A Self Portrait by PsychoPromQueen7
Summary: Buffy Summers is smart, feisty, cute as hell and perfectly content with life in LA with her father. Everything’s going great for her. That is until mommy dearest decides to go on and marry Patrick Kendal, business man extraordinare bringing his annoying as hell daughter Harmony with him. Buffy’s forced to go live in Sunnydale with her new “family” and pretend that everything’s just peachy keen. The one thing she wasn’t expecting was to find the love of her life…who just happened to be her stepsister’s boyfriend.
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 18 Completed: Yes Word count: 27352 Read: 72404 Published: 01/20/2005 Updated: 05/03/2005

1. We'll Always Have Paris by PsychoPromQueen7

2. Lost by PsychoPromQueen7

3. Every One Has a Price by PsychoPromQueen7

4. Baby You Can't Drive My Car by PsychoPromQueen7

5. Dude, Seriously, Pull Up Your Pants by PsychoPromQueen7

6. Coke Is Meant To Be Drunk, Not Worn by PsychoPromQueen7

7. Not That Kind of Girl by PsychoPromQueen7

8. The Legend of Milly May McCormick by PsychoPromQueen7

9. Then What Do You Want? by PsychoPromQueen7

10. I'm So Convinced by PsychoPromQueen7

11. Please Don't Drive Me Home Tonight by PsychoPromQueen7

12. Larmes À Pleurer: Tears To Be Cried by PsychoPromQueen7

13. Take Me Away by PsychoPromQueen7

14. Emotion by PsychoPromQueen7

15. Guess What? I'm A Millionaire! by PsychoPromQueen7

16. And The Truth Comes Out by PsychoPromQueen7

17. Crying by PsychoPromQueen7

18. The Hollywood Ending by PsychoPromQueen7

We'll Always Have Paris by PsychoPromQueen7
I blame trashy teen novels for this fic…

******

Buffy Summers blinked blankly at the house before her. The Kendal home. Mommy dearest just to do it didn’t she? She had to go and marry fucking Patrick Kendal. Buffy was completely convinced her mother had done it just to make her suffer. There was no other possible logical reason. None at all.

“Come on sweetie,” her mother smiled brightly, grabbing Buffy’s hand as they started into the door, “I’m sure Patrick will adore you and Harmony and you will click instantly.”

Buffy suppressed the urge to roll her eyes. Yeah right. Instead she just flashed her mother a fake smile. Not that her she actually noticed it was indeed fake.

And there they stood. Patrick and Harmony Kendal were waiting for them in the large, modernly furnished living room. Buffy quickly wondered how her mother could stand to be in the said room. It had harsh, unwelcoming angles and looked like it hadn't been used even once. The whole house was just a house, not a home.

“Well hello,” Patrick gave her a large smile that looked well practiced. Asshole. Buffy instantly hated him. So much for her giving him a chance, there was no way in hell.

Harmony looked her over with a snooty expression before giving her a sickeningly sweet smile just like her father. Well not exactly, this one was just plain malicious, “Hi Buffy .”

Translation: Die bitch die.

Taking in the other girl’s clearly expensive clothing, Buffy suddenly felt rather self conscious in her form fitted white wife beater with a colorful lace flower down the front that she’d made herself and jeans that had the knees ripped out.

Plastering yet another fake smile on her face Buffy said sweetly, “It’s really nice to meet both of you.” she paused before continuing, “I’m gonna go get myself settled okay?”

Joyce nodded, “Okay honey, I’ll call you when dinner’s ready. We can have out very first family dinner together!”

Yippee fucking doo.

Of course Buffy didn’t actually voice her opinion; she just nodded back and headed upstairs to the bedroom her new “daddy” had so kindly paid two movers to bring in her boxes of stuff in before she arrived so she wouldn’t have lift a finger.

Okay so that wasn’t so bad of him but like that made a difference. She still hated him.

Buffy had to hand it to her mother. She had picked out the perfect room for her. Instead of the large room next to Harmony’s on the second level that was now designated for Dawnie when she arrived, she’d had Buffy moved into the refinished attic with a large bay window looking over the back yard. It was absolutely perfect for her. She looked around the small, cozy room with a queen sized bed on an antique copper bed frame with a matching vanity and something became very clear. She had a whole lot of work to do.

Her room in LA had been covered in posters and pictures and stickers that had seemed to make the room come to life. This was just…bland. Like she’d said, she had a whole lot of work cut out for her.

She turned too look at the wall around the bay window and smiled. It was perfect. She glanced at a box labeled IMPORTANT STUFF before opening it, thankful that someone had cut the tape open beforehand. She pulled out her paints before turning back to the white wall and taking a deep breath. Buffy untied her precious baby blue silk scarf, given to her by her late grandmother, which had been tied around her wrist and pulled her long honey blonde locks back.

Bring it on.

******

A meadow. A beautiful colorful meadow just like the one painted on the wall of Le Café de Dollhouse in Paris. Her mother had taken her there when they’d been in Paris. Joyce had wanted her daughter to see all the fine art there. Buffy had never been happier in her life then when she had been wandering around The Louvre as a wide eyed eight year old girl. Her mother had told her you could spend your entire life in that museum and not see everything. Buffy had really wanted to try. She had wanted to see everything, to soak in every drop of the history and culture she could get her eyes on. So now here she was, painting that same meadow on her new bedroom wall.

A slight knock made her jump as the door open and her wicked stepsister sauntered in like she was the queen of the freakin universe. Wicked stepsister indeed.

“Let’s get some things straight right now,” she started, her voice bitchy as could be, trying to warn Buffy to listen and listen good. The bitch had a lot of nerve, “You don’t belong here. I’m not up to sharing my daddy with you so don’t even try to suck up to him. Don’t even dare to try to talk to me at school because I will ignore you. I mean to make your life a living hell while you're here, just a heads up and most importantly, stay away from my Blondie Bear, he’s mine!”

Buffy stared at the ditzy blonde for a moment before speaking, “Are you quite done?”

Harmony huffed and stormed out of the room in return.

Oh living with this girl was just going to be a joy!

******

This was beyond odd Buffy decided as everyone sat around the large dinning room table, with plates of spaghetti in front of them. They were all eating in complete silence. Okay well Harmony was twirling noodles around her plate on her fork and pretending to be eating while the three other people at the table ate but that wasn’t the point. This was so not going to work for Buffy. With dad, it had been Chinese takeout while watching whatever show was TV’s big hit at the time. That’s what she was used to, not…this, whatever this was.

“So you found your paints I see,” her mother finally commented, noting Buffy’s paint covered hands,

Buffy smiled brightly, a real smile this time. Any excuse to talk about her art. Both of the Summer’s woman shared a passion for the arts. “Yeah, do you remember that adorable little café, The Dollhouse in Paris? You know, the one with the meadows painted onto the brick walls? Well I was looking at the wall around the window up there and decided to make my very own.”

Joyce smiled, “Of course I remember. We’ll have to go back there one day.” She then spared a glance at a now scowling Harmony and added, “With Harmony with us this time.”

And with that, he mother had re-darned her mood that had been momentarily brightened.

******

About five minutes later there was a knock on the door. Buffy had jumped on the chance to get away from the table, “I’ll get it!” There was always a chance that Dawn had showed early and she wasn’t alone anymore.

She practically dashed to the front door, still praying it was Dawn. She opened the door, a smile on her face and stopped frozen when she saw who was standing there.

The most drool worthy hunk of man that Buffy had ever seen stood there dressed in all black. His hair was bleached blonde, razor sharp cheekbones and he had the most beautiful blue eyes, finally a scar on his eyebrow. He screamed bad boy. Buffy had found the inspiration of her next painting.

******

Spike Giles stood outside of the Kendal home, slightly nervous. He had to break up with the annoying little chit and fast. He couldn’t stand her bloody whining and that pet name anymore. Fucking Blondie Bear his ass.

A few seconds after he’d rung the doorbell, the door had opened to reveal an angel. She had long golden blonde hair that was pulled back into a blue scarf, wide hazel eyes, bee stung lips and she had a small spot of paint on the tip of her nose.

“Uh hi,” she said after a pause, “I’m Buffy, the newest addition to the Kendal household.”

Then it hit him. Joyce’s daughter which meant that she was Harm’s stepsister.

Maybe he shouldn’t be to quick to rid himself of her quite so soon after all.

******
If ya like it, plz do review and make me happy. You want me to be happy right?
Lost by PsychoPromQueen7
I want to thank everyone for all the great reviews! You can thank my no good slime bag boyfriend for ditching me for his friends for the THIRD Friday in a row for this chapter cuz now I’m stuck at home AND he’s not answering his cell. Bastard. God I really want to poke him and hard. Hey, I got an idea, let’s all poke him! Will you all do that for me? *smiles hopefully*

******

“Oh, hello William,” Joyce smiled warmly as Buffy led Mr. British Hottie that had introduced himself as Spike into the dining room, “We just sat down for dinner, care to join us?”

He looked at Buffy briefly before smiling back at Joyce, “Sounds great.”

“Blondie Bear!” Harmony greeted her boyfriend, “What are you doing here?”

Spike mentally cringed at her high pitched voice. The voice he was sure could crack glass if she tried.

“Just came to see you luv. I missed you,” he lied through his teeth to answer he question.

Harmony beamed at him before throwing Buffy a cross between a warning and a smug look (well that’s what Buffy thought the other girl had attempted but there was no way to be sure.)

“Ahh, how sweet,” Buffy said sarcastically, Harmony not picking up on this at all.

“I know, my Spikey loves me so much,” Harmony smiled happily.

Buffy wanted to gag. How could a girl like Harmony ever be with a guy like that? Oh wait, never mind. Like she already didn’t know the answer. She probably put out on the first date therefore she got the really hot guy. Buffy hated girls like that. Maybe she should just sell, give up all of her morals and become a slut. Couldn’t be that bad right?

Buffy’s eyes rested on Spike.

Hell if it got you guys that looked like that she was game.

Oh come on Buff, she mentally shook her head. He’s probably a totally asshole. After Angel you promised yourself no more assholes remember? Uh huh, like she’d really stick to that. They flocked to her. After all, there were only two kinds of men in the world. Pigs and dogs, take your pick girls.

Why the hell was she even having this conversation with herself anyways? He was Harmony’s boy toy. It was highly unlikely he’d ever go for Buffy even if he wasn’t. Well one thing was for sure.

Life sucked.

******

During the rest of the dinner one thing became very clear to Buffy. She just did not belong here at all. She’d been cut off mid-sentence and blatantly ignored. She wasn’t used to it and she hated it. With Dad, he’d always divided his attention between her and Dawn evenly and he’d always listened. Always, no ifs and or buts about it. It had been part of his mother/father all in one package thing and he’d done it well. Joyce Summers had clearly lost her touch.

It had been like someone had grabbed onto one of her internal organs and twisted when her mother lit up as Harmony told her about how her cheerleading squad was going to some convention thingy in which her mother spewed out endless compliments and promises to be there no matter what. Her mother hadn't even bothered to promise to come when Buffy had had her work displayed at an actual gallery after she’d been chosen out of thousands of young artists from all over. Patrick had needed her to go to some big charity event. And besides, what was this, Bring It On? Cheerleaders are so passé. Like the world needed more anorexic bimbos jumping up and down and acting as though what they’re doing takes talent. That’s what pop stars were for. The main purpose of cheerleaders was give pervs alike in the stands something more interesting then the game to gawk at. Thanks, but no thanks.

The someone that was twisting her internal organs had started to rearrange them as her mother and Patrick laughed and touched and all of the things that she’d watched her mother and father do for years. They’d been so in love and then it had just simply fallen apart. No signs, no advanced warning to prepare them for the blow, no nothing. One minute they’d been one big happy family and the next she was stuck in that Pink song “Family Portrait”.

Buffy tilted her head to the side, taking in the picture perfect sight of Patrick Kendal, Harmony Kendal and Joyce…Kendal. For the first time since she’d even heard of her mother’s engagement, Buffy felt her mother was completely lost to her.

******

There were three options for Buffy as far as what to do when she entered her room after dinner. She could:

A) Go on painting her meadow and act as though everything was a-okay.

B) Call her dad and beg him to talk mom into letting her move back to LA all while sobbing hysterically.
Or

C) Pull out the angsty music, her sketch pad, a pencil and draw an equally angsty picture with silent tears rolling down her cheeks.

Well option A was clearly to mature for Buffy so it was out of the question. Anyone who said they’d go with option A was a liar and any psychologist saying that she needed to act like a mature young adult and except change in her life and let new people in could shove their opinion up their ass because it just wasn’t going to happen. Not now, not ever.

Option B would work best if she waited until something really bad happened. Sure her father would be swayed instantly by her tears and welcome her back with open arms but it was a little rash for so soon. It was tempting but no.

Option C was always a good way to go. The music and art would either help her out of her new-found depression or pull her in further down into the sinking black hole she was slowly falling down.

Then again there was always the underrated option D: Make voodoo dolls of Harmony and Patrick Kendal and slowly kill them by sticking pins into their body.

Personally, she liked option D the best but sadly C was the best choice.

Buffy had unpacked all of her essentials before dinner, her art supplies, her CD player and CD’s and her vintage record player and records. She popped in Jimmy Eat World CD Bleed America, flipped to the title song and plopped down onto her bed that she’d just made up with her cream satin butterfly comforter and a few throw pillows with her sketch pad and started her picture.

******

Honestly, Spike had been on his way to the bathroom but he’d somehow ended up at Buffy’s bedroom door. He wasn’t quite sure how it happened but it had. So now here he was staring at the door, unmoving like an idiot.

Angst ridden emo played on the other side of the door. He’d seen how she’d looked at and reacted to the happy family routine and couldn’t blame her for being upset. All he’d wanted to do was comfort her, kiss her pouty lips, take off that cute little tank top…bloody hell he’d known of her existence all of an hour and for that hour she’d dominated his thoughts.

Taking a deep breath, he finally knocked softly on the door and waited.

“Come in!” came from the other side a few seconds later, giving him permission to enter her room. He let out the breath he’d been holding before entering.

There on her bed, strands of golden hair falling loose from the scarf in her hair and her hazel eyes slightly wet saying she’d been crying was again, the most beautiful girl he’d ever seen.

“Oh, uh hey,” she said, sitting up slightly, “What’s up?”

“I, uh well I was on my way to the bathroom and…” he trailed off mid-explanation.

A few seconds of awkward silence went by before Buffy spoke again, “You can like go now ya know.”

“I just wanted to make sure you were okay,” he finally blurted out.

This caused Buffy to raise an eyebrow, “Is this the part where you tell me that it’s just gonna get some getting used to? That in the end I’ll fit right in here and I’ll go on living happily in this suburban wasteland? Well let me tell you something, it is not going to work out like that. I just want to go home and act like I was never forced to be here and watch my mother play perfect mommy to Harmony and perfect wife to Patrick!” She stopped the calm herself, “Just leave me alone.”

Spike stood their stunned, “Uh, actually I was going to agree with everything you said but no need now really.” He spared a glance at an open box of records before asking, trying to change the subject, “Vinyl?”

“Mmhm,” Buffy nodded, “Everything from Bing Crosby to Zeppelin.”

“You got any…” Spike started but Buffy cut him off.

“Lemme guess, any British punk circa early sixties to seventies?” Buffy asked with a small smile, “Sex Pistols? The Clash? Ramones? Even the awesomely pre-punk New York Dolls?”

Spike smirked at her. The girl didn’t even know him and could read him like a book.

******
sorry, I’m a music addict so I made Buffy one too. Hope ya enjoyed!
Every One Has a Price by PsychoPromQueen7
I’m glad you're all liking this! Extra thanks to anyone who poked my boyfriend for me. I now have it all worked out with him. I simply told him if he ditched me for his friends again, the next time he’d be getting any would be with himself. It seemed to work because he spent all day kissing my ass. Go figure.
******

“Oh come on, are you scared?” Buffy smiled wickedly at her new found friend that she really, really wanted to jump.

Spike had showed up at her door about a half hour ago and hadn't left to go back to Harmony yet. Instead they were going through her extensive music collecting and talking. Now, Buffy had pulled out her prized tarot cards and he was being a big baby.

“I don’t believe in that rubbish,” he denied, shaking his head no way,

“Then what’s the harm? I mean if you don’t believe in this stuff and you think it’s fake, is it going to kill you to let me do a simple three card reading?” she asking, starting to pout.

That lip was going to be his downfall, Spike decided as he resisted the urge to lean in and take her lower lip in between his teeth, “Fine. Let’s get this over with.”

Buffy giggled slightly, “Try and sound a little less enthusiastic why don’tcha?”

He grumbled something that Buffy roughly translated as ‘loony bint’ under is breath causing Buffy to laugh again. Well so much for that ‘he’s a total asshole’ theory she had been planning on going with. Damn him.

With a small smile, she shuffled and cut the deck before laying three cards from the top in a row, the past, the present and the future.

Buffy flipped over the first card and looked up at him, “The first card is your past. It can represent the distant past just as well as it could represent yesterday. The Magician.”

“And that means…?” he raised a scarred eyebrow.

“The Magician can mean action, power, originality, confidence, individuality, willpower, new beginnings, and potential BUT before you let that cocky smile take over your face it can mean abuse of power and deception,” Buffy explained before she turned over the second card, “The Moon, while it can mean confusion, high charged emotions, lies, deceit and even fear on the positive side the light of the moon is supposed to illuminate a path to new possibilities.”

Buffy was about to turn over the final card when her bedroom door swung open and a pissed off Harmony entered,” Blondie Bear! Why the hell are you in here?!”

“Uh…” he started but got cut off by Buffy.

“He was talking to my mom for I while and then I lured him into my room with my wicked, wanton intentions,” Buffy shrugged, “No harm, no foul. Can have him back now if you want.”

Harmony glared at her, her lips pursed together in anger giving her a rabid dog look, or at least Buffy thought so, “Stay away from my boyfriend bitch.”

The urge to laugh was almost uncontrollable. To stop the impending laughter, she did what she did best. Sarcasm. Buffy put on her very best shamed look, “I’m so sorry. It looks like you’ve uncovered my evil plans to steal your precious Blondie Bear right before your eyes. I’ve never been so ashamed.”

Now it was Spike’s turn to try to control laughter.

Harmony in return just glared even more before grabbing onto Spike’s arm and dragging him out of the room, slamming the door behind them.

Buffy just shrugged. Like she cared. She had a new hobby anyways, that being pissing off her dear stepsister. It was easy, fun and rewarding.

She glanced over at the unturned card on her bed before flipping it over to see what Spike’s future held.

The Lovers card.

******

Buffy looked herself over in the mirror once more before deciding she looked hot in her white cotton baby doll dress and black cashmere sweater with half sleeves that she’d beaded a red rose on with red sequins herself. Bangles of every color, size and shape adorned her thin wrists along with a small silver cross necklace her father had given her last year on her sixteenth birthday. Her hair was down in soft wavy curls curtsey of her new curling iron, she had battle scars from this, and her make up was nothing more then light mascara, rosy cheeks and baby pink lips. Finally, her favorite part of her outfit was her Partridge Family style wedge platforms that she’d mastered walking in recently. Yeah, so what if they killed her feet? They looked good.

She turned away from the mirror and grabbed her canvas bag she’d painted a landscape with the Eiffel Tower in it before heading downstairs.

Of course with her luck she met Harmony coming out of her room, heading downstairs also. The other blonde gave her a nasty glare before pushing Buffy aside and gliding down the stairs in a huff.

“Buffy,” Patrick greeted her with a cheerful smile. A little too cheerful for Buffy’s taste. Something was up.

“Patrick,” Buffy replied with a small smile that she’d forced across her lips. Nothing about him brought a smile for her.

“Follow me,” he ordered, getting up from a stool at the breakfast nook, “I bought you a welcoming present against Joyce’s orders of course. I really hope you like it dear.”

Buffy mentally cringed at the ‘dear’. If he called her sweetie she was out of here.

He lead her through the living room to the front door and out to the driveway. Buffy stood frozen as she saw her ‘present’.

Parked in the driveway was a cherry red Mustang with two black stripes up the hood and down the back gleaming in the sun.

“It’s a beautifully restored nineteen sixty-seven Ford Mustang. This baby a true California car just like you are California girl,” he explained, a proud smile on his face, “You like?”

“Like?” Buffy asked in wonderment, her fingers lightly tracing over the hood, “More like love! This car is amazing!”

“Then it’s yours,” Patrick shrugged, tossing the keys to a still bewildered Buffy.

“Are you serious?” she asked with wide eyes.

He nodded back at her, “Completely.”

That’s when Buffy’s eyes narrowed slightly, “Are you trying to buy me?”

He paused for a second before asking, “Yes. Is it working?”

Buffy looked up at Patrick, “Uh, yeah, duh.”

“Good then,” he smirked slightly before heading back into the house.

Buffy watched his retreating back and sighed. Okay she was such a sell out. She’d let herself be bought by the enemy. She glanced at the car once more and felt slightly better.

Come on, the car was hot. Who wouldn’t have taken it? She wasn’t a sell out, she was just sensible…right?

******

The bitch had put a hit out on her. Harmony had put out a fucking social hit on her! No one would so much as look at her and when she’d stopped and asked for directions to her homeroom, she’d been ignored. It was becoming increasingly clear that she did not like to be ignored.

And now here she was having a battle of the wits with her locker and getting her ass kicked.

“You need some help?” an amused female voice came from behind her.

Buffy turned with a sigh to see a brunette girl dressed in tight black leather pants and an equally tight red tank top. Her lips were quirked into a tiny amused smirk.

“I’m thinkin that would be nice,” Buffy said thankfully. She paused before introducing herself, “I’m Buffy Summers.”

“Faith Evans,” the brunette introduced herself, “You're the one that one of Cordelia’s minions told everyone to condemn right?”

“Yup, that’d be me,” Buffy shrugged before giving Faith her combination and waited.

Of course Faith got it on the first try with a little physical force that is.

“There ya go B,” she smiled before announcing, “I’ve thought it over in the last few seconds and decided that we’re gonna be friends.”

Buffy in return blinked at Faith causing the other girl to laugh, “Come on then B. You need to meet the gang.”

And with that Buffy let her be whisked down the hall by a complete stranger.

What did she have to lose anyways?

******
hope y’all liked it!
Baby You Can't Drive My Car by PsychoPromQueen7
This chapter is dedicated to my dear friend Jillian who I kinda took a little speech from for this, though I did tweak it just a tidge. You sure put him in his place babe! And oh yeah, the poem in this chapter came from my other friend Hali. We’re just a bunch of psychotic sixteen year old girls I guess. Okay so now you probably wanna know what the hell I’m talking about so on with the chapter.
******

“What did you say about her?” Anya Jenkins jabbed a lethal finger into some girl’s boyfriend’s chest. She took pleasure in jabbing her finger had cheating and or lying boys. It was fun! “What did you say about her yesterday?!”

“I…I…” he stuttered trying to get away from the offending finger.

“Listen to me you little mother fucking punk ass bitch, who the hell do you think you are going around telling everyone that she’s a ‘kinky bitch’ huh?! Does it make you a big man to tell your friends about your sex life huh? Oh wait, you have no sex life do you? Let me tell you something right now you little piece of shit, if you ever go around spreading FALSE rumors about ANY girl again, I will personally tie you up and whip your sorry ass!”

He nodded frantically before practically running away squealing like a little girl.

Anya took a deep breath and turned to her friends, “Well that was fun!”

Buffy in return blinked at her blankly, not sure if she’d really just heard what she was had just heard.

The other blonde girl held out her hand with a bright smile, “Hi! I’m Anya Jenkins.”

“Uh hi?” Buffy replied, unsure.

“Everyone,” Faith started, putting an arm around Buffy’s shoulders, “This is B my new bestest friend.”

“Buffy Summers,” Buffy smiled at the blonde and a redhead who was smiling back at her.

“Willow Rosenberg,” the redhead smiled back at her, “It’s nice to meet you. Not everyday Faith brings home a stray puppy.”

Buffy laughed lightly, “She saved me from ruining my shoes because I was about to brutally assault my locker with them.”

“Locker monster?” Willow asked with a slight laugh.

“You know it,” Buffy nodded before looking at Anya, “So, uh, do you normally…”

“Seek vengeance upon the male species for other girls?” Anya inquired with a large smile.

“If you wanna put it that way then yeah,” Buffy laughed, still unsure about Anya. The girl was kind of really scary.

“Yes I do,” Anya replied proudly, “The girl’s boyfriend was spreading rumors that she liked a little extra kink, you know whips, chains and all that other bondagy fun stuff when she’d hardly even kissed him yet. Disgusting.”

Buffy scrunched her eyebrows together, “The lying or the kink?”

“Please,” Anya waved a dismissive hand, “The lying duh. I’m the girl that wrote ‘sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me so come on master, tie me up and show me how much you like me’.”

Buffy was sure as hell doing a lot of blinking, “Sure.”

The third hour bell rang and Faith once again wrapped an arm around Buffy’s shoulder, “Onward girlies.”

******

“Hello?” Buffy called out, dropping her bag at the front door much like she’d done so many times before back in LA, “Anyone home?”

No response.

She shrugged, slipping out of her shoes before wandering into the living room. She opened up the cabinet that contained Patrick Kendal’s impressive entertainment system. She turned on the ten disc player before she started to flip through a collection of blues and rock. Okay, she’d give her mother’s new hubby one thing, he had taste. Was she in the mood for Ray Charles or The Moody Blues? Buffy continued to flip through the large CD collection. She suddenly stopped, a large grin splitting her face. She popped the CD out of the case and into the player. The sounds of The Culture Club filled the air as Karma Chameleon played.

Buffy turned on her heel singing along, slightly off key as she started to bounce into the kitchen. She stopped, another grin breaking out on her face.

Buffy threw open the balcony doors open dramatically before stepping out, opening her arms and bellowing out, “Don’t cry for me Argentina…”

“Buffy what are you doing?”

Buffy practically jumped out of her skin as the voice interrupted her moment.

She whipped around to see Dawn standing there trying not to laugh.

“Dawnie!” Buffy squealed out, pouncing on her sister, “Oh my god I never thought I’d say this but I’m so glad to see you!”

“Wow, I feel loved,” Dawn laughed, “Besides, I saw you not three days ago.”

“Yeah but I needed another Summers’s woman by my side. I feel like an alien here!”

Dawn nodded, “Is it really that bad?”

“Okay well mom is no longer mom, Harmony, our lovely stepsister is a ditzy flake that has it out for me and Patrick has tried to buy me and succeed. You tell me,” Buffy replied solemnly.

Dawn pursed her lips together, “Then I guess we need to stick together huh?”

“Oh Dawnie, you have no idea,” Buffy sighed, hugging her sister once more. She pulled away and smiled slightly, “So you wanna see my new car?”

******

“So Dawnie, are you in an Exile to Guyville or Exile to Main Street mood today?” Buffy asked as they zipped down the street and she sorted through the music she’d brought.

Her sister looked at her with a ‘huh?’ expression causing Buffy to roll her eyes, “Have I taught you nothing? Liz Phair, pre pop sell out or The Rolling Stones?”

“Let’s just check out the radio,” Dawn replied, switching on the car radio and started to flip through the stations. She smiled brightly and settled on a pop station which was now playing some nauseatingly sweet pop song.

Now, it wasn’t that Buffy had an issue with pop. Pop music could be good but she could not stand little boys and girls who just couldn’t except that the nineties were so over and the hay days of teen beat was over.

“Oh come on!” Buffy whined, “Don’t make me listen to this crap.”

“Buffy!” Dawn whined right back, “It’s Jesse McCartney! I love this song!”

Buffy muttered a ‘stupid fucking Jesse McCartney’ under her breath causing Dawn to giggle before she let out a sigh and let Dawn listen to the song.

“I don’t want another pretty face. I don’t just want anyone to hold. I don’t want my love to go to waste, I want you and your beautiful soul…” Dawn sang along happily.

“Oh you’ve got to be kidding me,” Buffy made a face, “Like this dude is actually looking at some girl’s ‘beautiful soul’. Give me a break. You find me one guy that’s looking at a chick’s ‘beautiful soul’ and I’ll take back anything bad I’ve ever said about guys. Until then…”

Dawn laughed and shook her head before she resumed singing along to the song.

******

Buffy entered the gas station to pay for her gas, grabbing a handful of random candy bars and a large bag of chips on the way. She was about to go up to the check out counter when she was rudely budged in front of. She was about to open her mouth to bitch but stopped when she say who it was. A small smile crossed her lips as she said, “Hey stranger. Long time no see.”

Spike smirked back at her, “No kidding luv. Seems like ages since you confession your wicked intentions to steal me from Harm.”

Buffy laughed and rolled her eyes playfully as she paid for her gas and snackage, “Well you know me. I’m just such a bad girl.”

After forking over a ridiculous amount for the said gas, Buffy grabbed her food and started out of the gas station, Spike in tow.

“That’s your car?” Spike raised a scarred eyebrow in the direction of her new baby.

Buffy smirked at him, “Mmhm, wanna give it a spin?” Her voice was dripping with innuendo.

He nodded, “Anytime luv, anytime.”

Buffy leaned close to his ear and whispered silkily, “Baby you can't drive my car.”

She pulled away giving him an impish smile before getting into her car and zooming off, leaving him standing there.

******
review pretty plz?
Dude, Seriously, Pull Up Your Pants by PsychoPromQueen7
This chapter is based off of my own malice for my 14 year old sister’s boyfriend. I hate him like...a lot. You can not trust a hormone laden 14 year old boy who writes three pages of ‘I fucking love you’ over and over and calls it a romantic note I tell ya!
******

Buffy’s eyes narrowed suspiciously at Dawn has her little sister gushed over a boy named Derek. Derek was a weasely little name as far as she was concerned. A roachy name. A roach that needed to be squashed under the toe of Buffy’s new seven hundred dollar Anna Sui butterfly cowgirl boots compliments of Patrick’s credit card.

“He’s so great Buffy!” Dawn insisted, “You know how I told you he offered to show me around the school last week? Well ever since that he’s been hanging around me, flirting and complimenting me! He’s soooo cute! God I think I’m in love!”

“I want to meet him,” Buffy stated, her eyes still narrowed.

This pulled Dawn out of her boy induced high as a look of pure horror crossed her face, “Oh my god! There is no way I’m letting you within a mile of him! You’ll give him the patented Buffy back off stare and he’ll go running!”

“Well,” Buffy shrugged indifferently, “Think of it like this Dawnie. If he sticks around after my back off stare, he’s the real deal. If not, well, sorry.”

“Buffy!” Dawn whined her little fourteen year old girl whine, “I really, really like Derek! Nobody sticks around after your back off stare! You’re scary!”

“Oh you're overreacting,” Buffy waved a dismissive hand. Okay so she knew everything Dawn had said was completely true. She’d give the little roach her back off stare and he’d run away, his tail between his leg, “I promise to play nice.”

Dawn gave her a skeptical look before sighing, “Fine, whatever. Just please Buffy, be nice?”

Buffy put on her very best innocent smile, “When don’t I?”

As Buffy exited the kitchen where the conversation took place, she heard Dawn mutter a “What have I just done?”

Oh you have no idea baby sister. You have no idea.

******

“What about this?” Faith held up a tiny little dark purple velvet Imitation of Christ mini in front of Buffy’s face.

Buffy and her new found friends of two weeks since she’d arrived had driven out to LA to shop and pop in to say hi to her dad.

Buffy’s nose scrunched together, “I dunno. It’s a little short don’t ya think?”

Anya rolled her eyes, “How to you expect to find a guy to give you orgasms if you don’t wear short skirts? Besides that thing is no shorter then the one you’re wearing now.”

Buffy looked down at her cut off jean mini and shrugged, “Guess you're right. How much is it anyways?”

There was a paused before Faith replied, “A thousand bucks.”

“A thousand dollars of that…that…piece of cloth?” Willow asked looking truly shocked.

“Welcome to the world of couture,” Buffy smiled, “Besides, Patrick said to go buy myself a whole new wardrobe and that’s exactly what I’m gonna do.” Her smiled turned wicked, “Step-daddy dearest has the cash, you girls see anything you like?”

“What do you think you’re doing?!” Harmony exclaimed, her hands on her hips.

Buffy looked up at her, biting back a groan. God she was in a good mood. Like she really needed any type of contact with her wicked stepsister! “Shopping. Really, I knew you weren’t the brightest crayon in the box but come on. Must you make me state the obvious?”

Someone had once told Buffy that it takes forty-two muscles to frown where it only took four muscles to extend your arm and bitch slap someone. She was a naturally lazy persona and tended to take the easier option so…

Bad Buffy. No hitting Harmony no matter how bad you want to.

Harmony was about to break out into another rant when a brunette girl put up a shushing hand, “Harmony, really, do shut up. Your voice is giving me a migraine.” She lowered her hand and turned to Buffy with a small smile, “Hi, I’m Cordelia Chase you must be Buffy, or as I’ve heard you referred to, The Bitch. Nice to meet you.”

“Wow, I’m flattered to hear that I’m spoken so highly of,” Buffy said sarcastically, “Nice to meet you too Cordelia Chase. So, now that we have introductions out of the way, could you take Harmony here and disappear please?”

“Ooh,” Cordelia smirked, “I like you Buffy Summers. You got spark.”

“Is that supposed to like be a compliment? You’re like the goddess of Sunnydale High right? And now you’ve dubbed me worthy?” Buffy raised an eyebrow.

Cordelia shrugged, “Take it how you want darling. Come on Harmony, we have to go buy me the most expensive thing in the store.”

The four girls watched them walk off, Faith calling out a, “Bye bitches!”

“I don’t get it,” Buffy frowned slightly.

“Cordelia Chase thinks you have spark,” Anya replied as though it explained it all.

“Really, do tell,” Buffy looked at her friends, “Should I be flattered or scared?”

“Be afraid Buffy,” Willow sighed, “Be very afraid.”

******

Buffy stared at Derek King with suspicious eyes. He was nervous and scared. His fear was intoxicating. You better be scared you little asshole, she thought smugly.

“So Dawn here tells me that you were kind enough to show her around school,” Buffy started, “Do you volunteer to show all the new girls around school?”

“Buffy!” Dawn hissed quietly.

“What?” Buffy asked innocently, “I’m just curious. So do you?”

“N-no,” he choked out, “Just Dawn.”

Buffy leaned back into the couch, still eyeing him, “Hmm, that’s interesting, Why exactly? I mean why not let one of the girls do it? Dawn needs to make some good girl friends while she’s here. That means not you by the way.”

“Come on Derek, you don’t need to sit here and take her harassment,” Dawn glared at her sister, “Let’s just go.”

“Oh come on Dawnie,” Buffy sighed, “Let me just talk to Derek here alone for just a second and I’ll leave you and him alone okay?”

Dawn looked unsure before she sighed aback and nodded, “Okay, but just for a second. I’m just gonna go to the bathroom and then we’re leaving.”

Buffy flashed Dawn a wide smile as the younger Summers disappeared down the hall before turning back to the younger boy, her eyes hardening, “She’s gone now and there’s no one to protect you little boy. I’m gonna be honest with you here. I don’t like you. I think you’re a little roach that needs to be exterminated, preferably by me. I know your kind Derek. You thought hey, I’ll show the pretty new girl around and maybe she’ll let me in her pants! Well guess what? It’s not going to happen you. I will personally rip your dick off and feed it to you if you try anything with Dawn and I won't think twice about it. You got that?”

He nodded his head urgently, “I…”

“Oh and Derek?” Buffy smiled, “Dude, seriously, pull up your pants.”

“Come on Derek,” Dawn came in for the save, re-entering the living room, “Let’s head out to the mall. Mom’s driving us.”

Buffy had honestly never seen someone look more relived in her life, “Have fun you guys!”

And with that Dawn and Derek (Buffy really hated the sound that) left to go shopping.

She couldn’t help but smirk.

The boy had almost pissed his pants.

******

“Hey B?” Faith asked as Buffy answered the phone.

“Oh, hey Faith,” Buffy sighed, putting her paint brush down. She’d been working on her meadow again, “What’s up?”

“I just called to say get on your dancin’ shoes because Ahn, Wills and me are bronzing tonight and so are you.”

“Faith, I dunno…” Buffy began but was cut off.

“B, it’s Friday night. It’s a crime for a hot young thang like yourself to be home alone so get your ass in gear. We’ll be there in twenty minutes.”

“But…”

All she got was the dial tone. Great.

Hanging up with a sigh, Buffy stood from her crouching position and wandered over to her closet.

It looked like she was going out tonight.

******
So sorry for the lack of spuffy in this chapter but there’s like oodles in the next chapter I swear. Review and find out!
Coke Is Meant To Be Drunk, Not Worn by PsychoPromQueen7
No authors note really, just wanted to say thanks for the reviews. They make me all happy and such : ) Sorry I haven’t updated but first me and my boyfriend broke up and I was too depressed to write but then we got back together and I got happy again and after that it was just pure laziness to blame for the lack of updates. Sorry again!
******

“So what’s your poison B?” Faith asked as they neared the bar of the Bronze.

Buffy wasn’t in a partying mood but Faith had insisted that she come with them tonight so here she was.

“Uh…” Buffy began, biting her bottom lip, “Diet coke please.”

“Oh come on Buffy,” Anya patted her on the back, “Live a little!”

“Oh trust me. I’ve lived lots in LA before and let me tell you, Buffy and alcohol are unmixy,” Buffy shook her head. She wasn’t lying either. Three drinks or so and she was out for the count. It wasn’t a pretty sight.

Faith smirked back at her, “Mkay, if you say so B.”

“But trust me,” Buffy smiled slightly, “If I have to face the blonde bimbo tonight the drinks’ll be flowing freely for me.”

“Ah, that’s the spirit!” Anya smiled brightly. She paused a minute before lighting up again, “Let’s dance!”

Buffy spared a glance at the dance floor before shrugging and let Anya, Faith and Willow pull her onto the semi-crowded floor.

******

“Come on! Let’s dance!” Harmony urged, latching onto Spike’s arm and holding on for dear life.

“I don’t want to dance Harm,” Spike sighed. At the moment all he wanted was to get completely drunk and pass out.

“But Spike…” she started to whine, “I came here tonight to dance! Don’t you want me to be happy?!”

I want you to fucking shut up, he thought with a scowl, “Fine. Let’s bloody well get this over with.”

Harmony smiled happily before she bounced out onto the dance floor, Spike in tow.

******

“Why won't he notice me?!” Anya whined, her eyes resting on one Xander Harris who was best friends with Willow. At the moment he was to busy drooling over Cordelia to even notice he had an extremely hot girl staring right at him. Knowing Anya, she wouldn’t say no to kinky sex games on the first date.

“Because Cordy’s tits are larger,” Faith replied, continuing to dance.

Willow nodded and added, “And slightly more exposed.”

“Forget him,” Buffy waved a dismissive hand, dancing right along with Faith, “He’s just a guy. Who needs um anyways?”

“Is she prettier then me?” Anya stopped her swaying movements and started at her friends in horror.

“NO!” they all reassured her. Buffy sighed at Anya before saying, “Guys are stupid fucking idiots. Yes. You know what? That’s exactly what they are. They see long legs and big boobs and get caught up in the illusion that they could actually have a girl like that. You're not only hot but you're real. That’s something Miss Cordelia Chase is not.”

“She ain’t got nothin’ on you Ahn,” Faith smirked before grinding her ass against Anya, “But nothing gets a guy’s attention like girls grinding on each other.”

“Slut,” Anya stated before looking at Buffy and Willow, “But she’s right so come on now!”

Buffy rolled her eyes before joining in, Willow following after a minute of debate.

What the hell right?

******

“Oh my god,” Harmony said in disgust as they stepped onto the dance floor. In the middle was Faith Evans, Anya Jenkins, that one Willow chick and her whore of a stepsister practically have one big lesbian orgy with guys surrounding them, “Who the hell does she think she is?!”

Spike of course was to busy imagining it was him that Buffy was rubbing up against to reply. Harmony noticed him staring and pinched him on the arm, her nails digging into his skin to the point where she almost broke the skin.

“Bloody hell! What?!” he jerked his arm away from her before rubbing the spot.

“You were staring at her!” she accused

“I was not!” he denied. Okay so he was and he got caught but that didn’t mean he had to admit to it.

Harmony let out a huffy before latching onto his arm once more, “Just shut up and dance with me and don’t look at her!”

Spike sighed before letting her drag him again once again.

******

Everything had been peaceful for a while, everyone at Sunnydale co-existing. It didn’t last long.

Buffy was sweaty and slightly out of breath but she kept on dancing. Dancing was another way for her to just express herself like painting but in a different. With dancing she could just let go. Once she started it was almost like she couldn’t stop. She just got caught up in the moment and nothing else mattered.

She stopped for a second when she felt a hand rest on her hip. She started to turn, totally ready to tell the dude to fuck off but stopped when she saw it was Spike and he was smirking at her.

“Well hello,” Buffy smiled, “Can I help you with something?”

You have no idea, Spike thought as they started to dance together, close yet barely touching.

Harmony had gone to the bathroom and he’d spotted her dancing and he’d decided to go over to her. At the time he never thought about Harmony coming back from the bathroom and not liking the sight that was going to greet her.

“Well luv, you were over here dancin’ all by yourself and decided to pop in and say hello,” he replied with a smirk.

Buffy turned in his arms and grinded her ass into him, “Well I’m ever so glad you did.”

“What the fuck is going on here!” Harmony’s shrill shriek had brought both of them out of their almost trance like state.

“Harm…” Spike started but it was too late.

Harmony’s drink went flying into Buffy’s face and all over her dress.

Buffy stood frozen for a second before she pursed her lips and nodded her head slowly. She looked like she was going to turn and walk away but instead Buffy’s fist balled up and made it’s way to Harmony’s face.

Damn that hurt like hell but it felt so good!

Faith was at Buffy’s side in an instant as another blonde girl named Melissa Boer came to Harmony’s.

“You bitch!” Harmony yelled, clutching her nose, “Wait till daddy hears about this!”

“Yeah!” Melissa interjected.

Faith scowled at her, “You wanna go?”

“Yeah bitch,” Melissa replied in a tough voice. Buffy couldn’t help but feel like they were in some bad teen movie.

Faith nodded her head and shrugged before she took her swing at the girl…only to hit the bouncer that had come over at the commotion. Oops?

“Faith!” Willow exclaimed as her and Anya finally appeared.

“You girls come with me now,” the bouncer barked at the four girls, his nose looking slightly swollen.

Buffy gulped hard. Oh shit.

******

an hour later

Buffy, Faith, Willow and Anya all sat in the jail just waiting for their parents to arrive. Willow was in the corner hyperventilating, Anya was acting like it was no big deal that they were indeed sitting in a jail cell and Faith was smirking.

Faith turned to look at Buffy before stating, “That was awesome.”

Okay, she’d been able to dance with Spike and punch Harmony. Maybe Faith was right.

Buffy couldn’t help but smile just a little, “That it was, that it was.”

******
there’s a saying I live by, good friends will bail you out of jail but best friends will be sitting next to you saying ‘that was awesome’ and I think that it’s so totally true!
Not That Kind of Girl by PsychoPromQueen7
Buffy had seen her mother mad before but nothing quite like this. Joyce Summers was absolutely livid.

“Buffy Ann Summers, I’m sorry is not going to cut it this time!” her mother ranted, “You were arrested for gods sake! You hit your sister and you…”

“She is not my sister,” Buffy’s chin snapped up and she looked at her mother head on for the first time that night, “Dawn is my sister but Harmony isn't. She will never be my sister mother. You can go and play happy house but I want no part of it!”

Joyce paused, her eyes softening slightly before she asked, “Why won't you give it a chance Buffy?”

“Because there is nothing to give a chance,” Buffy looked away, tears starting to form. She’d been replaced. It was too late.

“Fine,” her mother shook her head, “If you don’t want to be part of this family then I want the keys to the car back, I want the credit cards back too. Go get a job and don’t you dare let your grades fall do you hear me?”

Buffy couldn’t look her mother. She’d see the tears, “I hear you.” And with that, she stood and headed silently up to her room.

She’d pleaded her case with her mother earlier but the elder woman had sided with Harmony instantly. Apparently it was fine for Harmony to throw a drink in her face and that she just should have taken it.

It didn’t work like that for Buffy. Her father had always told her, when hit, hit back twice as hard. It had always worked for her before but not now. Not now that she had to pretend like she was destined for the suburbs. That wasn’t her though. Buffy Summers was going to be something great and she had no problem letting people know it. Anybody who dared to disagree, she’d work her hardest to prove them wrong. Hank and Harmony Kendal were just holding her down and now so was her mother.

Well fuck that.

Buffy bounced down onto her bed, taking her large art-filled sketchbook/scrapbook/diary with her.

“Buffy?” Dawn asked quietly, knocking lightly on her cracked door before entering.

“Hmm?” Buffy replied, already knowing that Dawn was going to want every detail of the night.

“Did you really punch Harmony?” she asked bluntly.

Buffy held up her slightly swollen hand in response, “Yes.”

“Will you do it again so I can watch?”

Buffy couldn’t help but laugh at that, “Ask mom not me. I’m always game.”

Dawn laughed before bouncing down on Buffy’s bed, “So what was jail like?”

“I dunno,” Buffy shrugged, “Was only in there for a half hour.”

“Yeah,” Dawn nodded, “But still! You were in jail! That is so awesome! I wanna be arrested!”

Buffy turned and smiled at Dawn, “Not until you're at least sixteen.”

Dawn rolled her eyes, “You're no fun.”

“And you're still not allowed to get arrested still your at least sixteen.”

“So what are you drawing?” Dawn tried to peak over her sisters shoulder.

Buffy smirked, “The look on Harmony’s face after I smacked her.”

Oh yeah, she was just so sorry for doing it…

******

Job, okay I can so get a job! Those were the thoughts running through her head at the beginning of her job hunt. Now, it was one o’clock, a whole five hours since she’d started and all she wanted to do was fall over and die.

She was tired, hunger and her feet hurt really badly. Not to mention that she’d had to rediscover the evil that was the public bus.

As she walked down the street, feeling quite discouraged, she spotted a vintage looking diner, Milly’s. She couldn’t help but smile just a little at the name.

Well, this was her last shot, she decided as she dashed across the street, not really caring about j-walking. If a place like Milly’s could turn her down, there was no way anyone was going to hire her, short of the Double Meat Palace. Buffy shuddered at the thought. Thanks, but no thanks.

As she entered the small little diner, a warm feeling spread through her. The environment was friendly and welcoming. That was a good sign.

She wandered up to the counter, taking a seat next to two older men drinking coffee, eating pie and talking about chess.

Ahh, to be old, Buffy thought with a smile.

In contrast there was also a group of college kids sitting at a booth and fooling around and acting like little kids.

An older woman in about her late sixties came up to her with a warm smile and handed her a menu, “Hey honey, what can I start you off with to drink today?”

Buffy paused, biting her bottom lip and flipped open the menu before replying, “A coke and job maybe?”

The older, yet still remarkably beautiful woman paused and then smiled, “Well sug, do you have any witnessing experience?”

A yes, which was a complete lie started to form on her lips before she blurted out, “None at all.”

The woman looked her over before confessing, “That’s how I started off too. Course, I told my manager that I had.”

Buffy couldn’t help but laugh at that, “Yeah well honesty is the best policy I guess.”

“You know what darling?” the woman, “I’ll give you a shot.”

Buffy lit up, “Oh my god thank you so much! You don’t know how much this means to me!”

She smiled and waved a dismissive hand, “Think nothin’ of it. Name’s Milly by the way.”

Buffy smiled. Milly. “Nice to meet you Milly, I’m Buffy.”

“Well Buffy,” Milly matcher her smile, “Can you start now?

“Yes ma’am,” Buffy replied, standing up.

See, she could get a job!

******

“So let me get this straight,” Xander Harris smiled, pointing a finger at Spike, “Harmony and her stepsister got into a fight over…you?”

Spike glared at him, “Shut up Whelp.”

“So it is true!” Xander laughed, “Man Harm’s stepsister is a hottie. I’d go after that if I weren’t saving myself for Cordelia.”

“Would you just shut up?” Spike growled at his friend

“What I don’t get is why you just don’t dump Harmony’s ass. I hate her, Oz hates her, you hate her…”

“If I dump the stupid bint will you shut up?” Spike sighed. It’s not like that he didn’t want to break up with her, hell he needed to do it before she drove him insane. Then again, being with her got him closer to Buffy. A small smirked crossed his lips. They’d even fought over him.

“Yes,” Xander nodded eagerly, “And I wanna watch. It should be some good entertainment.” Xander paused before saying, “But first, I’m starved. I say we go eat and then we find Harmony and break her heart, assuming she has one…”

All Xander got in response was a loud sigh.

******

In the short time Buffy had been working at Milly’s she’d dropped three plates, screwed up four orders and just generally fucked everything up. She was going to get fired by the end of the day, there was no doubt in her mind.

Milly watched Buffy and couldn’t help but smile. The blonde girl had walked into her diner earlier that day and she’d seen herself fifty years ago. By the time the first plate was dropped it had been confirmed. The girl was going to stay.

The bell on the door dinged as it opened. Milly looked up and smiled when she saw two of her regular boys come in, “Hiya boys. Let me guess, two double bacon cheeseburgers, one with fries, one with onion rings and two triple thick shakes, both chocolate.”

Xander stared at her with a smile before saying, “Where have you been all of my life?”

“Milly!” came Buffy’s whine, “Don’t do that! I can hardly get an order right and you know some peoples by heart! You're upstaging me here!”

Milly could only smile, “Sorry darling, I’ll try not to.”

“Thank you,” Buffy smiled before looking at Xander and Spike and stopping. Her eyes narrowed at Spike before she pointed and accusing finger and exclaiming, “You got me arrested last night you bastard!”

“I…” Spike started but was cut off again, “Not only did you get my arrested but you got my shiny new car and credit cards taken away! Just like poof! Poof I tell ya! Poof!”

Milly laid a comforting hand on Buffy’s arm, “I’ll take this one sweetie. I’m afraid you’ll pour hot coffee or something of that sort in his lap.”

“Well his crazy ho girlfriend threw a coke in my face last night so I could always return the favor,” Buffy replied.

Milly just laughed and gave her a little push towards the counter, “Get those men some more coffee Buffy.”

“Fine,” she grumbled under her breath, “I’ll just kill him after work…”

“I heard that,”

“Sorry.”

******

“Buffy?” Spike had been waiting for her to get off of work.

“Spike,” she replied coldly.

“So I got you arrested huh?” he asked awkwardly.

She turned and glared at him, “Yes, yes you did.”

“Sorry?” he couldn’t help but laugh, “Bloody hell this is awkward.”

She glared at him, “Ya think? Did you not get the memo that I hate you?”

There was a pause before he asked, “Do you want to go out sometime?”

Buffy stared at him for a moment before asking, “Are you serious?”

“Well…” he trailed off slightly, “Honestly, I like you a lot luv. Just give me a chance.”

Buffy laughed and shook her head, “Okay Spike, no matter how much I hate the bitch that is my stepsister, no girl deserves to be cheated on okay? I know from experience, it’s not fun. And another thing, I like I would stoop so low to be the other woman? Please. I’m so much better than that, than all of this. Go find Harmony, make out or something, I don’t care. Just get out of my face.”

And with that Buffy walked away, still shaking her head.

******
like it? Hope so…
The Legend of Milly May McCormick by PsychoPromQueen7
“Buffy where have you been all day?” her mother demanded the second she came through the front door.

Buffy blinked at her mother before replying, “I got a job.”

“You got a job?” her mother asked, slightly stunned.

Buffy nodded, “I got a job.”

“Well where?” her mother’s hands were now on her hips.

“Milly’s Diner, I thought I was gonna get fired but Milly likes me to much,” Buffy replied with a shrug, starting upstairs.

“Well, you must be hungry,” Joyce sighed, “Come eat dinner.”

“I already ate,” Buffy replied, not even bothering to look back at her mother. If her mother was going to side with Harmony on everything then Harmony could be her daughter. She’d always have her dad.

“Are you s…” Joyce never got to finish her question, Buffy had already disappeared up the stairs and down the hall.

******

Buffy threw the dish towel in her hand down on the counter and let out a long tired sigh and closed her eyes.

“Long day baby?” Milly asked, sitting down at the counter next to where Buffy was leaning..

Buffy opened her eyes and smiled, “Do you ever go home?”

Milly smiled back, “No.” She then looked around the empty diner and then back to Buffy, “If you wanna go it’s fine sug. This place is practically empty.”

Buffy shook her head and rested her elbows on the counter, “I don’t want to go home just yet.” She paused before going on, “So I’ve worked here for a little over a week now and I’ve yet to figure out. What is the legend of Ms. Milly May McCormick?”

Milly smiled, “No legend here honey. I’m just Milly. I don’t got no story.”

“And for some reason I doubt that majorly,” Buffy replied, “Come on, your secrets will be safe with me, I promise.”

Milly sighed before saying, “Well then Buffy, get comfortable cause’ this is quite a long story.”

Buffy adjusted herself in her seat and leaned in as Milly started to tell her tale…

Mildred May Addison stood mesmerized as she stared at the movie set in front of her. She had landed her first movie roll that she hoped would launch her from starlet to star. The year was 1953 and she was eighteen years old. She was ready to be something. All she’d ever wanted was to be something. Not a little farm girl from South Carolina but a somebody, a star. She wanted her name in lights and she’d have them. She was sure of it.

“Miss?” Milly turned around to see the most handsome boy she’d ever seen in her life standing there, watching her carefully, “Miss?”

Milly shook her head, her beautiful, thick golden curls shaking with it, “I’m sorry. Yes?”

“I’m Charlie McCormick, the writer of the movie,” he introduced himself, “Are you Mildred Addison?”

Milly nodded, a small smile tugging the corners of her mouth, “Call my Milly please and yes I am.” She paused before asking, “You really wrote all those beautiful words?”

He nodded, rubbing the back of his head with a slightly embarrassed look running across him face, “Yeah. I’ve always been good with words and all.” He looked up at her and smiled, “I heard that you're a real good actress. Peter says you're gonna be a star after this.”

A slow blush spread across Milly’s cheeks, “Well thank you ever so much Charlie. I really do hope so? You ain’t just saying that are you?”

Charlie shook his head, “No, I think you're gonna be a big star Milly May Addison.”

Milly looked up shyly to see him staring down at her intently. Their eyes locked and just like that, it was love.


“Aww!” Buffy exclaimed, a sappy smile on her lips, “That’s so romantic! You were just a beautiful little starlet and he was a young up and coming screen play writer that experience love at first sight right on set!”

Buffy could have sworn Milly blushed at this, “Well now, I wouldn’t call it love at first sight now…”

“Then do tell me Mills, when did you fall for Charlie?” Buffy raised an inquiring eyebrow.

“Well ok, maybe it was love at first sight…”

And with that Milly started to tell her tale again.

”Will you be mine Milly May?” Charlie panted out between kisses.

They where in the backseat of Charlie’s new 1952 red T-Bird and Milly was in total bliss.

“Wha?” she asked, a slightly delirious edge to her voice.

Charlie pulled away and looked into her eyes, “I asked you if you’d be mine.”

Milly’s eyes grew wide for a second before she looked away, “I thought I already was. You don’t mean…” she trailed off for a second before shaking her head and saying, “cause’ Charlie, I’m not ready for that…”

“Marry me.”


“Ohmygod!” Buffy gushed, her eyes wide and sparkling, “He just asked you to marry him after only a week for knowing you?”

Milly nodded with a small wistful smile, “Yes he did. Now will you quite interruptin’?”

“Sorry,” Buffy replied before smiling, “So, what’d ya say?”

”Are you serious Charlie McCormick cause’ you do not ask a girl to marry you and not mean it do you hear me!” Milly exclaimed, still disbelieving.

Charlie grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze, “I’m dead serious Milly…I love you.”

An uneasy silence settled in the car before Milly laughed, “Then of course I’ll marry you! I love you too!”

“Then lets go!” he insisted, “Lets go get hitched right now!”

“Right now?” Milly questioned, “Charlie I think that you really have gone insane! We can't get married right now!”

“Why not?” he shook his head, “I don’t wanna wait another second Mills. I want you as my wife now.”

“Okay then, let’s go get ourselves hitched!”


“So then what happened?” Buffy asked anxiously, “Come on Mills don’t leave my hanging!”

“Well then,” Milly shook her head, “We got married. That day was one of the best days of my life darling. I miss my Charlie so much.”

The sad, longing look that flashed across Milly’s features for just a moment didn’t go unnoticed but Buffy decided not to say anything.

“Know now sug, this story doesn’t have a Hollywood ending,” Milly warned her, “I wish it did but things just don’t work like that in the real world. I guess me and Charlie were to caught up in the moment, the warm glowing rapture of love and LA magic but then the magic ended and I was left with the harsh light of real life.”

Milly May Addison. No, scratch that, she was Milly May McCormick, Mrs. Charles McCormick. Oh she loved the sound of that just so much!

They’d gone to a small little chapel on the outskirts of LA and took their vows. Now they were forever. For once in her life she was just so overwhelmed with love and she wouldn’t have had it any other way.

Charlie burst out of the chapel doors, laughing and pulling Milly with him.

“We did it Mrs. McCormick! We’re married!”

“Yes we are Mr. McCormick. God I love you!”

He went around and opened the car door for Milly, helping in his bride before jogging around to the other side of the car. He slid in, turned on the ignition and they were off into the sunset to live happily ever after…

“Charlie!” Milly’s scream and a blinding white light was the last thing he saw before Charles McCormick was killed in a car crash on the night of his wedding.


Buffy had tears in her eyes as Milly finished her story, “I’m sorry. That is so unbelievably unfair. He died on your wedding night.”

Milly looked down at the counter, “I don’t regret marrying Charlie. I never will. Just like how I will never love another man. I lived a happy life Buffy, I really did. It was hard at first but I made it. I gave up my role in the movie, moved to Sunnydale and got a job here, way back when, when this place was just The Diner and I was just a waitress like you.” She paused before pulling out an old, slightly crumpled photo from her apron pocket and handed it to Buffy.

Buffy stared down at the photo with a small smile. It was a picture of Milly and Charlie and they looked so in love it could have warmed the even the coldest heart by just looking at it.

She couldn’t help but notice that Milly had the same golden hair and slightly upturned nose as herself. She looked up at Milly and smiled, “So you hired me because I reminded you of yourself way back when didn’t you?”

“You caught me sweetie,” Milly smiled back. Milly looked around the empty diner and nodded towards the door, “Go home Buffy. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

“Thanks Mills,” Buffy nodded. She paused, still holding the photo, “Can I borrow this for a little while? I promise I’ll give it back.”

Milly nodded, “Keep it as long as you need darling.”

Buffy smiled brightly before grabbing her back and nodding as she started to exit the diner, “Thanks!”

She planned to start to sketch the second she got home.

******

“Harmony,” Spike started slowly, looking at his soon to be ex-girlfriend. The thought brought a feeling of relief to him. The sooner he was rid of her, the better.

“Spike let me go first,” she cut him off, “There’s something I really need to tell you.”

Bloody hell, Spike thought, she was going to drag this on, “What is it Harm?”

“I’m pregnant.”

******
Oh, bad place to stop? Oh well. *shrugs and walks off*
Then What Do You Want? by PsychoPromQueen7
tehe, yeah, yeah, I’m evil I know but so what. Anyways, thanks so much for the reviews! I so totally love you all! Buffy listens to one of my all time favorite songs in the chapter so if ya can, I recommend that you download Tegan and Sara’s ‘Walking with a Ghost’. Actually anything by Tegan and Sara is my favorite but still. Okay well on with that chapter now…
******

“I’m pregnant.”

Spike almost chocked on his tongue when the words left her mouth.

Pregnant?

No, no she couldn’t be pregnant.

Pregnant Harmony was bad! Really fucking bad!

“Bloody hell!”

“Spikey,” Harmony laid a hand on his arm and he had to force himself not to wrench away, “This isn't so bad. I mean we were going to start a family after I was a rich and famous actress. So what if we’re starting a little teensy weensy bit early?”

Who cared?

He fucking cared is who!

“Are, are you sure?” he asked, praying to god that this was just a sick little joke or a dream. The urge to pinch himself was almost unbearable.

She nodded before she flung herself into his arms, “I’m sure. We’re gonna have a baby!”

Spike held her stiffly, just hoping to wake up from this nightmare.

To bad that it wasn’t a nightmare.

******

“I was walking with a ghost,” Buffy sang along softly to Tegan and Sara’s ‘Walking with a Ghost’, “I said please, please don’t insist. I was walking with a ghost…”

She was lying at the end of her bed, her head hanging off the edge looking up at the picture of Milly and Charlie. Her sketch book lay forgotten at her side.

They were simply beautiful together. All smiles and love. Charlie and Milly had been made for each other, there was no doubt but Milly had had him taken away from her so unfairly. Doomed to spend her life without her true love. Yet she’d loved none the less and that has to be better than to never love at all.

She’d thought she’d been in love with Angel. She really had but it hadn't been real love. It was the classic tale of the young girl head over heels with the older, gorgeous, brooding man. She’d followed him around like a little puppy until he’d finally noticed her. Things after that had only gone downhill.

Geesh, had she been pathetic enough?

She rolled over onto her stomach and grabbed her sketch book, flipping it open to a clean page before grabbing her pencil.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes as the lead hit the paper. She made one sharp, clean stroke on the paper, her eyes still closed and before she knew it she was drawing. What was she drawing? She’d find out when she was done.

******

Why Harmony had to tell her father tonight, the day after he’d found out was beyond him. He didn’t want to know she was pregnant himself. He was pretty sure that Patrick didn’t want to either. Tonight, it was going to be casual dinner conversation.

“Buffy!” Joyce bellowed up the stairs, “Come downstairs for dinner!”

“I’m not hungry!” Spike heard her call back down and couldn’t help but feel thankful.

God, Buffy. Buffy was going to find out.

“Buffy,” Joyce’s voice took on a slightly irritated edge, “You can join us for one dinner! Get down here now!”

There was a pause before angry footsteps started down the hall and then the stairs.

“Why is it so important that I come down anyways?” Buffy sighed, staring at her mother, yet to notice him.

“Because Harmony says she has a big announcement. Aren't you the least bit curious?”

Buffy stopped as though to contemplate it, a mock-thoughtful look on her face. She released her bottom lip from her teeth and shook her head, “Uh no. I think I’ll pass.”

“Buffy…” this time it was a warning.

“Okay fine, whatever,” Buffy sighed, shaking her head again and walking past her mother and Spike, who she’d been ignoring. Let’s see what the bimbo has to say.

Spike stood frozen for a second. She’d walked right past him into the living room with out as much as acknowledging his presence.

******

There was an uneasy silence hovering over the table. The only noise was the clinking of silverware on plates. It was killing Buffy.

“So Spike,” Patrick finally said, “How’s school?”

Spike looked up from his plate in which he’d spent more of the meal staring at, “Uh, fine. Passing everything.”

Patrick nodded, “That’s good. I don’t want my baby with a boy without a head on his shoulders.”

Buffy mentally scoffed. If he had a head on his shoulders or any balls, he wouldn’t have come onto her the other day. Idiot.

“Well,” Joyce set her fork down on the table next to her plate, “What’s this big announcement you kids have?”

Buffy looked at Spike and smirked slightly, “Yes, do tell.”

Spike opened his mouth to start to speak until Harmony delivered a sharp kick to his shin. He had to bit his tongue not to ask the bitch what her bloody problem was.

“I wanna tell!” she exclaimed before smiling widely, “Daddy, Joyce, Buffy,” she had spit out Buffy’s name like it was poison, “Spikey and me are gonna have a baby!”

Joyce stared, Patrick shot up from his seat and Buffy couldn’t help but smirk.

Fuck up their lives much?

She decided to ignore the sickening sinking feeling in her stomach at the news.

******

When Buffy got upstairs, the sinking feeling still there, she reached for the sketch she’d finished before her mother had called her down and stared at her.

She’d drawn Spike.

While thinking about love.

God this was NOT good.

She squeezed her eyes shut, swallowing the salty lump of tears rising in her throat before she angrily ripped it out of her book and tore it in half, throwing the pieces down onto her floor.

She threw herself down onto her bed, still squeezing her eyes shut, refusing to let the tears come. It wasn’t worth it. Or so she was trying to convince herself.

When she opened her eyes to stare at her ceiling, a diamond bright tear trickled down her cheek, off to the side into her fanned out hair.

For once in her life, Buffy didn’t feel like drawing the pain away.

******

Buffy’s head was resting on the table of a booth at Milly’s. She wasn’t even half way through the day and all she wanted was to go home.

“Baby,” Milly slide into the other side of the booth, setting down a coffee pot on the table next to Buffy’s head, “What’s the matter? And don’t you dare say nothin’ cause we both know that’s a lie now don’t we?”

Buffy looked up at Milly with big eyes and said, “I think that I might be falling for my stepsister’s boyfriend in who she’s having a baby with.”

Milly paused, pursing her lips before saying, “Well you got yourself in quite pickle don’t you?”

Buffy stared at Milly with wide eyes before saying, “Ya think!?”

Milly laughed, picking her coffee pot back up, “Go home Buffy.”

“But Mil…”

“No buts. Get your skinny behind home before I have to chase you out of here. Don’t think I won't.”

By the look in Milly’s eyes, Buffy had no doubt that she would indeed literally chase her out of the diner.

Crazy old woman.

“I’m going, I’m going” Buffy sighed, sliding out of the booth and untying her apron, Milly stood also, taking the apron and giving Buffy a little nudge, “Have a good day darling. I’ll see you after school tomorrow.”

“Mkay, I’ll try,” Buffy shrugged before she exited the diner.

She got about half way home when a car pulled up along side of her. Spike’s car. Oh great.

He rolled down the window and smiled at her, “Hey luv.”

Buffy blinked at him a few times before saying, “Don’t call me love. I’m not your love.”

“Buffy…” Spike started but she cut him short, “Just don’t okay?”

She started to walk away again when he called out to her, “You want a ride home?”

Buffy bit her bottom lip. Okay well she didn’t really feel like walking but she didn’t feel like being in a car with him either. She looked down at her feet and then at Spike, “Okay.”

They drove in silence for about a minute before Spike pulled up the curb suddenly and turned to look at her.

“What the hell do you think you're doing!?” Buffy snapped at him, “God, I just wanna go home! I knew I should have walked.”

“Patrick wants Harm and me to get married,” he said suddenly.

Buffy’s eyes widened in anger before she spit out, “Well congratulations Spike. Now just drive me home already.” Unwelcome tears were forming from his announcement and the last thing she needed was for him to notice them.

“I don’t want to get married,” he confessed quietly, “I don’t want the baby and I don’t want to be with Harmony.”

Buffy turned to look at him, her eyes shining with tears, “Then what do you want Spike?”

“You.”

And then he kissed her.
I'm So Convinced by PsychoPromQueen7
Hi there again people. Sorry it took me so long to update but I was suffering major writers block! Thank you all for such a huge response whether or not I should continue! I love you all!

******

Buffy yanked herself away from Spike’s lips, not caring if his hands were still buried in her hair.

She looked at him with wide eyes, slightly panting. They just stared at each other for a moment before reached out her arm and jabbed him sharply in the arm with her finger hard enough to bruise, “What the fuck was that?!” Another poke, “Are you really that much of a son of bitch to kiss me?!” Poke, this time harder. “To kiss me when my stepsister is having your baby!?” Buffy gave him one last extremely sharp poke, “Who you are more than likely going to be marrying?! My god you're an asshole!”

“Buff…” Spike started but she raised her hand to shush him.

“Don’t even Spike,” she shook her head, getting out of the care, “Don’t even try.”

She left him there, slightly stunned and rubbing his sore arm.

Bloody hell she could poke hard.

******

Buffy stood outside of Faith’s house, tears welling in her eyes but she refused to let them fall. She raised her finger to ring the doorbell and winced slightly when she pushed it. One or two hard pokes sure as hell could make your finger hurt.

She waited for a few seconds before the door swung open. Faith looked her friend over once before pulling her into a hug, no questions asked.

Buffy rested her head on Faith’s shoulder and sighed heavily. They stayed that way for a second before Faith pulled away and led her into the house.

“Tell Faith what happened,” Faith urged as they sat down on one of the plush living room couches.

Buffy closed her eyes and fell back into the welcoming cushions, “Spike kissed me.”

Faith nodded and bit her lip before asking, “Like a hey Harmony’s stepsister Buffy peck or a…”

“Full blown, tongue induced, let’s go somewhere and fuck kiss?” Buffy finished, opening her eyes and looking at Faith, “The last option.”

Faith couldn’t help but laugh, “Nicely put B. Couldn’t have said it any better myself.” She paused before smirking, “So was it totally hot?”

“Faith!” Buffy whined, “How hot it was doesn’t matter! It was wrong!”

Faith gave her knowing look, “Are you telling me or asking me?”

“I’m…I’m telling you,” Buffy insisted, her voice not at all convincing, “I can't like him and I sure as hell can't go around making out with him! It makes me a whore!” She gave Faith a pleading look before asking, “Am I a whore?”

The brunette rolled her eyes, “Hardly. You're not a whore Buffy and you know what? I bet the baby isn't even Spike’s. I heard that Harmony spreads her legs for more guys that ten Anya’s put together.”

“You can't just go around accusing…” Buffy started. It was an appealing thought really but it as also unfair.

Faith shrugged before saying, “Believe whatever you want to believe Buffy. I say we call Anya and Willow and stuff ourselves with junk food while drooling over our favorite movie hotties. No school for us tomorrow.”

“Faith, I can't just…”

“Nope, no school for us tomorrow,” Faith school her head stubbornly, “Come on B. You know you want to.”

Well, maybe a little…

******

Saturday was here again. Finally. Saturday was a good day for Buffy. No school, no work, no responsibility. She could just go out with the girls and pretend like she didn’t have a trouble in the world. The keyword of that was ‘pretend’ of course.

Willow grimaced as Faith handed Buffy her drink, Red Bull and vodka, aka liquid cocaine. It was lethal. She’d given up the no drinking thing. She was in the mood to get totally trashed and by god she would.

“Uh hey,” they all looked up at the voice.

Xander Harris stood there is hands in his pockets, his shoulders shrugged and staring right at Anya.

Anya beamed at him, “Hi.”

“Listen, I…uh…I was wondering…” he stuttered, trying to get out the right words. How hard was it Harris?! ‘Let’s dance’, that’s all he’d meant to say and now here he was fumbling over his words like an idiot!

Anya smiled at him seemingly oblivious to what a hard time he was having, “Let’s dance!”

He stopped short before giving her a grateful smile, “Sure.”

With that Anya jumped up from her seat, thrusting her drink at Willow and locked arms with Xander before they headed out to dance.

“Ahh,” Faith smirked as they all watched them dance. The boy had no rhythm but Anya didn’t seem to care, “They’re so cute together.”

Buffy threw back her drink and scowled, “I guess.”

Faith gave her a look, “Someone sounds a little bitter.”

“I’m not bitter because Anya is out there being all happy dancing with a guy she really likes and I’m stuck here trying to get drunk with no boy that I really like okay?!”

Willow and Faith both just stared at her.

“I’m going to get another drink,” Buffy grumbled, “Thank god for this fake I.D…”

Buffy stalked up to the bar, still grumbling to herself. She wasn’t bitter! She was happy for Anya and besides there wasn’t even a guy she really liked anyways! Liar. The bitchy little voice in her head was back.

She leaned up against the bar and ordered her drink all while still losing the battle against the truth telling, bitchy little voice that always seemed to come back and haunt her.

“Buffy right?”

Buffy whipped around at the voice, being pulled out of her thoughts, “Huh?”

In front of her was Riley Finn, one of the idiot jocks that hung around with Harmony. Oh yippee! He chose now to honor her with his presence!

He laughed lightly and gave her a boyish little smile, “You're Buffy Summers right?”

Buffy nodded back, taking her drink from the bartender, “That could be me.” The urge to ask him what the hell he wanted was strong. The urge to tell him to go fuck off was even stronger.

‘Play Nice!’ the bitchy little voice scolded, ‘We can use this to our advantage!’

“Riley Finn,” he introduced himself, “I saw you at the bar all alone and I thought I’d come say hi.”

Buffy forced a sexy little smile across her lips, “I know who you are silly and that was very nice of you.” The way she’d purred out the word ‘very’ almost had her gagging. “Do you wanna dance?”

There was that stupid smile again, Buffy thought as he nodded happily. Someone really should tell him it makes him look like an even bigger idiot than he really is.

She let him take her by the arm and guide her out to the floor. As only her luck would have it, the upbeat song that had been playing ended and a slow song started. Great. She was really starting to wish she hadn't listened to the bitchy little voice.

******

Spike had been watching her since he’d arrived at the Bronze that night but he still hadn't made his presence known. It wasn’t becoming exceedingly hard not to go and rip her out of White Bread’s arms as he watched them dance.

He’d kissed the bloody bitch because he had feelings for her. There he’d finally admitted it. He had rather strong feeling towards her actually and she’d poked him repeatedly while calling him names in response.

Now out of all things, she was out there letting that pounce openly grope her while they danced.

It should have been him doing that goddamnit!

Of course during all of this, Harmony never once entered his mind.

“For the love of god,” a female voice sighed, “Go get your girl before you spontaneously combust from jealously. You sitting her and glaring at them is just pathetic.” It was Buffy’s friend Faith and she had a smirk on her face that rivaled his.

“I’m not pathetic,” he grumbled at her, “If she wants to dance with the wanker she can. I don’t give a damn!”

“I’m so convinced,” Faith said, her voice dripping with sarcasm, “Fine, if you want to just sulk in the background like a complete pansy, you be my guest. Have a good night Spike.” She smirked at him once more before walking away.

He looked back over to the dance floor as the song was ending and stood up.

He’d make Buffy at least listen to him.

******
hey, would anyone be willing to beta for me? I’ll give you cookies…
Please Don't Drive Me Home Tonight by PsychoPromQueen7
The song in this chapter is called Tuesday Morning by Michelle Branch. I’d strongly recommend listening to it while you read the part where it’s used. If you can't, then read the words because it hints heavily at what’s to come…
******

Buffy wasn’t sure if she’d rather smack or thank Spike for dragging away from Riley.

Sure she was thankful for a reason to get away from the idiot but he’d had to pull the macho shit. Guys were truly clueless.

“What do you want Spike?” she snapped with a little more irritation than she really felt.

“What do you mean what do you want Spike?” he snapped back, “What the fuck were you doing dancing with Captain America?”

Buffy blinked at him a few times, her hands still firmly in place before stating, “You're jealous.”

Score for Buffy and the bitchy little voice.

He sighed and raked a hand through his hair, “Will you just bloody well hear me out if I say yes?”

Buffy pretended to think about it for a moment before nodding, “Okay.”

“I’m jealous of you dancing with that pillock.”

Suppressing a smile, she shrugged and repeated, “Okay,” and then started to pretend to walk away.

“Buffy…” he practically growled, grabbing onto her arm.

She turned and was about to jerk away, telling him not to touch her when their eyes locked and she suddenly found herself short of breath. When did they get so blue?

And this folks was the beginning of the end for Buffy Anne Summers.

She kissed him.

******

Spike made her feel like a queen.

He made her feel like she was perfect.

He made her feel warm and loved.

He made her feel like a whore.

It hurt so bad watching them in public acting as though they were in love. More importantly how he acted like he loved her, like he was ready to have a family with her.

Everyone bought it of course.

Sometimes he was so good, she bought it just a little too.

Three months ago she’d become the ‘other woman’. She’d become the one thing after Angel she’d hated most.

No matter what her feelings for Spike were, it was slowly but surely killing her, eating away at her from the inside out. No one knew it but Buffy Summers was a rather good actress. Not once had she ever let it shown.

She knew it had to end soon. Soon he’d be getting married and having a family with his girlfriend, leaving her out in the cold.

Buffy laughed bitterly.

The cold was where she belonged after all of this.

She set the drawing pencil she’d been using and closed her eyes trying her hardest to repress the tears that kept coming back to haunt her time after time.

“Buffy?” Dawn knocked before entering the room. She took one look at her sister before asking gently, “Buffy, what’s wrong?”

Buffy shook her head and wiped away her tears, “Nothing Dawn. What’s up?”

“This came for you in the mail today,” Dawn explained, handing her sister a large creamy white envelope. Buffy’s heart skipped a beat when she noticed the seal.

Dawn forgotten, she slowly started to open the envelope. She paused, taking a deep breath when it was finally open all the way before she carefully slipped out the contents. She unfolded the letter as though if she went to fast or gripped it a little to tight it might burst into flames right before her eyes.

Chère Mlle Summers, nous sommes heureux de vous informer que vous avez été
accepté à L'école des Beaux Arts


Roughly translated it read, Dear Miss Summers, we are happy to inform you that you were accepted at the School of Beautiful Arts.

******

I remember stormy weather
The way the sky looks when it's cold
And you were with me
Content with walking
So unaware of the world


“Hey pet,” Spike greeted her softly as she got into his car. He reached over and took Buffy, the girl that had completely stolen his heart without even trying, into his arms.

“Hey,” Buffy greeted, resting her head on his shoulder with a soft sigh.

It was cold and rainy outside and all either one of them wanted was to get lost in the moment, to get lost in each other.

“Let’s get out of here,” he whispered into her hair.

“Okay,” she whispered back, “Please don’t drive me home tonight Spike. I don’t want to be alone.”

He pulled away and gave her a concerned look, “Are you okay pet?”

Buffy nodded, swallowing a salty lump of tears, “Of course I am. I’m with you aren't I?”

He seemed to buy it because he smirked at her before giving her a quick peck on the lips and started up the ignition.

They drove away with him completely oblivious to everything.

Please don't drive me home tonight
'Cause I don’t wanna feel alone
Please don't drive me home tonight
'Cause I don't wanna go
Tuesday morning
In the dark
I was finding out
Who you are


The second they were in the motel room, they were ripping at each other’s clothes.

Buffy pulled away from Spike’s lips panting, “Can we take it slow tonight Spike? Just love me?”

“Anything for you luv,” he murmured, nuzzling into her neck and breathing in her scent. He started to lick and suck at her neck, still muttering sweet nothings into her neck, promising her his heart, promising her the world.

Buffy had to fight back the urge to cry.

All of the emotional pain she was feeling was soon forgotten as Spike removed her bra and started to give her breast the same attention as he had just given her neck.

How was she supposed to give him up?

Was school really worth leaving him?

Yes.

She had to be strong for once in her life.

If she left for Paris or not, they would never had a happy ending.

She wanted that Hollywood ending so bad it hurt.

I took your picture
While you were sleeping
And then I paced around the room
If I had known then
That these things happen
Would they have happened with you?


He made love to her so sweetly, so gently that it almost made her forget everything. For just a moment nothing else mattered in the world but them. No one existed but them. Why couldn’t it just stay that way? Why couldn’t she always have Spike making her feel wonderfully, deliciously alive?

“Oh god,” Spike moaned out, keeping his slow, steady pace, “I love you Buffy. I love you so bloody much.”

The tears, the tears that were nothing new lately came back with a vengeance, “I love you to Spike. I’ll always love you.”

Spike sought out his girl’s lips. He’d finally told her. He loved her and she loved him back. At that moment life was perfect. There was no Harmony or no baby. Times like these were to perfect. She made them perfect.

Buffy could feel her orgasm approaching. She knew he was close to coming also because he was started to speed up, his strokes becoming slightly harder.

She dug her fingernails into his back, clinging onto him for dear life.

She wasn’t ready to let go quite yet.

To soon for Buffy, she came with a soft cry of his name and he followed shortly.

“I really do love you Buffy,” he whispered, wrapping his arms around her small body.

The sense of lost almost overwhelmed her as he pulled out of her. She snuggled her body into his and sighed out, “I know Spike. I really love you to.”

Yet she had to let go.

Please don't drive me home tonight
'Cause I don’t wanna feel alone
Please don't drive me home tonight
'Cause I don't wanna go
Tuesday morning
In the dark
I was finding out
Who I was


Buffy was sitting in the chair across from the bed hotel room bed watching Spike sleep. She pulled out her sketch book out of her bag that she’d found somewhere near the door.

He was truly beautiful.

Needing something to take with her, something to hold on to she started to draw. Her barely ever left him. Soon enough she had Spike looking like an angel, her angel, on paper. It was almost to much to take.

She looked out the window to see that the rain had cleared up and the sun was starting to come up.

She had to get out of here soon.

And if you turned around to see me and I was gone
You should have looked outside your window
'Cause the sun was coming up
The sun was coming up


Buffy carefully laid a folded piece of paper down on the pillow next to Spike and gave him a lingering butterfly kiss on his lips.

The last kiss they would ever share.

Needless to say, Buffy Anne Summers left that hotel with tears running down her cheeks, following a very familiar path.

Please don't drive me home tonight
'Cause I don’t wanna feel alone
Tuesday morning
In the dark
We were finding out
Who we are
Tuesday morning
In the dark
We were finding out
Who we are
Who we are
Who we are
Who we are


******

Buffy knew Milly was up at the crack of Dawn. She was the one person she had to say goodbye to. She could never just leave Milly.

She approached the quaint little house with the sweetest blue shutters and white picket fence and rang the doorbell.

About an minute passed before the door opened and a fully dressed Milly stood there. She gave Buffy a warm smile and asked, “Suga? What are you doing here at this time of the morning?”

Buffy gave her a sad smile, “I’m leaving for Paris. I stopped by here to say goodbye before I head to the airport.”

Milly’s smile matched hers now as she pulled Buffy into her arms “You got into art school darling? I’m so proud of you. You're living out your dreams baby.”

Buffy nodded against Milly’s shoulder, “I’m leaving it all behind. All the good and the bad. I’m starting new.” Buffy raised her head and smiled, “I want my Hollywood ending.”

“And I want you to have that Hollywood Ending baby,” Milly was in tears now, “You go and you get the Hollywood ending for me but most importantly for yourself.”

Buffy pulled away and nodded sadly, “I will Milly, I will.”

“Oh,” Buffy suddenly remember the second reason why she’d come to see Milly. She pulled out her sketch book from one of the suitcase Dawn had set out for her, that she’d stuck it in when she’d come to pick it. She flipped it open and started to go through the pages until she found what she wanted. She pulled out the watercolor she’d done and handed it to Milly.

It was identical to the photo of her and Charlie she’d given Buffy months ago.

Milly looked up at Buffy with happy tears in her eyes and whispered, “Thank you.”

Buffy smiled, “I thought you deserved your Hollywood ending too. We all do.”

******

Everything looks so small from the window of a plane, Buffy thought.

She was on her way to Paris now.

She was on her way to start her new life.

Without Spike.

THE END













KIDDING! No that’s not the end! *Laughs evilly* Just wanted to give you all a little scare…
Larmes À Pleurer: Tears To Be Cried by PsychoPromQueen7
hi everyone, would have updated sooner but I was going through a faze where I was all ‘oh, Buffy’s gone to Paris. What now?’ but I got it all figured out now! Oh yeah, there’s a little bit of French in this chapter. I don’t speak French and I’m using a translator for all of this so all of you who can speak French, please be lenient with me! And finally, I know you all want me to just shut up but I have one more thing to say, thank you so much to my wonderful beta!
******

Spike rolled over in the bed with every intention of bringing Buffy with him. The other side of the bed was not only empty but cold. He sat up on his elbows, a look of confusion marring his face. She was no where in the room.

He then noticed the slightly crumpled piece of paper laying the pillow next to his. It was a foreboding little piece of paper.

He hesitantly reached over and grabbed it. When he read the first line his heart sunk.

I want you to know that I will always love you Spike which is one of the reason that I have to leave you.

“Buffy,” he muttered sadly before he read on.

I was accepted into art school in Paris. I know school doesn’t start for three months but you didn’t really expect me to stick around for the wedding did you? I’ve always wanted to spend the summer in Paris anyways. Of course I’d imagined it being with someone I love.

Spike couldn’t help but feel proud. His girl had done it. Of course this was soon followed by a sharp pang of sadness.

I wish I could tell you that my leaving had nothing to do with you, that this was solely for me but we both know that that would be a lie. I guess that I just want to take a step forward in life for once instead of two steps back. Maybe some day I’ll look back at all of this and finally see that this was for the better and I was saving us both. Right now all I can feel is heartbroken.

His heart clenched a little tighter at every word he read. The letter was coming to an end.

I know this sounds selfish of me but could you wait just a little while to get over me? I’m not asking for forever, just a few tears okay? I don’t want to be forgotten Spike because I know I can't forget you. I love you but I have to say goodbye.

She was really gone…

******

“Buffy!” Joyce called from downstairs. She was waiting for her daughters usual, ‘I’m up! I’m up! Get off my back!’

Today she got no answer.

“Buffy!” she called again, an edge to her voice this time.

When she got no answer again she sighed and stomped up the stairs. She knocked on Buffy’s door and got no answer. Finally after a few seconds she opened the door to find it empty.

Her heart almost skipped a beat when she saw that her closet was almost completely empty and many of her things were gone.

Turning on her heel, she rushed downstairs to the phone and dialed as number urgently.

“Hello?”

“Hank?! Is Buffy in LA with you?! Have you heard from her at all?!” it came out in a glob of panicked words that Hank could barely understand.

“Joyce,” he started slowly, “Buffy is spending her summer in Paris before she goes to school.” he paused before asking, “How could you have not of known? She was expected to art school over there.”

There was a long pause before Joyce admitted quietly, “She never told me. How could she have not told me Hank?!”

“Because maybe she thought you wouldn’t even care,” Dawn explained, her voice hard.

Joyce turned to look at her youngest, her arms folded across her chest and a venomous look on her face, “I have to go know Hank.” She didn’t even wait for a goodbye before she hung up and snapped at Dawn, “What is that supposed to mean young lady?!”

Dawn shrugged, “Well you’ve been so busy fawning over you precious Harmony and ignoring us that she figured that she could have won a Noble Price and an Oscar all in the same week and you wouldn’t have cared. Why should you have given a crap about her getting into art school right?”

“Dawn that’s not t…”

“Yes it is mom!” Dawn cut her short, “Face it! You’ve been a bad mom to your own real children since we’ve been here! Let me tell you some hard truths mom. Darling little Harmony isn't all that darling! She’s pregnant for god’s sake! I heard her tell her friend on the phone one night that it might not even be Spike’s! What do you think of that mom? Is she still so perfect!?”

Joyce stood, stunned as Dawn ranted on, “Buffy has done nothing but try! She went and she got a job and she started to support herself and now a few people have recognized just how amazing she is, bringing her a little bit of happiness and I won't let you make her come back to this hell hole.” Dawn wiped the tears from her eyes and shook her head, “Go find Harmony and go shopping for the baby then come home and make Patrick a nice home cooked dinner so you all can play happy family. I just wanna go live in LA with dad again.” And with that Dawn stomped up the stairs and slammed her door.

As she watched Dawn go all of the things that she’d set settled in.

Dawn wanting to leave wasn’t what hurt the most.

It was the fact that everything she’d said was true.

******

Buffy stared at the face of the Mona Lisa, enthralled.

The Louvre seemed to have that affect on her. Everything in it was enchanting and magical.

Here she was. She was in Paris, France to spend the summer before she went off to fulfill her dreams of becoming an artist.

Being here surrounded by all of these things made her forget about Spike. Only for a moment of course but that moment was enough for her. All of it was amazing, spectacular, dazzling, breathtaking, exciting, magnificent, splendid, glorious and the list could go on forever. Or should she say stupéfier, spectaculaire, brillant, stupéfiant, exciter, magnifique, splendide and glorieux?

Here in the Louvre with all of the spirits of the artists guarding their masterpieces she was safe from the outside world. No Spike, no Harmony, no Patrick, no Mom. It was just her and everything she aspired to be. It was somewhere she was safe and she never wanted to leave.

******

Buffy was in heaven for sure now. Here she was, lounging on a plush orange couch eating warm chocolate croissants with melted butter and sipping espresso. She’d just treated herself to a luxurious lavender silk camisole from this little custom shop and she’s stopped by The Dollhouse. It was still perfect.

Of course all of this was spoiled when steaming hot coffee was spilled into her lap.

“Oh my god!” a male with a clear American accent exclaimed, “I’m sorry!”

Don’t yell Buffy. Don’t yell Buffy. Don’t yell!

She clenched her teeth and nodded, “It’s…it’s okay.”

“Andrew!” came an angry sounding voice with a thick French accent, "c'est la troisième fois que vous avez renversé mon café sur un client!"

“I’m sorry!” Buffy finally got to look at him. Andrew, the spiller of coffee was a cute geeky little thing.

“I’m sorry!” he exclaimed, “I swear I’ll sacrifice a whole comic book break if you don’t fire me!”

Buffy sighed and said to the manager, “"vraiment monsieur, ce n'est pas une affaire. Veuillez ne pas lui mettre le feu sur mon compte. Je payerai même le café renversé."

The manger sighed back and nodded, “L'ok, le garçon garde son travail alors.”

With that, he turned and walked away shaking his head.

Andrew turned to her and gave her a large thankful smile, “Thank you! You are the best ever! You are the coolest chick in the world other than Carrie Fisher!”

Buffy shrugged, “Ah no prob.”

“No it’s not,” he smiled at her, “I owe you.”

Buffy bit her lip before replying, “Well then on your first day off I’m making you my personal tour-guide slave. I’m new in town.”

See and even though she had to have hot coffee poured onto her, she made a new friend!

******
I used everyone else and I didn’t want to have an original character so I decided to throw Andrew in there for all of you!
Take Me Away by PsychoPromQueen7
okay just a little heads up, before you all stone me to death after reading this chapter, I want to point out that there was ‘angst’ as a genre. I know you all aren't going to like where I’m taking the story with this chapter BUT I will not end a story with out a happy ending! And I don’t mean to let you all down but no, Spike is not going to Paris to find Buffy…
******

“You know,” Buffy turned to Andrew and smiled, “I wish I had been alive in the sixties. I would have been one of Jim Morrison’s groupies.”

They’d just left the Pere-Lachaise Cemetery. Buffy was in Paris and she had to pay her respects to the Lizard King.

Before this they’d gone and seen the Eiffel Tower in which Andrew and her had played around and taken silly pictures of each other next to and on it.

“Oh I can see it already,” Andrew laughed at her, “You’d want to paint pictures of his…”

“Hey!” Buffy cut him off, “So not true! My art is classy I’ll have you know!”

“If you say so Buffy…”

She scowled at him before laughing, “Okay, yeah, I would have wanted to.”

“It must be so exciting,” Andrew sighed happily, “Coming to spend a summer in Paris before you go and take that conventional art school and turn it upside down with your wild American girl ways.” He paused, his eyes wide, “And then you’ll meet a sexy struggling French artist that couldn’t afford to go to art school because his mother was banished from her high social standing when she fell in love with a commoner and you’ll fall deeply in love but then his ex-girlfriend Chantal who wants him back desperately or, or, or you’ll meet a devilishly handsome boy from an old money family and it will be love at first sight but his parents forbid him from seeing you because you are nothing but a ‘filthy American’ but he doesn’t care because he loves you so much it hurts. He’ll write you poems and draw sketches of you stretched out over fine silk sheets with nothing but his grandmother’s necklace that he stole and gave to you as declaration of his undying…”

“Andrew!” Buffy exclaimed, cutting him off, “Enough! It’s not gonna happen!”

He shrugged, “You never know.”

“Yes I know!” Buffy sighed, “I’m not going to fall in love here. I don’t intend to fall in love with anyone for a long time.”

He looked at her for a second before asking, “Oooh, you had your heartbroken in California before you fled here to Paris swearing that if you couldn’t have your love, you’d have your art! And then you meet the devilishly hand…!”

“Andrew!” she cried out, smacking him lightly in the arm, “No devilishly handsome French boys for me okay!?”

He smiled at her, “But I got the first part right didn’t I?”

Buffy looked down at her hands, “Sorta…”

******

A half hour latter, Buffy had Andrew’s eyes misty with tears.

He sniffled, wiping his nose on his sleeve, “And you left with a heart wrenching good bye letter? And the only thing you have to hold to of his is your sketch of him, your love, your soul mate, your alabaster god?”

Buffy shrugged sadly, “I wouldn’t go as far as ‘alabaster god’ Andrew. He’s going to go off and start a family with Harmony and they’re going to get a happily ever after. I guess I have to take it one step at a time.” A small smile lit up her face when she saw the ratty, torn flyer taped to the door of The Dollhouse, “And I think a step in the right direction would be to dance, dance, and dance some more!”

“Buffy I don’t dance,” Andrew warned, “It’s not pretty!”

Buffy smiled at him widely, “To bad! We’re going dancin’!”

******

“Where’s Buffy tonight?” Patrick asked as he took a bite of the roast Joyce had made.

Joyce looked down at her plate before back up at Patrick and saying calmly, “In Paris. She’s spending the summer in France before she starts art school.”

Patrick looked back her stunned, “You can't be serious.”

“I’m completely serious,” Joyce replied, her voice still in a calm, monotone, “I went to get her this morning only to find her room almost empty. I called Hank and he informed me that our daughter was accepted into art school and left the country not even 24 hours ago.”

“Why wouldn’t she tell you? Us?”

Joyce set her fork down, “Well according to Dawn, Buffy assumed that I wouldn’t care because I was to busy fawning over Harmony.”

“That’s ludicrous!” he exclaimed.

She shook her head and sighed miserably, “No it’s not Patrick. It’s completely true. Yes I would have been proud of her but I wouldn’t have made it the big deal it is. My baby got into one of the most exclusive schools in the world and I would have been too worried about the activities at Harmony’s baby-shower!”

“Joyce…” he tried to console her but it was no use.

“You're throwing me a baby shower!” came Harmony’s shrill voice from the dining room doorway, “Oh that’s so sweet…mom!”

The sound of Harmony calling her mom was almost enough to make the tears brewing in her eyes fall and they were not of happiness.

She’d tried so hard to get Harmony to accept her, she’d forgotten all about her own daughters.

It was plain and simple, she was a horrible mother.

Joyce turned to Harmony and forced of smile, “Of course I am dear.”

“Ooh! We’ll have to have a bridal shower for me too!” Harmony went on, a happy smile on her face and her hands on stomach that was starting to show, “I’m getting married to my Blondie Bear and we’ll go on to start our perfect little family! It’s just all so exciting!”

I heard her tell her friend on the phone one night that it might not even be Spike’s!, Dawn’s words echoed in her head.

She forced another smile and nodded, “I know you will.”

“Well,” she smiled, “I’m going to go find my Spiky. You two have a nice romantic dinner to yourselves!”

“Okay honey,” Patrick smiled back at her, “I know you and William are going to be happy together. Have fun.”

“Kay’,” she planned a kiss on his cheek, “Bye daddy!”

And with that, she was out of the dinning room and out the door.

“It’s not your fault Joyce,” Patrick sighed, “You were just trying to be a good stepmom to Harmony and you are. She called you mom if you didn’t notice.”

Joyce looked away and nodded, “I guess so.”

Yes, she’d learned to love Harmony but for some reason with Buffy gone and Dawn leaving, the sound of Harmony calling her mom felt horribly wrong.

******

The sound of the Stereophonics pounded out of the speakers, making Buffy’s body pulsate.

You didn’t need any liquor to feel completely drunk.

Bodies moved against hers but she ignored them. She was so totally lost in the beat.

There was nothing for her to worry about right now. It was just her and Andrew, her new geeky best friend. Why could she have just never met Spike? Everything would be perfect at this moment if she’d just never met goddamn Spike.

“You having fun?” Buffy laughed loudly to Andrew as he did something that resembled the funky chicken.

He smiled at her before exclaiming, “The best time! I thought I’d stay home and watch…”

“Don’t even say it Andrew,” Buffy warned jokingly. She’d heard enough about Star Wars. She was set for a life time.

“I’m gonna go to the bathroom!” he yelled over the music and Buffy nodded, watching him disappear into the crowd.

She started to sway to the music again, getting lost once again. It was a rather nice feeling.

“Buffy?!”

She whipped around and her jaw dropped, “Ohmigod! Angel! What the hell are you doing here!?”

He laughed and started to dance closely to her, “My dad’s here on a business trip, he took me with. I’m here for the whole summer.”

Buffy smiled and turned to him, wrapping her arms sinuously around his neck, “Really now? Me too.” She leaned close and whispered into his ear, “And then some.”

The heat and the low, growling voice of the singer was going to her head. The atmosphere was thick and enthralling.

He placed his hands on her hips and pulled her even closer. She ground herself into his pelvis and whispered breathlessly, “Take me away…”

******
*dodges all sharp objects being thrown at me*
Emotion by PsychoPromQueen7
*sighs* Okay, I’m sorry for the last chapter but really, but I was just using Angel for Buffy to try to convince herself that she didn’t need and love Spike and I had no intention of making it this big Angel/Buffy summer in Paris romance. You’ll see in this chapter why Spike isn't going to Paris to get Buffy. And for the person who said that they might not keep reading because of the last chapter, if you're giving it another chance and this reading it now, I’m sorry! Please don’t stop reading! Karma got me back for this chapter and everything. Now my stupid ass boyfriend wants a mohawk!
******

Buffy hummed happily as she entered her small apartment she was sharing with Andrew. As she threw her purse down onto the coffee table, she couldn’t help but smile at the fine work she’d done in painting the top of it as the first Star War’s movie poster for Andrew’s birthday.

The summer was over and she was in school and everything about it was mind blowing. Now, good wasn’t good enough, great wasn’t great enough. Her work now had to be amazing, awe inspiring if you will.

Okay, so yeah. Her pieces weren’t exactly awe inspiring yet but she was getting there!

One of her professors, Madame Toussaint was especially hard on her. She wanted emotion. Buffy would give her some emotion in her art. Of course then, the old hag would take the piece, look it over once and scoff before announcing to Buffy loudly, “Ce n'est pas émotion! C'est une moquerie d'émotion!” This is not emotion! This is a mockery of emotion!

But she was giving her emotion! Tons and tons of it!

What did she want? One of her sketches of S…him?

Yes, she’d had to resort to call Spike ‘him’ because honestly thoughts of him still hurt to damn much.

Sure, her little ‘relationship’ with Angel had helped some. Then again, it was rather hard calling it a relationship. They’d gotten back together and had lots and lots of unsatisfying sex. At least he bought her pretty things as though trying to buy her love back. Still, there were pretty things involved so it was all good.

“Buffy?” Andrew asked, coming out of his bedroom, “This came for you today. It’s all official looking.” He held out a white envelope with international postage.

Buffy gave him a look before taking the envelope and plopping down onto the couch, ripping it open with little grace.

The world stopped for just a second.

Milly, her Milly, had passed away.

“Buffy?” Andrew asked carefully.

Before he knew what happened, Buffy had jumped up from the couch and had him in a crushing hug, “Oh Andrew! She can’t be dead!”

“Who?! Who’s dead?!”

“Milly,” Buffy sniffed, letting him go and turning away. She had tears in her eyes now, “God, she helped me through everything back in Sunnydale and I just left and maybe if I hadn't left…”

“Buffy, this isn't your fault,” Andrew replied softly.

She turned back to him and asked quietly, “How can she be dead? I know she was getting up there but she was so full of life Andrew.”

It wasn’t fair. For the little time she’d known the woman, she’d learned that she was nothing short of amazing. When she was down, Milly would help her back up. For a while, her friends aside, Milly was all she’d really had. Spike had never really been hers to begin with so he didn’t count.

Milly was supposed to have lived forever. Yes, Buffy knew that in real life people die but there was something in her that just didn’t want to accept it.

Buffy sighed sadly and sat down on the couch before she started to read the letter again.

“Ohmigod,” she looked up at him, tears shining in her eyes and stated, “She left me everything.”

******

Spike wanted to die.

Harmony was going to be giving birth soon and they would be tying the knot.

Bloody hell, he missed Buffy so much it hurt on top of it all. He’d resorted to begging Faith to tell him how she was. The bitch had to tell him the truth too, that she’d met up with her ex-boyfriend and they’d gotten back together.

After that he tried to tell himself that he hated her and that underneath it all, he really loved Harmony. That was a load of shit for sure.

He just wanted her back but he knew that she wasn’t coming back. She was off in Paris going to art school and shagging a poofer named Angel.

He’d gotten accepted into college in Sunnydale but he’d have to give it up soon. He’d have to go find a job to support Harmony and the baby and probably have to drop out of school.

He’d gone a fucked up his life good.

To think, if he’d only dumped Harm on her ass when he’d first intended to…

There was a knock on the door, bring him back from his thoughts.

“Come in!” he called to the person on the other side.

His door opened and his mother entered.

“Hey,” she smiled at him warmly, “I wanted to talk to you.”

He sat up slightly and nodded, “What about?”

“I’ve been avoiding this for six months,” Jenny took a deep breath and looked at him, “Are you aware of the fact that your girlfriend is pregnant and you're getting married?”

He blinked back at her in return.

“You're too young William,” she sighed, shaking her head sadly. She looked at him in the eyes, “And you're not in love with Harmony either.”

He was about to open his mouth and deny but she cut him off again, “Don’t lie to me young man.” She paused before saying, “I knew about Buffy, William. I found a rather personal letter when I was cleaning…”

“And you just read it?!” Spike couldn’t help but feel a twinge of anger. Anything involving Buffy brought on a bitter twinge of anger really.

“Well…yes but I’m not proud of it,” she looked away before looking back and asking, “You really cared for her didn’t you?”

“I loved her,” he shrugged, almost miserably, “Still do but the last I heard, the bloody bitch is in Paris having the time of her life with an ex.”

“I never liked Harmony you know. You're too good for her. I mean look at you. You're going to college and you're going to have to give that all up. She’s ruined your life.” She paused again before saying, “William, I talked to Joyce and well…you do know there’s a chance that the child isn't yours? According to her, Dawn’s eavesdropping finally caught something helpful.”

Spike’s head snapped up, “Bloody hell! Are you serious?”

Jenny smiled slightly before telling him, “I’ll see if I can postpone the wedding. Harmony will give birth and then we’ll get you a DNA test. I won't let her trap you.” Her smile turned teasing, “Like I did to your father.” She gave him a kiss on the cheek and stood, smoothing down her skirt.

Spike watched her go before collapsing back into his bed, his head spinning.

******

“Can I just go back to Sunnydale?!” Buffy asked in a panic, “I mean I just uped and left! Will they take me back? Oh god, what if they all give me the freeze!?” She began pacing, “But I can't not go to Milly’s funeral. I mean, she supported me through the bad times and then left me her entire fortune! I loved her way to much not to go.” Her pacing stopped for a moment when she looked at Andrew, “And I can't believe she sold the diner. What if they turn it into some…”

“Buffy, you're sounding like me,” Andrew told her with a sigh, “You can go back to Sunnydale and if anyone gives you any trouble, you’ll have your fierce and brave Andrew to stand up for you!”

Buffy gave him a tiny smile, “You’ll come back with me?”

He shrugged, “Of course. Can't pass up a chance to see the blood in which my dear Buffy was formed from, your roots.”

“Thank you,” she whispered, hugging him.

Having Andrew coming with her made her feel slightly better but she’d still have to deal with her mother and Patrick and Harmony and….

Him.

******
forgive me?
Guess What? I'm A Millionaire! by PsychoPromQueen7
hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in reading an original fic of mine before I post it at fictionpress so I can get some constructive criticism on it cuz I’m not sure that I’m completely happy with it. Just email me and I’ll send it to u!
******

“Hi mom!”

Buffy shook her head before taking a deep breath and trying again, “Hey mom, who’s it going? You're lookin’ good since the last time I’ve seen you, six months ago before I left for another country without telling you!”

No that was no good either.

“Buffy?” Andrew asked from the other side of the door.

She was in the bathroom of the hotel room they were staying at.

“Yeah?”

“Are you okay?” Andrew’s voice was worried which made Buffy smile. The little geek really did care about her.

“Yeah, I’m coming out now,” she took another deep breath and looked at herself in the mirror for one last time before exiting the bathroom.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to come with you?” he asked with a pout that put her’s to shame.

“Yes. I’ll swing back here and pick you up when I go to my mom’s. I have to go talk to this lawyer about Milly’s will.”

She really didn’t want to do either. They were both going to be rather painful and excruciating but she would just have to deal because they both had to be done.

“Well good luck,” he smiled at her, giving her a small hug.

Buffy nodded, giving him a look as though they were sending her to hang before she was out the door.

******

Buffy bit her lip and tapped her foot nervously as Mr. Lawyer Man (she hadn't bothered to remember his name for the simple fact that he reminded her of a Weasel a little too much) looked over some papers. It’s not that Buffy had anything against lawyers; she just didn’t like this particular one. He kept leering at her legs and that was so not cool.

He looked up from the papers at her, “Mildred never had any children and her spouse is long deceased which I’m sure you’re aware of. Before her death, she sold her diner to one of her long time employees for a rather nice sum of money. On top of that, she left you with all of her life savings.”

Buffy raised an eyebrow, “What are you getting at here?”

He gave her a slight smile, “She left you with everything. A total sum of a little over a million dollars.”

Now Buffy hadn't grown up exactly poor. Her father’s job had had them leading a nice cushy upper middle class life style but she’d never once pictured herself a millionaire. Wow!

She mentally scolded herself at those thoughts. She was supposed to be grieving. Someone who she loved dearly had passed away. She could be thankful but not happy. Though Milly had always just wanted her to be happy…

******

“So guess what Andrew?” Buffy asked conversationally as she entered the hotel room. Andrew was on one of the beds watching Alien Vs. Predator on pay per view.

He didn’t bother to look at her, his eyes still glued to the screen, “I’m a millionaire.”

He still didn’t look at her. He just muttered, “That’s nice.”

Buffy rolled her eyes. Fine, he was so paying for the movie then.

She patiently sat down next to him on the bed and turned her attention to the movie. She loved Andrew but this Sci-Fi shit was weird.

A few seconds pasted before his head snapped up and he look at her with wide eyes, “What?!”

“Shhh,” Buffy put a finger to her mouth and shushed him, “I’m watching the movie…”

“Buffy!” he whined.

She laughed at him and explained, “Well when I said she left me everything, I meant everything. When we get home we are so moving out of that rat trap.”

He nodded in agreement before giving her a big smile, “When are you going to tell your mom?”

She wasn’t fond of his pure evilness either.

******

He’d storm in there, demand her to tell him the truth and be free of this all. That’s what he was going to do. And when she told him that it wasn’t his child, it was going to be the most liberating moment of his life. Then and only then, after he wad rid of Harmony he was going to go to bloody France, get Buffy and take her home even if he had to do it with her kicking and screaming.

“Spike?”

His breath caught in his throat at the voice. He turned around slowly, almost hoping it was a figment of his imagination.

It wasn’t.

The last thing she’d expected to find when she’d arrived at her mother’s was Spike pacing on the porch.

Life was one big cosmic joke, she was sure of it.

As much as she’d like to tell herself that she was over it and he was thing of her past, which she tended to do a lot, it just wasn’t working at the moment.

The need to jump into his arms and kiss him passionately like a scene out of some bad movie or Andrew’s over active imagination was ridiculously strong.

“Uh hi…” Buffy smiled at him awkwardly, “Long time no see.”

Spike felt anger rise in his throat, “Long time no see?! Long time no see?! Bloody fucking hell Buffy! You left me…”

Just then the front door swung open and Joyce stepped out, “I heard yelling and...Buffy.”

“Mom,” Buffy nodded at her. On the outside she looked calm but on the inside her heart was beating rapidly, tears from missing the people in front of her and anger for the very same people rising but she wouldn’t let it show.

“Hi Mrs. Kendal,” Andrew said cheerfully, trying to lighten the obviously heavy mood.

Spike glared at him, forgetting about Joyce for a second, “Who are you?”

God if Buffy had brought back her fucking pounce ex with her…

Andrew just kept smiling, “Andrew.”

Buffy nodded happily, “Yup, this is Andrew, my new bestest friend. It all started when he poured steaming hot espresso into my lap and the rest is history.”

“Well come in,” Joyce nodded towards the door, “We can talk.”

Buffy took a deep breath before entering the house. Every time she entered this house she was sure it wasn’t her home and it was never meant to be. That feeling was especially strong at the moment.

Buffy and Andrew took a seat on the couch, Spike sitting down tensely in the chair in the corner and Joyce sat calmly in the other.

“So…” she started, “What brings you back to Sunnydale?”

Buffy looked down at her hands, sadness flashing in her eyes, “Milly died. I’m back here for the funeral and well I had to talk to her lawyer about her will.”

“I’m sorry Buffy,” Joyce said softly, “I know you two were close.”

Buffy’s head shot up before she said sharply, “No you didn’t.”

“That’s not t…”

Buffy shook her head and laughed bitterly, “No you didn’t! You knew she was my boss and that’s it. You didn’t care enough to ask.”

Joyce looked to Andrew and then Spike, “Could you two please leave us for a moment?”

Both men gladly left the room to leave the two to talk.

They both sat there in a heavy, uneasy silence before Joyce spoke, “I’m sorry.”

Buffy’s head shot up once again, “For what?”

A few beats passed before Joyce replied, “Everything.” She paused before continuing, “I’m so proud of you, you know. You're making all of your dreams come true and I’m so, so, proud of you Buffy.”

Buffy almost couldn’t believe what she was hearing, “You don’t have to apologize. You were trying to be a good step-mom to Harmony. You just ended up skimping on your actual daughters.”

“Why didn’t you tell me you were leaving?” her mom asked, “Did you really think that I wouldn’t care? Did I honestly make you think that?”

“Yeah,” Buffy nodded, laughing sadly, “You did.”

Before she knew that was happening, Buffy was pulled into her mother’s arms and hugged tightly, “I’m so sorry baby. I love you and I’m so proud of you and I never want you to doubt either of those things.”

Buffy nodded against Joyce’s neck, “I missed you mommy.”

Joyce pulled away and smiled, “Tell me all about Paris and school and who is this Andrew exactly?”

Buffy smiled, sitting down on the couch, her mother following and she started to tell her everything that had happened over the past six months.

Her mother had been easier than she’d thought.

Next she had to face Spike and that was a WHOLE different story.
And The Truth Comes Out by PsychoPromQueen7
hi everyone, just wanted to say go read my girl Taryn’s fic ‘Mixtape’. Well read the first but after! And also, I now have a website so go check it out at www.xanga.com/psychopromqueen7 and sign my guest book. Short chapter but the truth comes out and Harmony and Buffy finally face off…
******

The room was exactly the same as the last time she’d seen it.

She took a deep breath before throwing herself down on the bed and letting it out.

Buffy had made amends with her mother but now she had to face Spike.

The door opened and Buffy lifted her head to see who it was.

Speak of the devil…

“Hey,” she said quietly, not looking away.

He stared at her for a second, “Hey luv. Miss me?”

“And you blew up at me for saying ‘long time, no see’…” she muttered, sitting up slightly. She smiled at him sadly, “Yeah Spike, just so you know, I did miss you.”

“Then why did you have to go off and get back to get back together with you wanker ex then?” he snapped at her, his mood changing totally.

Buffy sat up totally, her eyes narrowing, “How the hell do you know about Angel and why the hell should it matter anyways? I’m not the one getting MARRIED!”

“I’m…” he started but Buffy cut him off. She jumped up from the bed and was suddenly in his face.

“You know what Spike? I’m not the one who did anything wrong here!” she glared at him, “If I had told you that I was leaving you would have talked me out of it and maybe for once, I wanted to do something for myself. Me going to art school isn't your decision but you would have looked at me with your stupid eyes and you would have made it for me! And don’t even get me started on how you were cheating on your pregnant fiancée with me! Everyday I was with you, I felt like a whore! I felt dirty and guilty! What did you feel?”

“I…”

“You didn’t feel guilty at all,” Buffy shook her head and laughed bitterly, “I moved on with my life. Maybe you should to.”

She was lying through her teeth when she said she’d moved on. Sure, she’d gotten with Angel for a little while but that had been nothing. She still missed him every fucking day and it was his fault.

“You didn’t move on,” he finally said with a smirk, “I can see it in your eyes Buffy. You still love me just as much as I love you so don’t bloody well deny it.”

How dare he tell her that she hasn’t moved on?! Who the hell did he think he was?! What right did the asshole have to act like everything between them was just peachy fucking keen?!

Buffy let out a scream of frustration and kicked him the shin.

“OWW you bloody stupid bint! What the fuck was that for?!” he snapped, leaning down to rub the offended area.

“You are an asshole!” she yelled at him, “I hate you, you know that?! You fucked my life up! I wish I’d never had to come here to Sunnyhell and I wish I’d never met you! Maybe I’d be happy!”

Buffy started to stomp out of the room, her chest heaving in anger before something inside of her snapped and she whipped back around before pulling him into a heated kiss.

They both fell back onto the bare mattress, kissing as though trying to make up for lost time.

Spike started to pull at Buffy’s shirt and Buffy unzipped his jeans when it happened...

“BLONDIE BEAR WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!”


******

Buffy had decided after getting called a whore several times by Harmony and even Patrick himself, it would be better if she got out of the house.

Her mother wasn’t mad at her. Surprised and a little upset but she’d seen the understanding in her eyes when the truth had finally come out.

So now here she was wandering the streets of Sunnydale, lost and not in the sense of direction and she had no Milly to turn to.

That’s were she’d go. She’d go to the diner, sit in her booth and everything would be perfectly fine, if just for a moment. That’s the way it had been before.

What she’d seen when she’d reached the diner was almost enough to bring tears to her eyes.

Where Milly’s Diner had once stood, was now a construction site. Milly’s had been completely torn down.

It felt as though now, she had no where to go.

With a sad sigh, she turned and headed back towards the Espresso Pump.

******

“You were going to screw my nasty ho stepsister!” Harmony accused, pointing a finger at Spike, “How could you when I’m having your child?!”

They were both sitting in the living room across from each other.

“Harm…”

“No! Don’t deny it! You so were!” she shook her head angrily.

“Harm…”

“I thought you loved me Spikey,” she whimpered, sticking out her bottom lip and folding her arms across her chest.

Yes, he felt bad about this but all he wanted her to do was shut up and listen!

“I mean hello! I’m the mother of your child! Doesn’t that mean any…?”

“Bloody hell Harmony!” Spike sighed, slightly angry, “I’m not fucking stupid. Do you honestly think I don’t know about you screwing around behind my back? I’ve tried to do the right thing, I really have but I can't do this anymore. The baby probably isn't even mine! And you know what else? I’m in love with Buffy!”

Harmony’s eyes were wide and her mouth opened and closed before she let out a screech and stomped out of the living room.

******

Buffy peeked her head in the front door looked around cautiously. Seeing no one, she tip toed into the house, not wanting to be seen.

She turned to close the door quietly and when she turned back around…

SMACK.

Buffy stood in shock, her hand on her cheek.

Harmony had just slapped her.

And it had hurt!

“You ruined my life!” Harmony snapped at her.

Buffy’s eyes widened for a second before she shook her head and laughed, “I ruined your life? Try again bitch. You ruined mine!”

Harmony glared, “You took my Blondie Bear away from me.”

“Yeah well maybe if you hadn't been such a shallow whore that would have never happened. Didja ever think of that?”

“You…you…you…” Harmony fumed at a loss of words (surprise, surprise) before reached out and grabbing a chunk of Buffy’s hair and yanking.

“Oww!” Buffy exclaimed before grabbing onto Harmony’s hair.

The two of them stood there pulling hair and calling names like two little girls.

Buffy finally ripped away from Harmony, leaving her with a large chunk of her hair before shaking her head and punching her for the second time.

Despite the fact that her hand was throbbing, it was a damn good feeling!
Crying by PsychoPromQueen7
OMG, last night a group of my friends and I went to go see Maroon 5 and they were totally amazing and Adam was hot as always (we were in the standing room area up front and I wanted to throw my panties at him but my stupid friends wouldn’t let me…)! Woo!
******

She couldn’t cry. She would not let herself cry. Milly would have a fit if she cried. All Milly had ever wanted of her was to be strong and she’s wanted Buffy to be happy. She couldn’t be happy but she sure as hell could be strong. She had to be. God, she could hear her, ‘What are those tears for sugar? I’m not worth no tears so wipe those big ole’ green eyes of yours and give me that smile’. She couldn’t smile though. At the moment it felt like she would never smile again.

“Hey B,” Faith said softly, lying an hand on Buffy’s shoulder, “How you holding up?”

Buffy couldn’t help but think that the gentle voice on Faith was a little out of place bit it was nice. She had missed her a lot when she’d been away at school.

She gave Faith a sad look before resting her head on the other girl’s shoulder.

“Everything’s gonna be okay B,” Faith told her, “I promise you.”

Buffy nodded, fighting back the tears that just seemed persistent to surface, “I know. Milly once told me that no one will ever fall forever and that once you hit the bottom, you can only go up from there.”

“The old bat was really insightful,” Faith laughed, trying to get Buffy to smile.

Buffy nodded, a small, fond smile forming on her lips, “She really was.”

“So I heard that you punched out a very pregnant Harmony,” Faith smirked at her.

Buffy looked away, a little embarrassed. Not one of her finer moments…

“Yeah,” she nodded, “I didn’t mean to but she had hold of my hair you see and…”

Faith laughed and shook her head, “B, if you didn’t do it, I would have.”

Buffy looked down at her feet before she looking back at Faith, “Why is this so damn hard Faith?”

“Well you loved Milly,” Faith started but Buffy shook her head.

“I don’t mean that. I mean why does life in general have to be so fucking hard? Milly told me to go find my Hollywood ending, the one she never got. Is there even such a thing as a Hollywood ending or are we doomed to spend the rest of our lives seeing them only in the movies?”

Faith smiled at her sadly before pulling her into a tight hug, “I guess it’s something you have to make B. Maybe there are only meant for the movies, maybe not. If you give up and break down now you’ll never know.”

She’d just have to be strong and find out.

******

“Joyce, where are you going?” Patrick asked as he watched his wife come down the stairs, dressed in black.

“I’m going to the funeral. Buffy needs someone to be there for her now,” she explained, grabbing her purse and keys off of the hanger.

Patrick gave her a dumbfounded look, “After what she did to Harmony? You're going to just go to her and act like what she did was perfectly fine? She not only hit our daughter but was sleeping with Spike, who incase you didn’t catch on to it, is the father of Harmony’s baby!”

Joyce stopped and looked at him, “Harmony is my step-daughter. Buffy is my daughter. She needs her mother to be there for her. How can you not understand that?”

She really couldn’t believe that he was telling her that she couldn’t go to support Buffy. Yes, what she did was wrong Joyce wasn’t oblivious the fact that Harmony was no little angel.

“Darling I do understand but you can't just…”

Joyce shook her head, “I can do what I damn well please! Buffy is my daughter and I’m going to be there to help her get through this. If you can't accept that then I guess that that’s just too bad,”

“Joyce…”

But she was already gone.

******

“Hi mommy,” Buffy said quietly as her mother sat down next to her, “What are you doing here?”

“I figured you’d need someone to lean on,” she said softly.

Buffy turned to look at her, a little surprised, “Aren't you supposed to hate me?”

“I could never hate you,” Joyce said in a comforting, mother tone before pulling Buffy into a tight hug, “Never.”

“I did nothing but screw everyone’s life up mommy,” Buffy whispered, squeezing her eyes shut and tightening her arms around her mother.

“Oh baby, that’s not true,” Joyce shook her head.

It was true though. If she’d never come to Sunnydale than Spike would have broken up with Harmony when he’d intended to and he would have never gotten her pregnant, en his child that is and her mother would be so much more happier.

Buffy pulled away and snorted, “Yes it is. You don’t have to pretend.”

“I made you so unhappy by forcing you to come live here didn’t I?”

She didn’t see the point in lying, “Yeah, you really did.”

“Patrick tried to talk me out of coming here,” Joyce told her.

Buffy’s head snapped around, “And you still came? I mean I foresee that causing some problems.”

She shrugged, “Yeah.”

There was a long moment of silence before Joyce asked, “Do you love him Buffy?”

“Yeah,” Buffy whispered, “I do love him but I guess none of that matters.”

“If you love him than it does matter,” her mother told her, her voice confident in what she was saying.

“I’m sorry mom, I really am. I must be such a disappointment to you,” Buffy sighed, “I mean I became the one thing that after Angel I swore I’d never be.”

“Did it feel right to you?” Joyce asked.

There was a long pause before Buffy explained, “When I was with him, nothing in the world was wrong. All of my pieces just seemed to fit back together.”

“And when you weren’t with him?”

“I felt disgusting,” she said honestly.

“You aren't disgusting,” Joyce shook her head, “Love makes you do some fucked up things Buffy.”

“Mother!” Buffy exclaimed, laughing just a little, “You did not just say that.”

Joyce laughed, “It’s reality baby.”

“I love you mom,” Buffy told her, taking her hand and giving it a squeeze.

“Love you too Buffy,” Joyce replied, squeezing back.

******

Buffy lay on her back on the hotel room bed, staring at the ceiling.

Andrew had had to go back to work so she was all alone.

She was just tired. She felt like she could sleep for a thousand years.

She had nothing left in her to fight back with. She was completely mentally and physically beat. The need to just give in was impending.

God if she could only get back to France she could go on and pretend like there was no such thing as fucking Sunnydale, California.

The tears that had been building up in her all day burst through all at once, drowning her in all of the emotion that came with them.

She cried for Milly. She cried for her mother and father. She cried for Spike. Hell she even cried for Harmony.

Sobs tore through her whole body and they refused to stop. She cried and cried and cried until it felt like she couldn’t cry anymore.

She cried so hard that she almost didn’t notice the knock on the hotel room door.

******

I hate to say this people but this fic is coming to an end. It had to happen sometime *sighs sadly*
The Hollywood Ending by PsychoPromQueen7
Author's Notes:
the very last chapter, hope you all enjoy!
Buffy tossed her golden hair over her shoulder before staring deep into the mirror. A self portrait. She’d never in all of her years as an artist done a self portrait.

She’d went through a faze where she’d thought she wasn’t pretty enough.

Then there was the time that she was disgusted with herself.

And now she had no excuse.

She dipped her brush into the water and then into the peachy-bronze mix of paint. She swiped the brush across the canvas in one smooth movement.

Almost six months ago she’d left Sunnydale and headed back to France. Almost two months ago, she’d said her final goodbyes to Spike.

And you know what?

She was okay.

”We can't do this Spike. It’s so unfair to both of us,” Buffy whispered through her tears, “I’m not giving up art school and I will not let you throw away your future. Besides…Harmony remember?”

Spike growled in frustration and shook his head, “Sod Harmony and sod fucking Sunnydale University! I love you Buffy!”

Buffy looked down at her hands, a tear sliding down her cheek, “And I love you too but really. Is that enough? I mean we can sit here and talk about how much we love each other all we want but let’s get real! Love fades away eventually. Not everything can stand the test of time like the work of all of the artists I rant on about and even their work isn't going to last forever!”

“So you're just going to give up and move on?” he laughed bitterly, shaking his head in disbelief.

“I guess so,” Buffy looked up into his eyes, hers filled with tears, “Time is all it’ll take Spike. I promise that over time everything will be okay. Just give it time.”

“I don’t want to give it time!” he snapped at her, “Luv, I don’t want to move on. I want to be with you…”

“And we don’t always get what we want,” Buffy smiled sadly, “No matter what happens, in the end everything’ll work out.”

“Buffy…”

“Please just go Spike,” she sighed, wiping her eyes, “This is already too hard. Just go and pretend that…I don’t know, pretend that you don’t even know me. Whatever you need to do. Just go.”

“Do you really want me to?” he asked quietly, touching her shoulder gently.

She took a deep mental breath and shrugged out of his touch, an painful empty feeling settling in, “Yes. That’s really what I want you to do.”

There was a short pause before a defeated look crossed Spike’s face, “Okay, than that’s what I’ll do pet.”

And she just watched him go and didn’t try to stop him.

It hurt like hell.


Really, she was okay now.

She was a strong independent woman, a rich one at that.

Who needed a man anyways? She didn’t need Spike or anybody in general.

Yeah, okay that was a lie…

She missed the bleached idiot. She missed everything about him really but she was getting on with life. That’s all she could do. She’d chosen to do it this way.

Shaking her head, she returned her focus to the painting in front of her. It was developing. It wasn’t going to be hard to capture the look in her eyes that screamed ‘I’ve loved and I’ve lost’. An old woman had once stopped her on the street and asked her who he was. Damn her.

Once in a while the thought of how Spike and Harmony were crossed her mind. The thought of a picture perfect family crossed her mind for a brief second before she remembered who they really were.

She’d once done a family portrait of them. Spike, Harmony and a baby bundled in a blanket with wide smiles on both of their faces. It had a torn her heart just a little but at the same time, it made her wish the best for them.

She’d find a man someday and then she’d be able to draw and paint pictures of her family and display them with a proud smile on her face. Until then all she had was the sketch of Spike’s happy family.

It was all an illusion though and it may have been wrong but that thought comforted her a little.

But she was okay.

She’d talked to her mother the other day. She’d never asked about Spike and Harmony and her mother never told but when she’d been on the phone with her just the day before something had been up. She could tell. Her mother had the secretive edge to her voice. At first she’d thought it had been sadness over her and Patrick’s divorce and when Buffy had called her on it, she’d cleared that up quickly. She almost wished she had enough courage to ask to just know. Just to make sure that he was okay and that he’d listened to her. Knowing Spike, he hadn't.

With another long sigh, Buffy gazed into the mirror once more before going to back her portrait.

******

Here he was. He’d given her, her bloody time and now he was here to stay if she liked it or not. He’d stand on her fucking doorstep until she let him in again.

The baby had been born and it had been confirmed. He was not the father. He’d wanted to get on a plane right then and there and come find Buffy but he’d stopped himself. She wanted time, he’d give her time. Six months of time had to be enough and if it wasn’t, well that was just to bloody bad!

Taking a deep breath, he knocked heavily on the large red door of Buffy’s house and waited.

******

“Coming!” Buffy called over her shoulder at the door, sticking her brush into the glass jar of water next to her paints. She jumped up and wiped her paint covered hands on her jeans and brushed her hands out of her eyes before going to answer the door.

When the door opened, they just stared at each other. The sense of deja va swept over both of them. It was like the first day they’d met and she’d opened the door with the spot of paint on her nose and she’d taken him in with his leather and bleached hair.

She was about to open her mouth and ask about Harmony but he shook his head to stop her.

They just stared at each other for what seemed to be forever before Buffy silently motioned for him to come inside.

No words were spoken.

Not that they were needed

Paintings were silent and yet they said a thousand words.

Love seemed to be the same way.

******
yeah, cheesy, I know. But it’s finally over and I don’t know whether to be sad or happy. I hope you all enjoyed this story cuz I loved writing it. Plz tell me what you think! *hugs all readers and reviews*
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=7593