Two's Company by RedRosenberg
Summary: When Angel loses his soul over in LA, The Scoobies head over to restore it not knowing Spike is also there!
Categories: General NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 4729 Read: 4970 Published: 09/19/2004 Updated: 09/02/2005

1. Part 1 by RedRosenberg

2. Part 2-31 by RedRosenberg

3. Part 4 by RedRosenberg

4. Part 5 by RedRosenberg

Part 1 by RedRosenberg
Author: RedRosenberg
Title: Two’s Company
Rating: NC-17
Pairings: Willow/Angel(us), Buffy/Spike, Dawn/Gunn, Xander/ Illyria, Eve/Wesley
Warnings: Spoilers ATS Season 5 and Btvs 7
Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the characters.
Summary: When Angel loses his soul over in LA, The Scoobies head over to restore it not knowing Spike is also there!


Part 1

Las Vegas

Willow was sick of cleaning, her hair was scruffy her clothes were full of dirt and she was just sick of it all. Buffy, Dawn and herself had all moved to Nevada after the little incident with The First. And of course their new house was dirty and Willow being the nice but foolish person she was had offered to clean up. God did she regret that. Above her she heard the door slam, and then footsteps coming down the stairs.

“Hey Will.” Dawn greeted “Do you know where Buffy is?”

“Yeah, she just nipped out to get us some more dusters as all the ones we already had are swamped in dirt.” Willow replied

Just then they heard the door open again. Dawn ran upstairs to greet whoever it was, before quickly returning with Buffy by her side. Willow looked at the items Buffy had bought and gave her a questioning look.

“Hey, I can’t help it the clothes shops were calling to me!” Buffy murmured

“I’m not even going to pretend to act surprised. Have you got the Cleaning things?” Willow asked

“Course I have!”

“But the question is, are you going to help me clean.” Willow questioned.

Buffy looked at Dawn then at Willow then at Dawn again

“Fine! But Dawns gotta help too!” Buffy whined

Willow looked at Dawn. Dawn just nodded.

“Great, then you better get changed,” Willow looked at Buffy “That is, into some cleaning clothes because you don’t want these dust bunnies all over your nice new clothes!”

Buffy and Dawn looked at each other, sighed and made their way upstairs to get changed.

They returned 15 minutes later in their cleaning gear. Buffy smiled

“Right then, let’s get down to business!”

***


LA

Spike was bored. He’d been waiting for about a hour for Wesley and Illyria to show up and they still weren’t there. At first he’d just figured they had forgotten but now he was worried. He’d thought about going and telling Angel but he just couldn’t be doing with the poof at that moment in time. Finally giving up on the idea that they might actually show up he set off walking to Gunn’s office. Just as he rounded the corner he saw them talking to Gunn. He stalked over to them.

“Err, Hello!” Spike stormed “Did either of you even think about the little arrangement of us meeting up.”

Illyria looked at him then turned to say to Wesley.

“He is giving of the scent of frustration. I think he may be mad!”

Wesley looked over his shoulder at Spike

“I think you may be right. Sorry Spike we completely forgot!”

“Yeah I figured!” Spike replied.

He headed for Angel’s office hoping that maybe annoying the poof would get rid of a little of his frustration. As he entered the office the phone began to ring, seeing that Angel wasn’t there he answered it.

“Hello?”

“Hello, who is this?” The person on the other end asked.

“It’s Spike, who the hell are you.”

Just as he asked this Eve entered with a cell phone to her ear.

“Guess who!” She spoke Spike hung up the phone realising that it had been her on the other end.

“What do you want Eve?”

“Nice to see you too Spike! Anyway the senior partners have some bad news; well I suppose that depends on what you class as bad news.” Eve replied

“Just get on with it!”

Eve smiled then after a long time finally spoke,

“It’s Angel, He’s lost his soul!”

Tbc in Part 2
Part 2-31 by RedRosenberg
Author: RedRosenberg and Spikes Red Queen
Title: Two’s Company
Rating: NC-17
Pairings: Willow/Angel(us), Buffy/Spike, Dawn/Gunn, Xander/ Illyria, Eve/Wesley
Warnings: Spoilers ATS Season 5 and Btvs 7
Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the characters.
Summary: When Angel loses his soul over in LA, The Scoobies head over to restore it not knowing Spike is also there!

Part 2:

“What do you mean, ‘Angel’s lost his soul?’” Spike asked as his brows furrowed in confusion. “I thought he could only loose that poof-y soul of his if he had a moment of perfect happiness.”

“That’s why the senior partners are so upset. They have no clue as to how he lost it,” Eve stated calmly. She didn’t look worried or scared in the least, which was throwing the blond vampire off. Something wasn’t right.

“In other words it’s muckin’ up their plans to use Angel as they please. So, where’s my old sire now anyway?” he sighed.

“Angel? I thought I seen him walking around earlier around seven this morning. Haven’t seen him since,” stated Gunn as he casually strode into his boss’s office followed closely by Wesley and Illryia.

The ex-demon-god cocked her head sharply to the side studying Eve.

“I do not trust this one. She reeks of…”

“B.O.?” Spike quipped snidely, smirking all the while. “Yeah, I could smell it as soon as she entered the office.” Gunn hid a chuckle. No one trusted the young woman connected with the senior partners. Eve pursed her lips together and shot daggers at each of them.

“Look,” Eve sighed. “We don’t have much time before your champion comes in and rips out each and every one of your throats. So, I suggest that you call in reinforcements to help you out with your little problem.”

“Our problem?” Wesley asked perplexed.

“Yes, your problem. Ask Blondie here to fill you in. The senior partners are having no part in this. Good luck,” she winked, right before turning on her heals leaving Spike to tell the others about Angel the not-so-soulful-anymore vampire.

Spike rolled his eyes at her exit, that’s why the bint was so calm. The senior partners were going to sit on their lazy asses and watch, which meant a safe haven for the bitch.

“Well, that’s just bloody-fuckin’ great!” the blond vampire growled as he kicked at Angel’s desk.

“Why is the white-haired vampire punishing the gelled one‘s things?” Illryia asked watching Spike continually kick at the helpless piece of furniture and throwing things from the desk into the wall.

“Because, Smurfett, I’m pissed!” he replied seething. Illryia stood up straighter after being called a smurf again.

“Spike,” Wesley tried to get the vampire’s attention, but no avail.
“Spike…William!” Oh, that did it. That got the blonde’s attention. Spike froze his movements and slowly turned his head towards the ex-watcher. Wesley swallowed as he seen his eyes flicker amber then back. He kind of accidentally pissed the vampire off even more, if that were possible. “Tell us what in the world is going on.”

“Yeah, vamp-man, don’t hold on us,” Gunn added.

Spike began to laugh almost hysterically. Before he told them the wonderful news.
________________________________________________________________

Dawn rushed over to the phone as it rung after turning down the radio they had turned on while they cleaned.

“Hello?”

“Hi there cutie, is Willow there?”

Dawn’s brows furrowed as she heard the slightly familiar voice, but couldn’t place it.

“Um, yeah, she’s right here. Hold on,” she said hesitantly.

“Willow, it’s for you,” she stated as she made her way back to where she had been dusting in the living room.

“Oh, thanks Dawnie. Who is it?” the red head asked.

“Some guy, didn’t get his name,” she shrugged. That voice, where had she heard it before? Oh, great that was just going to nag at her until she found out from Willow.

Buffy followed Willow into the kitchen to get some more cleaning supplies.

“Hello?” she heard the witch say into the phone while she opened up the cabinet under the sink. It was when she heard her gasp and the hang up of the phone when she looked up to see a very pale Willow.

“Willow? What is it?” Buffy asked concerned.

“It--It’s Angel,” she started not really looking Buffy in the eyes.

“What about Angel? Is he ok? Is it serious?” the slayer began to panic.

Meeting her eyes with hers she told her the news, “He’s lost his soul.”

Dawn stopped in the door way right when Willow had told the news. Angelus. Oh, this was so not good. Really, really not good. She remembered the last time he was free and had tried to kidnap her a couple times after he had killed her kitty, Mr. Whiskerson in front of her. Even if the memories of that were fake they seemed really, very real to her.

“Who told you this?” Buffy finally managed to ask.

Willow looked at Dawn then back at Buffy then the floor. Should she really tell them that it was a mightily pissed off Master Vampire who was now free from the soul that which she had twice imprisoned him in or lie?

Raising her eyes to meet their curious ones she said the first thing that came to mind.

“I don’t know. It was an anonymous caller.”


Part 3

Buffy sat in her bedroom staring out the window, she really didn’t know what to do, I mean even after all that had happened with Angelus before she had never really begun to think what she would do if it happened again. She had only just found out that it wasn’t the only time that Angel had lost his soul again,
Willow had informed her that he had also lost it last year and had headed down to LA to restore it.

Willow had offered just to nip down there again and restore it, but Buffy was having none of it. Willow understood how Buffy felt but she still wished that Buffy would just let her deal with it. The only thing Willow was worried about this time was that Angelus was free and roaming around LA.

Willow decided that maybe she should go and see her friend as when she went to bed earlier she didn’t look too well.

“Err Buffy?”

Buffy snapped her head around and looked at the door. Forcing herself to smile she watched as Willow headed over to her and sat down next to her on the bed.

“Are you ok?” Willow asked

“I’m fine just tired and worried. I have no idea how we are supposed to give
Angelus his soul back without any hassle,” Buffy replied

“I know Buffy, but don’t worry about it, there’s nothing we can’t face remember?”

“Huh?” Buffy looked confused

“Hey missy, you were the one that sang it to me so don’t start with all this 'huh' business,” Willow joked

Buffy just smiled in return.

“Maybe we should be off to bed we’ve got a long journey ahead of us tomorrow, and I don’t want to even think about what lays in wait,” Willow suggested

“Ok. Well, I will just go and make sure Dawnie’s alright then I’ll be straight to bed I promise.”

Buffy forced herself to get up and turned lazily down the corridor heading to her younger sisters’ room. Dawn’s room was bigger than Buffy’s with a large window to the left of the room opposite the bed. Buffy poked her head through the door to see a sleeping Dawn lying on the bed. Buffy sighed and quietly closed the door.

She slowly made her way back to her room and collapsed on the bed letting her eyes fall shut and slumber take her over.

****

Willow woke with a start; her red hair fell past her shoulders as she dragged herself out of bed and into the bathroom. It felt so strange having to walk down the corridor to get to the bathroom. As Willow let the water wash over her body she began to think exactly what it was she was going to have to do. Then she realized another complication. (Why in the world was Angelus calling me? 'Cause he wants to play with you like a cat plays with a mouse before they tear it apart Urgh, he is so infuriating! I so need to make his soul Permanente.).
She knew she had to tell them about the caller before they got to LA otherwise she suspected there would be anarchy.

She stepped out of the shower and dried herself off all the while wondering how she was going to explain everything. Suddenly she felt herself bang into something hard.

“OH! Buffy I’m sorry,” Willow mumbled

“It’s okay; you were just in a world of your own,” Buffy smiled

“Buffy, Erm, look, I have something to tell you,” Willow hesitated

“Well?” Buffy questioned

“I…Um It doesn’t matter.” Willow murmured

“Wills, I can tell when there is something wrong with you just get it out,”
Buffy persisted

“I will tell you before we go, it’s just…” Willow looked at the floor, “Not now.”

Buffy sighed but agreed to wait for whatever it was Willow wanted to say. Buffy hadn’t seen Willow like that for a along time, all stammering and nervous. She worried that whatever Willow was trying to tell her may not be good news or at least not easy news to tell.

“Okay, well I’m just off to get dressed,” Willow said

“Fine,” Buffy paused then turned back round and faced Willow again “Wills?”

“Yeah?”

“Hurry up I want to get to LA ASAP the sooner we get there the sooner all this is over.”

Willow just nodded but deep down she had a feeling that maybe when they did reach LA it wouldn’t be over; it would only just be starting.

****

Angelus was bored, earlier he had been eavesdropping on his fellow colleagues when they were talking about him. He was cranky now; he had so hoped to surprise them when the time came to killing them. Hey he might’ve even pretended to be his soulful counterpart for a while just to screw up there minds even more. But no! The stupid senior partners had to go and spoil all his fun. I mean after all this time with them wanting to bring him back when they finally do suddenly they want Angel! What a load of morons. He grew restless after listening to them argue over the past ten minutes, until he heard Wesley mention that little witch to come and re-soul him again. With a smirk he turned on his heels towards the nearest phone without an audience around it. He had missed the little redhead in her last appearance, having been in his version of Hell. She had been so cute the last time he'd seen her in Sunnydale, so innocent and pure. He just couldn’t wait for her to show up, finally a reunion and boy was it going to be fun.

tbc
Part 4 by RedRosenberg
Author's Notes:
My god this chapter has been written for ages and I just haven't had the time to post it. But here it ois. I know it's short.
Co-written with Spikes Red Queen
Author: RedRosenberg and Spikes Red Queen
Title: Two’s Company
Rating: NC-17
Pairings: Willow/Angel(us), Buffy/Spike, Dawn/Gunn, Xander/ Illyria, Eve/Wesley
Warnings: Spoilers ATS Season 5 and Btvs 7
Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the characters.
Summary: When Angel loses his soul over in LA, The Scoobies head over to restore it not knowing Spike is also there!

Authors note: I’ve had this chapter written for quite a while and just never had the time to update so I say it’s well deserved. Also soz it’s so short. Hope you enjoy!

Part 4

Willow rushed upstairs to answer the phone as it rang. Just as she reached the top of the stairs she heard Buffy answer the phone.

“Hey” Buffy answered

“Hey Buf, I haven’t heard your voice in a while.” Buffy froze.

Willow realised who was on the other end of the phone and just stood there stock still.

“Angelus?” Buffy finally managed to get out. She just looked at Willow and hung up.

Willow walked over to her and gave her a hug. Buffy smiled and returned it.

“Before you even ask, yes I’m fine, Will I know we are supposed to be leaving for LA when Dawn gets back from school, but will you ring her whilst I finish packing her things. We are going now!”

Willow didn’t even think of arguing with her best friend she just went straight to the phone ready to go out.

An hour later Dawn, Buffy and Willow were on the highway heading straight for LA.

“Buffy?” Dawn spoke

“What?” Buffy snapped.

“Erm well I was just wondering if we were there yet?” Dawn smirked.

Willow looked into the back smiling but she knew that the joke wasn’t going to help anybody with their tension.

Dawn stared out the window wondering how they had gotten into this situation, sometimes she really wished Buffy wasn’t the slayer but instead her sister. She knew how awful it must be for Buffy but sometimes she couldn’t help being selfish, she just hoped that when she got to LA she would be able to hold herself together for everybody.

Willow sat thinking about Buffy. She figured maybe there would be a spell that would help her with the pain of having to deal with Angelus. She sat and stared out the window, watching the signs pass by occasionally. She just wished there was something she could do for her friend magick or no. If she could just say everything she wanted to she knew that Buffy would be ok, yet even though she knew Buffy would manage she still worried for her best friend.

Buffy wondered how she was driving because she couldn’t actually see the road in front of her. It was strange but she was almost thankful that she couldn’t see the world around her. It would make her breakdown so she closed it all out knowing that for at least the next week she had to have a heart of stone. If she let anybody in then Angelus could use that as a way to hurt her, I mean if seeing him wasn’t bad enough she knew that he would use her friends and family against her. Buffy turned forward gritted her teeth and tried to concentrate on the road. It wasn’t working all she could think about was what was going to happen. She didn’t know what to expect, even though she had been through a fight with Angelus before, she knew that the entire situation was different this time. She just couldn’t stop thinking about him and everything that was going to happen, so she gave up on trying to work out what was lying ahead.

Instead Buffy turned to Dawn and Willow put on her happiest face and tried to make conversation.

“So we all know what we are doing when we get there don’t we?” Buffy asked

“Yeah, you and Willow will do all the work and probably lock me in some cupboard so Angelus can’t hurt me!” Dawn moaned “Can’t I just help a little bit?”

Buffy was about to answer but Willow got there first.

“Dawn Buffy is going to be under enough stress without having to worry about you! Now do you want your sister dead?!” Willow asked

Dawn looked down ashamed

“No” she replied

Buffy smiled at Willow saying a silent thank you, Willow simply returned the smile.

They spent the rest of the journey in silence. A few hours passed before they finally arrived at Wolfram & Hart. Buffy was first to get out the car, followed by Dawn and Willow. Willow approached Buffy and gave her hand a squeeze letting Buffy know she wasn’t alone. Buffy looked at their hands then at Willow before giving a squeeze back. It was finally time. Buffy looked at Dawn then at Willow.

“Here we go.”

End of part 4 Tbc…
Part 5 by RedRosenberg
Co-written with Spikes Red Queen
Author: RedRosenberg and Spikes Red Queen
Title: Two’s Company
Rating: NC-17
Pairings: Willow/Angel(us), Buffy/Spike, Dawn/Gunn, Xander/ Illyria, Eve/Wesley
Warnings: Spoilers ATS Season 5 and Btvs 7
Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the characters.
Summary: When Angel loses his soul over in LA, The Scoobies head over to restore it not knowing Spike is also there!

Part 5

Buffy looked around the large building, it was the first time she had ever been near Wolfram & Heart. Everybody just looked so clean. She stood for a minute just gazing around the building in awe. By the time she came back to her senses Willow was already at the desk asking for Wesley.

“He’s up on the third floor. May I have your name?” The receptionist asked

“Yes it’s Willow Rosenberg” Willow replied

The receptionist looked slightly shocked.

“The Willow Rosenberg?” the receptionist questioned

“Well as far as I know there is only one of me!” Willow answered

“So you’re the person who nearly destroyed the world?”

Willow turned red. Buffy decided it was time to bail her out.

“Yes that’s her, now you were saying about Wesley?” Buffy said

“Do you have an appointment?”

Buffy sighed this was starting to be too much trouble than it was worth.

“I’m not sure,” Buffy sighed

“Well may I have your name and I will check.”

“Buffy Summers.”

“What? You’re the slayer?” The receptionist asked

“Yes now can you please tell us where to find Wesley?” Buffy was getting exasperated

“Mr Price very well,” The receptionist pushed a button on her phone. Buffy assumed she was contacting Wesley, sure enough Wesley answered, “Mr Price a Ms Summers and Ms Rosenberg are here to see you.”

“Send them up then.” Wesley replied

“Very well” turning back to Buffy “He is on the third floor go straight to your right as you leave the elevator.”

Buffy didn’t even bother to say thank you she just pushed Dawn in the direction of the lift. Buffy turned to Willow

“Well that was a lot of work.”

“I know I think she was just doing it to annoy us.” Willow said back.

They soon found themselves outside Wesley’s office. Willow stepped to the side and gestured for Buffy to enter first. Wesley looked up as Buffy entered and rose from his chair.

“Buffy.” Wesley addressed her with a nod of his head.

“Wesley” Buffy replied back overly sharp.

Willow noticed a hint of annoyance in Wesley but as soon as it appeared it was gone. They all stood there for a few moments until finally Dawn broke the silence.

“So does anybody know where Angelus actually is?” Dawn asked. Willow smiled a the younger girl.

“I can do a locator spell.” Willow turned to Wesley “That is of course if it’s ok with you.”

Wesley was rather put down that Willow had immediately decided that they would not know where Angelus was. He was tempted to say something but instead inclined his head at Willow. Willow cheered up instantly she was worried about how tense everything was going to be yet here they were straight into business, Willow hoped they would be home that night.

********
Dawn was bored she had been sat outside Wesley’s office now for about 20 minutes not knowing what him Buffy and Willow were discussing inside. Buffy had sent her out hoping that the less she knew about everything with Angelus the safer she would be. Dawn never understood Buffy’s thoughts. Gunn noticed that 2 girls were in Wesley’s office he wondered who they might be then it hit him. He had forgotten that the slayer was coming. Instantly he strode towards the doors of the office a little bitter that Wesley had failed to involve him in it.

Dawn noticed the hansome black man enter Wesley’s office she waited for him to come back outside from being sent out like she had. Ten minutes went by it was obvious that he was welcome to listen to the conversation. Dawn sulked.

The other side of the door a heated conversation was taking place.

“So your saying that unless you can bring Angelus in unconscious and on the floor Willow’s not going to restore his soul” Wesley snapped

Willow sighed for the past five minutes Buffy and Wesley had been arguing over weather to bring Angelus in or let Willow do the spell from where she was.

“Erm Buffy” Willow attepted

Buffy had clearly forgotten that Willow was there because when Willow touched Buffy’s shoulder Buffy sidestepped and using Willow’s weight against her pushed Willow to the floor. A minute later Buffy realised what she had done.

“Oh Wills I’m so sorry. I completely forgot you were here. Natural reflex” Buffy smiled sheepishly.

“Obviously” Willow replied letting Gunn help her up. “Well what I was going to say is why don’t you two compromise?” Willow asked.

“Comprimise?” Wesley questioned

“Yes! Comprimise. For the past ten minutes now you two have been arguing about petty things that can easily be sorted. We should be working together not bickering after all this is Angelus we’re talking about every minute we waste somebody’s life is at stake.” Willow paused at the guilty looks from Buffy and Wesley. She turned to Gunn.

“Gunn is it?” Willow asked. Gunn nodded “ Right well Gunn there is a 17 year old girl sat outside this office will you please go and ask her to come in whilst I talk to these two.”

Gunn nodded again and swiftly left the office. Willow turned back to Buffy and Wesley.

“Listen what we can do is I can start the spell in a minute whilst Buffy goes out looking for Angelus before he has tme to do any damage. Then you both get your ways. Buffy gets to kick Angelus’s ass and Wesley gets to watch him have his soul back in.” Willow looked at Buffy “Is that ok?”

Buffy smiled she loved her friend because she could be just so down to earth sometimes (Well of course that is when she’s not trying to destroy the world) Buffy thought.

Gunn suddenly appeared at the doorway looking confused.

“You said there wa a girl sitting outside the office didn’t you?” He asked

“Yes”

“You did mean this office didn’t you” He asked again and again Willow answered the same.

“Well she’s not there anymore, either that or she’s invisible.” Gunn said

Buffy looked at Willow before they both walked towards where Dawn had been sat and looked into a vacant seat.

“Great” Buffy muttered “Just what we need”

*****

Dawn strolled down the corridor. They were stupid if they thought she was going to sit there bored and alone, so she had decided to have a bit of a wonder. Dawn stopped looking around.

“Well ‘m pretty sure I’m lost” She muttered. Just then Dawn heard a loud crash and then a howl of pain. She was sure that voice had seemed familiar. Heading towards a set of white double doors where the yell had come from Dawn listened again and was sure she heard fighting. She pushed open the doors and stood there with her mouth gaping open.

“SPIKE?” she gasped

Spike looked up from his position on the floor where Illyria had thrown him. One word escaped his mouth.

“Fuck!”

Tbc.

Authors note: Hoped you like it. I know it has taken me a while to write but I just didn’t feel right so it has undergone many alterations and hopefully you like what’s left.

Review please!

End of part 5
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=4519