Wishes Are Not What They Seem by Aislynn
Summary: I have read several variations on The Wish, and this story veers off from this episode, and Cordelia’s wish that Buffy never came to Sunnydale. Includes all characters from Angel, and Buffy. In the end, this will be a Spuffy pairing but it will take some time. I am creating a whole new vision, and this will probably become a long series. Let me know what you think.
Categories: General NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action, Horror, Angst
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 21833 Read: 10847 Published: 03/18/2005 Updated: 04/17/2005

1. Prologue by Aislynn

2. And so it begins by Aislynn

3. Chapter 3 by Aislynn

4. Expectations by Aislynn

5. Moving On by Aislynn

6. Surfacing by Aislynn

7. Growing Up by Aislynn

Prologue by Aislynn
Author: Aislynn
Disclaimer: It’s not mine all of it belongs to Joss, and Mutant Enemy. I just fell in love with characters from the very first episode.

Summary: Since the show ended I have been watching Angel, and going through Buffy withdraws, I really miss it when Tuesday rolls around. I have read several variations on The Wish, and this story veers off from this episode, and Cordilla’s wish that Buffy never came to Sunnydale. Includes all characters from Angel, and Buffy. In the end, this will be a Spuffy pairing but it will take some time. I am creating a whole new vision, and this will probably become a long series. Let me know what you think.
Rating: NC-17

The Wish

Cordelia Chase turned toward Anya, as wish forming on her lips, “I wish Buffy Summer’s never came to Sunnydale.”

Anya smiled, finally after days of listening to this sniveling although jilted human, she finally voiced a wish. Without a second thought Anya turned to Cordelia revealing her true face, “Granted!”

As she had done countless times before, a human’s wish was granted. Once second all was right in the world, the next the fabric of time began to rework itself to fulfill the thoughtless wish.


Prologue

It was funny how things worked out, one day he had nothing and now he had found the key to his salvation. Clarence was nothing special even he knew enough to admit that, a demon/human crossbreed living on the fringes with one foot in the gutter. Then he saw someone or rather he recognized someone who had once tried to save him, get him to fight the good fight. Since there was nothing but heartache, and pain fighting the good fight, he flipped and decided to work for the other side, which was exactly how he found himself indebted body and soul to Wolfram & Hart.

Wolfram & Hart was one of the biggest law firms in LA, and it catered to a special clientele, quite simply it was evil, quite deliciously so. When Clarence found himself on the wrong side of the law, a lawyer had shown up and made him an offer he really couldn’t refuse. Once he had been on of their best contractors, but time, and hard living had slipped up his game, and after several failed jobs the firm was ready to collect on their agreement.

Then he saw him, the agent of the powers that be, Whistler. Once again he was trying to save some poor schmuck. This time it was a vampire, who was crawling around in the gutters feeding off vermin. Even at his lowest Clarence had never sunk quite that low, nor did he plan to. On a whim he followed Whistler as he took the vampire on a little ride. They had unwittingly led him right to his salvation, his second chance, not that he had known it at first.

A smile touched his lips as he watched the little precious slayer-in-waiting as she sat on the steps in front of her school, sucking on of all things a lollypop, so innocent and ripe for the picking. For once he had done something right, the firm was going to have to put him back on the payroll and pay him a pretty penny for finding the one thing they had so far been unable to attain, a Slayer of their very own.

The Watcher’s Council normally knew exactly where each slayer-to-be was and they normally began training even if they had yet to be called. Somehow, they lost track of this little slayer, and this little girl was the next to be called. That was the flaw in the system, the loop whole that was finally going to get Wolfram and Hart their own Slayer. There was no way of telling which of the slayers-to-be would be called next.

Or rather there hadn’t been until just a few hours ago. After following Whistler, Clarence decided to visit an old friend since he was in the neighborhood.

Tic was a clairvoyant and after they went out and had quite a few drinks his old friend was hit with a vision that led him right to this little treasure, the next slayer.

In just 24 hours she would be activated, and if things all worked out Wolfram & Hart would have a slayer of its very own.

Taking his cell phone out of his pocket he placed a call.

One simple call and the chain reaction would change fabric of time, and reality began to reform itself because of a single wish spoken by a spoiled heartbroken teenager.
And so it begins by Aislynn
Author: Aislynn
Disclaimer: It’s not mine all of it belongs to Joss, and Mutant Enemy. I just fell in love with characters from the very first episode.

Summary: Since the show ended I have been watching Angel, and going through Buffy withdraws, I really miss it when Tuesday rolls around. I have read several variations on The Wish, and this story veers off from this episode, and Cordilla’s wish that Buffy never came to Sunnydale. Includes all characters from Angel, and Buffy. In the end, this will be a Spuffy pairing but it will take some time. I am creating a whole new vision, and this will probably become a long series. Let me know what you think.

Rating: NC-17


And So It Begins

Angel couldn’t look away as he watched the young beauty. Soon she would be the Slayer, the chosen one, destined to fight against the powers of darkness. There was something about her that captured him, and it wasn’t just her golden beauty. Just beneath the surface there was a glimmer of the woman she would become, the girl’s potential was limitless.

“So what do you think?” Whistler asked knowing the answer even before he posed the question. It was within Angel’s eyes the hunger to belong to something to be with someone, to love and beloved by someone. “Sunnydale or back to the sewers?”

“Sunnydale,” Angel answered softly without thinking his gaze never once wavering as the golden beauty rose leaving with a group of giggling girls. Only once she was out of sight did he turn back to see Whistler give him a crooked smile. “We had best be on our way then.”

Without a second thought Angel left everything behind without looking back, soon she would arrive in Sunnydale, and somehow he would help her survive. That evening for the first time in years he began to sketch as hope began to blossom in his heart. Once again he had a purpose, something to fight for a reason for being.


LA, California
Wolfram & Hart

Lindsey glanced up as Lilah Morgan, sauntered into his office, as always uninvited. To say they were competitive was to put it mildly. They were both on the firm’s fast track to the top, and were more than willing to stab the other in the back to get there. In fact, Lindsey wounds were still raw from her last underhanded tactic to gain favor with the senior partners.

“So did you hear about my promotion to junior partner.” Lilah smiled, hoping to see Lindsey squirm. Lindsey McDonald, and she were both recruited at the same time, yet so far Lindsey had risen up the corporate ladder faster, and his star seemed brighter.

Deciding she had nothing to loose Lilah started playing dirty. The senior partners took notice so the games began and they were pitted against one and other constantly.

For once she was on top, and it was her that the senior partners chose to promote. Lilah knew it was the lengths she was willing to go to satisfy their customers, and to see the senior partners wishes fulfilled. For once she managed to achieve something before, Lindsey had and it felt wonderful.

Lilah wasn’t stupid, far from it and she knew Lindsey was up to something; he had taken her last blow far to well. So far there were no signs of retaliation in the near future, which was so completely unlike him. They had a wicked relationship; the most twisted thing was she actually liked Lindsey he kept her sharp, and at the top of her game.

“I heard.” Lindsey smiled gathering his things and preparing to leave, not playing her game. It was what she wanted, and today he really didn’t have time to play. If the plan he already set in motion played out as expected in the next few hours, his position at the firm would be secure, and Lilah’s little promotion would be insignificant by comparison. “Congratulations by the way.” Lindsey smirked as he sailed out of his office to rendezvous with the special team he had deployed earlier that day.

They went in that night since the council’s representative would be arriving the next day so there was no time to loose. The team slipped in with out alerting anyone in the neighborhood, subduing the entire family within minutes, without waking a single one. Once the all-clear signal was given Lindsey, and a few non-tactical members of his team entered the Summers residence.

“I want exactly what we spoke about, implant the fights the disruptive behavior they are to think that she ran away, also include the desire to move away from here, somewhere quiet possibly near the beach.” Lindsey instructed the two warlocks as they walked down the hallway toward the various bedrooms. He glanced back at the witch who was following him. “You are with me.”

Lindsey could have killed them, they were a liability, but there was always the possibility that he might need them sometime in the future. It was in his nature to always have a contingency plan, and the senior partner’s agreed with him, and suggested the augmented memories. It was just one of things his firm was able to execute with the resources available to them.

Lindsey walked into Buffy Summers room, motioning for one of the members of his team to leave the room. Her back was to him so he walked around the room taking in the surroundings. It looked like any other self-involved teenager’s room. A pair of pom-poms lay discarded on a chair in the corner of the room, along with a cheerleading uniform. He stopped at the dresser looking at the few knickknacks and pictures haphazardly arranged. There were posters of the latest teen heartthrobs on the walls. All in all it looked like any other spoiled teenagers room. Yet lying so blissfully unaware in the safety of slumber lay a weapon.

If things worked out as planned the council would believe the slayer was killed, for another would be called. With a simple spell they would stop her heart for a minute then revive her. They were not sure it would work, but the mystics at the firm were almost positive this would activate the next slayer. Memories would be altered and the young girl in question would believe her parents died, it was better that way if they made her believe she was adopted she might go looking for her parents. This would be a clean break for her; the witch would implant some nice memories about a nice foster family who were unfortunately killed, leaving her under the guardianship of Wolfram and Hart.

Moving to the bed Lindsey’s gaze finally fell on Buffy Summers. Personally he preferred Elizabeth, to Buffy. Though looking at her the name suited the girl she was a vapid cheerleader. Elizabeth would be the girl she would become. At 16 she was beautiful, that was undeniable. With dark blond hair with honey streaks, a very nice figure, and her features she would peak any teenage boys interest. There was innocence to her beauty. Buffy Summers was the type of girl he wanted to date in high school, but was never part of that elite group. Reaching out he pushed back a stray lock of hair pushing it behind her ear his fingertips gently brushed against the silky softness of her skin. Buffy possessed the type of beauty that would only ripen with age.

Looking up he saw the witch standing there with her blond hair tied back in a ponytail. Rather plain looking, yet still she was one of the best the firm had to offer and Lindsey had utilized her talents in the past with complete success.

“Begin.” Lindsey moved to the doorway, and watched as the witch began to work her magic. A genuine smile touched his lips as he thought of the announcement that would be made in the morning, and he couldn’t wait to see the look on Lilah’s face. God how he hated that bitch and her constant games.


Sunnydale, California

Rupert Giles smiled as his charge came into the library ready to train. Kendra had arrived a few weeks after his original charge did not arrive. Giles smile faded as he thought of the lost slayer. Only having come into her power for one day she had disappeared and other slayer had been called that same day. It was a tragedy even for a slayer most of whom never saw their 18th birthday. The loss of the slayer so quickly reminded him to keep his distance, that to invest any deep ties to his charge would only result in heartache.

“I am ready sir.” Kendra’s softly accented voice brought him back to attention. Kendra was an excellent slayer her technique was flawless, and her desire to learn was enormous. At first she had been so terribly shy, but Willow Rosenberg and Alexander Harris befriended her, and she just seemed to blossom.

“Lets begin with a light workout, then we will move into some swordplay.” Giles began. Watching her move through the workout Giles watched carefully for any mistake, when he saw one he pointed it out and they began again. Kendra did everything exactly how he wished it to be done.

Their session ended just before sunset, “Ready to patrol?” Giles asked knowing the answer before he even posed the question.

“Of course Sir.”

Angel watched the current Slayer as she fought two vampires at once two of the Master’s minions. He had tried to warn her of the harvest but she tried to stake him instead, not bothering to listen intent on doing her duty. So he went to the Watcher giving him the warning.

Kendra did everything right, and at the same time she did everything wrong. The technique was there but it lacked something.

Angel followed Kendra throughout the night and finally once she was safe back at Giles’s residence he returned home. Tossing his leather coat on a chair he moved to the fridge to get some blood. On his way something caught his eye, and he leaned down finding himself staring at another Slayer, the one who never arrived.

When he came to Sunnydale it was with thoughts of this beauty driving him to fight the good fight. When another arrived in his place Angel had felt a deep sense of loss, even though they had never met, he mourned the thought of what could have been. He would never see her green eyes sparkling or see her in all her glory as a slayer, because she was dead.
Chapter 3 by Aislynn
Author: Aislynn
Disclaimer: It’s not mine all of it belongs to Joss, and Mutant Enemy. I just fell in love with characters from the very first episode.

Summary: Well sorry for the delay in updates. But chapters are coming, and new characters and old characters will be introduced, and will be seen in the next few chapters. Again this will eventually be a Spuffy story but not just yet. For those of you who have reviewed, thanks.
Rating: NC-17


Chapter 3

Giles wasn’t sure what to do with himself, disaster had been avoided but not without cost, and the cost had been dear. Another slayer laid to rest. They thwarted the Masters Harvest, but they lost Kendra in the process. Dying beneath the city in the sewer was no way for a slayer to die. What came after was what gave him nightmares.

They were able to stop the Master with Angel’s help, though they all walked away battered and bruised. The horror of what lay within the hell-mouth is not what haunted his dreams. What he with Angel’s assistance had to do to Kendra to ensure that she not rise again, is what played out each night he went to sleep. Everyday for months he spent hours going over fighting techniques and ancient texts preparing his Slayer to survive, and he failed. In the end, she died alone.

Angel, once he thought him not to be trusted, yet he found himself relying on the ever-mysterious vampire, again and again. They shared a common goal, though Angel was seeking redemption for his past. Thoughts plagued him during his waking hours, as well. Perhaps if he had gotten closer to the girl he could have given her purpose that something extra to fight for when things looked impossible.

“You can’t blame yourself Rupert.” Angel’s voice came out of the darkness. It had been 2 weeks to the day since they laid the Slayer to rest. Another one was already on her way to the Hell mouth. Once when he was a vampire he feared Slayer’s now he pitied them. They never really got to live; yet they fought so others could.

“Yes I can, I was her watcher it was my job to see to my duty, I could have done more.” Giles replied his voice scratchy.

“She wouldn’t let you.” Angel moved forward toward Giles who he considered a friend he didn’t touch him just sat across from him. It was the truth he tried they all tried but Kendra was who she was trained to be. “Kendra was set in her ways long before she became your charge, she chose her path.”

Angel sighed he knew Giles was suffering yet all he could do was be there for him, in his time of need. “There was nothing you could have done, it was her time.”

Kendra’s death touched Angel though they hadn’t gotten along he still cared. Kendra represented the Slayer he hadn’t been able to save, just as he hadn’t saved this one. Another was coming, with her he would move on not dwell on a girl he never really knew she was a fantasy, and he was living in reality.


La, California

“You can’t be serious, you can’t expose her to these creatures.” Helene spit out as she stood in Lindsey’s office occupied by two men she knew to be half-demons and assassins, among other things.

Helene couldn’t stop the words from pouring from her lips, in the past year she had begun to truly care for Elizabeth, and forgot to school herself when in Lindsey’s presence. The sight of the Derek, and Alec lounging about nursing drinks, was shocking. Their bios spoke for themselves they were cold-blooded killers to them it didn’t matter what side they fought for, as long as they received their paycheck.

Lindsey then began to drone on and Helene learned the true purpose of the two half demons as Lindsey began to outline Elizabeth’s new training plan. It was so wrong to deceive the girl in such a manner, and to allow these men near her charge. They were to be introduced to Elizabeth as if they were recruited to be part of the team.

In reality they would be testing her, and revising her training plans to adjust for any weaknesses, they would also accompany Elizabeth on her patrols. God they were going to have her start patrolling in LA. It was far too much far to fast.

“You can either be part of the team, or not.” Lindsey replied, “Either way it will happen, you can either leave or be there for Elizabeth if she needs you.” Lindsey knew it was cruel to threaten Helene in such a manner, but after her little stunt with the senior partners he no longer saw her motherly instincts as an asset they were getting in the way of his plan, and his future. His patience with the woman was wearing thin.

“If it is to much for her, promise that we will slow down.” Helene tried one last ditch effort to maintain control over her charge, but then she had never really been in control had she, it was an illusion.

“We promise that we won’t push her to far too fast, that would defeat the purpose now wouldn’t it.” Alec smiled rising. Alec saw the woman for what she was a human with abilities. There was caring in her eyes when she spoke of Elizabeth, which could complicate things but it was also a weakness. Weakness of any kind could be exploited.

They were wolf in sheep’s clothing, Helene thought as he moved closer. The blond one was the type every girl found attractive, but the dark haired one with blue eyes was the type every girl fell for, it was easy to see why these two creatures did so well in their profession, they looked like all-American boys. Lindsey was stupid if he thought he could control these men.

As they left Wolfram & Hart Derek, glanced back at the building. “I can’t believe that we are going to be teachers.”

“Not really a role I ever expected to fill, I have been many things but never did I imagine we would be doing a job like this,” Alec smiled sliding into his waiting black SUV.

“So where shall we begin.” Derek asked shutting the passenger door.

“I think we will start with the basics she’s good so much raw talent, but she could be amazing.” Alec pulled into traffic.

“Amazing?” Derek smiled. “With our help she is going to become unstoppable. What do you think of Lindsey?”

“I think he has no idea of what he is unleashing.” Alec couldn’t believe the opportunity that fell into their laps. Lindsey may have his own plans, but he was so smug to think that others in the firm didn’t have their own agenda’s or that the two men he hired to be her teachers might have their own, as well. After all the time he had spent working within Wolfram & Hart you would think Lindsey would have learned, to trust no one and that in the end you could trust that the senior partners would ensure that their agenda was fulfilled.


Sunnydale, California

“That was actually quite good Faith.” Giles smiled at his newest charge as she began her cool down exercises. Faith arrived two months ago, and was the complete opposite of Kendra. Anything but traditional Faith defiantly marched to her own drummer, but she was coming along nicely.

“Still leaving your guard down on your left side.” Angel replied, his eyes traveled down the length of her body. There was something about Faith that screamed look at me, and of course most men dead or alive looked. Ever move was sensual in fact she screamed sex.

“So will you be joining me for another night of slayage or do you have other plans?” Faith asked, god she hoped he would patrol with her. Not that she needed the back up, but Angel even though he was a vampire was hot. So far he had resisted all her best come-ons but every now and then she caught him looking.

Angel tugged his shirt on over the tank top he had worn during their sparing session. “I will meet you at the bronze.”

Faith couldn’t stop the smile that touched her lips; “I am going to clean up Giles, see you later.” Heading out of the library and into her school. It was amazing she actually attended school. Upon arriving in Sunnydale she had been shocked when Giles welcomed her with open arms, and insisted that she stay with him. The other watchers she had spent time with were so cold, and distant.

Giles really made the effort to make her feel welcome for the first time in her life, and she

Giles insisted that she attend school, it had been a priority. Then he had introduced her to the Scoobies, Kendra’s old friends. It had been awkward at first, but then they just seemed to click.

Things were going good she was actually passing all her classes, and for the first time in her life she was feeling like she belonged.

The Bronze

Faith returned blow for blow with a vamp outside the bronze. There was nothing else to do there was nothing handy to make into a stake so she was keeping it occupied until Xander returned with her stake. It had been stupid not to have it on her person, she was better than that.

“Faith.” Xander’s familiar and timely voice came from behind her, so turned and kicked out sending the vamp flying into a wall. It took only a second for her to reach out and catch the stake that he had tossed. The vamp tried to fight.

“Spike I could use a little help.” The vamp growled, but seconds later he exploded into a cloud of dust.

“Who’s Spike?” Willow, asked rising from the spot she had been thrown.

A soft clapping came from the darkness of the alley, and a man appeared. Rather a vampire appeared from the shadows. Faith actually had never seen anyone quite so riveting.

“Nice job, luv.” A smirk appeared on his lips that sent a shiver down Faith’s spine.


LA, California


“Its about time.” Alec smiled as Elizabeth sailed through the air, taking out Derek. She couldn’t hear it of course, and when they went over the video of the fight he would point out the mistakes she made, there was always room for improvement, yet it was getting harder and harder everyday to find those little mistakes.

From renowned assassin, to teacher he hadn’t thought the shift in vocations would suit him, but it did. Elizabeth was a trying student for anyone and she frustrated him and Derek to no end. Watching the fight he knew that Derek hadn’t held back as he often did she had won fair and square.

Their patrols were coming along nicely, her abilities were exceptional and she was improving faster than they had planned. Already she mastered the elementary level magic’s, her body was in perfect condition, and her fighting instincts were razor sharp. The only area they were still struggling with was with modern weapons. Elizabeth learned how to use them, was an excellent shot but when push came to shove she tended to not use them. She was a hands-on person, she could kill a demon in hand-to-hand but to shoot him from a distance just didn’t register in her mind, no matter how many times they went over it.

Sliding out of his chair Alec walked into the training room. “So are you ready for tonight’s patrol.” He asked glancing over at Derek who was favoring his left side.

“I sure am.” Elizabeth smiled picking up her towel and wiping her face off. “Are you alright?” Elizabeth frowned she had felt the change in Derek’s fighting technique toward the end of their session and had compensated by taking it down a notch. Worried that she had hurt him she moved toward Derek.

“Why don’t you go clean up and we’ll go for a bite to eat before we head out.” Alec smiled, stepping between her and Derek. Derek was hurt and his instinct would be to protect himself, and at the moment Elizabeth was not a friend but a threat.

Once Elizabeth slipped out the door Alec reached for Derek. “She really kicked your ass.” It was the plain truth, and the skill she had used usually came from years of training not in a little over 12 months.

“I am man enough to admit, that she really did.” Derek smiled tightly tilting his head back as his body began the painful process of repairing itself. “You don’t mind if I skip tonight’s patrol do you?” Derek hissed as Alec helped him up.

“I think I can let it slide.” Alec smirked as he helped Derek to his room. Elizabeth was turning into quite the little weapon, one that in the end Lindsey would never be able to control.

Sunnydale, CA

Faith glanced over her shoulder as she felt it that sense of unease that something was going to happen. This feeling always proceeded some pivotal change in her life, usually not for the better. Things were going to good, she had friends and a life. The kind of life she dreamed about but never thought she deserved. All her life she had been considered trash, then she found out she was a slayer, and the council took her in. At first she felt so lost then she came to Sunnydale and everything fell into place but sometimes she felt like she was living someone else’s life.

Moving into the corridor she made her way to Angel’s, to meet up before they went out on patrol. Once again she would be patrolling with the darkly gorgeous vampire, she would hit on him and of course he would ignore it, but there was an attraction. When he thought she was looking or paying attention she would feel his eyes on her, or catch a flash of wanting in his eyes. Why, he never acted on it she had no idea he choose to keep her at a distance.

Knocking on the door she felt silly it really wasn’t a house, but it was his home so she respected his space. There was no answer, so glancing around she decided to take a peek and see if he wasn’t inside. Sliding the door closed behind her she slowly made her way around the room.

A room that is really what it was one large room sectioned off into different living spaces. It was kind of homey in a way and Angel had taste, not her taste it was far too elegant for her taste but it was nice. Moving toward his bed she smiled for it was big and looked very comfy. Now in her fantasies she could now envision the two of them entwined between his black satin sheets.

A leather bound book caught her attention, and without thought she reached for it. It was not a book she realized as she opened it to find amazing sketches upon the pages. They were snapshots throughout time. Flipping through them she traveled through the years Angel had been on the earth. Turning a page Faith stopped at the sight of a girl sitting on steps. Beautiful, so perfect faith thought. Flipping to the next page it was of the same girl only a smile on her face. Page after page were filled with the same image.

“What are you doing?” Came the harsh question, and Faith whirled around guiltily clutching the remnants of his past.

“I was waiting.” Faith began her words stopping as the usually controlled and perfect Angel stormed over and tore the book from her hands.

“You had no right to go through my things.” Angel growled, and Faith swallowed as she saw the demon part of the souled vampire shifting beneath the surface, he hadn’t changed completely he was shifting back and forth without really ever changing.

“I am sorry.” Faith replied truly meaning it. Angel turned away from her the book clutched in his fist. “Who was she?” Faith asked.

“No one.” Angel whispered, not wanting to remember what could have been and the girl loved, but never met. She was a fantasy really because with time he realized he had never known her only known what she was to become.

“Did you love her?” Faith asked not really wanting to hear the answer; her heart was already breaking a little knowing that he had loved someone. Of course she knew in theory that he had loved someone he was over 300 years old how could he not have fallen in love.

“I never met her.” Angel said setting the book aside and turning back toward Faith.

“But did you love her?” Faith asked, she knew the answer for it had been within each line of those sketches.

“Yes I loved her, or rather I loved the possibility of her.” Angel replied softly.

“What happened to her?” Faith had to know.

“She died.” Angel replied his gaze never wavering from Faith’s, it was time to move on.

Los Angeles, CA

Elizabeth rose from where she landed when the demon she just fought imploded after she staked it through the heart.

“I have one question.” Came a very annoyed voice from behind her and she glanced over her shoulder as she sat up.

“And that would be?” She asked, rising to her feet and dusting herself off though it really didn’t matter because she was covered with pieces of the thing.

“Where is your weapon?” Alec asked raising his brow. They had gone over the weapons specs before they left and he challenged her to use it tonight instead of her stake or the wicked blade she carried concealed in a sheath along her back.

“Well.” Elizabeth began not really wanting to tell him that instead of shooting the creature she had used it to hit the thing over the head and used the very expensive weapon like a club.

Alec crossed his hands over his chest gazing down at the girl looking up at him, thinking how best to answer. “Your best bet would be to promise to at least attempt to use it properly before you resort to bludgeoning your target to death.” Alec held out his hand to help her up.

“I promise.” Elizabeth gave him a soft smile. “Not to bludgeon demon’s to death, which I might add I did not in this case because I used Mr. Pointy.” Elizabeth twirled her stake through her fingers, smiling and walked past him.

Alec smiled following in her wake his gaze falling on her swaying backside, it was going to be an interesting evening without Derek to chaperone.


Sunnydale, Ca

Angel stared at the fire before him, rather poetic that he stood in alleyway before a trashcan with a blaze filling its depths. For years he scoured through the back alleys of the world living off vermin. It seemed wrong to be doing it here but there really was no better place. Lifting the leather bound volume of his sketches he tossed it into the flames. As the flames slowly engulfed the book Angel had to force himself to stop from reaching into the flames. Perhaps without a constant reminder eventually he would forget.
Expectations by Aislynn
Author: Aislynn

Disclaimer: It’s not mine all of it belongs to Joss, and Mutant Enemy. I just fell in love with characters from the very first episode.

Summary: Well sorry for the delay in updates. But chapters are coming, and new characters and old characters will be introduced, and will be seen in the next few chapters. Again this will eventually be a Spuffy story but not just yet. For those of you who have reviewed, thanks.
Rating: NC-17

Chapter 4: Expectations

LA, Wolfram & Hart

“I expected better from you.” Lindsey sighed glancing down at the men limping out of the workout room on one of the sub-floors of the building. They were the elite military unit the firm used in certain difficult situations.

Elite my ass, two of the men hobbled by cradling broken arms; all of them had one injury or another. “Go see one of the healers.” Lindsey did nothing to disguise the disgust he felt. Eight highly trained men, and they had lasted only 2 minutes in a fight with his prize.

Lindsey had watched the session from behind the two-way mirror. Elizabeth was becoming quite the little fighter. They were ready to move onto phase two, non-human opponents.

Lindsey’s eyes caressed Elizabeth’s body, as she stretched listening to some speech from Helene. Helene was chosen with care to be Elizabeth’s handler, and after she swore a blood oath of loyalty to Lindsey he placed Elizabeth into her hands and was for all appearances Elizabeth’s loving guardian.

They kept as close to the truth in revealing Elizabeth’s role as the Slayer, they just left out a few details and adding a few of their own. To Elizabeth the watcher’s council stole young girls destined to be Slayer’s from their parents and drilled into doing their duty; they were slaves to the council and didn’t even know it. They were the cause of her parent’s fatal car crash, and luckily the state stepped in and placed her into a Barb, and John Ambrose care. They adopted Buffy when she was 10 and raised her until they also died in a suspicious accident. They didn’t have to place the suspicion that the Council had killed her foster parents; as well she had come to that conclusion all on her own.

The Ambrose’s left Buffy in the care of Wolfram & Hart’s to ensure she didn’t fall into the Council’s hand. The witches had ensured that all the memories were in place, and then Helene took over. Helene possessed the skills necessary to help Elizabeth adjust to her new life, and to ensure that the memory augmentation was in fact working.

So far Elizabeth had no knowledge of his existence, and he planned to keep it that way. Her training was going to be grueling, and he didn’t wish her to associate him with that experience. Instead he was controlling Buffy from behind the scenes, and so far things were working out wonderfully. Already she was in excellent shape, and her fighting skills were sharpening everyday. Helene suggested they begin Elizabeth’s training in elementary magic right away, and Lindsey allowed it for the more tools Elizabeth had within her grasp, the stronger weapon he possessed. When the time was right he would reveal himself, and take over from Helene.

“Sir,” Lindsey glanced up as the door to the observation room opened and his assistant Ryan slipped in. “The men you requested I contact are waiting in your office; they are well you won’t be disappointed sir.”

Lindsey glanced back to see his Slayer smile, bringing a smile to his lips. It had been 3 months since her arrival. The day after he installed her into Helene’s care, the entire staff of the LA branch of the firm was called together.

There the announcement had been made; Lindsey McDonald was promoted to Partner, and now liaison between the firm, and the senior partners. It was only fitting after he delivered them a champion of their very own.

Elizabeth listened to Helene drone on about her technique and how she had let down her guard at some point during the fight. Since the fight lasted all of two minutes she really couldn’t recall the exact moment, so instead of making a smart-ass comment she listened and nodded. Helene wasn’t all that bad though she was all business at work, and at home.

Glancing over at the mirror she knew someone watched, or more specifically watched her, during some sessions. Since she arrived she had been allowed out with an escort, never on her own.

“Can we go out tonight?” Elizabeth asked wanting to see the sunlight and breathe in some fresh air.

“That depends on how you do in your studies.” Helene responded watching Elizabeth as she began her cool down exercises. During Elizabeth’s shower she would have to find Lindsey and ask his permission.

Lindsey walked into his office to find 2 men standing in his office. They were both appeared young and looked human, yet only one side of their family tree boasted those genes the other was quite the opposite. And from the file the firms had on them were both over 200 years old. The blond haired one known as Derek stood with his back to the wall in a casual position, though Lindsey doubted there was anything casual about the man. The other sat in one of the chairs in front of his desk. Again looking casual but this one he could tell was the real power of the team. He possessed black hair, and blue eyes and those clean-cut good looks, and went by the name Alec. They were both extremely attractive, which might be problem.

“Our contact said you have a job for us.” Alec raised one brow, at the man wanting to figure out why a Partner at Wolfram & Hart with all their resources would call in two contractors.

“Yes, I do.” Lindsey replied shutting his door, and moving to his desk. “Though the positions will be long-term, not like your usual jobs, would you gentlemen care for a drink?”

“Sure.” Alec smiled, hoping to learn a little more. “You obviously know who we are; the question is who are you?” Over the past few years more and more of their jobs were coming from the various branches of Wolfram & Hart, they paid their bills on time.

“Lindsey McDonald.” Lindsey replied pouring two drinks. Their files were limited to the jobs they had completed for the firm, and really he knew very little about them, but they were both going to be key in Elizabeth’s development.
“We got that from the door, who are you?” Derek asked pushing off the wall and moving to take the drink Lindsey held out.

“Well hopefully your employer, but until then whether or not you know who I am now that all depends on you.” Lindsey smiled handing Alec his drink, as well. He knew his plan was unorthodox but there really was no one better for the positions he wished to fill with these men.



Sunnydale, California

Angel dusted another vampire and once again he had to come to their rescue it was getting quite old. It had been months since she arrived, they had their little run-in’s every now and then, but he was never really worried because she was predictable, in everything she did especially in her fighting. When it came down to it he knew that this Slayer would die fairly young because of it.

They had come to an understanding after Giles intervened, when they were beating each other bloody and worked together but they never worked as a team. The others her friends Willow and Xander were more open to it than she was, in her mind soul or not he was Angelus and that was all he would ever be in her eyes.

The anointed one had already been called to the master, and she hadn’t listened then not believing that a child would be her undoing. When he tried to kill the boy she’d driven a stake into his chest, not his heart mind you but it effectively stopped him long enough for the boy to get away.

“Are you alright?” Angel asked offering his hand to Xander who took it without question.

“I don’t know ask me again when everything stops spinning.” Xander groaned as a sharp pain coursed through his head. “Where is Willow?” He asked as Angel put his arm around his back helping him hobble along.

“Right over here.” Willow sighed from the spot Angel had literally tossed her, just as a vampire was about to take her head off with an axe.

“Kendra?” Xander asked.

“I am right here.” Came her accented voice sharp and pissed off as she stormed back into the cemetery. “I thought we were working together.”

“We are.” Angel said helping Xander to sit down, the boy would be pretty sore for a few days. Xander was a good kid though he tended to jump into the fray without thinking.

“Really then where were you, when I was chasing down those vampires, you let them get away.” Kendra’s voice rose shrilly causing Xander to moan.

“I was helping your friends.” Angel replied meeting her gaze. “Where were you?” He asked moving past her and heading after the vampires he could follow their scent.

“I was doing my duty.” Kendra sputtered.

“I thought your duty was to protect the innocent.” Angel responded not looking back, but continuing on his way. God she was a pain in the ass, how Giles could stand her was beyond him.


L.A, California

Elizabeth glanced up as Helene came into her room. “I thought I had an hour between classes?”

“I thought you might like to go out tonight, so I bought you a new outfit.” Helene smiled placing the box she carried on the bed next to Elizabeth.

“Really!” Elizabeth smiled quickly tearing into the box and pulling out a cute little outfit that was so not something Helene would pick out.

“The girl at the store helped me pick it out.” Helene lied. When she had arrived at Lindsey’s office for a daily report the box had been sitting on his desk. Then he had given her instructions for the evening. Helene wasn’t sure that Elizabeth was ready but Lindsey insisted.

“Where are we going?” Elizabeth asked, as she held the outfit up to herself. She wasn’t stupid Helene wasn’t one to just go out for a night or to just purchase an outfit, not without a purpose.

“Well, your training has been going so well, I thought that we could both use a break.” Helene smiled, for she truly thought that Elizabeth needed a break.

Between the physical training, magic lessons, and normal school work she was surprised that she was excelling in all those areas. But tonight wasn’t going to be a break it was the beginning of Phase 2 of her training.

Helene was against the way in which they were going about initiating Phase 2. To let Buffy out into the world after her seclusion was a mistake in her opinion. A live exercise out in the city was not controlled. Helene suggested a controlled exercise in the labs, she even went to the Senior Partners bypassing Lindsey, yet when she arrived for the meeting there he sat with one of the Senior Partners, what a sight he was she was going to have nightmares for weeks. The Senior Partners response echoed Lindsey’s earlier one, his exact words, “How will we ever know what she is capable of if we control all variables.”

“Be ready in an hour.” Helene smiled leaving her charge alone. Once outside she walked to her room to get ready. Helene was just getting undressed when she looked up into the mirror and her heart stopped for a moment.

“Loyalty is very important to me Helene.” Lindsey rose from the rocking chair he had occupied during his wait.

“I am loyal to you.” Helene turned around meeting his gaze. “I have not broken my oath.”

Lindsey smiled, and Helene’s gaze dropped to the ground. “Don’t ever go to the Senior Partner’s behind my back again, do you understand?” He asked at her nod he moved toward the panel that led to the observation rooms that ran throughout the floor. “Claude is going to make sure that you don’t forget.” Lindsey passed through the doorway and another man if you could call him that stepped into the room. “No visible wounds, she has to be ready to go out in an hour.” Lindsey met Helene’s gaze over Claude’s shoulder. “There will be no other reminders Helene.”

Elizabeth glanced over at Helene, she was unusually quiet this evening. There was always some lecture she was ready to impress upon her charge, whether it was about fighting, magic, and even manners. Helene was a strange woman she was so severe yet, sometimes she showed a little bit of what she hid inside.

“Is something wrong?” Elizabeth asked, lunch and the movie had been delightful and now they were doing a little shopping before they picked up something on their way home for dinner.

“Nothing is wrong; I just haven’t been feeling well.” Helene sighed, that was certainly the truth.

“Do you need to sit down?” Elizabeth asked concerned as Helene swayed on her feet, she really did not look well.

“Perhaps you should go get the car Elizabeth. I will meet you out front.” Helene smiled painfully, and though it had been the plan for her to get Elizabeth to get outside on her own she really was in pain, damn Claude. Fishing through her purse she handed Elizabeth the keys.

“I will be right back.” Elizabeth hurried through the mall heading outside to the parking lot. As she made her way to the car she mumbled about how far they parked from the stores they were parked out in the middle of nowhere. Stopping by the car she slid the key into the lock. There was a sudden tightening of her stomach, great she thought just what I need cramps.

“Well, well what do we have here?” The voice came from behind her, and Elizabeth turned to see two very unsavory men dressed very outdated clothing standing very close to where she was.

“Looks like we found ourselves a little snack.” Elizabeth watched as his face shifted a vampire. In her head she knew that she was the Slayer, but she let out a very horrified scream.


“Well not exactly what I was expecting.” Lindsey murmured watching the scene unfolding through his binoculars.

“She has a powerful set of lungs.” Derek smiled chuckling softly. “Maybe she’ll slay them by bursting their ear drums.”

Alec smiled watching the girl get tossed against a car. That had to have hurt, “Sounded a little like you the first time you saw your father.”

“Hey.” Derek growled his normally human voice vibrating reminding Lindsey of a lion.


Elizabeth was stunned for a moment as she found herself slammed up against side of the car. “This is too easy.” The vampire laughed in her face, as he took hold of her hair jerking her head back.

“You could really use a mint.” Elizabeth managed to say without gagging and slammed her head into his, as he staggered back she whirled around and with one roundhouse kick he was on the floor, and his partner grabbed her from behind. Endless hours of training kicked in, and Elizabeth went into what she liked to call Slayer mode.

One second she was fighting for her life, the next she was enveloped in a cloud of ashes. Coughing she looked around and taking a deep breath she slid into the car and very slowly drove toward the store.

“So what do you think?” Lindsey asked out loud. He addressed them both but he knew which one would answer.

“She has the raw talent, more so than any other slayer I have seen.” Alec watched the girl slide into the car after dusting herself off. A slayer was something for all demons not just vampires to fear. It was silly really that they called them vampire slayers because they had the potential for far more than that.

“So will you take the job?” Lindsey asked the question though he was sure he already knew the answer the possibilities were just two endless, especially for a man such as the one standing before him.

“We need to iron out the details of the contract, but I think we will take it.” There was no discussion between the partners. This was a job they just couldn’t pass up.
Moving On by Aislynn
Author: Aislynn
Disclaimer: It’s not mine all of it belongs to Joss, and Mutant Enemy. I just fell in love with characters from the very first episode.

Summary: Well sorry for the long delay in updates. But chapters are coming, and new characters and old characters will be introduced, and will be seen in the next few chapters. Again this will eventually be a Spuffy story but not just yet. For those of you who have reviewed, thanks I appreciate your comments so keep them coming, also I will take suggestions on plot though I may not use them I appreciate it all the same. All spells are ones I made up, and a few from episodes. Again I am not going to promise anything chapter to chapter because I keep changing things to suit the story as new ideas come into my head. It’s an AU the possibilities are endless.
Rating: NC-17


End of Chapter 4

Angel stared at the fire before him, rather poetic that he stood in alleyway before a trashcan with a blaze filling its depths. For years he scoured through the back alleys of the world living off vermin. It seemed wrong to be doing it here but there really was no better place. Lifting the leather bound volume of his sketches he tossed it into the flames. As the flames slowly engulfed the book Angel had to force himself to stop from reaching into the flames as the image of a love he never knew slowly disappeared before his eyes. Perhaps without a constant reminder eventually he would forget.


Chapter 5 -- Moving On

Elizabeth sighed as she lay in bed. It was one of those nights where she couldn’t get to sleep. Tossing and turning had taken up half the night it was already 3 in the morning. They didn’t go out to patrol, though she had brought up the subject of going alone, and everyone shot down the idea. Sometimes she felt like a pampered prisoner or pet. Well not exactly pampered since she trained in one way or another most of the day but a prisoner all the same.

It was 2 weeks until her birthday not that it mattered; it would be her second within these walls. For two years now she had been living half a life. Not once had she walked outside these walls without someone with her on her outings. Lately it was Derek or Alec who escorted her on her little outings. Helene was still there but her presence and influence was becoming less of a force in her life. In the past six months Helene had begun to act strangely she made no secret of her dislike for Derek, and especially for Alec. Whatever was going on between her three appointed companions it was getting tiring?

Then there was Alec something in her gut made her weary around him, even though he was her friend. Friend, she actually thought of him and Derek as friends she really was pathetic. Something inside began to hum when they were in the same room, it wasn’t unpleasant just a heightened awareness. She knew what it was because it was the same feeling that coursed through the pit of her stomach when she was near a vampire or some other nasty. They weren’t entirely human; but she had known that from the moment they met.

Alec’s latest lessons were on demons, he had berated her for hours for killing some karmzac or kazak demon that was harmless to humans and actually feed off other demons. Why she would kill something that wouldn't harm anyone, he had yelled for what seemed like hours. Elizabeth sighed thinking about his shades of gray speech; it really did give one something to think about.

In no way shape or form was she in any way tired. Sliding out of bed she slipped on her robe and walked to the windows of her room. The view was gorgeous though it was just a projection since the floor was a sub level. Picking up the book she left there earlier she carried it to the bed. It was a text of spells that Helene had given her to begin her latest magic studies. Magic was actually turning out to be extremely helpful. Several times she had used it during patrols while she was fighting. A smile touched her lips as she thought of the vampire she had set alight a few nights ago with just a few words.

Alec hadn’t been pleased regarding her instincts not to use the modern weapons he personally trained her to use, the fact that she instinctively went for her stake and magic was really not going over well. The morning before he had shown her how to use a modified sniper rifle, Why she would ever need that kind of training she had no idea, but he had insisted and she had hit all her targets on the first try it had actually been rather easy and he seemed pleased.

Of the two of her constant companions Derek was the easiest to get along with, he was also the one she trained with most often. Alec usually watched from the side lines his voice giving her steady instructions on how to improve her form, and pointing out the areas she left her self open for attack. Derek was great like a brother really he was funny, easy going, and listened when she talked. Alec was quite the opposite he was always pushing her to do better. So it was beyond her why of the two of them she saw Derek as only a friend, and Alec well he made her feel something that went far beyond friendship and from experience she knew it was a crush.

When she watched his demonstrations with Derek, she found her gaze sliding over his body, which was quite simply drool worthy. Then when she would have to reenact his demonstration she did something wrong because she had been drooling over his body, not his technique. And then that led to more lectures, which made her crush falter for a day or two, but it always returned.

Lindsey’s Office

“I have to say, I am impressed.” Lindsey smiled at the two men who had joined him for drinks. “Elizabeth’s training is far ahead of schedule.” Lindsey rose to refill their drinks.

“I think we need to stop or at least lessen her magic training.” Alec held his glass up for a refill. “I don’t want her relying of magic instead of her natural talents.”

“Magic is a natural talent of a Slayer it just isn’t cultivated in them, since they don’t normally live very long.” Lindsey replied. His research into the murky world of Slayer’s had revealed several interesting little facts about Slayers and the Council’s techniques for controlling them. They repressed some of the girl’s or rather slayers innate talents such as witchcraft to ensure they could maintain control. The essence of the slayer was actually from a demon shaman’s had forced the gift upon a young girl once upon a time. It really worked to their benefit that Slayer’s didn’t last two long, because if a girl ever lived past the first 2 years she would begin to question, and questions led to rather unpleasant things about the origin and true nature of a slayer being revealed.

“I don’t wish to get rid of it, but she is delving into the arts with a passion and she is young.” Alec sipped his drink. “To tamper with such power at such a young age might make her less manageable.” Alec was lying of course he just wanted to slow her progress in Magic. He wanted her to learn more about the arts just not at this point and time.

“What would you like her to focus on?” Lindsey asked, he could see Alec’s point allowing her to delve any deeper into such power could lead to a more independent Slayer and god knew even with all the restrictions they placed on her life she still maintained that stubborn streak.

Alec had to fight from letting a smile touch his lips. Things were progressing nicely, and Lindsey for all his posturing and sense of control, was actually incredibly easy to manipulate, unlike other members of Wolfram & Hart and other interested parties.

Lindsey tolerated Alec and Derek because they were doing an incredible job with his Slayer. Buffy was becoming quite a weapon but he watched them frequently and noted several things. First and the most concerning was Buffy’s growing attraction toward Alec. Lindsey could see it even if they couldn’t, and it wasn’t something he wanted for his Slayer. Lindsey knew Alec was trying to manipulate him, and he often let the man think he was being successful if it suited his plans.

“There is one thing I need taken care by the end of the week, and I have promised the senior partners that Buffy would take of it for them.” Lindsey smiled tossing a file across the desk. “Just a little reassurance that the Slayer is part of our team.”


Sunnydale, Ca

Spike watched from the shadows as the Slayer and Angel fought a pack of Keital demons unsightly little buggers who were built like tanks, along with a mouth full of razor sharp teeth.

The girl wasn’t half bad she was a rather tasty little morsel. Sex all rolled into leather if one went for that kind of thing, which Angel obviously did. The dark haired sultry beauty was quite a little bag of tricks.

Beneath the Slayer veneer lay something else, something rather dark if one took the time to notice the little things. She enjoyed the kill way too much it got her revved up, and from her scent it was rather like foreplay for the tart. He would bet money that the little slayer was a hellcat in bed after her nightly patrol. When she fought she was good, but not good enough. Even from here he could see where he could slip right in and have himself a real good day.

Tossing his cigarette away he slipped away heading into the night back toward his dark princess. The slayers days were numbered once he found the cure for Dru she was finished. The little fiasco at Sunnydale high a few weeks ago really gave him an insight to the girls motives or rather motivation.

Like everyone she had a weakness, and it was actually herself. The latest slayer was her, own worst enemy, which was a weakness he could exploit. After watching the videotapes his minions took of the chit, one thing became apparent. The tough girl act was quite convincing Faith really was a badass possessing exactly what it took to back the attitude up, but there was something about her, he saw it in Dru sometimes within the depths of those dark eyes was a lost little girl yearning to belong.

There were other signs the most glaring was how she acted around those bothersome friends she possessed. It was one of the few times the ballsy brunette was unsure about herself, and how she should act. Throw the girl into a fight and she was at home, if you wanted to party Faith was your girl, but when faced with really opening herself up to those around her the people the skills just simply were not there, and she was tearing herself trying to connect with those around her.

It was time to return to Dru, she was waiting as she always did these days always waiting.

LA, California

Elizabeth glanced up at the building Alec stopped in front of. There was an uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach that tonight wasn’t just a fun night out on the town. Alec smiled handing the keys to his SUV to the valet. Derek jumped out of the car easily sliding his arm around Elizabeth’s waist leading her toward a very non-descript building.

The uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach grew stronger as she sensed a demon or rather demons very close by.

“It’s alright.” Derek murmured flashing her one of his wonderful smiles. They would never hurt her, Elizabeth thought letting them lead her into the building. They would never hurt you, she found herself repeating several times as she passed through the doorway and into the lion’s den.

There were humans and every type of demon imaginable within the four walls of the club, yet as she found herself surrounded by the enemy she could not act upon her instincts something was holding her back.

“I’ll get us something to drink.” Derek gave her a quick squeeze before he left her alone with Alec.

As if sensing her distress he murmured softly, “The club is protected by a blessing, no violence can be done within these walls by human or demon.” Alec slipped his arm around her waist leading her to an open table.

“Why would you bring me here?” Elizabeth asked glancing around at the variety of creatures within her vicinity.

“Because you need to learn, that not all demons desire humankinds destruction. You don’t have to kill every demon that crosses your path. In the future you may find one or two of them can be quite useful in various ways.” Alec replied his gaze remaining on her face.

“I don’t kill every demon that crosses my path; you’re still alive aren’t you?” Elizabeth replied, her gaze meeting his own.

“How long have you known?” Alec asked softly, he really shouldn’t be surprised with her slayers instincts but it made him uneasy nonetheless.

“Not long after we met, it took me a while because I hadn’t been around demon’s often enough to realize the warning signs.” Elizabeth glanced up as a demon with large what looked like antler’s dripping with puss walked past.

“What was that?” Elizabeth asked, her gaze shifting back to Alec’s who was still gazing at her intently.

“A chaos demon.” Alec replied as Derek approached sliding drinks across the table to the appropriate person. “A whisky for you, and me and diet coke for milady.” Derek smiled, ignoring the tension between the two because quite simply there was always tension between them lately.

Derek wasn’t stupid he saw the slayer’s eyes travel over Alec when she thought no one was watching. Alec’s interest in the Slayer was more of a concern because so far beyond one-night stands here and there he had yet to show a true interest in a woman, especially one he had a hand in molding. It was actually funny to watch his friend because with every lesson plan Alec executed he was unconsciously forming Elizabeth into the perfect woman, for him. Smart, powerful, beautiful, a deadly combination no man could resist. He wanted to warn his friend that he should be careful because sometimes what you think you want is exactly the opposite of what you actually need.

“Let’s dance.” Derek said standing and taking Elizabeth’s hand not giving her an opportunity to decline his offer. Ignoring the look Alec shot him, obviously he didn’t want to be interrupted, and soon enough Buffy’s fun would be spoiled because tonight wasn’t about fun, it was about work.

There really wasn’t much of dance floor since it was a karaoke bar, not that it mattered to them. Elizabeth was glad to be in Derek’s arms it was comforting and felt safe.

“Don’t let him get to you.” Derek sighed glancing down into her expressive hazel eyes. “Sometimes Alec can be an ass.”

“Sometimes?” Elizabeth asked raising a brow and glancing over at their table, finding it empty.

Alec watched the two dancing from the bar. After they left him at the table he had swallowed his drink in one gulp and found he needed another. Tonight he was forcing Elizabeth to acknowledge a simple fact that not everything was black and white or rather good or evil. There were demons who were decent and never hurt a soul, while there were humans who possessed souls whose crimes were shocking and to say the least inhuman. There were demons that could be useful for not only information but also sometimes as backup.

Alec managed to down three more drinks before the laughing duo finally returned to the table. Waiting until they settled down sipping their drinks, Alec rose from his seat. “Let’s dance?” It really wasn’t posed as a question rather a command in a tone that he used in the training room. Buffy thought about declining for a moment but then at the last moment she rose and led the way onto the dance floor. There were quite a few more couples out on the floor and some demon or another was singing.

Buffy couldn’t help but enjoy the moment as Alec slid his arms around her waist pulling her up against his body. Following his lead she began to move in time with his body. For a few moments it was wonderful, and then he of course ruined it by speaking.

“Do you see that man right over my shoulder in the black suit with the blue silk shirt?” Alec asked.

Buffy saw the man he was around 40, balding, and about 75 to 80 pounds overweight with a brassy blonde on his arm whose breasts were so obviously implants that stretched the skin in the area so tight it looked like they were in danger of bursting.

“Yes.” Buffy replied glancing up at Alec.

“He stole some information from Wolfram & Hart, and they want it back.” Alec replied continuing to sway them to the sound of the music. “You are going to wait until he leaves and follow him home.” Alec slid one arm from her waist and retrieved a pair of keys from his pocket placing it in her palm. “Your car is waiting in the parking lot, you’ll know it when you see it and it has all your gear in the trunk.” Alec leaned down his lips against her temple. “This is what we have been working toward beyond the Slaying on the street, you have to prove to Wolfram & Hart that you want to belong that you are part of the team.”

“What do I have to do?” Buffy asked keeping her gaze on her target without being obvious.

“Follow him home, gain entry into his home and retrieve the files.” Alec replied.

“That doesn’t sound too hard.” Buffy knew that couldn’t be it they wouldn’t send her on such an easy job.

“The files are encoded into a chip the firm placed in his head to increase his memory capacity.” Alec responded and watched as her eyes rose to his.

“So I have to?” Buffy began but her gaze wandered back to the man who was laughing as he squeezed his date’s ass.

“Yes.” Alec responded hating Lindsey for throwing this type of assignment at her right now.

Buffy followed Alec off the dance floor and was not surprised to see Derek missing. Alec picked up his jacket. “We will be waiting at home.” Alec lied he and Derek would be following her incase anything went wrong.

Buffy sat down and found herself alone. It was hard to sit there and just wait for the man to leave. Several times she found herself thinking about just getting into the car waiting for her outside and leaving. But she had no idea where she would go; Wolfram & Hart had given her a home and saved her from the watcher’s council.

The time for pondering her choices faded as the man rose up dragging the giggling blonde with him and headed for the door. Buffy found herself rising and following them outside. She found her car because it was one she had told Derek she liked one time when they had been out. It was a black SUV, it was nothing special but she knew there was a reason for that because it wouldn’t stand out. She slid into the car and followed the couple home.

Alec & Derek followed at a safe distance from Buffy’s car. They pulled into a spot just a little ways down from where she parked. They watched and waited. As time sped past Alec became concerned that she wasn’t going to go through with it, and if she didn’t the senior partners wouldn’t be happy and might decide their little project wasn’t worth it or perhaps alter their plans for the Slayer.

Then just when Alec was ready to go check on Buffy, she slid like a dark shadow from the truck and into the darkness. Glancing at his watch time seemed to creep along until she finally reappeared carrying a bag. His gaze was riveted on the bag, as she slid into the car. She just sat there for a few minutes then the SUV started up and she pulled away from the house. After they were a safe distance the SUV pulled over and he watched as she barely got out of the car before she threw up not once but twice. Leaning back against the car she seemed to gain her composure then rose climbing back into the car.

“We better get back; I would like to be there when she gets home.” Derek’s usually cheerful voice was cold and harsh. Alec could feel Derek’s anger beginning to boil over, so he didn’t say a word.

“She was going to have to do this sooner or later.” Alec replied and he didn’t see the blow until his cheek felt like it exploded and his head cracked against the glass of his window.

Alec was stunned; he glanced over at Derek who was staring ahead. “I would like to be there when she gets home, so if you don’t plan on driving get out of my way so I can.”

Alec turned on the car and took a short cut ensuring they got home before Buffy. They actually only beat her home by 15 minutes. They were the longest 15 minutes of either of their lives. Derek paced back and forth, while Alec sat staring at the entryway waiting. The sound of the door opening and closing gained both of their attention, and they both waited scared to face the girl they had come to know so well.

Sunnydale

Spike backhanded the slayer and sent her sailing across the floor. After a very rough day with Dru, he had needed a little workout and decided that it was time to engage this slayer in his favorite dance. Tonight Dru would occupy Angel, and to draw him out and away from the slayer. His girl was always successful so he knew that Angel wouldn’t be a problem.

“You really are good pet.” Spike purred as his fist connected with her jaw as she rose up from the ground. “It’s a pity.” He sighed jerking her up by her dark locks.

“Do you ever stop talking?” Faith growled catching his wrist and attempting to gain the advantage, but she only managed in giving Spike an even bigger advantage at the moment.

“Better hope I keep talking pet when I stop,” Spike growled propelling her forward and into the wall, “that’s when you need to start worrying.”

Faith would never admit it but she was scared. Angel and she had fought or rather spared but she had never felt like she couldn’t handle herself. Also in the back of her mind she knew that Angel would never hurt her, unlike Spike. To Spike she was just another notch on his belt, another Slayer to kill.

Spike used the leverage she gave him and jerked her up against him his hand tangled in her hair. Quite simply he had the little Slayer set up perfectly for the kill it was all part of the plan.

He sunk his teeth into her neck and heard her cry. There was nothing the Slayer could do about it and true to form she gave up. That was when he pulled back and pushed her forward onto her hands and knees.

“All that bluster, and bad-ass attitude and it was that easy.” Spike purred circling around her. Adding insult to injury he used his boot to lift her face so he could see it. “Seems you weren’t much of a Slayer after all at the least the others fought until the very end.”

Faith was weak from blood loss but not that weak but he had done something she had never thought someone could do to her again, he had broken her truly made her feel fear, and shame.

“Not even worth the kill.” Spike smirked as her gaze-lowered tears beginning to course down her face. Breaking her spirit was hard she had so many insecurities to target it was almost too easy. Spike stepped staring down at the Slayer who had just minutes before been a smart-mouth tougher than nails bitch, things were working out nicely. “Say Hi to Angie for me.” Spike purred just before his boot connected with her face landing her right on her back.

As he left the alleyway he could hear her sobs, their plan was in motion things were going well, soon he would have Dru back to her usual self, and they could get out of Sunnyhell.
Surfacing by Aislynn
Author: Aislynn

Disclaimer: It’s not mine all of it belongs to Joss, and Mutant Enemy. I just fell in love with characters from the very first episode.

Summary: Well sorry for the long delay in updates. But chapters are coming, and new characters and old characters will be introduced, and will be seen in the next few chapters. Again this will eventually be a Spuffy story but not just yet. For those of you who have reviewed, thanks I appreciate your comments so keep them coming, also I will take suggestions on plot though I may not use them I appreciate it all the same. All spells are ones I made up, and a few from episodes. Again I am not going to promise anything chapter to chapter because I keep changing things to suit the story as new ideas come into my head. It’s an AU the possibilities are endless.

Rating: NC-17

Chapter 6 – Surfacing

Elizabeth’s grip tightened on the bag she carried as she entered the floor leading home. Home how pathetic was she that this place was home. Tears began to form as she neared the door. She could feel them inside waiting the two of them, who over time had become her fucked up little family. Now here she was the prodigal daughter coming home baring her trophy of sorts to prove herself to Wolfram & Hart and make the two men inside proud of her.

Proud, the word made the bile rise in her throat at the thought of what she had done tonight. Under the cover of darkness she had slipped into that man’s house, she didn’t even know his name. While the couple had been preoccupied she had come upon the pair and knocked the woman unconscious, and the man had stared at her with wide shocked eyes. A second later she had separated him from his head. It had been easy, and that was what bothered her the most.

It shouldn’t have been easy tonight she had taken the life a human being not a demon and that should make a difference she should feel differently. It should have been different than any other mission she had performed for Wolfram & Hart but she hadn’t even paused as she took his head, and that simple little fact had made her stop by the side of the road several times to tonight to empty the contents of her stomach. Murder, tonight she had become a murderer no matter what reasons she had for killing the man tonight she had crossed a line, and she hadn’t even fought against it.

Lifting her gaze toward the door she reached up wiping away another tear, one of many she had shed since picking up the man’s head and heading out to her car. They wouldn’t be the last tears she shed tonight but she wasn’t going to shed any before the two men waiting for her inside. The tiny part of her that died tonight along with her victim and her tears were her burden to bear alone.

Wolfram & Hart Executive Floor

Lindsey watched his girl standing before the door looking like a lost lamb wiping away her tears. He reached out touching the screen wishing he could wipe away the tears. Until then he had never thought of the girl as anything but a tool to get him where he wanted to go. When he probed into her life as it was it was to assess how best to manage her progress not for any other reason. Tonight he watched her to see how she was after tonight’s event’s he needed to see for himself how she handled herself, he couldn’t trust anyone else’s assessment.

He watched her progress from the car to her lodgings and as he watched he found himself filled with emotions he hadn’t let himself indulge in for quite sometime. As he realized what he was doing he shoved those emotions aside because he made a choice when he found the girl, he chose to use her to get everything he wanted and nothing not even he would get in his way.

“Your appointment is here. Would you like me to stay late tonight?” A soft annoyed voice filled the silence breaking his train of thought bringing a genuine smile to his lips. Alice was his secretary and unlike men who made it to the top at his age she wasn’t a 20 year old blond, but a 55 year old human/demon female who protected him like lioness with her cubs.

No one could figure out why he chose Alice from the executive assistant pool when faced with a bevy of beauties, the simple reason loyalty. Within her brown eyes he had seen a woman who had been passed up by every executive before him, despite being the most qualified candidate. The fact that she could bench press a bus didn’t hurt either. Since the moment he made his choice known he had Alice’s absolute loyalty and she had his.

“No, and have a nice evening.” Lindsey glanced toward the door as he waited for his next pawn to enter his domain.


Wolfram & Hart

Elizabeth composed herself and opened the door, walking inside she didn’t even bother shutting the door in her wake. As she thought they were both waiting their expressions closed but she could feel their anxiety, and a hint of fear.

Walking forward she set the leather bag on the coffee table the contents wobbled for a second sending a shiver through her body, and her gaze fixed on Alec. His gaze never wavered to the bag remaining focused on her.

“It’s done.” Elizabeth was surprised at how even her voice was, she had to force herself not to look at the bag.

“Are you alright?” Derek asked not looking up his gaze focused on something else, but his entire being was focused on the slip of a girl before them.

“I am fine.” Elizabeth replied finally unable to take anymore. She could feel their probing with their senses and she had enough for tonight. “I am going to wash up. I will see you in the morning.”

Alec watched as Derek left the room silently following in Elizabeth’s wake. Getting up he walked to door and shut it, closing his eyes he leaned forward his forehead resting against the door. Tomorrow he was going to have to go to them and seek guidance he wasn’t sure if what he allowed to happen tonight would change things. It was getting harder and harder to serve the powers that be when he and Derek were living within the belly of their biggest competition.

Wolfram & Hart Executive Floor

Lindsey admired Lilah’s beauty as she walked inside the door as if she were somebody on the rise within the company. Just year or two ago she was a rising star within the company, now she wasn’t even on the radar for a position as a junior partner. Lilah was so determined to earn the Seniors Partners attention that she made mistake after mistake gaining her their attention only not in the way she intended.

“Call to gloat?” She asked prowling into the room rubbing her upper arm. “And you really should replace that dragon you call an assistant.”

“I see you tried to come in unannounced, Alice is very attentive in her duties, and you had an appointment you probably would have a broken bone or two if you hadn’t had one.” Lindsey smiled as Lilah glanced back at the door.

“Have a seat.” Lindsey replied. “I have a proposal for you one I think you will find you can’t refuse.”

“I don’t you help.” Lilah snarled even as she took a seat.

“Oh trust me you do, it seems your usefulness to Wolfram & Hart has come to an end.” Lindsey picked up a termination slip that at their company was quite literal and slid it across the desk. “That was issued this morning; it’s unsigned at the moment I was able to convince the partners that you do have something to offer them.”

Lilah picked up the paper not really believing it until she saw the document. At one time she had the authority to hand them out and the document in her hand was a living document once signed a special unit at the company was deployed to carry out the order.

“How did you convince them to delay the order, I don’t think that has ever been accomplished.” Lilah whispered she had been so close to death and hadn’t even realized it. Yet even after death she would still belong to the company it was within her contract.

“I was able to persuade them that I have an assignment that I you would be able to effectively carry out.” Lindsey tossed another file onto the desk. “As you file indicated you will do anything to get ahead, mind you this was before you disfavor with the higher ups but still it shows your potential. Would you care for a drink?”

Lindsey watched as he poured them both a strong stiff drink, even though she hadn’t answered he knew she would need it as he watched the blood rush from her face. The file she held was a case she worked on earlier in her career that actually had brought her to the Senior Partners attention in the first place.

“Even I have never sunk that low to reach my goal very few even have.” He murmured a handing her the glass he poured for her, “It was enough to earn you a reprieve given that you accept this assignment.”

Lilah barely heard him as she drug her mind out of the past during that time she would have done anything to get ahead and she had. Taking a sip of the drink she pushed those memories aside.

“What is the assignment?” She asked closing the file and setting it in her lap.

“You can keep that copy I have others.” Lindsey replied his gaze meeting hers. “It’s actually a reassignment to a new branch of Wolfram & Hart we are opening in Sunnydale.”

“Why would we open a branch in that hell hole?” Lilah asked taking a deeper mouthful of the liquid within her glass.

“Hell Mouth to be exact and its going to be a small branch just a few associates you included. And the reason is the Slayer is based in Sunnydale.”

“What one isn’t enough for you?” Lilah asked bitterly if she had thought of hijacking Slayer their roles would be reversed.

“Actually yes one is enough for us,” Lindsey replied chuckling softly. “You are actually going to monitor events in Sunnydale. Not too long ago the Master a vampire locked away escaped to begin the harvest. He succeeded in taking out a Slayer and was only sent back into the hell mouth by a vampire with a soul.” Lindsey sighed shaking his head.

“As you know the partners have their own apocalypse in the works and they don’t want any more surprises with the hell mouth. Due to this event we utilized the seers who have predicted several other potential apocalypses will happen at the hell mouth over the next few years. It is going to be your job to keep an eye on the Slayer, this vampire with a soul, and Sunnydale’s demon population and keep us informed of what is going on.”

“And what do I get?” Lilah asked always looking out for herself.

“You get to live what else could you want?” Lindsey smiled meeting her gaze he knew that would never be enough he had anticipated it.

“If I do this I want a partnership with full benefits, and to be assigned to the Slayer project.” Lilah replied meeting his gaze knowing she didn’t have a leg to stand on.

“Well I think that is manageable, I will have the contract written up.” Lindsey replied as Lilah stood up clutching the file to her chest. “Lilah one thing before you go.” Lindsey met her gaze. “If you betray or fail me in anyway your life is forefeight and belongs to me even after your passing and trust me you would rather let the partners take you now then get on my bad side.”

Lilah saw something within Lindsey’s eyes she had never seen before that sent a sliver of fear through her entire being. Before he had always been her rival now she realized just how far Lindsey had climbed on the ladder at Wolfram & Hart.


Sunnydale, Ca

Faith stood within the abandoned Church Angel’s arm slung over her shoulder, as she looked at the Spot where Spike and Dru were buried beneath the rubble.

It had taken her, Annabelle, and all her friends including Cordy to take him down time. She had come on her own her only thought of Angel, not really thinking she had walked right in without a plan. Luckily Annabelle thought better than to just follow her blindly thinking on her own the Slayer had gone to get Giles.

Without them she had no idea what would have happened. They had burst in just in time once again she found herself right where she didn’t want to be at Spike’s mercy.

Her friends tipped the scales once again, and she wondered how she ended having friends like them.
Growing Up by Aislynn
Author: Aislynn

Disclaimer: It’s not mine all of it belongs to Joss, and Mutant Enemy. I just fell in love with characters from the very first episode.

Summary: Sorry for the delay I was at a class for work, and left my laptop at home, so I worked on my stories but am typing them up right now. I hope you like this chapter. I am going to start going off more from the exact events of the series after this chapter.

Rating: NC-17

End of Chapter 6

Without them she had no idea what would have happened. They had burst in just in time once again she found herself right where she didn’t want to be at Spike’s mercy.

Her friends tipped the scales once again, and she wondered how she ended having friends like them.

Chapter 7 – Growing up

With friends like these who needed enemies, Elizabeth groaned as she hit the mat once again. Alec stood above her and he defiantly was not pleased with her performance.

“That was pathetic.” Alec snarled not bothering to offer the Slayer a hand up. A week since that night and everyday their training sessions became worse and worse. Everyday he could predict her every move, which he hadn’t been able to do for sometime. She was holding back not giving her all, and he had to push her past it.

“Was it really, and here I thought I was poetry in motion.” Elizabeth growled scraping herself off the exercise mat glaring at her teacher. “I don’t need this right now.”

“You have to let it go, if you don’t its going to consume you. And you will die in some dark alley somewhere before you’ve even had a chance to live.” Alec replied watching her entire body tense.

“You call this living.” Elizabeth whispered as she left the training room.

Alec heard her parting remark and chose to ignore it, not wanting to get in an argument with Elizabeth over it. The powers told him to give her space that the events that happened were foreseen, and though Elizabeth wasn’t exactly on the path they desired, she would find her way.

Walking inside their personal quarters she turned the corner and crashed into a solid wall of muscle. Glaring up at Derek she moved to pass him but he moved directly into her path.

“You can’t keep avoiding us.” His voice was soft, comforting and inviting something she didn’t want right now.

“No I can’t in case you didn’t notice we kind of live together, but that doesn’t mean I have to like it.” Elizabeth huffed moving to pass him again.

“Let me ask you something?” Derek stared down at her his gaze intent. “What are you most angry about the fact that you killed a human being, or the fact that you did it so easily?”

Derek knew exactly what was bothering her because it had bothered him the first time he’d been sent in on a hit like this one Elizabeth had been sent on only his victim had been an innocent. It was just one of many crimes in his past that now tied him to the powers to do their bidding in the hopes of finding some sort of redemption.

“Get out of my way.” Elizabeth growled shoving at his chest only he didn’t move. Something inside of her snapped, and she began beating on his chest. Tears began to stream down her face as her fists connected with flesh.

Derek remained where he was bracing himself as Elizabeth began beating his chest. If the girl wanted to she could slam her fist right through his chest, and though forceful the blows were not meant to injure him. He could see the tears flowing down her cheeks, which were soon followed by sobs that tore at his heart.

Catching her wrists he pulled her forward against his chest his arms circling around her. One arm slid around her waist the other up along her back.

“It’s alright.” Derek found himself murmuring to her gently as she wept her heart out against his chest. After a few moments he shifted his arms lifting her up effortlessly and walked to her room. Depositing her safely on her bed he sat besides her gently stroking her back. Waiting until she cried herself to sleep he covered her up with a blanket folded at the end of the bed, and removed her shoes. Standing besides her bed he reached down gently brushing a lock of hair away from her face. Even after all her tears, she was still beautiful.

Shutting her bedroom door behind him, he met Alec’s gaze he had been standing in the hall for sometime just listening. Alec wanted to be the one to comfort Elizabeth, but knew that it had to be Derek.

“She’s going to be alright.” Derek passed by Alec, “I am going out for a little while.” God did he need to blow off some steam Derek thought as he slammed out the door. Elizabeth was coming into her own and to put quite simply was breathtakingly gorgeous, not to mention she could kick his ass and that was a turn on all on its own.

It was his demon half that craved a worthy mate someone who could challenge him and be his equal. Sometimes he thought the powers were torturing him for his past crimes, and he wondered if he could ever do enough good to balance the scales. It didn’t help that when Buffy looked at him she saw a brother, not a lover. No she saved those looks for Alec.

Sunnydale, Ca

“See what I’ve brought you my sweet prince.” Dru purred softly knocking the young sweet thing she’d brought to her knees before Spike.

“I’m not in the mood.” Spike glared up as his companion the love of his undead life. It had been just a few weeks since he was crippled and Dru brought him a wheelchair to get around. The vampire who brought to Slayers to their end was reduced to this, his meals brought to him.

Dru smiled, she knew he was just being difficult he needed to feed so he could be whole again. “Come for me, take a sip.”

Dru pulled the girls neck back moving her forward so was kneeling directly between his knees. It had been awhile since his last meal and she was getting worried. Already his burns were looking much better at first she thought his beautiful face was marred for ever. As he continued to feed they healed a little bit more each time.

“Fine!” He growled shifting into game face and without ceremony he sunk his fangs into the girl’s neck. The girl’s blood tasted bitter as it flowed between his lips he hated this being weak being fed like an infant.

“That’s my sweet boy.” Dru purred watching him as he fed. “You’re going to need all your strength for my party, all the invitations have been sent.”

Spike pulled back shoving the girl into Dru who chuckled softly tossing the girl aside. “My wicked boy I shan’t bring you any more treats if you don’t appreciate it.” Dru moved so she straddled him in the chair and leaned down licking a spot of blood from his lips. “I have such wonderful games planned for everyone.”

Spike leaned back gazing up into Dru’s dark eyes; she leaned down giving him a deep kiss then slid off his lap. His minions were fixing things up making them just right for his dark princess’s party.

Dru smiled holding her hands out. “It is going to be the most delicious party.” Opening her eyes she gazed at the table arrangement. “These flowers, they are all wrong.” Dru whispered then reached out toward them beginning to tear them apart. “I won’t abide them.” She growled.

Spike sighed as his girl though quite healthy now was still a bit off her rocker. “I am sure we can do something with them luv, make them just right.” Spike murmured softly giving her a smile.

Dru smiled nodding as she let the destroyed petals fall from her grasp, her hand trailing down to the boxes arranged on the table. “Can I open one?” She asked excitedly easily jumping from one topic to the next.

“You can take a peak.” Spike smiled enjoying her spirited display and giving in. Lately though her antics had begun to wear thin.

“It reeks of death.” Dru sighed peering into the box. “This is going to be my most exquisite party, because it will be the last.”


Faith made her way down one of the alleys while she was on patrol. Just as she was about to pass one near the bronze she noticed a familiar face.

“Everytime I see you, you’re stealing something?” She asked the bookish vampire as he lifted a box from the back of a truck and moved toward him. As she moved past the truck the door swung open striking her, and she came up swinging the vampire was dusted before he even hit the floor.

The bookish one let out a squeak and tried to take off. Grabbing hold of him he began to jerk around like he was having spasms letting him go he took off and she really didn’t feel like chasing him down so she glanced down at the box.

Picking it up carrying it back to Giles place, they were having a Scooby meeting tonight and they could all take a peak. Faith sighed give her a fight any day she was the first one in, this research stuff just wasn’t for her.

Managing the door and the box Faith slipped inside finding everyone in attendance Oz, Willow, Xander, Cordy, Giles, Jenny, and of course Angel. Faith sent him a smile and set the box down.

“I found this on some vamp thought it might be important so I brought it with.” Faith sighed.

“What is it?” Willow asked.

“Not sure.” Faith frowned and reached down undoing the latch and smiling over the top at Willow. “We’ll have to take a peak.” As soon as the lid opened she rose up a little. “It’s an arm.” She frowned just as the appendage reached up and grasped her by the neck.

Angel moved forward followed by Giles and together they were able to push the arm back into the box and get the latch closed. Angel ran an arm over Faith’s shoulder as she rubbed her neck.

“What the Hell.” Faith gasped.

“She couldn’t, she wouldn’t.” Angel’s whispered his gaze sweeping the box.

“Would you mind sharing, I think we would all like to know what the hell is in that box.” Xander asked raising a brow.

“It’s a legend way before my time of a demon brought forth to rid the world of humanity. Separate the righteous from the wicked and burn the righteous down. They call him the judge.”

“The Judge, this is he?” Giles asked and Angel nodded stepping back from the box.

“Not all of him.” Angel replied meeting Giles gaze.

“Not really getting all of this, so what was so scary about the Judge.” Faith asked rolling her eyes.

“He couldn’t be killed, right?” Giles asked Angel who nodded moving closer to Faith. “An army was sent against him and most of them died. Finally they were able to dismember him, not kill him.”

“Pieces were scattered and buried in every corner of the earth.” Angel cut in his voice soft taking in the people around him, they were the righteous and would be some of the first to fall if the Judge was able to be reassembled.

“And now all the parts are being sent here?” Jenny asked. “Who would do that?”

“Drucilla, it was one of her and Spikes men who had this thing.” Faith replied her gaze sweeping the box.

“So what she’s going to do put the Judge back together again.” Xander quipped. When no one responded he slid his hands into his pockets growing quiet.

“We have to get this as far away from here as possible.” Angel sighed.

“Angel could do it.” Jenny added, it worked out perfectly she was sent to keep an eye on Angel and make sure that nothing put his soul in peril.

“No he can’t.” Faith shot back glaring at Jenny, then at Angel who was staring at the box.

“I have to.” Angel’s dark gaze lifted to hers. “I am the only one who can.” Looking around the room he knew he was the one who had to do this and not just because the rest of them had lives to live. He needed to put some space between him and Faith. He cared for her but there had always been a shadow between them a girl he had never known a girl she could never be.

“You should leave tonight.” Giles responded and Angel nodded.

Faith walked alongside Angel as they headed down the docks to the cargo ship that would take him away. The thought of him leaving was killing her, she had never known love, but she was certain that the feelings he stirred in her were love.

Sometimes when they were kissing she felt it the sensation that he wanted her loved her just as much over came her suddenly. His arms would tighten just a bit, and his kisses would become possessive. Then just as suddenly it would go away, it was so frustrating.

Angel glanced over Faith’s features as they stopped at the end of the dock. Beautiful, she was defiantly that but she was also so much like him, that it was scary. While faith fought and protected the innocent she had never been innocent her life before becoming a slayer had guaranteed that part of her was destroyed. Beneath the slayer façade he could sense it her need to be loved and to belong. It was what kept her on the straight and narrow. You only had to watch her at the bronze to guess what she had been like before the scoobies befriended her and showed her a different type of life.

“I don’t want you to go.” Faith broke the silence lifting her fingertips to his face. “I have a feeling if you leave I am never going to see you again.”

“I promise I will come back.” Angel smiled pulling Faith into his embrace. As he pulled back Faith slid her hand behind his head and pulled his lips toward hers. Angel fought the urge to pull back he promised himself he wouldn’t lead her on that she wouldn’t move on with her life if she kept up hope that something was going to happen between them.

It was a brief but for one of them a passionate kiss. Angel pulled back and gently brushed his lips against her forehead. “Take care while I am gone.” He whispered and pulled away picking up his package and giving her a soft smile headed toward the ship.

Angel never made it to the ship, as two vampires emerged from behind some large cargo boxes. At the same time several rushed Faith, and she was unprepared. They managed to get in one good blow and send her over the railing and into the water.

Angel made a choice jumping over the railing he swam toward faith, leaving the final piece of the judge up on the dock.


Dru smiled wickedly as they lifted the last piece of the Judge from the table. Swaying her music to the music that played she closed her eyes twirling around and opened them just as the last piece was being put into place.

“I hope he is all you wanted pet.” Spike purred watching her excitement with a smile. A little mayhem always put that sparkle into her eye.

“Oh he is going to give me everything I want and more.” Dru smiled walking around behind Spike and sliding her hands over his shoulder and down his chest. “I will have to thank you properly for all my gifts later tonight.” Dru purred gently biting the lobe of his ear just as they set the last piece in place. And then a glow appeared at each seam, and the casing opened to reveal her present, and he was wonderful.

Faith and Angel slid into the warehouse that was Spike and Dru’s lair. They had met up with the scoobies to inform them of the impending rise of the Judge, and they were in research mode trying to find anything at all they could use against the thing.

Moving in the shadows on the walkway above the ground floor they could see the party below. Making their way to a spot where they could get a better view they stopped as something or rather a creature that’s skin was tinted blue and had small horns coming out of his head walked into their view. Spike was moving besides him, in his wheelchair.

Faith felt that same punch in the gut sensation consume her when she saw Spike even in a wheelchair he made her feel helpless. Taking a step backwards she calmed down as she found herself pressed up against Angel’s tight body.

The Judge stopped, “What is it Mate.” They heard Spike ask just as the Judge turned his head and looked right at them.

“We have to get out of here.” Angel whispered grabbing Faith’s arm they turned to flee only to find themselves flanked with no place to go.

As they were dragged before the Judge, Faith found her gaze not fixated on the creature that could kill with just a touch but the creature sitting in a wheelchair. Spike smirked as he saw that same fear in the Slayer’s gaze.

“Crashers!” He purred his gaze sliding up Faith’s body his gaze shifted to Angel who he knew saw the exchange and smiled.

“Delicious, I only dreamed you would come.” Dru growled softly gnashing her teeth together in a little bite.

“Leave her alone.” Angel demanded trying to shirk off the hold of the vampires grasping his arms. He had seen the look Spike had given Faith and it set a part of him off.

“Oh, yea like that’s gonna work, now say pretty please.” Spike smirked lifting a wine bottle to his lips.

“The girl,” the judge cut in he could sense the goodness within.

“It’s sickening isn’t it she’s just filled with good intentions?” Dru responded.

“Take me. Take me instead of her.” Angel managed to pull the two vampires with him and put himself between Faith and the judge.

“You don’t seem to get it mate, there is no instead there is only first and second.” Spike smiled pushing his wheelchair back to allow the judge more room to work.

“And if you go first, you won’t get the chance to see your slayer die.” Dru smiled moving back behind Spike as they jerked Angel back, leaving the path to the Slayer open for him.

As the judge moved forward Faith knew she couldn’t let him touch her.

“Don’t let him touch you.” Angel cried as began to struggle with the vampires holding him. As he watched the Judge near Faith for a moment she shifted into another girl who despite his destroying every picture he drew of her still haunted his dreams.

As the Judge extending his hand toward her Faith kicked out sending him stumbling backwards

Angel slipped out of their grasp and managed to reach pulley and yank it sending a pile TV’s that had been suspended above them crashing down on the judge.

“This way,” Faith cried motioning toward the gash in the floor near the fallen debris. They slipped out through floor, and made their way into the sewer system. They didn’t have time to talk because some of Spike’s minions were right behind them.

Faith had her arms clasped about herself as they finally managed to loose Spike’s vampires, and they ended up at Angel’s place. She was freezing if she hadn’t gotten soaked in the sewers she certainly would have in the pouring rain. Tonight the skies had opened up, and it didn’t look like it was going to let up.

“You’re shaking like a leaf.” Angel reached out gently rubbing faith’s arms then thinking better of it he moved his hands away. “Let me get you something.”

Faith watched Angel move toward a chest and missed the feel of his hands on her. Tonight she felt like nothing was the same when the judge had reached for her she had felt the same emotions rise up as the night Spike held her life in his hands. Right now she wanted to feel something anything at this point other than the fear of dying.

Angel pulled out some clothes holding them out to Faith. For the first time in a long time he felt shaken. When he thought he saw the lost Slayer standing before the judge a feeling of pure terror rose up inside of him and he found himself tapping into a strength he hadn’t know he possessed.

“Put these on and get under the covers, just to warm up.” Angel found himself staring at faith his thoughts about another girl intermingling with the reality standing before him.

As Faith moved past him he followed his gaze intent upon her as the thought about how he had almost let her die tonight, that another Slayer almost passed on because he hadn’t done his job protect her.

His gaze met faith’s as she pulled off her top, and he turned around giving her some privacy. “Sorry.” He mumbled just as a soft hiss escaped her lips.

“What’s wrong?” Angel asked closing his eyes because he already knew he could smell her blood.

“It’s alright, I just got cut I think.” Faith replied trying to get a glimpse of the wound.

“Let me take a look.” Angel responded turning around and moving toward the bed. He gently slid the strap of her camisole down over her shoulder to get a better look at the wound. His fingers gently trailed along her skin.

Closing his eyes he fought off the urge to lower his lips to the wound and taste her blood. The unique scent of a slayer was in the air, and he found himself trying to control himself and focus on the girl before him not the girl in his dreams.

Faith’s eyes fluttered closed as his fingers caressed the tender skin. Turning back toward him she saw his eyes were closed and she leaned up brushing her lips against his own.

At the brush of lips against his own, Angel lost control of the part him that wanted to feel, that wanted some type of release. His lips parted against the soft willing lips brushing against his, and allowed himself too become lost in the moment.

Faith felt the difference in his kisses, and felt desired and loved. As Angel lowered them to the bed for the first time she was consumed by the thought that someone was making love to her rather than just fucking her.

Faith laid beneath Angel’s body as he moved between her thighs she knew she would remember this night for the rest of her life.

Angel moved over slender and toned body, his hips rocking against her own. His mouth parted her tender lips tasting the soft gasps of pleasure that escaped them with each thrust of his hips. As Angel pulled back it wasn’t faith’s dark eyes that stared up at him, but sparkling green eyes and golden blond hair spilled over the pillow beneath her head. In that moment it wasn’t Faith who took him over the edge it was another.

Angel woke as a sudden sensation curled out from deep with him. A warm body was pressed against him and his gaze slid over Faith lying beside him with her back facing him. The sensation crept out again this time hitting him full force and he sat up gasping unnecessarily. Getting out of the bed he pulled on his pants. Not wanting to wake Faith up he left his place and headed outside just as other wave him so hard he ground his jaw together trying to control the pain and not give in.

It felt like something was tearing him up from the inside out. Stumbling away from the door he took a few steps before it tore loose and he was driven to his knees from the force, and he knew exactly what or rather who it was, Angelus. Just as Angelus forced himself out Angel felt himself being bound and chained and pulled into darkness.

Angelus leaned back on his heels a smile touching his lips as Angel was back where belonged on the sidelines.

“Are you okay?” Came a feminine voice and Angelus felt her approach until she stood just behind him.

“Oh, I am alright now.” Angelus smiled shifting as he turned and had the first real taste of blood in a long time. Angel’s choice of sustenance made him sick but the warm adrenaline laced blood was defiantly his drink of choice. Tossing the girl aside when he was done, he smirked heading toward his place.

As he headed home he wondered if he was going to kill the Slayer tonight or if he was going to play with her for a while. Who was he kidding it had been so long he defiantly was going to play.


Alec landed on the workout room mat with a sickening thud, just the latest in a series, and though he was feeling it throughout his body, he had never been happier. Elizabeth had woken up a few days ago ready to workout and she had quite literally kicked his ass over an over. Each day she became a little better than she had ever been before.

Always she had held back a little not entirely confident, but now she seemed comfortable in her own skin and ready to test the limits of her abilities.

“I think I need a break, that’s enough for today.” Alec sighed not getting up just glancing over at his sparring partner.

“I’ll hit the shower, and see if Helene would like to work on some spells.” Elizabeth sighed picking up a towel and tossing it over her shoulder and wiping of her face.

“I thought we agreed that you would lay off the magic for awhile.” Alec leaned up on his elbows, meeting her gaze.

“You decided, and I agreed but now I have decided that I want to learn more about magic. It’s a powerful tool, and what happens when I come up against something that I can’t fight with my fists or a weapon.” Elizabeth asked, “I want to be able to defend myself against all possible attacks.”

“Those who use magic tend to get lazy in other areas relying on it more than their strength and physical skills; I just don’t want that to happen.”

“Don’t worry it won’t.” Elizabeth walked out stopping at the kitchen on her way toward Helene’s workroom.

Sticking her head in the door she smiled seeing the woman bent over a caldron.

“What’s on the menu?” Elizabeth smiled, walking into the room actually what ever brew she was cooking up smelled good.

Helene smiled; she had backed off of Elizabeth because it was time for Elizabeth to develop her skills in other areas. Helene knew that one way or another Elizabeth would return to the magic’s they were calling to a part of her that the council snuffed out in most the Slayer’s but every so often one would come along with the natural talent like Elizabeth.

“Actually, it’s a secret recipe guaranteed to make me look at least 10 years younger.” Helene chuckled stirring the brew.

“I was hoping we could work on a few things today.” Elizabeth asked softly, looking longingly at the bottles on the shelves.

“I would love to, let me finish this and we can get started.”

“Great, let me just shower and I will be right back.” Elizabeth sprinted down the hall and quickly started the shower tossing off all her clothes and jumped in the shower. Normally she liked to enjoy her shower, but today she just wanted to do something she chose to do, not something someone else decided she needed to do.

Derek, walked inside their place and glanced around making sure Elizabeth was no where insight as he carried several boxes inside.

He quickly tossed the bags into his bedroom, and headed toward Alec. Walking into their office/library room he found Alec glancing through the pages of an ancient looking text.

“Did you get it?” Derek asked Alec.

“No, Helene picked it up for me while I we were training.” Alec smiled. “She has no idea.”

“Helene is going to suggest they go out for a little shopping, and dinner to give us time to get ready.”

“I just hope she likes it.” Derek leaned against the doorframe not to sure about the purchases he made that afternoon.

“They say it’s the thought that counts.” Alec replied chuckling at Derek’s nervousness.

Helen smiled, as they wrapped up their session. “Why don’t we have a girl’s evening out? We could do a little shopping, and pick up a bite to eat we haven’t done something like that in so long.”

Elizabeth smiled, “That sounds perfect, and it will give the guys sometime to themselves.”

Elizabeth smiled as she twirled around in the outfit she had purchased as they headed inside Wolfram and Hart. It was very trendy, and made her feel very sexy. The shirt was halter in style but really there was only a blood cream colored triangle of fabric in the front and it tied up in the back leaving most of her back bare. The skirt was not as risqué it was several shades of red and came up on one side revealing some thigh then falling down in draping fashion. To complete the outfit she purchased some strappy heels in a complimentary shade of red.

Helene suggested they stop at a salon and Elizabeth got her hair cut in a sassy little cut that brushed her shoulders and they did her makeup as well. After some teasing Elizabeth got Helene to do the same.

Elizabeth slid out of their SUV carefully and shut the door walking around the back and getting out the other purchases they made that day.

Lindsey pulled into his parking spot in the corporate parking garage. He pulled his phone from its cradle and switching it off of speaker as Alice was explaining the reason he was being called in so late in the evening. Though they never talked about it he wondered if Alice went home in the evenings because she was always the one who called him in when the shit hit the fan. Apparently something was happening that was rustling the feathers of the senior partners.

As he got out of his SUV his gaze was captured by a girl who twirled around her laughter filling the air as she carried several bags. His gaze traveled up her body as he walked in the same direction toward the elevator. She was exactly his type small and petite but there was nothing weak about her body toned, and she had the nicest ass he had seen in a long time. As he got closer he noticed the woman next to the girl, and the realization that he had just been checking out his Slayer hit him.

Elizabeth felt someone approaching and glanced over her shoulder to see a man in a suit with a phone attached to his ear. At first glance she dismissed him and glanced over at Helene who was having trouble with the bags.

“Let me help you.” Elizabeth reached out to take a few bags and Helene stopped moving to hand over a few and caught sight of Lindsey and dropped a few.

“Can I help?” Lindsey asked, giving Helene a warning look over the Slayer’s head while the girl was knelt down gathering up the bags.

“No, I’ve got them.” Elizabeth smiled glancing up and found the man she dismissed earlier was younger than she thought at first and a lot more attractive. “But thank you.”

Lindsey had seen her numerous times since that first night but never in person always through a monitor or thru two way mirrors. Up close and personal was dangerous he realized returning her smile, with one of his own. His gaze swept her beautiful face and he moved past her toward the elevator hitting the button. “I will see you in a minute.” He said before closing his phone and sliding it into his pocket.

Elizabeth glanced over at Helene who seemed uneasy. “Are you alright?” She asked.

“Fine, just a little tired.” Helene responded flicking a glance over at Lindsey wondering why he just hadn’t ignored them.

They entered the elevator and he glanced over at the girl besides him. “What floor?” He asked.

“Sub level 17.” Elizabeth smiled juggling her packages, noting that Helene moved behind her slightly. Elizabeth couldn’t help glancing over at the man besides her. Since she moved to Wolfram & Hart she seen quite a few employees, carried on a few conversations but that’s all nothing more.

“What department do you work in?” Elizabeth asked actually curious where he worked.

Lindsey glanced over at her surprised she asked, he knew that she usually kept to herself when she encountered other employees and never initiated conversations only responded when someone started one with her.

“Research,” Lindsey replied defiantly not about to tell the truth, research was a nice safe occupation at the firm.

Elizabeth nodded “That’s on 15 isn’t it?” she asked glancing away, he didn’t look like the research type more of a power executive but perhaps he was just one of those types who had an aura of power about them, and dressed for success.

The doors opened on their floor and Elizabeth moved to let Helene exit the elevator, and smiled up into blue eyes. “Maybe I will see you around.”

Lindsey smiled, “Perhaps.” He replied watching her walk away his gaze drawn to her hips as they swayed sexily and she wasn’t even trying. Hitting the pad for the Executive level he let out a sigh he shouldn’t have told her he worked on a floor she had access to. It also didn’t help that he had watched that sexy little sway of her hips the girl wasn’t even legal yet.

Walking out of the doors he stopped at Alice’s desk. “I need you to clear out an office on the research floor, and make sure it looks like I work there.”

Alice raised a brow but never questioned or asked for a reason she just did as she was told.

“The others are in the conference room the seers are there as well.” Alice held out a couple file folders and held out a cup of coffee, as well.

“Great, another apocalypse to avert, someone probably had a vision of an event not on the senior partner’s agenda.” Lindsey took the files and coffee giving Alice a grateful smile.

“Also, Ms Morgan called not to long ago I left the message on your desk.”

“Thank you.” Lindsey smiled flipping through the files getting the briefs on what the seers were capturing. As he reached his desk he didn’t bother glancing at the note. Lilah had been in Sunnydale only a few days and she had sent in detailed briefs each morning. Tapping into the demon population’s network of information had been very easy for his co-worker.

Picking up his phone he dialed her cell.

“I called over an hour ago you really should replace your geriatric assistant.”

“I am a little busy here what can I do for you.” Lindsey asked.

“Just wanted to let you know that Angel the vampire with a soul who took out the Master.” Lilah purred sitting down on her plush couch. In Sunnydale she was in charge and she was defiantly growing accustomed to it. “Well he no longer has a soul.”

“How did it happen?” Lindsey asked, walking to the window in his office and looking out at the city that even at the dead of night seemed alive.

“Not yet, there are a few rumors but nothing concrete I should have some more answers in the morning just thought this might be something you might want to know.”

“It is, I was called in tonight because the seers are having erratic visions about an apocalypse all they have been clear about is that it will go down in Sunnydale.”

Lilah smiled. “I will make sure I do my best to get the details and send them over ASAP.” If there was an apocalypse brewing in Sunnydale it might work to her advantage and get her back to the home office earlier than Lindsey had planned if she played her cards right.

Lindsey stretched his neck as he flipped open a few of the files before him, then glancing at the screen he flicked a few keys and was given access to the security system. A few seconds later he watched his Slayer laughing and hugging the family he had made for her. They were having a birthday party how quaint. Walking toward the bar in his office he poured a drink, he had forgotten it was her birthday. Sitting down he watched as she received gifts and then they had some cake. It was all very touching, and Lindsey shut the monitor off.

“Alice, arrange for a meeting tomorrow with Helene, Derek, and Alec tomorrow,” Lindsey spoke into the intercom.

“Yes sir.” Alice voice responded and he knew she would be calling downstairs right at that moment.

The touching little scene pissed him off more than it should have, he had been taking a behind the scenes approach with the Slayer perhaps it was time he got involved a little more.
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=9510