Opposites Attract
By Kat

Disclaimer: The idea came from comedian Ernie Cline, one itty bit is from the movie “Billy Madison,” the characters belong to Joss. The homework belongs to my sister.

A/N: I realise that we didn’t all take/pass circle trig. It’s only mentioned briefly; please just run with it! :) Also, I apologise for the title. I really had no idea what to call this. While I’m at it, I’ll apologise for any spelling mistakes. I didn’t send this one to a beta and I have no excuse for it.

Feedback: Would be much appreciated, thanks. :)


“Ready for the big game on Friday?” Riley asked Spike.

Harmony, who had followed Riley in search of Spike, sighed exaggeratedly. “Basketball players are so sexy.”

“Of course,” Spike told his friend, ignoring the annoying blonde. He pulled his textbooks out of his locker and shoved them into his backpack. History, math, English… All boring. Harmony babbled inanely as he pushed papers aside, looking for a few CDs he’d left in there. Giving up, he closed the locker and kicked it for good measure.

Turning away, he noticed exactly the person he wanted to see. “Buffy!”

She spun around, clutching several notebooks to her chest. “Spike, hi.”

He kissed her briefly on the lips and Riley laughed. “Got yourself a pet nerd there, Spike?”

Buffy looked away, then up at Spike to see what he’d do. She smiled when he put an arm around her waist and dropped a kiss to her forehead. “You know she’s my girl, mate. Buffy here is smarter, funnier and prettier than any girl you could dream of dating.”

“What about me, Spikey?” Harmony asked, twisting a curled lock of her hair around a finger and pouting.

Again, he ignored her. “C’mon, pet,” he said to Buffy. They left Riley and Harmony standing speechless by his locker.

Spike and Buffy were by no means a matched pair. He wore jeans and black t-shirts to school and played most sports. This quarter he was one of the star players on the basketball team, making Buffy proud.

His girlfriend preferred plain blouses and knee-length skirts, usually with sensible flat shoes. She took physics, chemistry and advanced math classes while he struggled with basic trigonometry.

Buffy watched his annoyance fade to amusement as he drove them to his house. When they arrived, he leaned over for a deep kiss, smiling afterwards and then coming around to open the car door for her.

He handed her a bottle of water from the fridge and led her up to his room. Motioning for her to have a seat on his bed, he opened the curtains to let some natural light in. “I have a math test tomorrow. Circle trig.”

She smiled. “Sounds good. How much studying have you done?”

“Not much,” he answered honestly. She’d know, anyway, when he admitted that he was stuck on the fourth question in the chapter.

“Okay. Trig. Converting radians to degrees?” she asked.

“Done,” he told her, flipping through his notes as she sipped at her water.

“Using the Pythagorean theorem to find the hypotenuse of a right-angled triangle?”

“Done.”

“Solving sine and cosine equations?”

“That’s where I’m stuck.”

She stood up and instead settled on his lap. “Let’s do an example. For question seven, press here,” she said, indicating a button on his calculator. “Then enter 0.78. Your answer is in degrees. Simple?”

“Simple,” Spike agreed. “So for number eight, enter 1.32?”

“Yep. But do you understand the theory?”

“Sure. The circle is 2pi or 360 degrees.”

“And you have to know the quadrants where sine, cosine and tan are positive and negative.”

“Of course, kitten. Here, number twelve. How do you do that?”

Buffy took his pen from him and shifted slightly, meeting his eyes. Their lips came together moments later, his hands running down her back and her thighs until she pushed him away. “Math first,” she reminded him with a smile. “Okay. So have you graphed these before?”

“Yeah, I think so.”

“Do you remember the equation for the asymptotes? Only tan graphs have them, though. Sine and cosine graphs have an equation for the amplitude, which is always a positive number.”

“Right. And cosine graphs start at…”

“An x-value of zero and a y-value of the amplitude, assuming that there are no translations,” she finished for him.

“I had no idea this class would be so complicated or I wouldn’t have signed up for it,” he complained.

“But Spike,” she said playfully, “you wouldn’t have met me.”

He returned her grin. “You’re right. This stupid class brought me the best part of my year.”

Buffy snuggled into his embrace. “It’s not a stupid class. I like trig! It’s simple once you get the hang of it.”

“Whatever,” he said, turning back to the book.

“I know what will cheer you up.” He let her stand up and watched as she sat on his bed, facing him.

“Sex?” Spike joked, eyes widening as she removed her blouse.

“Almost. I’ll take something off for every question you answer correctly. How many more are there for this section?”

“Six.”

“And when’s your dad getting home?”

“Late.”

Buffy pretended to think this over. “Well, I suppose we have time.”

“Won’t your mum be a worried if you’re here for a while?”

“It’s almost four o’clock now,” she said. “Mum’s not expecting me for a few hours.”

“She lets you stay here without my dad home for that long?”

“Why not? You know what I wear. Why would any guy want me?”

Spike considered this. “But you’re irresistible. It’s not just how you look that turns me on, pet. Your intelligence is sexy.”

“You think I’m sexy because I’m smart?”

“Well, that and those little glasses you wear sometimes.” She giggled. He continued, “now can we get this striptease started?”

“Spike!” Buffy admonished him. “Go on, do the next question.”

He quickly stuck some numbers into his calculator and wrote down his answer. “Fourty-five and one-thirty-five,” he said, flipping to the answer pages at the back of the textbook. “Correct.”

“Nice work.” She pulled off her shoes.

“Fourty-five, two-twenty-five,” he said as he wrote. “Correct!”

This time she pulled her hair free and shook her head slightly, allowing the loose strands to fall softly over her shoulders. He answered the next one incorrectly and she slowly reached for her blouse to put it back on, but then he came through with the last few questions and she was left in her lacy blue panties.

“Done!” Spike flipped his text shut and quickly shed his clothes, gently pushing Buffy down on his bed and lying next to her. “Time for my reward.”

“I suppose you’ve been a good boy,” she said playfully, running her hands down his chest and kissing him deeply. She felt his hard cock against her thigh and was inwardly thrilled at the effect she had on him. With another kiss, she put his hands on her hips and indicated that he should remove her panties.

“Eagar,” Spike commented, doing as she wanted. Buffy smiled and kissed his lips more passionately. Pulling away, he cupped her breasts and lightly rubbed her hardened nipples, pleased with how he made her moan in pleasure.

She reached down and took his cock in one hand, stroking it twice before throwing a leg over his hip and pushing him inside of her. “No foreplay?” he asked.

“There was math,” she said, kissing his neck and then nipping him lightly. “That’s all I need.” He kissed her softly, smiling against her lips. Rolling so he was on top, Spike gently pulled back and thrust into her again.

The sensations he was causing were delicious and her back arched in pleasure. Buffy moaned when he scraped his teeth against one of her nipples before licking a path up to her neck. “Yes, Spike…” she encouraged him.

His thrusting sped up and he moved a hand down to rub her clit lightly. She whimpered and clenched around him, causing him to moan. “Buffy…” Kissing her once more, he sat up slightly to change his angle of penetration.

“Spike! Yes, there!” she exclaimed, breathing heavily. A bead of sweat rolled off her forehead as she arched her back again, her legs clamped around his hips.

Desperate for release, he leaned in again to kiss her, grinding his hips against hers rather than thrusting. “Buffy, I’m so close,” he whispered to her, nipping her earlobe. “Come, baby.”

She screeched his name as her internal muscles squeezed him, and he came inside her soon after. Collapsing beside her, he pulled the sheet tighter around them to snuggle with her.

“What’s the time?” Buffy asked once she was breathing normally, though her skin was still flushed.

He looked over to the clock on his bedside table. “Quarter to six.”

She climbed over him off the bed. “Shit!” she exclaimed, picking up her clothes and tugging them on.

“What is it, pet?”

“Battlestar’s on at six,” she told him apologetically.

He smiled. “We could watch it here.”

“Mum’ll be home before it ends.” She smiled weakly at him. “Sorry.”

“It’s fine, pet. Do you need a ride?”

“Nah. Thanks, but it’s only a few blocks. See you in school tomorrow?”

“See you then,” he told her. Buffy closed the bedroom door behind her as she left.

End.