Three's a Crowd by TammyAsh666
Summary: Buffy, Spike, and Faith all live together. They have their own little threesome going on, but what happens when Spike and Buffy develop real feelings for each other and decide to be a twosome? How would Faith react to that? Nominated at the Cradle of Humanity Awards.
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations, Buffy/Other, Spike/Other
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes Word count: 8662 Read: 8439 Published: 12/03/2007 Updated: 12/14/2007

1. Chapter 1 by TammyAsh666

2. Chapter 2 by TammyAsh666

3. Chapter 3 by TammyAsh666

4. Chapter 4 by TammyAsh666

5. Chapter 5 by TammyAsh666

6. Chapter 6 by TammyAsh666

Chapter 1 by TammyAsh666
Author's Notes:
I really couldn’t say where this idea came from, but it’s something else very different from me. I think I just keep trying to branch out from the usual stuff that I write. I’m really nervous about this one and hope that you guys would like it, but I know that it probably won’t be for everyone. It's only six chapters long, just some fluff with a little bit of drama on the side. Thanks to DrkDevin, dusty273, Peroxide_dreams, and Bekah Leigh for their help. It’s always much appreciated. Thanks also goes to pixiecorn for the lovely manip that was used for my banner=)
Chapter 1

“We have to tell her, Spike. I can’t keep doing this anymore.”

He let out a frustrated sigh. “I know that, but she won’t take it very well.”

Buffy agreed. “It’ll be hard at first, but Faith will understand. She’s been my best friend for years. It’s been the three of us for a while, but me and Faith go back a long way. I think I should be the one to tell her that we’re together now, and that the threesome won’t be continuing. I knew that would be a bad idea, we never should have started it. Deciding to share you had to be the dumbest idea we’ve ever come up with.”

Spike chuckled. “I don’t know, love. A bloke would rarely complain about having sex with two gorgeous women, but if that never happened, we might have never realized our real feelings for each other.” He cupped her cheek. “I’m bloody crazy about you, Buffy. I like Faith and all, but she could never make me feel the way you do.”

“What are we going to do?” she wondered softly.

He thought about it. “We’ll both tell her. You shouldn’t have to do it alone, pet.”

Buffy nodded. “Could we worry about that when she gets here? I just want you to kiss me now.”

Spike was happy to oblige.


* * * * *


Faith entered the apartment to be greeted by sounds of moaning coming from inside Buffy’s bedroom. She headed in that direction and lightly pushed the door open, only to witness the major humping going on between her two roommates. Spike was on top of Buffy as he pounded into her pussy with his large cock. Faith cleared her throat and caused them both to stare at her in surprise.

“What the fuck is this? You guys started without me?”

Spike pulled out of Buffy, running his fingers through his hair.

Buffy was about to answer, but never got the chance.

Faith moved further into the room, discarding her clothes along the way. “You two must be fucking horny if you couldn’t even wait for me to come home. I just hope you’re not too tired to go again,” she stated with a smirk and jumped on the bed, her breasts jiggling from the impact.

Spike was about to tell her that wouldn’t be happening, but she grabbed his cock and was sucking him off before he had the chance.

“Oh, fuck!” he yelled when Faith used her teeth, more from shock than pleasure.

She only grinned and sucked more of him into her mouth, fondling his balls in the process.

Buffy felt sick to her stomach as she watched. She never had that reaction before, but that was when she had yet to realize just how much Spike meant to her.

Faith released his penis with a wet plop, gazing over at Buffy. “You feeling okay, B? There’s plenty more where that came from. I can eat you out next.”

Buffy shook her head, knowing that she wouldn’t be able to take much more. The only tongue she wanted inside of her from now on was Spike’s, among other things. “I have to go.” She quickly got up and left the room, grabbing her bathrobe to put on.

“Buffy, wait!” Spike called after her, but she was long gone.

Faith was confused. “What’s gotten into her? Never mind, let’s just get to the fucking. It’s my turn now. I’ll deal with B later.”

Spike pushed her away before she could get too friendly with the rest of his anatomy. “I’m really not in the mood right now, Faith. I have to check on Buffy.”

Faith stopped him from getting up. “Okay, now I know something’s up. You’re always going after her with every little thing. What was that I walked in on? We never do anything, unless it’s all three of us at the same time. What’s the deal with you two lately?”

Spike knew this was not the time for that conversation. “We’ll talk later. Right now, I have to see if Buffy’s all right.” He snatched up his shirt and jeans, putting them on and leaving the room.

Faith let him go that time, deciding that she would get to the bottom of whatever was going on.


* * * * *


Spike found Buffy sitting outside, her head resting in her hands. He felt his heart ache at her shaking shoulders, knowing that she was crying. He sat down beside her, putting his arm around her petite frame.

“It’ll be okay, baby. Everything will work out.”

She shook her head and looked up at him. “I’ve never been a very jealous person before, but it kills me to see you with her. I don’t even know why I feel that way, but I just can’t stand it. I didn’t know how complicated things would get when you moved in here. Things were fine between me and Faith. We both had our separate boyfriends and everything was great, until we set eyes on you. In about ten years of friendship, we’ve never had the same taste in guys. So, we offered to let you stay here when you had nowhere else to go and everything just got so complicated from there. We both wanted you and couldn’t choose who should have you, so we decided on the whole sharing thing. It never even crossed our minds that we should have just asked who you wanted. It probably would have made things a whole lot easier.”

Spike pressed his lips to the top of her head. “If it helps, I would have chosen you in a heartbeat.”

Buffy groaned. “Sure, now you tell me that. We’re too far in now; Faith will never let you go. I don’t want to lose our friendship, but I can’t bear the thought of losing you. There’s so much more at stake now.”

Spike wasn’t sure what she meant, but Faith’s voice put anything else he would have said on hold.

“I’m starting to worry with all of these secret meetings.”

Spike stood and pulled Buffy up with him as they both made their way back into the apartment.

Faith went to the fridge and grabbed two bottles of beer, handing one to Spike, then Buffy. She snatched one out for herself, taking a long swig of the alcohol.

Spike did the same, wishing that he had something stronger.

Buffy stared down at her unopened bottle, feeling more tears form in her eyes.

“What’s up, B? You want wine instead?”

Buffy shook her head and placed the beer bottle down on the counter. “I’m just not very thirsty right now.” She gazed into Spike’s eyes, realizing that he must have sensed what was wrong with her, if his slack jawed expression was anything to go by.

Spike gulped before asking the question that was bound to change everything. “Are you pregnant?”

Buffy’s silent nod was all the answer he needed.
Chapter 2 by TammyAsh666
Author's Notes:
This is pretty much the extent of the Buffy/Other and Spike/Other. It's just a flashback, I felt that I should show how this whole thing with them came about. If it gets too hard, you guys don't have to read it. I don't think it's completely necessary, but hopefully I didn't make it too bad.
Chapter 2

“Holy shit, B. Have you ever seen anything so fucking hot in your life? We can’t just turn him away.”

Buffy wasn’t convinced. “Do you really think it’s a good idea to have a guy stay with us? He could be a serial killer or something.”

Faith looked him up and down. “Maybe, but what a way to go. Come on, Buffy. You seriously need to live a little.”

Buffy sighed and figured that they weren’t likely to agree. “Fine, but if we end up dead, it’s so your fault.”

Faith grinned. “I would take full responsibility.” She turned to their guest. “Spike, was it? When can you move in?”

He smiled at the pretty girls, his eyes lingering a little longer on the blonde. “Whenever works for me.”

Buffy nodded. “There are only two rooms, so you would be on the couch. It folds out into a bed. Would that be a problem?”

Spike shook his head. “That would be fine, I’ve had worse.”

Faith pulled him over to her bedroom. “I’ll show you the rest of the place.”


* * * * *


“What are you doing?”

Faith rolled her eyes. “I have big plans for when Spike shows up. I’m gonna look so fucking sexy that there’s no way he’ll be able to focus on anything else. I plan to get him in the sack tonight.”

Buffy didn’t think that was the best idea. “Are you sure about that? I mean, the guy lives with us now. Wouldn’t that make things kind of awkward? Not to mention the fact that I have to study for my final, you having loud sex in the next room is not really going to help me get a passing grade.”

Faith let out a long sigh. “How are we even friends? You can’t tell me that you haven’t dreamt about fucking that stallion. I know you want him just as much as I do. You can’t deny it, B. Maybe we both can have some fun tonight.”

She crossed her arms over her chest. “What is that supposed to mean?”

Faith had a wicked smirk on her face as an idea suddenly popped into her head. Spike would be home any second, so she had to act quickly. With that thought in mind, she shoved Buffy down on her bed.

The blonde looked up in confusion. “What are you doing?” she wondered again.

Faith didn’t answer, deciding to strip off her clothes instead and plopping down on the bed next to Buffy. “Just go with me here, B. You’ve been with losers for far too long now; it’s time to experience something new.”

Buffy didn’t have time to ask what she meant as Faith started to remove her clothes, until they were both lying on the bed completely naked.

Faith got on top of her long time friend, taking one of her nipples into her mouth and sucking on it.

Buffy moaned at the sensations that went through her, surprised that she didn’t feel more disgust.

Faith gave the same treatment to the other nipple, trailing her fingers down Buffy’s smooth stomach. She reached the blonde’s neatly trimmed pussy to feel how wet the other girl was, slowly sliding two fingers inside of her drenched hole.

Buffy cried out when she came, coating Faith’s fingers with her juices.

The brunette licked her fingers clean, then perked up when she heard the front door open. It was then that she smashed her lips to Buffy’s, forcing her tongue inside.

That was how Spike found them a moment later, his cock growing painfully hard at the sight they made.

Faith pulled away from Buffy, throwing a grin in his direction. “Hey, baby, you wanna join us? There’s plenty of room.”

Buffy was still breathing heavily, her eyes widened when she saw him there.

Spike moved into the room, taking his clothes off in a hurry and joining them on the bed. “You don’t have to ask me twice.”

Faith smiled and took his hand in hers, placing it over Buffy’s pussy and shoving one of his long fingers inside of her.

Buffy gasped and arched her back.

“You feel how wet she is? I bet you just wanna taste her, don’t you?”

Spike’s eyes grew dark with lust. “Fuck, yes.”

Faith lay back and let him take full control. “Go for it, I’ll just enjoy the view.”

Spike didn’t hesitate before plunging his tongue into Buffy’s pussy, licking every drop of cum that gushed out of her.

Buffy threw her head back, running her fingers through his hair. “Oh God,” she panted.

Spike continued to fuck her with his tongue, until she came hard in his mouth.

Faith smiled in satisfaction, figuring that it was her turn now. She snatched his cock and took him all the way in her mouth.

Spike was surprised at first, but definitely not disappointed. He grabbed her head and started thrusting faster into her mouth, but tried not to gag her. Spike came with a roar, unloading his seed down her throat.

Faith swallowed every drop, licking her lips. “Very tasty,” she said seductively.

Spike looked over at Buffy, noticing the pout that formed on her face. He couldn’t remember ever seeing anything so adorable in his life. He lowered his lips to hers in a soft caress, which took them both by surprise. Spike tugged and sucked on her bottom lip, gently massaging her breasts and touching every part of her body that he could.

Faith was turned on just from their make out session, feeling the fluid leak out of her pussy.

Spike pulled away when oxygen became an issue, realizing just how much their groping affected the brunette.

Faith grabbed the back of his neck and brought his lips down hard on hers, using her teeth and almost making him bleed.

Hours went by and the three of them were still in bed, each taking turns with Spike. They nearly fucked each other into exhaustion, finally realizing that it was time to get some rest.

Spike lay in the middle of the bed, Buffy and Faith on either side of him. He held Buffy closer, pressing a tender kiss to her forehead. He didn’t even understand why he felt more affectionate with her, but could hardly keep his eyes open at the moment to give that thought any more consideration.



* * * * *


Faith laughed out of nowhere, startling them both.

“Are you fucking serious? Have you been screwing someone else?”

Buffy lowered her head, finding it hard to look at them.

Spike knew that she hadn’t been with anyone else, which made it pretty obvious who the father was. “How long have you known?”

Buffy glanced back up at him. “A little over a month, I didn’t know how to tell you.”

Faith took another swig of her beer. “Damn, that has to suck. Better you than me.”

Buffy was appalled at her friend’s behavior, wondering how she could act like that.

Spike scowled at the brunette, which she chose not to notice. “Are you feeling okay, love? Do you need anything?”

Buffy was relieved that he didn’t seem to be mad at her. “I’m fine, just a little nauseous.”

“Fuck, we can’t have a baby here. This place isn’t exactly for kids. It’s not like this was planned, maybe you can get rid of it or something.”

Buffy gasped, not believing what she just heard. “How can you say that?”

Faith shrugged. “I just think having a kid right now would be a huge mistake.”

Buffy was about to respond, but never got the chance.

“You fucking bitch! You have no bloody right to talk that way to her! This is my child, too. I’ll be damned if I’m going to let anything happen to it.”

Buffy felt more tears in her eyes, which she was finding very hard to keep back when Spike wrapped his arms around her.

“Come on, sweetheart. You should get some kip,” he told her, softening his voice.

Buffy nodded and let him lead her over to her room.

Faith watched them go, a cold expression on her face. No matter what happened, it would always be about Buffy. Since the first day Spike moved in with them, he never looked at her like that. All he seemed to care about was his precious Buffy. Now that he managed to knock her up, it didn’t seem likely to ever change.
Chapter 3 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 3

“I can’t believe there’s a baby inside of you.”

Buffy glanced up at him. “Well, you better believe it, but how do you feel about that?”

Spike gazed into her eyes from his position next to her on the bed. “I couldn’t be happier. I’ve always wanted to be a father. I didn’t think it would happen this soon, but I’m definitely not disappointed.”

Buffy was relieved to hear that. “I don’t think Faith is too happy about it.”

He shrugged. “I could care less what she thinks right now.”

She didn’t respond, only grabbed his hand and placed it over her stomach.

Spike smiled and lifted her shirt up, pressing kisses on her tummy and tonguing her navel.

Buffy giggled at that.

The sound was music to his ears. “Do you have any idea how much I love you?”

She shook her head, waiting for him to finish.

“From the first moment I saw you, I knew that you were the one for me.”

That caused Buffy to frown. “Yeah, but that didn’t stop you from fucking Faith.” She felt bad at the hurt expression that was now on his face. “I’m sorry, that wasn’t fair.”

Spike shook his head. “No, you’re right. I should have had more control. Things with her should have ended a lot sooner, but it’s over now. I won’t touch her again. You believe me, don’t you?”

Buffy nodded. “I trust you.”

Spike smiled and touched his lips to hers in a soft caress. “That works out nicely, then.”

A thought suddenly occurred to her. “Faith was right about one thing. At least she’s not the one pregnant.”

He couldn’t agree more.


* * * * *


“Spike, where are we going?”

He grinned at her impatience. “We’re almost there, keep the blindfold on.”

Buffy wasn’t a huge fan of surprises, but did as he said.

Spike removed the blindfold once they reached their destination.

Buffy found herself on the beach, a beautiful picnic laid out for two. “You did all of this?”

He nodded and led her over to the blanket that he placed there, pulling her down with him. “I know how much you love the ocean. This is the perfect time to come.”

She had never been there at night before, it was a breathtaking sight.

They ate and shared small talk, until Buffy couldn’t take another bite.

Spike reached into his pocket and snatched out a box, handing it to her. “Happy birthday, love.”

Buffy wasn’t expecting that and took the box from him, opening it to reveal a silver charm bracelet. She noticed that it already had three charms on it, a heart, ice skates, and a horse. “Spike, this is so beautiful. You didn’t have to get me anything.”

He waved his hand in the air. “It was nothing; you deserve something nice for that pretty wrist of yours.”

Buffy blushed at his words, even though she should have been used to it by now. She slipped the bracelet on, dangling it in the air. “Thank you, I love it.”

Spike took her hand and pressed a kiss to her palm, gazing into her eyes to see the passion and lust in them. He matched her look with one of his own, not waiting one more second before pulling her closer and attacking her mouth with his. He spread kisses all over her neck and chest, removing her shirt and the rest of her clothes. Spike did the same with his, until there was nothing between them. “Another good reason for coming to the beach this late, no chance of anyone being around.”

Buffy gasped when he thrust his tongue inside of her.

“Fuck, this gets better every time. You’re so bloody delicious.”

Buffy threw her head back, gazing up at the stars. A part of her felt guilty that they kept sneaking around, knowing that Faith had no idea about it. She figured that what the brunette didn’t know wouldn’t hurt her. Besides, Spike made it perfectly clear that she was the one he wanted. Faith would just have to deal.

Spike looked up at her, realizing that she seemed to be deep in thought. “Are you okay, baby? Do you want to stop?”

Buffy shook her head, that being the last thing she wanted. “No, I just need you inside me now. It feels like it’s been so long.”

Spike had to agree with that. It was hard for them to have any time alone lately. He positioned his cock over her entrance, then slowly slid home.

Buffy moaned at the wonderful invasion, trailing her fingers down his back and holding him tighter.

Spike buried his head against her neck, making his thrusts faster and smothering kisses on her smooth skin.

The only sounds that could be heard were that of their soft breathing, slapping bodies, and the waves crashing in the distance.

Spike thrust into her pussy a few more times, roaring out his release a moment later.

Buffy noticed a shooting star in the sky once she reached orgasm, wondering if the sexual pleasure caused her to imagine it. She lay there panting, leaning toward his ear. “I just saw a shooting star. Make a wish,” she whispered.

He stared down at her. “I have the most perfect, gorgeous woman in my arms. That’s all I could ever need.”

Buffy felt tears form in her eyes. No one had ever made her feel so special in her life. She never wanted to let him go.



* * * * *


Faith cleared her throat at the sight of them being all lovey dovey in Buffy’s bedroom, rolling her eyes at the display.

“God, you two are so nauseating sometimes. Not that you care, but I’m going out for a little while. Don’t wait up,” she told them.

Spike glared at her. “No chance of that.”

“You don’t have to be such an ass. I think I’ll find me a decent man tonight, one that actually knows how to please a woman. You could use a few pointers, Spike.”

He wasn’t even fazed. “Yeah, you do that. Take all the time you need.”

Faith scowled at him, knowing that he would never show her the care that he obviously did for Buffy. She gave them both one more look, then walked away and out of the apartment.

Buffy let out a sigh once she was gone. “You don’t have to get her all worked up like that.”

Spike shrugged. “I just find it bloody amusing that she was trying to make me jealous.” He decided to forget about Faith and focus on the beautiful blonde next to him. “So, I guess we have a few hours to kill. Any ideas of what we should do?” he said with a leer.

Buffy pretended to think about it, but forgot that she was dealing with a very horny man. It wasn’t long before Spike pounced on her.
Chapter 4 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 4

“So, that’s it then? You guys are just giving me the boot?”

Spike knew the conversation wouldn’t go well, but it was time for Faith to know the truth. “We can continue being your friends, but nothing more than that. I’m in love with Buffy. We didn’t plan on that, it just happened.”

Faith wasn’t convinced. “What? Is this because you knocked her up?”

Spike was trying to hang to what little patience he had left. “This has been a long time coming. Even if Buffy didn’t get pregnant, I still would have ended things with you. My heart was just never in it. You could have any man you wanted, Faith. You definitely don’t need me.”

“Why is that? Because I’m such a slut?”

He rolled his eyes. “I didn’t say that.”

Faith crossed her arms over her chest. “You didn’t have to, but you’re right. I could get anyone that I wanted. I don’t need either of you.” She walked away, stopping at the sound of Buffy’s voice.

“I’m really sorry, Faith. We never meant for things to get so carried away.”

The brunette faced off with the blonde, finally saying what she had wanted to for a while. “I’m not really all that surprised. You’ve always gotten everything, B. Ever since we were younger, you were the one that got all of the attention. I really find this fucking hilarious since you didn’t even want him in the first place. If it wasn’t for me, you two probably wouldn’t even be together right now. We’re done here.”

Spike watched Faith walk away that time, going into her room and slamming the door behind her. He knew that Buffy wanted to follow, but took her hand to assure her that it wouldn’t be the best idea at the moment. She looked so sad that Spike couldn’t resist wrapping his arms around her, holding her close to his chest and running his fingers through her hair. He hoped that Faith would come around. The last thing Spike wanted was for Buffy to lose her best friend.


* * * * *


“I don’t know what to do. She’s hardly said anything to me all week. I just wish things could go back to the way they were.”

Spike frowned. “You mean before I moved in?”

Buffy shook her head. “I didn’t mean that. You know I don’t regret you being here, Spike. I just wish everything wasn’t so complicated between us. I heard her on the phone earlier today. I don’t know who she was talking to, but she mentioned something about leaving. I really don’t want her to move out, but I don’t even know what to say to her anymore.”

Spike pressed a kiss to her forehead. “She could have been talking about something else, love. I know things are complicated now, but I don’t believe they always will be. Faith’s a stubborn bint, but I’m sure she’ll come around. She loves you too much to let something like this ruin over a decade of friendship.”

Buffy nodded, even though a part of her really didn’t believe that.


* * * * *


“Where’s B?”

Spike looked up to see Faith standing before him, wearing nothing but some skimpy lingerie. “She had a late class, you know that.”

Faith nodded. “Right, it must have slipped my mind.” She sat down next to him on the couch. “What are you watching?”

He was starting to feel uncomfortable by her close proximity. “Just some old movie. Didn’t you have plans tonight?”

She shrugged. “I decided to stay in.”

“Buffy should be back soon.”

Faith grinned, moving closer to him. “Do I make you nervous, Spike? I mean, you’ve certainly seen me in less than this before.”

Spike glared at her. “What are you playing at? You know that’s not going to happen with us again. I’m with Buffy now.”

Faith rolled her eyes. “God, you really need to loosen up. It’s not like she’ll ever have to know.” She placed her hand over his crotch, lightly squeezing him.

He took in a breath, grabbing her hand and throwing it off of his body. “That’s not happening.”

“I’m just trying to help you out here. Buffy is too sweet for a guy like you, Spike. Would she let you fuck her in the ass? I would as much as you wanted. It’s always been a turn on for me, and I can tell that’s exactly the type of guy you are. You can pretend to be this family man all you want, but I know where you really live. I’ve tasted it. Sooner or later, you’re going to realize that this isn’t the life for you.”

Buffy chose that moment to walk in the door, her eyes widening at the sight of them so close together on the couch.

Faith gave her a smile. “Hey, B, how was class?”

She walked further into the apartment. “Same as always, what’s been going on here?”

Spike put some distance between him and Faith. “We were just watching a movie.”

Buffy raised her eyebrows. “And she had to be half naked for that?”

Faith shrugged. “I just wanted to get comfortable. It’s really hot in here.” She reached behind Spike to pinch his ass, which had him jumping off of the couch.

“I need a drink,” he said, making his way into the kitchen.

Buffy gave the brunette a suspicious glance, wondering what she could have done to make him react that way.

Faith stood up. “I think I’m gonna turn in now. See you guys in the morning.”

Buffy watched as Faith walked over to her room, a confused expression on her face. She turned it on Spike when he left the kitchen, a beer bottle clutched in his hand. “Okay, what’s going on? You two looked pretty cozy.”

He shook his head. “It wasn’t like that, we were just talking. She started to get a little too hands on, but I put a stop to it.”

Buffy was relieved to hear that, then grew angry. “I can’t believe her. She’s still trying to get you back? I thought she would have given up by now. For crying out loud, I’m pregnant with your child. I guess that doesn’t even mean anything to her. We used to be really close, but I don’t even know who she is anymore. She has a lot of nerve to try and seduce you like that.”

Spike placed a calming hand on her shoulder, knowing that it was time to say what had been on his mind. “Buffy, I think it would be best if Faith moved out.”
Chapter 5 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 5

“What? Do you think that’s really necessary? I’ll just talk to her, I’m sure it doesn’t need to result in her moving out.”

Spike shook his head. “I doubt talking to her will make much of a difference. Think about it, Buffy. We’re together now, and we have a child on the way. Faith’s not used to rejection, she’ll never accept the fact that I chose you over her. I think this is really the best thing for all of us, and you heard her. She won’t want to live in an apartment with a baby.”

Buffy thought it over, nodding after a moment. “I guess you’re right. I just feel like I would be giving up my best friend, she’ll see it as a betrayal.”

Spike wrapped his arms around her. “The last thing I want is to come between you two. I know that Faith was here first, but you and the little one are my family now. You’re all that matters to me. It’ll take time, but I’m sure Faith will understand. I just can’t be around her anymore if she’s going to keep coming on to me.”

“I’ll talk to her about that, and about the possibility of her moving out. I just hope she won’t be too mad.”

Spike smiled, pressing a kiss to the top of her head. “It’ll be okay, baby. I know it will.”

Buffy really wished that she could believe him.


* * * * *


“Faith, don’t be like this.”

She stopped to glare at her. “How exactly am I being? I think I have a right to be a little pissed off. I can’t believe you’re choosing to live with some guy over your best friend of ten years. It’s nice to know where your loyalties lie.”

Buffy shook her head. “He’s not just some guy. Spike’s my boyfriend now. We love each other, and we’re having a baby. Why can’t you understand that?”

Faith scoffed. “Oh, I understand just fine. I just hope you wouldn’t end up regretting it.”

Buffy followed her into the living room. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“You can’t be that dense, B. Do you really think you can keep a guy like Spike satisfied for long? He was with both of us, incase you forgot that little detail. What’s going to stop him from doing the same thing again?”

Buffy placed her hands over her stomach. “We’re a family now; he wouldn’t do anything to hurt me.”

Faith laughed. “Is that what he told you? He’s going to realize that being the family man isn’t the life he wants. He’s a horny bastard; one person will never be enough for him. I hope you won’t realize that too late.”

Buffy had enough. “I’m not listening to this anymore. You don’t even know what you’re talking about, Faith. I tried to be nice, but I’m sick of your attitude. You’re just jealous because he didn’t choose you, so you have to tell me all this shit to make yourself feel better. I’m starting to wonder if we were ever really friends. A real friend would be supporting me right now, not trying to tear me down. I don’t even know why you care. It’s not like you ever loved Spike. He was just sex to you, so why don’t you find someone else? It shouldn’t be very hard to find another fuck buddy. You’re usually really good at it.”

Faith moved closer to Buffy, a slow smirk forming on her face. “I’m impressed, B. That was a very nice speech. I didn’t know you had it in you, but maybe you’re right. There are much better guys out there. I hope you two are very happy together,” with that said, she grabbed her jacket and left the apartment.

Buffy let out the breath she had been holding, hoping that she was finally able to get through to Faith.


* * * * *


Two weeks went by and Faith decided that she would be moving out, surprisingly not putting up much of an argument about it.

Buffy came home from night class and threw her bag to the floor, wanting to lie down so badly. She stopped at the sight of Faith’s door that was slightly open, the sounds of moaning and heavy breathing coming from inside. Buffy didn’t see Spike anywhere, knowing that he wasn’t likely to have gone out. She stepped closer to the door, her heart pounding and tears stinging her eyes at the thought of him being in there with her. Buffy trusted him, but a part of her was still worried that maybe Faith was right and she wasn’t enough. Before she had a chance to push Faith’s door open, the door to the bathroom opened instead and Spike came out, a towel clinging to his body. Buffy sighed in relief when she saw him. “Thank God,” she said, making her way over to him and kissing him on the lips, noticing the confused look on his face.

“It’s nice to see you, too. You okay, love?”

She nodded. “I am now.”

Spike was about to answer, but a loud scream of pleasure coming from Faith’s room cut off what he was going to say. He turned back to Buffy. “Wait, did you think I was in there?”

Buffy took on a guilty expression, which he was able to notice.

“How could you even think that? I told you I was done with her, Buffy. Don’t you believe me?” he wondered.

“I’m sorry, Spike. I do believe you, but I still can’t help the insecurities I have.”

Spike nodded, supposing that he really couldn’t argue with her about that. “You have nothing to worry about, pet. I love you; this is completely new for me. I know you’re worried because I was with Faith, but that was before I realized how I really felt for you. Now that I know how much I love you and that you’re having my child, there’s no way I would ever consider being with anyone else. Least of all Faith, I’ll never go down that road again. You’re it for me now, sweetheart. You believe that, don’t you?”

Buffy felt even more foolish for how she reacted. “I do, I’m really sorry.”

He pressed a quick kiss to her lips. “It’s forgotten, we just have to trust each other. And I need to put some clothes on before she comes out of her room. Do you have any idea who might be in there?”

Buffy shook her head. “No, but I’m almost afraid to see who it is. At least she finally seems to be over you.”

Spike agreed, touching his lips to hers one more time and heading back into the bathroom.

The door to Faith’s room opened a few seconds later.

Buffy’s eyes widened when she saw the man that came out after her friend.

“Hey, B, I didn’t know you were back yet. This is Graham; we met at the Bronze a couple of nights ago.”

Buffy nodded. “Yeah, we’ve kinda met before. He’s the TA in my Psychology class.”

He gave her a smile. “It’s nice to see you again, Buffy.”

“Likewise,” she said, smiling in return. He was the last person she ever would have expected Faith to choose.

Faith walked Graham to the door, giving him one more passionate kiss before he left.

Buffy waited for the front door to close before she spoke up. “So, you and Graham? Is this serious?”

Faith shrugged. “It could be. He’s decent and actually treats me with respect, unlike some of the other losers I’ve been involved with. Not my usual type, but that could be a good thing.”

Buffy had to agree. “Well, I’m happy for you.”

Faith headed over to her room, turning back to Buffy one more time. “By the way, I’ve decided to move in with him. He has a huge apartment and no one to share it with, since his last roommate moved away.”

“Wow, don’t you think it’s a bit soon to be moving in with a guy you hardly know?”

Faith shook her head. “It works for me, this way I can be out of here sooner. Give you guys all the space you need, it’s for the best.”

Buffy grabbed Faith’s arm before she could walk away. “Are we okay, though? I really don’t want to lose your friendship, Faith. I want you to be a part of my baby’s life. She could use a cool, fun aunt. Someone she can always run to whenever she’s mad at us.”

Faith raised her eyebrows. “She?”

“I’m just taking a guess, but I have a feeling it might be a girl.”

Faith gave Buffy a hug, patting her on the back. “We’re five by five, B. You and me, we’re always gonna stick together. I think Spike made the right choice. I know I’ve been a total bitch about this whole thing, but I really do hope everything works out for you guys. You deserve some happiness. Let’s face it, this baby is gonna be pretty damn lucky. And with both of your genes, she’ll be the hottest kid ever.”

Buffy laughed through the tears that were now streaming down her face, which she blamed the hormones for. “I love you, Faith.”

“Love you, too, but enough with this mushy stuff. I’m gonna get some shut eye, have a lot more packing to do tomorrow.”

Buffy nodded and let her go this time, sighing when she felt a pair of strong arms wrap around her waist. She gazed into Spike’s gorgeous, blue eyes. She kissed him sweetly on the mouth, assuring him without words that everything was okay. Buffy then grabbed his hand and pulled him into her bedroom, closing the door behind them.
Chapter 6 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 6

“I’m really sorry, love. I wish there was something I could do.”

Buffy sighed into the phone. “It’s okay, we’ll just see you in a couple of days,” she said, trying to keep the tears out of her voice.

Spike could tell that she was just putting on a brave face, even though he couldn’t see it. “I love you, baby.”

She smiled sadly. “I love you, too.” Buffy couldn’t keep the tears from falling when she hung up the phone, but quickly wiped them away. It was Christmas Eve and that was no time to feel sad. Spike left on a business trip about a week ago, and just now realized that he wouldn’t make it home for Christmas. She was upset, but nothing could be done about it. Buffy browsed through their wedding album one more time. It would be their first Christmas as a married couple, and Buffy wished that Spike was there to share it with her. Oh well, there was always next year.

“Hey, come back here!”

Buffy glanced up to see a four-year-old terror run into her room, followed by an older woman that didn’t look pleased. “What’s going on?” She gazed at the little girl, trying not to laugh at the sight of her daughter with lipstick all over her face.

Faith glared at Buffy. “She got into my make-up bag again.”

The blonde wiped the smile off of her face, looking sternly at the child. “We talked about this, Cassie. You can wear that when you’re older, all you’re gonna do is piss Aunty Faith off.” She grabbed a nearby tissue and started wiping her daughter’s mouth.

“I wanted to play dress up.”

Buffy smiled, seeming to notice for the first time the ballerina dress that she was wearing.

Faith took the girl’s hand and led her out of the room. “Come on, kid. Let’s go watch a nice, quiet movie.”

Buffy watched them go and had to smile again. Faith may seem like she was really annoyed, but Buffy knew it was just an act. Her friend had a hard time after the break up with Graham. She was starting to think that love wasn’t for her, until Buffy introduced her to Robin Wood, the principal at the high school where she worked as a Counselor. They had been together for about two years now, and Buffy couldn’t be happier for them, knowing that Faith really wanted kids. She could tell just by seeing the brunette with hers. A baby crying ripped her out of her reverie. She headed into the nursery, to see that her son was awake and crying for his mother. Buffy went to the baby and gently picked him up, cradling him against her shoulder and rocking him back and forth. He started to calm down and relax against her. “It’s okay, baby. I know you miss Daddy, but he’ll be home soon.” She pulled away to look at his tear stained face. “At least you won’t remember this Christmas. You wanna go downstairs and see what your sister and Aunty Faith are up to?” She took his silence as a yes and made her way downstairs, only to see Faith and Cassie sitting together on the couch as they were engrossed in whatever Christmas movie was on. Buffy sat down beside them, bouncing little William on her knee, which caused him to giggle.

“Mommy, when’s Daddy coming home?”

Buffy was taken aback by the question, staring at her daughter. “He probably won’t be home for a few more days, sweetie.” The sad expression that took over the child’s features was enough to make Buffy’s heart ache.

“Could Santa bring him home? Jasmine said that Santa gave her a mommy for Christmas. Couldn’t he make Daddy come home?”

Buffy smiled fondly at her daughter’s innocence, running her fingers through her brown curls. “I don’t think it works like that, honey. Daddy wasn’t able to get a flight, but I know he would be here if he could. He loves watching you open your presents on Christmas morning. Hey, we’ll have a second Christmas when he gets here. Wouldn’t that be fun?”

Cassie shrugged, rubbing her tired eyes.

Faith decided that was her cue. “All right, munchkin. It’s time for all little girls and boys to get to bed. Santa won’t come if you’re still awake.”

The child’s eyes widened as she bounded off of the couch and ran upstairs.

Faith gave a smile. “It works every time.”

Buffy smiled in return. “I really do appreciate you being here right now, Faith.”

She waved her hand in the air. “Think nothing of it. I won’t be seeing Robin until tomorrow night, then we have our own festivities. If you get my meaning.”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “It’s kinda hard not to. I guess we better turn in, looks like this little guy is about ready to drop again. I’ve never known of a baby that sleeps as much as he does.”

“Enjoy it while you can, B. You’ll be missing it when he hits the teenage years.”

Buffy couldn’t even think about that, wishing her children could stay babies forever. “I’ll keep that in mind, goodnight.”

Faith watched her leave and leaned back against the couch, hating the pain she saw on her friend’s face. “I really hope you get here in time, Spike.”


* * * * *


Buffy was awoken by a very excited child jumping on her bed.

“Mommy, get up! It’s Christmas! Look at all the presents Santa brought!” Cassie ran out of the room, not looking to see if her mother was following her.

Buffy rubbed her eyes, noticing that it was only seven in the morning.

Faith walked by her doorway, her hair all mussed and a cup of coffee in her hand.

Buffy smiled. “You’re really not a morning person, are you?”

Faith gave her a look. “No one should be up at this time, it’s just not right. That kid of yours is the fucking energizer bunny. I’ll be happy when I can sleep in tomorrow.”

Buffy agreed and got out of bed, putting her robe on and peeking in the nursery to see that William was still asleep. Her baby could sleep through anything. She headed downstairs to see that Cassie was shaking some of her presents, but hadn’t opened any of them yet.

“Can I start now, Mommy?”

Buffy loved that no matter how excited her daughter was, she would always wait for Buffy to open her presents. “Yeah, go ahead.”

A smile lit up Cassie’s face as she dug in, pleased with all of her gifts.

Buffy noticed a frown that the little girl tried to hide, but had a feeling it had something to do with her not getting a puppy, which was the one thing that she wanted. Buffy just didn’t think she was ready, but maybe next year.

Cassie started to play with her new toys, when the doorbell suddenly rang.

Buffy was confused about who it could be, getting up to answer it and not expecting the person that was standing there. She raised her eyebrows. “I didn’t know that I ordered a Santa.”

Faith came around the corner to see the man in the Santa Claus costume, trying to hide the smile on her face.

“Who are you?” Buffy wondered, taken by surprise when Santa wrapped his arms around her and planted a firm kiss on her mouth.

Cassie came to see what was going on, her eyes widening. “I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus!”

Faith placed her hand over the child’s eyes.

Buffy pulled away to take a deep breath, not mistaking the twinkle in Santa’s blue eyes. “Spike?” She gasped when he removed the beard and hat, gracing her with a smile.

“Happy Christmas, sweetheart.”

Buffy felt tears form in her eyes, giving him a hug. “I didn’t think you would make it,” she said, pulling away once again. “How did you get here?”

He shrugged and moved into the house, closing the door behind him. “I sort of lied on the phone, I wasn’t stuck at the airport. I just wanted you to think that, so I could surprise you. Did it work?”

Buffy slapped his chest lightly. “I would say that it did.”

“Daddy!” Cassie yelled, attacking him in a hug.

Spike lifted the girl into his arms, kissing the top of her head. “I missed you, too, bit. Have you been good for your mum?”

She nodded eagerly. “Why are you dressed like Santa? Did he bring you home? That’s what I wished for last night.”

Spike carried her into the living room, sitting on the couch and placing her down on his lap. “Saint Nick and I go back a long time; he heard your prayers and wanted to make sure that I was here with you on Christmas morning. He was nice enough to loan me the outfit.”

Cassie beamed at him. “I knew Santa was real. Jackie was saying at school how he was just pretend. I don’t like her,” she commented, scrunching up her nose.

He chuckled. “I see you already got to your presents, but there’s one you forgot about.”

Buffy was confused when Spike went outside, her eyes widening when he came back in, a brown puppy clutched in his arms.

Cassie squealed when she saw the animal, taking the creature from his arms and cradling it in hers. “I love her, Daddy! I’m gonna name her Cinderella!” She hugged his legs, then went to go play with her new puppy.

Spike turned to his wife. “I couldn’t resist, love.”

She nodded and wrapped her arms around him. “She’s happy, that’s all that matters. You really did make this a great Christmas, Spike. I’m so glad you’re here.”

He kissed her softly on the lips. “There’s nowhere else I would want to be.”

Faith could tell that things were about to get very mushy, so she joined Cassie in the living room to leave them to their privacy.

Buffy looked him up and down. “So, do you get to keep the costume?”

Spike grinned. “Only for today, I have to give it back tomorrow.”

Buffy nodded, a matching grin on her face. “Well, I guess we better make the best of it tonight.”

“Does my girl have a secret Santa fetish?”

She moved closer to him. “Only if you’re the Santa.”

He watched her walk away, lust clouding his features. Spike would make a call and see if he could keep the outfit a bit longer. He had a feeling it would really come in handy.

The End


I hope that was a good enough ending, mushiness and all. I did say this was short, and there wasn’t supposed to be much to it. Thanks to those that read and reviewed. Happy holidays=)
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=28935