Finding Love In Betrayal by tahmoe
Summary: Buffy Summers can't wait to escape the drama of home life to attend Sunnydale University. There she meets Spike and little does she know the drama is just beginning.
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: Adult Language
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 17 Completed: No Word count: 55193 Read: 22695 Published: 12/13/2004 Updated: 12/21/2005

1. Who's The Blonde? by tahmoe

2. Running Intereference by tahmoe

3. It Had To Be You by tahmoe

4. Friends With Benefits? by tahmoe

5. Something In Common by tahmoe

6. The Gang's All Here by tahmoe

7. A Question of Friendship by tahmoe

8. Bitch by tahmoe

9. No 'Hard' Feelings by tahmoe

10. Bad Timing by tahmoe

11. Right Girl, Wrong Time by tahmoe

12. Things Aren't What They Seem by tahmoe

13. There For You by tahmoe

14. Something To Talk About by tahmoe

15. Resolved? by tahmoe

16. On the Mend by tahmoe

17. Doubts by tahmoe

Who's The Blonde? by tahmoe
"Cordelia who is that?" Buffy asked, pointing to the gorgeous platinum blonde guy leaning against a car outside the building that housed her best friend's dormitory.

Cordelia looked in the direction Buffy was pointing, thinking she had to be talking about Spike. He was easy on the eyes.

"Oh that's Spike."

"You know him. Sure everyone knows Spike. He's a drama major here and he's had some parts in a few movies but they all went straight to video. He is really good though. I think he'll become famous one day. "

"Come on. I'll introduce you."

"No, that's okay. I'd rather go shopping."

"Okay, maybe you'll meet another time on your next visit."

Buffy and Cordelia hoped in Buffy's car. Before starting the car, she'd taken one last look at Spike.

"I think I'm going to like going here in the fall"

"What was that?" Cordelia asked

"Never mind"

The two girls sat in the food court and Buffy listened to Cordelia talk non-stop about all the crazy things she did with her new friend Faith. She tolerated the endless chatter because she didn't want her best friend to know she was secretly jealous. They both were suppose to attend Sunnydale University at the same time but Buffy's parents couldn't afford to send her to school right away. She was attending a two-year community and working part-time and would be attending Sunnydale University in the fall. She missed her best friend and hated being separated from her. They still remained close, talking on the phone all the time and Buffy would visit as often as she could. She'd spent a lot of time on campus with Cordelia meeting her new friends and Cordelia's handsome boyfriend Angel. He was the president of his fraternity Omega Kai and one of the most popular guys on campus. She scored him her first year at SU.

Buffy was looking forward to making a smooth transition into SU and escaping the drama going on at home. She had just ended a five-year toxic relationship with her cheating disease-infested boyfriend Riley and she was dealing with parent's recent separation. She wanted to go somewhere to heal the hurt and get over the anger that never seemed to want to go away. When she was asked to move into a four- bedroom townhouse with a friend and two other students who were going to be attending SU in the fall, she jumped at the chance. Her friend Anya worked with her at the Doublemeat Palace. They'd met in high school and didn't get along at first. Buffy was put off by Anya's bluntness and honesty but when Anya started working at the Doublemeat Palace, they became really good friends.

Everything was falling into place. The scholarships she received were enough to cover tuition and books for one year. Her parents had saved up enough money to cover her last year but not enough to support her living on her own. Residing on campus was too expensive but Buffy was able to keep her job and transfer to another Doublemeat Palace in Sunnydale. She, Anya, Oz and Amy were going to be splitting everything four ways, making it easy to afford living off campus. Now all Buffy needed to do was wait and in another three months she was going to be turning twenty-one and on her own.

"Buffy are you listening to me."

Buffy snapped out of her trance.

"I'm sorry Cordelia. I was just thinking about how cool it was going to be once I get to SU."

"Yeah, we are going to have so much fun."

"So where is your buddy Faith?"

"I don't know, probably on a date. I hope Spike doesn't find out."

"Spike? They're dating."

"Yeah, but Faith dates a lot of guys. Spike is just her favorite and clueless just the way Faith wants to keep it. She says he's special so she likes to make him think he's the only one."

"He sounds gullible."

"Maybe, Faith's a very good liar."

Buffy frowned then chuckled. She wasn't a fan of Faiths. Cordelia was spending a lot time with her and Buffy felt Faith was taking her place. However, the other part of her simply didn't trust her. Buffy had hung out with her a few times on her visits to SU. She prided herself on being a good judge of character quickly realizing Faith was a liar, having caught her in several the first time she met her. She lied about her grade point average, places she'd been, famous people she knew and the list was endless. She was enormous flirt, having watched her flirt with Angel and she was a thief. Buffy was relieved Cordelia didn't invite her along to go shopping.
The last time she was with Faith, Buffy found herself running through a mall parking lot from the cops. Faith had stolen several dresses from a department store and since Buffy was the only one with a car. She was an unwilling accomplice. Cordelia thought it was funny but Buffy wanted to kick her ass. She changed her mind when Faith had given her a dress she stole in Buffy's size.

Another thing Buffy didn't like about Faith was that she was the romp and roll type. Neither Buffy nor Cordelia slept around but Faith was a master at it. She had a reputation of being a sure thing. One night Cordelia called her crying. It turned she was being mistaken for the romp and roll type too. She was guilty by associate simply by being friends with Faith. Buffy never expressed her feelings about Cordy's new friend. She figured it would make things awkward between them. Cordelia really liked Faith. It was almost like she had her best friend under some type of spell but Buffy saw right through her. She'd kept her feelings to herself, hoping one day Cordy would find out for herself.


Buffy moved into her new home one week before school started. She liked her other two roommates immediately. Once she settled in, they all sat in there sparsely furnished living room and got to know each other. Amy was very outgoing and funny while Oz was cool and laid back. The four friends ordered pizza and Buffy invited Cordelia over. Everyone was getting along except Cordelia and Anya. Those two butted heads constantly. Buffy laughed, knowing her two friends didn't get along because they were so much alike. However, she made a mental note to keep the two separate in the future. After Cordelia dropped, Buffy off at her dorm. She spotted Spike walking across the campus. Buffy slumped down in the driver's seat, watching him greet a dark-haired woman in front of the building. She knew it wasn't Faith and never remembered seeing her around. Buffy continued to spy, trying to gauge their body language. They touched hands, laughed and hug but that didn't mean anything they could just be friends she thought. Tired of waiting, Buffy started up her car, driving past the couple. She looked at Spike who returned her gaze and Buffy felt her body go limp. The blue in his eyes was hypnotic. Quickly, she turned away, speeding out of parking lot.

A/N: Yes another story with my favorite couple and Faith. I can't resist the drama. I hope you like the story so far. Please review. I need it.

A/N: Oh and yes this story will be NC-17 but not for another chapter or two. :)
Running Intereference by tahmoe
Buffy and Cordelia were hanging out on the campus yard, a large space in the center of all the dormitories. It was an excellent spot for meeting and picking up the opposite sex. New and old faces mingled and the vibe was intoxicating. The night air was warm and filled with everything from rock to hip-hop music. Buffy was enjoying University life glad she was finished with community college. There were only two days left until the semester started and Buffy was psyched. She closed her eyes, tilting her head back, thanking God for helping her get there.

"Cordy this is so cool. I'm having a great time."

"Yeah, Friday nights on the yard are the best. You know this is the spot where I met my Angel."

"Speaking of Angel, when is he coming back?"

"He'll be hear tomorrow and I can't wait."

"Well, I guess I want be seeing you then."

"You got that right."

Buffy looked around the campus yard still soaking up the vibe until she heard a voice in the background talking to Cordy.

"Whose the bird with you, luv?" Spike asked.

Buffy stilled, wondering who was inquiring about her. She'd heard Cordelia say her name. She turned around, looking at Spike.

Spike's blue eyes locked with hers. Buffy had the same feeling in her limbs when she locked eyes with him that day she saw him outside Cordy's building three months ago.

"Hello, cutie" Spike said.

"Buffy...Spike....Spike...this is Buffy" Cordedia said casually.

"Hi... aren't you Faith's boyfriend?"

Spike closed his and shaking his from side to side.

"How many bloody times do I have to say it? I AM NOT FAITH'S BOYFRIEND."

"Yes you are" Cordy replied, smiling.

"I'M NOT"

"Mad, much?" Buffy replied

"Just tired of hearing it, pet"

"But you two date, right?"

"Something like that but that doesn't mean we're together. I don't have time for relationships."

"I see, so you date a lot then?"

"No...just don't want to be tied down is all"

Buffy changed the subject.

"So you're a drama major?"

"Been asking about me, luv." Spike smiled, tilting his head to the side.

"No, Cordy told me. She said you were going to be famous one day."

"I don't know about that, pet."

"Well if you're as good as she says you are, then maybe you will be."

"Well, I know I'm good." Spike replied, giving Buffy a wicked smile.

"And I don't think my acting sucks."

Buffy gulped at the sexual innuendo while she watched Spike walk over to her side of the bench. He was flirting with her.

"So what kind of name is Buffy?"

"What kind of name is Spike?"

"I asked you first."

"I asked you second."

Spike stared at Buffy and smiled. He liked her.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Just looking, pet."

Briefly, Buffy turned her head away. She was blushing and didn't want Spike to see. She liked him.

Cordelia leaned in close, listening to her friends getting along. She raised an eyebrow, thinking maybe a little too well but she didn't interrupt.

"Has anyone ever told you how pretty you are?"

"Ummm maybe once or twice." Buffy said, jokingly.

"No really you are."

Buffy stopped smiling and looked into his eyes. Spike was serious.

"I can't remember but I like the way you say it. I love your accent. How long have you lived in the United States."

"Since I was eight. I still visit London every chance I get. It keeps the accent fresh...gives me a slight advantage over the competition."

Buffy raised an eyebrow, wondering if he was talking about acting or the opposite sex.

They talked non-stop, ignoring Cordy and everything else around them. They didn't even notice Spike's best friend Xander and his friend Willow had joined them. The two were in their own little world captivated by what the other had to say oblivious to how close they were sitting.

Buffy laughed when Spike did an impression of Benny Hill. She covered her mouth with one hand while the other touched his knee. Quickly, she removed it.

"I'm sorry."

"No harm done, pet."

They smiled at each other, holding their gaze when suddenly a fight broke out on the yard. Everyone was scrambling to get out of the way from flying fists and people bumping into each other. Spike grabbed Buffy close to him, placing her legs across his lap. Strangely, he'd felt the need to protect her. The fighting continued until the campus police intervened, kicking everyone off the yard.

Cordelia noticed Spike holding on to Buffy and how her friend seemed very comfortable. She didn't like what she was seeing.

"I guess we better call it a night guys." Cordy said.

"No, its still early. I still want to hang." Spike replied, looking at Buffy.

"Me too" Willow said.

"So do I" Xander, replied.

Buffy looked at Cordelia.

"I don't want to go home." She said, realizing she was still in Spike's arms. She looked into his eyes, managing a half-smile. They parted slowly.

"I got an idea. Let's go to the park. We'll get some beer and some chips." Spike said, with enthusiasm.

"And twinkies, we can't forget twinkies." Xander replied.

Cordelia really didn't want to return back to the dorm. She'd felt she needed to say something to break up the coziness between Buffy and Spike.

Everyone piled into Buffy's car. Cordelia, Willow, and Xander set in the back seat while Spike rode in the front with Buffy. Several conversations were going on at once but Spike and Buffy were silent, glancing over at each other. Cordy noticed the exchanges. She folded her arms across her chest aware of their attraction.

Spike and Buffy volunteered to buy the beer and chips. They walked around the convenience store grabbing random items. Spike was throwing things at Buffy and she tried to catch them, laughing but dropping everything.

"Hey slow down. I only got two hands."

"You need to learn how to keep up, pet."

"What was that?"

Spike walked up to Buffy, lowering his voice to a sexy whisper. I said you need to learn how to keep up. You never know when someone might come along and sweep you off your feet."

Buffy swallowed hard, staring into Spike's eyes wondering if he was talking about himself.

"I...I think we have enough. You got the beer."

"Got it, pet"

Cordelia watched her the couple through the brightly lit windows of the convenience store. A blind man could see they were attracted to each other. It was time she said something before things between Buffy and Spike went any further.

Everyone jumped out of the car, walking towards one of many pavilions located on the park grounds. Cordelia lagged behind on purpose until she was shoulder to shoulder with Buffy while everyone else was ahead of them.

"Buffy what are you doing?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about Spike."

"What?"

"You like him and I think he likes you too."

"So"

"So, you know he's dating Faith which means he's off limits."

"I do like him. He's really cool and I haven't forgotten he's with Faith."

"I'm glad you said that because I don't think it's a good idea for you two to get so close. You know since we're all friends. It would make things difficult. You know what I mean."

"I understand. Look we're just having some fun...just harmless flirting."

Buffy knew Cordy was right. It wasn't a good idea to get involved with Spike. Although she was wildly she was wildly attracted to him, she knew it was for the best not to act on it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Look at them. He's giving her a piggy back ride." Xander said, watching Spike and Buffy play around.

"They'd both drunk." Willow replied.

"Yeah, they are. They probably want even remember it tomorrow."

"This is so wrong. I can't believe I'm seeing this." Cordy, responded.

"What's the big deal...they're just having fun." Xander replied.

"They're having too much fun. It's so obvious they're hot for each other and I don't want to be a witness to it. I mean look at them. It's foreplay."

"Cordy, drink your beer and relax." Willow said.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spike and Buffy sat across from each other about 100 feet away from the rest of their friends. Neither of them knew when exactly they separated from the rest of the group nor did they care.

"What's your greatest fear?" Buffy asked.

"Being alone"

"Mine too"

"Who's your favorite band?"

"Bush"

"And yours?"

"The Sex Pistols.'

"Who?"

"The Sex Pistols. It's a punk band."

"Sorry, never heard of them"

"You will."

Buffy grinned at Spike, realizing he was talking in future tense.

"Its getting late, I think me need to head back."

"I guess you're right, luv. Come on." Spike said, helping Buffy to her feet. She fell against him trying to gain her balance still buzzing from the three beers she drank. Spike grabbed her by the hand, holding it against his chest. Buffy looked into his eyes. Spike pulled her closer, lowering his head to kiss her. Buffy's raised her head to meet his lips.

"Hey you guys lets go." Cordy shouted, ending the couple's moment.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since Cordelia was the more sober one, she drove Buffy's car back to campus. Xander, Spike, and Buffy sat in the back seat, cracking jokes that only they seemed to get. Although Buffy's back seat was roomy, they sat very close to each other with their legs touching.

Cordelia checked the rearview mirror, watching them with scrutiny. She almost swerved off the road when she saw Spike place his arm behind Buffy then swerved again when it dropped to Buffy's shoulder. She increased the speed on the way back, trying to give them very little time to get friendlier.

Buffy and Spike continued to joke and laugh while the others remained silent then out of nowhere, Spike stuck in his tongue into Buffy's ear. She tilted her head to the side, reaching up to wipe the excess saliva from her ear. She looked at Spike and they both broke out in hysterical laughter. Everyone in the car looked over at them to see what was so damn funny.

Cordelia parked the car in front of her building. Everyone climbed out. Willow and Xander returned to their dorms while Cordelia, Spike and Buffy remained outside. It was an awkward moment.

"So Cordy when is Angel arriving?" Spike asked.

"Tomorrow"

There was an awkward silence.

"When is Faith coming back?" Cordy asked, already knowing the answer.

"Don't know"

Buffy looked at Cordelia, smirking at her best friend's attempt at giving her a reality check.

"Oh screw this. Look its obvious you two like each other. Faith is my friend and I don't like what's happening here. I love you two to death but there is no way you two are hooking up. There I said it. I'm going to bed now. Buffy I'll talk to you later. Goodbye Spike."

Neither Spike nor Buffy responded to Cordy's outburst as they watched her enter the building.

"She's right you know."

"Well, I don't bloody care. I like you and I want to see you again. Its not like I meant for this to happen. It just did." Spike said, stepping closer to Buffy.

"I like you too but this thing that's happening between us has to end right here. No matter how much I like you. I can't let this come between Cordy and I so lets just say goodbye and I'll see you around. I guess."

Buffy stood on her tiptoes to kiss Spike on the cheek.

"It was nice but we can't. " She said, opening her car door.

Spike watched her drive off, placing his hand over the spot touched by her soft lips.
It Had To Be You by tahmoe
Buffy had a light breakfast before heading off to her first class. It was a perfect Monday morning. The sun was shining and the humidity predicted by the weatherman was hours away. Buffy walked around campus beaming while many of the other students looked like zombies. She was always excited about the first day of school from kindergarten through high school and college was no different.

Buffy's next class was located on the other side of campus. It was going to be a long walk. She'd taken a shortcut across the student union building and it was there she noticed a group of hot guys standing around. She considered making up an excuse to go inside but she didn't want to be late. Unable to take her eyes off the yummy sight, Buffy stopped in her tracks when the sun reflected in her eyes causing her to stumble on her feet. She dropped her books, managing to recover with minimal embarrassment, gathering them back into her arms. Buffy was still distracted, taking several more glances until she saw him. Spike was one of the hot guys. Quickly, Buffy turned her head, pretending not to see him. She knew if she did, walking away from a second time was going to be difficult.

Despite telling him they couldn't go any further then that night, Buffy felt she'd made a mistake. Down playing Friday night like any other good time with friends was hard. She struggled with her attraction for him but she was unable to fight it. Buffy liked him a lot never clicking with a guy so well upon the first meeting. Everything they talked about, everything they did and wanted to do had felt right. However, she wanted to honor Cordelia's wishes. Buffy knew it was best not to get involved with Spike for the sake of her friendship with Cordy and her friendship or lack there of with Faith. Although it seemed wrong from others perspective, her heart was telling her it was right and Buffy was good at following her heart.

Spike's morning was looking up when he spotted Buffy walking across campus. He hadn't seen her since Friday and didn't think he could go another day. He knew if he asked Cordy for her phone number or even where she lived she wouldn't tell him. He wanted to convince Buffy they should pursue what they both were feeling. Seeing her walk across his path
had to be a sign he thought. There were hundreds maybe even thousands of California blondes bleached and natural that attended SU but none had caught his attention quite like Buffy. She was hard to miss. Her beautiful blonde hair absorbed the sunlight making it shimmer. Her smile and sparkling green eyes only added to her beauty. She was a golden Goddess, taking his breath away. He called out to her.

"Buffy" He shouted.

Buffy stopped, watching Spike run over to her. As soon as he approached he'd picked her up and twirled her around.

"Hello, luv. I was hoping I would see you again." Spike said, placing Buffy back on her feet.

"Wow that was some hello. How have you been?" she asked, trying to catch her breath.

"Missing you."

Buffy blushed. Spike knew just what to say to make a person feel special.

"I can't believe out of all these people here I run into you and can't find Cordelia anywhere."

"It's fate pet. We were meant to find each other."

"Don't say that"

"Why... because you know I'm right. Look, here's my phone number. Call me sometime. I know what you said but we can at least be friends. Friends do call each other right?""

Buffy looked into Spike's eyes, realizing he had a point. The shared the same friends and were bound to keep running into each other. If they weren't going to become anything more, then they could at least be friends she thought, giving him her number.

"Well it was nice talking to you but I have to go. I have a class on the other side of campus and if I don't leave now, I'm going to be late."

"Can I walk you?"

Buffy hesitated but agreed. They talked nonstop the entire way engulfed in conversation about where to get the best pizza. Spike liked Pizza Hut while she preferred Dominos. It was the second topic they disagreed on, getting involved being their first.

They stopped in front of the Liberal Arts building almost walking past it until Buffy noticed they were entering a parking a lot, leading off campus.

"Well, here we are. I guess I better go inside now." Buffy said, looking into Spike's eyes not wanting to say goodbye.

"I guess so. Thanks for letting me walk you. I guess I'll see you around then, pet." He replied, wanting to kiss her.

Finally Buffy broke the tension and said goodbye, entering the building but peeking through the glass square cut outs to see Spike still standing there looking back at her. Her heart had skipped a beat and she felt butterflies in her stomach. She looked at her watch. She was five minutes late but spending it with him was worth it she thought.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Later that day, Cordy and Buffy waited impatiently for Faith to get dressed. Cordy suggested the three girls go to the gym for a work out. Originally, the two best friends were going but like usual Cordy invited Faith along without telling her. All three were prepared to leave when the telephone rang. Faith rushed back inside to answer it, gesturing for them to wait. Buffy huffed then looked at Cordy.

"Why don't we just forget it...I'm tired of waiting on her."

"Hold on, she shouldn't be much longer."

"Fine, I'll wait in the hallway."

Buffy hated waiting on other people. She needed to kill some time so called Spike from the hallway payphone. He answered on the first ring.

"Hello"

"Hi, its me."

"Buffy"

"How'd you know?"

"You're a hard one to forget." Spike said.

"Thank you...that was sweet."

"What are you doing, pet?"

"Waiting for your girl."

"My girl and whom might that be?"

"Faith"

"Not funny, luv.

"I'm sorry."

"Where are you birds headed?"

"We're going to work out."

There was a brief silence.

"I want to see you. Do you think that's possible?" Spike asked.

"Maybe"

"Meet me over by the tennis courts."

"Now...I can't just leave."

"Yes you can. It's easy. Hang up the phone and walk out the door. It's only a short distance. You'll be back in no time...please."

The sound of Spike's voice made it hard to say no. Buffy could picture the look on his chiseled face and the dark hue his eyes seem to take when he wanted something.

"Okay, I'll leave now."

Buffy left the dorm without telling her friends, thinking she would be back soon. Spike was right it was a short distance. He was already there waiting for her.

"Did you run?"

"Maybe"

"Its really dark back here. If it wasn't for your hair, I wouldn't be able to see you."

"Joking about the hair, pet?"

"I'm sorry did I hurt your feelings." Buffy replied, laughing.

"Of course you didn't Olivia?"

"Olivia?"

"You know Olivia Newton John...what's with the head and wrist bands pet?"

Buffy laughed then smiled at him, "two shay"

"I guess you're going to be sweating a lot?"

"It depends on what I'm doing."

Spike raised his scared eyebrow while Buffy grinned, only confirming their attraction for each other.

"I have to go before Cordy and Faith come looking for me. If they find me here, I don't think I can explain why I standing in a secluded dark area alone."

"Don't go, stay a while longer, pet"

"As much as I would love to. I can't."

"Why do you keep running away from me?" Spike asked, moving closer to her.

"You know why."

"Oh right, your bloody friends."

"They're your friends too. Why do you act like its not important?"

"I don't care. I like you Buffy and I want to keep seeing you."

"What about Faith?"

"What about Faith, luv? She's not my bloody wife. I'm not committed to her. I'm not committed to anyone."

Logic was telling Buffy to walk away but her attraction for him overruled everything. Spike had made it clear he wasn't with Faith or anyone else. She looked into his eyes, concluding there was nothing else more to say.

Spike grabbed her by the waist, lowering his head. When their lips met, Buffy felt the undeniable chemistry flow through her. The kiss deepened sweeping her off her feet. Spike tightened his hold on her while they slowly moved their tongues together. They mutually parted when the bright headlights of a car shined on them and the sound of laughter erupted in the background. Luckily, it was no one either of them knew.

"I have to go." Buffy said turning to run off but Spike grabbed her by the arm.

"Wait", call me when you get back."

"I will."

Buffy had given Spike a quick kiss on the lips. She was halfway back to the dorms when she saw Cordy and Faith approaching. She breathed a sigh of relieve glad she left when she did.

"Where have you been and why are you back here. We thought you left us." Cordy said, looking around.

"Yeah, B. You could have told us you were leaving."

Using the sound of the university band playing in the background, Buffy replied, "I was tired of waiting so I decided to go listen to the band rehearse for next weeks game. Are you ready to go now? I need to burn off some of this energy."

"I know what you mean. I have some energy to burn too but more like sexual energy. I haven't gotten laid since I've been back." Faith responded.

"Well instead of coming with us, why don't you call one of your boy toys to help you out."? Buffy replied, hoping Faith would consider it. She wanted to talk to Cordy about Spike.

"Well, I tried calling Spike but Xander said he was out but I will call him when we get back. I missed him."

Buffy looked over at Faith. "You haven't seen Spike since you've been back."

"Nope. I think he's avoiding me."

"Why do you say that?" Buffy inquired.

"I've called him a couple of times and he hasn't returned any of my calls. Yesterday, I went to his room but Xander said he was out. I didn't believe him. Xander's such a bad liar. Hell, I don't know...maybe he's dumping me for someone else. I must say she's a lucky girl. Spike is awesome in bed."

"You're just paranoid. School just started maybe he hasn't settled in yet." Buffy replied, shocked she allowed those words slip out of her mouth. She was glad Spike was avoiding her but she had to play it smart and keep her feelings for him in check.

"I don't usually chase guys. It's always been the other way around but I really like Spike."

"Only because the sex is good." Cordy replied, laughing.

"It's not just that although I have to hand it to him. He knows his way around the female form. Faith said, smiling as if recalling a moment. "Spike's different. He talks to me...makes me feel special. I can be myself around him and tell him anything. He listens... you know. He doesn't always try to get me in bed."

"That's because you're the one always trying to get him in bed."

"Shut up Cordy. You know it's more than that. Spike's special."

"I'm just calling it like I see it. I know how 'special' he is to you...when he's screwing your brains out that is. You only care about him when he's ignoring you. As soon as he starts showing you some attention, you think he's smothering you and then you start to ignore him."

Buffy wanted the conversation to end. She'd felt conflicted and unprepared when Faith spilled her heart out about Spike. However, she understood what Faith was talking about it, feeling the same way about him.

"Hey, thanks for listening B despite the unsolicited remarks from your friend over here." Faith said, smirking at Cordelia.

"You're welcome. Lets get out of here." Buffy replied.

A moment had passed between the two women that Buffy didn't expect. Faith had confided in her and Buffy was surprised she cared. Some guilt started to set in but she dismissed it when Faith started going on and on about the other guys she was dating. Buffy couldn't believe Faith was seeing two guys that lived in the same dorm as Spike and another guy living on the same floor. Also, Faith had a long-term boyfriend back home in Boston. As far as Buffy was concerned, Faith didn't care about Spike.

After returning from their workout, the three girls hung out in Faith's room. Cordy was discussing the upcoming fraternity party at the Omega Kai house while Faith looked through her little black book. Buffy pretended to listen but her thoughts were on Spike. She wanted to call him. Finally, she blurted out she was going home, interrupting Cordy.

"Well that was rude."

"I'm sorry but I'm tired. I'll call you later. Goodbye, Faith."

"Later B."

Buffy was about to walk out the door until she heard Faith say she was going to call Spike. She stopped in the doorway, pretending some pictures on Faith's wall were holding her interest. She tried to figure out by Faith's words how the conversation was going until Faith slammed the phone down.

"What's up?" Cordy asked.

"He says he's busy and that he would talk to me later. Well if he thinks I'm going to be waiting by the phone, he can forget it. I have a date anyway."

"See you guys."

Cordy and Faith looked at Buffy.

"I thought you were already gone." Cordy replied.

"I was...I mean I am...see ya"

Buffy used the payphone in the hallway to call Spike.

"I was waiting for your call. I talked to Faith so I knew you were back."

"I was in the room...talk about uncomfortable."

"I'm glad you called."

"Me to"

"Are you going home now?"

"I guess so. Why?"

"I want to see you again. Pick me up by the tennis courts."

"Okay"

Buffy parked on a newly paved street located in a new housing development fifteen minutes from campus. No one had moved into the homes yet so the area was dark and deserted.

"How was the workout?"

"It was good. I sweated a lot."

"I know. I can smell you." Spike replied, jokingly.

"What?"

"I'm just kidding, luv. I was trying to get you to smile. What's wrong?"

"How do you know something's wrong?"

"You're quite."

"What are you trying to say...I talk too much?"

"No but I can tell something's bothering you. Care to talk about it?"

Buffy turned to him.

"When I heard Faith say she was going to call you. I was jealous and hoping you wouldn't see her. I'm mad at myself. It's too soon to be feeling this way about you but I can't bring myself to stop."

Spike touched Buffy's cheek, staring into her eyes. She grabbed his hand and kissed it, staring back into his. Both of them leaned into each other, brushing their lips against the others. Spike placed small kisses to both her top and bottom lips before running his tongue between them. She captured his tongue, sucking on it gently until it was completely in her mouth. Together their tongues tangled back and forth, around and around.

Buffy held onto his hand and Spike gripped hers tighter. The kissing became more intense as they explored the depth of each other's mouths. Hands begun to wonder to each other's shoulders, neck, and face. They clung to each other, kissing like they'd been doing it all along. It was natural and knowing, hot and passionate. Buffy was feeling the dampness collect between her thighs. Spike was an excellent kisser and stopping was out of the question. The more kisses she showered on him the more she received in return.

Spike was devouring her mouth. The softness of Buffy's lips made him never want to stop kissing her. The mixture of sweat and vanilla musk on her skin aroused him. There was something primitive about it that turned him on. He licked the saltiness from her neck while Buffy stroked his erection. He groaned from the friction pulling her onto his lap as she outstretched her body along his. She pressed it against him and reclined the seat. He caressed her ass, grinding his hardness into her, kissing her deeply. Buffy lifted his t-shirt, running her hands over his hard chest. The feel of his erection pressed against her erect clit made it throb. Spike's hands trailed under her sport's bra pinching her nipples. She moaned, holding his hand in place and showering him with wet erotic kisses over his lips. They touched and kissed for hours finally ending when Buffy achieved an unexpected orgasm and Spike's cock stuck to his jeans. The gates leading to passion had opened and they both knew there was no turning back.

A/N: I hope you liked the chapter. Please review, I need it.
Friends With Benefits? by tahmoe
Anya knocked on Buffy's bedroom door. Buffy shouted for her to come in, sitting up and resting her head against the headboard. Anya seated herself on the edge of the bed grinning with excitement. Buffy looked at Anya with questioning eyes.

"What?"

"You know what. I came down the stairs this morning and I saw Spike leaving. So I guess he stayed the night?"

"You guessed right."

"Did you sleep with him?"

Buffy smiled but didn't say anything.

"Well I'm guessing the answer is yes, judging by the way you're glowing. You don't have to tell because I could hear you down the hall."

"Liar"

"Ah huh...so you did sleep with him."

"Okay...yes...we finally slept together."

"I knew it. So tell me how was it?"

Buffy covered her hands over her face then ran them through her bed-matted hair.

"It was the best sex I've ever had."

Anya's mouth dropped open listening to Buffy and seeing her eyes light up as a calm washed over her face.

"It took you two long enough. I would have done him the night you told about the dry fucking in the car. So he was that good?"

"Anya it was my body was exploding from the moment I saw him naked to when I felt him inside me. I had never experienced anything like it. It was like his dick was calling to me, Buffy...Buffy."

Anya couldn't keep her mouth closed as she stared at Buffy trying to get some idea what it was like.

"Was he big?"

"God, yes. I touched it...you know to see what I was up against. Spike has a large long penis. I was scared and it did hurt a little bit. I could feel him stretching me but he was gentle the first time. We had to take our time... feel each other out but once our bodies were in tune, it was like wow."

"How many times?"

"Three"

"Did you have lots of orgasms?"

"Anya I didn't know that it was possible to have as many as I did. Spike wore me out. At one point, when he finally went to sleep unlike me. I was on the opposite end of the bed breathing like I had been running a race, staring at him and hoping he wouldn't wake up. The man is insatiable and definitely knows what he's doing. I have no complaints."

"How many positions?"

"Just two...I told you he was big. I have to work my way up. Besides, you don't show all your skills the first time anyway. It's like a sex rule or something."

"Are you going to tell Cordy?"

Buffy frowned.

"You mean she still doesn't know about you and Spike."

"Are your crazy? She would flip. Spike and I are fine keeping it to our selves. The only people who know about us is of course you, Oz, Amy, and Xander and I want to keep it that way."

"You know it's just going to be a matter of time before someone you don't want to know finds out. I can't believe you've kept it a secret for two months. I'm a true believer in what you do in the dark always come to light. I don't see what the big deal is anyway. If Cordy is your friend, she'll get over it and who cares about Faith. She has plenty in her stable."

Buffy knew she could get it straight from Anya. Everything she was saying made perfect sense. There was nothing she could say.

"Don't you feel just a little guilty about what you're doing. I mean you hang out with Faith and Cordy has been your best friend since the third grade."

"You know at times I do, especially when she starts confiding in me about him. I totally didn't see it coming. For some reason, Faith thinks I'm the one she needs to talk to about Spike. Do you know she actually told me she was thinking about giving up all the other guys she was seeing to date him exclusively?"

"You're kidding. I don't see that happening with Faith. What did you tell her?"

"Well at first I laughed but then I realized she was serious. Then I said to her that I didn't think Spike was the committed type. Faith claimed she could change that."

"So did you tell Spike what she said?"

"Oh no, I don't discuss what she tells me with Spike as a matter of fact we don't talk about Faith at all."

"Is he still seeing her?"

"I'm going to say no. We're together all the time. Between classes and me, I don't know when he would have the time."

"Well he is going to have a lot of free time when you start work at the Double Meat Palace."

"We'll be alright. Besides he's not my boyfriend."

Anya laughed.

"The way you two are with each other you could have fooled me. You go out on dates, you talk on the phone for hours, and he's here at least three times a week. I smell boyfriend. Have you two even discussed it?"

"No, its like we're so comfortable with each other and we say it to each other that all the time. It's never come up. Spike told me a long time ago he wasn't committed to anyone and plus I'm still getting over Riley. We're friends that's for sure, lovers no doubt...boyfriend and girlfriend...I don't know."

Anya couldn't believe what she was hearing. She folded her arms across her chest, crinkling her brow.

"Do you hear yourself? God, you sound so naïve. Hello, earth to Buffy...don't you think you two need to make it clear just exactly what you're doing. I know for a fact he's the only guy you're seeing. How would you feel if you found out he was seeing other people especially Faith? I don't think you would like it very much."

Buffy knew Anya had a point. Her feelings for Spike were growing deeper everyday.

"You're right I wouldn't like it."

"Then you have to say something or you gonna set yourself up for some serious heartbreak."

"Why would you say that? I don't think Spike would deliberately hurt me."

"Maybe but I know you have feelings for him and now that you two have done the deed they're just going to get deeper. Women have trouble separating love from sex. Guys are a lot better at that sort of thing. They have no problem separating the two. It's like their programmed that way or something."

"Who says I love him?"

"Oh honey, its written all over your face. I can hear it in your voice when you talk about him, I can see it in your eyes when you look at him. If you don't love him, then you're well on your way."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spike crept into his room, trying not to wake a snoring Xander. He was exhausted. Spending the night with Buffy left him drained but it was worth it he thought. Their first time was everything he imagined it would be. It was some of the best sex he'd ever had. She was running a close first with Faith and it was only their first time, putting Drusilla at a solid third. He undressed and got under the covers. As soon as he closed his eyes, the sound of Xander's voice made him open them.

"Well, well, well...look what the cat drug in...good morning...long hard night?"

"Morning, mate"

"Tell me if I'm wrong but I would say you spent the night at Buffy's."

"You are correct...what's it to you?"

"Oh nothing, I just thought I'd mention it. I didn't think you two were that serious. I mean it's the first time you stayed the night over there."

"So"

"So...that's a big deal. It's like she's your girlfriend."

"She's not my girlfriend."

"I have ten bucks that says she is. I can bring in at least three guys who will agree with me."

"Xander I don't want to take your money but you're on."

Xander climbed out of his bed, opening the door to the busy hallway. He pulled in three random guys.

"Parker let me ask you a question, Spike here has this girl he's been seeing for what two months? Xander asked, looking over at Spike. "I would say out of a seven day week he spends at least three of those days with her going out on dates, the other four are spent either with her on campus or talking to her on the phone. Now in your opinion, would you say she is his girlfriend?'

"Depends...did he fuck her yet?"

Both men looked at Spike for the answer.

"A gentlemen never tells." Spike replied.

"I'll take that as a yes" Xander said.

"My answer would have to be, yes. Dude, you're only suppose to have your dirty way with them not spend any real time with them. Girls eat that shit up. The next thing you know. She'll want to have 'the talk'. Before you know it, there is a ball and chain attached to your leg."

'Thank you, my man." Xander replied.

He moved on to the next guy.

"Scott my boy, what do you think?"

"Dude, she's your girlfriend...get out now why you still have your testicles."

"And last but not least, Clem."

"Girlfriend...can I go now? I'm missing breakfast."

"Thank you my fine gentlemen." Xander said, opening the door to usher them out the room.

"Pay up..loser"

"Bollocks, it proves nothing but I'll pay you."

"Spike man you're in your last year of college then you're off to Hollywood Now is not the time to settle down with someone. It was cool when we were freshmen."

"I'm not tieing myself down?"

"Well I haven't seen Faith or Drusilla around lately and you've been dodging their phone calls and not to mention using me as a shield not that I'm complaining but how long do you plan on keeping this illicit affair a secret?"

"Xander...I'll admit I'm crazy about Buffy. I feel good when I'm around her. She understands me and what I want to do with my acting. She's been really supportive and easy to talk to. I can't treat her like the others. She's different...special even. That doesn't make her my girlfriend. It's like shes the right girl for me but at the wrong time. Do you know what I mean, mate? "

"Don't get me wrong man. I like Buffy. She's cool but you have two hot chicks and not to mention countless others chasing after you. Any man in his right mind would take advantage of that."

"Who says I haven't?"

"I say...when was the last time you saw Drusilla or Faith."

"I was with Drusilla three days ago and she was very happy to see me. As for Faith, I'm thinking about ending it with her anyway. We're double dating with Cordy and Angel tonight. I plan on telling her its over."

"Before or after you sleep with her."

"Come on mate, how long have you known me...of course after...now let me get some sleep."
Something In Common by tahmoe
Xander's head shot up quickly when he saw Spike enter the room. He was curious why Spike was back so early from his date with Faith.

"What are you doing here?"

"I couldn't do it, mate."

"Do what?"

"I couldn't have sex with her."

"Please tell me you're joking."

"There we were kissing and groping then nothing. It didn't feel right to me."

"Why?"

"I couldn't stop thinking about Buffy. I felt like I was cheating on her."

Xander smirked.

"I don't get it. You were with Drusilla just a couple of days ago. What makes Faith so different...how could you do one and not the other?"

"Well, I didn't exactly do Drusilla"

"You told me she was VERY happy to see you. What I'm I suppose to think?"

"I was a spectator of sorts. She and another bird were shagging while I watched. She wouldn't let me join in because I haven't been coming around lately but I was fine with that."

Xander looked at his friend with shock.

"Dude why didn't you tell me or at least call me?"

"Like I said before, a gentlemen never tells."

"Admit it already, Buffy is your girlfriend whether you like it or not."

"I guess you're right but I can't Xander. I mean I care about her but the timing is wrong."

"I know...I know...right girl, wrong time. Maybe you should cool things with her and just be friends minus the sex of course."

"Maybe you're right."

"Well while you're thinking about that I'm going to find Faith and finish the job."

"Oh no you don't" Spike said, grabbing Xander by the collar of his shirt.

"Did you at least end it with her?"

"No, I just got the hell out of there."

"What did she say when your balloon started to deflate."

"She gave me this speech about how it happens to lots of guys."

"That means she was pissed"

"No worries, she'll get it over...did Buffy call?"

"About an hour ago"

Spike picked up the phone to return Buffy's call. When she answered, he felt butterflies in his stomach.

"Hello, luv."

"Hello, handsome"

"What are you doing?"

"Lying in bed thinking about you."

"You lie."

"I'm serious. I miss you. I want to see you."

"I want to see you too pet but it's getting late and I have an 8AM class in the morning."

"I just want to see your face, give you a kiss and then I'll leave."

Spike knew he couldn't turn her down and agreed to a quick visit.

"Alright then, I'll meet out front."

"Give me about thirty minutes."

Buffy was excited about seeing Spike, deciding to give him a little surprise in the process.
------------------

Cordy knocked on Faith's door anxious to find out what happen between her and Spike. All four of them had returned to the Omega Kai house after the movie was over. She and Angel retired to his room while she and Spike stayed in a spare room. It was quite obvious no one was going to get any sleep. However, when she dressed to leave, she noticed the room was empty. Angel walked her back to the dorm and she headed straight for Faith's room. She answered the door, dressed in a different outfit then the one she wore on their date.

"Hey, what's going on? I thought you were with Spike."

"Well, I was but Blondie was having trouble closing the deal."

"Noooooooo"

"Yes, what a waste of a night. If I knew I wasn't going to get laid, I would have never agreed to go on this date."

"He did seem distracted. He kept looking at his watch and over his shoulder like somebody was after him."

"You noticed that too huh? I don't know what's been up with him lately. The last two months with him have been up and down, up and down. We finally get to spend some time together and he totally flakes on me."

"What do you think is going on...do you think he's seeing someone else?"

"I do but I wouldn't ask him."

"Do you want me to do it?"

"Would you do that for me?"

"Of course, what are friends for?"

"Thanks, Cord...walk me out."

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to get my kicks while I'm still young enough to get them. I'm meeting a hot piece of ass at the Bronze."

The two brunettes exited Faith's room, giving each other a quick hug before Faith stepped into the elevator.
-----------------------

Buffy pulled in front of Spike's building. She stopped him from getting inside the car.

"Wait" she said, climbing out.

"What's wrong, luv?"

"I want to show you something."

Spike was wondering why Buffy was wearing a trench coat on such a hot muggy night. He watched her untie the coat, revealing black lace briefs with the matching lace bra. His jaw dropped. She looked stunning. Wide-eyed and salivating he approached her, wrapping his arms around her waist to ravage her mouth.

Buffy could feel his hardness grinding into her as they kissed. Getting the reaction she wanted, she pulled away.

"Goodnight" she said, climbing back into her car and driving away. Buffy could see Spike in her rear view mirror, standing in front of his building, speechless.

Buffy opened the front door to her apartment. Right away, she noticed Anya standing in the foyer, holding the telephone.

"It's for you." She said, smiling.

"Hello"

"Aren't we just full of surprises?"

"Why, Mr. Spike what on earth do you mean?"

"You're a naughty girl."

"Did you like it?"

"You're joking right, luv."

"I want to hear you say it."

"I loved it....Now I have a surprise for you. I want you to close your eyes and listen."

"The day's mercy singing...rain...a drop of wetness...in the curve of a collarbone...kissing your neck or in the valley of a hip...singing your thigh...I have been thinking 'bout you all day...my lips curled in an O... blowing harmonies."

Buffy's lips parted as she imagined Spike lying beside her in bed whispering his words into her ear. After he finished, she responded the best way she knew how.

"Anticipating your caress...I lie facing the door and smile wet kisses in secret space"

Spike almost dropped the phone when her beautiful words graced his ears. She'd surprised him again. He never told her he was into poetry, thinking she would find it rather gay of him. He underestimated her.

"That was beautiful...you're beautiful...why did you leave?"

"A deals a deal...now get some sleep...remember you're the one with the early class tomorrow."

"No don't hang up...talk to me for a little while...please."

Spike and Buffy talked for hours until she insisted he get some sleep. Discovering they had something else in common was exciting, deepening her feelings for him. She wondered if he felt the same way.
-------------------

Spike tossed and turned in his bed unable to get the words Buffy had spoken out of his mind. He needed to see her. He looked at his alarm clock. It was 4AM. He climbed out of bed, getting dressed and then nudged his sleeping friend.

"Xander, I need to borrow your car."

Xander responded by pointing to his side table, helping Spike locate his keys.

"Thanks, mate."

His buddy responded with thumbs up, dozing back to sleep.
----------------------------

After several knocks at Buffy's front door, Anya answered, rubbing her eyes. Spike smiled at her awkwardly. She opened the door wider, to allow him to enter.

"You know the way." She said, yawning and rubbing her eyes some more.

Spike didn't bother to knock, quietly creeping over to Buffy's bed, taking in the sight of her sleeping peacefully. The light from her nightlight, gave her face an angelic appearance. He stoked her hair, rousing her slowly from her sleep. She opened her eyes.

"Spike " she whispered.

"Yes, its me luv"

"What are you doing here?"

"You can't expect a bloke to get any sleep after what you said."

"What are you talk-?"

"Shhhh"

Spike pulled the covers away from her warm body. Buffy was wearing the black lace briefs she flashed him earlier that night and a body hugging black tank top. He positioned himself between her legs. Buffy's body shivered with anticipation as their lips pressed together in a sweet sensual kiss. She cradled his face in her hands while their tongues rubbed against the others.

Spike continued to stroke his hands through her hair, leaving her mouth to nip and lick at her neck. His hands moved to touch her face then down the soft flesh of her neck. He massaged her shoulders, running them down her arms to lock his hands with hers. He squeezed and pressed them together, then releasing them to remove her tank top. His hands found her breasts quickly, caressing them fully so every pore and cell had the privilege. Her nipples pointed to his mouth. Licking his index finger and thumb on both hands, Spike tugged on the pebbled flesh. His tongue followed the lead, licking around her areolas then back over both breast.

His hands journeyed over her curves to her hips while his fingers bent to grab hold of her briefs, pulling them slowly down her legs. Buffy rubbed her legs together like a cricket. She was throbbing down below, waiting for Spike to do what ever he wanted. He tossed them to the floor, grabbing her underneath her thighs, bending her legs slightly to rub her inner and outer thighs. Buffy could feel the heat he was generating spread through her like a fever.

He lowered his head, using the tip of his nose to rub against her clit before his tongue took over. Spike swirled and turned it with calligraphical ease. He flicked his tongue everywhere, hearing her whimper, and feeling a hint of pain at his scalp from her tugging. He could tell Buffy never had her pussy eaten before. He promised himself to make it memorable. Wrapping his tongue and lips around her clit, he sucked it soft then hard, soft and hard while he kneaded the flesh of her thighs to relax her more.

Buffy's head grinded into the pillow. Her back arched and her legs widen. Spike's tongue was like a hot whip across her drenched slit, helpless folds and inflamed clit. Her whimpers turned into moans then wet O's. Spike's sucking motion became more forceful and the licks were harder and faster. He was bringing her to the edge of climax and Buffy felt the bombs going off inside her like the first time but much more intense and consuming. An abrupt rush of hot juice sprinted to his mouth and Spike continued to eat, listening to the sounds of her immediate pleasure bring his cock to life.

Spike's clothes came off quickly and Buffy reached for his dick, wanting him inside her badly. He eased his way in while he lowered his body down to hers. Buffy couldn't help but hold her breath at first then releasing it once he was comfortably inside her. He pushed and pulled out of her, wetting his shaft down to the base.

Buffy was juicing up all over the place, feeling the wet sheet stick to her ass. Spike filled her with endless cock along with endless thrusts. He was a tender and rough lover, alternating between the two extremes. It was sweaty session of flesh slapping against flesh. Tremors ran the length of her spine, sending her into a state of orgasmic bliss. Her hands wondered over his muscular flesh while his tireless cock continued to thrust into her. Spike grunted his release then let out a loud moan. Their tongues met in fury of eroticism, catching Buffy by surprised. She never tasted herself before, enjoying it from his warm tongue. They made acrobatic love that night as their bodies were becoming even more in tuned with the others. Buffy had been stretched like a rubber band sexually and physically, adding several more positions to the list.


A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter and the story so far. Let me know what you think, please review.

A/N: I wish I could take credit for the poetry. The one spoken by Spike is titled "Thinking 'bout You" by Brother Yao. The one spoken by Buffy is titled "Soon, Again by Kysha N. Brown.

A/N: Happy New Year to everyone reading.
The Gang's All Here by tahmoe
After stepping over a few people passed out on the front steps, Buffy, Cordelia and Faith walked into the overly crowded Omega Kai Fraternity House. The parties there were legendary and judging by the number of people in attendance, the campus police would be stopping by soon. Upon entering the house, Cordy searched for Angel while Faith and Buffy trailed behind. They were the only two enthusiastic about coming. Buffy wanted to stay home to rest after working a grueling shift at the Double Meat Palace. She only changed her mind about going after Spike left her message he would be there and she really wanted to see him. Almost a month had passed, since they were last 'together'. Between classes and work, Buffy simple didn't have the time but she was going to make time tonight.

"I see Angel, goodbye guys." Cordelia smiled like a schoolgirl, pushing through the sea of people to get to her man.

Faith and Buffy made their way into the large kitchen. A guy with a mullet asked them if they wanted some funky monkey punch. Buffy refused. The last time she drunk the concoction, she ended up flat on her stomach on the hood of friend's brand new truck, puking down the sides of it.

"I see Spike."

"Where?" Buffy tried to sound uninterested.

"Sitting at the table playing cards. God, he looks hot. I plan on getting some this time."

"What do you mean this time?"

"Cordy didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what"

"About three weeks ago, we all double dated. Afterwards, we came back here and lets just say Cordy was the only one who got some that night."

"What happen?"

"I don't know. He really didn't explain. He just left like the place was on fire."

"So he just left you high and dry?"

"Well, I wasn't exactly dry if you know what I mean." Faith nudged Buffy.

"Oh gross Faith."

"Everything seemed to be going great. We were hot and heavy for a few minutes then suddenly he just stopped."

"What did you do?"

"Nothing, he left so quick I didn't have a chance to say anything but later that night I found someone to pick up where he left off. After a few hours with him, I was five by five."

"Did Spike at least make up for it?" Buffy inquired, hoping nothing happened between them.

"We talked a few times, he apologized, saying he was going to make it up to me so I think tonight would be perfect."

A crowd of people dispersed, placing Spike directly in Buffy's line of sight. It wasn't long before their eyes met. Spike smiled at her but she gave him only a partial one and turned her back.

Buffy poured herself a cup of punch, taking two big gulps.

"Hey take it easy... I heard the last time you had some of this stuff you were drunk for two days."

"Well, I need a drink." Buffy had cut her eyes at Faith upset she and Spike were together recently.
-----------------------
After arriving two hours ago searching for her, Spike was happy to see Buffy had arrived. They needed to reconnect since they weren't spending as much time together like they use to. The played a lot of phone tag but never really catching up with the other. She was always working and then there was school, leaving her exhausted. He was traveling back and forth to Los Angels for auditions and meetings with his agent. It wasn't normal for them to go one or more days without talking or seeing each other. He continued to stare at her while she barely acknowledged him. Sensing something was wrong, he pulled a friend to the side asking him to take his place at the card table then he gestured to Xander he was leaving.

"Hey, where are you going, man?"

"Buffy's over there by the punch." Spike pointed.

Xander's eyes followed in the direction Spike was pointing.

"I don't see Buffy but I do see Faith."

Spike had taken another look. Xander was right. Faith was there, standing a small distance away from Buffy.

"Xander I need a favor."

"You got it buddy. What do you need?"

"I need you to distract Faith while I talk to Buffy."
----------------------
Buffy poured herself another cup of punch, promising herself she was going to stop at two.

"Hey B, I think you should lay off the punch."

"Excuse me but my mother is at home."

"Hey, I'm just saying...oh never mind...are you going to be okay? I'm going over to Spike."

"Sure, I'll be fine, standing here all alone." She replied, taking a sip from her cup.

Faith smirked at Buffy. It was apparent she was in a shitty mood but Faith wasn't going to let her spoil her fun. She placed her cup on the counter, running her hands through her shiny brunette locks then adjusted her breast. She bent down to look at her reflexion in the toaster while applying more red lipstick. She turned to Buffy.

"How do I look?"

"Like a slut." Buffy replied with honesty.

"Good, that was the look I was going for." Faith walked through the crowd towards Spike.
------------------------
"Oh bloody hell"

"What?"

"Here she comes."

"Who, Buffy?"

"No, Faith"

Spike forced a smile. "Hello, my little minx. Where have you been?"

"Right here baby. How about a kiss?" Faith wrapped her arms around Spike's waist, standing on her tiptoes to kiss him. He turned his head. Not giving up so easily, Faith wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. She planted a kiss on his lips, hoping for some tongue but Spike pulled away.

"Playing hard to get."

"No, not at all, pet"

Faith cupped Spike's crotch. "You know what they say. If you play hard to get, you want get got."

Spike was unable to block Faith's hand from coming into contact with his package. She was quick. He knew what was on her mind and regret started to set in. He really wished he'd broken things off with her, knowing it needed to happen soon. She and Buffy were hanging out a lot more which was going to make it impossible to keep avoiding Faith's advances and awkward situations like the one that was happening now.

"Come now, pet you know I'm happy to see you. Let me go to the little boys room and I promise to return back to you...Xander."

Spike turned to Xander, opening his eyes wide and slightly tilting his head to the side in as a gesture for him to take Faith off his hands.

"Xander will keep you company until I get back."

"Yeah, Faith...I make better company anyway. Come on lets dance."

Faith placed her hands on her hips. "Okay but you promise to come right back."

"I promise."

"Come on Xander and don't touch my butt."
------------------------
Buffy's eyes filled with tears, watching Spike with Faith only to lose it further when she saw them kiss. She threw her partially filled cup into the sink and pushed her way through the crowd. Someone grabbed her by the arm causing her to look back. It was Spike.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"I'm getting the hell out of here and away from you."

"What's wrong?"

"Is that a trick question?"

"You're not going anywhere" Spike grabbed Buffy's arm tighter, pulling her up the stairs towards the bathroom. He was surprised it was empty, considering the house was filled with wall-to-wall people.

Xander watched the scene unfold between his buddy and Buffy. When he saw Spike dragging her upstairs, he danced around Faith so she couldn't see them.
-----------------------
Cordy looked all over the house for Angel. He was suppose to be getting her a cup of punch but that was almost an hour ago. She walked into the kitchen, thinking he'd been persuaded into playing cards. She located several of his frat buddies but none of them knew where he was. She searched outside the large house and around back but Angel was nowhere in sight. She headed upstairs to his room, thinking maybe he passed it. He was a little intoxicated when she met up with him earlier. She didn't bother knocking; turning the doorknob to find it was locked.

"Ahh you don't want to go in there sweetheart while Angel's getting some."

Cordy looked over at a guy wearing a pair of woman's underwear on his head. It was clear to Cordy the guy was wasted and using the wall to hold himself up.

"What?"

"He's in there with that chick. Hey Warren whose the hot chick in there with Angel."

Cordy looked over at the other drunken guy she assumed was Warren.

"It must be his girlfriend. What's her name? Cordelia? The blonde chick with the great tits."

"That's impossible. I'm Cordelia."

The two men had the look of shock on their faces, after realizing Angel was busted. They stumbled over to each other, laughing and then stumbled down the hallway singing "Wind Beneath My Wings".

Cordelia banged on Angel's door like a mad woman.

"Angel open this fucking door right now."
--------------------------
Spike dragged Buffy into the bathroom, closing and locking the door behind them. She leaned against the counter, folding her arms across her chest. She was mad. Spike stepped towards her, placing his hands on her hips. He tried to get her to look at him but she looked down at the floor instead.

"Talk to me, luv?"

Buffy used her thumb to wipe away Faith's red lipstick. He assisted her, feeling stupid he didn't wipe it off himself after Faith kissed him. He'd forgotten, checking himself in the mirror to make sure it was gone.

"Why didn't you tell me you were still seeing her?" Buffy returned her eyes to the bathroom floor.

"You never asked."

"Would you have told me the truth?"

"Yes"

Buffy looked into his eyes. She believed him.

"I just assumed sense you and I were together, you had stopped seeing her. Stupid me I guess."

"You're not stupid, luv."

"Then what am I Spike?"

"Beautiful"

"Don't change the subject. I hated seeing you with her. Are there others?"

Spike was about to speak.

"Wait, don't answer that."

He smiled, snaking his arms around her waist then resting his forehead against hers.

"Do you want me to stop seeing her?"

Buffy looked up at him, holding back the urge to cry.

"Yes" she replied with a quiver in her voice.

"Done...now give us a kiss"

"No, you have Faith breath"

"She kissed me and there was no tongue. Come on kitten, I've missed you. Lets not spoil it by dwelling on what just happened."

Buffy knew Spike was right. She missed him too. She smiled at him, elevating her head to give him a quick kiss on the lips.

"Oh come on, surely you can do better than that."

"That's all you get" Buffy pouted.

"Look at that lip, I'm gonna get it."

Spike picked Buffy up, sitting her on the bathroom counter. He grabbed her by the chin, taking her bottom lip gently between his teeth before meeting her lips with his. It didn't take long for their passion to take over. The kiss got deeper, wetter and hotter, turning into more kisses while their hands wondered each other's clinging forms.
-----------------------
Faith was pissed she was still stuck with Xander. "What the hell is taking him so long?"

"No offense Xander but I didn't plan on spending my evening with you."

"None taken. Chill out Faith. He's probably waiting in line. How about another dance?"

"I don't think so. I'm going to find him."

"Come on now Faith. Like I said, he's probably waiting in line. There are millions of people in here. Just give him a few more minutes...come on lets get some punch."

Xander wiped the sweat from his forehead. He didn't know how long he was going to be able to keep Faith distracted, hoping Spike and Buffy would patch things up quickly.
-----------------------
Several seconds had passed but they felt like hours to Cordelia as she continued to bang on Angel's door. She was determined not to go anywhere until his cowardly ass opened the door.

"Open this fucking door. Angel, I know you're in there with some whore."

Cordelia was losing her voice from shouting. Her hands turned a new shade of red while she pounded and pounded until finally the door opened. She pushed it back further, noticing Darla's sweaty bed hair. She was the president of Delta Pi Sorority. The same sorority Cordy was trying to pledge. Angel was sitting on the bed, trying to put his shirt back on quickly. He looked at her and didn't say anything. The distinct smell of sweat, cum and pussy permeated the air. She walked passed a smirking Darla, straight to Angel. She started punching and slapping him but he pushed her away like she was weightless. Cordy fell to the floor angry, upset and humiliated in front of the people that poured into the room to witness her drama.

"You bastard. You are a sorry fucking bastard. I hate you." Cordy managed to get to her feet and looked at Darla. "And you". She stalked over to the blonde, slapping her across the face. She pushed Darla hard against the closet door, causing her to hit the back of her head and fall to the floor.

"I was right about one thing. He was in here with a whore."

Cordy pushed pass the people standing in the doorway. She started to cry needing her best friend by her side. She felt the urge to vomit, looking for a bathroom as she walked down the long hallway.
----------------------------
Spike whispered between kisses up and down Buffy's neck. "Do you want me to?"

"What?"

"That thing you like so much"

"Oh God yes"

Spike unbuttoned Buffy's jeans, pulling them completely off. He stared at her pink panties, running the back of his hand across the satiny material that covered her mound. He bent his fingers more so that the large knuckles on his hand brushed against her clit, where he lingered for several seconds. A barely audible gasp escaped from her mouth. When he heard it, he smiled looking into her eyes while he pulled her panties away from her hips, sliding them slowly down her legs.

He was deliberately handling her with care, giving her a sweet but sultry wet kiss to her lips, rubbing her inner and outer thighs. He kneeled down, placing both her legs over his shoulders so he could blow his warm breath across her pussy lips. Buffy's legs twitched on his shoulders. He looked down. She was ready.

The sensation Buffy was getting from Spike's breath against her sex was only arousing her more. She gripped the back of his head, clenching her toes together in anticipation of his tongue. When Spike wedged it in between the slit in her folds, Buffy was unable to stop the long extending whimper coming up from her throat. She braced herself on the counter with one hand while the other still palming the back of his head, bringing him closer to increasingly wet pussy.

Spike pushed his tongue inside her, moving it backwards and forwards while gripping her ass with both hands. With as much of his tongue he could get inside her, he alternated with half and full circles, keeping his tongue erect like his penis. He saturated the coiled light brown surface with his hot saliva, interrupting only to lick her clit.

"Oh God, yes...do it again...again...please Spike lick it again" Buffy whispered and Spike obeyed.

Buffy thought she was losing her mind. There wasn't a spot on her pussy Spike didn't inhabit with his tongue. She tried to keep it together but the moans he was drawing out her made it impossible. She wanted to see what he was doing but her eyes and head refused to work together. When they opened, her head would fall back against the mirror and when her head was in place, her eyes would close, drumming up images of drooling wolves. It was the second time Spike had gone down on her and as far as she was concerned it wasn't going to be the last.

Spike removed one of his hands from her ass, parting her softness to expose her clit. He blew on it and then waited, teasing her and wanting her to beg for it. He continued to blow on her clit, giving it only brief contact with the tip of his tongue.

"Spike...don't stop...please" Buffy responded even though his holding back was turning her on even more.

He started soft sucking her clit, feeling her legs tense. He smiled, knowing she was about to come and he didn't hold back. Spike sucked harder and then in a surprise move, licked her anus.

"Ohhhhhh"

Spike looked up.

"Like that didn't you luv."

"Yes...ohh...don't stop."

Spike had given her ass a good licking before returning his attention back to her pussy.

After what seemed like a lifetime of licking and sucking, Buffy's legs began to weaken. When she knew Spike had found the right spot, she gripped his head even tighter, keeping it where it was until she came, screaming his name and begging him to fuck her.
-----------------------------

Faith was angry, feeling Spike was standing her up. "Alright Xander that's it. I'm going to find him."

"Did he put you up to this...to get rid of me?"

"Huh? What? Of course not Faith don't be silly."

Xander couldn't look Faith in the eye when he replied.

"You're such a bad lair Xander. He pawned me off on you didn't he?

Xander shrugged his shoulders. He didn't know what to say to the hot-tempered brunette.

"I knew it. I'm so tired of his shit. That's it."

Faith walked out of the kitchen in search of Spike. There were four bathrooms in the house, two upstairs and two downstairs. She knew this because she'd spent a lot of time at the fraternity house. She decided to check upstairs while Xander followed. Making her way up the second floor, she spotted a distraught looking Cordy. She called out to her quickening her pace.

"Cord what's wrong?"

"I caught that bastard cheating on me."

"Angel...that asshole...where is he?"

"I don't care right now. Let's just get out of here. Have you seen Buffy?"

"No. I left her in the kitchen a while ago but I was just in there with Xander and I didn't see her."

"What about you Xander?"

Xander shrugged. "Maybe she went home."

"Lets get the hell out of this house."

Faith wrapped her arm around the crying brunette, helping her down the stairs.
-----------------------------

Buffy grabbed the front of Spike's jeans, fumbling with the button and zipper until she got her hands on his cock. She rubbed her thumb over the swollen head, pulling Spike into a fiery kiss. His hand covered hers as they both moved his swollen head up and down her slit. He entered her and they both gasped then returned to tangling their tongues. Buffy was hot and soaking wet, making Spike vulnerable to a quick release.

"Christ Buffy I about to come."

"Don' t come yet...not yet...ahnnnauhhannahhh ahhnnnnahhnahhnn"

"I can't. I'm sorry, luv.

Spike was unable to hold on any longer. After a few more hammering plunges, he ejaculated Buffy's name still plunging away until her orgasm snatched her up and shook her like a rag doll.
---------------------------------
Xander watched the two distraught and pissed off women head down the stairs. He'd had enough drama and excited for one night. At this point, he had no idea where Spike and Buffy had gone nor did he care. Xander was more concerned with relieving himself after having several cups of punch. The bathroom door was locked but luckily he was the first in line. Several more people lined up behind him, twisting and turning while leaning against the wall. Finally, Xander banged on the door.

"Will you hurry it up. I'm drowning in urine out here."

When the door opened, Xander stepped back, watching a smiling Spike and blushing Buffy emerge. Everyone in the line, cheered, whistled and cat called as the disheveled couple walked the hall of shame.

A/N: For those of you still enjoying the story, I'm sorry for the late update. I hope this chapter was worth the wait. Please review, I need it.
A Question of Friendship by tahmoe
Cordy seated herself at a table in the student union. As a favor to Faith, she was going to find out if Spike was seeing someone else. Faith had chickened out but Cordy wanted to support her friend so she volunteered. She caught a glimpse of him in the corner of her eye then waved him over to her table.

"I'm glad you made it."

Spike seated himself at the table. "Why wouldn't I?"

"Do you know why I ask you to meet me here?"

Spike lighted a fag, taking a drag then blew out the smoke before answering. "I take it's about a certain pissed off brunette."

Cordy leaned in, waving the smoke out of her face. "So what's the story?"

"I decided to move on. Should have done it a long time ago." Spike had taken another drag of his cigarette while slouching his chair.

"Well your timing really sucks. I know you heard about Angel and me." Cordy exhaled, leaning back in her chair with a sad look on her face.

"Yeah, sorry about that pet. I thought you two were perfect together. He was bloody stupid to let you go. Any man would be lucky to have you."

"I guess he wanted bigger tits. Cordy perked up at the thought of something terrible happening to Angel. I hope she gives him a venereal disease like herpes. I hear it's the gift that keeps on giving. So who is she, Spike?" Cordy changed the subject after realizing her purpose for being there.

"What are you talking about pet?" Spike leaned forward to extinguish his fag.

"The girl you dumped Faith for."

Spike looked up from the ashtray then shifted in seat. "What makes you think there is someone else?"

"Because you're a guy...a good looking one at that. I know you had someone waiting in the wings. There were obvious signs. The infrequent calling, no loving, and plus you totally flaked on her at the frat party. Is it that Drusilla chick I see you talking to all the time?"

"No" Spike leaned back in his chair.

"Cecily? Harmony?"

"No and hell no. Why don't you just drop it pet? I'm not going to tell you anything."

"Oh I get it, you and Xander. I've always wondered about you two." Cordy nodded her head, pointing a suspicious finger at Spike.

"Now you've gone to far. Did Faith put you up to this?"

"Maybe but she's my friend and I didn't like seeing her upset."

Spike had given Cordy and unbelieving smirk. "Faith upset. I doubt it. Tell me how many dates has she been on this last few days."

Cordy eyes darted away from his. She didn't want to answer the question, knowing Faith had been on at least two dates since Spike called her to tell her it was over.

"No need to answer pet. I knew Faith would bounce back in no time. I'm not a stupid git. I know Faith's been seeing at least three blokes I know which I don't have a problem with. Look, she and I had fun. I lost interest...end of story."

"Now I have to know. Who is it? She must be something. A lot of guys think Faith is hot so I'm gonna assume this new girl is equally as hot if not hotter."

"Look pet, I don't mean to be rude but it's really none any of your business."

"Come on tell me. Is it a professor? Is it Ms. Calender? or Professor Giles?"

"Enough with the gay speculation already."

"Well I have to ask. Faith told me you couldn't close the deal the last time you two were intimate. I assume your equipment preferred something of the male persuasion."

Tired of Cordy asking him questions. Spike decided to play with her.

"What if I told you it was Buffy?"

Cordy eyes opened wide.

"Shut up. You're lieing. You're not seeing Buffy. She wouldn't do that. I know there was some sort of attraction between you two but she would have told me."

"Are you sure about that luv? Spike leaned forward, giving Cordy an intense stare. "I mean you weren't too keen on the idea of us hooking up."

"You know it hurts my feelings that you would say something like that about my best friend. I know her. She wouldn't do that to anyone including Faith. She has too much class to do that to a friend."

When Spike realized Cordy was getting upset. He tried to take back what he'd said. He laughed, falling back in his chair.

"Gotcha"

"That wasn't funny."

"Serves you right. I told you to stop asking me. Buffy is a nice girl and all but she and I are just friends. She made it crystal clear there could never be anything between us."

Cordy was relieved. "Okay you got me. I give up. No more questions about your ho's."

"Don't talk about my lady friend like that."

"Ahh hhahh so you are seeing someone and it's a girl."

Spike smiled and stood up. "I have to go. I'll see you around and pet try to keep your chin up. After Darla burns Angel, he will realize he made a mistake and come crawling back."

"He can crawl all he wants. I'll never take him back." Cordy watched Spike walk off.

*~~*

Finally, Buffy was able to get a day off from work. The new manager at the Double Meat Palace was smart enough to hire two more workers which help decrease the number of hours Buffy worked. She was happy to be getting off at a decent hour, which meant she could spend more time with Spike and catch up with Cordy. The two women made plans to go to the mall and get a bite to eat. Afterwards, Buffy had plans with Spike. He was going to meet her at her apartment for a little one on one.

When Buffy exited the elevator, she looked down the hall at Faith's door before entering Cordy's room. She was relieved her best friend was ready to go.

"Hey you're dressed."

Cordy turned around, placing her hands on her hips "Why wouldn't I be?"

Buffy placed her finger under her chin. "Hmmmm, the only time you've ever been ready for anything was when you and I graduated from high school."

"Very funny and you're right but I had to do a favor for Faith otherwise I would have kept to you waiting. You might want to write this down. A woman must never step out into the world without wearing the perfect outfit."

Buffy looked at Cordy with questioning eyes. "What favor?"

"She wanted me to find out who Spike was dating. You know he broke up with her. Damn men"

"Wow, you say that like they really were a couple. I thought he was just the first on a very long list of guys she likes to fuck."

"Jealous much."

"Jealous because my legs don't spread as wide as hers. I don't think so."

Cordy had given Buffy an angry look. "Stop it, you shouldn't talk about her like that."

"Why not everyone else does and you know it?" Buffy sat on Cordy's bed, thumbing through a magazine.

"She's my friend Buffy and I thought she was yours too."

"She's okay but I wouldn't consider her a friend."

Cordy pulled her head back. "Really"

Buffy was still thumbing through the magazine. "Yeah really and why are we arguing about this?" Buffy looked up, tossing the magazine to the side.

"I'm sorry. I'm just hating men right now." Cordy flopped down on her bed while Buffy rummaged through the things on top of her dresser. She picked up a pink lipstick and applied it to her lips.

"So what did Spike tell you?" Buffy stared in the mirror at Cordy.

The brunette picked up the magazine, thumbing through it. "Let me tell you, trying to get him to talk was like trying to break into Fort Knox. He wasn't forth coming at all. I even insulted his manhood by suggesting he was gay and he still wouldn't budge."

Buffy smiled then closed her eyes as thoughts and images of her hot session with Spike in the bathroom flooded her mind. There was nothing gay about Spike.

Cordy looked up from the magazine, crinkling her brow.

"Why are you smiling?"

Buffy's eyes opened. "Huh?"

"You were smiling."

"Oh I was just thinking about this a cute dress I wanted to buy at Macy's"

"Well anyway. It turns out he is seeing someone else but he didn't tell me her name. Guys are such pigs. They break up with you and already have you replaced just like that." Cordy snapped her fingers and began to reflect on her relationship with Angel. Tears filled her eyes. "I mean you treat them good and give them all the sex they want and they still kick you to the curb. I mean what did I do that was so wrong that made him want a slut like Darla."

Buffy walked over to the bed to hug her friend. "Because she was a slut and you're not. You were just too good for him and he didn't know how to handle it. Believe me from what I know about Darla, he isn't getting much. She will show him a few tricks. He'll realize that's all she's good for and then kick himself for letting you go. He's not intelligent enough to be with you. His brain is in his penis."

Cordy laughed. Buffy was making her feel better. She grabbed a tissue to wipe her eyes walking over to her mirror careful not to smear her mascara.

"Before we leave, we need to go by Faith's. I want to tell her what I know about Spike."

Buffy was ready to go. She stood up and walked over to the door. "Why? So what if he's seeing somebody else. You don't even know her name. What's the point? Come on Cordy, you know Faith had to know there was someone else."

"You're being really harsh about all this. What did she ever do to you?"

Buffy shrugged her shoulders. "Nothing"

Cordy started laughing. "It's funny, when I kept asking Spike who he was seeing, do you know he had the nerve to mention you."

Buffy looked at Cordy with questioning eyes, smirking. "Why is that funny?"

"Oh come on, you."

Buffy placed her hand on her hip. "What the hell is that suppose to mean?"

"Well, its Spike. He's a major hottie. I've seen the type the girls he deals with. We're talking nothing but top of the line. You know he once dated a runner up in a Miss Universe Pageant."

"Big whaup. You think I couldn't pull a guy like Spike."

"Oh honey, I didn't mean. Cordy started fumbling over her words. I mean you're cute but...oh you know what I mean." Cordy picked up her purse. "You ready to go."

Buffy was pissed her best friend was suggesting she wasn't good enough for a guy like Spike.

"What if I told you I was the one seeing Spike?"

Cordy mouth dropped open, staring into Buffy's eyes.

"Are you?"

Buffy arched her eyebrow. "Yep"

"What?"

"You heard me. It's me."

Cordy was shocked and speechless.

"Close your mouth honey. You might let some flies in."

"How long has this been going on?" She asked, still staring at Buffy wide-eyed.

The cat was finally out of the bag and it was too late to take it back. Buffy had to tell her now. "Going on three months"

"Three months. We've only been in school three months." Cordy shouted.

"Yep"

"Oh my God and I bet you've had sex with him to."

"Oh yeah" Buffy smiled, getting off on the fact that she made Cordy eat her words.

"Oh my God. I can't believe you would do that to Faith. Hell, I can't believe you would do that to anyone. I guess you're not the person I thought you were."

"I'm still the same person. This thing between Spike and me just happened. I really think we were meant to be together Cordy. I really like him and I think I could fall in love with him and I want you to be happy for me."

"How can I be happy for you? You're stole him from Faith and you betrayed me. I do recall telling you how I felt about you getting involved with him and you just ignored it."

"I tried to fight my attraction to him but it was hard. Come on you of all people know I follow my heart more than anything."

"You're right and I thought you would have learned your lesson from Riley. This is so fucked up. Who else knows about you two?"

"Xander, my roommates, and now you."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Do you really want me to answer that? Look how you're acting. You would think I did this to you. It's only Faith and I'm sure she's over it by now. You should get over too and try to be happy that I found someone after all the shit Riley put me through."

"So is Spike just a rebound?"

"Of course not."

Cordy continued to stare at Buffy, shaking her head.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I just can't believe what I'm hearing. What is Faith going to think when I tell her my best friend is the reason Spike broke up with her?"

"What do you mean when you tell her? It's none of your business. This is exactly why I didn't tell you."

"Well how long were you planning on keeping it a secret until I was invited to the wedding."

Buffy knew that was a good question and she didn't have an answer.

"Tell me how serious is it because if my memory serves me correctly. He was seeing her while you two were together and I also know he's been seeing some chick named Drusilla so where does that leave you. To me, it sounds like you're on a list of girls he likes to fuck."

"How could you say that me? Its more than that."

"Oh really. He's so serious about you. Don't come running to me when he breaks your heart. He has a reputation you know or don't you care."

"You don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't I. Buffy I've known Spike a lot longer than you have. He has a lot of 'girlfriends' and he's in his last year of college. He is going to be out of here soon. I believe Hollywood is his destination. You have two more years here and I really don't think you're going with him and as for a long distance relationship, forget about it. He will dump you. He's good at that. Faith is not the only one he's done this to."

"Stop it, Cordy. I know what you're trying to do. Look, I like him. I enjoy being with him and I'm not going to stop seeing him because Faith will be upset."

"And what about me. Oh that's right you don't care what I think."

"Why can't you just be happy for me and try to see it from my side. Cordy he makes feel good about myself. He makes me smile. Tell me you haven't noticed how happy I've been this last couple of months. It's because of him."

Buffy was right. Cordy has seen a change in her but she just thought it had more to do with Buffy being away from the drama at home. She had no idea her best friend was seeing anyone. Also, Buffy had just broken up with a boyfriend of five years. Cordy wanted to be happy for her but not if she was going to be with Spike. It was wrong.

"I see a pattern here."

"What are you talking about it?"

"First you and Riley break up, then your parents, and now you're breaking up Faith and Spike. I guess this is your way of dealing with your issues."

"How could you say something like that? You know one has nothing to do with the other."

"I don't know that. You haven't talked about your parents or Riley since you've been here. Well at least not to me. Oh let me guess, good old Spike has become your sounding board. How sweet of him?"

"So what if he has? I couldn't talk to you. You were too busy hanging out with Faith and that cheating ass Angel to give me the time of day."

"Oh so that's it. You're getting back at Faith because she and I been hanging out together."

"That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Sure I'll admit I was jealous of you spending so much time with Faith but I expected you to make new friends while you were here."

"Then why Buffy?"

"I told you it just happened and I don't regret doing it."

"Even if it hurts me." Cordy shook her head. "Man, I didn't know you were such a cold hearted bitch."

"Takes one to know one." Buffy stared daggers at her friend.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Shoot, why hold back now."

"How do I know you want do the same thing to me?"

"Because I love you. You're like a sister to me. I've known you since third grade. We've been through everything together. I would never do that to you."

"You did it to Faith."

"I've known Faith less than a year and let me tell you I'm not impressed. She's a liar, a manipulator, a thief and a whore. The only reason I've tolerated her this long is because of you. Come on Cordy she has a stable of other guys including a boyfriend back home. Why so much emphasis on Spike? What is the big fucking deal about Spike?"

"She really likes him. Sure she dates a lot of guys but I think she would have changed for him but he was too busy with you."

"Well I really like the color pink but I don't wear it everyday."

"Huh?"

"My point exactly. This isn't about Faith. It's about you forcing your morals on me. Look, I know I've said I would never do something like that to anybody but I found out you should never say never so damn me to hell. Lets just get pass this."

"What about Faith?"

"What about her?"

"Are you going to tell her?"

"No"

"Well I guess I have to."

"Why? Its not your place to tell her."

"Well somebody has to. Don't you think its going to be more than awkward when she sees you and Spike together and worse than that she is going to know I knew about it and didn't say anything. What kind of friend does that make me?"

Cordy had a point but if anyone was going to tell Faith she thought it should be Spike.

"I don't disagree with you. Look Cordy, I know this is hard for you to accept so can you just be neutral and not say anything. I'll see Spike later and let him know he should break the news to Faith."

"Okay, but it better happen soon or I'm going to tell her and Buffy so that you know, Karma is a bitch."

A/N: I hope you're still enjoying the story so leave me a review. I'm dieing to know what you think about this conversation. Whose side are you on?
Bitch by tahmoe
"Fuck you" Faith shouted into the telephone before throwing it against the wall. It was her way of hanging up on Spike after he told her he was seeing Buffy. She leaped from her bed, kicking the telephone from her path and violently flinging open her door, making a hole in the drywall with the doorknob. She stalked over to Cordy's room shouting her name and banging on the door. Several students walked into the hallway, wondering what was going on.

Faith looked at the curious gawkers and shouted, "What the fuck are you looking at?"

Cordy had taken a deep breath before she answered the door. Without saying a word, she stood to the side, allowing the pissed off brunette to enter.

Faith breezed passed her, pacing back and forth with her hands on her hips. "Your so called friend is a fucking bitch."

Cordy closed the door, taking a seat in her desk chair. She decided it was best not to respond right away and allow Faith to vent.

"All this damn time her skinny ass was fucking Spike. I can't believe it. I thought we were friends. She had me believing she was so understanding about my feelings for him. I confided in her and she stabs me in the back. I so want to hit something right now. Did you know about this?"

Cordy looked at her friend and nodded her head.

"And you didn't tell me." Faith shouted.

"I just found out a couple of hours ago. I couldn't believe it either. I wanted to tell you right away but Buffy thought it was best that Spike tell you himself."

"Oh Buffy thought. Why...was she afraid?"

"I don't know...maybe."

"She should be. That fucking bitch is going to get what's coming to her trust me. When the opportunity presents itself, I going to be right there to take the knife she stuck in my back and place it in hers. All those times we talked about Spike...I mean just everything and the entire time she was laughing in my face."

"Faith you have every right to be upset with Buffy but what about Spike? He's not so innocent in all of this."

"You're right but he's a guy. I expect that from him. I mean think about it how many guys do you know would turn down some pussy. I guy once told me the only thing better than old pussy was new pussy."

Cordy wished she could have answered that question using Angel as the exception but his behavior with Darla only proved that Faith was right.

"What the hell does he even see in Buffy anyway? I look ten times better than she does. What did you say to her when you found out?"

"I told her it was fucked up and just plain wrong." Cordy stood up and walked towards her bed, wringing her hands until they turned red. She looked at Faith, feeling sorry for her. "I have a confession to make."

Faith looked at Cordy more intently. "What is it?"

Cordy hesitated, looking away from Faith eyes. She had stood up again, walking back to her desk chair.

"Why are you looking so nervous? If you have something else to say just say it."

"Well, a few days before school started Buffy, Spike, Willow, Xander and me decided to hang out at the park."

"You already told me this story." Faith interrupted.

"Well I did leave a few things out." Cordy shrugged then continued. I should have told you there was an attraction between them. Everyone that night saw it especially when they left the group to do their own thing. There was a lot of flirting and playing around between them. You know like they were a couple. At one point I thought I saw them kissing but they were just standing really close to each other."

"It was foreplay and I wish you would have told me Cordy."

"You're right. I'm sorry but do want you to know I called them both on it. The only reason I didn't tell you was because Buffy swore to me she was not going to pursue it."

"Well it sure as hell didn't take her long to change her mind."

"I guess not."

"Looks like your so called friend fucked both of us. I mean if you can't trust your best friend who can you trust."

"You're right. I'm pissed at her too. She even tried to get me to see it from her side but I just couldn't."

"Don't tell me...let me guess. She really likes him no better yet she loves him. God she is so naïve but I can't blame her Spike does have that affect on you after a hot sweaty roll in the hay. Frankly, that's all he's good for anyway."

Cordy looked at Faith with questioning eyes. "What about all those feelings you had for him. I mean it wasn't that long ago you were willing to give up all your precious other men to just be with him."

"What can I say...temporary insanity. Haven't I taught you anything Cordy? You always keep good dick on the shelf because you never know when you may need to dust it off and have yourself a real good lay."

"So all that crap about you thinking Spike was the one for you was just all bullshit."

"Ahhh ..sort of...yeah... I guess. Look, I do like Spike. We had very hot sex. Its enough to make you want to do crazy things."

Cordy had felt foolish for a moment, thinking about what Buffy said regarding Spike just being one of many guys Faith only wanted around for a good time. At least, Buffy did genuinely care for Spike she thought. Faith really had her fooled into believing she wanted more with him that is why she thought it was best to intervene but now she wasn't so sure. But what Buffy did was still wrong in her book regardless of Faith's feelings about Spike.

"So what are you going to do?" Cordy asked.

"Give me the phone."
----------------------
Spike was sitting up against the headboard of Buffy's bed. When he arrived, she told him about the conversation she and Cordy had but not before scolding him about starting the mess in the first place. Immediately, he picked up the phone to call Faith to get everything finally out in the open. He didn't want to talk to her while Anya and the rest of Buffy's roommates were around so he settled for the privacy of Buffy's bedroom.

Buffy walked into her room, watching Spike stare off into the distance. She waited downstairs with Anya so she could let him have some privacy while he talked to Faith. Besides, she wanted to make herself scarce anyway. Although she admitted not regretting what she did to Faith, there was still a level where she felt uncomfortable. Anya knew it, informing Buffy it was guilt. She knew her blunt friend was correct to a certain degree but it wasn't enough guilt to make Buffy stop seeing Spike. She approached the bed, placing her head on his chest.

"What did she say?"

Spike stroked Buffy's head still staring off into space. "It starts with an F and ended with a you and then she hung up."

"Well I didn't expect her to be calm about it and I wouldn't be surprised if she confronted me."

Right after Buffy made that statement, the phone rang. Anya answered, yelling up the stairs for Buffy to pick up.

"Hello"

"Watch your back, bitch"

Buffy recognized Faith's voice. She lifted her head from Spike's chest, moving to sit in a chair across from the bed. "Nice to hear from you to Faith and by the way don't call my house with this bullshit. You don't scare me." Buffy chuckled. "If you want to fight over a guy, well that's just sad. The funny thing is, you don't really care about him. Your pride is hurt because you didn't dump him first." Buffy's eyes darted to Spike still sitting up against the headboard. She searched for some sort of reaction but his face was blank which was unusual for him.

Faith pulled the phone away from her ear then screamed into it. "Bitch you don't know me."

Buffy leaned forward she didn't take to kindly being called a bitch but she remained calmed. It was a good tactic to use against someone who was angry with you since she often witnessed her father doing it to her mother just to make her angrier. "I know enough to say that I don't like you. I've never liked you and I'm glad I don't have to pretend to like you anymore for Cordy's sake."

"Oh you think you're hot shit now that you've taken Spike away from me...puffing your chest out a little bit...feeling a little brave. You didn't have the balls to tell me yourself because you knew what would happen."

"You delusional girl. I can't take anything from you that was not yours to begin with. You'll get over it Faith." Buffy leaned back into the chair, sitting Indian style. There was silence and she knew she had Faith's attention. "Why don't you just draw a line through Spike's name on your list of studs and move on. I'm quite sure you'll have no problem finding someone to replace him."

Faith hesitated from the ring of truth in Buffy's words that temporarily sated her anger until it came back and she screamed the words "fuck you" into the telephone.

Buffy pulled the receiver away from her ear. She waited a few seconds, thinking the screaming was going to continue but there was silence. She placed the receiver back to her ear.

"Look, I have better things to do then to talk to you while you nurse your so called wounded heart." Buffy walked over to the bed and sat down. "Don't call here again." She hung up on Faith then called Cordy. When Faith answered the phone, she hung up. She had no idea Faith was there and she didn't like it, wondering why her best friend would even allow the angry brunette to call her in the first place. Buffy dialed again and this time Cordy picked up.

"Happy now. She finally knows. Now you can console her and bask in your self righteous glory."

"Don't blame me for this. This is all on you and Spike."

"If you would have just stayed neutral and given her time to get over it without this bit of information maybe things would have turned out differently."

"Are you kidding me? What makes you think that? What you and Spike did was fucked up and you know it."

"All I wanted was for you to stay out of it but you just had to push. Why couldn't you have just been a friend to me and taken a step back? I guess misery loves company."

"Fuck you Buffy. This has nothing to do with Angel."

"You're a liar. You said it yourself. You were afraid I would do it to you. Now it's my turn to be the psychiatrist. You couldn't get your justice with Angel so you decided to take it out on my relationship with Spike."

Cordy hesitated there was a ring of truth in Buffy's words. "Whatever Buffy...you can believe what you want but it still doesn't change the fact that what you and Spike did was wrong."

"Here we go again...blah blah blah...make sure you console your friend. I'm sure she's crying all over your shoulder right now about her lose." Buffy hung up on Cordy.

The angry brunette called back and Buffy answered on the first ring.

"Don't you ever hang up on me again. I'm not Faith. I'm trying to be mature about all this and everyone else it acting like kids. Faith wants to fight...you want to hang up. Right now I think its best we not talk for a while and give everyone some time to cool off."

Buffy swallowed hard. Despite all that was happening, Cordy was still her best friend and she loved her. Cordy was being the bigger person. Buffy admired that about her friend because someone had to do it or their friendship would not survive. Buffy was a very stubborn person some would even say proud. She was well aware how it could ruin her friendship with Cordy and she didn't know if she would have tried to save it. She agreed to spend some time apart and both women hung up.

Spike pulled Buffy to him, wrapping his arms around her. She rested her head against his shoulder.

"I want ask you if you're okay so I'm just going to hold you."

"Thank you"

Spike kissed Buffy on the top of her head. "This too shall pass."

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Anything luv."

"If you had the chance to do over again, would you have gotten involved with me?"

"I wished I had kissed you that first night. That would be the only thing that I would have changed."

Buffy turned to him.

"Me too...kiss me now"

Spike smiled. He cupped her cheek, pulling her into a sweet lingering kiss. When their tongues touched, the passion between them ignited. The kiss became more intense and probing. He pulled Buffy on top of him never breaking the fiery contact. His hands traveled her body finally resting on her firm ass. He cupped it while running his tongue along the length of her neck. Buffy gasped, leaning down to capture in his lips in another kiss. She sucked gently on his tongue, pulling him deeper into her mouth. She could feel his erection pressing against her while she ran her hand down from his neck to his crotch, cupping and rubbing him. Spike groaned, placing his hand over hers to make Buffy stroke him harder. Their tongues circled then slipped into each other's mouths. Buffy's hand moved from his crotch to the waist of his jeans. She pulled out his t-shirt then unbuttoned his pants, massaging low then lower until her hand was on the grand prize. She squeezed him while stroking up and down and applying the same technique on his balls.

Spike had torn his mouth away from hers, gasping from the warmth of her hand around him. He cupped her breast while his other hand remained on her ass, rubbing along the crevice. His hips lifted partially from the bed as his groans became louder. Buffy silenced him with her tongue and the kiss became more profound, deepening each time he entered her mouth and she entered his.

Buffy's other hand pushed up Spike's shirt, revealing his perfect abs. He helped her out by pulling it off so her hand could stay on his cock. He kicked off his boots and Buffy pulled his jeans off his hips. His erection was massive and upright and all she could do was stare at it with her mouth gaped open like she was witnessing a miracle. She thought who ever said size didn't matter was a very bad liar.

Spike looked at her, wondering where Buffy had gone.

"Are you alright, luv?"

Buffy swallowed hard and licked her lips while staring into his eyes. She licked them again then let them drift to his waiting erection.

Spike knew what she was thinking. He recognized the look in her eyes. She wanted him but in a different kind of way. She had never gone down on him nor did he expect her to. They never talked about it.

"You don't have to, luv."

"I want to."

Spike watched Buffy lower her head, taking him into her mouth.

"Ooooh...Buffy"

Buffy had never sucked a dick in her life. Riley tried to get her to do it but she refused. He'd already given her a venereal disease and luckily it was something she was able to get rid of. It was enough to turn her off from the act but Spike was different. She really wanted to give him something special. She read in a magazine once it was the ultimate compliment. She wanted to make it really good for him, having thought about it for the last few days. She even watched gay porn with Anya to see how it was done and gotten a few tips from other female friends of hers.

She had taken him slowly into her mouth careful not to let her teeth make hard contact with the skin. She knew the tongue was important so before she started bobbing her head up and down. She licked and caressed it for several minutes until it was covered in her salvia, making the glide easier. She held him at the base, lowering and lifting her head over him until she found a comfortable rhythm. When she heard him moan, she knew she was doing something right. She opened her eyes to look at him. His eyes were shut tight, his brow was crinkled and his mouth was open helping her confidence. She continued to look at him, noticing when she increased the suction, his hips lifted partially off the bed with more moaning. She put her tongue, lips and mouth to good use, alternating over his hardness until she saw his come face. At that moment, indecisiveness set in. Buffy didn't know if she wanted him to come in her mouth or not. She didn't want to abruptly stop so she continued to throat him.

"Buffy...luv...I'm about to...uhnnn...Buffy ...I'm going to come."

She lifted her head, watching Spike explode on his stomach. "Bloody, hell"

Still a little unsure of herself, Buffy waited for Spike to recover before asking him if he liked it.

He removed his arm from over his eyes, looking down at Buffy.

"Pet that was amazing."

"Really"

"Really" Spike chuckled.

Letting her curiosity get the best of her, Buffy dipped her finger into his semen and tasted it then smiled as if she received an award for the best oral scene.

"Would you believe me if I told you it was my first time doing that."

Spike propped himself up on his elbows.

"No"

"Well it was. I wanted to give you something special."

"Luv, you're enough."

"I would like to think so. Now, I've given myself completely to you."

Spike smiled wickedly. Well not completely. Buffy looked at Spike with questioning eyes.

"There is still one more special thing you could give me."

Buffy continued to look at him unable to figure out what he was talking about until it dawned her he was talking about anal sex.

"Oh gross Spike" Buffy picked up a pillow and tossed it at him.

"What? I didn't say anything."

"You didn't have to. I know what you're talking about and for the record. I'm never letting you or anyone else go there."

"Well you know what they say luv never say never."
No 'Hard' Feelings by tahmoe
Business was slowing down at The Double Meat Palace and Buffy had one more hour to go. She needed to get home to shower away the grease smell and get ready for her date with Spike. Today was their six-month anniversary and they were going to celebrate. She tried to get the night off but two people had called in sick so Buffy had to come in. Making sure she would get off on time, she decided to clean up early starting in the back first.

"Buffy we need you up front", shouted Ted, the manager.

"Okay" Buffy tossed the sponge into the sink then washed her hands.

As she approached the register, she saw Faith standing at the counter. She paused, cursing under her breath and wondering what the hell was she doing here.

"Can I help you?" She said, trying to sound professional just in case her boss was looking.

Faith gave Buffy what appeared to be a genuine smile. "What's up B?"

Buffy smirked, placing her hand on her hip. "What are you doing here Faith?"

"Jeeez last time I check this was a free country."

"Are you going to order something or not?"

"No. Actually I came here to talk to you."

"Well as you can see, I'm working."

"What time do you get off?"

"Why?" Buffy asked defensively.

Faith held her hands in front of her. "Hey easy B, I just want to talk."

"Yeah right. What do you want Faith?"

"Honest, I want to talk. Can you take a break or something so we can go outside?"

"Whatever you have to say to me you can say it right here in front of witnesses."

"Okay, fine. I came here to tell you that I'm cool with you seeing Spike. I'm over it and I want us to be friends again."

Buffy crinkled her brow then smirked, folding her arms across her chest. "We were never friends."

"Okay, whatever we were...lets start over. I like you B. You're a cool girl and I really do want to be your friend. I'm sorry for the way I acted. It was immature but I'm fine now. No hard feelings, okay." Faith held out her hand in a friendly gesture to put everything behind them.

Thinking Faith was being sincere, Buffy reached out to shake her hand. Faith grabbed it, trying to pull Buffy over the counter.

"You stupid bitch!! You think I was going to let you get away with what you did!! This ain't over B! Not by a long shot!"

Buffy tried to pull free but Faith was freakishly strong for a girl. A coworker witnessing the incident grabbed Faith by the waist causing her to loosen her grip on Buffy's arm. Highly pissed, Buffy climbed over the counter. She approached Faith, raising her fist to strike but Ted grabbed her by the wrist and waist, preventing her from doing so. Her co-worker, Ford managed to get Faith out of the restaurant, locking the door behind him while the manager stopped Buffy for going after her.

Faith remained at the door cursing and screaming obscenities then stormed away.

"Buffy what was that all about?"

"A boy and a wounded ego."

Ted trailed behind her. "She's crazy."

"Yep" Buffy replied, walking towards the back to retrieve her sponge.

"I'm going to call the police."

"Don't"

"Are you sure? I have a feeling she'll be waiting for you when you get off."

"I doubt it. She's not as hard as she pretends to be. I'm not worried about her."

"Well, I'm responsible for you at least until you get off but I insist on walking you to your car."

"Thanks, but I can hold my own."

"I'm sure you can but I need you in one piece. You're on the schedule for tomorrow."

Buffy laughed. "Spoken like a true boss."

After several minutes had gone by, Ford walked outside then came back informing Buffy the angry brunette had left.

"Was she by herself?" Buffy asked, wiping down one of the tables.

"There was another girl in the car with her when she drove off."

Buffy looked up. "Did you see what she looked like?" She asked, hoping it wasn't her best friend.

"I couldn't get a good look at her."

However, Buffy refused to believe it was Cordy. Their friendship seemed to be getting back on track. They talked almost every day, staying away from the subjects of Spike and Faith but she was curious to know who was with Faith. It wasn't like the she had a lot of friends. Girls didn't trust her especially around their men and guys well they just wanted to screw her.

Buffy's arm was sore and the area where Faith grabbed her was starting to bruise. She had taken a shower but didn't get dress. She was tired and the evening events didn't make it any better. She was expecting Spike soon but figured she had enough time to rest her eyes.

********

Spike was looking forward to seeing Buffy. It was their six-month anniversary and a milestone for him. She was his first long-term relationship. Usually when he hooked up with a girl. They would sleep together for a couple weeks then mutually end things while everyone remained friends. There were no hard feelings except with Faith. She didn't take it very well when he had told her about him and Buffy. She surprised him. He didn't expect her to act the way that she did. If anything she would have been the most understanding he thought. Their relationship was no different than the others. But what bothered him about Faith was that she knew he was seeing other chicks even before he hooked up with Buffy so he couldn't understand what the big deal was.

********

Still reeling from her scuffle with Buffy, Faith decided to pay Spike a visit. She spotted the gorgeous unsuspecting blonde walking towards Xander's car. She picked up her pace, trying to catch him before he left. "Hey, lover." She said, running her hand along the hood of the car.

Spike turned around. "Faith"

"In the flesh. I was just on my way to see you." She moved closer, positioning herself directly in front of him but not close enough to invade his personal space.

"What for?" He asked, quickly.

Faith placed her hands on her hips. "To tell you that you're a sorry son of a bitch. Out of all the girls you could have hooked up with. Why Buffy? She's got nothing on me and I take as an insult that you chose her over me."

"Hold on there pet. I didn't choose her over you. You and I weren't seeing each other exclusively." Spike opened the car door, stepping one foot inside. "Come on Faith you know how this game works. We both were seeing other people and I didn't care so why should you."

Faith stepped closer and Spike tried to back up but he was trapped. "You weren't like the others. You treated me like I was special."

Spike's eyes softened. "And you're still are pet in your own way."

Misreading his intent, Faith stepped closer, practically pinning Spike against the car. She cupped the side of his face. "How about one more time for old times sake? I'll even let you do that thing you like so much."

Spike moved his face out of her reach. "No, pet. I'm with Buffy now and I'm not going to screw that up playing around with you. It's been three months now. I've moved on and I think you should do the same."

Faith was furious he turned her down but she didn't let it show. "You're right. I know you're right...then can I at least have a hug." She asked, holding her arms out to him.

Spike shrugged. "Sure, why not?"

They ex-lovers embraced. Spike tried to pull away from her quickly but Faith maintained her grip on him, running her tongue along the length of his neck before biting him hard between his neck and shoulder.

"Damn it, Faith" Spike shouted, pushing her to the ground. He placed his hand over the bite glad she didn't break the skin. "You stupid bint. What the hell did you do that for?"

"Oh come on lover. I know you liked it. I guess being with little miss Buffy has made you all soft. You were always hard and ready when you were with me."

Even after Faith bit him, Spike was still trying to be nice to her by keeping his sadistic side in check. "Well I'm not with you anymore and don't make me start regretting it now. Look pet, we had fun but it's really over. I'm trying to be gentlemen about this."

"A gentlemen...well that's funny coming from you. All the women you've screwed and dumped. Don't kid yourself lover, there's nothing that speaks gentlemen about you. You're nothing but a whore."

Spike looked at his watch. He was running late for his date with Buffy. He needed to get rid of Faith, figuring the only way for that to happen was to treat her like shit and give her a taste of her own medicine.

"And you would know a lot about that. Why do you think I shagged you in the first place? You were a sure thing baby and every guy knows it. The only whore here is you."

Faith was silent listening to Spike's harsh words. She had never seen that side of him before. When they were together, he treated her like a lady always so sweet, showering her with a lot of attention.

"Why so quite pet? You had a lot to say earlier."

Faith lip was quivering as she tried to hold back tears.

"Are those real tears I see in your eyes?"

Faith had gotten to her feet. "Fuck you, Spike."

"I already did pet, many times. Can't say I fancy it anymore...although I'm sure my pal Xander would love to have a go. He's upstairs if you're interested."

Spike tried to shut the door but Faith grabbed it then tried to pull him out of the car. He grabbed her by the wrists, shaking her. "Get a hold of yourself woman." He shouted.

Faith struggled against his hold on her, losing her balance and falling to the ground. She used her feet to kick the door on him but Spike caught it in time before it could do any damage. He had enough of the angry brunette.

"So what we shagged a few times. What did you think...it was true love. Stay the hell away from me and my girl."

"Too late lover. I already paid her a visit."

"What did you do?"

Faith laughed. Getting back on her feet, then turned and walked away like nothing had ever happened.

********

Spike climbed inside the car quickly. He had to make sure Buffy was all right. When he arrived at her townhouse, Anya filled him in on the drama that happened at the Double Meat Palace. Spike ran up the stairs, knocking lightly on Buffy's bedroom door before he entered. The angry expression on his face disappeared when he saw her sleeping on the bed wrapped in a towel.

He loved watching her sleep, taking a seat on the bed. He was going to wake her slowly. Starting at her toes, he trailed his index finger up the back of her foot, over her heel then along the calf and thigh, stopping at the edge of the towel that covered her heart-shaped bottom. He did the same with the other foot while he watched Buffy shift but not open her eyes then got another idea. He walked over to her dresser, picking up a bottle of baby oil.

Pouring a generous amount into his hands, Spike worked the slippery substance into her feet then ran both his hands up her calves to her thighs, repeating the same action with her other leg.

Buffy's eyes fluttered open. "Spike" She called out, trying to raise her head to look at him.

Spike removed his hands from her legs to place them on her shoulders. "Shhh" He reached for some more baby oil, rubbing it into his hands and placing them on her shoulders using circular motions.

"What are you doing?" Buffy knew that was a stupid question. It was obvious what he was doing but it was the only thing that came to mind as she tried to will herself to wake up. Spike's massage wasn't helping.

"Making you feel good...lay back down...let me finish." Spike whispered into her ear, leaving a wet trail of kisses on the skin not covered by the towel. He removed the soft cloth from her body then reached for more baby oil. Starting at her shoulders again, he massaged down to the small of her back then over her curvy bottom.

Since things were going to get messy, Spike removed his shirt but left on his black wife beater. He positioned himself at the end of the bed, parting Buffy's legs by her ankles. He licked the cleft that led to the crevice of her ass, trailing his tongue down until it found and circled around her anal opening.

Buffy's lifted her head from the pillow. "Ooohh...that feels good."

Spike looked up, while his tongue continued to stimulate the forbidden opening. "You like that" He asked, stopping for a moment to hear her response.

"uhnnn...yes"

Spike continued his tongue massage, tickling the small sensitive flesh between her anal opening and her quim. He teased, tickled and stabbed his tongue into her tight opening. He wanted to take her there but thought she would refuse him. Anal loving wasn't for everyone.

Buffy's head lifted from the pillow. "ummm...uhnn...uhnn...uhnnn." She gathered the pillow in her arms while she clenched and unclenched her ass, trying not to squeal. Spike's tongue had no boundaries. There wasn't a place it hadn't explored on her body as her pussy tingled and swelled. She was wet and excited as her juices trickle out of her. She pressed her face into the pillow, biting into it until his tongue found its way inside her ass. She let out a loud gasp, releasing the pillowcase from her clenched teeth.

Spike grabbed the bottle of baby oil off the floor. Smiling while resting on his heels, he watched Buffy wiggle her ass and lift from the bed. She was missing the contact he thought and for a brief moment, he entertained the thought of asking her if she wanted him to go there but changed his mind.

"Turn over" He whispered.

Spike poured and rubbed more oil into his hands. Starting at the sides of her neck, he worked his way down, splaying in fingers as they traveled over her small full breasts, around her areolas and nipples to which he gave pinch and a once over with his thumb. He massaged along and under the perfect curve of her breasts, down to her quivering stomach. The forefinger of his left hand caressed around and inside the sensitive flesh of her navel where, with the tip of his tongue, he licked in between the small crease in the flesh that formed there. His oily hands smoothed over her thighs down the rest of her leg to the tips of her toes then back up again so his hands could cradle her ass. Spike leaned in pushing his palms against the flesh at the back of her thighs. He spread her then gave her quim one hard lick before getting off the bed.

There was a yearning to feel the solidness of his body. Her skin was starving for him, making her drowsy with pleasure. Buffy hadn't found release but she was almost there. Her body made small involuntary movements as his tongue left its wet mark on her pussy, causing her to moan for more. .

Spike placed the bottle of baby oil on the floor, feeling like he had accomplished what he set out to do, waking Buffy. He wasn't going to give her release, figuring he'd let her marinate through their date before they really celebrated their anniversary. He looked down and into her glazed over eyes, watching her travel from his crotch to the waistband of his jeans. She wanted him to finish what he started.

"Get naked now." Buffy demanded, watching Spike remove his tank top, shoes and jeans. She placed her legs over the side of the bed, reaching down to grab the baby oil.

Spike was standing in front of her naked, proud and erect. She poured a generous amount into her hands then reached as far as her arms would allow from her sitting position to coat Spike's sexy hard form. The smoothness of his body was unreal she thought as her hands glided along the hard planes and lines of his chest, waist, ass, hips, legs all the way to his feet. She skipped his cock on purpose but let the side of her face rub against it not bothered by the pre-cum that left its mark to dry and tighten on her skin.

"Turn around" She whispered.

Pouring more of the oil into her hands, Buffy barely reached his shoulders moving to form the letter Y as they traveled down his spine to the small of his back. She licked the two dimples there, which were the only imperfections on his skin. She circled her arms around his waist, and then wrapped her hand around his cock while the other played with his balls. She pumped and stroked it, feeling it thicken and extend bypassing its original erect state. She bit both his ass cheeks then smoothed over the teeth impressions with her tongue, watching them fade.

"Turn around" She whispered again, quickly taking his cock into her mouth, sucking and licking him while her fingers dug into his ass.

Buffy's request for him to get undressed sounded more like an order. Spike was never good at following orders but he made an exception for his girl. He relaxed under her touch, letting the events with Faith fade away.

Lowering his head to watch her cover every inch of him with oil. He jerked back just a little when the softness of her cheek touched the head of his cock. Spike wasn't in control and for the first time he didn't know what to do with his hands so he let them rest at his sides while she worshipped him.

It couldn't get any better than this he thought, feeling the sudden rush of pleasure throughout his body when her hands found his cock and sac. His hands joined hers as they both pumped his cock but when her teeth marked the flesh of his ass, they fell to his side again as he hissed his pleasure almost spilling into her hand.

Buffy had made a liar out of him. Just when he realized things couldn't get any better, they did while he watched her love him with her pretty mouth. He stroked the side of her face while he continued to watch her envelop him, rocking back and forth on his heels with only her grip on his ass to keep him steady. His head dipped back several times. She was navigating over his cock with skill. Over the last three months, Buffy had gotten a lot better and he was about to come again but wanted to do it while inside her. He twisted his hand in her hair, jerking her head backwards. Her mouth opened and Spike slipped his tongue inside, moving it against hers.

Buffy placed her legs back onto the bed, spreading them wide for him. Spike climbed on top of her, looking into her eyes and she looked back lovely. He had given her an Eskimo kiss, thinking there was no other place he'd rather be then with her underneath him, surrounding him. His heart thumped in his chest, forcing the three most spoken words throughout history out of his mouth.

"I love you" It was the first time he'd ever spoken those words to another woman except his mum. Buffy was special and Spike was convinced he'd found THE ONE.

Buffy's eyes opened in wide-eyed surprise. She smiled, placing a gentle kiss to his lips.

"I love you, too."

Sealing the commitment and responsibility that came with those words, they kissed. Buffy's oil slicked hands journeyed smoothly over his strong back while his hands continued to tangle in her hair. They kissed long and deep. Spike entered her slowly, making she received every hard inch of him.

Buffy was swollen and receptive, taking all of him with sensuous movements of her hips, helping her open more and more to accommodate the thickness of his cock. There was nothing slow about his thrusting as she whimpered softly and he moaned in response. When his cock found that deeper place, her stomach tightened and her breath came and went as she whispered his name against his ear.

Spike whispered in her ear. "Oh pet I can feel you tightening around me not wanting to let me go. I love pleasing you...making you feel good. Do I make you feel good, Buffy?"

Caught in a moment of orgasm, Buffy's creamy wetness was her response. Spike's low sexy voice had prompted her to come while he came with a series of short excited gasps, tensing then relaxing his oily body now wet with their sweat against hers.

Spike propped himself up on his forearms. "You know pet I had something else planned for us tonight."

Buffy raised an eyebrow. "No you didn't you pig."

"Oink, Oink" Spike chuckled. "No really. Not that I didn't plan on shagging you senseless tonight but I at least wanted to feed you first."

Feeling energized when she should have been exhausted Buffy climbed off the bed, wrapping herself back in the towel. "So tell me...is the place you're taking me to formal or informal. You know a girls gotta look her best."

"Pet you look good in anything or nothing at all. I myself prefer the nothing at all."

"I would have never guessed." She said, sarcastically opening her closet to pull out a pair of dark denim jeans and a hot pink top. She looked over her shoulder at Spike. His face was buried in the pillow. Buffy smiled wickedly then slapped him on his ass.

"Get up"

"Hey, you haven't even showered yet." Spike raised his scared eyebrow. "Unless you want me to join you."

"So not a good idea. I'll be out in ten minutes."

"Fine mean while, pet I just lay here to gather up my strength. I'm a bit nackered." He replied, licking his lips in a suggestive manner.

After they both showered and cleaned up, Spike escorted Buffy to Xander's car helping her inside. He climbed into the driver's seat, kissing Buffy on the cheek before starting the car.

"Ready pet"

"All set"

"Where are we going?"

"Just sit back and enjoy the ride."

The route Spike was taking was the same route Buffy takes on her way to school. He drove through the gate nearest the girl's dormitory, continuing on the winding road that led to the tennis courts. Buffy looked at Spike with questioning eyes.

Spike stopped the car, climbing out. He popped the trunk, pulling out a picnic basket and a large plaid blanket. Buffy blushed and couldn't stop.

"Where are we going to eat?"

Spike smiled not revealing anything. He pulled a key out of his pocket, removing the lock and chain from the gate. One of his good buddies was the captain of the tennis team and owed him favor for hooking him up with Faith. He decided to call that favor in for his date with Buffy.

"We're going to eat on the tennis court to mark the spot where we shared our first real kiss."

"Its perfect." She said, kissing him on the lips.

Spike found the switch to turn on the lights and they walked inside. After spreading out the blanket, he'd taken Buffy by the hand to lower her down onto the blanket. He removed her shoes then kissed her toes. They ate, laughed and talked about each of their visits from Faith but only briefly. It was a romantic three hours then the happy couple packed up and left, returning to Buffy's house to make love.


A/N: Thanks to everyone still following this story. Your reviews are appreciated.
Bad Timing by tahmoe
Buffy was waiting in the doorway when Anya's car pulled up. She opened the glass door. "Did you get them?" She asked, biting her nails on the other hand.

Anya smirked at her nervous roommate and friend. "Of course I got them." She said, trying to get pass Buffy to enter the house. She walked into the living room, placing the shopping bag on the couch along with her purse. "I don't see what the big deal is. I just walked in, asked the clerk where were they located and placed them on the counter. The clerk could care less what I was buying."

Buffy flopped down on the couch, placing the bag in her lap. "The big deal is...I didn't want anybody to see me buy them." The nervous blonde looked inside the bag but didn't pull out the contents.

Anya looked at her friend who grew suddenly silent, sitting down beside her. "Are you going to do it now?"

"I have to. " Buffy closed the bag, walking to the stairs. She turned to look at Anya. "Aren't you coming with me?"

It wasn't like Anya to be at a loss for words. She wanted to be there for her friend but thought her good smelling boyfriend was a better choice. "Don't you think someone else should be present?"

Buffy's eyes grew wide at the mention of Spike being there while she took the pregnancy test. "Noooo...I don't want him here. I'm sure I'm not. I haven't had any symptoms and it's happen before. I'm just making sure." She said, trying to sound convincing. Buffy's been on and off the pill since she was fifteen even though she didn't start having sex until she was eighteen. Taking the pill was good for her cramps and kept her irregular cycle regular. She skipped a period before while on the pill because she messed up a few times while taking them and she was messing up again, blaming the pressures of school, work and her relationship with Spike for her irresponsibility.

Anya folded her arms across her chest. She wasn't buying it. "Well I think you're wasting your time taking this thing. I already know you're pregnant."

"Anya!!...don't say that, we don't know for sure."

The two women walked up the stairs and into the bathroom. Buffy pulled one of the tests out of the bag. She had told Anya to buy two of them just in case. She didn't want to leave any room for error.

*~~~*

Xander looked frantically for his best friend, missing him by only a few minutes after Spike's last class. His stopped by the student union building, spotting his best friend's white blonde hair. Spike was sitting by himself, smoking a cigarette and reading one of his favorite poetry books.

"There you are man. I've been looking all over for you. You really should invest in a cell phone." Xander seated himself across from him.

Spike looked up from his book. "What's up mate?"

"Your agent called. He said it was very important you call him back. He wouldn't tell me what it was about but he sounded very excited."

Spike placed his book down and stubbed out his cigarette. "Do you have your cell phone with you?"

"Never leave home without out." Xander handed Spike his phone curious to know what all the excitement was about.

*~~~*

Faith knocked on Cordy's door to see if she wanted to join her and her new friend, Kendra for lunch in the student union. The attractive brunette had been upset with her after she found out through Willow, about Faith's visit to the DoubleMeat Palace. Cordy had been keeping her distance and Faith didn't like it. She figured inviting Cordy to lunch was her olive branch. She tried apologizing for her behavior but Cordy would not accept it, telling her she wasn't the one she needed to apologize to. Faith knew what she was talking about Buffy and flat out told Her disappointed friend she wasn't ready to forgive Buffy but did tell her she would think about it. Faith was lieing. She just wanted to stay friends with Cordy because her parents were loaded and Cordy was a generous friend.

*~~~*

Cordelia wasn't in the mood for company so when she heard the knock at her door she tried to ignore it but after the fourth knock who ever it was knew she was in her room. She cursed under her breath and answered it. She tried to hide the disappointment when she saw Faith and Kendra standing at her door. They were like two peas in a pod, hot-tempered and hot in the ass. Willow once referred to them as Frick and Frack.

They were even rumored to be lovers after being spotted in the Bronze making out in the balcony section on several occasions. Cordy didn't bother to ask Faith if she and the Latina were screwing each other although she was dieing to know but she was making a sincere effort to stay out of other people's business.

"Hey what's up girl? Kendra and I are going to the student union for lunch. I want you to come with us."

Cordy had no intentions of inviting them in. She'd been keeping her distance from Faith, spending most of her time holed up in her room but it was quite the opposite a few months ago. Due to her estrangement from Buffy, she'd been hanging out with Faith and Kendra a lot more until she found out the angry brunette and her 'friend' confronted Buffy at the DoubleMeat Palace. She had hoped Faith would just let it go. Three months had passed since she found out and she was tired of hearing about it, suggesting to Faith that she seek professional help through student services to deal with her anger issues.

Two months had passed since she confronted Buffy and Spike and Cordy was glad Faith never mentioned them once, leading her to believe the angry brunette had taken her advice and gotten some help not that Faith would admit to it she thought. Honestly, Cordy didn't care anymore but if someone would have asked her eight months ago if she thought Spike and Buffy would still be together, she would have laughed and said absolutely not.

Cordy missed both her friends. She and Buffy were slowly starting to rebuild their relationship taking it one day at a time and things seemed to be going well as long as they didn't talk about Spike or Faith. She felt Faith deserved the same chance. She realized too much time had passed and it was time to reestablish her relationship with both women. She knew it was going to be impossible to hang out with both of them at the same time, deciding she was going to split her time between the two.

"Sure, why not...I'll get my purse...but I need to stop by the ATM machine on our way there." Cordy grabbed her purse and all three women stepped onto the elevator.

*~~~*

"I want to take it again." Buffy said, staring at the positive test.

"No" Anya replied, grabbing the empty box. "It says right here 99.9% accurate and we've already taken two. You're pregnant Buffy and taking another test is not going to change that."

Buffy sat on the edge of the tub, still holding the test in her hand. "I know but I've been on these things for so long so what I missed a few here and there but I always caught back up."

Anya tried to show restraint, wanting to smack her friend. It was hard to show sympathy since it was clearly stupid of Buffy not making Spike wear a condom during sex until she got back on track with her pills. "So what now...are you going to tell Spike?"

"Of course I'm going to tell him." Buffy placed the empty boxes and positive tests into the shopping bag then tossed it into the trashcan.

"Are you going to keep it?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know? Buffy, you're too young and certainly not equipped to have a kid. You're still in school and you only have a part time job that's not enough to support a baby. You should get an abortion and fast. I think you're at least ten weeks and the clinic want perform the procedure on you if you go past thirteen. It's going to cost you about $500.00. Get Spike to give you half, go down to the clinic and have it taken care of."

"God, Anya you make it sound like a business transaction."

"That's because it is."

"How do you know so much?"

Anya didn't answer her not wanting to talk about the past. "Lets just say I knew someone who had one."

Seeing the pain on her friend's face made Buffy realize Anya was talking about herself.

"Do you want me to make the appointment for you? I know you're not on the schedule at work for Friday. It's perfect. You can have the weekend to recuperate and not have to miss any classes."

"Slow down. I haven't even told Spike yet and you already have me up on the table."

"Look Buffy the quicker you get rid of it the less attached you become and the easier it will be to get over it."

Anya was speaking from experience. She was 14 weeks when she got her abortion, lieing to the doctor about her last period to put her at 12 weeks so she could get it. She was 16 and very attached to the growing life inside her. After it was done, she cried for weeks never fully recovering from the life altering decision.

"You know Spike and I talked about getting married and having kids...nothing too serious just hypothetically". Buffy couldn't meet Anya eyes when she made that statement while she walked out of the bathroom.

"Are you serious? I can't believe you're even considering the possibility of keeping it. You've only been dating Spike for eight months. In a few months he'll be graduating and you'll still be in school. Anya followed Buffy into the hallway. " Spike doesn't strike me as the fatherly type and I'm sure he doesn't want to start off his adult life already raising a kid."

"He can get a job."

"Buffy listen to yourself. Spike wants to be an actor in Hollywood. Sure, he's had a few parts and made a little money but he hasn't worked since. I read somewhere only 1% of the millions of actors in Hollywood actually make a living at it."

"I know what you're trying to do Anya and I thank you for it but I really don't know what I'm going to do."

Anya still couldn't believe Buffy was contemplating keeping the baby. It was time for some harsh truth not that it was problem for her.

"Look, you're not the only one this decision is going to affect. If you keep this baby, you will ruin your life, the baby's and Spike's. Can you live with that?"

Buffy was getting angry. She opened her mouth about to tell Anya to go to hell but didn't. Instead she walked away, shutting her bedroom door, leaving Anya standing in the hallway.

*~~~*

"Well what did he say?"

"He said the producer and the director are considering me and another guy for the part for this movie I auditioned for a few months ago. They need me in LA for a final audition and I'll find out in a few days if I got the part."

"That is so excellent. You'll get it. You have that look and chicks dig you. You'll get it and we'll be rich and famous."

"We"

"Hey, I'm your best friend. I'm allowed to milk the tit of your success."

"Nothing's for sure Xander, I still have to audition."

"I know...so when do we leave?"

"Tonight...the audition is in the morning. It would mean we would have to miss a few classes."

"Look at my face then ask me if I care?"

*~~~*

Buffy had called Spike's room. He wasn't there and she couldn't think of Xander's cell phone number so drove to campus, hoping Spike would be in his room by the time she got there. He wasn't so she headed for the student union to get something to eat.

As soon as she walked into the building, she saw Spike and Xander sitting at a table in the middle of the food court. She had taken a deep breath and let it out as she approached their table.

Xander spotted her first. "It's the Buffster." He shouted, drawing a few stares from the other students.

Spike looked up, stubbing out his second cigarette. He was happy to see her, opening his arms to pull her into a deep kiss before lifting her off her feet.

"Hello, luv"

"Hi" Spike's over enthusiastic greeting made her heart flutter. "I guess I'm correct in saying you're happy to see me."

Spike lowered her back to her feet. "Always". He sat down, pulling Buffy onto his lap then kissed her neck while he ran his hand affectionately along her thigh.

"What's up Xander?" She said.

"Oh nothing. How's Anya?" Xander always asked Buffy how her very attractive roommate was doing. He's had a crush on her sense she danced with him one night at the Bronze when one else would. He never found the courage to ask her out but he made sure Buffy passed along his inquiries.

"She's fine."

"Tell her I said hello."

"Will do."

Buffy turned her attention back to Spike. "I've been looking for you."

"Looks like you're popular today." Xander responded, looking through his wallet to see if he had enough money for something to eat and for his road trip with Spike. "Hey you guys I'm going to get something to eat. Do you want anything?"

"Yeah, can you get me some fries and a diet coke" Buffy pulled out her wallet.

"Put your money away luv. I got it." Spike removed his wallet, handing Xander a twenty-dollar bill. "Get me that onion thing."

"Oh no, I'm not kissing you with onion breath."

"Well, we can't have that now can we?" Spike couldn't bare the thought of not kissing his Buffy. "Make it buffalo wings".

Buffy watched Xander walk in the direction of food line. She looked back at Spike. "What was Xander talking about?"

"I'll tell you later."

"Is it good news or bad new?"

"Oh its good, it's very good" Spike nuzzled her neck.

Buffy wanted to know the good news now, wiggling on Spike's lap to try to get him to her but he just smiled. When Xander returned to the table with their food, she grabbed her fries and diet coke. She had eaten all her fries, several of Spike's buffalo wings and some of Xander's nachos.

"Jesus, Buffy...were you hungry?" There was sarcasm in Spike's voice. He'd never seen Buffy put away so much food.

Buffy didn't respond, finishing the rest of her diet coke. She had experienced her first symptom of being pregnant, surprising herself she had eaten so much but once she got a taste of the salty goodness she couldn't stop eating. She realized it was time to talk to Spike. He wasn't a fool. If she kept eating like this around him, he would begin to suspect something and she didn't want him to find out she was pregnant that way.

"Can we go to your room and talk?"

Spike raised his eyebrows, giving Buffy a wicked smile. "You're sure you just want to talk?"

Out of nowhere, she found herself annoyed with his question. "Is sex all you think about?"

"Its all I think about." Xander replied.

"No one asked you Xander." Buffy snapped, silencing the stunned man.

"Hey...easy pet. What's wrong?"

"Forget it. I'll talk to you later. Sorry I snapped at you Xander." The humiliated brunette nodded, accepting her apology. Buffy tried to get off Spike's lap but he held onto her.

"I want be here later." He replied.

"Where are you going?"

"My agent called. I have to be in LA in the morning."

"Another meeting."

"No something better."

"Spike is up for a part in this big movie."

"Xander!!!" Spike shouted.

"I couldn't help it. You were taking too long."

"What time are you leaving?"

Spike looked at Xander since they were taking his car. "What else do you have to do today mate?"

"I have one more class then I'm done for the day. We can be on the rode in about two hours."

"Perfect, that will give us plenty of time to talk and I can change. Lets go luv."

Buffy stood up and walked ahead of Spike. She had butterflies in her stomach. Part of her was afraid to tell him.

Spike turned to Xander. "Don't come back to the room right away after class. I want some alone time with Buffy before we leave."

"No sweat, just don't do it on my bed."

Spike grabbed Buffy by the hand, kissing the back of it. He stopped a few feet from the entrance, bending down to pick up a yellow buttercup out of the fresh green grass.

He placed it in her blonde hair. "There"

Buffy smiled, feeling some of the tension leave her body from the romantic gesture. She cupped the side of his face. "You're so sweet."

"Wait"

"What?"

Spike pretended to take a snapshot of the perfect smiling woman who had stolen his heart. "I want to remember you just like this while I'm gone. " He pulled Buffy to him. "I'll miss you."

There was a smile as wide as the Grand Canyon on her face. How could she not want to have a baby with this man she thought. "Its only a few hours."

"Every minute without you feels like a lifetime, pet." Spike lowered his mouth to hers, kissing her passionately. It was so passionate Buffy had to pull way from him. The fiery kiss was a little too much PDA, considering where they were standing.

"You know we're just going to talk ...right?"

"I promise to keep my hands to myself."

Turning away from each other to begin they journey to his dorm, they came face-to-face with Cordy, Faith and some chick she didn't even know staring at them. It was one of the most awkward and uncomfortable moments of Buffy's life. She realized it was the first time any of them had seen her and Spike together.

If looks could kill, she and Spike would be laid out in front of the student union building. Faith had turned bright red, clenching and unclenching her fists at her sides. Buffy noticed the girl standing beside her was stroking Faith's arm to calm her. It was very affectionate.

Cordy's face was unreadable and Buffy didn't know why the other chick was giving her the same look as Faith but she had a good idea.

Refusing to feel ashamed, Buffy stared into each of their eyes but only acknowledged her best friend. "Hey, Cordy"

"Hi, Buffy...Spike" The stunned brunette replied.

He nodded. "Hello, pet" as he tighten his arm around Buffy's waist. "Lets go, luv." They walked away.
*~~~*

Spike ushered Buffy into his room, holding the door open for her. She sat down on his bed, which was probably not a good idea. Spike had taken a seat beside her.

"So tell me about this movie."

"No you go first. It is why we're here. You said you wanted to talk."

"I know but I want to hear the good news...mine can wait."

"Well, its simple really I auditioned for this movie and the producer and director liked me and want me to audition again."

"Who are the major stars?"

Spike shrugged. "I believe its Harrison Ford and Charlize Theron."

"What is the movie about?'

"Harrison plays this older man married to a much younger woman played by Charlize Theron. They are happily married but a chance encounter with a handsome stranger played by me threatens their marriage. She and the handsome stranger have a passionate affair. The husband finds out about it and kills them both but there's a twist. It turns out the husband was also having an affair with the blonde stranger too. "

"So you're going to be smooching Charlize Theron on camera and Harrison Ford. I can't say I'm too crazy about you cheating on me even if its make believe." She said, playfully.

"You don't have to worry about that luv. I would never cheat on you. I love you."

Buffy didn't respond but a single tear did fall from her eye.

"Hey, why the tears, pet"

Buffy sniffed. "My emotions have been up and down all day."

"I've noticed. You practically took poor Xander's head off." Spike nuzzled her neck. "So what was it you wanted to talk to me about?"

"It can wait until you get back."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive" Buffy kissed Spike on the lips. "I'm going to go, now." Standing, she grabbed her purse then turned to him. "I'll see you when you get back."

Spike grabbed Buffy's hand. "Where do you think you're going?"

"You don't actually expect me to stay here while you change in front of me."

"I damn well do. We came here to talk but you changed your mind so that means I can change my mind about keeping my hands to myself."

"Spike you're going to be leaving soon."

"Soon but not now" He pulled her to him.

Buffy placed her hands on his chest. "What about Xander?"

"I told him to stay away for a while. Now give me a kiss."

"You're so demanding."

"So"

"I like it."

Buffy wrapped her arms around his neck. Spike lowered his head to kiss her, backing her into the bed. Breaking their kiss, Buffy sat down on the bed while he kneeled between her legs. He parted them further to press his chest against hers, running his hands up and down her back. He teased her lips with his tongue licking over them slowly. Buffy opened her mouth, letting his tongue slip inside. The kiss was soft and sensual making her wet. Spike took off her shirt and unhooked her bra, then removed his shirt. He guided one of her hands to his chest, placing it over his heart.

"You feel that. It beats like that whenever I'm with you."

Buffy closed her eyes, feeling the strong beat of his heart. She could feel her own heart beating just as fast as his but Spike had a way with words that always sent her heart racing. He guided her hand to his mouth, pressing her fingers to his lips and giving each of the tips a wet kiss and a little tongue. Buffy's nipples tightened and she could feel the tingling in her stomach move down to her sex.

Spike removed her wet fingers from his mouth, trailing them down the center of his chest to his erection. Buffy unfastened his jeans, pushing them down then scooted back on the bed, kicking off her shoes. She unbuttoned her own jeans, sliding them off her hips while Spike stood to pull his off the rest of the way.

Unfortunately, they had to limit the foreplay because they expecting Xander to return soon. They both came pretty quick and it was just as intense and pleasurable like all the other times. She told him not to bother walking her out since he needed to get ready to leave. She kissed him on the lips, wishing him luck with his audition.

A/N: Please don't flame me for Anya's suggestion Buffy get an abortion.
Right Girl, Wrong Time by tahmoe
Author's Notes:
It has been two months since I last updated this story. I hope everyone enjoys the chapter. I'm interested in what you have to say so leave a review. Since I'm where I want to be with my other WIP, I have more time to dedicate to this one.
Two days had passed since Spike's return and he still hadn't seen Buffy. He could understand why he didn't on the day of his return. He was exhausted from his trip and had to attend his remaining few classes for that day. Afterwards, he returned to his dorm room for some much needed rest. He called her when he woke up, expecting to leave a message since he knew she would be at work but when she answered the phone, he immediately asked her what was wrong. She told him nothing but Spike could always tell when something was wrong with his girl. He didn't believe her until she finally told him she wasn't feeling well. Jokingly, he offered to bring her chicken soup. He laughed but stopped when she wasn't laughing with him. He knew there was something she wasn't telling him. Rather than persist, he let her get some rest and told her he would see her soon. Whatever it was, she would tell him in due time.

*~~~*

"Here you go" Anya handed Buffy a piece of dry plain toast and a glass of warm ginger ale.

Buffy grabbed the glass and small plate. "Thanks An".

"Do you need anything else before I go?"

"No, you've done enough. Thanks for covering my shift again. I owe you one."

"Two and you damn right you do and I plan on collecting."

Buffy smiled then took a bite out of the toast. Anya had been a great friend. Over the past two days, Buffy hadn't been feeling well. She missed a few classes and two days of work. Ever since she found out she was pregnant she was tired and hungry all the time and was unable to keep anything down. She was throwing up as soon as she swallowed anything, and urinating every ten minutes. Anya suggested she try toast, crackers and ginger ale. It seemed to do the trick.

Anya had given Buffy a weak smile. She got up from the edge the bed and walked towards the door then stopped to turn around to look at her sickly friend. "Have you decided what you're going to do yet?"

Buffy could barely look her friend in the eye, taking a sip of ginger ale and another bite of toast.

"I'll take that as a no." Anya huffed. "Have you even told Spike yet?"

Buffy shook her head then sat the cup and plate on her nightstand before sinking back down into the pillows. She wanted to pull the covers over her head, hoping when she pulled them off all this would be a dream.

"Buffy!!" Anya yelled, what the hell are you waiting for? It's been two days already and whether you want to or not. You have to deal with this."

"You know I haven't been feeling well and I'm waiting for the right moment."

Anya was pissed her friend still hadn't made a decision. She was convinced Buffy was in denial. Someone needed to put a fire under her friend's ass. "You are so full of shit and you know it. You've been skipping out on your classes, missing work, and avoiding Spike. You're being irresponsible... again. Damn it Buffy haven't you learned anything? You need to grow up and deal with this now."

"All right!! Buffy shouted. "You're right and I will."

"I mean it Buffy...grow up."

"I'm going to tell him today."

"I hope so." Anya replied. She walked out the door, hoping Spike would help Buffy make the right decision.

Buffy watched her friend leave then pulled the covers over her head.

*~~~*

"I got it. I bloody got it." Spike shouted quickly getting Xander's attention as soon as the brunette entered the room with a load of laundry in his hands.

"You shitten me. You got it. You really got it."

"My agent just called. He said they loved me and they're drawing up the contracts now."

"How much?"

"You may want to sit down for this part mate. Are you ready?"

"Wait" Xander had put down his laundry basket then sat down on his bed. "Okay...wait." He changed seats, moving from the bed to his desk chair. "Okay now I'm ready."

"$300,000"

Xander jumped up from his seat, screaming with his pal. He grabbed Spike and hugged him. They both started jumping up and down. Xander shouted. "We're rich, we're rich." Then abruptly stopped, when he felt the twinkie he had eaten while waiting for his clothes to dry, was about to come up. He backed away and sat down but once the urge to throw up subsided, he was back to shouting they were rich.

"Not rich mate, but I want be eating out of a garbage can anytime soon while I'm living in LA." Spike placed his hands behind his head, lying back on his bed.

"So give me the details...when do you leave to shoot the movie?" Xander asked, rubbing his hands together as if he was warming them by a fire.

Suddenly, Spike wasn't smiling anymore.

"What's wrong?" Xander asked.

"The movie shoots in Canada. I'll be gone for three months then I have to be in LA soon after for follow up work and that's another two to three months."

Xander shrugged. "So what's the problem?"

"The problem is I have to drop out of school."

"So drop out. Man you're going to be a movie star."

"I have to leave Buffy."

"Oh come on. Don't get me wrong. Buffy's a great girl but she'll understand."

For some reason, Spike was getting the feeling Xander was talking about something more. He needed his friend to elaborate. "What are you saying?"

"You know exactly what I'm saying. You have to break up with her." Xander removed the laundry basket and assumed the same position as Spike on his bed.

"You're off your nut. I'm not breaking up with Buffy."

"Lets look at the facts here...shall we. You're leaving for Canada." Xander looked over at Spike for the answer."

"The movie starts shooting in a two weeks."

"Right... after that you have to find a place to live and go on auditions until its time to promote the movie which means endless interviews, appearances and parties. You want have time for her. Chicks really get upset when you don't call them." Xander turned to look at Spike again. Did I mention the women in LA are hot? Once they find out you have a movie coming out, you're going to have to beat them off with a stick. You will be the man."

Spike knew Xander was making perfect sense. Ever since freshman year things had been working out great for him. He even got some small roles in a few movies. Sure they all went straight to DVD but those roles furnished him with an awesome resume and tones of acting experience over the last three in the half years. He had made a little money from the various roles and saved a lot of it. He was going to buy a car, find a place to live, and become a famous actor but even if he didn't become famous he would settle for a working actor. He had played the scenario over and over again in his mind. He had spent so much time perfecting his art he avoided getting into serious relationships, settling for short-term flings. Besides, he was young and couldn't see the point in tieing himself down to one chick but cupid had other plans. Buffy, his blonde goddess, had stolen his heart. She was the closet thing to perfection for him.

Xander looked over at his friend, wondering why he was so quite. He sat up and snapped his fingers. "Hey are you in there?"

Spike turned to him. "Yeah I was just thinking."

"Thinking how Buffy is the right girl for you but that she came along at the wrong time."

"I really hate it when you're right."

"I'm your yoda man." Xander got off the bed and started putting away his laundry. "Now snap out of this mood. You already said you're not dumping her. I'm sure you two will work something out." He put away the last of his laundry then leaned against his dresser, folding his arms across his chest. "What you need to be thinking about is where we're going to celebrate. I think we should go to the Bronze. Buffy should go with us too and tell her to bring her friend Anya.."

Spike rolled his eyes. "Why don't you just ask her out on a date yourself?"

Xander turned to admire himself in the mirror. "I will in due time but I have to make sure she's ready for the Xan man before I make my move." He licked his fingers then smoothed out his eyebrows.

"Xan man?" Spike questioned raising his an eyebrow.

The brunette looked at his friend through the mirror. "What?" He asked, holding his hands out in front of him.

Spike shook his head while his friend continued to check himself out in the mirror. He stared up at the ceiling while making a mental list of things he needed to do before he left for Canada. Buffy was first on that list. There were some things they needed to talk about. Can their relationship survive the long distance? Should they break up but still keep in touch? He didn't know but once they talked he was sure things would become a lot clearer. He closed his eyes, getting further lost in his thoughts until a knock at the door brought him back.

"Who is it?" Xander asked.

"Its Buffy."

The brunette enthusiastically opened the door. "Hey it's the Buffster." He shouted.

"I can see that mate." Spike said, sitting up on his bed.

Buffy greeted Xander with a smile then said hello. She walked into the room turning her attention from the brunette to her gorgeous blonde boyfriend who was looking quite scrumptious sitting on his bed. Her stomach was in knots, which wasn't good considering she still felt like shit. Spike hugged her off her feet and the warm loving greeting made her want to cry but she fought back the tears.

"I was just about to call you, pet. I have some great news."

"I'll leave you two alone and Spike don't forget" Xander said, walking towards the door.

Spike placed Buffy back on her feet. He crinkled his brow at the statement his friend had made. "Forget about what."

Xander tilted his head, giving his blonde friend a pissed off look. "You know."

Spike knew exactly what his friend was talking about. He wanted to play with him a little bit. He stood there gesturing with his head like he still didn't know what Xander was talking about. The brunette made the same gesture again but it was much more intense. He didn't want to remind Spike out loud in front of Buffy.

Finally deciding to put his friend out of his misery, he winked at him. Xander huffed out the door.

"What was that all about?"

"Xander wants you to invite Anya to the Bronze with his tonight."

"And why are we going to the Bronze?"

"To celebrate."

Buffy looked at him, waiting to hear what they were celebrating.

"Before I tell you, let me do this."

Spike lowered his head, kissing Buffy on the lips and then pulled away. "I've missed you." He whispered then leaned in for more but she pulled away.

"What's wrong?"

Buffy answered his question with a question of her own. "So what are we celebrating?"

Her question did temporary distract him. A huge smile appeared on Spike's face.

"I got the part, pet. I'm finally going to be in a movie that want go straight to video."

"Wow that's great." Buffy turned around when she felt her eyes well up with tears. There was no way she could tell him now that she was pregnant and ruin his good news.

Spike stopped smiling. He tilted his head to the side. "Buffy?"

"So I guess you'll be leaving soon huh?" Buffy started to wipe the tears from her eyes.

"Yeah about that, pet"

Buffy didn't like the way Spike's voice sounded but she couldn't turn around to face him.

"I have to go to Canada."

"Canada!!!" Buffy shouted before turning around.

Spike's eyes opened wide at the sight of Buffy's tear stained face.

"Hey why the tears, pet. Its not like I'm not coming back." Spike approached Buffy, pulling her to him. She wrapped her arms around him and more tears started coming along with a few sobs.

Spike couldn't believe how much she was crying. He didn't expect her to react this way to his news.

"Sweetheart, I know it's going to be hard but I think we can survive it. Please stop crying...it's killing me, luv."

Buffy couldn't keep letting Spike think she was crying because he had to leave. She had to tell him, trying to find the words. She pulled away from him and looked into his eyes then lost the nerve.

Spike wiped a tear off her cheek with his thumb. "I'll call you every chance I get and we can write and you'll visit me."

"Spike, I'm pregnant." She blurted out.

Spike released his hold on her and backed away to Buffy's disappointment.

"No...when...how...I mean I know how but I thought." He was at a loss for words, staring at Buffy for answers.

She stepped to him but he backed away from her. She looked at him with questioning eyes. She didn't like the distance he was putting between them.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Like what?"

"Like I'm the most horrible thing you've ever seen."

"So what are you going to do about it?"

"Don't you mean we?"

Spike didn't like the tone in her question. He had said something wrong.

"Of course pet." He remained silent.

"Well"

"Well what, luv?"

"How do you feel about it?"

Spike knew he had to be careful not to say the wrong thing. "Do you want to keep it?"

Buffy's heart sank when Spike didn't answer her question; making it obvious he wasn't happy about it.

"I thought about keeping it."

"What about school and work?"

"Jesus you sound like Anya."

"Anya, you told Anya before you told me...who else knows?"

"Nobody". Buffy could feel herself getting angry at Spike. She didn't expect him to be so distant and unconcerned. Where was the question about how was she feeling? Hell, she would have settled for him asking how far along she was?

"What's your problem?"

"What do you mean? I don't have a problem."

"I tell you I'm pregnant and the only thing you seemed to be concerned about is who else knows."

"Look it's a bit of a shock for me. I need some time to let this sink in."

"Let it sink in. Is that it...that's all you have to say!"

"I really don't know what to say!"

"You got that right," She mumbled under her breath.

Spike had heard what she said. "Christ Buffy what the bloody hell do you want me to say!"

"You don't have to shout."

"Well you're shouting at me!"

The couple stared at each other neither of them knew what to say anymore. Buffy took a few steps back then turned around to walk out the door. She slammed it behind her.

Spike couldn't bring himself to follow her. He leaned against the wall, sliding down the hard surface to sit down. He folded his arms across his knees and lowered his head. He had said all the wrong things. He should have been honest with her from the start. He didn't want to raise a kid at this point in his life especially when his acting career was getting back on track. If this movie was a success, he was going to ride the wave of fame and everything that came with it. If he'd just stuck with his plan not to get seriously involved with anyone, this would not have happened. He managed three years without having a girlfriend. Then Buffy comes along, making him go against everything he said he wouldn't do, like falling in love. Xander was right. There was no doubt in his mind Buffy was the right girl for him just at the wrong time.

Xander knocked on the door then turned the knob. Since it wasn't locked, he figured the two lovebirds weren't making hot monkey love. His smile faded when he saw his best friend sitting on the floor and that Buffy was gone.

"Hey man...why so down?"

"Buffy's pregnant"

"WHAT!!!...What a minute, wait a minute. Did you say what I think you just said? Buffy's pregnant."

"That's what I said, mate."

Xander was shocked. "Weren't you guys using something?"

"She's on the pill."

"Then how...I thought when you took those things. It was almost impossible to get pregnant. This is bad man... this is bad. Is she going to keep it?"

"I think so."

"And how do you feel about that?"

"I want kids but not now. Especially not now since things are starting to happen for me. Should've stuck to the plan."

"Dude, I hate to say it but I told you so. Maybe you should have stuck it out with Faith."

Spike had given his friend an annoyed look. "Shut up, Xander"

*~~~*

Buffy had driven to the park, sitting down on the bench to people watch and to clear her head. Things didn't go so well with Spike and it was all her fault. He had asked what she wanted from him and all she had to say was that she wanted him to wrap his arms around her and tell her everything was going to be all right. Instead she walked out, getting upset with him because he couldn't read her mind.

She wasn't paying any attention to the numerous people that walked by her until she got up to leave. She spotted a mother and a father playing with their two children. They looked so happy together. She couldn't help but smile at the picture perfect sight as she walked by them on the way to her car. She wanted that some day, knowing it was unrealistic of her to think she could have a baby and give it the best possible life when she had a maturity level of a kid herself, no full-time job, no degree, and no father. She watched the family while she sat in her car and wiped away her tears. She had made her decision. She wasn't going to keep the baby and she needed to talk to Spike to apologize for being such a hormonal bitch.

When she arrived him, Oz and Amy were sitting in the living room watching TV. They both turned and looked at her at the same time. The looks on their faces prompted Buffy to ask them was something wrong.

"Is everything all right with you?" Amy asked.

"I'm okay." Buffy lied. She didn't want anyone else to know about her situation especially since she decided to have an abortion.

"That's good" Amy replied then turned her attention back to the TV.

"There is a message on the answering machine from Spike." Oz said.

Buffy walked into the kitchen and pressed play.


"Buffy I'm so sorry. Please forgive me. I want you to know I will be there for you and support whatever decision you make. Xander and I are going to the Bronze. Please meet me there so we can talk."

There was a pause. "Oh, Xander told me to tell you to bring Anya."


Buffy was glad he called but she was the one who needed to apologize. She called Anya at work. They were going to go to the Bronze after her shift ended which was in four hours. In the mean time, Buffy was going to take a nap.

*~~~*

Spike and Xander walked into the Bronze and found some seats. They made sure they sat at a table that had two extra chairs.

"Tonight all drinks are on me. You can pay me back when you get that fat six figure check."

Spike wasn't feeling the place. "I changed my mind Xander, lets go some place else."

"Why? You told Buffy to meet you here and don't forget she's going to bring Anya."

"I don't think she is going to come. She was really mad at me."

"She's going to show. You two are made for each other." Xander put his arm around Spike's shoulder. "Lets have a few drinks, play some pool and chill out. This is a celebration man. You're going to be famous." Xander signaled for the waitress. He ordered six shots of tequila. They played pool, darts, flirted and downed more shots. Xander knew his limit; stopping after his sixth shoot but that didn't stop Spike.

"Are you Irish?"

"No, why do you ask mate?"

Xander was buzzing, losing his train of thought. "uhhh, I forgot." Both men laughed.

"I'm going to dance. See ya" Xander said.

Spike was drunk. He laid his head on the table so he didn't have to look at the room spinning around any more.

"My poor little Spike."

Spike recognized the voice. It was Drusilla. He looked up and smiled.

"Hello Dru, It's been a long time."

"Too long...I've missed you. Have you been hiding from me?"

"Now why would I want to hide from someone as lovely as you, pet."

"Well if I'm so lovely why haven't you called?"

"I'm sorry pet. I've been busy with school."

"Bad Spike. You shouldn't tell lies. I know about your little blonde. She's quite pretty. What's her name?"

"I knew I couldn't pull one over on you, pet. Her name is Buffy."

"What a funny name? So why isn't this Buffy here to take care of you. You're not looking so well."

"She's mad at me."

"Has my Spike been a bad boy?"

"Always". Spike had given the brunette beauty a mischievous smile.

Drusilla mirrored his smile. The only thing better than a horny Spike was a drunken horny Spike.

"Lets go," She said, helping him up.

Xander spotted his friend talking to Drusilla. He had a worried look on his face. He was about to walk off the dance floor until he spotted a cute blonde dancing by herself and made his way over to her. After she dissed him, he turned his attention back to Spike but he was gone. He shrugged and started dancing by himself again.

*~~~*

Buffy and Anya walked into the Bronze and Buffy immediately started feeling queasy from all the cigarette smoke and the smell of booze. She knew her stay wasn't going to be long. She wanted to find Spike quickly and get the hell out of there. She spotted Xander on the dance floor. She tapped Anya on the shoulder and pointed in his direction. Anya smiled. She liked Xander and she was glad he wanted to see her. They both walked over to him. Buffy tapped him on the shoulder.

Xander turned around. "Hey Buffy" He said and then he saw Anya. He cleared his throat. "Hello, Anya"

"Hi Xander" The infatuated couple stared at each other like giddy teenagers.

"Where's Spike?" Buffy asked.

"I think he went back to the dorms. He was pretty down. He didn't think you would show." However the truth was, Xander didn't know where Spike was.

Buffy was disappointed Spike wasn't there but she couldn't blame him for thinking that. She wished she had called him to let him know she was coming.

"Anya, are you going to be okay. I'm going to the dorms."

The blushing girl asked Xander was she going to be okay.

"She's in good hands Buffy. I'll make sure she gets home safely." Xander looked at Anya. "Do you want to dance?"

"Of course."

Buffy hurried out the club.

*~~~*

Spike had trouble focusing on putting the key in the lock.

"Dru darling can you help me?" She had taken the key out of his hand and quickly ushered Spike into his room.

He still could barely walk. She was hoping he would have sobered up on the drive to his dorm. Now she was going to have to rely on her feminine wiles to do the trick. She had sat him down on his bed without having any trouble figuring out which side was his. Spike was incredibly neat. She removed his boats and started unbuttoning his shirt.

"What are you doing?"

"Hush now. I'm just making you comfortable."

Dru only managed to get Spike's shirt half way off before he passed out on the bed.

"Spike...Spike" She shook him and then tapped him on the cheek. "Spike"

Dru wanted Spike bad but there was no way she could shag him while he was unconscious. It seemed too desperate so she called Angel. Lucky for her he was in his room. She didn't bother placing Spike's feet on the bed, leaving him in the same pathetic position. She looked at herself in the mirror before exiting his room, noticing the cute blonde stepping off the elevator. It was Buffy and the perfect opportunity for her to start some trouble.

"Our boy is so insatiable." She said before stepping onto the elevator.

The brunette's words stunned Buffy because she knew the meaning behind them. She recognized the brunette as the girl she saw Spike talking to a long time ago in front of Cordy's dorm. She had never forgotten that day. It was the first time she and Spike made eye contact. The look in his eyes was enough to masturbate to. Buffy was crushed. How could he she thought, walking pass his room to take the stairs out of the building. She got into her car and cried all the way home.
Things Aren't What They Seem by tahmoe
Author's Notes:
Warning: This chapter deals with the sensitive subject of abortion.
If someone were to ask Xander what was the best thing that ever happened to him, he would have to say tonight. He and Anya had danced the night away and he was still dancing as he approached his dorm room. He put his key in the lock and turned it but the door was already unlocked. When he entered his room the first thing he noticed was his best friend laying on his side with his arms twisted in his shirt. Xander placed his hands on his hips, shaking his head. The laughable sight pretty much told him Spike had gotten shit faced and must have passed out. The brunette placed his keys on his dresser then walked over to his friend. He pulled Spike's arms out of his shirt then felt the blonde grab his hand affectionately.

"Buffy luv, take your time we got all night." Spike mumbled before falling back into his stupor.

"Oh no we don't." Xander replied, pulling his hand away quickly. He wanted to make his friend more comfortable on the bed but was afraid if he touched him again, he would become his bitch so he grabbed Spike by the ankles and placed his legs on the bed. Xander watched Spike curl up into the fetal position. The brunette pulled the blanket off his bed and covered his friend with it.

Xander removed his smoky clothes and climbed into bed. He was too excited to close his eyes because thoughts of Anya wouldn't let him. He smiled, thinking about the time they spent at Denny's after closing down the Bronze. They talked for what seemed like hours. Well she did most of the talking he just listened. He was both shocked and amused by the things that came out of her mouth. One thing he learned about Anya was that she held nothing back. He liked that about her, finding it very refreshing that she spoke her mind. She certainly was different from all the other girls he had dated which weren't many and as far as he was concern there weren't going to be anymore. Anya was the only girl for him. When he pulled into her driveway, they sat in the car and shared their first kiss that turned into many kisses, giving Xander the courage to ask her out on a date. He was elated when she accepted.

*~~~*

Buffy nibbled on crackers and drank water while waiting patiently for Anya to come home. She couldn't sleep and she needed someone to talk to. When she saw headlights, she peeked through the blinds. It was Xander's car. She had expected Anya to walk through the door at any minute but after what seemed like hours, she decided to go to bed. She smiled, thinking the two had really hit it off and were making out in the car. As Buffy approached the stairs, the door opened and she couldn't resist the urge to tease her friend.

"Anya and Xander sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G." She sang, walking towards her blushing friend. "I take it the night went well for you."

"Tonight was awesome and Xander is a very good kisser." Anya had a smile from ear to ear. She grabbed Buffy by the hands and escorted her to the couch. "We went to breakfast and we talked and we laughed. You know Xander is a really a very funny guy and sexy too."

"Sexy...now that is a term I would have never associated with Xander."

"Oh yeah and I think I'm going to have lots of orgasms with him."

"TMI" Buffy said. Both women laughed then tried to quite each other so they didn't wake up their other roommates.

"Hey wait a minute. What are you doing up so late?"

Buffy had stopped smiling then held her head down.

"Is everything all right?"

"No" She looked up at Anya. "Spike pulled a Riley."

The brunette didn't say anything right away, staring at Buffy as if waiting for her to say something else. When she didn't, Anya shrugged. "Am not surprised."

"Anya!!!"

"What? He's a guy and that's what they do. They have trouble keeping it in their pants. So who did he screw?"

"This girl. I don't even know her name but I remember her face. It never occurred to me to ask him about her when we got together. Spike never volunteered information about other girls he had dated."

"Didn't want to know the number huh?"

Buffy shrugged. "Maybe" She placed her legs under herself before she continued. "I only seen her once. It was on the day when I moved in here. After our little get together, I dropped Cordy off in front of her dorm and as I was about to leave, I spotted Spike talking to her."

"Do you think she lives in the dorm?" Anya shifted on the couch, sitting Indian style.

"I doubt it. I've spent so much time there with Cordy I think I would have noticed somebody that looked like that."

"Is she ugly?"

Buffy hesitated.

Anya had taken her friend's hesitation as a sign the girl wasn't attractive. "That's even worse. Why do guys always cheat with girls that look like trolls?"

"I guess the trolls are easy but I wouldn't say she's a troll?"

"So she's cute?"

"She's taller than me but not by much. She has long dark hair, dark eyes and porcelain white skin."

"Sounds like a vampire...she can't be pretty."

"I would say she's exotic. Oh and she has a British accent like Spike."

"Well that explains the pale skin. England never gets any sun. So when you saw him with her what did you do? Tell me you cursed them both out along with a slap, a punch and a kick."

"Well I didn't catch him with her."

"Did he confess?"

"No, I didn't talk to Spike."

Anya crinkled her brow, looking at Buffy with questioning eyes. "Then what happened?"

"I saw her when I was getting off the elevator and she said something like, 'isn't he insatiable."

"That's it...what did you say to her?"

"Nothing, I was too shocked."

"I don't get it. You don't know her but she says this to you and right off the bat you assume she's talking about Spike."

"Right"

"I don't know about this Buffy. She probably got you mixed up with someone else."

"Who else could she have been talking about? She was on his floor and I know he knows her."

"Fine...let's say she was talking about Spike. What are you going to do about it?"

Buffy was holding her head down. "I don't know. Things are going from bad to worse with him right now."

"Karma"

Quickly the blonde looked up. "What did you say?"

"Its karma. You stole Spike from Faith and now he cheats on you with the vampire."

"I didn't steal Spike away from Faith." Buffy remained quite, letting what Anya said sink into her brain. "You really think that's what happening right now."

"Absolutely, I hope you don't think that what you two did want have its consequences. Your relationship was doomed before it even got started."

Buffy shifted. Anya's statement was making her uncomfortable.

"I know this is probably not what you want to hear but how can you expect to have a descent relationship with him when the basis of your relationship was built on deception? You betrayed Cordy by seeing him when she told you not to and you knew he was seeing Faith...so you betrayed her too. Now I know Faith has her flaws, but it doesn't justify what you and Spike did to her. Although it does make sense on the karmic wheel, she was doing dirt too and you just happen to be the person who dished it out to her by stealing her man."

Anya was right it wasn't what she wanted to hear. Her friend was sounding like Cordy, bringing back old feelings of anger she had for the brunette at that time. "Well thank you doctor for telling me the problem with my relationship. Before I get off your couch, is there anything else you want to enlighten me about?"

Buffy's sarcastic statements didn't offend Anya. They only fueled her to keep talking. "Now that you mention it, I do. Take Spike for instance. Now here is a guy who is drop dead gorgeous and smells really good. I will even go as far as to say he is one of the top studs at Sunnydale University who, at the time, was screwing a girl you knew. Everything is going good between you two then boom." Anya clapped her hands together. "You get pregnant."

"But that's my fault."

"Doesn't matter whose fault it is Buffy. It happened. Now be quite, I'm not done yet. Now Spike gets a major part in a movie, which is good by the way but he has to drop out of school when he's only a few months away from graduating. Now you tell me this isn't Karma and I'll shut my trap."

Buffy was about to speak but didn't. There was no way she could dispute what Anya was saying. She needed to make things right with herself, starting with making an appointment with the clinic and concentrating on school and work. As for Spike, she wasn't going to tolerate being cheated on again so things with them would have to end.

Anya knew talking to Buffy about the pregnancy was a touchy subject but she had to go there whether her friend liked it or not.

"You didn't tell me how Spike took the news."

"He was like a zombie...in shock I guess. We wound up arguing and I walked out on him. When I left you with Xander, I was going to apologize and tell him that I had made a decision." Buffy had gotten quite.

"So what did you decide?"

A single tear had fallen from Buffy's eye. "I'm not going to keep it." She covered her hands over her face and more tears started to fall.

Anya pulled her close. "Everything is going to be okay. I'm here for you. Have you called the clinic to make an appointment?"

Buffy pulled away from her friend, wiping her eyes. "I was going to do it first thing this morning."

"Well let's get some sleep and we'll take care of it then."

"Thanks Anya"

"Hey what are friends for."? The brunette climbed off the couch and stretched.

Buffy was still sitting on the couch.

"Anya"

"Yeah"

"Will you go with me?"

"Of course I will."

Buffy stood up and hugged her friend.

*~~~*

Spike had woken up to the worse singing he had ever heard. His head was killing him, his mouth was dry and his eyesight was blurry but his hearing was perfect. He looked over at his friend who was apparently singing "Every Woman In The World" by Air Supply.

Xander was Spike's best friend but a singer he was not. "Thinking about changing your major, mate."

The brunette turned around. "It's alive...its alive. Man, I thought you'd never wake up."

"What time is it?"

"Around noon...you missed a couple of classes but who cares right...you're dropping out anyway." Xander continued to sing.

"Xander" he called out but the brunette didn't hear him. "Xander!!" He shouted. "Please I can't take it anymore."

"What you don't like my singing or just my choice in song. How about this instead rock, rock, rock, rock, rocking roll high school... rock, rock, rock, rock, rocking roll high school." The brunette stopped and started laughing.

Spike chuckled. "That's better but its sacrilege to make fun of The Ramones. I forbid you to ever sing that song again in my presence including that other one."

It was Xander's turn to chuckle at his friend this time. "So how did it go with Buffy last night?"

"What are you talking about Xander?"

"Buffy...you know your girlfriend."

"I know that she's my girlfriend you twit but I still don't know what you're talking about."

"She and Anya showed up at the Bronze last night. She asked me where you were. I thought maybe you went back to the dorms and she hurried out to find you." Xander quickly changed the subject. "Man that Anya is some girl. We had a great time and she agreed to go on a date with me. Xander looked at himself in the mirror, wetting his fingers to smooth out his eyebrows. "The Xan man had it going on last night. She was unable to resist my charms." Xander looked at Spike through the mirror, seeing his friend deep in thought. "What are you thinking about?"

"I'm trying to remember what happened last night."

"You were pretty shit faced and I saw you talking to Dru last night. I haven't seen her around campus in a while. Oh I forgot...she only comes out at night. I'm telling you man. She's hot but seriously the chick needs to get some sun. You would think living in California would help her out" Xander stopped talking then looked at his friend.

"Why are you staring at me like that?"

"Its funny now that I think about it. You're a little pale yourself. Now I see the attraction. You're both vampires." Xander made a cross with his fingers, ordering Spike to get back.

"Very funny Xander. I talked to her last night but that's all I remember. I don't even remember how I got back here."

"Xander turned around to face his friend. "Well, I doubt that you walked so she must have been the one who brought you back here."

"Maybe she did" Spike tried to remember what happened last night but kept drawing a blank. He looked down at himself. He noticed his shirt was off but his pants were still on, eliminating the thought that he had slept with Drusilla. However to make sure, he checked his body for scratches and bites. When he didn't find any, he exhaled. Then he started to wonder what happen to Buffy.

"I need to talk to Buffy."

"May I suggest you shower and brush your teeth first."

"I'm glad you thought of that Xander. What would I do with out you?"

"You need to eat something too. It will help you get rid of your hang over. I was about to go to the student union for lunch.... go with me."

"Sounds good...give me twenty minutes." Xander could smell Spike's breath. He fanned the offensive odor away. "Take an hour"

*~~~*

Buffy was able to get an appointment for Friday which was in two days. She was hoping to get one for the following week, which was a pay week for her. The nurse told her since she was so close to thirteen weeks she recommended she have the abortion this week. Buffy only had $600.00 in her bank account and the abortion cost $500.00. She hadn't paid her rent for the month or any of her other bills that were due. She needed money and didn't want to borrow it from Anya even though the brunette had offered to loan her the money. Buffy felt she had done enough. She didn't think she could rely on Spike so she called her father and lied to him about what the money was for. Hank was going to send her $500.00 by Western Union and then told her to keep it between them. Buffy knew the only reason he agreed to give her the money was out of guilt. She had taken it hard when she found out her parents were splitting up because of his infidelity.

After hanging up the phone with her dad, Buffy sank down into the pillows of her bed. Anya was lying on the edge of it, staring up at the ceiling. She looked at her friend, gathering the nerve to ask her something she pretty much knew the answer to.

"Anya can I ask you a personal question. If you don't answer it, I'll understand."

The brunette lifted herself up on both elbows. "Shoot"

"Have you ever had one?"

"Yes" She replied but didn't offer any other information. It was a dark period in her life and something she wasn't proud of.

"Did it hurt?"

Anya sat up, pressing her back against the wall as she recalled the memory of having her insides sucked out by a vacuum. "I wouldn't say it hurt but it was very uncomfortable."

"How long did it take?"

Anya remembered when she first walked into the clinic and saw that the place was filled with girls her age and even women her mom's age. They were all in their for the same thing. Nobody smiled or laughed and very few of the women talked. Everyone seemed to be afraid or perhaps even ashamed of why they were there and probably hoping no one they knew was there. "Between the waiting and the counseling."

"Counseling?"

Anya would never forget the middle aged woman who talked to her before she decided to go through with the procedure. The woman's name was Doris Kroger. She had put Anya at ease and even held her hand while the doctor did the procedure. "Yeah they have someone there to talk to you and they explain what you can expect but the actual procedure takes less than hour."

"What about afterwards?"

Anya didn't want to scare Buffy anymore than the blonde already was. The brunette remembered immediately throwing up right after the procedure was done and the gush of blood that came running out of her body. Doris had escorted her to a recovery room where Anya cried her eyes out from the overwhelming feeling of loss that had hit her all of a sudden. Something not even Doris could prepare her for. "All I can say is that I do not want to ever go through anything like that again."

Buffy swallowed hard, feeling a bad case of the butterflies in her stomach. She and Anya hadn't spoken for several long minutes. Anya appeared to be staring off into space with her eyes flooded with tears while Buffy looked down at her stomach.

Catching a tear before it fell from her eyes, Anya was all for changing the subject. She turned to Buffy. "Are you going to tell Spike?"

Buffy looked up. "I don't want to see his face." She said in anger.

"Then tell him over the phone but you got to tell him."

"I will but first lets get something to eat. I'm starving. We can stop at Western Union on our way to class. I've already missed my morning classes and I don't plan on missing anymore."

"Then lets get something at the student union." Anya said.

"Sounds good to me."

*~~~*

"They have that onion thing you like so much on the menu again. Are you going to get it?"

When Xander didn't get an answer, he looked over at his friend. Spike was daydreaming. "Did you hear me?"

"What's that mate?"

"Are you going to be like this all day...just call her or better yet go wait outside one of her classes."

"I'm already ahead of you. Her next class starts in an hour. I have to see her. This waiting is killing me."

Xander glanced over to the entrance of the dinning hall. "Looks like you want have to wait after all buddy"

Spike looked at Xander who gestured for him to look towards the entrance. Anya and Buffy had walked in.

Suddenly, Spike had lost his appetite. "See ya Xander"

"Go get her man"

When Buffy saw Spike approaching, she had suddenly lost her appetite.

"I have to go Anya."

Buffy's words had caught the brunette by surprise. It was only a few seconds ago her friend was telling her about all the things she wanted to eat and then she saw Spike walking towards them. She became angry, thinking about what Buffy had told her earlier about his fucking around.

Anya grabbed Buffy by the arm. "No you don't. You say what you have to say to him and then we're going to get something to eat. You shouldn't leave just because he's here."

"I know but I can't... not right now." She said, pulling away from the brunette until she finally let go.

"Buffy don't go!!" Anya shouted but Buffy was already out the door.

Spike stopped in front of Anya. "Why is she running away from me?"

"You should know. You cheating asshole!!"

"Woman what the bloody hell are you talking about...I didn't cheat on her!!"

"Then who was that girl you were with last night!!"

"What girl?"

"Oh now you want to play dumb. The one that looks like a vampire."

"Dru"

"Dru, Dracula whatever!!!...Buffy knows about her and she doesn't want anything to do with your sorry ass so just leave her alone!!!"

Spike held his tongue even though he wanted to call Anya a meddling twit but realized she was protecting her friend and that his best friend was crazy about her. It wasn't a good thing if they didn't get along for Xander's sake. He rushed pass Anya determined to catch up with Buffy and clear things up. She must have seen him with Drusilla and thought the worse. He exited the building and could see her running in the distance.

"BUFFY!!!!...BUFFY... WAIT!!!!" He shouted. Spike sprinted after her, catching up to her in no time. Buffy...stop!!! All this running can't be good for the ba--."

Buffy stopped before Spike could get the word out of his mouth. She turned to face him. "Don't you say it...don't you dare say it."

"Baby, baby" Spike dropped to his knees. "Our baby" He wrapped his arms around her waist and pressed the side of his face to her stomach. "I'm so sorry, luv. I handled it badly but I'm ready to face this now. I meant what I said. I will respect and be there for you which ever decision you make."

"That's just it Spike why does it have to be solely my decision. I need to know how you feel about it. Can you at least give me that?"

Spike stood up and grabbed Buffy by the hand. "Lets go over here, luv." He pointed to a bench. She allowed him to lead her to sit down on the wooden and metal structure. He continued to hold her hand. "To answer your question, luv. I can't tell you what to do with your body. Now to address how I feel about this, I'm not happy about it. I know you were on the pill so I was shocked when you told me you were pregnant. I do want children...someday... but not now."

Buffy was glad he was being honest with her. She wished he had said it when she first told him about the pregnancy. "I didn't give you much of chance, huh?"

"I felt a gust of wind when walked out and slammed the door. I should have gone after you."

"I was such a bitch to you. I'm sorry."

"Apology accepted and I'm sorry I wasn't the man I should have been. I love you Buffy and I promise I will never let you down again." Spike pulled Buffy closer to wrap his arms around her but she held her hand out to stop him.

"Speaking of letting me down, who was the bitch you fucked last night." She said, folding her arms across her chest.

"Her name is Drusilla and I didn't fuck her."

Buffy shook her head while her arms remained crossed. "Don't lie to me Spike."

"Buffy I swear nothing happened. Xander and I were at the Bronze as you know and I had too much to drink. She did me favor and took me back to my room where I passed out."

"She said you were insatiable. A word that I would use to describe you when it comes to you know what."

"Pet, I'm not surprised she tried to upset you. She made it clear to me she wasn't happy I stopped seeing her because of you."

"How does she even know about me?"

"She told me she had seen us together a few times."

Buffy believed him and slowly started to relax only to tense up again when she had to express out loud how she felt about Drusilla. "Well the next time the jealous bitch wants to start some trouble. I will be more than happy to accommodate her."

Spike loved Buffy's feistiness. It was such a turn on for him. He smiled at her." "Well listen to you...all ready to pounce." He nuzzled her neck then pulled away. "But you know pet, a woman in your condition shouldn't be fighting."

She tensed up, briefly avoiding eye contact with him before finally turning back to look at him. "Yeah, about that. I've decided not to keep it."

Spike had froze. He was sure Buffy had already made up her mind to keep the baby. "Are you sure that's what you want to do, pet?"

"I think, right now, it's the best decision for both of us. We're both too young and unstable. I want to finish school and have a career then there's your movie career. It just wasn't meant to be. I've already made the appointment."

Spike kissed her on the forehead. "When do we go?"

Quickly, Buffy looked up at him. "You want to go with me."

"Why not?"

"I already asked Anya to go."

"Bullocks...we're going through this together." Spike gathered Buffy in his arms and kissed her on the lips before they embraced each other close.
There For You by tahmoe
Author's Notes:
Warning: This chapter deals with the sensitive subject of abortion. Also, it contains graphic descriptions. If you have doubts about reading this chapter, I would advise you to skip it.
When Spike and Buffy entered the clinic, he wasn't prepared for what he saw. There were at least thirty women waiting inside and he was the only man. He put on a brave face and squeezed Buffy's hand as he escorted her to the receptionist area. Although he wanted to turn around and walk out the door, he knew had to be strong for his girl. She was going to need him and he didn't want to let her down. He tried not to look anyone in the eye for too long. He didn't want to make anyone feel anymore uncomfortable than they had already appeared so he looked at all the things in the room that couldn't look back. He stared at the floor, the walls, the plants and the ceiling.

He listened to Buffy tell the woman she had an appointment, giving her the time. The brunette woman handed Buffy a clipboard with a bunch of forms to fill out. The receptionist told Buffy she would take her payment after she finished filling out the forms. The mention of the word payment had gotten Spike's attention. He had been so concerned about Buffy's emotional well being that it never occurred to him to ask her about anything else but she had told him everything was taken care of.

Spike scanned the room for some empty seats then escorted Buffy to one. He let her sit down first before he seated himself. He rubbed his sweaty palms on his jeans while looking around the room. There was no one smiling or talking and everyone appeared to be sad. He looked at Buffy who was busy filling out her forms then he turned his attention to the door. Three more young women had come in. He shifted in his seat then leaned over and whispered in Buffy's ear.

"I know I should have asked this two days ago." Spike paused. "How much does this cost?"

Buffy whispered. "$500.00."

"Christ Buffy why didn't you tell me? You don't even make that working two weeks at the Double Meat Palace."

"We had that fight and I didn't think I could count on you."

Spike was crushed. They had been together almost a year and it hurt him that she felt that way. However, it was understandable since he didn't react well to the news.

"How did you come up with the money so quickly?"

"I asked my dad for it."

Spike raised his eyebrows. "You told him...how did he take the news?"

"I didn't tell him and lied to him about what the money was for."

Spike didn't like the idea that Buffy had to lie, knowing he had the money to give her. "You're going to pay it back. I'll see to that."

Buffy had finished filling out the forms. When she stood up to take them to the receptionist, so did Spike. She smiled at him. He was really being there for her but she could manage walking on her own.

"Spike...I'll be okay...sit down. I'll be right back."

He sat down and followed Buffy with his eyes. He watched her pull the money out of her purse and handed it to the receptionist. His palms were sweating again and again he wiped them on his jeans. He picked up a magazine and tried to read it but he couldn't get pass the first paragraph of some article he didn't bother reading the title to. The front door kept opening as more and more women entered. The butterflies in his stomach were doing a number on him. He thought he was going to be sick. He calmed when Buffy sat down and took his hand. He squeezed it tight, so tight she turned to look at him.

"Are you alright?"

Spike smiled. "I'm fine luv but I should be asking you that question."

"I'm okay. Buffy paused. I'm glad you here with me."

"Me too" Spike kissed Buffy on the forehead.

A nurse had come out, calling several women's names. Spike felt Buffy tense which caused him to straighten up in his seat.

"Are you sure you want to go through with this, pet?"

"I'm sure."

An hour later, several more women were called and then the next hour had pass and several more would go. It would be like this until Buffy's name was called. They both stood up immediately, squeezing each other's hand at the same time. She turned to Spike.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Spike kissed her on the forehead again. Buffy closed her eyes. In that moment his tenderness had calmed her. Slowly she released his hand while turning away and her nervousness returned.

"It's going to be all right pet, I'll be here."

Spike's heart was beating wildly in his chest as he watched Buffy disappear behind the door. He needed to get out of there and smoke a cigarette, hoping it would calm him. He placed it in his mouth as he hurried out the door and it was lit by the time he stepped out into the early morning sunshine. He walked over to Xander's car and sat down on the hood. He was grateful his best friend let him borrow it. Spike didn't want Buffy coming to pick him up especially so early in the morning when her morning sickness was at its worse.

*~~~*

Buffy's heart was in her throat. She followed the nurse into a small room with three curtained stalls. The room was cold and unwelcoming. She seated herself closest to the door and watched the other women take their seats. She looked at the nurse who waited patiently while everyone sat down before speaking.

"I'm nurse Pat and before you see the doctor, a counselor will speak with each of you. After your session with the counselor, you will return to this room and only the bottom half of your clothing and your undergarments inside one of these stalls. There are plastic bags for you to place your items in and make sure you take them with you. Please put on one of the paper gowns provided and make sure the slit is in the front. I will return for you when the doctor is ready. Does anyone have any questions?"

Buffy didn't have any questions. Everything Anya had told her was happening exactly like she said so far. She felt herself relaxing until a tall sophisticated woman walked into the room.

"Buffy Summers."

Buffy tensed at the sound of her name being called. She stood up, giving the woman a weak smile that disappeared quickly.

"Hi...I'm Gwendolyn Price...Will you come with me please?"

Buffy followed the tall woman to a room next door. The counselor wasted no time asking her a series of personal questions, checking things off a list as she answered them. The counselor remained quite for several seconds before asking Buffy why she decided to get an abortion and had she given any of the other alternatives any thought. As Buffy explained why she decided not to have the baby, the counselor shook her head in understanding. The caring look on the woman's face made Buffy want to continue pouring her heart out as tears fell from her eyes.

"I'm sorry I'm crying so much."

The woman handed her some tissues. "It's perfectly all right."

After Buffy finished talking, the counselor handed her some numbers to call in case she wanted to talk to a psychologist in the next few weeks. Then she proceeded to explain what Buffy could expect when she saw the doctor. She had pictures and diagrams as well as instruments similar to what the doctor would be using. Buffy absorbed everything the woman was saying then processed it into the simplest form. Basically, the doctor was going to open up her cervix and suck the fetus out of her uterus with a long plastic tube.

Buffy returned to the room with the counselor, then headed for one of the stalls. She removed her jeans and panties. She placed them inside the plastic bag. She held the bag against her while she tried to keep her gown closed then sat down, looking straight ahead. For a brief moment she couldn't believe what was happening as she thought about the last few hours of her journey. She wanted to cry but didn't. Buffy tired to calm herself by thinking of Spike. It worked for a short while until the nurse came for her. They walked into a cold sterile room. She looked for the doctor, feeling a sense of relief she was a woman.

"Ms. Summers please get on the table and place your feet in the stirrups and make sure your bottom is at the edge of the table. The nurse said. "Would you like for me to hold your hand?"

"Please"

Buffy felt the doctor insert the cold duck bill into her vagina.

"You're going to feel a pinch so try to relax." The doctor said as she stuck a needle into Buffy's cervix to numb it.

It was a little more than a pinch she thought and it burned.

"Okay one more time" The doctor said as she stuck another needle into Buffy's cervix to get it to dilate.

The nurse began talking to Buffy. She asked if she was a student and what she was studying. It was her way of getting Buffy's focus off of what was happening. The nurse even made Buffy smile a little. It worked until the doctor parted her legs wider, causing her to jump. She stared at the ceiling while still trying to hold a conversation with the nurse.

Buffy heard a humming noise as her stomach felt like it was caving in. There was a lot of pressure, which made her uncomfortable and brought tears to her eyes. She didn't want to talk anymore. The nurse's voice had become distant and unclear as Buffy shut herself down in order to gather the strength to get through what was happening to her.

After the procedure was complete, Buffy had bled immediately. The nurse placed a long thick sanitary napkin under her and Buffy had to hold it in place. The nurse helped her off the table and escorted her to a recovery room.

"I will check on you in an hour."

After the nurse left, Buffy started to cry. A combination of guilt, relief, loss and sadness had washed over her. Buffy questioned if she had done the right thing.

*~~~*

Spike smoked two more fags before he thought it was time to return. He wanted to keep his promise to Buffy that he would be there. When the nurse walked out the door to call the next set of women, he interrupted her to ask about Buffy. Because there were so many women going in and out he described her to the nurse and she told him Buffy was in a recovery room. He asked could he see her and the nurse informed him he could but he would have to wait until she finished calling the remaining women. It would the longest twenty minutes of his life.

"You can see her now...just go through this door and make a left. She's in room 1620."

Spike thanked the woman and followed the directions. He walked into the room but didn't go to Buffy's side right away. Her watched her while feelings of sadness washed over him.

Buffy had the strange feeling someone was watching her. She turned towards the door and saw Spike's grief stricken face. She held her hand out to him and he walked slowly over to her, seating himself in a chair beside the bed. He placed his hand in hers, pressing his forehead into the mattress and began to cry.

An hour had passed and Spike was in the same position but was no longer crying. He and Buffy didn't say a word, respecting each other's silence as they dealt with their feelings.

The nurse came into the room to check on Buffy. "Sir, I need you to go back into the waiting room, please."

Spike looked at Buffy. He didn't want to leave as he waited for Buffy to tell him what to do. When she nodded, he stood up and walked out the door.

The nurse placed the plastic bag containing Buffy's clothes on the end of the bed. "How are you feeling Ms. Summers?" She asked while pulling the covers off Buffy so she could check her sanitary napkin.

"My stomach is sore."

"Yes... well that will go away in a couple days. Everything looks good with the bleeding but expect to bleed for the next few days. Do not put anything inside your vagina for 4-6 weeks. Some fresh sanitary napkins are in this drawer." The nurse pointed. "Here are three prescriptions you need to have filled as soon as possible. This one is for the soreness, this one is an antibiotic for infection, and this one is for your uterus and will help with the bleeding. Do you have any questions for me?"

Buffy shook her head.

"Then if you feel up to it you can get dressed and go home. Make sure you do not do anything strenuous and get plenty of rest. Goodbye Ms. Summers."

Buffy couldn't wait to get out of there. As soon as the nurse left, she got out of bed and got dressed. Her walk was slower than normal but that was to be expected. When she opened the door, she saw Spike pacing across the floor.

"Spike" She called out.

He looked up and rushed to her side. He kissed her on the cheek then secured her hand in his. He helped into the car and drove her home in silence. She stared out the window while Spike paid attention to the road but did glance over at her a few times. When they pulled into the driveway, he was glad no one was home.

"I need your keys, luv."

"They're in my purse."

Spike pulled her keys out of her purse and noticed the prescriptions. He made a mental note to retrieve them later and get them filled.

"Wait right here."

He opened the front door then returned to the car to retrieve Buffy. He helped her up the stairs and sat her down on the bed then removed her shoes.

"Lay down now pet and get some rest. I'm going to step out for a little while but I'll be right back. Can I get you anything before I leave?"

"Water"

Spike retrieved bottled water from the refrigerator. When he returned, Buffy had fallen asleep. He placed the bottle on her nightstand and kissed her on the forehead and then covered her with a blanket.

He climbed into the car and headed to the pharmacy to get Buffy's prescriptions filled. He walked down the toy isle on his way out the door and noticed a cute stuffed pig. He purchased it then stopped by the florist, buying the largest bouquet of exotic flowers they had.

Spike entered Buffy's room. She was still asleep. He placed the vases in front of the bed so the beautiful arrangement would be the first thing she saw when she woke up. He placed the prescriptions on her nightstand beside the bottled water. As for the cute stuffed pig, he placed it in the bed with her where he wanted to be. He didn't want to wake by climbing in with her so he sat in a chair, kicking off his shoes. He stared at Buffy while she slept until sleep had overtaken him.

*~~~*

As Buffy's eyes fluttered open, she thought she was seeing things. Staring her in the face was an adorable stuffed pig. She crinkled her brow, wondering how it got there and then the scent of fresh flowers filled her nostrils. For a brief moment she had to think about where she was. She had no sense of time. She propped herself up on both elbows and in front of her, were the most beautiful flowers she had ever seen. Spike's thoughtfulnees had made her smile then she looked over at him sleeping in the chair. She grabbed the soft and cuddly stuffed animal and rubbed it against her cheek before placing against the pillows.

Buffy eased out of bed. She had to pee. She tiptoed pass Spike but before she could get out the door he had woken up.

"Going somewhere pet?"

"I have to go to the bathroom."

Spike started to get up.

"I think I can handle this by myself but thank you."

"Okay but get back in bed after you're done."

"Yes, sir" She replied while saluting him.

"You hungry. I can fix you something."

"That would be nice."

Spike stood up and opened the door for her. He touched the side of her face then kissed her on the forehead. His hand wondered down to the small of her back, gently touching her as she walked out the door.

"I'll be right back. Are you sure you can manage?"

Buffy smiled. "Will you go please? I've being peeing by myself since I was two years old." She expected him to laugh and not the weak smile he had given her followed by a look of worry.

*~~~*

Buffy's mid section was killing her but she managed to sit on the toilet. Looking at the bloody sanitary napkin only made her recall what she had done. Although she was pro-choice, she never imagined she would have to make such a huge life decision. It would be a decision she wouldn't make again. No wonder Anya wasn't so forthcoming about her abortion she thought. It was too painful to talk about.

Buffy didn't like using sanitary napkins. She preferred tampons and so did Anya. However, Amy used pads and Buffy remembered she kept a box under the cabinet sink. She washed carefully and put on a clean one, making a mental note to replenish her roommates stock. She wrapped up the used one in the empty wrapper with tons of toilet paper and threw it in the trash. All of sudden she started crying again. She descended to the bathroom floor and curled up into a ball overtaken by the same feelings of quilt, relief, loss, and sadness.

*~~~*

Thinking she probably didn't want anything heavy on her stomach, Spike fixed Buffy some tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. He placed it on a tray and carried up to her. He couldn't believe she was still in the bathroom. He sat the tray down and knocked on the door.

"Buffy"

She didn't answer him but Spike could hear her crying. He opened the door and saw her curled up on the floor. He wasn't about to ask her what was wrong. She was hurting. He curled up along side her and held her until she stopped crying.

"Sweetheart...lets get you back in bed." He whispered.

Buffy nodded.

Spike helped her up and escorted her back to bed. He propped some pillows behind her.

"You ready to eat, now."

"I don't want it."

"You have to eat something luv before you can take this medication."

Buffy looked at the three bottles on her nightstand. "Okay"

Spike grabbed the bowl of soup and began feeding it to her. Then he broke off pieces of the grill cheese sandwich and fed it to her also. He knew she was quite capable of feeding herself. But he was there to take care of her. He was glad she had eaten it all but he wasn't surprised. She couldn't eat anything after 8PM yesterday and nothing this morning.

"I love the flowers and my pig."

"I'm glad." Spike handed Buffy her medication.

"Do you want to watch some television?" He asked.

"No"

"Then I think you should get some more sleep."

"Well..What are you going to do?"

"I'll be over here." Spike pointed to the uncomfortable chair.

"Don't...will you stay here and hold me."

"What ever you want kitten."

Buffy lay on her side while Spike spooned her.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He whispered.

There was a long silence before Buffy spoke. "I hated every minute of it."

"Did it hurt?"

"No, but it was extremely uncomfortable. At times I felt like I couldn't catch my breath."

Spike listened letting Buffy get it all out.

"I kept saying I want it to be over...I want it to be over in my head. I had trouble controlling my emotions. It's been hard trying not to cry."

Spike continued to listen.

"I'll be glad when this soreness goes away." Buffy touched her stomach. "There was this machine that made his humming sound and I could see the doctor's arm moving back and forth like she was vacuuming her floor. Then it was this long pause and she did it again. My stomach felt it was being pulled from the inside. It was horrible."

Spike adjusted his arm so he didn't put too much pressure on her waist area and remained silent.

"And then I felt this huge rush of blood coming out of me like I was coming on my period but way more heavier. The nurse said I would bleed for at least a week or two. So I have to walk around with these huge pads on."

There was a long silence. Buffy was glad she talked about it, and then she focused on Spike.

"Tell me what you're thinking?"

Spike opened his eyes, thinking about his experience.

"I wanted to run like hell as soon as we stepped into the place. I was uncomfortable being the only man there and disturbed by the number of women I saw."

"That's right ...you were the only man but I guess it makes sense. I don't think any men would want to work there. I think they deliberately keep it that way to make it comfortable for the women."

"I guess you're right, pet." Spike paused. "When I saw you lying in that bed, I never felt so helpless in my life. I wanted to make it better for you. I wanted to make the hurt I know you were feeling go away."

Buffy turned to look up at him.

"You going with me and being here right now is helping me."

Spike shook his head. "I shouldn't freaked out when you told me. I wished I'd handled it better. I didn't mean...please forgive me."

"That's in the past now. There's nothing else to forgive. Stop beating yourself up about it."

Spike stared into Buffy's eyes. "I love you so much."

She smiled "I love you too."

Spike lowered his head, giving her a sweet kiss on the lips. They continued to stare into each other eyes and kissed again. Mutually they parted and Buffy snuggled into his chest as he held her close.
Something To Talk About by tahmoe
Author's Notes:
It’s been almost two months since I last updated this story so to make up for the long wait. I made it extra long. I hope you enjoy the chapter. Feedback is appreciated.
Cordy entered the classroom of her last class for the day. It was a class she dreaded. Not for its subject matter because she loved political science. She shared the class with her ex-boyfriend Angel. Thank God for stadium seating, allowing her to sit as far away from him as possible. The ex-couple hadn't spoken since that night at the frat house and it was one of her personal goals in life to never speak or look in his direction again. Angel was dead to her. Some of their mutual friends said they would get back together, giving her some crap about perfect couples being destined for each other. Trying to get over Angel was hard for Cordy and she was grateful Faith was there that night for support.

The class was filling up quickly and Cordy wanted to make sure she had a front row seat. She pulled out her notebook and book out of her book bag and searched her purse for a pen. She paid no attention to the guy sitting beside her until the smell of his cologne caused a familiar chill to run through her. She looked over. It was Angel smiling at her. She rolled her eyes and began gathering her things.

"Wait, don't go."

Cordy didn't respond and continued to gather her things, dropping her book in the process. She would get it later she thought once she found another seat.

Angel picked up Cordy's book and handed it to her. "Here you go."

She snatched it out of his hand and sat down in her new seat. Her heart was thumbing erratically. It had been eight months since they had broken up and the pain from it started to resurface.

Angel stood watching her take her seat then approached Cordy's desk once she was sitting down.

"Can we talk after class?"

Cordy stared daggers at him.

"Please talk to me."

The professor entered the classroom and noticed the student standing.

"Please take your seat young man."

Angel had given Cordy one last pleading look before taking his seat.

*~~~*

Spike had spent all of his free time at Buffy's side, returning to his dorm only to shower and change his clothes. With each passing day she seemed better despite the times he would catch her drifting off into space. It was those moments he would try to comfort her as best he could, getting her to talk about what happened and to share their feelings. The more they talked about it, the more comfortable they became with the decision. One thing was for sure; the experience brought them closer together and made him see how strong Buffy was.

The script for his first major movie had arrived the Friday he was with Buffy at the clinic. He didn't bother opening the thick yellow envelop even though the movie was shooting in a month. He needed to learn his lines but there was no way he would be able to focus and deal with what his girl was going through. He didn't tell Buffy the script had arrived, knowing she would have made him return to the dorm to get started but Spike wanted to make her his first priority.

*~~~*

Cordy tried to make a quick exit but Angel was close on her heels. She couldn't believe he was following her.

"Cordelia stop"

She ignored him, walking toward her dorm.

"Cordelia will you please wait. I want to talk to you."

She was trying to avoid a public scene but Angel wasn't getting the hint. She turned around.

"Fuck off" She shouted and picked up her pace.

"You have every right to be upset with me. I know I hurt you and I'm sorry." He shouted.

Cordy stopped. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Old feelings of anger had boiled to the surface. She turned around slowly.

"It's been eight months and now you're sorry."

Angel caught up with her. "I know my apology is long overdue but I know how stubborn you can be and knew you wouldn't have talked to me."

"Is this a joke? Because you sound ridiculous...I don't give a shit that you're sorry. I don't even believe you and I don't know why you think that saying you're sorry is going to make up for all of the pain and humiliation you put me through."

"I know but I'm really sorry. I was drunk and Darla seduced me. It was a moment of weakness and I shouldn't have let it happen."

Cordy was dumbfounded. It was apparent Angel was out of his mind. She laughed.

Annoyed by her laughter, he asked "What was so funny?"

"You and the fact that you actually believe I'm buying this. You are so full of shit...your eyes are browner. Do you even remember the way you treated me? You tossed me aside like a used condom. Our relationship meant nothing to you."

"That's not true. I love you Cordy and I miss you." He tried to touch her arm.

"Don't you fucking touch me. You never loved me. You love yourself too much to love anyone. I suggest you run back to your whore and leave me the hell alone."

It was obvious to Angel he was losing the bet he made with Doyle. Over a drunken game of cards, his frat buddy betted him fifty bucks he couldn't get Cordy back in the sack. "Fine you stupid bitch. I didn't want you back anyway. I was just wanted to see if I could get back in your pants. Since you're not willing, I guess I'll have to find Faith again." He smirked.

Cordy didn't have time to think about what she was about to do next. All she remembered was balling up her fist and closing her eyes. The next thing she knew Angel was on the ground holding his jaw and cursing at her. Her hand was throbbing and was probably going to be swollen but she didn't care. It felt good to knock him on his ass. He deserved it and a lot more. Now she had to deal with Faith.

*~~~*

"There sure are a lot of love scenes in this movie." Buffy said while flipping through the pages of Spike's script. She saved the page she was reading with her thumb to read the name of the movie again. "A Glimpse Into An Affair" She turned her nose up. "I don't know about this Spike. I think I want a rewrite."

Spike grabbed the script out of her hand. "I'm not going to let you read any more if you're going to keep acting like this."

"Okay...okay...I want say anything else...give it back."

Spike handed the script back to Buffy. He was taking a break from it. When he finally told her about receiving it two weeks ago, he was sure she was going to be upset with him but she did the opposite. She was excited and anxious to read it and like he thought, she made him return to the dorm to get it. She wanted to dive right in, volunteering to help him with his lines. He was happy she was being supportive.

"Oh no!!"

"What?"

"You have to show your ass."

"So what?"

"So what...your ass is sacred. I want to be the only one seeing it."

"Well you're not paying me $300,000 to show it."

Buffy smirked.

"I'm just joking luv. I'm sure my ass want be the star of the movie...besides those shots are pretty quick."

"I doubt that... once they get a look at it." Buffy smiled. Spike had a great ass. She laid her head on his lap and continued flipping through the pages.

*~~~*

"What a fucking whore?" Cordy shouted as she power walked towards her dorm. She was talking about her so call friend Faith, who it turns out, slept with Angel. How could she be so stupid to trust her around her man? Other women didn't and would often tell her she was being stupid to trust someone like that, when it was obvious she had a reputation for scheming on other women's boyfriends. Cordy wanted to give the brunette the benefit of the doubt. Faith had given her no reason to believe she would do such a thing. Well at least not to her, they clicked immediately when they met and Cordy was grateful she found someone she bonded with so quickly, like she did when she first met Buffy in the third grade. At the time, she was missing her best friend who was unable to join her at SU right after high school. Not that Faith could ever take Buffy's place, but she did fill a void and Cordy was sure Buffy would take an instant liking to Faith, when she arrived to start her junior year. Then she would have two best friends but Cordy couldn't have been more wrong. She noticed Buffy kept her distance from Faith and coped an attitude whenever the wild brunette was around. Buffy pegged her from the start and Cordy wished she had listened. She would never forget the day she asked her best friend what she thought about the brunette. Buffy had told her she didn't trust Faith. Cordy tried to convince her best friend Faith was a cool person. Now she wanted to kick herself for not believing her trusted friend of twelve years. And to think she was more worried about Buffy sleeping with her man after what she did to Faith. Cordy owed her best friend an apology and she owed Faith an ass whipping.

Cordy could hear the loud music coming from Faith's dorm room as she approached. She turned the doorknob to see if it was locked then an evil smile formed at the corners of her mouth when she found it wasn't. She turned it further and barged right in. The sight before her made her stop dead in her tracks. Nothing could have prepared her for what she saw.

Faith was naked and spread on the bed with Kendra's head buried between her legs. Cordy's mouth opened in shock and her eyes bulged out of her head. The shocked brunette couldn't move as she looked on, confirming the rumors about these two. When the feeling returned to her legs, she tried to back out slowly. She didn't want them to see her but it was too late. Faith had opened her eyes and smiled at the shocked brunette then she winked at her. That was enough for Cordy to turn around and get the hell out of there. She tripped over her feet, spilling the contents of her purse and book bag into the hallway. She gathered everything as quickly as she could and grabbed her keys. She fumbled with the lock on her door for several seconds, which felt like hours until she got the door open. She dropped everything at her feet and leaned against the door for support.

*~~~*

It was unfortunate Spike and Buffy couldn't act out the love scenes in the script. The nurse made it quite clear Buffy couldn't insert any objects inside her vagina for the next four to six weeks. Her libido was slowly returning and it was obvious Spike's never left as she shifted her head on his lap to avoid contact with his erection.

"Would you like for me to leave the room so you can knock one off?"

"Sorry luv...it's the script and it doesn't help that I have a beautiful woman lying in my lap." Spike lowered his head to kiss Buffy on the lips. She turned her head then sat up.

"Can you at least think of something unappealing to stop little Spiky from wanting to come out and play?" She laughed.

"Okay...hold on." Spike closed his eyes and began to concentrate. He pictured Xander naked and in an instant he lost his erection. "All set luv...do you want to touch it to make sure?" The smile on Spike's face was suggestive as he reached for Buffy's hand.

"Stop it" Buffy pushed his hand away then asked him what did he think about. When he told her, she lifted an eyebrow. "I've always wondered about you two."

Spike grabbed a toss pillow and hit her in the face with it. Buffy retaliated by grabbing the pillow out of his hand, swinging it back at him while he ducked and dodged. Spike grabbed her wrists, forcing her to drop the pillow as their playfulness led them to play wrestle on the bed. It wasn't a good idea. All the physical contact had released endorphins, making them both aroused. Spike settled between Buffy's legs, pressing his hard chest against her heaving breasts while her hands roamed his back down to his ass, urging him on. There lips joined as they devoured each other's mouths like they were famished.

Anya entered Buffy's room without knocking. She cleared her throat to interrupt the horny couple. When that didn't seem to work, she slammed the door.

"Are you kidding me? It's only been two weeks and you're going at it like it's been two years. My god... control yourself people."

Spike and Buffy parted, whipping away the extra salvia from their mouths.

"Did anyone ever tell you its polite to knock, luv?"

"So what's your point?"

Spike shook his head then grabbed the toss pillow to hide his erection.

"Jesus Anya we were only kissing. Buffy replied.

"And fondling and groping"

"Can we change the subject, please...what is it?" Buffy asked.

"Xander and I want you two to come with us to the Bronze."

Buffy looked at Spike. She hadn't felt like going out since the abortion. Her days were spent getting back into the groove of things with work and school while the rest of her time was spent with Spike holed up in her room. It had been two weeks since the abortion and her body was back to normal. The bleeding had stopped and she was feeling like her old self again, thanks to Spike and Anya who have given her nothing but constant support. They seemed to know when she needed to talk or to have someone, listen, making her feel better about the decision she made. Spike had given her the $500.00 to give back to her dad as well as shower her with flowers, cards, and chocolate.

"Only if you want to, luv."

"I want to." She nodded her head.

Spike smiled. They haven't been out in a long time but he didn't care. They have been inseparable since Buffy had the abortion. In a few weeks he would be leaving for Canada and soon after for Los Angeles. He wanted to spend as much time as possible with her.

*~~~*

Once Cordy's adrenaline rush subsided, her entire hand down to her elbow hurt like hell. She looked at it. It was swollen and turning red. She wiggled her fingers to make sure it wasn't broken. She was mad. There was no way she could use it on Faith. Her blows would have to come from words rather than her fists. She walked around her room not knowing what to do with herself. So many things were going through her mind not to mention images of Kendra and Faith's oral display. She was positive those memories would be haunting her for the next few days. She sat down on her bed and looked at her hand again. It had gotten bigger. She needed to see a doctor. She grabbed her purse and headed for the student medical building.

Cordy had a minor sprang in her wrist. One of the pre-med students wrapped the injury for her. It was going to take a couple weeks for it to heal. Great she thought as she tried to figure out what she was going to do. She couldn't take notes in class and probably would have trouble getting dressed in the morning. They also gave her painkillers, which she knew would make her drowsy. The next couple of weeks were going to be hell and she could only think of one person who could get her through it. She needed to talk to Buffy. The last time they talked had been a couple of days ago. She could tell something was off with her best friend. She wasn't her perky self. She thought maybe she and Spike were having problems so she didn't bother asking Buffy what was wrong.

Cordy missed her best friend. Too much time had passed and she missed their regular shopping and dinner dates. She decided to give her best friend a call to make plans. Amy answered the phone and told her Spike, Buffy, Xander and Anya were at the Bronze. That was another shock. Xander and Anya had become a couple and she knew nothing about it.

"So Xander finally got a girlfriend." She said out loud and then shrugged. "I guess there's somebody for everybody...now he can stop chasing after me." She couldn't help but feel a little put off by the fact Xander would no longer be following her around. She never gave him the time of day, thinking he was too silly and immature for her. However, he was sweet and made her laugh but she wanted the president of the best fraternity on campus, only to get him and get hurt by him. Maybe she should have given Xander a chance. He probably would have taken better care of her heart. She shrugged again. "Too late now or is it?" She contemplated while driving to the Bronze, wondering how close he and Anya were. There was only one way to find out.

*~~~*

"I swear Anya if one more girl comes up to Spike to congratulate him, I'm going to scream. They're acting like he's a movie star already." Buffy continued to primp herself in the mirror while Anya used the bathroom.

"This is only the beginning...wait until the movie comes out and his gorgeous face and ass hits the screen. We're talking Brad Pitt and his abs in Thelma and Louise fame."

"Thanks a lot Anya that makes me feel a whole lot better."

"Well what do you want me to say...don't worry about it. You should worry." Anya reached for the toilet paper and found it missing. "Buffy can you hand me some toilet paper." There was silence. "Buffy...Buffy".

The worried blonde snapped out of her daydream after hearing her name shouted for the first time even though it was the second time.

"What?"

"Could you hand me some toilet paper and hurry up, my legs are shaking and I don't want to collapse on this thing."

Buffy grabbed a roll of toilet paper out of the empty stall and handed it to Anya under the door. She leaned against the wall, getting lost in her thoughts. She and Spike were headed for another big test in their relationship. Could she handle his possible fame and the long distance? Also, what would become of them after she graduated?

"Thanks." Anya continued to rant. "I would never understand why some women find it difficult to aim and you would think they would have the decency to clean up their waste, knowing other people have to use the facilities...uuggh this is so gross...nasty bitches." Anya wiped herself and around the toilet before flushing. She exited the stall and headed for the sink to wash her hands. She looked at Buffy leaning against the wall, in quiet thought.

"A penny for your thoughts."

Buffy looked at Anya. "I think I should break up with Spike."

"What...why...because some skanky hoes congratulated him? He couldn't be rude to them Buffy. I think he handled it rather well...except."

"Except what?"

Anya contemplated telling Buffy probably the only reason why he did was because she was there. It may be a different story once he leaves.

"Never mind"

"No Anya...tell me"

"First tell me why you think you should break up with Spike?"

"I don't think I will be able to handle all the attention he is going to receive especially from the opposite sex and then there's the distance. We're going to be separated for a year. I really never gave it much thought when he told me he was leaving but now that I see a little of what's to come, maybe its wise to break up. There is going to be a lot of temptation while he's out there and I don't want him to wound up cheating on me like Riley and have things between us end badly. Do you know what I mean?"

"Absolutely, you think Spike is going to have trouble keeping it in his pants. He is a man and they do have their needs."

"I don't want to say that Spike will cheat on me but I would be stupid to think that this distance want put a strain on our relationship. I need to talk to him about it and see what he thinks."

"Good idea...I think you two should definitely discuss this. As far as I'm concerned if you two were meant to be, it will be and no amount of time or distance can keep you apart."

"Now why couldn't you say that before getting me all worried about this Brad Pitt thing."

The two women exited the restroom.

*~~~*

"Man I'm telling you...you are going to need a catcher's mit for all that new pussy that's going to be thrown your way." Xander chuckled. "Look at them man, every chick in this place is giving you the eye and you're not even famous yet."

"Calm down Xander." Spike pulled out his cigarettes and placed one in his mouth. Looking around the club, he could see several girls giving him the green light. It was nothing that hasn't happen to him before but he would admit it was more than usual. He would be lieing if he didn't admit he liked the attention what guy wouldn't? "You forget mate I'm a one-woman man now. Buffy takes very good care of my needs and then some. I like the attention but I want let it go to my head or the other one."

"Whatever...I give you three months."

'Thanks for the having so much faith in me, mate."

"Look lets do the math."

Spike rolled his eyes. Xander always had to lay it out for him.

"You're leaving for Canada in two weeks for 3 months. You're come back for a few days while you look for a place to stay in California and touch base with your agent. You'll move out there while Buffy stays in Sunnydale to complete her last year then what. Have you two even talked about that?"

Xander waited for Spike to answer. He and his best friend had this conversation before and despite Xander telling him he was sure he and Buffy would work something out, the skeptical brunette still thought it was best they break up.

"Not really"

"Precisely... that's because you both don't want to deal with the reality that it might not work out."

"That's not it...as a matter of fact we have discussed it." Spike boosted.

"And"

"And nothing...I'll call her every chance I get and she'll visit me."

"Sounds like a great plan" Xander replied not sounding convinced.

Spike was about to light his cigarette when someone beat him to it. He looked up while accepting the light. He blew out the smoke and smiled.

"Dru, darling how are you?"

"Sometimes it rains in my mind other than that I'm doing quite well."

"Hi, Dru"

"Xander...my dear boy... nice to see you."

"Would my Spike like to dance?"

"Sorry pet...can't. I'm here with Buffy."

Dru leaned over and whispered in his ear. "That's not the kind of dance I'm talking about."

"Now luv you know we're just friends...so there will be none of that anymore."

"That's too bad...maybe you'll change your mind once we're in California."

"Come again."

"I'll be moving back to Los Angeles after graduation."

Spike mouth dropped.

Dru was amused by his reaction. "Didn't I tell you darling...that's where I lived before mummy and daddy sent me here. But of course we never talked much when we were together. However, I'm quite sure we'll be running into each other. See you around." Dru walked off.

Xander started to laugh while Spike took a long drag from his cigarette.
"I can't believe you didn't know that."

"You heard the crazy bird mate, we never talked much." Spike stubbed out his cigarette and signaled the waitress to bring another round of beers. He had no attentions of getting in contact with Dru while he was in Los Angeles.

*~~~*

Cordy walked around the crowded bar looking for the couples. She ran into a few of her friends, inquiring about the bandage on her wrist and she had no problem telling them she punched Angel in the face. No one believed her. She walked near the dance floor and that's when she spotted Spike and Xander. She made a beeline for them.

"Hi guys"

Xander swallowed nervously. "Hello Cordelia...you look nice tonight."

"Thank you Xander...you don't look too bad yourself."

Xander swallowed again. Cordy had never given him a compliment. She would always try to be polite but then ignore him, not this time.

"Hello pet."

"I was told Buffy was here."

"She and Anya went to the bathroom. They should be back soon." Spike replied.

Cordy looked at Xander, really looked at Xander. He was cute in a goofy kind of way. "So aren't you going to ask me to dance?"

Xander choked on his beer as it was going down. He couldn't believe those words had come out of Cordelia Chase's mouth. Before Anya, he had a serious crush on the beautiful brunette since his Freshmen year. He use to follow her around campus and wait outside her dorm so he could walk her to class. He would make her laugh and then ask her out but she refused every time. When he found out she was going with that meat head Angel, he was devastated. He wasn't the right guy for her but there was nothing he could do about it. There was no way he could compete with tall, dark and forehead.

He reached for the small table napkin to wipe his mouth. He sat his beer down and jumped to his feet.

"Lets go."

An excited Xander escorted a willing Cordy out onto the dance floor. It was the second best day of his life.

*~~~*

"Is it me or is there even more people in here?"

"Its not you. There are." Buffy replied with annoyance as she and her friend made their way through the sea of people.

As they got closer to their table, Anya noticed Xander was gone. She looked for him on the dance floor. It wasn't unusual to find him dancing by himself but this time he wasn't. He was dancing with Cordy and she wasn't happy about it.

Spike watched Xander and Cordy on the dance floor, trying to figure out why all of a sudden the pretty brunette decided to give his best friend the time of day. He wasn't happy about it. He liked Cordy but her behavior was suspect.

"Hey where's Xander?" Buffy asked wrapping her arm around Spike.

"Dancing with Cordy" Anya answered, folding her arms across her chest.

Buffy turned towards the dance floor, watching her best friend back it up on Xander. She was taken aback by the sight; wondering why her best friend was dancing with the very guy she thought was goofy and not her type. She looked at Anya who was doing everything in her power not to look bothered by the two dancing.

"What happened to her hand?" Buffy asked, noticing the bandage Cordy was wearing on her right arm.

"I didn't ask. She came over looking for you and then out of the blue she asked Xander was he going to ask her to dance."

"Really" Buffy replied in surprise.

Xander looked over at the table and saw Anya wearing a not to pleasant look on her face. It was his que to stop dancing with Cordy. He made something up about being tired and thirsty. They walked off the dance floor. He let Cordy walk in front of him while he tried to hide the look of guilt on his face.

"Hey Buffy...I was looking for you." Cordy said. Then she looked at Anya. "Hi" She didn't like Anya and the feeling was mutual with her best friends roommate. She analyzed her face. Anya was pissed, which let Cordy know she and Xander were indeed a couple. She decided not to take it any further with Xander, wanting to avoid another Spuffygate.

Anya smirked then said hello.

"What's up?" Buffy asked.

Cordy pulled Buffy to the side and told her she wanted them to have a shopping and dinner date this weekend. She said there was a lot they needed to talk about.

"Sounds great. I could use some new clothes."

"You can say that again. I'll give you a call on Saturday."

"Sounds like a plan...so uhh...what happened to your wrist?" Buffy asked.

"That's one of the things I need to talk to you about. You're not going to believe it when I tell you but it can wait."

"I'll let you get back to your date. I'll see you soon."

"Okay"

Buffy walked back over to her table and noticed Anya and Xander weren't speaking. There was some tension. She looked at Spike.

"Lets dance."

"I thought you're never ask, luv." Spike wasn't the only one sensing the tension between his best friend and his other crush.

*~~~*

Buffy wrapped her arms around Spike's neck. He placed his hands on her hips as they swayed to the music.

"Are you having a good time, luv?"

"Yeah"

"Good...what did Cordy want?"

"She wanted to go shopping and have dinner this coming weekend."

"Are you going to go?"

"Yeah...we have a lot to talk about."

"Did she tell you what happened to her wrist?"

"No but I'm sure I'll find out. She seemed kind of secretive about it."

"Anya doesn't look too happy." He said, changing the subject.

"I don't blame her. I don't know what that was all about but I'm definitely going to ask Cordy."

Spike huffed. His hands left Buffy hips as he wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her closer.

Buffy sensed something wasn't right. "What's wrong?"

"I'm tired of talking about everybody else. I want to know how you're doing."

"I'm fine." She said unconvincingly.

Spike pulled away from her to look at her face. He could always tell when something was bothering his girl. "I don't believe you."

"We need to talk."

"I know."
Resolved? by tahmoe
Author's Notes:
Feedback is appreciated.
Everyone was quite in the car on the drive to Buffy and Anya's house. The evening, which was supposed to be fun, turned into something serious. Anya didn't like seeing Xander with Cordelia on the dance floor while Buffy and Spike dreaded discussing the fate of their relationship. When the car pulled into the driveway, Xander killed the engine and immediately climbed out of the car to open Anya's door, but she was out of the car before he even had a chance. She hurried up the stone path leading to the front door. He followed and watched her as she closed the door in his face.

"I take it you don't want to talk." He shouted through the door. He looked at Buffy and Spike who were still sitting in the car, wondering why they were still inside. "I wonder what's going on with them." The lonely brunette asked out loud while he got comfortable on the concrete steps.

*~~~*

Buffy watched her upset roommate hurry into the house. "Anya's pissed at Xander."

"Looks like it." Spike replied as he looked out the car window then at Buffy. "So do you want to talk in the car or go inside?"

"Maybe now isn't a good time...Xander looks like he could use his best friend right now...I'll wait in the car."

"I'll be right back." Spike got out of the car and joined Xander on the steps.

Xander looked at his friend.

"Looks like I messed up, huh?" The lonely brunette asked.

"All you did was dance with the bird." Spike recalled what he saw at the Bronze then remembered as he watched Cordelia and Xander dance; there was a moment when the dancing could have been considered dirty dancing. "Except when her ass made contact with your." Spike made a gesture with his eyebrows to refer to Xander's maleness.

"All man...she saw that."

"We all saw it mate and you were certainly enjoying yourself." Spike held his hands up. "Not that I blame you, Cordelia is a sexy bird and your old crush. Does Anya know you use to have a thing for Buffy's best friend?"

"No"

"Well I think you better tell her and reassure her you no longer do."

Xander was quite.

Unnerved by his friends' lack of response, Spike looked at Xander. "Right?" He said, raising his scarred eyebrow.

Xander met his stare with hesitation and swallowed.

"Right?" The blonde asked again.

"Well maybe I have a chance now."

Spike looked back then from side to side. It was a nervous response but he wanted to make sure no one was listening. He slid closer to Xander and whispered. "What are you saying mate...are you telling me you're going to make a play for Cordy again?"

"I'm considering it." Xander whispered.

"If you want my advice, mate...stick with Anya. She really likes you and you two are good together. Cordy's too high maintenance and don't forget how she treated you all those times you asked her out."

"I'm telling you Spike. She was giving me this vibe like it was all good."

Spike chuckled. "I doubt it."

Xander didn't like his best friend's response. "You don't think I can get a girl like Cordelia Chase?"

"Lower your voice." Spike looked back and from side to side again. "I do think she's out of your league and that's only because she likes guys like that pounce Angel and other rich daddy boys."

"So what you're saying is that I should settle for Anya because I can't get anything better."

"You're taking this the wrong way Xander. No one's saying Anya isn't hot...talkative yes...but she's hot...blunt and inconsiderate...yes... but definitely hot...don't screw this up because Cordelia Chase rubbed up against you. Now go in there and patch things up with Anya...be honest with her about Cordy. I think she'll understand."

"I don't know. She's pretty mad at me. Maybe I should let her cool off and then talk to her tomorrow."

"You're probably right but make sure you do." Spike patted Xander on the back. "I need to get back to Buffy."

"Are you guys all right?"

"I hope so. She's been distant since we left the Bronze." I'm going to stay the night so you can go back to the dorm."

"Whatever you say?" Both men stood up and walked towards Xander's car. Spike opened the door for Buffy.

"Goodbye, Xander" She said.

Xander frowned and nodded his head.

"Later mate"

"How is he?" Buffy asked after Xander pulled out of the driveway.

"He'll live. He's going to talk to Anya tomorrow. Do you think you can talk to her on his behalf?"

"And say what...that seeing him and Cordy freaking on the dance floor was a figment of her imagination."

"It wasn't that bad, luv."

"Umm... I forget who I was talking to."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"You're a guy. We females see it a whole lot differently."

"How so?"

"One...it was disrespectful...two...they were on a date...three... he made her look stupid and f--?

Spike closed his eyes and nodded his head. "I get it now pet... Let's go inside."

*~~~*

Xander checked the student parking lot for Cordelia's red BMW. After spotting it, he checked his hair and face in the rear view mirror. He decided to confront the brunette about what happened at the Bronze. He took a deep breath and climbed out of the car. He stuck his hands inside his pockets then pulled them out. Xander was nervous as he looked at his watch. Visiting hours would be over in thirty minutes. In passing, he asked an attractive blonde what floor was Cordelia Chase on then he asked for the dorm number. When he arrived on her floor, he looked up and down the empty hall before knocking on her door. He heard her answer.

"It's Xander."

Cordy's eyes and mouth opened at the same time when she heard the name of her unexpected visitor. She thought she was hearing things as she approached her door.

"Who?"

"It's Xan-" She opened the door. "der" He finished.

"What are you doing here?"

Xander was nervous. "I was in the neighborhood and decided to stop by."

Cordy smirked and folded her arms across her chest. "Xander your building is beside mine."

"Can I come in?"

She hesitated. "Okay"

Xander stepped inside, looking around Cordy's room.

The curious brunette got straight to the point. "So what do you want?"

Xander was silent.

She unfolded her arms and held them in front of her. "What?"

"I was. Xander cleared his throat. "I was thinking maybe you and I should go out sometime."

Cordy folded her arms again. "Aren't you dating Anya?"

"Nooo"

Cordy smirked then tilted her head to the side.

"I mean yes but we're not exclusive."

"I don't think that's a good idea. I don't want to cause any problems between you two." The statement Cordy made wasn't completely true since she could have asked Buffy to confirm if Xander and Anya were an item rather than pushing up on him in the club, knowing it could piss Anya off.

"So what was all that about on the dance floor."

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean."

"The way you were looking at me and getting all close." Xander shrugged "I got the feeling you were trying to tell me something."

"It was just dancing." Part of the statement was true but Cordy was interested. Not that she would admit that to anyone. Xander wasn't the kind of guy she dated, ever.

Xander let out a fake laugh. "This is dancing." He did his version of the two- step with minimal eye contact. "This" He pulled Cordy up against him and gyrated his hips, staring into her eyes as he smiled. "Is something else?"

Cordy pushed him away. "Don't be silly...it wasn't like that." She lied.

"There's that word again." Xander hated the word silly. He chased after Cordelia during his first two years at SU. He would ask her out every chance he got and when she turned him down, he would ask why. Her answer was always the same. She thought he was silly, which was another word for immature. He tried everything to get her to go out with him. He made her laugh, researched her interests and pretended he was interested in the same things. He displayed chivalry like carrying her book bag for her, opening doors, and even paid for her lunches whenever the two were in the student union and still nothing. When he saw her holding hands and kissing Angel, his world collapsed but he got over it, mostly. He had come into his own at the end of his freshman year. He met Spike who was a year ahead of him. Spike helped him out with his style and the ladies. Xander got rid of his glasses, started dressing cooler, and bulked up while working out with his best friend. His new look and confidence had him walking tall around campus but Cordy didn't notice.

"Well I wouldn't be calling you that if it weren't true." She said turning her back on him to look at herself in the mirror.

Xander didn't like her dismissive behavior like he wasn't in room. He was getting mad and concluding Cordelia Chase played games.

"Oh I get it. I'm not metro sexual enough for you and my parents don't have enough money and let us not forget I look nothing like your 'perfect' Angel. He turned out to be a real winner."

Quickly, Cordy turned around. If looks could kill, Xander would be laid out on her floor. She didn't like being reminded of her failed relationship. She walked up to him, getting in his face.

"Fuck you Xander, you fucking loser" She pointed.

He leaned in closer. "Stuck up bitch!"

"Asshole!"

"Cock tease!"

"Loser!"

"You said that already."

Cordy started to laugh and so did Xander as the two backed off.

"This is not how I pictured this turning out." He said, shaking his head. "I guess we want be going out...huh?" He chuckled.

Cordy laughed again. "No I think we should keep it platonic."

"Platonic it is then" Xander stepped back then turned around, heading for the door. He stopped. "I feel we should shake hands...hug or something."

Cordy rolled her eyes and walked over to Xander. They hugged, patting each other on the back. She was the first to let go. "Now get out...I have an early class in the morning."

"I'm going...goodnight." Xander smiled on his way out the door, closing it behind him and thinking like immature boys do, he had at least got to feel Cordelia Chase's breast pressed up against his chest.

*~~~*

Faith stepped out of her room on her way to see what Cordy wanted earlier and saw Xander leaving her room. She waited until the elevator closed before rushing down the hall to knock on Cordy's door.

Cordy huffed as she approached the door for the second time. "What now Xander?" She opened the door. "Faith" She said.

The curious brunette was sure she knew why Xander was in her friend's room. "I saw Xander leaving. How was it?" The brunette's eyes sparkled as she smiled. She tried to walk into Cordy's room but the angry brunette blocked her entry.

A fake smile formed on her lips. "I'll tell you... if you tell me how it was with Angel?"

Faith stepped back and looked at Cordy's bandaged wrist as if she knew she was about to get hit.

"What happened to your wrist?"

"Don't change the subject bitch...you heard me."

The nervous brunette tried to be charming, giving Cordy her best smile. "Cordy come on... this is Faith you're talking to. I didn't sleep with Angel." She lied.

Cordy mocked her. "All Faith come on...I know exactly who I'm talking to...that's why I asked."

Convinced her soon to be ex-friend wasn't buying her story. Faith confessed. "Okay I did sleep with him but only once."

Cordy had shaken her head. "You know I was prepared to whip your skanky ass. Lucky for you, Angel was the first."

"But you guys were broken up. It was party. Everyone was having a good time and you know Angel he likes to flirt...and one thing led to another and it happened. I'm sorry."

"You're damn right you're sorry. Buffy was right about you. You can't be trusted. I don't want to have anything else to do with you. You're like pollution and its bad for everyone."

Cordy slammed the door in Faith's face.

*~~~*

"What!!!...Let me make sure I heard you correctly. You think we should break up...where the bloody hell is this coming from Buffy!" Spike shouted while pacing back and forth.

The fidgeting blonde watched her angry boyfriend pace back and forth. When he stopped, she attempted to speak again. "I was thinking."

"That's it no more thinking...we are not breaking up." He replied, using his hands for emphasis.

Buffy looked up at Spike. "Spike will you just listen."

"No Buffy...you're talking crazy." Spike started to pace again.

"I was talking to Anya."

"Oh bloody hell...so Anya thinks we should break up and you agree with her." Spike paused then headed for the door. He wanted to talk to Anya.

"Buffy stood up from her chair and approached Spike. "Where are you going?"

"I going to give that meddling bird a piece of my mind!!!" He shouted.

Buffy grabbed Spike's arm. "Will you calm down and lower your voice...other people live here."

"I bloody will not. I'm tired of people telling us what we should do about us."

Buffy crinkled her brow. "Who have you been talking to?"

Spike huffed then seated himself on Buffy's bed. "Xander"

She smirked and rolled her eyes. "So what does the great Xander think?"

"He thinks we should break up too...giving me a headache about me how I want have anytime for you, the whole distance thing and of course all the other women I should be concentrating on...can you believe him? "

Buffy sat beside Spike on the bed and placed her hand on his back. She breathed in and let it out. "That's pretty much what Anya said."

Spike turned to her. "Then let's prove them wrong, luv and forget this nonsense about breaking up. I know we can work it out. You love me...right?"

"Of course I do" She smiled.

"Then enough said"

"So just like that...love conquers and cures all...huh?"

"You bloody damn right it does." He said with confidence.

Buffy was glad Spike had calmed down. Now she could find out what his plans were. "When are you going to withdraw from your classes?"

"If I withdraw now, I can't stay on campus...so I'm going to do it two days before I leave."

"Okay...what about your stuff?"

"I did want to talk to you about that. Do you think it will be all right if I store some of my boxes here? Do you think your roomies would mind?"

"I'll ask them. There is a large storage closet downstairs. There's hardly anything in it. I don't think it would be a problem." Buffy had nervously bit her bottom lip. "So what about when you get back?"

"Ahh...I'll have a few days to myself before I'm expected in Los Angeles. My agent offered to put me up at his place but I'm not too crazy about staying with Ethan. He has some unusual habits and appetites but that's none of my business. It's probably what makes him a damn good agent." Spike shrugged. "I'm sure I'll find something soon."

Buffy didn't like the sound of that, thinking it was best not to ask Spike to elaborate on what he said about Ethan.

"What about me?" This was the question she wanted to ask first but chickened out.

"I know you want to go to graduate school. I was hoping UCLA or Berkeley would be some of your choices."

Buffy was silent. She did want to go to graduate school and thought about going to those schools long before she met Spike.

"What do you think about living together after you graduate?"

She smiled. "I think I would like that very much."

"Then it's settled. We just have to get through this last year with as many telephone calls and visits as possible, until you come out there." Spike grabbed both of Buffy's hands and looked into her eyes. "We can do it luv, I know we can." Spike released the smiling blonde's hands and wrapped his arms around her.

Spike had it all figured out Buffy thought as she melted into his embrace. Listening to him say it with such assurance and enthusiasm, made Buffy want to believe they were going to be fine because love conquers and cures all. Then again, she felt the same way with Riley and their five-year relationship ended with her heart being broken and a gonorrhea scare. Not to mention all of her other friends who tried the distance thing, only to see their relationships end after only a few months. Also, she couldn't leave out her parents who, after spending twenty-five years together, are getting a divorce. She wondered if she and Spike could be the exception?
On the Mend by tahmoe
Author's Notes:
I know it has been a while since my last update of this story, so here is a recap.

In the last chapter, Anya is pissed at Xander for dirty dancing with Cordy. Later, Xander tries to make a play for Cordy. It's a disaster.

Cordy tells Faith she knows about her and Angel and ends the friendship.

Buffy contemplated breaking up with Spike but he wanted to stay together but Buffy still has doubts.
Xander was sweating profusely. He was on his way to see Anya. After two days of not accepting his calls, she finally agreed to talk to him. He rehearsed his apology over and over again and decided he had it down, but stopped to get her flowers to make his apology that much better. He parked behind Oz's van and turned off the engine. He couldn't get out of the car right away, as he sat there mustering up the courage to face her. He knew he had messed things up with her, but it was Cordy. The girl he had been pining for, for two years. If he had let the opportunity pass, he would have been kicking himself later, but the funny thing was, he wound up doing that anyway because while he was living out his fantasy, he had hurt Anya. Though Xander still liked Cordy, he liked Anya more and after his conversation with the hostile brunette, he knew he didn't have a chance. It was time to move on. Besides, as Spike pointed out, compared to Cordy, Anya was low maintenance, less bitchy, easy to talk to and best of all, she liked him.

Anya waited nervously for Xander to arrive. She kept peeking out of the window every time she heard a car pass by. It had been two days since they last spoke and if it weren't for Buffy, it would have been longer. Xander had to pay for disrespecting her with Cordy of all people. She refused to be made a fool of. That's why she was surprised Buffy suggested she talk to him. No doubt Spike had put her up to it, but Buffy was right. Anya was crazy about the Xan man. Finally, she sat down and began reflecting on that night. She was sure Cordy was deliberately trying to start trouble. It was no secret they didn't like each other. It was obvious from the first day they met. Cordy was a snob and territorial when it came to Buffy and for the life of her, Anya couldn't understand why Buffy was even friends with the bitch. The things alone that came out of the brunette's mouth made Anya want to punch her in it. Like the time Cordy made a nasty comment about her favorite top Anya had purchased from Target and how she further commented that only poor people shopped at discount stores.

There were other things about Cordy that bothered her. Like when the stuck up brunette would turn her nose up at people for no apparent reason and always tried to monopolize Buffy's time away from her other friends. Finally, Anya asked Buffy why she was friends with her and Buffy responded with the typical 'once you get to know her she's not that bad', which confirmed to Anya that Buffy knew her friend could be a stuck up bitch, but she accepted her friend in spite of it.

For Buffy's sake, Anya tried to get along with Cordy. One night she decided to hang out with them and the night was going pretty well or so she thought, until Cordy called her a whore for sleeping with two guys at the same time. Anya didn't think she was deserving of that title because she wasn't the type of person who slept around. She would never forget how it all started. They were all talking about their best sexual experience and it was Anya's turn. She decided to share with them the time she slept with twin brothers. It began as a case of mistaken identity. Her boyfriend and his brother looked so much alike, even their parents still had trouble telling them apart. The only real distinction between the two was that her boyfriend had a mole on his left butt cheek and at that particular time, Anya was too caught up in the moment to check, despite her gut telling her something was different about him. Sexually, he was more aggressive and vocal and it turned her on. They started going at it like animals until her boyfriend walked into the room. To her shock and surprise, he didn't say anything. The wicked smile on his face had said enough, as he began to undress. Anya found herself intrigued by the situation and decided what the hell, she only lived once and went for it.

****

The hostess escorted Cordy and Buffy to their table.

"Wow that was fast. What did you say to her?" Buffy asked. She was sure they had to wait at least an hour for a table in the crowded restaurant.

"You mean what did Andrew Jackson say to her."

"Cordy you didn't."

"I sure did. I learned from the best. My dad does it all the time, but he tips with hundreds."

Buffy giggled and shook her head. She opened her menu, wondering what she was going to order. "Do you know what you're getting?" She asked.

"I'm not that hungry...probably just a salad." Cordy replied.

Buffy looked up. "A salad...after all that shopping we did. I'm starving."

"It's going to have chicken in it."

"Whatever...I'm getting a hamburger with everything and a double order of fries."

The waiter came over. They both looked up at the handsome guy.

"Hello ladies...I'm Justin. I'll be your waiter today. What would you like to drink?"

There was a slight pause before Buffy ordered a coke. She looked at Cordy, who swallowed before replying. Justin was hot. "I'll have a coke too."

"Alright...I'll be right back to take your orders." He smiled and even his teeth were gorgeous.

Buffy and Cordy's eyes followed his ass as he walked away.

"Tight...very tight." The brunette said.

"I bet you can bounce a quarter off it."

They both laughed.

Buffy resumed looking at her menu, giggling. Cordy on the other hand, had stopped laughing. This was what she missed. Being with her friend, shopping, checking out guys and having a good laugh. Tears began to flood her eyes. Too much time had passed and even though it seemed nothing had changed between them, every thing had. She looked at her best friend, sitting across from her.

"Buffy?"

Buffy looked up. Immediately, she noticed the tears in Cordy's eyes. "What's wrong?"

"I'm so sorry for not being the friend I should have been to you." Cordy could no longer hold back her tears.

"Don't cry Cordy...it's only going to make me cry."

The minute Buffy said those words; she started to cry. "I'm sorry for going behind your back. I should've told you."

Cordy picked up her napkin and wiped her eyes and running nose, but she couldn't stop crying. "I missed you so much."

"I've missed you too."

Now they both were crying and sobbing.

"Lets promise right here, right now to never let anything come between us again"

"I promise." Buffy replied. The two stood up and hugged each other then sat down.

The waiter returned with their cokes. Oblivious to the two crying women, he sat their drinks down and pulled out his pad.

"So what will it be la-" He stopped and looked at the cute blonde with the red swollen eyes then to the sexy brunette. She had been crying too. He figured the two women needed some more time and made a quick exit. "I'll come back in few minutes."

Buffy wiped her eyes and nose with her napkin. Cordy continued to do the same. They both looked at the each other then broke out laughing.

"God, look at us...we're a mess" Buffy said.

"I think we scared the waiter off."

"So what...I got my friend back...I love you Cordy."

"I love you too, Buffy"

*****

"So you have a thing for Cordy" Anya stated, staring at Xander with her arms folded across her chest. "I guess there's no accounting for taste."

"Had a thing for Cordy" Xander corrected her.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I know I should have but I didn't think it was that important."

"Not that important" Anya strained her voice. "You know we can't stand each other and that bit of information could have helped me understand the situation a little better."

"I wasn't expecting her to ask me to dance. She never would give me the time of day before, so a part of me that still liked her, jumped at the chance. I wasn't thinking and again I'm sorry for upsetting you."

"Well I accept your apology but it better not happen again because there are no second chances with me, Xander. " Anya's mood was changing. She gave Xander a little smile but then frowned again. "So is she out of your system now or do you still want to "dance" with her ?"

"Yes she is and you're the only one I want in my system. Xander closed the distance between them. He lifted her chin with his index finger. "I'd rather "dance" with you instead."

"Oh is that a fact"

"That's a fact" Xander leaned down and pressed his lips to hers. Anya didn't object. She was glad they had made up, but she still wanted to give Cordy a piece of her mind.

****

"Shut up...you actually saw Kendra going down on her."

"Yes"

"Ewwwww...I knew something wasn't right with them. I hate to bring this up but you remember that time you, Faith and Kendra ran into Spike and me in the student union. Of course, Faith was pissed and I was waiting for her to say something, but when she didn't, that's when I noticed Kendra stroking her arm. It just didn't look right."

"I never suspected a thing. I knew they were together a lot and I heard the rumors but I shrugged it off."

Cordy reached for one of Buffy's fries. "You know Faith slept with Angel."

Buffy almost choked on her food but managed to swallow it. She wiped her mouth. "What!"

"Yep...she fucked my man...well, ex-man but I suspect they were doing it behind my back when he and I were still together."

Buffy smirked and shook her head. She wasn't surprised at all.

"Its okay to say you told me so. Isn't it ironic how I was more worried about you doing that to me and all the while, Faith was the one I needed to worry about. I'm so stupid."

"No you're not...you're just one of those people willing to give other's the benefit of the doubt."

"But you pegged her from the start Buffy and I wished I would have listened to you."

"I wished you would have punched her lights out ,but I think Angel was the more deserving one...what an asshole."

"From now on, I'm dating guys like Xander." Cordy took a sip of her coke.

Buffy arched a brow at her friend. Now was the perfect opportunity to ask Cordy about what occurred the other night. "I'm glad you brought him up. What did you call yourself doing with him on the dance floor?"

"Oh that...nothing" She shrugged.

"I hardly call backing it up on him nothing."

"My favorite song was on and I wanted to dance." Cordy lied and began acting nonchalant.

Buffy kept looking at her. She didn't believe it for a minute.

Cordy knew Buffy wasn't buying it, but she still tried to pretend what she did meant nothing. "What?"

"Come on Cordy...you had your pick in that place and you chose him."

Cordy smiled. "He's gotten a lot cuter in the past year."

"Oh please"

"You don't think Xanfer's cute?"

"Yeah in a dopey immature kind of way, but he's so not your type."

"Well my type has been disappointing me lately and now, maybe I want something different."

Buffy continued to give Cordy that look like she was still full of shit.

The brunette surrendered. "Okay...I kinda do like him and I kinda wanted to piss Anya off too."

"I knew it and yes, you did piss Anya off and you know it wasn't right." Buffy leaned back in her chair and folded her arms. She couldn't picture Xander and Cordelia together. "I can't believe you like him."

"Just a little...but nothing that makes me want to really start pursuing him. I guess I wanted a confidence booster after the whole Angel thing and what better way to get it, then from someone you know is crazy about you. I'm over it now and I'm going to respect the fact that he's with Anya."

"Well I would appreciate that...the last thing I want to do is deal with you two fighting again."

Cordy wanted to change the subject. "So how are you and Spike doing?"

Buffy was surprised by Cordy's question. "We're good. He's going to be leaving for Canada soon. He got a part in a big movie."

"Really...that's good...I always said he could act." Cordy bit her bottom lip. She had come to terms with her best friend's relationship. She was convinced their relationship was going to be nothing more than a fling but she was wrong. Flings lasted about two weeks or a one-month tops. Spike and Buffy had surpassed that. "What's it been ... a year?"

"Almost"

"Wow...you think he's the one?" Cordy probed further.

"I know he is but" Buffy looked down at her drink. It felt weird talking to Cordy about Spike especially after every thing that happened.

"But what?"

"Nothing"

"Come on...we haven't talk in a long time ...well really talked...we need to catch up...I promise I can handle it. I respect you two are together now and I'm happy you've found the one."

Buffy could see Cordy was trying to make an effort by accepting her relationship with Spike. She decided to open up. "I'm worried about what's going to happen to us once he moves to LA."

Cordy nodded her head. "That's understandable but LA is only a four hour drive and its not like he's moving to another state."

"You're right, but I told him I thought we should break up."

Cordy didn't say anything. She felt if she agreed with Buffy, it would appear it was something she wanted to happen because of how she felt about their relationship in the beginning. However, if she disagreed, it would appear as if she was trying too hard for the sake of their friendship.

"Spike wasn't too happy about it. He thinks we can make it work and he wants me to come live with him in LA after I graduate."

Cordy didn't like what she was hearing but she held her tongue. "Really and are you?"

"I want to."

"Really"

"Stop saying that"

"Sorry" Cordy was a little shocked by what Buffy was telling her. "Well what does your heart tell you?"

"Hell that's easy...go, but my head tells me not to follow a man I'm not married to...to another city. It's relationship suicide."

Cordy couldn't hold her tongue anymore. "Then don't"

Buffy looked at Cordy. Her and Anya had something in common. Neither of them thought it was a good idea. She waited for Cordy to continue.

"It's clear you are having some doubts and when it comes down to it Buffy...you always follow your heart and look where it got you with that jerk Riley. Don't make the same mistakes with Spike."

Buffy knew there was no comparison when it came to Spike and Riley. "But Spike is so different from Riley. At least I know where I stand with Spike. He actually wants me and I think we really have something special. We have this connection, this bond that I have never experienced with Riley."

Cordy felt she had said enough. She had learned her lesson in interfering with other people's relationships. She just simply had to be there in case things went bad because that was what friends did for each other and it took her almost losing her best friend to realize that.

The waiter placed the check on the table. "Oh we forgot to tell him separate checks."

"Oh nonsense...I got it." Cordy placed her credit card on the table.

"Thanks, but I got the next one"

They exited the restaurant and climbed into Cordy's car.

"I'm so glad we did this." Buffy said.

"Me too...me too."
Doubts by tahmoe
Buffy stroked Spike's head nestled in her lap. He needed to take a break from reading his lines and while he rested, she decided to read some more of the script. She removed it from his chest and began reading where they had left off. It didn't take her long to get engrossed in what she was reading.

"Hmmm!"

The sound she made caused Spike to stir. She looked down at him and waited until he settled before reading again. She turned the page, then another page and another, crinkling her brow and covering her mouth with one hand as she read on and on. She made that sound again that caused Spike to shift but this time it was much louder.

Sensing something was wrong Spike opened his eyes. "What is it, pet?"

"There sure are a lot of sex scenes in this movie."

Spike shifted. "So"

"I don't like it. I want a rewrite." She replied in a half-joking manner but part of her didn't really like it.

"Its no big deal Buffy. I've done plenty of love scenes and I can tell you I have never gotten aroused. He lied, thinking it would ease her mind. However, Spike was well aware if a man didn't get at least semi-erect, it meant only two things. He was either gay or impotent, none of which applied to him. He shifted on Buffy again.

Buffy didn't believe him and asked, "How can you not get hard? You're lying in bed with a beautiful woman and you're both kissing and fondling each other."

Realizing Buffy wasn't going to let it go, Spike had to be truthful. He sat up beside her. "Okay it does happen but as actors, we have to be professional about it. It's not like you really want to have sex with the person. You're just trying to give the director the best scene possible to move on to the next scene. Buffy folded her arms across her chest and Spike could tell by the look on her face she didn't like what she was hearing. He wrapped his around her shoulders. "Luv, those scenes are so technical and rehearsed so much there is nothing intimate or sexual about them. Now as actors, we are obligated to make it look good but that doesn't mean we are enjoying them. It's not about that." Spike kissed Buffy on the cheek. "Okay"

"kay" Buffy's reply was meek. She flipped to the front page of the script and read the title again 'A Glimpse into an Affair'." She huffed. "Why couldn't it be an action movie?"

Spike wanted to help ease her thoughts. She was only half way through the script and he knew there were other things in it that would probably disturb her. At the time, he thought it was a good idea for her to help him go over his lines but now he wasn't so sure. If he abruptly told her he didn't want her to read with him anymore, it would look suspicious, so he thought using reverse psychology would be the best approach. "If you don't want to go over the lines with me anymore, I'll understand." Spike was hoping she would agree.

"No, no I want to...its just a little hard that's all...I'll get over it...you ready"

Spike closed his eyes and laid his head on her shoulder. "In a bit pet."

"Spike"

"Yes"

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Anything"

"Have you ever slept with any of the actresses in your movies?"

Spike eyes popped open. If there was a moment where he felt a lie was necessary, this was it but only to spare her feelings. There was a long moment of silence. He really didn't want to answer the question.

Spike's silence spoke volumes and Buffy's stomach clenched.

"Yes"

"How many?"

Spike really, really didn't want to answer that question. He had seven lead parts in movies that went straight to DVD and he had slept with all of the female leads including a few hot make-up artists and some eager extras.

"Pet, what good is this going to do you, if I answer this question...I mean really, why do you want to know." Spike couldn't blame Buffy from feeling insecure. Her last boyfriend was a right bastard and treated her like shit. He had no intentions of ever hurting her that way.

"I just want to know."

"That's not good enough...now be honest with me...why do you really want to know?"

Buffy didn't want to answer his question now.

Spike knew what the real reason was. She didn't trust him.

"I'm just curious." She lied.

"Bollocks! You're worried I'm going to sleep with someone while we're apart."

Buffy didn't say anything because Spike was right.

"Pet if I wanted to sleep with someone else...I don't have to go all the way to Canada to do it. Baby...I only want to be with you...you'll all I need."

Buffy wanted to cry. "I'm sorry...it's just hard...I can just see all of those women throwing themselves at you. Lets face it...you're hot."

Spike chuckled and gave his insecure girl one of his sexy looks. "You think I'm hot."

Buffy chuckled. "Stop it...I'm trying to be serious."

"I'm sorry, luv but you're going to drive yourself mad."

"Well you know we never really discussed how many people we have slept with and I think that's important...don't you."

Spike shrugged. "It never crossed my mind and personally I think there are some things you should keep to yourself. I don't want to know how many guys you slept with and I certainly don't want tell you how many women I've slept with."

Buffy's raised an eyebrow at him. "That many, huh?"

Spike frowned. He had slept with a lot of women and had a list of names just in case anyone turned up sick or dead from some horrible disease. He would admit that every woman he slept with...he didn't use protection but that was when he was younger and dumber. He was a horny teenager and during that time, he just wanted to stick his dick in anything. Lucky for him, he never caught anything but the mere thought that his luck would run out scared him to strap up every time. He looked at Buffy. "All you need to know is that I have never had an STD and I get tested for HIV every six months. He said reassuringly.

She believed him but her insecurities wouldn't let him off that easy. "Well at least answer my first question"

Spike huffed. "Okay, but don't ask me anything else." He paused, looking away from her. He couldn't believe he was going to give into her. Question and answer sessions like these between boyfriends and girlfriends always led to an argument that is why he never wanted a girlfriend. He faced her and looked straight into her eyes. "I slept with all of them, Buffy."

Her stomach clenched again and suddenly she felt as if he had cheated on her. She tried to hide her shock her entire body tensing. Spike's answer was eating her up inside but she managed to relax just enough to nod her head once. "I see."

They just looked at each other. The mood had shifted and although she tried to hide her shock, Spike knew the revelation was like a punch to the stomach. Her eyes had given her away, growing slightly larger than normal and the vein protruding from the side of her neck as she stiffened was just as telling. He no longer wanted to read his lines. He just wanted to lie back down and forget they had this conversation. He grabbed a small toss pillow and threw it to the other end of the couch. He placed his head on the soft pillow and after several long minutes, peace had finally settled into his mind and he began to fall asleep.

To her disappointment, Buffy watched Spike move away from her to the other end of the couch. It would be the first time she felt distant from him. She wasn't prepared for what he told her but the masochist in her wouldn't let it go. She picked up the script and began reading it again, a glutton for punishment. Expressions of shock, disgust and worry were apparent on her face but she kept quiet until..."Oh my God! You have to show your ass!" She shouted, stunning Spike out of his sleep.

Spike was getting angry. "Oh bloody helll...that's it...give it here. I don't want you reading anymore." He held out his hand, demanding the script.

Buffy pulled away. "Okay I promise I want say anymore but why the butt shot. It seems so unnecessary and besides, I want to be the only one looking at your butt."

"Well you're not paying me $300,000 and I doubt seriously the director is going to be focusing on my butt for the entire movie."

Somehow Buffy doubted that. Spike had a great ass, tight, firm and perfect.

"Now give it here". Spike reached for the script.

"No" Buffy jumped off the couch.

"Pet I'm not in the mood to chase you."

"To bad because I'm not handing it over."

"Fine...then keep reading and if you think that's bad, wait until you read what's on page 120...remember I warned you and when you're done reading...I don't want to hear another word about anything." Spike knew he was making the situation worse but Buffy refused to be mature about it.

She sat in another chair a few feet across from Spike. She began reading more of the script. Spike stretched out on the couch and turned with his backing facing Buffy.

Buffy found herself making faces again as she read page after page. A couple of times she glanced up to look at Spike. She was dying to talk to him to voice her concerns. Not only were there even more intimate scenes but there was also a scene where he had to kiss a guy on page 120. Now she reasoned why he was being paid so much money. Other better-known actors had probably turned the role down because of the homosexual scene. She thought Spike was just as good an actor as the others but he had nothing to lose and everything to gain if the movie was a success.

A sudden sadness washed over her. Spike would be leaving in a few days and things between them would change. Already she was having problems reading a stupid script. How was she going to act when she actually saw it on screen or worse while she was there on the set? They had already made plans for Buffy to come visit him over her summer break and they discussed her coming out to LA once he settled into his own place, which she hoped would be soon. She didn't like the idea of him living with his agent, especially after what Spike cryptically said about him. Though she didn't ask him to explain, Buffy got the impression his agent was a slim ball in an expensive suit. Weren't most agents? She thought.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=6458