Meant To Be by nataliav
Summary: *Complete 6-25-04*Set at the beginning of "Lie to Me". Buffy sees Angel with Drusilla, and so does Spike. What should have been a night of comfort serves to release desires and sets Spike and Buffy on the road to true love. S/B A/D W/O X/C G/J
Categories: General NC-17 Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 20 Completed: Yes Word count: 39307 Read: 42076 Published: 11/02/2003 Updated: 06/25/2004

1. 1 by nataliav

2. 2 by nataliav

3. 3a by nataliav

4. 3b by nataliav

5. 4 by nataliav

6. 5 by nataliav

7. 6 by nataliav

8. 7 by nataliav

9. 8 by nataliav

10. 9 by nataliav

11. 10 by nataliav

12. 11 by nataliav

13. 12 by nataliav

14. 13 by nataliav

15. 14 by nataliav

16. 15 by nataliav

17. 16 by nataliav

18. 17 by nataliav

19. 18 by nataliav

20. epilogue by nataliav

1 by nataliav
Title: Meant To Be
Author: Natalia Vronsky
Part: 1/18
Rating: NC-17
Summary: Set at the beginning of "Lie to Me". Buffy sees Angel with Drusilla, and so does Spike. What should have been a night of comfort serves to release desires and sets Spike and Buffy on the road to true love. S/B A/D W/O X/C G/J
Author Notes: I've always thought Angels' curse never made any sense... the whole losing it if he got one moments pure happiness bit, ya know? What was the point of doing the curse in the first place if he could lose it? That's not exactly revenge now is it? It's more like a temporary slap on the wrist for being a bad dog. So... in my world, he can't lose it by getting a happy, 'kay?
Thanks: To Daisy for being a super beta by taking the 81 pages(parts 1 - 16) that I had finished and offering to beta 'em so my revisions would be easier to do. Also, uber-thanks to everyone who has read and/or reviewed or will read this. Thank you so much. :)
Disclaimer: It all belongs to the evil Joss Whedon. The idea belongs to me, though I make nothing off of it.
Archive: "Want. Take. Have." Just lemme know, 'kay? An' not at some "worst fan-fiction ever" page, 'kay?"
Feedback: pretty please with whipped cream covered Spike on top... er... but not... 'cause he's mine.

Angel and the brunette beauty were leaning closer to each other. It took everything in Buffy's power to not cry out as their lips met in a gentle kiss.

A fire seemed to ignite as they kissed. Like a fire long ago put out, but, the ashes were still smoldering , just waiting for that one, tiny spark.

"Bloody Hell." She heard muttered. She turned to see the latest pain in her ass, Spike, standing a bit away from her, watching the scene below as well. He didn't seem to notice that she was there.

"Spike?" She whispered, not wanting to get the attention of the two pawing at each other.

He whipped around to face her. Hurt and anger were written on his face. "Slayer." He growled fiercely. His eyes drifted over her body to make sure she wasn't armed.

She held up her empty hands. "Truce, for now." She said. Her eyes fell back on Angel and the beautiful mystery girl. "Do you know her?"

"She's my sire." He said absentmindedly.

"I thought Angel was your sire?"

"He sired her. Drusilla." He murmured the name like a prayer. "She sired me... but she was only a little more 'n a fledgling herself. He stepped in to teach and guide me. Once he got his soul, it was just me and Dru. It was perfect. Then she got attacked by a blasted mob in Prague. Came here 'cause I figured there was no better place for her to heal than at the Hellmouth. I should of left soon as I heard the Poofter was here. I knew she always belonged to him. I was just sec..." He stopped when he realized just who it was he was spilling his guts to. He steeled himself for her laughter or insults.

"I'm sorry." Was all she said. The only emotion on her face was a deep sadness. She walked away from the edge of the roof and Spike followed suit. Angel had lowered Drusilla into the sandbox and was pounding into her.

"Over a hundred years of love and devotion all meant sod to her." A shaky hand pulled a pack of cigarettes and a lighter from his duster. He lit one quickly, taking a deep drag.

"I'm sure it did. Mean something, I mean." Buffy tried to be reassuring.

"Oh, what the Hell do you know about it? I bet you'd prance about and whore after him just like her if he bat those soulful eyes of his at you." He laughed bitterly.

"Not anymore." She started walking to the ladder so she could climb down. Besides, Spike couldn't see her cry if she had her back to him. She turned to face him after a second. "Spike? Wanna go fight?"

He stared at her for a moment before shrugging, "Sure, Goldielocks." He followed her down below without a spare glance at the two people who'd made him what he was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two blondes sat down on a crate breathlessly... well... the vampire would of been breathless if he'd needed to breathe. They'd fought for well over three hours.

To anyone passing by at the ungodly and dangerous time of night, their fight would have looked like a well choreographed dance.

They were leaning against each others back heavily. "That was fun." Buffy said after a while.

"That it was." Spike smiled inwardly as Buffy snuggled deeper into his coat. He'd given it to her mid-fight when she said she wanted to see how it looked on her. "Slayer?"

"Yeah?"

"Wanna snog?" Spike wasn't sure what had spurred that question, but it did seem like a marvelous idea. He was evil, not blind. The Slayer was a very attractive girl.

"What's that?" Buffy tilted her head to look at him.

"This." He pulled her head to his, smashing his lips against hers.

Buffy was beyond shocked by his actions. It took her a moment to recover and respond. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders, returning his fervent kiss.

Spike yanked her onto his lap so that she straddled him. "Christ, you're so warm." He muttered against her lips. He bravely ventured downwards, kissing her chin and licking along her jaw-line. His tongue flicked gently over the scar left by the Master. He felt her shiver above him before he continued downwards. One hand yanked on her shirt and bra until the material slid down her stomach, exposing her soft, rounded breasts.

"Spike..." She whimpered, holding his head to her with her hands. She wiggled her hips lightly, feeling a very hard something between their bodies; even through all the layers they both wore.

"Sweet Slayer." He groaned, one arm was around her waist. His other hand had disappeared between their bodies as he continued to lavish her breasts attentive licks and nips.

She kicked her shoes off and lifted her rear from his lap when he tugged at the zipper of her pants. He pulled them, along with her panties, off and tossed them aside. His coat hid her almost completely nude body from view. She was safe should anyone venture down the alleyway.

His fingers stroked her folds lightly before lowering his own zipper. Despite Buffy's wonder at what the male anatomy looked like, she didn't get a chance to really see. Spike lifted her hips abruptly, letting her slide down onto him.

Buffy cringed in pain and yelped escaped her as she he broke through and filled her.

Spike's eyes widened when he'd realized that she'd been a virgin. "You were... why didn't you tell me?" Tears streaked her face and she let out a pitiful hiccup. "I'm so sorry, Baby." He kissed her cheek, trying to soothe her.

Spike was dying. She was so hot and tight... and he could most definitely smell blood. Sweet, intoxicating Slayer's blood. He would go crazy if he didn't get to pound senselessly into her soon.

"It only hurts a little." She whispered, blinking back tears. Most of the pain had subsided, leaving a dull throbbing... and a sense of fullness. She could feel him inside her, hard and pulsing. That alone was mind-blowing.

It did hurt, though. The pain was so different than any other pain she'd ever felt. And she'd been dealt a lot of physical pain in her life. So, she couldn't help crying just a bit or digging her nails into his shoulders as she adjusted to the feeling of him stretching her most sensitive area.

"If I'd of known..." He pulled her head to rest at the curve where his shoulder and neck met, gently stroking her soft hair.

"I wanted to." She moved her hands from his shoulders and kissed the wounds there. Her hands moved down his chest and under the tight black tee-shirt, scraping them down his pecks and abs.

"I would of been more gentle, at least." He was shaking. He needed to move so badly, he felt as though he'd self combust if he didn't. He'd never had a virgin before. Aside from Dru, the other women he'd had sex with had been far from virginal.

There was nothing like the tiny Slayer in his arms. Soft. Tight. Hot. And so very wet.

Dozens of lyrical and descriptive words flew through his mind. He knew he'd have a lot of poems to write about her once he returned back home. All the forming limericks, sonnets and badly rhyming words of her soon fled, along with every other thought in his head as she squirmed against him.

Buffy blinked back tears as Spike's gaze focused on her. Before his eyes had been glazed over and he seemed to be staring straight through her. His intense blue orbs burned into her... causing her to whimper with desire.

She was so embarrassed... she had no idea what they were supposed to do next. Or if that was all. She was about to work up the courage to ask him, when he stood, holding her to him with his hands on her rear. She looked back when she felt herself pressed against something. The wall.

Spike still held her tightly. "I know it hurts, Pet. But it won't for much longer." He murmured. Whether she knew it or not, she was still crying and it made him ache. He should of been glad he was taking a Slayer the way he was, and making her cry to boot... but he wasn't. "Sweet Slayer, I promise this'll feel so good."

"Buffy..." She gasped as he pulled out of her just the teeniest bit. "Please don't call me 'Slayer'."

"Buffy... Buffy... Buffy..." He moaned, as he pushed back into her. She let out a strangled cry, arching her lower body towards his, her head rolling against the wall.

After a few thrusts, Buffy caught on to the rhythm he'd set, and moved her body in time with his. It was just like their fight earlier... seemingly choreographed. Synchronized groans, moans and thrusts.

She buried her face in Spike's shoulder as he thrust faster and a little rougher. She was surprised her body was keeping up, especially while the wheels in her mind were churning a mile a minute, trying to categorize the thousands of different sensations she was feeling. The most dominant sensation was the humming she felt go through her whole body each time Spike pulled out and pushed back into her.

She felt herself lose control of her body when Spike reached down between them and rubbed her roughly right above where they joined. Her entire being shook with pleasure. "Oh... god... Spike..." She cried against the soft skin of his neck.

"That's it, Buffy... cum for me..." He growled seductively. He could tell she was close... by the heavy scent of her juices and the way her inner muscles were fluttering around him. He was surprised he hadn't cum the second he sheathed himself into her. "Just let go, Sweetheart."

He nipped at her neck with his human teeth and continued to rub her clit. When he felt her peak, he thrust once more, cumming hard. In the midst of groaning her name, he looked at her, her head was tossed back... pain-filled ecstasy on her face as she cried out his name. She looked so beautiful.

All his former poetic thoughts returned once he'd completely spent himself inside her. Part of him wanted to strangle her for making him want to be the poet he'd lead to suicide. The other part wanted to beat that part up and write the damn poems.

When Buffy came down from her euphoria she looked at everywhere but at Spike. She wasn't sure what was going to happen next and it terrified her. She didn't like the fact that she felt like she would die if he walked away from her after this.

She let her feet slide down from his waist to the ground, involuntarily whimpering when she felt him pull out from her.

Spike zipped up his jeans as he watched her shakily gather her clothes. "Still hurt, Pet?"

She looked up at him with her huge hazel eyes. Her face was red with embarrassment. "Huh?"

"Does it still hurt? You know..." He looked down her body. She yanked his coat shut, blocking his view.

"Uh... only a little." She looked at the clothes in her hands, trying to sort out what was what with little success. She wasn't even really looking at them.

He leaned towards her and took them from her. He set them on the crate they'd began on. "Let the Big Bad kiss it and make it all better." He sank down onto his knees. Buffy's eyes rolled back into her head as his face disappear between her tanned thighs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy giggled as Spike finally set her on her feet. He'd carried her over his shoulder all the way to her house. "I don't even wanna know how you know where I live." She shuddered as she unlocked the door.

Spike shrugged off her comment. "You sure your mum isn't home? Don't fancy being smacked with another ax." He rubbed his head where he'd been hit by Buffy's mother when they'd first fought.

"Positive. She's in Chicago on a buying trip and she won't be back until the day after tomorrow." Buffy walked into the house, heading for the steps.

"Uh... Luv?"

Buffy turned back to see Spike standing at the threshold, hand pressed against the invisible barrier. She walked over and pressed her hand against his. "Silly me. Come in." Their fingers laced as Spike walked in. Buffy shut and locked the door before pulling him up to her bedroom.

Spike looked around the deceptively innocent looking room. He knew she must have tons of weapons stored all over. On her dresser were five rather large, wooden crosses. "Don't suppose you'd like to put your Slayer toys away, would you?" He sat down on her bed.

"Oops. Sorry." She smiled sheepishly before tossing the crosses in a drawer. She then leaned over him and pulled out a stake and cross from underneath her pillow. She tossed those in the drawer as well. "Better?"

"Much." He yanked her down onto the bed with him. He caressed her cheek, brushing a few stands of hair from her face. "It should've been here."

"What should've been here?"

"My defiling of you."

She tugged the tight black tee-shirt he wore over his head. She placed her hands on his chest and looked up at him innocently, "Well, you could always defile me s'more, couldn't you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun had just set, leaving a faint, pinkish glow over the city. Spike was already putting his clothes on. Buffy knew in a few minutes, the best night and day of her life would soon be nothing more than a warming memory. They'd have to go back to what they were before once he was out that door, wouldn't they?

The question remained at the forefront of both their minds, though neither actually dared to ask the question aloud.

Out of the corner of his eye, Spike watched Buffy climb off her bed to put on a robe and slippers from her closet before sitting at the edge of the bed. Her tanned skin covered in bruises and bite marks. Spike knew he must be sporting similar ones, along with the scrape marks over his chest and back he'd gotten from her nails.

For a virgin, she'd sure been a spirited little thing... and a helluva quick learner.

Spike faced her once he finished dressing. She looked so small and sweet sitting there, wrapped in her fluffy blue robe and matching slippers. "Well, I... uh... best be goin'."

"Right." Was her response, her eyes focused on a small thread on the ground.

"Walk me out?" He offered his hand to her. His cold, black heart broke at the sight of her fighting back tears when she finally met his gaze.

He wanted to shake her and say, "Oh, come on now, Slayer. We were both lonely and down after seein' the people we loved together. This was all in fun, but it's over now." But, he couldn't bring himself to. It'd be hurtful not only to her, but to himself as well. It'd been more than comfort or fun. It had been passionate and sweet, and more perfect than anything Spike had experienced in his entire existence.

Once out on the porch, Buffy slid her hand from his. "Bye."

"Bye, Slayer." He flashed her a rakish grin before bounding down the steps and onto the walkway.

Buffy held onto the doorframe for support, fearing she'd run after him if she didn't. Her whole world had been flipped upside down the night before, and now it felt as if everything was falling down on top of her. She swiped at some unbidden tears before turning to go back inside.

Spike kept turning back to look at Buffy as he walked away from her. The further he got, the heavier his feet and heart felt. But, no matter how much he wanted to return to her, he didn't. He couldn't. Because that would show that he cared, and that... that would just complicate things. Her tears, however, did him in. He froze, watching as she wiped her tears away before he rushed back to her.

He shoved the door, which she was shutting, open and yanked her into his arms, kissing her passionately. Buffy dug her fingers into his platinum locks as she kissed him back.

Buffy marveled, as she had all night and day long, at how perfect and right it felt to be in Spike's arms.

He reluctantly broke the kiss so that she could catch her breath. He held her to him for a while before he pulled away from her and placed a chaste kiss to her lips. "See you 'round, Buffy."

"Bye, Spike." She called as he made his way back down the steps. She watched him until he rounded a corner and she could no longer see him.

Touching a finger to her bruised lips, she smiled. She could still taste him on her fingers and lips. With a small satisfied sigh she shut the door, leaning against it. She'd decided she'd go back to bed to catch up on the sleep she'd missed when she noticed Spike's black leather duster hanging on the coat rack.

Her smile widened. "Yeah, see you around, Spike."
2 by nataliav
Title: Meant To Be
Part: 2/18

She was so soft. Silky. His sweet, sweet love. Gasping and writhing underneath him, dancing the dance of the ages, she looked so beautiful.

Bits of stray light filtering in from tightly closed blinds hit her skin, making her look like a gold-dust flecked goddess.

With his every stroke and thrust into her, she'd let out a different gasp and moan. She was his own personal symphony.

When their orgasms hit them, growls emanated him... or her. Most likely, however, they came from both. She lifted her head to his neck, gleaming white teeth, elongated, grazed his skin lightly. They slipped into the flesh, causing him to moan. She knew just how to drive him over the edge.

The skin on either side of his neck where deeply scarred from the past week with her. There were other, similar, patches of bitten and bruised skin various other places as well.

She was a voracious little thing.

He was slightly surprised she'd let him take her "missionary" tonight. He'd seen to it that she had quite a yen for the different.

"Angel, my love," Drusilla crooned as she slid from underneath him. He collapsed onto his stomach. He was exhausted. She curled herself at his side, purring loudly. "I worry for Miss Edith. She's crying. She seldom cries. Perhaps you should check on her to see if she's alright?"

The doll she spoke of sat on a chair in Angel's living room. Miss Edith. She was a present from the vampire Dru had spent a hundred plus years with. The vampire she'd left his bed for all those years ago. Of, course, Angel had made Spike pay for stealing the beauty from him at the time.

Sure, he'd had his sire in his bed, but, it felt empty without Drusilla curled on the other side... as she was now.

Thoughts of Spike begged the question... where had the bleach blonde terror gone? When Angel had gone to the factory with Dru to get her belongings so she could move in with him, they found Spike, his belongings and minions all gone. Dru's things were neatly packed and off to one side.

Drusilla had laughed as though his disappearance was the most hilarious thing in the world. She told Angel that her Spike was gone and would never return.

"Why would she cry, Dru?" Her nails raked lightly over the tattoo on his shoulder.

"I believe she's cross with me." She smiled at him. "She told me it was my fault the sun and the moon are confused. I believe she cries for them to go back to how they were before."

"The sun and the moon are the same as always, Sweetheart." Angel sighed. One thing he'd never really been able to tolerate from Dru was her insane ramblings. But, at least she wasn't on a rampage. He couldn't handle her when she got in a state. He had to admit, Spike was good at calming her from even her most violent outbursts.

"Miss Edith says different. Miss Edith is always right, you know." She climbed out of bed, stretching. "Can we go hunt tonight, Pet?"

"No hunting Dru. We have blood here." Dru made a face. She complained endlessly for the past few days about having to drink the bagged blood he bought. "I'm going to go talk to someone about that tonight. You have to promise to be a good girl while I'm out, okay?"

"Promise, Luv." She stopped her cat-like stretches to smile solemnly. "I don't wish to have a soul. But, if you want me to have one, then I must."

"How did you know..."

"Whispers, Angel, whispers. You're going to talk to the Slayer's Watcher." She leaned over him, pressing a finger over his lips as if to silence him. "Shhh. He doesn't know about the sun and moon. It's a secret. Promise you'll keep it a secret? I promise I'll be good if you promise."

"You already promised to be good, Dru." Angel smiled, circling her waist with his large arms. He pulled her down on top of him. "But, I won't tell him about the sun and moon."

"Good. Because it's a surprise. They have no idea how big a surprise it is." She pressed her lips to his... preventing him from really thinking about her last statement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angel tried to be quite as he peered into Rupert Giles' apartment window. He didn't see the Watcher and sighed. He'd hoped to catch him here. There was really only one other place he'd be.

Sunnydale High's library with Buffy and her friends.

Going there was a situation he'd managed to avoid up until now. But, it was important he talk to Giles about getting his curse done on Drusilla.

She was compliant now... but, he wasn't sure how long that'd last. And, he wanted to be with her. And he owed her a second chance. She had wanted to be good.

With a soul, she could be good. He'd give her back what he'd taken from her.

He walked into the hallway of the high school, using all of his senses to their max to make sure he didn't sense the beautiful teenager he'd undoubtedly left with a broken heart.

Of course, she might not know just yet that he wasn't hers anymore. He'd played Mr. Mysterious too long. She'd probably contribute his being gone this past week to that. He'd eventually have to tell her. Or, Giles just might after hearing his request for a soul curse.

He briefly contemplated keeping Buffy. Drusilla shared very well with others. But, should Buffy find out about his childe... he and Dru'd have to make themselves comfy in an ashtray.

Humans were strange creatures like that. Funny how that trait could carry over to demons. Possessiveness. Morality. The ability to care for one person and be content with only one person.

Sure, he had all that now. But, without his soul, he didn't give a damn about anything or about anyone.

Demons like Dru and Spike were caring despite their... well... demons.

Angel felt human presence before he heard the two girls giggling. He could tell it was Buffy and Willow.

"Shh..." Willow giggled. "If Xander comes in and finds out what were talking about..."

"I can't believe he'd kiss Cordelia." Buffy laughed. "Can we just say..."

"Gross." The two said in unison.

They were in the computer room. Angel slunk past the room as stealthily as he could manage. His whole being wanted to go in there with Buffy.

He was so torn between his love for Dru and his desire for Buffy. He hadn't really given her much thought in the past week. But, being so close to her was driving him insane.

He stalked into the library. Xander and Cordelia were behind some book-stacks, making out furiously, like the teenagers they were. Giles and Jenny Calendar were in his office talking.

Going unnoticed by the two brunettes, he knocked lightly on the office door. Giles opened it, looking at him startled. "Angel?"

"I need to talk to you. It's important." He glanced at Jenny, hoping she'd take the hint and leave.

She did. "I'd better go see how Willow's doing with that scripture." Smiling almost sadly at Angel, she left.

"Uh, come in. Is there a problem?" Giles asked him as he sat down.

"Not really. I needed to ask you a favor."

"Of course." The Watcher took his glasses off, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "I must say, I'm surprised. I didn't think you'd be by anymore."

"Why would you think that?"

"Buffy told us about some brunette you were with. My tomes indicate from Buffy's description that she's your childe... Drusilla?"

"Yeah, she is. How'd Buffy find out."

"She mentioned something about a park. Needless to say, she hasn't quite been herself this past week. I hope you will stay away from her."

"Look, Giles, I care for Buffy. Really I do. I didn't think she'd see me and Dru. In fact, everything that happened... it was out of the blue. Drusilla is my responsibility. I owe her what I took from her. That's what I came to see you about. If you could find a copy of the spell that was done on me."

"You want to give her a soul?"

"Yes."

"What of Buffy?"

"I'll talk to her." Giles looked like he was about to say something. "Only to apologize. I love Drusilla. Buffy needs to know that. She should be with some boy anyway."

"Yes, she should." Giles smiled, a little relived looking. "I'll start looking into the spell immediately."

"Thank you." Angel shook his hand. "If Buffy doesn't mind after I tell her... I'd be glad to continue to help."

"Of course. If you want, Buffy's in the computer room with Jenny and Willow."

Angel nodded and walked into the room. Only Willow and Jenny were there.

"She's gone. Someone called her. Probably her mom, you know? She had to go." Willow said upon seeing Angel.

"Could you tell her I need to talk to her?"

"We will." Jenny said.

Angel wandered the streets of Sunnydale for a bit, hoping to find Buffy on patrol. He had no luck, so he went to the butchers before going back to the apartment. He needed to have enough blood stocked to keep Dru sated. He wouldn't risk her going out to hunt.

Angel thought he'd turn to dust from shock when he saw a meek little vampire getting a truckload of pigs blood. The vampire, Dalton, he knew was one of Spike's minions.
3a by nataliav
Title: Meant To Be
Part: 3a/18

Buffy had rushed out of the computer room, face flushing, after getting a call on her new cell phone. The only people who had her number, aside from her mother, were the people at the school... save Angel of course.

How Spike had gotten the number was beyond her. Not that she minded.

She'd wanted to talk to Angel. To make sure he knew she didn't care that he was banging that vamp ho. Not in the least. But, that could wait.

The thing that'd been heavy on her, really and truly, was the bleached blonde vampire. Her thoughts, awake and asleep, were filled with him. On patrol, which had become a bore after a sudden vamp and demon drought, she often thought she saw him... but on second glance nothing would be there.

The coat he'd left at her house became a fixture of her in that week. Nobody recognized the coat as his. Thank goodness the Hellmouth tendency for denial ran deep, even among those who knew what Sunnydale really was. Only Cordelia had questioned her about it... in the name of fashion.

It smelled of him. It gave her a sense of comfort to wrap around her when she felt alone.

She rounded a corner of the building, looking for him. All he'd said was for her to go outside.

She jumped when an arm wrapped around her middle, a cool hand covering her mouth, preventing a shriek of surprise from escaping her lips. Spike pressed his lips to her neck in a light kiss.

Buffy felt a jolt of excitement and desire go through her instead of the fear she knew she should feel. He could kill her so easily.

But, she'd missed him so badly.

A muffled whimper escaped her as she pressed her body against his. "Miss me, Pet?" His voice deep and seductive. Buffy nodded her head vigorously. "Can't get you off my mind, Slayer. It's driving me insane." His grip on her tightened, making it difficult for her to breathe.

"I should just kill you." She jerked at the word "kill", but he held fast. "Maybe I could have some peace from you then. It's absurd felling this way. I never felt like this about anyone. Not even when I was alive. I could kill you and be free of you." He rubbed his cheek against hers. Buffy's eyelids fluttered open and shut. She was excited and scared at the same time. His grip around her waist loosened a bit.

"But then I think of you dead. Lying in some sodding coffin... those eyes of yours never sparkling again... skin cold... it makes me..." He half sighed, half growled.

"You see the problem here, Luv? I'm supposed to revel in the thought of you dead, not hate it!" He let her go, pacing a few feet in front of her.

Buffy turned to face him. Heart racing more than it already was. He was so... magnificent. Wearing a tight tee-shirt, black leather pants. Dark roots peaking out from underneath near white, un-gelled locks.

"You wouldn't, would you?" Looking like a fragile little girl, hugging his coat around her, she asked him the one thing he'd really rather die again than admit.

"No." But, he couldn't lie... and he couldn't not tell her. Sweet, beautiful, little Slayer. One night in the sack with her had ruined him. Pussy-whipped like he'd never been pussy-whipped before. And, she'd demanded nothing of him!

He could only imagine how quickly he'd ask "how high" if she commanded "jump". It almost made him mad. It had as he'd moved himself and his minions into a house just outside Sunnydale. It really pissed him off as he forbade feeding off humans... especially at the dough he was tossing out to pay for butchers blood enough for a little under seventy vampires.

Except, when he'd decided, "sod it all", and was ready to go back to his old ways... he'd think of her. Crying. Angry. Accusing. Stake in hand, ready to do her sacred duty and kill him.

The minions were all pretty accepting about it. The ones who weren't got killed. He'd even had a few patrol early each night. Before Buffy generally patrolled.

Spike looked down at Buffy's hand on his arm. Her head bowed, eyes cast up at him. She looked so trusting of him.

He took her hand in his, kissing it gently, before pulling her into his arms.

As soon as their lips met, their hands were everywhere. Reacquainting themselves with what they'd been longing for.

It wasn't very long before their petting and kisses grew serious. They knew they were outside the school and could be caught by a slew of people who hated and wanted him dead, but they couldn't seem to stop themselves.

The only thing that got Spike to stop was seeing Angel exit the school. He pulled away from Buffy, grabbing her hand. She was about to complain about the lack of contact when she caught of glimpse of Angel as Spike pulled her around the corner.

Angel didn't seem to take notice of them as he marched away from the school.

Spike shut his eyes in relief, only to open them at the sound of Buffy's giggling. "What's so funny?"

"This. Hiding to keep from getting caught. It's kinda... exciting." She beamed.

"Yeah. I supposed it could be." He grinned. "If the thing you might get caught doing is worth it." With that he tossed her over his shoulder, marching for his car.

"Put me down!" She cried, her heart not in it, though.

"I will, Sweetheart." He ran is hand up and down her leg.

"Spike!" She squirmed in his grasp. His hand reached between her legs and she stilled.

"Don't suppose your mum isn't at home?"

"No. She is." She whimpered, trying to push her body down to increase the pressure of his hand.

"Too bad." He set her on her feet to open the car door. "Guess we'll have to make do." He pushed her down onto the back seat.

"Here?" She moved so she was all the way in. He climbed in atop her, shutting the door behind him.

"Yeah. Here." He slipped his shirt off and undid his pants. When he realized she was still, he frowned and questioned her. "What's wrong, Luv?"

"Back seat of a car? How cliché."

Spike groaned. This was just supposed to be a get her alone, bang her, then be on his merry way... but no. "Difficult woman."

"And it kinda smells." She added, biting back a smile.

"Well, we could go back to my place, Pet. But, my minions live there too. Unless you don't mind them knowing you spread those pretty thighs of yours for me."

A look of deep hurt crossed her face. She looked away from him. That's all it was. She'd had pretty pipe dreams during the past week that it'd been... could be something more, despite what she'd told herself.

"I should go home. My mom might call Giles and find out I'm not there." She said.

"Buffy." He took her hand in his. Okay, that hadn't been the most gentlemanly thing he could have said... but it was the truth. "Look... how 'bout we go somewhere. The movies? The Pa-" He was going to say park, but that held memories, that despite his feelings for this teenager, still smarted. "The beach? We don't have to shag or anything." He wanted to kick himself. Damn it! That was all he'd wanted. Now he was stuck taking her out. On a date? Funny, it didn't seem like such an awful thing.

"I wouldn't want to put you out like that. I guess we could just fuck here." She snapped.

"Bloody Hell!" He glowered down at her. Tears clung to her thick lashes. "What do you want from me?" He sunk down into the seat.

"What do you want from me, Spike? You sought me out. Found out my UNLISTED number only god knows how. Your coat, is that what you want? But, you felt so sorry for me because I started feeling something besides disgust and hate towards you... so you thought you'd be kind and toss some pity sex my way?" She slid off the leather coat, tossing it in his face. "Well, there it is. Leave me alone now, Spike." She made a move for the door, but Spike pounced on her. He pinned her to the seat cushions with one hand.

"You didn't hear a sodding word I said earlier, did you? I can't! Believe me, I want to! You're all in here!" He clutched his chest, with his free hand for emphasis. "I can't get you out! You leave me alone, Buffy. Get out of my head... stop making me do things I would never do, and I'll leave you be. If you think your the only one here having feelings far from hate and disgust, well, then you're more insane than Dru ever was."

"I hate this." She said after a while. It had been dead silent. Only her shaky breaths were heard. "I don't want to feel like this. I don't want to be angry at you. But, I don't wanna be worrying all the time why you're doing this."

"Same reason you are, Pet." He pressed his forehead to hers. "We can't help it. One of those things whoever's in charge of everything on this earth's gotta be laughing their asses off about. Slayer and Slayer of Slayers wanting each other... getting the warm fuzzies and what-all." He smiled a bit when she did.

"Warm fuzzies?"

"You tell anyone, I'll have to kill you."

Buffy zipped her lips. "They won't get it out of me. Heaven forbid the Big Bad's rep be ruined." Spike finally moved off Buffy, helping her sit. "Spike?"

"Yeah?"

"The beach sounded nice. Going there, I mean."

"C'mon, then, Ducks."

"You know how annoying that is? All the different pet names?"

"Haven't a clue." He grinned, starting to climb up to the drivers side, but stopped. "Want to drive?"

"What? Are you crazy?"

"Must be. You must know how to."

"I've read the books." At his look she laughed. "All right... I looked at the pictures. But, as for actually driving... my mom would die before she let me behind the wheel."

"Well, that's not a problem here. I'm already dead."
3b by nataliav
Title: Meant To Be
Part: 3b/18

Buffy remained in the car as Spike examined the front bumper. She bit her lip nervously, wondering how much damage a trash can could really do to a car.

She flinched as he kicked the trash can, causing it to go flying onto the thankfully empty beach.

She remembered when her mom had crashed a new car her dad had bought. He'd been so angry. But, her mom had simply rolled her eyes and muttered, "men and their cars."

She hadn't meant to hit it. She just... confused the gas with the break. A mistake that could have been made by anyone, right?

She buried her face in her hands. "Stupid, stupid Buffy." She berated herself. They'd just had a stupid fight that was largely... well, really all her own doing, and now she'd wrecked his car. If he really had stopped hating her, she wouldn't blame him one bit if he hated her again.

She peaked from between her fingers to see him staring out at the ocean. He didn't look so mad anymore.

"C'mon, Buffy, you've faced the Master, you can do this." She mustered up all her courage and got out of the car. Spike looked up at her when the door slammed shut.

She had warned him, in all fairness. There had to be some reason her own mother wouldn't trust her behind the wheel of a car. Now, he knew. The chit couldn't tell the difference between the gas and the break.

Of course, he'd been there since driving was laying a whip to a horses back was the fastest way to go. She was just learning.

"Spike? I'm sorry." She walked over to him... staying a few feet out of reach, however. She glanced at the car.

She'd expected to see a huge dent. Maybe a light broken, too. She wasn't prepared for the tiny scrape in the paint job. She had to force herself not to laugh. That's what he'd been all worked up over? Over-dramatic, much?

"S'alright, Pet." He sighed sadly when he followed her gaze to his car. "It's not so bad. Just..."

"A little scrape?" She grinned.

"It's not funny! That cars a classic!"

"A classic what, Spike? Classic piece of junk? And seriously, how much would it cost to paint over that? I'm sure you have more than enough nail-polish to cover that." He scowled at her. "But, I am sorry."

"Yeah." He grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest.

She pouted a little before walking onto the sand. Confident that she and Spike were the only ones besides a few birds, she divested herself of her clothing. The corners of Spike's lips twitched.

The last of her clothes, lacy scraps of underwear, were tossed off just as she reached the water and dove in. He watched, entranced as she resurfaced a few seconds later. Tossing her hair away from her face, droplets clinging to her silken skin, she looked like a water nymph, at home in the natural elements; even more beautiful than when out of it.

He knew Angel was stupid. He'd just never realized how much. How could anyone give up such a creature?

Sure, they were supposed to kill each other. But, god, it felt like they were made for each other.

Her lips curved into a smile, beckoning him to join her. She stood waist deep in the water, waves licking over her golden skin.

"Ah... sweet water lily, grown by light of day, just to be mine at night..." He though as he shed his own clothes. He flinched, thinking how she'd laugh if he told her that. He remembered the last poem he'd written... for Dru. She'd laughed. Mocked him and his words. When she tired of making fun of him by herself, she told her sire and grand-sire. He'd stopped writing them then. Forced them out of his mind, occupied it with thoughts of death and destruction.

Now, they came of their own accord. He wondered if she'd really laugh. He wanted to tell her what he really felt for her.

When he reached her, she practically jumped into his arms. Her legs wrapped around his waist, bringing her completely out of the waters reach.

Was he Hephaestus to her Aphrodite? Inhuman, disgusting, relegated to darkness yet somehow worthy of her caring, beauty, and the light that seemed to envelope her. He really needed to stop thinking like the poof of the Victorian era he'd been and more like the vampire he was. Her hand had somehow squirmed between them, gripping him expertly.

He'd taught her well in the short time they'd had together before.

His eyes rolled back in his head as she ran her hand up and down his length, a french-tipped nail scraping lightly over the head. Unable to take it, Spike's legs buckled and they feel to the ground.

His mouth pressed tightly to hers, tongue massaging hers roughly as he ground against her... causing her to sink a bit into the sand.

He didn't realize she was trying to push him off her at first. When her fist connected with his nose, he backed off. He realized why... they'd been underwater. He didn't need to breathe, of course. But, little human slayer girls do.

He picked her up as a wave receded, laying her far from the waters reach. She was shaking and crying.

"Luv, I'm sorry. I didn't realize..." Hiccuping her tears, she didn't even seem to hear him. Her eyes were clouded in pain. "Luv?"

She looked up at him. Her obvious fear ripping him into bits. "The Master." She said shakily.

"What about him?"

"He drowned me." She shook violently from the cold and memories. "I died. Xander... he brought me back... but..." She turned her face from his as she sobbed.

"Shhh, Luv. He can't hurt you anymore. And neither can the water. I won't let anything happen to you." He pulled her into his arms, trying his best to soothe her.

She turned in his arms, kissing his lips softly. She felt safe with him. Really and truly, despite how odd it seemed. Spike her safe-haven.

She wished he'd been there after it had happened. She'd needed comfort those cold nights in L.A., when the nightmares were at their worst.

She shook as Spike laced his fingers in her hair, not out of fear, but desire.

Funny how she could go from choking with the memories of her death to being consumed with feelings of such intense need.

"Spike." She whispered, her legs on either side of his. Being cold had never been more welcome or welcome in her life... the gentle ocean breeze that dried the water on her skin... and the cool hard penis just brushing against her hot folds.

She arched her back off the sand, bringing herself closer to him. He let out a growl against her lips. "Buffy."

"Please." She hooked one leg on his hip, feeling the tip graze her entrance. He left her lips to kiss her cheeks and chin. His pressed his cheek against hers as he slid into her.

"That what you wanted, Baby?" He asked, looking down at her.

"Oh... god yes." She yanked his head down to hers as he rocked his body against hers. Buffy managed to think it'd been far, far too long.
4 by nataliav
Title: Meant To Be
Part: 4/18

Spike watched Buffy, fascinated, as her golden body moved over his. Her head was tossed back, hair grazing his knees. Nails digging into his pecks. A few remaining droplets of water flittered over her skin, dropping onto his.

"Spike, Spike, Spike..." She chanted in-between gasps.

He'd been laying down, letting her have her way with him. But, a man could only take so much... and she was taking her sweet time. He sat up, wrapping an arm around her back. Her head snapped forward and she grinned at him. Using his free hand to hold himself up from falling backwards, he pressed his forehead to hers.

She slid her hands from his chest to lace in his hair. She used that to her advantage to force his head down so she could kiss him.

God, he wanted to be closer to her... more so than he was. Buried to the hilt, mouths latched on to each others, limbs entwined... it would be difficult to be closer physically.

Emotionally, he figured they were as close as they, a slayer and vampire could get for the time being. But, he'd loved Drusilla for a hundred years. She'd made him. He'd given her everything he was, and when that wasn't enough, he changed and gave her all of that.

If a soulless vampire was capable of loving humans, he knew he could love Buffy. But, not yet. It was too soon.

And, he wasn't exactly sure what Buffy's relationship with Angel had been like, but, he knew that she'd always hold a bit of a spark, if not a flame, for him.

Though, should their relationship ever consist of love, she'd probably be the first to feel it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike had an arm around Buffy as they made their way back to his car. Their clothes... and themselves coated in sand. Buffy was wobbling like a new-born colt. It was nearing sunset.

He'd never had the pleasure of screwing someone so hard for so long that they couldn't walk. Dru liked to be the one in control... and the others... it was always a one time deal.

Slayer strength and all hadn't saved her from the soreness she felt. Or how tired she was. She groaned, remembering that she had to go to school in a few short hours.

"You all right, Pet?" He asked when she did. He helped her sit down in the passengers seat.

"Gotta go to school." She said with a shrug. "I kinda imagined sleeping in all day."

"I'm sorry." He chuckled, not really sorry, except she did look exhausted. He kissed her forehead before going around and getting in the drivers seat. "You could just skip."

"Pfft. Right with Snyder on me for every little thing I do wrong? I wish." She sunk deep against the seat, shutting her eyes as he started the car, slowly pulling out of the parking lot just as the sun began to rise.

"I could kill him for you. Poof. Problem gone." He offered in all seriousness. Buffy stared at him for a moment before bursting into a fit of giggles. He pouted. Offended and hurt. "Well... it was just an idea."

"Trust me... if he was a demon, I wouldn't stop you. In fact, I'd probably do it myself." She moved over so she could snuggle against him. "But, since he's got the whole human thing going on..."

"Right." Spike slid an arm around her as he drove the short distance to her home.

They both sat quietly. The motor running was the only sound. She was still nestled in his arms and showed no inclination of moving any time soon.

But, they were parked in front of her house. She knew her mom would be up soon. She'd have to go in and get ready for school. She really didn't want to.

"I should probably go." She sighed.

"Probably." Buffy pulled herself from Spike's grasp. He grabbed her hand and placed a kiss on her palm.

Heat rose through Buffy's body at his cold touch. He moved away to look at her as his hand slid down to her wrist and held it lightly. He pressed his other hand against hers for a second before he let his fingertips graze over the lines of her hand.

Buffy shivered as he moved his hand from hers. His index finger brushed each of her fingers, then down her palm and wrist. When he reached the inside of her elbow, he gently pulled her to him.

"Stay with me." He lowered his head to her ear. He placed a kiss on the lobe.

"I can't." She held him in place with a hand on the back of his head. He kissed along her jaw as he gathered her into his arms, pulling her onto his lap.

"Stay." Buffy looked into his eyes. Blazing bright blue, he seemed to be looking straight into her very soul... making himself at home there... borrowing it to make up for the one he didn't have.

"Spike." She shut her eyes. How could she refuse him, looking into his eyes? "I have to go. My mom'll ground me if she finds out I didn't come home last night and I don't go to school."

Spike let go of her and slumped against the seat. "Right. Busy tonight, Pet?"

"Not really." She stayed on his lap, kissing his pout. He smiled at that.

"Meet me out here at sunset?"

"Okie-dokie." She leaned in to kiss him... pulling away when it started to grow too intense. She exited through the drivers side door, careful to shut the door before the sun could hurt her lover. "See you tomorrow."

"Don't forget." He called as she ran over to a large tree and quickly climbed it. Spike strained to see through the scratched paint as Buffy finally climbed into her bedroom window.

He lit a cigarette with a grin. He stayed parked outside her house until he was done. Still smiling, he sped away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy's arms, that had been supporting her head, slid down the desk... head following suit. Xander jabbed Buffy in the side, causing her eyes to snap open. She lifted her head off the table.

She smiled a bit sheepishly at Xander. He smiled back. "No one noticed."

"Good." She whispered back. Resting her chin in her hands. Her eyes fluttered closed.

"But, you might wanna stay awake." He nudged her. "We have a test on Monday and she's giving us notes on the test."

"Pfft. Like you ever listen." Buffy rolled her eyes. "You just wanna copy off me later."

"Yeah." He shrugged. Buffy smiled sleepily when she saw Cordelia staring over that them. She looked away when she noticed Buffy had seen her.

"Xand... what's going on with you and Cordelia?"

"What?" He blurted aloud. The class looked over at him. The teacher frowned at him. "Nothing." He whispered to Buffy, then was quite for the rest of the class.

"Willow saw you kissing her." Buffy hissed, following him out of the class. Her mind was fuzzy from lack of sleep... but she wanted the gossip. "So spill."

"Will saw me kissing Cordy?" Xander looked at Buffy panicked. "Oh god, when?"

"She said it was a week ago."

A wistful smile fell over Xander's face. "Our first kiss... uh... I mean.. we never kissed, Buffy. Ever. I hate Cordelia."

"Like I hate Spike." Buffy thought, rolling her eyes at Xander... the juncture between her legs still sore. Proof of her "hate" for Spike. "Sure. Whatever."

"Buffy, can I ask you something?"

"Uh-huh?" She stifled a yawn and tried to focus on his face... unable to capture one Xander head from the seven floating above his body.

"Will said Angel stopped by last night. Did you talk to him? You two didn't make up, did you? I mean, you said you saw him... doing it with that vampire."

"No. I didn't talk to him. Why would you think that? I told you guys I'm so over him."

"I know... it's just... we kept trying to call you last night and you didn't answer. We thought... and now, you come here, exhausted. Figured you and him pulled an all-nighter, or something."

"Oh, god!" Buffy rushed off from Xander. She made her way into Giles' office. He, thankfully was out for his lunch. She picked up the phone and dialed.

It rang once and it sounded as though someone picked up... but there was silence. "Spike?" She whispered, mindful anyone could walk in on her.

"Luv." He purred.

"Where was it?"

"What?"

"My cell phone? I didn't even realize I'd left it..."

"Under the seat of my car." He said. "Miss me, Luv?"

"I have to go." Buffy saw Xander walk in.

"You didn't answer my question."

"Argh! Yes. I do. I have to go."

"Don't forget... tonight at sunset."

"I won't. Bye." She slammed the phone down just as Xander walked in.

"Buffster? What's wrong? Who were you talking to?"

"My phone. When you said you'd been trying to call me... I remembered I lost it. I just called it. Some guy found it." She smiled a bit. "My mom would kill me if I lost it."

"Oh. So... you and Angel are over for good, right?"

"Yeah." Buffy reassured him. "As over as over can get. And, I'm okay with it. If he's happy with Drusilla, all the more to him."

"Good." Xander patted her shoulder. "I gotta go. Gym class. You'll be here for research tonight, right?"

"Uh... actually, no. I have to get my cell phone back. And, I promised my mom I'd spend a girls night with her." She answered a little too quickly. Xander took no notice. He was already saying goodbye and heading out of the office.
5 by nataliav
Title: Meant To Be
Part: 5/18

The music in the Bronze blasted loudly... making any conversation pointless. So, Buffy and Spike simply danced. They were grinding against each other tightly. In fact, their whole dance was more of a sex-with-clothes-on act than actually dancing. Many young boys and girls were drooling at the gorgeous, obviously perfect for each other pair.

Buffy couldn't help but notice a young girl sitting in the corner of the Bronze, giggling madly. She was dressed like a living doll, petticoats under her dark pinafore, hair curled into thick spirals atop her head. Buffy was about to say something about her when Spike lowered his lips to her ear, kissing there.

"I love you, Slayer." Spike whispered, thinking Buffy couldn't hear. But, she could. She smiled against his neck.

"You don't know the first thing about love." Angel pulled Buffy away from Spike. Standing behind him were her friends and her Watcher. "You're an evil, soulless killer."

Giles was leafing through a book, shaking his head and muttering, "This is quite unprecedented. The blood on his hands... it wasn't there before." He wasn't even looking at Spike... he just kept reading and reading. Buffy saw Spike's hands coated in blood. "Very intriguing. Though, he is a vampire. It is to be expected. Angel is no different... and he has a soul."

"Buffy." Spike moved to her, but stopped when he saw his sire.

Drusilla made Angel let go of Buffy. "Pretty Angel, you've ruined the surprise." Her mouth setting in a pout. It was frightening. Her smooth skin deathly pale. Dark curls framing her face. Fangs were peaking out from under her upper lip, though she was not in game-face. "I had hoped no one would show what the moon was doing to the sun."

Buffy jerked awake. She rubbed her eyes, trying to shake off the fear and disgust she felt because of that dream. Touching her hand to her forehead, she felt a layer of sweat there. She crawled off her bed, books, which she'd been trying to study from before she'd fallen asleep.

Looking out her window, she saw the sky was a pinkish color. Sunsets where so beautiful... if only the dangers that lay beyond them didn't exist. She rested her elbows on the sil of her window for a second.

"Oh... shoot!" She rushed out of the room and into the bathroom to shower. She'd completely forgotten she was supposed to meet Spike.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike stood underneath Buffy's bedroom window. He had to remind himself to get mad at her for changing there. Didn't she know that anyone could see her doing so? He'd be mad now... except he was enjoying the view of her rushing around in her lacy undergarments, worn ,no doubt, for him, changing in to and then out of different clothes.

She'd actually given up the search for something to wear for the moment so she could do her hair.

Spike tossed his cigarette to the soft earth that surrounded the large tree who's shade he was hiding under. He looked around before returning his attention to his woman.

This was the perfect place for him to watch her. He figured he could stand under the tree for hours without being seen. It was...

"Who are you and what are you doing out here?"

Spike's head snapped to face the woman who'd whacked him over the head with an ax. Buffy's mom. Of all the people to catch him looking into Buffy's bedroom window, it had to be her.

And, it figured, she held gardening tools in hand. A hoe tight in hand. Spike backed away from her. "Uh..."

"That's the coat Buffy wore all this week." She said, not giving him the chance to answer.

"Uh..."

"You must be her boyfriend."

"Uh..."

"I'm Joyce Summers, Buffy's mom. And you are?"

"Uh..." He shook his head to clear it. "William." He figured she might not approve of her daughter seeing a bloke named Spike.

"Nice to meet you William." She held out her hand. "I hope I wasn't being presumptuous about you being Buffy's boyfriend. I get hopeful. I know she has friends, but I do worry about her. She seems so lonely sometimes."

He held out his hand to shake hers. She drew her hand away immediately. "You're freezing cold! Why don't you come on in. I'm sure Buffy has you waiting outside for her because she doesn't think I'll approve, but you seem like a nice boy." She pulled him inside and made him sit in the living room with her.

"So, William, do you go to Buffy's school?"

"No. I..."

"You're British?"

"Yeah."

"You're not related to that Mr. Giles, are you?"

"No."

"How old are you."

"Mom! I'm leaving!" Buffy rushed downstairs for the door, and froze halfway there. "Spike! What are you doing in here!?!"

"Spike?"

"It's a nickname." He said, shifting uncomfortably in his seat.

"I asked him to come in. He was standing outside, and it's so cold. Why didn't you tell me you were going out on a date, Buffy?"

"I wasn't... we were just gonna go to the Bronze."

"You don't have to sneak around if you have a boyfriend, Sweety. In fact, I'd rather you not."

"Well, now you know... and now we have to go." She walked over and grabbed Spike's hand.

"What time will you be home?"

"Uh..." Both Buffy and Spike looked at her dumbly.

"How about midnight?"

"Right. It was nice meeting you Mrs. Summers." Spike smiled at Joyce as Buffy yanked him out the door.

"It was nice meeting you too, William. Have a good time, you two!" She called as they rushed down the sidewalk to Spike's car.

"Oh my god." Buffy buried her face in her hands once Spike had pulled the DeSoto away from her house.

"Luv? I'm sorry. I didn't think anyone would see me out there..."

"What if she asks Willow or Xander about you? They'd tell Giles. What am I going to do?"

"Couldn't you just tell your mum that they don't know? She seemed like a nice bird an' all... I'm sure she'd keep it hush, hush if you asked."

"You think?"

"Yeah." He reached over and cupped her cheek with his palm. He leaned over and kissed her cheek. "You look beautiful, Pet."

"Thanks." She blushed. Despite the horror of her mom finding out about Spike, the night seemed like it'd be a good one. Her nightmare was completely forgotten.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Despite the Bronze having been an excuse to her mom, they'd decided on going there anyway. Nice, normal type date... they just had to be on the lookout for any of her friends. Angel wasn't likely to show since he'd only ever gone in the first place to be around Buffy.

Buffy was having a blast as she and Spike swayed to the music. Spike on the other time was having a hard time keeping his demon in check for two reasons: one being all the bodies... he could practically hear their blood pumping as they danced. He hadn't feed off a human since that first night with Buffy, and he didn't intend to... but it was just so tempting to give in. Second was the fact that young boys kept trying to woo Buffy into dancing with them. He'd never more wanted to rip anybody's heads off in his unlife.

When Buffy had realized he was a bit jealous, she'd led him up to the catwalk, where there were less people.

It was dark up there, and with Buffy's soft body in his arms... hips slowly grinding against his, he was getting very naughty ideas. He wasn't sure Buffy'd go for any of them, though. Oh well. Maybe later. When they were alone.

Buffy sighed happily, wrapping her arms tighter around his neck.

Spike placed a kiss on her head. Wondering how this all happened.

Sure, there had been Dru and Angel's betrayal. But, he'd had feelings for the slayer before. There was no pint in denying that now. He imagined she must of felt something for him too.

In all the times they'd fought, despite the chances they'd had, neither had killed the other. It was funny, the other two slayers he'd killed, he'd just met them. Wham, Bam, thank you ma'am.

It was just something about her that had been different. Or... maybe this was just supposed to happen all along. It sure as hell felt right.

Buffy jerked out of his arms just then. "Luv?"

"Vampire." She said, motioning down below, where a vampire was leading a girl out of the Bronze. It wasn't one of his minions, so Spike didn't really care. When Buffy started to go, he grabbed her hand.

"Where are you going, Luv?"

"Hello? Vampire about to make a nummy treat out of that girl. Me, the one of the scared duty has to stop the evil so she can live ignorantly and happily ever after... yadda, yadda." She said with a roll of her eyes.

"Oh. Right." He frowned, letting her hand go.

Buffy looked at him expectantly for a second before running out.

"Oh, Bugger... she expects me to go with her?" He sighed, rushing after her.

When he got out there, Buffy had just finished dusting the vampire. She looked glorious, really. Still in fighting stance, right arm raised... stake in hand. She motioned for the frightened girl to run off.

The girl looked over at him, then back at Buffy before running off.

Buffy spun to face Spike. He leaned against the wall... opening his arms in an invitation.

She moved to him, he wrapped his arms around her waist as she pressed her body against his, hands gripping at his shirt. He could feel the stake she still held pressing lengthwise against his chest.

He moved them so she was backed against the wall. "Christ, you're so..."

"That's Spike!" Willow cried. Spike turned his head to see three of Buffy's little pals heading to the Bronze.

Buffy shoved him away from her. "Buffy!" They hadn't noticed it was her he was all over. Great... now they'd know. They'd hate her and tell Giles and he'd get all disapprove-y of her. Maybe even get the Watcher's Council after Spike.

"Hurry Buffy, stake him!" But Spike was gone. Buffy sighed in relief.

"He didn't hurt you, did he?" Willow asked, running up to her best friend.

"Uh... no. I was just startled a bit. He snuck up on me." She said quickly. They thought she was being attacked because she was holding a stake in hand. She was thankful they didn't see how she'd been melted against him. "Look, I gotta go home. I was just out to... get something for my mom. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Gee, she's sure been acting weird lately. I mean, more than usual." Cordelia commented as Buffy rushed off.

Buffy heard Xander and Willow agree with her before she was out of hearing range.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mom! I'm home!" Buffy yelled as she dropped her coat on the floor by the door.

"It's barely eight, Buffy. Did something so wrong with you date?"

"Sort of. The gang showed up. They don't really... like Spike. They don't know we're dating. So we decided it'd be best for us to leave. And, here I am."

"Why don't they like William? He was so sweet."

"Well, you know, 'cause he's older and... stuff."

"How much older, Buffy?"

"Only twenty?" Buffy bit her lip. Okay... Spike was probably older than twenty when he was turned, but he could pass for it.

"I can't say I'm happy about that either, Buffy. But, you seem to really like him. So long as your school work isn't affected, I'm okay with this. You're almost seventeen now, and I can't stop you from seeing him. Like I said, he seems sweet and very nice. Just... be careful, okay?"

"I will be, Mom." Buffy hugged her mom. "Could you... not mention him around Xander and Willow?"

"Of course."

"Thanks. You're the best, you know that?" She kissed Joyce's cheek. "I'm gonna go to bed. I feel really burnt out."

"Goodnight, Sweety."

Buffy ran up to her room and shut the door. The night had been a complete bust. What the hell were they doing at the Bronze anyway? They were supposed to be researching with Giles. The jerks.

And, who were they to say she was acting weird? They were just...

Buffy squeaked when Spike stepped out of her closet. "Took you long enough." He whispered. "Least you didn't decide to stay with you mates there."

He walked over to her, pulling her into his arms. "They thought you were attacking me." She said softly.

"Idiots would." He snorted.

"So much for going out."

"Yeah. We can have more fun here anyway."

"We can't. My mom." She pouted, moving away from him.

Spike walked behind her and quickly stripped her of her clothes. He hushed her protests with kisses. When he was finished, she was standing only clad in her underwear.

He took his duster and shoes off, and lead her to the bed. They crawled under the covers and he held her until she fell asleep. He watched her for hours, leaving before sunrise.

A note, wishing her a good day, asking her to meet him at night, greeted her when she woke.
6 by nataliav
Title: Meant To Be
Part: 6/?

The Victorian style house, shaded by trees, was huge. Much more intimidating that any house Buffy had ever see. The outside was a dark grey color. Paint peeling. Grass on the lawn, and flowers in the flower beds all dead. Making the home look rundown. But, the thick black curtains blocking the windows could easily be identified as a velvet material. She chewed on her lower lip as she gazed up at it from the sidewalk. She quickly re-read the number on the small piece of paper she held to confirm the address of the fourth time.

She slipped the paper into her pocket and walked up the steps. She rung the doorbell knowing she'd probably be waiting for a while. Vampires generally slept during the day. Of course, generally, teenage vampire slayers should be at school, not waiting to be admitted into a house full of vampires to see her vampire lover.

But, she'd been forced to spend nearly a week playing the girl she'd been before she and Spike began their little affair. Her friends had been pestering her to no end about why she was being so distant... why she wasn't at home, yet not with them. So, she fought back her desire to run from them and into Spike's waiting arms and smiled. She researched with them. She Bronzed. They did group patrols again.

And it was killing her.

She couldn't stand being away from Spike as long as she'd been. Even though he called her on her cell phone and at home dozens of times a day. One of the last times they'd spoken, he'd given her his address and practically begged her to go... even if only for a few minutes.

She'd decided she'd go. Though she was leaving at lunch, if she was late for or missed a class, she'd be fine. Her grades were high since her mother had insisted she keep her grades up in order to keep seeing Spike. Missing one class wouldn't hurt her.

The door slid open about an inch. A vampire peaked though the slit, yawning. He fished a pair of ancient looking spectacles out of his shirt pocket and slid them on. He smiled a little. "The Master's been expecting you." He moved behind the door, opening it so she could enter. "I'm Dalton." He shut the door, then bowed slightly. "It's my pleasure to be of service to you, Mistress."

"Um... right."

"The Master is up in his bedroom, shall I take you up there?"

"Yeah. I mean, yes, please." She managed to answer. She was fascinated by the decor of the house. It was very, very expensive looking, though not in a gaudy way. The few lights that were on, gave it a soft inviting glow.

They walked up a long flight of steps and down a hallway. There was only one door at the very end of the hall. "That is his room, Mistress."

"Thanks." She quickly went inside, shutting the door behind her.

The room was decorated in dark colors. The carpet a deep red. The curtains surrounding the large bed black. She could see Spike laying under the covers of his bed. His sleeping form frighteningly still.

She made her way to join him, when a small book on his dresser caught her attention. There was a sketch of her on one page. On the neighboring page there was some writing.

"I fear I will have to go without her
My golden goddess
For she deserves much better than I
The creature who kneels before her
Subject to her perfection"

There were a few false starts for the next line. But, nothing seemed to satisfy him. Buffy picked up a pen that was next to the book and wrote something down before laying the pen down on the page and shutting the book. She brushed a few tears away from her cheek.

He drew her... and wrote a poem about her. It was sweet... and touching. Yet, it made her worry just a bit. He felt like he didn't deserve her? He wouldn't dare leave her, would he? "No." She thought. "He wouldn't." Wasn't how frequent he'd called her since they'd been apart a screaming indication that he wouldn't?

She pushed the curtains apart and sat on the edge of the bed. "Spike?" She whispered. When she got no response, she kicked off her shoes and laid on the bed, head on his chest. She pulled his arm around her and snuggled closer.

Spike's dreams of when he was a child morphed quickly into some strange perversion of "The Tell-Tale Heart". He could hear the beating heart loudly... it was deafening. And... he could practically feel the slow pounding against his skin.

He slowly opened his eyes when he felt a heavy warm weight pressed against his left side. His lover's scent washed over him before he looked down to see her. He sat up against the headboard, pulling her with him.

She looked up at him when he did that, smiling. "Hey, Sleepy-head." She pressed a quick kiss to his lips. Spike frowned when he tasted salt there. On her cheeks he could see faint tear-tracks.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming." He shifted her so she was sitting on his lap.

"I wanted to surprise you. I didn't come at a bad time, did I? I mean, I know this is when you sleep and all... but you did say I could come over anytime. And that little vampire guy said you'd been expecting me..." All through her ramble, the pout she'd been sporting got more and more pronounced.

"I know, Luv, I'm just saying... I wouldn't of been asleep if I knew you were coming." He kissed her pouting lips.

"I can't stay long. I have to get back to school in a..." She glanced around for a clock, but found none. "In about a half hour. I haven't been here long, but it took a while to get here."

"See... if you'd of told me, I would have picked you up."

"Nag, nag, nag." She giggled.

"Are you free tonight, Pet?" He kissed along her collar bone.

"Mmmm... Yeah... er..." She shoved his head away. "Stop. I forgot. My dad's picking me up tonight. I'm supposed to spend the weekend with him and his secretary of the week."

It was Spike's turn to pout. "Too bad. When'll you be back?"

"Sunday night."

"How 'bout we do something then?"

"Okay." She smiled brightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike got back from driving Buffy back to school and was trying to settle back to sleep. Having had her in his arms... even though it was only for a short while, inspired him.

He'd spent the past few days actually writing down the poems that came to mind when he'd thought of her. Of course, he'd spent the time thinking about how he shouldn't be with her... or more... how she shouldn't be with him.

Take away the fact that she's the slayer... and she's still a human. A human with an expiration date that'll most likely come before his. A human who he'd never get to show around to his friends... because they'd want to make a meal out of her.

Turning her had crossed his mind. But, he couldn't stand the thought of her being a vampire... killing others... never able to be in the sun.

No. He'd have to be content with the thought of being with her for whatever time he'd had. Be it tomorrow... or years from now when she's old and grey.

He got out of bed and grabbed his journal off his dresser. He opened it where his pen was wedged between his latest drawing and poem about her. He was about to flip to a blank page when he realized the last two lines of the poem weren't written in his writing. He read them over and over again. Shocked... and pleased to no end. It was Buffy's writing.

"But, I would die without you
Because I love you beyond words"
7 by nataliav
Title: Meant To Be
Part: 7/18

"This book is really fascinating." Willow thought. Her face was buried in a book about the mating rituals of some demon. The words bled into each other. The horrifying pictures of the boinking demons were blurs.

The harder she tried to focus on the book, the less she seemed to be able to. All she could hear were Xander and Cordelia's lips smacking, their giggles and their hushed whispers.

They were supposed to be researching. The lack of demon activity had Giles worried. He feared something big was going to happen.

She wished Buffy wasn't at her father's house for the weekend. At least then they could rush off somewhere... away from the cause of her heart breaking. At least Buffy would be back the next afternoon. She'd be able to spill her guts then.

Xander and Cordelia had come out about their relationship earlier in the week... when they'd been discovered in a broom closet. A good deal of the Sunnydale High population had seen them. Their was no point in them lying about it anymore.

"Hey Will, whatcha reading?" Xander asked.

Willow lowered her book from her face to see look at him briefly. Cordelia was on his lap. She forced herself not to cringe. "Reading?" She closed the book to look at the title. "The uh... "Mating Rituals of the Disamorlrek Demon."

"I think you need a boyfriend if you're reading that." Cordelia snickered.

Willow blushed and stood up. "I better go. I told my mom I'd be home early tonight." She grabbed her things and quickly rushed out... but not before she heard Cordelia shout that she'd forgotten her book.

She could feel her heated face, and the tears that had begun to form. She would not cry about Xander Harris anymore. If he liked someone as cruel as Cordelia, fine. She could have him.

She was rushing down the street when a pair of bright headlights came rushing towards her. She was still as they stopped inches form her.

Her whole life had flew before her eyes. It was sad. She didn't want to die when she'd done so very little with herself in her sixteen years.

The driver of the large van rushed out. "Hey! Are you alright?" It was a boy with orange hair.

"Yeah. Sorry." She blinked a couple of times, then looked at him. He was really cute. Probably just about her age. In fact, he did kind of look familiar.

"Sorry I almost ran you over." He stated.

"It's okay." She smiled weakly. "I'm Willow."

"Oz." He held out his hand, smiling. She shook his hand.

"You shouldn't be out this late at night by yourself."

"I guess not. I was just heading home, though."

"Come on, I'll drive you." He held the passengers side door open for her to enter.

"Thanks." She climbed in and pulled the seat-belt on.

Oz rushed around and got in the drivers seat. He smiled at her again as he pulled away from the school.

Xander frowned as he and Cordelia watched from the entrance of the school. "Looks like Willow made a new friend." His girlfriend said.

"Yeah. I guess so."

"Come on." Cordelia tugged on his arm, pulling him to her car. He kept glancing back down the road where the black van had disappeared down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Willow gleefully introduced Oz to Xander and Cordelia the next day, when they'd bumped into each other on the street. They were going out on a date to the park later, which was just fine with Willow.

There was something about Oz. He was so sweet. And, he seemed to really like her. And... he was in a band. How cool would that be, if they actually got to couple status, to be able to say her boyfriend was in a band? It'd be way cool.

She'd called Buffy and told her all about Oz after he'd dropped her off at home. Buffy sounded truly happy for her, and said she couldn't wait to meet him.

But, Xander... he didn't seem too happy with Oz there. Cordelia said she'd known Oz for ages. Having dated the lead singer of the band Oz played with.

After a few moments, she and Oz left. They went to the park and set up the picnic things they had taken with them.

"This is nice." Willow sighed happily. Her feelings for Xander were all forgotten. All there was left was a warm blossoming feeling inside her for Oz. It was just... boom. They met and all her misery was gone.

She wondered if it was love at first sight. It felt like it. Or... what she thought it should feel like.

"Yeah, it is." Oz agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Willow spent all day with Oz. At night, they went to The Bronze. They'd been there for about an hour or so. Dancing a little, but mostly sitting and talking... getting to know each other.

"So, how many concerts have you done?"

"It's hard to say. I guess maybe fifty or so."

"Wow. I hope you guys are gonna have a concert soon. I'd love to hear you play."

"We're having a concert next Friday."

"Really? Cool. I am so there."

"That's great." He took her hand from across the table. Willow's face was bright red. It was the first time any boy had ever done that. Well, aside from Jesse and Xander. But, it had always been friendly.

"I'm gonna go... to the bathroom." Willow squeaked. She had to compose herself. She didn't want Oz thinking she was a loser or anything. She could only begin to imagine how she'd react if he ever kissed her.

She ran into the bathroom, splashing water on her heated face.

"Hey, Willow." Harmony stood beside Willow, putting on lipstick. "Who's that total hottie Buffy's making out with?"

"Huh? Buffy's here?"

"Yup. Up on the catwalk with a babe. Though... he does kinda seem like a freak. So, maybe they're perfect for each other."

Willow frowned. Great. She was back with Angel. It made sense, though. How withdrawn she'd been recently. "Is he a big, tall guy... brown hair?"

"Nope. He's a little taller than her. Bleach blonde hair. Wearing all back."

Willows eyes widened. No... it couldn't be. "Long black coat?"

"Yup. So what's his name?"

"Spike."

"Spike? Yup. Freak." Harmony shrugged, losing interest, and walked out with her friends.

"No, no, no, no, no. It can't..." Willow walked out and climbed up the steps of the catwalk. In a dark corner, she could see Spike's back. She paused on the step she was on. There were tanned arms around his shoulders. Well manicured nails digging into his jacket. "There's no way..."

"Let's get out of here, Pet. We have a lot of time to make up for." Spike said.

"Okay. My mom's gonna be working at the gallery late tonight, so we could got to my place." It was unmistakably Buffy's voice.

"Sounds like a plan." Spike pulled away, giving Willow the perfect view of her best friend. Lips a swollen pink color, hair slightly messed up. They held hands as they walked down the other stairs, luckily for Willow.

She stood there, shell-shocked. Buffy and Spike? Buffy and Spike making out? Spike not killing Buffy? Buffy and Spike going to her home when her mom was gone... to make up for lost time?

It hit her then. Buffy had worn a long black coat some weeks ago. No one had thought anything of it. But... that was Spike's. "Oh, god."

"There you are." She spun around on to see Oz, concerned. "I was getting worried. What were you doing up here?"

"Nothing. Sorry. I didn't mean to take so long." Taking the hand he offered to her, they walked back to their table.
8 by nataliav
Title: Meant To Be
Part: 8/18

Buffy rubbed her eyes as she and Xander walked to the library. Earlier in the morning, Giles had told them that they'd really have to hit the books on the lack of vamps situation. The Council had found out about it and wasn't too happy. When they threatened to send some people out there to help figure out what was going on, Giles promised they'd figure it out... that they didn't need their help.

"Wow, Will looks like she's on a mission." Xander pointed towards Willow, who was making a be-line towards them. Her resolve face on. Her eyes focused on Buffy's face.

"Hey Willow." Buffy smiled when the tiny redhead stopped right in front of her.

"We need to talk." She said shortly, walking off.

"I wonder what's up with her?" Xander questioned. Buffy shrugged and followed Willow.

"Hey, slow down. What's wrong? You seem upset."

"What's wrong?" Willow cried angrily once they reached the girls bathroom. "What's wrong? You've been lying to me... us, and making out with a vampire! That's what's so wrong!"

Buffy quickly scanned the bathroom, making sure it was empty. "I don't know what you're talking about Willow." She did, though, She figured Willow somehow connected her not being around a lot of the time to her being back with Angel.

"Last night at The Bronze." Willow seemed to calm down a bit. Patches of red were still on her cheek. "I saw you on the catwalk." Buffy's face paled. "With Spike."

Buffy shook her head violently. "Willow, it's not...."

"Buffy... why? And why didn't you tell me?"

Buffy started crying. "I don't know. It just happened. I can't help how I feel about him. I wanted to tell you... so bad. But, everyone was so happy when they found out Angel and I were over... and Spike doesn't have a soul..."

"And has tried to kill you." She suddenly reached over to feel for a pulse. Buffy slapped her hand away, shocked.

"Willow!"

"I just wanted to make sure. When did this all happen?"

"The night I saw Angel with Drusilla. She was Spike's sire. He was hurt. I was hurt. We just... it just happened."

"So... it's all about comfort then?" Willow's eyes widened when she'd processed what Buffy had said. "You slept with him!" Buffy nodded. "Wow. What was it like? No! I mean, Buffy, he's a vampire! A no-souled, evil, bad, bad, bad vampire."

"It's not about comfort. And he's not what you said. Well, okay, he has no soul, but he's not bad. He's so sweet to me."

"Really?"

"Uh-huh. I saw this poem he wrote about me. It was so sweet. And, he hasn't made any attempts at our lives since we..."

"Buffy, I have to tell Giles."

"No. No, you don't. You can't. Please."

"Buffy, maybe you care about Spike, but, he's still a vampire. Maybe he hasn't made any attempts at our lives, but... what about all the other people he's killed? Have you thought about that? At least with Angel... he had a soul and wouldn't kill people."

"I love him, Will. And, he cares about me. I know he does. You've seen that the death rates have gone down to almost nothing! You can't tell Giles. He'll kill him."

"I'm sorry Buffy." Willow said sadly, exiting the bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike smiled at Joyce that evening as she opened the door for him. "Good evening, Mrs. Summers. How are you?" He handed her a flower out of the bouquet he'd brought for Buffy.

"Thank you, William. I'm all right. But, I'm afraid Buffy's not too well. She's been locked in her room all day. I'm glad you're here. Maybe seeing you will lift her spirits."

Spike frowned, laying the bouquet down on the coffee table in the living room. "Can I go up?" Joyce nodded.

Spike bounded up the steps three at a time. He knocked lightly on the door. He heard a muffled, "Go away."

"Pet? It's me. Can I come in?"

The door flung open after a few seconds. "Spike." She whimpered, practically throwing herself into his arms.

"Luv, What's wrong?" He pulled her tightly to him as he shut the door to her room and pulled her to her bed. He sat, pulling her onto his lap.

"Willow knows about us. She's going to... or maybe she already did tell Giles about you. I practically begged her not to."

"She thinks she's doing the right thing." Spike kissed her furrowed brow.

"I can't bear the thought of losing you." She burrowed herself deeper into his embrace.

"Shhh. Luv, it'll be all right. I promise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike leaned against the wall near the door of the Bronze. The bouncer kept giving him glares. The burly man had even asked him what he thought he was doing. Spike had glared hard at him, telling him he was waiting to have a word with someone.

And he was.

The little redhead, Willow, who knew about him and Buffy. Assuming she hadn't already told Buffy's Watcher, he'd make sure she wouldn't.

He'd been waiting outside the Bronze for some time. He knew she was in there. With some boy, obviously on a date. How she could be so carefree, when she was causing so much pain, he couldn't begin understand.

Willow and her date walked out of the Bronze. She did seem a bit distracted as the boy talked to her. She was answering him only with nods of her head.

"I need to talk to you." He stepped out form the shadows, stopping them from walking.

Willow let out a squeak. "Spike!" She fumbled in her jacket and whipped out a cross.

"I thought you were Jewish?" The boy asked, puzzled.

"Will you put that away?" He growled, annoyed as she gathered up her nerve and moved closer... the cross dangerously close.

"Willow?"

"He's evil! He'll try to kill us." She said. The boy moved in front of her protectively.

"I will do no such bloody thing. I only wanted to talk... though I've half a mind to rip that pretty little head of yours off your neck for all the pain you've caused Buffy."

"I never meant to cause her any pain." Willow lowered the cross, though still clutching it tightly. She nudged Oz from in front of her. "It's okay, Oz."

"I know I've missed something really big here."

"Spike's a vampire." At Oz's look, she promised to explain later, before giving him the quick brief of what was happening. "And, Buffy, she's the vampire slayer. When we were here the other day, I saw him and Buffy making out. Mr. Giles... the librarian, is Buffy's Watcher. I'm going to tell him, because slayer's shouldn't be with vampires"

"She was with Angel and you never said a thing!"

"Angel has a soul."

"Yeah, and see how that stopped him from cheating on her with Dru."

"What did you want to talk about?" She huffed.

"You can't tell her Watcher... or any of your other mates. It's killing her. If you care about her at all..."

"And let her keep whatever she has with you a dirty little secret?"

"It's not like this has hurt anyone."

"It will. Buffy. When you kill one of us, or her mom. Or her!"

"I've stopped killing humans."

"What?" Willow asked wide-eyed.

"Why do you think there's so many people running around at night... and so few vamps? Ask around at the butchers shop if you don't believe me. Its costing me an arm and a leg to keep me and my minions in pig and cow blood. I'd do anything for Buffy. And, if you tell her what I just told you, I'll make an exception about not killing."

"You really care about her." Willow seemed surprised.

"Yeah, what of it?" He mumbled.

Willow bit her lip. "I won't tell. But... if you hurt her..."

"You don't have to tell me, Red. I'm not an idiot." He smiled gratefully, before walking off down the alley. He had to tell Buffy the good news.
9 by nataliav
Title: Meant To Be
Part: 9/18

Angel glanced down at the sleeping Drusilla. She was so beautiful. Her sad, tragic style of beauty would of been lost hundreds of years ago if not for him. But, her innocence would have been preserved. He couldn't think of which was the better. He'd never stop feeling guilty about her.

His guilt fueled him. It was all he had besides her.

He'd had Buffy. How it killed him to think of how she'd felt in his arms. The sweet scent that was all over her and on everything she ever touched.

He hadn't seen her in months. Not up close, anyway. He'd see her sometimes at the Bronze with her friends. But, she scarcely went there anymore. She definitely didn't research with the others anymore.

He went often enough to the high school's library know that. Giles was still looking up the curse, but had little luck. Angel'd taken Dru a few times with him. Which had proved to be a mistake. He'd been forced to chain her up while he was gone at night... it made her irritable.

Surrounded by the teenagers, one night she'd snapped. She'd started raving about Willow and her secrets and lies... and told Xander his heart was a traitor, even to himself. The worst thing was when she tried to feed off Cordelia. He'd decided it'd be best to leave her chained up, instead of letting her out until she got a soul.

"You don't love me." Dru sat up, weeping.

"Of course I do, you know I love you." He forced her to lay back down. She'd been having trouble sleeping as of late. "Go back to sleep, Dru."

"You say you love me, but, I know you're thinking of her. Do I not make you happy, my sweet Angel?"

"You're the only one I think about." He groaned inwardly. He really wasn't in the mood to deal with her like this now.

"I see her swirling all over your mind... your heart. Good angels don't tell lies." She climbed out of bed. "I don't know what it is about her that makes you love her."

"Who?"

"The Slayer. You think of her while your with me. You think I don't know, because you scream my name, but I do. I see it when you shut your eyes. Pretending I'm warm and alive... not cold and dead. Not the monster you made me. I think Miss Edith was right when she said you never really loved me." She looked at him, smiling sadly. "I should have never betrayed my William. He loved me. But, I had hoped you might really love me. Now he's lost to me. Lost the same as you."

Angel sighed, getting out of bed, he gathered Dru into his arms. "I do love you Drusilla. We're meant for each other. Yes, I think about Buffy, but, only like you do of Spike. I swear, I love you more than anything."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike watched Buffy as she spoke to a few of his minions animatedly. They were girls, probably in their twenties when Dru'd had them turned. His lover was giving them tips on the latest fashions and hair styles.

"Just because you're dead doesn't mean you should let yourself go. I mean, you're gonna be around for a really long time. You have to look your best. And you can't look like you came with a bang right out of the Disco era, ya know?" The vamps nodded. "Don't be afraid to pick up a fashion magazine or two. It's not like they're laced in holy-water. Fashion magazines can only prove to be your friends." Buffy handed them the latest Cosmo, Vogue, Vanity Fair, In Style, and a few teen magazines.

Spike was surprised that she didn't seem to mind socializing with them. Considering it was her calling to kill them all. But, he figured if she was willing to shag the Big Bad, then being nice to a few vamps wasn't such a hard thing for her to do.

"Spike, I gotta get home. It's almost midnight." Spike pouted as she headed to the door.

"You're gonna be late no matter how quickly we leave. Why not stay a bit longer?" He followed her reluctantly.

"Because there's a difference in getting in trouble for being a few minutes late and getting home hours later than I should. You don't really want me to be grounded, do you?"

"No." He sulked.

"Come on, big baby," She teased. "Mom did say that I could stay out way late on my birthday."

"Mmmm. True." He slid an arm around her waist as they left his house. "What do you want for your birthday, Luv?"

"Well, I get to spend the night with you. What more could I want?" She stretched up to plant a kiss on his cheek.

"I'll just have to surprise you then." He opened the car door for her and she slid in the seat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike shifted from his right foot to his left. He found it impossible to meet Joyce's angry eyes. He kept looking at Buffy, who stood behind her mother, biting her bottom lip. Her eyes were glistening with unshed tears as Joyce was threatening to make Buffy stop seeing him.

The two had gotten to Buffy's house right at midnight. Buffy found a note from her mom saying she'd be at the gallery to unpack a shipment that had arrived late for a showing the next day.

Thinking they were in the clear, they'd gone up to her room. About twenty minutes later, Joyce came into Buffy's room to see her daughter underneath Spike, gasping, moaning, and very naked... in the middle of their orgasms.

"She is just a child!" Joyce cried, angry, upset and more than a little unhappy that she was having to deal with this now. She knew that teenagers were having sex far younger than Buffy, but, she just didn't want to see her child go through any of that.

"Mom... I'm sorry." Buffy said quietly. "But, I love him." Spike froze. Sure, she'd written those words in the journal where he kept his poems, but, she'd never said the words to him. His unbeating heart swelled. "And, I know you're upset and disappointed, but, it would of happened sooner or later."

Joyce faced Buffy. She seemed a little less angry than before. She stroked Buffy's hair, before facing Spike. "Did the two of you use protection?"

"Yes." Spike lied easily. There was no way he could explain to her that there was no need without dragging out what he was, or what Buffy was for that matter.

"I'm not happy about this at all." Joyce sighed. "You're older than Buffy, a fact which I brushed aside because I could tell she really liked you, and I thought you'd be more respectful of not only her but of myself as well."

"I respect you, Mrs. Summers. And I respect Buffy more than you could know. And," He sighed. "I love her more than I've ever loved anyone."

He smiled at Buffy when she let out a squeak of surprise. Her were wide and her mouth was opening and closing, like she was going to say something. "You do?" She finally managed.

"Yeah."

Joyce ruined the moment by launching into how Buffy would be seeing a gynecologist first thing after she got from school the next day, and how the two were not to do anything until Buffy was on birth control.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy was rushing towards her house. She had a date with Spike in less than an hour and she had to get ready... she was a mess from training with Giles. "Gotta get home. Gotta get home... Ahhh!" Buffy was down on the ground before she knew what hit her. "Sonofa..."

"I'm sorry, Buffy." Buffy looked up to see Angel standing over her, his hand out to her.

She stood on her own, pretending to not have seen his offered hand, and backed away from him. "Uh... hey, Angel."

"It's been a long time."

"Not long enough." She thought. She wasn't angry with him. No. She'd gotten over that the second she and Spike first kissed. It was just... weird. "Yeah, it has been."

"I've really wanted to talk to you. It just felt like it'd been too long. That this would be too awkward."

"You took the words right out of my mouth." She laughed a bit. "So, how's Drusilla? Giles' said you wanted to get her a soul. How does she feel about that?"

"About Dru, Buffy, you gotta understand..."

"Angel, I do. I'm okay with it. Really. I mean, it was a shock at first. But, I'm okay about it."

"Really?"

"Yup."

"Buffy, there's something I've been wanting to talk to you about. I thought about mentioning it to Giles, but, I didn't want to bother him anymore than I already have. Spike used to be with Drusilla. After she and I..." Angel looked away for a spilt second. "He was gone. All his things... his minions."

"He must of left town, right?" She shrugged, hoping to turn the conversation away from Spike.

"That's what I thought too. But, a while back, I saw one of his minions at the butcher shop getting a truckload of blood. I just thought you should be careful. He might have something big planned."

"Yeah. I will. Thanks. Look, I gotta run. My mom's expecting me home." Confused by Angel's little bit on news concerning her lover, she turned away and started walking.

"Buffy, wait." She stopped and faced him. "We can be friends, can't we? I'd hate to lose you in my life."

"Of course, Angel." She tried to smile, but couldn't. All she could think of was Spike... and a minion of his getting blood from the butchers?

She'd kind of accepted he'd gone on hunting, but was perhaps discrete about it. Funny she was willing to let him, if he had been. But, what Angel said, that meant he wasn't feeding, right? Or his minions. For her?

She have to ask him about it tonight, that was for sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angel frowned as he watched Buffy walk away. She'd almost crashed into a street lamp. She'd always been a strange girl, but, something was wrong.

He decided he'd better follow her home. No sense in getting her killed by some stray vamp because she wasn't paying attention to where she was walking. He made sure he was far enough behind so she wouldn't sense him.

When she walked onto her street block, past a large bush, a vampire jumped out at her. Or more particularly, Spike. He grabbed Buffy around the waist, his mouth latching onto her neck.

He knew Spike was up to something!

Buffy let out a yelp, shoving him away. Angel was going to rush over to help her, but didn't when she spoke, "Spike! You startled me!" She socked him lightly on his arm.

"Didn't sense me?"

"I was thinking about stuff."

"Like me, perhaps?" The blonde grinned, moving to hold Buffy around her waist. Angel wasn't sure if that, or the fact that she placed her arms around him as well, shocked him more.

"Sort of. Spike, I heard that you had your minions buy blood... from the butchers."

"Yeah, I do. What of it?" He let go of her and lit a cigarette. Angel knew this was a habit the blonde had picked up in his fledgling days. Whenever he got nervous or uncomfortable, he'd light up a cigarette. "Who told you? Red?"

"Willow knows? Why does Willow know and not me?" Buffy pouted.

"So, Red didn't squeal. Who told you, Buffy? Was it Dalton? I swear I'll wring his bloody neck..."

"Angel told me. Just a little while ago."

"You spoke to the Poofter?"

"Only for a minute."

"Didn't let him get too close, did you? If he smelled me on you, I'm dead."

"Er."

"Huh?"

"Deader. Duh." She giggled. "No. He kinda stood far away from me the whole time. But... I didn't think he could smell... wait, does that mean other vampires can smell... what we do?"

"Probably." He tossed the cigarette to the ground. "What'd you two talk about?"

"Nothing, really. We kinda bumped into each other on accident. But, he seemed like he wanted to make sure my girlie feelings weren't hurt 'cause he's with Drusilla."

"And were your girlie feelings hurt?"

"You of all people should know how glad me and my girlie feelings are to him for that night." She took his hand in hers. "I mean it, Spike, that I love you."

"I know, Buffy." Spike pulled her to him and kissed her.

Angel just stood there, hidden by his distance and a few trees, horrified, shocked and jealous. He'd always hated his grand-childe. But, he'd never more wanted to torture him and see him burst into a cloud of dust than in that moment.
10 by nataliav
Title: Meant To Be
Part: 10/18


Buffy bit her lip. Spike wondered if she kept biting long or hard enough, if she would bleed. That thought had his eyes fixed on her lower lip as he was being grilled by her father.

He'd simply nod or grunt his responses. That, he knew, would gain him little favor in Hank Summers eyes. But, he really didn't care. Though Buffy only praised her father to him, even when mentioning his obvious ho women, Spike knew the mans lack of actual parenting and bonding time bothered and hurt both Summers women. In Spike's eyes, the man was not worth his time or effort.

Buffy's red, swollen lips were a much more interesting point of attention, anyhow.

"What exactly do you do, William?" Hank asked, intentionally moving into Spike's area of vision after seeing where the boys gaze was.

"I uh..."

"He goes to Sunnydale U, Dad. I told you that the last time we talked on the phone." Buffy said, quickly.

"What's your major?"

"Hank, Buffy's told you all of this before." Joyce interrupted. "Dinner's ready."

That evening was planned out to be a nice dinner with Spike joining Buffy and Joyce. He was also being allowed to spend the night in Buffy's bedroom, (seeing as how the next day was her birthday and a weekend), so long as the door was kept open at all times. Spike figured Joyce thought they wouldn't try anything if there was the chance of her popping in at any moment. But, Spike knew they'd try something. He was a very creative man after all.

But, then Hank had shown up. He'd wanted to be there for his baby girls birthday. Joyce had tried to explain that Buffy would be spending the chief of the day and night with Spike, and a couple of hours with her friends, but, Hank had pretended not to hear.

Nobody would be able to say Hank Summers was a deadbeat, or bad dad. All he had to do was put in a few extra hours with the ex and the kid, and he'd be a great dad.

The four of them sat down at the table. The tension was thick as Joyce served them with Buffy's help. They ate in silence for sometime before anyone spoke.

It was Joyce. "What hotel are you staying at, Hank? Maybe Buffy could visit you between the things she has planned."

"I actually didn't book a room." He said, his mouth full of pasta. "I was hoping I could stay here."

Buffy paled. "Here?"

"Yes. Wouldn't you like that, Sweetheart? I can make you and your mother my famous omelets in the morning."

"I..." She glanced at Spike, then Joyce.

Joyce shrugged. "Would the sofa be alright?"

"I guess if you don't mind sleeping on it..." He glared when Spike choked on his food.

"She meant you on the sofa, Dad." Buffy said, patting Spike's back.

"Oh... right." He laughed a hollow little laugh. "I was... just joking around."

"Yes. Always the kidder." Joyce muttered with a roll of her eyes.

"So," wanting to divert attention from himself, he faced Spike, "Buffy says your twenty. Don't you think you're a bit old for her."

"S'only a three year difference." Spike answered. "Doesn't seem like such a vast difference. I mean, I could be a hundred years older than her."

"Yeah." Buffy slapped a hand over her mouth when she laughed. "That'd be uber old."

Hank frowned at the two. "How long have you been seeing each other again?"

"Almost three months." Buffy and Spike answered in unison.

Hank frowned at the dreamy look his daughter got whenever she looked at Spike. As though he were the end all be all. He didn't like that. Weren't father's supposed to be that for their daughters until they were much older?

The rest of the meal was spent in silent simmering tension. The tension broke into full fledged anger, on Hanks part, as Buffy and Spike headed up to her bedroom right after dinner.

"You're letting her take him up to her room?" He shouted at Joyce. Buffy and Spike stood on the steps, watching the scene below them.

"He's spending the night here, Hank." She said taking a shaky breath. She had hoped to put off telling him for as long as possible. She knew just how he would react.

"What!?! You let that man sleep in her bed?"

"This is just a one time deal." Joyce explained. She would never tell him abut the time she caught them together, or Buffy's later confession that whenever she was out of town, Spike would spend the night. "The door to her bedroom will stay open, I'll be down the hall. It's perfectly innocent."

"Nothing about," He glared and pointed at Spike, "him is innocent."

"This is not up for discussion, Hank. All Buffy asked for her birthday was to be able to spend time with William. Besides, she's very mature, as William is respectful."

"Daddy, please, Spike and I won't do anything. Don't be mad." Buffy, for all she was, sounded so much like a little girl. Spike remained silent, holding Buffy's small, shaking hand in his. His thumb making itty-bitty circles in her palm.

Hank mumbled something and marched into the living room. Joyce told the two goodnight before they rushed up to the sanctuary of her room

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy smiled when she sat up. The sun was peeking out from around the shut blinds. She was officially seventeen. And, it looked like it was gonna be a killer day. Her lover lay sleeping still.

They'd spent most of the night up, talking and trying to do stuff without arousing Joyce's (who'd stayed awake all night, continually walking in on them), suspicions. Even Hank had gone up to check on them his fair share.

Buffy bent and placed a kiss atop Spike's unruly hair. He always looked so gorgeous first thing in the morning. It made her heart do little flip-flops to think that she was privileged enough to see him like that as often as she did.

She slid her hands under the tight tee-shirt he wore, raking her nails over his sculpted abs. A smirk played over his lips when she did it. "I think I could get used to this sort of wake-up call." He murmured in that sultry bedroom voice of his. Buffy shivered. God, how she wanted him... how she loved him. He pulled her on top of him and kissed her softly. "Morning, Beautiful. Happy birthday."

"Mmm... good morning to you too." She smiled against his lips assault on her own.

"Think your mum would object if we showered together?"

"Spike..." Buffy , she was going for a firm tone, but ended up giggling.

"What? She never said we couldn't, per-say."

"I'll thank you not to ravage my daughter while I'm under the same roof." Both blondes looked up to see Joyce in the doorway. She was smiling a bit. Spike made Buffy happy, she could see that. And, since giving the threat of making Buffy stop seeing him if her grades were bad, Buffy's grades had actually gone up. She was getting "B's" in her classes. All the girl needed was the right incentive. Maybe it wasn't what the best parents would do... but, she wanted Buffy to live. She wanted her to be happy. And, she knew Spike would never hurt her.

Buffy was in good hands. Though... she wasn't too ecstatic about the literal part of that.

Buffy moved away from Spike, sitting on the edge of the bed. "Morning."

"Happy birthday, Buffy." She held out a small box. "There's more, but, I wanted to give you this first."

"Yea! Presents already!" Buffy squeaked, hoping up to grab the box. She shook it before ripping at the pretty and lovingly put on wrapping. Buffy pulled out a green dress she'd seen at a store that had cost over a hundred bucks. She'd mooned over the dress for days. "Oh my god, Mom ,thank you!" She jumped up, clutching the dress in one hand, and hugged Joyce tightly. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"You welcome." She hugged Buffy back. "Willow called. She wanted to know what time you were going to meet them for breakfast."

"Ugh." Buffy made a face. She hated having to hang out with her friends. It wasn't that she didn't love them... 'cause she did. Well, she still sort of hated Cordy... but... she tried to be nice for Xander's sake. She just didn't want to spend all day with them... and leaving Spike trapped in the house with her father was so not of the good.

Sure, he could run out to his car if he really wanted to. But, he was still at risk of walking into an open windowed living room. She had debated telling her mom. But, she was still so afraid of being rejected for being the slayer-freak that she was.

"Guess I'd better call her back." She folded the dress and laid it on the bed. Spike snatched it up immediately and began examining the scar of lace and silk she'd no doubt end up wearing for what he had planned later that night. Buffy called Willow and told her she'd meet her, Xander, Oz, Cordelia and Giles in an hour.

Buffy rushed to shower. She put on skin tight pants that flared at the bottom, and a tank top. "I'll try not to be too long." She kissed Spike's cheek as she yanked on a pair of huge platforms. "Please don't kill my dad."

Spike smirked evilly. "I wouldn't kill him. Can't guarantee anything else, though."

Buffy rolled her eyes. "Bye, Spike."

"Wait, Luv..." Buffy stood in the doorway. Spike searched though his duster for his car keys and tossed them to her. "There's something for you in the trunk."

"You got me something? You didn't have to get me anything."

Spike shrugged, looking mildly embarrassed. "Saw it and thought of you."

Buffy ran down stairs and out to Spike's car that was in the driveway next to Joyce's SUV. She popped the trunk to see a long white box there. There was a red bow on top that looked like it had seen better days. There was a little white card with her name scrawled in Spike's writing. She pulled the lid off and grinned. It was a long black coat, just like his, except new and it fit her perfectly.

She slipped it on and went back inside to thank him for it. After twenty minutes, she made it back downstairs and said goodbye to her parents before going to the restaurant where she was going to meet her friends at.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Happy birthday, Buffy!" Everyone shouted when she rushed into the little back room the hostess had ushered her in to. Willow, Xander, Cordelia, Oz and Giles were there, throwing confetti in the air and blowing into little party favors.

They each hugged Buffy... even Cordelia. It did seem as though it pained her, however.

Everything was wonderful. The presents, the food. Buffy was glad she'd come. Sure, spending time with Spike would have been better, but, this was good.

Except... something was wrong with Giles. Everyone else seemed to be having fun, but, the Watcher gaze was leveled on his slayer. Buffy couldn't figure it out, but, it was making her uncomfortable... and very nervous.

She didn't doubt for a second that Willow wouldn't tell everyone about her and Spike. But, she wondered if maybe she'd let something slip by accident. She had been playing cover for Buffy since she found out... but she was the worst liar.

When he'd gotten up to pay the bill, she followed. "Giles, is something wrong?"

"I don't know, Buffy. You tell me. Angel called me two nights ago, telling me he had something disturbing to tell me about you. He was going to show me whatever it was tonight. Now, you can tell me whatever this is now, or wait until Angel inevitably tells me."

Buffy bit her lip. Angel knew. Two nights ago was when she'd bumped into him. Maybe he did smell Spike on her. Or maybe he'd gone by her house later and saw Spike's car in the drive.

"I-I'll tell you. But, not here... not in front of them."

Giles frowned a little more. "I had hoped Angel was making something up. Apparently not."

They walked back to the table. Buffy's head hanging low.

"Did you like your presents?" Xander asked.

"Yeah, thanks again, guys."

"Yes, unfortunately, Buffy and I have to train. It's a requirement for slayers to make sure they are up to par with each passing year. We will see you this Monday."

"Buffy?" Only Willow noticed the look on Buffy's face.

"I'll call you later Will." Buffy said before following Giles out onto the street.

"All right, Buffy, what is this disturbing news?"

"It's not... not bad, so to speak. Just..." She took a shaky breath. "SpikeandIhavebeentogetherforawhilenow,butIswearhe'sstoppedhunting."

Giles stopped walking. He removed his glasses and blinked rapidly. "Could you repeat that? I thought I heard you say you and Spike have been... together?" He let out a bark of a laughter. "I must of been hearing things. At least now whatever it was won't seem so terribly awful."

Buffy shook her head, tears spilling from her eyes. "That's it. He's at my house right now. He... he spent the night. He bought me this coat for my birthday. I love him. And, he loves me."

Giles laughed again before swaying and falling towards the ground. Buffy caught him before he hit the cement. "Giles?" She whimpered. Of all the things he could have possibly done... the man fainted like a little girl. She'd expected yelling, or furious cleaning of his glasses at the least. Definitely not fainting.

She looked up when a crowd started gathering. "Is he all right?" "Do you need help?" "Should we call am ambulance?"

"He'll be fine. I think getting an ambulance would be a gross misuse of Sunnydale's emergency workers." She pulled her cell phone out of her purse and dialed Jenny Calendar.

Five minutes later, Giles was still out cold. Jenny pulled up to the curb and they got him in her car. "What happened Buffy?" She asked.

"I told him something. I guess he wasn't too happy with it... not that I blame him."

"What did you tell him?"

Well? What was one more person? Everyone would know soon. "Remember Spike?" Jenny nodded. "I've been with him for, like, three months. Willow's known for a while. I guess Angel found out. He was gonna tell Giles. It's better that I'm the one that told him, right? Isn't that's how it supposed to work?"

Jenny sighed. What had she ever gotten herself involved in by coming to Sunnydale? It was supposed to be so simple. Make sure Angel suffered for his crime against her people... against humanity. She wasn't supposed to care for these people. To share their pain.

"I wish I knew how he would react, Buffy. But, I don't. Spike's tried to kill you all numerous times."

"Only a few times." She mumbled. "Ms. Calendar, he's gonna hate me and I don't want him to. They all will. They won't understand that I love him... that he completes me. I mean, Willow's known, but, she's always saying he'll kill me if I turn my back, and that's not true. He's changed. He really loves me."

Jenny didn't say anything. She knew what happened to her people at Spike and Drusilla's hands after Angel got souled. There had been no torture, but, the carnage... their clan was depleted greatly because of him and Drusilla.

She'd been working for months trying to translate the curse. She'd give it to Giles once she was done. Until then, she'd held her tongue about having the actual curse in her hands. She'd happily curse Drusilla. She needed to suffer for her crimes against her people. Maybe she could do a curse on Spike too. Assuming she could find more than one Orb of Thesulah.
11 by nataliav
Title: Meant To Be
Part: 11/18
Dedication: The chapter is dedicated to Pat. Thank you. :D

Waiting had never been one of Buffy's strong suits... especially when it was waiting to get yelled at. At least, she thought Giles would do some serious yelling once he woke. Jenny had been upstairs, talking in a low tone to him. What she was saying was beyond Buffy.

Her mind kept drifting to Spike. Spike who was trapped all day indoors with her parents. And, she was due home soon. Only now, she wouldn't' be able to go until Giles was awake.

Jenny walked down the steps. Her face was grim. "Rupert is awake. I told him you were here, but, he told me he doesn't want to see you right now."

"What?" Buffy felt like crying. "But, he needs to understand..."

"He just needs some time to digest it, Buffy. Go home. Enjoy your birthday. I don't think he'll be talking to you about it today."

Buffy glanced upstairs. She couldn't see Giles from where she sat. "All right. Tell him I'll call him later?" Jenny nodded as Buffy left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike had essentially locked himself in Buffy's bedroom. He told Joyce he would be on the phone most of the day making sure his arrangements for his night with Buffy were going as planned. She happily excepted it. It was a lie, of course. He'd had everything set up since the night before. And, Dalton was making sure everything remained perfect.

He'd only gone out once to shower and change for the night. There was something especially erotic about showering in Buffy's innocent bathroom. Whatever it was, exactly, he wasn't sure, but he'd spent nearly two hours in there doing lots of not showering.

When he walked back into Buffy's bedroom, he father was sitting on her bed, holding a stuffed animal in his hands. He set it down as he saw Spike. "I wanted to have a word with you."

"Okay." Spike ran his fingers through his wet hair, sitting in front of Buffy's vanity hoping Hank wouldn't see his lack of reflection.

"Buffy's a naive, young girl. Only seventeen. You, you're much older than she is. Frankly, I don't like that. Don't you think it'd be much better for her to be with someone her own age, if at all."

"I don't know. Buffy and me, we seem just about perfect for each other." Spike answered shortly.

This was the last thing he wanted right now. Lookin at the clock on Buffy's bedside table, he saw she'd be back soon, then he wouldn't have to put up with Hank's crap.

Hank glared at Spike and stood up. "You do know, regardless of whatever Buffy thinks she might be feeling towards you, her family... her father's wishes would always come first."

"And her mum's would come even before that, and Mrs. Summers likes me. Are you really willing to alienate Buffy more than she already is from your life just because you don't like me?"

"Is that a threat?"

"No. I'm just sayin', things are already testy between the two of you. Say she does end it with me because you ask or tell her to... don't you think she'd always resent you for that?"

Hank moved to the door, his back to Spike. "You're no where near good enough for her." He just needed to get that final dig in. And, boy, did it go deep.

"I know. S'not gonna stop me from loving her and trying to hold onto her for as long as I can."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy bounded up to her room quietly, passing her parents in the dining room without being noticed. She opened her bedroom door, shutting it behind her.

Spike was sitting at her vanity. A forlorn, sad look on his face when he looked up at her. It was gone almost immediately, but, she had seen it. "Spike, Angel knew. I don't know how or when, but, he was gonna tell Giles. So... I told him instead." She went and sat down on his lap.

"What'd he say, Luv?"

"Nothing. He kinda fainted. Ms. Calendar told me that he said he didn't want to talk to me when he woke up." She wrapped her arms around his waist and nuzzled his neck. Being in his arms... it made it worth all the heartache she was going through, all the disapproval she knew was facing her come tomorrow.

"I'm so sorry, Pet."

"Don't be." She looked up at him, placing her small hands on his cheeks. "I wouldn't give you up for anything or anyone in this world. I'm just worried about what might happen to you. Angel, or Giles, or the Watchers Council. But, I'd never let anyone hurt you."

Spike pulled her head down to his and kissed her. Their lips fused tightly together, opening together to allow Spike's tongue into Buffy's mouth. All Buffy's worries for the moment melted away.

All there was for her was Spike. Thought, to be honest, ever since that first night, all there was, was Spike. But, when she was in his arms, nothing could touch them. Nothing could taint the pure feelings of love she felt.

Nothing could make her doubt his love for her. Which is what she knew Giles would most likely do. He'd question Spike's motives.

Not that she would ever doubt Spike. She could see the love he held for her in his eyes every time he so much as glanced at her. It would be all over his face whenever they made love.

Spike slid his hands under Buffy's shirt, caressing the skin of her back. His fingers deftly flicked the clasp of her bra. He kissed along her jaw-line as his hands journeyed to caress the sides of her breasts.

"Spike," She panted, pulling his head away from her neck. "My parents are still downstairs."

Spike sighed, resting his head on her shoulder. He quietly re-clasped her bra and moved his hands from under her shirt. "Party pooper." He pouted.

Buffy giggled. "Speaking of which, when are we going for my mysterious night out with my ever so handsome boyfriend?"

"You still up to it?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"'Cause your Watcher knows about us. I don't want that to be a cloud over tonight for you."

"The only thing that could ruin tonight is staying in and worrying about it." She kissed him again before hopping off his lap to get her new dress out of the closet. "Besides, I look way hot in this dress an who knows when I'll get a chance to wear it again."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angel was near growling as he headed home a little after sunset. He was impatient to hear from Giles so he could take him to see Buffy and Spike together. But, earlier Dru had complained about being hungry, so, he'd headed to the butcher's via the sewers.

The only reason she's been hungry in the first place was that, in a fit of anger, she's thrown all the packets he's had into the garbage disposal. Which was another thing. He'd have to remember to call someone to see about getting that fixed.

Along with the butcher's blood, he'd gotten some human blood from Willy's. He figured that might sate her better than the usual pig or cow blood. It was a whole lot more expensive that butcher's blood... and he had the sneaking suspicion that Willy charged him more than the usual.

He quickly unlocked the apartment door and stepped in. "Drusilla, I'm back. I got you some human blood." He called, heading to set it in the fridge.

As he finished putting it away, he looked up to the wall where he'd left Drusilla chained earlier. The wall was broken off where the metal had been attached. The links of the chains twisted and broken.

He looked around; all of her stuff was still in place. Everything but that stupid doll.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The inside of a cave, across town, was lit brightly. It was decorated for a party. And, it was a festive occasion, after all.

An assortment of ten demons and vampires were setting up the final preparations when Drusilla walked in. "Hello, Dearies. What have you gotten Mummy for her birthday?" She clutched Miss Edith, who was dressed in her new dress, tightly to her.

One demon stepped forward. "This is what we have for you." He knelt, holding out a small slip of paper.

Drusilla took it and looked it over. "Miss Edith is very pleased with the present you have gotten me."

"We have something else, Mistress." Another demon spoke. He held a young girl, bound and gagged, in front of him.

"And more pretty surprises." She clapped, delighted. "Tonight, my pets, shall be the best birthday I've ever had."
12 by nataliav
Title: Meant To Be
Part: 12/?

Angel raced down the streets. He could smell Drusilla's scent and was using that as his guide. But, the loon had obviously anticipated this as there seemed to be several different paths her scent trailed to.

She was so dangerous. He'd almost forgotten that in the past few months. She'd been weak, but, he'd made her better. Any deaths she caused... they would be all his fault. They would all weigh on his soul and conscience.

He froze when he remembered his own words to her when she'd told him he still loved Buffy. "Yes, I think about Buffy, but, only like you do of Spike."

In all honesty... he still loved Buffy. Which meant... did it mean she still loved Spike? Would she go after Buffy? Would she try and hurt her?

Then again, maybe if Drusilla was willing to take Spike back, he'd go with her and they'd either leave or Buffy would kill them. Then he could have Buffy again.

Even if she had been dirtied and tainted by Spike's touch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy gasped into Spike's mouth as her hips rocked against his. "I need you." She whimpered.

"Luv, I'm trying to drive here. I may not die if I crash 'cause of what you're doing, but, you might." He groaned, pushing her off his lap with one hand.

Buffy pouted, snuggling up against him. "Where are you taking me?"

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you, now would it?" His eyes crossed as she slid her hand down the waist of his new black pants.

"Fine, fine." She sighed heavily, brushing her breasts against his arm. "Don't tell me. See if I care."

"Luv... stop..." He begged as he swerved in and out of different lanes. Lucky for them, the roads were practically deserted at 8pm. Thank god this was the Hellmouth.

"Stop what?" She asked demurely, her fingers rubbing the pre-cum that had been coming out of the head of Spike's erection all over the length.

"You bloody well know what! And if you don't stop I'm gonna..."

"Ravage me?" She offered, her face still a mask of innocence.

Spike looked over at her and chuckled, pulling the car off the road. He slid it into park and pounced on her. Buffy giggled as he rained kisses all over her face and neck. All the while, he quickly undid his belt and shoved his pants down his hips. He shoved Buffy's pretty new dress up. "Please be careful... I don't wanna ruin this dress." She panted as he gave her panties a tug and ripped them from her. "Spike!"

"What? You said be careful with the dress." He grinned devilishly. Buffy was about to say something when he slid into her.

Her angry retort was turned into a mewling sound. He thrust into her roughly. His arms shaking with the effort to hold himself up. One of Buffy's hands clutched at the headrest of her seat... the other held Spike's head to hers. Their mouths were crushed together as Spike slowed his thrusts down just a bit. He was in no hurry. His well laid out plans had room for... things on the side that may come up.

What he was doing to her, what she was doing to him, at the moment was one of those things. In fact, with Buffy's extended curfew and his simple, yet sweet and elegant plans, there was plenty of room for... things.

"You're mine, Buffy." He grunted, sliding in and out of her warm tight channel.

"Possessive, much?" She meant to sound angry, but, it came out as a squeak.

"Very much. I'd kill anyone who tried to take you away from me..." His slow thrusts becoming painful for both of them. Her inner walls squeezing him tightly at every movement. "I love you so bloody much."

"I love you too." She said, throwing her arms around his shoulders.

Spike lost control as he pumped in and out of her. Buffy kept her eyes focused on his face. His chiseled face was always so expressive. She didn't understand how Giles could say that vampires couldn't feel anything but the desire to kill. She could see all of the love Spike had for her each time he thrust into her, his eyes fixed on her. Every time he spoke to her... every time he touched her. He didn't even have to say it. She just knew.

"I love you." He gasped, pressing his forehead to hers. Of course, he didn't have to say it... but, when he did, she heard his voice shake with emotion. Emotion he tried to pour into the words... though they did what he really felt no justice.

"Love you, too." Spike came deep inside her when she said that. Buffy followed seconds later, crying out her release.

Spike lay heavily atop her. He wrapped his arms around her back, holding her tightly to him. Buffy could scarcely breath, but, she didn't want to say anything. She loved being in his arms. Nothing could go wrong there.

What a great birthday this would be. Despite what had happened earlier, it'd be the best ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drusilla waltzed into The Bronze without any problems. Her few minions quickly took out those of Spike's who'd tried to stop her. It angered her a bit because she sired most of them. Didn't that make for any sense of loyalty in them?

As she entered the back-room of the Bronze, where Spike had reserved for Buffy's birthday, she and her minions were greeted with over twenty-five of Spike's getting things ready for their Master's arrival.

She saw Dalton talking animatedly on a phone. She knew instantly that he was talking about her. Was it Spike on the other end? He glanced at her nervously.

Dalton was always more loyal to Spike than to her. They were kindred. Both having been sad excuses for men when they were alive. Only, where Spike had changed; Dalton stayed pretty much the same.

She'd known he was destined for the same sad life of servitude he always had the day he was brought in by one of Angelus' minions. Angel had wanted Dalton to practice different torture techniques, but Spike had rescued him.

Her noble Spike. No. Drusilla shook her head to clear it of the visions she started having of him and Buffy entwined. Not her Spike anymore.

But, he would be again. All she had to do was make the Slayer push him away. Then she'd be there to help him pick of the pieces. She'd done it before. She would do it again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"More presents?" Buffy's eyes widened, a happy smile formed over her beautiful, full lips.

"'Course." He dropped the cigarette he'd been puffing on to the ground and walked back over to car. She was perched on the hood of it, examining the wrapped box on her lap. He placed his hands on her knees to spread them so that he could stand between her legs.

"But you already got me..."

"Will you open it already?" He asked impatiently.

Buffy grinned before ripping the silvery paper off the box. She yanked out tissue paper impatiently before grabbing Spike's journal out of it. "I remember this." She said with a slight blush. It was where she'd first declared her love for him.

"I've written in it since that first night. S'all stuff 'bout you."

Buffy leaned forward, pulling him into a hug with one arm. She clutched the journal tightly with her other. "Thank you."

Spike pulled her off the car, holding her hand as he led her to the passenger side door. "C'mon, Pet. We've still got lots to do tonight." Ever the gallant little poofter he was, he opened the door for her and helped her in.

Buffy pulled her seat belt on before leafing through the pages of the journal. Spike had worried that she'd think him a complete and utter git when he'd debated giving it to her... but, the red on her cheeks and the tiny smile on her lips let him know that she really liked his bloody awful poetry.
13 by nataliav
Title: Meant To Be
Part: 13/18

"Hey Wills, what's wrong?" Xander plopped down on the sofa next to Willow. They were at Cordy's house. Oz was flipping through a mass of CD's on the other side of the room. Cordy was in the kitchen being a good hostess by getting her guest's drinks.

"Nothing." She replied absently. That was a lie, of course. Something had been up between Buffy and Giles earlier and she was a little more than worried that that something was Spike. There was no way that their relationship could be kept quite forever.

They were together too often nowadays. People must know. Maybe someone had tipped Giles off. Or maybe he'd just found out on his own.

Spike hadn't exactly been discreet in renting out the Bronze for Buffy's birthday. She knew about it... and she hadn't even been in the loop. His and Buffy's name had been tossed around by the Bronze's employees when people asked why it was going to be closed.

"Okay. Uh... how're things with Oz?"

She smiled at the thought of her boyfriend. "Good." She looked over at him, and he looked at her at the exact same moment. Her smile brightened and a faint smile cracked over his usually stoic face. "Really good."

"That's, uh, good." Xander squirmed a bit.

"And with you and Cordy?"

"Super." He answered a little too quickly.

"Xand, what is it?"

"I'm afraid she'll break up with me. Her friends have been..."

"Making fun of her since you two started going out?"

"Yeah."

"I think you should give her more credit than what you're thinking. Kinda wacky how much you two like each other considering all of our childhood was spent with the two of you hating each other."

"I think maybe it was just misplaced passion."

"When did you get all wise?"

"'Round the same time Buffy started boinking the undead. Kinda opened my eyes to things."

Willow's eyes widened. "What?"

"Will, I'm not an idiot. She's been practically MIA for months now. She and Angel must be back together."

Willow sighed in relief. Not that Xander was an idiot... he was just very blissfully ignorant. "That's not why she hasn't been around. We both know Angel's with Drusilla."

"Well, he hasn't been around lately. Maybe he dumped her and got back with Buffy."

"No. Trust me, that's not why."

"Then why hasn't seen been around?"

"Uh... her mom. She's been wanting major bonding time. That's partly why. And, she's been doing all kinds of extra school stuff to keep her grades up."

"Well, that's good. I really didn't like Angel. I mean... he was a vampire for goodness sakes! Could she pick a worse person to hook up with?"

Willows intended laugh came out as a snort. "I guess not?"

"You guess not what?" Cordelia walked into the room, carrying a tray full of drinks and snacks.

"Guess that Buffy couldn't go out with a worse person than Angel."

"Well, Harm said she's seen Buffy with some complete goth guy in the Bronze a few times. At least Angel's..." She stopped mid sentence at the hurt look Xander was giving her... knowing very well how that sentence ended. "You know, I really hate that they allow people to rent out the Bronze."

"Wait... Buffy's been going out with some guy?"

"That's what Harmony said. She said his name was Sparky... Spanky... or maybe Sparkly. You never know with those freaks. Whatever it was, it was something lame."

"Willow, did you now this?"

"Know what?" She squeaked. "I don't know anything."

Oz walked over. "I wonder if that's the same guy that talked to you that night?" Willow shook her head and waved her hands frantically. "Wasn't his name Spike?"

Willow groaned and buried her face in her hands. She knew she'd forgotten to tell Oz never to mention Buffy's undead lover in front of anyone. She kinda thought he would have gotten the whole not telling anyone thing when Spike had confronted her.

Oz must have realized his slip and looked as shame faced as he could possibly look. "Sorry."

"S-p-p-pike?" Xander's face contorted from surprise, disbelief, then to shock and disgust.

"Isn't Spike a vampire... the one who wanted to kill us? And almost killed Buffy when she was all weepy, weak costume possessed girl on Halloween?" Cordelia asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was an hour or so later when Xander finally stopped grilling Willow about what she knew. She stayed as true to Buffy as she could. But she did tell Xander that it was true. He was her best friend... they'd grown up together. She couldn't completely lie to him.

She knew Buffy would be hurt because of that. She was worried a little more about what Spike would do to her.

"So why aren't we at the Bronze right now? You know... staking his evil, undead butt for trapping Buffy."

"Because, Xander, she's in love with him."

"Maybe he has her in some thrall thinggy... like the Master..."

"I don't think that's what it is. And, if it was some evil trick, he'd of killed her by now. He's probably had plenty of chances."

"I'm with Xander. We should go to the Bronze." Cordelia said. "I mean, who are they to think they should have the Bronze all to themselves on a Saturday night?"
14 by nataliav
Title: Meant To Be
Part: 14/18

"Wow." Buffy said breathlessly when Spike uncovered her eyes. The back room of the Bronze was glittering with dozens of candles. Soft music playing in the background. There was a table off to the side that held a small cake and a few neatly wrapped presents.

"You like?" Spike asked her nervously.

"This is... wow." She hugged him tightly. "This is amazing. Thank you."

"I just wanted to make this perfect for you. Especially after what happened earlier."

"Hey, it's so forgotten already."

"Care to dance, Sweetheart?"

"I'd love to."

Spike helped her out of her coat, tossing it onto the table. He did the same with his before wrapping his arms around Buffy's waist, drawing her tightly to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giles lay in his bed, going over and over what his Slayer had told him earlier.

Jenny walked up to his bedroom and sat on the edge of his bed. "How are you feeling, Rupert?"

"Like I've failed completely as Buffy's Watcher." He sighed.

"Rupert, I know you're upset, but she cares for him."

"Good God, Woman, do you not remember Parent-Teacher night? He was out for her blood. He may still be. Angel said that once Spike starts something, he doesn't stop."

"You don't trust Buffy's judgment?"

"I-I can't. She's been far too brash since the very day I met her. She doesn't think things through." He sat up, rubbing his head. "Spike is a soulless killer. There is no way whatever that he truly cares for her."

"You're not going to do anything, are you?"

"I have to. It is my duty to see that she does hers. This... thing she imagine she feels for Spike, it has to end."

"Rupert, there may be another way." Jenny said after a long moment while he frantically searched his bedroom for various weapons.

He looked up at her. "What is it?"

"There's a lot I haven't told you about me." She said with a heavy sigh before telling him the truth. That she was descended from the gypsies that had cursed Angelus. Her duty to watch Angel to make sure he was still suffering for the crimes against the beloved child of the tribe. The soul curse she had, but was still working on translating it.

"I have all the ingredients and items needed... I just need to translate it so it can be read."

"Why didn't you ever tell me?"

"I wanted to tell you so many times, Rupert. I was never supposed to tell you. I was only supposed to be in Sunnydale to complete my mission. I'm so sorry I kept it all from you."

He took her hand in his for an instant. "I understand, Jenny. I'm glad you've told me now."

"I could go to the school, if you'd like, and work on the translation. Maybe Spike doesn't care about Buffy, but killing him would destroy her. You didn't see how she talked about him."

Giles sighed. "Yes. Perhaps that would be for the best." But he gathered some of his favorite weapons just to be on the safe side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy and Spike had danced for about twenty minutes, before he asked her if she wanted to start on the cake or presents first.

"Hummm... tough one. How 'bout you feed me cake while I open presents?"

"Greedy."

"It's my birthday. I'm allowed." She smiled a cheeky grin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This doesn't seem like such a good idea." Willow murmured nervously as she, Oz, Xander and Cordelia piled into Oz's van. "We should just leave them alone for right now. I mean, it's her birthday. Couldn't we be all... intervention-y tomorrow just as good as today?"

"It's Spike! Evilest of the evil undead!" Xander cried, outraged that his very best friend had not told him about Buffy and Spike sooner.

Willow sunk deep into her seat. She'd betrayed Buffy. She'd betrayed Xander. But, she couldn't help feel worried for Buffy. Spike... he really did seem to care about her. How many soulless vampires went and got butchers blood when there were billions of nummy treats walking around the streets just ripe for the plucking? None but Spike, probably.

Maybe if she could find a way to warn Buffy... at least she'd be prepared. The wheels in Willows brain churned quickly... they were only five minutes from the Bronze.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bloody Hell." Spike groaned, looking underneath the table.

"What?" Buffy was happily munching on cake, with her gifts from Spike on her lap. She had wanted to put on the pretty bracelet that had her birthstone seemingly laced between the chain links but couldn't do it herself because she didn't know how to clasp it.

"There's a present missing."

"Maybe it's still at your house? I'm okay with going there right now."

Spike looked up at her grinning. "M'sure you are, Luv. But, I'd like to find it. It was very hard to have made."

"Oooh. Specially made presents. I knew I loved you for a reason." Spike chuckled before resuming his search.

Buffy got up from her perch on the table and left Spike, who was cursing under his breath while he looked for her missing gift. She walked into the main room of the Bronze. It was nice being in there while it was empty and she wasn't fighting some evil nasty.

She wandered from table to table. She wondered if maybe it'd been left out here somewhere. She was really dying to know what it was. He had made it sound like it was the best present out of all the wonderful gifts he'd gotten her.

"Ah-Ha." At a booth in the corner, a small package was underneath the table. She picked it up and started unwrapping it. She didn't hear the door adjoining the room she was in and the one Spike was in shut.

She opened the box, once the wrapping paper was all off. She frowned when she pulled out a small doll. Dressed in an old-fashioned gown, it had thick curls for hair and a blindfold covering it's eyes. Funny how all of Spike's other gifts seemed to show how well he knew her. The doll was, well, slightly of the creepy.

There was a little note-card attached to the dolls dress. Buffy lifted it closer and tried to make out the writing in the dark.

"Don't look behind you."

Buffy snorted. Well, if that wasn't a really bad homage to cheesy teen horror flicks, she didn't know what was.

"Spike," She called. "This is so lame." Holding the doll, she turned around.

"Didn't you read the instructions? Naughty girl. There'll be no dessert for that." Drusilla tsked.

Buffy jumped back, dropping the doll.

"You've hurt Miss Edith. Whatever did she do to you?" Drusilla vamped, growling as she picked up the doll and pet her hair.

"What do you want?" She turned her head to see what is she could use anything as a weapon. Well, if push came to shove, she could break a chair or something.

"You have something that belongs to me."

"No. Not really." Buffy backed against the table. "Shouldn't you be with Angel or something?"

"My Angel's a bad dog. He has a nasty fascination with the sun. My sweet William has the same problem. But I can help him. I was his dark princess. You took him away."

"You want Spike back?"

"He was always mine. The moon belongs to the night. He was just blinded."

"Oh... god..." The mention of the moon and sun and the creepy doll made Buffy remember the dream she'd had what seemed like ages ago.

Drusilla stood right in front of Buffy, leaving barley an inch between them. She raised her hand and waved two fingers in front of Buffy's eyes. "Look into my eyes."

"Wh--?"

"Be in me." Buffy's eyes glazed over. Drusilla smiled.
15 by nataliav
Title: Meant To Be
Part: 15/18

Spike shut his eyes, trying to curb his anger. He couldn't believe his minions had either forgotten or lost the best present he'd gotten for Buffy. They were so incompetent sometimes. Well, most of the time. But Dalton was pretty anal when it came to details... it surprised Spike that he'd let that very important detail slide right under his nose.

"Well, Luv, I guess you'll have to wait to get that one." He turned to face Buffy... but she wasn't there. And the door was closed.

Spike frowned, walking to the door. Maybe she'd gotten bored waiting or something? He turned the handle and found he couldn't open it.

He sensed his sire's presence in that instant. Drusilla was in there. And, Buffy didn't know just how dangerous Dru could be. No matter that she'd been living a probably tame life with the Poofter. She was untamable.

Spike pounded his fists against the door, trying to knock it off it's hinges... to break through. Anything to get Buffy as far from Dru as possible.

He could hear his former lover's laughter. That only fueled him more. With one violent shove, the door flew off it's hinges.

He rushed in, freezing when he saw Buffy facing Dru, wavering slightly.

"No need to get angry, my dearest, I was just having a talk with your little girl, here." She smiled sweetly at him, her face all deceptive innocence.

Spike hadn't seen her since that night. He'd almost been afraid of what his reaction to her would be. He knew he loved Buffy, but, Drusilla had made him.

He wasn't afraid of his reaction now. Dru had Buffy in a thrall, that much was obvious... he'd seen it enough times to know. He'd kill Dru without hesitation if he had to.

"She's very pretty, isn't she?" Drusilla caressed Buffy's cheek. It took all of Spike's control to not attack in that instant.

He tried to keep his voice calm when he spoke. "Let her go, Dru."

"Didn't your mum tell you never to look at the sun or it'd blind you? But don't fret, dearest, I can make you see again."

"Stop with the bloody insane babble, Dru. Let the Slayer go."

"I can't until you see!" She snapped.

"Wh-"

"Come back to me. Come back to Princess. We can kill the Slayer and have a lovely party, just like you promised. Remember? With streamers and music?"

"You didn't want me, Dru. S'why you and Angel shagged like rabbits in the sandbox, remember? So, I went and found comfort elsewhere."

"I was wrong. We can go back to Prague. It was so lovely there. We can forget we ever came here once she's gone."

"Let the Slayer go. We can suss this out then, okay?"

"No." She pulled Buffy to her, so that Buffy's back was against Dru's chest. Spike flinched at the empty look in his love's eyes. Dru kept her eyes on his face as she nuzzled the crook of Buffy's neck. "We kill the Slayer, then leave the Hellmouth. I won't leave without you and I won't let her go free."

"I won't let you hurt her, Dru." He growled.

Drusilla just chuckled. "You won't stop me. I took you from your sad, poetic life and made you what you are. Do you really think you could harm me?"

"I'll do what I have to."

Drusilla's appearance of complacence was gone in a flash. She vamped, teeth dangerously close to Buffy's neck. "Then you'll be dust in the wind just like the Slayer."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Willow worried her lower lip very hard as they entered Downtown Sunnydale. Only a couple of minutes and they'd be at the Bronze. Too bad Xander and Cordelia were right there in hearing range, or she'd ask Oz to stall.

"Wait!" She screeched.

Oz pulled the van to a halt. "What's wrong?"

"Uh... if we're gonna... uh... do this should we let Giles know? I mean, maybe if she... uh... doesn't listen to us, or if Spike tries to cause problems... uh... having Giles there would be helpful, right?"

"She does have a point. I don't wanna be killed if Spike goes all psycho and Buffy won't stop him." Cordelia said.

"Look, I'll just call Giles from that phone and ask him to meet us there, okay?" Willow jumped out of the van before Xander could get a word in and ran over to a pay phone. She fished change out of her pocket and hastily dialed Buffy's cell number. "Pick up, pick up, pick up, pick up..." She chanted as it rang and rang.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giles tapped his foot in an unconscious show of impatience as Jenny showed him the spell. It was in an ancient gypsy script that was known to very few. So few that apparently, not even heirs of that clan had been taught it if Jenny didn't know. There were only a handful of language translations she had yet to run it through to try and make it speak-able.

Jenny noticed his little foot tapping and sighed. "Rupert, does it really matter if we do this tonight or within the next couple of days?"

"The sooner we do this, the better I will feel."

"What about Angel? He had wanted the curse for Drusilla and I was only able to locate one Orb of Thesulah."

"Uh... I may have one." His face burned in embarrassment.

"Really?"

"I have this orb I had bought at a shop in England. I've been using it as a... paperweight."

Jenny couldn't help but crack a smile. "So we can do the spell on both of them. That works out perfectly, doesn't it? You can keep your promise to Angel and protect Buffy."

"Yes. I just hope I'm not too late."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, it would be to Spike's advantage to catch Buffy off guard if he was going to kill her. I imagine she's quite distracted tonight. It makes her that much more vulnerable."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angel felt frustration well in him. He'd been unable to locate Drusilla. Then, when he'd gone to Giles' to take him to Buffy's so that the Watcher could see how ineffective he'd been at his job, the apartment was empty.

Well, maybe he could do something to stop or correct the situation on his own. He headed towards Buffy's house. He would resume his search for Dru after he confronted Buffy and Spike.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He'd been afraid of what Drusilla would do. He hadn't really anticipated her childish giggling, especially after she'd just essentially said he'd die with Buffy. "Dru?"

"All the little pawns want to save the queen. They think her knight is trying to harm her." She continued to giggled while Spike figured out what she meant.

It wasn't that difficult. Buffy's Watcher... maybe her friends were out for his blood. Like he'd harm a hair on Buffy's head. Of course, they didn't know that, nor would they believe it. Maybe Willow and her boy. But he knew the little redhead wasn't too fond of him. She might happily join the others in trying to rip Buffy and him apart.

"The Slayer's mates are coming?"

Just then a small beeping sound came from the back room. Spike frowned until he realized it was Buffy's cell phone.

"Soon, my Spike, you will see you don't belong in the sunlight." Spike tensed as Dru placed a kiss on Buffy's neck, her teeth skimming over the skin, thankfully not breaking the skin in any way.

He slipped into game face, hoping he'd be able to come up with a plan to save Buffy. And soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That was so simple... I'm surprised I missed that." Jenny said, staring down at the completed translation of the gypsy curse.

"Yes, well, sometimes something very important can be right in front of you and you still miss it." He looked at Jenny for a second before returning his attention to driving. "I suppose one must consider themselves especially lucky if they are still able to find it."

Jenny frowned, not getting what he meant. "Right. I hope Buffy's mother isn't home. She doesn't know Buffy's the Slayer, right?"

"Unless Buffy's told her and failed to mention that to me. Considering her current habit of keeping things from me, I wouldn't be surprised." He pulled his car along the curb in front of Buffy's house and got out.

"Do you want me to go with you?"

"Yes. I'd rather do the spell right off."

They walked up to the house. The sounds of a man and woman yelling inside could be heard coming from behind the closed door. "Dear lord, Buffy..." Giles banged on the front door.

"That doesn't sound like Buffy..." Jenny's comment went unheard by him.

"Open the bloody door!" He shouted.

The shouting stopped and the door creaked open just a bit. "Mr. Giles?" Joyce asked.

"Where is Buffy?"

"Is she in trouble with the school?"

"I heard shouting."

"Who is this Joyce?" Hank pulled the door open all the way.

"This is Buffy's father, Hank. He came over for her birthday. Hank, this is Mr. Giles, he's the librarian at Buffy's school and..." She saw Jenny standing behind him.

"Jenny Calendar. I'm a teacher at Sunnydale High."

"Damn it, Joyce, I thought you said Buffy wasn't getting in trouble anymore."

"She hasn't been."

"Is Buffy here? It's very important I see her."

"She's out on a date. What's wrong?"

"Is she with someone named Spike?"

"Yes."

"Bloody Hell."

"What? What is it?"

"Where are they?"

"I want to know what's going on."

"Mrs. Summers, I do not have the time. Buffy may be in a great deal of danger. Do you know where she and Spike went?"

"I knew it!" Hank whooped triumphantly. "I knew that pig was nothing but trouble!"

Joyce glared at her ex-husband with such a fury in her eyes, his cheerful crowing was short-lived. "William is such a sweet boy. I know he would never hurt her."

"Please, tell me where they are."

Joyce sighed. "I want to go too. Then I can prove to you that you're wrong about him."

"Very well."

"They're at the Bronze."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, Giles said he was coming, right?" Xander asked, rubbing his arms to keep warm. He'd given Cordy his jacket when they'd gotten out of the van.

"Right." Willow lied. "He said we should wait out here until he gets here."

"I hope he doesn't take too long. I'm ready and raring for a showdown."

They all stiffened at the sound of voices.

"Vampires?" Oz asked.

"Maybe?" Willow and Xander both carried stakes on them. Xander pushed Cordelia behind him and Willow gave Oz a cross.

"What are the lot of you doing here?" Giles asked.

"Finally!" Xander said. "Now we can go in there and kick Spike's undead as-..." He saw Joyce and smiled. "butt."

"What?" She frowned. "How did all of you find out about Buffy and William?"

"I accidentally let it slip... well... Oz did, actually." Willow halfheartedly glared at her boyfriend.

"You knew and you didn't tell me?" Giles asked her.

"Buffy's my friend. She's happy with him."

"He could very well kill her!"

"What?" Joyce asked, panicked. They all obviously knew something she didn't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The whole world froze around Spike when Dru sunk her fangs into Buffy's neck. It was over just as soon as it had begun... she hadn't even drank the powerful nectar. She laughed, shoving Buffy into his arms.

The smell of her blood probably would have been more overwhelming to him if he hadn't tasted it before in the midst of lovemaking. He held her close, relived that the worst was over. He just had to get rid of Dru then get Buffy home, or to his house.

"Luv?" He looked down at her face. Her eyes were still lifeless. Damn Dru and her damn thrall.

"Slayer, you're not going to let that bad vampire hurt your mummy and friends, now are you?" Drusilla asked.

Spike realized what she was planning on doing. "Dru... no."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy looked at the vampire holding her. Just a dead thing she had to make even deader. Otherwise, her family and friends would be hurt. Her family and friends who had just walked into the Bronze.

Funny, she couldn't really remember why she was there in the first place. But, something kept telling her that killing the vampire was what she had to do. She pushed him from her and took a fighting stance.
16 by nataliav
Title: Meant To Be
Part: 16/18

"What's wrong with their faces?" Hank broke the tense silence with his question.

"They are... ah..." Giles fought with what to tell him and his urge to run and help Buffy. On one hand he was relieved he was right about Spike, because Buffy should of never have been involved with him in the first place. But, on the other hand, Spike had killed two slayers... Buffy could very easily be the third.

"He bit her!" Xander cried. Giles saw the twin, blood oozing holes on her neck. He pulled out a crossbow and loaded it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joyce watched the scene around her play out with a strange feeling of detachment. Her mind was slowly processing it and everything that had happened since a few months before they'd moved from Los Angeles. Pieces clicking here and there... blood stains, ripped clothes, that strange, older man she'd seen Buffy talking to in L.A., the sudden uncharacteristic "bad behavior", the gym incident... and so many other little things she'd sort of just written off.

Then there was sweet William's face. Bumpy forehead and fangs peaking out from between his lips. She remembered him as the leader of what Principal Snyder had dubbed a "gang on P.C.P". He was the one who had tried to harm her baby that night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Jenny remained by the door. She sat down cross-legged, pulling out the items for the spell that she needed. She had been hoping to do them both together, but the spell was very specific that only one be done at a time. She glanced over at the dance floor. Spike was in game face and Buffy looked ready to kill him. Drusilla stood off to the side, eyes glinting in the dark. She whispered something in Buffy's direction before sidling closer to her and slipping a stake into her hand.

Jenny's instincts told her that Drusilla was the bigger threat, despite the fact that everyone else probably thought that Spike was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Get away from her!" Giles shouted, shakily holding the crossbow up and aiming at Spike.

"I'm not..." Spike started, backing away from Buffy as she stalked closer to him. "Buffy, Luv..."

"I demand to know what's going on here." Hank shouted angrily. "What did is he doing to my daughter?"

"Oh, bugger..." Spike groaned. "I didn't do a sodding thing to her, you pollick. Drusilla put her inna..." His explanation was cut short when Buffy kicked him in the gut. "Bloody Hell, Buffy, Luv, stop."

She swing a fist at his face, but he blocked it. She did the same with the hand that held the stake, but aimed for his chest. He was a little too slow, to stop her, but her aim was off. The stake ended up going in right over his heart. "Owww! Bugger all!" He shoved her away and yanked the stake out.

"Kill him. Kill him." Dru chanted almost giddily as Buffy rushed Spike, pinning him against a wall. "Kill him, Slayer. It's your duty."

"Shut up Dru!" Spike growled. "Buffy, Sweetheart, shut her outta your mind. Don't let her control you... you're stronger than that."

Buffy stared at him for a half a second before head-butting him. She pulled him towards her and punched him in the face while he was still reeling from the head-butt. She did a quick, but forceful roundhouse kick that sent him crashing into one of the pillars that supported the catwalk.

She grabbed the stake from him before picking him up by his throat and shoving him against the pillar, furthering the damage to it. She lifted her arm, ready to strike.

The sound of wood creaking echoed throughout the Bronze.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wh--?" Buffy shook her head, in an attempt to clear the haze that had enshrouded it. She frowned, realizing she held Spike by the throat and that she was about to... stake him? Horrified, she dropped the stake and let go of him. "What's going on?"

"Buffy..." Spike let out a sigh of relief and pulled her into a near bruising embrace.

"Buffy, look out!" Willow screamed from the other side of the Bronze as the pillar cracked in half, the catwalk breaking into pieces and falling to the ground. A large piece was about to fall off right above them.

Spike let go of her only to grab hold of her hand and pull her to the other side of the room where her friends and parents were. He put his hands on her face, relived beyond words that she was out of Dru's thrall. He asked her if Dru had hurt her, aside from biting her.

"I'm not hurt." She murmured, stepping closer to his body.

"Get your hands off her you... you... you blood sucking fiend!" Xander shouted bravely. His action of cowering, however, belied his words.

"Will somebody please tell me what is going on?" Joyce demanded.

"Nooooooooooo!" All eyes went to Drusilla when she screamed. She dropped Miss Edith and made a charge towards Jenny, who'd continued with the spell despite the Bronze falling apart.

The Orb of Thesulah was hovering in the air, glowing a bright yellow. Then it disappeared.

Drusilla stopped in her tracks, her wide eyes glowing for a half a second. She gasped for unneeded air, looking like a lost little girl.

"It worked!" Giles cheered Jenny, who was shaking from all the energy she'd used to do the spell.

"What worked?" Willow asked.

"I cursed her with a soul." Jenny said.

Spike pulled away from Buffy, who was trying to keep herself from bawling at the look he had in his eyes as he stared at Drusilla. "William? What's happened to me? I feel... so empty. My pixies are gone and Miss Edith wont speak to me. Spike..." Drusilla cried, holding her arms out to him. "I'm so frightened."

"I..." Buffy hung her head when he looked down at her. He knew he'd never be able to explain that he had to go to Dru. She made him. He owed it to her to be there for her... at least until Angel could be gotten a hold of.

He walked to Dru and let her grab onto him. His arms stayed at his side, his gaze fixed on Buffy, who's breath was hitching in an attempt to keep herself from crying.

"Jenny, are you well enough to do the other?" Giles asked.

Glad for the distraction, Buffy looked over at Jenny. "Other what?"

Jenny held up the second Orb of Thesulah. "Another soul curse... for Spike."

"What? You are not giving me a bloody soul!" Spike tried to go over to stop her, but Dru clung fast.

"Buffy, this will guarantee that he will not hurt you if you insist on continuing this insane relationship with him. It is for the best." Giles explained.

Jenny looked between Giles and Buffy before holding the Orb out to Buffy. "The choice is yours."

Buffy took it in her trembling hands. "It's very shiny." A couple of renegade tears slipped down her face and onto the Orb. She looked up at Spike. Drusilla was nuzzling his neck. "Whatever happens... I... I love Spike how he is. This... this would change that." She turned her hand and let the Orb fall. The glass shattered around her feet.

"Buffy! Are you insane?" Giles yelled.

"I need to... not be here." She sniffled back tears and bolted out the door. She ran like all the forces of Hell were on her tail. Seeing Drusilla clinging to Spike... seeing him go to her was too painful.

She was about a block from the Bronze when she slammed into Angel. "Buffy? Buffy, what's wrong?" She barely spared him a glance before shoving him out of her way and continued running towards home.

Buffy reached her house in a matter of minutes. Once inside, she collapsed against the shut door and began sobbing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Honey?" Joyce walked into the house. Hank followed her in. "Buffy, Sweety, where are you?"

"She's probably in her room."

Joyce rolled her eyes at Hank. "I'll go talk to her."

"I should..."

"Stay here, Hank, please. You'll just upset her more right now."

Hank begrudgingly stayed downstairs.

Joyce knocked on Buffy's bedroom door a couple of times before opening it and peering in.

Buffy sat huddled in a corner of her room, her legs drawn up to her chest. She was shaking and when she looked up, her face was red and there were smudged streaks from her makeup and tears down her cheeks.

"Oh, Buffy." She went over and wrapped her arms around her daughter, trying to comfort her.

"It hurts." She hiccuped.

"I'm so sorry, Buffy. I wish I could protect you from all the hurt in the world." She grabbed a tissue off Buffy's dresser and wiped at her cheeks. "Why don't we go to the bathroom to put bandage on that... bite mark?"

Buffy nodded and followed Joyce to the bathroom. Joyce put the toilet's lid down and Buffy sat on it, much like she had when she was a little girl and would get cuts and scrapes. Joyce felt her heart twist for Buffy. Things had changed so fast and she hadn't even seen it... she wasn't there for Buffy.

She quickly put disinfectant on the two little holes and put a couple of layers of white gauze over her neck. "Do you want to explain those to me... and everything else?" Joyce winced at her choice of words. She had planned a better lead in to this conversation, but couldn't stop the words from coming out.

"Can we talk about this tomorrow? I just... just wanna go to sleep."

"All right, Buffy." Joyce placed a kiss on her forehead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy lay under the covers of her bed as Joyce bustled around, picking up things and putting them away. She kept her eyes closed tightly until she heard her finally leave. She let out a sigh of relief to have her mother gone. She'd been hovering over her for the good part of an hour.

She knew sleeping would be an impossibility. She sat up, clutching her blanket to her chest as she stared out the window. Spike was out there somewhere... she just worried that Dru was there with him.
17 by nataliav
Title: Meant To Be
Part: 17/?

"I'm a Slayer. The Slayer. All formal title having and everything."

"The what?" Hank looked up from the newspaper he'd been reading when Buffy walked into the kitchen.

"I'm the Slayer. Vampire Slayer, actually. But there's demons and stuff too, not just vampires, I mean." She stood next to Hank, but looked at Joyce as she spoke. "It's why I burned down Hemery's gym. It was all vampire infested."

"Was that older man I saw you with a vampire?" Joyce asked, taking deep, shaky breaths.

"I..." Buffy looked down sadly. "That was my Watcher, Merrick. He died. Giles is my Watcher now. All slayers have one. They guide and train them and... well... watch them."

Hank stood up. "I have to get back to my home." He went and kissed Buffy's cheek. "I'll see you in a couple of weekends, Princess."

"But..."

"Hank, don't you think you should stay for this conversation?"

"I really have to go." With that said he was gone in less than a minute.

"I didn't really expect that." Buffy gave a half laugh. "Denial-land must be a nice place... you think I could visit for a couple of, oh say, decades?"

"Your father has different ways of dealing with shocking news."

"Shocking?" Buffy frowned. "I'm sorry, Mom. I wanted to tell you before. I was just afraid..."

"Of what?"

"I'm not normal. I didn't want you to be ashamed of me. I didn't want you to hate me."

"Buffy," Joyce pulled her into a tight hug. "You're my baby. I love you no matter what. Just because you're this... Slayer, that doesn't change anything. Well... maybe a few things, like curfew, I guess. But you're still my daughter. There is one thing I don't understand. William, his face... and that woman..."

Buffy squirmed out of her mothers embrace and leaned against the counter. "Spike and Drusilla are vampires. Actually so is Angel... remember him? I said he was my tutor?"

"Vampires." Joyce sighed. "How... er... long has William been a vampire for? Did he just... become a vampire?"

"You don't really wanna know, do you?"

"Buffy..."

"One-hundred and twenty-four years. S'not including how long he was alive for. He never told me how old he was when he was turned."

"He's older than me." Joyce cringed. "He's... goodness, he's dead. He's the living dead?"

"Yep. Well... I kinda think the P.C. term is 'undead'. Not that it makes much sense, does it? I mean, wouldn't being undead make you alive? But, uh, that's not important at the moment, is it?" Buffy giggled nervously.

"If you're this... Slayer... why haven't you..."

"Why haven't I killed him?" Joyce nodded. "We... I dunno, I guess we figured it was more fun making out and, er, stuff... than fighting. It's actually kinda funny, 'cause, yanno, he's tried to kill me quite a few times before."

Joyce's nodded her head. "I remember him now, from Parent-Teacher Night."

"Heh... yeah. I think he was always a little afraid you'd pull out an ax on him whenever his back was turned." Buffy cracked a small smile.

"Mr. Giles was right then, about him trying to hurt you?" Joyce's horror widened eyes would have been laughable at any other time.

"You don't have to worry about him hurting me, Mom. I know he wouldn't. Not anymore." Buffy said, putting all her hopes behind those words. Physically, she knew she was safe from him. But... her heart, her happiness and her very future lay in his hands. She didn't want him to crush them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy was going stir crazy. It was barley eleven in the morning and she was bored to the point of tears. Well, that wasn't the only reason she was near tears. Her room was one big pit 'o Spike memories.

She couldn't even hold Mr. Gordo for comfort because she remembered Spike playing with the little piggy.

Her bed... the night before she'd ended up sleeping on her floor because she could smell Spike... and the scent of previous love-making on her sheets and pillows.

She knew she was thinking very cheaply of his love for her, but she couldn't help it. A large part of her knew he'd gone to Drusilla out of some final act of duty to his maker and once most beloved. That part also knew he wouldn't hurt her... he'd chose her in a minute over Drusilla, no matter how much the crazy vampiress would need him now.

Unfortunately, the smaller, nay-saying part of her seemed to have a much louder voice than the larger part. How could she not help but listen?

Buffy pondered getting drunk to drown the pain. It's what they did on TV and in the movies, right? Of course, there was a problem with that plan. The actual obtaining of booze. She knew she couldn't pass for twenty-one if her life depended on it.

Plus, she couldn't really forget the fiasco of the first time she decided drinking would be super cool and loads of fun. Who could say that she wouldn't end up the sacrifice to some demon?

Still needing some sort of comfort, she left her room and snuck downstairs. She wasn't in a talking mood. "Get the goods and get out", was the mantra she mouthed. Her mom was sitting in the living room, talking on the phone in hushed tones. Buffy thought about staying to try and listen to the conversation, but she really needed the ice cream to ease her sadness.

She opened the freezer and dug around before pulling out a carton of New York Super Fudge Chunk. She took the lid off and inhaled deeply. "Mmmmm."

Not wanting to make any noise that would get her mom's attention, she opted to lick the ice cream out of the carton instead of getting a spoon. She shut her eyes, relishing the cool ice cream for a second. It helped beat back some the emotional turmoil she was feeling.

"I thought you'd grown out of that? But, I guess it was just my wishful thinking." Joyce chuckled.

Buffy pulled her face from the carton and faced her. "Hehe... er... sorry?"

Joyce shook her head amused. She took a paper towel and handed it to Buffy. "Please don't drip."

She took the paper towel. "I'm not five, Mom." Buffy huffed in the perfect, annoyed teenager tone.

"Yes, because every seventeen year old wears ice cream on their face. Is it the latest trend?"

Buffy brought the paper towel to her face and wiped vigorously. "I didn't... uh... you were on the phone. I didn't wanna make any noise digging around for a spoon. Who were you talking to? Was it Daddy?"

"It was Mr. Giles, actually. He wanted to speak to you."

"He did?" A wave of dread passed through Buffy.

"I told him whatever it is was he needed to say to you could wait until tomorrow."

"Do I hafta go to school?" Buffy pouted.

"Yup." Joyce handed Buffy a spoon and pat her hair as she walked past her into the living room. "Oh! Willow stopped by earlier. She left a box for you."

"Really?" Buffy left the ice cream on the counter and followed Joyce. There was a box on the coffee table. It was sealed with tape. There was a large "Buffy's Stuff" written on one side of the box. "I wonder why she taped it." She mused as she ripped the tape off and opened it.

Her coat lay neatly folded on top, covering the other items... her gifts from Spike. Buffy's almost forgotten pain came rushing back and tears started to well in her eyes.

"Honey? What is it?"

"Uh... presents that Spike had given me. I'm just gonna..." She stood, clutching the box tightly to her. "I'll be in my room."

Joyce simply sighed and nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy'd been on her bedrooms floor for sometime, kneeling in front of the box. She had put the coat on, arms wrapped around her stomach as she worked herself up to taking the precious items out.

She took the journal out, holding it to her. It was full of pretty, rhyming words. Her heart ached at the thought of them being just that... words and nothing more.

Shaking her head of the negative thought, she put the journal on the floor and took out a delicate silk corset, thong and garter set that made her blush. She was suddenly very glad Willow had sealed the box. If her mother had seen them, she probably would have had a heart attack.

Underneath that lay a small box filled with various... toys. Spike had smirked at the shocked and confused look on Buffy's face. "I'll teach you how to use those the next time your mum goes out of town." He had promised with a wicked wink.

He'd given her a book of love poems. When she skimmed through it in the Bronze, she saw that he had written things next to certain poems. Some sweet like, "if I were a better poet, I'd of written something like this about you", some just funny like, "Yeah, like this ponce ever got any to know what it's like". Some places he's just written, "I love you Buffy Anne Summers".

Then there was the bracelet with her birthstone. She fingered a couple of the stones before fiddling with the clasp. She managed to get it on after a bit of hassle. If only she'd stayed put trying to get it on when they were at the Bronze instead of going off and looking for the missing present...

Speaking of the mystery gift... there was a small, velvet jewelry at the bottom of the box. Willow must have found it when she was rounding up the rest of her stuff.

She opened it with shaking hands. Inside was an exceedingly thin white gold chain resting against the soft lining. Hanging from it was a white gold heart encrusted with onyxes. On first glance it looked like an arrow was running through the heart. Buffy took it out of the box and held it up to see it better.

She started giggling. The little bit of white gold had been made to look like a stake. On the back was an inscription, "my heart, my life, my everything, it's all yours."

It was a matter of seconds before her giggling turned into sobs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy had spent a good deal of the afternoon crying in her room. The sun had set when she'd decided to change her clothes and head out to patrol. She felt that killing something... or at least getting to beat something up a whole bunch would make her feel just a teeny bit better.

But, Buffy soon began to wonder if patrolling was such a good idea. It wasn't that there was much demon action going on... it was that her feet had led her to the park. She looked at the Recreation Center for a long while before making her way to it.

As Buffy trekked up the ladder, she felt a slight twinge. Right back to the beginning. Every angsty, wonderfully perfect, heart-breaking moment she'd had since the day she and Spike had seen Angel and Drusilla betraying them... all of that and the love she'd gained for and from Spike began on the roof she stood on.

She was happy for what had happened that night. She had grown. It made her wiser. It made her love. Of course, she didn't think Jesus himself would have approved of her special brand of "love thy enemy", but it was true love.

Buffy shut her eyes tightly when she reached the center of the roof. She remembered the crushed look on Spike's face when he saw his two makers together. She remembered how worship-filled his voice had been when he'd whispered "Drusilla".

But, she mostly remembered how quickly he was at Drusilla's side when she'd gotten her soul and called out to him like a weak, little kitten.

She'd been a coward, running out when that happened. Her heart had shattered, much like the Orb had... into a zillion little pieces. What a great birthday present that had been.

It didn't help matters any that she hadn't seen or heard from him since then. Sure, a full twenty-four hours hadn't even passed since then, but her fears would not rest. Was he with Drusilla? Had he even spared her a thought?

"This is Hell." She said into the emptiness of the night. The wondering and worrying and waiting was killing her.

"That's not very optimistic, now is it?"

Buffy jumped and spun around. "What..."

"Kinda a coincidence, meeting you here." Buffy was surprised her slayer senses hadn't kicked in at his approach. "Actually, it wasn't. I've been looking for you for about an hour."

"Oh." Buffy didn't like the look on his gorgeous face as he came to stand next to her, staring out at the park grounds.

"I wanted to say goodbye before I left town."

"Y-You're leaving?"

"I'm taking Dru and heading... somewhere. I don't really know where yet."

Tears pooled in Buffy's eyes. "You're leaving with Drusilla."

"I... she needs someone to take care of her now more than ever. I understand her. I can help her... I hope."

There was a silence that was more than a little awkward. "I won't go if you ask me to stay. I love Drusilla, but I love you too, Buffy. A part of me always will."

She looked away, tears threatening to spill. "I don't need you. She does."

"I guess it just wasn't meant to be." He moved away from her. "If you ever need me..."

"You'll be gone?" She laughed.

"Well... yeah... but I'll get in touch with you once I get settled. Give you a number where you can reach me. Don't hesitate to call... for anything."

"Good luck with Drusilla. I hope she'll be okay."

He ducked his head sadly. "Goodbye, Buffy."
18 by nataliav
As Buffy stood there, a soft breeze caused her hair to blow around her face. A few silky wisps stuck to her tear-stained face. "Bye, Angel."

Buffy moved to sit on the ledge of the roof... watching as the souled vampire walked out of sight and out of her life.

She wasn't sure how long she'd sat there, gazing out at nothing before the sun began to rise. She reluctantly got up and left. Her mom would probably be worried if she didn't at least make a guest appearance at home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Willow pulled away from Oz's sweet embrace when she saw a haggard looking Buffy walking down the hall. "I better go see how she is." She told him. "I'll see you later?"

"Sure."

She rushed over to Buffy. "Hey, Stranger." She greeted as casually as possible.

Buffy lifted her head to look at her. "Hey Wills." She forced a smile.

"So... how are you? I mean, you don't have to tell me if you don't want, but, you know... sometimes it's good to talk about your feelings. And stuff. And I've just been so worried about you. Your mom wouldn't even let me go up to see you and..."

"Willow... breathe." Buffy put a hand on Willow's arm. "I'm... okay. I'm a little worried about having to deal with Giles and 'The Talk'. But, I'm good."

"'The Talk'?" Willow frowned. "But Giles isn't your dad. Why would he..."

"Noooo." Buffy's eyes widened. She looked around the hall and motioned Willow to follow her to a less people dense area. "I meant the 'Spike's a vicious, evil, bad man, how could you even think about parading around with him? What will The Council say? And how dare you have broken my pretty glass?' talk." She said it in a weak imitation of Giles' accent, which made Willow giggle. "Oh my god, could you imagine Giles trying to explain the birds and the bees?" Both girls giggled at the thought.

"That'd just be scary."

"Oh yeah."

"Have you talked to Spike?" Willow blurted after a second.

Buffy's face fell. "No, I haven't." She leaned against some lockers. "I did see Angel, though."

"Really?"

"Yeah. He just wanted to say goodbye. I was so happy when he told me he was taking Drusilla, I cried."

"Will you miss him?"

"I don't know. I don't think so. It's not like we were the closest of pals these few months."

"True."

"Willow, can you tell me something?"

"Sure."

"What happened after I left The Bronze?"

The warning bell for class rang just then. "I'll tell you at lunch, okay?" Willow promised, glad she'd been saved for the moment.

Bufy sighed. "Okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Willow had just left her classroom when Buffy pounced. "So..."

Why don't we get food, then I'll tell you, 'kay?" Willow smiled nervously, trying to think of ways to bend the truth or lessen the blow of what she was going t- tell Buffy.

Buffy pouted. "
kay, sure. Food it is."

After they got their lunches, they 1at outside underneath a tree. Willow shoved food into her mouth as soon as Buffy was about to aQk her to speak. Her mouth was so full she was sure she'd choke.

"Willow, please stop stalli g. It's making me nervous." Buffy said right before Willow was about to shove half her hamburge into her mouth.

"Stalling? Who's stalling? I'm certainly n
t stalling." She laughed nervou1ly. "Okay, so, um, you left The Bronze. Spike didn't seem too happy about it. He, he kinda whimpered your name. It was really sad. I mean, you could tell he wa ted to go after you, but Drusilla wouldn't let go of him no matter how hard he tried to pull away."

Willow, swirled a french fry in some ketchup on her lunAh tray. She didn't think she'd e eating any more, though. Just thinking about what she was going to tell Buffy made her stomach knot in the most unpleasant ways. She couldn't lie. Buffy deserved the truth.

Buffy was sitting there, ripping blades of grass into tiny bits and pieces. Her lunch was forgotten, becoming an all you can eat for ants and other insects.

"Your parents left almost right away. But, um, your dad said something along the lines of 'I don't want you freaks around my daughter, especially you' and gave Spike a pointed look.

Then Angel came in..."

**************************************************************************

"What the Hell happened??? I just ran into Buffy and she was crying." He saw Dru clutching Spike and growled. "What did you do to her?"

Spike finally managed to pry himself from Dru's grasp. "Take her." He shoved her into Angel's arms.

"Oh... my Angel." She sobbed.

Angel instinctively cradled her. "Drusilla, what's wrong?"

"They're all screaming at me. They're so angry. Please, Angel, make them stop."

Spike was making his way to the door when Giles' voice stopped him. "Buffy is above you. She represents all that is good and light. She deserves so much more than an evil, dead thing like you in her life."

Spike growled. "Sod off, Watcher."

"Stay away from her. If you love her at all... if she means anything to you, you will leave her be. She deserves a normal life. A chance at real happiness."

Spike glared at Giles for a long moment before going to the back room to get his coat. He was walking to the door once again when something caught his eye. He walked over to a booth and grabbed something off the seat.

He stalked over to Willow and put it in her hand. "Make sure the Slayer gets that." It wasn't a question or a request. It was a demand... and the tone it was given in made Willow shake as she nodded.

Then he was gone.

**************************************************************************

"He just... left?"

"Buffy, I'm sorry. I dunno, maybe he took what Giles said really seriously."

Buffy's heart wrenched painfully in her chest. That was it. Spike left because of Giles. No more Spike and Buffy... Buffy and Spike.

Just Buffy.

How was she supposed to go on without him? He was her world and she loved him more than anything. She'd be alone and miserable. She was already missing him from her life so much she couldn't even think. He didn't even try and fight for her. Didn't he know she would do anything for him? That she'd happily go against what her parents or Giles' wished, just so she could be with him?

"Buffy? Buffy, you're scaring me." Willow shook Buffy roughly. Buffy looked at Willow, her mini-catatonia breaking.

"Sorry Wills, I just..." She tried to bite back the sob, but failed.

"Oh... Buffy." Willow wrapped her arms around Buffy's small, shaking frame. "I'm sorry, Buffy. I'm so sorry."

The ringing of the bell, signaling the next class was about to start made the two girls part. Buffy wiped her face with the back of her hand. "It's... okay, Willow. I'll be okay."

"Going to class?"

Buffy made a face. "I wish I didn't have to. Think Xander'll say anything to me?"

"I dunno. He was really mad about the whole thing, but I haven't talked to him since Saturday... so maybe he's calmed down?"

"One can always hope."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy squirmed uncomfortably in her seat as she glanced up at the clock. There was still a half an hour to go of class and her back was beginning to burn from the intense heat of Xander's glare.

When she walked into the classroom, she'd given him a small wave, hoping maybe they'd be okay. But, he'd sneered and looked away. Cordelia had surprisingly smacked her boyfriend upside the head, whispering something angrily to him before shooting Buffy a sympathetic smile.

As Buffy was taking notes, she noticed Giles walk into the classroom. He cleared his throat to get the teacher's attention.

"Can I help you with something, Mr. Giles?"

"Er, yes, I need to speak to Buffy Summers."

The teacher nodded at Buffy to let her know it was okay to leave.

She quickly gathered her things, slightly relieved that she'd be away from Xander's glaring. Of course, the fact that she was probably going to get the lecture of a lifetime from Giles made any relief fade.

Neither of them said a word as they walked down the hallway leading to the library. He walked ahead of her and held the swinging doors open.

"I'm sorry to have taken you out of class, but I felt it was of the utmost importance that we talk now." He started as he slipped the "Closed" sign in front of the doors. "I called you several times, but your mother would not let me speak to you."

"I told her I didn't wanna talk to you." She sat down on the edge of a table, hands folded neatly in her lap as though she were some prim, proper and innocent little schoolgirl. "Giles, before you say anything else, there are some things I need to say. I'm sorry that I went behind your back for so long about my relationship with Spike. But I'm not sorry I was with him. Knowing what's happened, I'd do it all over again. You have no idea... none... how much I love him or how much he means to me.

Willow told me what you said to him at The Bronze. I haven't seen him since, so he's probably gone. Gone and left me and my heart is broken. I hope... I hope you're happy with that and I hope you can live with what you did to me.

I'm angry and hurt that you would do that. You didn't even bother to open your eyes to see that he changed so much for me... to be with me. I already told you he'd stopped feeding off people. And not only that but he had his minions patrol. That's why there's been such a lack of badness. Not 'cause of some pending Big Bad... but 'cause my boyfriend didn't want to see me hurt or dead."

"I had no idea." Giles sounded impressed.

"Of course you didn't. You only wanted Spike to be the villain he *used* to be. You didn't want him to be anything more than a monster. The world isn't black and white. I just learned that. There are so many different shades and colors, Giles. Spike was one of them."

"Buffy, regardless of whatever changes he may have undertaken, that doesn't change the fact that he is William the Bloody, killer of two slayers and countless innocents. And he is dead. What kind of life do you imagine leading with him? You would never be able to have children. You could never take a daylight stroll with him. If he had a soul, like Angel, perhaps the situation would be different. You chose against that. I am sorry you are hurt in any way, but I am relieved that he is gone."

Buffy stood up, clutching her books to her chest. "I better get back to class." She walked to the doors, pausing there, but not looking back at him. "Uh... I won't be training for a while... or patrolling. My mom's still wigged about the whole "Slayer thing". A couple of days of mother-daughter bonding are in order."

"You told her everything then?"

"Yeah, I did." Buffy bit her lip, pausing at the door. "If he were to come back, you know nothing you say would keep me from being with him, right?"

She heard him sigh heavily before he answered. "I know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy went back to class, but after a few minutes, the threat of tears caused her to rush out of the room. She could hear the teacher calling out after her, but she just kept going.

It was all so much. Willow's story of what happened after she left and the Xander glare-fest... and Giles delight at her broken heart; Buffy couldn't really take it anymore.

Once she was outside, she started running, afraid Snyder would catch her ditching. She froze when she noticed the DeSoto parked across the street. She stared at it like a dying man would his last hope for living.

She didn't take her eyes off it she slowly walked down the sidewalk and to the curb. She watched as it made a u-turn in the middle of the street to pull up in front of her. Her insides were doing all sorts of flips and flops as she opened the door and slid in, mindful to keep as much sunlight as possible from getting in.

Spike looked tired and smelled like he'd taken up some serious chain smoking. The DeSoto's floor was littered with cigarette butts and whiskey bottles. She'd never seen it in such bad shape. Spike usually kept his precious child as clean as possible.

As soon as her seat belt was secure, he peeled off. As the car sped down the streets, the screeching of other cars braking to get out of its way could be heard.

After driving this way for about twenty minutes, Spike pulled the car to a stop.

"I... I thought maybe you'd left."

"Is that what you want?" He crawled across the seat to her, trapping her body between the seat and a hard place.

"No. Of course not. I love you."

"Of course not. I love you." He all but sneered, vamping. "Is this the man you love? This demon inhabited corpse?"

"Spike, why are you acting like this?"

"I'm not acting, Luv. It's all me. Now answer my question."

"I do. I love all of you." She whispered. "The man and the demon. You know that."

"Yeah?" He rubbed his body against hers as he lowered his face to her neck.

"Spike..."

"You smell delicious..." His teeth grazed her neck. "So horribly afraid. You shouldn't fear the man you love." He placed several open mouthed kisses right over her jugular before slipping his fangs into the skin.

It wasn't new by any means. He'd left more than a dozen of his marks on her. But, she'd never felt the gut wrenching fear she was feeling. The only time she'd ever really been afraid of him was when they had been enemies.

Spike was actually feeding from her... ripping at her throat as he pulled greedily from her life source.

"S-s-s-stop. You're hurting me." She gasped, blood bubbling up in her mouth.

He laughed against her neck, retracting his teeth. He pulled away to look down at her. His face was a blur of red as she fought off a wave of dizziness. Her blood was smeared all around his mouth, dripping down his chin and onto her.

He grinned maliciously before moving back to her neck. "Is this the man that you love, Buffy?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy gasped, her hand flying to her neck. Her pulse was racing underneath her fingers.

"How kind of you to join us in the land of the living, Miss Summers." Her teacher said.

Taking a shaky breath, she looked around. She was still in her classroom. Xander looked almost concerned. The other students were snickering.

"Sorry."

"Try not to let it happen again, okay?"

"Yeah." Buffy glanced out the window, not sure whether she was hoping to see the DeSoto out there or not. Of course, it wasn't there. Rubbing her neck one last time, she tried to focus her attention on her class work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy wearily walked home after school had ended. She'd avoided Willow, who she was certain would try to get her to join her and Oz at the Bronze later on.

That dream had been the final straw.

Like being a Slayer... having died once added on top of being a teenager wasn't enough. No. She had to have the mother of all angsty romances. She should have just stayed with Angel... then she'd be drama free. But noooo... she had to go and fall in love with Spike.

"Hi Honey." Joyce said when she got home.

"Hi. I'll be in my room. Got oodles of homework to do." Her voice was emotionless. She knew that her mother would worry. But she hoped she wouldn't try to talk to her or anything. She needed some more time to wallow.

"Buffy."

She stopped on the first step of the stairs. "Yes, Mommy?"

"What happened today?"

"Nothing much. I did talk to Giles today. It wasn't pleasant, but I knew it wouldn't be."

"I'm sorry, Sweetie."

"It's okay." Buffy shrugged, forcing a smile. "Everything'll be back to normal now that Spike's gone."

"Gone?"

"I'm only guessing." Buffy looked down. "I should get started on my homework. If anyone calls, could you tell 'em I'm busy?" Buffy didn't wait for an answer, just went to her room and shut the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hours bled into each other. The phone had rung dozens of times. Giles, Willow, Xander... maybe Angel. Buffy didn't really care who it was. She seemed to have a lot of trouble caring about anything.

The homework she'd said needed to be done was untouched. Her windows were open, letting the chilly night air in. She was shivering, but she just didn't have the energy or desire to get up and close it.

Her cell phone rang. She crawled across the floor to take it out of her backpack and turn it off. A couple of minutes later, the doorbell rang, followed by several loud knocks.

"There's someone here to see you." Joyce peaked into Buffy's room.

"I'm not really in the mood to see anyone, Mom." Buffy said, hugging her knees tighter to her.

Joyce knelt next to Buffy, who'd been sitting against the wall, hugging her knees to her chest. "Buffy, this isn't good for you. I know your hurting, but you can't keep shutting out me and your friends."

"I know. I just... I just need time. I miss him so much, Mommy."

"I know." Joyce sighed, kissing her daughters hair. "I'm going to the gallery tonight... I have an important shipment coming in. I'll... be late. In fact... I might just stay there overnight. I'll leave money for pizza on the table, okay?"

"'Kay. Thank you."

Joyce left Buffy's room. Minutes later, Buffy heard her mother's car speed off.

Buffy had to admit it was strange that her mom had left like she did. The woman had been on worry overdrive since her birthday. She figured she wouldn't be pulling any all-nighters at the gallery for at least or a few days.

Buffy frowned when she heard her door creak open. "I didn't hear you drive up. Did you forget some... thing?"

She lifted her head a bit and saw all black. She wiped at her tears to get a better look. Black boots... black pants... on upwards to the sinfully tight black tee-shirt... then the pale skin of his neck.

Buffy wasn't sure whether to cry, laugh or jump up and down for joy when she saw Spike's gorgeous face. She knew in an instant that it was him. Really him. Not a dream or hallucination. She could feel it in her bones... in her gut.

"Spike."

He walked into the room, looking at everything but her. "I'm sorry."

"It doesn't matter."

"Yeah, it does. I didn't... Christ, Buffy, I never meant to cause you any harm. I know she'd hurt you... bit you... but I had to go to her. Not 'cause of anything but that I owed her." He sat down on her bed, finally looking at her. "She made me, Buffy. If not for her, I'd of never had you in my life."

"I understand. I know none of that was your fault. I mean, I can't really blame her for wanting you back. You are wicked hot. And I get the whole duty thing, too." A few tears slipped down her cheeks. "I kinda don't understand why you kept staying away though."

"Oh, Sweetheart, please, don't cry." He had scooped her up in a matter of seconds and was cradling her in his arms. "I'm so sorry, Buffy. So, so sorry." He peppered her face with kisses that soothed her soul. "I wasn't sure how welcome I'd be. Though you might be mad."

She slid her arms underneath his duster and wrapped them around his waist, clinging to him for dear life. "Willow told me what Giles said... I was afraid you'd leave. I thought I'd never see you again."

"What he said did get to me... and it's all true. You do deserve better than me. But, I'm a selfish prat. An' I love you too bloody much to let you go."

"Good." She sniffled, smiling a little. "Because I was getting tried of crying all the time."

"Oh, Luv, I don't think I can say sorry enough, can I?" He pressed his forehead to hers.

"Probably not, but I'd rather you just stop saying it all together. You're here... that's all that matters to me."

He nuzzled his face with hers before kissing her. "So much time wasted."

"It's only been two days." She said softly, returning his kiss.

"A bloody eternity." He began kissing his way down her jaw line and to her neck. Buffy tensed.

"Luv, what's wrong?"

"Nothing." He arched an eyebrow. "I had this stupid nightmare... er... day-mare? Whatever it was... it was just stupid."

"I bit you?"

"You questioned my love for you. You were so mean. And you bit me and you were gonna kill me, I woke up before..."

Spike frowned. "You know I would never do that, don't you?"

"Yes. That's why I said it was stupid." She tightened her arms around him, grabbing the fabric of his shirt.

“C’mere.” He tilted her head up. “Give us a kiss.”

Buffy rearranged herself so she was straddling him. “Why should I?” She smiled coyly.

“Because I bloody well told you to, Woman.”

“Bossy, bossy.” She chided. “Maybe I don’t wanna kiss you.”

“Buffy…” He growled.

She giggled. “Sorry.” She placed her hands on either side of his face before pressing her lips against his.

She whimpered as he wrapped his arms around her, their bodies pressed tight against each others.

“Missed you.” She sighed when he pulled away to let her breathe.

“It’s only been two days.” He teased.

“You’re not going anywhere, right?”

“Prolly gonna find a new place… something smaller. Since Dru had all my minions killed.”

“All of them?”

“Yeah.”

“You gonna keep the same bed? I love that thing.”

Spike chuckled. “Anything for you, Luv.”

“Really? Because my mom said she’d be gone all night. I can think of a couple… or… say… a couple dozen things you could do for me.”

He laid her on her bed and helped her pull off her clothes. “We’d best not waste any of this precious time then, huh?”

“Nope. But, even after tonight, we’ll have…”

“We’ll have forever, Pet.” He quickly shed his clothes, watching her intently as she laid spread out before him on her bed.

“Promise?” She opened her arms to him.

He joined her on the small bed, holding her close and kissing her gently. “Promise, Luv.”

**Okay, this isn’t really the end. I have an epilogue half done. I’mma try and get it done before Spring Break is over.
epilogue by nataliav
Title: Meant To Be
Part: Epilogue
Thanks: I hope you all enjoyed the ride even if only half as much as I did. Tons of thanks and millions of hugs and kisses to Mandi, Nel and Rachel for wanting to archive MTB at their awesome sites.

Lastly, but of course not least, all my lovely readers and reviewers! Everyone from AdultFanFiction.Net, the BlackQueenPhoenix group/site, FanFiction.Net (before they turned Nazi and I had to take it off), the MTB Update List, Nel's World, Sinister Attraction, The Spuffy Realm, and Vampire's Kiss! Thank you so much for all the support!

"C'mon, you gotta admit... this is fun."

"It bloody well is not."

"Spike, you're a terrible liar, you know that, right?"

"Bugger all."

"Spike likes fighting evvvvil." Buffy giggled as she pulled Spike out of the cemetery.

She'd insisted she had to go patrolling, but Spike didn't want her to. As a compromise, she managed to get him to go with her. He'd dusted two fledglings and helped her kill some horned demon.

"Bloody Hell, Woman, shush." He clamped a hand over her mouth. "I have a reputation to maintain." She bit his hand hard enough for him to yank it away after yelping. He glowered at her.

"Reputation-shemputation." She snorted. "I think shagging a slayer kills any badass reputation you had."

"Does not."

"Does too."

"Does..." Spike rolled his eyes. "I just don't want you getting hurt s'all."

"Awe." Buffy gushed, hugging him. "It's sweet and all, but, Spike, I am the Slayer. I think I can protect myself pretty well."

Spike just shrugged, taking her tiny hand in his and swinging their joined hands as they walked. After a few minutes, they entered the warehouse district, where pulled jerked to a stop.

"Oh my god!"

"What?" Spike fumbled in his coat with his free hand for a stake. "What is it, Luv?"

She glared at him, smacking his arm. "Look."

Spike looked around the alleyway that Buffy had stopped him in front of. He tilted his head, the memories slowly coming to him.

His tiny golden goddess, kicking and punching and blocking and he returning his own in kind. It had been so beautiful. The beginning of the end of "William the Bloody" and the return of "William the Bloody Awful Poet" and supremely whipped love's bitch.

Spike turned to Buffy with a mischievous grin and a wink. "Slayer?"

"Yeah?"

"Wanna snog?”

Buffy’s eyes sparkled brightly as she giggled, and feigned innocence. "What's that?"

He pulled her into his arms, lowering his lips over hers. "This," he purred before kissing her.

After a few heated smooches, he lifted her by her tiny waist. Buffy automatically wrapped her legs around him.

“Bugger…” He growled as he struggled to undo her pants. “That’s it. From now on… you only wear skirts or dresses.”

“Even on patrol???” Buffy pulled back to look at him.

Spike paused to pull the zipper down and slowed his hand in, rubbing against her wet undies. “Uhhh… well, when you put it that way… no. Don’t want any fledge to see my girl’s pretty little knickers.”

Spike groaned when he had to set her down to get her pants and boots off. “This was so much easier the first time around.”

Buffy just giggled as he pressed her against the wall, pulling his duster around her so her nudity wouldn’t be seen by any passer-bys.

Buffy put her hands on his shoulders and kissed him. Their lips melted together.

No awkward teeth clacking or accidental biting of tongues as they dueled. No… they were meant for each other in every sense… fighting or fucking. It was just… perfect.

Spike’s lips left hers to move down the smooth column of her throat. He bit down with his human teeth along the left side, hard enough to leave a mark. He kissed the mark lightly and nuzzled his face there for a second.

She let out a moan as his lips traveled from her neck all the way down to the top curve of her breasts. She let go of his shoulders to try and push his head further down. Spike let out a small chuckle at her eagerness before nipping at one pert nipple, then did the same with the other. Buffy's legs tightened around his waist as she ground herself against his jeans, seeking more friction.

"Naughty little girl." He groaned when she slid one hand down between them and instead of unzipping him, flicked at her clit.

"But… but… you're taking too long." She whined when he pulled her hand away and placed it on the straining bulge pushing at the denim of his jeans.

Spike shook his head. “Thought I’d shown you some things are worth waiting for?”

“Last time we were here you basically just stuck it in… and there was much less talking involved.” She pouted.

“Pouty.” He kissed her twice quickly. “Love when you do that.”

“Yeah? Love when I do this?” She unzipped him and grabbed him. She stroked him a couple of times.

“Uuuuhhhh…” Spike’s head fell back and he almost lost his balance.

“Smooth.” She snickered.

Spike gave her a look before she led his penis to her dripping entrance. Spike put on hand on her soft little butt to hold her and the other on the wall behind her. He pushed himself fully into her, pushing his hips upward so he was grinding hard against her clit.

Buffy came immediately when he did that.

When she came down form her euphoric high, he was grinning victoriously. “How was that for smooth?”

“Very.” She panted.

“Good.”

Tiny bolts of pleasure were still coursing through her body form that first orgasm when Spike pulled out then pushed back in her. Her body arched as she sighed his name “Spike…”

She matched the pace he set and bucked against him, clenching her already tight vaginal walls around him on every down stroke.

Buffy’s head was against the wall and Spikes face buried at her throat when she felt his face shift. She clutched the back of his head with one hand.

Taking that as consent, Spike slid his fangs into her neck. He’d never bit her there before. The Master’s mark had been covered by Drusilla’s. Now any reminder of those two horrible incidents would be covered by his mark.

Buffy gasped, near orgasm, when he bit her. It was a hundred times more intense than any other time he’d bitten her.

At first, she’d felt a momentary fear of her horrible dream coming true. But she knew Spike would never, never hurt her.

Still buried within her, Spike pressed her clit, pushing her towards orgasm. Buffy’s eyes shut and her mouth opened in a silent cry as a wave of ecstasy took over her.

About a minute later, Buffy finally recovered enough to remember they were in a dirty alley and she had both of their sticky, wet spendings on her thighs.

But Spike didn’t seem in much of a hurry to move from his comfy warm place. He was licking the two neat holes on her neck, like a dog would its owner’s hand.

Buffy wrapped her arms around him in a tight hug. “Love you."

"Mmm... love you, too." He finally pulled out of her and set her on her feet. Her legs buckled and she almost fell. Spike was quick in grabbing her. She clutched onto his leather-clad forearms.

Buffy giggled, the feeling slowly returning to her legs. “My god… I’m standing in an alley naked.”

“Wish I had a camera.”

“You big perv.” She smacked him playfully.

Spike fell to his knees, kissing her belly button and he reached for her clothes, scattered around them, one arm still around her waist to keep her standing.

Buffy put on her clothes as best she could with Spike still doing very naughty things to her with his devilish mouth. When she was confident she could stand on her own she moved away from him to straighten herself out so she didn’t look like she’d just been thoroughly had.

“There, I’m all pretty again.” She looked around and wrinkled her nose. “No more trips down this memory lane again, okay? I mean, much fun as the hot sex was... dirty alley, not so much fun.”

“Oh, I dunno, this place will always hold a place in my heart.”

“Should I leave the two of you alone?”

“Maybe just for a minute.” He grinned, pushing her tiny top down just a bit to caress her breasts. He leaned down and kissed the bite marks on her neck. They had already stopped bleeding.

"How 'bout we go home so I can give you a proper shag?"

"Sounds like oodles of fun. But first…” She reached over to put “Little Spike” back into Spike’s jeans and zipped him up. She giggled and stood on her tip-toes to kiss him.

When she pulled away, he ran and finger over her cheek, then lips. His eyes held a look of awe and wonder. "My pretty Slayer."

"Just pretty?"

"You're indescribable, Buffy."

"I hope only in the good way."

"Always."

"C'mon." She looped her arms through his. "I believe you said something about a proper shag at home?"

"Mine or yours?"

"Yours. Bigger bed." She leaned up and kissed his cheek. "Plus... I think we should give some of those... things under your bed a whirl, don't you?"

Spike raised an eyebrow. "You know, I knew there was a reason why I love you so bloody much."

Buffy rolled her eyes before taking his hand a pulling him out of the alley. "C'mon. Home. Bed. Now."

"Yes Ma'am. Who am I to argue with such a lovely little thing?"

"I hope I'm the only 'lovely thing' you take home, or, you know... take anywhere."

"Only you, Sweetheart. Never be another bird for me. Ruined me good, you have."

Buffy snuggled closer to him. "Glad to hear it."

Neither of them saw it coming. A stake being launched towards Spike's chest. Luckily his reflexes were faster than that of the attacker.

He grabbed the wrist that held the stake and twisted it until a scream escaped the attacker.

"Let me go you filthy vampire!" It was a girl. She looked to be a couple of years younger than Buffy and was very pretty. She had lovely light chocolate colored skin, her hair pulled away from her angelic face, into a braid. Her clothes looked like something stolen long ago from the set of "I Dream of Jeannie".

"You just tried to kill him.” Buffy rolled her eyes and tsked. “You don't really think he's gonna let you go, do you?"

"I was trying to save you."

"I don't need saving from him or any other vampire, thank you very much."

The girl used her other hand to grab onto Spike's wrist and hurl him onto the asphalt. She pulled out another stake from a pocket in her pants, looking much like a cobra ready to strike.

"Buggering chit..." Spike groaned, getting off the ground to stand next to Buffy.

"I don't know who the Hell you think you are, but you're messing with the wrong person... and the wrong person’s boyfriend to boot. So why don't you..."

"Your boyfriend is a vampire? I am sure it just wants to kill you." The girl laughed. "Why don't you run along, Girl, so I can kill it?"

"Hello? Didja not hear what I just said? Wrong person to blah-blah-blah? Or did the information just fly right through your skull and miss your brain completely? Girlie, I'm the Slayer. Do you know what that means? It means you really don't wanna mess with me when I'm pissed off. So why don't *you8 run along?"

"You cannot be the Slayer." The girl sniffed with an air of superiority.

"I have super strength and abilities you can't begin to imagine, along with averted apocalypses, and The Master's death notched on my belt that would say otherwise." Buffy all but sneered, with the same air the girl had.

"It is impossible."

"Would you like a demo?" Buffy asked, irritated. "Because, I'd be more than happy to give it to you... free of charge."

"It is impossible for you to be The Slayer because I am The Vampire Slayer." She stated with a smug grin, her head held up high as though she were nobility, not someone who was destined to fight the evil of the world and die by said evil much too young.

Buffy and Spike looked at the girl, then at each other, their expressions of confusion identical. "Huh?"

The End
This story archived at http://https://spikeluver.com/SpuffyRealm/viewstory.php?sid=994