Once In A Life Time by Magan
Summary: Can love happpen twice in a lifetime?
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 13753 Read: 11432 Published: 09/14/2003 Updated: 09/14/2003

1. Prologue by Magan

2. Chapter 1 by Magan

3. Chapter 2 by Magan

4. Chapter 3 by Magan

5. Chapter 4 by Magan

6. Chapter 5 by Magan

7. Epilogue by Magan

Prologue by Magan
Title: Once In A Life Time

Author: Magan

Disclaimer: Own none of the ME characters. All other characters owned by me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prologue
Early one Monday morning, a young blonde was in a hurry to leave for an appointment, when she carelessly bumped into a young man. Neither one had been paying much attention to their surrounds. As the young woman bent down to retrieve her things, they touched hands, instantly electricity went through each of their bodies. They had the sudden urge to look in each others eyes. Slowly, the young man and woman rise to their feet, their eyes met instantly. They hadn’t even heard the cars go by, or even feel people bump into them. All time stopped for both of them. Nothing else mattered, except that moment.

Oh my god, this man is so beautiful. Chiseled cheek bones. His hair is blonde and curly. What I wouldn’t give to run my fingers through his hair. Blue eyes that you could practically swim in. He’s totally hot. I wonder if....Stop!

This is the most beautiful creature I have ever seen. Her hair...so blonde. Her eyes so green. She looks so amazing. I wonder what she’d look like without...Damn it; stop now before you get yourself all worked up. As if that was any more possible. You may never meet her again, unless you do something about it. Ask her out, man, do it. Do it!

He soon realized that he was staring at her.

When she realized she had been staring, she quickly looked away. He could tell how much she was affected by him.

“I’m so sorry.” The young woman finally spoke.

Her voice sent goose bumps up his arms and a shiver down his back. She was lovely. He wanted to get to know her more.

“No, no, it my fault. I wasn’t looking. Please forgive me, madam.” He softly grabbed for her hand and kissed the inside of her palm. The blonde woman thought she’d go weak in the knees. He just smiled, which made her blush.

That accent! Oh that voice sends shivers up my spin. I’ve got to get to know him somehow. I can’t let him walk out of my life.

“Would you mind getting a spot of tea with me?? I know this really great coffee shop on Third.”

“I would really love to, but I’ve got an appointment, I can’t miss. A new shipment has come in at an antique store and I’ve got to check the authenticity of them.”

“Well, then rain check?” He hoped that she would accept. He really wanted to see her again, and soon. He didn’t know how he could let this Angel go.

“Sure.” She grabbed a business card out of her briefcase, and handed it over to him.

“Elizabeth Anne Summers, it was lovely to meet you.” He looked up from the card and gave her a brilliant smile.

“It’s nice to meet you,” Buffy stopped, not sure what to call him.

He realized she wanted to know his name. “It’s William Preston, but my friends call me Spike.” Oh my god. She’s so beautiful. I can’t let her slip through my fingers. Not this time.

“It was nice to meet you William.” She looked at her watch. “Oh, I must go. Please forgive me.” She hurried on her way, leaving him behind. He thought that was the last time he’d ever see the beautiful goddess. He stood there for the longest time watching her run away.

The young man placed the card into his pocket, and went into the bookstore.

***
She turned the corner on Martin Ave. She leaned up against the building, sighed deeply.

“Oh. My. God,” She said out loud. “What a god! He was so beautiful. I hope we can meet up again.” She smiled, as a cab went by off to her left. “TAXI!” She yelled, running toward the cab. It stopped; she opened the door, and looked back at the book store, smiled and went on with her day.

***
The young man walked out of the bookstore, pleased with his purchase, and placed his receipt into the pocket inside his jacket; not realizing the business card fell onto the ground. He hailed a cab and he was gone.
***
Chapter 1 by Magan
Chapter 1-

The lock to the flat door swung open, and a young blonde man entered into the room very quickly. He slammed it shut, hurried over to his balcony, and opened the door.

He was a little late, but he got to see the sunrise.

It was so beautiful. It was every color of the rainbow. It reminded him of the beautiful woman he saw outside the bookshop in New York five years ago.

He thought about her often, but never really sought her out, even after he lost her business card.

Where are you my beautiful girl? My Angel...I could kick myself for not staying in New York. Why did I have to stay here in Paris? Why didn’t I ever go back? The play was over with. Why did I stay??? I know you’re probably with someone now, but I have to know, but I s’pose I’m afraid. Oh, I don’t know!

A knock came at the door, and it had brought him back out of his reverie.

Damn it.

“Who’s there?” He yelled.

“Spike, its Clem. Open up!”

Spike opened up the door, there stood a young man with long brown hair pulled back in a pony tail. Clem had dermatitis and it was really bad on his face. He was always scratching his face, which irritated Spike.

“Clem, what do you want? I was just about to go the bed!”

“Spike, you know you weren’t going to bed! You were thinking of her again!”

“Was not! I was watchin’ the sunset!”

“...And thinking about her. If you want her, go get her!” Clem grabbed the phone on the table nearby, and handed it to Spike. “Call her.”

“I...I...don’t have her number. I lost it. Besides, it was five years ago. She’s probably married or at least seeing someone.”

“That never stopped you before!” Clem quipped.

“Shut your trap!” Spike grabbed the phone away. He dialed the international operator. “Um, yes, I’d like the number for New York City’s information.” He waited to be connected with the operator. It seemed like forever waiting, but only five minutes have passed. “Yes, I’d like the number for Elizabeth Ann Summers, please.” As Spike was waiting, he began to get nervous. He couldn’t do it.

I’m too chicken. What would she think of me calling her after all this time? No. I can’t do it. NO I won’t!!

He looked at Clem. You can’t make me do it spread across his face.

Spike took the phone away from his ear, and was ready to hang up, when Clem grabbed the phone away. “Not so fast, Spike.” It was just in time too, the operator had the number ready. Clem quickly wrote the number down and turned the phone off. “You’re calling!! At least you owe her that much!” Spike grabbed the phone back from Clem and ushered him out the door. “Wait? Don’t you need this?” Spike tore the number out of Clem’s hand and slammed the door at him. “SPIKE! C’mon. You can’t do that to me. SPIKE!”

“Watch me!” He set the phone down on its cradle and walked back to his bedroom ignoring Clem yelling from the hallway.

Spike sat on his bed, looking at the number.

“I’m not going to call her.” He crumbled up the paper and threw it of into the corner or the room. Stripped and laid down, he was fast asleep, dreaming of his Angel. Dreaming of their first meeting. Their touch. The electricity each one sent to one another. Suddenly the dream changed to a French café, with a candlelight dinner for two.

“Spike, I love you. I wish it could always be like this!” Buffy kissed his cheek.

“I love you, too!” The dream changed again. This time the couple was back at his flat. Tearing each other’s close off, and piling them into a pool on the floor.

“Oh Spike!”

“My Angel!” As things began to heat up; he called out to her in his sleep with a moan, “Oh Elizabeth, My Angel.” Spike suddenly woke up and he sat at the edge of the bed, “Bloody hell that happens right at the exact same moment every time I have this freakin’ dream!” He got up, began pacing the floor, and he saw the rumpled up piece of piece. “No!” He lay back down once again, hoping to get some sleep. Hoping that his dream would play itself out. That wasn’t meant to be, he tossed and turned, but all he could think about was his Angel in arms, and making love to her. “Bugger this!” Spike could not take it any longer. He grabbed the phone on his nightstand, and dialed his assistant. “Hey, yeah, Alexia. Tis early, I know. Book me on the next available fight; I’m going back to New York. While you’re at it, make sure the loft is fully stocked with food, and ready for me to move in again.”

“IS there anything else? Would you like me to have your flat closed up as well?”

“Yeah, I’m not sure if or when I’ll be back!”

“Ok, will do. I’ll call you back in about 20 minutes with your reservations.”

“Thanks! Bye...” He was interrupted by Alexia, “Going to her, heh?”

Spike inhaled deeply. He didn’t know how she knew what he was thinking. “How did you know??”

“I know you very well, William.” She giggled and hung up the phone.

Spike shook his head and smiled. “Bloody hell, I can’t believe her.” He hung up the phone.

***
Twenty minutes passed, Alexia had called him with the reservation, “Your reservation is waiting at you for the Issy Les Moulineaux Airport. The flight will be 8 hours nonstop to New York’s JFK. Everything will be ready as soon as you fly in. I’ve also arranged for a limo to pick you up.”

“Thank you!”

“You’re welcome. I’ve also called cab for you, so it should be there waiting for you!!”

“I don’t know what I’d do if I didn’t have you!”

“You’d probably forget your own name.” She joked.

“Yeah, yeah!” He laughed as the cab driver honked the horn. “I gotta go. Cab’s here...bye!”

“Bye!”

Spike hung up, he was all packed and ready to go. He hurried out to the cab. He opened up the door, “Issy Les Moulineaux Airport, hurry.”

“Yes, Mr. Preston.” The taxi driver sped off while Spike was making him self comfortable.

The cab got caught in traffic, so he just made it to the airport with a few minutes to spare. Spike grabbed his bag, and climbed out of the cab. He went to the ticket holder, got his ticket, and got on the plane to head to New York.

***
Chapter 2 by Magan
***
Chapter 2

Buffy’s love life hadn’t quite been something to be overjoyed about. Angel, her first boyfriend was a total loser and things didn’t last long. He moved to LA because he needed space and didn’t care what she wanted. The second guy she was with, Parker was the next loser. He used her for sex, and dumped her when he didn’t need her anymore.

She always thought about the man she met in front of her bookstore, 5 years before. Buffy wondered why she never heard from him. She thought for sure she gave him her business card, but it had been a very long time. She never did try to find him. She believed that he was married or had a girlfriend. Or Spike forgot about her.

That night she dreamed of him, like every night before. It always went the same way; meeting outside the bookstore, a candlelight dinner at a French café, then back to his room, ready to make love, but before anything could happen, she’d wake up right as things heated up.

“Damn it!” Buffy sat up, frustrated. “I’ve got to figure out more about him. I can’t just wonder about him.”

Dawn had gotten up to go to the bathroom, when she heard her sister swear. She stopped by, stood in the door frame, and switched on the light. Buffy shielded her eyes from the bright light. “DAWN!”

“I heard you cussing, what’s wrong?” As if Dawn hadn’t any clue. She knew all to well that her sister was thinking about William Preston.

“Nothing,” Buffy said, blushing.

“Don’t lie to me,” Dawn giggled. “I know it was him. You’re always thinking or dreaming about him.”

“Am not!” Face growing even redder.

“MMMHMMM! Tell me another one.”

“Shut up, Dawn. Go to bed.” Buffy through a pillow at Dawn, who side-stepped it

“Hey! That’s not very nice!”

“Too bad!”

“Fine!” Dawn stormed off to her room.

“Fine!” Buffy went to sleep, dreaming of him once again.

***
The next morning, Dawn had already left for work. She worked as a reporter for the New York Times; she got the job after graduating from college

Willow and Xander had already gone downstairs the shop and opened it up. They had moved with Buffy and Dawn five years before. They helped Buffy acquire the book store from one Rupert Giles. Mr. Giles son, Marcus, had gotten into serious trouble back home, and Mr. Giles had to sell the business in order to bail the young man out. Afterwards he had to stay in England to keep his son out of trouble.

Buffy had begun to stir, she looked over at the clock, and it read 9:30am. She rolled out of bed, and headed for the bathroom to take a shower. Twenty minutes later, she returned cleaned, fresher, and ready to head down to work.

As a side job, she was an appraiser. The day she met Spike, she was on her way to another book shop to appraise an old journal, written on parchment paper. She had been excited about that, and that’s why she had rushed out the door that day. The day that changed her life. The day that brought her; her Blondie god.

Buffy walked down the backstairs into the stock room, and out into the front room. Willow was just finishing up with a customer when she had glanced over at Buffy and smiled. Buffy was wearing jeans, white a tee-shirt, with a black suit jacket and sandals. Her hair was pulled back in a bun. Willow was also wearing jeans and a red top. Her hair was left long and loose.

“Hey Buff,” Xander said, stocking the book-shelf as she entered the room. Xander was wearing some ridiculous outfit. Buffy never understood why he chooses to wear those clothes, they never matched anyway.

“Hi.” She greeted with a smile.

The young blonde customer left and Willow had been checking her out. She was wearing a nice floral dress with white sandals and her hair was pushed back in a pony tail Buffy just rolled her eyes with a smile. Willow noticed Buffy’s expression.

“What?” Willow asked as she feigned innocence.

“Oh nothing!”

“She was referring to the way you were checking out that girl,” Xander cut in.

“Oh, her?” Willow asked. “She’s been here few times...I think...I think he name is...is...is Tara.” As soon as Willow said the blonde girl’s name, she began to blush and she quickly looked away.

“Does someone have a crush?” Buffy asked, teasingly.

“Just a little,” Willow said, embarrassed.

Just then Dawn entered into the bookstore, with a large notebook sticking out of her bag. She was dressed in a black pant suit, with a long black suit jacket to match. Her hair was left down. She wore very little makeup, as she didn’t need a whole lot to make her look pretty, she was a natural beauty.

She had a big grin plastered on her face.

“Hey Dawn!” Willow greeted her from behind the counter.

“I’ve got a scoop for you,” Dawn proclaimed.

“What is it, Dawnie?” Buffy asked.

Dawn walked closer to Buffy and placed a hand on her sister’s shoulders. “I have been keeping a secret from you, Buffy.”

“What?” Buffy was shocked. All kinds of bad thoughts went through her head. She was scared to even name them, for fear one of them would be it. “What is it, Dawnie?”

“I’ve been tracking...I’ve been tracking William Preston for you all these years.”

“What the hell have you’ve been doing that for?” Buffy didn’t know what to feel. She wanted to be with him so badly, but she didn’t know where he was. Or if he was still alive. “Why?” She finally asked breaking the silence that was growing between her and her sister.

Willow thought that it was best that she and Xander leave the room so that they could have a little privacy. She came out from behind the counter and grabbed Xander’s arm, “Come on Xander, I think we should go in the back. We’ve got something too do back there.”

“What?? I don’t want to go. It’s just getting...” She pinched him hard on the arm. “Ow.” He gave her a dirty look. She gave him one of those looks that said if you don’t come with me, I’ll rip something vitally important from your body. He knew that look all to well, especially when Anya would give it to him, if he didn’t have lots of sex. “Ok. Ok. I’m going!” Willow and Xander left the room.

With her hands on her hips, Buffy asked her sister once again, “Why the hell did you go and do that for?”

“I was only doing it with your best interest in mind. I know you haven’t had luck in any of your relationships.”

“That’s my business. Not yours!”

“I know and I am really sorry. But I’ve got good news.” Dawn beamed excitedly. “Really good news.”

“I just can’t believe you did this behind my back for 5 years, Dawn. How could you? More importantly where did you get the money to start it?”

“It was easy. A lot of it I looked up on the internet, and when I got this job, it was even easier, especially when my editor handed me the assignment today to interview him.”

Buffy was taken aback. She hadn’t expected to see him again. She wasn’t really sure if she wanted to kill her sister or wrap her hands around her and hug her tightly. Buffy just stood there shocked.

“Well??” Dawn asked.

“I’m speechless.”

“First time for everything,” Dawn quipped.

“Wh...What...did you find out?” Buffy stuttered. She was dying to know if he was with anyone.

“A lot of things,” Dawn said removing the notebook from her bag. “Let’s go over to the table there, and discuss this a little more.”

“Oh yes.” Dawn and Buffy walked over to the table and sat down. Dawn opened up the notebook. The whole thing was filled with information on this man. A man that Buffy only met for a moment, but it meant a life time of changes for her. She was excited and dreading it all at the same time.

“We know that his name is William Andrew Preston. He was born August 25, 1975 in London, England. His parents are Andrew James Preston and Mary Ann O’Brian. She was born in Ireland and moved with her family to London... Andrew was born in tiny town outside of London, but it didn’t say exactly where. It must have been so small...William attended an all Boys’ School in London. He went on to The Arts Schools of London...He actually got kicked out of the acting program because they thought he wasn’t good...William left England shortly after that, and appeared in a few off Broadway plays, until he got his big break at 25. He was in Les Misérables. That was about the time that you and he met. After that, he moved to France, because a French theater lured him there for this huge play, that never made it, and he stayed...Met a woman named Drusilla Larson. He dumped her a few months later and she started stalking him. She was crazy, Buffy.” Dawn stopped and looked at Buffy for a moment as she was processing everything. “They had to put her in a mental institution. This traumatized him so much that he didn’t go out that much. His neighbor/friend, Clement Martin, basically dragged him out of his apartment from time to time.”

“Oh god, poor William...How are you going to interview him, if he’s in France?”

“I’m not going to interview him in France; he’s coming here to New York.”

“What?” Buffy stood up and her chair hit the bookshelf nearby. Xander and Willow stuck their heads out far enough to where they could hear what was happening.

“My source said that William looked you up, and is on his way here as we speak!”

“Oh god.” Buffy was freaking out, pacing back and forth. Not sure what she should do. “Oh god!”

Dawn was laughing. Willow and Xander were giggling.

“I have nothing to wear.” Buffy looked at her outfit. “My hair. I have to have something done to my hair. My nails. My nails need to be done! Oh my god, he’s coming here. He’s coming...to see me??”

“Yes, I think so Buffy,” Dawn said with a smile.

“How long do I have?”

“Uh,” Dawn looked down at her watch, “he left around 8:30am or 9:00am his time. It takes about 8 hours straight, to get to New York...So I’d say he’ll be here around 3 maybe 4.”

“I’ve got to go to go shopping. I’ve got to have my hair done.” She ran up the stairs, grabbed her bag and her keys, then ran out the door to her car. She hadn’t even seen that Xander and Willow were spying. They just giggled as they came out into the front room.

”Dawn, why didn’t you tell us?” Willow asked when she stopped giggling.

“I felt so bad for her. She wasn’t the luckiest in love. The last person dumped her. I wanted to keep an eye on William for her. I know how she feels about him. She’s in love with him. I suspect that he probably is in love with her. I wanted that to happen for her...For them. Can you blame me??”

“No, we can’t. We’ve wanted him to come back for some time. Don’t WE Xander?” Willow elbowed him in the stomach. “She deservers to be happy. Doesn’t she, Xander?”

“OH yeah, she deserves to be happy.” Xander added his two cents, but he didn’t think it was with this William Preston guy. There was something about him he didn’t trust. Maybe it was because he didn’t trust the taste in men that his best friend had shown.


***
Buffy stopped by every store in her price range, and she didn’t find anything that she liked. As she was driving, she drove past Bloomingdales, and she thought what the hell, why not spend a little money on a nice outfit, I deserve it.

She looked at all the racks, and loved everything that she pulled out, but they just weren’t the right one. Buffy decided she wanted something fun and comfortable. After looking for a long time, she came a crossed a white outfit. It was exactly what she was looking for, fun and comfortable. It was a military styled jacket and pants. The top had laced trim.

“This is it.” She held it front of her, looking in a mirror. “Now, all I need is to try it on.” She headed into the changing room, and within minutes she had the outfit on. She checked herself out in the mirror. “I like this. It’s very me. I hope he likes it.” The price was so high, but it didn’t matter, she wanted to look good. “Now something is missing...The shoes...A nice pair of sandals would look nice with it.” She dressed and hung the outfit back on its hanger, and continued on her way to the shoe department. She looked all over. She didn’t find anything, until a sales person came up to her.

“How may I help you, miss?”

“Um, yes, I’m looking for shoes that’ll go with this outfit.” Buffy showed her.

“I have just what you’re looking for.” Buffy followed the young woman to a white high heeled pair of shoes.

“I had something a little more comfortable in mind. Maybe a pair sandals.”

“Ok, I think we may have something.” She went into the back and brought out a new item a few minutes later. She opened the box to reveal a pair of tan thongs.

“That’s it. That’s exactly what I wanted.” Buffy sat down to remove her shoe. The salesperson put the sandal on her foot. Buffy rose to her feet and began walking around. It was the right fit and the right size. “I like these. They feel real good. I’ll take them.”

“Ok, then, will this be cash, check, or credit card?” The salesperson took the shoes and the outfit to the counter.

“Credit card.” Buffy followed.

The sales person rang the charges up. “377.00 even ma’am.” Buffy handed the Visa card to the lady, and watched as she swiped the card through.

Glad I paid that off last month. Willow is gonna kill me, but it was worth it.

The lady handed back the card and the receipt, Buffy signed it. The lady gave the receipts and the bags to Buffy, and she was on her way.

Next stop was her hair and nails. She stopped at Eva’s, her usual place. She had them touch up the color, trim and style her hair with soft curls. Eva personally worked on Buffy’s nails. She gave her a French manicure. Since Buffy was such a good and regular customer, Eva didn’t charge her full price, which made Buffy very happy.


Buffy looked at the clock, it was already getting close to one, and she hadn’t eaten anything. She had to eat something, and get back to the bookstore right away, in case he’d come. She didn’t want to think of missing him.

***
Buffy pulled up in front of the bookstore, grabbed her bags, and went inside. It had been kinda quiet. Dawn had gone back to work shortly after Buffy left. Willow had been reading a book when she saw Buffy whiz on by. Xander came out of the storeroom.

”Was that Buffy that whizzed on by?” Xander asked, jokingly.

“Apparently so.” Willow giggled.

A little while later, Buffy had come back downstairs in her new outfit, and walked out into the front room.

“How do I look?” She twirled for her friends.

“Buffy, you look beautiful!” Xander stated, as he looked her over.

“Hot!” Willow said matter-of-factly.

Buffy blushed. “Thanks guys. I really liked this outfit, plus it cost me a fortune.”

“Hey, I thought we agree, no designer outfits for a while,” Willow gripped.

“Sorry, I couldn’t resist.” Buffy replied. “At least I got a deal on my hair and nails.” She smiled.

Before Willow could say another word, Xander cut in, “Well, I don’t know about you.” He put an arm around Buffy. “...but the Buffster looks great. She’ll knock him out!”

“Hope so!” Buffy said meekly. God, I hope so!

***
Chapter 3 by Magan
Chapter 3-

Spike fell asleep as soon as the plane left the airport. He was exhausted. He began dreaming about his angel once again. Same dream as before, but this time, he got a little closer to making love to her. He unknowingly began to stroke himself and a little moan escaped his mouth, all the while he was sitting in first class. The flight attendant had gone over to Spike, tapped him on the shoulder lightly, and just about the time he slide into Buffy, he was awaken by, “Sir, please keep it down.”

“Huh? What?” He asked half asleep and dazed.

“Sir, please, would you kindly stop what you’re doing.” Spike looked down, as his erection bulging. “Oh!” He quickly realized. “I’m so sorry.”

“It’s quite alright,” She blushed. “Please be careful next time.”

“S’pose I shouldn’t be doing that in a public place.” He chuckled, with embarrassment.

“Would you like anything?” She asked, changing the subject.

“A spot of tea would be nice and possibly a sandwich if ya have it.”

“I’ll be right back sir.” She walked away with a smile plastered on her face. She returned with a tray and his tea. She’d brought him chicken, salad, and a vegetable.

“I only asked for a sandwich, but thank you.”

“You’re welcome Mr. Preston.” She smiled and walked away.

As Spike was eating, he began to wonder what their meeting would be like. He hadn’t seen her in five years, and hoped that she was a beautiful as that day. He wondered if she’d remember him, or even care to remember him. And when he was finished, he began to think of the song ‘Everything’ by Lifehouse.

/ /you're all I want, you're all I need
you're everything, everything//

The words he thought of over and over again. That was exactly what he wanted to tell her. The way he felt about her all the time. He just hoped he could say it.

The flight attendant took the tray away when he was finished. Soon the plane was at JFK landing. He was nervous, but it was well worth it. He departed the plane when it was time; he picked up his luggage, and headed out to the car that had been waiting for him. The driver was going to take him back to his place, but he told him to go to the Summers’ Bookstore on 3rd avenue.

Before Spike knew it, the driver had pulled up in front of the bookstore. He hesitated a few minutes and then got out of the car.

“Stay here.”

“Yes, sir.”

Spike opened the door to the car, and stepped out as a brunette young lady opened the door to the bookstore. She looked familiar to him, but figured she had one of those faces. He shut the car door and entered into the bookstore. Spike looked around. It hadn’t changed at all since the last time he was there.

No Buffy yet.

The girl that he saw walk in was behind the counter and he overheard them speaking.

“I thought maybe he’d show up here, so I left work early to see what would happen.” Dawn told Willow.

“I’m excited for her. I can’t wait to see what Spike looks like after all these years.”

Well, well, the chits are talking about me.
He stepped up to the counter. “I’m here to see Ms. Summers. Is she available?”

Dawn recognized him right away. She started elbowing Willow. “Dawn, stop, what is it—“

“It’s him,” She whispered. “It’s William.”

Willow sat straight up. “Oh...OH!” She quickly realized.

Spike chuckled and asked, “Is she here?”

Xander recognized that voice; he stepped out and said sarcastically, “Oh, it’s Mr. Preston.”

“Xander,” Willow chided him.

“I’ll get Buffy.” He walked away.

“What’s up with the whelp? Jealous much?”

“No. No. He’s just worried about Buffy. That’s all. She’s been in some bad relationships recently, and he just wants to make sure you’re not going to hurt her.” Dawn replied. “That’s all!”

“I’m not gonna hurt her. I’m not like those guys.” He said sincerely.

“I know, but he’s just like our big brother.” Willow said. “He’s got a big heart. He just wants to make sure we’re all gonna be happy.”
***
Xander knocked on Buffy’s office door.

“Yeah?” She answered.

“Can I come in?”

“Sure.” Xander opened the door and sat down and sighed deeply.

“What is it?? Anya, Cordelia, or Fred?”

“No, they’re fine, and I’m not dating Cordelia or Fred anymore. I dumped them a few weeks ago. I’m in love with Anya anyway.” He beamed with happiness.

“Well good. When ya gonna pop the ole question?” Buffy jokingly asked.

“Oh, I dunno know...Hey, when did this become about me?”

Buffy gave Xander a questioning look. “Was it supposed to be about me?”

“Yes, he’s...he’s...here!” Xander finally said not so enthused.

“HE’S WHAT?” Buffy kicked the chair out from behind her, as she rose to her feet. “I’m not ready. No. I’m not ready. Tell him to go away.” Buffy began to freak out, pacing back and forth. Xander couldn’t help but laugh at his friend.

“Buffy, I’m sure he’s tired. He’s had a long trip. Just go out there, say hi, or whatever, kick him out preferably.”

“Xander!”

“What?”

She walked out to the hallway. Checked herself over to make sure she looked good, and proceeded out into the front room. Xander followed.

There he was, beautiful as ever. She took a few deep sighs before walking towards him.

“HI!” She says entering the front room.

“Hi, yourself, beautiful!”

Buffy couldn’t help but blush. She couldn’t bear to look into his eyes right then. She knew she’d be mush looking into his blue eyes. She looked everywhere else, before he tilted her chin up, to look into her eyes.

“Hi!” Buffy looked into his blue eyes, felling like mush. Oh my god. He looks so good. Oh, I wish we weren’t so far apart. It was hard on me. I had bad relationships. I kept comparing them to you, my dream guy. My Angel. My Blonde god. I finally have you here, and I don’t want to let you go. Not ever!! I love you!

“Hi!” He smiles as he holds her hands, looking into her eyes.
She looks even better than I had always imagined. She looks just as good in white as she does in all black. I finally have you in within my grasp, and I don’t ever want to let you go. My Angel. You don’t know what I went through not having you in my life. I don’t want to let you go, not ever! I love you!

No words where needed. Everything that they wanted to say, they said it with their eyes. Just then a young brown haired man, wearing a flashy suit, walked into the bookstore, oblivious to the couple in the center of the room. They were also oblivious to the flashy man walking by them.

“Hello ladies...Have I got a story to tell you!” He says gesturing with his hands.

“LORNE!” Willow gritted her teeth.

“Huh? What? What did I do?” He asked confused, walking over to Willow, Dawn and Xander. “What’d I do?” He whispered.

“Look.” Willow pointed.

“Oh,” He whispered as he looked over at Buffy and Spike. “It’s the guy...aww!”

“YES, now shush you!” Dawn chided as she pointed at Lorne like a teacher telling her student to behave.

“Yes ma’am!” He said as they watched on.

A few moments had passed and Spike began to get the feeling they were being watched. He looked around the room at the whisperers. Buffy never once took her eyes off of him. Spike, then turned back at Buffy. “I think we’ve got an audience. Whatddya say we go some where a little more private?”

“Where do you have in mind?” She asked with a raised eye brow. Not once looking over at the peeping toms.

“How about my place?”

“Sounds good to me!” They turned and left the store, not once looking back. The door closed behind them.

Xander left the front room, obviously pissed at Spike. It wasn’t that he was jealous, he just didn’t trust him. He knew guys like that, guys that are only after one thing, sex. Buffy already had that with Parker, and he didn’t want to see her go through that again. Dawn was ecstatic. She was so happy that her sister finally got to be with the man that she had so much longed for. Willow was just as happy! It even gave her the courage to call Tara, and ask her out, but before she could do that, Lorne jumped right into his story. “So, anyway, I was working today, and this couple came into have a reading done on them, and it turned out that the girl was actually guy.”

“What? The boyfriend didn’t even know that his girlfriend was a guy?” Dawn asked incredulously.

“Well, apparently not!” He chuckled.

“So what happened?” Willow prodded him to continue.

“When I was doing the reading, I stopped. I hesitated at saying anything. The boyfriend asked me what the problem was. I didn’t know if I should make something up, but the girl looked at me, and read me like book. She knew what it was. As I was ready to break it to him, gently of course, she put her hand up to stop me.”

“And?” Dawn said, impatiently.

“And, she took off her wig...and...and,” He started laughing, “She took of her clothes to reveal herself.”

“Oh my god!” Willow whispered.

“Tell me about it. The boyfriend looked to me, very shocked...As he got up, he kicked the chair. It went flying out the window. Glass shattered all over the place.”

“Wow, what a day Lorne!” Dawn exclaimed.

“You don’t know the half of it...The boyfriend looked back at his girl-boyfriend, and said, ‘How can you do this to me? We were going to get married. I loved you, but don’t expect me to turn gay for you!’ Then she said, ‘I’m getting the surgery done in a few weeks. Please don’t leave me. You’re everything to me. You’re all I want. You’re all I need. Please, you’re everything to me.’”

“Then what happened?” Dawn asked curiously.

“He kissed him.” Lorne said matter-of-factly.

“Aww that’s a sweet story,” Willow gushed.

“Yeah, I guess true love seems to be in the air.” Lorne agreed.

“Hey, I thought you said this happened today? Why didn’t I see the glass when I came in?” Dawn wondered.

“It did. It happened this morning. I’ve been busy all day long. The glass repairers came with new glass and the lettering was added this afternoon.” Lorne stated.

“How did you get it to happen so fast?” Willow asked.

“Honey”, He drawled. “I know people that know people that know people!” He smiled as he looked down at his watch. “Oh, boy, I had better get back.” He started for the door and turned before going out the door. “Dinner. Tonight. My. Place. I won’t take no for an answer.” He walked out of the door before the girls could even answer.

“He always does that.” Dawn grimaced.

“Yeah, that’s Lorne for you.” Willow joked.
***
Chapter 4 by Magan
Chapter 4-
A car pulled up in front of a large building, out stepped Spike and then Buffy. They walked inside hand in hand. Spike lifted the old elevator’s door up, Buffy stepped in a little hesitantly, and she stepped in and then relaxed a little. He pushed the button to go up. It jumped a few times, scaring Buffy. She latched on to Spike’s arm.

“S’ ok, baby.” He laced his fingers with hers.
Buffy smiled up at him. She just began to relax once again, when the elevator stopped with sudden jerk. She held tightly onto Spikes arm, chucking. Spike and Buffy crossed the hall to his door. He unlocked it, and the door swung open. It was big. She’d never been in one before. Still holding on to Spike, they continued on their way inside. It was very bright and loosely furnished. He began giving her a tour.

“Off to the right here is the bathroom.” He opened the door, turned on the light, and showed her.

“Nice.” The toilet was right, sink was against the wall on the left, and a shower stall was straight ahead. A very large window brightened up the room with a shelf underneath it that held towels, hand towels, soap and shampoo.
He directed her back the hall to another room. It was sparsely furnished. “...And this is a guest room as you can see.” The bed was against the back wall, a dresser was off the left, a couple of nightstands on either side of the bed, and a chair off in the corner with a side table.

“This could use a feminine touch,” She quipped.

“Yeah?”

“Yeah.”

He took her back out into the main hall, and showed her the kitchen next. There weren’t any cabinets, just bread carts: the dishes, cups, pots, pans, and silverware, and another was filled with boxed and canned food. The back wall was a breakfast nook. Across from that was the sink that overlooked the rest of the loft, and a refrigerator on the left.

“I like it!” She looked back at him.

“So do I. I wish I would have stayed.” He leaned down and nuzzled her neck.

“Me too!” She started to giggle. “Shall we continue?”

“How about my bedroom?” He asked, seductively. “It’s just down the hall there.” He pointed straight ahead.

“Why Mr. Preston,” She arched her brow. Their hands intertwined with each other, and he led her to his bedroom. It too was sparsely furnished, with a bed and a chair in the other corner.

“...And here’s the bed.” A Cheshire grin formed on his lips.

“Spike!” She looked around embarrassed.

“S’ that little too forward for ya?”

She walked over to the bed and sat down. “Not...at...all.” She smiled seductively. Spike knelt down in front of her, slid the jacket off her arms and threw it on the floor. Next, he slid off her thong sandals, and set them aside.

“Beautiful.” He smiled, and kissed her gently on the lips, moving down to her neck. She moaned in delight. Spike moved back up to her mouth, kissed her until they couldn’t breathe anymore, and removed her top; revealing her breasts. He suckled on the left one and she moaned once again. He then moved to the other one.

“Spike, please!” She begged.

“In due time, love.”

Buffy frowned and stuck out her lower lip to pout. Spike stared at the lip for the longest time, till he couldn’t take it anymore, he kissed her once again, as he removed her pants and her panties. She hadn’t even noticed that he removed her panties. He had dropped them on the floor, and looked her over.

“Simply beautiful!” He smiled as he quickly toed his boots off; practically ripped off his pants, stumbling a little. Buffy giggled.

“Think that’s funny?” He crawled up on the bed, and hovered over her.

Buffy smiled once again and giggled.

“Are you ready?”

“Oh...I...am...so...ready...I’ve...waited...way...to...long.” She said in between kisses.

“I love you!” It feels so right, being here with you.

“Love...you...too,” She says in between kisses. This is so right. I never want to leave his arms. This is where I always want to be. This was meant to be, she thought as he slid into her. “Oh, William!”
***
A few hours later, Buffy awoke in Spike’s arms. Buffy quickly realized she had been smiling. It had been a long time since she’d been truly happy. She never wanted to leave this place. Spike shifted a little, and she leaned back into him, feeling his erection growing. She smiled. She could go all night if needed.

“Whatcha thinkin, pet?” He smiled, she reminded him of vanilla.

“How long you been awake?”

“Not long. I’ve been watching you sleep.”

“Aww, that’s sweet.” She kissed his hand, which was wrapped around her. “I’m glad that you came back. I don’t know what I’d done without you in my life.” She turned towards him.

“Me too, love, me too,” He kissed her forehead. “I was miserable. I always thought about you at sunset. It just reminded me how beautiful you really are. I went from girl to girl and they never really measured up to you. The last girl I was with, she was just a menace. She went out of her way to make my life a living hell. She had to be placed in a mental institution. I didn’t go out much after that. My friend Clem, he’s the one that deserves the credit for me being here now.”

“I’d like to meet this Clem and tell him thank you!”

“This is where I always want to be.” He kissed her gently.
***
A car pulled up in front of the bookstore, Xander and Willow stepped out near the black Lexus, Dawn stayed behind.

“I’m gonna be at Connor’s...Don’t wait up for me.” She rolled the window up and Dawn and Connor sped away. Xander and Willow walked over to the door that would lead them to their apartment.

“I...I just don’t understand Dawn sometimes.” Xander stuttered.

“Xander, she’s young and in love.”

“I don’t like it.”

Willow giggled as she turned the knob on the door. Once Xander was inside, she closed the door behind her. She waited for Xander to walk up the stairs, but he was to busy complaining how Dawn was young and she doesn’t see what guys were capable of.

Why should he complain? He’s got a girlfriend that’s in love with him, and he loves her. He’s had other girlfriends, but they never worked out for him. They just weren’t for him. Oh I wish that I could find someone that loved me as much as Anya loved him...And as much as William loved Buffy.

“Xander, I’d like to get upstairs at some point,” Willow joked.

“Oh.” He quickly shut up and climbed the stairs to their apartment and she followed. Once in front of the door, she unlocked it, and the roommates walked inside. To the right and down the hall were the kitchen and the living room. To the left down the hall was the bathroom and bedrooms. Xander quickly went into the kitchen.

Willow went to her bedroom. She heard Xander open the cabinet doors. “Why are you eating again?” She yelled sticking her head out into the hall. “We were just at Lorne’s. He made a big dinner. I’m stuffed.”

“I know, but I was in the mood for something, now I can’t figure out what it is.” He walked out of the kitchen and into the living room. Plopped down on the sofa, grabbed the remote, and turned on the TV.

Willow sat on her bed and she noticed the light was blinking on her answering machine. She pushed the play button. “Will, Oz here. Not gonna make it after all. Gig in Texas. Call ya later. Love ya.”
She’d known Oz as long as she’s known Xander and Buffy. They all went to school together and in high school Oz and Willow were a couple, but as soon as Willow went on to college, she’d met a girl in one of her clubs, and quickly developed feelings for one another.

This was hard on Willow the most. She had two wonderful people that she was deeply in love with, but she chose Laura. Oz was crushed and moved away. He’d come back from time to time, but things weren’t the same. Eventually he left completely.

Laura was killed by a former classmate of Willow, Buffy, Oz, and Xander’s. Warren had been obsessed with Laura. He’d reminded her so much of his ex girlfriend Harmony, who he had been murdered the previous night.

Willow was so broken; her family admitted her to a mental institution right away. She stayed there up until a few months before they all moved to New York. Willow hadn’t been in a relationship since then. She’d been interested in many women, but hadn’t been ready until Tara came into the bookstore. Willow wanted to ask her out, but feared Tara may not want to date a woman. She felt that she was cheating on Laura somehow by moving on. A tear fell from her face. It all came back to her, thinking about Laura.
Xander yelled from the other room, “Hey Will, your fav movie is on right now!” He didn’t hear anything from her, so he got up and headed to the end of the hallway where her room was. He peeked his head into her room. “Willow, didn’t you hear me? I said your...” She turned her head, and he saw her tear stained face, and quickly went to her side. “Willow what’s wrong?” He put his arms around her.

“Laura. I...I...was...thinking...about...her” She said between sobs.

“Oh I’m sorry. Why were you thinking about her?”

“Oz called me. He was going to come see me after all these years, but then he had a gig and couldn’t make it. I was finally ready to see him. Then when I heard the message, I...I...I just lost it. I started to think about how Warren took her away from me. Then I thought about Harmony and how she was murdered the night before.”

“Don’t be thinking about that bastard. He got what he rightly deserved.” Warren had been caught by the cops, and the next morning had died mysteriously. To this day, no one had figured out what happened.

“I...I...I know.” Willow had been holding back from Xander, but he knew her all to well.

“Are you afraid that you’ll be cheating on Laura, if you ask Tara out?”

She looked up at him. “How did you know?”

“I’ve known you all my life and we’ve lived with each other for the last five years.”

“I’m scared she’ll say no. I don’t think I can handle the rejection.”

“You’ve come a long way. I think you’ll be ok...And I’ll be here!”

“Thank you Xander!”

Xander looked over at the clock, it read 8 o’clock. “It’s still early. You can always call her.”

“I...don’t know her number.”

“That’s what the 411 is for.” Xander picked up the phone. “Here.”

Willow wiped her tears away and took the phone, took a deep breath, and dialed 411. Xander listened to her ask for the number. He watched as she wrote down the number, and she hung up the phone.

“Now call her.”

She dialed the number and it rang a few times before a women’s voice answered. Xander got up left the room, and shut the door behind him. Willow hadn’t even noticed.

“Hello!”

“Tara. Tara McClay?”

“Yes, this is she. What can I help you with?”

“This is Willow Rosenberg from the Summer’s’ Bookstore.”

“Oh yes. I know who you are.”

“I hope that you don’t take this the wrong way,” Willow closed her eyes, “but would you like to go out some time?”

“On...on...a...d...date?” Tara asked, stuttering.

“Yes, a date.”

“I...I... don’t...know.”

“I’m sorry that I asked. I’m gonna go.” Willow began to hang up the phone.

“Wait!” Tara yelled.

Willow quickly placed the receiver back up to her ear. “Yeah?”

“I’m sorry. I just wasn’t prepared for this, y’ know.”

“If you aren’t...that way...I understand.”

“It’s not that.”

“What is it then?” Willow began to get frustrated.

“You took me by surprize the first time I met you. I wasn’t sure that you felt the same way.”

Willow pushed her long red hair away from her face. “You did?” Willow was excited.

“Yes!” Tara felt more confident. “I’m a little new at this. Where would you like to meet?”

“Anywhere you want to!”

“How about my place??”

“Sounds good. When and what time?”

“How about now?”

“Ok!” I am ready for this. I am ready for this, Willow told herself, as Tara gave her the directions to her house. “I’ll be there in a little bit.” They hung up the phone. “She said YES!” Willow bounced around.

Xander had been scanning the ban on the TV, not interesting in Willow’s favorite move at that particular time, when he heard Willow’s scream from down the hall. He quickly got up and went to her door. “Willow,” he rapped lightly on her door. “Is everything ok?” He opened it, and Willow had a big smile on her face.

“She said yes!”

“Will, that’s great!”

“Do you think she’d be ok with it?”

“Oh yeah definitely.”

“Really?” Willow sounded hopeful.

He stepped closer to his friend, “Really. She’d be proud of you. I am proud of you!”

“You really are?”

Xander wrapped his arms around Willow and hugged her tightly. He whispered into her ear, “I am so proud of you, now get going or you’ll never do this!”

She stepped back with a smile on her face. “Thank you. I love you!” She hurried out the door without bothering to get ready. She felt more comfortable as she was. Xander was left alone and he decided to call Anya to come over.
He sat down on the couch with the cordless phone and dialed her number.

“Hey, Anya!”

“Hi!”

“Wanna come over?”

“Sex is gonna be involved right? Giving me many, many orgasms...” Anya was blunt.

“Anya.”

“Xander!”

“Just come over!”

She hung up the phone, grabbed her keys, and bolted out of her apartment. She ran down the hallway to the elevator. She pushed the button, as she waited for the elevator to stop at her floor, the 5th floor.

“Come on. Come on. Can’t miss Sex with Xander now.” She mutter under her breath as the door the open, a little old lady stood on the other side, waiting for the doors to open. Anya barreled in almost knocking the little lady over.

“Well!” She scoffed. “People...today.” She said leaving the elevator.

Anya bit back the thought that was running in her head. She didn’t have time to be having it out with the little old lady. She pushed the close elevator door button a few times until the doors close. Then she pressed the parking garage button. The elevator opened to the garage, and she hurried to her car. Unlocked it, quickly get inside, and drove away.
***
Chapter 5 by Magan
Chapter 5-
After another round of love making, Buffy and Spike were resting. She realized that she hadn’t eaten in a long time and wonder if he was also as hungry as she was. “Are you awake?”

“Yes, pet.”

“I’m starving.”

“Yeah, I’m famished.”

“Let’s see what you have,” Buffy lifted his arm, grabbed the sheet, wrapped it around her, and went into the kitchen. Spike quickly got up, searched for his cell phone. A few minutes later he found it and dialed his assistant’s number.

“Hey yeah, need you to go to go to Tiffany’s. Pick me out an engagement ring.” He whispered.

“Why are you whispering?”

“Because I don’t want her to hear me, that’s why!”

“Ok, ok. What kind would you like?”

“You know me, just pick something out.”

“What size?”

“I don’t know. About your size I guess.”

“I need more of an idea William.”

“Just get something plain but yet beautiful. Nothing fancy.”

“The store is closed it’s almost 8pm.”

“Get them to open it. I’ll pay a little more for the ring if they’ll
open the store for you.”

“Ok, got it boss.” She quickly hung up. He tossed the phone aside.

Buffy had begun looking in the cupboards, but didn’t see anything. She looked into the fridge.
“Ah ha, strawberries and it looks like chocolate. Mmmmm.” Buffy took the strawberries and chocolate out. Cleaned them off and put the chocolate and strawberries into a bowl. “Do you have a tray?” She yelled to him.

“Yeah, it’s in the pantry.”

“Ok, thanks.” Buffy went to the pantry and grabbed the tray. On her way back to the kitchen, she noticed a little fridge by the sink. She opened it up, and there was Champagne in it. She grabbed a bottle, closed the door, and looked around for the glasses, but she didn’t see any wine glasses. “These will have to do.” She picked up juice glasses and proceeded to put everything on the tray, and headed back into the bedroom.

“Oooh, what do we have here?” Spike sat up in bed.

“Strawberries and chocolate.”

“My favorites.” Buffy sat the tray down as she sat down on
the bed. Spiked poured the Champagne into the glasses. She dipped a strawberry in the chocolate, took a bite.

“I want to taste.” She leaned into kiss him and when the kiss was broken, he began chewing.

“MMMM, that’s good!”

"Mmmmhmmm.” Buffy agreed with a smile as Spike took a drink. He got serious for a moment and Buffy got worried. “What’s wrong?” She couldn’t help but think that this was the one and only night that they would ever have. She didn’t want it to end. Please don’t let this end. Please don’t, she thought. He moved the tray out of the way, and sat closer to her. He didn’t want this to be the end. He knew that they could have so much more. “Honey, what is it?” She wondered.

“I want it to be this way, always. I want...I want...Bloody hell, I can’t even say what I want...”

“What?” Buffy could tell that he was scared. “William, please tell me what it is. You’re scaring me.”

“It’s not my intention, love.” He kissed softly on the lips. “I want this to be this way all the time. I want you in my life. I can’t leave you again. You’re all I want. You’re all that I need. I can’t lose you. I won’t lose ya again.”

“You’re never gonna lose me. I love you!”

“I love you.” Spike so desperately wanted to ask her something that would change their lives forever. He didn’t know if he could ask her that just yet. This was their first day, well second day of being together. He wanted to make sure that this was right. It felt right, and he loved her. “Good, you’re everything to me.” He got enough nerve and asked her anyway. He was hoping that there would be a yes, instead of a no. He looked away shyly, “Will you do me the honor of marrying me?”

She stood on her feet. “Did you just propose to me?” The
excitement was boiling over. Her whole body was tingling. She wanted to say yes. She wanted this from the first day.
He looked at her square in the eyes. “S’ that a problem, love?”
“No. NO. NO!” Buffy jumped on the bed, wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him all over his face.

“S’ that a no?” He joked.

“No...I mean yes...no...Yes...yes, I’ll marry you!” she was excitedly kissing his face. Spike rolled Buffy on her back and he ripped the sheet away from her. It landed on the floor in a pool. He began kissing her.

He slowly slid into her, and she moaned. “Oooooooooooh Spike! I love you!”

“Love you too, baby!”
****
Willow had arrived in front of an old Victorian brownstone apartment. She pushed the pushed the doorbell to Tara’s apartment.

“Hello!”

“It’s me Willow.”

“Hi Willow.” Tara buzzed Willow in. She walked inside, waited until Tara met her at the bottom of the stairs. The two women climbed the steps to the top floor. Tara opened the door and allowed Willow to walk through.

It was small studio apartment. Straight a head was the living room/bedroom, off to the right was a small kitchen and down the little hall was a bathroom. Willow quickly noticed the window seat in the front. “This is nice.”

“I know it’s not much, but its home.” She smiled. “Come in...Sit down.” Willow sat on the sofa. She was fidgety and very nervous. Tara could tell that she was nervous. She sat down next to Willow. “You don’t need to be nervous around me.”

“I know. It’s just...It’s just...I haven’t...been d...dating in the last few y...years.” Willow finally said as she remembered to breath.

“I was just making some tea for myself, when you arrived. Would you like some?”

“Sure, thanks.”

Tara went to the kitchen and soon she returned with two cups of tea. She set them down on the coffee table and sat down. It was awkward for the two young women. They just sat there sipping their tea.
***
Xander had been waiting for Anya to arrive. Suddenly he heard a knock at the door. The person was anxious to get in and he chuckled at that. “Must be my girl...I’m coming Anya.”

“You better hurry. We’re missing SEX!”
He opened the door and she jumped into his arms, kissing him. “Whoa, whoa, Anya, can’t we try some romance? Ya know foreplay?”

“Nope, I need SEX now!” She kissed him hard, while Xander protested.

“Anya. Anya.”

“What?” Anya kissed him softly, with passion. Xander couldn’t resist. He carried down the hall, and kicked the door open, slamming it shut with his foot. He laid her on the bed, still kissing her.
***
“So,” Tara began as she broke the ice. “Why don’t you tell me a little about yourself?” She sat back on the sofa. Willow looked at Tara shyly. She smiled.

“I lived in California up until 5 years ago. My friends and I moved here to and bought the bookstore from Rupert Giles. That’s about it.” Willow didn’t know if she should tell her about the time she spent in the institution or the reason why she was there.

“I’ve lived here all my life...What would you like to do?”

“What do you want to do?”

“We could watch TV, play a board game, or we could just sit and talk.” Willow leaned over and kissed her. At first Tara resisted, but finally she kissed Willow back. Their arms snaked around their necks, bringing each other even closer.
***
Connor got up to answer his phone. It was their editor. They needed to get the story in as soon as possible, or they wouldn’t have any jobs. He hung up the phone and went back to wherever Dawn was.

“Honey, we’ve got a problem.”

“What is it?”

“That was Don, and he said we’ve got to get everything in as soon as possible.”

“Damn, that means by tomorrow morning.”

“You need to call Buffy.”

“I can’t call Buffy. I don’t even know where she is.”
Connor handed her the phone. Dawn reluctantly dialed Buffy’s cell phone, hoping that she took it with her, where ever she may have gone. The phone rang and rang, but Buffy’s voice mail came on.

“Hi, you’ve reached Elizabeth Anne Summers, and I can not answer your call at this time. Leave your name and number, and I’ll return your call shortly. Thank you!”
It beeped a few times and Dawn left her message. “Dawn here, Buffy, we’ve got a serious problem. Don, my editor, wants the story tomorrow morning. So when you get this we’ve got to meet somewhere ASAP. I could probably get started with what I have and the rest will have to come from William. We’ll have to have pictures too. Call me please. I wish I knew where you were. Call me! I’m at Connor’s. His number is 555-3432. Bye.” She hung up the phone. “I don’t know when she’ll return my call. I could probably start it, and we could ask a few questions and take pictures of him.”

“What happens if your sister doesn’t want you to interview him?”

“I don’t know!”
The phone rang again. Connor picked it up. It was Don again and Connor rolled his eyes. Dawn knew exactly who it was, “What does he want?” She whispered.
He whispered and shrugged his shoulders, “I don’t know!” Don finished and Connor hung up once again. “Don doesn’t want a story about his childhood. He wants something on the last five years.”

“As far as I know, he didn’t do much of anything. The last girlfriend messed him up; she landed in a mental institution. The he came back into New York for my sister. There’s not much there.”

“Ah, but you’re missing the big picture...He came back for love. That’s your story.” He winked.
“You’re right.” Dawn said, smiling.

“Well, let’s go. Maybe she’s back home.” They dressed, hurried out to the car and drove back to the bookstore. Twenty minutes later, they pulled up, went to the door, Dawn unlocked it, and they hurried up the stairs. She unlocked her door.

“Buffy? She called out. She looked in all the rooms, but her sister wasn’t there. “Xander and Willow.” Dawn grabbed her key and went across he wall, unlocked the door. “Xander...Willow?” It was quiet. She turned to go down the hall, and she heard moaning coming from Xander’s room. She thought that maybe it was Xander and Willow, until he moaned “Oh Anya.” Dawn giggled, knocked on the door. “Xander, sorry to bother you and Anya, but have you seen my sister?” Xander stopped in mid pump and Anya giggled.

“No...Um no, I haven’t. Sorry. Look, Dawn, we’re a little busy, could you please leave us alone for awhile.”

“Sure, sorry!” She walked out the apartment laughing. Connor couldn’t figure out what she was laughing at. “Oh, nothing just caught Xander and Anya in bed together. Nothing big.” She laughed as she closed the door.

“I heard that,” Anya called out. Connor laughed with Dawn. She decided to try her sister cell again, hoping that she’d answer and pulled out her cell. Dialed the number, and waited for it to ring.
***
“Spike, I’ve got to get that.”

“No, baby, ignore it.”

She pushed his arm away playfully, grabbed her bag, and then pulled out the cell. “Hello!” The door bell rang, and Spike quickly got up to answer it. He hurried back a few minutes later.

“Who was that?” Buffy asked of Spike

“Nothing important, love.” He slid back into bed, and Buffy proceed to talk the person in the phone.

“Finally!”

“Dawn?”

“Yes, I’ve got to talk to your boyfriend right away.”

“What for?”

“I’ve got to get my article in tomorrow morning. I need to interview the both of you right now.”

”Dawn, look, I don’t think that...”

“Look, if you don’t do it, I’ll get fired. Connor too!”

Buffy looked over at Spike. “She wants to interview us, is it something that you want to do?”

“Both of us?”

“Yes.”

“What’s it about?”

“Dawn, what would your article be mostly about?”

“You.” She held the phone away from her ear, half expecting Buffy to yell at her.

“Me? Why?” When Buffy didn’t yell, Dawn brought the phone back to her ear.

“Because he came back for you. Because he loves you.”

“I don’t know. I value my privacy, and I’m pretty sure he does to. I’ll call you back.” She quickly hung up.

“Spike, do you want to do this interview?”

“What would happen if we don’t do the interview?”

“They’d lose their jobs.”

“We can’t let that happen, pet. Call the nibblet back and tell her to come over here.”

Buffy dialed up her sister again. Dawn answered, “We’ll do it.”

“Cool, where ya at?”

“Spike’s loft. It’s on Spencer Ave off of 10th street.”

“Oh, ok, that’s near Connor’s. We’ll be over there in about 10 minutes.”

“Make that 20 minutes.” She smiled back at Spike.

“Ok, see you then.” They both hung up at the same time.

“This means we’ll have to take a shower,” Spike said, mischievously.

“Oh yes.” Spike slid out of bed, as Buffy was on her way to the bathroom, but he stopped her, and pulled her back on the bed.

“Spike, wh-what are you doing?”

He had hid something in the nightstand and pulled it out. It was a little blue box. Buffy instantly knew where it came from. “Tiffany’s?” She asked, smiling.

“Yes.”

“What is this?” She grabbed the box like a little kid giggling.

“It’s something I thought you needed.” She ripped open the package and opened the box. There was another box inside.

A ring box, she thought. “A ring box?”

“Yes, love. Open it.”

She opened it. “Oh, Spike, it’s beautiful.”

“It is, if I do say so myself.” Mental note thank the assistant.
He chuckled inwardly.

“Put it on, please.” Spike took the box and placed the ring on her finger. What do you know, he thought, it fits. Buffy held up her finger to her face.

“Beautiful!” She kissed him. “Thank you. I love you!”

“I love you to, pet.” The couple went into the bathroom. The bathroom was nice. There was a claw tub over to the right and across from that a double sink. Straight a head was a shower stall and the toilet. He walked over to the shower, turned it on, stepped in, and pulled her in with him. The shower was fairly big. It even had a seat in it, plus there were three shower heads.

“Ooh, now this is a shower.” Spike began nuzzling her neck. “Spike, now, now, we’ve got to be ready when my sister comes over. If we’re not, it’ll be very embarrassing.” He didn’t care, he kept nuzzling her neck.

Fifteen minutes later, they returned from their shower refreshed, and still very horny. They quickly dressed, and were ready for Dawn to show up. A buzz came from the door, and Spike let her in. Soon Dawn was at the door knocking. Spike opened the door, and Dawn was with Connor, who had his camera equipment. The couples all congregated into the living room while Connor took out his digital camera, and began taking pictures. Dawn grabbed her notebook full of questions that she was working on before they rushed over there.

“Ok, so, let’s get started here,” Dawn began. “William...” She was interrupted by Spike.

“Please call me Spike.”

“Ok, Spike, Buffy, what was it like when you first met each other?”

“For me,” Spike started as he remembered their first meeting, “it was magical. Time stopped for me literally. It was me and her...I thought that she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. I didn’t want our time to end.” Buffy blushed and swatted at him playfully. He kissed her on the cheek.

“It was the same way with me. He completely swept me off my feet. Time was a standstill. He was most beautiful man I had ever seen. Those blue eyes. Those cheek bones. I liked the whole package.” She grinned, looking up and down.
“Love at first sight.” Dawn said writing everything down. “What happened to you after that Spike?”

“Well, she gave me her card, and me, I was stupid not to give her my phone number. Otherwise, we’d already been together.” He snickered. “Anyway, we went our separate ways. I got a call from this prestigious playhouse in France, and I had to take it. I thought that I would return shortly there after, but I was enchanted with the place. Got me a flat and stayed there for the five years. Met a woman, turned out to be insane. She was nothing but trouble. I didn’t go out much, unless my neighbor Clem dragged me out. I had to return before the sunrise. It reminded me of you, Buffy.” He turned to look at her with the most sincere eyes. Buffy could help but caress his face.

“What about you Buffy?”

“You know what I did. I had a few boyfriends. They never worked out. I pushed myself to work, work, and more work. When did I ever go out on my own?”

“Did you think of him?”

“Yes, all the time.” She looked into his eyes. “I think I really did fall in love with him that day in front of the bookstore.”

“What about you Spike?”

“Oh yes, I did. She was on my mind 24/7.”

“Did you fall in love with her that day in front of the bookstore?”

“Yes, I did. She’s my whole world, even right now and I don’t ever want to lose that. She’s my heart and soul.”

“Oh, so romantic.” Dawn implied as she was looking over at Connor, still snapping pictures.

“What was it like seeing each other after all these years? What was the first thing that ran through your minds?”

“I wanted to be with her more than anything.”

“Me to!”

Dawn happened to look up and notice the ring on Buffy’s finger. “Um, is that what I think it is?”

“If you’re referring to this?” Buffy lifted up her hand and showed her sister her ring. “Yes, he asked me right before you called.”

“Aww. This is so cool. You guys are meant to be together. When’s the date?”

“It not for awhile lil’nibblet. We’ve got a lot of time to get to know each other.”

“Well, I think that I have everything thing we need.” Dawn stated.

“One more shot,” Connor told them. He stood in front of the new couple. Spike put his arms around Buffy and held her tightly. They both looked at each other and smiled. “That’s the perfect shot. The one we’ll use with the article.” He snapped the photo and he put everything away. Dawn packed up as well.

“I think it’s time we leave the couple alone.”

“You’re right.” Connor said looking back at Spike and Buffy, who were kissing. He and Dawn tiptoed out of the apartment.

“Bye!” She said closing the door.
***
The next morning Dawn had her assignment in early and by the evening paper, it was front page news. The headline read local celebrity finds his first love again after 5 years. The picture under the headline was the shot of them holding each other kissing.
***
Epilogue by Magan
Epilogue-
One year later

It was a breezy summer day in Central Park, a small ceremony for three couples. The women all wore summer white dresses and their hair was swept up in a beautiful French twist. The men were dressed in jeans, a tee-shirt and suit jacket. It was something simple for a small wedding. The only guests there were family.

“Are we ready to start?” The priest asks the couples.

“Yes, Father Jones,” Spike held on to Buffy’s hand, as did Xander with Anya, and Willow with Tara.

“Since there’s no one here to object, I’ll just get started,” He turned to his right where Willow and Tara were standing. “Do you Willow take Tara as your life partner through sickness and in health? Till death do you part?”

“Yes I do.” Willow smiled and kissed Tara’s had.

“Do you Tara take Willow as your life partner through sickness and in health? Till death do you part?”

“Yes, I do!” Tara squeezed Willow’s hand.

“Then I pronounce you as life partners.” The priest says as he makes the cross sign in the air. “You may now kiss each other.” Connor was in the background snapping pictures as Willow and Tara kissed and embraced each other tightly. The priest moved on Spike and Buffy and Xander and Tara.

“Do you Alexander...” The priest was interrupted.

“Hey, it’s Xander!” Xander pointed out.

The priest rolled his eyes and started over again, “Do you Xander and William, take Anyanka and Elizabeth to be your wives? To have and to hold from this forward. Through sickness and in health. Till death do you part?”

“I do.” The couples said in unison.

“Then I pronounce you, by the state of New York, Man and wife...You may kiss your brides.” Xander and Anya kissed but Spike dipped Buffy and gave her a deep passionate kiss, which had the whole group laughing.

Connor was snapping pictures, “Now that’s a picture to remember.” He chuckled as Spike brought Buffy back to her feet. They looked around a little embarrassed and giggled.

“So, Mr. and Mrs. Preston, and Mr. and Mrs. Harris what prêt ell will you be doing?” Dawn asked curiously.

“We’re going to Paris.” Spike informed them. Buffy was surprized. He had kept it to himself all that time.

“Spike, why didn’t you tell me?” Buffy wondered, looking into his sparkling blue eyes.

“I wanted it to be a surprize, love. And the rest will stay a surprize.” He grinned.

“I can’t wait!” She kissed him.

Xander and Anya waited for Spike and Buffy to finish. “Well, we’re not going anywhere fancy, like Spike and Buffy, but we’ll probably just go somewhere for a weekend.”

“And a weekend it’ll be. Lot’s of sex and spending lots of money!” Anya said bluntly. “Xander could go all night.”
Father Jones cleared his throat. Xander looked at her sternly. “How many times to do I have to tell you, no sex talk in front of other people?”

Before Anya could respond, Dawn looked to Willow and Tara, who seemed to be in their own little world. Dawn cleared her throat.

“Huh, what?” Willow asked confused.

“Would you two rather be alone, red?” Spike asked, grinning.

“Spike,” Buffy playfully swatted her new husband.

“What were you talking about,” Willow asked still not realizing what was going on.

“What will you be doing on your honeymoon?” Dawn asked as Connor was still taking pictures.

“This and That,” Tara responded with a big grin.

A man with black suit walked up that looked like a chauffer interrupted, “Sir, your limo is waiting for you.” He spoke directly to Spike.

“Ah yes, thank you Dobson.” Spike said. “We’ll we’re off.” He laced his fingers with Buffy’s and pulled her along. She turned around waved.

“Bye.”

“Bye!” Everyone said in unison.

“Well,” Xander interrupted. “We must be going as well. We’ve got a horse and buggy waiting for us.” He noticed as it pulled up nearby. “...And it cost money.”

“Aww Xander, that’s...that’s...so...beautiful.” Anya said speechless, for the first time.

“First time for everything,” Dawn quipped.

“Shush you!” Anya said.

Xander grabbed for Anya’s hand and rushed her over to the buggy. Once they got in, they waved good bye. Willow and Tara said their goodbyes and went their separate ways as well. Father Jones took that as his cue to leave and he left. Dawn suddenly realized that things would never be the same again. Connor noticed Dawn’s sudden sadness.

“Hon, what’s the matter?” He placed an arm around her and she leaned into him, tears starting to flow.

“I’m sorry. I’m really happy for them, but my little family is going their separate ways. It’s not going to be the same again.”

“Dawn,” He said as he brought her face level with his. “It’s not going to be the same. They are married. Soon they’ll have families of their own, but you’re still very much apart of their family.” Dawn weakly smiled. “Soon, we’ll probably have a family of our own.” She blinked a few times, not really sure what he was getting at. He stepped back and kneeled down on one leg. “Will you do me the honor of marrying me?”
Oh my god, I can’t believe he’s asked me. Oh my god. “Get it up.” She smiled, and he rose to his feet. “Yes, I’ll marry you.” She snaked her arms around his neck and the couple kissed. ...The End
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=540