“Buffy!” Hank Summers shouted.

“I’m coming!” 17 year old Buffy Summers yelled back as she jumped off her bed and ran downstairs too greet her parents home.

When she got down stairs her mother Joyce had a strange look on her face where as her father had a huge grin firmly planted on his face. ‘must have got that promotion’ she thought.

“How’d the party go” she asked

“It went great I got the promotion I was after” Hank told his daughter excitedly.

“That’s great Dad you’ve worked really hard for it” Buffy smiled even thought she hasn’t always got along with her father the promotion was really good for the whole family as money was always tight in the Summers household.

Buffy turned to look at Joyce who didn’t look so happy about it. ‘what’s wrong with Mum’ she thought.

“Tell her Hank” Joyce said miserably

“Tell me what” Buffy asked in confusion.

“Well sweetheart their a tiny catch…….”

She could see her father was nervous about telling her this ‘catch’ but I couldn’t be that bad could it? However the dejected look on her mother’s face was not comforting and was making her fell extremely uneasy and anxious.

“What do you mean a catch?”

“ Well I promised something to secure my promotion”

“ What did you promise” Buffy asked curiously. Hank hesitated to answer her which confused Buffy. Did the catch have something to do with her? It couldn’t could it I mean what could she do.

“Spit it out Hank!” Joyce suddenly shouted. The look in her mother’s eyes was seriously worrying Buffy she had never seen her like this before.

“I promised you’d marry Angelus O’Connor on your 18th birthday” Hank blurted out.

“WHAT!!!!”

She couldn’t believe what she had just heard it had to be some kind of joke. She couldn’t get married she was still in high school for goodness sake! The thing that made it even worse was she was supposedly promised to Angelus. Angelus was 21 and was an heir to his father Ethan’s multi-billion dollar company ‘Giles O’Connor Enterprises’ It was no secret that Angelus had been after Buffy since he first saw her. However Buffy was well aware of his womanising and stayed clear of him, which made him want him even more.

This was like a nightmare for Buffy she didn’t want to marry Angelus. She didn’t want to let her family down but they where asking too much of her weren’t they?
There had to be a solution to this then it hit her like a ton of bricks William Giles!

~*~

Solution in the next chapter
Please review !
Please note that this is my first ever fan fiction.