Our Destiny by Katriina
Summary: Spike is a Slayer with a past, and Buffy is a vampire with her own history. What brought them together?
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: Yes Word count: 11884 Read: 14125 Published: 06/17/2009 Updated: 06/17/2009

1. The First Look by Katriina

2. Coffee by Katriina

3. The Next Evening by Katriina

4. How Do You Dust a Vamp? by Katriina

5. March 12th 1980 by Katriina

6. Believe Me by Katriina

7. Perks by Katriina

8. Making With The Mating by Katriina

9. You Are My Sunshine by Katriina

The First Look by Katriina
Author's Notes:
This is my first multichapter fic, so bear with me.
Thaks to petzipellepingo for a quick beta-work.
Framedinlove, Anni, you have to know why I mention you. You made the banner, and you gave me confidence to keep writing. Love ya honey!
*This is it? I´m gonna die here, alone in this cemetery, by the hands of a female vamp? And a small one as well. How can one vamp be this strong? I´ve fought countless numbers of vampires, and this one has me pinned down in what, five minutes? I´ve always been able to get out of dangerous situations with ease, but not this time, why?*

All this went through Spike’s head in an instant, making his mind twist and turn, like his brain was on overload, and then he felt a rough tongue swipe his neck, and a slight sting when sharp fangs entered his neck.

He waited the horrible pain to wash over him, but surprisingly there was no pain, just light pressure, and...oh! The pleasure! He had been told that vampires bite was a painful, terrible thing. But this was just pure pleasure that flowed trough his system and straight to his cock! He had never felt this alive, and wasn´t that the kicker!

*You´re the Slayer Spike! Don´t you dare find this arousing*, he thought, *you are above this, don´t let it affect you!* But his body had other plans, and he realised that if this went on he was gonna...ooh, just a bit more...there! The force of his orgasm was something he had never felt, there actually were bright colors flashing behind his eyes and an orchestra playing a triumphant symphony in his ears. It was all too much, just too much, he couldn´t take it, and suddenly everything went black.

As Spike slowly came to, he realised two things; first, the vampire wasn’t drinking his blood anymore but was licking the wounds closed, two, he really had just come in his pants like a...schoolboy! This was beyond humiliating, but he couldn´t muster enough energy to try and do something about the situation. He felt absolutely relaxed, drained of all muscle function, all senses dull, a bit out of his body. So he did the only thing he could, breathe slowly in and out, trying to get a hold of his body.

After a while Spike lifted his eyes to the vampire, who was now just sitting on top of him, and observing him intently. The moment Spike looked, really looked at her, he knew he was in trouble, but not the usual vampire-kind-of-trouble, no. He was attracted to her, there was no denying it. This vampire was blond, green eyed, petite figured, and just now she had the most playful smile on her lips. He felt the sudden urge to grab her and kiss that mouth till that smug smile was gone. *Damn it Spike! Get a hold of yourself!*

Spike had had his fair share of women in his 22 years, but he had never found one who would make him want to start a relationship. And being the Slayer had him thinking he might never have time for that. Besides, finding a girl who would accept that she would share him with the things that go ´Bump´ in the night, and live with the idea of him possibly dying any night, would be virtually impossible. Certainly he had never felt this kind of instant attraction towards another person.

And now his brain was telling him something else...what was it? Oh, *say something you idiot*, it was saying.
"Hello pet." *Yeah, that´s clever!*
"Hi. Nice to finally meet you Spike", she said, still smiling at him and his lack of brain function.

"Yes, it´s very nice, you attacking me, biting me, and knowing my name when I haven´t got the slightest idea who you might be."
"Oh, snarky! I like it. I´m Buffy, and please don´t comment on that, I´ve heard it all."
"OK, I won´t. It´s a fine name it is. That all right?"

"Yeah, very nice William." And this time the smug smile was even bigger.
"Huh?! Nobody, and I mean nobody knows my real name! Who are you?"
Spike had never told his name to anyone he currently knew, and that´s why after his mother died there wasn´t supposed to be anyone who knew it. He left that part of his life behind when he was 18, and just hearing the name William made him feel uneasy. Who was this chit?

"I told you, I´m Buffy. If you want to know, it´s Buffy Summers."
Spike thought he heard a bit of sadness in her tone, but he forgot it when his brain fought to remember something.
"Why does that sound somewhat familiar? I´m pretty sure I´ve heard that name before."

"You have. But this is more of talking over a cup of coffee kind of thing, not sitting on top of you in the cemetery kind of thing", Buffy said, this time a warm smile blooming on her face.
"Oh yeah, right. We should get up then."
"And will I find a stake in my heart if I let you get up?"

Spike thought that for a few seconds, but actually he didn´t need to. He knew he wouldn´t stake her, no way. He had always relied a lot on his instincts, and this was one of those situations.
"No. I think I need to hear what you have to say. Also, you had your fangs in my neck, but you didn´t drain me, that´s very odd. And last, I´m not sure I could even beat you in a fight, which bugs me...But, all in all, I know a place where we can go to get that coffee. That OK?"

"Yeah, it is. And I won´t attack you again, or anybody else, promise. It´s not who I am. That thing earlier, that was an exception to a rule. That OK?"
"Sure. Let me get up?"

When they both were up they eyed each other warily. Neither knew what the other would do next. Would they really stay true to their promises? Spike knew he had to make a quick decision, and on a primal level the Slayer in him made it for him, and he knew he could trust this girl...this vampire. *how weird is this* he thought.

"So, we going or not", he asked waving his hand to a general direction of the coffee-house.
"Sure. I already told you so, didn´t I?"
"You did, you did. Let’s go", Spike said with an amused smile on his face.
And so they went, matching their steps to a comfortable rhythm, hands almost brushing together, but not quite. They didn´t speak, neither could come up with anything casual, and everything important would have to wait
TBC
End Notes:
There you go, hope it made some one happy :)
Coffee by Katriina
*How long can two people sitting at the same table facing each other keep quiet? I mean this is getting really ridiculous! And why in hell can´t I stop talking to myself ? This is bad, I am starting to feel incredibly stupid*, Spike thought.


And Buffy wasn´t helping him. She seemed to be just as lost for words as he was. Finally Spike couldn´t take it anymore and blurted out the main question in his head.


"Who are you? I mean, I know you´re a vampire, but you´re not like the others. I thought for sure I was a goner when I felt you bite me, but I’m still here. Why?" He was puzzled and hoped Buffy could answer his questions. He didn´t like it when things went totally out of his control, and a powerful vampire who acted very strangely was one of those things.


Buffy took a sip of her coffee and thought for a moment where to begin. She couldn´t tell everything at once, there was too much Spike needed to know. Plus it was 2 am, so Spike was probably tired as well. And a tired Slayer is a cranky Slayer, that she knew. There was also the question of trust. Would he believe all she had to tell? She just had to trust him to at least listen to what she told, and she would deal with what came next.


"My whole name is Buffy Anne Summers, and I was born in 1962. I was called as a Slayer 16 years later...no, wait! Let me finish, please", she said when Spike was about to interrupt her with a bunch of questions.


"I lived in LA, and had a watcher named Merrick. At that time the Council still had this charming little tradition called the Crusiamentum. You know about it?"
"Yeah, Giles, my watcher told me about it, and that they stopped it in 1990´s."
"Well, my watcher didn´t want me to go through with it, told that to them and they simply had him killed, as I learned later."


At this point Buffy had tears in her eyes, and she stopped for awhile to wipe them and drink some more coffee.


Spike’s heart ached both for her loss and the pang in his soul when she said it was the Council who killed her watcher whether he believed it or not, but he couldn´t find the words to say something, and before his brain kicked in again Buffy continued her story.


"While I was still mourning him they sent me a new watcher, this Wesley-guy, and he went on with the whole power-stealing-gig. He just told me I had some virus which would go away with some rest.

They locked me in with this crazy as hell vampire who danced and talked to the stars or something, and before I knew it she had me thralled. I just couldn´t help it, I had to look into her eyes."


"So she had a Slayer in a thrall, and she didn´t kill you? She really must have been crazy, I mean I wish you didn´t die, just that it´s really strange. Was she the one who turned you?"

"Yes. When I rose, I didn´t at first realize I wasn´t with the living anymore. Then she started to talk about me as her baby, and how Mummy was gonna teach me how to make beautiful evil. That´s when it dawned on to me what had happened. As a vampire, I´m ashamed to say that I staked her right after that, and it hurt like hell when I did. And there I was, a turned Slayer, my soul very much in place, no desire to go and kill people. I couldn´t tell anyone, Council would have had me killed, my mother wasn´t going to understand anymore than my few friends would. I had no one. I went to get blood from butchers, and started my unlife alone. I think that pretty much covers who I am, at-least the Slayer/Vampire-part of it. Satisfied?"



Spike was far from satisfied, he had a million questions swimming in his head, which was starting to hurt. But he could see this was taking a lot out of Buffy mentally. But something made perfect sense now.
"That´s why you are so strong, you have both Slayer- and vampire-strength"
"Yes. I think that´s why I´m still here. There has been a lot of trouble over the years, believe me."


Spike was again rendered speechless. This was a lot to take in at once. But he believed her, no one could come up with that kind of story just to trick him.
"I do believe you Buffy. These years must have been very lonely to you, how have you been able to go on?"
"I have had a purpose. And that has brought me to you."


"Me as a Slayer, or me as a person?" He didn´t know which he hoped for. The man in him was attracted, and the Slayer in him was curious.


"Both actually, would you believe. But it´s getting really late. You must be tired. Can we continue this tonight? There is still so much I need to tell you."
"Sure, luv. Have you got a place to stay? You could come to my place."


"No, I have a place where I can get some much needed sleep. Should we meet here at 8pm?"

"OK, I must say that I´m intrigued. This is such a bizarre story, and I need to know how I fit in the picture. So, goodnight, well day, but who cares."


"Spike, just one more thing. Could you not tell anybody about me? Most importantly your Watcher. I´m thinking he won´t be as OK with this as you seem to be."


Spike needed to consider this. He usually kept his Watcher well in the picture. But would Giles call the Council about Buffy? Oh yes he would, that much Spike knew. And he couldn´t let that happen. Even if Buffy was a vampire now, she was also a Slayer. She had her soul, and she didn´t kill.

There was also this mysterious connection between them that Spike at this point couldn´t explain, and he needed Buffy to explain it. So there really wasn´t more than one option he was comfortable with.


"No, I won´t tell anybody. You have my word as a Slayer, and as a very confused guy", he said with a small smile.
"Thank you. You are one special man William. I’ll meet you here at 8."
And with that she was gone, leaving a puzzled Spike behind.
TBC
The Next Evening by Katriina
The day had been long for the both of them.

Spike still had so many questions, so much he wanted to know and understand. He realized he already missed Buffy, which was bloody ridiculous. He had known her less than 24 hours and yet he managed to long for her company more than any other woman he had ever known. It was ridiculous but it really didn´t bother him that much.


He kept looking at the clock every five minutes and drove his boss at the library absolutely mad. When he had eaten and taken a shower at home it was still only 7:15, but he couldn´t wait a second longer, so he grabbed his duster and headed to the coffee-shop.


Buffy had had trouble sleeping. Normally she kept vampire hours, and it should have been her favorite sleeping time when she had reached her hotel room early that morning - but no.


She kept thinking about the encounter with Spike over and over again, and blamed herself more and more every time for biting Spike. That wasn´t planned at all, but when she was sitting there, so close to him, knowing who and what he was, she hadn´t been able to stop herself. It had felt so good, so right. And she couldn´t make it un-happen.


But Spike didn´t go all stake happy on her afterwards, so maybe it would be ok. When she realized she couldn´t do anything about the situation now, she finally managed to drift into restless sleep for few hours.
And when she looked at the clock next time it was 7:30. *Time to go and see him, and please girl, keep it together!*


When Buffy arrived Spike was already sitting at the same table they had last night and drinking coffee. He glanced at her and smiled. Buffy smiled back, went and ordered herself a coffee and a chocolate muffin, and came to the table.


"Hi luv, you look a bit tired. Trouble sleeping", Spike asked and mentally kicked himself right after for saying she looked tired. *Yeah, girls just love it when you insult their looks, you git!*


"Well, I´m a vampire trying not to get dusted by a Slayer while telling him this really odd story, which may influence both our futures majorly, so yeah, I did have a lot of trouble sleeping.

And what about you? I didn´t scare you last night did I? I really didn´t mean to bite you it just happened ‘cause I was finally with you and I was so happy to see you and..." Buffy would probably kept babbling for God knows how long if Spike hadn´t stopped her.


"Breathe, just breathe. Oh, sorry, you don´t...Silly me. Just relax. I´m not mad at you. I have a lot of questions, but I´m not mad."


The waitress brought Buffy her coffee and muffin, and she drank few mouthfuls just to calm her nerves. *How on earth am I gonna make anything happen if I can´t stop acting like a nervous wreck? Which I actually am, oh God...*


"You like muffins? I thought vampires didn´t eat human food", Spike asked. *Have I missed some important lesson from Giles, again?*


"Well, they usually don´t, but I haven´t lost my ability to taste food that much, and chocolate, that´s just yummy. I need the blood to survive, but food is just for the girl in me."


"I see. I need to introduce you to the spicy buffalo wings they serve at the Bronze, I mean they are to die for. Figuratively speaking of course", Spike said smiling at Buffy, who smiled back and took a bite out of the muffin, then took a piece of it and fed it to Spike.


Spike opened his mouth and took the bite sucking Buffy’s fingers shortly into his mouth. A small electric shock zapped him and gave him a pleasant feeling that had nothing to do with eating and a lot to do with the sly little smile Buffy had on her lips.


*So you feel it too, do you now*, he thought and gave her a small grin returning to topic after that.


"You said you are alone most of the time, why is that?"


"Like I said, all my friends and even my mother thought that I died in 1980, and I never spoke to them again. I kept an eye on my mom, but always from afar, and she died three years ago. I don´t have too many friends since it is a bit hard to explain the sunlight allergy, and other vampires...lets just say that they are not on the saving-people- side like I am. So you see, it´s easiest to just be with...me. And now I´m rambling again, stopping now."


"I don´t mind you rambling, it´s actually bloody adorable. Could listen to you all night I could."

Buffy would have blushed if she could, but now she just lowered her eyes and smiled a cute smile while twirling a lock of her hair around her finger, and looked even more adorable in Spike’s eyes.


He kept forgetting that this was a vampire he was admiring, in his mind she was more a Slayer than a vampire. She was a good guy...well not a guy, a girl, definitely a girl.


"I said yesterday that you must be lonely, and I still wonder how you go on."
"And I said I have a purpose, a destiny if you wanna call it that. And it involves you Spike."
"Your destiny involves me? Are you pulling my leg?"


"No, I wouldn´t do that. You are perhaps my only chance for having a happy unlife. You ARE my destiny, William. You."


Spike saw the serious look in Buffy’s green eyes and his head was spinning again.
"How? How am I your destiny? And who told you this? And when? And if it´s true why don´t I know anything about this?"


Before Buffy could answer Spike’s cellphone rang. He tried to ignore it, but after "I wanna be sedated" played for awhile Buffy told him to answer it.


"Yeah, what is it? I really don´t have the time now Giles. -- What? Where? Are you sure? -- OK, I´ll go. Bye."


"That your Watcher?"
"Yes, and as much as I hate it, I must go. There is apparently this odd vampire gathering going on in one of the cemeteries."


Buffy opened up her vampire senses fully and could indeed feel one quite powerful vampire and many others.
"There is a fairly strong master vampire here, I can feel it. And the others are probably his minions. How did your Watcher know this?"


"We have few spies around town just so we know if there is something odd going on. There hasn´t been a real master vampire in Sunnydale for a long time, and it´s just my luck one decided to take over the town on THIS night. I´m so not in the mood for this, but I´ve got to go and see what I can do, I´m sorry to bail on you like this."


"Oh, you´re not going to leave me here mister! You think I´ll miss all the fun do you? I mean, taking down a master and others equals fun in my books. And you can use the help."


"You think I can´t beat them on my own? Hello, Slayer here, killed numerous vamps and demons all by myself."
Spike wasn´t really that offended since Buffy´s tone had been teasing, not mocking, but he had to defend himself and his abilities, thank you.


"You probably could, but it´s going to be so much more fun together. I promise you, you won´t regret fighting alongside me. You know I´m good, I´ll got your back."


Spike had no objections, he knew how strong Buffy was, and he already could feel the thrill of a good fight coursing through his body. This was gonna be fun, he knew it.
And with that thought he grabbed Buffys hand and started to pull her out of the coffee shop and towards the cemetery in question.


"You got my back, and I´ve got yours. Can´t wait to fight with another Slayer, between me and you Buffy, they´ve got no chance at all. Come on, this way."

TBC
How Do You Dust a Vamp? by Katriina
"How are we gonna play this out? Do you have a plan", Spike asked and wondered how easily he accepted Buffy’s help, and even her lead. *Maybe it´s ´cause she´s more experienced than me? Or I just can´t wait to see her in action?*


"Well, the most important part is taking the head guy out, others will be easy after that. I think I can do it pretty easily if you agree. I‘m a vamp you know, I can get near him fast. He won´t know what hit him. Is that OK with you?"


Spike had nothing against that plan. Buffy had sensed about twenty vamps, and that was too much for him alone.
"That sounds clever. I´ll wait ´till he’s gone and then we take the others out. We´re near, I can sense them too now."


They walked silently rest of the way to the cemetery and took a good look around.


"You wait behind those trees, and once the master´s dust I declare a contest."
"What contest?"
"Well who dusts more vamps of course! I can´t wait to see you in a real fight. Bet it´ll be hot."
"Oh it will be, luv. But what do I get if I win?"
"What do you want?"


Oh there were many things Spike wanted, but first things first.
"Answers. I need to know what you were talking about."
"You´ll get that anyway. As soon as those guys are dust in the wind. Pick something else."


"Okay, a kiss. A proper one." That was actually a very good idea when he thought about it.


"Deal. And if I win, you...well, you buy me chocolate."
"Chocolate? Are you serious? You can´t think anything more...exiting?"
"Oh, I can. But you aren´t ready for that kind of excitement -- yet. So, deal?"


"Deal. Now go on and get rid of that ugly bugger of a master."
"He is kind of ugly. I mean that hair alone is so 70´s, and those clothes..."
"Buffy! Forget the clothes luv. Dusting, remember?"
"Right, sorry. Going now."


Spike found a good place to observe what was happening in the cemetery. The master was standing on a tombstone and apparently giving some sort of pep talk to the others. Spike couldn´t hear what he was saying, but the whole group seemed to be fascinated. And then he saw Buffy making her way slowly towards the group.


Buffy put a sultry smile on her lips and brought her demon forward letting her face change. She knew how to get a reaction from any male, and these guys didn´t make an exception.


So she strolled trough the minions by just pushing them away, and ignored any objections that rose. In few moments she was standing in front of the master. She put her hands on her hips and anyone who could see her could tell she was no pushover. She had power and others could sense it.


The master of the group looked at her with an interested smile. This was a strong, beautiful vampire who would fit beside him nicely, nicely indeed.


"And who might you be? Come to join me have you?"
"That was the plan. Heard you came into town and wanted to check out if you are all that they say you are."


"Oh I am and then some. I wouldn´t say no to a pretty thing like you with us - with me. I´m David, you?"
"Anne. Now let me see up close how much of a master you are. You do look strong, I like it in my men", Buffy said jumping on the tombstone and looking David over and smiling approvingly.


"Do you now? I have a feeling that I like everything about you. I mean, what is there not to like?"
"Well", Buffy said inching her stake out of the waistband of her jeans.


"There might be this one thing...me dusting your sorry ass!" And with superhuman speed her stake found it´s mark and David was dust.


A deafening silence followed before Spike shouted "Game on!" And all hell broke loose.


They both had been right when they stated that it would be thrilling to fight together. It was one thing to be a Slayer and fight against demons, and entirely different thing to fight against them with someone who was as strong as you, and guarded your back the whole time.


They were a swirl of motion spinning, kicking, punching and staking, all while snapping comments to vampires-to-be-dusted and shouting increasing numbers to each other.


Last four vampires started to retreat towards the exit of the cemetery, and Buffy turned her head to look at Spike and said,
"Can you do two at a time? I know I can."
"Yeah, but can you do them from a distance?"
"You think I can´t? Watch and learn."


And with that Buffy pulled another stake from her sleeve and threw them spinning towards two of the vamps.


They didn´t get the chance to run before both stakes reached their hearts. And Buffy didn´t have time to gloat before Spike had thrown his stakes and they hit the backs of the last two.


Suddenly it was quiet, only their panting breaths heard in the dark graveyard. Slowly they turned to look each other, grinning madly. Neither was injured, only few cuts and bruises, and some torn clothes.


Oh, there would be sore muscles tomorrow, but neither cared now. They were buzzing with excitement and feeling elated after a good fight, this time shared with someone.


"So Buffy, how many?"
"9 I believe."
"So then you know I won, I counted 10."
"Yes yes, you won. Too bad that David guy didn´t count," Buffy said rolling her eyes to Spike’s excited face.


She actually tried not to show her glee, she was glad Spike won, a good kiss would feel pretty good right about now.


"Well, can I collect my winnings now? Or later?" Spike couldn´t wait to kiss her, but wanted Buffy to feel comfortable when he did so.


Buffy didn´t answer, she just kind of leaped on Spike winding her hands around his neck and her legs around his waist. He just as quickly wrapped one hand around her lower back, another under her bum and crushed their mouths together.


And like a good cliche, the world stood still around them.

TBC
March 12th 1980 by Katriina
Spike´s world had shrunk to the space where they stood, nothing outside existed. An apocalypse could be unraveling around them and he wouldn´t notice. All he could feel were Buffy's lips against his and her tongue dancing with his own.


Her lips and tongue were not cold, just soothingly cool and the sensations they created in him were like nothing he had ever known. Spike felt like his blood was heating up more and more each minute.

He was shamelessly grinding against Buffy's body and trying desperately to breathe through his nose so he wouldn´t have to break the kiss. He didn´t wanna stop ever if it was up to him, well, unless it would be to shag this girl silly.

Buffy's brain was going around in a similar track. Spike´s lips and tongue were so hot she was afraid of bursting into flames. She could feel his cock grinding against her and the mere thought of having it inside her was making her breathless, and that´s saying a lot, ´cause she didn´t have to breathe in the first place.


Spike was doing a damn good job in the not-breaking-the-kiss-to-breathe- department, and she could really appreciate it ´cause stopping for anything but ripping of clothes and fucking right there and then was not a thing she wanted to do. So she hung on and gave as good as she got.


At some point Spike´s brain started to register something annoying...*What is that?*

After concentrating for a while he frowned when the sound of his cell phone reached his ears. And with a massive effort he pulled back ending the kiss and resting his forehead against Buffy's.

"Why stopping? No stopping, stopping bad," Buffy said pouting and frowning at the same time.

"It´s my cell, again. It´s probably Giles asking how things went. I better talk with him before he sends a search party after me.

And if that´s not the cutest little pout in this dimension I´m not a Slayer...I´m sorry Buffy, it won´t take long." And with that Spike lowered her to stand on her shaky feet and fished his phone out of his pocket.

"Hi Giles. -- Yeah, there was this David guy, a wanna-be-master-of-Sunnydale kind of bloke and ´bout twenty minions. They were having a sort of pep-rally thing. – Yes, they are all dust. -- How? You know the drill, pointy wooden thing trough the heart and poof! -- Well, if you must know, I had some help. But I´m not gonna talk about that now. -- No, I´m not! You just have to trust me. I know what I´m doing, and no, I´m not putting anyone in danger. Giles, I´ll talk to you tomorrow, now I have something to do. Bye."


"Wanna sit for awhile? There´s a bench over there," Spike asked since Buffy's legs still looked a bit wobbly.


"Yeah, that sounds good. You know, you´re the first guy that´s ever made my knees go week. Actually a bit more than my knees...I kind of feel weak all over, but at the same time I have this amazing energy flowing inside me. Like -- like I´m alive again."


Buffy's words were both shy and exited, and she looked at Spike as to find out if he was feeling the same.
And as they sat on the bench Spike took her hand in his and stroked it slowly with his thumb.


"I know, Buffy. If you feel alive, I feel like I died but was brought back even better than before. I feel like I belong to you, strange huh?"


"No. Not strange to me. I do belong to you, I have no doubt what so ever. And I think you could belong to me. But first I need to tell you things, big things. Will you listen?"

"I can do that. Please tell me about this destiny deal. I need to know."


Buffy closed her eyes for awhile and tried to calm down the best she could. Then she locked eyes with Spike and started to tell her story.


"First two years as a vampire were terrible for me. I didn´t have anybody. I couldn´t be with other vamps for obvious reasons, and I avoided people as well, mostly ´cause I didn´t believe they would understand, and I didn´t wanna start lying to them about what I was.

I stayed in this abandoned house just outside LA, and I paid for my blood and clothes by working in this small dirty bar where the owner didn´t ask questions.

After those two years I was at the end of my road. I was just about ready to walk out into the sun and end my misery."


Buffy suddenly looked away from Spike, she tried hard to keep tears from coming. Only thing keeping them at bay was Spike´s hand that still held hers. It was something solid to hold on to, reminding her where she was and with whom. So she just took a deep breath and continued.


"The night that I had decided would be my last, I overheard these two women talking in the bar. One of them was telling about this mage that could tell if a person had some sort of destiny awaiting.

I really didn´t believe that, but asked her anyway where I could find him. I figured if that didn´t work, I would walk to watch the sun rise.

It was a bit difficult finding the guy, but I did find him. And I didn´t even get the change to introduce myself before he said, ´I have been waiting for you, Buffy Summers`, and I almost tripped over, I was so surprised."


"Hey, who wouldn´t be luv? What was he? Human or not-so-human?"


"I wondered that too. And he was totally human. But I could feel the power he had, and there was a lot of it. I was afraid of course, but I also had this little bit of hope that I might not have to...you know. We sat down, and he told me what he knew. And now I´m gonna tell you."


Spike had the feeling that this was gonna be big. But he also saw the serious look on Buffy's face and the sincerity in her eyes, and realized that what ever this destiny thing would be, they really were in it together.

With that he reached out and took Buffy's other hand also in his, and looked at her, blue eyes serious and trusting.

"I can take it Buffy. At least I think I can. And I´m truly happy that this thing kept you from greeting that sun. Please tell me."


"The most important part of it, I think, was also the first thing he said. A date. Spike -- I died on March 12th 1980."
"But that´s when..."
"You were born. I know.

It apparently is a once in a millennium kind of thing for a Slayer to die at the exactly same moment a new potential is born. And even more rare if the one dying is a girl and the one being born is a boy.

He told me about you. Just your name, and that you were in England. And that I should never interfere in your life, or even look for you.

But...I did look for you. I traveled to England when you were 5 and almost every year after that. I was there when your dad died, you were 12. And I know how hard it was to your mom, and then next year she married that guy."


"Don´t. Please don’t. I can´t talk about that, can´t." There was some serious panic in Spike´s voice as he pleaded with Buffy, eyes big and scared.


"Spike, I don´t want to hurt you. But you need to hear me out, and also talk to me. Please trust me, please let me in. We need each other."


Buffy knew she was begging but didn´t care. If this thing between them was gonna work, Spike needed to let go of the past. He needed to trust her enough to let her in his life. She hoped he was now ready to do that


Spike hadn´t thought that Buffy was gonna bring this out. It was something he had buried deep inside him long time ago. But Buffy was right. He did need someone, and he had a feeling it was her. Maybe he could do this.


And with a huge effort which he didn´t know he had in him Spike said,
"Okay. Maybe I do need to hear it. You know there isn´t a person alive who knows about my past. Not even Giles, not even the Council, I believe. And I do trust you. I did so with my life in the fight, so I do now too. Go on."

TBC
Believe Me by Katriina
"I know your step dad was a nasty guy. He was violent, I believe."

"He was. When ever he was drunk he beat mum up, and me too if he found me. I tried to protect her, but I was only 13.

I won´t go into details, but it was enough to make me want him dead, or sometimes maybe myself. When I was 15 I had built a really strong shell around me.

I didn´t wanna be William anymore, he was weak. But Spike could take anything and not cry. I was in trouble at school, did some shoplifting, all kinds of stupid things.

I hated him with everything I had, I still do. And one day he just disappeared. I started to believe that it was my fault, ´cause I wanted him dead, and then he was gone. I thought I somehow killed him."


"You didn´t."
"Yeah, I don´t think so that much anymore. But nobody knows what happened to him, so I still sometimes wonder if I..."
"You didn´t do anything. I did."


Spike’s head snapped up to look Buffy in the face, his eyes big and surprised.


"When that mage told me about you, he said that I couldn´t interfere in any matter. But like I said, I traveled to England so I could keep an eye on you every now and then.

It had been two years since my last visit, and I realized what kind of guy he was. One night your step dad was at a pub drinking and bragging to his buddies how he kept and I quote,

*The missus and that whiny little brat in control*, and how he was going to -- kill you some day so you wouldn´t be in his way anymore.

I knew I shouldn´t stick my nose into your life, but the thought of him killing you was just too much."

Spike was breathing heavily, almost hyperventilating. Was Buffy really saying what he thought she was? What should he be feeling?

*And I thought my life was complicated before? This is a whole new level of complicating.*

"So you -- killed him?"

"No. I´m sorry if you thought that. You see, I told you my sire was, well, mad. But I also told you she had a thrall.

Few years after my turning I remembered that, and started to experiment. I found out I have quite a gift in that department.

That night in England, I went after him when he left the pub. I acted like I was hitting on him, and let me say that the word nauseating had a new meaning to me after that.

But I got him in this alley, and...made him believe that he was a 5 year old girl. I believe they took him into some small mental hospital the next day."

Buffy was talking very quietly, and when she finished she didn´t look at Spike. She didn´t regret what she had done, but she was ashamed.

She DID interfere, and she DID send that guy to a mental institution, probably for the rest of his life. Her thrall was very powerful after all.

Spike would think that she was a bad person now. And she wasn´t even remotely finished with her story yet.

*And I thought my unlife was complicated before. Maybe destiny and Buffy are not so mixy*


Spike didn´t know if he was glad that his step dad Mark was alive or not. He felt relieved ´cause what happened wasn´t his fault, and a part inside him even found the idea of Mark thralled into a 5 year old girl bloody hilarious.

But what about Buffy, what she had done? Spike could see that she was ashamed, but should she be?

She was a pretty powerful vampire who could have killed Mark like a fly. He was a threat to William, who apparently was her destiny, she had a good reason to kill him. But she didn´t. She found another way to keep him safe.

That fact made Spike appreciate her even more. She still evaluated human life this much as a vampire. Who would have believed? *Not Giles, not the Council, and until now, not me*

"Spike, talk to me. Do you want me to leave? I will if that´s what you want."

"No. I don´t want that, luv. What you did, you probably saved my life. You were protecting a human, a potential Slayer even. And you did it without killing.

I can´t begin to tell you how -- and this is gonna sound weird -- proud I feel. I´m amazed that a vampire would act this way. Have you ever even killed a human?"


"No I haven´t. I´ve been tempted, not because of the blood-lust, but because I am a 18 year old girl going around at night, and there are a lot of creepy people around.

You can only take so much of dirty talking, groping and being mistaken as a free fuck toy. Believe me when I say that there has been broken noses, legs, wrists, pretty much broken everything over the years. No dead bodies though, I swear."


Spike was at awe. *She has been a vampire for 22 years, and has never killed a human, she has so much control over her demon. Feels like she doesn´t even have one, but I know it´s there*

He wanted to ask about that from Buffy, but she still had to finish her story.
"I believe you, don´t worry. But you still have something to tell, right?"


"I do. So, back to where that Mark person went away. Your mom died next year, and you disappeared. I didn´t know what to do. I only knew that you would be called as a Slayer when you were 19.

There I went and stuck my nose in your life again, well, not much. I just tracked you down to LA. You had cut yourself totally from your life in England and went to school again. Nobody knew William ever existed. You covered your past really well.

I saw you once in LA, outside your high school, reading a book. It wasn´t sunny so I risked it to see you just that one time in daylight. It was worth it, you looked good."

"Why didn´t you come to me then? What were you waiting for?"

"You were so young, not yet a Slayer even. If I had told you any of this then you would have thought that I was a basket case.

I needed to wait until you had experience, until you could deal with this whole thing. Until you would possibly be ready to...be with me.
Believe me and trust me.

And now I can see that you are this amazing, strong person who can truly think for him self.

The mage told that it´s nearly impossible for a turned Slayer to find a true mate, ´cause of the soul and all. But since our lives had been linked from the beginning, my destiny would be to find you. Find my true mate.

And together we would be something so powerful, so potent, that the sky would be our limit."


Spike was mesmerized. There was this fire in Buffy's eyes, small flickers of gold dancing with green.

He didn´t even think of doubting what she told him. If there ever had been something he truly believed this was it.

He had always been proud of his instincts, and right now they were saying that this girl was his, and he was hers.

He knew what a mate was to a vampire, and had always kind of envied that kind of connection. Here she was, ready to give him just that. He didn´t know what they would be together, but when Buffy said the sky would be their limit, it made him want this even more.


"You know, I have never truly belonged to anyone. Never felt this deep connection. But with you Buffy, it really feels like something has clicked into place. My soul calls to you, and not just that, my mind too, and obviously my body as well."

Spike couldn´t keep the smirk out of his face when he saw the same want and need in Buffy's eyes.

"I have nothing against your mind, body or soul calling to me, Spike, mine do the same. And if, or when we merge those, some things will happen.

Most dramatic one being that you´ll become immortal, like me. So this is a forever kind of deal. You need to know for sure if you want it Spike."


He had kind of guessed that it would be forever. Did it bother him? Not really. They could do so much together. Keep on slaying, travel, learn new things, meet new people, and just get used to be with each other.

He knew there were endless possibilities what his life with Buffy could include. So there was only one way he could answer.

"I want it, want you. The whole thing. I don´t know the details, but we´ll work them out. Tell me Buffy, how, and when?"


TBC
End Notes:
This was a bit longer than others, the fic just took this turn. Hope it doesn´t bother you :)
Perks by Katriina
"You’re quite remarkable, you know that? I mean how many guys would take this so well. I was sure you would tell me what a loony I was and at least tell me to get lost, if not stake me."


"If I was an ordinary guy then yeah, that´s how it would go. But I´m not am I? After three years of going up against all sorts of weird creatures, apocalypses and things like that you tend to be a lot more open to new things.

And it takes a Slayer to know one. I mean, we are the only two people around to really know what it´s like. How lonely, dangerous and hard it is. So if I´ve been given somebody to share all that with, in good and bad, and even get some perks with that, I´m not gonna turn that down."

Buffy couldn´t stop smiling, his words just made her feel so happy. She wasn’t going be alone anymore, she would truly have someone.

She couldn´t help leaning up and kissing Spike softly. It was nothing like their earlier heated kiss. It was softer and sweeter, but still as powerful. She thought it was like coming home.

Spike wound his hands in her hair as he deepened the kiss. Her hair was so soft and silky and had this faint aroma of some flower he didn´t recognize. It just flowed trough his fingers as his other hand came down on her shoulder to pull her just a bit closer to his body.

He could feel the connection with Buffy again through their kiss. He thought it was like coming home.

After a while Buffy pulled back smiling, still feeling the heat coming from Spike on her face.

"That was the most sweetest and meaningful kiss I have ever had. As a human I always thought that love was a stupid thing, you know, weakening a person somehow, make them do stupid things.

So I never let myself feel much of anything towards a guy. But with you I have this feeling that when I give something, I get something even better back. I don´t think it can be love yet, but it might just be that very, very soon. And God, I hope I didn´t scare you off with that."


"No, you didn´t. I have never loved anyone except my mom and dad. Like you, I´ve been afraid of giving something so big to anyone. But when I kiss you, or bloody well even look at you, I feel the proverbial IT. Connection. And yeah, it could be love soon, I believe."


Smiling widely Buffy relaxed and got back to business, they had to decide on few things before they could become mates.


"Before we do the mating thingy, there are few hard things we have to talk about. First, your Watcher and then the Council.
They are gonna realize that you are immortal, and therefore being mated to me."


"Giles isn´t going to be a big problem. He is stuffy, but not stupid. If this helps me with slaying and keeps me alive longer, he is going to be OK, not right away, but eventually. But the Council will be trouble. Have you thought about this?"


"I have. They will find out who I am, and they are gonna try and take me out. And since you are mated with me, they will kill you too and have a new Slayer called.

Unless we can make them see what we can do, how this will make their jobs easier. Not so many baddies in the world trying to end it.

They have seers you know. If we go to them and have the seers confirm what we say, they would probably let us be. But going to them is a risk.

In the worst case scenario we´ll have to fight our way out of there, and be on the run, well, for as long as they decide to accept things."


Spike had listened hard and thought hard while listening. Which would be the right thing to do? Going to them and risk getting caught or killed, or hiding?

"I think we should get things sussed out with Giles, and he could then help us to find the best way to break the news to the Council. You know, tell to those people that he trusts the most first. Work our way up to Travers. He´s the head-guy now. What do you think?"


"That you are definitely not just a pretty face Spike. That´s a really good plan."
Buffy was very pleased that Spike was talking about their mating like it was a done deal. And the plan really was good, if they could make Giles see things their way.


"My plans usually aren’t the best, but this time I think it will work. I´ve known old Rupert for three years, and he has surprised me a few times. And besides, when we are mates, what can he do? He won´t sell me out to Travers, I´m sure.

He cares about me too much to let them try and kill me. And, the fierce researcher in him will be itching to get your story documented.

After I tell him who you are, he´ll be reaching for his pencil and notebook so fast you won´t believe it. He´ll come through Buffy, I know he will."


"If you say so, I believe you. That may solve our problems with the Council, and that´s good. With that out of the way, I do believe I have some good news as well. It´s those perks you mentioned. You wanna know?"


"Do I ever! I believe something about sky being the limit mentioned?"


"Yes, you did. We will both be stronger, a lot stronger. Like the way I have both Slayer and vampire strength, my strength will be yours and yours mine, making you have like triple amount of strength, and me too.

Sunlight, crosses, anything holy can´t harm me, and anything that can´t kill a vamp can´t kill you, like drowning or falling.

Stakes will only kill me if they would kill a human as well. So things that can kill us will be beheading, severe burning or fatal stake through the heart.

You will gain my vamp senses including the sensing of different demon species or how powerful a vampire is. Oh, and we will be fast too, like really fast. Combine vampire and Slayer speed and there isn´t anything living or unliving that can go as fast as us.

That pretty much sums that up. Only one thing more, you wanna guess?"


"Wow, all that and there´s more? You tell me, I´m just gonna be the silent listening type a bit longer."


"It´s a personal thing. Mates can feel each other, even from the other side of the world we´ll be able to sense the other. Feelings, pictures, maybe even talk in our heads. We can share everything we want.

The link can be closed partially or all together so we´ll have some privacy. But when we do share feelings, like while making love, it can be a pretty unbelievable experience, I´ve heard.

I don´t know all the things that will happen, but we´ll figure them out, ´cause if there is one thing we do have, it´s time."


"I like the sound of that. I´ve been told that a Slayer has a short life span, but this will make sure that doesn´t apply on me. Thanks to you Buffy, I have a forever ahead of me.

What do you say we make it happen?"


"I say that lead the way. We´ll need to get inside soon, it´s not long until sun rises. So, my place or yours, and I can´t believe I just said that! How cheesy can you get...But really, I have a room at a hotel, we can go there or to your place."


"We can go and get your stuff from the hotel, and then go to my place to make with the mating already."

Spike couldn´t help but laugh at Buffy's eye roll as they started to walk to the gates of the cemetery.

"OK Mr.making-with-the-mating, stop laughing at me and hurry up, or you won´t have anybody to mate with as sun comes up. I bet I´m there faster than you..."
"Oh, you´re so on missy!"

TBC
Making With The Mating by Katriina
Author's Notes:
I´ve never written a sex scene in my life, so this probably sucks a bit. But you gotta start somewhere :)
"Here we are, come in. I know it´s a bit messy, but I wasn´t expecting any company. And I haven´t had anyone besides Giles here in a very long time.

You can go sit on the couch if you like. I´ll get myself some tea and warm up that blood for you if it´s better that way."

"Sure, if you don´t mind."

They had bought some blood from butchers on their way to Spike´s apartment after collecting Buffy´s bags from the hotel.

Buffy was nervous of drinking blood when Spike was there, but then she thought that they needed to get used to it ´cause they would be together for a long long time.

So when Spike brought the warm mug to her, she just thanked him and gulped down the blood. She hadn´t realized how hungry she was.

"That good huh? It´s the fight. It makes you hungry and..."
"Horny. I know. And what do you know, I´m not hungry anymore. Just the latter. Wanna help me with that?"


"Oh, I will kitten. Have you got any idea how sexy you look? Not just your body, I think it´s in your eyes. There’s this spark in them, some gold laced with green, they are so alive, and I can see right to your soul through them. See what you think, what you want."


Buffy was panting softly, eyes locked with his. The tone Spike used made her shiver, made her nerves go on hyper-drive.
"What do I want?"


"Me. All of me. And there´s nothing I want more than to give it all to you. I want to make our destiny happen."


Spike pulled Buffy to him, to sit in his lap and brought their lips together. It wasn´t soft and sweet this time, it was demanding and consuming. They felt like the only breath they got had to come from the other. Both set of hands started to pull off clothes, stopping their kisses only to work on some stubborn button or sleeve.


Spike looked at Buffy in her dark red bra after he managed to pull her top over her head. She had the most perfect breasts, they filled his hands just right.
"I think these were made for my hands. You look so beautiful Buffy. So beautiful."


Buffy just smiled and reached behind her to unhook the bra, and then tossed it aside. She didn´t feel self conscious, that feeling she had left behind long time ago. And then he leaned up to gently flick his tongue around her nipple, and she just felt, no thinking.


Spike sucked on her nipples a bit harder each time while working to get rid of her jeans.

He had a hard time managing to do anything ´cause Buffy was kneading the muscles on his back and chest, every now and then stopping to scrape his nipples with her nails.

Finally he gave up and just pulled hard and to his delight heard the fabric tear, then just threw the remains of her jeans away. Buffy´s red panties went the same way, and he had a very naked, very beautiful girl on his lap.

"You have the most perfect body. You´re so small, but strong."

He ghosted his hands around the curves of her body, one of them finally stroking her mound softly, going downwards still, until he pushed a warm finger inside her to find that she was more than ready for him.

Buffy didn´t even try to stop moaning when he stroked her more firmly. He was so warm, and it felt weird but at the same time so wonderful she didn´t want it to stop ever.

She just kissed him again, and between kisses managed to say,
"Pants off, now, please."

He stood up carrying Buffy with him to his bedroom without a word. Mostly ´cause he was kissing her the whole time. Besides he barely could think anything, what with most of his blood going towards his cock, which was painfully hard by now.

He needed her like he´d never needed anything else before. So he placed Buffy on the bed and got rid of his jeans quickly.

And it was Buffy´s turn to look.
"My God, it must be illegal to look that good. I mean, those Greek statues have nothing compared to you. Even your...that, it´s beautiful. You are beautiful."

"Thanks, I guess. Never been called that before but it´s nice to hear that you think so. You can touch, you know, not just look."

And that she did. As her cool hand wrapped around his cock and started to move, Spike groaned and pulled her on top of him kneading her breasts and thrusting his hips up. Soon he wormed one hand back to her pussy flicking her clit in the rhythm of his thrusts.

Buffy was nearing the edge fast, and she didn´t want it to happen like this. She wanted Spike inside her, the faster the better. So she lifted herself up on her knees, keeping her hold on his cock, and looking into his eyes all the time slowly guided him in.

As soon as she felt him inside her she gasped at the heat. It felt dangerous and delightful at the same time. He was big, but fit nicely in her, a perfect match. After getting used to all that she started to move.

She cooled his heated flesh just right, and when she started to move up and down he realized just how tight she was. It felt like he could be her first, and while Spike knew he wasn´t, it still excited him.

They fit together perfectly, his hands on her tiny waist aiding her up and down slide. He met her with his own hard thrusts, and knew that no ordinary woman could take this. He didn´t need to hold back anything, so he didn´t worry when he turned Buffy on her back and pounded her to the bed.

They were both panting, moaning, groaning and pouring out words without any meaning. Buffy´s hands gripped Spikes ass to draw him even deeper inside her, probably leaving bruises behind, but who cared? Not them.

As Spike felt his orgasm approaching steadily, his instincts told him that it was time. He drew Buffy up so they were almost sitting and kissed her while still thrusting in and out. He then whispered,

"Kitten, you wanna do it now?"

Buffy nodded before kissing him like there was no tomorrow, pouring all her longing and hope into that one kiss. And just before she felt her climax, she let her face change and bit down on Spike´s throat.

It was her first taste of warm, human blood, and it was so sweet she nearly wept. She tasted the Slayer in his blood, but even more powerful was the taste of a mate, her equal, something she would protect until she was dust.

All that flashed trough her mind and then she was flying towards the sun. Her orgasm so powerful it felt like burning from inside out. But it didn´t prevent her from growling "Mine" to Spike before convulsing further in her release.

Spike barely managed to answer "Yours", and then he was shaking in his own climax. Buffy´s muscles were strangling his cock, and he almost started to believe in male multiple orgasms, it lasted so long.

He kept holding onto her shoulders and thrusting slowly, and before it stopped he bit down on Buffy´s neck drawing blood. It didn´t taste bad as he had thought, it brought him the feeling that he was complete.

He felt her, felt the bond click and take hold. He whispered "Mine?" and when he heard Buffy´s "Yours, William", he felt a hot wave go trough them and then a warm light filled the room.

They were both now silent, not moving anymore. They just felt it all. They suddenly knew each other like themselves, they were like one being. Everything was clear now, and as the light slowly faded they just stared at each others eyes, smiling a content smile.

And without one single word said out loud, they heard in their minds,
"We´re one."

TBC
You Are My Sunshine by Katriina
Author's Notes:
Again thanks to petzi for beta-work, LJ-friends for help and to Anni for being you, making the banner and believing in me.
Spike had never felt so good in his entire life. He watched Buffy as she slept, every now and then brushing his fingers over her skin. She still breathed in her sleep, making her look more alive than dead.

He was happy that her pale skin would soon get some color. She would have the sun back, and it thrilled him to know it was because of him. He could give her back what that vampire and the Council had taken away.

Spike felt her in his soul, completing him, making him whole. He kissed her on her forehead and whispered,
"Mine, forever."

"Yours Spike, gladly." She opened her eyes slowly, a bright smile on her face. She was about to kiss him when something else demanded her attention. She could see the sun shining through the blinds, and quickly got up to the window.

Her hand shook a little when she pulled the blinds up and let the sun in. She closed her eyes, and few tears ran down her cheeks when she felt the warm sun on her skin.

Spike walked to stand behind her and hugged her to his chest.
"You have the sun again. Not just darkness for you anymore pet."

"It´s so warm. I had forgotten how it feels. You gave this to me. Thank you."

"My pleasure. What do you want do today. It´s Saturday, no work for me."

"Can we just go out for a walk, and have breakfast maybe?"

"Sure. Lets get dressed, and then we go out and have a bite to eat. How do you feel about pancakes?"

"My favorite breakfast! Did you just read my mind?"

"No, they are my favorite as well. You see, we really were destined to be together."

Half an hour later they were already sitting at the diner and before long both of them were devouring the pancakes.

"I hate to interrupt your pancake-fest Buffy, but do you think we should tell something to Giles? We usually talk every day, and he´s already wondering who helped me to dust those vamps."

"I suppose we could go see him after this. That way he will be deep in research quickly and not disturb us tomorrow."

"And what happens tomorrow, may I ask?"
"Beach."
"Beach? Just that?"

"Spike, I´ve had 22 year long break from sun, and I used to love the beach. I´m not doing anything un-beach-y tomorrow. And I´ll need someone to rub the lotion on me...Don´t want to get a sun burn."

A picture of Buffy in skimpy bikinis with him rubbing the lotion on her flashed trough Spike´s mind, and suddenly a day at the beach sounded absolutely perfect..

"Very well, we give him enough information to make him bury himself in books, and have our day on a sunny beach. You ready?"

Buffy nodded, last bit of her pancakes still in her mouth. After drinking some water she stood up.

" Yup,lets go."

"You know, the Valley Girl in you is starting to show already. Yup with a pop? My ears are gonna bleed when you get back on that track fully."

"And your talk? You sound like Merrick, and he was a Watcher, and like, old."

"Nothing wrong with my English kitten. We´ll have to travel to England so some of that will rub on you too."

Thought of traveling to England, or what the hell, anywhere with Spike made her burst with joy. The places they will see, Europe, Australia, South America. There were no limits. The whole world was open in front of them.

"Maybe it will. I can´t wait to travel with you. But we will probably have to wait, it´s pretty expensive to travel to another continent. I know I don´t have that much money. Jobs I have been able to take have not been too good money wise.

But in time we´ll be able to go where ever we want, right? I mean I can have a better job now."

"You can, but you don´t have to. Five years ago the Council after a long persuasion started to pay a salary to a Slayer. And a damn good one too. I haven´t used that money at all, since I like working at the library.

So I can take you anywhere you want to go. It´ll be like a honeymoon. What do you say?"

*Spike, sex, honeymoon, beach, sun, ocean, drinks, some more sex...* Buffy´s mind jumped on that so fast that it shouldn´t have been possible. *And where would I find all those?*

"Hawaii. I know it´s really cliche, but I have always wanted to go there. And it has everything I want in a honeymoon. We can fly to England like next year.

Is it OK with you? We don´t have to go to Hawaii if you don´t want to."

"I really don´t care where I am as long as it´s with you. Always with you."

They had been walking slowly towards Giles´ apartment, but now Buffy stopped to look at Spike in the eyes. He looked stunning in the bright sunlight, his bleached hair seemingly golden, shining blue eyes looking at her with tenderness and loyalty. He would never leave her. Never. To Buffy that was precious.

"Always. Never again alone, I thought that was something I would never have, and now here I am, with you. My mate. I have everything I want right here."

If there ever had been a perfect moment this was it to them. Just standing in a street corner looking at each other, traffic noise humming in their ears, sun bathing them in light.

Together. Being like any other young couple while they knew they were anything but ordinary. No words needed to be said, they felt it all. They could go anywhere and still be at home, and that thought made their broken hearts become whole again.

Holding hands they walked rest of the way to Giles´ place, one word swimming in both of their minds. Love. They didn´t say it out loud yet, but it was building there.

Soon there would be words to go with the feeling. Right now they had a Watcher to see.

Looking into Buffy´s eyes Spike took a calming breath and knocked.
The door opened and Spike suddenly found out that he didn´t have a soddin´ clue where to start, really.

"Hi Giles. Good to see you. This -- this is Buffy. We wanted to talk to you about -- something. I mean...Giles, how do you feel about destiny?"

LOPPU -- THE END
End Notes:
That´s it! I hope you liked it. Thanks to all who read this and a bigger thanks to those who took the time to write a review.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=34965