Time Spinners by SinisterChic
Summary: Complete! Things get wacky when the Spike from the past switches places with the future Spike
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 19 Completed: Yes Word count: 1646 Read: 37352 Published: 05/09/2003 Updated: 05/09/2003

1. Time Spinners by SinisterChic

2. ch 2 by SinisterChic

3. ch 3 by SinisterChic

4. ch 4 by SinisterChic

5. ch 5 by SinisterChic

6. ch 6 by SinisterChic

7. ch 7 by SinisterChic

8. ch 8 by SinisterChic

9. ch 9 by SinisterChic

10. ch 10 by SinisterChic

11. ch 11 by SinisterChic

12. ch 12 by SinisterChic

13. ch 13 by SinisterChic

14. ch 14 by SinisterChic

15. ch 15 by SinisterChic

16. ch 16 by SinisterChic

17. ch 17 by SinisterChic

18. ch 18 by SinisterChic

19. ch 19 by SinisterChic

Time Spinners by SinisterChic

 
The Time Spinners

By Heather Martin

Summary- Things get a little twisted when the chip-Spike switches places with the chip-less. Can our do-gooder Spike keep Buffy and the gang from killing him? And can Buffy keep the old Spike from dancing herself back to heaven?

Rating- NC17

Disclaimer- None of the characters belong to me. They’re Joss Whedon’s property.

Spoilers- A TON for Becoming part II! Will have some from the second season to the present sixth.

This happens after Older and Far Away. It also occurs during and after Becoming part II.

Chapter 1- Surrender

Synopsis/
Buffy’s been thinking about what Tara asked her. ‘Does she love him?’ She’s finally figured it out, and intends to tell Spike. But when she does, something unexpected happens. /

February 15, 2002

Spike swallowed another mouthful of liquor. It burned on the way down. He eyed the blank television screen blindly. Nothing good had been on the cable channels. Just as well, he wouldn’t have really watched it anyway. Lately, his mind was distracted, shifting back to that one thing that haunted all he did. Buffy.

It hadn’t been this bad for awhile. Not since before her death. After her jump, he’d struggled to stay clear of anything leading to her. And when she came back, the thoughts were pleasant, giving time to focus on other things. After they made. . . no, slept together, he was satisfied, knowing there was ‘something’ between them. Now he was confused about their relationship, and no matter how long he pondered he couldn’t figure it out.

At the party she had been actually pretty decent. And to his amazement, even smiled at him a couple times. They had parted on good terms, and he was sure that he’d see her the next night. But she never showed. It had been three days since then. He was going mad with desire.

He wanted her so bad. He longed for her burning flesh. She had a fire inside that melted his ice. They were opposites, attracted by a suffocating bond. A yin-yang: her the white, him the black.

Groaning, he finished off the alcohol. He dropped the empty bottle. The glass clanged as it met the floor. He abruptly stood up. He was about to release his built-up emotions the only way he could. Yet there was no need, for Buffy took that moment to burst in. His fingers froze, just before they unbuttoned his jeans.

The slayer strutted over in all her glory. She stopped two feet away. Her hazel eyes, shining green in the light, stared straight at him. They were unreadable.

Spike gazed right back. “Lose the battle, luv?”

That did it. Buffy moved, her hand drawing up. Her fist began to make its way to his face. He didn’t blink, but waited for the blow to come. Then she stopped before it could meet the target. Her body relaxed, and her fingers unclenched. Her hand came up and touched below his eye. The wound still stung a little, but he didn’t flinch. The contact was so gentle and tender, very hard to comprehend the fact that it came from Buffy.

She removed her fingers. “I don’t want to hurt you anymore, Spike,” she whispered.

Oh but she was. His head was spinning, and he had to fight from grabbing her right then and there. She hurt him, she always hurt him. It all depended if it was in a good way, or bad way.

Buffy stepped closer. Her face was only an inch from his. Her heated breath exhaled on his skin. He became aware of her accelerated heart rate.

“I want to try this the right way,” she declared.

Their lips crushed together. He dived his tongue into her mouth. There was nothing on the whole damn planet as sweet as his Buffy. Each time he tasted her it was a miracle. Like touching a piece of heaven.

His hand slipped underneath her sky-blue top. She shook her head. “No, not here. The bed,” she protested.

“Right. Hurry quick then,” he commented.

In a flash, they were both on the bed. Clothes scattered the floor in a haphazard manner. Sheets tangled around them as their nerves became alive.

A moan escaped Buffy when the vampire bit down on her nipple. With his other hand, he rubbed her second breast.

Buffy’s nails traveled over his hard back. But she didn’t dig them into his skin as usual. They grazed so lightly across the surface.

Spike didn’t understand. Buffy was acting different. There was no violence like the times before.

His attention lowered. He parted her thighs, exposing her wet juices. He sucked in the ambrosia.

His head came up, and kissed her. Their forms locked, and he plunged into her. They found a rhythm, keeping it going.

He met her gaze. Something showed within her eyes that had never been there until then. As if she only saw him. Could it be? Had she finally accepted what she felt for him?

May 19, 1998

Buffy walked through the park with her head down. She came to the road and watched a car drive by. She stepped into the street. Another vehicle sped up. She turned to discover that it was the police. The officer noticed her and turned on the light bar. The siren gave a loud sound. He pulled over to the side and stopped. Then he got out.

The teen ignored him and kept walking. She moved in front of the car. The officer drew his gun, while slamming the door. “Hold it right there!”

Buffy spun to face him.

“Put your hands on your head! Do it!” he ordered.

Fear came over her. She stared at the gun for a moment. Her hands rose.

Suddenly the gun is knocked away. Somebody kicked the officer’s face, then his shin. The man is thrown onto the hood of the blue automobile. He is apparently unconscious.

The attacker turned to face a startled Buffy.

The vampire smirked. “Hello, cutie.”

Buffy punched him twice in the face. He grabbed her shoulders, restraining her. She brought her knee up to his gut.

“Now, you hold on a second!”

He shoved her away. She reached into her coat and pulled out a stake. Spike jumped back and held up his hands in surrender.

“Hey, white flag here. I quit.”

“Let me clear this up for you. We’re mortal enemies. We don’t get time-outs,” Buffy stated.

Spike studied her. There was so much anguish in her eyes.. They were filled with blackness, directed at him.

February 15, 2002
Spike had no idea what changed. The next thing he knew, he was pumping into something warm. He couldn’t think, all he could do was move. An explosion ran through him. He trembled with ecstasy.

A female’s voice cried out. “Spike! Oh God!”

He looked down at her. Those eyes. Orbs of glittering green, full of life. The same ones that had been so dark only moments before. The pair never left him.

She kneaded his platinum hair. “I . . . I love you.”

It hit him. His brain registered what was going on. He was having sex with Buffy. The slayer. His enemy.

He pushed himself off her. “Bloody hell!” he exclaimed.

Worry crept over her features. She sat up. The blanket slipped down from her chest. She seemed not a bit ashamed of her perfect breasts.

“I . . . thought you would be . . . happy,” she stuttered.

Spike found his black jeans and put them on. “Why would I be happy?”

Her vision got watery. “I thought this was what you wanted.”

His head cocked over to face her. “I don’t know what’s going on here. I have no clue how I got in this bed with you. Just because I came to you for help doesn’t mean I wanted to shag you. I’ve got Dru for that.”

“Drusilla?” she choked.

“Yeh, who else? All I’ve ever wanted from you is a right out brawl where I was the victor.”

She was crying freely now. “This can’t be happening. You don’t have a soul to lose. So why. . .?” She shook her head. “Please tell me this isn’t you. You’re not like this. You’ve changed.”

Spike charged at her. He straddled her, pinning her down. His face shifted to the demon. Wrinkles adorned him and his eyes were golden.

“This is who I am, slayer. This is all I’ll ever be.”

He lowered his fangs to her neck. He could feel the essence going through her veins. Soon it would be in his throat.

“Do it. Just do it,” Buffy begged.

Spike halted. His human guise came back on. His gaze turned to set on Buffy. Tears streaked her cheeks, and her eyes were shut. She was broken. She was surrendering to him like the other slayers had, giving in to their death wish.

This wasn’t right. He’d didn’t know much about right and wrong, lacking a conscience afterall, but he knew this wasn’t right.

Spike sprung to his feet. He grabbed his shirt, then fled, out into the night.

_______________________________________________

I am going to explain why the Spikes switch later on.
Just wanted to tell you that it will be clarified.

Next part will involve the chip-Spike having to deal
with the 1998 Buffy.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
ch 2 by SinisterChic
 
The Time Spinners

By Heather Martin

Summary- Things get a little twisted when the chip-Spike switches places with the chip-less. Can our do-gooder Spike keep Buffy and the gang from killing him? And can Buffy keep the old Spike from dancing herself back to heaven?

Rating- NC17

Disclaimer- None of the characters belong to me. They’re Joss Whedon’s property.

Spoilers- A TON for Becoming part II! Will have some from the second season to the present sixth.

This happens after Older and Far Away. It also occurs during and after Becoming part II.

Chapter 2- Deja Vu

AN- I have no clue when Passions started airing. If it wasn’t being broadcasted during 1998, sorry for the flaw. Just pretend it did.

Synopsis/ Spike deals with the 1998 Buffy. Can they stop Acathla from opening this time around? /

May 19, 1998

The first thing he became aware of was the cold. The furnace of Buffy’s body was gone. The next was that he was standing up. What the. . . ?

Spike’s head whipped upward. He met a very pissed off slayer. She had a stake raised, prepared to strike.

“Give me a reason not to let my wooden friend here do his job,” Buffy demanded.

Opening his mouth, Spike struggled with something to say.

Buffy sighed in annoyance. “I had the impression you wanted to tell me something.”

Spike glanced around. “How’d we get out here?”

She lowered her stake. “I walked. You, I don’t know. Maybe you flew,” she said with sarcasm.

“But we were inside, all cozy and wotnot, and now we’re not,” he muttered.

“Did you just get dumber in the last minute?”

He ran a hand over his slicked-back hair. “I must have blacked out or something.” He stared at Buffy. “How long since we were in bed?”

Snorting, she replied, “Geez, about sixteen hours for me. You, couldn’t say. All those vampire schedules and all.”

“This is ridiculous!” Spike shouted in exasperation.

“Look, I don’t know what your deal is, but if you have nothing important to say, I’m leaving.”

“Something weird is going on.”

Buffy tucked her stake in the pocket of her jacket. “I’ll leave you to figure it out.” She began to go.

There was a moan. Spike looked around for the cause. He discovered the police car behind him. The cop was waking up. Memories were triggered. Spike turned back to Buffy. He examined her clothing and hair, which confirmed his hypothesis.
“This all happened before,” he mumbled. He went over to Buffy and grabbed her shoulder. “Is it 1998?”

The slayer threw his hand off her. She punched him in the jaw. He staggered back with surprise. “I don’t have time for this,” she informed.

Spike straightened himself. He felt the place she hit him, checking for blood. There was none.

Thinking quickly, he said, “I know where your watcher is.”

That got her attention. Her fingers came up and locked around his neck. She squeezed tightly. “You’re going to tell me everything you know!”

He smiled. She let go, keeping her eyes on him. “Sure, luv,” he told her. “Be happy to. Can we go inside? This may take awhile.”

Relaxing a bit, she nodded. “Yeah, we can go to my house.”

They began to walk away. Spike stopped. “Wait a sec.”

“What?” Buffy asked. She watched as he went back to the police car.

He came back with a pack of cigarettes. He took one and lit it, taking a drag. With a grin, he says, “Forgot something.”

She rolled her eyes and continued her path home.

The two made it to Revello Drive in no time. As they entered the driveway, a jeep pulled up. Joyce saw them through the window. She quickly got out of the car.

“Where have you been? Are you okay? The police were here! I’ve been looking for you!” Buffy’s mom shouted.

“Mom, let’s, let’s go inside and I can explain,” Buffy said.

Joyce was hysterical. She notices Spike. “Who is this man?”

Spike gaped at Joyce in amazement. It hadn’t occurred to him that she would be there, alive and well.

“Who are you?” Joyce asked Spike. Before he could answer, she talked to Buffy. “Are you okay?”

“Mom! I’m okay,” Buffy said, trying to calm her mom.

“Buffy, terrible things have happened. What are you doing?”

A laugh came from Spike. The females shot him looks. Buffy’s turned into a glare.

He tried to become serious again. “Sorry, ducks, I just . . . This is rather funny.”

“I don’t find the humor,” Buffy icily commented.

Spike lifted his head to the sky. It was blackened, with no stars. “Okay, this was fun, I want to go home now!”

Buffy actually looked worried. “Spike, you need help. No wonder you’re attracted to Drusilla.”

He shifted back to her. His expression was pained. “I don’t want to be stuck here. I was beginning to enjoy my life.” He gestured to Mrs. Summers. “Sure, Joyce was gone, but I had you and the bit. I even thought you were starting to like me. And Willow and Tara weren’t bad. Anya’s a pain in the ass, but she could say things that needed to be said. Xander still hated my guts. That’s all right, though, the feeling is mutual. He can play a mighty good game of pool, however.”

The slap came out of nowhere. His rambling abruptly ended.

“What was that for?” he demanded.

She put her hands on her hips. “To shut you up! You aren’t making any sense.”

Suddenly he stiffened. His eyes widened. “Give me your stake.”

“Not when you’re like this.”

“Just give it to me!” he ordered.

Buffy didn’t comply. He growled in frustration. A vampire rushed out of the shadows. The demon headed toward Joyce. She screamed in fright, stepping backwards.

Spike fought the vamp. The creature was sent hurdling at Buffy. The slayer took her weapon and drove it into his heart. There was a burst of ashes.

Buffy brushed herself off.

“I told you to give me your stake,” Spike said.

“Why didn’t you just warn me a vampire was coming?” She lifted an eyebrow.

He smirked. “Coulda done that, I suppose.”

A few feet away, Joyce was freaking out. “Buffy . . . What . . . is going on?”

Buffy glanced at her mother then at Spike. She inched toward her mother. Facing Joyce straight in the eyes, she said, “Mom, I’m a vampire slayer.”

Joyce blinked. She shook her head in disbelief.

*+ *+* +*

The Summers women sat on the couch, while Spike lounged in the chair. Joyce stayed quiet as the other occupants talked.

Buffy leaned forward. “Explain to me, rationally, what is going on.”

“I’m reliving the bleeding past,” Spike told her.

She seemed skeptical.
“I know what is going to happen. In a few moments Willow’s gonna call. Maybe then you’ll believe me.”

“Willow’s okay?” Buffy let out a long sigh of relief.

“Good enough to try the curse for soul-boy.”

Buffy perked up. “Angel? She’s going to restore his soul?”

It hurt to see her so worked-up over his grand-sire. He dug his nails into the arms of the chair. If it were up to him he’d let her kill him outright, but he knew how much Angel meant to her. He never could bare seeing her in any pain.

“Yes, but I suggest you tell her to hurry. Didn’t quite work out well last time.”

“What happened last time?”

The phone rang, interrupting them. Buffy looked at Spike before answering it.

Spike and Joyce were left in awkward silence. The older woman turned to study him.

“Have we met?” she inquired.

“Yeh, at the school. Hit me with an ax. Member?”

Reorganization came over her. “Oh, yes, you were in the gang.”

He chuckled. “Say, Joyce, when all this is over, could I come back for some of you cocoa? With those wonderful marshmallows?”

“I . . . I, think that would be fine.”

Spike stood up. “Right then. Maybe we could even watch Passions.”

Her face lit up. “You like Passions?”

He smiled. “Adore it.”

Buffy came in. “They’re setting up for the spell now.”

“Believe me now, pet?” Spike asked.

“I don’t know. Saying you time traveled is kind of too sci-fi for me.”

“Like vampires aren’t? I knew that Red was going to call!”

“Yeah, but . . . I can’t deal with this now. I have to save the world.”

A nod came from Spike. “All we gotta do is stop Angelus from opening up Acathla. Shouldn’t be too hard. This time I’ll stay to back you up.”

Buffy grabbed her coat. “I have to go get the sword.” She stepped toward the door.

He followed her.

Buffy spun around. “You’re not coming with me.”

Determination was written on his face. “Why not?”

“You have to go back and look after Giles. If he dies, I’ll dust Dru right in front of you,” she threatened.

For some reason that didn’t scare him much. When he thought of his ex, there was only a cold hollowness.

“Bloody hell! I’m not going back to wheel around my sire and ex!” he yelled.

“Help me here, or I won’t look into sending you back to your time.”

He made an exasperated sound. “You always have to be difficult, slayer. I’ll do it,” he said, giving in.

“Good, I’ll see you soon. Be ready for the grand-finale.” She opened the door.

Joyce got to her feet. “You aren’t leaving until I get some answers, young lady!”

Ignoring her mother, Buffy left.

Spike fished for a cigarette. “Well, gotta jet. We’ll hook up for that cocoa then.”

Spike began to leave. Before walking outside, he said to Joyce, ”Don’t you worry. You’re a great mum. When you get all the details you’ll be right proud of her.”

Mrs. Summers looked at him, stunned. He gave a friendly smile and left.

__________________________________________

Need your help! It’s all up to you. Do you want Angel to get sent to hell like in the show, or not? I can’t decide, so your opinions are needed.

Well, this chapter was sort of lacking character feelings, and had more dialogue. Going to try for more description next time around.

Next part will be set during 2002. Buffy goes to Tara, desperate for help.
Spike has a little bit of fun with the locals before discovering Dru and Angelus are no longer around.

 
 
ch 3 by SinisterChic
 
The Time Spinners

By Heather Martin

Summary- Things get a little twisted when the chip-Spike switches places with the chip-less. Can our do-gooder Spike keep Buffy and the gang from killing him? And can Buffy keep the old Spike from dancing herself back to heaven?

Rating- NC17

Disclaimer- None of the characters belong to me. They’re Joss Whedon’s property.

Spoilers- A TON for Becoming part II! Will have some from the second season to the present sixth.

This happens after Older and Far Away. It also occurs during and after Becoming part II.

Chapter 3- Hallow Depth

Synopsis/ Buffy is very upset about her life. Meanwhile, Spike discovers something just isn’t right about Sunnydale. /

February 15, 2002

It was like Buffy had turned to stone. She stared blankly at the ceiling, stolid. Coldness swept through her body. She was lost, the path darkened by shadows.

Suddenly, Buffy rolled over. She scrunched up into a fetus-position.

Ever since coming back, she found a flicker of heaven here on earth. Spike. He could make her feel. Not pain, suffering, and void. But contentment, as if everything is as it should be. And that was gone now. There wasn’t anything left to hang on to.

Buffy Summers wanted to die. Instead she closed her eyes and fell into a restless, dreamless slumber.

February 16, 2002

Tara stepped up to the Summers’ door. She nervously knocked on it. She waited for a moment before the wood opened to reveal Dawn.

“Hi, Dawnie, is Buffy home? I thought we could go to the movies. You can come too, if you want,” Tara explained.

The teen was angry, that much was clear. “She’s not here. It was supposed to be sister-quality-time day. But, I guess she had to bail.”

“Oh, she probably got detained,” Tara soothed.

A glare was shot from Dawn. “Right, every night,” she snapped. “It’s almost two in the afternoon now, she left at eight yesterday. That’s eighteen hours! I don’t even consider this her home anymore! Why she comes back at all is beyond me!”

Tara frowned. “If you’re lonely, the two of us can go out.”

Dawn shook her head. “Don’t worry about me, I’m fine.” After saying that, she slammed the door.

So much for having a friendly outing. Dawn wasn’t the only one lonely. It were times like these when she missed Willow terribly.

Tara began to walk down the road.

She knew where Buffy was. She wasn’t judgmental, if Buffy wanted to be with Spike, so be it. But the slayer seemed to be oblivious to how it affected others. Spending time with a boyfriend, or girlfriend, was good to a certain extent, but it can’t monopolize all of it. Especially when you have a fifteen year-old sister and addicted friend to look after.

To Tara’s total astonishment, Buffy came into view. She didn’t seem to notice Tara even being there, and was about to pass the other girl.

“Buffy?” Tara asked.

Buffy stopped. She blinked a couple times, coming out of her daze. She looked horrible, blood-shot eyes, and rumpled hair and clothes.

“Tara?” Her voice was a only a whisper.

The witch nodded. “Yeah. We’ll get you inside. You can wash up . . . and if you want . . . you can tell me what’s wrong.

Buffy didn’t answer, only let Tara lead her home.

Dawn was locked in her room when they arrived. Buffy went to the bathroom to take a shower. Tara picked out a tight purple shirt and black pants for her to wear afterward. The slayer took a long time to clean herself. Tara was beginning to get worried, and wondered if she should check on her friend, when Buffy emerged wrapped in a towel. She handed over the outfit and left to give privacy.

A few moments later, Buffy came out of her room. She appeared to be slightly better, but her eyes were still red.

“You can come in,” Buffy informed.

Tara smiled. She went in and sat on the bed. She lifted a stuffed pig lying next to the pillow. “Cute,” she commented.

“Yeah, that’s Mr. Gordo.”

The pig was placed back in its original spot. Then Tara directed her gaze back at Buffy. There was a lingering silence.

“They always leave,” Buffy squeaked, breaking the quiet.
Tara’s eyes widened. “Spike left town?”

Buffy shook her head.

“Th . . . Then, I don’t u-understand.”

The slayer fiddled with her fingers. “Just me. He left me.”

Tara stood up. “What happened?” she questioned with concern.

“I told him I loved him,” Buffy confessed. She stared at the floor.

Tara’s heart went out to her. “Oh, Buffy.”

“I don’t understand it. He got furious. He started talking about Drusilla, and how he only wanted to fight me.” She met Tara’s gaze. “What he said really didn’t make sense. But it all led to one thing. He doesn’t love me. He only loves pain. I said that once to him, before the first time we. . . I was a fool to actually think a souless demon like him could feel.”

Tara took a step forward. “You know that’s not true. I’ve seen him. He’d do anything for you. He was willing to die for you.”

Tears rolled down Buffy’s face. She couldn’t hold them in anymore. She started to tremble. “Then why was he going to kill me?”

Horror came over Tara. “He was going to k. . . kill you? Are you sure?”

“He was about to bite me, drain me dry. But he quit at the last second, and ran away.”

“Do, do you think the chip malfunctioned? It may have had something to do with him loving you, and then when it stopped working. . .”

Buffy cried harder. Tara gave her a comforting hug.

“Everything that has ever given me any joy has been taken away. Why, Tara, why?” Buffy choked.

There was no answer to that. The slayer gave all she had to defeat evil. And what was her reward?

*+* +* +*

Spike had gone back to the mansion to find it empty. At first he found it odd that Angelus and Drusilla weren’t there. Then it dawned on him. They skipped town together.

In a rage, he hit the wall a couple times. Blood flowed from his hand, and down his arm. He laughed at himself, then slid to the floor.

Damn Angel! And damn Buffy for turning him back into Angelus!

He discovered that the sun had come up when he tried to leave. He was stuck there until dusk. He hated the slayer more than ever, made him waste the night away. Now he would have to wait hours until he could eat.

Finally he was able to go. He hung around the Bronze, hoping a tasty morsel would come out. A red-head exited. Spike didn’t rather like red hair, but when your appetite was as large as his was then, you couldn’t be choosy.

The girl wasn’t bad looking. She had on a sexy tank-top, and a very short skirt. Usually, Spike would play with his food. Not tonight. He dove.

A cry escaped the girl. She struggled in his grip. He roughly tilted her head, exposing her neck. He sunk his teeth in, tearing at the vein. He sucked in the coppery fluid. It was hot on his tongue, and soothed his throat on the way down.

After filling himself with an ample amount of blood, he dropped the dead girl. Her body hit the concrete with a thump.

Spike wiped his mouth. His human mask slipped back on. “Mmmm, that was refreshing,” he muttered.

*+*+*+*

Willy’s bar was packed. Spike ordered a whiskey and sat down to drink it. With a full stomach, and alcohol to get drunk, he was feeling pretty good. He ignored the other demons as he tipped the bottle back.

“Yo, Spike, haven’t seen you in awhile,” the bartender said.

Spike rolled his eyes. He wished he could be left alone. “Yeh, Dru and I have been busy.”

Willy’s eyes got bigger. “You and Dru? I thought you gave up on her. Besides, don’t you have a thing for Buffy now?”

Anger shot through Spike. He slammed his fist down on the counter. “It was only one night, and I don’t know how it happened! I was asking her for help, the next. . . And now Dru’s gone off with Angelus.”

Willy held up his hands. “Look, didn’t mean to get you upset. Why don’t you go on home? I think you’re smashed.”

A demon walked in. He looked human except for the green scales on the sides of his face. He made his way over to the bleached vampire.

“Why if it isn’t the chip off the old block.” He chuckled at this pun. “You’re getting as pathetic as your souled sire.”

Spike turned to face the demon. He recognized it from the Wonke species, very smart, but not very strong. He fixed his gaze, cold and unwavering.

“You have a lot of nerve showing up her. Do you know how many kittens you owe me?” the Wonke went on.

Abruptly, Spike charged at the demon. He banged the Wonke against a table, snatching his throat.

“I’m nothing like the poof with a soul. And I owe you nothing!” Spike was seething.

Fear showed on the Wonke. “Okay, you aren’t pathetic. You can kill me with one snap. Those felines, forget about them.”

Spike threw the demon across the room. He hit the wall hard.

Spike grabbed his purchase. “Think you’re right, mate, I’m leaving,” he told Willy. Then he staggered out of the joint.

He traveled through the darkened town, drinking on the way. The place seemed deserted. He passed a store window, glancing at it. Heart stickers and red lettering decorated the glass. He did a double-take. They were way slow on taking things down, last time he checked it was May, long past Valentine’s Day.

The vampire eyed the empty bottle in his hand. He tossed it at the store window.

A few moments later, he came across a marquee. He halted in horror. The sign said: Extreme Blow Out Sale, February 22. What the fuck was going on?

____________________________________

I meant to post this on Monday, but was loaded down with homework. Sorry about that. Hope it was worth the wait.

Next chapter is going to be in present time also. Spike pays the slayer a visit, and is confused to find a teenage girl who seems to know him.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
ch 4 by SinisterChic
 
The Time Spinners

By Heather Martin

Summary- Things get a little twisted when the chip-Spike switches places with the chip-less. Can our do-gooder Spike keep Buffy and the gang from killing him? And can Buffy keep the old Spike from dancing herself back to heaven?

Rating- NC17

Disclaimer- None of the characters belong to me. They’re Joss Whedon’s property.

Spoilers- A TON for Becoming part II! Will have some from the second season to the present sixth.

This happens after Older and Far Away. It also occurs during and after Becoming part II.

Chapter 4- What’s Right is Wrong

Synopsis/ Spike goes to Buffy in search as to what is going on. As a result, he gets a black eye and even more confused. /

 
February 16, 2002

Spike stood before a door. He braced himself and knocked. He noticed that his hand shook as he brought his cigarette up.

The door opened to reveal a young girl. She looked to be about fifteen, with long brown hair. She smiled at Spike.

He exhaled tobacco smoke. “I must have the wrong house. Looked in the phone book, but. . . “ He turned away slightly.

“Spike, what are you talking about?” demanded the girl.

He spun around. “I know you?”

A worried expression appeared on her face. “Are you all right? You are acting strange.”

He snorted and shook his head. “Not really. I can’t figure out what is bloody well going on.”

The teen opened the door wider. “Come on in and I’ll get Buffy,” she told him.

That startled him. She invited him in like it was a regular occurrence. She seemed to be acquainted with him, and he didn’t recall ever seeing her. She also acted like she lived there, which was obviously the slayer’s residence. Things were definitely not right.

Hesitating, Spike entered the house. He needed answers and there was no one else to give them.

The girl snatched his cigarette away. He gave her an annoyed look. “Hey!”

She pitched the butt outside before slamming the door. “No smoking, Buffy’s orders. Remember when you lit up at the party?”

Spike had lost it. “No, I don’t remember! I don’t remember you either for that matter!”

The girl froze in horror. “You don’t remember me? At all?” she squeaked.

Just then Buffy emerged from upstairs. Her path of vision passed right by him to the girl. “Dawn, what is going on here?”

Dawn stepped toward her sister. “Buffy, Spike has amnesia or something.”

Then Buffy gazed at him. He was taken aback at the pain he saw in her eyes. He’d seen hatred, determination, and strength in them . . . but never this. They unnerved him so much that he couldn’t meet them.

“What?” Buffy softly said. She sounded worn out.

“Yeh, I have something like that. Can’t recall a bleeding thing since I knocked that cup out,” he replied.

“You knocked a police officer out?” Dawn turned toward Buffy. “That had to be before the chip, right?”

Buffy grabbed the railing of the stairs. “That would have to be over two years ago.”

“That’s right, pet. May 9, 1998,” Spike informed.

“Oh my God, that was the day Acathla awakened.”

He became intrigued. “Angelus actually managed to do it.”

A nod was sent from Buffy. “But I stopped it from sucking the world in.” After a pause, she added,” You helped some.”

He rose an eyebrow. “Plan worked then? Me and Dru skipped town?”

“Yeah, not a lot of good it did you, though.”

“What do you mean?” he demanded.

Buffy sighed. She moved her hand, indicating their surroundings. “Do you see the hoe around anywhere?”

His head sprang up to settle in her direction. He shot forward, snatching her wrist. She gasped in surprise.

“Don’t talk about Drusilla that way!” he said with malice.

He longed for Buffy to hit him. That way he could let out his anger at his whole world turning upside down in an instant, by swinging back. Instead, Buffy said, “I’m sorry. . . I.”

Spike let go of her with puzzlement. What was wrong with her? This wasn’t the slayer he knew.

Well if she wouldn’t make the first move, he would. He struck her in the face. Her eyes widened.

He stepped back, gesturing her to come at him. “Give me all you got, slayer.”

She shook her head.

He punched her again.

A transformation took place. Buffy’s expression hardened, and she stood straighter. She back-handed his cheek, sending his head whipping to the side.

Spike grinned at her. “That’s my girl.” She didn’t disagree with it, and he didn’t process the words he spoke.

“Let’s go outside,” she suggested.

Dawn followed them into the night. She stayed back, watching them fight. She had never witnessed them in combat before.

Buffy head-butted him. Then she twisted avoiding his swing.

He grabbed her, shoving her to the grass. She bounced back up to her feet.

Spike sent a kick. She evaded it by jumping over his leg. Then she twirled around with a kick of her own. Her foot made contact with his side.
He blocked a punch from her. He smirked. “Gotten better, luv.”

She smiled back. “You’ve gotten worse.” With that, she swept her leg, toppling him to the ground. She straddled him, pinning his arms down.

All of a sudden Buffy started to hit him across the face over and over.

“How dare you do this right when I admitted I loved you!”

Punch.

“I thought I could trust you to always be there!”

Punch.

“I came back wrong and you’re the only thing that makes me right!”

Another punch.

“I can’t feel without you, God damnit!”

Tears fell as she hit him one more time. Then she comprehended the bruise created by her fist. It was right where the other one had been, below his eye.

Buffy recoiled. She scrambled off him, staring with dread. “I promised myself never to hurt you again,” she murmured.

Spike lifted himself slightly, wincing.

“I hurt you too much. I didn’t want to do it again.” Her voice cracked. She gave him a sad look and headed back to the house.

Dawn came over. “Spike?”

He squinted up at her.

She helped him stand. “Why did you start that?” she inquired.

He snickered. “Guess I wanted to right the world. All it did was screw it up some more.”

With Dawn’s aid, he made it back inside.

_____________________________

This did not come out the way I intended it to. The fight scene just sort of happened. Is it good, or no?

Next part is set in 1998. It goes along with Becoming Part II, except for some slight changes due to Spike being from the future.
ch 5 by SinisterChic
 
The Time Spinners

By Heather Martin

Summary- Things get a little twisted when the chip-Spike switches places with the chip-less. Can our do-gooder Spike keep Buffy and the gang from killing him? And can Buffy keep the old Spike from dancing herself back to heaven?

Rating- NC17

Disclaimer- None of the characters belong to me. They’re Joss Whedon’s property.

Spoilers- A TON for Becoming part II! Will have some from the second season to the present sixth.

This happens after Older and Far Away. It also occurs during and after Becoming part II.

Chapter 5- Sacrifice

Synopsis/ The battle in Becoming part II, but a little different with Spike being from the future and all./

 
May 9, 1998

Spike despised going back in the sodding wheelchair. Memories of when he was actually an invalid flooded his brain. Angelus had mocked him, making him feel weak and lower. And Dru. . . His hands clenched into fists. He no longer wanted her for a mate, but he still recalled the jealousy from back then (or rather now). His bloody grandsire had stolen his pride and love, leaving him with nothing. He snickered, thinking about how he had turned to Buffy in desperation of getting them back. Instead she ruined him, or maybe saved him, it was hard to tell now.

Cursing, he pushed himself toward where he knew Angelus would be. The things he did for the slayer. He hoped that when he got back to his Buffy she would ‘repay’ him for pretending to be crippled.

He arrived just in time to see Angelus stand up. “All right, someone get the chainsaw.”

“Now, now, let’s not lose our temper,” Spike told him.

“Keep out of it, sit n’ spin!” Angelus snapped.

It took a lot to muster enough strength not to jump up and charge him. He hated even more than he did before.

“Cut him up, you’ll never get your bleeding answers,” Spike said.

Angelus studied him with interest. “Since when did you become so level headed?”

“Right about when you became so pig-headed. If you chop him up you’ll never get the chance of destroying the world.” Spike eyed Giles. The watcher was beaten and appeared to be barely conscious. He felt pity for the man, wasn’t all that bad, Rupert. He really didn’t want to do this to him, but he couldn’t take the chance of not doing it. He had to make sure Angelus wouldn’t cut him into little pieces. “There are other ways.”

“Enlighten me.”

Spike cocked his head slightly to the side. “Drusilla? Want to play a game?” he called.

When she came up and put her hand on his shoulder, he flinched. He forced himself to relax under her cold touch.

Drusilla moved sleekly over to Giles. She knelt and began to do her hypnotizing trick. “Be in me,” she sang.
The chipped vampire watched as she played with the watcher. Gile’s face lit up with hope at seeing his dead girlfriend. “Jenny?” he said in disbelief.

Not being able to take it anymore, Spike turned his head away. This had to be the most cruel thing someone could possibly do. When Buffy died it was torture looking upon the bot, and it would have killed him to be certain the real her was back when she really wasn’t.

“Blood. Of course. The blood on my hands must be my own. I am the key that will open up the door. My blood. My life,” Angelus’ voice filled Spike’s ears. “Okay, kill him.”

Spike was jarred back into reality. “Uh, but what if he’s lying?”

“Yeah, good point. All right, don’t kill him.” Angelus leaned down closer to Spike. “You know, I kinda like having you watch my back. It’s kinda like old times.” A chuckle escaped him.

Spike gritted his teeth.

Moans of pleasure erupted from Drusilla. The vampiress was kissing Giles like there was no tomorrow.

“Stop it, Drusilla!” shouted Spike with irritation.

“Honey. . .” Angelus added.

“It’d done, you can quit now,” Spike informed.

Drusilla broke away from Giles. She looked over at the male vampires, sheepishly. “Sorry, I was in the moment.” She smiled evilly.

Giles opened his eyes in confusion. He took in the people around him and realization set in. His lips parted.

Drusilla floated over to Angelus. She wrapped her arm around him and they left the room.

Spike stayed put. Giles raised his head to meet his gaze.
“I didn’t want to do that to ya, but I couldn’t think of another way,” Spike commented.

Surprise came over Giles at the sincerity in Spike’s voice.

“Angelus woulda chopped you up, that wouldn’t do.”

Giles stared in bewilderment. “Why do you care what happens to me?”

Spike smirked. He fished into his duster for the cigarettes he nicked. “Let’s just say that I care about Buffy. And since she cares about you. . . Oh, and you treated me right nice when I was Randy.”

“What?” Giles asked, not understanding any of it.

The vampire puffed away at his cigarette. “Right, that hasn’t happened yet. But anyways, you do. And when I get the chip placed in my brain you let me stay at your nice apartment, even if it is in the bathtub. Hey, when that happens, be kind enough to let a bloke watch the telly. It took me forever to catch up on Passions.”

Giles gave Spike a look that clearly said that he must be off his rocker.

“Ok, you probably think I’m crazy, but forget all that. Buffy and the whelp are on their merry way to rescue you. Hold together and you’ll be out of here in no time.”

Spike began to wheel away. “Got to head out, action’s about to begin.”

*+*+*+*

Angelus, Drusilla, Spike, and the minions were gathered in the main room. The ritual was taking place. Spike was getting impatient as it went on. Buffy had decided not to come early.

“Now, Acathla. . .” Angelus shouted into the air.

Drusilla handed him a dagger. He took it and sliced his palm. Wincing, he dropped the blade. Blood flowed from the wound. “You will be free.”
“And so will we all.”

Out of the shadows, Buffy emerged. She came up behind one of the minions and decapitated him with a clean blow. She grinned over at Angelus. “Hello, lover.”

Irritation etched the master vampire’s features. “I don’t have time for you.”

“You don’t have a lot of time left.”

“Coming on kind of strong, don’t you think? You’re playing some deep odds here. Do you really think you can take us all on?”

“No, I don’t”

That was the cue for Spike to stand up. He grabbed an andiron from the fireplace and went at it with Angelus. He whipped the utensil hard on his back. Angelus cried out in pain.

Spike hit Angelus again. “Know what? I hate you even more than the poof.”

At that second, Drusilla jumped him. The andiron fell from Spike’s grip. He threw the psycho female off. They faced each other.

“Funny, thing, I don’t mind hurting you this time around,” he commented. He let out a small laugh, then punched her.

Her eyes widened. She grabbed him by the throat and shoved him into the wall. Spike slapped her arm aside and punched her again.

Rage ran through her. She let out a cry and swiped at him with fingernails. She created four parallel scratches across his cheek. Her fist hit him, knocking him to the floor.

The sound of rumbling filled the air.

Dru looked up and smiled. “Oh, here he comes.”

In a quick motion, Spike got to his feet. His fingers curled around her neck, squeezing. She struggled, but he was stronger. “Sorry, baby, I didn’t have to,” he stated.

Drusilla’s eyes closed. She began to fall. Spike caught her in his arms. He looked down at his devotion for 120 years. He stroked her dark hair. Strangely he still worried about her, but that was where it ended. He no longer felt the need to touch and take care of her. Was he wrong when he told Angel and Buffy love lasted forever? Or had he never really loved Dru in the first place?

Gently, Spike laid Drusilla down. Then he snapped his attention to the battle going on around him. His eyes widened as he saw Buffy. The slayer was backing into a wall. She was defenseless against the advancing Angelus.

Spike rushed to help.

Angelus pointed a sword at Buffy. A frightened expression was on her face.

“Now, that’s everything, huh? No weapons. . . no friends. . . no hope,” Angelus said.

Buffy closed her eyes, awaiting her fate.

“Take that away. . . and what’s left?” he went on.

“Me,” a voice from behind declared.

Before Angelus could react, the sword was kicked away. He blinked,
surprised, as someone threw a swing at him. He staggered, off balance.

Buffy opened her eyes to see Spike coming to her rescue. She watched in astonishment.

Angelus regained his composure. He turned to Spike. “You foolish boy, what do you think you’re doing?”

Spike punched him in the nose. He snickered. “I’m saving my girl and the world, you git!”

They fought for awhile, neither of them noticing that Acathla was waking up.

Suddenly Angelus’ legs gave out. He fell to his knees, letting out a holler. Spike stared in horror.

Buffy ran over to the men, holding her recovered sword.

Angelus’ eyes glowed a golden color and then faded. His head snapped up, vision focusing on Buffy. “Buffy?” A sob racked his body. “What’s going on?”

Spike stepped away into a corner. His heart tightened as he watched the couple’s reunion. God, she loved him so much. If only she could do the same for him. But of course he was just a monster to her.

Buffy stepped closer to Angel. He embraced her in desperation.

“Oh Buffy. . . God,” the newly souled vampire murmured. “I. . .I feel like I haven’t seen you in months.”

The slayer shut her eyes. She sighed deeply when Angel held her closer.

All of a sudden a swirling vortex erupted from the statue Acathla. It surrounded the lovers.

“What’s happening?” asked Angel.

Buffy shushed him with her fingers. “Shhh, don’t worry about it.” She fought tears. They shared a tender kiss. “I love you.”

“I love you,” he whispered back.

“Close your eyes,” she ordered.

He obeyed, not asking why.

With a quick thrust, Buffy stabbed him in the chest.

Angel’s eyes widened, aghast. “Buffy?!” His hand stretched out to her as he was sucked into the vortex.

A moment later, the room was peaceful again. The blond vampire stepped toward Buffy. She was still staring blankly where Angel had once stood.

Spike hadn’t known what took place this day. He never realized how much pain Buffy had undergone.

“Buffy?”

She didn’t respond.

“Luv, we have to go. Your mates prolly are worried.”

He came to a stop before her. She looked up at him. He was torn apart at the agony he saw. He wanted to reach out and comfort her, but restrained himself.

He got his wish, however, for she collapsed in his arms. She broke down then and sobbed.

Spike stroked her hair and whispered nonsense. He was sure she wasn’t even aware of anything, but he kept at it anyway.

___________________________________

Phew, that was a long chapter. I think it turned out quite nicely, though.

Next part, will be this time period also, I think. Buffy and Spike have a little discussion and she starts to wonder if he is telling the truth about coming from the future. Drusilla wakes up and discovers her William is not quite right.

 
ch 6 by SinisterChic
 
The Time Spinners

By Heather Martin

Summary- Things get a little twisted when the chip-Spike switches places with the chip-less. Can our do-gooder Spike keep Buffy and the gang from killing him? And can Buffy keep the old Spike from dancing herself back to heaven?

Rating- NC17

Disclaimer- None of the characters belong to me. They’re Joss Whedon’s property.

Spoilers- A TON for Becoming part II! Will have some from the second season to the present sixth.

This happens after Older and Far Away. It also occurs during and after Becoming part II.

Chapter 6- Do I Know You?

Synopsis/ Spike and Buffy talk a little and Dru wakes up. Then in 2002, Buffy and Spike quarrel. /

 
May 9, 1998

Buffy cried herself to sleep in Spike’s embrace. She was exhausted physically, but mostly mentally, from the ordeal. She stayed that way for hours. The vampire didn’t dare move, in fear he would wake her up.

She resembled more like an angel than ever before. He’d only had the chance to truly study her during the night of the abandoned house. After that, she left without falling asleep.

Buffy’s eyes suddenly shot open. She bolted away from him in a flash. She surveyed her surroundings, searching for a weapon.

“Jumpy much, pet?” he inquired.

Disgust shifted on her face. She pointed at him. “How long was I like that?” she demanded.

He smirked. “Quite awhile, luv.”

She raised an eyebrow. “And you let me?”

“Well, yeh, you were traumatized and all.”

The life went out of her, and she deflated. “Oh my God,” she whispered. Fresh tears formed.

“Now, don’t get like that,” Spike told her. “I bet Angel, his soul, and wot not is in heaven. You only sent Angelus to hell.”

Her head lifted, fury apparent. “What do you know!?”

He shook his head. “Nuthin. Not a bloody thing about where the peaches ended up. But I know somethin about pain.”

“What, have you ever killed the one you love!?” she threw back.

He met her gaze. “No, but I had someone I love die. I . . . I couldn’t protect
. . . ‘her’.”

Buffy was taken back by his intense stare. She had no trouble finding the truth in his words.

The slayer abruptly turned away from him. “I have to go,” she declared.

Spike walked over to her and seized her arms. “I know what you’re planning on doing. You can’t run from your problems, they just follow you along.”
Her shoulders slumped. “I can’t be here. I . . . I can’t be the slayer anymore,” she whispered.

Spike let go of her. He nodded. “Okay, luv, you go have yourself a lil’ vacation. I’ll stay here and fight the good fight.”

Her eyes widened. “I can’t trust you with my friends!”

“Then don’t go. Things will go to hell without you. The scoobies can’t handle another big bad like Angelus by themselves.”

She gaped at him for a moment. “You act like you care.”

Taking out a cigarette, he noticed it was his last one. He threw the empty container to the ground. Then he lit the smoke and popped it in his mouth. “Maybe I do,” he muttered.

“My poor William,” came a voice.

Both the slayer and Spike looked over. Drusilla was standing there, beautiful as ever. Her attention was fully focused on Spike.

A sad melancholy filled her eyes. “You’re all wrong!”

Buffy gave Spike a questioning glance.

The vampire reached out to him. “I can see it. The nasty little metal inside your brain. Can’t hurt, can’t kill.” She ventured over to his side. “And you don’t want to.”

Drusilla’s expression hardened. “It’s because of her.” She twiddled her fingers around her head. “She’s fluttering all over you.”

Spike sighed. “Look, Dru, I’ll get you a nice ticket to South America. You’ll meet a chaos demon and be right happy.”

The comment was ignored. “My Spike is lost to me. There’s no getting him back,” she went on with sorrow.

“Sorry, pet,” Spike told her.

Water trickled in Drusilla’s gaze. “Our family is ruined.”

“You can go make yourself a new one, Dru.”

Drusilla nodded. Then she left. Spike watched her go. Must mean it’s dark outside, he thought. How long had they been there?

Buffy looked at him, confused. “What was that about?”

He took a drag on his cigarette. “Told you, slayer, I am from the future.”

February 16, 2002

Dawn led Spike to the living room. They both sat down on the couch. The vampire fell into an uncomfortable silence. He was really sick of this whole thing, and was extremely frustrated with having to stay at the slayer’s house.

“Well, I say you go along with your regular routine. We’ll help you out, and your memory will come back in no time,” Dawn said, optimistically.

He wasn’t sure if he wanted to remember. It seemed to him like he turned into a pathetic loser. No wonder Dru left him.

Dawn got up. She went over to the television. “I recorded Passions,” she declared.

“Huh?” Spike said.

She put her hands on her hips, and said, “Don’t tell me you don’t recall Passions.”

Popping in the video, she then settled to watch it. Spike chuckled. “A soap?”

She glared at him. “Excuse me, you’re the one who got me hooked.”

He sighed, giving in, and kept his eyes on the show. He had to admit it was rather entertaining.

Spike pointed to the screen. “What’s up with the kid?”

“Oh, that’s Timmy, he’s your fave. He used to be Tabitha’s doll until he got changed into a real boy,” Dawn explained.

Spike caught himself smiling. Was he actually having fun with a human? A teenage girl for that matter. And the uncanny thing was, he had no inclination to bite her whatsoever.

*+*+*+*

Buffy came down, finally collected. She was ready to take charge, and get this all straightened out. No more breaking down, that solved nothing.

She halted at the sight of Spike and Dawn. They were next to each other, watching TV, and eating a bowl of microwave popcorn.

A laugh escaped Spike. “That’s tellin her, Timmy!”

It was as if everything was normal. Like she would enter the room and have the vampire send her love-sick-puppy-dog looks. She would turn her head away, and ignore them. That is, until they snuck away to the kitchen.

Buffy braced herself and crept closer. She settled in the chair. “We’ll head over to the magic box first thing tomorrow,” she declared.

“How am I supposed to manage that?” Spike questioned.

“Blanket,” she informed.

“Wot!? Now, slayer, I don‘t intend to smoke just to go see your Scooby pals.”

Munching on a mouthful of popcorn, Dawn said, “Why not? You do it all the time.”

He looked horrified. “Why would I risk turning into a crispy critter just to see you lot?”
“Duh, cuz you love Buffy,” Dawn replied.

Spike gestured to Buffy and then Dawn. “First I get big sis tellin me she loves me, and now lil’ sis tells me ’I’ love her back. Did I turn to dust and end up in hell?”

Dawn grinned over at Buffy. “I knew you guys had something going on!”

A cold stare was sent in Spike’s direction. “I hate you!” Buffy stood up.

Spike got to his feet as well. They faced off. “The feelings mutual, sweetheart. You’ve ruined my unlife.”

“And you, I’m all wrong because of you.”

“Guys, I haven’t seen you fight like this in ages. Kinda missed it.” The couple turned to see Willow come in. She smiled at them.

Spike studied the witch. “Hey, you’re Buffy’s mate, right? What’s your name?”

The redhead gave him a peculiar look. “Huh? I’m Willow.”

“Willow, that’s right. Love the hair.”

Willow touched her hair. “It’s been like this for a while now, Spike. Are you feeling okay?”

“He has amnesia,” Dawn spoke up. She still had her eyes glued to Passions, and chomped on more popcorn.

Willow faced Buffy. “He can’t remember us?”

The slayer shook her head. “Well, not since 1998. That’s the cut-off date.”

Willow considered. “Think it’s a spell?”

“Could be, maybe Warren, Jonathan, and whoever the last one is did it,” Buffy suggested.
“You think? But they seem mostly interested in you, not any of the rest of us.”

Spike snapped,” There is no US! I’m not part of your little gang.”

Great, thought Buffy, he tries for a whole year to be accepted. Finally we do, and he doesn’t like it. The irony.

“Shut up, or I’ll hit you again,” Buffy warned.

“Go right ahead,” he taunted.

“Don’t provoke me.”

“Come on, baby, hit me. Hit me real hard.”

“What is it with you and violence?” Buffy asked.

Willow yawned. “Ok, you two, I say we hurry to sleep. Big day tomorrow, research and all.”

Relaxing, Buffy nodded.

“Dawn, you too,” Buffy said.

“But it’s Saturday,” Dawn whined.

“Bed, now. Besides, Spike is using the couch.”

“Am not!” he protested.

“I need you at quick grab in the morning.”

He smirked at her comment. She blushed.

When Dawn and Willow were completely gone, Buffy stated,” That’s not what I meant.”

“Maybe not, luv, but it’s what you want.”

Buffy went to the closet. She tossed him a pillow and blanket. Hard.

“Maybe,” she retorted. “But it won’t happen. Not with you anyway. You aren’t my Spike.” Her tone was sad.

She began to walk away. “Goodnight, Spike.”

She crawled into bed, and fell into a deep sleep. She dreamed about the Spike that loved her.

_____________________________________

Next one will probably be split up too (1998 and 2002). It’s gonna kind of contrast the scoobies during both times.

 
 


 
 
 
 
ch 7 by SinisterChic
 
The Time Spinners

By Heather Martin

Summary- Things get a little twisted when the chip-Spike switches places with the chip-less. Can our do-gooder Spike keep Buffy and the gang from killing him? And can Buffy keep the old Spike from dancing herself back to heaven?

Rating- NC17

Disclaimer- None of the characters belong to me. They’re Joss Whedon’s property.

Spoilers- A TON for Becoming part II! Will have some from the second season to the present sixth.

This happens after Older and Far Away. It also occurs during and after Becoming part II.

Chapter 7- Opposites Attract

Synopsis/ The reason for the switcheroo is revealed./

 
February 17, 2002

Spike awoke to the aroma of waffles. He groggily sat up, and noticed that he was hungry, but not for waffles of course. He went for the liquid diet these days.

He walked into a cheerful kitchen. Willow was cooking, while Buffy got down plates and collected forks. Dawn began to pour orange juice.

“Ladies, is there anyone you don’t like?” Spike inquired. He met Buffy’s gaze. “Besides me.”

A sigh came from the slayer. “What are you getting at, Spike?”

“Just wonderin if there’s anyone you could do without. A vamps got to eat, ya know.”

She made a disgusted face. Then she went over to the refrigerator. Opening it up, she brought out a pack of blood.

Willow whispered something to Dawn. The girl nodded and then they both left the room.

Spike lifted a brow. “You’ve got it bad, woman, keeping hemoglobin for me and all.”

In silence, Buffy poured the red fluid into a mug. She popped it into the microwave. After that, she spun around.

Buffy pointed at him. “Listen here, bleached Billy Idol freak, you have no idea what I’ve been through. And you’ve been a nuisance for over a year now, following me like a lost stray. But then I came back from the dead and you were the only one who understood. The only one that made me feel alive.” Her gaze lifted. “But you, the one here now, I hate you.”

He stepped closer. He could feel her warm breath. “I may not be your soft pathetic puppy, but I know you want me. You’d like to shag me good. I can smell your arousal. Don’t deny it. I won’t lie, I’ve got a thing for you as well.” His hands came up and stroked her sides. She made no resistance. “Now, let’s find out how much you want me.” He roamed downward to her hips. She moaned in pleasure, closing her eyes. A smile played on his lips at the sight. His fingers slid between her legs.

The moment snapped. Buffy gasped. She slammed him off of her and into the island.

Buffy took out the mug from the microwave. She slammed it down on the counter. “Gulp down your fucking breakfast and then be ready to go!”
She stormed away in a rage.

*+*+*+*

Spike and Buffy burst into the magic shop, followed by Willow and Dawn. The vampire stomped out the flaming blanket that had been covering him. “Bloody hell! Slayer, we are no longer traveling during the day.”

Buffy glared. “Hopefully, ‘you’ will no longer be here for another day.”

“That’s my wish 24/7,” Xander said, coming up to them.

“Guys, move it, you’re blocking the entrance to my store. How will people buy things if they can’t get in?” Anya commanded.

The group went over to the round table. Buffy and Spike sat as far away as possible.

Xander leaned forward. “So, Buff, what’s the meeting all about? And why’s it so important that evil dead had to attend?”

“I called everyone here because of him.” She faced Spike. “Spike, tell them the whole story.”

“The ‘whole’ story?”

Clearing her throat, she said,” Maybe I should tell it.”

He smiled his famous bad-boy smile. “No worry, luv, I was only playing. I can manage.”

Nervousness came over her as he started to talk. If he said anything about. . .

“Yesterday was May 9, 1998 for me. Angelus was hopin to end the world. But, you see, I rather like this chaotic mess we live in. And I wanted Dru. So, I seeked out the slayer for some help. We’d defeat the bastard, save the planet, and I’d skip off with Dru. Things didn’t go as planned. I kicked this cop’s arse, turned around, and then things changed.” He met Buffy’s gaze. She pleaded with him to keep quiet about what happened next.

“Uh, then I was in the cemetery. I later found out it was four years ahead of time. Now, I don’t know what went on. Some hocus pocus, maybe. All I know is I can’t recall a bloody thing since 1998,” he went on.

Buffy let out a sigh of relief.

Xander pointed at Spike. “So, that is the chipless Spike?”

“What is this chip everyone speaks of?” Spike asked.

“It’s a metal instrument embedded in your brain. The thing prevents you from killing,” Willow explained.

“Right, so that’s why Dru leaves me. Well, I don’t have this little contraption in my noggin now, maybe I should go hook up with her again.”

That caught Buffy’s attention. “You fed off someone last night, didn’t you?”

“Well, yeh, that’s what vamps do.”

Xanders eyes flared with hatred. “You do know we should stake you,” he expressed.

Spike smirked. “You can try, mate.”

“Sounds like a time fold to me,” Anya informed. She had been listening from the register.

Spike shifted his gaze to the ex-demon. “An you are. . .?”

“Oh, Anya!” She showed her ring. “Xander’s proud fiancé.”

Spike laughed. “You’re marring him? You could do better, but whatever floats your boat.”

Annoyance filled Buffy. “Please go on, Anya. What is a time fold?”

“Okay, it’s like this,” Anya told them. “Two time dimensions overlap for some reason or another. Now, if two opposite experiences occur, it can create a disturbance. When this happens, time can do a flip-flop. Which means, Spike didn’t lose his memory at all, he switched places.”

“So, our Spike is in 1998?” questioned Buffy.

“Yep,” replied Anya. She looked over at Spike. “What is the very last thing that happened before being transported? What were you thinking?”

“Uh, I was . . . Looking into Buffy’s eyes,” Spike said.

“What!?” squeaked Buffy.

“Yeah, I looked into them and saw pure hatred.”

“Buffy, were you with Spike when he changed?” Willow asked.

The slayer hesitantly, confessed, “Um. . . sorta . . . Yeah.”

“So that’s it!” exclaimed Willow. “Spike must have been gazing at you in this time while the former one was doing the same.”

“But the opposite had to happen. When Spike looked at Buffy here he must have seen. . .” Dawn trailed off.

All eyes fixed on Buffy. She gulped and slumped in her chair.

“The opposite of hate is love. You love Spike!?” yelled Xander in astonishment.

Buffy clutched the arms of the chair. She wanted to die.

_______________________________________
I know I said that there would be both time periods, but I wanted to get another chapter out for you all. Next chapter will have 1998. Then after that, things get fun. ; ) Or, just let me say, I am going to enjoy writing it. Want a hint? Too bad, here’s one anyway. It involves Drusilla. *L*
ch 8 by SinisterChic
 
The Time Spinners

By Heather Martin

Summary- Things get a little twisted when the chip-Spike switches places with the chip-less. Can our do-gooder Spike keep Buffy and the gang from killing him? And can Buffy keep the old Spike from dancing herself back to heaven?

Rating- NC17

Disclaimer- None of the characters belong to me. They’re Joss Whedon’s property.

Spoilers- A TON for Becoming part II! Will have some from the second season to the present sixth.

This happens after Older and Far Away. It also occurs during and after Becoming part II.

Chapter 8- Unwanted

Synopsis/ Buffy is in search of Giles and Xander. Spike is brushed aside. /

 
May 10, 1998

Buffy and Spike traveled through town.

“I have to find Giles, make sure he’s okay,” declared Buffy.

“Sure, and then we’ll look into my lil’ problem, right?” Spike asked.

Slowing her pace, she said, “Yeah, you did help me with Angel.” She had trouble getting his name out. “And, as much as I don’t want to, I’m starting to believe you.”

“Why’s that, luv?”

“You don’t seem to want to kill me for some reason. And, you disregarded Drusilla just like that. Before you were all ‘Oh woe is me, my girlfriend is a skank.”

A snort came from Spike. He stuck his hands in his leather coat pockets. “I was rather pathetic,” he admitted.

Just then a form jumped out at them. It was a vampire, who was going for the punk-rocker impression.

Buffy sighed. “And I left my stake at home.”

“Let me handle it.” Spike moved forward.

The vampire lunged. Then, suddenly, he stopped. “Hey, you’re a vampire too! Why are you looking to dust me? And isn’t that the slayer? Shouldn’t you be killing her and not me?”

Spike threw a punch. “You talk too much, mate.”

They went at it. The fight didn’t take long. Spike knocked the foe into the cement wall of a building. That disoriented the vampire long enough for Spike to grab hold of his neck and twist. Dust filled the air.

Spike brushed off the vampire remains that landed on him. He grinned over at Buffy. “Well, that was fun,” he stated.

She blinked at him. This was weird. The Spike she knew would have stood back and watched the show. But the one next to her intervened, doing away with the attacker himself. But why?

“You kill your own kind? Any other surprises?” Buffy commented.

“Plenty, luv, but I’m not sure if I wanna tell yet. Maybe when I’m good and ready.”

Typical, he still had to be a smart-ass.

The two began to walk again.

“Slayer, can we stop at the store on our way? I’m all out of smokes,” Spike inquired.

Rolling her eyes, Buffy moved faster.

*+*+*+*

Sunnydale Memorial was as busy as ever. Not unexpected considering all the attacks that run through town.

Buffy headed to Willow’s room. Before going in, she turned to Spike. “You better stay out here,” she advised.

He nodded. “Yeh, Red’s probably not too fond of me right now. Wounldn’t want to work her up when she’s still recovering.”

The slayer gave him an odd look before leaving him.

Willow was sitting up in bed, holding Oz’s hand. Her boyfriend was scooted as close as possible. Their heads shot up as Buffy entered.

“Buffy, you’re back!” Willow’s face brightened. “And the world didn’t end!”

Oz brushed a strand of hair out of Willow’s eyes. Afterward, he gave Buffy a small smile.

“Did the spell work?” the red-head questioned.

“Yeah,” Buffy replied, tonelessly.

A worried expression crossed Willow’s features. “Why aren’t you happy-Buffy?”

That was when Buffy broke down. Oz moved away, giving the girls some room.

Buffy hugged her best-friend, weeping. Things remained that way for a while, until she calmed down. Then she pulled away.

“So, things didn’t go as planned?” Oz asked.

“I killed him,” Buffy choked. “He was. . . the portal was open. And the only way to close it was his blood.”

“Oh, Buffy,” Willow said in concern.

Buffy wiped her eyes and stood up. “Where’s Giles? Is he here? Xander got him out, but he was pretty beat-up.”

Willow shook her head. “I haven’t seen him, or Xander.”

“The only other place they could be is Gile’s house. . . or the library. I have to go check.” Buffy stepped toward the door. “I’ll call you when I find them.” She went out into the hall.

Buffy kept walking, straight past Spike. He hurried up to her.

“They’re not here, I take it?”

Exasperated, she said, “Look, I can’t deal with you right now. Just go away.”

“You know, I don’t get you, you’re so fickle. One minute I’m all right, the next I’m told to piss off,” he told her.

She turned, pain evident on her face. “I’ve just been through something major. I’m strong, but I can’t handle everything at once. Sorry, my friends come before you!”

Spike crossed his arms. “Fine, luv, I understand that. I just. . .”

A long sigh escaped her. She didn’t know why she bothered with him. “What is it, Spike?”

“I . . . I was beginning to feel like I finally belonged somewhere. Not totally, but almost. And then I get thrust away, to this hell, where I’m a piece of garbage to you lot again.”

“How do you want us to treat you, huh? You’ve tried to kill me numerous times. I’m supposed to forget that all of a sudden? I don’t think so!” she shot back.

“I’m not the vampire of 1998. I’ve got a bloody chip stuck in my brain. That’s what Dru was goin on about, I can’t hurt a living thing anymore.”

Buffy laughed.

“It’s true,” he defended.

“I know, that’s what’s so funny.”

He growled. “You make me so mad, slayer.”

A man on a stretcher went by, being pushed by some paramedics. He was hollering in agony. Buffy shifted her eyes away.

“I have to go,” she stated.

“Go. Forget about Spike. I’ll only be stuck here for the rest of my existence.”

“Oh please. Shut up. I’ll contact you when things have calmed down a bit. We’ll research your problem then. Where can I get a hold of you.”

“The cemetery. I’ll be at my crypt, the biggest mausoleum. Do ya know which one I mean?”

“I think. Isn’t it kinda cold and dark there?”

He lifted an eyebrow.

Buffy then said,” Oh yeah, vampire and all, must be great.”
“That it is. Got a lower-level and everything. Well, see ya there. Don’t take too long.”

She didn’t say anything more to him, and just left.

*+*+*+*

Buffy walked in a daze to Gile’s house. She tried to not think. That led to Angel, and Angel led to loss.

Another urge to run-away came over her. It wouldn’t be hard, she was already kicked out of school. There wasn’t much left to lose. Except her friends. And they meant more to her than anything. Spike had been right. What if another enemy came? They couldn’t fight it alone.

She made it to Gile’s. Calling his name, she burst inside.

“Giles, are you here!? Xander!?”

The next thing she knew, Xander came at her. “Buffy?”

“I checked the hospital, but you weren’t there. How’s Giles?”

He pointed to the stairs. “He’s sleeping. He doesn’t want to see a doctor, and I don’t blame him. Besides, all he has is some bruises.”

She nodded. “Can I go see him?”

“Yeah, he’s been sleeping for hours.”

Buffy went up to see her watcher. He seemed to sense her presence because he took that moment to open his eyes.

“Buffy.” he acknowledged.

She sat down on the bed. Reaching out, she took his hand. “How do you feel?”

“Like I just got tortured,” he answered.
She smiled. “Is that all?”

He smiled back. “I’m so glad you’re all right.”

“Well, I’m holdin together anyways.”

*+*+*+*

Spike entered his crypt. It was pitch black, and if he hadn’t been gifted with acute predator vision, he wouldn’t have been able to make anything out.

The place was bare. The only thing there was the sarcophagus. Cobwebs adorned the walls. He had forgotten how it was before being cleaned up.

Groaning, he settled on the sarcophagus. Never knew how much he became accustomed to his bed until then.

Sure hope nibblet’s recording Passions for me, he thought. It sure was boring without the television. Seeing nothing else to do, he went to sleep.

___________________________________________

Ok, this chapter kind of sucked. At least, it feels that way to me. Next one is better.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
ch 9 by SinisterChic
 
The Time Spinners

By Heather Martin

Summary- Things get a little twisted when the chip-Spike switches places with the chip-less. Can our do-gooder Spike keep Buffy and the gang from killing him? And can Buffy keep the old Spike from dancing herself back to heaven?

Rating- NC17

Disclaimer- None of the characters belong to me. They’re Joss Whedon’s property.

Spoilers- A TON for Becoming part II! Will have some from the second season to the present sixth.

This happens after Older and Far Away. It also occurs during and after Becoming part II.

Chapter 9- Exposed

Synopsis/ Buffy comes clean. Spike gets a very big surprise. Guess who./

 
February 17, 2002

Everyone was staring, mostly with shock. Except Xander, who seemed to have come to a sudden revelation.

Buffy sat up straight. She surveyed the group. Determination filled her.

“I’m sick of hiding. I’m tired of trying to be right. Yes, I love Spike, I can admit it now. I’m not proud of it, I don’t want to, but I do,” she told them.

“Have you lost your mind?” Xander burst out.

Frustration built up. “Maybe I have. All I know is I feel the most complete when I’m with him. Ever since I’ve been back. . . I feel lost. But now around him, he understands me.”

Willow, who was sitting next to Bufy, touched her arm. “Why didn’t you tell us?”

“I was scared, Will, and . . . ashamed. I mean, Spike’s an evil vampire.”

Willow gave Buffy a hug. She knew what the slayer was going through. She had felt the same way about her relationship with Tara. “You can’t help who you fall for, I should know.” The ex-witch peered up at Xander, urging him to be supportive.

A sigh came from Xander. “I don’t like this. I don’t like Spike, and I’m not going to pretend I do. But I won’t preach to you about it being insane. You already know that. And as much as I hate to say it, Spike will never leave you. So, if you want to be with him, I won’t stand in your way. But don’t expect me to watch you two smooch in public or anything. I’m going to turn my head.”

Buffy slightly smiled. “Thanks, that means a lot to me.”

Spike propped his feet on the table. He leaned back and put his arms behind his head. “This is a touching moment you lot got here, but I sort of want to get back to where I belong, so if you could. . .”

The slayer glared at him. Then she turned to Anya. “Is there a way to fix this time fold? I don’t know how much I can take. I want my Spike back.”

“I don’t know of a way. That doesn’t mean there isn’t one, though,” Anya answered.

Willow gave Buffy a reassuring look. “We’ll research. If there’s a way, we will find it.”
Buffy nodded. She was empty inside. She glanced over at Spike. He was the person she loved. . . yet not. It was so confusing. She hated the way he acted, but she still wanted to get lost in his arms.

The gang gathered books, except Anya who was dealing with costumers. Spike just sat there.

After a couple minutes, he said,” This is bloody boring.”

Buffy raised her head. She grabbed the thickest book she could find and threw it at him. He caught it. “Hey now!” he exclaimed.

“Make yourself useful,” she instructed.

“Can’t I leave?”

“Fine, do what you like. It’s daylight out, and I doubt you’d like to rush around town flaming, though. If you’re a good vampire and wait a couple hours, I’ll drive you to your crypt,” she told him.

Spike dropped the book on the table with great force. He violently flung I open, and began to scan the pages.

*+*+*+*

After a long, tedious time of worthless research, the scoobies decided to quit for the day.

Buffy drove Spike to the cemetery. She had recently received her license after Dawn complained about transportation problems.

“I trust that you will stay put. I can’t have you wandering around eating civilians. Tonight, I’m gonna patrol, so don’t be surprised if I drop by to check up on you.”

“So I’m under surveillance?”

“I don’t trust you. That’s all.”

He nodded and got out of the SUV. He ran to his crypt, managing to not fry.

The darkened sanctuary was refreshing. He examined the place. A smile appeared on his lips at the sight of the television. He was rather impressed wit the furniture and rugs.

His eyes traveled to the ladder leading downward. He recalled being down there with Buffy. The thought made him shiver.

For no reason he caught himself descending to the lower level. What he found there could have started his heart.

There, on his king-sized bed, was Drusilla. She was stretched on her back, beautiful in the nude.

She lifted slightly and said, “Hello, William, I’ve been waiting for you.”

______________________________________

Sorry, this was a short chapter. I kind of struggled on Xander’s reaction. I wanted him to be upset, but not stand in the way. Did I pull it off? Warning about the next chapter, *cough* it involves Drusilla and Spike. Um. . . You know. And, sorry if that may disgust some of you, but it isn’t that detailed. And let me remind you, I’m a total B/S shipper, so there has to be some sort of twist to shift things, let me assure you.
ch 10 by SinisterChic
 
The Time Spinners

By Heather Martin

Summary- Things get a little twisted when the chip-Spike switches places with the chip-less. Can our do-gooder Spike keep Buffy and the gang from killing him? And can Buffy keep the old Spike from dancing herself back to heaven?

Rating- NC17

Disclaimer- None of the characters belong to me. They’re Joss Whedon’s property.

Spoilers- A TON for Becoming part II! Will have some from the second season to the present sixth.

This happens after Older and Far Away. It also occurs during and after Becoming part II.

Chapter 10- Destruction

Synopsis/ Drusilla and Spike have a little reunion. Then in 1998, Buffy comes to fetch Spike. /

 
February 17, 2002

Spike stood there, frozen. “Dru?”

She grinned at him. “Miss Edith whispered for me to come back. She says my Spike has returned. Is it true? Say it’s so.”

He crawled ontop of her bare skin. The cold body beneath him felt so inviting.

“That’s right, baby, the big bad is back. Want me to show you how bad I am?”

“Oh, yes, please,” she chirped.

Spike discarded his clothing in a frenzy. Then he rushed at his sire in an animal passion.

It was as if he had never been caught in a time fold. As if Angelus had never put his hands on his mate. It was like it used to be, just the two of them. This was the way it was supposed to be.

Drusilla arched her back in pleasure. Her long nails dug into his flesh, causing blood to seep out. The pain was intoxicating.

She cried out about seeing the stars as he licked her hardened nipple. He had missed her rantings, even if they were tiresome at times.

He plunged into her hard. She screamed, a shattering explosion of emotion. He moved faster and more rough. Reaching his peak, his game face emerged. Hers followed.

Ripples of ecstatic electricity ran through them. A calm settled straight after.

Spike gazed into the dark depths of her eyes. And he saw nothing. Not hate, hurt, or love. A void of hollowness.

His features shifted back to human form. He slid off her, not sure what came over him.

She looked over at him with concern. “What is wrong with you? Was it not pleasuring?” She snapped her teeth. “I can be more naughty. Would you like Mommy to bite you this time?”

He blinked. “In a minute, pet.”

Something as wrong with him. He had been enjoying himself tremendously while shagging. Afterwards, it was. . .

Drusilla pulled away from him. “It’s her, isn’t it?” she accused.

“What ,“ he asked, confused.

“You’re my Spike, but she still floats around your brain. I can smell her, she’s covered all over you. Why didn’t I see it before?” She retrieved her disheveled dress.

Spike propped himself on one elbow. “What in the bleeding hell are you goin on about!?”

Her expression was filled with grief. “The slayer.”

It took a moment for him to process her words. Then he laughed. “That’s . . . Buffy’s my enemy. We dispise each other. Or, well. . . I do her.”

Drusilla ignored him. She climbed up to ground-level. Spike traveled behind her.

“We can team up again, luv, kill her. Would that make you happy? We can still dance on her grave, you and me,” he pleaded.

“You couldn’t do it. Not back then, and not now. She’s gotten stronger. You wouldn’t go through with it even if you had a chance.”

She sounded sane, right then. He’d never heard her be so reasonable before.

Desperate, he proposed,” We can go somewhere. I’ll take you anywhere you’d like to go.”

Drusilla shook her head. She stepped toward the door. He snatched her arm, keeping her from going.

“You are staying with me, Dru. We belong together.”

She wriggled in his grip. “No, no! The stars call to me, the stars call!”

He held her tighter. Tears stung her eyes. “The stars!” she wailed.

Spike touched her pale cheek. “Come on, baby, we can be a family again.”

She yelled out. Her hand came up, and she scratched his face. “The stars are my family.” She looked up to the ceiling. She swayed. “They dance with me.”

Spike released her. His poor Drusilla.

Gracefully, she danced to the door. Then she was gone.

Rage flared through him. It was too much to bear. He took an empty whiskey bottle and threw it at the wall. Glass shattered into shards.

“I’ll kill you, slayer! I swear I’ll kill you!” he shrieked.

*+*+*+*

May 13, 1998

It had been three days. He was going to explode, being impatient and bored. He had almost gone to confront Buffy the night before, but hen her face popped in his head. Her being so sad as she stabbed his grandsire. She needed to recooperate. A sane, well minded, slayer was his best bet at getting him home.

Just then, Buffy burst in. His head snapped up in her direction.

She scrunched up her nose. “You live here?”

“Yeh, luv, fraid so. It’s right nice in the future. Got furniture and everything. Even have the telly.” He said all this with pride.

“I’m sure you’re eager to get back to it. I didn’t forget about you.”

Spike hopped off the sarcophagus. “So, the scoobies are ready to roll?”

She nodded. “They’re at the library. The gang’s kinda wondering what for.”

“You didn’t tell them?”

She sighed. “I don’t know how. What would I say? ‘Hey, we’re gonna help Spike. Yeah, the vampire who wanted to kill us four days ago. But this one’s from the future.’ ”

“Well, they always did say seeing is believing.”

“Come on, let’s go get this over with.”

They ventured out into the graveyard. He was surprised when she handed him a stake. It brought a smile to his mouth.

“We might meet a few fangy friends,” she explained.

“It has been pretty active out here lately,” he agreed.

She turned in amazement. “You’ve been patrolling? By yourself?”

He shrugged. “What else is there to do? Besides, need to release all that built-up energy somewhere.”

Giving him a peculiar look, she replied,” Uh. . . right.”

The couple went on. Suddenly, a green creature hurdled at Buffy. She was caught off-guard, her stake flying out of her hand.

Spike was about to go help when another one came at him. It had piercing, glowing red eyes. Pale green fins ran down its back. He fought the demon, while Buffy battled her own.

The thing snarled, trying to swipe at Spike. “Don’t think so.”

Spike kicked the demon in the stomach. It stumbled back. Spike reacted by moving to break his neck. He did with not too much trouble.

After killing the monster, Spike spun to see how Buffy was doing. She was busy blocking the demon’s attacks.

Spike’s eyes widened as sharp claws patruded from the demon’s fingers. It was preparing ot strike.

Without thinking, Spike crashed into the demon before it could hurt Buffy. The demon was knocked away from her. It scrambled to its feet again, then charged at Spike. The demon ended up scratching him. Its nails tore through his t-shirt, digging into his chest.

Buffy sneaked up behind the demon. She cracked his neck. She looked over at Spike. He was doubled over.

“It wasn’t that bad, it’ll heal,” she told him, coming closer.

He collapsed to the ground. Surprise, Buffy knelt beside him. He winced in pain.

Tearing his shirt, she examined the wound. “I don’t understand, it’s not deep.”

“Elctra demon. Poisoness,” he rasped. “Even to vampires.”

She gaped. “What? Why would you do that? Why would you pust it away, knowing it would scratch you instead?”

Spike smiled, weakly. He reached up and touched her face. “You haven’t figured it out yet?” He swallowed. “I love you.”

With that, the vampire fell unconscious.

___________________________________________________
That was a fun chapter to write. I hope you all enjoyed it.

 
 
ch 11 by SinisterChic
 
The Time Spinners

By Heather Martin

Summary- Things get a little twisted when the chip-Spike switches places with the chip-less. Can our do-gooder Spike keep Buffy and the gang from killing him? And can Buffy keep the old Spike from dancing herself back to heaven?

Rating- NC17

Disclaimer- None of the characters belong to me. They’re Joss Whedon’s property.

Spoilers- A TON for Becoming part II! Will have some from the second season to the present sixth.

This happens after Older and Far Away. It also occurs during and after Becoming part II.

Chapter 11- Slipping Away

Synopsis/ The past Spike is on a mission to do away with the slayer. The 1998 Buffy makes a decision on what to do with her poisoned rescuer./

 
February 17, 2002

Spike found a shotgun in a trunk. He loaded it with some bullets that were accompanied next to it. Now all he had to find was the target.

Pulling his duster on and grabbing the gun, he left the crypt. He headed toward the Summers house. This was going to be a blast. He bet she hadn’t even considered the possibility that he might go after her. No, she was too teary-eyed about missing her pathetic loser vamp.

All his dreams were going to come true. He would bag his third slayer. That’d show Dru. She couldn’t tell him Buffy was covering him if she was gone.

The residence was dark, and he wondered if anyone were even there. He got his answer, however, when Buffy came out. He watched as she shut her door, stuffing a couple stakes in her coat. She went down the steps, surveying the land. To his surprise she didn’t seem to sense him behind the tree. Must be preoccupied, he thought.

Buffy began to walk down the street. Then she stopped. “Dammit,” she mumbled. She turned around, going the other way.

Spike was intrigued. Where was she off to? It was the opposite way to the cemetery. Skulking, he followed her, keeping his distance.

Finally, Buffy reached her destination. He could have broke down laughing. The buturer shop. She was getting blood for someone ready to blow her brains out. Very rich indeed.

Buffy came back carrying a paper bag. She traveled along, Spike behind her, unnoticed.

They ended up at the cemetery. He kept in the shadows as she dusted three vampires. She’d gotten extremely better. Yet, she seemed uninterested, bored even.

After slaying, she set the sack down. She settled down on a tombstone to take a break.

This was his opportunity. Time to do away with the bitch. He raised the gun, taking aim. “This is for ruining my fucking unlife, sweetheart,” he whispered.

That was when he heard her. She had started to cry. He lowered the gun, and stared out at her. She had her face hidden in her hands.

Bloody hell, wanker, just take the weapon and pull the trigger. He tried again. He brought the gun back up.

“Spike!?”

He closed his eyes, cursing.

“Spike, are you out there!?”

Buffy was on her feet. She looked around, searching for his form.

Spike discarded the gun. He took off then to his crypt.

It wasn’t long after he arrived, that Buffy did. She came in, not kicking the door in, but still forceful. He stepped up to him. “Have you been following me?” she demanded.

She wasn’t mad, just wanting to know. Spike cleared his throat. “No, slayer, I’ve been sittin here watchin the telly.” He pointed to the program displayed on the television.

Buffy had an unconvinced expression on her face. Deciding not to pressure him further, she let it go. She held up the bag. “I brought you dinner,” she informed.

“Very kind of you. Now leave,” he instructed.

Not expecting that, she stuttered,” What?”

“I said, leave!” he shouted.

Buffy put the blood on the sarcophagus. “Oh. . . kay,” she said. She gave him a final look before going out.

Spike punched the wall in anger. What was wrong with him?

All right, he told himself, you couldn’t do it tonight. That doesn’t mean you won’t. He would kill her, he just needed time to prepare.

May 13, 1998
Buffy gawked down at Spike, a man she didn’t know. She had known a ruthless monster, not the person before her. Not someone who would die for her.

The way he had looked at her when whispering of love. Could it be? But he was a vampire, he had no soul. Only a chip. Would that cause him to feel compassion?

Her eyes stung. “I’m going to save you,” she murmured. It was suddenly very important that she did.

Buffy hoisted him up into her arms. Thank God for slayer strength. She noticed he was cold, not corpse cold, freezing. That couldn’t be good.

Hurrying as fast as possible, she carried him to the library. Giles will know what to do, he will be able to help, she thought. Actually it was more like a prayer, than confidence.

She burst inside the doors. The slayerettes turned their heads as she entered.

“Buffy. . .?” Willow gasped when she took in Spike.

Xander stood up. He pointed at the wounded vampire. “Why is he here!?”

Buffy laid Spike on the table. “He’s hurt,” she said.

“Yet again, I ask why he is here,” Xander replied.

The commotion caught Giles’ attention. He came in from his office. His eyes widened at the sight before him. “Dear lord!” he exclaimed.

Buffy raised her head. She was very relieved to see him. “I need a spell or something. He’s been poisoned by a demon,” she told him.

“Buffy, what is going on here? Why would you bring Spike, even if he is dying?” her watcher questioned.

She took in a deep breath, gathering control. “He saved my life.”

Laughter came from Xander. “Good one, Buff. Spike saving your life.”

A glare was sent his way. “He did. This is not the Spike we know.”

“Buffy, I want to believe you,” said Willow. “But, it was only a couple days ago that he was wanting to kill us.”

“Not for him. This Spike came from four years in the future. He’s different, changed. Sure, he can be annoying, but. . .”

Giles took off his glasses. He began to clean the lenses. “I’m not sure this is likely, Buffy. I have never came across any text about time travel.”

“But, but he’s got a chip. He can’t hurt anyone with it,” she put in.

Interest filled Giles. “Have you seen it work?”

Buffy sighed. “No, he just told me.”

“There ya go! He told you that to trick you. He wanted you to trust him so that he could kill you,” Xander said.

The slayer shook her head. “No, why would he push me out of the way then?”

“Uhh. . .”

“And you should have seen him when. . .He wanted to save me, Xander, I know he did.”

“Wait!”

All eyes fixed on the librarian who had spoken. He stepped closer, examining Spike.

“I remember something. When I was at the mansion he came to talk to me. He apologized. He told me he was sorry about letting Drusilla play mind games with me, but Angelus would have killed me otherwise.” He spun toward Buffy. “My God, I thought it strange.”
Buffy smiled. “He was a lot nicer, huh?”

Willow studied the bleach blond vampire. “He looks. . . dead . Really dead.”

“No, he’s not! He’d be dust if he was.” Her head whipped to Xander. “You, go gather as many demonology and magic books as you can. We need to find out about an Elk. . . Elctra demon. And a healing spell, we need one of those.”

Xander went to get them without protest.

A hand touched her shoulder. She shifted her gaze to whoever it was. It was Giles.

“Buffy, do you think this is wise? He is still a vampire. This chip he speaks of, it might stop working at any time,” he told her.

Her eyes met his. “He saved my life, Giles.”

The watcher nodded, understanding.

_________________________________________

Thanks everybody for the reviews! Hope you enjoyed the chapter. I’ll try to get the next one out as soon as possible.

 
 
ch 12 by SinisterChic
 
The Time Spinners

By Heather Martin

Summary- Things get a little twisted when the chip-Spike switches places with the chip-less. Can our do-gooder Spike keep Buffy and the gang from killing him? And can Buffy keep the old Spike from dancing herself back to heaven?

Rating- NC17

Disclaimer- None of the characters belong to me. They’re Joss Whedon’s property.

Spoilers- A TON for Becoming part II! Will have some from the second season to the present sixth.

This happens after Older and Far Away. It also occurs during and after Becoming part II.

Chapter 12- Into Nothing

Synopsis/ The Spike stuck in 2002 battles with his little emotional conflict dealing with the slayer. Meanwhile, in 1998 Buffy takes charge. /

 
February 18, 2002

Spike stood outside the Summers’ home. He leaned against the tree in their front yard, smoking a cigarette. His eyes kept focused on Buffy’s lit window.

She’d been haunting him all day. He couldn’t even go to sleep. Every time he closed his eyes her face would pop in his head. Giving up, he sat in bed and pondered on how to do away with her. He crossed off burning. The teen might be inside, and he had nothing against her. Beheading would be fun, bug too messy. He could always bite her, except she’d put up a good fight. The gun still seemed the best resort. Quick, clean, and easy. It would be done before she knew what hit her.

Now all he had to do was find the right time to make his move.

Spike was so involved in thought that he didn’t sense someone approach. A hand touched his shoulder. Startled, he dropped his cigarette. He spun around to come face-to-face with Dawn.

She grinned up at him. “Did I sneak up on the big bad?”

“I was distracted,” he defended.

Her grin broadened. She pointed to Buffy’s window. “Did it have to do with a certain slayer?”

A growl escaped Spike. “I’m not stalking your sis.”

She put her hands on her hips. “I never said you were.”

“Now look, I was passing through and. . .”

Dawn held up a hand for him to stop. “I won’t tell,” she promised.

“Thanks ever so, but I wasn’t . . .”

She laughed. “Sure,” she said, sarcastically.

Spike sighed. “I better be off then. Got things to do.”

“Okay,” she agreed. She began to walk away. Then she stopped and turned back. “She likes heroics.”

“Huh?” he asked, confused.

“You know, saving her life and doing the good. Lurking in her yard isn’t going to cut it. Didn’t work last time.”

Spike lifted an eyebrow. “Last time?”

“Oh yeah. You were about to give her candy and everything. Let me give you some advice, chaining up your love is a major turn-off.”

His lips formed a smirk. If she only knew why he was really there, plotting a murder and all.

“I’ll keep that in mind, bit,” he told her.

There was a high pitched squeal. Then a body rammed into him. Arms wrapped around his waist.

His body stiffened. “What the bloody hell are you doing!?”

Dawn pulled away. Her face showed hat she was a little embarrassed. “Sorry, it’s just. . . I missed you. The Spike who calls me nibblet and is obsessed with my sister.”

“I am not obsess with your big sis!” he said forcefully. Why did it sound unconvincing?

Dawn smiled again. “Bye, Spike, I’ll be seeing you later. Maybe you can help me out on my Hamlet report.”

I am not a poofter. I do not like kids, I eat them for breakfast. I kill slayers, not love them. He chanted this as he briskly strolled down the street. Just to prove all this to himself, when a girl came into view he decided to feed. The warm coppery taste of blood would drown his worries and set him straight.

He approached the blond. “Hello, cutie,” he greeted.

The girl looked over. “H-Hi,” she stammered.

He was overcome by her intense green eyes. And her hair, it was like the way Buffy had her hair in 1998. Knock out of it, this is a good thing, he told himself. A good opportunity to pretend it’s her. It’ll set you up for the real thing.

Spike inched toward her. “Are you scared of me?” he whispered.

The girl shook her head.

He grinned. “You should be.”

His features transformed into wrinkles. The blues of his eyes became a hideous gold. The girl screamed and backed away. He grabbed her shoulders, preventing her from fleeing.

Spike let his mind acknowledged this girl as the slayer. He opened his mouth, prepared to strike.

A tiny whimper came from the girl. She struggled in his grip. He looked into those green eyes once more. She was no longer protesting, offering herself willingly to him. Acceptance could be seen in her gaze.

Spike stepped away, letting go. He went out of game face. His head was spinning.

“Cor, you’re just like her,” he muttered.

She stared at him with curiosity.

“Go, get away from me!” he yelled.

She obeyed, running down the alley.

He slid down the brick wall of a building near him, until he was sitting. He leaned his head back.

At that moment he admitted it to himself. Buffy was covering him. Hell, she was inside him too. She was tearing him apart. He couldn’t even be William the Bloody anymore. So who was he?

May 13, 1998

“Elctra demon,” Giles quoted. “A deep green color, with light green scales adorning its back. The creature possesses the ability to extend razor sharp claws when in danger. The enemy is poisoned immediately after the skin is broken. Results include a coma-like state.” He glanced over at the sleeping vampire. Then he went back to his book. “The victim’s mind is pushed into the very depth of subconsciousness. Meanwhile, the venom secreted by the Elctra takes its toll. It diminishes energy a little bit at a time, until none is left. This amount of time varies. In most cases it was around six to seven hours.” Giles stopped to take a breath.

Buffy leaned forward. “Ok, not much time then. Does it mention a cure?” she eagerly inquired.

“Uhh. . . “ He scanned the page. “Actually, yes, it does talk about survivors.”

“Let’s hear them,” the slayer said.

“One was healed, however. . . their mind was not.”

“Huh?” Buffy asked.

Giles pushed his glasses further on his nose. He looked up. “They were stuck in this dream-land that the poison created. A sort of paradise. It describes how the person would be awake, but not in reality. They didn’t react to any stimulus, and mumbled incoherent sentences.”

“So, he’s gonna be crazy, huh? Like dissociated from reality?”

Giles nodded. “I’m afraid so. There is a theory, though. The author thinks that the poison draws the victim deeper into fantasy world as it progresses. If they were to be coaxed out before being consumed by it they might be saved.”

“How do we do that?” Buffy asked.
“I. . . I’m not sure,” he replied.

“I might know a way.”

Their eyes went to Willow, who had meekly spoken. The red-head smiled slightly. “I know this spell. . .”

“What?” Giles questioned.

“Yeah, um, I sort of went through some magic books one day. I’m sorry, Giles, I know I shouldn’t have,” she confessed.

The librarian frowned. “Willow, the dark arts are very dangerous.”

Willow nodded. “I know, but they can do good. They don’t have to be so dark. I gave Angel’s soul back, that wasn’t bad.”

Buffy looked down at the floor. Angel. She felt like crying, but this wasn’t the time.

“You don’t know what can happen if a spell is misperformed,” Giles informed.

“So, what, we should let Spike die?”

Beside her, Xander spoke up. “Why shouldn’t we? He’s a vampire. I say the less of them, the better.”

Buffy’s head whipped to the side. “If it wasn’t for him I would have died!”

“He made his choice, and it was to die. He’s willing.”

Buffy’s eyes flared. “That’s real cold!” she exclaimed.

She stood up, and surveyed her friends. “I don’t care how Spike acted before. He may have fought us, but he never killed anyone. And he’s different now, trust me. So, we’re going to listen to Willow. If this spell sounds workable, we’re taking it into consideration.” She turned to Willow. “Tell me what you know.”

Willow cleared her throat. “It involves someone going into another’s mind. If we can send a person into Spike, it might be possible to pull him out of the pretend universe. Then we can perform a healing spell.”

“Ok, I’ll do it,” Buffy offered.

“But. . .”

“There’s a but?”

“Yeah. You could. . . get lost. You might get sucked into the illusion, think it’s real.”

There was a long pause. Finally Buffy said,” I’ll do it.”

“What, are you nuts!?” Xander shrieked. “This is Spike. Spike equals vampire.”

“I’m the slayer, I help people no matter what the cost.”

He stared in shock. “Spike is not a person!”

Her voice came out in a soft whisper. “I’m not sure if that’s true anymore.”

Giles intervened. “I can’t let you do this, Buffy.”

She met his gaze. “I have to.”

“Think about what you’re doing.” He gestured to Spike. “This may be a helpless vampire, but he’s still a vampire. I can’t have you risking your life for him.”

“He risked his for mine.”

“The whole reason why you shouldn’t risk yours. Both of you might parish this way.”
“I know, but I couldn’t go on with the fact that I could have done something and didn’t. Especially when. . .” She sighed. “He loves me.”

A gasp came from Willow. “Are you sure?”

“He can’t, he doesn’t have a soul,” Xander said.

“You should have seen him. He looked into my eyes and told me he loved me. There was no regret in giving up his life. He only cared that I was okay,” Buffy told them.

Watching Buffy, Giles became frightened. The way she had spoken.

“Buffy, you don’t have feelings for him, do you?” her watcher questioned.

“Of course not!” Buffy defended.

He was greatly relived. “Sorry, I just. . .”

“I’m still getting over Angel.” She took a deep breath. “And I can’t forget what Spike did to us. But I owe it to him to try and help. He deserves it for what he did for me.”

“If you do this, I’m not letting you stay long.”

Buffy spun to Willow. “Get what you need.”

The newly practicing witch did just that.

________________________________________________________

Sorry, I meant to get this out sooner. You see, I was worried about my mom, though. She had to have tests done today to see what was wrong with her. It could have been something serious, like cancer even, but fortunately it wasn’t. Just a minor thing that can be cured with pills. : ) So, I’m all in good spirits to send this out. Good for you guys, cuz if something was really wrong, there wouldn’t have been a chapter for a very long time. Anyways, I have the next part started already, so that might be up tomorrow.

 
 
 
 
 
 
ch 13 by SinisterChic
 
The Time Spinners

By Heather Martin

Summary- Things get a little twisted when the chip-Spike switches places with the chip-less. Can our do-gooder Spike keep Buffy and the gang from killing him? And can Buffy keep the old Spike from dancing herself back to heaven?

Rating- NC17

Disclaimer- None of the characters belong to me. They’re Joss Whedon’s property.

Spoilers- A TON for Becoming part II! Will have some from the second season to the present sixth.

This happens after Older and Far Away. It also occurs during and after Becoming part II.

Chapter 13- Desire

Synopsis/ Buffy goes into Spike’s fantasy world. Then, in 2002, Spike and Buffy face their feelings. /

 
May 13, 1998

They carefully moved Spike to the floor. Willow instructed Buffy to lay down beside him. Buffy complied, feeling a little awkward.

Xander handed Willow items as she chanted. She walked around Buffy and Spike in a circle.

Mind to body
Body to soul
What is lost is found
What is real is gone

A sinking sensation came over Buffy, like she was seeking into the floor. Darkness filled her vision. The next thing she knew, someone was kissing her forehead.

“Morning, sunshine.” She recognized that voice, it was definitely British.

She realized her eyes were closed, and fluttered them open. A bleached-blond man came into view. His hair was disheveled, and he was only wearing blue boxers. He smiled down on her from his seat next to her.

“There you are, luv, fraid you’d sleep all day.”

Buffy managed to sit up. She became aware of the window, which allowed light to stream through the blinds. She gasped, turning back to Spike. Then she took in his tanned skin. “You’re not burning up,” she observed vocally.

A chuckle escaped him. “No need to tease me about that nasty sunburn.”

Buffy blinked. “What?”

Spike leaned down. His lips took her so much by surprise that she didn’t have time to resist. He pulled back. “Lay off now, it’s almost healed. It was your fault anyways, not wanting to leave and all. Anyone ever told you that more than three hours on the beach is bad?”

Her mouth parted in a gape.

There was a knock on the door. “Buffy? Spike? Breakfast is ready,” someone called.

Spike stood up off the bed. “We’ll be right down, Joyce.”

What, he lived her? In her house, with her mother?
She watched him as he grabbed a pair of jeans to wear. They were followed a green t-shirt.

Buffy struggled to get to her feet. As she did so, she gasped. Her stomach was. . . round. Her hand went to it in shock. “I’m pregnant?” she muttered.

Spike came over. His arms wrapped around her. “We’ve known for five months and it’s still hard to believe, I know.” He smiled at her.

She shook her head. “This isn’t real, Spike. You made this all up.”

He began to nuzzle her neck. “It is too good to be true.”

With a slight push, she got him off her. “Listen to me, we have to. . .”

“Buffy, Spike, get your butts down here!” came a young female voice. “I’m going to eat all the muffins if you don’t!”

Whoever had yelled that was unfamiliar to Buffy.

Spike tugged on her arm. “Better get down there before nibblet gets all the food,” he expressed.

Taken by confusion, she let him lead her downstairs. Entering the kitchen, she became aware of her mother and a teenage girl.

“Finally,” said the girl. “What were you two doing up there? Was it something I can’t know about?”

“Dawn!” Joyce scolded.

“Mom, I know where babies come from, they must by doing the nasty now and then.”

Spike laughed. “No, bit, we weren’t doing anything indecent.” He whispered for only Buffy to hear, “We did that last night.”

Her eyes widened. What a world he had here. Who would have guessed that he longed for a family. With her.

They all went into the dining room. Buffy kept a curious eye on Dawn. She was her sister. A strange, yet comforting feeling.

“So, what do you two plan on doing today?” Joyce asked the couple.

Spike swallowed some bacon. “We’re going too look at houses,” he informed.

“Be sure to get one with three bedrooms. I want at least on more grandchild before you’re done.”

Buffy’s head spun as she listened to the conversation. They were a normal, happy family. She almost wished it were real.

“Luv, are you all right? You’ve hardly eaten a thing. You know vitamins are essential for the baby. At least eat the eggs, they have lots of protein.” Spike had an expression of concern on his face.

She took in a deep breath. “Spike, we have to talk.”

Total worry came over him. He set down his fork. “Okay, Buffy, let’s go into the living room.”

Both of them left the table for the couch. Buffy didn’t want to look at him. This was going to shatter his dreams. For some reason that hurt her.

“What is it?” Spike questioned.

“This whole thing was made up. You’re not human, you’re still a. . .”

A gasp escaped her. Spike touched her arm. “Pet, what is wrong?”

There it was again, a jab in her stomach. Her fingers rested over the spot. She stared down in amazement. “Oh my God. Something is alive in there.”

“Maybe you should lie down,” Spike suggested.

She shook her head. She met his gaze. Tears shimmered in her eyes. “We’re having a baby,” she murmured.

A radiant grin spread over his lips. He moved closer, kissing her softly. It was so right. Her arms went around him, never wanting this to end.

That was when everything from the outside slipped away. All that was left was the world Spike had created for them.

February 19, 2002

Spike walked the cemetery, trying to clear his head. He was so mixed up. He no longer knew who he was anymore. His whole identity had blown away in the wind.

Just then the very person he dreaded to find came into view. She was twirling a stake, coming closer. She halted when she saw him.

“Spike.”

“Slayer.”

“What do you want, Spike?”

He growled. “I want to fight.”

She sighed. She stuffed the stake into her pocket. “Fine, if that’s what you want.”

Spike charged at her. She was ready for him and blocked his swing. The matched each other’s strength and agility. Adrenaline flowed, frustration breaking free.

Buffy sent a kick in his side. He savored the pain that shot through him.

Spike hit her in the face. Her head threw back. “I hate you!” he spat. He punched again. “I hate you for making me love you!”

She ducked his next blow. She sent her own. “I hate you too! You make me hate myself because. . .” Her foot met his stomach. “I love you!”

He regained his balance. A smirk appeared on his mouth. “I tried to stop.”

“So did I,” she answered.

They stepped toward each other until only an inch separated them. He could feel her hot breath and beating heart.

“Buffy.”

“Spike.”

Their lips locked. Arms wrapped around the other. They stumbled into a tombstone. A minute later, both were on the ground. Limbs tangled together.

Buffy sensed his coolness, and him her sizzling skin. Hands were everywhere.

Panting, Spike gasped out,” Oh, Buffy, I want you.”

She moaned. “Take me then, I’m yours.”

So he did. They made love amongst the graves, in the depth of darkness.

_______________________________________________

Well, he he he, there you have it. Now, I just want to say that right now these times are separate from each other. But, when the past Spike gets sent home, well he can very well change things now can’t he. : ) Hint hint hint.

 
 
 
 
ch 14 by SinisterChic
 
The Time Spinners
By Heather Martin
Summary- Things get a little twisted when the chip-Spike switches places with the chip-less. Can our do-gooder Spike keep Buffy and the gang from killing him? And can Buffy keep the old Spike from dancing herself back to heaven?
Rating- NC17
Disclaimer- None of the characters belong to me. They’re Joss Whedon’s property.
Spoilers- A TON for Becoming part II! Will have some from the second season to the present sixth.
This happens after Older and Far Away. It also occurs during and after Becoming part II.
Chapter 14- Shadowed Dreams
Synopsis/ Buffy is caught up in the fantasy./
 
May 13, 1998
Buffy and Spike spent the day house shopping. She was truly happy (like everyday with her husband, that she could remember). Still, something nagged at her, but she couldn’t seem to put her finger on it. She tried to push it aside, focusing on the task of finding a suitable home.
Finally they found it. A white, 2 story. The porch had a swinging bench that she absolutely fell in love with it. The living room had a fireplace. She imagined many cold nights snuggled against Spike, staring at the flames while drinking cocoa. There were three bedrooms, and two bathrooms. The kitchen was furnished with a dishwasher, lazy Susan, and island.
Buffy turned to Spike. Her face glowed. “We need to get it,” she declared.
His arm went around her. “My thoughts exactly, luv.” He kissed her temple.
“Everything is perfect,” she told him. Too perfect, her mind added silently.
* + * + * +*
Spike lay down in bed next to Buffy. She shifted so she was right up against him. Her head rested on his chest.
His fingers combed through her hair. “I want this moment to last forever. Just like this.”
A smile crept on her face. “Mmm hmm,” she breathed.
“I love you, Buffy,” he whispered.
“I . . .” She lifted her head to look at him. His crystal blue eyes shimmered back. “You know what, Spike? I do too.” It seemed weird to say it, like she hadn’t known until then. But that couldn’t be, he was her husband. Right?
Spike pressed his lips to hers. She allowed his tongue passage. The act was sweet and soft. It sent warm fuzzies down her body.
Suddenly a thought entered her brain. “Who’s patrolling?” she asked.
“What, luv?”
“Patrolling. Dusting vampires. In the cemetery. With a stake.”
He frowned. “There are no vampires, Buffy.” He sounded as if he was trying to convince himself.
“Yes, there are. And it’s my job to do away with them. I’m the slayer.” She sat up. Her eyes were huge with realization. “I’m the slayer,” she repeated.
He shook his head. “There’s no such thing.”
“Spike, that’s what there is. Not. . .” Her hand gestured around them. “This.”
He shook his head again, this time violently. “No! We’re married, and we’re having a baby.”
With sympathy, she said,” That isn’t real.”
He ignored her. “Joyce is alive, and Dawn isn’t the key. I’m human.”
“I’m sorry,” Buffy choked.
“There is not hellmouth or vampires,” he rambled on.
Tears stung her eyes. She wanted that to be true so bad.
Desperate, he muttered, “You love me. We have a family. I’m wanted and needed.”
Buffy closed her eyes. “Oh God, I’m sorry.”
There was a lingering silence. She opened her eyes to see nothing. Blackness surrounded her.
Beside her, there was a movement. “Why couldn’t you leave me be?”
Buffy spun to face him. She could barely make out his form. “You are dying, Spike. Come back with me. To the real world.”
He sighed. “I would have died happy.”
“Spike . . .”
“You want to know what my real life is like. What I have to go back to?”
She caught herself nodding. “Show me.”
Things changed then. She stood outside the Bronze. Before her were herself and Spike. She watched in interest.
“Get out of my sight! Now!” Buffy demanded.
“Oh, did I scare ya? You’re the slayer, do somethin’ about it. Hit me. Come on, one good swing. You know you want to,” Spike provoked.
Buffy stepped forward. “I mean it.”
“So do I . Give it to me good, Buffy. Do it!”
Tension rose up between them.
“Spike. . . “ Buffy squeaked out.
Spike leaned toward her. She recoiled in horror. “What the hell are you doing?” she shrieked.
He grabbed her arms. “Come on, I can feel it, slayer. You know you want to dance.”
“Say it’s true. Say I do want to.” She shoved him to the pavement. “It would never be you, Spike. It would never be you.” She threw a wad of money at him. “You’re beneath me.”
Buffy walked off. Spike was left in the dark alley. He fought back sobs as he collected the bills.
The 1998 Buffy was startled when her Spike came up. “You cried?” She had never seen him in a weakened state like that.
“Yeh, I did. Not ashamed of it anymore either,” he told her.
“You were about to kiss me?”
“Well, yeh.”
“I’m sorry, Spike,” she whispered.
“Don’t get like that. I wasn’t particularly pleasing that night. I had just got done tellin’ how I killed my two slayers. Then I got you all worked up. It was my fault.”
“Well, I can understand me getting angry if you told my about your conquests. But saying I was beneath you . . .”
He held up his right hand. “Please don’t,” he begged.
“Okay. Any more to show me?”
“Plenty.”
They were walking down Revello Drive. Spike was by her side.
“You can’t just walk away from this!” Spike exclaimed.
“What part of punching you in the face do you not understand?” Buffy questioned.
He sighed. “So we had a fight. It’s not our first, luv. It doesn’t change anything.”
Turning with anger, she sputtered,” It changes everything, Spike! I want you out. I want you out of this town, I want you off this planet! You don’t come near me, my friends, or my family again. Ever! Understand?”
Spike followed her to the Summers’ steps. “No, it’s not that easy. We have something, Buffy. It’s not pretty, but it’s real, and there’s nothing either one of us can do about it.”
The door was opened by Buffy. She entered, and faced Spike.
“Like it or not, I’m in your life, you can’t just shut me out,” he went on.
He was stopped from venturing forward. He gave her a confused look. Buffy’s expression was grim. Then the door slammed in his face.
The two watchers stood on the porch after the scene ended.
“There had to have been a reason for that. You aren’t showing me everything,” Buffy complained.
A smirk came on his face. “True, pet, but that would be against me.”
“So, this is propaganda? Just show me what will get me on your side. Tell me, Spike, what happened before? Why did I revoke your entrance?’ She put her hands on her hips, demanding an answer.
He seemed slightly embarrassed. “You see . . . I was a little desperate . . .”
“Just spit it out.”
“I chained you up.”
“What!?” she shrieked.
“You wouldn’t listen otherwise.”
“This isn’t gaining you any brownie points. Prove to me you have changed. Isn’t that what you want?”
He shook his head. “No, that’s not what I want. Well, yes, but . . . Oh bugger it.”
The location changed to a well furnished room. On a bed lay Spike. A woman crawled ontop of him. She peered down. “Maybe there’s something on the inside.” Her finger trust inside his middle. It twisted making Spike writhe in pain.
“What can I dig out of you, precious?” the female commented.
Buffy’s eyes widened. Things faded, being replaced with a gloomy mausoleum. Spike sat on a stone sarcophagus. Nasty wounds covered his body. An interested her stared intently at him.
“Cause Buffy. . . the other not so pleasant Buffy. . . if anything’s happen to Dawn, it’d destroy her. I couldn’t live, her bein’ in that much pain. Let Glory kill me first. Nearly bloody did.”
It all vanished. She was back in the dark with Spike.
“You were going to let that woman. . . or whatever she was torture you to death?” Her voice cracked.
“Buffy, I’d do anything for you.” He gave a faint smile. It warmed her, sending sparks down her spine.
Spike cleared his throat, glancing away. “I have one more thing to show you.”
Buffy emerged at her house. She was going up the stairs. Spike stood at the bottom as she did.
“I know you’ll never love me,” he said.
She paused, turning back to him.
“I know I’m a monster. But you treat me like a man, and that’ s . . .”
Buffy was in the dark again. Her mouth parted at what he had said. She felt him at her side.
“You see, none of it matters, all the good I’ve done,” he whispered. “So, let me stay in my little universe, slayer, it’s better than what I really have to go through. One less big bad to worry about anyway.”
Eyes flaring, she spun. “How can you say that!?”
Sadness illuminated in his gaze. “I’ll always be a monster. That’s all I’ll ever be, I can’t change it.” He let out a deep sigh.
A hand reached up to his indented cheek. “That’s not true,” the slayer murmured. “I’ve seen monsters. Hell, I saw Spike the monster a couple days ago. You, are ‘not’ one. I see a man who would give his life for me.” With that, she pressed her lips to his. It was a soft kiss of thanks, like after he faced Glory. Not full of passion, but there was still something there.
Breaking away, she met him straight on. “Now, come back with me,” she commanded.
Spike took the hand she offered him. A grin spread over his mouth. A’right, pet.”
There was a flash of light, and they were pulled out of their obscurity.
___________________________________________
Sorry, I really did mean to get this out sooner. Uh. . . I really don’t have an excuse. But, I am in the mood to write after typing this out, so hey, I’ll get some more down on paper prolly tonight. ;)
 
 
 
ch 15 by SinisterChic
 
The Time Spinners

By Heather Martin

Summary- Things get a little twisted when the chip-Spike switches places with the chip-less. Can our do-gooder Spike keep Buffy and the gang from killing him? And can Buffy keep the old Spike from dancing herself back to heaven?

Rating- NC17

Disclaimer- None of the characters belong to me. They’re Joss Whedon’s property.

Spoilers- A TON for Becoming part II! Will have some from the second season to the present sixth.

This happens after Older and Far Away. It also occurs during and after Becoming part II.

Chapter 15- Rude Awakening

Synopsis/ All Buffys and Spikeys have a very interesting awakening./

February 20, 2002

Buffy awoke feeling very content. She turned her head, finding out why. Spike was snoozing peacefully next to her. She snuggled closer to him. She had missed his touch so much. That night had been . . . well, wonderful. And surprisingly, not very violent. This was chipless Spike, and still he was more gentle than the chipped had been. Could it be because she had told him she loved him? Was that what made the difference?

Her fingers lightly traced his perfectly sculpted cheekbone. A smile formed on her lips. He was so beautiful. She had never met a man that filled her with so much desire before. She longed for him to wake up. The spot between her legs burned for another go.

Then she took in where they were. The cemetery still surrounded them. She lifted her gaze to the sky. There was a hint of the approaching morning. Her eyes widened. She took a hand and shook the vampire beside her. “Spike, wake up!”

He rolled over, not obeying.

She rocked him harder. “You dumbass! Do you want to burn up? The sun’s rising!”

That did it. His eyes opened and he shot up. He grabbed the slayer’s hand, pulling her. “Let’s go to my crypt.”

She let him drag her inside his dark dwelling. She heard him give a sigh of relief, knowing he had escaped the coming rays. Her brain processed what had happened, and she burst out laughing.

Spike glared. “S’ not funny,” he told her.

That made her laugh more. She pointed at him.

“What?” he asked, annoyed.

“You. . . left your. . .” She fought for control. “Clothes outside.” She held up her retrieved garments, that she managed to get before dashing inside.

Spike looked down at himself. Sure enough, he was butt-naked. He smirked, focusing back on her. “I was too busy worry’n about Mr. Sunshine.” He stepped forward. “This isn’t exactly a problem, slayer.” His voice was deep and hungry. He brought her smashing against him.

A moan escaped her lips, sensing his growing erection. She roamed to his ass, pushing him closer. “No, it’s not,” she agreed.

Somehow they were able to make it to the bed.

* + * + * +*

Buffy and Spike lay exhausted in his silken sheets. They had gone through a couple rounds, and couldn’t go anymore.

Buffy suddenly sat up. She met Spike’s eyes. Realization was shown on her features. “What are you going to do when I leave?”

Confusion crossed his face. “I don’t know, why?”

She swallowed. “You don’t have anything holding you back.”

Comprehension came over him. “Oh, you’re afraid I’m gonna go get myself a happy meal,” he stated.

“I just . . . Spike, you are a killer. It’s in your instincts, it’s what you’re meant to do. Now I have to know, are you going to feed off people?”

There was a long silence. Finally, Spike said, “I dunno.”

She raised an eyebrow. “You don’t know? Well I suggest you figure it out. I have to know if I can love you or not. Because, I can’t be with a murderer, got it? It’s against who I am.”

“Well, your do gooder ways are against who I am. Are you suggesting I go against my nature?” Spike questioned. He raised himself up on his elbow, staring at her intently.

“Yes,” she replied. “If you want to be with me, yes.”

Spike sat up. He nodded. “I can’t pretend to care about any of the pathetic humans walkin’ around. But I love you. So, I’ll try to control myself,” he informed.

It wasn’t satisfactory, she knew. He was still a beast at bay. But, she cared about him so much, and she didn’t think that she could go another day without him. “That’ll do. For now.”
With that, Buffy leaned over to kiss him.

May 13, 1998

Buffy blinked. She saw her friends gather round. She moaned, struggling to sit up.

“Buffy, you’re awake,” Willow confirmed.

“Yeah, I’m awake,” she muttered, groggily. Alertness took over when she remembered what happened. Her head flung to the side. Spike lay there, unmoving, eyes shut.

Her hand came to rest on his shoulder. She looked at Willow. “Why isn’t he waking up?”

Giles frowned. “He was coming back with you?”

“Yes, I convinced him to,” she explained.

“Buffy, it’s been all most six hours. I think it’s too late for him to come back even if he wanted to,” he watcher expressed.

The words filled her with dread. They sunk deep, cutting into her chest. She shook her head. “No,” she protested. Her eyes widened. “He just needs a healthy body to come back to. We need to do the healing spell.”

Xander came over. “This is insane. Give up, already.”

Her menacing gaze made him take a step back. “I will not give up! I don’t give up, ever! Slayers don’t do that!”

Buffy turned to Willow. “Get all the stuff to do it. Please.”

Willow nodded. She went off to get the magic supplies. Before she did, she saw a pitiful look. And Buffy knew. They all thought she was crazy. She probably was too. But she didn’t care. She couldn’t let him die. Why? she wondered. Because, because he saved my life. Is that all, Buffy? Yes. Then why did you kiss him before? As a gift of thanks. Why on the lips then? Grrr.

Willow came back with an armful of things. She mixed a bowl of herbs. Buffy watched with heaviness. These plants were going to save him? They didn’t make her feel confident.

The witch said a few odd phrases, moving her hands over the blend. Then she went over to Spike. She took a handful of herbs, sprinkling them on him. Some more incoherent words sprang from her mouth. Soon, the entire contents had been spread over Spike.

Willow raised her arms. She lifted her head to the ceiling. “Cantaga conto vuga lago!” After saying that, she jarred out of her magical daze.

All eyes went to Spike. The herbs seemed to evaporate. While doing so, his body began to convulse. Buffy yelped in alarm. “Is this supposed to happen?”

“I . . . I don’t know,” Willow confessed.

Soon Spike jerked less, and then finally stopped. Stillness settled over the room. Not caring what her friends thought, Buffy went over to Spike. She knelt beside him.

She took a hand and gently stirred him. “Spike?” She held her breath in wait. When there was no response, she could feel warm tears fall. She closed her eyes, succumbing to her sorrow. She had failed.

Going into his mind had been for nothing. It only allowed her to see what kind of person he was. Know how much he loved her. God, all it did was make his loss more painful.

Something brushed her tears away. Her eyes came open. She froze, being caught by blue orbs.

“Hello, there,” she heard him say.

Taking a moment to process, she didn’t react at first. But after she did, a huge smile hit her. “Hello, yourself.”

Not being able to stand it anymore, Buffy threw herself at him. “I thought you were gone,” she admitted.

He snorted. “Can’t get rid of me that easy.”

Spike took in their location. He stiffened, also seeing who was around them. There was an audience. “Uh, hello all,” the vampire greeted to a very stunned Giles, Willow, and Xander.

____________________________________________________

Very proud of myself, got this out rather quick. And this is a good chapter, it satisfies my standards. Well, hoped you all liked it too.



 
ch 16 by SinisterChic
 
The Time Spinners

By Heather Martin

Summary- Things get a little twisted when the chip-Spike switches places with the chip-less. Can our do-gooder Spike keep Buffy and the gang from killing him? And can Buffy keep the old Spike from dancing herself back to heaven?

Rating- NC17

Disclaimer- None of the characters belong to me. They’re Joss Whedon’s property.

Spoilers- A TON for Becoming part II! Will have some from the second season to the present sixth.

This happens after Older and Far Away. It also occurs during and after Becoming part II.

Chapter 16- Come What May

Synopsis/ The scoobies react to a healthy Spike from the future. In 2002, Willow discovers how to solve their problem./

May 14, 1998 (early morning)

The scoobies all kept a wary eye on him. He pulled away from Buffy, knowing what they thought. He got to his feet, straightening himself.

“Tell us, why did we just save your ass?” Xander inquired, coldly.

“Bloody hell. Makes me wish the pixie, Nibblet, and even demon girl were here. They’d back me up.”

Buffy stood up next to him. She was ready to defend him if necessary. Especially against Xander, who appeared as if he would leash out at any second. Willow seemed suspicious and unsure.

“Uh, Spike . . .” Giles took a moment to clean his glasses. “Buffy tells us you have some sort of chip.”

“Yeh.” Spike tapped his temple. “A gift from the Initiative. Can’t hurt a single human. So, you all don’t have to worry about the big bad taking a bit.”

“Yes, but I think we’d feel a little safer if we saw this uh . . . chip work,” the watcher commented.

A smirk came to Spike’s lips. “I’m willing to give a demonstration. I think you’re more curious than worried of an attack. Am I right, Rupert ol’ buddy?” Not waiting for an answer, he added, “Okay, who volunteers for me to send a nice punch? How about you, bricklayer?”

Seeing that Spike was obsessing him, Xander became confused. “Are you calling me a bricklayer?”

Spike chuckled. “Guess that name doesn’t fit here. Welp’ll have to do. So, what do ya say, let me deck you? I’ll give you a chance to hit me back.”

Buffy interrupted the two men before a full brawl began. “Look, why don’t you try me? I can take it without nose bleed.”

“Ruin my fun, luv,” the vampire replied, playfully.

Buffy faced him. “Come on, do it.”

Hesitation took over. He had forgotten about how he could hurt her. But that was because she came back wr . . . different. This Buffy had never been to heaven. He tried to tell himself this while he prepared to hit her. When he did, it wasn’t very hard, for his sake and hers.

The impact had practically no effect on Buffy. Spike, however, held his head in pain. A growl escaped him. “Bloody hell, I forgot how painful it is!” Spike exclaimed.

Xander glanced at all of them. “How do we know he’s not faking it?”

Anger flared within Spike. “You git! I think I can take another zap if it’s from smashing your face in.”

Willow grabbed Xander’s arm. She shook her head. “Don’t start anything, Xand. If Buffy believes him . . .”

“But he tried to kill us,” he protested.

“Didn’t though, mate. You make me regret it often when it concerns you, however, “ Spike snarled.

Buffy yawned. “It must be really late. I think we should go home to bed. We’ll research this situation tomorrow.”

The scoobies didn’t move. Buffy didn’t wait for a response and headed for the exit. Spike sighed, then followed. He caught up to her, walking along side.

“Slayer, I’ll head back to my crypt. It all right if I came over after sunset? Ya know, to see if you lot figured out anythin.”

“Sure, Spike, go ahead.”

He nodded. His hands went into the pockets of his coat. “Well, see ya then.”

As he left her, she said softly,” Bye, Spike.”

May 14, 1998 (Afternoon)

Buffy entered the library. She went over to a chair and slumped in it. Her friends looked over at her. “I feel like I didn’t get any sleep at all.”

“Yeah, I’m tired too,” Willow agreed. “Most of last night was spent doing slayery stuff.”

Buffy sat up straighter. “Well prepare for more. We need to find out what’s going on with Spike.”
A frown appeared on Xander’s face. “I don’t get it. If he is so nice now, like you claim, why send him back? The one that belongs here will go after us again. You know that, right?”

The slayer dropped her eyes. Her chest ached. He was right. This Spike was much easier to live with. So, why send him back? And she hated to admit it, but she would miss him even. She had grown to like him.

She sighed. “He’s not happy here. He wants to go back. How would you like to be suddenly pulled into the past? Forced to live it all again. Especially when you’ve come so far to become what you are. I think we owe it to him to send him to his time.”

Xander studied her. “Could you kill him? When the other Spike returns, could you kill him, if need be?”

Gripping the edge of the table, she shot out, “I killed Angel, didn’t I!? And I loved him. I don’t love Spike.”

“Right,” he said.

Silence fell over the room. They all felt uncomfortable at that moment.

Willow abruptly stood up. “I’ll get books,” she too cheerfully chimed.

May 14, 1998 (night)

Buffy came home after patrol. She was greeted with muffled voices. She followed them to the kitchen. Peeking in, she saw Spike on the counter. He was drinking a steaming drink in a mug. Her mother stood near him, looking like she was enjoying herself.

Spike set the mug down. “Thanks, Joyce, I believe that was the best cocoa I’ve ever tasted.”

Mrs. Summers smiled. “Why thank-you, Spike.”

“Dawn makes it for me sometimes, but it is not nearly as good as your.”
Curiosity spread over Joyce’s features. “Who is this Dawn?”

The vampire hopped off the counter. “Oh, you’re gonna love the bit. She’s such a bright girl. And strong. I’m right proud of her.” He turned to Joyce. “You will be too.”

His words puzzled Joyce. She didn’t know what he was talking about, but still . . . they seemed true. It gave her a funny feeling. “I’m sure I will,” she answered.

“Wonder what’s keeping the slayer. She usually doesn’t take this long.” He grinned. “Unless she runs into me.”

“I know you care about my daughter, Spike.”

He swallowed hard. “Uh . . . yeh.”

“Well, I think you’re a better pick than that Angel.”

Spike sadly nodded. “That’s right kind of , Joyce, but there’s no need to give me your blessing. She’ll never love me back.”

Joyce touched his arm. “Oh, why not? You seem like descent young man to me.”

“I’m beneath her,” he expressed.

From her spying spot, Buffy became angry. Hadn’t that discussion in his mind taught him anything? Still thought he was a monster.

She barged into the kitchen. “I’m back,” she declared.

“Oh, Buffy dear, didn’t hear you come in,” her mother said.

“Find anything today, luv?” Spike asked.

She went up to him and grabbed his arm. “Not yet. Let’s go talk.” She pulled him into the next room.

Spike stared at her. “Somethin wrong?”

In a flash, her lips crashed on his. His body stiffened in surprise. Then he relaxed, kissing her back. Spike took a chance and slid in his tongue. She met it with her own.

Eventually, Buffy had to pull away to breath. She gave him a smile, which was returned by his stunned expression. “So about our research. We didn’t really find anything, but . . .”

February 20, 2002

Willow burst into the house. “Buffy!” she called. “Buffy!”

The slayer came down the stairs. Her hair was wet from the shower. A towel wrapped around her slim body. “What is it, Will?”

The red-head was breathless. “I found it! We can get our spike back!”

Buffy smiled. “That’s great!”

Willow smiled back. “I have to go get Tara. You fetch the big bad from his crypt.”

Buffy nodded. “All right, can do. After I get dressed.” Not that he would object to her going like this, Buffy thought. She almost giggled.

“Meet ya at the magic shop,” Willow stated before walking toward out the door.

“Sure, see ya,” Buffy said.

She stood there on the steps, clutching the railing. Spike was coming back to her. The one who loved her. Well, the one here might, but not like hers. Soon she would be able to tell him what she didn’t get to before.

*+*+*+*

Buffy and Spike met Tara and Willow at the shop. Anya was there, but busy with maintenance.

They sat at the round table. Willow opened a book in front of her. “Okay,” she began. “We can set things right if both Spikes experience the same thing. They have to feel the same way, see the same thing.”

“How the hell do we manage that!?” Spike growled.

Buffy sent him a glare. “Don’t interrupt. She might say if you let her.”

“Thanks, Buffy,” Willow commented. “As I was saying, that will reverse the time fold. I don’t know exactly what will happen. Time might change.”

Buffy perked up. “What?”

“I mean, this Spike might make different decisions this time around. And knowing what he does might alter events.”

“But it could end up being better, right?”

“Yes, it could,” Willow agreed.

Spike looked over at Buffy. “Make a list, luv. All the major painful things that you want to not have happened. I’ll do my best to change them.”

Her eyes stung. Her love for him expanded a little further right then. And this was the old Spike. Who woulda thunk?

“Thank you,” she whispered.

He smiled at her.

“We found a spell to contact two minds. You can tell the other you what to do, then you can do the same thing. Hopefully it will work on the same minds without your head exploding or anything like that.”

Spike shifted in his seat. “I favor my head. Are you sure you know what you’re doing?”

“I’m doing it,” Tara said. “I’m pretty confident that it is safe. To be certain, I can do a protection spell before?”

He nodded. “Thanks ever so.”

Tara smiled. “No problem.”

“Okay then, kiddies, let’s get this rollin.”

Spike was eager to get home. He wondered, though, what would happen. He knew things, about himself that he didn’t before. He glanced over at Buffy. Well, whatever his destiny had in store he hoped it included her. Even if it meant persuading the Buffy he was accustomed to fighting into actually liking him.

_______________________________________________

Somebody said that I should distinguish the times with bold and non, so I did that in this part. Hope it wasn’t too bad. I have to say it doesn’t make me feel like it is as good as the others. Still, I hope you enjoyed it. I’ll try to get the next out sooner.

 
 
 
 
 
ch 17 by SinisterChic
 
The Time Spinners

By Heather Martin

Summary- Things get a little twisted when the chip-Spike switches places with the chip-less. Can our do-gooder Spike keep Buffy and the gang from killing him? And can Buffy keep the old Spike from dancing herself back to heaven?

Rating- NC17

Disclaimer- None of the characters belong to me. They’re Joss Whedon’s property.

Spoilers- A TON for Becoming part II! Will have some from the second season to the present sixth.

This happens after Older and Far Away. It also occurs during and after Becoming part II.

Chapter 17- Planning

Synopsis/ The scoobies plan on how to right the time fold./

February 20, 2002

The witches were assembling the space for their spell casting spot. It was in the training room, to avoid freaking out customers. Buffy took Spike’s arm and pulled him aside. “I finished it,” she whispered, handing him a piece of paper.

He rose an eyebrow. “Didn’t take long, luv,” he commented.

She messed with a strand of her hair. “Well, I uh, knew exactly what to put.”

Unfolding the letter, Buffy’s handwriting in blue ink filled his vision. He was surprised to see that there were only three things listed. He read them.

1. Make sure my mom goes to the doctor for a check-up regularly. If she begins to have intense headaches, it may be more than just that.

2. Glory is Ben. Doc doesn’t die so easily, watch for him on the tower. And if someone dies from a big ball of light, let them stay that way.

3. Help me love again. This is more challenging than you may think.

Spike lifted his gaze. He smiled at her. “I’ll see what I can do,” he told her.

Buffy took his hand and squeezed it. “Thank-you, Spike.”

“Okay, let’s start the spell before this gets too mushy for my taste.”

Buffy rolled her eyes at him. She released his hand, and they went over to Willow and Tara.

Willow looked over. “We’re almost ready,” she informed.

“So, how does this work, Glinda and Sabrina?” Spike inquired.

Tara finished setting up the candles. “You’ll be able to talk to yourself through telepathy. Set up what you both will do that is the same.”

“Okay, but can it be anything? I mean, could we both watch Monty-Python?”

“It-It’s a little more complicated that that.”

“Swell. I think I need a bit of explaining to,” he commented.

Intently, Buffy perked up for a response. She was curious as how this would work. It sounded like it was going to be harder than she thought from their previous conversation.

“Okay,” Willow spoke up. “This whole thing started from you, in different times looking into Buffy’s eyes. You went through two totally opposite experiences. Well, to right the fold, you have to be ‘exactly’ the same. You have to feel and experience identical things. If you, for instance, both drunk hot chocolate, one might accidentally burn his tongue. A movie might be interrupted. Not to mention, a scene might be hilarious to one, and not to the other, because you’ve changed. We have to figure out something that will certainly cause the same reaction.”

Dread filled Buffy’s heart. “Is it even possible?”

A snicker escaped Spike. They all stared at him. “Both of me could feed off the same person. Though, that wouldn’t work cuz of the chip.”

The slayer glared at him. “You’re disgusting.”

“I was only kidding,” he defended.

“Sure,” she muttered.

Willow frowned. “I hope you were. Besides, wouldn’t work. If a person is killed back then . . .” She turned to Tara. “This is confusing. Would they exist here?”

Tara considered that a moment. “I-I think the times act separately until the time warp is fixed. Isn’t that what the book said?”

A sudden huge grin formed on Spike’s mouth. “I’ve got it!”

“What is it?” Buffy asked, eagerly.

“I’m not sure if 1998 Buffy would like, though,” Spike replied.

“Okay,” but what is it?”

He wiggled an eyebrow at her suggestively.

“Ewww, Spike! You have such a dirty. . .” Buffy paused. Then her eyes widened. “Wait, that might actually work.”

Confusion crossed Tara and Willow’s expressions. “We’re sort of in the dark over here, guys,” Willow told them. Tara nodded her head.

“Well, Spike had in mind that . . .”

“We shag,” Spike interrupted.

There was a long silence. Finally Tara said, “Oh.”

“Yeah, oh,” Willow stated. “Yes, that probably will work.”

They didn’t notice Anya come in. She smiled broadly. “That will definitely work. Orgasms give a happy no matter what. You’ll get back to 1998 for sure.”

Buffy sighed. “What do you want Anya?”

“Nothing. I just was checking up on you in here. And to take note on what you took for the spell. These are sellable merchandise, you know.” Anya crossed her arms, examining the circle of white candles.

“Don’t worry, I’ll pay for them,” Willow offered.

Anya’s eyes twinkled with bliss. “Well, then go ahead. Take more if need be!” she exclaimed. After that, she left the room.

Shaking her head, Tara said, “That girl and money.”

“I don’t see how the former Buffy is gonna agree to this. She hates Spike,” Willow informed.

“Don’t worry, I’ll convince her . . . Uh me,” Buffy said.

Spike was doubtful. “How you gonna manage that, luv?”

She smiled. “I’ll do the contact thingy too.” Seeing he still was unsure, she added,” Don’t worry, I got some ideas on how to convince myself.:

“I hope you know what you’re doing, luv.”

“It’ll work, trust me.”

May 15, 1998

Being in a dusty old crypt, with no television, proved to be absolutely unbearable. There was nothing Spike could think of to do. He’d already swept the cemetery, killing a measly three vamps. If he was at his real home, Roswell would be on. Not the best show (he didn’t go for aliens much), but better than sitting around doin nothing. Or he could be reading one of his novels. But instead, he was stuck here in a dark, dank, hole with nothing except cobwebs, dirt, and an ancient sarcophagus. Very gloomy and lonely.

So, he decided to get out. There aren’t many choices in Sunnydale for entertainment, especially for a vampire. It was basically Willy’s bar or the Bronze. He picked the Bronze. This way even if he had no money, which he didn’t, he could at least sit down to listen to the band. They could never compare to the Sex Pistols, but some were safe to hear without harming your eardrums.

The club blared with a female singer. Spike preferred rockin males, but at least he was out of the crypt. His eyes fell to the drink counter longingly. He wished he had played kitten poker before coming. He was contemplating nicking someone for a few bucks, when she hit his vision. He froze, watching her laugh at something Willow said. He hadn’t even thought about how any of the scoobies might be there too.

He was about ready to go over to Buffy when he saw some twerp go over and talk to her. A growl built up in his throat when they moved onto the dance floor. Anger grew when the guy’s gaze fell to her bouncing chest. Spike stood up, prepared to go plummel the jerk, forgetting he even had a chip. The song ended and the dancing couple parted.

Buffy turned and spotted the approaching vampire. “Spike,” she greeted.

Spike eyed the guy until he was lost in the crowd. Then he looked at Buffy. “Who was that?”
She smiled. “Jealous?” she teased.

“No,” he lied.

“Yes you are. It’s so cute,” she said.

“The big bad is not cute!” Inwardly he was glad. She thought he was cute. Okay, sounded like a word Dawn would use for one of those Backstreet Boys, but at least she wasn’t calling him a pig.

“He only wanted to dance,” Buffy assured him. She smiled. “You can too . . . if you want.”

Spike took her arm and swept her into the moving mass of people. Watching her sway with the music, he was reminded of the first time he saw her. She had been so delicious, literally then. Now, she was still that way, but in a different way. Instead of draining her life away, he wanted to taste her sweet lips. He wanted to caress her supple body.

The dance was over too quickly. Buffy led him over to Willow. The red-head seemed very nervous with Spike’s presence. She kept giving Buffy looks to show her how uncomfortable she was. Buffy returned them with reassuring ones of her own.

“We found a little bit of info on time travel today,” Buffy announced.

Spike leaned back in his seat. “Really? Anything useful?”

Willow realized by Buffy’s eyes that she was supposed to talk. Maybe is was supposed to set her at ease if she talked to him. She didn’t think it’d work. She felt as if she would always remember how wild the vampire had been. He had fed on violence, that of the innocence.

“Uhhhh . . . well . . . “ Willow began.

Spike smirked. “Scared, Red?”

She shook her head.

He knew she really was. “So my chip doesn’t make you trust me? Didn’t expect it to. I very much doubt the slayer would let me take a bite out of you. Relax a bit.”

She nodded. “Oh . . . kay.”

Buffy touched Willow’s arm. “He’s right, Willow, I wouldn’t let anything happen to you. I’m right here.”

A small smile formed on Willow’s lips. “I know. Thanks, Buffy,” She faced Spike. “We found a story about someone who went into the past. But it was from a spell.”

“It might well have been. Maybe those nerd wankers. They’ve been messin with Buffy’s life now for months. Why they’d want to do anything to me though. . .” Spike informed.

“Nerds?” Buffy questioned, confused.

Spike didn’t get a chance to answer. That was when the voice came over him. It was strange, almost like when Willow talked to him at the tower, in his mind. “Hey there, mate,” it said.

Spike’s head shot up. He surveyed the Bronze. “Who are you? Where are you?” he demanded.

The girls across the table stared at him. “Who are you talking to?” Buffy asked.

Ignoring her, Spike added, “Well, answer up, you git!”

There was a chuckle. “Settle down. I’m you.”

Spike’s eyes widened. “Me? Great, I’m goin mad, hearin voices, let alone my own.”

Buffy was worried now. “Spike, are you all right?”

“No, someone’s talking to me,” he replied.
She frowned. “No one else is around our table, Spike.”

“I know.”

“You aren’t crazy, mate,” the voice said. “I’m you, in 2002.”

Spike was panicking now. “What? How can you be there, and me be here? Don’t tell me I never left or something.”

“There’s been a time fold. I’m you from 1998, but now in 2002,” 2002 Spike explained.

“So, you belong here, and me there, right?” 1998 Spike inquired.

“Right you are. So, we have to switch back. And it so happens we, the scoobies here, have come up with a plan.”

“I knew the scoobies became more essential over time. All we found here is some lousy story. So, let’s hear the plan.”

“The whole thing started by us feelin the complete opposite. To undo this, we have to feel the same.”

“Sounds about right. So what is our course of action?”

There was a pause. “We shag our lovely lady love.”

“That would be Dru for you, right? Might have some trouble with that. She’s currently who knows where.”

“Not a problem. Buffy and I have gotten quite cozy.”

Spike growled. He knew what he was like before. Before the chip he had dreamed numerous times about raping the slayer. “If you . . .”

“Calm down, she was very willing.”

“You son of a bitch!”

“My my my, at least you’re not a total poof, after all. Remember, I’m you, so it’s not like someone else took your woman. Besides, I love her.”

“What? I would have never said that before the chip. If this is somebody playing mind games with me . . .”

“I am you. And you did love Buffy before the chip, you just didn’t know it. I didn’t want to, but some certain occurrences forced me to. I was gonna kill her, I was. But, couldn’t She’s too beautiful.”

Spike looked across at the concerned Buffy there. “I know. And brave, strong, caring smart, feisty . . .”

“Shut up, don’t need the list. Let’s get this over with so I can get home.”

“Love to. But there’s one problem, how? This Buffy isn’t gonna jump into the sack with me.”

That did it. Buffy stood up. “What the hell is going on!? Who are you talking to?”

He smirked. “Me, luv.”

She raised an eyebrow. “You’re having a conversation with yourself?”

“Yeh.”

“Well, you’re right, I’m ‘not’ jumping into the sack with you.”

The Spike in 2002 couldn’t hear Buffy, but he could hear 1998 Spike, and knew that she was wanting to know what was up. “We got it covered. I’m gonna disconnect now. Buffy is gonna do the same thing I am doing to herself there. Don’t know how, but she says she can get her to cooperate.”

“If you say so. Nice talkin to ya.”

“You too, mate. Whatever you do, don’t turn into Angel.”

“No fuckin way!”

There was a chuckle from 2002 Spike. Then he was gone, and all that was left in Spike’s head were his thoughts of the situation at hand.

*+*+*+*

Buffy stared at Spike, fearing he had gone nuts. He acted like he was hearing voices. Beside her, Willow reciprocated the feeling.

Suddenly, the vampire seemed to snap back into reality. “Okay, I’m done with all that now.”

“Spike, what just happened?” Buffy asked.

“My past self, that’s now in the future, contacted me. Better collect yourself, the Buffy there is going to do the same.” He smiled at her, and snatched a cheesy fry from the batch she ordered.

She became nervous. “I’m going to get the same deal?”

“Yeh.”

Buffy shook her head. “No, thank-you.”

His mouth fell to a line. “Don’t have a choice, slayer.”

“Look, that gave me the wiggins seein you talk to some invisible person. I don’t wann . . .”

“Hello, Buffy,” someone said. It pounded in her head. Her eyes widened.

“Oh God!” Buffy exclaimed.

The red-head next o her touched her arm. “Buffy, you okay?”

“Not really, Will, I just heard my own voice in my mind.”

“It’s okay, luv. Talk to her,” Spike told her.
Buffy let out a humorous laugh. “Hey there, is this really me?”

“Yeah, kinda funky, I know,” 2002 Buffy expressed.

“Buffy. . . weird to call someone my own name, even if it is myself. Anyways, I need your help. Spike created a time fold thingy, which switched his past self with the present. Now, there’s a way to stop it, but you’re gonna have to do something.”

“What do I need to do?” Slayer mode set in. She was ready for anything.

“We have to sleep with Spike.”

Except that. “What!?”

“It’s the only way. And, it’s not that bad. In fact, he’s quite good, very good. You’ll enjoy it.”

“You’ve already done it?” Buffy squeaked. She clutched the edge of the table.

“Several. I uh . . . love him.”

She loved him? A vampire? Without a soul. Who tried to kill her. “How can you?” she asked. But she knew, because she cared for him already. She didn’t love him, but she liked him a whole lot. He’d saved her life.

“Spike never left me like the others. He’s my complete equal, and he always tells me the truth. He never expects anything from me except to be myself. He’d do anything for Dawn or me. It took a while for me to admit it, but I love him. Now, please, will you do this? I want . . . I need him back.”

Buffy shifted in her seat. “I don’t know. Angel . . . And it was only a few days ago that Spike wanted to us. I don’t know . . .”

2002 Buffy was silent for a while. She remembered the pain from before. She’d loved Angel so much. How could she expect herself then to screw Spike? “We’ll find another way,” she whispered.
1998 Buffy gazed over at Spike. He was licking cheese off his fingers. She glanced down at the plate to see he cleaned it off. She couldn’t help but smile. A vampire that savored food. He was so human, and she could almost forget he was not. ’You teat me like a man and that’s. . .’ He would one day say those words to her, and they were true.

“No, I’ll do it,” she blurted.

“Are- are you sure?”

“Yes, I’ll do it.”

“Thank-you.” Then the 2002 Buffy was gone.

Buffy met Spike’s eyes. “So, where do you wanna do this?”

He only smirked in reply.

____________________________________________________________

That is the longest chapter I have ever written. I’m so relieved it is completed. Well, guys, this story is almost done. Yay! Only two more chapters, I’m thinking. Next one is going to have TONS of sex, so beware of major NC17.

 
 
 
 
 
 
ch 18 by SinisterChic
 
The Time Spinners

By Heather Martin

Summary- Things get a little twisted when the chip-Spike switches places with the chip-less. Can our do-gooder Spike keep Buffy and the gang from killing him? And can Buffy keep the old Spike from dancing herself back to heaven?

Rating- NC17

Disclaimer- None of the characters belong to me. They’re Joss Whedon’s property.

Spoilers- A TON for Becoming part II! Will have some from the second season to the present sixth.

This happens after Older and Far Away. It also occurs during and after Becoming part II.

Chapter 18- Collision

Synopsis/ Buffy and Spike join together to end the time fold./

February 20, 2002

It was sort of awkward after Tara performed the spell. Buffy and Spike were supposed to leave, and both witches knew why. The act was meant to be private, and she felt exposed and invaded. Not that it was their fault, afterall. If she was to blame anyone it would be Spike. He announced his plan to the whole group, not just her. But, she couldn’t dredge up any true anger for him.

Finally, the couple left, muttering simple good-byes, see ya laters. Best not to say anything else.

They hurried through the town to the cemetery. They loomed through the grave markers, making their way to his crypt. Buffy could sense Spike’s excitement and lust. She felt the same, with a twinge of eagerness. She was going to get her Spike back. She loved this one too, but she needed hers. The one with all his memories. Who cared about Dawn, and put his life on the line to save her. The one here was on the verge of change, but hadn’t actually committed himself to it.

Before Buffy knew it, she was being thrown onto his king-sized bed. She giggled as he jumped ontop of her. His blue eyes sparkled with yearning. He devoured her mouth with his. It was a hot tangy kiss of passion. She grabbed his head to pull him closer. When it was over, she had to gasp for breath. They were both grinning at each other.

Spike’s hands grabbed her white top and removed it from her body. A lacy bra was revealed. He raised an eyebrow at her, gazing down at her mounds. “Well, this won’t do,” he commented.

She shook her head. “No, I don’t think it will,” she replied.

He slipped his hands behind her back to unhook the material. He fumbled with it before managing to get it free. Then he tossed the retched thing aside. He stared down at her perfect breasts, marveling at her nipples. He touched them, drawing circles around her pink flesh. After awhile, he switched to his tongue. Buffy let out a tiny moan of pleasure from this.

Buffy’s hands traveled under his shirt. It was nice to have him touching her, but she needed to reciprocate the deed. Her fingers reveled his tight abs. She despised the black shirt that kept brushing against her hands. “Spike, we need to get this off you,” she instructed. He raised his head, and she almost ripped the t-shirt getting it off.

He smirked at her. “Impatient, slayer?”

“Let’s just say it was on too long.”

He chuckled softly.

Her hands roamed his now bare back. As she did this, Spike nuzzled her neck. She breathed deeply. His blunt teeth suddenly bit down. She hissed, but not from pain. Her nails dug into his shoulders, throwing back her head. Spike stopped his nibbling, and returned it with kisses. She took him and brought him to her face. This kiss wasn’t as forceful as the last. She parted her lips for his entrance. And it was good, but she wanted more. Lots more.

“Spike, I need you,” she whimpered.

Spike slipped her pants off. He threw it to the floor. All that was left on her were her silky panties. He slid his hand in them. He was met with warm wetness. “Ooo, baby, what is this?”

She smiled hugely. “Why don’t you find out?”

The panties were gone in a flash. He parted her hips, and slipped a finger into her core. She let out a cry at the sensation. He moved in and out, rubbing against her clit. Her body wriggled about. “Spike, please . . . I need you inside me!” she exclaimed.

He smirked at her. “What? I am inside you,” he teased.

“You know what I mean.”

“I know, but it’s more fun to hear you say it.”

“Okay. Spike, get your dick inside me NOW!”

He faked being shocked. “My, slayer, didn’t know such a small girl had it in her.”

Spike did away with his belt, and Buffy unbuttoned his jeans. His erection snapped out, ready for some action. He settled into place and plunged into her folds. She cried out as his length filled her depth in one motion. They fit together so well.

Spike began to move. Buffy thrusted along with him. “I love you,” she panted.

“I know, so do I.”
Spike was about ready to explode, he knew it. And when he heard Buffy scream from her own orgasm, he lost it also. His body spasmed. “Oh God!”

“Spike!”

His dizzying vision found Buffy’s face. Their eyes met, and he got lost in her green orbs. So much emotion shown in them, and he could have sworn his heart beat. Just once. There was a strong force that overcame him, and he was being sucked into her eyes.

 
 
May 15, 1998

Spike and Buffy left the Bronze to venture out into the still night. They ended up going down a dark alley. The slayer turned to him. “Why don’t we just do it here?” she questioned.

“What!?” he shrieked. He would have expected that from his Buffy, but not this one. This one was still a teenager, full of life. She wanted to do it in the alley? “I’m willing to do this anywhere, pet, but this is an alley. Might as well do it in my dusty crypt.” He was a little hurt. Sex with him would never be anything but doing the task, never anything more. It would never matter how or where to her.

“Look, I’d love to do this nice and cozy in a bed somewhere, but I can’t think of a damn place. My mom is home right now, and I think she’d get funny ideas if I led you up to my room. As for a hotel, I have no money, and I’m quite sure neither do you,” Buffy reasoned.

“I could always get some,” he told her.

A sigh escaped her lips. “Sure, I can imagine how, and no. So, it’s either here or the cemetery. Which would you prefer?”

He was so frustrated. He didn’t care if Buffy never loved him, well that was a lie, but he could still deal if ‘he’ was allowed to love her. But she wouldn’t let him.
Buffy started to pull up her shirt. “Okay, let’s get started,” she said.

He grabbed her arm, and forced her clothing back down. “Wait, this is wrong. I got a better idea.” He tugged her away, heading toward a different destination.

Buffy let herself be herded down the street. “Where are we going?”

“You’ll find out,” he replied.

Soon they stood facing of a huge structure. “The mansion?” she asked, surprised.

“Look, I know it has bad memories and all, but . . . Oh bloody ell’ let’s just go back to the alley,” Spike expressed.

She shook her head. “No, this is fine.”

Inside, Spike found some candles left over from when Dru, Angelus, and himself occupied the place. He set them up, lighting the wicks with his lighter. A dim glow illuminated Buffy’s angelic face. He got on his knees in front of her.

“See, not too bad, sorta romantic like,” he commented.

She shook her head. Then she got lowered herself to his level. She met his eyes and he saw nervousness there. “I’m scared,” she confessed.

He was taken back at that remark. “What for, luv? You sound like a bloody virgin, and I know you very well aren’t.”

“It’s not that. It’s only that . . . I’ve gotten fond of you. Now, the old Spike will come back. The first thing he is probably going to do is try and kill me,” she whispered.

“Got a stake, luv?” he asked.

She nodded, showing him the wood jammed in her pocket. “Good. If he, I do anything, you use that. Don’t hesitate.”
Pain crossed her face. “No. I’ll threaten you, beat you to a bloody pulp. But, I can’t kill you. Not after . . . I’ve already sent Angel to hell, I can’t do the same to you. Even if you are evil. Or your past self is.”

He could accept that. His hand cupped the back of her head, and he drew her near. Their lips met in a tender kiss. He loved her. He wanted to show her how much.

He tugged her shirt off, then removed her bra. He stared at her a moment. “Cor, Buffy, you’re so perfect in every way,” he admired.

He was rewarded in a tiny smile from her. “I bet you are perfect too. Let’s see, shall we?”

If only she knew that he wasn’t talking merely about her looks. He wished so much that she could see that he saw into her depths. And what he saw was magnificent.

Her hands threaded in his pale hair. His hands trailed down her spine to her buttocks. He took it into his palms, squeezed and lifted. Her arousal rose, and she breathed quicker. She took his mouth again. Her tongue felt like silk, stroking on his, driving him mad.

Her fingers freed him of this shirt. Her lips peppered kisses all over his chest. He could smell her desire grow, and his need for her did the same. He made them tumble to the ground. On top of her, he stroked her breasts. She made some sort of squeak as he did. Then he nipped at them, playing with the nipples in his teeth. He growled in delight. She arched against him in torment, her gaze pleading for more.

Then she did it. Her hand went to the bulge in his jeans. His eyes widened. It didn’t take long for them to eliminate the last of their coverings.

The awe he saw on her expression when he slid inside her made his heart ache. He wondered if Angel had that effect on her. Somehow he couldn’t believe it one bit. He moved as slow as possible, wanting to relish all there was to give. Her head tipped back, and she sighed in ecstasy. He withdrew to the tip, then pushed deeper within. Her muscles convulsed around him as she hit her peak. He followed after, releasing his cold seed into her womb, the while being overwhelmed with her glittering hazel eyes. He collapsed ontop of her.

*+*+*+*

Buffy was enveloped in a blanket of calm. She put her arms around Spike. “That was so . . . Wow,” she stated. “Did you think so?” There was no answer.

Rolling him off her, she looked at him. His eyes were closed, and he didn’t move. “Spike?”

Still, no reaction. She shook him. “Come on, what is wrong with you? Did it wear you out that much?”

After a few moments to no avail, she felt tears stream down her face. What was wrong? He couldn’t be dead, he would be dust. Her hand touched his indented cheekbone. “Come on, Spike, come back to me. Does every man I sleep with have to either go evil or catatonic?” She slumped against him, feeling lost.

Suddenly, she heard a groan. Her head shot up. Spike winced, and opened his eyes. He gaped at her. “I uh . . . guess it worked.”

With that, she scooted farther away. She searched for her clothes. This was the chipless Spike. “Let me get descent and we can fight if you want.”

“Huh?” He struggled to sit up.

She glared at him. “Well, I figured now that you’re back, you’d want to kill me. Am I right?”

“Bloody hell! No, I’m not gonna kill you.”

Shock came over her. “No?”

He shook his head. “Look, a lot happened to me when I was away. You don’t really know me anymore.”

“Is that right?” she asked.

“That’s right. Why don’t we start at the beginning, maybe we can get to know each other.” He held out his hand. “Hi, I’m Spike.”

She laughed. “Are you serious?”

“Totally. Now, what is your name, ducks?”

She rolled her eyes, but took his hand and shook it. “I’m Buffy.”

“Nice to meet you. Ello.”

She smiled. “Hi.”

__________________________________________________________

I hope that last part went okay. I had something so planned out in my head, and I don’t know if it prevailed or not. One more part, peoples.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
ch 19 by SinisterChic
 
The Time Spinners

By Heather Martin

Summary- Things get a little twisted when the chip-Spike switches places with the chip-less. Can our do-gooder Spike keep Buffy and the gang from killing him? And can Buffy keep the old Spike from dancing herself back to heaven?

Rating- NC17

Disclaimer- None of the characters belong to me. They’re Joss Whedon’s property.

Spoilers- A TON for Becoming part II! Will have some from the second season to the present sixth.

This happens after Older and Far Away. It also occurs during and after Becoming part II.

Chapter 19- Back to Life, Back to Reality

Synopsis/ Life is as it should be. /

February 21, 2002

The first thing Spike became aware of was the warmth. It surrounded him in all directions. He didn’t think he had ever been that warm, not even when he was human. The feeling was overwhelming, yet also comforting. He was afraid to open his eyes, to find out what was causing this immense heat. But then he felt something move against him, and the temperature dropped. The warmth was still there, but no longer as strong. He mustered strength and looked.

The form of Buffy greeted him. Her golden hair lay on the pillow. It was slightly wavy, and long, that was the part that got him. What was going on? Last time he checked she had cropped her locks to the shoulders. Had he ended up in a different time than the present again?

Spike started to sit up, but was pushed back down. Buffy’s arm wrapped around him. “Were you going somewhere?”

“Buffy, what’s going on?” he questioned. He surveyed his surrounding. He was in her room.

She snuggled closer. “Huh? You sound as if something is wrong,” she murmured.

He sighed. “Not wrong exactly, Just, not the way I remember things. And your hair . . .”

She brought a hand up to her head. “Do I have bed-hair?”

“No, luv, it’s beautiful, but . . .”

Becoming alert, she asked, “What is the time?”

He glanced over at the digital clock. Glowing red numbers were displayed. “5:25,” he replied.

A groan escaped her. “Guess it’s time for you to leave. Sunrise and everything. I’d love for you to stay, but that wouldn’t go over well. My mom likes you a lot, but not enough to be okay with finding you in my bed.”

His eyes widened. Joyce?

Buffy surprised him by leading him to the window. She gave him a quick kiss. “Love you, see you at patrol,” she told him. Then she opened the window.

Totally confused, Spike left the Summers’ house. He climbed down the tree to the ground. He glanced back up at Buffy’s room, seeing her smile after him before turning away.

This had to be a dream, he thought. Something went wrong, and he was unconscious. That had to be it. Buffy would never act this way otherwise. Even if he wasn’t in reality, he could sense morning approaching. He hurried toward his crypt, not taking any chances on the ‘if you die in a dream, you die for real’ theory. Even if that wasn’t likely to apply to vampires.

*+*+*+*

After a deep sleep, Spike awoke, with two hours before dusk. He downed a packet of blood, then sat down. Time for his Buffy mind invasion. First, he pictured every feature that made her up. After that, he imagined touching her soft skin. Flashes of them in the abandoned house, the Bronze, his crypt, behind the Doublemeat Palace, and in the DeSoto went through his brain. Wait a sec . . . the DeSoto? When did that happen?

Flashback =>

Both blonds sat in the darkened, stolid DeSoto. Spike’ s arm was wrapped around Buffy. Her face showed that she was upset.

“I knew he was going to leave. We had the whole ‘Our lives are taking different paths’ talk. But he just left. No goodbyes. He stood there amongst the ambulances, looked at me, and then walked away,” Buffy told him.

His hold tightened around her. “I guess he thought there was nothing left to say. Or, that it would only make things harder.”

She looked up at him. “We aren’t together anymore, but we’re friends. He didn’t tell me where he was going. Friends are supposed to keep in touch.”

“I think peaches will never see you as a friend.”

A sigh escaped her. “I didn’t think he’d go so abruptly. He fought at the school, then walked away right after.”

“I’m sorry, Buffy.” He meant it, even if he was glad Angel was gone, he hated that it hurt Buffy.
She surprised him by crawling on his lap in the driver’s seat. He gave her a questioning look. Her warm fingers held his face, and she stared deeply into his blue eyes.

“Spike, will you ever leave me like Angel” she whispered.

“Never, luv, I’m here to stay whether you want me or not,” he answered.

A tender smile spread on her lips. “Good.” She leaned forward, to his ear. “And, I do want you.”

The next thing he knew, she was kissing him. Arousal built inside them both. Her hands roamed places that could only lead to naughty things. They laughed when she bumped the steering-wheel and the horn went off.

End Flashback=>

Spike stood up. He ran a hand through his slicked-back hair. This wasn’t right. He wasn’t around when Angel left Sunnydale. Was he? His mind was a jumbled mess, and he couldn’t sort it out.

Just then the creak of the door filled his ears. His head snapped to the side. Buffy came in, smile brightening her features. It fell when she noticed his grim expression.

“What is it?” She was close now. She gazed at him with concern.

“Buffy, did we ever have a serious discussion in my car?” He had to be assured he wasn’t going crazy with false memories.

She took his hand in hers. It was such a sweet gesture. “Many. Are you talking about a certain one?”

Many? “About Angel, after he left,” he confirmed.

The words brought a sparkle to her eyes. “That was when I realized I loved you. I didn’t say it right then, but that was when I knew.”

“So, it was real?” He shook his head in disbelief.

Squeezing his hand tighter, Buffy asked, “Spike, you all right?”

“You know about the time fold?”

She nodded. “That was all most four years ago.”

“Last night, it was like I just came out of it. And now my memories are contradicting themselves. I recall being with Dru in Brazil, and being here instead. It’s all confusing.”

Buffy’s eyes widened. “So, before last night you were in the mansion during 1998?”

“From my perspective.”

She stroked his cheek. “I’m pretty sure everything will come to you. It’ll be okay, and all of it will make sense.”

He placed his hand over hers. “This isn’t a dream, is it?”

Her gentle appearance overwhelmed him. She was looking at him with so much emotion. It was a miracle, something he had been sure would never occur.

“No, this is really happening,” she answered, softly.

He felt as if he might cry. She loved him, he could see it on her face.

*+*+*+*
Days passed. Time fixed itself for him, with the help of Buffy. He could remember what happened before, and this time around. It was weird, and he often wished he only knew the current one. But, it let him realize how lucky he was. Life now, or unlife, had turned out way better.

Joyce Summers caught her tumor right away. She was in good health, busy keeping Dawn in-line. Spike was always welcome, sharing Passions and cocoa with her.
Spike never got a chip. He had been with Buffy instead of having his brain get cut up by the Initiative. And it didn’t matter, human blood was nothing compared to Buffy.

The battle with Glory went differently. They got there earlier. Spike was prepared with a giant axe. When he made it up the tower, he surprised Doc by slicing his head clear off before he could even react. Then he untied Dawn, unharmed without even a scratch.

Things were not perfect, however. Giles still left, which crushed his slayer. Xander left Anya at the alter. Tara and Willow were broken up. The addiction with magic was an issue for Willow. The three nerds were after them. But in the middle of it all, Buffy and Spike held on to each other, and tried to help their friends as well. Which they were Spike’s friends also now, finally accepting him.

*+*+*+*

Joyce and Dawn went out to a movie, leaving the house empty for Buffy and Spike. They went up to her room and sat on the bed.

Spike took Buffy’s hands. “I will always be a vampire. I can never give you the sun, or have children with you,” he said.

A look of panic came over her. “Spike, don’t leave me! That doesn’t matter, we can get through that.”

He shushed her with his fingers, covering her mouth. His other hand came up, clutching a box. He opened the lid, revealing a sparkling diamond ring. “My thoughts exactly, luv.”

With that, she threw her arms around him and laughed.

_______________________________________

Oh my gosh, I’m done! Hope you all enjoyed it. Thanks for the fantastic reviews.

*Sigh* I feel so jipped that I missed Entropy yesterday. Forgot about Daylights savings time. Bad me.

Well, guess I should try to finish my other four fanfics: Day and Night, The Moon’s Sun, Paradox, and Definition of Suffering. *shakes head* I start too many stories.

 
 
 
 
 
 
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=31