Buffy Summers was under the tragic misconception that every guy in school was lusting after her. On Friday afternoons, when she walked out of the school to her beat up VW with her chin in the air, she imagined all of the guys she passed were just too in awe of her beauty to ask her out that weekend. She was too good for any of them anyway because someday a man far better than anyone in that school, or the whole town for that matter, was going to sweep her up and marry her. Only to this amazing man, who had not yet made his appearance, would she give her virginity.

But on this particular Friday afternoon, as she made her way to her locker to get her things, she felt a weakness. An slight envy for all of the kids talking and laughing, asking each other out or to various parties around town. She saw this going on every Friday and it never bothered her but for some reason today it did. She didn't feel like going home and studying or watching movies. She felt bored. She was contemplating a stop at Dairy Queen on her way home for a peanut buster parfait when she heard the all too familiar voice of her tormenter, Spike Giles, several feet behind her.

"So, Summers, what are you up to this weekend. Another round of croquet out on the old lawn by your lonesome?" Spike grinned at her as Xander and Gunn, his two cronies, laughed behind him.

Buffy cringed as she remembered being spotted by the infuriating blond and his gang as she messed around with her dad's old croquet set the previous weekend. Spike lived on the same street as her and always seem to drive by and spot her when she was doing something totally pathetic or weird all by herself. She'd looked up at the sound of laughter to see his smirking face. He had his arm around some beautiful brunette--every time she say him he had a different girl--and Xander and Gunn were in the back seat hooting and hollering obscenities at her. She'd immediately put her chin up in the air, whirled around, and gone inside without giving them a second glance. Once inside though, she leaned against the door and beat her fist against her forehead. Why did he always make her feel like a total idiot.

"Spike, I wish you guys would just leave me alone," Buffy said in a huff as she whirled around to gather up her stuff and get out of there before they did something to embarrass her. She didn't understand why Spike insisted on always picking on her day in and day out. There were plenty of other people to go bother but he always insisted on singling her out year after year and she hated it. Or so she pretended.

"Tell you what Buffy," he smiled as he sauntered up to her and leaned against the door of her locker. "I'll do just that if you agree to a little bet," Spike said with a mischievous glint in his eye.

"If you win this bet, I'll never bother you or look at you ever again," he said in a serious tone. At this statement Buffy immediately looked up.

"What! That would be a dream come true. But I don't believe you," she quipped looking him directly in the eyes.

"I swear to you, if you win this bet, I will never bother you in any way ever again." Buffy stared open mouthed. She pondered the possibilities. A life free from Spike's constant harassment. No more embarrassing remarks in class about her status as a virgin. No more stealing of her panties from her gym locker to be used as a hood ornament on his stupid car. No more incidents of being locked in the boys bathroom or having her breasts sprayed with water in the halls between classes.

"What is the bet?" Buffy asked with a greedy look on her face.

"All you have to do is go ask three guys to go out on dates with you this weekend. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'll go ask three girls. Whoever gets the most dates wins."

Buffy was full of glee. What an easy bet! She'd win for sure. I mean, Spike had already had sex with every girl in school so there was no way any of them could possibly want another round with his sorry ass. She, on the other hand, was fresh and new. Every guy in the school wanted her. By Monday she would never have to deal with the infuriating presence of Spike Giles ever again. That thought actually made her sad but she wasn't going to let HIM see that.

"Sounds good to me," Buffy smiled brightly, "but what do you want if you win, not that you are because I am so going to kick your pathetic ass," she said with a sassy smile on her little face.

Spike grinned like an assassin. The delusional little bint had taken the bait. He knew she would, the crazy little loon. "Well, I want you, luv. Sex. With you," he smirked. Buffy's smile instantly dropped. There was just no way she was going to do that.

"Sex! With me!!" she cried with a shocked look on her face.

"Why yes, pet. I've always wanted to make it with a virgin," he said innocently as all of his cronies busted up into laughter behind him. "And you're the only one left in the entire school," he laughed as he watched her face turn red.

"Forget it. I should have known you were joking," Buffy said dryly as she grabbed her stuff and closed her locker.

"I'm not joking Buffy. Very serious about this bet. I'm just telling you what I want is all," he said while keeping a straight face. He turned and glared at Xander and Gunn behind him and signaled for them to shut up.

Buffy leaned against her locker and contemplated his offer. "I can't have sex with you Spike. There's just no way. I want my first time to be special. Not with a scumbag like you that's been with every ho around."

Spike's eyes darkened with anger and he leaned in with a menacing look on his face. "Think you're better than me huh? Think you're too good for all the guys in school don't you? Well I'd say it's the other way around pet. There isn't a guy in this school that wants you Buffy. They all think you're a joke. People laugh at what an uptight little bitch you are behind your back. I'm just honest enough to laugh at you to your face."

"You're lying," Buffy said, trying not to show how much his words had shocked her.

"You think I'm lying? Disprove me. Agree to the bet and go out there and ask three guys out this weekend. I'll even make it easier for ya. If even one--just one guy goes out with you this weekend, you win," Spike said, the grin returning to his face.

"Fine, I'll take your bet but it has to be something else besides sex. I'm not having sex with you. No way," Buffy said looking away from him. This was all getting to be a bit much for her and she wanted to just prove her point and go home. Her face was feeling extremely hot talking about these things with him.

"Okay, then I get to go down on you," Spike leered at her.

"WHAT!" Buffy cried in shock. She couldn't believe he'd said that. Why in the world would he want to do that. She heard about guys doing that but...

"No, no. There has to be something else. That's just disgusting," Buffy blushed not able to look at him anymore.

"You are so uptight Summers. That's exactly what I want. To eat your virgin pussy. And I'll bet by the time I'm done you'll be be begging me to fuck you," Spike said quietly as he leaned in and gave her a hungry look. Buffy stepped back, confused and embarrassed. He was kidding. And besides, she was so going to win the bet so there was no way she was going to have to deal with any this.

"Okay, fine. Whatever Spike. Lets just get this over with so I can go home with the knowledge that come Monday, I will never have to hear your annoying voice ever again.

"Great. You go first Summers," he said calmly as he leaned back against the lockers. Buffy raised her head proudly in the air and walked over to Eric Johnson, a boy in her math class.

"Hi Eric," she said coyly. "I was wondering if you would like to go out to dinner with me tonight?" Buffy smiled so wide she thought her face might crack.

"Uh, no thanks," Eric said quickly before he slammed his locker shut and walked off to join a group of his friends.

'Well that was weird. He must be in a bad mood' Buffy thought to herself as she looked around and spotted Kevin McKay coming out of a late class.

"Hi Kevin, I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me this weekend?" Buffy said sweetly as she walked along next to him.

"What? Are you kidding? I mean--I've got other plans Buffy," Kevin said as he walked off with a confused look on his face. When he reached his group of friends he pointed over at Buffy and they all turned and looked at her and started to laugh. Buffy swallowed and tried to control her panic. This wasn't going well at all! Why were they turning her down? She glanced over at Spike and his friends who were standing together laughing as they watched her make a fool of herself. She only had one more try left and she felt her stomach clench as she looked around the room for her next victim. She finally spotted Roy Dawson who had asked her out the year before. She sauntered over to him and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Hi Roy, I was wondering if you'd like to go out this weekend," she smiled at him.

Roy looked around quickly and then stepped closer to her, "Buffy, I wouldn't go out with you if you were the last girl in school. You're cute but you're too stuck up. No one likes you and you pretend like you're the fucking homecoming queen."

Buffy wrung her hands in disbelief. She hadn't been able to get even one guy to go out with her. She watched in shock as Roy Dawson walked away from her and then slowly turned to face her persecutors. Spike's friends were laughing their asses off as she walked back to her locker while Spike just stared at her with his trademark smirk.

"Not even one, huh luv?"

"Well, you go ahead and try. See if you do any better!" Buffy lashed out. She was angry and to hell if she was going to put up with any more of his crap.

"Fine," Spike drawled as he lazily sauntered over to chat with various groups of girls who had congregated in the middle of the floor to discuss their plans for the weekend. Buffy watched as Spike laughed and chatted for a while with the prettiest ones and then wandered back over to her locker once again.

"I'm seeing Dru tonight, had my eye on her for a while now actually, Harmony Kendal Saturday night and Cordelia Chase Sunday evening for a pool party," Spike said casually as he leaned back against the lockers. Buffy stared at him in horror. This couldn't be true. Surly he was lying.

"How do I know you're telling the truth?" She sputtered.

Just that moment Dru slithered over and pressed her lithe body up against him. "I'll see you tonight my sweet," she whispered into his ear and then walked away, swinging her hips.

It took a moment for it to sink in that Buffy had just lost the bet. Once it fully hit her, she felt her stomach churn and realized she was going to throw up. She darted to the ladies room and barely made it to the toilets. When she was done puking she heard the door open and several voices entered all talking about her.

"Can you believe Buffy Summers asked out Roy and Eric? Oh my god! She thinks she's so hot and she's just a pathetic geek. I almost feel sorry for her. It's so weird how she suddenly went around asking all the most popular guys out. You should see Eric's impression of her! It's hysterical!"

Buffy waited until the voices had died down before she came out of the stall to wash her face. She looked in the mirror when she'd finished washing away her mascara and felt like she was truly seeing herself for the first time. She actually wasn't very pretty. She was too small and her nose was weird. When she really looked at herself, she realized that she was rather plain. Why had she thought she was so beautiful? Probably because her mom had always told her that. Spike was right. She'd just been fooling herself all these years. She'd been living in some kind of a dream where she wasn't a total loser. She dried her face on a paper towel and walked out of the bathroom. Everyone had gone and the only person still there was Spike. He was leaning lazily against the lockers playing with his zippo lighter and smirking at her. The veil now torn from her eyes, Buffy looked at Spike for what he truly was: incredibly handsome, popular and smart. She banged her fist against her forehead as she felt her face heat up in shame. She'd thought the reason he picked on her all the time was that deep down he liked her. She felt her stomach clench with fear when she realized that Spike had been picking on her because he was popular and she was a lowly nerd. And yet he'd said that he wanted to have sex with her...maybe he did like her or at least find her attractive.

Spike watched as Buffy walked came out of the girls bathroom. He smiled to himself when he noticed her messy hair and sad face. She'd finally faced up to her defeat. He watched, amused, as she banged her head with her tiny fist and then glanced up at him, her face turning a deep shade of red.

"So Buffy, I won," he smiled down at the tiny girl. Buffy sighed and nodded her head, then looked down at her feet. Spike felt troubled for a moment, he'd never seen Buffy look down before. The crazy little bint always had her chin in the air like a little diva. He had no intension of taking advantage of Buffy by collecting on their bet, but he wanted to land one final blow to the girl's vast ego. Teach her a final lesson.

"I won't be collecting on our bet, princess. I've no desire to get into your pants. Never did actually. Your chastity is safe from me and every other guy in this school," he snarked as he started walking away without giving her a second glance.

To his surprise Buffy didn't have any venomous comebacks for him as he walked away and when he spun around to plant another barb he was disappointed to see she was gone.

Buffy ran home as fast as she could, tears streaking down her face as her mind replayed the past hour's events over and over again in her mind. The final blow when Spike told her never had any intention of performing any sexual acts with her. How could she have ever thought he would! Why didn't she see it coming and why did it hurt so badly! Oh God, deep down she'd been flattered. Even looked forward to it when she'd learned she'd lost! He'd played so many jokes on her over the years but never anything this cruel. She stumbled as she flew upstairs to her room and slammed the door behind her. Oh god oh god oh god. She could never look anyone in the face again--especially him. All these years he'd been laughing at her. Everyone had been laughing at her! Over and over again she replayed the day's events in her head as she sank down to the floor and curled into a little ball.