Turn Back Time by hollowtear
Summary: Buffy is the new girl in town. William becomes her friend over summer break. After a great summer romance, Buffy and William find that they are in opposite social circles. Will they be able to last?
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 16 Completed: No Word count: 19747 Read: 21570 Published: 10/02/2004 Updated: 04/05/2005

1. William by hollowtear

2. Buffy by hollowtear

3. First Impressions by hollowtear

4. A Walk in the Park by hollowtear

5. Painting Fun by hollowtear

6. The Bronze by hollowtear

7. William's Music by hollowtear

8. Separate Days by hollowtear

9. New Friends? by hollowtear

10. New Days by hollowtear

11. Change of attitude by hollowtear

12. Homecoming by hollowtear

13. Day After by hollowtear

14. Truth Hurts by hollowtear

15. Regret by hollowtear

16. Forgiving by hollowtear

William by hollowtear
A/N: Thanks to spikesbabyblues for being a very helpful beta.
Please Review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 1: William


The only thing sixteen year old William Randall could hear was his heart beating. The loud music and continued chatter from the people around him drowned out by the loud thump, thump of his heart. He had been preparing for this for weeks. He could do it with his eyes closed while hanging upside down.

Xander had put him up to this. He knew William had been practicing guitar for two hours everyday for the last seven years. Only recently had William begun to write lyrics for his songs. Sure he played them for his closest friends, Willow and Xander, but that didn’t mean he wanted others to hear them.

“William, you’ll do great.” Willow had come up behind him. William was so jittery he barely heard her.

“I just hope they like my music” William uttered. He closed his eyes and took a couple deep breaths.

“Hey Wills” Xander said to both, walking up to them “Everything all set to go?”

“Yeah, I think I’m ready”

“Good cause it’s time to show the Bronze what you’re made of.”

The previous band had finished their set and cleared the stage. William grabbed his guitar and uneasily went up on stage. He walked up to the mike just as the spotlight turned on him.

Looking down into the faces he said inwardly to himself, The Bronze sure is packed tonight.

Someone snickered. William’s eyes scan the crowd for his friends. His support system, he felt that maybe if he could reassure himself that they were there for him like they always were then he would be less nervous.


“Sometime today would be nice!” someone shouted.

Taking a deep breath he said, “I’m William. These are my words”

William plays his first few notes when his fingers freeze. He can’t remember the rest of the song! He can hear the crowd snickering and some outright laughing. Humiliated he rushes offstage and towards the main door. He has to get away, away from the mean laughs of his
peers, he just had to get away.

“William! William, wait!” He hears someone call for him. Ignoring it he runs out the door and heads home. The cool night air feels like ice on his hot face, but he can’t stop until he’s safe at home.

I knew I shouldn’t have agreed to do it! Why did I let Xander talk me into it?

His music was something he wasn't confident enough to perform in public. It was personal for him, and now he had made a laughing stock of that, and of himself. He wanted to get away from the horrible feeling that left him with.

Finally reaching home, he runs up to his room and crawls in bed.

Summer just started. No one will remember tonight by the time school starts up. I just have to hide all summer.

William started planning a nice summer in his room but by 4:30 had passed out under the covers. He had no idea tomorrow his life would change and tonight wouldn’t even cross his mind for a long time.
Buffy by hollowtear
Chapter 2: Buffy

Buffy Summers had been unpacking for two hours, but the curiosity was already getting to her. What kind of town had they moved into? Where did all the cute guys hang out? What if her clothes were out of style here? What if she wasn’t accepted!?

Buffy had been one of the most popular girls at her last school. Her long blond hair and bewitching smile drove the boys nuts. She had been a cheerleader so her toned body was always tanned and only wore the latest style. Popularity was her way of living. For Buffy, being popular was who she was, it was all she knew.

After finishing one more box, Buffy decided to check out the neighborhood. She had never heard of Sunnydale and really hoped for something fun to do. Bouncing down the stairs, she called out, “Mom! I'm gonna go check out the town. Be back soon!”, and ran out the door before her mom could protest.

It was almost one, and there were several children playing in the yards. Several cars passed, and a couple of cars honked at her. Smiling, she walked down a few streets and was excited to see a cute cafe called Espresso Pump.

“This place looks friendly” She said to herself while walking up to a table. She ordered a drink and watched people stroll by on the sidewalk for a bit. She watched the people go by and wondered what they were like. It was kind of hard to judge though. Bored, she hopped off her seat and headed home.

That was a nice little break, but I better get home before mom has an aneurism. Stupid packed boxes.

When Buffy reached her front yard, she noticed out of the corner of her eye, a guy around her age staring at her from the window.

Who’s that? She turned her head and smiled at him. He was the first person of around her age she had seen so far, he didn’t look too bad. Buffy decided she would keep her eye on him to see what he was like before she introduced herself. Maybe she could have some fun before school started.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bugger!! She saw me! William thought.

He noticed earlier that day that a new family was moving into the house across the street. It looked like a mother and her two daughters. The younger daughter looked to be about eleven. She talked to her mother while walking toward the car. Her mother kept shaking her head no. William chuckled to himself imagining that the little one was probably trying to get out of helping. Then he saw her.

William felt his heartbeat faster and his face grow hot. She was beautiful. She was strolling out of the house calling for her sister “Dawn”. William could hear her voice from the open window and it was like silk on bare skin. With her blonde hair and beautiful looks he couldn’t help but compare her to an angel.

“I have to meet her,” he said out loud to himself.

“Meet who, dear?” William’s mother, Anne, had walked into the room. She was frail and weak most of the time due to illness, but today she looked really well.

“Mother, you look great today. Would you like to have a picnic?” William hoped the invitation would distract from the beautiful girl across the street.

“Yes dear, that would be lovely.” Anne smiled brightly. William loved it when his mother smiled. He took one last look out of the window and went to help Anne with the picnic.

A few hours later, he found himself back at the window hoping to see the new girl again. After a few minutes, he noticed her walking down the street towards her house.

I should go say hi or offer to show her around. Something!! He racked his brain for a reason, any reason, to talk to her, and was stunned when she stopped and turned her head towards him. She had a sweet smile on her lips when William realized she was smiling at him.

Bugger!! She saw me! William thought. He panicked and ducked out of the window before he could make a bigger fool of himself. He looked out the window again a minute later and was disappointed to see that she had gone inside her house. Suddenly inspired, he ran up to his room and scribbled out a new song. All about how beautiful she was when she smiled.
First Impressions by hollowtear
Chapter 3: First Impressions

The next morning, Anne called for William just as he had finished getting dressed. William ran into her room worried that she had fallen.

“Mum, are you alright?” William called Anne mum when he was worried about her.

“No, dear, I’m feeling a little unwell. I’ll be fine. I just need a little rest today.” Anne said. She still lay in bed “I need you to do something for me, William.”

“Yes mum, what do you need?” William had sat next to his mother on the bed.

“I was to take that basket to the new neighbors today, but I don’t feel very up to it. Could you do it for me, William?” Anne was a member of the welcoming committee back when she was well. Since she’s been sick, William has been taking over her duties.

William instantly stiffened at the thought of taking one of the baskets over to see her. That wouldn’t make a very good first impression, would it? But he couldn’t say no to his mother. She was ill and it was his place, as the man of the house to look after. He had promised himself that he would, and he intended to keep that promise.

“Yes mother. I’d be happy to take it over for you.”

“Oh thank you, dear. I’ll just rest up today and be all better tomorrow. You’ll see,” Anne promised.

William kissed his mother on the forehead, wished her sweet dreams, and picked up the basket on the way out of her room. He was going to go over now and hope he didn’t humiliate himself in front of her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

William walked up to the door holding a large basket with various coupons and small welcoming gifts. He paused before knocking to steady his breathing. Just calm down, William, No reason to be nervous. I’m just delivering a basket and probably won’t even see her.
He raised his hand to knock when the door suddenly swung open.
The younger sister was standing there looking at him like she was expecting him to burst into song and dance. He remembered her sister calling her Dawn. She's a cute kid. Name suits her.

“Hi. I’m William. Is your mother home?” His eyes quickly scanned the area looking for any signs of the other sister.

“Yeah. Who are you?” Dawn glared at him while crossing her arms.

“Dawn? Who’s at the door?” A voice he instantly recognized called out. He tensed.
Dawn turned away from the door and said, “Just some boy.”

William looked in the direction Dawn was looking and saw her. She was walking toward him with a small smile on her face. William thought she looked even more beautiful up close. She looked right at him and said, “Just a boy? He doesn’t look like just a boy,” she said, emphasizing the word boy.


She walked right up to him and said, “Hi, I’m Buffy. You are?” She tilted her head to the side and smiled brightly at William. William felt his face grow hot. Buffy! Her name was Buffy! He would always remember how she looked right at this moment. He couldn’t seem to stop himself from staring.

She raised her eyebrows at him waiting for an answer when William realized he had to actually talk to her.

“Uh… I’m…William. My Mum is feeling ill so she asked me to bring this over to you. As a welcome kind of thing” He said a little quickly, like he would forget if he didn’t say it right away.

He couldn’t take his eyes off of Buffy. She was beautiful!! He went to hand her the basket when he all of a sudden he dropped it. Everything spilled out onto her feet. Buffy started laughing and said, “It’s alright, William. I sometimes get nervous doing things for my mom, too.” She bent down to help William pick everything up. He kept his head down and desperately tried to prevent her from seeing how embarrassed he was. “It’s like I’m afraid I’ll mess things up and she’ll never forgive me.”

“Buffy? Who are you talking to?” Buffy’s mom walked into the room and noticed William, beat red and trying to reorganize the large basket he had with him. William stood up and looked at her. “Hello ma’am. I’m William Randall. My mum is ill right now so I came on her behalf to welcome you to the neighborhood.” William could feel Buffy looking at him with a smile on her face. Buffy probably thinks I’m a fool. My one chance and I blow it.

“Thank you, William. My name is Joyce Summers. These are my two daughters Buffy and Dawn. Would you like to come in?”

William looked down and replied, “No thank you ma’am. I must be getting home to check on my mum. It was a pleasure meeting you all.”

William turned and hurried away. He moved as quickly as his legs would carry him. He reached his house and ran inside.


Buffy watched him run to his door and laughed slightly. She thought He seemed sweet He's cute too. William, this will be a summer you won’t soon forget. At least, not if I have anything to do with it. With that thought, Buffy closed the door and planned for a great summer that would start later that day. She wanted him; she would have him.
A Walk in the Park by hollowtear
Chapter 4: A Walk in the Park

William had finally calmed down from embarrassing himself in front of Buffy when he heard a knock at the door. Not wanting his mother to be disturbed, he ran to the door. He swung the door open and instantly thought he was dreaming.

“Buffy! Uh... wha… What are you doing here?” Smooth Will. Real smooth. He thought sarcastically to himself.

Buffy smiled and said, “Well, I’m new and don’t really know my way around town, and I thought that since you’re doing the whole welcoming thing for your mom,” Buffy looked down. She suddenly looked very shy.
“That you could show me around a bit.”

William’s eyebrows shot up. A chance to spend some time with Buffy? How could he pass this up? “Sure.” He said a little too eagerly. “Let me just check on my mother and I’ll be right with you.”

He invited her in to wait while he ran upstairs. Buffy stood right inside the doorway looking around. This is a cute house. His mom must like old furniture, though. This stuff looks really old.

William came back downstairs and said, “Well, I’m ready if you are” He opened the door for Buffy and followed her out. “So… what would you like to see?”

“Is there a park around?” Buffy asked him. She weaved her arm into his and felt the muscles in his arms. Hmm .I didn’t expect this. He must work out.

William had slightly stiffened when she touched him. “Uh… Yeah, just a few blocks away.” He could feel the side of Buffy’s breast against his arm, and felt movement in his jeans. Don’t look down. Please don’t look down. He pleaded silently in his head. He knew he would surely die of embarrassment is she did, because she would see the bulge growing in his pants.

He started walking towards the park and after a few minutes of silence, Buffy asked him, “So when did you move here?”

William looked at her with surprise and said, “What?”
“Your accent. It’s a dead giveaway that you didn’t live here your whole life”, Buffy stated.

“Oh.” William felt his face flush. “My mother and I moved here about six years ago.”

“What about your dad?”

“He died when I was three. He got into a fight with a bloke a lot bigger than him.” He said it quietly as he remembered his father.

“Oh. I’m sorry William. I didn’t mean to…” Buffy looked at him and felt terrible for bringing that up right away. William smiled to let her know it was alright. He didn’t really know why he was telling her this. They walked in silence.


A few minutes later, they were at the park. It was a fairly small park with a few benches and swings. There was a small pond off to one side practically surrounded by trees. A few people were out that day. Some walking or jogging. Others sitting and talking. Buffy led William to a bench closest to the pond. It was a beautiful place to just come and sit. Very relaxing.

“So… Is there anything fun to do in this town?” Buffy asked after sitting down.

“Well that depends on what you like to do.” William said sitting next to her.

“Come on William. One look at me and you can tell what I like to do.” Buffy giggled and bumped William on the arm. He felt a tingle shoot through his body.

“What… Shopping?” He joked. William was amazed at how easy it was to talk to her. He had always had trouble talking to girls, and he had never joked with one. It was strange, because he suddenly felt completely at ease with her. Very comfortable, he had never had that with any other girl except Willow. It felt good.

“Yes, shopping. I like to do other things too. For instance, I like going to the movies and hanging out with my friends and other fun stuff.” Buffy turned her head and looked at William. For the first time she really noticed how blue his eyes were. “You know, you have really nice eyes.”

William instantly turned beet red and looked down. He didn’t know what to say except, “Thank You” ever so quietly. His floppy curls fell into his face covering his eyes. Buffy pushed them back with her hand and said, “I guess we should go. But tomorrow you’re going to take me someplace fun right?” She smiled at him.

“Tomorrow?” William was surprised and excited that she wanted to spend time with him again.
“Well, yeah. You’re supposed to show me around, and I really hope the park isn’t the only place to see.”

“Ok,” he agreed. Buffy and William stood up. Arm in arm they walked back home arranging everything for the next day. He could hardly wait. He found it hard to believe that a girls as gorgeous as she was, actually wanted to spend time with him. But he wasn’t going to turn her down. After all, he wasn’t stupid.
Painting Fun by hollowtear
Chapter 5: Painting Fun

Over the next ten days Buffy and William spent almost every waking minute together. They talked about everything from preferred animals to favorite movies. They talked about childhood memories, but William’s passion for music never came up. He didn’t want her to know about that side of him just yet. He was still embarrassed about that night in the Bronze and didn’t want to relive.

William had taken Buffy to Pottery Café, a cute little shop where you paint your own pottery. Buffy was painting a cute ladybug, William couldn’t decide so Buffy picked out a heart shaped jewelry box for him. Buffy had been talking about the movie they had seen earlier that day when a cute little redhead stopped at their table.

“William! Oh my god. I have been calling you for over a week and you haven’t been there. Why haven’t you been there? Are you okay? We have been worried.” Willow said practically in one breath. Her eyes fixed on William waiting for an explanation.

William had looked up when she said his name and looked at Willow with a slightly amused smile on his face. “I’m fine, Will. I’ve just been showing Buffy around town.”

Willow finally turned her attention to Buffy who was looking at her with confusion. Shit! I thought he said he was single. William noticed the confused look on both of their faces and said, “Buffy, this is Willow. She’s a very good friend of mine.” Turning to Willow he said, “Will, this is Buffy. She just moved into the house across from mine. I’ve been showing her around these past few days.” Relief filled Buffy’s eyes. Willow was only a friend. She was glad of that, she wanted William, and she didn’t want to deal with any obstacles.

“Hi.” Buffy and Willow said simultaneously. They smiled at each other and Willow asked her, “So where did you move from?”

“LA. My mom got a chance to open a new art gallery here so she packed us up and decided that a smaller town would be better for us rather than the big bad city we were living in. Luckily, William here has been showing me the sights.”

“Oh well than welcome to our friendly little town. Maybe we could hang out sometime.” Willow smiled warmly at her.

“Yeah, that’d be great.” Buffy said.

“As for you, William,” Willow turned towards him, “Xander and I were worried about after you ran out of the Bronze like that. Then when I called and you were never there, we thought you were mad at us because we talked you into going on stage,” William flinched at the memory. It was still a little fresh to talk about it. But Willow had let it out of the bag; maybe he could still avert having to go into detail though.

“I’m fine Will. I promise. I just wasn’t ready yet. Let Xander know I am not mad. Ok?” William said. He noticed over Willow’s shoulder that her mother was impatiently waiting for her. Willow turned and noticed too.

“Oh, I have to go. You call me later, William. It was nice meeting you Buffy. I got to go. Bye!” Willow said while running off.

“Bye!” Buffy called. She turned her attention to William and noticed that he had paled slightly. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah. Just a bad memory came back to me.” William shook his head. He looked at Buffy and noticed the question in her eyes. “I don’t want to talk about it now. Maybe some other time.”

Buffy looked at him for a moment before responding, “Ok.”

They sat in silence for a minute before William perked up and said, “I want you to have my heart.” He smirked knowing she would take it a different way than intended. And that was what he wanted. It was a double meaning and both were true. Her head shot up and looked at him. She smiled when she realized what he meant and took the heart shaped jewelry box out of his hands.

“Thank you for your heart, William. I will take very good care of it.” She batted her eyes at him. He looks so adorable right now.

William smiled at her. His need to kiss her was really strong. She is beautiful. Why does she keep spending time with me? She deserves so much better than me. William felt his self-confidence dissolve and looked down. Buffy sensed a change in mood and quickly grabbed her paintbrush. She dipped it in red paint and dabbed it on William’s cheek. William looked up at her and while smiling grabbed his paintbrush and tried to paint her back. Buffy grabbed his hands. Erupting in a fit of giggles, William became helpless. Buffy dabbed his face a few more times when a young man wearing a paint splattered apron walked up to them.

“I’m sorry, but you are causing a disturbance. I’m gonna have to ask you to please quiet down.” Buffy and William looked at each other and started laughing again. They couldn’t help themselves.

“Sorry, mate. We’ll be going.” William said between laughs. They picked up their pottery and walked up to the registers. William insisted on paying for Buffy.

They walked out of the shop with paint all over William’s face. Walking with Buffy, he was surprised that the people looking at his paint-smeared face didn’t bother him. They walked to William’s house laughing and joking the whole way. He loved spending time with Buffy and it seemed she enjoyed being with him.

They reached William’s front door. He opened the door and allowed Buffy in first. He was always a gentleman.

“I’ll be back in a minute. Just got to wash all this paint off my face.” He raised an eyebrow at Buffy and smirked while she laughed. William ran up the stairs as Buffy walked into the living room.

She had been here twice before; once when she asked William to show her around, and once for dinner. Anne had invited Buffy over for dinner when she heard who William was spending all his time with. Buffy thought William’s mom was really nice, but she looked a little sick. William had done everything possible to make sure his mom was comfortable. Buffy thought that was very sweet. Buffy sat on the couch and patiently waited for William to return.

Upstairs, William had scrubbed his face of all the red paint on his face. He went in to check on his mother and found her sleeping. She was sleeping a lot more lately hoping to get over her “touch of the flu”. William was getting more worried about his mother every week, but he couldn’t let her know it. She would just worry that he was worried. William quietly shut the door and went downstairs.

He stopped in the doorway to the living room. Buffy was sitting on the couch with her back diagonal to him. She was looking off in the opposite direction. William watched her and thought She is so beautiful'. How did I get so lucky that she wanted to be with me these past few days? Her hair was swept up into a ponytail with her bangs lining the right side of her face. Her slender neck looked smooth as silk. His eyes trailed down to her perky round breasts. Her spaghetti strapped shirt hung low enough on her chest that William could see the some cleavage. He imagined what it felt like to caress her breasts in his hands. Thumbing one of her hard nipples, he would gently nibble on her other erect nipple. He would kiss slow circles along her areola and down to the valley between her bosoms.

“William, I didn’t hear you come in,” Buffy stood up and walked towards him. William shot back to reality.He suddenly became very aware of his jeans straining across his crotch. William wanted Buffy so badly. He felt that he needed her.

Buffy continued walking towards him and said, “Are you ready to go?”
William watched her coming closer and noticed how red and kissable her lips were. When she was finally standing in front of him, William reached out and grabbed her. He crushed his lips against hers. Buffy squeaked in surprise and her eyes opened wide in shock. He had initiated the kiss. This was so unlike him, but she could get use to this.

Buffy finally opened her mouth slightly more and allowed William’s tongue to massage hers. She wrapped her arms around him and ran her fingers up his back into his hair. William ran his hands up and down her body and rested them on her hips. Buffy nibbled on his bottom lip and felt him smile. William broke the kiss and pulled away. He had his head down for a bit then slowly looked up into Buffy’s eyes. What would she think? Would she be angry with him for doing that?

Buffy focused on the look in William’s eyes, fear, anxiety, and passion.
“What was that for?” Buffy asked tilting her head to the side.

“Just because when I look at you, you take my breath away,” William practically whispered to her.

“Oh.” Buffy walked back up to him and put her arms around him. “ Well, I guess I owe you one.”

Buffy leaned in to give William another kiss. William could see his summer getting better already. It was going to be a good one.
The Bronze by hollowtear
A/N: I tried to recreate a certain scene in the Buffy episode "School Hard" with differences. Also I used the song "Stupid thing" by Nickel in this part. Please review!!!!! Please Review!!!



Chapter 6: The Bronze

William was nervous. This was the first time he was going to the Bronze since the night he humiliated himself. It had been two weeks since then and he was bringing Buffy. Earlier that day, William and Buffy were hanging out at his house when Willow called. She said that she and Xander would be going to the Bronze and really hoped to see him there. When Buffy asked what the Bronze was, he knew that she would drag him there.

They walked up to the main door of the Bronze when William stopped and took a deep breath preparing him for whatever might happen. Buffy looked radiant. She was wearing black leather pants with a purple spaghetti strapped shirt. She wore her hair down tonight and it framed her face complimenting her features. William loved how she looked, but then again he always did.

Buffy had insisted on choosing his clothing for tonight and had chosen a pair of black jeans with a black t-shirt and a red button down shirt over it. It wasn’t the kind of outfit he usually wore, but she seemed to like it. Therefore, he would wear it without a word of complaint.

“Are you ok?” Buffy asked.

William nodded his head and led her in the Bronze. He looked around looking for Willow and Xander while Buffy started getting excited about how much fun they were going to have.

“Hey there’s Willow,” Buffy said pointing towards the tables near the dance floor. “Come on.” She grabbed William’s arm and pulled him towards the table.

“William! I am so glad you guys showed up,” Willow said.
“Yeah,” William replied, “Buffy wanted to see the Bronze so here we are.” William glanced around.

Xander walked up to the table with a couple cokes in his hands. “Hey Wills,” He said before noticing Buffy near William. He set them down on the table and looked at Buffy. “Hi. I don’t think we’ve been introduced. I’m Xander.”

“Hi, I’m Buffy.” She smiled brightly at him and sat down at the table.

“I’m going to get us some drinks, luv,” William had started calling her “luv” after their first kiss a couple days ago. Buffy seemed to like her pet name. William stood up and left the table leaving Willow, Xander, and Buffy alone.

“So, how did you guys meet William?” Was the last thing William heard while walking away.

The band had started playing and the place was somewhat crowed for a Thursday night. William was working his way to the bar when he heard loudly in his ear, “Out of my way, Willy.”

William groaned and looked at the person talking to him. Standing there was a tall, broad shouldered, attractive dark-haired man. William instinctively looked down and said, “I’m sorry, Angel.” He moved out of the way and let Angel pass. “Thanks, Willy,” Angel called over his shoulder. William felt his face grow hot with frustration. He always let people push him around, and he hated it when Angel called him “Willy”

After a moment, William composed himself and asked the bartender for a couple of sodas. Drinks in hand, William walked back towards the table with his friends. He wasn’t gonna let Angel ruin his night, he was going to have a great time with a beautiful girl. He didn’t get to do that often so nothing was going to ruin it. Reaching the table, he saw that Willow, Xander and Buffy had run out on the dance floor. William placed the drinks on the table and walked towards his friends. The band, Nickel, was starting a new song “Stupid Thing”.

I did a stupid thing last night,
I called you. A moment of weakness.


Willow was barely dancing, Xander was dancing goofy, but William hardly noticed them. He was looking at Buffy. Her hips were moving melodically to the music and her arms were above her head moving to her dance.

No, not a moment,
More like three months of weakness.

William stopped on the edge of the dance floor and watched Buffy. She was captivating and enticing. He slowly walked along the edge of the dance floor engrossed in Buffy and how she moved her body. William wanted her. He needed her.

I'm one step away from crashing to my knees.
One step away from spilling my guts to you.


Buffy looked up from dancing and noticed William on the edge of the dance floor with his eyes locked onto her.

I did a stupid thing last night,
I called you.
I'm doing all right.


He looked incredibly sexy with the look of desire in his eyes. Desire for her. She felt moistness between her legs. William has extraordinary blue eyes that make her wet with a look. No one had ever looked at Buffy the way William was looking at her right now. It was a huge turn on. She had never wanted anyone so much.

No, don't feel sorry for me,
Really, I'm all right.


Buffy felt her body grow hot from lust. She couldn’t keep dancing with William looking at her like that. William had stopped walking and just stood at the edge of the crowd with his eyes fixed on Buffy.

I'm one step away from crashing to my knees.
One step away from spilling my guts to you.


Buffy stopped dancing and walked towards him with a mischievous look in her eyes. William tilted his head and smirked. She looked ready to fuck his brains out, and he wouldn’t stop her if she tried.

I did a stupid thing last night,
I called you.
I'm doing all right.
No, don't feel sorry for me,
Really, I'm all right.


Buffy grabbed William and headed towards the main door. Once outside, she led him around the corner and pushed him against the wall. William groaned in surprise. Buffy pressed her lips against his hungrily and wrapped an arm around his shoulder grabbing a handful of hair. William opened his mouth and accepted what she was doing to him. He loved it.
He wrapped his arms around her tiny waist and pulled her even closer. Stop it, William. Not like this. She deserves better. William hesitated, but shook off his thoughts. He brought a hand up and slid it across her breast. She grabbed his hand and shoved it under her shirt. She wanted him now.

Buffy moved her hand to feel the bulge in his pants and started to unbutton his fly. William! Stop it! Make her Stop! William tried to shake off his thoughts again, but just as Buffy slid her hand into his pants and grabbed a hold of his rock hard cock, William said, “Wait. Stop.”

Buffy barely heard him, but William pulled her hand out and held her at arms length. “Wha… William?” Buffy asked in shock.

“Not like this, pet. The timing is off or something, but you don’t deserve to be shagged in an alley where anyone can walk by,” William tried to catch his breath. “You deserve a whole lot more, luv, and I’m going to make sure you get it.”

Buffy wondered, with a curious look on her face, What is he up to? Honestly, she couldn’t wait to find out.
William's Music by hollowtear
Chapter 7: William’s Music

William had been fortunate enough to avoid the subject of his passion for music. He practiced every morning for an hour, and then he spent another hour writing songs and playing his heart out on the guitar. Anne enjoyed listening to William play. She believed he had real potential to become a famous musician. No matter what happened between Buffy and William, he didn’t want her to know until he was ready to let her know. It didn’t matter what he wanted though, Buffy would find out on her own.

After the night at the Bronze, Buffy and William remained more restrained. They weren’t going to take their relationship farther until it was time. William was all about timing, Buffy wasn’t. They spent most of the time at either his house watching movies or just hanging out with Willow and Xander. Anne had accepted Buffy as if she had always been there; so Buffy usually let herself in the house after being told several times that she could.

Two weeks after the Bronze, Buffy had woken up unusually early one day and got ready for another day with William. She said bye to her mom and ran out the door heading across the street. Anne was getting the paper just as Buffy walked up the sidewalk.

“Morning, Mrs. Randall.” Buffy said cheerfully. She noticed that Anne was looking rather well today.

“Oh, morning Buffy. William’s in his room practicing.” Anne smiled at Buffy and opened the door letting Buffy into the house. Buffy looked confused at Anne and asked, “Practicing?”

“Yes, his guitar. Didn’t he tell you about his guitar? He practices everyday around this time. He really very good,” Anne smiled and sat down to read her morning paper. “No, he never did tell me,” Buffy said more to herself.

Just then, Buffy heard some music. She followed it upstairs and the closer she got the more of it she heard. She heard William’s voice drifting out into the hallway. He was singing!! When she got right outside his door, she stopped and listened.

You could see me reaching
So why couldn't you have
Met me halfway
You could see me bleeding
But you could not put
Pressure on the wound


He was amazing!! She didn’t know that he could sing like that. Buffy crept a little closer and peeked her head into his bedroom door. William was sitting at the foot of his bed with his back to the door. Buffy didn’t want to make any noise to let him know she was here. She wanted to hear more.

You only think about yourself
You only think about yourself
You'd better bend before I go
On the first train to Mexico

You could see me breathing
But you still kept
Your hand over my mouth.


Buffy held her breath. She recalled the little hints that she had gotten over the past few weeks about William, mostly from Willow. The “hobby” that no one would talk about finally made sense

You could feel me seething
But you just turned
Your nose up in the air

You only think about yourself
You only think about yourself
You'd better bend before I go
On the first train to Mexico


William stopped singing. Buffy tried to duck out of the room as quickly as possible, but the door creaked as she went to close it. William shot his head up looking towards the door. He caught a glimpse of Buffy as she tried to scurry out. William felt his blood drain out of his body. She was listening!? How long was she there? Shit! Shit! Shit! William tried to remain calm as he said, “Buffy? Buffy, I know you’re there.”
Sheepishly, Buffy pushed opened the door and walked into his room. Thinking he was angry, she couldn’t bring herself to look at him.

“How long you been listening?” William cocked his head to the side and tried to remain calm.

“I’m sorry, William. Your mom said I could come up and I heard you singing and it was such a nice song and…” Buffy trailed off. She finally looked at William and saw him studying her. He had a relieved look on his face. He smiled slightly at her and said, “You liked my song?”

“Yeah,” She nodded. “I didn’t know you could sing like that either. Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I wasn’t ready, but I guess whether or not I am you should know.”

William put his guitar away and moved over to the bed. He sat down with enough room for Buffy to sit. After she sat down, he looked at her and explained the whole story behind his music. He told her that his dad had been a writer before marrying Anne. He wrote short stories and poems. When she got pregnant, William’s dad decided to get a real job to take care of his family. He only wrote in his spare time. After his father’s death, William found some of his old poems and stories. He wanted to express his father’s work in his own way so he picked up guitar playing and writing music. Eventually, William was writing his own lyrics, but he still played the songs with his dad’s writing for his mother. She always had tears and a smile on her face when she heard the songs. It was like she was reliving the happiest times in her life when she heard them. William felt that his own lyrics exposed too much of himself. Anytime someone heard his music was because he was willing to be vulnerable to them. It was very private to him.

William looked at Buffy, his eyes searching for understanding about why he didn’t tell her sooner. “Buffy?” He spoke softly.

She looked down. Buffy felt terrible for listening the way she did. She looked at William. “I’m sorry William. I didn’t know.” Buffy’s eyes got watery. “It was… is a beautiful song.”

“Thank you,” William smiled at her and cupped her cheek with his hand. “Would you like to hear another one, luv?” Buffy looked in his eyes and nodded her head. “Yes,” she whispered.

William leaned forward and lightly kissed Buffy’s lips. He went to grab his guitar and sat back down next to Buffy. “This one is about you.” William took a deep breath and started playing.

When I'm all alone
When I'm feelin' blue
No one understands me, baby
Nobody but you
Through all the sleepless nights
And the rainy day till' the sun is nowhere in view
The only way I make it through is when I come to you

And in my darkest hour, when the midnight shadows fall
Baby you got the power to make the angels come to call
I just hold you in my arms
And let the music in my heart play the whole night through
When I come to you, I felt so brand new, when I come to you

When I come to you, you make it all right again
When I come to you, you keep me fro…

Buffy cut him off with her lips pressing against his. She ran her fingers through his hair and lightly pushed him back against the bed. William pushed the guitar out of the way without breaking the kiss. He laid back onto his bed while Buffy climbed on top of him and straddled him. William brought his hands down her back and caressed her ass. Buffy felt pressure between her legs from William’s crotch. His cock twitched against her, and Buffy instantly grew wetter than she already was. That song was a huge turn on. Buffy started humping on William. She never wanted him as bad as right now. William moaned and grabbed onto her hips.

Buffy tugged at his shirt until William finally pulled it off. Buffy’s sat back and her eyes roamed over his upper body. She ran her hands across his chest and down his washboard abs. William just gazed at her loving the look of pleasure on her face. Buffy ran her hands back up his abs and lightly pinched his nipple.

“Hey!” William almost shouted. “You pinch my nipple.” Buffy giggled and said, “Yeah, so? What are you gonna do about it?” Buffy’s eyes sparkled, and William smirked. He grabbed Buffy by the hips and tossed her on the bed next to him. He turned over and climbed on top of Buffy. Buffy giggled helplessly and tried to squirm away. William grabbed her waist and started lifting her shirt. He pulled it off of her with one hand. Buffy still giggling but no longer squirming noticed how red William’s face was. William had stopped what he was doing and was just trying to digest the fact that Buffy wasn’t wearing a bra!

He cupped her breasts with his hands and looked at Buffy. She noticed the uncertainty in his face and asked him, “Have you ever seen a naked woman before?” William shook his head. “William, have you ever had a girlfriend before?” Again, William shook his head.

“Before you came along, pet, the only girl I talked to was Willow. She’s just a friend.”

Something clicked in Buffy’s head. She asked him, “Was I your first kiss?”
William looked away from Buffy and nodded his head. William finally removed his hands from Buffy’s breasts and climbed off of her. Buffy sat up and grabbed her shirt. She didn’t know what to say so she wrapped her arms around him and just held him.

After a moment William said, “I have never felt like this before about anyone, But if you don’t want someone as inexperienced as me. I will let you go, if you want to go.” Buffy’s mouth opened in shock. Why would she do that?

“Are you kidding? Your first kiss was ten times better than any other I might have had. I’m not letting you go.” Buffy kissed his cheek, and William smiled at her, relieved. “Besides, I want to be around for all your firsts.” William’s smile got bigger.


A/N: I used the following songs in this part. Incubus "mexico" and Jonny Lang "When I come to you". Please Review!!
Separate Days by hollowtear
Chapter 8

“Buffy!” Anne called upstairs.

William whipped his head towards the door. Buffy’s eyes opened wide and she quickly tried to turn her shirt outside in.

“Buffy! Your sister’s here!” Anne called again.

“Coming!” Buffy called back. She pulled her shirt on and jumped off the bed. After fixing her clothes and hair she asked William. “How do I look?”

“Beautiful as always” William said after pulling his shirt back on. Buffy smiled and gave him a quick kiss.
“I’ll call you later, Will,” she called over her shoulder on the way out. She ran downstairs and found Dawn standing there with an impatient look on her face.

“What’s up, Dawnie?” Buffy asked walking up to the door.

“Mom wants to take us school shopping,” Dawn said.

“I could use some new outfits and some…” Buffy’s voice trailed off as she closed the door.

**********************************************************

William went downstairs to check on his mother. He found her sitting at the dining room table covering her eyes with one hand. The other hand was grasping onto the table.

“Mother, are you all right?” William ran to her side and kneeled on the floor.
Without looking up, Anne said, “Yes, dear, just a bit of a dizzy spell.” William sighed and hung his head. She’s getting sick again. William looked up at his mother and said, “Come on, let’s get you into bed.”

Anne nodded knowing she wouldn’t win an argument against William. She sighed and allowed him to help her to bed. Maybe she’ll be better tomorrow. William hoped.

**********************************************************

Buffy was exhausted. She’d been shopping most of the day, but she had all new clothes for school. Tomorrow was registration for her senior year. Summer was already almost over.

She put all her clothes away and went to call William. Several rings later, she heard an exhausted William answer the phone. “Hello?”

“William? Are you alright?”
“Yes, luv, just a little tired. My mother got a little ill and I’ve been caring for her since you left.”
“I hope she’s ok. I’ll let you go, but don’t forget registration tomorrow.”
“Of course, I’ll see you then, pet.” Buffy heard a click and sighed. Anne had been doing so well these past few weeks. She sincerely hoped Anne got better.
Buffy put the phone on the table and tried to occupy the rest of her day.



Buffy woke up and got ready to go register for school. She was kind of excited to see the people she would be going to school with. Her mom took Dawn so Buffy was on her own.

She went down to Sunnydale High and saw a fairly large crowd of high school students. Buffy got a little more excited. She wasn’t academic, but she wanted to see the popular people. She walked up to the school and went inside.



A few hours later, Buffy walked outside with a couple folders of paperwork and an appointment for cheerleading tryouts later that day. She had been a cheerleader at her old school and was looking forward to joining the squad this year.

Her eyes had been searching for William all day, but she hadn’t seen him.
She was starting to wonder about him. Buffy took one last look around and ran off home to get ready for tryouts. She was going to make the squad. She knew it.

*********************************************************
William sat in the waiting room to hear from the doctor. His mother had collapsed that morning and he called Dr. Gull. Anne was being examined by the doctor at the moment and William patiently waited to hear anything. He’d been through this a few times before over the past few years. He knew that he could do nothing but wait. So he waited.

************************************************************

Buffy stood waiting for her turn to “audition.” There was one girl in front of her and another already auditioning. The girl was awkwardly jumping around trying to spell out words with her arms and shouting,

“… me an L!! Gimme an E!! What’s that spell?! Sunnydale!!! Yay!!!”

Buffy chuckled inwardly to herself. This is going to be easy. The head cheerleader watching was shaking her head and mouthing “No” to the girl in front of Buffy. That meant Buffy was up. She took a deep breath and walked forward to do her cheer. It was one from her old school but she changed the name to Sunnydale.

“Sunnydale! Sunnydale! We never fail! We never fail! Jump and
Shoot! Swish and score! The other team is such a bore! Yeah!”

Buffy finished with a smile on her face. She thought she did pretty good. The head cheerleader walked up to her and said, “I think it’s safe to say that you made the squad.” She looked at Buffy then said, “Are you new?”

“Yeah, I just moved here a couple months ago from LA”

“LA? You lived in LA? I would love to live there. So close to all those shoes.” Buffy smiled knowing what she meant. “Oh, I’m Cordelia and you should come to the Bronze tonight and meet everyone.” Cordelia and Buffy started walking to get their things.

“Sure! I’ll see you there?” Buffy was excited.

“Good. Around 8:00 is when the cute guys show up so I’ll see you then.” Cordelia said with a smile and walked off in the opposite direction.

Buffy grabbed her things and ran off home to get ready for the Bronze three hours early. Maybe William would want to go too. She’d have to find out.

*****************************************************

William walked into the room his mother was in. Dr. Gull had just left and said that he could see her for a while.

“Mother?” William said quietly. He didn’t want to wake her if she was sleeping. Walking up to the bed, William saw his mother with her eyes closed and steady breathing. William pulled a chair close to the bed and wrapped his hands around his mother’s limp hand. When she woke up, he would be sitting there waiting for her.
New Friends? by hollowtear
A/N: Sorry it took so long but with the great computer crash last week, I've had to reinstall some programs and stuff. Please review. I want to know what you think.


Chapter 9: New Friends?

Buffy had called William several times, but no one answered. She thought about stopping by his house until she noticed that no lights were on. She had given up on contacting him, and decided to go meet Cordelia at the Bronze. She thought she looked great so with one last look in the mirror, she grabbed her purse and headed out the door. Time to have some fun.


Arriving at the Bronze, she saw Willow and Xander going through the door. She was pleased to see them and hoped William would stop by later. She walked in and almost immediately spotted Cordelia surrounded by a group hanging on every word. It seemed like Cordelia was the one to know.

“Cordelia!” Buffy called walking up to the group.

“Buffy!” Cordelia pushed people aside making room for Buffy. “You must meet everyone. Especially…” She turned Buffy around to face Angel. Buffy’s mouth almost dropped open when she saw him. He was gorgeous!!! Definitely one of the hottest guys she had ever seen.

“Angel, this is Buffy. Buffy, this is the star quarterback and best looking guy in school, Angel” Buffy looked into Angel’s eyes and felt her knees grow weak. She felt flush; she tried to play it off as cool, as though she wasn’t affected by his looks.

“Hello, beautiful.” Angel took Buffy’s hand and gently kissed it. Buffy melted. Cordelia smiled then squeezed between them. She introduced Buffy to the rest of the group, and then pulled her away to grab some drinks.

Buffy was still a little dazed from Angel when Cordelia asked, “You like him don’t you? I can so see it on your face. I dated him last year, and he is definitely worth dating.” Buffy glanced in Angel’s direction. Harmony was chattering away at him, but his eyes were fixated on Buffy. She blushed slightly and looked back at Cordelia.

Cordelia was looking at her like she was waiting for an answer. Buffy asked her, “What was that?”

“I asked if you met anyone else yet?”

“Yeah, my neighbor, William.” Buffy could still feel Angel’s eyes on her, but kept her eyes locked on Cordelia.

Cordelia’s eyes bulged. “His last name wouldn’t be Randall, would it?” Buffy nodded.

“He’s such an incredible loser. We call him William the Bloody.” Buffy looked confused, why would they call him that?

Cordelia explained, “Our freshmen year, he had this major crush on this uber popular girl named Cecily. She transferred here from England a couple years before. I mean she was like prom queen for two years. One day he sent her some poem that he wrote. She read it out loud at lunch and just laughed and said ‘William, you are beneath me. That was by far the worst poem I’ve read. William the Bloody Awful Poet’. The name stuck with him even after she moved away.”

Buffy sighed. That’s horrible what happened to him. She felt terrible about it. William was so sweet, and that was so cruel. Cordelia was smiling at some guy standing behind Buffy. Before walking up to him, she looked at Buffy and said, “Call an ambulance. That guy will need one when I’m done.”

Buffy watched her go. She saw Angel walking through the crowd towards her with a sexy smile on his face. She really liked William, but she wanted to be included in the “IT” crowd. She knew now that she couldn’t have both, only question was, which one did she want more? Right now, she still wasn’t sure.

******************************************

William’s eyes opened to see his mother looking at him. She was smiling at him and said gently, “My dear boy, you look exhausted. You’ve been here the whole time, haven’t you? You should go home and rest”

“Not until I know you are well, Mother”

“Pish Tosh, What good is it if I’m well if you’re not?” Anne chastised.

William smiled weakly and sighed. “O.k. mother, do you need me to bring you anything back?”

“I don’t want to see you until tomorrow, William. You are to go home and call your friends. I will be fine. Don’t argue. Now give me a kiss and go,” Anne said firmly. William nodded a little shocked at his mother’s firmness. He leaned forward and kissed her forehead. He stood up and grabbed his keys. With one last glance at his mother, he walked out the door and went home.

************************************************

Buffy was walking home alone reliving everything that happened at the Bronze. She had a blast with Cordelia and Angel. He had danced with her
several times and she felt like she was still blushing from some of the things he hinted at. The three of them had a crowd around them most of the night and Buffy loved it. By the end of the night she had given Angel her phone number and made a date for tomorrow night. She couldn’t wait.

She looked over at William’s house and noticed a light on. Immediately she ran over and knocked on the door. The door swung open to reveal William looking slightly exhausted and half naked. His hair was a mass of wet curls. He was shirtless wearing only black pajama bottoms and stood there with a look of confusion on his face.

“Buffy?” William stepped closer to her and glanced around. “What’s wrong? Did something happen?”

She was really liking how he look right now, but the concern in his voice shook her out of her trance. “Huh? Oh no, nothing happened, but I have been trying to get a hold of you. Where have you been?” Buffy was the one to have concern in her voice now.

William looked down and said quietly, “My mum got really ill, so I took her to the hospital. They want to keep her for a while til she’s better. I’ve been with her the whole time.” He sighed.

“Oh my…” Buffy didn’t really know what to say to comfort him. “Do you want me to stay here for a bit to keep you company? At least until your able to relax.” She genuinely worried about him. She knew how much he worried about his mother.

William just looked at Buffy as if considering it then stepped aside and invited her in.

“I’m not keeping you from something, am I?” He asked indicating her clothing.

“No. I was on my way home.” She walked into the living room and sat down. William followed her and sat next to her. It felt like a month since the last time he saw her even though it was only yesterday. She picked up the remote and started flipping through the channels. “I have found the best way to relax is by watching some sappy movie on TV.”

William watched her, amused at her annoyance with all the informercials. She finally found a movie channel that was showing something decent. He couldn’t remember the name of the movie, but knew Buffy had made him watch it before. It was the part where the geek was offering money to the cute girl to pretend to date him.

Buffy cuddled up to William as she got comfortable. He wrapped an arm around her as her head rested on his bare chest.

They watched about half the movie when he noticed that Buffy’s breathing had slowed and she hadn’t seem to move in a while. He tilted his head to look at her face. Her eyes were closed. She must have fallen asleep just a bit ago. She looked like an angel.

William stroked her hair and decided to tell her how he felt, with no chance of rejection, right now. He kissed the top of her head and softly whispered to her, “My mother once told me that when you love someone, you should tell them. I never thought that I would find someone to tell that to. Then you came along. You have changed my life in more ways than you will ever know. I’ll be a better man just for knowing you. Buffy, I love you, and I know that no matter what I always will.”

His voice had gotten shaky. He took a deep breath and kissed Buffy again. William was suddenly exhausted. He leaned his head back and closed his eyes. Almost instantly he fell into a deep sleep; otherwise he might have felt the tears from Buffy’s tightly closed eyes falling onto his bare chest.
****
New Days by hollowtear
Chapter 10: New days

William opened the passenger side door to help Anne get out. After two weeks, she was finally coming home. Just in time, too. William was starting school tomorrow. He’d be a senior this year and was looking forward to the school year.

Anne took his hand and pulled herself out of the car. She was still a bit weak, but at the point that she could take care of herself. William still worried. He wrapped an arm around her and glanced across the street at Buffy’s house. It seemed quiet.

He thought about the night he told Buffy he loved her. He awoke the next morning to find her gone. Every time he called, there was no answer. Willow had mentioned that Buffy had been Bronzing quite a bit lately, although it wasn’t known if she was alone or not. William had spent most of his time at the hospital with his mother.

“William, Do you have everything you need for tomorrow?” Anne asked while closing the front door behind her. William snapped back to the present upon hearing her question.

“Yes, I took care of everything last week. Are you sure you’ll be fine while I’m at school?”

“I wish you’d stop asking me that, William James Randall. I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself,” Anne scolded.

He chuckled to himself. He could see that she was better. “Ok mother,” He kissed her on the cheek and continued, “I have an idea. How about I make us a quick dinner and we watch your favorite movie. Just us two.”

Anne’s face brightened, “That would be absolutely lovely. You know how much I love The Sound of Music” Anne appeared almost giddy as she went up to her room to change. William watched her and smiled to himself. With school tomorrow, he hoped he’d see Buffy. He missed her. He couldn’t wait to see her again.

*************************************
The next morning was spent frantically getting ready and running around. William’s alarm hadn’t gone off so he was running a bit late. Good thing he was an early bird. He grabbed his things and went to say bye to his mother.

Anne was sitting at the dining room table drinking a cup of tea when he walked in. She smiled, wished him well at school and gave him a kiss on his cheek. He called over his shoulder on the way out the door, “Bye mother. See you after school.”


Arriving at Sunnydale High, one of the first things William saw was Willow and Xander waiting for him on the steps. He hurried up to them and said, “Hey guys been waiting long?”

Willow turned towards him and exclaimed, “William, can you believe school is finally here? Do you think we’ll get a pop quiz today? I haven’t had one all summer,” the red- head was almost bubbling over with excitement.

“That’s the whole point of summer, Will,” replied Xander. “So we don’t have quizzes and homework.” Willow’s eyes brightened as the mention of homework. William chuckled. That was one thing he likes about her, she was enthusiastic about learning.

“Hey look, there’s Buffy,” Xander said pointing behind William. He turned around to look for Buffy.

Buffy was walking beside Cordelia towards the main doors. She was laughing and talking as, William noticed, Angel came up behind her and picked her up. Buffy started laughing harder and yelling for him to put her down. William wasn’t sure what he was watching. Angel put her down, and then wrapped his arms around her waist. Buffy turned around to face him and wrapped her arms around his neck. No. Not Angel, thought William. Then to his horror, Buffy leaned in and kissed Angel right on the lips.

William felt his heart drop. He looked away in disbelief. This is a nightmare. This isn’t really happening. If I close my eyes and look back they wont be there!! He shut his eyes and silently counted to three. He took a deep breath and looked back. He wanted to die. They were still there. The girl he loved and his worst enemy making out in front of school. He could feel the cracks start to appear on his heart, and he felt like it would shatter.

Willow was looking at the expression on William’s face. She had never seen him look this heartbroken before. Not even with Cecily. “William?” Willow said softly. He looked at her like he was just realizing she was there. He looked once more at Buffy then Willow and went running towards the school. He had to get inside away from everyone. He ran with his head down so he didn’t notice Harmony in his way.

Harmony screamed as William crashed into her. Books and papers flying everywhere, he landed on his back at no other than Angel’s feet. Angel and Buffy looked down at him, a surprised look on her face. William scrambled to his feet and with one last pained look at Buffy ran inside the school. Away from her and the laughter.

Buffy saw the look on William face and realized, finally, that he saw her with Angel. She hadn’t wanted to hurt him. She never wanted that to happen.

**********************************

William sat in the bathroom stall trying to control his breathing. He didn’t want to believe what he had seen, but why Angel? The one guy that went out of his way to make William miserable. Whenever Angel got the chance he would smugly remind him of Cecily by calling him that god-awful name, William the Bloody. Angel had even dated Cecily for a bit and rubbed that in his face too. He knew the right buttons to push William over the edge.

William finally calmed, he opened his eyes and walked out of the stall. He looked at his watch and was surprised to find first period almost over. He decided to wait out the rest of class and slip into second. He walked over to the sink and looked in the mirror. His refection looked back at him with a heartbroken look on his face. He washed his face and heard the bell ring. Time for second period. This was going to be a long day.

**********************************

Buffy kept an eye out looking for William, but it was already sixth period and no sign of him. She wanted to talk to him. He wasn’t supposed to find out like that. She had wanted to tell him in person, but never got the chance. William’s declaration of love for her had scared her a little. Buffy knew she cared for him, but she didn’t know if she loved him. Now Angel was a fun type of guy, and sexy, and a member of Cordelia’s crew. William was just William. She didn’t know if that was enough for her.

**********************************


A/N: I know some people didn't want Buffy and Angel together, but it is needed for will happen in a furture chapter. But I'm not telling you what... Please review. I do like reading what you think.
Change of attitude by hollowtear
Chapter 11: Change of attitude

William pushed past all the bodies in the school hallways and headed for his final class of the day, English. This had been a really long day and he wanted nothing more than to go home.

At lunch, Willow tried to cheer him up, but did not succeed. It hadn’t helped matters that Angel was at the next table. Angel had turned to him several times as he had found another reason to make ‘Willy’ even more depressed. That reason was Buffy. Seems she had mentioned him quite a few times in the past couple weeks, and Angel picked up more about their relationship than she let on. Angel really could be an ass sometimes.

William finally reached the doors to his English class and walked into the room. Willow and Xander were not in this class with him so he settled into a seat in the front corner. Hopefully, this class would go by as quickly as possible. Hearing more students walking in, he looked up just in time to see Buffy walk in. She looked directly at him, and stopped dead in her tracks. Bloody hell!!! Thought William angrily as he turned his gaze in a different direction. I should have known. My whole day has been shit, why not top it off. He saw out of the corner of his eye that Buffy had sat in the seat next from him. He groaned.

“William, I need to ta…” The school bell ringing cut off Buffy. William sighed. This day needed to end, right now. He heard Buffy whispering his name and trying to get his attention. He wasn’t ready to talk to her, so he just ignored her.

“Good Afternoon, I’m Jenny Calender and this…” William mind didn’t register anything else. All he could think about was Buffy. He did miss her. The way her eyes crinkled when she laughed, how her lips always looked pouty, how he felt when she was in his arms. Yeah, he missed her a lot. William hung his head and wished she hadn’t sat so close to him. He could smell the fruitiness of her shampoo and she was there in his peripheral vision. He didn’t want to be here.

**********************************

Buffy had been as surprised as William when she walked into the class and saw him sitting there. He shot her a hurt and angry look before looking away. There were several empty seats in the room still, but she went and sat next to him. She wanted to talk to him, and it looked like now was her chance. She dropped her bag next to her seat and sat down. She sat for a moment thinking about how to approach him. Buffy turned towards William and opened her mouth to explain, “William, I need to ta…” The bell cut her off. She sighed; this was going to harder than she thought.

“Good Afternoon, I’m Jenny Calender and this is Senior English. So if you’re not a senior, you’re not supposed to be here.” The class laughed as a young stocky kid turned beet red, grabbed his bag, and practically ran out of the room. Buffy shook her head. She glanced over at William and noticed that he was hanging his head. He looks so depressed. Buffy decided to give him a few days, then she would approach him and he wouldn’t get away without her explanation. She hoped.


**********************************

One week later…

William had been able to ignore Buffy everyday in class, but not Angel at lunch. He knew it was only a matter of time before Angel flaunted his relationship with Buffy. William tried his best to steer clear of him, but Angel had plans to hurt poor William as much as possible.

William was walking out of the lunchroom with Willow. Xander had second lunch so he was nowhere around. Willow was talking to William about the latest pop quiz she had aced when behind them a voice shouted, “Willie!!!” Angel smirked and walked up closer to him. “Come now, Willie. I want to talk to you.” He put his arm around both Willow and William. He leaned in close to him and said not quietly, “So have you been deflowered by Red here yet? We all know you haven’t been with anyone else.”

William’s face burned. He glanced at Willow before looking down. Willow whirled around and faced Angel with an irate look. “Shut up, Angelus. You need to pick on someone your own size.” William looked up in surprise. He had never heard her talk like that before. Angel was staring bitterly at Willow. “Better watch you say, Red. You might end up saying the wrong thing to the wrong person.” He looked over at William and spat, “See you around, Willie,” and walked off.
William peered over at Willow and noticed she released a breath. “Wow. I never saw anyone stand up to him like you did, Will.” He stated, “remind me never to piss you off.” Willow looked at him and replied,

“He just makes me so mad. I could just… just… spit.” William smiled at that. It was unusual to see Willow like this, but at the same time it was kind of funny.

“Come on, I’ll walk you to class. I might need to be protected.” Willow laughed and nodded. Side by side, they walked off to their next class.

**********************************

By English class everyone had heard about Willow standing up to Angel. Buffy had been shocked when she had heard. Angel had never been mean, that she knew of, and Willow had never been forceful. Students did tend to exaggerate, though. She wanted to talk to William to see how Willow was; she was going to try to talk to him after class.

Buffy anxiously sat in her seat waiting for class to end. Only a few minutes left until the bell so she kept looking up from her book over at William. Come on, William. Please look at me. She silently pleaded. He had barely acknowledged her all week, and it stung more than she thought it would.

Ring!!!!

Buffy quickly grabbed her books and bag and hurried to catch up to William. He had jumped out of his seat and almost ran out of the room. Coming up behind him, Buffy called, “William, wait.” He looked over at her and stopped dead in his tracks, a hard expression on his face. Buffy’s breath caught. He had never looked at her like that before. Such anger in his eyes.

“Well?” William voice broke Buffy’s shock. She took a breath and asked softly, “How’s Willow?” William’s expression soften at her concern for Willow.

“She fine. I think she surprised herself almost as much as she surprised everyone else. Though she is a little worried Angel might do something to her, for embarrassing him and all.”

“No. I won’t let him. You tell her that for me ok?” Buffy realized her poorly chosen words when she saw him scowl. He was still upset at the mere mention of Buffy and Angel being a couple. “William, I’m sorry! I wanted to tell you in person about him. You shouldn’t have found out about us that way. I…”

“Does this conversation have a point, luv?” William interrupted, his voice angry. He had been a little shocked when he heard Buffy’s voice calling him. There was a bit of hope still in his heart that she wanted to be with him again. When she mentioned her and Angel, William felt his last shred of hope disappear. It pissed him off that out of everyone in town she wanted that wanker, over him.

William tilted his head and raised his eyebrows. She looked unsure of what to say. She knew it would do no good to talk to him about Angel. She looked into his steely blue eyes and whispered, “You won’t understand. I’m truly sorry it has to be this way, William. I wish things were different.” Buffy turned around and walked away before he could see the tears in her eyes.

William watched her go and softly said, “I wish that, too.” And he really did, he wished it more than anything.



A/N : Let me know what you think. Review or write to me at spuffyfan121 at hotmail.com
Homecoming by hollowtear
A/N: Tthanks so much for the great reviews. It makes me happy knowing people are liking this fic. (It's my first) Please review.


Tuesday…


The school was a buzz with anticipation. Homecoming had arrived and everyone was looking forward to the game and the dance. Buffy and William hadn’t spoken since that day in the hall. It hurt him too much and she was too “busy” with Cordy and the crew. Cordelia was excited about homecoming and insisted on Buffy going shopping with her. Angel was most likely going to be homecoming king so Buffy knew her chance were good to be queen. She had to have the perfect dress. Meanwhile…

William looked over at Xander and Willow. They were seated on a red couch in Xander’s basement watching TV. William was in a chair off to the side of them. Xander felt a little weird with the way William was just staring at them so he looked over at him and said, “Something on your mind?” William looked confused. “What do you mean?” He asked Xander.

“Well, you been looking at me and Will off and on like you want to say something. So what’s on your mind.” Willow looked over at them just as William asked them,

“Are you going to homecoming?” Xander chuckled and replied,

“I don’t know about you, but I don’t really see the point of putting on some monkey suit so some girl rubs her body against your body and… wait a minute. I think I like that idea.” William and Willow looked at each other and laughed. That was Xander for them, a little slow on the uptake. Willow said to her boys, “So does this mean we are going? Cause if we are I need to find a dress”

William nodded, “Yeah. Let’s go. It might be fun.”

**********************************

Saturday Night…


William walked into the school gym with his best friends. The dance was in full swing and the three of them looked ready to party. They grabbed some punch and found a table near the dance floor. Music blaring, friends around, all dressed up, William found it hard not to want to dance. He grabbed both Willow and Xander and pulled them on the dance floor. He was having fun.

Halfway through the night, it was finally time to announce the homecoming court. Principal Fluttie walked up to the microphone. “Students and staff, If I may have your attention please. The time we all have been waiting for is finally here. Homecoming King and Queen.”

Everyone had gathered on the dance floor and was waiting anxiously. This was a pretty big deal for most people, but people like William and his friends just wanted to dance and have fun. They had been dancing most of the night with occasional breaks for punch and resting, but when Principal Fluttie got onstage they had been caught in the crowd.

“This year we have our student body president to announce the King and Queen, Ms. Kate Lockly.” Kate walked up to the microphone holding two envelopes. “Hello everyone. Are you all having fun?” The crowd on the dance floor yelled back, “YEAH!!”
“Good. Now down to business. This year’s Homecoming King and Queen are the two people you voted for and they are…” Kate started to tear open the first envelope.

William heard a small commotion and glance over at it. Angel was standing there being wished luck and patted on the back. Next to him was Buffy, she looked beautiful. She was wearing a long white dress and her hair was swept up with a few strands framing her lovely face. She had a wide smile on her face and her body was wrapped in Angel’s arms. William felt his great mood, the first in a while, disappear. It hurt to see her looking so happy with someone who wasn’t him.

Kate got the envelope opened and spoke in the microphone, “Your homecoming King is Angelu…” The crew started yelling loud enough so that no one could hear anything else. Angel had been named King and was the center of attention. Buffy jumped up and down and grabbed him around his neck. She pulled him in for a quick kiss before he went up onstage. It still hurt William to see her with him, but he couldn’t look away. She was glowing and captivating. He couldn’t tear his eyes away from her.

Angel walked up onstage with a smirk. He walked up to Kate, ran a finger across his tongue and smacked her on the ass. The crowd laughed, and Kate squeaked in surprise. The newly crowned Angel stood onstage and waited for his Queen. Kate blushed furiously as she opened the second envelope. “This year’s Homecoming Queen is…” William looked over at Buffy, she was holding onto Harmony and Cordelia’s hands. She had her eyes shut and her head down, like she was praying. “Cordelia Chase!” Cordelia smiled brightly and started walking up onstage. Buffy plastered a fake smile on and started clapping, but William could see she was disappointed. She looked so upset about not winning. William wanted to go up to her and comfort her. He just wanted her in his arms again.

Cordelia walked up to Angel and gave him a big hug. Kate gave her the crown and turned back to the microphone. “Our couple will receive gift certificates for two to see the movie of their choice. Thanks for helping to make this homecoming dance a success and see you at Prom!!” The three of them walked offstage. Buffy stood alone trying to cheer herself up. William took a deep breath and stepped forward towards her.

He was ten feet away when Angel showed up beside her. She perked up and wrapped her arms around Angel’s neck. William swallowed the lump in his throat. He had hoped not to see them together. He tore his eyes away from Buffy and headed back to his table.

Music started blaring just as almost everyone had cleared the dance floor. Cordy’s crew was left with Harmony dancing by herself and Buffy and Angel with their arms around each other. William recognized the song playing. It was one of Buffy’s favorites.

You know you are my lover
You got me twisted over you
I know I got what you need


William looked over at Buffy again, and saw them slow dancing. Her head rested on his shoulders, eyes closed. Angel seemed to be looking across the dance floor at Kate, smiling.

So what you wanna do
Baby, baby I know
Baby I love you so
But you don't feel like I do
Tell me what can I do


William watched as Kate seemed to smile back at Angel and mouth the words “Later, tonight.” Buffy had no idea what was going on, she just danced.

But I gotta be strong
Did me wrong
When I thought that we were really down
So you say you want me
Make up your mind
Cuz I'm not gonna be here for long


Buffy was swung around slowly when she opened her eyes and looked directly at William. He had a look of understanding creeping on his face. He looked really good in his suit and she wished she were dancing with him, instead.

Breaking up now
you got me twisted, thinkin bout the way that things used to be
when it was you and me girl I was so free


He looked directly into Buffy’s eyes. She smiled at him warmly. William just smiled back.

see you had my heart from the start like cupid
and i was just downright foolish and stupid
But now I know the reason for the pain and the headaches

Angel glanced over and saw Willie smiling at Buffy. With an evil glint in his eye, he tilted her face towards his and pressed his lips against hers. Buffy resisted slightly.

You left me all alone now I can't even concentrate
I guess I'll wait for the day until you come back
Because my heart is where your love is at
You got me twisted...


William watched with pain in his heart. Buffy pulled away from Angel and watched William’s face crumble. Buffy looked slightly panicked as she saw him look at her with hurt in his eyes. He turned away and without a single glance at anyone, walked out the door.


Buffy glared at Angel and before she knew what she was doing, she slapped him. Buffy’s mouth opened in shock. Angel turned his head back towards her, his eyes glaring into hers. His face was turning red with anger. Buffy backed up a couple steps

“Oh my god, Angel. I’m sorry.” She lowered her voice and looked at his face, he had a handprint clearly visible across his cheek. “I don’t know what came over me, I’m so sorry” Buffy took a step forward. She went to touch his cheek gently, but he shoved her hand away.

“Everyone is always sorry.” Angel replied harshly, his eyes narrowed on her. “but no one ever really means it.” He spun on his heel and walked out, leaving a stunned Buffy watching.

** Angel paced the school hallways trying to control his temper. Cool it, Angel.He thought, need to calm down. One little glitch doesn’t spoil my plan. He punched a nearby locker, instantly feeling better. She will regret that, but only when the time is right. When that bitch finds out the truth, it will destroy her, Angel stopped pacing and smiled an evil smile. and I will enjoy every minute. **
Day After by hollowtear
A/N: WARNING: some B/A although it is the begining of the end for them. I finally got over the big block so here's a brand spanking new chapter. Review!!! I love reviews!!!


William heard the phone ringing before he woke up. He was stretched out face down on his bed with his pounding head hiding under the pillow. When he got home last night he didn’t even bother getting undressed. He was still in his suit, now wrinkled, refusing to get up to answer the phone. After the sixth ring, he heard his mother answer it. Another moment passed before he heard her knock on the door telling him Willow was on the phone. He groaned and reached for the extension beside his bed.

“’ello, Will. What’s so bloody interesting you have to call me so early?” Willow giggled knowing that William is always grouchy when he oversleeps. With an innocent voice, Willow asked, “What do you mean early? It’s almost 12:30.” William furrowed his brow and glance at the clock next to him. “Bloody Hell!!” How did I sleep so late? Could have been those four shots someone bought me. Now if only I could remember who.

“William you shouldn’t have left so suddenly, you missed the whole thing!” He groaned at the memory of the dance and the “happy couple”.

“I’m sorry, Will. I got a sudden case of… uh…what do you mean whole thing? What happened?” William felt his head pound with each word.

“Buffy smacked Angel! right in the middle of the dance floor!” He sat straight up instantly regretting it. “Then he walked off and left her there. She had to hitch a ride home with Cordelia.”

William spoke to Willow a bit more before hanging up. Staring at the phone, he wondered what Angel did to deserve it. Whatever it was, he would have loved to see it. With that final thought, he got out of bed and headed for the shower. Might as well get ready to face the day was his only thought.

**********************************
Buffy sighed, relieved. She had been upset since last night wondering how Angel was going to react to her slapping him. After he disappeared from the dance, she hadn’t heard from him. She was starting to think he would end it between them when he called. He apologized for walking out on her and again for “practically fucking” (his words) her on the dance floor. He wanted to take her someplace nice to make it up to her. She gladly agreed. They set a date for tonight at seven.

Buffy hung up the phone and looked out her window at William’s house. She wondered how he was doing. She had really enjoyed being with him, but didn’t know how she felt. She thought of their last night together. How scared and confused she was when he said he loved her. She freaked. She slipped away that night and avoided him for two weeks by spending as much time as possible with Angel and Cordy. She found herself pushing William to the back of her mind. Last night at the dance, though, when she saw him standing there smiling at her, she realized she really missed him. She had Angel though, and she really liked him, too.

Buffy turned away from the window and headed for her closet. It would probably take the rest of the day to find something for her date. She had to look beautiful for Angel. After all, he was her boyfriend.
**********************************

Angel hung up the phone and smirked. Buffy was so easy to manipulate. Tell her you’re sorry and everything is peaches and cream again. This will be easy. Maybe I can push forward a little sooner than planned. He thought.

He looked over at Kate half naked searching for her clothes. She had run after him after he left, and proceeded to screw him all night. His anger made his thrusts a little rough but that’s how she liked it. At least that’s what Angel told her. He smirked as Kate finally finished getting dressed and, without a word, walked out of his bedroom. He had big plans for tonight.

**********************************

Buffy looked in the mirror to apply the finishing touches to her makeup as the doorbell rang. Damn it!! Angel’s here! She knew he didn’t like to wait so she finished as quickly as she could and hurried downstairs. Dawn was standing in the doorway talking to William. Buffy froze. William looked up at her coming down the stairs and smiled.

“Hi.” He said quietly. Buffy stared at him, speechless. “I just came by to lend li’l bit here one of my books for a report. I’ll be out of your way in a minute.” He turned towards Dawn. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” He smiled at Dawn and looked at Buffy once more before turning and walking back to his house.

Buffy released the breath she was holding. If Angel had shown up, she didn’t want to think what would have happened. She knew that both William and Angel despised each other, she just didn’t know why. Dawn had watched William walk away and turned towards Buffy,

“Why did you stop talking to him? He is a great guy.” Dawn asked her sister. “He’s much better than that other guy, Angel.” Before Buffy could respond, Dawn ran upstairs to her room William’s book in hand.

Buffy shook her head and walked to the front door just as Angel’s car pulled up. He honked the horn and waited for Buffy. She grabbed her purse and ran out to his car climbed in the passenger side, smiling at him as she got in.

“So, Angel, what are we doing tonight?” Angel looked over at her and smiled, “You’ll see, but don’t worry you’ll have fun” He replied as he pulled out of the driveway and slammed on the gas pedal heading down the street.

A few minutes later, Angel pulled up to the park, and stopped the car. He noticed the curious look on Buffy’s face and just smiled. “Stay here,” he told her before getting out of the car. She saw him open the trunk and pull out what looked like a blanket and a box. He walked over to her side and opened the door, “Come on. Follow me,” He said.

Curious, Buffy followed him while trying to see the box he held close to him. Angel walked further into the park to a small clearing surrounded by trees. He placed the box on the ground and laid the blanket out on the floor. Buffy slowly walked up behind him and peeked over his shoulder as he picked up the box again. Angel noticed her and smiled at her while motioning her to sit down.

Once she sat, Angel cocked his head and said to her, “How do you feel about me, Buffy?” He paced slowly around her. Buffy surprised at his question followed him with her head.

“Wha…?”

“What I mean is do you care for me?

“Yes.”

“Do you think of me when you’re at home?”

“Yes”

“Do you miss me when I’m not around?”

“Yes. Angel what’s with all the questions?” He stopped pacing and crouched down in front of her. He placed the box aside and looked deep in to her eyes.

“Only one more question. Then I’ll let you see what I brought, okay?” Buffy nodded. “Do you, Buffy Ann Summers, love me?” Buffy sat there, not knowing what to say. She honestly didn’t know. She might, but a certain neighbor of hers was constantly running through her mind lately. Angel was still looking at Buffy waiting for an answer. He saw a series of emotions run in her eyes, but finally saw what he wanted.

“Yes.” She whispered. She didn’t know what else to say at this point, but felt that she might really love Angel. William was just a distraction. Buffy glanced down at her hands while Angel grabbed the box and handed it to her. She glanced at him once more before opening the lid. She looked at the contents and with a puzzled expression looked at Angel.

He just smiled and asked her, “Do you trust me?”
Truth Hurts by hollowtear
Chapter 14: Truth Hurts

Buffy could hear the rustling of leaves and soft whispers on the wind. She had been blindfolded and was lying naked on a blanket. It felt like an eternity, but had only been a couple of minutes since Angel had last touched her. Suddenly she was back a half hour before with Angel crouching in front of her. He had grabbed the box and handed it to her. She glanced at him once more before opening the lid. She looked at the contents and with a puzzled expression looked at Angel. He just smiled and asked her, “Do you trust me?”
“Yes,” she pulled out the handcuffs and blindfold in the box, “but this?”
Flashes of Homecoming filled her mind. Her slapping Angel: Angel’s face full of rage. And all she could hear was his voice saying, “Do you trust me?”


Buffy shot up. She looked around and saw that she was in her room and took a deep breath. It had only been a dream. She was in her room, and it looked like it was morning outside already. Glancing at her bedside clock she saw that it was eleven. Trying to shake the weirdness of her dream, she climbed out of bed and headed for the shower.

**********************************

Her mom wanted her to help her out with an exhibit so Buffy’s day was packed full of activity. She tried calling Angel a few times that day, but with no answer. Dawn had constantly chatted about William. It seemed she had a crush on him. The day had flown by so fast that before she knew it, it was bedtime again. Crawling into bed, she remembered her dream and hope tonight would be a better dream.

**********************************

Rustling of leaves and soft whispers, Buffy was sitting on her blanket, again in the woods. Looking around she noticed that she was alone, but she heard voices all around her.
“Hello?” Buffy asked, her voice echoing. “Is anyone out there?”

“Buffy,” was whispered, she whirled around, but found no one. “Do you trust me?”
“Angel?” A figure was walking out of the woods towards her.
“Do you trust… love… me?” Angel’s voice echoed over and over.

Frightened, Buffy covered her ears and screamed, “Stop!”

Suddenly, she was sitting with William crouched in front of her handing her a small box. He was looking at her with love and passion filling his eyes. She carefully took the box and opened it to reveal a beautiful silver necklace. Buffy gasped and looked into William’s eyes. “It’s a shame you trusted the wrong one, luv.”

William was gone; Angel was crouching in front of her. She looked down and tossed the lid to the box aside. “Do you trust me?”

“Yes,” she pulled out the blindfold and turned around seeing William standing behind her. “William?”
“Buffy, do you trust me?” Angel asked again.

“Yes”
William placed a hand on her shoulder and said, “You shouldn’t.”




Buffy woke up in a cold sweat. Taking deep breaths and reminding herself it was a dream, she glanced over at her alarm clock, 7:15a.m. She should be getting ready for school. She reached under her bed and pulled out the box he had given her. Throwing the lid aside, she pulled out the blindfold and a pair of handcuffs. Fingering the handcuffs, she thought about Saturday.

Lying naked on a blanket
Blindfolded
A tent stake holding her handcuffed hands to the ground
Many orgasms
Muffled laughter
And the feel of … wait, muffled laughter?!?


A chill ran through her. There were other people there? Angel couldn’t have known that there were people watching, could he? Frantic at that thought, Buffy got up and changed then ran out the door. Hopefully she’d catch him before class.

**********************************

William didn’t see Willow and Xander waiting in their usual spot this morning as he arrived at school. Glancing around he sat on a nearby bench and dropped his bag at his feet. After waiting about five minutes, William saw Buffy hurrying up to the steps and nervously looking around. She stopped at the bottom of the steps and William could barely hear her saying in a panicked tone, “Come on Angel. Hurry up. I need to talk to you.”

Concerned, William walked over to her and asked, “Buffy? Are you…” She whirled around and cut him off, “Will! Have you seen Angel today? Do you know if he’s here yet?” He could see the urgency in her eyes and just shook his head.

Buffy’s eyes looked over William’s shoulders and focused on Angel walking up with a big smile on his face. She pushed past William and ran up to Angel saying, “I need to talk to you.” She grabbed onto his arm and pulled him further down the sidewalk away from the crowd in front of the school. William watched her talk quietly for a minute with him before turning back to the bench where his bag sat.

**********************************

“Angel, Saturday in the woods,” Buffy spoke quietly but quickly, “was there anyone else around?”

Angel looked a little surprised, but responded quickly, “Why would you ask something like that? I thought you trusted me, Buffy.”

“Angel, I do, but I was thinking about it this morning and I remember a couple times there was some laughter, and I didn’t really think about it then. Now I’m worried that someone else was there and that they saw what we were doing.” She looked at Angel’s expressionless face, “What if it was someone from school and they tell everyone about it.”

Angel looked at Buffy a moment more before he said, “I’m impressed. I thought it was going to take you longer to figure that out.” Buffy went from worried to confused. “What?” “When you slapped me, did you really think I would forgive you that fast? When all those people had seen? Did you really think I wouldn’t do something about it? At first you were a game, Buffy, but I couldn’t let that go so easily.”

Buffy looked at him in complete shock. She barely comprehended what he was telling her. Backing up a few steps, she tripped on the curb and stumbled. Angel just laughed before continuing, “I saw you and your precious Willie at the Bronze this summer. That’s when I knew that I had to have you. Just. So. He. Couldn’t.” He spat out. Buffy shook her head. William. Angel dated and slept with her so William couldn’t, and she had let him. Tears flowing freely, she noticed William standing off to the side watching them. He wore a look of hate and rage. His fists were curled up into tight balls.

Angel continued, not seeing William, “The look on his face when he saw you with me was amusing. I can’t wait to for him to find out that last Saturday you fucked me… and Parker. Everyone loved how you were too into it to realize that I wasn’t the one fucking you.”

Buffy’s blood froze. Parker Abrams had sex with her!! That bastard, Angel, let her believe she was having sex with him, but instead it was Parker!! Why didn’t she feel the difference when Parker started touching her? Why did she let Angel blindfold her? Buffy crumbled to the ground and broke down. Angel laughed enjoying her display. He watched her for a second then turned to walk away, but his face met with William’s fist.

Angel caught off guard stumbled backward, but quickly recovered. He threw his body at William and tackled him to the ground. William swung wildly as he landed hard with Angel on top. Angel punched William in the ribs several times knocking the wind out of him. William head-butted Angel causing him to lean back enough so that he was able to push him off, William scrambled to his feet. He leaned over Angel ready to punch him again, when Angel punched him in the crotch. William doubled over in pain; Angel stood up and punched him knocking him to the ground. William fell hitting his head on the curb. Blood pouring down his face, William lay there slightly unconscious. Angel stood over him and said, “Hope she was worth it, Willie. She sure as hell isn’t even a good fuck.” Then with a kick to William’s ribs, he headed back to his car.

Hearing the squealing tires, Buffy looked up to see Angel’s car leaving the school parking lot. She glanced over and saw William lying on the ground groaning in pain. Buffy slowly stood up and walked over to William. His eyes were fluttering and he was bleeding profusely from a deep cut over his left eye. Instantly worried, she crouched next to him and grabbed his hand.

“Oh my god, William.” She breathed. He looked over at Buffy and saw her screaming for help before he blacked out.

A/N: I would like to thank mrs_marsters for discussing with me this chapter and how to make it better than the first two times i wrote it. and I would also like to thank spikesbabyblues for being my beta and giving such wonderful feedback. Review please, I love your opinions.
Regret by hollowtear
I dont own... genius... Joss... characters... I wanted to post this before New Years Eve, but there was a problem involving email that has yet to be fixed. This chapter is unbeta'd so hopefully i will be posting the revised one soon. Please Review!!!!!!! Warning this chapter has some sexual situations that are unwelcomed. I tried not going into TOO much detail. I hope you enjoy this chapter.


Chapter 15 : Regret

“William, Wake up.” A female voice softly said. “William.” His eyes slowly opened to take in a friendly looking woman staring down at him. She had a gentle smile and kind eyes. He noticed he was in the nurses’ office, and carefully tried sitting up. “Are you feeling dizzy?” The nurse asked him.

He shook his head and replied, “I feel like I got hit by a truck.” Suddenly realizing, he looked quickly around the room. “Buffy, Where’s Buffy?”

“She’s not here. Principal Snyder sent her to class,” Nurse Olivia explained, “She wanted to stay by your side, but he said it was of no concern to her.”

“How long have I been out?”
“A short time”
“I’ve got to get out of here,” William jumped up from the cot, and a strong wave of dizziness washed over him. He sat back down and put his head in his hands. He closed his eyes and his thoughts immediately went to Buffy. She had looked devastated while talking to Angel and William couldn’t help but overhear what was said. He realized that he had underestimated just how much Angel hated him and exactly how evil he could be.

Once the dizzy spell vanished, William opened his eyes and stood up asking, “Where’s Buffy?”
“She’d probably be in second period right about now,” Nurse Olivia said. “Are you sure you’re ready to go to class?”

William ran out without answering and headed straight for Buffy’s class. He ran down the empty hall hurrying to get there before the bell rang. Buffy was most likely not in class, but he wanted to be sure. He arrived at her classroom door and peaked in the window to find her seat empty. He had a feeling that he knew where to find her, so he turned and headed for Buffy’s house.

**********************************

Buffy ran home after she was shooed out of the nurse’s office. She was worried about William, but knew she just couldn’t go to class. Angel had confessed, quite harshly, that there had been several people there watching the whole incident on Saturday. She didn’t know who and how many, therefore she knew she couldn’t face anyone at school right now. She arrived home just as Joyce was pulling out of the driveway. She ducked behind a fence and watched as her mom drove away. Once she was out of sight, Buffy ran into the house and slammed the door shut. Finally alone and safe, she collapsed against the door in heavy sobs. Why me? Why did Angel do that to me?

What seemed like hours later, she finally calmed down enough to stand up and walk into the living room. She sat on the couch and was just staring straight ahead when she noticed the large yellow envelope on the table. Buffy leaned forward and picked it up. It was addressed to her, but had no return address. Who would send me something? She thought as she turned it over and opened it. She pulled out a plain videotape and looked inside for anything else that might have been sent. Curious, she stood up and walked over to her television and inserted the tape into the VCR. She stood back and watched as the screen lit up and the tape started playing.

Parker’s face was displayed across the screen as he smiled, “I see the red light now. It’s working.” He whispered. The cameraman turned the camera towards some trees then zoomed in to show Buffy sitting on a blanket with Angel crouched in front of her. He was covering her eyes with the blindfold. Buffy’s breath caught and she felt her legs weaken. She squeezed her eyes shut and hoped that she’d wake up. This can’t be happening. Please let me wake up. She opened her eyes in time to see Angel climbing on top of her naked body and proceeding to slid into her. He drove himself into her until she screamed out in pleasure. Her body shaking, Angel was pushed over the edge and emptied himself into her.

Crying freely now, Buffy watched as Parker slowly walked up to them and kneeled next to Buffy. As Angel talked to her, Parker ran his hands up and down her body, settling himself between her legs. Buffy could barely make out Angel saying, “Are you ready to go again?” and her saying, “Yes.” She shut her eyes not wanting to see what she knew was going to happen. She could hear some soft giggling and hushed whispers more clearly on the tape. She dared her eyes open and witness Parker on top of her, her legs wrapped around his waist while Angel whispered close to her ear how much he loved her and that they’d be together forever.

Buffy screamed out in revulsion. The door was thrown open to reveal William looking frantic. He ran up to Buffy and quickly gathered her up in his arms. She grabbed onto him tightly and sobbed against his chest. William glanced at the TV. Parker was running back to the cameraman smiling. It zoomed in on Buffy still lying there naked, and then turned to static.

William had arrived a few moments before and saw through the window what Buffy had been watching. It tore his heart out what Angel was putting her though, and he blamed himself for it. He wished he could just take it all back, and turn back time to the beginning. But for now he could do nothing but hold Buffy while she cried.

Buffy cried for what seem like hours before she fell into a whimpering sleep. William just sat on the floor holding her and stroking her hair. He felt her start to wake and was ready for anything she might need except…

Buffy awoke to strong, warm arms holding her. For a moment it felt right, like she was supposed to be there. Everything came back to her at once, and she quickly pushed whoever it was holding her away scrambling to her feet.
Her eyes landed on William, still on the floor, with a shocked look on his face. “What are you doing here?” she asked angrily. “Get out.”

“Buffy…” he said, hurt in his voice. He slowly stood up and took a step towards her. “I’m here to help y…”

“GET OUT!!” she yelled. “It’s your fault this happened!! Get OUT!!!”

William absorbed what she said, “His fault”. He clenched his jaw, turned around, and walked out the door. Buffy took a deep breath, and sat on the couch waiting for her mom to come home. She had proof and they were going to pay, every one of them.
Forgiving by hollowtear
wow. I bet you guys forgot that i was writing a fic, didnt you. Well after 3 months, here is the new chapter. Please review.

Chapter 16 Forgiving


Out of mind, I love it, easy to please
Never mind, forget it, just memories
in a notebo…on a page…


William sighed, frustrated. He couldn’t concentrate on writing lyrics. Only able to write half of what he wanted, he finally decided to give up. Thoughts of Buffy kept surfacing in his mind along with the conversation from the night before. Two months had past since Buffy’s breakdown and William was still in shock at what Angel had done. From what William heard, Buffy marched down to the police station and pressed charges against everyone involved. Angel had disappeared, but Parker was charged with rape and is currently awaiting trial. Cordelia Chase surprised everyone when she turned in Kate, Graham, and Eve shortly after Parker’s arrest. Graham had been bragging to Cordelia one night and she was appalled at what they had done. She informed Buffy and the police the next day.

Buffy had taken up kickboxing and self defense classes. She was seen with a couple other girls from her defense classes around town. They seemed to be the only ones she talked to on a regular basis. She hadn’t even really looked at William since that day and he was starting to finally accept it, until a couple nights ago…

*William had been restless. He couldn’t sleep or sit still, so he decided to go for a late night walk. He checked on Anne, sleeping, before heading out the door. The cool night air felt refreshing against his smoldering face. He walked without really knowing where he was headed, but wasn’t surprised to find himself at the park. He retraced the same path him and Buffy had taken the first time they’d met. Slowly swinging on the swing set, he recalled how she looked that first day, such life and joy in her eyes. He missed seeing her like that.

Sighing, he stood up and headed back the way he came when he saw a flash of blond hair heading into the woods. Curious, he followed whoever it was deep into the woods until they came to a small clearing. He caught a glimpse of her face in the moonlight. Buffy. She was standing along the edge of the clearing hugging herself and staring in to the center. William slowly walked closer. He stopped a few feet away and just watched her.

A few moments went by in silence when all of a sudden, Buffy quietly said, “This is where it happened.” She had spoken so softly that William wasn’t sure if he had heard anything. He stepped closer when she continued, “He made me believe he loved me. People don’t do that to the person they love,” she turned and looked at him, “do they?” William was taken aback at the look in her eyes, gone was the life and joy replaced by sadness and uncertainty. “You want to know something, Will? I don’t even know if love actually exists anymore.” Buffy looked away as tears started forming in her eyes. Her chin trembled and her voice broke as she continued, “I’m sorry I hurt you. I was so stupid. Popularity was all that mattered to me, but you know what? It’s all bullshit. I threw away a great friendship with you for people who cared more about what brand my clothes were than being my friend.” William had moved next to her as she spoke. She closed her eyes and sighed before looking up to meet his gaze.
Buffy opened her mouth to speak, but William fingers brushed across her lips silencing her. Just a look in her eyes and he knew all she wanted to say. He smiled gently at her and took her hand. William felt Buffy hesitate slightly before following him out of the woods back towards her house. They walked in complete silence with only the moonlight illuminating their way.

Reaching Buffy’s yard, William turned towards Buffy. She looked up at him and after several moments asked softly, “Will, can we start over?” He brushed hair off her face, softly kissed her forehead and replied, “I’d like that, pet.” *

William sighed as he lay back on his bed. He had wanted to speak to Buffy for weeks, but he’d been afraid that she still blamed him for everything. Only recently had he realized she was lashing out at him out of sheer convenience. He had kept his distance and patiently waited for her to approach him. Now she had and he could barely contain his glee. Even after everything that had happened, he still loved and wanted to be with her.


A/N-Usual disclaimer about me being broke cuse i dont own any of these characters. the paragraphs between the * are flashbacks. In case anyone was confused. Sorry so short, but Please review!!! Please!!!
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=4733