Whatever Tomorrow Brings by Kiera Thornton
Summary: Buffy and Spike were high school sweethearts. A night of passion leaves Buffy with a child, but William moves to England before she can tell him. They meet again 15 years later and they've both changed drastically. She's a famous singer and he's a successful writer. Can he fit into her new life?
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations, Buffy/Other, Spike/Other
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: No Word count: 11394 Read: 10686 Published: 06/14/2009 Updated: 06/18/2009

1. The Great American Dream by Kiera Thornton

2. An Offer on the Table by Kiera Thornton

3. Meeting the Gang by Kiera Thornton

4. Start of Something New by Kiera Thornton

5. A Cause for Hope by Kiera Thornton

6. New and Old by Kiera Thornton

7. Picking Up the Pieces by Kiera Thornton

8. Dinner and a Make-Out by Kiera Thornton

The Great American Dream by Kiera Thornton
Author's Notes:
I wrote this story what seems like forever ago, but I only recently typed it up and posted it online. So now I'm posting it on here for your reading pleasure. :) Hope you enjoy and review!
Chapter One: The Great American Dream

Buffy Summers was a pretty good looking girl for a freshman. At 15 years old she had a petite frame, blonde hair down to her waist, and bright green eyes. That was how she’d caught the attention of senior William Giles.

He wasn’t a real ladies man, but he was a looker. Shaggy, dark brown hair, sharp cheek bones, and amazing blue eyes made him more than a little attractive. Buffy had been certain it was love at first sight.

They saw each other in the halls occasionally and it just so happened that they both had D lunch. One afternoon at lunch Buffy had finally made a move. She’d been drooling over him, as usual, and her best friend Willow had demanded that she go over and talk to him.

Buffy had been incredibly nervous at first, but Will happily let her sit down next to him. That’s where it all started.

They started dating a few weeks later and he asked her to prom, which was still months away. By the time it rolled around, Buffy was confident she wanted to take their relationship to the next level.

They were both virgins and they were both naïve.

~Prom Night~

By 7 o’clock Buffy was all dressed up and ready to go. Will was going to pick her up at 7:30 so they could take pictures and get dinner before the dance.

She waited nervously in the living room with her mother, pacing and watching the clock obsessively. He arrived on time and she relaxed when she saw him. He was very handsome in his tux, with a bouquet of red roses in his hand.

He, on the other hand, was completely floored when he saw her. She was a vision with her hair swept up in clips, a long pink dress flowing down to her ankles. She was an angel.

He gave her the roses and kissed her softly, before she invited him in and her mother snapped some pictures on the digital camera. She put the roses in water and kissed Joyce on the cheek before they left.

The evening went smoothly and the dance was everything Buffy had hoped for. It started at nine and ended at midnight, but Buffy didn’t have to be home until one. So she and Spike left at eleven.

They got a hotel room near her house and things heated up quickly. Both of them were so caught up in the moment they didn’t bother with protection.

A month later Will graduated and Buffy was starting to get worried that she’d skipped her period, but she didn’t say anything about it.

Will went to visit his grandmother in England for a few months over summer, but he promised he’d come back to Sunnydale afterward. He had no idea that it would be too late.

When Buffy missed her period again the following month, she knew something was definitely amiss. She bought a home pregnancy test and Willow sat with her on her bed as they awaited the results.

Those were the longest three minutes of her life. It was good that Willow was there to keep her company, because she was a wreck when she got the results. The prospect of sharing the information with her mother was not pretty.

Buffy knew her mother loved her, but the look of disappointment on her face when she found out nearly broke Buffy’s heart.

What was worse was that the father of the baby was overseas and she had no way of contacting him. He hadn’t left her any sort of telephone number and he hadn’t called since he’d been gone. She supposed he’d gotten busy with his family and simply hadn’t gotten around to it.

Joyce worked at an art gallery and she decided she’d rather work out of New York, so they packed up, sold the house, and moved off to start a new life.

Buffy kept in touch with Willow through phone and e-mail, but she never got in contact with Will again.

Every day she remembered the night that had changed her life. She remembered his gentle touches and the words of love they’d whispered to each other. The night haunted her.

Buffy enrolled in high school in New York and finished her last three years there. She got a job as a secretary at a dentist’s office, and Joyce helped her take care of her daughter, whom she’d named Katrina Lynn Summers. The baby girl inherited her father’s brown hair and blue eyes, and Buffy’s bubbly personality. There was never a dull moment in raising her.

After Buffy graduated high school she auditioned for a spot at Juilliard. She couldn’t have been more surprised when she got accepted. She studied there for four years and got her degree in music.

She started singing in different night clubs and bars around the city, as well as in community plays. When she was 24 a talent scout discovered her. She’d been singing in a very upscale restaurant where he’d been having dinner.

Liam ‘Angel’ O’Connor was 32, married, and a very successful businessman. His wife, Lilah Morgan-O’Connor, was one of the most powerful attorneys in New York City. The second he laid eyes on Buffy, he knew he wanted her.

He and Lilah were both rich and powerful, therefore prone to having affairs frequently. They were aware of each other’s transgressions but both turned a blind eye, so long as their reputations went untarnished.

Angel had fully planned to snare Buffy as another conquest, but she’d resisted his charm, much to his dismay. She’d insisted that they keep their relationship purely professional, and eventually he gave up the chase.

Angel introduced her to her manager, Xander Harris, a few months later. Xander was just a year older than Buffy and incredibly goofy at times. She found it easy to bond with him and his wife Anya, who could be considered a bit odd.

Buffy finally moved out of her mother’s place and bought a house on the outskirts of the city, so she and her daughter would have more privacy.

Xander got her frequent gigs and plenty of positive publicity, and before she knew it was happening, she had her first CD out and she was booking concerts. It was a life she’d only dreamed of in high school and she was happier than ever. Still there was something missing.

Will travelled a very different route after he left Sunnydale. He got swept up in family matters after his grandmother died, and he ended up moving to England to take care of the manor she’d left to him. He never heard from Buffy again.

His grades and SAT scores got him into Oxford and he majored in literature. He completed his first novel before he even got his degree. He also took up playing the guitar.

He was out drinking with his friends on Saturday evening when they all decided to start a band. He kept writing his novels during the day while his band played in clubs at night.

Music wasn’t a career to him, though. Rather it was a hobby to add some excitement to his life. He changed his appearance drastically and his band mates nicknamed him Spike. The name stuck and he eventually began introducing himself that way.

He went through several one-night stands a few relationships in the following years. He dated a waitress named Nina, a singer named Veruca, an actress named Harmony, and a nutcase named Drusilla.

None of them lasted that long and his mind always wandered back to the same girl: the one that got away. No matter what he did or who he dated, his heart always called out for her.

As fate would have it, he developed an addiction to spicy buffalo wings and MTV. The year after Buffy turned 31 she was invited to host the MTV Music Awards, as well as sing at the opening.

She gladly accepted the offer and he just happened to be watching the night it went down. At first he didn’t think it could really be her, but as he kept watching it all clicked into place. She was a famous American singer and he was shocked to say the least.

He dropped a whole bowl of spicy buffalo wings in his lap that night, and then he called the airlines to reserve a flight for the following day.

He spent the night packing and he was off to New York the next afternoon. He was determined to find her, and this time he wouldn’t let her get away.
End Notes:
The first chapter probably seemed a tad rushed, but that's because it was only meant to provide the background for the story. All of the actual plot starts in chapter two. Enjoy!
An Offer on the Table by Kiera Thornton
Chapter Two: An Offer on the Table

Buffy woke up the next morning to her phone ringing at 9 am. She groaned tiredly and picked it up with her eyes still closed.

“Hello?”

Xander’s voice greeted her with excitement. He was ranting and raving about what a success the previous night had been.

She pouted and asked, “You couldn’t have waited until later to tell me this?”

He grinned on the other end of the line and replied, “Well I could have, but I wanted to give you time to get ready.”

She sat up slowly and frowned suspiciously. “Ready for what?”

She heard a chuckle and rolled her eyes. He always loved making her wonder what he was up to.

“I need you to meet me at the Coffee Bean at noon. I have an important proposal for you.”

She sighed and couldn’t help but to smile a little. Xander always had new ideas for her and he always got excited about them.

“Can’t wait. I’ll see you then.”

They said their goodbyes and hung up, and Buffy went downstairs to make breakfast. She knew Kat wouldn’t be up yet since it was Saturday, and she wanted to let her daughter sleep in for a while.

She took her time making a pot of strong coffee and reading the morning paper. She then got to work on blueberry pancakes and sausages.

When they were ready she went upstairs to wake Katrina, and by then it was around 10:30. She knocked on the door before going in, smiling at her sleeping daughter and sitting on the edge of the bed.

She brushed the dark brown strands away from her face and leaned down to kiss her forehead. “Wake up, sleepyhead.”

Kat stirred slowly and yawned, then stretched and opened her eyes.
“What time is it?”

“Almost 10:30.”

Kat groaned in complaint and asked, “Why are we up so early?”

Unless they had somewhere to be, they usually slept in until about noon on the weekends. It allowed them to stay up late and bond while watching TV.

“Xander called me at 9 and told me I have to meet him at noon. He’s thought up some new hair-brained scheme to keep me busy.”

The brunette had to laugh a little as she sat up in her bed. Buffy stared at her for a second and got a nostalgic look on her face.

Kat noticed the change and asked worriedly, “What’s wrong?”

Buffy sighed and shrugged it off. “It’s nothing, sweetie.”

Kat raised a skeptical brow and Buffy cracked. “I was just thinking how much you look like your father.”

She toyed with a piece of her daughter’s hair absentmindedly as she spoke. Kat leaned in and wrapped her in a tight hug. Buffy had already had the painful talk with her about Will a few years back.

“I love you, mom.”

“I love you too, baby girl.”

Buffy kissed the top of her head and said, “Get dressed and come downstairs. Breakfast is waiting. I even made blueberry pancakes.”

Kat grinned and hopped out of bed eagerly, causing Buffy to smile before she went back downstairs.

They chit-chatted over breakfast about the awards the previous night. Buffy was pleased at the positive publicity she was already receiving. She’d been extremely fortunate thus far with avoiding media drama. She was still waiting to read an article in the paper about her being fat and ugly or sleeping around.

After breakfast she went upstairs to her room, to shower and get ready for her meeting with Xander. She dressed in worn, faded jeans and a comfy, yet stylish, white t-shirt. There was no point in dressing up too much to meet her friend, even if he was her manager. They’d grown past the need for ‘industry standards’ several years ago.

Before leaving the house Buffy went to the computer room to check on Kat and say goodbye.

Before she could say a word her daughter was on the question train. “Do you mind if Lilly comes over in a bit? I want to go to the mall with her then have a girls night in.”

Buffy smiled and said, “Sure. I’ll try and stay out of the way later.”

They shared a smile and Kat said, “You know you can hang out with us if you want. Lilly thinks you’re the coolest mom ever. She told me the other day she wishes you’d adopt her.”

Buffy rolled her eyes playfully and chuckled. “One teenager is more than enough for me.”

She pulled $200 in cash out of her wallet and set it on the desk. She knew Kat would want to get some new shoes and shirts at the mall, as per usual.

“Have fun, honey, and be safe.”

“I will. Later, mom!”

Buffy left in a hurry, already on a crunch for time, and drove herself to the Coffee Bean downtown. She found Xander already waiting for her and she gave him a hug, before sitting down across from him in the booth he’d procured.

“Aren’t you going to get a drink, Buff?”

“Nah. I had about half a pot of coffee before breakfast.”

He raised his brows with a smile and shrugged. He set his brief case on top of the table and took out a packet of papers. He handed them over and she accepted them with a curious frown. Her brows shot up as she started reading through them.

“What is this for?”

“It’s a movie script.”

She gave him her best glare and replied, “I know that. Why am I looking at it?”

He squirmed a little in his seat like he always did when he got nervous. She tapped her fingers impatiently and said, “Spill.”

He sighed and clasped his hands together. “Okay. Just hear me out for a minute. You’ve been a singer for the last six years and you’re damn good at it.”

Her forehead creased when he paused. “I’m sensing a ‘but’?”

He nodded. “But… What if you were to branch out and try other things as well? I think it could make your career even more successful.”

She bit her lip in contemplation. “So you think acting is the solution.”

He smiled and said seriously, “I think it’s something you should try. An old friend of mine is directing the movie and he gave me a call the other day. He seems to think you’re just right for the part, so he offered it up if you’re interested.”

“I don’t know, Xander. I’ll think about it, okay?”

He grinned goofily, knowing he’d at least gotten somewhere with it. Getting her to think about it was a great first step.

“Could you look over the part some more tonight and give me a call in the morning?”

She tucked the script away in her purse with a nod. “Of course.”

“Oh, and Anya wanted me to invite you over for dinner tomorrow night.”

Buffy grinned at the thought of not having to cook for a night.
“Count me in.”

She stood up and ruffled his hair affectionately before leaving the small café to run some errands.

She made it home a few hours later to find Kat and Lilly pigging out on pizza to a chick-flick marathon.

She smiled softly as memories washed over. She remembered doing that with Willow in high school. Things were definitely different now. She still got to have fun girly nights sometimes, but she had a new best friend to share them with.

Life was great.
End Notes:
Please review!
Meeting the Gang by Kiera Thornton
Chapter Three: Meeting the Gang

Spike arrived in town that Saturday afternoon, and he caught a cab to the hotel where he’d be staying for the next few weeks.

Buffy’s next public performance wasn’t for a while still, but he was going to try and find her before then.

He checked into a room at the Four Seasons and got his stuff unpacked right away. After that he went out to explore the night life.

He’d never actually been to New York before, so he couldn’t wait to hit the clubs. His first stop was a bar down the street from the hotel. He got a few drinks, smoked a few cigarettes, and played a few rounds of pool with the guys there.

He left before he could get completely shit-faced and his next stop was a night club about a block away. Strobe lights, a disco ball, and techno music gave it a very 70s feel.

A couple of smashed girls tried to get him to dance, but he kindly declined. He honestly wasn’t interested in hooking up with someone he didn’t know, and who wouldn’t even remember it in the morning. He’d given up that lifestyle a few years prior.

He was in this city to find Buffy and that’s what he was going to do. According to the tabloids she was single and hadn’t dated anyone in a long time. He could only hope that was true. She was the only girl he wanted to be with.

He left the club before long and returned to his hotel. He showered and went to bed after calling his father in England. Even though he was fully grown and independent, he still liked to check up on the old man once in a while. After a brief conversation with the elder Giles, he hung up the phone and slipped into a deep sleep, eager to rise the next day and find out what his future had in store.

~The Next Morning~

Buffy had stayed up late reading through the script, while Kat and Lilly had stayed up watching movies and eating massive amounts of junk food.

Buffy woke at noon to her cell phone vibrating on the nightstand. She cursed it under her breath as she unplugged it from the charger, so she could read the text she’d just gotten. She rolled her eyes when she saw it was from Kat, saying: Wake up already!

She frowned and got out of bed slowly. She went downstairs to find the teenage miscreants on the couch, steadily inhaling large bowls of cereal.

“Morning,” she managed to croak sleepily at the girls.

“It’s about time you woke up.”

Buffy glared and Kat grinned. Buffy went into the kitchen and got a bowl of her own before joining them on the couch.

They all watched cartoons for a while then Buffy went upstairs to call Xander.

He answered on the second ring and she laughed at his chipper greeting. She told him she was interested in the part and he got even more excited. He told her he’d be there in an hour to pick her up. He wanted her to meet the director and the rest of the cast at the studio.

After they hung up she went to get showered. She decided to go with a more professional look for the first meeting. She did her hair up in a clip and she put on a gray pinstripe suit. She stayed light on the make-up and finished her look off with her Chanel purse and sunglasses.

She went downstairs and Kat whistled playfully. Lilly smirked and put her two cents in as well. “You should’ve become a lawyer. You’d be the sexiest one in the city.”

Buffy laughed and flaunted a little for the hell of it. When the doorbell rang she kissed Kat goodbye and went to answer it. Xander’s eyes widened comically when he saw her.

“Jeez, Buff. Give a man a heart attack, why don’t you?”

He looked her up and down a few times and she giggled.
“Down, boy.”

He chuckled and gave her a quick hug before leading her out to his car. It was a twenty-minute ride to the studio and they spent most of the time talking about the movie.

Buffy was going to be playing a cheerleader in her junior year of college. She’s dating the quarterback and he gets in a car crash, which puts him in a coma. He wakes up eight months later to find that she’s moved on with her best friend, who incidentally happens to be a girl.

Buffy had been nervous at first about acting out a lesbian relationship, but now she was extremely excited about the part. She’d done drama a little in high school and she’d enjoyed it, but she’d never thought about actually being in a movie.

When she got to the set she went around and met all of the main cast and crew members. She quickly made friends and got her schedule from the director. He was quite possibly the most colorful man she’d ever met.

~Crew~
Director – Lorne Michaels
Set Designer – Kate Lockley
Make-Up Artist – Darla Winters
Costume Designer – Kendra Davonne
Script Writer – Wesley Wyndham-Pryce

~Cast~
Cheerleaders – Amy Madison, Anne Ericson, Eve Scott, Glory Sanders, and Buffy Summers
Head Cheerleader – Cordelia Chase
Quarterback – Riley Finn
Football Players – Francis Doyle, Charles Gunn, Graham Miller, and Forrest Bennett
Football Coach – Robin Wood
Best Friend – Faith Lehane
Science Geek – Winifred Burkle
Little Sister – Dawn Evans
Librarian – Gwendolyn Post
Party Slut – Gwen Raiden

After Buffy had met everyone and figured things out with Lorne, Xander drove her to his house for dinner. Catching up with Anya was interesting as always.

When Xander went outside to grill the steaks she leaned toward Buffy conspiratorially, like she was about to divulge the secret of mankind’s existence. “I just found out this afternoon that I’m pregnant.”

Buffy’s eyes widened and her jaw dropped. “Oh my god! Really?!?”

Anya nodded excitedly and Buffy squealed with sheer joy. “I’m so happy for you! I’m guessing you haven’t told him yet?”

Anya shook her head and confided with a self-satisfied grin, “I’m going to tell him tonight so we can have celebratory sex.”

Buffy snorted in amusement and took a drink from her ice tea. When she’d first met Anya she’d been a little wary of the woman’s bluntness. Now she just loved it.

Buffy got home around seven-thirty and she was greeted with the sound of high-pitched squealing and giggling. She walked into the living room to find Kat and Lilly having an absolute cow, over something to which she was clueless.

“Okay… what did I miss?”

Kat hurriedly explained that the cutest, most popular guy in school had just asked her out over the phone. Buffy was stunned at first. Kat hadn’t actually had a boyfriend until now, so Buffy hadn’t had to deal with the revelation that she was starting to grow up.

“His name is RJ and he’s the quarterback on the football team. Can I PLEASE go out with him tomorrow night? Lilly invited me on a double date with her boyfriend.”

Buffy bit her lip and thought it over for a minute. Kat worked the puppy eyes for all she was worth and Buffy gave in with a sigh.

“Okay, you can go, but you have to be home by ten.”

Kat squeaked and threw her arms around her mother’s neck. “Yay! I love you, I love you, I love you!”

Lilly nodded her head and said with approval, “Ms. Summers you officially rock out of control.”

Buffy just laughed and started filling them in on how things had gone at the studio. Kat was beyond psyched about the fact that her mom was going to be in a movie.

“This is going to be so cool! We can go and watch you in theaters and everything! You’ll be even more famous than you are now.”

“Eh… I’m not sure it’ll be all that different. You see me on TV now in music videos. I’ll just be talking instead of singing. It’s no big.”

Kat rolled her eyes and whacked her arm playfully. “Only you would think being in a movie isn’t cause for a fireworks celebration.”

They all hung out happily and watched TV together until it was time to hit the sack. Kat and Lilly had school in the morning, so they went to bed a little earlier. Buffy fell asleep on the couch, in the middle of watching one of her favorite old films: Les Miserables.
End Notes:
Please review!
Start of Something New by Kiera Thornton
Chapter Four: Start of Something New

When Kat got home from her date with RJ the next night, she had an all-out babble fest. Buffy lost track after the first 20 minutes of hearing how sweet and cute he was.

“…and omigod mom he has the most beautiful eyes…”

Buffy just listened with a smile until Kat had to stop talking to breathe.

“I’m glad you had a good time.”

Kat sighed and laid head on Buffy’s shoulder.
“I really did. He’s an amazing kisser.”

Buffy’s eyes widened at that and she just sat there in shock. Her baby was growing up too fast for her liking. Kat looked at her and giggled at the expression on her face.

“Don’t worry mom, I’m not gonna let him knock me up or anything.”

Buffy smiled and pulled Kat into a tight hug.

“Good, because I want to keep you my little girl forever.”

Buffy’s eyes watered a little and Kat snuggled into her side lovingly. They sat that way for quite a while before heading to bed.

~Two Weeks Later~

The filming on the movie had started and Buffy loved every second of it. The concert was only a few days away and Spike was having zero luck finding Buffy beforehand.

He realized it would probably be best to wait for the concert to arrive, as it would spare a lot of time and effort on his part. The thought did nothing to ease his nerves, though. He still wanted desperately to make contact with his first love again.

With nothing better to do in the mean time, he went off to catch a few shows on Broadway.

Kat and Lilly headed out to the Bronze that night for some quality girl time, even though Kat was still happily dating RJ. She needed some time with her best friend for a change and she promised her mother she’d be home by ten.

They hadn’t even been gone for an hour when they came back in. Kat was bawling her eyes out and Lilly was trying to comfort her. The brunette flew into Buffy’s arms and clung to her tightly. Buffy stroked her hair gently and was starting to get really concerned.

“What’s wrong, baby?”

“RJ’s an asshole!”

Buffy was completely taken aback by that statement. For the last two weeks Kat had seemed nothing but content with him.

“What happened, honey?”

Kat sniffled and said miserably, “The bastard cheated on me with some skanky blonde bimbo. Lilly and I caught them making out in the Bronze.”

A fresh wave of tears hit her and she buried her face in Buffy’s neck. Lilly was sitting on the couch looking just as upset as Buffy was. She wanted to comfort her best friend but she knew there wasn’t much she could do.

Buffy rubbed Kat’s back sympathetically and kissed the top of her head.
“I’m sorry, sweetie. I wish there was something I could do.”

Kat wiped her eyes and said, “But wait… it gets even better. When I asked him why he was doing it, he said it was because I wouldn’t sleep with him. He dumped because I’m not his whore. Jackass.”

Buffy snorted in proud amusement and hugged her daughter tightly.

“He doesn’t deserve you, honey. Just forget about him.”

Kat nodded and grabbed Lilly’s hand before heading upstairs. She’d pretty much moved in lately. Buffy didn’t have a problem with it since Lilly was a really sweet girl, and she kept Kat company when Buffy wasn’t home.

When Kat and Lilly got upstairs to the room they were sharing, Lilly got really quiet and stared at the floor, alerting the brunette that her friend was upset. She sat next to Lilly on the bed and asked worriedly, “What’s wrong?”

Lilly looked at her and sighed, knowing she was just going to have to spit it out. “I’m glad it didn’t work out between you and RJ.”

“Huh?” Kat was more than a little confused, and she wasn’t sure whether to be hurt or offended by her friend’s comment.

“Your mom was right. He doesn’t deserve you.”

Relief filled Kat’s eyes as she smiled at the blonde beside her. “Thanks. I’m glad you think so.”

Lilly bit her lip as she reached up and touched Kat’s cheek gently. She leaned in and kissed the brunette on the lips, catching her completely off guard.

Kat thought it was weird at first to be kissing a girl, who also happened to be her closest friend, but after a minute she relaxed and realized it was a good kind of weird.

Her heart was racing and her palms were a little sweaty by the time they broke out of it. Kissing RJ had never been that exciting.

“Wow…”

Kat kept her eyes closed and took a deep breath. When she opened her eyes Lilly was smiling at her, so she smiled back.

“I hope you’re not mad. I’ve been trying to find a way to tell you for a while… I like you.”

Kat had never felt so nervous and excited in her life. “I think I like you too.”

They kissed again for awhile before snuggling together and going to sleep. It would seem the night had been an end to one relationship and the start to another; more proof that every cloud has a silver lining.

When Katrina woke up in the morning, she was surprised to feel a warm body cuddled into hers. She smiled as she remembered the events of the previous night.

She’d thought the evening would be disastrous, but it had turned out to be wonderful instead. She ran her fingers through Lilly’s blonde hair and ducked her head shyly when the girl opened her eyes.

“Morning, beautiful.”

Kat blushed and turned her head away in embarrassment. Lilly grabbed her chin gently and turned it back toward her.

A worried frown creased her brow as she asked quietly, “Do you regret it?”

Kat looked up in surprise at the uncertainty in the blonde’s voice. She was used to Lilly being strong and confident about everything. Now she sounded small and fragile. She felt the overwhelming need to reassure her that everything was okay.

“Of course not. Kissing you was… amazing. I’ve never felt anything like it.”

It was Lilly’s turn to blush when Kat leaned in to kiss her softly. Their lips and tongues slowly became acquainted as the kiss progressed. Suddenly Kat pulled back, wide-eyed, and put her hand over her mouth.

“Oh my god! You still have a boyfriend.”

Neither of them had been thinking about that when they’d been kissing. Lilly bit her ip as her mind raced. She came to a decision and smiled.

“I want you more.”

Kat’s jaw dropped and she was silent for a second.

“Huh?”

Lilly smiled and grabbed hold of her hand. “I’ll break up with Tony.”

“But you guys have been dating for six months.” Kat was still in shock from the new information.

Before she could say anything else, Lilly was kissing her again, soft and slow and gentle. Kat melted at the feeling and deepened the embrace.

When they parted for air Kat was feeling one hundred and ten percent better. “I don’t think I’ll get tired of doing that.”

Lilly nodded in agreement and laid her head on the brunette’s shoulder.

“We should probably get up soon.”

Kat sighed and glanced at the clock. “My mom’s at the studio by now, so we have the house to ourselves.”

Lilly sat up in excitement and asked, “Do you know what this means?”

Kat shook her head in the negative.

“Myspace pictures!”

Kat giggled at her soon-to-be girlfriend’s antics and they got up to ready themselves for the photo session.
End Notes:
Please review!
A Cause for Hope by Kiera Thornton
Chapter Five: A Cause for Hope

The night of the concert arrived and Spike was nervous as hell. He’d been waiting for this event for weeks. This was his chance to confront her for the first time in sixteen years.

He got himself showered and dressed nicely, and he arrived two hours early due to his nervous anticipation. As he stood in line waiting for the doors to open, he couldn’t stop himself from repeatedly checking his wristwatch.

A tight lump formed in his throat when a black limo, no doubt containing Buffy, passed by the crowd and pulled into the private parking garage.

Buffy went in through the back along with Kat and Lilly. They’d both gotten dressed up and had come with her, to show their support backstage.

Lilly had broken up with her boyfriend a few weeks earlier and since then she and Kat had started dating.

It was kind of a pain to keep their relationship hidden from Buffy, but they didn’t think she would approve. They still held hands and hugged, since they’d always done that as friends, but they refrained from kissing in front of anyone.

When Buffy went on stage they heard the crowd roar in approval. They settled on one of the couches backstage and cuddled up together.

Spike was in a much less comfortable position. The tickets had assigned seating and he was nowhere near the first row. He was forced to watch his beautiful angel from a distance.

He was grateful, however, when it was announced that there would be a fundraiser at the end of the concert, where fans would be admitted backstage if they donated over $200 to the AIDS relief foundation.

Spike decided right then that he’d be willing to pay anything if he got to see her again.

When the time came for the fundraiser most of the fans left. Only Spike and a handful of other fans, mostly men, stayed behind.

Spike decided to drop a real whammy on Buffy and he donated $1,000 to the charity. One of the bulky security guards ushered him backstage and he was told to wait in a specified area.

He sat on one of the couches in the large room and tapped his fingers on his knees. He saw two teenaged girls cuddling affectionately on the other side of the room. He thought it was absolutely adorable.

A low chatter started between some of the people sitting around him, and he managed to catch only every third or fourth whispered word.

All talking ceased when Buffy entered the room. He saw in the corner of his eye that the two girls had now put a little space between them. It was a bit peculiar but he thought nothing more of it. He swallowed hard as he focused all of his attention on his golden goddess.

While she looked good on TV and great in the magazines, there was nothing that compared to seeing her in person.

She looked around the room at each person and he wagered she didn’t recognize him, as she didn’t even pause on his face. People got up after that and formed a line in front of her, under the close watch of the security guards, and the chatting started quietly again.

He made sure he was at the end of the line so he wouldn’t be rushed when his turn came. He wanted to take his time in talking to her and the last thing he needed was some angry fan breathing down his neck.

After about fifteen minutes it was finally his go. He stepped up close to her and said in a seductive tone, “Ello, love.”

He grinned when he saw her visibly tremble in reaction. It pleased him greatly to know he still had such a strong physical affect on her.

She swallowed hard and stared at him shock. He seemed so familiar, and yet unlike anyone she’d ever met.

“Do I… Who are you?”

He grinned and stepped a little closer.

“You don’t recognize me, pet?”

Her eyes widened as she looked into his baby blues and realized who he was. His name came from her lips in a disbelieving whisper.

“William…”

He looked so different now. She couldn’t believe the man standing in front of her was the same one she’d loved in high school. Gone was the slightly nerdy poet and here was the epitome of sex on legs.

“It’s Spike now, actually.”

He hooked his thumbs through his belt looks and gave her a sexy smirk.

She scrunched up her nose with a giggle and crossed her arms.

“Do I really have to call you that?”

He chuckled at the expression on her face and he shook his head slowly.

“No… I reckon you don’t, Goldilocks.”

She looked him over, as she inwardly swooned over the nickname, and she asked with raised brows, “So what brought on this drastic change?”

“Joined a band. I was ready for a change.”

He raised a hand to touch her cheek gently, causing the guards to get twitchy and ready to intervene, and he looked into her eyes.

She felt like she was melting under his gaze. It was so intense and passionate, and it swept her into the past.

“You look… bloody amazin’.”

She blushed at the compliment and ducked her head. “Thank you. So do you.”

He dropped his hand and shuffled his feet awkwardly, his insecurities taking hold.

“Can I see you again?”

She looked up quickly and her brows furrowed. “You want to see me again?”

“Of course I do, love. I’ve missed you more than words can describe.”

She backed away from him a step and looked down, concealing the tears that were welling in her eyes, and she wrapped her arms around herself protectively.

“It’s been sixteen years, Will. How can you still miss me?”

He could tell he’d hit a sore spot and he felt like a wanker. He hadn’t meant to make her sad. He would never intentionally hurt her, but it seemed he always managed to by accident.

“I do miss you, love. I’m so sorry.”

Words couldn’t justify just how sorry he felt, but he was hoping she’d give him an opportunity to show her.

She looked back up and into his eyes. She saw the honesty and remorse in him, clear as day, and it softened her resolve slightly.

“Okay, Will. You can see me again. Do you have a cell phone?”

He grinned happily and pulled it out of his pocket, thanking the stars that he’d thought to get one shortly after arriving in the States. His England number wouldn’t have done him any good here. He handed it to her and watched as she programmed her information in it.

She handed it back with a small smile. “Call me sometime and we can talk.”

He smiled at how she’d put herself under ‘Goldilocks’ and he stuffed his phone away before asking, “There any chance I could get a hug from an old friend?”

She shifted uncomfortably and glanced around the room, inwardly debating whether or not to hug him. Part of her was screaming to push him away, but another part of her longed to feel his arms around her again.

The weaker part of her won and she slowly stepped forward into his embrace. His arms wound around her tight and she rested her hands on his shoulder blades.

She closed her eyes and sighed quietly as she pressed her cheek to his chest. Spike closed his eyes also and inhaled the sweet fragrance of her vanilla shampoo.

Both of them ached inside as they held each other close, reminiscing about times past and what they might’ve had. Neither of them wanted to let go, but the time came when they had to.

Buffy pulled back first and Spike saw tears glistening in her eyes. He brushed the pads of his thumbs over her cheeks and whispered comforting words to her.

“Shhh, kitten… Don’t cry. I’m here now an’ I’m not goin’ anywhere.”

She nodded weakly and moved her gaze to the ground. He tilted her chin back up with a slight frown.

“Please don’t hide those gorgeous green eyes from me, pet.”

She blushed a cute pink and he grinned. “That’s better.”

He kissed her forehead quickly then backed up with a smile.

“I’ll call you.”

She swallowed around the lump in her throat. “Okay.”

He winked back at her as he was leaving and she felt like melting again. She sighed softly in resignation and muttered under her breath.

“That man is pure evil. I’m so doomed…”
End Notes:
TBC... Please review! I have the first 12 chapters written, but only the first 5 typed. I'll try to update soon.
New and Old by Kiera Thornton
Author's Notes:
Due to people already reading and reviewing, so quickly after I posted the first few chapters, I've decided to post another one tonight. I just typed it up and I hope you enjoy :)
Chapter Six: New and Old

When Buffy, Kat, and Lilly got back into the limo, the quiet didn’t last for long. Buffy looked over at the giggling teenagers and raised her brows.

“What’s so funny?”

Kat grinned and said, “We saw that hug action earlier, missy. It looks like you’ve got yourself a stud, because I know you don’t act that way with all of your fans.”

Buffy blushed a little and ducked her head. She wasn’t quite sure how to explain to Kat just who she’d been hugging.

“It’s more complicated than that.”

Kat noticed the change in Buffy’s demeanor and she went to sit next to her, a worried frown on her face.

“Mom?”

Buffy bit her lip and took Kat’s hand in hers.

“The man I was hugging earlier… he’s your father.”

The brunette’s jaw threatened to touch the floor when she realized what her mother had said.

“What? How?”

She was completely baffled by this unexpected revelation. Buffy swallowed hard and shook her head slowly.

“I don’t know, sweetie. That’s the first time I’ve spoken to him in sixteen years.”

Kat took a deep breath and looked down with a frown.

“Are you going to see him again?”

She looked back up as she waited for an answer.

“I think so. He said he wanted to meet up so we can talk. I gave him my number.”

Kat nodded and wrapped her arms tight around her mother, sensing she needed comfort at the moment. Buffy held her close and kissed the top of her head.

When they reached the house they were all exhausted and ready for bed. They dragged their feet up the stairs tiredly and shut themselves in their rooms.

Kat cuddled up with Lilly and they fell asleep after sharing a few soft kisses. Before Buffy dozed off she pulled an old picture out of a drawer in her nightstand. It was the photo she’d taken with Will on the night of prom.

It had been so long ago and yet she could remember it like it was yesterday. A tear rolled down her cheek slowly as she closed her eyes. She fell asleep clutching the frame to her chest.

The next morning the two teenagers hung out in the kitchen while Buffy took a shower. Her cell phone started ringing and Kat picked it up to answer it. She frowned when she saw an unknown number.

“Hello?”

Spike was a bit taken aback when he heard a voice that wasn’t Buffy’s.

“Hello. Is Buffy around?”

Kat frowned a little when she heard an accented voice on the other end of the line. She didn’t think Buffy had any English friends.

“May I ask who’s calling?”

“Will.”

Kat’s eyes widened and she felt for a second like she might drop the phone. She gripped it tighter and took a steadying breath.

“Just a minute.”

She put her hand over the mouthpiece and ran up the stairs. She knocked on Buffy’s door and Buffy answered wearing a towel.

“What is it, honey?”

“It’s Will.”

Buffy felt frozen for a minute and then her heart started racing. She took the phone with a shaky hand and put it to her ear.

“Hello?”

“Hello, pet.”

Kat went back downstairs and Buffy closed her bedroom door to get dressed.

“Will… I’m glad you called.”

She had a hint of girlish excitement in her voice, like she was a freshman in high school all over again.

“Couldn’t wait to call you, love. I just saw you last night and I already miss you again.”

She melted a little at his words and smiled as she pulled her jeans on. Somehow it was easy to forget he’d been gone for so long when she heard his voice. It was comforting and made it nearly impossible to be bitter.

“I miss you too.”

Her admission was quiet and she blushed a little in embarrassment. Even though she couldn’t see Spike, she knew he’d be grinning from ear to ear.

“Glad to hear it, pet. I do have a question for you though. Who was that who answered your phone?”

Buffy swallowed nervously as she tried to think of a way to dodge the question.

“That’s a long story, Will. I think it’d be better if we sat down and talked in person.”

Spike was confused by her evasive response, but he brightened at the prospect of seeing her.

“Sure. That’d be great. Are you doing anything today?”

She bit her lip and tilted her head in contemplation. She didn’t have anything planned, but she was still baffled by the problem of telling Spike about Katrina.

“No. I’m free. Could you come over here?”

It was Spike’s turn to be a little nervous. She wanted him to come over so they could talk face to face. What could be so important that they couldn’t meet in public?

“All right. I’ll need directions and an address.”

She gave him what he asked for and they hung up soon after. Buffy went downstairs to find Kat and Lilly looking thick as thieves in the kitchen.

“All right… What are you two planning now?”

They jumped in surprise and Buffy smirked, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Hey mom. Can we go to the mall and the movies for a few hours?”

Buffy frowned a little and said, “Somehow I know you’re up to something.”

They shook their heads rapidly with innocent grins on their faces. Buffy sighed and caved in, against her better judgment. It would be convenient to have them out of the house for a little while, what with Spike coming over to talk and all.

“Fine. Two hours at the mall and then a movie. Then you come straight home.”

Kat jumped out of her seat and gave Buffy a big hug, squealing happily.

“I will! Promise.”

Once the two girls left, Buffy just sat at the kitchen table with her chin resting on her palm. She had so many thoughts running through her head and she still didn’t know what she was going to tell Spike.

Across town, Spike had finished getting ready and called a taxi. It arrived ten minutes later and he gave the driver all the necessary information.

As they neared Buffy’s neighborhood Spike became aware that the scenery was changing. Everything was bigger and nicer, complete with taller trees and greener lawns. This was what money looked like.

He whistled quietly when he saw her house. She’d had a fairly big house in Sunnydale, but it was a box compared to the mansion she owned now.

He paid the taxi driver then walked up her long, winding driveway to the front gate, which was made of iron and looked sort of ominous. The whole area was surrounded by thick hedges, so no one could spy into the property.

He pressed the call button on the key pad beside the gate. It made a buzzing noise and then there was silence as he waited.

Buffy’s heart started racing as she heard the buzzer go off. She walked to the control panel in the living room and took a deep breath as she opened the front gate.

“Show time.”
End Notes:
Please review! It inspires me to post faster. Seriously. Thanks to Pam S, burnkitty, Roma, and PhotographyNut for reviewing already!
Picking Up the Pieces by Kiera Thornton
Author's Notes:
Thank you to IT, cordykitten, Pet, Ivana, burnkitty, msspikester, and PhotographyNut for reviewing on the last chapter :)
Chapter Seven: Picking Up the Pieces

Spike walked around Buffy’s living room slowly as he waited for her to come back from the kitchen. He’d felt a bit parched so she was pouring them both a glass of sweetened tea. He couldn’t help but to feel a little nervous as well, being in her house for the first time in sixteen years.

Spike stopped walking when he came to a display of pictures on one of the walls. There were a couple of Buffy and a couple of another girl. The pictures showed a baby, a girl of about 8, and then a nice school photo of a teenager.

As he pieced it all together he couldn’t believe what he was seeing. Buffy had a daughter? He figured now that must be who’d answered the phone earlier. The only thing that puzzled him was the lack of a man in any of the pictures, and there were no wedding photos on display. A frown marred his brow as he continued looking.

Buffy came into the room and froze when she saw what he was looking at. She’d have to tell him now for certain. He was bound to ask whether she liked it or not.

She set the glasses down on the coffee table and cleared her throat to alert her presence. Spike turned quickly and gave her a questioning look.

“You should probably sit down.”

He nodded slowly and went to sit on the sofa. She sat beside him and folded her hands nervously in her lap.

“Her name is Katrina and she’s fifteen.”

He looked down at the beige carpet with a frown. He hated knowing that she had a child with another man. Any hopes of a future with her had been bashed into the ground.

“Who’s the father?”

Buffy swallowed hard against the lump in her throat. It was now or never. She took a deep, shaky breath and took the plunge.

“You are.”

His head snapped up sharply and he met her gaze with disbelief and uncertainty written on his face.

“Pardon?”

“She’s yours, Will.”

Spike was still in shock and his brain hadn’t returned to full functionality yet.

“How?”

Buffy rolled her eyes and arched a brow.

“You can’t seriously be asking me that.”

He shook his head slowly as it all started sinking in.

“That one time, and…”

She nodded and dropped her gaze to her lap. She wouldn’t blame him if he hated her now.

“You’re the only man I’ve ever slept with, Will. I found out I was pregnant that summer after you left for England. My mom freaked and moved me up here before the next school year even started.”

He ran his fingers repeatedly through his hair as he tried to come to terms with this new information. He looked up at the pictures on the wall and sighed.

“She’s beautiful.”

“She’s got your eyes.”

He nodded and turned his gaze back to Buffy. His heart ached as he thought about the fact that he had a daughter he’d never met. It was killing him that he’d missed out on so many wonderful things. He wished he could’ve been there through the pregnancy and afterward to partake in Katrina’s childhood.

“Can I meet her?”

Buffy was marginally surprised at his request but not unpleased. She tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear as she nodded.

“She’s out with her best friend right now, but she’ll be home in a few hours.”

He fidgeted a little as he asked his next question.

“Does she know about me?”

“Yes. I told her all about it when she was nine. She didn’t really understand it that well, but she does now.”

An awkward silence fell between them for a while, until Spike was the one to break it finally.

“I want to be a part of her life.”

A soft smile graced Buffy’s lips and she said quietly, “I’m sure she’d love that.”

Spike looked down shyly and muttered, “I want to be a part of your life, too.”

She blushed involuntarily when she realized what he’d said, but the smile never left her face.

“I’d like that, Will.”

“You would?”

She nodded and reached over to touch his hand. He turned it over slowly and held her hand in his, squeezing it gently.

The simple contact of their hands brought memories and feelings rushing back unbidden. Buffy closed her eyes for a second to push them back down to where she kept them hidden.

He brushed his thumb over the back of her hand and she trembled slightly. She looked into his eyes and she felt her body start shaking slightly. She was overwhelmed with emotion and feeling very much like she’d like to cry.

She closed her eyes again to gather her wits, and a second later she felt soft, warm lips pressed against hers. Spike cupped her left cheek in his free hand as he kissed her, feeling emboldened when she didn’t move to break away.

She kissed him back slowly and her pulse pounded rapidly in her veins. The kiss broke off shortly and she let her tears come. She was tired of fighting to hold them in.

Spike wrapped his arms around her and held her close as she cried. He didn’t loosen his grip until she lifted her head and looked at him through watery green eyes.

He wiped her tears from her cheeks with a sad smile playing on his face.

“I missed you so much, Will.”

“I missed you too, kitten.”

She buried her face in his neck and he stroked her back. He held her that way for a while until she’d stopped crying completely.

After that they snuggled up together to watch TV. Buffy rested her cheek against his chest and he kept an arm around her waist. A happy smile adorned each of their faces. After so long apart they were finally together again.

Meanwhile, at the mall, Kat and Lilly had met up with some people from school. Most of them were seniors, since they were Lilly’s friends, but a few of them had already graduated.

The two teens had ended up going to the movie first, and having a vigorous make-out session in the theater, so now they were just hanging out behind the mall.

Lilly was against the brick wall with her arms around Kat’s waist. Kat leaned back against her with a smile as she smoked her second cigarette. Lilly had already gone through three and the rest of her friends were still at it.

Her eighteenth birthday was in four days and she was supremely happy that she’d soon be able to buy her own cigarettes. Kat stroked one of her forearms with her free hand, the other bringing her lit cigarette up to her lips for another drag. She exhaled slowly and flicked her ash onto the pavement, relishing the calm the nicotine and Lilly’s embrace were giving her.

Lilly leaned forward to nip playfully at her ear and she couldn’t stop a giggle from slipping out. The blonde slipped a hand just under the edge of her shirt, earning her a playful slap on the wrist.

“Not here, baby.”

She smiled affectionately at her girlfriend as she put her cigarette out with her shoe. She turned and gave Lilly a soft, yet promising kiss on the lips.

“You wanna go home?”

Lilly nodded in agreement and smacked Kat’s ass with a laugh. The brunette pretended to glare then exacted her revenge in the form of tickles. Once the laughter died down she smiled and said, “Let’s go then.”


They said goodbye to Lilly’s friends then headed toward the blonde’s car. When they arrived at the house they walked to the front door hand-in-hand. They separated when Kat opened the door and stepped into the foyer.

She paused as she heard a familiar male voice accompanied by her mother’s. She looked at Lilly and whispered, “I think that’s my father.”

Lilly’s eyes widened and she mouthed, ‘Really?’ She grabbed Kat’s hand and squeezed it supportively, leaning in to press a kiss to the brunette’s forehead.

“Do you want to go in and find out?”

Kat nodded and started walking toward the living room, her legs shaking a little from nervousness.

“I guess it’s time to meet my dad.”
End Notes:
Please review! I'd love to know what you think so far.
Dinner and a Make-Out by Kiera Thornton
Author's Notes:
Don't you just love my super corny chapter title? lol Hope you enjoy! Thanks to cordykitten, Pet, burnkitty, and PhotographyNut for reviewing the last chapter.
Chapter Eight: Dinner and a Make-Out

Buffy sat up as she heard the front door open. She’d been firmly encompassed in Spike’s arms and loving every second of it.

“That’ll be Kat and Lilly.”

Buffy bit her lip and looked Spike in the eye to gauge his reaction. She wanted to make sure he wasn’t having second thoughts about this. He looked decidedly… nervous. She took his hand in hers and gave it a good squeeze.

“It’ll be okay. She’s been wanting to meet you for a long time.”

He nodded and tried to look confident, but he was even more nervous now. The girl probably had huge expectations for him, and he didn’t know if he’d live up to them.

To say he was shocked when the girls walked into the room would’ve been an understatement. They were the girls he’d seen backstage after the concert. It explained there presence there, but at the same time it confused him. He’d thought for sure they were a couple with the way they’d been acting. It was difficult for him to believe they were just best friends.

He swallowed hard as his gaze leveled with Katrina’s. So this was his daughter. His throat closed up on him and he didn’t know what to say. Kat shifted awkwardly where she stood and looked at Buffy with an expression that clearly stated, ‘HELP!’

Buffy cleared her throat and started the introductions. “Will… this is Katrina. Kat… this is William, your father.”

Kat stepped forward slowly and said nervously, “Hi… It’s… It’s nice to meet you.”

Tears welled up, unbidden, in his eyes and he struggled to keep his voice even as he replied. “It’s nice to meet you, too.”

Buffy saw that the two needed a moment alone, so she kissed his cheek quickly and got up from the couch.

“Lilly, can you help me in the kitchen for a minute?”

The blonde nodded and followed Buffy out of the room, so Kat and her father could speak for a moment without distraction.

Kat sat down next to Spike on the couch and there was a moment of awkward silence between them. One set of blue eyes met the other and they both broke down at the same time.

Kat flung herself into his arms and he quickly wrapped her in a tight embrace. He closed his eyes and rubbed her back gently as she cried on his shoulder.

He surmised that the Summers women were apparently prone to getting emotional in his presence, as her mother had cried in his arms only a few hours prior. To give them the credit they were due, he’d turned into a crybaby in front of both of them as well.

When they’d stopped crying they started talking. They both established that they wanted to get to know each other better and Spike agreed to stick around for a while, instead of heading straight back to England as he’d planned.

After talking things through they went into the kitchen to find Buffy and Lilly. Buffy was relieved to see them both smiling happily. She’d started on making spaghetti for dinner, so she already had the noodles and sauce cooking on the stove.

“Kat, honey, would you set the table?”

The brunette nodded and started getting the plates and silverware together. Buffy looked at Spike and asked hopefully, “Would you stay for dinner?”


He smiled even more at her request and took a few steps toward her, stopping mere inches away. “I’d really like that, pet.”

Kat watched them interact with a little grin. They were adorable together and he obviously made her mother very happy.

She finished setting the table quickly and grabbed Lilly’s hand to drag her out of the kitchen. She could tell her parents needed some alone time, which actually thrilled her more than she’d thought possible. It was now in the realm of a possibility that they would be a family for the first time in her life.

Buffy rolled her eyes as she heard Kat and Lilly giggling in the living room. She looked at Spike and suddenly the temperature in the room seemed to rise. He was giving her that look that made her want to melt.

“Now I’ve got you all to myself again.” He chuckled lightly and pulled her into his arms.

“Mhmm… What are you gonna do with me?”

She molded her body against his as he pressed her against the edge of the counter. The kiss started slow, but it quickly gained tempo and turned into something raw and passionate.

She was soon running her fingers through his hair as he squeezed her hips with his hands. She wrapped one of her legs around his and moaned into his mouth. Sixteen years of pent up frustration and longing for each other had made them both clingy and needy.

He broke the kiss and dipped his head down to nuzzle her neck affectionately. He started by feathering kisses across the column of her throat and nibbling on her earlobe. Then his tongue darted out to taste her and he groaned quietly.

She held him against her with a firm grip and rubbed her bare foot against the back of his pant leg. He sucked hard on her pulse point and slipped his hand under her shirt to stroke her stomach.

“Mmm… Will.” She moaned wantonly and clutched him tighter.

His body was showing a definite reaction to hers and he wanted to bury himself inside her, right then and there, but a loud cough from the doorway brought him back to reality.

Kat wore a smirk and crossed her arms while Lilly laughed her ass off at their expense.

“It looks like your parents were about to give you a little sister.”

Kat laughed and teased the two adults shamelessly, “Next time you guys should try getting a room and locking the door.”

Buffy blushed ten shades of red and Spike coughed in embarrassment. They pulled away from each other slowly, wearing identical ‘oops’ expressions.

Suddenly Spike broke out in a grin and chuckled heartily. It must’ve been contagious because soon Buffy was giggling cutely with him. He gave her a peck on the lips and swatted her on the rear playfully.

Kat and Lilly sat down while Spike and Buffy put the food on the table. Dinner went smoothly with lots of pleasant conversation between the four. Buffy and Kat filled Spike in on the last few years, as much as they could in one sitting anyway. When the meal was finished the teens got to work on doing the dishes.

Spike walked into the living room with his arm wrapped snugly around Buffy’s waist. He plopped down on the sofa and she squealed as he pulled her onto his lap.

They started kissing between laughs and giggles, but she pulled back before it could get too serious.

“Mmm… behave.”

He smirked and wrapped his arms around her contently.

“I’m so glad to be here, love. Thank you for letting me back into your life. I’d very much like to stay this time.”

His words were spoken with such conviction that her knees felt weak, making her thankful she was sitting, and her heart started beating a little faster.

“Good, because I don’t want you to leave me again.”

He felt terribly guilty at the reminder and compensated by kissing her deeply. It left both of them feeling a little breathless. She looked into his eyes and gathered up the courage to make a request.

“Would you… stay here with me? In this house?”

She knew he was living in England at the moment, but she really didn’t want him going back there unless it was to get his stuff. She’d lost him once to that place and she didn’t want to lose him again.

He was floored by her question and he didn’t know how to respond at first.

“You want me to move in with you?”

“If it means you won’t be living in a different country overseas? Absolutely. Also… I kind of like having you around.”

She teased him with a smile and kissed him quickly. He was still stunned, but he’d added incredibly happy to the list.

“There’s not much I’d love more than to live with you, kitten. Of course I’ll move in.”

She squealed loudly and kissed him enthusiastically, never tiring of having his lips on hers. He held onto her tightly as she eagerly and thoroughly ravished his mouth.

Kat and Lilly entered the room seconds later to see what all the commotion had been about. Buffy broke off the kiss when she noticed their presence. Before either of them could say anything, Buffy cut them off with an energetic exclamation.

“Spike’s moving in with us!”

Buffy was grinning widely and Spike had a similar expression on his face, albeit a slightly calmer one. Kat’s jaw dropped in surprise and she stood there frozen for a minute, trying to digest the new information.

She beamed brightly after her pause and said, “Good. It’s about damn time.” She nodded to reaffirm the certainty in her statement.

Spike grinned like a fool and Buffy cuddled up against him happily. Kat was definitely right about one thing. It WAS about time.
End Notes:
Hmm... Emotional Spike and sexually frustrated Spuffy. For clarity's sake, William does go by Spike and I'll be writing him as such, but Buffy has a special pass out of calling him that. Please review! :)
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=34906