The Slayers by dhwritertex
Summary: William ‘Spike’ Giles had a rocky past before he moved to America with his father Rupert Giles, which he put it back in the recesses of his mind as they began new lived in Sunnydale. A year after they moved , they met Joyce and a year after that, Rupert and the kind gallery owner entered a romantic relationship for which she moved into the Giles’ home. A year after that Buffy and Dawn entered into the picture, due to their father Hank, wanting freedom from the reasonability of having children. Thus began the love-hate relationship of Buffy and Spike. However, their junior year of high school turns into a rather interesting one.
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action, Angst
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations, Rape, Child Abuse, Spike/Other, Character Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 29 Completed: No Word count: 39389 Read: 25310 Published: 11/11/2007 Updated: 01/02/2008

1. Chapter One by dhwritertex

2. Chapter Two by dhwritertex

3. Chapter Three by dhwritertex

4. Chapter Four by dhwritertex

5. Chapter Five by dhwritertex

6. Chapter Six by dhwritertex

7. Chapter Seven by dhwritertex

8. Chapter Eight by dhwritertex

9. Chapter Nine by dhwritertex

10. Chapter Ten by dhwritertex

11. Chapter Eleven by dhwritertex

12. Chapter Twelve by dhwritertex

13. Chapter Thirteen by dhwritertex

14. Chapter Fourteen by dhwritertex

15. Chapter Fifteen by dhwritertex

16. Chapter Sixteen by dhwritertex

17. Chapter Seventeen by dhwritertex

18. Chapter Eighteen by dhwritertex

19. Chapter Nineteen by dhwritertex

20. Chapter Twenty by dhwritertex

21. Chapter Twenty One by dhwritertex

22. Chapter Twenty Two by dhwritertex

23. Chapter Twenty Three by dhwritertex

24. Chapter Twenty Four by dhwritertex

25. Chapter Twenty Five by dhwritertex

26. Chapter Twenty Six by dhwritertex

27. Chapter Twenty Seven by dhwritertex

28. Chapter Twenty Eight by dhwritertex

29. Chapter Twenty Nine by dhwritertex

Chapter One by dhwritertex
Author's Notes:
Buffy and Spike are acting out the play ‘Romeo and Juliet’.
Chapter One

There were two things running through William Giles’s (also known as Spike) mind at this moment in time. First, the tights he was currently wearing had to be the most uncomfortable thing he had ever wore, and second, Buffy Summers looked beyond gorgeous in her bodice, corset and skirts. She looked almost angelic in the sparkling white lace and sky blue bodice as she seemed to float nearer to him… Seeing his cue, he stepped out from behind the pillar prop.

He grabbed her small hand with his larger one and placed it to his lips. “If I profane with my unworthiest hand this holy shrine, the gentle fine is this: My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand to smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss.”

Buffy pulled her hand away, and almost arched a brow at his heated look, but remembered to not step out of character, and fixed a smile on Spike. “Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much, which mannerly devotion shows in this; For saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch, and palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss.”

Spike took his hand and caressed her cheek, his thumb gliding across her lower lip, his eyes mesmerized by the movement. “Have not saints’ lips and holy palmers too?”

She felt her heart begin to beat faster, her voice turned breathy. Get it together, this is only a play. “Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer.”

He took both his hands in hers, She looks so good. She smells so good. “O, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do; they pray, grant thou, lest faith turn to despair.”

Buffy’s green eyes focused on his cerulean blue ones, I swear if he later makes fun about this… “Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake.”

Spike could feel his heart beating, his voice becoming husky; I’m goin’ to get to kiss her for the first time. “Then move not, while my prayer's effect I take. Thus from my lips, by yours, my sin is purged.”

He pulled her against his body, and placed his lips against hers. It was soft and guarded as if they weren’t sure what to make of the sudden tumult of feeling spreading thorough their bodies. Spike pulled back, both of them hiding their surprise from the audience. However, their gazes between each other became lustful.

She glanced at Spike’s lips, now knowing that even if they looked firm, they were soft and tasted beyond good. “Then have my lips the sin that they have took.”

He pulled her in close again. “Sin from thy lips? O trespass sweetly urged! Give me my sin again.”

Their second kiss wasn’t as soft and guarded as the first. Her lips trembled from desire when they first touched his, but he clung to her, gliding his tongue across her bottom lip. She granted him access, opening her mouth to his, and he took the opportunity to kiss her deeper. It was both passionate and demanding, years of pent up desire and unresolved sexual tension flowing between them in the simple act. Then again, to them it was no simple act. In fact, they both had to keep themselves from moaning. They released their mouths, panting for air.

“You kiss by the book.” Buffy swallowed air and felt heat rush to her face when her best friend, Willow Rosenberg, playing as the Nurse, walked up to them.

“Madam, your mother craves a word with you.” Holy cow, Willow thought.

She and Buffy were so going to talk about this when the play was over.

Buffy nodded and walked in the direction of Cordellia Chase.

After he watched her walk off, Spike turned to Willow, his eyes still blazing with desire for Buffy. “What is her mother?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Buffy sat in her dressing room, staring at herself in the mirror, thinking about the play over and over again. All the times Spike had kissed her…

“Well, after that first scene with Romeo and Juliet, I think it’s safe to say you’ve got a yen for your stepbrother.” Willow's voice announced her appearance as the red head stopped at Buffy’s doorway.

Buffy turned to her red headed friend, a frown on her face, “No. There’s no yen of any kind.”

“Sure, and he was so not checking you out the whole time.” Willow grinned.

“He doesn’t check me out… except for that one time I accidentally walked in on him after he came out of the shower.” Buffy then rolled her eyes. “And Spike isn’t my stepbrother.”

Willow walked up to Buffy and started helping the blonde pull out all the hairpins in Buffy’s hair, “Well, your mom and Giles are as good as married. They’ve been living together for almost five years, with you and Dawn moving to Sunnydale almost four. Besides, everyone knows you have UST going on with Spike.”

“What about me, Red?” Spike asked, swaggering into the room

He had changed out of his costume and was now back in his regular clothing.

Both girls turned, Willow making an ‘eep’ noise. “Nothing Spike. Just talking with Buffy here. That’s what best friends do. Why would you think I was talking about you? Well… what if I was? It’s a free country after all… and you know what? I’m gonna stop babbling and… I think Miss Calendar is calling me.”

With a flourish, Willow left the room.

“You know,” Spike arched an eyebrow and looked back to Buffy. “I wasn’t gonna say anythin’, but sometimes you friends make me wonder about them.”

Buffy rolled her eyes and turned back to the mirror, now brushing her hair, “Go way, Spike.”

He sauntered over to her watching her brush her hair as if it were an intimate act.
When he felt the stir in his tight black jeans, he mentally kicked himself, Really, how many times have I watched Buffy brush and comb her hair? “Why aren’t you out of your dress, luv?”

“God, Spike,” Buffy huffed. “You think you’re that good? That every woman that you come across, find you so irresistible, that they just take their clothes off?”

He grinned at that, “No, pet. What I meant was; why haven’t you changed?”

“Oh,” Buffy felt her face flush in embarrassment. “I couldn’t get out of this dress and Miss Calendar was busy helping the other girls…. What are you doing!?”

Spike had gone behind her and began undoing the strings the held the sky blue bodice, “What’s it look like?”

She pulled her hair out of the way, giving him a tantalizing view of her slender unmarred neck, “Better not try anything, mister.”

“Like what?” He said thickly, placing his lips to the column of her throat. “This?”

She felt her heart starting to beat rapidly when he began kissing, licking and nibbling her tender skin, “Don’t.”

“Oh, I think the lady doth protest too much.” He said, pulling the bodice free and began pulling on the strings to her corset.

“Shut up.” She replied, reaching an arm and bringing his lips to hers.

She kissed him, automatically letting his mouth and tongue explore hers, and sighed loving his taste. He pulled open the corset, his hand journeying to the front where her right breast had spilled out, and covered it. She moaned into his mouth, feeling him caress and kneading her, then out another moan when his fingers circled around her areola and began tweaking her nipple.

“Give me one good reason,” Spike groaned, his voice almost a growl. “Why I shouldn’t pick you up an’ fuck you against this counter.”

Buffy felt a sudden rush of wetness between her thighs and could only answer him with another moan, kissing him harder. She held on him as if life depended on it, her fingers threading through his platinum blonde hair, holding him in place.

“Hey, Buff-Great Merciful Zeus!” At hearing her other best friend, Xander Harris’s exclamation, the teens shot away from each other, Buffy pulling her corset up against her and Spike pulling his duster around himself.

They turned to see Buffy’s cousin, Anya Jenkins, covering Xander’s eyes with a hand, a smile on her face, “Buffy, Xander and I wanted to say good job on the play, and since you’re here too, Spike, good job as Romeo. Also, your dad’s looking for you.”

Spike sighed, “An’ that’s my cue to leave.” He then gave Buffy a heated glance. “See you in a few minutes.”

Xander got Anya’s hands off his face, only to turn red when he saw the flushed look on Buffy's face, “Um… I’ll wait out here while you change.”

Anya closed the door and turned to Buffy, “Wow. And I thought the play had been hot.”

Buffy flushed and turned away from her cousin, “I swear something must be wrong with me.”

“No,” Anya assured as Buffy finished undressing, and put the dress on a hanger. “There’s nothing wrong with wanting Spike to give you many orgasms. And, sorry about that, you looked pretty close.”

Buffy closed her eyes and tried to will away the redness in her face as she pulled on tight blue jeans, a white bra, and a white tank-top, “Oh, God. How am I going to live through this? I freaking live with him.”

“Well,” Anya smiled as she handed Buffy socks and shoes and put the whole costume in the closet. “You could always just let him give you orgasms.”

Buffy gave Anya a annoyed look, “You know that’s not going to happen.”

Anya sighed and hugged her cousin, “Never say never. But… just do what makes you happy.”

As soon as the girls left the dressing room Buffy gave her goodbyes to Xander and Anya, only to run into her mother and sister.

“That was a wonderful play!” Joyce Summers congratulated excitedly as she put her arms around her daughter.

Buffy blushed, “I did have fun learning about William Shakespeare and getting to play the part of Juliet.”

“And kissing Spike!” Dawn teased then began to chant. “Spike and Buffy sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-”

Dawn was silenced by her mother’s stern look.

“Yeah, um… about that-” Buffy saw Spike and Rupert Giles heading towards them. “Can I go spend the night a Willow’s?” Avoidance much, Buffy?

“Sorry, Buffy,” Giles declined upon hearing her request to her mother. “We’re all going to spend a day at Santa Monica.”

“We’re goin’ on a trip?” Spike wondered, his eyes not leaving Buffy’s.

“Yes, all five of us are going. It will be so nice.” Joyce replied excitedly.

Hearing all of this, Buffy set her mind at what she was going to do. She looked back to Spike, her eyes never wavering from his. She wasn’t ready for a relationship with him. Her mind made up, as soon as she got home, she was going to lock her bedroom door and start packing her things.

She simply couldn’t live under the same roof as him. Relationships never worked out for her. Well, at least her relationship with guys. First, there was Ford, back at Hemery. He had spread nasty false rumors about her, simply because she wouldn’t sleep with him. Which had followed her to Sunnydale. Second, there was her father, who had left her mother, her sister, and her. Just because he wanted to be with his secretary from his office. Last there was Riley, who had believed the rumors and continued them when Buffy wouldn’t give it up at a party after a big football game. Well, her relationship with Spike, that could be counted also. They were never friends, not even in the beginning when they first met. She knew he wanted her, had known since their first year of high school. And she was sure that all he was looking for was another notch on his belt. A conquest he had won. And she couldn’t give him that because she wasn’t made that way. One night stands were so not for her.

So, she would be going to L.A. to live with her father, Hank Summers. Maybe he would take in his daughter, feeling the need to make up for past wrongs.
Chapter Two by dhwritertex
Author's Notes:
First scene is taken from the 1992 movie, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, with some revamping. Second scene is taken from Season One’s ‘Prophesy Girl’ with revamping.
Chapter Two

“Bye!” Buffy called after her friends as they left her alone on the empty field.

Looking around to see if anyone is watching her, she shrugged and decided to do the routine she and the rest of her squad had just learned. She ran to the middle of the field and jumped, flying into an extraordinary series of gymnastic flips and cartwheels. She smiled as she rolled into one final flip. If only Cordellia Chase, Sunnydale cheerleader extraordinaire, could see her now. As soon as she landed on her feet, she saw a man standing before her. She screamed in surprise and stepped back.

“God, where the hell did you come from?” Buffy asked, gathering her nerves. “You scared me to death.”

“I’m sorry. That was impressive. The… tumbling.” the man’s voice was clipped and British.

It reminded her of Giles. She frowned as her mind went back to the years she had lived in Sunnydale. Thoughts and memories of a certain bleached someone…

She saw that the stranger was waiting for reply and pushed her past behind her mind once more. “What? Oh. I used to do gymnastics when I was a kid. Are you looking for someone?”

“I’m looking for you actually,” the man said.

She frowned once again. “Am I in trouble or something?”

He gave her a half smile. “Not at all. My name is Merrick. I was sent to find you some time ago. Just a few days ago. I should have found you much sooner but there were... complications. You should have been taught, prepared.”

A perfectly shaped eyebrow rose at his answer. “What are you talking about?”

“I've searched the entire world for you, Buffy.” Well, maybe not as dramatic, but hey, he needed to get a point across.

“Why?”

“To bring you... your birthright.”

Buffy tilted her head. “My birthright? You mean, like a trust fund?”

Merrick just looked at her as if she were talking in some foreign language.

Buffy continued on. “I had a trust fund my great-grandfather, or maybe it was an inheritance, 'cause he's dead, and I spent it on shoes.”

“You must come with me.” Merrick told her. “It's much too late already. You must come with me to the graveyard.”

She gave him an odd look. “Wait a minute. My birthright is in the graveyard?” Seeing that this guy was clearly insane, she turned around and headed off the field. “Later!” She shouted over her shoulder then, muttered to herself. “Not.”

“Wait!” Merrick called as he ran after her, soon catching up.

“You're one of those skanky old men that, like, attack girls and stuff. Forget you,” Buffy opted to see if he would leave her alone with a lie. “My, um, my boyfriend is gonna be here in about thirty seconds, and he's way testy.”

“You don't understand. You have been Chosen.” Merrick grabbed her arm and pulled it so she faced him.

“Chosen to go to the graveyard? Why don't you just take the first runner up, okay?” Buffy said exasperated.

“You must believe me.” He insisted. “You must come with me while there's still time.”

“Time to do what?” She asked, cautiously.

“To stop the killing. To stop the vampires.” He said seriously. “The Vampire Slayer.”

“Let me get this straight.” She looked over his state of dress. “You're like, this greasy bum, and I have to go to the graveyard with you 'cause I'm Chosen, a Vampire Slayer, and there's vampires.”

“Yes.” Merrick nodded.

Buffy narrowed her eyes. “Does Elvis talk to you? Tell you to do things? Do you see spots?”

Merrick sighed. “I don't have time for your prattling.”

Buffy turned on her heals to leave. “Just stay away from me, okay?”

He thought of a way to make her stop. “Did you ever dream that you were someone else?”

It was effective. She stopped and with a face of recognition, she turned back to him. “Everybody does.”

“In the past,” Merrick clarified. “A girl. Maybe... A Magyar peasant. An Indian princess. A slave.”

“I was a slave.” Buffy replied softly.

Merrick nodded. “In Virginia.”


“I don't know. It was...” Buffy thought for a moment. “There was a big gram or something. And there's one, I was a girl fighting in a temple.”

“China.” He told her.

Buffy’s eyes went wide. “Oh, my God. I never told anybody about this. I remember the one about the peasant, too. God, there's a bunch. Is this, like channeling or something?”

Merrick just rolled his eyes.

Buffy just continued on. “I had a dream once where I was... There was like, knights in it, and I worked in this bar. And I... was fighting. I'm always fighting. And there's a guy... He's not always there, but he's horrible, all pale, and he's always... trying to kill me.”

“Lothos.” Merrick said.

“How do you know all of this?” Buffy wondered.

“I have to show you.” Merrick replied.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A few days earlier in The Master’s lair…

Spike’s cousin, Angel Giles, and Xander stopped when they came across Spike’s prone form face down on the ground in a pool of water.

Angel ran to Spike and pulled him up. “He’s dead!”

Xander was frozen in place, looking down at them. He swallowed hard. “No. He’s not dead.”

There was no way that his new best friend was dead. He refused to believe it.

“He's not breathing.” Angel said, tears in his eyes.

Xander then looked hopeful. “But if he drowned, uh, there's a shot! CPR!”

“You have to do it.” Angel told him. “I don’t know how to.”

Xander rushed to Spike’s side and put his mouth on the peroxide teen’s, blowing into Spike’s lunges. He let go of his best friend and began to pump Spike’s chest.”

“C'mon. C'mon!” Xander began to shout.

“Come on, breathe dammit!” Angel pleaded.

“C'mon! I swear, Spike, if you live, I will never make fun of your stupid hair ever again!” Xander wept.

After another moment Xander stopped pumping and sat back in the dirt. Angel hung his head low in defeat. A second later, Angel and Xander looked up when Spike opened his eyes and drew in a breath. He then laid still and looked around for a moment.

“Spike!” Xander cried out with happiness.

Spike turned his head to the side and coughed out a bunch of water. Xander and Angel look at each other and smiled. Xander helped Spike up to a sitting position.

Spike looked between his cousin and best friend, “Xander? Angel?”

Angel just smiled. “Welcome back, cousin.”

“Remind me to never die again,” Spike said hoarsely and then stood up. “Now, I think it’s time for me to kick The Master’s ass. Show him not to mess with a Slayer.”
Chapter Three by dhwritertex
Author's Notes:
To get rid of any confusion, Spike took Buffy's place as the Slayer in Season One. When Spike drowned, Buffy was called, much like when Buffy drowned in the series and Kendra took her place. Also, when Merrick said he had been looking for Buffy for a long time, he was exaggerating. It only took him a few days to find her after Spike died.
Chapter Three

Buffy sat on the couch in her… well, once again, her living room. She was lost in her thoughts. Merrick… he was dead, Because of her. She clenched her jaw and grimaced, Because of Lothos.

Joyce, who was sitting next to Buffy, looked to the husband she had for the past year now, Rupert Giles, “Hank said she has been distant. He couldn’t take her attitude, so he sent her back.”

Giles sat down across from Buffy, in his favorite arm chair, “I just got off the phone with the Watcher’s Council. The reason Buffy made that fire at Hemery was because she was saving the school from vampires.”

Joyce was shocked beyond disbelief, “From vampires? Surly, my daughter’s not…”

Giles put his hand over his face, “She was called the new Vampire Slayer the night William died.”

Buffy’s mother tried to remain calm and took a steady breath. “Spike is still alive.”

Giles gave her a reassuring smile. “Yes, he is. But the fact still remains… my son… was dead for a few moments.”

At those words, even though she didn’t hear them, only announced to her that there were people sitting with her, Buffy looked up. “So mom, you’re married to Giles now?”

Joyce smiled at hearing her daughter’s voice for the first time since Hank had brought her home, “I am.”

Buffy nodded her head. She then thought of her little sister. “How’s Dawn?”

Giles grinned. “She’s great as ever. Just the other day she and Spike-”

Buffy looked sharply to Giles, “Spike. Where is he?”

Giles frowned a bit. “He should be home soon. Why?”

Buffy shook her head. “Last night, I had a dream… it’s nothing.”

“You dreamed that he had died.” Giles said gravely, understanding the shift in her mood.

The teen glanced back up at her stepfather. “How-”

“Buffy, I am also a Watcher-” Giles was interrupted himself.

Buffy shot up out of her seat, screaming, “I quit! You can’t make me… I won’t… I don’t care!”

Joyce took Buffy’s hand, which the girl swatted it away, “Honey, Rupert-”

Giles kept his voice calm as his eyes never left Buffy’s, “If you don’t care, then why did you ask about my son?”

“To tell you that... I don't care, which... I don't, and... now told you, so…” Buffy stopped her muttering and sat back down.

Just then the door barged open with Spike holding a broken axe.

“Da, I’m sorry but…” His voice died away when he saw the girl that had plagued his dreams for the past year sitting on the couch next to his stepmother.

Buffy stood back up and eyed him warily. “What are you doing with an axe?”

Spike ignored the question and narrowed his eyes in confusion, commenting on her accent that was soon waning over the amount of time she had been away from her L.A. friends. “Did you leave an’ become a valley girl or somethin’?”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “I can see you haven’t changed much.”

Spike put the axe down. “More than you would know.”

Buffy arched an eyebrow and crossed her arms, “Is that right?”

He stood up to her, nose to nose. “Are you lookin’ for fight?”

Buffy felt her female pride and the Slayer in her to rise. “I’m sorry. I don’t play with boys.”

Spike arched his scarred eyebrow. “Is that why you left? You didn’t want to… play with me? Or were you scarred of what was to… come?”

The next thing Spike saw, along with her face full of self righteous indignation, was her fist. The punched to his nose sent him across the room into the wall.

Buffy’s eyes went wide. She hadn’t meant use that much force on him, especially since he was a… normal… human – What the hell!?

“Buffy!” Joyce stood up and reprimanded as Spike shot up, holding his nose.

“Da, Joyce, leave, Buffy’s some sort of demon.” It was the only thing he could think of to explain her superhuman strength.

“Did you just call me a demon? And what the hell are you?” Buffy noticed that the blood on the peroxide teen’s nose had gone away.

Giles rolled his eyes, “William, Buffy is-”

Spike rushed the blonde, sending them both out the window onto the front lawn. Recovering from the ground, they both went into a series of punches and kicks, with Joyce yelling after them, “You both broke the window! You both are grounded!”

“What kind of demon are you!” Spike demanded, punching Buffy.

Buffy’s head snapped back, but she held her ground. “I’m not a demon. I’m the Slayer. What are you?”

Spike paused in just enough time to have his legs kicked causing him to topple over. Buffy straddled him, holding a stake against his chest.

“Are you a vampire?” She demanded for him to answer.

Spike pushed himself up on his forearms, “Did you say you were the Slayer?”

She leaned back, “Yes.”

He shook his head. “That’s not possible. I’m the Slayer.”

Then Buffy realized it. He had no signs of being a vampire. She could feel his heart beating fast from the rush of their fight and noticed that he wasn’t cold at all. He was warm and… Buffy shot off his lap, having felt his reaction to having her on top of him.

She pocketed her stake in the waist band of her jeans. “Well, I can tell you, I am the Slayer.”

Spike stood up and put his hands in the pockets of his duster when he saw his father heading towards them with a disapproving look on his face. Pulling the duster around himself, he effectively hid his reaction to the fighting from Giles.

“William, you bloody know well not to rush into things without explanation. There are certain measures one must take when fighting-” Giles was stopped short.

“I don’t live by the rules anymore. Or haven’t you noticed?” Spike said bitterly. “I tend to die that way.”

Buffy finally met Spike’s eyes, “You did… I saw…”

Giles sighed. “Spike, Buffy is a Vampire Slayer. She was called the moment you drowned.”

Spike glanced at Buffy in disbelief and back to his father. “No. Not her.”

Giles nodded. “It is true.”

Buffy felt light headed. No, this couldn’t be happening. First Merrick… Now Spike… but, he was still alive… but he had… Buffy took off into the house.

Spike had watched her go looking as if the hounds of hell where after her. Maybe they where… “What’s wrong with her?”

Giles put a shoulder around Spike as they headed into the house. “Her Watcher had died a few days ago. I can only guess with all this excitement on top of that has her very confused and upset.”

“What are you going to do?” Spike wondered as father and son climbed the porch stairs.

Giles looked at Spike pointedly. “First I am hiring the both of you to work at the Magic Box so I get compensation for the damage your fight had caused.” He then added softly. “But most importantly, be there for Buffy. She is going through a hard time and she will need all the help she can get. After all, she’s not only my other Slayer now, she’s also my stepdaughter.”

Spike then stopped at the front door, fear overcoming him. “Mum, Joyce…. she isn’t…”

Giles laughed. “Just be glad she gave up and went to bed in a huff of anger. I can’t guarantee how she will be in the morning though.”
Chapter Four by dhwritertex
Chapter Four

Joyce watched at Buffy stared at the building of Sunnydale High School. She felt her heart tug, seeing depression under the thick cloud of mixed relief and nervousness in the teen’s green eyes.

“Honey, why did you leave in the first place?” Joyce asked her daughter tentatively.

Buffy looked to her mother unsure what to say. She went with the truth. “I was scared.”

Joyce put a hand on Buffy’s shoulder, “About what sweetie?”

Buffy sighed. “There was this thing… between me and Spike. I wasn’t ready for a relationship, so I ran.”

Her mother nodded her head in understanding. “You know, the past year Spike had been moping around the house. Since the time you left. He got defensive or left the room whenever you were mentioned in conversation… he never said it, but I knew he missed you.”

Buffy wiped her eyes. “He really died.”

Joyce felt her eyes well up in tears. “Xander brought him back by CPR.”

The bell rang for school to being, to which Buffy opened the car door. “See you later mom.”

“Buffy.” The girl stopped and turned to her mother’s call. She saw a smile on the older woman’s face. “Try not to get kicked out.”

Buffy grinned for the first in what it seemed like a whole time. “I promise.”

At that Buffy faced the school, taking a deep breath.

In front of the building Xander was weaving through the crowd of students, rolling on his skateboard. “'Scuse me, comin' through, pardon me, 'scuse me, whoa! 'Scuse
me, not sure how to stop! Please move, whoa, 'scuse me...” He saw a flash of long blonde hair out the corner of his eye and looked up to see Buffy entering the school. “Whoa!”

He stared at her, disbelieving that she was back, not noticing that he was heading right for the stair railing. He crashed into and fell beneath it, grunting in pain.

Willow walked up to him and stepped over him to prevent from tripping over his legs.

“I’m okay. I feel good.” Xander looked up to see Willow and stood up. “Willow! You're so very much the person that I wanted to see!”

Willow tilted her head. “What are you doing on the ground? And shouldn’t you be off somewhere with Anya?”

“Buffy’s back.” He blurted.

Willow’s face grew serious. “What? Does Spike know? Does-”

“I don’t know. I saw her walk into the building.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Buffy sat at a chair in the principal’s office, her school records open on Principal Snyder’s desk.

“Buffy Summers, senior, late of Hemery High in Los Angeles, interesting record, quite a career…” The snobbish man stated. He sat in front of her, leaning on his desk. “Welcome back to Sunnydale. Can’t say I’ll be excited to see what kind of delinquent you are.”

Buffy frowned. “I know my transcripts are a little... colorful.”

“Do you think, uh, ‘colorful' is the word?” He asked as he tapped the paper. “Not, uh, 'dismal'?”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Wasn't that bad!”

Snyder looked at her pointedly. “You burnt down the gym.”

Buffy exhaled. “I did, I really did, but... You're not seeing the big picture here, I mean, that gym was full of vampi... asbestos.”

The principal put the paper back in his filing cabinet. “Your class schedule is with the secretary. I’ll be watching you, Summers.”

Sighing, Buffy left the office, her schedule in hand, not noticing when a girl knocked into her causing her purse to fall and spill all over the hall way, “I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.” The girl said as she walked away.

“I think that was Harmony…” Buffy looked down to see the mess on the ground. “Oh…”

Xander turned around hearing the spill, and saw Buffy on the ground picking up her things. He went to her and helped her pick up the mess. “You know, it’s kind of crazy. Not hearing from you in a whole year.”

“What?” Buffy looked up to see one of her best friends from the past. “Xander.”

He chuckled nervously. “We all missed you. Hell, I think even Cordy missed you.”

Buffy gave him a smile. Suddenly, it felt like things would get better. “I’m back now.”

Buffy stood up her purse in hand. Seeing one more strewn item, Xander bent down and handed it to her.

“Here’s your…” His eyes lit in confusion. “Stake?”

“Now, luv, don’t you think that’s a little extreme?” A smooth British voiced spoke, startling them. “You can’t really use that at this time of day.”

Buffy whirled around to see Spike leaning on a locker, his hands in the pocket of his black duster, “Hey, I didn’t see you this morning.”

Xander stood off to the side, watching their exchange, “I’m guessing you carrying a stake around isn’t a big deal…” He looked to his best friend. “Spike?”

Spike just shrugged. A moment later, Willow walked over to the trio with Angel, Anya, and Tara.

Anya hugged her cousin excitedly. “I’m family and you didn’t even call me.”

“Sorry.” Buffy apologized softly and saw how at ease Spike was with her friends. “So, what’s been going on? Oh, and what happened to Principal Flutie? Cause I got to tell you, Snyder isn’t that friendly.”

Spike was the one to speak. “Flutie was eaten by students that were possessed with Hyena Spirits.”

Willow paled. “Right, Ha! Good joke!”

“Guys, Buffy is the new Vampire Slayer. She was called after I died.” Spike announced.

There was a pregnant silence at which Willow interrupted with a nervous laugh. “Yeah, it wasn’t a joke.”

Buffy put her face in her hands. “Not this town.”

“W-What do you mean by that?” Tara asked.

Buffy looked up. “Does this town have vampires?”

Xander nodded. “That, among other evil things.”

“That fire at Hemery, was that you?” Anya asked.

Buffy sighed, “Yeah. Vampires decided to ruin the ‘Hug the World’ dance.” She looked between them all. “So, you guys, what? Banded together?”

Willow smiled. “Yeah, were the Scoobies.”

Spike rolled his eyes. “They came up with the name.”

“Well, we’re also called the Slayerettes,” Willow grinned and turned to Buffy. “Tara and I, we’re the witches-”

“I help with the fighting and well, Cordy, she’s just around cause she’s with me now.” Angel continued the introduction.

“Anya’s good with the research and I help with the fighting too…” Xander frowned at that. “Well, not so much as the fighting and getting beat down… But hey! I can whittle stakes! That’s what I do.”

Willow looked at her watched. “Well, look at the time. The bell’s going to ring soon. What class do you have, Buffy?”

Buffy looked at her paper and grimaced. “History.”

The redhead took the blonde’s arm, “We’ll have fun passing notes and catching up on our lives.”

Spike watched as Buffy walked off, feeling a sense of… of something. “Buffy!”

Buffy stopped and turned around, “Yeah?”

He refused to let his nervousness show. “I’ll see you later.”
Chapter Five by dhwritertex
Author's Notes:
Thanks for all the great reviews :) I hope you all continue to enjoy the story :)
Chapter Five

“Willow told me mostly everything.”

Spike looked up from his spot on the bench during gym class, seeing Buffy standing over him, watching him.

He watched her face, watched the way her green eyes sparkled… God, I still love her. “Well, it was an interesting junior year after you left. Should have came early to see to the interesting start of our senior year.”

Buffy sat down next to him. “So, let me get this straight… Amy’s mom was a witch, a Praying Mantis demon took the form of a substitute teacher, the Hyena Spirit, the whole thing about the Anointed one and the Master, nightmares coming to life- or in your case unlife- a puppet that kills demons, an invisible girl, and the whole prophesy with your death.” She then arched an eyebrow. “What happened at the beginning of the year?”

He shrugged his shoulders. “The Anointed One tried to raise the Master and there was the whole thing with students trying to make the perfect girl out of dead girl’s parts.”

“Darn, sounds like I missed a good time.” She commented sarcastically.

He closed his notebook that he had been writing in. “Besides the whole thing with Darla, that about sums it up.”

She stiffened at that. “Darla?”

“One of the Master’s Childer,” He shrugged, resentment and hatred shimmering in his blue eyes for a moment. “Took off after I killed the Master. Probably figured it would be better for her health if she didn‘t stick around.”

“Went to me... Well, not exactly me, but she was with Lothos,” Buffy stood up, not noticing the concern flash in his eyes. “But, I didn’t get a chance to kill her either… So, why is Sunnydale such a popular place for demons now?”

Spike had to grin at that. “Always has been, we just didn’t notice it… since you’ve become the Slayer… you don’t know, about this town?”

She titled her head. “It’s two hours off the freeway from Neimen Marcus?”

He chuckled, “Sunnydale is a Hellmouth, luv.”

Buffy nodded. “Huh.”

He could tell she still didn’t understand. “You’ll have to talk to da to understand it.”

She looked him over. “What has been up with you? You’ve been all… bad moody.”

“Right,” he stood up to her. “The thing is, you left.”

She put her hands on her hips. “I’m so not talking to you about that.”

“But it’s about me, innit? You left because you were scared about what we could have had-”

“Spike-”

“We kissed, Buffy.” His eyes held her intently.

She rolled her eyes, “We where playing our parts as Romeo and Juliet. Which I still don’t understand why Mrs. Calendar gave you the part of Romeo. No where in Shakespeare does it say that Romeo had platinum blonde hair, bordering on the white side. And how did you pull off that accent? You sounded almost as tweedy as Giles.”

“Those kisses weren’t really actin’ an’ you know it,” He narrowed his cerulean blue eyes. “’Sides, you are just as much as a bottle blonde as I am, only golden.”

She crossed her arms over her chest defensively, “So what. We kissed. For the play. I just thank God we only had to do the play that once.”

Spike got so close to her, they could feel the heat radiating from between them, “You know that wasn’t just the play. It was something else.”

“Yeah, disgust.” Buffy rolled her eyes, tucking a lose strand of golden hair behind her ear.

“You keep tellin’ yourself that, pet. But I know different. It was all Gone With the Wind with the risin’ music an’ the… risin’ music,” He grabbed her, pulling her flush against his lean hard body. “What about later in your dressin’ room? If it hadn’t been for Xander and your cousin, I could have fucked you till we both couldn’t stand. You know it too ‘cause that’s why you ran to your room when we got home, virtue a-flutter, an’ locked the door. ‘M surprised you didn’t kick me in the head first.”

“Let go of me, Captain Peroxide.” Buffy held her hands against his chest.

And he had a very nice chest from what it felt like. She absently wondered what kind of body he hid underneath his punkish style kind of clothing… No! Bad Buffy! No sexy Spike thoughts!

His face softened, his eyes lowered, his tongue curled behind his teeth, and his voice a low baritone, making her stomach do flip-flops, “Make me.”

Her eyes darted between his lips and his eyes, her lashes lowered, and a sly smiled spread across her face as she thought of a way to distract him enough to free herself. “And what are you gonna do if I stop you?”

“See, I hardly think you’ll do anything.” He said lowering a hand on her waist.

“Oh really?” Her question ended of with an sharp intake of breath, when his hand found it’s way past the denim of her pants and his fingers manipulating her clit.
So much for the distraction.

He looked down, noticing the way her hips began to move against his hand. “See, Goldilocks? It never ended where we left off.”

“Good Godfrey Cambridge, Spike!” The two teens turned to see Xander standing before them, to which they broke away from each other.

Spike sighed. “If you weren’t my best friend, I’d seriously be pissed.” He then gave the brunette a frown. “Why is it that you always interrupt?”

Buffy looked between the two. “Hey! You know what! I think the bell’s gonna ring soon!” And with that, she took off into the direction of the school.

Xander turned to Spike. “Sorry about that. But you do know, you both could have been seen by other people, right?” Spike chose his response as a continued frown. “Well, anyway, Giles wants you in the library. There’s a prophecy of some sort.”

Spike sighed. “Let’s hope it has nothing about me an’ little vampire kids, an’ dyin’. Again.”
Chapter Six by dhwritertex
Chapter Six

It had gone impossibly quiet as Spike and his friends sat around the library, taking in the words that Giles had told them all. Just then, Buffy chose to enter the gloomy atmosphere on unawares, the double doors slamming behind her as she looked around the group. She instantly noticed the sour looks on each of their faces.

Willow and Tara were sitting at one of the tables, each holding each other’s hands… Wait, since when was Willow gay? Last she remembered, Willow was dating a guy named ‘Oz’ from the band, Dingoes Ate My Baby. There was Xander, a frown on his face as he continuously carved a stake, unaware that it was already sharp, with Anya sitting next to him, her eyes, unfocused and brimming with unshed tears as she continued to turn the pages of the book she clearly wasn’t reading. Angel was leaning against a bookshelf, his hands covering his face with Cordellia in a nearby armchair, checking the paint on her nails. Her face however showed emotion that she did really care about whatever was said.

Buffy looked to the right to see Giles cleaning his glasses. She was alerted to Spike’s presence when he stood up from sitting from the stairs. “I miss something?” At her words, everyone looked to her, realizing the entrance of the second Slayer.

There was suddenly a hollow laugh and everyone looked to Spike’s direction.

“Isn’t this just great?” He laughed, but there was no mirth shown in his face. He then looked to his father. “Tell me, do you think I’ll be able to beat this? Or should I just fucking give up and hope that who ever up there is watching me decides that I get a chance for a slot in Heaven?”

Buffy took in a sharp breath. “You’re not going to die.”

He strode over and picked up the book next to Giles and through it across the library to hit a wall loudly, causing everyone to jump and leave a dent in the paint. “Like Hell I won’t! I did last time!”

“William-” Giles went to say but was cut off.

Spike rounded on him, his face turning red with his yelling. “I HATE that name! Don’t call me it AGAIN! I go by ‘Spike’ now, alright, dad? William was a little scared boy who didn’t do so much as anything while vampires… while they did unspeakable things and cause me to kill MUM!”

The shock on everyone’s face was evident with this new information from the one-sided argument between father and son.

Giles felt his heart clench. “That wasn’t your fault.”

Spike laughed hollowly again. “Yeah, and I suppose isn’t wasn’t my fault when Darla took my innocence either.”

With that he strode out of the library, the doors slamming behind him loudly.

Buffy felt intense rage flare inside her. “What the hell?”

Giles looked around the room to see everyone’s eyes on him. He went back to the task of cleaning his glasses.

“I thought she died from sickness.” Angel’s voice broke the momentary silence.

Giles sighed, putting his glasses back on the bridge of his nose and chuckled bitterly. “And choose to go with the truth? That Anne and Spike where kidnapped and resulted in her death and his defilement?”

“W-what happened?” Tara uncharacteristically spoke up.

“It was two years ago before we moved to Sunnydale,” Giles began his eyes becoming unfocused as he began the story. “I was working late at the British Museum. But of course I was also a Watcher at the time, so I was also looking out to see any disturbances in the area due to demonic activity. Even if I didn’t have charge of a Slayer, hadn’t even met one yet, it was still my duty to look out for the welfare for the community. When I finally arrived home, I saw that Anne and Wil- Spike wasn’t there. In there place was a note left for me to read. They were taken to an old railroad station and if I wanted them back, I was to give them a book of strong magic that would help them release The Master from his imprisonment…”

Nine Years Ago…

Nine year old William could feel the intense pain causing his head to throb as he struggled to fight his blurred vision as he looked around to figure out where he was. He moved as if to reach for his glasses, but found that he couldn’t move his arms.

“Looking for these, Willy?” A female voice purred over his shoulder from the right.

Suddenly, his vision was clear when his glasses were put on, his eyes meeting cold brown ones.

“The name’s Darla, honey. And don’t be too scared…” The blonde then grinned. “I take that back. Be scared all you want.”

Her face changed then, her eyes turning amber yellow, and the smooth planes of her forehead became ridged. Her smile showed glistening fangs. William screamed, fear overcoming him at the sight of this creature. She personified all the evil he had ever heard of, had ever dreamed of.

“So, my pure William, you’ve never seen a vampire before?”

A scream sounded and he looked over to see his mother trying to fight against three male vampires as they attacked her, brutally biting her at every spot that showed her flesh. They began to rip at her clothes.

Tears falling from his young eyes, William looked away, trying to block out the sounds flesh hitting flesh, and nonstop screams echoing in the dark room.

Darla glided her hand across his face. “You’ve never seen sex either? What a sheltered child you are.”

He looked back to her, his face smeared with wet tears mixed with soot. His eyes showed hatred and determination. “I’ll bloody kill you.”

Darla took both his cheeks in her hand and pulled him closer to her face. “Good boys don’t use such language.” She gave him a quick peck on the lips, then backed away laughing. “You better hope Ripper comes here soon with that book.”

She then left the room. The screams stopped, which caused William to look to the direction of his mother. The three vampires stood up and dragged her body out of the room. Seeing he was alone, he began to struggle at his restraints. Hours later, with his wrists bleeding and shoulders sore, the rope broke, due to being old and frayed. He crashed to the ground, the noise alerting one of the three male vampires. Hearing someone approach the door, William grabbed a hold of a broken wooden pole and stood next to the door and waited. As soon as the door opened, he took a swing, hitting the vampire on the back of the head. The vampire fell to the floor and he took the opportunity to take the broken end and stabbed the vampire through the back into the heart. Utter amazement went across the young boy’s face as the vampire turned to dust before his very eyes. So the wooden stake to the heart thing was true.

Holding the makeshift stake, he left the room, seeing the a second male vampire enter from another door. Seeing the boy clutching the pole, the vampire started after him, kicking William to the ground. But as the vampire launched himself towards the prone boy, William grabbed the pole once again and held it away from his body causing the vampire to impale himself on the pole. Shakily William stood up, and started for the door when the figure of a woman enter the room.

William stopped in his tracks. “Mother?”

Anne drew near, as if she wasn’t the slightest hurt. Which her appearance told another story. “Oh, William, you're so…” She touched his face lightly. “Tender.”
“I freed myself, mum. Killed most of the vampires. Come, let us get out of here.” he took her hand, noticing it felt cold to the touch.

She smiled. “Ah, yes. Us.”

“No worries,” he assured her. Pulling on her arm as he started towards the door. “We’ll be back to Da in no time. We’ll put his behind us. He’ll take us around town to improve our spirits. Theater, perhaps. Dancing? Tell me,” He turned back to her. “What's your pleasure?”

She tilted her head. “Pleasure? To take my leave of you, of course. I feel extraordinary. It's as though I've been given new eyes. I see everything. Understand…” Sh looked over her son and frowned. “Everything.”

He stopped, disturbed at her words. “Mum?”

“I hate to be cruel - No, I don't. I used to hate to be cruel in life. Now, I find it rather freeing. Nothing less will pry your greedy little fingers off my apron strings, will it?”

“Stop. Please.”

She walked closer to him. “Ever since the day you first slithered from me like a parasite…”

Tears began to brim his eyes. “What're you s-”

Anne continued with her cruel words. “Had I known better, I could have spared myself a lifetime of tedium and just dashed your brains out when I first saw you.”

William let the tears fall. “Mum, I swear, I didn’t mean… I’ll be different, from now on.”

She snickered, and drew closer, causing him to move backwards. “Darling, it's who you'll always be. A limp... sentimental fool,” she backed him up against a wall. “You want to run, don't you? Scamper off and cry. Do you think you'll be able to love another as you do me?” she leaned in close to William, invading his personal space. “Think you'll be able to touch a woman without feeling me?” he looked around the room, panicked and disgusted, looking for a way to escape the apparent disturbing situation. “All you ever wanted was to be back inside,” she an her hands over his face, his body. “You finally got your wish, didn't you? Let her sink her teeth into me. An eternal kiss.”

He shook his head. “No. I-I didn’t-”

“You wanted them all to put their hands on me,” his mother accused him. “It gave you satisfaction, watching them. Perhaps you'd like a chance to finish off what they started.”

He pushed her away. “I love you! You were my world!” He then looked away from her. “Not now... not like this.”

“Just like this. This is what you always wanted. Who's my little prince?” she leaned into him, trying to kiss him.

William pushed her away, knocking her down. “NO!”

“Get out. Get out!” she stood, grabbing the forgotten broken wooden pole a began swinging it at him. He struggled with her, and got a good hold of it, grabbing it from her hands. His mother’s face changed into the very demons that had attacked them. “There, there, precious. It will only hurt for a moment.”

“I'm sorry.” William said in a small voice as he drove the wooden shaft into his mother’s heart.

Her vampire face melted away, leaving the sympathetic face of his mother to stare at him in shock for an instant before she turned into dust before his eyes.

As the dust settled, William saw Darla leaning against the door, a smirk on her face. “Did you like my present, my William?”

In blinding rage he practically flew at her. “You crazy bint!”

Darla overcame his attack and rolled on top of him, sending the makeshift stake across the room. “Not as crazy as she was. But…” she licked the side of his neck. “I did see her point.”

“What?” William practically growled as he tried to buck her off of him.

“You be a good boy and maybe I’ll let you enjoy it.” she thrust her fangs into his neck and drained him only, until his movements became sluggish as if he were drugged.
Chapter Seven by dhwritertex
Chapter Seven

Present Day

“Oh my God.” Anya’s voice rang out, interrupting the story.

Giles once again went to the task of cleaning his glasses. “You can guess what she did to him when he was basically paralyzed from the lack of blood.”

Tears ran down Willow’s eyes. “He was only nine.”

“But why should that matter?” Xander commented bitterly. “Vampires are vile, evil things.”

“W-what h-happened? D-did you save h-him?” Tara asked.

Giles shook his head, “I was too late.”

“Then how did he get away? Cordellia asked what everyone wanted to know.

“She left him alone when she was done with him, in search for me, to which gave him enough time to regain some strength…” Giles shuttered when he thought of the scene he had come across when he finally made it to the old railroad station.

“Go on.” Buffy commanded, bringing the older man back from his thoughts.

“When I found him in the old railroad station, I was greeted with a disturbing sight… my son had found railroad stakes and was torturing the last male vampire… screaming at the creature and laughing at the pain he inflicted…”

“William…” Giles spoke softly.

The boy looked up to see his father, a haunted look in his blue eyes. “Da?”

“Oh, Will.” Giles dropped to his knees.

William looked down at himself as if seeing the blood and the railroad spike he held in his hand for the first time. “I want a new name.” Hatred showed in his face. “She liked that name.” he rolled the spike around his hand. “… Spike. I’m Spike now.”

He then looked up, tears in his eyes. “Daddy?”

He then ran to his father, and held on to him, crying his heart out, turning back into a nine year old boy who had faced many horrors.


“What is the prophesy? Buffy asked, bringing everyone out of their thoughts when Giles had finished his story.

Giles went to the book that Spike had thrown and picked it up to find the passage. “A warrior of light will enter darkness in death. In order for balance, the warrior must bond with the remaining light. For the past will come and create disorder and bring about the end of the world.

“Are you sure it’s about Spike and not about me?” Buffy spoke quietly.

Her step-father shook his head. “It’s about Spike. ‘Warrior’ is translated in the masculine form.”

“There has to be something we can do,” Angel said as he began to pace, his Irish accent subtly showing in his agitation. “Because I refuse to sit back and watch my cousin die again.”

“Is there anything more written?” Xander wondered. “Maybe some Cliff Notes to help us out?”

A warrior will enter darkness in the event of death,” Willow began to think the problem through. “Maybe that means it will happen at night?”

“Or it could mean that he’ll be turned into a vampire.” Anya looked at everyone staring at her. “What?”

“That does make sense,” Giles exclaimed. “Darkness in death. That could have a double meaning and it does go on to say that the warrior would need to be bonded referring as if the warrior hasn’t passed on to the spiritual realm.”


“A valid point, yes,” Xander suddenly stood up. “But aren’t we all forgetting something? Spike as a vampire? Well, if I remember correctly, when he got pissed off, he was scary…” the brunette looked around. “Er.”

“A-and he wouldn’t have a soul.” Tara said.

“And without a soul he would be constantly fighting the demon inside himself.” Angel added.

“I’m sure there could be a spell of some sort-” Willow went to say, but Buffy stopped her.

“So, magic is real too,” the blonde pulled her blonde hair behind her shoulder. “I miss life when it was simple. All I had to do was worry about what to wear and what to say when Spike and I bickered like-”

Giles sighed. “Yes, well it’s not what life was actually like-”

“You know what, I can’t do this.” Buffy interrupted him.

“Buffy?” Anya ventured.

“I’m not going to sit around and think of ways that we can prevent this from happening to him.” Buffy continued.

“Then what do you purpose we do?” Giles said irritably, his voice an unusual malice to it. “Do you think I like having to find prophesies that may or may not contribute to my son’s death?”

“You don’t have to deal with it anymore, because nothing will happen to him.” Buffy replied with finality. “I’m the Slayer now, so whatever I say goes. There will be nothing standing in my way.”

And with that she left the library, the doors slamming in her wake.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Not ten minutes later, Buffy found herself with Spike in the principal’s office, which, currently, were listening to a lecture the ‘little weasel man’, as Spike like to call him, felt the need to bleat out.

“A lot of educators tell students, Think of your principal as your pal,” Snyder told them, looking between the both blondes. “I say, 'Think of me as your judge, jury, and executioner.' Tell me, who do you think is the most troublesome student in this school?”

Buffy looked to Spike who was rolling his eyes.

“Well, it is quite a match between you two.” The principal answered his own question. “On the one hand, Buffy hasn't killed a teacher.”

“The teacher was a praying man… she kidnapped students and killed many.” Spike defended himself.

“On the other hand,” The older man ignored Spike. “Spike has never burned down a school building.”

“W-well, that was never proven,” Buffy argued her case. “The Fire Marshall said i-it coulda been mice.”

At that, Spike arched his scarred eyebrow. And how did he get that scar… Buffy then realized how. Darla… And Buffy so did not want to continue on with that thought.

“Mice.” Snyder gave Buffy a stupefied look.

“M-mice that were smoking?” Buffy said hopefully.

“The two of you seem to be tied in the class-cutting and fight- starting events- and don’t you denied that Summers, because I’ve been watching you, proven case in point when I caught you leaving the library when you were supposed to be in your third period British Literature-” Snyder went on to which Spike interrupted.

“That’s what’s wrong right there. She can’t even speak the English language, so why expect her to be able to understand the writings of my past nation?” Spike told him smartly.

“Hey!” Buffy scowled.

“Said with adoration, luv.” Spike smirked at her.

Snyder frowned at the bickering teens. “The point is you both really are neck and neck here. It's quite exciting.”

Spike once again was rolling his eyes. “An’ what does the winner get?”

“Expelled,” They both looked at him shocked. “Thursday is Parent- Teacher night. Your parents, well, you both sharing them-”

“It’s a step-family.” Spike corrected.

“Will meet your teachers,” Snyder then gave them a look. “Well, your mother, or step-mother in Spike’s case, assuming you have any left. I've decided to put the two of you in charge of this event. You have three days to prepare the refreshments, make the banners and transform the school lounge into a habitable place for adults. This will incur my good will. And may affect what I tell your parents when I meet them. Are we clear?”

“I'm clear,” Buffy looked to Spike. “Don't you feel clear?” At his look she gave him a frown. “Does mom’s wrath ring a bell?”

That straightened Spike’s stance. “Right, we’re bloody clear.”

“Good,” Snyder nodded. “Because you mess up this time, and you will be coming to school the next day, only to clean out your lockers.”
Chapter Eight by dhwritertex
Chapter Eight

“I really hate that man,” Spike said as he and Buffy headed out into the hallway. “There has to be some evil bone in his body.”

“Never a truer statement,” Buffy agreed. “It's not fair. We’re both Slayers. That requires a certain amount of cutting and fighting on our part.”

“Do you think any other Slayers ever had to go to high school?” Spike wondered, then muttered. “It’s not like it’ll matter for me soon.”

“Hey,” Buffy put a hand on his shoulder. “You won’t die. Again.”

“Luv, I appreciate the pep talk, but-”

Willow and Xander chose that moment to walk up to them.

“What happened?” Willow asked. “We saw you two walking out of the evil principal’s office.”

Spike rolled his eyes. “We’re to have Parent Teacher Night to go on without a hitch. That or it’s expulsion.”

“I’m sure it will be no biggie,” Xander smiled comforting “You'll have a nice soire'e. The parents will love it. As long as nothing really bad happens between now and then, you'll be fine.”

“Are you crazy!?” Buffy exclaimed. “What did you say that for? Now something bad is gonna happen!”

“Whadaya mean? Nothing's gonna happen.” The brunette gave them a look of confusion.

“Not until some dummy says, as long as nothing bad happens.” Willow agreed with Buffy.

“It's the ultimate jinx!” Buffy ranted.

“What were you thinking?” Spike said sarcastically.

“ Or were you even thinking at all?” Willow added, not realizing Spike had made a joke.

The girls gave Xander looks of exasperation and walked off in a huff towards their next class.

“Well, you guys don't know,” Xander said after them, then looked to Spike for some assistance, but the blonde’s look clearly read that the brunette was on his own. “Maybe this time it'll be different!”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was later that night that there was two females giggling as the got off a train and entered the station. One was raven haired, the other blonde.

“Home, sweet home,” The blonde smiled, swiping the blood trailing from her lips with a finger and placing the digit in her mouth. “What you think of it, my Drusilla?”

The raven girl smiled and wrapped her arms around the other female. “The pixies say great things, Mummy.” She then began to dance to a tune that only she could hear. She then stopped in place and turned to her Sire. “An’ when will I get to met the dark prince, Darla?”

The blonde vampiress grinned. “We’ll be seeing my William soon.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Spike, I’m just saying, it may not be a good investment into your health if you didn’t stop patrolling while we’re trying to sort all this out-” Buffy was saying as they walked amongst the tombstones of Restfield Cemetery.

“I’m not going to sit back on the sidelines,” Spike argued. “It’s not what I do anymore.”

“Spike, about your past-” Buffy stopped to look at him in the eyes. “It really wasn’t your fault.”

“Buffy-” Spike grimaced, his voice holding irritation to change the subject.

“And the thing with you’re mom-” Buffy was interrupted again.

“Look, that was a long time ago. She wasn't herself,” Spike said, clearly uncomfortable with the conversation. “I know that now.”

“But… It still… hurts. That you-”

“Thanks, Doctor Phil, I don’t want to talk about this anymore,” He said with finality. “Let’s just get this patrol done, and get home.”

“But you agreed to Bronzing.” Willow said as she and the rest of the gang met up with the two Slayers.

“I think it would be just the thing we needed.” Cory agreed.

“And then later on we can go and have many orgasms,” At everyone’s look, Anya went on. “With our respective significant others, of course.”

Spike sighed. “Right, how about Buffy and I finish our grunt work and we’ll meet you all there?”

Buffy leaned towards him frowning, whispering. “What!? No… no-no grunting?”

Spike grinned, looking her up and down. “I was talking shop, luv, but if you got other ideas ... you, me, cozy little tomb with a view…”

Buffy made a face. “If you weren’t a demon, I’d so kick you ass.”

“Well, uh, we’ll just get on our way.” Xander nodded and the Scoobies headed off towards the club.

Sighing, Buffy sat on top of a tombstone. “You know, there’s something else that I don’t understand.”

Spike titled his head. “An’ what would that be, pet?”

“When I met Merrick, I specifically remembering his speech on Slayers,” she told him. “In every generation there is a Chosen One. She alone will stand against the vampires, the demons and the forces of darkness. She is the Slayer. See any pronouns that take your, um, gender into questioning? Or maybe-”

Spike pulled her against his body. “I’m sure you can attest to the fact that there should be no questioning about my gender. I seem to remember you staring at it last year.”

Buffy felt herself go beat red. “That was an accident!”

Buffy rolled her eyes as she pulled her blonde hair out of it’s usual ponytail. Really, what was Miss Calendar thinking, giving Spike the lead role as Romeo? It just didn’t make any sense at all. As Juliet, Buffy just hoped Spike was good at acting so it wouldn’t make her look bad.

She walked down the hall, bear feet towards the bathroom and opened the door, only to be greeted with a surprising sight.

Spike turned to see Buffy staring at him, with the epitome of the deer-in-the-headlights look, showing on her face.

Her eyes traveled from his shower drenched hair who knew the platinum blonde hair had curls past all the gel, watching as water droplets made their way down his well toned, muscled torso, down to the sharp incline of his pelvis, her emerald eyes stopping on his groin. Which was swelling as her inspection continued on as the minutes went by.

“Like something you see, kitten?” The huskiness in his voice had Buffy’s gaze snap back to his face.

She felt her skin flush, the color turning scarlet. “Spike… uh… I… um… I-I didn’t know you were… uh… I came here to get a shower,” she laughed nervously. “And s-since you’re obviously already using the-”

He tilted his head, smirking as his eyes glittered in mischief. “Want me to join you?”

Her voice took on a squeak. “What!? No!”

And with that she fled to her room, locking the door until she heard Spike close the door to his room.


She pushed him away. “Get a grip Spike. That was… I’m not going to talk about it.”

He leaned towards her. “But you liked seeing me-”

Scowling, she stormed away from him. “Spike, let’s just get through this and head to the Bronze.”
Chapter Nine by dhwritertex
Chapter Nine

It was dark in the club, but every so often, Buffy would sneak glances in Spike’s direction. She sat with Willow, Tara, Anya, and Xander at one of the tables. Spike sat, sprawled in an arm chair in the lounging area with Angel and Cory kissing on the couch next to him. As usual, Spike looked like he didn’t have a care in the world, and a 40 of Corona in his hand.

“Okay, what’s up?” Willow said, breaking the group’s silence.


“Besides the ceiling,” Xander said. “You’ve been looking at Captain Peroxide all night.”

“Nothing,” Buffy told them, only to see that her friends weren’t going to let her take the easy way out. “It’s just… He wass the bane of my existence, but now-.”

“Do you like him? Because it’s okay if you do,” Tara smiled. “We know he likes you.”

“And I seem to be there when the get-a-roominess.” At that, Buffy glared at Xander.

“I bet you want him to give you tons of orgasms.” Anya nodded her head.

Buffy turned red in the face, but Xander covered for her. “Ahn, can we not have that type of conversation.”

Anya rolled her eyes. “I’m just saying. With all the tension between them you’d think if they-”

“And on that note, let’s dance.” Buffy got up with her friends and went to the dance floor.

Spike, having been watching Buffy the whole night, got up to walk long the edge of the dance floor studying her intently. He watched as her hips swayed enticingly to the beat and her golden blonde hair moved about her shoulders. Her dress was short and black, stopping below her bottom, only by a few inches, not even mid thigh, and he noticed thin strapped slide as if the might fall, but seen that it was only teasing him. Why had she even decided to patrol is the scrap of a dress? He could swear that he was hard the whole time they were patrolling, especially more so when she did those high kicks…

Finally, he made up his mind and started for her.

Buffy soon felt her hips being grabbed and felt herself being pushed up against a lean, hard body.

She turned her head to the side to see cerulean blue eyes full of lust. “Spike.”

“I figured since I brought you here you’d want to dance with me.” his voice was low and husky.

“You didn’t bring me. We both came here at the same time,” Buffy could feel their friends watching them and refused to look in their direction, “Don’t.”

“What, luv?” His hand glided over her body, then turned her around to face him. “’M just dancin’ with my Goldilocks.”

“What’s with the Don Juan act today?” Buffy closed her eyes, the beat to the music and Spike’s touch doing something to her senses. “I‘ve only been in Sunnydale for a whole day and you’re already-”

“I know you wonder,” Spike leaned into her and whispered in her ear as if it were a caress against her skin. “What it would be like between us.”

“No.” She said, but he knew she was lying.

“The things we’d do,” He continued, his hand following the curve of her behind and pressed her against his erection. “It’d take us to the point of no return. But then again, I wouldn’t want to return.”

Buffy released herself from his grip, “I’m going home. Just… leave me alone.”

“What? What did I do now to cause you to go, virtue fluttering?” Spike titled his head, his arms now crossed.

“I… let’s not talk about it,” Buffy turned only to stop when she heard his cell phone. “I planed each charted course/ Each little step along the highway/ And more, much more than this/ I did it my way.” “Why do you still have that ring tone?”

“It’s a classic,” Spike defended. “’Ey, da.”

Buffy went to Spike, “It’s Giles?”

“Yes as you can hear, Buffy’s ecstatic that you rang. That, or surprised,” Spike gave her a pointed look which caused her to calm and wait for the news Spike would give her. “What about a train?” Buffy watched his face shift to wariness. “Two… I see.”

“What?” Buffy was now wondering what was going on.

“Are you sure? No changes in-?”

“No! No changes! Tell him there’s been no changes! I don’t think about you differently! I don’t! No, no lusty feelings or anything!” Buffy rushed to say, not understanding that he meant something else.

Spike grinned and leered at Buffy, “You know he can hear you? I swear I can hear him cleanin’ his glasses.”

Buffy flushed a deep crimson, “Yeah, well… tell him… uh, yeah.”

Spike gave his attention back to the phone, “As I was saying, there were no changes to the way the vamp- Okay, we’ll head home. Dawn’s at- oh, okay, we’ll probably run into her on the way.”

With a “Yes, we’ll see you soon.” Spike hung up and looked to Buffy, “Well?”

Spike sighed, “Da has gone completely mad.”

“Why is he crazy?”

Spike grabbed her hand and lead the way to the door, “I don’t know, but somethin’s got ‘im spooked.”

“Did he say what has him scared?” Buffy asked as they left The Bronze.

“All he said was to get home, because two Master Vampires were spotted entering town by train,” Spike said and spotted Dawn with Conner across the road. “Dawn, come here.”

The use of Dawn’s Christian name had both girls looking surprised. Spike almost always used nicknames when it came to Dawn. The only time when he used her name was when he was nervous, angry, or scared with her. Which was hardly ever the case. Whatever was going on was definitely serious.

After saying goodbye to Conner, Dawn went to Spike and Buffy, “What’s going on?”

“Somethin’ came up. We’re goin’ home on Da’s orders.” Spike told Dawn.

Buffy could feel her nerves on edge, “I don’t understand why-”

Suddenly, a blonde woman stepped out of the shadows, “Hello my William and Buffy. It feels like it‘s been a long time since I‘ve seen you… but then, I’d be lying.”
Chapter Ten by dhwritertex
Chapter Ten

At seeing the blonde, both Buffy and Spike went still, holding onto Dawn, but Spike couldn’t help but reply, “It’s Spike now, you know that.”

The woman smiled, her golden eyes gleaming, “I don’t like it. It just seems a little unorthodox.”

“He’s reformed,” Buffy replied and glared. “What are you doing in Sunnydale?”

“You‘re wearing normal clothing now? Last time I saw you, you were wearing catholic school girl clothing and before that was the corsets and long skirts,” Spike was also glaring. “What are you doing here, Darla?”

Darla’s grin grew wider, showing of her fangs, “I just thought I’d stop and see my two favorite humans,” She then took a sniff and her golden eyes looked at them hungrily. “My two favorite Slayers.”

Buffy turned to Dawn. “Do not move at all.”

“I suggest you leave.” Spike growled.

Two vampires came up beside Darla, “Now why would I want to do that. You both make the perfect main course with the young girl a side.”

“Not to eat, your William…” Another voice murmured.

“Drusilla, why don’t you go back,” Darla looked to where the voice came from. “You’re not feeling well tonight.”

The raven haired beauty glided out of the shadows. “Hmmm. The stars, mummy, they speak of things about your William.”

Spike grimaced. “Spike.”

Drusilla nodded. “William… the Bloody.”

“William the Bloody?” Buffy arched a perfect eyebrow.

“It’s the name the Watchers Council and the demon community gave me after my… uh… stunt with the vampires.” Spike told her.

Darla then smiled. “Yes, such a beautiful sight. You’d make a good vampire.”

Spike folded his arms over his chest. “Well, you did miss the nightmare episode in town.”

“No, Spike will walk in darkness…” Dru began to twirl around. “Only, who will be the… hmmm… maybe mummy?”

Buffy stepped in front of Spike. “Not on my watch.”

“Buffy?” Spike wondered.

Darla looked between Dru and Buffy, her eyes narrowing. Then, as if realizing something, the blonde vampiress pounced, causing the four vampires and the two Slayers to begin fighting.

“Dawn, run!” Buffy shouted, to which her sister obeyed, taking off into the direction of Revello Drive.

“Slayer!” One of the two vampires grinned.

“Slayee!” Buffy countered as she sent a kick to the vampire’s chest.

“You shouldn’t have come back here.” Spike said as he sent a series of punches to Darla’s face.

Darla laughed. “Awe, I just want to see you, Willy.”

Spike grimaced. “It’s Spike!” He yelled, kicking her so hard she landed on the ground.

Buffy stake one of the minions, and as the dust settled, there stood Drusilla.

“Look at me, Dearie.” The black haired vampiress said in a melodic voice, waving two extended fingers before Buffy's eyes and began to hypnotize her.

The second minion pounced on top of Spike, holding him down as Darla began her assault on the male Slayer.

Dru swayed back and forth a bit with Buffy following her every move to stay in contact with the vampire’s eyes.

Spike broke away, sending a backwards punch to the minion and a kick to Darla. As the minion got up to lunge for him, he pulled out a stake a thrust it into the heart of the vampire.

Drusilla extended out the fingers of her right at her side, watching Buffy’s every move, her eyes never leaving the girl’s. Looking over to see how his love was fairing, Spike’s eyes widened in horror to se Buffy under Drusilla’s thrall.

Dru smiled evilly as she swung her hand p to slice Buffy’s neck, but missed due to Spike tackling the blonde to the ground.

“Bad Willy.” Dru pouted and looked to her Sire who looked worse for wear.

“Come on, Dru. We’ll get another change.” Darla grabbed her Childe’s hand and took into the darkness.

Spike looked down at Buffy, reaching to her and stoked the side of her face gently with his hand. “Luv, you okay?”

Buffy then opened her eyes, seeing concern blue ones filling her vision. “What happened?”

“Dru… she hypnotized you.” he told her, getting up and helping the blonde to her feet.

She sighed. “Well, that explains why I feel a little weird.”

He nodded. “Let’s get home and see if Dawn is okay.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Dawn!” Both Spike and Buffy called out as soon as they got home, locking the door behind them.

“Buffy! Spike!” Dawn ran down the stairs. “You both are wet. Are you both okay? You’re not hurt.”

“Just a little rain,” Spike went to close the blinds and curtains. “We’re fine. Buffy, luv, make sure all the fire alarms are workin’. Just because they can’t come inside, doesn’t mean they can’t force us outside.”

“Okay.” Buffy nodded and set off to do her task.

“What do you want me to do?” Dawn wanted to know.

“Where’s Da and Joyce?”

“Giles went to the school library to get some books and mom’s on her way home from work.”

“And the gang?”

“Made it home, safe and sound.”

“Then why don’t you go to bed, Nibblet,” Spike then gave her a hug. “It’s gonna be a long night; one of us has to do the sleepin’.”

Feeling defeated, Dawn still did as she was told. “Goodnight, Spike. Goodnight, Buffy!”

“Goodnight!” Buffy called out, having heard her sister.

Upon hearing her voice, Spike went to find Buffy upstairs.

He watched her check the last fire alarm. “How are you holdin’ up, luv?”

“Well, let’s see,” Buffy folded her arms over her chest. “I come home to find out that you’re a Slayer and Sunnydale is a Hellmouth, I hear your story and the prophesy of you becoming a vampire-”

Spike arched an eyebrow. “Do what?”

“Perhaps, we should sit down and have a chat.” Spike and Buffy turned to see Giles and Joyce standing on top of the stairs.

Spike nodded and went to follow his parents, but Buffy stopped him, grabbing his arm. He turn to see her eyes brimming with tears, the Slayer gone in place of the girl he once knew. “Spike… we could have… you, Dawn… I…”

Spike gathered her in a hug. “But we didn’t. We’re goin’ to be alright.”
Chapter Eleven by dhwritertex
Chapter Eleven

“Bloody hell!” Buffy awoke to the curse from across the hallway, then rolled over in her bed, wanting to go back to sleep, but her eye caught her alarm clock.

“Oh, crap.” It was 7:35! She had ten minutes till school would start! She definitely was going to be late.

As she got out of bed to retrieve clothes for her shower, she heard water running in the adjoining bathroom.

“Why do I have to share a shower with the Oh-Bleached-One?” Buffy inwardly cursed as she headed down the stairs to the other bathroom that was next to Dawn’s bedroom.

Five minutes later, she left the bathroom, wearing a pink spaghetti-strapped tank top, a blue mini skirt, and pink flip flops. Her golden blonde hair was pulled back in a ponytail, with her long bangs tucked behind her ears. She headed towards her sister’s room, and saw Spike leaving her destination.

He was ready to go as she was, wearing the usual black T-shirt with an open red button down and tight black denim jeans, under his black duster. As usual, his bleached blonde hair was gelled back. Not to mention his black Doc Martins.

“Is Dawn up?” Buffy asked him.

“Lil’ Bit has already gone off to school. Runnin’ late for once?” Spike grinned, eyeing her up and down, feeling his tight black jeans become tighter and was thankful that she couldn’t see his erection due to wearing the duster. “Mornin’ cutie.” his smirk was greeted with a eye roll.

“My alarm clock didn’t go off,” She told him. “And how are you wearing those clothes? Aren’t you dieing of the heat? It has to be almost a hundred degrees already, despite it being morning.”

“The heat doesn’t bother me,” he said, then leered. “Those clothes are very becoming on you. Of course if I was on you I’d be coming too.”

It took her a second to get the innuendo, then she let out a shout of laugher, “God, Spike. Do you actually use those lame pick up lines?”

Spike grinned, “No. I just wanted to see what kind of reaction I would get out of you. Pretty much what I expected.”

“So, what’s the plan?” Buffy asked as they left the house.

“Stop at the Espresso Pump, grab quick brekkies, an’ get to school.” he told her.

“Good idea.”

After they stopped at the Espresso Pump, they went straight to Sunnydale High School, going to their lockers and heading to their first period classes.

“So, what happened last night?” Willow asked, when Buffy sat down after getting a short reprimand from the teacher.

“Darla showed up back and town with some loony vampire,” Buffy replied. “So, now because of some psychic power of Miss Loony Toons, Darla knows about Spike destined to become a walking dead.”

“You don’t think she’ll… you know?” Tara asked in a hushed whisper.

Buffy sighed. “I don’t know.”

Across the hall, in Chemistry, Spike was wondering the same thing.

“I’m sure it will be fine. We always figure stuff out.” Xander told his best friend.

“And if all else fails, we’ll just stake the bitch.” Angel nodded.

“It’s just… I had a Slayer dream, last night.” Spike told them.

The door burst open to Spike’s room, causing him to look up from his magazine, the Sex Pistols playing from his stereo. The young woman stood in the doorway wearing a silk pink tank top and pink flannel pajama pants. Her golden hair was mused from being in bed and her arms were crossed over her chest, enhancing his view of her cleavage. Her green eyes were scowling menacingly at him…

“Did you give her orgasms?” Anya interrupted his story, and received glares from all three males. “What?”

“What did I do now?” Spike answered to Buffy’s glaring.

“Turn the music down first.” she replied.

He lowered it as she commanded, then stood up to her, “That alright, Princess?”

“Thank you,” her face was for once unreadable. “I want to know why you took Dawn on patrol last night.”

He had no idea what she was talking about, but he found himself answering, “She wanted to hang out with me. Talk about her friends an’ other things.”

“It’s too dangerous out there at night.”

“Don’t worry about it.”

“How can you say that? You’re more vulnerable than ever-”

He pulled her flush against his body. “I’m not. I am more powerful than-”

“Let go of me Spike.” Buffy glared at him.

His face shifted, his eyes turning yellow, his brow ridged, and his fangs long. “Make me.”

He then smashed his mouth to hers, kissing her possessively.

“Spike…” Buffy moans when he let go long enough for her to breathe.

“You are mine.” He growled, kissing her again, then thrusting his fangs into her throat.


“An’ then I woke up.” Spike told them, then thought, Some bloody dream.

To accompany his sped up heart rate and headache from his hangover, he had a hard-on. It was a good thing Buffy hadn’t walked in on him in the shower. Then again, if she had, he could see himself pulling her in the shower with him. Just the though of it had him go hard again. He pulled his duster over himself.

“Now, when you say you kissed her-” Angel went to ask, but was interrupted.

“A hard, passionate kiss. Bodies against each other, tongues duelin’- you get the bloody picture?” Spike said exasperated.

“I think he was meaning the whole ‘Grr-Arg’ thing.” Xander explained.

Spike sat back. “Oh.”

Anya leaned over her desk. “Well, did you like it?”

“What do you think?” Spike gave her an idiotic look.

“She was meaning the bite.” Angel responded.

Spike squirmed in his seat. “I don’t know… but… I don’t want to be a vampire. Remember, it was my nightmare.”

“But if you remember correctly, you did like the thrill it gave you.” Xander pointed out.

Spike sighed. “Well this is bloody fantastic. Not only do I have to worry about Darla being back in town, bringing along family, but I also have to worry about a prophesy that may cause me to become a vampire.”

“Oh, and don’t forget Parent Teacher Night.” Anya reminded him.

Spike groaned, putting his hands on his face.
Chapter Twelve by dhwritertex
Author's Notes:
Sorry I haven't been with the updates. I went to see my brother for Thanksgiving, which by they way, I hope all of you who celebrate the holiday had a great time. For those of you who don't, I hope you still had a great weekend :)
Chapter Twelve

“You had a Slayer dream and you didn’t tell me?” Buffy narrowed her eyes at the peroxide blonde as they entered the gym with their friends, wearing the Sunnydale gym uniform.

“I hardly think you would want to know about it.” Spike rolled his eyes.

“I think I would. I am the Slayer after all,” she crossed her arms over her chest.

Spike leaned towards her. “I was the Chosen One first.”

“God, you both are, like, acting like your both five.” Cordy said, flipping her hair away from her face.

Xander put a hand on Buffy’s shoulder. “Trust me when I say, you don’t want to know.”

“How come-” Buffy went to say but was interrupted.

“Besides, if Spike wants to dream about kiss-” Anya was then interrupted by Buffy.

“Okay! I don’t want to know!”

“Fitness test today, class!” The gym teacher said, blowing a whistle. “Chose a partner, then get to your assigned spots.”

“What’s the activities?” Willow asked.

“The mile, sit-ups, and push-ups.” The teacher said.

“So, Spike, you think you can get a better score than me this time?” Buffy folded her arms over her chest.

Spike sauntered closer to her, giving her a sly grin. “The last time I checked, we were tied an’ held the school records.”

“Oh, I’m sorry,” Buffy said innocently. “What I meant was, can you keep up with me?”

“Oh, I can keep up with you. The question is can you keep up with me, baby?”

The look in his eyes made her shiver. “You’re a pig.”

Spike winked, “Oink, oink.”

She rolled her eyes. “Whatever. How about this; who ever wins is the best Slayer.”

“Buffy, I don’t think that’s a great ide-” Angel was interrupted by his cousin.

“What does the winner get?” Spike wanted to know.

“What do you mean? The winner is stated as the best Slayer.” Buffy told him.

“Come on, luv, there’s got to a better bet than that. I’m not exposing my supernatural self for no-”

“Fine, then state your terms.”

“If I win, you have to let me take you out on a date.”

“No! Are you kidding me?”

“Fine, if you’re scared-”

“We’ll hang out,” Buffy clarified. “Not a date.”

Spike shrugged. “Fine, if that will help you sleep better at night.”

Buffy nodded. “And my terms…” An ‘evil’ grin spread across her face. “You have to show me what’s in that box you keep under your bed.”

Spike knew what she was talking about, but didn’t want to chance it. “You mean my box of porn?”

“Eww!” she grimaced, earning a laugh from all the guys, but they, except Spike, stopped the moment she glared in their direction. “No. The box that has a lock on it.”

“Buffy!” Spike actually whined.

“Deal or no deal,” she tilted her head.

“Fine,” he gave in, then shook her hand.

Buffy huffed and went to her assigned spot on the gym floor, “I swear, one of theses days.”

“I guess Spike will always be Spike.” Willow told her, smiling at both of her friends’ antics.

“Begin with the sit-ups, then have your partner come to me. Then, switch places.” The teacher blew his whistle to begin the test.

As Willow counted in her head, she decided to speak up, “Uh, Buffy? Are you sure you want to do this? I mean, there have been students here in the past to do some evil deeds and showing yourself-”

“I’m not.” Buffy said as the teacher blew the whistle blew the whistle to end the minute sit-up test. She stood up from her spot on the floor. “A little fitness test won’t show I’m the Slayer and it’s not like I’ve been doing so much training that I’ll be able to break world records. How many sit ups did I do?”

“You did three hundred sit-ups,” Willow said, raising an eyebrow. “I think that’s a world record.”

“I’m sure someone in the military could do them,” Buffy put her hands on her hips. “Besides, Spike and I got 125 the last test we took.”

“Buffy, the maximum score for both males and females in the military are 78 sit ups,” Willow reasoned. “For two minutes, and granted some can possibly do more. But, you did an extra 175.”

“Don’t worry, Wills. I’m sure stranger things have happened in Sunnydale.”

The red head couldn’t argue to that.

“How many did I do?” Spike stood up, asking Gunn.

“Three hundred. Pretty good, man. I think you kinda beat your and Buffy’s old record.” Xander smiled.

“Hell yeah! By a hundred seventy five,” Spike smirked. “You sure you counted right?”

“Hey, scout’s honor.”

“Okay then.”

After the next group did their sit-ups it was time for push ups.

“Buffy, you ready for these?” Spike said as the first group went into position.

He knew these were hard for her. She had had a hard time with the push ups during the physical fitness test last year, but had kept up and finished with the same amount he had done. Then again, she was a Slayer now.

“As ready as I’ll ever be.” Buffy shot back, with a grin of her own.
They began their push ups, looking at each other. Buffy found herself watching Spike’s muscles flex and work.

“Like what you see, pet?”

She looked to his eyes to see them burning on her form. She felt herself go red and it wasn’t from the exercise.

“Nothing I haven’t seen before.” Buffy retorted.

“And you liked it then.”

The whistle blew for the push-ups to end.

“Three hundred.” Both Gunn and Willow told their partners.
Two minutes later, both Buffy and Spike were done with their fitness test, having finished the mile.

“I’m thinkin’ we can’t do that again, for fear of getting caught.” Spike told Buffy as they headed towards the locker rooms.

“You would think so,” Buffy thought about their current predicament. “So, what do you think Darla and Drusilla is up to?”

“I’m not sure but-”

“Oh, look its Loser,” An annoying voice interrupted. “And to think, I was hoping I’d never have to see you again.”

Buffy and Spike turned around only to glare as Glory Star walked up to them.

“Glory, go away.” Buffy told the permed red head with a glare.

“Hey, you’re blocking my way to class. Why don’t you lose a couple pounds?” Glory narrowed her eyes.

Spike saw the hurt look in Buffy’s eyes before he rounded on the less popular cheerleader, “You're an idiotic bitch.”

“What!?” Glory was thrown off on what Spike was saying. He was defending Buffy? Sure, he had started acting like a freak, but he was still accepted in the popular crowd on account of Angel and Cordy. And he was named one of the hottest in the school.

“I had no idea that cheerleaders could be such prancin’ lightweights.”

Glory scoffed at him in disbelief, “Compared to you, I am a god in this school.”

“The god of what, bad home perms?” Spike glared.

Buffy stood off watching the display, too shocked to speak.

“Shut up!” Glory took a few steps toward him, patting her hair. “Shut up!”

“Yeah, okay, sorry,” Spike did look genuinely sorry until he narrowed his eyes. “But I wouldn’t put it past Buffy to kick your skanky, lopsided ass,” As he said this Glory checked out her behind in dismay. “Now, why don’t you go run along to whatever class that would take a,” He sized her up. “Cheap, whorish, fashion victim cheerleader like you.”

Glory spun around in a huff, and a little hurt, to go to her class by a different hallway.

Spike turned around to see a bewildered Buffy, “Who are you and what have you done with Spike Giles?”

He titled his head, “She had no right to say that to you. You’re one of the thinnest people I know, an’ you’re over a thousand times prettier than she is.” He then grinned. “An’ you know how I feel about you.”

While she felt a faint blush creep into her face, she didn’t want to make any comment on their current, confusing relationship. “I seem to remember you calling me a bitch and saying I have bad hair.”

He moved closer to her and tucked a golden lock of hair behind her ear, “Was just frustrated-”

“Spike-” Buffy was interrupted as Spike continued on and watched as his cerulean blue eyes darkened.

“’Cause the first time I laid eyes on you I wanted you, an’ it always makes me frustrated that I can’t have you ‘cause you won’t let me.” His baritone voice had become a whisper, almost a caress.

Buffy turned to the girls’ locker room door, “I’m going to change. See you later.”

Spike just shook his head. She was running off again, fighting the attraction they had for each other.
Chapter Thirteen by dhwritertex
Chapter Thirteen

They had been standing there for at least ten minutes, not saying anything to each other, the tension between them so strong, that any random student who happened to walk by, chose to do so on the other side of the hallway.

“So…” Buffy said, deciding to break the uncomfortable silence as she painted the inside of the letters on the yellow banner red. “I was thinking about the refreshments. How do you feel about punch?”

“Yeah, sure, whatever.” Spike replied, his eyes remain downcast, not looking up from drawing the block letters.

Buffy sighed at Spike’s attitude towards her and looked to Willow. “Do you think you can help me cram some French tonight? I don't want Mr. DeJean telling my mother I'm an imbecile.”

Willow looked up from her position on the floor, where she was making another welcome sign with Xander. “Sure, but I thought you did well on the subject at your last school.”

Xander sat back for a second on his knees. “I don’t see why you both are making a fuss about this business. I mean, Giles is your dad and step dad. Couldn’t he help you out on the Joyce front? I mean, they are married.”

“Tell me your kidding me,” Spike gave Xander a look. “Da and Joyce have different views on the subject of school and slaying. And which one should come first. Very different views.”

Tara nodded her head as she and Anya brought them more paint. “I think worrying about saving the world should come first.”

Anya shrugged her shoulders. “Well, I think studying should come first. It’s important to get good grades so you can get into college and you’ll be able to get good paying jobs with lots of money. Money is very important. And not end up at a place like Video Hut.”

“Or the Doublemeat Palace,” Willow added. “Because the people that work there, very scary.”

“Not like that Drusilla,” Buffy told them. “Because that gothic vampire…” she shuttered. “Yeeehehehe.”

“Don’t worry, luv,” Spike regarded her, finally letting his eyes meet hers. “We’ll take this one step at a time. We’ll do this Parent- Teacher night and make mum proud as long as we don't have to…”

At that moment, Giles and the computer teacher, Jenny Calendar, decided to walk over.

“Buffy! Spike!” Giles went to inform them of the recent information from researching.

“…fight vampires.” Spike ended.

Giles continued to talk to the teacher. “There is nothing in the chronicles about a-an extraneous lunar cycle.”

“The Order never accurately calculated the Mesopotamian Calendar,” Jenny then reproached the librarian. “Rupert, you have got to read something that was published after 1066.”

Giles rolled his eyes. “Very funny.”

“What's the up, guys?” Xander asked, standing up with Willow.

“W-um, Ms. Calendar has been researching,” Giles continued on. “Well, uh, surfing on her computer, a-and she's... Well, according to her calculations, this Saturday is the night of St. Vigeous.”

Buffy frowned, putting down the paint brush. “Let me guess: he didn't make balloon animals.”

Willow grinned. “Oh! That would be a great idea for the Parent-Teacher Night.” At Spike’s glare she looked down. “Or not.”

“No, he led a crusade, of, of, uh, vampires,” Giles responded to Buffy. “They swept through Edessa, Harran, and points east.”

“And they didn't leave much behind.” Jenny added.

“Well, if we survive Parent-Teacher night tomorrow,” Spike informed his father. “Buffy and I will see what we can do about Saturday.”

“You're being a tad flip, don't you think?” Giles told his son. “This is serious.”

“And the both of us getting kicked out of school is laughs aplenty?” Buffy retorted.

“You both know what happens when you both let your lives interfere with your slaying.” Giles said in all seriousness.

“Okay, well, if my slaying doesn't get me expelled, then I promise my banner making won't get me killed, okay?” Buffy picked up the paint brush and began painting once more.

“Just please let us get through this week.” Spike sighed, going back to his task at hand.

“This Saturday's going to need a great deal of preparation.” Giles frowned at his two children.

“Well, we'll help.” Willow said with Tara nodding and holding her hand.

“Yeah, I'll whittle stakes.” Xander smiled as Anya sat back down with him to help with the second banner.

“It’s what he does best.” Anya replied, grabbing a pencil.

“A-and the rest of us can research stuff.” Tara said, grabbing an extra paint brush.

“And while I'm whittling, I plan to whistle a jaunty tune.” Xander continued, grinning at his own joke.

“Yes, all your help will be greatly appreciated, but when it comes to battle, Buffy and Spike must fight alone. They are, after all, the Slay…” Giles stopped himself, seeing Principal Snyder walking towards them. “...Slay-ve. Slaves. You're, you're all slaves to the, uh, television.”

Spike arched his scarred eyebrow. Could his father come up with something any more lame?

“Yes.” Jenny nodded, trying to hide the amusement on her face.

“Young people nowadays,” Giles looked to his best friend. “I suppose we should get back to our respective duties.”

Jenny nodded. “Later.”

And with that, the computer teacher and librarian went their separate ways.

Snyder look around the group, regarding Buffy and Spike’s friends. “You all wouldn't be helping Buffy and Spike by any chance, would you?”

Xander laughed nervously as he and the girls stood up. “No.”

Willow tried to put on her best ‘mean face’ but fail miserably. “We were hindering.”

Snyder looked to Spike and Buffy. “You both aren’t planning to ditch?” He took a deep breath. “Mm. I feel expulsions coming on.”

“No! No, we’ve been working for hours,” Buffy paused. “Well, more like during our study period, but-”

“Just make sure everything is perfect on Thursday.” Snyder narrowed his eyes, then turn and left.

“That guy’s a serious rodent.” Anya put her hands on her hip.

“Like I said: little weasel man.” Spike nodded.
Chapter Fourteen by dhwritertex
Author's Notes:
As you can see, the story is what I would like to call ‘The Slayers’ verse of BTVS ‘School Hard’ but with a twist… but before you knock it, continue along and see just how different it can be… :)
Chapter Fourteen

Collin sat with his army of vampires in his factory. The child vampire looked around his group pleased with some of them, and others, well, he just tolerated.

“The Master is dead,” His favorite minion, Dax, began. “Someone has to take his place.”

“As long as the Slayer's alive,” His third in command, Victor. “Whoever takes his place will be sharing his grave.”

“Then let the soul who kills Spike wear The Master’s mantle.” Dax responded.

“Can you do it?” Collin asked.

“Yes. This weekend, the night of St. Vigeous, our power shall be at its peak.” Dax grinned. “When I kill him, it'll be the greatest event since the crucifixion. And I should know. I was there.”

Darla appeared behind them. “You were there?” she giggled. “Oh please! If every vampire who said he was at the crucifixion was actually there, it would have been like Woodstock.”

Dax growled. “I oughta rip your throat out.”

Darla turned her back to him, strolling away. “I was actually at Woodstock. That was a weird gig. I fed off a flowerperson, and I spent the next six hours watching my hand move.”

Dax rushed her from behind, which Darla swung her fist up without even looking, hitting him in the face and knocking him down for the count and out.

She turned around grinning. “So, who do you kill for fun around here?”

Collin regarded the blonde vampiress. “What are you doing back in Sunnydale, Darla?”

Darla growled at Victor, causing him to look away for a moment. She then looked back to Collin. “You've got Slayer problems. Two, to be exact. That's a bad piece of luck. Do you know what I find works real good with Slayers? Killing them.”

“Can you?” Collin asked. “Because the last time you were in town-”

“I have a talented Childe. She could do it a lot faster that Overgrown there.” She nodded to Dax, still on the floor. “She did a couple Slayers in her time. I don't like to brag.” She said solemnly, then smiled, not being able to keep a straight face. “Who am I kidding? I love to brag! There was this one Slayer during the Boxer Rebellion, and…”

She sensed someone behind her and turned her head to look as she morphed into her human guise.

“Drusilla,” Darla went to her favorite Childe. “You shouldn't be walking around. You're weak. That fight with the Slayers, it took a lot of energy for you.”

Dru looked around the room. “Look at all the people. Are these nice people?”

“We're getting along.” Darla purred.

Drusilla stared at Collin. “This one has power. I could feel it from the outside.”

“Yeah,” Darla nodded. “He's the big noise in these parts. Anointed, and all that.”

“Do you like daisies? Hmm?” Dru looked from her Sire back to Collin. “I plant them, but they always die. Everything I put in the ground withers and dies.” she then looked up and off into space. “Mummy? I’m cold.”

Darla took off her zipped up sweater and put it around the raven haired vampiress. “Here, sweetie, don’t worry. Mommy‘s got you.”

Dru smiled. “I'm a princess.”

Darla nodded. “That's what you are.”

Dru pricked Darla on the cheek with her fingernail, and a bead of blood flowed out. She then lean in and licked it off. The two female vampires moved close to kiss but didn't, and instead, looked over at Collin.

“Me and Dru, we're movin' in,” Darla said then they separated. “Now. Any of you want to test who's got the biggest wrinklies around here... step on up.” she glanced at Collin. “Dru will do your Slayer for you. But you keep your flunkies from tryin' anything behind our backs. Deal?”

Collin nodded.

Drusilla bowed her head down and put her hands to her temples. “Sunshine. I want to kill Sunshine. But you, you get the boy. He’s to be ours forever. Can you? Please, Mummy?”

“It's done, baby.” Darla grinned.

“But I get Sunshine? A kill for princess?”

“I’ll let you chop her into messes.”

Drusilla smiled. “My sweet mum.”

“So,” Darla regarded Collin. “Buffy, the new Slayer, she seems tough…”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Buffy stared in the mirror feeling hopeless. It seemed that ever since she became the Slayer, her whole life began falling apart. First her father didn’t believe her, sticking her in a sanitarium. Then when they released her, she ended up having to fight Lothos, causing the fire in the gym of Hemery. And now with everything, school, Spike, Darla, it all seemed to start crashing together.

Sighing, she picked up her brush, gliding it through her hair. “Ow!”

“What’s wrong?” Spike asked, standing at her door.

“I spent a good part of my allowance on this new cream rinse, and it's neither creamy nor rinsey.” she told him.

He grinned. “Life is hard, luv.”

“Don't I know it,” she paused. “Is that a split end?”

“Buffy, about today-” he was interrupted.

Buffy turned in her seat and glared. “Go away, Spike.”

Spike smirked, ignoring her as he sauntered into the room, “Nice room. Very posh.”

Her room was the same as she had left it. Pinky and frilly. A room meant for an innocent girl, not a warrior who fought demons on a nightly basis.

She rolled her eyes, “And your room isn’t? Go back there, were you belong.”

He sat on her bed, his looks and clothing the total oppose of her white and pink blankets and pillows. “My room has changed since you left. It’s darker, with black and red. I have a bigger bed too. A Full. With red silk and satin sheets. Care to try it out?”

She watched as he adjusted himself comfortably against her pillows, his arms behind his head, looking like he belonged in her bed. Oh God. So not going with that train of thought. Derailing from it as of now.

“Get out of my bed.” She narrowed her green eyes.
“Lemme think ‘bout it,” He truly seemed to contemplate on listening to her. “Nope. I find it right comfy ‘ere. Want to join me?”

As it seemed for the millionth time today, she sighed again. “I should have not come back.”

He tilted his head. “Did you want to? Or did your dad really force you to come back here.”

“A little bit of both.” Buffy pushed him aside and laid down next to him.

She didn’t care if he was laying next to her. She wasn’t leaving her room anytime soon, so her bed was the most comfortable option for lounging now. Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

“What‘s the matter, pet?” Spike wondered, liking the feeling of her body brushing against his, and turned towards her.

“Everything. Ever since I’ve become the Slayer, it seems as if I have to deal with one thing after another, you know?” she laid her head on his shoulder.

“I know.” he said quietly.

“A person can only go through so much,” Buffy closed her eyes. “Being a Slayer isn’t a gift. It’s a burden.”

Spike shrugged. “Well, it can be good you know. Super strength and speed. Agility. Well, for the most part, as long as you’re not drunk.”

At her look he rolled his eyes. “Went on a bender after I died. It’s a thing.”

She nodded her head in agreement. “I did that after the fire, until I was sent here.”

They then both laid in silence for a moment, which caused Spike to raise his scared eyebrow and look at her softly, yet quizzically, “Are we havin’ a civil conversation?”

Buffy lowered her eyes, looking anywhere but him, “Maybe.”

“About our bet-”

She got up from the bed, “No, Spike.”

He stood up, standing next to her, “We-”

“I’m not going on a date with you.”

“Here’s the deal. We both won, yeah?” he negotiated as he moved closer to her. “I let you have a look in my box and you let me take you out. That has nothing to do with patrolling.”

“Spike-”

“We made a deal, Buffy.” he then pulled her against him. “Don’t tell me you’re a Slayer without honor.”

“I have honor.” she said softly, looking up into his eyes.

He watched her intently. “What is honor, then?”

“High regard or respect; personal integrity; reputation; privilege; used as a title for mayors and judges. Also, to accept something as valid.”

He chuckled. “You’ve been around my Da too long.”

Buffy shook her head and giggled. “No, I was in a spelling bee in the first grade.”

His eyes lowered to her lips. “Yes, I suppose you have honor. But you know what?”

She leaned forward, her eyes lost on his face. “Hmm?”

“You also have my-”

Whatever he was going to say was lost when Buffy’s door opened, showing her mother, “There you guys are… what’s going on?”

Buffy and Spike shot away from each other, Buffy red in the face and Spike trying his best to look innocent, “We were just talking, Mom.”

“Yeah, Joyce,” Spike hurriedly nodded in agreement, searching his mind for something to say. “I was just consoling her on her break up with Finn.”

Joyce looked at Buffy sympathetically, “You’re still upset over that, honey? It was a few years ago.”

Buffy smiled fondly, “I know. I just thought of something random about Riley and it set me off, but don’t worry, I’m pretty much over him. Actually, I’m taking a break from guys right now.”

Joyce missed when Buffy had pointedly looked at Spike.

Joyce laughed at that, “I’m sure you feel like that right now sweetie, but that’s what you said after Ford, and your crush with Owen and that one… what was his name?”

“Parker,” Spike supplied. “Had the nancy boy lookin’ hair an’ the-”

“Spike, I swear if you don’t shut up, I’m going to punch you in the nose.”

“An’ why is it that you always go for the nose?”

“Buffy Anne Summers! Are telling me you still actually hit Spike!? Even after the fight you had, breaking my living room window!?”

“No, that was before we became Slayers, but, see the thing is-” Buffy tried her best to back-peddle as fast as she could, but was saved by her sister walking past the open door.


“Mom, I can’t find my heart PJs ,” Dawn said, stopping at the doorway. “Hey Spike.”

“’Ey, Bit.” Spike smiled.

Buffy let out a sigh of relief as her mom turned to the younger Summers, “I’ll go help you find it, honey,” But Buffy’s relief wasn’t entirely in effect when the eldest Summers turned back to her eldest daughter and her step son. “This is the last time I hear about you both fighting. You both need to get along from now on. Now, I got the mail.”

“Good.” Buffy replied.

“Which included a reminder notice about Parent-Teacher night. Thursday. Which is tomorrow.” Joyce folded her arms over her chest.

“That's good.” Spike regarded both of the women.

“Which you both were planning on telling me about?”

“Oh, for…” Buffy looked sheepish. “The past couple of days.”

“Uh-huh. So, what do you both think your teachers are gonna tell me about?” Joyce watched both of the teens fidget.

“Well, I think they'll all agree that I always bring a pen to class, ready to absorb the knowledge.” Spike went back to his previous spot on Buffy’s bed.

Joyce arched an eyebrow. “And, uh, this absorption rate? How is it reflected in your homework and test scores?”

“What can you really tell about a person from a test score?” Buffy replied.

Joyce looked to her daughter. “Whether or not they are ever going out with their friends again.”

“Oh, that.” Spike frowned.

“Well, I look forward to meeting your principal.”

“Won't that be something.” Buffy muttered.

Joyce leaned against the door. “Look, guys. I know you know life is more than grades and homework and not getting kicked out of school. Just try, guys. You know I mean the best for you both.”

Buffy took a deep breath and let it out. “We’ll try.”

“Sleep tight.” Joyce smiled. “Goodnight, Spike.”

“Night, Joyce.”

“Spike, it’s okay if you call me mom.”

Spike gave her a soft smile. “I know.”

As soon as Joyce closed the door and Buffy and Spike were left alone, Buffy turned to Spike, “You are such a kiss-ass. And bringing up Riley?”

Spike rolled his eyes, “It was the best I could come up with. Somehow, I don’t think your mum would want to hear about the intimate dealin’s between us.”

“Whoa. Intimate? In your dreams.” She scoffed.

“You know, denial really doesn’t look good on you.”

“Spike, just go away.”

“Our deal?”

“Oh fine! I’ll look and see what’s in the stupid box and we’ll go out, demon-free.” She said as she rolled her eyes as he got up, then followed him to his room.
Chapter Fifteen by dhwritertex
Chapter Fifteen

“I… uh, when I called this a stupid box I didn’t… It’s not stupid.” Buffy found herself tripping over her words when Spike opened the box revealing the continents inside.

Kneeling down to the box, Spike said in a low voice, “I haven’t opened this box since I’ve become the Slayer.”

Buffy kneeled down next to him as he pulled random things out for her to look at. First was an old picture of the Giles family. There was a younger version of Rupert and Spike, along with a woman, who Buffy could tell was Spike’s mother. Looking at Spike, she saw that he had brown unruly curly hair, round glasses, and wore a tweed outfit.

“Awe, you look like a mini Giles!” she gushed.

He rolled his eyes. “As soon as I came to America, I changed my looks,” he gave her a pointed look. “Don’t tell a soul.”

Buffy placed a hand over her heart. “I swear,” she noticed him staring at the woman in the picture. “That was your mom, wasn’t it? She was beautiful.”

“She was the best,” Spike softly smiled. “She was my world. She was always there to make sure I was fed and clean. Always listened to what I had to say. She even sang to me…”

“What song?” she leaned closer to him.

Early one morning, just as the sun was rising,/I heard a maid sing in the valley below:/ "Oh don't deceive me, Oh never leave me,/How could you use a poor maiden so?/"Remember the vows that you made to me truly;/Remember how tenderly you nestled close to me,” he began to sing. “Gay is the garland, fresh are the roses/I've culled from the garden to bind over thee./"Here I now wander alone as I wonder/Why did you leave me to sigh and complain?/I ask of the roses, why should I be forsaken?/Why must I here in sorrow remain?

“It’s doesn’t sound like a great song to sing to your kid,” Buffy said, then saw his dark look. “Never mind, It’s lovely. Is there more?”

"Through yonder grove, by the spring that is running,/There you and I have so merrily played,/Kissing and courting and gently sporting,/Oh, my innocent heart you've betrayed!/"How could you slight so a pretty girl who loves you,/A pretty girl who loves you so dearly and warm?/Though love's folly is surely but a fancy,/Still it should prove to me sweeter than your scorn.

Buffy sat back and watched Spike closed his eyes as if remembering times past, his voice a soft melody.

"Soon you will meet with another pretty maiden,/Some pretty maiden, you'll court her for a while;/Thus ever ranging, turning and changing,/Always seeking for a girl that is new."
His voice sounded like honey, soft and smooth, his accent making the song sound more lovely. Buffy felt heat flush into her face when she realized she was staring at his lips moving.

Thus sang the maiden, her sorrows bewailing;/Thus sang the poor maid in the valley below:/"Oh don't deceive me, Oh never leave me,/How could you use a poor maiden so?"” Spike ended the song, noticing Buffy staring at him. “Feel like a bit of the rough and tumble?”

Coming to her senses, she looked at him shocked. “What!?”

“Me ... You…” she continued to stare at him, her face turning even more red. “Patrolling? Hello?”

“Oh. Uh ... I …” she looked down, surprise on her face as if she hadn’t realized the box was still open and out. “I haven’t finished going through your box.”

Spike sat back. “There’s nothing much left besides old letters-”

Buffy picked up a silver locket. “What’s this?”

“It was a gift to Cecily, my first love.” he said, taking the offered necklace from her.

“Why did you get it back?” she asked, rummaging around, finding a folded up piece of paper.

“After I… read a poem and told her I loved her, she threw it at me and told me I was beneath her.” he answered, putting the necklace back in the box.

“She was a bitch anyways. I’m glad she went back to the mother country,” Buffy scoffed, unfolding the paper. “This the poem?”

“Buffy!” Spike went to dive for the paper, but she pulled back, keeping it out of his reach. “Give it!”

“No!” Buffy laughed, placing a hand on his chest to keep him from getting closer. She adverted her eyes to the paper, reading it out loud in a horrible impersonation of his accent. “"My soul is wrapped in harsh repose,/ midnight descends in raven-colored clothes,/ but soft...behold!/” Spike grabbed the paper, folding it back up, causing her to pout. “Oh, come on! I was having fun! Let me see it. I liked it, and I want to hear the rest.

“It’s bullocks.” he shook his head.

“Please?” she crawled towards him. “Please!?”

Spike suddenly felt all the heat rush from his brain down to his cock as he watched her on all fours, begging, and giving him a very nice view down her shirt. That and her pout, the bottom lip puffed out. “Buffy.” he said, his voice breaking in lust.

“Please?” she placed her hands on each of his thighs, unaware of the effect it was having on him, until she noticed his erection, her face snapping up to look at his with a deer-in-the-headlights look.

His eyes bored into hers, the cerulean blue darkening into a deep midnight blue. “A sunlight beam/ cutting a swath of glimmering gleam./ My heart expands,/ 'tis grown a bulge in it,/ inspired by your beauty... effulgent."

She found her breathing labored, her chest heaving to get oxygen to her brain, and had difficulty talking as if something was lodged in her throat. “I… It… was n-nice. Did y-you write it?”

“Yes,” was all he said, his eyes lowering to her mouth. “Buffy.”

“Yeah-huh?” she responded, unaware about what he was planning to do.

“I’m going to kiss you.” he told her, and before she could reply, grabbed her, pulling her hard against him, his mouth covering hers.
Chapter Sixteen by dhwritertex
Author's Notes:
Here’s a request: If anyone would like to make a banner for the story, it would be much appreciated. I give thanks to all those who have reviewed. It really helps with the progression of the story and gives me encouragement.
Chapter Sixteen

He didn’t let her answer right away, with his head dipping to hers capturing her lips in a kiss. His kiss was gentle yet passionate against her lips, the softness of his causing her to moan, which he used to his advantage to slip his tongue into her mouth, devouring her. The feeling of triumph passed through his heated mind as her hands wrapped around his back, pulling him closer against her body. Her tongue reached out to tentatively caress his which caused him to groan, and he moved them so they laid on the floor with him on top of her.

Buffy was in a daze, passion and desire swirling in her brain. “Spike…”

“It’s been so long, Buffy,” he murmured, his hands moving over her body, with his mouth trailing kisses down her jaw to her neck. “I’ve wanted you for so long, so much.”

She shuttered when she felt a hand go up her white tank top. “Wait… oh…” she moaned as she felt his hand reach her breast, no bra preventing him from touching bare skin.

“No waiting. We both want this…” he placed a knee in between her legs, spreading them so he could settle his body over her.

She whimpered as he ground his erection against her pelvis, the friction against her most sensitive area causing her clit to throb. “Oh… God…” she moaned and arched her back off the floor when she felt his thumb and forefinger flick and knead her nipples into hardness, first one then the other, “Mmm, Spike.”

“Come on. Let’s see what we can ‘ave, if just for tonight.” But he knew he’d still want her again when it was all over.

He lifted her shirt just enough to uncover her breast, then lowered his head to suckle them, his tongue circling around one tender nipple before genteelly latching on with his lips and teeth, then giving her other breast the same treatment.

In the back of Buffy’s mind, she knew there was something that unnerved her, but couldn’t figure out what it was as Spike kept up his onslaught, determined to make love to her on his…

After a few moments she found the will power to push at him. “Spike, wait.”

He paused, raising himself on his forearms, concerned. “What, luv?”

She pulled her shirt down to cover herself. “I’m not ready for this.”

He tilted his head in further confusion, “What do you mean?”

She felt herself turn beat red. “I’m not losing my virginity on your bedroom floor.”

“Wh… you… bloody hell.” Spike stood up, and helped her to stand up, ever the gentleman. “So, Finn…”

She fidgeted under his scrutiny. “He lied.”

The face he made was nothing but unadulterated hatred. “That… asshole!”

Buffy frowned, her eyes narrowing. “Well, it certainly makes me feel better, knowing my step brother doesn’t want to fuck me because I’m not a slut.”

He gave her a dark look. “Don’t call me that.”

“What? Step brother?” Confusion was written across her face.

“I will never be anything brotherly to you,” his face softened. “I’m mad at the fact that Finn soiled your virtue. I mean I did punch him in the nose when I first heard his rumors-”

“You hit him?”

“Well, yeah.”

Buffy sighed, shaking her head. “Let’s just go out patrolling so this night will end.”

As she went to go to his window, he grabbed her arm, turning her to face him. “We have to talk.”

“Spike-”

“Buffy, what we just did-”

She help up her hands. “Stop. Let’s just go-”

“I’m not ignoring this.” he told her.

She rolled her eyes. “And when do you ever ignore anything when it comes to me?”

“Buffy-”

She sighed, deciding to give him a crumb. “Okay. We’ll talk about this later.”

He tilted his head, regarding her. “You mean that?”

She nodded her head. “You have my word.”

It was his turn to sigh. “Right,” he took her hand and lead her to his window. “Later.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was dark and cold were she sat, her blonde hair drenched and her make-up smeared. She was shaking from both the temperature and from fear. There had been a ambush… Oh God! Spike! Fresh tears began to fall over the smudges of the last shed tears. It was her fault. She killed another person she had loved. No... Darla Buffy shook her head as she rocked herself in a fetal position against the crypt wall, the memories of hours earlier.

“Buffy! Look out!” Spike yelled out seeing a vampire lunge at her from the corner of his eye.

She took the warning and ducked, the vampire sailing over her. As she got up, she saw that they where surrounded by twenty vampires. She staked the airborne vampire in the back as he went to get up, making a total of nineteen… then there was clapping. Looking to the right, Buffy and Spike watched as two female vampires came out of the shadows. The clapping one was Darla. The other, twirling her red dress as she danced to her own tune, was Drusilla.

Buffy frowned. “What are doing here?”

“Such good little dollies. I’ve been good! Our Willy has come to play with us!” Dru sing-songed with a smile.

“About that…” Spike arched an eyebrow, regarding the insane vampiress.

“See, Dru here told me some important information tonight,” Darla told the Slayers, as the two Master Vampires advanced towards them. “It seems that Spike here, has a very important schedule to keep.”

“Drink from the fountain, he will,” Dru grinned evilly. “But not Sunshine.”

“No,” Darla’s yellow eyes landed on Buffy. “You get to wait for Saturday for what will happen to you.”

“What happens on Saturday?” Buffy asked, glancing to Spike, waiting for the moment to jump into battle.

“I kill you.” It was those words, said with such finality, that caused the fight to break out.

Endlessly, Buffy found herself punching and kicking, only a few times to check to see how her partner was fairing himself. Spin after spin, Buffy fought, dusting a few, the remains, lightly covering her. Then the rain began to fall and thunder filled the sky. She was on her fifth vampire when she looked over to Spike, seeing Darla lunge towards his back.

“Spike!” she shouted out.

He staked the vampire he was fighting and turned to Darla. Horror filled Buffy’s face as she watched the blonde vampiress plunged a knife in his stomach.

“No!” She screamed before she was tackled by two vampires.

He looked to her shout, and saw her struggling in the mud to free herself and get to him. “Buffy!”

She staked one of the two vampires and kicked the other one away. “Spike!” Tears ran down her mud and rain covered face.

Blood began to drip out of his mouth. “Run! Get out of here!”

She was about to get up and go to him, but the fear in his face stopped her. Tears welled in her eyes and she said softly. “I love you.” Before she took off with four vampires chasing after her.


It was quiet now, as Buffy sat by herself in her hiding place. She had easily dispatched two of the four vampires, the other two losing her trail as she had ran as fast as she could through the maze of forest and graveyard. She looked to her watch, mildly surprised that it had survived her ‘swim’ in the rain and mud. It was two hours till sunrise. Getting up on shaky legs, she pulled open the crypt door and looked out in the darkness. Satisfied that she felt no vampire presence, she left her hiding spot and headed towards the direction where they had been ambushed, tripping over tree roots and sticks in her haste.

When she reached to the place she dropped to her knees, wailing a pained cry. The was nothing but blood, his blood, all over the wet grass, soaking into her ripped jeans. Clawing at the grass, she felt anger build up inside her threatening to choke her. Then, there was a sound. Buffy stooped her crying automatically to listen closely, her survival instinct kicking in.

There was something a few yards away… Buffy fell backwards on her behind as a bloodied hand shot out of the dirt, both startling her and scaring her. A few seconds later, a second hand shot out of the ground. She scrambled to her feet. A zombie… No… a vampire. She grabbed her stake out of the waist band of her jeans and raised her weapon in the air in defense.

A few seconds later the rest of the fresh grave gave away, and Buffy was stunned, immobile from shock and she watched a figure with platinum blonde hair pulled himself out of his grave, a keening, pained yell coming deep within his chest.

Spike looked around wildly, sending particles of dirt out of his hair as he tried to pull his thoughts together as he was assaulted with different noises and smells. He paused when a familiar smell filled his nostrils and looked up, his yellow eyes landing on Buffy.

“Slayer.” he said, his feral mind coming to one conclusion: Another Slayer… mate.
Chapter Seventeen by dhwritertex
Chapter Seventeen

“No. No. No,” Buffy took a step backwards as he advanced on her. “That's not gonna lead anywhere good.”

“Slayer,” Spike growled backing her up to the side of a mausoleum. “Mine!”

She paused, lowering the stake slightly. “Huh?”

With lightning quick speed, he pushed her up against the wall, his mouth smashing into hers as he kissed her passionately.

“A warrior of light will enter darkness in death. In order for balance, the warrior must bond with the remaining light. For the past will come and create disorder and bring about the end of the world.”

“Sunshine.” Buffy murmured, then pulled her arms around his neck, the stake forgotten, kissing him back with as much force, moaning in the back of her throat when his tongue slipped in to caress hers.

“Slayer mine.” Spike said in between kisses to let her breathe.

His free hand roamed down her body, palming her breast through the tank top.

“Spike.” she moaned as she arched her back.

He slipped his hand down her jeans, past her panties, and pressed his thumb against her clit. He could smell her wet and ready for him already.

“Oh God.” she gasped when he began to rub her and stroke her in earnest.

“Slayer.” he said huskily, reverently, kissing her softly, but still passionately, careful to not cut her with his incisors.

“Spike...” she moaned, arching her hips against his hand, is other unsnapping her jeans and pulling them down to pool at their feet.

She soon found herself surged up against him and wrapped her legs around his waist as he ground his erection against her. He reached down in between their bodies, unbuckling his belt and unzipped his jeans, freeing his aching cock. She kissed him with abandon, so far in lust that she didn’t realize the moment he ripped her panties away, leaving her bare to his gaze and vulnerable to what they were about to do.

“Mine.” he growled.

“Yes,” She nodded, and her moan of pleasure into his mouth ended on a scream as he thrust up into her welcoming heat to the hilt. “Oh God!”

His demon face receded, his yellow eyes fading into blue. Buffy watched as his eyes searched her tear-filled ones, then realized what was going on, shock and awe written on his face. It then turned to anguish.

“Fuck!” he whimpered. “Buffy, I’m so sorry!”

He put his hands on her hips to move away, but she held onto him more tightly. “No! I want this!”

After a few moments she began to move slowly up and down on him, an expression of pleasure on her face, her inner walls clenching, growing wetter from the feel of his cool shaft.

He groaned when she squeezed her muscles around him, and dug his fingers into her hips, almost at a bruising force as he guided her to a steady rhythm.

“Oh fuck.” Spike moaned, kissing her as he searched for the spot that would make her feel so good and scream his name as she came.

“Uh…” Buffy gasped when he found it, throwing her head back against the side of the mausoleum wall, feeling his cock driving into her, pounding into her. “… Harder…”

“Gonna… make you feel… so good…” he needlessly panted as he thrust harder with increased speed, angling his hips so every one of his thrusts hit the bundle of nerves inside her. “Gonna… make…. You cum… so hard…”

“Spike!” she held tighter on to him, placing her head on his shoulder.

“Buffy.” he growled, feeling her legs crushing him, and felt her pushing against his trusts, causing the base of his cock to rub against her clit. Soon he could feel her pussy tightening against his shaft, a sign that she was close, along with the tightening of his balls, announcing how close he was too. He slid his hand in between them, and rubbed her clit as he continued to pound her into the wall. “Cum for me, baby. Let it go.”

Buffy cried out, bucking against his hand and pelvis, “Uh… Spike!”

She shattered as her climax took over her, her inner walls shivering and quaking, and with a roar of her name he came, vamping out and striking her throat, causing Buffy to have a second orgasm.

“Mine!“ He roared, his thrusts increasing in speed as her quaking pussy milked his cock for all it was worth.

“Yours!” She cried out, gasping as another orgasm racked through her body.

His knees soon gave away as they collapsed to the ground with Buffy on top of him, both spent from the passion they both had released from each other.

When Buffy finally caught her breath, she became aware of where she was and what she had done. She sat up, which Spike moaned at the movement on his cock, her eyes going wide when he felt him harden inside her.

She scrambled off of him much to their bodies protest, saw the bedroom look Spike gave her, and grimaced when she felt her muscles sore and thick wetness slide down her legs, “Oh my God.”

His face suddenly fell, and he looked down as silent tears began to fall. “I’m so sorry… I… I know it doesn’t take it back… but… Oh God!”

“Spike,” Buffy said softly and he looked up to watch her pick up her jeans and find a clean tissue to wipe herself with. She then pulled on her jeans and looked to his face on to see both a lust-filled and guilt-filled look in his eyes. “It’s okay.”

Spike stood up, tucked himself back in his pants, zipped up and buckled his belt. “Right. ‘Cause attacking you like that was nothing wrong.”

She smoothed the wrinkles in her clothing. “Well, I won’t say you don’t need to work on your grabby issues. But, really, it’s going to be okay.”

She went to grab his hand, but he flinched away from her. “No, it’s not! I basically raped you!”

Her eyes narrowed. “Okay, did you not notice when I started kissing you back?”

He looked away. “It doesn’t matter. I still would have done it. My demon saw you as his and-”

“That’s the point.” her soft words got his attention. “We where supposed to be together.”

“I’m a vampire now,” Spike grimaced, hate showing when he said the word. “I was meant to die.”

“The prophesy, it came true,” Buffy told him. “You bonded with the remaining light.”

Hearing the words made him pause. “And you…”

Tears welled in her eyes. “Did you hear my last words to you?”

Tears welded in his own. “You were tellin’ the…” Suddenly angered, he smashed a fist into the wall. “An’ I took your virginity against a damn mausoleum in a cemetery!”

He was once again, shaking with sorrow, tears breaking away from his blue eyes. He stopped when she put a hand on his shoulder. “Spike, It doesn’t matter anymore. When I saw you get stabbed… I realized how much I love you and I regretted not taking the chance for us a year ago,” she then smiled at her own joke. “Besides, I’m a Slayer. Doesn’t it seem more fitting?”

He then regarded her. “Do you think I kept my soul?”

She gave him a look. “With all your crying, I’m gonna say yes,” At his shame-filled sheepish look, she took his hand and smiled softly. “Let’s go home and see for sure.”
Chapter Eighteen by dhwritertex
Chapter Eighteen

“Wait.” Spike stopped when they arrived home. “I don’t know if I can do this.”

“I’m sure it will be okay.” Buffy caressed his hand with her thumb.

“Yeah, when da sees me an’ brandishes a stake in my face.” he scoffed.

“Well, did Giles do that when you guys had nightmares come to life?” she tilted her head.

He regarded her carefully. “No… he was very supportive. But that wasn’t entirely real.”

“Like I said, I’m sure everything is going-” she did get to finish her sentience because the door swung open, revealing Giles.

“Thank God you both are okay. It’s been hours…” the older man noticed the state of the teenager’s clothing.

They both were wet and muddy from head to toe, along with caked dried blood on their clothing and various parts of their flesh. While Buffy’s hair was mated to her head and partially on her face, Spike’s was curly and almost brown due to the dirt and mud mixed in it.

Joyce, seeing the two Slayers, grabbed her daughter and pulled her inside to give her a deep hug, “My baby, oh my god, are you okay?”

“I’m okay.” Buffy mumbled into her mother’s shoulder.

“We were attacked.” Spike told his father as his eyes shifted to the floorboards of the porch.

Giles nodded in understanding, and headed back into the house. “Well, I’m glad you both made it out unscathed. As for the situation with Darla and Drusilla…” Giles turn to see his son not moving from his spot. “Spike?”

Giving a heartfelt sigh, Spike walked up to the doorway and placed his palm on the invisible barrier. A silent tear fell. “It’ a funny thing really.”

Both Giles and Joyce stood there, stunned silence with shocked disbelief.

Buffy extracted herself from her mother’s embrace. “Spike you can come-”

“Don’t,” Spike said shortly. “I’m not letting you endanger yourself and the others.”

“Oh please-” she rolled her eyes.

His eyes narrowed. “You were there when I ‘woke up’.”

“I knew what I was getting into.” she tilted her head, unconsciously revealing the bite mark on her neck to his gazed.

His eyes flashed yellow. “Slayer.” he said huskily, reverently, kissing her softly, but still passionately, careful to not cut her with his incisors.

“Spike...” she moaned, arching her hips against his hand, is other unsnapping her jeans and pulling them down to pool at their feet.

“I swear, Buffy, if you think I’m gonna-”

“Why don’t you come into the house and prove it?” she then put her hands on her hips, smiling triumphantly.

Spike blinked, confusion on his face, then in realization, glared at her. “Well, great just let a killer into the house.”

She rolled her eyes as she turned towards the stairs, “Goodnight, Spike.”

Giles opened the door further as Spike walked in, the invisible barrier giving away. “Do you have your soul?”

“Don’t know,” Spike shrugged as he followed in Buffy’s direction, which his room was next to hers. “I’m locking myself in my room until we find out.”

“Oh no you’re not.”

The short words of Joyce had both son and father turning to face her.

She tilted her head, her arms crossed, a perfect picture of an older Buffy. “You are going to school in the morning.”

Spike gave her a look. “I think it’s now beyond pointless-”

“You are finishing school and that’s final!”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was after school as the Scoobies all gathered in the library. Willow was checking to make sure the crossbow was in working order. Tara was looking through books to see if she could find a spell that would help them find out if Spike had his soul, which they all had a feeling he did after his rant about not wanting to drink any human blood, to which Buffy threw the stolen hospital blood in his face.

“Well, fine starve then!”

“You insufferable bitch!”

“Well, you’re like who you chose to be with!”

To which that statement as Spike left to go to a dark room to get a nap in, due to being up all day and having to duck and dodge around the opened windows and sunlit hallways, Buffy explained to everyone the… edited version of the pervious night. At that, Angel was the one to research on the prophesy with Anya, many books displayed before them on the table.

Jenny had the duty of getting wood for the stakes that Cordellia and Xander making, whittling away, arguing on less important matters as to who would end up winning over the ‘Epic Love Battle’ that was Spike and Buffy.

“I’m telling you, Spike loves her and-” Xander when to say but was interrupted.

“And Buffy won’t let him touch her, even with a ten foot pole.” Cordellia concluded a-matter-of-factly.

Buffy ignored her friend’s bickering, willing away the flush that was treating to present itself on her face. She raised large sharp machete, then slammed it to the table. She was preparing a vegetable tray.

“For three nights the unholy ones scourge themselves into a fury,” Giles lectured on, reading from a book. “Um, culminating in a savage attack on the night of St. Vigeous.”

“ Does anybody remember when Saturday night meant date night?” Xander asked absently.

“You sure don't.” Cordellia said flippantly.

Xander narrowed his eyes. “Uh, hello? My girlfriend is sitting not five inches away from me.”

“She is kind of right,” Anya said, not looking up from her book. “If it’s not saving the world on a weekly basis, we’re off having sex. We hardly have time to go out.”

“Ooo!” Buffy exclaimed suddenly after looking at the clock on the wall. “Parents start arriving in an hour. Okay, so, um, banners are in place, the lounge is comfy... What am I forgetting?”

“Punch?” Tara reminded her.

“Punch,” Buffy nodded. “I need, I need punch!”

“My fingers are cramping,” Cordellia stopped her work to examine her nails. “How long have I been doing this?”

“Three minutes.” Angel said, sitting back to rub his temples from the headache he was having from having nothing to look at besides words, most cryptic, and others unreadable as they were in a different language.

“So, can I go now?” Cory continued to whine. “They don't need this many stakes. I mean, if this female Drusilla is as creepy as Buffy said, it should be over pretty quickly.” That statement had Buffy glare to which the cheerleader gave her a sympathetic look. “We're still all rooting for you on Saturday against Darla and Drusilla. I'd be there for you myself if I didn't have a leg wax.”

Buffy rolled her eyes and put the machete on the table. “You guys hold down the fort. I'm punch bound. Oh, and make sure Spike gets fed and is up in time for the Parent-Teacher Night.” She then left the library. As soon as she was gone Xander and Cordellia both reached over and grab something off of the vegetable tray. As if having a sixth sense, Buffy stuck her head back in the door. “No!”
Chapter Nineteen by dhwritertex
Chapter Nineteen

It was an hour later when Buffy stood at the welcome table, doling out the punch into cups.

“What kinda punch did you make?” Willow asked as she walked over to greet her best friend.

“Uh, lemonade,” Buffy handed her a cup. “I made it fresh and everything.”

“How much sugar did you use?” Willow asked, talking a sip.

“Sugar?” Buffy wondered.

Willow grimaced at the incredibly sour taste, and put the cup down. “It's very good.”

“Okay, now all I have to do is keep my mother and Snyder from crossing paths for the rest of the night.”

“Hi, Mrs. Summers.” Willow said, seeing Buffy’s mother walk over.

“Hi, Willow. Hi, honey. Did you, uh, do all this?” The elder Summers gestured to the lemonade and the decorations.

“Yeah! Um, well, Spike too,” Buffy picked up a cup. “Here, have some lemonade-” she then saw Snyder “Right after Willow shows you the library. I have to stay here and hostess.” she said as she put the cup back down.

“Great, the library,” Willow put her arm around Joyce's shoulder, then remembered the Scooby meeting and how Joyce felt about slaying intervening with school. “Uh, um, ooo, no, G-Giles and everyone…”

“...is locked in there studying.” Buffy added. “Right. French class it is!”

Willow lead Joyce away just as Snyder arrived to stand next to Buffy. “Was that your mother?”

She grabbed a cup and a ladle full of lemonade and turned toward him. “Here,” she faked a spill. “Oh! Oh, sorry! Um, yeah! Yeah, I was gonna introduce you, but, um, she wouldn't have said much. Y'know, she doesn't speak a word of English.”

He gave her a look as if he didn’t believe her. “And where is Spike?”

“Studying.” Buffy let out a worried moan and looked up at the clock as Snyder turned to head in Willow and Joyce’s direction.



It was two hours later that Cordellia left the library and found Buffy at the welcome table. “Giles has us locked up in that library working on Spike’s and your weapons. Even slaves get minimum wage.” She then proceeded to stare at the stress out slayer.

“What?” Buffy glared.

“You're starting to look a little slagged,” The cheerleader said. “What, are you just skipping foundation entirely now?”

“Cordellia,” Buffy sighed. “I have at least three lives to contend with, none of which really mesh. It's kind of like oil and water and a... third unmeshable thing.”

“Yeah, and I can see the oil,” she looked to see Joyce talking to Willow. “Now, your mom,” Buffy looked over in the direction of her mother. “That is a woman that knows how to moisturize. Did it, like, skip a generation?”

“Well,” Joyce said, walking over to the girls with Willow. “I believe that I have seen every classroom on campus, and just as I get there all of Spike’s and your teachers miraculously have stepped out.”

Willow smiled over Joyce's shoulder, proud of herself.

“Oh!” Buffy noticed Snyder heading towards them. “Oh. Um, but you haven't seen the boiler room yet. And, you know, that's really interesting, what with the boiler being in the room and all.” she laughed nervously.

Joyce offered her hand to Snyder. “Hi. I'm Joyce Summers. I'm Buffy's mother and Spike’s step-mother.”

Snyder ignored the proffered hand. “Principal Snyder. I'm afraid we need to talk. My office is down here.”

They watched as both of the adults left, and Cordellia had a huge smile on her face.

“He didn't look very happy.” Buffy spoke worriedly.

“But you and Spike did such a good job.” Willow frowned.

“When they're done talking…” Cordellia trailed off.

“What?” Buffy asked impatiently.

“My guess?” Cordellia responded. “Tenth high school reunion, you'll still be grounded.”

Buffy glared at her.

Willow rolled her eyes. “Cordellia, have some lemonade.”

Cordellia headed over to the punch table.

Giles and the rest of the gang sat in the library as they continued with their work.

“Oh, there you are.” Giles said, causing them all to look up.

“There who is?” Anya asked.

“Our new friend Drusilla. She's known as 'Dru the Crazed'. She earned her nickname by torturing her victims with various objects and her sense of fortunetelling of the future. Very pleasant. Well, here's some good news: she's barely two hundred. He's not even as old as Darla is. Which is probably taken into the account that Darla Sired her years after she herself was Sired,” he then frowned. “Oh.”

“W-what?” Tara asked.

“That's a bad look, right?” Xander added.

“I think your suggestion of running away this Saturday might've been a good one,” Giles looked around to each of the faces staring at him intently to hear the rest of the news. “Drusilla has fought two Slayers in the last century, and... she's killed them both.”

Angel put his face in his hand. “Yeah, running would have been good.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The girls watched as Snyder and Joyce made their way back to the table, Snyder looking pleased and Joyce looking angered.

“Where is Spike?” Joyce glared, then pointed at her daughter. “You, in the car, now.”

Buffy and Willow exchange a concerned look, then Buffy started towards the door, her eyes to the ground, defeated, as Joyce set of to find her step-son. Buffy turned her head to look back at Snyder, who was going around turning off the lights. Snyder went to another switch by the back wall next to a large window and turned it off.

Just then, two vampires suddenly came crashing through the window. Buffy looked back to see several more vampires follow, as they stormed into the room. Joyce paused, holding onto her daughter hand. The rest of the people nearby panicked and began to run around.

Buffy let go of her mother and walked to stand in front of the vampires, who had lined themselves up, and two female figures approached, causing the line to part.

“What can I say?” Darla grinned, her smile wide. “I couldn't wait.”
Chapter Twenty by dhwritertex
Chapter Twenty

There was a fraction of a second where Buffy and the vampires just stared at each other, waiting to see who would make the first move, the ‘shot heard ‘round the world’. Buffy paused. Since when did history class stick in her mind. It must have been an insane thought due to her mounting fear. And as Buffy would have guessed it, the first vampire to make the attack was the one that gave her a clue about the prophesy.

“Bad Sunshine!” Drusilla shrieked, lunging for the blonde Slayer. “You can’t keep William from us!”

Out of a moment of desperation, Buffy grabbed a random chair that was in the lounge and threw it at the crazy vampiress, tripping her up. Buffy then preceded to run back to her mom, took the elder Summer’s hand, and preceded to run out into the hall and towards the right, only to change their course to left when the Slayer saw vampires coming in that direction.

Still in the lounge and enraged by Buffy flight, Darla grabbed on of her minions. “Go get that bitch!”

People were running around screaming, panicked for their lives, and Buffy saw that in this situation, it would be easy pickings for the vamps with people not being calm and thinking clearly. “Everybody, this way!”

She stopped for a brief moment to shove a cleaning cart into the two vampires chasing the group with her, hoping to buy them time to find a safe secure area.

Willow and Cordellia were running out of the lounge and nearly tripped over the fallen vamps. They went to go to the right, but suddenly Cordellia was grabbed by a vampire, causing her to scream.

“Hey!” Willow grabbed a bust from a display pedestal and swung hard at the vampire’s face knocking him of her friend’s girlfriend. She then grabbed the captain cheerleader’s hand. “Here.” She said before them pulled them both into a closet.

Giles and the rest of the Scoobies ran out of the library out into the hall to see what was all the commotion.

“What the bloody hell…?!” Giles exclaimed, seeing as Buffy’s group running towards them.

“Darla and Drusilla with an army! Look out!” Buffy yelled. “Willow and Cordellia ran the other way!”

The Scoobies ran back into the library after fighting off a vampire and slammed the door shut, locking it. Meanwhile, Buffy opened the door to the science classroom. They barricade the door with a storage cabinet, hoping to keep the vampires out.

“Who are those people?” One of the men in the group asked, his voice laced with fear. “What do they want?”

“They’re-” Joyce went to inform him but Snyder interrupted her.
“Yes! PCP! It's a gang on PCP!” The principal paused, desperation overcoming him as he grabbed a desk, sat it in front of a window and started to climb. “We've gotta get out of here.”

“You can't go outside!” Buffy shouted at him. “They'll kill you!”

“You don't tell me!” Snyder snapped. “I tell you!”

“They will kill everybody in this room,” Buffy pulled him down. “Nobody goes out, nobody comes in until I say so. Do you hear me?”

Snyder narrowed his eyes. “Who do you think you are?”

“I'm the one that knows how to stop them,” she said calmly, then looked up and walked across the room, trying to find a way into the ceiling.

Joyce grabs her by the shoulders. “Buffy, are you crazy? You know what they did to Spike. You can't go out there.”

“I’m the only one here that can end this,” the teen grabbed a stool and sat it on a lab table, then climbed up and push the ceiling panel aside. She looked down to her mother and gave the older woman a soft smile. “Don’t worry, Mom.”

Tuning away form the phone after seeing that the lines have been cut, Giles looked around the library. “Wait… there’s an old boarded up-cellar behind the stacks.” He turned to Xander. “You can get out of the school that way. Spike should be across the courtyard, in the old auditorium. There’s a projection room there that would have given him plenty of darkness away from the sunlight around campus earlier today. Go get him.”

Xander titled his head. “How do you know he’ll be there?”

Giles gave Xander a look. “You think I don’t know where his hiding spot from class and training is?”

Xander nodded and made his way to go get his best friend.

Darla and Drusilla stood in the hallway, next to Willow and Cordellia’s hiding spot, trying their best to find the female Slayer.

“Suuunshiiiiine!” Dru called out. “Where are you? I want to play!”

Hearing Buffy’s friend’s frantic heart beats and practically smelling their fear, Darla went to bust the door, but was stopped when Dru grabbed her arm. “What Dru?”

Dru put a finger to her lips. “Mummy, listen…” They paused listening to Buffy crawling above them, making her way towards the library. Drusilla laughed and began to dance. “Someone's in the ceeeeeiling! Little pitter patter, cakes for us!”

In the library, Giles stuffed stakes into his jacket pockets as Angel grabbed a battle-ax from the table.

“Hey!” Gile’s best friend Jenny made a dash to stand in their way. “What are you doing?”

“I’m not sitting around here, while my girlfriend and my friends are in danger!” Angel frowned.

“Listen! I am the Watcher and her step-father!” Giles exclaimed worriedly. “My wife is also out there! I am responsible for them, and I have, I have to go!” He began to push things aside with Angel.

“Rupert! Angel!” Jenny shouted causing them both to pause.

“Be careful.” Anya added.

“W-we’ll push e-everything back as soon a-as you both-” Tara was interrupted by Buffy falling from the ceiling, dropping to the floor, the loud crash causing the females to step back in surprise with both men lifting their weapons.

“Buffy!” Anya rushed to her cousin, helping her up. “You’re alright!”

Giles lowered the stake in his hand. “How are the others?”

Buffy shrugged out of her outer sweater. “Principal Snyder, my mother and four others are locked in the science room across the hall,” she put on Xander’s bag that was full of vampire weapons. “I don't know if they're... Where's Xander?”

“He got out through the stacks,” Angel told her. “He's getting Spike.”

Xander and Spike made their way across the courtyard only pausing for a moment when they saw a man lying dead on the grass.

“Huh,” Spike commented “Must have tried to escaped through the science class window.”

“So, um…” Xander began hesitantly. “You got a plan?” When he was greeted with silence he looked up to see his best friend in game face. He shrieked very much like a girl when Spike roared and grabbed him by the throat. “Good plan.” The brunette wheezed as the peroxide Slayer dragged him into the building.
Chapter Twenty One by dhwritertex
Chapter Twenty One

As Spike dragged Xander through the hallways of the school, he saw that there was pandemonium everywhere. People were crying, screaming, running and hiding. As they rounded a corner they came upon Darla and Dru shoving poles into the ceiling along with a couple of their. Spike could hear Buffy crawling in the ceiling, could practically smell her fear.

Sensing another strong vampire in the vicinity, Darla and Dru stopped, turning around to see Spike in game face, his hand around Xander’s throat.

“William!” Darla grinned.

Letting go of his hold on Xander’s neck, Spike opted to put his best friend in a headlock so the human could breath better. “Sire!”

“I’ll be damned.” Darla strode over to Spike and ran a finger down his cheek.

“Mummy-” Drusilla looked over Spike, seeing something odd, but was interrupted by Darla.

“You woke up, my lover. How does being a vampire feel? Anything different?” The blonde vampiress tilted her head.

“Everything.” Spike smiled, while Dru said it as a tortured moan.

“Yeah,” Darla ignored her first Childe. “Been against Buffy yet, or did you just wake up?”

“Been up,” Spike answered. “She's cute, but not too bright, though. I gave ‘er the puppy dog 'I'm all tortured' act,” he then laughed. “Keeps her off me back when I feed!”

Darla laughed with him. “People still fall for that Anne Rice routine. What a world!”

“I knew you were lying,” Xander narrowed his eyes, causing Spike to give him a squeeze to shut him up. “Undead liar guy.”

Spike grabbed Xander by the hair and shirt, exposing the brunette’s neck. “Wanna bite before we kill her?”

Just then, Dax and Victor broke the ceiling panel, causing Buffy to fall to the ground.

“Falling from the ceiling a second time, not so fun.” Buffy winced as she stood up, but ended on a gasp when Dru’s hand grabbed her by the throat.

“My Spike is tricking Mummy,” Dru growled in her ear. “Maybe Mum with have my attention now.”

Buffy looked around her surroundings, pausing in disbelief as she saw what was going on between Spike, Darla, and Xander’s neck.

Spike’s eyes found Buffy’s for a second, but acted as if it didn’t bother him so he could keep up his ruse with Darla.

“So,” Darla drawled, taking a quick glance towards Dru and Buffy, then turned back to Spike. “You’ve been up since last night. I haven't seen you in the killing fields yet.”

“I'm not much for company.” Spike shrugged.

Darla frowned for a moment. “I thought so. So, why are you so scared of this Slayer?”

Spike looked between his love and his Sire. “Scared?”

“Look at you. I bet this, uh, tortured thing is an act, right?” Darla backed away a few steps. “You're not... Broken?”

“Remember I used to fight alongside her?” Spike tilted his head. “Hey, you think you can take her alone? Be my guest. I'll just feed and run.”

He roared and bended to Xander’s neck, and to Buffy’s horror and her astonishment, Darla stopped him. “Wait! We’re family, we’ll do it together.”

The two blonde vampires slowly leaned in to Xander’s neck, but at the last moment, Darla punched Spike in the face, causing him to stagger back.

“You are my Childe! You think you can fool me!?” Darla shrieked. “You were my... Masterpiece!”

Spike shrugged. “Things change.”

“I can’t believe this!” Darla grabbed the pole she had dropped. “I’m very cross with you William.”

At that, it sent both Buffy and Spike into action. Spike shoved Xander out of the way and lunged for his Sire, along with Buffy sending Drusilla a backwards kick to the stomach.

When Dru righted herself, she stared into Buffy’s eyes. “The last Slayer I killed, she begged for her life.”

“I’m not the begging kind,” Buffy slowly walked to the vampiress, watching her intently. “You both shouldn'ta come here.”

“You’ve messed up my doilies,” Dru hissed. “You’ve put the sparkles in William. I will take them out.”

Buffy shook her head, taking a guess at what Dru was meaning. “Spike is fine the way he is. No need for him to run around soulless.”

“No,” Dru pouted. “I don’t like the sparkles. They aren’t fun.”

“Sparkles are fun!” Buffy reasoned. “Pretty and shiny and … sparkle-y. You should like the sparkles.”

“He will be how he was supposed to be,” Dru then smirked. “And after that, if you’re lucky, we’ll take you home to have a tea party. Maybe we’ll both have fun enjoying you. I promise it won’t hurt… much.”

“No, Dru,” Buffy narrowed her eyes, then punched the vampiress in the face. “It's gonna hurt a lot.”

While Buffy and Spike had their battles, Giles and the Scooby Gang left the library, helping everyone escape. Joyce and the group she was with left the science classroom, but instead of going to her husband, she saw Buffy and Spike fighting. Seeing an ax on the wall next to a fire extinguisher, the elder Summers broke the glass case.

Xander was fighting Dax, avoiding several punches and kicks. His own punch missed, and he got kicked to the ground from behind by Victor. Victor then grabbed him by the neck, but was punched off by Spike, who had took the time while Darla was on the ground to save his best friend.

Spike then dodged a punch from his Sire and landed four of his own. Darla grabbed his arm and shoved him into the wall, causing paint to chip and a dent in the wall. Spike slid down quickly, causing Darla’s next punch to go through the wall. He got behind the blonde vampiress and kicked her high and hard in the neck.

“You will pay!” Dru growled at Buffy, grabbing a pole and swung it at Buffy’s face, causing the blonde to fly back and land on the floor, stunned. “Bad Sunshine!”

Dru stood over Buffy and pulled her weapon back, ready to strike, but she suddenly got hit in the back of the head with a ax. The vampiress sprawled to the floor looking up to see her attacker, Joyce, standing over her with an ax in her hand, ready to swing again.

“You get the hell away from my daughter!” Joyce said in a threatening voice.

Darla looked to see her favorite Childe holding a pole above herself to protect against any blows and the female Slayer getting on her feet.

The blonde vampiress rushed to grab Dru, then looked between the Slayers and Joyce. “Humans!”

She then pulled Dru to her feet, then ran through the lounge and out the broken window, followed by Dax, Victor, and the rest of their army.

“Well, that didn’t make a lick of sense,” Spike said, helping Xander up and moving to his lover and his step-mother. “I’m not even human.”

Joyce exhaled the breath she hadn’t realized she had been holding and dropped the ax. “Nobody lays a hand on my children.”
Chapter Twenty Two by dhwritertex
Chapter Twenty Two

It was later that night, after Snyder and the police decided the attack was PCP gang related, after Xander and Spike’s talk, and after Cordellia and Willow escaped the closet after praying for a really long time, that Spike followed Buffy into her room.

“Buffy, about what you saw-” he went to explain, but Buffy stopped him.

“I know you were tricking them,” Buffy then gave him an odd look. “Anne Rice?”

“Xander told you that bit,” Spike then rolled his eyes then sighed. “Well, when a vamp is turned, a Childe, they go straight to their Sire if they aren’t there for the rising. I had to come up with something.” He then smirked. “Well, Xander fell for it anyways.”

Buffy smirked with him. “You know you’re talking about Xander, right? He’d believe it if you told him a cow was flying by the window.”

Spike laughed. “Yeah, I suppose.”

The entrance of Joyce made them somber.

“So,” Buffy ventured first. “What did you and Principal Snyder talk about anyway?”

Joyce arched a perfect eyebrow. “Principal Snyder said you both were a troublemakers.” They both looked down in shame, only to look back up when Joyce continued. “ And I could care less. I have a daughter and a step-son who can take care of themselves. Who are brave and resourceful and think of others in a crisis. I'm gonna sleep better knowing all that.” She then frowned. “Besides, I don’t like that man at all.”

“About how long till this wears off and you start ragging on us again?” Spike wondered, knowing it would be short lived with no scolding about the lack of school academics.

“Oh, at least a week and a half,” Joyce said before leaving them. “Dinner in about an hour.”

Buffy smiled at the thought of not getting in trouble. “Very cool!” She excitedly jumped and landed, laying on her bed. “This day seemed like it would never end.”

Spike nodded. “That it did.”

She felt the bed dip due to weight and felt Spike settle himself behind her. More like drape himself, she thought when she felt his chest against her back.

She lifted her head to look at him. “I thought you didn’t want me anymore.”

“What made you think that?” He asked as he wrapped his arms around her and began leaving light kisses along her neck.

She felt herself become heated and her stomach do flips, “You haven‘t touched me since last night.”

“Wanted to all day,” he told her, palming her breast and moved her so she was under him, then pulled off her tank top and bra so he could begin to suckle her breast.

“Spike!” Buffy moaned, her mind lost to the feelings he was invoking in her, her hands pushing his duster off his shoulders, the room suddenly feeling to hot, “Clothes off would be good.”

He lifted away from her briefly to pull off the duster and shirts, and kick off his boots and socks. As she kicked off her shoes and roamed her hands feverishly over his lean body and washboard abs, he threaded his fingers though her hair, felling its soft and silkiness.

“I love your hair, luv.” Spike whispered against her lips before claiming them in another searing kiss.

“You sure it’s not stupid.” She smirked when she was granted air after the kiss, feeling his hand lower to her skirt to unbutton and take off.

“No, it’s perfect. Like you,” he said throwing the skirt to where ever their other clothes hand gathered.

She threw her head back with a moan as his hand lowered her panties and brushed his fingers along her clit, “Oh God.”

He began to rub her, and inserted a finger into her channel, “God, so soft and wet. ’S gonna feel so good to be back inside you.”

Her breathing hitched and she moaned and bucked into his hand, “Please, Spike.”

He pushed her legs wider, settling himself in between her legs and with is other hand, reached to unbuckle his belt and pull off the remaining of his clothes, along with freeing his aching cock, “I love you so much Buffy.”

She blushed, watching him lick his fingers clean and bring her legs around him. “You do?”

“My world crumbled away when you left,” he then silenced her with a kiss.

She felt the tip of his cock brush along her wet slit, feeling a jolt of anticipation and pleasure.

She closed her eyes in pleasure, a lump forming in her throat, “Spike, I love you too.”

“I know,” he looked to her face. “No, open your eyes. Look at me. ’S me,” When she did, he thrust inside her to the hilt. “Buffy… so good… Christ!”

She bit into his shoulder to muffle the cry of pleasure and held him closer, then looked to his stormy gaze, seeing passion, “You feel so good too.”

His body commanded that he move, but he wanted to let her adjust to his size first. “My love. My goddess.”

“Are you going to write a poem for me?” Buffy smiled, sliding her legs around his waist, causing him to go deeper if it was even possible.

He pulled back only to thrust back inside her, at which she arched her back. “I already have… tons… in… fact.” He felt surrounded by her. She was everywhere. He kissed her, needing her to feel his emotions through it, needing to feel her soft lips against his. “So… good,” He watched the emotions dancing across her face, her mouth forming an ‘o’ as he thrust into her again and again. “Tight… wet… feel so good. Do you… like me inside you?”

“Yes!” She mewled, her green eyes wide, drowning into his cerulean blue eyes. “Spike! Uh… oh God…”

It was as if she felt connected to him, beyond the physical, like she could see into his soul. She saw want and need, softness and awe. From the look on his face, she knew that he could see her too, all the walls keeping her safe down for the time being. They continued their dance, the rhythm of their bodies, never changing tempo, and soon they were climaxing together, having reached the pinnacle of pleasure and crashed over the edge, both of them moaning and shuttering as they came. Spike thrust a few last times, then collapsed on top of her, spent for the time being.

“Wow.” Buffy panted a moment later, her breathing still heavy.

“Sorry,” He said as he lifted himself on his elbows, his heavy unnecessary breathing matching hers, “Didn’t mean to crush you.”

“You didn’t,” She replied, then began softly. “I’m sorry.”

“’Bout what?” He titled his head as he smiled softly. “You were amazin’.”

“I didn’t mean that,” She looked away. “At the school, I’m sorry I doubted you, if even for a moment.” At his look, she then blushed. “Besides, you really think I’m good?”

“Bloody perfect,“ he brought his finger to her chin and moved her to look at him, “What we ‘ad just now… felt like a revelation.”

She felt herself blush further, “You got the job done yourself.”

He grinned, “I was just tryin’ to keep up. The way you surrounded me… the way you felt…”

She gasped when she felt him hardened inside her, and lifted her head to kiss him. “That has to be a vampire thing.”

He smirked evilly. “You bring the monster out of me.”

“Buffy! Spike!” They heard Joyce approach the hallway. “Dinner! Where are- hello Spike.”

Spike had jumped off of Buffy with supernatural speed and grabbed Buffy’s door before her mother could open it all the way, poking his head out to greet her, “’Ello, Joyce.”

Joyce arched an eyebrow when he prevented her from opening it further, and notice that his once slicked back hair was now rumpled and curly, “What are you doing in Buffy’s room still?”

Spike did his best to look innocent, “Slayer stuff.”

She pushed at the door, but he held it in place firmly, “Slayer stuff?”

“Oh you know, the usual…” he trailed off, then muttered. “Monsters and whatnot.”

At seeing his eyes not holding to hers, Joyce couldn’t hold her suspicion any longer, “Spike, I want you both to talk with me and Rupert after dinner. I think it’s time the four of us had a little chat.”

His smile turned to a frown, “The four of us?”

“I’m going to send Dawn to bed to give us all privacy,” She then looked to the door and Spike began to wonder if mothers not only had eyes in the back of their heads, but also x-ray vision, “I’ll give you both ten minutes to shower and change.”

He watched as Joyce walked away and closed the door, then looked to find Buffy piling their clothes neatly on the bed, “I think we’re ‘ad, luv.”

“Better sooner than later, I guess,” She then looked up to Spike. “But its okay. We’ll just have to be straight with mom. That we’re mates.”
Chapter Twenty Three by dhwritertex
Chapter Twenty Three

Joyce watched with amusement and adoration as her beloved husband cleaned his glasses for the fifth time since they had began to wait for his son and her daughter.

“Spike and Buffy…You’re sure?” He asked as he placed the glasses back on the bridge of his nose.

“Rupert, I know what they were doing.” Joyce rolled her eyes in a way that had Giles wonder if that was where Buffy learned her calm sarcasm from. And the eye roll.

“Maybe we should have had Buffy and Dawn switch rooms so she wouldn’t be too close to his room?” He took his glasses off to clean them, but Joyce stopped the movement with a hand on his arm.

“And have them sneak around?” She then gave him a soft smile along with a soft look in the eyes. “Relax, dear.”

He placed them back on his nose, and then let out a sigh, “I’m not sure what to think about this. I’m feeling two different sides to this. First, I’m happy for my son, because I know he’s always liked Buffy, perhaps loved her. Then there’s the strange notion for me to pat my son on the back for picking such a lovely girl, which I will dismiss. Second, it’s for Buffy’s sake. I’ve always thought of her as the daughter I’ve never had. What do you think of this?”

“It was bound to happen. Almost four years ago, when my daughters came to Sunnydale to live with us when Hank handed them over, I saw the instant attraction between Buffy and Spike. But, since they had just finished middle school, I didn’t want to think of them in that way. They were kids. Still are, with them in their senior year. But I guess I should look at them as young adults now, right?” Joyce replied


“I think they’ve both proved their maturity, time and time again, what with being the Chosen Two,” Giles took her hand in his. “But, it is hard to admit when your children have grown up.”

Buffy and Spike chose that moment to enter the kitchen and sat at table across from Giles and Joyce.

“I… er… you can go first.” Buffy looked down at the table.

“We want you to know, first off, that Rupert and I don‘t think it’s wrong that you and Spike are together.” Joyce said, causing Buffy to look back up.

“Um… okay.” Buffy mumbled.

“How do you feel about each other?” Giles asked.

“We love each other.” Buffy told them.

“We are mates, Da. Don’t worry.” Spike took Buffy’s hand in his.

Giles leaned back at that, “That makes me feel somewhat better. And I guess the rituals for mating vampires are true in my books. Now, how long has this been going on?”

“Since the night of Spike’s death.” Buffy blushed.

“Well, with the sex anyway.” Spike agreed.

“So that time was both of your first-” Joyce went to ask, but found her self blushing when Spike shook his head.

“My first.” Buffy could swear that she had turned the color of a boiled lobster.

Spike frowned. “Joyce, my first time was somethin’ I’d rather not talk to you about. An’ I’ve ‘ad other girls after Darla.” He spat her name as if it was a horrible flavor in his mouth.

“Did you both use protect-” At the confused looks on both of their faces at Joyce‘s question, Giles took his glasses off to clean them.

“Are you on the pill, honey?” Joyce asked.

Buffy gave her mother a look, “Mom, vampires can’t have children.”

“Oh,” Joyce blushed, feeling a little stupid, then when she saw Dawn bounding in, stood up from her seat. “I’ll make dinner.”

“What happened to talking after dinner?” Spike asked his father.

“She changed her mind.” Giles mumbled, then his eyes flashed with interest suddenly. “Well, about you both being mates-”

Buffy interrupted. “Giles, I hardly think you want to hear the details.”

Giles then turned red. “Perhaps your right.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was a couple weeks later that Spike and Buffy where at the Bronze… without their friends. Correction: Angel and Cordellia were having their own date at the same place, sitting across the room, drinking coffee.

Buffy frowned at her and her mate’s progress of the night. First off, she had been late due to running into a vamp at Pop’s Pumpkin Patch, then so, she wouldn’t be late, decided she would show up, hair messy, and a little winded and sweaty from the fight. Now, she sat with Spike, not sure of a way to begin the conversation.

And to her utter horror, Spike sat back, a frown on his face. “A date. Who am I kidding?”

Buffy flushed in embarrassment, then stood up. “Know what? I need to go... put a bag over my head.”

Spike stood up, grabbing her arm. “It’s not you. It’s me.” Seeing the tears form in her eyes he went on to explain, “Dates are things normal people have. Girls who have time to think about nail polish and facials. Guys who have time to go over their outfits and think if he should have gotten the chocolates instead of the flowers. You know what I think about, ever since I’ve become the Slayer? Ambush tactics. Beheading. Not exactly the stuff dreams are made of.”

It took a moment for his words to process, and when they did, Buffy let out a slow smile and released the breath she had been holding. “You got me flowers.”

If Spike could have turned red, he would have. “I, uh, forgot them in my room.”

Buffy let out a nervous laugh. “And here I thought you were being quiet because you were thinking that perhaps this was a bad idea, not because of my lateness and bad looks.”

Spike smiled and pulled her against his body, his arms around her waist, kissing her on the mouth softly. “Anything with you, luv, would never be a bad idea.” He kissed her again. “And luv, you never look bad.”
Chapter Twenty Four by dhwritertex
Chapter Twenty Four

“This is a horrible idea.” Spike whined as he and his friends entered Ethan's Costume Shop two days before Halloween.

“Well, don’t look at me,” Buffy said, smiling when he wrapped his arms around her waist. “It’s not my fault Snyder’s in charge of the volunteer safety program for Halloween this year.”

“And note his interesting take on the volunteer concept.” Xander rolled his eyes going over to the toy weapons he spotted.

“Just what we needed,” Angel said, looking to see what was in the counter showcase. “A bunch of little kids that need people to take them trick-or- treating.”

“ Sign up and get your own pack of sugar-hyped little runts for the night.” Willow added, finding the costume she wanted.

“I'll stick to vampires.” Buffy looked up to Spike and smiled.

“You better.” He grinned, nipping her neck playfully.

Buffy then huffed. “Too bad he didn’t believe me when I told him I had developed carpal tunnel syndrome, and could tragically no longer hold a flashlight.”

Spike brought her hand to his groin. “I have something else in in mind for you to hold.”

Buffy turned red and freed her hand in time for Willow walked back over to them.

“Well, what else were you planning on doing tonight?” The red head asked.

Buffy grinned. “I was gonna stay in and veg,” she took a glance at Spike. “Among other things. Besides, it’s the one night a year things are supposed to be quiet for us Slayers.”

“Halloween quiet?” Xander said after grabbing his costume. “Oh, I figured it'd be a big old vamp scare- apalooza.”

They continued to walk around the store.

“Not according to Giles,” Buffy told them. “He swears that Halloween night is, like, dead for the undead.”

“Those wacky vampires! That's why I love 'em! They just keep you guessing!” Xander smiled, then gave his best friend a smirk.

Spike rolled his eyes. “I wish I could go with that tradition, but seeing as I still go to school…”

“So, what'd you get?” Buffy asked Willow.


“A time-honored classic!” Willow smiled, holding up a ghost costume.

“Okay, Will,” Buffy arched a perfect eyebrow. “Can I give you a little friendly advice?”

Willow frowned. “It's not spooky enough? “

“It's just...” Buffy began carefully. “You're missing the whole point of Halloween.”

Willow grinned. “Free candy?”

“It's come as you aren't night,” Buffy explained. “The perfect chance for a girl to get sexy and wild with no repercussions.

“Oh, she doesn’t get wild.” Angel came to the red head’s rescue.

Willow nodded in agreement. “Wild on me equals spaz.”

“Come as you aren’t night,” Xander then laughed. “Hey, Spike, you could go as a human!” The gang that was present narrowed their eyes. “Oh, I guess it’s too early to crack jokes about that.”

“Don't underestimate yourself,” Buffy continued the conversation with Willow. “You've got it in you.”

“Well,” Willow turned to Xander. “What did you get?”

He held up a toy military rifle out of his bag so they could see.

Spike arched his scarred eyebrow. “That's not a costume.”

The brunette gave them all a look. “I got fatigues from an Army surplus at home. Call me the Two-Dollar Costume King, baby!”

Angel rolled his eyes. “I thought that was why we were here instead of Party Town with Cordy, Anya, and Tara.”

“Hey, look, Xander…” Buffy said as he pointed the rifle at her. “I'm... really sorry about this morning.”

“Do you mind, Buffy? I'm trying to repress.” He told her.

“Okay, okay, then I promise, from now on I'll let you get pummeled.” She got out of Spike’s grasp and put her chin on Xander’s shoulder and pouted.

Xander rolled his eyes. “Thank you.”

Buffy smiled and turned to Angel. “What did you get?”

He held up fangs. “I thought it would be great irony.”

They all rolled their eyes, and to that a costume caught Buffy’s eyes. They all followed her to see her looking at frilly, red, billowy Victorian gown.

“Look at this,” she said, placing a hand on it.

“It's amazing.” Willow was awed.

“Too bulky. I prefer women in spandex.” Xander grinned.

Just then the owner of the store noticed the group looking at the dress and went over to them. “Please, let me.” He then took the dress off of it’s dressmaker’s mannequin.

“Oh, i-it's…” Buffy went to tell him it was okay, that she couldn’t afford it but he stopped her.

“Magnificent. Yes, I know. There.” Ethan held it up to her in front of a mirror. “My. Meet the hidden princess. I think we found a match. Don't you?”

Buffy looked to Ethan. “Oh, uh, I-I'm sorry. There's no way I could ever afford this.”

“Oh, nonsense. I feel quite moved to make you a deal you can't refuse,” He then looked to Spike. “I’ve got just the thing that would match you to your girlfriend.”

As Willow, Xander, and Angel went towards the front of the store, Buffy and Spike followed Ethan.

“This makes things more interesting.” Spike said, looking at Ethan, wondering where he had seen the man before. Well, one thing was for sure. The older man was British.

Buffy laughed. “We can be Elizabeth and William Giles, Lord and Lady of Sunnydale.”

Spike gave his mate a look. “Elizabeth?”

“It’s…” Buffy turned red. “Uh, my real name.”

“Do what!?”

“Well,” she explained. “When I got to elementary school, I decided I wanted to be called ‘Buffy’. It kind of stuck.”

“Well, if everyone’s name is changed in the family, why not yours also?” he said sarcastically.

“What do you mean?”

“Angel’s real name is Liam. His parents gave him the nickname ‘Angel’ because of his ‘angelic face’. I don’t see how, he’s got too large a forehead to be called an angel.”

Buffy gave him a look. “Are you telling me the only grandchildren in our entire family that don’t go by their regular names are Dawn and Conner?”

“What about Anya?” He asked.

“Anyanka.”

“Oh. Then, uh, yeah.”

“That’s… that’s kind of sad.”
Chapter Twenty Five by dhwritertex
Author's Notes:
As you can see, I decided to continue on with the story with the rest of the season :)
Chapter Twenty Five

It was dark and quiet in the old and abandoned warehouse, save for the television that played as Darla watched Buffy’s fight in the pumpkin patch.

She pulled her blonde hair back, the click of her heels sounding off as she moved closer to the screen. “Rewind that. Let’s see that again.”

Victor did as he was told as Darla strolled to another monitor.

“She’s tricky.” Drusilla said, gliding into the room, then sing-songed. “Baby likes to play.”

The scene where Buffy staked the vampire with the sign replayed once again on the screen.

Darla turned to Dru. “You see that? The way she stakes him with that thing? That's what's called resourceful. And the way she fights… she’d be another one to be a good vampire… but we now know what happens when you make Slayers vampires.” She turned to Victor. “Rewind it again.”

“Miss Edith needs her tea,” Dru said as she went to her Sire and wrapped her hands around Darla’s waist, then took a free hand along with Darla’s and put it to her breast. “Do you love my insides? The parts you can't see?”

“Eyeballs to entrails, my love,” Darla then frowned. “That's why I've got to study this Slayer. Once I know her I can kill her. And once I kill her you can have your run of Sunnydale. Get strong again. And then we will have William to ourselves.”

“Don't worry. Everything's switching. Outside to inside,” She breathed unnecessarily into Darla’s neck. “It makes them all weak.”

“Really?” Darla turned off the TV. “Did my girl have a vision?”

“Do you know what I miss?” Dru turned away to do a little dance. “Leeches.”

“Come on, talk to Mommy.” Darla ran a hand down Dru’s cheek.

Dru began to hum. “First, I saw how it was supposed to be… You, then the angel, then me an’ the boy,” she then grinned. “Naughty, naughty. Born after they were supposed too.” The younger vampiress then looked up, in full game face. “You can get him tomorrow, the angel. He will be weak like the others. We can be a family.”

Darla smiled. “This thing that makes them all weak? When is it?”

“Tomorrow night.” Dru began to clap her hands.

“Tomorrow's Halloween,” Darla frowned. “Nothing happens on Halloween.”

Drusilla began to sing. “Someone's come to change it all. Someone new.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The shop owner grinned to himself as he headed towards the back room of the shop. This time tomorrow, his plan of chaos will become reality. No Slayer would be there to stop him, as they both would be a helpless Victorian couple. And William would be human.

Ethan went through a curtain and kneeled before his statue of Janus. He pressed his hands together, wincing in pain, and the wounds on his palms touched, the blood flowing freely from them.

“The world that denies thee, thou inhabit,” he began chanting.

He dabbed the blood from his left hand with his right middle finger and smeared it over his right eyelid. “The peace that ignores thee…”

He dabbed the blood from his right hand with his left middle finger and smeared it over his left eyelid. “...thou corrupt.”

He dabbed the blood from his left hand with his right middle finger again and smeared a cross onto his forehead. “Chaos. I remain, as ever, thy faithful, degenerate son.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“So, where are the boys?” Buffy asked as she sat with her sister, Willow, Cordy, and Tara.”

“Playing a soccer game.” Cordellia shrugged, then took a bite out of her salad.

“Not Xander and Anya. They are off for their usual-” Dawn went to say but Buffy stopped her.

“Don’t.” Buffy frowned

“I am fifteen. I know what they’re doing.” Dawn smiled.

“We don’t vocalize it. Out of sight, out of mind. Remember that,” Buffy said then turned to Willow and Tara. “So, if you don’t mind me asking, when did you guys start dating?”

Willow smiled, holding Tara’s hand. “We met each other at band camp over the summer.”

“O-once school started, we quit due to the way we were treated.” Tara added.

“Smartest thing you both ever did,” Cordy nodded. “Being in the band would have made you both more geeky than you already are.”

Buffy arched an eyebrow. “I think it was a good idea, since they didn’t agree with your relationship. You can’t help who you love.”

Dawn sighed, muttering, “Isn’t that the truth.”

Willow then grinned. “Speaking of loves, yours is in the old auditorium, catching up on his vampire shut-eye. He couldn’t go out side due to his current crispiness that has to do with the sun.”

Buffy crossed her arms, leaning back in her chair. “Since Giles found out about me being Spike’s mate, he’s been way wiggy. I wish I knew more about claims than just the physical part.”

“It's too bad we can't sneak a look at the Watcher diaries and read up on them,” Dawn said off handedly. “I'm sure it's full of fun facts to know and tell.”

Buffy smiled, giving Willow ‘The Look’. “Yeah. It's too bad. That stuff is private.”

Willow arched an eyebrow, a smile on her face. “Also Giles keeps them in his office. In his personal files.”

“Most importantly,” Buffy tilted her head. “It would be wrong.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was moments later that Willow and Buffy were peeking through the round door window of one of the doubled library doors. When they didn’t see Giles, they looked to each other, then Buffy quietly opened a door and when into the room first. She paused for a moment, looking back at Willow, who gave her encouragement to continue. The door closed and Willow looked in through the glass to watch Buffy’s progress.

Buffy quietly made her way up to the counter and stopped to look around again for Giles. Satisfied that he was no where to be seen, she headed for his office.

“Buffy!” She spun around and to see him in the cage getting some old books. “Excellent!”

“Nothing!” At his odd look, she brightened into a forced smile. “Hi!”

“Yes, I-I just wanted to talk to you about tonight,” He told her. “As it should be, uh, calm, you and Spike might want work on some new battle techniques. I set up the basement into a training room.”

“You're beginning to scare me, Giles. You need to have some fun.” She waved to Willow to come in as he was looking down at his books.

Willow shook her head and mouthed “No.”

Giles looked up seeing Buffy pull her hand back, pretending she was scratching her head. “You know, there's this place you can go, right, and you sit in the dark, and there are these moving pictures, right, and the pictures tell a story.”

Giles rolled his eyes. “Yes, yes, ha, ha, very droll.”

Willow quietly opened the door, walking into the library.

“I'll have you know that I have very, uh, many relaxing hobbies,” he continued, regarding Buffy’s odd behavior.

She gave him a disbelieving look. “Such as?”

“Well, um…” Giles looked down frowning, his mind coming to a blank.

Buffy mouthed to Willow to goad her on, to give the redhead encouragement.

He looked up as if he found the answer. “I enjoy cross-referencing.”

“Do you stuff your own shirts, or do you send them out?” Buffy grabbed a book from the stack he' was about to take to his office and walked around him to draw his view away from his office door. “So! How come Halloween is such a big yawner? I mean, do the demons just hate how commercial it's become?” She continued, leafing through the book.

He put his books down. “Um, it's interesting, ac... Not, I suspect, to you.” He took the book from her. “What is it you're after?”

Willow crept to the office door, pausing to see how Buffy was coming along with the distraction.

“Of course, it's of interest to me! I'm the Slayer. I need to know these things. You can't keep me in the dark any longer,” Willow opened the door and started in just as Giles grabbed the stack of books again and started for his office. Buffy grabbed his arm, turning him around. “Look at me when I talk to you!”

Willow stopped, looking at them anxiously.

Giles looked over Buffy as if he was trying to figure out what she was up to. “I really don't have time for these games. I found something in The Codex that continues with Spike’s prophesy that I have to do more research on-”



“Mom said you were a babe.” Buffy blurted out.

Willow had started for the door but stopped for a moment to give Buffy a look and the shake of her head before going into the office.

Giles titled his head, in a manner that reminded Buffy of Spike. “She said what?”

“Well, she said that you were a... h-hunk of burning... something or other. So,” she said meekly, then exhaled. “Whadaya think of that?”

“Uh, I…” Giles exhaled “I don't, um, uh... A burning hunk of what?”

“Look.” Buffy began. “You know how disgusting it is for me to even contemplate you grownups having smoochies,” she saw Willow come out of the office with a diary. “And I know you guys are married, and everything, but I see that the ‘fire’ is still there, and I think you should go for it. You know, go on more dates.”

“Buffy,” Giles said softly. “I appreciate your interest, but…”

Willow hurried past the counter as if she was a bunny on steroids.

“But I've overstepped my bounds. It's none of my business, you know,” Buffy stammered. “What was I thinking? My God! Shame,” Willowed rushed out the door. “Shame. I gotta go.” Buffy ended, rushing to her friend.

“A babe?” Giles wondered, not sure what to make of it. He then smirked. “I can live with that.”
Chapter Twenty Six by dhwritertex
Chapter Twenty Six

Dawn, Buffy, Tara, Willow, and Cordy were all hanging out in the restroom. All the girls except Cordellia, who was checking herself in the mirror, redoing her make-up, were pouring over the diary that Willow and Buffy ‘borrowed’.

Buffy was skimming through the pages when Dawn pointed, causing the blonde Slayer to pause at the page. “Look at her.”

It was a drawing of a noble woman with a tiny waist wearing a billowy gown.

“Who is she?” Tara asked.

“Looks like Darla,” Buffy tilted her head at the picture. “So that's the kinda girl she looked like when Spike first met her. She's pretty coiffed.”

“Maybe when she was human she was a noble woman or something,” Willow said. “Which means being beautiful was sort of her job.”

“And clearly Darla was a workaholic,” Buffy sat back and sighed. “And I hate to admit it, but she still is pretty. I'll never be like her.”

“C'mon! She's not that pretty.” Dawn frowned at her sister’s forlorn face. “I mean, look at her. She's got a funny... uh, waist. Look how tiny that is.”

“Thank you. Now I feel better.” Buffy said sarcastically, but smiled at her sister’s effort.

Tara exhaled. “No. She's like a freak. A circus freak. Yuk.”

Buffy exhaled. “Musta been wonderful. Put on some fantabulous gown and go to a ball like a princess, and have horses and servants, and yet more gowns.”

“Yeah,” Willow agreed. “Still, I think I prefer being able to vote.” Buffy raised her brows, causing Willow to smile. “Or I will when I can.”

Cordy put her make-up away and looked to her friends. “Darla couldn’t have been a noble woman. Did you see her Parent-Teacher Night?”

Dawn nodded her head. “I know. Shank much?”

Buffy narrowed her eyes. “Dawn!”

“Kid’s got a point,” Cordy went on. “I wouldn’t be surprised if Darla was a street hooker in her time.”

Buffy continued turning the pages. “And now I know where my little sister gets the attitude and language.”

Cordy put her arms around Dawn. “I know, it makes me proud that I’ll have the perfect girl to replace me when I graduate. She has such potential-”

“The day that happens, I promise to…” Buffy stopped when she came across a picture of a man and a woman. Being intimate. NC-17 rated. “Whoa. What does Giles read!”

Dawn looked over and exclaimed a “Wow!” before Cordellia covered her eyes.

Willow took the book. “It’s a claiming rit…” Willow looked to Buffy. “You and Spike…”

Cory dropped her hands, revealing Dawn’s shocked face, along with the others.

Buffy flamed red. “I… well… we… uh, yeah.”

“Damn,” Cordy breathed. “I owe Xander twenty bucks.”

“See, the thing is, the claiming thing… it just happened so fast…” Buffy went to explain herself.

“Y-you both love each other, right?” Tara wondered.

Buffy nodded her head and smiled. “Yes, very much.”

“No wonder Spike’s been more love-y dove-y with you.” Dawn said, awed.

“Hey,” Cordy got the girls attention. “Could we maybe not tell Xander so I don’t owe him money.”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “I think he will figure it out sooner or later.”

Willow looked at the pages, reading them, “No wonder Giles has been wiggy.”

Buffy took back the book. “It’s nothing about the physical stuff. He knows we… you know. Spike and I had a lovely parent talk with him and mom.”

“You think it has something to do with the actual claim?”

“What else is there?” Buffy looked over the words, then handed the book back to Willow. “I’m not a book person.”

Willowed scanned over the words. “Well, it basically says that after a while you both will be able to read each others thoughts and emotions. It’s like a vampire form of marriage and… oh.”

“Is that a bad ‘oh’?” Cordellia asked.

“No, not exactly.” Willow handed the book to Tara.

“It says that if a vampire claims a human, the human will be immortal, the only way of death is by loss of blood or beheadment.” Tara explained.

Dawn smiled. “Hey, Buffy, that’s cool. You’ll be with Spike as long as he lives and you don’t have to worry so much about dieing on patrol.”

Buffy hopped off of a sink. “I-I guess that’s okay. But, what if I die?” She turned to Tara. “What will happen to Spike?”

“He’ll feel an overwhelming sense of loss and grief.” Tara closed the book.

“Well,” Willow and Tara got off of the sinks. “We just have to keep you from dying so Spike doesn’t go suicidal.”

Cordy folded her arms. “Yeah, I mean, how hard can that be?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was later that night that Buffy stood at her long mirror, wearing her gown and a long, brown wig, putting in earrings.

Willow was in the bathroom changing. “So are we meeting the rest of the gang at the school?”

“That’s the plan,” Buffy told her best friend. “Then we all are coming here after trick-or-treating. Mom and Giles are gonna be out.”

“What do you think everyone will look like?” Willow wondered.

“Not exactly sure,” Buffy answered. “But you can count on Cordy looking a little skanky.” After making sure everything looked alright, she left her room to go to the bathroom door. “Okay, Willow, come out. You can't hide in there all night.”

“O-okay,” Willow said nervously. “But, but promise you won't laugh?”

Buffy smiled. “I promise.”

Willow opened the door and came out wearing boots, a short, black leather skirt and a burgundy, long-sleeved, V-necked, midriff-baring top. Buffy could tell the redhead was
uncomfortable, and Willow quickly stepped over to her ghost sheet and picked it up.
“Wow!” Buffy smiled. “You're a dish!” Willow tried to hide herself with the sheet, but Buffy took it from her and tossed it aside. “I mean, really. Tara’s gonna love it.”

Willow tried to cover herself with her arms. “But this just isn't me.”

“And that's the point,” Buffy said, taking Willow to her room to show her the mirror. “Look, Halloween is the night that not you is you, but not you. Y'know?” The door bell rang. “Oh! That's Xander. Are you ready?”

“Yeah,” Willow nodded her head nervously. “O-o-okay.”

“Cool!” Buffy smiled, then called to Spike as she went to answer the door. “Hurry up Spike!”

Buffy went down the stairs and opened the door for Xander. He entered, saluting with his toy rifle in his hand.

“Private Harris reporting for…” He paused, seeing Buffy in her costume. “Buffy! Lady of Buffdom, Duchess of Buffonia, I am in awe! I completely renounce spandex!”

“Thank you, kind sir,” Buffy curtsied and Xander bowed. “But wait till you see…”

They turned to see Willow standing with them, with her ghost sheet on. It said “BOO!” on the front in large bold letters. “Hi.”

“…Casper.” Buffy ended, disappointed.

“Hey, Will! That's a fine boo you got there.” Xander just continued to stare.

Just then they heard a hysterical laugh and all three turned, their eyes nearly popping out of their sockets as Spike continued down the stairs. “Willow, why do you…” Seeing the looks they were giving him, he stopped with a frown. “What?”

Spike’s costume definitely topped all of theirs. He wore a brown unruly curly wig, hiding his platinum blonde hair. He had round glasses on the bridge of his nose, and his clothing consisted of a long white shirt tucked in black britches with a blood red vest and a black overcoat. His shoes where black leather loafers. His tie was black and to top it all off, he had a gold pocket watch, the chain only visible.

“Look at the black tweed man.” Xander was the first one to speak.

“You’re one to talk, G.I. Joe.” Spike muttered.

“You look good, sweetie.” Buffy smiled, grabbing a rose from a vase, made the stem shorter, then put it in the right chest pocket of Spike’s coat.”

“It’s like a cool version of Giles…” Willow said, then frown, even though the other teens couldn’t see. “Not that Giles isn’t cool, cause he is-”

Spike grinned. “We know what you mean.” He then turned to Buffy and put her arm around his. “Are you ready, Milady?”

“As ready as I ever will be.” Buffy smiled.
Chapter Twenty Seven by dhwritertex
Chapter Twenty Seven

Willowed turned away from one of her classmates angrily. “If I see one more idiot that thinks witches are all hairy moles and rotted teeth-”

Willow stopped when a little kindergartener pulled on her costume. “Excuse me, are you Willow, my group leader?”

They all looked down to see a tiny girl dressed in a similar witch costume that Willow described.

“Oh, look at you!” Willow exclaimed, kneeling by the girl. “You are just the cutest thing!”

Tara smiled. “I-I thought you said-”

“I know, but look, with the hat, and the, the wart!” Willow smiled. “Oh! Let's go fill your tummy up with sugary niblets, okay? My group is this way.”

Buffy smiled as Tara and Willow led the cute little witch away and looked to Spike. “You think we’ll have any cuties in our group?”

Spike grinned. “I know we got one already.”

“Buffy!” Buffy looked to see Anya heading towards them in a big bunny suit. Not the sexy kind.

“Anya?” Spike arched an eye brow.

Anya paused. “What? I chose to be something scary this year. Do you know where Xander is?”

Buffy pointed to Xander and his little squad to which Anya headed in that direction.

“So, you see nibblet?” Spike looked amongst the crowd of children entering the high school with costumes.

“Mom let her go over to Janice’s,” Buffy then turned to Spike. “Which means, after the gangs leaves-”

Spike smirked. “We get the place to ourselves.”

Snyder then brought a group over to Spike and Buffy. “This is your group, Summers and Giles. No need to speak to them. The last thing they need is both of your influence. Just bring them back in one piece and I won't expel you both.” He then started to leave.

Buffy bended down to the kids. “Hi.”

Snyder turned. “Ah, ah”

Buffy straightened back up and Spike rolled his eyes.

Meanwhile, Xander stood in the hall with his girlfriend, waiting for the rest of his group. Larry walked over, wearing a pirate costume.

“Where's your bodyguard, Harris? Curling her hair?” Larry taunted, jumping and Xander, making him flinch. He laughed in Xander’s face and went on down the hall.

Xander pointed his rifle at his retreating back, then dismissed him. Sympathetically, Anya patted Xander on the shoulder.

Cordellia and Angel made their way towards their friends, but stopped at Oz’s locker where he was checking his guitar. Cordellia was wearing a leopard patterned tight-fitting cat suit with black cat ears and tail, and black stilettos. Angel wore his plastic fangs, along with a red pendant and a black cape over a black suit.

“Oz. Oz.” Cordy said, getting his attention.

Oz looked up at her. “Hey, Cordellia. Jeez, you're like a great big cat.”

“It's my costume,” she said. “Are you guys playing tonight?”

“Yeah, at the Shelter Club.” He told her.

“I just wanted to make sure that you guys were gonna play a my place for New Years,” Cordy said. “I just wanted to make sure that Mr. I'm-the-lead-singer-I'm-so-great-I-don't-have-to-show-up-at-some-of-my-gigs is gonna be there.”

“Yeah, y'know, he's just going by 'Devon' now.” Oz replied.

“Well, you can tell him that he better be there, and that I didn't even mention it. And that I didn't even see you. So that's just fine.” Cordy said frowning.

Oz raised an eyebrow. “So, what do I tell him?

“Nothing! Jeez! Get with the program,” She walked off in a huff, but not before shouting over her shoulder. “Just make sure everyone is there.”

“Why can't I meet a nice girl like that?” Oz rolled his eyes sarcastically.

Willow and Tara went down the hall with her group, but not before Oz turning and bumping right into Willow.

“Oh! I’m sorry.” Oz said, not noticing Tara.

“Sorry.” Willow said,, causing Oz to look around, seeing Tara, then turning to the ghost. “Willow?”

“Oh, Oz!” Willow titled her head. “Sorry I didn’t see you there. You’ve met Tara?”

Oz shook the blonde witches hand. “You’re Willow’s girlfriend, right? Like the costume.”

Tara was wearing an authentic blue gypsy gown with her hair tied back in a blue scarf. “T-thanks. You’re not dressed?”

Oz looked down. “Oh I am.” This caused both girls to blush. “Just not for Halloween. I have a gig tonight.”

Willow turned to Tara. “He’s in a band. It’s very good. We’ll have to see him when he’s at The Bronze.”

Tara nodded smiling, then turning back to Oz. “I- we’d love too.”

“See you both around.” Oz smiled as he walked away.

Down the hall, Anya rolled her eyes as Xander briefed his group. He had them all lined up, standing at attention.

“Okay,” Xander began. “On sleazing extra candy: tears are key. Tears will normally get you the double-bagger. You can also try the old 'you missed me' routine, but it's risky. Only go there for chocolate. Understood?”

All the kids nodded their head.

“Okay, troops,” He turned and faced down the hall. The kids followed his lead. “Let’s move out.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Dawn was walking down a residential street seeing high school students, also parents, with costumed kids walking around, the sound of kids yelling and laughing. Dawn paused and looked around, grinning slightly and moving to her left. She then decided to walk down a dark alley, the children gone and distant police sirens instead. She then heard a banging noise and slowed down.

“Hello?” She walked forward slowly, picking up a piece of wood and holding it like a club.

She could vaguely see the shape of two people through the slats of a large wooden box. She walked up to the box's opening and saw that it was two young people kissing.

“Hey!” The guy exclaimed.

“Ooh!” Dawn dropped the piece of wood.

“Perv.” The girl frowned.

“Sorry. I thought-” Dawn backed away, then bumped into someone behind her.

She turned around with a gasp of fear, then smiled in relief when she recognized the other girl.

“Hey Summers. Did you get over the wall okay?” Janice smiled.

“Yeah,” Dawn told her. “My parents think I’m staying at your house.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Buffy and Spike walked with their group as they were coming back from a house, She crouched down to see what they got.

“What did Mrs. Davis give you?” They all pulled out tooth brushes. “She must be stopped. Let's hit one more house.”

Spike smiled to the kids as Buffy stood up. “We still have a few more minutes before we need to get you back.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Ahh,” Janice nodded at Dawn. “The Mominator thinks I'm staying at yours.” She laughed. “Can't believe they fell for that one, like, own a TV.” Dawn laughed along with her.

“So where're we meeting?” Dawn asked.

“The park,” Janice said proudly, then in a spooky voice, “That's where all the monsters gather on Halloween.”

As soon as they made it to the park, the guys walked over to the girls.

“Hey baby.” One of them hugged Janice.

“Hey.” Janice grinned.

“What took you so long?” He asked.

“Ah, we stopped for crimes and misdemeanors,” Janice told him, then turned to Dawn. “Zack, this is my friend Dawn I was telling you about.”

“Hel-loooo,” Zack leered at Dawn and Janice jokingly shoved him. “Ow.”

“Hey,” The other guys said to Dawn, holding out his hand. “Justin.”

Dawn shook his hand. “I know. I've seen you around at a couple of parties.”

“I’ve seen you too.” Justin smiled.

“So! What do you guys wanna do?” Janice asked.

Zack and Justin exchanged a suggestive look, then looked at the girls. Dawn smiled bashfully.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ethan sat in his back room, the only light from the candles. “Janus, evoco vestram animam. Exaudi meam causam. Carpe noctem pro consilio vestro. Veni, appare et nobis monstra quod est infinita potestas.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Dawn was holding a pumpkin over he head when suddenly a arm grabbed her causing her to shriek in fear and drop the pumpkin, it smashing on the steps. She looked up fearfully to see the old man leaning over her.

“Shouldn't oughta mess with those,” The old man said. “Sometimes they bite.”

Justin and the other two teens ran over. “Get away from her!”

“Don't make me go kung-fu on you, man!” Zack said, making kung-fu movie gestures.

The old man just stared, then laughed. “Come on inside, kids, got somethin' special for ya.” He turned to go back inside. “Daddy's got a treat!”

Zack smiled. “Cool.”

Janice was beyond scared. “No no no. We are so not going in there. Dawn, tell them!”

Dawn looked nervously towards the door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Willow and Tara followed their charges along the porch to the door.

“C'mon, guys.” Tara smiled.

One of the kids that was wearing a green monster mask on his head rang the bell and stepped back, as old lady answered the door. The kid with the mask pulled it down over his face.

“Trick-or-treat!” All the kids said.

“Oh, my goodness,” The old lady looked around. “Aren't you all adorable!”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Dawn and Janice burst out of the old man’s house after Justin told them he stole the old man’s wallet. Not that the boys were vampires and Justin had just drained the old man in the kitchen were he was going to serve rice crispy treats.

“Oh my god!” Dawn exclaimed, scared, then grinned. “Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!”

The girls ran off down the street with the boys behind them, walking more slowly.

Justin held his stomach. “Dude, that guy was rank.”

“Bet a spritz of Dawn would wash that right out. So what do you think? Lunchables?” Zack said, then exchanged a look with Justin. “Or should we go all the way and turn 'em?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ethan sat in the backroom in the midst of his spell. “Persona se corpum et sanguium commutandum est. Vestra sancta praesentia concrescet viscera. Janus! Sume noctem!”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The wind began to blow eerily as Buffy and Spike lead their group. The two lovers then exchanged a look. Something was going on that wasn’t quite right.
Chapter Twenty Eight by dhwritertex
Author's Notes:
I want to thank everyone who have continued to read the story and I enjoy all the reviews :)
Chapter Twenty Eight

“…Oh, be still my heart, cute and bad.” Justin was saying as he and Dawn were walking together down the street.

“Yeah,” she said, hugging herself because of the chill in the sudden wind. “Bad to the bone.”

“More like frozen! Here.” He said, taking off his Sunnydale High School letterman jacket and put it around Dawn's shoulders.

“Thanks.” Dawn smiled.

“My pleasure, Miss Summers.” He smiled back as they gazed into each other’s eyes.

“Hey,” Janice appeared behind them, interrupting ’the moment’. “Where's Zack?”

“He went to get the car,” he replied, a little annoyed.

Dawn grinned, delighted. “You guys got a car?”

Down the street, Zack pulled a woman out of her car, dropping to the pavement, unconscious due to the severe bite marks on her neck.

“Thanks for the ride!” Zack grinned as he got into the drivers seat, the tires squealing as he drove in the direction of his friends.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The old lady looked into her empty candy bucket and looked back to Willow and Tara’s group. “Oh, dear! Am I all out?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ethan raised his head, grinning. “Showtime!”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
“I could've sworn I had more candy,” the old lady muttered.

The kid that was wearing a red rubber cap with horns morphed into a horned, red skinned monster.

“I'm sorry, mister monster,” the old lady bended down. “Maybe I…”


The kid with the green mask, who had changed into a monster also, grabbed the lady by the neck and began to choke her. The other kids screamed and ran away.

“No!” Tara yelled out as she and her girlfriend rushed over.

“Let her go!” Willow shouted.

The red monster attacked the green one, causing him to let go of the lady. The two monsters were at each other's throats.

“Stop! What're you doing?!” Tara frowned, trying to get a hold of them.

The old lady ran into the safety of her home, slamming the door shut.

“Stop! Hey!” Willow tried to help her girlfriend, but they kept fighting.

Willow then paused, looking to Tara, suddenly feeling weak.

In the street, Xander was standing with Anya, watching all the parents and children running around them, unsure about what was going on and looking for their group, which the children had run off. There was the sound of things are being thrown and windows being broken.

On the porch, Willow staggered back as the two monsters continued fighting and where forgotten as Tara rushed to her love’s side. “Willow!? Are you okay?”

“Ohmigod! Can't breathe…” Willow then collapsed to the floor, and Tara bend down, holding onto the read head’s shoulders.

“Willow!”

On the street, Anya looked to Xander when he jerked back like he had been hit by something.

“You okay?“ She asked as he bent over slightly, looking down, lowering his toy rifle.

After a moment he slowly straightened back up, surveying the scene around him. Anya jumped back when he raised his rifle. It was a fully automatic M-16. “I don’t think it’s supposed to do that.”

He shouldered the weapon and spun around, scanning for a target. He didn’t see one, so he took the rifle from his shoulder and held it at the ready.

“Seems we are in no current danger Ma’am,” Xander told the girl in the bunny suit. He didn’t know who she was, but he was certain he was with her. He looked over her. “And why are you dressed like that?”

Tara shot back as Willow got up out of her body and looked down at it. She was wearing her sexy outfit now without the sheet covering her up.

Willow looked to Tara, panicked. “Ohmigod! I'm a real ghost!”

They both heard automatic rifle fire and turned to look.

“Xander?” Tara said, suddenly finding her voice, and the girls took off to the street were Anya was kneeling out of Xander’s way, holding onto his leg fearfully.

“Xander!” Willow shouted, and he ceased fire, spun around and pointed his M-16 at the new female strangers.

“It’s Willow,” Anya said, standing up. “When did you changed into that?”

“I don't know any Willow.” Xander said.

“Xander, quit messing around. This is no time for jokes.” Willow scolded.

“What the hell's going on here?” He scowled.

“You don't know us?” Tara asked.

Xander lifted the rifle away from her. “Ladies, I suggest you find cover.” He grabbed Anya’s had and started walking past them.

Willow went in front of them to stop them. “No, wait!”

He walked through her, and with surprise, let go of Anya and turned around.

“Oh!” Anya exclaimed.

Xander pointed his weapon at Willow again as she turned to face him. “What are you?”

“Xander, listen to me. We’re on your side, I swear!” Willow said.

“Something crazy is happening.” Tara agreed.

“I was dressed as a ghost for Halloween, a-and now I am a ghost,” Willow continued on. “And you were supposed to be a soldier, and now I, I-I guess you're a real soldier.”

“ You expect me to believe that?” He arched an eyebrow.

“Well, you’re really not a soldier and you’re acting like one.” Anya replied.

A monster appeared across the street, growling. Xander pointed his rifle at it, and it ran away.

Tara jumped in front of him. “No! No guns! That's still a little kid in there!”

“Step out of the way!” He glared.

“No guns!” Willow shouted. “That's an order!”

He complied, lowering the rifle.

“We just need to find…” Anya looked around, spotting her cousins. “Buffy! Spike!”

The group ran over to the slayers, seeing them holding onto each other, scared out of their minds.

“Buffy? Spike?” Tara put a hand on Buffy’s shoulder. “Are you okay?”


The monster that had growled at them was back with a friend, and they both roared as they approached.

Xander shouldered his M-16 again and took aim. “This could be a situation.”

“Buffy, Spike, what do we do?” The four turned to see the Slayers faint, falling to the ground.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was a dark part of the forest were the car was parked. The back door opened as Janice got out, giggling as Zack groped after her. He then got out after her.

He looked back into the car. “Don't do nothing I would, dude.”

He shut the door as Janice grabbed him by the front of his shirt and kissed him. “You're it,” she said before she turned and ran into the forest.

“I love it when they run,” Zack said, morphing into vamp face and ran after her.

Inside the car, Dawn, still wearing Justin’s jacket, looked to Justin who was sitting next to her on the driver’s side. “So.”

“Yeah,” he said.

“Ooh. It's cold. You okay? You want this back?” She went to take the jacket off but he stopped her.

“Nah. Cold doesn't really bother me.” Justin told her, putting an arm over the seat, behind her.

Dawn smiled. “What are you, Superman?”

“No, but ... I do have a few special powers.” He leaned over as if to kiss her.

She pulled back nervously. “Hey ... um ... does this work?” She began twisting the radio dial.

He grinned, turning the key, the radio starting up. “You gotta turn the ignition.”

Dawn smiled with a nods. Justin just watched her with a smile.

“I love this one,” she looked at the radio, needing to say something to break the ‘silence’ between them.

He brushed her hair back from her face. “Another thing we have in common.” She didn't reply but glanced at him, then looked away nervously. “You're shaking.”

“It's cold.”

“ You ... wanna go?”

“N-no,” she turned back to him.” It's just, um ... what do you expect-”

“Shhh. I just wanna taste you,” he leaned towards her again and she leaned in to him.

They both kissed.
Chapter Twenty Nine by dhwritertex
Chapter Twenty Nine

All hell had broken lose. Tara had went off to find Joyce and Giles, leaving Spike, who insisted he was William and Buffy was Elizabeth, who was also his wife, Buffy, Willow, Xander, and Anya, to go to Buffy’s house to wait for the return of the libertarian for the cure to end the horrible night.

Cordy then showed up at the house with Angel, exclaiming, “Has everyone in this town gone crazy!?”

Upon smelling Buffy and Spike’s blood, Angel vamped out, causing everyone to scream, and the ‘Victorian’ couple to run out of the house in fright.

His face back to human form, he looked around remorsefully , then ran out the back door, and unknowingly into Darla’s fist, knocking him out. “Well, isn’t this neat.”

By the time Cordy, Willow, Anya, and Xander went to the back porch, Angel was no where in sight.

Willow turned to her friends. “You guys go find Buffy, Spike and Angel while I go see if Tara and Giles are in the library.

Tara had found the older couple at a nice restaurant, and told them about what had happened. It was decided that she and Giles would go do research a the library while Joyce waited for the kids return at the house.

It was now in the library that Giles and Tara were going through some books and papers to figure out what had exactly had happened. The Watcher looked up from the papers he was reading when he heard yelling and sirens.

He then saw Willow come through the wall and jumped in complete surprise, the papers flying all over the place. “Jeez!”

“Hi.” Willow greeted meekly.

Giles calmed down a bit, speechless. “Uh... ah... Huh…”

Tara looked up. “Willow!” She looked to the Watcher. “Oh, sorry about not telling you my girl is now a spook,” she then looked back down at her book. “I don't even know what I'm looking for.”

“I’d help,” Willow offered. “But I can't turn the page.”

“Well, alright, l-let's, let's, let's review,” he said , picking up the strewn papers and putting them neatly back on the table. “Um, so everybody became, uh, whatever they were masquerading as.”

“Right,” Tara nodded. “Xander was a soldier and Spike and Buffy were a Victorian couple.”

“Oh!” Willow added. “And Angel became a vampire. But I think he had a soul or something, cause when he scared Spike and Buffy out of the house, he looked all sad and upset with himself, causing him to run into the night too.”

Giles tilted his head at the red head, confused. “A-and, uh, your, your costume?”

“I'm a ghost!” Willow told him, gesturing to the wall. “Did you not just see me walk through it?”

“Yes,” He looked over her state of dress, then took his glasses off to clean them. “Um... w, uh, uh, uh, the ghost of what, exactly?”

Willow covered her midriff with her arms. “Well, this is nothing. You should see what Cordellia was wearing. A-a, a unitard with cat things, like ears and stuff.”

“Good heavens,” Giles put his glasses back on the bridge of his nose. “Uh, sh-sh-she became an actual feline?”

“No!” Willow looked to her blonde girlfriend in the gypsy costume. “She was the same old Cordellia. Just in a cat costume. Like Anya in a bunny costume and you in a gypsy costume.”

Giles looked to the blonde witch. “You three didn't change?”

“No. Hold on…” Tara thought for a moment, then stood up. “Party Town. We got our outfits from Party Town.”

He looked to Willow. “A-a-and everyone who changed, they, they, they, they acquired their costumes where?”

“We all got ours at a new place,” Willow told them. “Ethan's.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“We can hide in here until help comes,” William said as he pushed a dresser against the door. “There, that should hold.”

The two Slayers were in an abandoned home in the industry district, hiding away from the monsters and the panic that was still going on outside.

He looked over to see his wife shaking as she sat on a cot. He joined her on the bed, unsure of what else to say or do to comfort her.

Elizabeth turned to him, hugging him fiercely. “Darling husband, I am so scared!”

“No worries, my love,” he said softly.

Boldly, she kissed him, he hands in his. “Comfort me.”

He knew what it was really asking and he wasn’t sure if now was the time. But God, it felt like she hadn’t been in his arms for years. “Elizabeth…”

She laid back on the bed. “Please… William.”

He then laid down beside her, shrugging off his overcoat. He glided his hand from her cheek, feeling the soft silkiness of her skin, down over the swell of her breast, and began to pull her skirts up, Elizabeth sat up unbuttoning his vest and loosening his tie, pausing momentarily so William could pull her dress over her head to see that she wore strange petticoats that barely covered her lovely body.

He helped her with his shirt and britches, and soon, all their clothes were forgotten on the floor.

“Will, it seems like it has been forever,” she said huskily, leaning to him, kissing him.

“That it has, my wife.” He whispered into her lips, groaning when her hand encircled his erection and began pumping.

“I can’t waited,” she breathed. “I need you.”

He followed her as she laid back with him on top of her.

He stilled her movements on his cock, fearing that he wouldn’t be able to take it longer before he would come. “Hold on, luv.”

She withdrew her hand to place it on his shoulder and he took his hand and felt that she was indeed wet, ready form him. As soon he pulled his hand away, she thrust up with her hips, causing his cock to be encircled with her heat.

“William,” Elizabeth moaned as he began a slow pace. “I love you.”

God, every time she says that! He thrust quicker, deeper. “My love, my soul.”

He sat up, pulling her with him on his lap, the new position causing her to arch her back and moan.

“Will!” He knew it was going to be over soon, could feel the sign that he was close to release.

Wanting her too come first, he slid his hand in between them, his breathing irregular, panting, his fingers rubbing her clit where they were joined. She threw he head back on a silent scream, her inner walls shuttered and clamping around his cock, coming in waves of ecstasy.

His release was seconds after hers, causing him to shout out, “Elizabeth!” as her walls milked him for all he was worth.

They fell back with Elizabeth on top of him, he head over his beating heart.

Which soon stopped beating.

Buffy sat up, the movement causing Spike to groan. They both looked around, seeing that they were in a room. Naked.

Spike sat up with her, placing a hand on the cheek of Buffy’s ass, took a squeeze and grinned. “I thought Victorian ladies didn’t preposition men.”

Buffy flushed red. “William must have brought out the inner hussy of Elizabeth.”

Spike chuckled. “Figures, on a night when it’s supposed to be quiet, we turn into our costumes.”

They then paused, exchanging a look. “The others!”