Forever Together by ETBat18
Summary: *NEW SUMMARY! Thanks to DarkRiverTempest* Post Chosen and NFA. Buffy is living her life in Rome when a prophetic dream pulls her back to LA and a certain someone she thought gone forever. Now, Angel, Spike, and Buffy need to make some tough choices when the PTB bring Cordy back with a gift…and who is the handsome man from Buffy’s past that make’s Spike so jealous? Will start out PG but will eventually be NC-17.
Categories: General NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 10910 Read: 9172 Published: 01/21/2008 Updated: 02/09/2008

1. One by ETBat18

2. Two by ETBat18

3. Three by ETBat18

4. Four by ETBat18

5. Five by ETBat18

One by ETBat18
Author's Notes:
Hello everyone! I would just like to say that this is my first fanfic attemp. I will probably come back and do some editing to this chapter after I snag a Beta or two to go over it for me. I am still working out some of the details for the whole thing so go ahead and throw some ideas at me if you would like to see anything inparticular. Please Review and feel free to tell me what you really think! Either post a review here or email me at: Spikeakawtheb@hotmail.com
Disclaimer: I own nothing! Please don't sue!
Buffy had been living somewhat peacefully in Rome for months now. Sure she had had a fling with the Immortal, but her heart just wasn't in it. They had fun, but she was painfully aware that she was missing someone. A very blond, leather wearing, undead someone. She had dreams of that last day on the Hellmouth every night. When She awoke in the mornings she was always reminded of what Spike told her when she came back from the dead.

"I want you to know I did save you. Not when it counted, of course, but ... after that. Every night after that. I'd see it all again ... do something different. Faster or more clever, you know? Dozens of times, lots of different ways ... Every night I save you."

She hadn't understood it at the time, but she had lived it now and she knew exactly what he had meant then. The dreams don't stop. They keep coming and you have to keep reliving what you did wrong and the way you could have changed it. For months that's all she had dreamt about, what she should have done differently. She should have found a way to get him to leave the Hellmouth with her. Sometimes she thought of something clever or witty to say to convince him and they walked away together and sometimes she wouldn’t.

Tonight’s dream was different from the others. It started out the same, they were in the Hellmouth and the cavern was collapsing around them and she told him she loved him. Her heart was broken again like in all the other dreams when he told her “No you don't. But thanks for sayin' it.” But where she usually ended up standing on the edge of the giant crater that used to be Sunnydale thinking how she would never see him again, she was suddenly at the Hyperion Hotel and Spike was hurt. He looked like he had after Glory had tortured him but worse. He was delirious, and he was calling out her name. It was barely a whisper but she knew it was her name. That's when she had jolted awake. She knew it was a prophetic dream. She was sure of it. The feeling in her gut told her she was needed in LA and that Spike was the reason why. She didn’t even stop to wonder how that could be since Spike was dead.

Getting out of her bed Buffy glanced at her bedside clock. It was just now 5:30 in the morning in Rome, that meant it was 4:30 London time. Picking up the phone she dialed Giles’ number. Oh, Giles was so going to think she was crazy! Waiting for him to pick up on the other end seemed like the longest wait of her life. After what seemed like the thousandth ring a sleepy Giles finally picked up.

“Hello” came Giles’ groggy voice.

“Giles, did I wake you?” Buffy asked.

“Buffy? Do you know what time it is?”

Buffy paid no attention to the annoyed tone of Giles’ voice and started to explain her dream to him. When she was done talking Giles knew there was no way she wasn’t going back to The States. He told her to pack while he found out a few things and called her back.

Buffy had packed, gotten a quit shower and was about to pick up the phone to call Giles back when it started to ring. It was Giles and the news he had to share was definitely not good. There had been a battle, one that had taken out Angel's whole crew. The only survivors had been Angel, Spike and some sort of God King named Illyria. Buffy was definitely going to need an update on that one. But for now she was just happy to hear that she had a flight to LA. Giles had gotten her the first flight out of Rome and it left at 9:00. That gave her right at two hours to get things settled in Rome, get a hotel booked, and get to the airport.

After Dealing with Dawn and convincing her that she did not need to come with her to LA, Buffy hugged her sister and made her way to the airport. When she was on the plane and well on he way back to California Buffy let he mind wander.

Why didn’t angel call her? There was an entire Slayer Army that could have come to help him. The more she thought about it the more she swore she was going to stake them both when she saw them, but the closer she got to home the more she couldn't picture doing anything but running into Spike's arms. She also knew that wouldn't happen. They had never been that type of couple, if she could even call them a couple. They had more of a want, take, have, type of relationship. She knew that was her fault too. She had many chances in the past to make things right with him, to give him a real shot, yet she continued to treat him like dirt. She had always known that he wasn't just a monster but her own unwillingness to admit that had ruined the chances she had to show him. Now she had another chance and there was no way she was going to let her own pigheadedness stand in the way. She was going to do things the way she should have a long time ago.

After two lengthy layovers, one in New York and one in Dallas, the plane finally landed at LAX. As she was walking out of the airport Buffy wasn't sure where to go first. Since she had heard about the battle with Wolfram & Hart and how Angel and Spike had barely survived. She figured they were probably still at the Hyperion Hotel, but she needed time to get herself together before she saw either of them. She knew that dealing with the two vamps wasn’t going to be easy so she figured she might as well check into her hotel and get settled before going to look for them.

Before she left Rome she booked a room at The Beverly Hilton. Sure it was a little expensive but the new Council of Watchers was paying her enough money to basically do what she wanted. Her thinking was 'Hey, I have all this money, why not treat myself right?' After arriving at the hotel and checking in She took a shower and reapplied her make-up. All day on a plane and in airports did major damage on her appearance. She should probably wait till the next day to seek out her boys but there was no way she would make it. She had to see HIM. Slipping into a pair of black leather pants, a red halter top, and some high heeled boots she grabbed her jacket and purse and headed out to get a cab to the Hyperion.

When the cab pulled up at the old hotel the cabbie looked at her with a look of concern on his face. "Um... are you sure this is the right place? Its not really the best place for a little girl like you to be at this time of night." Buffy just looked at him and assured him she would be fine. Getting out of the cab she braced herself and walked up to the front door.

When she walked inside, the lobby was empty. After the battle that she had been told about she had expected to find the place in shambles, but it actually appeared to be in perfect order. Maybe that was one of the perks of working for the Powers That Be, Maybe it came with a maid service?

Taking a brief look around the front of the old hotel Buffy didn’t see or hear anyone. She could feel them though. One thing she had never forgotten was the signature tinglies these two vamps gave her. She would know Spikes signature anywhere. Deciding not to just roam through the huge hotel she just called out in the hopes that they would hear her. They had vamp hearing after all, right?

"Spike!... Angel! Is anyone here!?!?"
Two by ETBat18
Author's Notes:
I would like to thank those of you who showed interest in this fic so far. I'm having fun writing this so I'm glad you like it. It like to say thank you to my Beta DarkRiverTemest. You have been so great I cant even tell you. I hope everyone likes chapter 2. Please Review!
Chapter 2

The battle with the Senior Partners was over and Spike and Angel had retreated to the Hyperion. Spike didn't know how they had survived. He had gone into the battle knowing that he wasn't going to come out at the other end, and he had been okay with that. Yet somehow he was still here…

***

As it turns out, the Senior Partners at Wolfram & Hart didn't really like the fact that Team Angel killed off all the members of the Circle of the Black Thorn. Team Angel was gone now of course. Lorne went to God knows where and Fred had been taken over by Illyria. Cordelia had died never having woken up from the coma she was in, and Wes and Gunn were dead from the battle with the Senior Partners.

Charlie-boy had fought a good fight. He even lasted longer than Illyria's predicted ten minutes. He was gone now though, Spike had seen him fall to a sword through his chest. When he saw it happen he gave pause for just a second, but when the demon turned and came towards him he let loose with more fury than he had let loose in a long while. He didn’t know he still had it in him to get that brassed off and neither did the demon that killed Gunn. Swinging his sword, he decapitated the demon before he ever had a chance to see it coming.

Wes had gone before that when taking out his member of the Circle. It seemed that Illyria had killed the four she had been given and found him that way. After Wes had died in her arms, Cyvus Vail mistook Illyria to be a helpless little girl and she put her fist through his face. He wished he could have seen that.

He was surprised that he was all right with Wes being gone. He had been miserable for months and the way Spike figured it, that was the way Wes would have wanted to go out. He was also a bit surprised to realize that he was going to miss the Watcher. He had turned out to be a pretty good bloke. He hadn’t had time to reflect on it then though as there had been a war being waged in front of him.

Spike had been hacking through demons left and right. It didn’t seem to matter how many he took out, for every one dead there were ten to take its place. Angel was to his right, cutting a swath through the hoards and Illyria was standing directly behind the two of them, taking out anything they didn't. She seemed to have been hit hard by Wes dying and she was taking it out on anything that stepped in her path.

Then there was the dragon.

Angel said he wanted to take it out himself and he did. Seeing the carnage below, the dragon swooped down and as it was about to start spitting fire at them, Angel managed to launch his sword and it landed true; the sword went straight through the heart. It was a once in a lifetime shot and it was probably the reason they were still alive. It seemed the dragon was the ace in the hole for the Senior Partners because as it fell, something happened. The demon army stopped attacking. The three of them watched as a portal began to open at the end of the alley, only to see the remaining demons turn and go into it.

By the time the battle was over, they were standing in a deserted alleyway surrounded by dead demons. Illyria had survived, being a bit worse for wear just as he and Angel were, but she seemed to have no problem getting around. They weren't far from the Hyperion Hotel and it was almost daybreak. It had been time to pack it in and find shelter from the sun.

Spike turned and saw that although Angel had been standing a moment ago, he had now walked to the side of the alley and collapsed next to the alley wall. Hobbling over to where Angel and Illyria were at, he looked them over making sure they were in one piece.

"Hey Peaches, can you walk with that gash in your leg? Sun's about to come up we need to get inside.”

“Why are we alive?”

“I have no idea mate, but if we don’t get a move on the sun is going to make it a moot point.”

Spike held his hand out as Angel took it and tried to stand. It didn't work. Either because Spike wasn't currently stable enough to lift him, or Angel simply couldn't, he didn't know. Illyria solved that problem when she reached down and hauled him back to his feet. It seemed it was a mixture of both; Angel could stand, just not very well, and Spike himself was about to fall to the ground.

After leaning against the alley wall to get his bearings, Angel started moving towards the Hyperion with Spike and Illyria right on his heels.

When they reached the Hyperion, the sun had been peeking over the horizon. They had made it just in time, but by then Illyria was practically carrying them both. ‘What a joy it must be to have the powers of an old one‘ Spike thought.

Illyria, it seemed, was full of surprises today. She made sure they both got to a room with a bed in it and then did something completely unexpected.

"I'm going to find blood. You wont last the day without it. I shall return when I have acquired some."

Spike didn't know what to say and she had turned and walked out before any comment could be made. Turning his head to look in the direction of Angel’s room, he walked to the adjoining door that opened between their suites and leaned against the doorframe.

"Well Peaches, got any idea how we just made it through that? 'Cause I'm at a loss. And when did Ole Blue become so bloody helpful?”

Angel didn’t seem to hear him; he was still staring at the door Illyria had just walked out. Then he spoke.

“You know, I’m not really sure, that was very… strange.”

Taking a seat in the armchair opposite the bed Angel was sitting on, Spike asked the one question that begged to be answered.

“Well what do you think is going to happen now? The Senior Partners don’ seem to be the type to just back off like that. Think they’re goin’ to stage another attack or do you think they’ll just take their losses and call it good?”

“I honestly don’t have a clue what they will do. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see,” Angel said with a sigh. “For now though I think sleep would be good”

With a nod, Spike got up from the chair and went back to his room. Collapsing on the bed, Spike slipped into unconsciousness.

***

Spike didn’t know how much time had passed since he had lain down but he was very suddenly awake. He heard the door between his and Angel’s suite swing open and was quickly hit with a bag of blood. Looking towards the door, he saw Illyria standing there.

“Drink.”

Spike was a bit too stunned to say anything as she turned to walk into Angel’s room. Not that it surprised him any, that was her way of talking to people who were lesser beings in her mind. He just figured her moments of being strangely helpful were probably over.

Getting up was a bit harder this time. When he tried to get up off the bed, Spike was slammed with pain all through out his body. He didn’t remember being in this much pain when he went to sleep. Looking at the clock on the wall, he realized he had been asleep almost all day and there was probably only an hour left until sunset.

That explained how all the pain started to set in at least. His left eye was swollen almost completely closed now, and he could tell as soon as he started to move around that he had at least two or three broken ribs. He knew he probably still had a large gash on his forehead and not to mention probably a million little scrapes, cuts, and bruises that he wouldn’t be able to see until he got in the shower.

Finally getting up, he made his way slowly into Angel’s room. When he made it into the other suite, he was confused to find only Angel sitting on his bed staring off into space with a bag of blood in his hand. Looking around, he noticed that on the dresser there was a fairly large box filled with what appeared to be more bags of blood; Illyria was nowhere to be seen.

“So, where’d Ole Blue run off to?” Spike asked as he made his way to pick up a cup off the counter in the small kitchen area and began pouring his blood into the mug.

“Gone.”

“Gone?”

“She came in and left the blood. Then she told me that she was leaving.”

“Leavin’ t’ go where mate?”

“All she said was she couldn’t stay in this dimension and she was going to find the one she did belong in.”

Spike didn’t know what to say to that. He didn’t really figure her for the hanging around type, but he didn’t think she had the power to jump dimensions anymore. Making his way over to the chair he had been sitting in that morning, he took a seat and drank the mug of blood he had in his hand.

“She say if she was comin‘ back?” Spike asked.

“She didn’t say. I suppose we could find her if we needed to, but I figure she has done her part here. If she wants to go I’m in no position to try and force her to stay.”

Spike knew he had a point but he actually liked having Illyria around.

“I really hate this floor.”

“Wha’s that peaches?”

“I really hate this floor of the hotel. We need to move upstairs. I think I still have clothes and stuff in my rooms. I even bet that there are still clothes that Gunn left in his room that might fit you.”

“Right. A shower sounds like a piece of heav’n right about now. Lead the way… that is, if you can move.”

Angel just rolled his eyes as he got up and head to the door, stopping only for a moment as he grabbed the box of blood and then continued on his way.

The trip upstairs was made in silence. Spike followed Angel, assessing his injuries along the way. He was walking with a limp from the large gash on his thigh as well as holding his left arm close to his body. Spike couldn’t tell if it was just hurt or if it might possibly be broken. Either way, he wasn’t too worried. Knowing his luck, the old poof would be around brooding for the rest of his unlife. It could be another hundred years and Angel would still be around to make fun of. Unlife really can be good sometimes!

The elevator doors opening interrupted Spike’s thoughts and he followed Angel out as he took in his surroundings. He stood at the apex of a T-shaped hallway and all he could see was doors.

“My room is the one at the end of this long hallway in front of us. I’m going to get a shower and put this blood in my fridge.” Pointing to the end of the hallway to their right he continued talking. “Gunn’s room is the third door on the left, there should be clothes in the dresser and the shower should be working fine. You can come and find me whenever you’re ready.”

Without another word the two vampires went their own way.

***

It was a little strange being in Gunn’s room. Except for the dust starting to cover everything, it seemed like Charlie-boy could have been there only minutes before.

Walking over to the dresser, Spike started looking for something to wear. At least he was getting clothes from the only member of Team Angel that didn’t look like a stupid Git every time he showed his face.

It was only a minute before he put his hands on something he wouldn’t be embarrassed to wear. It may not have been his first choice, but a pair of dark green cargo pants would do him fine and he was luck to find a black t-shirt that was a bit too big. His duster that he had been wearing was a bit messed up but it would do until he made it back to his apartment to retrieve a new one.

He seemed to destroy the dusters pretty easy these days, ever since he lost Nikki Wood’s in Italy. But luckily for him, he now had a supply of them. It was awfully nice of W&H to supply him with them. Or maybe it was just because that chit in the branch there thought he was hot. Shrugging his shoulders, he went to start the shower and stripped off his clothes.

As he stepped into the shower, he was glad to see that under all the blood and guts there weren’t that many open cuts on his body. There were bruises but it seemed his vampiric abilities were quickly healing them and some were already almost gone.

Spike quickly finished showering and got dressed. Running his fingers through his hair, he quickly realized he was going to need Angel’s help. When Spike immerged from Gunn’s suite freshly showered, he headed to Angel’s apartment and dreading what he was about to ask. Opening the door and walking in, he called out for Angel.

“Hey Peaches, I gotta ask a favor.”

Angel was walking out of the bathroom and tucking in his shirt when he heard Spike come in.

“What’s that? Did you just realize your roots needed a touch up? Sorry I’m all out of peroxide”

“Ha bloody ha! I need some gel and I know you have some…if not then your hair wouldn’t stand up like that.”

Looking at Spike with a hateful glare he tossed him the bottle of gel he had in his hand.

“Tha’s what I thought,” Spike smirked.

Just as he was running the gel through his hair he thought he heard something. Or better yet, someone.

“Um, did you hear that?”

He could tell from the look on Angel’s face that he had. They both turned and headed towards the door, making their way downstairs. They were almost to the lobby when Spike caught a scent that was all too familiar.

It was HER.

What his nose told him was confirmed only seconds later when he saw her with his own eyes. He was at the top of the stairs when he saw her, more gorgeous now than she had been the last time he had seen her.
Three by ETBat18
Author's Notes:
I would like to thank everyone for all of the wonderful reviews for the first 2 chapters of this fic! I cannot tell you how much they feed the muse and make me want to write more. I hope yu enjoy Chapter 3. Please read and review!

And again, thank you Carrie for all of your wonderful beta work!
Forever Together - Chapter 3

Buffy knew the second he was there. He gave off a vibe that she would recognize anywhere. Looking up, she saw him standing at the top of the stairs, and felt herself release a breath she didn’t know she was holding. He was there. He was really there. And now, she had no idea what to say. Everything was gone; anything she thought she might say was forgotten. From the look on his face, he seemed to be at a loss for words as well.

Spike was lost. She was a goddess and he was lost in her. As he started down the stairs he couldn’t take his eyes off of her. But how did she get here? They didn’t tell her about the battle and she hadn’t known that he was alive. So why was she here? As Spike descended the stairs, a thought hit him and in that moment, his heart fell. Angel. Maybe she didn’t even want to see him; maybe Angel was the reason she was here.

Angel was standing behind Spike, watching the interaction between Spike and Buffy, hating what he saw on both their faces. They were lost in each other. He had been able to hold on to some hope these past few months, but now knew in that moment, she was gone forever. He had hoped that the cookie dough speech had been for real, that he would be able to be with her some day. But now, he knew that speech was just her way of trying to convince herself that she wasn’t in love with Spike.

Following Spike down the stairs, Angel waited for one of them to say something. When no one spoke, he began to wonder if they were ever going to say anything. He definitely didn’t want to spend the rest of his unlife this way, so he spoke up.

“Hello Buffy.”

The sound of his voice seemed to startle her out of her daze and she turned to look at him distractedly. When she spoke, her voice sounded like she was far away, even to her own ears.

“Hi Angel.”

Shaking off her confusion, she seemed to realize something in that instant and fixed them both with a heated glare. Continuing to talk to Angel as she looked them both up and down, she spoke in an even, but reprimanding voice, her arms crossed in front of her.

“Why is it that you decided to incite an apocalypse and I never got a call?”

Angel was about to respond when she held up a hand.

“I‘m not quite finished, and I think there are some bigger issues here that give me the floor for a minute. Why is it that Spike is standing here, very much alive or…undead I guess is more like it…how is that possible? And why did I have to find out about it from my subconscious instead of getting a phone call?!” The last part was directed solely at Spike and the hurt in her eyes was clear for both vampires to see.

Spike wished that she didn’t look so wounded, but he thought he had been doing the right thing. He really thought she would be better off without him. But it seemed she didn’t think so if what he saw in her eyes was anything to go on.

“Look Luv, I can explain. See…when I got back, I was a ghost and then there was this deal with a prophecy and then…”

Spike trailed off as he took in the look of disbelief on Buffy’s face. He had enough sense to look and feel ashamed at his flimsy excuses. His heart fell even further when Angel stepped forward with his arms crossed in defense.

“It was for the best, Buffy.”

Angel was quickly sorry that he had said anything when her glare returned full force and was directed solely on him.

“I thought I made it clear, months ago, that I was deciding what was best for me these days! You just can’t help yourself when it comes to meddling in my life, can you?” she shouted.

Turning to Spike, she let go of her anger and was almost to the point of tears when she spoke.

“I was mourning you! I - we were mourning you and you’re alive? If you didn’t want to be around me, then you could have said that, but you should have called.”

Her voice was so low at the end that Spike could barely hear her if not for his vampiric hearing. He was taking a step closer to her when she balled up her fist and landed a strong right hook to his face.

“Ahhhh! Bloody Hell, Slayer!”

When he looked up with a snarky remark on the tip of his tounge, he saw the shock of what she had done written all over her face. Her eyes were as big as saucers and the same hand that had just punched him covered her wide-open mouth.

Buffy didn’t know why she hit him. She had sworn to herself that things would be different from now on, and she had gone right back to where they were before. Mumbling a soft ‘I’m sorry,’ Buffy turned to leave. She had thought things could be different, but she was the same, and she couldn’t bear to put him through that. An overwhelming sense of panic coursed through her, and she was almost to the door, when she felt a firm hand wrap around her arm.

***

Angel knew as soon as Buffy turned away, that it was time for him to make a quiet exit. He had seen the look in Spike’s eyes and they had things to work out between them. After tangling with the dragon, he definitely wasn’t in the position to fight a slayer that was pissed at him for meddling. Still limping, he turned and made his way to the elevator on the lower floor, heading up to his suite.

He needed more blood and some rest if he was going to heal enough to handle what was coming. He was sure that there was going to be something bigger around the corner, but he just didn’t know what.

He knew one thing for sure though…he wasn’t ready for whatever it was.

***

Spike couldn’t believe it. She was going to walk away! He was so shocked that she almost got to the door before his feet started moving. Hobbling as fast as his injured legs would take him, he grabbed her arm to stop her from leaving.

“Slayer, wait!”

Not turning around, Buffy spoke. “No Spike, I can’t. I can’t go back to where we were before. I can’t be that person…not again.”

“You’re not, luv! You’re not tha’ girl anymore, you haven’ been for a long time. You know it an’ I know it. Please don’ walk out on me now, not after all this time,” Spike pleaded.

Finally turning around, Buffy looked into his eyes, seeing the love there. ‘How can he love me so much?’ she wondered. No matter what she did, he never saw that he deserved better than she had ever given him. She didn’t speak for a long time, too lost in her thoughts. When she did, she shocked them both by pushing him hard and asking the one question that would stop her from moving forward.

“What do you mean ‘No, you don’t…but thanks for sayin it!?’” she said in sadness instead of the anger he expected.

Seeing the pleading look she was giving him, he could do nothing but wrap his arms around her and speak quietly into her ear.

“I had to get you to leave somehow didn’t I? Couldn‘t let you stay down there to die for a third time. Love you too bloody much for that.”

Pulling back and looking him in the eye, she asked Spike the most absurd question in the world.

“Do you still love me?”

“Are you daft?”

“Huh?”

“That’s a stupid question pet. I never stopped loving you!”

It was a few minutes before either one said another word. They just stood with their eyes locked on each other. Buffy was the first to break the silence.

“I‘m sorry I hit you.”

Reaching up to caress the side of his face, she took in the sight of his swollen eye and the large gash on his forehead. Speaking softly, she asked the one thing she had been worried about since before she left Rome.

“Are you ok? What other injuries do you have?”

Reaching down, she grabbed the bottom of his shirt and tried to gently pull it up in an attempt to look at his abdomen.

Spike stopped her wandering hand before she could see the bruises that marred his chest and stomach. She was already upset, there was no need for her to see what hadn’t had a chance to heal properly.

"Don't worry pet, 'm fine"

She knew there were things that he wasn’t telling her, but all thoughts of arguing with him went out the window when his mouth met hers.

Spike hadn't actually planned on kissing her, but who was he kidding? None of his plans seemed to work out anyway. Buffy always seemed to have a way of causing his plans to fall apart in little pieces.

Neither knew how long they stood that way, but Buffy soon had to pull away so she could breath. She didn’t really want to talk about all the things that had gone on, but she had to know what happened and how they ended up in a war with Wolfram & Hart.

"So, care to tell me what’s been going on the last few months?"

Spike knew he was going to have to tell her everything, so he motioned to one of the couches in the lobby of the hotel for them to sit down on.

After a moment’s hesitation, he told her the whole story. He told her about how he popped out of the amulet and into Angel's office. How Lindsey had somehow made him corporeal. Then he told her about the Shanshu prophecy and how it kept him from coming to Rome to look for her. He even told her about Dana cutting off his hands. The look she had on her face during that story was a mix between astonishment and cold fury.

When he told her about Angel signing away the Shanshu, she looked at him as if he had grown a second head. She just couldn't wrap her mind around Angel signing away his chance to be human.

He even told her about the cheerleader. When he told her that Cordelia had died, it hit Buffy hard and she had silent tears rolling down her cheeks.

He left out the tale about the Capo and how he and Angel had been running around Rome. He told her about how they ended up fighting the hordes of demons W&H had sent after them and how it ended with them here.

Taking a deep breath, Buffy tried to calm herself enough to talk. When she’d finally composed herself enough, her words still came out strained.

"Why didn't you call? I know this isn't my town, but I have tons of slayers that could have come to help! Or I could have been on the next flight here."

"We tried to get help from the Council when Illyria took over Fred. Giles wouldn’t help us, going on about how neither he nor the Council would help us while Angel was still running an evil law firm. And we didn‘t want to call you after what happened with Dana. When you didn‘t trust Angel to take care of her and sent a dozen slayers after her, we assumed that you would just tell us the same thing."

***

Upstairs, Angel was sleeping comfortably and his body was starting to heal itself when suddenly he was woken up by intense and searing pain shooting through his whole body. He could feel the wounds closing and healing, but that didn’t explain the pain. Rolling off the bed with an agonizing wail, he crawled out of the bedroom and pulling himself to a standing position as he stumbled out of his room to the elevator.

***

Buffy had no idea who had told them that she had sent the team for Dana, but she knew for a fact that she only heard about the girl after the whole thing went down. She wasn’t able to explain this to Spike though, because the elevator dinged and interrupted her.

As the doors opened, Angel fell out moaning in agony.







A/N: Sorry, I know its another cliffhanger! Please review!
Four by ETBat18
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the delay in posting but hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Thank you DRT for you wonderful Beta work and helping my with Cordy, She never would have sounded like herself without your help.

I hope everyone enjoys and reviews!
Chapter Four

It seemed to take them both a full minute before their brains registered what they were seeing. When it finally hit them, they both moved like lightning to Angel’s side.

Spike moved so fast that he gave nothing away about his injuries, it was as if he didn’t have any. The only thing that went through his mind was that something or someone had gotten to Angel. Seeing Angel curled into a ball on the floor made him worry that he and Buffy would be the next to be in danger.

Buffy however, found her thoughts going in the opposite direction. All Buffy could think about was that Angel’s injuries were far worse than he let on. And that meant that Spike’s were as well. She moved as fast as her slayer speed would let her, not being able to bear the burden if she lost both men.

For what seemed like hours, but was in reality only a few seconds, both Buffy and Spike stood over Angel, trying to get some sort of information out of him. Spike kept looking around like he expected an attack and Buffy was searching Angel for some sort of injury that could be causing all his pain. That’s when a lot of things started entering the realm of confusion.

***

Looking down from the heavens, there was a brunette watching the spectacle that was going on in the hotel. Tinkling laughter rose to the plane of the higher beings and they smiled with delight.

“Hello, salty goodness…boy are they going to be surprised!” was all she said as she faded from sight.

***

Buffy was searching Angel frantically for injuries, even though there wasn’t a mark on him. There wasn’t even a scratch. Seeing him in pain told her that there was definitely something wrong, she just needed to find it! She was so confused she didn’t take in Spike’s tense movements as he stood up and looked around, trying to see if there were any intruders. Sensing none, he turned back to Angel and Buffy, stopping suddenly.

“Buffy, luv, stop.”

Looking up at him as if he had lost his mind, she ignored him, and kept looking until Spike reached down and stilled her hands. It wasn’t until then that she noticed Angel wasn’t making a sound.

“Oh god! Is he? No! He would be dust right?!?” Buffy hysterics grew louder, almost drowning out something Spike was saying to her.

“What did you just say?”

“Pet, I said I could hear his heart beating. He’s not dead…he’s human.”

Buffy was stunned into silence. Then she frowned with confusion as she recalled their earlier conversation.

“Didn‘t you say he signed away the Sam’s shoe thingy?”

“Shanshu, and yeah he signed it away in blood to be a member of the Circle of the Black Thorn. He should still be as much a vampire as I am,” Spike said trailing off because he didn’t know what else to say.

Neither blond could say much of anything, as they had no idea what to do with Angel. This sort of thing wasn’t supposed to happen!

“Pick up the phone and call 911. That boy is gonna need some serious oxygen after I’m done with him. Mr. Carebear with Fangs is on vacation…permanently.”

Both blonds turned to see the one face neither thought they would see again.

“Cordy?!? But he said…that you were…and I thought…I‘m so confused,” Buffy said in bewilderment as she stopped and covered her face with her hands. Things were just getting weirder and weirder by the second.

“Um, Cordelia, think you might explain wha’s goin’ on ‘ere? ‘Cause the Slayer here? She isn’t lookin’ so well, and this whole thing is bloody confusin’. He isn‘t s’posed to be human.”

Cordelia looked at them with a small grin on her face before answering.

“Well, I exhibit no surprise there. You didn’t think he could actually sign away his destiny did you? That can’t happen, there is a plan for everyone. And this, Mr. Light of my Afterlife, is yours. Of course, it comes with the obligatory fine print…no refunds after 60 days, mileage may vary, choices to be made,” Cordy explained.

“And what choices are those?” Angel asked weakly from behind the group.

“Good, you’re awake! How are you feeling? Still tall, dark, and broody?” Cordy asked cheerfully as she went over to help him up off the floor.

“I’m feeling alive and I’m wondering how I got this way,” Angel stated as he took her hand and got up. “Care to explain that and how you’re here?” he asked with questioning eyes.

Cordy knew she had some explaining to do, but it would all come in due time.

“Well I’m glad to see you too! I think you and I should discuss this alone…you know, too many hearing unimpaired people here. Should know a couple things first…so this is us leaving you two alone.”

Angel wanted to argue, but if he knew Cordy, she probably had a good reason for everything. Nodding, he looked over at Buffy and Spike. They wanted to know what was going on, seeing the questions they wanted answers to, written all over their faces. Angel needed to know what Cordy had to say first though, and he also knew she wasn’t going to do it his way.

“Alright, fine. We can go upstairs and talk about what’s going on. I need some sleep too,” Angel muttered. He then turned and addressed the two concerned blondes. “You both look like you could use some rest. Why don’t we all get some shut-eye and we can work this out in the morning?”

Without waiting for an answer, Angel turned and started towards the elevator, Cordelia only a few steps behind him.

As the brunette couple entered the elevator, Buffy and Spike just stood there, mouths hanging open. It was a few minutes before either of them found their voice.

“What the bleedin’ hell was that about?”

“I have no clue,” Buffy said, dumbfounded.

Walking back over to the couch they had been sitting on, she let herself fall onto it, feeling very tired. Angel was right. There were definitely things going on here that needed answers, but they all needed some rest. She had been up for going on 30 hours and everything was starting to seem jumbled. Leaning her head on the back of the couch, she let her eyes close.

Slightly dozing, she forgot all about Spike for a few minutes…that was until she felt herself being lifted. Snapping her eyes open, she found herself looking into a sea of blue.

“What are you doing? You’re hurt! Put me down!”

Spike just ignored her. Sure he was hurt, but she wasn’t heavy and he was healing nicely. Now it was time to get her to a bed so she could get some sleep, and he needed rest, too. They were already in the elevator before Spike said a word.

“Got a room, luv. You and I can both get some kip, yeah?”

Buffy didn’t say a word, and she started thinking about all the things that had happened in the last two days. She was so lost in her own thoughts, that she didn’t realize they were in the room he spoke of, until he was setting her back on her feet.

It was just a plain hotel suite. Sure it looked like it came out of a catalog printed 60 years earlier, but hotels were virtually all the same. Taking off her leather jacket, she laid it on the down on the edge of the bed as she started to take off her boots. After she’d shucked one off, she noticed that Spike was moving towards the door.

“Where are you going?”

“Jus’ thought I would get some kip in the other room.”

“Stay?”

Spike raised a scarred eyebrow in response but turned and walked back to her, nonetheless.

“You sure about tha’, Slayer?”

“Yeah I’m sure, and since when have you gone back to calling me Slayer?”

All Spike could do was shrug. Honestly, he didn’t know where they stood and he wasn’t one for getting his hopes up.

“Stay with me? I’ve missed you so much, I don’t think I could sleep now if you weren’t here.”

***

Back in Angel’s apartment, things were getting very interesting.

“Can you repeat that?” Angel asked, very confused.

“You have to choose. You know, like Dolce and Gabbana or Versace.”

“I have to choose?”

“You know, I don’t remember you being this hard headed. You used to be a lot quicker. Did old age finally catch up with you?”

“No, you just used to make more sense.”

Angel was torn. How could he make a choice like this? It was just crazy! There was no way he could do it. For now, he would choose denial. That worked out well since there were other things that were bothering him.

“Cordy, why are you here? How are you here?”

“Wow, what a way to make a girl feel all special inside. No ‘Hey honey! Glad you’re home!’ Well for those in the remedial class, I’m part of the Shanshu.”

“And here I thought this couldn’t get more confusing. Okay, how are you part of the Shanshu? There was a reward, but I‘m human now, so I already got a reward. The Powers just decided to sweeten the deal?”

“Bingo! I think there is more to it than they were letting me in on, but hey…human again! And shopping! Plus, I could be with you, so I didn’t ask any more questions. In retrospect, that might have been a bad idea though…really gotta read the fine print.”

Looking off into space, Cordelia pondered her choice to not ask more questions. That could have been a big mistake. Her wandering thoughts were soon interrupted, however.

“I love you.”

Cordy gave him a sweet smile before responding.

“And that’s why I’m here. Those wonderful, headache-giving entities knew I loved you. They even eavesdropped on that talk we had a few months back, while you were at W&H. Remember, we thought we’d missed our moment? We were wrong. They’re being generous, who knows why, and giving it back to us…a chance at happily ever after. We can be groiny now without worries of you losing your pesky soul.”

“But I still have to choose.”

It was a statement. Angel already knew before it came out of his mouth. He had to choose between fighting to help the helpless and living a normal life with no memory of the past 284 years. He could choose a normal life, but he had to forget the 26 years he spent as a human and the 258 years as a vampire.

“How can I possibly make a choice like that?” he asked as he turned pleading eyes to Cordelia.

“You don’t have to make it right now, not like there’s a demon with a curse aimed at your currently beating heart. There is time to think it over, not including the time during our power naps. You got about a week to make your decision.”

Deciding it was time to get away from all the talk of big, life-altering decisions, Cordelia made a move.

“How about we discuss this more in the morning? Like over breakfast…when you bring me those little silver dollar pancakes,” she suggested.

At his nod, she started moving towards him. She only had to take three steps when she was wrapped in his arms, kissing him long and hard enough to make up for all the missing moments. Decisions could be made later. For now, they both just needed to feel. They needed the comfort of being together, to touch…to love.

***

Spike knew what he wanted. He wanted to stay with her; to hold on to her and never let go. But he had to know where they stood. He didn’t want to have his heart shattered into a million pieces again.

“Buffy, luv…what does this mean?”

“Does it have to mean something?”

She really wasn’t sure she had the energy to get into all the things in their past right now. Thoughts of their past made her cringe, and at the same time, made her laugh internally. It was almost the same conversation they’d had after she found the Scythe, but she was pretty sure that this time his response was not going to be the same.

“Yeah pet, it does. The las’ time we ‘ad a conversation similar to this it ended with me having the bes’ nigh’ of my life and then, before we could work it out properly, I was a ball of fire a’ the bottom of the bleedin’ Hellmouth! I can’ do it again. I have to know where we stand.”

She knew this was the way it had to be. She had been so horrible to him for too long, and just when they were getting back on track, he had died. She knew exactly what he wanted to hear, so she moved towards him and placed one small hand on the side of his face.

“I love you. And I know there are things that we have to work out, but I want you, and I plan on spending the rest of my life with you. Think you can deal with forever together?”

He was looking at her with the headiest mix of awe, wonder, and fear. So what did she do? In true Buffy style, she started to babble. She was running on about how she could change, and that they could be happy. She was about to start saying that she would do whatever it took, when he put a single finger to her lips.

“Say it again.”

“I love you, Spike.”

“Again!”

“I love you,” she said with a giggle.

The giggle was quickly cut off though, and replaced by a moan when his lips found hers. He was frantic to taste her, being that he wasn’t all that tired now. He was going to spend the rest of the night, and well into the morning, showing her just how much he wanted that forever.
Five by ETBat18
Author's Notes:
WARNING!!! This chapter depicts graphic sex. If this is not your thing please wait for the next chapter. Most of the main plot points will not be missed or will be covered again.

I would like to say thank you to all of the people who have been reading this fic and reviewing. Some of you have been waiting for this chapter and I hope I don't dissapoint. (Warning: Smut is ahead!)

That being said I would like to thank my Beta, Darkrivertempest. Without you I probably would not have had the guts to post this chapter at all. Thank you for you great work and reassurances!
He was going to spend the rest of the night, and into the morning, showing her just how much he wanted that forever.

The intensity of his kisses was not all that surprising to Buffy. He had to be the most passionate man to ever exist. He was ravaging her mouth; his hands were everywhere at once. He knew she was going to have to breathe soon, so he reluctantly pulled away, gasping for unneeded breaths.

Spike was sure that this had to be a dream. He screwed his eyes shut, afraid to open them, because he just knew that he was going to wake up any second and it would all be a lie that his mind had made him believe. But oh, what a sweet lie it was!

Neither of them spoke, the only noise in the room was the sound of their heavy breathing. Spike still hadn’t opened his eyes. Gathering the courage to finally see the truth, he slowly opened them, staring into the greenest eyes, full of love.

“I love you, Buffy.”

“I love you, too.”

“I want t’ make love to you.” He punctuated his statement with a soft kiss to her swollen lips.

“Mmmm, then what are you waiting for?”

There were no more words needed. Caressing Buffy’s bare shoulders and back, Spike untied the straps of her halter and continued his caress down to her pebbled nipples.

Bending he took one of the pink buds into his mouth and was rewarded with a breathy moan. Repeating the action on the second bud he was not disappointed.

“Too many…uhhhh…clothes,” Buffy breathed.

She was enjoying the wonderful things his mouth could do, but she wanted to be able to touch him and feel nothing but bare skin.

Separating for only a few seconds, both blondes calmed their movements somewhat and shed their clothes. Making her way back to the bed and laying down with her upper half propped up by her elbows, Buffy motioned for him to join her.

Spike couldn’t move for a full minute as he was caught up by the picture she presented. She was his golden Goddess, pure perfection. He met her eyes with his and they stayed locked on each other for what seemed like an eternity. It was the shift of her eyes and her tongue wetting her lips that finally took him out of his daze. He followed the line of her sight and saw she was gazing hungrily at his weeping member.

Spike started moving towards her, his cock bobbing up and down slightly. Buffy couldn’t help but lick her lips again as she watched him swagger towards the bed, pure sex on legs…and she couldn’t wait to have him touching her again.

When Spike reached the end of the bed, he kneeled down and crawled up her body like a panther. He wore a look mixed of lust and love that made Buffy shiver. As he got closer, she spread her legs so that he could kneel between them.

"I missed you so bloody much Slayer…dreamt of this so many times, it’s almost like another dream," he said in a whisper so as not to break the quiet.

There was something calm that had grabbed them now, and he wanted to keep it and just enjoy her, enjoy the peace he knew he could find in her arms.

He wasn’t even touching her and she could feel an all too familiar heat building in the pit of her stomach, his close vicinity making her tingle all over.

Releasing his weight, Spike let himself be cradled in between Buffy's legs. He ground his erection against her clit causing her to moan as he took a nipple back into his mouth. The little nubs were just begging to be sucked and nipped at as he lavished the same attention to both. He could feel her juices starting to coat his swollen shaft and he released her nipple, whispering in her ear.

"You feel that kitten? Feel what you do to me? All for you…always for you."

The small puff of air that she could feel on her neck as he whispered in her ear made her moan. And the heat that was building in her belly was getting near a breaking point as Buffy was over sensitized to point of no return.

Reaching down between them, he snaked a hand along her flat stomach and then ran a finger along her sensitive folds. He whispered in her ear as he continued to stroke her.

“Wan’ to taste you. Wan’ to bury my face in that beautiful cunny of yours.”

Showing just how much he wanted it, he brought his fingers that were slick with her juices to his mouth and sucked them clean.

Buffy was too far gone to speak; all she could do was nod at him. She would let him do anything he wanted, and she needed this...wanted this. Deep down, she thought it might all just be too good to be true.

Placing a soft yet passionate kiss to her lips, he made his way back down her body. Burying his nose in her dark curls, Spike breathed in the sweet ambrosia before placing a long lick across her folds. He was in heaven, which was the only explanation. Spike couldn't stop as he gorged himself on Buffy as she made some of the most delicious noises. Sliding a finger into her slick channel, he sucked on her distended clit, and felt himself fill with pride as mewls of pleasure sprung from her lips.

He was driving her crazy! Every part of her body, down to the smallest tingle in her toes, was letting her know exactly how much she wanted him right now…wanted him forever.

Buffy had entwined her fingers in his hair and began tugging on his bleached blonde locks, loving the feel of them. She spread her long, bronzed legs further and further apart as she offered him more of herself. She wanted him to devour Every. Single. Part. Of. Her.

Spike knew she was close, and he was going to make her cum so hard she would be seeing stars. Vamping out and letting his fangs descend, he let them nick her clit, as he sucked the blood into his mouth with one hard pull. She flew over with a shout.

SPIKE!!!Oh god…that was…oh!” She couldn’t speak; there weren’t any words to describe it. She knew right away, though, that it wasn’t over. He was still gently rubbing her clit and keeping her orgasm rolling.

Climbing up her body, he let himself be cradled between her thighs once again, the head of his shaft barely nudging her folds. She was so wet it would barely take any movement at all to slip inside. Gently rocking back and forth, hitting her clit every time, he looked into her lust filled eyes and asked her the all-important question.

"Are you ready pet?”

“Oh god yes, Spike please! I need…I want…”

She wasn’t sure how to put her heart’s desire into words, but one thing she was sure of…if he wasn’t inside her soon, she didn’t know what she would do.

Grasping both of Buffy's hands and twining their fingers together, Spike put them over her head and pressed his lips to hers.

"I love you."

With his words, Spike pushed forward, burying himself to the hilt. She was so bloody tight and still pulsating from the orgasm that he almost lost complete control. He was determined that he wasn’t going to blow it…literally! Stilling for a moment to regain his control, he placed a searing kiss on her lips.

Buffy moaned as he entered her, not even having a chance to tell him how much she loved him too. She had forgotten how the experience of pure bliss felt in his arms, how perfectly they fit together. He was bigger than any other lover she’d ever had and she stretched to fit him like a glove.

Pulling away from the kiss, he looked deep into her eyes and took one practice stroke. Feeling he had regained his control on his senses, he started with slow torturous stokes.

Every time he started to push back in, she would lift her hips, feeling the tip of his cock hitting her cervix with the most delightful pain. It made her moan with pleasure, but she wanted more. She knew what she wanted from Spike, but she didn’t know how he would react. Biting her lip nervously, she braced herself for the potential freak out that might happen.

“Spike, will you make me yours?”

She said it so quietly she didn’t know if he had heard her at first, but then he froze.

Now Spike knew he was imagining things. There was no way she said what he thought she said.

“Um, Pet, can you repeat that?”

She was getting really nervous as he looked at her like she was crazy. Buffy was wondering if she shouldn’t have even mentioned it at all, looking away from his intense gaze, trying to decide what she should do.

Spike saw her biting her lip and knew she thought he was mad or something. But in reality, he was in awe of her request. Did she really mean it? Did she really want to be linked to him for eternity? Placing a hand on her face, he made her look at him.

“Buffy…did you jus’ mean wha’ I think you meant?”

Tapping down her fear, she looked at him and saw wonder in his eyes. He wasn’t mad…in fact he looked kind of shocked.

“Claim me, Spike. I’m yours already…so make it permanent.”

“Do you know wha’ tha’ means pet? Do you realize that i’s forever? A claim can’t be broken.”

“I know what I’m asking. I love you, and I want you…forever!”

Her quiet, but absolute, response touched him more than she could ever know. Slowly, he started to move within her again. His passion for her in that moment could not be contained as his beautiful girl just kept surprising him. Picking up speed in his thrusts, he started slamming into her, her mewls and moans just fueling his desire.

“Oh god, Buffy! Luv…ohhh…love you…uhhh…so bloody much…you’re everythin' to me!”

He was babbling and he knew it, but there was no way he could form full thoughts. He could feel her walls fluttering around him and he knew exactly what would push her over the edge. Slowing slightly, he bent down and licked the pulse point on her neck.

As soon as he started to lick her neck, she knew he was going to do it, he just needed a bit of reassurance from her. She wanted to be his and she wanted him to be hers.

“Do it! Please Spike! I need…”

One last confirmation that she truly wanted this and it was all that he needed. A few more fast strokes, and he let his demon come forth, biting down. He let her sweet blood fill his mouth, savoring the rich taste that was uniquely Buffy. After taking a few gulps, he pulled away and licked the wounds closed before making a proclamation.

“MINE!”

Buffy didn’t hesitate.

“Yours, always yours!”

Spike pulled back some and looked at her in awe. She looked so happy, pure bliss etched on her face. The look of bliss, however, was quickly replaced with a sly grin as Spike paused with uncertainty. Using his confusion against him, Spike was completely unprepared for what Buffy did next.

Buffy saw her chance and took it. She quickly flipped them over and managed to do so without Spike’s hard cock slipping out of her dripping entrance. He had made her cum so hard that she was now going to return the favor. She lifted almost all the way off of him, only to sink very slowly back down on to his rigid shaft.

Buffy was setting a torturously slow pace and he was about to go out of his mind with want. He responded in kind by slamming his hips against hers. She seemed to get the point.

Buffy knew what he wanted. They both liked it hard and rough, and she could give him that ten fold. She started lifting her hips and slamming back down with such force and speed that a human man wouldn’t have been able to take it.

Seeing his inability to control his demon, she knew he was close. Leaning over, she took the last of what she wanted. Licking his neck, she bit down hard and drew blood, finding it remarkably easy.

As soon as she bit him, he exploded inside her, filling her with his seed. And then, she said what he had hoped to hear.

“Mine!”

“Yours, forever yours!”

They were now fully linked. Their love for one another could be felt as a palpable thing between them, overwhelming in its fullness.

It was all too much and he kissed her passionately. As their tongues dueled, he noticed something strange. She had nicked his lips and drew blood when he kissed her! Pulling back, he looked at her in confusion. She had fangs! Short fangs, about half the length of a vampire’s. And…

Were her eyes violet?
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=29512