Dreams by Palerider
Summary: Buffy has been having dreams, prophetic dreams. But what prophecy could be to do with fertility Gods and naked Spike? WIP
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: No Word count: 1916 Read: 12586 Published: 06/17/2003 Updated: 11/07/2003

1. Dreams by Palerider

2. Part 2 by Palerider

3. Part 3 by Palerider

4. Part 4 by Palerider

5. Part 5 by Palerider

6. Part 6 by Palerider

7. Part 7 by Palerider

8. Part 8 by Palerider

Dreams by Palerider
Disclaimer: I don’t own them, I’m just having a bit of fun with them, they belong to Joss.
Rating: NC17 for adult themes and situations (well it will be when I can manage to write the sex scenes without cringing.)
Spoilers: Beginning of season 6.
Summary: Buffy has been having dreams, prophetic dreams. But what prophecy could be to do with fertility Gods and naked Spike?


Dreams

Chapter 1


Wanting.

Lips on her body.

Desperation.

Hands everywhere.

Need.

Hard thrusts into her body.

This has to work.

Screaming as fangs pierce her throat. Screaming as she climaxes.

Desperation.

Spike licking her throat.

Spike!

*******


Buffy awoke with a moan then a gasp. Spike??
The dream had been so clear, so vivid. Buffy knew that the only dreams that she had like it were prophetic dreams. Buffy snorted to herself, yeah, right; The Powers that Be wanted her to have sex with Spike. A sudden suspicion ran through her, could Spike somehow have made her have a dream about fantastic sex with him?

Whoa, fantastic? Where did that come from? But it didn’t explain the feeling of desperation that had been all around her.

"Giles you are going to love this one."

Buffy had already decided to leave some of the details out when she spoke to Giles but it seemed important that she tell him about the dream.

Buffy looked at the clock and got up; it was about time to get up and get dawn of to school anyway. She made Dawn’s lunch and made small talk with her until Xander arrived to take her to school, then headed over to the Magic Box to talk to Giles.

As Buffy entered the Magic Box, she saw Giles and Anya behind the counter, Willow and Tara were sitting at the table. God, is everyone I know here? Buffy plastered a smile on her face.

"Hi Giles, do you have a minute?"

"Of course, Buffy." He smiled at her expectantly.

"Um, could we talk in private?" Buffy asked, flushing a bit.

That, of course, got everyone's attention. Giles looked worried; Willow and Tara looked a bit concerned, and Anya just looked interested now.

"Oh crap." Buffy muttered and walked over to the table and sat down. Everyone would probably find out anyway.

"I had a dream." Buffy sighed; this was going to be embarrassing.

"Prophetic?" Giles asked

"Yeah, I think so anyway." Buffy replied.

Giles looked at her expectantly.

“Alright… look guys, this is embarrassing. I was having sex with... Someone; I know that sounds weird, but it was for a reason! There was such a feeling that surrounded me, us." Buffy spoke as fast as she could.

Everyone just stared at her for a minute until Giles broke the silence by clearing his throat.

"Right then. Well, I shall look into it; and don’t worry Buffy, you know as well as I that what transpires in your dreams doesn’t always come to pass." He tried to reassure her before walking over to his books.

"Was it someone you knew?" asked Willow.

"Err …yes." Buffy mumbled.

"It wasn’t Xander was it? Because you can’t have him." Anya said quickly.

"Look, it doesn’t matter who it was ‘cause it’s so not gonna happen!" Buffy sighed. She was just beginning to get used to being alive again, and Spike seemed to be the only person she felt comfortable with since she came back. So, of course, true to Buffy style, something had to go wrong.

***
As the sun set over Sunnydale hours later, Buffy sat in the Magic Box; Everyone was still looking up anything they could think of to explain this craziness. Well, everyone except for Dawn. Dawn had come to the Magic Box directly from school, and now she was in a foul mood because no one would tell her what they were researching.

An uneasy feeling crept up on Buffy, but she quickly brushed off any concern she felt. When hadn’t she felt uneasy since she had returned?

When she was with Spike.

Everyone was so busy, no one really noticed Buffy’s mood change; they didn’t notice when she stood up suddenly, her eyes fixed on the door; they didn’t notice the way Buffy’s eyes changed, the blue-tinged glow that emanated from them. What they did notice was the door being thrown open with such a force it rattled the walls; and the strange blue glow coming from the eyes of a very wild-looking Spike.

Buffy and Spike approached each other and began circling one another.

"Oh, hey! Spike’s gonna get his ass kicked! Again. What did you do this time Spike?" Xander almost rubbed his hands in glee.

"When did Spike get coloured contacts?" Willow watched the vampire warily.

No one expected what happened next.

Buffy launched herself at Spike, smashing her lips against his. Spike returned the kiss with equal ardour as the two of them began tearing at the clothes that separated them. Buffy’s top was ripped off in a blur, the material replaced with Spike’s lips as they attacked her breasts.

Xander stood, frozen for a second, and then ran toward the pair. He wasn’t sure what he was going to do, but he knew that Buffy must be being attacked by that animal.

Just as he had almost reached them, he was flung back by what seemed to be an invisible shield of some sort. Baffled, Xander turned to the others to see Giles standing in shock and Willow covering Dawn’s eyes.

"Everyone into the training room NOW!" Giles ushered everyone into the back; then he followed, murmuring, "Oh Buffy, you never said it was Spike...." as he closed the door.

Once everyone was in the back, Anya broke the silence.

"I want to go back in there. Obviously they’re not shy, so why can’t I watch?" Anya stated, rather annoyed.

Everyone ignored her. As the noises from the store became louder and more frantic, Giles looked around at the group, noticing that they were just as flushed as he felt. Then the noise rose to its crescendo with a scream from Buffy and a simultaneous roar from Spike.

"Right. They’ve finished having sex. Can I go back in there now?" Anya made a move towards the door.

"Just wait there please." Giles was curt in his response. He gently opened the door to the store and peeked his head in cautiously; what he saw nearly broke his heart. Buffy was now sitting on the floor with tears running down her face as she searched desperately for her clothes.
Giles asked one of the gang to hand him a towel from the shelves, then spoke quietly into the store.

"Buffy, I’m coming in. Ok?"

"No, no. Please don’t." Buffy’s voice hitched as she answered.

"It’s ok, I…er, won’t look." Giles entered the room sideways, holding his gaze away from the naked body of the Slayer that he had come to think of as his daughter. As he neared Buffy, he held out the towel, then turned his back as she took it from him and wrapped it around herself. Suddenly she hissed in pain as she tried to stand up.

Giles looked around at Buffy trying to rise and crouched next to her to help her up.

"Are you ok?" Giles asked carefully.
"Just a bit sore." Buffy’s blush was just a reaction to discussing anything remotely sexually related with Giles. Giles took in the marks on her legs and the obvious fang marks on her neck.

"Ah yes, well... What happened?" Giles didn’t want to push her but he had to know what on earth had just happened here. He looked at Spike still lying naked on the ground, apparently sleeping, and he wanted to kick him.

"I’m not entirely sure. I was just sitting there and I felt kind of weird, then boom I’m pawing at Spike. You know, I was still awake but… it was like I wasn’t in control of my body! I couldn’t help it Giles." Buffy blushed again, she really didn’t think that she had enough blood in her body to cover the blushing she was going to do because of this event.

"Hmm, possession maybe. Do you think this is what your dream was about?" Giles tried to casually carry on the conversation as if he hadn’t just seen things that should only be on night time TV.

"Definitely. I had the same feeling of desperation. No, wait! I didn’t mean it like that!" Buffy looked stricken.

"I know what you mean Buffy." Giles said soothingly.

Xander came out of the training room then, carrying another towel, interrupting any further discussion for the moment.

"For him," he explained as he nodded to the sleeping vampire. He leaned down and draped the towel over Spikes waist. Noticing Buffy’s surprised look, he added defensively, "What? Willow made me. Dawn’s out back going nuts because we won’t let her see Spike naked."

"I so am not!" Dawn’s muffled voice made him smile. She peeked around the door; when no one protested, she entered the store.

"And you know, your sister having sex with your crush kinda puts a dampener on the puppy love." Dawn smiled at Buffy.


"Puppy love? Crush? But I thought you liked...." Xander trailed off shaking his head.

The rest of the gang had followed Dawn into the store, and now stood around the sleeping vampire.

"What are we going to do with him? He can’t stay there, he’ll put customers off." Anya insisted, breaking the sudden, uncomfortable silence.

"I think we should stake him and get it over and done with. He attacked you." This, of course, from Xander.

"It wasn’t his fault, Xander, he had as much control over this as I did.” Buffy protested. “I’m going to move him into the training room...Actually, I’m going to get dressed first." She looked around for her clothes, then picked up her torn shirt. Holding it front of her, she sighed.

"We never have sex like that! Why not?" Anya smacked Xander in the ribs.

"Because I’m human... And, not possessed. You were possessed, right Buff?"

"Yes Xander, big possession." Buffy stared at the vampire on the floor.

"Here." Xander undid his shirt, shrugged it off and passed it to Buffy. She gripped it to her and retrieved her trousers that, thankfully, were still intact. She passed the gang as she hurried into the changing room where she dressed quickly, stopping when she caught a glimpse of herself in one of the mirrors on the wall.

She traced the bite mark on her neck with her fingers then gingerly touched the bruises that littered her thighs. Spike had done this to her; yet, strangely enough, she bore no ill will toward him; she had no desire to stake him. She had been conscious the entire time, but she had felt someone else's feelings too. Aside from the feelings of desperation, she had felt love. She had felt surrounded by love. And, in a strange way, it had been peaceful.

As she entered the shop, the gang was still standing around the vampire.

"How can he sleep through this?" Xander was tempted to kick him; he looked so peaceful and…well, dead.

"Well, from the sounds he was making, he is very satisfied. Very good sex always makes you fall asleep afterwards." Anya explained assuredly.

Buffy blushed again.

"Anyway, I'm going to move Spike. Will, Tara, could you please take Dawn up to the top of the shop. I don’t want anything being seen by accident." The look Buffy directed at Dawn cut off any of the teen’s arguments before she could voice them.

Buffy watched the two girls drag a sulking Dawn off and smiled. Then Buffy bent down and carefully lifted Spike into her arms as if he weighed nothing more that a child. She carried him into the training room, set him gently down onto the couch, and then covered the still sleeping vampire with a throw that had been draped over the back of the couch. He looked so innocent. As if it had a will of its own, her hand snaked out to softly brush a stray curl out of her new lover’s face.

She wasn’t quite sure how she was going to do deal with this
Part 2 by Palerider
Spike awoke feeling very relaxed and sated. He smiled sleepily, he must have had another dream. He opened his eye’s and blinked at his surrounding’s. Huh?

“Ah Spike, your awake. Good.” It was Gile’s who spoke, he quickly crossed the room to where Spike lay.

“Er, Rupert, why am I here, and why am I naked?” Spike pulled the blanket he was clutching closer to him.

“You don’t remember? What nothing?” At Spike shaking his head Giles carried on.
“That’s odd, just hold on for a minute I will be back shortly.” Giles left the training room leaving behind a very confused vampire.

***

“What do you mean he doesn’t remember?” Buffy asked confused. How could he not remember.

“That’s just it Buffy he doesn’t seem to remember anything of what transpired.” Gile’s explained gently.

“Why don’t you go and talk to him, he could be lying but I just don’t think that he is.” Gile’s sighed, he never had Buffy’s ability to tell when Spike was lying.

***

Buffy slowly made her way into the training room, half afraid of what might happen. She saw Spike clutching the blanket to him and smiled. Spike felt Buffy enter the room and looked at her. She looked ragged.

“What the fucking hell happened. And who did that to you, I’ll fucking kill 'em. Why am I naked? What happened?” Spike growled as his possessive streak emerged.

Buffy trembled with indecision. Should she tell him the truth or just leave it? He seemed so angry, she couldn’t face telling him. She took a deep breath and spoke.

“We were attacked. You got knocked out, you got covered in something so Gile’s stripped you and put you on the couch.” She held her breath, waiting for him to accuse her of lieing. She felt her guts churn at the lie’s.

“Did you kill it?” Spike felt the tension in the air, obviously he wasn’t going to be let in on what had happened.

“What? No. It got away.” Buffy’s stomach was a mass of knots.

“I have to go.” Spike watched her flee, he sat back and ran a hand through his hair. Just what the fuck was going on? What had done that to Buffy. She had a mark on her neck, it had been covered by a bandage but something just kept pulling at Spike.

***

It happened twice more before Giles had been able to discover a ritual for summoning whoever was causing the possession. The only snag was that he could only contact them while the possession was active. So he had informed Buffy and Spike that they had to stay and sleep in the training room at the Magic Box.

“Giles, this is getting ridiculous. I have to sleep here now? And Spike is so not buying my lame excuses anymore. He keeps asking me why he wakes up naked with me, battered and bruised. He’s even asked around the demon community and of course no one has seen or heard anything of the imaginary demon. I’m going to have to tell him the truth.” Buffy sighed.

She had begun to enjoy her private moments with Spike, not just the sex part, but watching him sleep. The feeling of peace and love that surrounded her. She hadn’t felt at peace for a long time and it comforted her in ways she didn’t understand. Also, although she knew it was stupid, but Buffy felt as if another presence was within her body. As if she was pregnant. She quickly squashed any thoughts of baby’s let alone mini Spikes. That wasn’t going to happen so why dwell?

Spike never said anything, not even when they had met at her home and come together. Of course when he woke up Buffy was dressed and he was naked again, but she had covered him with a blanket and lay down next to him and fallen asleep.

When Spike awoke snuggled next to her, he hadn’t moved or woken her up. He went back to sleep and when he had woken again she was gone.

Spike arrived at the Magic Box and the room was silent as he entered. Something was going on and no one was telling him anything.

“Ah Spike, your here. We have decided that it would be best if you and Buffy were to stay here just in case the er.. Demon comes back.” Giles looked away from the vampire as he finished his sentence.

“Sod that, something is going on and I want to know what. I wake up, naked I might add, the slayer looks as if she met with a master vampire who wiped the floor with her, and no one is telling me shit. I’m not doing anything until I get some answers.” Spike crossed his arms to emphasize his point.

Giles just looked at Buffy, she in turn sighed.

“Ok Spike, I was going to tell you tonight anyway, come and sit down.” Buffy sat at the table and Giles scurried of to look at some books.

Spike sat opposite the slayer waiting.

“Well, you see what happened is...” Buffy trailed of when she looked at Spike and saw a blue glaze cover the Vampire’s eye’s.
“...oh never mind, GILES!” Buffy got the shout out just in time before the glaze covered her own eyes.

Giles rushed to finish the arrangement for the ritual, desperately trying to ignore the two in front of him who had got on to the table now.

“....let the veil be lifted.” Giles finished the incantation and had to shield his eyes from the bright light that flashed. When he lowered his hand, his eye’s settled on two figures, a male and a female, whose eyes were staring lovingly at the couple on the table.

“Er.. Hello.” Giles coughed gently

The figure’s turned to face him surprised.

“How is it that you see us?” The male asked.

“I summoned you to find out why...” He trailed off gesturing at the vampire and slayer that were making love on his table. “...that is, I am the girl’s watcher and I need to know why you have possessed them.”

“We need a child.” The female answered sadly.

“What? He is a vampire, he can’t sire children and you can’t just go around making strangers have sex for you. It’s like rape.” Giles answered angrily.

“You misunderstand; we can only enter those who have an emotional attachment? Is that the right word?” The female looked at her partner for confirmation. When he nodded she continued.

“We are not of this plane, our world will be doomed if we do not have this child. You do not know what risks we took to do this.” The female glanced and the pair on the table again.

“But why those two, you could have picked anyone who was already in a relationship....”

Giles trailed off as the noises from the table grew more intense. He stared at his feet and blushed as he heard Buffy moan, then Spike growl. The two slumped on the table and Giles continued.

“I mean why these two out of the entire world?”

“We were limited, it had to be someone strong enough to take the mating and be compatible to carry the child.”

Giles gasped.

“You mean Buffy is going to have your child?”

“No, she will just carry the child until it is safe for me to transfer it.” The female glanced at the table, Buffy had sat up, grateful for the blanket that Giles had put on the chair. She wrapped it around her self and spoke to the figures before her.

“Are you the ones doing this to me and him?”

The female of the figures looked puzzled.
“You should have no memory of what occurs, I do not understand how you can know this.” The female raised a hand towards Buffy and took a step forward. A glow emanated from her hand before she gave a knowing nod.

“You have had something erased from your memory before this, which is why it does not work.”

“What? What have I had erased?” Buffy looked doubtingly at the female.
“I may not tell you. What about your mate? Does he have a memory of this?” The female answered simply.

“No.” Buffy sighed. “Just me. So who are you and why are you doing this to me?”

The female hesitated, the spoke.

“Our names would mean nothing to you as they are not known here, you may call me Lillis, we were once worshiped as a fertility deity. Our line was what you might call cursed. We had made the mistake of thinking lust was love and our family dwindled, children were no longer sired. As the leader of our people the fertility of our race depends on ours, if we do not have a child then no one will and our race will be doomed.” The female wiped at tears that had fallen.

“I have explained to your friend and explained that we needed to infuse you with our essence so that you may carry a child for us until it was grown enough to transfer to my own womb.”

Buffy gasped and her hand flew to her stomach.
“I’m pregnant?” She whispered.

“You were never to know, we came tonight to collect the child.” The male answered.

The female approached Buffy; she raised a hand to Buffy’s stomach and slowed as Buffy flinched.

“Is the baby mine?” Buffy whispered again.

“No, the child is not of your body, it just needed some where strong and safe to grow.” The female raised her hand again as she saw Buffy relax and move to stand in front of her.

The females hand began to glow as she place one hand over Buffy’s stomach and one hand over her own.

Buffy felt such unbearable loss as she felt the presence disappear. Indescribable heartache filled her as she felt tears spill onto her face. She sank to her knees and sobbed, the emotions taking over her body.

The female backed away to whisper to her partner, he looked a bit surprised at what ever she had whispered but nodded and walked over to the sleeping vampire.

Buffy stood up, still crying as the female approached her again smiling.

“You will never know what you have done for us, so I will give you this gift, but be sure it is what you want. Also, I know that you are a warrior, and are hardly ever likely to need our help, but if you ever do, then it is yours.” She raised he hand again to Buffy’s stomach and a light flowed into Buffy.

Buffy was instinctively drawn to the table again, where Spike lay.

The male figure back away smiling gently, Spike opened his eye’s and looked at Buffy from beneath the blue glow that still resided there and raised his arms to pull her to him.

Buffy vaguely heard the female address Giles.

“We understand that you collect knowledge, you may talk with us a while.” And they led him away from the Slayer and the vampire.

Buffy was aware of another presence in her body again, obviously by the way Spike’s eye’s were still glowing the same could be said for him, but she had more awareness herself this time. She let herself be pulled down onto the table again and met Spikes lips in a kiss; he climbed over her legs and came to rest cradled there. He gently eased himself into her and they began to rock.

They moved together for what felt like an eternity for Buffy, at last she felt her climax approaching but it was like nothing she had ever felt before, the intensity of it made her want to scream, then Spike lowered his mouth to her neck and she felt his fangs pierce the tender flesh there.

It was too much; she gave into it and welcomed the darkness that followed.

And that was how Spike awoke.

With his fangs embedded in the Slayer’s neck, and his cock embedded in her core, shooting his seed into her. Spike tore himself away from the Slayer’s unconscious body and stared in terror at what he had done.

It had been him. All the times he had questioned her. He had been the one hurting her.

All this time.

He had raped her.

Spike grabbed his clothing quickly pulling it on, and then he did the only thing he could do.

He fled.
Part 3 by Palerider
About six months later.



Buffy backed through the Hyperion doors, dragging her bags.

Cordelia watched in some amusement, before speaking.

“What gives with the dragging? It’s not like you’re a wimp.”

Buffy smiled at the voice before turning around and putting a hand onto her swollen stomach. She laughed out loud at Cordy’s face. Cordy just sat there with her mouth open.

Buffy was pregnant.

“Ok. You know when I called you. You could have said something.” Cordelia managed to get it out. What is it with people or vampire’s I know having babies? She shook the thought away and went to help Buffy with her bags.

“Where is he? And why did you call?” Buffy asked curiously.

“Look I don’t know what's going on, ok? Mainly because no one will tell me anything, but Spike is really suffering. He arrived here about six months ago, tore through the doors, fell to his knee’s, offered his blood to Angel in what I can only assume is some freaky vampire thing, and BEGGED for help.” Cordy sighed at the memories.

“Angel won’t tell me what happened; Spike doesn’t talk to anyone but Angel. But hey you know, vampire brooding? I knew you’d be somewhere in the mix. Anyway why are you pregnant? I mean who’s the daddy? Do I know him? Is he hot?” Cordy finished off with a smile.

“Its Spike’s baby, don’t ask. Vampire’s can’t have babies, yadda, yadda, yadda.....”

Cordy interrupted Buffy.

“Have you spoken to Angel recently?” When Buffy shook her head in answer, Cordy sighed. “You’d better sit down for this one.”

******

Buffy was speechless, Angel was having a baby. With Darla. Another Vampire. She looked at Cordy’s worried face and couldn’t help the giggle that escaped. As Cordy's face became more concerned, the giggle had erupted into full blown, hysterical laughter.

“I’m fine Cordy, I’m not going loopy, but you have to admit it’s kind of funny. The powers have a really weird sense of humour.” The laughter subsided and Buffy noticed the sad look on Cordelia’s face. Suddenly the penny dropped.

“Have you told him?” Buffy asked the girl sitting next to her.

“Told who what?” Cordelia plastered a fake smile on her face.

“Angel. That you love him?” Buffy asked again softly.

“Please. Love him?” Cordy saw the look on Buffy’s face and felt tears well in her eyes.

“No. He’s oblivious, I could whack him with a sign and I still don’t think he’d get it.” Cordy let out a sigh of relief, she didn’t really have anyone she could talk to about it. But it definitely felt weird talking to Buffy about Angel.

Buffy noticed Cordelia’s discomfort and guessed the source.

“We’re different people now, I still love him, and I always will I suppose, but not in the way you think. Besides, I’m knocked up by his stupid grandchild, the fucker left me and I think that I love him.” This time it was Buffy’s eye’s that filled with tears.

“Well then, we’d better go see him.” Cordy got up from the couch and straightened her clothes.

“He’s at this bar with Angel, he spends a lot of time there, your going to love it....”

********

Buffy entered the bar, Caritas. As she made her way down the stairs her slayer senses began to scream. The place was full of demons. Her mind and body were screaming for her to protect herself and to kill everything in the room.

She took a deep breath to steady herself, and wondered vaguely if this is what homicidal maniacs felt like. She was going to have to trust Cordelia’s judgment on this.

And then she felt him. At the same time some music started up and his soft voice filled the room.

It's Been Awhile
Since I could hold my head up high
And it's been awhile
Since I first saw you

Buffy made her way around the bar so that she could see him.

And it's been awhile
Since I could stand on my own two feet again.
And it's been awhile
Since I could call you.

His soft voice sent chills through her body.

And everything I can remember
Is fucked up as it always seemed
The consequences that I've rendered
I've stretched myself beyond my means

As she listened to the words of the song he had chosen, tears welled in her eye’s and her head began to spin. She pulled out a chair nearest to her and sat down.

And it's been awhile
Since I can say that I wasn't addicted
And it's been awhile
Since I can say I love myself as well
And it's been awhile
Since I've gone and fucked things up just like I always do
And it's been awhile
But all that shit seems to disappear when I'm with you

As Buffy watched Spike sing she saw tears pouring down his face.

And everything I can remember
Is fucked up as it always seemed
The consequences that I've rendered
I've gone and fucked things up again

Why must I feel this way
Just make this go away
Just one more peaceful day

Buffy was so entranced with Spike singing that she didn’t notice a green demon with horns, and a very well tailored suit pull out a chair at sit beside her. Neither did she notice Angel staring at her while Cordy talked to him.

It’s been awhile
Since I could look at myself straight
And it's been awhile
Since I said I'm sorry
And it's been awhile
Since I've seen the way the candle lights your face
And it's been awhile
But I can still remember just the way you taste

Buffy watched Spike’s face twist into what looked like torment.

And everything I can't remember
Is fucked up as it always seemed to be, I know it's me
I cannot blame this on my father
He did the best he could for me
And it's been awhile
Since I could hold my head up high
And it's been awhile
Since I said I'm sorry

By the end of the song Buffy was openly sobbing. She didn’t know exactly why, but she knew Spike was hurting and it broke her heart.

“Thank God you’re here, he needs you..” A voice interrupted her thoughts. She turned to face the green demon that had spoken. Tears were streaming down the demons face as well.

“I’m sorry I have to go see....” She trailed of and stood up as she tried to make her way through the packed bar, a demon bumped into her roughly. Buffy found her balance but the demon looked as if he wanted to do some serious harm to her. Her first instinct was to protect her child.

*******

Spike had felt her enter the bar, but wasn’t sure if it was real or just another dream. What was it this time? Forgiveness or staking. His mind had come up with so many scenario's it was hard to keep track. As his song had finished and he was left feeling empty again he raised his eye’s to find her. Let the judgment come.

All he could see was her back. All he could see was a huge demon towering over her.
Before his mind caught up with his body, Spike had launched himself off the stage towards the demon that was going to hurt the one person he would never allow anyone to hurt again.

The crowd was utterly stunned as the vampire left the stage in a blur of speed and had his hands around the demons head in an instant. He twisted sharply and felt the neck break under his hands. As he dropped the dead demon he came eye to eye with Buffy.

Spike fell to his knee’s, cradled his head in his hands trying to block out the memories of what he had done.

Buffy watched in horror, she lowered herself to her knee’s in front of the weeping Vampire and reached out to take his hand. She was grateful that he was pliant. She kissed his palm and reached out one of her own hands to gently stroke his face..

“Spike? I don’t know what happened, Spike. Please look at me. Spike please.” Buffy was sobbing by this stage.

She heard vague snatches of conversation around her.

“.... How? ... No violence spell?”
“... Raw emotion....”
“.... Baby? I thought vampires couldn’t reproduce...”

Cordelia decided that enough was enough.
“Angel go get Spike, I’ll get Buffy, I think we need to get them out of here.” Cordy was already moving, not waiting for an answer. She gently put her arms under Buffy and pulled her to her feet.

“Come on Honey, we’re going to get you back to the hotel.” As she noticed Buffy trying to twist around looking for Spike, Cordy soothed her.

“It’s ok, Angel’s got him.”

Back at the hotel Buffy was settled on a couch with Spike laying on it, his head cradled in her lap. She looked up at Angel and spoke.

“What happened?” Buffy spoke softly

“I don’t know, he turned up here, offered himself to Sire’s mercy, which is no small thing. All he would say is that he hurt you. But by the looks of things you don’t seem hurt Buffy. You seem very pregnant. So that leads to the question, why are you so worried about Spike and why is his head in your lap?” Angel hadn’t meant for it to come out like that but by the end of the sentence he was shouting.

Buffy closed her eyes and when she opened them again she saw the heavily pregnant Darla making her way down the stairs.

“Ah yes, Mr. Judgmental. I see that your pregnant vampire girlfriend has returned, so sorry, I think you just fell off your high horse.” Buffy turned her face back to Spike and ran her fingertips across his face.

“Spike, what happened? Why did you leave?” Try as she might she couldn’t conceal the hurt in her voice.

“I... I hurt you. I.....raped you.” Spike’s voice was tiny as tears rolled down his face again. He curled away from Buffy.

“He WHAT.....” Angel nearly screamed. He surged towards the blonde intent on violence.

Buffy met the dark haired vampire half way with an uppercut; her fist caught him beneath the chin and sent him sprawling backwards. She may well be pregnant, but she was still the slayer and she was still stronger than Angel.

“Don’t touch him; you don’t know what's going on here so stay out of it.” She steeled her heart to the Vampire who was sprawled across the floor with nothing but hurt in his eyes.

She turned back to the couch where Spike lay, his back was still to the room.

“What makes you think that you raped me?” Buffy asked gently. Was it this that had him so broken?

“All the times I woke up, not knowing where I’d been and you’d told me you’d been attacked by a demon. It was me wasn’t it? I woke the last time I saw you and you were unconscious, blood dripping down your throat, naked with me buried to the hilt inside you. All those times you’d been hurt, it was me. I’d hurt you.” Spike curled up tighter and hoped for a quick staking.

“Spike, it was a spell, well not quite. More of a possession. There were these couple of demons or Gods or whatever; they needed us to have a baby for them. Neither of us should have remembered it, but I did. She told me it was because I’d had something or some time erased from my life before, so she couldn’t do it again.” Buffy smiled a small smile at the tiny glimmer of hope that she thought she saw run through Spike’s body.

“It wasn’t your fault Spike, I was going to tell you the truth on that last night but everything happened so quickly and then you were gone. The only reason I knew you were here is because Cordy called me.”

“What? Oh don’t give me that look. He needed help, more than you could give him.” Cordy brushed off any objections that Angel might have had.

Spike turned on the couch and came face to face with a kneeling slayer in front of him.

“Those people.... They took our baby?” Spike didn’t care if he sounded ridiculous. He loved this tiny blonde girl in front of him, they’d made love and he hadn’t known, he was damned if he was going to let someone take away a child that was theirs as well. Spike looked puzzled at the slayer in front of him as she lowered her head and her shoulders shoulders starting shaking. Oh God, she was crying. He frowned again and she raised her head, she was laughing? Why was she laughing?

“Spike have you looked at me?” Buffy stood up and turned sideways so Spike could get a look at her in profile.

Spike’s mouth fell open. She was pregnant! Buffy was pregnant with his baby.

“How?” Was all he could out.

“They offered me a gift and I accepted it.” Buffy smiled as Spike pulled her to him and hugged her fiercely.
Part 4 by Palerider
“Somebody better tell me what the fuck is going on!” The hug was interrupted from a roar from Angel.

Buffy stared at him for a moment, then pulled away from Spike and folded her arms across her chest.

“Spike and I were possessed; we helped a couple have a baby. Now we’re having a baby. Do you have a problem with that?” Buffy’s voice was very low.

“Do I have a problem with that?” angel repeated the question with a incredulous look.

Cordelia backed away, shaking her head.

“That’s what I asked, do you, the person who fucked your dead sire, got her pregnant and obviously didn’t give a flying fuck about your soul, have a problem with it.” Buffy spat out between gritted teeth. But Angel was oblivious.

“Buffy, it wasn’t like that…” Angel began.

“I don’t want to hear it, you dare to stand there and demand things from me. You lost all rights to me when you left me. What about the people who love you? Did you just think ‘fuck it; letting loose Angelus really isn’t that big of a deal.’ Did you even think about them?” Buffy was seething by this point.

“Buffy this wasn’t about you…” angel pointed out but Buffy cut him off.

“I’m not talking about me, you egotistical prick, I’m talking about the new people in your life. I’ve made my life in Sunnydale, I’ve moved on. And let me tell you something now, this child was conceived in love and so help me God, if you say one more thing I will hurt you.” Buffy spat.

She softened as Spike stood up next to here and pulled her into an embrace. Then she was crying, great heaving sobs. Spike cradled her as they sank to the floor, whispering soft comforts.

“I’m sorry; I think I’m a bit hormonal.” Buffy smiled at the huge smirk on Spikes face.

“Great, a hormonal slayer and vampire under one roof, I really don’t get paid enough for this.” Cordy muttered to herself.

“Spike, go get your stuff, we’ll go to a hotel.” Buffy stated once the tears had subsided.

“No way, you’re staying here, we have plenty of room.” Cordelia cut off any arguments before they could be voiced.

“Okay, do you think you could show us to our room?” Buffy asked, picking herself up off the floor. She went to get her bag but Spike got there first.

“I’ve got it luv.” Spike looked at her with awe.
And with that Buffy walked out of the room without a backwards glance.



Spike hovered around Buffy as she sat on the bed. Asking her if she was comfortable and generally making a fuss. Buffy kicked off her shoes and slid back against the head board of the bed.

“Spike, I’m pregnant, not sick. I’m fine, although there is one thing you can do for me.” Buffy spoke first with exasperation, then her voice softened.

“Anything.” Spike answered instantly.

“I just want to talk for a while, you must have a few questions, so how about you come and sit down with me and I’ll tell you everything.”

About an hour later Buffy finished her story and waited for a response from the vampire.

“So, we’re going to have a baby.” Was all he said.

“That’s it, your not upset or anything?” Buffy asked curiously.

“Why would I be upset? I love you and you’re giving me the one thing I thought I could never have. It’s the most precious thing I could ever hope to receive.” Spike spoke earnestly, trying to swallow the lump in his throat.

“You love me? Still?” Buffy asked quietly.

“Of course I love you; I’m not that easy to get rid of.” Spike chuckled a bit then added.
“Well aside from the last six months. So how do you want to do this? I want to be part of the baby’s life and will accept whatever terms you offer.”

Buffy stared at him, he was willing to take whatever she would give him. Buffy swallowed the lump in her own throat before speaking.

“Well if it’s okay with you, I’d like you to be a part of my life too, you know, like a family?” she watched the shock register on his face.

Spike shook his head the resisted the urge to dig a finger into his ear, just to make sure they were clear and he had heard right. She wanted to be a family. Overwhelmed by the thought of it he grabbed her into a fierce embrace and just as quickly let her go.

“I’m sorry… I just..” he trailed of not really knowing what to say.

Buffy just smiled at him and stood up and stepped away from the bed.

Spike cursed himself for being so stupid, now he had ruined it, he hung his head.

Buffy looked at the vampire and smiled slightly, he was nervous. Well she wasn’t.

Buffy pulled her top off over her head and unfastened her skirt and let it fall to the floor. He still wasn’t looking up.

“There’s something else you can do for me Spike, if you don’t mind that is.”

“Anythi…” Spike began the automatic response but it died on his lips as he raised his head and saw the Slayer standing before him in her underwear. He stared at her swollen stomach, her swollen breasts and her radiant skin, and he had never seen anything more beautiful.

Buffy hid the smile that threatened to form at Spikes reaction to her. Not wanting to push him to fast, she approached the bed again and lay down on her side facing away from him.

“My back is a bit sore, would you mind rubbing it?” Buffy tried to keep the huskiness out of her voice and hoped that she managed it.

“S..sure.” Spike stared at her back incredulously, he adjusted his raging hard on as he moved closer behind her, cursing himself for thinking about sex at a time like this.

Buffy sighed as Spike’s hands began to rub her back, she was enjoying it but wanted to get to the point of her plan.

“That’s nice, could you do my shoulders as well? Just unclip my bra, you don’t mind doing it, do you, I’m just so sleepy.” There was not a trace of tiredness in her voice but what else could she say?

As his shaking hands unfastened the offending article Buffy moved her arms so that it slid down them. Spike suppressed a groan as the swell of her breasts showed when the bra slid down. He shifted to accommodate his erection but nothing work so he lay down behind her and continued to rub her back with one hand.

Buffy could have sighed with impatience, the old Spike she knew wouldn’t have let this opportunity pass, and she was damned if she would.
She let her bra slid to the floor and scooted back against him, feeling him stiffen slightly, his hand halting on her shoulder.

She reached out with one hand and pulled his hand around her body to cup her breast, she used her own hand over his to massage it while she wiggled her behind into his erection, happy to see that he was as ready as she was.

“If hints were anvils, you’d be dead.” She chuckled.

Spike let out a groan and began to massage her breast himself, Buffy let her hand fall away as he touched her, hissing in pleasure as he ran a finger over her nipple.

Spike kissed his way up her neck, as his fingers pulled at her nipple and as he ground his hard on into her behind. He let his hand fall away from her breast and smiled at the whimper Buffy gave, he trailed it down her side to her underwear, he pulled at them and left her back to get off the bed and take them off. Buffy helped to slide her underwear off and Spike knelt before her and laid a gentle kiss on her stomach.

“Buffy are you sure about this?” Spike asked carefully, he’d be crushed if she changed her mind, but he had to know.

“Yes, I’m sure. Now come back here and make love to me.” Buffy smiled at him.

Spikes heart raced in his chest.
“How do we do this… I don’t want to hurt you or the baby.” Spike ran a hand through his hair; he didn’t think he had ever been this nervous before.

“Well, all the books say from behind is more comfortable, so let’s try that. For starters…” Buffy giggled at the shocked expression on Spikes face. Oh yeah, she had six months to make up for, and she was going to get her moneys worth.

Buffy shifted so that she was kneeling in front of the bed, with just her arms and chest resting on it, Spike moved slowly behind her and reached out a hand to touch her. He stroked her back and slid his hand down to her backside.

He caressed it before sliding a hand between her thighs. Buffy let out an impatient sigh and spoke sharply.

“No foreplay Spike, I need you now, hard and inside of me.”

A wave of desire crashed through Spike as he knelt behind her and positioned himself at her wet opening and slid into her in one thrust. He hissed in pleasure, then immediately felt bad for forgetting that Buffy was pregnant. But Buffy let out a moan of pleasure and it chased any doubts away.

As he rocked in and out of her Buffy nearly let out a sob and the feeling of rightness that had settled over her. She couldn’t help the sob that escaped as she felt her desire rise and her body started to tighten. Spike felt her muscles flutter around his cock and tried to stay in control. He reached a hand around to stroke her clit, and was rewarded as Buffy came instantly. As her body gripped him he lost control and came with a roar, pushing into her in one final thrust.

Buffy lay slumped leaning over the bed, panting.

“Next time, we try it laying down, gravity’s against me here.” Buffy rubbed her stomach.

“Are you okay?” Spike asked as he withdrew from her.

“I’m fine, although now I think I want a kiss.” Buffy smirked a little when she said it and Spike laughed out loud.
Part 5 by Palerider
A few hours later, Spike eased himself out of bed and made his way downstairs. He padded barefoot and shirtless into the main hotel lobby. Everyone was sitting in the lobby, most of them with a book in hand.

He made his way over to Cordelia and flopped down in a chair next to her.

“That woman is insatiable, I’m knackered.” He exclaimed, when Cordy didn’t reply he raised his eye’s to meet hers and encountered nothing but a raised eyebrow.

“Ok, I love it! She’s insatiable and she wants me!” He couldn’t keep the goofy grin off his face or the delighted smile that it settled into.

Cordy just laughed at him, happy that at least one vampire was getting some.

“Seriously though, Luv, I think I owe you big thanks. You called her right?”
Spike looked at Cordy with what she thought looked like eternal gratitude.

“Well I knew that it had to be something to do with her.” Cordy answered with a grin, then reached out and patted Spikes hand.

Spike looked around the lobby, and spoke.

“So what are you guys looking for? I see the books and the people reading intently and suddenly it makes me homesick for good old Rupert and Sunnydale.”

Cordelia snorted at him and shook her head.

“Six damn months you’ve been here, and now you notice that we’re researching?”

Spike chuckled and stretched his arms above his head.

“I’m feeling very aware at the moment; my life’s taken a turn.” He still had the goofy grin and Cordy felt happy for him.

“Where’s the grand poof?” spike asked after searching the room for Angel.

“He’s brooding where else? Spike leave him alone, this has really hurt him.”
The worry rang out in Cordy’s voice.

“Don’t worry cutie, I need to sort this out with him, we won’t kill each other. Just talk.” He chuckled again as Cordy just gestured up the stairs and rolled her eyes. Spike made his way up the stairs to find his grandsire.

****


Buffy had woke as Spike had tip toed out, she would have loved to have stayed in bed but she was awake now, that and she needed to pee. After she had finished in the bathroom she quickly dressed and left her room. She had thought she would go look for Spike but she had a nagging feeling that she should go talk to Angel first, and apologize for going postal on him.

She made her way up to the next floor of the hotel and was walking down the corridor when she heard singing coming from a room. She edged up to the room and found the door open, she looked inside and found Darla sitting on the bed, rubbing her stomach and singing softly.

“Do you mind if I come in?” Buffy didn’t know why she wanted to go in but at that moment she felt an instant kinship with the pregnant vampire.

“Not at all, please.” Darla smiled and sat up straighter on the bed.

“One thing straight, you try to eat me and I will kick your ass.” Buffy stated simply. At Darla’s nod she went over and sat on the bed.

“How are you?” Buffy asked gently.

“Oh you know, pregnant with hell spawn of some kind. And you?” Darla inquired flatly.

“You don’t know that. Your baby has a soul; I don’t think it’ll be evil.” Buffy felt uneasy.

“Do you think my baby is human?” Buffy asked suddenly and shifted when Darla just looked at her.

“What? Every time I mention the possibility it might not be to anyone I get beaten down with ‘Of course it is’ and ‘Don’t be silly’. You have no reason to lie to me, you don’t even like me and your pretty much in the same boat.”

Buffy waited for Darla to answer, half dreading what she might say.

“I think that your baby is more likely to be human, from what I can gather you chose to have it, didn’t you? Now mine, I have done everything I can think of to get rid of it and the little fucker is still there. So I would say that mine is definitely not human.” Darla trailed of with a bitter laugh.

“Darla, why would you want to get rid of it?” Buffy asked, shocked.

“Buffy, I’m a four hundred year old Vampire, who has spent the last four centuries wreaking havoc and loving every minute of it. I lost Angelus, then I got the chance to get him back again. I slept with him and he didn’t have a moment of true happiness that apparently is only for you.” Darla chuckled bitterly again before continuing.

“What would I do with a child? What would I want with a child? And you know the really shitty thing? I have feelings at the moment, I love this baby with all of my heart and I can only feel it because of the baby’s soul. That’s what’s causing me to feel love, so what’s going to happen when it comes out? I’m probably going to want to eat it. That’s why I don’t want it.” Darla finished her tirade and tears fell freely down her face.

Buffy overcome with emotion reached for Darla and pulled her into an embrace. Darla hugged at her fiercely and Buffy whispered soothing words, promising herself to speak to Angel about this, there must be something that they could do.

***


Spike found Angel in his room, staring out of a window.

“I’d love to tell you I’m sorry, but I’m not. I love her.” Spike spoke quietly from the door.

Without turning Angel answered.

“And she apparently loves you.”

Spike walked further into the room glancing around, taking in all the things that were his Grand sire. The books, the paintings and the sketches. Most of the rough sketches were of a certain pushy brunette and Spike smiled to himself, wondering if Angel knew what he was even doing.

“What bothers you more? The fact she’s with me, or the fact that’s she’s not with you? Spike asked bluntly.

“I don’t know, I honestly don’t know. I suppose I always thought that me and Buffy… well one day… maybe…I just don’t know.” Angel finally turned, and looked at Spike.

“Things have changed, your going to have a child now. You have a different life here.” Spike pointed out reasonably.

“I know all this Spike, but she’s having a child to, with you. I just can’t help feel that it could have been me. It could be us that are having a child that wasn’t made in a moment of desperation. I don’t love Darla, not like that anymore. And look at the two of you, your going to be a family. I guess I’m jealous.” Angel let out an unneeded sigh.

Spike was taken aback by Angel’s honesty; his heart nearly ached for him.

“If you remember, I was unconscious for the conception of my baby so I think I’ve got you beat on that one.” Spike smiled as Angel let out a little chuckle.

“Angel I really don’t think you realize what you have in your life. Your going to be a father, you know what it means, something that you were never supposed to have has happened for some reason or another and you should be damn grateful for it, God knows I am. Also you have a family, people who love and respect you. But above all that you have someone who loves you for who and what you are. You’re just to busy brooding about what you haven’t got to see it.” Spike let a little bit of anger sound in his voice.

Angel’s eye’s widened comically, well so spike thought.

“Yes mate, she love’s you. And not like a brother way.” Spike laughed out loud as Angel spluttered a bit.

“You really think she loves me?”

“Stroke your own ego. Now what are you going to do about it? I think…. Can you hear that? Someone’s crying….” Spike trailed of as he turned to the door and headed out.
Part 6 by Palerider
Chapter 6

Spike halted before the open door, and held his arm out to stop Angel as well. He listened for a moment, it was Darla who had been crying, but Buffy’s voice was thick with emotion. Spike thought about the situation for a minute and decided the best way to approach it. He waved for Angel to go on downstairs.

He walked into the open door and spread his arms wide and announced

“Your love slave is here, how may I serve you?” He had a huge grin on his face; yep humour was the way to go.

Buffy smiled as she looked at him, he was obviously trying to lighten the mood.

Darla let out a chuckle.

“You were always so good at that Spike.” Darla wiped her eye’s.

The smile dropped off Buffy’s face as realization hit.

“You slept with her?” Buffy asked sharply.

Mayday. Mayday. The plan had backfired big time. Spike shot a dirty look at Darla before raising his hands in a calming gesture.

“Now, luv…” Spike started.

“You slept with her!” Buffy raised her voice.

“Buffy, come on, we’re talking about nearly a century ago! You’ve had sex with other people!” Spike tried to reason with her.

“Yes, but my ex’s aren’t sitting here staring you in the face.” Buffy ground out.

“Ah! Angel’s here, you slept with him!” Spike crowed almost triumphantly.

Darla snorted. “So have you.” Before breaking into a chuckle.

“You slept with Angel!” Buffy shouted in surprise.

Before Spike could answer a shout from Angel called Buffy out into the corridor.

“Buffy, Giles is on the phone he says it’s important.” He called up.

Buffy sent Spike one last withering look before storming out of the room.

Darla wiped the teats from her eyes with another chuckle and looked at Spike.

“Thanks, I feel much better now.”

Spike growled at her and stalked out of the room.



Buffy stomped down the stairs and stopped before she got to the phone.

“Just for the record, is there anyone here who hasn’t had sex with Spike?” She looked pointedly at Angel who coughed slightly and turned away.

Buffy walked over to the phone, muttering to herself and picked it up.

“Hi, Giles.”

“Hello Buffy, from the sounds of things, all is well?” Giles asked, his voice dripping sarcasm. He hadn’t wanted Buffy to go to LA.

“Just peachy thanks.” Buffy ground out. “So what’s so important?”

“The council knows about the baby.” Giles said carefully.

“Which one?” Buffy gasped.

“What? What do you mean which one? Buffy?” Giles asked confused.

“What? Sorry, nothing, it’s been a long day.” Buffy covered quickly, how would Giles know about Darla.

“Buffy I think they might send someone to try and take it, they seem very interested in it.” Giles voice was laced with worry.

“Well how do they know? Did you tell them?” Buffy demanded.

“Of course not. They don’t know that I know that they know. A source of mine passed on the information that they were looking for you.” Giles answered, hurt that she would think that.

“I’m sorry Giles. But no one is going to touch me or my baby.” From across the room Buffy heard Spike growl and waved a hand to silence him.

“Well thanks for giving us a heads up. I’ll call you later.” Buffy hang up the phone, her brain ticking into overdrive. The council were human, so Spike couldn’t help. Angel had a lot on his plate at the moment so he was out, what to do.

“Angel I want you to pull a few strings. Spike pack a bag, your going to get your chip out.” Buffy lifted a finger and pointed wearily at Angel.

“Not one word. Just do it.” Buffy walked over to the couch and plonked herself down on it.
Part 7 by Palerider
“It’s done.” As Angel spoke he ran a hand through his hair, Buffy knew that he was dying to say something about her decision.

Spike beat him to it.

“Buffy, luv is this really such a good idea…” Spike was interrupted before he could finish.

“The council know about the baby, and from what I can tell, they want it. They want to take the baby and do tests on it, because of its parents. I need help Spike, not a guilty conscience. All the people from the council are human, which means that you can’t lift a finger against them. What good is that to me? Spike we’re talking about our baby.” Buffy ran out of steam towards the end.

Spike just stared at her for a second or two before turning and stalking off up the stairs.

“Buffy that was way harsh. You know he’d do anything for you and the baby.” Cordelia spoke in a quiet voice.

“I know, and I’m sorry but I don’t have time to debate the ethics of Spike having his chip removed, they want to take my baby!” with that Buffy burst into tears. Cordelia sat down next to the sobbing slayer and put an arm around her.

“Buffy I know this isn’t the best time but do they know about Darla? Because we have enough people after her. Wesley has come up with auctions for her baby already. I just need to know if we should all move out for a while.” Angel tried to keep the anxiety off his face but Buffy could see it.

“Don’t worry, Angel you have your own responsibilities now and they are your first priority. As far as I know, they don’t know about Darla, well Giles doesn’t, whether the council does or doesn’t, I’m not sure but I think Giles would have heard something by now if they did.” Buffy felt exhausted. She looked up as Spike re entered the lobby, a cold look on his face told Buffy what she needed.

“Spike I’m sorry, ok? I am just so tired, tired of fighting and I need help. Please?” Buffy felt a tear roll down her cheek, and gave a mental sigh. Would she ever stop crying?.

Spike immediately walked to her and wrapped her in his embrace.

“I know pet, and I will help but you have got to see it from where I’m standing. First, until recently you hated me. Now we’re having a baby. And now you tell me to get the chip out when all you’ve ever done is threaten me about when I get my chip out. Buffy I love you with all my heart and I will do anything for you and the baby, but I’m a little confused at the moment.” Spike tried to keep his words soothing as possible; he didn’t want to upset her again.

“And don’t forget that we have the Dark hairvenger to keep you safe as well.” Spike smiled as Buffy chuckled. Buffy’s face grew serious.

“But we don’t Spike, Angel has he’s own worries. Cordelia was filling me in. Darla is near her time and already there have been threats and stuff, Angel has more people clamouring after his child than we do. There are Vampire Cults, that whack job law firm. He has to look after his own. So all we have is ourselves until we get back to Sunnydale.” Buffy looked at him and fear shone through her eye’s.

“That’s all we need pet, nothing will happen to you I swear.” Spike promised fiercely.

Spike stood at the door and looked at the tiny woman who he loved so desperately and could have wept. He didn’t want to leave her, not even for a few hours.

“I won’t be gone long pet; I’ll be back before you know it.” Spike hugged Buffy so tightly that she had to prod him to remind him about her needing to breath. Before Spike let her go he felt a prod to his stomach. He pulled out of her reach and stared at her.

“What was that?” he asked looking puzzled.

Buffy laughed, before reaching out to take his hand.

“The baby kicked. Here, it’s still kicking.” She placed his hand over her stomach; the baby responded as if it knew and started kicking like mad.

Spike stared in awe as he felt Buffy’s stomach move in all directions. He looked at her with a goofy grin on his face.

“I’ll be back as soon as I can, I swear.” He dipped down and gave her a quick kiss before running out the door, still sporting the goofy grin.

Buffy smiled as she watched him leave, she turned and walked back into the lobby.

Darla made her way down the stairs, into the lobby, and saw Buffy walking back in. She rubbed her stomach, something didn’t quite feel right.

Buffy noticed Darla looking worried and headed her way, she passed the rest of the gang, they were back to researching.

“Darla is everything ok?” Buffy asked softly.

Darla shook her head as a wave of enormous power pulsed through the room.

Angel ran from where he was in time to see Buffy and Darla standing face to face, with they’re hands above each others bumps. They spoke in perfect unison.

“You’re having a boy!” Buffy said.
“You’re having a girl!” Darla said.

Angel stopped in his tracks and stood in awe. The moment quickly ended as Darla let out a scream and bent over clutching at her stomach.

A few seconds later Buffy followed suit and let out her own scream.

Angel stood in horror as Buffy begged him to find Spike. Cordelia snapped into action.

“Angel, see to Darla. Buffy, Honey? We’re going to have to get you to the hospital.” Cordy helped Buffy stand and tried to block out the sound of her sobs and Buffy repeating over and over that it wasn’t time and that she needed Spike. She turned to see Angel helping Darla up and hoped to the Powers that they could find Spike in time.
Part 8 by Palerider
10 hours later, Spike walked out of the private surgery a chip free vampire, still undecided about how he felt about it he decided the best thing would be to talk it over with Buffy. He turned and headed back to the hotel.

The hotel was looked like a bomb had hit it, and there was no one in sight, well if you didn’t count the dead bodies laying about the floor. Spike scanned the room, his eye’s coming to rest on the cage. A growl erupted from his mouth as he flew out of the doors. He didn’t know where he was going but he knew that if the council had laid one finger on Buffy he would hunt them down and kill the lot of them.

A few blocks later he stopped. He needed to think, closing his eye’s he tried to get a sense on Angel, Angel wasn’t his sire but they had a blood connection. It was faint but it was there, he took of in that direction.

Spike spotted Cordelia first, at the opening of an alley. As he rushed to her he saw Angel coming out of the alley holding a baby wrapped in his coat.

“Cordy, what’s going on? Where’s Buffy, is she okay? And what’s that?” Spike barked out the questions, gesturing to Angel.

“It’s my son.” Angel said simply.

“Spike, Buffy’s in the hospital, she went into labour. We left Gunn with her.” Cordy knew that Spike wouldn’t get any sense out of Angel at the moment.

“But it’s too soon; she’s not due for another couple of months.” Spike answered stupidly as if it would make it not true.

“It was a whole thing with Darla; she went into labour and pulled Buffy along for the ride.” Cordy explained.

Spike stood staring at her for a moment then asked.

“Where’s Darla?”

“She didn’t make it; she couldn’t have the baby so she staked herself so the baby could be born.” Cordy answered sadly.

“Buffy’s in the hospital.” Spike said again.

Cordy shook her head. What was it with Vampires and their children?

“Come on wonder boy, we have to go anyway to get the baby checked out.” Cordy guided both of the vampires to the car.

“Buffy. Hospital.” Spike said for the third time. Angel just held up his son and smiled.

As they pulled up to the hospital Spike seemed to have regained some of his senses. He jumped out of the car and ran in through the entrance. He skidded to a halt at the front desk.

“Buffy, baby, where?” He gasped.

The receptionist smiled at him, understanding that he must be a new father.

“Second floor, left corridor.” She smiled again as the young man dashed of to the stairs.

Spike made it up to the delivery and was met by Gunn.

“Where is she?” Spike barked out again.

“Man, I don’t think things are going to well, they wont answer any questions and there seems to be a lot of Doctors coming in and out of her room.” Gunn said seriously.

At that moment a shout came from the room opposite. Spike rushed to the room only to be stopped by to nurses as he opened the door.

“I’m sorry sir, you can’t come in here.” One nurse said while trying to hold him back.

“Like hell I can’t, that’s my woman and my baby.” Spike growled.

At this Buffy saw Spike at the door.

“Spike! Please, Spike.” She sounded exhausted.

At the commotion, the doctor came over.

“Sir, you can’t come in here, this is very…..” The doctor broke of as Spike interrupted him.

“I’m coming in now or do I have to eat someone?” With that Spike flashed his fangs at the doctor.

The doctor backed up immediately. “Let him in.”

Spike rushed to Buffy’s side.

“Baby, what happened, are you ok?” He kissed her forehead and wiped her sweat soaked hair out of her face.

“The baby’s coming Spike and it’s too soon, the doctors are trying to stop the contractions, but they keep coming back.” Buffy sobbed as she gripped Spikes arm.

“Ok Miss. Winters, we have given you another shot and hopefully that will slow down the labour, but I think you have to prepare yourself that the baby is probably going to come sooner rather than later.” The doctor informed her.

Buffy sobbed again. “Is my baby going to die?”

Spike wanted to kill him just for mentioning it to her. He scowled at the doctor who took a step back.

“Miss Winters, babies born this prematurely do have a good chance at survival. We have the best Neo natal unit in LA, and I can assure you that we will do everything we can.” The doctor added hastily.

“Right well I’ll leave you and you’re… husband alone for a while. Should you need anything, just press your button.” And with that he quickly gathered up the nurses and they left the room.

Buffy started to shake as the tears rolled down her face. Spike slid onto the side of the bed and wrapped his arms around her.

“Please let the labour stop.” Buffy whispered and Spike realized she was praying.

“Buffy luv, the doctor has pretty much said that he doesn’t think that the labour will stop, so we have to deal with that. The baby is coming.” Spike wanted to comfort her but he knew that they had to be realistic about it.

“But she’ll die. At least if she stays inside me she has a chance, she’s alive now Spike, I can feel her moving. But what about when she comes out, it’s too soon, she’s going to be so tiny, and she won’t even have a chance.” By this time the tears were still rolling but Buffy barely noticed them.

“Buffy listen to me. She is not going to die. The doctor said that she has a good chance and she’ll be a strong baby, she has to be, you’re her mum.” Spike felt a tear roll down his own cheek, he felt so helpless.

“Try and rest for a bit pet, save your energy, Miss Winters.”

Buffy smiled a little, “Dodging the council.”

Spike smoothed her hair away from her face and whispered comforts to her. As Buffy dozed, Spike began to pray, but not to God, instead he prayed to Lillis.

A shimmer appeared at the foot of the bed and it solidified into the form of Lillis.

“Please help.” Spike pleaded.

“Spike you misunderstand my power. I have no say over who lives and who dies.” She explained gently.

“But you gave us this child; you can’t just let them take it away from us.”

“Spike I am not the powers that be, I am not even from this world. There is nothing I can do. But I will bless your union and your unborn child if you will allow it.” Lillis’ heart went out to the vampire and slayer before her and she wished dearly she could offer some help.

Spike nodded, and she approached the side of the bed. She raised her hands and they began to glow. She spoke rapidly in what spike assumed was her own language.

Spike relaxed somewhat as he felt a feeling of love surround him, he heard a sigh from Buffy and knew that she felt it to. He closed his eyes and when he opened them Lillis was gone.

Buffy awoke as a contraction pulled her stomach taut. They had come back and it seemed with a vengeance this time.

“Buffy love it’s going to be fine.” Spike pressed the button to get someone’s attention. A few moments later the doctor and a nurse entered the room.

After the doctor had examined her, he spoke.

“Well Miss Winters, this is the real thing, although your contractions stopped for a while, you’ve continued to dilate. You’re at about seven centimetres already. This baby wants to be born, and there’s not much we can do to stop it, we’ll prepare to room and have everyone stand by. The nurse is going to stay with you now, and we’re going to attach a heart monitor to the baby so we can see how it is through the birth okay?”

Buffy nodded mutely. There wasn’t much she could do about it, and the baby was coming.

Spike watched as she visibly pulled herself together. She pulled herself to sit up in the bed and brushed her own hair off her face.

“Is there anything you want me to do love?” Spike asked.

“Just be here and your doing that already.” Buffy offered him a smile.

The nurse wheeled over a heart monitor and wrapped the straps around Buffy’s back and over her bump. As soon as she switched it on the sound of a rapid little heart beat filled the room and Buffy beamed.

“See I told you she was strong.” Spike whispered before kissing her temple.

“Now Buffy, what about pain relief, we need to do something now if you want to before it’s too late.” The nurse smiled at her.

“It can affect the baby can’t it?” At the nurses nod Buffy shook her head. She had been beaten bloody many times before, she would cope. She was determined to give her baby the best chance possible.

Buffy’s face dropped a little as another nurse wheeled a little incubator into the room. Spike noticed immediately.

“Better safe than sorry love, give her the best chance.” He picked up Buffy’s hand and held it in his own.

Buffy marvelled at his thoughts travelling in the same direction that hers were.

About an hour later and the room was full of hospital staff, the doctor examined Buffy one last time and announced that she was ready to push.

A look of panic swept through Buffy’s eyes as the reality set in but Spike whispered to her.

“Come on then love, I’d like to meet my daughter.” He gave her a quick kiss.

“Okay Buffy when the next contraction comes I want you to push with it okay? A nice big push, hold it for ten then breathe ok?” The midwife smiled at Buffy as she nodded.

“…and on 3. 1..2..3, good, push Buffy.”

“That’s it luv, you can do it.”

“And push again Buffy”

Buffy lost track of everyone speaking to her.

“Okay and that’s the head out, one last push and it will all be over, and push.” The doctor crouched at the other end of the bed.

“You have a beautiful baby girl.” The doctor announced as he whipped the baby off to the other side of the room to the equipment that was waiting.

Buffy slumped back on the bed and looked at Spike. Tears were streaming down his face, a couple of the nurses were staring, Buffy supposed it was because the tears were tinged with blood.

She reached up and wiped his cheeks.

“Is she ok, can you see her?” Buffy asked anxiously.

A cry sounded through the room and Spike beamed at her.

“She’s beautiful, just like you.”
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=98