The Time of your Life by Spikesluv
Summary: A modern version of "Dirty Dancing" (perhaps with a twist of "Save the last Dance" and "Salsa").
Buffy Summers, 17 years-old and vacationing with her family at "The Silvers" meets "Spike" Taylor, the most popular hotel dance instructor, and king of the dance.
She dislikes him from the beginning, he calls her a bitchy barbie doll.
But what happens, when Buffy has to learn the thing she hates the most.
Dancing...
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 7822 Read: 2681 Published: 12/28/2007 Updated: 06/22/2008

1. Prologue by Spikesluv

2. Welcome at the Silver's by Spikesluv

3. The bleached blonde wonder by Spikesluv

Prologue by Spikesluv
Author's Notes:
Hi guys! Now that I've found my first fic on a data cd again I've decided to continue it.
I'd already posted it when Spuffyfantasy was still in business but I've never gotten the chance to finish it.
Concerning the story itself, don't expect a storyline that is exactly like the movie.
"This will be so great," Cordelia Summers sighed happily, busily fixing her hair and all the while talking with her mother in the front seat.

"You know this is not a spa or something like that, Cordy darling?" Rupert Giles asked his oldest daughter from the drivers seat, slightly concerned that she could misinterpret their holiday resort for a beauty farm.

"But daddy, you promised me."

"Yes, sweetheart, I know, your skin condition and so on. But remember, this is a family trip. So, please try to at least."

It was one thing to talk to your daughter, who only knows the newest facts in Cosmopolitan and which dresses match the color of your eyes, but bonding time with the family, that's... Let's call it difficult.

"I'm sure, honey we'll have a great time at 'The Silvers'," his wife reassured him, patting his hand lovingly.

"Whatever you say, my love." He sent a warm smile her way, that made Joyce Summers happily close her eyes for a moment.

She and Rupert Giles Summers have been married for more than twenty years now and still there was a feeling of pure love and satisfaction between them.

Yeah, she was indeed a lucky woman. Having a beautiful home, a gorgeous husband (which is in the eye of the beholder, of course) and two loving daughters.


"Yeah I think it will be really great!" an annoyed voice called from the backseat.


Right...very happy, the older woman thought inwardly.


"We discussed this a hundred times, Buffy," the older woman sighed and asked herself, why her youngest daughter could be so stubborn sometimes.

"Yeah, whatever," the petite, seventeen- year-old girl declared, clearly more than unhappy with this situation. Well, who wouldn't be when your parents had destroyed all her plans of dating the hottest guy in L.A. And to top it off, they'd decided to stay at 'The Silvers', a really great place… for old people.

"Actually, I would be happier without you, too." Cordelia said, interrupting her sister's thoughts.

"Right, like you would notice others things beside your complexion", Buffy glared at her and choose to ignore the deadly look, Cordelia was sending her way.

"Girls," Mr. Summers attempted to clear the air, like he used to do more than 10 times a day.

"Don't waste your time with arguing. I'm sure everything will be fine. There are plenty of things you two can do… separate things of course."

"Like what?" Buffy asked immediately. "Croquet and bingo? Very exciting, dad."

Mr. Summers sighed, defeated.

How could they survive four weeks with constant whining: "I don't like this" and "I don't want to do that" from a pissed-off teenager… and let's not forget "Oh, mom! I should have brought more than fifty dresses. Now, I have nothing to wear!" from a fashion-crazed girl.

"You know, Buffy, dear, it's been ten years since we were there the last time. And Wesley told me that plenty of things have changed," he tried to lighten the mood.
Actually he seemed to be the only one who was really looking forward to this trip. Beside his beloved wife, of course.

However, his children didn't share his opinion, even though it was their first real holiday in seven years (besides a camping-trip disaster, which ended with a whining Cordy and a mud-covered Buffy).
Well, he could only hope for a peaceful time..


"I just hope that they renovated some of those cabins. You know I can't live without comfort, daddy. And I've still got the memory of those terrible mosquitoes in my mind," the brown-haired girl stated plainly, not looking up from her magazine.

"If you paid attention to something besides 'Vogue' for once, perhaps you'd have a clue about what has been changed there," came a stern reply from the front seat.
"And you can take dance and art classes, or play sports... I'm sure you'll find something that suits you," Mr. Summers suggested, watching out for the upcoming billboard.

"Sports?!" Cordelia screamed indignantly. "I can't play sports! I might break a nail!"

At this well known 'outburst' Buffy just rolled her eyes.
It was so typical Cordelia that she often wondered why her sister even left the house.
A simple breeze could ruin her hair and therefore her whole day…so she proclaimed at least.

"And that would be such a tragedy," she chose to simply comment it, ignoring her sister's rambling about a good manicure.

Honestly, the blonde hoped that there would be something that she could do without making a fool of herself. At least, that would be something new.
Instantly memories of a broken leg due to a water-skiing accident and several other sports-related injuries from playing ice hockey and riding horseback flashed through her mind, causing a flare-up of her migraine.

Yeah.
Buffy was an accident waiting to happen.

"Like you're so talented, little Miss Dancing Queen," Cordelia stated after ending her newest speech about the importance of good nails.

"Cordelia, please." Mrs. Summer now spoke up, soothing her temples.

"No, mum. She started it. And besides, little Miss Sunshine here can surely entertain a crowd with her great moves, don't ya Buff?"
Cordelia flipped her long hair back and smiled sweetly at her sister, who just stared at her blankly.

"I don't know what you are talking about," she finally said, shrugging.

"Oh, come on Buff. We all know your little secret. Did you think I wouldn't know about the books?
'How to Learn to Dance' or 'Ten Steps to Becoming a Dancing Queen'," Cordelia giggled, obviously amused by her sister's little "problem".

"Cordelia , sweetheart , please...," her mother tried again, knowing that this was a sensitive topic for Buffy.

" Well, don't you wanna see Buffy bust a move, mum? Maybe they even got a talent show there and our little dancing star could win us a gardenia. Didn't you want to buy a new one for our backyard anyway?"
The brown haired girl leaned slightly forward and tried to catch the eye of her mother, who was clearly not amused.

"Don't listen to your sister, sweetheart," Joyce smiled lovingly at Buffy instead, who still remained silent and shot glares at Cordelia.

"Yeah, so? At least I try to learn something," she finally spit out, before crossing her arms over her chest.

"Right, as if it was so hard to dance. Here's the thing, dear sister, even a household appliance can move more gracefully than you," Cordelia replied spiteful.

"Oh you little....," Buffy made an attempt to reach for the brown-eyed girl, who instantly began screaming.

"Stop that!" Rupert Summers yelled above Cordelia's annoying shriek due to Buffy's fingers in her long hair.

"I can't take anymore. You two will get along. Do you understand?"

If only he could clean his glasses, an old habit when his nerves were on edge. But at least one Summers member had to keep his eyes on the road.

In the backseat however, both girls instantly fell silent. But the glaring competition didn't stop,even though her father also gave them a sharp glance through the rear mirror.

"Perhaps," Mrs Summer tried to change the mood in a better direction, "both of you could learn something new this summer. I read that they've got excellent teachers there." She slightly turned in her seat to take a better look at her daughters, who just looked at her like she had suddenly grown two heads.

"Do you expect me to take a tennis course, with a bald, tubby man, who will surely be leering at me all the time?," Cordelia exclaimed horrified, not wanting to think about this option any further.

"Don't be ridiculous, honey," Joyce smiled. "The teachers are all in your age."

"Oh really." Cordelia suddenly gave herself more than interested even forgetting her current magazine for a moment. "Maybe there are some hotties on the staff," she cooed, her outlook on the summer having abruptly changed for the better. "That would totally be a bonus."

Mrs. Summers watched her oldest daughter in amusement, while Buffy continued to act sullenly, looking out the window.

"What about you Buffy? Don't you like the thought of other kids your age around?"

"Doesn't matter," she simply stated, ignoring the way Cordelia raised a perfectly manicured eyebrow.

"Still hanging on your dreams about Parker Abrams?," she simply asked in a flat voice. "Like he would even consider a conversation with you, my dearest sister. But hey, maybe you can find some looser who suits ya over at 'Silvers'." She patted Buffys arm in a reassuring manner who immediately snatched it away like it had been burnt.

"Why don't you just fix your make up Cordy? You're in such a need of it," Buffy tried to cover her hurt about her sisters words, deep down knowing that they might be true.

Great guys probably would never go for someone like her.
So why should she expect anything of this holiday?

Having the time of her life?

Meeting the greatest love of all?

Yeah.

Right.

Like hell she would.

But just when she was about to close her eyes for a minute, most of all to forget the upcoming holiday for a minute, her fathers voice broke through the silence.

"My dears, we're finally here," Rupert Summers proclaimed happily, letting a broad smile appear on his face.

"Welcome to the time of my life", Buffy simply thought ironically, before they passed the billboard of the 'Silvers Mountain Lodge'..

Welcome at the Silver's by Spikesluv
Author's Notes:
Big thanks for the reviews! Feedback is really appreciated. :)

Disclaimer: See chapter 1!
The family was greeted by a drive full of cars and a crowd of people.Pageboys were busy carrying bags and trunks in the main building and a grumpy-looking man was yelling at them in the middle of the driveway.

"Hurry up. We're not a second-rate youth hotel. You're working for The Silvers! So move your lazy asses and take care of those boxes over here!"

Mr. Summers stopped the car right in front of a poor boy, who dashed over to an old lady in a luxurious dress and her three barking dogs.

"It seems like we arrived at the right time," Rupert Summers joked and turned off the motor.
"We’ll go and check our reservation. You can stay in the car or take a look around. Do what you like, but stay near," he added towards his daughters.

"Sure thing, dad."

Both girls rolled her eyes and waited till her parents had left the car and were out of sight.


"So what do we do now?" Buffy asked her older sister in a sweet voice, obviously disliking the whole situation itself.


Yeah, now it’s me and Miss Cosmopolitan alone, her inner self responded ‘joyful’.


Cordelia just spared her a glance and slammed the door open with a loud thud, already giving herself like an important Hollywood actress who would be greeted by a crowd of fans.


"I think I should find a bathroom where I can check my make up," was her only reply before she left the car and swung her black Gucci bag over shoulder.


"Just what I need,” Buffy muttered and hurried after her, knowing that it wouldn’t take long before Cordelia was completely lost in the new place and would surely make someone a scene.


And this, the blonde decided, wouldn’t make her parents happy at all. Especially when Cordelia would blame it on her again ..like always.


“Damn it, Cordy. Just wait up,” Buffy yelled after the brunette Summer’s girl, who was already disappearing in the crowd of people.


“I so will..,” the small blonde muttered angrily and tried to move past a bulky businessman, only to crash into a tall, muscular body - which caused her to stumble and fall over.


"You ok?" a deep, Californian voice immediately asked her concerned.


“Yeah, I’m fine,” the blonde muttered and ignored the now offered hand, trying to push herself up from the cold gravel path.

Her knees were dirty now and her hair hung loosely around her face.


"I'm so sorry, but you came out of nowhere and I didn’t..,” the young man started to apologize, while Buffy still hadn’t spared him a glance.


"Whatever," came her short reply, before she finally gave up on cleaning her knees and took a look at her so called “attacker”.


Instantly her eyes widened and all the anger flooded away.


Before her was standing a guy with soft, chocolate brown eyes that seemed to match the color of his hair and she could make out broad shoulders you could definitely lean on. The guy in front of her had - without a doubt - the look that made her heart beat a little faster.


"Are you really alright?" he interrupted her gaze with a hint of a smile.

“What..,” Buffy stammered, having difficulties to focus her foggy mind.

“I asked you if you’re alright,” she guy in front of her repeated, staring into her green eyes.

“I’m..I’m fine. Peachy even,” she tried to cover her visit to the so called “Dreamland” in a perky voice that
made her inner self cringe.


And now ask yourself again why great guys will never go for you..


“By the way, I’m Angel Montgomery, “ the tall man used her awkward moment to introduce himself. “One of the dance instructors here at the place.”

A wide smile that made her knees even get weaker, joined his handsome face and he raised one of his strong hands forward to greet her properly.


Rule Number One: Always threat them like a gentleman.


Angel Montgomery was a player. A player who pretended to be a gentleman, only to get a girl into bed within 24 hours.


"I'm Buffy, Buffy Summers, " she blonde with the shining green eyes finally told him and let her small hand join his bigger one.


Breathe Buffy. Breathe..


“So, you’re new here,” Angel spoke up again and tried to check her out in his usual manner, never loosening his persistent smile.

Her tanned legs were really nice and the curves he could make out under her baby tee, didn’t seem so bad either.


Guess it’s your lucky day today, little girl…


The leering look in his eyes went unnoticed by Buffy, who really tried to get a grip on herself before she would go straight for “Looser of the Month”.


Just answer the question, Buff. Focus on his question.


"We just arrived," she somewhat blurted out and gave him a smile of her own, trying to cover up her nervousness.


"I'm sure you'll like it here. It's not so boring as it seems. There's a lot of action," the tall dance instructor told her suggestively.


He was sure that this girl would be an easy one, the
way she was taken aback by his presence.
To him, it was no secret how to handle the girls at the place. A smile here and some beautiful words there and you'd get what you want.


And the outsight of this season was really not so bad so far.


“Good to know, “ Buffy answered shortly, too afraid to make a fool of herself.


Better safe than sorry.


"You know if you would like to learn some new moves,
I'm all yours, " he added in a low voice, which caused Buffy to blush immediately. "Not that I think you wouldn't be a good dancer."


Ok, gorgeous guy and the topic from hell. Think Buffy, think..


"Well..." she desperately searched for words, while Angel’s look lingered on her in way that she couldn’t define.


Oh yeah little girl, you’re definitely going to enjoy my dance lessons…


But just before Buffy even had the chance to change the topic, a well-known girl in a Prada dress stepped into her view.


“Can you believe that this little pageboy told me to find a bathroom on my on,“ Cordelia complained in her usual manner, pushing her long hair over her shoulders in a dramatically way. "It's our money that pays them. They should show me some respect!"


She still couldn’t understand how a boy in this position hadn’t even spared her a second glance, not to mention his short reply about “Being patient for a moment or finding a bathroom on her on”.


“Whatever you say, Cordy,” Buffy stated, asking herself why Cordelia always had to pop out of nowhere.


In the meantime, Angel was more than pleased with the view, the tall brunette presented him.

To him she was a perfect vision of Sandra Bullock and Cindy Crawford, mixed up in one hot body with high heels. He surely had a hard time not to leer at her right away.


“Buffy..,” he then choose to clear his throat, making Cordelia turn around in an instant.

“Well, hello to you too.” In an instant, Cordelia Summers had moved forward,completely shielding Buffy from his view. “I’m Cordelia. Cordelia Summers.”

A smile that she usually spared for special occasions appeared on her face and a perfectly manicured hand was slowly raised in greeting.

Angel however remained cool and forced himself to take Cordelia's hand to kiss her knuckles.


"It's a pleasure," he purred. "My name's Angel Montgomery."


Cordelia raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow, but welcomed the manners. "Nice to meet you, " she replied in her usual high-pitched voice, ignoring Buffy’s muttering beside her.


Finally a guy who knows how to treat a woman.


"And he's not bad looking either. Definitely a bonus," she noticed with a glance at his muscle-shirt.


“Didn’t you have a date with the bathroom mirror?”
With a slight bump of her left elbow, Buffy had placed herself in front of the other girl again. "I think your make up looks a bit too cakey already."
The brunette narrowed her brown eyes at this comment and had to suppress the urge to whip that now present fake smile of her sister’s face.

So you wanna mess with me?


“Well,dearie. Why don’t you sign up for some dance lessons while I’m fixing my make up. I know you're dying to.”


Now it was Buffy’s turn to narrow her eyes, hardly trying to not loose her temper.


I’m so gonna make her pay for this.


“Good thing that I’m a dance instructor here,” Angel interfered in a deep voice, clueless about the meaning behind Cordelia’s words. “You can sign up personally whenever you want.”


“Well, Buffy surely is a hard piece of work,” the older Summer’s girl informed him with a meaningful glance, stepping forward right before Buffy could bump into Cordy’s side.

“Maybe you should let some other guy take pity on her.”

“And maybe someone should dig a hole and put you in it ,” Buffy commented sardonically, putting herself between Angel and her sister.

“As if this would make you little Miss Dancing Queen,“ the brunette spat out unaffected, viewing her with a dull expression.


“Ladies, I think you..,” Angel finally started to soothe the atmosphere between the two sisters, when a pissed off voice called his name in a well-known manner, letting the dance instructor sigh inwardly.


Here it comes.


"Mr. Montgomery," a skinny, unfriendly-looking man immediately approached him.

"I can imagine that it's more interesting to have a little get together with your two friends here,"the short man declared, pointing at the two Summers women, who remained silent for the moment.
"But unfortunately you've got a job to do. And if I don't have amnesia, you should be at the golf course by…NOW," he added in a dangerously low tone, gritting his teeth.


"I was on my way over there, Mr. Snyder," Angel replied defending.


"Well Mr Montgomery. I can't see a reason that is preventing you from doing it," the other man hissed, fixing him with a cold stare.


"Yes, sir,” the tall dance instructor obeyed, making eye contact with the girls and indicating them to remain silent.


But Mr Snyder, still angry and in a bad mood, because of two kids who had crossed his path earlier, immediately turned his attention towards the female persons like a snake in wait.


"And you," he asked in an even more unfriendly tone.
"You're new entertainment staff?" His cold eyes inspected them disgusted. "What are your abilities? Play little peep shows?"


Buffy gasped at his comment, while Cordelia just narrowed her eyes and cursed this ugly looking man in a silent manner.


How dare he! What did he think they were?
Some sluts who are all over the next guy who comes along?



"No, Mr Snyder, sir. There's a misunderstanding. These girls aren't…"


"Shut your mouth, Montgomery," the small man yelled at the taller one. "Why are you still here? I can't see your feet moving. You're sure you don't want to fly back to your little town in nowhere?"


Knowing that a remark would only make it worse, Angel gritted his teeth and held his anger back.


Always the same.


It was always the same at the beginning of the season.


Snyder was a rat. A rat that searched for a shit of a reason to make your life harder.


"Listen you little gnome, "Buffy now choose to interfere in the private exchange, not willing to let “Rumpelstiltskin” insult the young dance instructor any further.


Angel mouthed some No's to stop her from saying whatever was on her mind but Buffy didn’t even think twice about her actions, while Cordelia gladly kept herself out of the tensed situation.


“Maybe you should go back to the place you’ve been coming from and leave Angel alone,” she locked her green eyes with icy brown ones, not willing to let the skinny man get the upper hand.


At this comment, Mr Snyder's eyes almost jumped out of its sockets and his face went indescribable red.


"Do you have any clue who I am?" he asked her infuriated, causing the blonde girl to put her right hand over her mouth in a dramatically way.


"Oh, I'm so sorry," she replied in exaggerated manner.
"Are you the missing animal from the zoo?" She gave him her sweetest smile, while the bald-headed man was almost exploding now.


"That's enough, " he screamed.
"I'm, Eugene Snyder, manager of this place,don't allow such an attitude in our family business!," his head already red like a tomato.

"And you, " he pointed at the petite one," are fired!"


"What's going on here?" the voice of Rupert Summers called from the main building, approaching the group with steady steps.


"I didn't do anything, daddy," Cordelia peeped up, sending him a wide smile that made him even more suspicious.


After a final look at his daughter he turned his attention towards the still furious man, who still had his gaze fixed on Buffy.


"Mr. Snyder, did my daughters cause any trouble?"


Taking a deep breath and remembering his position at the resort, the bald-headed man finally turned his attention towards the intruder he knew was a friend of his cousin.


"Oh, Mr. Summers. I'm sorry if it looked like a quarrel, "he began in a friendly tone, sparing Buffy a glance who in return just raised a brow.

"Your lovely daughters only asked me after the way to the lake." A plastic smile that almost reached his big ears covered his anger.


"Is that right Buffy darling? "Mr. Summers eyed her intensely and put his glasses back in its place.


Yeah, to drown the little gnome in it..


"Of course dad. Mr. Snyder was very friendly to help us out, “came her forced reply, joined by a false smile.


Even though Rupert Summers wasn’t convinced at all he decided to let the topic drop for the moment before it could turn into a complicated direction.


“I’m glad to hear that my dear,“ he pointed out in a loving way.
“But if you excuse us now Mr Snyder. My wife is waiting in the lobby.”


"Oh, you shouldn't keep your wonderful wife waiting for so long," Snyder's voice turned up.
"I think my cousin could use some help, too. You know, the staff is always hard to handle at the beginning of the season. So if you'll excuse me as well," he added with a final look at the Summers clan, before he rushed back to the main building.


“God he definitely isn’t a sort of person I’d want to meet more than once in my lifetime,“Cordelia stated after Snyder was out of sight.


“Well,“ Mr. Summers started, “he isn’t exactly what you would call a social person but still he’s Wesley’s cousin and runs the resort with him. So be at least respectful.”


“Poor Wesley,” the older Summer’s girl simply stated, while Buffy didn’t pay them much attention.


Now that she got rid of this ugly little man, her first priority was to look out for the handsome dance instructor.


“I surely would disclaim a relative like Snyder.” Cordelia made a face that left no doubt in her disgust towards the resort manager.


“If you say so dear,” her father replied shortly, not wanting to discuss the topic of Eugene Snyder any further. Wesley had already told him more than enough about said person that Rupert knew he had to keep his children out of Snyder’s way.


“Well, are we going to stand here till he comes back?,” Cordelia started again, clearly not liking this option at all.


“Of course not my dear. We really should get back to your mother,” her father announced smiling, letting Cordelia turn in said direction in an instant.


Yeah, she couldn’t wait to finally inspect their cabin.

Not to mention that her high heels gave her a hard
time.

But who was she to complain out loud?



“Buffy are you coming?” Rupert Summers now directed his attention towards his youngest daughter who seemed lost into whatever she was looking for.


Damn it, where did he go?


“Sweetheart,” her father now approached her, putting a warm hand on her shoulder and startling her out of her “mission”.


“Sorry dad. I guess I zoomed out for a bit.” She finally turned around and gave him a sincere smile that hid her disappointment about Angel’s leaving in a convincing way.


“Your mother’s waiting dear.” Smiling he set himself into motion before Buffy could respond a single word.


So she slowly followed her father into the direction of the main building and could soon make out her waiting sister who was even more impatient then before.


“About time,” she exclaimed at Buffy’s sight and instantly started to yank her through the still
present crowd.


"Yeah, yeah. No need to rush," Buffy tried to break free from her sister's hold, loosing sight of her father in the process.


Thanks Cordy..


When she could finally loose the grip successfully, both girls stumbled over the entrance into the lobby.
From behind them, a bleached-blond man also entered the hall…

The bleached blonde wonder by Spikesluv
Author's Notes:
Due to real life issues I wasn't able to update earlier.
Hope you're still with me :)
Feedback is really appreciated.
Thank you all so much for your reviews!!
“Crap, we’ve lost him,” Cordelia sighed frustrated, looking out for her father.

Her sister, after almost crashing into the tall girl, ran a hand through her long hair.
“I have a feeling it’ll take us awhile to find him again,” she replied, glancing at the hall, which was bustling with activity.

People were running everywhere…

Men in business suits, women in elegant dresses and crying children who searched for their mothers.

Welcome to the holidays ...

“Yeah, you’re a genius, “ the older girl snarled, rubbing her ankle. Her feet hurt like hell and all this noise was getting on her nerves.

Not to mention that there’s not a bathroom anywhere around…

Buffy rolled her eyes at Cordelia, mumbling something that sounded like “bitchy, PMS-ridden ho” before she directed her attention towards her sister again.

“Maybe the receptionist can help us out,” she suggested, her gaze already having landed on the information desk.

I really hope so. One more hour with my sister from hell and I’ll die, her mind screamed.

Meanwhile, the other Summers girl had already flopped into a free armchair and began to take off her shoes, not caring about the passers - by.

“What are you doing now?” Buffy glared irritated at the sight of a relaxed Cordelia.

“My feet hurt,” The brunette informed her sister simply, stretching her long legs.

“Serves you right for wearing black stilettos, ” Buffy replied, pointing at the shoes in question.

“Listen, Buffy. If Naomi Campbell can wear them, I can wear them. Got it?”

The petite blonde just rolled her eyes, refusing to dignify her sister’s haughtiness with a response.

Cordelia however smiled proudly, remembering the jealous looks of the girls back in L.A.
Nobody could surpass Cordelia Summers, especially when it came to fashion.

“Well, now that these important news have so enlightened my fashion horizon, I’d suggest we continue to look for mom and dad,” the blonde girl stated unaffected.

“I can’t walk around barefoot,” the other girl protested.

Of course… Buffy grumbled inwardly.

“Then put your shoes on.”

“What?!” Cordelia shrieked indignantly, a look of utter disbelief on her face.
“You think I’m going to walk around one more minute?” Cordelia asked, not believing her sister’s words.

Pleading brown eyes made contact with ablaze green ones that fixed the person in front dangerously.

“Listen, Cordy. Somebody has to find our parents.
Or do you want to find the cabin on your own?”
Buffy reminded the older one through gritted teeth as her patience began to wear thin.

Cordelia nodded satisfied and leaned back into the soft, well-padded chair, closing her eyes.
“Ah, you’re so kind. I really appreciate your offer,” she responded impossibly happily, relaxing her feet on the cold marble floor again.

The younger Summers girl clenched her fists, controlling the rage towards her supposedly beloved sister.
“Don’t worry,” she said with false sweetness,
“I will go over there and you can stay here and enjoy your rest,” Buffy growled finally, storming off into the other direction.

“Take your time,” her sister called after her, but Buffy was already out of sight, ignoring everything and everybody on her way to the right side of the lobby.
At least she could put some distance between her so called sister and herself.

Though she had a hard time to get through the crowd of people, who blocked her sight to the glass front of the reception desk, she managed to make it there without causing anyone bodily harm.

Would have been Cordys fault anyway…

After a short time Buffy was able to reach a handsome – looking girl, dressed in the typical Silvers suit with a nameplate on the front.

Trying hardly to calm down a man in a terrible dark green two-piece suit that emphasized his mud colored eyes, the receptionist didn’t notice the young blonde girl smiling friendly at her.

“I can’t believe that we don’t get a bungalow at the eastside,” the middle- aged man hissed, staring at the blonde woman in front of him through angry eyes.

“I’m sorry, Mayor Wilkins. But this year the eastside is already fully booked. I told your secretary…” the young woman explained politely, only to be cut off by the furious man.

“I don’t care. My family and I want a view that overlooks the lake, like we have every year.”

Buffy immediately stepped away a bit and decided to follow the conversation from a safe distance, afraid to interrupt.

This guy’s looking like he’s going to explode any minute…

“So, Miss.“ said man looked at the receptionists nameplate and made an obvious effort to keep his impatience under control.
“Miss MaClay. I’m sure you don’t want any difficulties.”

A cold smile, that would even freeze the desert, appeared on his face.

“I know, you’re a good friend of Mr Snyder, sir.
But I can’t change the reservations. I’m not allowed to do it,” the patient girl replied slowly, watching the screen of her computer with interest.

“Uh, wrong answer”, Buffy mumbled at the glare, the man was immediately sending the receptionists way.

Mayor Wilkins was really pissed off now and suddenly reached over to catch the collar of the receptionists white blouse, forgetting his usual good manners.

“Listen to me.” He growled at the puzzled girl, who was speechless. “You will fix that misunderstanding or I…”

“Not the way to treat a lady,” a British voice called resolutely, causing Buffy to direct her attention away from the scene in her view.

A peroxide blonde man with sharply edged cheekbones was walking towards the indignant middle-aged man, pushing the gripping hand away roughly.

“Oh, the little dance – wannabe,” Mayor Wilkins greeted the interrupter, sending him a self-assured smile that the young man seemed to ignore completely.
Instead he focused on the frightened receptionist, who was straightening her clothes and fumbling with her hair slide.

“Are you alright, Tara?” he asked with an edge of concern.

The girl nodded shyly, meeting his eyes.
“Y-Yes. I’m fine, Spike. Don’t worry. I’m..I’m sure Mayor Wilkins had a hard day and he didn’t want to lose his temper. Am - Am I right, Mayor?” she answered with a trembling voice, slowly turning her head at the older man in front of her.

Their argument however had already caught the attention of several guests in their vicinity who now eyed the well - known man from Sacramento with interest, forgetting their bags and reservations for a moment.

Suddenly very aware of the situation, the Mayor briefly straightened his tie and reached for a brown briefcase to take out his purse.

“Money will surely fix everything,” his inner voice proclaimed, all the while narrowing his eyes at the Billy Idol lookalike, blaming him for the awkward situation.

Spike Taylor had been a pain in the ass, every year Mayor Wilkins had attended Silvers.

And this fall, bad publicity could be the death of his political career, literally.

Especially since the re-election was near and the Sun had already published that nasty article about his little investments.
So he had to play along for the time being.
But the time would come and then he would see the bleached dance instructor going down.

“Of course, Miss MaClay. I’m so sorry for my rudeness.” The politician apologized in a stiff way, remembering his usual attitude in public, while handing her a twenty dollar bill.
His tie suddenly seemed a bit too tight.

Spike raised his scarred eyebrow and Tara stared at the money as if it would bite her at any moment.
It was against Silvers policy to take money from the guests, especially hush money.

“S- Sir, I’m not…” she stammered confusedly, unsure what to say.
The mayor had pulled a complete Jekyll and Hyde act, a furious monster one moment and a polite man the next.
He and Snyder were literally perfect for each other.

But she still had no idea how to handle him.

Meanwhile Mayor Wilkins was busy looking out for any unwelcome bystanders, more concerned about his image than his apology.

Luckily for Buffy she was standing a few feet away, barely visible behind a huge bouquet with different varieties of flowers, hoping the scene would be over soon.

Unfortunately a tubby woman with a huge hat and two bulky suitcases bumped into her and sent her flying over into the beautiful orchids, lilies and roses.

The expensive crystal vase dropped to the floor with a loud crash and the slightly slimy water caused Buffy’s white sneakers to slip on the marble floor.

Her small body was pulled forward and her hands gripped the polished glass plate of the table, only to have her feet slide out from under her again.

Imagining the hard marble floor, she closed her eyes and braced herself for what she expected to be a painful landing.

But it never came.

Instead she felt two strong arms encircling her waist and the sweet smell of aftershave tickling her nose.

Her hands found their way around a soft, warm neck without thinking and her face was pressed into a well-muscled chest.

Too shocked to breathe or to open her eyes, she stood perfect still, simply listening to the healthy heartbeat that echoed in said chest.

The logical part in her mind screamed at her to do something, but she couldn’t.

Nothing mattered in this moment.

This must be the shock.

She didn’t know how long she remained in this position when she heard someone speaking.

“What a mess. I thought this hotel would be well managed. Don’t they have some cleaners?”
An arrogant female voice was complaining out loud.

Buffy cracked open an eye, slowly raising her head to come face to face with a certain bleached blonde dance instructor.

Piercing blue eyes were meeting her gaze and a smirk was at the corner of his full lips.

“Hello Cutie,” he greeted the petite girl in his arms, pushing a strand of golden hair out of her face.

Buffy felt her cheeks glowing and if it was possible she blushed even more.
There she was standing in the arms of a stranger.

Well, a very good –looking stranger.

But he was a stranger nevertheless.

God, and I’m clinging to him like an idiot, she thought to herself, trembling slightly under his gaze.

Spike stared at her, not missing a single move she made.
One moment he’d been figuring out how to help Tara with the problem, so called Richard Wilkins the third and the next, a crash had caused him to turn around, finding a small petite figure pressed against his chest in an instant.

And a cute one too, he added inwardly.

The big hazel eyes, full rosy lips and that cute little nose were amazing and he couldn’t tear his gaze away from her flushed face.

Bloody 'ell, mate. Pull yourself together.
She's no different from any other girl...
Spike told himself, giving her his best smirk.

Buffy, still in his arms, was unable to come up with something beside a wretched oh, her mouth opened and closed without a single word.

“I like it when chits make the first move.”
His cocky side was back in a flash and his face came suggestively close to hers, never loosening the grip on her waist.
“So you’re up for the next round?”

He was slowly beckoning her in a more private corner of the lobby, where the show would just be between her and him.

Buffy was completely taken aback by his bluntness and the way he was moving them in a dark corner.

Who did this guy think he was?

She removed her hands from his body in an instant and anger flashed in her eyes, causing Spike to chuckle and holding her even tighter.

“Let go of me,” she spat, struggling to get free.

“Sorry bout that, pet. “ He replied cockily, his warm breath tickling the soft skin beside her left ear.
“But I never reject an offer.”

His words were only a whisper, but enough to send a shiver down her spine.

Buffy ignored the unpleasant feeling and turned her head in angry fury, ready to give him the best humiliation of his young life.

Almost touching her nose, it was the chance Spike had waited for.

Before Buffy could break loose, he had already leaned in and crushed his lips to hers, causing a little squeak to escape her throat.

Hazel eyes widened almost painful and the rest of her body was incapable of moving, frozen dead in tracks.

That was the last thing she’d expected.

The blue-eyed man sneaked his arms tighter around her small frame, pressing her upper body further into his hard chest.
His lips parted slightly and the tip of his tongue tasted her fuller bottom lip carefully.

Cor, her lips are like melting ice cream. So soft.

His mind was racing.
This girl was so pure, so innocent.
He’d never tasted anything like that.
And he had to admit that it tasted damn good...

Totally lost in his own thoughts he didn’t bother that the girl in his arms didn’t kiss him back while Buffy was mentally cursing herself.

Here she was, fool of the week who let herself get kissed by the first guy who comes along..

And she was sure she must have looked like fool, standing in the arms of a modern Casanova who was nibbling on her bottom lip, like there was no tomorrow.

Yeah and you’re doing nothing, except waiting for a hole in the ground to swallow you up, she told herself, still trying to ignore the tingling feeling that raced up and down her spine.

Little did she know that this attitude was driving him crazy, literally.

His last shag only had been a few hours ago, but he was a man after all.
He was the most craved man at Silvers, women always approached him for one-on-one
“dance lessons”, and some snogging was always good.
And if the little blonde in his would’ve taken some initiative, maybe if she’d started kissing him back, she could’ve well been the next woman to scream his name.

Spike decided to push her a little, forcing his tongue between her lips, searching entrance into her mouth.

The young girl however, whether due to lack of experience or shock, gritted her teeth as her eyes bulged.

Okay, tongue. Why the hell is his tongue in my mouth?! She asked herself, feeling the warm flesh sliding against her gums.

Enough is enough.

She wouldn’t even allow a Parker Abrams to do this.

Shaking herself out of her momentary daze she jerked away, pacing for a bit, before she searched his eyes again.

Spike smirked somewhat proudly, titling his head slightly and admiring her confused gaze.

“English men are still the best,” he praised his effect on her silently, not knowing how wrong he should be.

Giving him a cold glare, she clenched her fist tightly and did the only thing she could think of.

With all the strength she could muster she punched him, hoping to bring an end to his infuriating smirk.

Unfortunately for him, her aim was off and she hit his nose instead of his jaw.

Completely blown away by her reaction, his head shot back and he stumbled backwards, almost causing a stand that held free mint drops to fall.

“Bloody ‘ell, woman!” he screamed at her, holding his bleeding nose with both hands, and trying to control the damage.

Buffy raised her head slowly, ignoring the pain in her hand for a moment, and sent him a sweet smile.

“What’s your problem you soddin’ bint?”
Droplets of deep red blood were soaking his blue staff shirt now, running slowly over the bright letters at the front.

“What’s my problem!?” she shouted back.
“Who the hell are you to kiss me, you asshole?” She shot him a look of death, wondering if he’d blame her for his possibly broken nose.
Like she should’ve been enthusiastic about their liplock.

“You don’t have to be such a prude,” he replied sharply, searching for a tissue in the pockets of his black Levis.
An old napkin was the only thing he could find there.

Better’n nothin’, mate.

Buffy’s mouth dropped open in shock.
“I’m not a prude. Just because I didn’t fall all over you and beg you to kiss me a little more?
I don’t think so. You disgust me.”

“Never been told so.” The twenty-two year old man informed her nonchalantly, pressing the battered napkin to his nose.

“But from the way you kiss, you should be glad a bloke doesn’t run screamin’ after the first try.”

He quelled the urge to show her how disgusting he could really be when he tried, but his still-bleeding nose required his attention.

“You’re lucky that you’re bleeding,” she hissed immediately, “or I’d punch you again.”
There wasn’t a single hint of regret in her voice.

“Yeah, seems like some bitchy barbie dolls have to get off in other ways, eh?” Spike retorted, fixing her icily.

Buffy stepped forward, clenching her hand again, and prepared to give him another demonstration of her abilities.
Just then Tara ran in, clutching a blue cold pack.

“God, Spike. What happened?” she asked quietly, catching a glimpse of Buffy out of the corner of her eyes. “Andrew told me you were punched.”

Spike removed the napkin from his face, showing a slightly swollen nose.
Tara gasped loudly, almost forgetting the icepack in her hand.

“H-Here,” she stammered, handing him the cool bundle. “It’ll keep you from swelling up t-too badly.”

“Thanks, luv “ he said. Smiling warmly at her he immediately pressed the icepack to his nose.
“Ah, much better.”

Buffy rolled her eyes, annoyed by his attitude and the situation in general.

“Excuse me,” she turned her attention towards the receptionist, who turned her head in surprise.
“Did Rupert and Joyce Summers perhaps leave a message?” Buffy asked with a small smile, ignoring the dance instructor completely.

“S-Summers?” Tara repeated.

“Yes, my sister and I lost track of them.”
Now it was Spike’s turn to roll his eyes.

“Doesn’t Barbie know the way to her cabin?” he said teasingly.

“Don’t worry, bleach boy.” The seventeen year old replied shortly, wishing that she had hit his mouth instead of his nose.

“Your bungalow is at the Eastside. N-Number 25,” Tara interjected, not wanting to get into that little quarrel.
“Y-Your father told me to inform you and your sister.”

At the mention of her father, Buffy snapped out of her Ten ways to hit a Spike thoughts and nodded thankfully at the other blonde girl.

“I think I’ll be able to find it. Thank you, Tara,” she replied, remembering the receptionist’s name.

With a last look in deep blue eyes the turned on her heel and made her way back to her sister, not bothering to say goodbye.

“Bitch,” Spike murmured under his breath, while Buffy’s mind screamed bastard.

Tara didn’t have a clue what had happened there, but obviously the staff member and the new guest weren’t meant to be best friends...
End Notes:
Liked? Disliked? Tell me! :)
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=29247