This is another AU Fantasy story that I came up with and I really think it's a cute story, one of my favorites. I really wanna know what ya'll think about this one. Feel free to read and review, all comments are appreciated=)


Prologue

William Atherton was a substitute teacher from London, England. He has been teaching at so many different schools that he couldn’t keep track of them all. He loved it though, it didn’t matter what grade. He just loved being around kids. He moved to a small town called Sunnydale, California recently because he was offered a permanent teaching job and he couldn’t pass up on the offer. This wasn’t his first visit to the small town and he at least knew people there, so it wasn’t that bad of a move. He needed the change in scenery. He was talking on the phone and pacing around his house and he wasn’t in a good mood. “You told me that the meeting was on Friday. I know I need this job, but I can’t leave now. You know of my predicament. It’s too short of a notice.” He said over the phone. He listened a bit more and then sighed giving in. “Alright, I’ll see what I can do.” With that he hung up and dialed another number that he knew by heart. He smiled when he heard the female voice on the other end. “Hey, pet. I need a favor.” William heard a knock on his door about 15 minutes later and he got up to answer it. He was greeted by the smiling face of a pretty brunette.

“Hi, Spike. I came as soon as I could.” Spike was his nickname that his friends gave him in high school and it stuck. He smiled at her.

“Thank you so much for doing this, Tara. I owe you.” He said as he hugged her and kissed her on the cheek. Tara hugged him back and then pulled away.

“You know I don’t mind. You’re just lucky you caught me on a boring day. Besides, what are sisters for? You know I’m always here when you need me. Even more now that we live by each other. I missed you.” Spike agreed.

“I missed you, too. I have to run now. The meeting was changed on me and that’s why I needed you here. I only have a half an hour to get there. It probably wouldn’t be good to be absent on the first meeting before I even start the job.” Tara nodded also.

“Of course, good luck with that.” She told him and he went to grab his briefcase, so he would look more professional. Spike then looked down the hall.

“Amanda!” He yelled as he turned back to Tara. “She’ll be out in a second.” Tara nodded and then this little girl with curly, brown hair walked into the living room, her face lighting up when she saw Tara.

“Aunty Tara!” The little girl exclaimed as she ran to the older woman who then picked her up and hugged her.

“Hey, sweetie. I’m going to be watching you for a bit while daddy goes to his important meeting, okay?” Amanda nodded and hugged Tara again and then looked at Spike.

“I hope you do good, daddy.” She said and Spike smiled as he walked over to her.

“I hope so, princess. Now, give daddy a kiss.” He said as he leaned into the girl and she kissed him on the cheek. “That’s my girl. You be good to Aunty Tara. I won’t be long.” Amanda nodded and Spike smiled at her and ruffled her hair. He then looked at Tara. “Thanks again, love. I really appreciate this.” Spike told her as he headed to the door.

“Don’t mention it.” She said as Spike smiled at her again and then headed out of the house.