Love for Sale by Gillypod
Summary: Spike, the owner of a speakeasy in 1930's New York, employs Buffy as a singer and beds her every night. He has strong feeling for her, but is she just using him....Written as a response to a challenge by Smugiboo - you can check the link here - http://community.livejournal.com/spuffy_fantasy/5077.html#cutid1
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 20361 Read: 5645 Published: 06/01/2007 Updated: 11/13/2007

1. Revelations by Gillypod

2. Secrets and Lies by Gillypod

3. Sentimental Journey by Gillypod

4. Two out of three ain't bad by Gillypod

5. High Noon by Gillypod

Revelations by Gillypod
Author's Notes:
Please tell me that you are not fed up with historical fiction. If you like it, I will take the story further...after all we all like the Spuffy
Chapter 1 – Revelations


Buffy sat in her dressing room, smiling at the words written on the piece of paper held tightly in her hands. The words swam before her eyes as the tears she dare not shed filled her eyes. Her heavy stage makeup had taken almost an hour to apply, and she could not allow tears to waste her efforts.

Her working face covered in greasepaint shone under the stark lights. Her shiny red lips and kohl-rimmed green eyes, stared back at her from the mirror. She wore the marks of her trade well, but she felt no pride.

Looking up at the cracked smoke-stained ceiling, she blinked the tears away. Folding the letter carefully, she hid it inside her purse. He could not see it. He must never know her secret. Scared he would go through her purse when they got back to his apartment; she quickly removed the letter and hid it at the back of her dressing table drawer. She would read it again tomorrow, when she was alone. He was always busy balancing the books in the afternoon, she would have time then.

Nervously she checked her reflection again. He would pick up on any sign of distress, and she was sure she would not be able to lie to him tonight. The letters always affected her this way, and she was determined he find her happy and content.

He didn’t like it when she was sullen. He didn’t like it at all.

Practising her best smile, she glanced at the clock on the wall. Ten minutes to show time, he would be here any moment. He always came to check on her before a performance. He said it was to wish her luck, but she knew it was to make sure she was alone.

She was his. His lover, his possession and his trained temptress to pleasure him in any way he wished. He had created her to please only him.

And she hated him with every fibre of her being.

The sound of footsteps alerted her to his presence. She knew it was him. Every night for three years he made the walk from his office to her dressing room. Every night she would listen for the sounds of his footsteps with hatred in her heart. Every night he made her feel like the whore she felt she had become.

Turning slowly in her chair, she trained her eyes on the closed door and waited for the handle to turn. A loving smile was painted on her lips as he entered the room.

“Evening Luv” he greeted, his smile warm and tender.

“Hi Spike, come to wish me luck?”

Smiling indulgently at his mistress, Spike replied. “Three years you’ve worked for me pet, you should know by now that we say ‘Break a Leg’ instead of ‘Good Luck’.”

Flustered by his teasing, she merely smiled back at him. He was in a good mood tonight, last nights profits must have been good. He seemed to tease her more and more these days, maybe the club was doing well. With a quick glance at the clock, she noticed she was due to appear on stage any moment. Holding out her hand for her lover to take, she allowed him to hold her fingers within his grasp. Every night he walked her to the stage holding her hand; his actions letting everyone know just to whom she belonged.

She hated it; she wanted to belong to no one.

Before she could gather her thoughts, she was standing in the middle of the stage; the bright lights blinding her vision. She could see none of the patrons of the club past the first few tables. The smells washed over her, slightly turning her stomach. Rot-gut whiskey, home-made gin, cheap perfume and the over-whelming stench of stale humanity assailed her nostrils. Spike might think he owned a high-class joint, but he was wrong.

The small six-piece band started the introduction to the song she has chosen to sing tonight. He had seriously pissed her off last week with his ‘you belong to me’ attitude, and she wanted to get back at him. When she had heard Cole Porter’s latest hit on the radio two days ago, and had moved heaven and earth to find the sheet music. He would be angry and he would take it our on her body, but the words of the song reflected how she felt about their relationship.

The words of the song had touched her soul, and she knew she just had to sing it.


When the only sound in the empty street,
Is the heavy tread of the heavy feet
That belong to a lonesome cop
I open shop.
When the moon so long has been gazing down
On the wayward ways of this wayward town.
That her smile becomes a smirk,
I go to work.
Love for sale,
Appetising young love for sale.
Love that's fresh and still unspoiled,
Love that's only slightly soiled,
Love for sale.
Who will buy?
Who would like to sample my supply?
Who's prepared to pay the price,
For a trip to paradise?
Love for sale
Let the poets pipe of love
in their childish way,
I know every type of love
Better far than they.
If you want the thrill of love,
I've been through the mill of love;
Old love, new love
Every love but true love
Love for sale.
Appetising young love for sale.
If you want to buy my wares.
Follow me and climb the stairs
Love for sale.
Love for sale.

Spike stared at the woman on the stage holding his patrons in the palm of her hand with her beautiful voice. He knew that she was trying a new song tonight, but he had been busy for the last couple of days and had not had time to listen to her practice. As he had sat in his office balancing the books and the holding meetings with his bootlegger, only the haunting melody of the song had penetrated his inner sanctum.

Sitting at the bar staring at her, the words of the song filled his head. Why was she singing about being a whore? He never treated her as a whore. Admittedly he paid her to work in his club. He fed her, clothed her and shared her bed, but he did not pay her for sex.

Did he?

The trailing notes of the melody faded out as the patrons of the club rose to their feet to cheer. Anger filled his soul and he needed to speak to her alone. He needed answers and he needed them now. Straining through the crowd, he made his way to the stage. By the time he reached it she had gone. Pushing his patrons aside, he made his way to her dressing room.

“What the fuck was that about?” he exploded as he thundered through her door.

Smirking, Buffy stared him down. Innocently, she turned the question back on him. “Excuse me? Just what the fuck was what about, and who do you think you’re shouting at?”

Spike’s eyes narrowed as he looked at her. “You, Buffy. I’m shouting at you.”

Calmly she walked to the door of her dressing room, and closed it firmly. “You don’t get to raise your voice to me, Spike. You should remember that.” Slowly she made her way towards him, stopping only when their bodies touched. “You may fuck me Spike, but you don’t own me.”

Suddenly his hands were in her hair, pulling her head back. “You fucking bitch,” he whispered as his mouth descended on hers. His kiss was neither playful nor gentle. Taking her mouth in a blaze of anger, he dug his lips against hers. For endless seconds she resisted him, keeping her mouth firmly closed against his stabbing tongue. When she didn’t respond, he moved one hand to the rounded cheek of her ass, and pulled her hard against his raging erection. Moving his other hand to her jaw he pulled her mouth open, daring her to resist.

The moment his tongue touched hers, she melted against him. Her hands threaded through his thick bleached hair as she pulled him closer. Her leg lifted of its own accord to wrap itself around his waist, opening her body to him. Spike moved his hand to her raised thigh and pulled her closer against his aroused body. He knew she was as turned on as he, and he ground his cloth-covered erection against her cleft.

His anger drained away as their mutual arousal perfumed the room. “Gotta see it, kitten” he breathed against her lips. “Show me.”

She didn’t pretend to misunderstand him, nor did she keep him waiting. Extracting her body from his now loose grip, she slowly moved back from him. Her eyes never left his as she gently lifted her dress over her head. Soft silk French knickers, the suspenders holding her stockings in place were her only covering. Tight, high pink tipped breasts swayed before him.

“What do you want to see, lover?” she asked, coyly licking her bottom lip. Gently she placed the fingers of one hand in her mouth, licking seductively at the tips. Her eyes still held his and she could see them darken in lust. Watching her turn herself on was one of the many tricks he had taught her in their time together, and he knew she hated doing it.

When she was sure her fingertips were coated with her saliva, she moved her hand slowly to her breast. Rubbing her own fingers into her swollen nipples, she gasped softly at the sensation and closed her eyes. Her pussy was already wet, and she gave an involuntary shiver as she pressed her legs together.

Spike pounced. There was no other way to describe how quickly he removed her talented fingers to replace them with his mouth. He pushed her back against the door while he devoured her breast. Moving his questing mouth from one nipple to the other, she pulsated under his lips. He had such a talented mouth……..when he chose to use it.

As suddenly as he had started to suck her breast, he stopped.

“You know the rules, luv” he smirked down at her upturned face. He knew she hated doing this, but she deserved to be punished. “Now strip off those pretty knickers for me and push your fingers so far up your hole I can’t see them.”

Still in a sensual shock, Buffy stared at him. She hated when he made her masturbate in front of him, even more so when he wanted her to use ‘toys’, but she knew she had to do it. A fit of pique had made her want to sing that song for some slight that she could not even remember now. He made her so angry sometimes, but the letter hidden at the back of her drawer reminded her why she was doing this.

“Is that what your really want, Spike” she whispered. “Why not let me play with you instead?”

“Maybe later, luv” he whispered back, the smile evident in his voice. “Right now, nothing would please me more than to watch you finger-fuck your tight little cunny.”

She knew she had no choice. He had taught her well how to bring herself off quickly. A few minutes and she would scream her release and then he would fuck her blind.

Stripping the knickers from her body, she moved to sit on the dressing table determined to give him a good view. As she lifted her ass to seat it on the powdered surface, his hands dropped to her shoulders and he lifted her face for his kiss.

“Not that way, Buffy” his voice husky with arousal. “Turn around and point your ass at me. I want to watch you from behind.”

Inwardly she breathed a sigh of relief. If he was behind her, then he could not see her face or the humiliation she felt whenever he asked her to do this for him. Shimming her body for his enjoyment, she turned and bent low over the table, her ass high in the air and her legs wide apart. With the fingers of her right hand, she started to slowly circle her hole, dipping first one finger then another into her tight opening. She was surprised just how wet she was as her fingers easily moved in and out.

Sitting comfortably in her chair, Spike settled down to watch. She had become so good at this, no matter how much she hated it. He watched as her head turned sideways on the dressing table, her eyes closed in ecstasy as she finger-fucked her tight shaven pussy. She would come soon, he knew, and she would be expecting him to fuck her into her next orgasm.

He knew she didn’t love him, but she craved the feelings he brought her when they had sex.

Silently rising from his chair, he quietly kicked off his shoes. She was still finger-fucking her hole, as he released his thick hard cock from the confines of his pants. Stepping out of his fallen pants, he stealthily moved behind her.

“Enjoying that are we kitten?” he breathed against her back. Stoking her spine gently, he could feel the movement of her hand increase as she neared her orgasm. “Enough, Buffy” he told her. “Get your fingers out pet, I want to put something else in there.”

She was almost too far gone to comply. Her legs were trembling and she could feel her toes tingle as her orgasm approached. Why did he want to stop her now? He usually waited until she came by her own hand before he fucked her. What did he intend to do? There was an audible ‘pop’ as her fingers, thick with her own cream, slid out of her channel.

“Suck them” he demanded from behind. “Suck them clean, baby.”

Lifting her slick fingers to her mouth, she sucked them into her mouth. Spike watched her for a few seconds before he aligned his weeping prick with her cunt and pushed home.

She couldn’t stop herself, she exploded around him. As her orgasm held him in its tight grip, he sawed into her cunt hard and fast. With each stroke she pushed back against him. She might hate him, but no one could fuck her like Spike. He was thick and long and knew just where to hit with each stroke. As he stroked in and out harder and faster, she moved her hand between her legs to pinch her clit.

The two lovers came together in a torrent of feeling. Collapsing against her back, Spike placed loving kisses against her neck and shoulders. Buffy was too tired to move. Within the space of a few minutes she had come twice, and she doubted her legs could move.

Spike moved back, removing his dick from her sopping hole. He relished her shivering reaction to his move, and gently slapped her ass.

“Better get cleaned up, pet” the smile evident in his voice.

“Don’t wanna,” Buffy replied, her voice sounding like small child. She had still not moved, and Spike watched his cum seep from her hole as she continued to lean over the desk. He laughed softly as he helped her to stand. Turning her round in his arms, he moved in for a kiss. Her mouth opened like a flower under his, and he relished her reaction. Only after sex did she respond to him with this level of feeling, and he was not going to deny himself the opportunity to kiss her. How he wished she would kiss him like this all the time.

Finally, Buffy broke the kiss as Spike knew she would. Her post-orgasmic haze was fading now, and bitchy Buffy was on her way back to earth. He needed to ask her something while she was still not fully recovered from their love-making. If he was lucky, her mind would still be muddled enough and she would forget to lie.

“Riley told me you got a letter today, pet.” Spike watched closely as her eyes widened in alarm. “Care to tell me who it’s from?”


~~~

Please let me know if you want this fic to continue – no comments/reviews and it will die a natural death.
Secrets and Lies by Gillypod
Author's Notes:
I was totally gob-smacked at how well this story was liked. This chapter is for all of you
Chapter 2 – Secrets and Lies.




Buffy couldn’t think of anything to say. Wide-eyed she stared at Spike willing her mouth to lie. She felt vulnerable and confused, especially in her un-clothed state, and his ocean-blue eyes seemed to pierce her very soul.

“Letter?” she queried. “Who said I got a letter?” She hoped her voice did not betray the panic she felt inside.

“The new guy on the stage door, luv.” Spike’s voice left her in no doubt that he wanted answers. “The one you’ve been flirting with for the last few weeks when he thought my back was turned.” His eyes turned into chips of ice as he continued. “The one who gave you the envelope and the one you kissed on the cheek as a ‘Thank you’.” Suddenly his grip on her arms tightened as he fought for control. “Let me see the letter, Buffy.”

Frightened, Buffy thought the best thing to do was lie. “I burned it.”

“Did you now,” he countered. “Let’s see the ashes, pet”

Thinking quickly, she looked at him in defiance. “I swept them into the trash and you know how Harry always cleans up my room when I’m on stage.”

Looking down at the waste-basket beside her dressing table, he noticed it was full of tissues from her make-up. Harry had called in sick tonight, and there had been no-one in her room but him. No one else would dare.

“Harry’s not in tonight, Buffy, so you’ll have to think up something better than that.”

Her eyes wildly scanned the room, and she knew she would have to tell him something believable. She wasn’t sure how he would react to the truth, but right now she didn’t care.

“How long have I worked for you, Spike?” she asked; her tone indifferent.

Puzzled by her question, Spike wondered if she would finally open up and tell him some truths. He let her go and handed her a robe, maybe she would open up more if she felt less vulnerable.

“Almost three years, kitten.”

Involuntarily she flinched at the endearment. “Three years,” she agreed. “And how long have I been your lover?”

Smiling at her, he tilted her head. “Almost three years. You know the answer to that question, luv. I seduced you almost as soon as you started working for me.” Leaning towards her, he whispered in her ear. “And you were the first virgin I’ve ever taken to my bed.”

Red-faced and angry at his pleasure in her humiliation, she turned on him. “Really Spike. Well I won’t be the last, will I?”

“Do you want to be the last, Buffy?”

Her mouth dropped open, and she was truly stuck for words. How did he want her to answer a question like that? He had told her at the very beginning of their ‘so-called’ relationship that she could have anything she wanted; clothes, money, cars, an apartment; but she would never have his love. Why was he asking questions like this now?

“What do you want me to say, Spike?” she angrily replied. “Do you want me to say ‘I love you’? Is that what this is all about?”

“Don’t turn this round on me, Buffy. I asked you two questions. The first was about the letter delivered to you tonight, and the other was whether you want to be the last virgin I ever sleep with.”

She stared at him for almost a minute. He was so close to her, but since she had put on her robe he had not touched her. This slightly worried her; Spike always touched her.

“The letter is none of your god-dammed business, Spike. As for the last virgin you ever sleep with, well that won’t be hard. Half the fucking chorus is trying to get you to sleep with them, and they’ve all been round the block and then some.”

Spike closed his eyes and rolled his head back on his shoulders. She was deliberately being obtuse, and this angered him. He would give her the world if she asked, but the only thing she ever asked him for was money. Afraid to ask her where all the money went, he had never questioned her about it. Maybe it was time he did.

“I’ve never slept with anyone else since I met you pet, you know that. Why are you being like this? Is it because I asked about the letter? Do you have something to hide from me, kitten?”

Something to hide from him; she had everything to hide from him. If he knew the truth, he would drop her like a hot potato, and she needed the money he gave her more than ever now. Some of her inner war must have shown on her face because he pulled her gently into his arms.

“Please talk to me Buffy,” he whispered against her hair. “Please tell me what’s wrong. I promise I won’t be angry, or annoyed or anything. Please, sweetheart, I can’t stand this not knowing any longer.”

Relaxing against him, she sighed against his chest. “I can’t.”

Trying very hard to keep his temper under control, Spike held her to him. He deliberately made his voice gentle and soothing as he spoke. “Buffy, I need you to be honest with me sweetheart. Tell me what’s wrong, and I’ll do my best to fix it. Anything you want, my angel, I’ll make sure you have it. Please Buffy, tell me about the letter.”

Moving back from the circle of his arms, she moved slowly towards her dressing table. She knew she would have to tell him the truth, and if it meant he told her to leave, then so be it. He was so angry with her, that he might just do that anyway. Maybe after all this time he had some modicum of feeling for her, and everything would be all right.

As she pulled out the drawer of the dressing table, she decided she did not want to tell him anything here. There were too many ears eager to hear what she had to say, and she wanted total privacy for their talk. As she removed the envelope, she asked over her shoulder.

“Can we do this at the apartment, Spike?”

“If that’s what you want, kitten. I’ll go and get things sorted out here, and you can come and get me in the office when you’re ready to go.” He walked over to her and cuddled her from behind. “I promise I won’t be angry Buffy. I just don’t want any secrets between us.”

He could feel her tremble in his arms, and part of him felt guilty at pushing her so hard; but he needed to know what she was hiding from him. Finally he kissed her softly on her nape, and let her go.

“Don’t be long, sweetheart.” He chided as he walked through the door.

Walking purposefully towards the stage door, his eyes searched for Riley Finn. Spike had already decided to fire the ex-serviceman for smuggling things in to Buffy, but mostly he was firing him for the way Finn looked at her.

Spike tried to deny his feelings for Buffy, and God knows he had never told her; but he loved her very much. He had coerced her into bed, convinced she had been a good time girl, only to find that he had been her first. The wonder of their first night together had never left him, and the memory of what it felt to be inside her still turned him on. She had become his life, and he was determined that he would never let her go. All that stood between them now was the secrets she kept close to her heart. Once everything was out in the open, he would ask her to marry him.

Riley Finn’s form came into view. Determined to make this quick, Spike strode towards him, his anger plain to see.

“Finn,” he barked. “Get your stuff and fuck off.”

Riley stared at Spike, his mouth open in shock. Jobs were hard to get these days, and he had been lucky to land this one. It was well paid, and the additional benefit of listening to Buffy Summers sing each night had been wonderful. The fact that she spoke to him each evening and gave him the wonder of her fantastic smile had made him weak in the knees. He had harboured hopes that she would leave Spike and come to him, but he knew that would never happen.

Finally he found his voice. “Why do I have to leave, boss?”

“I don’t need a fucking reason Finn.” Spike said harshly. “I want you out of here in the next ten minutes.”

All colour drained from Riley’s face at Spike’s words. He could not understand what he had done to bring this on. It was then he remembered the letter he had smuggled in to Buffy. Had someone seen him do it, he wondered.

Obviously they had.

Riley knew better than to try and argue his case. Spike was known throughout New York for his stubbornness and his temper. Head bowed, he made his way to his locker to collect his things.

He swore to himself that one day he would exact his revenge.

##

Now that Riley was gone, Spike made his way back to his office, resigned to waiting patiently for Buffy. All sorts of things passed through his mind. Why had she kept secrets from him, and just what type of secrets did she have.

This relationship had started as lust on his part, but had slowly turned to love – at least for him. He knew Buffy did not love him, but she was dependant on him; and for now that would have to be enough.

To pass the time, he looked over his accounts and checked the contents of his safe. The Club was doing well, and so far he had kept far away from the Mob. He knew that by not making trouble for the local Mafioso, and keeping his mouth shut about his suppliers, had meant they had left him alone. He had heard some rumours that the Irishman Angel O’Neill had been trying to stir up trouble for him, but he had dismissed them. It was not the first time that a thug straight from the Queenstown boat tried to make their mark.

He would sort the git out only when he had to. No point in starting trouble based solely on rumour. He might have done that in the past, but he was a grown-up now.

Where was she, he wondered. Determined to let her come to him this time, he used every bit of patience he possessed to stay enclosed in his office. Waiting for her was difficult; everything in him wanted him to walk the short distance to her dressing room and march her back to their apartment.

But he wouldn’t do that. This was one occasion where sense would win over impatience.

A long twenty minutes later, his eyes lifted from the paperwork on his desk. Buffy’s soft knock on the office door had broken his concentration on the books. He had resorted to doing some real work while he waited on her, anything to take his mind off what she was going to tell him. As the door slowly opened, and her blonde head peaked through, Spike managed to give her a loving smile.

Rising from his chair, he kept the smile on his face as he extended his hand for her to take. “Let’s go home, kitten.” He wanted to ask if she had brought the letter with her, but held himself in check. His mind wanted answers; his heart told him to not push for them.

Hand in hand they left the club. Buffy dimly realised that her friend, Riley, was not on the door, but she didn’t want to ask. Riley had tried his best for her, but someone had betrayed him. When she found out who had done it, she would make sure they felt her pain.

A short cab ride later, and they were outside their apartment building. Her nerves were shot to hell, and she could feel her legs shake as Spike helped her out of the car. As he led her up the tiled staircase her shaking increased. She knew she would have to tell him the truth, but she was so scared he would ask her to leave.

Spike had pulled the keys from his pocket as they had climbed the stair. He wanted to keep skin to skin contact with her, and did not want to let her go. She was trembling and he really wanted her to relax. Deliberately keeping his grip on her hand casual, he unlocked the door and led her through to the lounge.

Kissing her lightly on the forehead, he pushed her gently on to the couch. “You sit there, sweetheart. I’ll make us both a drink.” Pouring them both a shot of bourbon and soda, he returned to sit next to her. Making sure he did not sit too close, he pushed her glass between her clenched hands. “Drink sweetheart,” he gently chided. “It’ll help.”

Buffy turned her tear-stained face towards him, giving him a watery smile. Shakily she lifted the glass to her lips and took a long swallow. Her face screwed up in disgust as the liquor burned its way down her throat. Spike was right, the liquor was helping.

Carefully placing her drink on the low walnut table in front of them, she took a deep breath. Turning slightly towards him, she seated her self comfortably on the couch. Her heavy stage makeup was gone, and her eyes sparkled with unshed tears.

“I told you when we met that I had no family, Spike” she began, a trace of tears still in her voice. “I lied.” Hanging her head low, she waited on him to speak.

“Why would you tell me you didn’t have family, pet?” his confused voice reached through her misery. “I don’t understand, Buffy. Why would you lie to me?”

Her soft weeping now turned into a full flowing flood of tears. “I was ashamed.”

More confused than ever, Spike pulled her into his arms. “Why are you ashamed of your family, pet?”

Pulling angrily out of his arms, her weeping turned to laughter. “I will NEVER be ashamed of my family, Spike” she angrily spat at him. “I’m ashamed of you.”

Spike almost reeled back in shock. His hands clenched together in his lap, and his eyes turned to chips of ice as he stared back at her.

“Ashamed of me?” he whispered, the hurt evident in his voice.

All trace of tears disappeared from her eyes as she stared at him in hatred.

“My mother is dying in a hospital in California, while my sixteen year old sister tries to hold it together for her. I send them money every week to help them pay the medical bills and put food on the table.” Her green eyes flashed as she continued to speak. “Money you give me, Spike. The money you give me for being your whore.”

Rising from the couch at a great rate of knots, she ran towards the bedroom. Spike was behind her in seconds, determined to finish this conversation. She had hurt him with her words, and now he needed to have his say.

Slamming the door behind him, he leaned back against it and stared at the woman lying face down on the bed, her head buried amongst the pillows.

“I have never treated you like a whore, Buffy.”

Muffled laughter rose from the bed. “Since the day you met me, you’ve treated me as your whore.” Suddenly she turned on the bed, lying flat on her back. Her long blonde hair lay tumbled on the pillows as she smiled maliciously at him. Slowly she lifted one leg until her foot was flat on the bed. Her long silver dress rode sensuously up her body, and she slowly open her legs under his gaze. Painted red nails drew the dress higher until the front was bunched around her waist. She wore no panties.

“Isn’t this what you like, Spike?” she teased him as her fingers moved closer to her shaven crotch. “Whores play with themselves to please their customers, and you do like to see me play with myself, don’t you Spike?”

Staring at her lying on the bed they had shared for three years, while she taunted him with her words and actions, made him feel nothing but disgust. For the first time in three years, she did not turn him on. She made him feel unclean, and he didn’t know what to do.

He continued to stare at her as she pushed her fingers deep inside her. “Do you think I twiddle my fingers inside me and pretend it’s you?” Her hips started to move in rhythm with her thrusting fingers, and she never took her eyes from his face. “This is what you like, isn’t it Spike? You like to watch your whore perform, on the stage and off.”

She had pushed him too far. “You want me to treat you like a whore, Buffy?” he taunted her. “Have you started to like it now that I’ve taught you the tricks of the trade? Do you want to try your wiles on someone like Finn to see if you can get more money lying on your back?”

“You fucking evil bastard,” she screamed as she removed her hand from between her legs. “You know I’ve only ever been with you, but now you think I want to whore myself out to someone else?”

Throwing herself from the bed, she flew at him. Her hands were bunched into fists as she railed against his chest. Spike never lifted a finger, and stoically stood and let her burn her temper out; her small fists hammering against his chest. When he felt her anger recede, he gently pulled her into his arms. Her face turned into the crook of his neck, and he could feel her tears against his throat.

He knew he didn’t want to hear the answer to his next question, but he had to ask it anyway.

“Are you telling me you’ve only stayed with me for the money I’ve given you, pet?” His heart contracted in his chest, but he knew he had to find out the truth. “Don’t you have any feelings for me at all, Buffy?”

Confused and hurt, she continued to cry against his neck. “Sometimes,” she conceded after a few moments.

“Do you even like me?” he whispered against her hair. She was tearing his heart out by the roots, but it was like watching a car wreck, he had to keep this going to the bitter end.

“Sometimes,” she whispered.

He wanted to hurt her as she had hurt him. He felt broken and used, and he lashed out the only why he could.

“So when do you like me, pet?” he sneered. “When my tongue or my dick is up that money-grabbing cunt of yours? Please let me know what you prefer kitten, and I’ll be sure to comply”

He pushed her away from him in disgust, and started to pace the floor. Her head was bent low, her eyes staring at her bare toes as he started to vent.

“I have given you everything I could. Money, clothes……me.” He stopped his pacing and stared at her bent head. “You want to know what the real kicker is, sweetheart?” he asked, his voice devoid of emotion. “The kicker is that I fell in love with you.”

Suddenly her head lifted and she turned to stare at him. “You don’t love me, Spike” she declared. “You love having control of me. You love showing me off like a new suit of clothes. You love the fact that guys ogle me, but you are the one taking me home.” She stopped her tirade to walk up to him, coming to a halt when her body touched his. “You love the fact that the whole of New York knows who you fuck when the club closes down.”

“You fucking bitch.” His eyes were cloudy with emotion as he stared down into her eyes. “I fucking love you, and you still throw everything back in my face.”

“You think I believe you, Spike?”

Grabbing her face between his hands, he pulled her mouth to his.

“I don’t even care any more, Buffy.” He whispered as her mouth opened under his.

Tongues, teeth and lips battled for domination. Neither would win this battle of wills, and they both knew it. She may not love him, but she loved how he made her feel during sex. Clothes ripped under impatient hands, and the blonde couple fell on to the bed, their lips still joined.

They rolled backwards and forward on the bed. One second Buffy was in control, the next it was Spike. Within moments they were naked, soft skin rubbing against soft skin.

Spike’s head reared back against the pillows as Buffy’s small hand wrapped itself around him. Through practice she knew just how to hold him, and how much pressure to use.

Leaning down, she whispered into his ear. “Do you want my mouth around you, Spike?” she teased. “Do you want to pour yourself down my throat?”

His head was thrashing against the pillows as her words penetrated her lust addled brain. “No, Buffy” he stammered. “Need you, kitten. Need to be inside you. Please baby,” he begged. “Ride me, Buffy”

Buffy smiled a sweet smile, and deftly removed her hand from his pulsating dick.

“I don’t think I will, Spike” contempt evident in her words. “I don’t think I will ever ride you again.”

Spike lay for a few seconds in shock. She meant it, she really meant it. Suddenly she lay on her back on the bed and he loomed ominously above her.

“Are we negotiating, pet?” He felt in control for the first time tonight. “Do you want more money to perform for your trick, sweetheart?” Her eyes grew wide at his words, and a small frisson of fear trickled down her spine. He had never spoken to her like this before. “Or would you prefer this?” he asked as his fingers connected with her clit and rubbed hard.

Her orgasm was almost immediate. She was as turned on as he was, and why should he deny them both. “Want me inside you, pet?” he whispered down at her as his fingers continued to gently circle her tight hole. He kissed her passionately till she responded, her body arching into his. “Tell me you want me, Buffy” he demanded.

She was almost incoherent with need. Writhing against his hand, she knew she could not resist him much longer. Biting her lip to stop the words pouring from her mouth, she let her body speak for her. Without warning, Spike’s mouth connected with her nipple and she was lost.

Pushing his hand away from her crotch, she grabbed his dick and pulled him to her entrance. Spike removed his mouth from her breast, and smiled at her in triumph. She might not have begged him to take her, as he had begged her to take him, but this was close enough. He was determined that she be the one to give in, and he held himself back until she guided him inside her.

Slowly he pushed forward until he was balls deep. His head fell forward against her neck, and he sucked on her skin. He could feel her tremble beneath him, and he decided to take it up a notch.

“Do you want me to make you come again, Buffy?” his voice rumbled against her neck. “Do you want me to make you scream?”

Disgusted with herself for being so weak with longing that she had given in, she refused to answer him. Her body was responding almost against her will, and she could feel her second orgasm building. Biting her lip to stop the words she wanted to say spilling from her mouth, she closed her eyes and moved her head to the side. If she looked into his fathomless blue eyes, she was lost.

He started to thrust harder and deeper, and she lifted her hips higher in answer to his body’s demands. Attuned as they were to each other’s needs, she moved her head back to his and allowed him to take her mouth with his.

In unison they came, their mouths still fused together.

As they broke apart, Spike wrapped his arms around Buffy and pulled her close to his body. “Pet,” he queried. “Why are you hurting me like this? I would do anything for you, you know that, right? I still don’t understand why you think you’re my whore.”

Cuddled against his chest, she sighed. “Spike, my mom thinks I send the money I make from singing in your club. She couldn’t cope with knowing I sleep with you. My mom and sister are the only people I love in this life, and I could never hurt them.” She was so caught up in her words that she did not notice him wince at her declaration.

“The letter I got today was from my sister, Dawnie.” Suddenly tears rolled down her cheeks, and she did not realise that she moved further into his arms as if seeking comfort. “My mom doesn’t have long to live, and I can’t get home to see her before she dies.”

Holding her tightly against him, he asked her gently. “Why can’t you go back to California to see your mum, Buffy?”

Turning her head further into his chest, she answered him in a small voice. “If I asked to go home Spike, you would never have let me go. I can’t face my mom knowing that I won’t be able to lie to her. She’ll ask me about my life in New York, and I just can’t tell her about you.”

“Yes you can, sweetheart” his cooed against her hair. “We’ll both go back to California to make sure your mom’s okay.” When he sensed she was going to object, he knew exactly how to deflect her objections. “I’ll come with you as your fiancé, and tomorrow we’ll buy a ring to prove it.”

His words took a few moments to penetrate her thoughts.

“What?”

“I said,” he drawled. “We will go and buy an engagement ring tomorrow; then we’ll go buy some train tickets to California and go and see your mom.”

Her head moved slightly back and she looked up into his smiling eyes.

“I never told you because I thought you would ask me to leave, and I needed you to help me save my mom.” At the hurt look in his eyes, her heart softened. “I’m sorry, Spike. I should have been honest from the start.”

His heart turned over at her words, but he knew he had a long way to go to make her believe that he loved her.

“It doesn’t matter now, kitten” he said, smiling through his pain. “Let’s just get your mom sorted out and we can start again.”

She closed her eyes against the feelings his words invoked in her breast. Tomorrow she would tell him more of her life in Sunnydale, but tonight she was too exhausted.

Cuddled together, blonde head resting against blonde head, they both fell asleep.
Sentimental Journey by Gillypod
Author's Notes:
I'm sorry it took so long to update my friends. For a change I actually had a social life for a few weeks, and work has just been mad. Please forgive me and review - maybe the fingers will go faster if you do......
Chapter 3. Sentimental Journey


Sitting in the Dining Car of the Trans-American Railroad car making its way from New York to California, Buffy stared down at the huge emerald and diamond ring glinting under the lights. The very beauty of it took her breath away, and she wondered why Spike had made such a big gesture on his part.

Just two mornings before, he had almost frog-marched her into Tiffany’s on Fifth Avenue. He had given her little choice in the matter as he had demanded to see the biggest emeralds they had. Tray after tray of glittering jewels had blurred in front of her eyes as he had summarily dismissed ring after ring. He had finally settled on the square cut emerald surrounded by small diamonds she wore on her left hand. It had fitted perfectly, and she had to admit that the ring suited her small elegant fingers.

With great care, and a look on his face that she had never seen before, he had kissed the ring before threading it on her finger. Once in place, he had lifted her hand to his lips and kissed the ring again. His eyes had never left hers, and she swore he almost looked at her with love in his eyes. It had been so fleeting that she thought she had imagined it.

Now there were on their way, back to Sunnydale and her family. She had told so many lies over the last three years, and it had become harder and harder to keep up the pretence her life had become. As she looked at Spike watching the passing scenery, she suddenly remembered how they had met


###

His was the third club she had auditioned in that day. Her legs were tired and her feet sore, but some of the other girls she had auditioned with that day told her that they were heading for a new club downtown. The boss of the club was a guy called Spike, and he had a reputation of treating his ‘girls’ well. Several of her new friends were heading there after their current audition, and they invited her along for the ride.

They had arrived together and made their way to the side entrance down a dingy alley. They tinkle of an upright piano had wafted out to greet them as the door opened to allow their entrance. She had been surprised at the clean smell of the place; the other clubs she had auditioned in that day had smelled of stale cigars and spilled gin.

Quickly changing in the chorus dressing rooms, the girls stood in the sidelines nervously waiting on their names to be read out. She stood for over an hour when her name had finally been called. Her stomach clenched tight, and she wondered if it was with nerves or hunger. Both were her friends these days.

The heat from the strong stage lights made the sweat trickle down her back. Her dancing shoes felt tight on her feet, and her stage tights were clinging to her legs. As she walked towards the centre of the stage, she turned her head slightly towards the audience area. Blinded by the bright lights, she could see no further than the front few tables.

Out of nowhere a deep Southern accented voice spoke to her. The man introduced himself as Clem Johnstone, the musical director. Through the glare of the lights, she noticed he was sitting alone and smiled at him.

“Do you want me to dance or sing, Mr Johnstone?” she asked.

From the depths of the club, Clem’s voice penetrated the gloom. “Could you sing for me, Miss Summers? We have enough dancers to keep us going. We’re looking for someone who can sing, and I need their voice to hold the audience.”

Stomach churning with nerves, she handed her sheet music to the pianist. Xander Harris, the club’s chief piano player had given her a small wink as he placed the music on the stand. Talking for a few moments, they decided on her key and she smiled at him.

Standing behind the microphone, she lifted both hands to hold it tight. It helped with the nerves, and kept her focused. As Xander began to play the introduction, she pulled the mike towards her.

She put her soul into her voice as she sang. Desperation made her voice quiver in just the right places, and she knew she had done well when she heard applause. Her eyes had been closed with emotion as she sang, and when she opened her eyes at the end of the song, she noticed the top of a bright white head whispering in Clem’s ear.

Shading her eyes with one hand against the bright light, she looked directly at Mr Johnstone. The owner of the white hair had disappeared and she really hoped she managed to get a job.

“When can you start sweetcakes?”

Excitement replaced nerves when she heard the question. “Whenever suits you Mister Johnstone” she replied, trying to keep her voice calm.

“We need a few days to get things set up and to get some routines rehearsed, so why don’t you come back tomorrow morning at ten and meet the boss.” She could see him glance quickly at his watch before he continued. “I need to get things set up for tonight. Leave your address with Xander as you leave honey, and I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Giving a small dance of joy, she turned back to Xander giving him a huge smile. From nowhere he produced paper and a pencil, and handed it to her. Filling in her details, she handed it back and almost ran from the club.

She had not felt so happy since leaving Sunnydale over a month before.

The following day she arrived at the club well before ten. She didn’t want to be late; this was too good a job to pass up. As the doorman bid her enter, he pointed the way to the boss’s office, and told her Spike was waiting to meet her.

As she approached the door it opened and the owner of the white hair stepped through. His air of authority and confident walk told her immediately that this was her new employer. Her eyes quickly appraised him as he walked towards her; his sharp cheekbones, made prominent by his smile, helped to accentuate his ocean blue eyes. Dressed in the height of fashion, his double breasted suit tight across his chest, gave him a superior look.

Closer and closer he walked towards her, his smile never leaving his face. Finally he stood so near that she could feel the heat of his body and smell his spicy scent.

“Hello cutie”

Her mouth ran dry. A cut-glass English accent was not what she expected, and she just stared at him in response.

“You must be Buffy Summers.” A slender long fingered hand was held out before her. Like an automaton hers rose to clasp it. As his warm hand enclosed hers, she felt a tingle in the pit of her stomach. ”Pleased to meet you, kitten. My name’s Spike Giles and I own the place.”

“Yes” was all she could think to reply.

He continued to smile as he pulled her hand through his arm and led her to his office. Seating her on a comfortable chair, he moved behind his desk to sit. For a long time he simply stared at her, a smile ghosting around his lips.

She jumped slightly when he moved and started to go through the papers on his desk. “Keep calm, luv” he said. “I’m just finding your contract.”

Finally he handed her a two page document outlining exactly what he expected of her. Shaking slightly under his scrutiny, she read the document over. Her weekly salary was over a hundred dollars a week. A huge smile stole over her face; she would be able to send money home for the first time in weeks.

A frisson of unease ran down her spine when the euphoria of the huge paycheck sank into her brain. She had been in New York long enough to know that this man was grossly over-paying her. He was going to pay her more money a week than she expected to make in a month. Suddenly she realised that she was in some sort of danger.

Dry-mouthed she questioned him. “The salary’s a bit more than I expected, Mr Giles.”

Piercing blue eyes stared at her. “I expect a lot from my employees, Buffy. I expect total loyalty and respect.” Smiling slightly, he continued. “I expect you to turn up for all your rehearsals and never be late for a performance.”

Raising her chin, she smiled a cold smile. “I will never be late, Mr Giles. In fact, I’ve come prepared for rehearsals today.”

“Good,” he replied as he rose from the chair and moved round the desk. Handing her a pen, he motioned to her to sign the contract. Quickly complying she signed the contract, smiling at him when she returned the pen.

“Call me Spike, Buffy” he said, as he opened the office door. “Follow me pet; I’ll take you to meet Xander.”

#


It had taken him a week to persuade her to go to bed with him, and only another few days to persuade her to move in with him. The lifestyle he promised her was beyond her wildest dreams, and he was generous with his wallet. So much so that she found she could send enough money back to her mother and sister that they would never starve. But her conscience plagued her every day.

She had known on the first day of rehearsal that Spike wanted her. He had made his intention very plain, and the girls in the chorus had congratulated her on managing to fix his interest. Some of the girls, who had worked for him for a while, told of his prowess between the sheets and how well he looked after his current ‘bed-mate’. Some bragged of how the lucky object of his affection wanted for little while she was with him. They told her that he rarely lasted more than a few months with a girl, but the benefits were well worth the sacrifice.

Buffy had thought long and hard about letting him take her to bed. She would lose her virginity, but a few months of letting him touch her might provide enough money to help her destitute mother and sister.

Was she capable of whoring herself to help her family? It would seem that she was able to do just that when he finally made his move and offered to take her back to his place for a nightcap. She knew he would try and persuade her to sleep with him, and she knew she would let him; but it would be on her terms only, never his.

Back at his apartment, he surprised her by pouring a drink and setting her on the sofa while he took a chair on the other side of the room. He asked her questions about her family, and she lied through her teeth by telling him she was an orphan with no family. No way would she tell him that the only reason she was in the same room as him was to help her mother and sister. She had already decided that the less he knew of her life, the less he could use against her.

She trembled with trepidation as he slowly rose from his chair and made his way across the room to sit by her side. Her cold hands gripped the glass he had served her as if it was a lifeline, and she could feel her mouth run dry. Would he expect her to be experienced in the art of sex? She had to tell him the truth.

“I’m a virgin” she blurted, as his hands covered hers. Spike didn’t even hesitate at her declaration, and continued to remove the untouched glass from her hand.

Smiling slightly, he gently moved his hand under her chin and lifted her scared face to his. “Just how much of a virgin are you, Buffy?”

“On a scale of one to ten, then I would say an eleven.” Her voice quivered and there was a hint of tears in her eyes.

Gently his hand caressed her face as he lowered his head, his lips on a collision course with hers. “Then I’ll be your teacher, luv” he whispered against her lips before his generous mouth met hers.

Her last boyfriend had never kissed her like this. Warn lips teased and slid over her mouth until she pursed her own in anticipation. Teeth nibbled gently at her top lip, and she opened her mouth in surprise. Taking advantage, Spike gently pushed his tongue into her welcoming mouth. Tickling the roof of her mouth with his talented tongue, she moaned in response and her body shifted closer to his. Strong arms enfolded her as he slanted his mouth over hers and tasted her fully.

As the kiss went on, she shyly touched her tongue to his. She was over-whelmed by his reaction. He groaned against her mouth, and held her tight. His kiss changed from soft teasing to hard and demanding. His lips dug into hers forcing her mouth wider and she revelled in the power she felt over him. She didn’t know how it happened, but suddenly she found herself lying prone on the sofa with a very aroused male holding her down. Surprised at how much she was enjoying his passion, she raised her hips slightly against his and her body went rigid with shock at the hardness she felt pressed against her.

She may be a virgin, but she not so naïve that she did not know when a man was aroused.

Spike finally raised his lips from hers, and stared down at her. “I want you, pet” he rasped. “If you don’t want to come to bed with me, tell me now Buffy. If we kiss much longer then I won’t be able to stop, and I don’t want you to feel that I forced you.”

Buffy stared up at the man above her. She could not believe that he was offering to stop. In her very limited experience, she believed that a man like Spike would just take what he wanted and consequences be dammed.

In that small moment, she knew she would stay.

“Take me to bed, Spike” was all she could think of to say.

Lifting her gently into his arms, he carried her into his bedroom kissing her mouth with renewed intensity. Shifting in his arms, Buffy tried to press her whole body against his. Warm tingles started in the centre of her being and spread throughout her body. She knew this was physical desire, and was surprised she could feel this way without love.

Her last coherent thought before Spike slowly removed the clothes from her aroused body, was a warning her mother had given her at eighteen. Sex is a function, love is an emotion; unless the two went together, it didn’t mean a thing. How true that saying seemed be now that she was about to give her body to her boss; but he would never have her heart.

Not while she was his whore.

As he has undressed the golden goddess in his arms, Spike could not believe his luck. He had found a woman that could so easily warn his cold heart, and his mind reeled with the thought that he would be the first to possess her. If he had his way, he would also be her last. He knew he was an excellent lover, yet he felt like a green youth as he stared at the beautiful body displayed before him. Each part of her was perfect in his eyes, from her golden mane to the pink painted toes on her graceful dancer’s feet. Her pert breasts, their nipples pointed in arousal, made him want to feast on her forever, and he wasted no time at all in pulling one into the warm heat of his mouth as his hand found its twin.

When her body arched from the bed as if trying to push her breast further into his questing mouth, he fought the urge to rip off his clothes and plunge into her depths. His head told him to slow down; his dick told him to stamp its possession on this woman. Finally lifting his head from her breast, he stared down into her passion-filled eyes.

For a few seconds, guilt wracked his soul. He was about to take something from her that could never be returned, and he could never offer her a permanent place in his life. He knew his own track record when it came to women, and although she might hold his interest at this moment, he was sure that the intensity of his current feelings would diminish in time. Maybe they would last a few weeks or a few months at most. Soon a new member of the chorus, or a pretty woman in another nightclub, would capture his interest and he would cast Buffy aside. However, at this current moment in time, he wanted to make her his.

“Tell me you want me, Buffy” he huskily asked. He needed to hear from her own lips that she wanted this; he knew that once he heard her acquiesce, his guilt would disappear.

Buffy was almost incoherent with need. She could not believe that an almost stranger could make her want him as she did at this moment. Her body felt on fire for his touch, and he hadn’t even removed his clothes yet. Somewhere in the back of her mind she realised that this was only a physical reaction to his practiced touch, yet he seemed to want more from her. If it meant he would continue to make love to her, she would agree to almost anything.

Closing her eyes against the intense feelings he created, she whispered to him. “Please don’t stop.”

“Never” he replied, wondering why he had said such a banal thing. He knew this was not a long term relationship, yet it seemed important to make her think it was. Inwardly shrugging his shoulders at his own pomposity, he lowered his lips to hers. Kissing her soundly, he stroked his hands over her breasts and down her body, making their way to the triangle of dark blonde hair between her legs. Feeling her tremble at his touch, he lifted his head and allowed his lips to follow the path of his hands.

Gently he nipped and kissed his way down her torso, and the thought that no man had ever touched her like this made him feel a million dollars. Leaving small love bites in his wake, he moved his mouth lower and lower until his nose nestled against the juncture of her legs. He could feel her legs tremble with the effort not to open to his silent pleading, and he blew a soft breath over her clit.

Immediately her legs opened to allow him access, and he moved quickly between them to kiss his prize. Soft pink petals opened beneath his experienced touch, and he gently pulled her clit between his lips as he pushed a finger into her tight opening.

She was going to die, she was sure of it. His mouth was doing sinful things to her body, and his finger was fast becoming her lifeline. The touch of his fingers and mouth on her most private place was sending her rocketing into heaven. Already she could feel her body convulse under his, and she wondered if all women felt this much when a man made love to her. All thoughts of why she was doing this flew from her mind as Spike brought her to the first climax she had ever had in her life.

Lights, bright and shining, sparked beneath her closed lids as her head flew back against the pillows. She could feel her toes curling towards the souls of her feet as they beat a tattoo against the bed, and thud of her heart seemed to be loud in her ears.

Slowly Spike brought her out of her climax by licking and petting her mound. She was more than ready for him now, wet and slick with her own juices. Rising from the bed, he looked down at the satisfied woman lying witless on his bed. She was glorious in her passion and he could not wait to be inside her.

With deft movements, he removed his clothes and threw them on top of hers. Staring down at the mound of tangled fabric on the floor, he was suddenly struck with the thought that soon their limbs would be as close. For a split second, he wondered how much this woman would come mean to him.

Finally he moved his eyes to hers, and almost laughed at the look of shock on her face. She was staring at his very prominent erection with wide eyes. If he had any doubts that she had told the truth about her virginity, it had been banished by the look on her face. Lying down next to her, he pulled her into his arms.

“Touch me, Buffy” he almost begged. “Give me your hand sweetheart and I’ll show you what to do.”

Tentatively she lifted her hand from her side, and deliberately placed it in his. She was scared of touching him in case she displeased him. Why she should care about his feelings did not enter her head at that moment; she wanted to please him as much as he had pleased her.

Taking her hand gently, he placed it firmly around his girth. Keeping his hand on top of hers, he showed her the amount of pressure that pleased him and he soon taught her the rhythm that would satisfy him best.

Buffy was fascinated by the feel of him. Steel tempered with warm velvet seemed to grow beneath her touch. Soon his hand moved from hers, and she continued on her own. The rhythm he had taught her seemed to become second nature as she stared at him. When a small amount of liquid appeared at the tip, she moved her hand around the head and squeezed gently.

Spike’s reaction was swift and unexpected. He thrust hard into her hand and his head flew back in pleasure. Scared that she had hurt him, she immediately stopped and shrank back on the bed. His body was still thrusting into empty air, when he begged her to keep touching him. Quickly she placed her hand around him once more, moving it up and down in time with his thrusts.

Suddenly he begged her to stop. As she removed her hand, her confusion was written all over her face. If he was enjoying it so much, why did he want her to stop?

As he looked into her eyes, Spike knew that she did not realise how close she had come to bringing him to climax. He did not want to come over her hand; he wanted to be inside her, long golden legs wrapped around his body in pleasure, when his climax hit.

Reaching behind him, he removed a condom from the top drawer. He hated using the things, their thickness dulled the pleasure he would feel when her vaginal walls spasmed around him, but the last thing he needed was a pregnant mistress. With practiced movements, he covered his erection before gently pushing her legs apart.

“I’ve never made love to a virgin before Buffy, but I promise I will be as gentle as I can” he whispered against her cheek before taking her mouth in a bruising kiss. “If the pain gets too much, tell me and I’ll slow down a bit luv.”

She could think of nothing to say, so simply nodded her head. Her mouth was dry with nerves, but she knew she could not wait much longer for his possession. When she felt the first probe of his erection against her, she instinctively shrank back on the bed.

Spike felt her slight resistance, and moved his hand back between her legs to play with clit. He needed her to want him as much as he wanted her, and he knew just how to make that happen. Within seconds Buffy relaxed against his hand and her legs opened wide in welcome. Settling himself between their tanned length, he pressed forward into the honeyed warmth he had so carefully prepared.

God she was so hot and tight. Never in his life had he ever experienced anything like this. Even through the thickness of the rubber barrier between them, he could feel how much she was ready for him. As he pressed through her maidenhead, he stilled and allowed her to become used to his girth. Drawing her tongue between his lips, he kissed her until he felt her body stop trembling and her hips give a small shift of welcome.

Slowly he thrust in and out of her. When she started to rise from the bed to meet his thrusts, he knew he had done his preparation well. Lifting his upper body from her, he stared down into her eyes and continued to push inside her. When her head started to thrash on the pillow, he smiled a small smile of satisfaction. She could not fake how she much she was enjoying this when she had never experience sex before.

Buffy could not believe how much this man could make her feel. There had been a brief stab of pain as he had taken her virginity, but that had soon been replaced by the need to feel him deep inside her. With each stroke he made her want him to get deeper inside her. Her body seemed to know exactly what it wanted as she met him thrust for thrust. Faster and deeper he moved within her body, and she could feel her body start to climax around him.

Spike was surprised he could feel her walls flutter around him signalling that she was ready to come. Normally the sheaths he used were too thick to let him have any sensation, but he was too close to climax to care. Determined to bring her with him, he quickly found her clit with his fingers as his teeth found a tempting nipple to bite. Coming together as one, both cried their release.

Collapsing heavily on the wonderful woman beneath him, Spike rested for a few seconds before gently removing his dick from her still twitching vagina. Lying next to her he pulled her into his arms, and kissed every bit of her face he could reach. Never had he known such pleasure with a woman, and he knew this affair would last a considerable time.

Lying replete in his arms, Buffy wondered if sex was always this good. Memories of the words spoken by the chorus girls flitted through her mind. He was indeed good between the sheets, but she would have to learn quickly how to please him if she wanted to keep his interest.

She needed his money….badly.

Over the next few months, he taught her well how to keep his interest. With each new ‘pleasure’ she learned at his hands, her disgust at being his whore ate at her soul. What killed her most of all was how much she enjoyed the things he made her do, and how she would beg for him to continue. Surely no normal woman enjoyed the type of sex they had together.

As the weeks turned into years their pleasure in each other had intensified, but her feelings of using him for money had become all-consuming. She performed for him whenever and where ever he desired, and she relished in it. Never had she been left wanting under his skilled touch, and with each coupling she felt her resentment increase.

How could he make her do the things she did?

###

Crashing back to reality, Buffy seemed to feel each bump in the railroad track. The steady rhythm of the wheels against the steel, reminded her of the rhythm of their love-making. Maybe it was the fact that a ring now graced her finger that made her feel differently toward him. He had gone to so much trouble to make sure her mother thought well of her, and his lie of being her fiancé would explain where the money had come from for years.

Staring down at the hand holding tightly to hers, she didn’t know what to say. They could not sleep in the same bed under her mother’s roof, even if she was in hospital. Dawn would know, and she could not have that.

Wondering how to tell him that he would have to find a hotel room, her hand involuntarily clasped his tighter. At the feel of her small hand grasping on to his, he raised a querying eyebrow.

“Spike” her voiced faltered on his name. “You have to find a hotel when we get to Sunnydale.”

Understanding her completely, he smiled as he nodded his head. “No problem, kitten. As long as you promise to visit me now and then.”

Smiling back at him, she whispered. “Of course, and I suppose I will need to introduce you to mom and Dawnie.”

“Looking forward to it, pet” he murmured as he drew her into the crook of his arm.
Two out of three ain't bad by Gillypod
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the long long long delay. RL kicked my up the backside for a long time there. I have a new job that is very demanding, and lots of other issues I need to deal with too. Please don't be angry with me, and take the time to read and review.
Chapter 4 – Two out of three ain’t bad


Spike paced the floor of his room at the Sunnydale Inn. His agitation at her non-appearance was eating him up from the inside out. Three nights he had spent without her in his bed. Three nights of fitful sleep, three nights of longing and loneliness.

She had to come to him soon.

He had made the decision to allow her some freedom with her family. His love for her was all-consuming, but she did not believe him. How could she think that he would pass her over for someone new? She had been his only lover since he had set eyes on her at her audition in his club. Her golden looks and emerald eyes had captured his heart as none other had before or since.

But she would never love him.

Resigned to the fact that he would never have her heart, he was happy to hold her with sex. She may not like that fact that they were fantastic together, but it was her weakness. Together they were dynamite, and even after all their years together the chemistry was still strong. Her body craved him, no matter how he had her. Her sweet juicy quim quivered at the sound of his voice, and creamed at his sure touch.

It was all he had to hold her.

The brightly coloured walls were closing around him. It was barely nine in the evening, and Buffy would have returned home from the hospital hours ago. He had happily gone along with her plans from the moment they had stepped down from the train. Allowing himself to be introduced as her fiancé to her sweet nibblet of a sister, and her still beautiful mother. Allowing himself to be relegated to this hellhole of a hotel room while Buffy slept at her mother’s house to be near Dawn. Allowing himself to be almost banished from her life as she spent all her time with the mother. Allowing himself to hate his own feelings of abandonment from her while she comforted her sister and kept vigil at her mother’s side.

When had he become so selfish?

His first thought should be about Buffy’s needs, not the needs of his body. Her mother was dying, and he was doing the right thing by bringing her home. His conscience was clear, he had done everything he could to make Buffy’s time with her family her own.

But, God, he missed her.

He spent his days at her side while she held her mother’s hand. Joyce Summers did not have long to live; that fact had been confirmed by her specialist almost as soon as they had arrived at the hospital three days before. Buffy had arrived just in time, the end would be soon and she needed to be here to say her ‘Good-bye’.

But did she need to close him out too?

Selfish bastard, he thought to himself. His kitten was going to lose someone close to her, and here he was pacing the floor because she preferred her family to him. Anxiety rose within him suddenly, its grip tight in his chest. What if her need of his money died along with her mother? Would she leave him and return to her sister? Would she refuse to come back to New York and continue to live with him?

Of course she would. Why would she do otherwise?

For the first time in three days he realised he was losing her. Her absence from his bed suddenly lost all importance to him. He was going to lose her forever, and he could think of nothing to hold him at his side. She had made it very clear that she was with him for what he could provide for her family, but if her family didn’t need his money any longer, what would she do?

The answer came to him in a flash; she would leave him.

Leave him for the pleasures of sleepy Sunnydale. Leave him for her sister’s sake, and leave him alone for hers. Oh she would be tearful and hold him tightly, but her heart would let him go without a moments thought.

And she would never come back.

What could he do to keep her? Declarations of love meant nothing to her. She thought of herself as his whore, and he had tried everything he knew to convince her otherwise; but she would not change her mind. Her heart was a closed book to him, and he couldn’t open the cover. Her heart was locked tight as a drum against him, and the feeling hurt. Suddenly the solution screamed into his head. It was so simple that he wondered why he had never thought of it before.

When she finally came to him, he would make love to her for the first time without protection. He would make her pregnant with his child. Surely she wouldn’t leave him then. A child would bind her to him forever.

Smiling for the first time in days, Spike settled his body down on the bed. For now he was content to wait.

##

Buffy sat on the couch in her mother’s cosy lounge holding Dawn’s hand tightly in hers. The hospital staff had been kind to them, but they had made it plain that they should go home. Huddled together on the couch, the sisters were united in grief. Their mother would be gone from them in the next few days, and they needed each other.

Dawn’s head was resting on Buffy’s shoulder as she cried. Silent tears of regret were pouring from Buffy’s eyes as she held her sister close. Regret for spending so long away from home, and regret that she had not come home sooner.

Her years spent in New York seemed unreal somehow. Sure, she had let Spike make her into his whore, but she had not really fought his desires. In his arms she could forget the situation back in Sunnydale. In his arms she could almost believe he loved her. In his arms she could feel safe, protected from the harsh realities of losing a beloved mother and being responsible for her sister.

In his arms, she could feel whole and complete.

Shaking her thoughts aside, she cuddled Dawn closer to her. Noticing her sister’s distress was ebbing, Buffy pulled slightly away from her sister to look into her eyes.

“It’ll just be you and me soon, Dawnie.” Buffy sniffed. “I won’t be going back to New York.” Her statement held a finality that Dawn could understand.

“What about William, Buffy?” Dawn asked. “Will he be staying too?”

A faint smile played about Buffy’s lips as she answered. “No Dawn. Spike won’t be living with us. He has a successful business in New York, and I think he needs to get back there soon.”

Dawn face held a look of faint confusion. While Buffy and Spike had been at her mother’s bedside, she had noticed the looks of love and concern that Spike had thrown her sister’s way. She had also noticed that Buffy had hardly looked at him all the time they had been with their mother, but she had put that down to concern for her mother’s welfare.

“What about your wedding?” Dawn wondered aloud. “If you’re engaged to Spike, you’ll be getting married soon. Are you telling me that you’re breaking up with him over me?”

Panicking, Buffy was quick to reassure her sister. “We’re not breaking up because of you, Dawnie. Get that out of your head right now. Spike and I……”

Noticing Buffy’s hesitancy, Dawn interrupted her. “Spike and you are what, Buffy?”

“It’s complicated, Dawn.”

Suddenly Dawn drew back from her sister’s embrace. “Complicated,” she spat at her. “Just how complicated can it be, Buffy? The man is so totally in love with you that a blind man could see it.”

Shocked at her sister’s outburst, Buffy stared at her.

“Spike doesn’t love me, Dawn. We don’t have that kind of relationship.”

Open-mouthed, Dawn stared at her sister in disbelief. “You don’t love him, do you Buffy?”

“I’ve told you Dawn, it’s complicated.”

“Complicated, my ass”

“Dawn,” Buffy exclaimed, surprised by her sister’s language. “Where did you learn words like that? Mom would whip you with a switch if she could hear you.”

Tears in her eyes at the mention of her mother, Dawn continued to talk. “Never mind, Buffy. I want to know how you and Spike are complicated. He loves you to distraction, but you hardly look at him.” Comprehension suddenly dawned on her as she looked at her sister’s guilty expression. “You’ve been using his money to keep us, haven’t you?” she accused.

Hands folded tightly in her lap, Buffy let her eyes drop rom her sister’s face. Silently she nodded her agreement to Dawn’s accusation.

“Does he know, Buffy?”

Again Buffy nodded. “He’s known since before we came out here. I told him once I got your letter begging me to come home.” Suddenly tears rolled down her cheeks. “He was so good about it, Dawn. He just held me and told me that we were going to Sunnydale to see mom. He took me to Tiffany’s and bought me this ring.” She declared as she held her left hand up for Dawn’s inspection. “He said it would help if mom thought we were a bone-fide couple instead of just lovers.” Shocked that she had said too much, Buffy closed her lips tight.

“Lovers” Dawn queried. “You and Spike sleep together?”

Throwing her head back on the couch, Buffy smiled. “Eventually,” was her only reply.

“How long have you been together?”

Still staring at the ceiling, Buffy almost laughed. “Since a few weeks after I left Sunnydale.”

Dawn was more confused than ever, Buffy had left home three years ago. “You’ve been his lover for three years, but you claim not to love him?”

“As I said Dawnie, it’s complicated.”

“Where is he now, Buffy?” Dawn asked.

“He has a room at the Sunnydale Inn. We decided that he couldn’t stay here while he was in Sunnydale.” Turning her head towards her sister’s face, Buffy smiled. “He thought I would spend the day with you and mom, and the night with him. Boy, did he get a shock.” Suddenly Buffy laughed for the first time in days. “He can’t go without someone in his bed for long, Dawn. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s not down at some club somewhere looking for my replacement.”

Dawn’s voice rose high as she spoke. “You believe that? God, you are so stupid at times, Buffy.” Noticing the frown on her sister’s face, Dawn chose to ignore it. “He could have put you out in the street in New York the minute you told him about me and mom; but he didn’t, did he? He put a ring on your finger and got you home to us as soon as he could. Where is your heart Buffy? Did you leave it behind you in Sunnydale when you went off to New York? Did you put it in a box in you bedroom as you packed your clothes? The man loves you Buffy, even if you are too stubborn to see it.”

Exasperated by her sister’s utter stupidity over Spike, she suddenly grabbed Buffy’s hands.

“Go talk to him Buffy.” Dawn whispered. “Go now and see him. Let him know that what he feels isn’t only a one-way thing, ‘cause I don’t believe you when you say you don’t love him.”

Buffy’s eyes fell to their joined hands. “He’ll be angry at me Dawn, and I don’t think I can handle his anger right now.”

“Well, would you blame him?” Dawn cried. “You told him you would go to him, but you haven’t left my side or mom’s. All the time you’ve been home he’s done nothing but support you and give you space, and you treat him like shit. If he has gone to find another woman, then I wouldn’t blame him one bit.”

Fierce eyes turned on Dawn, as Buffy rose from the couch. “He can fuck half of Sunnydale for all I care.” She screamed at her sister. “He was only a means of getting easy money, and I don’t need him anymore.”

Anger like she had never known brewed inside Dawn. “Fine, Buffy. If that’s the case then do the decent thing and go to his hotel room and tell him to his face. Don’t sit here thinking he’ll work it out for himself. He was there when you needed him, now do the right thing and tell him you’re not going back to New York.”

Buffy suddenly rose from the couch, and looked around the room for her shoes. “Okay, Dawn. If that’s what you want, then that’s what I’ll do.”

Dawn rose and stared at her sister. “This isn’t what I want, Buffy. This is what you want…..isn’t it?”

Suddenly the anger faded from Buffy. “You’re right, Dawn. He deserves more than a peck on the cheek at the railroad station. I’ll go and talk to him.”

“Good,” Dawn smiled. “Don’t worry about how long it takes you to come home. I’ve been living alone since mom went into hospital. I’m quite capable of locking the doors and getting myself ready for bed.” Suddenly she kissed Buffy’s cheek then whispered in her ear. “Be kind to him, Buffy. Telling him you’re not going back to New York is going to hit him hard.”

“I don’t think so, Dawnie. Spike can manage to live without me in his bed.”

As Buffy made ready to leave, Dawn followed her with her eyes. She wondered how her sister could be so blind. Spike so obviously loved her to distraction, yet Buffy seemed determined not to see it. If Spike had any sense, he would keep Buffy beside him tonight. She might not realise it yet, but her sister needed him.

Finally Buffy was ready to leave, and Dawn went with her to the door.

“Don’t come home, Buffy. Say good-bye to him by being with him tonight.”

Slightly shocked by her sister’s acceptance of her sex-life, she smiled. “I’ll be home when I can. I’ve got keys, so lock up behind me.”

Smiling, Dawn gave her sister a hug. “He’ll be there waiting for you, Buffy. I just know it.”

“We’ll see” was all her sister said as she closed the door behind her.

##

Spike knew it was Buffy as soon as the timid knock sounded at his room door. His breath almost stopped in his breast with excitement, but there was a touch of fear inside him too. Had she come to say good-bye as he was sure she wanted to. Would he be able to keep her?

Nervously he opened to hotel room door. Three nights without her had sharpened his need of her embrace, and he almost pulled her into the room.

Strong arms enfolded her as the door closed behind her. Buffy barely had time to breathe before Spike’s warm lips closed over hers. His tongue delved into her mouth, and she could not help her body’s reaction to his touch. Her arms wound around his neck, as she pulled him closer to her.

“Missed you, Kitten” he murmured in her ear. “Missed you so fucking much.” Small biting kisses accompanied his words as he made his way down her neck. “Don’t leave me so long again, Buffy. I was going nuts without you.”

Buffy was lost in his words. His voice always made her weak, but when he nibbled at her neck she was lost. She could feel her essence pool between her legs at his touch, and she wanted to be rip off his clothes and feast on his skin.

Spike could sense her need, but she still needed to be punished for leaving him alone for so long. After so many years together, he knew exactly how to do it, and bring her the greatest pleasure. Pulling her close to him, he let his hands rove over her tight little ass before he slapped it….hard.

Shock made her pull away from him. Rubbing her sore rear, she glared at him. “What the hell was that for?”

“You’ve been a bad girl, Buffy. You’ve left me here with only my hand for company. Now you’re here pet, you’re going to be very good for your Spike.” His voice dropped as he whispered against her lips. “Now lose the clothes luv, and get into position.”

Hard emerald eyes stared back at him as she started to undress. She thought she wouldn’t want to do this with him again, but the sound of his voice and the intensity of his kiss almost brought her to her knees. Quickly her clothes landed in a heap on the floor.

“Just where do you want me, oh lord and master” she bit out contemptuously.

Spike has removed his clothes at the same time as Buffy, and he now sat proudly naked and erect on the edge of the bed. “I want you over my knee, sweetcakes. Your sweet little arse needs some paddling for being a bad girlfriend.”

Excited by his words, she stalked towards him. Deliberately swinging her hips as she walked, she smiled at him sweetly as she positioned herself over his bare knees. She laid her head comfortably on the bed, and lifted her peach of an ass in the air for his touch.

Spike wasted no time in rubbing his warm hand over the trembling globes presented for his pleasure. Her warm skin rippled against his hand. She might deny it, but she loved this even more than he did. He had taught her well.

Buffy was surprised that he hadn’t punished her yet. He seemed to be taking his time, and her body craved his touch. Each sweep of his hand only excited her further, and she wiggled against him in silent invitation.

“Not yet, sweetheart” Spike crooned above her. “I want to do some other things to you before I paddle you hard. Now open those sweet legs for me.”

Almost incoherent with need, Buffy hastily complied. Her ass was high in the air, he toes buried deep in the carpet as her body waited in anticipation for his touch. When it came she nearly jumped out of her skin.

Slowly Spike drew his fingers down from her tight puckered hole to her clit. She was already wet and wanting, but he was determined to draw this out. All his senses told him to just fuck her, but he wanted to torment her with pleasure. He wanted her to need him.

Back and forth his fingers ravaged her wide open crack. In and out his fingers delved into her cunt, their knowing length tickling the sweet spot inside her. Slowly he pushed a dew wet finger into her tight ass, and revelled in her response. She loved a good ass-fuck, but he only let her have one when he was in the mood too. As he added another finger to the first, he could feel her breathing become erratic and fast.

“Where do you want me to fuck you, Buffy?” he whispered. “Do you want my cock in your tight little quim, or do you want me to fill that tight little arse of yours till you scream my name.”

Her body was twisting frantically against his. The feel of his fingers so long and clever inside her was beyond her comprehension. She could hardly speak, and she wondered how long he would torture like this before he allowed her to come.

“Cat got your tongue, Buffy?” he murmured sweetly as he continued to see-saw his fingers inside her. “Where do you want it, Buffy?”

Desperate to come, she thrashed her head from side to side. She knew she had to answer him, or he would punish her for her silence. Would that be so bad, she thought? No, the punishment would be worth it. Stubbornly she kept silent and a secret smile, hidden by the comforter on the bed, lit her face.

“No answer, pet.” Spike chided as he removed his fingers from her ass. “Then I’ll just have to punish you won’t I?” Deftly he brought his left hand down hard across both cheeks.

Buffy cried into the comforter at his touch, but lifted her ass high into the air begging for his next move. Spike didn’t need a second invitation, and slowly paddled her behind till her ass cheeks were shiny and red from his hand.

She trembled, she cried, she squirmed and she begged him to hurt her more. Each slap was accompanied by the smoothing motion of his hand over his marks. It was if he wanted to spread the pain, and she loved it. When the slaps increased in both tempo and intensity, she started to beg.

She wanted this, she needed this.

Suddenly Spike moved her legs as far apart as he could. She was still sprawled across his lap, and he could feel her juices trail down his leg. It was taking everything he had not to bury himself inside her, but she needed to know to whom she belonged. Not just at this moment when she was desperate to come, but forever.

Lifting his hand high, he slapped her hard across her clit. Her orgasm was intense and long. Biting hard on the comforter, she tried to stop her screams of delight, but it only dulled their intensity.

As she calmed, Spike moved her down to the floor positioning her on her knees between his feet. “Did you just come without permission, Buffy?” he asked gently.

Head bowed, her face not in his line of vision, she smiled. He had not given her leave to come, and now she would be punished some more. Maybe he would fuck her in the ass as punishment for her wrong-doing. She really hoped so.

“I did” she whispered to the floor.

Spike thrust his hands into her hair, and pulled her face to his cock. “Well you’ll just have to suck your master dry, won’t you sweetheart?”

“Yes master” she whispered as she placed her generous mouth over his weeping tip. Slowly she moved her mouth up and down his length. Bringing her right hand into play, she pulled him further into the hot cavern of her mouth, her hand in total tune with her mouth. Her left hand was busy fondling his heavy balls, her small pinkie finger making forays into his ass.

Spike couldn’t take his eyes from hers. All the time she was sucking and fondling him, she stared into his eyes. Lust and desire had turned her pupils large and black, the emerald almost gone. With her mouth pulling him further into her throat and her soft hands stroking him in all the right places, it wouldn’t be long before he poured himself down her throat.

Within a minute it was over. She was, without doubt, the best little cocksucker on God’s green earth, and she loved doing it. Seeing him helpless in her power was as great a turn-on for her as being punished.

God, he really loved her.

Spent at the depth of his orgasm, Spike fall back on the bed, his feet still firmly planted on the floor.

Buffy stayed on her knees at his feet. She knew not to move till he told her to, and the anticipation of what he would do next filled her with excitement. He was never predictable, and she was not sure what he would want her to do next, so she waited patiently for her command.

“Buffy” Spike murmured from his place on the bed. “That was one of your best luv, but I’m still angry at you for leaving me so long.” Lifting his head slightly he smiled into her eyes. “Now get that sweet cunt of yours over my face before I change my fucking mind.”

Smiling widely, Buffy climbed up his body slowly. She made sure that her body kept contact with his as she moved to position her now twitching clit over his mouth. He was so talented with his mouth, and she could hardly wait to feel his tongue soothe her ache.

Lowering herself carefully over his waiting mouth, she pushed one hand into his hair. The other was placed beside his head for balance; she didn’t want to smother him. With skill borne from practice, Spike licked her clean-shaven cleft. Swirling his tongue around her clit he revelled in the pain of her hand clutching his hair. Pointing his tongue into a hard point, he flicked it back and forth rapidly until she was whimpering her need above him.

God, she was glorious.

Suddenly he stopped, and she looked down at him in consternation. “You can come now, Buffy” he whispered as he went back to tormenting her clit.

Her orgasm was immediate. Her juices poured from her hole, and he had to close his eyes to stop them running into his eyes. Slowly he licked her clean as she came down for her high. Moving his hands to her waist, her drew her down to lie on top of him. He kissed her thoroughly, letting her taste herself on his tongue. She loved to taste herself on him, and who was he to deny her.

“Now we fuck, baby” he told her as he quickly reversed their position till she lay beneath him.

“God yes, Spike” she whimpered. “Do it hard and fast.” Lifting her head, she placed a loving kiss on his open mouth. “And I want it in the ass.”

Smiling to himself, Spike managed to keep his face hard. “I decide where I put my cock Buffy, not you.”

“Put it in my ass Spike; or I won’t blow you ever again.”

“Well if you threaten me like that I’ll just have to do what my lady asks now, won’t I?”

He moved from her then and she whimpered at the loss of his touch. Laying back on the bed, he placed his hand around his cock, and tilted his head. She smiled at him sweetly. He wanted her to lie with her back against his front while he fucked her ass. Lifting her body over his, she let him slowly push himself inside her.

No matter how many times they did this, the pleasure was always like the first time. As his long thick cock pushed hard into her tight ass, she could feel the fluttering of sensation roll through her whole body. A nice conventional fuck in the cunt was wonderful, but the pure pleasure of a dick up the ass was out of this world.

Once he was seated to the hilt, Spike threw his head back against the pillows as he thrust hard inside her tight little passage. He loved to fuck her like this, but he only did it when she begged, and right now she was begging to be fucked blind. Hard and fast he moved inside her, his hands pulling at her sweet little nipples as she writhed on him. Moving his left hand slowly down her body, he quickly found her clit. He was ready to come, and he wanted her with him. He needed her with him.

Screams of pleasure rolled around the room as their joint orgasm struck. Spike’s head thrashed on the pillows, and Buffy’s body bucked forward over his. As her ass muscles held her tightly to him, Spike was sure he was going to pass out at the intense pleasure. Belatedly her remembered that he was trying to make her pregnant, and he needed to fuck her normally for that.

But for now, this would do. A nice hot shower was called for. He wanted his dick clean and fresh for when he took her next, and she wasn’t leaving this room until he had. Disentangling their still joined bodies made them both giggle. Slurping sounds and the slight popping of a softening cock falling out of an ass was the downside of sex, and they always found it funny.

Pulling Buffy toward him, Spike kissed her for a long time. He wanted to show all his love and devotion through this kiss, and he held her naked body close to his as he devoured her.

“That was wonderful, Buffy. I take it you missed me as much as I missed you.”

Spike knew immediately he had said the wrong thing. Her smile turned into a frown, and he knew he was losing her. She has taken her pleasure, and now she wanted to leave. In his mind he screamed at her to stay with him, to hold him, to love him.

“So you want to go back home with your virtue fluttering and your conscience clear.” Disappointment and fear made him sound like a rebellious child, but he didn’t know what to do.

“You told me back in New York that you thought yourself my whore. Well the shoe’s on the other foot sweetheart, because you just treated me like one.”

From out of nowhere, her hand struck his face. “You fucking lousy bastard,” she screamed at him. “My mother is dying and doesn’t even know I’m sitting beside her, and all you can think about is sex. God, you make me sick to my stomach.”

Anger at him and anger at herself for letting him fuck her, made her voice hard.

“Yes it was wonderful wasn’t it Spike.” A hard smile appeared on her mouth as she lifted her clothes from the floor and started to dress. “I hope you really did enjoy it, because it will never happen again. I’m home in Sunnydale, and I never intend to go back to New York.”

Removing the ring from her finger, she flung it down on the bed. “It’s been a lousy three years Spike. The sex was great, but being your whore drove me mad. I don’t need your money or your body anymore, so you can just fuck off back to where you belong.”

Spike stared at her for a long moment before he rose slowly from the bed.

“This isn’t the end, Buffy. I’m in your blood like a fever and you crave me the way I crave you.”

Striding towards her, he pulled her mouth under his and plundered the soft interior of hers. He kept kissing her till she responded, then he let her go.

“You keep on telling yourself that I mean nothing to you, but you WILL come back to me.”

“In your dreams, Spike. I’ll never come back to New York. Dawn needs me now, and I only every needed your money.”

“Oh you needed more than that, Buffy. You need the type of loving I give you.”

Balefully she stared at him as she dressed.

“I might want you, Spike. And in some twisted way I might even need you.” As she walked towards the door, she turned and gave him a hard smile. “But there is no way I’m ever gonna love you.”

With her parting words ringing in his ears, Spike stared at the door she had slammed in her wake as she left the room.
High Noon by Gillypod
Author's Notes:
Well my friends, the muse is most defintiely back, let's all hope she's here to stay....
Chapter 5 – High Noon


He had stayed in Sunnydale till Joyce Summers’ funeral, but he had returned to New York the following day. Buffy had made it plain that she didn’t want to see him again, and he loved her too much to argue.

But he had plans – big plans.

It took almost six months. Six months of planning, selling, buying and packing to move. He had no qualms in selling the club in New York. Even though times were hard, Angel had paid well over the asking price just to get a foot in the door. It took time to sort out the paperwork, but the sale had gone through quickly. Angel, the mug, had paid him cash.

Who was he to complain about a quick sale?

Buying something in Sunnydale was not too hard, but making sure it was fitted out to his taste proved a lot harder. He couldn’t return until almost opening night, and all the arrangements had to be done through a third party. Spike had ensured that no one knew who had bought the old warehouse; he didn’t want to warn her of his return.

Clem and Xander had agreed to accompany him on his new venture. Neither man had any ties in New York, and the promise of work in a quiet town in California was incentive enough. The orchestra and the dancers were staying put, Angel had been more than happy to keep them on. They knew the music and routines that kept the customers happy, and it would take too long to replace them.

Spike had snickered to himself when he closed the deal. Angel was too stupid to realise that Buffy was the big draw in the club. If the Irishman had no musical ear, hell, that wasn’t Spike’s fault.

As the days drew closer to the big move, Spike started to get nervous. He had made no attempt to contact Buffy, and part of him was afraid that she had moved on. Six months was a long time, but he hoped that she had spent the time catching up with her sister.

But what was she doing for money?

He refused to think about it. He refused to let his mind go down that dark path of despair. She would have found work as a waitress, or something….anything rather than sleep with another man.

She couldn’t forget him so quickly……could she?

He couldn’t switch off his brain. Sitting in his office for the last time, surrounded by boxes of paperwork ready to be shipped, he wondered if he was doing the right thing. Missing her terribly, knowing she was out there was almost too much. He loved her more than his own life, and he wasn’t prepared to wait for her to come to him.

He knew that would never happen. Well, if the mountain won’t come to Mohammed…..

Sitting in his office chair, his head in his hands, tormented by dark thoughts he almost missed the opening of the door.

“Just thought I’d pop by, boss” Clem greeted him cheerily.

Lifting his head from his hands, Spike let a melancholy smile cross his face.

“Have you and Xander found a place to live in Sunnydale yet?”

“Yep.” Clem answered. “Nice little three-bed apartment near the docks.”

“You didn’t let anyone know who you were when you leased it, did you?” Spike said alarmingly.

Clem smiled, “No, Spike. There’s no need to worry.” Stepping further into the room, Clem closed the door behind him before taking the chair on the other side of Spike’s desk.

“What about you, Spike?” he asked. “You got somewhere yet?”

A genuine smile lit Spike’s face. It was one of the few that Clem had seen since Spike’s return from Sunnydale. “I’ve bought the house next door to Buffy.”

Shock made Clem’s mouth open wide. “How the hell did you manage that?”

“I was lucky, I suppose.” Spike continued to smile. “That and paying a fortune for the place.”

Clem smiled. Spike was a good employer, and an even better friend. One of the reasons Clem had decided to follow him to Sunnydale was his loyalty. Well, that and the chance of a nice life out of the city.

Looking round the room, Clem noticed the packed boxes for the first time. “When are the movers coming to pick up this stuff?”

Looking at his watch, Spike frowned a little. “They should be here any minute. I better check everything’s ready.” Smiling at Clem, Spike continued. “Wanna help?”

Smiling back, Clem answered. “You think you have to ask?”

Laughing gently, Spike rose from his chair at the same time as Clem. Together they would get this show on the road.

##

Tending bar. All she could find as work was tending bar. The jewellery Spike had lavished on her over the years had long gone. Pawnbrokers were your friend when you had something to sell.

It was now two in the morning, and the house lay quiet. She had quietly let herself in about ten minutes before, her shift over until the next night. Dawn had long since gone to bed, and this was her time. Time to reflect on her come-down in life: time to reflect on just what she had lost.

At first she was glad to see the back of Spike. He had kept her by his side for three years, and she was relieved he went back to New York. However, within a week, she had started to miss him. It wasn’t just the sex; it was the companionship she missed most.

She missed talking to him most of all.

There had been a few times in the past few months when she almost sent him a wire asking him to come back for her and Dawn, but she had resisted. She was determined never to go back to the life she led before, especially now that Dawn knew about her past. If she had nothing else to give her sister, she could teach her to be wary of handsome men with bedroom eyes.

She knew it would take her a while to calm down from her night in the bar and get some sleep. Each night was a battle against the roving hands and the lustful looks of the patrons. Nearly all of them thought that because she sold them beer, she sold herself too. Tonight had been no different. The consolation was that the job paid well, and the tips were good.

In the soft lamplight, she lifted the newspaper from the coffee table. As always, she turned to the Job Vacant page first. She could almost remember the days when that section of the newspaper was many pages long, now you were lucky to see two or three ads.

It was then she noticed it. In big bold type, a new club in town was hiring. Singers, dancers, musicians, waitresses and hat-check girls were required. Inside a strange excitement stirred. This she could do. She was experienced and could perform in front of strangers. Scanning down the type, she noted that auditions would be held in three days time.

It was her big chance. She would be doing what she loved, and still be close to Dawn. It was perfect.

Smiling to herself, she hugged the newspaper close to her chest. In three days time, she would make sure she was first in line for an audition.

##

Spike decided to take a room at the Sunnydale Inn till the club opened. His house was ready, he had been assured, but he didn’t want to alert Buffy to his presence in town just yet. He had placed the ad in the local paper in the hope she would see it. With luck she would appear at the auditions the next day.

He could hardly wait.

Under the cover of darkness he, Clem and Xander had inspected ‘The Bronze’. His agents had done their work well. The club was well set out, and the cellars were full. The lighting was subtle, the tables lit by candlelight. Xander and Clem tested out the new equipment, sound checks resounding in the main hall while Spike inspected the office.

Every nook and cranny was thoroughly gone over. Even the powder rooms were checked to make sure they were presentable. This was going to be the classiest place around. A place fit for the talents of his Buffy.

Inspection over, and a few things that needed worked on noted, Spike poured a whisky for himself and his friends. Toasting their success with a chink of crystal, Spike decided it was time to head home.

If he was lucky, he would see her within hours.

##

Rising early, Buffy took her time with her appearance. What was acceptable in New York might not be acceptable in Sunnydale. Nerves made her clumsy, and it took a few tries before she was happy with her makeup. Clothes were next. She had managed not to sell the fancy clothes from New York, but she had never worn them since coming home. Now she took delight in covering her bed with outfits of every hue.

Dawn sleepily entered through her open door. “Are the auditions today, Buffy?”

Turning her head to look at her sister, Buffy’s smile lit her face. “Yep, Dawn. Today’s the day.”

“Where did you get the clothes, Buffy?” Dawn asked with awe in her voice as she took in the beautiful outfits on the bed.

A small frown line appeared between Buffy’s eyes as she looked down at the clothes. Her excitement waned as she thought of how she had acquired them. She had packed nearly her whole wardrobe from New York when she and Spike had travelled to Sunnydale. She had done it deliberately as she knew she would never be going back.

“I brought them from New York,” was all she could think to say.

Knowing better than to comment, Dawn nodded sagely. Deciding to change the subject, she asked brightly. “Have you seen the new neighbours yet?”

Recognising Dawn’s strategy for what it was, Buffy decided to play along. “Not a sign. I don’t think they’ve moved in yet. Mrs Jackson has been peeking out her drapes day and night for over a week hoping to catch sight of them.”

Both sisters laughed at the image. Mrs Jackson lived across the street, and if there was gossip to be had, then the woman was always the first to find it.

“Well,” Dawn said, “the furniture’s been in there for almost two weeks, so someone must be moving in soon.”

“Maybe,” was all Buffy could think of to say in reply. “Now scoot to your own room and get ready. I need to pick an outfit for this audition.” Lifting a deep green suit from the bed, Buffy studied it carefully.

“I like that one, Buffy” Dawn put it as she left the room. “It’s the exact colour of your eyes.”

Dawn had gone before Buffy let the tears fill her eyes. Spike had said the same thing when he bought it for her. Scrubbing the tears away, Buffy turned to the mirror to repair her makeup.

No time for idle thoughts now, she had an audition to pass.

##

For all his planning, Spike knew that Buffy would know he owned the club the minute she said ‘Hello’ to Clem. She had to find out sometime, and he was determined she come to him. He knew his Buffy well, and if he stayed out of the way in his new office she would come storming in to ask him what the hell he was doing in Sunnydale.

He could hardly wait. Anticipation warred with excitement and he could feel his dick start to respond to his thoughts. In all the time apart from her, he hadn’t looked at another woman. He had remained faithful to her; he just hoped that she had done the same.

The tinkling of the piano softly intruded into his sanctum. The auditions were starting, and he hoped that Buffy was out there. Soon she would be here. He could almost feel her presence. Was it his imagination, or did he love her so much he knew when she was close?

Only time would tell.

One hour later, he was still sitting behind his desk. He had kept himself in check. Every fibre of his being tingled with eagerness as he waited for her body to burst through his door.

Buffy finally made her way to the stage through the side curtain. All the girls had changed in the tiny dressing room that still smelled of new paint, and their names were being called in alphabetical order.

It seemed to take forever to get down to ‘S’.

In shocked disbelief, she stared at Xander sitting smiling behind the piano. Turning quickly to the body of the club, her eyes searched for Spike. If Xander was here, then Spike must own the club. When her eyes fell on Clem, she was sure.

“Where the fuck is he, Clem?” she screamed into the darkness.

Clem had been warned just how she would react, and he had been well prepared with an answer. Slowly and calmly he answered. “He’s out back in the office, Buffy.”

With all the grace of a dancer, Buffy jumped from the stage. She was going to kill him. Visions ran through her head of pulling out his rib-cage and wearing it as a hat as she stalked through the club.

It didn’t take long to find him. Bold as brass she threw open the office door, relishing the sound as it banged back against the wall. Feet slightly apart, and hands glued to her hips, she stared at him with venom.

Oh how he had waited for this. Six long months of hardly being alive, and here she was. He wanted nothing more than to pull her into his arms and stamp his possession on her, but that would have to wait.

This time he would woo her as a lover should.

“Well look what the cat dragged in,” he drawled. “Looking for work are we, pet?”

Her eyes narrowed into angry slits. She had wanted this job so badly, but she would never work for him again. She thought too much of herself now to return to being his whore.

“I was, Spike” her smile never reaching her eyes. “But I rather eat my own entrails than work for you again.”

Spike tried not to let the disappointment show. He had planned on hiring her as his main attraction, but this time he wouldn’t try to get her into bed. She would have to come to him.

Shrugging his shoulders, he gave her a grin. “Then this is where we say ‘Good-Bye’, pet.”

“Fuck off, Spike” her parting words hung in the air as she slammed the door.

Staring at the closed door, Spike sat down shakily. She had called his bluff and he didn’t know what to do. He knew her well enough to know that she wouldn’t be back.

He had to find another way to win her back.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=26404