Aftermath by TammyAsh666
Summary: Spike heads back to Rome to see Buffy after the final battle and he wasn't prepared for what he found.
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: Yes Word count: 6098 Read: 16605 Published: 02/22/2005 Updated: 02/28/2005

1. Chapter 1 by TammyAsh666

2. Chapter 2 by TammyAsh666

3. Chapter 3 by TammyAsh666

4. Chapter 4 by TammyAsh666

5. Chapter 5 by TammyAsh666

6. Chapter 6 by TammyAsh666

7. Chapter 7 by TammyAsh666

Chapter 1 by TammyAsh666
This is a short fiction that I thought of. I can't always be about the fluff, even though there is some of that involved. Feel free to let me know what ya'll think. I'm up for anything=)


Chapter 1

After the battle with the Black Thorn, Spike headed back to Rome to see Buffy. He didn’t care about her being with the Immortal; he just wanted to see her even if she rejected him. He finally got to her apartment and took a deep breath before he knocked on the door. He was human now and he really hoped that Buffy would want to be with him, but if not he would accept that and try to move on with his life now that he had one. He was really nervous as he waited for someone to open the door and when he got no response a few seconds later, he knocked again. He wondered where she was and really hoped she wasn’t out with the Immortal. He decided to just take a risk and turned the doorknob. He was surprised when he found the door unlocked. He opened the door and let himself in. It didn’t seem like anyone was home so he headed to the back of the apartment to where he figured Buffy’s room was. He saw a door in the back partly open so he walked back there and opened the door wider and he was shocked at what he saw. Buffy was lying on the floor and she seemed to be unconscious. He ran to her side and turned her over so he could get a better look at her. Her face was very pale and he grabbed her wrist to see that there was a cut on it. He looked and noticed the same thing on her other wrist and he could tell that she lost a lot of blood. There was a bloody knife next to her and he could guess what happened even though he was finding it hard to believe. “Buffy! Wake up, love! Please wake up!” He stated as he felt for a pulse and found one even though it was very faint. He was just grateful that she was still alive as he then picked her up and carried her out of the apartment. When he got outside, he placed her in his car and headed for the nearest hospital. He looked at her with a worried expression on his face and just hoped that it wasn’t too late. He couldn’t believe that she actually tried to kill herself. He thought she was happy. He shook his head of his thoughts and tried to get to the hospital as fast as he could. He parked his car when he finally got there and carried her inside the hospital. “She needs help!” He yelled when a few nurses then took her away from him and placed her on a stretcher. They rolled her into the emergency room. Spike was about to follow when a doctor held him back.

“I’m sorry, but you can’t go in there. Your friend will be fine; I need to ask you some questions.” Spike nodded and let the doctor lead him away. He was just grateful that the man spoke good English because his Italian was a little rusty. “What exactly happened, sir?” The doctor asked and Spike shook his head.

“I don’t know. I went to see her at her apartment and the door was opened. So, I went in and found her unconscious with both wrists slit. I don’t know what happened.” He said with a shaky voice and the doctor nodded.

“Has your friend been suicidal before?” Spike shook his head and was angered at that idea.

“No, she wouldn’t kill herself. She was happy, I know she was. There has to be a good explanation for this.” The doctor nodded and put a comforting hand on his shoulder. Spike looked up at him. “Will she be okay?” He asked with fear in his voice and the doctor took a breath before answering.

“It’s too soon to tell. Just know that we have good doctors here and they’ll do everything they can to help her.” Spike nodded accepting his answer and stayed silent. The doctor then left to go deal with other patients. It seemed to be forever when he came back. Spike looked at him and waited for him to speak. “Well, she’s stable. We managed to stop the bleeding and gave her a blood transfusion, but I’m afraid that she has slipped into a coma. She would have to pull out of it on her own. If she doesn’t wake up soon though there is a chance that she may never wake up. You may see her if you like, I’m really sorry.” The doctor said as he then left Spike with his thoughts. Spike rubbed his eyes and tried not to cry. He knew how strong Buffy was and knew that if anyone could pull out of this she could. He really hoped so. He got up and headed to the nearby payphone. He called her number and decided to leave a message for Dawn, so she would know what happened. He headed to Buffy's room when he was done with that. He opened the door and felt like throwing up when he saw her lying there. She was so pale and had tubes in her. He let the breath out that he was holding and walked over to her. He sat down in the chair by her bed and grasped her hand in his. He felt tears form in his eyes as he looked at his love.

“What happened, Buffy? Why would you do this to yourself?” Spike whispered as he lowered his head and finally let the tears fall.
Chapter 2 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 2

Spike was still sitting with Buffy when he heard the door to her room open. He looked up to see a surprised Dawn standing there. She put her hand over her mouth and tried not to cry when she saw her sister. She then looked at Spike. “Spike, what happened?” She asked him and he got up and went over to her. She then threw herself into his arms and he wrapped his arms around the girl and let her cry in his chest.

“It’ll be okay, nibblet. I wish I knew what happened.” He said as he kissed the top of her head. Andrew then walked into the room at that moment a little out of breath.

“Is she alright?” He asked and Spike looked at him as Dawn pulled away.

“It doesn’t look good.” Spike stated and Andrew nodded and looked at Buffy. It was hard for him to see her like that. She was usually so full of life, more or less. Dawn continued to cry as Andrew then wrapped his arms around her and she rested her head on his shoulder. Spike walked over to Buffy and sat back down. “What’s been going on?” He asked as he looked at both of them. “The last time I was here I saw her dancing in that club and she seemed happy. You told me she was, Andrew. Now I come back to find her unconscious with both wrists slit. Why would Buffy want to kill herself?” Dawn pulled away from Andrew to look at Spike.

“What? She would never do that. She was fine before I left.” Spike nodded.

“I know it’s hard to believe. I didn’t want to believe it either, but that’s what it looks like.” Dawn still wouldn’t believe it.

“No, I know he had something to do with it.” She said with a harsh tone to her voice.

“Who?” Spike asked and Dawn turned her gaze back on him.

“Alec, the Immortal or whatever his name is. Buffy told me the other day that she was going to break up with him. I’m guessing she did and he wasn’t too happy about it.” Spike seemed surprised by that.

“Why would she break up with him?” Dawn rolled her eyes.

“Because of you. She never loved him, Spike. It was still all about you. We found out that you were in Rome a few weeks ago and she wanted to break up with him after that. She wanted to go back to you. She didn’t care that you were alive this whole time and never told her. She just knew that she loved you and wanted you back. So, she told me that she was going to end things with him. Buffy was so happy about going back to you that she would have never killed herself. He did this to her somehow. I know he did.” Spike was happy that Buffy still loved him, but he got to the point.

“I don’t know, Dawn. This isn’t exactly his style. Maybe something else happened that you don’t know about.” Dawn shook her head.

“She would never kill herself. That’s all I need to know.” Spike nodded and decided to let her believe that. He didn’t think it was right to bring up the fact that Buffy did technically kill herself once, but it was to save Dawn and the world. This was completely different.

“So, what do we do? We need Buffy to know the truth of what really happened. She’s the only one that can tell us.” He said as he looked at Buffy and there were still no signs of her waking up. Dawn nodded and looked at her sister also.

“I may know of a way. I called Willow before we left. We just have to wait until she gets here; I think she’ll be able to help.” Spike nodded and grabbed Buffy’s hand again while Andrew grabbed Dawn’s and gave her hand a comforting squeeze. She gave him a small smile as they all waited for Willow.
Chapter 3 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 3

They were all just sitting in the hospital room not saying anything when Willow suddenly popped into the room out of nowhere. Spike jumped a little because he wasn’t used to that and Willow just looked at everyone. “Hey, sorry I couldn’t come sooner. How is she doing?” She asked as she walked over to Buffy.

“Nothing’s really changed, Red. She’s still in a coma. It might be a while before she wakes up and I need to know what happened to her now.” Willow nodded as she looked at Buffy and then back at Spike.

“You remember that spell I did a few years ago when Buffy went catatonic? The one that had me going inside her head?” Spike nodded when he remembered.

“Yeah, you can do that again?” Willow nodded also.

“I can do better than that. I’ll do the spell, but this time I won’t be the one to go inside her head. You will.” She said to Spike and he didn’t seem convinced.

“I don’t know about that. I could screw something up, you should probably do it.” Willow shook her head.

“You won’t screw anything up. She needs to talk to you, Spike. I know you want to talk to her, too. This could be your only chance.” Spike wouldn’t believe that, but he nodded and accepted what she was telling him.

“Okay, I’ll do it.” Willow smiled at him.

“Good, all you have to do is lay down next to Buffy and I’ll handle the rest.” Spike nodded and did as she said. Willow then realized something as she looked at Spike. “By the way, Spike. Congratulations on being human again.” Spike seemed surprised that she knew that and then gave her a smile in return. Dawn seemed surprised also as she looked at him and then at Willow.

“I can’t believe I didn’t even notice that.” Willow looked at her.

“Well, you’ve had a lot on your mind.” Dawn nodded and then got back to the point.

“This won’t hurt him, will it?” She asked a little worried and Willow shook her head.

“He should be fine.” She said to Dawn as she turned her attention back on Spike. “Just relax and close your eyes.” He did as she said. She then placed her hand on his head and her other hand on Buffy’s. She closed her eyes also and said a few words in Latin that Dawn didn’t recognize. She stood next to Andrew as they both watched Willow in silence. Willow then opened her eyes to see that Spike was now unconscious, too. She looked at Dawn and Andrew. “It’s done; I just hope he can get through to her.” Willow said and they both agreed as they waited to see what would happen.
Chapter 4 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 4

Spike looked around at his surroundings and all he could see was a lot of fog. He looked around to see if he could spot Buffy and it was times like this that he missed having his enhanced vision. “Buffy!” He yelled and all he heard was an echo. “This can’t be good.” He said to himself as he continued to look around. He walked for what seemed to be forever when he finally saw something up ahead. He walked closer and saw Buffy sitting down on the ground. She was hugging her knees and she seemed to be lost in thought. Spike walked over to her and kneeled down beside her and she didn’t even look at him. “Buffy? Can you hear me, pet?” She finally looked at him after a few minutes.

“You’re not here.” She whispered to him and Spike reached out to touch her face, so she would know that he was.

“It’s really me, Buffy. I’m right here.” She looked away from him and he tried to keep the conversation going. “What happened to you, love? Why did you do this to yourself?” He asked as he took both of her wrists in his hands and saw that the cuts were still there. She pulled her hands away and looked down.

“He...He told me to.” She said in a quiet voice and he was hardly able to hear her. He cupped her chin and made her look back at him.

“Who told you to?” He noticed that she seemed to have tears in her eyes as she answered.

“He said that the world would be better off without me. He...He said that if he couldn’t have me then no one could.” Spike grew angry at what he was hearing.

“Who said that? Was it the Immortal, did he make you do this?” Buffy looked away from him and nodded. Spike felt like ripping his head off for hurting her. He really missed his vampire strength right about now. “How did he make you do this, Buffy?” He asked her and she looked back at him.

“He has a way of getting inside my head when I’m sleeping. He told me to kill myself and I tried not to, but it was like I had no control over my actions. I...I couldn’t stop it.” She said as the tears fell down her face and he wrapped his arms around her. He then thought about what she said and pulled away from her to look at her face.

“Buffy, is he here now?” She shook her head.

“I don’t think so. I would usually be able to feel him.” Spike nodded and kissed her forehead. He really wished the wanker was in her head right now so he could give him a piece of his mind.

“I’m going to save you, Buffy. I’ll find a way to kill him for this. You just have to wake up and come back to us, love. We all need you, sweetheart. You’re the strongest person I’ve ever known; I know you can fight this.” Buffy shook her head.

“I don’t feel strong anymore.” Spike leaned closer to her and captured her lips with his in a sweet kiss. He rested his head on hers when he broke out of the kiss.

“I love you so much. Don’t ever forget that.” Buffy felt tears fall down her face at what he said.

“I love you. Please don’t leave me, Spike. I’m all alone here.” Spike felt tears of his own in his eyes.

“I will never leave you, but I have to go. I have to find a way to help you. I’ll be right by your side, Buffy. You just have to try and wake up. Can you do that for me, love?” Buffy nodded.

“I can try.” Spike smiled and kissed her again.

“That’s all I ask. I’ll see you again soon, alright?” Buffy nodded again and with that he was gone. She knew that he would help her and smiled for the first time in a while when she then heard some sinister laughing in the distance. Her skin grew cold as she saw the familiar man standing before her. He gave her a twisted smile.

“Well, this should be interesting.” He stated as he moved closer to her.
Chapter 5 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 5

Spike woke up and saw the worried expressions of everyone around him. He stood up and looked at Buffy who still hasn’t moved. “Well, did it work?” Dawn asked and Spike turned back to them. He nodded and they could notice an angry expression on his face. “What happened, Spike?” Dawn wondered and Spike took a breath before he spoke.

“You were right, nibblet. He is responsible for this. Buffy said he has the power to get inside her head and make her do things. He wanted her to kill herself; she said she had no control over it.” Dawn gasped at what he said. She couldn’t believe that someone could do that to Buffy, but she never did like the Immortal anyway.

“How can we help her wake up?” Dawn said and Spike shook his head.

“We just have to be here for her. She has to pull out of this one on her own.” Dawn nodded and Willow put her arm around the younger girl.

“It’ll be fine, Dawny. Buffy can do this.” Dawn nodded again.

“Yeah, Buffy’s like really strong and stuff. Just like Wonder Woman. She’ll be fine.” Andrew said and Dawn looked at him and then the others around her.

“I know, I just really wish I knew if she was okay.” Spike got up and went to Dawn’s side. He hugged the girl to him and kissed the top of her head.

“She’s okay, pet. I know she is, she’ll be back with us soon.” Dawn nodded against his chest and really hoped he was right. Buffy was having a battle of her own inside her head. She stood up and walked away from the Immortal as he got closer to her.

“You really thought you could just leave me, Buffy. You know I wouldn’t allow that.” Buffy backed into a wall that was suddenly behind her.

“I’m not afraid of you, Alec.” He hated when she called him by his real name. He then laughed at her attempt to try and keep the fear out of her voice.

“Who did you think you were fooling? I can smell your fear.” He got in her face and caressed her cheek. She didn’t even flinch at his touch and kept her eyes on his.

“Why are you doing this? I thought you cared about me.” His gaze softened for a moment as he answered her.

“I do care about you, baby. That’s why I won’t let you go. The only way you can ever wake up is if you defeat me and we both know that’s not going to happen. It’ll be okay though. This way we can be together forever.” He said as he grabbed her by the back of the head and smashed his lips to hers in a bruising kiss. Buffy tried to push him away, but it seemed to be harder than usual. The others were watching Buffy when they suddenly saw her move.

“Spike, something’s wrong with her.” Dawn said as Spike went to her side. He saw that her face seemed to be in pain and she was twitching, but her eyes were still closed.

“Something’s happening inside of her mind.” Willow said before Spike could. Dawn continued to look worried.

“What is it? You said she was okay.” Dawn stated as she looked at Spike. He didn’t know what was wrong either until a thought came into his head.

“It’s the Immortal. He must be in her head again.” He told them and Dawn gasped in shock.

“Oh, god. What is he doing to her?” Spike shook his head.

“By the looks of things nothing good.” He replied as he continued to watch Buffy.

“You have to help her, Spike. You have to go back in there.” Spike shook his head again as he looked at Dawn.

“There’s nothing I can do. This is her fight; she’s the only one that can face him.” He went to Buffy’s side and grabbed her hand in his. “You hear that, love? You have to fight him, so you can come back to us. I know you can hear me, Buffy. I’m right here with you. You’re stronger than him, you can do this. You have to do this. I need you, Buffy. Please come back to me.” She kept twitching and her eyes were fluttering. Spike really hoped that she heard him.
Chapter 6 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 6

You have to fight him so you can come back to us. I know you can hear me, Buffy. I’m right here with you. You’re stronger than him, you can do this. You have to do this. I need you, Buffy. Please come back to me. Buffy opened her eyes when she heard Spike’s voice and then pushed the Immortal away with all the strength that she had left in her. He looked at her with a shocked expression on his face as she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. “Well, that was gross.” She said as she walked closer to him, suddenly feeling a lot more confident. He wasn’t impressed.

“You think you can fight me, Slayer? You are no where near as powerful as I am.” Buffy glared at him before she spoke.

“Maybe not, but I have something that you don’t.” He just gave her a smile.

“What would that be?” He asked as he crossed his arms over his chest and this time Buffy was the one that smiled.

“Family,” she said as she bent down and kicked him in the leg causing him to fall. “You see, they tend to give me back my confidence.” He got up right after and Buffy could tell that she really pissed him off.

“You will pay for that!” Buffy rolled her eyes.

“Is that all you can say? Come on, what happened to all the sweet talk? You’re not such a charmer anymore, are you? This must really suck for you. I’m guessing you’ve never really been rejected before. So, how does it feel?” She said with a smile and he ran at her with incredible speed and grabbed her around the neck and she didn’t even flinch.

“You will not reject me!” Buffy rolled her eyes again as she stared at him a thought forming in her head.

“There’s also something else you didn’t realize. We’re inside my head, dumbass. That means I control what’s going to happen.” She then closed her eyes and a stake suddenly appeared in her hand. She gripped it and slammed it into his cold heart. He jerked away from her and laughed at the stupidity of her actions.

“You think this will stop me? I’m not a vampire, little girl. Perhaps you should look up what being Immortal really means.” He stated as he pulled the stake out of his chest and threw it down. He didn’t need weapons to handle her. Buffy nodded and walked closer to him.

“Trust me; I know all about what being immortal means. I knew that wouldn’t kill you, bet it hurt though. I also know that everyone has a weakness. Everyone dies whether they’re immortal or not. Vampires think they’re immortal, but they’re really not, are they? I mean all it takes is a stake through the heart or sunlight.” Buffy then closed her eyes again and this time a huge sword appeared in her hand. She opened her eyes to look at her new weapon and then at the Immortal who suddenly looked nervous. Buffy smiled at him. “I guess I forgot to mention beheading. That pretty much kills anything really. Seen any good movies lately, Alec? If you have then you should know by now that the bad guys never win.” With that said she threw the sword toward him and it moved so fast that the Immortal couldn’t even dodge it as it chopped his head off in one quick swipe. Buffy then watched as he disintegrated into nothing. “Well, what do you know? Just like a vampire.” She said as she suddenly felt dizzy and the next thing she knew she was opening her eyes to see that she was in a hospital room surrounded by familiar faces that she was very grateful for.

“Spike, she’s awake!” She heard Dawn say and Spike then got up from where he was sitting and noticed that Buffy’s eyes were open and staring at him. He smiled and got closer to her.

“Welcome back, love. I knew you could do it.” She smiled also even though she still felt weak.

“I heard you calling.” She said in a quiet voice and Spike sighed in relief as he bent down to kiss her on the head. Buffy then reached out and grasped his hand in hers. “Don’t go away again.” He nodded and this time gave her a quick kiss on the lips.

“I’m not going anywhere, Buffy. I’ll stay here for as long as you want me to.” She took a deep breath before she answered him.

“Does forever work for you?” He smiled and nodded again.

“Sounds like a plan.” Buffy smiled also and started to feel herself dozing off again, but she tried to keep her eyes open longer.

“I’m going to get the doctor. See when we can take her home.” Willow said as she looked at Spike and then Buffy. “I’m glad you’re okay.” She told her and Buffy gave her friend a small smile.

“Thank you,” she whispered as she finally closed her eyes. She couldn’t keep them open any longer. Willow left to get the doctor and Spike turned to Dawn and Andrew who were sitting close together, Andrew with his arm around her.

“I think we should let her rest. Why don’t I take you two home? You could probably use some sleep, too.” Dawn nodded and stood up along with Andrew. She walked over to her sister first and placed a kiss on the top of her head.

“I’ll see you soon, Buffy.” Dawn whispered to her and then headed back over to Andrew. Spike took one more look at Buffy before he walked out of the hospital room with Dawn and Andrew right behind him.
Chapter 7 by TammyAsh666
Chapter 7

Spike helped Buffy into her apartment, not wanting to let go of her. The doctor was surprised at her quick recovery and said that she would be able to go home the next day. Everyone decided to give them some privacy as Spike helped her into her room. He closed the door once they were inside and helped Buffy into her bed. He got in next to her and wrapped his arms around her. “How do you feel, love?” Buffy looked up at him.

“I feel okay, just a little tired.” Spike nodded and kissed the top of her head.

“You should get some sleep.” She shook her head as she sat up.

“No, I’ve slept enough. I want to talk to you.” Spike took a deep breath.

“What do you wanna talk about?” He asked her. Buffy was about to answer him when she looked outside her window and smiled as she noticed the sun shining right on Spike. She looked back at him.

“I can’t believe I was so out of it that I didn’t even realize you’re in the sunlight.” Spike smiled at her realization.

“Yeah, I was wondering when you would notice.” Buffy still couldn’t believe it as she answered him.

“How did this happen?” Spike sighed.

“Long story, pet. Let’s just say that it was my gift for saving the world, again.” He stated and she nodded in understanding.

“Spike, why didn’t you come see me sooner? Andrew said that you were back pretty much the whole time since what happened in Sunnydale.” Spike sighed again as he thought about what he would tell her.

“I’m sorry, Buffy. I really wanted to see you, I just wasn’t sure how. I was a coward basically, too afraid of you rejecting me. Then when me and Angel came here a little while ago and found out you were with the Immortal I figured you were happy. Even though he wouldn’t have been my first choice. So, we both headed back to LA and decided to move on, but I have to admit that I was never one at doing that well. You’re still the only one I want, Buffy. The only one I could ever want. That’s why I came back to you now. I didn’t care about you being with the Immortal. I figured that since I was human and all you might want me, maybe choose me over him. I had no idea what would have happened to you though.” He stated and Buffy grasped his hand in hers.

“Spike, even if you came to me as a vampire I would still want you. I’ve been so miserable without you. The Immortal didn’t really mean anything to me. He was just someone that took my mind off of things. I never once forgot about you.” Spike smiled at her. He moved closer to her and placed a sweet kiss on her lips.

“I love you, Buffy.” He whispered and she gave him a smile in return.

“I love you, too. I really do, Spike.” He gave her another kiss and then pulled away to look into her eyes.

“I believe you.” She smiled again and rested her head on his chest. They lay there in silence when Buffy decided to break the quiet again.

“Spike, what happened to Angel?” She wondered and he looked at her.

“He survived if that’s what you’re wondering. I guess I should tell you that he’s also human now.” Buffy looked up to see the fear on Spike’s face. She shook her head and couldn’t believe that Spike would still think that she would go back to Angel.

“Don’t even think it, Spike. Whether he’s human or not, it doesn’t matter to me. I meant it when I said I loved you. I love only you.” She said and he sighed in relief and then smiled.

“I wasn’t worried.” Buffy rolled her eyes.

“Sure you weren’t. So, where is he? I’m surprised he came back here without you.” Spike nodded and wondered how she would take the rest of his news.

“Well, it looks like Angel had somewhere else to be. He met this bird a little while ago that he’s been somewhat involved with. He still isn’t really sure about what to call her, but I can tell he cares for her. Anyway, he sent her out of LA right before the big battle so she would be safe and I’m guessing he went after her.” Buffy nodded and accepted what he was saying and realized that she didn’t feel jealous at all.

“That’s good for him, I’m glad he found someone.” Spike decided to tell her the rest.

“There’s something else. She isn’t your average bird. She happens to be a werewolf.” Buffy’s eyes grew big at that and then she confused Spike by smiling.

“Are you serious?” Spike nodded and was still wondering why she found it so amusing.

“Didn’t realize Peaches being with a werewolf was funny.” Buffy shook her head.

“No, it’s just that Xander also has a new woman in his life who happens to be a werewolf.” Spike seemed surprised by that.

“Harris is seeing a werewolf? Have to admit I never would have seen that coming.” Buffy nodded.

“I know, he met her in Africa. I’ve only talked to him a few times, but what I know is that her name is Kat and that he really likes her. He said the werewolf thing doesn’t even bother him as long as he takes extra precaution when it’s that time of the month. Xander has really changed. Losing Anya was really hard for him. He would hardly talk to anyone after we left Sunnydale, but being in Africa and meeting her seemed to really change him. He’s even thinking about marriage again and I think he might actually go through with it this time. I’m really happy for him and I hope that I get to meet her soon.” Spike nodded and wondered about everyone else.

“How is everyone else doing?” He asked her and she looked at him.

“They’re doing fine. Giles is head of the new Watcher’s Council in England. Robin and Faith have been traveling around the world finding new Slayers. They’ve been dating for a few months now. Willow and Kennedy have been staying in Brazil and Willow can teleport whenever we need her which really comes in handy. She’s even teaching Kennedy some spells because she actually wanted to learn. Andrew also works with Giles at the new Council, but he’s been staying here for a little while now. I’m thinking Giles really wants him out of the way and Andrew seems to love Italy, so he’s okay with being here.” Spike smiled when he thought of another reason.

“It could also be because of your sister.” Buffy looked at him not sure what he was getting at.

“What does Dawn have to do with anything?” She wondered.

“I’m just saying that I’ve been noticing the way they are with each other. I don’t know if anything is going on, but I have a feeling that they have a little soft spot for the other.” Buffy shook her head.

“They’re just really close like brother and sister these days. I don’t think they’re interested in each other like that. I thought Andrew was gay.” Spike smiled and shook his head, remembering those two beautiful Italian women that Andrew was with the last time he was there.

“Whatever you say, love.” He said as he wrapped his arms around her. She rested her head back on his chest. She would be having a talk with Dawn later, but right now she just wanted him to hold her.

“I’m really glad you’re here.” She told him and he kissed the top of her head.

“Me too, baby. Me too.” He replied as they both soon drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

The End

I know it was short and that’s not the best ending, but I didn’t know what else to do with this. Thanks to those that reviewed, I appreciate it=)
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=8750