Wings of an Angel by Ariadne
Summary: After Buffy's death in season 5, she ends up in heaven, with white wings, growing from her shoulders. Spike is mourning Buffy, he accepts that she is gone and he seeks redemption, trying to be a better man. Instead of bringing Buffy back to the living, a new slayer is called and life goes on. But is Buffy really gone?
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Sexual Situations, Spike/Other, Character Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 32 Completed: No Word count: 41709 Read: 32457 Published: 08/07/2007 Updated: 04/17/2008

1. Lost by Ariadne

2. A new slayer by Ariadne

3. Training by Ariadne

4. Fly on the wings of love by Ariadne

5. Little bird by Ariadne

6. Angel of mine by Ariadne

7. Hurt by Ariadne

8. Strawberry desire by Ariadne

9. Tara, baby by Ariadne

10. Into the light by Ariadne

11. Hope by Ariadne

12. Awakening by Ariadne

13. Twinkle, twinkle, little star by Ariadne

14. Watching the stars by Ariadne

15. Stardust by Ariadne

16. Destiny by Ariadne

17. In the arms of my lover by Ariadne

18. Dark angel by Ariadne

19. I have faith in you by Ariadne

20. Where the good magic lives by Ariadne

21. Bliss by Ariadne

22. I'm no angel by Ariadne

23. What my heart desire by Ariadne

24. Rain by Ariadne

25. Cherry blossom by Ariadne

26. Lovers from the past by Ariadne

27. One dark night by Ariadne

28. Bed of roses by Ariadne

29. Thorn by Ariadne

30. Let love in by Ariadne

31. Illusions by Ariadne

32. White light by Ariadne

Lost by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
Enjoy! I've been writing this during my vacation, hope you like it!
She woke up in a white room, lying in a bed. How long had she been sleeping? She didn't know. Her head ached, her body was covered with bruises and she had scratches in her palms.

The last thing she remembered was the memory, that had kept her thoughts concerned, that chased her in her dreams during sleep, not letting her forget what has happened. She had threw herself down that tower to close the portal to Glory's dimension, saving Dawn's life, offering her own to save the world.

She had fell lifeless to the ground and her friends had cried. Buffy, herself, was in darkness, alone, but she could still hear them, crying over her dead body. Her body felt heavy to the ground, no longer letting her move, and her senses weak.

At her funeral, she could feel their love, warming her cold body. She was still in darkness, lost. They buried her, down under the ground, she rested in her grave.

Then in her darkness, she felt warmth, she saw a gleam of light, a tunnel and she had followed the light, walked through it. The light had glowed stronger, the closer she came and she had seen a white temple before she had passed out again.

Spike had been hiding from the sunlight inside of his crypt during the funeral, mourning alone. At night, he had gone to her grave, laying next to it, whispering her name. Still, he could feel how deeply he had loved her, he had showed her his true feelings. He could still see her face in front of him and he remembered how soft her lips had been when she had kissed him. One kiss that had changed everything, that kiss she gave him for protecting Dawn from Glory. Buffy had put hope in his heart, maybe she had feelings for him.

He started crying, he would never find out now, she was gone.

Spike wished that he had bit her, then she would be dead, but in his arms. She could learn to love him, but she could maybe never forgive him for turning her, a slayer, into a vampire. But if, he thought, they could have been like he and Drusilla used to be, eternal lovers, inseparable. He sighed deeply, closing his eyes.

He had to see her one last time. He started to dig up her coffin, to kiss those soft lips again, hold her lifeless body in his arms. He opened the white coffin a little bit, waiting, suddenly feeling insecure. He closed his eyes, opened her coffin, but felt that something was wrong. He opened his eyes to find that her body was missing. He cried out in pain. He closed her coffin, then opened it again, to be sure, not trusting what his eyes had showed him. She still wasn't there. The closed the chest lid with a loud sound, jumping out of her grave, throwing the black soil over her white coffin, making it black, letting out his disappointment, filling the black hole.

He looked at her gravestone, touched it with his fingertips, sorrow in his eyes as he left, disappearing in the darkness of the cemetery, longing for her, his Buffy.

Buffy blinked her eyes, trying to get used to the white light, surrounding her. The whole room was white. She wore a white halterneck dress and her nails were painted white too. Someone had healed her, all the bruises and scratches had disappeared from her skin, but it was itching on her back, on her shoulders. It felt like small lumps, she could feel them, when she was trying to scratch herself.

A week later it really hurt, the lumps growing bigger, stretching her skin out.

One morning, when she woke up, she found a white feather in her bed. She let it touch her lips, feeling how soft it was. She realized that she was laying on feathers, they surrounded her in the bed. It took her a while to realize that she was laying on her wings, her white angelwings. They were still growing. She couldn't move them, it hurt. She was becoming an angel.

She heard that someone opened the door to her room and she found herself looking into the eyes of an oracle. The woman came closer, looking wise, wearing a white Greek dress, her hair curly and dark, her eyes sparkling.

“You seem to feel better now.” Her voice was soft.

“And your wings are evolving the way they should.” Buffy nodded.

“I´m so thankful for heeling me, for making me an angel, if that is what I will become...” Buffy hesitated, not knowing how to proceed.

“As an angel of the oracles, The Powers That Be, in our dimension, you will serve us, keeping an eye on the earth. I will train you.” The oracle smiled at her.

“I will learn you how to fly. But you must rest now, you are still weak and your wings need to get stronger. Can you move them?”

“I can't, the pain wont let me.”

The oracle touched Buffy´s wings, letting them heal a little, before she took her warm, soft hands away. The oracles hands seemed to glow. Buffy tried to move her wings and managed to create a small shiver in them. The oracle kissed her on the forehead.

“Try to get some sleep. I will check on you later.” The oracle left the room.

Buffy lay down in the bed, closing her eyes, her soul in safe hands, her destiny to become an angel. Resting from her duties being a slayer with the world on her shoulders.

But her heart ached after one person, a person she had loved, but she had hid her feelings deep in her heart, not letting herself fall in love with another vampire. She missed him, a wound in her heart, never leaving her mind. She didn't want him to leave either, clinging to the memory, keeping it in her heart.

Spike sat under the stars, looking at the sky, thinking of Buffy, trying to understand, dealing with her death, knowing that Dawn was alone. Well, she was with Tara and Willow, but her sister was gone.

He went to see Dawn, climbing in through her window, finding her in the bed, crying. He held her in his arms, sharing her pain.

“Dawn, it will be fine,” he promised her, not believing his own words.
A new slayer by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
If you wanna make my day, please leave a review!
Giles sat on the sofa, looking worried, polishing his glasses.

“Willow, are you sure you could fix the buffybot? This town needs to be protected from the evil lurking in the darkness. They must not find out about Buffy's death. We must fight them, do our best to dust them and the buffybot must lead our way.”

“I am almost done with her, just a little programming left to do, she'll be out on the streets tonight, don't worry.” Willow assured him with a sad smile.

“Not alone, anyway, we have to go with her, you, me and Xander... It's too dangerous for her to go alone.” Giles cleared his throat, still polishing his glasses.

“I know, it will be a long night.” Willow sighed. “But we have to do our best and hope that our little secret won't be revealed.”

Dawn came down the stairs with Spike, listening to the conversation.

“Spike can help us, right Spike?” Dawn eyed the vampire, giving him her sweetest smile.

“Anything for you, niblet.” He padded her on the head, then turning to Willow and Giles.

“If that's okay with you... If you need my help.” Spike swallowed hard and glanced at the buffybot, laying in Willow's lap, trying not to stare at it.

“Fine, we go out patrolling tonight.” Giles tried to smile, but failed.

“And Dawn will stay home with Tara.” Willow smiled at Dawn, while she put the buffybot aside and gave the young brunette a gentle hug.

Spike couldn't take his eyes from the buffybot, laying on the floor, with her eyes closed. He couldn't stand being around her, he knew she wasn't the one he loved, just a stupid robot, messing his mind up. At the same time, he wanted to be close to her, hold her in his arms. He turned around and went upstairs, wiping away a tear, hoping that nobody saw him doing it.

When darkness fell, they went out, patrolling.

Dawn and Tara were surprised when the doorbell rang, they sat in the sofa, watching an old romantic movie. Tara was about to open the door when Dawn stopped her.

“Who could it be, at this time?”

It was late, Tara looked at her watch. The doorbell rang again and she opened the door.

“Oh, Angel, come in.” Tara smiled at him. “Me and Dawn were w-watching a movie, w-wanna join us? W-we got popcorn if you w-want some?”

Angel stepped in and sat down on the sofa, between them, with his head in his hands.

“Sorry,” he started. They turned off the TV.

“I came as soon as I heard. I can't believe she's gone. Who's gonna patrol now?” He looked up at the two girls.

“They are out patrolling now, with the buffybot.” Dawn answered him, putting her hand on his shoulder.

“Do you think that will be enough?" He sounded almost sarcastic.

“No, but a new slayer w-will be called. Too bad that Faith is still in jail...” Tara stammered.

“Buffy was the best, it'll be hard for anybody to replace her, almost impossible. So, have you heard who this new slayer is?” Angel looked curious.

“No, not yet. The Watchers Council is investigating, she will be sent to us, as soon they know.” Dawn assured him.

“Good, I doubt that robot will last much longer,” Angel said and looked worried.


Willow came in through the door, carrying the buffybot in her arms. She sighed.

“I thought I had fixed her, but there is something wrong with the programming. Instead of dusting vampires, she just wanted to chase Spike. He took off. If I hadn't switched her off, she would still chase him.” She put her hair behind her ears.

“Oh, hi Angel.” She smiled at him. Angel muffled a laughter in his throat. He looked amused.

“Spike? Is he patrolling? I can't believe it!”

“Not me either, but I appreciated his help. He staked at least five vampires, I only staked one, then the buffybot went nuts and destroyed everything and I think I know why he took off.” Willow let her breath out.

Dawn whispered something to Tara and Tara nodded.

“So, Captain Peroxide miss Buffy. I thought he would be happy now, another dead slayer.” Angel had a smug look of satisfaction, his face expressing his amusement.

“Doesn't he collect them?” Angel smirked. “I bet that he doesn't miss her like I do.”

Giles and Xander came in through the door and saw Angel sitting on the sofa. Giles felt his back aching, it had been a long night.

“I don't think I could do this every night, I'm getting old.” Giles complained to Willow.

Willow was trying to fix the buffybot, programming her to fight vampires. Tara and Dawn went upstairs to sleep. Willow looked at Giles.

“Why can't we just resurrect Buffy?”
“No, Willow, it is too dangerous, dear. That kind of magic, keep away from it, promise me that.” Giles eyed her. Angel agreed with Giles.

“What if something goes wrong?” Angel gave her a worried look.

“I know what I'm doing.” Willow crossed her arms.

“Willow, i'ts out of question!” Giles raised his voice. “We keep the bot a while, until we get a new slayer. And we don't resurrect Buffy, let her rest in peace.”


Spike had been standing outside the door, he opened it, stepped in and faced them.

“If you're going to resurrect a person, don't you need the body then?" They all looked at him.

“What do you mean?” Giles wondered.

“Her coffin is empty.” Spike let out a sad sigh, looking down at the floor.

“Impossible, we all saw her laying in the coffin in the church and then we carried her white coffin out to the cemetery and buried her in the dark soil.“ Giles shook his head.

“How do you know that she´s gone?” Willow asked Spike, with a suspicious tone.

“I dug it up, to see her one last time. It´s not my bloody fault that she's gone. I just wanted to see her.” He looked away, not wanting to face them, his hands trembling.

Angel had been watching the conversation, in silence, now he rose from the sofa.

“I'll better go, they need me back home.” With that, Angel walked out through the door.


The next night Tara joined them, patrolling. Dawn spent the night at Janice´s place. They went to the cemetery, hoping that there would be vampires lurking around there. Of course, there were vampires. Xander and Willow worked as a team. Giles and the buffybot worked well together, him telling her what to do, giving instructions.

Tara felt very insecure. She had never been close to a vampire, not even to Spike. She squeezed her stake hard. Spike looked amused.

“So, Tara, are you afraid?”

“N-no.” He smiled at her.

“Just stay close to me and I'll show you how to defend yourself.” Tara nodded.

“Just go for the heart, luv. Don't worry, I'm right behind you and I'll help you.”

She let her breath out, letting her eyes get used to the dark light, searching for vampires.

“Oh, there is one, behind that grave.” Spike pointed at a vampire, lurking behind a gravestone.

“No, I don't w-want to.” Tara objected.

“Come on, try! I'll help you.” Spike assured her.

They went closer, the vampire was standing with its back against them. Tara raised her stake, preparing to kill him. She searched for Spike, to check if he was watching her. The lurking vampire turned around and put his hands on her arms. Tara screamed.

“Tara!” She heard Willow call out her name.

Tara raised the stake, like acting automatically, and dusted the vampire, looking at the dust in shock, her breath shaky.

“Well done, Tara.” Spike smirked at her. “You did it.”

They went home before the sun rose, tired and wanted to sleep. Giles took the phone, it was ringing when they came home. It was the Watchers Council.

“So, Rupert, have you started her training yet?

“What? Training who?” Giles sounded confused.

“Your new slayer, of course.”

“I don't even know who she is?”

“She's close, she's been with you the whole evening, hasn't she?”

“I don't understand.” Giles took of his glasses.

“Her name is Tara, I don't know is she knows yet, who she is.”

“Tara? Is Tara the new slayer?” Giles looked at her, while he held the phone close to his ear.

“M-me? They have to be w-wrong.” Tara looked insecure.
Training by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
Enjoy!
"I can't be a slayer, I'm a wicca, nothing more. I'm useless.” Tara bowed her head.

“No, you're not, pet. You staked a vampire, remember?” Spike told her.

“Did you feel anything when you did it? Strength? Power?” Giles asked her.

“I don't know,” Tara sobbed. “How am I going to be a slayer?”

“I will train you,” Giles promised her.

“We will all support you, Tara.” Willow assured her, kissing her on the lips. “We will all help you, baby.” Willow smiled at her girlfriend.

Spike was standing by the door. I knew that there was something special about Tara, he thought, before he went home, crawled into his bed, hugging one of Buffy's sweaters, feeling her scent before he closed his eyes and fell asleep. Outside his crypt the sun rose.


Spike spent the next day thinking, should he help them training Tara or not? Tara needed help, she had a lot to learn, he knew that. That bloody chip in his head made it hard for him to train her, he couldn't even hit her, because of the pain. How could she learn to fight if she didn't get the chance to practise? Giles wasn't exactly getting younger and Xander, what did he know about fighting? Not so much, not much enough to train a slayer.

Giles had been Buffy's watcher and he had done his job well. Buffy had been easy to train, she hadn't even got the slayers guidebook, Giles had thought that she wouldn't need one. She had been a natural talent, strong and lithe and through the years, she had developed into a very good slayer.

Tara was in the beginning of turning into a slayer, she was called and she had to learn being one. Buffy had been insecure too, in the beginning, but not like Tara was now.


The buffybot was patrolling with Willow, when the darkness fell outside. Tara joined them to study the buffybot, slaying vampires. The buffybot slew two vampires, before she saw Spike. She threw herself in his arms.

“Oh, Spike. I can't stand your sinister attraction. I'm yours.” Spike looked bothered.

“I'll help you,” Willow said, making the buffybot let go of Spike. Tara cleared her throat.

“Will, hadn't you fixed the bot?”

“I did, but some side-effects seem to be hard to get rid off.” Willow looked at Spike, who looked down at the ground, avoiding the bot's attempt to get back in his arms.Willow held her, trying to distract her. Spike went into the darkness and hid in his crypt.

Willow and Tara took the bot home.


Spike sat on his sofa watching TV all night long, when the sun rose, he let sleep claim him. His dreams were full of Buffy. He could see her in front of him, her face smiling, little stars in her eyes and he could feel her scent. She was so close that he could touch her, but he didn't.
She moved her lips and he listened carefully he could hear her.

“Spike, take care of Dawn for me, promise me that. Try to be a better man, seek redemption and do good. I wish I could give you my soul, but you will have to get your own back. I miss you so much, you got a piece of my heart.”

She leaned forward to kiss him, the stars glittering in her eyes, wet of tears. Their lips touched.

Spike woke up with a gasp. The dream had been so real. He had to do what she had told him to do. Take care of Dawn, seek redemption and get his soul back. He touched his lips with his fingertips, her lips had been warm.


Buffy's tears fell in the bowl of water she had in front of herself. The surface of the water was moving when the tears dripped down. A minute ago, she had kissed Spike, then the connection was broken. This was the first part of her training, to contact people in their dreams, leads them in the right direction by her mind, letting her see through a bowl of water, see pictures on the surface.

She felt exhausted, it took a lot of energy to do this. She had succeeded to get a connection, she had thought of Spike, focused on him and when she had opened her eyes she had seen him on the surface. She had been inside his dream and hoped that he would listen to her. She had leaned forward to kiss him and when her lips had touched the surface, she had broke the connection. Maybe there was no kissing in heaven, she thought.

She could see the white bottom of the bowl, she touched it. The water was still warm.

Her wings were fully grown now, she practised everyday in her room, fluttering with them when she was alone. She had to learn to control the telepathy better and then mind-reading before she would be allowed to learn how to fly. Then she had to learn healing and blessing. Defending, she had no problems with that, she had been a slayer after all. But she had to be gentle, no violence that wasn't necessary, she was an angel now. She should help, guide people, save them from disasters, lead them with love, guiding them to be better humans, to make them do better choices.

The oracle taught her every morning. When she had learned telepathy, they began with the mind-reading. Buffy learned how to use the bowl of water like a TV, showing her what she wanted to see, mostly Sunnydale and her friends. She saw Tara, tossing and turning in her bed, afraid of being the chosen one, the slayer. Buffy was surprised to find out that Tara was a slayer now. She wondered if she was going to make it, she had a lot of training in front of her.

She watched Willow, sleeping next to Tara and how she tried to embrace Tara in her sleep to calm her down. Buffy thought of Willow hard and whispered into her friends dream.

“Willow don't give up, help Tara. I will help you, she will be a slayer, just like I was.”

Willow moved in her sleep.

“Buffy?” Willow saw her friend in front of her, in her dream.

“Yes.” Buffy whispered, smiling at her best friend.

“You got wings.” Willow mused.

“I know, sweetie. Don't worry.” Buffy looked happy and Willow closed her eyes, with a smile on her lips.


The oracle took Buffy to a room, letting her practise mind-reading on strangers, seeking help from The Powers That Be. She stood next to the oracle, her face painted with white and silver patterns, reading minds in silence. The guests were told to be quiet as well, before they asked their questions to the oracle. This training was easy, she just had to pick a person, concentrate and listen carefully. She used the water to watch Spike and when she read in his mind, that he was going to do what she had told him to, she smiled.


“Tara, try again.” Giles begged her. “Do it one more time.”

“Giles, I n-need a break.” Tara drank some water from a pink bottle.

“Hit it or kick it, if that's better.” She kicked the sack.

“Good girl, I know you can!” Giles encouraged her, as she kicked the bag again.

“I feel stronger n-now.” Tara smiled at him. I hope it will be enough, Giles thought. He stared at her, when the sack fell to the ground. She smiled.

“Giles, I think I got it now, at least the strength...”
Fly on the wings of love by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
Here comes the next chapter! Enjoy! :)
Tara's training went well, she read the slayer's guidebook and studied older texts about vampires and demons. Willow showed her the database on her computer, but there was something missing. She needed to practise to move in a fight, her fighting skills and technique had to get better. Giles had instructed her how to stake, but it wasn't enough. It was too dangerous to practise on real vampires, she knew that, it was too soon, her fear wouldn't let her do it. She had to learn how to move, maybe she could dance? She swirled around the room, fighting invisible enemies, until Willow caught her in her arms, looking into her eyes, kissing her on the cheek.


Spike stopped by Buffy's house before he left. He wanted to check that Dawn was okay, before he was going to Africa, seeking the demon that might restore his soul, that was what Buffy had wanted him to do, get his soul back. He had heard stories of that demon, and stories about the trials he had to pass. He had thought of it the whole day, and now, when it was dark, he should go, ride his motorcycle, drive all night, sleep at day, hiding from the sun.

He passed Willow on his way to the house, and stopped by to ask her something.

“Willow, have you been dreaming of Buffy lately?”

“Yes, why?” She smiled at him.

“I was just thinking... I had a dream and it was so real, do you think my dream meant something?”

“Dreams always mean something.” Willow looked dreamy. “She had wings in my dream, maybe she's an angel now.” Her eyes were sparkling and he noticed a gleam of sadness in them. He hugged her.

“Take care of Dawn for me, I have to do something, I'll be gone for a while.” Willow promised that she would take good care of Dawn and Spike drove away.


Buffy stood on a cloud, letting her wings flutter, feeling the air under them. The oracle stood next to her, holding her hand.

“You have to believe in yourself, Buffy,” the oracle told her. “Create a picture of yourself flying, hold it in your thoughts and fly.”

“It's not that simple,” she objected, looking down at the clouds below her.

“Believe.”

She closed her eyes and visualized herself flying, letting go of the oracles hand. Her wings started fluttering even more and she lifted from the white cloud about a meter, then she sank down again with a disappointed smile.

“Not bad, we can try again later. You have to believe, don´t be afraid, dear.” The oracle put her hand on Buffy's shoulder.


Buffy went to her room, thinking of Tara, looking in the bowl of water, whispering.

“Tara, follow your heart, sweetie. You have to find the slayer in yourself. Use what you already know, use your magic, learn to fight. I believe in you.”


Spike was in Africa now and he entered the cave, eyeing the demon, asking him for the trials.


Buffy was out on that cloud again, concentrating, her wings started to move, the air under her wings and she found herself lifting from the cloud and she flew up, higher in the sky, floating, her heart filled with joy. She landed on the cloud, put her hands on her chest, turned around and saw the oracle, standing behind her. Her mind told her that the oracle was pleased. Buffy smiled. The oracle cocked her head to the side and Buffy heard the woman's voice inside of her head.

“I'm proud of you, you will become an angel, my best one ever.” They smiled at each other.


Spike passed all three tests, he got his soul back, confused, bruises all over his body, wounds and scars. He looked tired, laying on the ground, exhausted with closed eyes. All the pain he had caused, he saw it in front of his eyes. It was like a never-ending movie. He could feel all the pain, it was like needles sticking him, wounds burning in his soul. The demon had put his hand on Spike's chest, giving him his soul back.

Buffy saw Spike through her water. She cried when she saw his agony, wanted to heal and comfort him, for causing him pain, going through bad memories. She whispered that she loved him, but she wasn't sure if he could hear her, when he was awake.

He looked up at the sky, pleading. “Buffy, give me a sign. Tell me that this has a meaning.”


Tara woke up. Why hadn't she thought of using magic before? It wasn't like she had stopped being a wicca, because she was a slayer now. She touched Willow's shoulder.

“Will, you awake, sweetie? I know w-what to do now, how I can kill the v-vampires, let's go patrolling tonight.”

“As you wish,” Willow answered sleepily. “Shall we bring the buffybot?”

“No, turn her off.” Tara smiled, making plans suddenly felt easy.


When darkness fell, the two girls went out, patrolling.

“Tara, are you sure of this?” Willow had no idea of what was about to come.

“Yes, when we see a v-vampire, we do this spell and he will freeze, he can't m-move and I can easily stake him to dust.” She let her breath out, looking relieved.

“This will be good training, I'm still practising, you know. And Giles said it was okay and he´s my w-watcher, so he should know, d-don't you think so?”

“I have never heard of a slayer who uses magic, but it´s a great idea, Tara. Why shouldn't you be a wicca any longer? That's who you are, a wicca and now a slayer.” Willow took Tara's hand and squeezed it gently with her own. Tara smiled at her, her eyes sparkling.

“I have to find the slayer in me and listen to my heart.”

Willow nodded and put Tara's hair behind her ears. Tara sighed deeply.

“I miss Buffy, she was such a good friend.”

“I miss her too, sweetie.” Willow pressed Tara's hand a bit harder.

“There's so much I wanna ask her, so many questions in my head.” Tara said, while she looked at the sky. “Do you think she's an angel now?”

“I believe in angels,” Willow answered, while she dreamily looked up at the sky.


Buffy flew from cloud to cloud, her heart felt light, she moved with grace, floating in the air, her white wings fluttered, her hair blowing in the wind. The sky was light blue and the sun warmed her skin. She flew a long distance, to practise her endurance and strength.

The oracle had told her that she had to be able fly through dimensions, to help people on the earth. Buffy looked forward to do that, she had been in heaven for one month now and she hadn't met so many persons, except for the oracles.

She rested in her room, thinking of Spike. She touched the water and she could see him, still bleeding. He was sleeping now and she touched his cheek with her fingertips on the surface of the water. She whispered “Don't give up, I love you.”

He smiled in his sleep.
Little bird by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
Here comes the next chapter! :)
“Buffy, we have to continue your training. You have to learn how to heal.”

The oracle took Buffy's hands in her own, looking her in the eyes.

“Do you feel the heat? Focus on your heart, let your energy flow out through your hands, let them warm what should be healed.”

The oracle gave Buffy a wounded bird. Buffy held the little blue bird in her hands, caressed its soft feathers. The bird made a sad sound, looking miserable. Buffy sat down and put the bird in her lap, put her hands gently on its wounded body, closed her eyes, freeing love and energy from her heart, letting it go through her arms and reach her hands. It started to glow, soft light came from her hands, warming the little bird, healing its wounded body. The bird closed its eyes, trembling in her lap.

Suddenly, Buffy felt that the little blue bird moved under her hands and chirped . She looked at it tenderly. The bird cocked its head to the side and looked at her with tender-hearted eyes.

“Little bird.”

She whispered softly, while she lifted the bird to her lips and kissed it gently on its head. She lifted her hands up and opened them to give the bird wind under its wings. It took off, flew a bit, came back and sat down on her finger, sat there a while and then flew away, wind under its wings, bursting out a happy tune.

Buffy was touched, her eyes were wet of tears, rolling down her cheeks. The oracle had watched her, now she spoke.

“You healed that bird, just like I healed you, Buffy. It feels good, doesn't it?”

Buffy nodded, not able to speak, stunned by the moment.


Spike was on his way home to Sunnydale. His body ached. He opened the door to Buffy's house and fell down on the floor in the hall, tired and exhausted. Dawn was in the kitchen and ran to him.

“Spike, what has happened to you?”

She sat down on the floor and placed his head in her lap, stroking his hair.

“Dawn, I got my soul back. I did it for Buffy.” His voice cracked.

“I had to go through trials, it wasn't easy, I hope it's worth it.” He could feel that she cried, her tears fell in his hair, she was sharing his pain.

“You really love her, don't you?”

“I do, niblet.” Dawn just held him.

Willow and Tara found them there, in the hall, when they came home from their successful patrolling. Their happy faces disappeared when they saw Spike.

“Oh, w-what has h-happened?” Tara looked worried and touched Dawn's hair softly.

“I'll tell you tomorrow. I don't want to wake him up.” Dawn whispered to them. Willow and Tara went to bed, worried about Spike.

Spike slept with his head in Dawn's lap, he was in safe hands.


Buffy watched them and envied her sister. Oh, how she wished it had been her sitting there with him. She missed him a lot, she had realized that, when she couldn't be with him any longer. Her feelings for him had been growing for a long time, but she hadn't let herself fall in love. Instead she had denied her feelings, putting them away.

She whispered sweet words into his dream and he smiled a little. She lay down in her bed, trying to sleep. She failed and went up, wandering around in her room, thinking of Spike.


The next morning she met the oracle, asking her the question she had been thinking of the whole night.

“There's someone I love and he's hurt, can I heal him?” Buffy looked her in the eyes.

“You mean the vampire?” The oracle didn't look surprised.

“Yes.” Buffy looked down at the white floor.

“I don't know, I've never healed a vampire. You have to be invisible in that dimension, it's too dangerous for you to be visible, you're not finished with your training yet.”

“How do I become invisible?” Buffy asked her.

“I can make you invisible, dear. You could fly there in 5 minutes, your wings are really fast.”

“How do I know the way?” She sounded suddenly insecure.

“Follow your heart, let it lead you. By the way, can you check on a girl, named Fred. I'm afraid she will get sucked into another dimension, named Pylea, against her will, by an evil professor. Save her if you can, she is in L.A.”

“I'll start with Spike. Can I heal him through the water?”

“Try, I'm not sure, I mean he's a vampire. Angels shouldn't be in love with vampires.”

“Tell me about it...” Buffy sighed, but it was a happy sigh.

Buffy thought of Spike, saw him on the surface of the water, put her hands on his chest and started to heal him, during his sleep. The warmth went through her hands to his cold body, making his wounds heal.

“Spike, trust me, I will heal your body,” she whispered.

He felt the heat, coming from her hands and saw her in front of him. Her wings, white and shiny, her eyes glittering stars.

“Buffy? Angel of mine,” he whispered to her.

She took her hands away from his chest. She smiled at him and leaned forward to kiss him, their lips touched and they lost themselves in the moment.

“Buffy?” Spike woke up with her name on his lips.

Dawn woke up as well and yawned sleepily and looked at Spike. All the wounds and bruises were gone, to Dawn's big surprise.

“You heal fast, Spike.” Dawn stroke his hair, looking down at his smiling face.

“It was Buffy. She was here with me. She healed me with her hands,” he mused.

Dawn didn't know what to believe.


Buffy turned invisible and flew to L.A. She saw Fred. She was at school in a library, looking for a book. She found it. Buffy saw an old man, probably the professor. He was about to open the portal, trying to get Fred sucked into it, he couldn't stand that his students were smarter than him. Buffy reached out her hand to grab Fred's hand, but failed. Fred got sucked into Pylea and Buffy was heartbroken. She stole the book, that Fred had been looking for. She decided to post it to Wesley, with a note.

She flew back to heaven, dropping the bad news. She tried to contact Cordelia through her visions, to make Angel help Fred.
Angel of mine by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
Enjoy! :)
Spike found himself in a bed, laying under the cover. The room was dark, the curtains covered the windows well. He looked up at the ceiling, lifted his arms and watched his hands. No wounds, no scars. Had it been a dream? She had been there, her white wings, glittering eyes, warm hands that had healed his wounded body. She was so adorable, his angel. She had to care about him, why would she heal him, a vampire, if she didn't care. Of course, she did care, he thought.

He had seen her in his dreams before, even hearing the words I love you. Words he had longed for, when she had been alive. He closed his eyes, trying to see her in front of himself. The picture of her was clear, her blond hair, intense green eyes, beautifully curved body, white dress, her white soft wings.

She's the light and I belong in the shadows, he thought, sighing. We're not supposed to be together, but love is blind, they say, so maybe we have a chance. He smiled with his eyes still closed.


Tara and Willow finally got a chance to talk to Dawn, making breakfast in the kitchen.

“So, he is alright n-now? I mean, he w-was almost beaten to d-death yesterday?” Tara asked Dawn, while she opened the fridge to get some apple juice. Dawn nodded.

“How could he heal so fast? And what happened to him, in the first place?” Willow wondered. Dawn tried to explain.

“He's confused, he got his soul back, because Buffy wanted him to do that. He had to fight to get it, he went all the way to Africa for her, and then home, to take care of me.” She frowned.

“But now it's the other way round, I take care of him.” Dawn shrugged and smiled at Tara and Willow.

“Was it magic, the healing? Cause I didn't do anything. Did you, Tara?” Willow looked from Dawn to Tara, wondering who had healed Spike.

“No, n-not me either.” Tara shook her head. Dawn cleared her throat.

“He says that Buffy healed him, that she was an angel.”

“An angel?” Willow said. “Yes, I've seen her, in my dreams and I think you have too, Tara?”

Tara nodded. “Yes, she was an angel, speaking to me in a dream.”

“Why hasn't she showed herself for me?” Dawn wondered. “I'm her sister.”

“Don't w-worry, sweetie, I'm sure she's got a good reason,” Tara assured her, taking a sip of her apple juice.


Buffy had a good reason. It hurt too much. Leaving Dawn hadn't been easy, she missed her younger sister a lot, it was like she had lost her child. Buffy had been like a mother for Dawn, since their mother had passed away. She knew that Spike, Willow and Tara would take care of Dawn now, when she couldn't do it any longer. She had been about to show herself for Dawn in her dreams, but every time she had tried, big tears had rolled down her cheeks and she had to stop. She didn't want to worry Dawn, she wanted to give her strength and comfort, not worries. She watched Dawn in the kitchen and decided to try again, to show herself for Dawn, telling her younger sister that she still loves her.


At night, Tara and Willow, went out patrolling again. Willow did the spell and Tara staked the vampires, but Tara thought it was too easy, it was getting boring.

“Will, let me try w-without the spell. I've been training and I think I can do it.”

“It's good to use magic.” Willow looked coldly at her, her eyes looked like ice.

“Don´t you think you use too much? You do spells for almost everything. Willow, I'm scared, you scare me w-with all that magic.” Tara begged.

“It was your idea, the freezing spell.” Willow looked away, not meeting Tara´s gaze.

“Yes, I am still learning how to fight and I thought it was the easiest way to slay vampires by freezing them and maybe that is true, but I never w-wanted you to freeze to ice, love.” Tara sobbed, biting her lip. Willow didn't answer.

“I didn't have to worry about getting hurt. And besides, your eyes look black, w-when you use too much magic, this has to stop.” Tara begged Willow. “Please tell me, that you will stop.”

Never, Willow thought, taking Tara's hand in her own, going home in silence.


I will never give up magic, I am magic. Willow looked at herself in the mirror, her eyes looked a little black, Tara hadn't been lying about that. Willow inspected herself and a cruel smile appeared on her lips. By the mirror sat Amy, the rat, watching her with her peppercorn eyes. Willow lifted Amy in her hands and looked her in the eyes.

“Do you want to have some fun? Use magic with me? You used to be such a good witch, maybe we should break your spell...”

Willow smiled at herself in the mirror and put the rat down, saying a spell. Amy turned to human, confused and naked. Willow handed over a yellow dress to her and some shoes.

“Let's go and have some fun, Amy.” Willow took her hand, sneaking out of the house.

“Sounds good to me. I know just the place to go, if you still like magic...” Amy smiled seductively to Willow, when they went out through the door.


Meanwhile, at Angel Investigations.

“Pylea? What kind of dimension is that?” Cordelia asked Wesley. “Have you heard of it before? It doesn't sound like a nice place and according to my vision, it´s an awful place even though it´s sunny most of the time, but the creatures, who live there, I wouldn't want to meet them. They treat humans like slaves.”

“No, haven't heard of it, but this book will surely answer our questions and the note, which followed the book, says we must go to that library and read loud from the book there to open a portal to Pylea, a demon dimension, to save her.”

“Yes, I know where that library is.” Cordelia frowned, like she had headache.

“Angel can save her, that girl, what was her name again, Cordy?” Wesley stopped reading in the book and looked up at her.

“Fred, she is really smart, a top student, she's pretty, too bad she has ugly glasses, no sense of style there,” Cordelia muttered.

“Angel can bring her home, can't he? We have to hurry. Time goes faster in that dimension.”

Wesley took his jacket and the book under his arm and ran with Cordelia to get Angel.

“I hope it's not too late, please, Cordy, don't tell me it's too late to save her.” Wesley took her hand is his and followed Angel to the library, his heart beating hard in his chest.
Hurt by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
Some lines may be identical or almost identical with the ones in the episodes Over the Rainbow, Through the Looking Glass and There's No Place Like Plrzt Glrb . Just so you know... I hope you like it! :) If you don't, tell me why :p Please review!
“Who did you send the vision to?” The oracle eyed Buffy curiously.

“Cordelia. I think she can help us.” Buffy smiled, waiting for approval.

“Oh, Cordelia, she got her visions from Doyle, but the visions consume her, they damage her. I don't know how long she can stand having them.” The oracle seemed to think hard of Cordelia, reading her mind, then she met Buffy's gaze, glancing at the sky behind Buffy.

“Maybe I should make her into a higher being,” she said, lost in her own thoughts. Buffy interrupted her train of thought by taking her hand in her own.

“Do you think she can open the portal to Pylea, so they can save Fred?”

“They?” The oracle cocked her eyebrow at Buffy.

“Angel and Wesley.”

“I hope so,” the oracle mused.


Spike was out in the darkness, at the cemetery, wandering around, stopping by at Buffy's grave. He put a rose in a vase and lit a white candle. He sat down in the grass. He touched the stone with his fingertips, letting them trace the letters of her name. He felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around, facing Tara, who looked pale, her face seemed almost white in the flickering light from the candle.

“I need you to find Willow for me. She's abusing magic and I'm afraid she'll hurt someone.”

Spike swallowed. “Tara, are you sure? This doesn't sound like the Willow I know.”

“I heard her talking to that rat. She called it Amy or something.” Tara frowned, with tears in her eyes, determined not to let them fall.

“Do you know where she is now?” Spike got up from the ground, taking Tara's hand in his.

“Lets check The Bronze. She might be there.”

They went there, hiding in the shadows of the balcony, watching from above.

“Do you see her?” Spike whispered to Tara.

“No, do you?”

“Down there, at the bar, Willow and another woman in a yellow dress. Wait, they're leaving.”

“We follow them,” Tara whispered to Spike.

Out on the street, two blocks away, they disappeared, right in front of Spike's and Tara's eyes.

“Spike, where did they go?”

“Have you heard the name Rack?” Spike asked Tara.

“No,” she said.

“This is much worse than I thought. We need Giles,” Spike realized.


Cordelia, Wesley and Angel went to the library, since it was in the middle of the night, it was locked. They broke in, the lock was easy to break. They went in, heading for the reading room. Cordelia stood in the middle of the room, filled with bookshelves. She opened the book and started to read loud, confusion spread over her face..

“Crv dr pff lr ploos pls...“

”Cordy, wait!” Wesley lifted his arm to stop her.

“Vos strp umpt pls plsrts in uft frm pltz,” Cordy continued to read. The portal opened with a bright light. Cordy dropped the book, it fell from her hands, as she in shock watched the portal growing bigger and bigger, the wind blowing in her hair, as she was sucked into the portal to Pylea.

“We must follow her, open the portal again, Wes.” Angel appealed.

“I can't open it now, it's too soon, we have to wait.” Wesley sighed.


Cordelia found herself in another dimension, laying in the grass. She looked up at the sky and saw two suns, thinking. It sure is sunny, but will I get tanned?

She decided to explore this dimension, wandering across the forest. She stopped by a stable and saw a dirty girl with long dark hair, working hard, shoveling. Cordy noticed her necklace, a metal collar.

“Are you human? Are you Fred?” Cordelia whispered to the woman.

“Ssh, just work or they will kill you. You don't even have a collar, hide behind me.”

“Eww, I broke a nail,” Cordelia exclaimed. Three guards surrounded her. Cordelia swallowed.

“I can sense that she's cursed with sight, she's cursed, that's why this cow hasn't got a necklace.” A guard stepped closer to Cordy. “We have to do some tests.”

“Leave me alone,” Cordy screamed.


Angel and Wesley managed to open to the portal and jumped in. Angel tried to hide from the sunlight, but nothing happened to him, the two suns were just glittering like gold in the sky.
Guards surrounded them and they were taken to a prison.


“And who are you, precious?” A long-haired man, some kind of warrior eyed Cordelia.

“Cordy.” She held her head high, trying not to intake his smell. “Don't you ever bathe? You stink and I broke a nail in your stupid dimension.” She stared at him with disgust in her eyes.

“Oh, princess, don't worry, you'll like it here.”

“Princess? What are you talking about? Me, a princess? Duh!”

“I mean, a queen.” The man pointed at a throne.

“That's better.” Cordy smiled at him, giving him her hand and his lips softly touched her skin.

“You need a dress, worthy a queen, my love. I want to show you something, later.” He looked into her eyes with a smirk on his lips. “I'm The groosalug, by the way.”


“Bring in the prisoners.” Silas, the priest shouted. Cordy sat on her throne, amused, watching the prisoners, entering the room.

“Cordy?” Wesley looked surprised, seeing her in a fancy dress.

“Hi, guys!” she said, then turning to the guards. “Let them be.”

“Are you sure my queen?” Silas asked. "These are dangerous cows.”

“Leave them to me, I'll handle them. Leave us alone.” Cordelia snapped at him. “I'm the queen, so don't you dare say against me and don't tell me what to do.”

“Stupid cow,” Silas muttered between his teeth, before he left.

Wesley and Angel went up to Cordelia's throne, sitting down in front of her.

“Do you know why they made you to their ruler? Wesley eyed her. She shook her head.

“Well, I'll tell you. There is a prophecy about a cursed one, a being with pure sight, who one day will claim the throne and restore the monarchy. A being with direct connection to The Powers That Be, that's you, dear. You must com-shuk with The groosalug, according to the prophecy and then you will pass on your visions to him.”

“My visions? They are a part of me. I need them.”

“Don't worry, we'll get you out of here, we just need to find Fred.” Angel said to Cordelia.

“Do you know where she is?”

“In the stable, she was there the last time I saw her.” Cordy answered.


Angel went to the stable, searching for Fred, he found her, took a horse and rode with her into the woods and brought her back to Cordy, challenging The groosalug to fight him.

“The winner gets the princess, the looser dies,” Angel eyed the warrior and smacked him in the head, showing his fangs, trying to bite him in the neck.

“Stop it, no more fighting! I love him,” Cordelia looked at Groo.

“You love me?” Angel looked at her, with hope in his heart.

“No, I love him.” Cordelia gave Groo a hug. She stood up, looking out over her realm.

“I had a vision. There will be no more fights, no more slavery, all creatures are equal and no one should be persecuted because of their religion. Live in peace! I have to leave Pylea.”

“Do you have to go, love?” Groo gave her a kiss goodbye.

“You'll be fine without me, but I'll miss you.” She smiled at him, taking her crown off, placing it on his head.


They went home with the help of the sacred books, found by Wesley in Pylea, and they brought Fred, to Buffy's and the oracle's great joy.


Buffy sighed, now she had to deal with Willow and help Tara.
Strawberry desire by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
I'm posting two chapters today, Hurt and Strawberry desire :)
There's nothing going on between Spike and Dawn, so don't worry. To him, she's just a little girl and he promised Buffy to take care of her.
Willow and Amy laughed all the way home, feeling dizzy and almost insane.

“I told you he was nice, didn't I?” Amy asked Willow.

“It was fantastic, all that power, I could feel it, when he touched my hand and set me floating in the air. It was like flow, filling my heart.” Willow sighed deeply, drunk of magic.

“I want that power.” Willow stopped and gazed into Amy's sparkling eyes.

“You can take it, darling. Take it away from him!” Amy laughed hysterically.

“Maybe I will...” Willow had black sinister eyes.


Tara had fell asleep in the sofa, the TV showed the news, it seemed like there had been strange things happening at The Bronze. Tara woke up, when she heard footsteps in the hall, a door that was closed and Willow stood there, taking off her jacket.

“Willow?” Tara called out to her.

The red-haired girl sat down by Tara's feet, leaning her head on Tara's legs.

“ I thought you wanted to be with me. Who is she? I saw you at The Bronze,” Tara said with disappointed voice, holding her tears away.

“Oh, it's Amy, the rat,” Willow giggled. “There´s nothing between us, we're just friends.”

“When did you do the unbinding spell?” Tara wondered.

“Earlier today, I finally managed to do it. And there she was.” Willow smiled at the memory, not noticing Tara's sadness.

“Don't you think you use too much magic? You scare me, you know that, sweetie?” Tara swallowed and wiped away a tear.

“Tara, baby, don't worry. I've got it under control,” Willow assured her.


Buffy watched through her water, not pleased with what she saw. Willow used her magic in the wrong way, to give herself power and control. She wondered how long Tara could stand being close to Willow, being hurt. That girl, Amy, was wicked, fooling Willow to do worse things, like going to Rack and get high on magic. She hoped that her friends could stop Willow, before it was too late.


Spike sat by Buffy's grave, joined by Dawn, resting in his arms. She yawned.

“Are you tired, niblet?” He gave her an amused look.

Dawn tried to look alert, but failed.

“You're just like your sister.” He smiled. “Always trying to make an impression.”

“I'm not.” Dawn crossed her arms, pouting a little.

“Yes, you are,” he said, teasing her.

“No, I don't want to be alone. You said you would take care of me.” She gave him a puppy dog look and he smiled at her.

“I will, niblet. We could sleep in my crypt tonight, you'll be safe there.”

“What about Tara?” Dawn didn't like the thought of leaving Tara with Willow, at this moment, with Willow abusing magic.

“She'll be fine. We'll see her tomorrow,” Spike assured her.


Spike opened the door to his crypt, went in and closed it behind him and Dawn.

“Spike?”

“Yes.”

“Have you got a toothbrush for me?”

“Maybe, I stole one of Buffy's once, let me check. Here it is.” He gave her a pink toothbrush. Dawn removed the package and brushed her teeth, smiling at him.

“You're a sweet man.”

“No, I'm evil, never forget that,” he said, showing her his fangs with a twinkle in his eye. She pretended to be afraid and he chased her until he caught her in his arms.

“It's bedtime for you.” He put her to bed.

“Spike can you hold my hand until I fall asleep, mum used to do that when I was a little girl.”

He sat down by the bed and took her hand in his. “Night, niblet.”

“Night,” she mumbled in her pillow. He leaned his head backwards and watched the ceiling and hoped that Buffy would join him in his dream.


Buffy slept in her bed with the water next to her, watching Spike and Dawn, every time she woke up. She whispered into their dreams, giving them some of her strength and hope, freeing their minds from worries. She placed soft kisses on their cheeks.

Then she switched to think of Tara and saw her laying awake in her bed, lonely and feeling cold. Willow was sleeping in Dawn's room, looking pleased, still high on magic. Buffy shook her head and wondered what had got into her friend, she was acting so strange, not like the Willow that Buffy knew at all.

Suddenly, Willow woke up, got dressed and went out. Outside the sun rose and a new day begun. Buffy watched her go to an alley, she went through an invisible shield, back to Rack. She couldn't stay away from him. He greeted her with a kiss.

“I didn't expect to see you so soon, strawberry.” He smirked, licking her lower lip. She closed her eyes and their lips met again. When she opened her eyes, they were black.

“Neither did I, love,” she said, while she put her hand on his chest, draining him of his magic. Her hair became black and she set herself floating in the air, watching his lifeless body, laying on the floor, with a sinister smile.


Buffy shook her head, forced herself to think of Spike. She hoped that he still would be asleep. She saw him sleeping, still sitting on the floor, leaning his head backwards to the bed, holding Dawn's hand.

“Protect Tara. I will send her to you,” she whispered into his dream.

She thought of Tara, of sending her to Spike and whispered to her. She watched as the slayer went up and got dressed, leaving the house to go to Spike's crypt. Buffy let her breath out.


Giles was on his way to Sunnydale. He had got a strange call from Spike, something was wrong with Willow and he had to help them, even it was with burrowed magic. He had to confront Willow and stop her, before she would hurt someone. If he had known what Willow had done, just an hour ago, he'd been terrified. He got off the plane and took a cab to The Magic Box. He had to get some stuff, before meeting Willow.
Tara, baby by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
Here comes the next chapter! :) Please review! Like I wrote earlier, there's nothing between Spike and Dawn. The Spike/other warning contains someone else and she is not in the story yet.
Buffy watched Spike and Dawn through her water. They looked so cute, sleeping, that she got touched. Buffy showed herself for Dawn in her dream, showed her wings, telling her that she was proud of her little sister and that she always will love her.

“Dawn, never forget that I love you.” Buffy whispered into her sisters dream.


The next morning Dawn woke Spike up. The sun was rising, it was still early. She sat down next to him on the floor, whispering in his ear.

“Spike, I saw Buffy in my dream, she was so beautiful, like an angel.” He smiled at her, when he heard the word angel, closing his eyes, picturing Buffy in front of himself.

“Really, niblet, I'm so happy for you.” He looked up at her and put her hair behind her ears.

“Let me sleep now, will you?” He cocked his head to the side, with a pleading look in his eyes.

“Only if you hold me, just for a while.” Dawn whispered back.

“Just a while then, I need my beautysleep, niblet.”

He opened his arms for her and she sat down between his legs and rested her head against his shoulder. He put his arms around her, until he felt her heart rate go down, soon she was sleeping again. He touched her hair, it was soft like Buffy's had been and it even smelled like hers had smelled, he sighed deeply. If the girl in his arms had been Buffy, he would have been the happiest man ever, he thought.


He reminded himself of his and Dawn's conversation yesterday, at the graveyard.

“Is Giles coming back? He just left to go to England.” Dawn had stared at him, not believing what he just had told her.

“I know, but we need him, sweetie.” He had put his hand on hers, looking her in the eyes.

“But Tara's doing fine. I don't understand.” She had sounded confused, as she had rested herself against his chest.

“It's Willow, she's in trouble.” He had told her, holding her in his arms.


Tara opened the door to Spike's crypt, one hour later, tipping in on her toes. She was greeted by Dawn, throwing herself in her friend's arms. Tara looked down at the floor.

“Tara, are you okay?” Dawn was looking into Tara's eyes and saw a gleam of sadness in them.

“I'm fine now, at least it's better,” she answered. The two girls hugged again.

Spike turned around in the bed, he had moved there, when Dawn had got up. He opened his eyes, when he heard Tara's voice, seeing Tara and Dawn in each others arms. He smiled at them, and Tara looked at him, with trust in her eyes.

At ten o'clock the owner of The Magic Box, Anya Jenkins, opened her shop. Giles had been there all morning, looking for ingredients for a spell, without any success. He heard the doorbell, it rang and he turned around, facing Willow. Her black hair flew in the draught from the door and he saw her black bright eyes watching him, a sinister smirk formed on her lips as she raised her hand and let a ball of fire fly through the air towards Giles.

He lifted his hand to stop it and the fire froze to ice and fell to the floor, spreading small pieces of ice crystals all over the floor, melting into small pools of water.

“You can't stop me,” she said, eyeing him.

“Can't I?” He looked amused.

“Your powers are burrowed, they're nothing compared to mine.” She lit another ball of fire and it hit him in the chest. He bent forward, and to her surprise he threw a binding spell at her, when she went closer to kill him. She found herself trapped.

“This is not over, you hear that!” She looked at him with rage in her eyes.

“Is that so, my dear? We'll see about that.” He turned his back on her, bringing himself a cup of tea, taking a sip of it.


Buffy felt restless. It was frustrating just to watch, she wanted to fight Willow herself, but she knew she couldn't do it. Against black magic, she had small chances to survive, no matter what if she was an angel or a slayer.

Tara and Dawn had breakfast, green apples and orange juice, that Tara had brought in her bag. Spike was watching Passions and enjoyed the two girls, talking with each other and giggling, like nothing had happened, like they had forgot about Willow.


Willow tried to escape, but gave up, she couldn't break the spell. She was stuck. She looked around, her eyes glanced at Anya, standing behind the counter, looking nervous, counting money. Willow used mind-control, staring at Anya, begging to her. The blonde turned around, pretending not to hear, putting around small boxes on a shelf, not wanting to listen.

“Anya, sweetie, release me. I won't hurt you, you know that. I just want revenge, you if anyone should understand me. I´m longing for revenge. Let me have it, it's bittersweet. Can you feel it, the bitterness and the sweet, mixed together, the sweet taste of revenge.”

Anya held her breath, shaking her head in denial.

“Anya, I could make that guy love you, Xander, I could make him head over heels in love with you, wouldn't you want that?”

Willow smiled at her own cunning as she watched how Anya tossed her hands, putting her ring off and then on again.

“He would look at you with hungry eyes, ready to devour you and your lips would meet in pure lust, his kiss would make you whimper, soft, wet tongue kissing you senseless...”

Willow waited for the woman's reaction, before she added, with low sensual voice.

“... While he rips your thong off and...” Willow licked her bottom lip. “And you know what will happen next... He will fuck you, sweetie, like there's no tomorrow.”

Anya let her breath out, meeting Willow's gaze.

“Well, I don't get many orgasms here.” She smiled, looking relieved.

“So release me, then.” It was not a wish, it sounded more like a state.

“I don't want to.” Anya turned around, facing the shelf, playing with her ring again.

“What if he finds out, that I used to be a vengeance demon?” She swallowed hard.

“He won't find out, I´ll make sure of that.” Willow made her voice smooth and the expression on her face kind, despite her black eyes. Anya turned around, looking nervous.

“If he does find out, well he'll never love me then...” Anya took a step closer.

“He won't, he will to busy, making love to you, he won't have time, love. He'll never find out and if he does, I'll put a spell on him, to make him forget.”

“Okay.” Anya took another step in Willow´s direction.

“There you go, sweetie,” Willow encouraged Anya, returning the smile the blonde gave her.

As Anya released her, Willow pushed her aside, and went to find Giles.

“Hey.” Anya shouted. “What about Xander?”

“Just wait and see, he'll come to you, honey.” Willow laughed. “Sooner or later.”


She jumped on Giles from behind, they were fighting until he lay on his back on the floor, she was straddling him. She put her hands on his chest, smiling seductively at him.

“No, Willow, don't!” To her amusement, he looked terrified.

“What's the matter, old teddybear, don't you like woman on top?” She smirked at him and started to unbutton his shirt.

“Don't do this!” He begged. She put her hands back on his chest again and took his magic, leaving him almost lifeless. Anya ran to him, to her surprise he looked pleased, then he closed his eyes to rest.


Willow was out, looking for Amy, feeling lost and confused. It had been to easy to take Giles´ magic, she realized now. Something was wrong. She looked up and saw someone standing in her way, a blonde girl with a yellow flower in her hand. She threw a ball of ice, nearly hitting the girl, who screamed. Willow didn't seem to care.

“Willow, can't you see, it's me, Tara.” The woman said to her, pleading.

Tara took another step closer and Willow could see her blue innocent eyes facing her black, still not caring.

“Willow, don't do this, please stop, I love you.” Tara begged, tears running from her eyes.

Willow lifted her hand to do another ball of ice, which hit Tara and she fell to the ground. Suddenly Willow realized what she had done, she sank down on the ground, holding Tara´s body in her arms, sobbing.

“Tara, baby, please forgive me.”
Into the light by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
Enjoy! :)
Giles opened his eyes and smiled at the woman standing next to him.

“Anya, help me up. We have got some cleaning to do.” She turned her face away from him, not wanting to see the mess Willow had caused in her shop. It looked like hell. She sighed and met his gaze, trying not to glance at the mess surrounding them.

“You okay?” She took his hand, helping him up from the floor.

“I think so.” He brushed off some dust from his trousers.

“You really should clean this place more often, Anya,” he mused silently with a smile on his lips. By the way she reacted, he wished he would have remained silent. She glared angrily at him, her tone accusing.

“It was nice, before that witch showed up, throwing herself all over you.”

“You were jealous, weren't you?” He supposed, waiting for her reaction.

“Of course I was, I won't let her touch you again.” Anya put her arms around his neck, totally being over her crush on Xander.

“Anya, I wanted Willow to take my magic. I wanted her to feel, the good magic took control of the evil in her. It was for her own good. I never meant to make you jealous.”

“I know, but it hurts seeing you with someone else,” she whined.

“Anya, we're not even dating, dear.” He seemed embarrassed by the attention he was receiving from her. He tried to remove her arms round his neck. She glanced at him and he saw the gleam of hurt feelings buried deep down in her brown sparkling eyes.

“You don't want me?” Her lower lip trembled.

“I do, but not now, I have to deal with Willow first, please try to understand.” He held her in his arms, resting his head against her blonde curls that framed her face.


Tara was at the hospital for a week, recovering with Willow by her side. Dawn joined her the first night, sitting on a chair next to the bed, holding Tara's hand. Giles was asleep in a armchair, to tired to keep an eye at Willow, but she had left the blackness behind her. Her hair had changed back to red and her eyes were caring, not letting go of Tara one single second.


Spike had dropped Dawn off at the hospital, now he was going home. At first he had planned to go to his crypt, but he couldn't resist stopping by at Buffy's house. He went in through the door, he had got a key from Dawn weeks earlier, but he hadn't used it. He went upstairs, heading for Buffy's room. The door was closed, he took a unnecessary breath before opening it. He peeked in, tipped in on his toes and closed the door behind him.

He looked around, seeing the bed he never got chance to share with Buffy in real life, only in his dreams. He opened her closet, looking at her clothes, touching them like she was inside of them. In the back of her closet he found something black, laying at the bottom. He picked it up and found one of his t-shirts, wondering how it had ended up there. He smelled it, it had her scent, probably she had worn it at night, when no one could see her, hiding under her cover, maybe thinking of him. He smirked.

He brought the item to her bed and crawled down under her cover, finding Mister Gordo, the pig and a lace-trim babydoll, coloured magenta. So, this was what she had been wearing, he thought. He got undressed, and tossed his clothes on the floor. He put the babydoll next to his cold skin, and placed a kiss on the soft fabric, while he inhaled her scent.


Somewhere between sleep and awake, he heard her voice, whispering in his ear.

“Spike.”

“What is it, pet?” He mumbled in his sleep.

“Nothing, I just missed you.”

He turned around in the bed, seeing her laying there, next to him. He reached out for her, pulling her close into his arms, her wings surrounding him in the bed. Her green eyes sparkling met his sapphire blue and then there was no turning back. Her head tilted and she parted her lips. Their lips touched and Spike felt a spark ignite between them.Their kiss was soft and tender, and as their tongues touched the kiss deepened. The kiss ended and another started, and as their lips parted, they gazed into one another's eyes. He put his hand on her chin and she turned her head slightly and brushed her lips over his fingertips, leaving soft kisses. Her body all tingly in his arms, longing for more.

He started a trail of sensual kisses at one shoulder, sliding his hands downwards her curved body, covered in her white dress, pressed against his naked body. A shiver ran down his spine as she released the halterneck straps round her neck and let them fall. He bit his lip when he leaned down to her neck, his cold breath blew against her skin, giving her goosebumps, as he placed a soft kiss on her collarbone. He continued down, across her breasts, placing soft kisses and back up to the other shoulder, before he moved back to her warm lips. The sight of her made him dizzy. His tongue plunged into her mouth, exploring her, tasting her desire.

Even though it was dark in the room, Buffy’s body seemed to glow, enlightening the bed.
Spike looked at her golden hair flowing over the pillow, her eyes devouring him. He slid his hands down her dress and put his thumbs under the fabric, pushing it upwards her waist. His hands grasped her hips, untying the white satin ribbons on the sides of her thong, throwing it on the floor. He watched her as she leant her head backwards, her lips parted, breathing, as he brushed a fingertip against her clit. Her wetness drenched his finger and he licked it off, watching her with eyes darkened of lust. He grabbed her hips grinding at her before he plunged into her, making her shiver and clench, moving against him as he thrust in her, following his rhythm, intoxicated by lust.

She wrapped her legs around him, small whimpers coming from her mouth, before he covered her mouth with more kisses, pinning her down to the mattress.

Their eyes met, he enjoyed what he saw in her green eyes, a mix of pure lust and devotion. She was arching her head back against the pillow, whispering his name as she came. He joined her, moving his hips slowly, as her inner walls fluttered around his length, making her gasp and he let himself come, filling her with his thick cold seed.

He rested his head on her chest, their bodies entwined, his cock softening in her, as he let an unnecessary breath out.

“Love you, sweetheart,” he mumbled.


The next morning he woke up, stretching his arms above his head. He turned around in the bed, looking at the place where Buffy had been, but she was gone. Maybe it had been a dream after all? But the image of Buffy next to him had been so clear, he had felt her heat. He stroke with his hand over the sheet, finding a feather under the cover. He closed his eyes, letting it softly brush over his lips and smiled.
Hope by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
Here comes the next chapter! Please tell me what you think. Am I wasting my time? Do I need a beta? Maybe I do...
Buffy had learned so much in heaven, but there was one more thing to learn, blessing. The oracles had stopped themselves, not sure if they should give her that gift. The male oracle began to speak, his voice was clear and delightful. Buffy realized that she never had heard his voice before, it had been the female oracle, that had taken care of her training on her way to truly become an angel, a higher being of The Powers That Be. She listened carefully.

“You can only bless in special occasions, not everyone, because if your heart wants to, they will become angels, just like you became one. It is a special gift, it must be carefully used.”

They eyed her, waiting in silence for her answer, their faces solemn.

“Why haven’t I seen any other angels around in heaven?” Buffy broke the silence, wondering if it was a silly question to ask.

“They are in other dimensions. It's very rare to recruit angels and the training must be done the right way,” he answered.

The female oracle lowered her head and spoke quietly.

“My last angel, Celeste, is a star now, she turned evil, so I couldn't keep her.”

Buffy reminded herself of Drusilla, Spike had told her that Dru used to say that the stars spoke to her. She shivered, wanting to forget that woman, the one that Spike had loved.

“But all stars aren't evil... There are good ones too, who fulfills wishes, they are under our protection, we keep them close to our hearts.” The female oracle put her hand on her heart.

They bowed their heads at her.

“Do you think you can handle our gift?”

“Yes.” Buffy looked them in the eyes, and got down on her knees in front of them, giving them her hands.

“Don't let us down, angel.”

They put their hands on hers, giving her of their energy, focusing, passing over a part of their power, the ability to bless. She could feel the power fill her heart and mind, the responsibility made it heavy at first. She took deep breaths, then it felt better.

“How do I bless a person?” Buffy wondered.

“Your heart will do it for you.”




Spike sat by the window, looking out at the darkness, little stars twinkled hopefully on the dark blue, almost black sky and he felt hope growing deep down in his chest. The feather was still in his hand.

So soft. He let it brush over his lips again. So innocent. He looked at the white feather in his hand, letting his fingertips trace the pinion softly. So light. He kept it close to his heart, hoping that she would return to him soon.




Tara was still at the hospital, joined by Willow and Giles. She still hadn't woke up, to their great sorrow. Dawn came there every day after school, holding Tara's hand.

It was painful for Buffy to watch Tara, suffering, but she had to heal the natural way, to make sure that Willow really realized what she had done, she had to deal with the fact that she had hurt her girlfriend, there was no other way, it had to take time. Willow had to find peace in herself, leaving the dark side for good, heading for the light, trying to forgive herself. The question was if Tara would be able to forgive her. Giles was not sure of that, Tara had been hurt in more than one way.

Keeping Willow away from magic had been easy after she had started to feel, she hadn't used one single spell, since she had hurt Tara. In fact, she seemed to be afraid of magic and the effect it had had on her, Giles thought. But he was truly worried about the situation.

What if Tara didn't wake up at all? What would Willow do then? Get self-destructive again and get stuck in the black hole, consuming her compassion until there were nothing left? That would ruin everything he had achieved so far, bringing her to the good side.

Giles hoped that Tara would wake up soon, he wasn't prepared to lose another slayer. He wasn't going to allow her to die, he had already lost a slayer... His heart couldn't bear more.




Buffy thought of Angel. She had to see him. She flew to L.A. and landed in his bedroom. He sat on his bed with his head in his hands, he didn't notice her celestial light, surrounding her.
She sat down on the bed, next to him, stroking his hair. He looked up at her.

“Buffy?”

“Yes, I'm here.”

He leaned at her, laying down in the bed with his head in her lap, letting her fingers run through his hair.

“Cordelia is in a coma,” he sighed. I don't know if I can live without her and Fred, she’s acting strange, sleeping under her bed instead of in it.”

“Ssh, rest now,” Buffy said, wrapping her wings around him. “I have to leave soon, I want to cherish this moment.”

“I'll never stop loving you, Buffy,” he whispered, letting his fingertips softly trace patterns on her leg.

“And I'll always love you, in my own way. But I belong to someone else now.” Buffy turned her face away, not wanting to look him in the eyes.

“Who?” He took away his hand from her leg.

“Spike. I can't help it, but I have feelings for him, like you have for Cordy.” Their eyes met.

“I'll show her for you.” They went to another room. Cordy lay in a bed, looking like she was only sleeping, not in a coma.

“I keep her here. I moved her from the hospital, because I wanted her near me. They check on her every day, the nurses come here.” Angel caressed Cordy's cheek softly.

Buffy put her hands on Cordelia's chest. Angel saw the light appearing from her hands, feeling the warmth they radiated. The glow disappeared as Cordelia's body trembled, then she slowly opened her eyes and looked from Angel to Buffy, opening her mouth to speak.

"Cordy, you're awake, sweetie." Angel smiled at her.
Awakening by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
Here comes the next chapter! :) Many thanks to my faithful reviewers cordykitten, Cissi, smlcspike and jamies_lady! :) You make my day, what would I be without you? Thanks again!
Cordelia looked up at Angel. Her eyes were fixed on his as she slowly brushed back a lock of hair that had slipped out, framing her pretty face. He saw a gleam of sadness in her eyes.

“Angel.” Cordelia said, without moving her lips. Still both Angel and Buffy heard her speaking, her voice soft, lingering in their minds.

“Cordelia, sweetie.” Angel began. “I thought I had lost you.” In same silent telepathic language, only heard in their minds, he spoke to her, letting his fingers softly brush over her cheek as he held her gaze.

“How long was I gone?” She asked, placing her hand over his as he knelt down by the bed.

“You were gone too long, I'm so happy you're awake now. Please don't leave me again. I need you.”

“I don't remember how I came here from Pylea.” She frowned, holding her unshed tears. “I just remember placing the crown on Groo's head and then it went black.”

“I carried you in my arms, trough that portal and since then you've been in a coma, until Buffy came here and healed you, sweetie.”


Buffy had been standing in the background the whole time, not wanting to disturb.


Cordelia looked at the blonde woman, standing behind Angel.

“Buffy, you're an angel. I've seen you in my visions.” Cordelia smiled at her as she met the angel's green eyes with humility.

“And you're a higher being, both of us belongs to The Powers That Be, we have a lot in common.” Buffy smiled back. “The difference between us is the fact that you still live on earth, this is not my home any longer, I live in heaven and serve the oracles.” She lowered her voice, so it was almost audible. “And I'm far away from the one I love...”

Cordelia reached out her hand towards Buffy and the angel took it, sitting down next to her bed. Cordelia could feel Buffy's pain, by holding her hand and Buffy closed her eyes, trying not to cry, as she heard Cordelia's voice in her mind again, speaking to her.

“He loves you, you know that?”

Buffy nodded and as she opened her eyes, Cordelia wiped away a tear from Buffy's cheek.

“You have to be strong, you'll find a way.” Her words lingered in Buffy's mind, comforting.

Angel, who was sitting on the opposite side of the bed, was watching the light that the two women radiated, like glimpses of light in the dark room. He knew that Buffy had to leave, and the light faded from the room, when she returned to heaven.



Tara was still recovering at the hospital. Buffy kept an eye on her, watching her through her bowl of water. She was touched by Willow's care, and she could feel her friend's love flowing towards the blonde slayer, laying in the bed, with a little smile on her lips, dreaming.


Buffy stepped into Tara's dream and found herself standing on a rainbow. Tara stood in front of her smiling, with tender eyes, reaching out her hand towards the angel. Buffy took it and they started walking. Buffy was amazed by this world as she looked down, everything was so beautiful, little birds and butterflies flying around, blue sky surrounding them, the sun warming their skin. Tara was wearing a light yellow dress and the wind softly caressed it as she strolled hand in hand with Buffy. They could see a forest and a white unicorn waiting for them at the end of the rainbow, standing in the soft green grass. Tara suddenly stopped and turned her face towards the sky, enjoying the heat of the sun.

“When I watch the sky, I see you, Buffy,” Tara mused, her voice soft.

Buffy looked into Tara's glittering eyes and the angel smiled at the slayer.

“I know you won't leave me. Are you my guardian angel?” Tara looked hopefully at Buffy, her eyes pleading, while she brushed back some of her hair from her face, but the wind was soon playing with it again, softly this time.

“You know, I am,” Buffy said, placing a tiara in Tara's hair.

They started walking again and reached the forest, where the unicorn was waiting.

“You know why I am here, don't you?” Buffy asked Tara.

“I do, you want me to wake up.” Tara smiled at her. “But not yet, I wanna show you something first.”

Tara climbed up on the back of the unicorn and it made its way into the forest, turning its head now and then to see if Buffy was following them, flying high above them.

They came to a glittering pond filled with water lilies, and some swans were swimming around with their baby birds close to them. The unicorn bent down its head and drank from the water.

Buffy and Tara sat down on the soft green moss.

“Isn't it beautiful here?” Tara let her fingers brush over the moss, watching the unicorn from the corner of her eye.

“You have to come back to us, we need you, Tara. You are the chosen one.”

“I know, I just needed some time to heal. I can come here, to this world, anytime I want, this is where the good magic lives.”

Tara held Buffy's hands in hers and placed a soft kiss on the angel's cheek.

“Now, I'll return to Willow.” She let go of Buffy's hands.

Buffy watched as Tara started to glow and she slowly disappeared, leaving Buffy. The angel flew back to heaven, anxious to watch Tara awakening at the hospital.


Willow's heart was filled with joy, as Tara slowly opened her eyes. No words were needed between them, all was forgiven. Giles let his breath out, he had no reason to worry any longer.



Buffy returned to Cordelia and Angel later that night, finding them in the same position as earlier, Angel sitting by Cordy's bed, now holding her hand in his. They were talking with low voices, a shimmer of familiarity dwelt in the room and it seemed like time was standing still, a magic moment as they were drowning in each others eyes, finding more than they never expected to find. Cordy was surrounded by a soft glow and their lips met.

They didn't seem to notice Buffy at first, but then Angel saw her standing in the shadows.

“Buffy, you think I don't see you? You're not very good at hiding, love. Come here.”

Buffy wished that she hadn't come, the last thing she wanted was to interrupt. She went closer, bringing the light that surrounded her on her way to Angel.

Suddenly Cordelia seemed to get a vision, she cried out in pain and the magic was gone. Angel still held her hand. Cordelia looked up at Buffy with fear in her eyes.

“There will be a big fight, the potential slayers are gathering.” Then she closed her eyes, affected by the vision.

Angel and Buffy looked at each other, not knowing what to believe.

“Who summoned them?” Buffy wondered. “What about Tara?”

“From beneath, it devours..." Cordelia whispered, her body still trembling, her eyes shut.
Twinkle, twinkle, little star by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
I've been writing on this chapter for a week, I just didn't seem to find the right words, but then the words just came. Strange, isn't it?
High above the ground, the sky spread its dark blue star-covered realm over the horizon, to rule its kingdom another night, chasing daylight away, to darken the world, and soon the darkness dwelt, to welcome the creatures of the night, living in the shadows of the moon.

The stars were twinkling bright, like glimpses of light in the dark, they seemed to be cold in his eyes, cold just like him.

He noticed someone sitting opposite him in the window recess, he saw her in the corner of his eye, soft, white wings covering the glass behind her, her back leaning against the wall, her bare legs nearly touching his, watching him from the other side with sparkling green eyes.

Spike and Buffy found themselves lost in each others eyes, as the stars continued to twinkle.

A short while ago, she had been hesitating if she should go to him or not. Looking down at him from heaven, he had been sitting in her window, watching the stars, letting the moonlight fall on him, as he mused at the sky.

Now, she was sitting there with him. He thought he was dreaming, she couldn't be for real, but he could feel the heat her body radiated and he could see the soft glow that surrounded her. Spike pinched his arm to see if he was dreaming or not. She was still there, smiling in a mysterious way, that he couldn't understand. He could hear her voice in his head, whispering softly.

“I've missed you, have you missed me?” Buffy was still smiling, her eyes glittering as she glanced at their feet, nearly touching.

He let out an unnecessary breath and lowered his shoulders.

“You know I have, pet.”

She looked up and met his gaze, thinking it had been too long since she had seen them, really seen them in real life, not in dreams or visions or through her water. She found herself mesmerized by the depths of his blue sapphire eyes.

That's how they got lost in each others eyes, and he was practically drowning in hers, green emerald pools, glistering in the moonlight that fell on her face, like little stars.

“Tell me, this isn't a dream, luv.”

“It's no dream, this is real, touch me.”

Spike moved closer and let his hands follow the outer lines of her wings, then he placed his hands around her narrow waist, letting them rest there, as he glanced at the pendant hanging around her neck in a chain. It was a white heart shaped amulet. She started fidgeting with it, when she saw him watching it.

She fixed her eyes on his lips, tilting her head and his soft lips was soon touching hers for a second. In the corner of his eye, Spike saw a star fall. He wished that she could be with him forever. Buffy's heart leaped and she hoped that his wish would be fulfilled. He inhaled her scent, closing his eyes and mumbled against her skin.

“Buffy?”

“Yes.” She let her breath out, finding it unusual to hear her own voice, speaking aloud, not in her mind. It felt good to share her voice with Spike, to really speak with him, like they used to do, before she died and became an angel. If they only had had more time then, she thought.

“Stay the night with me. I need you.” He whispered, playing with a golden lock of her hair.

Spike was afraid she would say no, a part of him still believing this was a dream, afraid of losing her, afraid of waking up, but he was awake. A part of him knew that she was right there in his arms, so in love. He felt confused, but as he looked into her eyes he realized he had no need to worry, he saw pure affection.

“I will. If you hold me.” She whispered back.

“I'll never let you go, never wanna lose you again.” He sobbed against her neck, placing kisses on her skin.

He looked up and she kissed him on the lips, a sweet kiss as the moonlight shone in through the glass. He lifted her down from the window, carrying her in his arms, placing her on the bed. He put his hands under her neck, untieing the straps of her dress, letting it fall to the floor beside the bed. Soon she was in his arms again, laying under him, with her arms around his neck as he brushed his lips against hers, nibbling at her lips.

“Smell like cherries, pet.”

Spike could feel that she was smiling and he softly kissed her on the lips, then deepened the kiss, putting his hand into her golden locks, letting his fingertips run from her hair down to her neck and all the way down her back, sending shivers through her body. He felt her heart beating hard under him and he could hear the blood rush through her veins, and feel her warm breath, as his tongue explored her mouth, kissing her slowly, before he sucked on her lower lip and then placed a light kiss on her lips.

He looked down at his angel, her hair spread over the pillow, her naked breasts, her narrow waist, her soft wings under her trembling body, the desire he saw in her eyes, assured him of her beauty. Each move they made brought them closer, closer to what both of them knew was gonna happen, there was no turning back now.

He licked his lips and she was leaning her head backwards, enjoying his lips on her skin, leaving wet kisses down her neck, kissing the inside of her wrist, caressing her hips, letting his fingers brush over the side of her thong, feeling the lace under his hand, feeling her body respond the way he wanted it to. She was urgent to feel his skin against her own, trying to remove his clothes and he pulled them off, tossing them on the floor, covering her body with his again.

Her hot skin almost burning against his, making his heart warm, her body softly glowing in the darkness, her lips tempting, her eyes begging for more, making him feel dizzy as he slipped his fingers down her thong, gently pulling it down, drowning in her green eyes.

She wrapped her legs around his waist and he slid into her, like the most natural thing, he started to move slowly, looking her in the eyes, whispering.

“I love you, love you, kitten.”

She met every thrust, following his pace, completing him, making him feel alive. He captured her mouth, kissing her passionately, he closed his eyes, feeling he was close, feeling her nails on his back, never wanted this to end, never wanted to stop devouring her, but couldn't stand more, nor could she. His name on her lips, her head leaning backwards, her body arched against his, as she saw stars in his eyes, sharing souls with each other.

She fell asleep with her head in the crook of his neck, he just lay there and watched her, before he let sleep claim him.

Buffy was still sleeping next to him, her body warm. She was still there, maybe his wish had come true? It was still dark in the room, it was snowing outside the window. He went up to pull the curtains. Then he snuggled close to her, putting the comforter over them, her naked body close to his. She was so beautiful, even more beautiful with the wings. He adored her, his sleeping angel. She woke up, smiling.

“Spike, love you.” This was more than he could handle and he burst into tears, being loved. If his heart still would have been beating, it would have been hammering in his chest. She looked so pure and innocent, laying there in his arms, as the snow continued to fall outside the window.
Watching the stars by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
Hope you havn't abandoned me...
The snow fell on the window-ledge, making the world look white and pure, untouched. The snow covered the ground, spreading its snowflakes of perfection from the sky, letting them dance on their way down, before they reached their goal, the cold ground, where they rested. The snowflakes were glimmering on the ground like little diamonds, hopefully twinkling as they were reflecting the light from the rising sun. Another day in Sunnydale had begun.

Not aware of the beauty outside the window, Spike put his arm around Buffy's waist and buried his face in her soft wings, letting out an unnecessary breath. They were slumbering together, Buffy with a little smile on her lips. They had went back to sleep, it was still early and none of them wanted to part.

Both of them knew deep within that they had to part, but no one wanted to bring it up, not wanting to destroy the magic. They let hope dwell in their hearts, keeping the falling star and the wish in memory, wishing to be together for eternity.



Meanwhile at the hospital, Willow gazed into Tara's eyes, sitting on the edge of the bed, holding Tara's hands in her own, while she whispered softly.

“Tara, baby, can I hold you?”

Tara nodded and Willow wrapped herself around Tara in the bed, putting her head on her girlfriend's shoulder. The blonde sighed deeply.

“What is it baby? Does it hurt?” Willow lifted her head and gave her a worried look.

“No, not any longer. I just thought of a dream I had.” Tara mused with a cute smile on her lips. “Close your eyes, sweetie, and I'll take you there.”

“Where?” Willow wondered with a small frown, placing her head on Tara’s shoulder again.

“To the place where the good magic lives. Now, close your eyes.”


Willow closed her eyes, so did Tara and as soon they let sleep claim them, they found themselves standing in the grass, hand in hand, in a lovely world. Tara smiled at Willow, when she saw her girlfriend's reaction in the corner of her eye. Willow was stunned by the moment, holding her unshed tears, amazed of the beauty, surrounding her.

“See, sweetie, it's beautiful here.” Tara turned her head to face Willow and placed a soft kiss on her cheek, before stepping back, holding her hands in Willow's, looking into her eyes.

“No, you are beautiful. You shine.” Willow couldn't take her eyes from Tara or the light green satin dress she was wearing now in this lovely dimension. A light breeze captured the hem of the dress, making it billow around her legs. Willow had a dark blue dress, ornated with white pearls around her waist.

They started walking towards the forest, making their way past little rabbits playing in the grass and white flowers, spreading a scent of jasmine in the wind.

Yellow butterflies circled around them as the sun shone, warming their skin. It was late, soon the sun would set, but the heat would stay for the night, it was always summer here. The leaves of the trees were always green and the grass felt soft under their feet.

The unicorn had been waiting for Tara to return, the animal was standing at the edge of the forest, bending its head down, eating delicious red apples that were laying under an apple tree.

When the unicorn saw Tara moving closer, it raised its head, shaking its mane, causing its horn to glimmer in the sun, welcoming her with eyes full of devotion.

Willow saw little stars glowing in the unicorn's eyes, when Tara touched its mane, brushing it with her fingers, before she easily got up on the white animal's back. She looked like a goddess and Willow just adored her.

It was getting dark, the sky was painted with colours of red and orange and when darkness fell, the stars started to twinkle, bright little lights far away from them, sending light and hope.

Darkness started to surround them, as Tara was riding on the white unicorn through the forest, with Willow walking beside, holding her hand. The unicorn knew where Tara wanted to go, they shared a special friendship and Tara had spent a lot of time here. The path was lined with trees, leaning their branches of green leaves over Tara's head as she rode past them. A slow ride in the moonlight to her favourite place, the pond.

When they reached the pond, Tara had got off the unicorn's back, sitting down on the green moss near the water. Willow joined her in silence.

They were watching the stars. Willow was laying on her back, arms above her head, her red hair spread over the soft green moss, her eyes following a falling star. Tara sat next to her, caressing the mane of the unicorn. The animal laid its head on her lap and fell asleep. Tara felt joy in her heart, feeling the warmth from the white animal, it was sleeping peacefully. And the twinkling stars in the galaxy above them were so beautiful, they filled up her senses.

Willow suddenly broke the silence, asking the question she had been keeping in her mind.

“How can you love me after what I did to you?” She was still watching the stars, not wanting to look Tara in the eyes, her voice was fragile and barely audible.

“It's easy, I listen to my heart. We belong together and I know you won’t hurt me again, sweetie.” Tara whispered back, smiling at Willow, with trust in her eyes.

Willow turned her face towards Tara, with a worried look on her face.

“Tara, baby, I'm afraid.”

“You don't have to be.” Tara reached out her hand and Willow took it, holding it hard.

“I'm afraid of magic, what if I can't control myself?”

“I'll help you. I won't let anything happen to you.” Tara assured Willow, leaning closer, careful to not wake up the unicorn and softly kissed Willow on the lips. Another star fell.



Giles was on his way back to England. He had got a call from The Watchers' Council, about something important, so he had to leave Sunnydale for a while. Anya had been with him every minute she hadn't been working at The Magic Box, spending her time at the hospital with Giles. When he had left her, she had kissed him goodbye, wanting him to return as soon as he could, not wanting to be without him and to his surprise he felt the same way about her. But he would see her soon again, he would soon be home again, he thought, as he looked out of the window, sitting on the plane.
Stardust by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
I hope you like it! :)
Dawn had spent the night at Janice's place and the morning after she had went to the hospital to see Tara and Willow. Tara had been awake, to Dawn's happiness, and after she had hugged her friend for a long time, she had gone to search for Spike, to tell him that Tara was awake. He would be so happy, Dawn thought, as she went upstairs to the bathroom in her house, noticing that the door to Buffy's room was slightly open. Maybe he was there?

After all, he hadn't been in his crypt, she had already been there, before she went home.
The snow had made the world white and pure and she had felt amazed over how beautiful the winter was. She had stopped by at Buffy's grave at the cemetery and carefully brushed off the snow from the cold stone. She had smiled, when she had seen the angel, that Spike had carved out, a goddess with huge wings.

“Spike, are you there?” She asked, standing outside Buffy's door, with hope in her heart.

The sound of her voice woke him up, he slowly opened his eyes, remembering that Buffy still was in his arms, her golden locks was spread over the pillow, her body next to his, her wings so soft against his naked skin, so lovable. He cleared his voice and went up. Buffy glanced at him and made herself invisible, while she was touching her pendant, the white glass heart.

“Yes, I'm here, sweetie.”

He put on a bath robe and opened the door a little more and peeked out, facing Dawn, who was smiling at him. Her hair was tied back in a ponytail and the thin yellow sweater she wore with her jeans just looked fabulous on her.

“Hi, I just wanted to tell you that Tara is awake. Please come and see her.” Her eyes pleading, how could he resist her? Well, he couldn't... He smiled at her and gave her a quick hug.

“I'll be down in a minute, niblet. Let me dress, okay?”

“I'll wait downstairs.” Dawn left Spike, and headed towards the kitchen, while she waited for him to join her. She looked out of the window, it was still snowing. In just a month it would be Christmas. Her first Christmas without Buffy. At least she had her friends and Spike, she thought and smiled sadly, seeing her own reflection on the glass.



Meanwhile, Spike closed the door and turned around.

“Buffy?” He couldn't see her, but he could sense her presence, a sweet but diluted scent of cherry blossom dwelt in the room.

She put her arms around him, still invisible, and he felt her soft lips brush against his.

“You have to go and so do I... I'll come back later.” She whispered into his mind, giving him a kiss goodbye. He kissed her back, not wanting to let her go.

“Now hurry, Dawn is waiting for you, so is Tara.” With that she flew back to heaven.



The oracle had been waiting for her angel to return. Buffy read the oracle's mind and hurried to her bowl of water, confirming to her what she just had found out. The surface of the water showed her a couple, sitting on a roof, watching the sunset together, holding hands. The woman was looking into the man's eyes and Buffy could see a glimpse of sadness in her eyes, as she watched them from above. She could hear them in her mind, if she listened carefully.


“I am dying, Wesley, and there's nothing you can do about it.”

Dark curls framed Fred's face and her brown eyes gazed at the sunset. Sitting on the roof had been her idea, she had wanted to be alone with him, their talks meant a lot to her, giving her perspective, helping her through the days. Her time in Pylea hadn't been easy and at night the nightmares used to remind her of what she was trying to forget, her miserable life there and the fear surrounding her, then she hid under her bed, not daring to fall asleep again. She was trying to forget about the nightmares, writing down chemical formulas in her note pad all night long. She was kind of cute, when she got lost in her notes, forgetting about everything else, it had been her rescue, and still was in a way.

She loved the days and was afraid of the nights. Luckily, Wes had offered her a place in his room and she had found relief in his arms, finding that he truly had feelings for her. She didn't want to hurt him, it was the last thing she wanted to do, but her words gave him nothing but sorrow now. She knew that and it broke her heart, seeing the pain in his eyes.

Fred and Wesley had spent almost all their time together since they had left Pylea. Wes was stunned by her intelligence and she was cute in a childish way, she looked like a little girl sometimes when she smiled. He adored her and he was afraid of losing her.

“Fred, you won't die, you are still young.” And beautiful, he thought, sending her a comforting smile, before he put his arms around her, trying to console the young woman in his arms.

“I'm ill.” She mumbled against his light blue shirt and he could feel how she was trembling. He held her tighter, not wanting to believe what she just had told him.


Cordelia approached behind them, with a mysterious look on her face.

“Yes, she got a virus from Pylea, I hardly noticed it when we went through the portal. She got infected, she has carried the virus since then, but I never thought it would go like this, not this far. She'll die tomorrow night, I've seen it in my visions. Take care of her, Wes, don't leave her, she needs you, more than ever now.” Cordelia raised her head, looking at the sky, going through her vision in her mind again.

“What kind of virus is it?” Wesley cleared his throat, not able to hide his anxiety.

“Not sure, I think it's some kind of demon, slowly taking over her body, making her into some sort of goddess with unknown powers.”

“Is there something I can do?” Wesley sighed, feeling his inability in this case.

“Just hold her.” With that Cordelia left them, in each others arms. It was going to be a long night, the longest of his life and it would be followed by the longest day of his life, one last day with Fred, he would just hold her...



Buffy sighed, Angel had been right, there was something strange about Fred. She was infected with some sort of demon, maybe it was meant to be that way? Maybe there was a meaning with this? She didn't know what to believe any longer...




Somewhere else, far, far away, a star twinkled bright and clear in the starry sky, like a little diamond, letting its light shine on the earth, on the face of a mysterious woman, standing on a hill, surrounded by a forest.

“Now, pretty princess, I know you hired that crazy priest and the bringers, turning down the potential slayers. I know you hate slayers and I know why you hate her.”

“Yes, she took him away from me," said the woman, turning her face towards the star she spoke to in her mind. A light wind blew in her dark curly hair and her old-fashioned romantic dress fluttered in the breeze, as she embraced herself.

“Celeste, what shall I do? I want him back, but he won't love me. He is poisoned by her love, even though she’s dead and an angel now, she has still his heart in her hands.”

“Don't give up, I'll lead you the way. Just wait and see the potentials die one after one, and so will the watchers. It will make her weak, it will drain her energy. She can't heal all of them.”

The woman looked pleased, and the star continued to speak into her mind.

“I have given you my powers, the powers of the first evil. We share them, we are like sisters now. Don't let me down, precious.”

“I won't let you down, Celeste.”


The woman closed her eyes and whispered into the night, into the darkness surrounding her, the stars dwelling high above her, twinkling bright, as she softly spoke in a low voice.

“My sweet William, just wait and see. Soon you'll be in my arms again, devouring me. Miss Edith told me so too and she never lies. I'll get my revenge.”

The woman blew a kiss in the air and a sinister smile formed on her lips, as she looked up at the sky again, before she disappeared into the air, leaving a glittering stardust, twinkling in the air for a couple of seconds.
Destiny by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
Too bad, I have been getting "spam reviews", like commercials, so if you want to leave a review, you must log in. Sorry about that.
“It used to be your destiny, Buffy, being the chosen one, being the slayer, ” the female oracle told her, giving her a tender look, as they sat on a white soft cloud. “You used to slay vampires and demons, that was your destiny, to fight until your death would end your life, only to be replaced by another slayer, another woman with slayer skills, who would continue the fight, in this case Tara.”

The oracle looked into her angel's green eyes, shimmering emerald pools that radiated a love so pure, so unselfish, that it surprised the woman sitting next to her. She could see that Buffy was smiling at her, and in the corner of her eye, she saw all the love that dwelt in Buffy's heart, a soft glow surrounded her body and her wings shone in the early morning, sunbeams found their way to her feathers, making them glitter. Her hair shone like gold in the sunlight, she was indeed a goddess, an angel of The Powers That Be.

Buffy broke the silence, her voice soft and delightful, as she spoke. “We both know that Tara isn't like any other slayer, she has her magic skills.” The oracle nodded in agreement.

“And you're not like any other angel. I changed your destiny by making you into an angel and you've fulfilled your dreams, you still are. Your feelings for Spike is growing and the bond between you is strong, it makes me happy, sweetie, more than you know. You're my best angel, and I want it to stay that way.” The oracle smiled at Buffy, before she continued.

“But I guess I will never forgive myself about what happened to Celeste. She was a promising angel, then it all went wrong. So very wrong...” She sighed and hid her face in her hands.

“What happened to her?” It was not more than a whisper and Buffy felt her heart beat faster.

“She wanted more power, she became destructive and her feathers went from sparkling white to the darkest shade of black, the evilness inside her was consuming her soul bit by bit, until we stopped her, by taking her angelic powers, she only used them to create pain and misery, not to heal and create good, like she was supposed to. She was no longer a white angel, she was a dark fallen angel, a demon.” The woman looked up at Buffy, meeting her gaze, revealing the sorrow in her eyes and Buffy shared her pain.

“It was like a vicious circle, a never ending nightmare. She was playing with people's minds, and she still kind of is. As a star, we made her into one, so we could keep an eye on her. Being a star, she infiltrates herself into people's minds, telling them secrets and guides them on the paths of darkness. Evil will never disappear, you have to protect the ones you love.”

“I will, Selene.”


The oracle cupped her hands in front of Buffy and they were filled with water. And as Buffy looked at the surface of the water, she saw Fred, laying on a bed. Wesley was by her side, they were both crying. The darkness had fell and they both knew what was going to happen. The room was lit by candles and Wesley slowly kissed Fred on the lips, before whispering sweet words into her ear, holding her tight.

“I'll never stop loving you.”

“Neither shall I.” She whispered back, taking her last breath. She looked him in the eyes, pacing her finger slowly over his lips, while she was smiling sadly. He kissed her on the forehead and then she closed her eyes forever. He let out a sob, but stopped when her body started to glow, a soft blue glow surrounding her.

Her skin began to turn soft blue, blue skin that turned harder and the demon took form in front of his eyes, revealing her beauty to him and he couldn't stop staring at her, as she lay there with her eyes still closed, long eyelashes, her slender body dressed in an armour, she looked like a warrior. But she still looked like Fred, a part of her still did, he thought, as he stared at her. He held his breath, when she opened her eyes, they were surprisingly blue like ice and he was mesmerized by the depth of her eyes.

He was stunned, when she started to speak. The sound of her voice made him spellbound.

“I'll always love you.” Her voice sounded so innocent, so cute, almost like Fred, but this wasn't Fred. This was a demon, he better watch his back. After all, he used to be a Watcher, he should know better. But looking into her eyes made his heart warm.

“Who are you?” He asked her. She smiled in a mysterious way, not letting go of their eye contact, even though Cordelia stepped into the room, lightened up by the candles.

“She's Illyria now.”


The oracle let the water flow through her fingers, and it fell like rain. Buffy kept wondering what this meant, bringing a demon to Wesley, bringing a demon to Angel. Did Angel even know? What was Illyria's purpose? The oracle read her mind and smiled at her, tucking a lock of golden hair behind Buffy's ear.

“Don't worry, angel of mine, you will find out, when the time is right.” She assured Buffy.


Buffy longed for Spike and saw in front of herself how he and Dawn had made their way through the snow, in the dark morning, to the hospital. Tara had been awake and when Spike had given her a hug, he had made a decision. He would train her, since Giles had left to go back to England. The training would start as soon as possible and Tara was more than happy. The chip in his head didn't bother him any longer and after all, slaying vampires and demons always felt good. It made him think of all the patrolling he and Buffy had done. He smiled to himself, missing her, his angel.

Buffy's heart was filled with joy, when she read Spike's mind. Soon she would return to him, to sleep in his arms.



Author's note: I named the oracle after the ancient Greek moon goddess, Selene.
In the arms of my lover by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
Cordykitten, consider yourself warned, but this Spike/Other is only a dream.
“From beneath, it devours...”

Those words were the last she had heard in her nightmare, that had woke her up in the middle of the night. She had heard them before, from Cordelia. Buffy had healed her and when the higher being had recovered from her coma, Cordy had got a vision about the potential slayers and a big fight coming up. Buffy knew that Cordelia had passed on her vision to help her, but at the moment she felt terrified. She was looking at the white ceiling in her old house.

In her nightmare she had seen the potential slayers from all over the world, being chased and killed by strange men. The potentials were on their way to Sunnydale, but few seemed to make it. There would be a gathering soon and Tara would lead them against the evil.

Buffy had seen Giles finding a dead Watcher in England, he had been too late, the strange men had already been there, and she truly felt sorry for him. He was on his way home again, to protect Tara and to help Spike with the training. Soon the potentials would gather in this house, and they would have a lot to learn.

Buffy suddenly sat up in the bed, blinking a couple of times, seeing Cordelia standing by the window. The brunette looked at her, seeing Spike, sleeping next to Buffy in the bed.

“Cordelia? What are you doing here?” Buffy asked Cordy in her mind, caring to not wake Spike up from his slumber. The blonde vampire moved closer to Buffy, missing her warm body next to his and Buffy caressed his back soothingly.

“You got my message?” Cordelia eyed Buffy.

“Yes, I understood that you sent your vision to me.” Buffy looked into her friend's brown eyes, with a sad expression on her face. Cordy looked the same, the visions were always painful and left a cloud of despair, but hope never left their hearts.

“We must find out who's after them.” The two women agreed, before Cordelia disappeared just as quick as she had appeared and Buffy snuggled close to Spike, her mind filled with unanswered questions, as she tried to fall asleep in his arms and let sleep claim her.



An hour later, she still tossed and turned in the bed, making Spike wake up, he was holding her tight in his arms, trying to calm her down as he looked her deeply in the eyes, whispering.

“What's the matter, kitten? You're so tensed.” She looked into his eyes and let her breath out, and found herself lost in his sapphire eyes, as he gazed at her, eyes filled with adoration.

“I had a vision, but it's gone now.” She cupped his cheek with her hand, feeling the worries disappear from his mind. He smiled at her seductively.

“Good, I need you here.” He leaned down and softly kissed her on the lips.



Tara and Willow had came home from the hospital in the afternoon. Spike had started Tara's training as soon as she had got home, and it had turned out that she was still strong. She just needed a little practice to get in shape again, so Spike went patrolling with her. Tara staked a lot of vampires and Spike just watched her in awe, as she turned them into dust, swirling in the air. They were greeted by Willow when they got home and the three of them had watched TV for a while, until Spike had gone upstairs to get some sleep. Then Buffy had been laying in his bed, waiting for him and after they had kissed each other for what felt like hours, he had fell asleep in her arms, with happy thoughts in his mind, snuggling close to her under the cover.



Now, she was in his arms again and he had no intention to let her go. He made love to her, as the stars twinkled bright in the cold starry sky. The moonlight sent a soft light into the room through the window and in the corner of her eye, Buffy saw a star, that seemed to glow brighter than the others and it twinkled hopefully in the dark night.

After a while, they had went back to sleep in each others arms.



Somewhere between dream and reality, Spike found himself in the old factory and when he turned around he saw her. She was standing in front of him, her eyes sparkling as she played with a lock of her dark shiny hair. The old victorian dress looked the same, sweet, and the pearl necklace, he had given her a long time ago, hadn't lost its shine. She was indeed a dark beauty, and he could see why he had loved her in the past, why he had done everything for her, why he had adored her.

“My sweet William, have you missed your princess?” Her tone was innocent and lovable and he found himself mesmerized by her voice. She took a step closer, and reached out her hands towards him, not touching, only tempting him. She smiled and leaned in as if to kiss him, but her lips did not touch his, instead she turned her head away and smiled in a mysterious way, that he couldn't understand. Then she whispered softly in his ear, making him shiver.

“Do you remember when you said you loved all of me? When we still were together, you loved me, but then you left me. You left me for sunshine. Please, come back to me.”

He frowned, before he gazed at her, his blue eyes met hers, his voice cold as ice, as he spoke.

“Dru, don't mess up my mind. You're dead, you died in that church, there was nothing I could do to help you. Leave me alone.”

“Well, we'll see about that, won't we?” She burst into laughter, before she turned around and walked away from him, her hips swaying slightly from side to side, making the dress flare out around her legs. Her bare feet touched the stone floor, as she made her way through the factory, and she left him standing alone.

Now and then, she turned around, to see if he still was watching and she blew a kiss in the air towards him.

When he no longer could see her, she disappeared into the air, leaving a glittering stardust behind her, and with a wicked smile, she let his memory of the dream sink into oblivion.
Dark angel by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
I hope you haven't abandoned me? Sorry it took so long to update, but I've had fever, maybe I still have, I don't feel well.
Long time ago, when the sky touched the sea at the horizon and they seemed to be one, and the sun bathed in the sea, coloring the sky orange, pink and red against the dark blue above, day started to turn into night. Soon darkness dwelt and the moon regained her kingdom, her silent cold night, accompanied by little twinkling stars, which reflected themselves in the eyes of a goddess, standing on a hill.

Her blue sapphire eyes were as beautiful as her blue hair. She was indeed a beauty, all men wanted her, but no one could touch her. She only loved one man, but he was out of reach, because he was her brother. Love was never an option for her, love was misery and pain, darkening her soul, making her suffer, so her skin turned hard and a shell formed around her heart, to protect her, to hide her feelings and to heal her wounds.

She ruled her kingdom well. She was loved, treasured and admired, and feared by some. Her army defended her borders and her people lived in peace.

Her name was Illyria.

One day a woman came to her kingdom, a beautiful angel, with white wings and long, red hair. Her green eyes shimmered like emeralds, reminding Illyria of endless forests and soft green moss, promising green eyes, like the eyes of her brother, and she got a feeling, that her brother would fall in love with this angel, and he did.

From the moment they saw each other, they walked hand in hand and Illyria watched them from afar, with envy in her heart. When her brother told her about his feelings, unaware of his sister's forbidden feelings, he couldn't understand where her anger came from, why she had told him that the love of his life wasn't the one for him. He felt confused, and chose to leave, to give his sister time to think and to accept his bride.

The angel, who had been waiting for him to return to her, smiled and he placed a soft kiss on her lips, before they left the palace hand in hand. Her white dress seemed so pure, so did her heart, but nothing could have been more wrong.

They got married and he was so happy. He didn't notice that her white wings shifted color from bright white to grey and then they shifted to dark grey and then slowly they turned black, but his mind was blurred. He didn't even notice that all she wanted was power and that it consumed her soul, darkening her senses. Her angelic powers allowed her to read people's minds and she was amused by the feelings that Illyria held in her heart. The angel decided to kill her husband, to cause Illyria even more pain, and she did, with a wicked smile. The oracles tried to stop her, but failed.

When Illyria found her dead brother, she became furious and captured the angel by setting up a trap. She placed a beautiful mirror at a strategic place and when the angel came there, she couldn't resist to look at herself in the mirror and she was stunned by her own beauty and couldn't tear her eyes away from her reflection. Illyria grinned and stepped closer with a sword in her hand, ready to kill the angel, when an oracle stood in front of her, pleading to her.

“Don't kill her, it will only be worse then, let me take care of her.”

The oracle held up her palm, revealing a dusty glimmering powder and blew it softly in the direction of the angel, making her fall asleep. Then she picked her up in her arms, carrying her fallen angel, Celeste, back to heaven, with grief in her heart and tears streaming down her cheeks.

Cordelia woke up from her vision, thankful for what Selene had showed her, only to find herself in Angel's arms and she snuggled closer to him.

In another room in the same building, Illyria tossed and turned in the bed, annoyed and confused by the thoughts that kept her awake, not allowing her to sleep. Wesley tried to console the crying woman, but he felt insecure how to do it, this was something new to him, and he wanted to do the right thing, to calm her down and take away her pain.

“My kingdom is gone, the army I once had is scattered to the wind, there's nothing left. I don't know who I am any longer. I have nothing to live for, it's so empty inside of me. I share Fred's memories, but they're not mine. Who am I?”

“You're Illyria.” He wrapped his arms around her.

“Why did you do that?” She looked him in the eyes, suspicious.

“Because I care about you.” He whispered in her ear.

Illyria felt even more confused, but deep down in her mind, she felt a strange feeling, devotion, a feeling she had inherited from Fred, and it filled her senses.

“Will you kiss me?” Her blue eyes pleading. “I've never been kissed.”

“Only if you want to.” He smiled shyly.

When their lips met, Illyria knew that there was a meaning with all this, her longing heart was filled with love as she discovered these new feelings, feeling the blood rush through her veins. She felt alive, more than ever, so did he.


Back in Sunnydale, Spike and Buffy embraced and held each other tightly, neither of them wanted to let go as they lay in the bed, looking into each others eyes. Outside the window the sun was rising and Buffy softly whispered to him.

“I love you. I always will.” The depths of his eyes confirmed that he felt the same way.


Later that morning Buffy went back to heaven and Spike continued to train Tara in the basement, where the sun wouldn't be able to harm him. They were interrupted by the phone ringing. It was Giles, calling from the airport.

“Tara, there's something I have to tell you. The potential slayers are coming to Sunnydale.”

“I know, I've seen it in my slayer dreams.”

“You have? That's good. We'll talk more soon, I'm on my way home.” He was about to hang up, when he heard her asking something.

“Giles, what is a scythe?”
I have faith in you by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
This chapter starts with a wedding and the new priest in Sunnydale is introduced that way. I loved writing this, I got all bridezilla *giggles* though I'm already married ;) I started to look for wedding gowns and tiaras on Internet like I was obsessed. ;) The reading from the bible is 1 Corintians 13:4-8, 13.
If you wanna see the gown I chose for the bride, you can see it here: http://www.bridalchalet.com/Gallery/bridalgown/aline/product.html?id=itemgrCrJJztCM
“To love and to cherish, to love each other for all eternity, to confirm your love in holy matrimony, that is a gift from God, let him fill your hearts and let your hearts lead you towards a life of joy and happiness, where your children can grow up in peace.”

He gazed out over the people in the church, this was his first day as a priest in Sunnydale. He just got the job, the last priest disappeared during mysterious circumstances and he had happened to be in the right place at the right time. He was in the middle of conducting a marriage ceremony. The bride looked lovely, wearing a wonderful A-lined wedding gown, she looked innocent and shy and the priest couldn't stop staring at her. The way her chest slightly heaved when she let her breath in, was more than he could handle.

The man she was marrying didn't know how lucky he was to have such a bride, she was filling out the dress in all the right places. Her blonde strands were held in place by hairpins, but some locks had managed to escape and made her look even more adorable in his eyes. A simple, yet romantic, tiara ornamented with white pearls crowned her head, and he noticed that her skin seemed to glow, like the pearls did.

The bridal bouquet was made of creamy Vendela roses, tied together by a green satin band and the way she held them in her hands, made him shiver. He let his eyes caress her body, while he wondered how it would feel if she touched him with those white satin gloves, that ended above her elbows.

The priest could definitely imagine her in his bed, she was all he ever wanted, and if he was lucky, she was a virgin, he would love to devour her and mess up her hair and smear out her makeup, he would kiss away all that pink glittering lip gloss from her lips and rip off her ...

He shook his head and snapped back from his thoughts, when he heard a woman read from the bible. It was a relative of the bride and by the way she looked, she had ate too much. He shuddered, but kept looking at her. One thing was for sure, he'd never hit on that woman... Yeah, he was desperate, but not insane, he thought.

“Love is very patient and kind, never jealous or envious, never boastful or proud, never selfish or rude. Love does not demand it's own way. It is not irritable or touchy, it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. Three things are certain: Faith, Hope and Love, these three, but the greatest of these is love. Amen.” The woman was finally finished with the reading and he let his breath out, when she went back to sit down on the church bench.

The rest of the wedding, the pledge, the wedding wows and the exchanging of the rings went well, so did the pronouncement and the closing prayer.

“You may now kiss your Bride”. He announced and when the happy couple kissed, he tried to ignore his lustful feelings for the bride and managed to do it.

He was pleased with himself and tonight he would see the darkhaired beauty to get new orders. He clasped his hands together and burst into a psalm as the organ started to play. He smiled and he charmed them all.



Giles was back home and he brought several potential slayers, that he had found on his way back to Sunnydale. One of the girls had nearly been hit by a car and surprisingly the driver had looked like a priest. Giles had reached out for her and quickly pulled her away from the street. Now they gathered in the kitchen, so far they were eight potentials, but more girls were on their way. Spike, Dawn, Willow and Tara joined them. Some of the potentials were afraid that the bringers would come after them, so Tara did a protection spell. The potentials liked Tara from the beginning, the fact that she was both a slayer and a wicca appealed to them.

They were discussing the latest events in the kitchen, while they were drinking tea. Many questions needed answers, especially two questions; what they were doing here in Sunnydale and what a slayer really was doing. Most of the potentials hadn't known that they were predestined to be slayers, until the bringers had began to chase them, and they came to Sunnydale.

One of the potential slayers, Vi, cleared her voice and asked Giles a question.

“Giles, is it true that there are two slayers?”

“Yes, there are two, Tara and Faith. By the way, they should be here soon.” He started to polish his glasses, trying to calm his nerves down.

“Who are coming?” Dawn asked, curious as always.

“Wesley and Faith, he got her out of jail. We need her for the training.” Giles explained.

“Oi, what about me?” Spike interrupted, clearly annoyed.

“Of course, Spike. We need you too. Did you know that Spike has trained Tara?” Giles was looking at the potentials. “And he's doing well. We need all the help we can get.”

“But he is a vampire?” Another potential, Kennedy, frowned at Spike.

“So what, I have a soul.” He crossed his arms over his chest and pouted.

Willow cleared her throat, trying to change the subject.

“Is Fred coming too?” She smiled at Giles, hoping her friend would come and visit her.

“Not exactly, she's changed a bit. She's not the one she used to be.” Giles sighed. “According to what Wesley has told me, she's now a demon from the Primordium Age, I mean the demon has taken over Fred's body, she got infected. And now Wesley is taking care of her, she's very vulnerable and confused and won't leave his side. He is investigating her abilities, we don't know which powers and strengths she possesses yet.”

“Poor Fred, she was so in love with Wes”. Willow looked miserable and Tara squeezed her hand. Tara changed the subject by asking Giles the question she had in mind.

“Giles, you never give me an answer, you know I asked you on the phone about the Scythe? I saw it in a slayer dream, what do you know about it?” They all became quiet, when Giles started telling them what he knew about the weapon.

“There is a legend, that there is a weapon, the Scythe, formed a long time ago, meant for her, the slayer. But according to the legend, it's stuck in a stone and only she can release it. If it exists, we must find it before they do, the strange men, the bringers and whoever leads them. I'm not sure if they know how to use it, but we can't take any chances”.

All of them nodded, they had to find the Scythe, if it existed. If they only knew how close it was...



Back in heaven, Buffy was trying to find out more about Celeste and Selene shared the vision with Buffy, that Cordelia had been shown. She understood what the former angel had done and that Illyria might be a threat to the star, if Celeste had anything to do with the hunt of the potentials.

Buffy had been watching Illyria and Wesley since she had came back to heaven this morning and was touched by the care Wesley showed the person, who once had been Fred. They were on their way to Sunnydale, and on their way there, they had managed to get Faith out of jail.

Now, Illyria was sleeping in the car and Faith said she was ready to help Tara with the training of the potentials. Everything seemed to be fine, but inside his heart Wes was more than worried, thinking about the call he had received from Giles and he wondered who was after the potentials and the slayers, trying to exterminate the whole slayer line. He couldn't let that happen, he was a former Watcher and it was his responsibility to help his girls. And Illyria, he thought, she needed help too. He looked at her, and he found her amazingly cute, and his heart sang.



Back in the church, the wedding was over and the priest looked more than pleased, but when no one was looking, he muttered and cursed the bride for tempting him and giving him sinful thoughts. She was just like the others, a smiling bitch, an Eve tempting with forbidden fruit.

The woman who had hired him, had given him a place to stay, an old house with a basement, in the outer regions of the city. The building seemed to be an old vineyard, but he didn't really care where he lived, as long as he had a place. And tonight, he would see her in the church, at midnight. She seemed to have a thing for priests, he could tell she was hot for him and he couldn't wait to hear her confession. He licked his lips, she was one hell of a woman. He would gladly follow her orders, but hoped she would offer her body to him.
Where the good magic lives by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
Enjoy!
That night Tara went back to where the good magic lives, in her dream. Buffy was with her, holding her hand, as they strolled through the forest, under the starry sky. The unicorn was waiting by the pond and when the animal saw the two girls, it lowered its horn in a humble gesture. Tara sat down and the unicorn put its head on her lap and closed its eyes, when she began caressing its soft white mane, spun with silver, that made it glitter in the moonlight.

Buffy sat down next to Tara and leaned her head to her friends shoulder. Tara let her chin rest on Buffy's head and there they sat in silence for a long time, like sisters.

Buffy was playing with a lock of Tara's hair and suddenly she whispered.

“I will tell you a secret.” Buffy could feel that Tara was smiling against her hair and her heart raced at the thought of what she was about to tell her friend. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, as she spoke, it was not more than a whisper, but it was enough for Tara to hear.

“I love Spike, I really do.” Buffy felt relieved and waited for her friends reaction.

“I know sweetie, and he loves you too.” Buffy got tears in her eyes and Tara wiped them away, putting her arms around the angel. “I know he loves you, you're all he talks about.”

“Really? I want to be with him, but it's not so easy with all those potentials back home and my place is in heaven, still I long for him. I'm lost without him.”

“I know, I'll keep them out of his room. I know you spend some time with him at night.” Tara giggled. “But I'm the only one who knows.” Tara smiled in a mysterious way.

“How could you know that?” Buffy felt her cheeks turn red, while she looked down at the moss, letting her fingers trace patterns.

“I saw you early one morning, when I peeked in to wake him up for my training. You were laying there in his arms and the two of you looked so beautiful, so I tipped out on my toes.”

“I see.” Buffy blushed even more. “Please don't tell the others.”

“I won't, your secret is safe with me. I'm so happy for you.” Tara still had her arms around Buffy.

“I wish he was here with me.” Buffy pouted and Tara could see the gleam of sadness in her eyes. She gave her friend an encouraging look

“Your wish is granted.” Tara smiled at her, then she woke up the sleeping unicorn, and she placed a kiss on the angels hair. She rose from the ground and her yellow dress flared around her legs, when she started walking. The unicorn was following her and she sat up on its back. Then she turned around with that mysterious smile on her lips again.

“What do you mean?” Buffy wondered. She was still sitting on the soft green moss.

“He should be here soon.” Tara mused, before she took off, riding with her hair blowing in the wind through the forest, with a happy smile on her lips.

Buffy didn't know what to believe. Then she turned around and there he was, leaning against a tree. Her heart jumped in her chest and their eyes met and after that there was no turning back. They were soon in each others arms and when he kissed her, she felt complete.

She gave him all her love, let it pour from her body and he embraced her, telling her he'd always be with her, that he'd never leave her. She arched into his touch, enjoying his hands roaming down her sides and without she had known how it happened, she was laying down, looking into his sapphire blue eyes. She felt dizzy and their kisses made her body shiver. Their eyes locked and she saw love and affection in his eyes.

He couldn't stop looking at her, his hands in her blonde hair, his mouth getting closer to hers and he saw stars in her eyes. When his lips brushed over hers again and he gently let his tongue slip into her mouth, she held her arms around his neck, kissing him back with so much intense, that he almost lost his mind. Her light green satin dress was the only thing between them now, his clothes lay tossed around them, but she didn't care, all she cared about was that he was there with her, making her complete. Nothing else did matter.

His hands all over her body, listening to her pulse, as he grabbed her hips under the dress and ripped off her thong and she placed her legs around his waist, pulling him closer until he slid inside of her and he started moving his hips, and she was meeting each thrust, arching her back, clinging to him. The darkness surrounded them and Buffy found herself looking into his eyes, as she gave him a piece of her soul. He already owned her heart.


Far away Tara smiled, looking at the stars, while the unicorn had its head on her lap and she stroke its mane, when the unicorn changed into a beautiful man. He looked into her eyes and nodded and she smiled at him, while the stars continued to twinkle. She let her fingers run through his hair, they had such a special band, he truly loved her, but she loved someone else. He was grateful just to have her close, to be with her and whenever she came here, he would wait for her, they were like brother and sister. In fact, he was the one who had taught her magic in the first place.

He knew all her secrets and he would always be there for her, they shared a special friendship. He considered that platonic love was so much more beautiful than the physical, and was pleased that she felt the same way. Only in her dreams she would come to him and he cherished each night she did. In her own dimension she had Willow and he knew how much Tara loved her girlfriend, but deep down in his heart he longed for more. He would never admit it though, but together they would be all he ever dreamt about.

He lifted his head a bit and looked into her eyes and wondered how she would react if they met in her dimension. When he first met her, it had been in a dream and he had brought her to his dimension, to teach her magic. She was now a wicca, he had done well and she had became more than a witch, she was also a slayer. She caressed his cheek and he put his head down again with a smile on his lips.
Bliss by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
Enjoy! I hope you like this ;)
He knew that she would come. He was waiting for her, soon she would be there. A couple of minutes after midnight he heard the sharp sound of her stiletto high heels against the stone floor, and he cursed himself for having thoughts about how those shoes made her legs even taller and more tempting. The sound suddenly disappeared and he held his breath, waiting like a predator for her to sit down opposite him. A soft moan escaped from her lips. Only a thin wall separated them now and he could smell her, a seductive smell of green apples. He licked his lips in expectation for what was about to come.

She started to speak in a caressing, sensual tone and he tried to resist, tried to ignore the fact that she was turning him on. But it was impossible, he had to play along with this sinful woman, had to taste her forbidden fruit, had to follow his needs.

“Oh, father, I've sinned.”

“Tell me, my child.” He tried to hide his amusement, all women were the same, offering themselves to whoever wanted them, only to tempt, to make men want them. She was a sinful, wicked example of that, still he lusted after her. What was wrong with him?

“I have unpure thoughts.” She said in a intimate tone, making him blush. He was thankful that she couldn't see him in the darkness, she could only listen to his voice. If she only knew how hot she made him, of course she knew, he thought. She was an Eve, a manipulating creature, a woman.

“Go on.” He cleared his throat, trying to sound strict. She was a sinner, after all, he kept reminding himself of that, over and over again.

“About a man. I touched myself, while I was thinking about him.” She purred.

“I plan to seduce him. Sunshine ain't no good for him, I'm so much better than her. I'll make him forget about her. I know what a man wants, I know what he wants and I'm gonna give it to him, make him scream my name, make him drown in his own desire.”

“You have been a naughty girl.” He wanted to give her feelings of guilt, to make her feel guilty and unclean, but she surprised him by teasing him, leading him into temptation.

“I know and you like that, don't you?” The thought of her impaled on his cock invaded his mind and he closed his eyes and gasped slightly.

“Anything for you.” He couldn't believe he was saying that.

“I know, the pixies told me so.” She smiled in a mysterious way, but he couldn't see that.

“You've done a good job with the potentials, but there are more girls to kill. Hunt them down, all the slayers, hunt them down for your princess.” She mused.

“I will.”

She was about to rise from the bench and he thought that she was going to leave and he panicked. He could hear her wicked laughter echoing between the stone walls in the church, then she called out for him with a demanding tone, still playful.

“Come and sit on my lap.” Her voice sent shivers down his spine.

He sat down and she traced with her nails down his neck, looking at in fascination, how his blood ran through his veins. She put her lips against his skin and he leaned his head backwards. She placed wet kisses along his white skin and nipped at his neck.

“Now let me bite you. You know you like it, makes you feel so good.”

He didn't answer, but didn't struggle either, he felt ashamed for enjoying it. Here he was, a priest, a filthy priest, in the hands of a dangerous woman, the worst of them all and he truly enjoyed it. He shouldn't allow her to give him such pleasure, but who was he to object?

Drusilla smiled against his neck, he was so easy to manipulate. So stupid, so naive, but who was she to object? As long as he did his job...


Far away Celeste radiated pure evil. The star was furious and deep down in her heart she was terrified. Somehow she had sensed that Illyria had came back to the living. Illyria, the ancient demon, that almost had killed her once, if it hadn't been for Selene, the oracle, Celeste would have been dead now, a dead angel with black wings. She had been so beautiful and so powerful, as an angel. Now, she was a star, trapped in the sky, unable to move. All she could do, was to whisper her secrets to people crazy enough to hear her, that was her punishment for once claiming the world. Life was so unfair, so meaningless. She had killed the one she had loved, she had nothing left, only misery and pain, and she had only herself to blame.


Illyria was still sleeping in the car, when they arrived to Sunnydale. Wesley carried her inside the house, while Faith went in front of them. They were greeted by Giles, all the girls had went to bed and Spike was nowhere to be seen. They went to bed, tomorrow would be a long day of training for all of them.

There was only one girl awake and that was Dawn. She couldn't sleep, she was waiting for Spike to return, from what she thought was his patrolling. Tara was also gone, but Willow hadn't noticed. They had to be patrolling. That was the only logical explanation. She yawned and decided to sleep in Spike's bed, until he got back.

Just before the sun rose, she noticed that he was coming home. She sat up in the bed and he looked surprised to see her, but not angry with her for sleeping in his bed. He sat down on the bed with his legs crossed, smiling at her, taking her hands in his.

“Niblet, you wouldn't believe me if I told you.” He leaned close to her and whispered.

“What?” She whispered back, curious to find out.

“I was with Buffy and it was kind of magic.” She could tell that he wasn't lying, he was telling her the truth and she shared his happiness. She gave him a quick hug and asked him if she could sleep in his room. He told her that she could do that, since she already had her own quilt in his bed and her pillow there. He kissed Dawn on the forehead and pulled his quilt over his body, thinking of Buffy with a happy smile on his lips, laying there in the darkness.

“Night, Spike.” She mumbled.

“Sweet dreams, niblet.”


Tara mused at the sunrise, the man who had taught her magic, had changed back into a unicorn and now they were saying goodbye to each other, standing at the rainbow, looking into each others eyes, smiling. Tara turned around, blew a kiss in the air and then she was gone, but he was still standing there, waiting for her to return.
I'm no angel by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
Cordykitten, consider yourself warned! ;)
It had been two nights since she had been in the church and made her confession. Now she was standing by his bed and just looked at him; chisel-sharp cheekbones, long dark lashes, muscular shoulders, blond messed up curls and skin pale as alabaster.

She glanced at her naked feet and smiled, suddenly shy. She wished that she could have seen her own reflection in the mirror; long blond hair, sparkling green eyes, white halterneck dress, white nails, white wings with soft feathers. She really felt like an angel, so pure and innocent.

She put one knee down on the mattress and crawled closer to kiss him. He moaned lightly and a grin flew over her lips. Suddenly he opened his eyes and the love she saw in them was indescribable. He had never looked at her that way and she felt envy. He touched her arm.

“You're cold, luv.” He gave her a worried look, searching for an answer in her eyes.

“I was out in the snow.” She blushed, like she imagined Buffy would have done.

“Come here, let me warm you.” He tried to embrace her, but she withdrew from him.

“No.” She hesitated. He would notice that her heart didn't beat. She swallowed hard.

“Why not?” He looked hurt and who was she to resist him, after all this was what she had dreamt of for so long, to feel him in her arms and to feel those lips touching her skin. She gave him her hand and he took it, while she pretended to hold her breath.

“You're freezing cold, kitten.” He put the quilt over her body and put an arm around her waist, laying on the side, and she pretended to breath.

“Why were you out in the snow anyway?” He frowned, truly worried and if her heart would have beaten it had melted, like honey in warm tea.

“I wanted to make a snow angel, just like when I was a little girl.” She put on a innocent look and pouted a little, which made her adorable in his eyes and he kissed her on the forehead.

He kissed her on the lips, but she didn't feel like Buffy, something was wrong. He looked into her green luminous eyes and he inhaled the smell of her lip gloss, cherry. He ignored his feelings, she was here in his arms, wasn't that enough? She gave him a soothing smile and he relaxed.

Another kiss, her arms around his neck, playing with his hair. Her nails started to lose their white color and soon revealed their real shade of black. She pulled him against her, but not to close, she kept her distance. She was making sure he kissed her, so he wouldn't notice her change. Her hair turned brown, like dark chocolate, her eyes changed color as well and the wings disappeared, so did the white dress. Instead she wore a dark purple satin slip.

He froze, when he opened his eyes, seeing Drusilla laying next to him, with desire in her eyes.

“Is that how you greet your princess?” She mused, tracing a finger along his arm.

He just stared at her, not wanting to believe what he saw, what he thought he saw.

“By looking at her with cold eyes?” She asked, not very pleased.

“You asked me why I was cold, maybe because I'm dead, sweetie. Like you. You belong to me. I sired you, you're mine!” Drusilla tried to get close to him, but he pushed her away.

“You're nothing to me. You're beneath me.”

“I wanna feel your body smashed to mine, just like before. Before that stupid slayer destroyed everything, we were eternal.” She sobbed.

“Yeah, before you cheated on me with Angel.”

“He is...”

“I don't wanna hear it! Leave me alone now, will you?”

“Fine, I'll leave, let you come to your senses.” She pouted, to show her dissatisfaction, but when she turned around she smirked. She made her way out of the room, then she disappeared, leaving a glittering stardust, twinkling in the air for a couple of seconds.


Wesley had started the potentials training together with Tara, Giles and Faith. Illyria found it boring to hang out downstairs and wait for Wesley, so she went upstairs, to explore the house. She had Wesley's words ringing in her ears, she shouldn't disturb Spike, he needed his beauty sleep. She had promised not to, but she was drawn towards his door and her curiosity took over her common sense. Did vampires really need beauty sleep? She smiled to herself, she had to find out. She opened the door carefully, when a pillow came flying through the air, hitting the door and she was more than surprised by his actions. Yeah, he could definitely need some sleep, with that attitude, she thought.

“I told you to leave, didn't I?” He said, with an ironic tone. “Stupid bint,” he muttered.

“Sorry.” She was about to close the door, when he looked up at her, the woman standing there in the doorway, the woman who had used to be Fred, she was so different now. So much more female, so powerful, so demoniacal, no wonder Wesley loved her, maybe more than he ever had loved Fred.

“Illyria, what are you doing here? You scared me.” He raised a brow at her and she took a step closer, closing the door behind her and sat down at the floor.

“I'm restless. I thought that you maybe...” She hesitated and became quiet.

“What?” Now he was curious, what the hell did she want from him?

“Wanna fight? I need to fight and there's no one else strong enough. Just for fun.”

“Would love to, just need some clothes.” He chuckled, putting on his pants.

Now they were face to face, ready to fight and Illyria was flexible like a cat, avoiding his attempts to hit her and she smirked, while she tried to punch him and she did, but for a second she got lost staring at his bare chest and didn't see what was coming and suddenly she was laying on the floor. It was dark in the room now, they had tore down the lamp on the table next to the bed and it had crashed down on the floor. They heard footsteps in the stairs and Wesley opened the door, not pleased with what he saw, Spike on top of his girlfriend. Wes cleared his throat, but was relieved when Spike helped Illyria up from the floor.

“Let me know, if she gets disturbing.” Wesley looked insecure, looking down at the floor.

“You can have her, we were done with the fighting.” Spike pushed Illyria toward Wes and leaned close to the other man and whispered something in his ear. Wes smiled shyly and took Illyria by the hand and went downstairs again. Spike sighed and went to bed again.
What my heart desire by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
Leave a review if you wanna make my day! ;)
It was stuck in a stone. It was stuck and all he wanted was to get it, to have it, to keep it away from her. Deep in his heart, he feared it, he was afraid the metal would burn like fire in his hands, still his desire fueled and the cold shiny steel tainted his mind. The reflection from the burning candles, when he first had seen the light dancing over the blade, it had made him believe that there really was a God. He couldn't take his eyes away from it and he had felt greedy, even though he knew the weapon wasn't meant for him.

His bringers were no longer chasing the potentials, they were trying to please their master and bring him the weapon, by drilling into the heavy stone both day and night. It was an endless attempt, it was stuck and however they tried to break the stone, they failed. But they had no choice, they had to go on, there was no other alternative.

The priest thought of the woman, who had commanded him to move into this vineyard. He looked around in the basement, it was old and the walls were made of stone. Cold, grey stone surrounding him, it wasn't a place worthy a priest, but still it was. He turned around and looked at the Scythe, reaching for it, but stilled his movements, when he almost was touching it, but he pretended to, in his mind. He could feel the energy dwelling inside the weapon, it felt like electricity flowing towards it. He removed his hand slowly, it almost felt like her.

She had tempted him, she was gone with the sin, and he was a victim, temptation was consuming his soul, but he didn't really care, it was pure lust, need and domination. He had no free will any longer, he was her marionette. He would meet her soon again, he had to, otherwise he felt like he wouldn't make it. She was draining him and he craved for more.



Drusilla hummed to herself, while she put on her dress, with a innocent smile on her lips. He would regret that he had turned her down, she had plans for him. Soon he would forget about that stupid angel. She thought about her last talk with Celeste. The star had told her she was pleased with her actions. Drusilla had managed to kiss Spike in form of Buffy, and then she had revealed her true form, to twist his mind. This was only the beginning to create a split between Buffy and Spike. He belonged to her and nothing would separate them, not again.

He was the one, not like Angel had been, he was the one for her, and she missed his touch. Soon he would be lusting for her and obey her every command, she mused to herself. She just had to make sure that the stupid priest wouldn't stand in the way, she knew he could be dangerous, if she didn't watch out. But she couldn't get rid of him yet, he was still useful.
Drusilla smiled, putting on her cherry lip gloss, before she left her house, humming.



Tara's thoughts were drawn to her unicorn man and she seemed to be far away in her mind. The training was over for today and she and Willow were sitting at The Espresso Pump. She couldn't help to feel guilty. She had the best girlfriend ever, she was loved, she should be happy, but something was missing. Maybe it had disappeared when Willow had gone dark, when her own hope had been shattered and she had spent so much time, first in darkness, then in her other dimension, with him. He had healed her wounds and showed his affection, treated her like a princess, he truly loved her, but she couldn't find out. He had known that she would return to Willow, for that reason he had repressed his true feelings, kept them in the dark, not to be revealed. She had done the same, not allowing herself to feel, but sometimes she had failed and then she had been swept away with the wind, swirling in the air like a green leaf, dancing around him, only in her mind, but he had seen it all in her eyes and his heart had been filled with love; this woman was everything he wanted.


Willow looked at her girlfriend; she was the sweetest one and she blamed herself for not loving her as much as she deserved. Tara was a complete different person now, after all she had so much more responsibility with the potentials training and all that happened around her. They hardly ever got any time together and when they did, Tara was so tired, so there was not much energy left for Willow. She looked into Tara's eyes and thought she saw a rainbow reflecting in the iris, but then it was gone and Tara took her hand, they left the café, walking hand in hand under a red umbrella, while the rain fell like tears.



Spike woke up when darkness fell, a strange feeling filling his mind. He opened his eyes to see Buffy, sitting on the edge of his bed and he froze. When she reached out her hand to him, he didn't take it and she frowned, wondering what was wrong. He saw the tears started to form in her eyes and he wished he could have known if she was the real one or not. He couldn't speak, not a word came over his lips. She turned around and sat down in the window recess, turning her face towards the starry sky and when he saw her reflection on the glass, his heart was filled with joy. She was the one, the angel of his heart. She looked surprised when he sat down opposite her and took her hands in his, like nothing had happened, but she didn't speak, neither did he. They saw love and affection in each others eyes, that was enough.


Buffy had longed for Spike the whole day and sitting so close to him now, made her heart beat hard in her chest. Those blue eyes made her dizzy, they were so intense and her eyes spoke love to his. She wanted to tell him how much she loved him. His hand was cupping her cheek and he brushed his lips over hers, feeling how warm her skin was and he kissed her, while the stars continued to twinkle.
Rain by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
Cordykitten, consider yourself warned ;)
Chapter inspired by the song Rain by Madonna.
The rain poured down. He put his arms around her. They were hiding from the rain under a tree and the way he held his arms around her waist made her blush. So innocent were his moves, still so different from the way he used to hold her. She was sitting between his legs, leaning her cheek against his chest and he warmed her body, protecting her from the rain, that fell around them. She was trembling in his arms, by more than one reason, being so close to him, feeling his heart beat, feeling the fresh scent of green grass surrounding them, wet by the rain, warmed by the sun. Her dress was soaked, but all she cared about was to stay in his arms. He placed a light kiss on her hair. He could feel how she smiled against his chest.

“Tara, baby, I can't deny it any longer, what I feel for you, how you make me feel, when I'm around you. The way you smell, the way you fill my senses in every way there is.” He whispered, sending shivers down her spine. He brushed his lips against her forehead and their softness made her long for more.

Dark blue eyes under thick dark lashes gazed at her and she met his gaze, seeing the universe in his eyes, like never ending depths. She was drowning in his eyes and he put a lock of hair behind her ear, cupped her chin and brought her closer and when their lips finally met, she felt like coming home. Kissing her with soft, wet tongue, he could feel how she melted in his arms and he tried to channelize his feelings through the kiss; the longing, the feelings he had been hiding for so long, keeping them in the dark. They broke apart and he was waiting for her reaction. The way she smiled made him stop wondering, seeing stars in her eyes.

“I know we could be so good together. Let me love you.” He let his fingers run up and down her arm, looking at their feet, then meeting her gaze, eyes locked, lips getting closer again.

“I'm yours.” She whispered, feeling his lips touching hers, in sheer bliss.



The rain had poured down the whole evening, making Sunnydale dull and grey and Spike had been spending some time with Dawn. They had been at the cemetery, putting roses on Buffy’s grave, white roses, and they had lit a candle. When they had left, the roses had seemed to glow and the remaining snow had glittered in the shade of the light. Soon it all would be gone, gone like her. Sadness mixed with gratitude filled his heart, as he thought of his angel, now living in heaven, far away from him, but still close. She couldn't stay away from him, she always came back and he loved her, maybe more than ever. Dawn took his hand and they went on a walk through the empty town, while she babbled about school and boys and he smiled towards her under the big black umbrella, that covered them.

Back in the house, they had hot chocolate, watching Passions. The potentials were down in the basement, doing their training with Faith.

Later that night, when all had fallen asleep, a pink glittering dust swirled through the house and found its way into Spike’s room and he fell deeper and deeper in his sleep.



He was in his crypt, he was hardly ever there anymore. The candles were lit and the light flickered in the shadows. He couldn't remember when he had lit them, he felt like they had been there forever, but he knew that was impossible. Sooner or later they would die down, by themselves. Someone had been there or was still there, he supposed. He hadn't been there for a while, since he more or less lived in Buffy's old bedroom, to be able to be close to Dawn. He had promised to take care of her and he did.

Dawn was the sweetest little niblet ever and he smiled when he thought about how many nights they had talked, since Buffy had died. He treated her like a daughter, a dear one and kept her close to his heart. She saw a father in him and he was more than pleased with that relation, he was very proud of her, his Dawnie.

Sometimes in the beginning they had went to the crypt, when things in the house had became too hectic and they wanted to talk alone, without no one else listening. Now, Clem lived there and they visited him now and then, the three of them watching TV together.

But now he was alone, Clem was nowhere to be seen. He looked around, it was a little dark and someone was humming a lullaby, it sounded like a child. Was there a child downstairs? He frowned. He climbed down the ladder, lit a candle and saw a woman laying in the bed, smiling, while she seemed to count the stars in the starry sky, though all he could see was the ceiling. He was about to speak, when she snapped her fingers and he felt like he was in trance.

He went closer and leaned over her and she looked so innocent, so beautiful, the glow in her brown eyes, her old-fashioned dress and those dark locks, covering the pillow. The bed were all in black and her red nails were raked in the sheets, she was waiting, waiting for the victim to come and he did.

Her lips tasted like blood, human blood and the intoxicating smell filled his nostrils and urged him to have more. He was keeping her in a tight lock. She licked her lips and purred like a cat.

“The pixies told me, you'd bite me tonight,” she mused in a sensual, irresistible tone. She leaned her head to the side and exposed her neck to him. He kissed the white skin, then he let his fangs sink into her skin to taste her. She purred, pleased and he licked the wounds clean.

“Don't fight your nature, we belong together.”

He didn't answer, just stared at her in the darkness. She kissed him and whispered into his mouth.

“I want you to do something for me, I want you to drain somebody for me, a girl named Rona, living in your house. Bite her thigh and think of me.” He nodded. She sat up on the mattress and he looked at her with eyes of anticipation. She straddled him, playful and dangerous at the same time, she was beyond dangerous, but his mind was blurred.

“I can feel you're enjoying this as much as I do,” she smirked. Then he looked into her eyes, brown with hints of amber, and when she sank her fangs into his neck, he moaned her name.

“Drusilla.”



Buffy froze. She had just come to join him in sleep, but now she felt like going.
Cherry blossom by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
I've finally updated! :) I hope you'll like it! :)
She just stared at him, not wanting to believe what she just had heard. She was about to get up from the bed, tears in her eyes, when she saw an effulgent light appear in front of the window.

“Cordy? What are you doing here?” The higher being knelt by the bed, wiping Buffy's tears away with her hand, smiling softly at the angel.

“I saw his dream in my vision, so I know what just happened. Wanna know?”

“I'd rather not,” Buffy winced.

“It's not like you think.” Cordelia tried to convince her.

“If he lusts for her, after all these years, I don't know what to think.” Buffy hid her face in her hands, she was in tears and the heartbreaking sound of her sobbing, made Cordelia embrace the angel, holding her in her arms like a child, consoling her.

“He will kill her again, but he doesn't know it yet. I can feel it.” Buffy removed her hands from her face, looking at Cordelia in astonishment. There was a sparkle in her brown eyes and Buffy frowned, trying to see what was on Cordelia's mind, but it was blocked from sight.

“How will he kill her?” Buffy wondered, afraid of the answer.

“I can't tell you. It's too dangerous for you to know.” Cordelia said with a sad smile, then she removed her arms from the angel, taking her hands in her own, squeezing them lightly.

“Now wake him up and pretend like nothing is wrong.” She said with a cheerful tone, trying to make Buffy stop thinking about Spike and Drusilla for a moment.

“Are you sure?” Buffy didn't sound like she was convinced.

“Yes, it will be fine. Trust me.” Cordelia kissed Buffy on the forehead, stood up, still holding hands and then she slowly disappeared, until the room was dark again.



Buffy looked at Spike, now he had a peaceful expression on his face and she leaned over him, gently touching his cheek. He smiled in his sleep and when he felt her lips touching his, he opened his eyes, wrapping his arms around her, while Buffy was looking at the ceiling, blinking away the tears, that dwelled in her eyes, hoping he wouldn't notice.


Soon they both were asleep. Tara was out in the hall, smiling in a mysterious way and suddenly the sleeping couple found themselves in a dream, woven by the wicca.



Buffy was walking in a forest, among cherry trees in blossom, they were reaching their branches towards heaven, reaching for the sun, the one giving them life. Little pink flowers, their scent lingered in the air. Cherry blossom in springtime and the one she loved was holding her hand and her heart was singing. He looked at her and she was bursting into bloom. Just one look and she felt alive, he made her complete like no one else could. The way he smiled at her, she just loved being with him, walking hand in hand in this world so unlike their own. The sun couldn't hurt him here, it shone, warming their skin. She smiled, telling him how much she loved to share this moment with him, on their way to the pond.

Sunlight was sparkling the surface of the water and Buffy felt like it was a mirror, that would show her secrets, if she only looked close enough. A looking glass to another world, like the bowl of water she used in heaven, to see into other dimensions. She turned around, hearing Spike softly speak to her. They sat down on the soft green moss and like if he had been reading her mind, Spike filled her cupped hands with water from the pond. The water started to glow and soon they both looked into a white world, belonging to The Powers That Be.




Buffy woke up from the dream, Spike was still sleeping next to her in the bed. She touched his arm and frowned when it felt warm. He smelled like sun, like cherry blossom and he smiled in his sleep. He had been walking in the sun, with her. She didn't care how it had been possible, after all it had only been a dream, hadn't it?

In her heart she thanked Tara for bringing them there. Tara had shared her secret with her, where the good magic lives, and Buffy was more than grateful.

She knew that her life never could be normal again, had she ever had a normal life? First being the slayer with the world on her shoulders, then being an angel of the oracles.

Now she felt like living in the shadows. Being in love with a vampire had never been her plan, nor being an angel. She belonged in heaven, but spent more time with the vampire. She felt lost without him, hoping they someday could be together in eternity. They had made their wish to the falling star, neither of them believed in fairytales, but hope never left their hearts.




Next morning, when Spike was on his way down to the kitchen, he could feel something was wrong, his niblet was hurt. He flinched, deciding to wait for her in the stairway. He knew that she would come to him, as soon as the quarrel was over, she always did.


“Dawn, that's enough!” Giles yelled, standing by the counter.

“What's enough?” Willow asked, coming from the living room. “Your principal just called...” She looked at Dawn, raising her eyebrows in question. “Shouldn't you be in school by now?”

“No, I don't feel well.” Dawn looked down at the floor.

“I'm so tired of that you're not telling me where you're going when you leave the house, and you're hiding things from me, having secrets, things I need to know.” Giles sighed.

“Spike promised Buffy to take care of me and he does, so you don't have to care, you’re not my father and never will be, though you and mum had an affair. You don't even live here.” She crossed her arms, eyeing the watcher.

“And by the way, I'm not the one having secrets here...” She glanced at Willow.

“You're stubborn, spoiled and you spend way too much time with that vampire.” Giles spitted out between his teeth. Dawn had tears in her eyes, but he didn't seem to care much.

“Is that what you told my sister too?” She wondered, her voice fragile.

“Buffy and Spike were never meant to be.” He answered coldly, avoiding to look at her.

“And who were you to judge them?” Dawn cried out, walking away from him, with tears streaming down her cheeks. “Who do you think you are?” She headed towards the stairs.

“Dawn, I'm sorry, I don't know what's got into me?” Giles said, closing the front door after him as he left the house, going to The Magic Box to see Anya.
Lovers from the past by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
Finally updated! :)
Cordykitten, consider yourself warned. It's only a flashback, but anyway ;) Just so you know....
*^^* Flashback *^^*

“Mine, you're mine.” She had licked the blood away from her lips after closing the wound, which she had caused on his neck. He had been quite delicious, she wouldn't mind spending eternity with him. Strong, lean, muscular body in her arms, chiseled cheekbones and the bluest eyes she had ever seen, hidden under long dark lashes. She had thrown his glasses away, he didn't need them anymore and had messed up his hair, running her fingers through it, while she was kissing him with hunger.

When she had found him he had been crying over some stupid bint, who obviously didn't love him. He had looked like he was lost; a shy boy beyond hope, but she had known better.

She had lifted his chin with her hand, her white gauntlet softly touching his skin. He had been surprised, just staring at the beautiful woman in front of him. In her chocolate brown eyes, he had seen some kind of bliss and he couldn't resist, when she had narrowed the distance between them. Her lips dangerously close to his, that had been the beginning of their destructive relation.

The way he had panted, when their lips had met, had made her grin. He had been an easy victim, she could play with him, he would do whatever she told him. An innocent kiss and then he had been trapped in her delicate yet intoxicating touch. She had looked into his blue eyes, finding herself mesmerized by the devotion she could read in them, so pure, so intense.

A few kisses after, she had kissed his neck and he had leaned against the brick wall behind him, suddenly weak in his knees, her fangs buried in his skin. Deep breaths followed by a scream of pain, turning into moans of pleasure, as he had leaned into her touch.


She smiled at the memory. He had been so affective their first weeks, like he really had loved her, declaiming poetry, pouring out his love to her with the soul he didn't have any longer.


“Till dust do us part, princess. I will love you, like the sea embraces the shore; endlessly. Like the stars twinkle in the cold night; with passion. Like the flowers in springtime; forgiving. Like the night, I love you. You're the one, my diamond in the sky...”

“Enough with the poetry”, she had pouted. “Kiss me instead.” She had looked at him, the man she had sired. He was nothing like her Angel, but he had loved her in his own way, admired her and cared for her, in ways Angel never had.

He had grabbed her by the waist and pulled her closer. She had smiled at her creation. The shy William mixed with Spike, dangerous, and all hers.

“I love you so much, Drusilla. Nothing can keep me away from you, princess. I would give you the stars if you wanted them. I'll do anything for you, love.”

“I know, my sweet William. I know.” Then she had gazed at the stars above them in the starry sky.



*^^* A few years later. *^^*


She was laying with her head in his lap. He had never been so happy, the sight of her in his lap was pure bliss and he was playing with her hair, while she was closing her eyes.
.
“The stars make me dizzy. Make them stop, darling. They devour me.” She mused.

“If I was a star, would I make your mind spin?” He mused back, looking down at her beautiful face, full of peace.

“No.” She smiled, her voice playful.

“Why not?” He wondered, running his fingers through her dark curls.

“Because you don't glow.” She said in her sweetest voice, making him smile.



Suddenly Angel stood in the doorway. Spike frowned at the intruder.

“Angel, what are you doing here?” He asked suspiciously.

“I'm here to take what's mine.” He said with a smug look on his face, leaning at the doorpost.

Drusilla was still closing her eyes, shivering, reaching for the stars, which only she could see.

“Such pretty little stars, so bright, all mine.” She mused, before she opened her eyes and rushed to the man, waiting for her.

“Angel!”

“I'll make you see stars, kitten. Lots of stars.” He said in a promising tone, with a smirk.

“I've missed you.” She said in a dreamy voice, making Spike wanna throw up.

“Well, I haven't”, Spike muttered. Angel cocked a brow at him, carrying her in his arms.



He just couldn't stand the thought of sharing her. Seeing her leave, broke his heart. He hated himself for letting her go.


He could remember the smug look on Angel's face.

“Why don't we share?”

“I'd rather not.”

“She used to be mine...” He just couldn't forget those words.



Years had gone by and their love had grown deeper, though Drusilla cheated on him, knowing it made him upset, she had tried to hide it. But he noticed the marks on her neck and the smell on her skin and the jealousy tore him to pieces.



One night when he got home, he had found her crying on the couch.

“Dru, luv, what are you doing?” He put his arms around her from behind and kissed her neck.

“Miss Edith has been a very naughty girl.” She sobbed, holding the doll in her arms.

“Why is that so, sweetie?” He asked with fear in his heart, holding her.

“She had sex with her Angel. I told her not to. You've got to punish her.” She looked miserable, tears streaming down her face. He let go of her, with disgust in his eyes.

“I can't stand this, luv. You’re killing me. This has to end.” He was more than upset, and she made herself as little as possible on the couch, trying to hide from his disappointment.

“No, the fairies swoon around the moon tonight, means I must return to him.” She managed to whisper, hoping he would understand.

“Don't you love me at all?” He sounded bitter, pacing through the room, finally stopping in front of her.

“I do love you, but I need something more.” She couldn't look at him, she kept glaring at the floor.

“Fine, go. Get the bloody hell out of here.” He pointed at the door. “Go, you stupid bint.”

“I will.” She got up, the dress was flaring around her legs and she didn't look back, when she left him in his misery.



Then he had taken her back to his heart and they had been happy together. Then she got sick and he had let her die. If he couldn't have her alone, no one could. At least not Angel.




Spike frowned. How could she be alive? It just didn't made sense to him.



Angel had came to Sunnydale, to tell Wesley that he won't take over Wolfram&Hart, the offer had been tempting, but he wasn't ready to leave Angel Investigations yet.

He was pleased to see Illyria's progress, she still had enormous powers and would be a resource in the apocalypse.

Wes adored her, maybe more than he had adored Fred. Illyria tainted his senses and the former watcher didn't mind helping Giles with the potentials training. Eventually, Faith did most of the training, prison had done her good. Tara was their leader, she was above all others, still humble yet powerful. She had a glow in her eyes, a fire, a passion for slaying and combined with her magic, she was the one.

Giles had been acting strange, he had left the house to go to The Magic Box. He spent all his free time with Anya, acting strange. What was wrong with him?

Buffy was beyond worried.
One dark night by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
Finally updated! :) Happy new year!
“Giles, I've been waiting for you.” Her voice was musing and he smiled to himself in the darkness. He had taken himself down to the basement of The Magic Box and he was standing in front of a big mirror, which was leaning against a wall. He touched the glass and then she slowly appeared in the mirror, the woman he desired.

Drusilla, he had heard so much about her, but she was absolutely adorable in her white old-fashioned dress. Dark hair was framing her face, eyes brown as chocolate and the sweetest mouth, but it was the eyes he longed to drown in, they seemed to be endless.


“Have you been a good boy?” She said in a sweet voice and he nodded eagerly. “Or do I have to punish you?” She mused in a playful tone, cocking a brow at him.

“No, mistress.” He mumbled. “I've done what you've asked of me.”




“Honey, what are you doing down there again?” He could hear Anya's voice from upstairs.

“I'm just looking for something, Anya. I'll be there in a minute. Oh, now I found it, dear.” He grabbed a small bag with green olive leaves, before he turned back to the mirror.

“I'll be back soon.” He whispered and she blew him a kiss. His heart was singing.



He returned to Anya, who was standing at the cashier, counting money.

“You know, you could help me here.” She pouted, looking hurt. “I could need some help.”

“Sorry, sweetie. I'm preparing a potion”, he lied. He kissed her softly on the lips to distract her. Her arms snaked around his neck and he found himself trapped between the cashier and the shelves behind him. She was in his arms, and no matter how much he loved Anya, he had things to do. Important things that couldn't wait.

“More, give me more.” She begged, holding him tight. He cleared his voice and removed his glasses nervously, starting to polish them.

“But, Anya, what if a customer comes in and you can't take care of the money?” He tried to convince her to let him go, he had to return. “Wouldn't that be sad?” She nodded.

“You're right, later.” She agreed, reluctantly letting him go.

The doorbell rang, Giles kissed her quickly on the lips again, before he returned to the basement.



“Drusilla, I'm back.”

She smiled at him and he found himself mesmerized again.

“Yes, look at me. Be in me, be in my eyes.” He just loved her, she was the essence of his soul. And there was no way he could resist her, no way he wouldn't obey her, how could he?

“Anything for you.” He whispered. She put her fingertips to the glass inside the mirror and he let his hand touch the glass on his side and he felt a tingle.

“I want you to take them to the vineyard tonight, especially Spike. Well done with Dawn, by the way. She got pretty upset, huh? And I bet Spike was too. Now I have him where I want him”, she mused, removing her hand from the glass and inspecting her long nails.

Giles couldn't help the pang of jealousy he felt in his chest, Dru had a past with Spike, he knew that, still it hurt. He swallowed hard.

“Fine, I'll take them there.”

“You've been a good boy. Makes mummy happy.” Her innocent smile made him want to cherish her and he touched the glass as she faded away, but it was cold. She was gone. He sighed and went back to Anya.




“How could he say those things to me? It's not fair.” Dawn sobbed in Spike's arms.

“Shh, niblet, it will be fine. I'm here for you, and the things he said, you know it's not true. I loved Buffy, I will always love her. We were meant to be together, I'll never give up on her, like I never will give up on you, bit.” His arms were around her, comforting.

“Put on some more clothes, we're going out. It's still dark. We could go and see Clem and we could make some snow angels outside the crypt.” He kissed her on the forehead. “Come on, you know, you want to.” Dawn giggled, while he pushed her upstairs to her room.

“We could bring some ice-cream.” She suggested when she opened the door to her room, opening her wardrobe, picking out a pink sweater and a green scarf.

“And those little marshmallows for the hot chocolate.” He added with a warm smile.

She smiled. “That's what I call breakfast.” She put on the sweater and scarf and reached out her hand towards him.

“Anything for you, my fair.” He took her hand and they almost ran down the stairs, Dawn with the big green scarf around her neck and the pink warm sweater on.

Tara was down in the hall, smiling at them. Dawn throw herself round her neck.

“Where are you going?”

“We're going out. Spike will make snow angels with me.” Dawn was excited, almost jumping up and down.

“Really?” Tara cocked a brow at him. Dawn giggled, while Spike cleared his throat.

“Well, we better go now, my little piglet.” She looked at him in surprise, but he only smirked.

“I do not look like piglet! Take it back!” She pouted and he could see the same stubbornness he had seen in Buffy’s eyes so many times. Tara handed Dawn her jacket and she put on her gloves as well. Spike put her chin in his hand, pretending to inspect her. She giggled.

“Never, you're even sweeter than that pig.” He mused. “Don't even know how that's possible.” She smiled at him as they left.



Tara closed the door behind them and leaned against the door. Willow came down the stairs and put on her sweetest smile, standing in front of her girlfriend.

“How are you doing, Tara? You look like you could need a good night's sleep.”

“It's all the patrolling. Don't worry, I'll be fine.” Tara assured her.

“Whatever you say, sweetie.” Willow kissed her cheek.



Dawn and Spike passed the cemetery. Some candles were lit. They passed Buffy's grave and Dawn got tears in her eyes. She swallowed and their hands found each other.

“You know, he said I was having secrets, but he was so wrong.”

“Why is that so?” He wondered.

“I saw Willow kissing someone and it wasn't Tara.” He squeezed her hand.

“Don't tell Tara. I'll talk to Willow.”

“Good, because I can't. Poor Tara. She doesn't deserve this.”

“Was it a man or a woman?”

“It was a woman”, Dawn almost whispered.

She sat down on her knees in front of her sister's grave, brushing the newly fallen snow away from the stone.

“Come, we better hurry. The sun will soon go up.”


They ran the last bit and opened the heavy door. Clem was nowhere to be seen. They sat down on the couch and as they sat down, Spike turned on the TV.

They sat there, Dawn's head on Spike's shoulder watching Passions like old times. The only difference was that there was no Buffy coming to take Dawn home. He blinked away a tear, hoping Dawn wouldn't notice. She was eating ice-cream now, his little niblet. He kissed her hair and she sighed happily. He put a blanket over her legs. Outside the sun rose.




Later that night the potentials made their way to the vineyard, followed by Tara, Willow, Illyria, Wes, Faith and Spike, since Giles had told them so. The Watcher seemed to know the way to the old vineyard and they all followed him there, unknowing of the danger waiting for them. The bringers were prepared to kill and the potentials would be easy victims. Caleb mused as he admired the Scythe, shining, but still stuck in the stone. He pretended that he hadn't heard them walking down the stairs. He knew that Drusilla was watching them from the shadows, and he wouldn't let her down.

“If you want it so badly, why don't you just take it?” He turned around, facing her, the slayer. She looked around in the empty basement, wondering where the bringers were. It was all quiet and her friends were standing behind her.

“I can't, you stupid bitch, you Eve of destruction.” He spitted out at her, snarling. “You think you're the sun, but you're nothing more than a flame in the dark.”

“Let it burn then.” Tara said, swinging her sword. She wasn't alone. They would make it. They were strong together.

“Fine.” He took a step closer, pointing at her with his knife. “Bring it on.”

Suddenly the bringers came from nowhere attacking and the fight was a fact. Some of the potentials were filled with rage as they saw the bringers, that had chased them to Sunnydale. They fought well, but it wasn't enough. Everybody did their best and a lot of bringers were laying dead on the floor, but many of the potentials were injured too.

They were trapped and when Molly fell lifeless to the floor, they knew they had to leave, before more of them were going to be killed. Giles was carrying the dead girl in his arms.

Tara turned around, staring at the smirking priest, before she walked away.

“This is so not over.”

“We'll see about that, won't we?” He mused, taking a bite of a green apple.



Meanwhile, Spike had met Drusilla in the shadows, he had felt her presence in the room and went after her. Now they were standing in a dark corner.

Finally, he has come to his senses, she thought, when he kissed her hand.

“See you tonight? I've missed you so, princess.”

“Meet me in the factory at midnight.” She gave him a promising look.

“Fine, I'll bring the potential. I wanna make it special for you.” He kissed her cheek.

"My sweet William, see you tonight."


Now, I've got you where I want you, Spike thought. He hoped she still had some furniture there, so he could fulfill his plans. He smirked, as he followed Tara and the others on their way home.
Bed of roses by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
Finally updated! ;) Cordykitten, consider yourself warned...
Tara took Buffy's hand and they slowly walked through the dark forest. The wicca remained silent, tears glistening in her eyes. She didn't have to tell the angel what had happened, she already knew. She had seen it from heaven; the destruction and the injured potentials, the sadness that surrounded them all when Giles had carried Molly in his arms.

Buffy had healed their wounds back at the house at night during their sleep, but there had been no hope for Molly, she had been lost. Tara sighed and Buffy lightly pressed her hand, when Tara suddenly stopped, turning to Buffy, a sad smile on her lips. They stood there under the starry sky, looking into each others eyes and a glimpse of hope filled Tara's heart, as Buffy healed her mind from sorrow. A light glow surrounded them until it slowly faded away.

Tara smiled at the angel, seeing love and affection in her eyes. She was like the sister she'd never had. They began walking again, Tara's mind was peaceful. Buffy had eased Tara's pain, but she couldn't do anything about her own mind. It was filled with thoughts, pictures of Spike and Drusilla dancing behind her eyelids. She shook her head, trying to think of something else, to clear her mind.

She looked up, when Tara let go of her hand, running away from her. It was the unicorn. Its mane, spun with silver, glimmered in the moonlight and Tara put her arms around its neck. The animal leaned its head on her shoulder. She climbed up on his back, riding to where the rainbow usually ended. Buffy followed them from high above, as the unicorn moved gracefully along the path between the willow trees.

When the angel arrived, Tara was sitting with her back against a tree, and the unicorn lay down next to her. As Buffy joined them, the unicorn closed its eyes, resting in the soft green grass. Tara pointed at the place next to her and Buffy sat down as well.

“Tell me about the Scythe.” Tara almost whispered. Buffy leaned against her friend's shoulder and started telling Tara the legend in a low voice.

“The Scythe was formed by The Guardians, who were an ancient group of friendly women protecting the slayers. They had hid it from the Shadow men, who later became the Watchers. It was supposed to kill the last pure demon that walked upon earth, and then it had been embedded in stone, forgotten. That had been until Caleb had found the inscription in the Gilroy monastery. His destiny had been about to be fulfilled, but his disappointment, when he had read it, made him kill all the monks, except one, who had hidden. He searched endlessly for the weapon, until The First Evil, the star Celeste, sent him to the vineyard, where it was buried in stone. He was set to protect it and to bring an end to the slayer line. Him, a fallen priest dragged into darkness by the claws of a star and led by a female vampire into despair.”

Tara looked questionly at Buffy, wondering about the female vampire. Buffy nodded to assure Tara that she was right about her suspicion.

“But she can't be alive, can she?” Tara wondered. “How is that possible?”

“I don't know, but I've seen them together, Drusilla and Caleb. I wonder who more she is controlling. Other than Spike, well she's been trying to put her thrall on him. I hope she won't make it, that he doesn't choose darkness before light.” Buffy looked at the ground, suddenly feeling so vulnerable. Tara lifted the angel's chin with her hand.

“Never stop believing in miracles.” She mused, getting a smile from Buffy. “Now, tell me how to defeat Caleb.” Tara looked into the angel's eyes.

“He fears the Scythe. You have to take it away from him, that's the only way you can kill him, use it on him.” Buffy answered, her voice calm.

“What about Spike?”

Buffy opened her hand, revealing an amulet.

“You must give it to him, it's meant for a champion, a vampire with a soul. You will know when he will need it.” She put it in Tara's hand and she closed it around the gem.

He is the only one who can save us, the angel thought, wrapping her wings around Tara. He will die, the mere thought made her want to cry, but no tears came. Instead she held Tara tightly. Above them was the starry sky and her thoughts were drawn to the star, the one which had fallen for her and Spike, for what seemed like years ago. They had made a wish.

Tara's words lingered in her mind. No, she would never stop believing in miracles. She smiled, gazing towards the sky, letting hope slowly fill her heart.




Spike got up, when everyone had fallen asleep in the house and woke Rona up, telling her to put on a dress. She didn't know what to believe, but obeyed.

“Where are we going?” She asked as they left the house together.

“Trust me. I won't hurt you. I've got the chip, remember. Just play along.” He said as they got close to the factory.



There were rose petals all over the bed, red petals, so soft to the skin. He had lit some candles, waiting for his princess. The potential was tied up by the wall. He stood with his back turned against the door, but when he felt her presence, he turned around, facing her.

“Come here, kitten!” He purred, reaching out his hand. She took it and her eyes were sparkling, as she looked him deep in the eyes. He softly kissed her hand.

“My sweet William.”

She smiled and he saw what he once had fallen in love with, and he couldn't help thinking about what she could have been like, if her mind hadn't been blurred. He had loved her with all of his heart, but she had been lost, within reach for him. She had been walking on the path of betrayal, a way far too dangerous for her. A pang of jealousy hit him in the chest; he wouldn't let anyone else have her, not again. Not now, not ever. She belonged to him, like she always had been supposed to do. He smiled in a seductive way and she played along, like a sweet little kitten, like the one she had been supposed to really be, he thought.

He led her to the bed and she lay down by his side with an amused expression on her face, watching the potential, trying to break free. He could see that Drusilla enjoyed the fear in the young girl's eyes, but she wasn't able to hide her pout, that was forming. He let his finger trace the lines of her mouth and she caught him staring at her lips.

“So, why isn't she dead yet?” She asked in a smooth tone.

“I wanted to make it special for you.” He purred, looking at her in a promising way.

“Is that so?” she mused, running her nails down his arm.

“Yeah, but first I wanna show you the stars. Close your eyes.” He smiled as she did as he told her to, and his lips was getting closer to hers as he spoke, until he whispered in her ear, then softly kissed her cheek. She let out a sob.

“Can you see them now, my love? Can you see how they twinkle?” He whispered, knowing she could see them through the ceiling. She was lying on her back.

“Oh, they're so beautiful. They take my breath away, they make me dizzy. Please hold me, never leave me again.” She clinged to his body and he softly trailed kisses along her neck, up to her jaw line and then capturing her lips.

She was under his spell, his lips never leaving hers, as he put the stake through her heart, leaving a swirl of dust in the air.

He left with tears in his eyes, not looking back, bringing Rona with him back to the house.




When Spike returned from the factory, he found Buffy sleeping in the bed in the room, the one that had used to be hers. He softly touched her hair and she opened her eyes. He sat by her side and looked down on his hands. She could see that something was wrong.

“She's dead now.” He whispered.

“Who? What are you talking about?” She feared the answer, but deep inside she knew who he was talking about.

“I killed her. Drusilla, she's dead now.”

She held him in her arms until he fell asleep. She couldn't sleep any more; she just stared at the white ceiling. Her wings still wet from his tears and her mind confused.




The moment Drusilla had died, Giles had snapped out of her thrall and he realised what he had done. He had led them to death. How could he? How could he ever explain that to them? He had to leave, they couldn't know. If they knew, they would never trust him again. A watcher in the claws of a vampire? He truly felt ashamed. He went to London to seek out the remains of what had used to be the Watchers’ Council, leaving a note to Willow, saying that he had to find out more about the coming apocalypse.




Caleb was waiting for Drusilla and when she never showed up, he felt lonely. He feared the worst; he had noticed that Spike had disappeared into the shadows where Drusilla had been earlier. What if she was with him? She was no better than the rest of them, they were all the same. Sinners from the sacred garden, causing him to loose power, trying to navigate him with temptation he no longer could resist.

He went to the factory. The candles were still burning, the bed covered with the rose petals. He became furious. How could she? After all he had done for her? He went closer and tears started forming in his eyes as he saw the dust covering the petals. She was gone. He let out a bitter laugh.

“The only one I ever loved is gone; I'll never love another woman.” He wiped away a tear, staring at the bed, his mind all coloured black.

“I bet you will.” He turned around at the sound of a playful female voice.

“And who the hell are you?”
Thorn by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
Anyone still with me?
The metallic box was ornamented with small stars, the holes in the metal was letting out a soft light, which fell to the ground in the dark forest. The star was no longer allowed to shine, she was concealed in the small box. There was no compassion left, no forgiveness. There was no hope for her, there was no way out. Fear clenched her heart and it felt like the time stood still. The silence was unbearable. The only sound that escaped her throat was a silent sob.

The darkness dwelled around her and no matter how hard she tried she couldn't break free. The oracles wouldn't save her this time, she knew it. She had crossed the line and they would never trust her again. She had betrayed them, letting them believe she was harmless, as a star. She had whispered her secrets down to earth, to give her what she wanted. Destruction and revenge. Her power had been immense, now there was not much left. Her weakness surprised her, she had never before been as vulnerable as she was now.

Once she had been a beautiful angel, an angel of The Powers That Be. Her green eyes had been shimmering like emeralds and her long red hair had been flowing in the light breeze. Her wings had been white. She had fallen in love with a man and had become his bride, to his sister's dissatisfaction. Her inclination for power had darkened her senses, slowly consuming her soul and her wings had turned from bright white to grey and then they had shifted to dark grey and then slowly they had turned black.

Her ability to read people's minds had amused her. She had found out that Illyria was in love with her brother, and to cause Illyria more pain, she had killed him. When she had found her dead brother, she had set a trap for the dark angel. She had placed a beautiful mirror at a strategic place and when the angel came there, she couldn't resist to look at herself in the mirror and she was stunned by her own beauty and couldn't tear her eyes away from her reflection. Then Illyria, the ancient demon, had tried to kill her with a sword.

If it hadn't been for Selene, the oracle, Celeste would have been dead. The oracle had carried her back to heaven and then the fallen angel had become a star, trapped in the sky, unable to move. Until now, that was...

Illyria had taken her down and had put her in a box, with a helping hand. He was leaning against a tree, smiling towards Illyria and she knew she couldn't have done this alone, not without his magic. She watched as he changed back into a unicorn and then he slowly disappeared in the darkness.

Illyria sat down next to a tree, while she was guarding the box with her borrowed magic through the night. When the morning came, she brought the star to a dark cave and bound the box with a magical net, leaving the responsibility to guard the star to the unicorn. The Powers That Be had to decide what to do with her. He would keep her safe, until the oracles would come and get her and bring her back to heaven for another trial.

Cordelia and Buffy had seen Illyria fighting Celeste in their dreams and they knew that the oracles had seen it too. There was only a question of time, before they would deal with her. Buffy let out a sigh and put her arms around Spike's neck, pulling him closer to her.




Meanwhile, at the vineyard, Tara made her way to the shiny weapon. She knew where it was and this time he wouldn't stop her that easily. With only herself to worry about, everything felt so much easier. Without the potentials around, she didn't have to protect them.

It was quiet, Caleb and the bringers were nowhere to be seen and Tara was amazed by how easy it was to lift the Scythe out of the stone. A rush of power flowed through her body as she touched the cold metal and put it in her hands, bringing it back to the house.




Back at the factory Caleb clenched his fists. Who was this woman in front of him? Who did she think she was? Just like the others, he thought. This one was no exception, her blond hair and innocent expression made her look like an angel, but he knew better. She was no angel, she was beneath him, the Eve offering him the apple. And he wouldn't bite in this tantalizing juicy red apple, no matter what she was going to say or do.

He knew better, oh yes he did. He wouldn't taste the forbidden fruit, not now, not ever again. There was no love for him in this world, only faith. He had to believe that his wounds would heal, that he would be able to treasure her memory, to worship the stars she had loved so highly.

No one could be like his dark mistress. No one could ever be like her, because she was gone. And this angel of destruction or whatever she was, made him sick with her short skirt and pink tank. Couldn't she understand that he wanted to be alone? She was still standing there, and he repeated his earlier question. Her silence made him feel uncomfortable.

“Who the hell are you?” he almost yelled.

She smiled mysteriously at him, and he noticed a sparkling pendant, a pink unicorn was hanging around her neck, touching her skin. Pale skin, he thought, just like Drusilla.

“Harmony.” She said in her playful voice, like she was a little schoolgirl.

He just stared at her. Was this some kind of sick joke? Why couldn't she just go away? What was wrong with this disturbing woman? Why wouldn't she leave him alone?

She went to the bed and stared at the dust, that now was covering the rose petals.

“She's gone now.” She whispered in a sad tone, brushing away her hair from her face.

Standing next to him, she gazed at a red rose, still laying intact on the bed. She grabbed the flower and smelled it, bringing it to her nose with a sigh.

“Smell this flower!” She mused. “It smells just like her, like teardrops in the rain.” She held it out to him, but he backed away a few steps from her.


“Was she your sister or something?” Caleb asked, still confused, looking at the rose in her hand, and at her pink nails on the flower stem, carefully avoiding the thorns.

“Sort of.” She answered. “I sired her when Wolfram&Heart brought her back to the living. We needed her to come back to us.”

“So she died before, as a vampire?” Caleb wondered.

“Yes, she got weak and her power wasn't restored in time. She and Spike...”

“What has Spike to do with this?” He interrupted her, frowning.

“They used to be in love.” Harmony sighed. She was still wishing he would fall in love with her, not be in love with Drusilla or worse, be in love with Buffy.

“Disgusting. I bet they lived in sin.” Caleb muttered with jealousy in his voice.

“You have no idea.” Harmony smirked, dropping the rose to the floor, walking away from him.

“Wait, where are you going?” He realized that he sounded a bit too desperate.

She turned around with a smile on her lips. “I've got work to do.”
Let love in by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
I hope you like the update! :)
When Spike woke up he was greeted by Dawn and Tara. They were sitting in the window recess, reading in old dusty books that seemed to belong to Giles. Before he opened his eyes, he could hear them giggle and he smiled. Dawn would always be close to his heart.

“What are you two doing in my room?” He cocked an eye at them, smiling at the two girls, as they jumped at the sound of his voice. Tara leaned her head backwards to the window frame and smiled mysteriously. Dawn did the same and he could feel that something special had happened.

“Tara just wanted to show you something.” Dawn mused. “Look what she’s got! She's the best!” Tara blushed and when he sat up, he noticed the Scythe, laying on the floor.

“Is that why you're reading?” He wondered, pointing at the weapon.

“No, we're reading about the first slayer, how the Shadow Men used magic to infuse a girl with the essence of a demon and how they used her to fight demons.” Tara explained to the sleepy vampire, who now was leaning on his elbow on the bed.

“By the way, how did you get it?” He asked. “Last time we where there, Molly died.” He looked questioningly at Tara and Dawn and Tara told him how easy it had been to take it.

“So, you just walked in there and took it? That sounds too easy, there must be a catch.” He frowned. “Unless Caleb went to search for Drusilla. If that's the case he knows that she's dead now.” He swallowed hard and waited for their reaction.

“But, she died years ago.” Dawn objected. “Didn't she, Spike?”

“She was brought back by some reason. I had to kill her, it was for her own good. She broke my heart though, the moment before she turned to dust...” He looked at his hands and pulled them through his hair, blinking away his unshed tears. Dawn jumped down from the window and sat down next to him on the bed, letting him rest his head in her lap.

“She said she couldn't see the stars anymore.” He whispered with his eyes closed.

Dawn let her fingers run through his hair. She and Tara shared a moment of silence. There was no need for words, as Dawn grew even closer to his heart. He loved her in his own way. Both he and Tara knew that she always would be special to him, just like her sister was, the one who had shared his bed and held him tight through the remains of the night. He would never stop loving her. Tara felt the amulet burn in her pocket, but decided that now wasn't the right moment to give it to him. There would hopefully be more opportunities, she thought.




Caleb looked at Harmony when she left, the way she moved made him dizzy, her skirt hugging her hips, swaying from side to side. She was out of reach, but his mind was filled with sinful thoughts, against his own will. He took a step closer and she stopped.

“Wait! Where are you going?” He had to stop her, he had to make her stay with him.

“Where do you want me to go?” She mused. Oh hell, he knew, but no way he was going to tell her that, but she couldn't know, not now, not ever.

“Please come with me.” He begged, now falling to his knees, making a fool of himself.

“If that's what you really want.” She said in a seductive tone, turning around to go to him.

He hesitated. Did he really want her to follow? Was he insane? She came closer and stopped in front of him and lifted his chin with her hand, making him look into her eyes. She giggled.

“Yeah, I wanna show you something.” He managed to say, despite the way she affected him.

“And what's that?” She licked her lips, making him tremble.

“I have the Scythe.” The silence that followed felt like hours, before she spoke.

“Like a weapon will help you?” She played with her hair, suddenly uninterested.

“We'll see, won't we?” He became cocky and he rose from the floor.

“Why don't you show me that shiny weapon of yours?” Harmony suggested with a smirk.

“I will, if you keep your mouth shut.”

“That would spoil all the fun.” She mused. He blushed. What was wrong with this woman?


At the vineyard, he brought her to the stone, where the Scythe had been stuck.

“So where is that Scythe?” Harmony wondered, her patience running out.

“It's gone. She must have taken it!” He clenched his fists hard.

“Oh, what a shame! Did you bring me here just to show me an old stone? Or did you bring me here to kill you?” Harmony posed, not knowing which leg to stand on, inspecting her pink nails.

“What?”

“You heard me. You have nothing left, I might as well kill you...” She said nonchalantly.

Before he had managed to turn around, she had caught him in her arms and the sound of his neck, when she broke it, had her tingling. She left him drained on the floor, walking away with a satisfied smile on her lips.





Buffy had left early, she had heard the calling, the one that Selene had sent to her during the night. She knew her place and had quickly returned to heaven. She knew that there would be a trial, to decide the star's destiny.



Celeste was placed in the middle of a triangle. She was still sealed in her box. In the three corners sat the oracles, the angels and the higher beings. On a throne, next to the oracles, sat a white lion, he was the judge, and he was the wisest of them all.

Selene eyed the star, then she nodded to the lion. “Let the trial begin.”

“Not without me!” A woman stepped out from nowhere with a black panther by her side.

“And you are?” The lion asked, tilting his head to the side.

“Lilah Morgan, attorney at Wolfram&Hart.” He eyed her with curiosity.

“I see.” The lion nodded, then he looked at Celeste. “Right then, swear the ode. Not like it matters, we can read your mind like an open book anyway, but it's a tradition, so please swear the ode to us.” Celeste did as he told her.

“I swear to tell the truth, and nothing but the truth, you mighty lion of this heavenly realm.”

The lion seemed pleased and opened an old book, starting to read loud and clear, the history of Celeste and what had happened to her through the years. When he was done with the reading, he put the book aside and turned to Lilah.

“Is that correct?” He asked her, waiting for her answer patiently.

“My client may have crossed the line, but you have no right to keep her in that cage.” Lilah answered, with a hint of irritation in her voice. “She doesn't belong there.”

Cordelia stepped forward. “As a higher being, I cherish the one who put her there. This woman is pure evil, she has no soul, not any longer. She will destroy all of us, including you.”

“Once, Cordelia, she was like you, she had a white heart and a pure mind.” The lion said. “Don't judge her too hard. What she has done is terrible, we all know that, but forgiveness is the greatest gift, we shall heal her soul. We should have done that a long time ago. We have played our part in this too, we are guilty for causing her pain.We should have shown her the right way, before the dark side had the chance to win her over, before her wings went grey.”

Lilah interrupted him. “So, Your Lion, you mean that you are wrong, that we should release her?”

“Not yet. Everything has its time.” He looked down and the silence that surrounded them for a moment had a relaxing effect on the listeners. He bowed his head, before he began speaking again, he slowly raised his head and he looked at all of them. And as they gazed into his green catlike eyes, they were filled with some of his wisdom.

“There's no place in heaven for evil. We serve the goodness in the world. We must keep it that way. We help people make good choices and lead them to better decisions. We don't teach them to hate.” He became silent for a moment, before he continued his speech..

“There must be both good and evil on the earth, they can't exist without each other, there must be a balance. A balance that ensures that justice has its way.” He turned to Celeste and eyed her, making sure that she realized the importance of his words.

“We know that you have manipulated Drusilla and that priest Caleb and made them try to drain the slayer lineage. Too bad, both of them are dead by now. They won't cause more damage now.”

“They had their own will. They made their own decisions.” Lilah added, but the lion didn't seem to take any notice. Instead he took a deep breath and continued.

“Therefore I ask you, Celeste. Guilty or not guilty?”

“Guilty.” Celeste smirked, but no one could understand why. It seemed like Lilah had hidden the star's thoughts, because there was nothing to read in her mind.

“Then why are you smiling?” The lion wrinkled his nose.

“Because it's too late.” She mused. Lilah nodded and the black panther kind of grinned.

“Too late for what?” The lion wondered, holding his breath.

“It's too late. I'm sorry, but you can't stop my army.”

Buffy walked over to the lion and whispered something in his ear and the lion put his paw on the book, while he was listening. Everyone waited for his answer.

“Release her, but keep her in the triangle.” He said, his voice calm and clear.

Cordelia objected. “But, Your Lion, there must be another way.” He could see the panic in her eyes, rising, while Lilah put on her sweetest smile and acted like she'd already won.

“Trust me, I know what I'm doing.” He answered her. In his heart, he knew they all were worried, but he had to do this.

“Do you wish to be free?” He asked her and the star nodded. “Then you have to follow our rules.” He gave her his paw and she took it between her hands.

“I will.” She gave him an honest look and Buffy stepped forward, taking the stars hands in her own, creating a white glow, so bright that they all had to close their eyes. The lion was pleased, he had found a way, a way that would serve them all.

As soon as Buffy touched the star, she had started to change back to an angel, her mind was now pure, her heart white and her beauty stunned them all. Buffy smiled at her and they turned to the oracles, standing hand in hand.

“This was not meant to be. You were supposed to win.” Lilah said, clearly disappointed.

“This was what I wanted, what I wished for. I chose the wrong path and I don't deserve this...” The angel sobbed.

“No, you don't.” Buffy said. “So far, you don't have any powers, you must earn them. You have to make up for your mistakes and let the white light fill your senses, let love in.”

“But...” Lilah objected. The panther turned around and started to walk away from her. “This isn't right, it can't be...”

“Court dismissed!”, the lion exclaimed.
Illusions by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
Sorry for taking so long to update, I'm not abandoning this story, I will finish it, sooner or later ... / Ariadne
The oracles were pleased. The trial had gone well, the lion had been very understanding and he had made a wise decision, a decision they all believed in. Celeste had no powers, she couldn't do any harm, which made them feel relieved, and they had nothing to fear. Although there was this army of hers, which would cause them trouble, sooner or later. She had told them, that it was too late... But the lion doubted that, he claimed to know a way and no one spoke against him. He was certain that this army would come from the hell mouth, since Celeste had showed him. When he had touched the angel with his paw, he had had a vision, which had showed him the hell mouth and the ubervamps waiting for them. He was not worried though, he knew that Tara had the Scythe and that she would use it wisely.

Cordelia had returned to Angel and Buffy was happy for them, happy that they had found each other, found a love that would last for life. Deep inside, she envied them. Life was so unfair. She had sacrificed herself, given up the ones she loved, to close Glory's portal. Now, she was torn between two dimensions, heaven and earth. She knew she belonged with the oracles; still she longed to be with Spike. She did spend some time with him, but it just wasn't enough. Living in the shadows, belonging in the darkness on earth with him, hiding from the sun, hiding from those, who weren't supposed to see her. It wasn't safe for her to be seen, so she spent most of her nights in his arms, where darkness hid her. In his arms, she felt complete. Two lost souls, one searching for redemption, the other for love, to be loved, to love in return. Oh, how she wished things could have been different. She had his love, but their relation was so limited. She wanted all of him, but how could they ever be together? That everlasting love she had dreamt about as a child seemed far away. She didn't fit in his world and he couldn't live in hers, how sad wasn't that?

Heaven was the opposite of the darkness, light and so very white. The only thing in between was the place Tara had brought her to, the magical dimension. There they could be together, but both of them were needed in their own dimensions. Spike took great care of Dawn and did everything he could to help Tara. The situation in the house was still chaotic, with all the potentials living there, along with most of her friends and Wesley and Illyria.

Through her bowl of water, Buffy had watched how Giles had come back to Sunnydale. It had been a very shameful man, but Willow had taken him to her heart. She, if anyone, knew that he deserved a second chance, like she had deserved one. After all, he had brought her back to the light, and away from the black magic. Not all of them had suspected that his hurried takeoff had something to do with Drusilla's death, but Willow had seen the signs, Buffy knew that. She couldn't avoid to see them, the dark magic calling out to her, still she could resist them, not giving in. Now it was over and Willow's heart was pure white, so was her magic. Slowly, she had found her way back, becoming the wicca she once had been. The only difference was her skill; she was more powerful, since she gained her power from love.

Buffy gently touched the water, smiling as she saw Spike on the surface. Lying down in her bed, she brought the bowl with her, putting it so she could watch him, before she let sleep claim her.


Meanwhile in another dimension, Willow and Tara walked along the rainbow, the sun warming their skin, while yellow butterflies swirled around Tara. They stopped, standing hand in hand, and looked down at the glittering sea below them, feeling the wind gently caress their skin, making their dresses billow around their legs. Tara wore a light green dress and the tiara, which Buffy had given her. Willow had a white dress, ornated with small stars, made of silver. In her hand was a single Vendela rose, its ivory petals matching her dress.

The scent of jasmine filled the air and Tara sighed happily.

Willow looked at Tara with tender eyes and Tara smiled shyly, blushing, and when Willow touched her cheek, she closed her eyes and spoke from her heart.

“I don't know what to do without you. You're my everything. I know I haven't exactly been there for you and I admit I doubted our love would be strong enough. I had feelings for someone else, but maybe I only was afraid you would leave me.” Tara whispered, opening her eyes to gaze into Willow's eyes, being fascinated by the glitter in them, of unshed tears.

“I feared the same thing. To be honest, I even kissed Oz.” Willow blushed, trying to forget that kiss, like it never had happened, still it had. At The Magic Box of all places...

“Yeah, I know you were a couple a long time ago. Do you want him back?” Tara wondered, waiting for her girlfriend's answer, fearing the worst possible.

“I don't want him back. I only want you. I love you, Tara.” Willow said dreamily, putting a strand of light brown hair behind Tara's ear, smiling as she did so.

“Love you too, sweetie.” Tara mused. Their lips touched and for now, all was forgiven.


Far away in the same dimension, the unicorn galloped through the green forest, searching for Willow and Tara. He could feel their presence and their scent and finally he found them under an old oak tree, leaning into each other's touch. Willow turned her face towards the warming sun and enjoyed every minute, a happy smile dwelling on her lips.

The unicorn lay down in the soft grass in front of them, whispering his secrets into Tara's mind.

“There is a way to change the Scythe, to make all potentials into slayers. That's the way you can defeat her army.” His words lingered in her mind. “You and Willow can do the spell together, she's strong enough, so are you. Don't be afraid, I will lead you.”

“But how, I don't understand.” Tara looked at the unicorn, reaching out her hand towards the animal. “How am I supposed to change it?”

She touched his mane, its softness never stopped amazing her, and she smiled mysteriously at him, like they were sharing a secret.

“I'm just a wicca, and I've learnt all my magic from you. Why don't you do the spell yourself?” She wondered, but he shook his head, sadly.

“I can't. She would never forgive me...” He mumbled, his voice getting weaker by every word. He stared at the grass, without really seeing it and Tara hated to see him like that, all broken, all lost.

“Who is she?” Deep inside, Tara already knew the answer.

Once he had told her how he had became a unicorn that had been a long time ago, long before he had learnt to use magic. They, the oracles, had a destiny for him, so they had told him, saving his life, turning him into a unicorn, to keep him safe from his fallen angel. The Powers To Be had healed his wounds, while they had turned her into a star, far away from him. Still he loved her, in his own way, trying to forgive her, blaming himself for not seeing the signs in time, blaming himself for not seeing how her wings had changed colour from the brightest white to the darkest shade of black.

At first he didn't answer, but then he looked her in the eyes.

“She's my long lost queen.” Tara could read the misery in his eyes, but there was also hope. A glimpse of hope, after all she was an angel again, an angel with green luminous eyes and red hair, the one he had fallen in love with. He had seen her in his dreams at night, and long gone was the darkness, left was only love, a liminal bliss of affection. Still, he hadn't seen her, since the night he had guarded her in that cage, but now the trial was over and he hoped to reunite with her, to be with her for all eternity.



While they sat there, the amulet burnt in Tara's pocket, and she brought it out in the sunlight, showing it to the unicorn. It glittered and sparkled in the light. He didn't seem to be surprised at all; he immediately recognized the item, now lying on the palm of her hand.

“The rays of the sun, whoever will carry it, must be a champion.” He nodded, his words lingering in Tara's mind. “It gains power from the bearer's soul, from a soul, which has been redeemed. You got it from Buffy, right? Because, she couldn't give it to him herself. That would break her heart.” The unicorn bowed its head to the ground. “He's her champion.” He whispered, letting the meaning of the spoken words sink in.

“What do you mean?” Tara frowned, trying to understand.

“She'll sacrifice him to the sun. She will sacrifice the one she loves, just like she sacrificed herself for all of you....” The unicorn looked up at her, with pleading eyes.

“He can never know this, promise me that, Tara. You must give him the amulet. Even if your heart tells you not to. Buffy trusts you and who knows, maybe there's a way to save him?”
White light by Ariadne
Author's Notes:
Thanks to cordykitten and jamies_lady for the reviews! I'm glad you're still with me! :) / Ariadne
Tara looked at the unicorn, which was still lying in the soft green grass that surrounded the three of them. She and Willow had been sitting under the old oak for a long time now, and both felt safe and relaxed, like they had no worries, at least not in this dimension. The burden of being the slayer sometimes felt heavy, and then Tara came here to regain her inner peace.
She had lost count of how many times she had been here, first she had come here as a child, when she had realized that she was different. Through her dreams, she had met the unicorn and he had taken care of her and taught her magic, turning her into the wicca she was now.

Now she could move between the dimensions with magic, whenever she wanted and she could bring others from their dreams into this dimension, like the unicorn had brought her into his world, which she had called Where the good magic lives, since she had been a little girl. According to the unicorn, it really was called Elysium.


Her heart belonged to Willow, she was the one she loved, she knew that now and she pressed Willow's hand and Willow did the same, returning her smile. No words were needed between them, all that mattered was that they had found their way back to each other.

Tara gently brushed her hand over the unicorn's neck, over the soft fur, letting her fingers run through the white mane, noticing how it seemed to be spun with silver in the sunlight.

To Willow, he was just a unicorn so far, but to Tara he was so much more. She couldn't help to see the sorrow in the unicorn's eyes, she truly felt sorry for him and she continued their silent communication, sharing her thoughts with him, with a sad smile.

“I don't understand, how can you disappoint Celeste? She's always known you're good, hasn't she?” Tara wondered, thinking about their earlier conversation.

“I've been though a lot, and it's like we don't know each other any longer. She's different now, so vulnerable and I don't want to let her down.” He took a deep breath, searching for Tara's eyes, before he exhaled, his body was tense, and she could see that his muscles seemed to be so very tense under the white fur.

“She hasn't exactly made the right decisions, but I love her. I need her to trust me, I need her to dare to love me and I've got to keep her away from her inner darkness, the one which ruled her for so long, and the one which ruled her heart.” He said in a sad tone, avoiding Tara's gaze.

“I believe all humans are born both good and evil. If they get loved, they embrace the goodness in life; otherwise they fall into the dark, where the hate takes a hold on their hearts. Magic took a hold on her heart, the darkest magic there is, and it changed her.” Tara nodded.

“That's the way I feel about Willow, the dark magic changed her, but she has healed well, thanks to Giles, my watcher. Her magic is white and her heart is beating again.”

“I hope Celeste will heal too and regain her abilities as an angel, now her wings are cut. She's promised to be good and I'll try to do everything I can to support her. That's why I can't use my magic to help you, she will sense my power, and it will tempt her, though she's still in heaven, healing and The Powers That Be will not be pleased, if they find out.”

“But they do want to stop her army, don't they? You only have to tell us what to do. You don't have to be a part of it.” Tara pleaded, and he finally gave in to her plea.

“Fine. Meet me at midnight and bring the Scythe then.” The unicorn answered, before he was walking away from them, disappearing into the forest.


At midnight, they gathered by the pond. Tara and Willow were facing each other, sitting opposite on the green moss. The Scythe was lying between them and they were both holding out their hands over the weapon, chanting. Now they were changing what the Shadow Men once had destined, when they had created the first slayer. The unicorn lay a few meters away, watching them in silence.

Tara felt the energy flow through her body. Suddenly, a white light filled the ground, as the Scythe started to glow, so did Willow and Tara, in the dark night, they glowed like stars, their hair were white, so were their skin. The unicorn blinked against the light. Never before had he seen anything more beautiful than this.

The light faded away and the two women sank to the ground, panting, but they were smiling.



Meanwhile, at home, Faith was training the potentials in the basement. They had all felt the change, their power had increased miraculously, and they were now slayers, not potentials. Faith had noticed too and she was pleased, Tara had made it, she and Willow really had changed the Scythe. But the slayers still needed training, they were not used to possess such power, they had to learn how to handle their new abilities.

Just about then Spike made his way by, surprised by the happy mood they seemed to be in, and when he asked them to follow him patrolling, they eagerly agreed, some of them getting a little too enthusiastic. Spike rolled his eyes and glanced at Faith. “Is that what you learn them? Like the fledglings care about make-up? Like hell they do...” Faith looked clueless, trying to suppress the smile, which tugged at the corners of her mouth. Spike looked at one of the girls.

“You don't need lip gloss to slay, Rona.” Spike sighed, while the other girls giggled. “Well ladies, we better get going, we haven't got all night.” He said, almost pushing them out of the house, and before he closed the door after them, he looked at Faith and Wesley, who was standing by the door, Spike was shaking his head with an amused smile.

“What's wrong with them? They're so girly. I don't know how Giles has survived all those years as a watcher, poor man.”

“Well, neither do we.” Wesley said, clearing his voice, smiling weakly, as Spike closed the door, taking off to the cemetery with the girls.


When they had left the house, Faith eyed Wesley with a smirk, which made him feel nervous. Faith's question surprised him, he had thought she would hit on him, this had been the last thing on his mind.

“Do you think they are ready in two days?” Faith wondered with curiosity.

“Ready for what?” Wesley cocked a brow at her, obviously confused. She smiled wickedly.

“For the hell mouth.”
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=27349