Dance of the Mates by spufette
Summary: A/N: This is a fic I started way back on another site. I never finished it there, but thought you readers here might like it. Before I start my other AU/vampire and slayer fiction, I thought I'd complete this one. Summary: Takes place after Something Blue, goes off canon there. Spike and Buffy had feelings for each other before the spell of Willow's. Now that the spell is broken, our Spuffy couple realize that spell or not, they are in love with each other. Where will this go? Well, the title kind of gives us a hint!
Categories: General NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 25 Completed: Yes Word count: 43777 Read: 80326 Published: 02/17/2005 Updated: 07/07/2005

1. Chapter 1: 'Did Their Will' by spufette

2. Chapter 2: 'We're Going to Have A Chat' by spufette

3. Chapter 3: 'Pre-Dance' by spufette

4. Chapter 4: 'More Vampire Then Human' by spufette

5. Chapter 5: 'Say It Again, Spike' by spufette

6. Chapter 6: 'Claimed!' by spufette

7. Chapter 7: 'Honeymoon!' by spufette

8. Chapter 8: 'Ain't Nobody' by spufette

9. Chapter 9: 'Celebration' by spufette

10. Chapter 10: 'Patroling Together' by spufette

11. Chapter 11: 'Surprising Allies' by spufette

12. Chapter 12: 'Save Me!' by spufette

13. Chapter 13: 'Calls For Help' by spufette

14. Chapter 14: 'Dying Without Buffy' by spufette

15. Chapter 15: 'All The Dudes' by spufette

16. Chapter 16: 'Reflections of Their Golden Eyes' by spufette

17. Chapter 17: 'I Will Get To You...' by spufette

18. Chapter 18: 'A Little Gift' by spufette

19. Chapter 19: 'It's Starting...' by spufette

20. Chapter 20: 'What The Hell Is Going On Here!' by spufette

21. Chapter 21: 'Buffy Unbound!' by spufette

22. Chapter 22: 'Reunited' by spufette

23. Chapter 23: 'Plans' by spufette

24. No Chapter, a long A/N by spufette

25. Epilogue by spufette

Chapter 1: 'Did Their Will' by spufette
DANCE OF THE MATES



A/N: This is a different fic for me. It’s more on canon with the show itself. Buffy is the Slayer, Spike is a Vampire and all of the Scoobies are around in this one. It starts off after ‘Something Blue’ from season 4 and spirals off canon from there.

In this tale, Spike and Buffy got through the ‘Do Thy Will’ spell that Willow cast, however, in my tale, the spell was definitely that, a ‘Do Thy Will’ spell which means that Spike and Buffy already ‘cared’ for each other before this. The spell merely brought their real feelings to the surface, but now, with the spell broken? What happens? Easy, Spuffy of course, Spike isn’t a ‘man’ to be easily dissuaded and Buffy is more receptive then anyone thought she might be. As usual, for me, this story will be told from Spike and Buffy’s POV’s at random. Thanks!


Chapter 1: ‘Did Their Will’


Spike, or William the Bloody as he was historically known, was kicking the unlife out of a Solon Demon.

“Sorry, mate,” he kept telling the ugly green giant monster as he kicked the Solon again, “gotta’ work off some of this tension, you know?”

Apparently the poor Solon Demon had no idea why Spike the Master Vampire was kicking the shit out of him tonight. However, Spike cleared up the mystery for him, by carrying on an apologetic, if one-sided conversation.

“So Buffy and me, we almost got married the other night,” Spike began as he stepped on top of the Solon and held him down with his Doc Martin clad foot.

“Just lay still a minute, mate,” he growled at the Demon as he fished around in his duster and pulled out a cigarette and lighter. Lighting a smoke, Spike grinned down at the beaten Solon and continued his tale:

“You see,” Spike scrunched up his handsome human face, “ The red haired witch, Willow she’s called, she cast this spell that back fired. Apparently, all of the little bint’s spells backfire, but this one really went around the bend. Kind of that is.”

The Solon Demon half-smiled up at Spike, benevolently, seeing the vampire’s monologue as a reprieve for him getting his ass kicked any more.

Taking another drag on his smoke, Spike went on to explain the reason for his less then pleasant mood that evening.

“So, Buffy and me, you know Buffy. The Slayer?” He nodded at the Demon, good-naturedly, as he went on, content when the huge green face nodded back up him.

“Lovely girl,” the Solon mumbled through his gnarled teeth.

“Yeah,” Spike chuckled, “that she is,” he agreed happily, “too bad it was a spell that caused her to kiss me back. That and….”

But he stopped a minute, deciding that spilling all of his and Buffy’s secrets, while they were under that fucking spell anyway, was not quite the gentlemanly thing to do.

‘Even a Vampire has manners,’ Spike thought to himself. But Christ, Buffy had kissed him back, like a starving woman and later, when Giles had gone blind, God but what she and Spike almost did.

‘So close,’ he sighed, staring up at the stars that taunted him from their positions in the sky. He, Spike had always wanted Buffy, more then that he had been falling in love with her well, forever, but the spell, it’s what had brought the truth to the surface.

“She felt it too, you know,” Spike explained to the Demon under his foot, “she wanted me, spell or no spell. I’m over a hundred and twenty some years old. I know Buffy wanted me and cares for me. Stupid, stubborn bitch!” he mumbled as he ground his boot into the Solon’s chest a little more.

“I’m sure she does care for you Mr. Spike,” Solon choked out, “but after all, the girl has issues, doesn’t she? I mean, she kills your kind, you kill hers, that’s kind of a ‘major issue’ isn’t it? Must be tough for a girl like that to admit, even to herself, that she’s got it bad for a Master Vampire?”

Spike frowned, “never stopped her from going all ga ga in public over Peaches now did it?” he growled down at Solon.

“Peaches?” the prone demon asked. “Angel well, Angelus that is,” Spike hissed out the hated name of his Grandsire.

Solon looked up at his antagonizer, thoughtfully, “well, since Angelus left town some time ago, I would think that ‘he’ wouldn’t be a problem for you Master Spike.”

‘Reasonable enough,’ Spike agreed silently, ‘and bloody hell, after all, he Spike was much handsomer then Peaches, certainly more intelligent.’

“Why can’t Buffy see that?” he asked the poor demon below his foot. The Solon Demon was actually beginning to turn blue from the pressure of Spike’s boot, “sorry, mate,” Spike apologized honestly, “forgot you blokes need to breathe,’ he lifted his boot and helped the beaten demon up.

“Hope ya’ heal fast,” Spike shook the Solon’s talon with his left hand, noting that the fella’s color was returning to it’s normal shade of green. “Just had to vent a bit, you know? Thank’s for listening,” he nodded at the demon.

“I hope you and your lady, Buffy, work out your issues, Master Spike,” Solon grinned through broken teeth. He waved warmly at Spike and scurried off into the black night, “good luck,” he called back at the platinum blond vampire.

“Yeah,” Spike grumbled, “I’ll need luck all right, specially with that fucking Captain Cardboard, Riley Finn, sniffing around my Buffy. Him and the rest of those gang of idiots that my girl hangs with. Christ!” he kicked a huge tombstone defiantly, “bloody fucking hell! My foot!”

Spike grabbed his booted left foot and began to hop around angrily, “stupid tombstone,” he snarled, “stupid Slayer! Stupid ponce that I am, had to go fall in love with my one true enemy. Stupid fucking fate!”

Flopping down on the damp grass of the cemetary, one of three in this stupid town of Sunnydale, or Sunnyhell as Buffy and her friends called it, Spike lit another cigarette.

“Little chit cares about me,” he muttered taking a deep drag from the smoke, “she’s too damn stubborn and proud to admit it, yet that is. Buffy’ll have to come to grips with the fact that she and I belong together. I know we do, you know we do,” he growled up at the stars, “she’ll just have to get on board with it. Sooner over later that is.”

Ever since Spike had first stepped foot into this God forsaken town, from the start when he first saw her, Buffy, he’d been smitten with her. She was dancing with her friends, the whelp and the witch at that lousy Bronze dump.

Of course, Spike had gone hunting for Buffy to kill her, at first that is. But when he watched her dance, her body calling to him like a siren, he began to forget about Drusilla, his Dark Princess, and began to fall for this Golden Goddess immediately.

It took almost two years to realize it, sure, but Spike finally woke up and smelled the blood, no, the coffee. He, Spike, William the Bloody, Scourge of Europe and Southern California was crazy arse in love with Buffy Summers, Vampire Slayer. Dru knew it, or stated it, before Spike did, one of the reasons she sent him back to Sunnydale and away from her.

“Bless her cold black heart,” Spike chuckled as he thought of Dru, hoping only the best for his ex-girlfriend. “Hope she and her Chaos demon are happy as pigs in mud,” he said truthfully.

Buffy got home from patrolling the Sunnydale Cemetary, one of three cemetaries in this God awful town she was stuck in. She had chosen the Sunnydale Cemetary because it was a ‘safe’ cemetary, okay, it wasn’t ‘his’ cemetary that is. Spike’s crypt was in another cemetary and Buffy played it safe and stayed clear of that one tonight.

Ever since that damn ‘Do Thy Will’ spell, when her and Spike came real close to getting married. That and coming real close to the pre-wedding Honeymoon like they did, caused Buffy to avoid the blond vampire and anywhere near his home turf.

“Stupid vampire!” Buffy hissed angrily as she drew her bath water. “How dare he think I’d ever marry him, much less kiss him!” The warm water was inviting to her as she slipped out of her patrol outfit and into the bubbles of the tub.

“Stupid spell, darn Willow!” she pouted as she slid under the water, up to her neck. But no matter how much she tried to wash away the memories of that ‘night’ of the spell, or the way Spike kissed her, along with the soreness of patrol, it did no good.

“It was only kisses,” she sighed, “but damn, Spike kissed me like a starving man. We did almost…..” Buffy picked up the soapy loofa sponge and angrily flung it at the full length mirror on the bathroom door.

“Stupid vampire,” she sniffed again, “stupid spell.”

A stab of guilt swept through Buffy, “Riley. My real life human boy friend would never, ever understand what Spike and I almost did. Spell or not.”

Settling back onto the tub, Buffy soaked a while longer, thinking of Spike again.

“I’m so mentally disturbed,” she sighed, angry at herself more then anyone, “if I hadn’t felt some kind of ‘something’ for Spike, that spell never would have taken the course it did. I’m going to have to come to grips with it…..I ‘care’ for Spike,” she sighed again, more frustrated then ever.

“I’ll just have to avoid him at all costs, send someone else to the Holly Cemetary to patrol. Has to be done,” Buffy decided with firm determination, “I will have to remain ‘avoidance girl’ at all costs where Spike is concerned.”



A/N: Just a small chapter to get things started. If you read the title, then you might get an idea of where I’m going with this one. Please read and review. Thanks, Luv, Spuf
Chapter 2: 'We're Going to Have A Chat' by spufette
DANCE OF THE MATES


Chapter 2: ‘We’re Going to Have a Chat!’


A/N: Okay, just a quick chapter to hopefully keep an interest in this fiction. Anyway, the next chapter should be in a few days, longer and hopefully Spuffier! Thanks, Luv, Spuf


Buffy stolled through the Sunnydale Cemetary, it had been a slow night for patrol. She’d only taken out a couple of fledgling vampires and a middle aged Traoch Demon who had stumbled into the fight.

“Geez,” Buffy sighed in frustration, “you’d think that somebody or make that ‘something’ else evil would show up tonight!”

Of course, the real action was usually at the Holly Cemetary, but that turf was off limits for Buffy now. Since that spell of Willow’s Buffy had avoided that cemetary like the plague, sending Xander, Anya and Giles over there to patrol for her.

“Spike’s cemetary,” she smirked, thinking how silly it really was to think of any place like that as ‘someone’s turf. “Damn!” she cried angrily, noticing the Traoch’s blood on her new, expensive leather boots, “when will I learn to ‘not wear’ my good clothes on these patrolling thingys!”

Suddenly, Buffy’s ‘spidey sense’ sent a tingle down her spine, alerting her to the fact that a very powerful vampire was close by.

“Oh crap!” she groaned out loud in exasperation, “Spike!”

She would know that ‘feeling’ anywhere, the one that told her this was no ordinary vamp, but the one vampire that could take her down, maybe anyway. Okay, at least he, Spike, was capable of annoying her to death, if nothing else.

‘That or rock my world,’ she thought nervously as she turned to face the patch of trees by the border of the cemetary. ‘Oh, bad Buffy,’ she groaned inwardly, ‘bad, bad Buffy the Vampire Slayer. There will be no rocking of Buffy’s world by Spike, never, ever ever!’

“Okay, Spike,” she hissed, “come out, I know you’re there.” She took her ‘bored now’ stance and folded her leather clad arms across her chest, putting on the best ‘what the hell do you want’ expression on her face. Sure enough, there he was, William the Bloody in all his bleached blond-hair glory!

“Hello, cutie,” Spike greeted her amicably as he stepped out from behind the grove of trees he’d been hiding in. For the last half of an hour, Spike had followed Buffy in this lonely place, watching her kill off some real loser of a vampire fledgling and some stupid Traoch Demon who’d tried to help the loser.

He had even considered joining Buffy in the fray, but realized that she would just get pissed off at him for butting in, so he backed off, stayed hidden and watched as she kicked the crap out of the next fledgling. When Buffy had finished that bloody moron off, he proceeded to tail her through the rest of the cemetary until she had stopped, bent over and checked her boots.

From his spot, hidden in the trees, Spike caught the most tantalizing glimpse of his Slayer’s lovely thong covered bum. He also surmised that Buffy had gotten some kind of shit on her boots, “fate worse then death for our little munchable morsel,” he’d chuckled.

Actually, he had been surprised that Buffy hadn’t detected him before this, “must have something else on her mind,” he reasoned as he came out into her view. “Just bet ‘I’ might be that something,” he said to himself, hopefully, as he faced her with a smirk.

“Wondered when you’d find me out, luv,” he nodded at her and lit a cigarette, giving her a once or twice over with his appreciative eye.

“Love the outfit,” he continued snarkily, “you plannin’ on slaying or seducing demons tonight?”

‘Please say seducing, please say seducing,’ he pleaded in his head, ‘at least seducing this demon.’

“You are a real pig, Spike,” Buffy huffed as she unfolded her arms and turned to walk off from him.

“Hey!” he shouted behind her, practically leaping the yards to close the gap between them, “don’t turn your back on me, Princess! Even if your arse is quite appealing, I prefer to see your front side, right at this moment anyway.”

Buffy stopped and flung her arms out about her, spun around and growled through clenched teeth, “just why ‘are’ you here, Spike? I mean, your ‘turf’ as you call it is all the way over on the other side of town. Can’t I just get the hell away from you, ever?”

He resisted the urge to grab her and kiss her luscious pink lips, deciding instead to simply shrug and take another drag off of his cigarette, “free country,” he stated evenly, but smirked for good measure.

She shook her head in frustration and mumbled, “I’m out of here,” again turning to walk away.

Spike was faster though, vampire and all, so he easily caught up with her and grasped her arm tightly, “I said,” he growled, “do not turn your back on me.”

Buffy felt that shiver of fear (?) go up her spine and tensed up immediately. ‘Who are you kidding Summers,’ she asked herself, unable to deny the real emotion Spike’s touch afforded her, ‘this isn’t fear or loathing or any of that, it’s lust.’

She tried to pull away from his, clasping huge hand, but apparently she didn’t try hard enough, so, he spun her around to face him again.

“Why don’t you patrol in Holly Cemetary anymore?” he asked gruffly, reaching up to touch her hair, then stopping short.

“I patrol where I choose,” she hissed, glaring at his azure blue eyes with indignation. “Just like I wear what I choose to patrol in, besides,” she suddenly grinned with sarcasm, “I’m supposed to hook up with Riley later tonight. Wanted to look especially ‘hot’ for him!”

‘There,’ she giggled defiantly, even if it was to herself, ‘shove that up your ass, Spikey!’

When she tried to pull away from him again, Buffy realized she might have just been a little to bitchy with him tonight. Spike was not smiling at all anymore, he wasn’t even frowning, really. His mouth, those lovely lips of his, too lovely for a males, was in a straight, angry line and his eyes? They were still blue of course, but now they were dark, almost blue black in color, their golden flecks burned like fire.

“Bitch!” he snarled, pulling her to him, roughly. “The only man you’ll dress like ‘that’ for is me!” he ordered harshly.

“You’re not a man,” she gasped, suddenly intimidated by Spike’s whole ‘Big Bad’ demeanor, but trying to be ‘tough’ and in charge.

“More of a bloody man then you’re fucking farm boy!” he roared as he yanked her chin up, non too gently, with his left hand. “Look at me,” he ordered again, “Look at me!” he roared again.

He felt a wave of power as this most powerful of Slayers met his eyes with her emerald orbs, a look of fear, or maybe it was uncertainty that shimmered through their green depths.

“What?” she whispered shakily.

“You’ve been avoiding me for weeks, making sure you stay completely out of my territory. You think you could hide from me, Buffy?” he asked, his head tilted to one side, “did you honestly think that I’d not come and hunt you down. Think again!” he rasped, “my radar is so tuned into you, that I’d sense you, smell you from miles away. I’ve been tracking you down for a week, ever since I figured out you were going to avoid me at all costs.”

Spike decided to up the stakes a notch, he picked Buffy up in his arms and carried her to a closed crypt nearby. Before she could make a move, struggle out of his arms, Spike kicked the crypt open, flinging the oaken doors wide. Once inside, he kicked them back shut and with one arm about Buffy, he used his other one to rebolt the door.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing!” she cried, suddenly quite animated in his arms.

“We’re going to have a chat, luv,” his gutteral growl low in his chest. “You and me, here and now, tonight. We’re going to straighten out some things, get them out in the open. Starting with,” he grunted as he sat her on a dusty sarcophagus, “why you’re avoiding your duties, especially in my cemetary. Then we’re going to discuss just why that spell of Red’s went the way it did, though I’m sure you’ve figured it out by now, just like me. No,” he growled again, holding her in place, keeping her from escaping, “you know fucking well why we kissed under that spell, why we almost married, almost made love. It wasn’t the spell,” he shook his head, “it was us, both of us, you and me and how we feel about each other. It’s how we’ve felt for years, since the first time I saw you, dancin’ at that hellish Bronze.”


A/N: Well, Spike is all ‘manly’ and such, huh? Please read and review this. I am really, really shy about somewhat canon BTVS fics. I’m usually better at period pieces, fantasy fics and all. Anyway, I have six more chapters of this in my files and I would like to submit them here. Then, continue and finish up the fic before I go into the next vampire/slayer WIP I have in mind. Thank you, Luv Spuf
Chapter 3: 'Pre-Dance' by spufette
DANCE OF THE MATES


Chapter 3: ‘The Pre-Dance’


“It’s about you and me,” Spike repeated hoarsely, “how we feel about each other.” He refused to allow Buffy to avoid his gaze, holding her tiny chin in his strong left hand, forcing her to meet his eyes with her opal green ones.

“You know bloody well why I came back to Sunnydale,” he continued, “and it had nothing to do with ‘killing’ you.”

Buffy shook her head out of his clasp, “oh, so the whole Ring of Amara thing last month. You walking in daylight, attacking me on my school campus? Uh, what was that, a love ritual?” she retorted snarkily, a harsh, but sad expression on her sweet mouth.

Spike pulled her chin up to look into her eyes, now emerald in color and noted the sorrow in them. “I was pissed off,” he growled at her, brushing aside the sympathy he felt at the moment. “You’d let that fucking little whelp, Parker whatever, fuck you and it had pissed me off. That’s why I attacked you, I never would have killed you. Not quite the dance that I had in mind for you and me,” he finished with what he hoped was a sensual grin.

Buffy shivered under Spike’s close scrutiny, of course the sexual innuendo in his eyes and voice did add to the tinglys shooting through her body. Suddenly, Buffy didn’t feel all that smug about her earlier words, ‘wanted to look especially hot for him (Riley)’ right now. In fact, she wasn’t feeling smug at all, just a little (?) lustful, and certainly not for Riley.

“Say something,” Spike ordered huskily, running his cool fingers down her left facial cheek.

“I, uhm, uhm…” Buffy whispered, unable to avert her eyes from his, “you hurt me,” she finally choked out, trying not to let the threatening tears fall.

Spike looked confused for a moment, then a light seemed to dawn in his indigo blue eyes, alerting her that he now understood.

“You mean that bloody rot I said about Parker and you, ‘the not worth a second go crap’ and about my dear old Grandsire, Peaches the worthless prick?”

Spike felt a tug at his cold dead heart and unwelcome remorse swept over him.

‘She believed me,’ he sighed to himself, sorrowfully, ‘every last bit of lies and hurtful things I said to her. She believed it all.’

Buffy finally broke from his gaze, lowering her head and nodding timidly, “it hurt me, Spike, much more then any of your physical slaps,” she whispered sadly.

“Oh, Buffy,” Spike pulled her chin up again as he tried to convey all of his regret for those ugly words then, “I was so full of shit about that. I only said them because I was furious that you let that little prick Parker have a go with you. Angel was at least worthy of you, somewhat, but Parker? He’s not good enough to kiss your arse. You didn’t let him did you? I mean kiss your arse?”

Spike just knew he looked like a real love sick ponce and was quite glad there were no mirrors about to see himself in. Not that ‘that’ would matter anyway, as he couldn’t see his reflection anyway, evil undead master vampire that he was.

“Buffy,” Spike sighed again, almost as if he ‘had’ to take breaths, “I didn’t mean any of that crap when that whole Ring of Amara fiasco happened. You are most definitely worth a second go, at least I’m sure you are, having never had the privlege myself,” and he grinned warmly at her, trying to illicit some laughter or at least a small smile from her.

Buffy looked at him with wide green eyes full of hope and confusion. “So,” she stammered in a very low, very arousing (at least to him) tone, “why exactly come back to Sunnydale, I mean, if you didn’t come back to kill me To dance with me?”

She batted her gold dusted lashes and rewarded him with just the slightest naughty smirk.

“You know why,” he rasped, leaning his own face closer into hers, “I came back for you all right, but never to kill you, luv. I came back to love you, just mucked up my whole Spuffy reunion plan. Way most of my half arsed plans end up. Fucked,” he chuckled with derision.

“Spuffy?” Buffy asked, her head tilted to one side, “what’s Spuffy?”

Spike actually felt himself blush, ‘un-fucking-believable’ he thought to himself, ‘vampires simply do not blush!’

“Spuffy,” he hesitated almost bashfully, “well, it’s what I call us. You know, Spike + Buffy = Spuffy. I know,” he chuckled, “it’s a bloody ridiculous moniker, especially for a master vampire and slayer, but it’s all I could come up with and……”

Buffy didn’t hesitate, she grabbed Spike’s face with both of her tiny powerful hands and pulled his yummy looking mouth into hers. If he was shocked, or stunned or even mildly surprised, he shook it off fast and began to devour her lips, greedily, with his own.

“I love you, Buffy,” he moaned into her mouth, “I’ve loved you forever, just was too fucking stupid to realize it for a long time,” he finished by nuzzling her neck with his cool, soft lips.

“I saw you in a dream,” she murmered as she stroked his bleached platinum hair tenderly. He pulled back and looked so stunned that she almost giggled in his face, but controlled herself.

“I did,” she nodded, smiling instead, “years ago, just after I was called, before you ever showed your handsome face in Sunnydale. Slayer dreams are prophetic you know, at least Gile’s says that.”

Spike stopped looking so stunned and favored her with a shy smile, “what dream,” he asked quietly, tucking a blond tress behind her ear, “what happened in your dream.”

Spike was mesmerized by Buffy’s expression and her soft voice as she explained her dream from years ago to him. It amazed him that this was so, because he had dreamed of her years before also, right down to her opaline green eyes and funny little nose.

“I dreamed it more then once,” she sighed shyly, “at least ten times, I think. I kept dreaming about a ‘special’ vampire, not just any old one, but a real special vampire.”

He grinned at her, some of his cockiness returning to his expression, “well of course ‘I’m’ special, luv,” he admitted silkily.

“No,” Buffy slapped at him, but in fun only, “I mean it. I kept having this dream that this vampire, never saw his face, not until the last time I dreamed it, but anyway, I kept having this dream that a master vampire came to Sunnydale. He was strong and handsome, that much I was sure of, but more then that he loved me, very very much in the dream and I loved him, even though we were always at odds with each other. At first, when I first got to know Angel…”

Spike cringed and dropped his cocky grin, “fuck Angelus!” he growled menacingly.

“No,” Buffy sighed in exasperation, “I just thought, that when I met him, I thought ‘he’ was the vampire from my dream. But,” she paused, “no, he was definitely ‘not’ my dream vampire. The last time I dreamed the dream, it was just before you and Drusilla hit town the first time. That last dream, I saw my shadowy vampire, kind of anyway, saw his sillouette in the moonlight. He, my dream vampire, he had silver hair and wore all black. It was you, Spike, it was always you.”

Spike smiled once more and wrapped Buffy in his powerful arms, “Drusilla, she knew Buffy,” he chuckled in her ear. “She was well aware of my loving you long ago, knew just where to find you and bring me to you. I hope she’s happy, whoever or whatever she ended up with.”

He felt Buffy smile against his cheek, “me too,” she added quietly. “So,” Buffy pulled away from Spike briefly and asked seriously, “what now?”

He kissed her sweet mouth again and smiled at her warmly, “now, we make love together, consumate this Spuffy prophecy of ours. That’s what. I love you, Buffy, totally.”

Buffy snuggled back into his arms and sighed dreamily, “love you too, Spike.”


A/N: Had a minute, submitted this chapter. All seems well, now, huh? Not so, I’m afraid. The title says it all ‘Dance of the Mates’ and in the next couple of chapters, our ‘mates’ Spike/Buffy will not only consumate their love, well…we’ll just read it, huh? Tee Hee…

Now, of course, Spuffy lovers don’t mind Spike and Buffy ‘getting together’ but there’s others in Sunnydale that will not be amused.

The next chapters should definitely be NC-17 rated! Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 4: 'More Vampire Then Human' by spufette
DANCE OF THE MATES


Chapter 4: ‘More Vampire, Then Human!’



Buffy snuggled deep into her soon to be lover’s arms. “Spike,” she whispered huskily, “what next?”

Spike chuckled and held her tightly, “next we make love, fullfill this Spuffy prophecy and all.”

She giggled happily, feeling some sense of freedom within her, something she had not felt since she had been ‘called’ to Slayerdom.

“So,” Buffy sighed dreamily, rubbing her tiny body against Spike’s hard one, “what are you plotting Big Bad? Lull the Slayer into some false sense of security, bite me? Drain me dry?”

Spike chuckled again, more softly this time and tenderly nuzzled Buffy’s head with his lovely lips, “nah,” he responded simply. “I, the Big Bad, evil Master Vampire that I am, plan to shag the Slayer senseless, make her mine and bind us together forever.”

Spike was serious about this and he only hoped that his love, Buffy, understood just what he was blabbering on about. When he, Spike, said that he intended to make Buffy his, totally, that’s exactly what he meant. There was no turning back after Spike and Buffy mated and he claimed her as his. This little mating ritual was the equivilant of human marital rites, except actually, the vampire way was even more binding.

“Buffy,” Spike whispered, pulling her even closer to his anxious, taut body, “I mean this, luv, this is not some meaningless, superficial words, chanted in front of drunk, partying onlookers at a human wedding. Oh, I know, just what human weddings are supposed to truly mean. Forever, always and never leaving each other, no matter what.”

“But,” Spike shook his head sorrowfully, “sometimes those vows you mortals take are broken far too easily, Princess. They shouldn’t be, but sadly, they are. When I claim you, like I surely intend on doing, then it is definitely forever, my love. There will be no promises, verbally, that are soon forgotten or broken by either one of us.”

“Our claiming of each other is just that, eternal, unbreakable and stronger then any earthly vows could ever be. I love you Buffy, just be sure that before we, you and I consummate this union, that this is what you truly want and need. I know it is for me, always, but I need you to be more then sure. Are you, my little Golden Goddess? Sure I mean?” he nuzzled his forehead to hers.

Spike was a little leary of explaining everything like this to Buffy. He was worried that she might change her mind, make a run for it before he could officially claim her.

However, before he could continue with his concerns, Buffy shyly met Spike’s gaze, “yes,” she whispered simply, placing an almost chaste kiss on his lips.

Buffy felt her Spike, her Vampire love, kiss her back, deeply, sincerely, trying to convey the serious, truly binding conotations of what they were about to do together.

“Spike,” she gasped as he left her hungry mouth and began to greedily kiss her on her chin, jaw and neck.

“What?” he groaned gruffly, almost gutterally, looking up at her, still in human visage, but his blue eyes golden with lust.

“Take me,” she ordered firmly, trying to match Spike’s firey eyes with the heat in her own.

“Gladly,” Spike rasped as he pushed her roughly back on to the sarcophagus, still careful not to hurt her physically. Buffy felt Spike strip her clothes off of her more then willing body, he certainly wasn’t gentle about that part of it and it arroused her immensely.

“Do you feel this?” he asked, suddenly pausing from his kissing ministrations and almost glaring at her heatedly, “do you realize what we are together? You and me, Buffy? What we’ll be together when this is done, our union, our marriage?”

Buffy ran her tiny hand down the side of his cheek, a combination of tenderness and strength that Spike found such a turn on, so soul inspiring, even if he no longer had his.

“Yes,” she responded husikily, “I understand exactly what ‘this means’ for the both of us and I want it, more then anything.”

Spike felt a rush of adrenaline that he’d never experienced before, not in the 120 some years he’d been a vampire and certainly not in the 26 years before that, when he was human.

“Then invite me in, Buffy,” he rasped, trying to control his inner demon, trying to wait to be asked to take her and claim her, make her is woman, his mate, his wife for eternity.

“Come in, Spike,” Buffy purred silkily under half closed lids, her little pink tongue moistening her luscious lips.

“Oh, God, Buffy,” Spike cried in hot anticipation, ripping the rest of her clothes from her, then rending his own from his body.

Buffy felt Spike’s erection against her tummy, ‘mmmm,’ she hummed to herself, ‘such a nice, large cock!’ She had felt his, uhm, package before, during the spell,of course, and a few times when they had ‘danced’ in fight. It was really enough that Spike had announced his love for her, his adoration and loyalty, but shit, to have this physical response of his was just icing on the freaking cake! The man, okay, the master vampire that was Spike, was amazingly huge down there and Buffy couldn't help but be quite impatient to feel his shaft shoved up into her.

“Come in,” she repeated sensuously, thrusting up to meet Spike’s thrusts into her.

“I’m comin’ baby,” Spike growled, “soon, but first, I wanna’ taste you. No, don’t get excited, okay, get excited,” he chuckled, “but I mean don’t get nervous about the taste thing. I don’t mean your blood, not yet anyway, that comes later. Right now, I need to taste that sweet little cunny of yours.”

Buffy flinched, just a tad and sighed against Spike’s mouth, “I, I mean,” she stuttered nervously, “I’m not really used to that part of sex. I mean,” Buffy was getting quite embarrassed, she had never really experienced oral sex before, this would be a first, definitely.

Spike was stunned, not so much about Angel not performing this most intimate part of sexual love with Buffy, his Grandsire was a number one selfish prick, true enough. The vampire was just surprised that some lover in Buffy’s history had not introduced her to one of the most pleasurable acts of carnal love.

“It’s okay, baby,” Spike whispered, brushing her golden hair from her face and kissing her sweet mouth again, “I’ll walk you through it. I promise, you’ll love it and I’ll love doing it to you.”

Buffy nodded shyly at him, tugging at his unbeating heart and making him feel proud to give this ‘first’ to his love.

“I love you my sweet,” he murmered as he kissed her mouth again, then trailed his lips down her neck to her naked chest.

“Mmmm,” he purred sucking on first her left then right breast, “my girl, my baby has the warmest, sweetest titties, love them and her.”

He felt Buffy wriggle against his mouth and body, she sighed and moaned simotaneously, “oh Spike, you say the nicest things!”


A/N: Okay, this is a teaser chapter, very short, a forerunner of great Spuffy sex to come! Seriously, the next chapter(s) will be a bit ‘hot’ I hope anyway! This is Spuffy after all and anything connected to Spuffy, sexually wise or otherwise is always hot ‘innit’ it? Thanks for reading and please review. Author(esses) love reviews even if they are a tad harsh sometimes! Luv, Spuf
Chapter 5: 'Say It Again, Spike' by spufette
DANCE OF THE MATES


Chapter 5: ‘Say It Again, Spike!’


A/N: I have a problem here. First off, I started this chapter earlier, then got sick at work; yada yada, took too much cold medicine and now I’m a bit goofy from the meds! Anyway, Secondly, I get a bit ‘shy’ about writing sex scenes in these fics, I’m such a prude and all and…(yeah, okay, right). So, here goes, hope this doesn’t disappoint. Luv, Spuf


Spike continued to kiss Buffy’s sweet little titties and mumble sweet, nasty words of love as he did.

“My Queen, my gorgeous, hot, fuckable little Queen,” he moaned as he suckled Buffy’s nipple like a baby nursing, “my Golden Goddess, my Love.”

Buffy was past caring exactly ‘what’ her soon to be mate was spouting, she just wanted to hear more of his ‘poetry’ and musings and heck, more of his naughty talk to her.

“Say it again,” she whispered saucily, bucking up into Spike’s yummy mouth as he suckled her other breast, “tell me what you’re going to do to me Big Bad.”

Spike pulled away from Buffy’s breast and chuckled wickedly, “I’m going to shag you, little one,” he purred, “but first I’m going to taste your goodness and then I’m going to make love to you; bite your luscious, sleek neck, claim you as my woman and bind you to me for eternity. Then, I’ll force you to taste my blood, take blood vows together and we’ll be tied together for all time. That what you wanted to hear?” He growled out the last few words, like a big, snuggly jungle cat.

If Buffy could form a coherant word, she would have agreed to Spike’s plans immediately. However, since they were both dazed and overwhelmed by mutual sexual lust, neither could think past the next step in the marital ritual. A ritual which would prove more binding then any vow or promise that humans seemed to take so lightly.

Something in the Slayer told her that this was all wrong. Okay, not the ‘Spike claims Buffy as his mate; she returns claim and they live/unlive happily ever after,’ but the part where it all happens in a generic, dusty old crypt on a strange sarcaphogus.

“Spike,” she whispered, “this is wrong.” Spike’s left scarred eyebrow flew up in shock, okay, not shock, exasperation.

“What the bloody hell are you talking about, wrong?” he growled, securing Buffy under his body, holding her to the cold, dusty cement.

“I mean,” Buffy sighed in her melonchaly little way, “that I really wonder if us consumating our marriage vows on a strange, morbid cement tomb of the dead is really the right way to start our life/unlife together.”

Spike scrunched up his dark brows, giving him a clownish kind of look, since his hair was the color of quicksilver, “yeah,” he sighed slowly, “I know. Not my idea of the most romantic setting for the fuck of the century!”

Buffy flinched against Spike, her pride was just a little bit wounded by the word ‘fuck’ and all. After all, she was about to give herself to William the Bloody, Master Vampire, yes, but hell, she was the Slayer of the Millenium!

“Okay,” Buffy hissed, “that’s it. I’m leaving!”

She tried to push Spike off of her, but he held firm, “you’re not going anywhere Missy,” he chuckled, holding her down on the sarcophagus, “you are mine. I am yours and that’s the way it is. I’m sorry for using words such as ‘fuck’ and shag with you, but I’m a bad, rude and crude man, okay, vampire here, but I’m a stupid male by nature.

“And,” he mumered, kissing Buffy tenderly, “I’m a total, silly male who is lost in you Summers. Totally lost and crazy arse in love with you. Please don’t be pissed off at me, I’m a fool for you and I am your love’s bitch. If I use the wrong language to profess my undying love and loyalty for you, then please be merciful, fair lady. My senses are blinded by your beauty, your goodness and your…oh fuck it all, I love you and I will never let you go Buffy.”

Buffy giggled uncontrollably, “my senses are blinded by your goodness?” she snorted.

“Good grief, Spike, how good can I be when I’m about to give into you, the ‘Scourge of Europe’ the ‘Big Bad of Southern California’ the ‘Bloody William of the British Invasion’ who makes the Beatles look like a small infestation of musical mop tops that…(okay, Spufette just popped another sinus tab, sorry, I’m rambling) .

“In other words, my Bloody William whatever your name was when you were human, I am not a Saint, I’m a sinner. A very loving and very willing sinner for you, my vampire lover.”

Spike grinned down at his fiance, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (or Layer as the case may be) and wriggled his eyebrows suggestively, “I can’t wait to taste you my little sinner,” he purred again, nipping the bare flesh between her neck and breasts. (I think they call that the chest area).

(Okay, the next few paragraphs go completely around the bend! Consider yourself warned

“Okay,” Buffy sighed again, “but I think we need to let our ‘authoress’ hit the sack and heal up. She has been through the mill today after all.”

Spike looked at Buffy with a confused expression, “what the bloody hell are you talking about,” he asked glancing about nervously.

“I’m saying,” Buffy responded patiently, “that Spufette, the madrigal of all that is Spuffy is exhausted, worn out, emotionally frazzed and can’t seem to pull her act together tonight to finish this hot Spuffy chapter!”

Spike pondered the suggestion of his significant other, Buffy Summers and came to the conclusion that she was right. Spufette is indeed worn out, frazzed and beyond any capable speech much less writing skills this evening. However, being the insecure authoress that I am, I did not want to let another night go by without updating this tale of Spuffy love and the ‘dance’ of the mates.

I promise, ‘right here and now that Spike/Buffy’ in the next chapter, will definitely put the ‘spunk’ in Spuffy! Now, I can’t promise that Scoobies or Giles or even dense, idiotic Riley will be happy about our duo’s mating ritual so, here’s the deal: In the next chapter, Spike and Buffy will mate, claim each other and totally piss of the Politcally Correctness of the Sunnydale populace in general! So, if you want to read about Spuffy sex goodness, then eventually a lot of pissed of Scoobies, Giles and a really pissed off Riley?

Well, then read the next chapter, and the next, and the next and…..Oh, well, anyway, hope your read and review this one! Thanks, Luv, Spuf (PS…Please don’t be mad that I threw in the little monologue of mine into the end of this chapter. I tend to do things like this.)
Chapter 6: 'Claimed!' by spufette
DANCE OF THE MATES


Chapter 6: ‘Claimed’


A/N: A little note here, it might be better if you readers ignored the last chapter (5) that I submitted. I was under the influence of Nyquil and Tylenol Sinus/Cold! Thanks, Luv, S



“You are mine,” Spike growled like a big blonde jungle cat into Buffy’s ear. It sent much pleasant shivers up and down her spine, right to her….

“Absolutely,” she nodded, wide-eyed and very seriously, “and you are mine, too.”

He growled again, a marvelous sound to Buffy, in an all ‘grrr and roary (word?)’ kind of Spike thing that she just realized she adored, immensely.

“Of course I’m yours!” Spike roared loudly as he positioned his shaft between Buffy’s sweet, very wet and tasty little cunny. He had spent the last twenty minutes ‘tasting’ his lovely bride, okay, going down on her as these silly mortals called it. By this time, Spike was more then ready to plunge into her hot depths with his very hard, very eager cock.

“Buffy,” he rasped, looking into her half closed green eyes with complete love and affection, “when I take you, totally take you as mine…” Spike ran his long fingers down Buffy’s soft, warm cheek, “it’s forever, Buffy. For all eternity. Are you sure? Because ‘I am’ Princess, sure that is about this. If you allow me to claim you, accept my claim and return it, then we are bound forever to each other. No going back, luv, never.”

Buffy stared, wide-eyed and hungry at her soon to be mate, “I accept it,” she whispered reverently to Spike.

Without waiting for another heartbeat (hers anyway) Spike plunged into Buffy with a howl and began to pummel her with his quite impressive, hard cock. They rocked together for what seemed like hours, though it had to be only minutes, Spike was murmering the most yummy, nasty and hot things in her ears. All about her hot little, wet cunny and how he was going to shag her into the ground. Make her his woman, forever and ever.

Buffy felt like she was on Cloud 9, and perhaps she really was. All of the doubts and insecurities of the last year faded from her. The horrible night when Angel had seduced her, turned into Angelus and abandoned her.

Next Parker Abrams had cajoled her into sex, too easily, really. Then there was Riley…okay, Riley the fuck ‘who’ Finn? He was supposedly Buffy’s ‘normal’ boyfriend, but the truth was…Buffy would always need a little monster in her man.

Spike, her wonderful, virile, handsome Master Vampire, who was at the moment bringing her, Buffy the Vampire Slayer to her third orgasm, was the monster she needed. In her man that is.

“Oh, fuck, Buffy,” Spike moaned loudly as he began the final rythym that would catapult them both to another orgasm. “Now,” he gasped, “right now, baby.”

He pulled Buffy’s golden hair aside, exposing her luscious neck to his demon. After he wet her soft skin by nibbling her flesh, just above the pulsing point in her neck, he bit down, gently as he could, to draw the small, but necessary amout of her blood into his mouth.

“I love you!” he roared, gleefully, “and you are mine, forever!” Spike began to cum violently, something he expected, of course, but not even he realized to what heights he could go with Buffy. Not until this second, not until right now.

Buffy pulled him desperately to her, cumming along with him, murmering huskily in his ear while he sipped just enough of her blood to form the bond between them.

“Yours!” she gasped wildly.

Just after they had both cum together, before the afterglow of the love making had subsided somewhat, Spike bit his wrist and offerred it to Buffy.

“Return the claim,” he ordered huskily, gazing into her green and golden eyes with lust, love and loyalty.

Buffy stunned him by shaking her head from side to side, “no,” she whispered hoarsely, but quickly pulled his neck to her own mouth. She was strong, was his beautiful little Buffy and it took only a second for Spike to realize what his girl was doing. She was returning the claim, totally, officially and in the vampire way.

Buffy used her blunt, perfect white teeth to bite into his own neck and sip the few drops of his necessary blood to complete the claim they shared.

“Mine!” she rasped, licking his wound with her hot, wet tongue. “Yours, always!” He confirmed as he collapsed down onto Buffy. “My love, my wife,” he murmered into her sweet, wet mouth as he sealed their bond with his kiss.

“Buffy,” Spike whispered lovingly as he spooned her warm little body against his. They were good and married now, in more ways then one and bound together forever.

“Hmmm,” she murmered, turning to face him and snuggling even closer to his body.

“Thank you,” he said shyly, nuzzling her forehead with his.

“For what, baby?” she giggled, stroking his arm with her tiny hand.

“For being here, with me, always. I was so lonely baby,” he explained, “need you so much, love you so much. Thank you.”

She took his face in her tiny hands and kissed his mouth with her sweet lips, “thank you, Spike,” she whispered lovingly. There was just the slightest traces of their blood on each other’s lips.

“Spike,” Buffy sighed, allowing him to cuddle her up as close to him as possible, “what do we do now?”

He chuckled softly as he nuzzled her neck from behind, “well, we could claim each other again.”

Buffy broke out in peals of laughter, shaking wildly, “of course, that’s a given, but I mean,” she tried to calm down, “how do I tell the gang, my Mom that I’m married now. To William the Bloody, no less?”

Buffy raised her left eye mimicing her mate’s favorite habit.

“Well,” he sighed, “we could send out announcements,” Spike smirked and kissed the tip of Buffy’s nose.

“Of course,” Buffy scrunched up her face in deep thought, “my Mom is in LA right now, will be for a week more. She’s on a buying trip for the gallery. Our house is empty and…”

Both of the blonds lay there, thinking for a moment or two then suddenly, they grinned and cried in joyful unison, “Honeymoon!”


A/N: Mmmmm, Honeymoon at 1630 Revello Drive! Okay, after this little interlude between the happy couple, some outside ‘baddies’ will try to come in between them. Hmmm, who could those baddies be? Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 7: 'Honeymoon!' by spufette
DANCE OF THE MATES


Chapter 7: ‘Honeymoon!’


A/N: Uhm, something I forgot to mention before this? In this story, Spike is already chipped by the Initiative and Riley will recognize him as Hostile 17. Too bad, Finn, huh! Luv, Spuf


Spike and Buffy had reluctantly departed the borrowed crypt, well, reluctantly only because they didn’t want to lose their privacy. Not even for a moment, but Buffy’s house was empty and heck, they needed a good Honeymoon get-away, right?

Anyway, they, the newly bonded Slayer and Vampire had fled to the privacy of the Summer’s house, where they could be totally alone for a week and sequestered themselves upstairs in Buffy’s bedroom. Buffy had just finished riding Spike and her into another amazing orgasm, when the phone rang, trying to rudely disturb their afterglow.

“Fuck!” Spike growled, “don’t answer that Buffy, it’ll only be that ponce of a Watcher of yours and…”

Buffy stuck her tiny pink tongue out at him, grinning, and picked up the phone, “hello,” she said evenly while her husband, Spike, tickled her left breast and smirked.

“Buffy, dear,” came Gile’s elegant voice from the other end of the line, “where have you been? We’ve been so concerned that you…”

Buffy cut him off quickly, “I’m fine,” she answered abruptly, “no worries and all that, Giles.”

She scowled at Spike who was making mock evil faces at her and tried to remain somewhat serious while on the phone.

“It’s just that you’ve gone missing for 24 hours, Buffy,” Gile’s said evenly, “I even had Xander and Willow go to search you out. They came back a while ago, worried that you were no where to be found.”

With a roll of her eyes, Buffy stifled a giggle as Spike began to waggle his naughty tongue at her suggestively. He was hovering over her hips with his face but grinning up at her while he made it quite clear just what he had in mind to do to her later.

“I’m fine Giles,” Buffy sighed, “in fact, I’m better then fine. I’m fantastic!”

Spike nodded at her and mouthed, “oh bloody hell yeah, you are that luv,” illiciting a hearty laugh from her.

“Buffy are you high on drugs or something?” Giles asked with a worried tone.

“No, Giles,” Buffy sighed again in frustration this time, “I really mean it, I’m fine. I’ll try and explain everything to you later. Just don’t worry about me, please. We’re at home, doing great and we don’t need anybody bothering us! Okay,” she almost yelled at her Watcher, “I’m on Holiday, get it?”

Gile’s gasp was audible to Buffy even though she was sure he tried to hide it. “Well, yes, Buffy,” the older man finally muttered, “but please call me as soon as you end your vacation. Oh, and what do you mean? We?”

Buffy mumbled a quick ‘sure, goodbye’ and hung up the phone. “Now,” she grinned at her smirking mate who had somehow sidled back up to her chest with his lovely mouth, “where were we?”

Later, after they had renewed their vows together, three more times, Buffy lay in Spike’s arms and sighed in complete contentment. She had never felt so free, so right in her life. Like for the first time ever, she knew who she really was and where she belonged.

Spike was half asleep, snuggled up with his head on her right breast, his arms wrapped possessively about her body. Buffy was stroking his now spikey locks tenderly, staring happily up at her bedroom ceiling, as if seeing it for the first time. Suddenly, she caught sight of her left ring finger and realized that it was totally void of any sign that she was now truly a ‘married’ woman.

Without blinking an eye, Buffy burst out into tears, startling her ‘man’ out of his half sleep. He bolted up and reared back on his haunches, “what!” he cried, glancing about the room in confusion.

Buffy sobbed uncontrollably and shook her head as she pointed at her bare ring finger, “I don’t even have a wedding band,” she cried, heartbroken.

Spike was at a loss, truly. He had been a vampire for over 120 years and had never claimed anyone, human or otherwise, even before he’d been turned.

‘Oh bloody hell,’ he thought in exasperation, ‘you’d think I’d have at least given a ring a thought or two.’ With a scowl, Spike thought a moment or two as he tried to comfort his wife with hugs and sweet words, but to no avail.

Buffy just continued to sob, staring bleakly at the tell tale bare ring finger, then back at him, accusingly.

“I thought you loved me,” she wailed at him.

“I do love you, Princess,” Spike murmered, trying to console her with kisses, “more then unlife or life itself, I just didn’t think…”

Buffy pulled away from him, “yeah, you didn’t think, that’s the problem,” she cried again and buried her head in her pillow.

“There, there, luv,” Spike cooed tenderly, “I’ll get you a ring. A right proper ring that everyone will be just so jealous of. Til then,” he thought a moment, “wear this one.”

Slipping his scull ring off of his right smallest finger, he took her tiny hand in his and placed it lovingly on her left ring finger. “It’s not much, but until I can get a proper band or something it’ll do, right?” He asked hopefully.

Buffy sat up and peered at the enormous silver scull ring on her left finger.

“Oh, Spike,” she cried in delight, her tears immediately halting, “it’s perfect!” She threw her arms about him and pulled his body flush to hers in a vice like grip.

“That’s my girl, then,” he purred proudly, “I love you so, Buffy,” he finished almost shyly.

“I love you Big Bad,” she repeated back to him affectionately.


A/N: Okay, a short, short chapter to just keep the flow of the story. Next chapter, Spike and Buffy’s elopement will become headline news in Sunnydale. How will the gang react? How will Gile’s react, or Joyce for that matter? How will Riley react (who cares, huh)? Thanks for reading, just wanted to keep things a bit light before the ‘angst’ sets in. Please read and review, Luv, Spuf
Chapter 8: 'Ain't Nobody' by spufette
DANCE OF THE MATES



Chapter 8: ‘Ain’t Nobody’


“I want to go dancing,” Buffy piped up suddenly, breaking the sleepy afterglow Spike and her were enjoying. “I want,” she continued, dreamily, “a Wedding Dance, like real wedding couples have. Please, Spike,” she purred, coyly, licking his cool, lovely ear with her little pink tongue.

“Let’s go out and dance, show everyone we’re a couple, huh?” she purred again, quite convincingly.

Spike grinned at his wife as he snuggled her closer to him, “yeah,” he agreed with a nod of his blond head, “a Weddin’ Dance, perfect, sweetheart. We’ll rip this lousy town a new one when we show up, arm and arm to the dance floor. Let’s go to The Bronze, hopefully your pals will be there. What’s a better way to announce our nuptials, eh?”

Buffy giggled happily, “yeah, but first,” she scowled, “we both need a shower.”

Spike rolled his Buffy onto her back, while he straddled atop of her, “yeah, that we do, baby,” he whispered silkily, “but first, we need to renew that claim of ours!”

Two hours later, Buffy and Spike were showered and dressed to the nines. Buffy wore a short, very short, actually, black velvet halter dress with strappy black shoes. Spike wore his patent black jeans, black button down shirt and of coure, his leather duster.

The bride who was more then excited to show off her ‘skull’ wedding band to just everyone in Sunnydale, was giddy and animated. The groom, who was just thrilled to be ushering the most beautiful woman in the world, his wife, Buffy, on his arm, was also nearly giddy and animated.

“Thank you for wearing your hair down, luv,” Spike whispered as he nibbled her neck gently, “it makes me crazy, your golden hair all down around your shoulders.” Buffy just smiled at him coyly.

Once they had arrived at ‘The Bronze’ Spike led Buffy up to the mezzanine on the second floor of the club. He sat on his chair and pulled his wife to sit on his lap, holding her about her waist, possessively.

The waiter smiled warmly as he took their order.

“Champagne,” Spike ordered evenly as he licked Buffy’s neck tenderly, “to celebrate,” he explained. “Buffy and me, I’m Spike Sanders by the way, we got married yesterday, kind of eloped, we did. My bride, who is quite beautiful, don’t you agree waiter?”

Spike glared menacingly at the boy with the order pad. The ‘boy’ just nodded politely and waited to write more, “my wife, Buffy Summers-Sanders and me, we want Champagne. And a wedding song, something slow, so her and I can dance slow, like two married people should. Slow and sensual.”

Spike gave the whelp waiter a $20.00 and a $10.00 bill to speed things up a bit. Waiter boy, scurried off to place the two orders and Buffy snuggled closer to her husband, “when we get home tonight,” she purred huskily, “I intend on rewarding you, very well I might add, for ordering me my wine and my dance!”

Spike chuckled wickedly, “I’ll hold you to that, Princess,” he murmered as he reached up under her dress to feel her inner thigh.

Buffy felt the most wonderful tingly sensation begin to flow through her body as her man, William the Bloody, aka Spike, ran his slim, cool fingers along her left thigh.

“Mmmmm,” she purred as he slipped his long middle finger up and into the side of her little black thong.

“Oh,” he growled hoarsely, “how wet you are my…”

Suddenly, over the microphone from the Bronze stage, came an MC’s announcement:

“The Bronze would like to dedicate this song to the our newlyweds, Buffy Summers and Spike Sanders. A life of happiness!” the young MC grinned as he looked up at the second floor of the club at the happy couple.

Spike stood up, Buffy still in his strong arms and carried her down the stairs to the dance floor. Every other patron of the place, wisely stayed off the dance space to allow the newlyweds their wedding dance, at least for the first couple of verses.






The music began to play and Spike and Buffy began to sway together, so closely entwined that no one could tell where he began and she ended.

‘Music is from Chaka Khan’s Epiphany CD: The Best of Chaka Khan, Volume One

Title is: Ain’t Nobody


‘Captured effortlessly
That’s the way it was
Happened so naturally
I did not know it was love
The next thing I felt was
You holding me close
What was I gonna do?
I let myself go’


“Thank you,” Spike whispered to Buffy huskily, as he ground into her.

“For what?” she batted her green eyes up at him as she returned the gesture.

“For loving me,” he said simply, resting his forehead against hers.

“Likewise,” she purred, pinching his bottom seductively and causing his erection to grow even more.

‘And now we’re flying through the stars
I hope this night will last forever’



‘I’ve been waitin’ for you
It’s been so long
I knew what I would do
When I heard your song
Filled my heart with your bliss
Gave me freedom
You knew I could not resist’


“I have been waiting, you know,” Spike murmered into her warm, little ear softly, “since forever, I’ve been waiting for you Buffy.”

She began to weep, quietly, tears of happiness, “me too,” she rasped softly back, “for you I mean.”

By now, the couple had each other in a mutual vice like grip and if they had been alone, they would surely both be naked, prone and making love together like it was the first time for them.


‘And now we’re flyin’ through the stars
I hope this night will last forever
Oh, oh, oh, oh

Chorus:

‘Ain’t nobody
Loves me better
Makes me happy
Makes me feel this way
Ain’t nobody
Loves me better then you’


‘I wait for night time to come
And bring you to me
Can’t believe I’m the one
I was so lonely
I feel like no one could feel
I must be dreamin’
I want this dream to be real
I need this feelin’

I make my wish upon a star
And hope this night will last forever

Chorus:


By this verse, some other couples had come onto the dance floor to revel in their own private happiness of love. But, Buffy and Spike didn’t see them, they only saw each other and their future together.


‘And first you put your arms around me
Then you put your charms around me
I can’t resist the sweet surrender
Oh, my nights are warm and tender
We stare into each other’s eyes
And what we see is no surprise
Got a feeling most would treasure
And a love so deep we cannot measure’


‘Ain’t nobody
Loves me better
Makes me happy
Makes me feel this way
Ain’t nobody
Loves me better then you’


“I love you,” Spike murmered as he leaned in to kiss his Buffy, hungrily.

“Love you too,” Buffy echoed back to him as she returned his greedy kisses with her own.

From in back of them, Buffy heard familiar voices. They varied in emotions of shock, anger and congratulations.

“My eyes! I’m blind!” Buffy heard Xander Harris scream.

“I swear,” Willow cried honestly, “I haven’t done anymore spells, honest I haven’t.”

Riley Finn’s booming voice yelped, “Buffy what the hell is going on? What the hell are you doing with Hostile 17?”

It was Oz, the part time wolf boy whose tone was warm and understanding, “congratulations Buffy, Spike,” the red-headed young man said kindly.


A/N: The next chapter will be longer, I promise. This was just the warm up to some future angst. Someone is going to call Gile’s and even though her friends think they know what is best for her, Buffy and Spike will be hurt, terribly by their actions. Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 9: 'Celebration' by spufette
DANCE OF THE MATES


Chapter 9: ‘Celebration’



“Congratulations, Spike, Buffy,” Oz repeated sincerely, “you make a great couple.”

Spike shook the wolfboy’s hand, earnestly, while Buffy just blushed and giggled in happiness, her slim arms thrown about her husband’s body.

“Oh for the love of Zeus!” the whelp, Xander Harris, cried in frustration, “don’t encourage these two, Oz,” he hissed angrily.

“This is just a spell, it’s gotta’ be,” Xander yelped as he looked at Riley, Buffy’s ex-whatever he was.

“No spell,” Spike growled at Harris, “Buffy and me, we’re good and married, claimed each other. It’s a done deal, whelp, so back off or I’ll…”

Buffy tsked Spike, affectionately, kissed his cheek tenderly, then glared at Xander first, then Captain Cardboard, or, Riley that is.

“It’s no spell, Xand,” she repeated her husband’s words clearly, “Spike and me, we are married. In the demon world and in ours. It was a mutual claim, unbreakable, eternal. So,” Buffy smiled charmingly at Xander, Willow and Riley, “get over it. Slayer’s off the market and hitched.”

Spike grinned widely and pulled Buffy to him, his arms wrapped possessively around her tiny waist.

Buffy looked up, adoringly, into Spike’s indigo blue eyes and allowed him to kiss her, deeply on the mouth. She and Spike seemed to forget that there was anyone around them, especially her best friends and her ex-whats-his-name, oh yeah, Riley Finn.

Oz, dear, loyal and understanding Oz, chuckled loudly, “it’s all right, Wills,” he assured his girlfriend, “I know all about Vampire claims and all. I’m telling you, it is mutual, they’re in love and ‘are’ truly married. You’ll all just have to accept it, believe me. I know what I’m talking about here.”

Xander groaned loudly, “oh shit, I’m gonna’ hurl,” he exclaimed.

“I need a drink,” Willow murmered, “a lot of drinks, really.”

Riley just stood and stared, open mouthed at his ex-girlfriend and this demon piece of shit that had claimed her. Finally, the tall, dark-haired man spoke, “Buffy, you can’t be serious. This has to be a mistake, this is a fucking vampire for God’s sake…”

Spike stopped kissing Buffy, leaving her to gasp at the loss of contact with his mouth.

“Mind your bloody mouth in front of my lady, you bloody ponce,” Spike growled a warning at Riley. “And get the hell out of our faces, we’re celebrating here.”

With that, Spike went back to the pleasant task of ‘celebrating’ with his Buffy by kissing her, passionately.

“This isn’t over, demon, Buffy, not by a long shot!” Riley hissed as he stormed off to join Xander and the rest at a nearby table.

“Time to go home, continue the celebration there, Princess,” Spike whispered seductively into his wife’s sweet, soft, yummy ear.

“Yes, you’re right,” Buffy murmered back, snuggling up even closer to him, “besides, I don’t like the atmosphere, here, any more. Too crowded and unmixy for our celebration.”

She giggled, a delightful sound to Spike and broke away from him, just long enough to lead him out of the Bronze and home. As the couple passed the table of Buffy’s ‘friends’ Spike’s Buffy waved at the group, cheerfully, “have fun,” she crowed to them.

“We certainly will,” she laughed saucily as she grinned at Spike, lovingly.

“God, I love you,” Spike growled lowly, his arms wrapped, once more, about her tiny waist as he followed Buffy outside and home.

“I’ll show you how much I love you,” she wiggled in his arms, “once we get home.”


(I will now be writing some of the story from Oz’s point of view. It is necessary, a third person POV, to get the plot right. Thanks)

The five young people sat at the Bronze table, three of them appeared to be in shock, while the other two were quite non-chalant about the whole Spuffy marriage and all.

“Oh, for crap’s sake, Harris,” Anya Jenkins, Xander’s girlfriend was grumbling, “get over it. Like Oz here says, Buffy and Spike seem to love each other. Quit being such a damn baby!”

Xander looked at his girlfriend as if she’d grown two heads, “but honey,” he whimpered, “she’s the Slayer, she kills demons. Doesn’t marry them, for God’s sake.”

Oz sat, deep in thought as he watched his own girlfriend, Willow’s, reaction to the whole situation. What he saw disturbed him, deeply

“We need to call Giles,” Willow piped up, nervously, “see what he thinks. Although, I’m pretty sure he’ll be as upset as us. Maybe he knows a way to break this bondy/claimy thingy between Buffy and Spike. He ‘was’ into that kind of magical thing, back in College that is. I remember when he…”

“Wills,” Oz whispered lowly, but very seriously, “you don’t want to do that, any of you. I swear, baby, it’s between Spike and Buffy, let it go. You, none of you,” and the red-haired wolfboy glared at each of the people at the small table, in turn, “none of you know what you’re talking about, or what you’re doing in this. I know about these things, I swear, I do and if any of you get involved with breaking this claim, or try and get between Spike and Buffy or their bond, you’ll all be sorry. Take my word for it.”

Anya sighed in exasperation, “Oz is right, Xander, Willow. This claim thing, it’s all important in the demon world, nothing can break it. Well, maybe some big deal magic could break it, but you so don’t want to get mixed up in that kind of crap. Besides, the only reason you’re pissed, Harris,” Anya glared at her boyfriend, “is because of your obsession with Buffy. It’s positively juvenile and ridiculous. Willow, you’re just going along with Xander because he’s your so called best buddy. Get over it already, both of you. And Riley, Buffy never loved you anyway, I doubt if she even liked you that much. Move on, already.”

Everyone at the table, even Oz just stared at the ex-demon girl, open mouthed.

“Just how the hell do either of you know about these demon claims, or bonds or whatever bull shit they’re supposed to mean,” hissed Riley Finn at Anya and Oz.

“We know,” Oz growled back evenly enough, “just take our word for it soldier boy. None of you want to try any hocus pocus crap on Spike and Buffy, period. They’re in love, period. This claim of theirs’ is so strong, even I can see that. Do not ‘try’ and come between them. Willow, I swear to God, you’ll be sorry if you get involved in any magic Giles scheme to keep Spike and Buffy apart. You’ll end up destroying both of them. Please, please believe me.”


‘Meanwhile back at 1630 Revello Drive’


“So, what do you want to do now?” Buffy asked Spike coquettishly.

Spike growled and flipped his naked wife onto her back, against the bed, “more of this,” he moaned against her mouth as he prepared to thrust back into her wet center.

The shrill ring of the phone broke their bonding, “leave that fucking thing to ring,” Spike ordered Buffy, “or I’ll pull the bloody phone out of the wall and throw it into the middle of the street!”

Buffy gave her husband a mock look of fear, “oh pulease,” she giggled, “like you scare me, Mr. Big Bad, I’ll just see who’s calling, it might be my Mom.”

Buffy picked up the receiver and immediately heard Gile’s booming voice, literally screaming from the other end.

“Can you hear this,” she whispered to Spike, knowing full well he must be able to. The vampire nodded in exasperation and flopped back down on the bed with a groan.

“Don’t humans respect Honeymoons, at all, anymore?” he groaned in frustration.

“Buffy!” Giles screamed again to get his Slayer’s attention, “what in the world are you doing? At your home, with that, that thing you’ve gone and married? Are you insane, girl?”

Buffy rolled her eyes and giggled again, especially when Spike sat back up and began to tickle her rib cage, gently.

“I’m enjoying my Honeymoon, Giles,” she chuckled back at the Watcher, while Spike ran his wonderful lips, lightly, across her right shoulder.

“Buffy,” Gile sighed loudly, “you simply cannot be married to a vampire, period. This is just…”

Buffy snapped, right then, “well, I am married to a vampire, Giles,” she exclaimed matter-of-factly, “and do not start with the whole ‘duty, honor, Watcher’s Council, routine of crap.’ I’ve given the last four years of my life to this whole ‘save the world’ scene and I’m tired of it. I’ll continue to fight the good fight, no problem, but get this…I am married, to William the Bloody, aka Spike Saunders. You don’t like it, I get that. Tough. The rest of the gang, they can go take a flying…”

Spike began to chuckle, God but he loved his woman, Buffy. What a tough little thing she was. However, he’d had enough with all of these naysayers putting her and him down about their love for each other.

Spike grabbed the phone and took on his most menacing tone, “Watcher? Get this straight, Buffy and me. We ‘are’ married. Because we want to be, we love each other and nothing is going to break our bond together. Like Buffy says, you don’t like it, too bloody bad. But I’m warning you Watcher, any of you, your little lap dogs, that fucking Council you answer to, you can all go fuck yourselves. Any of you try and come between Buffy and me, including that bastard, Finn, this chip they stuck in my brain won’t mean a fucking thing. I’ll risk a migraine, hell, I’ll risk an aneurysm to protect my wife, and me.”

He slammed the phone down before anyone could say another thing.

“That went well, don’t you think?” Buffy giggled at Spike with a roll of her eyes.

“Quite well, really,” Spike nodded, contented to just have been able to ‘vocalize’ a threat once again.

“Anyway,” Buffy pouted, “where were we?”

Spike pulled her down to the bed and rolled on top of her, just putting his weight on her, to hold her down, a little.

“I think,” he purred in her ear, “that we were right, about here.” He thrust into her, crushing his lips onto hers.


A/N: This is the last chapter that I had previously written. Now I can get on with the plot. The next chapter, it will get angstsy, at least kind of. Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 10: 'Patroling Together' by spufette
DANCE OF THE MATES


Chapter 10: ‘Patroling Together’


A/N: I’m going to go forward with this fic, even though I’ve had a problem with writer’s block. Sometimes, I’m tempted to just end my fics on a happy, perfect Spuffy ending, but then I think, no.

I owe it to the readers to add some angst in the tale, then make everything all right again!?!





“I have got to go out tonight, baby,” Buffy was telling her mate, Spike, the reluctance in her voice was more then obvious. “I have to patrol, for a lot of reasons.”

Spike, aka William the Bloody, frowned, slightly at his mate’s words. “Why the bloody hell to you ‘have’ to do anything for those fucks at the Council?” he asked, his frustration was evident.

They, the couple that is, were lying in bed, naked, as usual, alone in the big house on Revello Drive. For five full days and nights, the duo had done nothing but made love, eat order out food, made love, take showers together, made love, field stupid phone calls from the Scoobies and oh yeah, made love.

“If I go out, well, you and me together, go out and patrol,” Buffy sighed as she snuggled against her ‘man,’ lovingly, “then maybe I can hold Giles and the gang at bay. For a while longer, you know? They are so not going to let this go, baby,” she pouted up at her vampire.

“You know,” Spike leered down at his girl. “When you pout like that, baby, makes me feel all manly and tingly inside. Gonna’ get that pouty little plump bottom lip of yours, sweet.”


Buffy giggled, delighting Spike to no end. He rolled over on top of her, once more, and began to kiss her, endlessly, his greedy mouth was everywhere at once.

“Come on,” Buffy whined, quite unconvincingly, “I’m serious. If you and me go out tonight, make a quick patrol and cover the three SunnyD cemetaries, then how can Giles or anyone stay pissed for too long? Besides,” Buffy pouted again, purposely, “you know you want a spot of violence, don’t you baby?”

Spike grinned down at his mate, with a very convincing evil grin, he hoped anyway. “Yeah,” he purred, running his slim fingers up his woman’s thigh, “a spot of violence is just what I need.”

Buffy chuckled lowly and urged her mate’s hand up into her wet center between her thighs. “Okay,” she purred herself in response, “let’s make with the lovin’ now, we’ll do the violence a little later.”

Later, hand in hand, the Master Vampire and Chosen Slayer, walked through the last cemetary of the night, patrolling together. Spike never felt so ‘alive’ in his entire existence, either as a human or vampire. He couldn’t help but stare at his beautiful woman, his soul mate.

“Thought we might take a trip somewhere,” Spike spoke up, breaking his and Buffy’s comfortable silence. “Maybe head over to England, my homeland and see some sights. What do you say, Princess?” he asked hopefully.

Buffy stopped walking for a moment and seemed to ‘think’ about his proposition. She sighed deeply, then took up her step again, still holding her Spike’s hand.

“I’d love to,” she finally admitted in a soft, girlish voice. “But, I’m not sure the Council, or Giles would approve. Much as I hate it, sweetie,” and here, Buffy stoppped again. She reached up and ran her warm, tiny hand down Spike’s chiseled cheek, “I’m thinking that the Council is not going to allow us to be too contented in our lives together. In fact,” she scowled, her brows were bunched together in thought, “I’m sure that if I leave Sunnydale, with you, of course, that the Council will come after both of us. Like a pack of freaking dogs!”

Spike nodded, signaling his compliance in the matter, but he held his tongue. ‘I’ve no intention of letting anyone ‘come’ after us, baby,’ he assured his Buffy, silently. ‘I will protect you, my love, my mate, until the end of time. And we will leave this fucking dump of a city, soon. Get you away from this prison you’re in, or my name isn’t William ‘the Bloody’ Jameson.

A quick smile appeared on Spike’s face, he felt it and nearly blushed from it. He had not referred to himself as ‘Jameson’ his human last name in over a hundred and twenty years. For some reason, the thought of using that name now, he and Buffy using it, pleased him to no end.

“Not much going on, huh?” Buffy muttered as she looked about the Hollydale Cemetary, quickly. “I guess demons everywhere are on alert. The Slayer is mated to the fiercest, most vicious Master Vampire in history?” Buffy grinned at Spike, noticing his pleased expression at her ‘compliments.’

“Yeah, baby,” Spike gushed, truly flattered by his wife’s words, “the other demon losers know better then to mess with my girl. My Slayer is with me now. Can’t any of them touch you or they’ll feel the wrath of Spike, the Scourge of Europe, the Big Bad of Southern California the…..”

He whipped about and pulled Buffy flush up to his body. Spike knew she could feel his ‘need’ for her down below and he ground into her cunny. The heat of her wet core poured out to him, even beneath her tight jeans she wore.

“Let’s go home,” he moaned into her ear as she reciprocated the grinding motion between his legs.

“Oh yeah,” she giggled, “lets.”

Spike leaned in to kiss his bride, passionately, when suddenly, he felt a sharpe, painful prick in his left thigh. He began to protest, verbally, when everything about him began to fade to black. As he tried to fight the overwhelming dizzyness that encompassed him, Spike saw Buffy’s stunned expression. It was a mix of shock, confusion and fear.

“Buffy,” Spike groaned as he fell backwards, unable to stay awake any longer.

“Spike!” Buffy screamed out, suddenly hit with a sharpe, painful prick in her right thigh.

Before she blacked out and fell completely on the ground, Buffy heard a familiar set of voices behind her and Spike.

“Told you we’d find them here,” Xander Harris crowed smugly.

“I hope we’re doing the right thing,” Buffy heard her beloved Willow say.

“Of course this is right,” Giles stated matter-of-factly, “Buffy’s under some kind of thrall of Spike’s. Has to be. We are merely saving her.”

“Leave that piece of demon shit, Spike, out here,” came Riley’s booming voice, “let the sunrise burn him to toast.”

Buffy felt herself swaying and somehow, she positioned her body over her mate, Spike’s already fallen form. She couldn’t be sure, but after she had stumbled on his apparently still form, Buffy could swear that she heard her Spike whisper, “I love you,” to her. Then, she passed out.


A/N: Short chapter. I wanted to get the story flowing again. This is the angst I alerted readers about earlier. Please read and review. Thanks, Luv, Spuf
Chapter 11: 'Surprising Allies' by spufette
DANCE OF THE MATES


Chapter 11: ‘Surprising Allies’


Spike began to wake up, slowly, he had to be, he figured. The pitch blackness he’d experienced for who knows how long, was now lessening and giving way to a semi-brighter light.

His head was pounding, for whatever reason and he certainly knew it wasn’t because of an alcohol induced hangover. Spike hadn’t drank anything, booze wise, for days. He’d been to busy making love to his wife.

‘Buffy!’ he thought, frantically, ‘where is she!’

Finally, he could open his eyes and realized he was in his own crypt, safe. Well, probably not really safe, but at least he was inside, not exposed to the deadly rays of the sun. Spike sensed that indeed, the sun had risen, some time ago, outside. He also sensed that he was not alone in his crypt.

“Morning sleeping beauty,” came a somewhat familiar, male voice from over on his old, beat up sofa. “This is ‘your’ crypt, right man?” Oz asked with a smirk.

“As if anyone else would live here,” the red-haired wolfboy chuckled slightly.

“How?” Spike groaned out, “or should I ask why” He glanced around the crypt, confirming that it was only he and this Oz bloke there.

“Found you, knocked out, outside on the grass,” Oz motioned to the door of the crypt. “Figured I’d better get you inside, before the sunrise greeted you and you went bye bye.”

“Thanks,” Spike mumbled, grogrily. Then he sat straight up, his eyes wide in fear.

“Buffy! Where’s my Buffy?” he screamed, “who took her and where?”

“Calm it down, friend,” Oz ordered firmly, “I ‘think’ I know where they took Buffy. I ‘know’ who took her and why. But you can’t do anything about it, not just yet, sunlight, remember?”

Spike pulled himself up from the ground and stumbled over to his makeshift fridge. He pulled out some pig’s blood and began to rip the bag open with his teeth. Pausing, he turned to look at his would be savior, who still sat, silently watching Spike.

“Those fucked friends of hers, right?” Spike growled to Oz. “They took my Buffy away, didn’t they?”

Oz eyed Spike, almost warily, taking in the vampire’s furious expression and feeling the anger just radiate off his powerful body. The red-head sighed, then nodded slowly.

“Yes,” Oz confirmed what Spike already knew, “I’m pretty sure it was Giles, Harris and I’m afraid, my girl, too, Willow. Tried to talk them out of this, thought I’d gotten to Wills, but….”

Spike’s blue eyes were narrowed into slits, especially when Oz added, “I think Finn’s with them, too. This whole ‘operation’ of theirs smacks of the Initiative.”

“WHAT!” Spike roared, crushing the bag full of pig’s blood, spewing the contents everywhere.

“If that fucking soldier boy screws around with my wife, I’ll….” Spike growled like an animal.

“No,” Oz shook his head, firmly, “it’s not about that. That much I know. It’s about finding a way to break this claim of yours, between you and Buffy. Like I said,” the usually quiet wolfboy mumbled, “I tried to explain the seriousness of the claim. Make my girl, at least, understand that it’s permenant, unbreakable and mutual. Willow, much as I love her, is a follower. She’s loyal to Buffy, yes, and to me. But she’s loyal to Harris and Giles too, totally dedicated to this ‘slayer’ cause and all.”

“Then how do they expect to break Buffy’s and my claim?” Spike asked, trying to calm down long enough to figure out a plan. “If you told Red that the claim is unbreakable?”

Oz cringed slightly, Spike noticed, “Willow,” he sighed, “she thinks she’s the next Witch of the Year canidate. I guess Giles and Harris, and Finn have talked her into to trying to use magic to break the claim. Some stupid spell or something. Willow even went so far to contact a powerful witch friend of hers, Tara McClay. Don’t worry,” Oz quickly assured Spike, “Tara called me, right after she hung up with Wills. Apparently, Tara McClay understands the nature of demon claims, much more so then my Wills does. She refused to help Willow, or the others.”

Spike flopped down on the old, matching, beat up chair, across from Oz. He buried his head in his hands and groaned loudly. “Then why take Buffy? Where did they take her?”

“I’m guessing that the gang of idiots are going to try some magical spell anyway, themselves. Well, or get my Wills to do it. Harris and Giles have convinced Willow that it’s for the best, as far as Buffy’s concerned. As to where they took Buffy? My guess would be to the Watcher’s place, Giles’ house. After all, ‘you’ have an open invitation into Buffy’s Mother’s home, so…..”

“Bloody hell!” Spike roared again, his temper rearing it’s ugly head. “If they hurt her, I’ll….”

“I don’t think they’ll hurt Buffy, Spike,” Oz assured him quietly, “not on purpose, anyway. But,” the red-haired man paused, thoughtfully, “I also don’t think that any of them, Wills included realize just what they’re doing. I know, as I’m sure you do, that if they keep Buffy and you apart, for any length of time, you’ll both die. I mean ‘really die’ without each other’s companionship.”

Spike gave Oz a surprised look, shocked that the bloke knew so much about vampire claims. As if he could read Spike’s mind, Oz clued him in on some of his own, personal facts.

“I am what I am, Spike,” Oz explained with a shrug. “I am part wolf, well, for a couple of nights a month.” The red-head grinned at the vampire, “being a wolf and occasionally running in a family pack. Yes, Spike, my entire family has this curse, but anyway, I know about wolf/demon lore and traditions. We, wolves that is, bonding claims mean as much to us as they do to vampires. It’s that simple,” Oz shrugged again.

“So, you understand,” Spike whispered, still stunned by Oz’s admission. “About Buffy and me, how much we love and need each other?”

“Completely,” Oz nodded, seriously.

“Willow and me,” Oz continued, “we had a date last night. At least, we were supposed to. She called at the last minute and cancelled, came up with some lame excuse that I saw right through. I stopped by the Summers’ home, realized you two were both gone and figured out you’d gone patroling together. Checked out the two other graveyards in town before I made it here, to yours. I found you, Buffy was already gone.”

“Thanks again, mate,” Spike nodded at Oz, “for saving my arse and trying to help Buffy and me.”

“No problem,” Oz shrugged again, a habit of his, “I understand you and Buffy, your bond, totally. Buffy, she accepted me, right off, even after she found out I myself was part demon. She loves Willow like a sister, so, she took me into the gang, for my girl’s sake. That’s why I want to help you guys, Spike, for Buffy’s sake. To thank her. I know you two love each other.”

“I’ve got to come up with a fucking plan!” Spike stated, rather loudly. “A real genious of a plan to get my baby back,” he lit a cigarette quickly and thought for a moment.

“No offense,” Oz interjected, cautiously, “but I’ve heard that your so called plans don’t work out so well, you know?”

Spike shot Oz an evil grimmace, to which the red-head just shrugged again. “Only bein’ honest man,” Oz responded.

“Of course, you can’t go anywhere, or do anything until sundown, so you might as well kick it and plot all day.” Oz leaned forward on the sofa and scrunched up his own brows. “Thought I’d go take a look see at Giles’ place, make sure I’m right about where the fools took Buffy. Try and find out what they are really up to and how they’re going to break this claim. Or try and break it, anyway. I just can’t seem to get it into any of their thick skulls that a mutual bonding claim is unbreakable, period.”

Oz sighed again and stood up from the sofa. He began to stroll about Spike’s upper crypt and look at things setting about, leaving the vampire to think, in silence.

“Nice guitar, dude,” Oz opined, honestly, scanning the beautiful instrument on a dusty, mangled looking table.

“No way!” Oz suddenly yelped, excitedly, “no fucking way!”

He turned to Spike, who had jumped up from the chair, momentarily stunned by Oz’s loud outburst.

“Is this really Eric Clapton’s autograph on this guitar?” Oz asked excitedly, pointing to the name written on the back.

“Yeah,” Spike responded, sheepishly, “met him in London. Years ago, back in the 70’s actually. Admired him and all. And before you ask, yes, Clapton gave me that guitar, believe it or not. Of course, he’s pretty astute, old Eric, realized I was a vampire right off.”

Oz grinned and set the guitar back on the table, reverently.

“There is something to be said for being around in ‘unlife’ for so many years, huh?” Oz chuckled and turned to leave the crypt.

“I’ll get back to you, soon,” the wolfboy nodded at Spike. “Please, man, just sit tight, really. You won’t do Buffy or yourself any good if you take off, run out into the sunlight and dust yourself. Tonight, I’ll be back here, go with you to Giles house. I just hope all this won’t be necessary. I hope I’ve talked some sense into my Wills before that.”

With that, Oz left Spike alone in his crypt. Spike flopped back down on his sofa, feeling completely alone and helpless.

“I’ll find you baby,” he mumbled to the empty, dank air about him. “And when I rescue you, my sweet,” he continued with a growl, “I’ll fucking rip those bastards’ throats out, the ones that took you. Chip or no chip.”




Buffy had been awake for at least an hour or nearly two. When she woke up, she immediately recognized her Watcher’s guest bedroom. However, she did not recognize the ropes and chains that held her, securely, tied to the four poster bed.

“God dammit!” Buffy had howled, angrily as she pulled at the ropes and chains. “I’m gonna’ so kill them, all of them for this,” she hissed loudly.

“Buff?” came Willow’s timid voice from the bedroom door. “You okay?”

Buffy gave her so called ‘best friend’ an angry glare. “Hardly, Willow,” she hissed at the red-head, “but I could be okay. Just undo these ropes and take whatever mumbo jumbo spell you’ve concocted on me. In other words, Wills…..get me the fuck out of here!”

Willow, to her credit, began to cry, softly. “I, I can’t, Buff,” she stuttered nervously. “Giles and Xander say this is for the best. For you, Buff. They told me that I’m only helping you break free of Spike’s thrall over you. I only want to help you, sweetie, honest.”

Buffy slammed her head back on the pillow below it, growling in frustration. She thought for a moment, then finally responded to Willow.

“I am not under some thrall of Spike’s,” she hissed at Willow. “I’m bonded to him, happily. Spike and me, we are married, Wills. Married to each other! Why the hell can’t you nut jobs get that?”

“Because it’s not true,” came Riley’s voice from the bedroom door. “It can’t be, baby,” he whined as he joined Willow at Buffy’s bedside.

“So do not call me ‘baby’ Riley,” Buffy growled at Riley this time. “I’m not your baby. I’m Spike’s ‘baby’ and always will be. He’s my mate and…..”

Riley smirked, smugly, “don’t think so, Buff,” he looked straight at her. “By now, lover boy is burnt toast, outside of his own crypt. He’ll learn to take my girl from me and…..”

Buffy tried to sit straight up again, pulling desperately at the chains on her arms and legs.

‘It’s not true,’ Buffy assured herself, frantically. ‘If my mate was dead, or dead again, that is, I’d know it. Feel it.”

The Slayer smiled, oddly, realizing that her mate, William the Bloody, was indeed still unalive and safe, for the moment that is.

Buffy turned her hateful glare back at both Riley and Willow, she nearly bared her teeth at these two so called friends of hers.

“When I get out of here,” she began with a low, gutteral growl, “when Spike and me are reunited?” Buffy grinned, pretty evilly for a ‘Chosen’ one, that is. “I am so going to kick all of your respective asses,” Buffy continued with her threat. “This isn’t a threat kids,” she hissed, using one of Spike’s patent smirks. “For me and my mate, Spike. Consider this a promise.”


A/N: Quick chapter, somewhat. Wanted to bring Oz back into the mix and reveal his purpose in the fic. Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 12: 'Save Me!' by spufette
DANCE OF THE MATES


Chapter 12: ‘Save Me!’


“Ten minutes or so and counting,” Spike growled as he stood by his crypt door. It was less then ten minutes until the sun would drop, conveniently, into the horizon just past the Pacific Ocean. He, Spike, he had not seen that sun, or felt it’s warmth on his body in over one-hundred and twenty years. No, he’d only began to feel the joy and pleasure of it’s warmth, once again, when he had mated with his Slayer, his mate, his wife, Buffy.

“Buffy is my sun,” Spike whispered, his unbeating heart suddenly feeling very much ‘alive’ and painfully breaking.

Now fools who had no concept of what Buffy and he shared together had taken her from him. Left him to perish in heartbreak and death from the lack of his Buffy’s nearness.

“I’m coming for you,” Spike growled to the evening air, even if he could not yet stand in it. “I’ll be there, soon, baby,” he hissed his promise to his mate. ‘If they’ve harmed you,’ Spike thought, suddenly frightened at the possibility that those fucking morons had hurt his mate. Even in ignorance, it was a possibility, on the Watcher’s part, even the whelp’s and Red’s. Finn was a fucking idiot, so there was no telling what his jealous state might unleash on poor Buffy.

“I’ll rip their throats out, one-by-one, sweetheart,” he began to vocalize his threats to his missing wife. “If they’ve harmed you, or made you less then you are, less mine, or in any way, I’ll massacre them. I don’t give a fuck if I have a permenant migraine from it!”

Spike had already began to feel the effects of being seperated from his Buffy. His whole body was starting to shake, in pain and loss of her nearness. He knew she had to be feeling the same way and it nearly killed him, again.

“Gotta’ stay focused,” he told himself, constantly. “I have got to stay together and get to her, fast. Get her out of that nightmare. Fucking friends of hers, they got no idea what they’ve done. To both of us.”

Spike suddenly sensed the wolfboy, Oz, at his crypt door. He backed away from the heavy doors and bade the red-haired demon into his home.

“Spike,” Oz panted, apparently out of breath from running to the cemetary, “Buffy. They do have her at Giles. She’s like tied and chained up, under some kind of ‘holding spell’ of Willow’s. My baby, Wills, she’s put some kind of barrier around the Watcher’s crib, made it invicible to vampires, you in particular.”

“NO!” Spike roared his anger. He tried to get past Oz, who was now standing guard at the crypt door, but the part wolf stopped him. Surprisingly, this Oz was quite strong, even though vampires were usually the toughest of the demon world.

“It’ll be sunset, in less then five, man, come on. You wanna’ go out and burn up like toast?” Oz had Spike by his arm. The red-head just shook his head, somewhat frustrated himself. “Just wait, for five minutes, dude. I’ll go with you, to Giles place. I tried to talk some sense into Willow, again. But…..”

Oz sighed, his head hung down in defeat. “I’ve thought about ‘claiming’ Willow, myself,” the red-haired man shook his head sadly. “But after this? She has no clue as to what this would mean for us…for Wills and me The sanctity and commitment involved in it.”

Spike realized, somewhat in awe, that Oz truly loved Red, without hesitation. Just like he, Spike, loved Buffy. Only, sadly, the little witch, Willow, might never be able to commit herself, wholly to this love sick half-demon, Oz.

“Sorry mate,” Spike whispered, honestly. “Guess I’m so wrapped up in trying to save my love, Buffy, that I forgot about your feelings for your girl, in this mess.”

Oz shrugged, non-chalanty, but Spike knew the poor guy was in emotional pain.

“Red,” Spike began carefully, “your girl is young yet, mate. She’ll grow up and see the world, make her own choices, yes?”

The red-haired young ‘man’ responded with a sad, half-smile, “my Willow is the same age as your Buffy,” Oz pointed out. “She ‘is’ grown,” he added with a smirk.

“Not really,” Spike shook his blond head, somberly, “Buffy was born older then anyone. She had to be, she’s the Chosen One. Slayers don’t get a real carefree teenage time. They’re older, wiser beyond their years. Truth is, Oz,” Spike thought out loud, “Buffy was meant to mate young. I believe that. Thank God,” here the vampire cringed, just a tad at the ‘Omnipresent One’s name. “Thank God,” he repeated, almost nervously, “that it was me that the Power’s that Be decided my Buffy was to mate with.”





Oz smiled, sadly at Spike, “it’s cool, Spike,” he finally smiled slightly. “Maybe Willow will be able to understand, someday. Maybe even after this is all over with and all?”


“Sun’s gone, mate,” Spike pointed out the obvious with determination, “let’s go.”

“Giles,” Buffy was talking the most calm, rational voice she could muster, “please, call this off.”

She had been pleading with Giles, Willow, clueless Xander and yes, even her fucking ex-boyfriend, Riley, for hours. To no avail, unfortunately.

‘God, Spike, come save me. Come for me, baby,’ although she knew her silent pleading was unneccessary. Buffy had no doubt her beloved mate would come for her, soon. However, the problem was, how would Spike save her? She was already feeling the effects of being seperated from her mate and they were not pretty.

“Maybe we should gag her,” Xander offered, seriously.

Everyone in the room, Riley included gave poor Xander an incredulous look.

“We are so not going to gag Buffy,” Willow stammered nervously, “I can’t let you guys to that to her. This is bad enough.”

The witch stared over at her probably ex-best friend and sighed, audibly. “I hate this, Giles, Xander,” Red muttered, her voice was ragged with lack of sleep and perhaps earlier tears. “Oz says…..”

“He doesn’t know what the fuck he’s talking about,” Riley growled loudly.

“Hey, don’t say fuck in front of Wills,” Xander whined, coming to stand in front of the Initiative soldier. “I don’t agree with Oz, about this claim crap and all, either, but you don’t have to talk filthy in front of Willow, or Buffy for that matter.” Harris seemed to stand up to Riley, facing off with him and defiant.

“Sorry,” Riley mumbled under his breath. Then he left the room completely.

“How long does this barrier spell last Willow?” Giles asked the witch, unable to even look at his Slayer by now. “Spike is very much unalive, that much we know and he will ‘not’ just let this go. He’ll be here within minutes of the sun going down and I do not feel like taking on a Master Vampire, especially without my Slayer.”

“I am so not ‘your’ Slayer, Giles, not anymore,” Buffy hissed from the bed. “And I might remind you that ‘I’ am still in the room. Do not talk around me like I’m some five-year-old errant child. It’s just going to add to the ass kicking you’re all going to receive from my mate and me. Once I’m out of this mess. Which will be soon, I assure you,” she grinned, smugly at the three so called friends left in the room.

Xander eyed Buffy, nervously, “she’s right,” he mumbled lowly, “if we don’t break this stupid claim of theirs? Buffy and Spike will wipe up Sunnydale with our collective asses when this is over. Just how long ‘does’ the barrier spell, on the Blond Wonder, Spike, work, Wills?”

‘He sounds terrified,’ Buffy thought, taking wicked delight in her ex-friend’s fear. ‘Good! I hope they all have nervous breakdowns after this. Serves them right!”

“He’s here,” Buffy gasped in delight, already feeling the positive affects of Spike’s nearness. “My mate’s here!” She would have clapped her tiny hands in delight, that is if she could have.

Moments later, loud arguing could be heard from downstairs in Giles’ living room.

“Get out!” Riley was screaming at Oz, who for once, was anything but quiet and reserved.

“Fuck off, soldier boy,” Oz growled, loud enough for the people upstairs to hear. In fact, Oz truly ‘growled’ the next time, kind of like a wolf fighting over his territory.

“Willow!” Oz came bursting into the room, nearly yelling. “Get that damn barrier spell off from around this house! Spike’s here to take his mate home and you need to all pull your heads out of your asses about this!”

“We, we can’t baby,” Willow mumbled, weakly, “I haven’t been able to break the claim thingy yet and….”

“And you never will!” Oz finished for her. “Wills, I mean this, you can’t do anything about this. The only way is for one of the mates to die and…..”

“That’ll be easy,” Xander and Riley (who had now re-joined the group in the bedroom). “We’ll just stake that piece of demon shit out there, who’s pacing up and down Giles front lawn at the moment, and…..”

“No!” screamed Buffy desperately.

“I have a cross-bow stashed here,” Xander offered quickly. “We wouldn’t even have to go out and actually face Spike. Just shoot him from the door?” The black haired man grinned in relief, “I’m a great shot with the bow and….”

“No!” yelled Oz, almost as desperately as Buffy, “if either one of them, Spike or Buffy dies? The other one won’t last a day. That’s the catch in the claim, part of the bond. Yes, a death of one will break it, but only in this world. It’s a Catch-22 clause, really. The answer to the ‘break’ is that the remaining mate cannot survive for more then 24 hours, 48 at most without the dead one. That way, they are reunited in the netherworlds.”

Oz was serious as a heart attack and Buffy was relieved that he seemed to know so much about ‘claims’ and all. ‘Why wouldn’t he,’ she reminded herself, ‘wolves are the most claimy/bondy animals on earth. More so then human animals, or so it would seem,’ she thought, sarcastically.

Outside of the Watcher’s house, Spike was pacing, no, make that stalking up and down, just in front of the invisible barrier. The one that kept him from his mate, Buffy. His lifeless heart was breaking and he never felt so fucking helpless in his entire unlife, or human life for that matter.

Pausing from his stalking, Spike clenched his fists up as his sides and stared at the upper window of Giles’ house. He could ‘feel’ his mate up there and could also feel her pain and fear.

“Buffy!” he suddenly roared like a lion up at the window. Actually, it was more of a pained howl.

‘Spike,’ he could ‘hear’ her sweet voice speak to him.

‘I can’t invite you in, baby,’ she moaned, ‘the barrier, it’s too strong. I miss you, I love you honey,’ she finished before her words faded completely.

Spike felt his tears begin to fall down his cold cheeks, ‘I love you and miss you too,’ he whispered back, knowing his mate could ‘hear’ him also. ‘I’ll get back, sweet,’ he growled. He just wasn’t sure how.
Chapter 13: 'Calls For Help' by spufette
DANCE OF THE MATES


Chapter 13: ‘Calls For Help’




“Buffy!” Spike roared again as he stalked up and down in front of the Watcher’s house. He had smoked almost a full pack of cigarettes, as he paced back and forth, waiting for the wolfboy to come out with some news.

How many times had he howled his stolen mate’s name? Spike could not remember. It didn’t matter anyway, she was still gone from him and he felt like he was dying inside.

It was not much better for his Buffy, that Spike knew for certain. He could feel his mate’s life blood call out to him, but to no avail. The ‘protection’ barrier around the Watcher’s house was just too fucking strong and powerful. If Spike could not get into the house, then it was for sure that Buffy could not get out. Especially since the idiots inside had ‘tethered’ his wife with ropes and chains of magic.

“Can’t we call a cop or something?” Xander whined at Giles, as he glanced over to the window. “That howling of Spike’s is getting on my freaking nerves!” Buffy shot her ex-best male friend another murderous glare.

“Go ahead,” Buffy purred in a low, lulling tone, “call a cop and report the ‘man’ outside. The one who’s pining away for his wife. I think that even the Sunnydale Police Department might find this whole scenario a little bit disturbing. Don’t you?”

Buffy chuckled, her sarcastic tone was grating on everyone present and she was relishing this moment.

“I mean, heck, a guy like Spike, running around outside a reserved, private pillar of the community’s house? Giles,” Buffy grinned at her Watcher, “how do you think the cops are going to view you after this? Spike howls and growls all night, cops come and oh, gosh, there’s a young, nubile woman tied up in your guest room bed? I think the Police Chief is going to be pretty ‘unhappy’ with you and the rest of you pathetic asses.” Buffy grinned at the crew of misfits that kept her from her mate.

“She’s right,” Willow opined, nervously, “either we just let Spike howl and grrr arrgh all night, or we call a cop. Then, we’ll all have a lot to explain if the fuzz come here.” The red head glanced about the room at the faces there. She looked as if she was going to be ill.

“The fuzz?” Oz smirked as he took his girl’s slim hand in his calloused one. “Talk about a 70’s flashback.”

“I just meant,” Willow blushed, “that Buffy is right. About this anyway. All of us are going to have a lot of explaining to do about this situation. If the police are involved I mean.” She leaned into Oz’s embrace and sighed heavily.

“Listen to Oz, Wills,” Buffy murmered from the bed, “he knows what’s right. He knows, don’t you Oz, that these demon claims, even with humans are permenant?”

Oz nodded and whispered something in Willow’s ear. Whatever he had told her, the witch reared back and glanced at Buffy, anxiously.

“I never thought I’d say this,” Xander was mumbling something under his breath. Anya, his girlfriend had arrived earlier and was handing out some sandwiches she’d thrown together in Giles’ kitchen.

“Say what?” Anya asked, taking a bite of her sandwich.

“I think we should call Angel, in LA,” Xander choked out, reluctantly. “If anyone would know how to break this claim, it’s him.”

Five faces glared at Xander Harris, in unison, “What!” they all screamed at once.

“We should call Angel and see if he can offer any advice about this claim. If anyone would want Buffy tied to Spike less then me? It’s Dead Boy Sr.” Xander looked away from Buffy, who was now squirming on the bed, looking pissed beyond words.

“You are a fucking coward, Xand,” Buffy hissed from her place on the bed. “Leave it to you, you little worm, to involve Angel in this. Especially knowing how much he and my mate hate each other.”

Giles seemed to think this over, for a minute or two, then nodded silently.

“I do think Xander is right on this one,” Giles said evenly. “Angel might be able to give some insight onto how to break this claim. He detests Spike and visa versa. I’ll go call him, right now.”

“That’s right, Giles,” Buffy growled loudly at her Watcher’s retreating back, “you go call brood boy and have him stick his nose into this. I guarantee this much, this little move will backfire on all of you.”

Buffy glared about the room, her expression was menacing and deadly. “Be careful, friends,” she hissed at the remaining room occupants, “if Angel gets involved in this. There will be hell to pay. From all factions.”

Spike continued to pace about outside on the Watcher’s lawn, pausing from time to time to gaze at the upstairs window, longingly, where his mate was being held captive. He tried not to cry, really, but the human aspects of his personality that remained from before his turning cried out to him.

“Buffy,” he whispered in his mind, hoping that she could still ‘feel’ his words and respond.

‘Spike,’ Buffy answered with her own loving thoughts. ‘They are contacting Angel, your Grandsire, darling. I’m afraid, my William. He is so strong and so vengeful. I’m afraid he will try and destroy us.’

Now, normally, Spike would have been enraged to even have Buffy think of Angel, in any capacity. That and to have his Buffy’s so called friends call the great pouf and have him offer advice? However, Spike was also well aware of the bond between his Grandsire and himself, the one that no human law, or any amount of hatred between them could break.

Truth was? If anything, Angel, Spike was sure, would back him and Buffy in this. Angel understood the vampire claiming ritual more then anyone involved in this, maybe even more then Oz.

Even if his Grandsire might hate him, Spike, or disapprove of this match between him and Buffy? He, as a Master Vampire, would respect and abide by the mutual claim. Angel had to. He was a vampire after all. Spike smiled, smugly and whispered back to his beloved mate.

“It’s all right, baby,” he cooed in comfort, “Angel won’t hurt us, he’ll help us. Promise.”

Giles slowly came back into the bedroom and looked nervously at the faces in there. He carried his cordless phone and if one didn’t know better, they would think that someone had called ‘him’ with bad news.

“Angel is demanding to speak with Buffy,” Giles explained in a hushed voice. The Watcher brought the phone over to Buffy and held it to her ear. She would have taken the damn thing herself, but the morons had her hands magically tied, so that was out.

“Yes Angel,” Buffy greeted her ex throught gritted teeth.

“Buffy, honey,” came Angel’s deep voice, “are you okay?”

“That would be a big NO!” Buffy yelled loudly into the phone, causing Giles to flinch. She was rewarded with a shocked, very anxious look from her ex-Watcher.

“Listen, honey,” Angel continued, seemingly blowing off her outburst, “I need to ask you something, and I need an honest answer. Did Spike ‘make’ you take the claim? Or did you return it, willingly?”

Buffy did not hesitate, she answered, “I love Spike, desperately. I took the claim willingly.” Her tone of conviction drew exasperated sighs from everyone in the room, except Oz that is.

“I figured as much,” Angel responded softly. His voice did betray his disappointment and sorrow, just a little, anyway.

“Tell Giles to take the phone back, honey,” Angel continued, “I want to finish our little conversation together. And Buffy,” he added, “take heart, be strong and know that I will help you and my Grandchilde.”

Giles placed his phone back up to his ear, reluctantly, and listened to the rest of Angel’s conversation. By the look on the old man’s face, and the fact that Buffy could hear Angel’s ranting, even from where she was at? The ‘advice’ that Giles was getting from Angel was not what he had hoped for.

Buffy could not help it, when Giles clicked off the cordless phone and sighed heavily, she chuckled loudly.

“ Old Grandaddy a litte pissed at you Rupert?” Buffy grinned widely and laughed again, wickedly.

Rupert Giles did not even glance at Buffy, but he did look at the group of young people in the guest room of his house. Especially at the frowning Xander and Riley Finn.

“Angel is not going to help us,” Giles announced the already obvious. In fact,” Giles continued anxiously, “he stated to me that if we do not let Buffy go, immediately and allow Spike to take her? He, Angel will be in Sunnydale by tomorrow night and help,” the Watcher paused and scowled here.

“I want to quote Angelus, word for word on this,” Giles said out loud, almost to himself. “Oh yes, that was it,” he stammered.

“Angelus says that if we do not do this, allow Buffy to go to her mate? He reminded me that he does not have a chip in his brain and can rip us a new one. He said, and I quote, “He will be here by tomorrow night and help his Grandchilde kick our asses all the way out of Sunnydale. That was it, word for word.” Giles hung his head, sheepishly and sighed in frustration.

“Who gives a fuck!” Riley hissed, finally, ignoring the dirty look Xander gave him. “We’ve got the barrier and they can only come out at night, right? I’m not afraid of Angel or Spike, fuck em’ both!”

Buffy shot her ex a murderous look then spoke up, “do you really want to face off with two Master Vampires, Riley? I mean, even if you would shockingly make it a fair fight?”

She noticed that old Riley’s skin color had paled, greatly, when she asked him this. This brought a saucy little smile to her face.

“You’re not particularly strong, anyway, Rile,” Buffy continued with a wicked little laugh. “You think Angel and Spike are going to what? Go easy on you? Let you stake them and ride off with William the Bloody’s mate. Into the sunset? Hardly,” she snorted and shook her head.

“Angel and Spike, together on the same side? Oh, Sunnydale’s in for a real treat now,” Buffy actually giggled at this. The vision of that seemed to make her happy for some reason.

“She’s right,” Willow stuttered, finally putting her two cents in, “None of you, even combined will ever beat those two vampires together. It’s useless. Let her go, Giles, Xander, Riley.” Willow looked from one incredulous male face to another. “We have to let her go,” she said quietly and took Oz’s hand in hers.

‘Princess,’ came Spike’s strong loving voice into Buffy’s weary head. She had barely slept and was beginning to feel the affects of that.

‘Spike,’ she responded, lovingly, ‘Angel, he’s coming to help us, baby.’ She hoped that her mate could completely hear her thoughts as she could his.

‘I know,’ Spike answered her. By the sound of his thoughts, Buffy felt her mate was almost relieved. This made her feel much better and much more hopeful.

‘I love you, my darling wife,’ Spike assured her. ‘I will get you out of there, no matter what. Then, we can leave this place and go away, just you and me.’

‘Please, do, darling,’ Buffy responded with longing. ‘I love you, my husband.’


A/N: Somehow, I almost hope that the gang comes to their senses before Angel shows up in Sunnydale. Mainly, because I don’t really want to see the whole town torn apart by Spike and his Grandsire, do you? Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 14: 'Dying Without Buffy' by spufette
DANCE OF THE MATES



Chapter 14: ‘Dying Without Buffy’


Buffy watched her captors with wary, green eyes. She was entirely way to exhausted to stay awake, much longer anyway and realized that the ‘gang’ must be even more tired. After all, she, Buffy, was the Slayer and much stronger in all ways then other mere mortals.

Riley and Giles had left the bedroom that Buffy was being kept in. They disappeared earlier to presumably go downstairs and plot against Buffy’s mate, Spike and maybe even Angel.

‘Better make that Angelus,’ Buffy smirked to herself. She had no doubt that Spike’s Grandsire would make good on his threat and show up in the Hellmouth. Angel(us) may have disapproved of the Buffy/Spike mating, but he was a Master Vampire, after all. Master Vampires had a sense of family and duty. Blood was always thicker then water, especially to vampires.

Oz left Willow’s side and slowly walked over to the bed that Buffy was ‘tied’ to by magic. He sat on the edge and looked at the Slayer with a somber expression.

“I’m trying, Buffy,” Oz sighed sadly. “I’ve been trying since this started to make Willow see the uselessness of this bullshit. I thought I had her convinced, at least, but…” He shrugged in frustration.

“I know,” Buffy murmered softly at her best friend’s lover. “Oz,” she mumbled lowly, “do they have any idea what Spike and Angel, together, will do to them? To this town?”

Even Buffy was a little leary of turning Spike and Angel loose on the town of Sunnydale, California. Especially on this little ‘Scoobie’ corner of the the Hellmouth world.

“Uh, apparently not,” Oz hissed sadly. “Maybe Willow’s getting an idea, but the others?” He shook his spikey haired head in sorrow.

“Buffy?” Oz began with hesitation. “I understand some of the vampire way, but, this ‘family’ thing of theirs? Is it as strong a bond as the wolf pack way?”

“Stronger,” Buffy responded with conviction.

“Oh shit,” Oz groaned anxiously, “then we’re all in for the ass kicking of our lives.”

“I have to go, honey,” Oz jumped up and looked at the little clock on the nightstand nearby. “It’s nearly sunrise. I’ve got to get your guy into a safe place for the day. I’ll be back, later to try and convince Willow and the others to let you go back to your mate.”

“Oz!” Buffy yelped as the wolfboy hurried to the bedroom door. “Thank you,” she said evenly.

“No worries,” Oz grinned back at the Slayer.

Spike was still pacing up and down in front of the Watcher’s house. He knew full well that sunrise was near, but he couldn’t bring himself to leave his mate, Buffy. Not even to go to safety from the morning sun’s rays.

Oz, the wolfboy, suddenly appeared from inside Giles’ house. The short, red head hurried up to the vampire. He wore the look of a concerned friend.

“You’ve got to get into shelter, dude,” Oz warned Spike nervously. “It’s almost daybreak. You’ll be dust in less then an hour if you don’t get inside.”

“I can’t leave Buffy,” Spike growled lowly. “I’ve got to stay. If I can’t be near her, close enough to ‘speak’ to her? I’ll go fucking insane for sure.”

“I’ll take you to my crib,” Oz stated with authority, “you’ll be safe there. When sun sets you can come back here and we’ll try to convince these morons that the best thing for Buffy is to let her come back to you. Besides,” Oz scowled for a moment then continued, “won’t Angel be here by tonight? I mean if the others don’t set Buffy free?”

“Yes,” Spike mumbled, a little embarrassed by his relief at his Grandsire’s name. “Angelus will be here, by tonight, if not earlier. If they don’t let my Buffy go.”

“All right, then,” Oz nodded, “let’s go. At least ‘I’ have a phone at my place. You can call Angel in LA and let him know that these idiots are not playing by the rules, still. I hate to unleash the wrath of Angel and you on my friends. Hell, I hate to expose my baby, Willow, to all of this. But, I’ve tried to explain it to them, all of them. So has Xander’s girl, Anya. They just won’t listen, period.”

Oz took Spike by the arm and led him off to his apartment. The two ‘demons’ could hear the first twills of the local ‘larks’ as they began their good morning songs.

Buffy lay in the big bed, still tied up and miserable. She kept staring out of the bedroom window and tried to ‘talk’ to her mate. Apparently Oz had convinced Spike to get inside, away from the morning sun’s rays and into safety.

‘Thank God for Oz,’ Buffy mused. ‘If it weren’t for him, Spike would have stayed out there and fried himself into a crisp.’

A part of the Slayer felt very ‘loved and worshipped’ by her mate. For her Spike to brave the threat of dusting by sunlight for his Buffy. But another part of Buffy was worried sick that her loveable, British bad boy would get himself ‘killed off’ again, over her.

‘We will be together again, baby,’ Buffy felt Spike’s words filter into her mind and soul. She realized that he was speaking to her, calling to her from where ever he was at.

“You are an asshole, Riley,” Buffy hissed at her ex-boyfriend when he re-entered the bedroom. “In fact,” she continued with a mimic of Spike’s smirk, “you’re an incredible asshole. Do you really think you can take on Spike and Angel? And win?”

Riley shot Buffy a distasteful look and flopped down on a chair by the bed she lay in. He looked her up and down, with a grimmace.

“Christ, Buffy,” he grumbled, “just look at yourself. The all mighty Slayer. Reduced to being the whore bride of an evil piece of demon shit like Spike.”

If Buffy could have risen from the bed, she would have leapt at Riley and ripped his fucking throat out for speaking about her love, Spike like that. It really was too much. Here she was, the Slayer of Demons and she couldn’t even release herself from this mojo that held her tied and chained to this unwelcome bed.

“Must be real ego building,” Buffy hissed at Riley, “to be able to bad mouth my ‘incredible mate, Spike’ while he’s not here to beat your worthless head in. Much less to insult my amazing husband and lover to end all lovers, William the Bloody, while I’m trussed up like a Holiday turkey.”

The soldier boy hung his head in momentary shame, then glared at Buffy. He stood up and strode over to the bed and now flopped down on it.

Reaching out his huge hand, Riley ran it down Buffy’s bare arm and grinned wickedly. Buffy cringed in disgust and tried to pull away from him.

“You better remember who’s in control here, little girl,” Riley growled lowly as he now touched Buffy’s neck with his meaty fingers. He seemed to pause at Spike’s claiming marks and frowned.

“My wonderful, hot, sexy husband has a matching set you know?” Buffy purred silkily. “My marks, I mean. We have a matching set, kind of like wedding bands and…..”

Riley reared back from Buffy then raised his right hand as if to slap her. Suddenly, Xander appeared in the room and hurried up to the bed. The dark-haired man shot Riley a nasty look, then scowled at Buffy.

“What’s going on here?” Xander asked nervously.

“Nothing,” Riley grumbled as he stood up from the bed.

“Oh, Riley’s just trying to make a clumsy move on me, Xand,” Buffy chuckled wickedly. “Seems it doesn’t matter how much of a demon slut I’ve turned into. My ex here appears to be as hot for me as ever. Too bad he’s a real dud in the bed department and all. Nothing like a real ‘man’ like my William is.”

Xander gasped and stared at Buffy, wide-eyed, his mouth open like a hooked fish. He then glared at Riley, apparently angry that the Initiative soldier had tried to take advantage of a tied up Buffy.

“Maybe you’d better go and get some rest? Huh, Riley?” Xander glared at the big man in front of him. “I think we’ll all need some sleep and to refurbish our strength.”

Riley snorted loudly and left the room. Xander and Buffy could hear the man cursing all the way down the stairs.

“Giles and Willow, even Anya, they’re sleeping downstairs,” Xander offered an explaination to Buffy.

“Who gives a fuck!” Buffy retorted viciously.

“Buff,” Xander began cautiously, “we’re just trying to help you break free from that evil, undead freak you’ve tied yourself to.”

“He’s not a freak, Xander,” Buffy hissed, vehemently. “Spike is my mate, my soulmate for life. His and my life, that is. You’ve no right to make this decision for me, or him. None of you.”

Xander groaned in exasperation and bolted from the bed and the room. Buffy moaned in frustration and lay back down on the bed that had become her prison.

Spike now paced in Oz’s apartment’s living room. If he kept this up, he’d wear a path into the black carpet of the ‘crib’ as Oz had called it.

The wolfboy, Oz, had crashed in his bedroom, hours before. But not before he’d given Spike his phone and had him dial Angel’s number in LA. Spike had not reached Angel, himself, but he’d gotten Wesley, the surrogate Watcher in his Grandsire’s office.

Spike had listened while the demon girl, Cordelia was it, relayed Angelus’s message to his Grandchilde, through this Wesley bloke. The message was quite clear to everyone involved.

Angelus had decided not to wait for the humans to come to their senses. He had headed to Sunnydale around 3:00 AM, PDT, and had probably, already made it here into town.

‘Hope Peaches blacked out the windows of his Mustang,’ Spike had chuckled despite his inner torment. ‘Or he’ll never make it here to Sunnyhell.’

Problem was, that Angelus probably didn’t exactly know where Oz lived. So that begged the question: ‘how would the ‘Scourge of Europe’ find the place to meet up with his lovesick Grandchilde, William the Bloody?’

Turning on the telly to the Soap Channel, Spike lit up a cigarette and continued to pace about the living room. He was anxious as a cornered cat and knew he could not sleep. At least not until Buffy was back in his arms.

‘Hope something valid is on,’ he muttered, considering the option to change the channel to some ‘court TV’ at least. ‘Don’t suppose Passions repeats are on?’

An abrupt knock on Oz’s front door broke Spike’s nervous pacing. He glanced about to the bedroom door and realized that the owner was probably out for the count, indefinitely.

Spike stumbled to the door and called out, “who’s there?”

“It’s me Spike,” came Angelus’s deep, commanding voice. “I’ve come to help you and your mate.”

Spike gasped and threw the front door open, stunned, but exhilerated to see his Grandsire standing at the entrance.

“Invite me in, boy,” Angel growled almost good-naturedly.

“Come in, Grandsire,” Spike uttered with the utmost respect.

When Angel entered Oz’s residence, the first thing he did was double up his meaty fist and punch Spike right in his perfect, Roman shaped nose.

“What the bloody fuck was that for!” Spike yelped in shock.

“For taking ‘my’ girl and making her yours, you little fuck,” Angel growled at his youngest family member. His golden/brown eyes were full of jealousy.

“Buffy ‘is’ mine, Angelus,” Spike roared back at the patriach of the Aurileous clan. Spike’s indigo blue eyes were full of confidence.

“Yes,” Angel hissed, “Buffy ‘is’ yours now, William. But I just wanted to remind you that you ‘took’ something of mine. I’ll forgive you, boy, but only because Buffy loves you so much. I’ll never forget this, Willie. But, I have to accept it. I’m your Grandsire, by family and blood. My obligation is to you and your wife, first. My own envy comes second.”

Spike suddenly felt the need to throw his arms about his Grandsire. Which he did, even though he was more then ashamed at his outburst of relief that his family member was here with him.

“Thank you Grandfather. For coming to help I mean,” he mumbled softly, burying his head into Angel’s strong shoulder.

“Help I will, my Grandchile,” Angel whispered, trying to comfort his ailing grandson.

“I’m dying, without Buffy. By inches, I’m dying inside and out,” Spike hissed in emotional and physical pain.

“I know, boy,” Angel, cooed almost tenderly as he patted his grandchilde’s back with his right hand. “We will free your mate and return her to you. I promise this. We are of the Clan ‘Aurileous’ William. We stick together, no matter what.”


A/N: A weird little chapter, I know. Well, the gang had it’s chance, okay, so no, they really didn’t. Angel hit town before they could even think about freeing Buffy, huh?

In the next few chapters, there will be hell to pay for a lot of folks. But I’m thinking that someone might intervene (a human? Someone) that is. Hopefully, someone will come to their senses and free Buffy before the Hellmouth falls into the Pacific Ocean.

Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 15: 'All The Dudes' by spufette
DANCE OF THE MATES


Chapter 15: ‘All The Dudes’


Angel was watching his Grandchilder, carefully. Spike sensed his Grandsire wanted to say something, tell him something, but was holding back.

“Angelus?” Spike finally asked as he lit a cigarette and handed it to the dark, broody vampire.

“This bond, between you and Buffy,” Angel began, cautiously, a frown on his handsome mouth, “it is unbreakable. You ‘both’ know that, right?”

“Of course,” Spike sighed and flopped on Oz’s tattered couch. “It’s those fucking morons that are Buffy’s supposed friends who haven’t got a clue,” he groaned and clasped his head in his hands.

“They will get a clue,” Angel growled lowly as he began to pace about the Oz’s small apartment.

The dark, Master Vampire halted his stride and pulled a high tech cell phone out of his jacket pocket. Angel speed dialed a number and began to talk to someone on the other end of the line.

‘I have got to get one of those things,’ Spike told himself for the umpteenth time in a week.

“When will you be here?” Spike heard Angel ask the faceless voice on the other end. Angel then clicked off the cell phone and tossed it on the couch next to Spike.

“My guys, Wesley, Charles Gunn and a dude named Lindsey, they’ll be here, at this apartment, soon.”

“Dude?” Spike asked his Grandsire, with a raised left brow and a smirk. “You actually use the word ‘dude’ in a conversation, Angelus?”

“Yes, Spike,” Angel hissed with exasperation, “I actually use the word ‘dude’ in conversation. I’ve ‘lived’ in Los Angeles for way too long now.”

The two vampires sat, for long, silent moments, contemplating the sunset that was to come in a few hours.

“So,” Spike finally broke the silence, “who’s this Gunn guy and this Lindsey ‘dude’ Angel? I recognize the Brit, Wesley, from the Gem of Amara fiasco, but…”

“If you say the word ‘dude’ one more time, William,” Angel hissed, his black brows scrunched together, tensely. “I”ll kick the shit out of you, boy.”

“My chip,” Spike piped up, suddenly, “it doesn’t work against demons, Angel Baby. Just thought you should know that, Peaches.” The blond vampire grinned, happily at the brunette vampire.

Angel sighed in frustration, “Gunn,” he began, “he’s my muscle. Lindsey? He’s a rogue lawyer.”

“Aren’t all lawyers rogues, Peaches?” Spike asked, sincerely.

“Willie, you’re on my shit list as it is, don’t push this,” Angel warned.

“Don’t call me Willie!” Spike hissed angrily.

“Don’t call me Peaches!” Angel countered, just as angry.

“Shit, dudes! Don’t argue!” Oz mumbled sleepily from his bedroom door.

“Oz, Angel. Angel, Oz,” Spike made the quick introductions.

“Seen him, met him and yada yada,” Oz yawned at the two vampires. “Anyone want a latte?” the red-headed wolfboy asked suddenly. “I’ve got this great expresso machine, it…”

“NO!” both vampires cried simotaneously.

Oz shrugged and scratched his boxer covered crotch. “Well, I do,” he smiled good-naturedly and stumbled off to his small kitchen.

“The witches boy,” Spike offered to his Grandsire. “He’s on our side, knows that the claim is written in stone.”

Angel grunted and grabbed another cigarette from Spike, lit it and took a deep, satisfying drag off of it. “I only smoke this shit when you’re around, Spike,” Angel admitted reluctantly. “You bring out the worst in me, boy.”

There was a quick, heavy knock at Oz’s front door.

“I’ll get it!” Angel cried as he bolted up to open the door. He apparently knew exactly who, or whom it was.

Spike watched as Angel motioned three men into the apartment. He recognized the ex-watcher, Wesley Pryce something or rather, but had not idea who the other two men were.

“You know Spike,” Angel pointed at the blond vampire, but only Wesley nodded. Spike noticed the fellow Brit had a disdainful expression on his face.

“Gunn, Lindsey,” Angel continued matter-of-factly, “this is my Grandchilder, Spike. Or William the Bloody, whichever you prefer.” Angel actually smirked at Spike, causing the younger vampire to flinch, just a tad.

“So,” Spike glanced at the three men, respectively, “why the fuck are these losers here?”

“Back up,” Angel grunted out, motioning the men to sit down.

“Back up?” Spike asked, a little confused. What the fuck could three humans do, against magic mojo, that two Master Vampires could not?

“Wesley,” Angel looked over at the owlish looking young man, “I need you to get into Rupert Giles’ house. Have a chat with your ex Watcher in arms. Make him understand that this bond, this claim between Spike/William and Buffy the Slayer…it’s permenant. Nothing can break it, nor should any of them try to.”

“Angel,” Wesley stammered, “I can’t help but feel that…”

“Do it, Wes,” Angel growled at the man, “as soon as possible. You know damn well that ‘this’ is not the first time that a vampire has claimed a human, much less a slayer for a mate. Make Giles understand.”

“Of course,” Wesley repsonded meekly.

“Not the first time?” Spike asked in disbelief.

“No,” Angel responded, glaring at Wesley. “There was a time or two before, over a century ago. A Master Vampire, Lethos, he claimed a Slayer in Germany.” Angel looked away from Spike, his dark eyes clouded and distant.

“What happened,” Spike whispered, afraid to hear the answer.

“Lethos,” Wesley took up the tale, “he was forced to turn the girl, her name was Ingrid. She was taken down by a pack of vampires and her mate, Lethos, he turned her to save her.”

Spike felt like he was going to be sick. No way did he want to ever ‘have’ to turn Buffy. If she ever wanted to be? That was different, but to have to? To save her?

“Where, where are they now?” Spike asked anxiously.

“As far as anyone knows? Still in the German countryside,” Wesley answered. “Mated, for eternity.”

Somehow, this made Spike feel a little better, but he quickly changed the subject.

“What do you two do?” he asked the tall African -American man, Gunn, and this Lindsey bloke.

“We do what Angel says,” Gunn answered evenly. “Anything he says.”

“Well,” Angel began speaking again, “I say this,” he stood up and just towered over the other beings in the room, especially Oz, who was no giant in stature. The guitar playing sometime wolfboy had finally joined them in the living room.

“Spike and me,” Angel started with authority, “we’ll go over to Giles’ house, tonight. After sunset. Try and intimidate the fucks inside into letting Buffy go. Wesley,” Angel pointed to the Brit, “you gain access to the house. Try and talk to Giles. If nothing else, Spike and me? We’ll strut around outside the barrier, make our presence known and all.”

“That’s a great plan, Peach…, I mean Angel,” Spike chuckled, “think we’ll scare the Scoobies into letting my mate free?” He was beginning to get a bit pissed off here. His Grandsire, who was bound by vampire tradition to help, was playing games, nothing more.

“I’m hoping, Willie,” Angel hissed under his unneeded breath at Spike, “that our presence, together, will cause the fools in the house to re-think their positions.”

“And us?” the up-to-now silent Lindsey asked. “What’s our job it this?”

“Tomorrow,” Angel said evenly, “during the day. You and Gunn go stake out Giles’ house. Those bastards have to go somewhere, sometime, right? They won’t do it at night, if they know what’s good for them. So,” the dark man grinned, “they’ll have to leave in the daytime. Then,” Angel continued gleefully, “you, Lindsey and Gunn? You grab the first male that exits the house. Bring them here?” Angel looked over at Oz who nodded, a serious expression on his face.

“Why not just grab any of them?” Lindsey asked, a little puzzled by this plan.

“Because,” Angel sighed impatiently, “those morons know we won’t ‘hurt’ the females, or Oz here. They’re safe, even that fucking soldier boy knows that.”

Spike grinned at Angel, ‘Peaches hates Finn as much as me,’ he reasoned happily.

“Hopefully,” Angel continued as he paced and smoked another one of Spike’s cigarettes, “Riley Finn will come out in the sunlight and that’s when ‘we’ make our move. Grab him, or Buffy’s little ex-white knight, Xander Harris. Bring them here. We’ll,” Angel nodded at Spike now, “we’ll take it from there.”

“Angel,” Wesley began, tentively, “do you think this is the best course of action?”

“Let me ask you something, Wes,” Angel smiled benevolently at his friend and employee. “Would you rather have the unsuspecting Scoobies, the town of Sunnydale, have to deal with a pissed off, chipped Spike and his Grandsire, Angel? Or would you prefer the wrath of Angelus loosed onto this fucking city?”

Wesley cowered quickly and said no more.

“I thought so,” Angel responded smugly. “I ‘am’ Angel,” the dark vampire crowed, “the doer of good. The vampire with a soul. But,” he cautioned the group before him, “when it comes to my family?” He looked, affectionately at his William, his Grandchilder, “if I need to return to my Angelus personna? Become the ‘scourge of Europe, or Sunnydale, once again? I will do so. My family comes first and foremost with me. They always will. If these bastards do not release my Grandchilder’s mate? Then Spike and I will rip the fools that hold Buffy apart and lay waste to this fucking city.”

Spike stood up and joined his Grandsire, by his side. He clasped Angel’s huge hand in his.

“Thank you, Grandsire,” Spike bowed his blond head in respect to Angel.

“I am always your family, boy,” Angel replied softly. “Family first, always.”


A/N: I wanted to write this little chapter and set things up for the next one. Who will Gunn and Lindsey capture? And will Wesley be able to talk some sense into Giles, at least? Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 16: 'Reflections of Their Golden Eyes' by spufette
DANCE OF THE MATES


Chapter 16: ‘Reflections of Their Golden Eyes’


A/N: This chapter is going to be a ‘little weird’ in structure. It will start as a series of reflections by our two main characters; Spike and Buffy. Where it goes from there? Well, please just read it and find out…thanks.


Spike sat in Oz’s apartment, still. It was nearly sundown and he felt the driving urge to escape this daylight prison and head straight for the Watcher’s house. His mate, his Buffy was there. Until the sunset, however, Spike was stuck in this bizarre place, along with Peaches and his band of merry men.

Until the sunset, Spike was left to reflect on his past in Sunnydale and with his Slayer. It, the Spuffy history, had not started all too smoothly.

‘He had come to Sunnydale to kill his third Slayer. Defile and defeat the Chosen One and return his own sire, Drusilla, to her full power. That had been the plan, all right. But, along the way? The plan had taken a quick turn to the left and everything went haywire. This was nothing new to Spike, exactly, as most of his plans seemed to veer off from the right direction.’

“The Slayer,” some non-descript demon with a hard on for revenge had began, “she’s young, blond, hot and oh, yeah, very hot.” The demon had described the Slayer to Spike, from the moment he’d entered Sunnyhell and sought her out. Spike didn’t even know the bint’s real name, just a generic description of her, nothing more.

He headed towards the Bronze, the in place for every teen in this podunk town. When he arrived, Spike sought out the blond, hot and young girl he’d been told to look for. Problem was, there was a lot of young, hot blond girls in the Bronze that night.

But…there ‘was’ one, Spike remembered, one that stood out. She was definitely hot, no question, young and blond to boot. It was the ‘power’ though, that radiated from this beauty that told Spike that this was indeed the Slayer of Slayers. Not like anyone of the Chosen Ones that he had encountered before.

The ‘Beauty’ as Spike immediately named her, was dancing with a dorky, rather clumsy young brunette boy and a red haired girl. There was a lot of dancers in the Bronze that night, but this girl stood out, ‘the’ blond one that is. His Slayer had emerald green eyes, yes, but the flecks in their center? They were golden.

“There’s someone being bitten, out in the alley,” Spike had shouted out as he grabbed a cell phone from another patron. Presumeably to call 911. “Some big ugly guy, he’s biting some little bloke and…”

Spike was rewarded, wickedly, when the blond beauty fled the dance floor and headed out back. To the alley way.

Of course, Spike had followed, watched this Buffy the Slayer kick his set up minion’s arse and dust him in less then thirty seconds. For some reason, even then? Spike felt a sense of pride at the little Slayer as she dusted her hands of the idiot vampire’s remains.

He, Spike, stepped out of the shadows and began to clap his hands together in applause.

“Who are you?” Buffy had asked, innocently, her green eyes stirring something deep inside of Spike, even then.

“You’ll find out on Saturday,” he’d smugly replied.

“What happens Saturday?” Buffy asked quickly.

“I kill you,” Spike had snarkily answered, then fled into the night. Back to his Dark Princess, Drusilla. Once back, in the safety of the factory? Spike was cursed with horrid dreams of making love to the blond, beauty of a girl he’d watched kill off a loyal minion. Even then? He knew, Spike knew he was going to be damned to ‘something’ by Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Even then, that first night after seeing Buffy? Spike had been enraptured of her. Smitten on first gaze with this blond, tiny dynamo of a demon killer. A killer of his own kind.


“Spike?” Angel broke into the blond vampire’s memories, “it’s time.”

Spike bolted up and looked outside of the apartment. Indeed, the sun had sunk into the horizon of the Pacific Ocean and it was time to head over to Gile’s place.

“I want her back,” Spike whispered, almost reverently. “I want my mate back,” he repeated, his voice a growl now.

“You’ll have her back,” Angel assured his grandchilder. “We’ll all see to it.”

Wesley, who had been fairly quiet until then, stood up and stretched his arms above his head. “I have got to call ‘my’ mate,” he announced. “Cordelia is my wife,” the ex-watcher explained to Spike evenly, “we’re having a child. In three months. I promised I would check in with her.” (You know who I threw that in there for! Hope you’re still reading!*)

The dark haired human went off to another room to call his wife on the cell phone while Gunn and Lindsey stood up to stretch their own bodies. They, the two men looked at Angel for some kind of orders.

“I want you guys to wait until tomorrow,” Angel nodded at the two men. “You two and Wesley. Old Wes can go to Giles’ house, in the morning, first thing and try to talk some sense into him. Spike and I, we’ll go tonight and flash fangs and fists around. Oh, and our golden demon eyes, make the little Scoobies shake in their boots.”

Angel grinned at Spike, warmly, and the blond vampire had to smirk back at his grandsire.

“Like the old days, eh Will?” Angel chuckled giddily.

“Somewhat,” Spike responded quietly. “Just a different dance card?” he added with another smirk.

“A better dance card,” Angel replied with another nod of his dark head.

“Let’s rock and roll,” Spike hissed as he headed out of Oz’s front door, Angel in tow.

“So we stay here?” Gunn called behind the two vampires. “Just hang out until morning? Until one of the losers comes out to play?”

“That would be the plan Charles,” Angel called back as he followed his sauntering grandchilder out into the night.


Buffy lay, still trussed up like a Christmas goose, in the the guest bed of Rupert Giles. She felt like a fool, really, by now. She had slept, yes, briefly, after the last ‘vulcan mind meld’ with her mate, Spike. That had been just before sunrise that morning, and her sleep had truly been brief and now she was in full on Slayer mode. Problem was? She was still hog tied through the magic mojo that her supposedly best friend, Willow, had placed on her.

‘When I get out of here,’ Buffy began the mantra in her head, again, ‘I am so going to kick everyone’s asses!’

The Slayer glanced about the guest room and saw that Willow was now in the vicinity of her. Her best female friend was sound asleep, for whatever reason, and snoring loudly.

‘I should cry like a banshee,’ Buffy surmised, ‘scream my head off and wake the whole lot of them up!’ They deserved it, they truly did. To keep their so called friend, bestest friend actually and the Slayer to boot, tied up and held hostage. From her own mate? Ridiculous!

Buffy began to think back, as she lay there, waiting for the ultimate return of her mate, Spike. She thought of many things, but especially of the first time she had laid eyes on William the Bloody, aka Spike.

‘Buffy was dancing at the Bronze, with Willow and Xander. She was disturbed, greatly, by her French grade and the fact that Angel, her supposed boyfriend, hadn’t been around in a while.

While she shimmied about the place, to a song she rarely heard, and probably wouldn’t hear again in a decade, Buffy caught sight of a gorgeous blond, Billy Idol wannabe, standing in the shadows of the dance floor. Her heart began to race, like a thoroughbred, at the realization that this ‘man’ was watching her, intently. This ‘man’ had the bluest of blue eyes, but their center flecks? They were golden.

‘Angel who?’ Buffy had thought, briefly, as she began to dance more erotically then before. She ran her hands through her golden tresses and let them fall down her shoulders and back.

‘Fuck French,’ Buffy giggled to herself, ‘from now on? It’s the old California motto for me; I drink Californian and kiss French!’

That was when everything came tumbling down about Buffy. Right then. There was a ‘cry for help’ from this blond, about some guy in the alley and a biter?

Buffy had rushed out, to do her duty, found the vampire and victim, then saved the day. As usual.

That’s when she, Buffy had realized the harsh truth. This blond haired Adonis was in fact a vampire himself. He would prove to be her most formidable one, to date.

‘Spike’s Reflections’


He, Spike, had come to Sunnydale, a few years before to bag his third Slayer. Instead? He had fallen in love with her, Buffy, the greatest Slayer of them all. Her green eyes were beacons to him as was her golden, sunlit light. Buffy wasn’t just a Slayer, a trophy for Spike, she was his salvation. Everyone, including him, had realized it.


‘Buffy’s Reflections’

He, Spike or aka William the Bloody, had come to Sunnydale to bag his third Slayer. Instead? The Master Vampire had fallen in love with her…her, Buffy Summers, the Vampire Slayer.

The moment she met Spike’s blue-eyed gaze, Buffy was doomed. Heavenly doomed that is to be with this Master Vampire, this undead angel.

‘Angel, Angel was Buffy’s soulmate, wasn’t he?’

It was that moment, when Buffy and Spike’s eyes met, in that alley, no matter what was said at the time. In that brief nano minute of time, the two warriors realized that they were destined for each other. There would be no staking of Spike by Buffy. No draining, killing or turning of Buffy by Spike.

It came down to this…the Chosen One, the ‘light’ of this World belonged to Spike. Spike belonged to Buffy, the Slayer of his kind. There was no turning back, there never could be. It was written in stone, somewhere, no doubt, that the two blond super beings belonged together and always would.



‘Present Day/Night’


Spike stalked up to the barrier that surrounded Rupert Giles’ house. He dropped to his knees in front of the porch and roared like a lion: “BUFFY!” His tone was desperate. The vampire would surely die, soon, without his beloved mate by his side.


Inside of Giles’ guest room, Buffy bolted up, as much as she could, from the bed and cried out: “SPIKE!” Her tone was just as desperate as her mates. The Slayer would surely die, soon, without her beloved mate.

Willow leapt up from her chair and began to wring her hands together in worry. Buffy smiled, benevolently at her red haired friend.

“Worried Wills?” Buffy asked quietly, a small smile on her face.

“Yes,” Willow answered honestly as she glanced out the bedroom window, down at the front lawn.

“Oh gosh!” Willow gasped in terror. “It’s Angel, Buff,” the witch turned and stared at her Slayer friend. “He’s out there, with Spike.”


“No shit,” Buffy chuckled, relaxing back down onto the bed. “Guess the this is one of those ‘family reunion’ Kodak moments huh Wills?”

Xander Harris came stumbling into the guest room, his face pale and his brown eyes wide with fear. “It’s Angel/Angelus,” Xander mumbled nervously. “He’s here. With Spike!”


A/N: I’ve kind of come to a real cross roads/fork in the road here. I want to go on, but I’m a little unsure just how to? Please read and review this chapter. If you can, give some input and let me know what ‘you all’ think should happen? (okay, I do have ideas but I just want a little input, kay?) Thanks, love, Spuf
Chapter 17: 'I Will Get To You...' by spufette
DANCE OF THE MATES


Chapter 17: ‘I Will Get To You…’


A/N: It’s been like forever and a day since I updated this, so I’m going to give it a go. Hope this latest chapter does not disappoint anyone. I’m going to introduce another BTVS character to the plot line. You might all be surprised at ‘who’ it is. Hint…he’s a British, handsome little devil!


“Odd, huh,” Buffy continued to interrogate both Willow and Xander, mercilessly. “Odd how Riley took off, in daylight today, leaving you two knuckleheads and an old ex-Watcher alone here, innit it?” Her green eyes glittered wickedly as she watched her two ex-best friends react to her sardonic tone.

“Riley had things to do, Buff,” Xander defended his ‘friend’ in a weak, unsure voice. “He wasn’t sure that Daddy Dead Guy was going to really make an appearance. Right Wills?”

Willow nodded, silently, but her grey eyes looked confused and doubtful. The red-headed computer genius said nothing as she sat down at the foot of Buffy’s bed and stared at the floor.

“Xander,” Willow finally spoke, so softly that her words were barely audible to even Buffy. “I think we should let Buffy go, completely. I can remove the binding spell, you go and tell Giles that…”

“No!” Xander screamed, desperately. “We can’t, we won’t! Just because Buffy’s ex squeeze shows up and backs his baby boy vampire, why should we give in? They can’t get to us, right?” Xander glanced at the window, anxiously, then back at Willow. He then glared at Buffy, his expression was acussing and full of disgust.

“Is there some reason you can’t stick with a nice, normal guy, like Riley?” Xander growled at Buffy, his dark eyes filled with frustrated anger. “You have to fuck a dead guy to get off, Buff? It’s pretty disgusting, you know? Why can’t a decent, good guy like Riley be enough for…”

“Put a lid on it, Harris,” Buffy growled at the dark haired man. “You’d better listen to Wills,” she hissed him, while she glared at Willow. “She’s beginning to make sense at least, so, I’d give her a listen and take heed, whelp!” Buffy grinned, evilly at her two companions, obviously unaware of her sudden British demeanor or threatening tone.

“Buffy?” Willow stared at her friend, in shock. “Listen to yourself? You’re beginning to sound like Spike, even your accent is becoming somewhat like his. Oh, golly,” Willow gasped suddenly, “you are mated and bonded with him. Completely! You’re becoming one with him and he with you, huh?”

“Damn, Wills,” Buffy smirked and began to chuckle softly, “you are bright, aren’t you? Finally realizing some of the power that Spike’s and my mutual claim has over us. News flash, kiddies,” Buffy continued with a wicked, husky laugh, “my ‘man’ and I can read each others’ thoughts too. If we’re in a close enough proximity to each other. And if I’m not mistaken? When this is over with, if I were you two, along with Giles, I’d head for the rolling green California hills. Spike is gonna’ rip this house apart, once he can get inside.”

“Buffy, this just proves this is a spell,” Xander groaned loudly, “it has to be. You’d never hurt Giles, or me, or Wills. You’d never hurt any human if that evil undead bastard hadn’t of put his mojo on you in some way. He’s the master of evil, the scourge of Sunnydale, the destructor of…”

“Will you just shut the fuck up and listen, for once, asshole!” Buffy screamed at Xander, her eyes burning with hatred and anger. “One last time,” she continued at the top of her lungs, “I love Spike. I want and need Spike. I ‘am’ married, totally, to Spike! Get over it, move on with your pathetic lives and leave my man and me alone!”

‘You tell them, baby,’ Buffy ‘heard and felt’ Spike’s encouragement in her head. ‘I love you, sweetheart,’ her vampire assured her. ‘I’m dying inside without you, luv,’ he added, weakly. ‘I will get to you, I swear it, just hold on. So will I.’

‘I know,’ Buffy answered Spike. ‘I’m dying too, inside, baby,’ she echoed to him. ‘I want to be with you, now. But, I will be soon, I swear it.’


“Are you and Deadboy Jr. doing some kind of vampire mind meld, right now, Buffy?” Xander mumbled his question, a look of awe in his brown eyes.

“None of your damn business,” Buffy hissed in reply. “Just rest assured, guys,” she continued with an odd, sly smile on her mouth. “I am bonded to Spike, period. Nothing can break his claim on me, nothing,” she hissed with conviciton.

“Don’t bet on that, dear Buffy,” came a British, somewhat familiar voice from the bedroom door.

The three occupants of the room, Buffy, Xander and Willow looked up to see a strangely familiar looking man there. Giles stood behind the good looking stranger, a rather sad, defeated look on the Watcher’s face.

“It’s been a long, long time, Slayer,” Ethan Rayne purred to Buffy as he walked slowly over to the bed and stood over her.

“Not long enough, asshole,” Buffy hissed at the evil being who stood in the doorway.

“What the fuck is he doing here?” Buffy growled at Giles, who had followed behind his old ‘friend/nemesis’ Ethan Rayne.

“He’s here to help us, Buffy,” Giles sighed heavily. “You left me no choice, so I had a source track down Rayne and I called him. Last evening. He’s here, to assist us.” Giles looked around the room at everyone and everything, except Buffy.

“Assist us how?” Willow asked, quietly, her voice tinged in fear.

“I can break this claim,” Ethan stately simply. “It’s a piece of cake, with the help of old Ripper here, of course,” the wicked man grinned at Giles.

“I’m not Ripper anymore,” Giles murmered, half-heartedly. “Not since back then. Not since it all went bad and…”

“Yet here I am, Rupert,” Ethan chuckled as he spoke to Giles, but gazed at Buffy. “You need me. Isn’t that what you said on the phone? ‘Rayne, I need your help. Let’s forget the past and forge into the future?’ Come now, Rupert, it was only last night, was it not? I came to the States as soon as I could. For our old freindship’s sake?”

“Ethan,” Giles mumbled, “yes, we do need you. My Slayer is lost, under some dark spell of a Master Vampire, William the Bloody. We are desperate for your expertise in these matters. You are our last resort and we’ve no choice but to utilize you. But I’m warning you, Rayne,” Giles frowned at the shorter, younger man. “If you betray us, or Buffy here? Ripper will make an appearance, I assure you and anything Spike and Angel may have planned for us will pale in comparison to what I’ll do to you. Do you understand?”

“Perfectly, Rupert,” Ethan responded with a benevolent smile. “Of course, remember this. I’ve always been rather fond of Ripper. More so then Rupert.” The other Brit turned and walked out of the bedroom, calling behind him. “I’ve books to go over, ones that I have brought with me. It is going to take time and certain ‘instruments’ herbs and such to perform the ‘claim breaking’ spells. Let me get started.”

Buffy lay in the bed, her whole body shaking from the last five minutes of pure hell. It had been like a scene out of a horror movie. Ethan Rayne, an ally of Giles now? Xander and Willow, seemingly going along with this idiocy.

“You know what,” Buffy broke the uncomfortable, tense silence in the room. “You’ve all become nothing more to me then a bunch of fucking side-show freaks. This little alliance you have all just formed, against me and Spike? This is the freak show, not our marriage. Can you all just get the fuck away from me now? At least for a while? I want to ‘talk’ to my husband, in private.”

“Buffy,” Willow began, her soft, soothing voice was broken, somewhat. “I’m sorry, it’s too late now. Please,” the red head began to cry, softly, “please forgive us and…”

“I’ll never forgive any of you,” Buffy hissed at Willow, then turned her wrath on Xander and Giles. “You two, least of all. At least Willow really thinks she knows what’s best for me, but you two? The only reason that you’re doing this is spite and jealousy. Oh, don’t deny it, either of you. Xander’s been trying to get into my pants for years and I’m surprised that Anya hasn’t kicked him to the curb before this. At least she’s got the sense to stay out of this crap and throw herself into her work.”

Giles began to speak, but Buffy cut him off. “Don’t even start, old man,” she hissed, viciously at her Watcher. “You’ve tried to own me since my first Watcher, Merrick died. You could never stand the fact that I was my own person, didn’t need you as much as you would have liked. So just get the fuck out of my so called room and stay away from me, permenantly!”

Xander shook his head, but left the room first, with Willow right behind him. Giles stood, watching Buffy for a brief moment, his blue eyes full of sorrow. Then the older man reluctantly followed the teens out of the room.

‘Spike!’ Buffy called out to her husband, ‘hear me, please,’ she pleaded desperate.

‘I hear you, luv,’ Spike responded, tenderly. ‘Are you all right, sweetheart, are you okay?’

‘I am, for now,’ Buffy replied nervously. ‘You need to tell Angel something, tell him that Ethan Rayne is here. Inside this house.’

“Ethan Rayne?” Spike asked out loud, turning to his grandsire. “Who the bloody hell is Ethan Rayne?”

“Shit,” Angel hissed and glared at Giles’ house once again. “He’s a real asshole, that’s who he is, Spike.” The tall, dark haired vampire scowled, his demon visage skittered across his human face.

“Do you remember that first Halloween you were here? When all humans in Sunnydale turned into their costumes?”

Spike nodded and grinned, slightly. “My Buffy was a ‘lady’ from the old days. She was like putty in my hands, at first that is,” Spike’s grin turned into a smirk.

“Yeah, you had her under your power, that’s right,” Angel growled, but rolled his brown eyes, dramatically. “Until Giles’ made ‘Rayne’ break the spell and Buffy wiped Sunnydale up with your sorry ass.”

“That was him?” Spike asked in shock, ignoring his grandsire’s sarcastic remarks.

“Yup,” Angel nodded quickly. “Ethan Rayne was and is a master in the dark arts of magic. He’s a warlock, pure and simple and not a ‘kind’ one either. Rayne is here for one purpose, Spike,” Angel watched his grandchilde while he told him the truth.

“The guy is here to us dark magic to break your claim on Buffy,” Angel actually stepped back from his childer. He half expected Spike’s famous temper to flare up and for him to attack him.

“He can’t!” Spike cried desperately. “Buffy’s my mate, for eternity! Rayne can’t break the claim, he won’t,” Spike nearly whimpered and turned to storm into the house, barrier or not.

“Of course he can’t,” Angel growled as he grabbed his errant grandchilde, “vampires know that. But arrogant humans? They believe that they're Gods, you know that, boy. The only way the claim could be broken is if Buffy allows it to be. And I assure you,William,” Angel continued as he held Spike’s arm, holding him back from the house. “Buffy will never allow that,” Angel whispered, somewhat sadly. “She’ll die before she leaves you, willingly, William. Just as you will die, again, if you two are parted, ever.”

“What I don’t undertand,” Angel thought outloud, “is ‘why’ Giles would bring Ethan Rayne into this? He must be desperate, Giles that is. Unless…” Angel left the sentence to hang, a scowl on his handsome mouth.

“Unless what?” Spike asked anxiously.

“Unless Ripper is about to make an appearance,” Angel stammered, glaring at the house again.

“Ripper?” Spike asked, confused.

“Ripper is Giles’ alter ego. His bad boy personna, just like Spike’s is your William’s. Like mine in Angelus,” Angel looked at the ground, a guilty expression in his eyes.

“What does this Ripper do,” Spike asked, warily of his grandsire.

“He’s nearly as powerful, in the dark arts, as Rayne. Back in the 70’s, I met up with Ripper and Rayne, in London. Apart? They’re powerful, yes. But together? Rupert Giles, ex-librarian is formidable, for various reasons. Ripper? He’s savage and brutal. Don’t be fooled, William, Ripper is as formidable as another strong vampire.”

“Only Ripper would enlist the help of Ethan Rayne. It’s Giles’ last stand, his last desperate shot at taking Buffy away from you, Spike.”

Angel gave his childer a sympathetic smile, then patted the younger vampire’s arm, almost affectionately.

“Again,” Angel began in a strong, clear voice, “Buffy is ‘yours’ and she loves you William. Just as you love her. No one can tear you two apart, I believe that.”

“Thank you Peaches,” Spike whispered, staring at the hated house where his love was held captive. “But something worries me,” the blond vampire stammered. “What will this Rayne and this Ripper, if he shows up. What will they do to my Buffy?” Spike felt sick with concern, but he tried to push it back down, inside of him. It would do no good to show Angel any more of his weakness.

“I don’t know,” Angel answered honestly. “Whatever ‘spell’ those two morons are working up? It won’t be pleasant, that you can be sure of.”

“I’m growing weaker,” Spike mumbled, pulling his arm away from Angel. “By the minute, I’m weakening,” he added matter-of-factly. “Buffy’s strong, like a demon, but she won’t last much longer then me. Will she Peaches?” William’s frustration flittered across his own alter ego, Spike’s, visage.

“No,” Angel replied, firmly, hating himself for being so fucking honest. “Damn soul,” Angel hissed, under his breath.

“But she’ll stand by you,” Angel assured Spike again. “Til undeath do you part, your mate will stick by you.”

“I know,” Spike murmered in awe of his wife. “She’s mine and I’m hers, until eternity.”

A loud, desperate ‘hiss’ interrupted Spike’s musings.

“Angel, Spike,” came a harsh, manly whisper from behind the cherub tree on Giles front lawn. “Over here,” Charles Gunn rasped loudly.

Spike and Angel headed over to the tree and joined Gunn, who stayed hidden behind it.

“Lindsey and me,” Gunn began, seriously, “we’ve got a line on Riley Finn. He’s at some frat house, on the Sunnydale University campus. Took off from Giles place this AM, I’m guessing. Headed home, or to classes, I suppose. Anyway, as soon as the fuckhead shows his ugly mug tomorrow? Lindsey and me, we’re gonna’ grab him. Question is…” the tall good looking man grinned at his employer and Angel’s grandchilde. “Where do we take GI Joe to. Once we’ve got him?”

“To Oz’s?” Angel answered, glancing at Spike, questioningly.

“Yeah,” Spike growled, but smirked. “Bring that fucking boy scout to Oz’s place. Wolfboy has okayed anything necessary to get my girl back to me.”

Spike turned and sauntered closer to Giles front door, just outside of the ‘magical barrier’ that kept him from his wife.

‘We’re going to win, Princess,’ he called to Buffy. ‘We’ll be together, soon.’

‘I know,’ Buffy called back, ‘hurry Spike please,’ she whimpered. ‘I’m getting all wiggy, dizzy or something. It feels like I’m so hungry, like I haven’t eaten in days. Is this normal?’

‘No,’ Spike growled, his anger flaring again. “How dare they do this my girl,” he hissed, enraged.

‘It’s not normal, but be strong, baby,’ Spike continued, trying to reassure his wife. ‘You are mine, Buffy,’ he assured her. ‘Always mine. And I’m always yours.’

Buffy lay in the bed, listening to her husband’s wonderful words. She barely registered the man who watched her from the doorway of the bedroom.

“What do you want?” Buffy hissed, glaring at Ethan Rayne, who now sauntered up to her bed, again. “Get the hell away from me, asshole,” she hissed, threateningly.

“But I want to talk to you Miss Summers,” Ethan purred seductively. “About so many things.”

“Why?” Buffy asked harshly, “why the hell are you here, now? Why would a slithering snake like you, Rayne, help Rupert Giles? What do ‘you’ get out of this?”

“For starters,” Ethan smiled, amicably as he sat on the bed, next to Buffy. “I get something I’ve wanted since setting foot in this hell hole, over a year ago.”

“And that is?” Buffy asked, sarcastically.

“You,” Rayne grinned, running his fine, manicured fingers down Buffy’s bare arm.






A/N: Hope that wasn’t too silly. I have a hard time writing sensitive vampires!!! Anyway, please read and review. Thanks, luv, Spuf










Chapter 18: 'A Little Gift' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you to everyone reading this. I love reviews so....!
Luv, Spuf
DANCE OF THE MATES


Chapter 18: ‘A Little Gift’




Buffy stared at the ‘old’ reprobate, Ethan Rayne, in shock. She barely was able to choke out her next sentence:

“What the hell do you mean by ‘you’ Rayne!” she hissed at the smirking devil.

She tried to pull her arm away from the master magician, but he held tight.

“Oh, don’t get prissy, Miss Summers,” Ethan chuckled wickedly. “I’m not after you for your nubile little body, rest assured. It’s the killer in you that I want. If I need physical release, I’ll hire it and…”

“Oh geez,” Buffy groaned, “too much info, Rayne.” The blond slayer felt like she was going to be sick.

“Be that as it may, Slayer,” Ethan whispered as he leaned into Buffy’s face and grinned maliciously, “I want, no, I need the killer in you. I’ve always wanted my own personal killing machine Miss Summers. You fit the bill, nicely. I just wish I could figure out a way to bring your ‘mate’ on board. What a coup. Buffy the Vampire Slayer and her loving mate, William the Bloody. On a double bill and under my control.”

Buffy grimmaced at the closeness of this monster’s face to hers. With another groan, she muttered, evilly, “two words, Rayne. Breath mint.”

Ethan Rayne began to laugh, a low, gutteral sound in his throat. He grinned at the lovely little slayer and replied, “always with the quips, eh, Summers? It’s nice to know that even in defeat, you’re a virtual one woman show.”


“I’m hardly defeated, asshole!” Buffy hissed back at the sick, twisted man who held her arm.

Rayne let loose of the captive slayer and stood up from the bed, quickly. He sauntered to the bedroom door, turning only to give Buffy one parting shot.

“Always the brave little toaster, eh Summers?” Ethan asked with a quirked brow. His sarcastic tone, the twisted smirk on his face? It made Buffy want to hurl.

“Do not be fooled, little one,” he said evenly, “I will win this one. When this is over? You’ll be under my control, completely. I would think about this, girl,” he added smugly, “if you want to find your demon lover undusted in the end. If you give me your loyalty? I’ll spare your vampire’s unlife. And yours,” he finished with an evil grin. Then, he was gone from the room.

“Asshole!” Buffy hissed from her position on the bed. She pulled at the invisible chains that her so called best friend, Willow, had instilled on her.

‘Spike,’ Buffy called out into the darkness beyond her window.

‘I’m here,’ her mate replied, his voice weak with want of his Buffy.

‘Rayne, he’s offering haven for us. In his own fucked up way that is,’ she added, resentfully.

‘Angel says not to trust Rayne,’ Spike answered. ‘The bloke would stab you in the back just as soon as he could.’

‘And Angel’s such a good judge of character?’ Buffy silently asked her mate. ‘I mean, Darla, for the love of Pete?’

‘True,’ Spike had to chuckle despite himself. ‘But I’m believing Peaches on this one, Princess. He’s got a good eye for the bad guy, most of the time anyway. It’s the women that turn his head,the ponce.’

‘Too right,’ Buffy joined in her mate’s silent laughter.

“Spike! Dammit!” Angel hissed from the outer edge of Giles’ lawn. “Quit dissing me and let’s make some plans here!”

Angel was getting just a tad weary of his Grandchilde and his smart mouth. Frankly, it still rankled the elder vampire that the shit upstart had stolen his girl, Buffy, right out from under his nose.

“I have got to get me a steady girlfriend,” Angel sighed heavily. “Maybe a demon girl, like Cordy? But not Cordy, of course, she’s married to Wesley. Besides, I couldn’t afford the snit’s charge card bills.” Angel smiled to himself, but then scowled at his errant Grandchilde.

‘Broody’s callin’ sweetheart,’ Spike explained to his Buffy. ‘I’ll be back in a moment. Love you.’

“Sunrise,” Angel mumbled as he looked to the eastern horizon. “It’ll be here, in two hours or so. We need to get back to the wolf boy’s place. Talk some plans with the others. Come now, boy,” Angel ordered Spike, matter-of-factly.

Spike slumped in sorrow and looked longingly up at his Buffy’s prison. He was getting weaker by the minute, Spike was and he knew it. Buffy was feeling it too, the blond vampire had no doubt of that.

“Angel,” Spike began in a firm, but quiet tone. “If Buffy and I don’t get together, soon? We’ll die, for good I mean, right?”

“Yes,” Angel replied simply, trying to cover the pain that this very thought illicited in his soul. “Neither Buffy, nor you, can survive for much longer without the other. It’s the way of the ‘claim’ boy. You two might have thought about that before you brashly threw caution to the wind and claimed each other.”

Angel frowned at his shorter, blond relative, in exasperation. Spike raised up to his full 5’10” heighth and stood his ground with his Grandsire.

“I’d rather truly die for want of Buffy then unlive without her,” Spike growled up at his imposing elder. “Just because you never had the balls to take her, totally, for yourself,” he continued coolly, “don’t think that I’m that much of a coward, Angelus.”

Spike turned from his maker’s maker and walked slowly, closer to the Watcher’s house. He looked up at the window of the bedroom where he ‘sensed’ his mate was being held.

‘I’m lost without you,’ he cried out to his wife, his silent words echoed between them.

‘Me too,’ Buffy replied, desperately.

“Let’s go, Spike,” Angel ordered in an unusually subdued tone, for once. “None of us are going anywhere. Not until your mate is back in your arms,” Angel promised, yet again.

Spike followed his Grandsire, reluctantly, out from Giles’ lawn. He stopped, every few feet and sadly looked up at the light in the second floor window, where his mate was being held against her will.

Back at Oz’s place, Angel and Spike walked into a totally dark, empty apartment. The wolf boy was not home, but then neither were Wesley, Lindsey or Gunn.

Angel glared at Spike and headed into the kitchen, where the fridge had been stocked with plenty of blood for the two vampires. The broody vampire returned with two bags of the blood, one for Spike and one for himself.

“Eat,” Angel grunted at his Grandchile, “you’ll do no good to Buffy if you starve to death. By the look of you, you haven’t had a meal in days and…”

“So now you’re going to play Granddaddy, eh Angelus?” Spike mumbled as he took the bag of blood from the older vampire. “All worried about my bloody health? This is a change, oh Soul Boy, for you to worry about your ‘family’ like this.”

Spike tore the bag open with his teeth and drank the nourishing liquid, hungrily. He watched the remorseful expressions on his grandsire’s face as he drank.

‘Old man’s right,’ Spike thought to himself as he drained the last drop. ‘I can’t help my Buffy if I’m weak from lack of food.’

Tossing the bag into the kitchen trash, Spike reached back into the fridge and pulled out two beers for him and Angel. He handed his elder his bottle and flopped down on the chair across from him.

“She’ll die first,” Angel muttered, resentfully after he pulled the beer bottle cap off, with his teeth.

Spike bolted from the chair, his fear and pain was written all over his face.

“She can’t!” he cried harshly. “If anyone goes first? It’s me. I can’t live without her, Angel, I can’t…”

“I know that boy,” Angel sighed heavily, “and neither of you will die, I swear it. We just need to get this finished. I’m hoping that Gunn and Lindsey are finding some ‘alternatives’ to our problem. Wesley is off studying and doing research, that I know. If anyone can convince Giles and the others, diplomatically, that is? It’s Wesley.”

Buffy watched Giles, warily, as he entered the room she occupied. By the look of her Watcher’s gait, it would seem that he was an old man of eighty or so. Giles seemed to have aged twenty or thirty years, in a few days.

“He’s going to screw you over, you know that, right?” Buffy stated evenly as Giles sat in the chair next to her bed. “Rayne I mean, he’s out for ‘something’ Giles. And it’s not to be best buddies with you again.”

“We need him,” Giles muttered, without any sign of conviction, whatsoever. His blue eyes looked so sad and Buffy almost felt sorry for her surrogate father.

“Rayne wants me and Spike, Giles,” Buffy continued, matter-of-factly. “He wants his own personal mercenaries, which means my mate and I. I wonder why Giles? Do you know?” Buffy almost smirked at the older man, but held it back. She could tell that her Watcher was suffering, emotionally, that is.

“When I was Ripper,” Giles began, cautiously, “back in College? Ethan and I, we were best mates. He grew darker and darker by the day and…” Giles’ voice trailed off and he hung his head sadly.

“You’re not Ripper anymore, Giles,” Buffy said softly. “You are Rupert Giles, ex-librarian, Watcher extraordinaire. Ethan Rayne may still be walking with the dark forces, but you are not. Why are you doing this Rupert? Can’t you just let me happy now?”

Buffy tilted her blond head and looked into Giles clear blue eyes, sadly. She knew this man, her protector for years, loved her like a daughter. And yet? He would not even let her make her own decision as to who to love.

“I love Spike,” Buffy murmered, honestly.

“It’s a spell,” Giles muttered, stubbornly. “That ‘thing’ has you in his thrall and…”

“Get out,” Buffy hissed harsly. “I thought I told you to get the hell away from me, at least for a while. Right now, Giles? I hate the sight of you. All of you.”

Giles stood up and shuffled out of the room, never looking back at his captive Slayer.

Spike woke up first, still lying, half prone on the huge old chair in Oz’s living room. He glanced around and spied Angel, still asleep on the couch.

Apparently, Oz had come home, during the early morning hours and made his way into his own bedroom. The wolf boy’s door was closed and it had been opened when Spike and Angel returned just before sunrise.

Looking at the clock on Oz’s wall, Spike saw that it was close to 9:30 AM. The curtains in Oz’s apartment had been carefully close, tight, to block the offensive rays of the sun.

A heavy knock on the door jolted Angel from his sleep and caused Spike to jump up from the chair. Angel stretched and headed over to the door to investigate.

“It’s us,” Gunn’s voice came from the other side of the door. “We’ve got a little ‘gift’ for you Angel,” the man chucked deeply.

Angel looked at Spike who nodded and watched as the older vampire opened the door. A very pleasant sight met the two vampires’ eyes.

Riley Finn, bound and gagged, and blindfolded, was pushed into the middle of Oz’s living room. The Initiative officer stumbled into the room and fell onto the floor, on his knees.

“Looky who we ‘caught’ just before his first class at Sunnydale U.” Lindsey pointed at Riley who was still on the floor. “Someone’s going to be tardy to English Lit.” The handsome employee of Angel began to chuckle, wickedly.

Angel leaned down and grasped Riley by the collar of his shirt, dragging him up. With his right hand, Angel ripped the blindfold, then the gag from Riley and glared into the human’s fearful brown eyes.

“Remember me?” Angel snarled at the hated mortal.

“Unfortunately,” Riley hissed back, then glared over at Spike, viciously.

“She’s going to reject the claim, demon,” Riley snarled at the blond vampire, smugly. “Rayne, Giles’ friend will…”

“Ethan Rayne is no one’s friend, asshole,” Angel growled and flung Riley onto the couch. “He’s got one friend in the world, himself,” the dark vampire added with a menacing voice.

“You weren’t here for the Halloween party a couple of years back, Captain,” Spike interjected in a deep, gutteral tone. “Rayne has no loyalty to anyone, or anything. He only wants Buffy for himself and if he touches one bottle blond hair of my woman’s head? I’ll rip his guts out and shove them up his arse!”

“But first,” Spike added, snarkily, “I think I’ll rip your guts out and shove them up your arse, Soldier boy.”

“You can’t do a fucking thing to me, demon,” Riley hissed at Spike, reminding him of the chip. “You’ll nearly stroke out if you even think about harming me in any way.” Riley grinned, in evil glee, at his rival.

“I think I’ll take that chance,” Spike mumbled as he closed the gap between him and his enemy. “It’ll be worth a migraine to beat the shit out of a worthless asshole like you.”

“Besides,” Angel began, evenly, as he grabbed his Grandchilde’s arm, rather gently for a vampire. “Spike won’t even have to break a black painted fingernail on you.”

Angel stepped in front of his blond ‘childe’ and leaned over Riley, menacingly. Riley slumped back into the couch, his brown eyes bright with terror.

“I’ll rip you apart, limb from limb, GI Joe,” Angel growled, his mouth in a sadistic smirk. “I’ve got no chip in my head, boy,” he continued, “just a soul. And when dealing with a sadistic, fucking moron like you? What’s a soul gonna’ stop me from doing?”


A/N: I just had to write a chapter of this story, tonight to keep it going. It’s getting closer to the end, hopefully. Thanks to everyone for reading and reviewing. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 19: 'It's Starting...' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you for reading this. I know it's been a while but I'm trying to pick up this fic again and bring it to a close.
DANCE OF THE MATES




Chapter 19: ‘It’s Starting…’


A/N: Buffy asks some questions and gets ‘some’ answers. Both Spike and Buffy start to ‘feel’ the pain of their seperation from each other.


“So, what’s in this, for you, Xand?” Buffy mumbled, weakly, at her ex-best male friend. Xander had slipped into Giles’ guest bedroom, just a few moments before, when Buffy was somewhat asleep.

“In it? For me?” Xander asked, all wide-eyed and innocent. “I only want what’s best for you, Buffster,” he muttered, defensively. “Just want you to be happy. In a ‘normal’ relationship and with…”

“Happy?” Buffy chuckled in a sarcastic tone. “If you truly want me happy Zeppo boy? Then get Willow to un-mojo these invisible chains and get me the fuck out of here!”

Xander began to back away from the Slayer, slowly, making his way to the door.

“That’s it, run, Xander,” Buffy hissed, “you’re so damn good at that, right?” She was beginning to feel pretty weak, all over and Buffy instinctively knew this had something to do with the claim between her and Spike.

“Everybody has a personal agenda, in this fucked up mess, Xander,” Buffy growled again, lowly. “Especially you, and Riley, and Ethan Rayne, maybe even Giles? Come on, Xand, you can tell me. What’s in it for you?”

“I told you,” Xander muttered, defensively, “I’m trying to ‘save’ you. Be your ‘white knight’ and all.” The dark haired teen’s explainantion might have flown, if he hadn’t whined as he was saying it.

“I have a ‘white knight’ Xander,” Buffy hissed. “My white knight, Spike. I love him and he loves me. I don’t need saving, Xander! Why don’t you just go home, Xander,” she sighed, exhausted again, “just go home to your girl and leave ‘us’ alone?”

“More like a dark Prince, Buff and remember,” the dark haired man sniffed. “I loved you first,” Xander whimpered before he escaped from the bedroom.

“And I never loved you at all,” Buffy countered at his retreating back. “At least not in that way,” she cried.

“Oh, just peachy!” Buffy hissed loudly, “unrequited love by Xander Harris. What next? Giles makes a fatherly arranged marriage for me? With Riley Finn?”

“Buffy,” Willow’s soft voice echoed through the room.

“Go away Wills,” Buffy whispered, suddenly more tired then she had ever been in her young life.

“I can’t, Buffy,” Willow sniffed as she sat on the bed, next to her Slayer friend. “I’m scared, for you, for me, for all of us, even Spike,”

Buffy looked at her friend in surprise, but closed her green eyes, virtually shutting out the sight of her best friend.

“You should have thought of that, Willow, before you conjured up some stupid spell to keep me here.”

“Are you okay?” Willow whimpered, trying to take Buffy’s tiny hand in hers.

Buffy pulled her hand away, abruptly and hissed, “don’t touch me. You don’t give a rat’s ass about me, Willow. All’s you care about is what Xander and Giles think is best for me!”

The Slayer’s green eyes shot lazers of fire at her so called best friend. “You want to know if I’m okay?” Buffy muttered in a tone mixed with sarcasm and pain.

“Well, I’m not okay. I feel like I am dying inside, something I know my mate, Spike is feeling. But do you care? Any of you? No,” Buffy growled, her brows scrunched in pain.

“It’s starting, already?” Willow asked, meekly. “The claim, it’s taking over, your disconnection is becoming physical? Oh, God, Buff, I’m so…”

“Don’t even say it, you traitorous bitch!” Buffy hissed at her once good friend. “I stood by you, with Oz. I backed your feelings for him. Xander didn’t, neither did Giles, but I did. So what do you do? The minute I choose an outsider as my mate? You turn your back on me and throw in with them.”

Buffy used her chin to point to the bedroom door. “Make no mistake Wills,” she mumbled, angrily, “Ethan Rayne will ‘overpower’ you and Giles. He’ll make things go his way and then? You, Xander, even Giles will be history, if Rayne has his way. You think you’re such a mighty witch, don’t you?” Buffy smirked at Willow.

“I’m okay,” Willow replied, her voice barely audible, even to Buffy.

“You are no match for Ethan Rayne, Willow Rosenberg. If he wanted, my so-called friend, he could break these chains from me, like now. Hell, he even offered to. All’s I have to do is accept Rayne’s terms and drag Spike along with me. He’ll spare us both, on one condition. Care to know what that is?”

“N…no,” Willow stuttered, suddenly standing up from the bed and scurrying to the bedroom door.

“Oh, by the way, Willow,” Buffy chuckled, “where’s Oz been lately? Haven’t seen him around. Odd, you two are usually living out of each other’s pockets, right?”

Willow shot Buffy a look of pain and rushed out of the bedroom door.


Angel paced back and forth, in Oz’s apartment, in front of the still tied up Riley Finn.

“You know,” Finn began with a smug voice, “if I don’t show up, for muster, that is? My brothers’ in arms will come looking for me.” Riley seemed quite pleased at this revelation and he grinned, snarkily at both Angel and Spike.

“Seriously doubt if you’ll be missed, mate,” Spike chuckled, lighting another cigarette. “I think you give yourself a little too much credit, Captain,” the blond vampire continued, as he blew smoke into Finn’s face.


“Those things will kill you, you know?” Riley hissed.

“I’m already dead, asshole,” Spike hissed back in a harsh tone.

“That’s the point, isn’t it?” Finn with a weak smirk. “You have no business with a fine, perfect girl like Buffy. But me? Why I can…”

“You couldn’t find your own dick in the daylight, fuckbrain!” Spike growled at Riley as he stormed over the couch. Staring his mortal enemy down, face to face, Spike glared into Finn’s stupid brown eyes.

“You think you deserve a ‘woman’ like my Buffy?” Spike hissed, his white teeth bared like a wolfs. “You’re not good enough to lick the ground my mate walks on. She has nothing but contempt for you, Finn,” Spike continued, smugly.

“Now? She hates your guts and believe me. If Rayne, or the Watcher or even Red figures out a way to break the claim? Which I doubt, by the way,” the vampire grinned, again smugly. “My Buffy will never, ever go back to you, Soldier Boy. Never. She can’t bear the thought of you touching her!”

Spike suddenly halted his tirade and grabbed his chest, a shocked look on his face. “Holy fuck!” he roared as he stumbled back and fell into one of Oz’s secondhand chairs.

Wesley, who had arrived moments before, hurried forward to check the blond vampire.

“It’s starting, Angel,” the ex-watcher muttered softly. “The disconnection from his mate is killing him. Or re-killing him that is, by inches. I can only imagine what poor Miss Summers is going through.”


“Buffy,” Spike hissed in horror, his chest wracked with pain.

“Why would it bother Buffy?” Riley asked, clueless, as usual. “If Spike dies, again, wouldn’t that help Buffy? Free her from all of this…”

“You just don’t get it, do you, asshole?” Angel growled, going to his grandchilde and taking him by the shoulders. Everyone in the room watched, in awe, as the older vampire, Angelus hugged his childer to him, almost lovingly.

“If my grandchilde dies,” Angel hissed, in a low, dangerous tone, “from being seperated from his mate? They love each other, human. Can’t be seperated from each other, for very long. It’s already been too long and both Buffy and Spike, here, are going to only get worse, physically that is.”

Angel held Spike to him, like a doting father might and faced Riley Finn with a murderous expression in his fine dark eyes.

“If my grandchilde dies from this seperation? Or his mate, Buffy dies? If either one of them suffers any pain repercussions from this fucking mess? I’ll tear you all apart, piece by nasty piece, Finn. Do you understand me?”

Riley Finn began to tremble, unfortunately, giving off the odor of fear that permeated the entire room. All of the beings present, vampire or not, felt the horror of Riley Finn.

“I’m okay, Angelus,” Spike mumbled, embarrassed by his momentary physical weakness.

“I believe it’s time for me to confront Rupert,” Wesley interjected with a firm nod of his handsome head. “I’ll take the BMW, drive over to Giles’ home and have a heart to heart with him. Should I reveal our ‘captive’ here, to Rupert and his cohorts?”


Wesley eyed Riley, with contempt, as he awaited his employer’s orders.

“You’re right, it’s time, Wes,” Angel motioned to the front door. “Take Gunn and Lindsey with you. They’ll up the odds and make sure that Giles and that idiot, Harris, understand that Spike and me will tear Finn here apart. Unless,” the older, dark haired vampire smiled, with an angel’s countenance. “Unless they release Buffy, immediately? Spike and me will rip Finn’s head off and use it as a basketball. Is that understood?”

“Quite,” Wesley replied in a subdued voice. “Shall we go, then, gentlemen?” He asked of the intimidating men in front of him.

“Let’s roll,” Gunn chuckled, always up for a good confrontation.

“Could you check in, with Cordy, Angel?” Wesley asked, quietly. “I know I shouldn’t be gone from her, at this time but…”

“I’ll call her for you, Wes,” Angel smiled warmly.

After Wesley, Lindsey and Gunn left, Oz offered to cook up some human type food for everyone. Heck, even Riley Finn, the hostage.

As Oz went about preparing some kind of breakfast, or lunch that is, Angel and Spike discussed their next set of plans. Riley watched, apprehensively, as these two still powerful vampires plotted their next moves to free Buffy.

“You’re getting weaker, by the minute, boy,” Angel stated, matter-of-factly. “Buffy must be a mess by now,” the older vampire added, sorrowfully.

“She better be all right, Angelus,” Spike hissed, again grabbing the area over where his human heart would have dwelled. “If they hurt her, or cause her to be hurt, I’ll…” the blond vampire growled in Riley’s direction, menacingly.

“You really think Buffy’s going through this too?” Riley asked in a subdued ‘concerned’ tone.

“I know she is,” Angel hissed at the human, angrily. “Spike’s a vampire and even though Buffy is powerful and strong? She won’t last as long as him. But, my grandchilde will follow his mate, quickly, into true death. That is unless they are allowed to reunite. You’d have done well to remember that, human!” Angel mumbled harshly at this human rival.

“But you loved her, once, too,” Riley whined, “can you stand there and tell me that you want Spike to end up with our Buffy?”

“First off,” Spike rasped, standing and closing the gap once again between him and Captain Cardboard, “Buffy is ‘mine’ only. Not yours, Peaches or anyones elses’. Get that through your fucking melon, Soldier Boy.”

“I still love Buffy,” Angel interjected, shutting his grandchilde up, momentarily. “But Buffy has made her choice. She chose William, or Spike as you know him,” the dark vampire frowned and glared at Riley. “I have no choice, myself, but to honor their sacred claim together and help them both,” Angel finished with a shrug.

“You’re turnin’ into quite the patriach, Grandpops!” Spike chuckled through another spasm of physical pain in his chest.

“Shut the fuck up, Willie,” Angel growled and stomped off into the kitchen.

“Grand Dad doesn’t like to be reminded that he’s now the true and only real Head of the Aurilius Clan. Gives him a sharp kick of broody pain in the gut. The guilt and all?” Spike eyed Riley, expectantly.

When the human feigned ignorance, Spike laughed out loud. “It’s the soul thing, asshole,” the vampire smirked in sadistic glee. “Peaches and his ‘cursed soul’ don’t mix with ‘damned vampire’ descriptives, you know? Kind of contradicts each other? Oh, shit, forget it,” Spike spat in disgust.

“Geesh! Vampires!” Riley sighed in frustration. The man appeared to finally close his brown eyes to get some rest. Apparently? It was gonna’ be a long, long day and night.


A/N: I wrote this chapter, to keep interest in the story. It’s been way too long. I’m thinking that I might get maybe three or four more chapters out of this. I hate to just ‘end’ it, abruptly, but then again, I think it’s time for our Spuffy couple to be reunited. Don’t you? (That and someone or make that some humans, are in for an ass kicking!)

Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 20: 'What The Hell Is Going On Here!' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you for reading this and please review.
DANCE OF THE MATES




Chapter 20: ‘What the Hell Is Going On Here!’


A/N: This chapter is kind of all over the page…hope it makes sense, soon.


“Buffy,” Willow called from the bedroom door, softly, apparently too afraid of the bound Slayer to just waltz inside, again. This was odd, really, since it was Buffy who was trussed up like a Christmas Goose, not anyone else, right?

“Oh, just come in, Wills,” Buffy sighed in exasperation and nodded her head at her red haired friend. “You will anyway, whether I really want you to or not…”

Willow shuffled into the room, careful to keep her eyes off of Buffy. Buffy, on the other hand, continued to stare, hotly, at Willow.

“Wesley’s here,” Willow mumbled, never even looking at Buffy. “He downstairs, with Giles and Xander, waiting to come up and see you. “Can he?”

The red head finally looked at her ‘ex-best friend’ sadly.

‘She’ll lose it completely, before this mess is over,’ Buffy realized, eyeing Willow, almost, but not quite concerned.

“Of course,” Buffy blurted, eagerly, “hopefully he’s come with some back up and to talk some sense in you assholes!”

“Well, he is here to talk, that’s for sure,” Willow blushed brightly, but Giles wouldn’t let those guys, Gunn and Lindsey? I think that’s their names. He wouldn’t let them come inside,” she finished with a scowl.

“Bring him in!” Buffy cried, trying not to let the relief in her voice show. ‘If anyone can talk some sense into Giles? It’s old Wes, that’s for sure,’ Buffy reasoned to herself.

“I am here, Buffy,” Wesley Pryce hurried into the small room, a worried look on his handsome face.

“Are you all right, dear,” the young Watcher asked with concern. He gave Buffy a quick respectful ‘once over’ with his dark eyes. Just to check things out, tentively.

“No, I’m lousy,” Buffy groaned, feeling another pain hit her, right in the chest area. Especially right in her heart region.

“I know,” Wesley whispered in sympathy, “Spike’s not doing too well either, I’m afraid,” he added with a grimmace.

“Spike! What’s wrong with him?” Buffy cried in anguish, ignoring her fresh pain, again in the heart area.

“He’s feeling a bit peckish, dear,” Wesley shook his dark head sadly. “Much as I fear you are?”

“In the heart?” Buffy murmered, fearfully as another ‘sympathy’ pain overwhelmed her yet again.

“Yes,” Wesley sighed with a heavy heart himself. “Your mate is suffering, as you are, I fear. I tried to talk to Giles, make him understand, but…” Wesley’s voice trailed off, weakly.

“Oh, I understand,” Buffy hissed, suddenly feeling a little more power then she had before. “They’re assholes,” she growled, her green eyes filled with yellow fire.

“Yes, they are,” Wesley nodded in agreement as he patted Buffy’s little hand. “I’m not giving up, Buffy,” he assured the Slayer, “just taking a break and trying to figure out another course of action. One that is successful, I hope,” he finished with another sigh.

“There is the Riley Finn factor,” Wesley mumbled, under his breath.

“What? Who?” Buffy gasped in shock. “Riley? What about him?” she asked through narrowed eyes.

“Gunn and Lindsey,” Wesley stammered, “they caught Mr. Finn out, before school, I guess. Took him to Angel and Spike to use as a bargaining chip. With the others, I mean,” the young Watcher nervously shrugged his shoulders and avoided the Slayer’s green eyed gaze.

“Good for them!” Buffy cried, gleefully, completely shocking Wesley, well, kind of surprising him, mildly that is.

“They, Angel and Spike, thought that Finn would make a perfect patsy, or hostage, I should say,” Wesley rambled, excitedly. “I have not told Rupert or the others that we have this ace up our sleeve,” he continued in a conspiritory whisper. “However, I have told them that you are not the first Slayer to mate with a Master Vampire. It has happened, at least twice before, that we know of, anyway,” he added with a bright blush of his own.

“Get out of here!” Buffy giggled, for the first time in days. “You mean that a sister Slayer, or should I say ancestor Slayer of mine got jiggy with a Vampire?”

“Well, if you mean ‘mated’ by the term ‘jiggy’ then yes,” Wesley blushed again. “Once, almost two-hundred years ago, in Germany, or somewhere Slavic. Another time, way back when, well over a two thousand or so years ago. In Rome, it was,” Wesley murmered, deep in thought. “The ancient tomes claim that the Slayer was from the Julian line of ancestry.”

“Julian?” Buffy scrunched up her brows, trying to remember that ‘name’ in her head. “You mean like the calendar?” she asked, innocently.

Wesley had to laugh, well, chuckle, kind of at Buffy’s naivity. “Well, yes, sort of,” he smiled down at the poor little bound Slayer. “However, more the that? I mean Julian as in the ‘House of the first Caesars’ that is.”

“No way,” Buffy gasped again, truly intrigued by now. “You mean like Julius Caesar? The big guy? The great Emperor dude!” Her green eyes were round as saucers by this time.

“Yes,” Wesley laughed out loud, happy to see Buffy’s color return to her face, briefly anyway. “However,” he grew serious, “if you knew your history better, Buffy dearest? You would know that the name of ‘Julius’ was taken from the female line of the earliest of the Caesars. It began as ‘Julia’ and belonged to a few very formidible, truly great women of the family. Including Caeser’s Aunt Julia, the woman who groomed Julius himself.”

“Wow!” Buffy exclaimed, stunned at the implications here. “So you’re telling me that a Slayer, from thousands of years ago got cozy with a Master Vampire? A really big, bad vampire from the time of the Caesars?”

“So it would seem,” Wesley replied with a warm smile at the young girl. “It makes sense, really,” he continued, deep in thought. “Slayers are strong, beyond reason. Physically, emotionally and mentally. Just as Master Vampires are. Makes perfect sense that a Slayer chosen from one of the most monumental families in history would choose a mate from the enemy’s lineage. Political marriages have been a main stay of society for thousands of years. I’m not saying that these matches, the ancient one and the most recent,” Wes continued, “were totally political. Apparently, they were true love matches, based on passion with a little power thrown in for good measure. Much like you and your mate’s match? At least, that is what I gathered, correct?”

“Correct,” Buffy whispered, a little overwhelmed by all this political, passion play intrigue.

“Spike and I, we love each other, Wesley,” Buffy assured the young man.

“I know that Buffy,” Wesley sighed, “but where the Council is concerned? Most importantly, where Rupert Giles and your friends are concerned? The love and passion part are insignificant in this matter. However,” he continued, his expression brightening a little, “if I were to ‘push’ the positive aspects of the polictical or power issues of your match with William the Bloody?”

Buffy watched Wesley, carefully, finally, perhaps getting what the man was trying to tell her.

“If you make Giles see what’s ‘good’ about Spike and me? How truly phenomenal a match between us could be?” Buffy mumbled, verbalizing her thoughts. “Then he might relent and come to our side in the matter?” She began to smile, just a little at the thought of this new turn of events.

“Exactly!” Wesley gushed, happily. “And I do believe I can get Rupert to see things our way,” he nodded eagerly. “It’s this Rayne fellow that bothers me, though,” he added with a frown.

“Ethan Rayne is a fucking moron,” Buffy hissed, suddenly very angry and unhappy again.

“Buffy!” Wesley gasped at the vulgarity from the Warrior of the People.

“Well, he is,” Buffy pouted.

“Hey, Giles,” Buffy greeted the Watcher, hovering in the doorway of the bedroom. “Care to come in? Have a little history lesson via old Wes here?” The greeting would have been ‘nice’ if Buffy hadn’t used such a sarcastic tone.

“He’s already ‘enlightened’ me, Buffy,” Giles grumbled lowly, his own mouth twisted in a silly pout.

“Please, Rupert,” Wesley stood up from the bed and motioned for Giles to join them. “I think I have some information that may help change your attitude, as to our Slayer’s ‘marriage’ with William that is.”

“She’s ‘my’ Slayer, Pryce,” Giles grumbled, again, as he shuffled over closer to the bed and sat on the empty chair beside it.

“Buffy,” Wesley began, his voice almost a scold, “is a young woman, Rupert. Her own woman and therefore, she should be treated as such. I just wish you would come to your senses man and see the positive aspects of this mating. With one of the strongest, most intelligent Master Vampires as a mate, Buffy will be more assured a ‘future’ for herself. William the Bloody, who apparently loves ‘your’ Slayer beyond reason, is the perfect mate and partner for Buffy. Even Angel agrees with this.”

“Hmph, Angelus!” Giles snorted in disgust. “There’s a bloody great judge of a mate for Buffy, I must say.” The older Watcher crossed his arms in anger and glared at the younger Watcher with a stubborn grimmace.

“I am in the room you know,” Buffy growled lowly at both of the Watchers. Suddenly, she cried out in anguish, her mouth twisted in pain and fear.

“Fuck!” Buffy screamed shrilly, unable to place her hands over the source of her physical pain, her chest.

“Buffy,” Giles leapt up from the chair and clasped his Slayer with his gentle hands. “My God, are you all right dear?” he cried, desperately.

“No!” Buffy cried back at him. “I won’t be all right until Spike and me are united, can’t I make you see that?”

“She is correct, Rupert,” Wesley confirmed Buffy’s statement. He hovered behind Giles, anxiously watching the little Slayer’s reactions.

“I, I only want what’s best for you, Buffy,” Giles stammered, his voice shaky with threatening tears. “Just wanted you to have a normal life, normal love and maybe even a family someday. Is that so wrong?” The older man could not bring himself to look into his Slayer’s lovely green eyes.

“I don’t ‘get’ normal, Giles, not ever,” Buffy hissed, still in pain, apparently. “I probably don’t even get a future life. Especially if you keep me from my mate,” she whimpered.

“Rayne claims he can break the spell, dear,” Giles murmered, more to himself then either Buffy or Wesley.

“Rayne’s a fucking liar!” Buffy hissed harshly. “He’s just using you, me and every one of us. For his own agenda, Giles, dammit! Why can’t you see that?”

“It’s true, Rupert,” Wesley said evenly, getting a bit frustrated himself, however. “I doubt if Ethan Rayne can break this spell and if I remember him? He ‘is’ in this for his own selfish motives. And, I am sure that they are evil motives as well,” the young, handsome Watcher nodded, a serious look on his face.

Ethan Rayne, Xander Harris and Willow took that opportune time to enter the bedroom.

“My ears are burning,” Rayne chuckled in a sadistic tone, “you aren’t talking about ‘me’ are you? Very rude Ripper. And you Wes? Come now, the ‘proper’ way you boys were raised? I’m shocked!”
The old wizard grinned, wickedly and sauntered up to the bed.

“Are you filling my collegues’ minds with little Slayer lies, Miss Summers?” Ethan smiled, but menacingly, down at Buffy.

“No,” Buffy replied, glibly, “just telling them the fucking truth, asshole.”

“Tell them, Wes,” Buffy blurted out, suddenly. “Tell them about the ‘ass’ up our, oh, I mean, ‘ace’ up our sleeves.”

“Angel and Spike have a ‘bargaining’ chip in their possession,” Wesley began, carefully. He sounded very diplomatic, at least Buffy thought so.

“What would that be?” Willow asked, warily.

“Riley Finn,” Wesley replied simply and held his breath.

“What!” Giles gasped. “You can’t be serious! How in the bloody hell did Angel and Spike get a hold of Finn?”

“Well, actually,” Wesley grinned, slightly, “it was Charles Gunn and Lindsey that acquired Mr. Finn. On the Sunnydale University campus, I believe,” he ended with a smug tone.

“This is just a power play!” Xander interjected, “just a way to make us feel pressured to hand Buffy over and…”

“They ‘will’ tear him apart, piece by piece,” Wesley interrupted the silly young man, Harris. “Finn that is. Angel will bring Angelus out to play with the boy. Make him pay, dearly, for aiding in this ridiculous farce of all of yours. One thing you must remember,” Wesley continued, his handsome face was deadly serious. “Angel puts ‘his’ family first, above anything else. William the Bloody is his family, just as Buffy now is.” Wes nodded down at the grinning Slayer, then gave her a wicked wink.

“My employer, Angel, will do anything he must to secure William’s mate, Buffy, back to his Grandchilde. No human laws, or human soul will ever come before that. Or stop Angel from that intent.” Wesley finished with a warning look at the humans present and shrugged his fine shoulders.

“Riley knows the pitfalls,” Xander mumbled in the background, “knew what all this might entail. He’ll take the punishment from those sick fucks, like a real man and…”

Again, Xander was cut off, but this time by Buffy, first.

“Harris,” Buffy hissed as she shot deadly glares at Xander, “if you ever call my mate, your superior, anything like fuck, blond menace, peroxide boy or evil undead thing, again? When I’m out of here? I’ll rip ‘your’ body limb from limb and see how you like it!”

“Angel happens to be my friend, besides my employer, Mr. Harris,” Wesley Pryce sputtered, indignantly. “I do not want to hear his name slandered or him called anything but Angel. Is that clear, boy?” The young Watcher matched Buffy’s ferocious glare with one of his own.

“Okay, okay,” Xander backed up and down, simotaneously. “I won’t be calling either of the Deadboys bad names. I get it,” he grumbled and kicked the dresser with his right foot.

“Ouch!” Xander cried in pain.

“This is ridiculous,” Rayne sighed loudly and strode to the bedside. “Ripper,” he grunted, exasperated beyond anything. “Just call the police and inform them that a young man is being held against his will, it’s that simple, really. You always did make things so bloody difficult, Rupert.”

“Oh, that’ll just be great,” Buffy chuckled, finally saying something again. “Send Sunnydale’s finest over to save Riley Finn so they can find out that old Giles here is holding ‘me’ hostage? That’s gonna’ be just great front page news, eh Wes?”

“Doubtful,” Wesley replied, dryly. His smirk was noticed by everyone in the room.

“Then let the boy die,” Ethan Rayne shrugged, indifferently. “A mere loss, compared to the losing of the greatest Slayer that ever walked the face of the earth, right?” Rayne smiled, manevolently, at Buffy and Wes. “Besides,” the evil genious continued, “I’m near the spell to break the claim and…”

“See here, Rayne,” Giles began, quite fed up with everything by now. “All human life is important and while I wish Buffy would come back to us, on her own accord and such, I can’t have a young man’s life torn from him because…”

“Besides,” Buffy broke in, maliciously, “you know damn well, Rayne, that there is ‘no’ way to break the claim. Especially if neither me or my Will don’t want it broken. Don’t you?” She grinned, smugly, noticing that Ethan looked very, very uncomfortable at that very moment.

“You little bitch,” Ethan began in a harsh, angry voice. “You think you and your fucking vampire lover can take on me and win? Just because you spread those long, lovely legs of yours and…”

A loud noise, much like the slamming of a huge, oaken front door, disrupted the ‘conversation’ that was going on in the bedroom.

Before anyone in the room could make a move, a very flushed, very enraged ‘mother’ made her appearance in the bedroom’s doorway. A virtual ‘mama lion’ in the guise of Joyce Summers stood, glowering in the doorway, anger radiating from her body.

“Just what the hell is going on here? And why the hell is my baby being held hostage in this God damned prison!” Joyce roared so loudly, that the rafters of the Giles’ house shook in fear.


A/N: Whew! I really wanted to begin the freeing of Buffy process in this chapter, but couldn’t quite pull it off. Plot wise that is. Too many loose ends to deal with first.

I’ll give you a heads up on the next chapter: Ethan is not going down without a fight. Joyce is not going, period, without her daughter. Xander is not going to get out of this, totally intact and Willow is not going to the Homecoming dance with Oz this year.

Angel is not going to go totally Angelus on us. And of course, Spike and Buffy are not going to give up their mutual claim on each other! As for Riley? Well, we’ll have to read the next chapter and find out, eh? Hehehehehe!

Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 21: 'Buffy Unbound!' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you for reading, please review.
DANCE OF THE MATES




Chapter 21: ‘Buffy Unbound!’



“So, is anyone going to let me know just what the hell is really going on here!” Joyce Summers roared again as she strode over to the bed where her daughter, Buffy was being ‘held’ against her will.

“I suppose we have ‘you’ to thank for calling in the re-enforcements, eh Wesley?” Giles groaned fearfully. The Watcher eyed Joyce, a little more then intimidated by this formidible woman.

“Actually, no,” Wesley countered, taking off his glasses and wiping them on his crisp, white shirt. “I believe it was my wife, Cordelia, that rang Mrs. Summers, on the telephone,” he grinned, a proud tone in his voice.

“It was,” Joyce growled at Rupert Giles, then glared at Xander and Willow. “Pity it had to be my daughter’s one time cheerleading rival who had to let me know what was happening, here. I’m really ashamed, of all of you,” Mrs. Summers hissed at the shamefaced people, Giles, Willow and Xander who were present in the room.

“Joyce,” Xander stammered, “we just wanted to protect Buffy, make sure that we get her away from that ‘thing’ she fell under the spell of and mated with…” Xander cringed in disgust at his own words.

“My daughter is perfectly capable of deciding who and what she mates with, Xander Harris,” Joyce snapped at the dark haired man. “And for the record? I’d rather have Buffy ‘mated’ as you so politely put it, to a real ‘man’ like Spike, then some other males I could think of!” Joyce glared at Xander Harris with total contempt.

“Get her out of this,” Joyce ordered Willow, specifically, having figured out who was behind the invisible chain crap. “You get my daughter out of this and set her free, Willow Rosenberg,” Joyce spat, “or I’ll rip your red hair out of your head, strand by strand and…”

“Joyce, please,” Giles gasped, “there’s no need for violence here. Willow was just trying to help us and Buffy. We believe she’s been seduced by Spike’s thrall and has no voice in this so…”

“Mom,” Buffy finally piped in, “there’s no thrall, no seduction, unless you consider the great sex that Spike and me have together that is. I…”

“Buffy, please,” Joyce sighed heavily, “I don’t want to hear about my daughter’s sex life, even if it is with her mate. However,” Mama Summers spun back around and glowered at Giles, Xander and Willow, oh, and on this ‘newcomer’ guy with them. “If you don’t release my daughter, immediately? I’ll wreck such havoc on all of you that…wait a minute,” Joyce halted her tirade and really ‘scrutinized’ this new man who stood before her.

“I know you,” Joyce gasped in shock, “you’re the little maggot that orchestrated that Band Candy fiasco, from last year! You turned us all into teenagers again, through the candy and caused the mojo that ended in Giles and me….” Joyce turned ten shades of red and swallowed, hard. “Nevermind,” she gulped weakly.

Ethan Rayne raised his well plucked right eyebrow and smirked at the lovely Mrs. Summers. “Can you say ‘police car’ Mrs. Summers?” he chuckled, smugly.

“Whatever!” Joyce hissed, turning her wrath once again on Rupert Giles. “Make Willow break the chains on Buffy,” she ordered her daughter’s Watcher, firmly.

“Joyce,” Giles began, carefully.

“Don’t you Joyce me, you, you, sick old reprobate!” Joyce cried, angrily. “My daughter has given and given, for years, to you and your sadistic group of old bastards that you call the Council. She’s risked death, turning, horror at every corner, just because ‘you’ and a bunch of old control freak fucks said she should. That it was ‘her’ duty. Well, now she wants something for herself, with the ‘man’ she loves and I’ll be God damned if she’s not going to get it!”

Joyce looked as if she was about to explode, literally, from all of the righteous indignation that had built up inside of her. Her face was bright red, still, and her blue eyes burned with hatred and anger for everyone in the room. Everyone, except of course, Wesley and her own child, her Buffy.

“Mommy!” Buffy suddenly cried out in desperation, “it hurts!” the young woman shrieked, desperately. Tears of anguish began to pour down Buffy’s cheeks as the intense pain in her chest multiplied, by the second.

Joyce Summers threw her body onto her daughter’s prone one and cuddled her close. She then roared, once again at Willow, “release her!” before burying her face into her only child’s damp, chilled neck.

“I’m going to, Joyce,” Willow cried, her voice filled with agony and remorse. “Release….!” Willow began the magic chant to free her best friend from her invisible bonds.

“I think not,” Ethan Rayne hissed, striking Willow’s long arms down. He pushed the red headed would be witch aside, virtually silencing her, for the moment anyway.

“This little Slayer is mine now, you, none of you pathetic, useless morons have any say in this. Not anymore,” Rayne continued, smugly. “New game plan, Ripper,” the old wizard chuckled.

Rupert Giles looked physically ill by this time. Probably finally realizing that Ethan Rayne was as evil as always, no matter what he had promised.

“Buffy becomes ‘mine’ now, completely. I’ll take her, and her evil undead lover away with me. Don’t try and stop me, Ripper,” Ethan raised his fist and held it before Rupert Giles. “If you don’t let me leave here, safely, with the Slayer? I will make sure that her vampire mate is dust before the next sunrise and she will die, Rupert. Your precious Buffy will die from want of her dead mate. Do you understand, Ripper? I am more powerful then your little witch here,” Rayne grinned in contempt at the now fuming Willow.

“I’m more powerful then you ever hoped to be, Ripper,” Rayne spat in even more contempt at his one time friend. “You never understood that, did you Ripper? That you are a weak, worthless, useless piece of shit, Rupert Giles!”

‘Meanwhile, over at Oz’s’


Spike eyed Riley Finn, with contempt, wondering just how much of a headache it would cause to beat the shit out of old GI Joe here.

“What?” the now wide awake Riley asked Spike, warily. He’d seen the way Spike was watching him. Almost like he, Riley, was on the menu for Spike’s next meal.

“Just thinkin’ Captain,” Spike chuckled, wickedly. “About how it’d be worth a fucking migraine. To kick your sorry arse that is. For takin’ my baby, Buffy, and causing us this pain. But, you’re good at causing pain, aren’t you Cardboard man?”

“Fuck off,” Riley spat, confident that Spike wouldn’t do a damn thing to him. Not and risk major head pain in the process. Unfortunately? Riley did not truly understand how much Spike really loved Buffy and how much he wanted to avenge his mate.

Spike leapt up from his place on the chair, and before Angel could stop him, the blond vampire flung himself at Riley Finn. He began to pummel that smirking human, mercilessly, even as the chip in his brain flamed like a burning fire. Ignoring the searing, unbearable pain in his head, Spike continued to beat Riley senseless. After untieing the feckless human, Finn, of course. Spike was nothing, if not fair that is. To keep Riley tied up, while Spike kicked his arse? That just wouldn’t be cricket, now would it?

Angel stood back, watching his Grandchilder beat his old enemy, Riley Finn, to a pulp. It nearly killed the master vampire, Angelus, to see his childer, Spike, suffering the enabling pain of the piece of metal that this fool, Finn had helped ingage in his head. But he allowed the gory, brutal beating to take place anyway. Feeling a sense of self-satisfaction and pride at his Grandchilde’s strength and self-sacrifice in this tribal rite of revenge.

After all, Angel reasoned, Riley had helped the enemy take Spike’s mate from him. Aided them in binding and holding Buffy, for purely selfish, egotistical motives. Angel was not fooled, as Spike was not. Riley had hoped to secure Buffy for himself, after all this was finished and William the Bloody deserved retribution against his and his mate’s trespassers.

As Riley fell off the couch, nearly beaten to death, Spike fell backwards from his nemesis and back into the chair he had occupied earlier. Spike didn’t have a visible scratch or bruise on him, but Angel could tell that his Grandchilde was suffering, physically, in his head and heart. Terribly.


Before Angel could comfort his Granchilde’s distress, Spike reared back his handsome head and directed his gaze at the apartment window.

“Sunset!” Spike roared, suddenly. The blond vampire pushed himself up from the chair and stumbled, drunk like to the front door. “Let’s roll, Angelus,” Spike hissed at his Grandsire. “I’m going to go and break my Buffy out of that prison. Tonight!” he growled gleefully, his vampire and husbandly prowress overpowered the pain the chip had caused him, just moments before.

“I’m going too,” Oz offered, grabbing his car keys. “I’ll drive,” the short, red-headed wolf boy stated.

‘At Giles’

“So you think that we’ll just allow you to take Buffy out of here?” Willow finally spoke up. In her strongest, most indignant Willow voice, that is.

“You have no choice, little Witch,” Ethan chortled, evilly. “I’ll take what I want, no worries there. And Buffy is what I want. Even if it means having to drag that worthless vampire scum with her, to make the deal complete. Eh, Slayer?” Rayne grinned at Buffy, who frowned back at him.

“You can’t just accept this ‘thing’ between Buffy and Spike!” Xander cried in disgust. “Take Buffy, if you have to, Rayne,” Xander continued, stunned. “But at least kill off the evil undead thing that’s confused her,” he pleaded. “I’ll go with you,” Xander rambled, ignoring the horrified looks from the rest of the humans present. “I’ll ‘help’ you with Buffy and…”

“You’re a fool, little boy,” Ethan hissed at Xander in contempt. “I don’t need you, you little worm. Don’t need you or even that vampire your Slayer is so hot for!”

“Enough!” Willow screamed loudly. “I’ll free you, Buffy,” the red head whimpered, rushing over to the bed to join her friend and Joyce. “I ‘will’ release you from this binding spell and break the barrier around this house!”

“Oh Fea,” Willow began, reverently, “nasgaidh…”

Rayne broke Willow’s concentration with his own spell words, his face contorted in powerful anger:

“Potens unus,” Rayne began his steady chant in Latin, “necto sua ut mei!” He continued, in a gruff even voice. (This translates from Latin to) Mighty one, bind her to me…


Willow leapt at Ethan Rayne and pushed him, with all of her strength to the floor. The little witch began her own chant, again as she held her hands out and down over Rayne, menacingly.

“Oh mor Fea,” Willow cried loudly, nasgaidh an, a’ saoi abh a’ aiteam!” (Translates from Olde Irish/Gaelic into English: “Oh great Fea; release her, the warrior of the people!”)

Buffy felt the restrainsts that had bound her, for days now, fall from her hands, wrists and ankles. She lay there, on the little bed/prison that had held her for what seemed like months, for just a moment longer. Getting her bearings, so to speak.

As Buffy rose from the bed, she gently moved her mother off of her and stared at Xander Harris. “Here puppy,” Buffy hissed, sarcastically as she closed the gap between her and Xander.

Xander stepped back, quickly, trying to make a run for the bedroom door. He stumbled and fell to the floor, right next to Ethan Rayne.

“You really need to work on your dance steps, Xand. You’re a bit clumsy on the uptake,” Buffy chuckled wickedly, pulling her ex-best friend up from the floor. She raised Xander up to meet her glare, face-to-face, and then oddly enough, grinned, maliciously at him.

“It’s payback time, little buddy,” Buffy purred, silkily as she drew back her right arm. The one that had just regained it’s strength, shockingly quickly, that is.

Buffy pulled back her right arm and then swung her right fist, full force, into Xander’s terrified, stupid face. Xander flew from Buffy’s clutches, backwards into the guestroom wall. His body hit the wall and fell, useless onto the floor there.

When Buffy was satisfied that Xander would be ‘out’ for a while, she turned her vengeful glare down on Ethan Rayne, who still lay on the floor of the bedroom. Buffy leaned over, grasped Ethan by his collar and pulled him, roughly up off of the floor.

“Remember me?” Buffy chuckled, wickedly at her nemesis. She gave Rayne the evillest, most self-righteous ‘look’ she could manage.

Meanwhile, outside, around Giles’ house? The barrier that kept Spike and all other vampires and demons, and yes, even Lindsey and Gunn out? It cracked into a million invisible pieces, even as Buffy began to kick Ethan Rayne’s sorry ass.

Spike, Angel and Oz arrived, outside on Giles’ lawn, just in time. Just in time to ‘hear’ the clear barrier crack apart and disintegrate before them.

A/N: I had to end this chapter here. I hope it was ‘vengeful’ enough. For now anyway as far as our Spuffy couple are concerned!

Oh, ‘Fea’ is the old Irish Goddess of War or Battle. I thought this was appropriate here.

Next chapter? The reunion! Thanks for reading, please review, luv Spuf.
Chapter 22: 'Reunited' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you for reading this fic. Please review.
DANCE OF THE MATES


Chapter 22: ‘Reunited’


Buffy continued to kick the shit out of the now, nearly lifeless form of Ethan Rayne. Finally, Xander, from his position on the floor, close by, cried out, “enough!” to the Slayer.

“You’re the Slayer, Buff,” Xander whined loudly, “you can’t ‘take’ human life. Only demon life and…”

“Kick his ass, baby!” Joyce exclaimed at the top of her lungs. “He put the mojo on your mom and Giles here, last year. Now the son-of-a-bitch tries to come between you and Spike! Kick the shit out of him, honey,” Joyce finished with a self-righteous roar.

After one, final good kick to Rayne’s ribs, Buffy halted her onslaught of the man. “Xander’s right, for once,” Buffy grunted, “I’m the Slayer and I don’t take human life. Doesn’t mean I can’t kick the hell out of this worthless piece of shit though,” she finished with another swift kick to Rayne’s ribs.

Ethan Rayne lay groaning on Giles’ guest bedroom floor. He looked as if he’d had the shit kicked out of him, which, basically? He had.

“Buffy!” Spike roared, victoriously from Giles’ front yard.

“Spike,” Buffy exclaimed joyfully in reply.

“Go,” Joyce pointed out the window and gazed at her daughter, sternly. “Your mate is waiting for you,” the mother smiled benevolently at Buffy.

“Go on, Buffy,” Giles sighed in defeat. Rupert glared down at the semi-conscious Ethan Rayne, who lay at his feet. The old man’s blue eyes were filled with tears of shame.

“You may be bound by Slayer scruples, not to take a human’s life, dear Buffy,” Rupert added, an evil smirk appearing on his fine mouth. “However, I have no such boundaries as that,” he mumbled gruffly. Giles eyed Rayne’s limp form in disgust.

“You can’t be serious!” Xander squealed in shock. “We can’t just let Buffy waltz out of here. Into that evil undead ‘things’ arms and…”

“Put a lid on it Xander,” Willow growled at her best friend. “It’s over!”

“Not if I kill that fuck, Spike!” Xander grumbled, menacingly. “I’ve got a crossbow, right in the other room and when that bleached blond menace enters this house, I’ll…”

“You touch a hair of my mate’s head, Xander Harris?” Buffy hissed as she stalked up to the dark haired man. “I’ll rip your balls off and shove them down your throat!” Buffy growled, a low, throaty sound, like a she-wolf.

“Buffy,” Xander began, in a whimper.

“I mean it Xander,” Buffy continued, gruffly. “My mate and I want to be left alone, completely. From now on. Understood?”

Xander searched his life-long obsession’s green eyes, deeply. He saw the anger, hatred for him and yes, love in their depths. Love for Buffy’s mate in her emerald green eyes.

“I understand,” Xander replied, sadly. “We just wanted to help you Buffy,” he offered, weakly, his heart breaking, silently.

“Go,” Giles pointed at the door of the guest bedroom. “The last thing I want or need is for two pissed off master vampires coming in here and…”

“See ya’ all!” Buffy called as she flung the bedroom window open and hurried out onto the ledge. She had no intention of leaving by some mundane route, such at the door and hallway!


“So,” Angel slapped his grandchild on his leather clad back. “I’m thinking that it’s a pretty sure thing that you and I have carte blanche to enter the Watcher’s house?” The tall, dark vampire grinned wickedly.

“Right,” Spike rasped as he pulled from his grandsire’s hand and headed towards the front door of Giles’ house.

“Spike!” Buffy cried, from all places, the Watcher’s second story window ledge.

Spike gazed up at the most beautiful sight he’d ever witnessed in his whole unlife, or his human life for that matter.

His mate, his Buffy was perched on the window ledge, smiling down at him. Her honey blond hair flew wildly about her lovely face and shoulders.

“Wait there,” Spike ordered his mate, lovingly, “I’ll be right up!”

The blond vampire leapt onto the elm tree that reached up, well over the roof of Giles’ house. He scurried up the trunk and reached the second story window in seconds.

‘Bless vampire speed,’ Spike thought to himself, proudly.

‘Bless vampire speed,’ Buffy thought to herself, so proud of her mate, Spike.

Without a moment’s hesitation, Spike leaned over, from the branch he perched on and swept Buffy into his strong arms.

Spike smothered his Buffy’s face, mouth and neck in a million kisses. Some soft as kittens’ kisses and others passionate and strong, like the man he was.

“Oh, baby,” Spike moaned into Buffy’s sweet mouth. “God, I’ve missed you, needed you. Love you so much, sweetness,” he whimpered.

“Me too,” Buffy sighed against her mate’s chest. “I would have died without you,” she purred, gazing up into her Spike’s indigo blue eyes.

“I would have too. Again,” Spike whispered, just before he took Buffy’s mouth with his, passionately.

“Take me home, baby,” Buffy pleaded softly, as she wrapped her arms, even tighter about her man’s neck.

“Immediately,” Spike murmured in reply, even as he leapt from the tree branch, Buffy securely in his arms.

Spike literally ran, with Buffy in his arms, off in the direction of the Summers' home. Their home, together.

“Well,” Angel sighed, suddenly calm after all of the upheaval. “What do you say, boys?” The dark haired vampire grinned at Gunn and Lindsey, evilly. “Should we go in there? Kick ass and take names?” Angel practically squealed in anticipation of the upcoming battle in the Watcher’s house.

“Oh yeah,” Gunn hissed in pleasurable anticipation himself.

“I’m in,” Lindsey chuckled wickedly, as he rubbed his hands together.

“Oz? Care to join in the fun?” Angel nodded at the red-haired wolf-boy in question.

Oz, who was always reserved (?) and rarely spoke, just shook his red head, slowly.

“I’m finished here, man,” he sighed at Angel. “As far as I’m concerned? From here on in?” The hybrid man/wolf mumbled softly, “this is over for me. I’m through with this so called gang of do-gooders and my girl, Willow,” he finished with a shrug of defeat.

Angel noticed that the short part-human young man’s hazel eyes seemed to glisten with unshed tears. However, the souled vampire said nothing about it.

“See ya’ all around,” Oz called back at the trio on the front lawn as he sauntered off into the night. The two men and one vampire watched Oz leave, until he disappeared from sight.


‘Meanwhile, back at Buffy’s house…’


Spike and Buffy hadn’t stepped one foot into the Summers’ home, when they both began to tear at each others’ clothing, desperately.

“I’ve missed you baby,” Spike rasped, lustily, even as he ripped his Buffy’s top off, up over her shoulders and head.

“Me too, I mean you,” Buffy hissed in desire, as she tore her Spike’s shirt open and pulled it off of his shoulders.

“Love you,” Spike gasped, especially when Buffy grabbed his cock, through his jeans.

“Love you,” Buffy moaned, rather loudly, especially when Spike pulled her half naked body to his half naked body.

Before Buffy knew what was happening, she felt herself being lifted up, once again, in her mate’s strong arms. Spike carried Buffy up the staircase, into their bedroom and laid her on the bed, tenderly.

(Okay, so it wasn’t all that tender, but it sounded good!)

After flinging his half-naked body on top of his wife’s, Spike began kissing her. Starting with her soft, silky forehead, then her funny little nose; then her cheeks. Back up to her eyes, and down to her mouth.

“Mmmmm,” Spike purred, silkily, “my Buffy’s sweet mouth,” he hummed in pleasure. He ran his rough hands, gently, over Buffy’s silky skin.

“Likewise,” Buffy purred in response as she twirled Spike’s curls, right at his neckline, with her tiny fingers.


“I love you. Welcome home,” Spike and Buffy stated to each other, in unison…


A/N: A very short ‘reunion’ chapter. I am going to write another chapter and an epilogue for this story. I plan to have a lot of Spuffy make up love-making in the next chapter!!! Also, I will explain what happened to everyone else.

I just wanted to write and submit this chapter to get these two crazy kids reunited!!!

Thanks for reading and please review. Luv, Spuf
Chapter 23: 'Plans' by spufette
Author's Notes:
Thank you. For the readers, the reviews and the support. I loved writing this story. Even if it took me forever to finish???
DANCE OF THE MATES


Chapter 23: ‘Plans’


A/N: Time for the final chapter of this tale. I might do an epilogue, I’m not sure, but this chapter should at least answer some questions as to Buffy and Spike’s future plans.


Summary: Spike and Buffy make love and reclaim each other. That’s really pretty much it, except that they come to a decision about their future plans.


Spike did not waste any time at all as he thrust into Buffy’s slick, wet, hot and oh yeah, tight core. If the vampire had learned one thing from this whole drama of the past few days, it was that time might be short. Even though it was a well known fact that vampires could possibly survive eternity.

Buffy was now everything to Spike and he was sure she felt the same way. She had accepted and returned his claim after all. It was a claim that meant more then even human wedding vows.

“I love you,” Spike rasped as he pummeled into his mate and kissed her sweet face, desperately. “Never leave me again,” he ordered, unnecessarily.

‘As if,’ Buffy thought to herself, giddily. ‘Leave him? Never.’

“Never,” she repeated out loud to her mate as she thrust up with her slim hips to meet his.

“I love you too much to ever leave you again,” Buffy gasped out between her moans of pleasure.

“See to that,” Spike growled lowly, his blue eyes were now tinged in the amber fire of his possessive demon. “I wouldn’t want to have to rip the western hemisphere apart, searching for you, Princess. I would do it, of course, but why waste this great shagging time together and…”

He hissed in deep pleasure when his Buffy clenched her cunny muscles around his engorged cock.

“You wouldn’t want to rip apart North America? Or even Europe, Africa, Asia and oh yeah, Australia for this?” Buffy nearly giggled as she clenched that ‘special’ muscle once again around her mate’s wonderful, huge, delightfully cock.

“I said,” Spike panted as he nearly gnawed on her cheek and jaw, then her lush lips. “I wouldn’t want to have to, baby, not that I wouldn’t. For the record,” he continued in another ‘grr argh’ growl, “I would rip apart the fucking world to find you. However, why waste the time when we could be doing this together and all? I’d rather skip the searching for you, tearing apart bodies and heads off and all that crap. Beating down our enemies to get to you? Not when we could be together, the two of us, doing this and all? Right?”

“Right,” Buffy moaned as she felt herself cum for the third time. Or was that the fourth, or the fifth? Oh, hell, who gave a damn if she had lost the number count?

“That was my fifth,” Spike suddenly blurted out as he came deep within Buffy. “My glorious, wonderful, amazing and effulgent fifth orgasm in the last two hours my precious, dear, sweet love. My mate. My wife,” he finished with a rather nice moan of his own.

“Right,” Buffy giggled saucily, “the fifth time. That was it!”

“Bite me,” Buffy murmured into Spike’s ear after he had collapsed on top of her, again. “Claim me again, baby,” she coaxed him with her deft little hands.

“Mmmmm,” he purred in contentment. “We should reclaim each other, sweet,” he advised. He had not moved an inch from his last position atop his Slayer. However, he was careful not to crush her in any way with his weight.

“Sounds like a plan,” Buffy whispered, silkily. “Maybe we should do it now, huh?” She met his indigo blue eyes with her emerald green ones. Her expression was a mix of wonderment and innocence. It was a Buffy ‘look’ that Spike loved so very much.

“Sounds like a plan,” Spike responded with that deep, gruff chuckle of his that Buffy loved so much.

Spike wasted no time, again, in thrusting into his wife and pounding into her, lovingly, of course.

Buffy eagerly offered her silky, exposed neck to her husband. They both moaned in ecstasy when the Spike sunk his fangs, tenderly, into the very spot he’d claimed Buffy with the first time.

As they rode out their sixth orgasm (yes, count them, six!), Buffy used her blunt teeth to bite into Spike. In the very spot she had claimed him with the first time.

“Mine!” Spike roared loudly in pleasure as he came.

“Yours!” Buffy responded in pleasure.

“Mine,” Buffy panted her mates' words as she came.

“Yours, always,” Spike responded in another roar.

Afterwards, the couple lay, entwined on the bed that Buffy once slept in alone. They were wrapped up, completely in each other and near exhausted sleep from their love making.

“Princess,” Spike broke the comfortable silence between them. “I need to ask you something,” he said, a slight pause in his voice.

“Uhm huh,” Buffy purred in response, barely able to keep her eyes open after all their activity.

Spike suddenly propped himself up, on his left elbow and gazed down lovingly at his mate. His dark brows were scrunched together in thought and his blue eyes looked clouded with concern.

“What is it?” Buffy asked, suddenly a little anxious by the look her mate’s face.


“We need to make some plans,” Spike mumbled quickly. He held her green-eyed gaze with his own dark one.


“Plans?” Buffy asked, a bit confused by the seriousness in her lover’s tone.

“About our future together, baby,” he replied. “About what you and me need to do, very soon. Now, really.” He gave her another serious look and then ran his fingers, gently, down her cheek.

“We need to leave Sunnydale, baby,” Spike sighed heavily. He was not so sure of his Buffy’s reaction, but this had to be said. “And we need to get this done. And the sooner, the better.” Spike knew that although Buffy and he had averted this recent catastrophe, this time? Then? What about the next time? They might not be so lucky.

“Oh,” Buffy whispered. “I see,” she finished with a slight frown. She felt the sting of hot tears in the corners of her green eyes.

“Do you see baby?” Spike asked her. “I mean do you understand what I’m saying? This time,” he continued with a clenched jaw, “it was your little gang of friends. What about the next time? It might be the Watchers’ Council or the fucking Initiative.”

Buffy flinched, visibly, causing Spike to regret his quick words. However, he knew his woman had to hear this and understand the severity of the situation here.

“Baby,” he continued again, evenly, “how long until the Council or your ex, soldier boy, comes around to fuck us over? Again?”

Buffy looked down at her mate’s beautiful, pale chest and swallowed very hard. She was trying very, very hard to be brave and smart about all of this.

“Not long,” Buffy rasped as a lone tear slipped down her cheek. The Slayer was becoming very aware of just what her Spike was getting at. While she and Spike stayed in Sunnydale, they would never, ever be totally safe or at peace. That was a given.

“We need to leave, huh?” Buffy whispered sadly as she buried her blond head into her mate’s strong, cool chest. “You and me? We need to leave here. Go away from my home, my family and all of my friends?”

“Yes,” Spike murmured roughly. “We have to leave, baby. If we ever hope to find peace together and…”

“Then we will,” Buffy replied in defeat. “We’ll leave. You and me, baby.”

“I love you,” Spike purred into Buffy’s warm little ear with is cool, loving breath.

“I know. I’m grateful, Spike. I am grateful for your love and devotion. I am, promise. I’ll just miss…” She began to weep, softly, against Spike’s cool, wonderful chest.

“I’m grateful too, sweetheart,” he murmured into her soft, fragrant hair. “I'm so grateful for you, my light. You are my love and salvation. Never thought I’d have this in this unlife of mine. I've never had it at all. I never had it in my human life either. But now? To have everything I want? You, our future together? Do I deserve it? Probably not, but I want it. Now I have it and I’m not going to lose it. Ever.”

“I’m going to take you away, baby,” Spike promised softly as he snuggled Buffy to him. Her little warm body felt like a silky little glove against his hard, cold one.

“To England, first, I think,” he said wistfully. “Would you like that? Go snoop around in London? Or how about Paris? Rome is wonderful, Buffy,” he continued excitedly. “Oh, the art and the city itself? It's breathtaking!" It’s magnificent. I promise you’ll love the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel, baby. The artwork alone will overwhelm you.”

Buffy cuddled deeper into her mate’s comforting chest and began to purr in contentment. She listened to his pretty words and the tales they spun of the things she would see. The woman part of Buffy loved to hear the poet part of her William/Spike ramble on about the beauty in the world.

“I’ll show you things you never thought you’d ever see my Princess. Things the Watchers’ Council could never promise you. Those bastards took your teenage youth, my sweet girl. I’ll give it back to you. I’ll give back the life they took from you. They can’t have it anymore. It’s our life. Together. Yours and mine, sweet Buffy.”

“All the dreams and beauty you thought you’d never have in your short life. I’m going to make sure you live a long, long time, my love. You are going to see the world. You and me, together and when your time is through? I’ll be there, to go with you. To the other side.”

By the time Spike had finished with his beautiful description of their future together. Buffy was sound asleep in his strong arms. Her lovely mouth had the most peaceful, contented and happy expression on it.


A/N: That was my Spuffy moment. The epilogue, which will be soon, promise, will explain what happened to our fave couple and their friends and family.

I’ve been really tied up in RL issues lately and some other stuff. I’m trying to write more of La Cosa Nostra and All Manner of Monsters. I even have an idea for another kind of period piece. We’ll see. Anyway as usual…

Please read and review. Love Spuf
No Chapter, a long A/N by spufette
Author's Notes:
Please see the text.
I wanted to pop on here with an authors note to thank everyone for the lovely reviews.

I've had a hellish week and it had been so long since I updated DOTMs that I neglected to thank each reviewer personally in the response section.

This was the last chapter of this fiction, but there will be an epilogue, hopefully by next week. I'm going camping in less then a week and will not be able to update any fics for about 5 days or so.

In fact, I might be posting a one shot ficlet/song just before I go, to kind of give readers here an idea of how much I 'love' camping in the wilderness! (NOT!!!)

Anyway, I am taking this rather long A/N to thank you all for sticking with this fiction.

I hope this is all right to do.

Oh, since I want to do this right, I'll also ask that you read my other WIP's: All Manner of Monsters; La Cosa Nostra; Justice for All and yes, another new one. Coming soon!!!
(consider yourselves warned...)

I'll probably post the song by Monday night. Give it a look, please, it's a parody of sorts.

Thank you.
Luv, spuf
Epilogue by spufette
Author's Notes:
This is it. Now I can start my next fiction, I hope you'll all read it!
Thanks.
DANCE OF THE MATES


Epilogue:

Summary: This epilogue takes place about a year after the last chapter of the story. I hope it puts the tale to rest, at least for the present!


‘A letter from Buffy to her mother, Joyce’




‘Dear Mom,

Spike and I are doing just great, here in London, England. Who would have thought that your little girl would end up in one of the history capitols of the world?! Especially since I was lousy at ‘history’ in school, huh? Almost as awful as I was in French! (tee hee!)

Anyway, I wasn’t surprised, a bit, when I heard about Angel and Anya’s fledgling relationship together. Actually, my ex, Angel, always did need a little demon in his woman, and since Cordelia Chase was spoken for? The ‘Angya’ ship is more then expected and certainly whole-heartedly accepted.

Speaking of Cordy and Wesley, I was thrilled to find out that they had a healthy, big boy! I think Wesley Jr. is the perfect name for their child!

As for Oz’s disappearance, after that mess in Sunnydale? Again, I’m not surprised at all. Oz needed to spread his ‘paws’ and take his rock and roll act on the road. Willow was never really prepared to allow that, so…

What does surprise me is the situation between Xander and Willow. Or, maybe it doesn’t surprise me at all. Frankly, I’m delighted! I think that San Francisco is the perfect place for those two to settle down together and start popping out a bunch of Harris/Rosenberg spawns! Don’t you? However, at this point in time, neither I nor my mate, Spike, wishes to lay eyes on either one of them. I do believe you truly understand, right?

Thanks for keeping me updated on the sinister doings of Riley Finn and his precious Initiative. They can’t hurt us anymore, mom, I promise. Just let them try!

As to Ethan Rayne? Well, what can I say about that one? The man was a horrible accident just waiting to happen. That Angel, Gunn and Lindsey had a hand in Rayne’s final demise is inconsequential to me, Spike and most probably to Giles.

Now, we come to my beloved Giles, my Watcher and mentor. The jury is still out on Rupert, mom, and may always be. I loved him like a father, but he did betray me and my mate so…

I leave the rest of my musings up to you and your imagination. I am very happy to see you are dating again. This guy, Ted is it? He’s a good, solid bloke, as Spike would say?

Anyway, I’m signing off now, mommy, with love and kisses. I do miss you and everyone else in Sunnydale, CA. We, Spike and me, will try and stop by there when we hit the States again in a year or so. Spike and I love each other so much, mom. It’s everything that I had always hoped for. (Even if it’s not what you’d call ‘normal’ in the human sense!)

Spike is busy pouring over old tomes of prophecies and such. He believes that he can obtain his soul! Or, maybe even become human again, if he tries hard enough! My mate has this notion that he’s going to ‘go out’ of this world with me, when it’s my time that is. Since I gave up slaying, the most dangerous thing I do is cook meals for the two of us!

My ‘man’ does want to make me happy so he thinks he needs to be human and give me children. I think he’s hoping that some ancient prophecy will give him carte blanche and enable him to knock up his human, ex-slayer of a wife!

The poor dear doesn’t get the fact that I love him, soulless and all. I don’t necessarily need children to make out little family of two complete, but I hate to discourage him. Especially since it gives him something to do during the day when we are stuck inside so how can I complain!

Oh! It’s nearly sundown and Spike has promised me a trip to one of the local museums! I have to go now mummy, but remember this. I love you and admire you for so many reasons.

I will write again soon and please keep the E-mails, letters and phone calls coming!

With love,
Buffy


Finished (at last!)


A/N: Thank you, thank you, thank you!
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=8603