike

25. Chapter 25 by smlcspike

Chapter 1 by smlcspike
Author's Notes:
Thanks to Mts.tyra for betaing this for me. It isn't as bad as all the warnings so don't let it fool you. I am going with NC-17 but most to if will actually be less.
Mate's Pain

Takes place during Willows spell, in Something Blue. Very Au from there. Starts when Willow is baking cookies after she has broke the spell and is feeling guilty. Buffy met Riley instead of Parker, and have been together, but nothing serious. Time lines and locations have been changed to help with the story. Set in season 4, but we have the magic box and the hotel Angel bought in Season 2 of Angel.

Warning: This story will talk about Rape, but will not actually be seen, as well as nudity with M/M/F, and Spike/other


Chapter 1

While pacing back and forth in Xander's basement, Willow rants on about Buffy and Spike, till she says "Well, fine. Why doesn't she just go marry him?"

Then her eyes glow blue.


******Back as Giles apartment. *****

Buffy is sitting in the chair that Spike was tied to while Spike is down on one knee holding her hand.

"It's just so sudden. I don't know what to say."

"Just say yes, and make me the happiest man on Earth."

"Oh Spike, of course it is a yes."



Spike pulls her down to him as he puts the skull ring on her finger, jumping up she runs over to Giles.



"Look Giles I'm engaged." She says with excitement in her voice.

"That's lovely My Dear." Giles says with fake enthusiasm, while thinking to himself: I'm blind and now my Slayer is engaged to Spike... there must be a spell.



"I know it is sudden, but I love him." Buffy says with sparkles in her eyes as she looks at Spike.

"Don't worry Watcher, I'll take good care of her. I have loved her from the first time I saw her, why do you think I could never kill her?"

"You do realise we are under a spell." Giles suggests to them.

"Oh poor, Giles, I am the Slayer, Spike is a Vampire. Spells can't affect us." She says as she walks back over to Spike and climbs on his lap.

Pulling her close to him, he says "Finally I get to kiss my future mate."



Then he kisses her till she is breathless.



Giving her time to breathe, "so when do you want to get married, luv?"

"Soon, I'd do it tonight if we could, I can't wait to be Mrs. Buffy the Bloody."

"Well we can't get married in the mortal way tonight, but we can get mated tonight. It is the demon form of Marriage." He informs her, as he kisses her again, hoping she will agree to the mating.



"What does it involve and when can we do it."

"It involves us making love and biting each other, to form a blood bond. As for being done, it can be done right now." He tells her.

"Isn't that great Giles, Spike wants to take me as his mate." She says as she starts to get off of Spike.

"Oh Dear Lord." Giles exclaims.



Going over and taking Giles hand, she asks. "What, what's wrong Giles?"

"Nothing my dear girl, nothing we can't deal with."

"Thank you Giles, Thank you for supporting this."



Getting back up and going back to where Spike is waiting by the stairs, she says. "We'll be back down in a few hours and then we will call Xander and Willow to help cure your blindness."

"Alright I'll just sit here and have a scotch or 2, see you in a couple hours."

"Don't drink to much Watcher; we might need you later to help with the undoing of the spell." Spike tells him as he starts to pull Buffy to his room.


______________________________________________________________________

2.5 hours later Buffy is just coming and she's not having a hard time walking? down the stairs with Spike as Xander and Anya come running in the door.



"What's he doing untied?" Xander asks pointing to Spike.

"Xander, Spike asked me to marry him and I said yes, so there will be no tying up of my future husband and mate."

"You do remember he is a Vampire?"

"Yes Xander, he is not the first Vampire I have loved."



Spike growls in the background at the mention of Angel.



"Are you forgetting he has tried to kill us all, not even a month ago?

"I only did it because I was fighting my love, for the Slayer here." Spike speaks up.

"What about Riley, Buffy?" Xander asks trying to get her to see reason, unaware that they are already mated.

"What about him, I was so not in love with Riley. Besides he doesn't have the right parts."
"I knew you needed a little monster in your man."



Buffy blushes and turns in Spike's arms. While she does that, her hair moves and exposes the bite on her neck.



Pointing to her neck, Xander says. "That's fresh; I thought the chip didn't let him harm a living thing."

"Xander he didn't hurt her, it's a pleasure bite, look how happy she is. I am sure he has given her many orgasms." Anya tells him.



Buffy's blush deepens, and Spike notices something.



"Umm, Watcher why do you have lots of different Demons in your courtyard?"

"Oh they are here for Xander, most of them are fighting to see who will win his love, and I am surprised you do not want him." Anya tells him.

"And why would they want the whelp?" Spike asks.

"Because Willow told him he was a Demon magnet." Anya simply states.

"Oh Dear Lord." Giles says.



"Giles what's wrong?" Buffy asks knowing when he says that it can't be anything good.

"Willow told me that I didn't see anything. And after that I started having trouble with my vision, 'till I was blind."

"She told me that Buffy and Spike should just get married." Xander says.

"It's quite clear that Willow has done a spell to have her will done." Giles tells the group.

"So how do we break it?" Buffy asks.

"I am afraid the only way to stop it is for Willow to break it." Giles tells them.

"So I'll just call her and tell her to come here, that there is something bad happening."

Buffy says as she walks over to the phone and dials up the number to their dorm.



5 minutes later, Buffy rejoins the group by sitting on Spikes lap.



"I got no answer, so I left a message to come as soon as possible."

"I believe, it would be wise to stay together, until Willow comes." Giles informs them.

"If you think I am going back out there, you are crazy."

"What's wrong whelp? Don't want the demons fighting over you?" Spike asks.

________________________________________________________________________

An hour later Willow, walks in through the back door of Giles flat.



"What is with all the fighting demons in the courtyard?" Willow asks.

"They all want Xander, ever since you called him a demon magnet." Anya tells
her.

"And I seem to have gone blind, since you told me I don't see at all." Giles added.

"I'm engaged, isn't that great." Buffy say holding up her left hand showing off the skull ring.



Seeing that her spell has gotten out of hand, Willow then says the words to break the spell.
Chapter 2 by smlcspike
Author's Notes:
Thanks for all the reviews, Again this was beta'd by the lovely mts.tyra. I don't own them but do like to play with them.
Chapter 2 Aftermath of the spell

“I’m sorry guys, I didn’t mean it.” Willow says wringing her hands together as she makes her way, to Giles’ kitchen and starts looking through his cupboards, looking for the ingredients to make cookies.



Anya goes to the window and pulls the curtain over a bit to peek out and says: “All the demons are gone.”

“That is so of the good, because I really don’t feel like slaying tonight.” Buffy replies.

“I believe that might be wise, with everything that went on earlier.” Giles states.

“Thank you, I feel so relaxed and I have no idea why. I’m relaxed in places I didn’t even know I had.” Buffy says.

“Most likely because of all the orgasms, you had with Spike, besides a Vampire’s bite can be very relaxing. Especially if it is done as a pleasure bite.”

“Please I don’t want to hear the words orgasm, pleasure or anything else like that, if it has to do with Buffy and Spike.” Xander tells his girlfriend.

“I am afraid it is only going to get worse before it get better.” Giles says knowing full well that Buffy and Spike have been mated during the spell.



Just then Willow comes out of the kitchen with a plate of cookies.


“Here everyone have a cookie.” She says passing them around to everyone, but Spike.

“You didn’t have to do that, Willow.” Giles tells her as he takes a chocolate chip cookie from the plate.

“A guilty Willow always bakes, now if you excuse me I have double chocolate chip in the oven.” She says as she put the plate of cookies down and heads back to the kitchen.

The now tied again Vampire asks, “Can I have a cookie?”

Walking up to Spike to give him a cookie on the way back to the kitchen, she notices a bite mark on his neck as she hands him the cookie.

“Spike what happened to your neck?”

Reaching up to feel his neck before taking the cookie from Willow, he clearly states “Buffy happened,” then he takes a bite from the cookie.

Once he finishes the cookie he says with a smirk: “Looks like I’m not the only one that likes to give pleasure bites.” Spike continues after wolfing down the cookie, with a smirk on his face.

Buffy blushes before coming back with her usual retort to him. “You’re a pig, Spike.”

“Yeah but you love me, just the same.”

“In your dreams, Spike.”



Starting to remember some of the things that happened during the spell, Spike exclaims:
“Oh Bloody Hell.”

“What that is all I get?” Buffy asks, waiting for him to give her a come-back.

“Will you shut your gob and listen to me for a sec ‘ere, Slayer. Those bites were done for pleasure but they were also done for something more. When we were under the spell we were to get married and we did in the demon world. We are mated to each other Slayer.”

“We are so not mated.” Buffy tries to protest.

“Yeah well that is too bad, you and I are mated, and there are things we are going to need to talk about, the sooner the better and in private.”

“So if we are mated, does that explain why I want to go back there and sit on your lap, then?”

“Most likely, so go right ahead and do it, because it will only get worse if you fight it.” He tells her.



Buffy heads over and sits on Spikes lap.



“Wait if it’s like a marriage, can’t they just get a divorce?” Xander asks.

“It’s not that easy, Xander.” Anya tells him. “Mating is not reversible and also Buffy will need Spike now, because there are 2 things you just do not do to a Slayer. 1) You don’t turn a Slayer and 2) you don’t mate with a Slayer.”



Buffy tries to get off Spike’s lap, but he holds her to him, and throws Anya a look that says thanks a lot.


“Why does it have to be Spike, why can’t it be Angel, is it not possible for Angel to take over for Spike?” Xander asks.


All at once, Buffy, Spike, Giles and Anya yell. “NO!”


“But you can’t possibly tell me you want Spike, as your mate.” Xander asks.


Very quietly Buffy say to the room, “At least he keeps coming back, he might be the thorn in my side, which just keeps on coming back. Even if you make a deal with him to leave and never come back, and we all know how well that turned out. Besides Angel left me, to get a normal life.”

“We have a lot to discuss and I guess that would also involve Angel and Dru.” Spike says.

“I can understand Dru, but why Angel?” Giles asks.

“Because I am able to feel both of them and they will know with out a doubt who I have mated to once they begin to feel her also.” Spike tells him.

“You can feel Angel and Dru at all times?” Buffy asks.

“And you.” Spike tells her before continuing. “Always been able to feel the Slayer, but now that we are mated I can feel you a lot stronger than I could before. As for feeling them a Vampire can always feel his Sire, because I basically have 2 Sires, I can feel them both. We will talk all about it later.”


Buffy nods as she reaches around to untie him.



“Why is Buffy untying Dead boy jr.?” Xander asks.

“Because he is coming with me tonight, mom is out of town, so we can have the house to ourselves.”

“He bit you once; he could drain you anytime now.” Xander tries to argue back.



“Do any of you know about mates, a mate will not harm his or her mate? Buffy is perfectly safe with Spike and so is everyone else as well for that matter. If they mated before the chip in his head, he would have given up feeding because, he would not want to give his mate the pain she would get from his feeding.” Anya tells them matter-of-factly.



“Yes indeed, with all my Watcher training I should have realised that sooner, and the only ones to end the mating would be Angel and Dru.” Giles tells everyone.

“Dru won’t try, Angel thinks….” Spike pauses for a minute before restarting, “Angelus thinks the girl belongs to him, I would imagine the Bloody Poof does too.”

“I do believe it would be wise to call Angel and explain what when on and that he is not to interfere.” Giles suggests.

“You can do it.” Buffy tells him, “I really want to get home and have the talk with Spike and go to sleep.”

“Yes, I will do my dear, I will call Angel in a bit, I might even wait till morning so that way he can’t drive down here an interfere tonight.”

“Sounds good Watcher, I’ll see you tomorrow night, unless the Slayer wants me to stay with her longer.”

“I’ll see you tomorrow Giles.” Buffy says as her and Spike head out of Giles door.
Chapter 3 by smlcspike
Author's Notes:
Thanks for the reviews and sorry for the wait it seems I have been having Beta problems, I had spikes mrs look this over so I could post it.
Chapter 3 The talk and the call


While entering her house with Spike, Buffy says to him, with a gesture towards the living room. “Why don’t you make yourself comfortable in the living room, I am going to run up and take a quick shower.”


“I’ll just watch the telly, then till you come back.”


Spike walks into the living room, and Buffy goes upstairs to have her shower.


________________________________________________________________________


*****At the same time over at Giles’s flat. *****


“Willow, would you mind coming here for a minute, I think we need to have a talk about what happened.” Giles calls to her from where he is sitting in the living room.


“I’m sorry Giles, I didn’t mean for it to happen.” Willow says with a voice full of remorse as she walks out of the kitchen carrying another plate of cookies, and sitting down on the couch.


“Yes, I know you’re sorry, I understand that, and I’ve had a lot of time to think while I was sitting here blind, all day.”


“And you were thinking about me?” Willow questioned with a sense of awe in her voice.


“No, I was thinking about things in general. But then when I found out it was you, I realised I have misinformed you about magic.”


Deflated she asks, “What do you mean, Giles?”


“If I would have only done my job, properly when you first started, doing magic spells. You would have had the proper training and this would never have happened.” Giles tells her with remorse that he is partly to blame for what happened today.


“What do you mean, Giles?”


“That this is just as much my fault as it is yours, Your first big spell was to restore Angel’s soul after you did that I should have gotten you the guidance you required, tomorrow I am going to call a Coven the Council works with and have them send someone from their Sunnydale branch to guide and train you.” He tells her factually.


Unbelieving she asks, clearly taken back at his statement, “Why Giles? Why now?”


“Because of what happened today, it has opened my eyes, you turned your child hood friend into a Demon magnet, and your other friend it caused her to get mated to a Vampire, a deadly Vampire not to mention that once a Slayer Mates it changes them, so now we have to wait and see what happens.” Giles informed her with a look of distaste on his face.


“What do you mean different?” Xander asks, speaking up for the first time from his seat on a spare chair next to Anya.


Giles then takes off his glasses and clearing them on his shirt before he launches in to explaining what he is talking about. “When a Slayer mates with a Vampire, they change, we will just have to wait and see what the full extent of the change will be.” Pausing before he continues, “It can be from nothing at all to very, very dangerous, she could even forget that she is not evil herself.”


Turning back to Willow, “Now I don’t want you doing any magic for a while, and I believe it might be best if you were to stay here for the night.”


“Alright Giles, I will do anything to make it up to you and everyone.”


“Let me just go and get my room in order, who knows what Spike’s is like after earlier today, so you can take my room and I will take the couch.” Giles says getting up of the couch so he can go to his room.


“Thank you, Giles.”


“You two should go home and get some sleep; we will meet again tomorrow night.” Giles says to Xander and Anya, as if he were dismissing them from the flat.


“See you tomorrow, Wills and G-man.” Xander say as he leaves Giles’s with Anya.”


________________________________________________________________________


*****Back at the Summer’s residence, sitting on the couch cuddled up next to each other. *****


“So what do we have to talk about?” Buffy asks.


“What do you know about mating?” Spike asks her, deciding it is as good as place as any to start.


“Not much, Giles always kept that book, locked up and away from me.”


“That was probably for the better, so we can focus on us and not have to worry about what you have read.” Spike says as he turns and looks as his mark he placed on her neck earlier that also covered up his Grandsires.


“Okay, so where do we start?” Buffy asks, just as she realizes where his eyes are.


“How about you tell me, how you got the bite from Peaches when he didn’t give you a bite when you to slept together?” Spike questions as he reaches up to almost touch where her 3 bites are The Masters covered by Angel, then Angels covered by Spike’s.


“Faith went evil, paired herself with the Mayor, he figured that if he could take Angel away from me, I wouldn’t be able to fight him when I need too. Little did he know, I broke up with Angel the same night, you were in Sunnydale last. I told him that I could fool my friend and family and Watcher, I could even try to fool myself, but I couldn’t fool you, Spike.”


Spike couldn’t help himself. “Is that so?”


“Yes, anyways after I broke up with him, he decided that he was going to leave Sunnydale, after the fight with the mayor. He wanted me to have a normal life and get a normal boyfriend.” Buffy says with a laugh.


“No offence Slayer, but you will never be normal, if you ask me he was having a hard time with the not being able to have sex with you. Even from the first time I saw you, I wanted to push you down and shag you senseless.”


Blushing, she continued, “So we broke up and he said he was moving away after he helped me save the world, we were walking home from a Scooby meeting I think, the next thing we knew Angel had collapsed with an arrow in his shoulder. Later on we found out, that it was Faith who had shot a poisonous arrow at Angel. After some research we discovered that only Slayer blood would cure him, so I took Faith’s knife, and left the library to go and fight Faith. Slayer blood is what he needed, so Slayer blood is what he would get, I didn’t care at that point if I killed her or not.”


Scared at what he might hear next, he tightens his hold on her and says. “Please tell me you didn’t kill her?”


“I fought her, stabbed her, she fell off a wall and is currently in a coma at the Sunnydale General, as soon as she fell off the wall I went to the mansion. I told Angel I could cure him, he didn’t want to drink from me, but I kept hitting him until he vamped out and bit me. Finally as he came back to himself he stopped feeding and not a minute too soon, I was unconscious from the blood loss and almost died, so he brought me to the hospital, where I had a Slayer dream from Faith and figured out how to fight the mayor.”


“How would Peaches almost draining you; let you see how to defeat the Mayor? But it also explains why the bite is the way it is, most Vampire bites are clean unless they are enraged.”


“It was sent from Faith.” She says then steers the subject away from her and Angel to him and Harmony. “So I told you what you wanted to know about Angel, now tell me why you are here in Sunnydale again and with Harmony no less.”


“After I left Sunnydale last time, I went to go back to Dru, but on the way I heard about the Gem, I figured that if I found the Gem, then I could kill you and bring your head back to Dru.”


He felt Buffy tense in his arms.


“Don’t worry, I can’t kill you now. In fact no one will ever be able to kill you again, you are Eternal now.”


“Eternal?” Buffy says with question in her voice.


“As well as other things, it mostly means you won’t die again, you will get stronger and your senses will change, but that will all depend on the Slayer in you and the Vampire you are mated to.”


“Guess I will have to get use to that, what else can you tell me?”


“Well aside from all that you and I are linked, once we work it out we will be able to talk telepathically as well.”


With a strange look she states, “Now that will really take some getting use too, you in my head at all times.”


“Yeah I know what you mean there, Slayer.”


Just then Buffy lets out a yawn.


“Now it’s time for you, to get some sleep, Slayer.” He informs her as if to let her know, they have all the time to talk and sort things out.


“Would you mind holding me, I don’t think I am ready to do much more, right now. I guess I will also need to break up with Riley, and yes before you ask you are the only other guy I have slept with besides Angel.”


With a smile on his face, he states, “Glad to hear that, and yes I will just hold you it is enough, for right now.” Then he gets up off the couch and holds out his hand to help her up.


________________________________________________________________________


*****4:30 in the morning at Giles flat. *****


Sitting at his desk, Giles picks up his phone and dials the phone number Angel gave him in case of emergencies, Angels phone number in LA.


“Angel Investigations, Wesley speaking.” Wesley says into the phone after answering it.


“Hello, Wesley, would Angel be around?” Giles asks.


“And who may I asks is calling?” Wesley says in a very business like tone.


“Rupert Giles.”


“I’ll just get Angel for you, Mr. Giles.”


Answering his phone, once Wesley transfers it to him he says. “Hello Angel speaking.”


“Hello, Angel its Rupert Giles, I need to talk to you about something important involving my Slayer.” Giles quickly states hoping it will get him to listen better if Buffy is involved.


At the mention of Buffy, Giles had Angels full attention. “Alright Giles, what can I do for you?”


“Well it seems that we have had something happen in Sunnydale tonight and Buffy is afraid you will try to interfere.” Giles explains to him.


“What is it Giles?” Angel asks.


“I am not sure how much you know, but Spike has actually been living chained up in my bath tub for about a month now.” Giles states calmly knowing Angel won’t be.


“He’s what?” Angel bursts out.


“Angel do shut up and let me continue, Willow did a spell today, and it was to work will, she turned me blind, Xander into a Demon magnet and she said that Buffy and Spike should get married.”


Before Giles could carry on Angel simply asks, “He claimed her, didn’t he?”


“Yes they were under a spell, now we know it can’t be undone and we are also aware that you can take over the claim, by challenging Spike.” Giles continues on.


“I can and I will, I’ll be there this evening.” Angel tells him already making plans of this departure for a few days or longer.


“No you won’t,” Giles firmly states. “She doesn’t want it, to be transferred. My Slayer has developed feeling for him and she wants it to stay with Spike. You will obey her wishes, besides you can’t fulfil what needs to be done.” Giles informs him.


Dejected Angel says, “I understand, but if he hurts her, I am stepping in. I don’t care what they say.”


“I’ll tell them, thank you Angel. I need to go so I can get some sleep, good bye Angel.”


“Bye Giles.”

AN: This is just so you do have a fair warning, the next chapter will deal with the rape I have mentioned. We will not be seeing it just Spike feeling it as it happens to Buffy, so it won’t be that bad.
Chapter 4 by smlcspike
Author's Notes:
Thanks for the reviews and thanks to spikes mrs for reading over for me. Again I don't own them just like to play with them.
AN: This chapter does imply a rape takes place, you will not see it but if you can't handle the mention please do not read it, it is the worse chapter in the fic. I will tell you this much to help some people out. Spike does not rape Buffy, he feels it throught the Mating claim he has by I repeat does not rape her. smlcspike


Mate's Pain


Chapter 4 The Rape


1 Week later, the towns folks of Sunnydale found themselves not being able to speak, while the media blamed it one a rare case of laryngitis. A half a dozen or so knew it was the work of a Demon.


During the second day, of silence, the small group of 6 discovered a way to solve it, Buffy would need to break a box that contained everyone’s voices and then scream until the Gentlemen’s head popped off.


So that evening, Buffy set out to patrol alone, while patrolling she finds their hideout is near the North campus of UC Sunnydale, since she has noticed them all entering that house and this is also the place she gets jumped by the men in straight jackets. Once she is done fighting off all the men in straight jackets, she then makes her way to the upper level of the house and to where all the Gentlemen are gathered in one room. Once she reaches the room she has more men in straight jackets men attack her, and starts to fight them off, she then finds herself face to face with one Commando Riley Finn.


Not being able to get to the box, she motions for Riley to break it.


He breaks a jar containing a heart, so she motions again, at the box while rolling her eyes at him, he breaks another heart.


Finally he manages to break the box with voices, and they start to be returned. Flinging herself into the corner, she opens her mouth and screams until the entire group of Gentlemen’s heads pop off.


After that she picks herself up of the ground, and with out giving a backwards glance to her ex-boyfriend she walks back to Giles flat, where Spike is still staying for safety reasons.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


*****The next day, Professor Walsh’s class. *****


After Buffy and Willow have exited her class, Maggie turn to Riley, and questions him on his assignment.


“So what did you find out with the scanner?”


“The scanner didn’t pick up anything, I made a point of almost touching her with it, when I handed her the assignment” Riley tells her still trying to figure out himself why did it not work, then asks her “What is she?” Riley asks.


“I don’t know, get close to her, if you have to tazor her and bring her in do so. I will be waiting for your report tonight.” Maggie tells him as she starts to put her stuff away.


Picking up his bag, he says. “Yes ma’am.” Then leaves the room to find Buffy, seeing her head towards her dorm room he follows after her.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


*****Buffy and Willow’s Dorm room. *****


After a few minutes to make sure she is going to stay in there, he goes to the door and knocks on it.


Hearing a knock on her door, she goes over to answer her door, and she says. “Riley, what are you doing here?”


Quickly he states, “I think it is time for you and me to have a talk, don’t you?”


“Yeah I guess we do, why don’t you come in please?”


Riley comes into the room and closes the door, before heading to Willow’s bed to sit down., Buffy walks to own her bed and sits herself down on it.


“Let me just say you were great last night, you don’t even have a mark on you. What are you?” He asks.


“You mean; you haven’t figured it out yet?” Buffy asks, slightly surprised.


“Um no.” Riley says.


“So a Demon fighting Commando, such as you hasn’t figured out what a mere little Slayer is. You take pride in capturing Demons, but you never thought to research what The Slayer is. Look it up, The Slayer.” She informs him with pride, of what she is and knowing the stuff about Riley he was trying to keep secret.


Concerned that his secret is out he asks, “How do you know what we do?”


“Maybe because, you put a Chip in my Mates head.” Buffy says coldly.


“Hostile 17,” He says knowing she is talking about the Vampire that, escaped, then continues “ Cannot be your mate. A Vampire can not be a friend, is that why you broke up with me?” He asks feeling a bit insecure with himself about a Vampire.


“He’s not my friend he is my Mate.” She says as she moves the collar of her shirt aside.


Getting up to look at her neck, he says angrily. “You let a Vampire bite you, are you sick, you could have gotten infected.”


“Vampires don’t infect when they bite, they are actually very clean, and I should know Spike wasn’t the first.” Buffy informs him factually.


“There were more, are you crazy?” He yells at her, as he turns back to her and grabs her, while trying to hide his anger at the moment. “What about Aids and stuff like that?”


“Vampires can’t get diseases, Riley.” She states to him matter of fact.


Getting himself madder and madder with her by the minute he brings the tazor to her neck and pushes the button. He then picks her up thinking to himself, ’I think I’ll have a little fun with her first for dumping me.’ Then he walks out the door.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


*****Giles flat, living room. *****


As soon as Buffy was knocked out, Spike jumped up out of his chair, game face firmly attached.


Noticing Spike’s change, Giles asks. “Spike what’s wrong?”


Spike trys to get himself relaxed enough to change back to his human face and answer Giles, but all he manages to say it “Buffy” before his game face comes back on his face.


“Spike what is wrong with Buffy?” Giles asks, as he gets up and walks over to Spike. Upon noticing that Spike is struggling with his game face, Giles says to him. “Don’t fight it; just tell me what happened to Buffy.” Then he lays a gentle hand on Spike’s shoulder.


“She was at her dorm room, and Riley came they were talking. First about last night, then about Vampires, he was calling her sick for allowing Vampires to bite her. He even asked if she thought about Aids and stuff like that.” Spike said trying to get the emotions to laugh at that comment. “Then somehow she was knocked unconscious.”


“How could a normal man knock her out, she is the Slayer?” Giles asks trying to figure out what was happening, and how to comfort Spike.


“I don’t know, but they got me remember. I will admit I was paying more attention to the Slayer than anything else that night, or I might have sensed them. But they took me down with tazors and blasters.”


“Do you know where she is?” Giles asks already trying to form a plan to rescue her in his head.


“No she hasn’t come too, yet.” Spike simply states, in a pained tone.


“I’ll call Xander and get him and Anya to come over here, we will find her, don’t worry.” Giles says as he goes back over to his desk and picks up his phone to call Xander.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


*****30 minutes later, Xander and Anya arrive at Giles flat. *****


Giles has managed to calm Spike down some, by giving him some scotch.


Looking at Giles and Spike, Xander asks. “What’s wrong?” as they enter the flat.


“It seems about 45 minutes ago, Riley knocked Buffy out and has taken her somewhere.” Giles tells him.


“A human could never knock, Buffy out she is strong, and she is even stronger than Spike.” Xander points out.


“I’m well aware of that, Xander but don’t forget they did manage to capture Spike at one time, and Buffy did find out last night that Riley was one of them.” Giles also points out.


“So what do we do now, then?” Xander asks, just as Spike starts to growl.


“I suggest we listen to what Spike has to say.” Anya says walking up to Spike and laying a hand on his arm.


Spike looks at her, and then turns to the others in the room with tears in his eyes and simply states. “He’s raping her.”


Not being affected the way the other two were, she puts her arms around him and quietly says to Spike, “I am going to get you something to help you; you can’t do anything till sundown. I know it is hard for you and your demon and it’s also against its nature, to sit and do nothing, but you are doing something. You’re helping her, because if it wasn’t for you we would not know that anything is happening to her.” She then pulls away from Spike.


Spike nods his understanding to her, while Giles and Xander are standing there watching with shocked expressions on their faces, since they are still getting use to the idea of Spike not hurting anyone.


Anya gets up off the couch and asks Giles, “Where do you keep your medication?”


“On the shelf, in the kitchen.” Giles replies to her, wondering why she would want that.


Anya walks into the kitchen and finds his medicine cabinet, looking thru the stuff there; she finds a bottle of Valuim. Taking 2 out she grabs some blood and heats it, then takes them to Spike. She then hands him the pills and the blood.


Taking the pills and Blood, he says “Thanks pet.” and then drinks the blood.


“What did you give him?” Giles asks wanting to make a note of it in case it is ever needed again.


“Valuim and blood it will help relax him but not knock him out.”


_____________________________________________________________________________________


*****4 hours later, Willow walks into Giles’s flat. *****


“Giles have you seen Buffy, she missed her afternoon classes and wasn’t at the dorm or her house.”


Sadly Giles tells her, “I’m afraid that Riley somehow has knocked her out and taken her somewhere. He has been keeping her unconscious and repeatedly raping her. Xander and Anya have been searching for them, but we don’t know where he lives or anything like that.”


With tears in her eyes, she asks. “Do you think she is alright?”


“She is fine; she doesn’t know what is happening to her.” Spike tells her, from where he has been laying on the couch.


“Have you tried, Lowell house, it is where Riley and the rest of the commando’s live.” Willow tells them, just as Buffy seems to wake up.


“Spike, Spike where are you?” Buffy says in her mind as she starts to come too, and is looking for Spike.


“Buffy is that you?” Spike asks back, in his mind.


“Yes Spike, what happened?” She asks him in her mind again, and also feeling that she can not move.

“Riley he’s knocked you out with something and has been repeatedly raping you. Can you see where you are so we can come get you?” Spike asks her.


“I’ll try; there is stuff I can do that he doesn’t know about.”


“I know luv, be careful, I’ll be here.”


Spike turns back to the group, “Buffy’s alert and she is going to try and find out where she is.”


“Spike, he’s got me handcuffed to the bed in his room, at Lowell house, he just came back into the room, and I can break the handcuffs.”


“Not yet, we will be there soon, don’t alert him to the fact that you are awake, in case he decides to knock you out again.”


“Alright, I will wait, will you stay with me?”


“I will, Just let me tell the others where you are.” He tells her.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


*****10 minutes later, they are walking in the front door to Lowell house. *****


“Buffy, luv we are near, what is he doing?” Spike asks.


“He just climbed on top of me again; I so want to get rid of him.” She tells him.


“Your soul is too good to kill him.” Spike points out to her.


“I know you tell me that all the time.”


“Okay, luv, were in the hallway with the bedrooms, I need you to scream so you can alert everyone to where you are, try to knock him out as well, I won’t be able to fight him.” Spike instructs her.


“Alright” she says to him.


“I’ll be right here with you, on the count of three, 1, 2, and 3”


They all hear Buffy scream then Riley yelling “You Bitch.” he then grabs for the tazor that was on the night stand, to silence Buffy. Turning it up to a higher voltage he then puts it behind her ear at the base of her neck and pushes the button, effectively knocking her out again.


At Buffy’s scream, not only do the Scoobies go running to Riley’s room but Graham and Forrest do as well, before Giles manages to get to Riley and Buffy, Graham grabs Riley and throws him across the room.


Graham and Forrest then run to Riley allowing Giles and Willow to go over to Buffy. As Graham asks Riley, “What did you do man?”


Willow lays a blanket down and Giles gently scoops Buffy up and lays her on the blanket, wrapping her up in it before picking her up and walking to Spike, he says to Riley as he hand Buffy to Spike, “Your lucky you put that chip in her Mates head, or you would be dead right now,” then he turns to Xander “Take Buffy and Spike to the hospital, I will be along shortly.”
Chapter 5 by smlcspike
Author's Notes:
Thanks for the reviews, Again this was looked over by spikes mrs. I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mate’s Pain


Chapter 5 Aftermath of the rape


*****Xander, Anya, and Willow follow Spike carrying Buffy into the hospital. *****


Seeing how distraught Spike is, Willow takes him to sit down with Buffy, before she goes to the nurse’s desk.


“My friend has been beaten and raped all day; she needs to be seen by a doctor.” Willow informs the nurse.


“Please fill these out the best you can, I will get a doctor.” She says handing Willow a bunch of forms on a clipboard.


Willow walks back over to everyone and starts to fill out the forms, as the nurse pushes the call button at the desk to call for a doctor.


Dr. Goodman walks up to the front desk, “Lois is there a problem?” He asks.


“We’ve just had a beaten and rape victim brought in, she is in the waiting room with her friends.”


“Alright, I’ll go speak to them, you call the authorities.” Dr. Goodman says as he starts to walk over to where he was told the victim would be.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Walking up to the only group in the waiting room and especially the man holding a blond girl wrapped in a blanket. He introduces himself, “Hello, I am Dr. Goodman, how may I help you, tonight?”


“She’s been chained, kept knocked out most of the day and raped, she came to and he must have found out and knocked her out again.” Willow says taking charge of the group.


Walking over to where Buffy and Spike are, he says. “Your friend is in good hands.”


Spike looks at the doctor as the doctor bends down to look at Buffy, he then has to fight his demon to let the doctor touch her, but he knows it’s for the best.


“I just want to check her heart, and then I’ll get a room ready for her.” the Doctor explains to Spike who is holding Buffy tightly.



Spike just nods his head.


As the doctor starts to check her heart, Giles comes into the hospital and goes over to meet them.


“Her heartbeat is strong, I am sure she will recover just fine, I” go find a room for her.” The doctor says getting up, and going back into the ER section of the hospital.


_____________________________________________________________________________________

After the doctor had left, Giles says, “Graham took him down into the Initiative, after he managed to get him to confess on tape to what happened. I also have this, it is what he used to keep her unconscious and he admits to jacking it right up, when she screamed, at that point he wanted her dead instead of getting caught.”


Willow lets out a gasp at what Giles has just said.


“There is a possibility that when she wakes up she could have problems with certain things, memory, her limbs, but all we can do is wait and see.” Giles tells them.

_____________________________________________________________________________________


Just then the doctor comes back. “I have a room for her; I’ll have a look at her and then determine the best course of action. Also in all cases like this the local authorities have been contacted.” Then he looks at Spike, “I’ll allow you to carry her to the room, but then you have to come back out here. Lois said you had a pretty good handle on carrying her, I really don’t want to distress her any more than is necessary, until we can check her over.”


Spike nods and goes to follow the doctor, he sets her down on the hospital bed and goes to leave the room.


Noticing the lack of reflection in the mirrors the doctor says to Spike. “You’re not going to go biting everyone in the waiting room are you?”


Spike stop and is taken back by what the doctors has said. “How?” Was all he could ask, with surprise in his voice?


“Lack of reflection, pale skin, cool to the touch and let’s not mention, she has a heartbeat and I didn’t even get an echo from yours and I should have.”


“You’re correct I am a Vampire, Buffy is…. Buffy is my mate, she is I guess you would say mostly human. She is the Slayer, but when she became my mate, she also became Eternal.”


“I’ll have a look at her, I can’t guarantee anything.”


“That is all we ask, just don’t keep her here if, you can’t help her. She has a fear of hospitals.” Spike tells the Doctor.


“I promise I won’t keep her, I will need to observe her for a few hours, dawn will be in about 8 hours, and I’ll try getting you out before that.”


“Thank you.” Spike says as he goes to walk out then pauses for a minute. “Oh and I only drink bagged blood, the others with her are her Watcher and friend, they are all human.” Then he leaves the room, and goes back to the waiting room.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


When Spike gets back to the waiting room Willow is still trying to get over what Giles just said. “Professor Walsh is the leader of the Initiative, she sent Riley after Buffy, I am sure of it, and she told me this morning that Riley is one of the Commando’s”


“What’s this?” Spike asks.


“One of Buffy’s teachers runs the Initiative.” Anya tells him.


Sitting down Spike says. “Dr. Goodman, knows what I am, so I assured him I only drink bagged blood and Buffy is Human, mostly. He also told me, he would send her home, by dawn so we could be together.”


“I want to talk to you about something.” Giles says to Spike.


“Alright Watcher.”


“Let’s go over here and talk.” Giles says as he leads Spike over to a row of chairs about 8 feet away from her friends.


“I don’t know how she will be; but I believe he was keeping her out with this.” Giles says as he shows him a tazor. “I also suspect that when she screamed, his anger caused him to turn it up to a lethal dose.”


“It won’t kill her though, she is Eternal, If we have to there has to be away to bring her back.” Spike says desperately.


“I still need to finish researching the Eternal Slayer; and I have also been thinking, now and please listen to me before you say anything.” Giles tells Spike knowing he won’t like what he is going to say next.



“I think; I am not going to like what you are going to say.” Spike tells him.


“No your certainly not, but I have a feeling you will do what is needed to keep her safe.”


“Yes I would, she is my Mate and it killed me today, not being able to be there for her. If it wasn’t for you lot I would most likely be dust right now from trying to get to her.”

“I believe you might be changing as well, Spike, but right now, our main priority is Buffy, and her safety. The fact is something set Riley off, one of her teachers runs the Initiative, they already managed to capture you and have clearly proven they can get to her and harm her, and they might manage to get to you through her. That is why I plan on calling Angel in LA, both you and Buffy need his sanctuary, she belongs to you which makes her a member of your Vampire Order. I want Willow to go with you and Buffy as well as myself. When Joyce comes home, we will let her know what happened.” Giles explains to him.


“Your right we do need to protect her right now, we will have to leave at sundown, and the doc said he would only keep her for a few hours, to observe her.” Spike tells him.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Just then the Doctor walks up the Spike and Giles, with a Police Officer.


“Sir this is Officer Sears it is hospital policy to contact the local authorities, so now he has some questions for you.” Dr. Goodman tells them.


“Yes I understand, I am Rupert Giles, you will find I am listed as a contact person if anything happens to her.”


“Yes, I noticed that, so will you two please, come with me.” The Dr. says as he leads them back to the room where Buffy is.


“I have gone over her injuries with Officer Sears; let’s just say I am surprised she doesn’t have more injuries. I will start at the top and work my way down.” The Doctor tells them while he moves up to her head, he rolls her on her side and moves her hair away, “We have found at least 6 or more marks like this on her neck, and at the base of her skull and neck.”


Giles pulls out the tazor, “This was beside her and he admits to using it on her.”


The officer reaches for it and Giles hands it to him, walking to Buffy he matches it to the marks on her, and then says. “It’s the weapon.”


“This spot right here appears to be the last one and the one that was the strongest. The extent of that injury will not be known until or if she wakes up.”


“Is she in a coma?” Giles asks.


“That’s the thing, she isn’t in one. Her brain waves are fine, she just seems too be in suspended animation, so it’s a wait and see kind of deal.” The Doctor explains to them.


“Moving on from those marks on her neck, to this mark where it looks like it is under 24 hours old, but it is healing nicely, so I didn’t treat it and am even thinking it was there before she was taken.” The doctor say as he shows them the bite mark Spike put on her the night before.


“It was.” Spike simply told the doctor.


“Both her wrist have red marks on them, it looks like she pulled against what was binding her and broke them, I am thinking some form of handcuff.”


“I believe she might have been handcuffed to the bed.” Giles tell the Police Officer.


“We will look for them, when we search the room, where she was. I am assuming we know who did this.”


“Yes officer it was her ex-boyfriend Riley Finn, he currently resides at Lowell house, on UC Sunnydale’s campus.” Giles tells him as he also hands him, his copy of Riley’s confession. “This is his account of what happened.”


Taking the tape from Giles he says. “Thank you, I’ll send an officer over there now to start the investigation.” He says as he steps out of the room to call the station.


“She has a lot of cuts and tears, at her vagina opening, so even if she was to wake now, I am asking No sexual intercourse, until she is healed and ready.”


Giles nods in agreement, with the doctor.

“There’s just one more injury I found on her, I am not sure what he used to move her, but her knees were banged around a couple of times. Again it is showing nothing serious.


“Now as I told you already, I will need to observe her for a few hours then before sun up, you can take her home. Do you have any questions?” The Doctor asks after explaining her injuries to Spike and Giles.


Spike looks at the doctor and asks, “Can I hold her?”


“She has to stay on the bed, but yes I will let you climb up there and hold her. I don’t know a lot about Vampires, but ever since my sister was attacked a couple of years ago, I have taken it upon myself to learn as much as I can about them.” The Doctor informs them.


Spike removes his duster and boots and climbs in behind Buffy; the doctor rearranges some wires then says. “I’ll just go get her friends, to join you and see Officer Sears out. Dr. Goodman says as he walks to the door, but not before he hears a quiet “Thank you,” from Spike.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


5 Minutes later Willow, Xander and Anya are entering Buffy’s hospital room.


“How is she?” Willow asks as she sits down in a chair, by the bed.


“Same.” Spike tells her.


“We’ve decided that we are going to take Buffy to Angel’s, where she can be safe to recover. I would like it, if Willow would come as well. Buffy might need a women’s touch and a friend, also I don’t think it a good idea for Willow to be in class right now.” Giles informs the group.


“I’ll have to talk to Tara; she can help keep and eye on Riley and Professor Walsh.” Willow suggests to them him.


“That might be a good idea.” Giles tells her.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


5 hours later the doctor comes back in to check on Buffy, everyone but Spike is asleep, upon hearing the doctor come in he opens his eyes.


“I just need to check her vitals one last time, and then you can take her home. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to call.” He says handing Spike a piece of paper with phone numbers on it.


Taking the paper from the doctor he says “Thanks.”


The doctor checks her out and hands Spike a scrub set. “You can put these on her to take her home, I’ll just go and get her discharge papers, but I am going to need his signature since she is unable to do it.”


“I’ll dress her then wake Rupert up.” Spike tells the doctor as he leaves the room.


_____________________________________________________________________________________

After dressing Buffy, he cradles her in his arms, as he gets off the bed to wake Giles, “Watcher” he says as he gently shakes him awake.


Waking up Giles asks. “Spike what’s wrong?”


“Doc coming back says you have to sign something, and then we can go back to your place.” Spike tells him, happy to be getting out of the hospital with his Mate in his arms.
Chapter 6 by smlcspike
Author's Notes:
Thanks for the review, thanks to spikes mrs for looking it over, again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mates Pain


Chapter 6 Riley & home from the hospital


While Buffy was at the hospital, Riley was being dealt with in the Initiative. After Rupert Giles left Riley’s room, Graham and Forrest took Riley down into the Initiative to see Professor Walsh.


“Keep him here while, I go talk to Professor Walsh.” Graham orders Forrest as he starts to walk off towards Professor Walsh‘s office.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


He walks to Professor Walsh’s office door and proceeds to knock on it, “Come in.” Maggie calls out from within her office, when she hears the knock on the door.


Walking into Professor Walsh’s office, “Ma’am we have a problem.” Graham informs her.


“With what?” she asks as she turns around to face Graham.


“Riley, he was found in his room with Buffy Summers.” Graham tells her.


“I understood those 2 were going out, am I not correct.” She questions his telling her about Riley and Buffy.


“No, she broke up with him just over a week ago.”


“You never know they could be getting back together, now.” She says not wanting to believe that Riley would do anything to harm a woman, if that is what Graham is talking about.


“No, ma’am we heard a scream, and it came from his room, when we got there her friends were coming to get her, at the same time. When we heard the scream both Forrest and I ran into Riley’s room. I pulled him off of her, they were both naked and he was about to enter her unconscious body as he held a tazor to her neck.” Graham informs her, with a shudder of having to relive the image in his head.


“Where is Riley and the girl now?” Maggie asks clearly surprised at what Graham has just told her.


“Riley is down here waiting out in the hall with Forrest, an older man came and wrapped her in a blanket then handed her over to a bleach blonde man, who never entered the room, I know I have seen him before but can’t figure out where from. The older man instructed them to take her to the hospital, and he would follow shortly.”


Still in disbelief that Riley would do something like this she asks, “Do we know exactly what Riley did?”


“He says he went to talk to her this morning, she knew all about what we did here and he freaked out. He told us that he tazored her and took her back to his place, he was going to bring her to you tonight, but decided to have some fun with her first. So he handcuffed her to his bed after stripping her down, and then had sex with her over and over again, while keeping the tazor near by to use on and off during the day so she would not regain consciousness. But she must have at some point because she let out a scream and broke the handcuffs, he then said he grabbed the tazor and turned it up all the way and put it at the base of her skull. We have no idea if she is alive or not.” Graham added the last part as an after thought to Professor Walsh.


“We need to find out if Miss Summers is okay and find out what exactly Riley was thinking, when they were talking.” Maggie informs him.


“Her friends will recognize Forrest and me.” Graham points out to her.


“Your not going to the hospital, both of you will stay with Riley.” Maggie tells him, as she sits down in her desk chair, behind her desk. “Please bring Riley in.”


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Graham leaves her office to go and retrieve Riley and Forrest, “Professor Walsh will see us now.” He tells them as he walks up to where Forrest is keeping Riley in the hall outside her office.


Forrest then helps Riley up and starts to guide him to the office, Riley just shrugs of Forrest while saying, “I can walk all by myself, thank you.”


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Graham and Forrest silently follow him to Professor Walsh’s office, once they enter the office Maggie turns to them and says. “Sit down, guys.”

Pacing her small office a couple times she says to Riley, “Just what were you thinking, I told you to get close and try and find out what she is, not to do what you did.” She yells angrily at him.


“I wasn’t ma’am, when she knew all that stuff about us, I just lost it. Then she called herself the Slayer and said that we had put a chip in her Mates head.” Riley replies back to her.


“Hostile 17.” Graham says. “I knew, I knew him from somewhere and the older man now that you think of it mention a chip in her Mates head.”


“We argued about her and him, she doesn’t seem to care about him being a Vampire.” Riley continued on his tale of what took place.


“I always thought the Slayer was a myth.” Maggie says thoughtfully.


“You mean you believe her?” Riley asks, with surprise in his voice.


“Yes, now what we need to do is lay low for a while, and then I will begin surveillance on her and hostile 17, right now you are going to be stuck down here. The authorities were most likely called, we will assess the situation and move on from there, take him to room 286. We will have to get it set up for him; I also suggest, that you two spend as much time down here as possible for your own safety. I will talk to you later.” Maggie says as she dismisses them, by turning her back on them.


Looking at a list she picks up the phone and pages an agent.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


*****10 minutes later an Agent comes into Maggie’s office.*****


“You paged me, ma’am?” the Agent questions.


“Yes, Unfortunately Riley has got himself in a bit of trouble and I will need you to investigate, the extent of Miss Summers injuries and the documents that the hospital might have on what took place tonight, you may set out early in the morning.” Maggie informs him.


“Yes ma’am.” The agent replies.


“Good I will see you tonight.” Maggie says as she dismisses him as well and goes back to what she was doing at the table behind her desk, before Graham interrupted her the first time.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


*****The gang arrives back at Giles flat after leaving the hospital.*****


Spike is carrying Buffy up to his room, when Giles calls out to him, “Did you want me to call Angel or did you want to be the one to make the call to him?”


“You do it; I have a Mate to take care of.” Spike says as he continues to climb the stairs.


____________________________________________________________________________________


Once Spike is upstairs, Giles turns to the rest of them and says. “Why don’t you all go home and get some rest, come back later, it has been a long day and I am totally ready just to fall into bed myself, but first I have to call Angel.”


At everyone’s nods Giles then continues.


“Willow, we will be leaving by sundown, Xander it would be best for you and Anya to come anytime that you are not working for any long periods of time, could you also tell her mother when she gets home in a day or so.”


“Alright me and Anya will see you on the weekend.” then he turns to Willow, “Want a ride back to the dorm Will’s?”


“Yes please.” She tells him.


“See you later G-man.”


“Bye Giles.” Willow says.


Then the 3 young adults left Giles flat.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


*****Upstairs in Spikes room. *****


He gently lays her on the bed, and starts to unwrap her from his duster, while talking softly to her. “I love you, Slayer, I don’t know if you can hear me or even feel me, but I can feel you. Your still there, somewhere.” He continues to undress while he is talking. “Even if you never wake up, I won’t leave you, I never left Dru all alone, when she was weak and in the need of my help. You’re my Mate and that is all there needs to be.” By the time he is done talking, he has her undressed and covered in bed.


Then he undresses himself and climbs into bed beside her, pulling her close to him. His demon is in pain, because his Mate is in pain and the only thing that is keeping the demon in check right now is the contact he is able to have with her right now.
Chapter 7 by smlcspike
Author's Notes:
I am posting 2 chapters today this is the first. Thank you to spikes mrs for editting this. Again thank you for the reviews and again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mates Pain


AN: This is a very emotional chapter for Giles and Angel. Yes Angel is already in the hotel as it works better with this fic. Yes Faith is mentioned in this chapter, keep watch for later chapters then you will know why.


Chapter 7 The call to Angel


Giles found that he was reaching for a glass of Scotch to get his thoughts in order before calling Angel. Realizing that a hour has pasted since the children have gone and he is on his third glass of Scotch, and still hasn’t phoned Angel, he picks up his phone to dial the same number he called just over a week ago, to tell the Vampire with a soul that his grandechilde had Mated with the Slayer and he was not to interfere, now he found himself calling for help from the same Vampire.


“It’s just coming on dawn you better not be asleep.” Giles says as he hears the ringing of the phone, and waits for it to be answered.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


As Angel starts his go up the stairs to his room on the top floor, he hears the phone ringing, knowing that it will be a couple hours before either Cordelia or Wesley will be in, he goes back to answer it. “Angel Investigations, Angel speaking, how may I help you?” Angel says sitting down at the welcome desk so he can take notes of what he needs too.


“Hello Angel, its Rupert Giles, I am so glad I was able to catch you before you went to sleep for the day.” Giles says into the phone.


Curious on why Giles would be calling him at this time of day, he asks “What can I help you with, Giles.” Still not all that happy that Giles won’t let him interfere in Buffy and Spikes mating.


“Actually I am calling for, Spike…” Giles starts but is interrupted by Angel in an angry outburst. “If Spike wants something, he can call me himself.”


“Do shut up Angel,“ Giles says as he gets mad at Angel for interrupting . “I told Spike I would call, so he could deal with helping Buffy.”


Knowing that most Vampires don’t intentionally hurt their Mate, Angel starts to wonder. “Giles if he is dealing with Buffy what happened?” Also knowing he would be in his car come sundown to deal with his arrogant grandechilde.


“You have to understand Angel this is still really hard for me, and I do know what you are thinking but Spike was not the one that hurt Buffy.” Giles stressed before he continued, “Nor did he have anything to do with it, we spent most of the day trying to keep him indoors so he would not go out and get himself dusted by trying to get to her. Anya ended up raiding my medicine cabinet and giving him a mixture of Valuim and blood, just to calm him down.”


Angel didn’t say anything, when Giles took the pause to collect himself, before continuing in a voice very unlike Giles.

“You see yesterday morning, Buffy went back to, the dorm room she shares with Willow to get something between classes, we are assuming from what she said to Willow and what Spike was able to tell from the link they currently share what was going on, but since we are not able to talk to her we are quite unsure.”


Giles pauses again to collect himself and Angel decided he better steels himself for some bad news.


“It seems that Riley, someone she started seeing shortly after college started, and recently broke up with due to the Mating that took place during the spell. Well we are not sure, Spike said they were arguing and then all of a sudden she was unconscious, we believe that during this argument that he managed to get close to Buffy and used a tazor on her to knock her out. He then proceeded to take her back to his dorm room and handcuff her to his bed.”


For a couple minutes he heard tears in Giles voice, before he said what Angel was starting to think.


“Where he repeatedly raped her, while he kept her knocked out, by using his tazor on her. Spike was able to feel everything being done to her, and she wasn’t able to regain consciousness until later in the afternoon. Once she awoke, she was able to use her link with Spike to tell him where she was, so we went to rescue her, once we were in the dorm house that Riley lives in, we instructed her to let him know she was a wake and try and knock him out, as she said he was about to rape her again. When she screamed and broke the handcuffs because he was already on her, he was able to get her back down and he took the tazor and placed it on the back of her neck and pushed the button and held it there. Currently we don’t know if she will ever wake up.”


When Giles paused again, crying, Angel asks. “Do you want me to come to Sunnydale?”


“Actually that is the main reason why I am calling, I don’t want you to come here, because of what Riley does, and it’s not safe here for Buffy, Spike or really any of us right now. Spike is your family and because he is Mated to Buffy that makes her your family, he can not protect Buffy when he can’t fight with the chip in his head. I am quite sure they will either try to recapture him or both of them, we could all use the Sanctuary you can offer them, and was hoping it was ok if we came down there at sundown this evening.” Giles tells him.


Without thinking, Angel replies, “Of course Giles, just to make it clear I am doing this for Buffy, not for Spike. What do you mean the chip and who else is coming?”


“I understand, I don’t think Spike is expecting you to do it for him, in fact I bet he likes the idea just as much as you are right now. When I suggested it to him I used Buffy’s safety to get him to say yes to it. Tonight I will be driving Buffy, Spike, and Willow. Since Riley knows all of us I suggested that Xander and Anya come up when ever he is not working and he is going to tell Joyce, when she gets home tomorrow afternoon. As for the chip, it’s a long story and I would really like to not get into it now as I would really like some sleep so I can be there if Spike needs any help with Buffy.”


“Right I will get the rooms ready and see you sometime this evening.” Angel says before hanging up his phone. He just sits there for a few minutes before writing a note to Wesley and Cordelia, also thinking of all the help that his little Vampire family will need, hoping he won’t need to find Dru to come help as well. Then he gets up and goes to his room not sure how or if he will get to sleep.

_____________________________________________________________________________________


After Giles hangs up from Angel he climbs the stairs and looks in on Buffy. Sensing Giles at the door, Spike says to him. “No change, Watcher, I assume Peaches said yes.”


“Yes, I am just going to go to bed to try and get some sleep, I suggest you try as well. If you need anything just let me know.” Giles says as he leaves the room.


“I’ll try don’t exactly know if the demon will allow me that, thought, It needs to watch over it‘s mate.” Spike tells him, as Giles leaves to go to his room.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


While the scoobies are trying to forget the horror of the day before and what happened to their friend, an Agent who works for the Initiative is busy scurrying the halls of Sunnydale General, trying to find out anything he can on Buffy Summers and the Slayer from the night before.


____________________________________________________________________________________


An hour later the same agent is making his way back to his boss’s office at the Initiative to go over his findings with her.”


After hearing the knock on the door she says, “Come in.”


Once she hears the door open behind her, she says to him. “Well what do you have for me?”


“Miss Summers was definitely at the hospital, she was seen by a Doctor Goodman. I further investigated the situation and found that they are keeping her heavily guarded in the basement. She happens to be in a coma.” The agent tells her.


“So she is in a coma, then that would work out nicely.” Maggie tells him.


“How so? Ma’am”


“The longer she is out the longer it will take for her to talk, if the authorities were involved. I want you to go every morning and check out the situation.”


“You may go now; I have class to teach in a few minutes, I will meet with you later.”


“Yes Ma’am,“ The agent says as he is leaving the office.


20 minutes later Professor Walsh is entering her pych 101 class, in which both Willow and Buffy are students in. She immediately to notice that neither girl was in class that day.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


As morning turned into afternoon, Willow, Anya, and Xander made their way to the ex-Watchers flat.


Entering the flat Xander asks. “So how is the Buffster today?”


“I’m afraid there has been, no change.” Giles replies.


“Is that good or bad?” Willow asks.


“Because she is Eternal, I couldn’t tell you. I did take Spike up some blood to drink, but he couldn’t tell me much either.


“Do you think I could see her?” Willow asks.


“I believe that Spike might let you sit in the room with them for a bit, then if maybe Xander could take you to pack some of Buffy favourite things.”


Willow nods at him, holding up a bag, “I already packed some of her things, I made a point to pack Mr. Gordo as well.”


“Very good, I called Angel and he is expecting us after sundown, so I guess the only thing left to do is to start researching and plan for these next few hours.” Giles tells them.
Chapter 8 by smlcspike
Author's Notes:
2nd of 2 today, sorry for the lack of spuffy. Again thans to spikes mrs for editting it and I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mates Pain


Chapter 8 LA team and Riley


That afternoon Angel is descending the stairs into the lobby of the Hotel, he owns. “I thought I left a note to be woken up, when you got in?” Angel asks as he crosses the lobby to sit down in a chair behind the desk.


“Yeah, well has anyone ever told you, that you sleep like the dead?” Cordelia asked with a dumb expression on her face.


“That could be because I am dead.” Angel argues back to her.


“Guys,” Wesley says trying to break into their argument. “No arguing, now Angel left us a note so why don’t we find out what it is about.” Wesley suggests, waiting patiently for them to stop to find out what was going on.


“I received a call from Rupert Giles early this morning, seems he spent the night with Buffy in the hospital, so I immediately assumed Spike did something to her. Giles then explained what happened to me, and let’s just say it is not good, and leave it at that.”


“There’s more isn’t there?” Wesley asks, knowing Angel knew the whole story.


“Yes there is more, Giles would not tell me everything, but he told me most of it, said he would tell more when they arrived tonight. So I will need 3 rooms ready for now, put Spike and Buffy’s by mine, I don’t know if he will want or need his Vampire family near, but I need to offer it just in case.” Angel tells them, not sure how far he really wants to go with Spike, but is willing to go for Buffy.


“I’ll get right on that, since we are slow anyways, and I am guessing Wesley will want to talk to you right now any how.” Cordelia says as she turns and leaves the lobby then goes up to get the rooms ready.


“How do you feel about everything involving Buffy and Spike?” Wesley asks.


“Honestly, I love Buffy and most likely always will, but when Spike devotes himself to someone he devotes his whole self. He’s actually always been devoted to her, there was a passion there when he was trying to kill her, and she had one towards him. I tried to tell myself that it was just the slayer, but it never came when she was fighting other vamps or even me. Spike took care of Dru for years; I know he will with Buffy as well, even if I don’t like it. He’s family and if what Giles hinted at is true they could very well be in danger.”


“Do you know everything that happened to her?” Wesley questioned him with concern in his voice.


“Giles told me most of it, even with it being very hard of him emotionally, he also didn’t want to take much time on the phone in case Spike needed him, plus he also wanted to try and get some sleep.”


“It might help you, if you do tell me what has happened to her.” Wesley tells him.


“Your not going to let up until, I do tell you, are you?” Angel asks him.


“I know you Angel, if you could you would be in Sunnydale now, going to her rescue.” Wesley informs him.


“Why?, She’s Spikes worry now, not mine.” Angel points out to Wesley, but not meaning it with the tone he used.


“You don’t mean that and you know it, yes they are Mated, but that just adds her to your Order and it would be a cause to want to protect her, protect him.” Wesley points out, know what Angel is like.


“Alright fine, he didn’t call until the sun was rising, or I would have gone down there even if it was to make sure no danger did come to them.” Angel says with anger in his voice, “besides what is it with you Watchers today? Giles pointed out to me that Buffy was added to the Order and now you are; do you not think I don’t know that, I also know when a demon is hurting it needs comfort and the best comfort is from its Sire or maker depending on the kind of demon, I am hoping Spike won’t be that bad.”


“Now were getting somewhere, so can you at least give me the cliff notes version, of my past charge.” Wesley asks.


With a chuckle Angel says, “Cliff notes version, wish have had the cliff notes version, not even sure there is one. It’s bad Wes. She was taken after getting into some kind of fight with her ex-boyfriend, some how he had a tazor not sure why, but he managed to knock her out with it and then he took her back to his room where he handcuffed her to the bed and proceeded to rape her all day, while continuing to keep her knocked out. She has been unconscious since they found her and rescued her.” Angel tells him, trying to keep the anger out of his voice.


“Thank you, I think you needed to get that out, and I know I sure needed to hear it, even though we didn’t get along I really do like Buffy Summers.” Wesley told him.


“I am going to go and prepare for tonight, I am not sure what it is going to be like.” Angel says as he starts to make his way out of the lobby, and up the stairs.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Back in the Initiative


After Maggie Walsh finished teaching for the day, she made her way to the holding room, where she put Riley, to find Graham and Forrest are with him.


Seeing he is not alone she asked, “Would you mind giving Riley and me a minute.”


“Yes ma’am.” Forrest and Graham say getting up to leave and closing the door behind them.


“So I sent an Agent to the hospital to investigate this mess you have made for yourself.” She says after the others are out of the room. “It would appear the Miss Summers is in a coma and heavily guarded in the basement of the hospital. I also had someone from the local Police department come and want to question you, I informed him that you are a solider of the US military and since it happened on military property they had to go through the proper channels.”


“Thank you ma’am, I still don’t understand what set me off like that, as soon as she mentioned the Initiative and her Mate, I just couldn’t think straight anymore. Riley tells her.


“You will be getting some testing done on yourself, just so you know, one does not do something like this and we pretend it never happened, are we clear.


“Yes ma’am” he said knowing she would want an answer.


“You also don’t need to worry about it to much, we as the Military will take care of it, just because she is the Slayer and we haven’t even proved that yet doesn’t mean she will win.”


“How could you say that, Professor Walsh I was in the wrong, and I abused my power?” Riley burst out.


“Agent Finn you haven’t done anything that others haven’t thought of or have done, and for that the military will protect you.”


“Thank you.” Riley tells her.


“Now what have, you done all day because there is a demon that needs tracking later tonight, not a capture but tracking, if you are in your fatigues and mask no one should recognize you and you will be staying away from Buffy Summers friends and family?” She informed him.


“Yes ma’am I can do that, who will be going with me?” Riley asks.


“Usual teams, now I will send someone with something for you to eat, is there anything else you will need?” She asks opening the door to the room and getting ready to leave.


“No ma’am I should be fine thank you for letting me go on the mission.”


“I’m not about to lose my best Agent now, I’ll see you later.” She says as she leaves the room.


AN: Sorry for the lack of Spuffy, but I realized I needed to deal with Riley and the LA crew. Note we will not be seeing too much of what is happening with Riley.
Chapter 9 by smlcspike
Author's Notes:
Thank again for all the reviews, sorry should have warned that it was going to have 2 chapters up at a time, this week I am only doing one, I believe it will flow better if I wait and do 2 chapters next week. Again thanks to the lovely spikes mrs for looking them all over for me. Again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mates Pain


Chapter 9 They leave for LA


About and hour before sun down Giles goes back up stairs to, check on Buffy and talk with Spike.


“Have you come to tell me, we are going to be leaving soon? Spike asks as Giles quietly enters the room.


“Actually yes I was,” Giles answered him, with a look of confusion on his face, “How did you know that I was going to be saying we were leaving soon?” Then he remembers that Spike can sense the night coming as well as when dawn will arrive. “Did you want me to get Willow to come up and sit with her while you pack up your stuff?” Giles asks


“Vampire here,” Spike tells him even if he feels the Watcher ha already worked it out. “My senses tell me when the sun is about to set and as for packing no I did it when you were asleep and knew that Buffy was asleep and resting comfortably, I could use Willow to bring her up some pj’s though as all she has is what the doctor gave her to wear home last night. I will be wrapping her in my duster again but she needs other clothes too.” Spike tells him.


“Right, before I actually go and get Willow, can I ask you if there has been any change in her?”


“Of course you can, you are like a father to her, she sees you as a father figure and the demon respects family. About a hour ago she started to make a soft whimpering sound, its not loud enough for you to hear, if my vamp hearing wasn’t in effect then I would not be able to hear it.”


“Thank you, I’ll just go and get Willow for you, and get her to bring up some of Buffy’s clothes so you can get her dressed.”


_____________________________________________________________________________________


10 minutes later, Willow is going up to see Spike and Buffy to give him some clothes to put on Buffy, with a bag of Buffy’s clothes in her hand she enters the room that Spike is staying in.


“I wasn’t sure what you wanted and didn’t really think you or Buffy would want Xander and Giles seeing her private attire.” Willow tells him, holding up a bag of Buffy’s stuff.


“No that is one thing they do not need to look at, Thanks Red, I just want to put her in some nice and warm pj’s; she is injured down there so the knickers she normally wears would only make it worse.” Spike tells her.


“Oh I thought of that as well she has some that she only wears at that time of the month, they are bikinis not thongs.” Willow tells him as she pulls them out of the bag.


“I’m not really sure how anything would feel down there against all the bruises and scrapes.” Spike assesses


“I never thought of that.” Willow says as she takes out Buffy’s yummy sushi pj’s and puts the panties back, “they are the softest pair I can think of that she has.”


“Just leave them on the foot of the bed and I will get up and get them in a few minutes. I am kind of a little under dressed to get them with you in the room.” Spike tells her, with a smirk.


Willow blushes beet red, as she takes the bag and goes to leave, “I’ll just go back down stairs and wait with the others.”


As she is about to walk out the door and shut it, Spike stops her by saying. “We’ll be down in a few minutes.”


“Alright I’ll tell Giles, is there anything you want me to take down for you?” She asks once she paused at the door.


“No I’ll be fine.” Spike tells her, so she continues to leave the room and close the door.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


After the door is closed, Spike quietly says to Buffy as he reaches for the pj’s Willow left on the end of the bed. “Well luv, I’m going to get you into some nice warm pj’s then I’m getting myself dressed. Your Watcher is going to take us to Peaches in LA so we can be safe.”


As Spike is dressing her Buffy starts to whimper a bit more at the movements he is causing.


“I wish I knew what you are trying to tell me, this whimpering is kind of hard on my ears at times, but please don’t stop doing it. It lets me know you are still with me.” He tells her, as he finishes dressing her.


Alright so now it’s just me that has to get dressed again and then I’ll wrap you back up in my duster.”


_____________________________________________________________________________________



20 minutes after Willow, left Spikes room, he comes down the stairs with Buffy wrapped in his duster in one arm, tucked securely to him and his bag in the other arm.


Sitting down on the couch he arranges Buffy on his lap and says to Giles, “All ready Watcher.”


“We will be leaving in just a few minutes, I am just finishing grabbing the rest of the blood for you, and Xander is finishing up the packing of the car.” Giles informs him from the kitchen.


“So what is Peaches going to do to me when, he sees me?” Spike asks as Giles makes his way back into the living room from getting the blood.


“I have informed him of the situation this morning, so hopefully he won’t cause much of a problem, but all I want is for you to worry about Buffy. I am sure that between Wesley and me we will be able to handle his whining, god knows we heard it enough times in the past.” Giles tells him.


“So he has Cordelia and Wesley working for him?” Willow asks.


“Apparently, must be some office with Cordelia’s lovely dove eyes she was making at Wesley all the time in Sunnydale and Wesley’s whining like a girl not to mention he did his thesis on Angelus, so he kept having trouble last year telling between Angel and Angelus.” Giles tells them.


Just then Xander walks back into Giles flat. “Cars all packed G-man all you have to do is get Buffy and Spike.” He says not even paying attention to who is in the room.


“Already done, Whelp.”

“I’ll take it the sun has set then?” Willow asks.


“About 5 minutes ago.” Xander tells her.


“Right then lets go.” Spike says getting up with Buffy in his arms and picking up his bag in the hand he has now freed after he gets her where he wants her.


Giles grabs the cooler and walks out the door after everyone is out, and locks it, the people going with Giles head to his car and the people going with Xander head to his car.


Before parting Xander says. “We’ll see everyone tomorrow” then he walks to his car with Anya.


_______________________________________________________________________________


Once they get to Giles car he unlocks it and then puts the cooler and Spikes bag in the trunk.

As Spike is getting in the car, Giles stops him. “Have you figured out how you can have the contact that is needed, but her safety as well?”

“Don’t worry Watcher, I will buckle her in and even buckle myself in, don’t want to be getting into anymore trouble if you happen to get pulled over.” Spike tells him.


“Very well,” Giles says as he climbs in the drivers’ seat, and Willow climbs in the passenger’s side, front seat. Spike gets Buffy in and belted before he get himself in. When he is ready he says “Alright Watcher, we’re ready.” with that he nestles Buffy into his side.
Chapter 10 by smlcspike
Author's Notes:
Thanks for all the reviews and thanks to spikes mrs for editting this for me. This this the first of 2 chapter posted today. Again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mates Pain


Chapter 10 They arrive in LA


About 2 and half hours later, they were pulling up in front of the Hyperion Hotel, where Angel is currently residing and running his business from, called Angel Investigations.


“Let’s go in and then we can come back down and get our stuff from the car, maybe someone will be able to help us.” Giles says, as he pulls into the empty parking space beside Angel’s car in the underground parking garage to the hotel.


Getting out of the car Willow notices the elevator, pointing to it asks “Should we take that or walk around to the front?”


“We will walk around to the front and then ask if we can use it for unloading the car.” Giles tells her as he shuts his car door.


“Right then, lets go don’t want the Slayer getting any colder than she might be getting.” Spike says as he starts to walk off, leaving Giles and Willow to follow him.


__________________________________________________________________________________



Once they reach the front of the hotel, Giles says to him. “It might be better if Willow and I go in first.”


“I think I need a smoke, before I go in and face him.” Giles didn’t need to ask who, him was, just acknowledges Spike with a nod, before asking. “Do you want me to take her in with me?”


“If it was just you or the Sunnydale crew, I would be okay with that, the demon sees you all as her family, but not knowing what the rest of them will do if you were to take her in, with you when you walked in. The demon might see rage when I go in and the chip in my head might not be able to stop me if someone is doing something to danger her.” Spike explains to him.


“I think you are right, it would most likely be best if you keep her with you. I know Angel would be right over to her and it is quite possibly Wesley as well.” Giles tells him.


“I won’t be long, she is asleep right now and I don’t want her getting to cold.” Spike tells him.


“She is asleep, how can you tell?” Giles asks with amazement in his voice.



“Vampire here, I can hear the difference in her heartbeat and her breaths. When you have been around as long as I have you learn to read peoples heartbeats they tell you a lot of information. You should go in now, I am sure that Peaches knows were here by now.” Spike tells him quickly, not really wanting to get into everything he can do as a vampire right now.


“Yes you are quite right, come on Willow shall we go in?” Giles asks her, as he starts to make his way to the door.


“Sure” she answers him as she walks up the rest of the steps to meet him.


__________________________________________________________________________________


Both Giles and Willow walk thru the front doors of the Hyperion hotel and immediately get ambushed by Angel.


“Where’s Buffy?”


“Outside with Spike, he’ll be in, in a couple of minutes. I do have to ask you to calm down though; according to Spike she is asleep.” Giles tells him.


“Asleep, you don’t seem to really believe she is asleep.” Angel questions, Giles statement.


“He says it is something to do with her heartbeat and her breathing, but she still hasn’t regained consciousness” Giles tells him, as if to defend himself.


“Then why isn’t she still in the hospital, like Faith.” Wesley asks addressing everyone for the first time, just as Spike walks thru the door.


“Because, when the doctor addressed me as a Vampire, I explained to him what she is and then asked if he couldn’t help her to please release her to me. I think he thought I was actually going to turn her.” Spike says as he walks into the lobby and sits on the circular couch in the room, with Giles on one side of him and Willow on the other protecting Buffy from the others in the room.


The LA gang just stands there at Spikes entrance with Buffy unsure of what they should do, until Angel quietly says to Cordelia, “Get me some blood.” It isn’t a request it is an order, she walks off acknowledging him, he then turns to Gunn just a quiet. “Don’t you have a case to be working on?”


“I’ll just be going then.” Gunn says before he leaves.


__________________________________________________________________________________


Cordelia comes back into the lobby and puts a mug of warm blood on the counter, and sits down in a chair behind it. Angel walks over to the mug and picks it up, as he starts to go over to Spike.


Since Buffy has now woken up and started the quiet whimpers again, Spikes focus is on Buffy, so he almost misses Angel moving closer to him. He lets out a warning growl to halt Angel’s advancement and then waits for Angel to stop moving before he turns his attention back to his mate.


Putting the mug on the floor, Angel lets out a growl as well, Spike automatically acknowledges Angels growl by looking back up at him.


Angel starts talking to him in a voice you would use when talking to a young child. “William I am not going to hurt her, this is for you.” Indicating to the mug he has set on the floor, which he then slow lifts it to move forward too give it too him. As he gets up closer to Spike he says, “Let me see her and you take this.”


Spike moves his gaze from Angel to Buffy and then back to Angel before reaching out and taking the mug from Angel. He quickly drains it and then hands it back to Angel before looking back at Buffy.


“That’s right William, now open your duster and let me see Buffy.”


Addressing Buffy softly Spike says to her. “Angel is here now, luv, we need to let him see you. I hope that is okay.” and then he opens his duster up for Angel to see her.


Looking down at Buffy, Angel says as he addresses Spike, and not speaking like he is talking to a child anymore, since Spike has let him advance and done what he asked. “Where is she hurt William, I don’t see an injury.”


Spike then sits her up cradling her to his chest, with her back facing Angel and Wesley. Gently he then moves her hair to the side to show behind her ear, he then pushes the collar down so Angel can see the marks, on her neck.


Wesley lets out a gasp and starts to advance towards Buffy and Spike. Right away Spike pulls Buffy to him and turns her protecting, her from Wesley as he growls at him.


Knowing right away who was being growled at and why, Angel says. “Stay there Wesley and don’t move.”


Giles puts his hand on Spike’s arm to reassure him and when the growling stops as Spike turns to look at him, he says to Spike. “It’s alright, that is Wesley, Buffy would be fine with him seeing her, and he won’t hurt her. He just wants to look he won’t touch her I promise.”


Spike turns to look back at Wesley as he lets his demon come to the front, again Angel orders Wesley not to move when he sees what Spike is doing. “Don’t move a muscle Wes, try not to even blink, he needs to let his demon decide if you are safe or not before he lets you near her. If he knew you it would be a different story.” Angel tells him.


“So if I want to go near Buffy, he’s going to have to do that to me as well, just so he won’t growl. Let me tell you it is way wiggy.” Cordelia tells him.


Angel goes to respond to her, but Spike beats him to it. “I’ll always watch you around her cheerleader, it’s the nature of the demon, when she is wakes up from this, my demon won’t be so protective with people around her.” He tells Cordelia before looking back a Wesley, “So you were her Watcher for a while, I’ve heard your name mentioned.”


“I can honestly say I know all about you, but you don’t seem to be anything like the books say.” Wesley tells him.


“We can chat after the Slayer gets better, but I always take care of the ones I love.”


Before anyone can respond to what he has just said Spike continues to say, “Slayers asleep again, might be nice for her to have a bed.”


“Why don’t you take Willow and show her where her room will be and I will take Mr. Giles and then I will help him unload the car.” Wesley suggests to Cordelia.


“I’ll show you where you will be staying in just a moment; I want to talk to you alone for a minute first.” Angel tells Spike as the others start to leave the lobby.


“I’m not handing her off to just anyone.” Spike simply states.


“I’m not asking you too, Willow and Giles will go with Cordelia and Wesley and you and Buffy will stay with me for a couple of minutes.” Angel tells him.


Everyone leaves the room, but Buffy, Spike and Angel.
Chapter 11 by smlcspike
Author's Notes:
This is the 2nd of a double post this week, thanks again to spikes mrs for editting. And again thanks for all the reiveiws
Mates Pain


AN: Warning there will be male on male contact as well as to 2 naked men to one girl sharing the same bed, Angel and Spike do give each other a quick kiss that is the extent of it.


Chapter 11 first night in LA


Once everyone has gone from the room or far enough way from Spike, Angel gets up from his still crouching position in front of Spike, to sit beside him before addressing why he wants to talk to Spike. “You need my help.” Angel continues on before Spike can open his mouth to say anything. “Your demon is hurting, and don’t try telling me its not, your Mate is injured. You felt everything that happened to her, you can’t comfort her properly because, we don’t know why she isn’t awake, or what kind of damage was done. I’ve never taken a Mate, but I do have a childe, the only difference is a Mate is equal; a childe is only as equal you make them.” Angel tells him.


“I wasn’t sired yesterday you git.” Spike says angrily


“I know, you are a Master Vampire, you are also really caring and have a lot of compassion, all the things Angelus doesn’t have. You took care of Dru for over 100 years and you are willing to do that with Buffy now too. Now when I had Cordelia get the rooms ready, I asked her to prepare one for you by mine. It is across the hall from mine, right now for tonight I want you to allow me to comfort your demon while you comfort your Mate. You can either sleep in my room or the one across the hall. It is entirely up to you.” Angel tells him.


“Do you think we could pick a room, where we could go and talk without other ears hearing?” Spike asks, a little unsure if he wants Buffy‘s Watcher and friend to hear him say he does need help.


“Let’s go to my room then.” Angel says to him.


__________________________________________________________________________________


Spike rearranges Buffy in his arms before standing and following Angel up the stairs to Angel’s room. Once in Angel’s room, Spike lays her on the bed and covers her back up with his duster, wanting her to get as much of his scent that she can since she is laying, on Angels bed. Then he sits down beside her and slips off this boots so he can put his feet up on the bed and his arm around her.


Angel goes to sit in a chair by the bed, when there is a knock at the door. Looking at Spike first, Angel calls out “Come in.”


Wesley walks into Angel’s room. “Sorry to bother you, I know you said that you needed some alone time with them, but we were just wondering where to put Buffy and Spikes stuff?” Wesley asks Angel.


“The room across the hall is allotted to them.” Angel tells him.


“Alight I will be off after I help Mr. Giles unload the car, but I do believe that both he and Willow would like to say good night to Buffy and Spike.” Wesley tells them.


“Can you give us about 15 minutes, if we are not here, we will be across the hall?” Angel tells him.


“No we will be across the hall, I think Peaches will see it my way as well.” Spike tells Wesley.


“Okay I’ll see you tomorrow,” Wesley says as he goes to leave the room.


Before he leaves Angel calls out to him, “Oh Wes can you send Cordy home as well.”


Nodding he leaves the room and closes the door behind him.


__________________________________________________________________________________


“Alright you’ve wanted to say something, and then you go and tell a staff member of mine that you will be across that hall.” Angel tells him.


Letting some anger come out Spike says, “That’s right, you git, your really not thinking, yes my demon is in pain right now, do you know how hard it is to not be able to make the connection you do with your Mate? Yes the Mating is still new and fresh, if I had my way she wouldn’t have gone to college for at least another week, but she needs a life. Because of a spell I ended up turning her Eternal, I have bound her to me, and by doing that….” Spike pauses for a minute before continuing. “Let’s be honest if it wasn’t for my Mating with her, this would have never happened, she would not have gotten hurt, but then she also would most likely be almost dead if she wasn’t Eternal now.”


Angel is totally taken a back by everything that Spike has just unloaded on him, considering they never have had a good relationship, in the past.


As Spike continues. “That said my demon needs its, Mate as much as it needs family right now, but not here. We don’t know what she has knowledge of or feels, but she was raped by a man. One thing I do know is she has heightened senses, her sense of smell is almost as good as mine, if she isn’t able to pick up that it is your scent, she will most definitely pick up that it is male. Currently she is asleep, but I suggest we get her out of here and across the hall so she can feel safe.”


“I wasn’t thinking of that, but who says she doesn’t remember me, after all she was with me longer than you. She knows I would never hurt her.” Angel clearly states to him.


“You wouldn’t but, Angelus has the same scent as you and she remembers him like it is yesterday.” Spike tells him.



“You know if you don’t want my offer, just say so.” Angel tells him.


“Did you not listen to anything I said?” Spike asks a bit annoyed with Angel. “Yes I want it, am glad it is you offering and not Drusilla, I don’t want her here, and I am not sure how much help she would be. If we can relax my demon some, it might help Buffy.” Spike tells him.


“I’ll meet you in the room across the hall, as soon as I am done dealing with Gunn, He should be back anytime now. He is a good guy, try to let your demon relax around him, my whole staff has been warned about hurting you or Buffy. It’s only me and Wesley that know what happened.” Angel tells him.


Sitting up and putting his boots back on Spike says. “Slayer will appreciate it, now I better get her to our room, will you be joining us later?” Spike asks picking up Buffy so he can leave Angels room.


“Yes I will, I just have to meet with Gunn and handle some business, I shouldn’t be longer than an hour.”


“Might take that long to get rid of Red” Spike tells him as he starts to walk out of the room, but Angel stops him as he walks by. “Letting the demon out isn’t always an easy thing for me to do.”


“I know.” Spike tells him as he walks by Angel and out the door to the room.


__________________________________________________________________________________


An hour later Angel walks into the room that Buffy and Spike are staying in and closes the door behind him, locking it. As he starts to move closer to the bed, Spike lifts his head watching him.


“Why are you side by side?” Angel asks as he undresses himself.


“Don’t want to hurt her.”

“You’re not going to hurt her, if Buffy was awake right now she would be cuddled up to your side, half draped on top of you, wouldn’t she?” Angel asks knowing that Buffy likes the lack of heartbeat.


“Yes”


“Then hold her that way, if there is one thing I know it is she likes the lack of heartbeat, so arrange her the way she likes sleeping on you. Angel tells him as he finishes undoing his shirt.


Spike rearranges Buffy the way Angel told him.


“It’s not too much to assume you are both naked under there?” Angel asks as he removes his shirt.


“Skin on skin contact, it’s the only way to pacify the demon.” Spike tells him honestly.


Angel finishes undressing and climbs in behind Buffy, he then leans up and kisses Spike on the lips. “I’ll try not to let her feel my erection.”


“Thank you” Spike says as he gives Angel a quick kiss as well.


“Anything you need….” Angel trails off as he lies down and puts one arm under both Buffy and Spike and the other arm on top of them to rest on Spikes hip.


__________________________________________________________________________________


Sometime during the night, Buffy starts to whimper again, as Spike is trying to soothe her, Angel takes Spikes hand and puts it just about her hip.

__________________________________________________________________________________


The next morning Angel slides out of bed, trying not to wake Buffy or Spike, but as he is getting dressed Spike lifts his head and says, “Thanks I needed that, wasn’t able to sleep the first day after we brought her home, that was the first time I’ve slept since it happened.”


“I’ll check on you later, Giles said that Xander, Anya and most likely Joyce will be coming today. Why don’t you get some more rest, before Joyce comes, and I will send someone up with some blood for you later?”


“I’m going to have to bath or shower her and myself later.” Spike tells Angel.


“Do you want Willow to help you with bathing her?” Angel asks already aware of what Spike’s answer will be.


“Did Dru all by myself, think I can handle Buffy.” Spike tells him.


“Alright if you need anything just press #1 on the phone, it will ring in both the lobby and my office.” Angel says to Spike, as he turns to leave the room.


“I am sure one of them will be turned into research central by Rupert.” Spike tells Angel.


“I plan on giving him my office, now you worry just about Buffy, nothing else.” Angel tells him as he leaves the room.
Chapter 12 by smlcspike
Author's Notes:
Thanks again for all the reviews and to spikes mrs for editting this for me.
Mates Pain


Chapter 12 Spike prepares Buffy for Joyce’s arrival


The afternoon after Buffy and Spike had gone to LA with Giles and Willow, Xander was walking up the front walk on Revello drive to knock on Joyce’s door.


Hearing a knock, on the door, Joyce gets up and goes to answer it. “Hello Xander, Buffy isn’t here right now, in fact she should be at the dorm or in class.”


“Actually that is why I am here, Giles asked me to come and see you today.” Xander pauses before asking. “May I come in?”


“Oh, yes sorry about that, please come in.” Joyce says as she moves aside, to let him enter the house.


“I am assuming if Giles asked you to come he is otherwise occupied?” Joyce asks wondering what is going on.


“Yes he took, Buffy, Willow and Spike to Angel’s last night, he is expecting you to go with me and Anya tonight.” Xander says her, really hoping she won’t ask too many questions.


“I just got home why would, I want to go and interrupt Buffy’s Slayer business?” Joyce asks him, trying to figure out what is going on.


Xander tells her, “She is not there on Slayer business she has been injured and Giles took her there for, her safety.”


Starting with her worrying Joyce asks after hearing her only daughter is injured. “What time are you leaving at?”


“What time can you be ready at, I called in saying there was a family emergency and I need the rest of the week off.” Xander tells her.


Thinking she says to him, “I just put my laundry in the dryer, is there anything that Buffy needs?”


“I don’t know what Willow, packed for her, but if you can think of anything, which she might like from here as long is it won’t harm Spike it should be fine.”


“I take it that William is helping Giles care for my daughter?” Joyce questioned with out concern for Buffy.


“He is the strongest person at times, to be there for her.” Xander says thinking to himself, I won’t tell her the real reason that Spike is taking care of Buffy that can be Giles job.


“2 hours, I can be ready in 2 hours. It will take about an hour for the dryer, and then I will have to repack. Would you and Anya like to come for Supper before we leave?” Joyce asks.


“That would be nice, Mrs. Summers.”


“I’ll see you back here at 5pm then, I must go and call my boss Richard to tell him I won’t be in at the gallery for at least another week.”


“No problem, I will see you later.” Xander says as he gets up and leaves her house.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


*****Later that night in LA. *****


“Well luv, its time to get us all cleaned up, I would imagine the Whelp has already gotten your Mum and is on the way here, by now.” Spike tells her as he slides himself off the bed and gets ready to pick her up. Once he has her in his arms, he then walks over to the bathroom with her, and closes the door.


After laying Buffy on the carpeted floor beside him, he sits on the edge of the tub, and reaches in to place to stopper in the drain; he then starts the water and makes sure it is at the desired temperature, that he wants it at.


He then takes Buffy back in his arms and runs his wet finger over her cheek when she starts to quiet down some. “No stay awake, this is going to make you feel so good; hopefully you will even open those pretty green eyes for me.” Then he reaches back into the tub and turns the water off.


After turning off the water, he slides the both of them in the tub and places Buffy against his chest, so he can wash her.


As he starts to wash her, she starts to make a very quiet mewling sound, almost like a kittens meowing.


“You sound like a kitten, sweetheart, I told you, you would love this.” He says as he leans forward and kisses her forehead.


After a few minutes of running the wash cloth over her, he lays her down against his thighs and wets her hair, he then runs his fingers through it a couple times and lifts her up a bit to apply some shampoo and massage it into her scalp. Once he is done he gently lowers her into the water and washes it out. Then he lifts her out of the tub and wraps her in some warm fluffy towels.


“I’ll just be a minute,” he says as he places her on the floor and wraps her in a second towel. He then steps back in the tub and pulls the plug turning on the shower, he quickly washes his hair, paying not much attention to the water temperature, since it doesn’t bother him anyway, he gets out, dries himself off and picks Buffy up to carry her into the room again.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


10 minutes later they are back in their room, both fully dressed and Spike is currently doing Buffy’s hair. As he is gently brushing out the tangles in her hair he hears a faint knock at the door. “Come in.” He calls out not stopping what he is doing, knowing that his demon would not have a problem with whoever is at the door, because Angel would not send Gunn up yet, since he didn’t know him.


Willow, shyly walks into the room.


“You know I won’t bite Red.” Spike says with a smirk as she walks into the room a little bit further.


“You’re forgetting I was the one you tried to bite, when you broke out.” Willow tells him with a small smile on her face, at his comment.


“Right then you know I can’t hurt you, so when are you going to give up that fear you have when ever I am around?”


“I am trying not to be, but the bottle in the face as well of other things keeps it there.” Willow tells him.


“I guess not, so what did you want, I am thinking you a’re here for a reason and I am currently trying to get the Slayer ready, since I reckon her Mum will be here soon.”


“Actually that is why I am here, Giles says that Xander called and told him they were about an hour away. Giles wanted me to see if you need any help giving her a bath, but I can see you have already done that, so I will just be going.” Willow tells him as she turns around to leave.


“You know you don’t have to go Red, but you could do me a favour.” Spike calls out to halt her from leaving.


“So what do you want me to do? Spike.” Willow asks stopping where she is.


“The Slayer liked her bath, and I need to speak to the Watcher about it before, Joyce gets here.”


“Would you like me to go get him?” She asks, happy to be able to help.


“Yes please.”


“I won’t be long,” She says as she leaves the room and goes down to the lobby to find Giles.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Once in the lobby, Willow sees that Giles is in the office talking to Wesley and Angel, so she goes over to where the office is and enters it quietly not wanting to interrupt what they are talking about.


Seeing Willow enter the office, Giles asks her, “What is the matter, my dear girl.”


“Spike would like to see you, he said Buffy liked the bath and he needs to speak to you about it.”


“How would he know she liked the bath, when she still has yet to wake up?” Wesley asks, still trying to figure it all out.


Giles informs Wesley, “Spike is very in tune to her, and actually he has always been that way with her, even when he was trying to kill her. Also he has commented that she is making a noise when she is awake.”


Angel informs them, “She is, it’s almost as if she is trying to communicate with him. As for being in tune with her, he has never taken it upon himself to study someone as much as he has studied her. To be honest it is a good thing, other wise she would be dead by now.”


“You are most likely right.” Giles agrees with him.


“We should go see what this is about.” Angel says as he starts to leave the office.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Giles and Wesley follow, Angel out of the office and up to Buffy and Spike’s room. As they enter the room Spike says to them. “Was starting to think you weren’t bleedin’ coming.”


“Sorry we had to deal with something first, so Willow said she liked her bath.” Giles explains to him, before questioning the reason on why Willow said Spike wished to see him.


“Yeah she did, instead of her soft whimpers, like she has been doing; she started making a soft mewling sound, almost like a kitten.” Spike tells them.


“Then maybe we should put her in water more often.” Giles suggested to Spike.


“Was thinking that actually, I was going to ask to see Angel too, but he is here. Was wondering if he knew if the hotel had a pool, hot tub or something like it.”


“Not that I know of, but I will see what we can do, might even be able to get a portable spa for her.” He tells Spike, wanting to help Buffy as much as he can.
Chapter 13 by smlcspike
Author's Notes:
Thanks to spikes mrs for editting this and thanks for all the reviews. Again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mates Pain


Chapter 13 Joyce arrives in LA, and Spike breaks down


*****Later that night Joyce arrives at the hotel with Xander and Anya.*****


Xander walks in and sits down next to Willow in the lobby, before asking “How is Buffy?”


“No change.” Willow informs him quietly.


“This can’t be good, Wills it has been almost 4 days that is like half a week.” Xander says to her, concern clearly in his voice.


“On a normal human, no but Buffy is Eternal now, she could stay like this for quite a while, and then all of a sudden, she wakes up.” Anya informs them as she sits down next to Xander.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


When Giles hears what the children are talking about, he comes out of the office and goes up to Joyce. “Hello Joyce, if you will follow me, I would like to talk to you first before you go and see, Buffy.” He then turns and goes back into the office with Joyce in tow.


Once in the office, Joyce asks him with anger present in her voice. “Would you like to tell me what is wrong with my daughter, and why she has Spike taking care of her?”


“Joyce maybe you should calm down and let me explain what is going on.” Giles suggests to her.


“I think that would be a good idea.” She says as she takes as seat.


“I’ll just go tell Spike that Buffy’s Mother is here.” Angel says as he leaves the office.


“I hope you don’t get any ideas, to get back together with her, honestly Spike is the better Vampire for the job.” She tells Angel, as he starts to leave the office.


“No Mrs. Summer, I will not be getting back together, with Buffy.” Angel says as he leaves the office, with a shake of his head.


“Joyce, what makes you say that Spike, is the better Vampire for the job.” Giles asks, hoping she will be willing to understand the Mating between Buffy and Spike.


“Why he loves her, and if it was him dating her, I would not have put a stop to the relationship.” She simply tells Giles.


Giles lets out at sigh before continuing, “That makes what I have to tell you some what easier.” after a short pause he continues, to tell Joyce everything that has happened. “A couple of weeks ago, Willow did a spell; it caused me to go blind and Xander to become a demon magnet. She also said that Spike and Buffy should get married, now for them to truly get married it would be impossible, but if they did it in the demon community they could do it right away.”

“Are you telling me my daughter got married?”

“In a way yes, they are now Mates, to Mate it involves a ritual to be done with the exchange of bodily fluids and blood, and is not reversible. The only way out of being mated is to have and elder in his line claim her, which would involve a fight to death.” Giles explains to her.


After letting that sink in for a couple minutes he continues. “Spike when he found out what he did during the spell he felt bad and offered to let Angel take over the claim, but Buffy informed him it wouldn’t happen and Angel was informed as well. You see the spell between Buffy and Spike cause, Spike to do one of the two things that you do not ever do to a Slayer, either claim them as their mate or turn them into a vampire. Because of the claim Buffy is now Eternal, and I believe Spike is changing as well.”


“Good, I am glad Angel wasn’t allowed to take over, and it is not too much to assume they have been together sexually.” Joyce asks him.


“Like any newly married couple, very much. Buffy broke up with Riley as well and Spike has been talking about buying a house for them as well. I don’t think when she gets better, that he will be willing to leave her for a while.”


“You are most likely right, I won’t stop them from being together, he can even move into the house for a while, he seems to me like he is the protective type to the people he loves.” Joyce says to Giles.


“Yes I can see that, just by the way he has been caring for her.” Giles says before continuing with everything that has happened. “On Wednesday morning, Spike woke up panicked, it seems Buffy went back to her dorm room, between classes. Riley must have followed her, I don’t know everything, that took place and neither does Spike, but Riley somehow got a tazor and used it one her. He then took her back to his dorm room and chained her up, where he repeatedly raped her and tazored her, just before we got there she woke up and Spike instructed her to let him know where she was, by screaming. Buffy screamed and lunged up to try and knock him off of her. Somehow he managed to push her down, he grabbed the tazor and turned it up full blast and held it to the base of her neck. She hasn’t woken up since.”


By the time he was finished both he and Joyce had tears in their eyes.


Composing herself she says, “I think I would like to see my daughter and her Mate now.”


“Very well, we shall go see Buffy and Spike.” Giles tells her, as he realizes everything is going to be ok for both Buffy and Spike for right now, with Joyce here.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


*****Up in Spike and Buffy rooms.*****


While Joyce and Giles talk downstairs, Angel goes up and has a chat with Spike.


Hearing a knock on the door, Spike calls out. “Come in Peaches.”


Angel enters the room and goes to say something but Spike beats him to it. “What you think my senses are hiding, because of everyone being here, think again Angelus. They are more alert because of Buffy.”


“Actually I wasn’t going to say anything about that, I just wanted to let you know that Joyce is here and she is not exactly happy. She has already laid into me and Giles.”


“I don’t doubt that she will be mad, I’ll be lucky if she doesn’t stake me.” Spike tells him.


“I don’t know she has always had a liking for you, considering your first meeting was her hitting you over the head with an axe, while you were trying to bite her daughter.” Angel tells him.


“Yeah, I know just wait until she finds out that her 18 year old daughter is mated to a Vampire. I don’t expect her to be too Bloody kind.” Spike tells him.


“No most likely not.” Angel says before he notices how quiet Buffy is and the slower pace of her heartbeat. “Are you going to wake her, when her mother comes up?”


“Don’t know.” Spike tells him.


“I imagine Joyce will be in here for a while, so I’ll ask you now, where do you want me to sleep tonight, in here with you or in my own room?”

“Don’t know depends on how long Joyce stays and how everything, going on. Check back before you go to bed.” Spike informs him.


“Will do, I need to go and meet up with some of my staff and finish looking into the portable spa or hot tub for her.”


“Keep me informed about that.” Spike says as Angel goes to leave the room.


Sitting with his back against the headboard, he moves Buffy so her head is lying on his lap, stroking her hair with one hand he speaks to her quietly. “Don’t worry sweetheart, I won’t let anyone take you away from me.”


___________________________________________________________________________________


20 minutes later after entering Buffy and Spikes room Giles and Joyce find Buffy laying on Spikes lap and him gently stroking her hair with his hand.


Looking up as they enter, he simply states. “She likes her hair being petted.”


“Yes she has always like what you are doing.” Joyce tells him before turning to Giles, “Would you please leave, I would like to spend time with my daughter and her Mate.”


Giles nods and walks out of the room.


Looking up at her after Giles leaves the room, Spike tries to hold back the tears that he is on the verge of shedding and says. “I am so sorry Joyce.”


Walking over to him she sits down beside him and pulls him into her arms. “It’s alright William; everything is going to be okay.”


“I should have been there for her; if I had have been strong enough to fight the spell the Mating would never have taken place.” Spike tells her putting all the blame on himself.


“William look at me.” She says in a soft and quiet voice, waiting for him to look up at her before continuing she says. “One thing I can tell you Buffy is always worried about is dying again. From what I understand you saved her life, even if she didn’t break up with Riley he would have eventually done what he did to her.”


She pauses as she lets that sink in for him, and then she continues. “Rupert told me about everything, she still would have come face to face with him while fighting those voice stealing demons.”


“I guess you are right, Joyce.” He says as the tears continue to come down his face.


Pulling him back to her, she says. “This must be so hard for you; I don’t think anyone really thinks about how you are coping.”


“Rupert also told me you have been talking about getting a house for you and Buffy; I will not stop you from taking her. If she doesn’t want to go back to school I won’t make her go. But until you do get a house, I would like you to move in with me and Buffy. I am not mad at you Spike.”


“Thank you.” Spike says quietly.


“You’re welcome, now I think you should lie down and let a mother protect her daughter and what ever you are to me now.” Joyce tells him with a confused look on her face.


Spike chuckles. “You could say I’m your son in law, I’m sure most humans won’t understand what Mates actually are.” He says as he moves Buffy to lie down beside her.

“How do you want you’re… Can I say Wife, Mate just sounds so strange to me?” Joyce asks.


“When you are at home or around the others Wife will be fine, but she still has to be established as my Mate in the demon community.” Spike tells her.


“I understand.” Joyce replies.


Spike rolls on his side facing Buffy and Joyce, he then takes Buffy and puts her back to his chest, and his arm around her waist holding her. Joyce lies down and puts her arm around Buffy.

Both Mother and Vampire fall into a peaceful sleep, protecting their loved one between them.


______________________________________________________________________________________


Sometime during the night Joyce’s arm must have come up and round Spike as well, because that is how Angel sees them sometime later when he goes to check on Spike to see if he needs him again tonight.
Chapter 14 by smlcspike
Author's Notes:
THank for all the reviews and to Spikes mrs for editting this. Again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mates Pain


Chapter 14 They find away that might help Buffy


On the one week anniversary of Buffy’s attack, they still really haven’t seen any change in her condition. Other than the fact they she is continuing to get a little more vocal to Spike. Willow and Xander who have both taken an active roll in the researching, try and hide their worry.


What none of them knew is that Wesley had given up his research on the Eternal and started researching, demon mating a few days ago. All because of something Angel had said after the first night Buffy and Spike were here. Getting up from the table he closes his book and puts it away so no one knows what he is looking at. “I need to stretch and take a walk.” Trying not to let on that he wants to go and talk with Spike.


“Would you mind, taking some more blood up to Spike?” Angel asks, with his nose still in the book he is currently looking at.


Perfect Wesley thinks to himself, that just gave me away to talk to Spike, but instead he answers. “Sure, no problem at all.”

__________________________________________________________________________________


After heating some blood and making his way upstairs to Buffy and Spike’s room, he enters it after he hears the “Come in.” yelled from Spike after his knock on the door.


“Oh, so I see, it was you Watcher that got the job of help care for Spike today, since he is to busy to do it.” Spike says annoyed about it.


“No I really don’t think so; actually I was coming up here anyway. I told the others I needed to stretch and go for a walk.” Wesley tells him, as he put the mug of blood on the table and sits down in the chair beside the bed.


“So your being sly and sneaky got you the, you can care for Spike today duty.” Spike retorts back.


“I’m not caring for Spike; if I was caring for you then I would be bathing you, and doing everything you are doing for Buffy. I would rather call it helping out someone so they can continue to care for a loved one.” Wesley explains to him.


“I guess your right, so now that we’ve established you are not caring for me, and that you are trying to help me. What is with the bringing up the blood?” Spike asks as he reaches out to take it off the table.


“Tell me, do you plan on leaving her side at some point today to go down and get some?” Wesley asks already knowing the answer to his question.


“Nope, she is my main concern and I believe everyone knows that by now.” Spike informs him.


“That is exactly why we bring you up the blood; I need to ask you something anyway. Angel made a comment a few days ago so I stopped researching the Eternal and started looking at it, in different angles.” Wesley tells him to see how he will respond.


“And what would that be, Watcher.”


“I’ll tell you a little later, if you don’t mind there are some things I need to ask you first.” Wesley asks not sure on how Spike will respond.


“You can ask, but I can’t promise I will tell.” Spike clearly states.


“First I need to understand the Vampire connection, with Buffy you won’t leave her side, but did you not leave Drusilla’s side when she was ill to try and kill Buffy?”


“Two different situations Watcher, let me explain to you so, you can understand. 1st Dru is my Sire, I spent over 100 years with her, yes she was ill but she was never to the point where I had to take total care of her, so I could leave her with minions as long as it wasn’t longer that 2 to 3 hours. Dru’s biggest problem is she never wanted to feed and in her weakened state it made her weaker. Once she was healed the Slayer put me in a wheelchair, broke my back she did. Dru then tried to take care of me, as well as herself, which might have worked better if Angelus didn’t come back and take his childe away. After I got back to being able to walk again, Dru would have left me anyway, as much as I would like to say we were in love for over 100 years, I can see now it was just a Sire/Childe love that kept us together. Any sign of trouble and she was gone, told me I tasted like ashes and could see the Slayer all around me.” Spike tells him and gives Wesley a chance to let it sink in for a couple minutes before continuing .


“Now Buffy is my Mate, she is my equal to me. We are almost tied in strength, but I don’t think you need to ask who is stronger. The demon has always seen her as an equal even with her being human, well as human as a Slayer is. I need to care for her, she has yet to wake up, she wakes up to make whimpers and almost a purr sound more like a mewling sound, but not a conscious wake up. Until she wakes up and is able to fend for herself, my demon will not allow me to leave her side. Do you see the difference between the two, now?” Spike asks.


“That helped some, thank you for telling me. I hope you will be that honest with what else I have to ask.” Wesley tells him.


“I’ll try, if it will help her, I will try.” Spike tells him.


“That’s all I ask. Now I understand you and Buffy were under a spell when you Mated, I don’t have to ask if you, if you bit her because if you didn’t the Mating would not have happened, but did she bite you back?” Wesley asks.


“Yes she completed it.” Spike say as he moves his shirt aside to show her bite mark on him.


“If she claimed you back, have you been having regular blood exchanges?” Wesley then asks.


“At least twice a day, until this happened, Mating is still considered new?” Spike explains.


“Have you bitten her, like this?”


“Once, the night it happened, she seemed agitated in the middle of the night, well I guess day. After I did then she started with the whimpers. I never bit her again after that, I don’t want to hurt her and also haven’t told Rupert either.”


“When a human Mates with a demon of any kind, they do not normally have the same connection that 2 demons the same breed have, what kind of connection do you two have?” Wesley asks.


“Very strong, mental connection, she is able to send me pictures as well as communicate with me. I don’t understand why it is gone now.” Spike tells him a little concerned.


“Thank you for answering me honestly, I asked all of this because Angel commented that it was almost like she was trying to seek out her Mate.” Wesley says standing up.


“Actually now that you think of it, she is in a way, what do we do about it?” Spike asks after he thought about what Wesley just told him.


“I need to check out a couple of things and talk to Mr. Giles and Angel, and then I will talk to you.” Wesley tells him as he takes the now empty mug from Spike.


“You know, I will do what ever I have to, to make her well again.” Spike tells him.


“I know” Wesley says as he opens the door and leaves the room.

__________________________________________________________________________________


Entering the Lobby again, where everyone is deep in researching, Angel says to him. “I was starting to wonder if I had to send a search party out.”


“I was just asking Spike a couple of questions, could you meet me in the office in about 10 minutes, with Mr. Giles.” Wesley says gathering his stuff and going into the office.


__________________________________________________________________________________


10 minutes later Angel and Giles enter the office and sit down.


“What is it Wesley, did you find something?” Angel questions his employee.


“Maybe” Wesley tells them, “A couple of days ago I got frustrated on why we still couldn’t find anything to help her, something Angel said kept bothering me. He made this comment about how it seemed she was trying to seek her Mate. Now I believe you are right, in talking with Spike just now and what I have researched on Demon Mating.”


“But he’s been with her all along since we got her back.” Giles points out to Wesley.


“That might be true, but he told me, she didn’t start her whimpering until after he bit her, she seemed agitated so he tried to calm her with a bite.” Wesley tells Giles knowing he might pick up on it too, if Spike would have told him in the first place.


“How could I have been so stupid?” Giles asks.


“I’m not 100% sure, his blood would work; we still need to separated them to know for sure.” Wesley tells him.


“It will but, we need to get her agitated enough for her to take it the first time.” Angel tells them.


“How do you suggest we do that?” Giles asks Angel.

“Let me deal with it.” Angel tells him then continues. “Just keep everyone downstairs, for a while, if needs be a Sire’s commands always work, no matter how old the Vampire is.” He says as he leaves the office and heads up the stairs.
Chapter 15 by smlcspike
Author's Notes:
Thanks for the reviews and again thanks to spikes mrs for editting this for me. I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mate’s Pain


Chapter 15 Buffy makes some progress


Angel sits down in a chair after he enters Buffy and Spike’s room waiting for Spike to acknowledge him.


“You know I don’t have all day for you to tell me what’s on your mind.” Spike snaps at him.


“We might have found a way to bring Buffy back to all of us, but to be sure it might cause Buffy a little pain and quite possibly you as well.” Angel tells him.


“What do you have in mind?” Spike asks.


“Before I say too much, remember Sire commands still work on you.” Angel informs him.


“Bloody hell, Peaches, what is it I have to do, stake myself?” Spike asks.


“No, you need to separate from her for a few minutes; we need to establish if she is in fact seeking her mate. Right now she seems to be comforted enough with you just holding her, what we are hoping is if you go have a shower, or go for a walk or something, she won’t wake up but she might get agitated enough for her to have to use the telepathic connection with you.” Angel explains to him.


“So I go have a shower, then what? If she does what you want her to do then how do I calm her again?” Spike asks him, with worry clear in his voice.


“Don’t worry about that, I will help you, when it happens.” Angel says as if he knows it will happen.


“So you’ll be sitting with her, while I leave the room.” Spike asks to make sure she won’t be alone, his demon is mad that he has to leave her even for a few minutes.


“Unless you want Giles or someone else?” Angel asks.


“I’m not dressing if there is a problem, so you will have to do.” Spike tells him, “so when do you want to do it?” He then asks.


“When ever you are ready.” Angel tells him.


“She just went to sleep about 20 minutes ago, so maybe we should do it now.”


“So where are you going to go?” Angel asks him.


“I’m going to have a shower, as much as I enjoy taking the baths to wash the Slayer and all, I still enjoy showers too. Besides I won’t smell as fruity if I have a shower instead of the Bubble baths I’ve been giving her.” Spike tells him.


“Got that right even I don’t want to kiss you. Now you are stalling, just go.” Angel tells him.


Spike gets off the bed and turns around to lean down to give Buffy a kiss on the forehead, then says. “I’ll be back shortly; if you need me you know how to call me.” Then he gets up and goes over to Angel and fakes kissing him before going to the bathroom, to take his shower.

__________________________________________________________________________________


5 minutes after Spike left Buffy to start his shower, he starts to hear a dull whimper in his head. Thinking about what Angel has said, he says to himself, ‘it would be better to let her open the link a little more before I go running to her.’


The longer Spike is away from Buffy the more whimpering she would do, after listening to her whimper for 5 minutes straight, Angel starts to wonder if he should get Spike, when Spike come running out covered in a towel.

Climbing on the bed, he lets his towel fall as he lays down next to her, then he pulls Buffy into his arms, all the while gently cooing in her ear. “Shh! Its okay, I’m here now.” As he is talking to Buffy he starts to run his fingers down her check and across her closed lips.


“So I guess we know why she has been so quiet lately.” Angel says.


Spike didn’t respond to Angel, he just kept trying to calm her down.


“There is another thing to try, it won’t happen instantly, but within a few days she should recognize it.” Angel tells him.


“What would that be?” Spike asks wondering why he wasn’t told sooner.


“Your blood, I’m not a fool, I know both of you have been drinking from each other, each of you have the marks on you to prove it.”


“Yes she has and she likes it, but how do I know she will want it now?” Spike tells him, with concern he would be forcing his blood on her and her not wanting it.


“Use it as a comfort.” Angel tells him. “Not much just prick you finger and rub it on her lips, if that doesn’t work, give her a few drops right on her tongue.” Angel explains to him.


“Guess I will take you word for it.” Spike says as he pricks his finger with his fang.


After he pricks his finger, he lets his fangs reside back into his gums and sucks on the finger to get the blood flowing. After a minute or two he then removes it from his mouth and rubs it on Buffy’s closed lips.


After a couple minutes and he still is receiving no response from her, he gently eases her mouth open enough for him to slide his finger into her mouth, like he has been doing all week with water. He softly rubs the finger on her tongue then lets the blood drip onto it. Then he removes the finger and licks it sealed.


Angel and Spike are both sitting on the bed waiting to see what Buffy will do now that she has had Spike’s blood for the first time since she was hurt. After sitting quietly for a couple of minutes they notice that she has stopped the whimpering that she does and has started doing the kitten like mewling she does in the bath or when she likes something.


“You liked that didn’t you?” Spike questions her as he wipes the blood still on her lips off and then licks his finger clean. “You also found a way to open the link, when I wasn’t with you. That was such a great accomplishment for you today.” He says as he kisses her forehead.


Seeing how she reacted, Angel says. “I’ll just be going, but it might be a good idea for you to try that every couple of hours.” Angel suggests to Spike.


With a tone of anger to his voice Spike says. “If you think I am going to be leaving her every couple of hours you can start to rethink it.”


Know he has to defuse Spike he says, “No your blood, giving it to her every couple of hours, but it would also benefit her if you did leave her side for a few minutes a day.”


“That we can discuss later.” Spike says making it clear he is not talking about that.


“I figured that.” Angel says as he gets up and leaves the room.

__________________________________________________________________________________


Back down in the lobby where everyone else is.


Giles walks up to Angel when he sees him re-enter the lobby. “I am assuming you went to talk to Spike.”


With a sigh Angel says. “Yes, you and Wesley were right, when Spike left her side for a few minutes, after I informed him that Sire commands still worked on him. She managed to open up their telepathic link and she also started to get really agitated, but she never moved a muscle.”


“I do have a theory on that but would like to wait until she wakes to address it.” Giles informs the group.


“On a plus note, I had Spike prick his finger and give her some of his blood. She seemed to like it as she started to mewl like she does when she likes something. I suggested to Spike it might be good to give her some of his blood like that every couple of hours and I also told him he should leave her for a few minutes a day.”


“I take it he did not take the last part well.” Giles say knowing how protective Spike is of Buffy.


“No he didn’t take it well, just said it would be discussed at a later date.” Angel tells Giles already knowing that it will not be discussed again.


“I will talk to him later, after we do more research on demon Mating.” Giles tells everyone with a smile on his face, when the young people make a groan to complain.

__________________________________________________________________________________


3 days later, Giles brings some more blood, up to Spike and Buffy’s room.


Sensing someone at the door, Spike calls out “You might as well come in Watcher, have a seat and tell me what is on your mind.”


Giles enters the room and place the mug he is carrying beside Spike on the table and sit in the chair next to it.


Waiting for Giles to start, Spike takes the mug and quickly drains it and places it back down on the table. “She almost looks like she is trying to wake up,” Giles gets out as he looks at Buffy and not Spike.


Knowing how hard this is on Giles, Spike tells him. “Sometimes I think that as well, she started to touch my finger with her tongue a couple of times when I was dripping the blood on it the last time.”


“I take it she has never done this before.” Giles questions the new information he was just given.


“No she hasn’t.”


“I’ve been thinking she has been going without food for a week and a half now, if she doesn’t wake up soon I would like to start her on soft food, I was thinking of the jars you would give and infant learning to eat, but I would like her to have a little more tongue movement before we start that.” Giles tells him what is on his mind.


“Give me till Monday night, which is 2 days from now if she hasn’t woken up on Tuesday morning I will try to give it to her. I will get it in her somehow. Are you talking about the blueberry or strawberry stuff in the jars with babies on them?” Spike questions him.


“Yes, that would be best and I would imagine her tongue movement would have increased by then as well.”


“We can only hope, but she is getting some nourishment from my blood.” Spike informs him.


“Yes I am well aware of that,” Giles answers back as he starts to get up to leave. “It is getting late, so I will leave you be for now.”

“Night Watcher.”

__________________________________________________________________________________


True to Spikes word, on Tuesday morning he started to feed Buffy some jar strawberries that Giles went out and bought.


That night Giles came to see Spike again. “So how does she like the strawberries?”


“It was slow in the beginning, I would give her some blood on my finger then I would try to give her the spoon with strawberries on it. She wouldn’t take it so I started to mix my blood with the strawberries and she seemed to take it. I have been alternating between the blood and food. She is pulling a little harder at my blood when I give it to her on my finger.” Spike informs him.


“I take it that is a good sign.”


“Very, but I still don’t know when she will awake.” Spike reminds him.


“Yes quite right, if you don’t mind Joyce would like to stay goodnight, to her.” Giles informs him.


“She knows she can come in anytime.” Spike reminds him.


“Quite right, I’ll just go and get her.”
Chapter 16 by smlcspike
Author's Notes:
Thank for all the reviews, and to spikes mrs for editting this. I know that was just mean the summary. On a side note, due to busy schedules of me and my editors this might end up being updated every other week. Again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mate’s Pain



Chapter 16 Buffy wakes up 2 weeks after her ordeal.


The next morning, Angel stops in at Buffy and Spikes room before making his way downstairs to see if Spike needs anything.


After walking through the door Angel came to a dead stop at what he is saw, on the bed.


Buffy was lying there propped up against Spike, when Angel stepped into the room she started to rapidly move her eyes from Angel back to the spoon Spike was holding in his hand.


Noticing she was taking longer to eat, Spike quietly says to her, “It’s only Angel, luv.”


“When?” Was all Angel could get out as he remains looking at the sight in front of him.


While he continues to feed Buffy, Spike informs Angel. “She opened her eyes about 10 minutes ago; I am not to sure on what she is seeing though.”


After he has finished feeding her, he puts the jar on the table beside the bed, and Buffy let out a whimper as he did so.


“Sorry luv, same as what I told you with the blood, too much will make you sick. We will have to talk to the Watcher about a schedule for you; it’s been a few years since I have been human. I want to make sure I am doing this correctly.” Spike let his concern be heard in his voice while he was talking to her.


Finally moving from his spot just inside the door over to where the phone was in the room is, Angel tells him. “I wi’ll call Giles for you, what do you want me to tell him?” As he picks up the phone and dials.


Spike tells Angel what to pass on to Giles, “Tell him the Slayer opened her eyes and to call Mum and the Scoobies, I knew they shouldn’t have left early this morning to go back to Sunnydale.”


_____________________________________________________________________________________


30 minutes later, Giles comes to Buffy and Spikes room, after he, has telephoned Joyce and the young adults that are Buffy’s friends, to let them know that there has been a change in Buffy and she has opened her eyes.


Hearing a knock on the door and knowing it is Giles, Angel says as he gets up from the chair he has sat himself in after he called Giles. “I’ll get it.” Then he opens the door and moves aside to let Giles in.


Upon entering Buffy and Spike’s room Giles says to Spike. “I hope you don’t mind but I ran into Wesley on the way and mentioned that she had opened her eyes and he wanted to see her. So he asked if he could tag along.”


“It’s fine Watcher why don’t you both come in and close the door.”


After everyone is in the room and settled in a chair or against the wall in Angel’s case, so he could give his chair to Giles, Spike starts. “As Angel told you on the phone, your Slayer has opened her eyes, it happened about 40 minutes ago. She also ate a whole jar of strawberries and half of it was done by a spoon, she started to whimper for more when it was empty, I wasn’t sure how much I should give her. I don’t have a problem with giving her the blood, but to much together could also make her sick.”


“So you were still giving her your blood every 2 hours as well?” Giles asks as he waits for Spikes nod before continuing. “I would suggest we start to wean her off some of your blood, I am aware that she will always be ingesting some of your blood as you would be with her as well. But would I be correct in saying that she is getting more right now than what she would normally get.”


“Yes you are correct, Watcher. With her not taking as much as I am giving her now, but her blood intake was starting to get stronger each time. It would be my guess if the pillock would not have done what he did; her intake would be just as much as mine by now.” Spike informs them as he also talks about what was happening before Riley hurt Buffy.


“Sorry, but what do you mean she will take as much blood as you, isn’t that dangerous.” Wesley asks with a strange amount of confidence in his voice.


“Nope.” Spike simply states as he looks at Giles and Angel to gage there reactions before continuing. “I’m not turning her, what I take from her gets replaced by her taking it from me. You want her to equal my amount, and until she does I have to adjust the speed that I take it from her, so I don’t weaken her too fast. I am required to take as certain amount from her to help strengthen the mating.”


Quietly Wesley asks, “What about your feeding?


“Would never feed from her unless she asked me to.” Spike states to the room.


“I was actually wondering how you were able to bite her for the mating, that day.” Giles questioned him.


“It’s not meant to hurt her, but I think you should ask her why.” Spike says as he gestures to the now sleeping Slayer in his arms as he lays her back on the bed.


“Yes I guess you are right,” Giles replies, knowing that there was a reason that Spike didn’t want everyone to know.


“And if she won’t tell you, I am sure Anya will tell you.” Spike then adds to Giles comment.


“I think I would rather you than Anya.” Giles informs him, a look of disgust knowing what Anya is like talking sexually.


Total confused at what they are talking about, Wesley says. “I am sorry; I seem to have missed something.”


Knowing what they are talking about Angel said to Wesley, “I will fill you in later.”


“So we lessen her blood intake and increase her food intake, what should we be doing?” Spike asks, still a little unsure they are doing the right thing.


Thinking for a minute before replying Giles says. “Well that all depends on what she has done so far.”


“So far all she has done, is open her eyes when, she was awake. She did seem very alert at what she was seeing around her.” Spike tells them thinking of what she did when Angel walked in the room.


“I noticed that when I came in the room, I do believe she is trying to use her slayer senses. Giles informs the group, before asking “So has she talked or turned to you or anything?”


“Nope the only change is that she opened her eyes.”


“I do believe I should contact the doctor and then we can talk about a way to continue helping her.” Giles suggests to the group.


“You know she thanks you right?” Spike questioned Giles.


“Yeah, I know, but I wish it was her saying it.” Giles replies back to him.


“Hopefully it won’t be long before she starts to talk again.” Spike tells Giles.


“Yes you are quite right, now I must go and phone the doctor. Giles tells him as he gets up from his chair.


_____________________________________________________________________________________



2.5 hours after everyone has left the room, Buffy wakes up again, as he senses a change in her breathing Spike asks, “Do I get to see those gorgeous green eyes again?”


Buffy then opens her eyes and looks up at Spike who is looking down at her. She opens her mouth to speak, but is unable to get sound out so she closes it and tries a little harder this time. “Hungry, hurts.”


Barely hearing her, he says quietly “Okay luv, I don’t know what to do about the pain, but I can do something about getting you something to eat.” He tells her as he reaches on the table to get a jar of food that Angel left there earlier. “I know it isn’t great, but your Watcher says it’s the best for you right now.”


As he finishes talking, Buffy is laying there with her mouth open waiting for him to start feeding her.


Seeing what she is doing he says with a chuckle, “Now you just be patient, have to get you to a sitting position.


Buffy then closes her mouth waiting for him to reposition her.


After he sits her up against him, he kisses the top of her head and opens the jar of food. “Alright luv lets get some food in you.”

She eats the whole jar before he hears her complain again. “Finger” Was all she said.


Bringing his finger to his mouth, he lets his fangs descend enough to put a hole in the finger and bring it to Buffy lips. She immediately sucks the bloody finger into her mouth.


___________________________________________________________________________________


That is how the doctor finds them 5 minutes later, when Giles brings him up to Buffy and Spike’s room.


Seeing the other people in the room Spike informs her. “That’s enough luvs, you can have more later, and the good Doc and your Watcher are here.”


After she licks the last of the blood off his finger, she allows him to pull it out.


Sitting down in a chair across from Buffy, the Doctor leans over and says, “It’s good to see you awake, I am sure your treatment has not been a conventional treatment, you have quite some protectors watching over you. In fact my local contact is being questioned as we speak. I knew that Spike was a Vampire at the hospital, and you were referred to as Eternal, I didn’t realize you would come to another Vampire’s place, when you were let out.”


“It was for her safety.” Giles explains to him as he takes a seat in a spare chair.


“Angel’s” Buffy says quietly and Spike almost missed it.


“Yeah, luv, Angel has been protecting both of us.” Spike tells her letting the surprise be heard in his voice.


Seeing Spike talk to Buffy in what looks to be an answer to a question Giles says. “I take it she has started to talk?”


“Not getting much sound out, if I wasn’t a vamp. I wouldn’t hear it.” Spike tells Giles.
Chapter 17 by smlcspike
Author's Notes:
Thanks for the reviews, and spike mrs for editting this, also this is the only fic I have time to update this week, and it is only because it is completely typed.
Mate’s Pain


AN: ~ mean that they are speaking to each other in their minds, using their telepathic link. Buffy is talking in this chapter but Spike is the only one to hear her, so what she says when it is to other people it is really Spike saying it. Her voice is to low and if it wasn’t for his Vampire hearing he would not either.




Chapter 17 The doctors look at Buffy


Just then there was a knock on the door and sensing that it as Angel, Spike calls out “Peaches come on in, and bring the other good Doc with you.”


Angel enters the room with the other Doctor, he gestures for the other Doctor to have a seat beside the Doctor from Sunnydale, then he take up his position on the wall as he had done earlier that day.


Once seated beside Dr. Goodman, he leans forward and extents his hand to Spike and Buffy. “It is a pleasure to meet you, I am Dr. Calton.”


Spike leans forward and takes his hand, while saying. “I see Angelus has enlightened you to what my demon can be like, what he didn’t tell you is. My demon will probably not harm you, but you can never be too careful.” Then Spike leans back against the headboard and rest Buffy against his side again.


“I hope it is alright that I asked Dr. Calton here to meet with you and Buffy. He is also going to help assess what is wrong with her plus if I am teaming with a local doctor you won’t have to wait for me to treat her all the time.”


“That is fine.” Spike tells him.


“Has Buffy let on, that she is in any pain at all?” Dr. Goodman questions Spike.


“Yes.” Spike simply states.


“Alright then, I think it is time for everyone that doesn’t need to be here, leave so I can check her out.” Angel and Giles move from their spots to leave as the doctor addresses Spike. “You let me examine her once, now if you can’t do that again then you leave as well. If you interfere at all when I am examining her, I will be requesting you to leave as well.”


Letting Angel search his eyes to gage the way his demon is holding up he say to the doctor. “Demon won’t stop you, you helped her once and it understands your trying to help her again now.”


Angel nods to Spike, and then continues out the door with Giles.


After they have shut the door and start walking away, Giles turns to Angel “I believe he will not do anything, knowing it could harm her treatment from the doctor.”


“I know I saw it in his eye.” Angel tells Giles as they continue to walk down the hall.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Back in Buffy and Spike’s room the doctor starts to question Buffy some after the others have left. “Alright Buffy, could you tell me where you are having the most pain?”


“My neck, everything else is kind of numb.” She says in an almost whisper that is her voice right now, so Spike has to relay it back to the doctor.


He explains to Buffy and Spike what he plans on doing before waiting for her answer. “I am going to do a test, by applying different amounts of pressure to various locations of your body. Do you think you could tell me what you are able to feel?”


Again Spike relays her answer to the doctor. “Yes but I can take a lot of pain, before it gets to bad.”


“You don’t need to be strong like the Slayer all the time, besides I can feel your pain before you do.” Spike informs her.


Confirming that he will be told, he says. “So I take it at least one of you is going to do what I asked?”


Answering before Buffy can say anything, Spike says. “She will, but if I notice she is not telling. I will say something.”


“If you don’t mind I would like to start with her neck, so would you please take off her over shirt off?”


“I figured you would want to so that is why I put her in a tank top and blouse.” Spike tells the doctor as he removes the shirt from Buffy.


Telling Spike how he wants her, Dr. Goodman say. “Can you place her with, her back to me please?”


Spike turns her so, she is sitting on his lap with her back facing the doctor and he then gently pulls her hair to the side, to give the doctor better access.


Looking at her neck he says. “You had quite a few marks around your neck, but right here was the worst,” he says pointing to a spot on her neck. “So I would like to start here by applying a small amount of pressure, to see how it is healing.”


When the doctor touches Buffy’s neck, she starts to cry.


Spike knows the doctor is trying to help her, so he has to hold his demon back, but says. “You’re hurting her.”


“I’m sorry Buffy; I hope you can understand I am trying to help you.”


“Yeah we do.” Spike replies to the doctor.


“If you let me schedule and x-ray for her, I will leave her neck alone.”


Replying to the doctor Spike says. “If she won’t be in pain you can x-ray anywhere you want.” Even if in his mind he is hearing her say ~ Spike no, I hate hospital~ Responding to her in his mind as well ~Sorry Slayer but if the good Doctor thinks it needs to be done, then it gets done.~


Once he has the attention of Buffy and Spike again he starts. “So I am going to move down her spine now, Dr. Calton will be marking on a chart.” He says as he starts to press his fingers on various spots along her spine.


While doing this Buffy notes only 3 spots on her spine where she could feel anything at all, so Spike told the doctor for her.


“That was great Buffy, now I am going to start with your toes and work up.”


As he is working his way up her legs, Buffy lets him know at her toes, knees and hips she was able to feel some pain. He then works the same way up her arms making sure not to move to close too her neck. They let him know that she has some pain at the fingers and elbows.


Sitting back in his chair, he says to her. “Thank you Buffy, you helped me pin point your recovery quite well. If you want you can have Spike turn you back around now.”


Looking at Spike before talking, he tells them “I am not sure what Slayer healing is, but most of my patients would be in a coma or paralysed, from what I can tell, your body shut your system down so you could heal. Right now you can not move, but you are healing and will be back to yourself again, someday soon I would imagine.”


“He’s right; I was in a wheelchair for a few months after you dropped the organ on me. We might heal faster, but even Slayers and Vampires don’t heal over night if we are hurt bad enough.” Spike reminds her.


“I know” She says quietly to Spike.


Turning to face the doctors, Spike tells them what Slayer healing is. “She has added strength and reflexes are quicker as well as her stamina and she can heal ten times faster than most humans.”


“Actually Spike has brought up my next question.” He tells everyone, before continuing “Getting around, now I know it won’t be permanent, but I would like to get you into a wheelchair to move around.”


“Where would we have to go for that?” Spike wonders, not sure if he wants to put her through the stress he went through when he was in one.


“Well I wasn’t sure what; I would be walking into today so I did bring a couple of different types with me. But first I will have to check one more thing.” The Doctor told him honestly.


With her voice getting stronger, but not loud enough for the doctors to hear, she asks “What is it?”


“I need both you and Spike to trust me, what I need is for him to sit you in the middle of the bed, so I can see how you can balance on you own.”

Instantly Buffy murmurs “Blood”

“After you do this for the good Doc, I am sure he will give you a few minutes alone then.” Spike simply states so everyone knows the plan.


“That would be find, since I need to have Dr. Calton book the x-ray for tonight, and I will need to find where I can park the van so you will be able to go outside. “


“There is a parking garage under the hotel, if you park it beside the black convertible then you will be by the elevator and also will be safe for me and Angel.” Spike informs him as he starts to get up.


“Wait” Buffy calls out, but only Spike is able to hear it.


Sitting back beside her, he asks “What’s wrong luv?”


“Nothing I have some questions” She tells him.


“I am sure the doctor won’t mind you asking some questions.”


“No not at all Buffy, what would you like to know?”


Without a thought she asks. “When can Spike and I make love again and when can I have chocolate again?”


“Let’s address the last one first, once you have managed with some solids then you can have hard chocolate, as long as it is soft you can have anything to eat now. Ice cream and other soft chocolate would be fine as well. You will need to build up to eating total solids. Now for the other, if I don’t find anything that would be a concern, then you are good to go tomorrow, so if I don’t say no to it tonight then you can tomorrow. Now can we please see how strong you are?”


“Okay, Spike leave me for a couple minutes.” Buffy orders him.


“Sure, Slayer” He says as he gets up and places her in the middle of the bed, with her arms at her sides. Then he moves away.


After a few minutes Buffy starts to cry from the pain of holding herself up, Spike then sits back down on the bed and takes her in his arms. He then vamps out and pricks his finger with a fang and puts it in her mouth for her.


Seeing what he is doing, Dr. Calton stands up and quietly says. “I think it is our cue to leave.” Then he starts walking to the door.


Dr. Goodman gets up as well and says. “I believe you are right.” They leave the room together.


As they are going out the door, Spike says. “I will bring her down shortly, shouldn’t be more than 10 minutes.


Then they close the door behind them and head down to the lobby.
Chapter 18 by smlcspike
Author's Notes:
Just to point out I am no a doctor so weather this is true in the medical world or not it is in the fic, this is for entertainments purposes only. So thank you for the reviews and again to spikes mrs who was editted this for me. Again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mate’s Pain



Chapter 18 They find out more to what is wrong with Buffy


Once both doctors are in the lobby of the hotel, Dr. Calton addresses the first Vampire he met that day. “Is there a phone I can borrow?”


“Yes, you can use the phone in my office, that way there you can have some privacy while you are on the phone.” Angel informs him before thinking to himself at least he doesn’t know that both I and Spike can hear almost everything and I will be able to hear everything he says on the phone right now.


Dr. Goodman is met by Giles. Giles tells him as he guides him over to where Joyce and Buffy‘s friends are now sitting. “I would like you to meet Buffy’s mother Joyce.” Once they reach Joyce he says to her “Joyce I would like you to meet Dr. Goodman, Dr. this is Joyce Summers.”


Reaching out she shake hands with the doctor, as she tells him “It’s nice to finally meet you, and is everything alright with Buffy?”


“Well she does have a lot of recovery ahead of her, but she is strong and should be just fine with Spike’s help. I don’t see to much trouble with her mental state right now either.”


Just as Spike is carrying Buffy downstairs, Giles answers the doctor. “I believe you might be right.”


Walking up to the group of people around the doctor, Spike says as he sits down beside Joyce with Buffy, “I see you were assaulted with questions.” Then turns to Giles “Watcher show the good Doc where it is safe for him to park his van, so I can take Buffy outside. I told him to park by Angel’s car; it should be safe there as I know Angel will go out sometimes during the day.”


“Yes, alright let me show you.” Giles tells the Doctor as they start to walk off.


After they leave the lobby, Dr. Calton comes out of the office and rejoins Buffy and Spike. “I have a few times tried to get as close to sundown, but my only problem is I am not exactly sure when it is so I tried my best.”


Looking at Angel while he speaks he tells the doctor. “If there is underground parking or a covered pathway to the door I can go almost any time, but the halls would have to be void of sunlight as well. And we would have to be able to leave the car where it is parked.”


“Yes, Will I will drive you.” Angel says as he addresses him with the short form of Spike’s human name.


________________________________________________________________________________


After discussing and picking a time to go for the x-ray and deciding on a time about 30 minutes before sunset. Angel then leads, the Doctor, Joyce, Buffy and Spike to the hotels underground parking.


Seeing that everyone has joined them in the parking garage, Dr. Goodman asks “So were you successful in getting an appointment for tonight?”


“Yes, we are going for 5:30pm. They tell me it is about 30 minutes before sunset.” Dr. Calton replies.


Confused Dr. Goodman asks. “I thought you couldn’t go out in the sun?”


Leaning up against Angel car, Spike informs him “This car here is extra tinted.”


“So we will meet you there, now let’s get her into a chair so, you don’t have to carry her all the time.” The Doctor questions before telling Spike what he wants done.


“She is as light as a feather, I really don’t mind.” Spike lets him know.


“Carrying her some is fine, leaning against you, holding her in you lap as well as spending long periods of time flat on her back or front can be damaging to her spine right about now.” The doctor informs Spike.


Trying not to be to upset that he could be hurting his mate by having her in his arms Spike questions. “Some is fine?”


“Yes, Spike some will be fine, now can we please figure out what kind of chair would be best for her.”


Nodding Spike pushes himself and Buffy off of Angel’s car and goes over to the chair that he feels would be best for Buffy. He places her in it and bends down in front of her to do up the lap belt, the he notices one at the chest area and goes to do that one as well.


Seeing Spike is going to do up all the belts the doctor bends down beside Spike and says. “It can be done up behind the chair for now, I also picked this chair because I know how much you like to hold her, it will be easier for you to do it without the sides. She also might start leaning to the side because of no sides on the chair and then you can use the straps at the top.”


“Quietly Spike says. “Thank you.”


“She won’t be in it long, and if you give her a good rub down morning and night, it would help her muscles as well.” He tells Spike as he hands him some massage lotion.


Again Spike finds himself thanking the doctor. “Thank you.”


“Now I understand you have a ride to the hospital tonight, and if you have no more questions, I will leave you to getting some lunch and see you this evening.” The doctor tells him as he stands up.


Also standing back up from where he was bending down in front of Buffy to address the doctors. “No, I am sure we will be fine.”


Addressing Spike before the others he says.” I’m sure you will be fine too, I hope to see you all have a lovely day and will see you all tonight.” Then he turns to Dr. Calton and speaks to him “Shall we take our leave?” Then he walks to the van and gets in while waiting for Dr. Calton to do so as well.


As they drive off they start to discuss their most unusual patient and her family.


_____________________________________________________________________________________



Once the doctors are gone, Buffy asks Spike to do one things, as she has been in his arms for so long. “Out” She says quietly.


Trying not to let her pain hurt him to much he leans back down to her. “Sorry luv, but the doctor is right you need to be in there too.” Seeing Buffy start to tear up, he does as well. “Be strong luv, I am doing this for you, because I love you so much.” Then he kisses her with tears freely running down his face.


After he pulls back from the kiss, Buffy states “Love you, chocolate.”


Giving a quick chuckle, Spike tells her. “I am sure one of the Watchers will go and get you some chocolate ice cream or something after lunch.”


“Speaking of lunch, why don’t we go back into the hotel and I will have Cordelia do a lunch run.” Angel suggests as he starts to make his way to the elevator.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Once in the lobby, Angel takes everyone lunch order and hands the order and money to Cordelia, to go and pick up every ones lunch and some chocolate for Buffy.”


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Once Cordelia has returned with everyone’s sandwiches and salads, they all sit down at the table and pass around everyone’s sandwiches till they get to the right person.


Angel puts some chocolate pudding in front of Buffy and Spike.


Seeing the size of the sandwich, Spike questions. “Are you sure you can eat that?”


“Yes now feed it to me.” She says in a demanding tone.


“There is no need to be bossy; we will start with small pieces.” He informs her as he starts to break off small pieces of the sandwich.


After alternating between chocolate milk and the sandwich, Buffy closes her mouth when it is half done. By doing this she lets Spike know that she is finished eating and he starts to pack it up. As he is packing it up he hears, “pudding now Spike.”


“Alright luv,” he tells her as he stops packing the sandwich up and picks up the pudding to feed her. “Your wish is my command.” He says as he takes the lid off and starts to feed it to her.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Later that day at the hospital in LA.


Spike carries Buffy into the hospital and meets the doctors waiting for them; Giles, Joyce and Angel follow behind him.


“I see you are carrying her again.” The Doctor points out.


“Sorry, Doc couldn’t fit the chair in the car.”


“That is fine, Spike just remember what I told you.” He informs him as he leads them to the x-ray waiting room. Gesturing to the chairs he addresses the rest of the group, “Could you 3 wait here please.” Then he turns to Spike. “Please follow me.”


Spike nods and follows the Doctor. “This is Clark, Spike he will be taking Buffy’s x-rays.” Dr. Calton says as he talks Spike.


“Would you please follow me, Spike.” Clark asks as he starts walking off to an x-ray room.


Following Clark he is lead to and x-ray room where he is told where and how to position Buffy on the table.


After he does what Clark asks he hears, “Would you come in here with me please, Sir?”


“Why?” was all Spike could say.


Informing Spike “I need you away from her for a couple minutes to take the x-ray, the only protective gear I have I need to put on her.”


Knowing it was best to follow Clark, Spike decided arguing with his demon could be done later.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


10 minutes later, Clark was leading Spike and Buffy out to wait with their friends and family. “You will have to wait for a few minutes until the Doctors come back and look at the x-ray.” Then he turns to leave.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


15 minutes after Clark brought Spike and Buffy out to the waiting room both Doctors come back one of them, carrying an envelope. “If all of you would like to come into the consultation room, we can get started.” Dr. Goodman suggest to the group.


Dr. Goodman starts. “When you brought her into the hospital 2 weeks ago, in Sunnydale we did and extensive examination on her. One of the things that we noticed was her neck; it had really bad tazor marks on it. When we x-rayed it we were unable to determine how bad it actually was.” He then takes out the x-ray taken today and tells them what he is seeing. “Here and here are from the tazor, now that the swelling has gone down some it shows a couple spiral cracks in the bone.”


They all let what the doctor said sink in for a couple of minutes.


Dr. Calton picks up from where the other doctor left off. “We feel it would be best for her to receive weekly x-rays, so we can monitor the situation.”


“That is fine, so when do we book the next appointment.” Giles asks.


“Actually I have already booked the appointment for the same time next Wednesday. I hope that is alright.” Dr. Calton explains.


Speaking for the first time, Angel tells him. “That is fine, I can pretty much get them anywhere during the day.”

“Well if you don’t mind me leaving you, I need to be getting back to Sunnydale.” Dr. Goodman tells the group.


“Yes, I quite understand, we should be getting back as well.” Giles informs the group as he starts to stand.
“It was a pleasure to meet you.” He says before ushering everyone out of the room.
Chapter 19 by smlcspike
Author's Notes:
Thanks to all that have reviewed, and to spikes mrs for editting. Just to let people know, I don't know about updates for the time been, I accidently set fire to oven last night. We have lot of cleaning to do because of it. Again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mate’s Pain



Chapter 19 Buffy and Spike make love


The next morning Buffy wakes up with a smile on her face.


Kissing her good morning Spike says, “Morning luv, you want to tell me what has you so full of smiles.”


“The doctor said we could make love today.”


With a grin on his face Spike replies, “That we can, luv.”


Firmly stating as her voice has gotten a little stronger. “You know I would hit you right now if I could.”


“I don’t doubt that,” He informs her as he rolls himself above her and starts to kiss his way down her body. Once he reaches her exposed breast he darts his tongue out and quickly flicks the nipple with his tongue before he moves his mouth down to suck on her breast. Not wanting to put any weight on her and hurt her anymore than she is hurt he keeps himself held above her as he nips and sucks at both breasts, after he has paid attention to both breasts he continues his way down south, licking and kissing his way down.


Spike pauses at her belly button for a minute then moves his tongue in and out, to stimulate sex in it, then he moves down further as he gets between her legs he leans back on his knees and heels and lifts her legs and spreads them, trying not to spread them too wide, since he is unsure on how much will hurt her.


After he spreads her legs he lays himself back down on the bed between them and takes a long sniff of her scent. Then he flattens his tongue the best he can and licks her from bottom to top, hoping that she is able to feel what he is doing to her. After a few minutes of sucking at her clit and then plunging his tongue in and out of her he feels that she is ready to cum, so he inserts a finger into her opening and starts to suck her clit hard.


“SPIKE” She screams as her orgasm takes hold.


Smiling to himself he licks her clean and moves back up her body to position his rock hard cock at her entrance. In one thrust he enters her as he kisses her, setting a slow pace he starts to gently rock back and forth and in and out of Buffy all the while watching her face to make sure he is not hurting her to bad. After what seemed like hours, but was really only minutes he felt Buffy clamp down around him as her second orgasm of the day takes hold.


Shouting his name out in her release. “SPIKE” has him following right behind her with a roar of her name also. “BUFFY”


They both lay still for a couple minutes and then he pulls out of her and rolls her over to him.


Once Buffy’s breathing has returned to normal, she murmurs “Sleepy now.”


Snuggling her to him, he says “Get some rest luv; we will start the day when you get up.”


“Love you,” She murmurs as she falls asleep.


Before Spike can reply he hears that her breathing has evened out and she is asleep, so instead of saying anything to her, he simply allows himself to fall asleep as well.


____________________________________________________________________________________


1 hour later Buffy woke back up to see Spike staring down at her, and watching her sleep.


“Hey” She says.


“How are you feeling now, luv?”


“Peachy with a side of keen, but I still can’t move.” She tells him sadly.


“I didn’t hurt you did I?” His voice full of concern.


Without thinking she replies, “Nope most of my body couldn’t feel you.” Seeing Spike’s crestfallen look she quickly adds. “But what mattered could and we will most defiantly be doing that over and over again.”


Grinning for a second he says. “Glad to hear that,” then he turns more serious and lifts up the massage cream he was given by the doctor. “The doctor told me to massage this into you twice a day, so I was thinking of giving you a bath and then rubbing it in before going downstairs.”


“Oh, okay, what time is it, it still seems early?”


“It’s only 8 am, you woke up quite early, but what you were dreaming about is it any wonder that you would wake up.”


Embarrassed she says, “You saw my dream, I thought the link was closed off.”


“No not closed off, just you needed to heal some to use it, when you needed it you did use it.”


“I seem to remember.” She informs him.


Changing the subject back to what they are going to do, he asks. “Did you want to stay here while I run the water or come with me into the bathroom?”


“You mean you are going to let me be that far away from you.” Buffy asks trying to hide the surprise in her voice.

“I could just bring you.” He informs her before continuing “I will leave you alone a lot more, after you are able to get around some. If you remember I did leave Dru when she was sick, to feed and to try and kill you. But she was never alone always had a minion stay with her.”


“If you don’t mind, I think I would like to stay and rest for a few minutes.”


Sliding himself out of the bed he replies before lean down to kiss her forehead. “Alright luv, I will come get you when the water is ready.”


“Don’t worry I will be here.” She says as a joke as Spike walks away.


Growling “You better be.”


_____________________________________________________________________________________


10 minutes later, he comes back to get Buffy, “your bath is ready.” He tells her as he leans down to pick her up, and carries her to the bathroom.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


20 minutes later, he is lifting a freshly cleaned Buffy out of the tub and drying her off, and then he carries her back into the main room, where he sits on the bed with her on his lap and proceeds to comb her hair. After he is finished her hair he gently lays her down so he can rub the lotion from the doctor into her skin before asking. “So luv, what would you like to wear, today?”


“Do I have any of my work out sets?” She asks him back.


“Yeah either Red or your Mum packed you a couple of them.” He informs her as he pulls out a 3 piece set, and then he proceeds to dress her.


Once he is done dressing her, she asks “Are you going to be carrying me downstairs?”


“Not today, you need to get use to the wheelchair; I will always be near you though.”


With a pout she says, “You big meanie.”


“What can I say I’ve always been bad, baby.” He informs her with a raise of his eyebrow.


“Yeah right.” She says with a small giggle and a twinkle in her eye, “I’m starved we could go down stairs now.”


“Sure thing, luv.” He tells her as he scoops her up and puts her in the wheelchair.”


___________________________________________________________________________________


Down in the lobby the gang are in the middle of a discussion on whether or not they should go and see if Buffy and Spike are coming down for breakfast.


“She’s been through a lot; I say we let her sleep.” Willow argues.


“Oh I am sure they will be down after, he gives her all the orgasms she missed out on.” Anya informs the group.


“What?” Angel spat out, as he is still trying to erase the sounds coming from their room this morning.”


Just then Spike and Buffy get out of the elevator in the lobby, and walk over to join the group.


As they join the group Angel says, “Oh thank god, I don’t think I can take anymore of this women’s loose lips.” Then he lowers his voice so only Buffy and Spike can hear. “Hearing it was bad enough, I so do not need to talk about it.”


Buffy blushes and Spike burst out laughing before he says. “What would you have liked to do join us; I am not sure how the Slayer feels about.”


“Spike!” Buffy calls.


“Right Slayer lets get you some food.”


“Oh Angel cooked bacon and eggs as well as pancakes, there is also oatmeal you can make if you want that instead.” Willow rambles out.


“Angel cooked?” Buffy asked in surprise with a raised eyebrow that could match Spikes.

“Angel is a good cook, that is why we have him do breakfast, quite often.” Cordelia adds in.


“Well then why don’t we eat before it gets cold?” Spike say clapping his hands together before he starts to wheel Buffy to the table. Once sitting at the table he asks “What do you want luv?”


Letting out a sigh, she says “He could have at least put chocolate chips in the pancakes.” Not knowing he is right behind her with a plate of chocolate chip pancakes.


“Who says he didn’t?” Spike asks with a smirk as Angel puts the plate in front of her.


They all start to pass the food around and Spike takes what ever he believes she will eat, even if she is pouting about it.


Once everyone has started to eat, Giles comment on Buffy’s voice. “I see your voice is stronger today has anything else changed as well?”


“No, sorry Giles.” She says as Spike starts to feed her.
Chapter 20 by smlcspike
Author's Notes:
Thanks for all the reviews and to spikes mrs for editting this. Again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mate’s Pain



Chapter 20 Buffy tells everyone that she wants to go home to Sunnydale


1 week later, Doctor Calton comes to visit with her again.


“Hello, Buffy how are you today.” Dr. Calton questions as he enters her and Spike’s room, with Giles.


“Still can’t do much,” She tells him in a discouraged voice before continuing, “I can eat anything I want, and I have also started to move a couple of my fingers. Last night when I was asleep Spike felt them move against him where my hand was laying on him.”


Sitting down in a chair, he replies to her “That is great, Buffy.” Then continues to explain to her what he is going to do today. “So I am basically going to do the same test that we did last week, but we have decided we will leave your neck for the x-ray.”


Relieved Spike comments “That is good; she was in a lot of pain last week.”


Questioning Dr. Calton asks, “So is it only Buffy telling me about where she feels the pain or will you also be telling me as well?”


Answering Spike says, “Same as last week, if she doesn’t say anything, I will. A lot of times I feel her pain long before her, because it takes so much for her to give into her pain.”


“Good, lastly I hope you don’t mind but I asked Mr. Giles to mark the sheet for me, I hope that is okay with both of you?”


“That is fine,” Both Buffy and Spike reply.


Getting up and moving to the bed, the Doctor says, “Alright shall we get started then?”


At Spikes nod, he asks “Can you lie her on her stomach please.”


Spike lays her on her stomach beside him.


“So now, the same thing as last week, I will start up by your neck, but not to close to it. Then I will work my way down your back to your tailbone, after I reach your tailbone I will then start at your toes and work my way up to your thigh and down the other leg. After I get to your toes again, I will then be moving to your fingers, since you have some movement in them, I will likely put some pressure against them using my hand, and then I will be moving up your arm to your shoulder and repeating with your other arm. So are you ready to begin?”


Quietly she states “Yes.”


“Right then lets get this started.” Spike tells everyone.


The Doctor does what he says and about 20 minutes later, he is finishing up her pressure test noting that about the only change is in her fingers. When he is done he moves back to the chair he was sitting on and Spike, sits Buffy back up before asking, “Should she have made a better amount of healing?”


“Not necessarily.” The doctor tells him.


Questioning Spike, Giles asks him. “Spike when Buffy dropped the organ on you how long did it take for you to heal?”


Groan Spike states “Too Bloody long.”


Questioning Spike again Giles asks. “Is it not correct that you just started walking about a week before, you made your truce with Buffy?”


Grumbling Spike states, “Not even that.”


Doing quick math before speaking of when the organ was dropped on Spike and the truce, Giles points out. “So if my calculations are correct, you were in the wheelchair for about 5-6 months.”


Getting irritated Spike says, “Yes, do you have a point to this Watcher?”


Trying to calm Spike, Buffy calmly states, “Its ok honey calm down and let him explain.”


“Yes there is a point to this, if it took you about 5 months to heal, shouldn’t you expect it to take just as long for her to heal.” Giles asks him.


Quietly Spike says, “But she is Eternal.”


Replying Giles informs him. “Unfortunately we don’t know much about the Eternal.”


Seeing the Doctor has no idea what they are talking about Buffy questions, “Do you think we could let the Doctor talk.”


“Sorry.” Spike says.


“Yes quite right, sorry about that.”


“He’s right, Buffy has made good progress from when she was brought into the hospital 3 weeks ago, we were not even sure if she was going to wake up, from what I have been told and am also seeing, she will most likely be able to move her arms around in about another 2 weeks. But that is not for sure, I am going to see how you are doing next week and I might have someone come and show you exercises to keep your strength up.” Dr. Calton points out to them.


“I won’t be here next week.” Buffy informs the group.


Look at Spike then he asks, “I take it you are going back to Sunnydale then.”


“Wasn’t planning on going back yet, figured I would wait and see how she is doing before I brought it up to anyone.”


“Why do you want to go home Buffy,” The Dr. asks to make sure she was not depressed, but clearly looking at her you could tell she wasn’t.


“I miss my bed, and my training room, if I am going to get use of my arms again, then I will need more then just the average person, helping me.”


“When did you plan on telling us Buffy?” Giles questions.


“I was planning on talking to Mom and Spike first it kind of just came up now though.” She informs him.


Thinking Dr. Calton asks. “If you would like, I could come back Sunday morning to check her progress.”


“That would be great.” Spike replies.


Getting up, he says. “I am really sorry, but I need to get to the hospital. Will you still be coming at the same time as last week?”


“Yes if that is ok, will we be seeing you then?” Spike asks him after answering his question.


Getting up from his chair Giles suggests, “I’ll walk you out.”


_____________________________________________________________________________________


After dinner on Friday night, Joyce arrives at the hotel in LA.


Walking up to her daughter upon entering the hotel, she puts her arms around her and gives her a great big hug while whispering in her ear, “How are you?”


Whispering back before, her mother has time to let go, she states, “I want to go home Mommy.”


Getting up from hugging her daughter, Joyce looks over to Spike knowing he heard what Buffy told her. “I know she has mentioned it already.”


“But” Buffy starts drawing the attention back to her, “I want Spike to be able to stay with me, at the house and in my bed.”


Spike starts to chuckle beside her at the way she said it and already knowing what him and Joyce talked about already.

“If I could hit you right now, your nose would not be safe.” She points out when she heard him laugh.


Still chuckling Spike replies to her threat, “No doubt about it.”


Finally cluing in on what Buffy just said, Joyce chastises her daughter, “Buffy we do not talk about hitting people, and especially not your mate. Now I have already talked to William and told him he is welcome to move in with us, until he finds a place for both of you.”


“Thanks Mom, so where is everyone else.”


“They will be here in about and hour.”
Chapter 21 by smlcspike
Author's Notes:
Thanks for all the reviews and thanks to spikes mrs for editting this, it is sad to say this story if almost over, just a few more chapters. Again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mate’s Pain


Chapter 21


*****Sunday night, everyone, was back in Sunnydale*****


As Spike carried her into her mother’s house, she mumbles “Home Sweet Home.”


“Well don’t get to comfy, because as soon as I find a house, I will be getting it.” He tells her as he puts her down on the sofa, “Now stay put, I need to go and help your Mom bring our things in.”


“Where would I go? She asks him as he leaves the room, to go back outside.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


With a chuckle, he walks out of the house and goes to rejoin Joyce outside, while saying, “You know it amazes me, that not once has she ever revoked my invitation to your house.”


“I don’t really think, you were on her mind when she finally came home from LA.” Joyce tries to point out to him.


“I remember you mentioning something about that when I came and trapped her mates in the factory, to do that spell. I am surprised it wasn’t revoked after that.”


“I think she trusts you, not to hurt me, from what she always says about you is that you are an annoying pest and you wanted to kill her, and to not let you in but you would deal with her face to face, not through her friends or family.” Joyce informs him as she reaches in to get another bag out of the car.


“She is correct, unless provoked; I would deal with her and only her. I even set her Watcher free, before I made the truce with her a year or so ago.” Spike says while also reaching in to get one of the much larger bags from the car.


“I was not aware of that.” Joyce tells him.


“We better get back in there,” Spike says removing the rest of the bags to carry in with the one he had removed a couple of minutes ago.


“So what are we going to do about getting her in and out of the house?” Joyce asks him as they start to head for the door.


Thoughtfully, he says, “I’ll figure it out later; but I’ll most likely just carry her, in and out. But I will need to find a garage close by to park my car.”

“I have a 2 car garage; you can always park it in here.” Joyce tells him as she walks into the house.


“Thank you, Joyce.” He says walking in behind her.


_____________________________________________________________________________________



“What are you thanking Mom for? Buffy questioned.


Walking up to Buffy and taking her hands for a moment, he says. “For allowing me to park my car in the garage, now I am going to take this stuff up to your room, do you want to come or stay here?”


“Our room,” Buffy points out then says, “I’m comfy, and I’ll stay here, but don’t be too long.”


“I won’t,” Spike states as he takes up off the stairs.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


After Spike goes upstairs, Joyce comes back in from the kitchen, as she sits down on a couch in the living rooms, she tells Buffy. “I was thinking of ordering a pizza, but I have noticed that he steals bits of food while he feeds you.”


“Yes, he eats, if that is what you are asking?” Buffy asks her mother when Joyce paused, but also thinks back to the fact that Angel never ate human food so she can understand her mother asking.


“I know he drinks,” Joyce continues, “because when he came here about a year ago, you could smell the alcohol on him.”

“While Joyce was talking Spike sends back down to Buffy through the link they share ~I eat pizza, just try not to get one with too much garlic in the sauce.~


“He says he eats pizza Mom; just try to get it with plain sauce.


“Oh that is right, Mr. Giles said you could talk telepathically, I should have had you ask him in the first place.”


“Mom, I think I need to tell you something about Vampire’s, in general.”


“What is it Buffy?” Joyce asked confused, “Your making it seem like I do not understand something.”


“Not really, it’s just Vampire’s have senses that a far greater that ours, well actually mine are better too. The one thing that is greater is his hearing; he can actually hear us talking right now.” Buffy points out to her mother.


“You mean he can hear what we are actually talking about.” Joyce asks with a look of horror on her face.


Just then Spike comes back down the stairs and joins Buffy and Joyce in the living room. Then he sits down on the couch where he pulls Buffy onto his lap.


After he was seated, Joyce says to him, “Sorry to talk about you like that.”


“Don’t worry about it Joyce, nothing you said was not true, I had been drinking, before I showed up here. Now why don’t you order the pizza, and then you can ask me anything you want about my being a Vampire.” Spike adds as a suggestion to help her adjust better, to having him there.


“Joyce nods, and gets up to order the pizza.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Then next afternoon, Willow comes to visit Buffy.


Hearing a knock on her front door, Buffy asks Spike, “Can you get that please?”


“Sure thing, Goldilocks,” Spike says as he gets up to go and answer the door. As he opens he notices Willow standing, there “Come in Red, I’m sure, she will be glad to see you.”


Willow then walks by him and gives him a quiet “Hello” as she got to walk into the living room, where Buffy is sitting. “Hi Buffy, I hope you don’t mind, but I wanted to talk about some things.”


“Nope, just watching TV with Spike, oh and we were reading the ads for houses earlier.”


“You’re looking for a house.” Willow asks.


“Can’t stay here for ever, Will besides I kinda freaked mom out last night, when I told her that Spike could hear anywhere in the house.”


“It wasn’t that bad, pet, plus I told her in LA that I plan on buying a house. So where do you want to have your little chat then?”

“Can you take me upstairs? And then you can come back down and watch Passions.” Buffy asks him.


“Alright luv, lets go,” he says as he pulls her onto his lap and stands up, once he carries her upstairs and places her on the bed, Buffy moves her eyes to the door and says “Out.”


“You know I will hear anyhow.” Spike said with a whine in his voice.


“Maybe you will, but being a good Mate and listening to Passions will take away, your wanting to listen in. Friend needing to talk, means girl talk, normally done a whole lot better, when ones Mate isn’t in the room. And if said friend had a Mate as well, we might even talk about each of our Mates, now you go.”


“Just call me if you need anything.” He says leaning down to kiss her, then walks to the door and closing it after he leaves the room.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Once Spike is out of the room, Buffy says to Willow, “So what did you want to talk about, Will?”


“I am starting to have feeling for someone, Buffy and I don’t know what to do.”


Happy for her friend, Buffy suggests, “That is great Willow, why don’t you see if he’ll join us the next time we go to The Bronze.”


Biting her lower lip, Willow quietly says. “That is the thing, Buffy it is not a guy it is a girl.”


“Oh that is great Will, so who is the lucky girl?” Buffy says trying to hide the fear that it might be her.


From downstairs they hear a growl, so Buffy yells down to him, “Hush down Honey.”


“Oh, No, you’re freaking, you think it’s you I have feelings for. I don’t, I have feelings for someone else, Tara. I have feeling s for her; well I love you but only as a friend.” Willow says as she babbles on.


“Willow, relax and breathe.”


“I love you too, but only as a friend, not the way that I love Spike. Now I think you better invite her to the Bronze next time we go, I don’t think she will disappoint you.” Buffy said trying to reassure her friend.


Shyly Willow says, “We kind of kissed last night.” Then she changed the subject, “So are we having our standard Tuesday Bronze night?”


“Has to be Wednesday this week, we have an appointment tomorrow to go and look at a house.” Buffy tells her.


“That is great, I will let Xander know when I talk to him later, but right now I better get going.”


“Give me a hug and I will talk to you later, I believe Giles might be coming around tonight.” Buffy tells her.
Chapter 22 by smlcspike
Author's Notes:
AN: I am not sure of Faith’s last name, but a lot of Authors write it as Lehane, so I am borrowing it if that is not her last name. I hope no one minds. Thanks for all your reviews, and to spikes mrs for editting this again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mate’s Pain



Chapter 22


*****Wednesday night, inside the Initiative. *****


I am not really sure, if it is such a good idea that you go there.” Maggie Walsh says to Riley when she goes to see him in a conference room in the underground chambers of the Initiative.


Pleading with her, he says, “I’ll stay with Graham and Forrest the whole time.”


Trying to make things easier on his friend, Graham added, “Besides, Buffy’s friends never show up on a Wednesday. I have been watching for a month now.”


“You know I won’t allow anything to happen to him, and we all know that no one has been able to find anything out about Buffy since we determined it was not her in the hospital.” Forrest tells Maggie.


“Yes, have we actually determined yet, who exactly that person is, yet?” Maggie asked as she took interest in the person Forrest was talking about.


“We believe that it is a Faith Lehane, she has been in a coma since the middle to end of last April.” Forrest tells her.


Concerned, Riley asks “So where is Buffy, then?”


Grinning Maggie answers him, “We are still actually trying to determine that, we have noticed that her mother and friends all left Sunnydale, sometime Friday and came back Sunday night or Monday morning.”


“And we haven’t attached a GPS to any of their vehicles yet?” Riley asked.


“We are intending to follow them on Friday. One Agent will follow her mother and another Agent will follow her friends.” Maggie informs the group.


Surprised to be hearing about this Faith person, Riley asks, “What are we doing about this Faith person?”


“Monitoring her, hoping that she will wake up soon and we will be able to persuade her to join out team.” Maggie tells him.


“How long till she wakes up?” Riley then asked.


Wanting to change the subject Maggie tells him, “Hopefully no longer than 2 months, now go and enjoy your night and don’t get into any trouble.” Then she turns and walks out of the room, turning to head back to her office.


Slapping Riley on the back, Graham asks him, “So you’re a free man tonight Riley, how does it feel?”


Smiling he says, “Great, now let’s go and get ready.” Then they all leave the room and start to head upstairs.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


At the Summer’s house, Buffy and Spike are watching TV, when he asks her out of the blue, “So what is on that mind of yours?”


“As if you don’t know,” She suggests that he has already looked for himself.


Clearly he states, “You know I don’t like probing your mind, I respect your privacy.”


Grinning she says, “Yeah right.”


Defending himself, he says “Well I do, most of the time, so you going to tell me or do I have to find out for myself?”


“I am just excited, I guess about going out tonight, but then I am also worried that something will happen. Demons always seem to find me, when I am trying to take the night off, you should know that it is how we met after all.”


With a chuckle he says, “Yeah I know, but you won’t have to worry because we are taking my car, so there will be no walking. And once we get there, you will be with me and the rest of your mates, which I happen to know for a fact, would do anything to keep you safe.”


“I know” she says quietly as she rests her head back on Spike.


“Hey what is that about?” He asks as he turns her to face him, again.


“It nothing, I just worry about them, but if it wasn’t for me they would not have known the danger, or have to deal with risking their lives everyday.”


“Okay, I am going to say something and you might not like it, but I think you need to hear it. You being the Slayer has prolonged their lives, Xander’s friend Jessie got turned your first night in Sunnydale, and do you really think he would have been safe if you were not here?” Spike asked her.


“No, Darla lured him to her; she still would have killed him anyways.” She tells him quietly.


“And if they would not have learned about Vampire’s, what do you think would have happened to them if they didn’t know about Vampire’s and demons, after their friend was turned?”


Quietly she tells him, “They would be dead, or at least Xander would be.”


“Let’s not look at what Vampire’s go for, Red would have been and easy kill.” With a chuckle he continues, “Hell, she would have been when I came to Sunnydale, if she wasn’t listed as the Slayers friends.”


Confused Buffy asks, “What are you talking about?”


“I was told when I came to goode olde Sunnyhell, that the Slayer was strong, she killed the Master and she had friends that were hands off, if we didn’t want the wrath of the Slayer.”


“But you never went after them.” Buffy clearly stated.


“Nope I would rather take it up with the Slayer herself, than her mates. Spike says patting her thigh that was against his leg, before asking “What do you say we start getting ready to go out?”


“Take me upstairs, Vampire.”


“I’ll Vampire you, Slayer,” He tells her as he picks her up and carries her upstairs with him. He takes her into the bathroom and sits her on the closed toilet seat, while he turns to the tub and starts to run water in it. “It will have to be a quick bath tonight, are we doing your hair again?”


“No just wet my hair, I would like to wear it down.”


_____________________________________________________________________________________


1.5 hours later they are entering the Bronze and join their group of friends and Willow’s new love interest Tara at their usual couch, back by the stairs.


Getting up from his spot, Xander asks “Why don’t I just go and get the first round of drinks?”

An hour later after they had gotten a second round of drink, Spike feels Buffy start to tense up on his lap. So he asks “What is it, luv?” Then he starts to kiss his claim mark lightly to try and calm her down some.


“Riley” was all she said to him, before she heard Spike growl, while looking over at the table his eyes have landed on.


Hissing at him, she says, “Stop it we don’t want to draw attention to us.”


Looking back at her, he says, “Your right, sorry luv.”


_____________________________________________________________________________________


*****At Riley’s table*****


Just as Buffy and Spike notice Riley, Graham notices Buffy and her friends. “Well I guess Buffy is back from hiding.” He then tells the people that are with him.


“And just what do you mean by that?” Riley asks with a hint of anger in his voice.


“Well she is right over there, with her friends and a man I’ve never seen before.” Graham tells them as he points in the direction of Buffy and her friends.


Riley follows his finger, to see where Buffy is with her friends. “What would most likely be her Mate, my guess he is Hostile 17, and you have seen him before, he was there when her rescue party came. Professor Walsh knows about her Mate and wants us to see where this will go.”


“Guess we will have to keep an eye on them and let the Professor know in the morning.” Forrest says speaking for the first time since they have noticed Buffy.


“I don’t think they will do anything in public,” Forrest tells them before he adds, “And we won’t either unless it is in self defence.”


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Back at Buffy couch she is on with Spike and her friends.


While Riley and his friends are having their conversation about Buffy and her friends, Buffy and her friends are talking about Riley and his buddies.


“So what is wrong, with Wonder Fang?” Xander asks when he hears Spike’s growl.


“Riley is here.” Buffy simply states to everyone.


Bursting with anger, Xander says, “What shouldn’t he be locked up, somewhere.”


Shyly, Willow says, “It seems like the Initiative has been keeping him hidden.”


“Most likely trying to find a way to make him look innocent.” Spike suggest with a snort.


“Wouldn’t the police need to talk to me, in order to put him away?” Buffy asks.


“The Doc had more than enough information, when you were in the hospital, as well as your Watcher to them about his confession on why he did it.”


Looking at where Riley is quickly she says, “As long as he leaves us alone, I don’t really care what happens to him.”


“Are you crazy Buffy? He needs help.” Xander says with anger.


“And I am sure the Military is giving him that help,” She states before she said, “Now let’s enjoy out night.”


“I say yay to that.” Xander says.


“Absolutely” Willow adds.


“Great now, who wants to dance, because I want someone to dance with.” Buffy asks all her friends.


“Not to burst your bubble but, how do you plan on dancing, when you can’t move?” Spike asked her.


“I don’t care I want to dance.” Buffy said with a pout.


“Come on, then Buffy, Tara lets go dance.” Willow says getting up to take Buffy wheelchair.


Spike lifts Buffy off of him, and straps her back into the wheelchair, “Have fun luv,” He tells her once he is finished.


“I will,” She says as Willow starts to push her way.


“Me too,” Anya says getting up to join them, looking back at Xander she says, “Girls are dancing, men can do, well men can do what men do.” She then runs off to join the others on the dance floor.


“So how do you want to do this, Buffy?” Tara asks.


“Take my arms, and move me, in a dancing motion.”


Both Willow and Tara take and arm, while Anya moves the chair she is in back and forth.


After a few minutes, Buffy starts to laugh, “This is great thanks guys.”


“You know we would do anything for you.” Willow tells her.


Before Buffy could reply, the song ended and a slow song came on. Spike walked up to join Buffy on the dance floor and Xander joined Anya, Willow and Tara started to dance together. Once Spike gets to Buffy he undoes her straps and lifts her up to him, to start dancing with her.
Chapter 23 by smlcspike
Author's Notes:
Thanks again to spike mrs for editting this and for all the reviews. It is sad to say that for some reasons you now have to log in to review. Again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mate’s Pain


Chapter 23


*****3 Weeks later*****


“So when do we get the keys?” Buffy asked Spike after he had helped her eat some breakfast.


“Friday just after sunset,” he tells her as he takes the empty bowl to the sink, so he can rinse it and put it in the dishwasher.


“So in about 2 days, maybe by then I will be able to unlock the door.” She tells him with a big smile as she is also thinking about how she has been able to start using her one arm some.


Knowing how much this means to her, he says “If you can’t, I will help you. You have yet to move your left arm and still have trouble holding things in your right hand.”


“But I can hold things that is start,” She tells him as she thinks back to what body part of his she had in her hand this morning.


“A very good start, I certainly felt it when I woke up.” Spike tells her also thinking of where her hand was on his body this morning, when he woke up.


Coyly, she says “I’m sure I could use some more practice with that.”


Spike groans, “Oh god, yes,” Then he picks her up and carries her back upstairs to their room.


Once they are upstairs, he quickly sheds her of her shirt and bra, as well as his shirt. Then he removes both their pants and lays her on the bed beside him. He then gently guides her hand to his cock and wraps it around his rock hard shaft.


After a few minutes of Buffy opening and closing her hand around his cock, it slide to the bed between them, Spike rolls up on her, making sure to keep his weight off of her and kisses her, while saying, “that’s all right luv, a few minutes is better than nothing.” He then kisses her again.


As Spike is kissing her, he gently slides her legs apart with one hand so he can fit in between them, once he can fit in between them he thrusts his hips forward and slides his cock right into her.


“Oh god, Spike that feels so good.”


Spike grins at her and says, “Maybe you are starting to get a little more feeling back, it has been a while.” Then he goes back to the task at hand.


As he rocks himself back and forth and slides in and out of her body slow, she says “I love you, and I am going to cum.”


“Then cum for me Buffy.”


“Screaming out “Spike” as she Cums, and tightens her muscles around him, causing him to cum as well with a roar of her name, “Buffy.”


After a few minutes of heavy panting, Spike pulls himself out of Buffy and pulls the covers up over her and himself before taking her in his arms and falling asleep with her.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Friday night, after Spike and Buffy get the keys


“So where are we meeting everyone,” Spike asks as they leave the home that they just received keys for.


“Moms” Buffy tells him as they, get in the car and start to drive back to Joyce’s house.


“So we meet them in an hour, and then take them back to our house?” Spike questions Buffy.


“That is the plan,” Buffy say back to him.


Wanting to makes sure of something, Spike asks “They are aware the house will be empty?”


“Yep, they just want to see where we will be living.”


“Fine but the first night in our house, I don’t want anyone to show up.” Spike tells her.


“They won’t, I’ll make sure of that.” Buffy replies to him.


“Glad we are on the same page there, luv.” He tells her as he pulls the car into the driveway.


___________________________________________________________________________________


1 hour and 20 minutes later, the gang was pulling up in front of Buffy and Spike’s new house.

Spike then crouches down with Buffy sitting on his knee and hands her the key, to the house. With out looking at the others, he says “I told Buffy that I would let her unlock the door for the very first time,” then he helps steady her arm, to unlock the door.


Buffy puts the key in the lock and turns it till she hears it unlock. “I did it, she says with excitement as she continues to unlock the door.


“That you did, now can you open the door.” Spike asks her after he acknowledges that she has unlocked the door.


Removing the key and dropping it in Spike’s waiting hand, she says “I think so.”


Seeing she is having problems lifting her arm to the door knob to open it, Spike guides it to the door knob and helps her open it “We’ll work on that luv,” He tells her as he picks her up and carries her into the house, Giles brings her wheelchair over to them, so he can set her down. “Thanks” Spike said to him as he redid up Buffy’s straps.


Spike then turns to everyone who just entered the room, “Well everyone have a look around.”


After everyone has walked off to look around, Buffy reaches up and grabs Spike’s hand. When he feels Buffy take has hand, he bends down to her. “Thanks” She said to him.


“Buffy you know, I would do anything for you, I am not saying that because you are my Mate, Dru left me because I was in love with you, I might not have shown it when I came back, a few months ago, but I really don’t think I would have been able to kill you.”


“Good, because I know I never really wanted to kill you, only if I had too.” She tells him.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


15 Minutes later, her friends and family were meeting them back in the living room.


“It is such a lovely house you have chosen,” Joyce tells them both.


“Yes quite, I am curious to see how you are going to decorate it.” Giles tells them.


“That is arriving Monday night.” Spike tells him.


“If you need any help, you know we will help right?” Willow asks as she comes back into the living room with Tara.


“I know Wills, but not Monday night, we want that night just for ourselves.” Buffy tells her.


“I understand.”


“Alright time to go,” Spike says as he sees everyone is back into the living room.


“So pizza and movie,” Xander asks as he leaves the house with Anya.


“Yep already have the VCR ready,” Buffy says as they make their way out of the house.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Monday evening, at Buffy and Spike house, after the furniture has arrived, and is somewhat set up.


Spike sits on the couch beside Buffy, as he blows out an unneeded breath, he says “Well luv, that’s all I am doing for tonight, the bed is up and ready though. So what do you want to do now?”


Buffy reaches over and grabs him with all the strength she has, and pulls him to her, before saying, “As if you don’t know, Vampire.”


Being shocked at what she has, just done, he doesn’t realize he is not kissing her, till she stops kissing him.


“You know it normally works better, if the other person returns the kiss.”


“I, I, Oh bloody hell, Buffy do you realize what you just had the strength to do?”


“Yeah hurt my neck and back like hell, but would you at least kiss your Mate, then we can discuss where we will start to christen the house.”


“Love the way that mind of yours works.” He says as he starts to kiss her.
Chapter 24 by smlcspike
Author's Notes:
Please read AN: at end of chapter. It is sad to say that there is only on chapter left after this. Thanks to spikes mrs for editting this and for all the reveiws. I have also openned my account back up so anyone can review. I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mate’s Pain


Chapter 24


1.5 months after Buffy and Spike buy the house


1.5 months later, Spike is walking into the Magic Box after Buffy’s Doctors appointment.


“So what did the Doctor say?” Willow asks when she sees her friend come into the shop.


“Again I surprised him with how well I am doing, he told me if I keep it up I should be walking within about a months time.” Buffy tells them all with a bright smile on her face, as her and Spike join them all at the table.


A round of “That’s great Buffy” sounded through the room.


“Thanks guys, I can’t wait to start patrolling again. It has been so long,” Buffy tells them.


“Yeah but, we get rid of that energy someway, don’t we?” Spike says with a raise eyebrow just before Buffy punches him in the arm.


“Ow! Slayer, you really know how to pack a punch.” Spike exclaims as he rubs his arm.


“Maybe, but you love me anyways.” She says as she locks her brakes and undoes her seatbelt, then moves her hands over to Spike’s legs and pushes herself up into Spike’s lap.


Spike then moves Buffy on his lap until he has her in a comfortable position for both of them.


“Buffy I didn’t realize you have gotten strong enough to lift yourself that high. Giles says to her, after he watched her get settled on Spike‘s lap.


“Not much I can’t do now.” She states.


“Lots of stuff I wish you would not do.” Spike tells her; concerned for everything he has caught her doing.


“I would think you want her to be selfish ant.” Giles inquires to Spike.


“Not when it can harm her,” Spike tells him while he also shows his concern to Buffy about the issue; with using the bond they share as well as letting her hear it in his voice.


“I’m sorry; I didn’t realize you saw it like that.” She informs him after he has shown her through the bond they share.


“Thank you, that is all that I ask,” he says as he gives her a quick kiss, before turning to the rest of the group. “So what is on the agenda for tonight?”


With disgust in his voice, Xander says, “Ethan Rayne.”


“Don’t think I know a Bloke named that.” Spike says as he tries to recall the name.


Willow starts with, “People turning into their, Halloween costumes.”


Then Xander adds, “Putting a tattoo on Buffy’s neck to have the demon go after her and not him.”


Buffy continues showing Spike through their link of what happen with Joyce and Giles as well as saying it, “Band candy, turning adults into teenagers.”


Thinking of what he just saw, Spike quickly says “Right then we don’t want that happening again, now do we?”


“So do we know why Ethan is in Sunnydale?” Buffy asks.


“He wants to meet with me, says he knows something about the Initiative, and the Slayer.” Giles tells everyone.


At the mention of Buffy, Spike lets out a growl, so Buffy pats his arm and says “Hush down, Honey.”


Giles then says, “To be quite honest I actually feel the same way as Spike but we don’t know what it is about Buffy.” Giles then points out.


“Your not going to meet him, are you Giles?” Willow asks with concern.


“Actually we are all going to meet him; I believe it would be better to have him meet us on our terms, so I am having him come tomorrow night.” Giles explains to everyone.


“You’re having someone like him come in to the shop?” Anya tries to ask calmly.


Getting up to comfort his girlfriend, Xander says “An, I am sure Giles knows what he is doing.”


“Yes quite right, I am casting a spell tonight that I should have done, when I bought the shop. No magic is going to be allowed in the front section of the shop.” Giles explains to the group.


“But what about us?” Willow questions, but before Giles can answer her, Tara pipes in and says “That is a very good idea, Mr. Giles.”


“Why thank you Tara, now Ethan will be here at 9:30 tomorrow night, so I suggest that everyone be well rested for when he comes.” Giles says in a suggestion to the group.


“So we have no research to do, movie night or should we Bronze it?” Xander asks.


Buffy looks at Spike, clearly letting him see what she wants, so he answers. “Get the munchies and the movie and met us at the house in an hour.”


Xander, Anya, Willow and Tara all get up to leave the shop, as they leave there is a round of “Goodnight Giles,” as they head to the door.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


The next night, at the Magic Box.


“So what exactly is going to happen?” Xander asks as he sits down at the table.


“Hopefully he is going to be willing, to tell us what is going on; after all he did come to us.” Giles replies to Xander.


“That is the thing I don’t understand, Ethan has always been bad, whenever he has been in Sunnydale. Why would we want to trust him now?” Buffy asks from her spot next to Spike.


“Who said we were, trusting him?” Giles asks before continuing, “I will listen then we will research what he said.”


“Why Ripper, I should be appalled that you have lack of trust in me.” Ethan says from where he is standing just inside the door to the shop.


With a growl that could out do Spike, Giles says “Have a seat Ethan.”


Ethan then moves to the table and takes one of the empty seats, as he looks around he notices a few things before his eyes land on Buffy and says, “Why I see the rumours are true, that the Eternal walks among us.”


Pulling Buffy onto his lap, Spike asks before ending in a growl, “What is that suppose to mean?”


“Oh the Eternal’s Mate, no less William the Bloody. How fitting that you would Mate with a Slayer, whose power has yet be determined.”


“Let me worry about my Slayer, and tell me why you’re asking to meet with me.” Giles says from his seat beside Spike, where Buffy was sitting earlier.


“There is and unbalance in the underworld, when I looked into it, they were not crossing over because of some group called the Initiative. The Hellmouth, the demons don’t want to be used for the secret project 314. Just with in the last couple of months the project has been put on hold and a new project is now in the works.” Ethan explains to them.


“What would this new project be? Ethan” Giles asks.


“It seems they believed that Slayers were a myth, but we know they are not, before the Eternal got injured, the head person, had already ordered someone to capture her. I guess you retrieved her in time.” Ethan tells them


Spike let out a growl and everyone that could reach him, reached over to touch him to help calm him down, as well as Buffy mentally talking to him, and then she registered something that Ethan had said, “You knew I was hurt?”


“Yes, when someone heard the rumours of the Eternal, they intergraded themselves into your world, they have been doing my research and it what brought me here today.” Ethan answered her.


“Why would they want to come here? Would they not want to fear Buffy?” Willow asks.


“Because like a Vampire has minions and Eternal once they reach their full power can have followers, in the underworld when she goes down there to visit.” Ethan explains to Willow.


“Again, could we leave the business of my Slayer, and you continue to tell me why you are here.” Giles grits out angrily.


“It would seem that some demons that can shape shift put themselves to work in the Initiative, and recently they have found out that a Mrs. Maggie Walsh that runs the whole operation has been giving the other Slayer drugs to wake her up.”


“What would they want, with Faith?” Buffy asks.


“She figures that a Slayer would make a great Soldier and wants to make and army like the Slayer.”


“Can she do that?” Willow asks.


“Not if you get to her first, which shouldn’t be much of a problem, and then after the underworld hears that the rumours of the Eternal are not rumours, you will have more demons to help you than her entire organization. Now I suggest you read this and if you have any questions contact me.” Ethan tells Giles as he hands him a package and leave the shop.


“That was wow.” Xander says.


“Yes, quite indeed.” Giles says getting up and retreating to his office.


AN: I know this is out of character for Ethan but he did come to Giles in season 4 about 314 and the fact that it was on Giles turf with a no magic no turning Giles into a demon. Also I was thinking back to what happened with Willow in season 6, and the ruining of the shop after Tara died..

smlcspike
Chapter 25 by smlcspike
Author's Notes:
Well its the last chapter, please read note at end. Thanks to all the reviews and to spikes mrs for editting this. Again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Mate’s Pain


Chapter 25 Buffy starts to walk again.


3 weeks later at the Magic Box, Spike and Buffy came in for their daily exercise routine. “Ah good you’re here,” Giles says as he sees them walk into the front of the shop from the back covered entrance where Spike can park his car before the sun goes down.


“We come around this time everyday, Giles.” Buffy tells him as Spike takes a seat at the research table, since it is easier for Buffy to get closer to him than his usual position on the stairs or countertop.


“Yes, I am aware of that, it just that I have been investigating what Ethan told us, and have been able to determine that it is true, I have even been in contact with a couple of demons on the list he left with us.” Giles tells them as he takes a seat at the table as well.


Unsure about what Giles has just said, she asks quietly, “So what do we do about it?”


“We wait and see what is thrown at us next.” Giles suggests to her.


“Well you do that, I need to work on being able to walk again,” Buffy tells him as she starts to head off to the training room, with Spike getting up and following her.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Once in the training room, she asks as she puts the brake on to the wheelchair and slides out of it, “So what are we going to be working on today, Sir.”


“I’ll Sir, you. But first we need to get you changed.” He then picks her up and walks her to the bathroom, so she can get changed.


After he helps her change into her work out clothes, be brings he back and places her on the mat, lying down. “Now lets get started with your ankles, the good Doctor said you neck has totally healed now and should be able to start putting weight on your legs anytime now.”


“Hope so I am getting so tired of this chair.”


“I know luv, it won’t be too long before you can walk again, if we work at it.” He tells her as he picks up her right leg.


He starts to rub his hands over her ankle, the way the doctor has shown him, to help loosen the muscles before he takes the foot and gently starts to flex it back and forth, a few times. He then starts to feel a movement against his hand, so he looks down to see her wiggling her toes against his hand.


“Pet what are you doing?”


“Wiggling my toes,” She answers honestly to him.


“I can see that, but why?” He asks still trying to figure out what she has started to wiggle her toes against his hand.


Honestly she tells him, “Because you like when I do it at home, and you also forgot to start with them.”


“Don’t need to work on them; in fact I don’t really think I need to do too much anymore. I am just warming you up, and then was going to start doing something I believe you are more than ready for.” He tells her with a smile.


“And what would that be?” She asked trying to pick out from there shared link what he is thinking.


“After I am happy that you have moved your body enough, I am taking you over to that horse thing over there and you can practice standing.”


“Well what are you waiting for?” She questions him as she starts to wiggle her toes again.


“Calm down luv, we’ll get to that when you are good and ready,” Spike informs her, letting her see he doesn’t plan on rushing it, and picks up doing the exercises the doctor showed him again.


After Spike had done the warm up, he puts both legs together and raises them, slightly bent at the knees. As he leans over them he says to her, “If you can’t take some of my weight, you won’t be able to stand.”


Grabbing him, she flings him over her head as she rolls with him, to straddle his waist, as she goes to kiss him, she says, “You think I am weak,” Then she kisses him.


Standing in the doorway, Giles clears his throat, and says “No you are definitely not weak.”


Looking up, she says “Sorry Giles.”


“Don’t be, I just came to tell Spike we will be leaving in about 10 minutes.” Then he walked back into the main room of the shop.


“Right then, I’ll just go change the Slayer and will be out.” Spike says as he starts to get up with Buffy still straddling him.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


20 minutes later, the guys have all headed out to patrol, so Buffy waits another 10 minutes to make sure they haven’t forgotten anything, and might have to come back before she speaks up. “Alright guys, I need your help but you can’t tell Spike, or Anyone.”


“What is it, Buffy?” Willow asks a little unsure of what she might be agreeing too.


“I think, I might be able to start walking again, but I want to surprise Spike.” She informs everyone.


“Of course we will help, and we won’t say a thing either,” Willow tells her as she gets up from her spot at the table. “Let’s go the sooner, we get started the longer we have.”


Tara also got up and followed, Buffy and Willow, but Anya stayed at the counter.


“Coming, Anya?” Buffy asks.


“Soon, I just want to finish counting the money, and then I will be in.”


_____________________________________________________________________________________


20 minutes later, Anya was entering the training room to see, Willow walking backwards holding Buffy hands and Tara pushing the wheelchair behind Buffy so she could sit if she got tired.


“You’re doing great, Buffy.” Anya tells her as she closes the training room door behind her.


“Yeah, I am so now let’s stop.” Buffy tells everyone.


Right away Willow stopped walking, “Do you need help sitting down again.” Willow then asked her friend ready to help her.


“No, I just want to stand for a couple of minutes, so you think you could let go.” Buffy asks Willow who was still holding her hands.


“Are you sure you are ready for that?” Tara asks trying not to hide her worry.


“Spike doesn’t know it, but the other day; I was sliding off the counter and almost lost my balance and had to use my legs so I would not fall.” Buffy tells the group.


“Buffy what were you thinking?” Tara asks knowing that Spike didn’t want her doing that sort of thing.


“Spike was asleep and I needed something.” She answered honestly.


“Buffy you know Spike would want you to wake him.” Willow tells her friend.


“I know, I didn’t, I was fine, but now could I please try standing on my own.”


As Willow let’s go, Anya moves to the side of Buffy, “I don’t want you to fall, but in case you do I will help you, if you need me too.”


“Gee, thanks Anya.” Buffy says.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


30 minutes later, all the girls were sitting at the research table talking quietly, when the guys came back from patrol.


Sitting down beside Buffy, Spike asks “So did you birds have a good time?”


“I’m thinking we should do this every night,” Willow suggests with a wink.


“That’s a great idea, Will’s then Spike doesn’t have to worry about me, now that he is patrolling with Giles and Xander.” Buffy says backing Willows idea with a wink back to Willow.


Holding up his hand to stop them, he says “Before you go any farther what are you birds cooking up?”


“Who say we are planning anything Honey,” Buffy says hoping he won’t pick up the lie in her voice.


“You’re forgetting I know you Slayer,” Spike tells her not letting her know he has clearly picked up on that lie.


“Honestly I am not planning anything.” Then as an after thought she says. “Well there is this.” She says as she sends him an R-rated picture through the link.


“Then what are we still doing here?” Spike asks as he quickly gets up and starts to leave the shop, with Buffy.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


1 week later, Buffy was finishing up her training, when the guys left to go on patrol.


“So when are you going to tell Spike, that you can walk again?” Willow asks as Buffy comes into the main part of the shop.


“Soon, it has only been a day, I haven’t figured out how yet.” Buffy tells her friends honestly.


“Maybe we could brain storm when we take a break from researching this new demon,” Tara suggests.


“We could, but I was kind of hoping to use the punching bag some tonight.”


“You do that we can work it out, when you are done.” Willow tells her.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


1 hour later, Buffy gets up from the table, “I need to stretch so I am going to go and hit the bag for a few minutes.” She then turns and wheels herself onto the training room.


Once inside, she parks the chair off to the side and gets out and walks over to the punching bag stopping at the area to tape her hands up, then she starts to punch lightly at the bag.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


20 minutes later, Xander comes into the shop slightly out of breath “You don’t need to research that demon anymore, because Spike killed it and is on his way back as well.” Once he finished talking he takes a seat in the chair beside Anya and looks around. “Where’s Buffy?”


“She is in the training room; she wanted a break from researching.” Anya answers, for everyone.


“And why would she be in the training room, and all of you out here?” Spike asks hearing what Anya had said as he entered the shop.


“She needed to stretch.” Anya tells him without thinking.


Walking to the training room door, he says “Right then, I’ll just be in there over seeing that.”


As he gets to the training room door, Willow’s voice stops him. “Don’t go to hard on her.” He turns quickly to her and says “I won’t,” Then walks in the door.


Once inside the training room, he closes the door behind him and takes in the sight in front of him, for a couple of minutes he just stands there watching her. Then he slowly walks up to her and raises a hand to the arm getting ready to swing at the punching bag. “I think the thing I miss the most with this chip in my head, is not being able to fight you.”


She then turns in his arms, and his hands automatically go to her waist, “If you wouldn’t have gotten chipped we wouldn’t be mated now.”


Backing her up towards the wall, he tells her, “I would like to think we would eventually get together.” Then he kisses her, after ending the kiss, he asks her, “So luv, how long have you been walking?”


“By myself, since last night, sorry I wanted to surprise you.” She tells him as she bites her lip.


“Well that you can say I was, but I knew you were up to something.” He tells her point blankly.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


The next afternoon, Giles calls Buffy and Spike’s place.


“Hello,” Buffy says answering the ringing phone.


“Hello, Buffy, It is Giles. I am calling to inform you that Faith is awake and currently missing.”


“Alright, I will take Spike and we’ll go and look for her tonight.” Buffy tells him, wanting to get back into patrolling.


“Who we looking for?” Spike asks as he starts to wake up beside Buffy.


“Faith.”


“I’ll go with your Watcher and you can stay here with you mates.” Spike tells her in a tone that she has learned you don’t argue with.


“I do believe Spike is right, Buffy.” Giles says backing up what he had heard Spike say to her.


“Fine both gang up on me.” Buffy says with a pout.


“Just doing it because we love you, luv.” Spike says as he gives her neck a kiss.


“Tell Spike that I will meet him, at your place for sundown.” Giles says as he gets ready to ring off.


“Oh fine, I will talk to you later.”


“Goodbye Buffy,” Giles says before he hangs up.


___________________________________________________________________________________


Just after sundown, Giles and Spike are making their way out into the night, in search of the rogue Slayer.


“The Council is looking for her as well tonight, if we are lucky one of us will find her before the Initiative does.” Giles explains to Spike, as they walk through one of the many graveyards.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


1 hour later, Spike and Giles were walking through Restfield Cemetery, when they came across Faith, fighting a gang of Vampires.


Right away Giles and Spike jump in to help her fight them, once the gang is killed, Faith turns to Giles and says “Looks like B, has been slacking off a bit again.”


Growling Spike says, “You leave the other Slayer out of it, you don’t know anything about her.”


Faith lunges at him, and he reaches out to defend himself, and accidentally hits Faith, sending himself to the ground holding his head in pain.


Seeing that Giles is distracted with the Vampire, Faith makes a run for it.


Noticing that he has let his concern for the Vampire, has let Faith get away, he then walks over to Spike and puts his hand on his shoulder, before asking. “I have been meaning to ask you, have you thought about getting the chip removed?”


The End


AN: I know I left it with a cliff-hanger, that was the plan, it is open for a sequel, I haven’t decided if I will do one right now, I have lots of other Fic’s I am also working on.

What happened to Riley was never in my plan for this fic, I don’t know if I would add a court case in a sequel or not, Faith waking up was and maybe her joining the Initiative again that would be sequel base and Giles end question to Spike was always my stopping point you can guess at what he would say, but then again you never know.

Thank you

smlcspike
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=26323