A Slayer's Tale Retold by Aislynn
Summary: Roles are reversed Spike is the Slayer, and Buffy is the vampire. Dru is the vampire with a soul and Angel crazy with visions. I hope you like!!!
Categories: NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action, Angst
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: No Word count: 38958 Read: 16166 Published: 03/17/2005 Updated: 05/08/2005

1. School Hard by Aislynn

2. Family by Aislynn

3. Chapter 3 by Aislynn

4. Chapter 4 by Aislynn

5. Chapter 5 by Aislynn

6. Chapter 6 by Aislynn

7. Chapter 7 by Aislynn

8. Chapter 8 by Aislynn

9. Chapter 9 by Aislynn

10. Instinct by Aislynn

School Hard by Aislynn
Author: Aislynn
Disclaimer: It’s not mine all of it belongs to Joss, and Mutant Enemy. I just fell in love with characters from the very first episode.

Summary: I decided that since Buffy ended I would write my own version changing things a little. AU where Spike or William Summers is the Slayer, pretty much things have happened the same as the first except that Dru is the vampire with a soul, Angelus is the crazy or vampire with visions, and Buffy was made a vampire by Angel and Dru, and is currently with Angel. Dawn is William/Spike’s younger sister, and Joyce is very much alive. Veers off from Season 2 School Hard and Buffy and Williams first meeting. Various Parings (I promise this is a Spuffy Story it will just take a little time to get them together.)

Rating: NC-17

Chapter 1-- School Hard

Standing in the shadows Elizabeth or Buffy as Angelus affectionately nicknamed her so long ago, watched the current slayer as he danced with freedom, and joy. The effortless movements of his body hinted at his strength and agility. The allure of the Slayer was unexpected, quite unlike the last two slayers she faced. His shocking platinum locks, though quite 80’s where presently in disarray and suited him wonderfully. The slayer was undeniably one of the most gorgeous men Buffy had ever set eyes upon, and since she was almost 150 that was quite a list. Intense steel blue eyes framed by thick dark lashes, accompanied wonderfully carved high-set cheekbones, and full lips completed the wonderful package. The ones in China, and New York held little interest beyond the fact that they were the current chosen one something to be conquered and destroyed, a chore she was more than willing to accomplish. This one was different though it was in the way he moved the friends he possessed. It might be time to have some fun it had been a while since she danced.

A wicked smile touching her lips she moved around the room moving toward one of the minions provided by the anointed one, more like the annoying one, Buffy thought.

“Go have a bite outside.” She murmured softly running her hand across the minions check her accent soft and lilting. Nodding he moved through the crowd and heading outside like a good little servant. Watching the Slayer for a moment, Buffy waited for a second or two then moved closer to the Slayer.

“Where is your phone, I need to call the cops some bloke is trying to bite a girl outside.” Buffy breathed feigning concern. Like all other slayers this one was just as predictable quickly heading outside, to save the girl. Moving with feline grace and inhuman agility Buffy made her way outside and into the shadows observing her prey. With a keen eye she watched as a dark haired boy and red head came tumbling outside as the Slayer fought the minion.

“A stake.” The slayer growled between punches. “A stake would be nice!” The slayer pushed the vampire into the wall backhanding him keeping the upper hand, though that was not to hard for his opponent was hardly his equal. The dark-haired boy stumbled back out of the bronze and soon was heading back.

“Buffy, I could use a hand.” The minion gasped as the boy with a flick of his wrist threw the Slayer a stake, and seconds later all that was left was dust.
Buffy smirked, deciding to reveal herself giving him a soft round of applause. “Lovely show pet.” She purred moving out of the shadows her leather duster fluttering around her. “Though color me not impressed he was hardly a challenge.”

William glanced up from the pile of dust swirling around his feet and looked up to see a vision in black. If anyone had asked him a few moments before he would have said only Dru could look so sexy in black but the girl in front of him wore black leather like a second skin. Beneath a long leather duster that moved like a second skin he could see black leather pants that looked painted on, and a small expanse of exposed white skin revealing tight abs. Where Dru was dark, sexy and brooding the girl before him was golden, with a sparkle of amusement, vitality, and oddly contentment within the hazel eyes meeting his.

“Who are you?” William asked brushing off the last remains of dust his senses immediately identifying the blond beauty as a vampire.

“Well, if I just told you that wouldn’t be much fun, now would it pet.” Buffy said moving in loop forcing the Slayer to move back toward his friends as she pulled out a cigarette. “You’ll find out on Saturday.” Buffy said lighting her cigarette meeting the Slayers gaze letting out a puff of smoke.

“What happens on Saturday?” William asked, watching full and pouty lips spread into a wicked smile.

“I kill you.” Came the soft reply.

“Really like I haven’t heard that before, why not do it now.” William asked instinctively taking a step back as the vampire moved to the side back toward the shadows.

“Like I said, slayer, that wouldn’t be much fun now would it.” Buffy moved backwards slipping into the shadows leaving the Slayer dumbfounded in the alleyway.

Wasting no time Buffy moved into the warehouse where the anointed one set up shop, thoughts of the Slayer left behind as the welfare of another coursed through her body. The many vampires in residence believed all that nonsense about the anointed one bowing and scraping eager to fulfill his every command.

Without a glance toward the masses praying at the anointed ones feet, Buffy slipped down into the room she and Angelus were sharing. After the fiasco in Prague, Angelus hadn’t been quite himself far too week, often refusing to feed. The constant attention and coaxing at times became tiring but she loved her dark prince he was her world, though sometimes she wondered what her world would be like if Drucilla hadn’t drove Angelus quite so mad. Soon she would have her prize and her dark prince would be well.

“Hello, my prince.” Buffy murmured pulling back the edge of her duster and sitting besides Angelus on their bed. “I see you haven’t eaten.” Buffy sighed reaching out and gently caressing his soft brown hair, her gaze shifting toward the girl tied in the corner.

“I’m not hungry.” Angelus muttered over his shoulder. “She’s a bad, nasty girl don’t want the taste of that in my mouth.” Came the soft faraway tone that meant he was not really with her at all.

“Come pet.” Buffy moved so she lay on her side and gently guiding Angelus onto his back. “You must be feeling a little peckish. Have a little bite for me, luv.” Buffy purred running her fingers over his cheek and then over his soft lips. Angelus lips parted and gently captured her finger between his lips the lost look fading from his eyes, slowly traveling to her lips. Leisurely Buffy leaned down extracting her finger from his lips, replacing it with her own lips. There was no playful teasing for once their lips touched they parted their tongues slowly beginning to caress each other in an endless kiss for they did not have to pause for breath.

“My sweet Buffy. My golden princess.” Angelus groaned his hand reaching up to caress her cheek. Buffy lifted her lips from his meeting his gaze gently brushing back a stray lock of hair from his forehead. “I feel so weak.”

“I know pet. Soon you’ll be feeling better.” Buffy moved off the bed and moved toward the dark haired girl without sparing her a glance jerked the ropes binding her to the wall. She brought the girls body in front of her pressing her slight and shaking frame back against her own. “That’s why you need a bite to eat.” Buffy grasped the girl’s hair arching back her neck as she began to struggle.

Angelus slid off the bed moving toward them his eyes never wavering from Buffy’s. Giving him an encouraging nod and soft smile, Buffy was rewarded as he shifted into his game face. A pitiful whimper escaped the bound girl as Angelus drew closer, his lips lowered to the girl’s neck. Buffy knew the exact moment Angelus’s fangs sunk into the girl’s artery for she arched back her whole body tensing. When there was no more danger to Angelus Buffy let the girl go, but remained close.

The girl slid to the floor between them and Buffy let out a soft chuckle as Angelus lifted her off the floor twirling her around reveling in the return of his strength, though she knew it was only temporary. Their lips met as they landed on the bed. A purr echoed throughout the room as Angelus trailed kisses from her lips down to her neck his tongue gently working over her artery. Slowly her eyes drifted closed as his fingers trailed along her belly then slowly his palm slid over her breast gently kneading the sensitive area.

“We shouldn’t luv.” Buffy sighed catching his hand. “Your still weak.”

“Let me take care of you, for a change.” Angelus slowly slid down her body straddling her thighs, his lips gently finding her exposed stomach and his tongue twirled around her belly button a sexy smile crossed his lips. “I promise to be good,” after a short pause he added, “ well not entirely.” Angelus let out a soft purr that sent a shiver throughout her entire being. Buffy closed her eyes as Angelus deftly undid the fastening of her leather pants.

“I do love you in leather, its so naughty.” Angelus’s lips gently teased the tender flesh of her legs as the leather slowly peeled away from her skin. In all his days no one else incited passion and desire within him quite like Buffy, not even his beloved Sire Drucilla.

Inch by agonizing inch Buffy’s leather pants were slowly removed. Kneeling at her feet Angelus tossed aside her pants and gently grasped both ankles. Buffy let out a soft unnecessary breath, as he brought first one ankle then the other to his sides then slowly ran his hands up her legs parting them as he moved forward. Buffy’s body arched off the bed of its own accord as Angelus placed a soft kiss on her inner right thigh then proceeded to do the same to left, though he ran his tongue up along her tense thigh, and proceeded to the apex of her thighs.

Angelus gently guided her legs up over his shoulders effectively opening her to him completely. A ragged whimper escaped her lips as his cold tongue caressed her in one smooth stroke ending its assent by slowly circling her clit. Sliding her hands down into his silky chocolate brown hair, fingers winding their way around strands tightening as Angelus gently nipped and began to gently suck and caress her with his soft lips and wicked tongue. Buffy’s hips began thrust against Angelus’s lips her hands tangling in his hair. Lips parting Buffy let out a full-throated cry as Angelus thrust his tongue inside her then out in an ever-increasing tempo; a slow burn began to form between her legs. Slowly his tongue was joined by two, then three of his fingers, which began to thrust inside her leaving his tongue free to tease her clit with hard, quick strokes. The burning sensation began to creep out slowly coiling its way into every fiber of her being. It was almost too much when Buffy exploded a harsh cry echoing in their chamber, thighs tightening as a white-hot flood of pleasure coursed over her.

Angelus smiled at his quivering lover gently lapping up the last of her juices, he moved from between her thighs crawling his way up along her body his lips covering her panting ones.

“I do love to make you scream, my sweet.” Angelus purred his tongue dipping within her depths coaxing her tongue to caress his own.

“Only you make me scream, my luv.” Buffy replied caressing his cheek, as he slid onto his side besides her his hand gently capturing a strand of her hair. When he was lucid things were almost perfect, but those moments were becoming few and far between.

“How was your hunt?” Angelus asked twirling the strand of blond hair about his index finger. “I know you didn’t slay the slayer, you were far to subdued for that to have occurred.” Soft brown eyes captured sparkling hazel eyes.

“I met the Slayer.” Buffy sighed stretching. “I have decided to have a little fun with this one, your always telling me I need to have more fun. I am going to kill him on Saturday.” Buffy smiled up at her lover.

“Will you my sweet?” Angelus asked the clarity of his brown eyes slowly fading. “It will be a lovely show.” Murmuring softly Angelus cuddled up against her side. “Lots of unexpected surprises.”

Sunnydale High, Library

William glanced up as Giles drifted down the stairs from the stacks several large books in his arms.

“What was the name of the vampire again?” Giles asked.

“The vampire I took out called her Buffy I think.” William recalled the image of the leather bound blond vampires flashed through his mind.

“The name isn’t familiar.”

“It could be short for something else.” Willow looked up from the volume she was flipping through. “Like Dru is short for Drucilla, or Will is short for Willow and William.”

“That’s is a possibility.” Giles said placing the texts on the desk as the doors to the library swung open and Xander came strolling in.

“Sorry, I’m late I ran into the ever pleasant Cordilla Chase in the halls.” Xander sighed taking a seat next to Willow. “Have we found anything out about the hottie vamp from last night.”

“Hottie!” Willow squeaked. “She wasn’t that hot.” Willow muttered flipping pages.

“I think I found her.” William said stopping at a sketch in one of the watcher journals, that didn’t do the beauty justice. The picture was from the 1800’s and she wore an elegant dress from that era. Handing over the journal Giles gaze flicked over the picture then the words scrawled beneath.

“Elizabeth Ann Winters, that name is familiar.” Looking away from the journal he laid it aside pulling out another book. “Ah yes here she is.” Giles said quickly scanning the page as three pairs of eyes were eagerly watching him.
“Well, she isn’t the normal everyday variety of vampire we come across.” Giles said. “Buffy as she is being called now was Sired by a vampire named Angelus, at 18, and has killed two slayers one during the boxer rebellion, in China and another in New York in the 1980’s. There is very little information otherwise except that when she does make an appearance there is a very high body count human and non-human.”

“She is relentless.” Came a soft voice from behind them and they all whirled to find Dru standing only a few feet from them, once again sneaking up on them.

“We really need to get her a bell or something.” Xander breathed shaking his head.

Ignoring his comments Dru continued moving closer to the group. “Once Buffy sets her mind to do something she accomplishes it letting nothing stand in her way.” Dru’s eyes shifted to William caressing him for a moment before returning to the group.

“Then you know her?” William asked his eyes traveling over Dru’s body admiring the slender curves.

“Yes in a way, I guess you can say I know her, but then I have learned no one ever really knows Buffy. Just when you think you have her figured out she does something completely out of character.” Dru sighed thinking of her childe the stronger of the two. In their time together she had seen depths to the vampire that she hadn’t understood until she was cursed with her own soul, it had made her wonder about her childe. Unable to look at William she gazed directly at Giles. “I am her Sire.” The soft admission was followed by silence.

William stiffened as yet another of Dru’s past crimes was revealed though so far he loved her despite them.

“Buffy was a beautiful, vibrant young woman from a wealthy and privileged English family. I made another childe long before Buffy, Angelus who I met in Ireland. Angelus saw something within Buffy and desired her so to make him happy after he drained her I changed her.” Dru kept her gaze on Giles not wishing to see the look in Williams’s eyes as another of her crimes came to light. “Buffy was an enigma from the beginning, from the moment she was changed while others are weak and obedient Buffy was willful and defiant. Buffy was never dependent upon me for anything and when she learned of the Slayers unlike most of us she was not afraid rather she was intrigued. After she killed the first one in china what little control I had over her slipped away not even Lindsey could bring her to task. Just before I was cursed with my soul, she began to leave us for extended periods of time, never saying where she had gone or why.” Dru pulled herself out of her thoughts with a mental shake. “Then after I was cursed she came for Angelus.”

“I met her last night.” William said softly not meeting Dru’s gaze as thoughts of her latest revelation, yet another layer between them keeping them apart. “She said she was going to kill me on Saturday.”

“That doesn’t sound like Buffy, if she had you there within her grasp she should have tried to kill you. Toying with you is not Buffy’s style” Dru replied meeting Williams gaze.

“She didn’t try a thing.” Willow supplied mentally running through the events of that night. “She was watching you fight the other vamp Will.”

“Buffy is at heart an impulsive, and impatient creature.” Dru frowned. “Her only weaknesses, besides her attachment to Angelus.”

“She did say, where is the fun in that, when you asked her why she didn’t try to kill you then.” Xander supplied hating being left out of things.

“What is it?” Giles asked looking at the emotions flittering over the vampiress’s face.

“Buffy is the strongest of my children, she gained the strength of a master vampire in less than 25 years, breaking the ties between me and her so I was no longer her master. That is not a paltry feat most vampires never accomplish it always owing an allegiance or obedience to their Sire, for those who do it is usually accomplished after 100 years or so. If she is taking her time, learning patience then we have quite a bit to be concerned about.” Dru’s mind flipped back to when she had made Angelus and the fun she had slowly killing everyone he loved until he went insane.

With Buffy it had been different they found her vulnerable already her heart broken by some fellow noble who did not see the diamond in the rough. Angelus had seen the beauty that was hidden and desired her from the moment he set eyes upon the distraught girl. It had bothered Dru when she had been Drucilla the adoring look in his eyes when he first saw Buffy; there had been something else she had never been able to figure out within his eyes that night.

“Well, she is still just a vampire and I am the slayer.” William said with his usual brash confidence sliding out of his chair. Unable to deal with Dru at the moment he brushed past her. “I have to go or Snyder will chew my ass, again if I am late in setting up for Parent Teacher Night.”


Buffy smiled as she stood outside the school with a written invitation right above its lovely doors.

“You have to love it.” An invitation right above the front steps, humans she smiled moving forward leading a group of motley minions she borrowed from the annoying one who with each passing day was becoming more and more annoying. The kid’s constant posturing, demands, and commands spurred her into coming for the Slayer ahead of schedule. Soon the blood of the Slayer would be coursing through her veins, and having sampled it before she was more than ready for another taste.

William watched as Principal Snyder lead his mother away to have talk. He should have known he was screwed that the little troll would talk to his mother despite his promises otherwise. The sudden crashing of glass stopped all progress and William looked up to see Buffy in the settling remains.

“I just couldn’t wait until Saturday, small town and all, needed a little fun.” A sinister smile touched her lips as vampires flooded into the school. William’s only thought was of his mother and he moved toward her grabbing her arm.

“This way.” He yelled pulling her along away from danger, followed by quite a crowd. They pilled into a classroom and William wasted no time in barricading the door.

William managed to convince his mother, and Principle Snyder to stay in the room till he came back. Crawling above the ceiling was a little trickier than he suspected for it was not solid. Making his way he managed to get to the library, where Giles, and Ms. Calendar managed to barricade themselves into. He had no idea where Willow was he couldn’t worry about it at the moment.

“Giles, my mother and a few others are across the hall. When I give you the signal I want you to get them out.”

“I can’t leave you alone. Xander has gone for Dru.” Giles replied placing a hand on William shoulder.

“Giles, its my mother.” It was all that need to be said, and then he disappeared back up into the ceiling.

It was relatively easy to take out the two vamps in the hall, motioning to Giles he quickly got his protesting mother to follow him out of the school, and to safety.

Lifting himself back up into the ceiling William made his way toward yet
another vampire.

Buffy glanced up as a familiar figure held a struggling dark haired boy in a headlock.

“Drucilla!” Buffy smirked. “It has been awhile what almost 100 years.” Buffy watched her Sire as she tightened her hold on the boy.

“Buffy, dear more like 80.” Dru smirked back pulling back the shirt of Xander exposing his neck to her child. “I found this little one running away from all the fun.”

“I knew it.” Xander squeaked as Dru’s arm tightened upon his throat and he was cut off.

“Why are you here Drucilla?” Buffy asked circling her Sire not fooled for a moment for the soul that she possessed was obvious to one who knew her best.

“I came to join you, help you take down the Slayer.” Dru replied trying to keep Xander quite as she concentrated upon her child. If she could get close she could take Buffy out.

Buffy sighed flicking her duster away from her legs as she moved forward slightly. “So I heard, why haven’t you taken him out yourself.”

“He is different he took down the Master, but now that you’re here we can take him out like old times.” Dru smiled pulling back. “Want a taste?”
Buffy moved forward slowly her eyes on Dru, as she drew nearer she knew the boy from outside the Bronze with the stake, a friend of the Slayer. Never wavering her gaze locked with her Sire’s she leaned down towards the boy’s neck and at the last moment she kicked out sending Dru and the boy flying.

“I never liked you Dru.” Buffy said coldly advancing upon her Sire. “Even without the soul.” Buffy grasped a long pipe from one of the minions, and at Dru’s shocked gaze Buffy’s chilling laughter filled the corridor.

“Did you think I wouldn’t notice the shiny little soul you’ve acquired?” Buffy asked watching Dru get to her feet, pulling the boy up with her. “I always wondered when it came down to it which of us would win in a real fight.” The pipe within her hands twirled with little effort and such speed it was silver blur. “But I have more important prey tonight.” Buffy sighed. “Kill them.” The soft command set the vampires standing at her back in motion flooding out the doors in pursuit of the fleeing duo.

At the slight sound of something moving Buffy moved back down the hall fully intending to find William when she heard a slight movement from above her a few feet ahead. Slowly she followed the movement and grabbing a piece of wood lying from the wreckage their entry caused she jammed it up into the tiles and was rewarded as the Slayer tumbled down onto the ground a few feet away.

“Well, well.” Buffy smiled moving quickly she reached the Slayer straddling his sprawled body, leaning over she grasped him by his shirt hefting him from the ground.

“Look what I found.” She purred just as he slammed his fist into her face forcing her to back away. A trickle of blood ran down her lips and she smiled wickedly.

“You pack quite a punch, luv. I am going to make you beg for a quick death.”

“I am not the begging type.” William taunted slowly shifting his weight and preparing for an attack. With a blurring motion Buffy sent her fist into the Slayers face and kicked his legs out from under him as he staggered back from the force of the blow.

“You need to work on the reflexes, luv they really are not quite up to par.” Buffy chuckled truly enjoying herself as she advanced on the Slayer.
As she got close he kicked up over his head knocking her back sending her crashing into a table. Using her momentum she rolled over the table landing on her feet on the other side.

“Was that up to par?” William growled, gaining his footing and meeting her gaze.

“Actually that was rather nice. I could make this easy on you.” Buffy sighed watching him mirror her motions his guard up. “It wouldn’t hurt in the least, you might even like it.”

“So are we going to carry on a conversation or fight I thought you were here to kill me.” William taunted moving to his left keeping himself in a ready position she was strong but no more than any other vampire he’d faced.

“Well, if that’s the way you want it I rather like the foreplay, but if you would rather.” Buffy moved in quickly striking out in a rapid series of blows. William was able to able to block some though quite a few found their mark. A wonderful dancer she thought I could do this all night. Keeping him on the defensive she backed him up into a corner, he was so intent on deflecting and meeting her punch for punch he didn’t even realize the position he allowed himself to be herded into.

He was exactly where she wanted him, so Buffy stopped dancing and began to fight and soon her blows were all landing with sickening force upon the Slayers physique each blow draining a little bit more of his strength and stamina. When he was barely able to stand on his own Buffy grasped his neck slamming him up against the wall meeting his stunned gaze, with a triumphant one.

“Your good luv, but not good enough. Your watcher should teach you less textbook moves, really do all watchers teach the same moves. Though I will admit you are far better than the last two.” Buffy said her face just inches from his as she increased the pressure on his throat. The soft rasping of his breath filled her ears as he fought too breathe. Buffy leaned forward pressing her body against his bringing her free hand to his face; she realized that she fit against his frame perfectly.

William could only gaze into her glittering green eyes helpless. It was his fault he knew for he underestimated the threat she posed. For the first time since the Master, he was helpless finding himself staring into the eyes of death. Images of his friends and family even Dawn at her most annoying randomly filled his thoughts as it became harder to breathe. I don’t want to die, he thought trying to focus and fight back not knowing what to do for his arms hung lifelessly at his sides.

“I could take you now.” Buffy whispered shifting into her game face, trailing her finger ever so slowly down his prominent cheekbone.

“It would be nice, I could even turn you.” Buffy smiled at the horror and desire for life that passed through those beautiful cobalt-blue eyes. “I just might do that, turn you into what you hate the most. Do you dream about it? I suspect it is what sends tiny shivers down your spine while you sleep." Buffy purred leaning closer her eyes falling to his wonderfully full and alluring lips. “But not now that would be far to easy an end for you.”

“I think that easy isn’t the way for you. Perhaps I will take a lesson from, Drucilla’s handbook.” Buffy leaned closer her lips a breath away from his. “Drucillas scent is all over you. I think I will have fun with you both.” Buffy murmured brushing her lips over his for a brief moment a soft gasp escaped his lips gently caressing hers. Trailing her lips over his neck running her tongue gently run over his jugular feeling the increase in blood flow as his pulse rose, fear coursing through his body. Pressing her lips against his salty skin she began to gently suck the throbbing vein, and scraped her teeth accross the tender skin. Loosing her grip she let him slide to the ground, turning she strolled away.

“I’ll be seeing you around Slayer.” Buffy promised looking over her shoulder she saw him stumble as he tried to get to his feet. “Pleasant dreams and next time I expect a better showing.” Despite the loss in her parties’ numbers it had been a successful evening.

Warehouse

“I thought you said you were going to kill her?” The annoying one whined a sullen look crossing his features.

“Your impulsive behavior has ruined feast of St. Vigious, and depleted our numbers.” Buffy kept her eyes on the annoying one ignoring his equally annoying worshipper.

“Have you nothing to say for yourself?” The boy asked his eyes narrowing upon Buffy.

“I think there has been enough talking. I don’t take orders, never have and never will especially from a boy who surrounds himself with complete morons.” Buffy said moving forward her coat swaying in harmony with her easy gait. Buffy felt Angelus moving into the room, though her attention was on the boy before her.

“How dare you.” The annoying one growled sounding more like a puppy than demon. “Kill her!” The small boy commanded looking toward his worshippers.
Buffy moved quickly kicking the minion to his left and then the other. Grabbing the annoying one by the arm she dragged him from his makeshift throne with little effort, heading toward the cage he used to punish his worshippers. A few of his followers attempted to stop her but they all found themselves on the ground nursing severe wounds, and the others simply watched in shock. Tossing him inside she slammed the door closed.

“Help me, don’t let her do this.” The annoying one cried reaching toward his worshippers.

“I was never one for religion, especially worshipping false idol’s.” Buffy grabbed the chain dangling besides the cage and began to hoist him closer to the rays of sunlight he so loved to watch burn those who disobeyed his commands to amuse himself. A piercing scream filled the air as he hit the harsh light of day. A few wisps of dust trickled down from the cage.

“Things are going to change around here. I want all of this and any trace of that brat gone.” Motioning to the throne and worshipping items scattered around the warehouse. Minions scrambled to do her bidding. “This place is depressing, we need to find a new lair.”

“He had power.” Angelus said moving behind her his hands resting on her hips.

“Now he doesn’t. Children should never be changed.” Buffy said softly leaning back into his chest.

“Is it that what upsets you, or the fact that your Slayer got away.” Angelus asked gently kissing her neck needing to touch his golden princess.

“I let him go.” Buffy sighed moving away from his embrace. “As for the annoying one, he got on my last nerve.” Turning toward him she decided she would let him know their Sire was in town. “Dru was there her scent was all over him.” Buffy’s eyes trailed over his face looking for any telling expression, but there was none.

“Dru has a toy surprise inside.” Angelus’s eyes sparkled as they met her own. “I told you there would be surprises.”

“Yes well you could have been a tad more specific, pet.” Buffy said watching as he again approached her though this time he remained a short distance from her.

“Do you hear them, they are whispering naughty secrets in my ear.” Angelus sighed. “Naughty secrets, time is short.” Angelus’s voice shifted to that of a child and he began to pace around. “Its coming soon you’ll get your hearts desire soon enough, my golden princess.”

Sunnydale High, Library

Giles watched his slayer working with the makeshift dummy they utilized in the Library. William was unusually intent in his workout his movements filled with a level violence and anger that normally was not there.

“We haven’t spoken about your encounter with Buffy on Back to School Night.” Giles called out putting away some of the items they used during the training session. The sound of splintering wood filled the silence of the room.

“There is nothing to talk about.” William replied, moving away from his watcher and began to unwind the tape on his knuckles.

“Ever since that night you haven’t been yourself. Not that I am complaining your deligence and commitment to training is an improvement, but if you can’t tell me then who can you tell.” Giles coaxed he thought of William as more than a slayer and charge, he was the son he would never have.

William unwound the tape not looking up. “We fought.” William replied the images of his fight with the vampire flickering just behind his eyes. “You saw her she is so small, petite.” William smiled sadly looking up and meeting Giles gaze. “We were fighting I was holding my own actually I thought I was doing well.” William looked away the events playing through his mind, the feeling of her fists connecting with his skin.

“I was wrong she had been playing with me having fun.” William choked the words out. “One minute I was landing blow after blow, then suddenly I was getting my ass kicked.” William began to unwind the tape from his other hand. “She had me Giles, by the throat up against a wall, she had me.”
“William.” Giles said softly not knowing how to comfort the teen for he always was so strong. Gently he placed his hand on his shoulder, a silent show of understanding and support.

“I could barely breathe then she just let me go.” William frowned not ready to tell anyone about the soft kiss she placed on his lips and neck, for some reason he didn’t want to tell anyone even Dru about the brief encounter. “She said she is going to have some fun with me and Dru before she kills me.”

“You should have said something sooner.” Giles sighed.

William looked up at Giles his eyes intense, filled with purpose. “I need to train harder, learn more I can’t beat her right now.” Admitting his weakness to the only person he could.
Family by Aislynn
Author: Aislynn

Disclaimer: It’s not mine all of it belongs to Joss, and Mutant Enemy. I just fell in love with characters from the very first episode.

Summary: Also, Lindsey is Dru’s Sire, and is still alive, not having died in Season 1 like Darla. Also sorry for the spelling mistakes on character’s names you should find them all correct this time! Also thanks for the reviews sorry I couldn’t update sooner, writing another story and real life seem to get in the way sometimes.

Rating: NC-17

End of Chapter 1
“I could barely breathe then she just let me go.” William frowned not ready to tell anyone about the soft kiss she placed on his lips and neck, for some reason he didn’t want to tell anyone even Dru about the brief encounter. “She said she is going to have some fun with me and Dru before she kills me.”

“You should have said something sooner.” Giles sighed.
William looked up at Giles “I need to train harder, learn more I can’t beat her right now.” Admitting his weaknesses to the only person he could.

Chapter 2 -- Family

It was everything he wished for, and yet Giles glanced up as the splintering of wood reverberated throughout the library. The old saying, “be careful what you wish for,” seemed to be coming back to haunt him tenfold. It was eerie the change that had overcome his Slayer over the last month. Right after school, William arrived to begin his training and didn’t leave until it was time to patrol. Joyce didn’t mind because Giles had lied, saying that Willow was tutoring him.
William was by far the most extraordinary young man Giles had ever known. The same willfulness and rebellious nature that Giles often complained about was exactly what made him such a formidable Slayer.

William wasn’t just concerned with the physical side of being a slayer; he dove into the watcher journals, and various supernatural volumes in his collection.

Despite his newly formed devotion to his calling William was still stubborn, and willful those were traits that were ingrained, but those same traits were now focused on one goal, becoming something more, and so far he was succeeding by leaps and bound’s.

Giles removed his glasses moving into the library, “William, perhaps you should take the evening off, it is Friday night it has been awhile since you saw Dru.” Giles couldn’t believe that he was advocating not only an evening off, but that his slayer associate with a vampire.

William stopped mid-punch glancing over at his watcher, one slim eyebrow raised. “You want me to go out with Dru now?” William asked. “I thought that it was, let me see how exactly did you put it,” William ran his hands through his hair as was habit as he mimicked Giles accent perfectly, “Ah, yes it was ill-advised for me to associate with someone of her persuasion.”

“Not amusing.” Giles rubbed the bridge of his nose. “While I admire your commitment there is such as thing as to much training. I want you to go out tonight not to patrol but to have fun, you can’t loose sight of who you are William and the people around you.”
William grabbed the towel he had flung over the back of a chair earlier and wiped the perspiration from his face, considering Giles’s advice.

It had been weeks since he had just gone out with Willow or Xander, to have fun not dragging them along to patrol. As for Dru they hadn’t seen each other in almost two weeks. Their last run in had been awkward and completely uncomfortable for them both.

In the past, he had always been able to avoid Dru’s past. He knew what she had done, but it had never been tangible, it was just something that he read in a watcher’s chronicle. When he was with Dru, he thought only of now not of what she had done, or who she might have hurt, but now he was having to face her past and be honest with himself.

And truthfully he blamed Dru, or rather Drucilla for she had made Buffy the creature she was, and now that creature was in his life. Since that night at the school he hadn’t seen the bitch, and he had been itching for the moment when he could wipe that smirk off her face.

Buffy strolled down into the little room she had given Dalton as his own private space. He was hunched over some ancient tomb mumbling.

“So, anything new to report you have been holed up in your little dungeon for days.” Buffy asked slowly circling the room looking around; it was actually rather comfy if you liked books, which of course she did.

“Yes, I have found a passage and I think that it tells of the ring.” Dalton responded without glancing up.

Buffy leaned forward across his workspace with only a flimsy wooden table between them. “The ring?” Buffy raised a brow as Dalton’s gaze finally rose from the tomb he was studying to been glowing green eyes. “I thought I told you to concentrate of finding Angel’s cure.”

Buffy watched as fear seeped into his brown eyes, and he began to move away from the table. “Master, I serve you.” Dalton’s voice was a pitiful plea turning into a whimper as the table smashed against the wall.

“Do you?” Buffy swooping down, and picking up a piece of splintered wood as she stalked toward the cowering vampire.

“Yes,” Dalton cried his eyes flickering to the makeshift stake she held. “I am the only one who can read these texts, master.”

“I can read them, or did you forget that little fact.” Buffy moved with intent grabbing him by the throat and slamming him against the wall causing several of his precious books to scatter across the floor.

“I am loyal to only you.” Dalton whispered his eyes filling with tears.

“Yes I know,” Buffy, growled her grip on his neck tightening if he were human he would be dead at the moment. “So if you wish to remain under my protection you will do as I say, do you understand?”

Buffy released him, and Dalton slid to the floor nodding in the affirmative. “I am sorry Master,” His voice barely rasped out. ”I just want to be the one to find the ring for you.” Buffy glared at his bowed head, and felt his hand stroke her booted foot reverently.

“I don’t want to have to have this conversation again.” Buffy sighed moving toward the door, really she didn’t know why she reacted to violently toward Dalton’s disobedience, and it was her reaction that was upsetting her at the moment.

When dealing with Dalton patience and understanding were her tools, not brutality. He reminded her so much of herself before she met Angel that she normally couldn’t bring herself to be cruel to him.

It was Angel, and his deteriorating condition, which caused her mood swings, and loss of control. He was truly slipping away and Dalton and his books were the only way she was going to be able to save him. The thought of loosing him was too painful.

Making her way through the factory she moved toward her and Angel’s room. Inside she could feel Angel, he was resting as he did more often than not these days.

He was lying on his back asleep, which was due to the potion she made for him earlier. It wasn’t safe for him to be running free in his condition. She almost lost him in Prague and that was when he was strong and healthy she didn’t plan on loosing him now.

Her gaze swept over him lovingly he was gorgeous with his dark hair, and those wonderfully endless brown eyes, she could lose herself in their depths. Sliding onto the bed she curled up next to his body just wanting to be close to him for a moment, it was still a few hours until she could head out.

Lying there next to her love, the Slayer came unbidden into her thoughts. It had been weeks since their little encounter. In truth she hadn’t meant to neglect him for so long, but Angel’s welfare came before her entertainment, and Slayer’s were just that for her entertainment rolled into a challenge.

William Summer’s was quite a surprise. The other Slayer’s hadn’t been a challenge at all. They were solitary creatures with ties only to their Watcher’s. The first one in China she killed quickly, and it had been surprisingly easy, and that was when she learned their little secret.

Every Slayer had a death wish; they were running against the Alock, and the odds. How many times could you go out and do what they did, and survive. The one in New York, had given her a little bit more of a challenge, she even took his coat as a reminder of their little dance.

Then when the moment came when she had them there in that final moment when they knew that she had beaten them, and that they were %oing to die she hadn’t hesitated. Yet when she looked into those amazing blue eyes of his she saw something she hadn’t expected, felt something she never imagined.

Reaching up, running her fingers through Angel’s hair she knew it had been just a moment of weakness. It was just a small setback where the two sides that made up her essence had not f-und common ground it had happened before and it would happen again.

Brushing her lips across Angel’s she wished that she had been just an ordinary girl, but then she had never been ordinary not since the day she was conceived, her becoming a vampire only complicated things further. Things were never easy for Elizabeth Anne Winters in life, so they certainly wouldn’t be any easier now.

The Bronze

William moved through the pulsing crowd gathered at the bronze to hear the latest band playing to the masses. It was the only club in town that let kids underage in so it was filled to the brim with his fellow students, and his slayer sense told him other lovely things, as well.

“Well hello Salty Goodness.” Cordilla Chase purred seeing the object of her affections moving through the crowd.

“You must be kidding, he isn’t interested in anyone except that Goth girl he hangs around.” Harmony Kendall’s annoying voice carried over the music.

“Watch and learn from the master girls.” Cordilla practically growled as she set out after her prey. Leaving her so called friends behind.

Catching a glimpse of Willow through the crowd William smiled moving toward her only to find himself face to face with a smiling Cordilla Chase.

“Cordy.” He acknowledged her presence with a nod and moved to continue on his way. He didn’t mind Cordilla as much as Willow and Xander, she had a sharp tongue but he suspected it was an act. He avoided her because he knew Xander had a crush on her but never made a move. No matter how he bitched about Cordilla William knew that Xander liked the girl.

“It’s been awhile since I’ve seen you here, with your friend.” Cordilla smiled reaching out, touching his jacket and moving closer. “Did you two break up?”

“Break up?” William asked taking a step back hoping to create some space between them. “You mean Dru, no we did not break up.” William replied moving past her toward his friends.

“Really, then why did I see her with that guy the other night.” Cordilla asked.

“What guy?” Spike asked turning back to Cordilla.

“He was a little older probably in College, he had dark hair, designer clothing, very hot.” Cordilla smiled remembering the hottie she had seen Dru, talking to the other night. She was exaggerating of course they had only talked for a minute but hey all’s fair in love and war.

“Hey.” Cordy growled as William turned and stalked away toward his loser friends. With a glare in his direction she turned back to her friends who she knew had been watching them closely.

“Watch and Learn?” Harmony asked raising a brow. “And just what was I meant to learn.”

“That sometimes, you have to lay a little ground work to get what you want. And I always get what I want sooner or later.” Cordilla smiled at the vapid followers surrounded her at all times.

Buffy smiled as she leaned against the wall by the girl’s table having watched the little show. The brunette wanted the little Slayer that much was apparent, the question was whom was Dru talking too. After a little research Buffy knew that Dru was a solitary creature all soulful and broody, not fitting into the demon world or the human world, it was bloody pathetic.

Winding her way through the crowd watching all the little happy meals on legs parading around, without a clue that throughout the club vampires, and other nasties that would gobble them up at the first chance were hunting them.

The music was alluring and loud, glancing up at the walkway above the dance floor she knew several of her kind were feasting. It was a nice little place to get a bite and do other things.

The hunger was beginning to ride her, and gnaw at her stomach. Waiting to long for a bite this evening wasn’t very smart, but she had to make sure that Angel ate before she left. Scanning the crowd she was looking for an easy snack her gaze fell on a boy, a wallflower nursing his drink his gaze darting around the room nervously.

Buffy smiled, boys like this were almost too easy. They never learned really that when girls like her came onto a boy like them, then something was defiantly up but they fell for it every time.

“Hi.” Buffy smiled one of her alluring smiles, and she almost laughed as he looked around making sure she was talking to him. “I’m Buffy.”

“Hi, Jonathan.” He gave her a shy smile. The shy smile spoke volumes for she had seen hundred of boys like him, hell she had been like him for a time. The one everyone picked on the one that was beneath everyone else.

“Hey honey don’t waste your time with Johnny Boy.” A boy came up besides them. “He wouldn’t know what to do with a hot little thing like you.” Buffy watched as Jonathan slinked away, and she focused her attention on the boy in front of her.

He was hot; there was no denying that he had nothing on Angel, or the Slayer. He had on a letterman’s jacket and had that cocky attitude; he was just the type she loved to prey on they always were the ones who ended up crying and begging.

“And you would?” Buffy asked her smile turning into a wicked one.

“Oh yeah.” Gage smiled taking her hand and leading the beauty into a more private area.

”I’m Buffy by the way.” Buffy glanced back over at the dance floor. “I thought we might dance.” Really she would have liked to dance because she really enjoyed just letting herself go. A shy smile touched her lips as he turned around.

“Gage, and I thought we could go somewhere a little more private to get to know one and other.”

Private, to talk, yeah right Buffy thought rolling her eyes behind his back, didn’t guys ever learn new lines, just once she would like something original. Buffy followed him upstairs, yeah like you want to talk up here where people are either feeding or making out. Well at least he was making it easy for her; she wouldn’t have to find some stupid reason to get him alone.

“How come I have never seen you at school before?” Gage asked causing her to blink. Maybe he did really want to talk.

“Just moved here, my parents haven’t enrolled me in school just yet.” Buffy lied smoothly, leaning back against the railing she looked up at him.

“Where are you from noticed your accent and all.” Gage smiled moving closer, his intent was clear as he placed a hand on both side her on the railing.

“London, England.” Buffy smiled back, “So were you born and raised in Sunnydale.”

“Unfortunately.” Gage smiled leaning closer, “But living here has its moments.” Buffy let him move in and brush his lips against hers. Soft lips, she thought as he slid in closer his lips moving over hers. A good kisser, a surprise the jocks normally were the worst, at everything intimate.

As he slowly parted her lips Buffy ran her hands up his back. It wasn’t hard to pretend he was actually quite good. Buffy let her head fall back she felt his hands slide from the rail to her back. Surprisingly his hands didn’t head straight for her ass, but up her back pulling her closer.

Deciding to enjoy the moment she felt as if he was enveloping her into his embrace, he was taller and broader. Angel’s arms felt like that when he drew her close, it always sent a shiver down her spine, for a second each time it made her feel protected. It reminded her too much of the past, and being in Angel’s arms.

Pushing him away without a word Buffy fled down the stairs, and quickly got outside. Tears began to flow as she slid into the darkness of the alleyway, sometimes it felt like there were two very different people inside her, and it was becoming irritating.

Angry at her weakness she sent a trash dumpster flying. A girl passed by the alley fumbling with her purse and dropping a few items. Easy prey, and she was still hungry.

Gage stood staring stupidly as Buffy fled down the stairs. One moment everything had been fine then she was running off. He rubbed his chest where she had shoved him, it was a little sore she packed quite a punch.

“She tends to do that.” A voice came out of the darkness. A man with dark hair immerged. “Run off and leave a man wanting. She can be a naughty little girl.”

“Are you her boyfriend or something?” Gage asked, not really wanting to get into a fight with a jealous boyfriend.

“No, but we are family in a way.” Lindsey smiled. He had been stalking Buffy all evening, she wasn’t aware which was surprising but she other things on her mind so he wasn’t disappointed.

“Really, you don’t sound like you are from England.” Gage relaxed.

Lindsey smiled, he liked the boy he had style he’d seen the way he had watched Buffy since she arrived, and bided his time until he had seen her approach the short boy, and then made his move. More surprising was that Buffy had allowed the kiss at all. Buffy was completely loyal to that doddering idiot Angelus, to a fault.

They had been happy him and Dru, before she brought Angelus into the mix. Angelus was a constant bother with his visions, and crazy ways, the only thing he had ever done that Lindsey approved of was turn a little mouse, into a lioness. Buffy had challenged him from the very first moment they met.

Ingrained in her was the reverence for her sire, and for him as the head of their little family. Dru wasn’t happy with her arrival that fateful evening. One minute they were having fun with a little maid they picked up, the next standing in the door was Angelus with his new childe. Even then she had stars in her eyes when it came to Angelus, it was just one more thing that made him hate his grand-childe.

“I am from all over the place.” Lindsey smiled moving closer to the boy. “Just here for a visit with the family.”

“Well, I had better get back to my friends.” Gage headed toward the stairs but found his way blocked, when he glanced up the scream that formed in his throat was stilled by an hand crushing his throat.

“I think you will be a nice little addition to the family, Gage.” Lindsey growled just before he sunk his teeth into the boys neck.
Chapter 3 by Aislynn
Author: Aislynn

Disclaimer: It’s not mine all of it belongs to Joss, and Mutant Enemy. I just fell in love with characters from the very first episode.

Summary: Buffy and Spike switch roles. Spike is the Slayer, and Buffy is the Vampire. Lindsey has made his appearance and will be shaking things up, and Buffy and Spike have another run in.
Rating: NC-17

End of Chapter 2

“I am from all over the place.” Lindsey smiled moving closer to the boy. “Just here for a visit with the family.”

“Well, I had better get back to my friends.” Gage headed toward the stairs but found his way blocked, when he glanced up the scream that formed in his throat was stilled by a hand crushing his throat.

“I think you will be a nice little addition to the family, Gage.” Lindsey growled just before he sunk his teeth into the boy’s neck.

Chapter 3

Spike saw a familiar figure rush through the crowd of the Bronze and outside. A moment of fear made him pause in pursuing Buffy. It would be their first encounter since she had quite thoroughly kicked his ass. In the end his duty won out and he headed outside a few minutes behind the vampire.

He found Buffy letting a girl slide to the floor beside a Neon Green VW Beetle. The sickening sound of flesh hitting the ground seemed to echo throughout the vacant lot just behind the club. A soft breeze blew the few locks of hair obscuring her face, aside and he realized that he knew this particular girl. Her name escaped him but they had passed each other in the hall that just that afternoon. Green inhuman eyes flashed glowing softly as she licked her fangs as they retracted a smile touching her lips as their gazes met.

Pushing the fear he felt aside he pulled out his stake and moved toward her.

“Its been awhile Slayer, been sulking about licking your wounds?” Buffy asked softly because she knew that even though she had neglected her little slayer he had changed his routine to avoid her. It was actually a good thing predictability could get you killed.

“I don’t sulk.” William responded and circled around trying to gain a better position for attack.

“Don’t you? Dru broods and her little underage lover sulks because you are star-crossed lovers kept apart by circumstances beyond your control.” Buffy smirked seeking the barb hit home. “I’ve heard the tale before, frankly your both rather pathetic.” Predictability set in and the Slayer attacked just as she thought he would.

They traded blows, and Buffy quickly realized her little slayer had been doing a little extra training and a little weightlifting to boot. “Been working out luv?” Buffy asked as they parted and faced off once again.

William didn’t answer he was trying to focus the flurry of blows they traded seemed beyond his ability yet he had held his own, but then he had thought that once before.

“Where is Dru, by the way I have been meaning to look the old dear up and catch up. Last time I saw her she was, well actually running away, but then it suits the bitch perfectly.” Buffy smiled and struck out sending the slayer flying through the air crashing into a pile of crates. Moving forward she wasn’t prepared as William came up swinging a piece of the crate, sending her reeling back and using a trick of her own swept her feet out from under her, and she sailed through the air landing on her back.

William couldn’t believe it for a moment and coming to his senses he moved forward, he could end it right now kill her and be done with it. No more dreams or doubts he would be free of Buffy Summers. The broken piece of crate would work its end was jagged, he raised it above her chest and drove it down with all his strength.

Buffy was stunned for just a second, and when she came to her senses a piece of wood was heading straight for her heart. Instinct kicked in and she raised her hand and the piece of wood sliced right through her palm ignoring the searing pain she shifted the woods direction so it pierced through her upper shoulder missing her heart. Their gazes met for a second both shocked and then the moment passed.

Buffy kicked up once again sending the slayer flying and quickly rose to her feet. Her hand was impaled against her shoulder and without thought she reached up with her free hand and tore the piece out with her other hand. At the moment the pain was secondary as the cause of the injury began to rise to his feet. With out a second thought Buffy moved forward and viciously kicked William in the face and he fell on his back. Playtime was over.

William glanced up just a black boot connected with his face. Get up, Get up he chanted to himself and began to roll over but another blow connected with his mid-section. He didn’t have to rise to his feet because Buffy leaned down and grasped him by the front of his shirt and hauled him up. He looked down into her beautiful face, smeared with a patch of her own blood. Unlike last time he knew she wasn’t playing or taunting him. Within the depths of her green eyes he could see his death. He was scared he had been since he followed her outside. Even when he faced the Master and knew he was going to die he had accepted it but this wasn’t something he expected.

In a last ditch effort to get away from her he tried one last move to put some distance between them. He couldn’t believe it was his only option but at the moment run, run, and run was the only thought passing through his mind.

Buffy actually started laughing. She couldn’t believe the slayer of all people had tried such a childish move. The demon inside her actually calmed and the rage and instinct to kill what had caused it pain died down.

“Well, well was that a part of your new training, or something you learned on the playground.” Buffy murmured her voice husky with laughter. “Really Slayer couldn’t you think of anything better?”

William couldn’t believe she was laughing at him, a vampire was laughing at him. “Actually!” He growled and now that his mind wasn’t focused on his fear he managed to execute a move that broke her hold and grabbing her injured hand he twisted her arm forcing her body down and kicked her in the stomach once then twice. She went down and using a move she had earlier he sent a staggering blow to her gut. Blow after blow fell and he kicked her over and he picked the piece of crate still bloody from when it had tore thru her flesh earlier.

Buffy gazed up at the stars she knew the slayer was coming. His workout really had helped out though it was her wounds that slowly zapped her strength. The piece of wood had gone deeper than she had first thought, and after the incident in the bronze with Gage she wasn’t quite herself.

William moved forward with out pause he raised his hand and was so intent he didn’t sense the second vampire coming up behind him until a steel grip wrapped around his wrist.

“I don’t think so boy.” A voice growled just before he sailed through the air.
Buffy glanced up into a face she hadn’t seen in almost 100 years. “Lindsey.” She murmured truly surprised.

“Elizabeth.” Lindsey smiled refusing to call her by Angel’s pet name for her, “I’ll be right back.” Turning his attention to the Slayer who was getting to his feet. Lindsey wasn’t stupid he avoided most of them at all costs but this boy was getting in his way. “So your Dru’s little pet.” Lindsey murmured.

“I am no ones pet.” William growled moving forward.

“Impulsive, I can see what she finds appealing in you.” Lindsey smiled. “She actually warned me to stay away from you, I assured her you are hardly my type.” Lindsey smiled letting his gaze fall over the boys figure in caress. He saw the boy’s entire body tense, it was offsetting and distracting the boy just as he meant it too.

“Now we can fight, I am at an advantage since I haven’t gone a few rounds with Elizabeth, or we can both walk away.” Lindsey hoped he chose the later he really didn’t want to fight a Slayer.

William glanced over at Buffy who was slowly rising to her feet. There would be another time and place her intent gaze promised that. “I owe her one.” William sighed, as their gazes never learning the others. “But next time were even.” William saw her eyes shift and start to glow green. It unnerved him to no end how her eyes stayed green not shifting to yellow like every other vampire he had come across, nor did her facial features shift, just the fangs.

“Well then, we will be on our way.” Lindsey stepped back not giving the Slayer his back, he wasn’t stupid or that trusting. Moving to Buffy he picked her up with out pause and knowing she would watch his back carried her to the car he had waiting, with Gage’s body in the trunk.
Buffy watched William over Lindsey’s shoulder his hair was wild and Spiked up and really made him look far more attractive than when he slicked it all back. He remained where he was watching them even as Lindsey slid her into the car. Buffy shifted herself so she could watch him as Lindsey got into the car and started the ignition.

“I am going to kill that boy.” Buffy smiled blowing the slayer a kiss just before they drove away.

William couldn’t help the smile that touched his lips at the vampire’s audacity, but it wasn’t the only reason he was smiling. He had held his own, almost taken her out, if it hadn’t been for the other vampire she would have been dust in the wind.

(Things will get a bit more intimate between William and Buffy in the next chapter, and William acquires the nickname Spike. Next chapter will be much longer)
Chapter 4 by Aislynn
Author: Aislynn
Disclaimer: It’s not mine all of it belongs to Joss, and Mutant Enemy. I just fell in love with characters from the very first episode.

Summary: Buffy and Spike switch roles. Spike is the Slayer, and Buffy is the Vampire. Lindsey has made his appearance and will be shaking things up, and Buffy and Spike have another run in.
Rating: NC-17

End of Chapter 3

Buffy watched William over Lindsey’s shoulder his hair was wild and Spiked up and really made him look far more attractive than when he slicked it all back. He remained where he was watching them even as Lindsey slid her into the car. Buffy shifted herself so she could watch him as Lindsey got into the car and started the ignition.

“I am going to kill that boy.” Buffy smiled blowing the slayer a kiss just before they drove away.

William couldn’t help the smile that touched his lips at the vampire’s audacity, but it wasn’t the only reason he was smiling. He had held his own, almost taken her out, if it hadn’t been for the other vampire she would have been dust in the wind.


Chapter 4

Lindsey glanced over Buffy’s features as he lifted her out of the car and made his way into the place she was currently calling home. It was a dump, and beneath her really, why the two ended up in such dumps was beyond him. Several of her minions stood up, they were a loyal lot somehow she seemed to inspire that in those she either accepted into the fold or changed. Such a bundle of contradictions encased in such an appealing packaging.

“What happened?” A blond haired girl no more than 17 moved forward her hand reaching out toward Buffy’s unconscious body.

“Who are you?” One of the males asked his voice protective though he was still just a pup.

“Elizabeth, and I go way back she had a little run-in with the Slayer.” There was no reason to lie.

“Damn Slayer.” The blond growled her demon coming forth. Pretty but she would never be anything beyond a minion even if she managed to live 500 years; the potential just wasn’t there. For some it was just that way, and then there were the few like the girl he held in his arms, who had no idea what they could become.

“Show me to her room.” Lindsey ordered. They glanced at him for a moment, their demons recognized he was more than would ever be, and bowed down to his dominance.

“Which one?” The blond asked lowering her gaze.

“She has two?” Lindsey asked softly his gaze moving over the blonde’s features.

“One is Angel’s and hers, but sometimes she likes to be alone.”

“To her room.” Lindsey smiled already she was distancing herself from Angel. It was something he could use perhaps exploit, not with Elizabeth but with Angel. Angel was her weakness if needed he would use that to his advantage.

“Your name child.” Lindsey asked as she led him down a hall.

“Elise.” The blond smiled over her shoulder at him as she stopped opening a door.

“Thank you Elise, please bring your mistress something to eat, and make sure we are not disturbed by anyone.” Lindsey murmured. Laying Elizabeth on the bed he gazed down at her for a moment. She looked so innocent, her golden hair rippling across the mattress.

With ease he slide off her black leather trench coat. From the reports he had on her it had been from the second Slayer she had slaughtered. He always kept tabs on Elizabeth just so he would know where she was when he was ready to bring his family together.

Ripping open her blouse his gaze traveled over the lushness of her breasts spilling over the tops of her bra. As luscious as she was there were other matters to attend to and his gaze focused on the wound through her shoulder. It was a serious wound even for a vampire that damn boy had managed to pierce completely though to the other side.

Leaning down he ran his tongue along the jagged edge of the wound to stop the bleeding. He began to purr at the taste of her sweet blood for it tasted like nothing else, truly one of a kind. A smile touched his lips as he continued to treat the wound, finding pleasure in such a task was always nice. Once he slowed the bleeding as much as he could, he shifted himself so he covered her slight frame with his own.

So much power within such a small package, he ran his hand along her cheek tenderly it had been so long since they had been this close. The moment shattered as the sound of flesh hitting flesh filled the silence. Lindsey raised his hand again cracking against her beautiful face once again.

After the third slap her eyes opened and they were glowing green pure demon looked at him through those eyes, reaching up Lindsey sliced open his neck just enough so a trickle of blood ran down his neck.

A soft growl escaped her lips at the scent of blood. Lindsey was not prepared as her hand moved so fast latching onto the back of his neck holding him in place as her fangs sank into his flesh. His blood was of her blood, and would help her heal faster. Closing his eyes he sunk into her embrace letting her drink from him. It was an intimate experience for one vampire to let another feed from him or her.

Lindsey could stop Elizabeth anytime he wished, he shifted slightly and she growled warningly her teeth sinking a little deeper. He shifted their positions rolling her on top; he wanted to enjoy the experience. As Elizabeth fed on him, he ran his hands down her back. It would end soon enough so he decided to enjoy the moment. Would be angry with him after, but he was willing to risk it.

Buffy became aware fighting past that uncontrollable part of her. Feed, hungry, hurt the thoughts were coursing through the primitive part of her mind. Awareness came crashing in as she realized that she was feeding, from not just anyone but her grandsire. His blood was coursing through her veins she could already feel the wound healing.

Lindsey’s hand was resting at her neck holding her against his throat. That wasn’t the most disturbing thing, for his breath was coming in harsh breaths, his body moving intimately against her own. Thank god she was still wearing her clothing or she would have torn out his throat rather than retract her fangs. Instinct made her run her tongue along the wound as she lifted herself up on her elbows.

Lindsey gazed up into beautiful green eyes she was truly beautiful.

“Since you saved me, I won’t kill you?” Buffy growled warningly but it was accompanied by the slight shaking of her body still recovering from an almost fatal blow, well truly fatal for a vampire.

Lindsey slowly ran his hands up her shivering back and over her arms. “Your as weak as a pup, my dear.” He murmured. “Hardly a time for threats, it would be prudent for you to be somewhat appreciative of my assistance.” Lindsey shifted their positions purposely shifting his body so he thrust up against her.

“I will never be that appreciative.” Buffy replied staring up at Lindsey. He smiled and slowly moved off her.

“I hope you don’t mind but my companions and I will have to stay with you for a few days, until we find a more suitable place.” Lindsey sighed not asking telling, he saw the flash in her eyes, but when she didn’t protest he took it as acceptance.

Buffy couldn’t believe that he had just invited himself and his little group to say, but she could hardly protest since she owed him a debt. And when it came to Lindsey it was best to pay off those debts quickly.

Lindsey moved to the door, for there was a meal waiting, and Buffy really did need to feed, as did he.

“Elise has brought you something to eat.” Lindsey tossed over his shoulder letting the vampiress in bringing in a struggling teenage boy.

“Mistress, for you.” Elise smiled bringing the ripe plum to her sire. The boys name escaped her she picked him up at a party.

Buffy smiled at Elise. “Thank you.” Buffy said as Elise forced the boy to his knees beside the bed giving her easy access to his neck. He was bound and gagged so he couldn’t put up much of a fuss. Far to tired to do anything else she moved forward to feed. The fear washed over him as she moved closer and when her teeth sunk into his flesh he whimpered and she knew that he was crying she could smell them.

Once she was done, Buffy moved back and Elise smiled picking up the boys limp body she left, efficient as always. That was Elise’s gift efficiency it was one of the reasons she was second to Dalton in Buffy’s affections.


Revello Drive

William slid through his window, without a noise. Sliding his weapon into his trunk he let a soft groan. Though he had been on a high after his encounter with Buffy, the reality of their fight kicked in. Though he was not as bad off as before, he was sore all over. God that girl packed a punch.

It was painful to remove his clothing, but once he slipped on his sweats and climbed into bed he let out a sigh of relief. Staring up at the ceiling a smile touched his lips, as he thought of the look on Buffy’s face, when that moment had come, the moment where you knew you lost. Even the thought of what she might do in retaliation couldn’t wipe the smile off his face.
Chapter 5 by Aislynn
Author: Aislynn

Disclaimer: It’s not mine all of it belongs to Joss, and Mutant Enemy. I just fell in love with characters from the very first episode.

Summary: Buffy and Spike switch roles. Spike is the Slayer, and Buffy is the Vampire. Lindsey has made his appearance and will be shaking things up, and Buffy and Spike have another run in. Not promising anything spuffy yet but there is a hint of something starting between them. I know I promised something bigger/better but it just wasn’t right yet.
Rating: NC-17

End of Chapter 4

William slid through his window, without a noise. Sliding his weapon into his trunk he let a soft groan. Though he had been on a high after his encounter with Buffy, the reality of their fight kicked in. Though he was not as bad off as before, he was sore all over. God that girl packed a punch.

It was painful to remove his clothing, but once he slipped on his sweats and climbed into bed he let out a sigh of relief. Staring up at the ceiling a smile touched his lips, as he thought of the look on Buffy’s face, when that moment had come, the moment where you knew you lost. Even the thought of what she might do in retaliation couldn’t wipe the smile off his face.


Chapter 5

Buffy slid from her bed, she was still sore but the combination of Lindsey’s blood along with several feedings throughout the day had revived her strength though the wound was still sore.

Slipping inside their room she saw Angelus laying on his side so peacefully. Last night if the slayer had succeeded she would have left him all alone.

“Hello my love.” He said softly opening his eyes a meeting her own there was concern within their depths.

“Your awake.” Buffy smiled sliding in next to him.

“You’ve been hurt.” Angelus sighed reaching out his fingers brushing over the wound.

“Just a scratch.” Buffy lied.

His arms slid around her, “You need your rest.”

Buffy closed her eyes letting her drift off into a healing slumber.

Angelus kissed the top of her head and glanced toward the doorway seeing his grandsire leaning within its frame.

“You look like hell Angelus.” Lindsey shoved off the doorframe and walked away from the site of Buffy lying within Angelus’s arms. Moving into the rooms he chose for himself he slid across the bed reaching for his companion.

“Do you want me or her?” Came a questioning voice.

“Does it matter?” Lindsey asked looking at the dark beauty who was quite luscious in no way compared to the beauty lying in the other room.

“Not really, so long as you come to me regardless.” Came the teasing reply. “What do you want this time.”

“Surprise me Faith.” Lindsey smiled as she rose above him a wicked smile on her face as her face shifted. “Oh that I can defiantly do.”

Faith rose from the bed she shared with Lindsey. She was still fairly young only a few years old actually, but she had potential that is what Lindsey had called it. He was her Sire, and she was bound to him since she was his childe. She loved him of course, even without a soul, but he didn’t love her that she knew. He probably had never loved anyone in life, and unlife though he was fixated on Buffy.

Lindsey had lifted her up from the gutter or rather trailer park and taught her about things she never imagined, made her into something she thought was only fantasy.

What a life it was she did what she wanted, when she wanted and answered only to Lindsey. Until their arrival in Sunnydale, had laid down no boundaries letting her explore her new life without restraint. Now she had to tread carefully and not get in the way of his plans, or rather his plans for Buffy.

Not that she knew what they were of course. Faith was good enough to sire and fuck but not confide in. Moving outside of their room Faith just wanted to get a look at the legendary Buffy. Really it all had to be hype there was no way the rumors and whispers among the demons could be true.

Faith followed her senses that led her to a door that was open. She glanced inside and saw a couple lying on the bed. This must be them Buffy and Angelus. Well from what she could see of Angelus she could see why Buffy wanted to keep him around, as for the legend all she could see was golden blond hair and a slight figure. Buffy was smaller than she expected, looking even smaller against such a big man.

A shivering growl emanated through the room, and all the hair on Faiths body seemed to stand on end, it was not a male growl but a feminine one. Faith stepped back out of the room, and glanced back at the bed. Neither of the two upon the bed had moved, and Faith shaking like a leaf felt like running back to Lindsey for protection. Not wasting a moment she did just that. Sliding into the bed she molded herself to Lindsey’s back.

“Do you see why I asked you to play nice, with Buffy.” Lindsey asked amused by the shaking girl behind him.

“She is so small, all she did was growl.” Faith breathed softly closing her eyes. “Why am I,” Faith managed shivering, “she is different.”

Lindsey smiled. “The demon inside of Buffy is very different than you.” Lindsey sighed rolling over and pulling Faith into his embrace. “And you will stick to the plan.” Lindsey kissed her forehead, “Or Buffy will be the least of your worries, my dear.”




Sunnydale High

Moving through the Hallways avoiding colliding with other students William made his way to the library. Lately he had seen less of Dru than he would have normally liked, and it should have bothered him more than it did.

Pushing through the swinging doors he saw Giles hunched over some old text.

“Hey old man.” William smiled tossing his books on the table and taking a seat.

“Anything unusual while on patrol?” Giles asked not looking up from his text as he flipped through pages.

“Not really, well expect for running into Buffy.” William tried not to smile as Giles head snapped up so quickly he thought he might have given himself whiplash.

“You saw Buffy?” Giles asked there was a slight stutter to his words that happened every now and again when he became flustered.

“I did more than saw Buffy.” William smiled, “I staked her ass.”

“You slayed the slayer of slayers.” Giles couldn’t help but be proud.

“Not yet but I held my own Giles, and if it hadn’t of been for that second vampire I would have.”

“Tell me everything.” Giles sat besides William listening to every detail of the fight.

As he listened he couldn’t help but smile at Williams delight at besting the vampiress. It really was quite nice to see he had been so serious since their last meeting.

“Don’t get me wrong I didn’t walk away without some bruises I am sore all over.” William smiled as Giles rose from the table.

“Perhaps you should talk to Dru, I am sure she might have an idea of who the vampire who assisted Buffy is.” Giles suggested. He disapproved of Williams’s relationship with Dru, it was wrong on so many levels but she was useful.

“I will stop by her place tonight.” William smiled, rising and getting ready to train.


Elsewhere in Sunnydale

Buffy brushed her fingers across the wound in her shoulder she was all but healed but it still was sore, a reminder that a Slayer got the better of her. Walking down familiar steps she smiled seeing Dalton hunched over some books.

“How is your search going?” She asked, walking into his little domain.

“Actually I think I might have found a book that might have a spell that will work.” Dalton grabbed the book he was currently transcribing and bustled over to his master.

Buffy’s gaze moved over the pages, “Who would have this book?”

“A watcher.” Dalton smiled.

“Well, well aren’t we lucky there’s one right here in Sunnyhell.” Buffy smiled. “Excellent Dalton.” She smiled reaching out and touching his cheek trailing her fingers across his skin.

Buffy headed upstairs moving toward Elise’s room. Of all those she had gathered around herself, Elise she could trust to get the task at hand done without screwing up, especially since she would be breaking into that school which was the Slayer’s domain.

“Elise,” Buffy walked into the room finding Elise fixing another vampire’s long chestnut hair before they headed out for the evening. “I have a job for you.” Elise was perfect because if she was caught on campus she looked like a student.

Elise smiled, “Anything for your mistress.” Elise moved forward waiting for how she could serve her mistress. Lately Dalton had been the focus of her attention, and with Angelus ill their mistress had begun to pay less attention to her over the last few months.

It had been almost 75 years ago that Buffy had sired her she had been dying already. Elise and the others weren’t stupid at times Buffy could be harsh but they saw other master’s and how they treated those beneath them like little more than dogs with Buffy they were protected and treated like people, but their demons knew their place. Even Elise had displeased her mistress and been punished but the punishment had been deserved since she had disobeyed and endangered them all.

At a pointed look the dark-haired girl rose and quickly left the room. “The watcher has a book I desire.” Handing over a slip of paper with the title scrawled in the original language. “I need this book, Elise but I also don’t wish to create a scene so no bodies.” Buffy murmured. “I am sending some of the boys out to keep the little crew occupied so you have time to retrieve the book.”

“I will not fail you.” Elise promised tucking the paper into her pocket.

“I know.” Buffy smiled leaving Elise to prepare for the evening.

Walking down the hallway Buffy heard unmistakable groans coming from Lindsey’s room. Ryan informed her after she left Angelus that Lindsey had brought three companions with him one female, and two males. It was unlike Lindsey to maintain such small numbers, she knew somewhere in town he had a little flock hiding somewhere.

It was still an hour until sunset and she was hungry for something ripe. She could of course go downstairs and have a little snack but they were for Angelus and those assigned to watch him for that evening. Moving into her room she walked to her closet deciding that tonight she was going to dress up.

By the time sunset she was clad in poured on leather pants, a skimpy little shirt she picked up that tied in the back leaving most of her back exposed. Tossing her leather coat over her shoulder she headed upstairs to find Lindsey and his crew waiting for the last rays of light allow them to leave for the evening.

“You look stunning.” Lindsey smiled his eyes traveling over her petite form. “Buffy this is Faith.”

Buffy’s gaze traveled over the girl who was in vampire terms a child. She was striking with her dark hair and dark eyes there was sultry quality about her as she moved she screamed sex. Trashy really, but there was that elusive quality which had attracted Lindsey.

“Faith.” Buffy murmured her gaze traveling over the next male nothing really special there but he had an intense quality, then her gaze moved over the next and stopped, Gage.

“That is Lewis, and this is my newest addition Gage.” Lindsey saw Buffy’s reaction to the boy and it was surprising to see anger within the depths of her green eyes.

“We’ve met.” Buffy replied knowing that it wasn’t a coincidence that the boy she had kissed had been turned by her grand-sire.

“Yes, Gage told me you two shared a moment.” Lindsey glanced down at Faith who was staring at Buffy like a deer caught in headlights.

Buffy moved like a predator every move elegant, and intent nothing she did was by chance.

“I am ready mistress.” Buffy glanced over her shoulder as Kendra’s slightly accented voice shattered the moment of silence. The girl looked beautiful her dark skin was a glow by the paleness due to her current state of being undead. They were going out to the local hangout to hunt and feed. Normally Elise would accompany them but tonight they would be a duo.

“You really do choose them well.” Lindsey replied his gaze moving appreciatively over Kendra.

Buffy smiled, she never really thought about it but she always changed people whom she found some quality about them that she liked. The demon that took over assumed many of their qualities and very few of them disappointed her once changed. Kendra was an excellent fighter one of the best she had but looking at her you would never expect it. They all were also quite beautiful.

Buffy’s senses told her it was time to go that the last rays of light had faded away.

“I hope you have a good evening.” Buffy smiled moving past them sliding her coat on, Kendra following in her wake.

“Oh we will.” Lindsey smiled back his gaze moving over the blonde’s figure as they passed by. His gaze moved down to Faith’s whose gaze was on him and there was anger within their depths.

“Must you be so obvious?” She asked crossing her arms across her chest.



Elise slipped into the darkness as she left the school she had retrieved the book without incident. Now it was time to deliver the book to Dalton. Once her mission was complete she could join her mistress in the hunt.

The task had been rather easy, she waited until the Slayer and his crew left their little meeting place and went out on their little patrol. Why they remained meeting a place where any demon or vampire could enter was puzzling. It had taken her less than 20 minutes to find the book in the Watcher’s office, which in his haste he had left open, so she did not have to take the time to pick the lock. They probably wouldn’t even notice the book was missing until it was too late.


The Bronze

Buffy swayed her hips to the music slowly lifting her arms above her head. Kendra was currently occupied with her meal somewhere private so she was dancing alone. Closing her eyes she enjoyed the moment letting herself slip away and simply enjoy.

William walked into the bronze their early patrol had been rather busy. Normally things picked up later in the evening but tonight had been especially busy, and then all of a sudden things just died down. He had a strange feeling all evening like he was being toyed with. Willow and Xander headed off toward the bar to get them drinks while he grabbed them a table.

Tossing his jacket onto a chair he sat down and glanced toward the dance floor and couldn’t believe his eyes. Right there not even a few feet away from him was Buffy. Buffy like he had never seen her before. Her body was swaying perfectly to the music, her arms were above her head slightly and her eyes were closed. She looked like an Angel.

“Whatcha, looking.” Xander began then turned toward the vision before them his words stopped. He knew she was evil, oh yes she was evil, but did she have to look so good, so very good being evil. “God is she hot.” Xander breathed softly, and then looked at William, “Did I say that out loud?” He asked, but noticed that his friends gaze turned right back to the vampire who’s eyes opened at that moment looking right at the two of them.

Buffy was snapped out of the moment by a sudden shiver traveling down her spine one that was followed directly by the appearance of a Slayer. Who was presently watching her from a table, with the in tow whelp. What was a girl or rather demon to do?”

Smiling she lowered a hand to her lips and blew him a kiss, exactly as she had done after he had kicked her ass, an event which was never going to repeat itself if she had anything to say about it. The crowd shifted blocking her view of the two of them and sadly it was time to go.

A wicked smile touched William’s lips at the reminder of their last encounter; she really had a pair of brass ones. “I’ll be right back.”

Dru stood in the shadows of the club watching her love as he watched another. Jealousy and outrage coursed through her as she saw desire pass through his eyes for a moment as he watched Buffy dance. If it had been any human girl she would have understood, but this was Buffy. As he moved through the crowd in pursuit Dru moved to intercept him. Was he stupid Buffy was leading him right outside where she would probably attack him.

“William.” Dru, caught his arm, and he turned toward her with a surprised look on his face.

“Dru.” William’s gaze caressed her delicate features she was so beautiful. Guilt coursed through him since he hadn’t noticed her presence tonight. He always knew when she was about, but tonight he’d been distracted by Buffy.

“We need to talk.” Dru said her gaze flickering toward the direction Buffy had taken.

“Yes we do, but not here how about I come your place tonight after I patrol.” William smiled, he loved Dru he reminded himself. Moving closer he reached up brushing his fingers across her cheek. “We just stopped by for a little break then are heading back out.”

“Okay.” Dru, sighed undone by his lips brushing across her own. Only the Slayer made her feel like an untried girl again. Once she had been the scourge of Europe, now a mere boy turned her knees into jelly with just a brush of his lips.

Buffy glanced over her shoulder to see Dru and the Slayer talking. She had known Dru was there since she sulked in after the slayer and his little pack. Always sulking in the darkness she really was whipped.

A blur of red crashed right into Buffy, and green eyes less intense than her own wide with fear stared into her own. They were of the same height actually.

“Willow isn’t it.” Buffy smiled she didn’t have to smell the girls fear it was in every muscle and pour of her body. This one was such an easy mark so unsure of herself, and so in love with the Slayer.

“Please don’t hurt me.” She stuttered.

Buffy intentionally moved closer reaching out she caught a lock of Willow’s hair letting it slide through her fingers. “I bet you taste like strawberries.” She purred softly letting her eyes shift to a deeper glowing green. A smile touched her lips as the girls entire body began to shake.

“Calm down little girl, I am hardly going to bite you in the middle of a crowd.” Buffy smiled stepping back. “There is so much more to you little witch.” Buffy smiled, “You defiantly have potential.” Moving past her she stopped just behind the nerdy girl her gaze on the Slayer kissing Dru. “Tell the slayer, I will be seeing him soon, and I will defiantly be keeping my eye on you.”


Buffy found Kendra finishing her meal in an alleyway. Kendra the body slide to the floor, he would change and if he found his way back to them he would become one of many, the odds were the Slayer would get him just after he rose. He patrolled the cemeteries, and if someone was killed with some mysterious bite he would be there waiting. That’s why if they wanted to ensure someone was changed they took their body with them.

Walking into their room Buffy found Angelus up in the main room staring up at a painting she had placed in the main room.

“You are looking well.” Buffy sighed walking over to him and sliding her arms around his waist.

“I am having a good day.” He smiled brushing back her hair. “My golden princess looks luscious.” He leaned down capturing her lips.

“If I had known I would have taken you with me.” Buffy smiled. “We could have danced.”

“Not the kind of dancing I prefer.” He murmured kissing her neck running his tongue along her skin he could taste there grand-sire’s blood coursing through his beloved. He was weak but he wasn’t stupid.

“The slayer took a bite out of you.” Angelus sighed his fingers moving over the still sore area.

“Just a lucky moment.” Buffy sighed leaning into his body enjoying the feel of him. The feel of his hands sliding down her back resting on the small of her back.

“Your bookworm is hard at work.” Angelus smiled softly tilting her head back. “Elise did a splendid job.”

“Soon my love you will be well.” Buffy caressed his cheek lifting her lips to his. Their mouths merged into a long endless kiss filled with longing, and love.

“I am well tonight.” Angelus purred softly his face shifting as he pulled her closer it had been awhile since he had felt so good, enough to do more just kiss his princess.
Chapter 6 by Aislynn
Author: Aislynn

Disclaimer: It’s not mine all of it belongs to Joss, and Mutant Enemy. I just fell in love with characters from the very first episode.

Summary: Buffy and Spike switch roles. Spike is the Slayer, and Buffy is the Vampire. Lindsey has made his appearance and will be shaking things up, and Buffy and Spike have another run in. Not promising anything spuffy yet but there is a hint of something starting between them. I know I promised something bigger/better but it just wasn’t right yet. And to Flameywicca, I do plan on giving Faith a vamp of her very own in later chapters.

Rating: NC-17

End of Chapter 5

“Soon my love you will be well.” Buffy caressed his cheek lifting her lips to his. Their mouths merged into a long endless kiss filled with longing, and love.

“I am well tonight.” Angelus purred softly his face shifting as he pulled her closer it had been awhile since he had felt so good, enough to do more just kiss his princess.


Chapter 6

Buffy slid from beneath the covers of the bed making sure she didn’t disturb Angelus as he slept. Things had started out wonderfully, mind-blowing actually then they deteriorated from there. Angelus started babbling about dirty little fairies dancing around the bed. Quickly sliding on her clothes she left the room making her way to the one person who could make him strong again.

Dalton was hunched over his desk scribbling madly, as he mumbled to himself.

“Any luck?” Buffy asked, slowly approaching his desk her gaze moving over the various books littering the desk.

“I can’t decipher any of this, none of it makes sense.” Dalton glanced up frustrated that he was being disturbed even if it was Buffy he was so close.

“What do you mean?” Buffy asked moving to his side glancing down at the book he was currently working on. Flipping the pages she found herself easily deciphering a clutter of nonsense.

“It’s a puzzle.” Angelus’s voice came from the doorway. Buffy turned to see him leaning against the doorway. For such an imposing figure he looked so fragile though his gaze was intent. In complete contrast his voice was barely audible as he spoke, “I woke and you weren’t there.”

“A puzzle?” Buffy asked moving to his side and helping him into Dalton’s study and a nearby chair.

Dalton pushed up his glasses a frown on his face. “Perhaps in code.” He asked softly a spark igniting within in his eyes.

“Yes.” Angelus replied leaning his head against her breast his eyes fluttering closed as a sigh escaped his lips. “You need the key. The voices fluttering, yelling, screaming say you need the key to crack the code.” Angelus reached out touching the book he flipped the book closed and ran his fingers over the name at the bottom. “Where he lies you will find the key.”

Buffy glanced at the name engraved boldly into the leather, Dulac. Lovingly she caressed Angel’s hair resting her head on top of his. “Where he lies.” Dalton murmured.

“In his grave.” Buffy answered meeting Dalton’s gaze. “Or perhaps within his tomb?” Running her fingers into Angelus’s hair she smiled. “Very clever, my love. Lets get you back to bed you have done enough for tonight.”

Lindsey pushed away from the wall he had followed Angelus, and found himself perhaps with a way to gain a little leverage over Buffy, or least get into her good graces. They needed a key to unlock the cure for Angelus.

Quickly moving toward his room he knew exactly whom he would send to follow Buffy’s little bookworm tonight, and gain him the key. If they succeeded things would work out for the best, but if not well then they could always be replaced.


Buffy helped Angelus to his feet without difficulty and led him back to their room.

When the sun set her minions would comb every cemetery in the area and find Dulac’s resting place and the key. Soon Angelus would be better and things would go back to normal. Well, as normal as their lives could.


Elsewhere in Sunnydale

Thoughts of vampires always brought William back to one in particular, and oddly those thoughts were not of Dru. Buffy the image of her dancing was seared into his mind. God what a sight, he hadn’t been able to look away there was something about her that caused his usual kill it and move on mentality to stall. Buffy awoke something deep within him that he was scared to let go something that Dru had yet to touch.

William made his way toward Dru’s. He was running later than expected since he decided to walk Willow home after he little encounter with Buffy. Willow had been freaked out after her encounter with Buffy. What ever Buffy had said really set Willow on edge, and Xander decided it was a good night to have a sleep over. If he hadn’t promised Dru he would stop by William knew exactly where he would be, but she was waiting.

William knocked on the door, after a moment it slid open revealing the woman he loved. Leaning forward he kissed her lips gently moving into her place.

Dru touched her lips gently he had barely brushed his lips against her but they were tingling.

“I am glad you came.” Dru, sighed softly shutting the door. “We really need to talk.”

“About?” William asked, he knew exactly what or rather whom she wished to talk about but he wasn’t ready to talk because he really didn’t understand his feelings at the moment.

"Buffy.” Dru replied sharply causing William to raise a brow at her tone.

“What about her?” William sat on the couch Dru had in the room, he had been to the place only a few times. It was just one room, but Dru used furniture to create different areas of the room. A screen here and there was a bedroom, there were little mementos of her life scattered throughout the room.

“I don’t want to lecture you William, I know you get enough of that from Giles.” Dru was nervous she wasn’t sure how to say what she wanted to say. William had become her world in such a short amount time, he had come to mean everything to her, and she wasn’t about to loose him to that soulless bitch.

William sighed, running his hands over his face. Not only was he physically tired, but also he was also tired of the same routine they went through whenever they had a disagreement. Due to the amount of time Dru had spent on the earth she was automatically so much wiser than he was, and she knew what was right, he was after all just a kid. Regardless of the fact that she had spent most of that time as the scourge of Europe doing things she tried to hide from him.

“You don’t want or mean to but you are going to lecture me anyway.” William rubbed the bridge of his nose he felt old at that moment yet he was only 17; he really was starting to feel old.

“I saw you tonight the way you looked at Buffy.” Dru began then stopped herself from continuing because she didn’t want to come across as jealous even though that is exactly what she was the slayer was hers.

“What do you think you saw?” He asked getting defensive he really did not want to talk about Buffy.

“Buffy is dangerous.” Dru, decided to take a different approach.

“More so than the Master, who if you recall I slayed.” William shot back he was starting to get pissed, and when he got pissed he mouthed off sometimes saying things he shouldn’t say.

“If you recall the Master managed to kill you, and in so many ways Buffy if more dangerous because when you look at her you don’t see a monster do you?” Dru threw back at him. “You see the golden blond hair, beautiful face, the perfect girl.” Dru hadn’t meant to say the last part, because it was the truth. Angelus had chosen her at the perfect moment where she matured, and would always remain that perfect age.

William rose from the couch, as something clicked in his mind. The night he had seen Dru and Angelus and the look in her eye. “This isn’t about you being concerned that she is all big and bad, it’s about you and the fact that Buffy took Angelus from you.” William growled tired of their argument, just tired of the constant struggle to be with Dru. “Do you think so little of the feelings I have for you that you think a tight little package is all it takes to win me over?”

“Its not that.” Dru replied even though she was lying, knowing it even as she let the words pass through her lips. “It’s about being aware that Buffy is more than what she seems. The little episode at the Bronze is just her playing with you, it is what she does.” Dru saw him move toward the door and stepped in his way. “Everything is a game to her, except Angelus he is the only thing she cares about. In the end, all Buffy’s actions and desires lead back to Angelus.”

That simple statement set William on edge, and he felt jealous. He wasn’t meant to feel jealous in any way shape or form when thinking of Buffy.

William’s mind shifted to the night he had Buffy beneath him as he drove the stake into her skin. Then to parent teachers night, when she had him pressed against the wall her body pressed against his. It had been amazing to finally win, it had overshadowed the underlying attraction and effect Buffy had on him since the moment they met, he ignored them or rather denied them because of his feelings for Dru.

“What are you so scared of Dru?” He asked softly touching her cheek looking into her eyes searching not sure what he was looking for. “Buffy killing me or perhaps you’re afraid you are going to loose me to her, as well.” William didn’t wait for a reply he simply left if he stayed they would simply talk circles around one and other. If Dru didn’t believe in his love, there was nothing he could say or do to change the way she felt at the moment she could be so stubborn. He might be attracted to Buffy but he hardly knew her, what was between them at the moment was physical it had to be, because he loved Dru.

As he moved quickly toward Revello Drive, the soft glow of light from the far end of the cemetery he taking a short cut through brought a smile to William’s lips. Just what he needed something to take the edge off before he got home.

Dalton peered into the opening he had made reaching inside carefully. A smile touched his lips as his hand closed around the object that would truly ensure that his Master remained pleased with him. Pulling the object out he slowly unwrapped the object from the decaying rough cloth surrounding the cross of Dulac.

One moment everything was perfect the next moment the sound of fighting filtered into the tomb. Not now, Dalton thought moving toward the door he knew without a doubt that the Slayer was outside taking out the minions Buffy had sent with him to ensure the safety of the cross. So close, he was so close to pleasing his Master.

It was now or never, he could either run for it or cower in the tomb waiting for the Slayer to come to him. The slayer was something to fear, but his master was something to be terrified of because the slayer was a quick death while Buffy was quite another matter.

Bracing himself Dalton ran out into the night. The slayer was busy with the last of the minions. Dalton took off running, and heard a painful moan as wood connected with tissue. Not looking back he continued running.

William moved with ease through the cemetery he knew it like the back of his hand vaulting over a headstone he brought his prey down rolling he came to his feet finding himself staring down at surprisingly a bookish looking vampire that reminded him a little of Giles clutching a package to his chest.

“Well, well.” William began but a sharp blow to his back caught him unawares and he whirled around to find a new player on the field.

“My, my I wasn’t expecting you to be so very tasty. I can see what all the fuss is about.” Faith’s saucy smile faded as she took in the reality of a ticked off slayer, who’s attention was now focused solely upon her person. So far in her short life she hadn’t taken out a slayer and as the slayer met her gaze all her earlier bravado shrank away, as the reality that she was now facing off with the slayer hit her full force.

“You won’t have the chance to find out.” William growled at the dark-haired leather clad vampire. The bookish one scrambled to his feet and took off. William knew that he should follow the one with the book, but he was itching for a fight and this one looked like she could provide him with one.

“Really?” Faith asked her gaze traveling over his body, what a tight little body. “I’ve never fought a Slayer before, been hankering to try especially ever since I found out Buffy took out two.”

William took a deep breath; once again Buffy was intruding upon his life. The girl before him had been turned between 17-21 and to some she might look good, but he thought she was a bit trashy but still she looked good.

Faith wasn’t prepared for the first blow it sent her flying. Wow, Lindsey had told her Slayer’s were strong but she hadn’t expected that kind of power. Managing to get to her feet she was a little better prepared as the Slayer advanced. They traded several blows and Faith found out quickly that she was outmatched.

As yet another blow sent her reeling she was getting pissed off because she knew he could have ended this at anytime, he was playing with her. He was the slayer he wasn’t supposed to enjoy this, he was simply meant to do his duty.

“Getting a kick out of this.” Faith asked wiping blood from her mouth. “I thought you were the good guy.”

William couldn’t help the smirk that crossed his face, he had been thinking about his conversation with Dru and her condescending attitude while he fought with Faith. His mind really hadn’t been on the fight.

“There’s nothing in the rule book that says I can’t have a little fun when slaying, and I’m not even really trying, yet.” William met her gaze and Faith wished she had kept her big mouth shut as he moved toward her.


As Buffy made her through the cemetery toward Dulac’s tomb she caught sight of Dalton running madly through the cemetery, with something clutched to his chest.

Something had been bothering her since she had sent Dalton out. Kendra and Elise were watching Angelus he was really starting to slip into his spells more than not, and they were her most trusted associates.

Moving quickly he was running like a pack of wolfs were chasing him. He was just running so she had to tackle him to the ground to stop him.

“Mistress.” He breathed heavily out fear not from lack of breath. “The Slayer.”

Looking down at him she saw he was clutching a bundle to his chest.

“Is that my cross?” Buffy asked helping her charge to his feet.

“Yes.” Dalton nodded enjoying the moment as his mistress held him close, it was after all just a moment.

“Head home, I will take care of the slayer.” Buffy smiled, impulsively giving him a kiss on the cheek. “Good work Dalton.” Buffy threw over her shoulder as she headed toward the slayers scent.

As she got closer she became aware of another scent, which set her on edge, Faith.



Faith found herself on her stomach, this time though she really thought he had broken something. Scrambling on her hands and knees she found herself staring at a pair of black boots. She could feel the slayer behind her and she knew the creature standing before her was so much worse, yet at this moment was her only salvation. Glancing up she met Buffy’s gaze.

William stopped, as Buffy appeared in front of the vampire crawling to get away from him. He actually felt guilty; because he had been toying with the vampire he had let her crawl away from him when he could have ended it, and someone had witnessed his actions.

“Go.” Buffy said her gaze flickering over Faith. She might not like the girl, but she was far more interested in the slayer at the moment. He had been watching Faith crawl away, enjoying the moment perhaps thinking of someone else, and she was almost 100% sure that it wasn’t her this time.

“Twice in one evening, should I feel flattered?” William found himself thinking of the way she had moved on the dance floor. She had changed her clothes, he found that a little disappointing.

“Hardly, luv.” Buffy smiled, “Enjoying yourself?” She asked motioning in the direction Faith had fled. “I would never have guessed that you were a sadist. Though she is just a vampire right, so its alright to torture, and humiliate her, since she doesn’t have a soul,” Buffy drawled raising a brow.

William shrugged not sure why he hadn’t just dusted the vampire why he had been toying with her, drawing it out. He had been using her to work out his frustrations with Dru, and with the Vampire taunting.

“Love the look by the way.” Buffy replied his hair was all mussed not slicked back she liked it that way all spiked up. A smirk touched her lips as she thought up a new nickname for him; she did have a tendency to use nicknames and he would really hate the one she gave him, which made it so much better. “How’s Red.” Buffy asked, watching him get all puffed up, he really was quite amazing.

“What did you do to her?” William immediately went on the defensive at the mention of Willow, well Red actually but he knew exactly whom she was talking about.

“I didn’t do anything, we merely exchanged words.” Buffy began to stroll around him. “Did she say I did something?” Buffy asked, as with everything she did there was a purpose, she wasn’t just casually strolling around though it may look that way. The look on that gorgeous face let her know that he wasn’t even aware he had reveled a weakness one that could be exploited, his friends.

“Stay away from her?” William replied, watching Buffy as she moved around him finally leaning back a large headstone.

“Really, what shall you do?” Buffy asked raising a brow as he advanced. “Sick Dru on me, not really scared of my sire, or haven’t you figured that out yet.” Buffy smirked arching her body back a little, delight coursed through her as his eyes traveled across her body lingering in certain places. “Red is a lovely girl, so quiet I bet she would make a magnificent.” Buffy trailed off as William advanced, predictable as always.

Buffy ducked as he threw a punch that landed on the statue breaking off a chunk of stone. “Wouldn’t be surprised if you just broke something. You really need to work on that temper, you’re tad to impulsive luv.” As she spoke Buffy slammed a fist into his side left open by the swing he took at her.

William felt like bulldozer had just connected with his rib's that was defiantly going to leave a mark. Buffy was moving past him and without thinking he brought back the fist he had thrown, his elbow connecting with the back of her neck. It wasn’t the most impressive move but it made her stumble and catching the fabric of her leather jacket he used it to propel her back into the statue her head cracking against the hard surface.

William thought about a hundred different things he could do in that moment, yet he wasn’t really thinking when he did the one thing that had never should have crossed his mind.

Buffy was expecting many things but she never expected the Slayers next move. If he had decided to stake her during she would have been a pile of dust, it shocked her to the core.

One minute she felt her head explode as it made contact with the statue the next she found herself pressed against the statue, William’s body pressed against hers, they fit one and other like a glove.

And those wonderful lips tasting hers, for a moment she was stunned because this was nothing like their kiss before. She had been taunting him the first time. It was in her nature to tease since she knew he found her attractive despite her being a vampire and she liked to throw it in his face, and set him off balance at key moments. Doubts briefly filtered through her mind wondering if he was trying to the same thing, but they slipped away second by second as his lips moved over hers. At the moment she really didn’t care.

William couldn’t believe what he was doing. All evening he had been doing things he knew he shouldn’t. It started out with him watching, and truly getting turned on by watching Buffy dance at the Bronze. Then because of the effect she had on him he brushed Dru off, not wanting to deal with Dru. Early he had been beating and torturing a vampire while he thought of Dru, and now he was kissing Buffy. Even as these thoughts filled his head he ran his tongue across her lower lip and felt her lips part. God she tasted wonderful was the only thought that entered his mind as he deepened the kiss.

As the slayer’s tongue ran across her own, Buffy couldn’t stop herself from parting her lips and enjoying the moment. He pressed himself closer to her body and she shifted wanting to feel him pressed against all the right spots. Not wanting to break contact with his body she ran her hands up his back as he controlled the kiss. He was amazing, she loved the feel of him he was so wonderfully warm.

William had kissed a vampire before so he had been prepared for the difference in their body temperatures, but he hadn’t expected her taste so wonderfully she tasted like sunshine, which was odd considering. It was nothing like the kisses he shared with Dru full of tenderness, respect, and love. This was raw wanting, and need. He didn’t love Buffy he hardly knew her, what he did know came from books and their fighting, yet he still wanted her despite what he did know and his feelings for Dru.

Buffy arched back pressing her body against his, she wanted more than just kisses and she could tell that his body wanted more, as well. Pulling back from his intoxicating kisses she was surprised as he jerked her closer his kiss intensifying as one hand slid from her waist beneath her blouse. Her skin was infused with heat as his hand slowly slid across her cool skin up along her side.

William found himself drowning in Buffy, he couldn’t think beyond the moment beyond what she was making him feel. He loved the feel of her skin beneath his palm so he moved slowly enjoying the way her kiss became more, wild with each stroke. Finally he skimmed the curve of her breast and he wasn’t shocked that she wasn’t wearing a bra, after seeing her earlier that evening he would have been disappointed if she had. Running his fingers across the curve of her breast he stroked the skin and felt her shiver against him. Slowly he slid his palm up cupping her breast, he moaned as Buffy’s hips rocked against his as she pressed herself more fully into his palm.

Buffy couldn’t believe that this boy, was making her feel this way, she was shivering at his touch as if she had never been touched before. Then again, she had never been with a human, even when she was human. Suddenly William pulled back from their kiss, and Buffy gazed up into blazing blue.

“I love Dru.” William managed, as he stared down into flaming green eyes, which shifted quite suddenly at his whispered words into glowing orbs.

One minute their bodies were entwined the next he tumbled across the grass finally landing on his back. Self-preservation made him roll over and rise up onto his knees. Never in all his life had he seen a woman look more beautiful, and bloodcurdling at the same time. Buffy’s eyes were a blaze but glowing, and the air about her seemed to crackle with energy.

Only one thought filtered through his mind at that moment.

OH SHIT.
Chapter 7 by Aislynn
Author: Aislynn

Disclaimer: It’s not mine all of it belongs to Joss, and Mutant Enemy. I just fell in love with characters from the very first episode.

Summary: Buffy and Spike switch roles. Spike is the Slayer, and Buffy is the Vampire. Lindsey has made his appearance and will be shaking things up, and Buffy and Spike have another run in. Sorry for the delay in updates. Work & Life have a way of leading an author astray. I promised earlier but Spike has now been dubbed Spike by Buffy. Another update will be in just a day. Thanks!!!
Rating: NC-17

End of Chapter 6

“I love Dru.” William managed, as he stared down into flaming green eyes, which shifted quite suddenly at his whispered words into glowing orbs.

One minute their bodies were entwined the next he tumbled across the grass finally landing on his back. Self-preservation made him roll over and rise up onto his knees. Never in all his life had he seen a woman look more beautiful, and bloodcurdling at the same time. Buffy’s eyes were a blaze but glowing, and the air about her seemed to crackle with energy.

Only one thought filtered through his mind at that moment.

OH SHIT!

Chapter 7

William wanted to run only his legs didn’t seem to be cooperating with him at the moment, and he knelt there like an lamb waiting to be slaughtered.

“I love Dru!” Where the hell had that come from, because Dru had been the last thing on his mind a few minutes ago? I do love Dru, William chanted to himself as he fought for control of his body, of course I love her. His thoughts shifted as Buffy advanced. God I am going to die, get it together and get your ass up he growled to himself.

Buffy wanted to rip him from limb to limb. To actually mention Dru, after his hands had been all over her was beyond insulting. He recovered quickly rising to his knees, if he were smart he would get his ass as far from her as possible.

Buffy moved toward him and he seemed to come out of his daze.

“Not really smart pet.” Buffy’s voice was a purr her accented thicker than he had ever heard it with an underlying menace beneath the sexy tone that sent a shiver along his spine, and not in a good way. “To lead a girl on.”

One moment William was kneeling on the floor the next he was sailing through the air. “Great.” William thought just before he landed against a mausoleum with a sickening crack. “God, I have really broken something this time.” Just as the thought passed through his head the air to his lungs suddenly was cut off.

Buffy watched Williams body arch as it sailed through the air, and set herself in motion a second after she sent him flying. As he landed she caught him by the throat applying pressure and holding him in place.

Instinct made William attempt to knock her hand away from his throat to fight it was futile, but he couldn’t give up it wasn’t in his nature. He lifted his gaze to hers and found himself lost.

Buffy gazed into those beautiful blue eyes, and watched the life slowly being to fade. He struggled of course and she smiled, even when faced with a battle that was lost he wouldn’t give up; she could almost admire that in him. Her lips still tingled from his kiss, and she ran he tongue across them, and watched as his eyes followed the motion.

William watched as her tongue slowly caressed her lips, and he couldn’t believe that in just minutes they had gone from kissing to fighting. Perhaps they were setting a pattern, he felt the pressure on his throat lessen and took a quick breath. Surprised he met her gaze and found her eyes were still ablaze darker emerald flecks within her eyes seemed to glow like the stars in the night sky.

“I could kill you now.” Buffy smiled though she was no longer choking him to death she kept a firm hold on him as she moved her body up against his. “I’ve said that to you one two many times.” Buffy sighed leaning closer. “For some reason Slayer I just can’t kill you.”

William could just take a breath due to the angle she was applying pressure, let alone speak but he was very aware of the body pressed against his of her lips brushing against the skin of his throat as she spoke. It sent a shiver through his body.

Buffy ran her tongue along his jugular and felt his body tighten against her own. She could feel this blood pumping through the artery on his neck and in other places, as well. Tilting her head to the side she repeated the action on the other side. A faint bite mark marred the skin of his neck and she knew it was not from Dru, but from the Master, her grandsire through Lindsey. A smile touched her lips, as she knew exactly how to punish the slayer and through the same act her sire as well.

William shuddered as she ran her tongue along one side and the other of his neck. It should have made his blood run cold, but in fact it did quite the opposite. As their gaze met he found himself drowning in the depths of her gaze he found himself leaning forward.

Buffy brushed her lips against his and let her fangs extend as he parted her lips. Not prepared for the change in her, he swept his tongue between her lips, and blood pooled into her mouth. Buffy felt him pull back but she had the advantage and ran her tongue along his bloodied lip and trailed her kisses down his chin. She felt his body tense and felt him prepare to fight. Not giving him the chance she sunk her teeth into the spot the Master had bitten him, and drank deep.

William felt her teeth sink into his skin like two branding irons. A soft gasp escaped his lips in surprise. After the initial pain he could feel her all around him he was drowning in her, and he couldn’t stop his arms from sliding around her waist and he realized that she had let go of his throat not that it matter for she held him in another far more effective way. His entire body responded to each drink she took she felt each pull his entire body was on fire.

Buffy knew when she had to stop she had already taken a little too much. Pulling back she ran her tongue along the wound, “So you love Dru.” Buffy purred softly against his neck. She ran her hand between them sliding down between them.

Reality came crashing back as William felt her hand caress the very noticeable bulge in his pants. He closed his eyes because his body betrayed him and pressed closer. “Perhaps not.” He heard her mummer. “It would be best for you and my sire to stay out of my way, Spike.” Buffy smiled using the little pet name she had given him it really did suit him. She cupped him in her hand pressing against the bulge; she was surprised that it was desire that filled his eyes not pain because it should hurt. So the Slayer wasn’t adverse to a little pain that was a nice little fact to file away for a later time.

“It’s been fun pet.” Buffy smiled stepping back and letting him slide to the floor. “I hope you get home alright we really wouldn’t any other big bad getting its teeth into you.” Buffy laughed as the desire in his eyes quickly changed to hate.

William had never felt so helpless in his life, not only had she seriously injured him, but she’d taken enough blood that he felt weak, and tired. Her taunting wasn’t really helping and he was glad that he was finally able to get some semblance of control over his emotions.

Twirling around before him she was on a high from his blood, there really was nothing quite like Slayers blood. “I would really love to see Dru’s expression when you two next meet, and I would just die to see how you are going to explain.” Buffy let her voice die away as she trailed her fingers over the spot on her neck where she had bitten him. “Sweet Dreams, Spike.” Buffy left him lying there against the cold stone of the mausoleum.

Spike simply watched Buffy fade into the darkness. He really must have someone watching over him, to have escaped death at that crazy bitches hand once again. Well crazy, perhaps he had caused the bitchiness tonight. At least he was alive he thought wondering exactly what the extent of his injuries were. It was a given that he was going to be weak from blood loss, and he knew he had cracked or broken something when he landed against the mausoleum. Well there was only one way to find out.

Buffy slid into the darkness and moved to a point where she could watch him without being detected. For a moment he just sat there, then he began to struggle to get up. A string of vivid and colorful curse words filled the night and finally he managed to get to his feet. Moving further into the darkness Buffy stopped by the figure standing just far enough to have given her privacy but able to aid her in case it was needed.

“You did not kill the Slayer.” Kendra stated her gaze remaining on the threat to her mistress.

“No,” Buffy smiled, she could actually see why Dru would toy with her victims before claiming them. “I find him entertaining.” Buffy replied stopping besides her constant shadow. She had never requested the vampire to shadow her Kendra did it on her own, always guarding her back while still giving her privacy. “See to it that he continues to do so.”

Kendra gave a slight nod and moved toward the sound of the Slayers heavy breathing. He really was beacon for anything looking for easy prey tonight. Kendra followed him closer than she normally would he was far to focused on his anger and pain to sense her at the moment. Which also meant he wasn’t taking the time to notice other creatures sulking in the darkness. Their progress was slow and Kendra had to take out three vampires along the way, but finally he stumbled across the threshold of his house. Now that her task was complete Kendra headed back to her mistress.
Chapter 8 by Aislynn
Author: Aislynn
Disclaimer: It’s not mine all of it belongs to Joss, and Mutant Enemy. I just fell in love with characters from the very first episode.

Summary: Buffy and Spike switch roles. Spike is the Slayer, and Buffy is the Vampire. Lindsey has made his appearance and will be shaking things up, and Buffy and Spike have another run in. Sorry for the delay in updates. Work & Life have a way of leading an author astray. I promised earlier but Spike has now been dubbed Spike by Buffy. Another update will be in just a few days. Thanks!!!
Rating: NC-17

End of Chapter 7
Kendra gave a slight nod and moved toward the sound of the Slayers heavy breathing. He really was beacon for anything looking for easy prey tonight. Kendra followed him closer than she normally would he was far to focused on his anger and pain to sense her at the moment. Which also meant he wasn’t taking the time to notice other creatures sulking in the darkness. Their progress was slow and Kendra had to take out three vampires along the way, but finally he stumbled across the threshold of his house. Now that her task was complete Kendra headed back to her mistress.
Chapter 8
Faith finally managed to struggle to her feet it took some work, and it was the most excruciating experience of her life or rather un-life so far. The damn slayer didn’t look like he could do so much damage. It was going to take days for her to recover, already she could feel several bones that would have to be set before they healed so she wasn’t permanently damaged. She just needed to get to her sire he would make everything okay; everything would be all right when she got to Lindsey.

Revello Drive
William managed to stumble inside his house. At least he would be safe from vampires or rather Buffy that was until he stepped outside the comforting walls of home. Taking a ragged breath he held his side and began to walk toward the stairs. Thank god for Slayer healing otherwise he would probably be dead. The pain was already less intense though by no means close to fading. It would take days perhaps a week or two before he was at full strength.
A sound brought his head up and Dawn stood at the top of the stairs, engulfed in darkness. Though their mother had no idea what he was, it had been impossible to keep the truth from Dawn. Naturally curious she unearthed the truth before their move from LA.
“Will, what happened?” She asked softly coming down the stairs. Dawn had to swallow her tears and had to remind herself of the conversations she and Will had long ago. He was the Slayer it was his duty he was chosen to fight the darkness, and he was the only one. Well the prophecy was far longer than that but that was the abbreviated version. “Let me help you, in case mom wakes up.” Dawn quickly made her way down the stairs.
After all of the trouble in LA they really didn’t want their mother to see Will in such a state. Already she was becoming suspicious with the troubles Will was having at school. They managed to make their way to his room, and Dawn deposited him on the bed and turned to shut the door. Dawn had helped Will before when he had been hurt, but she had never seen him this bad.
“Who, What did this?” Dawn asked softly kneeling to help him take of his boots.
“A vampire.” Will murmured oddly comforted by the tender care of his sister. Dawn at times could whine and complain but beneath all of that there was this side and at times like this he wouldn’t trade her for anything in the world. Perhaps if you asked him in a few days he might feel differently.
“A vampire?” Dawn was surprised he dusted Vampires every night it was the normal, and from what she could gather from the bits and pieces she learned from the Scooby’s they were rather common and the easiest to Slay, even Xander had killed a Vampire.
Will couldn’t stop the chuckle that escaped his lips at Buffy being referred to in that tone. “Not a run of the mill vampire this one is a Master.” Will sucked in a breath as Dawn tugged gently on his boot god that hurt, actually he hurt all over.
“You’ve killed the Master.” Dawn supplied starting on the second boot.
“I killed a Master. This ones different she is like nothing I have faced before.” Will was ready this time as his boot slid from his foot. He also wasn’t about to reveal anything more to Dawn her curiosity was already peaked and he didn’t want her trying to find out anything else about Buffy. One thing his little sis was quite resourceful.
“Lie down Will I will be right back.” Dawn whispered as she maneuvered his legs onto the bed. Dawn glanced over her shoulder watching Will’s eyes flutter closed with a slight groan.
When she returned he was asleep or rather passed out. Gently she quickly tended to the small cuts and bruises. Then sat looking down at her big brother.

Will had always been different. At one time he had been considered a nerd, by many though never by her. He wore glasses and always had a book somewhere on his person and he wrote poetry. Beneath the surface though he had always had that resolve there was something that held the bullies back from taking their teasing to far, he sort of faded into the background though everyone was aware he was right there. Then one day as if by magic he changed. Still to this day she had no idea what promoted the change. He started listening to punk rock especially the Sex Pistols. Then his look started to change. Practically overnight he went from background material to center stage.

Then the trouble started which was the catalyst to their parents breakup. Dawn knew Will blamed himself for their parent’s breakup but in truth even Dawn knew their parents weren’t happy, and hadn’t been for sometime. Will’s sudden problems gave them final excuse they needed to separate.

Then they arrived in Sunnydale to leave all their problems behind, only they moved right onto the hell mouth. It was kind of funny how their mother having the choice of moving them anywhere in the US or for that matter anywhere in the world, moved them right onto the hell mouth. Sunnydale was a place where Will would never be able to ignore his calling.

Lying down next to her brother, Dawn settled in. Tonight it was her brother who needed someone.

Buffy’s Lair

Lindsey paced back and forth in the room he had been allotted by his grandchilde. Before him knelt his own child Faith. He had such hopes for her yet she had failed him already.

“I can make no excuses.” Faith snuck a glance at Lindsey from beneath her lashes. She hadn’t been with Lindsey long enough to know what he was thinking, but she could tell he wasn’t happy.

Lindsey wanted to flay the skin from Faiths back, and then toss her in an alley somewhere, but that would hardly be to his benefit. One thing about Faith she was so eager to belong she would do anything to gain his affection and approval, anything. It wouldn’t be easy to find someone so willing to give up all control to another just for acceptance.

“You will have to make this up to me Faith.” Lindsey sighed his mind working a mile a minute as he thought how best to salvage the situation. “So Buffy’s little pet has the key?” He asked, Dalton was untouchable if he wished to stay in Buffy’s good grace; however there were other possibilities.

“Yes.” Faith admitted lowering her head hoping the posturing and show of submission would appease some of his anger.

“Perhaps, there is something.” Lindsey sighed his gaze falling on Lewis. One thing Lewis was excellent at was spying. “Lewis I want you on Dalton the moment he finds anything out about Angelus’s cure I want to know.”

“Yes Master.” Lewis bowed, and left his masters presence. He had been in Lindsey’s service since before Dru and Buffy ever entered his Sire’s life, and he would follow any order given because his Sire had lifted him from mediocrity and gave him purpose and power.

Faith rose to her feet. “Faith, I didn’t tell you to get up did I?” Came the soft commanding voice of her master. Faith sunk back down on her knees. “Its time for your punishment. It seems that my newest addition to the family has quite a flair in that department.” Those words sent a shiver down her spine, especially when she saw Gage move forward a menacing smile upon his lips, his eyes sparkling with anticipation. So far the newly turned vampire had remained in the background, but that hadn’t stopped Faith’s teasing about his lusting after Buffy or taunting him with herself and then with drawing laughing in his face so confident in her position as the masters favorite. If that smirk on his face was any indication she knew she was going to pay.

“No permanent damage.” Lindsey threw over his shoulder, meeting Gages gaze. It had been surprising how well the boy took to torture, he was still crude but then Lindsey had been inflicting the art of torture for centuries he was a master at it. Faith was properly restrained and it was time for the girl to be reined in a little. Now that Faith was occupied it was time to put a few things in motion to ensure things turned out exactly how he planned.


Buffy smiled as she lay down on the bed in her personal bedroom. Angelus lay asleep in their bedroom. It would be far too painful to be around her lover in this state and not to be able to be with him.

“Would you like me to prepare you a bath?” Elise asked, smiling at her mistress.

“That would be wonderful.” Buffy smiled rolling onto her stomach. “With bubbles.”

“You are positively glowing.” Elise remarked, which was the truth while her Sire normally had an aura about her today or rather tonight she was positively beaming.

“Slayer blood tends to do that.” Buffy murmured softly. “I feel like I could fly.”

“Dalton is working on the cure, as we speak he thinks we should have all the information soon.”

Buffy sighed, watching Elise prepare her bath. “How is Angelus doing?”

“He sleeps most of the time.” Elise responded softly.

“Has Kendra come back?” Buffy asked softly.

“Yes, she said that he returned home safely. It really isn’t wise to keep taunting the slayer perhaps you should just kill the boy and get it over with.” Elise didn’t fear her mistress Kendra and Elise had always been able to talk openly with their sire, in that area that had nothing to fear, only if they defied their masters orders would they fear her retribution.

“Would killing the boy really be the easiest solution? If I kill him another simply rises. Perhaps a little more green but still fresh and spunky. I think for now I prefer this slayer, he is at least predictable.” Buffy sighed lying to her minion. Tonight at the beginning he had been anything but predictable, but then he ended on the same old predictable note. “At least I won’t have to worry about him mucking about in my business for a few days at least.”

“He heals fast even for a Slayer, perhaps another diversion is required.” Elise responded.

“Perhaps.” Buffy rose from the bed as Elise fiddled with the antique tub. It wasn’t the most luxurious she had ever had but at the moment was very inviting. “We really need to find a new place.”

Elsewhere in Sunnydale

Lindsey wasted no time traveling through Sunnydale. Unlike many of his brethren he found modern transportation to his liking, and bought a BMW it suited his aristocratic tendencies. Once long ago servants and others of his station looked up to him had called him Lord. Then he had met the Master. He had seen something inside Lindsey and took him without giving him the choice. It had been wonderful and horrid at the same time.

He pulled up to a dilapidated old building just on the outskirts of town. To the unknowing it looked like one of many of the old houses in the area left to decay. Some still held residents; this one had till his clan moved in. Normally they would be living in the lap of luxury even the lowest of his house, but they needed to maintain a low profile. He had brought only the best of the best. The rest of his house remained back in Europe, until he claimed the hell mouth for his own. It was only fitting his sire had been imprisoned and killed here.

The slayer had given him pause, unlike Buffy he really tended to avoid slayers they were an unnecessary risk. This one he had met and had seen the tail end of his fight with Buffy just as he managed to best her. The fact that the boy had bested not only Buffy but the Master as well made Lindsey cautious.

Moving into the house the front room looked abandoned but once you passed through the main living room his followers had begun to make things more comfortable. As he came into their presence several stopped causing the others to look toward him.

“Where is Misha?” Lindsey asked his voice commanding. Several of the vampires were Misha’s children but through Misha they belonged to him.

“Upstairs.” Mara one of the females Misha turned responded giving him a wicked smile running her tongue of her lips suggestively. She was a beauty it was something he had instilled in all his children to turn those who held this quality. It wasn’t a rule it just made things easier when it came time to hunt, especially in these times where beauty was glorified on the pages of magazines.

Lindsey ignored Mara and headed up the stairs. As he moved up the stairs he could smell the blood & sex. He needed no one to lead him toward his Childe. His house consisted of many branches, all over the world. Lindsey had always been a businessman even when it was beneath his station to dabble in an actual trade. He began his enterprise not to long after he came into his own as a Master. Over the years he had become extremely wealthy. What good was having eternity if one had to live in run down shanties, or to take another’s home when one could stay in their own home. It was fun at one time, but it was nice to have luxury at hand whenever and wherever one liked. Though there were times like now where it was necessary, to lay a claim to properties through force to gain the advantage in situations like this. Unlike most of his children he had sired Dru simply because he had wanted her not because he saw a benefit to his enterprise. Dru then turned Angelus and then Angelus turned Buffy.

Buffy, when he first saw her he was not impressed, though she had been of the upper class he could tell by her clothing, which had been thoroughly ruined by the time he set eyes upon her. Then he’d seen that spark her defiance and ability so early on to disobey her sire, and ignore Dru’s dominance over her. It still brought a smile to his lips the look on Dru’s face when she had slapped Buffy for some show of disrespect, and the fledgling had struck right back. He should have taken the girl under his wing then, and claimed her as his, but he waited to long, and her sights had set on Angelus.

Lindsey did not bother to knock. He opened the door and thought the sight might have shocked him when he was human, it was commonplace to him now.

A girl no more than 18 lay sprawled out on the floor discarded now that she was no longer useful. Once she had been attractive, now her face was pale from the loss of blood. There were deep groves marring her face, and one of her breasts was carved up so badly it was just a pile of meat, the bedding blocked his view of the girls lower body but he knew she had not been left untouched. He could guess whom, Misha had a little pet Sonja who was wicked little thing with a jealous streak for her Sire. Sonja was a little redhead wildcat devoted to Misha who saw her as nothing more than a plaything, it was understandable like so many of their kind Sonja would never be anything beyond what she was already. In over 100 years and she had remained the same. It was sad because she held out hope that one day her Sire would make her his mate.

Lindsey’s gaze focused on Sonja he knew Misha was in the next room. Sonja lay curled up on the bed her hair a crimson halo around her head. Sonja was beautiful with deep brown eyes; with her red hair it made quite the contrast. She slept as he passed by she slept like the dead, always had. Lindsey knocked softly on Misha’s door before he entered. It was rather funny the way Sonja’s rooms were always outside Misha’s she didn’t even realize he used her as a guard dog.

“Hello Sire.” Came the soft accented voice Misha stood leaning besides his bed. Misha was quite something to look at. He had black hair, and amazing deep blue eyes so dark they were almost black. His face was sculpted and masculine, he stood at 6’2 and had broad shoulders, amazing pecs, and washboard abs. He could have any woman, or man if he wished with his looks alone, but then there was that charm he could be anything you wanted and he seemed to know exactly who you wanted him to be, one moment he could the boy next door, shy timid, the next the cruelest creature you had ever imagined. Lindsey found him quite by chance in Rome. Misha was rumored to be the child of a gypsy witch, and gained himself quite a vicious reputation among smugglers and thieves. By 25 he had formed himself a syndicate of thieves, whores, and murders and ran them with a tight hand taking out several rivals along his way. One evening he managed to find himself sitting across from Lindsey in a game of poker. By the evenings end he lay dead in Lindsey’s quarters waiting his arising.

“I see Sonja hasn’t lost her touch I have a fledgling we could introduce her to, they would make quite a pair.” Lindsey smiled at his old friend. Friends it was funny because even though he Sired Misha they were just that.

“And how is little Buffy?” Misha asked. “Still protecting her little lover.” Misha smiled as he watched his Sire. He knew it ate away at Lindsey the fact that he had let a gem like Buffy slip through his fingers was beyond what he could tolerate. Lindsey had a knack for sensing out potential the fact that he hadn’t noticed or rather turned a blind eye to the girls potential was a sore spot.

Buffy and Misha had met once, and it was brief but memorable. She had only been turned a few months when they crossed each other’s path. Angelus had been with his Sire and Lindsey at the time entertaining them Buffy was left alone. He had heard Lindsey talk about her in passing, and at first he intended on terrorizing the little fledgling until he met her gaze. Even in those early days he had seen the power waiting to find release. What ever she had been before she was turned had not been entirely human. She probably wasn’t even aware of the taint in her blood, he still didn’t know for sure but he knew it was elemental and magical and if her blood had not been tainted by humanity she probably would have been immortal, but her human ancestor influenced her genetics enough to make her mortal, thus Angelus success in turning her.

“As always, though he is fading faster than expected.” Lindsey sighed. “Unfortunately she is close to find a cure.”

“Buffy always seems to find exactly what she needs.” Misha responded pushing himself away from the bed and moving toward his Sire. “She is different than you remember her?” Misha asked knowing the answer but wanting to hear it from his Sire.

“In many ways, then in many ways she is still the same.” Lindsey responded his gaze watching Misha, as he moved toward him appreciating Misha’s beauty but beyond that nothing else. With anyone else Lindsey knew Misha would use his appearance, and seduction to gain the advantage but with Lindsey they had always been just friends, as much as they could be.

“Is she stronger than you.” Misha asked knowing this answer as well, but he wanted to see if his Sire would admit it.

“I don’t know, yet.” Lindsey responded irritation tingeing his voice. “There has been a complication.” Lindsey wasn’t about to admit anymore. Misha was the most cunning person Lindsey had even known beside himself, since he knew Misha’s past and never forgot how he rose to power when he was a human.

“Really, I am not surprised.” Misha responded waiting for the order to come. Lindsey needed him to do something there was no other reason for him to come out and risk being followed and exposing his second little family.

“I would do it myself, but I am surrounded by Buffy’s brethren constantly, I need you to contact to contact the order of Taraka.”

“Not exactly a subtle move. I thought you wanted her back in the fold, not dead.” Misha asked raising a brow.

“Not for her, I need them to distract the Slayer he is getting in the way.” Lindsey responded ignoring the look from Misha, which begged for more.

Misha smiled, “She’s always had a thing for Slayers is she as fixated on this one, as she was on the one in New York?”

“She hasn’t killed him yet, that is the problem.” Lindsey glanced back at the door. A second later it opened and Sonja appeared her gaze fixated on Lindsey narrowing. They had never gotten along but she lowered her gaze after a second. It was a second to long though Lindsey didn’t have to a thing. Within the blink of an eye Misha had sent her sprawling across the floor.

“I meant no disrespect.” Sonja groveled at his feet; Misha reached down into the mass of her hair and jerked her head back forcing her gaze up to his. Blood trickled down from a split lip. Their gazes met and Lindsey shook his head in the negative. For such a trespass he could call for punishment but he couldn’t be bothered with Sonja she was the least of his worries.

“Get out of my site I will deal with you later, after you clean up your mess.” He said shoving her toward the door.

“I still don’t understand why you keep her around.” Lindsey asked, and Misha only smiled in response.

“I will contact the Order of Taraka for you, is there anything else?” Misha asked.

“Not right now just remember for now lay low.” Lindsey responded.

Once he was gone Misha called for one of his minions. He played Lindsey’s game because it was to his benefit, like Lindsey he enjoyed power, money and the pleasures that followed. He was also very interested in meeting with Buffy again, and seeing for himself how she had matured. He heard all stories about her exploits second hand; Lindsey wasn’t the only one with plans.

Lindsey made his way back toward Buffy’s current lair, from the one his contingent of minions was residing in at the moment. Lindsey had set his plan in motion and Gage would contact the Order of Taraka. The band of assassins would arrive in a day or two, and he would set them upon the Slayer. It really was irksome that not only did he have to contend with Buffy’s attachment to Angelus but now her odd attraction to the Slayer. That in its self was wrong on so many levels, but he knew could use it against his grandchilde.

As he headed back to his rooms he saw Elise slip out of a room just a few doors down from Buffy’s. So far he hadn’t seen anyone coming and going from the room, simply told that it was off limits.

Waiting for Elise to leave he moved toward the door.

“May I help you?” Came the softly accented voice from the darkness. The girl had been so still and with his mind occupied he hadn’t sensed her there in the shadows.

Lindsey glanced at the door then at one of Buffy’s favored turned ones. Kendra was amazing though she paled in comparison to Buffy, but still she had something.

“Where is your mistress?” Lindsey asked.

“In her rooms. Again can I help you?” Kendra asked stepping forward. She didn’t wish to fight Lindsey he was older and a Master and while she was one of Buffy’s companions she was sure that this one would stake her in a moment if it would benefit him.

“No I just had some information I thought she might find interesting.” Lindsey gave her a smile and moved past the room heading out before dawn. He knew exactly where Buffy was and she was not with Angelus at the moment. Interesting, very interesting.

Kendra watched him slink away. Why Buffy let that one stay under her roof she had no idea. Their time together had been before she and her mistress met, but she knew he was up to no good. Standing at her post she would be sure to let Elise know they needed to assign someone to watch over the little contingent.


Revello Drive

Dru slipped through Sunnydale by the usual short cuts avoiding the major throughways. She shouldn’t have let him leave the way she had certainly she should have followed after him. Pride it was her downfall when she was human, it was still one of her major downfalls.

William with just a glance or a look could set her off it was part of the attraction the way they interacted it had been along time since she had felt that with anyone. The last time oddly enough had been when Angelus, Lindsey, and Buffy had been together. They had been an odd family, but a family nonetheless.

Dru glanced up and found herself in a familiar spot, below William’s bedroom window. The lights were out she needed to see William and make things right between them she couldn’t wait till the next evening. Quickly climbing up to his room she was about to slide the window open when she noticed Dawn lying on the bed asleep blocking Spike from her view. Great, so she would have to wait till tomorrow the little brat sometimes just got in the way. For some reason Dawn took to disliking her from the very start. Though she kept it to herself most of the time it was apparent when their gazes met that nothing had changed between the two.

It took everything she had to walk away and leave things the way they were between them. Tomorrow she could make everything all right tomorrow.


Revello Drive – A day or so later

William stared at himself in the mirror it had been two days since his latest encounter with Buffy. He looked all right a little pale and he had a wicked cut along his eyebrow he had no idea when Buffy had given him that but he knew even with his slayer healing it would leave a scar. His gaze traveled lowered to the very visible puncture wound on the left side of his neck. The worst of the bruises were on his lower body, being tossed around like a rag doll really banged him up.

Reaching up he brushed his fingers along it, and a shiver went through his body as his mind drifted back to that moment his heart pounding, Buffy pressed against him, his arms wrapped around her holding her against him, the thoughts caused a moan to escape his lips, and he closed his eyes caressing the wound. Realizing what he was doing he jerked his hand away startled his gaze settled on the wound. There really wasn’t anything he could do to cover it up. It was sunny outside so a turtleneck was out of the question. He did what he had done for the past few days he slapped a band-aid on and if anyone asked he used the story that he nicked himself while shaving.

Since he was looking better Will didn’t have to try to avoid his mother on his way out for school. Dawn had been great running interference by coming up with some boy emergency that was keeping the both of them occupied. He owed her big time, and he knew that as nice as she was being at them moment she would defiantly collect.

Though he normally hated the differences that made him a Slayer he was truly grateful for them, since his dad would be showing up to take him and Dawn out he really didn’t want to look like he’d had the shit beaten out of him. It was Dawn’s turn to choose so he wasn’t sure what they were going to be doing, but last time she chose to go to see some chick flick that was over 3 hours long it seemed and he was pretty sure tonight’s little outing would be along the same lines.

Sunnydale Airport

The baggage door opened and Phil stepped away to move to baggage cart closer. With the attendant away from the door Gunn slid from the cargo plane and found his way to the parking lot of the small airport. This was really to easy; he didn’t want to meet the Slayer. Even his own watcher referred to William as they Slayer. Just because the dude was called first didn’t make him the better Slayer and Gunn was going to prove it.
Chapter 9 by Aislynn
Author: Aislynn
Disclaimer: It’s not mine all of it belongs to Joss, and Mutant Enemy. I just fell in love with characters from the very first episode.

Summary: Here is an healthy chapter moving things right along. Also, this is a Spuffy story but it is going to take time to get them to that point and they will interact with other people before they get there but there will be that tension. Also I decided to make some other changes as well. I hope you like it!!

Rating: NC-17

End of Chapter 8

Though he normally hated the differences that made him a Slayer he was truly grateful for them, since his dad would be showing up to take him and Dawn out he really didn’t want to look like he’d had the shit beaten out of him. It was Dawn’s turn to choose so he wasn’t sure what they were going to be doing, but last time she chose to go to see some chick flick that was over 3 hours long it seemed and he was pretty sure tonight’s little outing would be along the same lines.


Chapter 9 – All the small things…

It was one of those moments where you were enjoying yourself but you really prayed that no one you knew would see you, but even if they did William wouldn’t have minded especially as he glanced over and saw the blissful grin on Dawns face. You would never guess that an hour ago she had been sitting on their porch waiting in vain for their father to arrive, yet again breaking his daughters heart.

William learned long ago not to rely on his dad it saved him the unpleasant feelings when he didn’t follow through. But Dawn still had hope, and it had broken his heart seeing her sitting there all her emotions in her big blue eyes. It was those big blue eyes and the desire to wipe that sad longing look from their depths that found him here on his ass and freezing. Yeah a little humiliation was worth seeing that look gone from her eyes.

William made a show of struggling to his feet, actually he could skate rather well their mom had taken him to the ice rink every Christmas when he was little just the two of them before and even after Dawn was born. Though his pushy little sister didn’t need to know that for once he was going to let her think she had the upper hand, until just the right moment then he would get her back.

Dawn laughed looking back at William sprawled out on the ice. For a Slayer he really wasn’t very coordinated on the ice, she would have though he would have been a lot better at this than that. They were the only ones at the ice rink how he had managed it she really didn’t care, nor did the fact that she was missing an actual ice show with Olympic athletes this much better. All her life William had been her hero even before he became a real one.

Lately between school, Slaying, friends, and Drucilla the time they spent together had begun to lessen. School, Slaying, and his friends she could tolerate, not Drucilla. Always lurking about the way and she looked at William like she owned him it was sickening and just got on her nerves. Why William liked the brooding Goth vampire was beyond her comprehension, she was so annoying.

“You’re going to pay for that brat.” William promised, as he appeared to gain his footing.

“I am so scared.” Dawn feigned a yawn. “Oh dear the big bad vampire slayer is going to get me.” Dawn chuckled turning her back on her brother fully intending to knock him on his ass again.

William smiled she was so sure of herself so damn cocky he really couldn’t help himself. With a slight push off he headed in her direction.

One minute she was sailing along, the next she was flat on her ass staring at the back of her brother who with little effort turned himself around so he was facing her with a wicked grin.

“Told you I was going to pay you back.” William smirked, and headed back toward his sputtering sister.

“You are, such a.” Dawn couldn’t even come up with a good come back, her ass was stinging, and getting decidedly cold.

“Such a?” William asked a single brow raised in question stopping abruptly spraying Dawn with a shower of ice flecks. A wicked laugh filled the ring as he held out his hand.

“I can do it on my own.” Dawn growled trying to get up but finding herself back on her rear in seconds. Glaring up at her brother placed her hand in his.

“Isn’t there anything your not good at?” She asked as he hefted her up.

“I am sure if there ever is you’ll let me know.” William chuckled.

Dawn made a good show of dusting herself off, and when William glanced away she shoved him. “Catch me if you can.” She called out over her shoulder.

Dru stood in the shadows of the skating rink, watching the pair. While she knew that it would be best if she turned and left them alone, she couldn’t seem to get herself to leave. Jealously coursed through her and at the same time she felt shame fill her because she was jealous of his sister.

Dru’s eyes wandered over William he looked absolutely gorgeous with faded blue jeans on and a black turtleneck sweater. There was something different about him something not quite right, and she stepped closer to the rink instinct kicking in, as she felt or rather sensed something different about William.

William was on his ass again though this time he had company he saw the smile fade not only from Dawn’s eyes but her lips, as well. Turning he saw Dru standing near the rink watching them. Ignoring her wasn’t an option he glanced back at Dawn and gave her a smile.

“Why don’t we take a break and you can go get us something to drink from one of those vending machines, and I will take care of Dru.” William smiled quickly getting to his feet and giving Dawn a hand up. Fishing some money out of his pocket he handed it over and watched her sail away in the opposite direction. He couldn’t help but chuckle it was going to take her twice as long, but she wasn’t going to go anywhere near Dru.

Dru watched Spike sail over to the edge, he didn’t look happy to see her. She couldn’t stand to see him looking at her like that it broke her heart.

“I didn’t mean to intrude.” It sounded stupid to even her, of course she was intruding on an intimate moment that she wasn’t supposed to be a part of.

“My dad stood us up, I really need to spend this time with Dawn. I will come by and see you later and we can talk.” William tugged at the collar of his sweater self-consciously or rather guiltily. He felt like he had cheated on Dru, actually he knew that he had because he had kissed Buffy and enjoyed it when he shouldn’t have. Dru reached out to caress his cheek and he pulled back from her touch, his gloved hand intercepting her own.

“William, why are you being like this?” Dru asked surprised, she knew he wasn’t happy with her but this was to much the demon inside her tamped down by her soul was growing getting agitated.

“We’ll talk later Dru.” Spike, glanced away unable to look into her dark eyes the guilt was eating at him. It made him feel sick he didn’t deserve to have her look at him like that.

“William.” Dru whispered moving closer her senses were going crazy she couldn’t exactly pinpoint what was wrong, but she knew something wasn’t right.

“Will!” Dawn’s scream echoed throughout the ice rink just as they were attacked. One moment he was standing by the rink the next he was flying across it.

“Stay there.” He yelled at Dawn as she started to get back onto the ice, intending on helping him. She couldn’t help she would only hinder him because his focus wouldn’t be on his attacker rather on her.

Glancing back he saw Dru being picked up and body slammed against the railing of the rink she tumbled over inside the rink.

Getting to his feet he headed toward them, and as the man or what ever he was leaned over to grab Dru he kicked out at him the blade on his skates slicing cleanly through his neck. William watched as surprise filled his attackers eyes, and his hands groped uselessly at his neck.

“What the hell was that all about?” Spike mused aloud taking in the odd Tattoo or rather brand on the man’s hand. He heard a soft groan and leaned down helping Dru to her feet.

“This isn’t good.” Dru replied her gaze moving from the brand on their attacker to slide over William instinct kicked in and she leaned forward pressing her lips against his.

William wasn’t sure what to do, he let her lips linger over his for a moment them images of another vampire filled his mind and he jerked back using the best excuse he had. “Dawn.” He said softly avoiding Dru’s gaze glancing over to see his sister headed toward him.

Dawn headed straight into Williams arms she was surprised, as well. Not by the attack she had been with William several times when he had to perform his Slaying duties but by the lack of kissing between the pair.

So involved in other things no one noticed the figure watching in the shadows eyes intent on his prey.


Elsewhere in Sunnydale

“I could just kiss you.” Buffy purred, glancing up from her hearts desire to Dalton. “I think I shall.” Buffy smiled wickedly moving toward her servant and stopped before him, running her hands up along his chest, and brushed a light kiss across his lips.

“Thank you, Dalton.” Buffy smiled returning to the table and picked up the spell folding the precious words she had already committed to her memory. Finally she had all she needed to make Angelus well again, well almost and all she had to do was collect the last ingredient and then wait for the right cycle of the moon, which was right upon them.

Heading up the stairs she stopped once she entered the hallway to see one of Lindsey’s brood lurking. A wicked smile touched her lips. “It isn’t nice to eavesdrop.” She purred slamming the little man into the wall Lewis she believed was his name not that it mattered to her in the least.

“I don’t like rude guests.” Buffy growled and felt the older but weaker vampire, begin to shudder in fear. “Shall I teach you a little lesson?”

Lindsey was kneeling in his bed his hips rocking against Faith’s tight ass in a show of dominance he often exerted over his more spirited brood. With Faith he knew she hated to be made a victim so he had first given her to Gage who turned her back into a bloody mess. Now she was face down as he rammed inside her using her for one purpose not giving anything back at all.

For Faith it was true punishment because even after being turned she was the quienisential little girl lost, all she really wanted was to be loved, and for her beloved Sire to treat her like this was true torture. All she could do was accept his punishment in silence and hope to make it up to him soon.

Lindsey’s head whipped up as the door to his room slammed open Gage flying though it and skidding across the floor. Jerking himself out of Faith, Lindsey watched as Buffy kicked his childe in the face as he tried to get to his feet.

“Stay down.” Lindsey growled truly pissed at his grandchilde’s treatment of his childe.

“Be a good little boy.” Buffy purred looking down at Gage. “I wouldn’t want to really hurt you.” Turning her gaze on Lindsey, she couldn’t help but appreciate his form, he was truly quite a sight even she couldn’t deny that and she raised a brow as he reached over picking up robe and sliding it on. She hadn’t thought he was one for modesty.

“Your hospitality really could use some work.” Lindsey purred his next words stopped as he saw Buffy held something that looked a leash in her hands. He could smell blood and it wasn’t Faith’s. It couldn’t be she wouldn’t.

A beautiful glowing smile touched her lips as she saw his gaze slide to the door. “I found something of yours.” Buffy tugged on the leash and Lewis stumbled into the room. “Seems you should teach your pets some manners, this one was spying I am sure you know nothing about it.” Buffy smiled holding out the leash for Lindsey to take, “No permanent damage, since we are family but I expected better of family Lindsey.” It was a lie and they both knew it.

Lindsey couldn’t see blood but he could smell it, and magic all over Lewis. Meeting her gaze he walked toward Buffy stopping so they were just a breath away.

“I will see that he is punished.” Lindsey growled softly his eyes flashing as he took the leash from her hand. Anger filled him not only because of the treatment that one of his favored was hurt, but because he allowed himself to be caught.

“I already did.” Buffy murmured softly her Sire’s power pressing against her own she smiled up into his eyes. It was an insult one he would either swallow or turn into a challenge. God she wanted him to turn it into a challenge, why he was spying on her she had no idea but the fact that he was set her on edge. Lindsey at this worst was dangerous; at his best he was lethal.

Lindsey smirked, his gaze sliding down to Buffy’s lush lips, then back up to her gaze. “Thank you, we are family after all.” He almost laughed at the disappointment in her gaze. As she turned to go he leaned down his lips just grazing her own.

Buffy paused their lips just brushing the others. It was a strange sensation it had been along time since she had been near another master vampire as powerful as herself. There was Angelus but at the moment he was unfortunately weak, and for all his age his visions made him weak unable to wield power on his own. It began to beat around them like butterfly wings their power beyond the physical trying to dominate the other.

Faith pulled herself up onto her knees watching her Sire, and his grandchilde. There was a bond older than her own with Lindsey but something sparked between them and it set her blood boiling. Glancing to the right she saw Gage watching them as well, only his eyes were glued to Buffy. Rage filled Faith as she looked back at them and saw her Sire lean forward what was it about Buffy that made them all want her it was sickening, she thought even as her own gaze returned to the petite blond.

Buffy pulled back slightly her gaze locked with Lindsey’s a soft smile touched her lips. “Nice try.” She whispered and turned to leave.

“I wasn’t even trying you’ll know when I do.” Lindsey’s reply was just as soft yet traveled through the room his voice was a gift his line carried in a select few and like Buffy’s it resonated with power sending shivers over the skin of everyone present.

Buffy didn’t glance back as shivers coursed down her spine she didn’t even pause to close the door in her wake. Making her way to her rooms she headed into check on Angelus. He was lying on the bed and she moved to sit besides him.

“Soon, my love we only have one more thing to get and then everything will be perfect.” Buffy sighed reaching down and brushing her fingers along his forehead leaning down she brushed her lips across his own. The brief contact caused his eyes to flutter open and she gazed down into their dark depths.

“We need mommy to make me all better.” Angelus whispered his voice weak and strained.

“I know and we will have her don’t you worry, my pet it just has to be the right time.” She purred softly lying her head down on his chest.


Willy’s

Dru wasted no time, she knew exactly where to go, and who’s ass to kick to get information. Storming through the door she found her target and once she reached him jerked him up against the bar, it took little effort since she was already pissed that William just left her standing there in that rink so he could take little Dawnie home.

“So nice to see you Dru.” Willy stammered his voice stuttering as he watched her face shift her grip on his shirt tightening.

“I don’t have time to play games, who set the Order of Taraka on the Slayer.” Dru growled out softly.

“The Order of what.” Willy stammered, a slight whimper escaping his lips as one hand curled around his throat.

“You have two seconds to tell me or I will rip out your throat.” Dru applied a little more pressure for once she really wouldn’t hesitate to follow through on her threats.

“You’re not going to?” Willy began but he felt her claws tear into his throat. “You’re Slayer won’t be happy about this.” He managed to croak out.

“Who?” Dru growled her eyes blazing so intent on the man before her she didn’t notice the person entering the bar behind her. One second she was standing there the next her forehead was rebounding off the bar Willy falling out of her grasp.

Whirling around she found herself staring at a young African American youth who send her flying with one punch.

Gunn slammed the butt of the small but efficient crossbow he carried against the vampire’s skull while she was down. Grasping her arms he jerked her up and over his shoulder. Heading toward the back of the bar he pushed through an old bead curtain he wasn’t stupid enough to dust a vampire inside a demon bar. A smile touched his lips as he found what he looking for, not exactly perfect but it would do in a pinch.

Dru came too slowly and her eyes fluttered open to find the boy who knocked her out standing out side the storage area and she heard the distinctive sound of a lock sliding into place.

“You don’t understand.” Dru whispered her head was pounding what ever he had done to her had caused a serious injury that wasn’t going to heal quickly.

“I don’t need to understand anything, around 12:00 the sun will fill this room, and you will have a front row seat.” Gunn smiled. “By that time I will have found your little boyfriend from the rink and sent him to join you.”

Sunnydale High School

“So is this the brand.” Giles asked softly holding his text out to William who nodded. “The Order of Taraka,” Giles murmured softly reading to himself.

“So who the hell are they and what do they want with Will.” Xander asked not caring if he interrupted Giles in the least.

“Actually they are paid assassins it says, they come in three and won’t stop until they have either been killed or have killed their target.” Giles pushed his glasses into place glancing over at his charge.

“They could have been going after Dru.” William replied not liking the idea that there were two more people out their hoping to collect a reward for taking him out.

“No, it was probably that Buffy chick.” Xander offered up as he ate some chips. “Will’s been getting in her way remember at the crypt.” Xander couldn’t help but picturing the blond in his mind she might be dead but she certainly made it look good.

“That’s defiantly a possibility, you do seem to keep crossing paths with that creature.” Giles replied flipping though the pages of the text looking for anything else that could help them.

William thought about it for a moment it didn’t make sense because she could have killed him during their last encounter. Will brought his hand up to his neck he lied to his friends telling that during a random attack by a group of vampires one had gotten in a bite. They all bought it even Giles so he planned on using the same excuse with Dru when he saw her tonight. No he really didn’t think Buffy would hire anyone else to take him out, she would reserve that task for herself.

Back at Willy’s

Willy grabbed one of the towels he used for clean up and wrapped it around Dru.

“Come on, let’s get you out of here.” Willy groaned as he helped her up, god she was heavy for such a frail looking thing.

Getting her into the back he pulled the blanket off and propped her up against the doorway.

“I don’t know how to thank you.” Dru managed, watching as he opened the hatch. She was weak not only from her earlier injuries but the prolonged semi exposure to the sun.

“Don’t thank me.” Willy replied maneuvering her over the entrance to the sewers. Giving her a sharp shove she fell into its depths and he crawled down after her.

Out of the shadows several figures appeared, and he wiped his sweaty palms on his pants. Buffy unlike other demons terrified him not even Dru or the Slayer caused a reaction quite like this. Unlike them she wouldn’t just knock him around a bit until she learned what she wanted. No she would simply cut off a hand or use magic on him till she got what she wanted then if she was feeling merciful she might kill him and end his torment. Since her arrival he hadn’t really been on her good side and now he had a chance to gain a little leeway, and he was willing to sell out the Slayers honey to get it.

“I didn’t believe it when you sent word.” Buffy purred softly staring down at Dru sprawled out on the floor. “I know you said no payment was necessary, but I couldn’t resist.” Buffy nodded to Kendra who opened her coat pulling out an envelope and handing it over to the bartender. “Just a little thank you, you are now under my protection.” Buffy smiled leaning down as she saw Dru’s dark gaze on her.

“Drucilla, my how the mighty have fallen.” Buffy smirked rising to her feet, and turning back the way they had come. “Bring her along,” she called over her shoulder. Kendra and Elise moved forward hefting up the elder vampire and following in their sires wake.

Buffy finished tying Dru up to the bed she sometimes shared with Angelus, she would have rather not but she really couldn’t leave her anywhere else especially with Lindsey around.

“The last ingredient.” Angelus asked softly from the bed his bed...

“Almost, we will have the last ingredient when the moon rises and the witching hour is upon us, but tonight everything will fall into place and you will be well.” Buffy slid into the bed ignoring Dru as her lips brushed Angelus’s.

“I wanna play.” Angelus whispered against her lips his gaze sliding to Dru.

“Really.” Buffy asked softly her gaze falling on Dru, as well.

“Just a bit of fun.” He smiled. “After tonight mommy won’t be able to play, and she has been such a naughty girl she needs to be punished.” Buffy wasn’t happy about it but she wasn’t about to deny him his moment of fun.

“Fine, have your fun I have to make sure everything is in order for tonight but I will be back soon.” Buffy ignored Dru, and kissed him softly then deepened the kiss. Pulling away she ran her fingers through his dark hair and slid of the bed, and left them alone.

Angelus slid off the bed. “You’ve been a very bad girl.” He whispered softly sliding toward his Sire and jerking her head back he ran his tongue along her neck. “It’s time to take your medicine.”

Elsewhere,

William ditched school and headed toward Dru’s. He decided against telling her the lie he told the others he was going to tell her the truth. Walking into Dru’s place he glanced around he didn’t sense her anywhere and if she wasn’t here he had no idea where to find her.

“Dru.” He called out even though he knew she wasn’t there.

“Your little girlfriend isn’t here.” Came a voice from the doorway, and William glanced at the male who came inside. “And its time for you to say goodbye.” Gunn threw the first punch, which was returned with equal force. They threw several more feeling the other out and then both went in for the kill. Gunn believing William was a vampire and William thinking Gunn was one of the two assassins trying to take him out.

“Who are you?” William asked as they danced around one and other looking for a weakness in the others form.

“Gunn the Vampire Slayer.” Gunn growled and went in for the kill only to find himself on the floor the other and smaller man’s knee on his throat.

“You can’t be there is only one Slayer, and as far as I know I am the Slayer.” William ground out as he stared down at the man beneath him senses told him otherwise and he let up on the pressure and stepped back releasing the other man.

Gunn eyed the bleach blond. He had heard stories about the previous Slayer, but he had been expecting someone bigger. William wasn’t tall but he wasn’t short but he also had the punk look going which actually seemed to work for him. Rubbing his throat Gunn got up warily perhaps all those stories were true.

“We should go see your watcher.” Gunn suggested his voice a little horse at first and he couldn’t help wondering exactly what kind of Slayer went around kissing vampires. But then he had heard this Slayer wasn’t exactly like the rest of them.

Gunn had been taken from his family at an early age and began his training. William hadn’t begun his training until he was 15. Gunn was a little pissed because someone who had just a few years training had just bested him he wasn’t used to being second best.

Giles set the phone back down and walked back into the library to find William and Gunn glaring at one and other.

“It seems that Gunn is a Slayer.” Giles began his gaze resting on William who rolled his eyes.

“How can that be one for every generation blah, blah remember?” William and Gunn sat staring at one and other...

“Yeah a slayer can only be called when the other one dies.” Xander supplied then snapped his fingers. “Well you were dead Will.”

“For about 30 seconds.” Will growled already he didn’t like Gunn at all.

“Technically that’s all it would take.” Giles sighed walking over to Will and placing a hand on his shoulder, which was quickly shrugged off. Giles could feel the tension in Will and didn’t like the looks passing between the two Slayers they were likely to kill one other if left alone rather than perform their duty.

“Then someone better start working with Slayer number 2 here because hello I am not a vampire but he attacked me anyway.” Will pointed out raising a brow his voice dripping with disdain.

“How was I supposed to know, I saw you kissing one so I made an assumption sue me.” Gunn growled getting in William’s face.

“Dru’s different she has a soul.” William replied stepping right up Gunn not backing down.

“Your joking right a vampire is a vampire, they don’t have soul’s.” Gunn replied glancing over at Giles.

“Actually Dru does have a soul, and she has been working with us for sometime.” Giles slid of his glasses, it was almost too much two Slayers both young men it was going to get ugly rather quickly he just knew it.

“Oh.” Gunn replied taking a step back from William and glancing out the window. “I didn’t know.” He glanced back toward William. “How was I supposed to know that?” Gunn asked.

“What did you do?” William yelled grabbing Gunn by the shirt.

“I didn’t stake her.” Gunn shoved William off him; “We should, we might be able to make it in time.” Gunn replied trying to judge the position of the sun and the room he had left the vampire in.

“In time for what.” William asked harshly wanting to plant a fist right in Gunn’s face.

Willy’s Bar

They both ran into the back of Willy’s, ignoring the yells from the man himself and found the cage empty.

“You son of a bitch.” William yelled striking out at Gunn and sending the Slayer to his knees.

“Cool it man, there’s no dust.” Gunn yelled glaring up at his fellow slayer shit did he pack a punch. “Look at the door I locked it I made sure she couldn’t get out.”

William stared at the cage and then without glancing back at Gunn headed back into the bar and dragged Willy halfway over the bar.

“Where is she?” William spat out.

Willy wasn’t about to tell the truth, the Slayer would kill him if he found out what he had done to his girlfriend.

“After that psycho over there knocked me out I found her in the back about to burn to a crisp so I help her out and she went down into the sewers, said she was going stay underground to recuperate.”

William let Willy go shoving him back and watched the annoying creep fuss with his shirt. “You really could have just asked you don’t have to manhandle me all the time I am really getting tired of it.” Willy huffed not pressing his luck by complaining any further.

“We should get back to your watcher and see what he would like us to do.” Gunn supplied years of training kicking in, and coming to the forefront.

Spike sighed, running his hand through his hair, this really was turning into a long day and he still had to go back to school for the career fair.

Sunnydale High

Spike trailed along after Giles, and Gunn who seemed to be hitting it off immediately. Willow’s arm brushed his and he glanced over at his friend and gave her a small smile.

“After talking with your watcher, we have decided it would best if you stayed in town until the Buffy, Angelus problem has been solved.”

“Oh, that will be tons of fun.” Will couldn’t stop the sarcastic remark from escaping his lips. He really didn’t like the way Gunn was cozying up to Giles. God he wandered if this is what a Slayer was supposed to act like, checking in with the watcher for orders.

“So Buffy, is trying to restore Angelus.” Gunn asked ignoring Williams running commentary behind him and the watcher.

“Yes.” Giles replied removing his glasses, “I believe that is the dark power you were sent here to warn us about. Angelus is quite mad and there is no telling exactly what he would if he was at full strength.”

“So we stop Buffy?” Gunn replied.

“Great plan lets just stop Buffy I don’t know why we didn’t think of it.” William drawled rolling his eyes. “It’s a little more complicated than that.”

“Yes, you see the Order of Taraka is after William, as well.” Giles replied glancing over at Gunn.

“The assassin’s, I read about them in the writings of Dramius.” Gunn responded with interest after all that studying of journals and texts finally it was going to be useful.

“Really which volume.” Giles couldn’t help but be impressed, he had forgotten after his dealings with William that most potential's received years of training before they were called.
“I think it was six.” Gunn replied glancing around at the students walking around the school’s campus.

“Excuse me hold on one minute how do you know all this watcher stuff.” William asked grabbing Gunn by the arm.

Gunn jerked his arm out of Williams grasp, “It was part of my studies.” Like he didn’t know.

“Obviously you have quite a bit of free time.” Will replied not really liking the fact that the new Slayer knew more than he did.

“No I study because it is required, the Slayer handbook insists upon it, you know that.” Gunn shook his head being the Slayer didn’t necessarily mean you had to have brains.

“There is a slayer handbook.” Willow who had been quiet up until then cut in. A handbook she couldn’t wait to read it.

“There’s a handbook.” William slipped in between his watcher and the other Slayer. “Why don’t I have a handbook?” William asked.

“After meeting you Will, I could see that the handbook would be useless in your case.” Giles replied not really wanting to get into now, but he could see that Will wasn’t going to just let it go. “Gunn perhaps you could show me where you saw that reference to the Order, I never could seem to get through that volume.”

“It was rather dry.” Gunn began but was cut off as William shoved past him.

“Why not.” Will asked planting himself in his watcher’s way.

“This is neither the time nor place.” Giles replied hoping William wouldn’t make a scene.

“Great, why don’t you and your new Slayer go off and read through your Slayer handbook and watcher journals.” William growled as he headed back toward Willow knocking into Giles, and Gunn on his way past without glancing past.

Giles sighed watching William storm past Willow who quickly followed in his wake great, just great. Giles glanced back at Gunn who shrugged at him.

“So William is a student here?” Gunn asked.

Willow hefted her backpack over both arms as she had to practically run after William.

“Will, wait up.” She panted and let out a sigh of relief as he slowed turning back toward her.

“Sorry.” William sighed running a hand through his hair. “They just got to be too much.”

“I know.” Willow smiled, “I know how you feel.” Willow sighed because really did know exactly how he felt left out, like someone else was moving in on his life. It was how she first felt when he and Xander first became friends. They were guys so they did guy things she went along for the ride but after William arrived she sort of felt left out at times. “You know you will always be Giles’s favorite Slayer don’t worry Gunn can’t replace you. You are an original.”

Will glanced over at Willow as they strolled along. “I’m not an original Willow, I am one of many. Perhaps it wouldn’t be so bad being replaced I could simply leave it all in Gunn’s hands and be normal.”

“You’re the Slayer you can never be normal.” Willow replied getting a little worried.

“I could choose not to be the Slayer.” Will replied, “I could stay home some nights and not worry about patrolling because Gunn would be doing it. I could do career day stuff, think about the future.” Will replied meeting Willow’s gaze. “I don’t plan the future Willow because I know exactly what mine is going to be.”

“Now you have options.” Willow replied trying to understand.

“I have options.” William replied meeting Willows gave, “I have a choice.”

“Well then its time to explore those options.” Willow smiled sliding her arm through Williams. “We have the career fair to attend.”

“Not really what I had in mind, but it’s a start.” Will couldn’t help but reply as he allowed Willow to drag him toward the event.

William and Willow glanced around at all the tables set up for the career fair as they made their way through the throng of students.

“My tests say I should look into law enforcement, and environmental design.” Will rolled his eyes. “So much for my potential.”

Willow laughed, “How did you manage to fail a career placement test.” She shook her head next to her William was one of the most gifted students at their school.

“Actually I fell asleep and then woke up with five minutes to spare so I just filled in bubbles randomly.” Will smiled shaking his head. “Though a career in law enforcement wouldn’t be too bad, I already have practice. As for landscaping I kill all my mom’s ferns so that is defiantly out.” Will smiled, and noticed Oz, checking Willow out.

“Don’t freak out or anything, but I think that Oz guy is checking you out.” Will blurted out watching Oz. “Yep he is defiantly checking you out.”

“He can’t be no one thinks of me that way.” Willow sighed.

“Well I doubt he is checking me out.” Will smiled giving Willow a wicked grin, “Looks like he’s on his way over and I have a law enforcement seminar I have to attend or Snider will have my ass. See you later.” Will chuckled as Willow sputtered and looked ready to bolt as he left her standing there, his spot quickly filled by the aspiring rocker.

Will walked over to the law enforcement table looking at a few pamphlets and then the other students gathered around the table.

“All right, when I call your name please answer.” William glanced over at the redheaded policewoman.

“William Summer’s.” She called out holding onto her clipboard.

“Here.” William sighed raising his hand slightly god he felt like he was in class. He just glanced away when from the corner of his eye he saw the policewoman raise her gun and instinct kicked in and he moved forward forcing her arms up, her shot firing at the ceiling.

Students screamed and began panicking as they struggled with one and other. She landed a blow that forced him to let her go, and he dove behind a pillar just as she fired the second shot.

William blocked out the panicked screams of students, as he hid behind the one of the support beams. He might be a Slayer, but that wouldn’t help him to much if someone shot him at point blank range. He could feel her moving closer so he moved from his spot and a bullet whizzed by him he heard the sound of the bullet connecting with flesh and knew one of his fellow students had been shot.

It was time to end this. Just as he made his mind and moved into motion he saw the red-headed woman and her gun was fixed on him, then suddenly a booted foot sent her gun flying and she followed a second after.

Gunn glanced down at the woman, he didn’t know exactly what had been going on but there were students who were shot, and the woman had been wielding the gun. The woman scrambled to her feet pulling out a knife, and then glancing behind him reached out and grabbed a short little dark haired boy in front of her and backed up toward the door. Once she reached the doors she shoved the boy forward and took off.

“What the hell was that about?” Gunn asked, glancing over at William who was heading toward his little friend Willow and a boy with very vivid red head of hair.

“Well talk about that later.” William sighed kneeling down besides Willow who was holding Oz gently.

“He saved me, pushed me out of the way.” Willow whispered softly as the ambulance left with Oz in tow.

“Well that says a lot about him doesn’t it.” William smiled putting an arm around Willow. “We better get inside Giles will want to go over everything in detail. I think that was assassin number two.”

“Great I can’t wait to see what number three is like.” Willow mumbled as they headed inside.
Instinct by Aislynn
Author: Aislynn
Disclaimer: It’s not mine all of it belongs to Joss, and Mutant Enemy. I just fell in love with characters from the very first episode.

Summary: Sorry about the delay in updates I had a little writers block and decided to take some time to figure out where to go with this. Well moving things right along I hope everyone is liking how things are going in the story. There is a character death in this chapter, also get ready for things to heat up between two characters.
Rating: NC-17

End of Chapter 9

“What the hell was that about?” Gunn asked, glancing over at William who was heading toward his little friend Willow and a boy with very vivid red head of hair.

“Well talk about that later.” William sighed kneeling down besides Willow who was holding Oz gently.

“He saved me, pushed me out of the way.” Willow whispered softly as the ambulance left with Oz in tow.

“Well that says a lot about him doesn’t it.” William smiled putting an arm around Willow. “We better get inside Giles will want to go over everything in detail. I think that was assassin number two.”

“Great I can’t wait to see what number three is like.” Willow mumbled as they headed inside.


Chapter 10: Instinct

Sunnydale High Library

William sighed as he placed a Band-Aid on Willow’s knee, she hadn’t come out of the little escapade completely unscathed.

Giving her a gentle smile he leaned against the library’s check out desk, and glanced over at Giles who was once again flipping through books which didn’t seem to have that many answers for them at the moment.

“So number 2, is way gun happy.” He sighed the books hadn’t helped so far and he wanted to get Giles’s head out from between the current ancient tomb he was glued to at the moment. “Makes me wonder exactly what number 3 is packing.”

“I know what you mean.” Gunn responded leaned over the counter propping himself up against it. He had been thinking the same thing. “I really didn’t expect supernatural assassins to use guns, it just seems wrong.”

“Well we are human, we might be sturdier, and stronger but were still mortal.” William responded their gazes meeting for a moment. “Fastest means to an end, I did however expect a skilled assassin to be smarter than to try to take me out in the middle of a school job fair.”

“Fastest means, to an end,” Giles responded his attention leaving his books to focus on his slayer. “When else or for that matter where else would you feel that safe its not the usual place for your enemies to confront you.”

“Except for Buffy,” Willow responded glancing up at the men around her.

The doors to the library swung open revealing Xander and Cordelia. Williams gaze fell on Cordelia because first she was with Xander willingly it seemed, and second she wasn’t looking her very best.

“Their friends,” William informed Gunn as he saw the other Slayer start toward them.

“So who sponsored career day today the British Soccer Fan Association.” Xander’s humor as always was a little off and Giles rolled his eyes.

“We had a rather violent visit from the order this afternoon.” Giles headed toward the texts he had laid out on the library table.

“Speaking of the order we met up with the king freak of the order.” Xander replied his gaze narrowing on the newcomer who’s gaze followed Cordelia as she passed by them shivering slightly as she headed toward the tables. After their little encounter not to long ago in the basement he was feeling a little protective.

“And who are we?” Xander asked, raising a brow.

“That is Gunn, he’s a Slayer.” Will responded as he passed by Xander heading toward the tables.

“Really, I knew all that I am the only one stuff was just a crock of.” Xander began but was abruptly cut off.

“What exactly was the assassin you encountered like?” Giles asked, focused on what was at hand not the latest ramblings of Xander. Just as he asked Cordelia began freaking out tearing at her hair, and centipede fell onto the book she had been looking at.

“Uh, Uh I am going to shower.” Cordy cried as she fled the room.

“Just like that,” Xander pointed at the bug.

“You and bug people Xander.” Will shook his head glancing up at his friend remembering their preying mantis teacher.

“This was nothing like her, this was a man made up of bugs, thank you very much.” Xander pointed out slamming the book closed feeling a definite sliver of satisfaction course through him at the action.

“Well the important thing is that everyone is okay, it seems the Order has been sent to keep Will busy while Buffy finds the cure for Angelus. I’ve uncovered a few things about the ritual it seems that the Sire of the afflicted vampire is needed to complete the ritual.” Giles began.

Will glanced up at Giles words. “You mean the vampire who sired him.”

“Yes, exactly,” Giles responded glancing over at Will noting how tense he was at the moment. “What is it?” He asked softly.

“Angelus’s sire, the vampire that made him is Dru.” Will confessed his gaze focused upon his Watcher.

“Man that girl got around.” Xander let the quip slip regretting it instantly.

“We have to save Dru.” Will ignored Xander the constant barbs at Dru were nothing new.

“Drucilla, that’s who you’re talking about right?” Gunn asked, glancing around seeing he was right on target. “You have to be joking we stake the bitch and make sure that this Buffy can’t use her in the ritual.”

Will stood up so abruptly the chair he was sitting in sailed backwards and closed the gap between him and Gunn.

“Dru works with us she is one of us, do you understand me.” Will growled.

Gunn had to fight the urge to strike out at the other Slayer who was defiantly getting in his face. Something was going on with this Dru, he had seen them together earlier, what ever the relationship these two had wasn’t going to stop him from doing his job.

“I understand.” Gunn growled between his teeth. “Back off.”

Will stepped back their gazes clashing before he turned away.

“I need to find Dru, get her somewhere safe.” Will headed for the door and realized Gunn was right behind him.

“You don’t have to come.” Will tossed over his shoulder as he continued out the door.


“Yeah I do.” Gunn responded, because if the other Slayer wasn’t willing to do what needed to be done then he was going to have to step in.

Buffy pushed open the door leading into Angelus’s room and the she couldn’t help the growl that escaped her lips as she took in the sight before her and Angelus’s idea of playing. His hands were gripping Dru’s slender hips he had her bent forward slightly her arms tied to the bed posts as his hips thrust himself between the souled vampire’s buttocks. Tears were streaked down Dru’s face, and Buffy knew she wasn’t enjoying the rough ride and if her bruised and battered body was any indication this hadn’t been the only rough ride of the night.

“Enough.” Buffy shoved Angelus off Dru sending him tumbling to the floor his face shifted for a moment and he actually growled at her as he did up his pants. Severing Dru’s bindings she jerked her to her feet by her hair glaring at Angelus.

“You said I could play.” He smiled, as he pulled on his shirt.

“I thought you were too weak for such play.” Buffy responded holding Dru up.

“Mommy needed to be punished for being such a bad girl.” Angelus responded a cruel smile touched his lips. “I didn’t scold you when you played with your Spike. I am sick not stupid I could smell him on you.”

Buffy glared at Angelus and his use of her pet name for the Slayer, she didn’t think he was aware enough during the past few weeks to pick up on anything.

“We need to get going, to start the ritual.” Buffy sighed. “We will talk about this when you are better.”


Will had a serious urge to knock Willy’s teeth out as the man confessed that he had turned Dru over to Buffy.

“We should get your watcher.” Gunn cut in as Will began to drag Willy out of the bar.

“There isn’t time, Dru could be dead by then.”

“News flash she is already dead, and if you go in there half-cocked your dead too.” Gunn moved forward.

“Do what you have too I am going to get Dru.” Will ignored the other Slayers warning and led Willy out of the bar.

“Fine,” Gunn glared at the door for a moment then headed toward the door. What ever was between Dru and Will was the other Slayers business, Gunn had a job to do and he headed to find the Watcher.

“Never say your friend Willy never did you a favor.” Willy smiled to himself as they headed down the corridor he knew what was waiting for them around the corner.

Will felt them before they turned the corner as the took hold of him he didn’t fight because he wanted them to take him, because they would take him right to Buffy.

Elagor, I name thee bringer of war, poisons, pariahs, and grand obscenities.” Buffy lifted the elaborate cross that held the knife that held the power to restore Angelus to his glory. The church was being remodeled but was perfect for their purpose.

“Elagor, wretched master of decay bring your black medicine and restore your most imperious, murderous child.” Making her way toward the embracing couple she held the Dulac cross and slid the blade from its depths, and had to temper her hatred of Dru. In truth she would rather sink the knife into her heart but the ritual was very specific, and in the end Dru would be dead regardless.

“From the blood of the sire he is risen.” Glancing at Angelus he was fading fast already his body might be too weak to survive the rest of the ritual. Without thought she plunged the knife between their entwined hands. A smile touched her lips at Dru’s cry of pain as the spark began to flow between them, and Angelus began to siphon Dru’s strength. In just the first few moments yet she could already see him becoming stronger, and all the fears that he wouldn’t make it were extinguished.

“From the blood of the sire he is reborn.” With the final words of the spell released power surged between their bodies and energy crackled to life between them. Soon things would be perfect just as they should be.

Perfect lasted all of a 10 seconds as the doors leading into the church opened and Willy walked in. Buffy growled softly when she saw exactly who Willy had in tow the Slayer.

Spike’s gaze flew to Dru and the sight of her so crudely connected to a dark haired vampire he had yet to run into, which meant it must be Angelus. Then his gaze settled on Buffy, her eyes were burning and looked like liquid emeralds. Power crackled around her and swirled within the depths of those eyes.

“Protect them.” Buffy growled at Kendra and Elise her gaze fixed on the Slayer her eyes blazing. “This won’t take long.” Buffy vaulted over the dais on the raised platform her gaze fixed on the Slayer stopping as she reached Willy.

“Are you a complete idiot why did you bring him here?” Buffy’s eyes focused on Willy.

Willy stumbled back a step right into the Slayer, as he stammered out an answer. “The bounty it said dead or alive, you never said where and when you wanted him delivered.”

“It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that I might not want the Slayer mucking up the ritual.” Buffy growled grabbing the sniveling fool by the front of his shirt, and shoving him out of the way, her attention focusing on the Slayer.

William tried not to respond as Buffy’s eyes met his own, he almost succeeded but not quite. She truly was a sight, and even when she was terrifying she was beautiful.

A smirk touched her lips and she walked around him as he was forced to remain still due to the two vampires flanking him. Spike felt her presence close him before she pressed against his back.

Buffy moved behind the slayer her gaze falling on the turtleneck he wore covering her mark. Instinct made her run her tongue along his neck, a soft purr escaping her lips at the tremor that went through his body not to mention his amazing scent and taste.

Buffy sighed moving up against his back her hands sliding across his hips. “A pretty sight isn’t it?” Buffy asked softly. “Don’t be angry Spike.” Buffy smiled using her pet name for him. “Dru is only making Angelus better she owes it to him, she made him the way he is its only fitting she save him from wasting away.”

“Really,” William asked softly, very aware of the woman pressed against his back, and of the woman before him who needed him to save her. “What happens when Angelus is all better, he won’t need you to take care of him anymore, then where will that leave you?”

William cursed softly as he was forced down to his knees her fingers sliding into his hair and jerking his head back.

“My Angelus will always need me.” Buffy growled softly the words flaring up old insecurities she possessed regarding Dru, and Angelus.

Spike was prepared for the blow and he managed to bring his hands up to block it and twist himself away from her grasp. Only to find himself at the receiving end of a blow that sent him flying. He glanced up just as Buffy gripped him by the throat jerking him upright lifting him slightly off the floor.

Buffy barely got hold of the slayer when something or rather someone swept her feet out from under her. She went down but only for a second and came up meeting the gaze of a young African American man, who she instantly recognized as a Slayer. He was accompanied by Spike’s usually annoying little pack of friends.

“Ah, the Calvary,” she purred softly meeting the gaze of the new Slayer in front of her. “I really don’t have time to get to know another Slayer, and I don’t really want to.” Buffy smiled, and struck out at the slayer forcing him back giving her some room because she could feel her slayer getting to his feet.

“Two for the price of one,” Gunn smirked, this little girl was the one giving them so much trouble it would only take him a minute and this would all be done.

“Gunn!” William warned as he watched the other Slayer move in because Buffy had been anticipating it and she moved into the fight blocking every blow. William moved forward because he knew she was just waiting for the right moment when she could with one shot take Gunn out.

Buffy was tired of this one already everything was text book so boring. Then of course she could feel Spike advancing entering the fight.

In the middle of the two Slayer’s Buffy easily fought them both off, she was tired of waiting so she took a shot at the new Slayer and sent him flying and leaving her free to turn all her attention onto Spike.

Giles managed to dispatch the vampire he engaged upon entering the room in time to see William fighting a vampire. It was sight to see his Slayer in action but never had he seen his Slayer move quite like this. It was as if they were made to fight one another. The vampire was a surprise she was scrap of a girl after seeing William after their scrapes he was expecting someone bigger. Yet as he watched her move he knew looks could be deceiving, she moved like quicksilver.

“This is always fun Slayer, but its time to end this.” Buffy purred as she advanced on the Slayer, a blow to her back sent her to her knees.

“Forget about me.” Gunn growled swinging the two-by-four he picked up after he managed to get to his feet, again. The girl really packed a punch, he wasn’t about to give her a chance at a second shot. “Go get your girl.” Gunn managed to jump back as her booted foot grazed his midsection. Gunn swallowed his fear as she looked back toward him, great he had pissed her off.

William headed toward the dais and found his way blocked by two vampires ready to fight. He really was tired of fighting girls; every time he did he could here his mom telling him that boys didn’t hit girls. They were good and he was worn down, one punched him in the face while the other kicked him in the stomach he heard them hiss and glanced up to see the blond clutching her face and the other girl backing up from Giles who held a vial of holy water and cross.

Jumping up onto the dais he jerked the knife out and winced as Dru screamed, and he caught her in his arms.

“Buffy.” Angelus moaned, as Spike carried Dru to safety.

Buffy growled at the pitiful cry, and struck out at the Slayer with all her strength sending him crashing into an alcove. While Spike was busy with Dru she jumped easily onto the dais and lifted Angelus into her arms.

“I’ve got you.” Buffy whispered easily lifting Angelus into her arms.

The church was in complete chaos, there were several fights going on, some who part of the building had caught alight and the fire was spreading rapidly. Kendra & Elise were fighting the watcher and the new Slayer. Holding Angelus close she saw a path past the organ that would lead them to safety. Once she got Angelus outside she would come back and get the rest of her people.

Spike reached Willow just as he saw Buffy carrying the love of her undead life.

“Help her outside.” Spike yelled at Willow handing off Dru, and without thinking he picked up the closest thing and with an expert and swung it over his head and then launched it at the couple. Buffy lost her balance and the couple crashed into the organ, and perhaps due to the renovations or the age of the building, or even the fire it sent the entire wall crashing down upon them.

“We have to get out of here.” Giles yelled stepping back from the vampires he was currently fighting and loosing for their attention was on the pile of rubble.

Spike stood staring at the pile, he had done it finally he had taken Buffy out. So why didn’t he feel overjoyed, he should have been ecstatic he actually felt nothing, empty. Instead he stood there staring as the two vampires began to claw at the burning wreck frantically.

“Let’s Go.” Gunn grabbed his arm as he passed by yanking him along. As soon as they were outside Willow deposited Dru in his arms. Pulling her close he stared at the building as the fire spread.


It had taken time, but he managed to track them here, not even his Sire knew were they were conducting the ritual. Misha motioned toward his crew and without words they knew what he wanted and they moved toward the burning building. The slayer and his crew had come out; he had not felt the death of one of his line so that meant that Angelus and Buffy must still be inside.

The building was engulfed in flames; they only managed to pinpoint their brethren because of the wailing duo clawing at the mound. It was an impressive sight and a testament to their loyalty to their mistress that they hadn’t fled to save themselves.

Misha moved forward they didn’t have time and they would need everyone’s help to get her out in time. As they clawed at the debris they uncovered Angelus and he almost ordered his men to leave him to the fire. Misha moved past his minions most of them had been with him since his humans days, he had turned those loyal to him. Reaching down he scooped up the petite blond he could tell her injuries were severe.

Misha glanced down at the girl cradled in his arms, as the building behind them crumbled into itself. The sound of sirens could be heard, but by the time they arrived they would be long gone. Misha glanced over to see Sonja carrying Angelus effortlessly if Angelus gave them trouble he would stake him before Buffy woke and simply tell her he died in the fire.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=9491