Who Has The Last Laugh by TillDustDoUsPart
Summary: This story concludes the story arc of my first two FanFics as a trilogy. We pick up after the events of “The Thin Line Between Love & Hell” which has Spike stuck in Hell. Buffy having lost her chance to rescue him is trying to find another way to bring him back among the living. They both hold on to the smallest glimmer of hope that they will be together again. Now each of them has been presented with a different opportunity that neither of them likes. But it does offer them the chance to be together once more. Will they end up together or is their relationship truly over?
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 18387 Read: 11000 Published: 10/10/2007 Updated: 10/10/2007

1. Choices by TillDustDoUsPart

2. The Things We Do by TillDustDoUsPart

3. Coming Back by TillDustDoUsPart

Choices by TillDustDoUsPart
Author's Notes:
It is highly recommended you read my first two Fanfics as this is the third part of a trilogy. Starting with "William The Bloody Is Back" followed by "The Thin Line Between Love & Hell".
Who Has The Last Laugh



Dioxin is talking to Spike while they are in his temple. Spike has gone through his personal torment for longer than he can take and is relieved that it is over even just for the moment. He has agreed to hear what Dioxin wants from him if it gives him the slightist chance of seeing Buffy again.

Dioxin: I am glad to see you finally have agreed to end this torment of yours. I was wondering what was taking you so long because I know you couldn’t have put up with it much longer. No person can and especially you.

Spike: What is it you bloody want from me?

Dioxin: I was very impressed at how many demons you were able to kill that day. Also as I looked in your soul I saw many more. What I want is for you to be my personal reaper. I want you to be my grim reaper and bring back those who I need here. It won’t be very hard for a killer like yourself. You are a demon that can kill any other demon. That is why I need your help.

Spike: Grim reaper? Have you gone completely mad? I’m not going to be your errand boy and going off to fetch all these demons for you. Go piss off.

Dioxin: I’m disappointed Spike but you’ll come around and do as I say. You know exactly what is going to happen now don’t you. We’ll see how long you last this time.

Cut to:
Buffy is back in the meeting room in the Slayer school with Giles, Willow, Dawn, and Kennedy who are all discussing ways to bring back Spike. They are trying to research other ways to bring back Spike or re-open the portal back to the Hell dimension. Buffy with a heavy heart is trying her best to find a way no matter what she has to do.

Giles: Buffy, I must say this doesn’t look too promising at the moment because something like this hasn’t really been done before. Generally speaking people don’t go about trying to bring back demons from the dead for any good reasons. Most of these rituals are for bringing back evil demons.

Willow: I don’t think we need another case of “William the Bloody” here Buffy. That’s the kind of stuff I’m finding also.

Buffy: I guess then we need to focus our attention back on re-opening the portal. Is there anything besides my blood that can do it?

Willow: Not that I know of at the moment. I mean I have heard of other stuff that can let you go to other dimensions and there are spells that can do that also. But those are some dangerous black magic stuff and I don’t want to get back into that.

Buffy: I understand and wouldn’t ask you too. Just I need to know again why the spell needs all my blood this time.

Dawn: Buffy you did that before and we aren’t letting you do that again. You are not going to try and leave us again are you?

Buffy: No, no I’m not going to do that to get Spike back. Besides that was totally different with the whole world ending and the dimensions all starting to melt together.

Willow: Buffy the spell this time requires the blood of the entire person who is entering it. Somehow the barrier between dimensions is up way stronger than before and it needs all that energy to open it.
Buffy: So that means basically I would have to give up all my blood just before I enter and that doesn’t sound fun at all. I would be going in there a corpse and that’s not my idea of rescuing Spike.

Willow: Well technically you don’t have to do it right before you enter but you do need the amount of blood that would fill your body though. I’m talking about the whole eight pints that is in your body.

Buffy: Oh.

Giles: Losing three pints is just about the limit for anyone so we can’t go even close to that and expect you to survive.

Kennedy: Any chance we could fool the spell by adding someone else’s blood?

Willow: I already thought of that and maybe using some kind of loophole by using all Slayers blood. But it needs to be from the person who enters first to open it up. After that I guess anyone can go through.

Buffy: Ok I think I got it for now maybe we should just take a break and give it another go tomorrow. I got to round up the newbies so they don’t start to slack off.

Buffy leaves but still has her mind on Spike and decides she has to get Spike back in her life. Without him she feels this emptiness that can’t be filled by anything other than him. She knows the only way to get Spike back at this moment is her blood but knows that the eight pints will kill her all at once. Buffy goes home after her long day.

Cut to:
Spike is back dealing with his personal torment for what seems like weeks to him even though only a couple of days have past. He has refused to be his reaper as he doesn’t want to kill demons for Dioxin and be under anyone’s control. Although he knows that he can’t take this punishment for much longer as he starts to lose himself. He can hear Dioxin’s voice.

Dioxin: How long are you going to fight this? You know very well that you aren’t in any position to bargain. Must you keep going on with this needlessly? Your foolish pride will be your ending.

Spike: Sod…off…

Dioxin: (smiles) I have all eternity to wait but do you and what about her. I thought you wanted to see her again. Maybe I was wrong.

Spike: Buffy…

Cut to:
Buffy is getting ready for bed and slips in under the covers. She reaches behind her for Mr. Gordo again. She talks to him again and explains to him what is going on.

Buffy: (places Mr. Gordo on the bed in front of her) Mr. Gordo I just don’t know what to do about Spike. I have to get him back not only for me but he is suffering there in Hell and I can feel it. Willow tells me that she needs all eight pints of my blood this time to open the portal and everyone knows that I can’t lose all that at once. But you know now that I think about Mr. Gordo all I have to do really is show up with eight pints of my blood for the spell. I don’t have to give it up all at once. Just some everyday until I have about eight pints worth. That should work right (he doesn’t respond) it has too. I have to do this Mr. Gordo it could take forever to find another way.

She grabs him and holds him tight as she goes to sleep deciding that she will give up the blood needed to open the portal to rescue Spike.

Cut to:
Spike is slowly starting to crack as he can no longer deal with his torment as it is causing him immense amounts of pain. He continues to hear Dioxin's voice.

Dioxin: Isn’t that what you wanted all along? Just to be with her again? I know how much she means to you so should jump at this chance I am offering you to see her again.

Spike: How do I know any of this is real? I don’t want to see her unless it’s really her. None of your sodding knock-offs.

Dioxin: I did mean her and the real Slayer. No more of that image you created for yourself. I will let you see her again but only if you agree to be my reaper. My followers have dwindled in numbers as there is only two left. I believe you met them. I need you to be my reaper and bring demons here as it takes far too long for them to come here now. I like a steady flow of demons coming here but there are still some special cases I want here now.

Spike: If I say yes how exactly will I see her again. Will it be in here or can I go back there to see her? I don’t want her to see me like this. All going completely crazy and insane while I am here.

Dioxin: All you need to know right now is that I promise you will see her again. You will get nothing else until you agree and say yes.

Cut to:
Buffy has gone to the Slayer school and goes through with her daily routine of teaching the Slayers as she tells the others to keep researching. They are trying to find another way while Buffy has already figured out her plan and decides not to tell them so they can continue working on another plan. She grabs some bags they use to carry blood and brings them home. She starts her plan in secret in her room as she cuts herself and lets the bag slowly fill up until there is at least a pint in it. She stops once she starts to feel dizzy.

Cut to:
Spike finally agrees as he makes a deal with Dioxin knowing this maybe his only chance to escape or at the very least see Buffy again. Spike again wants to make sure he can really see Buffy again as he misses her so much.

Spike: Nice of you to finally end this you ponce. Not quite sure I like that reaper title connected to my name but I will do as you ask. I want…no I need to have one last chance to see her.

Dioxin: I have a list Spike that I need to have filled and don’t worry it is not too long. The sooner we get started the sooner you can be with her again. Know this I am giving you the chance to see her but after that you will return to your sorrow as you can never leave this place.

Spike: Fine I bloody get you already. I know where I’m heading when I’m finished so let’s get started on this mission of demon hunting.

Cut to:
Buffy starts to feel the toll on her body physically but tries to hide it. She shows up at the Slayer school and feels weak. She is in the gym helping the Slayers move some weapons when she finds that she can’t pick up a heavy axe. Now realizing how weak she is Buffy asks one of the other Slayers to move it for her. Buffy tries to make sure she can cover up her weakness for awhile and hopes that this is only a temporary problem.

Cut to:
Dioxin and Spike are talking together in his temple. He wants Spike to start his mission of being his reaper and collecting demons to bring back to his dimension. In order to do this Spike receives the Orb of Isis which allows him to travel among dimensions.

Spike: And what might this be, a trinket that I can use to scare demons into submission. “Come with me or I will throw this at you”.

Dioxin: Let me tell you Spike what you now carry. This is the Orb of Isis. You can now travel to any dimension freely to do my work. Just tell it where you want it to go and it shall send you nearby. Ask it to send you to a certain demon and it will take you there. Ask it to send you to a certain dimension and it can take you there. That trinket is very powerful indeed.

Spike: Nice piece of hardware (throws it up in the air and catches it) feels flimsy though.

Dioxin: All powerful it is but also very delicate. I’m sure I don’t have to tell what should happen to you if that orb was damaged in any way.

Spike: No need for all that. I know exactly what I got here. So you just give me a name and I say it then this orb will send me there. Can we get this over with and start this reaper business?

Cut to:
Buffy starts to let some things slip as she trains the newbies and but no one seems to notice. As she goes to start her training for the day she forgets what she is suppose to do next. She covers it up by asking a newbie what was suppose to be the next lesson. One of the newbies tells her its bow and arrow lessons. She tries to demonstrate for them.

Buffy: (holding a bow and arrow) This is some target practice. I all want you to watch carefully what I am doing.

Buffy pulls back on the bow and can’t pull very hard. She smiles at them and tries again with the same result. She shakes her head and forces it back with all her strength which causes her to miss terribly at the target. All the newbies start to laugh.

Buffy: As I was saying this is how you not shoot an arrow. You guys start taking turns practicing and I’ll watch for awhile.

Buffy walks back across the room and sits down behind the newbies as they all start target practice. She can’t believe that she is so weak she can’t even shoot an arrow. Buffy tries her best to pay attention to the newbies and watching them shoot the arrows.

Cut to:
Spike begins his first mission and begins to hunt down the first demon on the list. Now that Dioxin has given Spike the orb he can start his mission as a reaper.

Dioxin: Let me program this first one for you. I will make sure the orb sends you to the first demon on the list and back here. Hand it over to me.

Spike: You don’t trust me.

Dioxin: Not entirely…yet. Let’s see how this first mission goes then I will show you how it works.

Spike: Fine all yours. (hands the orb to Dioxin) Just tell me who or at least what he looks like. So I can bring this demon back to you.

Dioxin says something in a demon language and then hands back the orb to Spike. Suddenly a portal opens in front of Spike.

Spike: (looks at the portal and then Dioxin) Right…and off I go then. Are you going to tell me what this bugger looks like?

Dioxin: He’s the only demon where you’re going. I shouldn’t have to tell you what he looks like. You are quite familiar with his kind. Let’s see if you can pass this first test.

Spike: (sighs) No doubt this one is a nasty bugger. I’ll be seeing you.

Spike jumps into the portal and finds himself in LA again. He shakes his head as he knows that he will have a fight ahead of him. Not knowing who or what to look for he begins by going into the first building he sees. He walks into an abandoned apartment building searching for his first demon to bring back to Dioxin.

Cut to:
Buffy walks into her office the next day extremely tired from the blood loss. She has a hard time staying awake and just as hard time focusing. She tells herself to put her head down for a minute and it turns into an hour before she wakes up. Just as she wakes Jaime comes in wanting to know why she is late for a meeting they had planned.

Jaime: Am I interrupting you with something? I mean if you had something else you needed to work on a little warning would have been nice. I have been sitting in the meeting room for over ten minutes. Buffy is everything alright?

Buffy: I’m so sorry Jaime I must have lost track of time. I didn’t have breakfast this morning and I must be a little out of it today. What were we suppose to meet about today?

Jaime: We were supposed to go over some new assignments and briefings for some of the Slayers. There are some new cases popping up that we need to look at. I have gathered all the cases in these folders. There are a couple of cases that I think are high priority.

Buffy: Ok I’ll be down there in a minute. Let me grab something to eat really quick and I’ll meet you down there.

Jaime: Thanks Buffy I’ll be waiting (leaves).

Buffy sighs as she gets up hoping that this blood loss doesn’t keep her from doing her work. She still needs to be focused while she is here at work otherwise the others will start to wonder. Buffy heads toward the kitchen to get something to eat and runs into Giles.

Giles: I heard from one of the Slayer’s about your bow and arrow exercise. You really shouldn’t be teaching them that weapons are used for fun and games. Remember that you have to take those lessons seriously as the others Slayers look up to you for guidance. (notices Buffy not paying attention) I know you don’t like lectures Buffy but you do need to listen.

Buffy: (trying to focus) I get you Giles and I was just trying to lighten the mood and that’s all. Rest assured that it will never happen again.

Giles: Are you alright Buffy? You seem a little distracted.

Buffy: Oh what no. (trying to change the subject) I was just on my way to get something to eat and you know me nothing comes between me and food. Not that I am a fat girl or anything. The last thing I want is to be known as “Buffy The Fat Vampire Slayer”. You don’t think I’m fat do you?

Giles: (taken aback) No, no quite the opposite Buffy you are in great shape. What is this all about?

Buffy: Nothing Giles. I got to go meet Jaime afterwards so… (walks away).

Giles looks at her puzzled for a moment as she walks away. Buffy tries hard to focus at the task at hand as she knows that it is important for her to help Jaime plan the missions.

Cut to:
Spike has a look around the building and doesn’t find anyone right away. It looks like some people may be living there. He continues walking until he hears some noises in the distance. He keeps walking until he finds a room at the end of a hallway and can hear a TV on inside. Spike knocks on the door.

Demon: Who’s there?

Spike: (trying to sound menacing) The reaper. The one who is going send you to Hell.

Demon: Go away!

Spike: Not a chance…

Spike kicks the door open and is shocked at who the demon is. It’s someone that Spike recognizes who is equally as shocked to see him.

Clem: Spike…is that you? Gosh this is like something right out of the movies.

Spike: Bollocks…

Cut to:
Buffy is nearly complete with her plan as she is only a few days away. She has several bags full of blood and only needs a few more. Again she goes through her nightly ritual and cuts herself. This time however she passes out right after she finishes bandaging up. She sleeps for an entire day and dreams about what she may have to do to rescue Spike. Her dream has her with a sword and can see an army of demons that she has killed in the past waiting for her. Undeterred she slowly walks toward them.

Cut to:
Spike is unable to bring himself to kill Clem who just looks at him in amazement.

Clem: Spike you really scared me back there with that whole “I am the reaper” thing. How did you get here? I heard some rumors that you died and then came back but didn’t believe it.

Spike: Bloody too long a story to tell. Let’s just say you hit the nail on the coffin except I did that twice. The whole dieing and returning bit.

Clem: Wow what’s your secret. Do you have some good luck charm I should know about? Well let me say it’s good to see you again Spike. You want to go and have a drink. I know this great bar not too far from here.

Spike: No, I’m supposed to kill you and send you to Hell but I know I can’t. You bloody don’t deserve it. There has to be some other way.

Clem: You mean you really are the reaper? What did I ever do to you Spike? Please don’t kill me. Remember all the fun we had back in Sunnydale. I’ll make it up to you I promise.

Spike: I’m not the one who wants you dead. Some other demon wants you dead and in Hell. I was just sent here to find a demon and kill them. And it turns out the demon happens to be you.

Clem: Who told you to kill me? Are you some sort of hit-man now? Just go back and tell them you did and I’ll skip town right away. No one will ever find me or know that I even exist.

Spike: I’m not going to kill you already. Calm down. A bloke named Dioxin sent me to kill you and I’m going to find out why. Just wait right here.

Spike walks back outside of the building leaving Clem. He sees the portal re-open for him and he enters. He walks back inside the temple to confront Dioxin.

Dioxin: So is the mission done and is ready to join us?

Spike: Not yet, not until you give me some answers. Why Clem? He is a demon that never killed anyone that I know of. What possibly could he have done to deserve this?

Dioxin: This is why demons like you can never do my job. Let me explain to you why Clement. He has as you say not actually killed any humans. But he still has done some significant damage. Do you know how the balance of good and evil works?

Spike: Afraid I missed that class in demon school. Why don’t you tell me then.

Dioxin: See all of you on earth think in small terms and can’t open your eyes to what’s around you. There exists a balance of good and evil which your universe was based upon and created from. The reason demons exists is to balance the good toward evil. The reason the Slayers exist is to balance evil toward good. Each exists only to balance the other. Without one there would be no need for the other to exist. Then your universe would simply not exist. So the reason that demons exists is to strike fear into the hearts of humans if nothing else. Some choose to kill but if done too much and too often it tilts the balance toward evil too much. You should know what I mean after all you are one of worst demons who have been around the past hundred plus years. Again why Clement? It is because he hasn’t killed anyone with his entire time on earth nor stuck fear into any humans. His existence is wasted and pointless. Therefore he must be sent to me.

Spike: Give a bloke a chance to fix it. I’m sure I could get him to scare a few humans. Just give him time.

Dioxin: His time is through on earth. There is no bargaining to be done. Bring him to me if you want to see your Slayer again.

Spike: You sodding wanker. Fine. (pulls out the orb) How’s this bleeding thing work.

Dioxin: You just say the name of who you want to go to and it will know. Now say Clement.

Spike says Clement and the portal opens in front of him.

Dioxin: Simple isn’t it. Just don’t go anywhere you aren’t supposed to or I’ll know. Bring him to me and know this is also why I choose Clement. Now go.

Spike walks back into the portal without acknowledging him.

Cut to:
Buffy wakes up the next day not realizing that an entire day has past. She is extremely dizzy for a second and has a hard time focusing and looking at the clock. Then she realizes what time it is and can’t believe it. Dawn comes knocking as she gets up and Buffy tells her that she can come in.

Dawn: Did you just get up? People have been calling all day. Why didn’t you pick up the phone? Everybody wants to know what happened to you because you didn’t show up at the school this morning.

Buffy: I’m sorry I couldn’t get out of bed this morning and I have been really tired lately. I should have called first but I won’t let it happen again. Did anything happen?

Dawn: I just got off the phone with Giles and he said he got Kennedy to fill in for you at the last minute to train the newbies. But nothing else important happened.

Buffy: That’s good. I’m glad I didn’t miss anything. You just got back from school?

Dawn: Yeah. Buffy you have been really quiet lately and always seem out of it at home the past few days. Why haven’t you been able to sleep lately, is it because Spike is gone?

Buffy: (annoyed) Don’t talk about Spike that way. Why does everyone have to talk about him in the past tense like he’s dead? He’s not…he’s just stuck in another dimension right now.

Dawn: Buffy I didn’t mean it like that. We’re still working on it right now but we just don’t have anything solid right now. You know that these things take time.

Buffy: Spike doesn’t have the luxury of time and is just waiting for me to rescue him right now. (calms herself) I’m sorry for jumping at you just now. I’m just so worried about Spike.

Dawn: It’s Ok we’ll talk later (leaves).

Dawn realizes that something is wrong and that Buffy won’t tell her. Buffy is sorry for jumping at Dawn but doesn’t want anyone to tell her that Spike is dead and not coming back. She won’t accept it and won’t stop until she has him back in her life.

Cut to:
Spike finds himself back in front of Clem’s building and goes back to his room. Clem sees him and tries to run and hide but Spike tells him he won’t kill him.

Spike: Look I’m not bloody here to kill you so don’t bother to try and hide.

Clem: How do I know you’re not back to finish your job?

Spike: Do you trust me or not? I’m here to try and figure a way out of this.

Clem: (stops trying to hide) Ok then. Can you at least tell me what’s really going on here?

Spike: Some Demon in a Hell dimension wants me to kill you because you aren’t evil enough. It’s a riot isn’t it?

Clem: I’m not evil enough? But I’m a demon. I’ve done plenty of evil stuff before. Sure I may not be the most fearsome guy around but I just know that I’m just as evil as everyone else. How did this demon contact you and what are you getting in return?

Spike: Simple really I have been dead and in his dimension for a good while now after I died for the second time. You see for us demons when we die not all of us end up with a nice long nap. Some of us go to Dioxin and have to live there in Hell for an eternity. That’s why I’m here again. He has asked me to get demons for him to send to Hell. You just happened to be the first on the list. Normally I would tell him to sod off. But I made a deal with him and I just can’t back out of right now. We need to find some way to out of this for the both of us.

Cut to:
Dawn meets with the gang and tells them something is wrong with Buffy as she isn’t acting herself and the other express their concerns and talk about what they noticed also.

Dawn: I think that there is something up with Buffy but she won’t tell. At home she always seems tired and she just eats then goes to bed. We haven’t really talked at all the past few days.

Giles: I know that something is bothering her but she won’t open up. She was acting rather strangely the other day when I talked to her.

Jaime: Also when we were going over assignments she seemed particularly uninterested when I was presenting her with the cases that have come up. I asked her what she thought and she didn’t have an answer and said to go ahead with whatever. She usually is always hands-on with the planning of the missions and who to send where.

Willow: Maybe she is still trying to get over Spike. I mean I have been working non-stop to find a way to bring him back and Buffy hasn’t really asked me how my research has been going the past few days. I would have thought she would at least ask or lend a hand you know. She could have accepted the fact that he is gone and probably not taking well to it.

Dawn: No, that’s not it at all. When I talked to her yesterday and brought that up she got all upset about us not talking about him being dead. I don’t think that she thinks he’s gone and not coming back.

Giles: Something else it must be then as the Slayers have also noticed that she is not acting normal. They would often tell me how hard she trains them but now she is much more passive and doesn’t really try to lead by example.

Willow: I don’t know what this is but it can’t be good. Tomorrow we should just all come out and ask what’s been bothering her then maybe she will open up.

They haven’t figured it out yet what is going on but decide to confront her to openly discuss their concerns.

Cut to:
Spike and Clem discuss what they are going to do and eventually decide that Clem goes back through the portal and that Spike promises to rescue him later but has to buy Dioxin’s trust for now.

Spike: Look all I know is that he wants you in his dimension and I don’t think he really cares how it happens. I could kill you or we can go through the portal. I think the latter would be a lot less painful don’t you.

Clem: I don’t really like this at all Spike.

Spike: Like I said I need him to trust me. After that I’ll find a way to bring you back here. I couldn’t leave you there with all the stuff that he can put you through.

Clem: You were there before right? So what did he do to you?

Spike: Nothing I care to talk about or want to relive again. Don’t let him beat you like he almost did me. Hold on to something and you can make it through.

Clem: I’m still not sold on this Spike. But I do trust you. You let me crash with you all those times back in your crypt. I guess then I really don’t have a choice here. So how are we going to do this?

Spike: How about me and you fight it out. We’ll make Dioxin think that while we were fighting we fell through the portal.

Clem: That works and plus I’ve been taking some karate lessons. (shows some moves) See Spike.

Spike: Right…Ok lets go to the portal. Remember you have to look like your fighting me.

Clem: Not a problem Spike.

They walk back outside and Spike says Dioxin and the portal opens up in front of them. As Clem in about to walk into it Spike stops him.

Spike: What is it you are going to hold on too? I want to know.

Clem: Oh it’s nothing really…there is a girl I’ve been meaning to ask out but haven’t had the chance to. When I get back I’m finally going to go ask her. I guess this whole thing has made me realize how much I like her. Please Spike don’t leave me there.

Spike: That’s a good thing to hold on to. Nice thing to look forward to. I am kind of holding on to the same thing.

Clem: You’re going to ask out Shelly?

Spike: No, but the reason I’m doing all this is about a girl.

Clem: I see…so how do you want to choreograph this?

Spike: Just wing it (throws him into the portal).


Continued in Chapter 2...The Things We Do...
The Things We Do by TillDustDoUsPart
Author's Notes:
It is highly recommended you read my first two Fanfics as this is the third part of a trilogy. Starting with "William The Bloody Is Back" followed by "The Thin Line Between Love & Hell".
Buffy is confronted by everyone in the gym and has no escape. She was expecting to see the newbies but instead finds the gang waiting for her. They are here to discuss what has been bothering Buffy.

Giles: You know why we are all here don’t you?

Buffy: A surprise trip to Hawaii?

Willow: Buffy we know something has been bothering you. We can all tell that you have been so distant and always seem like you haven’t slept in days.

Buffy: Guys I’m fine…really. I’m just have not been able to sleep as much as I would’ve liked the past week.

Dawn: There is more to it than that.

Giles: Your duties here have been affected as well. The Slayers have been noticing a change in your attitude as it seems like you don’t even care. I won’t allow it to rub off on them.

Buffy: Ok you guys want me to be a hard-ass again I will. I won’t let them have a rest or anymore time to breath. I’m going to work them harder then ever. Satisfied now.

Giles: That’s not the point Buffy we want to know why you been acting the way you’ve been acting.

Willow: Please Buffy just tell us what the deal is. We’re all trying to help you.

Buffy: Enough is enough. There is nothing wrong with me. I’ve been tired been lately and didn’t realize it affected my work. So it won’t happen anymore. Let me just get on with my day.

Dawn: We are not leaving until we get to the bottom of this. We love you Buffy and only want to help.

Buffy: This is pointless and going nowhere. I don’t know what else you want from me. I am not answering anymore of these questions. You can either believe me or don’t believe me. Just bring the newbies in so we can get started.

Giles: You leave us no choice Buffy. From now on you are relieved of your duties until you finally open up to us. Go home until you are ready to talk about this. We will find out eventually what the meaning of all this is.

Semi-relieved Buffy walks off. Now she doesn’t have to worry about work but now she knows that everyone is going to press her on what’s going on. She tells herself that she will tell them when the time is right.

Cut to:
Spike and Clem give off a horrible show as they pretend to fight as Clem is very bad at acting and fighting. Dioxin comes and suspects something’s not right but doesn’t say anything as he has Clem in Hell now. He explains to Clem why he is here and sends him off somewhere to start his stay. Dioxin and Spike have a brief talk about what just happened.

Dioxin: You aren’t inspiring a lot of confidence with me in your abilities. Did you not kill him because you couldn’t or did you show him some mercy? Either way I would like to know.

Spike: Sorry about that he surprised me. When I told him I was there to kill him he ran off and as soon as I got in front of him we fell through the portal. Rest assured the next one won’t be as sloppy.

Dioxin: We shall see…I want you to now get another demon. Be sure to be careful this one will kill anything it sees. This one has been killing for months and doesn’t know how to stop. Send him here and then we shall see if I can truly trust your skills.

Spike: So who’s the next demon? Does it have a name?

Dioxin: A Thesanus demon…

Cut to:
Buffy at home continues her blood letting as she is on the brink of passing out again. The group has sent Dawn to keep an eye on her and not let Buffy out of her sight. Dawn has just come home and notices Buffy is confined to her room again. Dawn knocks on her room.

Dawn: Are you going to come out and eat?

Buffy: Be there in a little while.

Dawn walks away suspicious but doesn’t say anything yet. Buffy has just finished up again but she eventually passes out again.

Cut to:
Dioxin still has concerns but sends Spike onward to his next person on the list. This time it is a very nasty and big demon that Spike doesn’t mind killing.

Spike: Thesanus demon…those demons are more than a handful. Never actually ran into one but I’ve heard stories about them.

Dioxin: And all of them are true. But this is a big test for you Spike. If you fail and you let this demon kill you than you are right back here with me so there is no choice here. It’s either him or you.

Spike: Nice, send me after a big slimy toothy fellow.

Spike calls the name of the demon and the portal opens up and he enters. He finds himself in a jungle. He can hear in the distance screams of people and a loud roar. He goes in search of it. Eventually he finds some native villagers who have been mauled to death. The demon is destroying a village and Spike eventually finds the demon. Spike throws a rock to get the demons attention. This demon is very big with scaly type skin and long sharp teeth. It constantly drools as it turns around toward Spike. He knows what he has to do and immediately waits for the demon to go after him. The demon charges toward him and he dodges it and lets him crash into a tree. Spike then goes around looking for a weapon and finds a spear. He throws the spear as the demon turns around and it lands in his shoulder. The demon pulls it out and runs toward Spike. Quickly he picks up another spear and throws it but the demon bats it away. Finally Spike sees another spear picks it up but the demon is too close so he uses it to impale the demon. The demon falls to his knees but before he dies takes one swing at Spike and knocks him a few feet away. He gets up.

Spike: That wasn’t so bad (grabs his jaw).

Spike then opens the portal back to return to Dioxin. Then he goes back to Dioxin who is impressed at how fast he was able to kill this particular demon.

Dioxin: Is he dead yet (pauses) yes I know he’s on his way here. Very nice job Spike, you weren’t gone very long and now you taken care of a Thesanus demon for me. He had this coming trust me.

Cut to:
Buffy wakes up with the sound of Dawn knocking on the door and wanting to know what she is doing. Buffy quickly hides away all of her things in the closet and runs into the bathroom and turns on the shower. She looks at herself in the mirror and notices how pale she looks and has become. She convinces herself that it’s worth it.

Dawn: You’re not coming out to eat tonight?

Buffy: Dawn, I’m just about to take a shower.

Cut to:
Dioxin and Spike talk about stepping up and moving on to targets that are more important and also harder to send here. Dioxin is starting to test Spike to see if he is ready to complete his true intentions.

Dioxin: This next mission I have for you is going to be unlike any other I send you on. He shouldn’t be too hard for you to take care of. This demon is not a very good fighter by any means so you shouldn’t have any problem. He is nothing without his weapon. You will have to travel to an entirely different dimension than earth. Don’t worry the other demons won’t pay any attention to you.

Spike: Another dimension? Is it anything like this place?

Dioxin: It is in fact a Hell dimension but not like this one. The one who rules over that place has gone soft on those who are there. He would rather watch them kill themselves for food than exact any torture on them. The one you are going after is not the demon lord there but his bodyguard. This demon is the bodyguard and right hand man of the demon lord. The demon has come to earth and killed random people simply to amuse the demon lord. I need you to send him here. First I need you to ask him to follow you here. But he may not go willingly. He doesn’t know why I want him here. So if he doesn’t obey bring him here any way you can. It won’t matter if you kill him because he won’t end up in this place. It is best that you leave him alive and bring him through the portal.

Spike: Won’t this demon lord be angry that I’m going to take away his favorite bodyguard?

Dioxin: No, he was finding that his guard has been acting without his authority so he won’t mind at all. He wants to have him replaced and punished. He asks me to do for him and I said yes.

Spike: I’m just your middle man then I gather. So I go there and tell him to come with me. He refuses, use some gentle persuasion. I’m starting to like this job.

Dioxin: I knew you would now go.

Cut to:
Buffy walks out of her room to get something to eat and Dawn notices how pale she is and confronts her some more about what is going on.

Dawn: What have you been doing in your room all this time? My god, have you seen how pale you look? You aren’t starving yourself are you?

Buffy: No, Dawn look like I told you before I just can’t sleep. Maybe that is starting to catch up with me. I don’t know but I will feel a whole lot better if everyone stops asking me what’s wrong with me.

Dawn: I haven’t seen you eat much in days or do anything but stay in your room. What’s going on in there? Tell me you’re not starving yourself over Spike. I miss him too Buffy, but don’t keep taking it out on yourself.

Buffy: (defensive) I’m not Ok. You want to see me eat then fine come with me to the kitchen and watch me chow down on some food. What I do in my room is my business and no one else’s. God, everyone thinks that I’m so tore up over Spike. I’m not going to lie I miss him a lot. But I’m not letting the fact that he’s stuck there cause me to go nuts. I know that we are going to keep working on bringing him back so I’ve just got to wait.

Dawn: Fine but that still doesn’t change the fact that you are looking like Casper the friendly ghost. There has to be more to it than that.

Buffy: I’ve said what I needed to say to you and I’m not going to keep up with this interrogation. Please don’t tell the others about this. I don’t need them on my case right now.

Buffy walks with Dawn to the kitchen to get something to eat.

Cut to:
Spike enters this new dimension and notices that it is mostly desert and that there are a few demons scattered about looking for food and don’t really notice Spike. He goes to a temple in the distance and finds his demon. He walks into the throne room with the demon lord and his bodyguard.

Spike: (to the demon lord) Dioxin has sent me.

Demon Lord: Hmm…Dioxin has sent a vampire to be his messenger. He must see something in you that I don’t but very well go on with your business. I won’t stand in your way.

Bodyguard: What is this all about? Lord, what should I do with him?

Demon Lord: Nothing. It’s what he is going to do with you. I have warned you for a long time but you continued to disobey me. You keep thinking you know everything. But you are foolish for not hearing my words carefully. This vampire will take you to Dioxin and he will punish you like he does the rest of his demons there.

Bodyguard: Lord, forgive me. I know I have angered you in the past but I thought it was what you wanted.

Demon Lord: Your pleas will not affect my decision as it has already been made and agreed upon. Leave and make it easier on yourself. You have forever to think about what you have done.

Bodyguard: No! I will prove my worth and kill this messenger.

Spike: Wasn’t expecting you to come quietly. (smiles) Let’s see what you got you ponce.

Cut to:
Buffy has finally the amount of blood she needs and decides to let everyone in on what she has been doing and what the plan is. She tells Dawn to call everyone over to her place and explain. Everyone arrives and she tells them who are all shocked that she would do that.

Buffy: I’m sorry you guys for everything really. But I knew that if I told you none of you would let me. You have to understand this was my decision to make and not anyone else’s. I know that I treated some of you badly the past week. But that wasn’t me talking I was honestly tired. This sure took a wallop on me but it’s over now. I have all the blood we need. I’m going to sleep for a few days and rest up until I’m 100 percent because it’s going to be tough getting Spike back I know it.

Giles: I have no words for you right now other than…disappointed. You truly let me down Buffy.

Buffy: I wish you guys could understand what it has been like for me these past couple of weeks. I haven’t been so happy or heart-broken all in a matter of days as I’ve been recently. This is my one chance to finally end all of this misery and I’m not going to waste one second of it. Giles there is nothing I can say to you right now other than sorry. Get ready you guys because in a few days I’m going back there to rescue Spike and I’m going to need everyone’s help and especially support. See ya (leaves).

Buffy goes back to her room expecting the response she just got. She decides that once she gets rested and back to 100 percent that she will stop at nothing to bring back Spike.

Cut to:
Spike has accomplished his mission and brought back the demon through the portal to Dioxin. He is bloody and beaten and very tired after that long ordeal. Dioxin is amazed and very pleased with Spike after all that he has done. Now Dioxin trusts him enough to let him in on what his true intentions are for him.

Dioxin: Impressive, you are doing very well Spike and well on your way to seeing her again.

Spike: When do I get to see Buffy again? I’ve done what you asked of me. Three bloody demons all here for your bleeding pleasure.

Dioxin: In time Spike you will see her but not yet. I have a couple more assignments for you before I can let you see her.

Spike: I’ve been your errand boy long enough. When is this bloody torture going to end? What else do you want from me?

Dioxin: Spike listen to me as I’m about to tell you why I’ve been sending you on these missions for demons. Not only did I need them here to punish them and restore some balance but I was testing your skills as well. I also wanted to see if I can trust you with these very special missions I have next. Let me explain that I want to move beyond my business of just demons and seeing them punished. I have taken it upon myself to restore the balance of good and evil in your world.

Spike: How noble of you. Hoping for a world peace prize?

Dioxin: Who do I want you to bring back next? It’s Slayers (Spike is shocked). There are too many Slayers in the world and need to be thinned out. They have unbalanced the scale of good and evil. If the Slayers succeed in ridding the world of demons completely then there will be only chaos left. Due to the Slayers dark source of energy they will eventually turn to evil. Then what was once good is now evil and then the balance will be forever changed. Your world as you know it can no longer exist.

Spike: I don’t believe in that non-sense. The scale can’t be tipped that much because of the Slayers. There will always be demons in the world. Not even the Slayers can change that.

Dioxin and Spike continue to argue about the Slayers and the balance of good and evil. Spike doesn’t want to be believe what Dioxin is telling him but continues to listen.

Cut to:
Buffy is at home sleeping and the gang discusses at the school what they are going to do and if they will allow Buffy to go through with this. They are still in disbelief at what the plan will be and don’t want to involve anybody else. They argue with what should be done.

Willow: Guys I have to admit that technically the plan should work now that we have enough of Buffy’s blood. The spell does require all the blood of a person’s body to open it up plus I don’t think the portal would know the difference how it got there in the first place.

Giles: It’s not about whether we have enough blood or not or if the spell will work. This is about how Buffy went behind our backs to accomplish it. Seems that she was gradually bleeding herself and I’m worried not only about the short-term effects but the long-term as well.

Dawn: I knew she was acting weird but I could never have guessed this was what she was doing in her room all this time. She truly misses Spike.

Giles: This is not how a rational person acts when you’ve lost someone. She must have been doing this out of grief. No sensible person would do such a thing.

Willow: She is really hurting Giles and I think she feels that only bringing back Spike will fix it. I can’t defend what’s she’s done but I do understand it.

Giles: We are not going to be bystanders and watch her fail in this. Should the spell not work who knows what she’ll do. She has to respect our decision in this. Let no one else know what has been going on with Buffy. I can’t allow the other Slayers to know what she has been up to.

Dawn: Are you saying that we aren’t going through with the spell?

Giles: That is precisely what I’m saying. I don’t believe that she is herself right now. She must be suffering from some sort depression or some other illness.

Willow: I don’t know if we can do that now Giles. She has come this far and if we try to stop her then she might get desperate. I hate to think what could happen then.

Giles: Until we are convinced that she is fully healthy mentally and physically she will not go through we this understood.

Cut to:
Dioxin has explained to Spike that he can see Buffy again after he has taken some of the Slayers that are spread out around the world and brought them back to his dimension.

Dioxin: I thought you wanted to fight the good fight. Most of all you wanted to see her again. I am giving the opportunity to do both.

Spike: Killing Slayers is not my idea of fighting the good fight now matter what you say.

Dioxin: Much like the last demon you brought here you don’t kill them. All you need to do is bring them back through the portal by any means necessary. In fact you can’t kill them while they are in your world. In death they go to an entirely different place than here. To bring them to me they must travel through the portal.

Spike: Bloody torture and suffering is worst than death if I bring them here. I don’t want any part of that. Demons deserve every bit of that but not them. Not Slayers.

Dioxin: They don’t interest me. I don’t care to look within their souls to find a suitable torture for them. Torturing demons is an act I enjoy. Humans are too easy. So are you going to do this for me or not.

Spike: I’m going to…

Spike hesitates in his decision so Dioxin sends him back to his torment. Spike can’t stand it as an undetermined amount of time has passed so Spike agrees. He is convinced that since he wouldn’t actually be killing the Slayers it would be Ok.

Spike: Ok you bloody wanker I’ll do it. Please don’t kill them while they are here. Slayers could be some assets for us later on. We could also use them in some fashion. Don’t bloody torture them either as they might try to off themselves.

Dioxin: I agree Spike. I may need them later for the big finale.

Spike: What are you talking about? What finale?

Dioxin: Nothing you need to concern yourself with now. I have picked out the perfect Slayer for you to get for me. She is isolated and alone so it shouldn’t be much of an issue for you. Your history with Slayers is impressive just don’t fall back into old habits and kill this one dear old William…

Spike: Don’t you bloody call me that name. He’s long gone.

Dioxin: (smiles) Ok reaper…go get her. This one is named Breanna.

Cut to:
Buffy feels that she is fully rested and goes to the school to start the plan to open the portal so she can get back Spike. The gang is waiting for her in the gym. They discuss the plan and they tell her that this is the last time straw as she has clearly not been thinking right in going about this decision.

Willow: Buffy I know that you think that everything is alright now that you’ve given us all this blood but it’s just not going to happen.

Giles: Decisions like these are ones made by people who are grief stricken wanting one last chance to say goodbye. You may not want to hear this Buffy but I do believe that you made this decision out of your depression. If and I mean if we all agree to proceed it will be because we are convinced that you are of sound of body and mind.

Buffy: I am not a nut. Is this your guy’s way of telling me that I need to go to a nut house or see a shrink?

Dawn: Shall we list the ways you’ve gone coo-coo the past week or so. No seriously we need to understand what you are going through before we can let you go on with this. We want to see what your frame of mind is right now.

Buffy: What is there to understand. Help. Spike. Spike. Help.

Willow: Not really helping your cause here Buffy.

Buffy: (sighs) He’s got no one else to do this. I’m the only one that can help him.

She pleads with them not to stop her because of Spike but they are only convinced further that she needs help.

Cut to:
Spike calls out the name and enters the portal. He goes looking for the Slayer which he now finds himself in a small town. He sees a crowd of people coming toward him running away from something. Once the crowd clears he sees the Slayer in a fight with a demon. He runs up to lend the Slayer a hand and they both fight the demon. They introduce themselves to each other as they fight the demon together.

Breanna: Who the Hell are you? Get back while I take care of this thing.

Spike: The name’s Spike and I know yours Breanna. I could finish him off for you if you like.

Breanna: (turns to look at Spike) How do you know my name?

As Breanna is distracted by Spike knowing her name the demon swats at her and knocks her a few feet away. Spike continues to fight the demon. The Slayer watches as she is dazed for a moment. Spike eventually wears down the demon and snaps its neck. Breanna is amazed that Spike was able to kill the demon and walks over to kick it to make sure it’s dead.

Breanna: You got some nice moves there. (starts to think clearly now) Wait your name is Spike right? Again how do you know my name?

Spike: Someone who sent me here knows you. I’m just glad I got here in time. This fellow looks like he packed quite a wallop.

Breanna: Unless that person is my grandma no one calls me that. My name is Bree. Everyone calls me Bree. Also I may not look like it but I can take care of myself. I’m much stronger than I look. But I never seen a regular person able to take down one of these things before.

Spike: Ok Bree. I know you can pack a punch because you’re a Slayer. I’ve run into my fare share of them. Your skills are not too bad at all. Surely not the best but not too shabby either. As for myself I’m not your average bloke. I’m a vampire with a…

Breanna cuts him off before he can finish and tell her he has a soul once she hears the word vampire. She begins to try and fight him but Spike keeps her at bay as he explains things to her.

Spike: Would you stop already. You Slayers are all dust happy. I was about to tell you I have a soul.

Breanna: What kind of lame explanation is that? Vampires don’t have souls. You think I’m stupid or something?

They keep fighting as she still is trying to take the advantage but can’t as Spike explains to him all the good he has done.

Spike: Would any old vampire come and help you just now. If I was evil I would have gone straight for your neck.

Breanna: That doesn’t mean anything.

Spike: Fine you want a history lesson. I was the one who helped fight against The First in Sunnydale.

Breanna: I don’t believe that. You vampires and demons all love to lie.

Spike: I was the one to close the bleeding Hellmouth. I stood there and watched it all tumble down around me.

She starts to remember what Buffy had told her about a vampire with a soul who had done the same stuff that Spike had just explained. She asks him to name some of the people who were at the Hellmouth with him to see if he is telling the truth and he does. She finally stops fighting him.

Breanna: Damn you’re that same vampire who helped Buffy. I remember her telling me that a vampire who had a soul did that stuff but she never told us his name only that he was dead now. So if you died in the Hellmouth? How are you here now? Was it Buffy who sent you?

Spike: Look that is a long story. I am a trusted friend of hers and I need your help with something.

Breanna: How come I haven’t heard from her that you were coming?

Spike: She doesn’t know that I’m back and I can’t tell her just yet. But I do need your help and Buffy would want you to help me.

Breanna: I am thankful for you helping me but I have to talk to Buffy first. I have to run this by her before I can go off and do anything.

Spike: I need you to trust me and follow me somewhere. I need your help and you are the only one that can help me right now. Buffy can’t know about this right now or it will mess things up. I need you to follow me through this portal and stay there until I return.

Breanna: Whoa you lost me right there Spike. I’m not going through any portals. I barely even know you. I don’t trust you enough for me to just follow you off into who knows where. I’m going to call Buffy.

Spike: There’s no time for this. I know she has her hands full right now. She would want you to help me.

Breanna: What exactly do you want me to do for you? Also what is on the other side of the portal?

Spike: I need you to go and follow me to a Hell dimension and keep an eye on a demon lord there. That’s all I need from you. You will have to stay there until I return. I have to keep earning his trust or else.

Breanna: So all I would have to do is spy on this demon lord until you come back. How long will you be gone for?

Spike: I don’t know yet. He has me as his bloody reaper and errand boy for now. But hopefully you don’t have to stay too long. You’re going to help me then?

Breanna: I must be crazy to even consider this.

Spike opens up the portal and Breanna is stuck unable to move.

Spike: You’re going to have to trust me and follow my lead. Do this for Buffy if not for me. She won’t forget this.

Breanna: That doesn’t sound very comforting…

Spike drags her in against her will and they both go through the portal.

Cut to:
The group continues to argue with Buffy as she contends that she is healthy in more ways than one.

Buffy: Why are we wasting time talking about this non-sense? The longer we wait the harder it’s going to be to get him back. I’m completely sane you guys. As you can see I do look much better now. I’ve gotten all my strength back and am ready to finish this.

Willow: Buffy why don’t we go away for awhile so you can clear your head? I know that after you calm down we can discuss our options and go from there. Come on Buffy let’s take a walk.

Giles: Spike isn’t going anywhere Ok. We still have time to keep looking for another way while you are gone and if you still want to do it then we can decide that together.

Dawn: Buffy we need you to help us out here and respect our decision. We all agree this is the right thing to do.

Buffy: (firmly) Listen, all of you. I am not leaving this gym until we get Spike back. He is going through some horrible stuff over there. You made that decision and I can’t change it but I also made mine. I did not give up my blood just for it to sit here and do nothing. You can either help or get the Hell out of my way.

They realize that there is no choice for now so as she can’t be reasoned with so they all agree to help her but they all must be involved and have the final say on what the final plan will be. Buffy not liking not having full control agrees with everyone and they discuss what they are going to do.

Cut to:
Now in the Hell Dimension Spike meets with Dioxin with the Slayer in tow. He is dragging her along through the temple.

Spike: Listen to me Bree. This demon lord trusts me so keep pretending on putting up a fight.

Breanna: Who’s pretending here! I thought you wanted me to spy on him.

Spike: Shh…we’ll talk about this later.

Spike brings her in front of Dioxin and throws her down in front of his throne. Dioxin smiles and tells the Slayer why she is here and who he is. He tells her that she will be Ok for now as she may be of use later. He says something in a demon language and a prison appears in the distance. He orders Spike and another demon to bring her to her cell. Once they start to go the Slayer is reluctant and Spike grabs her and drags her with the help of the other demon. Once she is thrown into her cell the other demon leaves and Spike tells her to hold on tight for awhile while he handles some business.

Breanna: This isn’t what I signed up for…I should never have trusted you. How many Slayers are you going to bring back here until you earn his trust? You don’t believe that BS he was saying do you?

Spike: I don’t really have a choice here Bree. I’ll return as soon as I can. You don’t have to worry because he won’t hurt you.

Breanna: You really don’t expect me to believe that? Let me the Hell out of here.

Spike: Don’t say a bloody word until I get back here. Just keep your mouth shut for now (leaves).

Breanna punches the cell bars in front of her in anger as Spike leaves her there. Spike goes back to Dioxin who tells him that he is doing very well. Dioxin tells him to go and get another Slayer and he asks how many more.

Spike: How many more do you want me to get? They must be all over the planet and sooner or later someone is going to catch on to missing Slayers.

Dioxin: There is couple more Slayers I need for you to get and that’s all. I want to measure the balance afterwards. This next one is someone I’m sure you are familiar with. I want you to find this Slayer in a place called Cleveland. Just say the Slayer in Cleveland and the orb will know as she is only one there.

Spike: Someone I’m familiar with. You mean one of the Slayers I knew in Sunnydale?

Dioxin: Only one way to find out isn’t there.


Concluded in Chapter 3...Coming Back...
Coming Back by TillDustDoUsPart
Author's Notes:
It is highly recommended you read my first two Fanfics as this is the third part of a trilogy. Starting with "William The Bloody Is Back" followed by "The Thin Line Between Love & Hell".
Spike opens the portal knowing that he has to look for a Slayer he knew back in Sunnydale. He thinks of which of the potentials he helped train it could be. He steps out and finds himself by a bar and enters looking for someone he recognizes. He stands by the counter scanning the crowd for any sign of the Slayer. After awhile he finds the only female in the place playing pool bend over the table taking a shot. He walks over there and starts to recognize who it may be. He walks up behind her.

Faith: (turns around) So you got next…

Spike: That’s me…hello Faith…

Faith: (shocked) No fricking way…Spike that can’t be you man. (pushes him) Solid…whoa my mind is buzzing right now.

Spike: Trust me you’re not the first one. We need to talk.

Faith: This is not happening. I’ve got to be dreaming. Guys don’t just burn up in the Hellmouth and show up all like nothing happened.

Spike: I can explain but it would that too much bloody time and I don’t have it. Let’s go and talk and I’ll give you the quick run-down version.

So they walk over to sit at a table and order drinks while he tells her some of what has been going on.

Faith: So that’s all you’re going to tell me. You die, you comeback, die again, comeback again and now as a reaper for some dude named Dioxin. Well that’s definitely short and to the point. You’re going to have to fill in those blanks someday as I’d like to hear it.

Spike: One day I’ll give you the full version. But I need your help now. Dioxin has me gathering Slayers for his Hell dimension and now you’re next.

Faith: What! You’re here to take me next. I’m not going down without a fight.

Spike: It’s not quite what you think. I need you to trust me. (to himself) God, I’ve been saying that a lot lately. Look I’ve already got one Slayer there waiting for me to return and I need you to take care of her. I need you to make sure that both of you are safe. I know you much better and am sure that you can take care of both of you. She’s still green but a Slayer at heart. You need to watch out for her as I got one more Slayer to get after you. You have to follow me through the portal to Dioxin.

Faith: Wow you just keep blowing my mind Spike. Alright let me get this straight you want me to follow you to the Hell dimension and watch over another Slayer. So I just sit there looking pretty until you get back. That doesn’t sound like a very good plan to me. How are you going to get us out later?

Spike: Haven’t really thought that far ahead yet. I’m just playing this out as I go along. You have my word I will return and won’t leave you there.

Faith: (shakes her head) I’m going to regret this (finishes her shot) alright let’s go. But let’s make one thing clear the other Slayer and I come first. If there is any hint of trouble I’m busting the two of us out of there. Now you owe me one.

Spike: You got it. Let’s be on our way.

They step outside behind the bar and prepare to open the portal when he clocks her in the face to give her a black eye.

Faith: (grabs her face) What the Hell was that for!

Spike: I had to make it look like we just been in a fight. I’m sorry about that I probably should have given you fair bit of warning but what’s done is done.

Spike opens up the portal in front of them and motions for her to step in. Before she does she returns the favor and gives him a black eye. He opens his mouth to say something but before he does he stops and thinks about it for a second.

Spike: Oh yeah right.

They both go into the portal each sporting a black eye.

Cut to:
Buffy and the gang are in the meeting room and discuss the plan in which Willow uses all the blood to open up the portal. She tells them that she doesn’t want to risk anyone else and has to do it alone.

Buffy: I can’t risk losing another person to Dioxin and that Hell dimension. I’m going in alone and you all will just wait for us to come back. You guys are too important to me to possibly lose you to him. If I get stuck there then I can accept that. But I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself for that happening to one of you.

Dawn: We don’t want to lose you either and that’s why you are going to take someone with you. You need someone to help just in case something goes wrong.

Buffy: I don’t need your help and I can do this myself. What I need is your support here and now.

Giles: Need I remind you Buffy that we have to final say on this matter. Someone goes with you and that’s final or else this plan doesn’t happen at all.

Willow: Buffy we are going to have Kennedy go with you. You’re going to need another Slayer to watch your back in there. I would go instead but I have to stay here and keep the portal open.

Buffy: No, no Willow I can’t let you send Kennedy to do this. I know how much you love each other. This is something I have to do.

Willow: It’s Ok Buffy really. I’m fine. I trust her and I trust you. I know you two will make it back together.

Buffy: Thank you so much Will. I’ll make sure that she makes it back no matter what. Don’t worry.

Willow: I’m not worried. Who’s worried? I know all three of you will make it back.

They go back in the gym and prepare to open up the portal.

Cut to:
Spike throws Faith onto the ground to put up a good show for Dioxin and she is not too happy about it. Dioxin introduces himself to Faith and tells her why she is here. She just tells him shove it. He smiles and sends her away with Spike helping. She struggles as they drag her off. Once they reach the cells she is thrown into the cell next to Breanna.

Spike: Remember just sit tight until I return. I’ll be back soon.

Breanna: When are you going to let us go? Did you trick her too?

Faith: (to Breanna) I’m here to look after the both of us. I’m Faith and he didn’t trick me I came because I trust him. Listen Spike I’m only giving you a couple of hours and then I’m busting both of us out of here.

Spike: And go where exactly? This is a Hell dimension. There is no escape without me.

Faith: I don’t know Spike but it sure beats sticking around here. I was locked up before and told myself that it wasn’t going to happen again. You got two hours.

Spike: Bugger that (leaves).

Breanna: Haven’t we met before and oh by the way I’m Bree.

Faith: I think we did awhile back. It was our stupid annual Slayer get together.

Breanna: Oh yeah now I remember. So, do you think we are ever going to get out of here or he is going to keep on bringing Slayers back here?

Faith: He can be a real pain in the ass sometimes but I trust him. And don’t worry in exactly two hours I’ll bust us out of here if he doesn’t come back.

Breanna: How exactly can you tell the time? I don’t have a watch, do you?

Faith: Nope. I just go by reciting line by line my favorite movie. Works every time that’s how I passed the time when I was in prison.

Breanna: Really what movie?

Faith: Kind of embarrassing you know. If I tell you better not say a word to anyone or I’ll leave you here. It’s…Pretty Woman.

Breanna: (excited) I love that movie. Especially that part when she is getting all dressed up for the big party.

Faith: (equally as excited) I know plus that other part when she was…

They talk about the movie to pass the time while Spike goes back to Dioxin.

Dioxin: The time has finally come Spike. Like I told you before if you do what I’ve asked then you can see her again. You’ve done an excellent job as my reaper.

Spike: Finally, it’s all over then.

Dioxin: Yes, now go see her. (smiles) But remember to bring her back here afterwards.

Spike: (shocked) What do you mean? I thought you said it was over?

Dioxin: I told you that you can see her again but I didn’t tell you why. She is the last Slayer to be brought back here as she can no longer train any of the new Slayers and this should tip the balance back towards equilibrium. You can spend some time with her there before you bring her back if you wish but you must bring her back.

Spike: You have to be daff to think I would bring her back here. There is no way I would ever let Buffy come near this place again. I don’t care even if you throw me back into that bloody misery. It will never happen.

Dioxin: Haven’t you figured out by now that I always have what I want done. If you don’t want to do it then I can just send somebody else. Do you know why I choose you? It’s because of that soul of yours. You have control of your actions and don’t act upon impulse like all these other demons here. I could always send someone else but do you really want that. I would think that some of the demons here would simply just try to kill her rather than send her back here. They aren’t as easily controllable as you are. Make your decision now or I will test that resolve of yours and send you back into that torment you love so much.

Spike still refuses but then starts to realize that if he doesn’t do it some other demon will simply try to kill Buffy.

Spike: I’ll do it but not for you but for Buffy. I’m going so some other demon doesn’t go and off her. Tell me what will happen to her once she is here. You going to lock her up too?

Dioxin: That is really none of your business. But if must know I don’t plan to kill her. I only want a favor from her then I have no more need for her. Since neither of you can ever leave this place again I’ll make a special exception for you two. You can spend all eternity with each other. If she agrees to help me then it will happen. You can both be in the same cell together. If she refuses then both of you shall be tormented together instead.

Dioxin forces him to go now and he goes back through the portal. He ends up in front of the Slayer school.

Cut to:
The group is all in the gym and prepares to open the portal as they check to make sure there is enough blood. They pour all the blood into a giant bucket. They have Willow start the spell and she opens it and it is the same as before as it is not entirely stable.

Willow: Buffy this time for sure you have only a small window of time to get him. I’m thinking that it’s only about half an hour before it shuts then that’s it. Some of the blood is starting to go as we speak.

Buffy: You sure that Kennedy can enter too because there is only my blood in there.

Willow: That’s why I had Kennedy drop some blood in there too. Don’t worry she doesn’t need as much as yours just a few drops because that only applies to opening the portal. She can enter too now that she’s given up some blood.

Buffy: Guys this is not goodbye. I’m not saying goodbye and don’t tell me goodbye either. We all are coming back.

Buffy repeats this to everyone as she hugs them. She gives one last look at everyone as both she and Kennedy enter the portal. Seconds later Spike shows up being chased by Jaime. The group all focuses on Spike. In shock he realizes what is going on and runs toward them. Just as he does Willow loses focus and the portal closes. They then turn back around toward the portal and realize it’s gone.

Dawn: (panicking) Willow open it back up.

Willow: (stuttering) I…I…can’t. Some of the blood is already gone. I don’t have enough to open it again. I had to stay focused in order to keep it open. Oh no Buffy…Kennedy…they’re stuck there.

Spike runs up to them to tell them that they made a terrible mistake.

Spike: This is a bloody tragedy. I have to go back and get her.

Giles: (still in disbelief) Spike what the devil is going on? How did you manage to escape? Buffy just went back there to rescue you.

Spike: Rupert I don’t have time to explain. (pulls out the orb) I have to make sure she is safe.

Giles: What is that you’re holding?

Spike: This bloody thing is what allows me to get from there to here.

Willow: Wait a minute Spike. All you have to do is use that and you can travel over there.

Giles: Spike we need your help to rescue Buffy and Kennedy. They are both stuck there because of you but I’m not going into that right now. Look we need to figure out a plan so we can resolve this once and for all.

Spike realizes that he needs their help to break the hold that Dioxin has over him. He finally opens up about everything that has happened to him and what Dioxin has told him. They are shocked to hear it but then start to focus on rescuing Buffy and the rest of the Slayers.

Cut to:
Buffy and Kennedy have their hearts break as they see the portal has disappeared behind them. Kennedy breaks down and Buffy does her best to comfort her even though she is heart broken as well. They tell each other that they will find some way to get back and that they will force Dioxin to do it somehow as they have no other choice being stuck here. They walk for awhile as they don’t see anything but emptiness and the random demon stuck in the walls. They continue walking and see the temple in the distance and go to it. They see another demon guard and Buffy tells Kennedy to be ready but the demon simply steps aside as they approach. They continue walking into the temple cautiously as they finally reach the throne room where Dioxin is waiting for them.

Dioxin: (laughs) This is such a funny moment Slayers forgive me. (to Buffy) I sent someone to bring you back and it turns out I didn’t need to. You really are relentless Slayer. I guess there isn’t any stopping you from returning to me. I can finally proceed…

Buffy: We want Spike back and to be sent back home. Don’t think for one second that we are going to stop until that happens.

Dioxin: (laughs) You really are a feisty one Slayer making demands like that.

Dioxin says something in a demon language and dozens of demons storm the throne room and surround them.

Dioxin: Don’t be foolish Slayers. I have a near endless army. I simply want to have a talk with you Slayer. Let’s talk and maybe we can then discuss what will happen to you both. (points to Kennedy) Now take her away.

Kennedy tries to resist all the demons trying to grab her.

Buffy: (to Kennedy) Don’t fight this now. It will all work out.

They drag her away and throw her into a cell next to the other Slayers. Buffy and Dioxin begin to talk.

Buffy: I don’t have any reason to trust you so show me Spike and we can talk.

Dioxin: I will give him back to you if you promise to help me Slayer.

Buffy: How about I find you a nice juicy cow instead?

Dioxin: Listen to me Slayer this is something you need to consider seriously.

He tells her how the world works on the principle of balance of good and evil. The world must exist this way in order to function. He explains to her about the Slayers and how they could unbalance the world and leave it in chaos. He tells her that neither extreme can truly exist as one will always try to balance out the other. But also the world can never reach exact balance either because that is how the world was first created in the beginning. So he tells her that his master plan to be in control of both here and earth dimension.

Dioxin: You see I want to be in control of all afterlife of not only demons but humans as well. I want to make it so that humans end up here with me. Then I could be the afterlife lord of all beings. But in order to do that I need your help.

Buffy: Sounds Looney Tunes to me. How do you expect to do all that?

Dioxin: I am evil and know it but you can help me by balancing me. You can balance my essence to make me truly a neutral being. I have unlimited power in this dimension and can make it over any way I wish. I can change all the rules but my power can only be used here. In your world someone with my power can change the rules such as the afterlife but only one who is truly neutral in their essence. That is where you can help me. I need your power of good to balance me. Your essence of good is the only thing that is strong enough to balance me. All I have to do is copy your essence of good onto myself. Then as I stand in the portal that separates our worlds with one foot in each. I can channel my power from this dimension into yours and re-make it as I please. But I do promise you that the only thing I will change is the afterlife. Even though my essence will be neutral my consciousness will remain as long as a part of me is in this dimension.

Buffy: I won’t let you do any of that not even for Spike. I will fight you forever if I have too.

Dioxin: I could take it by force if I wanted to. The only way you would ever change that would be to turn yourself evil. Then you would be of no use to me. Do you really want that? Besides I have other forms of persuasion Slayer. If you don’t cooperate than you will have a long time to reconsider as your stay will be very unpleasant.

Dioxin again orders his demons to take her away as she resists but eventually drag her to her cell.

Cut to:
The group all discusses what they are going to do and they research what exactly the orb is and what it can do.

Willow: I’ve got something. This Orb of Isis is used as a gateway between dimensions. It’s the only form of travel that Dioxin has between his and our dimension.

Giles: So without this orb he is stuck there. Is there a way to destroy it?

Willow: Turns out that this is thing is not only pretty but also very fragile.

Spike: Pretty…?

Willow: Oh I’m sorry this is not the time for that. But yeah, also Dioxin was able to program the orb in his dimension to make it funnel demons to his dimension. Ordinarily demons wouldn’t have anywhere to go in particular.

Giles: We can destroy the orb and he would no longer have the ability to enter this dimension or any other one.

Spike: Most importantly I wouldn’t have to worry about going back there once I kick the old bucket. Sounds like a plan I go back there rescue Buffy and smash it once we get back.

Giles: In the most simplest of terms yes. He could be setting an ambush for you when you return as he has Buffy. He only needs now the orb.

Spike: Well I’m off then. Buffy would want me to go at it alone. She wouldn’t forgive me if I let one of you tag along.

Giles: We’ve heard that argument before entirely. You need someone to go with you. Perhaps…

Spike: You, how about you Rupert. You really want to go with me to a Hell dimension? I’ve seen things that you can’t bloody imagine and had to endure things that nearly drove me bonkers. So you want someone to go with me then it should be you.

Giles: I don’t like that idea either. We shall play this out your way it seems.

They all go back to the gym and he tries to tell them something reassuring but can’t so he goes back through the portal. He goes back to the dimension and ends up in front of the temple again. He walks back to Dioxin who is waiting for him.

Dioxin: You have accelerated my plans faster than I could have imagined. Now you can have your reward. She is all that stands in your way. I suggest that you have her cooperate with me so you can spend eternity together.

Spike: So this reaper business is over and no more running back and forth between dimensions. At least if I’m stuck in this sodding place I got Buffy to keep me company.

Dioxin: Bring her to me and then I can decide your fates together.

Spike turns around to leave but he is stopped by a demon guard.

Dioxin: Aren’t you forgetting something Spike…my orb. Give it to him.

Spike hands the orb to the demon guard who places it in his pouch. Spike turns back around and walks toward Dioxin.

Spike: Do you really intend to keep your end of the bargain?

Dioxin: Of course.

Spike bumps into the demon on his way out and steals back the orb without the demon noticing as the demon goes to Dioxin’s side. He goes to the prison to free the Slayers and immediately knocks out the demon guard there. He sees all the Slayers locked up and immediately goes to Buffy’s cell. They look into each others eyes and get lost for a moment then the others Slayers break it up.

Faith: Are you getting us out of here or what?

Breanna: Tell me that I am getting paid overtime for this mess.

Kennedy: Look I haven’t been here as long as them but I hate it here already so let us loose.

They snap out of it and he unlocks them all. They walk outside together.

Spike: You have to take this (hands Buffy the orb) get them back home. All you have to do to use it is to say the name of who you want to go to and it’s sends you right there. Just keep it open long enough for me to return.

Buffy: You’re not coming with…

Spike: I have to bring back an old friend. He’s counting on me and I told him I would once this was over. I’m sorry I can’t leave him here.

Buffy looks into his eyes and leans in to kiss him but is broken up by Faith.

Faith: I hate to be an insensitive bitch but we have to get out of here.

Buffy: (to Faith) Let me say goodbye first.

A tear rolls down Buffy’s cheek as Faith runs off. Spike wipes it away and motions for her to go. She runs off after the others but stops and turns around toward Spike.

Buffy: Promise me…

Spike smiles and walks off in the other direction not wanting to make a promise he can’t keep. Another tear falls down Buffy’s cheek as she turns around to catch up to the other Slayers. She tells them that he still has some business here he needs to take care of. They run until the temple is no longer in sight and Buffy uses the orb to open up the portal. One by one the Slayers jump through with Buffy being the last to enter. She pauses and looks back for Spike and doesn’t see him. Buffy wipes another tear away as she goes through. They end up back in front of the group in the Slayer school. They explain everything.

Giles: Buffy we need to destroy the orb now that you’re all back. It will stop him from traveling dimensions anymore. This is our best chance to stop him.

Buffy: Not everyone is back yet. Spike is coming back this time.

Giles: We can’t keep doing this Buffy. You have the chance to do the right thing however painful it maybe. These are the tough decisions in life that we all have to make. You have to let him go.

Buffy: Are you trying to make this decision for me again? I am not closing the portal until he is back. When are you ever going to trust me and start respecting my choices?

Giles: Buffy I can’t make this decision for you anymore. I will trust your judgment and your decision. But remember you aren’t the only one here. This decision will affect all of us.

Willow: Buffy whatever you decide is fine with me.

Dawn: We’ve waited this long might as well stick it out.

Kennedy: I got your back Buffy.

Faith: Your call B.

Breanna: This is nuts…you’re all nuts…but your in charge here.

Buffy looks around and makes her decision.

Buffy: It stays open and we wait for Spike. I need all of you to get weapons because I don’t know how long it will take for him to come back. Plus who knows what could come back through here. We have to be prepared for it.

Everyone goes off to pick up some weapons and wait for Spike to return.

Cut to:
Spike goes and looks for his old friend as he knows he doesn’t have much time. He continues to look for him then sees a small building in the distance and enters. Spike immediately finds who he is looking for as he comes running in his direction and spots him.

Clem: Spike, I need your help…something has been chasing me and I can’t lose them.

Spike: What?

They both hear something coming and Spike readies himself for what’s next. He’s shocked to find out what has been chasing Clem.

Spike: Cats! That’s run you’ve been running from?

Clem: I have to get out of here but I can’t leave.

Clem tries to leave but can’t as a barrier is preventing him from leaving. Spike grabs Clem as the cats are coming at them and pulls him outside through the barrier.

Spike: What the bloody Hell was that? Being chased by cats? Is that your idea of Hell?

Clem: Spike thank you so much for saving me. I’ve been running from them since I’ve been here. I’m terrified of cats.

Spike: We’re talking about cats. Little buggers who can’t possibly hurt you.

Clem: You don’t understand Spike. I’ve had some bad experiences when it comes to cats. Eating kittens is one thing but cats are totally different. Plus I think that I’ve eaten some of those cat’s kittens. They weren’t too happy about either.

Spike: I get stuck here and have to deal with bloody misery. You come here and get cats. Hardly seems fair at all. Dioxin that wanker let me have it.

Clem: What did you have to go through? Was it worst than cats hissing and coming at you?

Spike: (shakes his head) Not worth talking about now. Let’s be on our way out of this bloody dimension forever. (to himself) Cats…

They make their way back towards the portal. Elsewhere Dioxin knows something’s wrong and orders his guard to find them. They keep running toward the portal and run into the demon guard who is standing in front of the portal. Spike immediately fights the demon and Clem is standing there watching. He then tries to help and jumps onto the back of the demon who just throws him off. The ground is cracking beneath them as they fight and in the cracks lava starts to seep out. They keep fighting until the there is lava completely surrounding them as the ground they are on is now an island. But the island is shrinking rapidly. Clem ducks and gets on his hands and knee’s thinking it is the end and holds his head. Spike uses the opportunity to knock the demon backwards who falls back over Clem into the lava.

Spike: Thanks for you help.

Clem: Don’t mention it.

Suddenly Dioxin appears just in front of the portal.

Dioxin: You can’t leave. I told you before that you can’t leave this place. You are not going to escape my wrath.

Spike: No more Hell for me.

Spike proceeds to tackle him and they both go through the portal. The group is shocked to see them as the both get up. The Slayers and Spike all surround Dioxin who is just smiles.

Dioxin: It’s not over yet…

He motions toward the portal and they all see Clem run through scared. Then suddenly half dozen demons comes racing through the portal then they all fight. Spike and Buffy fight Dioxin while the others fight the other demons. Slowly each of the demons is defeated and all disappear once they are killed. Buffy and Spike have Dioxin beaten as he doesn’t have much hand-to-hand combat skill.

Dioxin: I will never quit until my plan is realized. I will have the last laugh.

Dioxin runs back into the portal. Buffy quickly pulls out the orb and steps on it. The portal disappears and now Dioxin is stuck in his dimension. They now know that Dioxin’s hold on Spike’s future is gone as well. Everyone is relieved that it is all over finally. After everyone checks on one another Buffy and Spike gravitate toward each other. They look into each others eyes and Buffy cries as they hold each other. The others slowly walk away talking amongst themselves leaving them in privacy.

Buffy: You had me so worried that you weren’t coming back. What were you doing back there?

Spike: I had a bit of a feline problem I had to sort out and I never seen so many bloody cats before.

Buffy: Cats…you had to fight some cats? Why cats?

Spike: Does it really matter? I never thought I would know this feeling again…holding you.

Buffy: I held out hope even when nobody else did. I fought so hard for this and I’m not letting go this time.

They hold each other as the world passes by around them. No more words are spoken for hours as they just enjoy the feeling of being in each others arms again.

Cut to:
They are back in Buffy’s room and they talk about everything that has happened. They are both lying down in her bed.

Buffy: The things I’ve done since you’ve been back in my life again…I don’t know if I’ve gone crazy or what but I think it was still worth it.

Spike: It was no easier for me luv. I’ve done some bloody things that I soon rather forget. I was also on the brink of losing it too.

Buffy: How did we get here? The past few weeks have been a complete blur. I don’t think my heart has known so much pain and sorrow. It’s like some part of me doesn’t feel like it’s over.

Spike: I don’t know either pet. When I died in the Hellmouth I thought I was happy. I did the right thing and finished the job. But I also knew that it was the proper send off for me. Then I came back for the first time. I ended up in LA a bloody ghost with no place to go. After I got my body back I wanted to go and see you again. At that time I didn’t know if you really loved me or not especially after all those times you let me have it. So I wanted your last image of me to be of a hero and a champion who gave his life for the good fight. That’s why I never came back sooner except one time I came looking for you.

Buffy: You did? How come I never heard about it?

Spike: Every time that I showed up looking for you I only saw that wanker Andrew. It was like we weren’t meant to see each other yet as our paths never crossed. Almost like it was supposed to happen in these past few weeks or so that we would meet again.

Buffy: That dumbass never told me you visited. But then again I hadn’t really talked to him much the time he stayed here. We were both too busy. Maybe it was good that we didn’t meet. I was going through a rough time there and I don’t think anyone could have helped me through it. I had to pull myself out of it.

Spike: Then this bloody mess with Dioxin started. Having to become William the bloody again wasn’t a pleasant experience. I hate having to believe your first image of me coming back was that of him.

Buffy: Spike like I told you before I know that wasn’t you. That was just someone who died long ago.

Spike: What happens next is I finally get my soul back again only to do the dumbest thing by leaving you again. A lot of good that did me as you had to watch me die right in front of you. Then Dioxin has me reliving all these sodding memories. I almost let him beat me but then you showed up only to have that bloody portal close on me. After that it only got worst for me there.

Buffy: What was it he had you go through after I was gone?

Spike: Not bleeding cats that’s for sure. It hurts too much to even talk about. Then he has me running around gathering demons and Slayers for his dimension. Only to try and get me to bring you back. I had come to try and get your help but you had already gone back there after me. All this mess when you think about it is completely bonkers.

Buffy: I don’t know if this is some perverse dream or what but I’ve never been happier. Will you be there when I wake up this time?

Spike: No. (Buffy looks sad) I will be there every time you wake…always.

Buffy: I love you…

Spike: I know…there’s no need to say it (Buffy starts to tear up) I can see it in your eyes luv.

Buffy: Is this real?

Spike: I don’t know (kisses her).

Buffy: (smiles) Real enough.

They enjoy a nice long laugh together. They are finally able to be happy again. Each knows that one loves the other and is willing to do anything to be back together.



fin




Yes this is the true finale of my story arc that started with William The Bloody Is Back. I never imagined that I would write a FanFic and let alone three. But this story finally gets its happy ending after everything that each other have gone through. This story ends as a trilogy and I thought it would never make it past one as I had no idea where this story was going to take me. I always intended for the my first FanFic to be a standalone but as I got into it more and more decided to continue the story. Then with my second one I was content on leaving it there but then started to think about this one and decided to finish it. I only considered writing this one if I felt it was good enough to be part of a trilogy. My first FanFic was meant to be dark and then with my second one I went even further. With this one I intended to go back to the level I established in the first one. But hopefully this story will satisfy everyone in its ending and I hope everyone enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. So again I ask for your criticisms like my other FanFics. Did you love or hate it. Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks for reading.











Mr. Gordo: (speaking childlike) Wow I can’t believe that Buffy is happy again. She was always so sad since Spike had gone away. I always knew that she loved him. She never told me for forever but I knew. I knew he was back all along but couldn’t tell Buffy. When he left again I couldn’t tell her why. Buffy had to find out for herself. I don’t know why she told me to never leave her. I’m staying right here. All that stuff that happened afterwards I couldn’t watch her do that. She hurt herself so much to get him back. In the end Buffy is happy and if she’s happy then I’m happy.

Buffy walks into her room startled as she sees Mr. Gordo in the middle of the bed and is shocked by what she just saw.

Buffy: (confused) Mr…Gordo…?






I wanted this scene left open for interpretation. Is this a dream or is this reality. If this is a dream then the whole story arc from the beginning was a dream. If this is reality then how does a stuffed animal talk. It’s really up to you the reader to interpret it as you see it. But this ending is like “Normal Again”. You could make an argument either way. But it will remain ambiguous.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=28255