Going Nowhere Fast by tahmoe
Summary: William "Spike" Jones is a petty car thief and hustler who loves living life but most of all he loves Buffy, a girl he met in Las Vegas. Spike needs to get out of the country for a while and wants to take a reluctant Buffy with him to Mexico. In a course of one week, both their lives take dramatic turns. This story is based loosely on the movie "Breathless" only darker.
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Action, Angst
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 20938 Read: 8971 Published: 12/06/2004 Updated: 12/27/2004

1. Bye, Bye Las Vegas by tahmoe

2. An Unexpected Guest by tahmoe

3. Strange Love by tahmoe

4. Dirty Money by tahmoe

5. Now or Never by tahmoe

6. Running Out of Time by tahmoe

7. Knocking On Heaven's Door by tahmoe

Bye, Bye Las Vegas by tahmoe
A/N: As mentioned in the summary, this story idea came from the movie Breathless, one of my favorite movies. If you've seen the movie, you may recognize some of the dialogue including some dialogue from the Buffyverse. I hope you enjoy it so please review. I need it.

A/N: For the sake of this story, Sunnydale is an hour outside Los Angeles.

Monday

William "Spike" Jones endured the painful needle as it etched its intent into his skin. He watched in silence as the tattoo artist created the work of art on his chest above his right nipple. The artist followed Spike's design right down to the last letter of the woman's name. Spike had spent his last fifty bucks having the permanent reminder done.

"You're crazy man. I can't believe you're getting the name of a chick you just met tattooed on your chest." The man with the bad acne scared face said, paging through an outdated magazine.

"I'm in love mate and she loves me too." Spike replied.

"How do you know?"

"I saw it in her eyes when we first met."

"That love at first sight stuff is a lot of bullshit...invented by some desperate ugly chick who took up stalking on some poor guy who wouldn't give her the time of day."

"How do you know some desperate guy didn't make it up?"

"Because men don't fall in love so easily that's a woman's thing."

"All come on Clem...let me ask you a question."

"What?"

"Have you ever been in love?"

"You already know the answer to that."

"Yeah right I forgot about that chick name Dawn."

"I wasn't in love with her and you know it...so my answer is no I've never been in love."

"I'm just fucking with you mate...I know...you see there...I rest my case."

"I'm just trying to get you to see that what you're doing is crazy. You spend four days with a hot chick and now suddenly you're in love. What do you even know about her?"

"I know she's beautiful. She lives in some place called Sunnydale. She's an Art History major at USC and I got her address and phone number."

"How did you get all that...I thought you told me she left you in the middle of the night without even saying goodbye."

"She did. I got the important information from the cute little clerk at the front desk of the hotel she stayed in. Clem my boy we're going to Sunnydale."

"You charming motherfucker. You know we have to get out of the country for a while at least until things cool down. We agreed no stops until we get to Mexico."

"I know but I'm taking her with us. We have to go through California anyway to pick up the money from that job we did. Besides, Sunnydale is only an hour away from Los Angeles."

"You're crazy...do you know that?"

"That's what I keep hearing but crazy in love is more like it."

"All done check it out," said the tattooed artist sporting the long ZZ Top beard.

Spike looked into the mirror and smiled. The tattoo was a perfect shaped heart in red with the letters B-U-F-F-Y heavily outlined in black and a pair of dice displaying snake eyes.

"That will be sixty bucks."

"Sixty you said fifty an hour ago. Spike replied, annoyed he'd just been hustled out of ten bucks.

"Well that was before you told me it was personalized."

Spike looked at Clem.

"Loan me ten bucks, mate. You can take it out of my share of the money."

"Wow that leaves me with $50,010." Clem whispered low into Spike's ear.

Both men laughed and walked out of the tattoo parlor. Before getting in on the passenger side of Spike' car, Clem stopped to inspect it. The black broken down Desoto's age was beginning to show.

"There is no way this hunk of junk is going to make it all the way to Mexico. We gotta get some new wheels man. Something that will get us to California in a hurry then my man Xander can hook us up with another ride that will take us all the way to Mexico."

"What are you talking about...this classic beauty has never let me down. There is no way I'm getting rid of this baby but you're right we do need some new wheels. I'll park her at my buddy's place until we get back from Mexico."

"How long do you think we'll be down there?"

"I don't know I've never seen the future." Spike replied, shrugging his shoulders.

Spike parked his black Desoto in the driveway of his buddy, Angel's place.

"So where are you heading?" Angel asked.

Not thinking ahead, Clem shouted.

"California"

Spike turned to face Clem, blazing his eyes at him. It wasn't a good idea to reveal where they were going to anyone in case something went down. However, Spike couldn't be mad at his friend. Clem was a little slow.

"What's in California?"

Clem was about to speak again but Spike nudged him into silence.

"We're going to visit a sick relative's of Clem."

Angel looked at Spike, picking up on the fact that he was asking too many questions.

"I see"

Removing the tension from the air, Spike asked Angel to drop them off on the Vegas strip.

"Hey, thanks mate. We really appreciate it. I owe you one."

"You owe me two but whose counting...just take care of yourself man." Angel replied, shaking Spike's hand with concern in his eyes.

Spike jumped out the black convertible with ease and laughed when Clem tried to do the same but falling to the sidewalk instead. Spike helped him up, smiling at his best friend with nothing but love in his heart for him.
Clem was like a brother. They met in foster home when they were both ten years old and products of abusive homes. Instantly they became best friends running away from the foster home when they were only thirteen years old. They figured the streets had more to offer them than the foster home that treated them badly. They survived by stealing and hustling rather than turning tricks to eat like most of the other kids their age. The remainder of their teenage years was spent in and out of detention homes. In their early twenty's they graduated to county jails until they got smart enough to stay out. Spike was twenty-six years old, vowing never to return.

Jail was a horrible place especially for a guy like him. He was blessed with good looks and charm, which worked great with the ladies, but in jail it was the kiss of death. He often had to fight off several men at once to prevent them from raping him. He was successful in every fight. Quickly earning a reputation as a guy no one wanted to piss off in a dark alley. His buddy Clem wasn't so lucky. A week before they both were to be released from their last stint in jail, Clem was raped. Spike always regretted not being there to protect him like he always did. Not soon after leaving jail, the friends resumed their life of stealing cars and petty crime. They were naturals at it. Often recruited by others higher up the crime food chain to do special jobs so they didn't get their hands dirty. The last job Spike and Clem did was for a wealthy man by the name of Rupert Giles nicknamed The Ripper. The job required the best friends to steal a fleet of luxury cars to be sold over seas. The job was a success, netting them fifty thousand dollars each but there was a catch. They had to pick up the money in Los Angeles.

The two best friends strolled up the strip with only one thing on their minds, stealing a car.

"What about this one?" Clem asked, pointing to a black Porsche in the parking lot of a fancy restaurant.

"Perfect" Spike replied.

Clem was the look out man while Spike pulled out his homemade doorjacker he had hidden in his leather coat. The device was guaranteed to open any car he wanted. Quickly he gained access, hot-wiring the car and pulling out of the parking space. He signaled for Clem to get inside. He placed their duffle bags inside the car getting into the passenger's seat. The buddies eased out of the parking lot and onto the freeway. It was 235 miles from Las Vegas to Los Angeles. The plan was to pick up the money then head to Sunnydale to retrieve Spike's unsuspecting ladylove, Buffy.

"Come on man, push it. Let's see what this baby can do."

"I was just thinking the same thing but first I need to hear it man."

"No, not that damn song again."

"Hey I thought you liked that song."

"I use to until you started wearing it out."

"Tell you what you let me listen to it and I promise to never play it in your presence ever again...deal."

"Deal"

"What's so special about this song anyway?"

"It's a testimony to our friendship. If it weren't for you, I would have killed myself in that God forsaken foster home. You saved my life and I'll never want to forget it."

"Man stop you're going to make me cry. I love you too...now pick up the speed." Clem replied, wiping a way a tear in secret.

Clem looked over at his best friend, convinced he caught Spike tearing up.

"Is that a tear I see in your eye?"

"I don't cry."

"You are so lieing right now." Clem replied.

"Okay that one time was different. It was sad when they shoot old yellow. I loved that dog."

Spike talked about death often to Clem's dismay. The two lived on the edge a long time, always jumping off. Their lives were submerged in risk and danger but they loved the rush and not living by society's rules. They lived in the present. They lived for the moment and never planned for the future. Spike never wanted to get married, never wanted children, and he never had a steady girlfriend. Every woman he'd met wanted to tie him down except Buffy. She wanted nothing from him. He liked that. He'd never met anyone so naïve and innocent yet tough as nails. She was just 18 years old but was more mature than women his age. He cherished their four days together like they were a lifetime. Spike smiled while the thought of seeing her again caused his heart to skip a beat. He was getting excited, impatiently beating on the steering wheel.

"Hey mate what's the hold up play my song."

Clem reached into Spike's duffel bag and retrieved the beat up Creed CD. He inserted it skipping to the number five song and turned up the volume. Spike shifted the gears to increase the speed.

Please come now I think I'm falling
I'm holding on to all I think is safe
It seems I found the road to nowhere
And I'm trying to escape
I yelled back when I heard thunder
But I'm down to one last breath
And with it let me say
Let me say

Hold me now
I'm six feet from the edge and I'm thinking
That maybe six feet
Ain't so far down

I'm looking down now that it's over
Reflecting on all of my mistakes
I thought I found the road to somewhere
Somewhere in His grace
I cried out heaven save me
But I'm down to one last breath
And with it let me say
Let me say

Hold me now
I'm six feet from the edge and I'm thinking
That maybe six feet
Ain't so far down

Sad eyes follow me
But I still believe there's something left for me
So please come stay with me
Cause I still believe there's something left from you and me
For you and me
For you and me

Hold me now
I'm six feet from the edge and I'm thinking
That maybe six feet
Ain't so far down

"Man that was beautiful," Clem said, laughing.

"Hey don't joke me, mate. I love that song.

"I'm just kidding." Clem replied, knowing every time he heard the song it touched him. Spike was the most important person in his life. He tried to shake off the emotions.

"Enough of this morbid and emotional shit, lets see what this baby can do. I got the need for speed."

Spike looked over at his friend, laughing. He was always quoting that line from the movie "Top Gun" that's why he never let Clem drive.

"Hey make yourself useful." Spike said, pointing to the glove compartment.

Clem opened it, jerking back when a gun came tumbling out. He picked it up and examined it. Spike had taken his eyes off the rode briefly to look back and forth over at his best friend. Spike saw the look in his eyes. It was clear Clem was fascinated with his discovery. Spike hated guns. They were bad luck and unlike most of their criminal minded friends, he was glad he and Clem never had to use one.

"Hey man, get rid of it."

"No, we might need it." Clem replied.

"For what."

"What if this Rupert guy doesn't give us our money?"

"Then we take it...it's what we're good at"

"Well this will insure it."

"That's not a good idea, mate. I told you guns are bad omens."

"There you go again with that." Clem replied, waving the gun carelessly.

"If you want get rid of it...I will.

Spike reached for the gun but Clem pulled away.

"Hey man, don't that. This thing might go off."

"You didn't check to make sure the safety was on first."

"Safety?"

"Yeah...didn't you know that?"

Clem searched for the safety on the gun but it was too dark inside the car. Not paying attention to what he was doing, he placed the gun in between his thighs with the barrel facing up. He reached up to turn of the interior light. When he tried to pick up the gun, his thumb touched the trigger and he shot himself in the head.

Blood splattered all over the passenger seat and the side and back windows even on Spike causing him to lose control of the car. He swerved off the rode trying to regain control and too afraid to look over at his friend. While his eyes focused on the rode, he chanted in his head he's not dead. His heart beat loudly in his chest, filtering through his ears and drowning out the music as he continued to play long after his song had finished.

He pulled to the side of the rode and finally looked over at his dead friend. Spike pulled him into his lap and cried for the second time in his life, rocking his Clem in his arms. He closed his eyes, trying to make sense of what just happened. Only one thing made sense, guns were bad luck. He looked down at his friend shedding one last tear watching it drop onto Clem's blooded face. Spike lowered his head and whispered ashes to ashes and dust to dust in his ear. He raised his head and looked into the rear view mirroring, seeing the approaching state trooper's car creeping up behind the stolen vehicle.

Spike panicked, grabbing the gun and trying to decide what to do next. The trooper shouted for Spike to step out of the car with his hands up. Spike followed his instructions, concealing the gun. Still panicking, he ran pulling the gun out and throwing it as far as he could. The trooper chased after him, shooting. Spike stopped then held his hands up again. Reason entered his mind, he didn't want to die like his friend in the dessert but he didn't want to go back to jail either. He turned around to face the officer watching him point the gun at him. The trooper walked behind Spike in an attempt to handcuff him. Spike spun around, grabbing the gun. They struggled falling to the ground. The gun accidentally fired. Both men stilled until Spike wiggled his way from beneath the dieing man, kicking up dirt and staring in shock. Nervously he looked around, summing the strength to keep it together. He moved back over to the trooper, turning him over onto his back. Spike checked his pulse relieved the trooper was still alive but unconscious. Spike removed his jacket, placing it under the trooper's head then ran back to car. He pulled Clem's lifeless body from the vehicle, placing it on the side of the road. He'd taken all the cash from his wallet knowing he would need it and covered Clem's face with a shirt from his duffel bag. He ran over to the state trooper's car and radioed in officer down. He jumped back into the stolen Porsche and sped off, leaving tire tracks in the asphalt.

A/N: For those of you still interested in how this story plays out, please review.
An Unexpected Guest by tahmoe
A/N: For the sake of this story, Sunnydale is an hour away from Los Angeles

A/N: Some of the dialogue used is from the "Seeing Red" episode.

Tuesday

Spike walked into a gas station convenience store, asking the clerk for the key to the restroom. The older white-haired gentlemen looked at him strangely. Spike guessed it had something to do with him wearing a leather coat in such hot weather. He'd worn the coat to hide his bloodstained clothes. The clerk had given him the key, eyeing all the way out the door. Spike washed the remnants of Clem's blood off his hands and face. He discarded his blooded clothes, shoving them deep into the trashcan. He stuffed his black leather trench back into his duffel bag, lit a fag and walked out the door. The clerk continued to eye him nervously after Spike returned the key. Using his smile and charm, he'd put the old man at ease.

He ditched the Porsche at the gas station and hitched hiked to Buffy's place. He never had a problem getting rides often being told by the people who picked him out he had a safe face. Whatever that meant he thought. He checked the mailboxes outside Buffy's apartment complex. She lived on the first floor close to the entryway. Spike was exhausted and relieved he didn't have to search for it. Last night was still fresh in his mind. He could hear the gunshot that took his friend's life still ringing his ears. He tried to push the thoughts away, needing rest and a break from his tortured mind. There was no time to mourn his friend's death. Right now he had to focus on the objectives, get the money, get the girl and get the hell out of California.

Spike knocked on her door several times but no one answered. He pulled out his trusted tools and unlocked the front door. He toured her apartment looking through her things. It was a bad habit of his but that was the life of a thief, always looking for something to steal. He looked through her mail and her kitchen cabinets, finding a box of frosted flakes. He grabbed a bowl and some milk, eating the entire box. Spike thought it was the best thing he'd ever tasted. Leaving the bowl and the milk container on the counter, Spike used her bathroom then made his way to Buffy's bedroom. He looked through her closet knocking several items of clothing to the floor and not bothering to pick them up. He searched her dresser drawers, finding the strip of pictures they'd taken in a photo booth while on the Vegas strip. Instead of placing them back inside her drawer, Spike placed the photos on her mirror. He walked over to the double bed, sniffing her sheets and pillow, thinking to himself. If there were a contest for knowing your lover's scent, he would win hands down. Buffy had a distinct scent he thought. She smelled like lust and innocence. Spike knew he was definitely in the right place. He collapsed on her bed with his clothes and shoes still on. He placed her pillow over his head and fell asleep.

Buffy stood at her front door fumbling in her purse for her house keys. She placed the key in the lock, and then realized the door was open. She tried to remember if she had locked before she left. She'd been in a hurry, trying to catch the first early morning bus to school. She opened the door, hoping to see what little possessions she had were still there. A faint scent of cigarette smoke filled her nostrils and immediately Buffy sensed something was wrong. She grabbed her baseball bat from underneath the couch, scanning her tiny apartment. She noticed several pieces of her mail were sprawled out on her table and the floor. She walked around, searching all the areas where someone could possibly hide. Buffy opened her coat closet prepared to strike but no one was there. She walked into her kitchen, noticing an empty box of frosted flakes, a bowl and an opened carton of milk left on the counter. She knew she didn't leave those items there because there was no time for breakfast. She walked down the very short hallway to her bathroom, noticing the toilet seat was up. Gripping the bat tighter, she held it up then snatched opened the shower curtain; relieved no one was there. Finally she stepped into her bedroom, stopping at the doorway. There was someone sleeping in her bed. Buffy was thinking a homeless person had broken into her apartment. She nudged the sleeping form with her bat. When the body shifted, she jumped back tightening her hands around it and fully prepared to use it. She wanted to wound the son of a bitch for breaking into her apartment before she called the police. Buffy raised the bat over her head. She stopped in mid strike when the sleeping form shifted again, emerging from under the covers. That was the moment she caught a glimpse of platinum blonde hair staring her in the face.

"Oh no what the hell are you doing here?" Buffy shouted, waking Spike.

Spike's head shot up from the bed then fell back down. He opened his eyes to see Buffy staring daggers at him. He laughed, lifting his head.

"Hello, cutie you miss me."

Buffy had a feeling the wild time she spent in Las Vegas while on Spring Break was coming back to haunt her.

"Spike what, how...how did you know where I lived?"

He ignored the question.

"Aren't you glad to see me, pet?"

"No, I'm not and you didn't answer my question. What are you doing here? Are you mad at me for leaving you without saying goodbye? Did I hurt your feelings?"

"Never mind that, pet. I'm here on business...not planning to stay long. I'm going to Mexico and I want you to come with me."

"What? Are you crazy? I can't go to Mexico with you."

"Why not, pet? It will be like a vacation. A break from the world."

"I've had my vacation and might I add part of it was spent with you but that was it."

"It doesn't have to be." Spike said, walking over to Buffy on his knees while still on the bed. He tried to kiss her, but she pulled away.

"No Spike this is my life. I have responsibilities. You can't just burst into my life and say hey let's go to Mexico. I had fun with you in Vegas but that's over now."

"But I love you."

"What, you love me. You're crazy. We've spent four days together. I don't call that love. I call it a fling."

"You love me, I know it." Spike said, climbing off the bed, walking towards Buffy. He reached through her hair and grabbed the back of her neck.

Buffy was unable to respond. Spike's eyes held her captive.

"I felt it. I felt it when I first met you. I felt it when I was inside you."

Spike closed his eyes and brushed his lips against hers.

Buffy pulled her head to the side, avoiding his lips but still feeling the shivers he was creating run through her. Spike was on the top of her list of weaknesses. She decided to spend her Spring Break vacation with a week in Las Vegas. On her fourth day there, she met him in a casino. She gathered around him along with the crowds of people intrigued by his winning streak. She made her way up the front, standing beside him. When their eyes met, he rolled snake eyes and lost $10,000 and watched how he shrugged it off like it wasn't a big deal. At that moment, she realized she was intrigued more by the fact that his loss didn't faze him rather then him winning.

Buffy walked away but Spike grabbed her by the arm and wouldn't let go. He introduced himself and talked a mile a minute truly mesmerizing her. She liked him immediately. He was so full of life and energy she was becoming drunk off it, spending her last fours days in Vegas with him. She liked his eyes, his accent and the way he looked at her. He showed her around Las Vegas never leaving her side. There time together was an experience she would never forget and would never write home about. Things did get pretty wild when she was with him. He helped her fulfill a fantasy of hers, convincing her to enter an amateur strip contest. She won second place and $500.00. Spike had taught her how to count cards at the black jack table. She wasn't twenty-one so she couldn't gamble but Spike fixed that. He took her to a photo booth where she'd taken a few photos of herself and some of them they took together. A friend of his used one of her photos and affixed to a fake ID. Buffy was a fast learner, cheating the casino out of $5,000. They blew their entire winnings on drinking, eating and more gambling. Buffy was having the time of her life with Spike. He wasn't the typical Vegas flashy type except for the wild platinum-blonde spiky hair. He was handsome, charming, self-assured, confident, street smart and a survivor but he was also arrogant, cocky, immature and reckless with a hint of danger. He was the perfect bad boy and when she was with him she felt like a bad girl.

Spike had the gift of gab, convincing one of the hotel managers to upgrade her room to a luxury suite where they'd spent hours in bed, fucking like rabbits. They had sex every surface imaginable. Spike was a very passionate sexual person and it consumed her. On her last night there, she had to sneak out of her hotel room in the middle of the night or she would have never left. She had to admit she did feel something for him but she didn't think it was love. She down played her feelings as adrenaline rushes from all the excitement and the hot sex.

"It wasn't love. I would have to trust you in order to love you."

Spike began circling her like a predator eyeing his prey.

"Trust is for old marrieds Buffy. Great love is wild, passionate and dangerous. It burns and consumes until."

"Until there's nothing left. Love like that doesn't last." Buffy replied finishing Spike's speech.

"I know you feel like I do." Spike said, coming up behind her to, whispering more words into her ear.

"You'll see."

"You scare me Spike." Buffy replied, watching Spike walked out her bedroom but still feeling his presence taking hold of her.

"Don't be scared pet, it's only love. I'll be back soon." Spike said, walking out the front door.

"Don't come back," Buffy shouted.

Spike made a phone call to Clem's friend Xander. He needed a car and preferably a fast one. He checked the local paper for anything regarding what happened last night but he was more interesting in knowing if the state trooper survived. Spike didn't have to look far, the state trooper's picture was on the front page along with information about another body found at the scene. Clem's name was withheld and the article mentioned the assailant was probably headed for Los Angeles. Since he was in Sunnydale, Spike thought being there would buy him some time. He hitched hiked to Xander's place, arriving in front of white small modest one story house complete with a white picket fence. The house reminded Spike of the home he grew up in but hopefully without the horror inside. He knocked on the front door and was greeted by an attractive brunette.

"You must be Spike. Clem has told us so much about you. Hey isn't he suppose to be with you. Oh by the way I'm Anya. Come with me...Xander is in the back."

Anya talked fast. Spike didn't have time to think of an answer about Clem. He was already being led to the backyard. Anya was rushing him and Spike was beginning to feel uncomfortable. In the backyard was a man standing with his back facing the house. Spike noticed a huge can of lighter fluid, a shovel and box of shotgun shells beside the man. He approached with caution.

"You Xander?" Spike asked.

"Yeah that's me." The dark-haired man said, turning around holding a shoot gun. He aimed it at Spike.


"Christ mate. Spike shouted feeling like it was all about the end right there.

"What happened to Clem?"

"I see you know."

"Of course I know asshole I read the papers and it's on the news. Now I want to hear your version or I'll blow your fucking head off and bury you in my back yard after I set your ass on fire."

Spike backed away, holding his hands up in defense.

"It didn't go down like you might think"

"The papers and the news say the unknown suspect shot the unidentified man over a dispute and that trooper was a joy killing."

"So the trooper isn't dead." Spike said. He was relieved.

"Fuck that pig. He probably had it coming. I want to know what happened with Clem."

"Clem shot himself. It was an accident. We stole a Porsche and Clem found a gun in the glove compartment. I told him to get rid it but he wouldn't listen. You know Clem...thick skulled. The next thing I knew he was dead." Spike said, tearing up.

Xander lowered the shotgun.

"The dumb ass didn't check the safety...did he?"

"How you'd guess?"

"Come on man you know Clem. Thinking wasn't one of his strong suits but he was one hell of a friend."

Spike didn't respond, thinking Xander was right. Clem was one hell of friend. His heart was heavy and his throat burned while he tried to hold back the tears that threatened to fall from his eyes. He missed his best friend but he had to be strong.

"Come on lets go inside. You hungry. I can get Anya to make us some sandwiches."

"Thanks mate but no thanks but I could use a phone and some wheels."

"I got you covered. You need to get out of town fast. The cops are going to be gunning for you. Cops are relentless when you kill their own. It would want take them long to connect you with Clem."

"I can't leave just yet, mate."

"Are you kidding? Why are staying?"

" I got some business to take care of then there's my girl."

"Yeah right the money. Clem told me you guys did some job, earning you some serious dough but a chick man you're asking for trouble."

"I know but there's something about her. Its in her eyes." Spike replied smiling while an image of Buffy's face appeared in his head.

"More like in your cock" Xander responded, slapping Spike on the back.

The two men laughed as they walked into the house. Spike made his phone call to Rupert Giles. His housekeeper informed Spike the wealthy businessman was out of town until Thursday and to call back.

Spike slammed the phone down, thinking Clem was right. Maybe Rupert Giles was trying to hustle them out of their share but leaving Sunnydale without the money and Buffy wasn't an option. He tried to remain calm while he followed Xander out the front door.

"Something wrong?" Xander asked.

"Nothing I can't handle. I need another favor. Do you have a gun you can give me?"

"Now you're talking. Come with me."

The two men walked over to a locked shed. Xander pulled out a trunk that housed several guns with the serial numbers filed off.

"Take your pick."

Spike picked up a glock semi-automatic.

"Nice choice. This baby has a comfortable grip and fits well in the waist. It's not too heavy and there are no bodies on it. This baby is clean as a whistle...one of my favorites. It's yours."

Spike was thinking maybe it was a good idea after all to have the gun just as insurance. He wasn't planning on using it, thinking Rupert Giles was still on the up and up.

"Thanks mate" Spike said, tucking the gun into his waist.

Xander pulled back a blue car cover to reveal a red convertible.

"Here you go. Now this baby will get to Mexico and you can have the wind blowing in hair on your way down there. The plates are good and I even got you some excellent fake registration to go along with it. I used one of your aliases to get my buddy to do the paperwork. Here's his number in case you need anything else. His name is Dalton. Tell him Xander sent you that way he knows everything is cool. Bye the way he doesn't work for free but he's the best guy when it comes to this stuff."

Spike placed the number into his pocket while he looked over the registration reading William Reynolds. He chuckled. It was excellent work.

"Say man why don't you stay the night. We can have a few drinks, eat and shot the shit...talk about Clem. I have an extra room you can stay in."

Spike really wanted to get back to Buffy but he figured she needed to calm down. He decided to take Clem up on his offer.

"Okay...why not...hope you got bourbon."

A/N: I know some of you may be wondering why this story is labeled NC-17 and no smut has happened, yet. I promise you it will soon. I hope you like the story so far. Please review.
Strange Love by tahmoe
Wednesday

Buffy decided for her date she was going to wear her sexy black dress. It was short and very low cut also a gift from Spike. He'd purchased it for her on her last night in Vegas. The dress was the most expensive item of clothing she owned and she loved it. She almost decided against wearing it, thinking maybe the dress was too much for her date. Parker had been the guy she was seeing for three months before she left for a trip to Vegas. Since her return, she'd been distant towards him but he was very patient with her. Buffy decided tonight was going to be the night they would sleep together for the first time. She liked Parker because he was safe. He was in his last year of college and already had a job lined up after he graduated. He was smart, funny, and stable.

There wasn't a moment that didn't pass that Buffy found herself thinking about Spike. The irrational side of her was happy to see him but she was pissed he walked into her life unannounced and professing love. When he didn't return last night, she wondered where he could be. She wondered if he was with someone else, respecting her wish for him not to return. She looked at the pictures stuck to her mirror they'd taken in Vegas. The pictures had her reliving the excitement and indescribable rushes again. Everything with Spike was so fast. He never missed an opportunity to live and when she got a taste of it, the rational side of her knew she couldn't keep up. Spike reminded her of the men written about in romance novels. The kind of men that fulfilled fantasies, loved passionately and rescued women from their obscure lives. She never thought that kind of man existed until she met him. On their last night together and after hours of passionate lovemaking, she'd left him sleeping in her hotel room. Buffy adored Spike but she didn't see long-term in their future. She sighed, stepping in front of the full-length mirror to give herself the once-over. The dress fit perfectly and her open-toe shoes with the rhinestone buckles made the dress even sexier.

Buffy stepped out of the entryway of her building almost bumping into Spike walking in.

"Well hello gorgeous...you going somewhere?"

"I have a date."

"A date? Who is this guy? Where is he I want to meet him?

"He's not here. I'm meeting him." Buffy replied, trying to walk pass Spike.

"Hold on there, pet. What at kind of wanker can't come to pick you up?"

"The kind of guy I don't want you to meet."

"Oh come on luv, I'm not that bad am I." Spike replied, lowering his voice and giving Buffy his sexy smirk.

Buffy blinked quickly as Spike's voice managed to make her clit pucker. Suddenly, she found herself unable to speak, watching Spike move in closer. She trembled, tilting her head slightly when his finger traced down between her breasts and his hot breath stimulated her ear.

"You can be sometimes." She struggled to reply.

"What can I say baby. I've always been bad."

Catching herself from slipping under Spike's alluringness, Buffy pushed him away.

"Stop it, Spike. I have to go and you're making me late."

Spike laughed, knowing he was having an affect on her.

"How are you getting there?"

"The bus."

"The bus, pet. I don't think so. Come on, I'll drop you off."

"No thank you, the bus will do fine."

"There is no way I'm letting my girl ride the bus."

"I'm not your girl."

"You will be. You'll see."

Buffy really wanted to take Spike up on his offer. The thought of standing in high heels while waiting for the bus was already making her feet hurt. She had agreed to let Spike take her to the Bronze.

"Okay, but you have to promise me something."

"And what's that, luv."

"You don't start anything."

"You can trust me, pet." Spike replied, smiling wickedly.

He held his arm out for Buffy to wrap her arm around his. She refused not wanting to get too close.

"Suit yourself"

Buffy watched Spike jump into a red convertible.

"What happened to your black Desoto?"

"Left it at friends...didn't feel it was wise to take her to Mexico."

"So whose car is this?"

"Oh its mine too. I use it for my business."

"Which is what by the way you've never told me?"

"I sell cars."

"I bet" Buffy said with disbelief. The entire time they were together, Spike never mentioned he had a job. He always had money preferring to carry wads of it secured with a rubber band rather than a wallet. He'd spent all day and all night with her four days in a row. If he had a job, he certainly didn't act like he did.

Buffy turned to him and just stared.

"What, pet?" Spike asked.

"I look at you and I can't see anything. I would love to know what's behind that face of yours."

Spiked lighted up before starting the car. After blowing the offensive smoke into the air, he looked at Buffy.

"What you see is what you get, pet". He replied, smiling and winking at the curious blonde.

They pulled up in front of the Bronze. Buffy turned to Spike.

"Don't be at place when I get back and thanks for the ride."

Spike looked at her, tilting his head to the side.

"Why you plan on fucking this guy?" Spike said with a jealous tone.

"Maybe"

"Get out. Get the hell out of my car. I don't want to look at you."

Buffy was taken aback by Spike's outburst. In the matter of seconds, he changed from this fun-loving guy into a complete asshole. She opened the door, placing one foot outside the car. Spike her pulled back in, seizing her mouth and letting his tongue break the barrier of her lips. The wicked things he was doing with it seduced her into falling deeper and deeper into the kiss until he abruptly pulled back.

"Have fun on your date, pet?"

Dazed, Buffy managed to climb out of the car without falling on her ass. She tried to shake off the sexual side affects but was having a little trouble. She closed her eyes, trying to collect her. Spike had taken her by surprise and without permission, tinting her skin a shade of red.

Spike screeched his tires pulling out of the parking lot, giving Buffy the impression he was leaving. He made a u-turn in the middle of on coming traffic and parked the car. He waited until she walked in before, getting out. He strolled into the Bronze, looking around until he spotted her sitting with some white-bread guy he didn't approve of. He ordered a drink from the bar, watching her in the shadows. Every time Buffy laughed, Spike cringed. He wanted to be the only to enjoy her smile. When the pounce touched her, Spike's jaw tightened. He wanted to be the only man touching her. Clearly, he was jealous and wanted nothing more but to interrupt the date and stake his claim. He watched them dance and when Parker rubbed up against Buffy's ass. Spike had enough.

He tapped the DJ on the shoulder to request a song.

"I don't take request, man. You have to listen to whatever I play. If you have a problem with that, go see the manager." The stocky build man replied.

"I think this will change your mind." Spike handed the DJ twenty bucks.

"What do you want to hear?"

Spike stepped into the DJ's booth, looking through the CD's finding what he was looking for.

"This one."

"You got it," replied the DJ

Spike watched the two potential lovers move across the dance floor until he heard the beat from the song he requested. He stepped onto the floor, grabbing Parker by the shoulder, pulling him away from Buffy.

"Step aside mate, you're not enough man for her."

Parker walked up to Spike only to be pushed by him in the chest accompanied by a look that could kill. Parker stepped towards to retaliate again but changed his mind when he looked over at Buffy. She moved her head from side to side saying no in silence.

"Buffy who is this guy." Parker shouted, staring at Spike with anger.

Spike turned to Buffy, tilting his head to the side, curious to see how she was going to explain him to her embarrassed date.

Buffy looked at Spike then back at Parker.

"He's just a friend. It's alright...just one dance."

"Yeah mate, so bugger off."

Parker backed away, respecting Buffy's decision to dance with the cocky guy.

Spike smirked at Parker before focusing his attention on Buffy. He wrapped one arm around her waist, pulling her forcefully against him then wrapped his other arm around her, securing her closer. He stared into her eyes still wearing his smirk. Quickly, the smirk turned into a sexy smile and Spike's intense blue eyes softened. He missed having her in his arms.

Buffy wasn't surprised by Spike's actions. After Buffy finished her amateur stripe tease, a guy patted her on her behind. Spike saw it then beat the guy unconscious. The defining moment made Buffy realize Spike was the jealous possessive type. She knew he cared for her and she cared for him too but Spike was intense and it scared her. However when she looked into those blue soul-stirring eyes, her heart would melt. Holding Spike's gaze, the need to chastise him was long forgotten. It was the song, their song that made her relax and just go with it. Spike smiled at her causing Buffy to lower her head like a bashful child. He lifted her chin.

"Don't stop looking at me. I love the way you look at me."

Buffy focused her attention back onto him.

"Recognize the song, pet."

"Of course, you made it hard to forget." Buffy replied, listening to the soulful and timeless voice of Sade singing "Cherish The Day. They fucked for the first time on the balcony of her hotel room while that song and many more played in the background. But it was that song that song she came the hardest too.

"Care to relive it."

Buffy's breast tingled with remembrance of his caresses and she couldn't find the words to speak. Since Las Vegas, the unsatisfied ache between her legs called for him. God she wanted him.

Spike continued to look into Buffy eyes as if asking for permission to kiss her. Whether he saw it or not, he was going to do it anyway. Spike used the tip of his tongue to curl up her top lip then traced her bottom one. He pulled back. Buffy's eyes were wide and filled with invitation as her lips parted, succumbing to the desire to taste his. Spike's tongue moved erotically against hers. Buffy's body screamed with want. The soft pressure from his lips and his velvet rough tongue tangling with hers was making her wet. Spike's arousal was clear. His cock pushed against his jeans and rubbed on her thigh through the delicate material of her dress. His hands held her face then ascended to her hair. He pulled out her rhinestone-encrusted hairpins, tossing them to the floor. He raked his hands through her hair while lock after honey colored lock fell. Buffy gripped Spike's shoulders hard, trying to pull him even closer. They stopped moving with the music, standing in the middle of the dance floor kissing as if they were the only two people in the room. They were suspended in time listening to the beat of the music as it elicited a slow grind of their sexes. A crowd gathered around them then a voice shouted, "Get a room" causing the ardent lovers to mutually part.

"You heard the man, luv"

Buffy smiled.

"Lets go."

Spike pulled Buffy by the arm, running out of club. Finally remembering Parker, she looked over her shoulder seeing him standing with the rest of the crowd. She shouted she was sorry and disappeared out the door.

Parker was dumbfounded. He slumped into a near by chair. He was pissed he spent three months setting Buffy up to finally have sex with him only to be tossed aside for some blond-headed freak but the moment was short-lived. He spotted a voluptuous brunette in the dispersing crowd then followed her to the bar.

Buffy had never been in love before unless butterflies, constant smiling, and perspiration were any indication. She felt that way about Spike when she was in Las Vegas and again when he showed up out of the clear blue. Buffy had feelings for Spike afraid to admit them not knowing where those feelings might lead her.

Spike pressed his body against Buffy's, kissing her with the same lustful intensity he felt for her in Vegas. The forceful kiss almost knocked Buffy backward into the convertible but Spike caught her by the small of her back, still thrusting his tongue into her mouth. He broke their kiss to help Buffy into the car. He ran over to the driver's side, jumping him. He grabbed her by the face and plunged tongue into her mouth again, stretching Buffy across his lap. He yanked her head back by her hair, licking her neck then ran his hand down its length until he reached her breasts to fondle them.

"Hurry up and get me home." Buffy replied, falling back into her seat.

With his sexy smirk, Spike started up the car, speeding off into oncoming traffic almost causing an accident. He was driving way beyond the speed limit, going through yellow lights that were seconds away from turning red. Ignoring the honking horns and stretching tires of cars, Spike was giving Buffy lustful stares focused mainly in between her legs. Finally, he stopped at a red light, locking eyes with Buffy.

"Show me your tits." Spike asked.

Buffy placed her hands on the plunging neckline of her dress and pulled, revealing small full breasts with peaked to perfection nipples. Spike reached over to cup one of her breasts, brushing his thumb over the nipple then squeezing the soft flesh. Buffy closed hers, enjoying the touch of Spikes warm masculine hand on her breast. She covered his hands with hers, urging him to continue then moving his hand to the other one. Spike parted his lips while his tongue pressed against the roof mouth then eased out. Buffy had opened eyes just in time to see the erotic display, leaning over to take his tongue deep into her mouth. The light had changed green and Spike put the car in park while their tongues engaged in a sexual dance. Buffy had broken the kiss, reaching into Spike's pants to squeeze his hard cock. He lifted slightly from his seat from the welcomed violation. Spike made a turn off the main street and into an alley. He caught the car off, reclined the seat, and pulled Buffy onto his lap. She straddled him. Spike's hand cupped her ass while they kissed each other passionately. He unzipped his pants, liberating his cock then Buffy slid down onto his seeping shaft.

"Already wet and open. That's my girl, now fuck me."

"Aggghnnnhhhnn....ahggnnnnnnn" Buffy replied.

Spike pulled her dress down to her waist roughly fondling her breasts while his lips took turns sucking on each nipple. Buffy wrapped her arms around his neck holding him to her chest while she rode his cock with a steady rhythm. Spike locked his arms underneath hers, pushing her down and lifting as much as he could making the best of their limited space. Their moans and groans echoed off the dirty walls while Buffy rode him hard, feeling every inch of his cock penetrating deeper and deeper into her ridiculously wet pussy. Her hands kneaded his well-defined chest through his shirt. Her motion slowed to a stop when she felt something like padding. She stared into Spike's eyes with curiosity.

"What...why did you stop?" He whispered, breathlessly.

"What's this?" Buffy said, running her hand over the padded area.

Spike smiled wickedly, Buffy discovered his devotion to her. He knew she was going to find it eventually. He was enduring the pain from the pressure she was placing on it while riding him. The pain was a turn on more than a distraction.

"Why don't you find out?"

Buffy opened Spike's shirt, revealing a white bandage and tape on his pectoral muscle slightly above his heart. She looked up at Spike, asking for permission to continue.

"Go on, luv."

Buffy peeled back the bandage, staring at a tattoo of her name in black letters encased inside a red heart with dice showing snake eyes. Her heart thumped in her chest as she stared in awe. It was beautiful she thought, running her hand over it. She looked into Spike's eyes then lowered her head to kiss and suck on the colored flesh. Spike tilted his back, feeling her tongue and lips move over the still sensitive skin. He'd hope her acceptance of his permanent devotion was enough to convince her he was love with her. He grabbed Buffy by her face and stared into the eyes.

"Can't you see? I'm not crazy. I'm in love with you and I don't know how to show you any other way."

Buffy had seen the truth in his eyes and it scared her.

"I know you love me too. It's no use in hiding it, pet. Let it go. Let yourself feel it." Spike said, pulling Buffy closer to him to kiss and suckle on her breasts.


Spike's intensity was overwhelming her. She was confused and powerless to deal with all the emotions Spike was stirring up inside her. She wanted to bury her thoughts and just feel. It was that simple at least for right now. Slowly, she began to gyrate her hips recreating the motion. The pace quickened and became more intense. The fucking was harder and faster and gasps and grunts reached new octaves. Buffy pulled away from him, working her hips until she came. It was the wildest orgasm she'd ever had. Spike had came seconds before her but was still hard enough to insure Buffy had a pleasurable end. Holding each other tight, they rocked and lingered for several minutes until they calmed. Spike pulled Buffy's dress up, placing the delicate material back onto her shoulders. Buffy climbed off Spike, taking her seat. Spike zipped up then looked over at Buffy.

"You're alright, pet."

"I'm fine. Take me home."


A/N: I hope everyone likes the story so far. Please review.
Dirty Money by tahmoe
Thursday

Buffy climbed out of bed, she wrapped a towel around her body, preparing to take a shower. She had a job interview in one hour and needed to get ready. She looked over at Spike. He was still asleep. She squeezed her eyes tight then covered them with her hands, holding them there.

Spike shifted, running his hand over the empty space beside him. He looked up to witness Buffy in a moment he thought was rather odd.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm trying to shut my eyes very tight so everything can go back...but it never gets back completely."

"Come here."

"No, I'm going to be late for my interview."

"Interview, you mean for a job, luv."

"Of course silly, why else do people go on interviews? I need a job. My scholarship money is running out and my mother can only afford to keep me in school. I need the money to pay for this place and to help her out. I read about this internship program at the Sunnydale Art Gallary and it's perfect for what I want to do with my life."

Spike smothered his face into the pillows bothered by her talk of the future.

"Oh forget it. You wouldn't understand." She said frustrated Spike wasn't listening to her.

"You're right. It all sounds like bullshit to me. Lets go to Mexico."

"Stop calling what I want to do bullshit. What you do is bullshit. You don't fit into my plans for the future."

Spike walked over to Buffy in all his naked glory. She backed away from him, leaning against her dresser.

"I think you're going to have to change those plans, luv." Spike replied, opening Buffy's towel, feeling his manhood rise at the sight of her flushed nakedness.

"I wish you wouldn't love me."

"To late for that luv. You're stuck with me." He replied, looking into Buffy's eyes. He grabbed her hand, placing it over his tattooed heart.

"You feel that. My heart beats only for you."

Spike removed Buffy's hand from his chest, placing her fingers into his mouth. He sucked them one by one giving her a heated gaze. Buffy's eyes fluttered from the erotic sight and feel of Spike's hot mouth creating mini bursts of excitement within her. She placed her other hand on his chest, feeling the hard muscle underneath his hot skin. Spike leaned in closer, lifting Buffy onto the dresser, knocking over a small jewelry box and perfume bottles. He sucked and licked her breasts, working his way down to her pussy still potent with her distinct smell of lust and innocence. Buffy rested her head against the mirror. Her body had fallen weak under his touch.

Hearing the phone ring wasn't enough to stop the lustful lovers. Instinctively Buffy looked at the telephone, knowing there was no point in answering it. After the fourth ring, the answering machine picked up. It was Parker. Spike stopped no longer on his knees. Buffy attempted to distract him by placing his hands back over her breasts. She was almost successful but the sound of Parker's voice destroyed the moment.

"Buffy, pick up if you're there. It's me, Parker. I think we should talk."

Spike picked up the telephone.

"Look, white-bread she's not your bint anymore so run along and find another bird."

Spike slammed the telephone down then ripped it out of the wall, startling Buffy.

"I can't believe you were going to fuck that guy. I guess you're one of those chicks who'll fuck any guy that comes along except the guy who loves them."

Buffy was hurt by Spike's words. Determined not to dignify them with a response. She covered herself with the towel, walking towards the bedroom door.

Spike ran towards Buffy, grabbing her hard by the arms. He kissed her passionately. She tried to resist but Spike's kisses were like drugs. The minute he touched her lips with his, she was hooked. He pulled away from her.

"As long as I'm alive no other man will ever touch you."

"You scare me Spike. What do you want from me?"

"Everything"

"That's too much."

"What do you want from me?" Spike asked.

"I don't know...something."

"That's not enough. It's all or nothing with me, luv."

Spike yanked the towel from her body, pushing Buffy onto the bed. He pushed her legs apart, entering her. She gasped from the forceful thrust, and then she closed her eyes from the immediate pleasure.

"No, don't close your eyes. I loved to see those looks on your face, the surprise, the fear, the wildness and the excitement."

"Spike I...ahnnnuuhhnn...ahhannnnunnn."

Buffy swallowed hard, giving up on the power of speech.

"What is it? Talk to me, luv." He whispered, slowly moving inside her.

She knew what he wanted to hear, but she couldn't bring herself to say it so she said the next best thing.

"I want you." Buffy replied, wrapping her legs high up Spike's back. He lifted her by her ass to penetrate her deeper.

"Buffy...pet...I love you...Christ...I love you...ahnnannahhn...annnnnnhhhn"

After several more thrusts, Spike spilled into her, continuing to thrust until she climaxed crying out his name along with God's.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spike pulled in front of the Sunnydale Art Gallery. Buffy had ten minutes to
Spare and instead of preparing for her interview, she used those minutes to give Spike a deep sultry kiss.

"Ummm...I feel so free when I'm with you." She said, after breaking their kiss to Spike's disappointment.

Spike kissed her again and then they mutually parted.

"Come on... lets just go. Lets do it. Lets go to Mexico."

"We'll see."

Spike tried to kiss her again.

"I can't be late Spike. Will you pick me up in an hour?"

"Can't goldilocks. Looks like you're going to have to get along without me. I have a spot of business to take care of."

Spike needed a newspaper. He spotted a dispenser at a streetlight corner. He opened it to the crime section. A photo of him was published along with the headlines stating he was wanted for a double homicide. The state trooper had died and it was clear Clem's death was going to be pinned on him too. He looked around, trying not to panic. He jumped into his car, heading back to Buffy's place. He needed to make a call to Rupert Giles and retrieve the gun he had hidden on top of Buffy's kitchen cabinet. When he arrived at her place, the front door was open. He walked in. There was no one in the front of the apartment then he heard a sound coming from her bedroom. He stopped in the doorway, watching a short balding man sniffing Buffy's underwear.

"Sorry mate, but I don't think those are your size."

Quickly, the short man turned around, hiding Buffy's black thong behind his back.

"Who are you?"

"Never mind that mate. I think I should be asking you that question." Spike said, walking over to the balding man.

"I'm the landlord and I handle the maintenance. I'm Mr. Snyder and I'm here to fix the sink."

"In her bedroom" Spike replied, snatching the underwear from behind Mr. Snyder's back shoving him out of the bedroom.

"Get the hell out of here."

Mr. Snyder stumbled his way out of Buffy's bedroom with Spike's assistance.

"Alright, alright."

"I wonder what you're other tenants would think when they find out their landlord is a dirty little bugger who goes around sniffing women's knickers. I don't think they would like it too much. I see lawsuits in your future, mate."

"Hey, come on. Cut me a break. I'll make a deal with you."

"I'm listening but I'm not the one you should be making the deal with."

"Okay...okay help me out. I assume you're a friend of Ms. Summers. Look here's a voucher for next months rent...just don't tell her."

"Make it two months and you've got a deal. I'll make something up when she gets home."

Spike snatched the vouchers from Snyder's hand.

"Now get the hell out of here before I change my mind."

Mr. Snyder walked toward the door then turned around to take another look at Spike. The blond headed man looked familiar to him.

Spike waited for Mr. Snyder to leave, locking the door behind him. He called Rupert Giles. They arranged to meet at an old warehouse Spike was familiar with in two hours.

Spike placed the gun behind him in the waist of his jeans, adding a red button down shirt to conceal the bulge in the back. Once he was inside the car, he placed the gun under the driver's seat. He'd driven out to an abandoned warehouse in downtown Los Angeles. A black SUV was parked out front. He concealed the gun again, hoping everything would go smoothly. When he entered the warehouse, he knew the man waiting for him wasn't Rupert Giles.

Spike pulled out his gun.

"What's going on?" he asked, pointing it to a short redheaded man who looked like the kid on the covers Mad Magazine.

The redheaded man held up his hands in defense.

"Hey take it easy man. I don't want any trouble. It's cool. Mr. Giles employs me to handle these things for him. I'm not packing. I don't like guns. The name's OZ and I'm assuming you're Spike. I have something for you."

Oz opened a black briefcase, pushing it towards Spike.

"$100,000 just like the man promised."

Briefly, Spike looked down, satisfied everything was legit. He tucked the gun into his waistband, closing the case.

"Aren't you gonna count it?"

"Don't have time, mate."

"So I guess you'll be heading straight out of town. The cops are looking for you. Pity, Mr. Giles had another job for you and your buddy but it looks like he's gonna have to find someone else. Oh and by the way. Offing your buddy to keep all the money for yourself...nice."

Spike had given Oz a disgusted look while backing away.

He rested his head against the steering wheel trying to collect himself. He was almost sure there was going to be some trouble. Spike looked at the gun lying on the seat, contemplating if he should get rid of it finally decided to keep it until he got out of California. Happy with having the money, he popped in his Creed CD. Several seconds into his favorite song, memories of Clem occupied his thoughts. Quickly, he removed the CD, tossing it out the window along with the case.

Spike parked the car several blocks away from Buffy's apartment. He tucked the gun in his waistband, grabbing the briefcase and looking around to make sure no one was watching him. He walked into the apartment, expecting to see Buffy. He needed to see her. Being with her made things simple. He wanted to get lost in her for a while and forget the last couple of hours. He walked down the hall, noticing remnants of steam coming out of the bathroom but she wasn't in the shower. When he walked into the bedroom, he saw a naked Buffy sprawled out on the bed, waiting for him.

"Well, well what do we have here?"

"I stepped out of the shower thinking what was the best way to dry off. It was a toss up between the towel and you. Looks like you're the winner."

"I don't know about that luv. I plan on getting you wet all over again."

Buffy smiled, noticing the black briefcase he was holding. Spike followed her eyes then smiled wickedly.

"Want to know what's in it, pet?"

"I'm not interested in boring paperwork from your 'business'."

Spike kneeled down.

"Come here."

Buffy moved toward him, lying on her stomach. They kissed. Cleverly, Spike removed the gun, placing it under the bed. He made a mental note to retrieve it later so Buffy wouldn't find it. After securing the gun out of sight, Spike pulled away from Buffy. He opened the briefcase then dumped the money onto Buffy's naked body. It was raining crisp one hundred dollars bills. She grabbed at them, wanting to make sure the money was real.

"Where did you get all of this money?"

"I did a favor for someone and he paid me in cash rather than writing me a check." Spike replied, laughing.

"For your business."

"Something like that, pet"

Spike grabbed a fist full of bills then rubbed them along Buffy's backside, getting aroused by her perfection.

"Have you ever fucked on $100,000 before?" He asked in a low sexy voice.

"No"

"Neither have I, but there's a first time for everything."

"What about paper cuts?"

"I'll take my chances, luv."


Spike removed his clothes, joining Buffy on the bed. She turned onto her back then raised her leg. He caught her foot in his hand, massaging it and biting the arch. He kissed and licked her calves and knees then her inner thighs. Buffy was getting wet and shivering from the sight of his pleasing moist lips inflaming her skin. Noticing her little man was standing in the boat demanding some attention. Spike rolled his tongue around it then grabbed her by the ass to lick at her opening. She moaned and whimpered, crinkling her brow from the intensity. Spike was spending so much time down under perspiration began to build on her skin. She was about to come. Her legs started to shake and she no longer knew what to do with her hands. She removed them from his spiky hair laying them flat against the pillows.

"uhnnnn...unnnhhhhnnn...ohunnhhhnn...Spike...yes...uhnnnnnnhnnhnhnnn"

Spike continued o pay tribute to the swollen flesh between her legs, sticking his tongue straight up inside her and pulling her hips toward his face. Buffy moved them back. The intensity was becoming too much for her. Spike pulled her back again and again until Buffy was doing it herself. Her hands found his hair again while she rocked back and forth allowing Spike's tongue to free reign.

"uhnnnnunnhnhn...uhhnhhhhnnnn...ohunnnhnnhoOHHNNNNNNOHHHH"

Spike had opened a bottle of lust inside her. Cream-colored fluid came pouring out of her and into his mouth. After getting his fill, he kissed up to her pelvis and navel. He grabbed Buffy by her wrists, forcing her arms back against the pillows while he wet her nipples between his lips. Buffy wanted something inside her, anything and she wanted it quick.

"Please, put it inside me."

Spike's cock was filled with anticipation as it motioned against Buffy's thigh. He placed Buffy's hand on it, gasping from her firm grip. She stroked him, using the pads of her fingertips to manipulate the bulging veins, squeezing the tip extra firm with her index finger and thumb. He kissed her hot sweet-tasting mouth, swirling his tongue around hers then sucking on her pouty lips.

She kissed his strong masculine features, his neck, shoulders and chest. She sucked his nipples, moving her tongue over his body to all the places it could reach. She turned them over, moving her tongue down the space that separated his right abs from the left until she got to the bottom. Spike's cock was beautiful. Buffy touched it to her face then smelled him. Everything about him was masculine and sexy. She placed his cock into her mouth, slapping it against her tongue. A loud moan escaped his lips. She licked the crowned head with circular motions before using the tip of her tongue to flicker the very top and into the slit. She coaxed him back into her mouth slowly, letting her throat relax to take him in further. Both hands moved together, up and down his length, meeting her mouth then pulling away.

"Fuuuccck...Buffy, luv...ahhnn...damn woman...fuck...ahhhhhhhhnnn"

Spike was throbbing in her hands. She pulled away before he exploded and climbed on top of him, deciding to ride the tip for a while. Spike's moans were a combined mixture of agony and ecstasy as he tried to endure her teasing. Rising to a sitting position, he forced her down further by the shoulders. They both cried out and Buffy's pain was evident but she came all over him anyway.

Internal damage was of no concern to Spike as he continued to thrust up into her. He'd taken the control back, flipping them over and driving into her harder. He could feel her contracting around him so he stopped and withdrew, rubbing his cock against her pussy. Buffy begged for him to stick it back inside.

"Please put it back in."

"You shouldn't tease pet."

"Spike please"

Spike smiled, pushing himself back inside her. Buffy moaned, closing her eyes on the way to ecstasy. They kissed. Spike was making love to her mouth but clearly fucking her to death. She was screaming like a virgin as Spike drove into her with the power of several men. Sweat poured off of him, wetting both their bodies and weakening the sound of the crisp one hundred dollar bills to wilted old one dollars. Both reached their peaks, breathing heavily and staring into each other's eyes. Buffy's appeared wild with desire but Spike saw something else, fear, uncertainty and love.

"Don't be afraid...I love you too."


A/N: I hope everyone is still enjoying the story. Please review. I need it.
Now or Never by tahmoe
Friday

Spike turned on the TV. Although he was yesterday's news, his mug shout appeared often. He switched it off, feeling panic about to set in. Time was running out. He showered, wrapping a towel around his waist and lit a fag. He stashed the money in the seams of his leather trench coat, folding it carefully and then placing it at the bottom along with the gun and various clothing items on top. He looked at the clock not expecting Buffy to be home from school for another four hours, giving him plenty of time to make some arrangements. He searched his jean pockets for the number Xander had given him for his friend Dalton. Spike needed some fake IDs and birth certificates to ensure crossing the border without hassle. He searched Buffy's drawers finding an old college ID, thinking Dalton could probably transfer her photo onto a new one. He packed all his things, not that it was much since he never really unpacked since he arrived in Sunnydale. He'd sat on the edge of Buffy's bed thinking about her while the ash from his cigarette compounded but didn't fall to the floor. He grabbed the stripe of pictures located on her mirror, tearing two off for himself. He made a call to Dalton then headed to Los Angeles.

Dalton lived on the outskirts of on the state line marking California and Nevada. His trailer was small and boring and there wasn't another neighbor within miles. Spike thought it was the most depressing sight he'd ever seen. He knocked on the door greeted by a short balding eye-glassed man.

"You Spike."

"Maybe, are you Dalton?"

"Maybe"

Both men eyed each other with distrust until Spike replied.

"I'm a friend of Xanders. He told me you could help me out, mate."

"Well, why didn't you just say that over the phone...come in. What can I do for you?" Dalton said, warming up to Spike.

"I need two ID's one for me and another one for my girl. I'm also going to need two birth certificates. Here's all the information you need. How soon can you have this ready for me?"

"It want be ready until Sunday. Can you stick around until then?"

"Looks like I'm going to have to mate. How much for everything?"

"Two thousand dollars. I'll take half now and the rest when you pick it up."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buffy returned home early from school she wasn't feeling well. She called out for Spike but he didn't answer. She looked around her apartment, noticing the briefcase was lying on the floor empty. She walked into her bedroom to lie down and it was there she noticed Spike's duffel bag was missing. Soon after, she noticed he'd taken some pictures of them. She was overwhelmed with sadness. Spike left without saying goodbye. Now she knew how it felt like after abandoning him in the hotel two months ago. She closed her eyes remembering their last night together and how passionate and loving he was. She thought maybe that was his way of saying goodbye with one last roll in the hay. A single tear had fallen from her eyes. She wiped it away but another one fell then another. Buffy was crying over Spike. She'd never had her heart broken before; guessing the heaviness she was feeling in her chest was what it felt like. She looked in her mirror, seeing her face covered with streaks of eyeliner and mascara running down her cheeks. She walked into the bathroom to wash her face and reapply but it was useless more tears started to fall. She'd felt dizzy again. She placed the lid over the toilet seat, resting her face in her hands. Getting over Spike this time wasn't going to be easy. She loved him after all, thinking maybe if she told him he'd stay and forget about Mexico. She didn't know what the big deal was anyway. Sunnydale was just as hot, and sunny with beaches too. She couldn't figure him out, having given up on trying to since he showed up unannounced. However, his mystery was one of the things that attracted her to him in the first place along with his ability to do what he wanted and not have to answer to anyone. She missed him.

Once the dizziness subsided, Buffy headed back towards her bedroom for some much needed rest. She almost made to bed when she heard a knock at her door. She hurried to answer it, thinking Spike had come back. She called out his name before answering the door, opening it half way. There were two gentlemen dressed in suits and ties, wearing sunglasses. One guy was very tall with sandy blonde hair and the other was black with a baldhead.

"Can I help you?" Buffy asked.

"Are you Buffy Summers?" asked the tall gentlemen.

"Who wants to know?"

"I'm Detective Riley Finn and this is Detective Forrest Graham."

"I'm Buffy Summers."

"May we come in"?

"What's this all about?"

"May we come in."?

Buffy opened the door wider, motioning the detectives into her apartment.

"Have a seat"

"Thank you mam"

"Ms. Summers we're investigating a double homicide involving William Jones, aka William Reynolds, aka William Hartford."

Buffy's brow crinkled starting with the first name the detective called out even more at the other two names. "I'm sorry officers" She replied shaking her head.

"Detective, please"

"I'm sorry detective but I don't know anyone by that name."

"What about Spike?" asked Detective Graham.

Buffy stopped shaking her head when the detective mentioned Spike's name. She never bothered to ask him if it was his real name then again she didn't think she would see Spike again after leaving Las Vegas.

"I know him."

"Your landlord Mr. Synder contacted us...identifying him as the man he saw in your apartment yesterday afternoon. He said he was your boyfriend. Where is he Ms. Summers?"

"He's not my boyfriend. I mean...I don't know what I mean. He was here but he's gone." Buffy replied nervously.

"Did he say where he was headed?"

"He talked about going to San Francisco. He said some guy owed him some money there."

Riley motioned for Detective Graham to make a call to headquarters warning all units to be on the look out for Spike in the San Francisco area.

"Can you tell us anything else?"

"No that's all I know."

"If you're lieing to us Ms. Summers, we want hesitate to arrest you for aiding and abetting a murderer."

Tears began to fall from her eyes. Buffy didn't want to believe Spike was capable of killing anyone. She didn't want to believe the detectives but now everything started to make sense. The talk about Mexico, the secrecy, and the money but why her why did he stay in Sunnydale when he could have just left after he got the money. It didn't make any sense but nothing Spike did made any sense except in his mind. However, she didn't know where he was. All she knew is that he was gone and she would never see him again.

"Well, thank you for your time Ms. Summers. If you can think of anything else, here's my card."

Buffy placed the card on her coffee table. All three of them stood at the same time, walking to the front door.

"Detective Finn, who did he kill?" Buffy asked.

Riley opened his notebook for reference.

"He killed a state trooper and one Clem Smith, a buddy of his. Those two shared a rap sheet a mile long."

Buffy didn't know Clem and Spike never mentioned he had any friends. He seemed like a loner and a person with trust issues. After the detectives left, Buffy rested her head on the front door, she felt sick. She'd run into the bathroom, throwing up in the sink instead of the toilet. She grabbed a towel from the handle to wipe her mouth. Spike was a murderer she thought but her gut was telling her it wasn't true. However, she would never find out because the only person to answer that question left without saying goodbye.

The detectives had stood outside Buffy's door.

"What do you think, man?" Detective Graham asked.

"I think she's lieing. She's covering up for him. Did you see the look on her face? She's in love with him. I've been on the job long enough to know a woman in love will do anything to protect her man."

"So what do you want to do?"

"We wait...stake the place out...something tells me he's going show his face...a girl that beautiful... I would come back."

"She is hot"

"Call another unit for back up." Riley said.

Buffy needed to lie down. Her head was spinning and her heart was pounding out of control. The visit from the detectives left her confused. All this time she was thinking Spike was just this carefree guy, living life on his own terms not a murderer. He was her definition of a free spirit; a live and let live kind of guy but a murderer. She refused to believe it, burying her head into her pillow, willing herself to sleep.

Spike parked his car several blocks from Buffy's apartment, placing his duffel bag in the trunk of the car. As he approached her building, he noticed an unmarked police car parked a few feet from her complex and a squad car pulled up beside it. He tried not to panic, immediately backing up and returning to his car. He stopped, knowing he couldn't leave without her. Most men when have called him a fool and others would say he was that stupid guy in that movie, given the chance to get away and not taking it. Spike was a fool, a fool for love. He figured enough time had passed for Buffy to be home. He'd crept around back, looking through her bedroom window. He saw her, lying on the bed. He smiled, pounding on the window.

Buffy was startled out of her sleep by the loud knocking. She looked in the direction of her bedroom window, seeing Spike displaying a devilish grin. She hurried to the window, opening it and wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I thought you left. What are you doing here...the police are looking for you. They said you killed two people. Is that true? Spike what's going on. I'm scared. You have to get out of here."

"Calm down, pet. Listen to me Buffy...I didn't kill anyone...you have to believe me. I know I have to go but I came back for you. It's now or never, luv. Are you coming with me?"

Before Buffy could answer, there was pounding at her front door. A man shouted it was the police requesting her to open the door.

"Spike I can't. I don't know."

"Mexico...Mexico...Mexico" Spike replied, taking slow steps backward, staring into her eyes.

Buffy heard her front door open abruptly. She was hesitating and looking back and forth, feeling her heart rate speed up and off the charts.

Spike knew he was running out of time. He continued to stare into her eyes.

"Buffy I love you please come with me."

Three simple words changed her mind. Buffy smiled at Spike then grabbed her purse, letting Spike help her out the window. They ran over to the car about to get inside when they were spotted by a patrol car. Spike opened the trunk, pulling out his duffel bag. He grabbed Buffy by the hand.

"Run, pet" He shouted, sprinting in the opposite direction of the squad car.

The two lovers continued running several blocks, ducking and dodging out of sight from the speeding police car, giving chase. Out of nowhere two more appeared until finally one of the cops stopped his car and chased them on foot. Buffy was determined to keep up with Spike, letting him pull her by the hand the entire way. They stopped briefly, surveying where they were. Spike knew Buffy was running out of steam but they needed to continue. He grabbed Buffy by the arms.

"Do you trust me?"

Buffy was using the opportunity to catch her breath so she nodded her as a yes.

"Then trust me when I tell I want let go of your hand."

Buffy smiled, knowing in that moment. Spike wasn't going to leave her.

The cop proved to be no match for the two of them. Buffy and Spike outran him by several blocks, finding an abandoned building to hide in. Spike walked in first, still holding Buffy by the hand and making sure there weren't any nasties lurking about. When he was confident they were safe, he hugged her close then kissed her lips.

"You alright, pet?" He asked, licking his dry lips.

Buffy looked into his eyes, grabbing Spike by the face and kissing him roughly on the mouth. The adrenaline was pumping to every part of her body. Her heart was thumping in her chest. Buffy was on fire. She continued to kiss him, using all her strength backing him into the wall. Spike kissed her back passionately, turning them around. He'd torn his mouth away from hers, looking into her desire filled eyes. There was a lustful grin on her face as she pushed down her panties and stepped out of them. He watched her, becoming fully aroused. He pressed his body against hers, kissing her with fury while hoisting her up.

Buffy wrapped her legs around his waist while Spike successfully unbutton and unzipped his jeans continuing to kiss her and hold her up at the same time. He guided his cock into her with ease. Buffy was soaking wet and hot. The lovers fucked against the wall in the midst of chaos blinded by their desire for the other and forced into silence except for their heavy breathing.

The intensity of the moment was getting to them. Spike buried his head in her shoulder trying not to come out loud while Buffy clutched at him with her teeth embedded in the flesh curve between his neck and shoulder. Both had come only seconds apart, using all their will power not to scream out. Spike's head wanted to split in two from the intense migasm threatening his ability to hold her up. The force of Buffy's orgasm was equally overwhelming while she continued to bite into Spike's flesh.

Unable to support her weight, Spike dropped Buffy's legs as she struggled to maintain some kind of hold around him. He was still hard and pulsing inside her so he did what he had to do. He pulled her down to the dirty floor, pushing her onto her back to continue waylaying into her. Another orgasm rocked Buffy's world but Spike was there to muzzle her moans with his mouth and tongue. She gripped his ass, pushing him in deeper, feeling his hot come spilling inside her. Buffy returned the favor, covering his mouth with hers while he grunted every milky drop. Spike rested on Buffy before rolling off her, both breathing in uncontrollable unison from their pleasure. He pulled her to him, securing his arm around her while she rested her head on his chest. Mentally and physically exhausted, they fell asleep.

A/N: If you enjoyed this chapter, please review. I need it.
Running Out of Time by tahmoe
A/N: When you get to the love scene, I suggest you read it slow. :)

Saturday

Several hours later, Buffy had awakened suddenly becoming aware of her surroundings. Her alertness roused Spike, sending him into survival mode. He jumped to his feet almost knocking her back down to the dirty floor while he pulled up his jeans.

"Get up, luv...we have to... get us some place clean and uninhibited by rodents."

Buffy jumped up, brushing the dirt from her ass, legs and skirt.

"I'm ready."

Spike smiled at her, liking what he heard. He grabbed her by the waist then kissed her. Quickly, the kiss turned passionate and the two found themselves wanting each other again but Spike managed to tear his mouth away from hers.

"We'll make time for that when we find us a place to stay until tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? shouldn't we be leaving for Mexico now."

"We can't now luv, we need some wheels and our identification want be ready until then."

Buffy started to worry but she didn't say anything. However, Spike could see the worry on her face. Gently, he grabbed her by the arms.

"It's going to be alright, pet. I'm going to take care of us."

With Buffy in tow, Spike checked to see if every thing was clear, looking for any sign of cops. He spotted an old Volkswagon van dating back to the seventies. He reached into his duffle bag, pulling out his carjacker. Buffy was his lookout.

Getting into the van was easy but hotwiring it was a challenge. Spike had to remove some of the paneling to get to the wires he needed. Wiping sweat from his brow, he finally managed to get the van started then realizing it was the first time he'd ever had a problem. He prided himself on being a master car thief. Instead of blaming the difficulty on the age of the car, he'd taken it as a sign of bad luck.

They'd driven to Los Angeles. Spike parked the van in a darkened area of the motel parking lot. He'd gotten them a room, facing the freeway on the first floor in case they needed to make a quick getaway. The heavily tattooed clerk inside the motel recognized him from the TV sitting on the counter, brightly displaying Spike's mug shot with a picture of Buffy. They exchanged knowing stares and Spike laid out the money for the room as well as five crisp one hundred dollar bills. The clerk smiled. Spike placed his index finger against his pursed lips as an agreement of silence. The clerk nodded his head once, handing him the key.

Spike climbed back into the van, noticing Buffy had fallen asleep. He parked it several parking spaces away from their motel door. He carried Buffy inside, placing her on the bed. She shifted then awakened.

"Spike" She called out still dazed from sleep.

"Yes, I'm right here, luv"

"I'm hungry."

Spike laughed to himself. She sounded like a kid telling a parent she wanted to eat.

"I'll be right back luv" He replied, watching her fall back asleep.

Spike walked into a nearby diner, ordering hamburgers, fries and shakes to go. He noticed the Saturday morning paper, lying on the counter. He looked to see if it belonged to anyone then helped himself, unfolding it. On the front page was a picture of him and Buffy with the headlines reading 'Hostage or Lover?'. He closed the paper, looking around. All of the patrons inside seemed to be minding their own business. He folded the paper under his arm, paying for the food with a hundred dollar bill. The waitress looked at him. The meal only cost thirteen dollars. Spike smiled at her and told her to keep the change. She smiled back. Once he was outside the diner, he shoved the newspaper into the trash, hurrying back to the motel.

Buffy looked up quickly when Spike walked through the door. She had already taken a shower, sitting on the bed wrapped in a white towel.

"You're back"

Spike looked at Buffy.

"You say it as if I wasn't coming back, pet. I told you I would and I keep my promises. After I left, you had fallen back asleep."

"How long was I out?"

"A while, but you woke up long enough to tell me you were hungry. I got us something to eat."

Buffy grabbed the bag from Spike, shoving her hands inside to devour fries.

"Slow down pet."

"I'm starving" Buffy, replied with a mouth full of food.

Spike watched Buffy devour her food barely touching his own. After seeing his mug shot alongside his sweet Buffy, he'd lost his appetite. He was puzzled, thinking he made a mistake persuading her to come with him. Normally, he didn't have second thoughts, always doing whatever he wanted but he didn't want to ruin her promising life. Buffy was only 18 years old. She hadn't lived and he didn't want to be the one responsible for taking that away from her. He was being selfish, thinking he needed to push it aside for once then his thoughts shifted to Clem. He missed his best friend, his brother, breaking the promise he made to himself not to mourn him until he got to Mexico so he struggled to hold back his tears not wanting to alarm Buffy.

Buffy had finished her food, including what Spike didn't eat. She burped, sucking on what remained from her milkshake. She looked at him, sitting in the armchair lost in thought. He had a she'd never seen before. It was a look of worry.

"Spike, what's wrong?"

Spike turned to her.

"I miss Clem."

"The guy the police said you killed."

"I didn't kill him. It was an accident. The dam fool shot himself messing around with a loaded gun. You would think the police would know that sense it was impossible for me to shot him at that angel and manage to steer the bloody car but they don't care about that pet...nobody cares. All they see is the criminal in me. They want to put me back in jail but I want let that happen. I'd rather die, than go to prison. I've seen jail and I'm sure prison is ten times worst."

"What about that trooper...was that a accident too?"

"He tried to arrest me...we struggled...the gun went off...end of story."

Buffy watched Spike look off into the distance. She wanted to be there for him, comfort him. She seated herself on his lap, touching the side of his face.

"I care and I don't see a criminal when I look at you. You're not going to prison because we'll be in Mexico." Buffy replied, smiling like a schoolgirl.

Spike chuckled, realizing even more how young she was. He needed to relax.

"I'm going to take a shower, pet." He said, getting up from the chair.

Buffy flopped into her chair after him, watching Spike undress in front her. Her eyes wondered down his sculpted ivory body, settling on his beautiful cock. She smiled up at him, biting her bottom lip but Spike was too distracted to notice she wanted him. He looked as if he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. Again, something she'd never seen before. Spike was revealing a side of himself she thought didn't exist. His carefree attitude had transformed into seriousness. She wanted to erase what ever was troubling him.

Spike placed his head under the hot water, feeling the tension leave his body. He pushed all his thoughts aside, thinking everything was going to be all right once they made it safely to Mexico. He closed his eyes, letting the spray of heated water sooth his face then he felt her.

Buffy pressed her body against his backside, locking her arms under his. She massaged his chest, kneading her fingers into his flesh. Spike moaned, gripping the back of her thigh to hold her closer. She kissed his back, licking at the wetness. He lowered his head, enjoying her comfort. Slowly, her hand curled around his rising cock, stroking it up and down while steadily increasing the firmness of her grip.

Turning to face her, he kissed her hungrily, running his hands down her back to her ass bending her slightly backward with the force. Buffy caught her balance holding onto his flexing muscular forearms. She moaned against his mouth while his tongue continued to dart in and out, overwhelming her with heated wet kisses.

Spike clung to her as if she was his only life force. Being with her was making his world melt away. He needed her comfort. It made him feel invincible. He loved her so much, wishing she would admit she loved him too.

Wiggling her way out of his strong grasp, Buffy stepped out of her shower, pulling him by the hand. Spike allowed himself to be taken away from the sanctuary of the shower into the sanctuary of her arms. She kissed him, igniting the spark created when he kissed her so forcefully in the shower. She pushed him onto the bed, releasing his mouth from hers. She straddled him while rubbing her already wet pussy along the length of his shaft. She captured his lips again as her tongue swirled around his. Spike was helpless so he surrendered his soul to her.

"God, Buffy I love you so much. I have to have you in my life."

Buffy heard his words but didn't reply. She loved him too but wanted her actions to speak for her. Buffy's wet moist lips inflamed his skin.

Spike tangled his hands in her damp hair, anticipating what was to come.

"Buffy, luv I need you so much right now."

She wrapped her hand around his cock, flickering her tongue at the head while it grew mightier in her hand. Buffy's hungry mouth gobbled up his manhood as Spike pumped his hips, urging her to take more, she did. Relaxing her throat, she could feel it pulse at the roof of her mouth while her tongued travel across the roadmap of veins engorged with blood. He was set to detonate soon. Spike's head was spinning with pleasure and approval through his many gasps and groans. He loved the way she was handling him, opening his eyes to the erotic sight of her full lips around his cock. It was enough to do him in. Spike came a continuous stream of thick-clouded juice, pumping into her mouth. Buffy tried to swallow as much as she could but he was flowing like a hose. Moans of satisfaction accompanied by shortness of breath were all he was capable of mustering. Buffy looked up, seeing Spike sated by her way of helping to ease his worries. She kissed her way back up his body, feeling his arms encircle around her. She looked into his eyes while her hand caressed his chest.

"I want to make love with you."

She lowered her head, tracing the outline of his tattoo with her tongue then running he hand across it. She sucked on his nipples, making them erect and screaming for more contact from her mouth. She ran her tongue over them once more, hearing Spike gasped then realizing it was one of his spots. She looked for more, running her tongue up his neck starting at the base of his throat all the way up to his chin. She sucked on it, running her tongue along his chiseled jaw line to his ear. She nibbled on it, biting around the sensitive flesh while her hand was massaging the nape of his neck. She made her way to the other side, kissing his lips sensually as she traveled across. Buffy could feel his cock twitching and jerking against her thigh. He was hard again. She returned to his mouth, kissing him deeply in a tireless wet worship of tongues, moving, sliding, massaging against the others.

Spike pulled away from her mouth, looking at her with affection. He was in love with the beautiful young girl. Buffy wanted him badly. The way her body moved against him, the wickedness of her tongue and the sensuality of her touch had given him a new erotic awakening that he didn't expect to come from her. She wasn't a young girl. She was a woman. The one stealing his heart when he wasn't looking and he thought he was the only thief in the relationship.

He was silly to think he didn't want her there, with him, about to make love. There was something different about the way she was responding to him as if she was trying to tell him something but he stopped trying to figure it out. He stroked his hand through her hair, smiling at her and thinking her words were the most beautiful words he'd ever heard. He rolled them over, pushing her hair away from her face. He entered her, gasping and blinking quickly from her degree rising heat. His lips parted, then his eyes closed shut for a few seconds feeling the intensity of the moment. Buffy was burning up inside. He tried to regain his composure; opening his eyes to hers to communicate the unbelievable pleasure she was giving him.

Buffy wanted the depth of the moment to be acknowledged. She struggled to keep her eyes open, wanting Spike to see how she felt about him and wanting him to feel what he was doing to her. She spread her legs wider, lifting up slightly to make sure he was all the way in. She'd felt the head of his cock graze her g-spot. She whimpered, feeling tiny little spasms creep up her spine and take her breath away. The sensation acted as trigger, filtering throughout her limbs. She grabbed his face; pulling his mouth to hers to engage in a sweet kiss on it's way to deepening. She eased her tongue out, curling it upward to touch the roof of his mouth. She rubbed it back and forth then across both lips before taking full occupancy inside, feeling like she was about to faint from Spike's long, slow easy strokes. Sex with Spike was always good but making love to him was better than anything she'd ever experienced as he elicited heavily punctuated whimpers, groans and moans from her.

Spike controlled the tempo; depth and direction of each stroke, making sure the ridges of her g-spot met the head of his cock. Partially lifting his body from hers, he stared into her eyes, making every stroke count. With every one, he watched Buffy's eyes close and open as her mouth mimicked the same reaction. Her pussy flexed like a begging mouth around his cock, sucking him in deeper. She was hotter and wetter than any of the other times he'd been inside her, making it impossible to continue the slow pace but he concentrated on the sweetness of the moment. It was making him last.

She loved him, he knew for sure now, not caring if she didn't say it. The words were unimportant as they released their desires and enslaved themselves to the other's wishes and pleasures. They were making love with an intense fire that burned for the other. Touching, tasting, kissing, and holding were what the moment was about. Spike needed Buffy and somehow she must have sensed it, coming to him as if he called her.

Once Spike came back down to earth, he realized they were no longer making love. They were fucking now, riding themselves of any dammed-up passion from their night spent in the abandoned building. Their sweat sex covered skin created slapping echoes throughout the dingy motel room as their bodies rose and fell to the mattress with lustful force. Spike was fucking Buffy like he was drilling for oil and she was accepting every new place he was discovering inside her. She licked and kissed at his neck, chest, and shoulders, crying out between kisses but keeping up Spike with an equal fire and intensity. Her mouth had found his roughly as she gripped the back of his head with one hand while the other gripped his ass, pushing him deeper. She was about to explode. Her body jerked and twitched like a broken electric cable, absorbing the promising power of Spike's body propelling her into release. Her screams of passion traveled from her well-fucked pussy against his ear. Spike let out animal-like growl, coming so hard; he thought he would never stop, placing a period at the end of their hot, seductive union with a mixing of sweat that covered their bodies like a rain forest mist.

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter so please tell me what you think and leave a review. There is only one chapter left so keep reading.

A/N: This update is dedicated to Laura in Buenos Aries. Merry Christmas
Knocking On Heaven's Door by tahmoe
A/N: Warning!!! Character Death

Sunday

Buffy climbed out of bed, covering her mouth with one hand to run to the bathroom. She closed the door behind her then kneeled over the toilet to puke up yesterday's meal. Backing away from it, she pulled a towel from the rack above her head to wipe her mouth. She gripped the towel hard, knocking her forehead against it. The solitude of the bathroom had given her time to think. Between Las Vegas, school, money concerns and Spike, it had dawned on her she missed two periods. Since her cycles were irregular, she wasn't too concern, thinking she would get a pregnancy test to end her worry.

She exited the bathroom, looking over at Spike. He was still sleeping in the same position when she entered the bathroom. She picked up her clothes, smirking at how dingy her skirt and top looked. Instead of putting them back on, she searched through Spike's duffel bag for something to wear. She struggled to pull out a red button down shirt. It was barely budging so she reached both hands into the bag. She had felt something hard and heavy lying on top of the shirt. She pulled it out then quickly dropped it to the floor, shooting a quick look over at Spike. She pulled the red shirt out of the bag; eyeing the gun she'd dropped on the floor, wondering why he had it.

Spike's shirt hung low around her like a dress then she wrapped his black belt around her waist to give it an eighties look. She stashed the gun back into his bag and crept out of the room, carrying her shoes in her hands.
The early morning sun greeted her with open arms, making her feel better. She walked into a small mom and pop store across the street from the motel. She purchased a comb and brush set, a pair of shorts, a tank top, and a home pregnancy test. Buffy smiled at the older lady ringing up her purchases. The woman smiled back then became flushed when she picked up the pregnancy test. Buffy pretended the woman's reaction didn't affect her as she walked out the door glad the experience was over. Her next stop was the diner down the street. She ordered eggs, bacon, juice and some muffins to go.

Quietly, she entered the room relieved Spike was still asleep. Placing the items and food on the table, Buffy removed the test from the bag. She locked the bathroom door behind her, following the instructions on the box. She placed the stick on the bathroom sink and waited. Five minutes, later Buffy had her answer. She was pregnant. She figured she was about seven weeks, counting backwards to her last period up to now. There was no question that Spike was the father. Buffy had only slept with two men in her eighteen years, Spike being the third and the last. She used protection with him sometimes, rolling the dice with him other times and letting the heat of the moment influence her all of the other times. Now the reality of her actions had caught up to her, making her realize life wasn't always about living in the moment and doing whatever felt good. Life was happening now and the tears falling into her lap were real. She seated herself on the edge of the tub, looking down at her stomach, trying to picture herself pregnant but she couldn't. She was too young she thought, knowing her situation was going to change everything. She knew she wanted to be a mother someday, rubbing her hands across of her belly conflicted in her emotions.

Spike had awakened from his orgasmic stupor, searching for Buffy. He noticed the bathroom door was closed. He called out to her but she didn't answer. He climbed out of the bed and knocked on the door.

"Buffy"

"Go away Spike."

Spike twisted the knob of the front door, finding that it was locked.

"Buffy open the bloody door."

"No"

"What's wrong, luv?"

"Leave me alone."

Spike backed away from the door then kicked it in, startling Buffy. He looked at her, noticing her tear riddled eyes. He glanced over at the sink, moving his head in close to see the purple and white plastic object before him. He picked it up, seeing two red lines. He dropped it in the sink backing up against the bathroom door. His mouth was wide in shock. He looked at Buffy again but didn't say anything.

"Are you mad?" she asked.

Spike never wanted a girlfriend, never wanted children, and never planned for the future. Now, it was staring him in the face. This time he wasn't the one rolling the dice. Life had done it for him.

"No worries, so we're having a little one. It changes nothing." he replied, chuckling nervously.

Buffy responded by looking at Spike, thinking how he couldn't possibly be serious. Now she knew why it was all or nothing with him.

"How can you say that? It changes everything. I can't go with you to Mexico. It doesn't make sense now. I have to see a doctor." She said, walking pass him, facing the bed.

"Why so you can kill my child...that makes no sense, luv." Spike replied, walking up behind her. He encircled her in his arms, running his hands up and down her stomach. He kissed her shoulder, then her neck.

Feeling him pressed against her backside was suppose to make her think everything was going to be okay. Buffy knew she had to challenge him or nothing would stop Spike from treating everything so casually.

"It's wrong for us. You don't see it but I need to stop you."

"I can't let anybody stop me, luv."

"That's what I'm talking about Spike. You're twenty-six years old and you're still running."

"I know I have the devil dancing on my shoulder but I'm a good man, Buffy...just give me the chance." He said, moving his hands lower to rub his fingers up and down her pussy.

Buffy could feel herself melting at his words and touch. No matter how good it felt she had to continue challenging him.

"What will we do in Mexico once the money runs out?"

"Get more, keep going." Spike replied.

"How do we get more, become thieves?"

"I don't know. Why do you keep asking me questions about the future? I don't know about it...nobody knows about it...so fuck it, we roll the dice. As long as you love me then trust me when I say everything is going to be right as rain."

"I don't want to love you. I don't want to go with you."

"You love me...I know it."

"It doesn't matter if I love you."

"You love me...now say it."

Buffy started to cry.

"Say it" Spike shouted, turning her around to face him.

Buffy was still silent.

Spike released her, punching his fist into the wall. He grabbed her again.

"Alright then, if you say you don't love me then I'll go." Spike said, smirking and staring into her eyes.

Buffy was still silent.

"Go on, pet... say it...say it and I'll go. It's easy... say it." He shouted.

Buffy was still silent, staring into his eyes.

"You can't say it...can you?"

"I don't love you." She replied, looking away after the word don't.

"Liar...my little liar." Spike replied, kissing her and pouring every ounce of passion he had for her into it.

"Spike, please."

"Please what...make love to you." He replied, planting fevered kisses to her neck, face then back to her lips.

Buffy's head was spinning. She was giving into the passion as his mouth dominated hers.

"Yes"

Spike pulled away from her and smiled, unbuckling his belt from her waist and ripping the shirt open. He lowered her to the bed while his mouth found hers again. Their tongues intertwined lustfully. He kissed down her body, finding her erect nipples to bite and tease.

"Spike, you're insatiable." She whispered.

Spike looked up.

"So what, pet"

"I like it." Buffy replied, pulling him up to her by the shoulders to engage in a heated kiss.

Spike entered her, fucking her with a slow rhythmic motion while hovering above her.

"I know you love me. I can see it in her eyes. I feel it when I'm inside you just like this."

"Spike, I do love you...I do." Buffy whispered.

He lowered his head, taking hold of her lips with his as his body glided against hers. Buffy unleashed her passion and relinquished her soul as their pelvises rose and fell together in perfect synch. She moaned against his chest and neck. Spike gasped as Buffy took him in deeper and deeper. He was hitting her true hot spot and she was coming and coming hard. She cried out from the pleasure as it absorbed into every pore, every cell. Spike reached for her hands, locking them with his and bounding them to the bed while he pumped into her. The intensity of the moment ascended until it became overpowering. Spike came, whispering her name as a steady flow of hot semen filled her.

Spike called Dalton while Buffy slept, knowing she needed her rest. Everything was ready. He roused Buffy from her sleep, escorting her to the bathroom so the two could shower only to end up fucking again against the tiled wall. Finally, emerging clean and sated, they both dressed. Spike wanted to hot wire another car but decided against it, knowing it would take too much time to find the perfect one. He was going to take his chances with the Volkswagen since it was less suspicion form of transportation. He watched Buffy get dress, admiring her body as searched for signs of a bulging tummy.

"Ready, luv."

"I'm ready."

"Right, then...lets go."

Spike allowed Buffy to walk ahead of him out the door. He opened his duffel bag, pulling out the gun and tucking it in his waist. He was going to get rid of it. He stopped at a gas station to fill up, handing Buffy a one hundred dollar bill to pay for the gas and buy some snacks for the road.

"I'll be your last American food for a while, pet."

Buffy smiled as Spike patted her on the butt. She walked into the convenience store, looking for the most nutrition snacks she could find. She glanced over at the middle-aged woman eyeing her suspiciously, making Buffy feel uncomfortable. She looked away then walked behind some shelves, noticing the woman was still looking at her. She'd given up selecting her items carefully, wanting to hurry out of the store. She brought her items to the counter and noticed the clerk was missing. She called out for some help and then the woman reappeared from the back carrying a phone. The clerk seemed nervous while she rang up Buffy's items. Also, Buffy noticed the woman was taking her time scanning the items. She looked out the glass doors. Spike was sitting in the van, waiting for her. Finally when the woman finished, Buffy threw the money on the counter and ran out the store. She jumped into the passenger seat, looking at Spike with worry.

"Spike we have to get out of here now."

"It's too late, luv.' He replied, hearing the screaming sirens. He grabbed his duffel bag from the back seat. He pulled out his leather trench, handing it to Buffy.

"Here, put this on and don't ask me why."

"Spike its eighty degrees outside."

"Don't argue with me, pet. It will be clear to you later." He replied, looking out the back window, watching the police cars pull up.

"We can still make it. There are a hundred ways out of this town." Buffy replied.

Spike turned to her with his heart full of love. Tears filled his eyes, Buffy wanted to be with him to the bitter end. However, his time had run out and he wasn't going to drag her down with him. Spike had to let her go. He kissed her passionately then pulled away from her.

"Remember I'll always love you even in death. Take care of yourself and my child...make sure it a better life than I did."

Buffy looked at Spike with questioning eyes. She was confused why he was telling her this.

"Spike I'm scared. What are-?"

"Shhhh...put on the coat and don't say another word."

"But...I...I love you, too."

Spike smiled.

"I know you do." He replied, cupping her cheek then running his thumb across her bottom lip. Buffy kissed it. He closed his eyes, committing her beautiful face to memory. There wasn't much time. He jumped out of the van, running over to the to her side. He grabbed Buffy by the neck and shoulders, dragging her from the car. He pulled the gun from his waist, holding it to her head.

Detective Riley Finn and Forrest Graham along with nine other heavily armed cops pointed their guns at the lovers.

"Hold your positions, Riley shouted.

Spike whispered in Buffy ear, as he continued to drag her further and further away to the side of the building.

"Forgive me, luv but I have to do this."

Buffy did as she was told and didn't say a word. She understood what Spike was doing. She started to cry.

When Detective Finn saw Spike pulling Buffy around the side of the building, he radioed the sniper, waiting in position at a building across from the gas station. Unbeknownst to Spike he was placing himself right where Riley wanted him.

"Take the shot as soon as the girl is out of the way, over."

"Roger, that...over." The sniper replied.

The heel of Buffy's shoe had broken off from being dragged across the concrete. She and Spike stumbled but he managed to regain his balance while Buffy fell out of his arms. She looked up at him, seeing the concern on his expressive face only to see it splattered with blood from the bullet that pierced his chest. The force of the sniper's bullet knocked him backward but he didn't fall. However, the shot set off a chain reaction of other shots from the trigger-happy cops, riddling Spike's body with angry bullets. Buffy curled up into the fetal position, screaming and crying her eyes out.

"Cease fire" Detective Finn, shouted, hearing it repeated from cop to cop as the shooting came to an end.

Spike finally fell to the ground, crawling towards Buffy to grab a lock of her hair before dieing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three Years Later

Buffy parked in front of the daycare center, waiting for William to come rushing out. She couldn't wait to see her little spitfire. After several other children walked out the door, she saw him rushing pass them, almost knocking them down to get to her.

"Mommy"

"How's my little man...did you miss me?"

"Yeah"

"Did you have fun today?"

"Yeah"

Buffy smiled at the brown haired, blue-eyed boy while she helped him into the car.

"Now fasten your seat belt, William"

"Do I have to?"

"Yes, I don't want you bouncing around in the back seat." Buffy replied, laughing.

Little William smiled at his mother and Buffy lost it. He looked just like his father when he smiled at her. Quickly, she turned her head away, wiping the tears from her eyes. She waited a while before driving off; she needed to get herself together. Thoughts of Spike filled her head. She could still hear the gunshots, ringing in her ears. She had trouble sleeping for months after he was killed. She had taken a semester off from school to heal and see her doctor. She was indeed pregnant and glad she took the time off to prepare herself for the pregnancy. Her mother moved down from San Francisco to be help her out. Buffy had told her everything and was surprised her mother had taken it so well. Buffy figured it had something to do with her mother becoming a grandmother.

Buffy remembered when the police questioned her over and over again, finally concluding she was held against her will by Spike. Knowing she traumatized from her ordeal, they let her go without further hassle. When Buffy got home later that night, she cried and screamed until her eyes and insides hurt. She slept with Spike's trench coat for several weeks before finding out he hid the money inside the coat. The police knew nothing about it and Buffy wanted to keep it that way. She used the money to pay for college, graduating with honors. She moved out of her apartment and into a house, using some of the money as a down payment. There rest of the money was used to pay for her medical expenses after little William was born and investments for his future.

Also, Buffy found out she had gotten the internship at the art gallery. Understanding her ordeal, they held the position for her until she was ready to take it on. She thrived in the position and after successfully completing the internship she was promoted to manager then offered a partnership. Everything in her life was going well except her love life but that wasn't important. A few months ago, she ran into Detective Finn in the local grocery store and he asked her out on a date but she turned him down. Although it had been three years since Spike's death, Buffy still wasn't ready to get involved with any one. Little William was her priority and she was going to do everything humanly possible to insure he would have a good life just like his father wanted.

The End

A/N: I hoped everyone enjoyed the story as I enjoyed writing it for you.

A/N: I'm sorry I killed Spike but I warned you in the beginning there was more than one character death. Please forgive me and review.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=6277