Nothing Gold Can Stay by Drusilla Williams
Summary: Buffy now lives in Sunnydale Indiana, home of the second Hellmouth. How does she handle the first Big Bad when he comes back for her?
Categories: General NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action, Horror, Angst
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 5400 Read: 4156 Published: 07/26/2004 Updated: 08/09/2004

1. Coming Home Baby by Drusilla Williams

2. Need You by Drusilla Williams

3. Hands Down by Drusilla Williams

Coming Home Baby by Drusilla Williams
Chapter 1 – Coming Home Baby

“Shunnydale! Home shweet bloody home!” Spike said to himself, chuckling lightly after driving over the “Welcome to Sunnydale, Indiana” sign for the first time. He stumbled out of Angel’s prized Viper, holding a bottle of whiskey in his left hand. He stumbled down a dark road, sniffing the air for the slayer’s scent. “Shlayerr? Where are you?” he slurred. Turning down a road, he smiled, picking up her scent; he set off in a jog down Revello Drive. “Shunnydale Indiana! Home of the second Hellmouthh,” he slurred. “Nopesh not tis one. Nuh-uh. Nopesh. Sorry! But I’m looking for ter shlayerr!” He began to laugh giddily as he walked down the street before stopping in front of her house. Coming to his senses, he dropped the bottle, letting it break into a thousand pieces as it hit the hard concrete ground, spilling its little continents. He smiled and quickly jogged up to the door and proceeded to bang on it. “Come on slayer!” he said, his vampire healing quickly taking effect. “Open up and invite me in! Daddy’s home!”


Dawn’s head snapped towards the door. The banging proceeded to get louder and louder while she could hear his voice calling for her sister. “This must be a dream. Ow!” she squeaked after pinching herself. “Ok, not a dream.” Getting up, she opened the door to find Spike on his knees, banging the invisible force that kept him out. “Spike?” Spike stopped banging and looked up at her, his face breaking out into a goofy grin.
“Nib lit! Dawn! Dawnie! Lil’ Bit!” Spike said enthusiastically as Dawn ushered him inside. She smiled looking up at him.
“Wait till Buffy sees you!” Spike smiled even wider, his cheekbones becoming more pronounced. He pulled into a hug before swinging her around.
“I’ve missed you and your big sis a lot you know.”
“Really?”
“Really,” he said, smiling before clamping his hand over his aching forehead.
“What’s wrong?” Dawn asked worriedly.
“Nothing nib lit. Just a bit of a hangover. Nothing old Spike here can’t handle. Thank God for vampire quick healing powers.” Dawn laughed, pulling Spike over to sit with him on the couch.
“So, how long have you been, um, not so dead?” Spike chuckled.
“Well, you remember Peaches right?”



Buffy tiredly opened the door to her new home in Sunnydale Indiana, annoyed to find someone had been drinking on her front lawn. She was already mad that her new boots had been ruined by the Fayrl demon that attacked her during patrol. “Another day as the slayer,” she sighed. Looking towards the living room, she heard the TV going. “Dawn! You supposed to be in bed!” she said, glancing at her watch. She walked into the room to find Dawn fast asleep and a man with bleached blond hair cradling her in his arms as if she was just a child.
“Quiet Slayer or you’ll wake the nib lit.” Buffy clasped her hand over her mouth, tears springing to her eyes as she heard his thick English accent ring through her ears. It had been so long. He looked up at her and smiled. Buffy smiled back at him as he slowly picked Dawn up and walked over to her, carrying Dawn as if she only weighed a feather.
“William,” she whispered, tears streaming down her face. He smiled.
“Come on love. Let’s put her to bed and then we can talk ok?” Buffy nodded and both carried the younger Summers woman up the stairs to her bedroom.


“When did you get back?” Buffy asked. She held her head down, not wanting to look him in the eye and show him how much she had missed him. She wouldn’t do that. She had to be strong, show him that even though he was back, she wasn’t going be with him, ever. But she knew he knew. Knew in the pit of her heart that he would always know what she was feeling, what she was thinking.
“About two months ago.”
“Why didn’t you call or write?” she asked, her voice cracking. She knew by just asking that, he would think he would have a chance. But he does, said a little voice in her head.
“I was a ghost Buffy. I couldn’t pick up anything until about two weeks ago and even then I couldn’t call or write. I couldn’t get to you either, no matter how hard I tried. I couldn’t leave the bloody place and I was stuck haunting peaches and-“
“Angel knew you were alive?” she said, cutting him off. Spike looked at her to find tears crawling down her cheeks. She was looking at him. “And he didn’t tell me?”
“I guess not. Sorry love, but remember? Peaches and I hate each other.” Buffy nodded. Spike sighed, crossing the room and sitting next to her on her bed. “You ok love?” She nodded yet again, wiping the tears away. “Tired?”
“Yup and pissed. And annoyed. And many things.” Spike chuckled. “Why are you laughing?”
“Just good to see that you haven’t changed one bit. Why don’t you go to sleep. I’ll see you in the morning.” With that, he stood to leave.
“Where are you going?” she asked, confused.
“Downstairs. Watch some telly, let you get some rest. I’ll see you in the morning ok? And I’ll help with breakfast,” he said smiling.
“You don’t have to go,” Buffy said shyly. Spike looked at her, eyebrows creased.
“Are you sure?” Buffy nodded, a small smiled upon her lips. She stood and took off her clothes. Spike shrugged, stripping of his duster, t-shirt, belt, socks, and boots. Buffy had already changed into her pajamas and climbed into bed. Spike hesitated for a second before climbing in with her. When he found a comfortable position, Buffy scooted over to his cold body, wrapping her arm around his waist as she rested her head against his chest.
“’Night William,” she whispered before falling into her dreamland.
“Goodnight Buffy.”


Buffy smiled as she breathed in the sent of whiskey and cigarette. She could feel his finger trace circles on the back of her neck. She opened her eyes, smiling happily as she looked up at Spike who kept his eyes closed. Poking him gently, his lips turned into a smile and his hands gripped at her waist. Soon, Buffy found herself on top, straddling him. His eyes opened. “How’d you get up there slayer?” She smiled, hitting him playfully on his chest. “Well?”
“Umm… you put me here?” Spike smiled, pulling her down, letting his lips graze over hers lightly. She parted her lips slightly, letting his tongue slip into her warm and wet mouth. “Mmmm.” She pulled away slightly, lying back on top of him. “Morning.”
“You too. What time is it?”
“Ten thirty. Its summer and weekend. No work. Yippee.” Spike chuckled softly. She smiled, rubbing her head against his bare chest.
“Buffy! Buffy wake up!” Buffy rolled her eyes and slowly pushed herself off Spike who watched her contently. Buffy pulled on her robe and walked over to the door, opening it slightly. There stood Dawn, hands on hips.
“Yes Dawn?”
“Buffy? Where’s Spike? You didn’t kick him out did you? Cos that would’ve been wrong. Especially when all you’ve done is cry over him and-“
“Dawn!” Buffy looked back to find Spike standing right behind her, smiling his cocky smile.
“Cryin’ over me hmm?” Dawn’s eyes widened.
“You guys didn’t? Not when I was in the next room! Eww! Eww!” Spike chuckled lightly.
“No nib lit. Your sis wouldn’t have it. If I had my way, we’d still be at it.” Buffy glared at him, hitting him on his chest. “Ow, I was only joking.” Buffy rolled her eyes and walked out of the room. Spike and Dawn shared a look, Dawn shrugging her shoulders before running off to her older sister. Spike sighed, grabbing his shirt and fallowing them down the stairs. “Bloody women.”
Need You by Drusilla Williams
Chapter 2 - Need You



Dawn sat happily next to Spike, staring at him as he drank from his mug of warm pigs’ blood. She rested her head on her hand, sighing when he got up to leave. He looked at her, eyebrow cocked up. “What’s up lil’ bit?” he asked. Dawn blushed, looking away. Spike glanced at Buffy who shrugged her shoulders before returning her attention to the pile of bills set in front of her.
“I have to go, school and all,” Dawn said, looking at Buffy while grabbing her backpack which sat adjacent to her on a chair. Buffy glanced up from her work, looking at Dawn with a puzzled expression.
“Dawn, its July. You don’t have school.” Dawn felt her cheeks turn red and she glared at her sister.
“Well, I forgot. I have to go anyway. I promised Xander I’d help out at the shop.” Spike smiled.
“Giles has another Magic Box?” he asked, smirking happily. Dawn nodded her head vigorously.
“Giles is in England. Something about starting a new Watchers Council. He got a shop here for Xander since he missed Anya and it reminded him of the Magic Box back home.” Buffy paused, silent for a moment. “Back in Sunnydale California,” she corrected. “Anyways, Dawn’s been helping out over the summer to earn money for a car.” Spike nodded, smiling slightly at Dawn. Buffy smiled lightly too, returning to the bills.
“Well, I can drive you to the shop. I’d like to see it myself,” Spike offered, smiling at Dawn.
“Yes! That would be awesome! Come on! There’s so much I have to tell you!” Dawn said in excitement, grabbing Spike’s hand and pulling him towards the door.
“Hey you two! Get back in here and clean up your breakfast.” But they had already left, Spike throwing a blanket over his head.


“Hello and welcome to the guy with a burning blanket over his head,” Xander looked at Dawn who stood by the door, looking flushed. The next thing Xander saw was a flash of platinum blonde hair and a Doc Marten stomping on the blanket. “No. Way. You’re back. How? Why? How?” Xander asked looking at Spike to Dawn and back to Spike. As Spike opened his mouth to answer, Buffy walked into the Magic Box. She began to walk pass them but Spike grabbed her by the waist and pulled her against him, smirking as he did so.
“How, don’t really know. Why, because I left a beautiful slayer and needed to get back to her. And how, don’t know,” Spike said, keeping a tight grasp on the slayer who was trying to get away.
“Spike let go,” she giggled, playfully hitting him on the chest. Dawn rolled her eyes before sitting on a stool by the counter.
“You could just use your slayer force to make him go. I don’t understand why you’re acting like that.” Xander nodded, taking a seat next to Dawn.
“I do agree. Hey, did Willow do another spell? Am I going to have demons running after me again?” Dawn giggled smiling happily at Xander. Now that Anya was dead, of course a sad thing, he was free and Dawn still had that crush on him.
“I remember that. Remember Buffy? You were looking at that wedding dress in the window and Riley bumped into you. And you told him that you getting married to Spike. And then the next day you told him you made Spike up because you didn’t want to freak him out.” Buffy felt Spike’s grip tighten on her and heard him growl low at the mention of Riley.
“Yes I remember Dawn. And no Xander, Willow hasn’t done a spell. Remember, she’s busy with Kennedy in England. I don’t think anything happened.” Xander smiled and returned to the cash register. He paused, looking at it sadly before opening it to put money in it.
“Hey, where’s that chit of yours? Anya? She isn’t back into the whole vengeance thing is she?” Spike asked, looking around the empty shop. Xander felt a lump grow in his throat and he tried to swallow it down. Tears began to brim in his eyes.
“I have to check on something in the back,” he lied, walking away from the group. Spike noticed how everyone went silent at Anya’s name and it only confused him more. He turned Buffy around but she held her head down, thinking of the excited blonde who used to talk over Xander’s penis openly.
“What was that about?”
“Anya died. She was saving Andrew when one of those bringers killed her,” she whispered, looking up at him, tears streaming down her cheeks at the memory. “I don’t know why I’m crying.” Spike pulled her close to him, smoothing her hair.
“It’s ok luv. I’m sure she’s happy where she is.” Buffy nodded, nuzzling her face in the crook of his neck.
“Well, I’m going to go help Xander,” Dawn stated quietly. Buffy pulled back from Spike, smiling sadly at him before walking into the back after Dawn.


The Used blared in Dawn’s room as she readied her self for her first real date with a normal guy. She applied the dark lipstick, not noticing the vampire standing in her doorframe watching her intently. He crossed the room, walking to the boom box. He watched her as she continued to put on her make up. “You touch the stop button and you’ll have a stake in your heart before you can say that word Mary Poppins says,” Dawn stated calmly, turning around and glaring at him, hands on her hips. He smirked, sauntering over to her bed and sitting on it.
“Since when do you listen to The Used?” he asked, looking at her up and down. Lil’ Bit wasn’t so little any more. She had grown into a beautiful young woman like her mother, her sister. He felt tears spring to his blue eyes as he looked up at her smiling.
“I’ve listened to them for a long time. You’re the one that got me into them remember?” He nodded, patting the spot next to him. She sat down, looking forward. He placed a lock of her brown hair behind her hair.
“Yea, I remember lil’ bit. I think I should call you something else though. You’ve grown so much. I’ve missed a lot haven’t I?” he asked, looking at her with wonder and awe. Dawn nodded smiling.
“Yea, but it’s great you’re back and I don’t think you should call me something else. I’ll always be the lil’ bit, or niblit,” she said calmly. Spike nodded, pulling her into a hug.
“Yea niblit but it was like yesterday when I was trying to kill you all. My little girl has all grown up,” he said smiling. Dawn smiled back up at him nodding. “Going out on dates with boys that I haven’t approved of yet.” Dawn rolled her eyes, standing up only to be pulled back down. “You listen to me. If this guy hurts you in any way, if his makes a move and you don’t want it, you call me right away. Just scream out me name and I’ll be there. You know, vampire hearing and all.” Dawn smiled, nodding.
“You don’t have to worry. I’m going out with this guy named Connor and it’s going to be a double date. So my friend Jess and Andrew will be there.” Spike nodded as she stood up but he pulled her back down. His eyebrows were creased with confusion. “Connor? Angel’s Connor?” Dawn looked up at him and raised her eyebrow to match his raised one.
“Connor Holtz. Not Connor…. um, Angel? What is Angels’ last name?” Spike shrugged. The door bell rang, causing Dawn to squeal in excitement. “They’re here! Come on Spike, you have to meet him. He’s really nice and sweet.”
“Dawn! Connor, Jess, and Andrew are here,” Buffy called up. Spike nodded, fallowing Dawn down stairs to meet up with three teens. Andrew’s eyes widened.
“Spike! You’re here? When did you get here? Last time I saw you, you had your hands cut off and that slayer had knocked me out!” Buffy looked at Andrew to Spike back to Andrew,
“You knew he was back?” she asked, glaring at Andrew. Andrew nodded, cowering behind the other boy. Spike smiled, looking at the supposed Connor up and down.
“I’ll tell you later Buffy.” He paused, looking at Connor while smirking. “You, I need to talk to you.” Connor nodded, fallowing him into the kitchen, leaving Andrew to fend for himself.


Spike looked Connor up and down again, smirking at the resemblance of both Darla and Peaches in the boy. “Ok, what’s your name, who are your parents, and why are you going out with the lil’ bit?” Spike asked, pulling out a mug of blood before putting it in the microwave.
“My name is Connor Holtz. I only live with my dad Daniel Holtz. My mom left us when I was ten, and for the finale on, I really like her.” Spike nodded.
“Ok, just know this. I don’t care how old you are. You hurt her and you’ll find yourself without a heart, got it?” Connor nodded. He looked at the blonde vampire with a serious face.
“Yes sir. I promise I won’t let anything happen to her.” Spike nodded.
“Ok kid. You pass the test. Go frolic with lil’ bit and friends,” Spike said, waving him off while he got out his mug. He sprinkled in some wheat-a-bix along with the pigs’ blood and took a sip. Happy with it, he walked out into the living room and said good bye to the group of teenagers, Andrew giving him a big hug before he left. “Good kid. Looks a lot like Peaches and Darla don’t you think?” he said to Buffy while sitting on the couch to finish his blood.
“What do you mean he looks a lot like Angel and Darla?” Buffy asked, sitting next to him.
“That’s the pounces kid. He knocked Darla up and she had the kid. Some prophecy. Anyway, last year, the powers that be put a spell on everyone. So now the kid thinks this Daniel Holtz is his dad and doesn’t know that his real father is the vampire running Wolfram and Heart. Angel knows of course and he told me. Don’t know why since we don’t get a long. I guess he could trust me. Being that we’ve known each other since the 1700s.” Buffy sat silent, looking straight forward.
“Angel had sex with Darla?” she asked, her voice cracking with emotion. At this, Spike, slammed his empty mug on the coffee table, and stood up.
“Jesus Buffy. Yes, the pounce fucked Darla. No, he didn’t turn evil because it wasn’t one true moment of happiness like it was for you two. They had a kid. The kid was kidnapped by Daniel Holtz who had been hunting Dru, Peaches, Darla, and I in the 1700s cos we killed his family and turned his kid into a vampire. Holtz was hired by Wolfram and Heart to bring down Angel. So Holtz jumped into some portal and taught the kid to hate Angel. Both came back. The kid tried to kill Angel after Holtz killed himself and made it look like Angel did it. Later on, something happened and the powers that be did some mo-jo. The kid, Connor, was sent to live with a family away from Angel and he forgot all about his mum and da. The only one who knows about Connor is Angel, me and now you. You knew. You knew that he had a kid and you went through the same bloody thing and you came to me. But you don’t remember.”
“Dawn is going out with Angel’s son?” Buffy asked, looking up at Spike, tears shining in her eyes. Spike sighed, realizing that she would never be over him.
“Yes, Dawn is going out with Connor. You kid sis is going out with your ex-lovers son. They don’t know it. Connor doesn’t know it. He thinks Daniel is his da. If we told him that his father lived in LA and was a vamp, it would destroy him. I’m asking you a big thing Buffy. You can’t tell Angel you know. You can’t tell Dawn, you can’t tell Connor. You can’t tell anyone.” He bent down by her side, taking her hand in his, squeezing it gently. “Can you do that Buffy? For me? For Connor? For Angel?” Buffy looked down at him, tears streaming down her cheeks. She nodded. “You still love him don’t you?” She nodded, turning her gaze to something else. “Buffy? Do you love me?” She was silent, her hands shaking in his grasp. “Look at me Buffy and tell me. I need to know. Do you love me?” She sighed, standing up and looking down on him. He bowed his head, already knowing her answer. In that one action she had told him. “I’m beneath you,” he whispered. He looked up at her, on his knees. “I’m beneath you. See. Always beneath you. Beneath them. The bastard. The killer. The soulless on. The chipped. The traitor. The untrustable. Everything you hate. Everything you never wanted. Everything you never needed. Tell me, is this worth it? Coming back? Fighting for good? Trying to help? Should I have stayed burned and gone? Because I really don’t know anymore and the only thing that’s worth staying around for is you. So tell me, is it worth it? Am I worth it?”
“I can’t do this right now. I need to think,” she whispered, ready to walk away. But he grabbed her.
“I need to know. I need to know if I’m wanted. If I’m needed. Give me a reason to stay, please. Give me a reason,” he cried, pleading with her as tears fell down his face. Buffy bent down, brushing his tears away with her thumb.
“Spike, you are not beneath me. You are not any of those things. You’re with me. Equal. I need you here with me. I need you here to help me and Dawn. You have a soul,” she said smiling, placing her hand over his unbeating heart. “A heart, one that’s not in working order at the moment,” she added, causing him to chuckle which made her smile even more. “But its there. I don’t know if I love you,” his smile faded and his head drooped down. “Yet. I just need some time. To get everything sorted out. But first, I have one more question.”
“Ask me pet.”
“How come Andrew knew that you were alive before me and what’s with the no hand thing?”
“Do I have to?” Buffy nodded, pulling him back up on the couch.
Hands Down by Drusilla Williams
Chapter 3 - Hands Down


Her lips were soft as they grazed his own. It was chase it the beginning but the tone changed instantly. Her tongue swept across his bottom lip before pushing through the barrier into his mouth. He moaned desperately, fisting his hands in her hair, battling for dominance in the kiss. Soon, his left hand snaked around her waist, pulling her closer to him, crashing hips against hips. Her lips pressed harder against his as her legs wrapped around his waist. She ground herself against him, her arms wrapped around his neck, her fingers fingering his soft curls. “Buffy,” he moaned, pulling back slightly. Before he had a chance to tell her what was screaming in his head, she had crushed her lips to his again and he soon stumbled towards a wall, pushing her back against it. Her hand reached down in between them, fingering to try and undo his restraints as his hand hiked her skirt up around his waist. Soon he found himself within her. He gasped, pulling back from her and looking up at her. He opened his mouth, swallowing mounds of unneeded air as he began to move inside her slowly.
“Faster,” she whispered and he eagerly complied, thrusting in and out of her, fast and harder. The world seemed to fall around him, the old house creaking under their combined weight. She bucked her hips against him, pushing him in farther with each thrust. She let her head fall back against the wall, her mouth open as she gasped for air.


“Spike, wake up.” Buffy gently shook the sleeping vampire who growled dangerously in his sleep. She sighed, sitting down next to him. His face scrunched up as he tossed and turned in his sleep, letting gasps and growls escape his throat. “Probably dreaming of the good old days back when he was soulless.” She watched him silently for a few moments before his face relaxed and a silly smile graced his lips. She smiled, letting her fingers trace his cheeks, reveling in the feel of his soft skin. “Oh I’ve missed you Spike.”
“Buffy,” he whispered, turning his face into her fingers, trying to recapture her touch once more.
“Yea?” she whispered, wondering what was entertaining his mind.
“Love you.” She smiled lightly, knowing she wasn’t far behind. The past week had been amazing as he told her of the adventures he had while in his ghost form. He had managed to wiggle his way back into Dawn’s heart and even Xander was taking a liking to him. She knew it wouldn’t be long till she gave into her heart and stopped listening to her stubborn mind but she wasn’t about to admit it to herself either.
“I know you do,” she whispered. “But it’s time to get up unless you want to end up like the ashes in my fire place.” His eyebrows scrunched together and he opened one eye slowly.
“I hate you. You woke me up from a very excellent dream,” he growled, sitting up. Buffy chuckled shaking her head.
“No you don’t,” she stated simply. Spike hung his head low in defeat before smiling up at her. “Listen, you can go upstairs and go back to your dream but you can’t sleep on my couch all day. I’ve got social services coming over and I don’t want another disaster like the last one.”
“They’re still bugging you? If you want I could get dressed and act like a boyfriend so Dawn could have a ‘father figure’.” Buffy shook her head smiling as she stood holding her hand out to the bleached vampire in front of her. He took her hand in his, standing up and towering over her. He looked down at her, worry etched across his features. “You sure?” Buffy nodded, looking down at there still joined hands. Maybe loving him wouldn’t be so bad.


Spike chuckled when he heard her rambling to the social service woman. He shook his head, putting on his black t before heading down the steps. “Well I see Dawn’s grades have been picking up this past week. What has changed?” the woman, Miss Finkle, asked kindly.
“Well. Um,” Buffy looked for words, knowing Spike had been tutoring her in English and Math.
Spike walked into the room smiling, bending down and placing a kiss on Buffy’s cheek. “Morning luv. Dawn at summer school?” he asked before sitting down next to her. All Buffy could do was nod as she stared at Spike, wondering what was going through that bleached head of his.
“I’m sorry but who are you?” Miss Finkle asked. Spike smiled, holding his hand out.
“William Crawford. I’ve been going out with Buffy for the past four years but I was away last year because of my work. Just got home last week actually.” Miss Finkle smiled warmly, shaking his hand briefly.
“Excellent. It’s good to see Dawn has a father figure.” Spike shrugged, taking Buffy’s hand in his and squeezing it gently.
“Well I usually think myself more as an older brother but yea, I guess you could call me a father figure type.” He looked over at Buffy, seeing her still staring at him. “You don’t mind if I steal Buffy away from you for a second do you?” Miss Finkle smiled and nodded, looking down at her file as Spike ushered Buffy into the kitchen.
He chuckled slightly, pulling out a mug and pouring some pig’s blood into it before setting it in the microwave. “If we’re going to pull this off, you can’t stare at me like that pet.”
“If I remember correctly, I said I didn’t need your help.”
“Yes luv but I didn’t fancy being stuck in your room listening to you ramble on and make a fool of yourself. And even though I love that voice of yours,” he stated, walking up to her and wrapping his arms around her waist. “I wanted to come down and spend time with you. Now, say you forgive me.” Buffy laughed lightly, nodding as she tried to step away from him.
“I forgive you. Now let go of me so I can get back to Miss Finkle.” Spike almost burst out laughing out the sound of the woman’s name.
“Alright but can I get a kiss first?” Buffy’s eyes went wide before she shook her head, pulling away. His grasp tightened on her and he jut out his lower lip in a pout. “Please?” Buffy chuckled shaking her head before leaning in a placing a small kiss on his cheek. His shoulders sagged and his head hung low. He sighed, hearing the microwave beep. He took out his mug and walked back into the dining room where Buffy and Miss Finkle were seated. He took a sip of his blood, licking his lips of any excess before placing his mug down on the table.
“Well, it seems you two have everything under control and let me tell you that I’ll have a good report written up instead of a bad one. It’s great to see that Dawn is lucky enough to have you two who care about her and each other greatly.” She sighed, picking up her purse to leave before standing along with Buffy and Spike. The three walked towards the door, Buffy’s hand safely tucking in Spike’s. Just as Miss Finkle turned to leave, she looked at the two and smiled. “Mr. Crawford, I do hope that you do not waste time in asking Ms. Summers. She’s a beautiful young woman and if I were you I wouldn’t want to let her escape.” Spike smiled, wrapping his arm around Buffy, pulling her close to him. “What Dawn needs is a stable family and I have no doubt that you can give her that.” She sighed happily waving them good-bye before heading out.
“Now what do you think she meant by that?” Spike asked as Buffy closed the door, a small smile upon his lips. Buffy didn’t say anything, only took a step towards him. She smiled, wrapping her arms around his waist and resting her head upon his chest.
“Thank you William. For everything you’ve done in the past. For showing me that it’s ok to love even though you can get hurt.” Spike raised an eyebrow, looking down at her. “Thank you for showing me that even a monster can become a man.” She smiled, pulling away before leaving him in the hall way to think about what she said.



TBC...
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=3526