Going Wild by SarahTheBloody
Summary: Buffy and her best friend gets invited to a party weekend. Will it be fun or just a pain in the you know what.
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 5541 Read: 3764 Published: 08/18/2007 Updated: 09/03/2007

1. Chapter 1 by SarahTheBloody

2. Chapter 2 by SarahTheBloody

3. Chapter 3 by SarahTheBloody

Chapter 1 by SarahTheBloody
Author's Notes:
An all human fantasy/AU fic. Hope you will enjoy it. It's my first Spuffy ever! :)
The moment she saw him, Buffy knew he was the one. Mr. Perfect. He had everything she was looking for in a man... On the surface anyway. Nice hair, a big bright smile and gentle brown eyes. And he had such a sweet name... Angel.

She had seen him on several occasions, sometimes during the day when she was shopping and on the weekend nights when she was out ‘partying’ on The Bronze. She didn’t go out that often but when she saw him there she had to be there... Just in case he showed up. She didn’t drink alcohol though, she felt satisfied with just a coke or some other soft drink. And she always dragged her best friend with her.

Buffy sighed and turned to face her friend again. She didn’t see Angel anywhere. Yet. They were at the mall having lunch and it was quite crowded at the moment. Her company seemed most interested in his apple pie.

“Riley, I don’t know if he’s gonna show up. I mean, it’s after twelve and I haven’t seen him.”

“Buffy, relax. We saw him at The Bronze last night.”

“So?”

“So, I think you should give him time to wake up and work through the worst of his hangover. I’m sure he’ll be here in the afternoon.”

“Do you really think so?”

Riley sighed and leaned back in his chair, chewing on the last piece of pie.

“Seriously? No. I think he’ll be in bed all day, feeling sorry for himself.”

“Riley!”

“What? It’s not like it’s a secret he likes to drink himself into oblivion on the weekends.”

Buffy pouted but she had heard the rumors too. She stabbed her chocolate cake with the fork and mumbled something that Riley could’t hear. She loved Riley but he could be so brutally honest sometimes and he didn’t let her get away with a lot of things.

A few years back Buffy and Riley had actually been an item. It had been serious but they drove each other nuts. After some time when it seemed like all they did was fight and argue with each other, they had put an end to it. They sat down and talked through everything and came to a mutual agreement that they should just be friends. They cared deeply for each other, even loved, but not in that special way they needed to in order to be lovers.

“Buffy, I’m sorry. I know you really like this guy but... I can’t help it. It’s just something off about him. I don’t want you to date him. He’s going to break your heart.”

“Well, luckily it’s not for you to decide. I’m going to date him even if I have to sit here for every weekend that’s left of this year.”

“Buffy, I’m just...”

“Sh! There he is!”

Buffy sat up straight in her chair and saw him come closer. As always he had his tail, Spike, with him. God, she hated that guy! He was always in the way, following Angel around like a little puppy. She sat up straight and smiled as brightly as she could as Angel passed her by without as much as a look. Her shoulders slumped and she let out a disappointed grunt.

“Buffy. He clearly doesn’t see you, which means he’s probably blind or just plain stupid. You deserve better than that. Though...” Riley leaned over the table and whispered. “I think you caught someone else’s attention.” He smiled and sat back.

Buffy turned her head just in time to see Spike turn away. She frowned and glared at a smiling Riley.

“Riley, you are full of shit!”

“I’m serious! The guy almost broke his neck to look at you!”

“Shut up!” She picked up the last of her desert and threw it on her laughing friend. Riley tried to shield his body from it but it made a perfect brown stain on his white T-shirt. Buffy giggled.

*~*~*~*~*

*One month later*

Buffy and Riley was going out to dinner. There was this new guy at Riley’s job that he wanted to introduce to her. His name was Xander and he was Buffy’s age. She suspected Riley tried to set her up on a date but if that were the case, Riley would be deeply disappointed.

Buffy put the finishing touch to her look and glanced in the mirror. She knew she wasn’t a beauty but she was OK. Tonight they were going to one of the more highclassed restaurants in Sunnydale so she wanted to look her best but she felt a little off. She was dressed in black because she wasn’t sure how to dress for the occasion. Black always worked.

“Buuuuffy! We’re going to be late! Come on now princess.” Riley called from the hallway. Buffy sighed and stepped out from the bathroom. She stopped when Riley whistled appreciatively. “Buffy, you look amazing!”

“I do?”

“Oh yeah. If we were still a couple I’d jump your bones!”

“No you wouldn’t. I’m not your type, remember?”

“Please. The fact that I’m gay doesn’t make me blind. I can see when a woman is beautiful. And you, my friend, is one hell of a woman!”

Buffy blushed. She wasn’t used to that kind of compliments. And she hadn’t said anything about Riley’s outfit. It was really nice. He was also dressed in black. They were a perfect match!

“We should get going.”

“Yes. As I’ve been saying for the last thirty minutes.”

Buffy hit him on the arm and walked passed him. He laughed but grabbed the spot where she’d hit him.
***

Xander turned out to be a great guy but she didn’t feel that spark. They hadn’t even had their food yet but she already liked him.

“So what do you do for a living, Buffy?”

“Nothing. I mean, I don’t have a job but I still get by on the money my mother left me.”

“She left money? Why, where did she go?” Xander glanced at Riley and immediately sat up straight in his chair.

Buffy looked at her friend and saw he was making the ‘cut-the-throat’ movement. “No, it’s OK, Riley. I can talk about it.” She turned back to Xander. “My mother passed away last year. She had a brain tumor but when it was discovered... well, the doctors couldn’t do anything. It was too late.”

“God, I’m so sorry!” Xander looked like he was about to panic but she smiled assuringly to prove that she was OK. Suddenly Xander stood up and waved to someone. “Saved by the bell. Or... saved by the friends showing up at the right time to save... ah the hell.”

Buffy smiled. Xander was a bit of a goof but he was funny.

“Hey, Xan. Mind if we join you?”

“No, not at all!”

The chair next to Buffy was pulled out and she looked up to see... Angel!

“Hi. I’m Angel.” Smiling, he reached out a hand towards her and she took it. She opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out. Before she could regroup and think of something to say, he let go of her hand and held his hand out to Riley.

“Angel.”

“Riley. That was Buffy.” Her friend answered with a smile and Buffy just knew he was laughing at her on the inside. Stupid guy.

Angel sat down next to her and she could feel her face burning with humiliation.

“So, Angel, where do you have... ah there he is!” Xander said and smiled at someone behind them.

“Hey, Xander.”

“Hey Spike. How are you?”

“I’ll manage. You?”

“I’m OK. This is Riley and Buffy.” Xander gestured towards them. Riley reached out a hand but Spike ignored it and waved at them instead.

From there, the dinner went on with Buffy sitting back quietly, watching the men talk about something she had no clue about. She felt a little left out. At least Riley could talk to her. She ate her food and got lost in her thoughts.

Suddenly Riley nudged her in the side and she looked up at him. Then she noticed the silence around the table and glanced at the other guys. Why were they all staring at her?

“What?”

“I think we bored the lady already.” Angel chuckled. “I’m sorry...Buffy, was it?”

Buffy could only nod. Angel was actually talking to her. And he was being nice. In you face Riley Finn!

“So Buffy, are you joining us next weekend?”

“Next weekend? What’s next weekend?”

Angel looked at Xander.

“Haven’t you invited them yet?”

“Uh, no. I haven’t had the chance to.” Xander cleared his throat and looked at Riley. “Say, Riley, what are you doing next weekend?”

“I have nothing planned. Why?”

“How would you like to join us for a weekend of partying out on the sea? It’s not on the sea actually, it’s a small island my family owns. We’re going camping.”

“Camping?”

“Yeah. You know, with little tents and a bonfire and everything. It will be fun!”

“Just you guys?” Riley looked at them.

“No. I think Spike and Angel are bringing someone.”

“Really?” Riley looked at Angel. “Who are you bringing?”

“Darla. And my boy here is bringing his wacko Drusilla.”

Buffy felt like she wanted to leave the table right then and there. She knew of Darla and Drusilla. She absolutely hated those girls. They were mean to everyone who got in their way and they didn’t tolerate if someone stood their ground against them. How could her sweet Angel hang out with them?

“We still don’t know who Xander is bringing though.”

Xander squirmed in his chair and blushed and his eyes flickered to Riley and then back to the others. Oh. Oh! Buffy had to smile because Riley didn’t seem to notice it.

“I, uh, I... haven’t asked Faith yet.”

“You must be joking.” Spike said. It was the first time Buffy heard him speak at all tonight. “You’re bringing Faith? She’s a total bitch!”

“Oh, I’m sorry. And who are you bringing again?” Xander shot back. “Faith may be a bitch sometimes but she’s nothing compared to your scarecrow.”

Buffy couldn’t help it. She laughed. Everyone around the table looked at her and Xander started laughing too. Buffy really tried to stop when Spike stared at her but she couldn’t help it! The more she tried stop laughing the more she laughed. She pushed out from the table a bit and used her napkin to dry her eyes. She tried to talk but she just started laughing again.

“What’s wrong with her?” Angel asked over her head to a smiling Riley. That made her laugh even harder. Other guests looked at them and whispered something to each other.

“Wrong? Nothing’s wrong. She’s laughing.”

Xander calmed down and rubbed his eyes.

“So, are you joining us next weekend or what, Riley?”

“Sure. If not funny, it will definitely be interesting. Count us in.”

“Buffy?”

Buffy nodded just as she swallowed some water to cool down. She agreed with Riley. It could become an interesting trip. And she would have a chance to talk a little more with Angel. And she felt an urge to help Xander with Riley...

TBC
Chapter 2 by SarahTheBloody
Oh no. Buffy could feel shivers down her spine as she and Riley arrived to the docks. She could only see guys. She didn’t like Darla or Drusilla but then at least she wouldn’t have been the only girl! Oh this was bad. Really, really bad..

She complained to her friend but he calmed her, telling her that he’d talked to Xander that morning and he was definitely bringing Faith. But she couldn’t relax, not until she saw another girl with her own eyes.

They carried their bags towards the small beach. Buffy could see only Spike, Angel and Xander.

“Hey Buffy! Riley!” Xander called and waved at them. Buffy smiled and waved back despite the chaos she felt inside.

“So, you’re the Buffy I’ve been hearing about?” A female voice said behind them. They turned and saw a young woman with big, dark eyes and dark hair that barely reached her shoulders. She was pretty and Buffy felt so relieved to see her. Buffy smiled and nodded.

“I’m Faith. Glad to see there’s another girl on this trip.”

“Me too. I thought Darla and Drusilla were coming too but I don’t see them anywhere.”

“That’s right. They had a change of heart when they heard I was coming along. Guess I’m good for something.” She smiled and walked up to Xander and handed him a flashlight. Buffy was surprised to see her get a kiss in return. She thought Xander was interested in Riley but maybe she had been mistaken.

“Hello there!” Angel met them with a shining smile. Buffy could feel her insides melt.

“Hi.” She said. She couldn’t think of anything else to say. It was like meeting Angel meant she had an instant lobotomy.

“Riley.”

“Angel.” The big guys greeted each other with a manly handshake.

“You look tall and strong. Could you help us with the tents and some of the gear?”

And then Angel took Riley with him and immediately put him to work. Buffy was alone again. But right now it was okay since she got to see Angel bend over, showing his round buttocks.

“He is so fine.” Faith came up next to her and smiled.

“Who?”

“Angel.”

“Oh. Y-You like him?”

“Oh yeah! I wouldn’t mind him sleeping in my tent, if you know what I mean?” Faith laughed, lit up a cigarette and then walked away to join the boys.

“She’s not his type.” A low murmur came from behind, making her jump. Buffy turned to see Angel’s tail. She hadn’t noticed him disappearing from the others.

“She’s not?” Buffy felt a bit relived over that. Faith was everything Buffy was not.

“Nope.”

“Didn’t you just help Angel with the boat?”

“Yeah. But your little boytoy came and rescued me.”

“Riley is not my boytoy!”

“Right.”

They stood beside each other and watched the others work. Buffy was fuming so she thought she better get down to the rest of the gang before she did something stupid like smacking Spike in the face. When she looked at him and he smirked at her she left his side.

“Hey. Can I do anything to help?” She offered when she came up to the boat. Faith looked up at her.

“Nah, we’ve got it covered, princess. We wouldn’t want you to break a nail, now would we?”

“Princess?” Buffy wasn’t fuming. She was about t burst into flames any second now. “Princess?!”

Riley suddenly came out of nowhere and got between them.

“Hey. We haven’t even gotten out of the docks yet. Take it easy.”

“Sure.” Faith smiled and turned her back at them.

After another twenty minutes they were ready to go. The medium- sized motorboat was really crowded with both people and gear. And of course Buffy got to sit beside Spike and Xander while Faith got to sit between Angel and Riley. Buffy already hated this weekend. It couldn’t possibly get any worse.

“I told you she was a bitch.” Spike said and gave her a lopsided grin and Buffy couldn’t help to smile a little.

*****

They got to the island a bit over two hours later. Buffy’s neck and shoulders ached and her hair was a total mess. Before Faith could say anything about it, she grabbed a trunk and lifted it from the boat. It was heavy and didn’t exactly help her aching muscles.

“Here, let me help you with...”

“I can handle it!” She almost shouted.

“Sorry.” Angel put his hands in the air and took a step back.

“Angel, I’m sorry. I...” and there she had another of those instant lobotomies. But this time she closed her mouth and marched passed him, carrying the trunk to where Xander was pointing.
*****

After they had unloaded the boat, Buffy had a good look on the island. It was kind of small but big enough for everything that was on the agenda for this weekend. And it was definitely big enough to have the tents at least twenty feet apart. With a little luck she could avoid Faith for some time. There were even bushes she could hide behind if necessary.

Suddenly a platinum blond head came into her sight.

“A penny for your thoughts.” Spike said, stopping when he was standing beside her and looking at the same things she was.

“I was thinking about the tents. If we place them right, I might just avoid Faith enough to get through this weekend.”

“Sounds like a good plan. You think I can pull that off too?”

For the first time since the journey started Buffy actually smiled a genuine smile. Who knew Spike was the one to drag it out of her?

“Oh well, time for me to go. The poof is waving at me. I guess that means he has a job for me.” He turned to walk away.

“Hey, Spike.” He turned back half way and looked at her. “Thank you.” Buffy meant it.

“No problem.” Spike shrugged and joined Angel in unpacking some of the food they brought.
*****

“Dammit!” Xander shouted as he accidentally pushed one of the big bags into the water. “Fucking shit!”

“What?” Angel opened another can of beer and settled back in the grass.

“That was one of the tents!”

“Ah, Xander. Didn’t your dad teach you anything?” Faith let out a puff of smoke as she helped him fish it out of the water.

“Not a damned thing. What the hell should we do?”

“Well, there are two tents left. We are six people. We can fit. I can share tent with Angel and Spike and you can sleep with Riley and Bunny.”

“Not bloody likely!” Spike protested. “I am not sharing a tent with you.”

“Come on Spike. Where’s the love?” She puffed out smoke again.

“Well, not in our tent, that’s for sure.”

“Fine, so I’ll share with the others and Xander can sleep with you.”

“No way!”

“What? I thought you liked Xander.”

“He snores like a bear!”

“Well, what else can we do? Huh?”

“Wait, wait.” Xander interrupted the discussion. “ I know. I can go back and borrow a tent from Andrew.”

“That’s good of you Xander But that’s like four hours ´till then. It’ll be dark before you get back.” Angel said.

“Not necessarily. The boat isn’t as heavy this time around. Only... I need someone to go with me. ”

“Why?”

“Because if I meet Andrews parents they are going to ask me stuff and it will take me another two or three hours to get out of there. I need someone to drag me away so I don’t look like an ungrateful ass. So, who’s coming with me?”

Spike snorted and held up his bottle of beer. Riley held up his bottle of beer. Angel burped his beer, no need to ask him. Xander looked at Buffy and Faith.

“I guess it has to be one of you ladies then. Tell me at least one of you haven’t had any alcohol to drink.”

Buffy smiled sadly at him and held up her bottle of red wine.

“Aw dammit!” Faith put down the beer she was about to open. She had just taken off her top, showing off her bikini. She pulled her top back on. “Fine, Xan. Let’s go.”

The two left the rest of them in a comfortable silence.

“Spike?”

“What now, Angel?”

“How much beer have you had?”

Spike looked at his bottle.

“One sip.”

“So you could have gone with Xander if you wanted to?”

“Yup.”

They all snickered.

“Riley? How much beer have you had?”

“Two gulps.” They all snickered again.

“I’ve had one whole beer myself. I guess that means Buffy’s had most to drink yet.”

“Look again.” When she had their attention she held the bottle upside down. “I haven’t even opened it yet.”

That caused them all to laugh so hard they all had to wipe tears away. When they calmed down they toasted to their own brilliance.

Little did they know it was about to become the weekend to change their lives forever...

TBC
Chapter 3 by SarahTheBloody
Author's Notes:
Again, the chapter is not beta'd.

I put the warning up for Violence but hopefully it's not realy thaaaat bad! I hope you'll enjoy this chapter too! :)
“Xander, you can not be serious!”

“Sorry, Riley. The boat won’t start and I don’t know what’s wrong with it. I’ll have to get someone to look at it.”

“Yeah? So?”

“It’s Friday night. Not too many workshops are open right now. The closest I could find opens Monday.”

“Monday?! I have to work, I can’t be away without telling anyone!”

“If it takes that long I promise to tell the boss what happened. I’ll try to come and get you as soon as possible, okay?”

The four of them sat around the phone listening to Xander on Riley’s cellphone, unable to understand that this was actually happening. They’d felt relieved at first when Xander called. It had been nearly five hours ago since Xander and Faith left the island and it was pitch black out on the water. The only light they had right now was the fire and the small display of Riley's cell.

“What about Faith? Doesn’t she know anyone?”

“Uh, no. She, uh, she left when I couldn’t get the boat running. Said something about a ladies’ special at The Bronze.”

“Isn’t there any way to fix this sooner?”

“Not that I know of. But I promise I’ll get you home as soon as possible.”

“So we are stuck here until Monday?”

“Seems like. But look on the bright side.”

“What’s that?”

“At least you’ve got enough food and water with you.”

“Right. Yay for us.” Riley rubbed his tired eyes and sighed.

“Look, you should save some of that battery on your phone in case of an emergency.”

“I agree.”

“And hey, there’s a deck of cards in my backpack if you get bored.”

“Wow. A whole deck of cards, just for us.”

“Have fun guys. Bye everyone!” Xander said and hung up when everyone had said goodbye to him.

Buffy sighed and took another sip of her wine. It was the last glass she had and she felt a little tipsy. She almost giggled when she heard Angel curse in some strange accent she hadn’t heard him use before. Spike lit a cigarette and Buffy waved smoke out of her eyes and coughed.

“Didn’t you just say you quit smoking?”

“I smoke when I’m stressed.”

“Uh huh. So why are you stressed now?”

Spike glared at her like she was stupid. She didn’t like it. In fact it annoyed her.

“Didn’t you hear a word that was just said?”

“Yes I did. What’s the big deal? We’re only going to stay here one extra day than planned.”

“Excuse me? One day?”

“Yeah. You heard Xander.” Buffy was getting more worked up at Spike’s change in personality. This was the guy she knew of and loathed.

“That’s right, I did. I also listened to what he was saying between the lines.”

“What do you mean? “

“The workshop opens Monday. That means it will probably take another couple of days to get the boat fixed, doesn’t it?”

The rest of them frowned. Spike was right. Riley scratched his neck.

“I didn’t think of that. Damn.”

“Yeah. So excuse me for smoking when my life can get royally screwed up!”

Buffy giggled.

“Your life? What life? Dating Drusilla?”

Spike stood, throwing his cigarette into the fire.

“You better be careful of what you’re saying.” He narrowed his eyes at her.

Buffy also got to her feet and squared her shoulders and looked into the blue eyes.

“Or what?” She challenged. Her head was spinning but the wine also made her feel like she was six feet tall. Spike opened his mouth to say something when Riley and Angel interfered.

“Calm down Spike. Remember we’re all gonna be stuck here on this island now for several days.” Angel tried to calm his friend.

“I know that. But I didn’t think the little princess would be so snotty!”

“Princess?!” Buffy came around the brunette and pushed Spike hard in the chest. He tumbled and fell backwards, landing on the wet sand on the tiny beach.

“Hey!” Angel grabbed her arm and kept her from going after Spike. “That’s enough, both of you!” Buffy stopped moving. Angel had his big hand on her arm. Unfortunately he let go too soon. He offered a hand to Spike and helped him get back on his feet.

“Now... Can we act like civilized...”

“She started it!” Spike yelled and pointed at Buffy. She felt insulted.

“I did not!” She yelled back and rushed at him again. Just as she was about to push him in the chest again, Spike quickly stepped aside and held a leg out. Buffy tripped over it and landed face down in the sand. Spike laughed but he was twirled around and was faced with a pissed off Riley.

“Knock it off, Blondie.”

“Blondie?!” Spike’s eyebrows narrowed and he clenched his jaw along with his fists. Before he had the chance to hit the man, someone pushed Riley away.

“Don’t call him that.”

“Oh, are you gonna start something now?”

“Not unless I have to.” Angel warned.

“I wasn’t just gonna stand back when you friend here was...”

“Not to sound like a kid, but your friend did start it!”

“It doesn’t matter who started it!”

Riley and Angel started arguing louder and then Riley made the mistake of poking a finger in Angel’s chest. Angel hit the hand away and pushed Riley backwards. Suddenly they were rolling around in the wet sand, grunting as fists connected with flesh.

They both missed when Spike went over to Buffy and helped her up. Buffy was going to argue some more but Spike hushed her, pointing towards their wrestling friends.

In silent agreement, Buffy and Spike buried the hatchet for a moment and sat down side by side to watch the show.

Angel and Riley were out in thigh- deep water now. Suddenly Angel’s head was pushed under the surface and Riley huffed out some air. He faced away from them, stretched his arms in the air and howled his victory. Then Angel shouted something and threw himself on Riley’s back, making them both go under water. When they came back up they were greeted with applause. They blushed a little and slowly made their way up on land.

“Now, be good boys and shake hands.” Spike mocked them. Angel gave him the finger and stripped off his shirt. Buffy felt her face heat up. She had seen men naked before, Riley for example, but not someone she barely knew and had the hots for. She smiled a little and felt her face blush. Angel was beautiful and the fire cast entrancing flickers of light on his muscles. But Buffy’s face fell when he turned his back at them. He had long scars across his back. Buffy wanted to ask but was afraid to. She glanced at Spike and he watched her with interest.

“Buffy, are you ready to go to bed?” Riley said and drew her attention to him.

“Riley, you are big, wet and cold. No way am I sharing the tent with you tonight!” She said, slightly amused.

Riley and Angel looked at each other. Suddenly they smiled and Angel went into his and Spike’s tent. Riley shrugged and smiled at Buffy.

“Okay, have it your way.” He said, went into their tent and got a dry pair of underwear and his pillow. Then he followed Angel into their tent. Before Buffy realized what was happening, Spike’s pillow came flying along with Riley’s wet jeans and socks.

Buffy felt dread creep up her spine.

“Riley!” she yelled.

“Suit yourself! You said there was no way you’re sharing tent with me tonight. Did you think I was going to sleep outside?”

“I was joking!” Buffy panicked. She was so not gonna share the tent with Spike!

“Too laaate.” Riley almost sang.

“Riley no, you can’t do this!”

“I just did. Good night.” She heard Riley and Angel laugh inside the tent. Buffy looked at Spike but he was just staring into the fire, smoking a cigarette.

“Spike, what are we gonna do?” She asked, upset that Riley would do this to her.

“What can we do? Seems like they made up their minds.”

“But...”

“I’m not a molester, rapist or a murderer. And no one has ever complained about me snoring. I think you can sleep well assured with me.”

“No, I didn’t mean it like that. I just don’t know you that well...”

“Right.” Spike said and flicked his cigarette butt into the fire. He got to his feet and picked up his pillow. Buffy felt bad, she really didn’t mean it to sound like that.

“Uh, Spike? Is it okay if I go in first and change?”

“Sure. Just hurry up. It’s getting a bit nippy.”
*****

Buffy called him in when she was brushing her hair. He came in and sat down and started pulling his clothes off. Again, Buffy blushed at a naked man’s chest. Spike’s was a bit different than Angel’s. He was thinner but his muscles were more defined. And the skin seemed to be smooth like velvet or something. She averted her eyes before Spike would notice. She put her brush away and pulled her sleepingbag closer to her chest. She wore a T-shirt but it was pretty snug. And now when it was getting a bit chilly... Well, she didn’t want Spike to notice her stiff nipples.

“So. Is Spike your real name?”

“Yeah right.”

“What’s your real name then?”

“What’s it to you?”

“Just trying to get to know you better. I thought that knowing your real name was a good start.”

“It’s William. What’s yours?”

“Buffy.”

“I know that. What’s your real name?”

“Sorry to disappoint you but that’s it.”

“It is? Wow. Who came up with that?”

“My mom I think.”

“You should ask her what the hell she was thinking.”

“Can’t. She passed away last year.”

“Oh. I’m sorry. Dare I ask?”

“Brain tumour.”

“Fuck. That had to be painful to watch.”

“Yeah. She was a great person and people loved her wherever she went. Her co-workers at the museum sent so many flowers when she died.”

“Museum? I knew someone there but... wait. Your mom, she didn’t happen to be Joyce Summers, would she?” Spike slid inside Riley’s sleepingbag and laid on his back, putting his arms under his head.

“Yes, that’s my mom.” Buffy smiled, happy that someone knew her. She also slid inside her sleepingbag and was glad to feel warmth surround her.

“She was a great lady. She always had a smile on her lips when she greeted customers and visitors. She was the best thing about that museum.”

“Thank you. That means a lot.”

“You’re welcome. I’m sorry I dragged it up. It wasn’t that long since she passed away. I understand if it makes you sad.”

“It’s okay. Really. I like to talk about her.”

“Okay. I understand what you’re going through though.”

“You do?”

“Yeah. My mom died several years ago. But it still aches when I think about her.”

Buffy was impressed by the openness Spike showed her. And it was strangely comforting.

“Anyway, I think it’s time to sleep. Tomorrow we can think of some kind of revenge plan to get back at our friends. What do you say?” Spike smiled and Buffy found she coudn’t look away. The smile was sincere and Spike was... well, she couldn’t think of any other word to describe him but beautiful.

Spike turned off the flashlights and moved around a little before he sighed contentedly.

“Good night, miss Summers.”

“Good night, William.” She replied and smiled wider when Spike groaned at the use of his name.

She closed her eyes and thought about her mom. Soon, she fell asleep.


TBC
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=27523